Windows Support Forum

Dell E7250/E7450 - McAfee Endpoint Encryption, No boot disk

Q: Dell E7250/E7450 - McAfee Endpoint Encryption, No boot disk

Hopefully someone can help with the problem we have. We have purchased several E7250 and E7450 laptops, which we've managed to configure with our corporate image but, when applying McAfee Endpoint Encryption v5.2.12, the following reboot reports an error at startup
"Error: 0xe002001b
No Boot disk was found"
We've applied this version of EEPC to all our previous Latitude models without issue, it's just this new model range.
We've tried imaging using AHCI and RAID, other don't change the outcome.

If anyone has an answer to this, we'd be most grateful.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dell E7250/E7450 - McAfee Endpoint Encryption, No boot disk

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dell E7250/E7450 - McAfee Endpoint Encryption, No boot disk

Hi DarrenPG,
Thanks for your post on the Dell Community Forum.
A Google search produced the following information from the McAfee website:
Have you tried any of the solutions there?
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi Dell!
Recently we buy 12 laptops Model Latitude E5470 for our company.
So, after we installed Epo Encryption, laptop is going on reboot loop
Any ideea?
Relevancy 100.19%

I found a laptop that I forgot that I had.

About 18 months ago I received a HP ProBook 6470b with McAfee Endpoint Encryption installed while I was working as a Consultant. A couple of weeks into the Project it was cancelled. The hard drive was wiped clean.

To turn this into my personal laptop do I just need to swap hard drives. At that point will McAfee Endpoint Encryption be completely removed from my machine.

Thanks in advance.

A:McAfee Endpoint Encryption- HELP

If you mean, that if you totally reinstall the OS will McAfee EE be gone? Yes, if you reformat the drive, it won't be installed.
Relevancy 98.04%

Hello everyone I am Protection Endpoint Decrypting Encryption McAfee not sure if this has already been discussed cannot find any related link The Problem that I have is that my Laptop is encrypted with McAfee EndPoint Encryption Protection and its no longer booting The Story Decrypting McAfee Endpoint Encryption Protection so far Coming from a long vacation I put my Laptop to download mail through the night and forgot to plug the Power cable The Lid was not closed Morning When I woke up I realized that the battery has run out so I connected the power supply and tried to do restart the Laptop It went straight to repair the windows Decrypting McAfee Endpoint Encryption Protection No matter what Option I selected Safe Mode - Safe Mode with Command Prompt - Last Known Good Configuration etc it would go to repair mode only So I thought of doing a System Restore but it kept on saying something like quot Choose a Windows Installation to do a System Restore quot I promptly restarted again - tapped F - Selected the Windows OS however again the same thing I couldn't do a System Restore After about restarts now what is happening is that whenever I boot the system it takes me a black screen with a Flashing Cursor and nothing else Now I dont even get the Option to Repair Windows etc I took the Laptop to Professionals and they said that since I have McAfee EndPoint Encryption Protection Installed they cannot break it being an Industrial Strength Program and that the only Option I now have is to Re-Image the HDD which I am reluctant to do Specs SeaGate GB HDD McAfee EndPoint Encryption Software v Note Being a Company provided Installed Laptop I dont have the Bootable DVD of Windows I only have the Re-Imaging DVD Also I contacted my Help Desk and they cannot help me either and that I need to Re-Image the HDD Any and every suggestion would be Welcome Regards Sumku

A:Decrypting McAfee Endpoint Encryption Protection

found this thread when searching for such solution ... if your problem is still actual, i could share my findings:

1. Download the WinTech CD from (i didin't find another location to download it)
2. Boot it, change system date to 27 Oct 2009
3. Start the SbWinTech.exe and authenticate with the daily code 1131 for the date given above
4. Enter your user and pass for the encryption
5. Choose Authenticate from SBFS from the menu
6. Mount the encrypted drive (there is such option in the menu)

Now you have access to files, you can back them up on external drive or network share.
You can also choose to decrypt the drive which could cost you a lot of time (took 10 hours for 150GB disk in my test enviroment)

Hope this helps ....
Relevancy 98.04%

I have a number of Dell Duo (netbook with touchscreen) computers with 2GB RAM running WIN7 and McAfee AV including endpoint encryption. The EE kills the shutdown process - average 4 1/2 minutes. Boot up is round 3 minutes. I have same image on a Lattitude 2110 Netbook and it is about half the time with half as much memory (1GB). It makes no sense why the Duo's are so much slower.

I have looked for options in WIN 7 and bumped all to max performance but to no effect. Does anyone have any ideas on other options to try? This is a corporate environment and EE is required so I can't get rid of McAfee. The image is basic WIN 7, all of the junk programs have been taken out.
Relevancy 95.03%

My system information IMB Thinkpad Lenovo T Windows bit Hard drive is encrypted with McAfee Endpoint Encryption v GB hard drive partitions main partition the other partition is labeled BDEDrive which I think is a standard Windows partition This past Friday my Windows machine locked up I waited for it to respond for about minutes It didn't So I held the power button down to give it a fresh boot The machine blinked a blue screen of death and rebooted to a standard Windows diagnostic screen The machine automatically ran the diagnostic with no solution This was in an endless loop I ran from Corporate Encryption a Hard McAfee Endpoint Recovering Data Drive CHKDSK from a DOS prompt without any success I then pulled the hard drive to hook up to another system to see what I could find It asked me to reformat which I did NOT do I did some Google Recovering Data from a McAfee Endpoint Encryption Corporate Hard Drive research and it appears that the MBR or partition was potentially damaged So I downloaded TestDisk and tried to scan the partition Intel - without logging quick scan and deep scan did not return anything to recover but was able to completely scan the drive So at this point I logged a help desk ticket with my company I brought the machine in Monday morning and they told me that the hard drive is encrypted with McAfee They tried to run some software on my machine from a USB drive I did not catch the name of it but it locked up and they did not try it again They pulled the hard drive from the machine to test it via a diagnostic machine and got an I O error At this point they told me that they could not do anything because the hard drive crashed But I didn't believe it since I did not get any errors from connecting through my personal USB hard drive adapter So I was able to get the hard drive in order to continue testing on my own which may or may not be a good idea since they didn't want to give it up So here are my screen shots and log from TestDisk Quick Analysis shows the following the first partition appears to be listed twice Results of Quick Scan does not show the first partition Looking at the files they all appear to be from the BDEDrive partition There appears to be some logs listed with the date of my initial problem Could the BCD or BCD log files be used to troubleshoot this problem I also did a deep scan Below are the results Looks like TestDisk found the first partition but when I go and look at the files I get this Which I guess I would expect since the hard drive is encrypted Looking at the Advanced - gt Boot option in TestDisk I see the following Is this expected with an encrypted drive And I ran a scan with Crystal Disk Info Results here look good Should I create an image of this drive before doing anything else Not sure what else to do here Any help with this would be much appreciated

A:Recovering Data from a McAfee Endpoint Encryption Corporate Hard Drive

Here's the first part of the log from TestDisk.

Tue Jul 22 13:46:10 2014
Command line: TestDisk

TestDisk 6.14, Data Recovery Utility, July 2013
Christophe GRENIER <[email protected]>
Compiler: GCC 4.7, Cygwin 1007.17
Compilation date: 2013-07-30T14:08:52
ext2fs lib: 1.42.2, ntfs lib: 10:0:0, reiserfs lib: 0.3.1-rc8, ewf lib: 20120504
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(/dev/sda)=160041885696
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(/dev/sdb)=320072933376
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\PhysicalDrive0)=160041885696
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\PhysicalDrive1)=320072933376
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\C:)=159713853440
filewin32_getfilesize(\\.\D:) GetFileSize err Incorrect function.

filewin32_setfilepointer(\\.\D:) SetFilePointer err Incorrect function.

Warning: can't get size for \\.\D:
filewin32_getfilesize(\\.\E:) GetFileSize err Incorrect function.

filewin32_setfilepointer(\\.\E:) SetFilePointer err Incorrect function.

Warning: can't get size for \\.\E:
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\F:)=319744376832
disk_get_size_win32 IOCTL_DISK_GET_LENGTH_INFO(\\.\G:)=314572800
Hard disk list
Disk /dev/sda - 160 GB / 149 GiB - CHS 19457 255 63, sector size=512 - HITACHI HTS723216A7A, S/N:3E285426AG8KN1, FW:EC1Z
Disk /dev/sdb - 320 GB / 298 GiB - CHS 38913 255 63, sector size=512 - ST320LT0 07-9ZV142

Partition table type (auto): Intel
Disk /dev/sdb - 320 GB / 298 GiB - ST320LT0 07-9ZV142
Partition table type: Intel

Analyse Disk /dev/sdb - 320 GB / 298 GiB - CHS 38913 255 63
Geometry from i386 MBR: head=255 sector=63
check_part_i386 failed for partition type 07
NTFS at 38873/127/39
Current partition structure:
Invalid NTFS or EXFAT boot
1 P HPFS - NTFS 0 32 33 38873 127 38 624500736
2 * HPFS - NTFS 38873 127 39 38911 189 62 614400 [BDEDrive]

Disk /dev/sdb - 320 GB / 298 GiB - CHS 38913 255 63
NTFS at 38873/127/39
filesystem size 614400
sectors_per_cluster 8
mft_lcn 25600
mftmirr_lcn 2
clusters_per_mft_record -10
clusters_per_index_record 1
HPFS - NTFS 38873 127 39 38911 189 62 614400 [BDEDrive]
NTFS, blocksize=4096, 314 MB / 300 MiB
file_pread(5,1,buffer,625143807(38913/102/37)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,1,buffer,625143808(38913/102/38)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,14,buffer,625143809(38913/102/39)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,3,buffer,625143823(38913/102/53)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,3,buffer,625143870(38913/103/37)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,8,buffer,625143886(38913/103/53)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,11,buffer,625143933(38913/104/37)) lseek err Invalid argument
file_pread(5,2,buffer,625145855(38913/135/6)) lseek err Invalid argument
Search for partition aborted

* HPFS - NTFS 38873 127 39 38911 189 62 614400 [BDEDrive]
NTFS, blocksize=4096, 314 MB / 300 MiB

1 * HPFS - NTFS 38873 127 39 38911 189 62 614400 [BDEDrive]
simulate write!

write_mbr_i386: starting...
write_all_log_i386: starting...
No extended partition
Partition table type (auto): Intel
Disk /dev/sdb - 320 GB / 298 GiB - ST320LT0 07-9ZV142
Partition table type: Intel

Analyse Disk /dev/sdb - 320 GB / 298 GiB - CHS 38913 255 63
Geometry from i386 MBR: head=255 sector=63
check_part_i386 failed for partition type 07
NTFS at 38873/127/39
Current partition structure:
Invalid NTFS or EXFAT boot
2 * HPFS - NTFS 38873 127 39 38911 189 62 614400 [BDEDrive]

searc... Read more
Relevancy 87.29%

I am running Windows7 professional with McAfee corporate installed over it.

For some reason, I was looking to disable the firewall, but had some restrictions not allowing me to stop the daemon directly.

So, I did a workaround... sneaked into windows registry and then set the McAfee processed to "Manual" instead of "Automatic".

Then went into services and "stopped" the McAfee endpoint encryption and as well 1/2 other McAfee services.

Rebooted the PC and then found "Voila! I messed it all up!!"

Now windows7 wont boot and gives BSOD continuously.

Then went to my friend's laptop, tried the same thing and guess what... his laptop too is a heavy-brick now.

Pressing F8 will not take me to "Safemode" option either.

No restore-points.

Can anything be done ....or am I doomed ?

A:Windows7 crashes after I disabled Service for "McAfee Endpoint Encryption"

Do you have a system repair disk or system restore media??
I can't believe you bricked your fiends PC too. Why would you go into the registry and start deleting. Looks like a back to factory IMHO
Relevancy 72.24%

I was on the internet and my computer suddenly shut down. When I tried to restart it, I received the following error message:

Error: 0xe0050001 - Endpoint Encryption for PC is not installed

I don't know what to do to fix it, and nothing from Google has been able to help me. The site I was on at the time was "Listverse" which I have been on without any problems previously. I don't have any CD's or anything to reinstall. Can anyone help me fix the problem or suggestions on how to bypass this error?

Thanks for any help!

A:Endpoint Encryption for PC is not installed

that is often a result of a TDSS rootkit so
follow advice here and post the logs those programs make

moved to malware removal
Relevancy 72.24%

Hoping you can help. I have a serious issue that needs to be resolved. I have a presentation on Wednesday and I searched the forum and did not find this error.

When I start my Dell Latitude E4300 (Windows XP), I receive an Endpoint Encryption Error. It states:

Error: 0xe002001b

No boot disk was found

I cannot start in safe mode. The only function key that works is F2 and F12. F12 did not show any errors.

I have valuable work files and need to recover them.

Can you please help?

Thank you.

Relevancy 71.38%

Hi There,I was on the internet and downloading from Utorrent and my computer suddenly shut down. When I tried to restart it, I received the following error message:Error: 0xe0050001 - Endpoint Encryption for PC is not installedI don't know what to do to fix it, and nothing from Google has been able to help me. I don't have any CD's or anything to reinstall. I am also not able to log in to safe mode as after pressing F8 I received and Error: 0021 Press 42 and F1 for setup. I am currently using Windows 7. I have also checked everything in my boot menu, all the hardware are working fine. I think its somekind of boot virus.I have got a pen dirve of 2 GB with me if in case required.Can anyone help me fix the problem or suggestions on how to bypass this error?Thanks for any help!

A:0xe0050001 : Endpoint Encryption for PC is not installed

that is mcafee related

as this is only installed on corporate systems & never on a home computer we can't help

Please do not request assistance for corporate/company owned computers. Many changes/deletions are made during the clean up process, some of which may involve uninstalling programs, deleting folders/files, changing settings and/or removing policies etc. As we have no way of knowing for sure if these are actually needed for company operations, malware issues in these cases should be handled by your own IT Departments in order to avoid any undesirable results.
Relevancy 70.95%

I see that the E7470 is listed in incompatible devices with Kaspersky Endpoint Security FDE.  It is listed as BIOS for the limitation.  Is anyone aware of any modification on the E7470 that will allow KES to deploy full disk encryption on it?  Is a workaround possible ?  Below is the kaspersky tech article

thanks doug
Relevancy 69.23%

Dear Community,
Do you guy knew if Dell E7250 is able to install ADDITIONAL ssd in M.2 Expansion Slots?
In the specification it's show there are free M.2 slot for WWAN or SSD.

If it's support what SSD M.2 model should i but 2242?

A:Dell E7250 SSD Expansion Slot

The additional slot referenced is in the E-dock expansion adapter - NOT the system.  The system takes only one internal M.2 drive.
If you have (or purchase) the E-dock port adapter, you'll have the additional M.2 slot.
Relevancy 69.23%

So I have Dell Latitude e7250 with i7 CPU (5600) and the CPU temperature is reaching 103 C when it's under load. 
I did the self test and I got a warning about the temperature out of range issue. 
Is it normal for this laptop ? Please note that I'm not getting any auto restart or shutdown, just seeing overheat using HW monitor SW.

A:Dell Latitude E7250 overheat

Hi Aghanem
Thanks for writing to us.
Is there is a performance lag? Is the machine overheating to the extend that you cant touch the machine?
If the bios is not up to date, please do the same and keep us posted.
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name
in blue and then select send a private message
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi! :-)
On an A12 BIOS on my E7250, UEFI PXE booting doesn't appear in one-time boot menu and BIOS configuration (of course UEFI Network Stack and NIC w/PXE boot is enabled).After downgrading BIOS to A00, it magically comes back, but after updating back to A12 - it's gone again.
I've also tried A08, no option in here, so it was probably broken before.Legacy NIC boot works nicely and flawlessly.
Are there any Dell guys out here who could forward it to BIOS development team?
Relevancy 67.51%

So I downloaded the image from Dells site and put it on a USB and booted from it. My SSD does show up, but it gives me an error when I try to install it on a partition. I forgot the exact error, but it says something about checking the log which I also can't find. I even tried deleting the partition and installing it on the volume it shows and even tried creating a new one. None of it worked.

Basically I took out the old SSD (I think its an M2 SSD) and put in a larger one and just want to put Windows on it again.
Relevancy 67.51%

Has anyone got the fingerprint reader working on the Dell e7250 with Windows 10 ?
I have download just about every driver Dell has to offer with no success - in Control Vault I have a yellow warning triangle and (code 10).
Is there any switch in the BIOS that needs to be activated? the laptop has had a clean install of Windows 10
Also in the device driver there is no reference to any Broadcom hardware.

thanks for any help
Relevancy 66.22%

Does anyone know of a way or download I can use to remove an existing service tag on a Dell system board? Working on a Dell Latitude E7250.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

A:Dell Service Tag removal on a Latitude E7250/7250 (Late 2014)

WHY? The tag is fundamental to getting parts for that system.
Relevancy 65.36%

DELL E7450, there is a problem with WOL. Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
In BIOS WOL enabled for LAN, in windows WakeOnMagicPacket checked.
Latest Intel driver installed, also latest BIOS version, port 9 opened...
I have also other DELL workstations and laptops(older, Optiplex 9010 and 9020) and
WOL working just fine...
I tried everything for new laptop but nothing working...
Can you please help?
Thank you!
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone,
A month ago I installed Dell Data Protection | encryption (enterprise) on my PC to test it before implementing on corporate laptops and it still didn't finish encrypting HDD. It's constantly displaying status "encrypting, sweep in progress". How long does it usually take to encrypt HDD and what can prevent DDP from encrypting HDD?
Relevancy 64.93%

Dear All I am having trouble with installing a clean OS on on clean boot can't W7 E7250 install my machine which is Dell Latitude E I spent three straight days to no avail on the issue that seems to W7 clean install can't boot on E7250 be known This is what I did at first I downloaded the Windows PRO image from the drivers and downloads section made a bootable USB drive and booted it at which point I get one of the two errors USB boots shows that windows is loading files presents a windows logo opens a nice blue Windows background but the installation menu for Windows doesn lsquo t show up Installation menu shows up but then asks for the required drivers in order to read the data from USB Note installation menu shows up every time if booting from an SD card but then stops at error number This is the BIOS setup that I use to boot the drive UEFI is off Legacy Boot is on Secure boot is off This is the setup that I use for the USB drive I think I have tried every possible combination of formatting and partition schemes I did some research to find that the image provided may not have the required USB drivers integrated and followed these instructions to get the right image http www dell com support article us en SLN This extensive tutorial leads to downloading the same W image I have already experimented on Then I tried to follow this tutorial http www dell com support article us en SLN And then this http dellwindowsreinstallationguide com converting-your-dell-windows-reinstallation-dvd-into-a-reinstallation-usb DeletingtheEIUSB Both getting one of the two errors described above I have also another two points to make I have another E laptop on which I tested the above solutions and got identical results I have successfully booted other images with different operating systems There is another possibility hellip Dell system detect has to be ON to download the W image maybe the image is specifically tailored to boot only on the exact same machine And if so hellip This makes no sense on many different levels How should I go around it if the system is bricked
Relevancy 64.93%

I all, i've nfc and smartcard reader installed on my laptop. Can someone tell me how can i setup them?
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone This is an overview which includes a guide in how to Endpoint Guide Configure SaaS McAfee and Protection Overview configure McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection One may say that because it is an Endpoint solution it is out of Home users reach This is not really the case and hopefully this guide will allow you to configure McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection Overview of McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection includes McAfee Hosted Management were of the configuration is done and it will be covered in the Guide section Anti-virus McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection Overview and Configure Guide and Anti-spyware Desktop firewall Browser Protection McAfee SiteAdvisor Enterprise URL Filters Below are screenshots of each component GUI Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Anti-virus module Spoiler Spoiler Firewall module Spoiler Spoiler Browser Protection Spoiler Resources whilst System on Idle Spoiler Overview of McAfee Hosted Management and how to configure McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection If you have seen the GUI screenshots or just installed McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection you will notice that you McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection Overview and Configure Guide cannot configure any settings that belong to the AV and Browser Protection modules This is because all configuration is done via McAfee Hosted Management McAfee SecurityCenter - https www mcafeeasap com Once you have signed into your McAfee Account which is required during registration of Trial or Purchase you will see the following page Spoiler - Dashboard The Dashboard is considered the quot home screen quot where you can see the chatrs on each protection module and other basic reports This is also where you can install additional protection modules add another widget for the home screen or restore it s defaults - Computers Tab in which the sub menu is self explanatory It manages the license on the computers Spoiler - Reports Self explanatory Can be translated in easy terms to quot logs of home solutions quot Spoiler - Policies This is where the user will have the option to configure the modules of McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection By default the only policy available is McAfee s default policy which works out of the box Beware tho under it s URL filter Shareware Demoware is set to be blocked meaning if you try to access Filehippo for example you are out of luck Don t worry I will show how to configure your settings if you wish to do so Spoiler How to configure the settings Start by clicking on Add Policy and then follow each screenshot to see the available options Once done press on the NEXT button which is located on top remember to name the policy Client settings Spoiler Spoiler Virus amp Spyware Protection Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler Firewall Protection Spoiler Browser Protection amp Web Filtering Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler - My Account This is where you can see your subscription history edit preferences profile logo merge another McAfee account that you have and most important register a license key Spoiler - Utilities This is where you can choose to install further helpful utilities to complement your subscription installation to other computers based on Basic URL Installation Silent Installation or Push Installation Optimization This tab contains the Cleanup utility to remove remnants of an incomplete uninstallation of the client software Active Directory Configuration Code About Active Directory Synchronization McAfee Security-as-a-Service now includes features for Active Directory synchronization which let you maintain the same list of computers and groups that you have in your Active Directory server With these features you can automatically add computers and groups whenever you make changes in your Active Directory structure and you can assign policies and view reports based on your Active Directory tree or group structure Software Upgrade Upgrade existing versions of the client to a new version released by McAfee basically product update found in other solutio... Read more

A:McAfee SaaS Endpoint Protection Overview and Configure Guide

As I said in you're review thread, this would be a great AV for a home network. The interface isn't that bad. Has a firewall which tells you what's getting blocked which is great.
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi! A few months ago I bought a Dell E7450. One of the main reasons for choosing this laptop was the battery. According to reviews it should do over 8 hrs of web surfing. 
That apparently was far from the truth. The laptop at best does 3-4 hours of moderate use. Probably because of the nvidia 840m GPU. I thought I would be able to manually disable the GPU in BIOS, but there is no option for that.
Is there any way to increase battery life? Would dell support be able to help me in any way?
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone I m a happy owner of Dell Latitude e i gb with discrete Nvidia card Moscow Russia Everything s great I absolutely love the machine but I did some hardware replacements after purchasing the laptop Y NBD warranty including the display because there were two spots with backlight e7450 Dell Latitude bleeding very noticeable BL bleeding effect www dropbox com AAAuKI-ZIphCHnN zWxOuBeUa However the replacement display turned out to be much worse in terms that BL bleeding affects almost half of the screen which is very noticeable when watching films or playing games www dropbox com AACpfISpdTxCGSg-wM A RMQa I requested a second replacement however this time it was denied quot Dell Latitude e7450 backlight bleeding Analysis of Field captures as well as service stock captures confirmed the light leakage is within Dell LCD design specifications there is no defect with the LCD panel or assembly Furthermore a certain light leakage is a normal phenomenon on FHD panels and due production and mechanical interference with the LCD bezel quot I asked tech support member why then they replaced it the first time as the display was much better and he stated it was some kind of exception at that time they also replaced motherboard and cooling system as well because of the high-pitched noise problem which is strange - either you have tech standards or you don t I m very disappointed as there s cleary too much bl bleeding and I still want a display replacement What can be done to achieve this I suppose arguing with the tech support isn t the best solution Thanks
Relevancy 63.64%

I buyed a Latitude E7450 UMA , Intel HD Graph, it said this laptop has two M.2 sockets ,
I try to install the m.2 SSD , but BIOS not recognized this SSD
m.2 SSD type  Transcend TS256GMTS400(2242)
did someone install m.2 SSD on Latitude E7450 UMA?

A:Which kind of M2 SSD disk can installed on Latitude E7450 UMA

wondering the same thing myself, seems the M.2 drive has to be PCIe to be recognized, but at the moment there arent any 42mm M.2 PCIe based drives. At least none i can find...
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everybody ,
I have problems with installing win 7 on an latitude e7450 it asks for drivers , I tried instelling them from the .inf files nothing shows up , I dont have an cd drive in the notebook , I had this A week ago with an Toshiba and the installation from dvd works fine but the bootable USB wont do the job , I tried anything , formatted the HD with gParted , the win xp bootable works and sees the sdd but the win7 wont
Please help me out , the USB hub is btw an 3.0
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a Dell e7450 and i am trying to connect it to a Samsung Series 6 6400 55" via HDMI.
The laptop shows that it is connected to the TV because when i go to the display properties the TV comes up. 
On the TV it shows that something is connected to that source.
Yes i have checked the laptop is on duplicate screen.
I have reinstalled the graphics driver.
I have tried every HDMI port on the TV but the tv still says no picture connected.
Different model laptops work via hdmi with the TV.
I have tried the dell Laptop with another TV via HDMI and it works fine.
How do i get it to work???
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey all,

I have a user with a Dell Latitude E7450 that has recently In-Place Upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) and ever since the upgrade, her Wifi blue screens when running a speedtest from (Or presumably after any extensive Wifi use) I have tried updating the drivers from Windows Update as well as from Dells website and the laptop is certified as being Windows 10 certified.

Relevancy 61.92%

I have problem with this: graphics driver stopped working and has recovered.It can happen few time a days and it is annoying.
I have Intel integrated GPU - 5 generation (core i7). I tried latest dell driver also latest intel drivers but still the same. Also I have latest BIOS.
I am using Windows 8.1 PRO. Does anyone know how to fix it?

A:Dell Latitude E7450 - graphics driver stopped working and has recovered

Hi ,
Kindly help me with some more information so that I can understand the issue better,
*Have you had the chance to check in safe mode with networking to see if the video distorted .
*Have you tried to initiate lcd BIST (Built in self test ) on the system by pressing the D Key and the power button once the test is initiated then if the screen works fine then you should be able to view solid colors on the screen without distortion .
*Is the display good on an external screen ( If it is then the system board works fine )
Hoping to hear from you soon .
Kindest Regards ,
Relevancy 61.92%

HI nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp We bought Dell docking stations D to go with our Dell Latitude E I rsquo m trying to configure the laptop for when the user disconnect it from the docking station it automatically connect back to the network Wi-Fi Adapter Switching work great if Station E7450? Adapter Latitude a Docking Dell D3100 with / Switching I use the Ethernet adapter on the laptop itself Once I disconnect the Network cable it looks for the Wi-Fi and connects to it with no issue If I connect the network cable to the docking station once I remove Adapter Switching with a Dell Docking Station D3100 / Latitude E7450? the connection from the docking to the laptop usb I lose the wired network and it rsquo s not even looking for the Wi-Fi I did configure the Dell gigabyte adapter on the docking station to be the first priority over the Adapter Switching with a Dell Docking Station D3100 / Latitude E7450? Wi-Fi just like I did for the laptop network adapter I updated the bios firmware and drivers I also looked at the bios power management Wireless Radio Control settings Both local area network connections are above Adapter Switching with a Dell Docking Station D3100 / Latitude E7450? the Wireless one priority Both Local area network adapter metric are set to only is in use both are set for testing purpose while the wireless adapter metric is set to As anyone had this issue or was able to get this working Am I missing something thanks
Relevancy 61.49%

We purchased an E7450 recently. It is having intermittent problems since day one. It will sometimes fail to boot up, or even not power on even when the battery is fully charged or plugged in. After troubleshooting various components, we realized if we remove the battery, removed the palm rest screws and reinserted the battery, it worked fine. Once we put the screws back, the laptop failed to power up.
Any help with this would be appreciated.

A:E7450 will not boot or sometimes even power on

Hi Michael,
Thank you for writing to us! I would  ask you to provide a little more information,
*Is this issue seen with battery and charger or does the system work fine when working with charger.
*Have you tried initiating dell diagnostics on the system by pressing the F12 key on system startup.
*Also confirm if any recent hardware/software changes have been done on the system .
Do reply to this post with the service tag of the system sent via private message.Awaiting your response.
Kind Regards,
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi Guys,
I am using Symantec endpoint manager 11, and i recently noticed that the my server disk space is reducing rapidly. the other day i found out that my symantec folder is using 64 GB of my server disk space. I read that to resolve this issue i have to download and install MR2 update. so i went to website but i can't find the file or what i am looking for. Can someone give me step by step instructions on where to go and what all to download and install.

Relevancy 55.9%

I m using an old work computer I got without having to wipe the drive I don t Remove 2 Firewall Wiped? Been Has Endpoint AFTER How Endpoint work there anymore so my SEP hasn t been updating since May Things seemed fine but I ve been having a ton of problems with Google Redirect Trojans another post in another forum sigh so I figured the outdated firewall antivirus defs needed to go So I uninstalled SEP TWICE actually first using a Symantec instruction doc on how to do it via erasing Registry entries But I noticed the firewall was still active so I dug deeper amp actually got ahold of the current Norton CleanWipe and that seemed to really get rid of EVERYTHING relating to Endpoint including Live Update which I imagine the firewall would need to stay current I then loaded Avast it s working great but I noticed it doesn t have a firewall I have Iolo System Mechanic Pro and during a scan it said that it detected that Endpoint Firewall was active amp protecting me But when I try to remove it via Add Remove Programs I tried quot Modify quot and quot Remove quot the removal process seems to work but then it rolls-back the process amp says there was a fatal error in the installation removal actually I m pretty sure it must be the fact that How 2 Remove Endpoint Firewall AFTER Endpoint Has Been Wiped? a company Symantec firewall policy How 2 Remove Endpoint Firewall AFTER Endpoint Has Been Wiped? was installed as it says that when you check quot Windows Firewall How 2 Remove Endpoint Firewall AFTER Endpoint Has Been Wiped? quot in Control Panel So now I have antivirus but what I believe is a hobbled non-updating firewall if it works at all Is there any way to get rid of the firewall amp activate Windows Firewall if I can t change the policy Maybe via futzing w the registry I ve killed removed pretty much everything Symantec-related in my Registry but of course there are so many levels maybe the firewall settings are hiding somewhere Thanks for any help insight you can afford me
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello All!
Does Dells boot sector not allow access to a harddrive when booting from a floppy boot disk?
I have tried it on 3 Dells now and the same result. I cannot go to the c drive after booting with a floppy, even if I create it using the same computer using the format util in WinXp or Win2K.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Dell boot disk cannot access HD

btclark said:

Hello All!
Does Dells boot sector not allow access to a harddrive when booting from a floppy boot disk?
I have tried it on 3 Dells now and the same result. I cannot go to the c drive after booting with a floppy, even if I create it using the same computer using the format util in WinXp or Win2K.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BrianClick to expand...

Hi Brian

I hate to sound as though i'm pointing out the obvious, but if its XP or 2K then the file system is NTFS, this isnt readable using a DOS floppy, its a security thing designed to prevent information theft by booting from a floppy, you can however download a floppy from here that will allow you to read the NTFS file system and copy files to floppy or another HD if one is present.

Relevancy 55.47%

my o.s or driver got corrupted..itsnt booting..only one drive in my lap..since i need my date i couldnt format and reinstall os...i have one driver c.d..i tried to repair but invain..its not bootin thro safe mode too..i inserted xp cd and tried to repair os..i went to cmd prompt ..then in cmd i tried to copy data from c: to my pen drive..but its says no access ..pls any suggestion to copy my data ..can i boot xp thro any ex.hard disk and is t possible to copy data after that???

A:Is it possible to boot my Dell through external hard disk

There are a number of BootCDs you could use. A good favorite of many is The Ultimate BootCD

Yes backup to USB flash, then install Xp clean (removing the partition when asked in the initial setup process)

Note, you do not need to create a new partition or even format the drive, as Windows setup will automatically create an NTFS formatted file system, on a non-partitioned drive, during Windows install.
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi All I'm running into a significant amount of trouble trying to re-install my copy of Windows Professional x I recieved my new Dell Studio yesterday and was installing all my new software etc only to be met with a various and pretty much Windows 7 (0xc0000001) Disk not function Dell will Boot unsolvable blue screen error about hours into the process Anyway after an agonising few hours on the phone with Dell Customer Support they suggested that I do a clean manual install of the O S from the Boot Disk I was provided I have attempted to do this several times now selecting F as Dell Windows 7 Boot Disk will not function (0xc0000001) the computer restarts and choosing to boot from CD DVD drive However each time I am met with this error Quote xc FILE windows system boot winload exe quot The selected entry could not be loaded quot Would copying the boot CD contents to a Dell Windows 7 Boot Disk will not function (0xc0000001) USB HDD then booting from there help If anyone is able to help me out with this that would be fantastic It's so frustrating that I just bought a new system and already it's died Cheers Ben

A:Dell Windows 7 Boot Disk will not function (0xc0000001)

Sounds like you got a bad installation disc. That would explain your first problem too.

I would recommend contacting Dell and having them send you new installation discs.

You can try creating a USB installation key first if you like. It certainly can't hurt. Be sure to read this tutorial: USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create
Relevancy 54.18%

I have an older Dell dimension L R Pentium III It is running ok but is kind of slow I am fairly knowledgeble with restoring computers but this one During Dimension Boot - Failure Dell L1000R Disk Restore is driving me nuts I am currently running XP and am trying to restore to XP When restarted and the Dell splash screen pops up i hit ESC and then delete to enter BIOS setup The desktops uses BIOS Version A I have attempted to move the ATAPI CD Rom to the top of the Boot Device list move floppy to last and even remove floppy completely but on startup Dell Dimension L1000R - Boot Disk Failure During Restore instead of information to delete old partition and install new OS it pops up quot Invalid Boot Diskette quot Insert boot diskette into drive A I have the disk in the cd drive and i know it works as a boot disk as i have used it just yesterday on a different pc I have even attempted to make the computer recognize the cd rom as the primary IDE Master under IDE controllers All this and I still recieve the same message of invalid boot diskette in drive A Any help at all or ideas would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Dimension L1000R - Boot Disk Failure During Restore

There is an option to "disable" the floppy drive in that Dell bios somewhere.

Be sure the jumper on the back of the Hard Drive and CD rom drive is set to CS cable select, they must be on a Dell. The hard drive must be connected to the end of the IDE cable and the other end of that cable connected to ide 0 on the motherboard.
Relevancy 53.32%

I'd like to encrypt my drives on my home PC running Windows 7 Home Premium and Ubuntu.

I've already downloaded FreeOTFE for this purpose, however since I have no experience actually managing this, my question is this -

If I take an existing Windows volume (C: drive), with Windows and all the data on it, and I perform a whole disk encryption using, say, a 512-bit AES cipher with FreeOTFE, will I kill my Windows? There was some mention in the software that you should back it up first (always a good idea!) because it could make the volume unusable. Could it format the disk? Or is that warning there because they need to assume I'm a doofus and will forget my key 2 minutes ater encrypting the boot device?
Relevancy 52.89%

I have Home premium windows 7 and I don't think I can do encryption or dynamic disk? I have Vista Ultimate which I can do but don't think I can with premium windows 7 but don't know?

A:encryption & dynamic disk

Hello Richard,

Sorry, but you are correct that those features are not included in the Windows 7 Home Premium edition.

Compare Windows 7 Editions
Relevancy 52.89%

I need to find good hard disk encryption software for windows and was wondering what everyone else out there uses.

Ideally I'd like to be able to encrypt entire disks, although I'm not sure how booting windows would work then. This is for both workstations and servers. If not boot partition, then at least data drives like d: and e:

A:What Hard Disk encryption do you use?

I use TrueCrypt that I mount at startup with a secure password. I set up a 100 MB volume that mounts as a virtual drive where I can store financial and personal data. The volume is stored as seemingly random data in a single file on your hard drive. The software was recommend by Steve Gibson on episode 41 of his Security Now! podcast. Here's a link to the MP3. It's open-source so people a lot smarter than me can look at it. I don't know if you can have your entire drive encrypted, but why do you need to encrypt Windows and your programs?
Relevancy 52.89%

I am gettign the following error when ever I try to turn on my computer

Cannot continue, press any key to halt the system

My friend says PGP Whole Disk Encryption is causing this
I am not sure what the problem is and how to fix it

Please HELP

A:PGP Whoel Disk Encryption???

Hi and welcome to TSF he is correct bootguard loading stage2....Cannot continue.... - Forum Index
Relevancy 52.89%

I just got a WD My Passport.

I would like to get some professional opinion's about Encrypting the Hard Drive using the WD Encryption inbuilt with the Hard Disk.

I have seen few people experiencing data loss because they forgot the passphrase.

I want to keep my data safe, which is why I want to get some professional opinions about using this encryption system.

Please let me know your opinions.

Relevancy 52.89%

I bought this computer from a friend and i am unable to login because I am automatically directed to a securedoc boot logon screen that asks for some sort of password. It actually says Key file (enter for default...):
I asked my friend and she said that she is absolutely sure she didn't install it but she got it from her father who is recently deceased. I have a bunch of really important files on this computer and I don't know what to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:secure doc disk encryption

I think that you are out of luck.
Relevancy 52.89%

Howdy, I am currently using "TrueCrypt" at the moment. This solution is viable but very user unfriendly, our password policy for compliance and regulation(s) is currently 18+ characters due to bruteforce and dictionary cracks, thus giving the remote user a headache. This solution also requires a password right after powering up, this is problematic due to prompted restarts after patches and whatnot prompting the need for remote user interaction to get the machine back "online" for scans and further updates. Is anyone out there deploying disk encryption to "remote" users that may be using a better solution?

A:Full Disk Encryption

Try this alternative:
DiskCryptor en - DiskCryptor wiki
I don't think many users encrypt their drives though
Relevancy 52.89%

I am looking for options on full disk encryption on Windows 7 Pro devices. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Full Disk Encryption

Truecrypt is an option- be careful, full-disk encryption is a tricky/risky business. Read up carefully:

TrueCrypt - Free Open-Source Disk Encryption - Documentation

Relevancy 52.46%

If GPT running for filesystem disk Whole encryption 7 this is not the right spot for this post please move it Thanks I have Whole disk encryption for GPT filesystem running 7 been working on a laptop for work and it has been very hard all the way around Objective Work has asked that I set up whole disk encryption on this laptop Here is the story This laptop originally had windows on it The laptop is an HP Pavilion -e wm or something like that Work told us to put Symantec Full Disk Encryption on the laptop Problem This product does not support windows We talked to work and they said make it work anyway So I buy and try to install windows Turned out to be a bigger headache than originally expected It has the EUFI system so that took different steps than normal I got on and it had no drivers A call to HP only got my warranty voided Thanks HP All drivers were for windows so what do i do I install windows drivers and HOPE they work Some worked some didn't Eventually I got all drivers working Now I have pretty windows I begin installing Symantec Full Disk Encryption and it errors out It cost I eventually got a refund Turns out it is not compatible with GPT file system So now work says if I have windows pro I can use bittlocker Me Great you tell me this AFTER i blow windows away and install Well I have no interest to spend another to get back were i started Next thing to consider If I upgrade to ultimate for I can have bitlocker too I head to windows anytime upgrade and it says ultimate no longer exists and to go with windows So now I am shopping for a whole disk encryption software that will work with the GPT partition table so I can ask work if I can use that I have already wasted enough money can I just use Truecrypt lol Thanks for suggestions

A:Whole disk encryption for GPT filesystem running 7

Ok I have been doing research on whole disk encryption and i think i like truecrypt but I dont understand it all the way.

Work says things that it must be able to do is
1 Be full disk
2 Have 256 bit encryption
3 Ability to use USB to unincrypt is preferred.
4 Must support GPT file system.
5 They want me to enter a password before it even boots to os.

Things i would like a little more explanation of.

You have encryption algorithms--such as AES--and it consists of 256 bit key 128 bit block and 14 rounds. What does that mean? Is the key the 256 bit encryption or the block? And what is a round?
Also they have hash algorithms.
So there is a little more i need to learn.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Relevancy 52.46%

I was in the middle of encrypting my hard drive (Around 80% done) when power went off. When it came back on, I tried booting the machine and it asked for a pw, I entered the one I had set during the encryption process but it rejected it. Is there any way of restoring the drive without losing any of my data? The machine has Windows 10 Pro on it.

Relevancy 52.46%

I am investigating the possibility of disk encryption software. To be clear, this is hard DISK encryption, not folder or file encryption. I want something that can accept a rather large passphrase before the OS can even start booting.

Any suggestions or caveats?

A:Disk encryption software/programs

I used CryptainerLE with no probs until I changed to their "mobile" version on my flash drive, only changed 'cos my work changed:

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I would like to enable full disk encryption on my Acer TravelMate P645-MG. I bought crucial mx200 which has AES256 encryption and was wondering if it is possible to set up full disk encryption with this laptop.In bios I see an option 'Set HDD Password'. Is this synonym for setting ATA password? Is then this passphrase used as encryption key directly on the disk? If there is no encryption support, what is the best way to encrypt my disk? I want to use dual boot with windows and ubuntu. Thanks
Relevancy 52.03%

ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security version version x have been released and are available to download Changelog Fixed IDS settings are not applied when installing exe package installer created in ESET Remote Administrator using Remote Desktop Protocol RDP Fixed Potentially Unwanted Application setting not overtaken after installation from prepared config xml file in the same folder as msi installer Fixed Several text inconsistencies in various languages Known Issues Support for ESET Endpoint products installed on Microsoft Windows Solution Visit the following ESET Knowledgebase article for solutions or workarounds to known issues on Windows Can I use my Security available 5.0.2237.x ESET ESET Endpoint Endpoint version and Antivirus are ESET Endpoint product with Microsoft Windows x ESET Endpoint Antivirus and ESET Endpoint Security version 5.0.2237.x are available ecmd exe is not recognized as a trusted app Solution To run the ecmd exe command line utility click Yes in the Action Center dialog window Blue screen error BSOD occurs when using version Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit AIK to create an ISO image from SysRescue on Microsoft Windows Preinstallation Environment WinPE Solution BSOD is caused by a bug in version Microsoft Windows Automated Installation Kit For more information or to download a copy visit the ESET Endpoint Security download page or contact your local reseller distributor or ESET office Source nbsp
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, have anyone tried to deploy Dell Data Protection | Encryption Enterprise edition via GPO?
I'm able to create a policy with an installation script, but since it's a computer based policy I cannot install DDP|E form the file share in AD and don't want to enable guest account on the file share. 

A:Dell Data Protection | Encryption install via GPO

Sorted it out by myself.
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi you all nbsp nbsp i'm having issues with mbam here not running encryption on dells m some how they have been imaged already i tried several troubleshooting and i'm stuck I think dell stopped produce this model nbsp latest v a already Mbam does not USB start NIC m3800 dell encryption installed Task sequence and encryption does work in all others models i have here i Mbam does not start encryption m3800 dell USB NIC do believe could be the usb nic I need be careful once use their mac add in other machine it might not work for a different one if i swap nbsp would not recognize a sequence task for your computer there is a small setup for reset that but not the case here What i was looking at its the mbam admin log and basically i've got is quot access denied by the remote endpoint quot task category quot volume Enactment failed quot if anyone has got same problem and sort it out would be great a lil help here Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Admin Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category VolumeEnactmentFailed Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp SYSTEM Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp originalname Description An error occurred while applying MBAM policies Volume ID Volume c ec f - bf - e -ae - e f e nbsp Error code - nbsp Details Access was denied by the remote endpoint Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-MBAM quot Guid quot FE E - ECC- -B A - B B C quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-MBAM Admin lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt originalname lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot VolumeId quot gt Volume c ec f - bf - e -ae - e f e lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt - lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot ErrorString quot gt Access was denied by the remote endpoint lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt i have no authority to change clis or task sequence if there is nothing to do apart from that i'm good to send other team to check it but need be sure its not the usb nic stopping de start encryption task always when i manage-bde -status its fully decrypted thanks nbsp
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone In the past I have had hard-drives go bad but most of the time I was able to use a bootable CD or tool to get my data off the drive before replacing it with a new one At that time I did not use a login password to login to windows I m currently using Windows XP SP media center edition When using a password to login to windows is it likely this would significantly reduce your chances of recovering your data in the event of a hard drive failure Can you still use a bootable CD or recovery tool and just enter your password I would also like to ask the same questions with respect to encrypting the whole drive with something like truecrypt When using a windows login password does windows encrypt the drive How does using a windows login password compare to whole disk encryption with something like truecrypt Other than forgetting your password or losing your encryption key are there any other drawbacks to consider before using these types of encryption disk and/or login passwords Windows security techniques Is there any real drawback to using a password to login to windows I would appreciate any feedback Thanks John nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

I read an article some time back about a person who had child pornography on his computer. Best I can remember, an airport security person saw it and took the person aside along with his laptop. Someone restarted the laptop discovered the hard disk was encrypted. I read some time later that the owner of the laptop was being held in contempt of court because he would not furnish the password.

And this is the clincher: The FBI could not break the encryption, either.

The point of this is that I want to know if there is any free encryption out there that will encrypt an entire disk so well that even the FBI can't crack it (at least not at present).

If I'm going to encrypt my laptops' hard disks and my flash drives, I might as well use the best free (or low cost) encryption I can find.

Relevancy 51.6%

The Sunday NY Times Week in Review Jan had an article about someone s mother having to pay Bitcoin ransom in a ransom disk to prevent ransomware)? encryption (block How malware encryption attack At home what should I do to prevent a ransom encryption attack in addition to How to prevent disk encryption (block ransomware)? Avast AV on my home Win Pro -bit and my home XP Pro SP or Windows Defender on my home Win Pro -bit One of the readers asked whether there s an app that prevents encryption of a disk or partition unless there s confirmation at the keyboard like a UAC prompt Sounds like a good idea - is there any way for me to add this Thanks PS and FYI I have Windows Defender on my because Avast uses up the entire capacity for hardware-assisted virtualization which I intend to play with later Similarly on my I still have Avast but I have turned off its Enable hardware-assisted virtualization for the same reason Finally on my XP I have Avast and have left ON its Enable hardware-assisted virtualization because on XP there s no interference with HAV But probably not relevant to my question

A:How to prevent disk encryption (block ransomware)?

The best defense is using your head when surfing. You may also be interested in this:
11 things you can do to protect against ransomware, including Cryptolocker
Relevancy 51.6%

I need a 2.5 inch internal Hard Disk Drive with Hardware Encryption (preferebly AES-256). Any suggestion?

FYI, I have found Western Digital My passport Essential series with Hardware Encryption. But That is external only.

Thanks in advance.
Relevancy 51.6%

I get conflicting information when I search Google. I understand that, if a disk/partition (in this case system partition) is encrypted with Bitlocker, any hacker who's gained access to the PC while I'm logged in will see everything.

What I'd like to know is whether the same is true when using TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt or not?

A:Full Disk Encryption effective against hackers or not?

...I understand that, if a disk/partition (in this case system partition) is encrypted with Bitlocker, any hacker who's gained access to the PC while I'm logged in will see everything.

What I'd like to know is whether the same is true when using TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt or not?

Yes it is.

Have a read through here:

And here, which is more Bitlocker specific:
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys,

I'm seeking full-disk encryption software. I want to encrypt the volume that my Windows installation is on.

First of all, does Bitlocker come on the home edition of Windows 8.1? I recall on previous versions it was only available in the Pro editions.

However, I would prefer to use an open-source disk encryption solution. I've searched but I have not found any that can encryption the Windows installation volume, the ones I found (such as TrueCrypt) can only set up additional encrypted partitions which is no good for me.

Anyone got any ideas or solutions they would recommend?

Thank you

A:Full Disk Encryption - alternative to bitlocker

Hi DiskCrypt, Welcome to EightForums.

Bitlocker doesn't come in the home edition as far as i am aware.

TrueCrypt Can't do full disk encryption in windows 8 (It can on windows 7 - Encrypt and Decrypt - Add to Context Menu - Page 2 - Windows 7 Help Forums)

If i get chance i will see if i can find an alternative for Windows 8 Home edition tomorrow.

Relevancy 51.17%

The Sunday NY Times Week in to disk Extra ransomware unless block (no keyboard encryption OK) help Review Jan had an article about someone s mother having to pay Bitcoin ransom in a ransom malware encryption attack At home what should I do to prevent a ransom encryption attack in addition to Avast AV on my home Win Pro -bit and my home XP Pro SP or Windows Defender on my home Win Pro -bit One of the readers asked whether there s an app that prevents encryption of a disk or partition unless there s confirmation at the keyboard like a UAC prompt Sounds like a good idea - is there any way for me to add this Thanks PS and FYI I have Windows Defender on my because Avast uses up the entire capacity for hardware-assisted virtualization which I intend to play with later Similarly on my I still have Avast but I have turned off its Enable hardware-assisted virtualization for the same reason Finally on my XP I have Avast and have left ON its Enable hardware-assisted virtualization because on Extra help to block ransomware (no disk encryption unless keyboard OK) XP there s no interference with HAV But probably not relevant to my question

A:Extra help to block ransomware (no disk encryption unless keyboard OK)

Step one is to make a backup of all important data.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello again I just posted an intro as I'm new here but I thought I'd post specific question that I'm eager to have behind me I recently purchased a new laptop that has Windows I'm not quite sure what I think about the OS yet but it is what it is That said as it's a clean computer with nothing yet customized I figure it's the perfect time for encryption I plan on using this laptop partially for business but encryption Full 8.1 (TrueCrypt disk for alternative?) Windows mostly for play as I have several other computers for strictly business purposes Due to the nature of my business there may at Full disk encryption for Windows 8.1 (TrueCrypt alternative?) times be sensitive information accessed or temporarily stored on the device so FULL DISK encryption is a must Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations as to what my best bet is I read that TrueCrypt wouldn't work well on but it makes no real difference since TrueCrypt is on hiatus at the moment I'd be forever grateful for any info the help me get this set up so I can start using my new laptop Thanks in advance - Vio

A:Full disk encryption for Windows 8.1 (TrueCrypt alternative?)

I would recommend "Bitlocker" as it is an in house tool and works best with "Windows". You need "Windows 8/8.1 Pro" to use "Bitlocker". If your current edition is "Single Language", you can buy an upgrade licence.
If you don't want to upgrade Windows, i would recommend "Diskcryptor".
Relevancy 51.17%

I dual booted my windows 10 x64 laptop with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, after which my windows would not start and it required to be repaired. I had encrypted my windows primary disk with HP disk security.  I tried to repair it but it was unsuccessful. I then tried to repair the  boot with bootsec but still I windows needs repair. Kindly assist.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone Since choosing to encrypt the ENTIRE drive with BitLocker which can take very long time to complete can I encrypt the Used Disk Space only when re-installing Windows When there is a need for me to reinstall Windows here is how I do it Boot from USB to boot the Windows or Windows OS setup process Then I wipe every drive partition under the Advanced Page section were you can format or delete all the drives listed I usually take all the drives listed and DELETE them until I see the only one listed as Unallocated Space That's it Everything else is deleted Then I continue or Entire Encryption Process? BitLocker Used Space? Disk on with the Windows installation Now this is NOT a new drive This has been used a lot to reinstall Windows But I always DELETE ALL the listed drives that I see until the Unallocated Disk is listed only So my question is this Will I still need to encrypt the entire drive or will encrypting the Used Space Only will be OK since I deleted all the drives and started from scratch when reinstalling Windows Or does encrypting the Used Space Only applies when getting a new physical disk or PC Because the issue I want to avoid the next time I reinstall Windows in case I get bit from malware or something like that is to wait hours to encrypt the whole drive again Now its too late because I already began the entire disk encryption with BitLocker But I do want to avoid waiting in case I do have to reinstall Windows again
Relevancy 51.17%

I updated my Windows 8.1 but after the update finished, my computer would not reboot. After trying everything, i brought it a computer shop where they copied off my files to a temp drive and reloaded the operating system. When I got it back, the computer worked great, except all of my files are corrupted. I've found that inside every folder is a file called CredDB.CEF. Before the reloading of the OS, I had Dell Encryption loaded but not activated. In researching ways to fix my corruption problem, I came across multiple postings claiming the same file corruption problem and the appearance of the CredDB.CEF files.

I checked to see if Dell Encryption was still installed, but it is not. Does anyone know what these CredDB files do and whether they are the root of my problem, or have some suggestion to restore my files?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Relevancy 50.74%

i brought a new laptop few days ago from hp world with windows 10 but in this windows there is no option found for "BitLocker is a full disk encryption" in control panel and not even when i am trying click on any drive , give some response of it what i do
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys

I have installed GiliSoft Full Disk Encryption just to try it out . so I did the hdd encryption and put a password just to find out , that on the trail version it only Encrypts 5% of the HDD

So I uninstalled it after removing the password

But now every time I boot I still git this Enter password if not press enter

I have removed the software removed the registry key every thing but this annoying message is still there it shows up every time I reboot

where else could I look to remove this Message

thank you

A:Need Help with GiliSoft Full Disk Encryption to remove post message

Never used that,,, but from what you are saying there are some remnants in startup or registry settings... try CCleaner to remove it.

If it modified the bootloader,,, try bcdboot %windir% from command prompt.
Relevancy 49.45%

on a Z20t-B-10C with one minor modification (upgraded to a 500GB Samsung SSD, dropped recovery partition, but not the EFI partition), I have the following issue:
When the BestCrpyt Pre-boot screen shows up, I cannot directly enter the passphrase, but have to 1) hit at least one key 2) wait for approx. 10 sec. 3) delete the entered key(s) and then 4) enter the passphrase.
Thought it may have to do with a delayed interaction between tablet and keyboard dock, but a USB keyboard directly connected to the tablet, not the dock, shows the same behaviour. Trying different things in the Bios (switching to UEFI legacy, etc.), with no effect. This phenomenon is, according to their support, not known to the BestCrypt people. Operation system is Windows 10 64bit, all drivers and bios are recent.
Has anybody else observed this behaviour? Or experience with other full disk encryption which are compatible with a UEFI bios?
Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Relevancy 49.02%

Just bought new Dell with WINXP. When I ordered it, I checked no security subscription but when I got it up & running..there it is, McAfee.
I hate McAfee as much as Norton. I already had PC-cillin on my old computer and subscription doesn't run out for 5 months.

Before I start to try to get rid of McAfee (there is no uninstaller that I have found yet) can anyone advise me on what or where to go to remove it. I know there have been similar posting on preferences before but..would also appreciate any suggestions for AV/firewall in lieu of PC-cillin.
I have finally graduated to XP after using W98 for almost 10 years. Please keep in mind, I am a senior & simplicity works best for me.

Many thanks to all you mods who have helped me in the past on the old WIN98 problems.

Relevancy 49.02%

I just reformatted a dell dimension L866R and changed the windows to xp pro. Since changing the boot order in the BIOS this message will appear. When you press any key the message just keeps repeating itself in a loop.

When you put the windows cd and don't boot from the disk windows will come up. I cannot access the BIOS to try and change the boot order which I think that it might be.

Previously the computer had windows 98SE but the video drivers would be recognized. Decided to upgrade to newer windows version.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Error message-->incorrect boot disk please insert boot disk into drive a:

Why can't you access BIOS?
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm looking to add WWAN to my e7250. Which WWAN cards are compatible? I'm looking for Verizon 4G. I think DW5808e is one of them but wondered if there were others.

A:Latitude e7250 compatible WWAN

Thanks for writing to us. 
DW5808E and DW5809E both are compatible with this system. 
Should you have any questions do revert.
Have a good one. 
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, I have a Dell Latitude E7250 that I recently reset it to factory settings. When I tried tuning laptop on afterwards and a screen that pops up that says, "Windows isn't Activated" then when I scroll down and click on the "Activation Details" section it says
Error Code: 0x80072EE7
The serve name or address could not be resolved

The laptopl will not let me go online with WIFI, stating that there ae no Wifi connections available.
Could anyone tell me how I could resolve this without having to connect to WIFI with the laptop?
Please and Thanks!

A:Latitude E7250 Windows Activation Help

Did you do a factory recovery, or  a reinstallation of Windows?  If the latter, where did the copy of Windows come from?  What version (7, 8 or 10)?
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello nbsp I have a newly less than a month old purchased HP Elitebook G nbsp On this laptop we are using the Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools This has worked fine for roughly two weeks nbsp But now upon startup we receive the following error message nbsp autorun sh line Segmentation fault wm pba -fn Droid Sans ERROR PBA returned grep wm logs pbn log No such file or directory grep wm logs pbn log No such file or directory ls cannot access var db lease No such file or directory cp cannot stat wm pblhook bin' No such file or directory Please insert USB disk to machine and wait a while press Enter after it is done nbsp Elitebook G1 boot drive HP 820 not with will encryption This happens before we receive a chance to type in the encryption key Attempting to HP Elitebook 820 G1 with drive encryption will not boot boot using the USB disk created during the Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools installation does not work it is not recognized as a bootable disk nbsp The Computer has Windows Professional installed nbsp Any ideas on how to remedy this situation

A:HP Elitebook 820 G1 with drive encryption will not boot

The lack of responses makes me inclined to believe that I will need to wipe the device and reset it to factory defaults.
Relevancy 48.59%

I have installed and set up BitLocker on a Sony VAIO with a TPM chip The drive has been fully encrypted With BitLocker on everytime the system boots I get the following message Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Information The system boot information has changed since BitLocker was at BitLocker every key boot requests encryption enabled You must supply a BitLocker recovery password to start this system Confirm that the boot changes BitLocker requests encryption key at every boot to this system are BitLocker requests encryption key at every boot authorized If the changes to the boot system are trusted then disable and re-enable BitLocker This will reset BitLocker to use the new boot information Otherwise restore the system boot information ENTER Continue I have tried disabling and re-enabling Bitlocker disable reboot enable reboot and BitLocker requests encryption key at every boot get the same message I have even tried disabling to the point of decrypting and then re-encrypting the whole drive Neither apporach has worked According to the BitLocker FAQ one of the following should trigger the message I'm getting Unauthorized changing of the BIOS master boot record MBR boot sector boot manager or other early boot components would cause a failure in the integrity checks and keep the TPM-protected key from being released This is by design because unauthorized modification of any of those components could and should be perceived as an attack Of course the BitLocker feature provides methods for authenticated system administrators to update these components if required None of that has happened Any suggestions Thanks in advance

A:BitLocker requests encryption key at every boot

When I tested it the setting didn't take effect unless I turned off bitlocker and decrypted the drive then turned it back on with the new setting applied.
I forgot to mention in the last post too, open an administrative commmand prompt. (right click on CMD and click Run As Administrator) and type "gpupdate /force" this reloads the GPO. (it usually take a little while for them to refresh by default.)
An earlier post in this thread states that you just need to apply the new PCR settings and reboot, but from my own testing you really do need to disable, decrypt, enable and encrypt with a new key. The only way I found to speed things up without having to wait for the drive to fully encrypt each time was to skip the test, and right away click on the pause encryption option in the ecryption dialog box. I would then perform my reboot test. I have to do it all again though. A reboot test and a hibernate test. It seems hibernating the workstaion also changes startup information on the computer that bitlocker doesn't like.
Relevancy 48.59%

Stuck on a black screen with only a blinking tilt. What should i do?

A:Disable HP drive encryption on boot

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! I am afraid there is no way for you to disable HP drive encryption on boot. If this was possible, this would have been a severe security issue because one could potentially bypass this security feature. Hopefully, this is not possible. The only way to disable and stop encryption or preboot authentication screen is once you are in Windows. Here is how this can happen (please, follow my instructions) >>  With regards to your issue - "black screen with only a blinking tilt"If your HDD is encrypted and if you cannot start your computer and if you cannot bypss this black screen, there is not much that can be done with regards to data recovery other than recovery of the data from back-up. Please, follow these instructions from this HP article and check the most appropriate procedure based on your case:>>  Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if this works for you.
Relevancy 48.59%

HiJust got a ProDesk 600 with Windows 7 pro, and installed the drive encryption.What the install-promt diden't tell, was the pre-boot drive encryption, and im now stuck with it.The computer is a shared unit, with several user logins.How do I disable the pre-boot encryption ? What I already tried:Restore windowsCMOS resetDisable various things in BIOSSearched google for several hours

View Solution.

A:Disable HP drive encryption on boot

I solved the problem!You have to let it encrypt your drive (took 2 days) and then let it decrypt it afterwards (also 2 days)Afterwards there is no drive encryption at boot!
Relevancy 48.59%

I have two ssd's both with Windows 10. I have it set to boot to OS selection. I want to encrypt both ssd's separately so that when I choose one OS or the other that is when I have to enter the password. So far I have use bitlocker to encrypt one drive but it requires me to enter the password before choosing the OS. I need to be able to choose which OS I want then enter my password. Is this possible with bitlocker or any other encryption software?
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a fairly new laptop and the cover is peeling from the casing.  Is this covered by the warranty as I would have thought this should not be happening so soon.  The service tag is CJY4J72 and the laptop is less than a year old.

Thank you

A:Latitude E7250 Plastic cover peeling

Your images are not linked -- but you should call Dell support to see what they say.  
If it's cosmetic damage, they won't cover it -- if it's a manufacturing defect, they should.
Relevancy 48.59%

This sounds straight forward but I can not figure this out I am new to this I have a Etower MHz with mb s of memory and gig hard drive I used partition magic to partition the drive inorder to Solved: system ! error or disk drive non in disk disk Multi-boot no problem try and install DOS and win and maybe linux I am following the instructions from this web site here gt gt http www xperts co za multi-boot I am using the disks that I made from downloading from this site referring to REUEL Boot disk this disk took me through the entire process It all went great until I rebooted and I keep getting Non-System disk or disk Solved: Multi-boot problem non system disk or disk error no disk in drive ! error I have no disk s in the drives I even installed win and all it did was go straight to windows With in windows I could see the drives I partitioned all of them except the one that windows was actually on I have done this again and again trying to see if I did anything wrong Anybody know what is wrong Also can anyone tell me how to get free dos I can not figure out what files to download The one that I am trying to install now is suppose to be mini dos I am really new to dos so I am doing a lot of guessing nbsp
Relevancy 48.16%

Installing MBAM with SCCM 2007. Normally works fine. On one workstation however...
On SCCM it fails. Without details.
When trying to run C:\Program Files\Microsoft\MDOP MBAM\MBAMClientUI.exe manually the error comes up. "BitLocker drive encryption has a problem and must close. BitLocker will close now. Contact the help desk of your company if you need additional help.
Details: Error fetching the encryption percentage complete."

Any ideas?

A:BitLocker drive encryption has a problem and must close. Details: Error fetching the encryption percentage complete.

ERROR: An error occurred (code 0x8004100e):
Invalid namespace

Figured it out...
Relevancy 48.16%

Good morning/afternoon/evening gentleman, wherever you are around the globe.

Today, after startup, Windows suggested to me, that I should export my encryption case to some external storage, just in case some bad things happen.

I was surprised, as I haven't enabled any encryption on my laptop.
Or maybe I was wrong, thinking that encryption = BitLocker.

Quick search in Control Panel reveals there is also a setting in User Accounts section named "Manage file encryption certificates".

I haven't enabled encryption in any folder/file using it's Properties window.

So why this "export your keys" option? I don't remember that from Windows 7.

I would be great if someone explained that to me, as I've never used encryption before (since I don't need it).
Also, is cloud storage like SkyDrive/DropBox an appropriate place to store that files?
Relevancy 48.16%

Just created a McAfee Virus Scan rescue disk for my desktop computer and am wondering what to do for my laptop that doesn't have a floppy disk drive.

Is there a way to create a rescue "disk" on a USB flash drive and make it bootable?

If not, can I create a bootable CD for rescue purposes?

Thanks for any info or links to relevant reference material.
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I m looking at getting a new desktop as my current one doesn t support more than GB of RAM I d like to get an SSD for faster boot times and faster programs so am planning to use it as an OS boot drive Probably a GB SSD as disc Boot drive full encryption and SSD at the moment SSD Boot drive and full disc encryption my C drive which has Windows installed and all programs and is around GB so that should provide enough space My slave would probably be a standard mechanical HD at around - GB to hold my data I currently run full disc encryption via TrueCrypt on my mechanical drive which as OS and data However I ve read that using FDE on an SSD doesn t play very well so planning not to do this That means my primary HD would be unencrypted but my data drive encrypted I m hoping this will give me the best compromise between speed and security Any thoughts on whether this set up sounds like a good idea Would it be better to SSD Boot drive and full disc encryption install everything on the mechanical HD and use an SSD cache drive for example Any thoughts input would be much appreciated nbsp

A:SSD Boot drive and full disc encryption

The problem with using TrueCrypt and encrypting your entire data drive is that it won't be mounted until after you boot into Windows. If you relocate your system folders like Documents and Music to the data drive and encrypt it, Windows won't see those folders when it boots, and you could see some strange behavior.

I'm surprised to hear that TrueCrypt doesn't work well on an SSD. I too use TrueCrypt to encrypt my entire system drive and all externals. Where did you find this info?
Relevancy 48.16%

I work from home Recently IT asked me to bring in my laptop Stuck Loop In Update Boot To Encryption After so they could update the Encryption Anywhere software A week after leaving it with them I found out they were still working on it They told me as soon as they put the update CD in the computer got stuck in a boot loop and that is how it is now Today I went to pick it up since Stuck In Boot Loop After Update To Encryption they have been unable to do anything to Stuck In Boot Loop After Update To Encryption fix it At that time they told me that they had the exact same thing happen to another laptop like mine Dell Latitude D I can t find anything on the Dell website that deals with this problem The first thing that comes up after booting is the Encryption Anywhere logon screen like always I can sign in there and it shows Windows starting up but after about seconds it completely re-boots and the Encryption Anywhere screen pops up again It will do this endlessly I ve tried telling it to use Safe Mode and all other options at that page I ve booted from the original Windows XT CD but still get stuck in the same boot loop I ve run system diagnostics from a CD and everything checks out although a couple times it has told me that pci sys and isapnp sys are corrupt Is there anything else I can try I really need to get some of the data off this laptop and would hate to have to do a complete wipe and start over

A:Stuck In Boot Loop After Update To Encryption

So you've tried to do a full Windows repair ? Your data is kept intact and only the Windows portion is reinstalled.
Relevancy 47.73%

Me and 2 co-workers got new computers, E7250.
Together with the E-Port Plus II docking station. (PR02X)
Problem is that one of the external monitors keeps flickering to black, as if loss of signal after a while.
Docking out and in again solves it, or removing the DVI-cable and putting it in again.I run 3 external monitors + internal.
Co-workers runs 3 external only.Same on all, one of the external monitors flickers.I have the latest BIOS, latest driver for GPU and Chipset.This does not help.Any suggestions?
Relevancy 47.73%

biggest encryption std to date+ most power encryption soft ?

nowadays I am so much excited about encryption after watching BlackHat 2013 videos and Def Con 19 ,20

can u help me to find out words most powerful encryption software and methods

and where to learn it

I think doing PHD in Encryption will be best way for me

thanks in advanced

A:biggest encryption std to date+ most power encryption soft ?

Join Armed forces. In their technical dept. you can learn the best encryption technologies.

I served in army for some years. They are very secretive....
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, My new Laptop (HP ProBook 450) running Windows10 Pro has HP Drive Encryption on it. Everytime I boot into Windows, HP Drive Encryption asks for my Windows Passowrd. I enter this, then I am sent to the Windows Login Screen. I don't want the HP Encryption Password to open up on boot, I want to just boot straight into Windows Logon. How can I rectify this issue? Thanks, Gareth

A:Prevent request for Password via HP Drive Encryption on boot...

Gareth 450 G1 G2 G3? Please read the ADVISORY Install the HP Support Assistant for the other updates  install the new HP Client Security Manager for W10
Relevancy 47.73%

I bought a new Dell i and it has Windows Pro bit factory installed on it I wanted to do a full system backup but the Dell Backup and Recovery software will not allow me to do a system backup nbsp Further I have been unable to create a system recovery disk using Dell Backup and Recovery I can t use the Dell provided system disk for recovery because it is clearly marked Windows Why is a Win disk included with a Win Pro bit system What is wrong with won't - DBaR Dell Recovery is Backup do me New - Pro i3847 System - & let 8.1 7 Help! Win Windows Dell a Disk Dell Backup and Recovery that it a can t create a factory recovery disk b won t allow me to create a system back up so I can return it to the factory state Help It s been hours and it is still quot initializing disk quot to create a factory recovery nbsp It usually fails somewhere during initialization or writing nbsp nbsp nbsp Spending hours for each failed attempt to create a factory recovery disk is NOT GOOD

A:Help! - New Dell i3847 - Windows 7 Pro - Dell Recovery Disk is Win 8.1 & DBaR won't let me do a System Backup

It has now been 4 hours and Dell Backup and Recovery is sitting on "Initializing Disk" under create Factory Recovery Media

I can't have it take hours and hours, then fail and then try again.... then take hours and hours.... then fail ... then hours ... then fail...

Relevancy 47.3%

Problem Description We have Dell Latitude D computers with XP They came with a program called Quickset This is a very strange piece of software that did not really do anything very obvious when it was run just a sort of start menu We no longer have it on the computers so I cannot give you specifics One day about months ago we discovered that the computers were running slowly and we could not access certain Web sites Microsoft for instance without locking Antivirus Dell QuickSet McAfee Issues up None of our Malware detection prevention software AdAware Spyblaster Spybot and others or McAfee antivirus software found anything It took nearly a Dell QuickSet McAfee Antivirus Issues week of our time and Microsoft's time which included doing complete system and registry dumps before and after hanging up on the Mircosoft Web site to track the problem down -- QuickSet Quckset could not be deleted cleanly but the Microsoft tech was pretty certain he had walked us through a complete removal As soon as QuickSet was removed the computers began working normally so far as we could tell When we browsed the Net for entries related to Dell performance there were thousands of hits and many of them seemed to touch on QuickSet though none seemed to have identified QuickSet as the problem This is not surprising considering how difficult is was for us to isolate it Microsoft was going to make an internal report and contact Dell I tried get a response from Dell but with no luck All I could learn what that nobody at Dell really knew what the program was actually good for Eventually I was told that it was no longer being provided with Dell products which may not be true A couple days ago we attempted to remove the McAfee antivirus software to try a different type We discovered that the registry remained full of McAfee references and every time we booted we would get missing program warnings that would not go away We used Vcom Fix-It Utilities to clean the registries and we were horrified to find nearly dead-end registry links these are company computers Fix-It cleaned most of them quickly however about would not delete even though Fix-It tried to delete them These were all related to McAfee and QuickSet We used regedit to manually go after these entries All but deleted The last were QuickSet VirusScan Online VSOCheckTask McUpdate and McAgent which are in the Hkey Local MachineSoftware Microsoft Current Version Run We can delete one of these however if we try to delete a second one the file we just deleted re-appears right before our eyes It would seem that there is serious issue connecting McAfee Antivirus and Dell QuickSet Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated

A:Dell QuickSet McAfee Antivirus Issues

Took this from Cloudeight forum.its worth reading.For those who have not read original post: see original post.. Also, others are threatening those that speak out as well. See Ben Edelman's site for listing in response to plea by Herablist to do something about all this, please read and RESPOND via the web form provided, as a first step. See below:Thundercloud & Eightball's RantEducating Corporate AmericaWith all the lawsuits and cease and desist orders being thrown at the anti-spyware community by spyware and adware developers, we've come up with an idea that will hit the spyware/adware people right where it counts - the wallet. But, we cannot do it alone. We really need all of you to read this Rant (it's not that long) and help us; the two of us cannot change anything, but the thousands of you can.Today, with your help, we are going to educate Dell Computer Corporation. We have used Dell desktops for the last 7 years. We've purchased many computers from Dell, including computers for our children, but we will never purchase another Dell as long as their advertising dollars are funneled to spyware and adware companies whose products clog millions of computers, some of them Dells'. On Dell's Web site (in several locations including this one) they warn you about installing spyware. In fact, Dell says that a great percentage of its tech calls are spyware related. It would appear on the surface that Dell is committed to protecting your computer from spyware. But, Dell's public and private personas, however, seem to be vastly different. Please click here to read the rest of this 'Rant'. It takes more then just a few voices.. please send the above rant to as many friends and family, post on other forums, spread the word. Everyone keeps wanting someone to make a first step.. lets try this one.Eightball
Relevancy 47.3%

Just got a new tower PC -- Dell Inspiron. It comes with McAfee and Windows Defender. I looked at Windows Defender and it said that the Overview Settings are being managed by the vendor McAfee.

Is it possible to separate these two? I'm assuming but haven't seen details that McAfee will shortly ask me for money. There's been no indication that the McAfee is a trial offering.

I'm afraid to uninstall McAfee just in case the two are now somehow married.

A:Dell Insprion came with MCAfee; want to use Windows Defe

if you have McAfee running then Windows Defender will be disabled by Windows.
McAfee is Junk IMHO. To uninstall it, you'll need to download the special uninstaller from McAfee site to completely remove it from your PC.
Relevancy 47.3%

My Dell N5050 laptop died and I tried moving the Harddisk into a old HP Deskpro. The disk boots fine but Windows 7 DELL OEM reboots as the windows picture comes up. It then allows me to do a repair but that doesn't help. The repair report doesn't give any clue to the problem.

I am guessing it is some fundamental driver that is Dell specific. Any idea how to sort it ?

The repair will allow me to get to a dos prompt.

A:Move Dell Windows 7 Hard disk into non-dell hardware

Welcome to our forum auror1968.

Their is a excellent chance that the OEM/SLP key, drivers and a lot more are tied to the Laptop and will not work on the Desktop.
Does you Desktop or Laptop have a Windows 7 sticker on it that looks something like this?
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an hp g and I encrypted my hard drive with truecrypt after attached HDD Computer or wont bios access encryption boot with and I am unable to to anything with Computer wont boot or access bios with HDD attached after encryption my computer now for the most part In truecrypt setup i chose to not encrypt the startup files I ask asked if i wanted to encrypt them and it said some computers need theses to be unencryted and some work fine without If the HDD is plugged in I cant do anything at all I tried to get into bios and it recognizes that i press the key by saying something along the lines of quot press f to enter bios quot where it had said quot press esc for options quot then it goes to a black screen where I can not type When I remove the HDD I can acces bios and I changed the startup delay to sec to possibly give me more time to enter bios and i changed boot order to boot from cd my truecrypt recovery cd but neither helped Now my computer will boot from the cd if there is no HDD but I have the same problem when I put the HDD back in I have also cleared the CMOS by removing the battery for min Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp