Windows Support Forum

Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

Q: Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

Hello, I'm at a loss and afraid I've lost all my files. Every time I restarted my computer I kept getting the Windows Boot Manager error message: Status: 0xc000000f Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. However, after googling and trying numerous methods to repair this, I now keep getting prompted with the Windows Recovery Manager. I assumed that choosing the default factory restore option would prompt me with a back up option, but it didn't and proceeded to reformat. I quickly shut my computer down. I don't know what to do next because now all I get is the Windows Recovery Manager option. Any help would be much appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Boot Manager Error / Windows Recovery Manager Issue

If this string of events actually did start to reformat the drive, it might still be recoverable. I would boot the computer to an independent OS IE: Linux Live on a CD or DVD and then look at the drive. Then use that to copy your data to another drive. Once the data is saved, then do whatever you want with this corrupted drive. Do not try to continue with any other operations until the data is saved elsewhere.Since this PC came with Vista, once the data is saved, you could try the HP REcovery Manager to restore the original OS. Or just start over this a new install of windows 7

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Boot-Manager-Error-Windows-Recovery-Manager-Issue/td-p/5603963
Relevancy 101.91%

Ok so things have gone to pot and I don t know where the fault lies between a damned virus and my own mistakes in trying to fix the 7 Boot Media Solved: failed Windows Toshiba Windows A505 Recovery and Manager laptop I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S serial number Y Q with Windows Gb HDD at rpm and Gb RAM I think that s all correct Solved: Windows 7 Toshiba A505 Windows Boot Manager and Recovery Media failed Anyway long story short I got a b tch of a virus which apparantly was doing all sorts of nasty things to the explorer exe file in particular So I backed up all my important stuff files Uni work writings music and photos etc onto an external hard-drive and went about restoring the laptop to out-of-box factory settings by making the Windows Recovery Media Discs But when I try to use the discs I get told after about minutes The Toshiba Recovery Wizard quot Can t read from the source file or disk PREINST SW quot with options to Try Again The same thing happens or Skip Same message again or Cancel in which case I m back where I started After the Recovery Wizard failed I chose the option to erase the hard-drive it then appeared that when I turn on the laptop as normal I was told lt Error gt F -F - and the Recovery Media Disks still refuse to work Now if I turn on the laptop as normal a message t elling me to insert the installation disc choose language and click quot repair your computer quot So I put in the recovery disc and get the same message Toshiba can t help as my A is an American model in Britain and out of warranty anyway Europe Toshiba HQ don t supply the recovery media for the A and the American based Toshiba aren t allowed to send the Recovery Media to Europe so apparantly I get no help from them And Microsoft can t help me because my laptop was purchased with everything pre-installed so the codes associated with my Windows and Office are comletely irrelevent I have been told that I need to purchase a compeltely new hard-drive and purchase Windows brand new to get my laptop back up and running Purchasing a new OS isn t too much of an issue because I can just get XP for a tenner validate it with Microsoft and then get a student upgrade onto W -Ult for So in total I m fine with that But do I need a new hard-drive too Or can I rescue everything I already had nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 Toshiba A505 Windows Boot Manager and Recovery Media failed

Wow! 180 views and so much assistance. Thank you, all.

Sorry, not meaning to sound sarcastic, I just expected a bit of help; even if it was to tell me I had been idiotic screwed it up myself and may as well throw the laptop away!

Regardless, I am only replying today to say that I believe the problem has resolved itself. I was able to use an image of Windows XP to place drivers and an OS on the hard drive. From there I was able to use the Recovery Discs afforementioned, which have now worked and I have Win7 back up and running. It wasn't as simple as I just made it sound because I don't really understand how I have fixed it, but fixed it I have.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-toshiba-a505-windows-boot-manager-and-recovery-media-failed.1041945/
Relevancy 100.19%

I am stuck! My boot manager is missing, My ISO file for the operating system is on my computer that crashed! So I have no Recovery Image, ect... It attempts Automatic Repairs and the it goes to the advanced start up options. I do not know what to do? I have tried the command prompt and failed.

A:Windows 8.1 Missing Boot Manager. Recovery turned off,

You can download the iso using the link in my sig below'..

you can also try running this command from the advanced options command prompt

C:\Windows\System32\bcdboot C:\Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60511-windows-8-1-missing-boot-manager-recovery-turned-off.html
Relevancy 99.33%

When I turn on my PC it opens Windows Boot Manager and gives me options Previous version of Windows Windows It also has a 'Tools' option with 'Windows Memory Diagnostic' though running this tool does not help If I select option one I get an error message regarding quot computer disk hardware configuration problem quot and am told Windows 7 Boot Manager issue Windows quot could not read from selected boot disk quot and the computer restarts Option loads Windows perfectly When I installed Windows I did so over the top of XP and accidentally had an external hard drive attached during installation which was formatted and installed with Windows I wonder if my PC is looking for this hard drive I want to make changes so that Windows Boot Manager does not load at all I Windows 7 Boot Manager issue am not interested in a dual-boot PC Windows is enough for me I also noticed that there is a file on my C drive called 'Windows old ' There are the usual 'Documents and Settings' and 'Program Files' folders located here none of Windows 7 Boot Manager issue which I am interested in keeping My questions are these Why does Windows Boot Manager open when I turn on the computer or restart How do I stop it doing this If I delete the folder quot Windows old quot will this cause me any problems Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 Boot Manager issue

I did this
"right click computer select properties

select advanced

under startup and recovery select settings

uncheck "time to display list of operating systems" or reduce the seconds to 0"

and this
"That's only hiding the problem. You need to remove the old dual boot OS entry using EasyBCD 2.0 "Edit Boot Menu" - highlight old OS, Delete, Save, Restart."

and problem is solved. Though there is an extra 10-15 second lag during start-up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/135392-windows-7-boot-manager-issue.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I made a recovery/repair DVD and booted up from it. It located my Windows OS on drive C:. Then it gave me a strange menu: Recovery disk Repair Windows Boot Manager Add startup option: Windows Recovery Environment (repaired) These were my only choices. I could not get to the Recovery Console or other menu without accepting the repair. Right now, nothing is broken. Windows boots normally every day. I am afraid if I let the new disk make a "repair," it may really give me a problem. What to do? Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit. I had not made a repair disk before because I had installed Acronis backup, which prevented it. It was only yesterday that I found the registry edits needed after uninstalling Acronis so that Windows Backup would run.

A:Recovery disk says Repair Windows Boot Manager but OS is booting fine

I wouldn't be afraid of running an offered Repair, and would probably after reboot go back to run a couple more Startup Repairs to see if it finds anything else. It isn't going to harm anything and may find more to correct as it already has.

You can also post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image which will tell us if it's correctly configured.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/328344-recovery-disk-says-repair-windows-boot-manager-but-os-booting-fine.html
Relevancy 97.18%

First - I'm no computer whiz which is why I am posting here - hoping you gurus can guide me through a fix via 'baby-steps ' Ok I put a new hard drive in a Dell Precision Workstation It apparently had some sort of Raid ADHD probably have those initials messed up but it kind of accidentally OS's 2 - issue Manager installed Boot Windows describes the way I'm feeling It has two hard drives The new hard drive is the OS Boot drive It was a tb drive so I thought I might experiment and partition it down into two smaller drives - thinking that the bootable portion might boot faster if the drive was smaller plus - thinking the other drive could act as an additional storage drive that Windows Boot Manager issue - accidentally installed 2 OS's wouldn't bog down the Boot Drive Partition Is that thinking flawed Anyway I tried putting XP back on and I kept getting this error saying that 'Cannot find a drive' something to that effect So I got into the Bios and changed the type of Raid to a different one and eventually it seemed that it might work XP installed but everything was jack-screwed in that the video drivers weren't there etc etc So I thought I'm going to stick in my Windows upgrade which I was saving for another computer and see if I can just boot off that disk wipe off the other OS and maybe the newer Windows would work Well it DID work Only problem is I discovered that now I get the Windows Boot Manager everytime I boot the computer and it wants me to decide between quot Windows or a Previous Installation quot I select 'Windows ' and it boots just fine but this doesn't seem right to me and I want to get rid of the Boot Manager and just have Windows boot up I dug around a bit and discovered I SOMEHOW slap to the forehead installed Windows XP onto the nd partitioned portion of my new drive I went to that drive letter and 'deleted' the 'windows' folder But I still get the Windows Boot Manager popping up upon startup Can you tell me in very detailed steps an ignorant person like me can understand how to get this fixed I also see in my Bios Settup 'BOOT SEQUENCE' that both my hard drives are listed under the CD Rom drive as 'Add-in Hard Drive' and then to the right of each of those it says Not present What does that mean The computer seems to boot and run fine but shouldn't the drives be listed by the Drive Manufacturer's name and capacity Thanks for your help

A:Windows Boot Manager issue - accidentally installed 2 OS's

Toddsta
You mentioned that you did a change for your bios. Did you restore those changes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/160892-windows-boot-manager-issue-accidentally-installed-2-oss.html
Relevancy 95.89%

I downloaded some updates offered by windows update last night The first time my computer was restarted i came to the windows error recovery and Error recovery screens manager boot screen and gave me the options of launching startup repair or start windows normally I chose to start it normally and it started up just fine But the next time it was restarted and came to the same screen i could start windows normally it Error recovery and boot manager screens kept bringing me back to that screen So i launched start up repair which brought me to windows boot manager screen that said to insert my windows installation disk restart my computer and then follow the directions n prompts and to chose repair to fix the error s I did that and then my computer restarted again Now it just goes back and forth between those two screens and wont let me get any further The st error report i got was file storport sys status xc The second was windows system boot winload exe status xc said it may have been corrupt b c the checksum didnt match the computed checksum I need my computer its got my lifes info on so if anyone could please help me i would appriciate it so much really

A:Error recovery and boot manager screens

I'm not sure if this'll work (but it won't hurt).
Start up Startup Repair again, and select "Command Prompt" in the Advanced options dialog.

Type "sfc.exe /scannow" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
See if it runs and let us know what it says.

If it doesn't fix the problem (you still can't boot into Windows), then try the System Restore option in Startup Repair and set it back to a date before this error started happening.

Let us know how it works out.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233734-error-recovery-boot-manager-screens.html
Relevancy 94.6%

When I turn my computer on I get Windows Boot Manager window pops out asking me which system to load. How do I get rid of it?

A:Windows Boot Manager Error

What do you want exactly to do???Describe your problem, do you have 2 systems, or you have one cracked?I recommend this programhttp://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Easy...load-45820.htmlThis program is boot manager and have everything about it...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352799/windows-boot-manager-error/
Relevancy 94.6%

im having this thread when i try to use system recovery options, some time back i had a virus but i get of it im not sure if the virus harm some system files my windows 7 boot normal.

A:Windows boot manager error

I gone a check it but the windows start normaly

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/369415-windows-boot-manager-error.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello guys i just need help right now I'm attempting to install windows prof to a Error Manager Windows Boot laptop but an error occurs that stops me from Windows Boot Manager Error proceeding here's the error message i'm currently receiving Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible - gt i'm now having a usb flash drive where i put my windows installer and make my usb flash drive installer as st boot device priority in BIOS Settings But when i reboot the laptop it wont proceed from BIOS screen until i press any key but the error message above still occurs i've also tried to long press F but still the error message above occurs all over again what should i do is there someone who can help me with this problem

A:Windows Boot Manager Error

How did you create the flash drive to install from? Sounds like it's not bootable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/296082-windows-boot-manager-error.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I have a new HP Mini - NRnetbook w o a CD-floppy drive It does have usb support A few weeks ago the computer started sending error error Windows Manager Boot messages about low disk space When I checked it there was over GB of space Automatically it started scanning computer for files that could be removed Thinking the computer s roxio back on track software knew what it was doing I accepted the deletion of files to create additional space to get rid of the nagging low disk space messages Yesterday when I booted the system Windows Boot Manager error it indicated I need Windows Boot Manager error to run roxio restore to a previous restore point which I did Now I have this error message Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system admin or computer manufacturer for assistance File Boot BCD Status xc Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data I did do a primary hard disk self test and memory test and they both passed without any errors I went to HP technical assistance but to no avail The tech indicated that I now have to purchase the restore disc from them and an optical drive just to do the repair on a brand new computer still under warranty Is there anything I can do to repair my system without losing all of my work I use this mini for work purposes only so all my files are on it Any help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-boot-manager-error.945151/
Relevancy 94.6%

I awoke to my son berating the laptop because it would not start It is a Toshiba A -S The error message is as follows Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might Windows Boot Manager Error Msg. be the cause To fix the problem Insert windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose you language settings and then select quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot I do NOT have this disc as this computer was given to my son after his grandmother passed It was given with the power cord and the computer only If you don't have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Windows system winload exe Status Windows Boot Manager Error Msg. Oxc f Info The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt Anyway I'm not the most computer literate and pressed the ESC and ENTER keys and the accompanying F and F options with no successful results I appreciate your time and any suggestions Snarkey

A:Windows Boot Manager Error Msg.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. You have a corrupt boot loader. Now easy way is to use a Vista DVD and boot from it and run startup repair(vista will often do this automatically for you). You don't have one I know (always insist on a copy of the OS even if they want more for it). Good thing is to do this ANY copy of Vista will work so see if you can borrow one. If not you can go here, this company has made the Vista repair utility available to download. Read all the instructions so you understand what to do.
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-boot-manager-error-msg-299668.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Help I'm getting this every time I boot up my computer It happened after I had my computer on quot sleep quot When I woke up and tried to open my laptop it shut off and showed me this Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc an restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do Windows Boot Error BCD 7 Manager not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance File Boot BCD Status xc Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data It simply takes me to the same screen when I hold quot F quot So I cannot get the quot Repair your computer quot Option I do not have the Windows 7 Boot Manager BCD Error windows installation disc Please try helping me Also all I can do is basically start up my computer and it takes me to that screen every time Thanks

A:Windows 7 Boot Manager BCD Error

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

Do a Startup Repair.
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273763-windows-7-boot-manager-bcd-error.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi all, I am new to this site, so I hope you will bear with me. I booted up my PC the other morning and got the error "windows failed to start" and some thing about a missing or corrupt system driver. I put in the OS disc to run a repair but keep getting as far as the same error...telling me to put in the disc and run a repair?
This will not get me to the repair options screen, just loads the files then repeats the same error...Please can anyone help...Thanks Pete

A:Windows 7 Boot manager error

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/222724-windows-7-boot-manager-error.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all I am almost too embarrassed to post this but now it has come to the point where I'd rather 0xc000000e Boot Manager error Windows be embarrassed than smash my laptop Windows Boot Manager error 0xc000000e on to my head repeatedly I changed laptops and ended up using a gb hdd I had been using as an external hdd as the primary and sole hdd in my old MSI GX What began as a simple process became an unending nightmare where it became literally impossible for me to install windows on it through usb boot drive The optical drive no longer works so the only option i have is USB I did manage to install Linux Mint on it through USB boot but utterly failed at a windows install At this point the laptop has win x installed by a repair shop and I wish to make a clean installation of win x but that is proving to be impossible No matter what source of iso I use or what tool I use I keep seeing this screen when I try to boot from USB I keep seeing this screen at boot whenever I boot from win bootable usb In this latest event I was using Digital river ISO and used both the official microsoft tool as well as unetbootin multiple times What could I be doing wrong

A:Windows Boot Manager error 0xc000000e

Win7 cannot be installed to a USB drive.

Borrow or buy a $5 USB flash stick, write the ISO to it using UltraISO Software To Create Bootable USB Flash Drive which always works when others don't.

Wipe the HD while in external caddy using Diskpart Clean Command.

Reinstall the HD internally, enter BIOS setup to set the HD to boot first.

Trigger USB stick to boot using one-time BIOS Boot Menu key given on first screen - it may be listed under HD's, removable or USB, expand listing if necessary. It might autostart for a wiped HD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/309871-windows-boot-manager-error-0xc000000e.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Ok here is the deal most of you have probably seen this before but i think whats happening to me is different I Factory reset my dads pc and as far as i know everything went correctly its a Acer Aspire my problem is when i start it it shows the acer logo and then goes straight to this Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix this problem Insert your error 0xc000000f Windows manager Boot Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next Windows Boot manager error 0xc000000f quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc Windows Boot manager error 0xc000000f contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info Windows failed to load because the NLS data is missing or corrupt now if i hit enter it takes me to choose an os to start OR use a tool now if i choose an os to start is just resets and takes me back to the quot windows failed to start quot screen and if i run the tool it does not find anything i used my pc to make a repair disc but when i put it into the other pc nothing happens and yes i changed the load order in Bios to do CD DVD first ive been trying to fix this for days and i need some help thanks

A:Windows Boot manager error 0xc000000f

Welcome to Sevenforums SOA!

If you created a Repair Disc exactly as stated in this article:
Create a Windows 7 System Repair Disc ? MAXIMUMpcguides ? Windows 7 tips, tricks, help, and how-to guides

Then you can try the same method but using a USB:
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/331731-windows-boot-manager-error-0xc000000f.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello, I've got a Windows 7 32x bit. When I load it up I get this error.

Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

I've done the repair disk method but it still won't navigate away from the Windows Boot Manager.
Can somebody help me please?

A:Windows Boot Manager, error 0xc000000f.

You'll need to correctly boot the disk: How to Boot A Computer from CD or DVD - YouTube

If you're not prompted to Press Any Key to boot Disk, you may need to make another disk from Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start which also includes everything that can be done to start Win7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314950-windows-boot-manager-error-0xc000000f.html
Relevancy 93.74%

error says
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1: Insert your installation disc and restart your computer
2: Choose your language settings and then click "Next"
3: Click "Repair Your Computer"

If you do not have this disc. contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assisstance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible ."

Please help me, I use this computer for games and school, and need it up and running asap. I have the recovery disc I made when I bought it, but my CD ROM is broke, and won't read anything. is there a way around this without using a CD???? could I use a Thumbdrive??? can't really afford a new computer, or CD drive. My laptop is a Gateway NV79u thank you for any help!

A:Windows 7 Boot Manager error 0xc000000f

Hi please try tapping F2 on booting and get to the bios screen once there look for the boot options screen or similar and set the cd\dvd drive as first boot device insert your disc and choose F10 to save and exit if you get a screen with y/n option choose y

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-boot-manager-error-0xc000000f-611240.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys, trying to install Win 7 Ultimate x64 on my roommates laptop. It was having severe issues booting into 7 already so I decided to just wipe it and re-install. I started with a DVD copy and upon boot he realized that his DVD drive was broke. FML. But we can boot from USB so I go buy a large flashdrive and DL a copy of W7 and make it boot-able. So I plug it in and when it starts to load windows files it makes it about 10% and stops.

Then throws an error 0xc00000e9

"An unexpected I/O error has occurred"

Now I know my USB is good, I just bought it. The DVD Drive is messed up but its not being used in any way. It's an older Sony vaio, Core 2 Duo, 2gb ram, the model is burnt off the bottom.

A:Windows Boot Manager error 0xc00000e9

Where did you get WIn7? How was it written to stick? How is it being activated?

Use the latest official installer ISO written to stick with Universal USB Installer with Win7 in dropdown menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/256267-windows-boot-manager-error-0xc00000e9.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Windows 7 Boot Manager error 0xc000000f
error says
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1: Insert your installation disc and restart your computer
2: Choose your language settings and then click "Next"
3: Click "Repair Your Computer"

If you do not have this disc. contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assisstance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible ."

Please help me, I use this lap top for work! And I need it to be okay ASAP, I do not have any installation disc or recovery disc.i can't even access the save mode, please help me and is it possible not to reformat the lap top? Because I have really important documents in it, can't lose it.. I really need help desperately.. I'm running a Lenovo g480.. Thank you on advance for your advice!

A:Windows 7 Boot Manager error 0xc000000f

Hello,

Can you boot into safe mode ? If you can, try system restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-boot-manager-error-0xc000000f-667210.html
Relevancy 93.74%

so I have seen other threads with Boot Manager Windows failed to start A recent hardware of software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation help Error please 0xc000000f Boot 7: Windows Manager disc and restart the computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance Status xc f Info The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible which is what the issue is but more I have the windows disk received it from HP even with the Windows 7: Boot Manager Error 0xc000000f please help cd and changed the Windows 7: Boot Manager Error 0xc000000f please help boot order I still cant get it to run I do sometime get the screen to run it but when I hit enter it goes back to the same screen as above I am not sure what else to do I did a scan on the the drive it came back on I am not even able to get to the System Recovery Options either nore was I able to burn my own cd need some help please

A:Windows 7: Boot Manager Error 0xc000000f please help

Work through the steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/364557-windows-7-boot-manager-error-0xc000000f-please-help.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have an HP G62-225DX notebook pc currently running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I turned it on today and received a boot manager error , Status : 0xc00000e9. There is nothing plugged into the computer or any new software added . In the process of trying to figure out what the problem could be I ran a hard drive test and it came back failed . I don't have the windows 7 disc for this laptop so I was hoping maybe there was a way to get it back up and running without it ?

A:Windows 7: Boot Manager Error 0xc00000e9

The boot hard drive has failed. We usually try to start a fresh Windows install If that fails, we remove the suspect hard drive and install a new drive. Later, you can install the suspect drive in an external USB hard drive enclosure and attach it to the laptops USB port to attempt to recover important files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-boot-manager-error-0xc00000e9.217515/
Relevancy 93.74%

I can't boot into Windows I don't want to have to restore the computer to factory settings and lose all my data This all started with Windows updates that failed to install I could not get into Safe Mode and tried several things as I mention below including using the software of Easy Recovery Essentials which made things worse I emailed NeoSmart twice and & Much Windows boot More! 0xC000000F error manager and have gotten no response Other than restoring the computer to factory default is there another option such as getting the Windows ISO and reinstalling Windows Here is what occurred in full detail I decided a few weeks ago to download multiple Windows updates Most of them were installed but to complete the installation for some of them Windows said it needed to be restarted Because I had multiple programs folders and files opened I chose not to restart my computer then I decided this past Saturday to finally restart my computer so that these updates can be applied I was closing open files folders and programs This was taking a long time because I had multiple things open and also because the computer was running sluggishly After having a majority of things closed I got impatient and decided to hold down the power button to shut off the computer I turned the computer back on and windows began to apply the updates prior to Windows boot manager and error 0xC000000F & Much More! fully booting up I'm referring to the blue screen that shows the percentage of an Windows boot manager and error 0xC000000F & Much More! update or updates being applied before one is taken to the desktop Windows then showed a message that it was unable to apply the updates and it began to uninstall remove the updates to be specific it said quot We couldn t complete the updates Undoing changes This was however Windows boot manager and error 0xC000000F & Much More! taking a while it seemed to be stuck and despite the message of not to turn off one's computer I decided to go ahead and shut off the computer by holding down the power button When I powered it up again Windows began trying to install the updates wasn't able to and began uninstalling the updates once more and it seemed to hung again So once again I turned off the computer and powered it back on At times I would get a message regarding winload efi file being missing or containing errors In addition to this I would be shown a blue screen with the message referring to error code xc a after windows would try to load after showing the screen with the Toshiba logo and the spinning dots at the bottom for a long time I tried various options from the Windows Recovery environment via a recovery disk I created when I first setup the computer and other times from the computer itself as both sources seem to provide the same set of options Automatic repair would fail and refreshing the PC was not possible because I would get the error message of quot The drive where Windows is installed is locked Unlock the drive and try again quot I tried system restore to a few days ago and after that didn't work to a few weeks ago Though the process would complete I still could not boot into windows I tried rebuilding bcd commands deleting the hiberfil sys file running chkdsk and so on basically just about everything here I have tried https www winhelp us repair-your-c windows- html I believe rebuilding the BCD is what got rid of the winload efi message Note that in advanced options I am not shown the option of Startup Settings which is why I couldn't get into Safe Mode I read somewhere that this option is not shown when using the Recovery Environment from a DVD or USB flash drive but it is also not shown when I am accessing the Recovery environment from the internal hard drive The only way I can access startup settings is when the computer fails to start several times and I am then presented with the Recovery screen that shows the xc error message where I can choose to either quot Press Enter to try again... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74837-windows-boot-manager-error-0xc000000f-much-more.html
Relevancy 93.31%

My daughter's laptop(acer aspire) has the above error message. we have no installation disc but do have the product key. I created an installation disc from my laptop but it have my product key. A tried to get it to use this cd as the install cd but it appears not to be working, What should I do?

A:windows 7 boot manager error 0xc000000e boot selection failed because

Just follow this tutorial. Make sure you first save the user data - e.g. with a live Linux CD. If you need help with that, post back.

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/350421-windows-7-boot-manager-error-0xc000000e-boot-selection-failed-because.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Please can someone help me with my problem My teenage girls have two laptops which have starting playing up They are both Hi-Grade M S-P made by Clevo Co in China running Vista Basic The st one works great with no problems The nd one changed her password and forgot it then got her quot Error Windows won't Vista load Boot - Manager know it all quot teenage boyfriend to quot try quot and fix it He tells me that he used a program to delete the user account password as he had done this before and it had worked after some discussion he tells me he used a program on Hirens Boot-disk which I haven t heard of myself he says he can t remember what it was called and his copy of it doesn t work any more which seems like an excuse to me however it didn t and now it doesn t start at all My daughter say that the disks Vista won't load - Windows Boot Manager Error that came with the laptops have been lost and that the data on the laptop have been backed up She then gave it to me with a demand of quot get it sorted please quot which considering Vista won't load - Windows Boot Manager Error that her boyfriend seems to have buggered it upcompletely seems about right for her I have recently lost my job and don t have the money to take it to a shop but I do have a fair bit of experience with PC s So as I have a PC which I can plug her hard disk into as a slave disk and seeing as I have a copy of Easeus Disk Copy I thought however wise it was that I could format the problem disk and then disk copy from the working laptop The disk copy process seemed to work fine I put the other disk back into the first laptop and it worked fine with no problems except needing to install some windows updates Then I installed the problem disk back into the nd laptop turned it on and got the following page appear Atthe top it says quot Windows Boot Manager quot then goes on to say the following Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be thecause To fix the problem Insert your installation disk Choose the language settings then click quot Next quot Click quot repair your computer quot If you do not have this disc contact your bla bla bla for assistanceFile windows system winload exeStatus xc eInfo The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt At the bottom of the page is quot Enter Continue quot of quot ESC exit quot As we don t have any disks for the laptops I m unsure what to do Please can someone help me fix it as my ex-wife has already told me that if I don t I will have to by a new one and that will mean two or the arguing will be awful and I could do without the stress plus I just don t have the money for it So if anyone knows how to fix it and could give me step by step instructions I would be very grateful indeed RegardsA very stressed out Dad

A:Vista won't load - Windows Boot Manager Error

After a couple more hours of reading, I came across an article that has solved my problem, It told me that Ineeded a recovery DVD to reinstall the winload.exe file. This is common from everywhere that i have read, what wasn't so common was where i could get my hands on a copy, now, tonight at 2am on a Saturday morning, until I read another article on a different website hidden away on the forth or fifth page. It told me to goto Systemdiscs where i could download an .iso of the recovery disc which was 120Mb in size. They also do recovery discs for Windows 7 & Vista both 32 and 64 bit. I downloaded the disc, burnt it using Active ISO Burner and put it in the drive.Mod Edit: Removed links posted, see my following post ~ Hamluis.I started the laptop, and it booted from the DVD, where it asked me to select my language settings and then took me to a menu.The first option on the menu asked if I wanted to fix start up problems, which naturally I did, so I clicked it.That was it, it did it's bit, then told me to restart the computer, and hey presto it started first time. I have now successfully restarted the laptop 8-10 times now and it restarts perfectly every time.So that's it, it cost $9.75 to download, and has saved me lots of ear ache from my girls (and the ex)I've used this site before, so I thought as I have found my own solution, I should share it with everyone else. The moral that I have learnt is to make sure I keep the discs that come with a new PC SAFE, and then no doubt I could have saved myself a lot of time.However in the end it was a good exercise, and I have expanded my knowledge at little bit further

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437961/vista-wont-load-windows-boot-manager-error/
Relevancy 92.88%

i cant boot into windows or ubuntu thanks to a bootloader crap

File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file

i cant even get into a startup disk same error F8 not work either this is killin me :|

Operating system : Windows 7 till yesterday dual boot with ubuntu (wubi)
Ram: 8gb
Processor I7 3.4ghz
Drive: 1tb hdd
Anger level : 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Computer Usable state: false

A:|Windows Boot Manager | error 0xc0000428 |>> HELP PLSE<<|

Hi,

Did you solve your problem?
Do you have a Windows 7 install disk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464870/windows-boot-manager-error-0xc0000428-help-plse/
Relevancy 92.88%

Well first of all I started up my PC and it immediately jumped into Startup Repair maybe cause I didn't shut it down properly It went through the repair and several times By then I knew something was wrong I checked the Diagnostics and see what Startup Repair had actually done It turns out it could not fix an error with the OS Loader It came up with two error code x and x I followed the following instructions bcdedit export C BCD Backup C cd Boot attrib bcd -s -h -r ren C Boot BCD BCD old bootrec RebuildBCD I also tried using FixMBR and FixBoot However none of these worked and my I tried booting 0xc0000428 Windows Code 7 Error Boot Manager up it came up with the same problem I went back into the Windows DVD and ran Startup Repair again It said it was completed successfully but it said also if it doesn't boot then there's something wrong Which leads to my new error screen that never goes away everytime I switch on the PC The error message is as follows A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged or that might be malicious software from an unknown source If you have a Windows installation disc Windows 7 Boot Manager Error Code 0xc0000428 insert the disc and restart your computer Click quot Repair You Computer quot and then choose a recovery tool Otherwise to start Windows so you can investigate further press the ENTER key to display the boot menu press F for Advanced Boot Options and select Last Known Good If you understand why the digital signature cannot be verified and want to start Windows without this file temporarily disable driver sginature enforcement File Windows System Winload exe Status xc Info Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file If I try and press ENTER it will take me to the boot menu and if I press ENTER to select an OS I only have one then it will jump back to the previous screen I have no idea how to fix this and it is very frustrating as all my important data and purchased software is on that PC

A:Windows 7 Boot Manager Error Code 0xc0000428

You may need to disinfect before it will repair.

Follow these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251467-windows-7-boot-manager-error-code-0xc0000428.html
Relevancy 92.88%

Hi all Just wanted to reinstall my Windows this morning due Manager - 0xc00000e9 error Boot Install Windows to the fact that my dvd writer did not read of write CDs After some research I learnt that a re-install will Windows Boot Manager Install error 0xc00000e9 - do the trick I made things worse how I don't know My system statrt up loads Windows Boot Manager Install error 0xc00000e9 - the windows files and then comes up with the Windows Boot Manager screen stating that it has problems communicating with a device connected to your computer Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred I have tried my SSD drives in Raid and also a single HDD with the same results My DVD writer is an IDE model but I can't think that this is the problem since the first time I used this drive and the same original Windows Ultimate Disc there were no problems I even went as far and got a PS keyboard to avoid any USB devices and also downloaded a full untouched version of Windows with the same error Maybe my disc got scrtaches after its first use I don't know Please help people please

A:Windows Boot Manager Install error 0xc00000e9 -

Is there any external /USB based device connected with your computer ? If so , please make it sure that it is properly connected .

Try installing using a flash drive . USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/122793-windows-boot-manager-install-error-0xc00000e9.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so I apologize if I'm not But I have a HUGE problem I have a Gateway laptop that's only about months old It has Windows on it and when I started it up this morning I saw the Gateway logo and then I kept getting an error message that said 'windows boot manager boot failed press ok to continue' which I did and then got an error message saying 'no bootable device found press any key' I pressed ok and then boot boot failed! error 'windows manager, Help! it took me to the boot option menu which only gave me one option that said 'windows boot manager wcd wd bpvt- jj t When I press this option Help! error 'windows boot manager, boot failed! it takes me back to the same boot manager error message I've tried hitting F and it just gives me the boot option menu like I described above I get nothing pressing F If I press F I get the InsydeH Setup Utility Under the security tab it will only allow me to select the 'set supervisor and HDD passwords there's currently no passwords listed for these Below it has the option to erase all secure boot setting select an UEF file and restore secure boot to factory default but it doesn't allow me to go down to any of these options I'll be honest and say that overall I'm not a fan of Windows it's so different from all of the previous OS's which I was fairly adept at navigating through in order to troubleshoot when I needed to but I am clueless as to what to do with this problem and have spent hours googling possible solutions but there's nothing I've found that specifically addresses this error message or how to fix it I'm starting to panic because I do all of my work on my computer and need it up again asap So if anyone can help me problem solve this I would sincerely appreciate it

A:Help! error 'windows boot manager, boot failed!

Sure sounds like your hard drive may be failing or your boot sector is corrupted. However, since your laptop is only 5 months old, I assume it is still under warranty. With that said, I would recommend that you work this issue through Lenovo support so they can identify the source, authorize a factory service call (if covered), and/or authorize the shipment of any replacement parts (if required). Good luck.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28074-help-error-windows-boot-manager-boot-failed.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I just flashed a UEFI BIOS and did a clean install. I'm getting the error 0xc000000e only on reboot. If i shut down and turn on again it boots windows no problem. Please help!

A:Windows 7 and UEFI BIOS Boot Manager error 0xc000000e

What are the exact UEFI, CSM and Legacy BIOS settings in BIOS setup? Did you do a UEFI install, booting from a UEFI device to install, or did you install to Legacy MBR disk?

Unplug all peripherals and try again.

If you can get into Safe Mode, establish a Clean Boot from Troubleshooting steps in picture below. Then test your hard drive, RAM and work through the other steps to go over your install and hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/335248-windows-7-uefi-bios-boot-manager-error-0xc000000e.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi Guys Hope someone can help please Was trying to clean up friends ADVENT QUANTUM Laptop Gb RAM Gb HD win Home Basic Bit Removed Norton AV and restarted Ran Ccleaner and restarted Ran MBAM Malwarebytes and found suspect items Rebooted All was fine and system was running quicker than before Then just as I was unplugging mains electrical supply I noticed a number of Win updates that needed to Boot OxcOOOOOe9 - I/O Unexpected Windows Manager error Status: be applied so I left laptop on table to install new software updates and shutdown On returning from work this evening I booted laptop to find WINDOWS BOOT MANAGER File Boot BCD Status OxcOOOOOe Info An unexpected I O error has occurred I cannot access Windows at all a black screen just appears and the two choices it gives ESCAPE exit or ENTER Continue just returns me to the same screen after a few seconds I have tried continually pressing f on bootup pressing f once etc - No change Any suggestions please Many thanks

A:Windows Boot Manager - Status: OxcOOOOOe9 Unexpected I/O error

Try following - Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Do know what the suspect items were?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301056-windows-boot-manager-status-oxcoooooe9-unexpected-i-o-error.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I've installed Win 7 on my Laptop. But when I launch (without booting from Bootable USB), it gives me an error:
File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe
Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file.

The problem is when I boot from my Bootable USB it acts normal. Like nothing is wrong. It's just normal Windows 7 like I'm used to.

I searched on other topics but it seems that everyone issue is fixed by using the bootrec using the bootable DVD. Although I can't access that since I'm using an USB AND when I boot using my USB it's acting normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391650-windows-boot-manager-error-winload-exe-0xc0000428-digital-signature.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Greetings!

My pc suddenly stop working. I have a windows boot manager bcd error on screen. I did the ff:

- Installed hdd in another pc and run chkdsk (no error)
- Tried reinstalling os inside windows - installation did not completed after restart
- Reformat drive c inside windows

I can't get pass the boot bcd error. I cant boot from usb. I know the usb installer is ok because its working on another pc. I can't run computer repair and cant' access the recovery window. The windows boot manager bcd error always comes with the following error message even if I change the boot order.

File: \Boot\BCD

Please help me.

A:can't install os - windows boot manager says file/bcd error black scre

If you would of completed this request made by Golden way back in Nov 2014
then we would know if your install media was proper. Now we have no idea.

Back then we could of suggested a Microsoft authorizes website to download Windows 7. We can't now because that website no longer is in working order.
Random BSOD. Random Errors.

Quote:
Please perform the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the tool here in your next reply

Here is a tutorial by gregrocker that could be your answer to your problem.
Take your time reading it because their is a lot of info.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/366020-cant-install-os-windows-boot-manager-says-file-bcd-error-black-scre.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Good evening everyone So I got a new ASUS tablet for Christmas The OS was Windows but it kept telling me to update to Windows or else I wasn't able to download any apps or so To do that I had to look for updates with Windows Update first When all the updates were ready to go I went to the Store and tranfered Windows Then it told ASUS Manager, error in missing files Windows Tablet Boot me to reboot So I did And when I do that the thing tells me that Windows Boot Manager, missing files error in ASUS Tablet there's some kind of Windows Boot Manager, missing files error in ASUS Tablet error I wasn't able to do a system restore or a repair or a recovery or what so ever Nothing worked So I did what everyone does in such a situation I went online and looked for a solution I came across this site Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD I followed its' instructions but I must have done something wrong On quot attempt three quot on the link I couldn't manage to find that C Boot he talks about It kept telling me that it couldn't find the patch So I thought quot maybe it's something else quot and I took the patch from the quot Windows Boot Manager quot thing that appeared somewhere and I must have done something or deleted something when following the instructions and now there is no way I can get it to work Can someone pleaaaase help me I'm usually pretty handy with technology but I've never worked with tablets and I personaly dislike Windows Thank you so much for yout time and attention Atached there is a pdf with a scan of the message that I come across everytime I turn that tablet on I can't get passed it

A:Windows Boot Manager, missing files error in ASUS Tablet

The error message appears to say that it can't find \Windows\System32\winload.exe
It's most likely one of the following:
- missing from the disk
- the BCD entry is misconfigured
- there may be disk problems (hardware)

Are you able to access the System Repair menu?
Can you get into a Command Prompt?

If not, then I'd have to suggest resetting the system to it's factory state.
If unable to do that, then I'd request recovery media from Asus to restore it

If it's still within the return policy period, you may just want to return it and avoid all of the hassles.

Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59221-windows-boot-manager-missing-files-error-asus-tablet.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi I have a Win install that I had not used since January since I was testing Win on a separate drive The Win install is a dual boot where XP x resides on a GB Cheetah drive connected to a RAID controller Since it s the boot drive it has the Win boot manager on it including the C BOOT directory for Win and C NTLDR for XP x Win resides on a TB RAID array and shows up as drive D when Windows has finished booting I booted it up for the first time since January applied all Windows updates and when I rebooted I was greeted with the error winload exe xc quot File Windows system winload exe quot quot Info The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt quot Pressing quot F quot on the boot menu for Win just raised the same error message So Windows boot after winload.exe Win7 raises error: Update manager 0xc0000098 I Win7 boot manager raises error: winload.exe 0xc0000098 after Windows Update fired up my Win SP DVD and ran a chkdsk for both drives C and D but it did not fix anything Next I tried bootrec ScanOs amp RebuildBcd but it found no missing entries So I tried FixMbr amp FixBoot and rebooted but it made no difference Next I tried to run an offline sfc scan but it could not continue due to pending operations So I renamed the file D Windows WinSxS Pending xml and that allowed me to continue To be on the safe side I ran it in quot verify mode quot sfc verifyonly offbootdir C offwindir D Windows But it found no corrupted files Next I renamed the C BOOT BCD file and created a new one using bootrec but this also did not help Finally I replaced the D Windows system winload exe with a copy stored in D Windows WinSxS Backup and this did change the behavior Instead of xc I got error xc quot Info Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file quot With the new winload exe pressing quot F quot actually worked and so I selected the option quot disable driver signature enforcement quot which then got me a little further in the boot process now ntoskrnl exe raised error xc instead But replacing that one with the backup in D Windows WinSxS Backup did not change the behavior at all and this is where I m at now nbsp

A:Win7 boot manager raises error: winload.exe 0xc0000098 after Windows Update

Sounds like one of the boot drives has failed. If you can get into the Control Panel while in the Safe mode, try changing the OS boot order in SYSTEM, Advanced System Settings, Settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-boot-manager-raises-error-winload-exe-0xc0000098-after-windows-update.217405/
Relevancy 88.15%

I need help! My PC has had it's ways with viruses, and I have removed them, but I think they messed up windows recovery manager, as I can't start it. It's renamed to "Rebecca.exe". Anyways, please post a link to windows recovery manager for:   Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Intel Core i7 AMD RADEON graphics card on an HP PAvilion dv6 notebook Laptop

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Download-windows-recovery-manager-windows-7-home-prem-64bit/td-p/5598500
Relevancy 87.29%

I just bought my computer and it came with Windows 8.1 installed.  I reserved Windows 10 so I will receive the upgrade when that OS becomes available.  I want to create a recovery set, but if I use HP Recovery Manager now to create the set it will have Windows 8.1.  Can I wait a couple of weeks and then create recovery disks after I have Windows 10?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Recovery Manager and Windows 10

Recovery partiton contains windows 8.1 - It will create only recovery of windows 8.1 even if you install Windows 10 or 8 or 7.The windows 10 copy that you will get is from microsoft and not HP and its free.so if you ever need to re-install, you will have to install windows 8.1 and then perform the upgrade again. You can also download the win10 ISO and burn it to a disc or create a bootable USB Flash Drive to install from and use your microsoft account to activate win10.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-and-Windows-10/td-p/5156985
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi there,I have a problem about hp recovery manager. few months ago I upgraded to the Win10, and I reset(Soft reset) my  pc yesterday. after that,I tried to find HP recovery manager but I couldnt find it. I need to install HP divers to my notebook HP 3d drive guard, coolsense,beats audio etc. I am still using windows 10 and I tried to install it from internet but it didnt work. so help me to install recovery manager please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-in-windows-10/td-p/5617972
Relevancy 87.29%

My wife had a problem with her laptop today: she restarted it, and now Windows only starts in "recovery mode".We created a recovery  media after upgrading to windows 10, and we can boot the PC using it, but when we try to create a backup of her data on another USB disk using HP Recovery Manager backup feature, the backup procedure always fails before 10% telling us that the backup disk was disconnected from the PC.The backup disk is working OK on my PC, and we cerainly have enough free space - more than 300GB - to save my wife's data (I manually selected the folders to backup).Is there any "Recovery Manager known bug" I should be aware of?Thanks for your help,Massimo

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-recovery-manager/td-p/5643187
Relevancy 86.43%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 86.43%

My laptop come with Windows 8.1 64bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset. It is protected by the HP recovery manager. After i update to Windows 10, reset my PC (not factory reset) with the option delete everything, so now i have a Windows 10 origin with no bloatware, and i can see everything in the Recovery partition, how can i get HP Recovery manager back to protect the Recovery partition?I don't want to Factory reset because there so many bloatware came with my laptop, I just want to get HP recovery manager back, i can't find HP recovery manager for Windows 10 in HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, there is one for Windows 8.1 but i can't install it.To sum up, please update the HP Recovery Manager for Windows 10 in the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads or give me a link to get it.

A:How can i get back HP Recovery Manager for Windows 10

Greetings, Your request is impossible to fulfill. HP ships Recovery Manager only for the version of Windows installed on your PC at the factory. You will have to use Microsoft's Reset option to reimage your PC. You can use the Backup and Recovery option in Control panel to create a system image and a repair disc (CD or DVD). You can also go to this site to download the Win 10 .ISO which can be used to boot to the Windows Recovery Environment. Win RE will give you restore, reimage, and other troubleshooting options when you cannot boot to Win 10. The HP Win 8.1 recovery partition can be eliminated. TomP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-can-i-get-back-HP-Recovery-Manager-for-Windows-10/td-p/5291710
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi nbsp Purchased in the month of May new laptop - nbsp HP ENVY -k TX Notebook PC and it came with preinstalled Windows -bit OS nbsp Wanted to upgrade to windows in it nbsp But my query is that nbsp nbsp if i upgrade to windows will there will be any Hp recovery to 10 Upgrading Regarding manager windows and warranty issue problem in future since my laptop came with windows and user has upgrade to windows in it nbsp nbsp If i upgrade to windows then hp recovery manager will work because hp recovery manager is link with windows and in future if incase any problem occurs and user uses hp recovery manager then it will install windows or windows i have read in some post in hp support forum that user are facing problem in hp recovery manager after upgrading to windows Hp Regarding Upgrading to windows 10 and Hp recovery manager recovery manager doesnt work after that nbsp After upgrafding to windows if incase any problem user uses HP Recovery manager then OS should revert to Factory condition i e Windows not windows I read in some forum of hp and microsoft that there are working on nbsp this issue nbsp nbsp Still now i haven't created windows system recovery disc usb Shall i create before upgrading to windows or after upgrading to windows or create both system recovery for windows and windows nbsp nbsp Even havent created hp recovery disc yet therefore shall i create hp recovery disc in windows i e before upgrading nbsp windows or create after upgrading to windows Because Hp recovery disc can only be created once therefore havent created yet nbsp nbsp do i need to perform any important step before upgrading to windows nbsp nbsp Is it possible to clean install windows after activating successfully Will there will be any hp warranty issue problem in future since i have done clean install of windows nbsp nbsp I have posted similar question in the month of december during experts day at that time one of the expert user dinu replied that my suggestion is please wiat for another month or with that time HP nbsp and Microsoft will work on the bugs and will make sure its complety working fine becasue microsfot is still working on the issue nbsp Due to medical problem i havent used the laptop for long time and hardly months left for free upgrade to windows Thereforer i request you all for quick reply nbsp nbsp Thanks in advance to all the users who has replyed to my post nbsp Bye Siva

A:Regarding Upgrading to windows 10 and Hp recovery manager

Varadar Let me try to answer your Win10 questions ...1) NO -- Upgrade does not invalidate the warranty, but neither does it extend it.2) NO -- recovery manager will no longer work because the files it needs are preinstalled on your PC from the factory. Not only are those only for Win8.1, but the Win10 upgrade has a nasty habbit of corrupting OEM recovery information, preventing any HP recovery from working after the Upgrade.3-1) NO -- you will NOT be able to do a factory reset after the Win10 Upgrade for the reasons mentioned in 2) above, plus the Win10 Upgrade does NOT install the files needed for a factory reset --as those come only from HP.3-2) NO -- Don't bother with these -- better alternative described below4-1) Same as 3-2, above4-2) Yes -- see below regarding image backup5) Yes, see 1) for warranty question response Unfortunately, the Win10 GoBack function has been demonstrated to be unreliable, so when folks try to rollback to an earlier OS, when it does not work, it can leave the machine in a corrupted state, such that only a full factory reset from HP Recovery Media will get it back to a working condition, and not only do you have to purchase that media, you end up losing all your data, settings, and applications in the process.However, you can protect yourself from upgrade and recovery problems if, BEFORE you do the Upgrade, you consider using a third-party imaging/restoration application like Macrium Reflect to image off your machine so you can easily restore it if anything doesn't work. Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.What I recommend is the following:1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CDI use this all the time and it typically takes less than 10 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.  Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry.  This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows! Add this menu item AFTER you do the Win10 Upgrade.NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.Have fun experimenting with Win10! Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Regarding-Upgrading-to-windows-10-and-Hp-recovery-manager/td-p/5571000
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello, every time I startup my computer, it says "Please Wait" and proceeds to open recovery manager. I have tried the BIOS, and tons of other options such as a hard reboot, and I have checked on countless forums. Please help. I am running windows 10.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Boots-to-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5798084
Relevancy 86.43%

I installed all the softwares and drivers that came along with the HP upgrade DVD. But, I find that the Backup and Recovery Manager missing on the DVD. Is there a Backup and Recovery Manager for Win 7? I liked the backup and recovery manager that was available on my Vista when I bought this laptop but is now unavailable because of the upgrade!! Any solutions for this? I do not want to use the default Windows Backup as I do not have a separate HDD at the moment to store the backup there and do not wish to populate my local hard disk with backup data!! Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Backup and Recovery Manager for Windows 7

Ok thanks. I have my Vista recovery partition intact. So, I believe, I should be able to recover if I have some sort of problem! I was able to find a backup and recover in Win 7 itself. Perhaps, I should wait for the software to be released by HP. Thanks again!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Backup-and-Recovery-Manager-for-Windows-7/td-p/174245
Relevancy 86.43%

HelloI'm trying to reset my laptop, but I cant find windows 8 to chose when I go to recovery managerplease help

A:Can't find Windows 8 in recovery manager

Hi, We don't know what is your machine. Please help. Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-t-find-Windows-8-in-recovery-manager/td-p/5597028
Relevancy 85.57%

Due to some problems I was having with updating windows I decided to recover my HP computer to its factory condition using HP's Recovery Problem configuring using HP Manager Windows Recovery Manager I don't have a recovery disk so I chose to recover Problem configuring Windows using HP Recovery Manager from the recovery partition on the hard drive I chose to not do a backup and the recovering process went fine After it was done I was asked to restart my pc and once it restarted I was at a black screen which said something along the lines of quot setting up devices quot After a couple of minutes a small window showed up with the fallowing message quot Windows setup Problem configuring Windows using HP Recovery Manager could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware quot This window shows up when the black screen says quot Setting up devices quot I press ok then the black screen says quot setup will continue once your computer is restarted quot The pc is restarted automatically and this window shows up again At first I had unplugged an external USB hard drive and an external wifi antenna leaving my monitor mouse and keyboard plugged But after doing some research I found that some hardware installed inside the pc might also be causing the problem So I removed the wireless card disconnected the DVD drive and disconnected the cable from the USB and analog ports of the front panel The only things that were connected as far as I saw were the fans motherboard power button and the only hard drive I went back into the recovery manager and did the recovery again once it was done and the pc restarted I was brought back to the same message Any help advice is appreciated

A:Problem configuring Windows using HP Recovery Manager

Obviously running factory Recovery from partition without making Recovery Disks as a backup or backing up your files is not advisable and borders on recklessness.

Try entering Device manager during install to uninstall Devices showing in error (likely Display) so install will complete, then update the driver from desktop.

You can copy out your files to external HD using the Win7 Installation DVD or System Repair Disk via this method: Copy & Paste - in Windows Recovery Console, or use Paragon Rescue CD.

Then you can either order HP Recovery Disks from Tech Support, or clean reinstall using a Win7 Installation DVD which is a much superior install without the corrupting HP bloatware, using the Product Key on COA sticker: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/205120-problem-configuring-windows-using-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all,

I am been trying to fix an issue on my girlfriend's computer. Ever since I removed a malware infection she had, the computer was doing the following: taskbar turns grey and internet stops working. Thinking this was still a malware issue, I posted in that section of the website (see link below). I have since been cleared of malware, but we have determined that the issue is related to the Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager and WLAN AutoConfig, both of which are set to start to automatically start when booting, but seem to be crashing. My taskbar goes back to normal and the internet works once I manually start these services.

Removed Win 7 AntiSpyware - other issues after rebooting

Lenovo IdeaPad Y460 (0633)
windows 7 home premium

Thanks,
Anthony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-and-wlan-autoconfig-services-issues-619341.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello So basically my windows Aero theme is not working I can change to different themes and they change the background and sounds but I cannot change the color of my windows color When I click on the quot Window Color quot from the Personalization option in Task Manager it does not give me the regular option to change the window color and transparency I get a pop-out screen that says quot Window Color and Appearance quot and changing the color from there does not do anything I have read other places and tried to restart the quot Themes quot option in the Services exe but that does not help Both the quot Themes quot and quot Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager Windows Desktop working not properly Manager quot are started and run from the startup However when I restart the quot Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager quot it fixes the problem only for Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly a couple of seconds but Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly reverts back to the broken problem The color will change to what it's suppose to be but change right back I have a AMD Sapphire video card so I know it supports w e features Windows has I have the latest drivers from AMD and everything else works fine but this problem has persisted for a while now Is this a hardware problem Also This only happens when I startup my computer If I restart my computer after I see that the problem is there Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly then the problem will be fixed and the Aero Theme is fine Please advise on what I can do to fix this problem

A:Desktop Windows Manager Session Manager not working properly

Anybody out there have a clue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/294334-desktop-windows-manager-session-manager-not-working-properly.html
Relevancy 84.71%

My new laptop with Windows 7 pre-installed Home Premium 64bit, and what I know to Recovery (system image with installed drivers), which is placed in a hidden hard drive partition, you fail to restore the system with the drivers (to factory) .
But I do not have the Recovery Manager and I do not know from whence it could get someone knows where?

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit No Recovery Manager.

For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
System Info - See Your System Specs
Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
VistaForums SysInfo Tool - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/180891-windows-7-home-premium-64bit-no-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I need help asap i tryed to restart my whole computer to erase all viruses and everything on it but when i did it took me to system recovery option and when i click on recovery manager the error is 0x400110020000 100c and icant and i try startup repair when its done i press finish and restart but its takes me to windows loading files and takes me back to the same blue page with the system recovery option i tried everything but it just sends me backPLEASE I NEED HELP IM SCARED i need the computer thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-loading-file-system-recovery-manager/td-p/5689808
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello Anyone know if there is available downloadable files for making a Recovery Manager disc to boot from? My problem is, that when I start PC, it loads as normally, but when trying to hit F11 to get Recovery Manager to start, it crashes/locks the computer. Also the error: "file kernell.dll is missing..." Made long time ago a Recovery DVD, but it's lost somewhere and can't find it. :/ I have a desktop m9810sc-a HP computer with Windows Vista 32-bit Any help would be appriciated.Thank You    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-disc-files-for-Windows-Vista-32-bit/td-p/5814491
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey I just got a new motherboard cpu smaller case really nice looking media center edition black case It all booted up fine got most the drivers I have an gb HDD on SATA and a gb on SATA bit on bit on Default to bit It was all working fabulously before and I fried my CPU so I decided to go the extra mile for a new mobo and case as well My bit XP is fine has all the drivers everything is tested USB front and back front and back audio and everything else On x though it had all the drivers I even saw it in Device Manager previous to the chaos and from what I think did it and Issue Play Issue/Device Manager Windows SP2 XP x64 Plug was GlarysTools or something like that I uninstalled it so it has no 'recovery' backup from before Long story short I have no Windows XP SP2 x64 Plug and Play Issue/Device Manager Issue device manager that properly works the console will open but no devices show I've done work with it I've researched and such and found out that it might have something to do with Plug and Play I have no 'Plug and Play' service that could be an issue though I don't know for sure but I have Universal Plug and Play Device Host and SSDP Discovery Service though both of those are started and properly working on 'automatic' setting have restarted the PC numerous times and restarted the services numerous times with no avail I also get the message quot Configuration Manager The Plug and Play service or another required service is not available quot when double-clicking ANY service It still goes to the properties prompt but it displays that beforehand Any knowledgable input is appreciated thanks Right now I just finished downloading Service Pack and I'm going to reinstall it see if that helps at all I'm doubting it will but its worth a try I have nothing of value with this install just don't feel like REinstalling it since I have done MY customizations with it added my own programs etc Hope some people could help me out thanks in advance

A:Windows XP SP2 x64 Plug and Play Issue/Device Manager Issue

Hey again... sorry, I'm very impatient, so I just decided to reinstall everything. So... problem resolved, mods can close the thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-x64-plug-and-play-issue-device-manager-issue-200556.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Not sure if this is related to the driver, but I'm having an issue with the Windows Desktop Manager and Windows Aero.

When I start my computer up, Windows Aero flickers off after about a minute or so, it eventually comes back and stays but I'd like to stop this from happening. When it goes off I use the Aero troubleshooting feature and diagnosis what the problem is. The report says that the Desktop Windows Manager was disable, However I get no prompt of that occurring, and when I checked the the DWM it is set to automatic. As said Aero eventually returns after a few minutes or so, though it's obviously strange that it goes off in the first place with no warning of the DWM being disable or re-enabled. Any help is appreciated.

A:Issue with Windows Desktop Manager and Windows Aero

Sounds like one of your start up applications might be interfering.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/102939-issue-windows-desktop-manager-windows-aero.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 83.85%

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

A:HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all,

I followed some instructions to remove the Windows 8 Dual Boot by just deleting the Windows 8 Partition and that there was no need to edit the boot menu as everything will be done automatically after restart.

Now, when I tried to reboot my computer, the computer hangs at the screen where you are suppose to select to boot up Windows 7 or Windows 8.

As I had deleted Windows 8 Already, it should not prompt me to select to boot Windows 8 but rather directly boot into Windows 7.

How should I proceed from here ? I am currently installing Fedora Dual Boot on my laptop so hopefully I am able to do some salvaging from there....

Thanks in advance !

Warmest Regards,
Zeke

A:Windows 7 Crashes at Boot Manager after Deleting Windows 8 Dual Boot

Take a windows 7 installation DVD/USB thumbdrive, boot from it, select "I want to repair my computer" and then do a "startup repair".

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/294576-windows-7-crashes-boot-manager-after-deleting-windows-8-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I have an Inspiron 7520 and uninstalled and reinstalled the new version of Dell Backup and Recovery Manager -- upgraded to premium to make sure that I would have full ability to use the program. Note: the old version didn't work at all -- hung up on backup, etc.
I have rebooted.
When I try and open the Manager interface, I can't. All I get is the clock logo with the hand spinning. I cannot set the destination. I cannot select what I want to back up. I've tried this several times and just get the spinning clock which I end up ending through Task Manager. 
I have tried opening the Manager from the installed link on desktop, from my list of programs, from the Start menu, and from the tray icon. Nothing works.
Any suggestions?
Nan

A:Windows 8 Dell Backup and Recovery Manager doesn't work

I have the same issue with the non premium version, I made the mistake of upgrading to v1.0.0.4 that is available for download and now have the same spinning clock, the program never loads so can't do anything with it. I have tried twice now to uninstall and then reinstall but still the same issue with spinning clock.
This is on a brand new XPS 8500 running windows 8. The reason I tried upgrading is that the version I had would not create recovery disk on usb key (would take forever to see the usb key and then would fail with pretty much useless error message before writing anything to the usb key, all it would do is format it to something that could no longer be read by windows.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19500473
Relevancy 83.42%

Looking for some insight to a network mapped drive and shared folder issue PC is Windows SP and has multiple users assigned due to hour operation Both the mapped drive and network share are on a Linux server The users need access to the mapped drive for access to data that is used for a truck routing application They also need access 7 issue Windows Credential - Manager to their user folder After the PC reboots the mapped drive and shares become inaccessible Receive the error quot linuxserver user is not accessible You might not have quot It's not a permission issue Users samba permissions are correct The only way to Credential Manager - Windows 7 issue get them back is to first clear the saved credentials Credential Manager - Windows 7 issue in the credential manager then recreate the share The mapped drive needs to be disconnected then reconnected to be prompted again for the user name and password The user names and passwords on the Linux server are different than those used on the Windows domain Is there a setting that can be applied to prevent this loss of credentials on reboots nbsp Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8937ba55-c463-4cbe-909d-12007baea40e/credential-manager-windows-7-issue?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 82.99%

I get a message that Windows failed.
Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.

It instructs me to insert the windows installation disc, restart, and run "repair your computer".  However, I did not receive an installation disc, only a utilities disk (which does not boot)
What do I do now?

A:Inspiron M5030 recovery boot issue. Recovery disk does full restore and starts Win7, which operates fine. But on restart, windows will not boot.

1. Reseat the hard disk drives, reseat the controller and monitor. 2. Perform chkdsk /r on the RAID volume. 3. Run diagnostics on the hard disk drives and controller and replace as necessary.
Additional Information:
Event ID 1001 is logged in the System event log. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 12.08.2013 11:23:04 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: server.domain.com Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000f4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800644ab30, 0xfffffa800644ae10, 0xfffff80001be07b0). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 031214-68266-01 Review of the memory dump files using Debugging Tools for Windows will result in output similar to the following.BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc40040128, ffffffffc000000e, 6454cbe0, fffff88008025000} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a ) Debugging Details: ------------------ ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified. DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardwareBugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8006332b30, fffffa8006332e10, fffff80001b8e7b0} ----- ETW minidump data unavailable----- Probably caused by : csrss.exe CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
Look below for more details
Source : www.dell.com/.../EN

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683062
Relevancy 82.99%

My daughter has an HP DV that had Vista on it a few years back when she bought it I have been working on getting it to boot for quite awhile with no luck and am stuck The laptop recovery DV2700 HP won't or manager run boot comes to the screen where you can select safe mode normal etc I have tried the repair and it says it finished successfully and then just cycles from HP DV2700 won't boot or run recovery manager the initial microsoft screen with the small HP DV2700 won't boot or run recovery manager green bars at the bottom to reboot to the screen to select Safe Mode etc I have tried safe mode and get the same thing I try to hit the F key to go to recovery manager and I just get to the same Safe Mode Normal mode screen with no recovery mode I have created a live CD for Ubutu and retrieved the files I care about off of the PC I can see the recovery partition and the main partition I have researched some other stuff created a Vista Recovery Essentials CD and tried that can see the partition but the repair does not fix anything it says it did I downloaded the Vista Standalone SP DVD download and put it on a DVD With this disk in it does not boot to it I have the boot set to DVD first and it did find and boot to Ubutu and the Vista Recovery essential ok I guess I don't have the right download for a boot disk I have the windows product key It is Vista not sure what version I expect Home basic or premium Not sure if it is bit or bit The PC seems to spec to I am fine with completely wiping and reinstalling it all I would even pay a few bucks to upgrade the thing to Windows or if that could be done I am also okay putting her back on the Vista version she was on with a clean install I have searched around for a download of something that would allow me to install from a DVD fresh I don't know how to do an upgrade with the PC not booting to windows The directions I see are fairly complicated for creating a bootable DVD CD Seems like there is an easier way I think I included what I know about the PC above but here is a summary HP Pavilion Entertainment PC DV SN CE TCZ Windows Vista with product key not sure of the specific version Will not Boot to Windows can access files on the HD using Ubutu or Vista Recovery Essentials CD Cannot seem to boot to the Microsoft Vista SP Standalone download I burned to a DVD from Microsoft site I can see a recovery partition on the HD Recovery Manager will not start with F key press I would love to download something and get it done but would order disks if I had to and knew that would work I am willing to pay a little for replacement disks or an upgrade Thanks

A:HP DV2700 won't boot or run recovery manager

BUMP

Trying to get some help on this one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-dv2700-wont-boot-or-run-recovery-manager-677191.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello I have a little problem here I bought this laptop and with Recovery F11, Cant Manager int... into HP its boot booting it has a Windows installation on it but it was password protected so i had to restore the laptop to the Cant boot into HP Recovery Manager with F11, its booting int... factory state with the F tool It restored the laptop to Windows Then i downloaded the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft made a windows installation usb Cant boot into HP Recovery Manager with F11, its booting int... then i updated the laptop with the usb to Windows nbsp It was done i used it happily But the time has came to give the laptop to my mother and i wanted to restore it to Windows just like before But when I pressed F I imediately got a Cant boot into HP Recovery Manager with F11, its booting int... screen that sad Windows Boot manager on top and and error xc e and required device is inaccessible Then i messed with it a little but with the help of the forums I accidentaly destroyed my bootloader so i had to Clean Install Windows I deleted every partition exept the RECOVERY partition Now its working but when i press F its not booting into the HP Recovery Manager thing its booting into the normal Windows nbsp I cant set the RECOVERY partition as active in the Disk Management its just nbsp show the only nbsp option nbsp Help I dont have that Recovery Disk thing neighter I tried to force boot to the RECOVERY partition with a bootable Clover bootloader that i dound on the internet nbsp but its not booting due to somenthing error about the MBR and cant fide something in the Boot nbsp nbsp So what can i do to be able to boot into that recovery manager thing the partition is there i didnt deleted anything from it nbsp Thanks for any help Sorry for my terrible English i did my best

A:Cant boot into HP Recovery Manager with F11, its booting int...

ActorVMI Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about restoring Win8.1 on your PC and wanted to help. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine.  This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.What will work is restoring your machine to its original factory condition using HP Recovery Media.This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/driversOnce there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you can check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cant-boot-into-HP-Recovery-Manager-with-F11-its-booting-into/td-p/5695201
Relevancy 82.99%

My computer window XP won't boot, and if I'm lucky enough i enter BIOS, but during loading screen it frezzes, but most of the time i turn it on and stays blank. So is it possible to start a recovery manager?

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi I'm having a little issue with my brothers' laptop He got it quite a while back It came pre-installed with Vista but Boot Recovery Doesn't Manager a couple days back he asked me to install another OS as he got bored Recovery Manager Doesn't Boot with Vista I did but now he wants to go back to Vista for some reason It's a Compaq Presario C laptop Came default with partition One for the OS and the other is the recovery partition I've since split OS partition Recovery Manager Doesn't Boot into for my Recovery Manager Doesn't Boot brother to keep his important files without losing them in the event of a re-format So now there are partition this all happened before the new OS installation When i installed the different OS Non-windows i made sure i left the spare and recovery partition alone Now when i boot the laptop and press F it doesn't boot the recovery to restore to factory setting and things like that I then installed vista with a non-activated DVD with the hopes that once i get windows to load i could restore to reset settings and retain the genuine features plus drivers but that doesn't work I do not have a recovery CD DVD though What are my options to re-enable the recovery manager so i could format the OS Thanks for your time Danny

A:Recovery Manager Doesn't Boot

Hi Danny,

To use the Recovery Partition, you need HP Recovery Manager installed on the main drive (in effect, Vista must be installed with this program included and it may work even if Vista isn't booting as long as it is installed with the HP Recovery Manager software as well - but that's not the case here): Here's information about it: Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery Compaq Presario C700 CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English). I don't believe F11 will work without it. NOTE: There were MANY options for Compaq Presario C700, so be sure I chose the right one before you do anything - it is important to get the precise model exactly correct.

A regular Vista disk is not going to work for this because it doesn't include the HP Recovery Manager software. But it should restore Vista and you should be able to download updated drivers from the HP website assuming mostly everything works with the default drivers from the Vista disk (but not the supplemental software that came with the recovery disks including the HP Recovery Manager software). Then you need to activate with the original product code for the system (which should be on a label somewhere on it).

If that isn't satisfactory or doesn't work (and it should for the most part even if some aspects will not be able to be restored like the HP Recovery Manager or the ability to use the Recovery Partition), at this point, since you didn't make recovery disks when you got the machine, I believe you need to get Vista Recovery Disks from HP to do the restore to factory conditions. Here's how to do that: Order Recovery Discs for Windows 7, Vista, or XP Compaq Presario C700 CTO Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English). NOTE: There were MANY options for Compaq Presario C700, so be sure I chose the right one before you do anything - it is important to get the precise model exactly correct.

I wish I had better news, but that's unfortunately how it seems to work with these computers.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287306-recovery-manager-doesnt-boot.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I'm running on Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit and I have always used the same user when registering the OS and it's my administraor account of course. I'm playing many 32-bit games on my laptop and sometimes I experience random crashes which forces me to open the Task Manager and end the process. The strange thing is, when I'm trying to end the process it doesn't end, it's still running taking up CPU memory.

It basicly refuses to quit. I've tried to end the processtree and using the taskkill command but it just tells me Acces Denied when trying to use it. What is all this about, I'm the administrator and it doesn't let me end my own processes or using certain commands in cmd...

Thanks for your help!

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 Task Manager Issue

some programs freeze completely and cant respond or quit.Its strange that your administrator and you cant even do some commands...try "run as administrator" option when you right click cmd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-7-task-manager-issue-550322.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi friends

I am facing the issue in virtual router manager in  windows 10, already i was used windows 8.1 on that version not faced the issue
   could you please help me how to solve that issue?
    an event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers (exception from hresult: 0x80040201)

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c796b336-ee08-4b3a-89f6-3bf26684d728/about-virtual-router-manager-issue-in-windows-10?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 82.13%

After the recent upgrade to windows 10 , I can no longer access HP PowerManager, or HP setup mamager.  The message is 'This app has been blocked for your protection' An administrator has blocked you from using this app...Publisher not trusted.   I am the only user, I am the administrator  I am six secnds away from unistalling Windows 10. Any insight would be appreciated.

A:HP Power Manager & Set Up Manager Blocked Windows 10

I am experiencing the same problem and I cannot get operate the web cam on my HP Touchsmart 310-1110UK PC.  Can HP user support provide a solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Power-Manager-amp-Set-Up-Manager-Blocked-Windows-10/td-p/5187800
Relevancy 82.13%

My laptop is HP dv7-4296nr, I have a Recovery partition included. But I can not access Recovery Manager in boot screen by pressing F11, when I pussed, it just boot to Windows normally, although in the bottom left conner, it display "F11...System Recovery". Only when I active the Recovery partition and restart, that I can enter the Recovery manger. Could someone told me what I have to do to fix that?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Enter Recovery manager from boot screen

Hi, Before trying the suggestion below, make sure you have backed-up all your personal files etc. If you have created your set of Recovery DVDs, you could use these to reinstall the operating system as this process will also re-create the Recovery Partition and so hopefully regain the f11 functionality. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Enter-Recovery-manager-from-boot-screen/td-p/1047789
Relevancy 82.13%

I apologize for the length A friends computer is having issues so I told him I would look at it I've never used a computer with Vista so I'm Windows boot failed manager; Windows start to kind of lost You guys have always been very helpful in the past so that's why I'm here The computer is a Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista Windows boot manager; Windows failed to start Home Premium bit I don't know anything about the history or installed programs in this computer On startup it went directly to a black screen showing this message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disk and restart your computer Choose your language settings and the click quot Next quot Click Repair your computerFile Boot BCDStatus xc cInfo An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data quot I did so and was able to access the Startup Repair Here is the results from the first scan quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automaticallyWindows is checking for a solution to the problem quot I clicked to view the details and this is what it said quot DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR DETAILS Numer of repair attempts SESSION DETAILS System Disk device harddisk Windows Directory c windowsAutoChk Run Number of Root Causes TEST PERFORMED Name Check for UpdatesResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name System Disk TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Disk Metadata TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Target OS TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Volume Content CheckResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Boot Manager DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name System Boot Log DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Event Log DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Internal State CheckResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msROOT CAUSE FOUND Registry is corrupt SESSION DETAILS System Disk device harddisk Windows Directory c windowsAutoChk Run Number of Root Causes TEST PERFORMED Name Check for UpdatesResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name System Disk TestTime taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Disk Failure DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Disk Metadata TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Target OS TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Volume Content CheckResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Boot Manager DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name System Boot Log DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Event Log DiagnosisResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Internal State CheckResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Boot Status TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Setup State CheckResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msTEST PERFORMED Name Registry Hives TestResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken msROOT CAUSE FOUND Registry is corruptRepair actioin System RestoreResult Failed Error code x Time taken msError code x msRepair action Registry roll backResult Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms quot After that I turned it off by accident the battery on this laptop was dead and the charger fell out so it turned off On restart I was able to start in Safe Mode From there the Windows Vista disk started loading and I was able to begin reloading Windows Vista In the middle of th... Read more

A:Windows boot manager; Windows failed to start

ROOT CAUSE FOUND: Boot configuration is corrupt.Repair action: Partition table repairI would suspect a bad hard driveGo to the support site of your hard drive's manufacturer and download their diagnostic tool and run it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/249151/windows-boot-manager;-windows-failed-to-start/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I have an Acer laptop running windows 7. It was giving me grief so I tried to do a factory default recovery to it. I saved all the recovery dics it told me to, as well as the app drive. Now it gives me a windows system32 winload.exe status: 0xc000000f error. I dont think I was given a windows installation disc it wants. I am very much a beginner, please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-boot-manager.1075179/
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm booting up a windows Vista pc and there something wrong with the mbr (I think). I have the system boot disk but it won't bootup the pc. Sometime it look as if it's loading windows system files then windows boot manager error appears on the screen. I seen these messages "Windows failed to load because the kernel is missing or corrupt" , "BSOD-collecting data for crash dump /initializing disk for crash dump (but nothing happens)"this appeared after Vista started to startup after many attemps of windows boot manager errors. Also I get missing bootmrg. Can anybody help.

Thx. Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-boot-manager.923048/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have two drives A GB SSD containing the windows Boot Windows Manager system A TB HDD partitioned into three Following a failed system restore I was unable to boot into windows Windows Boot Manager and had to use the windows recovery disc To cut Windows Boot Manager a long story short I ended up with two Windows Operating Systems the original in the SSD and a quot recovery quot one in a partition in the HDD I eventually ended up with a PC that would boot into the original O S but only after selecting an OS via the Windows Boot Manager page which appeared during the boot sequence I deleted the quot recovery quot OS from the HDD partition but the Windows Boot Manager page still halted the boot sequence and required a OS choice Using msconfig System Configuration Boot Tab and even though I had deleted the OS from the Z partition I had the following Windows Z Windows Default OS Windows C Windows Current OS I made the Windows C Windows the default OS but the Windows Boot Manager page still appears for a couple of seconds However the boot sequence now carries on to load windows normally If I delete Windows Z Windows from the System Configuration Boot Tab menu will the Windows Boot Manager disappear Having got a nearly working system back I do not want any more boot problems

A:Windows Boot Manager

If Z is no longer being used then you can Delete it in msconfig/Boot.

First post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image
so we can look it over.

You could have avoided all of this by asking us first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321414-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have xp pro installed. I installed vista on another partition.

i would like to purchase a boot program that has all of the options on one screen
not 2 screens. If i choose xp i then have to go to the next screen then choose it.
so can i purchase a program that has this feature

thank you

A:windows boot manager

What choices are on this 2nd screen ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-boot-manager.698487/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi people I recently got an advent netbook for my daughter and everything was fine until an update came on and asked me to restart so I did and the only screen that comes up is windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause 1.insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer 2.choose your language settings and then click next 3.click repair your computer.
File \boot\bcd
Info: an error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.
The problem is with it being a netbook there is no disc drive and it didn't come with a disc but I do have the product key.I've tried f8 system recovery and its like the key ain't even there and keeps going back to this screen.any help or advice would be much appreciated as my daughter is not a happy chappy heeeeeelp

Relevancy 81.7%

I had Vista on my computer originally. I installed Windows 7 recently and now I get the Windows Boot Manager. My choices in the Boot Manager are either Windows 7 or Vista. If I choose the Vista option it will still bring me to Windows 7. Is there a way I can get rid of this? In Disk Managment it shows that I only have one partition.

A:Want to get rid of Windows Boot Manager

Hello Ktstearns, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You can use the tutorial below to remove the Vista entry in Windows Boot Manager through msconfig.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...list-boot.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125602-want-get-rid-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

This question involves an annoyance not an operational problem. When I boot up the computer, I get a screen titled "Windows Boot Manager" and I can either wait a few seconds or hit enter for the windows boot. I only have Win7 on my computer and not another OS. This just recently started. I did a search for Boot Manager and got no results. How can I get rid of the screen and be able to boot directly into Win7?

A:Windows boot manager

What are the options it gives you on the screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305257-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Recently, I've had a change in my boot up. After I get the BIOS screen, I get a 1 or 2 second screen that says that it cannot detect the C: drive. Then I get a screen that lasts for 20 seconds titled Windows Boot Manager. The Windows 7 item is highlited and if I press enter or wait the 20 seconds, Windows loads. All my apps work with no problem. It's more of a mild concern that it is of a problem. Any suggestions on what is causing this or how to get rid of it?

It may or may not be relevant but what happened to the problem you were having last week. That problem does not appear to have been resolved. See here:
Can't open Power Point presentations

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/249705-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, I have win 10 pro installed on a Samsung 850 pro SSD. In Bios it lists Windows Boot Manager as the #1 option. I selected Samsung ssd as my #1 option, saved and exited. Computer will not boot. Says No OS found-insert media and restart. Did that a couple times. No Boot. Set Bios back to Windows Boot Manager. Everything runs fine. Also Sata controller set to AHCI. Is this normal for Windows 10? In Device manager my storage controller says Microsoft storage space controller. Is this normal for Win 10? Thanks

A:Windows boot manager

Welcome to TenForums, Mike.

It certainly sounds normal if you are booting UEFI to a disk with GPT partitioning.

Try executing "msinfo32" from a command prompt and report what it says on the line "BIOS Mode".

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/42409-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

when turning on the laptop it goes straight to windows boot manager, it also tells me i have installed 2 copies of windows 7 on the laptop, HELP PLEASE

I just found the correct tutorial and solved this problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/61392-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi, can any one advise me over the following.

I tried to install windows 8 on my dell laptop, it would not install so I did not go any further with it.
But it has left in the Windows boot manager start up screen windows 8/windows Setup/&Windows' 7.
how can I remove the windows 8 from the start up.
When you try to start W8 it says there is a problem?
All I want is to remove it all together.
Can any one help me with this.

Hello Pearl and welcome to Sevenforums!

The link below should help you solve your problem.

Windows Boot Manager - Delete a Listed Operating System

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/353916-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

my inspiron 1525 keeps coming up with an error message that states a recent hardware or software change might be the cause. an error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data. any suggestions on how to fix this

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-boot-manager-492669.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I am currently applying a .wim (Windows 7) to a machine and am planning to do this to another 50.

I have applied my image (.wim) and ran 'bcdboot c:\Windows /s c:' to include the boot entry otherwise it will error upon booting.

Now this is where I have a problem, if I re run the above, when it boots it displays windows boot manager asks which OS to load, due to the additional boot entry.

Is there a way clear all entry's in the boot manager via a command?

BCDEDIT.exe is very well to clear a single entry after specifying the identifier but not feasible do to the automation.

Go into msconfig>Boot and delete the extra entry.

If not there, install EasyBCD to delete the extra entry on Edit Boot Menu tab, the modern way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/198674-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

System:
ASUS-X555LA
i7 Processor
6 gigs RAM
1 TB HD
WIN 10 Home Premium

Bought this system, took it home, and carved out a new partition, for a Win 8.1 Pro installation (dual boot). Checked BIOS, found primary=Windows boot Manager, secondary-Optical. Changed boot order, and successfully installed the WIN 8.1 Pro OS on 8.1 partition. Went back into BIOS and reset boot order to the Windows boot manager. Now when I reboot, I can?t see the Windows boot loader screen. I know it?s there because even though I get a black screen, I can use my arrow keys to boot either the WIN 10 OS, or the WIN 8.1 pro.
1. Have checked each OS, Control Panel>System> System Properties>Startup and Recovery, and in each OS, it shows BOTH operating systems. Have check box set to 90 seconds, to display list of operating systems.
2. Turned off Fast Boot in each OS, and BIOS.

As usual any help is appreciated.

A:Can't see Windows boot manager

Install EasyBCD and easily add your OS's and boot to them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/cant-see-windows-boot-manager-1089866.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi.. !
I have been using windows 7 ultimate then I decide to install windows 7 profession and I deleted all partition but CD failed to read at copying windows file.(0%). I eject it when using another CD now it comes an error message
Windows failed to start.
Info: an unexpected error occur

I tried to "repair" but it didnt work !!

I need your help please !!

Thanks

Go to BOIS and try from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331947-windows-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

i've had an interesting time with my computer lately and really could use manager? boot How Windows to 7 add to some help to put myself at ease first How to add Windows 7 to boot manager? of all i already have both XP and Win installed but yesterday XP crapped out on me with a corrupted DLL file that didn't let me boot up into XP again i ran windows repair but because of a weird combination of unofficial sound drivers and the part of the installation process where all my devices mouse keyboard etc were seemingly cut off i couldn't proceed since i was prompted a choice i couldn't do anything with also apparently the XP repair installation process removes your old boot settings so i couldn't get into either so i thought i was locked out from both of my drives though luckily i managed to solve it by doing a new XP install on top of the old one and could at least back up all my files before more things screwed up so basically i've got a new XP install and an old Win install but have no idea how to access win on my other drive since the boot option was removed i was going to just install win again but on top of all this when i boot up my win CD it comes to a blue screen with a mouse cursor and apparently just hangs with nothing happening so basically -is it possible to add win to your boot manager from XP and if so how -if that fails how do you get past the blank blue screen after booting up the win CD there were no problems when i first installed win thx alot

A:How to add Windows 7 to boot manager?

Use Easy BCD to manually add the Win 7 entry
Download EasyBCD 2.0.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/119149-how-add-windows-7-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I have a system running XP. I partitioned my drive in half and installed Windows 7. I tried to start XP again and messed it up. I think it's trying to use XPs boot manager. Do I need to re-install 7 to use it's boot manager?

Now that I know this .iso works great, I want to put 7 on a partition on my main Vista system. I can't afford to lose everything like I did on the XP system. When I tried to start XP after installing 7 I got an error. "windows root system32 hal.dll is missing or corrupt"

I can't have that happening to my main system. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong? Will it happen to Vista? Thanks for any advice.

P.S. Windows 7 build 7048-0-090219-1845 is VERY nice and runs good with 512MB of ram!

A:How to use Windows 7 boot manager

Hello again Nate.

I have already answered you to the other post. Now, if Windows 7 starts, then its not using XP boot manager, but the Windows 7 one. (Otherwise Windows 7 wouldn't start).

Check your other post and see if my instructions help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/4935-how-use-windows-7-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I installed Windows 7 on an optiplex 330. The install was fine, but now whenever I boot the computer the Windows Boot Manager opens and asks me to choose an operating system. This is not a dual-boot configuration, I want it to boot to Windows 7 all the time. How can I get the computer to boot to Windows 7 without pausing at the boot manager?

Howdy,

What did it have on there before and what choices does the boot manager have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-boot-manager.974472/
Relevancy 81.7%

Says need disc but don't have how do I fic

Try this link it may help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92149-re-install-windows-7-boot-manager.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582624/windows-boot-manager/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,
heres the problem:
i had windows vista ultimate installed on a disk, then installed half of XP on another partition. (By half i mean i insatlled the installation files and when the comp rebooted i stoped)
Then i went into Vista and formatted the partition with xp.
After that when computer is restarted, i get Windows Boot Menu screen promting me to choose between 1. Windows Vista and 2. Previous version of windows. When i choose previous version, it says that a file is missing(obviously i formatted the partition).
Why didnt the startup XP siappear when i formatted? How can i remove XP from the Boot Manager?
Thanks in advnce for your help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-boot-manager-222030.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I downloaded the Windows 7 beta a week or two ago and want to try it out. I am running Windows XP now and do not want to uninsall it for a beta of anything.

It has been years since I dual booted anything and am having a hard time remembering how to set up a boot manager.

At the time, I used the one in Partition Magic but now, I umderstand that it will not work with NTFS partions. It was very easy to set up and that is all I remember about it.

An article I read recently said that Windows XP has a boot manager and it sounds like it should do the job but I cannot find instructions telling a way to install it before or after installing Windows 7.

I have created a partition for the beta but have not tried installing it.

Has anyone here used the XP boot manager?

Thanks

A:Windows XP Boot Manager?

I'd suggest putting w7 on its own HDD rather than take a chance it's mess up a perfectly good XP system .. When you have to remove it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-boot-manager.798219/
Relevancy 81.7%

I have re-installed windows vista on my machine and when i boot up it shows 2 vista installations... How do I get rid of the original so that it boots into vista without the boot manager message ?

First figure out which one it is then open msconfig by using the search in the start menu and go into the boot tab and delete the one that is not needed. Also make sure you check make permanent.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197813-windows-boot-manager.html