Windows Support Forum

Loose hinge on Spectre X360

Q: Loose hinge on Spectre X360

After I have been using spectre x360 for a couple weeks, I noticed that the hinge is quite loose particularly at 90 to 180 degrees. And I can wobble it at some point without using any force. Moreover, when I hold the base while the screen is more than 90 degrees and shake the notebook a little bit, the screen will bend far to the back. It looks like the hinge is too loose and can not hold the weight of the screen. Is there any way to tighten it?Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Loose hinge on Spectre X360

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Loose hinge on Spectre X360

@johster
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Loose-hinge-on-Spectre-X360/td-p/5004493
Relevancy 36.98%

I wonder if leaving a CPU with its thermal paste open for a few hours will loose some of its quality. In which case I'll have to go buy some new paste. This is a fresh thermal paste I spread on a CPU replace, the only paste I had left, but had to reopen for a readjustment. Thank you.

A:Does a slightly dry thermal paste loose quality?

As long as it will still spread easily, it should be fine. It is when it dries up and is a puddy that will not bond (meaning sticks to everything) is when it needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-slightly-dry-thermal-paste-loose-quality.213376/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello.

I have an Asus X56TA laptop. It worked like a charm until yesterday, when suddenly, without any warnings, my left hinge just broke off when I was closing the screen.

It seems that the hinge just got _completely_ stuck. Really, like it was made of solid concrete. So when the screen worked as a lever, it easily broke off.

To illustrate my problem, here are some pictures:

Anyone has any tips what to do with this? Is there any chance of making the hinge work again? If yes, I thought of using some very powerful glue to "repair" the hinge. The plastic cover is 100% OK, so I only need some usability

I also found a brand new hinge for my notebook model on eBay. Is it possible to remove the broken hinge and install the new one?

Thanks in advance for all the tips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x56-left-hinge-broken.151335/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys
the B key has popped off my keyboard. Can I fix it back on?

A:Fujitsu siemens amlo laptop, loose button on keyboard

It should just snap back on, as long as the little plactic tabs are not broken

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fujitsu-siemens-amlo-laptop-loose-button-on-keyboard.131719/
Relevancy 33.54%

Okay so I have a Toshiba protege M I m pretty happy with it its been a great computer and to its credit held up very well However I have come to have a slight problem About a month back I dropped it or Protege Toshiba problem M700 hinge rather it got pulled off a chair about feet off the ground and slammed on the floor The floor was carpeted so the case didn t seem to take much damage even but there appears to be Toshiba Protege M700 hinge problem a problem with the hinge though Every time I open close it or adjust the angle of the screen it makes an aweful CREEKing noise Now I m positive that this was not present nearly as much if at all before its falling from the chair to the floor Anyone else have this problem Any ideas on what it might be Does anyone have a schematic of how the M is put together Upon finding one I would be able to take it apart and put it back together w o destroying something nbsp

A:Toshiba Protege M700 hinge problem

Okay, I've determined that the problem is actually due to something in the display panel, that is, that when I try and close it, the plastic flexes inside and creates a noise.
Now, this wouldn't worry me so much, if the display didn't start to bend upon closing the thing.

I've been trying to take the thing apart for days now, but I've gotten no where. i remove all the screw covers on the display panel, and then the screws, and it won't come off still!
What am I doing wrong?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-protege-m700-hinge-problem.116138/
Relevancy 37.84%

MS KB820342 will impact P2P users

1- Windows XP-based machines are capable of bootstrapping into a link local cloud consisting of computers that are running Windows Vista.

2- A Windows Vista-based computer cannot bootstrap into a link local cloud that only consists of Windows XP machines that are running PNRP v2.0. This behavior occurs because PNRP bootstrapping uses the Simple Service Discovery Protocol (SSDP) over IPv6 in Windows Vista and IPv4 in Windows XP.

Note PNRP version 2.0 is not backward-compatible with earlier versions of PNRP. If you install this update, you cannot use programs that use the updated version of PNRP to communicate with programs that use earlier versions of PNRP. Also, Windows XP does not let applications use the getaddrinfo() Windows Sockets function to resolve PNRP names that are encoded as fully qualified domain names.

A:XP SP2 with kb920342 loose P2P

Wow! Good intel their, as I never update with MS anyway, I do it manual pick out what I want and use test box to see how it goes. Like a Model Office. P2P box I leave it alone. Too much ways to prevent us to downloading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-sp2-with-kb920342-loose-p2p.101067/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a compaq preserio laptop I have been having trouble with the ac power connector it has worked loose it makes contact sometime but most of the has power connector compaq 2105 loose come time will not power the computer or charge the battery Does anyone know where I can find a diagram or manual on this computer so I can take it apart and see if I can fix the connector myself without haveing to send it back to compaq and pay outragous prices to get it fixed I have no experience working on laptops have worked on desktops but laptops are outside my scope of experience thanks for any and all help ahead of time yes cct the cord seems to be ok but the connector on the back of the computer that it plugs into moves around and that does not seem right intermitant power when wiggled and held just right will supply power but not all the time thanks for the reply Thanks to all who responded and helped me with this problem I am in the process of getting it taken care of darrell nbsp

A:compaq 2105 power connector has come loose

Are you talking about a detachable ac cord from the wall plug to your ac/dc coverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-2105-power-connector-has-come-loose.79366/
Relevancy 33.11%

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
GHX Card: EVGA Geforce 7900GTX
Monitor: Spectre X20G-NAGA III

I have recently started building a new omputer and I have run into a problem. The computer turns on but when I look at the monitor, an message pops up showing a picture of this: Monitor ---> X --->Tower (Basically meaning that it has no connection to the computer) I find that intresting though because I have everything plugged in and in the right slots.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

A:No Signal Message (Spectre Monitor)

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

We need to back up a bit first. Open up your case and have a look.

When the system is not turned on, there is an LED light on your board. Can you see it? What color is it? When you hit the power button, tell us EXACTLY what happens. Any fans spinning? Does the color of that light change? Any beeps from the system?

Did you connect the power connector to your graphics card?

How many watts is your PSU (and what make is it)?

Tell us some more about your ram. What size and speed are the ram? How many sticks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-message-spectre-monitor.50598/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a linkssy wireless g router and its working just fine. I only have one question, are the routers settings saved to my hardrive? If I were to format or my hd explode, would I have to set the router up again?

A:Can I loose my router settings

The router settings are saved in the router. You can burn down your PC or raise parrots in it, the settings won't care.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-loose-my-router-settings.31406/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi All,

I was trying to change the PSU on my PC, as I was taking the PSU unit out, i found a loose cable that said, CPU, don't pull, it's not the CPU power connector since that is still in the Mobo, and i think it belongs to my CPU thermostat, since I have a digital readout on the front of the PC, the question is, Where does it go!!!?? I am freaking out here. Ironically, it says "CPU don't pull". the cable itself terminates in a plastic end with two very fine filaments.

Also, I lifed the CPU fan levers, but did not take the fan off. Will this be ok to put back down? or do I now need to get more thermal paste?

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I am a newbie.

Thanks

A:Help I am a newbee! loose thermostat cable on CPU

That cable is most likely the Thermostat , that filament end gets taped to the underside of the heatsink as close to the cpu as posible.
Although I doubt that you would need to clean and then reapply Thermal paste, if YOU are very certain you did not dislodge the seal between the CPU and the Heatsink. If there is any doubt in your mind I suggest cleaning and then reapply to be sure.
The only way to know if you are wrong could be devastating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-i-am-a-newbee-loose-thermostat-cable-on-cpu.29929/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello to all I have lately suffered a lot of crashes during a days worth of operation on my machine But unlike the usual process theese dont seem to generate any error as the machine simply freezes No real BSOD Example I computer loose is control Dual restore freeze signal, required and Monitors to Reboot sit and do my thing then both my quot monitors loose signal at the same time and there Dual Monitors loose signal, computer freeze and Reboot is required to restore control is no way to Dual Monitors loose signal, computer freeze and Reboot is required to restore control get it back and even pressing power button will do nothing unless held down for secs ie shut down by force What I have done so far I have tested identical graphic cards same problem I have run Memory diagnostics come out clean ive run Chkdsk and integrity nothing Full kaspersky scan as well as spydoctor and windows defender nothing I am running graphics driver What I am running Windows -bit Ultimate Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard x quot Samsung SyncMaster T Monitors LCD x GB WD HLFS- G U Velociraptors in Raid x TB WD FBYS- A B in Raid x Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- S Intel i C revision processor Geforce GTX Graphics Card GB ram in x modules of Corsair DDR CM X G C D Soundblaster XI-Fi Titanium Soundcard Thermaltake Watts Toughpower Power Plant My apologies if I done this wrong but its my first post on tech forums so be gentle Now im gonna go get religious and hope someone knows the answeres nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-monitors-loose-signal-computer-freeze-and-reboot-is-required-to-restore-control.149183/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi y?all,
Lately i have been dealing with a lot of under performance of my notebook. The cause of that is of all the ads which are constantly popping up while browsing.
Therefore, I have been searching the web for tips and tricks/solutions to get a rid of these pop ups, however with no success.
So now I found this new forum page, and my question is: How can I get a rid of these pop ups and boost up my notebook (i7 processor) performance. Should I reset my laptop and restore to factory settings?
Thanks
Milton

A:Notebook spectre i7 processor running slow (ads pop up)

You are most likely infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the forum and not here please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/notebook-spectre-i7-processor-running-slow-ads-pop-up-1036625.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I bought HP Paviion x from Future Shop a month ago At that time I didn't get for Pen 130 x360 Pavilion HP any pen or pen drive software Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 So I'm just wondering if it's their mistake or I should buy one If possible I'd like to use one of these pens Lapazz tablet pen stylus pen and a pen for HP tc tablet pc Also I want to use pen pressure for photoshop If I have to buy the pen What pen will fit for my laptop What pen drive do I need to install Do I have to buy both of them can I download a free software from HP website I really need the pen pressure system If I don't need to buy Can I get a digital pen from Futureshop Best Buy I don't know much about Tablet PC and It was first time to buy a laptop by myself Unless Does one of pens on top work on my Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 laptop and to use pen pressure I tried to touch the screen with them Only stylus worked Can I use Lapazz tablet pen as a digital pen a stylus

A:Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360

Unless I'm missing something, this is a touch screen which you use your finger to navigate rather than a mouse.  If you are more comfortable using a mouse you can use a usb type with the laptop.  I personally don't know anyone who uses a stylus on a laptop touch screen.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that you needed to use a "pressure pen"? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575093/pen-for-hp-pavilion-130-x360/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello,

My Acer Aspire won't start after boot (the fan buzzes but there is only a black screen). So i removed the HDD that contains all my programs and files an immediately bought a new laptop. This laptop is a toshiba that has windows 8 preinstalled along with a whole lot of advertising junk. I wish to run the OS of my Hitachi  loose laptop HDD but Toshiba only reads its own HDD's, When i plug it in the toshiba i get an error message so i have to some how run the hitachi HDD externally somehow.

Could someone please tell me what my options are?

Is there a way to completely overwrite all the data on the toshiba HDD with the data on my Hitachi?

Or should i try to find an HDD to USB adapter cord and try to run it that way?

Please help and tell me what the most viable option is..

Thank you in Advance

A:How to boot the Window 7 OS that is installed on a loose Hitachi laptop HDD

Is not possible to Boot the HDD from the Acer on the Toshiba computer they are different models so that means different drivers, it will never work.
Maybe if you format the HDD and install windows 7 on the new machine but you might need a new license to activate windows 7. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585207/how-to-boot-the-window-7-os-that-is-installed-on-a-loose-hitachi-laptop-hdd/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've got a persistent multi-browser beastie which loads unwanted websites on practically every click and populates legitimate webpages with media objects you are missing a plugin to play videos and other ads After boopme worked with me on the problem he asked me to start a topic here So far we've run AdwCleaner Junkware Removal Tool ESET Online Scanner MBAM TDSSKiller and Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit FRST log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Sheldon administrator on LIVINGROOM on - - Running from D Users Family Desktop Loaded Profiles Sheldon amp Family Available profiles Sheldon amp Family Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed Further work of loose shake Zoomify" on "Can't The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe AVAST Software C Program Further work on "Can't shake loose of Zoomify" Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software btwdins exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C ProgramData makulitsidwe cozwdhost exe Fitbit Inc C Program Files x Fitbit Connect FitbitConnectService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe VIA Technologies Inc C Windows System ViakaraokeSrv exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe Elaborate Bytes AG C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Fitbit Inc C Program Files x Fitbit Connect Fitbit Connect exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C ProgramData makulitsidwe cozaghost exe C ProgramData makulitsidwe coz host exe C ProgramData makulitsidwe cozahost exe C ProgramData makulitsidwe coz host exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run Launch LCore gt C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LCore exe - - Logitech Inc HKLM Run NvBackend gt C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe - - NVIDIA Corporation HKLM Run ShadowPlay gt C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system nvspcap dll ShadowPlayOnSystemStart HKLM-x Run SDTray gt C Program ... Read more

A:Further work on "Can't shake loose of Zoomify"

Hi there,
my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.

Fix with FRST (normal mode)WARNING: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Download the attached fixlist.txt and save it to the location where FRST is saved to.
Run FRST.exe (on 64bit, run FRST64.exe) and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) which you find where you saved FRST. Please post it to your reply.
Full System Scan with Malwarebytes Antimalware
If not existing, please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
Double-click the downloaded setup file and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.

Click Finish.
If the program is already installed:
Run Malwarebytes Antimalware
On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.
When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
In most cases, a restart will be required.
Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
Click 'Copy to Clipboard'
Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.
Scan with ESET Online Scan
Please go to here to run the online scannner from ESET.
Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
Click Start
When asked, allow the activex control to install
Click Start
Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked
Click on Advanced Settings and ensure these options are ticked:
Scan for potentially unwanted applications
Scan for potentially unsafe applications
Enable Anti-Stealth Technology

Click Scan
Wait for the scan to finish
If any threats were found, click the 'List of found threats' , then click Export to text file....
Save it to your desktop, then please copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565743/further-work-on-cant-shake-loose-of-zoomify/
Relevancy 37.84%

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

I noticed this afternoon that the Web was unusually full of ads - popups, videos playing in the margins of pages, etc. I ran MBAM and found instances of Zoomify, SearchProtect, and  WebSpeed. Multiple quarantines, reboots and re-runs of MBAM in normal and safe mode have had no effect. There's clearly a piece that's being missed, and I don't know enough about this beastie to know where to look. Even now Chrome is opening new tabs with practically every click and popover ads on every page.

TIA

A:Can't shake loose of Zoomify

Hello Keiran..First look in Control Panel/uninstall and remove Zoomify if there.Now look in your browsers add-ons/extentions for it ...and disable or remove any unwanted add-ons from your browser:How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome - How to Uninstall Extensions in Google ChromeCheck Your Plugins: Keeping your plugins up to date helps Firefox run safely and smoothlyHow to Disable Extensions and Plugins in Firefox - How to Remove Extensions/Uninstall Plugins in FirefoxHow to Disable Extensions in Internet ExplorerHow to Disable Add-ons/Extensions in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google ChromeHow to Disable all add-ons in Firefox, Internet ExplorerThere are also more suggestion in these articles:How to Remove a toolbar that has taken over your Firefox search or home pageGoogle Chrome Search engine and other settings taken over by an unwanted programAdwCleanerPlease download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.Junkware Removal ToolPlease download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.ESET Online ScannerHold down Control and click on this link to open ESET Online Scanner in a new window.Click the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."Click the Start button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats" Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, click List ThreatsClick Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Click the Back button.Click the Finish button.NOTE: Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareDownload MalwareBytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.exe to start the installation of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation. You can find the complete installation procedure here.Click the Scan Now button, a threat scan will start automatically.MalwareBytes Anti-Malware will now check for the latest updates. Click Update Now if new updates are available.Your computer is now being scanned, please do not use your computer during the scan.If no threats were found, click View detailed log.Click Export and save the log as a .txt file on your D... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565614/cant-shake-loose-of-zoomify/
Relevancy 32.68%

When I open the laptop there is a cracking sound on the right hinge. The cover to the left hinge broke partially off and that side isn't loose or anything. The right side though has always had the cover over the hinge and had made a cracking sound for a while now (about 3 months). The hinge didn't feel loose and there was no affect on the screen or performance in anyway. The screen starts up as it should and the touch screen is working. Problem is now it IS getting loose. The screen seems to also be popping out of the laptop cover? Or shell I guess? Not sure if that is the right way to describe it....the screen is detaching from it's backing. I really think it's the cover over the hinge that is causing the hinge/monitor to not open right. Any suggestions for a do it myself fix?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-15-f010wm-laptop-screen-hinge-makes-a-crack-when-opening.1155376/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi there,

I have an Acer Aspire laptop and it is now 4 years old. When I plug the adapter in, it has to be angled a certain way to charge. You can feel that the port is physically loose. I am thinking of selling as is and buying a new laptop. How much would it cost to get it fixed/how much do you think I should sell my laptop for? I am thinking $200. Is that unreasonable? There is nothing wrong with any software.

A:Charge Port Loose

Hi and welcome to TSG.

What model Acer Aspire is it ? Should be written underneath.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/charge-port-loose.1155835/
Relevancy 36.12%

So the task bar told me to upgrade so I did Windows seemed to run very smoothly Rendered Hopeless. All Help Broke to 10 & Loose! Windows Hell Upgraded until I noticed I had no sound output So I opened device manager to find my soundcard unrecognized I visited ASUS' site for appropriate windows drivers updated amp rebooted I obtained a BSOD loop saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED I've tried everything startup diagnosis amp repair safe mode does not work etc I attempt to repair the boot sector by selecting command prompt and typing bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot amp bootrec exe RebuildBcd Not knowing which to select afterward I selected ALL which may have been a fatal mistake because now when I boot into Windows I get a shitload of errors like Windows LogonUI exe gt The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l - - dll is missing Slui exe gt Entry Point not Found And a whole bynhc of other errors about exe's it can't find So Upgraded to Windows 10 & All Hell Broke Loose! Rendered Hopeless. Help now I'm just wanting to back up what I can and start over but I can't pretty much everything is FU amp D I can run firefox to post this but nothing else works IE Explorer Windows Explorer Control Panel Nothing essential works I can't wipe this computer until I pull some of the data off of my primary C I downloaded a rd party file manager which I can see everything but I cannot click and drag copy and paste does not work It also no longer recognizes my external disk drive I've used the sfc scannow command and it said some files could not be recovered it seemingly did nothing to help One more thing after this disaster took place I now have a 'This copy of Windows is not genuine' in the bottom right corner of my screen I've also tried system restore but it says there are no restore points There must be a way to crutch through this so I can recover my data before wiping Can someone please help me with this I'll be so grateful I spent hours on the phone with microsoft and they are completely useless Thanks P S I tried downloading and installing the log collector but i get an error saying Ordinal Not Found The ordinal could not be locatedin the dynamic link library ierutil dll And another error saying dxdiag exe - Entry Point not Found D DKMTNetDispQueryMiracastDisplayDeviceSupport could not be located in the Upgraded to Windows 10 & All Hell Broke Loose! Rendered Hopeless. Help dynamic link library GDI dll I clicked through the errors and it seems to be doing the scan Stay posted Thanks Okay so the saved log file is in a zipped folder on my desktop but I cannot access it I cannot double click it or right click it it's dead I can double click and right click other files on my desktop however

A:Upgraded to Windows 10 & All Hell Broke Loose! Rendered Hopeless. Help

Okay I have uploaded the .zip file. Sorry but this is all I could do! The PC is so messed up that 90% of things don't work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383507-upgraded-windows-10-all-hell-broke-loose-rendered-hopeless-help.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I am on Windows 7 , if I upgrade to Win 8.1 will I loose my files/data/pics/ installed games?

A:I am on Windows 7 , if I upgrade to Win 8.1 will I loose my filesdata?

When you upgrade you should not lose anything, but it's always a good idea to back up your data first before you proceed on to the upgrade.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/384420-i-am-windows-7-if-i-upgrade-win-8-1-will-i-loose-my-filesdata.html
Relevancy 33.54%

We have a person who is somewhat important on HP specter 360 with Windows 7. She received a NSOD and i did a bluescreenview and it said it is related to ntoskrnl.exe. Uploaded mini dump. Please help this poor IT person.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. Not sure what is going on. HP Spectre 360

Hi xxxnullifierxxx,

Welcome to the 7forums.

A driver from Symantec has been flagged
Please check Symantec for software updates.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys

2: kd> lmvm PGPwded
start end module name
fffff880`0151a000 fffff880`01584000 PGPwded T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: PGPwded.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PGPwded.sys
Image name: PGPwded.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 28 10:24:45 2014 (54783F5D)
CheckSum: 0006A043
ImageSize: 0006A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I understand this person you are talking about is from an organization?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384436-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-not-sure-what-going-hp-spectre-360-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I cannot create a new folder on the desktop. Right click of the mouse pad does nothing. Shift Control N does nothing. This is ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.

A:HP Spectre X360 with Windows 10

Does right click work at all? Try right click on Start button and see if it produces a menu. Some people has experienced problems with their touch pad, try using a mouse and see if right click works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-spectre-x360-with-windows-10.1160901/
Relevancy 33.11%

I need to order a replacement hinge or hinges for my HP Probook 4530s. The left hinge just brook and I want to make sure I order the correct replacement part. Can anyone help? Also, I've back everything up and feel like I should just keep it shut down while I wait for the parts, is there any danger in continuing to use the laptop if I'm careful when opening and closing?

A:Need part number for replacement hinge on HP Probook 4530s

Hello Bginsburg and Welcome to PCHF

Here is all the information you need (page 27) https://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/...ocLocale=en_US

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127285-need-part-number-replacement-hinge-hp-probook-4530s.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Chaps BRANDNEW ARRIVED DAYS AGO HP Spectre x Core Intel i7-6500U BRICK HD520 Graphics Spectre x360 NEW HP 13-4109na - na - Intel Core i - U Windows GB DDR L GB SDRAM Intel HD Graphics Supplied with Windows home and updated to Windows home with m s update Video Scheduler driver STOPPED RESPONDING VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR andsimilar Errors ABOUT FOUR TIMES DAILY Usually whilst using IE FIREFOX usuallywhen changing page scrolling COULD IT BE RELATED TO POPUPS OR OTHER VIDEO ON SCREEN Event viewer shows Display driver igfx stoppedresponding and has successfully recovered Event ID Think this is x error Sometimes blue screens but more often recovers Rolled driver back to No improvement YESTERDAY Contacted HP chat support Paul who using a minuscule chatbox promptly Reset driver to latest driver and updatedBIOS Apologised for the inconvenience and offered me a HPvoucher NOT ARRIVED MACHINE STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM after HP support QUELLE SURPRISE If I were not otherwise quite pleased HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK with the machine and had not spent a few hours setting it up it would be sent straight back - it may still be Nevertheless keen to sort it out thanks for your help There appear to be some beta drivers available here https downloadcenter intel com dow - - - - - - but I cannot get the Win bit version to install quot The driver being installed is not validated for this computer quot error arises there are some instructions to bypass this here https steamcommunity com HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK app I do only have one graphics card Is this the way forward OK folks followed the instructions carefully essentially telling the P C to search yourself have driver and have disc then navigate to folder you have saved and extracted to Note also it is best to download the zipped file since it contains graphics display audio and language items and so you can choose graphics separately I could not get the HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK single exe file to load the graphics driver Now running beta driver dated Time will tell Well no recurrence for hours so marking as solved - famous last words eh Yes spoke too soon Made the mistake of turning to tablet mode and twice had the worst screen problems yet experienced Mike

A:HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the 10forums.

To note:
Attachment 52520

As the 0x119 is GPU related, please stress test the GPU and clean install the drivers.
Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Intel. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.

Diagnostic test

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff800`ee6f0000 fffff800`eed2d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D)
CheckSum: 0061C20F
ImageSize: 0063D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32551-hp-spectre-x360-13-4109na-intel-core-i7-6500u-hd520-graphics-new-brick.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Good Morning I am having the worst problem and I cannot identify what is happening Internet TCP/IP but not Loose access to the computer I have one computer on a network of and every to days this one computer looses Internet connection What happens is I will unlock Loose Internet access but not TCP/IP the computer in Loose Internet access but not TCP/IP the morning and I will have no access to the Internet using Google IE or Firefox I will also not be able to send and receive email or access my Linux server locally nbsp using my Telnet program the error nbsp for the terminal emulator nbsp is a problem with winsock The weird part is I can ping the Linux server by name and IP address I can ping nbsp google and I get a reply so TCP IP appears to be working DNS lookup and such I can also access the faulty computer using Remote desktop without issue so again TCP IP appears to be working I cannot access the computer using Teamviewer when this occurs either it is only Remote Desktop that will work so I have to log into another computer and then RDP to the faulty computer to access it so it seems local connectivity works except of course the Terminal emulator program to the Linux box I have uninstalled McAfee to see if this was blocking anything and it still happened I have tried to turn off the Microsoft Firewall when this happens to see if I'm being blocked and I still cannot access the Internet I have reset the winsock and the TCP IP stack quot netsh winsock reset quot and quot netsh int ipv reset quot and this does not help The only thing that resolves the issue is to reboot the machine and then everything works fine for the next - days I have run several scans with Malwarebytes Spybot McAfee Security Essentials CCleaner and no issues I have setup a scheduled task send out an email every half hour to identify the time that the issue happens and then I checked the tasks that were running at that time to see if I can identify a task that is running just before the issue occurs I thought RAC was causing the issue and I stopped this task but it still happened again I cannot locate a task that is running that is causing the issue as the tasks all run fine on their own when I initiate them from the Task Scheduler If anyone can help or has any idea I am at my wits end here Thank you for any help you can offer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2d0cac48-850d-4dfb-9899-2d609c9e16f4/loose-internet-access-but-not-tcpip?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.97%

i have had this laptop for just over years now i can't remember when this problem started because at first it was hardly noticeable but for at least a few months now i have been having issues with my the left hinge corner on my laptop apparently this is a pretty common problem among many acer models at first it seemed as though the hinge had gotten nbsp slightly out of place and would need to kind of pop E1-531 left hinge broken? aspire back in every once in a while as i opened or closed the lid i wasn't worried about it until a several weeks passed and it nbsp was happening every single time i opened or closed the lid when i turned the laptop around so i had a better look at the hinge i saw that the plastic pieces that hold the laptop together were actually splitting apart in the corner this has only gotten worse over time--the gap between the pieces keeps getting wider and the split travels further i think it's inevitable that aspire E1-531 left hinge broken? pretty soon the power adapter is going to shift out of place because of this and i won't be able to charge the laptop rendering it useless is there anything i can do to fix this other than aspire E1-531 left hinge broken? replacing the lid hinges i feel like even if i get the parts replaced the same thing is just aspire E1-531 left hinge broken? going to start happening again eventually should i just go ahead and start saving for a new laptop NOT another acer

A:aspire E1-531 left hinge broken?

I have this same problem!! I went searching online and discovered that I am definitely not alone.I would like to know how or if it it repairable and/or is Acer willing to compensate for repair service.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/aspire-E1-531-left-hinge-broken/td-p/409149/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

I purchased an Aspire V5-571 laptop in June 2013. The left side hinge has started to come loose, pulling the bottom half of the laptop away from the top half. As a result of this, the loose hinge has cracked the screen and the touch screen now no longer works. No damage has been done to the laptop, it has just been subject to normal use. Is this a common problem with the V5? Is it something that can be easily repaired? Happy to provide any more details if required.

A:V5-571 hinge broken

Hello, Which parts do you need?What model do you own exactly?Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V5-571-hinge-broken/td-p/421676/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

Dear Acer Unfortunately I've begun to notice my right display hinge coming loose on my C GB When I push down on it it makes a noticeable snapping noise Your company has built an amazing product however its build quality suffers dramatically by simple design flaws such as this I have never dropped my chromebook and besides normal-light wear and tear the chromebook is in superb condition However after approximately only a year and half of use has begun to literally fall apart I understand hinge failure C720 laptop hinges have been an issue for years nbsp as noted by Acer technician Acer-Blayn nbsp here http community acer com t Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks Acer-laptop-LEFT-side-Screen-hinge-Problem C720 hinge failure and yet this design flaw continues to exist years later One would think if this design flaw has continously been an issue would C720 hinge failure be addressed in all models especially those marketed towards a lower income demographic Acer you have built a great product but why do I have to purchase another one after a year and half of use nbsp

A:C720 hinge failure

Hi jso92,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues with hinge. I can certainly understand the frustration, however, as Blayn mentioned hinges have been failing on clamshell notebooks for as long as they've been built, and that's not just related to Acer. Unfortunately, the hinge is the weak point in a folding process that also has to be a hollow enough to allow for wires to pass through and not krinkle them. They take all the stress created when opening the device, but it also has to be capable of moving to allow anyone (think children) to open it. I know we've continued to make improvements and modifications to the way hinges work, but if someone was to come up with a way to prevent hinges from failing the way they've done in the past, they would extremely wealthy.

We do have repair options available if you're interested in those, it may be more viable than having to entirely replace the unit.

Thanks,Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/C720-hinge-failure/td-p/406040/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 31.82%

Brand new laptop keeps crashing. Has shown blue screen with error message DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(rtwlane.sys) 5 times, and has compltly locked up twice ctrl+alt+delete didn't work so had to switch off via power button. Windows update failing to install despite being connected to the internet. 

A:Brand new HP X360 11-k107na Blue screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS...

Hello,Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! This is BSOD -  kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (more often) or because of hardware issue (rarely). In your case, this seems to be known issue - your network drivers are outdated and need to be updated in order to fix the issue. Option 1:Visit the HP web site for your model >> http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-11-x360-PC-series/8499314/model/8942286 , select your OS version, download , choose the Network drivers , download and update them Option 2 (recommended):If you do not have it already, please download and install HP Support Assistant from this url: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905Use to check for and apply all drivers updates Additional tips:- If you have McAfee software installed, then uninstall it and eventually run this McAfee uninstaller tool >> http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp- Use the built-in Windows Defender >> http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/  Please, provide your feedback and let me know how this goes. - For Windows updates failures, try >> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brand-new-HP-X360-11-k107na-Blue-screen-DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS/td-p/5595299
Relevancy 63.64%

I've seen this crackling sound problem around the internet. After my research for hours, here is what I got: 1. I used 'DPC Latency Checker V1.4.0'. It was found that some devices, i.e. modem, usb, wifi, are interupting the sound card making crackling noise which is really loud and noisy. 2. Changing the bit rate between 16 bit and 24 bit doesn't help. 3. Update speaker driver to 'Realtex 6.3.9600.116' and 'Intel Smart Sound Technology 8.4.1.71' won't help. 4. Turn off the Audio Enhancement in DTS studio sound doesn't help. 5. Disable WIFI driver for a while won't help. *6. I've found that the problem can be solved by disable 'Disk Data Cache' in SSD option in Intel Rapid Storage Technology.Page 4 from this link: LinkBut I can't find this disable option in version 13.6.0.1002So how can I turn this 'SSD Cache' off?Or do you have any other solution?

A:Crackling sound while playing music in HP SPECTRE X360 Ultra...

Here is what I got from DPC Latency. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-while-playing-music-in-HP-SPECTRE-X360/td-p/5039064
Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 identical fairly new HP 360s, both running W10 64-bit. Both send video correctly to the TV over HDMI connection. Neither sends the audio, instead sending it to the laptop's internal speakers. This is an HP issue, as the HDMI cable is fine and works with all other devices. The cable and TV work properly with my Mac and Toshiba laptop and with my HP Pavilion desktop unit. Please advise as to the correct fix for this tiresome proble. Thanks,Steve Conelley

A:Envy x360 audio not passed to TV over HDMI

Hi there @Conehead1952,  Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. I understand that you are having an issue with the sound while trying to use the HDMI capability from your HP ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices  troubleshooter? The troubleshooter will help find and fixHDMIissues. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.You could try to:Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-x360-audio-not-passed-to-TV-over-HDMI/td-p/5584652
Relevancy 33.54%

I am unable to get a definative answer from any one whether of not this new 12" (not the 13") model support an external monitor.  Specs and screenshots show only USB-C ports.  Is there another port?  Can you attach one with an adaptor via the USB-C port?  A support export said he saw an HDMI port, but I suspect he was looking at at the 13" Spectre.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:New Spectre 12 x2 Detachable

Great Question @meisenman?  With the upcoming Spectre 12 x2 PC the USB type-C ports can be used to plug in an external monitor. You will need an HP USB type-C to HDMI  or VGA adapter to allow one to be plugged in. USB Type-C Compatibility Chart for computers, adapters, docks and hubsDescription HP Spectre 12-a000 x2 Detachable PC     HP USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter  x    HP USB-C to HDMI Adapter  x    HP USB-C to VGA Adapter  x      

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Spectre-12-x2-Detachable/td-p/5304562
Relevancy 34.4%

Broken  plastic under left hinge on my 17" laptop. I see a lot of complaints about the same thing to many people and wonder if there is a recall or replacement program or at minimum a discount towards a new laptop. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible, because I am now without a laptop. TIA

A:Broken hinge

@Terburn

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Broken-hinge/td-p/5592955
Relevancy 64.93%

nbsp My Spectre is connected to the internet via WLAN The Operating System Win was updated a few days ago nbsp The Bluetooth System does not detect any Bluetooth X360 the Spectre devices by Bluetooth not HP detected devices any more It keeps searching without any detected devices There are no error messages Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360 In the devices list in the system the bluetooth speakers are not displayed The problem is permanentMy Bluetooth speakers functioned with this Spectre a few days ago These Speakers work with my Smartphone and Bluetooth connection without any problems nbsp My Samsung smartphone is near the Spectre with bluetooth enabled It was coupled with the spectre a few weeks ago and functioned but suddenly this does not function any more either The smartpjone connects to other bluetooth devices and the bluetooth speakers without any problems I tried to connect to the speakers with the Spectre after disabling the speakers in the smartphone bluetooth connection- no success I have tried deinstalling and reinsatlling the bluetooth drivers in the Spectre- but the result is the same The system says that the bluetooth is functioning and that the drivers are up to date Your help would be much appreciated With best regardsIvor Novello nbsp

A:Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360

Hi @INOV, I came across your post about Bluetooth connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please review the document below: HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)Make sure  the Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-devices-not-detected-by-the-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5592138
Relevancy 33.11%

I have un HP spectre 360 (windows 10 64bit) connected with Hp 3001PR port replicator.The port replicator is connected with monitor and ethernet.Problem: each morning when i start computer ,after about 30 minutes, the replicator disconnects.i have to " ipl " the replicator and after i haven't problem for all day.i have installed the last version driver but the problem is always the samecould you help me pleaseMauro

A:HP 3001PR disconnect with windows10 in HP spectre 360

Hello @Mauro62?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the Port Replicator, and wanted to help! To start, can  you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Do you only have the replicator connected to your notebook through the monitor?  Are you connecting it with an HDMI cable?  Are you using an external monitor?  If so, instead of connecting through the monitor, try connecting through the USB port, and see if you are having the same issue.  Please post back with the results. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Happy New Year!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-3001PR-disconnect-with-windows10-in-HP-spectre-360/td-p/5422540
Relevancy 64.5%

I applied the BIOS Update F.32 Rev A using the HP Support Assistant. After applying the update my touch screen no longer works.HP Chat assist has only come up with the option to rebuild the machine. Has anyone else had problems with this BIOS Update?Is there anything I can do?Surely HP shouldn't provide this update for this model if it breaks it? Help appreciated.Peter

A:bios update has disabled touch on HP Spectre X360

Hi @Peterjhoulihan,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to help! I understand that the Touchscreen on your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4104tu Notebook PC is not working correctly.  Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?Did you happen to try to restore the BIOS?Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager? Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen:  Open up the Device ManagerFind ?Human Interface Devices?Expand ?Human Interface Devices?Right-click on ?HD-compliant touch screen.?Click ?Enable" (if available)Restart your Notebook PC. If this happened after you had done a set of Windows Updates, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started.  To use System Restore in Windows 10: Go to the SearchType Control PanelClick Control PanelClick SystemClick System ProtectionClick System Protection TabClick System RestoreClick NextChoose "Choose a different Restore point"Click NextA box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop upChoose the eventClick NextClick FinishClick Yes to ConfirmWhen the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/bios-update-has-disabled-touch-on-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5594457
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello All nbsp Frustrated new owner of HP Pavilion x - convertible nbsp here nbsp Bought this computer about weeks ago nbsp Here are the issues I've been having nbsp nbsp Computer goes into sleep mode no matter convertible hp - GOES x360 laptop MODE... - SLEEP INTO pavilion what minutes setting I've set to both on battery and plugged in I've even set everything to never laptop would still go into sleep mode after to minutes of no-use nbsp nbsp Spent to hours with HP rep whom of which remotely accessed my laptop downloaded a bios update installed bios update nbsp After the bios update we tested the hp pavilion x360 - convertible laptop - GOES INTO SLEEP MODE... problem byleaving computer untouched for about minutes or so issue seems to be solved nbsp nbsp After step HDMI external monitor not sending signal to monitor nbsp My ext monitor can't detect a signal nbsp I actually had problems when I first tried to use an external monitor had to do several restarts and shutdowns to finally have monitor detect and signal from the laptop nbsp I know it's not the hdmi cable or monitor as I've tried inter-switching monitors and cables with my amazon fire TV nbsp And all monitors and cables were okay nbsp nbsp Nevertheless after step I fiddled around and restarted and shutdown the laptop some more times and somehow the monitor finally detected a signal and screen works again nbsp nbsp BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN LAPTOP GOES INTO THE DREADFUL SLEEPMODE after to minutes of idling nbsp This is really frustrating when you're working a a paper and doze off a lil bit to grab a drink watch tv etc having to come back wait for log in screen and enter password again is quite tedious nbsp nbsp Can an HP really get to the bottom of this as I've seen many others in this forum with issues of Sleep as well nbsp Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated with this as I've spent to on a new machine but I'm having to go through hours of troubleshooting for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-GOES-INTO-SLEEP-MODE/td-p/5596404
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi  Hoping someone can assist, I have a spectre x360 connected to a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI.  Screen is recognised OK as the laptop screen flickers when plgging in, problem is that the TV screen suddenly goes blank (black) for no apparent reason then reappears, again for no obvious reason. Tried various different cables and different HDMI ports on TV and all behave the same, this doesn't occur at all when using other laptops connected to the TV using same cables.  Doesn;t appear to be cable led either as wiggling cable and therefore port doesn't seem to affect either the black out or reappearance ? Help !  

A:Spectre x360 - Samsung HDMI

Hi there @BaffledA,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that the HDMI from your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC to your Samsung TV is not working properly.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting:  Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues.  Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.Please also try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Update Driver Software.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Also, you could try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Samsung-HDMI/td-p/5594750
Relevancy 33.97%

hello it is indeed very sad for me to type in problem Envy 6 1002tx hinge HP here with the HP Envy 6 1002tx hinge problem same subject It's been less than months since the same problem creeped up I had earlier also complained the same thing regarding the recurring hinge problem of HP Envy model which i own This problem keeps happening again and again and is irritating to the end So far HP had given me the extended warranty but this hinge problem looks ridiculous I would not have had complained if it was some other problem but this hinge problem has been recurring and will continue to do so This is because of the flawed design and as a customer it really is disappointing as HP has failed to provide any long lasting solution The temporary make up only further aggravates the problem nbsp This is probably the fifth or the sixth time in the last years I am facing the cracked hinge problem of my laptop and it looks like HP might well lose out on one more customer nbsp Thank you

A:HP Envy 6 1002tx hinge problem

@AnandRao?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-6-1002tx-hinge-problem/td-p/5239458
Relevancy 33.97%

Was about to buy Spectre x360 13" with i7, 512 GB etc and FHD screen but HP ran out of stock and now only seem to have QHD with this spec. Am a little worried about scaling issues with QHD. Am mainly using Office 2013, Outlook, Adobe PDFs, Google Drive, Photoshop, Norton. Would these programmes have scaling issues ? Are HP restocking with FHD screens or are they now out ? The US have a Spectre x360 13t  with FHD and I can't understand why HP UK don't sell this model.  Can anyone advise ?

A:Spectre FHD

Hi, I think all high end Spectre x360 machines now have QHD or UHD therefore you have to movw down to lower specs which has only 128GB or 256GB of storage. Many machines in the US market won't be available in other countries specially CTO machines. I don't think HP Stores will restock older machines. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-FHD/td-p/5591432
Relevancy 63.64%

I have it hooked up with HDMI (brand new gold plated cable). The text especially is blurry/fuzzy and the screen doesn't take up all the space it should - about 1/2" at the top and sides, bottom is ok. The guy at View Sonic support said it was a video card issue and I would have to figure it out with HP or Intel. Can anyone help me? I have Intel HD graphics. The monitor is Viewsonic VX2270-Smh-LED. It's 21.5" 1080p frameless IPS display.

A:Trouble with Spectre x360 and Viewsonic Monitor, blurry text...

Hi @butlerll, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre Notebook and the HDMI port not working correctly. Try running the Windows updater Tool. Here is a link to help troubleshoot the HDMI Display. If the Notebook is not having an issue displaying anything on the Notebook screen, it is not a graphics card. Please get back to me how this goes. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Trouble-with-Spectre-x360-and-Viewsonic-Monitor-blurry-text/td-p/5587046
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi fellow HP users and forum moderators nbsp I am using a Spectre X purchased in Australia and currently using it in Australia nbsp My problem is that the laptop sometimes does not nbsp wake up from sleep hibernate The screen is pitch black and keyboard lighting button is functional but I tried every single button on the keybpard and pressed the trackpad Nothing happens or responds to this nbsp Is this a software issue HP software or Windows bit issue Maybe a hardware like SSD playing up My SSD is a Samsung GB one nbsp The only way to make my laptop work again is to press the on off sleep button for seconds then it would force to shutdown then I press again to boot it up nbsp This is nbsp getting annoying I am writing a report for university and suddenly after having a short break or so and opening my laptop the screen is black does not want to wake up nbsp Any solution s to this nbsp Thanks in advance

A:Spectre x360 does not wake up Black screen

Hi @HPmac1,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with black screen after sleep mode. I will be glad to help you. Please follow the step from Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-does-not-wake-up-Black-screen/td-p/5583211
Relevancy 33.54%

My taskbar is jumping most of the time and at that moment my touchscreen doesn't work.  I made a screenvideo to show it.  Video of my screen I cann't find the problem online and fix it. I already re-installed my laptop. Who can help me? Thanks! 

A:Jumpie taskbar on Spectre

Hello @Rutger_help, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having issues with the Task Bar, and wanted to assist you! I took a look at the video you provided.  Thank you for the information.  It seems that the Task Bar itself is not the issue, but the Touch Screen.  The Task Bar seems to be jumping, because the On-Screen Keyboard icon keeps popping up, and going away.  The On-Screen Keyboard is usually active while in Tablet Mode, or when using the Touch Screen.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Jumpie-taskbar-on-Spectre/td-p/5590336
Relevancy 65.79%

I've had the same problem as seen in 8 previous pages on this forum. My wife opened our 1 month old, $2000 hp spectre x360 laptop to find the screen had cracked. By the time we got the laptop to hp, the cracks had spread and some shards of glass fallen out near the origin of the crack at one hinge. Hp have deemed this as physical damage and quoted us $523 for repairs, on what without doubt was a defective screen. I can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment at both the quality of hp screens based on the 8 pages of similar issues, and the ridiculous quoted repair costs. I could buy a new laptop for less. With this level of customer service, I don't see hp maintaining their reputation of quality.

A:cracked screen on spectre x360

@trent2
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5112381
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had some intermittent display problems so I wanted to check if my driver was up to date. Device manager indicates that for my Intel HD Graphics 5500, the current version 20.19.15.4360 is "Up to Date".  When I check on the HP website for my model computer and Win 10 operating system, it indicates I should use a different version, 10.18.15.4220. The strange thing is that according to the Intel website explanation for their numbering system, the first number "20" indicates a Win 10 driver, and a "10" first number a Win8.1 driver. It would appear that HP is recommending a Win 8.1 version for my Win 10 installation. I am uncertain what to believe is the correct driver.

A:Spectre x360-13t-4000 Graphics Driver

Hi @jsinco,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have questions about the video driver . I will be glad to help you. I looked into your question. the Version 10.18.15.4240 Rev.A was released  Jul 22, 2015 The Version 20.19.15.4360 Rev.A was released 6 Jan 2016 is a path for HDMI output. If you are not useing the external monitor exther are fine.The Version 20.19.15.4360 is the most recent. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13t-4000-Graphics-Driver/td-p/5583197
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased my HP Spectre x360 (i7, 8GB, 256SSD, Windows 10) two days ago.It worked perfectly until midday today when the touch keyboard icon in the bottom right of the toolbar began to toggle on and off for no reason.  Simultaneously, the touch screen was unresponsive for the majority of the 13.3" display.  When the icon is not toggling, everything works fine.  This problem occurs (what seems like) at random times for random durations.I have done nothing outside normal use and checking to make sure there are no problems.My guess is it has something to do with switching from the various "360" modes and possibly the connectivity between the screen and keyboard panels.Has anyone else had similar problems?Are there any solutions already in place?

A:HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

Hi @zswies?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the Touchpad sensitivities.If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!I hope this helps.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Touch-Screen/td-p/5224100
Relevancy 65.79%

Oh what a wonderful day... brand new laptop...  a HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7.  Got it at Fry's as a refurbishment.  Got it home. Got it set up.  Got all kinds of display problems after not more than a few minutes of operation.  Why would I buy a refurbishment?  Don't know... I'm thinking these computers with the touch screens and rotations are not ready for prime time.  Returned it and got my money back.  Not sure about the HP brand.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Display-Problem/td-p/5588212
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently had to replace the power button board on my laptop after the original part broke. The last time my computer worked before the power button board broke, the battery was at 70% and afterwards I couldn't turn on my computer. Recently I received the replacement part and installed it into my computer. However when I try to turn on my computer it still does not work. When I plug in the adapter it does not turn on the nearby led and does not warm up at all. I tried to use only battery power however that does not work either. I have already looked through the guide (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372748 )and nothing seems to be the problem. I have yet to replace the battery or adapter because I am unsure if those are the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-x360-Not-Responsive-to-Boot-Up/td-p/5596428
Relevancy 64.5%

My HP Spectre X360 convertible is overheating with high degree of battery power loss. The system goes off oftenly.  The extreme overheating is a big concern to me. The fast going down of battery disrupt my work greatly. What should I do to get my system back on track as before?

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I just received this HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC and I am trying to set up a new copy of Windows 10. I have a flashdrive that has been set up to boot with a copy of Windows 10 that I would like to install. The problem is that when I press Escape and choose booting, I don't find the USB drive at all - the options remain the same where the flashdrive is plugged or not. Please advise. Thanks,Al

A:HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC

Hi, Please use a fresh or empty flash drive, not a bootable drive. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-15-w000-x360-Convertible-PC/td-p/5582015
Relevancy 65.79%

I have had my Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx for 6 months.  The operating system is Windows 8.1 (64-bit).  I use Microsoft Office 365.   My laptop will freeze on me at least once every day either when I am outlook and more likely when I am on IE 11.  Normally it happens when I am using Outlook 2013, iTunes (Just opened, not playing music, basically updating my contacts/calendars) and internet explorer 11 (I will have maybe 4 tabs open) and probably will have Word and Excel open also.  IE 11 will be on let's say Amazon, and a few other pages but I am streaming movies or videos or music.  I understand that is a lot of programs to have open but the laptop is i7 -5500U - CPU - 2.40GHz with 8.0GB of Ram.  I currently am using 4.69GB. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop Freezes - Spectre x360

Hi @prime31?, Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the laptop freezes on Outlook and IE 11 once a day. I would like to help solve the problem.  please review the document for troubleshooting:HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8) Have you tried other Internet browser like Google Chrome? Let me know how it goes. To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it. Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Freezes-Spectre-x360/td-p/5469606
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone, as the topic subject suggests i  ' m searching for a new Keyboard for my "spectre X360 4101 Energy star " , the model of the keyboard is "806500-061 ITALIAN version" .  Unfortunately i dropped a glass of cofee on it , i managed to save all the other components except for the keyboard , that after many attempts of cleaning din't work. I ' m trying to find out where to buy the replacement , any suggestion ?

A:HP Service PN 806500-061 ITL Spectre X360

Hi @Gilgamesh9,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard. I will be glad to help you. HP continually improves and changes product parts. For complete and current information onsupported parts for your computer, go to http://partsurfer.hp.com, select your country or region, and thenfollow the on-screen instructions. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please keep me informed of how things went.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Service-PN-806500-061-ITL-Spectre-X360/td-p/5595934
Relevancy 34.4%

my laptops right hinge is buldged and moving loose , it is just not fine . the left one is normal . how to fix this issue . 

A:right hinge broken and bulged

@pp511

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/right-hinge-broken-and-bulged/td-p/5596767
Relevancy 33.97%

Extremely frustrated! I have had the pavilion laptop for a couple of years now, so warranty has expired but soon after I started having issues with the left hand hinge. it has gotten to the point where the entire laptop case has cracked open. I cannot find a proper technician to fix the hinge.....each one just makes a bigger mess of things.The laptop (otherwise) is still in great working condition, thus it will not be viable for me to replace.Could you please advise on a proper technician who will use genuine hp parts to fix the hinge and case?

A:HP pavilion broken hinge and case

@ lnarch

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-pavilion-broken-hinge-and-case/td-p/5596652
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,  I purchased an HP Envy Touchsmart 15 a little over a year ago. The hinge seems to have come unglued fromt the inside. I read that the HP Envy is prone to this, since the hinge is glued in production as opposed to being fastened with a screw. I'm a graduate student, and I'm unable to use my HP for schoolwork due to the faulty hinge. The computer has been handled carefully, and it's never been dropped. This is my first HP. It was great when it was working; however, a laptop that costs nearly a grand and works only for 1 year due to the construction is extremelhy dissapointing.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how it was handled by HP. I purchased it through costco, so I should have an extended 2 year warranty on the device.  Thanks in advance,  Alexandria

A:HP Envy Touchsmart 15 Broken Hinge

@AlexandriaP ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Touchsmart-15-Broken-Hinge/td-p/4876892
Relevancy 32.68%

I loved HP computers for their latest components and I have multiple computers in different sizes. But this Envy 15-J151NR is really bad design and broke the left hinge off the base enclosure causing the enclosure to raise up and cause gap between enclosure and top cover! Hinge on the display side is holding fine, I bought this notebook in MAY 2014 and it is out of warranty! I would appreciate and continue my love to HP computers, if HP can offer to replace the base enclosure at no cost! Hope HP support can respond ASAP since this issue needs to be covered via some sort of recall to compensate the design flaw! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-15-J151NR-LEFT-HINGE-broken-from-Base-Enclosure/td-p/5596456
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi. Like many others, my right hinge is broken on my laptop. The screw stripped out and new screws cannot be screwed back in, making the screen off kilter and putting awkward pressure on the hinge and body. Needless to say I'm not thrilled about this on a $1,000+ laptop. I'd like to be directed to a part I can possibly get to repair this problem. I think the least HP can do is send me the part if it is fixable.

A:Right Hinge Screw Stripped

Hi!, @sjlamb77: Welcome, to Forum !. Can you, indicate what is this the screws (part number), what, you needed ... http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04091768.pdf IMHO, you can purchase, the screws, in any warehouse, with the type, indicated, in this manual.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Right-Hinge-Screw-Stripped/td-p/5596271
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi , i have a Hp Pavilion 13.3 " x360 13-s060sa and i want to upgrade the hard drive for an SSD , does anyone know the compatible SSD makes for this notebook. No websites seem to recognise it or have my model on their compatibility list . It must be upgradable since the one up model has an SSD and also other model numbers of the same laptop are supported. Any help and info would be really good, Thank You

A:Hp Pavilion x360 13-s060sa compatible SSD

This laptop has a standard 2.5" drive so any 2.5" SSD will work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pavilion-x360-13-s060sa-compatible-SSD/td-p/5596089
Relevancy 34.4%

My HP Envy's hinge is detaching as the casing is cracking open. I have never dropped it or damaged it any manner. Everything else works perfectly. I have barely had my computer over a year now which is not a long time and this seems to be a very popular problem. I will have to pay to get this fixed due to a manufacturing problem and being a college student that is definitely not in my budget especially with the precaution I take with this laptop. I love this product and so far I have had a great HP experience. I would hope HP is going to back their product! 

A:HP Envy Broken Hinge

@jacobsj6

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Broken-Hinge/td-p/5595959
Relevancy 33.54%

Bought my expensive laptop in 2014 and just over a year the left hinge started breaking. Its a sparingly used laptop and now seems to pull away at the bottom panel if I try to open or close the display . The left hinge is prying the bottom panel.I am worried the laptop will break if I try using it anymore. Never been dropped and was taken good care of.Did not expect HP to give way so easily when other laptops much cheaper dont have this basic hinge issue. At this point I am terribly disappointed with HP but need to get it fixed. Please help.

A:Broken left Hinge on HP Envy 15t Quad

@bc422

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-left-Hinge-on-HP-Envy-15t-Quad/td-p/5574234
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I just received my i7 model of the HP Spectre X360 today and after a short period of use on the computer the upper left corner of the body of the computer becomes very hot, so much that resting it on part of my body becomes unbearable. I had read up on the notebook before buying it and the only mention of any issue of this sort was in a pros/cons list in one review that merely stated that "the bottom runs warm." Thus I was not expecting this level of heat while using the laptop rather casually, as the most intensive thing I was doing was streaming videos. Is this normal for what I am doing on this laptop? It's not the worst problem but it is definitely worrisome as I am planning on using this laptop for the next four years or so. Thank you all in advance!

A:Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @yiajiipamu ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,George

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5098806
Relevancy 64.5%

I purchased the HP Spectre X convertible notebook in January of this year and after the experience I have had I doubt I will ever purchase a HP notebook again I have been having overheating issues with temperatures reaching terrible overheating servi... HP customer x360 and Spectre HP - as high as degrees Farenheit around degrees Celsius nbsp HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi... I have contacted HP support several times and their standard procedure has been to update the BIOS and tinker with the notebook settings via remote access and to remind me to have the laptop on a flat service such as a table so the fan is not obstructed nbsp As this has invariably failed to fix the problem I have been directed on TWO occasions to take my notebook to a HP repair centre On the first occasion they replaced the fan and returned it to me with the statement verified working On the second occasion they replaced the motherboard and the heatsinks they indicated there was a verified failure in both instances and again returned the notebook to me last week with the statement that they had verified the notebook was now working without issues nbsp Unfortunately but to be honest not unexpectedly I still have an overheating notebook after several BIOS updates several replacements of hardware components and months into my warranty The time and expense involved in spending hours on the phone with HP support and taking the notebook to the repair centre has been ridiculous I clearly have a defective computer but HP will no doubt again keep me on the phone with their offshore call centre for hours whilst they update the BIOS and I expect I will have to visit the repair centre for a third time with no resolution i have asked for a replacement and HP simply said No we cannot do that Well what if the notebook clearlly is defective which surely must be the case if after so many software updates and two sets of hardware component replacements it is still overheating to such a degree nbsp I am extremely frustrated with HP and I'm hoping someone from HP or another user on this forum may be able to provide me with suggested next steps Otherwise I am afraid I will be left with a very expensive piece of junk

A:HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi...

Hey @julescheng, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. Please take a moment to read HP's Privacy Policy at http//www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html .Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-overheating-and-terrible-HP-customer-service/td-p/5587286
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello Just bought an HP Specture x360.  Camera keeps disconnecting.  I uninstalled hoping it would recognize unknown device and reinstall.  No luck.  Now I cannot find the right driver on the HP site. There must be a bug, but right now need my camera working for my business. Any ideas? Thanks.  They camera type is listed as HP TrueVision full HD camera as far as I can tell L

A:HP specture x360 camera -- not working; cannot find driver

Hi @Perich1?, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I understand that your webcam would arbitrarily disconnect.  To try and overcome this, you have uninstalled the webcam but are not unable to find a driver now. First, if you restart your notebook, Windows will look for a driver.  You can also run the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring drivers? Have you done all your Windows updates?  I would be glad to look for drivers for you, but need the precise model. Hereis a link to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) that may help in the meantime. Hope to hear from you soon.  To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-specture-x360-camera-not-working-cannot-find-driver/td-p/5593902
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the i5 version, and I experience the same heat issues as you guys described. Also, the area right above the F1-F5 keys gets really really hot after running anything even mildly graphics intense. Even simple 2d flash games will cause the fan to throttle up and that area will become extremely hot. It has been like this since the beginning. Other than the heat issue, I honestly have no qualms with this ultrabook.

A:Re: Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @odontomon, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre X360 Notebook and issues with overheating and possible fan issues. Here is a link on what could cause overheating and how to reducing heat inside the Notebook. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the fans default settings. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Re-Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5116759
Relevancy 33.54%

My in box deletes messages before I can read or save them.

A:HP ENVY x360 M6

Hi @threadfin410?, What email are you using (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo...)? And are you accessing it in an Internet browser? Do you access the same email account on any other devices? When the messages are deleted, can you still find them in your Deleted/Trash folder? Any additional info would be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-x360-M6/td-p/5586639
Relevancy 32.25%

My question is X2 HP file Sprout compatibilty Camera... RealSense Spectre with in the Subject block nbsp HP just announced a new laptop the Spectre X nbsp that's sort of a Microsoft Surface Pro competitor nbsp Something that caught my eye about the Spectre X is that it has an Intel RealSense d camera the camera being mounted on the rear of the screen Sprout file compatibilty with HP Spectre X2 RealSense Camera... looking away from the operator nbsp The laptop also has the usual front and back cameras nbsp I was mystified about why someone would put the d camera on the rear since the d applications you hear about are face recognition Windows hello gesture recognition etc nbsp There is no HP documentation on the Spectre X yet so there was no help there nbsp nbsp I did a quick investigation and discovered that Intel has two d cameras the F and the R for front and rear applications nbsp The two cameras use rather different techniques for gathering depth information nbsp F is what we have on the Sprout designed for close work nbsp The R is on the Spectre I believe and its designed for distance work nbsp nbsp My question best answered by HP or Intel at this point is whether the Spectre saves data in a file format that would be compatible with the file format of the Sprout nbsp In other words could we blend d images from both computers into one image nbsp That could be useful nbsp nbsp By the way someone has already anticipated our question about using the Sprectre camera for Windows hello nbsp You could turn the laptop around for login nbsp The answer to the question asked on an Intel forum was not now and maybe never nbsp The R is designed for fairly far distances so it probably wouldn't do close up face recognition nbsp Just think if you had a Spectre and a Sprout you would have two d cameras that don't work with hello nbsp Just a thought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Sprout-file-compatibilty-with-HP-Spectre-X2-RealSense-Camera/td-p/5297251
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,Since some weeks I have a problem with my w550s.I have a secondary screen connected to the HDMI of the docking station.Since 3-4 weeks, the secondary screen is not detected when the notebook is awaken from standby.I have to go in the Intel graphics control panel and choose extended to activate the screen.I try to re-install the lenovo graphics drivers but withour succces.Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem ?ThanksStephane 

A:W550s loose secondary screen after wakeup from sta...

Still same problem.I have to change manually choose output to extenal display in the graphic properties to get the extenal monitor back.Cmon Lenovo, find a solution pleaseThxStephane 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W550s-loose-secondary-screen-after-wakeup-from-standby/td-p/2251742
Relevancy 33.11%

My first experience with Lenovo is very bad.
After 1 year, my Thinkpad S540 seems to have hinge problems. I have 3 years warranty.
I contacted italian support and they said it is not a defect recognized on this model.
So I said: If lenovo builds only one notebook with a defect, this is not taken into consideration? Warran I think it's really disrespectful to their customers.
My company is a retailer of computer services and I think that we will not more offer Lenovo to our customer.

3/9/15 EDIT: Added S440 posts to the discussion. Amy_Lenovo

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:S440 and S540 Hinge Mount Failures - Not in warran...

To give a quick summary, I'm from the UK, I've only had my laptop since March this year, and part of my S440's touch screen snapped as I opened the laptop one day. To me, this is definitely a manufacturing problem, and should be covered under warranty. Its been numerous hours on the phone to lenovo support, who are still refusing to fix the laptop, and even had me buy an extended warranty for 116 (telling me if I did then they would be able to fix the laptop). The fact that lenovo support are only open from 9am till 5pm monday to friday doesn't help at all (I work during those times). I have had to make up extra hours at the end of my working day because of hours wasted on the phone to lenovo support, and I can't afford to keep doing that. Attached is a picture of the laptop just after it happened. I will update this later with a more up to date picture, as the issue is getting progressively worse every time I open the laptop.  I have added an account of what has happened with lenovo below. Mon 7th July:Phoned tech supportThey told me physical damage isn't covered under warranty (which raises the question - what is?)They told me to phone sales (02030140095), and buy product protectionPhoned salesThey took me through ordering online: an extended warranty for 116Tue 8th July:Registered extended warrantyPhoned tech support againThey told me that sales had sold me the wrong product, I should have been sold protection insurancePhoned sales againTold me they can't deal with this personally, but would get someone else to phone back about it later in the dayI didn't get a phone callWed 9th July:Complained publicly on TwitterComplaint on Twitter acknowledged at 11:48 via email - said someone would phone me about the issue in the next 24-48hrsThu 10th July:No contactFriday 11th July:No contact (it has now been over 48 hours)Saturday 12th July:no contactSunday 13th July:no contactMonday 14th July:no contactTuesday 15th July:Contacted Lenovo on twitter again to ask why I hadn't had any contact.Lenovo tell me they tried to phone but got no answer.I have no missed calls, and haven't been anywhere I wouldn't get signal.Double checked the phone number I had given Lenovo; it is correct.Lenovo phoned at 17:30, said they had decided to fix the laptop under warranty, and asked me to send proof of purchase quoting the reference number they gave me.Email sent containing invoice for the laptop.Wednesday 16th July:IBM reply: you need to send proof of purchase of the warranty too.Email sent containing invoice for the warranty extentionThursday 17th July:Reply from IBM - This device doesn't have protection insurance.I replied explaining the whole situation (again), and have not heard back since. I now have a useless 116 warranty on a broken laptop, and a refusal from Lenovo about fixing it. I have no idea what my options are now - do I contact an ombudsman? A lawyer?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/S440-and-S540-Hinge-Mount-Failures-Not-in-warranty-after-1-year/td-p/2015855
Relevancy 71.81%

I've had a T430s fpr about 9 months and the lid hinge became a bit loose some months after I bought it. When the lid is open it moves slightly back and forth freely. Is this a common problem? Is there an easy way to fix it without sending it for repair and waiting ages to get it back?

A:T430s loose hinge

Hi Ebologna,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I?m sorry to hear that you are facing issues with hinges of your Lenovo ThinkPad T430s.

Refer the hardware maintenance manual to see how the hinges has to be reseated/replaced.

If there is no user induced physical damage, the warranty will cover the issue.
I would recommend you to contact our technical support for assistance.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I?m sure they will be a great help.

Best Regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T430s-loose-hinge/td-p/1339939
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi everybody,                         I know in hardware maintenance, It mention M2.5XL6 for Hinge screw. We got some new Chromebook and using as parts. On those new Chromebook we got Orange coated Hinge Screw and I upload image and circle it. Can anybody provide me size and FRU number? Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/x131e-hinge-new-screws/td-p/2247028
Relevancy 33.97%

I got the Lenovo U430 Touch in late August and have noticed that the screen hinge wasn't very sturdy but it was still working fine. But today the hinge is broken and I can't close the screen properly without adjusting it. I didn't drop it or damage it and I looked it up and saw that other people were having similar issues and saying it was a production failure. Is there anyway I can get a replacement or do I have to send it in for repairs? I'm in college and I'll be needing it for a couple more weeks so I can't send it in for repairs yet. And is the $99 fee not covered by the warranty? I called Lenovo support and they said they can't look at my laptop until I pay the fee. I feel like the quality of Lenovo has declined recently. Any help would be appreciated.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:U430 Touch Screen Hinge

I'm in the same situation as you.  I bought a U430 Touch in August and today the hinge on the left side broke when I closed it.  It's absurd that a hinge would break under normal use and not be covered by the warranty.  As far as I can tell I am going to have to send it in, although Best Buy (where I bought it) was more helpful than Lenovo.  I think Best Buy will pay the shipping and the $99 fee for me.  Since I need the computer for work I am going to wait to send it in.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/U430-Touch-Screen-Hinge/td-p/1809492
Relevancy 34.4%

Same problem here... any solutions?   What about gluing it? 

EDIT: Moved post up to use for escalation - Amy_Lenovo

Lenovo is investigating reports of U310 Touch devices experiencing hardware issues with hinges and the screen becoming separated from the lid or bezel.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Re: U310 Touch Hinge

I purchased a Lenovo U310 Touch last May and it has been working wonderfully until recently.  I've noticed in the last few weeks that every time I open or close the lid, the hinge makes a loud cracking noise and pops off at the ends. I can press the hinge cover back into place, but it just continues to pop off every time I open/close it. I contacted Lenovo Support about the issue, and even though my machine is still under warranty, they will not fix it without charging me because they have no proof I didn't break it myself (which I find absolutely ridiculous; I haven't dropped or damaged it in any way, and if you look at the computer you can clearly see it is otherwise in perfect condition.)That being said, has anyone else experienced this problem with the U310? Does anyone have any suggestions to fix it? I am concerned that it will just get worse and eventually affect my display.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Re-U310-Touch-Hinge/td-p/1333967
Relevancy 33.97%

I know that many people are having problems with broken hinges. My laptop is out of warranty and it seems I can't even talk with support unless I purchase premium support or it's just not apparent to me on how to speak with someone without premium. Anyway, through looking through this forum and online, it doesn't seem like support is a nightmare and I've heard of nightmare stories in which support has had laptops for extensive periods of time. My questions is, has anyone had their laptop hinge fixed/replaced succesfully by Lenovo? Just seems to me that going through tech support is not a really good option, especially if that support has to be paid for with no reasonably godd outcome. Thanks to nayone at all who replies.

A:IdeaPad U530 Broken hinge

Hi Dshively , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

I would have to leave to others about repairs but as I have gathered reports about after-repair calls , depot repair team are doing good.

Regarding the issue that you currently have , I would still suggest you calling the technical support team specially if there was no accidents or mishandling on users end. They would be able to provide you options. 

When did the warranty expired ? You may also check here or if you still have the receipt .

Tech Support is available 24/7 , do give them a try to help you. 
English  1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686 Schedule a Callback for faster support 

Update us how things go. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/IdeaPad-U530-Broken-hinge/td-p/3293689
Relevancy 33.54%

I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 at BestBuy in Sunnyvale CA, USA about a year ago.  The right side hinge broke about 2 months ago. I see this as a common problem in these forums. WHen I call Lenovo support they are not able to help & claim that hinge is out of stock & they are no longer repairing these. I need a solution. I feel cheated ; I spent $1000 on a laptop & I cant use it ot get it repaired now.  Sunder

A:Lenovo u530 right side hinge broken

If the touchscreen isn't broken and it's only the plastic attached to the hinge you can carefully drill through the top cover and put a thin bolt or screw.

The plastic didn't fit back on so I trimmed it.  It'll void the warranty, but what good is a warranty if no one will honor it?

Link to picture/image

Link to picture/image

Mod comment: Over sized pictures converted to links. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-u530-right-side-hinge-broken/td-p/2147616
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi and U410 expla... broken on request Hinge U430T. an I I'm writting to Lenovo witht the last drop of patience I have left in me after trying to figure out a way to get in touch with support this callback thing does not work my friends I suggest contract a company to perform a deep Service Design do over in all your sites and methods That being said I have Lenovo laptops that have become very thin and very expensive bricks for me now - nbsp I got a U a while back and right after the warranty year expired the hinge broke making it unusable Support told me I pretty much had to suck it up allthough I have seen an excesive amount of your customers complaining about the same problem I'd think that it is a design issue and LENOVO should have made a recall nbsp Hinge broken on U410 and U430T. I request an expla... for all of them nbsp - I decided I'd move on and bought a U Touch I first verified that the hinge system was not the same as the other for obvious reasons then proceed to buy Today month after warranty expired the hinge of this new laptop decided to copy cat the other model Yes a second laptop same brand decided that it would become usless right after warranty expiration once again nbsp As usual support is impossible to contact and honestly at this point I am doing trying to contact you I expect LENOVO to contact me ASAP to start by giving me a good explanation on why the two latptops I bought for hundreds of dollars are now less than a construction brick and continue to give me a solution to this situation I've been put on for the second time I will not conform with a Send us your laptop to China and we'll let you know what happends in months I need the laptop to work nbsp Fool me once shame on you I will not be ashamed again Thanks for reading nbsp Alejandro Castells nbsp PS You have all of my contact information in my Lenovo account nbsp nbsp

A:Hinge broken on U410 and U430T. I request an expla...

Hello Alejandro, welcome to the communities,

very sorry to have to read about your experiences so far.  As we unfortunately don't have access to view your personal data in your Lenovo account I'd like to suggest that you please send my colleague Miguel_Lenovo the following information by private message; he's our Spanish community administrator and will hopefully be in a position to assist you.

Full Name;Telephone No.;email address;System Type;System s/n;
Date of purchase;Case Numbers;

Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Hinge-broken-on-U410-and-U430T-I-request-an-explanation/td-p/3288064
Relevancy 33.54%

Bought the S410p Touch mid 2014, and the left hinge of the notebook broke off late 2015. Prior to the hinge bending and coming off, cracking sounds were often heard when I open/close the notebook. It even caused a visible crack behind the screen and I have honestly never dropped or damaged the laptop. The touch screen is currently not working and I'm pretty sure its due to the crack that affected the screen. Frustrated, I went to the nearest Lenovo Technical Support to try to get this fixed under warranty but they insisted it was physical damage and did not approve my laptop under the warranty conditions.  Extremely frustrated and disappointed. Anyone else having this issue with their S410p Touch Ideapad?

A:S410p Touch Ideapad Hinge broken

Did you have any luck with this issue?  I had the same issue with my U530.  The hinge kept getting harder and harder to open and evenually, the top of the laptop just broke off.  It was out of warranty by 2 months when it happened so I didn't do anything about it until I saw several other people who had similar issues.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S410p-Touch-Ideapad-Hinge-broken/td-p/2243483
Relevancy 33.54%

I purchased a Lenovo Y - from Best Buy days ago as my husband's primary computer for work which he does from home nbsp It does customer only Y50-70 - - hinge... review Touch broken not travel with him just sits in the same place in our home i e no physical damage on our part from careless use nbsp A couple of days ago the hinges made a creaking noise when my husband opened it nbsp The next Y50-70 Touch only - customer review - broken hinge... time he opened it the plastic piece that covers the hinge popped off nbsp Then we could see that Y50-70 Touch only - customer review - broken hinge... the left hinge was frozen and not opening or closing at all however it had also pulled away from the screen and top cover and the screen was beginning to separate from the cover Thinking we had purchased a decent model we took it back to Best Buy but they said Lenovo tied their hands in being able process any kind of return nbsp I called Lenovo Customer Service who said they couldn't authorize a return and Technical Support who also said they would not authorize a return nbsp The Best Buy manager offered to call Lenovo Customer Service and did so while I waited in their store nbsp An hour later and multiple transfers between departments Tech Services said only Post-Sales could help us and they weren't open until Monday today nbsp So today I called Post-Sales and was immediately told that only Tech Services could help nbsp Finally someone in Tech Services said they could have us send in the laptop for diagnosis but it was cosmetic so we would be charged a couple hundred dollars for the repair nbsp Honestly the computer is coming apart from the inside and we didn't do anything but set it on a table and have one person using it in our home nbsp I finally got a hold of a specialist that said we could send in pictures and they might be able to come up with a different option for us nbsp nbsp In the meantime beware of the Lenovo Y - if you want to avoid this nightmare nbsp EDIT Changed subject line to improve searchability Amy Lenovo Solved Go to Solution

A:Y50-70 Touch only - customer review - broken hinge...

I recently got a Y50 Touch PC. It worked well, no problems. I handled it well too. Now, there is a problem with the hinge. The 2 hinges attach the base of the laptop to the monitor (metal chassis, not the screen) with glue. Now the left hinge got detached as the glue was not able to hold it. Now the screen flexes when I close or open it. I was very disappointed to find something attached with glue on an otherwise good quality product. I could not find any place to report this to lenovo, so i posted this here. Any guide will be appreciated. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Touch-only-customer-review-broken-hinge-problem-buyer/td-p/1825179
Relevancy 37.84%

I have had my c55 since the beginning of December (2015) and am very happy. One problem I do have though is that anything plugged into the left hand socket seems quite loose. I do quite a bit of video work and can have upto four flash drives plugged in at one time. I have to use the left socket as I have very limited space. On occasion the laptop has refused to recognise one or more flash drives and my track ball (easier to use than the touch pad). If I then switch off for half an hour or so, things seem to work again. Is it my fault or is it the socket?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90725-Satellite-C55-loose-USB-socket
Relevancy 33.11%

I need help - require replacement hinge for Satellite M840-A758

A:Require replacement hinge for Satellite M840-A758

Do you need such compatible parts?
You can order it from local Toshiba service partner.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71736-Require-replacement-hinge-for-Satellite-M840-A758
Relevancy 37.41%

I am the IT Manager for a number of primary schools inthe UK The schools have purchased a large number of loose R50-B-12P Pro Screws from or missing Satellite Toshiba Satellite Pro R -B- P Laptops over the last months from various suppliers It has been brought to my attention that a large number of laptops are missing screwsfrom the bottom of the case As there are so many missing and loose I thoughthat one of the children may be doing it I have however started to Screws missing or loose from Satellite Pro R50-B-12P see thesame thing happening at other schools with both student and teacher s laptops I estimate that we have over laptops and all have at least one screwmissing most have a lot more I have started to see laptops with over screwsmissing and the case starting to come apart As I am seeing so many this canonly be due to a manufacturing issue Is it possible we can be supplied with alarge number screws so the missing ones can be replaced Regards JohnD

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91004-Screws-missing-or-loose-from-Satellite-Pro-R50-B-12P
Relevancy 33.11%

Does anyone know the part number for a set of hinge/display supports for the T110-121?

Mine broke last week and I can't seem to source a replacement or suitable alternative.
Thanks in advance.

A:Satellite T110-121 - broken hinge/support bracket

Huh... it is not easy to get such information but, in my opinion, you don't need it. all Satellite T110 have the same hinges and there is no difference.
Different can be only mainboard and some other hardware components like HDD, Ram WLAN card and so on.

Basic stuff like hinges is the same. I don't know where do you live but try to use Google for your country and check if you can find ?Hinge Bracket Set or Laptop Hinges for Toshiba Satellite T110?.

Check also eBay for your country.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77566-Satellite-T110-121-broken-hinge-support-bracket
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

Have anyone experienced problems with Satalite U840W broken hinges.

My hinge broke 2 weeks before the laptop was 6 months.

Toshibe service do not want to change it under warranty, even laptop have not been dropped or in our means mis treated - only normal open/close. Laptop stands more or less spotless.

I can see in several forums that there have been earlier problems with Satelite hinges, but can not find information on U840W.

Thans for any support.

Gert

A:Broken Hinge on my Satellite U840W

>I can see in several forums that there have been earlier problems with Satelite hinges, but can not find information on U840W.
From time to time someone reports about such issues but on this forum I think you are the first one who has this problem with Satellite U840W. To be honest I don't know what to say about that.
I understand you but service must also follow the rules defined by notebook manufacturer. If there is no some general problem with hinges on certain notebook model I can imagine they are sceptic about that and don't want to repair t as warranty case.

The whole thing is a bit complicated now. Have you asked how much you must pay for repair?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?75662-Broken-Hinge-on-my-Satellite-U840W
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me, how do I take my Equium laptop to bits?
The power attachment located on the side is an absolute git to plug in to, Thiss is because the connector inside the laptop has come loose and moves about. There must be a way.

Any info would be great

A:Power connector has come loose on my Equium L300-146

Do you want to repair it alone?
I mean to do this the whole notebook must be disassembled and if you don?t have experience with this it can be pretty complicated.
As you probably know it should be done by authorized personal only.

Which model do you have exactly?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?70402-Power-connector-has-come-loose-on-my-Equium-L300-146
Relevancy 33.97%

I need to replace a broken hinge on the above laptop.
Does anyone here know where I can get one?

I have tried searching google etc but no one seem to have them in stock . Any help would be welcomed.

A:Hinge replacement on Satelite Pro 4600

Hello

In my opinion it will be problematic to find original parts for this old notebook model.
Check eBay. From time to time you can find parts or cheap defective notebooks.

eBay is very good source for replacement parts, especially for old notebook models.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?43039-Hinge-replacement-on-Satelite-Pro-4600
Relevancy 33.11%

Very disappointed with the response from Toshiba over an issue we are having with the Z Series laptops Let me explain - I am responsible for the laptops at a Z830 Hinge & Z930 Cover Portege Issue large college Portege Z830 & Z930 Hinge Cover Issue in the south of Portege Z830 & Z930 Hinge Cover Issue the UK We have round Series laptops and on a large number of them the screws which hold he hinge Portege Z830 & Z930 Hinge Cover Issue covers in place have come out and become lost in many cases the hinge covers have come off and been lost as well The first thing that crossed out minds was 'interference' by students but as no other screws were found to be lose the only conclusion we can come to is that that there is a design fault and these hinge cover screws have worked lose over time and fallen out I am currently working through all our Z Series laptops and I am finding more and more lose or missing screws and additional missing hinge covers We have bought this to the attention of Toshiba but they will not accept there is an issue - but haven't yet provided a reason why this should be happening in such numbers As can be imagined we are not best pleased with their response and would like to hear from anyone who has had the same issue At over GBP to fix each pair of hinges you can imagine how quickly the costs are rising

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88554-Portege-Z830-amp-Z930-Hinge-Cover-Issue
Relevancy 33.54%

Having recently bought pretty much the most expensive XPS 13 you can buy I was pretty disappointed when I dropped in on the carpet (gently) and the hinge broke - stuff happens. It's my primary computer so I just want to get it fixed as quick as possible - money is not really an issue.
After paying $300 for the repair I now find out, after over a week, that it's going to take ANOTHER 7 - 14 working days to fix it.
That's totally unacceptable for me and, despite being a loyal DELL business customer for over 15 years that's the last one I will buy. How DELL think that  3 - 4 week turnaround on a PAID repair for a computer under warranty is acceptable I don't know. 

A:New DELL XPS 13 Don't Buy - broken hinge - warning about repair

Hi,
I can understand your frustration and we regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please private message us the system service tag and your email address so that I can check and assist you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682849
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,I have an acer aspire v5 touch screen laptop.The other day the hinge became loose on the laptop causing the top panel of the bottom half of my laptop to pop off and crack the touch screen all the way across the screen. So now I can't use the touch screen and the touchpad also won't work so I have to use a mouse. I was wondering if there have been any other known problems with the hinges on acers? 

A:acer aspire v5 hinge/cracked touchscreen

I am not aware of any specific issues with hinges on the V5 series. My recommendation is to contact Acer technical support in your region, to inquire what service options are available for your system.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-v5-hinge-cracked-touchscreen/td-p/298602/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello My laptop doesnt seem to be charging at all even when it is plugged in. The message that I have looked in the power icon says "Plugged in, not charging". I need help to solve this. I bought the laptop in the webstore of HP 8 months ago, so the laptop still have warranty.. By the way, the Product Number is M1W93UA#ABA. Thanks in advance,Alonso.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-x360-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5597227
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello, I am having an issue with my HP Envy m6 n101dx.  A while ago, I noticed that there were missing screws on the top right and left corners of the bottom of the laptop. they are the ones directly above the fan slots and its counterpart on the right.  I was unsure if this was a manufacturing error or this was just simply a design. However, the top left corner of my laptop, right where the left hinge is has begun popping up as if this corner was loose.  It seems that other people have had issues with their hinges breaking, still i am unsure if this issue is due to the missing screws.  I would like to know if there was a manufacturing error and there should be screws in those slots or if im just having the same broken hinge issues as i see many others have.  

A:HP envy m6 broken hinge and missing screws

@Chrisk1315?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-envy-m6-broken-hinge-and-missing-screws/td-p/5246721
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all, Just want to check if there is a loose part inside my thinkpad.  Shaking it produces a sound which seems like a loose part near the dock. Does anyone experience the same thing? Just wondering if it is a loose part or just a normal movable part inside t460s? Thank you very much.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-Loose-part/td-p/3313869
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All,I just came across this topic.My HP Envy M6, purchased in November 2014, also has a broken hinge (left one).It has broken in normal use a couple of months after my warranty expired. I was quoted roughly $250 for the repair which seems to be too high.Also I read it as a design issue with most of the HP Envy customers reporting the same.  I am not sure as to how should this be fixed.Can HP please take notice of this and help me at a very minimum cost or no cost at all (since this seems like a design issue and too many customers reported the same issue). Thanks in advance.  

A:HP Envy M6 Broken hinge

@YashrajSuryava

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-M6-Broken-hinge/td-p/5570092