Windows Support Forum

Lenovo Y700 Error, Screen goes Blank (Black Screen...

Q: Lenovo Y700 Error, Screen goes Blank (Black Screen...

Really frustrated after buying Lenovo Y700 15ISK recently. All drivers updated even applied steps from this post but still randomly screen goes blank (Black screen) while the power is still on. Also observed that harddisk light blinking turns off too after this. Is it hardware related issue?Please help to resolve it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Error-Screen-goes-Blank-Black-Screen/td-p/3315813
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo Y700 Error, Screen goes Blank (Black Screen...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.11%

Computer model Lenovo Y Microsoft th gen i processorIt has graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GBNVIDIA GTX M GB GDD gigs RAMOk my computer is having a problem with a black Y700 Lenovo black error, screen mouse... of no death, screen This computer is brand new arrived on the th I was running World of Warships then I closed the laptop and when trying to re-enter I get a black screen Yes Lenovo Y700 error, black screen of death, no mouse... I have tried shutting down I can hear the Lenovo Y700 error, black screen of death, no mouse... hard drive and can see the power button backlights as well as keyboard backlighting I cannot see the mouse From reading other posts I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card I have never used a TV or other screen with this Please help me with this I am a new windows user having recently immigrated from IOS A detailed explanation would be appreciated because I have no idea how to do that much Perhaps a graphics card issue Apps I had installed SteamTF OperaChromeFirefoxWar ThunderHeroes and GeneralsI hadn't messed with any settings Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo Y700 error, black screen of death, no mouse...

Do You see Lenovo sign when You turn on computer? Of no You have to send laptop to service, I have this same problem after few hours of using the computer. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-error-black-screen-of-death-no-mouse-please-help/td-p/2238547
Relevancy 110.94%

screen won't turn on again if it goes off.even if windows is still active and didnt' go into sleep mode.when move my mouse or click it or click the pad it is supposed to wake up or the screen is supposed to workthat doesn't work.i have to press the power button then move the mouse or click it.i have reinstalled covery and also updated intel card via windows updateand updated nvidia card. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/lenovo-y700-black-screen/td-p/3449387
Relevancy 109.65%

To get straight to the point, I have a Lenovo Y700-17ISK and it has a black screen when attempting to turn it on. The power button is lit, and the keyboard flashes once (keyboard turns off after flash) when initially pressing the power button. The only indication of it being on is the power button being lit. Hard Drive is not running, fans spins briefly (5-10 seconds), and the power button stays on. Is this motherboard failure? Thank in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-17ISK-Black-Screen-Help/td-p/3324107
Relevancy 109.65%

I bought a Lenovo Y700 this week and I just realise that there are several (7) marks on screen under the antiglare protection. These marks are black and you can only see them only with white color on screen. These marks are not dead pixel neither stuck, they are something like dust under the screen protector.  Are anyone experience th?s problem??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-Y700-SCREEN-BLACK-MARKS/td-p/3432002
Relevancy 109.22%

Spoiler (Highlight to read)  Hi, Computer goes blank (it still works), keyboard is not responding, neither touchpad. It happens approx. twice an hour, when it's charged or on battery, using both graphic cards (one or another).I've purchased my y700 couple months ago, problem occurs all the time. I've sent it twice to service center, but they did not find any problem. Configuration:Genuine windows 10 x64All drivers are up to date (downloaded from support.lenovo.com)Tried using BIOS 35 or 37, makes no difference. Team, could you please help? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-ISK-80NV-blank-screen-freezes-periodically-often/td-p/3480108
Relevancy 108.79%

Hello Guys i have a nice problem with my laptop Almost weeks old nbsp I was eating my awesome lunch Y700-15ISK, black Lenovo W1... OSK 0xc0000225 screen, and when i came back the User interface was frozen and unresponsive later on windows automatically gathered everything about the error and told me to Lenovo Y700-15ISK, OSK black screen, 0xc0000225 W1... reboot the computer nbsp I rebooted my laptop and at some Lenovo Y700-15ISK, OSK black screen, 0xc0000225 W1... point of the boot it shows me preparing automatic repairs seconds later it shows me the following picture nbsp nbsp Note i had to crop the image because the forum only allows MB for the images nbsp nbsp I have tried the following options with the same resultI tried F nbsp Turned off the computer nbsp and then press the OneKey recovery system so i can have a fresh start The lenovo sign appears and down the sign the circle that means loading appears going aroundSince it is a windows problem i went with microsoft using this link nbsp Microsoft forum But when the system was booting i had the same results from to The result Black screen but the lamp is on waiting minutes waiting minutes waiting minutes plus a nice shower I use the trackpad in order to see if there is any response from the computer Nothing I touch the screen and then touch the trackpad boom there is a mouse pointer But still waiting nbsp nbsp Basicly i tried almost anything but i still dont know what to do in order to solve the problem It is an awesome laptop but this little deadlock doesnt help too much nbsp Lenovo anything that i can do in order to solve the problem Community did any of you had the same problem and solved or even tell me your experience nbsp Thank you all Kindest regards A nice frustrated customer Douglas Leekam nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-15ISK-OSK-black-screen-0xc0000225-W10-Error/td-p/3395818
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi, this is my new Lenovo Y700 which i recently bought. Very often, my screen will black out. I have to press the power button to shut down and restart the computer in order for the screen to show again.  Also, when i run hardware scan, it is showig Mathematical Operations Test. I am disappointed with this. Is this something that can easily fixed or i have to send in for servicing? Thank you.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y700 Screen Black out, also Mathema...

Hi Dennis777,I had the same issue as well. Please update your Intel Video Drivers. Both the issues will go away.Hope this Helps!Vijay.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700-Screen-Black-out-also-Mathematical/td-p/3304013
Relevancy 101.05%

what is causing my screen to go blank/black then back on(or not) and I have to restart??

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-C4-C5-Blank-Black-screen/td-p/3373651
Relevancy 98.04%

Hi all Starting Messages, on Black startup Error with Screen Blue Blank Screen yesterday my computer would go through startup while loading the desktop it would crash to blue screen with white text unfortunately I can t remember the exact error Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup message If restarted it Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup either goes to a blank black screen or back to blue and I could only get the computer to operate in safe mode with networking My antivirus software avast free malwarebytes scanned and found no infections I have Windows Samsung laptop Today I was Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup able to start the computer normally and am functioning with internet still acting a little funny but I am sure something is still not right I also did a system restore last night with the same problems crashing not starting up Any assistance would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance Brit PS I goofily started a similar topic in the quot Windows quot forum section without knowing this section was down here Sorry I tried to delete the topic post but couldn t Thanks

A:Blue Screen with Error Messages, Blank Black Screen on startup

Hello,I will be helping you with your problems. Please be patient while I assist you.Some points for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of us Please do NOT run, install or uninstall any programs, unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability. Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post. Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process. Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer.NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.----------------------------------------------Please do the following:Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe on your desktop to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click on change parametersUnder Objects to scan, check the box next to Loaded modulesIf you are asked to reboot, then click Yes.NextCheck the boxes next to Loaded modules, Verify file digital signatures, Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not an option, Skip instead, do NOT choose Delete or Quarantine unless instructed.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the full contents of that file in your next reply.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automati... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467144/blue-screen-with-error-messages-blank-black-screen-on-startup/
Relevancy 97.61%

I m not sure if this is one virus or if my computer has somehow picked up several but it is pretty much completely screwed I can t access ANYTHING properly so i am posting this message from another computer This is what happens when I turn my computer on blank blue screen with program error message quot explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows quot if i click quot ok quot the message goes away and i am left with a blank blue screen and i have to reboot the computer if i don t click ok windows starts to load up an error screen, explorer.exe white about:blank screen, black looks normal at first but then another error message pops up the same one and the screen turns black and says some junk like quot Warning You re in danger quot and then some junk about spyware then a few seconds later another error message pops up and the screen turns white and says quot Active Desktop Recovery Microsoft Windows has experienced and unexpected error quot It gives me an option to quot click here to restore quot but nothing happens when i do click it and then another error message pops up and explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank the screen goes black again then another message and it goes white and so on I can t really open any programs properly because another error message will pop up and shut down the start menu before i get a chance to open anything I managed to run ad-aware and it found some problems that i cleaned up then spybot found nothing then i explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank rebooted explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank and was having the same problem so i rebooted in safe mode and scanned for spyware again and found nothing I somehow managed to run hijackthis and print the log so now i guess i ll have to type it up i might do some abbreviations Running processes c WINNT system smss exe but system is with a capital S csrss exe winlogon exe services exe lsass exe svchost exe spoolsv exe svchost exe but system is with a capital S regsvc exe MSTask exe tcpsvcs exe but system is with a capital S zonelabs vsmon exe WBEM WinMgmt exe but system is with a capital S MsPMSPSv exe svchost exe internat exe wuauclt exe C Program Files Telstra Signup tbpt exe Telstra Cable Login bpcable exe Quicktime qttask exe Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe iTunes iTunesHelper exe Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe iPod bin iPodService exe Sony Corporation Image Transfer SonyTray exe C winnt msmsgnce exe nvsvws exe C WINNT explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about NavigationFailure R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HomeOldSP about blank okay this is killing me i am going to leave out stuff that i know is ok O - BHO no name - DEA E - ED- - - DC BEC F - C WINNT openwin dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO sr - F A- D - c - C-B CF A - C WINNT msmsgnc dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Disc Detector C Program Files Creative ShareDLL CtNotify exe O - HKLM Run loader C WINNT loader exe O - HKLM RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - HKCU Run cmsound c winnt msmsgnce exe O - HKCU Run winltmpv c winnt nvsvwc exe O - HKCU RunOnce Srv spool service C WINNT System spoolsrv exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Cl... Read more

A:explorer.exe error black screen, white screen, about:blank

Yes, you've got a few malware entries in there (a CoolWebSearch hijack, and a couple of trojans), though it's not going to be easy to remedy without seeing the complete HJT log. Can you possibly copy the log to floppy and then post it from the other computer?

What's the Windows OS?
eg. Is it Windows 2000 sp4? Or is it WinXP Pro sp2?

What version of HijackThis is it? v1.99.1 is the latest version.
Is HijackThis.exe running from a permanent folder, and not from within a zip file in a Temp folder?
This is important. Make sure HijackThis.exe is installed in eg.
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
Re: your questions at the end of your post:
Don't worry about WINNT / winnt and System32 / system32
They are both exactly the same (whether smallcase or uppercase or a mixture).
svchost.exe is legitimate and is an integral part of Windows NT/2k/XP (Services Host).
It is normal to have multiple instances of it running.

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html
http://cwshredder.net/bin/CWShredder.exe
AboutBuster
http://www.besttechie.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1488 (tutorial)
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

You will need to unzip AboutBuster.zip to a folder on the good pc,
then open AboutBuster.exe
click the Update button
download the updates
then copy the entire AboutBuster folder over to the infected pc.
Download the attached cleanup.zip file.
The zip contains a .bat and a .reg file.
Unzip them and copy the .bat and .reg file over to the infected pc.
Make a copy of them on the desktop and in My Documents.
You could also run them both directly from a floppy.
However, don't run either just yet.
I will tell you what they do and when to use them later in the instructions below.

Boot into Safe Mode

Close all windows.

Run HJT scan again

Place a checkmark next to the following entries only
and click "Fix checked":

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R0- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant= about:NavigationFailure

R1- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

R1- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,HomeOldSP= about:blank

O2- BHO: (no name) - {4DEA7E54-68ED-4281-9087-5DC1BEC976F0} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O2- BHO: sr - {5742F79A-1D91-42c4-990C-B46CF55A6478} - C:\\WINNT\msmsgnc.dll

O4 - HKLM\...\Run: [loader32] C:\WINNT\loader.exe

O4 - HKLM\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[cmsound] c:\winnt\msmsgnce.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\Run:[winltmpv] c:\winnt\nvsvwc.exe

O4 - HKCU\...\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINNT\System32\spoolsrv32.exe

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\ {FCFFAD89-8D48-49EC-BA2D-4703CF71009D}: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS1\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CS2\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

017- HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: NameServer= 69.50.184.84,195.225.176.37

O18- Filter: text/html- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

O18- Filter: text/plain- {D64FC72D-0FFE-467-A70E-E7C0C325733C} - C:\WINNT\openwin.dll

Close HJT

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-error-black-screen-white-screen-about-blank.338489/
Relevancy 89.44%

i bought my laptop through an exclusive Lenovo Store , on 12th May 2016 ,  today on 18th may i encountered a problem .i used my laptop last night , packet it and kept away . didnt open it since then , today wen i did start it it worked fine for a while . thn my screen started getting blurred , WHITE Lines were displayed at corners , althought the laptop was working fine . thn stayed blurred for a while . even if i kept restarting it .  NEED SUGGESTIONS , Should i go to the shop where i purchased it and demand for a new one , or can u help me out to gett to know what made this problem occur .

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Screen-blurred/td-p/3330071
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I recently bought a Lenovo Y - ISK I'm really satisfied with the product until I started bringing it to school Since the laptop is pretty heavy itself I assume that it probably takes a lot of heat pressure while walking around on campus I bought this laptop at the Y700 Screen Problem Lenovo end of March still under -year warranty and I didn't see this defect until school started in August I noticed that the screen started developing yellow-ish tinted spots near the edges of the screen So I did some research on the internet and found out that its a form of LED damage caused either by heat or pressure The spots don't appear in the beginning of each usage but comes back once the laptop starts Lenovo Y700 Screen Problem heating up Whenever I massage the area the spots seem to fade but only for a short amount of time The yellow spots are particularly very noticeable in a black and white image as the yellow tint is the only source of color I stopped bringing my laptop to school hoping the stains would go away to no avail nbsp Questions nbsp Is this a valid reason for me to use my warranty and return the product nbsp If so nbsp I bought this laptop brand new off Amazon Would nbsp Lenovo's -year warranty still hold How would the process work where to send who to contact nbsp If you've had this problem and know how to solve it feel free to tell me nbsp Thanks

A:Lenovo Y700 Screen Problem

Here's an image to demonstrate what I'm talking about. The spot in the lower left corner is the most noticeable.?Lower Left Corner Zoom In? 

20161015_210943.jpg ?1778 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Screen-Problem/td-p/3455808
Relevancy 89.44%

I bought my lenovo y700 laptop back on March 5, 2016 and for a while I've been having issues with my screen flickering black. I turned it on today and everything is fine and no screen flickering until I go to open my desktop. I can't click on anything and nothing will load. Here's a video I took and uploaded to youtube. https://youtu.be/ohDwOuD4oiI

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-flickering-screen/td-p/3469039
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a brand new Lenovo Y700. Earlier the games used to run fine but one day suddenly a diagonal line from top left to bottom right started to appear on the screen during gaming. It is really annoying and the game also lags. Is there a fix for this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-Screen-Tearing/td-p/3397303
Relevancy 88.58%

HELLO FRIENDS. i really need your help. i just bought and unboxed my lenovo Y700. but as i try to click the screen with my fingers the touch screen features wont work. what do i need to do.. please help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-Y700-TOUCH-SCREEN-NOT-WORKING/td-p/3435598
Relevancy 88.58%

I recently bought this laptop and I have two problems:1. Especially when the screen is black, there is a green light on the upper part of the screen. I don't know what causes it maybe a led or something is installed badly (it's a 5 cmē area). Should I take it back and ask for a new one?2. This problem is related to scaling. When it is set to 100%, everything is small but crystal clear. When at 150%, everything looks normal but some apps like Steam, BitTorrent... are blurry like they were just zoomed on. Reinstalling windows and drivers should solve this? Simply reinstalling drivers didn't help.Thanks!

A:Lenovo Y700-15ISK screen issues

I don't know anything about your first problem (it may be a hardware problem), but I do know something about the second. Some programs (Steam, for example) aren't made for high-dpi screens. for these programs that appear blurry, right click on their icon (on the desktop), and click properties. Under the compatibility tab, check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". This should work after you restart the program.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-15ISK-screen-issues/td-p/3299524
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a new Lenovo Y700. Earlier the games used to run fine but one day suddenly a diagonal line from top left to bottom right of the screen started to appear. It is really annoying the the game also lags. Is there a fix for it? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700-Screen-Tearing/td-p/3397301
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi just purchased this ideapad and the screen flickers priodicallyEven moving all mobile devices away from it this still happensINTEL(r) HD Graphics 530driver version 10.18.15.4271 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960Mdriver version 10.18.13.5362 Have looked online, assume could just try a driver update for the intel  would this solve it? Cheers Brian

A:Lenovo Y700 ideapad screen flicker

This might be a driver problem or an hardware issue.You could download drivers at : http://support.lenovo.com/ORIf that doesn't work then call customer care and give a repair request. New Laptops have rare Screen Hardware issue , But may be defective.There will be an onsite warranty that can be used for solving your issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-ideapad-screen-flicker/td-p/3376367
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello guys I have Lenovo Ideapad Y - isk and when i buy it i have lags Screen flicking nbsp after two months of agony nbsp I solved the SCREEN FIX Y700-17ISK HOW ... Lenovo FLICKERING on TO problem in the following way nbsp Im download Intel HD Graphics BETA driver on HOW TO FIX SCREEN FLICKERING on Lenovo Y700-17ISK ... Intel site Unistall current version reboot laptop Turn my internet connection off Install BETA version of Intel hd graphics driver Now screen flicking is gone nbsp I dont have any lenovo HOW TO FIX SCREEN FLICKERING on Lenovo Y700-17ISK ... software on laptop when do this actions nbsp in windows has disabled the automatic loading of drivers HOW TO FIX SCREEN FLICKERING on Lenovo Y700-17ISK ... and software for the devices Windows have been nbsp downloaded and installed again nbsp That is at the time of the fix I was not factory Windows preloaded with drivers and software from Lenovo nbsp Do not install software from Lenovo as this too can cause flickering in the model You can put only the necessary drivers for the chipset Nvidia graphics card touchpad camera and also to update the BIOS worse than this model of laptop data items do not The fact that the problem is related to the function of power-saving integrated graphics card watt savings lol nbsp This function was why removed nbsp it out of the panel Intel HD GRAPHICS but some utilities Lenovo is present and it can cause flickering nbsp peace lt nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/HOW-TO-FIX-SCREEN-FLICKERING-on-Lenovo-Y700-17ISK-INSTRUCTION/td-p/3426232
Relevancy 88.58%

I purchased my Y700 17,3' april 2016. I still can't figure out if the screen has a protective film or not. The screen looks grey, and I can se there is a hole around the camera. Is there a screen-film that sould be removed?

A:Protective screen-film on Lenovo Y700 17.3"?

Yes indeed there is an antiglare film attached to the display. You can remove it using a hairdryer, carefuly to heat it up and remove the film. There is a video on youtube doing that, but it needs attention as not to destroy the display. But if you remove it you are going to have at least 2 times more reflection on your screen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Protective-screen-film-on-Lenovo-Y700-17-3-quot/td-p/3439772
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello My lenovo y700 is brand new and it has been on really small usage (mainly weekends, when i travel) My problem is that on almost any game, there is this "line" going from top left corner to bottom right corner of the screen and itīs only visible when I move the camera. Things I have tried:I allways make sure that the latpot is using gtx 960m as GPU while playing.Enabling/disabling vertical sync and triple buffering, both from ingame-settings and from nvidia control panelLet Nvidia Experience optimize gamesettings Has anyone encountered this kind of issue and perfahp found a solution? Or do the ones, who are wiser than me, have some tip I could try? Or should I send it in for repairs under warrancy?Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-Screen-tearing-kinda-while-gaming/td-p/3392687
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi, I bought my Ideapad Y700 in December 2015, so it's half year old. Warranty is 2 years after entering S/N on Lenovo website. Please only reply to this if you are form Lenovo support. Question: Will opening back lid of the laptop to check for connection between screen and rest of the laptop void my warranty ? I suspect it's a cable that got lose, but I would like to be sure if it's worth even checking. Is it ok to open screws to have a look inside or will that void my warranty ? Additional information: Screen blinks even when booting, before operating system and also in BIOS. So it really looks like hardware problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700-Screen-flickering-blinking/td-p/3330885
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello, my lenovo (5 months use) has this issue it doesn't turn on, only the led indicator of power and battery, it was after i uninstalled my internal graphics driver, but i think its like a statistic energy bug, because when i opened the pc, i disconnected the battery and pushed the power button several times and then put the AC power cable and then it turned on. But when i shut it down again have to do the same procces again and again until it turns on and it doesnt always work. The only way to keep my pc on is to put it in sleep mode, never turn it of completely. Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-wont-turn-on-no-screen-no-light-no-fan-start/td-p/3400881
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi all,I had problem with my Lenovo y700-15ISKSpecification:Windows 10 Pro, 16GB Ram, i5-6300HQ, GF 960M + Intel HD Graphics 530I have installed latest drivers for both graphic cards and for WindowsThe problem is the screen, which at various times suddenly freezes, pop pixels. This takes about 15 seconds, laptop restarts and turns back. I think that in the course of the appearance of pixels, the sound is distortedSometimes this situation happens a few times a day, but also i have day without this issueIt happens radomly, when i'm browse the internet, when playing or once it happens when nothing on it was made, was just turned on...The computer was checked several times by OCCT and during the test the program is not shut downAlso i have ckecked that laptop, it's not overheating.Anybody have similar problem? Any solutions?

Zrzut ekranu (2).png ?2856 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-15isk-Screen-glitch-and-reboot/td-p/3470410
Relevancy 87.29%

I would like to know if for the Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 Gaming Laptop, taking off the glossy screen protection (which makes the image blurry and shows the colours on the screen not really good) does void the warranty or not? This is quite a decisive factor for me, in comparison to the Dell Inspirion 7559, which doesn't have this issue, as only after taking off this screen protection, the screen actually becomes very nice. Here is a video, so you can understand what I'm referring to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4UatgJxohY Minute 4:40 - you can see how this guy takes the screen protection off.A short answer of yes, or no in regards to voiding the warranty by doing this, would be sufficient.Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y700-taking-off-glossy-screen-protection-also-voiding/td-p/3461401
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I have a lenovo y on Windows and when I put my laptop to sleep I am able to turn it back on But sometimes the screen stays black and the keyboard lights are on Such that the computer did start up but the sleep doesn't Lenovo wake screen y700 up from screen doesn't want to The only way I am able to fix this is buy putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work The solution fool-proof is to hold the Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep power button to shut it down and then start it up again I bought this laptop a week ago and yes I updated all my drivers including NVIDA Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep GPU and windows updates I also don't have that many background apps running Here are my specs Lenovo Ideapad Y - Laptop - NV FUS Processor - th Generation Intel Core i - HQ GHz MHz MB Operating System - Windows Home Memory - GB PC - DDR MHzGraphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GBHard Drive - TB RPM GB SSDThanks for your time cheersBouga Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep

Hi bouga ,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Checking on the support site for   Notebook IP Y700-15ISK I7 , seems no BIOS update needed for this model. 
Typically even on Win Vista and Windows 7 that issue with sleep has been related to hybrid features. 

Method 1 : You may try to disable it using the cmd elevated for the command  powercfg -h off . 
Check on this video link for the guide steps 

Method 2 : Setting Power option to High Performance instead of conservation mode . then manualy setting sleep on the start icon 

Continue to apply neccessary updates that may correct this issue but for the time being , you can use Method 2 as alternate solution if method 1 fail to correct it. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-screen-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep/td-p/2259317
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello I have a lenovo y on Windows and when I put my laptop to sleep I am able to turn it back on But sometimes the screen stays Lenovo sleep y700 wake from doesn't up screen black and the keyboard lights are on Such that the Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep computer did start up but the screen doesn t want to The only way I am able to fix this is buy Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep putting the computer to sleep multiple times and then wake Lenovo y700 screen doesn't wake up from sleep it up back again and after once or twice it starts to work The solution fool-proof is to hold the power button to shut it down and then start it up again I bought this laptop a week ago and yes I updated all my drivers including NVIDA GPU and windows updates I also don t have that many background apps running Here are my specs Lenovo Ideapad Y - Laptop - NV FUS Processor - th Generation Intel Core i - HQ GHz MHz MB Operating System - Windows Home Memory - GB PC - DDR MHz Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB Hard Drive - TB RPM GB SSD Thanks for your time cheers Bouga nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-y700-screen-doesnt-wake-up-from-sleep.1165235/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi all I am new here so please be patient I just - LENOVO Battery problem Y700 (+guarant... screen and bought the new laptop Lenovo y at the beginning of s June and unfortunately have some problems with it I run it about times and see that the battery drown horribly fast - for web searching is around - h no cloud apps and heavy using I know this laptop have really good battery which should give us around - h searching on web and h on really heavy using you know - GAMING LAPTOP Additionally sometimes my charger not charge after plug in Sometimes is goes to and that's over Sometimes battery LENOVO Y700 - Battery and screen problem (+guarant... will charge to then I turn off the laptop and plug off the charge LENOVO Y700 - Battery and screen problem (+guarant... - after turn on system shows of battery bleep The second thing is a screen - a little bit of bleeding just lead from the bottom of it I don't think so that's normal The last BONUS one How I said the laptop is new and as a new I bought it On this site lenovo said about guarantee to for me and not to how it should be What's wrong With this laptop Lenovo offers years guarantee and I have the same on the bill from the shop - that's authorised Lenovo's shop I really need your help and want to know if I can give this laptop to the service and guarantee is including my problem Thanks in advance for your help nbsp Greetings DamienM

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/LENOVO-Y700-Battery-and-screen-problem-guarantee/td-p/3359937
Relevancy 87.29%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

Relevancy 87.29%

Hey guys I was installing kali from a usb drive, when it was partitioning the drive it crashed... So I turned off my lenovo g570 4334 laptop, pulled out the usb drive and booted my laptop up normally..... It loaded the lenovo screen, with the options to access bios, then loaded a black screen with a blinking underscore.... I can't do anything at all except from the bios.... I've been searching for hours, Microsoft support for 2 hours straight... And now I just feel like crying.... Please help me!

A:Urgent! Win7 will not load after lenovo boot screen, black screen

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run chkdsk first then SFC
If you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Vista or Windows 7:

If you don't have a install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows Vista Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 32 or 64 bit; Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323488-urgent-win7-will-not-load-after-lenovo-boot-screen-black-screen.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Previously it showed Blue Screen every time I boot my Y460; few seconds after the Window Logo. No matter how many times I reformate, it still showing Blue Screen, indicating STOP 0x00000116 and atikmpag.sys error. Subsequently, I went into the BIOS and changed the settings on the graphics switchable to discrete graphics. However its getting worst now because there is no display (totally black with no background light) every time I on my y460. Hence I need assistance and solutions, thanks.

A:URGENT LENOVO Y460 previously Blue Screen now Black Screen

closing duplicate, please respond at http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1117670-urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/urgent-lenovo-y460-previously-blue-screen-now-black-screen.1117669/
Relevancy 86.86%

I bought a new computer laptop ideapadY700 4 monthes ago, after few weeks start getting a black screen when i start up my computer, cant do anything only move the mouse.i tried to do a system recover but that didnt work, i get the screen allmost every time now and its is just annoying!! its a new computer and i got no time to send it to repair.can any one know maybe whats the problem and how can i fix it? thank very much to you all!

A:Getting a black screen on my new Y700

I'm just guessing here from experience, but if it was like my problem with my old laptop it was an amd driver issue. So try either updating your driver to latest one or rolling back to previous one.  This is your display driver I'm talking about.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Getting-a-black-screen-on-my-new-Y700/td-p/3428692
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello Recently my laptop screen had to be replaced due to a cracked screen Original screen was a Samsung and the new screen is LG After this whenever I install Intel HD graphics windows boots up till the login screen and then goes black one bright flicker then Screen/Blank screen after Black screen replacement completely black again However when I boot into safe mode and replace Intel HD graphics driver with Standard VGA adapter everything works fine except for crappy graphics ofcourse I tried installing various old new latest versions of driver software upgrade downgrade BIOS install monitor inf file from lenovo website for this laptop model everything Odd thing running Dxdiag shows my current display to be x bit hz So I tried to change the display refresh rate in advanced settings gt Screen refresh rate no luck no other option except ' Use hardware defaults' So I went ahead an modified registry values as given here How to Modify the Video Refresh Frequency in the Registry Again no use After I reboot and go back and check its set to by default Tried clean installs installing on a completely Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement new HDD Windows Pro Windows Ultimate Windows everything Is it a screen problem Or some hardware ID kind of thing What should I do Please help Dxdiag information ------------------ System Information ------------------ Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement Time of this report Machine name UNKNOWN-PC Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model AG BIOS Ver PARTTBLx Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A AA amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name ThinkPad Display x Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igdumdx igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF- B -EA CACC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x A AA Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available

A:Black Screen/Blank screen after screen replacement

Not all laptop screens are the same. It is important to get a "replacement" screen, not a "compatible" one.

On the back of the laptop screen is a product sticker (you can only read this before you install the screen). On that sticker is the manufacturer and model #. You can use that number to find exact replacements.

How did you come to choose the LG screen?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/360164-black-screen-blank-screen-after-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi, I live in Macedonia and I bought the laptop less than a month ago. Just now when I tried to turn it on, the power indicator turns on, the battery is being used but the hard drive light is not flashing at all and the monitor shows absolutely nothing, not even the logo. What the hell? I want my money back if it's already having problems! 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Y700, Black Screen of Death

Hi, There's 4 lights at the front of the laptop, you should have the two left hand side lights on, power, and battery, these should be solid white, or the second light (battery) may be orange depending on the battery level. Have you tried Fn key + up arrow? I.e. make sure brightness is all the way up? If so try the opposite (Fn key + down arrow) because I have a laptop that Windows 10 install made the brightness levels reversed. If none of these work do you even get the Lenovo symbol during startup? If not and the laptop screen has never turned on then you have a dead unit and need to swap it our for a new one, contact the retailer for an RMA. CheersMatt

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-Black-Screen-of-Death/td-p/2266792
Relevancy 86%

Shortly after the Window's 10 update my computer all of a sudden the following happens. The screen will go black and you have hear the hard drive running. Anyone having this problem and if so any idea how to fix it?  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-Y700-screen-goes-black/td-p/3418744
Relevancy 86%

Y700 keep on getting BSOD & wont turn , screen stay black with backlight all on. sometime BSOD appear and the whole screen scramble, i must force shutdown in order to turn it back on. Tried updating all my driver to the lateest and my bios is ver.30>> tried almost everything, the only thing yet to try is reformat/reinstall window. this laptop is brought 3 months ago. not sure why's this happenening

A:y700 BSOD and BLACK SCREEN

I think the best course of action in this scenario is a system restore.

If you get a BSOD after that also, then it is a hardware failure and most probably the motherboard will have to be replaced under warranty.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/y700-BSOD-and-BLACK-SCREEN/td-p/3347279
Relevancy 86%

I was trying to remedy the "plugged in but not charging" problem, clicked on something in the power section in a screen that came up after clicking on the power icon, and the screen went blank. I tried re-starting. I removed the battery and AC and held the power button for 30s. No change. When I power up, everything seems normal until the Lenovo splash screen comes up, the spinny dots start going, then the screen goes blank and stays blank. If I pull the AC, the screen  blinks on for 0.1 second before the machine dies. HELP!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Screen-goes-blank-after-Lenovo-splash-screen-on-y580/td-p/3342177
Relevancy 86%

I was trying to remedy the "plugged in but not charging" problem, clicked on something in the power section in a screen that came up after clicking on the power icon, and the screen went blank. I tried re-starting. I removed the battery and AC and held the power button for 30s. No change. When I power up, everything seems normal until the Lenovo splash screen comes up, the spinny dots start going, then the screen goes blank and stays blank. If I pull the AC, the screen  blinks on for 0.1 second before the machine dies. HELP!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Screen-goes-blank-after-Lenovo-splas-screen-on-y580/td-p/3342177
Relevancy 86%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 85.14%

plz help me this is my second day i just recived my new laptop from amazon  2 days ago  and the proplem is the screen gets black and the system freeze after the windows 10 starts with 3 minutes i dont know why  but if i plug the charger it comes normal ...................... but i want to use my laptop with out the charger any help 

A:My new y700 17 inch gets black screen after 3 minu...

In order to check.... try theseFirst update Bios if updates are available....Second go to power options->On left side click what power options do->change settings that are unavailable->untick turn on fast startup(recommended)... u r doneAt lastChange power plan to high performance,Go to lenovo settings enable conservation mode(This charges battery 55-60% saving remaining 40 % of battery life untouched), uncheck battery stretch..... go to energy manager if you have and disable dim display and outlook events...... Install ACPI driver,Uninstall and update Graphics & audio drivers from lenovo website...... Do restart.... Always have an antivirus whether its free or paid(Only Free-Avast,Avira /Paid-BitDefender,Kaspersky others are out of list or virus themselvs jus kidding)..... lastly do SFC \SCANNOW RegardsKamal

Ask any questions or Doubts,Always ready to help.... Dont forget to click kudos if i have helped you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/My-new-y700-17-inch-gets-black-screen-after-3-minutes-with-out/td-p/3312844
Relevancy 84.28%

I get a black screen (with backlight).No hard disk access,input output system does not work (It does not turn on/off CapsLk or NumLock).The CPU is not working! Only a long holding the power button turns off the computer.1) my OS installed from the Microsoft Download Center (?winver? into: release 1511,build number 10586,494)2) all drivers are updated from the support center Y700 Touch-15ISK Laptop (ideapad)   (including (ACPI) Driver.)3) I do not install any utility from Lenovo.4) I get a black screen when my laptop is connected to AC power and when running on battery power.5) Power plan is set up by default (Not Configured) 6) I never get problems in High performance mode with connection to AC power (Minimum processor state : Plugged in 100%). I attach my system log

Y700-15ISK Touch/BIOS: CDCN35WWi7-6700HQ/GTX 960M/(RAM) 16,0 /LITEON CV1-8B512

A:Y700 Touch-15ISK .Black screen.The CPU is not work...

You can press the novo buttonGet into the bios and set legacy boot up .And insect the Windows installion cd to fix

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-Touch-15ISK-Black-screen-The-CPU-is-not-working/td-p/3371043
Relevancy 83.42%

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit. So, these are my problems described in the title. I cannot change desktop from black, only can set a picture as a background.

When I am in pictures folder for example, I see blank or black thumbnails.
When I right click and go to personalize, I can see black themes instead of actual pictures.

I tried almost everything.
- reinstalling video driver
- clearing thumbnail from disk cleanup
- resetting dwm.exe
- going into safemode and then restaring into normal windows
- I tried fixing shell by using "fixshell"
- clearing & repairing registry errors
- ran an error checker
- ran a file checker

I have Microsoft Office 2010 - I heard that it could be the issue, but maybe I am not right, anyway...

I attached a print screen photo.

And, I am hopeless, any help please? Thanks

A:Windows 7 black screen, black or blank thumbnails, and black desktop themes

I noticed you're not running Aero. Click on last item, left side - "Troubleshoot problems with transparency...."

Office 2010 should not be a factor here. Public pics folder is empty - it should have sample pics in it.

Validate your OS installation - Genuine Microsoft Software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-black-or-blank-thumbnails-and-black-desktop-themes-553925.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My Y - ISK Screen is black hard disk indicator if off nbsp Hi this is my second Lenovo Ideapad Y - isk nv the first one stop working the motherboard failed after hour of screen, hard Y700-15ISK is Black indicator disk of... use Lenovo sent me another laptop this one arrived days ago and now has problem too nbsp The machine was working fine I restart it and the screen keep black the keyboard was on but Y700-15ISK Black screen, hard disk indicator is of... the screen doesn t show anything After min and nothing I shut it down and I realize that the laptop doesn t display the Lenovo logo doesn t show anything again the hard disk indicator is off it doesn t blink nbsp I try to recovery the system using Lenovo OneKey Recovery System or try to enter to the BIOS but the Lenovo Novo Button only start the laptop doesn t show the menu The laptop restart and the keyboard blink but I can turn it on I can t access to the PC I can't see anything nbsp Here is the Machine Info Lenovo Ideapad Y - ISKModel nvMTM NV FUSMO PF XB B Factory ID JVHFC nbsp Two different machine and both Y700-15ISK Black screen, hard disk indicator is of... got problems before first month Is there something wrong with the Ideapad Y model How can I solve my problem Any advice nbsp nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Y700-15ISK Black screen, hard disk indicator is of...

Yes, there is something wrong with this model. A lot of other people have had the same issue where the laptop will no longer boot after a long sleep or shutdown. There is a BIOS update that is being released sometime by the end of the month to fix this issue. I do not know if Lenovo has a USB flash function, but if they don't you should probably exchange for another or wait for the BIOS update, so that you can flash the new BIOS as soon as you get the replacement.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-15ISK-Black-screen-hard-disk-indicator-is-off/td-p/2265183
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi there. I'm just hoping that I can find the solution as soon as possible. So I tried playing some casual games yesterday and all of a sudden the game froze and the image started tearing apart. Next thing you know it, the screen went blank. So I force shut down it and reboot, but after the Lenovo logo, the screen goes blank. There's a faint glow, but there's no image or cursor. Could it possibly be that the GPU crashed and there's no graphic to power the display? Or should I try entering Recovery Mode or Safe Mode to switch the display graphic to Intel HD? Besides, how do I enter Safe/Recovery Mode since I'm on Windows 10. Any help would be much appreciated.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-Blank-Screen/td-p/3336077
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello everyone,I have an issue with my lenovo g570 laptop, when I turned it on,but the screen show me nothing ! it's just blank, although the power is light and I can hear the sound of the fan working properly,I tried the power drain, checking the RAM but still not working. I also tried to connect it to an external monitor and it's working fine. Can anyone help me?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Blank-screen-on-lenovo-g570/td-p/3462397
Relevancy 79.12%

Well, as the topic suggests, my laptop has a blank screen after the lenovo logo when I power it on. The only thing that shows up is a blinking underscore. Please help.

14708385432301929176729.jpg ?3416 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/blank-screen-after-lenovo-logo/td-p/3390912
Relevancy 79.12%

Dear All,

I just got a Lenovo T61 Lap from a friend and trying to fix, the problem is when I turn on that Lap I got a blank screen, I tried it on a good working external monitor I got a coloured screen please see pics. Please guys advice me as soon as possible what to do and what is a symptom of this problem. Thank you.

Relevancy 79.12%

I have a G Ideapad that will not boot or boot to the bios no matter what I try It goes directly g500 screen Lenovo blank to a blank screen back light is on monitor but nothing appears no matter which button I push to turn it on The Lenovo screen does not appear I have removed everything including the hard drive reseated the ram and the processor and Lenovo g500 blank screen have even unplugged the cmos battery after removing the main battery for days and it still will not go to bios This happened two other times but I was able to get it to go to bios I have upgraded from win to I tried the hard reset Nothing I even tried to put another hard drive from another computer in but still get that maddening blank screen right after turning on Trying Fn F or F does nothing I would love if someone has some idea I can try to get to the bios I have not tried

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/lenovo-g500-blank-screen-1062026.html
Relevancy 79.12%

History I recently changed motherboards and removed a (0x80070422) Error blank; options/info Screen Backup screen nd hard drive which contained win The system now has one drive with Win Pro on it My backups have been going to a removable seagate usb drive and was not always plugged into the system so occasionally I got a Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) notice that windows couldn't find the backup drive which was not a problem Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) as I plugged it in weekly and backup ran fine then What I've done so far sfc scannow from elevated prompt no files had problems ran MRT and virus scan came back negative Started Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422) system repair disk and selected Startup Repair and came back with no problems ran additional available troubleshooter which came back with no problems found The full error message reads quot The backup application could not start due to an internal error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it x quot When I select quot Backup and Restore quot the page comes up showing only the words quot Control Panel Home quot in the upper left in the blue area and the words quot Backup or Restore your files quot in the top white area of the page The rest of the page is blank See attached pdf Not surprisingly then the service doesn't show up in msconfig as a startup service The error is supposed to be according to technet articles indicative of a corrupted file however as stated above System File Checker finds nothing Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas G

A:Backup Screen options/info screen blank; Error (0x80070422)

Windows Backup was disabled in "Services" for an unknown reason. Also, I was looking for "Backup and Restore" at the top of the list of services instead of Windows Backup at the very bottom of the list. I didn't look in "Linux Backup and Restore", either. Duh. Anyway, good news, easy fix. Done.

How:

"Start > right click "Computer" > select "Manage" > select "Services" > select "Windows Backup" from list and double click it. When the pop up window opens, if the pull down says "This service is disabled" click on the pull down and select Manual. Click "Apply". "OK". Done.

Now, just go to backup and restore in the Maintenance folder on the start menu program list, click it and Backup menu is there ready to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/315988-backup-screen-options-info-screen-blank-error-0x80070422.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Well, as the topic suggests, my laptop has a blank screen after the lenovo logo when I power it on. The only thing that shows up is a blinking underscore. Please help.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

14708385432301929176729.jpg ?3416 KB

A:100 15iBD - blank screen after lenovo logo

Hi Daisuke , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Would you have the machine number ? Check on the machine number from the sticker or check it from here ,just keep your serial number confidential.

Best way to proceed is to isolate the issue . You can shutdown the PC and unplug the ac adapter , remove the battery (if removable) and press and hold down the power button for 12 seconds to drain remaining power . 
Use the Novo button instead to turn on where you expect to see the Novo Menu . Choose BIOS set up and verify if the harddrive is detected . You can F9 to reload defaults and F10 to save and exit. 

If the BIOS screen and tabs are working then we are safe to conclude that on the machine level , the laptop is working so that would now lead us to Boot issue either bad windows start up or bad display driver. 

Try to connect it to any available external monitor  ( press any FN keys to toggle if needed ex. FN + F10 ).
Any display on the external?  How is pressing ctrl alt del , any changes ? Tap on caps/ num lock ,see if any indicator led going on off too. 

Update us how it goes. 

Regards

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100-15iBD-blank-screen-after-lenovo-logo/td-p/3390912
Relevancy 78.26%

Yesterday I had this issue with my Lenovo R and I alredy solved but i want to post the solution on this forum for other people Blank booting up not / screen R400 Lenovo nbsp nbsp The ProblemMy laptop entered in hibernation mode and in the morning that i tried to turn it on it didnt I pushed the power button i see the lights Lenovo R400 not booting up / Blank screen of and A turned on and off twice but didnt show the boot screen The screen was nbsp blank doing Lenovo R400 not booting up / Blank screen nothing nbsp Solution Disconnect the power cable and battery and push the power button times and in the th push the button for seconds Connect power and push power button Then you can connect the battery nbsp Solution The one that helped me Removed the power cable the battery and the internal battery of CMOS and let it disconnected all for hours I dont now the exact time that it have to be disconected but i read a post saying maybe with few hours if enought nbsp Then you connect the cable and push F until beeps nbsp and turn on the Laptop to enter in Supervisor Mode to set date and time F and exit Connect the CMOS's battery and normal battery and is all nbsp WARNINGIf you reset the CMOS and the laptop have a Supervisor Password enabled and you dont have it nbsp you will be in big problems Mine laptop didnt have it I was luck because i didnt know it Without the Supervisor password you cant set the date time and the laptop wont boot again You will need to change the MotherBoard Or maybe you can find another solution but wont be easy So be carefull about this nbsp I hope this can help you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Lenovo-R400-not-booting-up-Blank-screen/td-p/3334415
Relevancy 78.26%

My two year old Flex 2 suddenly wont turn on.   The power button lights up and the fan starts but the screen remains black.  I have let the power drain completely (you cannot remove the battery)  pressed the power button for 15sec x 4 then connected to the charger and still a blank screen.   the last timed I did attempt a "hard restart", everytime I held the power button a loud bleep occured which stopped when I let go of the power button.   Its warranty has expired and im not very knowledgable.  I am happy to send it away to be looked at, just dont know the best place to send it in the UK.  Any help?N

A:Lenovo flex 2 will not start, Blank screen

Hi Nigs,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

I would suggest you to visit the nearest Lenovo service centres for further assistance.

Good luck  Let us know how you get on.     

Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-2-will-not-start-Blank-screen/td-p/3307792
Relevancy 78.26%

My Lenovo yoga 3 will often go to a blank screen when I am working on it writing a paper or something. When it goes blank, I have to wait a few seconds and then I can hit a key on the laptop to make the login screen appear and login again. Sometimes it will happen just once, but often it will happen multiple times even within a minute. Any idea how to fix this so it quits blanking out on me? Please and thank you!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-3-sudden-blank-screen/td-p/3437522
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi All,
I am facing problem please help me out. Actually I forgot my Administrator password and I was using my system using Guest Account. But unfortunately today when I turn on my laptop to try recover the password, display turned into Blank and I hardly can see folders, Icon etc. I tried some with my own but does work thats why I need some expert advise. I have tried the following but didn't work

1. Reboot the system.
2. Opened in safe mode.
3. remove the battery and adapter after some time reboot. etc.

My laptop's configuration is given below :
Lenovo G580,Ci5 3RD/4GB/500GB/Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Please let me know If you required any specific information.

Thanks in Advance
Shubh

A:Lenovo G580/i5/4GB blank screen on bootup

For password see option 4 or 5 - User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

Can you be more specific about how it turned blank? A photograph will help tremendously. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376649-lenovo-g580-i5-4gb-blank-screen-bootup.html
Relevancy 78.26%

After upgrade from the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 start display going to the black and just power on off going back to the works.After downgrade to the Windows 8.1 same problem(most times during Skype video calls).Drivers of the display upgraded to the last one(Ge Force 840M and Intel HD).I try to find mail of Lenovo support,but it not show in the web site of Lenovo.Please help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Black-screen-on-Lenovo-z50/td-p/3458754
Relevancy 78.26%

i have a lenovo t61
after the lenovo screen it just goes black...
i can get into bios
but it doesnt matter after that
i cant boot off cd or anything...just black
i have reset bios to defaults
and also have connected an external screen which doesnt come up

i think its fried...

any advice?

Relevancy 78.26%

I use Windows 10, and it's updated. When I put my computer into hibernate, sometimes the screen is black when I start pc again. Only solution is to restart pc. Is this a known problem? How do I solve it?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700-17-3-quot-Windows-10-Black-screen-after/td-p/3439759
Relevancy 77.83%

First I run Windows and keep it updated as much as Microsoft releases updates I also reguarly Blank Blue > screen Error > loading screen run anti-virus anti-spyware defrag etc The problem started weeks ago when I booted the computer it showed the MB splash screen and then instead of the loading screen it just showed quot Error loading OS quot in the top left Well I figured the hard drive was going so I pulled it out blew it off tapped on it checked connections and stuck Error loading > Blue screen > Blank screen it back in Rebooted and everything seemed fine and has the past weeks Well today I was playing Civilization and the screen went blue Yes the dreaded blue screen but no error messages on the screen or anything Just a solid blue screen The computer didn t respond to anything so I pushed the power button on the case Well upon restarting nothing happens Just a blank screen No MB splash screen or anything Everything is powered up and I can hear the hard drive spinning but nothing is on the screen Specs Windows Pro ASUS P C E Deluxe mobo Ghz P GB Kingston ValueRAM ATI XT Maxtor hard drive Old Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Error loading > Blue screen > Blank screen

Doubt this will help but have you tried seeing if you can start in safe mode?

Reboot and hit F8 as it tries to start up. Think it is F8 in 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-loading-blue-screen-blank-screen.443658/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Just a few days ago I purchase a inch blank unresponsive screen IdeaPad Lenovo and 100S wide Lenovo IdeaPad s I also own a TEAC Screen Monitor which I connect them together with a HDMI cord to have dual monitors Recently while I was playing a game on my computer my screen just flashed white and stayed white but my other monitor which I have them to be extended for more room was completely responsive I turned off my computer by holding down the power button until the charging and power button were both off then switched it back on Instead the computer appeared to be on the power and charging lights were switched on but the screen was just blank and black and my dual monitor the TEAC television acted as my one and only monitor I logged on and went to my settings to check if there were any signs of my laptop screen working but there wasn't it only said my TEAC monitor was the only screen I had Any help of what I can do nbsp nbsp NOTE I use Windows

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100S-screen-unresponsive-and-blank/td-p/3395173
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I am having a very Problem! on Startup Screen Z580 Lenovo Blank big struggle with turning on my laptop to show a display People have said that I should get a VGA or a Lenovo Z580 Blank Screen on Startup Problem! HDMI cable and connect it to a monitor so I have done that Some have said press take out the battery and charger and press the power button for seconds then put the charger and battery back in that I have tried Lastly they have said to press the NOVO button on my laptop A button that is only on Lenovo laptops but unfortunately all of these suggestions have not seemed to help The laptop does turn on but the display does not come on so its just a black screen sometimes though you can get a display and after that when I hibernate or shut the laptop down it will begin to not show the display again unless I am lucky and it Lenovo Z580 Blank Screen on Startup Problem! turns on Does anyone here have any other suggestions that could help Thanks

A:Lenovo Z580 Blank Screen on Startup Problem!

Hello Kitkat4life and welcome to the sevens forum:

1. Can you get into safe mode, try and see if it does it in safe mode.
2. When the laptop does come on have you tried to run your anti-virus to see if you have a virus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/367134-lenovo-z580-blank-screen-startup-problem.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Lenovo z500. Windows 10. When I turn on screen is black. Nothing showing. No cursor or flickering. Can hear computer Tring to boot and keyboard lights come on. Have tried pressing all function keys to no avail. I'm away for a conference and have no tools to open up and remove battery. This happened yesterday but then when I randomly moved screen it came on, but problem reoccurring when I tried to boot up again. No amount of screen moving helping this time.  Has never happened before.  I had to put it through air port scanners yesterday during travel. Has never affected laptop before but I did read somewhere about a magnetic field perhaps affecting it but not sure what that means. Any help greatly appreciated as without it my presentation at this conference is screwed! Thanks! Tim

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-z500-blank-screen-but-sounds-like-booting-up/td-p/3320463
Relevancy 77.83%

I have Lenovo c260 all in one pc - had for one month, after logging in screen then goes blank and does not come on at all, problem only started when speedupmypc pop up appeared and seems to have taken over. I have mcafee security installed as standard when purchasing, is computer corrupted?Thanks for any help you can provide

A:Lenovo C260 AIO hybrid system screen blank after log in

Have you tried booting to safe mode?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/lenovo-c260-aio-hybrid-system-screen-blank-after-log-in/1660.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi everyone nbsp I've had a Lenovo Y P with SLI m's for screen booting, Y510P on Lenovo startup blank not about year and months now weeks ago around the time I upgraded to Windows My laptop suddenly is unable to boot for the most part When I press power it hangs on the initial blank screen with no logo pop-up I have managed to get it to Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup boot before just simply by restarting over and over but it's been days and no luck now It Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup simply stays on a blank screen no backlight though the keyboard and power button light up nbsp Here are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot - gt Removed battery unplugged AC performed fleeting power removal by holding the power button for secs have done this multiple times - gt Removed RAM changed slots etc When there is Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup no RAM the machine will continuously reboot- gt Removed HDD reseated- gt Removed nd GPU When the nd GPU is plugged in the fan will try and spin every so often- gt Unplugged connectors to wi-fi module- gt Restarted many times- gt Pressed the NOVO button it simply brings it to the blank screen nbsp Any advice would be much appreciated The laptop itself is in good condition and has little physical ware Unfortunately it's no longer under warranty and I'm sure the cost of sending it in is quite high nbsp

A:Lenovo Y510P not booting, blank screen on startup

If you boot without the HDD, what happens?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510P-not-booting-blank-screen-on-startup/td-p/2175693
Relevancy 77.4%

I had this issue before but now it came back, it has Black screen flickering and gray lines flickering like every minute or so.I just system restored it completely but still having issues.  Specs:Lenovo y50 Intel Core i7-4700HQ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M (Latest driver)8.0GB DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz Windows 8.1 64

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-Black-screen-flickering/td-p/3422052
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Lenovo flex 3 and accidently left it on but cloesed all night. Now it shows a black screen and my cursor and that is all. I'be tried turning it off and on and it stays the same. Please help!

A:lenovo flex 3 black screen

If you haven't already, hold the power button (about 5-10 seconds) until the machine shuts down and then you can turn it back on. You can also substitute this step with taking out the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-flex-3-black-screen.1158237/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Lenovo n580 with win 8.1 installed. A few hours ago, while using it, the screen went completely black. I restarted by holding down the power button. The Lenovo logo appears, along with the circling balls to indicate booting, but nothing else. No desktop, no nothing. I tried the following instructions, but still have the same problem.

1. I turned off by holding down the power button.
2. Unplug, then remove the battery.
3. Held down the power button for 3 minutes. Plug lap back in.
4. Turn laptop on by holding down the power button (did not put the battery back in).
5. Lenovo logo appears, circling balls to indicate booting, still have a black screen.

I also use this laptop for work so I need to resolve this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Black Screen on Lenovo n580

hello, the first thing I do when I have this issue is connect a computer monitor to the laptop ,boot laptop ,see if it shows your desktop on the monitor

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56655-black-screen-lenovo-n580.html
Relevancy 77.4%

As of Nov I have a new Lenovo Z It has been working well but a couple mths ago I'm finding that about of the time when I power it on it immediately goes to a black on powering black Z51 Lenovo goes Screen after screen and I can't see do anything If I hit the F key for some reason I then get a couple inch blue stripe to the very right of the screen but still can't see anything else so very frustrating I then will power off on and sometimes it takes a few times Screen goes black after powering on Lenovo Z51 before I can see the monitor I suspected a recent Windows patch but when I uninstalled it I found the problem is still there So don't know if it is a Windows patch or is going on The laptop has Windows Pro OS nbsp This is very frustrating It's only a few mths old and is my main work PC Is there a one Screen goes black after powering on Lenovo Z51 yr warranty Can I send it in Not sure if this is hardware or software Anyone else have this issue and a resolution Thank you

A:Screen goes black after powering on Lenovo Z51

Hi LABinz , 

Greetings. 

How was it if you connect it to an external monitor ?
Try it also on safe mode as this would isolate probable hardware or software issue . 

If the same non display black screen even on external monitor occur then it relates more of probable drivers or graphic card issue as it demands greater resolution than it is on safe mode.  
Furthermore, turning on the machine using the novo button would display a menu outside windows and should show up on the laptop screen (to isolate LCD / LCD cable issue).

Update us how things go.

Regards 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Screen-goes-black-after-powering-on-Lenovo-Z51/td-p/3364755
Relevancy 77.4%

I use Win 8.1. After installing Win updates, the PC worked fine for the rest of the day. When it went to sleep at night, the screen was black when I tried to wake it up in the morning. The lights were blinking so the PC was apparently working. I searched the net on my laptop and I restarted the PC with shift/F8 and on button. It worked just fine for one day. The next night it went to sleep and the screen remained black in the morning. I can turn it off and on, the lights are blinking. I tried rebooting with shift/F8, F1 and F12. None of these worked. I would appreciate suggestions.Thanks, Chris

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lenovo A730 black screen

P.S. I connected A730 to a TV screen by HDMI cable and I can see the usual output. So the PC seems to be workin fine.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-A730-black-screen/td-p/2137411
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I am new here nbsp First of all sorry for my bad English I know maybe you heard this problem a lot but in my situation i couldn't fix this and it's driving me crazy nbsp Here is my laptop specs CPU Intel HQ Geforce GTX m GB Ram GB Display Lenovo Start Y50-70 Screen Black up UHD on K TB Lenovo Y50-70 UHD Black Screen on Start up HDD nbsp I bought this supercool I really like it laptop about month ago and everything were fine and great till now About weeks ago after a normal shutdown i noticed that when i star up my laptop i have no screen and just black I thought that it's a windows problem my windows was so messy and maybe it's time to do a clean installation again I did it and installed the latest version of Win latest was also but my problem was there still nbsp And the intersting part is when i blindly restart windows pushing Alt F and one direction down and enter my screen comes back on restart And yes in Black Screen mode when i plug an HDMI cable i have screen on external monitor but changin the screen mode i mean double screen extended and so won't do anything nbsp I read every forums and every solution in last weeks and nothing I installed Win i updated windows automaticly i did clean installs many times latest geforce drivers latest Intel drives disabled geforce from Bios refreshed and updated Bios disbaled Win fast boot and ect I am really tired of this and just want to enjoy my beautiful laptop again nbsp Anybody has a solution

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-UHD-Black-Screen-on-Start-up/td-p/3463837
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello My lenovo Yoga 900 is less than 2 months old and whether I am charging or using battery only, the screen periodically goes black. I have to wiggle the screen around a bit before it displays properly again. HAs anyone experienced this problem.  Essentially, I could be typing and then screen goes blank as if trying to converse energy and despite continuing typing, it remains that way I then move the screen back and forth or sometimes press the windows logo at the bottom of the screen. Pressing the windows logo sometimes will result inthe screen displaying for the second or so i press the logo and then goes black again. I would like the screen to continue display certaininly whilst i am using the laptop!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-screen-black-out-issues/td-p/3419957
Relevancy 77.4%

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem, its reoccuring everytime and getting on my nerves frankly. Ive tried the new update to fix this problem but it didnt fix it. Can anyone please help me out!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-Black-screen/td-p/3428176
Relevancy 77.4%

Today i tried to login to my laptop today only to be greeted with a black screen
and cursor to show. My laptop usually boots pretty quick so i knew something was
very wrong when this happened.Atm i'm scanning in safemode to make sure it's not some kind of virus or malware thats preventing me from logging in. I would like to know if there is a solution however or what could be the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399693-black-screen-after-login-lenovo.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Lenovo B50-30Hello,When I boot my laptop everything seems to be working.As soon as I enter my password and login to my windows account I get a black screen with nothing but a cursor.I am able to Ctrl-alt-delete, but the task manager wont open.The laptop ignores F1, F8 and F12. So I cant Boot in Safe mode or enter the BIOSI have error checked the HDD with my desktop and everything seemed fine.But it wasn't, the error check didn't solve anything.Is there anyone who knows what might be wrong with my laptop, and if it's repairable?- Mathieu

A:Lenovo, Black screen with cursor

You said you removed the HDD.With no HDD, the laptop should go to the setup screen of the BIOS.Thee you can set boot options. Set it to boot first from USB or CD.With your other PC prepare a boot CD or USB with some diagnostics.Boot diagnostics can be found elsewhere.For your laptop, this might work:Lenovo Bootable DiagnosticsDoes that work for you?   

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151265.0.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My lenovo thinkpad x131e was on idle mode and when i opened it i heard beeps and my sceen was black i forced it to shut down and now same thing happens it won't show screen and it beeps please help i am unable to do anything without it.. it has all my work on it..

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-x131e-black-screen/td-p/3345577
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello, I have a lenovo yoga 500 for about a week now.In this week, the screen turned black twice.When it happened i couldn't do anything untill I press the on button and turn off the computer. Thank you. 

A:Lenovo yoga 500 - black screen

I have the same problem too, been trying to look for a solution online, can't seem to find one 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-yoga-500-black-screen/td-p/3305671
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron and today I suddenly got a blue screen error message the main message said quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot After rebooting I got the same message Then on the next reboot I couldn't get to the login screen I used my Dell error, 6000 on screen help! screen Inspiron Blue now - black boot, OS Recovery CD that I created to try and repair Windows XP It asked for a place to partition fragment Windows and then it went through copying files etc After that I tried to restart I got the Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! normal Dell Boot screen but then it went to a black screen with only a flashing cursor in the top Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help! left hand corner I cannot do the Ctrl Alt F option to recover Windows XP I can only either choose F or F at the initial boot screen Please help I really do not know what to do What is the blue screen error message all about I haven't installed any software or hardware so I do not see what might of caused the problem Help

A:Inspiron 6000 - Blue screen error, now black screen on boot, help!

Do you have another windows xp cd you can get your hands on? I recommend performing a checkdisk repair on your computer and see if that helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/inspiron-6000-blue-screen-error-now-black-screen-on-boot-help-231776.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello I'm new here and I so hope someone can help me since I'm not the sharpest computer tool in the shed Screen,Blue Internet Screen,Error..HELP!! Explorer-Black This issue has started happening and I have no clue I have cleared cookies history etc but that hasn't worked Here's Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!! the deal When I click Internet Explorer Icon of my desk top or go to start programs etc to open Explorer it seems as if it's going to open then the screen goes black for a second then a blue screen comes up and says quot An error has occured ctrl alt delete to restart click any key to continue to windows etc you know the one Well the error is this D FA I can click any key and return to desk top Can someone please help me The only way I'm able to be here is thankfully I have JUNO as my ISP and they have their own browser window Also in checking mail for instance in Hot Mail if I clicked a link in an e-mail to go to a certain page same thing black screen blue screen error etc It would be wonderfull if someone could maybe e-mail me step by step what I might could do xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxx Thanks Carmen

A:Internet Explorer-Black Screen,Blue Screen,Error..HELP!!

Need more info.. Win98, ME. 2000, XP? SP1, SP2? What version of IE you are running? Post the full error message if you can. This would be helpful to an assistor. There is a fatal error somewhere but without this info it isn't likely anyone can help locate a fix.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-black-screen-blue-screen-error-help-43600.html
Relevancy 76.97%

New to the thread.... not sure if i'm posting right, soo correct me if u want =)
Anyway.. yesterday I turned my computer on and got the screen "Sorry for the convenience blah blah blah... Start Windows Normally, Safe Mode...ect.
I chose Start Windows Normally, which did indeed start windows normally, but I wasn't sure what caused this problem in the first place, so i ignored it. I turned my computer off.

Later i turned my computer back on and was confronted by another screen, this time a Blue screen.. A Stop error, can't exactly remember the error, but said something about "memory dump'...
I eventually got avoided a problem with this screen and got into windows.. However this morning, when i turn the computer on, I was forced to use 'Last Known Good Configuration"

Whats going on? I did scans on Norton, Adaware & Spybot.

Please help!!

A:Blue Screen, Black Screen??? Stop Error Code?

Hi Kirstie, computers are great when they work huh? These stop errors and blue screens of death can have many causes. Sometimes they occur when a computer is getting older and some piece of hardware is going bad, like a memory stick for instance. Other times these errors occur after installing a new program or doing a windows update. They can be quite difficult to pin down sometimes as well. I would be glad to help you find the cause of the error if you will answer a few questions for me. By answering these questions I should be able to determine the cause and help you to correct it.

Here are some questions for you to answer that will help me. Just answer them the best you can and if you dont know an answer its ok. If you already answered anything I'm asking in your first post just skip over it.

1). What kind of computer do you have? Laptop? Desktop? Dell, HP, Ect?
2). Whats your level of experience? Novice, intermediate, expert, or dont know squat?
3). What operating system are you using? Xp Home or XP Pro?
4). What antivirus are you using? Are you using a firewall?
5) Please tell us a little about your computer. How old is your computer? What size Hard drive does it have?, processor, ram, Bios ver. Ect.
6). Do you have an Xp disk for this computer?
7). Does your computer have a floppy drive, CD drive, Ect.?
8). Do you have access to another working computer with an internet connection?
9). Did you noticed this problem occuring after installing anything recently?
10). Has your computer done a windows update recently?
11). Have you made any changes to the computer recently? Hardware or software?

and anything else that might help us help you. Remember we are trying to help from a forum so all we have to go on is what you can tell us.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the thread tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu when your computer is working correctly and you are through with this thread.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-black-screen-stop-error-code-520585.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all, I'm currently experiencing a black / blank screen after the dell logo (my notebook is Dell).

I have tired booting into safe mode by F8 but to no avail since im on windows 8.1.

i have tired to reset the residue power as well.

i have tried to crtl alt del but it wont respond.

I can't take out the battery since it is internal as well.

however the black screen allows me to see my cursor.

Any solutions out there?

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NvKuiJMm0A

And it will just stay blank after that for unlimited amount of time.

A:Black / Blank Screen

Hi there

The best will be to reload that machine. I hope you have backedup your files.

The only way that I know of to get the recovery options is to force shutdown the laptop during boot 3 times. This will open the recovery options. Lets firstly try accessing safe mode to try and backup your files. If you don't need your files or have already made a backup skip the following step and Recover the system.

-----------------------------Safe Mode-------------------------------------
From the recovery menu you can click:
"See advanced repair options"
"Troublshoot"
"Advanced Options"
"Windows Startup Settings"
"Enable Safe Mode" then restart.
--------------------------------Recovery---------------------------
From the recovery menu you can click:
"See advanced repair options"
"Troublshoot"
"Dell backup and recovery"

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-blank-screen.1138136/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello! i got an advent 7094 and yesterday morning when i tried to start mi laptop there is nothing except a black blank screen. At opening there is the normal intel logo display and afterthat there is only black sceen.i tried connecting it to my desktop screen and still there is no sign. HELP PLS T_T_T_T_T_T_T

Relevancy 76.97%

I have been running my Blank Black Screen Windows Xp OS for a while now but due to some unexpirienced decisicions by friends and family viruses found there way on my pc I used AVG Virus Protector free edition to scan find and delete any viruses I was successful in findin over viruses and controlling the problem But there was this malware program not to sure of the name it was a red icon in the toolbar in the form Blank Black Screen of a boxing bell that caused a pop up program with the characteristics of a malware prevention program i scanned once more after and found no more threats But there still was this annoying malware program which did not have an uninstallation setup and kept on prompting quot blank quot explorer windows to open up in large quantities - boxes sequentially Eventually i deleted the file from the start gt all programs list and emptied the recycle bin As soon as i did that the pc just froze and all i could see was the desktop wallpaper I restarted it and saw the windows loading screen but no startup screen just a blank black screen then i restarted again and didnt see the windows loading screen and left it on for like an hour and nothing happened I ve turned my computer off many times after that by holding the power button down to make the beginning menu give me an option of whether I want to run windows in safe mode or normally when I turn the computer back on but i cannot find the safe mode or anymode except normal for that matter i ve tried tapping the F key but nothing happens My hard drive is the primary device on which to boot from and I have no idea if windows does start properly and I just cannot see the interface but i really dont think it s the screen because from all the forums i ve read its the same thing just a different cause i my case The beginning menu that I talk about I can only use a keyboard and it has the colour scheme of windows command prompt I would really like your help to try and get this thing fixed today without formatting the hard disk Please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-black-screen.680548/
Relevancy 76.97%

something wrong my laptop because the screen blank nothing comes up please help me ..?help help help help help help ehlep

A:screen blank or black

If you can hear the laptop running normally but nothing on the screen, the backlight may need replacing.Look closely at the screen whilst shining a torch on it. If you can see a faint image of Windows then you need to get the backlight replaced because the existing one has blown (just same as a light bulb blows when it's worn out).It's a DIY job if you know what you're doing, otherwise take it to a laptop repair shop.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/screen-blank-or-black/14074.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Toshiba S126 Laptop, has worked flawlessly since purchase. Yesterday, I installed a new Lexmark printer, and it worked until about 3:00pm. then my screen went black. couldn't get it to do anything, so I rebooted. During boot up, the Toshiba screen appears, the command lines appear, and the initial Windows screen appears, then it goes completely black. The hard drive continues to spin, and I assume load the rest of Windows.
At this point I am stuck, and any help is appreciated.

Mike Kingsley

A:Screen goes Blank/Black

Hi Mike,
Try starting in 'Safe Mode', and uninstall the printer drivers to see if that rectifies the problem, or in XP try 'Safe Mode' and 'System Restore'. Sounds like the printer installation has possibly corrupted the Video Drivers.
Bowmar

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-goes-blank-black.494978/
Relevancy 76.97%

I am not able to update my VGA driver with any other than ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730. However when I boot having this driver keeps my screen blank till I have to reboot it in Safe Mode and choose Standard VGA driver.
I have attached my MiniDump folder with this thread.

What shall I do?

Note: I have downloaded latest drivers from Lenovo site. Used ATI Catalyst, AMD updates etc. but nothing resolved my issue.

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y560 shows blank screen after booting

I have the same issue - can anyone shed light on this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/246273-lenovo-ideapad-y560-shows-blank-screen-after-booting.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi, I've been having troubles with my laptop screen. Upon reopening my laptop from sleep mode, the screen remains black instead of loading up the login screen. I've plugged in an HDMI external monitor and it displays fine so I know it is the laptop screen. Also if I restart the laptop, the laptop screen works fine. I've tried updating graphics drivers and adjusting external monitor options (Win+P) but with no success. Any suggestions on what I should do? I've had this laptop for a while now and there is no valid warranty.Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y510p-Random-Black-Screen/td-p/3346653
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi Everyone,I have a Lenovo W540 ThinkPad Workstation, The display was at first flickering and when I would put a little force near the bottom part of the screen it would work. But after a couple of times doing so my screen went black really really dim, almost cannot see anything on the screen. I changed the LCD twice but it would still not work. It works perfectly on external monitor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

image.jpg ?2105 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-ThinkPad-W540-really-Dim-black-screen/td-p/3443949
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys! I've got a Lenovo Y50-70 (2015) with a GTX960M under the hood which I bought in January. I've been having a strange problem with my screen. Sometimes out of the blue my screen just goes black. But its not like the screen turns off, the keyboard and the borders of the screen are lit, its just I can't see the cursor or anything I had on the screen originally. The problem doesn't resolve itself unless I hold down the power button and shut it down. I've had this problem at least 4 times and since I'm going to start going to uni soon, I'd rather not have the problem of losing important work if the issue does happen again Thanks in advance!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-black-screen-at-random-times/td-p/3418321
Relevancy 76.54%

A few weeks ago I bought a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro notebook and Iīm very happy with it thereīs just one thing.. After some time of working (it doesnīt matter what you do) the sreen turns dark and starts to flicker. when you move the couror via the touchpad you can stop it for a few seconds but as soon as you sto moving it it starts again. After about half a minute everything is over and itīs like it had never happened. Has anybody an idea what i could do? Thanks a lot!

A:Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro black and flickering screen

That periodical 5 - 30 seconds black flickering screen has tormented me on my Y2P ever since I upgraded to Windows 10. Just today in a Yoga 2 Pro tips discussion I read that the solution may be to disable Panel Self-Refresh in the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (Power -> On Battery). Too soon for me to tell if it works but I have my fingers crossed.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-Pro-black-and-flickering-screen/td-p/2171103