Windows Support Forum

Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

Q: Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

Hi there everyone at techsupport Well Am Gautam from INdia Ok here goes my story I have a ASUS P C Delux motherboard - days back i started to get the usual blue screen of death saying that quot DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot then some memory dump and i have to restart my Repeated card BSODs, fault ? at NIC PC Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? And after booting the dialogue box on the windows screen said quot Windows has encountered a serious error the device quot Asus Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? v Pro seems to be responsible quot etc But then i noticed a very unusual activity with my network card I have a cable connection with a modem installed My Lan card is com Gigabit C on board So at many times i used Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ? to get the error quot Network cable unplugged quot even when the modem Lan led kept on The surprising thing was that when i used to get this unplugged error the modem cable LAN led didnt went off which made me think that there is no physical disconnection of the cable with the lan card SO when i used to get this uplugged error i have to disable the lan card and enable it once again which allowed me to surf for around - minutes and then again the error poped up And the important thing is that sometimes while enabling the card my screen used to go blank for a second and another blue screen used o come saying that STOP error PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA Some problematic file pciide sys encountered error i dont exactly know what was there on the screen So i thought that might be my onbard LAN and AGP-PCI i have a pci based asus mb card would be having some IRQ conflict SO i moved my PCI display card to another slot and now my windows system information application says quot IRQ Com Gigabit LOM C OK quot and quot IRQ NVIDIA GeForce MX MX OK quot But nothing helped SO i fianlly disabled my LAN card and intalled the modem using the USB cable After installing the drivers for the modem and doing the necessary settings i have my internet connection up and running without any disconnections or crashes NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY IF YES THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT Though i tried enabling the onboard lan card which obviously now shows cable unplugged as i have connected my modem through usb and still the PC doesnt crashes Kindly give me some feedback as i want to know the root cause of this problem as to why i was getting BSOD s and system freezes when my modem was connected to my on board NIC THanks waiting for ur reply Gautam nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Repeated BSODs, NIC card at fault ?

welcome to techspot.

NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED????? IS MY ONBOARD NIC CARD FAULTY?? IF YES, THEN HOW SHOULD I CONFIRM IT SO THAT I CAN SEND MY MOTHERBOARD FOR REPLACEMENT??Click to expand...

the errors you reported are the result of a hardware problem. run the computer in each of the following configurations until you get a system error or the machine runs flawlessly for a day or two:
-with the onboard NIC on and connected to the modem
-with the onboard NIC on but not connected to anything
-with the onboard NIC disabled in your bios

at a glance, it seems likely that your problems were caused by faulty hardware, but these steps are important for diagnosing the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-nic-card-at-fault.24990/
Relevancy 59.77%

Over the past week I have been getting several BSOD restarts. I downloaded SP1 (running Vista), but it happened again today. I do not have the right program to read the .dmp files, and when I tried to attach them it wouldn't let me. The error codes from before the SP1 install were:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 00000004
BCP2: 0000001B
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 81CB1F60
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

and the codes from today were:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 00000020
BCP2: 83FA3F58
BCP3: 83FA3FC8
BCP4: 080E0002
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Thanks in advance for any help!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods.105263/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I've been getting BSODs for the last 2-3 months, since upgrading board and CPU. I had tried the usual troubleshooting, without any progress, so I've reinstalled Windows clean. Before I'm even finished setting up (after first batch of Windows' updates) I'm getting more crashes.
The errors are various memory/paging related codes, but rarely, if ever, with the same driver/file listed.

Hardware:
CPU: Phenom 2 x6 1100T,
GPU ATI Radeon HD 5770,
Board: GA-9990FXA-D3,
PSU: Antec 750W
RAM: 16GB (4GB x 4),
Storage: 4 SATA HDD (1TB x2, 500GB, 320GB), Pioneer DVD

Attached is the most recent BSOD output using your utility, I'll add further detail if needed.

A:repeated BSODs

Hello niel-archer and welcome to TSF!

2 dumps attached, one is a 50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bugcheck pointing to the culprit atikmdag.sys (ATI video driver). The second dump is a 1a: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT.

Memory Management bugchecks can be indicative of memory failure, however it doesn't always mean that. With this being said:

1. Uninstall your AMD drivers and reinstall the latest version. If you're already on the latest version, I recommend reinstalling an earlier version than the latest to be sure it's not a driver issue.

2. If driver reinstalls don't fix the issue, I'm going to recommend running Memtest86+:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Run Memtest86+ for no less than 6-7 passes. This will take multiple hours, so run before work or sleep.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-655695.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello For some time now I ve been struggling with BSODs with several different error messages I ve tried a lot and haven t been able to solve them since It all started about two weeks ago My computer has been running smoothly for about months I have the following setup Gigabyte P -DS rev Intel Core Duo E not OCd GB Kingston DDR - strips GeForce GTS MB Samsung Spinpoint HD LJ GB I Repeated BSODs m running Vista Business with all recent updates The first Repeated BSODs BSOD was after about hour of using the computer and came with the errormessage quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT quot No file was specified I rebooted and just hoped it didn t happen again Though after restarting I got another one with the same error message about minutes after the reboot That same day the computer became unusable Sometimes the BSOD appeared even before I could enter my password to login Also the error message sometimes appeared as quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot Now I knew I had a big problem Things I ve tried - Update every possible driver even for my keyboard mouse etc - Check the hardware to check for loose connectors nothing found - Take out one memory strip tried either one of the strip on it s own and in diferent slots - Update the BIOS to it s latest version - Formatted the entire computer I ve tried installing XP but I couldn t get through the installation without getting a BSOD So I m totally lost atm I might have missed a lot of information that could be useful but I will post that whenever something is needed This forum is pretty much my last hope I ve attached a dumplog that I got from the quot debugwiz quot utility -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Opened log file c debuglog txt Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c windows symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is C Windows C Windows system C Windows system drivers Windows Vista Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre vista gdr - Kernel base x c PsLoadedModuleList x d e Debug session time Thu Apr GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A e cbd b Page c not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by win k sys win k vSolidFillRect Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v r kv lmtn logclose q Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg e memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg cbd b address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Page e not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ffdc c Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PE... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repeated-bsods.704573/
Relevancy 59.77%

The BSODs started yesterday while I was watching a live stream on YouTube. Since then, they have been frequently occurring, usually while I am browsing. I left CHKDSK running overnight and it seemed to have completed, but I could not locate the log. HDD's SMART values seem to be fine and memory tests have not shown any issues either. 

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip is attached.

I tried generating the perform report too, but got an error: An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The operator or administrator has refused the request.

· OS - Windows 8.1· x64· Original OS - Windows 8· OEM· Age of system (hardware) - 10 months· Age of OS installation - Original, just reset to factory settings once 8 months or so ago.· CPU - Intel i7-4700MQ· Video Card - nVidia GeForce GT755M / 2GB GDDR5· Lenovo· Y510p (20217)· Laptop

Would appreciate any help and many thanks in advance. 

A:Repeated BSODs on Win 8.1

Update: A couple of hours after posting this, I got the BSOD again. I recalled that there were some Windows Updates recently, so I removed them (about 5-6 from 28th July) and since then, it hasn't happened again. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584707/repeated-bsods-on-win-81/
Relevancy 59.77%

My OS is win 7 64bit OEM home premium
system is 1.5 yrs old and i hav'nt reinstalled my OS

CPU is i5 430
videocard is ati 5730 with switchable graphics
Model is lenovo Y560 laptop

I m suffring frm this problm fr quite a while...BSOD occurs on starting of any game or video while wrkin with ati graphics...intel graphics wrk fyn...
plz help...thnx in adv

A:repeated BSODs ....

Hi -

One of the 6 dumps was corrupted, indicating possible hardware failure.

For now. . .

Update ATI video driver -

Code:
atikmpag.sys Tue Jun 29 21:48:33 2010 (4C2AA271)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 until BSOD epidemic is over -

Code:

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-26052-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 14:26:36.738 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:58.970
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6c80 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`044104e0 fffff880`00d7fc80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
BiosReleaseDate = 06/30/2010
SystemManufacturer = LENOVO
SystemProductName = IdeaPad Y560
MaxSpeed: 2270
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-26847-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 13:56:01.915 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:12.772
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`03f71390 fffff880`04206c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122311-29780-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 13:30:08.543 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:09:22.400
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+4df )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: TrustedInstall
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+4df
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffffa80`2d40f1eb 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0389c46f 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122211-37830-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 22 04:20:05.871 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:43.102
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`093cb4e0 fffff880`00c06c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 30CN59WW
SystemManufac... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-620180.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I have been plagued by BSODs lately I have been experiencing them mainly as periodic crashes while surfing the web but I have come back several times to see the Repeated BSODS dreaded Repeated BSODS quot your system has recovered quot box When I am present I see several different BSOD errors such as Bad Pool Header PNF Memory IRQ Not less or equal etc I have tried to do a system restore and resetting the virtual memory and it seemed to work for like - days Then the BSODs came back with a vengeance I checked the problem flag and windows blamed win Small ca trojan as a problem but nothing has Repeated BSODS been detected by any antivirus scans I posted to the malware virus forums just to be safe I installed and tried to use WinDbg myself but I can't make anything out of the results I am at a loss Any help would be greatly appreciated My computer stats are below and the required files are zipped and attached Please help My computer was hand built and has been updated several times over the years Windows bit re-installed in July or beginning of Aug EVGA GeForce GTS G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBHK AMD Phenom II ghtz Dual Core MSI -G socket AM Cooler Master Silent Pro w PSU GB WD HDD One DVD-RW and a CD DVD drive and I use a USB KB Mouse combo but also have a standard KB

A:Repeated BSODS

I am taking a look at your dump files right now

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-618647.html
Relevancy 58.91%

BSoD while Repeated BSoDs, Freezing attaching file and about to post a new thread Check Hi first off I'm Repeated BSoDs, Freezing new to Windows so this whole thing could be my own fault for all I know Repeated BSoDs, Freezing But to start I had a system put together for me and Windows Ultimate -bit installed because I thought why not try it out after hearing all the good things about it and Repeated BSoDs, Freezing what not But since day I have been preferring what I had with my old system that ran Vista- I've been suffering BSoDs around the corner - At the login screen that is right after the computer has finished starting up - While installing DirectX - While re-installing Win as suggested to me by my system builder - While re-installing Win - While re-installing Win I still have the Windows old folders which take up a bit of space I was told that these were supposed to have been deleted during the process but I couldn't see and option that would have done this - Trying to install software - Trying to run programs And I've been suffering freezing either followed by BSoD or nothing around some corners - Trying to watching Youtube as soon as a click play or a few seconds afterward - Trying to scan with Trend Micro Now with the problem I have I kind of deduced it would either be a compatibility problem hardware problem or driver problem or software because of driver hardware problem So like I said before I'm new with Windows especially the -bit part I've only read here and there so what I wanted to know was - Can I still be able to run -bit programs e g something is compatible for Win - but not - or would that be a different scenario - Do I have to install these programs into C Program Files x - When I plug in a new device that would begin an installation would my computer know whether it is compatible or not Or would it be better to install the device manually before plugging it in if a CD installer has been provided Also in terms of compatibility if my hardware can all work with each other My systems builder assures me that it can The next possibility would be a hardware problem which I doubt because I'm assuming anyway that the parts would be fresh-out-of-the-box leading us to Drivers I've installed the major drivers after my th attempt of reinstalling Win such as motherboard sound graphics etc Also I've checked with my device manager and apparently they are up to date I even re-downloaded the latest graphics driver for my card as I believe that my graphics card could be the problem So as you can see I just can't put my finger onto the source of my problems so would like it if anyone could get back to me as soon as they could as I need my system to be up and running and stable as soon as possible I have attached a RAR with the scan that was required for posting a thread about BSoD although I haven't done the Performance test as I did not know exactly what to do - there was no save as option There was an export option but I wasn't exactly sure which I would be exporting PS quot Documents quot also doesnt work for me it says quot 'Documents-library ms' is no longer working This library can be safely deleted from your computer Folders that have been included will not be affected quot Same with quot Pictures quot and quot Music quot I also apologise if my text seems wrapped I'm typing in Safe Mode and I know because I've read another thread from someone else who was typing in safe mode it may turn out that way because of the adjusted resolution I know I might be able to change it but after my whole experience for the past couple days I do not want to touch anything unless I'm trying to fix my issues Edit Sorry if the post seems too long I'm trying to get as much info as well as providing as much detail as possible Also I forgot to include some specs - Windows Ultimate x OEM I also just BSoDed during Safe Mode if that makes any difference

A:Repeated BSoDs, Freezing

Dump is STOP 0x101 (CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) - CPU likely to be the cause.
Please run: Prime95
Run the Blend Prime95 as well as the Small FFTs.

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 101, {21, 0, fffff880030a3180, 5}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (101)
An expected clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor in an
MP system within the allocated interval. This indicates that the specified
processor is hung and not processing interrupts.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000021, Clock interrupt time out interval in nominal clock ticks.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, 0.
Arg3: fffff880030a3180, The PRCB address of the hung processor.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, 0.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: d

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`067f5478 fffff800`02e22453 : 00000000`00000101 00000000`00000021 00000000`00000000 fffff880`030a3180 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`067f5480 fffff800`02e7cde7 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00000005 00000000`00002711 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4dfe
fffff880`067f5510 fffff800`033eb895 : fffff800`03410460 fffff880`067f56c0 fffff800`03410460 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeUpdateSystemTime+0x377
fffff880`067f5610 fffff800`02e70c33 : fffff800`02feee80 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000006 : hal!HalpHpetClockInterrupt+0x8d
fffff880`067f5640 fffff800`02e339d9 : fffff880`009b1180 fffff880`067f5850 fffff880`009bc040 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchNoLock+0x163
fffff880`067f57d0 fffff800`03170268 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`067f5ca0 fffff800`02e04000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeFlushProcessWriteBuffers+0x65
fffff880`067f5840 fffff800`03170ee5 : 00000000`002ad370 fffff800`0316ce0e 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e73853 : nt!ExpQuerySystemInformation+0x1368
fffff880`067f5be0 fffff800`02e73993 : fffffa80`06310000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`fffe7960 00000000`00000000 : nt!NtQuerySystemInformation+0x4d
fffff880`067f5c20 00000000`778bfa1a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`00cbf138 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x778bfa1a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

BUCKET_ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_6_PROC_ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

---------

0: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0420e000 fffff880`0424c000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Tue Jul 14 12:07:12 2009 (4A5BCC30)
fffff880`00e0a000 fffff880`00e61000 ACPI ACPI.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:34 2009 (4A5BC106)
fffff880`01800000 fffff880`0188a000 afd afd.sys Tue Jul 14 11:21:40 2009 (4A5BC184)
fffff880`042dc000 fffff880`042f2000 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148193-repeated-bsods-freezing.html
Relevancy 58.91%

STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8058ADE2, 0xB8C8396C, 0x00000000)

Actions taken thus far:

1) reinstalled Windows XP SP2

2) replaced HDD and reinstalled Windows XP SP2

3) new Kingston 256MB - Memtest86 still gave the same errors

4) replaced video card and used different monitor

5) new CDRW and new data cables

6) new 400 w P/S

7) brand new P3 866 CPU with different fsb and multiplier from Celeron 900

8) replaced motherboard with another ASUS P3V133 - more errors on Memtest86.
Now Windows XP will not complete pre-installation file loading.

Inasmuch as there is little else to replace except me, I am considering the possibility that either the slotket has failed, or the original motherboard may have had a faulty voltage regulator that may have damaged the L2 cache for both CPUs.

I'll buy one more P3 CPU before I let this machine beat me.

A:repeated BSODs at the same address

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315335
Theres a chance that your particular mobo isnt compatable with the RAM or your RAM settings arent right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bsods-at-the-same-address.42856/
Relevancy 58.91%

hello people been using Windows amp for the past few months now and I really must say its the best windows edition so far The windows Installation was working fine for the past months when I started to have BSODs all of a sudden within - minutes of booting My PC had been reset about - time before in Repeated RC.:| BSODs 7 Windows than due to power trips I tried to find out the exact problem but the BSODs were too frequent to really do anything about them So I reinstalled windows RC But the BSODs have continued even after reinstallaion but they are not so frequent now so I have been able to find out more info IobuildpartialMdl was called with a virtual address range outside the range of the source MDL stop code x E heres what even viewer says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x e x Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:| d x a d x b Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:| x ff A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - mind you the windows RC installation was working flawlessly for months before these BSODs I tried googling but there was nothing relevant regarding my particular problem Thanks in advance

A:Repeated BSODs in Windows 7 RC.:|

My guess based on past experience is that it will be either a ram or power supply problem. when i have come across these type of things in previous versions of windows one of the two is nearly always to blame.

try swapping out and testing if you can.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/14294-repeated-bsods-windows-7-rc.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I keep getting irregular bsods One is in Photoshop CS which was the last before I generated the Windows NT BSOD jcgriff report Only happens with certain adjustments such as bsods variable repeated image adjust exposure Sometimes only hangs PS repeated variable bsods others bsod May also happen seemingly randomly like double clicking control panel shortcut to open or browsing in firefox Have also had hangs bsod browsing adobe bridge and Bibble Pro Other seemingly random and nothing under any heavy utilization Video card tech rep suggested I try uninstall of intellipoint since I though PS issue might be due to video card This fixed some display quirks but did not cure the BSODs I have run sfc scannow already nothing found Note the perfmon reprt procedure didn't work message nothing found but I generated the same report from Control Panel All Control Panel Items Performance Information and Tools Advanced Tools generate a system health report and saved it Also note that right click send to did not offer the compressed zio option so I used freeware -zip instead Is Windows - x -bit or x - the original installed OS on the system yes note I originally installed as a multiboot with rtm xp and rc on different drives xp and rc since removed and partitions reformatted I had to run quot repair my computer quot from install disk to restore mbr after removing xp but did not reinstall - an OEM or full retail version retail - What is the age of system hardware mb cpu dram and system drive months video card months one optical drive about one month data hds and another optical drive various up to two years What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS one year System drive contents transferred to new hard drive using western digital utility with no reported hitches I changed mb and cpu two months ago but that did not require any type of reinstall only re-validation Various hw drivers installed with new hardware The mbr repair was several months ago before the issue started

A:repeated variable bsods

Hello,

I would also suspect a graphics problem. Do you have another video card you can try? Perhaps you could purchase one from a store that would allow you to return it if you don't need it. You can also check with a friend to see if s/he will lend you one.

You can also try running Furmark: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Finally, try running Prime95. Run both the Blend and Small FFTs tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Thu Dec 16 12:32:47.222 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:55:03.126
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131669-repeated-variable-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had a friend build my brother-in-law a computer and it keeps randomly getting the dreaded BSOD It ran Crysis for an hour and then crashed I load up email it crashed It s got all of the updates and drivers for audio video chipset etc etc Here are the specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name WANGSTA Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Windows on Repeated 7 BSODs Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model EP -UD P BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Repeated BSODs on Windows 7 ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Repeated BSODs on Windows 7 display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS E B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model FHD Monitor Id GWY A Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name atiu p dll aticfx dll aticfx dll atiu pag aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- - C A C C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID xE B I don t know anything about PC s and the guy who built it is usally pretty good at these things but he is stumped Attached are the crash reports from the event viewer Please I need some serious help with this because it s been a paperweight for some time Also memtest and chkdsk came back clean We re reinstalled OS and we replaced the motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

First time posting on this forum, so please bear with me.

I've had 4 BSODs since 06/06/15 including 3 in the last 3 days due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I don't see any particular pattern between when these occur except for that the last 2 times it happened about 5-10 minutes after my laptop is brought out of hibernation/ booted up from off; but it doesn't happen every time. Also, its happened at least twice when watching Sky Go through a HDMI cable connected to my TV.

My system's information collected using the DM Log collector Tool is attached to this post.

Any help would be much appreciated, and if any more details are required please let me know.

A:Repeated DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSODs

Hi ng2 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the ZIP file attached by you is empty and hence does not contain any minidump files for us to analyze . Could you please re-run the utility and upload the ZIP file again (Please make sure that it is not empty).

-Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67397-repeated-driver_power_state_failure-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi-am having trouble with multiple BSODS involving ntfs.sys and https.sys. Happens frustratingly randomly.
Toshiba Satellite L300D running Win 7 Ultimate.

Any help Appreciated. Archive attached.

Cheers,

P

A:Repeated BSODS over the last 3 months!

You definitely need to reduce the items you got on start-up.

Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

No specifics of the BSOD yet..

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Compressed\Fugue SF_19-01-2014\Fugue SF_19-01-2014\011914-54210-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18247.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x8301c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x831654d0
Debug session time: Mon Jan 20 01:04:04.625 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 21:46:18.669
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {20, 8600d000, 8600d300, 8600000}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from 8318584c
Unable to read MiSystemVaType memory at 83164e20
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+1b1 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
v... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352826-repeated-bsods-over-last-3-months.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

I had very frequent BSODs of my system lately. I ran memtest who didn't found any errors. SeaToolsforWindows did not found erros on hdd. Every time that system crashed, firefox 3.6.13 was open.

System components:
ASUS P5QPL-AM
Pentium 4 660, 3,60 Ghz
4 GB RAM
nvidia 6600
Window 7 Ultimate x64

Hope in your help

Thanks

A:Win 7 Ultimate repeated BSODs

Warning
Turn off Verifier before you get started!

I suggest that you test your memory (RAM) with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+
- Run at least 7 passes (takes 6-8 hours)
- Do this overnight
- Burn .iso to CD/DVD using a CD burning program. (I recommend Imgburn)
- Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

If you are overclocking anything (stop and return to default values).

Regards...

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {411, fffff6fc500122d0, 8060000111ade882, fffff6fc500122d1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6061 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000411, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff6fc500122d0
Arg3: 8060000111ade882
Arg4: fffff6fc500122d1

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_411

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880025a57b0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880025a57b0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff8a00245a000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000224
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002f7f5c7 rsp=fffff880025a5940 rbp=fffff880025a5c00
r8=fffff8a0023e1000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa800371f9f0
r11=000000000016019f r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+0xe7:
fffff800`02f7f5c7 488b03 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c662dd to fffff80002c89640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`025a5458 fffff800`02c662dd : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00000411 fffff6fc`500122d0 80600001`11ade882 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`025a5460 fffff800`02cbaa71 : 80600001`11ade882 fffff6fc`500122d0 0000007f`fffffff8 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x6061
fffff880`025a54b0 fffff800`02ca725f : 00000000`00000000 80500001`0223f882 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e0dbc0 : nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+0x381
fffff880`025a5540 fffff800`02c9743b : ffff0000`01fb860f fffff880`00961000 fffffa80`0638f650 fffff880`00961000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x95f
fffff880`025a5650 fffff800`02c8776e : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0245a890 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0245a890 : nt!MmAccessFault+0xe1b
fffff880`025a57b0 fffff800`02f7f5c7 : fffff800`02f7f4e0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02fa4000 fffff800`03126b63 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`025a5940 fffff800`02fa4119 : fffff880`025a5c00 fffffa80`00000002 fffffa80`03718570 fffffa80`0485f701 : nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandleWithTag+0xe7
fffff880`025a5a10 fffff800`02fa47f6 : fffff880`025a5bf8 00000000`00000224 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x789
fffff880`025a5b40 fffff800`02c888d... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/146843-win-7-ultimate-repeated-bsods.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have a Home Premium Vista bit BSODs and Crashes Repeated on my Lenovo Y laptop I've had problems where my laptop will restart after showing the BSOD This problem has been happening off and on for about two months and I've done everything to Repeated BSODs and Crashes try and fix it Repeated BSODs and Crashes including sending my laptop back to Lenovo and many system restores Lenovo said there was nothing wrong with my laptop when there obviously was and after I received the laptop from them it worked properly for about a month before the BSODs happened again Also recently wlanext exe has been failing and I get a message immediately after startup that the LAN Framework has stopped working so I'm wondering if perhaps the crashes are network-related as I exclusively use Wireless Internet I've also noticed that often times the error codes and messages on the BSODs vary This problem has been a huge pain and it seems the internet doesn't have the answer so I come to you guys hoping and praying for a solution Here's my latest memory dmp debugging report Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff dd Debug session time Wed Jan GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A fffffa bfa fffff eb f Page b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by memory corruption nt MiRemoveAnyPage Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg fffffa bfa memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg fffff eb f address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ Page b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details WRITE ADDRESS fffffa bfa CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt MiRemoveAnyPage fffff eb f c or qword ptr rax h r DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME chrome exe TRAP FRAME fffffa b e -- trap xfffffa b e NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax fffffa bf rbx rcx rdx fffffa c rsi rdi rip fffff eb f rsp fffffa b rbp r r fffffffffffff r r r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy nt MiRemoveAnyPage x fffff eb f c or qword ptr rax h r ds bfa Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff ea ee to fffff ea STACK TEXT fffffa b fffff ea ee a fffffa bfa nt KeBugCheckEx fffffa b a fffff ea cb fffffa nt KiBugCheckDispatch x e fffffa b e fffff eb f fffff nt KiPageFault x b fffffa b fffff ebdefb fffffa fffffa fffffa e nt MiRemoveAnyPage x fffffa b d fffff ec b b nt MiResolveDemandZeroFault x b fffffa b fffff ebefd fffff da fffff da fffffa nt MiResolveProtoPteFault x fffffa b e fffff ebc dd b fffffa fffffa nt MiDispatchFau... Read more

A:Repeated BSODs and Crashes

You posted only one crash report, which makes almost impossible to make any diagnosis. In any case, it indicates "memory_corruption".Download BlueScreenViewNo installation required.Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288675/repeated-bsods-and-crashes/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello everyone thank you for taking the time to visit this post and offer your consideration In the last several hours my main computer has been dipping into increasingly more critical instability The computer has had a number of relatively minor and infrequent issues during start-up for the last few months but nothing Windows in bit 7 BSODs Repeated consistent and 64 I was unable to work around or which were truly problematic Last night however it suffered a BSOD while attempting to load up a game Several hours later it suffered another BSOD while it was unattended In the hours since then it has suffered more BSODs on a fairly consistent schedule regardless of whether or not it is in use or as far as I can Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit tell what programs or processes are in use at the moment In addition my main anti-malware software MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free edition has developed a persistent error since this morning It will cause an intractable unescapable hang in the system at a certain point in every attempt to scan forcing me to make a hard reset of the computer The latest BSOD at time of writing produced this error message upon start-up Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC CD BCP FFFFFFFFC D BCP CFFA BCP FFFFF F B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ryan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml The dmp file will be attached to this post in a zip folder The xml file could not be found or retrieved My system information - Windows Home Premium Home Edition - ST AS SATA Disk Device GB - AMD Phenom II X T Processor GHz - ATI Radeon HD That is unfortunately all the information I can glean with my limited knowledge I can report that EVEREST Home Edition lists my Motherboard as Unknown but that and it's CPU type x MHz and System Memory MB are all the program reports in regards to the Motherboard If there is any more information I can provide please let me know Thank you again for your time

A:Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit

Hi

to the Bleeping Computers forum.

This is the error code you had received

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical explanation about this stop code : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

Usual causes : Hard disk failure , loose cabling , buggy SATA controller driver and in some cases malware infection especially Rootkits.

Please follow the below steps.

Change Hard disk SATA cable. Also reset the power cable.

Run full surface scan on the hard drive.

Download Seatool For DOS from the below link.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Burn the downloaded ISO to a blank CD.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201431en

Boot from the disc and run a long test with it. Report whether it detects any errors during the test. If it detects any bad sectors during the test, may offer to repair them at the end of scan. Please cancel the repairs and post a reply here instead.

Report your findings after doing the above steps. Depending on the health condition of your hard drive, i will provide the next steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502124/repeated-and-consistent-bsods-in-windows-7-64-bit/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello community Seeing how nicely people unversed in technical matters are and different - BSODs Repeated actions freezing being treated on this forum has encouraged me in seeking help here For I m a retiree and calling me low-brow in technical issues would be the understatement of the year The trouble began with the computer Repeated BSODs and freezing - different actions freezing I d to pull the plug to shut it down Two days later the same And then the blue screens started This is what I did before before I came to the forum activating lt Driver Verifier gt installing BlueScreenView and using lt windbg gt to have a look at the dump files to no avail of course J After the third lt btnetBus sys gt ocurrence I disposed of a bluetooth software called Blue Soleil I replaced Avira with MSE And I deinstalled a software called lt Downloadhelper gt which I used when crashing once again I m gratuful for any advice It would even be helpful to know whether this is a hardware or a software problem

A:Repeated BSODs and freezing - different actions

Welcome aboard.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269952-repeated-bsods-freezing-different-actions.html
Relevancy 58.48%

After installing Windows updates I got an onscreen message that an update was available for Adobe Air Was not familiar with this program so checked it out it BSODs updating Air Adobe after Repeated seemed valid so I installed the update Shortly thereafter I got a BSOD Restarted the computer in safe mode tried to uninstall Adobe Air using Control Panel Programs amp Features Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air got an error message to the effect that I could not uninstall without Administrator privilieges which is very strange since I am only user and AM the Administrator My husband suggested just going into the C drive in My Computer and deleting it the old fashioned way which I did Also deleted Air from Recycle Bin so it should be GONE At first it seemed to solve the problem computer started up as normal and I was able to go into other programs However BSOD returned My husband restarted and ran Norton Quick Scan then restarted again computer started up but soon returned to BSOD On one of these forays I noticed something about a corruppted driver but it did not stay on the blue screen long enough to determine what it said Now computer turns on but even Windows open screen does not come up This is a brand new Lenovo X Carbon A one without actual FN keys -- these are the adaptive type so not really sure that clicking on repeated F is leading to Safe Mode in any case computer appears to turn itself off after a couple of minutes Now I really don't know what to do -- I would suspect a defect in the computer but it seemed to be working fine prior to update of Adobe Air Right now I'd be satisfied just to be able to get into Safe Mode Any ideas

A:Repeated BSODs after updating Adobe Air

Hi

As the issue started after a Windows update and an Adobe AIR update, i would recommend restoring the system to a date prior to this happened. 

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

Let us know whether it helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534703/repeated-bsods-after-updating-adobe-air/
Relevancy 58.48%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329284

Read through. It will give you some things to look into.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.622816/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello New to the Forums here but I've lurked for awhile gleaning valuable information I'm having ALOT of BSODs lately especially when playing online games Diablo and City of Heroes I but mostly 0x03B, - Repeated BSODs varies can play them for awhile but then after a few hours I start having BSODs even after Repeated BSODs - mostly 0x03B, but varies restarting and logging back onto Windows Health report and Dump files are attached My system specs are Win x OEM System is about years old Reinstalled OS and games last month in an attempt to stop blue screens Alienware Area ALX Currently having issues installing Net Always crashes during installation I am running MS Security Essentials I have a hardware firewall part of my router so Windows firewall is disabled I've run Memtestx continuously for successful runs no errors I've run SFC scannow with no errors reported I've downloaded DriverHive and updated all drivers I've downloaded and installed Core Temp and attached the file of temps logged while playing the games and other tasks all core temps were below C I am about to toss my computer out the window Please help

A:Repeated BSODs - mostly 0x03B, but varies

Problem Devices:
Code:
High Definition Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0040&SUBSYS_14622840&REV_1001\5&1BFCEC87&0&0001 This device is disabled.
High Definition Audio Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0040&SUBSYS_14622840&REV_1001\5&317CD945&0&0001 This device is disabled.
Were the above intentional? If so, please explain the troubleshooting steps.
Many of your crashes were DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.
Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Remember to try multiple versions of the graphics drivers, download them fresh, and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236607-repeated-bsods-mostly-0x03b-but-varies.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello again Sevenforums help team In my last post in which errors of a similar nature were occuring visible here my computer simply died Since that time I've replaced the power supply and had the motherboard RMA'd I thought it would be the necessary fresh start that I needed to remedy the problems but the BSODs are back and with much greater frequency In fact I'm forced to when repeated practically BSODs Random, anything. doing upload the rar file from my laptop as attempting to open Google Chrome on the plagued computer caused another crash Random, repeated BSODs when doing practically anything. I should note that I'm entirely unsure of what sort of error is causing this as they seem random - sometimes they happen when I'm opening a program other times they just pop out of nowhere One trend I did seem to notice however is that flash plug-ins applications and other programs crash constantly before the computer shuts itself down I've been told it could be the memory sticks that I'm using but after running memtest on the individual sticks for at least passes each I'm not sure As always any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Random, repeated BSODs when doing practically anything.

Being that it was a 650W Corsair PSU (meaning, either the TX650, TX650 V2, HX650, or even the AX650), it was definitely not caused by the PSU unless it was brand new and also defective.

What PSU did you replace it with? Make and model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290827-random-repeated-bsods-when-doing-practically-anything.html
Relevancy 58.48%

As well as I remember, the first one said that I was trying to use something too old to run on my system. After that things were fine for a few days, then it occurred again for no apparent reason. Repetitions have been occurring more and more frequently during all different sorts of applications, sometimes with no application running ... . The bsod message (which goes by faster than I can read it before restart begins) is different each time . This morning the system crashed again as soon as I brought up Firefox. I restarted in safe mode with networking and it crashed again. I restarted in normal Windows mode and it has stayed up for four hours without any problem. This is the usual scenario. sigh. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias, granny v

A:repeated bsods with rest periods

Welcome to the forum.
Virus Check:Make scans with these tools below:TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Application conflict:Reduce the start-up items. This will help avoid software conflicts:Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
System File CheckerThe SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible. If you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files to it's default state.Link to full tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check in Windows 7Run this on your Hard Drive(s). This will show you how to run Check Disk or chkdsk in Windows 7 to check a selected hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it. With both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer LogLink to full tutorial: Disk Check
Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Bootable Recovery Tool Wizard Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

Also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s).Then test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitorHWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Speccy - System Information - Free DownloadPlease upload a summary tab using Speccy. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308481-repeated-bsods-rest-periods.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Using WhoCrashed.

Determined BSODs coming from ntoskrnl.exe.

Crashing about once a week, generally at night.

Have run extensive memory tests (MemTest and Windows) with no errors.

Have updated all possible drivers.

Uploading files here in hopes someone can help identify.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated as I can not afford any additional hair loss.

A:NTOSKRNL.EXE - Repeated BSODs - Could use some assistance

I am a big fan of Nir Sofer's work, BUT blueScreenView more often than not, doesn't point out the correct causes. Similarly Who crashed is even worse.

I prefer to use WinDbg (the Windows Debugging Tools) to read the memory dumps. It is the Gold standard for those of us that do this and often will give us the answer by itself. (we don't need the full jcgriff2 report each time).

Your 3 crashes were caused by memory corruption. Probably because of your 2005 asacpi.sys file. It is a huge cause of crashes. In any case we cant investigate the underlying cause until it is updated.

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229047-ntoskrnl-exe-repeated-bsods-could-use-some-assistance.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Well, my pc BSOD's basically whenever I touch it or move it at all, and sometimes, often times, I'll just come home to a bsod. And often, I will have to boot the pc up 11 or 12 times before it will actually boot up and quit crashing in the middle. Also, I know when my pc is going to crash sometimes, because sometimes it literally chirps. Little chirps at around 1.5 second intervals, then it crashes.

I've included the bsod below... id prefer if my pc did not do that, especially fail to boot so many times. I've ran chkdsk, and its found stuff, but that takes about 20-30 min and i dont want to have to keep doing that. Any advice would be great.

A:bsods, repeated boot crashing...

Start troubleshooting this by opening the case and cleaning out all the dust and debris and check all the connecting wires to be solidly plugged in to where thay are

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-repeated-boot-crashing.86728/
Relevancy 57.62%

These cursed bluescreencrashes have suddenly appeared and they are driving me crazy because I m no computer guru and my skills are limited So my computer has started crashing every day even twice a day I've got no idea what lies beneth this diabolic behaviour I've done memory tests which havent provided me with annoying BSODs Repeated a beginner troubling any information I'll attach this dump-file here if someone wiser than Repeated annoying BSODs troubling a beginner me could be helpful and say what the problem might be I just want to know whether to drop my computer from the balcony or is it repairable So attached is the SF file which should give information and following info On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code xD xFFFFF FFC E xD x xFFFFF FFC E Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time So I am helpless I'd be thankful if someone wiser expert could give me hints how to fix this problem Thanks in advance Miksu ps this is my first post please advise if it is missing something or so

A:Repeated annoying BSODs troubling a beginner

Hi

Allot of information is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Grab All and upload them to the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291764-repeated-annoying-bsods-troubling-beginner.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi everyone,

My PC has been getting a lot of BSOD's lately, and sometimes just plain crashes on startup. I've reformatted several times, and the problem keeps coming back. I thought it might be faulty RAM, so I ran Memtest, which showed that one of my sticks was faulty (I had 3 x 2GB DDR3 RAM). I took 1 stick out, and ran memtest again, and it showed no errors after 10 passes. I reinstalled windows again, and I've still been getting BSODs.

I've attached the files required by the BSOD posting instructions thread.

I'm running:
Windows 7 x64 OEM
Hardware is only about 6 months old.
Running an almost fresh install of windows ATM

A:Repeated BSODs, Dump files included

-BUMP-...any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128930-repeated-bsods-dump-files-included.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello This problem started happening somewhat recently and at first I suspected it was the result of an old HDD After replacing the Hard drive and performing a clean install of Windows Home Premium the problem persisted I then found out that some of my RAM could be problematic so I removed all the sticks and tested them one by one during the boot process with MemTest only using while BSODs playing most Repeated video games two of them for now Which were deemed at passing The problem still Repeated BSODs while playing most video games persisted and through a little bit of Repeated BSODs while playing most video games research online I heard that it was possible that my motherboard's RealTek audio drivers could be conflicting with the latest Nvidia HD Audio drivers After uninstalling Nvidia's drivers the problem continued to persist Unfortunately I performed another clean install of Windows last night which erased my previous dmp files but I un fortunately got a new error this morning SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e Caused by driver usbhub sys Caused by address usbhub sys d f The error rarely seems to occur during any other moments other than while playing videogames oddly enough everything seems fine while playing - I'll be receiving - FPS I'm not sure if it is relevant to the error at hand but I seem to be encountering massive dips in FPS as well where my games that normally run at will drop to - FPS Prior to the x e errors I was receiving BSODs which involved paging files as well Any help regarding this would be much appreciated as I'm pretty much at my wit's end here As requested the SF Diagnostic Tool's copy of all info and dump logs If any further information is needed let me know

A:Repeated BSODs while playing most video games

The BSOD is being caused by your Logitech webcam drivers:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880056034c9, fffff88003145818, fffff88003145070}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for lvbflt64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for lvbflt64.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------
Driver Reference Table - lvbflt64.sys

Please update the driver from here: Support + Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284683-repeated-bsods-while-playing-most-video-games.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
So glad to have found this forum and hope to get some input. My laptop has occasionally failed to start up (BSOD at boot) but eventually restarts correctly (after a hard restart or two) sometimes saying it is running a diagnostic and starting in a previous state. But this morning it BSODed on me a dozen times. I backed up all my data to an external drive and got the SFdebugfiles (attached). Hope you can tell me something about possible causes. Any and all input greatly appreciated!
JuliaB

A:repeated BSODs at boot, then works again fine for a while

Originally Posted by juliab

Hello,
So glad to have found this forum and hope to get some input. My laptop has occasionally failed to start up (BSOD at boot) but eventually restarts correctly (after a hard restart or two) sometimes saying it is running a diagnostic and starting in a previous state. But this morning it BSODed on me a dozen times. I backed up all my data to an external drive and got the SFdebugfiles (attached). Hope you can tell me something about possible causes. Any and all input greatly appreciated!
JuliaB

Hi JuliaB & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Unfortunately, the SF Diagnostic file which you have attached is empty. Please re run the tool for at least 15 minutes or till the program says FINISHED.

Attach the SF Diagnostic file in your next post .

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50674-repeated-bsods-boot-then-works-again-fine-while.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I've had repeated BSODs for about a month It stopped for about days but then started up again last night They happen seemingly from fltmgr.sys BSODs ntfs.sys, Repeated and ntoskrnl.exe, at random It will crash when I'm not there when I'm playing games like League of Legends and DOSBox or when I'm watching YouTube videos It also has crashed when a shutdown order was given also at the end or during of my AVG Anti-Virus scans As far as trying to keep windows updated that is hit and miss I cannot Repeated BSODs from ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and fltmgr.sys install SP and random updates will fail their installation System Specs Operating System Windows Professional bit Motherboard ASRock K N D Processor AMD Athlon Memory GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Graphics Card MB GeForce GTX Ti EVGA HDD ST DM - BD ATA Device EDIT I re-installed on a new hard-drive on or around October Attached are the dump records from the diagnostic tool provided by your website Solved Edit Upgraded the MoBo RAM and CPU Re-installed windows Professional bit BSODs no windows update errors no issues at all

A:Repeated BSODs from ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and fltmgr.sys

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88002fbd818, fffff88002fbd080, fffff880010b444e}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsTeardownStructures+18e )

Code:
Usual causes: Disk corruption, insufficient physical memory, Device driver, Indexing, Resident antivirus, backup, defrag programs, Disk/Drive failing/failure
Follow these hard-drive diagnostic procedures:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Additional hard-drive tests which can be used:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Post a screenshot of the Crystal Disk Info summary:Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Could you upload a .NFO file:

Start > Type: msinfo32 > File, Save

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267464-repeated-bsods-ntfs-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-fltmgr-sys.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey all,

Hoping you can make sense of why after about a year of no problems, I am now getting repeated BSODs while doing a wide variety of high, medium, and low memory tasks on my original-install OEM Win 7 Home Premium x64 Dell XPS 9100.

I suspected graphics drivers since the problems started up after updating my ATI drivers for my HD 5670. I ran all kinds of memory diagnostics and everything seemed OK. I uninstalled the driver and ATI Catalyst Install Manager, rebooted in safe mode, ran Driver Sweeper, ran CCleaner, rebooted, reinstalled an earlier ATI driver version, and everything was okay for about a week then the BSODs started again today.

Thanks in advance!

A:Repeated BSODs while browsing, gaming, etc. on XPS 9100

I should also add I suspected the ATI drivers because some of the BSODs mention atikmpag.sys, and the monitor occasionally distorts/freezes up with no BSOD and the only solution is a hard reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195867-repeated-bsods-while-browsing-gaming-etc-xps-9100-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

*I have read the BSOD posting guide but cannot get my system to stay on long enough to carry the instructions out.*

I have been having repeated BSODs with the following errors:

Bad_pool_caller
dxgmms1.sys
NTFS.sys
win32k.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I am a complete novice when it comes to updating drivers etc but I have managed to update my motherboard BIOS to the most recent version (with no luck). I am unable to attempt to update my video drivers as I experience a BSOD before I have a chance to access the internet.

I am running a Windows 7 64 bit desktop with a ATI HD4xxx (I forget exactly which) graphics card.

If there is any other information I should post please let me know and I'll do my best to get it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Repeated BSODs with a variety of error codes

I see possible video, HDD and RAM problems listed. Other underlying hardware may be causing problems.

Can your system stay up in SAFEMODE?

Tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up. Select Safemode w/ Networking. You can run the BSOD file collection app from there, if possible.

If not, run hardware diagnostics.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Run HDD diags -
- http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
- http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html
- Drive diagnostic utilities compendium - TechSpot OpenBoards

Start with SeaTools for DOS.

Download this ISO - http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/s...sDOS223ALL.ISO

Burn ISO to CD with ImgBurn --> The Official ImgBurn Website

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-with-a-variety-of-error-codes-577615.html
Relevancy 57.19%

My computer has been crashing to BSOD repeatedly over the last three days. We had a power outage on Sunday while I was out. Could that have set it off? I must not have had the Dump files settings right because they were not being created until today after I checked the setting again.

Attached is the Dump files. Let me know if I missed anything. Thanks in advance.

Michael Mayer

A:Repeated BSODs over last three days-Power Outage resposible?

Hello mjaymay.

Apparently the latest crash dump is not saying about the reason of the BSOD precisely. So checked your earlier BSOD (two months earlier) which was caused by the network driver. Then matched the drivers date in the latest crash dump, got the result that your network driver is extremely old.

Code:
fffff880`03a00000 fffff880`03a85000 Rt64win7 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 10 12:03:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
CheckSum: 0008B67F
ImageSize: 00085000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Realtek

Let us know the results. Will take the further measures depending on the situation.

Also make it sure that your Crucial M4-CT128M4SSD2 SSD is running the the latest firmware.
http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293618-repeated-bsods-over-last-three-days-power-outage-resposible.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been struggling with this problem for months These crashes occur most commonly when I am playing games leading me to believe it was a graphics card problem I cleared all my drivers and x64 Repeated 7 long-term BSODs, problem SP1 Windows did a clean install Only time will tell I attempted to use your blue screen collection program however my computer Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 crashed I shall try again after I post my basic information OS Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 Windows x SP Installed with my computer The computer is roughly months old Motherboard Asus M A LT-M-LE CPU AMD Atholon IIx Video Card ATI Radeon HD Power Supply I am uncertain of the brand however it is Watts It is a Cyber Power PC Gamer Ultra I have tested the memory i've reinstalled most drivers tried to clean the registry This may have been a mistake switched from Avast to MSE uninstalled Daemon I've tried to cover all the bases Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1 before posting this I'm going to attach my minidump file and my system report I have been running driver verifier since the th one crash was due to a PC tools antivirus program which I have since removed Unfortunately almost all of the dumps from march through june are gone but I will post more as they occur

A:Repeated BSODs, long-term problem Windows 7 x64 SP1

I successfully ran the collection program

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/repeated-bsods-long-term-problem-windows-7-x64-sp1-584550.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everybody Figured it would be worth trying me nuts! Ultimate/SP1 - driving BSODs Repeated Vista this forum have also posted in DELL forums I've got a DELL Vista Ultimate/SP1 - Repeated BSODs driving me nuts! XPS i with Vista some weeks ago and have been plagued with BSODs I have tried numerous things including restoring the factory image My SB X-Fi sounds card has been a headache breaking lost sound in CS S all along and I ended up uninstalling all Creative drivers and software Sound seems to be ok now with the drivers provided by Vista To the problem I get BSODs when the computer is idle Typically this happens if I start a disk clean defrag or just leave the computer after locking it Winkey L When I return I see the startup screen and when logging in Vista tells me it has recovered from a severe error etc This is now driving me nuts and I hope somebody here can help me I have pasted in the error details at the end of the message I have also attached the minidump file s zipped Hope somebody can get some helpful info out of the dminidump files Regards kostrom Knut Ostrom - Oslo Norway XPS i w Vista Ultimate CPU Q MHz - Gb RAM Nvidia Gt x SLI Enabled Creative SB X-Fi Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP F AC BCP BCP A B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump Mini - dmp C Users Knut AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Knut AppData Local Temp WERB tmp version txt

A:Vista Ultimate/SP1 - Repeated BSODs driving me nuts!

Originally Posted by kostrom

Hi everybody!

Figured it would be worth trying this forum (have also posted in DELL forums). I've got a DELL XPS 630i with Vista some weeks ago and have been plagued with BSODs. I have tried numerous things, including restoring the factory image. My SB X-Fi sounds card has been a headache (breaking/lost sound in CS:S+++) all along and I ended up uninstalling all Creative drivers and software. Sound seems to be ok now with the drivers provided by Vista.

To the problem: I get BSODs when the computer is idle! Typically this happens if I start a disk clean, defrag or just leave the computer after locking it (Winkey+L). When I return I see the startup screen and when logging in Vista tells me it has recovered from a severe error etc. This is now driving me nuts and I hope somebody here can help me! I have pasted in the error details at the end of the message. I have also attached the minidump file(s) zipped. Hope somebody can get some helpful info out of the dminidump files!

Regards,
kostrom
Knut Ostrom - Oslo, Norway

XPS 630i w/Vista Ultimate 32
CPU Q6850 @ 3.00 MHz - 4 Gb RAM
Nvidia 8800 Gt x2 SLI Enabled
Creative SB X-Fi

<snipped for clarity>

The Stop 0x50 message indicates that requested data was not in memory. The system generates an exception error when using a reference to an invalid system memory address. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/158607-vista-ultimate-sp1-repeated-bsods-driving-me-nuts.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Log is attached. BSOD's seem to occur at random times.

Laptop is a MSI GE70 with the GTX 660M

Processor Intel Core i7-3610QM (up to 3.30GHz, 6MB cache, quad-core, 45W)
Memory 8GB DDR3
Integrated Graphics Intel HD 4000
Discrete Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Display 17.3in - 1,920x1,080
Battery Lithium Ion, 49 Whr
Weight 3,057g
Wireless Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 (802.11bgn)
Storage Western Digital 750GB HDD (WD7500BPKT-22PK4T0)
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit

A:Repeated random BSODs on laptop. Errors differ with each.

This is your latest dump:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800b9b6a59, fffff880037b6038, fffff880037b5890}

Probably caused by : peauth.sys ( peauth+6aa59 )

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800b9b6a59, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880037b6038, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880037b5890, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
peauth+6aa59
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880037b6038 -- (.exr 0xfffff880037b6038)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800b9b6a59 (peauth+0x000000000006aa59)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 000000002e4ebb50
Attempt to read from address 000000002e4ebb50

CONTEXT: fffff880037b5890 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880037b5890)
rax=0000000000aba1ca rbx=0000000000000018 rcx=00000000ee3eaa30
rdx=000000003719d84f rsi=09d23008e7ec9a38 rdi=0000000009d23008
rip=fffff8800b9b6a59 rsp=fffff880037b6270 rbp=0000000000000095
r8=00000000aba1ca23 r9=000000008fd43939 r10=00000000ee3eaa30
r11=000000005de11882 r12=fffff880037b63a0 r13=fffff880037b6630
r14=fffffa800c3f11e0 r15=0ffffffffffffff0
iopl=0 ov up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010a06
peauth+0x6aa59:
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h] ds:002b:00000000`2e4ebb50=????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 000000002e4ebb50

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fa100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030fa1c0
000000002e4ebb50 Nonpaged pool

FOLLOWUP_IP:
peauth+6aa59
fffff880`0b9b6a59 2bb7488b7c24 sub esi,dword ptr [rdi+247C8B48h]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff880037b6630 to fffff8800b9b6a59

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`037b6270 fffff880`037b6630 : fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271866-repeated-random-bsods-laptop-errors-differ-each.html
Relevancy 57.19%

This is really annoying I own preventing update Windows BSODs 10 work me each to after repeated a Dell Latitude laptop since last year nbsp and most of the times repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work after a windows update it goes in BSOD or fails to start completely at random mostly when nbsp I am teaching nbsp or I am on a train and need to work on nbsp my laptop The laptop works one day and then the next it does not Dell support has changed hard drive RAMs AC cord and device to no avail The computer passes all repeated BSODs after each Windows 10 update preventing me to work the nbsp tests I am at loss I need to have a reliable machine for work and I think Dell should put more effort in nbsp supporting nbsp their clients I have nbsp put my minidumps and reports here https www dropbox com sh qibbcf rd p e AAAHmMYbZdSgTUUW esuvg ha dl nbsp I hope you can give relevant and final advice Failing that you will hear from my because the amount of work hours I am losing because of this is seriously damaging I look forward to hearing from you soon nbsp with a reliable solution as I am not the only one nbsp having these nbsp recurring problems

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997128
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi there I've recently built a new computer and everything seemed to be working fine up until a few weeks ago when I got a BSOD - okay no biggie I'll look it up and oh a different BSOD This was the beginning Since then I can't seem to use my computer for long periods or play games intensive - ntoskrnl.exe fault at BSODs to seems be Various and not intensive doesn't seem to Various BSODs - ntoskrnl.exe seems to be at fault matter which I Various BSODs - ntoskrnl.exe seems to be at fault tried to see if it was my graphics card so I ran Furmark and OCCT both of which said it's absolutely fine but I did a clean install of my AMD drivers just in case unfortunately this didn't solve the problem I also stressed the CPU and PSU using OCCT which also returned negative I then decided to use MemTest and left that running for passes overnight and again no negatives Frustrated I decided to get a BSOD dump viewer quot Blue Screen View quot which showed me that every single BSOD had been related to the ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe I tried using driver verifier both on 'all drivers' and specifically on this ntoskrnl exe but apart from giving me Driver Violation Detected BSODs it didn't seem to help me much at all because I'd no idea how to chase up the results Here's a list of BSODs I can remember getting since the issue started Page fault in non-paged areaIRQL not less or equalMemory managementBad pool headerSpecial pool detected memory corruptionDriver verifier detected violation I'm really running short on ideas here as I've no idea how to proceed in tracking down the problem And so I turn to you guys for help - please find attached the dump zip as requested in the sticky And please let me know if there is any more information I can provide that would help you in helping me Thanks in advance

A:Various BSODs - ntoskrnl.exe seems to be at fault

Hi courageouscoos,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Have you checked the memory compatibility of your mainboard?
It doesn't look like the module is supported by your mainboard.
ASRock > H170M-ITX/ac

Code:
[Physical Memory Array (Type 16) - Length 23 - Handle 000eh]
Location 03h - SystemBoard/Motherboard
Use 03h - System Memory
Memory Error Correction 03h - None
Maximum Capacity 33554432KB
Memory Error Inf Handle [Not Provided]
Number of Memory Devices 2
[Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 000fh]
Physical Memory Array Handle 000eh
Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided]
Total Width 64 bits
Data Width 64 bits
Size 8192MB
Form Factor 09h - DIMM
Device Set [None]
Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0
Bank Locator BANK 0
Memory Type 1ah - Specification Reserved
Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous
Speed 2133MHz
Manufacturer Kingston
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number
Part Number 9905625-029.A00G

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36122-various-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe-seems-fault.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Stumbled upon this forum when researching a frequent BSOD which occurs when playing Counter-strike Condition Zero The BSOD originally showed up as a page fault in nonpage area caused by win k sys When crashing the sound locks up display goes bad and then displays the BSOD After researching this problem some measures were taken to resolve the issue by updating drivers which initially was quite promising with no crash but after half an hour or so a new BSOD occured this time the page fault in nonpaged area Frequent CS:CZ, page in BSODs fault is said to be caused by Dnetr u sys which should be associated with my Wifi USB adapter from D-Link Memory tests have been run Memtest and windows own not that extended tests though and shows no errors My system Windows Vista SP Gigabyte FX-DS North Bridge AMD FX South Bridge AMD SB Realtek ALC A codec AUDIO Realtek B chip LAN Athlon X x gb hard-drives running in mirrored RAID D-Link DWA- Rangebooster Wifi USB adapter latest driver Sapphire HD Graphics card latest catalyst Click to expand When trying to update the system drivers through the gigabyte home page there seems to be a problem installing the quot north bridge filter driver quot this one comes up as not being of the current version when the install Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault manager analyzes the system after installing the same driver And the Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault debugged crash dump PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg aa ea memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg c If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Page a b not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details READ ADDRESS aa ea FAULTING IP Dnetr u c c b ffffff mov edx dword ptr ebp- BCh MM INTERNAL CODE IMAGE NAME Dnetr u sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a c MODULE NAME Dnetr u FAULTING MODULE Dnetr u DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME hl exe CURRENT IRQL TRAP FRAME aa c -- trap xffffffffaa c ErrCode eax f c b ebx ecx edx esi dbf e edi b eip c esp aa cd ebp aa f iopl nv up ei ng nz ac pe nc cs ss ds es fs gs efl Dnetr u x c c b ffffff mov edx dword ptr ebp- BCh ss aa ea Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from bf to dd STACK TEXT aa c c bf aa ea nt MmAccessFault x a aa c c c aa ea nt KiTrap E xdc WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong aa d c c b ff aa da Dnetr u x c aa d c fadc f e hal KfLowerIrql x aa db c c fd f e x fadc aa dcc c b fd aa dec hal HalpCheckForSoftwareInterrupt x aa ddc f b a f e aa e hal KfLowerIrql x aa de a f e aa e f hal KfReleaseSpinLock xb aa dec f f dd dd USBPORT USBPORT ReleaseEpListLock x aa e d d c c USBPORT USBPORT TxCsqReleaseLock x aa e c dca b a nt IoCsqInsertIrpEx x aa f dc c b fsdfw x b aa f c e e fsdfw x c aa fe c e a ad Dnetr u x c aa b c e b ac Dnetr u x c aa dbf e b ac ndis ndisMSendNBLToMiniport xb aa a b ac b ac ndis ndisFilterSendNetBufferLists x b aa b afa b ac ndis NdisFSendNetBufferLists x aa a b aa c aa c nwifi Dot OnDisassociate x aa ebf a ad nwifi Dot FlushIntermediateSendQueue x aa ec nwifi MP SendNBLInternal xe aa c c a ad nwifi MP Send x aa a afb a ad nwifi FilterSendNetBufferLists x aa c a a ad a ad ndis ndisFilterSendNetBufferLists x b aa dc d c a ad ndis NdisFSendNetBufferLists x aa fc e a ad anodlwf x c aa c a a ad a ad ndis ndisFilterSendNetBufferLists x b aa d f ab a c a ad ndis NdisFSendNetBufferLists x aa b e f a ad pacer PcFilterSendNetBufferLists x aa cc b a a ad a ad ndis ndisSendNBLToFilter x aa f c ce a ad ndis NdisSendNetBufferLists x f aa c ac tcpip FlSendPackets x aa c cbb cc ca tcpip IppFragmentPackets x aa b c ab cc ca aa cc c tcpip IppDispatchSendPacketHelper x aa c f a c... Read more

A:Frequent BSODs in CS:CZ, page fault

Updated chkdsk

Update: Ran check disk, and this is what it returned, nothing critical from what I can understand atleast.

Windows will now check the disk.
253760 file records processed. 1117 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. 2 EA records processed. 44 reparse records processed. 312692 index entries processed. 0 unindexed files processed. 253760 security descriptors processed. Cleaning up 5984 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 5984 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 5984 unused security descriptors.
29467 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
33841240 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
253744 files processed. File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
12634413 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

156268543 KB total disk space.
105240324 KB in 220102 files.
122004 KB in 29468 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
368559 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
50537656 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
39067135 total allocation units on disk.
12634414 allocation units available on disk.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-bsods-in-cs-cz-page-fault.155036/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Folks I bought a used computer on ebay a little over a month ago foolish I know and it keeps having the deadly blue screen error The error message seems 7 with error Windows [SOLVED] messages Repeated varying (yikes) BSODs to be different every time but the one consistent thing is that it seems to know when I'm working on something I don't want to lose but not any one particular software I don't know if anyone [SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes) here can help but I would really love it if this was figured out I've been pretty helpless on my own so far [SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes) Here's the computer's info OS Windows -bit OEM version Computer was purchased new in March and OS has not been reinstalled afaik I bought used in july CPU - GHz Core i QM Sandy Bridge Video card - GeForce M w GB DDR Graphics Memory Computer is a Dell XPS L X I've attached a zip file with the dmp files and other things recommended Let me know if you can help Right now I feel pretty stupid for buying this computer Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Repeated BSODs Windows 7 with varying error messages (yikes)

First post, I didn't realize it was a laptop till I checked the specs (and the ever so obvious "XPS").

On a fairly new laptop like this, I wouldn't think it was hardware related...

Run memtest86 (download the iso from their site, boot from disk) to check the RAM. It's usually the RAM on a laptop that goes first. Otherwise, I would suspect your Windows install. If it's that new (to you), you probably don't have a lot of personal files on there...

The OEM install of the OS should be usable again, I give it a "fresh kick in the pants". :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-repeated-bsods-windows-7-with-varying-error-messages-yikes-597716.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Repeated BSODs, layman's view shows ntoskrnl,exe in most dump files

A:Custom Comp for Microsoft Flight Simulator 10 Repeated BSODs ntoskrnl

Welcome to the forum,

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\AutoGreen Public
Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public:Start Menu\Programs\GIGABYTE\ET6 Public
Gigabyte EasySaver (and EasyTune6 if installed) will cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. Please uninstall it.

Drivers:

Code:
RTCore64.sys Tue Sep 6 18:24:50 2011
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)

Code:
AppleCharger.sys Wed Nov 2 08:46:00 2011 (4EB0AEE8)
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. See here for details - GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge [br] May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test.

Information
and install Revo Uninstaller.Opt for "Advanced Mode" and uninstall the software (also delete the leftover registry entries).

Follow these-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage. Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Lately we have experienced some issues with the latest driver. Install the 314.22 WHQL only. Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

------------------------
Reduce the start-up items, Antivirus software is basically whats required. Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
------------------------
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Make scans with these tools - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Let us know the results.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Debug session time: Sat Sep 14 00:02:14.772 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:01.942
BugCheck A, {100, 2, 0, fffff8000309a6a2}
Probably... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304854-custom-comp-microsoft-flight-simulator-10-repeated-bsods-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Friends I am currently experiencing issues with my computer that has windows installed Recently it has been randomly freezing forcing me to restart it or blue screening When the computer reboots it falls into a repeat cycle of Blue screening into rebooting until the trouble shooting Cycles into Random BSOD Reboots Repeated as PC Computer freezes/BSODs menu is reached I have attempted to do a system restore but the process failed The details of the failure were quot System restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point Source ProgramFiles WindowsApps Destenation AppxStaging System Restore ran out of disk space while restoring your files quot After a while of continually restarting my computer it occasionally gets to the log in screen and will either blue screen again or run normally depending on whether or not i'm lucky The attached dump is from yesterday I've had a couple more blue screens since I would appreciate any help Just let me know if you need any more information Thanks YELLYPHISH-Mon zip Random Computer freezes/BSODs into Repeated BSOD Cycles as PC Reboots

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53263-random-computer-freezes-bsods-into-repeated-bsod-cycles-pc-reboots.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I built this computer a few weeks again and have been getting a periodic (every 2-3 days) BSOD. I ran Memtest as was recommended to those with similar problems; it cycled through four times without detecting any errors. I need to figure out which piece of hardware (presumably) is the problem so I can get it back to newegg before the return window closes. Dump file attached per forum instructions. Thanks so much for your help, guys!

A:New Build, repeated "Page fault in nonpaged area" BSOD 0x00000050

Hi trippdup.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to crashes.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Also, Avast is contributing to the BSODs.

Code:
fffff880`08262bb8 fffff880`0427044dUnable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswSnx.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
aswSnx+0x3044d
Description here: Driver Reference Table - aswSnx.SYS

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; for a safety need, as the installed antivirus failed.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326518-new-build-repeated-page-fault-nonpaged-area-bsod-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Right now my computer seems quot stable quot but for several days I was having incredible difficulty SF BSODs diagnostic etc. Frequent fault? at Motherboard getting the computer to operate without BSOD or rejecting the BIOS settings etc I recently got a new Frequent BSODs etc. Motherboard at fault? SF diagnostic graphics card PSU Frequent BSODs etc. Motherboard at fault? SF diagnostic and memory I memtested the memory and it's fine this is my second set since the first set brought similar crashes did not memtest first set though I doubt the graphics card or PSU are issues Frequent BSODs etc. Motherboard at fault? SF diagnostic either but who knows I suspect some of the RAM slots on the motherboard may be at fault because when I re-arrange the RAM or place one stick in particular slots the system will not boot Anyways attached are the diagnostic files from the SF tool Like I said the system runs quot okay quot now but not where I want it to as far as dependability If I get more BSODs I will definitely come back with updated dump files I'm not good at figuring out dump files and event logs so if anybody could interpret the attached information for me I would really appreciate it Thanks My system A-POWER W PSU Intel Core i - processor GIGABYTE P -UD L motherboard Windows Ultimate -bit OS G SKILL GB x GB PC DDR RAM ATI RADEON HD GB graphics card

A:Frequent BSODs etc. Motherboard at fault? SF diagnostic

Quote: Originally Posted by splexin

Right now, my computer seems "stable" but for several days I was having incredible difficulty getting the computer to operate without BSOD or rejecting the BIOS settings etc

I recently got a new graphics card, PSU, and memory. I memtested the memory and it's fine (this is my second set since the first set brought similar crashes...did not memtest first set though). I doubt the graphics card or PSU are issues either, but who knows. I suspect some of the RAM slots on the motherboard may be at fault because when I re-arrange the RAM or place one stick in particular slots, the system will not boot.

Anyways, attached are the diagnostic files from the SF tool. Like I said, the system runs "okay" now but not where I want it to (as far as dependability). If I get more BSODs, I will definitely come back with updated dump files.

I'm not good at figuring out dump files and event logs, so if anybody could interpret the attached information for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

My system:
A-POWER 750W PSU
Intel Core i5-750 processor
GIGABYTE P55-UD3L motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit) OS
G.SKILL 4 GB (2 x 2GB) PC12800 DDR3 RAM
ATI RADEON HD 5830 (1GB) graphics card

These 3 crashes were caused by three different files. When there are that many different problems I have to start thinking hardware, probably memory.

I would start by downloading memetestx86 and run it for at least 5 passes. Let us know the results

If you are overclocking STOP

Ken

Code:
041910-14476-01.dmp 4/19/2010 11:39:12 PM BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019 00000000`00000003 fffff800`0384be70 0ffff800`0384be70 77fff800`0384be70 discache.sys discache.sys+80bfa3 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Seven Forums\Minidumps\041910-14476-01.dmp 4 15 7600
041910-19687-01.dmp 4/19/2010 1:36:40 PM KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 mouhid.sys mouhid.sys+1aff808 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Seven Forums\Minidumps\041910-19687-01.dmp 4 15 7600
041910-19344-01.dmp 4/19/2010 1:15:18 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff960`000c8ead fffff880`021cfc10 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+70600 x64 C:\Users\K\Desktop\Seven Forums\Minidumps\041910-19344-01.dmp 4 15 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79858-frequent-bsods-etc-motherboard-fault-sf-diagnostic.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi folks My brother s computer recently bit the dust while he was at work much to my chagrin he leaves it hardware fault of BSODs assumed...? Variety - running almost continuously for no particularly reason Variety of BSODs - hardware fault assumed...? and in trying to fix it I ve uncovered various BSODs which come and go but invariably full XP refuses to load It dies either whilst loading or when you attempt to log in Safe mode boots but only after I already tinkered with a few things The spec is as follows Athlon FX GB RAM Leadtek GT GB Maxtor Asus A V Initially the computer wouldn t boot to XP at all but having disabled all but two of the USB ports underclocked the CPU multiplier to x and unplugged the DVD drive a CD writer remains safe mode now seems largely stable I was able to run a disk defrag but when networking is enabled it BSODs I ve run memtest and it comes up negative for errors I it continuously overnight and apparently no problems Some of the BSODs are NDIS sys nv mini sys USBPORT sys Haven t seen USBPORT sys since disabling most of the usbs and NDIS seems to be the most common cause combined with the added instability of network safe mode could the onboard LAN be at fault Otherwise I m suspicious it might be a PSU problem as this would explain the variety of errors and apparently unfaulty RAM Looking in the BIOS setup the VCORE seems to be fluctuating a little but having never checked before I don t know if this is normal The readings are as follows VCORE V -- gt V V -- gt V V -- gt Any suggestions as to how I might further test anything would be much appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I've been getting several constant BSODS as of late in the middle of doing work. Every I get the crash it says "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". I have already ran Memtest on my system about 10 times and nothing came up at all. I looked up on BlueScreenView and it says that ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.exe is at fault. Any ideas as to what to do to remedy this?

A:Constant BSODS (ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) at fault

Quote: Originally Posted by sixty01

I've been getting several constant BSODS as of late in the middle of doing work. Every I get the crash it says "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT". I have already ran Memtest on my system about 10 times and nothing came up at all. I looked up on BlueScreenView and it says that ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.exe is at fault. Any ideas as to what to do to remedy this?

Before we start, can you tell us which program you ran to test the memory and for how long?
A link of the program would be a nice explanation.

And, 10 times ... what does it exactly mean? You tested the memory for ten different instances?

Please let us know. This information would be very vital.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370947-constant-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-fault.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello. I am already living 4 months with annoying bluescreens which appears anytime. Everything starts after moving from XP to Win7. Before a few weeks I bought new sata2.5 samsung Hdd because I thought that it was hdd fault but the problem persists. During this time I tried many things - removing almost all soft and programs, disk scans through cmd, memtest (after 17 passes it have found no errors), registry fix programs, reinstall all windows and reinstall just windows files. but the problem as you can see still persists. Bsod appears in many different situations - sometimes while wathcing movie, sometimes while doing nothing or even after few seconds after pressing shut down button and so on...
As I recognized Bluescreen viewer shows that everythere are shown that bsod ae caused by ntkrnlpa.exe driver. Maybe it gives you some ideas. I really hope that you will help me to fix everything.

Laptop-Asus f50gx
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

A:Many different bsods. Everytime shows ntkrnlpa.exe fault

Run this and post back the dumps

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {22, 80000000, 0, 0}
BSOD Index

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273772-many-different-bsods-everytime-shows-ntkrnlpa-exe-fault.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi everyone i was told to come here from tomshardware to have some help looking into my minidumps heres a link to the thread + Errors Mem BSODS Memtest Management,Page fault to see what's been done Mem Management,Page fault BSODS + Memtest Errors Link Heres the situation Running a Homebuilt PC with gb x gb ram sticks Crucial Ballistix sport GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model BLS G D DS S Mobo is msi g Not until recently did i find out that this kit that was sold to me from microcenter isn't actually a kit it's just separate gb sticks slapped together and called a kit not sure that matters Got my first BSOD a month or two ago ignored it but then it started to happen maybe - times a day and finally got fed up and seeked help i looked around and saw that it may be things Driver issue Bad ram Voltage issue So i updated all my drivers still get the BSODs i ran memtest on the sticks individually on all the DIMMs and the passed but when running memtest together i get errors so to me it seems its something else probably something with compatibility What i've tried so far to remedy the situation is increasing the DIMM and CPU-NB voltage by twice first time i got a BSOD within the first hour nd time it took days for the next BSOD any help is appreciated thanks btw im watching this thread like a hawk so i'll reply very quickly dumps are attached thanks again

A:Mem Management,Page fault BSODS + Memtest Errors

heres a pic of my cpu-z spd tab i forgot to mention i've run prime95 and aida64 bench tests and didnt get any bsods or anything....

and i've also run the basics like system scans and chkdsks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257875-mem-management-page-fault-bsods-memtest-errors.html
Relevancy 54.61%

For the past few days someone I know has been getting various bsods at random times Whether it be sitting idle or playing a game I've been using teamviewer and I various checks, driver BSODs a bug with at possibly is Random fault. have been trying to figure out what the deal is for a few days now and I can't figure out what's going on here I've never looked into Random BSODs with various bug checks, possibly a driver is at fault. blue screens so much in my Random BSODs with various bug checks, possibly a driver is at fault. life before this and I've just about given up From what I've gathered this could possibly be a bad driver since this is a Windows upgrade from a Random BSODs with various bug checks, possibly a driver is at fault. Windows but I can't figure out how to identify it It started happening after a blue screen while playing a game The computer itself is a prebuilt The bsod checkers I've used consistently point to ntoskrnl exe being the reason for it But I've gotten WDFLDR sys hal dll HDAudBus sys and such along with it However they have not appeared since I've been trying to fix them by updating various drivers We've been fine for the past days then it happened again times A fourth time recently when I tried using that Dm Log Collector and the computer was idle for hours just fine Can anyone point out any suspicious drivers that I should uninstall or update Or perhaps any other issues

A:Random BSODs with various bug checks, possibly a driver is at fault.

Hi Goobert,

Welcome to the 10forums.

What has been tried to solve the bluescreens?
Could you provide some description of what happens when the crash occurs and what you/this person is/are doing?

Please check Realtek for driver updates for the Realtek network drivers
Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys

Code:
ffffd000`21613830 fffff800`a79897d0Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys
rt640x64+0x197d0
2: kd> lmvm rt640x64
start end module name
fffff800`a7970000 fffff800`a7a55000 rt640x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys
Image name: rt640x64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 01 12:34:33 2015 (560D0C39)
CheckSum: 000F03D5
ImageSize: 000E5000
Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

Code:
ffffd000`223f3a18 fffff800`97513189Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x1c3189
2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff800`97350000 fffff800`97e47000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Nov 24 19:15:37 2015 (5654A949)
CheckSum: 00ABBCF5
ImageSize: 00AF7000

Diagnostic Test

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Code:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Please fill in the system specs of this person you are trying to help, can I call him/her your friend or how may I call him/her?
Please follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34488-random-bsods-various-bug-checks-possibly-driver-fault.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

Last night had a BSOD on shutdown (don't know the error code), then this morning two more BSODs (one IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the other PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

Chrome keeps giving me 'Aw Snap' errors this morning.

No new hardware recently. Nor driver changes. Was custom build before Christmas, no issues up til now.

Dump data attached.

Any help much appreciated!!

A:Multiple BSODs (IRQL and Page Fault codes)

IRQ and Pagefile errors to BSOD are in my experience RAM-related. You might have dodgy/overheated memorychips even if they return no errors in individual testing, alternatively you might have different types of ram. This usually requires bios to set different voltages that some (older) motherboards would seem to have issues with, MSI in particular.

Try booting with one memchip only and see if that helps, if not, replace it with the next one and so on... worked for me at least.

Cheers-

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333251-multiple-bsods-irql-page-fault-codes.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I've been researching the root of my BSODs for what seems like forever and I feel like I'm banging my head Page errors Random BSODS sporadic. - Fault Often against a brick wall I'm running an overclocked system and sporadically receive BSODs which are either pagefault errors or PFN corrupt errors I've tried running the driver verification tool but it would BSOD while booting windows - however I do have a crash dump from that but haven't the ability to read it yet I ran the windows memory checker utility which came up clean I haven't run memtest yet - I don't have a writeable disc or USB drive to hand to be able to create the boot disc I've included crash reports for your browsing pleasure The BSODs often happen when windows is shutting down but that is the only common thread - other crashes are Random BSODS - sporadic. Often Page Fault errors seemingly random anything from browsing the web on chrome or in the middle Random BSODS - sporadic. Often Page Fault errors of a Battlefield session Any and all help will be gratefully accepted and if I need to provide any more details then of course I will Thanks

A:Random BSODS - sporadic. Often Page Fault errors

Hi -

Overclocking can cause all sorts of problems. If you are overclocking your system, please return all overclocked components to their stock speeds. If the BSOD's are found not to be caused by the overclock, you can re-overclock the components once we have finished the diagnostics.

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please disable driver verifier for the time being.Driver Verifier Enable/Disable
Update the Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Hub Driver to the latest version available.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8006789b50, fffff800060e33d0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for EtronHub3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for EtronHub3.sys
Implicit thread is now fffffa80`06789b50
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : EtronHub3.sys ( EtronHub3+5f51 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 0000000000000258, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa8006789b50, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff800060e33d0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7

Debugging Details:
------------------

Implicit thread is now fffffa80`06789b50

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 4

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800046bc652 to fffff800046c9b8a

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`035af070 fffff800`046bc652 : fffffa80`06789b50 fffffa80`06789b50 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`035af1b0 fffff800`046cda9f : fffffa80`0d51f4f0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`05b88ff8 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`035af240 fffff880`05b88f51 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ca52000 fffff800`049ae700 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`035af2e0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ca52000 fffff800`049ae700 fffff880`03365180 : EtronHub3+0x5f51
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
EtronHub3+5f51
fffff880`05b88f51 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281590-random-bsods-sporadic-often-page-fault-errors.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello all,

So, as I mentioned in title, I recently started getting BSODs with a few different errors very, very frequently and I can't figure out what's causing them, but I'm almost positive it's hardware-related now. I've done two clean installs of Windows, cleared CMOS and checked my BIOS settings, checked to see if all my peripherals are working correctly, and so on with no luck in finding the cause. Before I go to all the trouble of testing my RAM, I've come to you all, the experts of these wonderful forums, for help in analyzing these logs in case it's possible to figure out what the problem is, specifically, just from those. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47203-bsods-page-fault-kernel-security-other-fun-stuff.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dont know reason, i get random crashes "page fault in nonpaged area". Please help..

XN4-07-02-2015_204938,81.zip

A:random bsods - page fault in nonpaged area

Update drivers in red and uninstall Asus bloatware, disable nVidia Kernel Streaming service. Run SFC: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums

Code:
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

ICCWDT.sys Wed Aug 18 10:27:45 2010 (4C6B9981)
IIntel(R) Watchdog Timer Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ICCWDT.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiCharger.sys Thu Mar 22 09:07:51 2012 (4F6ADDD7)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

VBEngNT.sys Tue Apr 24 18:26:02 2012 (4F96D41A)
Virus Buster
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VBEngNT.sys

dhxubdzd.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

dhxubdzd.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

8k4pmse0.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

8k4pmse0.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

6e2fwq82.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

6e2fwq82.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

0so5uwyc.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

0so5uwyc.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

hxdebpzt.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

hxdebpzt.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

i5njspbo.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

i5njspbo.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

px9qnx39.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

px9qnx39.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

1xpaf9n1.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

1xpaf9n1.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

qeub4ywy.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

qeub4ywy.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

eeabwq8e.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

eeabwq8e.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

kf99inli.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

kf99inli.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

jrjc5b17.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

jrjc5b17.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

rjj6h1dj.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

rjj6h1dj.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

1x52fhjl.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

1x52fhjl.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

55lijxbx.vbt Fri Jul 20 01:36:43 2012 (50089A0B)

55lijxbx.vbt - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional info... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61246-random-bsods-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey all I built my computer last August and since then it has been running wonderfully except for recurring BSODs The most common message on the BSODs is quot Page fault in nonpaged area quot The BSODs happen occasionally but seem to be more frequent of late which means fixing in Recurring area nonpaged fault BSODS; page them is Recurring BSODS; page fault in nonpaged area a priority They happen when Recurring BSODS; page fault in nonpaged area I am using programs -- Photoshop Firefox or Chrome games etc Never had one happen when it's just on the desktop I am running Win Professional x I got it through the MSDNAA Microsoft Developers Network Academic Alliance Everything on this computer is new as of August Further system specs are in my profile I've attached the report and dump report as per the posting instructions If any more information is needed I will provide it to the best of my ability Thank you all Edit I am behind an update or two I think I just plugged my computer in for the first time in three or four weeks I can install updates before proceeding if necessary

A:Recurring BSODS; page fault in nonpaged area

The latest dump shows "aswMonFlt.sys" as the possible cause. That is an Avast system driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213583-recurring-bsods-page-fault-nonpaged-area.html
Relevancy 54.18%

ive been experiencing need identifying part fault; help the random hardware BSODs, suspected random BSODs since some - weeks first just a few came random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part up then suddenly stopped for more than a random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part week and then started again i have done lots of HDD RAM amp video memory checks and neither indicated any damage to these parts but since the BSODs are all memory-related i random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part suspect it to be the CPU memory controller or something between the CPU and the RAM or maybe the chipset or the connection between the RAM slots and the motherboard one symptom that is very special is that occasionally usually right after a crash one of my RAM modules doesnt get detected anymore of course i tried reseating them both using just one in each slot and using totally different RAM modules just to exclude the chance that the RAM modules or one of the two slots became defective regarding the BSODs the majority is error B with atikmdag sys however after having completely removed all AMD software and drivers and registry keys and installed a previous version of CCC and the GPU driver which used to work perfectly before having installed the most recent one beta and before the BSODs started to occur the BSODs reoccured so it definitely is not related to the GPU drivers but they just seem to be the first to suffer from the errors my suspicion regarding the CPU memory controller or something on the motherboard is strenghtened by the fact that this notebook has always had major heat issues due to its internal design just one fan and suboptimal placement of the hottest parts inside so i fear the heat might have caused damage mostly around - C sometimes when stressed very much like during gaming the CPU throttles when reaching C and the GPU when reaching C ive been cleaning the inside of the notebook regularily each - weeks since ive gotten it years ago and already repasted the CPU amp GPU times about months in between last time was end of may which may suggest that something went wrong last time i did the repasting job usually after repasting the temps went down noticeably and only after some - months i needed to blow the inside and maybe clean it a bit for the first time the specs are following windows ultimate bit sp custom freshly installed right after purchase so no OEM OS and no upgrade HP Envy D ea notebook i qm ATI mobility radeon gb kingston hyperx ram x gb seagate momentus xt gb HD i know there is almost certainly no hope for this notebook anymore but since there is no real alternative i would be willing to buy at the moment i would like to keep it alive for some additional months if anyhow possible then id go for a HP zbook mobile wirkstation so maybe if we can narrow the issue down to a single part i might be able to buy this exact part and replace it if eg a new CPU would do it just to prolong the notebook for these months this would be great btw the notebook is not completely dead now i am writing this thread from it and i can mostly avoid any BSODs by just not stressing it too much by browsing too many windows tabs etc surprisingly when gaming it only crashed once so i think the stress and heat that gaming produces is not the right one to produce the errors but having several browser windows open and eg a youtube video this almost certainly crashes after a while i am uploading the jcgriff folder perfmon report and additionally most of the minidumps ive saved from the last weeks so you can see that it is not restricted to a specific driver there you can also see the dates of the minidumps and how there was a gap with no errors for more than a week note i have no full memory dumps because of limited space on my primary partition why i neither have system managed page file on my c partition if really needed i can turn it on temporarily so a full memory... Read more

A:random BSODs, suspected hardware fault; need help identifying the part

although i am quite sure this is a hardware issue, not a software/driver one, ive been running the driver verifier for some time now, and got some BSODs, so i am uploading them here now as well.

though as already said, i doubt this will help further, since the BSODs i get do not always recognize a driver, sometimes its just memory fault with no service identified, or in rare cases the system just turns off without a blue screen.

note: ive had the driver verifier select all installed drivers automatically, and not just non-microsoft ones, since quite often system kernel files such as win2k.sys are the ones mentioned in the BSOD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-suspected-hardware-fault-need-help-identifying-the-part-859185.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Since yesterday I've been experiencing random BSODs. It usually happens when I'm web browsing, opening folders, or sometimes just idling in Desktop. It's never happened when I was gaming though.

I did Prime95, Memtest, and checkdisk. My system passed all three so maybe that would rule out hardware problems. I also tried removing my antivirus and reinstalling my video drivers but the BSOD still happens. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

A:Random BSODs happening lately, 'Page fault in none paged area'

Demon Tools is known to BSOD Windows, Uninstall it and let us know if they stop.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260537-random-bsods-happening-lately-page-fault-none-paged-area.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all!
So, during Christmas, I received an 850 Pro as a gift. After the upgrade, I installed a fresh copy of WIn 7 ULtimate, as well as all the required drivers. I started experiencing BSODs after I put the computer to sleep or wake it up. It does not happen all the time, but 3 out of 5.
Blue Screen Reder shows NVIDIAs drivers to be the cause. Not sure what to do, because I did downgrade to earlier gpu drivers that worked before.
The system was rock solid before the upgrade and fresh install.
The logs are attached, as per instructions.
Really hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance!

A:Random BSODs - started after fresh Win 7. NVIDIA drivers at fault?

Hi There,

You are right about the Nvidia drivers, Uninstall that one for now.

Seeing as this is laptop your best option is to just install what ever driver Microsoft finds through windows update.

It may get offered in the several rounds of updates you are missing as well as SP1,

Code:
Host Name: DIODIA-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: diodia
That should be the first thing you do, get SP1 and all the updates following it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358800-random-bsods-started-after-fresh-win-7-nvidia-drivers-fault.html
Relevancy 54.18%

So for a long time now probably going on over a year I've been wrestling with my computer I should get a new one and just start from zero but I can't afford that right now so I'm hoping that I may be able to get some help here Essentially my computer crashes a lot sometimes randomly and sometimes with noticeable patterns It's sometimes a BSOD usually Memory Management sometimes Page Fault and I got a Driver IRQL a long time ago and sometimes it's just a flat hang with a stuttering sound repeating until I do Fault BSODs Multiple Page Memory and Management Crashes, and a hard reset Something I've noticed lately is it crashes more often when I have Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault flash player up for some reason or another but especially for streaming videos There's also been a couple of times where first firefox and or the flash plugin will crash then the PC will run for a bit but if I try to bring firefox back up it will hang or BSOD I've gotten crashes for other reasons though In addition sometimes when I start the PC up it won't post saying a BIOS checksum failed and that it can't detect a keyboard That's usually solved by restarting it once or twice more I've had other various errors in the past but that's the majority of it and what's been happening recently The following is the steps I've taken so far Run Memtest overnight and for hours at a time no errors Run various hard drive checking utilities no errors Run chkdsk on both hard drives I've gotten the occasional bad sector but hasn't changed crashes afterward Reinstalled Windows both repair and clean I've also done sfc scannow afterward and everything was fine Removed Daemontools Avast replaced with MSE and several other bad programs Run CCleaner and various registry fixing tools I've had registry errors but cleaning them hasn't helped Run Full virus and malware scans both originally with Avast then with MSE and also Malwarebytes no viruses Replaced the Motherboard Graphics Card and CPU at various points since the problems first started not always as an attempt to specifically fix it but worth mentioning Updated the BIOS on the replaced motherboard and replaced its battery Reinstalled Flash and kept it updated just in case No luck Similarly I've kept all my drivers up to date and use Windows Update regularly I'm at my wit's end trying to find a way to make my PC stable Any help or insight would be appreciated Logs attached per the forum instruction but that only has the last one due to the aforementioned reinstall and cleans If I get a new BSOD I'll update it

A:Multiple BSODs and Crashes, Memory Management and Page Fault

just analysed the .dmp files and what really concerned me was this bit at the endof the dump file:

IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption

this and a few other things in there indicated possible corruppted memory, if this is the case I would reccomend backing up all files IMMEDIATELY and then, just to confirm what is happening, run memtest and get back to me with results

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368916-multiple-bsods-crashes-memory-management-page-fault.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everybody,

For the past 1 month I've been getting Irql not less or equal and Page fault in non paged area BSODs every day several times and I have read so many posts for troubleshooting these errors and tried so many of them, from a clean windows 7 install to updating drivers, using driver sweeper and then updating again and what not..

But I just dotn seem to understand whats wrong. Tried understanding the minidumps using bluescreen view and I all could gather was some issue with ntoskernel.exe

I'm attaching my minidumps, can someone please tell me whats wrong - is it my laptop getting too hot or some driver etc?

Extra Info: The laptop is HP dv-7 running Win7-x64 and does seem to get pretty hot, especially when I'm playing Counter Strik 1.6 on Steam and crashes are much more frequent when I'm playing Steam CS 1.6

Thanks and Regards

A:IRQL not less or equal and page fault in non paged area BSODs

Okay, I think it is time to check your memory and then check the hard drive for errors. Take your time and follow these instructions:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/irql-not-less-or-equal-and-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-bsods.178045/
Relevancy 54.18%

First time on this forum and looking for some help with a problem that s been happening for a while I built a new Athlon system about months ago weeks into the initial build I got my first BSOD I would average another BSOD every weeks or so with no apparent problems in between The basic info for the machine is as follows Athlon Newcastle w stock HSF Asus A V Deluxe Rev x MB Corsair VS PC - - - dual channel Enermax EG P-VE PSU x GB Hitachi K SATA in RAID on VIA controller GB Hitachi K SATA on Promise controller Plextor PX- A DVD -R RW Radeon XT MB SB Audigy I put up with the problem for a while but finally decided a few months ago to get serious about trying to fix it Problem is I can t recreate or predict the problem I with Analyzing (Page Windows Debugger Error) 50 BSODs Fault ve run a number of different diagnostics memtest docmem Prime CPU burn-in Super PI drive utilities etc and nothing reported errors or crashed the system Never had a crash during gaming either The BSODs seem more likely to happen when the system is idling or at light load actually although I haven t find an identifiable pattern About months ago I decided to start fresh with new drives and Win XP SP Made sure to get the latest drivers BIOS etc I got Analyzing BSODs with Windows Debugger (Page Fault 50 Error) about weeks out of it before another BSOD and have had several since--the fresh install didn t do the trick either This past week I ve spent some time trying to see if the windows dump files can yield any clues Here s where I need some help since I really don t know how to process the info in the files I ve managed to open the files with the Windows debugger and Analyzing BSODs with Windows Debugger (Page Fault 50 Error) performed a basic analysis but I m not able to interpret the info I don t have a dump file for every crash a few of them didn t give a BSOD but just rebooted but the three I do have contain very similar info Here s one example of what Debugger is reporting Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck be f d be f d Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by ntkrnlpa exe nt KiTrap E cc Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Invalid system memory was referenced This cannot be protected by try-except it must be protected by a Probe Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory Arguments Arg be f d memory referenced Arg value read operation write operation Arg be f d If non-zero the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address Arg reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Could not read faulting driver name WRITE ADDRESS be f d FAULTING IP ffffffffbe f d be f d MM INTERNAL CODE CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a a d to be f d STACK TEXT WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong a a d a a d ffed bf f ad xbe f d a a d c c bd e c xa a d a a d c c eb bd e c nt KiFastCallEntry xf ffee x c eb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiTrap E cc f ec c test eax eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner SYMBOL NAME nt KiTrap E cc MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlpa exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP a d STACK COMMAND trap ffffffffa a c kb FAILURE BUCKET ID x W nt KiTrap E cc BUCKET ID x W nt KiTrap E cc Followup MachineOwner The one thing that strikes me as particularly odd is that the value in the second argument doesn t make sense Debugger list or as valid results but the returned value is So far I haven t been able to get any more info about that I m hoping that someone here can help me interpret this information and try to discover the cause of the problem I ll try to upload the actaully minidump files as well in case someone wants to try to analyze them directly Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Analyzing BSODs with Windows Debugger (Page Fault 50 Error)

I am attaching .dmp files in .zip format...hope they yield some helpful information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/analyzing-bsods-with-windows-debugger-page-fault-50-error.29495/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys

I like to attempt and fix PC issues myself but this one is stumping me?

6 month old laptop - first BSOD i've had for years (my old 7yr old PC never)

BSODs seemingly randomly 3 different indicators seen- special pool error, unequal or equal error, page fault in unpaged area...

Attached are the details in the SF Diag zip

I have run memtest86- no issues
Simple MS debug offered TCPip.sys but driver normal
Have a full belarc profile summary too if required

Other issues lately- unsure if related - wifi dropping out/slow to connect

Hit 2 websites lately that were viral- caught by symantec but noted.

Everything else updated as required
I dont game
Do watch movies, etc

Any help pointers would be appreciated

Thanks
Trevor

A:BSODs- special pool, unequal or equal error, page fault...help please!

Are you able to Up Date Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243414-bsods-special-pool-unequal-equal-error-page-fault-help-please.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all-- I built a custom rig about weeks ago I noticed a BSOD in the first week KERNEL INPAGE ERROR and thought I might have some out of INPAGE KERNEL and AREA NONPAGED ERROR IN BSODs FAULT PAGE date drivers I updated every driver I could think of but I got the same BSOD KERNEL INPAGE ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSODs the next KERNEL INPAGE ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSODs week I checked in the C Windows Minidump folder but KERNEL INPAGE ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSODs it was empty--I confirmed that my system was configured to create minidump files but didn t quite know what else to do The next week same thing I tried memtest org Windows Memory Diagnostic Tools and chkdsk When I ran chkdsk on my HDD a few errors came up and were fixed so I thought the problem was solved Then the I received another BSOD the next day and one the day after that When I built this computer I used an SSD for the OS files and an HDD from an older computer to save all of my files I figured the issue was that there were old system files on the HDD that were interfering so I formatted the HDD and installed WIndows clean on the SSD again I figured that would cover most of my bases Yesterday I got the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA BSOD I m sort of at my wit s end now This OS install was literally days old I don t really have a lot of programs on it yet so I can t think of any application that would be causing this On the plus side I do have a minidump file now and I ve attached it here It was suggested that this could be a result of faulty RAM but so far I have been unable to confirm that with any diagnostics Thing s I ve tried --wiping HDD reinstalling Windows on SSD --chkdsk on all hard drives errors were fixed on HDD --memtest from www memtest org hours passes no errors or failures --Updating GPU drivers More hopefully helpful information --The BSODs have mostly occurred when I m not in the room It s not happening during a specific program it s usually happening while the computer s completely idle One time it happened while I was playing WoW but that was an anomaly not the norm --My rig runs pretty cool degrees C or so when idle degrees or so under load --I m not currently overclocking anything I would like to but I can t seem to get my system stable enough so I m not at the moment --Given that it s happened across multiple installs of the OS and that it s more or less happened since Day with this install I don t think a System Recovery System Restore is going to help --If I m running programs off my HDD secondary drive should I have a page file set up on that drive My rig --Intel Core i k chipset --Gigabyte Z mobo GA-Z XP-UD --CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR --MSI N GTX Hawk GeForce GTX Fermi GB -bit GDDR --OCZ Solid SLD - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC SSD --WD Caviar Blue HDD g -- W PSU --Windows -bit This current install is days old I ve been browsing this forum for the past few weeks trying different things--everyone on here seems really friendly and helpful Anything you guys can think of would be GREATLY appreciated Thank you everyone nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,
Over the last couple of months I have been getting BSODs of a variety of types. The last two I recorded were IRQL not less or equal (when disconnecting the external monitor) and Page fault in nonpaged area (when connecting the monitor). I am not sure whether connecting/disconnecting the monitor is relevant, as previous times I got BSODs without that (e.g. system service exception). A number of the times were when I restarted the computer. I am attaching shots I took of the screen on my iphone. Apologies for the quality.
Similarly, I did not understand from the instructions how to "save the information into a debug-YourComputerName-xxxx.zip file on your desktop". I hope have attached the right thing.
Thanks for you help!

A:Frequent BSODs: Page fault in nonpaged area, IRQL not less or equal

Hi violapower.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Report us for any further BSOD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328084-frequent-bsods-page-fault-nonpaged-area-irql-not-less-equal.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok I've always maintained VAIO: NONPAGED & readyboost AREA; & mini-sys; PAGE IN nv_4 FAULT BSODs that the secret to the Internet is humbling one's self and asking for help from those who have been there or are there Well here i am Bought a BSODs & VAIO: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA; nv_4 mini-sys; & readyboost Sony Vaio VGN- SZ P nd hand that already had Windows quot upgraded quot Encountered BSODs & VAIO: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA; nv_4 mini-sys; & readyboost BSOD when playing quot big media quot Usually when trying BSODs & VAIO: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA; nv_4 mini-sys; & readyboost to watch something on Media Player Classic But also when trying to set up Itunes or doing something that requires a lot of computing I uploaded a bunch of attachments - i think it's what someone would want to see in order to help me ok Here's the system info and minidump i think you requested Excellent tip by the way with the quot send to zipped folder quot advice i have tried to solve this problem for a couple weeks always thinking it was a missing or outdated driver it's suggested that i need a new graphics card but i don't do any online gaming and rarely watch movies on my VAIO The screen looks awesome and the computer runs great except for this problem

A:BSODs & VAIO: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA; nv_4 mini-sys; & readyboost

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223751-bsods-vaio-page-fault-nonpaged-area-nv_4-mini-sys-readyboost.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey there everyone! I'm pretty new to this forum but i really need your help.

Earlier today i experience 2 different BSOD erros at different times, and for no apparent reason.

I'm not sure what the reason is for either of them since i just reformatted earlier today. I have the dump file for each of the BSODs. It is attached.

Could anyone possibly tell me what the problem could be? Thanks in advance

A:BSODs - (driver is mismanaging system PTEs, page fault in non-paged area)

nothing attached.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-driver-is-mismanaging-system-ptes-page-fault-in-non-paged-area.144785/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,

Monday i reinstalled Windows 7 64 bits Ultimate Edition after receiving new ram and new motherboard
I have installed Windows 7 64 from USB device, and randomly i have BSODs, PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA and IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL , always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. ( Whocrashed says: "This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x705C0)
)"

It occurs very rarely, not only when i am playing or using programs that use many ressources, It is very random.

I ran:

Memtest : 17 hours, 8 passes, no errors
OCCT: 1 hours, no error, CPU Overclocked and not overclocked, RAM with 1600 Mhz and 1333 Mhz
Furmark ( for GPU): 1 hours, no problems
chkdsk: Done

I have checked temps° with AIDA64, no problems.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits, full retail.

CPU : AMD Phenom II X3 720
PSU: OCZ ModXstream 500 W
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6850
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2*4 DDR3-1600 CL9

A:Daily BSODs Win7x64, page fault in non paged area and irql not less or equal

You might have to play with the memory voltage or timings a bit, in the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/daily-bsods-win7x64-page-fault-in-non-paged-area-and-irql-not-less-or-equal.173601/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
This is my second post here. Unfortunately, the recent thread became inactive.

I've been experiencing crashes on my desktop of a solid colored screen and looping sound.

It's a blue screen error, I was given solutions like fur mark test and memory tests and they were all fine

Now the crashes became a little more often than before (once a day) and lately showing, instead of a colored solid screen, this (attached) checkered pattern comes,

Can anyone please help me find the root of the problem? Is it a hardware problem, just tell me what to do and I'll provide you with info with the best of my abilities

Thanks in advance

A:Graphic card problem? Repeated crash?

If it isn't overclock check the temps it may be overheating

if that is the case you might need to re apply thermal paste or send it in for it to be replaced

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313876-graphic-card-problem-repeated-crash.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For christmas this year i recieved a brand new ATI Radeon X1300 PRO, which i have just installed in my pc. It installed ok, and then i restarted the computer, and now every time i logon, and the ATI Catlyst program activates (makes the screen refresh) i get a blue screen of death stating that the file 'system32k.sys' has caused the problem.

I used to have a very similar problem when i used my onboard graphics before christmas, but this happened when i tried to play any games which use Direct x, and it would say that my graphics had 0MB memory, when it actually had 64MB.

Has anyone got any ideas???
Thanks
Aaron Trout

Relevancy 48.59%

I m trying to run Sid Meier s Pirates Just got a GeForce OC MB PCI for my Dimension desktop GHz Pentium MB RAM Card seems to have installed fine but the game freezes within the first minute of being opened Usually Windows then reports that v card's or fault? game's disp dll got trapped in an infinite loop although sometimes the game crashes even earlier than that Un- and reinstalled card's or game's fault? game Un- and reinstalled card drivers Got updated drivers from nvidia -- I looked for which I saw recommended in another thread here but I couldn t find it so I just took the newest stuff How can I start trying to track down what the problem is Are there other graphics-intensive things other than games that would provide an adequate challenge Pirates ran better on the old card an Intel integrated thing that came with the computer but by quot better quot all I mean is that it tended to last longer before crashing nbsp

A:card's or game's fault?

It could be related to a number of things, such as heat, power loss, too many system resources being used, other system parts bottlenecking or the game being too high a setting or a combination of them.

To check if its PSU/Temp problem:
Since you got a new vid card, generaly, thats going to eat much more power out of the PSU than the integrated. And seeing as you got a prebuilt machine, guesses are you got a cheap PSU with it, or one that no longer meets your requirements. We'll deal with the Heat issue first:
-does your pc feel hot?
-does your fans sound like they're spinning faster than they should?
-have you cleaned out the dust in it with a can/source of compressed air recently?
If you haven't cleaned it out, then do so, but anyways, download Everest Home or Speedfan, and post the temps here. All of them. Be sure to include a reading of when the pc is idle and when you play say, 5 minutes into the game.

Power:
3 things you need to check, and post here: the PSU (open the pc case up, and there should be an info sticker on the side, post everything - rails, amps, watts, model, brand)
-then check using a calculator such as this and input your system specs into it, to determine your minimum power needs, then add 30-50watts ontop of that for headroom.
-If you have trouble completeing that last step, or you dont have a clue whats there to fill in blanks, then you can use Everest Home to help you.
-In everest or speedfan, post us the voltages as well, and likewise post results while idle and while runing something intensive for a few minutes.
The ram is advisable to be increased (to 1GB if possible) but from what you said these two (psu and/or heat) are probably the most likely things, so we'll start from there, and work our way down the list. Oh yeh, some indication on what your pc is like would be nice, such as system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cards-or-games-fault.55185/
Relevancy 48.16%

System AMD Win XP SP Motorola SB Cable Modem NetgearWGT Realtek RTL Ethernet card Blueyonder ISP My wireless internet down Realtek - card w'less fault? network at connection WAS working fine Then due to a temporarily faulty connection I disconnected the network amp connected the cable modem direct to the computer That connection still works fine But I haven t been able to restore the wireless network Now - when I connect the network - router to card amp modem - the Realtek card no longer registers on Network Connections OR on Belarc Advisor OR on Device Manager - so the XP troubleshooter gets me nowhere I think the card DID register on at least previous occasions when the network has been disconnected However there IS a light on the Realtek card at the back of computer when connected to the router And the router seems to be working ok when connected - w'less network down - Realtek card at fault? Wireless Internet Port quot quot lights all on But quot ipconfig quot from command prompt gets no result So what do I do to get my Realtek card registering amp network working again Probably v elementary but I can t figure it Many thx for any help nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

my son's monitor does not work, when It's switched on the green light comes on but then quickly goes to amber. have checked the cable with another computer and it's working ok.
could this be caused by a computer fault ? if so, what and how do I fix it?
appreciate any suggestions.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Sony Wireless Solved: Fault? card Possible Viao laptop with WinXp SP which is now years old We are currently renting a holiday home in the USA which has an unsecured network We have two other laptops and they are connected no problem This morning my Sony worked fine on email and web access but I Solved: Possible Wireless card Fault? was having trouble on FTP Solved: Possible Wireless card Fault? Then email stopped Solved: Possible Wireless card Fault? and then web I have tried all the usual solutions Delete the Network restart etc etc It clearly show the network and also another secured network I cannot access When I connect it shows quot Acquiring network address quot then just hangs If I press repair it hangs on quot Renewing your IP address quot Questions Does the fact that it can see the networks and when I quot ping quot it seems to be OK mean that it CANNOT be a hardware fault I ask this partly because the WLAN switch at the front often does not seem to work when it does work it is green and currently it IS green I need a wireless USB adaptor anyway so if I buy one and just turn off the WLAN switch at the front can I try to connect via that or are there implications if I do that All suggestions gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys I ve just upgraded graphics card and I get quot No signal quot every time I boot card Graphics install fault the system using the HDMI port on the card The same monitor worked fine with my previous card and I tried a second monitor with Graphics card install fault no success So I know it isn t a fault of the monitor I should also mention that this same card which won t display was also in a pc which I had to return however I think that Graphics card install fault may have been down to hardware in that pc as it wouldn t boot Is it possible that a fault in the other pc has rendered it useless in my new pc And I did remove the drivers for the card before The card giving me the problem is a vtx d radeon The card I replaced with was a Radeon worked fine PC specs Windows bit AMD processor GB RAM TB HDD Not sure about motherboard All help appreciated I m just not sure what to do if I can t see anything Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Graphics card install fault

I would test the card in a known good PC. Then you will know for sure if you have a PC or video card issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-install-fault.1083359/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Hope you can help I have a custom built Dell desktop from - Card - correct Graphics diagnosis? Fault so fairly old but has been fine until recently Running -bit Vista with the following -Dimension intel viiv technology core duo e - ghz mhz fsb - memory dual channel mb x mhz ddr - hard drive gb x gb serial ata rpm dual hdd Graphics Card Fault - correct diagnosis? config Raid stripe - video card mb nvidia geforce gts Also have in card reader dvd reader dvd rw and soundblaster x-fi xtreme but assume none of these are linked to the issue Last week the screen went black then recovered immediately displaying error message Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered It did this a couple more times the same day but always recovered immediately Since then the PC has been mostly unusable - it does boot up as I can hear the windows jingle when Vista loads but my monitor stays in power save mode apparently getting no signal from the graphics card The fan on the graphics card has been loud during boot up for as long as I can remember but goes quieter but still spin normally after a minute or so now it stays loud like it s on overdrive I ve checked the monitor and power cables dusted cleaned the memory and graphics card including fan connecting pins etc with a bit of rubbing alcohol to get most lf the dust off Everything inside looks to be in order Also tried using the nd monitor port on the graphics card removed the memory and got motherboard bleeps so I know that s ok My only monitor outputs are from the video card - i don t have one from the motherboard or anywhere else to try and bypass the video card Since then it has been usable only twice st chance I could log on I googled the error code and found some updated drivers for the graphics card on the geforce site released this year Also had some outstanding recent Vista security updates Installed all these but it required a reboot to finish installation rebooted but no image again on monitor afterwards Today on the nd or rd attempt of booting I had an image on the monitor so logged on took a while to recalibrate screen resolution etc following the video driver update but the whole machine froze while I tested it watching a youtube video so had to restart Again it booted ok got the vista jingle but no image Pressing F to enter safemode doesn t make any difference I googled nvlddmkm issues and seems there loads of varied potential causes including software and hardware problems I hadn t installed anything in the days leading up to the error hadn t done a windows update or changed drivers etc prior to this issue which suggests maybe the card itself is dying Does this sound like a fair diagnosis Not sure what my options are - I can get a refurbished nvidia geforce gts identical to mine off ebay for about but don t want to throw money at it if it s unlikely to be the card causing the issue Also not sure what other video cards will fit my case motherboard or if it s worth bothering to look for an alternative model when the rest of my hardware is so old anyway Any advice would be much appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-fault-correct-diagnosis.1158351/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there, I have an Asus F50SF with an Intel wireless NIC. I am running Vista Business x64. It originally came with Vista Home Premium x86 but I switched it to x64 because it came with 4GB of RAM.

I have noticed that I am having issues reconnecting after I wake the laptop from sleep mode. In order to fix the problem I have to disable and re-enable wireless NIC. I have this issue at home and at school with my school's wireless network.

I have already set the card to not be shut off to save power. I also updated the driver to the latest version

Any suggestions will be good as to what is the issue.

A:Laptop Wireless Card Fault after wake up

Not sure what setting you changed, but make sure both places prevent the adapter from shutting down.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/270881-laptop-wireless-card-fault-after-wake-up.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone I have just been told today that my credit card has been hacked and made fraudulent purchases yesterday online Although the bank say the staff is investigating what happened to my card they mentioned that the credit card info was probably stolen from a website I visited that had been compromised or from my browser if I have a virus I have Avaast Internet Security up to date that I never close and it didn't report any infection I was told however that I should double check with this community in case the antivirus missed something I have not noticed any suspicious activities pop-ups any delays in processing or basically any changes from my usual activity The hacking is taking me entirely by surprise I do order online but in the past month only from Amazon and Sephora websites I'd much appreciate another opinion on my computer's safety from your end before I set up the information of a new credit fault? Card Credit - virus at hacked online card anywhere Many thanks nbsp Addition txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp bytes nbsp nbsp downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630691/credit-card-hacked-online-virus-at-fault/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Please can someone help me.

A friend of mine has sent me a photo of his laptop (as attached). Does anyone know if this is the screen that is broken or could it be something else maybe, like the Graphics Card.

The only information that he has been able to give me is, that his daughter was using Google and then this happened.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Misfit

Relevancy 47.3%

So while I'm in the middle of enjoying my library of games, like TF2, WoW, and TES 5: Skyrim, my screen flickers and an error notification pops up, saying my graphics card recovered from an error, several times and then my computer bluescreens and does a physical memory dump cycle before restarting

There's also an array of artifacts (or "ghosts", as my circle of friends have started calling them) that keep flickering all around the screen, which has been going on for awhile, but i've just been ignoring it as a mild inconvenience up until now.

Do I need to get a new graphics card before this is fixed, or is something else the problem?

A:BSOD while playing games, possible graphics card fault?

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
This BSOD is pointing Towards your GFX Drivers, try updating them and removing catalyst control center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/345420-bsod-while-playing-games-possible-graphics-card-fault.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi just fitted a new card to a machine and when booting it's going black screen for 10 seconds then BSOD. Taken it out, logged in, ran two different driver sweepers removed every display driver, uninstalled all related programs, shut down. Put card back in, exactly the same.

Any ideas?

A:Just installed new card, getting page fault in non paged area BSOD

Zip attached of the most recent two DMP files..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/280217-just-installed-new-card-getting-page-fault-non-paged-area-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Thinkpad x200, Win 7pro 32bit, everything works exept:
The SD card reader which is listed in device manager as

RICOH R5U880FlashMedia USB Device

Have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, installed latest lenovo software, and when a card is inserted the little green light blinks and it shows up as Removable Disk (D: ) but doesn't recognise the card, even when I double click it. I've tried 3 different cards.

So, the computer knows when a card has been inserted but fails to recognise/read the contents.

It shows up as;

Devices with removable storage (1), when double clicked a small window pops up asking for a disk to be inserted.

Any ideas on how to fix this card reader ?

A:Solved: Thinkpad x200 SD media card reader fault

It's an issue with faulty/worn SD cards. Got one to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-thinkpad-x200-sd-media-card-reader-fault.1150623/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all A couple of weeks ago Management video card Memory Page and after Fault installation I upgraded video cards from a Galaxy GeForce that I had put in my custom built from a previous Dell to a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Everything worked fine at first but shortly after installing it i've started Page Fault and Memory Management after video card installation to get page fault in nonpaged area and memory management BSOD's and i'm not sure if that has anything to do with the new graphics card or if that is just a coincidence I tried switching out the RAM to different slots and even did a clean install with Windows but i'm still getting blue screened at random points sometimes i'll be able to get on and play World of Warcraft or whatever else for hours and be completely fine and other times it will blue screen after just minutes of surfing the web I've also tried reinstalling the video drivers and motherboard drivers I'm currently running Memtest on it and hopefully i'll see if it's a problem with the memory or not but any other advice would be appreciated and if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do so i can post the dump files if it blue screens again Thanks Hardware CPU AMD Phenom II Black Edition Motherboard ASUS M A TD EVO Video Card EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX PSU Thermaltake TR W RAM Sector GB DDR x GB Manufacturer is Patriot

A:Page Fault and Memory Management after video card installation

Test this video card with OCCT
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html
Did you update to the latest drivers from Nvidia?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177790-page-fault-memory-management-after-video-card-installation.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Please help. I have Dell D630 Laptop, was Vista, then 7, ( has been running Win 10 successfully on Wireless) Started showing problems on boot-up, but always got started using the network troubleshooter. Then Total failure. I've re-installed a clean copy of win 7, same disk works sucessfully on another Dell 1545. I've had the w/lan module out, cleaned the connectors with electrolube, but booting-up, doesn't recognise w/lan. How do I go about further troubleshooting. I can do quite a bit but 76 year old silvery. Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391132-dell-d630-laptop-windows-7-wifi-w-lan-network-card-fault.html
Relevancy 43.86%

HI!
I've been researching this issue for a while and cant find any solution. If anyone have any ideas what could be causing please let me know. I will be very thankful for any help, and sorry if there was a similar thread, I must have missed it.

From time to time (maybe every 15-20 minutes) my computer starts making windows error sound. The error sound than sounds like for every 2 seconds for a span of 10 seconds. Every time the sound comes on, a letter "q" instantly is entered like 10 times..So If I am typing this right now and problem comes on, I would have lots of letters "q" to delete. If I play a game or watch a movie though, it seems there are no problem.. I did scan the whole computer for viruses and its clean.

Thanks!

A:Repeated error sound and repeated entrance of letter "Q"

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {41284, 2c691001, ad, fffff70001080000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4a13 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel
Install Service Pack 1:

Code:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;
Service Pack 1 has introduced many security and stability updates for Windows 7, and therefore not installing Service Pack 1 can leave you more vulnerable to malware and crashes.

Install all Important and Optional Windows Updates via Windows Update:

Start > Type: Windows Update > Install Updates/Scan for Updates

Remove Daemon Tools Lite:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite
Daemon Tools is a common cause of BSODs within Windows 7, and as a result it is highly recommended you remove this program.

Run full scans with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials:Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
MSE has proven to much more stable and been less problematic with Windows 7, make sure the security definitations for both MSE and Malwarebytes are fully updated before scanning.

Please run the following test for your RAM:RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Hard Drive:Disk Check
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate
Scan for corrupted or missing Windows files with:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Please post back your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266931-repeated-error-sound-repeated-entrance-letter-q.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone, for Christmas I got a new graphics card, my previous card was integrated so it is still in my computer. Since I got the card I started to experience little freezed for around a minute, google chrome completely freezes up and macromedia flash plugin keeps crashing(I have now went back to good old firefox!) and I have maybe gotten about 5 or 6 blue screens in the last month, it is really pissing me off and I think that it has something to do with my old integrated graphics card.

The error message is KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. I am on Windows 7 btw

Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys not sure if this belongs in this forum but i just got a blue screen with this error up after trying to connect to a wireless network. going through the event viewer i have the following details

Error code 10000050, parameter1 a50773d0, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 ad0931bb, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 31 30 30 30 30 30 35 1000005
0020: 30 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 0 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 61 35 eters a5
0030: 30 37 37 33 64 30 2c 20 0773d0,
0038: 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 00000000
0040: 2c 20 61 64 30 39 33 31 , ad0931
0048: 62 62 2c 20 30 30 30 30 bb, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000

if anyone can shed some light on what happened id be grateful

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/page-fault-in-nonpaged-area-fault-192721.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello people from Bleeping Computer I've been having a lot of random BSODs these past months first they were just random BSODs that happened here and there while I was playing something system intensive BSODs Maybe Random failing - GFX card? but with time they became more and more constant and annoying to the point I had to ask for help I suspect it may be the graphics card due to it starting failing earlier than the BSODs the HDMI port shows no output but I need to be sure before throwing money on a new card To start I will post a summary of my system from Speccy Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Bloomfield nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P T LGA C Graphics W x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series XFX Pine Group C It's a Random BSODs - Maybe failing GFX card? Storage GB Western Random BSODs - Maybe failing GFX card? Digital WDC WD AVVS- M B ATA Device SATA GB Corsair Force SSD SSD C Boot Random BSODs - Maybe failing GFX card? disk Windows' here GB Seagate ST AS SATA C GB Western Digital WDC WD EARS- Z B SATA C GB Seagate ST DM - F SATA C GB SAMSUNG HD UJ SATA C Optical Drives No optical disk drives detected Audio Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Random BSODs - Maybe failing GFX card?

Please download BlueScreenView. If you download the appropiate zip file you will not need to install the software.

Extract the files and run BlueScreenView.exe

When the program window opens, select Edit > Select All

Then File > Save Selected Items

Save the report as BlueScreen.txt.  Open the file in Notepad and copy & paste all the contents in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525569/random-bsods-maybe-failing-gfx-card/
Relevancy 43.43%

Lazy man's solution to BSODs suspected to have been caused by on-board graphics: cheap graphics card. Still the crashes.

A:New Graphics Card But No Relief From BSODs

Can you please post the specs of the new graphics card, to make sure the drivers are upto date.

I Dont have access to WinDB at the moment, so i cant check the DMP Files.

Just troubleshooting off the top of my head.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367927-new-graphics-card-but-no-relief-bsods.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Been having BSODs which I strongly suspect to be from a failing graphics card but I figured I would check with the pros before declaring it a dud OS - Windows Ultimate -bit First installed Windows XP SP then immediately upgraded to I built the computer myself so these are retail versions All hardware months old I have reinstalled the OS as recently as weeks ago I used to get a lot of BSODing with errors such as IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION PFN LIST CORRUPT win k sys blue screens with no descriptions and once a freaky error where instead of booting my computer flashed a bunch of random pixels on the screen and produced a consistent POST noise turned out to be a one-time thing to I think BSODs related are that graphics card so I was able to reformat and reinstall windows out of confusion terror The BSODs first began after playing Skyrim for a long period so my card was definitely under stress Reinstalling windows apparently worked for weeks until today when Mr BSOD showed up again after cranking up my display settings a little bit in Skyrim CPU - AMD Phenom II x Black Edition GHz Video Card - Galaxy GeForce GTX MB using most recent drivers MotherBoard - ASUS M A TD-M EVO w integrated ATI Radeon HD Power Supply - Rosewill Stallion RD - SB W ATX V v recommended for is W NOTE - I took out the which was giving me problems and am currently using the integrated graphics thus BSODs that I think are related to graphics card all of these tests will be with the radeon I can BSODs that I think are related to graphics card certainly try to hook up the again and rerun the tests if they don't provide sufficient info

A:BSODs that I think are related to graphics card

Hi -

I don't see video as a cause of this particular BSOD.

It appears memory related.

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

I see USB mouse & kb - any USB storage devices?

Readyboost listed as probable cause; however, it could have loaded because of the mouse/ kb.

Did you have any trouble with XP or W7 installs?

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-that-i-think-are-related-to-graphics-card-615232.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I normally don't want to bother the community with this crap, but I'm at wits end. I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment, but I've attached the Minidumps and a shortened log from MSI Afterburner showing a sudden spike of crazy from the primary video card when my system crashes. Computer BSODs anywhere between instantly and ten minutes later after loading a 3D Game (DDO, Rift, etx).

I'll give more info when I get back!

Video Cards: Sapphire RadeonHD 4670s x2 (Crossfire)
RAM: 2gb x4

Vid Card Driver: Catalyst 11.9, Driver Swept old drives before update

Misc: Dusted, not overheating, Had computer for 2-3 years and the issue hadn't occured until recently, but no changes have been made. (to my knowledge)

Thanks in advance all, anyone who can figure this out gets a cookie! And if any more info is needed, do ask!

A:Video Card Crashing, BSODs

Code:
RTCore64.sys Wed May 25 02:39:12 2005 (42941D90)
First things first. Remove MSI Afterburner. It is known to cause problems with Windows 7

Next, update your OS to SP1

The majority of your crashes are blaming your video card driver. This could mean a couple things

A) Corrupt drivers
B) Bad video card
C) Bad motherboard
D) Bad RAM

I see that you are using two video cards. Have you tried just running with one and seeing if the crashes continue?

To rule out bad system RAM please run Memtest:
Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...memtest86.html

Start at the top and work your way down testing after each and report back results.
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Wed Oct 12 14:24:32.326 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:16:33.230
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+ec275 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000094 - {EXCEPTION} Integer division by zero.
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000094 - {EXCEPTION} Integer division by zero.
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_atikmdag+ec275
BiosReleaseDate = 08/29/2008
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2660
CurrentSpeed: 2666
Debug session time: Wed Oct 12 13:55:37.529 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:23.433
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
Debug session time: Wed Oct 12 11:10:32.546 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:48:53.450
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeSetEvent+16 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KeSetEvent+16
Debug session time: Wed Oct 12 01:16:16.067 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:28:32.971
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+e8db5 )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_atikmdag+e8db5
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName =
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2660
CurrentSpeed: 2666
Debug session time: Wed Oct 12 00:46:23.386 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:50:53.290
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+e8db5 )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_atikmdag+e8db5
SystemManufacturer =
SystemProductName = ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/video-card-crashing-bsods-605946.html
Relevancy 43%

Quote Hi Guys First post sorry about the quotes but otherwise i lose all the text formatting Getting regular bsods whilst using a card reader HPDesktop BSODs using USB card whilst with reader in conjunction with HP desktops Same issue on multiple machines all the same build OS is windows XP Model is HP DC XU PROCESSOR INTEL CORE DUO CPU E GHZ No issue with Dell Desktops or HP Laptops I ran the minidump through an analyser and got the following ADDITIONAL DEBUG TEXT Quote Use ' findthebuild' command to search for the target build information If the build information is available run ' findthebuild -s reload' to set symbol path and load symbols MODULE NAME nt FAULTING MODULE d nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP bd e e POOL ADDRESS b BUGCHECK STR xc CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from BSODs whilst using USB card reader with HPDesktop b to f f STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong a c c c b c cd nt x f a c cac b f b a c cc nt x a c cbc b d af b a c ce b d e nt x f a c cc b d e b d e BSODs whilst using USB card reader with HPDesktop b Ntfs x af a c ce b d e b Ntfs x a c cfc b d b Ntfs x a c d c d Ntfs x a a c dac cff nt x d a c ddc e ae nt xf f nt x f e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt f f f d pop ebp SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt f FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe BUCKET ID WRONG SYMBOLS Followup MachineOwner --------- Any ideas

A:BSODs whilst using USB card reader with HPDesktop

Please provide this info from one of the affected systems: BSOD + other problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-whilst-using-usb-card-reader-with-hpdesktop-586127.html