Windows Support Forum

How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

Q: How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

i dont knw how to switch on the wirelss on my Envy

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: How do I enable (turn on) wireless on my Envy laptop?

Check the Lights on the F12 key if it is amber that means your wirelss is not on ..try to push the F12 Once it will turn Blue and thn try access the internetthat might help youGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-I-enable-turn-on-wireless-on-my-Envy-laptop/td-p/858735
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 Laptop with the Dell Truemobile 1300 WLan mini PCI Card
I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the Driver from the Dell website. I have install Network Stumbler and it keeps saying "No Aps Active. I Have MZC and Dellwirless turned off so that they will not conflict with NS. I have tried the FN + F2 keys and neither worked the FN and other keys work just fine. I have just completed a fresh install of Windows XP Pro as the old OS got corrupted. I would appreciate and other Ideas on this matter as I am starting to get frustrated! Thanks

Relevancy 68.37%

Noticed while using the laptop that it wasn't charging, even while plugged in.  Screen went blank, then all noise stopped. The charging light where the power adapter plugs is comes on when connected to power.  Replaced the internal power adapter and the entire power adapter cord, still nothing even after hard reboot where I tok out the battery and held the power button. Is it worth fixing? I've only had it two years.  Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Laptop-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5615325
Relevancy 66.65%

My Laptop was working fine. It was plugged in as to charge the battery. I went to bed, got up the next day to use my laptop. I pushed the power button and nothing happens. I made sure the battery was seated correctly and also the plug into the laptop and wall. I also tryed diffrent outlets in my home and nothing.

The only thing I ca tell you is that when I press the power button the light next to the power input blinks (3) times and then stops. Nothing more happens. That is all the information I can provide.

So can you please help me find a solution? My warranty has since expired.

S/N [Personal Information Removed]
P/N G6U51UA#ABA
Model: M7-K111DX

V/R
Scott

Solved!
View Solution.

A:My Envy Touchscreen M7-k111dx Laptop will not turn on.

Visruth,       I went and looked in the end of the power connector where it connects into the computer, and found the center pin on the power adapter was bent to oneside and this prevented it from seating correctly within the laptop.     I used a flat screw driver from an Eye Glass repair kit and bent it back to the middle.   Vala!     Everything is working fine, computer turned on and battery is charging.     I want to thank you for research and suggestions into my search for answers.    V/R    Scott

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Envy-Touchscreen-M7-k111dx-Laptop-will-not-turn-on/td-p/4915538
Relevancy 66.22%

I put my laptop on sleep mode. I later then try to on it . However, it has no reaction. I tried to power off it by holding onto the Power button, but it couldnt off.I then took the batt off, the power button is off, i then try to on it again. But it does not work. Though the adapter is working.( lights seen) . I could not on it. I tried the method given on youtube . Still not working. Any advice can you give me ?

A:Hp Envy Laptop (touchscreen) Sleep mode but cant turn on. I ...

Send me via email will be good too

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Envy-Laptop-touchscreen-Sleep-mode-but-cant-turn-on-I/td-p/5851315
Relevancy 62.78%

HELP!!!! I have an HP 2000 laptop and all of a sudden the wireless function will not work. no matter what I do the button stays orange. I do not have Wireless Assistant installed on this computer. I tried to download it from another computer and install to mine, but it stated that the version was not accepted. I have only had this computer 6 months. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:wireless will not enable on HP 2000 laptop

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers from Network Adapter and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Try doing a system restore to the date where unit was working fine. 4) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 5) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the wireless driver and install it then restart the unit. 6) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well. If still you have the same issue then you need to call HP Technical support and get the part replaced.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wireless-will-not-enable-on-HP-2000-laptop/td-p/1615339
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a HP Pavillian laptop that has built in wireless capability. A month ago, I installed a Verizon wireless pc card (slide-in) and the software, so that I could go online when away from home. I decided I didn't like the service so I cancelled it and uninstalled the VZ software. Now I can't receive a wireless signal at the library. It will not allow me to enable the WLAN assistant so any signals nearby are not seen.

What should I do?

Relevancy 62.78%

It doesn't work
And it says it has been disabled from the device manager
Plz help !

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi. everytime i start up my laptop i have to push this button to start my wireless internet. My wireless network is managed by xp, but a signal will not be detected untill i press that button. I want the wireless to connect automaticaly upon bootup. It does connect automaticaly once i press that button now. Any suggestions?

The integrated wireless nic is made by Ralink Tech.

A:Button to enable wireless on laptop (disable help)

You'll probably find all that in the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/button-to-enable-wireless-on-laptop-disable-help.39145/
Relevancy 61.92%

Nowadays wireless router is a basic device at home because wireless access point AP is required Sometime a wireless repeater is also needed in a big house especially that with a big yard Actually without wireless router only a Windows laptop can be turned into a WiFi hotpot or a wireless repeater Many Wireless with Laptop Wireless Windows Adapter One Turn into Repeater 7 discussions can be found Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter online regarding how to turn Windows laptop into a WiFi AP or virtual WIFI hotpot however the internet surfing is based on a local area connection If wanna extend a WIFI signal to an enhanced new wireless AP generally two wireless adapters are considered Here differently with only one wireless adapter but without rd-party software we can setup a wireless repeater in a Windows Home Basic or Home Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter Premium laptop with only one wireless adapter This can boost the wireless signal to smartphones tablet computers or other wireless devices Also the mobility and flexibility allow extending the signal to a yard or a garage conveniently as you want It is known that a virtual wireless adapter can be created with a third party software or only Windows built-in commands But in Windows Home Basic or Home Premium usually the virtual wireless adapter cannot be created or a hosted network cannot be started I found a specific approach to clear the issues We can follow the steps successful setup in my two Windows Home laptops Click Start point to All Programs click Accessories right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator A virtual wireless adapter can be created by command of netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid sameabcd key where sameabcd is your new ssid of the virtual AP key is the password for virtual AP If the virutal adapter named 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' cannot be created we have a specific method here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Local Area Connection to Wireless Network Connection see Fig again run the command above usually the virtual wireless adapter can be created If not update the driver of the wireless adapter If no again it means the wireless adapter does not support hosted network When the 'Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter' is created delete the bridge immediately Fig Start hosted network by netsh wlan start hostednetwork If the hosted network cannot be started similarly we still have a specific approach here Delete all temporary point to point ssid at Manage wireless networks in Network and Sharing Center and change all static IP to dynamic IP Then bridge Wireless Network Connection to Wireless Network Connection as shown in Fig run the above command again usually the hosted network can be started Then delete the bridge immediately and run the command again Go to Control Panel gt Network and Sharing Center gt Change adapter settings Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties Go to the Sharing tab and check quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection quot Then at the quot Select a private network connection quot drop down menu select Wireless Network Connection and click the OK button Searching the new created wireless signal you can now get your smartphone tablet computer or any wireless device connected to the new WiFi AP If do not need wireless repeater just stop it by netsh wlan stop hostednetwork to stop the wireless hosted network This method is free and no any rd-party software is required After you set up the hosted network for the first time you can just start or stop it by running following two batch files as administrator start bat netsh wlan start hostednetwork stop bat netsh wlan stop hostednetwork Or only one batch file as attached start-stop zip

A:Turn Windows 7 Laptop into Wireless Repeater with One Wireless Adapter

This method is available for starting soft AP of Windows 7 Home Premium laptop when set up repeater, some third party softwares or methods can create soft AP for Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254729-turn-windows-7-laptop-into-wireless-repeater-one-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My Wireless just quit working.  The button is orange and I can't press the button to make it blue(turn it on). It's as if the wireless adapter just quit.  I found a search back in 2009 that it was a known issue but that was other laptops. That issue made reference to BIOS.  Mine is:BIOS Version/Date           Hewlett-Packard F.52, 8/26/2009 Any other things I can test/check?

A:HP Laptop Wireless Adapter will not enable anymore Pressing...

@Scooter2368? System Driver Support Page:HP G60-530US Notebook PC The wireless button only works to engage Wireless when there is a functional Wireless network setup in place. From the How-to Section: Setting Up a New Connection to a Wireless Local Area Network (Windows 7) Creating a Wireless Home Network (Windows 7) You may need to reinstall your Wireless Driver: Control Panel > icon view > Device Manager > Open network to find which type of Wireless driver is needed for your system. From the Troubleshooting Section for your notebook:  Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection (Windows 7) Troubleshoot a Lost Internet or E-mail Connection on a Wireless Network (Windows 7) Wireless Network Connection Fails When Notebook is Switched to Battery Power When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-Wireless-Adapter-will-not-enable-anymore-Pressing/td-p/5697638
Relevancy 60.63%

Ok, I only use a 'hotspot' device from T-Mobile and have had zero problems.I also connect to my boyfriends Wifi and my work's wifi on occassion. And it has 'stopped' finding/connection to those networks.  I even tried my 'cell phone' as a hotspot too, which had worked in the past to no avail.My laptop IS NOT on Airplane mode. My 10 yr son has his own account and plays games via their schools portal and I'm thinking he may have hit a combination of keys that diabled my wifi... I am not seeing any type of ((0)) function key that could be easily pressed I'm reading all types of posts and I'm just not finding a fix.....  ANY ONE????

A:HP envy beastaudio laptop STOPPED connecting to wireless net...

Hello @CmbJrb16, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:HP Customer Support - Products In the meantime, have you installed any updates lately?  Did you try performing a System Restore, to put the notebook back to its previous working state?  Also, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great weekend!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-envy-beastaudio-laptop-STOPPED-connecting-to-wireless/td-p/5601422
Relevancy 60.2%

Port?g? R700-184
Part Number : PT311E-02Y01JEN

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to toggle wireless on/off using an external keyboard for the R700 whilst it is on it's docking station?

We only seem to be able to toggle wireless using the built in keyboard (Fn + F8) key.

Also, is there anyway that wireless can be set to off as default at boot up? Is this something that can be done through the BIOS or perhaps by tweaking a registry key?

Grateful for any assistance.

:-)

A:Enable/disable wireless whilst Laptop is docked (External Keyboard)

may seem like a silly question, but why can't you simply use the laptops keyboard????? or is it just a niggly type issue that you'd rather use external one?

unfortunatley the R700 doesnt have a hardware switch for the wireless so its purely mapped to the Fn key which is a toshiba function, so an external k/b is unlikely to be able to replicate it

you can always disable the wireless through W7 network and sharing centre -> change adaptor settings, so few clicks with the mouse or even shortcut it to taskbar/start menu for easy access.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62358-Enable-disable-wireless-whilst-Laptop-is-docked-(External-Keyboard)
Relevancy 57.62%

I am having trouble with my Optima Laptop.I was able to connect to wireless previously, but somehow, when I disabled it a few weeks ago,I can no longer turn it on.I cannot turn it on via the function F10 key, nor by the external switch.
I have tried to use Windows to enable it, but the error is -The channel selection for an ad hoc 802.11a adapter is disabled.
It seems to me the radio is Off...Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I have an Asus laptop running Windows 8.1. I have an hdmi cable connected to my tv with a wireless logitech keyboard and mouse. Is there anyway to turn the laptop without opening the lid by using the keyboard? I have searched and people suggested getting some external button which I am not looking for while others suggest hibernating the laptop which is also not an option as I use it only few times a week.
Thanks

A:Anyway to use wireless keyboard to turn on laptop?

If there's an option in the BIOS to turn it on by keyboard like on desktops, it might be worth a shot.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/36853-anyway-use-wireless-keyboard-turn-laptop.html
Relevancy 57.62%

error message says to turn on wireless capability eithier with switch on side or front ( is none) or with function keys...anyone know what function keys to press?  thanks so much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/how-do-you-turn-on-wireless-capability-on-hp-laptop/td-p/5710941
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys I need a wireless adapter that supports Ghz I have an older laptop that has some issues but the card in it works fine so I swapped it into this laptop It installs fine I updated the cannot in it Changed on laptop turn my wireless but adapter drivers etc but it will not 'turn on' When I troubleshoot it the error is that it is currently turned off The button to turn on and off my wireless doesn't do anything to change it so although its plugged in exactly the same as my other it's as if my wireless button is specially designed for original adapter only If it helps on my other laptop the wireless was switched on with Changed wireless adapter in my laptop but cannot turn it on a on off switch on the side of the laptop rather than one of the F keys The adapter in my laptop is a Ralink RT R The one I tried to install is a Intel Centrino advanced-n The laptop I am trying to install it on is a HP Pavilion G Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Changed wireless adapter in my laptop but cannot turn it on

Hi ... Did you check the Service Manual to see if the Card is supported ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/359890-changed-wireless-adapter-my-laptop-but-cannot-turn.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to enable virtualizion for Kaspersky Internet Securtiy on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook. I am using the Windows 10 operating system. How do I enable the virtualization?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-enable-virtulization-on-HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-in/td-p/5787928
Relevancy 55.9%

I am trying to enable virtualizion for Kaspersky Internet Securtiy on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook. I am using the Windows 10 operating system. How do I enable the virtualization?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-enable-virtulization-on-HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-in/td-p/5787928
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm trying to find out how to access BIOS to enable the VT-x setting, currently it is disabled in the BIOS for all CPU modes(VERR_VMX_MSR_ALL_VMX_DISABLED).I tried the reboot, pressing f10 but it still brings me right to windows and not to BIOS. Thanks for any help!Vani

A:how to access BIOS to enable the VT-x setting on a HP Envy 7...

Vani-G, welcome to the forum. I suggest that you try tapping the Esc key as soon as the computer begins to boot.  This will take you to a Menu where you can access the BIOS.  I am not certain, however, if you will have the VT-x setting.  HP doesn't always have all of the options to allow special features of components. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/how-to-access-BIOS-to-enable-the-VT-x-setting-on-a-HP-Envy/td-p/5585240
Relevancy 53.32%

I have looked all over the place and have even been tempted to call Microsoft's tech support if they had one and could find the number.

But I can't imagine its that hard to turn on/enable .NET Framework. I am running XP Home. I have found the ways how to do it in Windows 7 and 8 and thought it might be similar for XP, not the case or maybe it is and just haven't found it or its buried somewhere. I thought something like the attached screenshot would be easy enough to find to do it and seems it is for 7 and 8. I've been told its easy as checking/unchecking a box.

Again the attached image is what I am hoping is what I have to find on my OS but I believe its from Windows 7, 8 or maybe Vista but not sure as I don't have any experience with them.

A:How to turn on/enable .NET Framework

Apart from the Media Centre and Tablet PC editions, .NET Framework was not an OS component and so will not appear in the Add/Remove Windows Components list.

If it has been installed, .NET Framework will appear in the Add or Remove Programs list, so if it's not there you will need to download and install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530022/how-to-turn-onenable-net-framework/
Relevancy 52.89%

Just charged my notebook (Hp envy not sure which one but has the removable screen) Turned it off once the light turned white but now it won't turn on it has no removable battery and have tried holding the power switch for a minute but still nothing

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-envy-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5740002
Relevancy 52.89%

The back power light turns on I hit the power button it doesn't power up are light up can someone help me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-envy-20-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5671481
Relevancy 52.89%

My HP Envy Desktop, will not turn on.  I tried unplugging it and replugging in.  The green light on the back turns on when I plug it in, however when I press the on switch, absolutely nothing happens

A:Envy won't turn on

Although you did not state an exact model number, the generic PowerSupply (PSU) troubleshooter can be found here. What is bothersome is your description,  as pressing the switch might cause the green light (as stated) to turn - off.  Perform the step-by-step, without skipping anything.  Have the case open, and observe the CPU fan, and rear fan fan.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Envy-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5588735
Relevancy 52.89%

My fathers HP Envy M will not turn on or will on Envy HP M6 turn not charge nbsp nbsp nbsp I have nbsp the same computer so I can troubleshoot a few things using mine nbsp nbsp From swapping the simple parts around I can tell that the battery and charger nbsp is still functioning properly nbsp nbsp When nbsp plugged in there is no charge light nbsp When my good fully charged battery is put into his computer HP Envy M6 will not turn on it doesn't turn on nbsp It seems to be compeltely dead nbsp I have tried the reset where you remove the battery hold the power button for a minute plug in the power cord and push the power button it didn't work nbsp nbsp I understand there is a seperate circuit for the power cord nbsp If this is defective would it only be charging that is affected nbsp I put a known fully charged battery in and still nothing so if this circuit is defective would the computer also be non functional on battery power nbsp I'm looking for any suggestions that might help or point to the defect

A:HP Envy M6 will not turn on

I am having the same issue, is there something possible to do for getting it working back?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-M6-will-not-turn-on/td-p/2839533
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Win 7 Home Premium.

Is there an easy way to disable my wireless connection so that (a) it does not enable itself after a reboot, and (b) I don't need to implement the complete process to re-enable the wireless?

Under normal circumstances, the re-enable after a reboot is fine. I can disconnect WiFi from the system tray, and it reconnects after reboot.

But sometimes, I might want wireless to remain disabled after reboot. For example, if I'm doing a database restore, and the database starts synching after a reboot (such as Evernote), it could cause problems :-)

At the moment, I simply switch off the router until the database restore is complete.

A:How to turn off WiFi so that it does not re-enable after reboot?

Just don`t let it connect.

Doesn`t the laptop have an on off switch for wireless ? Most laptops do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401516-how-turn-off-wifi-so-does-not-re-enable-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have Win 7 Home Premium.

Is there an easy way to disable my wireless connection so that (a) it does not enable itself after a reboot, and (b) I don't need to implement the complete process to re-enable the wireless?

Under normal circumstances, the re-enable after a reboot is fine. I can disconnect WiFi from the system tray, and it reconnects after reboot.

But sometimes, I might want wireless to remain disabled after reboot. For example, if I'm doing a database restore, and the database starts synching after a reboot (such as Evernote), it could cause problems :-)

At the moment, I simply switch off the router until the database restore is complete.

A:How to turn off WiFi so that it does not re-enable after reboot?

Just don`t let it connect.

Doesn`t the laptop have an on off switch for wireless ? Most laptops do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401516-how-turn-off-wifi-so-does-not-re-enable-after-reboot.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Just got a new T420 and tried the webcam feature but unfortunately it doesn't work. When Fn+F6 is press I only see the audio settings. I installed the latest driver from LENOVO and rebooted the system but it's still the same, just the audio settings. Updated the communication & hotkey as well but did not help.Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks,-ruki101

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Cannot enable or turn-on webcam on T420

As you are unable to use the webcam in your ThinkPad T420. I would suggest you to please re-install the Integrated Camera Driver from the below mentioned web link.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_SG/downloads/default.page?

After that please perform the following settings.
Press Fn+F6. The Communications settings window opens.Click the Manage Settings button. The Communications Utility window opens.In the Communications Utility window, configure the camera settings depending on your individual needs.

Regards,
Sameer

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Cannot-enable-or-turn-on-webcam-on-T420/td-p/761775
Relevancy 52.46%

HP ENVY x2 11-g001tu I just went to use it and it started up and I think it locked up so i turned it off and now it on turn on again, I hold down the power button and it does nothing. Is there another way I can reset it if its locked up ??? The tablet part has the windows button on it and that is lit up constantly, I put it on the charger over night, but its still the same. It wont  work either way conected to the base or  unplugged. Thanks for any suggestions. 

A:Hp Envy X2 Wont turn on.

Remove any discs, any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices (printers, scanners, external hard drives, and similar). Do not have anything connected to the notebook.

After you have removed all discs and devices, try to turn on the computer. What happens this time?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Envy-X2-Wont-turn-on/td-p/2358857
Relevancy 52.46%

I own an HP Envy TouchSmart Notebook PC on Envy won't HP 15 TouchSmart turn product number E K UA ABA and Model -j cl I had a couple plastic screw inserts that hold the right side hinge to the top cover of the laptop break due to very high strength of the HP Envy TouchSmart 15 won't turn on hinges which caused the top cover of the laptop to pry apart from the base enclosure when opened a problem many owners of this laptop model have had Since I was out of warranty I ordered a replacement on Ebay using the correct part number - HP Envy TouchSmart 15 won't turn on and disassembled my laptop to make the repairs and loosen the hinges while I was at it I swapped out all parts being careful to note where and how plugs and ribbons were connected so I could put it back together correctly Now after having it reassembled it will not turn on I get a white LED light to turn on when I plug in the power cord AC adapter should be amber orange in color to signify it is charging the battery but no other sounds lights or signs of life I have attempted to remove the battery and power cord pressed the power button for - seconds to drain power and do a reset and then try to power up with plugging in the power cord but it won t turn on I also tried to power up by removing one part at a time including the hard drive two RAM sticks and wireless card but still not able to turn on Do you have any ideas for what may be wrong or steps I can take to troubleshoot Is this possible a mother board issue Everything was working fine before embarking on this repair Link to maintenance and service guide http h www hp com ctg Manual c

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588177/hp-envy-touchsmart-15-wont-turn-on/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I'm having troubles turning my laptop on. I have a Hp Envy 15 Touchsmart. I've tried doing a reboot by taking the battery out and holding power for a minute and trying to reboot it but nothing happened. It was plugged in and fully charged when it turned off. The charging light is still on when it is plugged into the wall.A few weeks ago it randomly restarted and shut off when I was watching a movie on it but it rebooted no problem.My phone fell out of my hand 3 nights ago and landed just left of the track pad when it shut off and won't turn back on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-envy-15-touchsmart-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5655289
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer is less than a month old and it shut down on me. I have charged it and left it but when I press the power button the fan starts aND the caps key blinks but it doesn't turn on. Then is it stops and tries to turn on again. Nothing shows up on the screen at all. I don't think my hard drive is turning on. I have not dropped it, spilled anything on it, had it in heat or anything. I need this to be fix asap!

A:HP Envy x360 Won't Turn On

Hi ambowditch.  so, your notebook having issue with no display & caps lock is blink. caps lock blink is actually was an error which is notebook motherboard was try to tell to user.what u need to do is, try to count how many time caps lock is blink.  try do following troubleshooting first before u count the caps lock blink. 1. perform power cycle. remove battery & power adapter. then press & hold power button for 30 sec. then plug in power adapter only and power on the unit. make sure battery is not installed. if you lucky, may be the notebook will start with HP Logo and windows will load as usual. but if not, try to count how many time caps lock is blink. thanks. ghost. Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-x360-Won-t-Turn-On/td-p/4597354
Relevancy 52.46%

hi, I bought a HP Envy x360 laptop (m6-w103dx) in the US a couple of months ago and today it has just shut down (died) on me and I cannot boot it up. Power cable light is on, so has power, but nothing's happening.I plug in the charger and the orange light turns on and then when I click the power button it blinks white one time then it turns off right away.Any help would be appreciated... Thanks...

A:NEW HP Envy x360 Won't Turn On

If you leave the power adapter plugged in dose the led stay amber?That means it is charging. Your troubleshooting describes a notebook with too low of a battery charge to boot into Windows. Let it charge for an hour or so before trying to power it on.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/NEW-HP-Envy-x360-Won-t-Turn-On/td-p/5489137
Relevancy 52.46%

I shut down my laptop last night normally as always, tried to turn it on today to find it deadNothing literally happens when i press the power button, the only led that gives signs of life is the charging led, it turns white when i connect the pc through ac without the battery and orange with the battery in itI repeat, nothing happens when i press the power button, i cant even boot into the bios, not even the leds from the keyboars turns on, no fan no anything, totally deadI tested all the components such as ram, hdd, ssd and wifi module, they all works fineI bough my laptop 2 years ago from this april

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Envy-15-wont-turn-on/td-p/5610856
Relevancy 52.46%

Hp won't charge. This is an HP refurb and it has worked fine since I bought it in May, until recently when it suddenly stopped charging. I've checked the charging cable and there is no damage, likewise no damage to laptop input. I've tried it at several outlets in my home to assure it wasn't the issue. This model doesn't have an accessible battery. It is completely dead and will not power on. Should I order a replacement cable or take it in for new battery or repair??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-envy-won-t-charge-or-turn-on/td-p/5788557
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi it seems not Envy m6 PC on! will Notebook HP turn that I keep having problems with my HP envy m notebook PC windows I have had this computer for years and it keeps breaking down on me I was using it this HP Envy m6 Notebook PC will not turn on! morning around AM and it was running fine and it was charged I turned the computer off then headed to my class Once I got out of class I went to turn on my HP Envy m6 Notebook PC will not turn on! computer and it would not turn on I tried HP Envy m6 Notebook PC will not turn on! taking out my battery and putting it back in and turning it on taking the battery out completely and turn it on with the charger hooked up I even took out the battery unplugged it and pressed the power button for a minute then put the battery and charger back in and tried turning it on and still nothing This is very frusterating as I am a college student and I need this laptop for classes and I can't afford to have my computer break down on me anymore Will someone please help me nbsp P S My led light when my charger was plugged in was not turning on either and the power adaptor was not warm when plugged in I don't know if this is one of the reasons why my computer will not turn on

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-m6-Notebook-PC-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5612416
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys , i faced a problem in using HP envy 15 model 3021Tx. when i press power/turn on button, nothing happen. the screen is black and only the wifi have an orange light. Any one know how to solve this problem?  << when i press power on , the screen is black and only wifi have an orange light.

A:I cannot power/turn on my HP envy 15 :( help please

Hi You have a couple of options as I see it please try the steps given below might help you fix the issue.  1) Disconnect the Adapter & Battery first just press and hold the power button on the unit for 30 seconds and then turn on the unit only using the Adapter and have it checked. 2) Once unit is power on keep tapping the F8 OR F10 key check if you get any display on the screen. 3) If you are comfortable please reseat the Hard drive & Memory and check if you get any display on the screen.  Let us know how it goes! *Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem**** RegardsManjunath 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-cannot-power-turn-on-my-HP-envy-15-help-please/td-p/1437697
Relevancy 52.03%

My family and I usually turn off the computer manually by pushing the button located on the "CPU". The computer is setted to turn to sleep .How set it to turn off completly?

if you didn't understood my question asked,please let me know it

English is my sec language

A:How enable the power button to turn off manually

Hi jun and welcome to the forum!

To modify the the behavior of your power button options you can;

Go to Control Panel > Power Options
On the left panel click on "Choose what the power buttons do"
Then select the modifications you want to set

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3759-how-enable-power-button-turn-off-manually.html
Relevancy 51.6%

think i accidentally turned off wireless card..dell inspiron 1520/ Windows XP...message i get is press FN + F2..but that does nothing...i was traveling yesterday..with the computer working in an airport think i accidentally turned off but have no idea how to enable. Please help..i work from home on this machine and it's pretty critical i get help soon.
thanks so much

A:Solved: Wireless is turned off.. cannot enable wireless networking

Hi Jadewoman

On the left hand side of this laptop there is a wireless switch. This will turn it back on!

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1520/en/index.htm

See page 27 of the owner's manual including a picture of the switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-is-turned-off-cannot-enable-wireless-networking.916361/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L300 with Windows Vista Home Premium x64 and a T6400 processor. I haven't had any connection problems untill now. The problem I'm having now is Windows cannot find any wireless networks. I can connect through a Ethernet cable but not wirelessly. Another thing that bothers me is that I can't enable the network connection in the network connections folder. I don't know why this is happening suddenly as I haven't made any changes involving my network settings at all. I've looked it up on the internet but couldn't find anything that would help me. One solution that looked promising was: no wireless networks were found in range error

That didn't work though because my "event log" service was already set to Automatic so my case must be different. All help is appreciated and thanks a lot.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238201-cannot-find-wireless-networks-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For some reason, the tablet portion of my envy x2 won't turn on or charge, but the keyboard/dock charges fine.

A:Hp envy x2 tablet won't charge or turn on

Is the x2 still in warranty?Check your warranty status Here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-envy-x2-tablet-won-t-charge-or-turn-on/td-p/5649896
Relevancy 51.6%

nbsp I know this has started to be covered already but the discussion was never finished This was the original post nbsp I have discovered that the keyboard backlighting won't turn off The backlight on off key is labeled as F I press it but nothing happens I've also tried pressing fn f but that doesn't do anything either I had been leaving the backlight on but now I want it to only be on when I press the f key Why won't the backlight turn off nbsp I am having the exact same issue I followed the instrustions of the helper which were nbsp Can you please get to the Desktop Screen Off. Backlight Envy HP Turn My Not Will Keyboard help... Please of Windows by pressing the Windows Key and D keys together and then press the F key As you might know F is used for refreshing a Window Page Do you My HP Envy Keyboard Backlight Will Not Turn Off. Please help... see the Desktop Icons getting refreshed This is to make sure that the F key is working or not If you got My HP Envy Keyboard Backlight Will Not Turn Off. Please help... confused with that suggestion please open MS Word and then press the keys Fn and F together and let me know whether you get the Find and replace Window nbsp I didn't understand the first part but the second part I got I opened Word and pressed Fn and F together and can confirm that the 'Find and Replace window appeared However I have no idea what to do from here or how to fix the problem please help me nbsp Also bear in mind please that I am years old and know pretty much nothing about computers Also I only got this laptop for Christmas and am not very familiar with everything yet nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-HP-Envy-Keyboard-Backlight-Will-Not-Turn-Off-Please-help/td-p/5658400
Relevancy 51.6%

The HP ENVY x2 Detachable PC 15 will no turn on. Holding the Power button for 10 seconds produces a whirring sound but does not turn the tablet back on. The AC adapter light is white when the power cord is turned on. The Power Light on the opposite side is off. What else can I try?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-15-c000-x2-Detachable-PC-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5826764
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an envy m touchscreen that is giving me problems that i can't solve It has been great up until recently i was using my laptop last nite when suddenly it turned off but i turn m6 won't ultrabook on touch envy didn't think that the battery shoukd have been dead yet its acting as if the bat is empty and plugging it in just turn on the orange led by the power plug when i press the power button it flashes for a second but the screen does nothing and it doesn't actually turn on I'm using my phone to attempt to find a solution atm which is very frustrating adding to the stress envy m6 ultrabook touch won't turn on is the fact that i have school work projects and a midterm project on it that I need to finish Almost forgot to mention it started doing a few other odd things over the last week such as the touchscreen going nuts registering phantom touches endlessly until i close hibernate shutdown it Solved View Solution

A:envy m6 ultrabook touch won't turn on

Ok thank you. i was hoping that there might be some little trick i had not encpuntered yet but was afraid that it really is just a hardware issue and requires calling in. i will try to do that today if possible

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/envy-m6-ultrabook-touch-won-t-turn-on/td-p/4673338
Relevancy 51.6%

Soooo I bought this beast laptop a few months ago,worled perfectly, and now it won't turn on for no reason. Tried everything including the hold the button trick and everything, but my lcd indicating that the laptop is charging doesn't even light up. My outlets are perfectly outputting power, so there is no issue there but laptop just sits there literally doing nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Envy-i7-Core-12GB-Ram-would-not-turn-on/td-p/5741343
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello nbsp nbsp This is my first time on this site and I have been having some trouble with my computer FIrst of all my computer is the HP Envy Touchsmart PC and TouchSmart ON?? TURN 23 WONT PC ENVY HP My its roughly around - years old For all this My HP ENVY 23 TouchSmart PC WONT TURN ON?? time it has been working fine without any problems but one day I was playing a game on my computer and it randomly shut down At first I thought I accidentally kicked a cord so I made sure every cord was in their sockets tightly Thinking it was a loose cord that caused it to shut down I tried to turn it on again Unfortunately there was no luck nbsp nbsp In furthur investigation on my computer I noticed my power cord was making a small beeping chirping noise every - seconds with its green light flashing on and off in sync with the green light What I found interesting was when I unplugged the power cord from the computer the green light would actually stay solid without it blinking or making any noise When i replug it back in it continues to blink and make the small beeping noise again As a computer amateur I am afraid to open my computer up and try to fix the problem myself And I was also hoping for some solutions here on this site before bringing it into a store to get it fixed nbsp nbsp I also updated my computer to Windows if any of that matters nbsp Thank you for your time

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/My-HP-ENVY-23-TouchSmart-PC-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/5687323
Relevancy 51.6%

Unable to find where or how I can turn off the internal speakers in my new HP Envy 23.

A:How do i turn off the Internal speakers on my HP ENVY 23-d02...

Hi, The answer to your question depends on your reasons for wanting to turn off the speakers.  Recently, I noticed that when I plugged my headphones into the headphone output on the Envy 23 I use at work, the music would still play through speakers, annoying my co-workers. I still wanted to be able to listen through headphones, so I plugged the headphones into the speaker output on the back of the computer. Now the music only plays through the headphones. When the compter is viewed from behind, the output is probably near the lower-right corner. It looks just like your headphone output, but has a little icon that looks a little bit like this:(((.))) To listen to your headphones without the speakers playing, plug your headphones into that speaker output on the back of the computer. If, on the other hand, you want to completely shut your speakers down, try this (be warned: this will shut your headphones down as well): Press the Windows + W keys, and type Sound into the search field.Select Sound from the search results.On the Playback tab of the Sound window, double-click Speakers / Headphones. On the General tab of Speakers / Headphones Properties, select Don't use this device (disable) from the Device usage drop-down near the bottom of the window.Click OK

~Lil.LiebeClicking the white KUDOS THUMBS UP on the right is a way to say thanks!Click Accept as Solution on a reply that solves your issue to help others in search of answers...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-do-i-turn-off-the-Internal-speakers-on-my-HP-ENVY-23/td-p/2885759
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi nbsp I have recently purchase days ago a HP Envy -J SA but its started to play up already I had used my laptop yesterday at uni and had run the battery down to about so I plugged the power pack in as normal and charged the laptop to When I came to unplug turn on won't pl... when HP unplugged and Envy turns unless off the charger HP Envy turns off when unplugged and won't turn on unless pl... the laptop just instantly turned off without warning I thought this was very odd until I tried to turn the laptop back on to no response at all no lights no flashing no nothing I thought I'd plug the charger back in again and as soon as I plugged the charger in the light on the power button flashed oncw and then when pressed the laptop loads as if nothing had happened Obviously when I load up apps such the internet and MS Word it says it wasn't closed properly and asks if I want to restore where I left it at nbsp I have looked at other forums who have suggested battery tests which come back as ok and tries to recalibrate the battery but this hasn't solved anything I have tried use the reset function hold power and the beats button but I don't have a beats button It is all up to date with Windows and HP updates Obviously being a student I paid good money for this laptop and haven't got the time to be messing around taking back to PCWorld where I bought it from Any help will be appreciated nbsp Thanks Spudy

A:HP Envy turns off when unplugged and won't turn on unless pl...

Hi @Spudy101 ,Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link to get the support number for your region. They will be happy to assist you immediately.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-turns-off-when-unplugged-and-won-t-turn-on-unless/td-p/4771912
Relevancy 51.6%

So the power button on my HP detached from the laptop Long story short I was boarding back home X360 to Turn Envy How HP 15-u010dx- ON?!!! and hit a rock and fell forward therefore breaking the corner of the power button and shatter the touchscreen I was still workin fine except the fact that HP Envy X360 15-u010dx- How to Turn ON?!!! the screen was shattered and the power chip was dangling out of the laptop It survived a few weeks before the power chip fell out I couldnt find the time to go to a store to see what they could do the only thing keeping it alive was the charging power but I fell asleep with the laptop on Lucky me nbsp The laptop was working perfectly I've had it for some time right now I have ALOT of important files and documents I was wondering if there was a short-cut or a way I can get my Laptop on without using the power button I just want to back-up everything i have in the laptop and make a desicion of getting a new one or fixing this one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Envy-X360-15-u010dx-How-to-Turn-ON/td-p/5597626
Relevancy 51.6%

I - hinge My - turn HP 15T Broken Envy have an HP Envy T and my right hinge just broke AGAIN nbsp I had it fixed by HP in March and now about a year and a half later the right hinge is broken again nbsp As other people state I am very careful with my computer nbsp Most of the time I leave it sitting on the desk open and don't move it much but Broken hinge - HP Envy 15T - My turn sometimes I have to Broken hinge - HP Envy 15T - My turn close the display lid and put it in the case to go with me and today I heard the plastic break inside the screw is gone and when slowly closing the display the case pops open at the hinge nbsp A piece of black plastic came out when I turned the laptop sideways nbsp nbsp Obviously a design flaw the weight of the screen and hinges being held together by a tiny plaster piece nbsp I wish Broken hinge - HP Envy 15T - My turn HP would let me upgrade to another type of computer as this one is obviously going to continue breaking even with my careful use of the laptop nbsp Looking for any and all assistance nbsp Thank you nbsp Mark

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Broken-hinge-HP-Envy-15T-My-turn/td-p/5852448
Relevancy 51.17%

Before bios and OS upgrades the laptop would auto disable the main keyboard when rotated 360 deg for flat touch mode. It will no longer do this creating a problem when in touchpad mode. No settings seem to change this.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-Convertible-will-not-turn-off-main-keyboard-when-in/td-p/5727111
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello nbsp I went to put my desktop into sleep mode before bed last night and noticed it had turned off nbsp nbsp No idea why nbsp I go to turn it on and NOTHING nbsp li... Envy some on! 700 Desktop turn wont series help! No Need No lights no Need some help! Desktop Envy 700 series wont turn on! No li... sounds no fans nothing nbsp The power signal light on the back is flashing green nbsp nbsp I followed some steps from this page http support hp com us-en document bph AbT nbsp Unplugging everything from the back and holding nbsp the power button for seconds didnt do anything nbsp Pushing for second and waiting seconds didn t do anything nbsp I took off my side panel for the next steps but didn t want to touch anything as I don t want to harm anything nbsp nbsp I ve tried another outlet and the light keeps blinking green nbsp I haven t had this computer for too long maybe a couple years or less nbsp I take good care of it with good antiviruses and making sure to put it to sleep mode everynight and keep it updated etc nbsp nbsp Looks like the power to the machine is okay since the light is flashing nbsp is it something internal nbsp Wondering if anyone could help nbsp nbsp Feeling anxious nbsp Please and thank you nbsp

A:Need some help! Desktop Envy 700 series wont turn on! No li...

I understand that you started through the troubleshooting guide for power supplies.  The step about disconnecting internal components is essential to continue the troubleshooting, however.  If you are not comfortable with that, maybe get a more knowledgeable friend to help.  Otherwise it is off to the repair shop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Need-some-help-Desktop-Envy-700-series-wont-turn-on-No/td-p/5529758
Relevancy 51.17%

The other day I decided to turn my envy off for the first time in roughly a week I usually just leave it on plugged into the charger putting it into sleep mode when im not using it For some reason ever since then I have not been able to turn it back on Whenever I press the power button The power light blinks The pattern is nbsp a single nbsp short blink every - seconds This continues until I take the battery out Sometimes if I leave it be for a day or so I am able to get the computer to turn on but It will not boot I can hear the fan going see the lights turn on as turn will get a on. not light ENVY I 15t power blinking e... My they are supposed to however the screen remains black I am under the impression that this either a hardware issue or the CPU is just toast either of nbsp which would suck Normally I would take to a computer shop and have My ENVY 15t will not turn on. I get a blinking power light e... them look at it but right now I'm serving in Iraq so im SOL nbsp And yes I have tried everything under the sun to get it running I have taken the battery out and left it out for an extended period tried turning it on with and without the ac adapter plugged in tried to perform a hard reset and a combination of all of them

A:My ENVY 15t will not turn on. I get a blinking power light e...

Last thing to try is remove the cmos (RTC) battery overnight, put it back in, if you get the bios post screen immediately enter the bios and set the date and time (before windows loads)  If you get it working, download the latest bios and install it. Then the latest grahics driver. Service manual for the 15t-1200

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-ENVY-15t-will-not-turn-on-I-get-a-blinking-power-light/td-p/743737
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

I am using Windows 8.1 and had to refresh my computer as I was experiencing some problems. Everything seemed to be normal so I started slowly installing the programs I had before. Now a few days after, I find that my wireless device is Off and Flight Mode is On. I have been in settings but the relevant switches are disabled.
Can anybody tell me how to fix this please ? I really don't know how it happened. Can it be that my laptop is still infected ?

Thanks,
Robert

A:Turn Off Flight Mode & Turn On Wireless Devices

Is there a physical switch on your laptop for wireless? Often on the edges of your laptop... easy to miss.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566643/turn-off-flight-mode-turn-on-wireless-devices/
Relevancy 50.74%

is it possible? I just bought this item on ebay:
Micra Digital Belkin Wireless G 54Mbps USB LAN Adapter
will this allow me to wireless enable my computer?

A:If i want to wireless enable a computer without a wireless card...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-i-want-to-wireless-enable-a-computer-without-a-wireless-card.781005/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there I am new to the Forum I hope you can help me The original Windows was upgraded to I replaced the bottom cover The Notebook was working fine before In the proses I disconnected the CMOSS battery HD on replacement after bottom turn cover won't 7227cl ENVY dv7 DVD WiFi adapter etc I have done this before many times Before assembling all back as I usually do I performed a quick test I connected the LCD memory CMOSS battery on off button board keyboard and DC charger When I pressed the on off button the led on the on off board turned on the CPU fan turned on the HP logo on the back of the LCD turned on the LCD screen stays black and the caps lock led start blinking once every or seconds Because this Notebook was Windows and use UEFI I decided to finish the assembling and try again It responded the same as before I can t believe that the MB is bad it was OK before replacing the bottom cover Probably something to do with the UEFI Windows combination What I have tried -Hard Reset no battery no DC charger and pressing on off button for seconds -Disconected the CMOSS battery for several hours -Turning on and hitting the Esc F F F button many times all the F buttons

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/ENVY-dv7-7227cl-won-t-turn-on-after-bottom-cover-replacement/td-p/5689335
Relevancy 50.74%

When plugged in, the power-led near the power connector is white.  Pressing the power button results in a single blink on the power botton LED and a simultaneous blink on the CAPS Lock key.   (when power connector is plugged in or not) Attempts to reset i.e. hold down on the power buton, hold down on the power and mute button,  for 15 seconds etc.   have no effect. Any help would be appreciated.  This computer is 13 months old.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-envy-x360-m6-w102dx-with-full-battery-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5807303
Relevancy 50.74%

I followed the instructions listed on this page for "performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset". In particular I followed the "Reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery" section as my laptop has a non-removable battery. However, I did all this to no avail. When I release the power button it produces a brief white light and the F12 button with a "wireless" icon (see attached image below) produces an equally brief orange light simultaneously. I don't know what's going on From what I can gather from this thread, it has to do with the motherboard. Please help me!  I found that this user experienced a similar, if not identical problem with her or his very own HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1010eo just this month and posted about it, but the thread did not produce an answer. Image of F12 button:

A:Computer won't turn on, motherboard issue? (HP ENVY Sleekboo...

Hi @badbit, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I have read all of your post's that you linked to on the HP Support Forums.  I see you are having issues with HP ENVY 6-1010eo Sleekbook not starting correctly. Here is an explanation of the flashing lights.  Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?Please let me know how this goes. Click the Thumbs up to give me a Kudos high five, just to say thanks for trying. Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-won-t-turn-on-motherboard-issue-HP-ENVY-Sleekbook-6/td-p/5590292
Relevancy 50.74%

Computer fully charged but won't turn on. Bought for school a few months ago. I have very little hours on it. My class started now I can't turn on. Please any advise.Can I return for repair?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-envy-x360-bought-a-couple-months-ago-won-t-turn-on-I-have/td-p/5725788
Relevancy 50.74%

hello i was wondering if i could get rid this amd discrete gpu  from my laptop and replace it with some nvidia card??? can it be done? i'm sick with AMD's crap... i believe that AMD will bankrupt any time soon because of low quality and crappy-non existent support!!my hybrid gpu setup is :00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Thames [Radeon HD 7500M/7600M Series] 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-PC-AMD-INTEL-hybrid-and-turn-it-to/td-p/5728147
Relevancy 50.74%

A few days ago I tried switching on my laptop but it didn't start up. The only light that showed was the led that showed it was charging when I plugged in the power cable (the led turned white when the battery was fully charged). With the full charge I tried switching it on but it didn't even blink.The laptop's only a few months old and it was working perfectly the day before.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:My envy x360(m6-w103dx) with full battery won't turn on

If the power adapter is connected, what color is the led?Is it a solid color or is it blibking?  hard reset: Try both of the followingPress and hold the power button for 15 seconds.Press and hold the power and mute buttons for 15 seconds.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-envy-x360-m6-w103dx-with-full-battery-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5530117
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all. First timer here.  I've had my HP Envy for only a year and it won't turn on.  Nothing out of the ordinary happened to it, but when I plugged in the power source and push the power button, the light next to the power input hole flashes 3 times.  I tried letting it sit overnight to see if it was just drained, but still no change.  I took battery out, plugged power cord into laptop and still nothing.  We use wifi as our internet connection and didn't receive and error messages or warnings before this happened. I'm not sure if it's just the power cord itself or something with the laptop. Thanks for any and all help!!! Joe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-envy-15T-i7-4710HQ-doesn-t-turn-on-Light-by-power-cord/td-p/5670767
Relevancy 49.88%

One night a couple months ago I was trying to play a game with a friend when my no battery good, motherbo... Envy doesn't is 17 on turn lights, computer just turned off It wouldn't turn back on The next day I was able to get it to come back on and it had some boot Envy 17 doesn't turn on no lights, battery is good, motherbo... message but I didn't have time to read it before it booted Envy 17 doesn't turn on no lights, battery is good, motherbo... It was on but wouldn't Envy 17 doesn't turn on no lights, battery is good, motherbo... charge I turned it off to conserve battery a couple more times before it was permanently dead I have tried hard reset but I get absolutely no reaction from my computer I have replace the internal DC power adapter but the computer stills doesn't respond also retried hard reset So the motherboard should be getting power but my computer doesn't turn on charge or blink It worked initially after dying so why doesn't it work now What kind of options do I have I would love to send it in to HP to repair as long as it doesn't cost more than but I have had any luck contacting HP support yet My computer is out of warranty

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-17-doesn-t-turn-on-no-lights-battery-is-good/td-p/5641441
Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi to all Eight forum.
I m here with a strange problem, it happens from yesterday, the problem is when I playing games on my Dell inspiron N4050 and then the main power where the charger pluged in is turn off (it is the most problem in my country that there is heavy short fall of power), the laptop is remain ON just for 2 or 3 seconds and then its suddenly OFF. its not happening before, why is that,? why is the laptop didn't get power from the battery.?
when not playing games. and the main power (electricity) is gone, then this problem is not occurred.
plz understand my problem and reply me.
sorry for my bad English.

A:Laptop suddenly turn off when main power turn off.

Could it be overheating protection?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25770-laptop-suddenly-turn-off-when-main-power-turn-off.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, new to the forum. I need some help. I have an HP G60 running Vista. One day I just couldnt enable my wireless. I tried everything and finally resorted to calling Tech Service. They walked me through a bunch of stuff and then said it was my wireless card. They sent me a brand new one but it still won't enable the wireless. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 48.16%

I have an hp pavillion laptop running windows xp sp 3. I tried to push the wireless button between the keyboard and screen and it doesn't light up. When I right click on the sys tray I can't click enable. As a matter of fact right now I'm typing this on my iPod touch and it's a pain. When I first got the laptop I disabled the wireless and now that I need it I can't get it to work.

I appriciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Lee

Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday, all was fine but this morning my HP TX1000 Laptop wouldn't auto connect to my wireless router (1 metre away). I remembered that on the bootup Wireless Assistant turned on Bluetooth but not Wireless. In the Network and Sharing Centre, "Manage Wireless Networks" isn't showing so I can't turn it on. In what may be a related issue, I can't get into Services - Vista says that either I don't have permission (I'm logged on as Administrator) or it can't find Windows/System32/Services.msc (which I can't see). I've done the obligiatory re-start and I've connected via cat5 but I need to resolve this - can anyone help?

A:Can't enable wireless

i have the same problem.. with you lindsay.. even i re-install the driver of my wireless connection it wont work... i do many many way but it doesnt work.. i cant enable the wifi in network sharing...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203136-cant-enable-wireless.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i am not able to switch on my wireless on my laptop....i have a hp pavillion dv6 - 1131ea which contains touchpad controls for the wireless and dvd controls (which have stopped working)

i have also tried fn + f2 to see if this will enable it an so far it hasn't.....

any ideas what i can do or how it can be fixed?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m trying to configure my Win Pro machine to wake from sleep when I attempt to connect through RDP from my work machine My home computer is connected through a Belkin N USB Wireless adapter can Can't Wireless WOL! enable t physically connect to router through ethernet due to house layout When I go to the adapter s power settings the Advanced tab doesn t have any of the WOL settings available and Can't enable Wireless WOL! the Power Management tab has the quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot option greyed out see attached screenshots In my bios I have S amp S sleep enabled and everything I can find that could be related with WOL enabled Wake from Modem Wake from Ring etc although I see nothing referring to Wake on Lan or WOL specifically mentioned The machine wakes from sleep using a keyboard perfectly so no problems there When I go to the ethernet adapter s settings all of the WOL options are available and enabled but I need this to work for my WiFi since the machine isn t physically connected I just want to save some energy costs since I m currently leaving my machine one so I can remote in when need be from work I have the newest BIOS Firmware newest wireless adapter drivers Windows compatible and all Windows Updates installed I ve also added the EnableWoWLAN key to the registry but to no avail I know the older Belkin router supports WMM so I can t imagine why the newer Belkin adapter wouldn t This has got me stumped any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Can't enable Wireless WOL!

Wireless WOL doesn't work for the current generation of wireless adapters and drivers. There is a new standard in the works that will allow it, and new Intel chipsets will work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake-on-LAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-enable-wireless-wol.931477/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'm trying to configure my Win Pro machine to wake from sleep when I attempt to connect through RDP from my work machine My home computer is connected through a Belkin N USB Wireless adapter can't Wireless enable WOL! Can't physically connect to router through ethernet due to house layout When I go to the adapter's power settings the Can't enable Wireless WOL! Advanced tab doesn't have any of the WOL settings available and the Power Management tab has the quot Allow this device to wake the computer quot option greyed out see attached screenshots In my bios I have S amp S sleep enabled and everything I can find that could be related with WOL enabled Wake from Modem Wake from Ring etc although I see nothing referring to Wake on Lan or WOL specifically mentioned The machine wakes from sleep using a keyboard perfectly so no problems there When I go to the ethernet adapter's settings all of the WOL options are available and enabled but I need this to work for my WiFi since the machine isn't physically connected I just want to save some energy costs since I'm currently leaving my machine one so I can remote in when need be from work I have the newest BIOS Firmware newest wireless adapter drivers Win compatible and all Windows Updates installed This has got me stumped any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Can't enable Wireless WOL!

That Ralink RT61 USB device is bus powered. When the computer turns the device off to save power it can't "hear" the wakeup call nor could it tell Windows to power it up if it could "hear" it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/93220-cant-enable-wireless-wol.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My laptop (envy m6 1162la) was not using the graphics card (AMD Radeon 7640M). I tried reinstalling the software AMD Catalyst but it wasn't detecting it either. I checked the windows device manager and the graphics card was greyed out (had to turn the option to show hidden devices because it wasn't showing). I tried updating drivers but it kept showing an error message (Code 45). Then I followed the steps in this guide and tried uninstalling the device, rebooting and reinstalling. Now it's not even showing in the manager, and I can't find the driver download page in the HP website. I also checked the AMD legacy software (catalyst) because it said it included the old drivers, but no luck so far. I'd appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks in advance.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-graphics-card-AMD-Radeon-undetected-on-laptop-Envy-m6/td-p/5785983
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell Inspiron 5010M and a Linksy router that I am unable to enable wireless. EasyLink iis all set up and working with a wired conection. But when I go to enable wireless, first part of it is good, it asks me to chose my DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card. I do then select the card and it takes a min or two then it will tell me that my wireless radio is not enabled. I have tryed to turn the radio on from the keyboard, still a no go, and on an older dell I had the same kind of thing go on and I had to go into the settings some where and turn the radio on. The older Dell had Windows XP and this computer is Windows 7, way different, or I'm just more familiar with XP. Can any one help me with this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksy-wireless-enable.1046086/
Relevancy 47.3%

yeh as i stated above, my computor is telling me to enable it through windows device manager but there is no option for enabling it?? anyone got any ideas??????

Relevancy 47.3%

Hey,

I accidently disabled my USB adapter, and now I don't know how to enable it back. So somebody please help me with that
I use NETOPIA TER/GUSB2-N RT2571/RT73 USB WIRELESS G CARD.

A:Can't enable USB Wireless Adapter

I found a solution, and it involves temporarily bridging the wireless and lan connections (then unbridging). See Technopaideia: Frustrating but ultimately successful fix for Internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/248101-cant-enable-usb-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

A:Can't enable wireless network

Originally Posted by Labello

Hi,

I have a Zepto (company went bankrupt) computer with a Vista peremium 64-bit os. For about 2 months ago i reinstalled the computer but it was yesterday i needed my wlan card for first time. I can use my wlan but i can use wired internet. I have tried both old and new drivers. I got the computer wlan switch on but i still can't enable wlan under Network connections. Everything under the device manager is installed and working correct. When i enbale My wireless network it does not change. It is still disabled. When i try to enable it true my Ralink (wlan card distributor) software it just say "Switch radio state fail". I'm completely out of ideas now. Help will be appreciated.

Hi, a few pieces of advice for you.

Make sure your drivers are up to date (even thought the company's gone bust it may use generic drivers)

Try enabling the wireless card then restarting your PC.

Make sure your PC is up to date (Especially make sure you have SP2 installed)

See if there are any options to do with your Wireless card in the BIOS.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/274294-cant-enable-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently bought a TP-Link wn353gd wireless adapter. Win7 recognizes it automatically as a realtek 8185 extensible wireless device. However, after the installation completed, I found out that the wireless device appears as "disabled". I clicked "enable" a prompt appeared saying that it was enabling the device, then finish... and the wireless adapter was still disabled.

I tried downloading the win7 drivers from the realtek site, using the vista drivers from the TP-Link cd... nothing. The wireless card is there, I just can't get it to enable.

I did notice that both connection utilities (realtek's and TP-Link's) showed the wireless adapter as disabled, and kept flashing constantly, as if they were being updated.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't enable wireless adapter

hi and welcome..

try this driver Download
and also post your result.

cheers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82538-cant-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

A few hours ago I returned to my Dell laptop #1 to find that it had no wireless connectivity. It had wireless connectivity a couple hours earlier, as I was using it .
there is nothing wrong with my modem /router, as I am sending this on Dell #2 which is connected wirelessly.
I have had a new Windows 7 o/s installed in the past ten days or so.
Does anyone have any idea how to 'eable my wireless system'???

A:Enable wireless capabilities

ok you can click wireless, on left mouse, and "troubleshoot problem"

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/145086-enable-wireless-capabilities.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a linksys WUSB54G v3 adapter that I am trying to install on a machine with server 2008. When I first put it in, it found a driver and installed it. It showed up in network connections, but it was disabled. When I enabled it, nothing happened. I thought maybe it was a problem with the driver windows had picked, so I downloaded the latest official driver from linksys. I uninstalled the one windows had used and followed the linksys installer which errored when it tried to detect the device. Server 2008 is based on the same underlying structure as Vista, and I'm just experimenting so don't worry why I'm connecting a server over wireless. Any ideas on how I can get this thing working?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-adapter-wont-enable.887727/
Relevancy 47.3%

I use Lenovo Ideapad Z470
Can you guys show me the way to enable wireless at BIOS?

A:How can I enable wireless at BIOS

Ngoctraiden9x, welcome to the windows 7 forum.

The bios is where the hardware is turned on/off/configured in most cases. For your computer to use the wireless, you have to have the hardware drivers installed and the software to control the wireless adapter.

Normally, when you turn your machine on the bios recognizes your hardware devices and then as your Operating system loads, it load all the drivers for your devices and at that time your wireless would become active.

Is this what you meant when you said enable wireless at bios?

Some bios screens will allow you to turn on and off devices. If this is what you mean, then by entering bios, go thru the screens and look for the wireless. Some machines have a physical wireless switch or a function key toggle.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280649-how-can-i-enable-wireless-bios.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The built in wireless card on my Gateway LT21 is disabled, which I could normaly fix, but the physical on/off wireless comunications button is literally broken off, and Gateway says, "this is not a consumer replacable part." All I need to do is turn back on wireless comunications, but I can't a way to do that inside windows. Please help asap. Thanks!

A:Enable Wireless Card

Quote: Originally Posted by eric8421

The built in wireless card on my Gateway LT21 is disabled, which I could normaly fix, but the physical on/off wireless comunications button is literally broken off, and Gateway says, "this is not a consumer replacable part." All I need to do is turn back on wireless comunications, but I can't a way to do that inside windows. Please help asap. Thanks!

Start, type "network connections" and press enter. Right click your disabled wireless connections and select "enable".

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/128905-enable-wireless-card.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I installed XP on one computer and Vista on another computer. How do I enable wireless on both these computers? Someone suggested that I install the wireless network drivers for these O/S's from the computer company (Gateway) that I bought the computers from. But, Gateway is asking that I pay for that support. How can I install the needed drivers to enable wireless on these computers without going to dumb Gateway?

A:How Do I Enable Wireless On Vista/XP?

Download them from the net...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/190500-how-do-i-enable-wireless-vista-xp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My HP 8510w has been no wireless adapters available and it looks like caused by INTEL site driver updating, which is not covered by HP driver site.

However, after all drivers re-installed with HP recommended ones, the problem is still there. Both HP Wireless Assistant and Wireless Confirguration Utility are no function.

A:How to Enable Wireless Adapter

HP Compaq 8510w Mobile Workstation

It looks like there are 2 wireless drivers available, a broadcom and an Intel driver. Did you try both? or do you know for sure what wireless card you have? You can try goin to the device manager and try updating the wireless driver from there also. Otherwise if you have any system restore points made, you may want to do a system restore and see if that will bring the correct driver back.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281265-how-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys Would really appreciate some help here as I am getting the run-around wireless not Can a - connection Enable from ISP Microsoft and Compaq I have a Windows Vista bit Home Premium Compaq Presario that I have put downstairs and am trying to connect to the internet via a Netcomm NP USB stick The Can not Enable a connection - wireless USB stick worked fine on my old computer which ran XP but it won't work on the Vista model The USB stick is compatible with my version of Vista the problem is that when I go to the network settings and it shows my wireless connection it is disabled If I click enable it goes on to say enabling enabled but it remains disabled The USB stick works on my other two computers one running XP the other running Windows And am at a total loss as to what could be preventing it from working Anyone have any ideas When I try to set up the wireless connection and it doesn't find one the diagnosis is quot RT USB wireless Lan card is experiencing driver or hardware issues quot

A:Can not Enable a connection - wireless

Hello & welcome,

I think you are being pointed in the right direction you just need to go there: -

NP545: NetComm

What antivirus & firewall are you using?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287575-can-not-enable-connection-wireless.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

normally I would not bother you with such a silly question but I just can?t solve the issue.
I run W7 ultimate 64bit on a brand new customized machine. Not an upgrade but a clean Installation
The problem I have is the following:
I upgraded to wireless with D-Link DWA552. I have a Linksys router WRT54G.
Installation and driver upgrade went fine. PCI card is correct in device manager en enabled.
The issue I have is that I cannot enable the wireless adapter.
Ok next step: got another card. Linksys, the a Belkin, the a noname.
Always the same issue. Microsoft compatibility center says YES to 64 bit. Installation is easy as it should be but the wireless adapter stays disabled whatever I do.
I also restartet WLAN Service, I disabled/enabled the hardware.
I appreciate every Info/Tip.
btw I did countless wireless installation.
Am I missing something?
Thanks so much

A:Enable wireless adapter

I assume you have checked that you have installed the driver and it's working properly as noted from Device Manager. I also assume you have enabled the device in BIOS (if applicable).

What machine do you have?

Just the other day i have had issue turning on bluetooth device on one of our laptops. It turns out i needed the hotkey driver. Installed it and turned on BT via Fn + F5 and all seems to come online.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46887-enable-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 47.3%

So I just got a brand new laptop, a Dell Inspiron. I turned it on, started adjusting properties to suit me, and tried to connect to my internet connection. In the process I wanted to disconnect from my internet, but nstead I pressed disable. Now I can't figure out at all how to enable the thing again. I try to troubleshoot it and it tells me that the wireless adaptor is disabled, but gives me absolutely no clues on how to enable it again.

How do I do this? 5 minutes old and I already have problems...

A:Enable wireless adaptor

Hi,

Usually its a special keystroke, something like ALT+F8 - check above the laptop keys : are there special functions shown, perhaps a wireless icon?

If you are able to take a photo of the keyboard and post here we can solve it in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139552-enable-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm running Windows Ultimate -bit on a custom built PC I have a Zonet D Cannot connection wireless enable wireles card that I had used fine for almost a year For about the past two weeks my internet would suddenly drop about once a day and it would say there were no wireless connections available I would have to restart my computer and then everything would be fine Well on Friday it happened and I got fed up so I uninstalled the wireless card and reinstalled and now I can't enable the wireless connection at all in the Network Connections menu Cannot enable wireless connection It will say quot Enabling quot and then quot Enabled quot but it doesn't actually enable I run the diagnostic tool on the Network Adapter and I get the message quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot In the detailed information quot Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter quot I've tried reinstalling the driver I've downloaded the driver from the Zonet website and I've tried rolling back drivers I've tried a system restore to when it did work and I'm getting nothing Anyone have any ideas Would greatly appreciate any input and thank you in advance

A:Cannot enable wireless connection

I found a solution, and it involves temporarily bridging the wireless and lan connections (then unbridging). See Technopaideia: Frustrating but ultimately successful fix for Internet connectivity

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217696-cannot-enable-wireless-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Product Name: hp 15-ac122tuOperating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit) What is the key for WiFi and Bluetooth? How to turn on my WiFi and Bluetooth?

A:Function Key to enable Wireless?

@Sam118? System:HP Notebook - 15-ac122tu The User Guide provides information on the keys - see Page 13 There is no "bluetooth" key.The "Airplane" / Wireless only connects you if you have set up Wireless on your computer See:Connecting to a Network > Chapter 3, Page 18  When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Function-Key-to-enable-Wireless/td-p/5693079