Windows Support Forum

Hard disk error long dst failure pavilion 11-n010dx

Q: Hard disk error long dst failure pavilion 11-n010dx

I realize after researching the error that my only solution is to replace my hard drive but I need some advice on what exactly I need in regards to a new hard drive. Not very tech-saavy. Please advise.Failure id 9fnhbr-7b783q-xd7v6k-61ed03.Thank you for any help.

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hard disk error long dst failure pavilion 11-n010dx

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hard disk error long dst failure pavilion 11-n010dx

Here is the Service Manual: Manual Hard drive replacement is shown on page 36 of the Manual. Your laptop, by the specs, came with a 500 gig 5400 rpm drive. This model only uses the superslim 7mm hard drives so that is what you need to buy. There are also options for an M.2 solid state drive or a regular-sized SATA solid state drive in lieu of the slower 5400 rpm mechanical drive. In other words, this would be your opportunity to speed it up a bit. This would be a 7200 rpm mechanical drive of 500 gigs and would be a nice replacement at a low cost: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Laptop-7200RPM-Cache-ST500LM021/dp/B00ISKS416/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462017567&sr=8-2&keywords=7mm+laptop+hard+drive Solid state drive which would replace the hard drive: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462017682&sr=1-1&keywords=Samsung+850+Evo If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-disk-error-long-dst-failure-pavilion-11-n010dx/td-p/5603063
Relevancy 86.86%

While running the hard drive check from bios it shows  - Long DST: Failed. Failure ID: 9G857W-68W83H-XD7X1F-619B03PRODUCT ID: B3Y76EA#ACB. What does it mean? The SSD is out of service? Should it be replaced?

A:Long DST hard disk check failure

Yes the 128 gig SSD is bad and has to be replaced. Here is the Service Manual: Manual See p. 35.  These are the HP Parts: 128-GB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD) 689953-001256-GB mSATA solid-state drive (SSD) 689955-001 This would work: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-mSATA-2-Inch-MZ-M5E250BW/dp/B00TGIVTP2/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid... If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Long-DST-hard-disk-check-failure/td-p/5594661
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Model No- HP Pavilion Slimline s in Desktop PC Refer to the link http h www hp com ewfr wc softwareCategory os amp lc en amp cc us amp dlc en imminent s3760in problem ST3320813AS: is Slimline failure HP Desktop in Pavilion disk PC Hard amp ST3320813AS: Hard disk failure is imminent problem in HP Pavilion Slimline s3760in Desktop PC sw lang amp product Computer came with pre-installed Vista Home Premium -bit and recently did clean installation of windows professional -bit My PC was not in use for more than months and when i turned on i get message on screen ST AS Hard disk failure is imminent Please backup your hard disk and have it replaced Press lt F gt for Setup lt F gt to continue If you enter setup and go to S M A R T check and when u scan for SMART Short Self Test and SMART Extended Self Test message displays Test finished Failed SMART Self Test Status Value - Completed the test but the failed element unknown Test finished Failed SMART Extended Self Test Status Value - Completed the test but the failed element unknown Few days back i have ST3320813AS: Hard disk failure is imminent problem in HP Pavilion Slimline s3760in Desktop PC installed AVG PC tuner and when i scan for Hard disk Health it showed some error in reading amd writing i am not sure about it because cant remember exactly Scanned full hard disk for Error-checking the drive for errors and check quot Automatically fix file system errors quot and quot Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors quot but dint find any bad sectors and system errors i had run SeaTools for Windows application from Seagate and it says important firmware update is available as i am having recent firmware revision HP A for model number ST AS So my doubt is that shall i proceed with this firmware update quot Download Firmware Update Utility BR-SD B exe quot from this link http knowledge seagate com articles en US FAQ en language en USc Product Family ADesktop SATA COperating System AWindows or Vista amp fs Search amp pn will there be any problem after updating this firmware how to fix this SMART hard disk failure problem Please provide the solution as soon as possible

A:ST3320813AS: Hard disk failure is imminent problem in HP Pavilion Slimline s3760in Desktop PC

Your data is the first priority to concern. Please back up all your data from that old HD because it is going to die soon. It is better than you run all kinds of dat recovery tools before it is too late.

Aftet back up, you can try to fix it. But, you still do not have much confident to use it as a normal working HD. In last, replace it with another new HD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462146/st3320813as-hard-disk-failure-is-imminent-problem-in-hp-pavilion-slimline-s3760in-desktop-pc/
Relevancy 76.54%

I was playing EVE, and an error popped up saying that I should backup my data and replace my hard disk, yet I hear no signs of hard disk failure, and the disk management says that the disk is healthy. MegaDan5 thinks I might have a virus. Should I still make a backup just in case, though?

I forget the exact words of the message, but here's a paraphrased transcript:

"Hard disk failure imminent. Backup your data and replace the hard disk"

A:Hard disk failure error, yet disk is healthy

Can you post a screenshot?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489483/hard-disk-failure-error-yet-disk-is-healthy/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hp Pavilion Dv7 Notebook Pc, With OS! Windows 7 home premium 64bit.Error message:-  Hard Disk 1 (301) - it sound like there could be a malwareVirus on it. Got AVG Internet Security 2012 on the notebook. I don't knowThe guys at the Shop where I bought it said I must not update the notebook'ssoftware & drivers to much.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I solve a "Hard disk 1 (301)" error on my HP Pavilion...

Hard Disk 1 (301) is a hard drive failure. It means that the hard drive needs to be replaced.You'll need to get a new hard drive and install it, then you'll need to reinstall the Windows operating system using the HP Recovery Media. If you're in warranty, HP will send you the parts per your warranty terms.If you're out of warranty, you'll need to purchase a replacement hard drive and then call HP to order the HP Recovery Media for your specific notebook.The number for US support is 1-800-474-6836.I will be glad to answer any additional questions or provide more details if you'd like to replace it yourself. It's not too difficult.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-solve-a-quot-Hard-disk-1-301-quot-error-on-my-HP/td-p/2187899
Relevancy 74.82%

I recently "upgraded" from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The other day I think my hard disk reached 100% and I got the following error code "9GC47F-5RE83S-MFGH5F-60XF03" - what does this code mean? Perhaps a virus filled up my disk? i have been running antivirus checks weekly ( SpyBot ). I recently installed Kodi and am wondering if it used up all my emaining space...I get the WIndows 10 screen but have no keyboard response when i hit any key so i can't get to the Windows 10 logon prompt to enter my password - it kust hangs up just before you get to that prompt. Is my system crashed permanently? What can I do to fix it?

A:Notebook Pavilion g3 hard disk error code - what does this m...

Hi, The 24 character error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the boot issues you describe. If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. If you are out of warranty and would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know - include the full Model No. and Product No. of your g3 series notebook - see Here for a further explanation. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Notebook-Pavilion-g3-hard-disk-error-code-what-does-this/td-p/5604714
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a Pavilion Elite HPE-210-y with a 3rd master disk error, it tells me to hit F2, but without a boot disk I keep going around in circles. Any suggestions? Im about to just go get another computer, but need some of the things on this computer. Thanks!!

A:Pavilion Elite HPE-210y 3rd master hard disk error

I have an HP Pavillion 23 Touchsmart. The same thing happended to me 6 months after purchase. Tech Support said the hard drive needed replacing which they did. Same day I received it back it was doing the sane thing. Tech support said they dont know why they replaced the hard drive, it needs can new mother board. They replaced the mother board. Received it back, it still does the same thing. Frustrating .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-Elite-HPE-210y-3rd-master-hard-disk-error/td-p/5603548
Relevancy 73.96%

I got a message that the boot drive does not exist.  I have run the procedureces on the website (reset bios, removing the battery, reseating the hard drive, etc.) but still get the message tha the hard drive doesn't exist.  The laptop (pavilion dm4, windows 7) was running fine last night.  Never any indication of a problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

A:Boot problem- Hard Disk Does Not Exist error (Pavilion dm4, ...

Hello stevegmail. I understand that you're receiving a hard disk does not exist error. Is this correct?Have you noticed any other problems such as blue screens in the time before this occurred? I know you state the notebook was working fine but a lot of people wouldn't connect the two events.It sounds like the hard drive has died on you. The only other cause of this sort of error would be a bad connection between the notebook and the hard drive. However, this would've normally been resolved by reseating the hard drive. Could you also provide me the product number of the notebook? This document can show you how to locate that.I will await your reply; have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Boot-problem-Hard-Disk-Does-Not-Exist-error-Pavilion-dm4/td-p/2221899
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a HP Pavilion x360 11-n010dx notebook and I would like to be able to have/ use the Miracast/WiDi feature that the Windows 10 Anniversary update is suppose to have. I have the options to use the connect app and project the screen but I can not connect any devices to either. I pretty much just want to know if my pc is able to support the feature and how I would go about adding it to my pc? Ive tried looking everywhere for help so  If someone can help me Id appreciate it. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Is-my-Hp-Pavilion-11-n010dx-x360-compatible-with-the-WiDi/td-p/5807644
Relevancy 73.53%

Am using  HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC,i upgraded windows 8.1 to windows 10 now my touchscreen is not working,i have updated all the drivers,windows thrue windows update but stil nothing,any idea please help....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-11-n010dx-x360-PC-touchscreen-not-working/td-p/5788232
Relevancy 73.53%

HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC (ENERGY STAR) I have the blue screen and the code is 70917582 does anyone have the password for it

A:HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC (ENERGY STAR)

@Justinfreed? Enter   65675504 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-11-n010dx-x360-PC-ENERGY-STAR/td-p/5620757
Relevancy 73.1%

hi I have windows vista on an acer aspire about an hour ago I got an error message that said quot error. system detected hard disk failure system error hard disk failure detected quot after that I got about error messages all layered on top of each other with options I can t remember I was system error. hard disk failure detected then reading about this possible virus online when my desktop folders disappeared and soon the computer shut itself off I restarted and got all the error messages again but was able to get on to the internet under the start menu all the programs were gone but when I went to all programs you could see them but again the computer shut itself off after i tried to close some of the error windows which were blocking my view of the web browser now I tried to restart my computer again but it will not start instead it is giving me a window with the option to repair or restore I am on my phone posting to this site hoping someone can help I do not have a cd dvd drive btw

A:system error. hard disk failure detected

Have you ran mbam yet?
http://www.malwarebytes.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460576/system-error-hard-disk-failure-detected/
Relevancy 73.1%

Along with a slew of quot System message - Write Fault Error quot Popups and a Popup that has a bunch of what I assume is Russian Chars that ends with quot DFS has stopped working quot the top Popup reads quot System Error Hard Disk failure detected quot I have read the Prep guide and will include Hard System Error. detected Disk failure the output of DDS below Looking forward to getting this crap off of my machine Thanks for being here your expertise is much appreciated DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD NETWORK Internet Explorer Run by Don at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated - - EA -ABB - System Error. Hard Disk failure detected B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Enabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe System Error. Hard Disk failure detected -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system mfevtps exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Windows helppane exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page System Error. Hard Disk failure detected URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cndt uStart Page hxxp www foxnews com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO vShare Plugin c - bb- -af e- faedacf - C Program Files x vShare vshare toolbar dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcieplg dll BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll BHO HP Smart ... Read more

A:System Error. Hard Disk failure detected

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469789/system-error-hard-disk-failure-detected/
Relevancy 73.1%

the desktop background is now black a get a dozen pop ups that states System Message - Write Fault Error A write command during the test Hard System Detected Disk Failure Error. has failed This may be due to media or read write error The system gemeratesan exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address Then I get a pop up that states System Error Hard Disk Failure Detected It s System Error. Hard Disk Failure Detected highly recomended to run a complete HDD scan to prevent loss of personal files Run Scan or Close and Restart The desktop has been wipe clean except for the the recycle bin internet explorer which doesn t work amp windows explore All my other files amp programs are gone There is also nothing in the start up System Error. Hard Disk Failure Detected menue except for windows word Not even the control panel is showing Starting in Safe Mode the desktop amp start menue are the same except i dont get the pop ups i wanted to try and run rkill from my flash drive but i cant even get to the driver to start it Any help would be great Thanks

A:System Error. Hard Disk Failure Detected

Boot into safemode with networkingDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467181/system-error-hard-disk-failure-detected/
Relevancy 73.1%

I originally posted on the quot Am I Infected quot Forum but think it probably will end Detected Failure Error. Hard Disk System up here Apologies for posting on both Good Morning Have run into a problem removing some malware We have successfully removed malware from this and other computers in the past but ran into an issue this morning Computer is running XP SP This morning we found that there were a large of number of quot critical hard drive quot alerts both in the task bar and in pop ups Red icon in taskbar with white x in it None of those files were clicked and we rebooted into safe mode with networking However once logged in as the same user that was logged in previously we are unable to run rkill exe or several of its renamed versions and are also unable to install malwarebytes Both programs receive quot access denied quot errors Appreciate any assistance System Error. Hard Disk Failure Detected that can be provided Wanted to add a little more information The main dialog box lots of cascading dialog boxes listed quot System Error Hard Disk Failure detected It s highly recommended to run complete HDD scan to prevent loss of personal files quot The two buttons were scan and repair or cancel and restart Didn t click any of these In the taskbar the pop up says quot Critical Error Drive sector not found error quot Thanks again

A:System Error. Hard Disk Failure Detected

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/460893 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, you should not bother creating a GMER log. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GMER logAs I am just... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460893/system-error-hard-disk-failure-detected/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hard disk type Seagate SATA Model Number SeaTools, of DST hard failed DST the do hard Short g has My and passed disk Long disk ST AS Serial Number RA J H Firmware Revision AAD OS XP SP Mother Borad Intel GCCR My hard disk has passed Short DST and failed Long DST of SeaTools do the hard disk going to fail If yes how to transfer my data to a new hard disk easily Complete description of the issue I have experienced boot up issue with my PC days back My PC not even boot into safe mode also I got the following blue screen errors on successive restart of PC A x xC F x x FBA X B STOP C Unable to locate component c x E XC X C XF E XF E I have removed and replaced the hard disk several times I can boot into windows now and can work normally But one of the above Blue sreen My hard disk has passed Short DST and failed Long DST of SeaTools, do the hard disk g errors is coming all of sudden while working on PC It is happening independent of the application I am using And the following messages are coming at the XP welcome screen and while working on the PC A C windows system drivers etc netloc wlt has corrupted and unreadable Perform CKDSK B C windows system drivers etc APPFCONT DAT has corrupted and unreadable Perform CKDSK C C windows system drivers etc idsflt cfg bck has corrupted and unreadable Perform CKDSK D Cagefile sys has corrupted and unreadable Perform CKDSK I have performed CHKDSK on all local drives exept local drive C CHKDSK giving a message that quot can not directly access C drive quot I have performed virus scan with the following software and no virus has found Panda Internet Security Malware Bytes Spybot TrendMicro Housecall Performed Seagate s my hard disk is a seagate hard disk SeaTools hard disk tests Short DST Pass Long DST Fail HDtune software test Pass ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security TPSrv exe C PROGRAM FILES PANDA SECURITY PANDA INTERNET SECURITY WebProxy exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Security PavShld pavprsrv exe c program files panda security panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PsImSvc exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PskSvc exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security pavsrv exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security APVXDWIN EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files ViGlance ViGlance exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PavBckPT exe C Program Files Sify Broadband BBClient exe C Program Files Sify Broadband BBImpSec exe C Program Files Java jre bin java exe C WINDOWS system cmd exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ping exe C Program Files The KMPlayer KMPlayer exe C Program Files Panda Security Panda Internet Security PAVJOBS EXE C Program Files Googl... Read more

A:My hard disk has passed Short DST and failed Long DST of SeaTools, do the hard disk g

In a Run box, enter "chkdsk /r"
You'll be asked if you want to run chkdsk at the next reboot. Enter "Y".
Reboot, and be prepared to wait, as it may take a long time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hard-disk-has-passed-short-dst-and-failed-long-dst-of-seatools-do-the-hard-disk-g.860682/
Relevancy 72.67%

HELLO MY NAME IS TREVON AND I BROUGHT MY LAPTOP FROM A FRIEND WHO WASNT USING IT NO MORE BECAUSE HIS HARD DRIVE DIED ON HIM I HAVE PURCHASED A BRAND NEW HARD DRIVE FROM ONLINE 500GB WORKS WELL I OURCHASED WINDOWS 8.1 AD INSTALLED IT BUT AS SOON AS I FINISHED SETTING IT UP  I INSTALLED EVERYTHING RIGHT I REALIZED THE TOUCH SCREEN ISNT WOKING PERIOD ONLY  TIME THE TOUCH SCREEN WORKS IS IN THE BIOS SYSTEM THATS WEIRD I THOUGHT SO I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING  FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS FOR A DRIVER OR HELP  SO ID FIGURE ID COME TO YOU GUYS 

A:HP PAVILION X360 11-N010DX NO TOUCH SCREE DRIVER NEED HELP

Hi @SALEEN-KIDD  Welcome to the HP Support Forums! In answer to your request, the drivers for that model of notebook can be found here:HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC (ENERGY STAR) - Software & Drivers I hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-PAVILION-X360-11-N010DX-NO-TOUCH-SCREE-DRIVER-NEED-HELP/td-p/4861010
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello Received the quot System Error Hard Disk Failure quot virus message I ran RKill in Safe Mode and then tried to run TDSSKiller but it would not run Was able to run Malwarebyte and it found several infections which I cleaned REstarted my computer again in Safe Mode and ran DeFogger exe DDS and tried to run GMER When I tried to run GMER I recieved several errors See attached Word Document titled quot GMER Error popups doc or Error. Hard GMER "System Cant TDSSKiller run Failure" virus. Disk quot Also attached is the Attach txt and DDS txt files from the DDS application DDS Log information DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Steve at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch C WINDOWS system svchost -k rpcss C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Disabled DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - No File BHO Disabled EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - No File BHO Disabled D - C - ABF- ECC- C - No File BHO Disabled AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - No File BHO Disabled AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - No File BHO Disabled C EB - - - F- CF AE DC C - No File BHO Disabled D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File BHO Disabled E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d "System Error. Hard Disk Failure" virus. Cant run TDSSKiller or GMER f - c-b eb-d daf d "System Error. Hard Disk Failure" virus. Cant run TDSSKiller or GMER d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Ask Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d "System Error. Hard Disk Failure" virus. Cant run TDSSKiller or GMER - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB GamingWonderland a d- f- a -be a- e fa ea - c program files gamingwonderland bar bin gtbar dll TB FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot mRun DLCCCATS rundll c windows system spool drivers w x DLCCtime dll RunDLLEntry mRun MSC quot c program files microsoft security client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun Garmin Lifetime Updater c program files garmin lifetime updater GarminLifetime exe StartMinimized mRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleanup rundll exe quot c documents and settings all users application data malwarebytes malwarebytes anti-malware cleanup dll quot ProcessCleanupScript dRun DWQueuedReporting quot c progra common micros dw dwtrig exe quot -t IE amp Search - http tbedits gamingwonderland com one-toolbaredits menusearch jhtml s amp p Z xdm YYus amp si amp a - - CF-AF F- A EED amp n IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network D... Read more

A:"System Error. Hard Disk Failure" virus. Cant run TDSSKiller or GMER

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464564/system-error-hard-disk-failure-virus-cant-run-tdsskiller-or-gmer/
Relevancy 71.38%

My company s computer needs to be patitioned partition Hard-disk hard-disk do failure disk. Can't boot nor format when using and reformat The system is still working well Can't format hard-disk nor do partition when using boot disk. Hard-disk failure I mean nothing wrong with anything weird huh Ok the hard disk just need to be split I mean make drive C amp D on the hard disk I know how to do that easy Then the HD need to Can't format hard-disk nor do partition when using boot disk. Hard-disk failure be formatted amp reinstall windows XP Ok easy too But the main problem occured before I do anything partition amp format I have my own bootable CD that I usually use for partitioning amp formatting Ok i insert the CD amp restart I went to BIOS amp changed the boot order st boot CD-ROM nd HDD- amp rd Floppy Then restart again Ok the bootable CD is excellently loaded I typed fdisk then came the first problem it says something like no fixed disk I exit fdisk Then I typed format c nd problem occured it says something like invalid drive I forgot the error message because the pc is in my office right now I m currently at home begging for help So the error message is not accurate sorry I think if I run the CD the hard disk will not be loaded or should I say hard disk failure amp If I take off the CD amp restart again change the BIOS st boot HDD- then windows will load Weird right I don t think my CD is corrupted nor broken because I tried to run the CD from another PC Yes I can access the C drive from that PC Does anyone have any idea of the possibilities here Hard disk failure when running a win bootable CD bad BIOS setting File System Thanks nbsp

A:Can't format hard-disk nor do partition when using boot disk. Hard-disk failure

It sounds like it might be the bootable CD you've created is not picking up the HDD's/partitions.
To eliminate this as a posibility travel to bootdisk and grab the WinME bootdisk and boot from there. If it picks up the HDD you can FDISK and Format from there.
The other option is to boot using the XP CD and let it handle the formatting/partitioning duties...

patio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-format-hard-disk-nor-do-partition-when-using-boot-disk-hard-disk-failure.25613/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, New here and hope I am posting at the right place.

We were attacked by the fake "System Error. Hard disk failure detected" virus as detailed here:

http://www.deletevirus.net/system-error-hard-disk-failure-detected-fake-alert/

I removed the virus using MBAM and followed instructions here:

http://www.deletevirus.net/how-to-restore-files-missing-because-of-virus/

to recover some shortcuts on the desktop and the Start menu.

Now the IE favorite is still empty. Is it possible to recover and if so how? Thanks!

OS is Win 7 64 bit.

A:How to recover IE favorites after "System Error. Hard disk failure detected" attack

If you have followed that guide then you may be still infected.Do not turn off your restore points.It may help us restore IE favoritesDownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467447/how-to-recover-ie-favorites-after-system-error-hard-disk-failure-detected-attack/
Relevancy 68.8%

Windows XP sp2 wont boot from hard disk.

After much to do turns out my computer doesnt recognise the hard disk.

I have a seagate 500Gb SATA hard drive, its about a year old, the computer doesnt get hot in the slightest and it shouldnt be dead. I checked the wiring, as far as i can see, its all fine.

only conclusion i come to is that my hard disk is kaput which it shouldnt be. Can anyone give me any other possible solutions to try out before i cry and/or spend money on a new one? theres a lot of data on it i dont want to lose.

If not, ill plug it in to another computer to check, i havent done that yet because it will take me hours - i can only unscrew the hard drive from one side without rearranging the room.

ty!

A:Hard disk boot failure -> computer won't recognise hard disk

Is your Seagate the 7200.11 series?

We've been seeing a lot of harddrive issues layely that has nothing to do with the drive itself but bad SATA cables aas the cause. Do you have another one you can switch out?

When you say the computer doesn't recognize it we're talking the BIOS here, correct?

Another suggestion is what you have already suggested but I would "slave" it in antother system and see if you can access it that way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-boot-failure-computer-wont-recognise-hard-disk.150755/
Relevancy 67.94%

hi there,below is the error message I received - with hard disk test -- What does this mean? Testing Drive: 1SMART Check: FAILEDFAILURE ID: 9C06TT-5B762N-9XL02K-60BV03 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:SMART hard disk failure FAILURE ID: 9C06TT-5B762N-9XL02K-60B...

Hi, The drive on the link below is an example of one that would be fine for your notebook. 500Gb Hard Drive The procedure to replace the Hard Drive starts on Page 43 of your Maintenance & Service Guide. Once done, simply use your Recovery DVDs to reinstall the Operating System on the new drive. If you don't have your Recovery Discs, you can order a replacement set using the link below. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334 If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here.?Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SMART-hard-disk-failure-FAILURE-ID-9C06TT-5B762N-9XL02K/td-p/1363277
Relevancy 66.22%

Computer screen will not turn on. Black screen and caps lock blinks. What do I do

A:hard reset on pavilon 11x360 11-n010dx

Hi @kenneyjosh ,Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilon 11x360 11-n010dx Notebook and issues with the Screen turning on. Here is a link to computer screen remains blank. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say ?Thanks? for helping.I work on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-reset-on-pavilon-11x360-11-n010dx/td-p/5035992
Relevancy 66.22%

With VERY FEW HOURS of operating time on this machine, it appears that the 1TB hard drive has failed. (No boot disc error message) Although running HP extebsive diadnostic reports all OK. Have removed and reinstalled the HD several times as per one suggestion and used contact cleaner with no results. Highly dissapointed at this time and with more than 17,000 youtube views from "others" along with many others experiencing the same issue on other forums. In my opinion having been a quality control engineer/manager in manufacturing, HP should have extended the warranty to purchasers of this computer at no cost and performed repairs to consumers at no cost for a known issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-drive-failure-HP-Pavilion-23-all-in-one/td-p/5718275
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi i have a Gb western digital hard drive with C and D drives i partitioned Press Insert System And Enter Disk Disk Hard Boot Failure them the D drive has all my gaming applications on it and the C drive has all the files for windows and other crap like firefox etc I was once reformatting to XP from Vista and in the middle of reformat my computer shut down causing a major problem the answer was my graphics card died Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter now i have an EVGA Mb GT with DX I brought the drive Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter to my neighbors house and he can use it just fine it boots and everything but the problem is that when i bring it to my house and i insert the drive it goes to the Nvidia Boot Agent and after a while displays HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER My current BIOS Boot order is Floppy CD and then Hard Disk Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter I don t know why it wont boot but the copy of XP has been verified and it works great on my friends computer why won t it start on mine Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter.637598/
Relevancy 65.79%

when starting my computer, and no boot disk is inserted, i get the error message:"HARD DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK PRESS ENTER" when a boot disk is inserted, windows xp starts up if no button is pressed after a boot disk is inserted. I cant work out how to boot from hard disk immediately, and it is set as primary boot device. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!

A:Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk Press Enter

Just go into the Bios and (For my motherbaord) in Advanced BIOS Features, set primary, seconday etc boot devices as you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.40225/
Relevancy 65.79%

hi sir im vijay im usin tb segate new hard disk sir in my system i cant able to boot my os and also my hard disk its showin that hard disk boot failure insert system disk press enter i restarted many times its sayin the same problem in my gigabite mobo bios my hard disk is not get detected sir the problem is that wen im installin the new os for nd time its all went nice only sir but at the completion of the os it wil ask for system enter disk press failure boot insert hard disk the user name and password but in my system its frozen sir fully of black screen and i cant able to do anythin so i restarted my system from that im gettin this error as hard disk boot failure insert system disk press enter that my new hard disk and all of my data is in that hard disk only this problem arises wen im installing the os for nd time sir till now its showin the same error sir plz help me im so confused

A:hard disk boot failure insert system disk press enter

Repair MBR:

Boot From the Windows Install Disc
The first thing you?ll need to do is boot off the install disc, and then click through until you see the ?Repair your computer? link in the lower left-hand corner.
You?ll need to choose the correct installation of Windows and then click the Next button.
And then you?ll get to the System Recovery Options screen, where you can get to the Command Prompt.

Repairing the Master Boot Record:

If you want to restore the master boot record, you can simply type in the following command:

bootrec /fixmbr

You can also write a new boot sector onto the system partition with this command (which is often more useful):

bootrec /fixboot

And of course, if you just use bootrec /? you?ll be able to see all the options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221838-hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-press-enter.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I woke up today with SSOD after leaving the lapop leeping overnight. I have tried repairing, restoring, but with no luck. HP Extended disc diagnostics tell me that there is hard disc failure. My warrenty has just run out! How do I replace the hard drive and restore the operating system etc?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-drive-failure-Pavilion-15-Notebook/td-p/5823323
Relevancy 65.36%

I woke up today with SSOD after leaving the lapop sleeping overnight. I have tried repairing, restoring, but with no luck. HP Extended disc diagnostics tell me that there is hard disc failure. My warrenty has just run out! How do I replace the hard drive and restore the operating system etc?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-drive-failure-Pavilion-15-Notebook/td-p/5823327
Relevancy 65.36%

I formatted my hard drive today and after a reboot I got the message quot Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk And Press Enter quot If I insert my Vista disk hit f at startup and go to boot screen click on boot from CD then bypass the boot from CD option it will start Vista I have checked my boot sequence and it shows booting from the right drive My hard drives are SATA Im stumped fellas Asus M N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard Two Hard drives but the second just for Disk Hard Disk Insert Boot Failure System backup not in RAID This is what my system information tool says Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk on the hard drives Type Vendor Model Size Interface Temperature Direct Access Device HDS VLSA SCSI Disk Device GBytes IDE RAID Direct Access Device Western Digital WDC WD AAJS- PSA SCSI Disk Device GBytes IDE RAID Direct Access Device SanDisk SanDisk U Cruzer Micro USB Device MBytes USB USB DVD TSSTcorp SanDisk U Cruzer Micro USB Device USBSTOR RAID DVD SanDisk TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S N SCSI CdRom Device SCSI USB

A:Hard Disk Boot Failure Insert System Disk

UPDATE:

Changed my partition to active and re-booted, gave me this: "BOOTMGR missing"

Tried to repair with CD and the operating system was showing up on D:, dont know if this is usual but thought it show show C:

Went to Cromt in repair option and tried to rebuild bootmgr with this command:
"bootrec/rebuildbcd" restarted computer............BOOTMGR missing

Was then able to boot from second hard drive (D from boot screen.......finally gave up and formatted again......works fine now.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/256946-hard-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk.html
Relevancy 64.5%

The hard drive on my Pavilion dv6-6108us is failing and I need to replace that baby asap. I would like to look into SATA drives and SSD. How do I look for a compatible drive for my system? Any suggestions out there. Thanks for any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-dv6-6108us-hard-drive-failure-and-compatibility/td-p/5626427
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there I was wandering if anyone could help me out I am running XP pro and although i recently updated with SP the PC appeared to be ok Now when i try to boot up i get DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER If i put my operating disk in it loads the various files and proceeds to windows setup if i chose to set up windows XP now ie re -install the whole system it goes to the licence agreement then to the windows xp professional setup offering options either to set up windows on the selected item or create a partition or delete the partition Most imporantly in the box below it states mb disk o at Id on bus on atapi and underneath lt setup cannot access this disk gt which is the Disk disk boot hard missing failure and worrying In the bios it appears to be able to detect the fact that there is a hard disk drive available If i do press enter at this stage a darker blue screen appears stating that a problem has been detected and that windown has shut down to prevent damage It then goes on to suggest things that are not possible ie boot into safe mode ofr update or Disk boot failure and the missing hard disk disable drivers it gives the following technical information which for me as a beginner is as much use as a wooden eye It say STOP XOOOOOOO e OXCOOOOOO Disk boot failure and the missing hard disk OXF C CFD OXF A X Setupdd sys- adrress F C FD base at f d datestamp d dd f whatever that means If there is anyone who can help i would appreciate it I assume the hard drive is ok and the connections are too nbsp

A:Disk boot failure and the missing hard disk

Moved to Windows. This is not a business applications issue. Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disk-boot-failure-and-the-missing-hard-disk.284950/
Relevancy 64.5%

As I try to boot my laptop (a different computer than the one on which I have a malware thread ongoing) - IBM Thinkpad T41, I get the message: ERROR - 0200: Failure Fixed Disk: 1. Press F1 to setup, which brings up the IBM bios setup screen - with which I do not know what to do.

While I do have the backup of my user files, I do not have boot/recovery disk, I think. Am searching for something like that...

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 64.5%

After doing the system tune up for hard drive ( or something like that), a lot of things passed, expect for one thing, called Hard Disk Long DST. Does that mean I need a new hard drive? I have some important data on it, but I only backed it up on it's D drive. Is there a cost-friendly place to recover the data? Or could I do it myself?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-Disk-Long-DST-FAILED/td-p/5852187
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi

I hope this is the right place to post this!

On my external hard disk I have two folders with long names which I can't delete.
How would I be able to delete them?

Thank you

Vizionex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-long-undeletable-folders.686660/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi dear forum goers Today I ran into a problem with my SHuttle XPC system It does NOT load the OS anymore I don t know if it s an OS or HDD problem I turned it off last night no problems moreso than usual and when I went to turn it on this morning this message came up quot Warning failure??! disk OS Hard failure? the boot devices have been Hard disk failure? OS failure??! changed BBS Boot priority Hard disk failure? OS failure??! will be affected Please enter setup to check quot So i entered setup and found that my CD-rom drive had been made Primary boot device and that my Maxtor drive had been made slave So i changed the primary boot device to Hard disk but I could not make my Maxtor drive become Master Should I SO after I saved and exited it at least went into loading But then normally when it loads this white bar at the bottom of the black screen and then goes into the XP home SP loading screen it just stops and sits there Maybe forever who knows So I went and tried to load it in Safe mode with networking but that prompted the following black screen FULL of text Multi disk rdisk partition windows system drivers And then a whole LIST of drivers like wmilib sys acpi sys pci sys isapnp sys pciide sys mountmgr sys mup sys ntfs sys disk sys fitmgr sys and a whole page I didn t catch What does this mean DO i just need a new hard drive drive s about years old Maxtor Gb i think or is the OS ready to be reinstalled again Thank you very much Jeremy nbsp

A:Hard disk failure? OS failure??!

I would try first to repair, if it doesn't work, reinstall, if it doesn't work then replace the drive

Thats a weird thing to happen out of nowhere

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-failure-os-failure.96358/
Relevancy 62.35%

hey guys

im trying to restore my hp pavilion lap top to factory settings.. while im formating it it always stop at 23% what can i do?? i need help

A:Hp pavilion hard disk format

Are you attempting to format the OS hard drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/174033-hp-pavilion-hard-disk-format.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi nbsp As stated I have an HP envy laptop that I purchased year ago Just days ago my warranty has ended At the same point in time I was also trying to roll back to a previous windows install as there was a pesky app that was installed when I lend the laptop to my friend When I got it back it works just fine but it had that malware in it that I want to remove nbsp So I fired up system restore and go on restoring It finished doing so until nbsp it restarts When it restarts I was stuck in the loading screen with the HP logo for hours to which I decide to fire up the restore through the recovery media All works well until I got stuck in the installation I got stuck at When I searched on the internet why the reason might be because the wi-fi adapter is still on I am able to open it SM... Long Short DST check but Disk DST and passed Hard failed, up and take it off for a moment But because I need to go to work I decided against it I turned the laptop off and set off nbsp When I got back I can't even let it proceed to the installation saying that there's an issue with teh windows install and it needs to reboot Did that same thing several times and nothing happened nbsp Then I decided to go to BIOS and do the hard disk check It passed the SMART test but failed the Short DST as well as Long DST It produced the error code nbsp MFUC T- RG K-CD WMG- DK nbsp Is it possible for me to resolve the issue by my own through another reinstall Or is the HDD really is ruined If this is the case I'm probably just going to go ahead and replace it with an SSD

A:Hard Disk Short DST and Long DST check failed, but passed SM...

Whenever the Hard Disk Short DST test fails that indicates that the Hard Disk Drive has failed and that requires a replacement to resolve the issue This issue could be due to Application or driver conflicts, virus issues, file corruptions due to incompatible applications, improper shutdowns, update failures due to conflicts, sudden power surges, if notebook is dropped etc.. HP will provide a replacement Hard Disk Drive if the Notebook warranty is Active, If not you need buy a SATA Hard Disk Drive from a retail shop nearby Please make sure you are getting at least equal capacity as the original one in order to use Recovery Disks. If you need you can buy a larger, but not smaller capacity Hard Disk Drive. For example if you have a 500GB Hard Disk Drive you can upgrade it to 750GB Hard Disk Drive but not 320GB Hard Disk Drive Please try the below shown troubleshooting steps once:Step 01. Remove the battery and unplug the AC/Power AdapterStep 02. Press and hold the Power button for more than 30 SecondsStep 03. Plug in the AC/Power Adapter (leave the Battery out for now)Step 04. Press the Power button and check if the Unit works normal If the above mentioned steps does not help, then you can try reseating the Hard Drive on your Notebook If the issue persists again please Contact HP if your HP Notebook is under warranty, HP would replace the Hard Disk Drive and provide you a Recovery media to restore factory operating system after replacement (if you've not yet created Recovery Discs/USB Media) Note: Back up all the personal data to an external drive if it's possible. Otherwise you could connect the failed HDD via SATA to USB adapter with another PC or same PC after replacement of HDD & re-installation of OS and try copying /recovering the files. You can also refer to the below shown link for further supporthttp://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop Please click on the link In order to Identify, Prevent, Diagnose & Recover from Drive Failures on HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State Drives :http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf  You can Check your warranty Here to verify the status and Click Here to order a new Hard Drive  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-Short-DST-and-Long-DST-check-failed-but-passed/td-p/5830647
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm trying to install a PC with Windows 7 threw USB (2.0). Therefore I've used Windows USB/DVD Tool.
To note, I've installed a NEW hard drive, the old one broke down due to it's age.

Now I'm getting the next message: DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK.

I've tried setting the boot sequence but none of that helped, I keep getting the same message.

Thanks in advance,

Momkay

A:Windows 7 Installation error DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK

Normally means that the hard drive is not detected. Check its connections, plugged securely into SATA1 port with no others attached, data and power cable securely attached.

Then enter BIOS setup by tapping the key given for that on the first screen. Is the hard drive registering anywhere there? It often will be represented by its Serial Number.

Reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI, Save settings and Exit.

Proceed to Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/371738-windows-7-installation-error-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Everyone I'm hoping to get some help I had a power outage while my WD Elements TB Hard drive was on I wasn't accessing it but apparently that was enough I had a lot of important data on it but losing External "Bad failure. after Hard power disk" Drive failure hope after unsuccessful attempts to use PhotoRec to get items off it It doesn't show as accessible in MyComputer but is detected I've included what it shows under the quot Manage quot view of the drive I've also tried MiniTool Partition but it doesn't seem to be able to fix the partition I've also tried Partition Bad Disk and it just shows the whole TB drive as one bad block It won't let me fix it either Does anyone have any other bits of advice I'm at a loss as what to do It seems the data is not recoverable I can't figure out how to get it to show or even how to use it again Please see attachments I'm grateful for any ideas help please Thank you

A:External Hard Drive failure. "Bad disk" after power failure

Hello dime5150. Welcome to the forum

In PW, did you try "Rebuild MBR"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348517-external-hard-drive-failure-bad-disk-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 61.92%

'This device cannot find enough free resources...'

'Controller Disk Failure

Only 2 icons on desktop

Can not restoreHard drive controller failure

A:Controller Disk Failure, Serious Disk Error Writing Drive C

if u deal with HardDriveDiagnostic read this tread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-hard-drive-diagnostic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474056/controller-disk-failure-serious-disk-error-writing-drive-c/
Relevancy 61.92%

Smart hard disk error
The smart hard disk check has deceted an imminent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the hard disk test in system diagostics.

Hard disk 1 (301)

F2 system diagostics

Enter-continue startup

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup

A:my laptop HP pavilion has probleme of hard disk

Welcome to the forums!

You really didn't ask a question......... so I'm going with this . Yes as recommended I would IMMEDIATELY back up anything essential and/or wanted before your drive dies. I would also ensure all your recovery media is ready.

We have many fine tutorials here, heres one on how to replace your drive.

SATA Hard Drive - How to Install and Setup

We also have tutorials on how to re-install windows, here's a couple of those

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Clean Install Windows 7

Hope these help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300676-my-laptop-hp-pavilion-has-probleme-hard-disk.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a HP Pavilion dv Notebook and when I turn it on it goes to a window that says Windows Error Recovery up at the top and than it says Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix HP HELP!! Hard Notebook 6500 Pavilion Disk the HP Pavilion 6500 Notebook Hard Disk HELP!! problem So I choose Launch Startup Repair recommended and then it takes me to another window that states the same Windows failed to start to fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settins and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair your computer quot I insert the CD and restart the computer but it goes back to the same window I also tried to do a system recovery but that did not work In BIOS I went to diagnostics and ran a quot Primary Hard Disk Self Test quot and it said that the status of the test is - Replace Hard Disk but I don t have the money at this time to go and buy a new one So I was wondering if I find a recovery CD on the Web would that fix the problem It also says something about booting from a network adapter What exactly is that and could that work nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-6500-notebook-hard-disk-help.830313/
Relevancy 61.92%

I would like to upgrade my ram and my hard drive, for a better performances.Reading this manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04438537 I see :"Supports up to 12 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600MHz module), (select models only)"I'm a little bit confused about "select model only"which models?is Mine one of these?I also read about supporting Hybrid Hard Disk (SSHD), but nothing about the normal SSD.Could anybody confirm that this model supports SSD? Which one?Any help will be appreciateThanks a lot. I would use Windows 10 and Ubuntu, both of them with a 64-bit operating system

A:Upgrading Ram and Hard Disk in Pavilion Dv5 15-n213sl

It actually will take 16 gigs of RAM (2 x 8). And yes, you can install a solid state drive.  Service Manual Page 42 for memory replacement.  8 GB memory module PC3L 12800 1600Mhz Shared 693374-001 http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Technology-1600MHz-PC3-12800-KVR16LS11/dp/B00CQ35HBQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UT... Page 59 for hard drive replacement. Not so easy. Any SATA SSD 2.5 inches wide and 9.5 or 7 mm thick will work but I recommend this one: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-2-5-Inch-Internal-MZ-75E250B-AM/dp/B00OAJ412U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1... If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-Ram-and-Hard-Disk-in-Pavilion-Dv5-15-n213sl/td-p/5595592
Relevancy 61.92%

HelloI'm having this problem with my laptop and i hope someone can help me.So at first I've started to get a few blue screen failures with the error saying "unexpected store exception" or "critical process died". It happened quite often after my battery was ruined and I had to keep the pc plugged in all the time.Then it started showing a smart disk error (301) screen at the startup, but to continue i had to press the enter button. After that smart error screen started showing up the blue screens with the same errors started occuring very frequently,Like I'm on the computer for just 2 minutes and it happens, And even sometimes It doesn't restart it gets stuck at 100%.So my question is: Is it possible to change my hard disk and if so will it fix the problem for me and how much will it cost?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-replacing-hp-pavilion-sleekbook-hard-disk-possible/td-p/5645768
Relevancy 61.49%

Can someone please help me.... I keep getting this message
windows detected a hard disk problem
back up your files immediatly to prevent informaation loss, and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk

name:STS9160821AS ATA
volume:C:/D:/
HP pavillion dv6000
windows vista home premium 32

A:Hard disk failure

Do you have backups of your important data?I suggest download and run the free trial of HDDControl:http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/p..._0065___USD.htmThe program is a time limited but not feature limited trial, and is simple to use. It will show a report of the SMART (Self Monitoring and Reporting Technology) status of the drive. By the sound of it, the drives SMART status will show it is experiencing significant errors, and is likely to fail before too long. If so, it would be best to replace it while it still works, so the current system installation can be cloned across to a new drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337835/hard-disk-failure/
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently I've been experiencing loss of data, with a lot of text missing from a few Word documents.After wrecking my brain tryinf to figure out what the problem might be, today I ran a system diagnostic from the BIOS, and it turned out that my hard disk failed all over the line. It failed the short DST check, the long DST check, and the Optimized DST check.Obviously I'm going to replace the had disk as soon as I can, but does anybody know whether the missing text can be recovered?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-disk-failure/td-p/5709032
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all Yesterday my pc worked fine Today when I start my computer the dell loading screen comes up The bar reaches full stays like that for like seconds then takes me to a blank screen There I get the message SATA primary disk drive failure Press F to continue or F to go to setup utility Pressing F gives no bootable device F just takes me to bios settings I am having windows enterprise I have had this issue before in the past months it has happened like to times usually I just took the hard disk cable out and plugged it back in it worked everytime This time it doesn t Hard Failure Disk In the morning when i started the pc for the very first time the windows loaded in a peculiar way and took me to windows repair there i got the message that windows was trying to recover hard disk data or something like that and that it may take over an hour I let it do what it wanted to do for like half an hour i waited still the Hard Disk Failure same message appeared so I cancelled it it said the current operation cannot be cancelled After that i just stopped the power and restarted pc This time it just gave the drive failure thing didnt take me to recover Hard Disk Failure screen And it has been like that since then I have checked the cables they are plugged right The bios sees my hard disk there are of them For the SATA drive it does not show capacity it says unknown which I think is weird The capacity for the other drive it shows alright Please help me all kinds of suggestions are welcome I am currently using my laptop - - Regards AngryFighter nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Got failure ID of 9BxTT9-5GU5PK-XD7Q3A-60Qv03 On product ID XH021UA#ABA  on Hard Disk 1 after clicked on a link that sent me to a shady website which started a fake virus scan program.  I immediately shut down my computer, then it won't restart.  Let me guess, complete hard drive failure and I need a new one?

A:Failure ID on Hard Disk 1

The failure ID is generated through HP Diagnostics available on the notebook. It indicates that your HDD is failing or has failed already. Your only option is to replace hard drive on the Notebook and use below link to order recovery disks for your Notebook.
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Failure-ID-on-Hard-Disk-1/td-p/854939
Relevancy 61.49%

My desktop with product id F3E94AAR#ABA has been given me an error message" HARD DISK FAILURE" WITH FAILURE ID ;U0F20M-7Q5845-9VUEMG-60DX03  THIS HAPPEN WHEN I WANT TO START IT ITS JUST 4 MONTH PLEASE KINDLY ASSIST 

Hallo Pamzy, This failure ID:  U0F20M-7Q5845-9VUEMG-60DX03 This failure ID is a HDD error 301More details.Hard Disk 1 SMART Hard Drive Detects Imminent FailureSince it's only 4 month old I would recommend you to contact the HP support in your country 

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-disk-failure/td-p/5617087
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All I have a SONY VAIO and recently I managed to drop my laptop and I think Failure Help Disk Hard I damaged my hard disk Now when I try to log on my computer screen gets to the Starting Windows screen but no logo and then automatically restarts It will not start in Safe Mode in any of the three options just kind of Hard Disk Failure Help sits in the Hard Disk Failure Help loading windows files screen and then restarts Trying to start from last good configuration does not work Right now I've obtained a windows professional installation disk and I can boot from disk up until the screen where it says install windows I choose quot repair my computer quot on that screen and the window disappears leaving me with the standard windows blue screen in the background and my cursor I just really want to move my files to a different hard drive Is it impossible without sending it to an expensive data recovery place Any help is appreciated Thank you

A:Hard Disk Failure Help

Boot into BIOS setup to see if the HD is detected anywhere: SATA or IDE storage drives, Boot Priority order, etc. If not then google how to replace your HD or disassemble your laptop to see how to access it, or read the Manual on the PC model's Support Downloads webpage for this information. Try reinstalling the HD to see if it can make better contact and be detected. If not you'll need to replace it.

Whether data can be recovered depends on how badly damaged it is. It may only be unable to be seated in the laptop's port contacts correctly. You can try a SATA cable plugged into a PC tower SATA port to see if that can read the data. If you don't have one then I'd take the drive into the Geek Squad and ask them if they can read it at all. Call ahead and ask an agent when he'd have time to do this for you. They usually are helpful and shouldn't charge you just to test it for read/write. But if it reads and writes then They'll want to charge you a bunch, in which case I'd then find an adpater cable to plug it into a SATA port on a tower which sometimes works better than a USB adapter to get your data easily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332987-hard-disk-failure-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

hai friends, i am new in you, i have a samsung 80gb sata hard disk, it is damaged by the over voltage, then i take it for the warranty, they said the data from this hdd cannot recover by any method, i have some most important files in it, so what i do? can i recover files from that hdd? please help me, iam so upset, please..

A:hard disk failure

Your only option if the hard drive wont spin is to tale it to a professional data recovery company as they may have some success.....but it is a fairly pricey service.
http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/d...very-services/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-disk-failure-252359.html
Relevancy 61.49%

So a friend of mine asked me to take a look at her laptop. Its an HP, running windows 7.

The laptop was sitting on the table when someone dropped a book down on to the table. The resulting shock caused the screen to go black.

Since then, any attempts to boot are stopped on the "starting windows" screen. I ran BIOS and it told me that the "Hard disk short DST" had failed.

However, I took the hard drive out and plugged it into an older laptop and it booted up without issue.

Needless to say I am at a loss on this one.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: if I let it go eventually it brings me to the welcome screen. Then it goes black with just the cursor. I can pull up the task manager. Its showing all of the processes for that user, but none of the actual system processes

A:Hard Disk Failure.

I would imagine that the disk connector has shaken loose or broken.
Try another disk in there temporarily, but boot from a USB or CD with Linux, or the likes of The UBCD and test the disk. That will at least help to tie down the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure.1139737/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys so I have an external 500gb WD drive, which i stupidly left plugged into the computer when i upgraded from 7077 to 7100. Now, when i plug it in, the computer detects the drive, but is incapable of accessing it. It also prompts me to format the drive before it can be used.

I have a lifetime of data in there and I really wish I do not have to do a reformat to get it back. Anyone can shed some light?

A:Hard disk failure. Help!

You likely left the factory exFat partition on it where you need to get the auto run file going to bring up the installer agiain since you are running a new installation of 7 there. One fast way for getting rid of that type of problem you can perform later once all files are backed up is simply reformatting it to NTFS.

With the serial number inhand go to the support site and download the zip for that model. You may need to see that unpacked to the drive by simply plugging it into an XP machine where the auto run and access to the drive will be seen. On the other machine you can then unpack the files onto the drive to replace the installer.

Which model do you have there? I went with the 500gb MyBook Essential and ran into a problem like that but had a ubuntu live cd plus dual boot of XP with Vista to see that corrected. While booted live with the distro the unpacked files can then be copied directly to the drive. Once plugged in after Windows is loaded the auto run will then see the installer appear afterwards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/7803-hard-disk-failure-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just tried rebooting my laptop a while ago and it started to make a reasonably loud clicking sound and is giving me an error saying
PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

I checked in the BIOS that the hard disk is higher in the Boot order. It doesn;'t seem to be finding the hard disk to boot from. Have I lost my hard disk for good ???

Thanks in advance,
Seema

A:Hard Disk Failure

The clicking sound is typically a seek error on a failed or failing hard drive.

If you can, take it somewhere where they can try and backup any files you may need and get the drive replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure.533296/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello My computer no longer boots up to the C drive I ran the powermax diagnostic with the following results Bios Extension Support failed Partition Information Read fail Smart Enable Function Failed Power connection Master slave jumpers and interface cable passed the powermax installation confirmation test I ran the powermax basic quick test and then the advanced test once Now even those two tests won t run anymore I tried to run fdisk mbr but the system cannot find the hard disk What puzzles me is that when powermax diagnostics hard failure? disk scanned for the drive it found quot via primary master Maxtor N P quot The drive seemed to be working fine before I opened hard disk failure? an attachment to an email After the system froze I rebooted and had trouble with error messages don t remember all of them I tried to reinstall Windows XP but it cannot find the hard drive I can hard disk failure? boot to the A drive and to the CD drive I tried to go from the A hard disk failure? drive to the C drive but it cannot find the C drive Can anybody help me to solve the problem Is all my data lost Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:hard disk failure?

Try posting in the correct forum, and you might get some more attention

Moved

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-failure.36615/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys My name is Matthew N Moreira You can call Failure having Hard I'm Disk me matt I heard of you guys from my gaming friend DrmWarrior He said that ou guys could help me with my Hard Disk Failure problem When I turn on my PC it says 'Hard Disk Failure is imminent Please back up your hard disk and have it replaced ' I am not a very techy guy but I try to fix all my computer problems on my own or with the help of friends or family I have a Sea Gate hard disk enternal and its model number is ST I'm having Hard Disk Failure AS however I can not get Seagate tools to read the Serial I'm having Hard Disk Failure Number The seagate support told me that I should see the serial number from the device itself on my pc But I don't know where to look He gave me a warranty validation form to fill I'm having Hard Disk Failure out but I need that serial number I'm thinking I might just back up my hard disk and replace it because I heard that I can get a good hard drive with gig for arround - I realy need help because I need my computer for school my GED courses online - and Gaming Thanks Matt

A:I'm having Hard Disk Failure

Hello Matt,

Open up your computer and usually down the bottom you should see your hard disk bays. Remove that hard disk (sometimes clips, screws, each computer is different) and the hard disk should pull out. Note, you may have to pull off the two cables first. Turn your hard disk over and look for a big label (usually white and on the bottom for Seagate) and there should be your serial number written on it. Note, if the label is not visible, then you may have to remove the plastic/metal casing around the hard disk. This IS NOT opening the hard disk, just removing the plastic that secures it to the hard disk bay. If you have trouble, just ask and to see what your label should look like, see here: SerialNumberLocator

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276848-im-having-hard-disk-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

This is a doosie (for me, anyway)

I have a Dell OmniPlex P133 with a WD 6GB working hard disk with Windows 98 installed.

On bootup, it gives me this:

Hard disk controller 0 Failure:
Press F1 to continue or F2 for setup.

F1 gets me a disk boot failure.

Dell BIOS programs are really wierd. It does not have a hard drive autodetect program, but is does about 40 options for different hard drives, none of which come close to what I have. I tried to manually set the hard drive specifications, but this hard drive has roughly 13,000 cylinders, and the area only has space for 4 digits. The size is automatically determined by the computer according the how many cylinders the drive has.

I also have no idea how to get the Landing Zone Sector for my hard drive.

Any ideas?

[Edited by alpha159 on 08-16-2001 at 11:52 PM]

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have windows ultimate and linux ubuntu installed on my laptop Last week i started to have slowing problems in windows like it took or minutes to load and sometimes when i clicked on some files from the second partitin i have partitions for windows one for system and the other for the rest of files and partition for ubuntu the computer failure? hard Possible disk would freeze without any Possible hard disk failure? memory or processor used it just stuck in place for - minutes Then i scanned C using Possible hard disk failure? chkdsk r command and it showed some problems with bitmap which were fixed I thought everything was ok but it wasn't so Same problems remained Then Possible hard disk failure? i waited untill wekeend to do a scan to D as well D is a GB partition with around GB used After hours from which around hours it stayed in stage out of files scan in which many bad clusters were detected and replaced it was finally finished Then i ran a reboot but surprise i got the following messages error hd out of disk grub resque or error no such partition or error out of disk or error unknown filesystem or a disk read error occured press ctr alt del to restart Then since it was night I went to sleep and after hours i reopened my laptop and found surprisingly GRUB to be working fine but when i entered windows it took around minutes to load everything and whenever i clicked on any element it would block for another - minutes Meanwhile if i entered linux everything would work fine until i accessed the windows partitions Also if i had to copy something from partition D some folders would copy but for other linux would block i guess chkdsk maybe didn't fix all bad clusters or there could be a physical error of hard disk In addition whenever i use the computer to copy files or to run any files i hear some noise from inside of laptop like some contacts are touched or something like that but a silent noise What do you think could it be a hardware related problem Also if it is so since my laptop is in warranty could i ask at the repair company to transfer all my data to another hard disk the problem is that i spent many days installing a lot of programs and games which occupied this space on D and i would like not to have done all my work in vain Also what could have caused the problem so suddenly Last time i remember i used driver genius to install latest updates for drivers could it be because of this My pc spec is samsung laptop with gb RAM intel core i - with ghz tb ATA SAMSUNG HN-M M and for video card i have an intel integrated video card and a nvidia gb video card for games and other applications Thank you for your future replies Yours emilyan

A:Possible hard disk failure?

Ironically, I am just finishing up a very similar 1-week experience with nearly identical symptoms... except I have a pure Win7 situation. Same story about 20 minutes to boot, obvious lengthy periods of system error recovery trying to read or write to the failing hard drive, etc.

After discovering the CHKDSK anomalies, and the apparent inability to permanently correct the problems (errors kept returning), and the increasingly worsening performance problems (like yours, with long periods of time with nothing happening) I concluded that my 4-year old WD 150GB 10Krpm 16MB cache Velociraptor hard drive was finally failing. It actually had about 17,000 hours of usage recorded over the 4 years, but it seemed to be approaching its "end of life".

So on Wednesday I quickly ordered a replacement (latest WD 250GB 10Krpm 64MB cache Velociraptor), which arrived on Friday. Using backup "system images" of the three partitions on the failing drive, I created those same three partitions on the new drive.

And, thankfully, sure enough it seemed that all of the last week's I/O-error recovery symptoms had completely disappeared! Windows startup and shutdown was now faster than I've ever seen, everything seemed to be completely corrected.

Needless to say I was proud of my ability to diagnose the symptoms and my decision to quickly replace the obviously dying drive.

Anyway, last night I put the machine (home-built desktop PC, Supermicro C2SBX board, Intel E6800, 4GB) into hibernation as I always do each night. And this morning much to my satisfaction it started up perfectly and behaved properly for about an hour.

Then, all of a sudden as I was composing an email, I noticed that "lockup" symptom had returned, as if the machine was once again involved with I/O error recovery on the hard drive. After 30 seconds I had a BSOD with "memory parity check" as the cause.

I then tried to re-boot, and both of my two SATA hard drives were no longer detected by the BIOS. My SCSI adapter and the attached SCSI drive was visible, but not the two SATA hard drives connected to the motherboard. Hmmm...

I then pulled the power cord and let the machine sit for a minute or two. Then I plugged it back in, re-booted, and the two SATA hard drives had reappeared! In fact, Windows started to boot. But it never got as far as presenting the desktop, before I saw a quick flash of blue screen and then the machine re-booted itself.

And on the next reboot sure enough those SATA drives were once again missing. And I've not been able to "recover" them since that time. They now appear to be permanently gone.

So, I have concluded that the SATA controllers on the motherboard have died. How this may have been tied to the "memory parity error" symptom I don't know. Whether this is tied to the CHKDSK failures on the former presumably failing hard drive (which had now been replaced), I'm sure it was.

Anyway, late today I decided that the motherboard had reached its "end of life". Even though the BIOS, CPU, memory, CD and SCSI drive, etc., were all still working, obviously the SATA controller had apparently died. Time to buy a new machine (keeping most of the old machine's case and peripheral devices).

So this evening I ordered a new ASUS P8Z77-V Pro motherboard, i5-3350p (non-graphics) CPU, 2x4GB PC3-12800 memory, and Noctua NH-U12P SE2 cooler. The old machine's innards were over 4 years old, but most of it can be used in the rebuild with the new parts. Should all be here by Wednesday and I will proceed with the "transplant surgery".
I still believe that the failing 4-year old hard drive was truly failing. But I wouldn't be surprised that the failing SATA controller on the motherboard was a contributing factor to the death of that drive.

Add in that "memory parity error" (which could be either a "victim" or a "culprit" to the story) and the answer is ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/259685-possible-hard-disk-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

Windows 7 64bit has popped up saying it has detected a HDD problem, I need to back up my files immediately. I installed a new 2TB HDD (Samsung HD204UI) a couple of months ago, surely it shouldn't be failing already? This is my secondery disk. Is this by any chance a malware or virsus playing tricks on me?

Please help?

A:New Hard Disk Failure

Devices can fail at any time, although its not normal for one to fail that fast.

Is the error message actually for your secondary drive? or is it referring to your primary drive?

Run chkdsk on the secondary drive and see if anything shows up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222895-new-hard-disk-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

When I checked Hard Disk on HP Basic Diagnostics, my laptop showed me:Smart Check: FAILEDFAILURE ID: PLMV48-676861-XD7X1F-60BC03PRODUCT ID: B4P92PA#UUFHard Disk1I thinked my HP might be fail the hardware, right?And what should I do with my HP?

A:Failure ID on Hard Disk 1

This error indicates that hard disk #1 is failing or has failed. The drive needs to be replaced to solve this issue. After the hard drive has been replaced, use the HP Recovery Media that you created when you first setup the computer to return the computer to a factory like state. If you didn't create this media, the media may be available for purchase from HP Customer Support for a nomimal fee. This method may only be valid in the US and Canada. Contact customer support in you region to see if you can request the media. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Failure-ID-on-Hard-Disk-1/td-p/5686554
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm new here and hope I'm in the right spot. I have a Fujitsu MPG3204AT, 20 GB. Win ME was getting rather unstable, so I ran scanreg /restore. The pc boot-up was fine but came up hard disk failure. Power and cables fine. Went into bios where pri was listed as none. Entered manually with no results, and the same on auto. I have power to the conn., but can't hear the hd motor or feel much vibration. Pretty smooth hd, right? Any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Put the drive in another computer or at least on the secondary IDE controller to be sure.

If BIOS can't autodetect it and the cables/power/jumpers are OK, then it's pretty clear your drive has gone to HD heaven.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-failure.46051/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hard disk diagnostics fail with error code GU077V-6R7899-MFGJXG-60SV03.  What is the remediation/repair for this?

Solved!
View Solution.

Dear Customer,  Whenever the Hard Disk Short DST test fails that indicates that the Hard Disk Drive has failed and that requires a replacement to resolve the issue This issue could be due to Application or driver conflicts, virus issues, file corruptions due to incompatible applications, improper shutdowns, update failures due to conflicts, sudden power surges, if notebook is dropped etc.. HP will provide a replacement Hard Disk Drive if the Notebook warranty is Active, If not you need buy a SATA Hard Disk Drive from a retail shop nearby Please make sure you are getting at least equal capacity as the original one in order to use Recovery Disks. If you need you can buy a larger, but not smaller capacity Hard Disk Drive. For example if you have a 500GB Hard Disk Drive you can upgrade it to 750GB Hard Disk Drive but not 320GB Hard Disk Drive Please try the below shown troubleshooting steps once:Step 01. Remove the battery and unplug the AC/Power AdapterStep 02. Press and hold the Power button for more than 30 SecondsStep 03. Plug in the AC/Power Adapter (leave the Battery out for now)Step 04. Press the Power button and check if the Unit works normal If the above mentioned steps does not help, then you can try reseating the Hard Drive on your Notebook If the issue persists again please Contact HP if your HP Notebook is under warranty, HP would replace the Hard Disk Drive and provide you a Recovery media to restore factory operating system after replacement (if you've not yet created Recovery Discs/USB Media) Note: Back up all the personal data to an external drive if it's possible. Otherwise you could connect the failed HDD via SATA to USB adapter with another PC or same PC after replacement of HDD & re-installation of OS and try copying /recovering the files. You can also refer to the below shown link for further supporthttp://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Data-from-the-Hard-Drive-of-a-Dead-Laptop Please click on the link In order to Identify, Prevent, Diagnose & Recover from Drive Failures on HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State Drives :http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf  You can Check your warranty Here to verify the status and Click Here to order a new Hard Drive  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-Failure/td-p/5821511
Relevancy 61.49%

I think I opened a file with a virus which asked me to update Adobe but I had clicked on an email link so I knew it was wrong Everytime I tried to close the Adobe window it re-opened I was in the middle of doing something so I did not want to re-start immediately In frustration and disk Hard failure after numerous click of quot cancel quot I accidentally clicked quot continue quot instead Nothing seemed to happen until I toggled to the desktop and realised half the shortcuts were missing I re-started and was then faced with Windows Vista Recovery Window It has tried to fix the errors but five remain Read time of hard disk clusters less than ms of HDD is unreadable Bad sectors on hard drive or damaged Hard disk failure file allocation table Boot sector of the hard drive disk is damaged Hard drive doesn t respond to system commands I am assuming this is a genuine windows scan Hard disk failure although I cannot close the Recovery window It is asking me to pay for quot advanced module quot - but in light of what has happended I do not know whether this is genuine I am running Malwarebytes Anti-malware now but it is extremely slow All programs are missing from the Start menu and most folders appear empty documents pictures music but I can see that Malwarebytes is scanning through them Thanks

Sounds like malware, moving post to Am I Infected forum where qualified persons will assist you .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399673/hard-disk-failure/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

I just want to ask, is my hard disk damaged?

Here's what happened, first it cannot load BCD, so i try to rebuild it, but nothings happen, next is I reformat may hdd, yes, win 7 installed fluently, but after I restart it won't continue on loading the windows, and restart the system automatically, after that it boot on repair, and it detects sector error on hard disk, then I let system repair to do it, after that it restart the system and boot again to system repair, and it was a loop...I already re installed by OS thrice.

Any one please help....

A:Hard disk possible failure

What is the make and model of your hard drive? You should visit the manufacturer's website and download their utilities and do a scan for problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242034-hard-disk-possible-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Komputer wysy?a do mnie komunikat o b??dzie dysku twardego.ID b??du: OGAM64-690895-XD7X1F-609S03 Jakim sposobem mo?na uratowa?/naprawi? dysk ?Czy po takim komunikacie b??du dysk twardy nalezy wymieni? ? Obecny dysk to TOSHIBA 2,5cala/1TB/Serial SATAII/5400 RPM. Jaki ewentualnie do wymiany dysk by?by zalcany ? Inne komunikaty z diagnostyki systemu:Hard Disk SMART Check: Failed Hard Disk Test: Failed Processor Check: PASSED Start-up: Failed Memory Test: PASSED Dzi?kuje za wszelkie wskazˇwki.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hard-disk-failure/td-p/5813499
Relevancy 61.49%

hello all.,\
i'm a pc user...recently i face a new problem that occured on my hard disk.
I don't confirm whether that is the problem with the hard disk or not.
This happen when i boot up my pc after a long time, the booting time is very very slow untill i can eat, bath and sleep. But i can boot my pc very quickly when my hd got store only 5GB of data.
When the used area attempt 10GB, i can feel that my PC running very slow.
I even cannot format it with a windows ME boot disk, defrag and scan it.
It happend since i bought a new motherboard, maybe it is related with the problem.

Thanks if somebody can give me a clue.

Try takeing all the jumpers off the drive except for cable select and see if the bios will recognize the drive. Also, a bios update may help, but should be viewed as one of the last resorts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure.149583/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, everyone. I got this message when booting up my computer: "Couldn't open boot partition to check for signature." or something like that. Is this a boot sector virus or just a corrupted hard disk? And if it is a virus, can I still save the disk with anti-virus utilities? Thanks.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hey all hope someone can help!!!!!!!!!

I boot comp get a message "smart hard disk detects imminent failure"

Press F1 to ignor........hit F1 boots fine....cant find scan disk to run surface...OS- windows 2000 with norton anti...all updated...help anyone know how to fix???????

Go to My Computer, right click the drive you want and select properties. There should be a tab for scandisk or it's 2000 equivelent.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure.66997/
Relevancy 61.49%

My PC had been running smoothly for months until I woke up yesterday. I had left my PC on overnight and during that time it seems the hard drive suffered from a mechanical failure. The drive is not being detected in the BIOS, but on boot it does sound like it's trying to spin up, but then it stops, and tries again. When I called Western Digital they said it might be a problem with the drive not receiving stable/sufficient power. I've tried the drive in another computer, only to receive the same results. It's not making any loud clicking sounds; it sounds like the drive is trying to spin up after coming off standby, but turns off again and repeats every 2-3 seconds. Hopefully there is some solution to this problem so that I might at least get my data off the drive.

Drive Model: Western Digital Raptor 160GB

Methinks you're SOL. If the drive never comes ready (fully up to speed), there's not a lot you can do to access the data on it. You can send it off and spend big $$ for data recovery, but you're not going to be able to do much with it yourself. How much is your data worth to you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure.867200/
Relevancy 61.49%

Dear HP nbsp I own a HP ENVY - ee Beats Edition Notebook PC I bought it in the year nbsp My Hard disk stopped working i guess Because when i turn on Failure Disk Hard the system i Hard Disk Failure can see a white hyphen mark on the top left of a black screen and it stays like that forever nbsp But I can hear the hard disk spinning nbsp So i removed the hard disk and i connected it to another PC to check if the problem is with the hard disk and the hard disk was not responding at all nbsp Clearly the hard disk needs replacement And i do not know where to go for this or how much they would charge me Its a MB HDD nbsp Kindly provide me some directions I live at Umm Al Quwain UAE nbsp And can you also tell me approximately how much amount i would be Hard Disk Failure charged nbsp A fast response would be appreciated nbsp Thank You nbsp Regards Greeny

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-Disk-Failure/td-p/5835162
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi

I am all of a sudden receiving and message that says this "failure predicted on hard disk 0. Warning immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent"

My laptop is a toshiba, I am running windows ME, have all the virus protections installed. This just started as I was surfing. I removed any new downloads but it is still happening. My computer is only 2 yeaars old I don't think my hard disk should be fried.

Is it toast or could it be something else??

Thanks,

Kelly

Relevancy 61.49%

I just turned my pc on as usual, and suddenly is shown an error message indicating that I have to do a backup of my hard drive and run a hard drive test from boot.  I followed the steps and the hard drive test shows the following info:  Testing Drive:1SMART Check: Failed Failure ID: 9LM48C-5LC84A-XD014J-608V03Product ID: LM754LA#ABM Hard disk 1 Hard Disk Test: FAILED What can I do?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:FAILURE ID ON HARD DISK 1

Hi, The 24 character error code is a failure of the short Disk Self Test ( DST ) and would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced. If your notebook is still under warranty, contact HP and arrange to have the drive replaced - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here. If you live in the US, contact HP Here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/FAILURE-ID-ON-HARD-DISK-1/td-p/5624546
Relevancy 61.49%

Failure ID: U0FE6J-1J287V-QFPJW1-60VU03Product ID: C9J17UT#ABAWhats going on?

A:Hard disk failure?

Sounds like the hard drive has failed and will need to be replaced. If you are  in warranty HP will send a replacement. If not a retail laptop SATA hard drive can be used.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-disk-failure/td-p/5760770
Relevancy 61.49%

At startup, I get a message that hard disk failure is emminent.  I ran diagnostics and received the folliwng Failure ID: 9BVWXV-7J488N-MFPV7A-60CN03 The Product ID of the notebook is:  J9M35UA#ABAThe Serial # is: 5CD451333M I don't think it is still under warranty, but need to know if I just need to replace the HDD.

A:HARD DISK 1 FAILURE

JHARTGRO Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that error message means that your hard drive has failed.It will need to be replaced.Once you have the replacement drive, you will need to use something known as HP Recovery Media to restore your PC to working condition. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks. You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/driversOnce there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update". If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entry and click on Order Media for details.Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836 If HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you should check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/ and http://www.restoredisks.com/Good Luck 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HARD-DISK-1-FAILURE/td-p/5791371
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I have an urgent problem and would appreciate any Hard HELP failure disk - advice on this Running XP on a Dell Inspiron Notebook It crashed during normal operation Original error STOP x ED x A E Hard disk failure - HELP xC x Reboot in safe mode didn t work It said quot Unmountable boot volume quot Later quot Unknown hard error C a quot After another boot quot x F quot quot following file is missing or corrupt windows system config system quot Reboot in Debug mode allowed the computer to progress well past the quot Welcome quot screen and I was able to see the icons on my desktop But the crash occurred again After reading up a bit on the web I booted from an XP CD went to the recovery console used the quot R quot option Didn t help Then tried fixboot bootcfg and even fixmbr as the last option After doing this when i try to boot nothing happens and there is just a blank screen Removing the disk from the laptop and attaching it as a slave to another computer using appropriate cable didn t recognize the drive at all More importantly by booting off of my CD I can still see the following partition FAT partition Unknown MB Unpartitioned space MB MB Disk at id on bin on ATAPI I have tried to call some quot Data Recovery quot companies but was dissatisfied with the type of response I got Didn t sound like these guys knew a great deal It is just my gut feeling and I could be wrong Doing more research I found BART-PE and GETDATABACK But I have no experience with these I am also told to first make an image of the disk before doing any recovery attempts Questions Does anyone have experience with these programs and should I give it a try Has anyone here used any of the data recovery companies with success Many thanks and best wishes Monosiga J nbsp

A:Hard disk failure - HELP

The System file is a Windows registry file, unique to each system. I have had a similar problem before, http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/758176-windows-xp-settings-drivers.html , this is the link to the thread I started, it may be helpful. In order to recover your data try using a Linux live cd and an external hard drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure-help.769517/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I purchased my computer in february fo this year Everything was fine until around October One morning i hard disk failure turned my computer on and i saw ST AS HARD DISK failure imminent back up your hard drive and have it replaced Since all of the software was installed when i purchased hard disk failure the computer i could only back up personal files Each time i turned on my computer i have to press F to get it to boot One day i attached a camera to the USB of the computer I accidentally pull it out without properly disconnecting the camera from the computer I left the computer running for a while and when I came back I saw the blue screen Driver IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL After that I cound not get my computer to boot at all At the time I was using Vista ULTIMATE I went on got a new operating system which i am currently using home Premium After trying for a long while I was able to installed it However I'm still having the same problems I still have to press F to boot my computer It take a longer time to boot and when ever I try to open a window it takes forever to open up It also freezes then go back to the blue screen Then shut down and restarts and then go to PXE-MOF Exiting NVIDIA BOOT AGENT DISK BOOT FAILURE insert SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER I put the disk in and then re-installed the operating system Unfortunately nothing changed it continues to run slowly and keep freezing I also did a disk check for the hard drive and it stated that the disk was working properly I reformatted the D drive and still nothing changed Could someone help me or do I need to purchase a new hard drive Thank you

Hi donuyute and welcome to the Vista Forums

With this PC being under one year old and having experienced all these problems I would investigate the possibilities of getting the unit repaired or replaced under warranty.

Also your supplier should have provided some means of re-installing your original Ultimate OS and not require you to replace the OS as you did.

This could be in the form of Disks or a repair partition on the drive.

You could go to the HDD manufacturer's website and check if they have a test program for the disk which may be run from a cd to check the actual status of the HDD as the symptoms suggest that the messages you received first of all were from the SMART disk monitor.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/197731-hard-disk-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi All, I am using HP dv2500 entertainment pc since 2007,when I switch it on yesterday,it was not booting up.When I ran Harddisk self check I got failure message.I tried to make new partition,but the HD is not detecting.Does it mean the my HD is gone???Do we have any option to recover the data?Product:  hp pavilion dv2500 and model is GS610EA#ABV. Can somebody advise hw to recover my data?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HARD-DISK-Failure/td-p/5657959
Relevancy 61.49%

My friend's pc is able to boot until a stage, where only background exists, nothing else. The system hang at that point. No desktop, no taskbar, no recycle bin... Only a plain background.

What possibilities that might cause this problem? I have checked his hardwares, which are working fine for proc,RAM,mobo, and gc. But when i swap his hdd to my pc, it failed to boot.

When i put his hdd as my slave hdd, I'm able to see and backup the files inside his hdd.

So, can anyone explain further about this scenario? Thanks you

Well, considering you could access the files on your computer, the HDD is probably find.
Using the HDD on your computer wouldn't work.
What might of happened, is a/some operating system files has become crupt.
Was it just a case of switching it off one day, then the next day, you switch it on, and it doesn't work?
If you back up all his files, and then re-install windows, it may work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-disk-failure-110983.html
Relevancy 61.49%

When I start my system I get the message WDC WD3200AAJS-65VWAD 12.01B02 Hard disk failure is iminent, backup and replace.
I have an another hard disk of the same model and want to know if I can tranfer all my data on to it along with the operating system.

Hello toopay,
You need to clone the drive, the sooner, the better.

EaseUs Disk Copy
DOWNLOAD

XXClone
DOWNLOAD

HDClone
DOWNLOAD

Self-Image
DOWNLOAD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure.880652/
Relevancy 61.49%

HiTrying to help niece recover her notebook she spilt liquid on it On booting - message reads -Boot device not foundPlease install an operating sytem on your hard diskHard disk FO F System diagnostics nbsp failure Hard disk Windows not loading but can get into the Bios Memory check is OKHard Disk test returns Smart Check Not installed Short DST not installed Have tried the power off routine removed the Harddrive - cleaned the circuit board on the HD gently with meths - thoroughly dried nbsp and re-inserted - still the same problem I'm guessing the hard drive is U S and needs replacing Questions How can I be sure it's just the HD What model of SATA drive am I looking for size If HD is U S how does the BIOS know what the O S is If I managed to load the O S from the DVD drive and it works OK is it safe to assume that all I need to do is replace the HD I'm guessing it Hard disk failure was Win Hard disk failure bit as opposed to bit - her mother divorced nbsp is unable to locate a recovery diskThanks in advanceLes

If you would be good enough to provide the model number or product number we can provide a step by step manual or video.  Very hard to be sure it is just the hard drive and the only way to know is to put one in and see if it is recognized or pull the old one out and test it by putting in another notebook or hooking to usb adapter. If the old drive is fine and not registering on the laptop you will know that the liquid spill caused motherboard damage. Is the hard drive spinning up at all..i.e can you hear it when you turn on the power or see activity light? In what country are you located? You need a 2.5 inch SATA hard drive 7mm or 9.5 mm thick and they are readily available on amazon.com or you can go to Best Buy or Frys and pick one up.  Laptops have not had recovery disks shipped with them for years. There was a recovery partition on the hard drive and when you first fire up the laptop out of the box it prompts you to make recovery disks but almost nobody does it and manages to keep them where they can be found years later. If she did not upgrade to Windows 10 then you need an 8.1 disk and yes it is almost surely 64 bit. We can confirm if you provide model number. If she had upgraded to Windows 10 you can simply download a recovery disk from Microsoft. HP likely has the 8.1 recovery disks for a nominal charge. Post back with any more questions. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-disk-failure/td-p/5730517
Relevancy 61.49%

Let me know the step by step procedure of window xp software reinstallation.
with regards
maung ko

Hello and Welcome to TSF!!!

You could just google that and you will find thousands of pages about explaining how to install operating system...

Here is one link:

Windows XP Step-by-Step

Hope this will help you mate...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-disk-failure-454409.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Win SE box that includes a GB Maxtor drive I use try? what disk failure, can hard I as storage for video files A few months ago all the files I had in a particular folder disappeared I thought I had a virus or something so I ran virus scan and thought I had it fixed Then a couple days ago I went to play a file and it was missing I decided I better back up my data by copying it to a larger HD I bought recently I started doing that and it said that it couldn t copy certain files I tried to run Scandisk for bad sectors and it made the computer lock up and crash When I hard disk failure, what can I try? restarted the comp the version of Scandisk that runs after a crash ran just fine So I tried a thorough Scandisk to look for bad sectors and the comp froze up again I also tried running the DOS version and that told me it couldn t read the FAT file system As this pt I figured I better copy as much stuff as possible I kept having problems w certain files that wouldn t copy but I managed to copy about of the drive before I had to quit for the night When I went back to work on it some more today I couldn t get the computer to even recognize the drive When the computer boots up the drive clicks a lot and whirs I also tried booting into DOS different IDE cables tapping the drive etc Nothing worked There s nothing especially important on the drive but I would like to recover what I can I ve heard that dropping from about quot up might either get it to work briefly or destroy it permanently So I could do that as a last hard disk failure, what can I try? resort but are there any other things I should try st What about different temperatures It seems weird that it worked reasonably well last hard disk failure, what can I try? night when the drive was warm and won t work at all now that it s cooled down nbsp

A:hard disk failure, what can I try?

I would say that dropping it would be a definite last resort (as in dropping it in the ash bin!). You could try sealing it in a ziplock bag and putting it in the freezer for a couple hours and then giving it a try. Some people claim to hae success with this. I have never tried it personally though. Back-ups are a way of life here. If you do try the freezer trick do it quickly because if it does work you may only get the one shot at recovering data. The Clicks you describe are most times referred to as the clickof death when it coms to hard drives.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disk-failure-what-can-i-try.498209/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I got a big problem with my harddisk. It is so screwed up !! This didn't happen to me last week but this week it's failing like crazy. When I turn on the computer, the hard disk has a oozzing sound repeatedly for like 10 seconds, then it goes to windows, and after I enter my password and stuff, the oozing sound occurs again, and goes to the desktop. When I want to go to a folder or open a problem such as IE, the disk wiould do the same sound a few times (as if it's checking for something) and then open the application half way, do it a few more times, then open the whole application. During access, the same problem occurs for alot of times!! What's wrong?? All the connections inside the computer are ok and I didn't change any thing on the hard disk! Help!!

Thx.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi i just made two partitions on my hard drive i have windows and windows failure Hard Disk xp in both of them I also have a secondary hard drive with a bunch of my stuff I just installed the both partitions like weeks ago Yesterday as i left it downloading photoshop all night i guess it messed up or something I restared only to see quot secondary Hard Disk failure disk fail quot in the screen where it detects your drives I Hard Disk failure disconnected the drive and connected it again I restarted again and didnt see the message so i started in windows and it wouldnt find it either In windows XP i look for it in the hardware section of the properties of my computer and it found it under hard disks But it wont access it Now i cant get all the stuff on my secondary drive Does anyone know how this could of happend Why How it could be fixed I really need the stuff thats in there Thank you nbsp

A:Hard Disk failure

ok Ill try running Checkdisk on Windows XP.
Neither of the Os's find the drive, but on XP i look under Device Manager and it is still there. I connected it correctly and the power supply is right too. It also finds it in bios, but it just cant access it i guess. Hopefully Checkdisk works.

How Do i run Chkdsk on a drive it cant find?

Edit: My windows 98 partition is FAT32 and my winxp is NTFS, and my secondary drive is FAT16. Is that BAD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disk-failure.2145/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
today when I turned on my computer,
my external hard disk was recognized as unknown and when oped sayed this message (bellow)
how do I recover this with 'mini tool partition wizard'

A:Hard Disk failure

Quote: Originally Posted by bhattkishan9

Hi,
today when I turned on my computer,
my external hard disk was recognized as unknown and when oped sayed this message (bellow)
how do I recover this with 'mini tool partition wizard'

Attachment 287354

Hi bhattkishan9,

It is getting listed as your Network drive and not removable drive. Do you have any Network drives that are setup on the system.

Check this harddrive on a different USB port and if possible then on a different system to isolate the issue.

If you can access the harddrive under command prompt then backup the data and then format the harddrive to check if it works correctly.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306256-hard-disk-failure.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Am having hard disk failure. Non of my app is working. Am Scared of loosing my important document.Failure I'd: GLGFX3-6LU86F-QFPJW1-61QS03Product I'd: C4Z00EA#BH5Hard disk drive capacity; 500GBHard disk 1

Hi,Sadly to say: Most of the time the 24 char failure id indicates the HDD is failing and need to be replaced. Is it still under warranry ? If Yes, please call HP for a replacement.In the US:    http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1or HP technical support: 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.  http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html Can you access to it now ? Otherwise you can try to use a HDD enclosure and with a bit of luck, you can recover data from a different computer.    Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hard-disk-failure/td-p/5701291
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok first off I want to say I've searched and searched and searched to no avail in trying to find a solution to this I've come failure not "disk Hard boot found Drive enter" and system insert press disk to the conclusion it's software and Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" not hardware based Let Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" me start from the top I've had an older computer HP Pavilion a x out Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" of commission for a while due to a 'sploded psu I finally get around to ordering one install it and everything is good I bring it back to my office and hook it up to the internet and as expected there's updates So I up date it and after the updates are installed the computer restarts automatically weird yes and as it's coming back on it detects errors and runs CHKDSK So I let it run and it gets to part of At this point in time my partner is really needing to print sometime and all computers print through this computer So after about minutes CHKDSK is still on part at only So I'm like quot screw it quot and manually shut down and restart It's at this point I get a quot primary master hard disk failure quot at the boot screen Letting start up continue I get a quot Stop c unknown hard error systemroot system ntdll dll quot At this point I realize something is delectably wrong Found this thread which didn't help much At some point the c error stops and I start getting quot disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter quot and I found this thread which didn't help much either I have also been searching other sites as well Here's what I found out that's important HDD shows up in BIOS HDD shows up at the boot screen Recovery console does not find the HDD Repair does not work becuase HDD is not detected HDD does not show up in other computers shows failure at boot screen Removed CMOS battery and replaced didn't help FDISK did not detect the HDD Drive is currently in the freezer Changed jumper to Cable Select no help Tried unsuccessfully to create a boot disk This drive is only gb I'm trying to retrieve files that are valuable to me If I can get these and the drive dies I'd be happen gb drives are laughable these days Any help would be GREATLY appreciated This is the first problem I haven't been able to solve with information that's already been posted Thanks in advance Get error quot Windows XP could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem Could not read from selected boot disk Check boot path and disk hardware Please check the Windows XP TM documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information Boot Failed quot

A:Hard Drive not found "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter"

Anything would be super helpful, even if it's bad news. I just need to know if I can get this remedied or not.

Another thing I noticed is that the HDD activity light on the front of the computer does not blink or show any activity.

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-drive-not-found-disk-boot-failure-insert-system-disk-and-press-enter-469255.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Chennai, INDIA where can get hard disk cable connector for HP Pavilion DV6-7010tx model laptop

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp pavilion dv6-7010tx hard disk connector cable

HiSATA connector cable comes as part of hard drive kit.HP part number: 682063-001 for hard drive hardware kit compatible in your model.Go through page 27 in this manual:http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03582006.pdfhttp://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=231308699162RegardsVisruth

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-dv6-7010tx-hard-disk-connector-cable/td-p/4586022
Relevancy 61.06%

Dear Forum Members, Requesting your help to find the HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Hard Disk Cable (one that connects Hard Disk to mother board). Looks like the cable should have 7+15 pins. Please help to find the right website to purchase this cable. I tried ebay, amazon etc in vain. Please treat this as urgent request and help me out. Thank You Regards,Venky

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6140tx-Hard-Disk-Cable-one-that-connects-HD/td-p/5649989
Relevancy 61.06%

i have an hp pavilion dv5000 and at first i had a "blue screen" problem so my friend thought reformatting my hard drive will help but no i have no OS and when i try to put one in it says like "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system" please help i dont know what to do

A:HP Pavilion dv5000 cant find a hard disk installed

How did you friend reformat the HDD?

1. Under Windows
2. Under Windows Setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv5000-cant-find-a-hard-disk-installed.78694/