Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

Q: Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 73.96%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 68.37%

Same Connected connect to to router, internet can't wifi wifi network works on my laptop but not my desktop Running the troubleshooter on my desktop Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet comes up with no errors My ipconfig all is below Thanks in advance Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TARDIS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address B -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -C -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DB-C - B- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d b b d a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Saturday November PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EE- F-B -C - - -E - D-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R V Gigabit Network Connectio n Physical Address C - - -E - D-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - B - A D- B A F CA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E B A - BAD- CD-B - FAE AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cbc b ea Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap BA C C- C - E-B - D D D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E - A F- - C- FBF D AD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Mike gt

A:Connected to wifi router, can't connect to internet

According to this you should have a connection so something may be blocking the connection like an Anti Virus software.

Does it show up as connected but the browsers won't go anywhere? If so I have something for that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262213-connected-wifi-router-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i've had a wifi network set up at my house for several months now and no problems if i couldn't connect i always just unplugged the router for seconds and was able to connect well suddenly today i can't connect to the internet but my wifi network appears to be fine it's says i have excellent signal strengh and that i'm connected but i can't connect to the internet when i go to the program that came with the router and hit quot repair quot it says that i AM connected to the network but that my internet connection is broken what UP with that i don't get it can someone please advise on what to do i tried using connected can't to internet..??? connect but network, to wifi another device to see if i could connect with internet my ipod touch and it also said that i was connected to the wifi network yet it could not connect with the internet it never had a popup that said anything it acted like it was trying to connect but just never did i'm puzzled during the day while i was at work my roommate connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? was going to use the laptop when she couldn't connect she did the unplug for sec thing whent that didn't work she unplugged the two cables from the back of the router and plugged them back in is it possible that she plugged them into the wrong place would that be the problem i am not at home right connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..??? now so i can't check but will try to fix this when i get home tomorrow not sure what i need to do signed frustrated

A:connected to wifi network, but can't connect to internet..???

Willing to bet you are using a third party firewall / antivirus application.
Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153584-connected-wifi-network-but-cant-connect-internet.html
Relevancy 68.37%

i just bought a dell xt2 on ebay it came with windows 8 pro. my problem is that it goes into limited connection every ten minutes, even when i am next to the router. the error i get when i trouble shoot is the Default gateway is not avaible. let me know if you need any more info.<br>

A:Wifi on my dell xt2 goes from connected to limited connect

update.
my home router is verizon i think the security is wpa personal.

no issues on my school's network, and my hotspot which uses wpa2 (might be one) it foxfi. th

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/20244-wifi-my-dell-xt2-goes-connected-limited-connect.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

when I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

A:Can't Connect wifi w/internet when connected to RJ45 to another Router (x64)

Originally Posted by notech

I have never run into this before.

I have a dsl modem/gateway (actiontec) which i use to connect to the internet

I connected a Linksys WRT54G v.4 router to my laptop thru RJ45, WITH wifi disabled on the router, I lose connectivity to the internet on the wifi connection.

I'm used to XP with independent connectoids. Looking at the properties on each connection, they appear to be correct.

Has anyone run into this on Vista?

I thought surely by disco'g the wifi on the Linksys Router it should just be a standard wired connection.

both routers are setup for DHCP. Is that what's confusing Vista?

weird. appreciate any help. I am so out of troubleshooting ideas.

can you just run through your post again, you seem to be saying that you have disabled your wireless on your router and you lose connection on the wireless connection on your computer.
you will, because you disabled it.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208242-cant-connect-wifi-w-internet-when-connected-rj45-another-router-x64.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Please help I know very little about computers Please excuse me if I explain things wrong and use incorrect terminology I hadn t used my laptop for a while and yesterday it didn t come on when I tried to turn it on I ended up taking out the battery then holding down the power button for seconds The laptop worked fine after that and I was able to access the Internet When I went to shut it down it said that it had updates to install so I told it to install the updates and shut off when it was done When I started it up today it seemed slow to get to the Toshiba screen It looked liked it was still installing updates which I found odd because it had shut itself down yesterday after installing all of them I thought I shut it down again after the updates or whatever that was had completed and I was able to access one site very briefly However now I can t access the Internet at all The Internet Explorer page comes up for a few seconds and then closes again to the Toshiba page When I check my connection it says that the Wifi is connected I can t figure out why I can t access the Internet Please help Edited to add that I it's to the won't My connected Toshiba even though laptop Wifi Internet connect to m using Windows Also My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi I just tried to scan with Norton but the scan won t work nbsp

A:My Toshiba laptop won't connect to the Internet even though it's connected to Wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-toshiba-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-its-connected-to-wifi.1138598/
Relevancy 67.51%

hello,

I am newbie in such things. My internet was working over wifi (router Netgear 150), but suddenly it stopped working. Wifi is working as my smart phone and other laptop is working properly on it.

However My Sony Vaio though connected to wifi, apps like IDM, IE, google chrom nor firefox connets to internet. I remember that I has installed youtube downloader and uninstalled it quickly. It downloaded some additional apps like shopping pro, g-force and I uninstalled that too. but none of my app connescts to internet.

Please help. I checked for proxies, but it is connected directly and disabled firewall as well. but still it is not working.

Relevancy 67.51%

Windows user with my card will wifi connect ethernet no longer connected; recommended Windows updates up wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect to date except as removed by system restore mentioned below Samsung NP P C laptop Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller A couple of weeks ago I noticed that I no longer had a wired connection on my laptop only the wifi For ages I've run with both connected wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect it prioritized the wire and I never had a problem but the wired connection dropped out and will not come back to life even if I disconnect from the wifi I spent a lot of time over the past few days doing online research didn't want to get too aggressive but here is what I have tried Give the ethernet card's MAC address a static IP on the gateway Actiontec router provided by Verizon Attempt to configure the IPv properties on the ethernet card to use the right default gateway and mask these have gone south as you'll see in my ipconfig dump below ipconfig release and renew - renew never completed New cable that was my first try New driver Fell back to old driver System Restore back to the beginning of the month The router is also new Verizon sent me a new one which I installed at the beginning of this week No improvement I have to admit that I didn't dig deep into these settings while using the old router because it was also dropping wifi a couple of times a day and so I thought it was just failing At first it would not recognize the cable but then I read somewhere to adjust the speed and duplex from Auto detect to just anything else in the list to see if one worked and when I chose gbps and full duplex the adapter woke up and I could see the light on the router come on for the connected port However it doesn't recognize the network how disloyal it's been using it for years I can now also see the computer listed on the router's page of network connections However the computer thinks this is an unknown public network with no connectivity Here is my ipconfig dump I made some notes in red and the bolded items strike me as WRONG Windows IP Configuration Host Name CarolineSamsung Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain actdsltmp Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection do not know what this is Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection I have a bluetooth device I sometimes use maybe this is that Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet HERE IS MY PROBLEM CHILD Connection-specific DNS Suffix should be something here yes Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -B -C - - C-AA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f a e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi working rock solid so far Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain actdsltmp Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N Physical Address C - - -E -C -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f e c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday June PM Lease Expires Thursday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- -A -C -C - - -E -C -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap C BEA-B B- -AF - D B C FE don't know what these tunnel things are Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adap... Read more

A:wifi connected; ethernet card will no longer connect

Most likely you screwed something up either on the IP for the Ethernet card on your computer, or did it on your Gateway. Check out ezlan.net for further info how to do what you want to do.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67805-wifi-connected-ethernet-card-will-no-longer-connect.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 56.76%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 56.76%

I was at a home today and connected to their private home network on a Surface Pro 4. This showed their network as Connected. However, the internet kept going to a local open BT network instead! I couldn't select this open network anywhere to exclude it. Thinking about it now, I should have disabled/reenabled Wifi first, and then tried a reboot after that. But otherwise, is there any hidden setting to ignore certain networks?

A:Using 'open' access Wifi point instead of connected private wifi.

Hello and welcome to the TenForums

If the home where you were had a BT hub then it most probably was offering both an open connection also known as BT Wifi or BT Fon and also a secured wifi connection which would have an SSID number with a BThub name with some random numbers and letters. It is possible that you connected to the open one and were then automatically directed to a BT broadband page on the internet to pay for use of the BT hotspot service that they provide via customers routers. See this article for more info: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...fi-with-fon%3F

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47484-using-open-access-wifi-point-instead-connected-private-wifi.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Wifi not connected and wifi button stay orange what I do tu resolve this problem... im so ............ plz help I try many mathods but they didn't work .........I need my wifi back....

A:wifi button light stay.orange and wifi.not connected

And I have HP 1000 notebook PC......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-button-light-stay-orange-and-wifi-not-connected/td-p/5609896
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, wifi is not connected properly. Network connection list is visible but try connect means,thrown error as unable to connect. After troubleshooting i am getting the below error message "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point".  Please suggest me to resolve the issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-connected-after-installed-ralink-wifi-adaptor/td-p/5677670
Relevancy 55.9%

This is the exact opposite of most WiFi issues. I have two guest networks set up on my wireless router (Asus RT-68U), one for each of my daughters. I change the password daily in order to make them earn the password with chores after school. My older daughter's T450 refuses to stop connecting to the WiFi, even persisting through reboots. MAC address filtering fails, as does turning off internet access to her MAC/IP combination. After changing the password or enabling one of the more strict rules, eventually, randomly, her laptop will finally decide to stop accessing her WiFi connection. I am fairly certain it is something with the Lenovo as I have two other laptops, one Asus and one HP that both respond as I would expect to a WiFi password change. Any ideas as to why this happens with the Lenovo?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-staying-connected-after-changing-WiFi-password/td-p/3418206
Relevancy 55.9%

hello,

iam using windows 7 professional 32 bit. my laptop is hp elitebook 2560. my laptop is capturing signal, i am able to connect to internet also. But in wifi icon,on wifi bar cross mark is showing up.

A:wifi signal bars not showing but connected to wifi

Do you have another user account on this computer? Are you able to see the Network indicator in the notification toolbar on that account? Follow the steps in this documentto create a new user account. If you do find that the icon is in the notification taskbar, you may also use those steps to recover from a corrupted user profile.
Let us know if this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366004-wifi-signal-bars-not-showing-but-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi
To clarify, my laptop Lenovo Y510p is able to connect wifi by it self, but it's wireless card is 802.11n, it only can use 2.4 ghz. So i decide to add a wifi adapter D-link DWA 160,  with updated driver. And every time i use the adapter to wifi, it disable
itself from laptop, also a lot of time it disconnect even i was not using it. when i open the change adapter setting, the adapter go 1) attempting to authenticate 2)enable 3) disable 4) gone for 1 second and back to attempting to authenticate again. The entire
process only need 5 second. And i want it to stop doing that.Please Help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f95bd229-2e72-47f2-a60d-52d21b026872/wifi-adapter-keep-disconnecting-when-connected-to-wifi?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 51.6%

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

A:Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 51.6%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 50.74%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 50.31%

The system tray says the wifi is not connected, but in the connections list, it shows it is connected to our wifi.  The internet works as far as i can tell.

Ive ran a couple different antivirus scans, a registry cleaner, and have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and nothing works.

Any ideas?

A:Wifi not connected/connected

Just as a note, the use of registry cleaners is strongly not advised by anybody on BC.

Since the connections list shows it as connected and your internet connection is working I would put it down as just 'one of those things' and stop worrying about it. At the end of the day what matters is that you can and do connect, not what various indicators show. You have taken all reasonable steps - with the exception of the registry cleaner - and everything apart from the indicator shows the system is working.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586859/wifi-not-connectedconnected/
Relevancy 49.88%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 49.45%

Okay so I hope I am posting this its connected... says Wifi in the right place Recently we got a new dsl modem wireless router combo from Verizon an Actiontec GT WG All other devices in my house have switched over just fine and work without issues another laptop desktop game consoles ipad cell phones etc except my laptop It connects to the wireless network no problem but randomly it will stop loading pages It says it is still connected with full bars with local and internet access but web pages will just quot load forever quot without ever changing Sometimes I ll get Wifi says its connected... a message saying the server timed out The only way to fix this is to reset my wireless network adapter which is a temporary fix I already made sure that my wireless card drivers were up to date and tried to power cycle the router but this hasn t worked I m fresh out of ideas now and this is super frustrating Asus G vt with Vista home bit Thanks

A:Wifi says its connected...

Recently we got a new dsl modem/wireless router combo from Verizon, an Actiontec GT704WG.Hi -Have you contacted Verison yet ? What was their answer to this situation ?If they supply the setup, they will offer some support for this -Regards -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455170/wifi-says-its-connected/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have Hcl notebook, its model is cdp T21. I have enabled and updated the wifi adaptor i.e., Atheros wifi adaptor, but I cannot connect wifi to my laptop. For what reason I cannot connect.

A:Wifi is not connected

Welcome to Seven Forums!

A couple quick things:
Does it work if you connect straight to your modem/router?
Can you make sure your FN + Wifi button is pressed?

Other than that, please post the information located in this thread: Basic Requirements Before Posting your Networking Thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/315604-wifi-not-connected.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop is not connecting to a broadband or a home wifiwifi and my mobile and other devices are connected from this wifi and when i turn on my mobile hotspot then it will easily connected to this. What should i do to connect my laptop from this hidden network.Piyush

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-wifi/td-p/5641548
Relevancy 49.45%

Since I've had my laptop the wifi has been fine but thus morning the laptop would not recognise my broadband (BT hub ) . It would not even list it on connections . The wifi worked fine in my phone and iPad . I then tried using a portable hotspot so that my computer could use the internet, however my laptop still didn't see any wifi connections at all . I'm certain both my wifi and hotspot are not faulty. How can I reconnect to my wifi as I need it back as soon as possible?

A:Wifi not connected

Hi, how do you do my friend ? Please, firstly update all drivers, bios and firmware with hp support assistant:http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html#.V7xlAjb6uM8  I hope that helps !I would give a great kindness ...If the question is clarified, mark my answer as "resolved" and click on the icon of the "hand" to provide "congratulations" in recognition.Have a nice week !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-not-connected/td-p/5736411
Relevancy 49.45%

My PC is set up to use LAN as 1st priority, and WAN as secondary. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I see the WiFi still shows "connected" to my wireless router.

I'm considering ChromeCast to stream website video from my PC to TV.

My question is this: Will the WiFi still work and send signal for ChromeCast, even if I have my LAN cable connected, or must I switch the PC's connection priority from LAN to WAN?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

PS: Any additional comments about using ChromeCast would be appreciated. So many conflicting reviews...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400172-can-i-still-use-wifi-while-connected-lan.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My PC is set up to use LAN as 1st priority, and WAN as secondary. I'm using an Ethernet connection, but I see the WiFi still shows "connected" to my wireless router.

I'm considering ChromeCast to stream website video from my PC to TV.

My question is this: Will the WiFi still work and send signal for ChromeCast, even if I have my LAN cable connected, or must I switch the PC's connection priority from LAN to WAN?

Thank you.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

PS: Any additional comments about using ChromeCast would be appreciated. So many conflicting reviews...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400172-can-i-still-use-wifi-while-connected-lan.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am far from computer savvy, but I know basic things. Here is my issue...
My HP pavillion dv6000 (yes it's old, I know) wont allow me to use the Internet. It says I am connected to my home wifi with 5 bars signal strength. My iPad and Droid both connect to my wifi and I can use the Internet fine. I actually have 2 Hp pavillion dv6000 laptops, and neither will connect to the Internet! Up until today everything worked fine and all of a sudden I can't open the intent on either one! I called Hp and they were no help. I have read other posts about people having similar problems, and tried the solutions suggested but nothing has worked! I need my laptop only because my wonderful iPad can't do everything I wish it could.

Help!? Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 49.02%

cable internet works fine, but wifi suddenly stopped working. this was right after it showed a sudden boost in connection quality (from average to good). i didnt change anything, it just stopped suddenly. but on the mobile devices (android) wifi is shown as connected, and good connection quality, but there is no connection. sometimes it works after reconnecting, but only shortly, 1-30 min. neighbours use the same isp but they have no problems.
this is the modem: Ubee EVW320b Wi-Fi modem

what i already tried but didnt fix it:
* changing channels, every channel on 2,4 ghz
* using 5ghz instead of 2,4ghz
* using wifi on other devices (android mobiles)
* i checked with neighbours for interfering cables or devices but they didnt have any new equipment
* reconnecting power cable from modem
* there are no interrupting devices nearby like babyfoons
* using wifi very close to modem, no difference

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey there This is my first post on this forum I hope that I can get some help here Anyways here is the issue that my roommates and I are experiencing with our internet Recently starting just a few weeks ago our internet began acting a bit strange for all of us We are able to constantly stay connected In our network preferences it says we are always connected to the internet with full bars For the most part we all have perfect to 24/7, wifi Connected and still out. internet in goes and fast internet connection but for some unknown reason every minutes or so sometimes shorter sometimes longer we won t be able to load anything on the internet from a range of about - minutes The strange thing is that even during these periods of time where we are unable to load anything as Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out. if we had no wifi connection all of our devices that we use the internet on said that we all still had a perfect connection Even if we are sitting right next to the router with our laptops this issue will still constantly reoccur as i described earlier What s even weirder is that sometimes things like video games on the pc that run in different clients not the internet browser will be able to maintain internet connection when playing online when the internet stops working for everything else That is definitely what confuses me the most How could a video game maintain internet connection for online play on the same wifi yet none of our other devices are able to load anything We won t even be able to use wifi on our phones during that - minute period but it still says on our phones that we are fully connected to our wifi during that time of us not being able to load anything We ve tried everything that we could think of to fix the issue but non of us are IT experts so that s why I decided to come here to ask for help We ve reset the router countless times moved the router to every other area of the house and even purchased a better router model to boost signal range by a good amount The new router got some of us faster connections but the issue still was not resolved Every minutes or so the internet still will always just stop working even though it says on all of our devices that we are maintaining a strong internet wifi connection I m just at a loss of ideas on what to do We called Comcast our internet provider and they said they ll have one of their people come and check it out but they can t come down until Friday I haven t always had the best results with Comcast employees either Is there any way that we could somehow fix this issue It s just the most frustrating thing and all of us are college students who are constantly using the internet for academics Please if there is any help or advice for us we d appreciate it so much Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Connected to wifi 24/7, internet still goes in and out.

Try assigning a free public DNS server on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-24-7-internet-still-goes-in-and-out.1119204/
Relevancy 49.02%

My printer is connected by wifi, but it says it's not now. I used it yesterday and it was connected, now it says my printer is not connected to my network. I see in the control panel that it is

A:How come the computer say my wifi is not connected?

If the computer sees the printer then it is probably fine but try printing something to be sure.If you unplug the printer, wait a minute, plug it in and press the power on and give it a moment to reconnect to the router, it should be fine after that.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-come-the-computer-say-my-wifi-is-not-connected/2075.html
Relevancy 49.02%

a couple of days ago, wifi stopped working. this was right after it showed a sudden boost in connection quality (from average to good). i didnt change anything, it just stopped suddenly. but on the device wifi is shown as connected, and good connection quality, but internet is not working though. sometimes it works after reconnecting, but only shortly, 1-30 min.

what i already tried:
* changing channels, every channel on 2,4 ghz
* using 5ghz instead of 2,4ghz
* using wifi on other devices
* i checked with neighbours for interfering cables or devices but they didnt have any new equipment
* reconnecting power cable from modem
* there are no interrupting devices nearby like babyfoons
* using wifi very close to modem

Relevancy 49.02%

on a dell studio with vista
Wifi signal strength is excellent
Internet explorer can't connect
I run the diagnostic option but don't understand the results

A:Connected to wifi but can't get to Internet

I'll try to help - please post the results here, cut & paste or a screen print, if not briefly what's it saying.

Vista up to date?

Is your internet cable or other, if so what and what speed if you know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569369/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-to-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.I reinstalled Wifi drivers.I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6b7f486d-e6b3-4610-8284-60ca6768eb16/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone, so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut down and been giving connectivity issues since.
Currently, I can connect to my WIFI router, gain an IP address. however I am getting no internet access.
I
have a virtual machine running on the PC, with windows XP, and this machine does have full internet access.

Problems and resolutions so far:

Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now.
I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt.
I reinstalled Wifi drivers.
I ran the sfc and chkdisk  commands. Check disk resolved some issues.
I did a traceroute and i hit my router, after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping.

Im lost now as everything seems to be up, just I am unable to browse. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Rango.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a65b07b-a072-47cd-bf10-416200f92809/wifi-connected-but-no-internet?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

My wifi is connected, but when I open any browser (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer) It loads and then says I have no internet connection. I've tried troubleshooting, but it tells me everything is fine. The Wifi on our other laptop works fine or for my phone; basically any other device works perfectly fine, except my laptop. I've tried using CMD, going back on my Restore Point and nothing has worked, and if it does it's only for 3-5 minutes, and it gives me the same error that I have no internet connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need my laptop for work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connected-to-Wifi-but-no-internet/td-p/5672747
Relevancy 49.02%

hi all just got a 2nd hand lappy same as my old one can connect to wifi but when i click to go on net will not have it thanks for help

A:connected to wifi but cant get on Internet

Welcome to BC benchwarmer . We need more information as to what computer model and message do you get when connecting online? Have you tried using both wired or wireless? Please run Minitoolbox from this link : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html and include List Installed Programs on your next reply. When running minitoolbox, make sure you have a status of either wired or wireless connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462138/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-on-internet/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone so the other day my PC unexpectedly shut but Internet no connected WIFI down and been giving connectivity issues since Currently I can connect to my WIFI router gain an IP address however I am getting no internet access I have a virtual machine running on the PC with windows XP and this machine does have full internet WIFI connected but no Internet access Problems and resolutions so far Windows firewall and security manager were corrupted and various services did not start however all are up now I reset the TCPIP stack via command prompt I reinstalled Wifi drivers I ran the sfc and chkdisk commands Check disk resolved some issues Netsh winsock reset I did a traceroute and it hit my router after there is a request timeout then it goes to a few addresses before stopping link to SPECCY http speccy piriform com results y pd e pGJbq X I'm lost now as everything seems WIFI connected but no Internet to be up just I am unable to browse Any tips would be greatly appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400309-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I ve got a bit of a puzzler on my hands I m helping a friend recover from years of neglect on a Toshiba Satellite with a Linksys WPC GS PCMCIA wireless card via but Connected not connecting wifi Even after a repair install of Windows XP Home SP and resetting the Connected via wifi but not connecting winsock entries and the TCP IP stack I can t get onto the internet I ve disabled the firewall but still no luck The funny thing is that when I hooked up the system via ethernet there was no problem after I reset winsock and the TCP IP stack Any help would be deeply appreciated And the more detailed instructions the better As follows is the result of ipconfig all Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings MELODY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PRIBESH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC GS V Physical Address - -BF-D - - B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address Default Gateway DNS Servers Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - E- -DB Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings MELODY gt I also noted the following when I tried to run a diagnostic lt selected entries gt Last diagnostic run time WinSock Diagnostic WinSock status info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog A reset is needed info Redirecting user to support call Network Adapter Diagnostic Network location detection info Using home Internet connection Network adapter identification info Network connection Name Wireless Network Connection Device Wireless-G Notebook Adapter WPC GS V MediaType LAN SubMediaType WIRELESS info Network connection Name Local Area Connection Device Intel R PRO VE Network Connection MediaType LAN SubMediaType LAN info Network connection Name Dial-up Connection Device TOSHIBA Software Modem MediaType PHONE SubMediaType NONE info Network connection Name Broadband Connection Device WAN Miniport PPPOE MediaType PPPOE SubMediaType NONE info Both Ethernet and Wireless connections available prompting user for selection action User input required Select network connection info Wireless connection selected Network adapter status info Network connection status Connected HTTP HTTPS FTP Diagnostic HTTP HTTPS FTP connectivity warn HTTP Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTP Error connecting to www hotmail com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn HTTPS Error connecting to www passport net The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Passive Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved warn FTP Active Error connecting to ftp microsoft com The server name or address could not be resolved error Could not make an HTTP connection error Could not make an HTTPS connection error Could not make an FTP connection nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp not Both and Ethernet Wifi connected yellow star on Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Control Panel Networking showing everything working properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Legacy-Laptops-A-I-V/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.02%

A nbsp W Lenovo Thinkpad Windows -bit It has been working until yesterday the first day at southern California - Cox provided a NETGEAR modem router has dual band for WIFI say Band and Band - Tried both bands are Windows are unable to connecto xxx or show as Connected in WIFI list but saied no internet access and a nbsp yellow star on top of WIFI bar in lower right corner - Tried all four combination of WPA -Personal WPA-Personal AES and TKIP - Plugged in wire directly from router while had WIFI turned OFF got currently connect to xxx no internet access Same thing while WIFI is ON nbsp Is the modem router working nbsp Yes all other laptops and wireless devices using the same router modem connected no problem wired or wireless nbsp Brought the laptop to not Ethernet Wifi connected Both and a COX center staffs there are very helpful connected to a diff router repeated the same steps still the same result nbsp We also checked nbsp Device Manager at Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected Control Panel Networking showing everything working Both Ethernet and Wifi not connected properly Even tried disable then enable the corresponding NIC warm-boot cold-boot same nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Both-Ethernet-and-Wifi-not-connected/td-p/3421751
Relevancy 49.02%

This is an ongoing problem that while frustrating usually resolves itself after a bit No so today My laptop connects to our wifi network just fine but when I open google chrome or any other browser it gets stuck Connecting On the bottom of the screen it says Downloading proxy script I can leave it indefinitely and this doesn t change Using ping commands to open a webpage doesn t work Usually restarting the laptop but Connected wifi online to get can't works not usually on the first go but eventually Often the computer takes an exceptionally long time to shut down when this happens The odd time restarting doesn t work but for some reason running Rkill does According to the report there s Connected to wifi but can't get online no malware issues the only thing it really says is Windows Defender Disabled Today nothing is working A few other devices in the house are connected to the same wifi and running fine I frequently use this laptop with a wifi network elsewhere and don t encounter this problem there This may well be a problem that is well beyond my puny computing ability but any suggestions would be very welcome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-cant-get-online.1124962/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I?m new to these forums and am hoping for some enlightenment. My wifi at work will recognize the wireless network and says it?s connected. Yet there is no internet. So I use the Ethernet cable and internet works. My wifi connects immediately on my home wifi router with no issues. I had wireless working flawlessly last week, but all this week it won?t connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you guys want me to do that ipconfig in DOS and post the results here?

A:Wifi has network but not connected.

Welcome to SF, America.

Your card is recognizing the wireless router, but the router is not connected to the Internet (I'm guessing). Unplug the wireless router, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and test.

By the way, you didn't say if other workers could connect to the wireless router and get Internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115049-wifi-has-network-but-not-connected.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a dell 32-bit running Insider Preview and nothing else.
I have an Acer 64-bit running Win 10 Home RTM and nothing else.

In my Dell, I was not able to connect Wifi after installing 14279.
Suggestion was to disable and then re-enable WiFi driver. That did not work. I went back to 14271.

So, I went to my Acer, enabled Get Insider Preview builds.
Today I got the update via Windows Update. After successful install and activated. WiFi was unable to connect.
Used the same suggestion, no avail.

This 14279 is the FIRST time I was unable to connect the WiFi.

It cannot be my computers, because they are of 2 different makes and models.
It cannot be my modem because I never have this problem .......... for 3 years.

The maddening part is............... I don't see any complaints from any forums on the same issue.
So, I can't blame MS either.
Damn !

A:WiFi not connected. It can't be my 2 laptops.

Do you have any device that connects correctly to the router ??

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/44286-wifi-not-connected-cant-my-2-laptops.html
Relevancy 49.02%

OK im sure this is something silly and simple at least I hope it is I have a laptop with wireless I can search for wifi networks like the airport and starbuck find the list of networks available and hit connect and it says conected Then when I open up my Web Browser nothing Page cannot be displayed as tho i have no connection WIFI Internet no but ? to Connected I have tried it with a few different places like the public wifi places and still nothing and even on a private network in my friends house Im sure its a setting or something though I have the automatically detect settings selected in the internet options Its like the computer is connecting to the network but yet its realising that OH I should be using this connection for the Internet Connected to WIFI but no Internet ? Im pretty good at sorting out problems with PCs Windows thou I have no expierence of wireless networks so am totaly lost Hope this makes sense Thanks Paddy nbsp

A:Connected to WIFI but no Internet ?

When you seem to be connected, open a Command window and type
ipconfig /all

Does your wireless show "Yes" for "Dhcp Enabled" and for Autoconfiguration Enabled ? If not, you need to go into your TCP/IP properties and set to 'obtain IP auto' and 'obtain DNS auto.'

If your wireless is showing an IP of 169.254.x.y it did not successfully get an IP configuration from the router or server. Is there a chance that the wrong driver is installed--maybe one for the wrong region of the world (for example, US and Canada use channels 1-11 while most of Europe uses channels 1-13).

If not the above, post the ipconfig here. One way to do so is to type
ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt
This will put the results in the ipconfig text file on your hard drive; you can open it with notepad to copy and paste here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-but-no-internet.438861/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have Dell Vostro I m in Windows Just last month I m experiencing short internet connections about to minutes everytime I turn on or restart it Afterwards it won t connect anymore I went to SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING it wen t fine the connection is fine I browsed fine But after two weeks it stucked similarly to normal mode where everything wont update connect or browse even internet icon shows connected Help me I m using my cannot softwares WiFi all connected but friend s laptop for repairing purposes only I used to follow forum s advice restarting WiFi connected but all softwares cannot drivers using CMD ipconfig flush dns and similar etc My chrome says DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN my IExplorer won t connect my firefox won t connect All softwares won t connect This is my ipconfig all results Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - E- F-C - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b ad b b e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday September PM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - - -BA DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CA D E-E - E - - D F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DD F A- CA- F- - A E D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A D F-E DF- E D-B - AF D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt nbsp

A:WiFi connected but all softwares cannot

Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click "Change Adapter Settings".
Find Network Connection that is used to connect to internet (either "Local Area Connection" or "Wireless Connection"), right-click on it and click Properties.
Now in new windows select "Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)" and click Properties button.
In the new window click the checkbox for "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
Type in 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Click Ok and close the rest of the windows.&#65279;

Let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connected-but-all-softwares-cannot.1132817/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a toshiba laptop that has a toshiba mini pci wifi adapter (internal) and it seems to be able to see the networks available but it can't connect to any with wep keys and when it connects to open networks it says connected and it gives the laptop an ip but I can't browse the net nor can I ping anything. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

My product number: EOK41UA#ABAMy BIOS: F.15-11/05/2013 (0883100022305B00000320100)My network adapter is Intel and driver version is 15.10.3.2

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/I-am-having-same-problem-with-my-wifi-Never-has-connected/td-p/5637462
Relevancy 49.02%

When i was using windows 8.1 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But when i updated to windows 10, I started to experience a lot of problem in wifi. Most of the times the wifi is not getting connected and even when its geting connected it takes a lot of time to load. I have tried connecting my PC with various wifi's, but still am experiencing the same problem. I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.I don't think this is because of the adapter. What should i do? Help me with a solution. Thank you

A:Wifi is not getting connected properly!!

Hi, Please use following instructions to get wireless hardware id's then post back:   http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-getting-connected-properly/td-p/5642807
Relevancy 49.02%

In the Oct 8, 2009 issue of the Windows Secrets newsletter, Fred Langa addressed the question: Who's sneaking onto your Wi-Fi connection?
The article is in the paid edition of the newsletter, so I'm not going to repeat it. However, his advice boils down to using the web interface to check with the router.

More -
Who's connected to your WiFI network? - Computerworld Blogs

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252106-whos-connected-your-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with OS Windows 7, wireless router.
It recently started losing internet connection , few seconds on, then off for 30 seconds or more. Rebooting router did not help.
I restored laptop to a prior date and it seems ok now. Any thoughts if this happens again? Thanks

A:Can't stay connected to wifi

theres quite a lot of things that may have caused the issue , and so its difficult to give a guide here.

it may have been a windows update that caused an issue and the restore has resolved and it will work fine from now on.

if it happens again , then the first think to do , would be to start a new post and detail as much information as possible

make and model of the PC
windows version
are other pcs able to connect to the wireless
and then an ipconfig /all
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-stay-connected-to-wifi.1122918/
Relevancy 49.02%

Can't get laptop to connect. I have a LINKSYS WIRELESS G ROUTER. I have a laptop with LINKSYS adapter card. Can't connect to internet, keep geting message..
YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE ACESS POINT, BUT THE INTERNET CANNOT BE FOUND. I nosed around and discovered in the settings that it keeps saying..CANNOT OBTAIN IP ADDRESS, etc. and the boxes under TCP/IP CONFIG are empty?? Anyone care to take this one on?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all, just got a new labtop with a wireless card and I booted it up and I connected to a wireless network here at my home. It said that there are one or more of the connections available. So i hooked up to one. My question is, I wanted to find out how to see whos network it is as I want to tell them that thier WIFI network is not secure. Any commands I could run ect to see whos it is?
thanks

CUBE

A:Connected to WIFI network who's is it???

Even though you mean no harm just connecting to someone's network is illegal. Yes, I know they aren't being very smart, but if somebody leaves their front door open you can't assume you are welcome to walk in.

Since they set up the network without encryption, they probably know it's unprotected.

Your best bet is to just leave it alone. As you start to learn/use networks you'll soon enough see how you might be able to locate the source of the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-network-whos-is-it.372355/
Relevancy 49.02%

For the last two months my wifi has been dropping randomly and picking back up after a few minutes I use laptop kindle fire ps blu ray player on router conflicting IPs Three days ago I reset my Linksys WRT N router and now cannot get any wifi connection at all only through ethernet no connected,but internet Wifi says connected directly into laptop I ve signed Wifi says connected,but no internet into Lynksys set up page created a domain name Host name and a passphrase I now see newly created network i enter passphrase and says connected but i cannot access the internet I have tried ip release and renew Wifi says connected,but no internet to no avail Also tried running as admin on command prompt and flushing and netsh reset winsock Ip config says media disconnected tunnel adapter local area connection Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users ambie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ambie -pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ANM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - -CF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca aa ba Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Wednesday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a c df d ca Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday February PM Lease Expires Thursday February PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -D -CC- - - E- -D - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ANM Description isatap ANM Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C EACDA- - E A-AE F- CFF B br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d e f febf Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e f febf Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users ambie gt nbsp

A:Wifi says connected,but no internet

after a reset the default for the router would be 192.168.1.1
BUT
you are showing a default gateway connection on your ethernet of 192.168.1.254

Also the wireless adapter is a Atheros AR5007 and under vista , any change in routers or router settings can cause issues

can you explain what you are connected to using the ethernet cable ?

and you should update the wireless driver from the manufacturers website - if that does not work - then from Atheros site

whats the make and model of the PC ?

AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

To install the driver you will need to do the following

Extract the downloaded zip file into a folder on the PC
then

> Start Globe
> Control Panel
> System and maintenance
> Scroll down to Device manager
> network adaptors, click on the + >
> Right click on the AR5007 Adapter
> click on Update Driver Software...
> click on Browse my computer for driver software
> let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
> Have Disk
> click on the Button Browse...
> Locate the folder you extracted the zip folder and highlight the .inf file
you should see two files with .inf
Vista 32Bit AR5007 netathv.inf
Vista 64Bit AR5007 netathvx.inf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-says-connected-but-no-internet.1143757/
Relevancy 49.02%

My Dell dimension E520 keeps dropping my wifi. Other computers, phones,and ipad do fine. Is the computer the problem, because it is
old? How or what would I do to check the computer is OK or not?

The wifi signal icon says it is excellent.

Windows XP SP3 is the OS.
My Outlook program and my email ability is suffering!

A:pc won't stay connected to wifi

What Brand and model is the wireless adaptor? . . Have you downloaded the newest driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-wont-stay-connected-to-wifi-553125.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer is connected to the interent (wifi), but it says its not. I don't know how else to explain it, so I'll just put this picture.
It's really annoying.

help?

A:Computer is connected to wifi, but it says its not?

can we see the following
Xirrus, ipconfig /all , ping tests and device manager - see below

What firewalls do you have or ever had on the PC ?

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{Ping Tests}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-connected-to-wifi-but-it-says-its-not.965775/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hopefully this is the correct thread I'm years old so patience please I was able to enjoy blistering speed mbs down mbs up My old Dell all-in-one went belly up and I had to purchase a new computer This coincided with a problem with the BT Infinity broadband where a connection in the box up the street came loose Now repaired BT assure me all is OK to our premises and therefore the problem is mine Our speed is now hovering around mbs down mbs up This seems to make difference sometimes especially when both my wife and I are streaming - her to PC and me to iPad to TV via Apple box The funny thing is the supposedly ethernet connected PC is giving similar speed results to those of the iPad That prompted me to wonder PC or connected ethernet? Is wifi my via whether the desktop PC may be connected via wifi or both wifi and ethernet and perhaps causing a conflict somewhere I only need wifi on the desktop to connect to our printer which is always quot found quot when required In a nutshell is there a simpleton's way to check when I am connected to the BT Home hub using both wifi and ethernet and if both which one takes precedence Thanks

A:Is my PC connected via wifi or ethernet?

It may be that Wi-Fi and Ethernet are not the issue but the speed from the Modem to the WAN/Wide Area Network or known as the Internet. Wi-Fi and Ethernet are usually the connection between computers/devices and the Router which is then connected to the Modem to gain Internet access. The Modem and Router may be in the same box.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/62525-my-pc-connected-via-wifi-ethernet.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Recently upgraded my u530 from windows 8 to windows 10 and the internet is no longer working. i have tried everything on the windows website but i am very far anything knowledgable on computer

A:WiFi connected but no internet

Hello and Welcome to Lenovo Community.
It looks as if there are some drivers for network on the Drivers and Software page for the U530 Ideapad (Touch). If that is your model, you could try installing those to see if it helps. Make sure you get the ones for Windows 10 when you search on that page.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/WiFi-connected-but-no-internet/td-p/3330291
Relevancy 49.02%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 49.02%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 48.59%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys,

Bought my new Sony Vaio today that of course came with Windows 8. I have completed the setup and installed Norton 360 and Office and tried (unsuccessfully) to uninstall McAfee. Now when i boot up the computer the WI-FI connects (with a full, four bar connection) however, when i try and open IE or the store, I get a connection issue saying there is no internet access.

I am using the same Wi-fi network to post this on this forum, so it seems the issue must be on the Vaio side, what do you guys suggest?

A:[Windows 8] WIFI connected but no internet

Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-wifi-connected-but-no-internet.1077053/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 2 wireless network adapters - internal and external.
So hotspot can be created via two ways (but I don't know how?):
1. Create hotspot on second one while using 1st one for wireless connection.
2. Use the same wifi card by using "AP mode". This feature is supported by Connectify but I don't want to use this software (it causes driver problem) and I don't know any other software.

I have a poor wifi signal so it connects only to laptop and I want to share this connection so that I can connect my Android phone to the Internet.

External adapter : TP-Link TL-WN722N
Lenovo B490

A:How to create Hotspot when I'm already connected to wifi?

If your internet is as bad as you say, I'm not sure you can even create a hotspot.  And if you can, your phone probably won't work too well.  I have the same problem here in the rural USA.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561951/how-to-create-hotspot-when-im-already-connected-to-wifi/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am currently using a Vostro A that will connect to wireless but wont load pages and I have been unable to narrow down the problem I am currently connected to wifi on my smartphone and using an app to tether it to the PC Other laptops are connected to this network and it is working fine Right now it seems like the wireless network connection is not receiving any packets of information I have messed around with the firewall but disabling it still does not change anything This PC did not have any Solved: Connected Internet Wifi No wireless drivers so I had to download them from the DELL website As such they should be correct I have restarted the computer since the drivers were installed any help would be much appreciated Thanks Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RESIDENCE Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Solved: Wifi Connected No Internet Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - - -E -AF-B Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - -C - B-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -E - B-A Ethernet adapter PdaNet Broadband Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Thursday November PM Lease Expires Friday November PM C Documents and Settings RADIOGRAPHY gt nbsp

A:Solved: Wifi Connected No Internet

The following was put together mostly by etaf with a little help from me.

Atheros Wireless Adapter - AR5007EG & AR5007
Over the last couple of years we have been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and mainly on windows Vista.
We have seen just a couple of issues on other windows operating system, windows XP and windows 7.

Windows XP:- A driver update has resolved the issue
Windows 7 :- No conclusive results for a fix

The wireless adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
Please post back a reply here, and let us know if that works or does not work.
If you post back the make and exact model of the router - we can advise how to disable the wireless security

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver."

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section,

If you post a reply here with the Make and EXACT model of your PC, along with the windows version you are running. we will see if we can find a link to the driver and will post a reply with the link here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) The majority of members, have now used the drivers from the atheros driver site, which has resolved the issue.
- see below for direct links for windows vista and the link for all Atheros adapters and supported operating systems
AR5007
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started
AR5007EG
Vista 32 / 64 Bit
Direct link Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista 32 / 64 bit
Drivers for the other windows operating system
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.php
You need to look down the page for your particular adapter model and then look across the columns to find your windows version.
Now click on the blue tick mark in the column under your windows version.
This will open another page for that particular adapter and that windows version.

Now click on the download button labelled " Click to Download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

Please post a reply here , and keep us informed of the situation and how you finally resolved the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connected-no-internet.1078832/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi We use an older laptop for our TV and Netflix etc and it works OK but reading the TV or connected - Bluetooth Wifi Dock anyone? screen from -feet back is a pain I'd like a dock with wifi cable Network connection to the Internet and a Bluetooth link to a win tablet I have a Fire Stick and Chromecast and they do it OK but then I have to use an Android phone to control them The Android apps for the these are not as good as using a browser in windows So far I am thinking of an Acer Switch or ASUS T as they both have USB ports in the keyboard I could use a USB-HDMI adapter but that's going to run bucks If I can get a dock that will sit at the TV connected to Wifi or Bluetooth connected Dock - anyone? the Network for Internet and linked to an quot win tablet I already have I can then use win for accessing everything via the browser Anyone heard of anything like this Where do I get it edit If you are thinking Miracast it does not cut it the lag between movie visuals sound and subtitles is a mess edit Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57677-wifi-bluetooth-connected-dock-anyone.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello All I connected card but not is working DNS WiFi have a laptop with internal WiFi The internal WiFi is fairly buggy so I wanted use a PCMCIA WiFi card I ve tried different WiFi cards and they both have the same issue They both can connect but they cannot resolve any host names i e DNS is not working I can ping external IP addresses I can get to websites by putting a mapping in my hosts file Looking at ipconfig my settings are exactly the same as my internal WiFi WiFi card connected but DNS is not working DHCP DNS Gateway point to my router at I have other devices which can connect to the router and access the internet using DNS I have no firewalls enabled I ve tried rebooting all sorts of ipconfig commands restarting the DNS service I ve also tried hardcoding DNS servers in TCP IP settings I would tend to believe it was a problem with the WiFi card but I ve tried two different cards Any insight would be much appreciated - Thanks Specs Windows XP SP Vaio SZ laptop Netgear WG card Linksys WPC G card nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

in my laptop ..it shows wifi connected but secured then when i open my browser its show there is no internet connection... how to resolve tis issue 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/when-wifi-shows-connected-and-secured/td-p/5755723
Relevancy 48.59%

Good day! my laptop (2weeks old) running windows 8.1 is connected to our home wifi, but is limited. All other devices connected can use the internet but i cant. I tried updating drivers but it still shows limited. Please urgent help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59424-hp-14-r024tx-connected-wifi-but-limited.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
Here and about a month i have a problem with my internet connection.I use a modem with wifi support and all this years(2) my hp 620 laptop with windows 7 home premium x64 connect successfully , but now after a couple of minutes my network(wifi) icon shows me that i'm fine connected in the internet but when i'm trying to go for example to google with deferrent browsers(Mozilla,Chrome,Internet Explorer,Opera) it just not connecting.
I'vw try many fixes(install,reinstall driver , even i called tech support for my modem and they do not do anything).What can i do?
Sorry for my bad english,i'm from Greece and i'm still practising XD

A:Wifi Connected but cannot access in Internet

Need more info:

> What is the model of the modem?
> If it is a driver issue it should show up in device manager with a "yellow triangle and a black exclamation mark" - is this what you have?
> Have you installed any new hardware or driver related software around the time the problem occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302338-wifi-connected-but-cannot-access-internet.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 2 wireless network adapters - internal and external.
So hotspot can be created via two ways (but I don't know how?):
1. Create hotspot on second one while using 1st one for wireless connection.
2. Use the same wifi card by using "AP mode". This feature is supported by Connectify but I don't want to use this software (some driver problem) and I don't know any other software.

I have a poor wifi signal so it connects only to laptop and I want to share this connection so that I can connect my phone to the Internet.

A:How to create Hotspot when I'm already connected to wifi?

Internet Connection Sharing - Create WiFi HotSpot

You might want to check that tutorial out.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59481-how-create-hotspot-when-im-already-connected-wifi.html
Relevancy 48.59%

There was a lot of no internet but Wifi-Connected Solved: great help with my last issue here It seems Windstream solves one problem and two more appear After a two day outage at the beginning of the week I was restored and thought all was well My desktop is Solved: Wifi-Connected but no internet wired and Solved: Wifi-Connected but no internet was finally working well My wife came home from work and couldn t get online Her desktop is wireless I monkeyed around trying to reinstall the network adapter and a bunch of things The error was quot Connected-no internet access quot It also affected my tablet and wifi enabled phone from Republic wireless I was able to get the desktop working by changing the TCP IP settings but the phone and tablet won t work and I can t figure out how to configure these settings on them I have an Asus Android tablet and a Motorola Defy phone The phone is more critical of the two The message on my phone is quot Wifi calling disabled-click to configure quot I have entered the password several times but I can t figure out how to change the real settings like I did on the desktop It turns out my Wifi printer doesn t work either Thanks nbsp