Windows Support Forum

XPS 2710 - Faulty Motherboard with installation of Windows 10 - Replace motherboard and fallback to Windows 8 - Recovery CD please

Q: XPS 2710 - Faulty Motherboard with installation of Windows 10 - Replace motherboard and fallback to Windows 8 - Recovery CD please

Hi ,

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out. I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8 and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8. With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,
Sathish.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679535
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: XPS 2710 - Faulty Motherboard with installation of Windows 10 - Replace motherboard and fallback to Windows 8 - Recovery CD please

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.07%

Hi Dell Experts Please kindly advise nbsp on the procedure to restore the software after the replacement of mother board From where do I download the nbsp OS DELL -Recovery replacement - OS Windows recovery of Motherboard XPS and 2710 of software for the newly DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows replaces Mother board nbsp My XPS becomes faulty with recent upgrade to Window further research in the forum shows that XPS does not support Windows config and will make the screen black out Only option is to replace the motherboard nbsp Now even with the replacement motherboard not sure how the recovery of nbsp OS softwares will be done including nbsp other softwares Any guide or manual to follow DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows nbsp With recent upgrade of Windows upgrade my computer XPS totally black out nbsp I DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace With the replacement Mother Board I think I am required to re-install the Windows nbsp and I think it will ask for a Product key since it is a replacement mother board Please advise with the faulty motherboard forced to replace the Motherboard how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows nbsp With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS just because of the Windows upgrade I am planning to fall back to Window with the replacement mother board pleaser advise Regards Sathish

A:DELL XPS 2710 -Recovery of OS - Motherboard replacement and recovery of Windows

The license is OEM and the product key is embedded in the UEFI BIOS of the motherboard. If you replace the motherboard and it doesn't have a UEFI BIOS embedded Windows 8.x product key you will be unable to activate Windows 8.1 and may have to buy Windows 8.1 again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679536
Relevancy 90.73%

The motherboard on my envy 17t-k200 needs to be replaced.  The part number installed on the refurbished machine is 793272-501.  I have found a motherboard, part number 794984-001.  Is 794984-001 compatible with my envy 17t-k200? 

A:can i replace motherboard 793272-501 with motherboard 794984...

Hi, Yes as you can see on the list:      http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=794984-001 Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-i-replace-motherboard-793272-501-with-motherboard-794984/td-p/5681529
Relevancy 90.73%

I have a dell xps aio 2710 with  faulty motherboard (constantly getting 4 beeps = ram read/write failure, and with no luck of fixing it after all kind of ram replacements/manipulations). So I'm planning on replacing the motherboard. Dell part number for the one currently installed is 02XMCT. Can it be replaced with boards with a different dp/n, like G17RR, i.e. is it compatible?  and what complications could this lead to?

A:XPS One 2710 motherboard compatibility?

Dell can only speak to what Dell tested and validated. The XPS One 2710 motherboards are tied to the operating system and the graphics. G17RR and 3VTJ7 are children part numbers of the parent Dell part number on the far left.1PMFP Discrete video, Windows 8 Pro, 3VTJ71CMYV Onboard video, Window 8 Pro, G17RRPKND9 Discrete video, Windows 8 Home, 3VTJ7WPVM4 Onboard video, Windows 8 Home, G17RRYCGJ1 Discrete video, Window 7, 3VTJ7WXVGM Onboard video, Window 7, G17RR

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19617960
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello,
My 2710 went dark after switching SATA MODE in BIOS.  I tried every tip listed here but still can't get to the BIOS, I think my mobo is bricked so, I need to find a reasonably priced replacement.  Dell wants $550, any other alternative around for around $200?
Thanks.

A:Need Dell One XPS 2710 Motherboard

Power supply is good. Problem was as suspected in the BIOS. I managed to flash it with a working one, thanks to the help of a friend with good soldering skills. Indeed the holes i was talking about in my last post are made for accessing the bios chip without extracting it. The process wasn't easy but we did it!! So now the computer is back to life!! :DD Tat was the good news. The bad news is that it looks like the windows 8 key was embedded in the old rom file (of that file I made a backup for safety, but i cannot read it), so i cannot install my legally owned copy of windows because i cannot get the key. By asking help from DELL, the only answer i got was "you must consider yourself lucky, you managed to revive your computer. that's already a lot. So NO, we won't help you, you must buy yourself another copy of windows." . I had Windows 8 "customer" (whatever it means).
So, don't lose hope, except in DELL. ;)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19664408
Relevancy 89.87%

I've done my share of posting and ranting about my XPS 2710 on here.
Just an FYI as maybe I can help someone else who has a broken XPS 2710 from either upgrading to Windows 10 or with another issue like a corrupted bios/eeprom (my issue).
I was searching for replacement parts and came across a company who had an eBay ad saying they can fix the XPS 2710 issues that we're experiencing.
For $100 at this point I figured I'd take the chance.  If he said he couldn't fix it there would be no charge.
A few days later I got the motherboard back.  And sure enough...it worked!My XPS 2710 is back in action!

A:Company repaired my XPS 2710 motherboard for $100!

With what OS running..?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19676032
Relevancy 88.58%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 87.29%

I am trying to reinstall xp sp Home edition on my older desk top computer as I wanted to upgrade the capacity of hard disk to GB and to eliminate various PC problems My old disk was only GB capacity Here are the specifications for my desk top Desktop is Mesh for which there is no support in the UK it ceased existing a long time ago in UK Mother Board Asus P R -VM Processor unit Intel Pentium chip IXP My old HD which I am replacing is PM - Maxtor Y PO GB capacity My new HD is Quickview Maxtor L PO GB capacity The installation reaches to the stage when it has to write the system files on to the hard disk and it fails The system BIOS recognises P4R800-VM Controller for Driver XP Re-installation Storage motherboard Mass Asus for motherboard the new disk as it is showing it as L PO in the BIOS I have gone through lots of forums and realise that mass storage device driver is not compatible with the new drive or is missing I have even tried to reinstall the system on to the old hard disk to see what happens but it still fails at the same place I do not have manufacturers disk of drivers for my desk top as it came only with recovery disk and no drivers disk I have found all the drivers chip set vga etc from Asus site but do Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation not know which driver is for mass storage Device there Or should it be from Intel site If so what the name would be Please help to get correct mass storage device driver on a floppy disk as I can only insert the driver in the installation process at RAID drivers insertion point I cannot clon old HD either as the drive is already formatted I was trying to reinstall the system first onto the old drive to correct the errors When that did not work I bought Quickview maxtor drive with higher capacity But still I cannot reinstall on the new drive I have an original XP SP Cd from another PC and I downloaded the installation programme on floppy disks from Microsoft site But even this combination does not install the system In this way the system tells me in the middle of the installation that the system cannot copy the file plugin ocx obviously this particular file is not available on the xp sp CD I have I don t know how to obtain it and from where In the end the system cann not copy the files on the hard drive and fails Sorry for the long post as I wanted to explain where I am at the moment in ths process Would be grateful for any advice in this matter nbsp

A:Mass Storage Controller Driver for Asus motherboard P4R800-VM motherboard for XP Re-installation

Almost a word for word copy & paste from THIS forum post made in 2014
@muckshifter the bus inspector should be along soon

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/mass-storage-controller-driver-for-asus-motherboard-p4r800-vm-motherboard-for-xp-re-installation.4069314/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I have a dell dimension and the motherboard failed I contacted dell and had the motherboard replaced under warranty However ever since I No new in XP motherboard of sound after installation Windows have no sound through windows I can play music or watch videos with sound fine but get nothing in windows including internet explorer My volume is fine speakers work fine obviously as I get sound from media player etc When I am in the sounds folder in control panel and try to play a preview of one the of the windows No sound in Windows XP after installation of new motherboard system sounds the little play button is greyed out on every choice giving no opertunity to play I contacted dell technical support but after an hour of them taking control of No sound in Windows XP after installation of new motherboard my computer all they could say was I should backup my entire system and re-install windows I am by no means an expert and never done this before so am wary of losing my files or messing something else up Could anybody offer an alternative solution

A:No sound in Windows XP after installation of new motherboard

Quote:

My volume is fine, speakers work fine obviously as I get sound from media player etc.

so you are getting sound or not? confusing

Anyway, the obvious first step would be to install your sound drivers. It is entirely possible that they replaced your motherboard with a similar model, but one that is not quite the same since the 9150 is no longer sold by Dell.

If I were you I would skip on over to http://support.dell.com and download them from there.

It is possible that this is not the problem, they may have thrown in the exact same model motherboard as you had before. In that case, I would check in your device manager for a device that is not installed correctly. If you need help finding this just let us know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-sound-in-windows-xp-after-installation-of-new-motherboard-200761.html
Relevancy 86.43%

After recently upgrading to Windows Ultimate -bit first my old graphics card melted which I successfully replaced and now my motherboard recently crapped itself I've replaced it with a different motherboard and had to upgrade my RAM but still retained the old CPU Windows now won't load I presume because the existing drivers are incompatible I am really really keen not to have to do a failure and recovery 7 Motherboard Windows complete reinstall of Windows because my wife has all her Outlook contacts Motherboard failure and Windows 7 recovery on the HD and hasn't backed them up and she will make my life a complete misery if I can't recover them However I notice there is no 'rebuild' function for Windows I have been led to believe that if I delete the old MoBo and RAM drivers then Windows is clever enough to load without them and download new ones from the Internet but am unsure how to go about this None of the safe mode functions seem to allow this I also understand that the Windows OEM might not accept my old product key but would be happy if I even got to that stage at this point I'm sure I'm not the first for this to have happened Has anyone else come up with a creative solution

A:Motherboard failure and Windows 7 recovery

Hello,

These 2 threads have a lot of info.

Upgrading motherboard on Windows 7

New Motherboard

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/94883-motherboard-failure-windows-7-recovery.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have just installed a new motherboard and on start up I am getting the window recovery error screen asking me to insert the Vista disk or start in safe mode/normally etc

I insert the Vista disk and restart and nothing happens - just he screen reappearing. I seem to be caught in a vicious circle and wonder if any one can suggest a solution.

Thanks

Lostockkid

Relevancy 84.71%

aN old motherboard has been broken so i bought a new motherboard to replace it . the new motherboard model is not same to old motherboard. one of the reason i dont want to do clean installation because the hard disk contains a expensive software. any idea ?

A:how to boot windows xp without clean installation after motherboard replacement

Hi

You can do a repair install which will preserve all installed programs and data. Please watch the below video tutorial for step by step instructions.

Since there is a slight chance for the repair install to fail, i highly recommend creating a backup image of C partition before starting the install. I would recommend Marium Reflect Free which will allow to make either Linux or WinPE based boot disc. You can use this disc to boot the target machine and then backup the current installation. 

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530993/how-to-boot-windows-xp-without-clean-installation-after-motherboard-replacement/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,
My computer got infected by suspicious.mystic and it doesn't boot anymore (winlogon crashes).
I've decided to do a clean install after saving my files.
I've tried accessing my files from a quick win xp install on another hard drive, but I can't see the raid array (not even in the disk manager). Is there something I should do?
I hope I didn't lose all my personal files - I used RAID 5 for back-up so wouldn't understand if it's causing me problems now...
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Fred

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/access-raid-5-drives-from-new-windows-installation-on-same-motherboard-515207.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Is it possible to install the AHCI SATA drivers for Windows XP for the a m motherboard after OS installation I downloaded the after installation K10N78FullHD-hSLI (SATA) AHCI ASROCK Windows R2. Motherboard for AHCI drivers from the manufacturer s site and tried the F method with the Windows XP installation CD Unfortunately there are two diskettes and XP recognizes only the first one as driver diskette he asks for the second one and even if inserted he keeps asking for the second one Somewhere on your web page there are some AHCI (SATA) after Windows installation for Motherboard ASROCK K10N78FullHD-hSLI R2. instructions recommending to add a registry key and to copy ahcix sys to C Windows System Driver but in the downloaded drivers there is no such file As already mentioned required drivers are on two diskettes and do not fit into one single diskette So how can I install AHCI SATA drivers on Windows XP without having to reinstall the OS And if not possible how do I reinstall Windows XP with the F method if it does not accept the second diskette

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ahci-sata-after-windows-installation-for-motherboard-asrock-k10n78fullhd-hsli-r2-1108650.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey to all the people seeing this! First of all thanks for viewing this thread ^^

Right, You may have seen my posts about a faulty motherboard not giving video, If not then it doesn't matter to much because this is the story:
I needed to replace a motherboard as the old one was bad.
The New motherboard came, Still no Video, Dead motherboard
Sending the faulty one back for a refund

NOW heres the dilemma:
I can't find the motherboard again so I'm going to replace it with another ones (make/model not yet decided) But how do I go about installing the drivers for the new one? I've searched Google yet the only thing I could find is being able to boot up the computer to un=install the old ones? Is there anyway to do this without booting it up prior to installing the new MOBO? Many thanks, Mark ^^

Relevancy 80.84%

I upgraded a pc today with new motherboard, ram, amd 3100 and case. I know the ram is working fine and i know the case and power are working fine. When i put it all together my cpu fan is turning but nothing else is happening, not sure if it is my cpu or my motherboard, or alternatively something else. Anyone got any good ideas to try?
any advice would be most appriciated.
Cheers

A:how can i tell if my motherboard is faulty or my cpu?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You did use standoffs when fitting the new mobo didn`t you?

Make sure that the mobo isn`t shorting against the case anywhere.

Is the heatsink properly connected, and did you use thermal paste?

Disconnect anything not required to boot your system.

Does the computer attempt to post?

Try booting with just the mobo/cpu/ram if you then get beeps, start adding the other components one at a time untill your system doesn`t try and post.

If this is a completely different mobo to your last one. You will need to run a Windows repair on your hard drive, because your hard drive will have all the drivers for your old mobo.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-motherboard-is-faulty-or-my-cpu.35712/
Relevancy 79.98%

HP Notebook 15-n215si motherboard blew just 1 month out off warranty. Need to get Data of HDD but with this HP Protectsmart you cant see any data on hdd when connecting it to another pc. Is there any solution to get data off this hdd? S/N off Notebook is 5CD4251PCJ. Would appreciate help. Thank you very much. 

A:Faulty motherboard - Need to get data of HDD but with this ...

Protectsmart is not drive encryption it is an accelerometer that parks the drive head if the laptop is dropped. Should not affect the ability of the hard drive to be used as an external on another system. How are you trying to do this and what happens when you do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Faulty-motherboard-Need-to-get-data-of-HDD-but-with-this-HP/td-p/5705734
Relevancy 79.98%

The motherboard on my friends PC is completely gone, but the data on the hard disk is needed on a new one.

What's the best way to copy data off an old HDD when the new PC is set up?

All details, or pointers, much appreciated.

A:Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

You can just take the old hard drive and hook it up inside the new computer, be sure to get the correct jumper settings. The old one is likely jumpered to Master, so if its not going on its own seperate IDE ribbon you'll need to set it to slave.

After that its just a matter of finding the files that you want copied over. There is a chance you will run into ownership issues and not have access to the directories in which the files are contained. If that is the case please read: How to solve ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-motherboard-but-want-to-copy-hdd.63179/
Relevancy 79.98%

I bought my Lenovo G500 and after 15 MONTHS it would not switch on. I have had it assesed and it has come back as a faulty motherboard. The shop I purchased it from says Lenovo should sort it out as it was out of warranty (12 months).Has anyone had this experience is it a known fault?

A:G500 Faulty Motherboard

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the failing motherboard.  I'm not an owner of your model, but if the laptop is out of warranty you can have it serviced anywhere for a motherboard replacement.  I am surprised the shop didn't quote you an estimate for repair.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500-Faulty-Motherboard/td-p/2230348
Relevancy 79.98%

I've had this problem for a couple years now and given the situation it's more an issue of pride than necessity still I feel like an ass to be unable to get to the bottom of it Originally the system was i k Asrock H M-S gb g skill related) Motherboard CPU or is x16 (PCI-E faulty ram hd ocz w modular Never overclocked cpu because h fast forward to two years later and after the regularly scheduled hardware cleaning and your friendly neighbourhood power mass outage psu starts acting up and the only pcie x slot dies The rig doesn't even post with the card in it or it boots as if there's nothing in that slot black screen with hdd led flashing up as if it's loading the OS After spending days trying other cards and confirming they all work somewhere else I just Motherboard or CPU is faulty (PCI-E x16 related) decide to upgrade the system which becomes i k Asus z -a gb kingston hyper x hd later became gtx thermaltake berlin w Mobo is crossfire-ready slot sandy bridge max and a x slot below Top slot doesn't work from the get-go literally the same as the older faulty mobo Unfortunately I had to wait two weeks for the psu to build the rig so in the meantime I lose right of withdrawal and they tell me quot tough you gotta deal with warranty quot which means buying another motherboard shipping the broken card is on me wait days for asus all with the risk of getting a refurbished motherboard for nothing Meanwhile I checked everything other OS no peripherals breadboarding heatsink psu bent pins bios updates disabling igpu pcie gen settings etc short of trying the cpu somewhere else found NOBODY with over an entire year Now since the bottom slot works flawlessly southbridge-controlled not the cpu and I read that as unlikely as that sounds it can happen for one part of the cpu to malfunction while the rest lives on I started suspecting it could be the pcie part of the cpu that died The cpu doesn't overheat never a bluescreen it can even take overclock up to ghz without fail supports any stress test with good scores including unigine at max detail alongside my new without crashing or breaking down except somewhat lower score I guess due to x Before you ask no the problem appeared long before I even started overclocking the cpu Two final things I might have forgotten quot take out the ram and let the speaker beep if it doesn't then it doesn't post and it's the motherboard quot I had an old speaker but it's broken now When I put two gpu in the two slots video hooked to secondary pcie or even igpu the system boots fine and this is what I have with card in and out albeit in doesn't show in any software for those who can't see pictures x with card in not present with card out

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396710-motherboard-cpu-faulty-pci-e-x16-related.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I just put together a computer and it won t work After connecting everything to the computer and i tried to turn it on it would turn on the power LED for or boot, motherboard? won't Computer faulty CPU about second then turn off I can see the power supply fan start to turn but then it just stops when the LED goes Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? out I have disconnected the fans memory HDD DVD drive the only thing connected is the processor and power and it did the same thing I have tested the power supply with a power supply tester and that shows up to be Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? just fine when I take out the processor the light stays on just fine when i put the processor back in it does it again does this mean that the processor is dead or does it mean that there is a short or some kind of damage to the motherboard the motherboard is refurbished so maybe it s not in the best shape nbsp

A:Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

what are you hardware specifications?

everyting, Cpu, motherboard, psu, gpu, ram,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-faulty-cpu-or-motherboard.130936/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I have used ASUS P Q-EM my Is after motherboard damaged my faulty RAMs? motherboard since January It had GB a couple of paired x kits Corsair Mhz RAM dual-channel It had infrequent crashed which I was unable to determine what was the cause I installed them Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? in pairs Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? Two weeks ago Windows highlighted that st kit of x RAM was faulty which are replacing Two days ago nd set of x became faulty too I discovered that Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? those are compatible to asus p q-em motherboard if properly applied according to the ASUS mobo manual guide P Q-EM Manual So I got replacements for those faulty RAMs which I will sell them off and buy x kits of RAM in total GB which works in xpairs with the accordance to the manual Corsair RAMs I used are dual channel kits but does not work in pair on my mobo which caused instability and damaged my RAMs According to the manual it can be used a single channel only I learnt the hard way that a certain paired kits of RAM does not always works on dual channel mobo eg corsair twin dominator CM X - C D So i had to get RAMs that support modules which meets the asus mobo manual's compatibility list inserted into blue amp black slots as two pairs of Duel-channel memory configuration eg x kits of Geil GX GB C UDC works on Asus p q em mobo I found RAMs are faulty by using memtest and windows diagnostic test But how do I determine that my mobo is not faulty and wont affects my new RAMs Can faulty RAMs affects my mobo Thanks kindly in advance M

A:Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs?

Althoug Time Consuming, the best method would be:

1) Remove All RAM from the system

2) Insert the 1st module in the very first DIMM slot.
Test & record the results.

3) Remove the module and set aside, and put in the next module
(Still in the very first DIMM slot and still only 1 RAM module)
Test & record the results.

4) Repeat until you have tested all RAM modules in the Motherboards first DIMM slot.

At this point you may have all of them Pass, Fail, or a combination of both.

keep things organized and recorded so you know which failed, or passed in that slot.

Move to DIMM slot 2, testing a single RAM module (repeating step 1 & 2)

Continue the process onto DIMM 3 and 4 etc.

This process will help you pinpoint if it is in fact a RAM issue, or a MOBO issue.

For example, if Module 2 fails in every slot, but Modules 1,3 & 4 pass .... Then Module 2 is likely defective.

If all 4 modules pass in say DIMM slot 1,2 & 4, YET Fail in DIMM slot 3 ... The RAM is fine, but the Motherboards DIMM slot 3 may be defective.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/112392-my-motherboard-faulty-after-damaged-my-rams.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Guys I have an Intel Pentium D Ghz Overheating or CPU issue:Motherboard faulty? an intel D GZis MotherBoard an I ball W SMPS Mb DDR Mhz RAM I m having Overheating issues with my system It started in around August after i removed my CPU and heatsink to clean the dust After that my v x connector got burnt So i got my SMPS replaced But my room used to get hot when i used my system So i checked the CPu temp in the BIOS it was going upto C SO i tried re-installing the fan it came down to C but that is also much high And when i used to play games like NFS underground with all the graphics details turned off temp used to shoot uptp - So i stopped playing the games But soon after i faced the same problem the same v X connector got burnt again So i got my SMPS replaced and this time i got my motherboard tested from a local tech and he told me ur m b is faulty so i bought a new one Overheating issue:Motherboard or CPU faulty? a gigabyte EG M-S m b and he asked me to call Overheating issue:Motherboard or CPU faulty? intel and get it replaced as my intel m b is still in warranty Now i called them they asked me to follow some steps i followed them like gt Updating BIOS gt applying the grey thermal paste which intel sent me through courier the temp got down but still its starts with - c and according to intel max temp my cpu should go is till c Beyond that i don t know I ve tried it on different m b gigabyte one and its giving me a normal temp of c on it SO i m confused that is my CPU also faulty as i beleive there is a fault in my motherbaord Please guide nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I just recently put together a new system with the core components been a GA-p -DS Motherboard from Gigabyte and the new E Wolfdale CPU s Other components included GB of Corsair Dual Channel Memory XFX GTS Graphics Card W Coolermaster PSU Thermaltake Soprano DX Case Hard - Build Problems Motherboard Else? Possible or Faulty New Something Disk etc Now the problem was everything connected but New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else? nothing would start not make a sound nor even flicker a lil light Once we did manage to get it to work it was found that the CPU fan would not start immediatly rather there was a delay from - seconds After some investigating it was found that the CPU fan delay problem was fixed by moving the connector from CPU FAN to the SYS FAN port on the mobo Furthermore the not-starting-at-all-issue was fixed by simply not including the sound AC- or optional HD from the case external connection for headphones etc onto the motherboard It appeared that it had an effect similar to short-circuiting the whole thing Thus after these two issues were resolved ie change of port and excluding sound the system ran fine and has been doing so as i install everything The question i wanted to ask was Are these problems because of a faulty motherboard fingers crossed its not and if so can the faultiness further affect the remainder of my components within time OR Are these problems because of potential incompatibility with the board and the E as i ve heard some gossip and requires a BIOS update If so where can such a thing be found I thank you for any help in advance as this problem has been worrying me sick A lot of money for a new system that i definitely don t want KAPUT Thanks nbsp

A:New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else?

A BIOS update would be available on the Gigabyte website.
But IMO, RMAing the motherboard would be better in case you encounter further problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-problems-possible-faulty-motherboard-or-something-else.98734/
Relevancy 79.12%

Only my second post apologies if wrong section Recently rebuilt a Windows based 'server' backup storage facility using a brand new AMD FX- Gigabyte GA- A-DS P and Corsair XMS x Gb Mhz Problem came when motherboard build faulty CPU on ? Memory, new or I tried to install Windows Unit kept freezing just after the small dots start the circle Tried swapping them around tried putting them in the other slots always led to install freezing Then tried removing one of the sticks so I was running on a single Gb stick and Windows install suddenly ran with no problems Once Win was installed Memory, motherboard or CPU faulty on new build ? and running I tried swapping the 'good' stick for the 'faulty' stick Not surprisingly Win froze just after the dots start to circle At this point I was thinking quot ok dodgy stick of ram need to send it back quot I then decided to run Memtest just to find out what the fault was Ran Memtest on the 'good' stick so i would know what to look for Swapped the sticks over and ran Memtest on the 'faulty' stick I got exactly the same 'pass' result as the 'good' stick I then put both sticks in again and ran Memtest a third time Both sticks passed all the tests I will mention at this point that I tried also running my Macrium Reflect Recovery Disk which is based on WinPE and that also froze I then decided to try the Corsair XMS x Gb sticks I had in another unit Not surprisingly stick and Windows booted but with both sticks Windows froze I am now thinking motherboard is also faulty I then tried my new sticks in the other machine and got the same result 'good' stick Windows runs 'faulty' stick or both sticks and Windows freezes Suggests faulty ram stick but if it's faulty why is Memtest passing it when windows can't even boot I don't want to send the memory back for a replacement only to find out the motherboard is also faulty but I don't want to send both back if nothing is wrong with the motherboard Does anyone know of any other testing software or other things I can try which will help me narrow down what is faulty or do I just send all components back on the basis all of them are faulty

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69482-memory-motherboard-cpu-faulty-new-build.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I've been having issues with my old gaming PC and I would like to either replace or upgrade the components but I'm not sure what the issue is Here's a list of what happened - - years ago I was experiencing BSODs on PC boot so I decided to check each ram individually to see if one of them its causing the problem So I found that sticks were faulty so I removed them and I was left with GB ram - months ago Motherboard or Power Faulty Supply? I tried to turn on the PC and it was shutting down after seconds or it wouldn't even start at all no signs Faulty Motherboard or Power Supply? of power - So I decided to disassemble everything and clean my dusty fans there was a lot of dust inside the power supply and tried to boot again This time the PC was booting but with no display - So I removed everything expect the CPU Cooler and fans and tried to boot again Still no display no beeps and fans were spinning Is it safe to assume that my motherboard is bad Is there any other way to test it to make sure Because if it's the motherboard I might be replacing the whole system unless its the power supply that's faulty so I could replace it with a cheap one at the moment and upgrade the PC later Specs OS Windows bit CPU AMD Phenom tm II X Processor Motherboard ASUS M A TD-V EVO Memory GB DDR SDRAM Graphics Cards ATI Radeon HD MB x Cooling H corsair Hard Drives WDC WD AALS- L B ATA Device GB IDE x

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390048-faulty-motherboard-power-supply.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi I m having some trouble with my computer I have Windows XP installed but I wanna install Ubuntu and Vista only because of DX of course I ve tried to boot from the Vista DVD and it recognizes it as a bootable disc but after it asks quot press any key to boot from disc quot and I press a key the screen just turns black However when I updated the firmware for my NEC ND- A drive it does run the installation but extremely slowly Every step in the installation process takes mins to load The Ubuntu installation CD boot problem motherboard? faulty - comes as far as the screen where you choose whether to install verify the disc contents and so on However clicking on any of these will load the kernel but the screen will turn black after that So it sounds like the problem was the DVD drive right It s not though because I CD boot problem - faulty motherboard? just bought a SATA DVD drive today the old one was IDE which have the same problem So the problem is not the drive or the IDE SATA channels What do you think nbsp

A:CD boot problem - faulty motherboard?

Could you please list which parts (model numbers processor type and speed etc, etc) comprise your computer or the make and model number if it's a Dell, HP, Gateway or such?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-boot-problem-faulty-motherboard.89990/
Relevancy 78.26%

Last year i built a computer with an intel DG tl motherboard quad core q processor and seagate barracuda hard drive From the Solved: Motherboard Hard or Drive Faulty beginning Vista seemed to be having alot of problems but didnt think anything of it cause well its vista The problems were windows explorer stopped working this happened alot alot So recently ive been having problems with booting up it freezes before windows can reach the log in stage Sometimes if i let it sit a few days and replug Solved: Faulty Motherboard or Hard Drive in the SATA it will load up but eventually crashes It does alot of memory dumping too And i have changed the SATA cable ive tried that already So my question is do you think Solved: Faulty Motherboard or Hard Drive it is the motherboard or the Hard drive Ive already ruled out vista i really doubt its that My assumtion is that it is the motherboard i did some research and found out other people had problems with the board too If there is any questions that will help narrow down the possibility of whats wrong feel free to ask Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

Hello Just recently one of my hard drive Not the primary drive started to give problems Occassionaly it did not appear in the list of drives nor in computer management storage Disk management either When it was available I tried to copy the essential data from it but it only remained available for - Minutes before quot disappearing quot I found a logfile cannot remember which one which listed some Fail? Beginning Or Motherboard Faulty Disk To Hard drive controller errors I do not know if this refers to controllers on the hard drive or controllers on Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? the motherboard In any case I removed the drive and installed Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? it in a USB caddy Now the drive seems to work fine - Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? no disappearing and no problems copying the data from it I should be happy that I have recovered the data but am left not knowing the following Should I discontinue use of the drive or is it stable now it is in a caddy Was this a sign of impending motherboard failure and should I be preparing to replace the machine I e document all installed software find all the installation disks files backup data etc Are there areas of log files I can check to ascertain what was going on The computer is an ACER Veriton M running Windows professional with an AMD Athlon II X processor Gb Thanks Roy nbsp

A:Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail?

Have a look over here.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000446.htm

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/faulty-hard-disk-or-motherboard-beginning-to-fail.304902/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello nbsp I have emptied a full glass of water into my laptop motherboard Replace in Y50-70 I've send it to repair and they concluded that the motherboard is dead and the price for a new motherboard is more than the price I payed for the laptop from the beginning nbsp My last option is to replace the motherboard with a used one myself and so I will nbsp Now to the question Can I use an other motherbord than EXACTLY the model in my laptop I have done a lot of research and it looks like Replace motherboard in Y50-70 most Y - motherboards are identical nbsp My y - Model Name S N CB CPU nbsp INTEL CORE I Replace motherboard in Y50-70 H GHZGFX NVIDIA GeForce GTX m nbsp The motherboard in my dead laptop is nbsp B F nbsp SHOULD it then nbsp be the nbsp EXACT nbsp same model B F i replace it with orCan I replace it with any y - motherboard for example with i and GTX m or nbsp Can I replace with an other motherboard with the same Model Name but better specs nbsp I hope you guys can help me out here IMG jpg KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Replace-motherboard-in-Y50-70/td-p/3445894
Relevancy 76.54%

I REPLACE MY MOTHERBOARD WITH A NEW ONE.BUT
AFTER I DID THE INSTALLATION AND BOOTED THE SYSTEM UP I HAVE NO VIDEO. WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

Relevancy 76.54%

Running XP Pro, If I replace the motherboard, will I have to reinstall XP? I am tyring to do this as painless as possible. If there is a way, Please help.

A:Need To Replace Motherboard

It's always best to do a clean install of your OS when changing the motherboard in order to prevent any sort of driver / hardware conflict.

However, there are ways to avoid a full install of the OS. Read through the following links:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/replace_motherboard.htm

http://arstechnica.com/hardware/new...-motherboard-without-reinstalling-windows.ars

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-replace-motherboard.145869/
Relevancy 76.54%

I just ordered a new Asus A7V333 motherboard and would like to replace my old ECS motherboard myself.

I know how to physically remove the old one and put in the new one but what I'd really like to know is if I need to delete any or all drivers that pertain to the old motherboard (audio driver and such).

Any other advice to make the transition any smoother would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi

My system is 4 years old.

The motherboard is a MSI - MS 6585
Chipset SiS 648
ATX Form Factor.
CPU - Socket 478 for P4 processors (Willimate 478 and Northwood 478)
with 400/533 MHz (100/133Mhz QDIR)

Mine is a 2.8 GHz

I have 1GB of RAM - PC2700

I cannot seem to find a replacement mobo.

MY QUESTION

This is my first time changing a mobo.

Because my CPU and chipset are as above - am I restricted to what
replacement board I buy?

In other words, do I have to locate a motherboard with the
exact specs as my old board has?

Or can I upgrade to a more modern one.

I'm really in the dark here - any help would be appriciated.

Thanks, Stephen

Relevancy 76.54%

If replaced original Foxconn N15235 motherboard (2007):
chipset P4M890
Southbridge VT8237A
CPU quadcore Q6600 2.4 GHz (socket LGA 775)
with this one:
Asus P5KPL-AM rev. 1.02g
Chipset ? Intel? G31 Intel ICH7
FSB ? 1600*/1333/1066/800 MHz (*1600 is overclock speed)
With the same ram and CPU, Windows 10 is able to start?
Of course afterwards It will necessary to reinstall driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52248-replace-motherboard-what-happens.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all - I tried to find this in the forum first - it may be I just don't know what to look for and if so, I apologize. My T61 (6459-CTO) has a bad motherboard.  It's still a great machine and I'd like to replace the motherboard.  Can someone point to: (a) somewhere where I can figure out which motherboard to replace it with (and if possible, a source) and(b) instructions/video on how to do the replacement? Thanks Mark

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Replace motherboard for T61 (6459-CTO)

Instructions on how to disassemble the computer and replace the motherboard should be in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM).  Sorry, I don't have the link but you should be able to search for it on this forum.  

KeithFormerly 600E 2645, T30 2366, X31 2673, T40 2373, T41 2379, T42 2373, T42 2379, T60 1952, T61p 8889, T61p 8891Currently T420 4177-CTO, T430 2347-A54, T430 2349-L64, T430 2347-UN9, T430 2342-CTR, Ideapad K1, H520S 2561-1LU

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Replace-motherboard-for-T61-6459-CTO/td-p/646883
Relevancy 75.68%

I think I have damaged my motherboard - I was trying to clone a quot hard disk as an upgrade for my laptop and managed to connect the to Think replace? motherboard - damaged I've how drive incorrectly to the IDE asaptor I was using Net result is that system setup is now unable to recognize any hard disk I connect to the IDE cables though CD DVD drives are OK I ve tried both IDE sockets different cables different Think I've damaged motherboard - how to replace? drives etc etc So pretty sure the motherboard is damaged in some way Luckily my normal drives are SATA so ok for now But my question is unless someone has a magic fix for the above - how do I work out what motherboard to purchase as a replacement The system is a Dell Dimension with a GHz P cpu The motherboard has the following number on it - DS N CN- Y - - S and AA C - Is there anything else I should bear in mind Will I have difficulty getting the XP license to transfer OK nbsp

A:Think I've damaged motherboard - how to replace?

You'll have to get the exact same motherboard, which means going back to Dell or buying one on eBay. Putting non-Dell boards into a Dell can be tricky and you are not allowed to use the Dell Windows XP license with anything except the mainboard that comes or is an approved replacement for the system.

But have you tried to clear the CMOS? There should be either a button, switch, or jumper to do this. Check the Dell site. And make sure the IDE just isn't disabled in the BIOS or set to None as that can happen.

You can also add a PCI IDE controller card to replace the IDE on the mainboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/think-ive-damaged-motherboard-how-to-replace.758788/
Relevancy 75.68%

I recently replaced my motherboard in my Solo 9300 which has windows XP. Since I've change it when I first turned the computer on it automatically opened the wizard for installing new hardware. Then I tried the internet and I get the IE screen put the page says the internet cannot be found. Since I purchased this computer used I don't have any of the cd's which I most likely need.
Please Help! I need the Windows based computer on the internet for my work.

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello guys, I assembled my desktop three years back with I5 650 processor - Socket LGA1156 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | Intel DH55TC Motherboard. Recently I started having issues with my motherboard and system does not start. When i gave it for service, I was told that I need to change the motherboard which would cost around 8-10K. I was also suggested that Motherboard plus Fourth Gen Intel processor costs around 15K and its better to get a new one as the I5 650 is relatively old which might stop working soon.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 75.68%

Long story short I spilled some liquids onto my PC The problem at first seemed to be my PSU which at the time was a RM So I replaced it with the RM when i i replace my point?? CPU and this Should at motherboard tried booting it up i had a black screen but everything else turned on No motherboard or any type of screen appeared everything else seemed to be running fans liquid cooler gpu however my mouse and keyboard wouldn't but my microphone did have a lit light on which mean it was being powered After that i decided to replace a cable on my psu and it had a short circuit which I'm guessing fried my psu once again because a burning smell appeared but Should i replace my motherboard and CPU at this point?? it smelled brand new similar to the psu hopefully you understand what i mean xD So now my psu my a clicking sound everytime i try to start it but i wont stay turned on anymore I want to know if i should replace my motherboard and cpu or should i try changing my PSU only And maybe recommend a build with GTX Ti Any help would be appreciated thanks My build CPU i k GPU PNY GTX Ti Motherboard MSI z -g RAM gb Corsair Vengeance PSU Corsair RM w

A:Should i replace my motherboard and CPU at this point??

What do you mean when you say "you spilled some liquid onto your PC"? Where did the liquid actually get spilled...on to what?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127446-should-i-replace-my-motherboard-cpu-point.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I want to update my system. Im hoping to get a new motherboard, processor, and ram. im hoping for the ram to be 2048mb and the processor to be around 2.4ghz. also if the videocard could be agp on the motherboard that would be great, because i have an atx x800 xt and just got it a while back and it was very expensive, but if i need to replace that i could just sell it on ebay. i posted some screen shots at the bottem (from cpuz) so you can see evry detail about my pc. thanks so much -Nick

A:Want to replace my motherboard, processor, and ram need help.

you have another post stating that you want to get another socket-754 processor for you existing motherboard.

now this post states that you want to get a new mobo too?

honestly I would not suggest getting another processor for a socket-754 system because it will still be bottlenecked by the slower hypertransport bus and single channel ram.

if you still want to use your AGP card and still have the ability to uprade to PCI-E in the future, consider this mobo I used it myself until a month ago and it worked great. and it has gotten very good reviews. it also lets you upgrade to AM2 when it eventually is worth it to do so (i.e. K8L)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-replace-my-motherboard-processor-and-ram-need-help.53685/
Relevancy 75.68%

Processor a Main Circuit Board b
2.60 gigahertz Intel Celeron
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
128 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: TriGem Computer, Inc. Imperial 1.01
BIOS: Phoenix 6.00 09/16/2003

Is it possible to put a new/better processor on thes motherboard? Any suggestions?
Thanx, xroads

A:Can I replace Processor on motherboard?

Sure its possible.

What processor are you looking to upgrade to? If you are upgrading to a p4, you should make sure your mobo supports that processor. Give me a little more info on what you are trying to upgrade to. Do you have the mobo book. It should say what processors it supports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-replace-processor-on-motherboard.29260/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have been conscripted to replace a motherboard on an IBM Thinkpad A21e model 2628. IBMs support site has nothing on the procedure. I replaced a motherboard on a Dell laptop about a year ago and their website was quite helpful. If anyone could point me to some resources, it would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Sean

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replace-motherboard-ibm-thinkpad.152280/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, Today i replaced my motherboard of my hp g62 A18-ed. it's my second mb I installed. First one didn'tpower on at all. This motherboard will power on. Wifi led will blink. Fan spins for 5 sec, then stops and after10-15 sec it wil spin again. Screen stays black. Seller guaranteed that this mb is 100% ok and tested before. Tried this MB in a other G62 case, still same problem. Tested with minimum hardware. Only ram, display andpower switch. Seller advised me to use single-sided ram. I think this is not the problem. The ram I use worked on previous MB. Tried other CPU allready. Anybody a solution? Regards, Roy.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/597674-001-motherboard-replace/td-p/5638523
Relevancy 75.68%

I am try to test a Intel Celron 733 (66Mertz) on a Compaq DeskPro EN Small Form Factor with 370 socket (FSB is 100Mertz for Pentium III 500). Bacause Celron is running under 66 Mertz. Will it fry the Processor? Will the motherboard is smart enough to downspeed it to run 66Mertz? I read the Compaq manual that the motherboard it will support both 66/100Mertz. That is another SW to set the Processor Multiper. What multiplier should I use ?

Thanks for the help inadvance.

Relevancy 75.68%

It is a Compaq Presario SR5210NX with a 945gct-hm rev-1.0 b motherboard that is no longer functional. I need to know what motherboard to get and where best to look for it.Also, since I'm replacing it, I was thinking on getting a different processor too. It currently has a Intel Celeron 420.

A:I need to replace the motherboard on my computer.

What makes you so sure the motherboard is bad?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/i-need-to-replace-the-motherboard-on-my-computer/13564.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

So I didn't look on google before I put in a new motherboard and CPU, and now my computer won't boot at all. Even when I try to do a repair installation it always fails when it comes to the reboot bit.

Are there any solutions for this, I don't fancy losing all of my files.

Luke.

A:Motherboard and CPU replace - will not boot

Hi,

If you didn't prepare the drive before the move and also Repair install fails, your options are getting limited. What I would do is install another drive and put your OS on it with a clean install. Then, take the drive with your data on and put it in there as a slave so you could get your data off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/motherboard-and-cpu-replace-will-not-boot-85376.html
Relevancy 75.25%

i ve been attempting to reinstall faulty installation xp windows windows xp on my months old pc using an oem windows xp sp cd that came with the computer this is the first time i ve installed windows on this computer it had previously been installed by the store although i ve successfully installed xp on other computers a half-dozen times before During the installation process - i choose to delete the one partition that existed and create a new one using all the unpartitioned space - after formatting the hd an error message appears saying the a file n nls or something like that could not be copied windows xp faulty installation across firstly i attempted to fix this by cleaning the cd it looks fine but still no luck so now i switch to another windows xp sp cd that came with our other computer and continue - it successfully copies some more files but comes up with the same problem at another file i swap back to the original cd and it now appears to successfully copy across the rest of the files - during the installation process i enter all the settings with no problems and installation continues although it seems to hang for about minutes on quot saving settings quot After installation certain aspects don t appear right - windows loads in the windows theme - accessing the display panel there is no option to switch to the normal windows xp theme - on creating new usernames i notice that there are no images to select as profile pictures just the red x - restarting installing video card drivers does nothing to rectify the situation i reinstalled windows xp again and followed the exact same steps ran into the exact same problems and got the same post-installation result thus i m lead to believe that at some step in the installation either when copying the installation files from cd or during the installing stage that something is getting messed up leading to the problems i m seeing in xp and i m guessing there would be more if i looked for them i don t think that the xp cd looks damaged although i ve never used it before although i find it hard to believe that the other cd is also damaged the cd drive was working well otherwise including reading files just prior to reinstallation and after installing the faulty xp copy can someone please help me out it s been an extremely frustrating process as it takes a few hours to go through the whole xp installation and to troubleshoot steps so does anyone know what the problem might be and how i might fix it Thanks Erebos nbsp

A:windows xp faulty installation

First question what kind of computer is it and or its specs? Anyway sounds like the computer is running in 16 bit. Which leads me to believe that its a video problem.

Did you make any hardware changes before you reinstalled the OS?

Also make sure you have the correct drivers for the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-faulty-installation.839943/
Relevancy 74.82%

Ok so first let me say thank you for any and all help I may receive here THANK YOU In I built my own computer and it worked fine In a three or four years I added ram and no longer had a working computer It got really hot and I put the old back in but damaged motherboard replace new to with older help already damaged help to replace older damaged motherboard with new I tried to buy a new motherboard like the one I had but it was discontinued then So I set my homebuild aside and got a hp at walmart which I help to replace older damaged motherboard with new still use by the way Fast forward to today and I want to get my homebuild working again only better than ever Which is why I am here seeking a good solution to my problem motherboard mb gigabyte ga-ep -ds l p rt cpu intel c q q g m r graphics card vga evga -p -n -ar gs m power supply psu ocz sxs w rt ram mem gx g sk f - cl d- gbnq r hard drive hd g st k m sata st as card reader rosewill rcr- rtl dvd burn asus drw- s t x rt cpu cooler arctic p acfz -pro r windows xp Is there a modern quality motherboard I can just plug in or perhaps this whole setup is so dated that it would be best to just basically start over with modern stuff and maybe reuse some components or maybe not Opinions and advice appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:help to replace older damaged motherboard with new

I don't mean this in a bad way....but that system is about 7 generations old.

The only possible thing that be worth saving might be PSU, but if it was me I'd sell it as is and get what you can outta it and put it towards a new build.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-to-replace-older-damaged-motherboard-with-new.1165107/
Relevancy 74.82%

Wish I d motherboard toast. it is What Emachines with? replace to read the post about the power supply It destroyed my son s motherboard It s a T Emachines told me to replace it with their FIC VG Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with? which is a socket Pentium based on chipset Intel GE FSB MHz Since my son has not backed up his music files he could Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with? just replace it with the VG and everything should work My question is do I have to do that There are some Intel boards that look like they might be better but I m a real novice This is an old machine and I don t want to spend a fortune Do I get a new motherboard CPU or can I just buy a new motherboard and use the old CPU There s an Intel D GEBV S FSB DDR ATX A V WB Intel Pentium processor in a PGA socket with a MHz system bus It s only from Hyper Microsystems Is it okay or should I go for a better model My son is a musician and his girlfriend does lots of graphics Any recommendations would be appreciated Eventually we ll just have to upgrade to a better machine but for now I just want the thing to work nbsp

A:Emachines motherboard is toast. What to replace it with?

I would just get a new system that is upgradable at a later time. I don't want to be biased since I own a Dell but you could go to Walmart and buy a whole new system that can be upgraded a component at a time at a later date. I bought mine from Dell before they were available retail. Just a suggestion:

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...query=dell&ic=24_0&Continue.x=27&Continue.y=5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-motherboard-is-toast-what-to-replace-it-with.81550/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi,

I have a Soltek SL-75LIV motherboard running Win98 (P3 900) & latelty the graphics have been going on it. So I want to replace the video card on it but its one of those fully intergrated motherboards (No agp slot). This particular mother board has 3 PCI master bus slot, 1 ISA slot, & 3 DIMM slots. Can I place a new graphics card in this type of motherboard or does this mean that the whole stytem is no good & I need to buy a new computer. Unfortunately Im not a techie so any info you can give is apprectiated.

Thank you

Relevancy 74.82%

Please advise me what is the proper part number of complete motherboard needed for T61P (6457-5KU) S/N L3Z9650 /08/06 PID 64575KU

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Replace-motherboard-for-T61P-6457-5KU/td-p/3395207
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, I have question about replacing motherboard.. I have motherboard from HP Pavilion 15-N072SG fully working. My friend have Pavilion 15-N207SA which is not working /when he insert the charger, the charger port light illuminates but when he press the power button it does not switch on/ So my question is can I replace motherboard in Pavilion 15-N207SA with a motherboard from  Pavilion 15-N072SG?  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-motherboard-HP-Pavilion-15-N-series/td-p/5613296
Relevancy 74.82%

I need to replace my motherboard hp pavilion . These are the data that I have . Motherboard: DA0LX8MB6D0 REV D
HP SPARE 595131-001
What other devices would serve me ?
Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replace-Motherboard-HP-Pavilion-dv6-3000/td-p/5650949
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a lenovo Y470 laptop and it's beyond warranty. I've done fan cleaning many times and reassemble it back perfectly every time. Now that the laptop is beyond warranty and with a dead motherboards. Since I can't afford a new laptop, is there any chance that I can replace it by myself?
I've surfed online and have found lots of disassembly guides and videos on youtube. So disassembly seems easy for me.
And I've searched a compatible motherboard. Should I order it and replace by myself?
https://www.empowerlaptop.com/p/lenovo-y470-motherboard/ 
I hope there's someone gives me some advice. Thanks in advance.

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity and moved to the proper forum

A:Y470 - Any chance to replace motherboard by myself...

If you are comfortable working inside your laptop then there really isn't any reason not to replace the motherboard.  Just take your time and keep track of all the little screws and where they go.  Personally, I use a muffin tin to keep all the various screws separate.  I mark each bin on the tin with a brief description of where the screws go, example: back cover, keyboard, palm rest, etc.  Also take care when unplugging the various cables.  Some of the connectors on the ribbon cables have different types of release latches. Some slide in while others may flip up.   Your videos will be of assistance with those.

I sure you have it already, but if not here is a link to your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual.  The manual not only offers dis-assembly instructions, but has additional tips and pre-cautions to follow.

https://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User's%20guides%20and%20manuals/Y470Y570/Lenovo%2...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y470-Any-chance-to-replace-motherboard-by-myself/td-p/3383816
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an Emachine #2792 and I think the mother board went out.
I replaced the power supplied with 350w and still can't get it to boot up.
All it does is the light on the front pannel goes on and off really fast, but the
CPU fan runs. I had heard that these machines only last about two years and that is how long I have had it. I would like to know if it would be worth putting in a new mother board. I heard that they do not make the same mother board.
The sep. are: CPU,CELERON 2.7GHZ 478P 128k F400, FDD Model:FDD, SFD-321B/LTGNQ
Old mother board is a IMPERIAL GV-MBEM100979IM
If anyone could help that would be great.

A:Emachine #2792 Replace Motherboard with what?

that is a socket 478 mobo. you can get a good Asus P4P800SE if your case takes a standard sized ATX board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachine-2792-replace-motherboard-with-what.52683/
Relevancy 74.82%

My motherboard is dead (680569-501). I buy a wrong motherboard (680570-001). The new motherboard don't have UEFI and not see my HDD. What can do? Jorge

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-possible-replace-a-hp-680569-501-motherboard-with-hp/td-p/5665488
Relevancy 74.82%

I bought a motherboard for C55B (price was good, good), motherboards C50B found were too expensive. I installed it without problem. This card has no outlet to the fan (I saw it when I bought). This is the first time I see it. I started to test this C55B running but the fan does not start because not connected.
Two questions:
1-Have you seen already motherboards without taking fan on laptops? If so, which then connects to the fan?
2-I took the decision C50B (what I had expected when I bought) and I welded in the space provided on the C55B. I started. Everything is good but the fan does not turn on (the fan is good and my welds too). Opinions?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93875-Motherboard-failed-to-replace-on-Satellite-C50-B-14E
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello.... I need to replace the motherboard on my yoga 1 13 inch.  Is it possiable to replace the motherboard with a yoga 2 or 3?  Thanks in advance 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Can-I-replace-Yoga-1-with-Yoga2-or-3-motherboard/td-p/3414769
Relevancy 74.82%

I need to puchase a new motherboard for my desktop computer.  I think I can install it and hook everything up, I just not sure what to purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-motherboard-would-i-purchase-to-replace-HP-slimline-S5/td-p/5668597
Relevancy 74.82%

I have an Optiplex GX280 Minitower. The motherboard seems to ailing, I suspect as the result of running the BIOS update. Has anyone replaced the Dell board with an ATX board? I realize this is not a drop in but there seems to be plenty of room. Boards are available at around the same price as a refurbished Dell board and don't have the limitations of the Dell board. O/S is not an issue. After the change the only remaining original components would be the case, front I/O assembly and possibly the heatsink. I have a pentium E5400 without a home and would like to use a board that will run it. Thanks. Mike

Relevancy 74.82%

So my lenovo suddenly shutdown after i upgrade my nvidia driver and it wont start at all even when i charge it no led light appear so i send it to technician and said the motherboard is busted but it cost like 600dollar so im asking if anyone know a trusted site to buy a motherbboard from it or trusted sellar i live in iraq so in my country there is no one sell those here i saw in site that they cost 140-200 but the one that cost 200 is used so im confused about how much does the motherboard cost  thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Y50-70-Laptop-Motherboard-Intel-i7-4700HQ-2-4GHz-CPU-LA-B11P-5B20F788...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motherboard-Lenovo-Y50-70-w-Intel-i7-4700HQ-2-4GHz-CPU-5B20F78873/1118695760...

Moderator comment: Bumping more frequently than 3 days unfairly pushes other members' threads downwards. Bumping post(s) removed.

Relevancy 74.39%

I have a seven year old presario 2511EA laptop. She works but she is slow. Norton 2010 running on it does not help. Is there any to speed her up such software, changing cpu speeds ( currently 2.4Ghz P4) or replacng either memory, cpu or whole motherboard ?

A:Should/can I replace motherboard/memory/CPU Presario 2511EA

Motherboard replacements that fit that case are also slow. You are limited by the maximum of 1 GB of pc2700 memory in two 512 MB modules... and it is the memory that makes the biggest difference... Not the CPU speed.
You cannot find a motherboard that will be faster and still fit all the ports and plugs on the case... There are some mighty decent laptops that will be much faster and run at least 2 GB of memory that would be a better choice... Dell, some Acer, Lenovo, Asus... as well as newer Compaqs or HP's.
Prices will be low for the rest of the summer after high school and college graduations are over... and some sellers will give you a significant discount to reduce inventory. The prices will go back up, but with new models that are faster and run 4 GB of memory or more.
Treat yourself to a Windows 7 machine with the potential to run 4 or 8 G B of memory... a quality build will last you anlother seven years.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-can-i-replace-motherboard-memory-cpu-presario-2511ea.147404/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Guys thanks in advance for reading my post I have an Old Gateway Pentium D GHz GB ram DDR GB HD model number that Itís a to Gateway replace Motherboard? possible? native How GT5012 even Gateway GT with a pair of LG Blu Ray Optical Drives How to replace a Gateway GT5012 native Motherboard? Itís that even possible? I am into the blu-ray wagon so I ve been backing up my HD How to replace a Gateway GT5012 native Motherboard? Itís that even possible? documentaries and most important movies and files into Blanks BD media however I ve been having issues with big files and blu ray movies It s How to replace a Gateway GT5012 native Motherboard? Itís that even possible? taking between - hour to burn files of GB Movies like King Kong and Kingdom of Heaven Director s cut will take more than hours I am using DVD Fab and my OS it s the crappy Windows XP Anyway I am trying to do a make over and I know my limitations The specs of my motherboard says clearly that it will not support CPUs other than Pentium Ds or lower No support for Quad cores or core duo Building a new computer it s not an option right now A friend of mine said that upgrading to Windows will fix part of the issue he saids that Windows XP wasn t build for those tasks Here is the question How can I find a compatible mother board that can replace the one I have right now and supports Core duo or Quad cores CPU I want to be able to use the Gateway s PC case and recycle some other components they are in good condition I called Gateway and they said they would not support any upgrade and won t give me any info Thanks in advance for any help that you may provide These are my motherboard specs This is the Intel Cortez G Motherboard Features include Intel G chipset Supports Intel Pentium and Celeron D processors and Pentium D dual core processors LGA socket or MHz system bus Memory support for DDR DDR or DDR MHz DIMMs expandable up to GB Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Integrated Intel High Definition audio using Sigmatel Intel Integrated LAN Two PCI conventional one PCI Express and one PCI Express add-in card slot nbsp

A:How to replace a Gateway GT5012 native Motherboard? It’s that even possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-replace-a-gateway-gt5012-native-motherboard-it%C2%92s-that-even-possible.996620/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,        Just wondering if it's possible to replace the motherboard of my laptop with a higher one? Or just the video card with a GTX and not a GT. Thanks in advance. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-571G-73ZJ) Intel Core i7-5500UNvidia GeForce GT 940M8GB DDR3L 

A:Replace/Upgrade motherboard and video card?

video card is possible but more is not feasible, however checks your video card it is not welded, if welded is not possible to change the video card and if not welded still have more of a problem, you should check your motherboard supports other type of plate to be installed and also if the driver will be compatible with your motherboard. Already the motherboard if the same model that its possible ťe yes replace the motherboard to get a good upgrade, Best Buy and even better that is more viable. I have helped (Used Translator)

Se eu fosse ķtil, um Kudos ť apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como SoluÁ„o se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor.Acer Aspire 5733 - 6668 Core I3 4GB 1066 2X2,HD 500 , Windows 10 Pro Insider 19393.5

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Replace-Upgrade-motherboard-and-video-card/td-p/444828
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there, i have a failed dell 1558 motherboard and i want to replace with a motherboard witch has the same geometry but slightly different serial number . There would be any compatibility issues?

The failed one has serial number : <ADMIN NOTE: serial number removed per privacy policy>
The other mobo has serial number: <ADMIN NOTE: serial number removed per privacy policy>

Thank you in advance!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682818
Relevancy 74.39%

title says it.

the motherboard is a pci express ht2000. I want to upgrade to a 500w power supply, but I've read that certain motherboards will only have room for 20 power connectors and certain power supplies may not work because of that.

In short, I've searched a lot to no avail trying to find out if I can upgrade my power supply. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

A:I want to replace power supply, not sure if motherboard is compatible

Is it an AMD board? AMD SW300?

In any case, replacement power supplies often come with both types. But you could always count them, too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-replace-power-supply-not-sure-if-motherboard-is-compatible.1031996/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,        Just wondering if it's possible to replace the motherboard of my laptop with a higher one? Or just the video card with a GTX and not a GT. Thanks in advance. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro (VN7-571G-73ZJ) Intel Core i7-5500UNvidia GeForce GT 940M8GB DDR3L 

A:Replace/Upgrade motherboard and video card?

video card is possible but more is not feasible, however checks your video card it is not welded, if welded is not possible to change the video card and if not welded still have more of a problem, you should check your motherboard supports other type of plate to be installed and also if the driver will be compatible with your motherboard. Already the motherboard if the same model that its possible ťe yes replace the motherboard to get a good upgrade, Best Buy and even better that is more viable. I have helped (Used Translator)

Se eu fosse ķtil, um Kudos ť apreciar e lembre-se de marcar Aceitar como SoluÁ„o se o seu problema foi resolvido . Conhecimento adquirido deve ser compartilhado pois assim podemos fazer este mundo Melhor

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Replace-Upgrade-motherboard-and-video-card/td-p/444828/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 74.39%

I need help finding what would replace a imperial GLVE motherboard for a emachines T2385 Please help

A:What would replace a trigen imperial GLVE motherboard?

you have an OEM system and there is no guarantee that its case conforms to industry standards and will fit a standard motherboard. but you can still try... what is the current configuration of your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-replace-a-trigen-imperial-glve-motherboard.55155/
Relevancy 74.39%

HI.I'M FROM RUSSIA . I have HP 255 G3 LOCKED master PASSWORD BIOS . TECH SUPPORT SENT ME THE CODE HE WAS NOT EFFECTIVE THEN THEY CONSULTED WITH SENIOR MANAGEMENT AND GIVEN THE ANSWER ... JUST HAVE TO CHANGE THE MOTHERBOARD AND IT WILL NOT BE FREE EVEN IF THE LAPTOP IS OUT OF WARRANTY . HE'S ONLY SIX MONTHS , IT HAPPENED A SECOND TIME , IT COULD BE A FACTORY DEFECT , THE FIRST TIME I TRIED THE PASSWORD SEVERAL TIMES AND IT WAS SUCCESSFUL . IN THEIR VIDEO TRAINING ANOTHER COUNTRY, I GET REDIRECTED TO RUSSIA.CAN THAT WILL ADVISE?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/to-replace-the-motherboard-because-of-the-BIOS-lock-password/td-p/5828920
Relevancy 73.53%

What if I replace the motherboard with the exact same model BUT change processors? Will I have any issues?
Was in the process of updating the bios. Not sure what I did wrong but it's dead. Have to send it back to super micro. I ordered an identical motherboard. But was updating the bios so I could switch from a quad core westmere chip to a hex.
Everything I have read states the OS is married to the motherboard (Win7 64 OEM). So if I get away with no issues from the motherboard swap, will the processor swap give me issues.
My system is a dual boot ubuntu 64/Win7 setup. I don't want to reinstall if I can help it. Advice would be appreciated.

(thanks admins for correcting this. Didn't mean to hijack that other thread)

A:Replace motherboard with exact same model BUT change processor?

you should not have any problems with Win7 even if its an OEM version. MS can reset if you have to call don't worry, just call them and explain what happened they are not going to crawl through the phone line and tear your head off or anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/172510-replace-motherboard-exact-same-model-but-change-processor.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My Laptop is out of warranty and does not power on. No response to any attempt to start it.
I approached Dell Technical Support which guided me to go to local technician. He could not repair the laptop.
Then I went to Authorized Dell Service Centre in Gurgaon, India. There after initial diagnostics I was informed that the PPID tag on the motherboard was missing and so they can not replace the motherboard. I approached them again and verified with the Technical support yet no help.
The only solution offered was to sell the laptop when a simple replacement can easily solve the issuee. All this is being prevented by a small piece of PPID tag gone missing!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995483
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

Anybody knows or have tried changing your motherboard model DV2000 series DV2022TX part number 417035-001 with 417036-001? My motherboard has a GPU problem nvidia, so i'm thinking if i can replace with motherboard 417036-001. Since 417036-001 is using intel chipset rather than 417035-001 is using nvidia GPU which has a lot of problems with blank screen etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dv2022tx-motherboard-original-417035-001-replace-with-417036-001.994050/
Relevancy 73.53%

Looks like I'm gonna need to replace the mobo and I need some guidance on how to remove the liquid-cooling apparatus. The heatsink has some copper tubing that carries the coolant to and from the "radiator" which is located in the higher compartment. There must be a trick to it. I have searched but cannot seem to find a manual.

Can anyone here help me with this?

TIA,

MisterMike

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-vgc-ra825-replace-motherboard-question.1049557/
Relevancy 73.53%

I was experimenting with my brothers desktop It seemed need find corrupted motherboard? new chip or do replace to BIOS a I like it was running well Still one of his drives an SATA Samsung wasn t displaying it s icon on the my computer screen that shows you which devices are attached Either he accidently shorted the drive cause he refused to use a surge suppressor Still the main drive worked o k Sadly his desktop was purchased used So the seller had no recovery disks or an original Vista Pro operating system disk in the event the files became corrupt I recall his system started having problems after I installed HandBrake to convert video to mp I also installed DVD to decrypt movie discs I m not sure if those warez were compatible with Vista My brother had installed an EVGA gtx PCI-e graphics which BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard? I updated the drivers for it He mainly wanted it for gaming and editing video I BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard? had read that updating the bios chipset drivers could increase performance and eliminate hardware incompatibilities I think his OS was an OEM version which sucks Finally using my neighbors Wi-Fi I went to the chipset maker to update his motherboard chipset drivers and or bios update or firmware i m confused The site had an BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard? online updater to assist with the install The motherboard developer was MSI so I went directly to their site I knew there was risk updating the firmware but I decided to take the risk It started updating it automatically backed up the current bios firmware Then cautioned to proceed with the install It then went into a very awkward GUI screen the program initiated After that happened all functionality was lost no way to exit Some status bar was filling up So I let it run it s course for several hours I noticed on-screen some cheap colored bars some program text and the status bar seemed like it froze up I wasn t sure if it was still connected to the wifi network If my neighbor turned off his router or the adapter was still communicating Reason why I tried this method of updating Was because my brothers PC lacked a fully functional floppy drive There was no floppy drive installed I somehow felt that if I shutdown the PC it would be bricked I was right in bricked no video or post messages or DOS like screens I could turn it on but not shut it down I had to switch the power supply main switch to off So then I thought would replacing the mother board with the exact same model and connecting the hard drive and other components allow the PC to boot into Windows Vista or can the bios chip be reprogrammed The board no longer is sold by MSI it s a P Neo MS v Is it any easy task replacing the seated bios chip And if I managed to replaced or have installed by a skilled technician would the OS recognize the motherboard and bootup Since it s an OEM it could detect the chip and unauthorize access unless someone hacked the system That I could never do myself nbsp

A:BIOS corrupted do I need to replace chip or find a new motherboard?

Sounds pretty bad...You would need to swap out the bios chip with a working one temporarily.

Read this and this.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-corrupted-do-i-need-to-replace-chip-or-find-a-new-motherboard.149866/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, i have been reformatting my PC for quite sometime and before, it ran and was completed SUCCESSFULLY. But now, when i try to reinstall my OS, it installs quite "well" or so i thought meaning, the OS completed installation with no errors or problems being reported but as i use the FRESHLY formatted PC, it starts to slow down meaning the processor can't seem to handle the same work as it did before, data transfer rate slowed down dramatically, some programs fails to install perfectly, audio not working, startup/shutdown slower, etc., which is totally not the way it used to behave before.

Sys info:
AMD Athlon XII 245 x2 proci
Hitachi 500gb SATA 7200rpm
Kingston 2gb DDR3 ram
hp dvd read/writer SATA

installation media:
copied bootable dvd iso 1yr old

scanned with avg with no threats detected.

Thanks in advance for all who'll help. :-)

A:Windows 7 suspected faulty installation media or process

Replace the AVG crapware, which is recommended by no one here, with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Did you follow closely the steps to get a perfect Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Factory OEM - which are the same for retail? Pay close attention to how drivers are handled in Win7 which is different than XP.

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
starting with a Clean Boot, hardware tests, logs, Solutions, drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/248238-windows-7-suspected-faulty-installation-media-process.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Your authorized repair center at Bestbuy just notified me that I need the motherboard and DC Jack replaced on my HP ENVY. Model # provided above. They are returning since they were unable to get parts for this model. and stated I would need HP to repair  Envy will not power on and has power issues. I would like to know approximate costs of this repair before moving forward.  Since it has been diagnosed and repairs needed outlined by your authorized repair center can you let me know what cost would be to have HP make repair.  Also provide address to send device to for repair. It is not under warranty.  Thank you. 

A:repair cost to replace motherboard and dc jack on Envy Noteb...

Hi, I think they could not find it due to no available part any where even at HP part store:        http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=782619-501 And no part list available:       http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=J9K65UA It is mentioned on page 64 of the Maintenance and Service Guide once. I did try eBay, Amazon and blank. This forum is for you and me. Please contact HP in your country for help. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/repair-cost-to-replace-motherboard-and-dc-jack-on-Envy/td-p/5754553
Relevancy 72.67%

I am thinking about upgrading my computer by purchasing higher RAM, a higher capacity Hard Drive, Etc, but I wanted to ask should I upgrade my computer with the Motherboard that I currently have or should I purchase a new motherboard and then upgrade that one? I am worried that if I purchase RAM now, It wont be compatible with another motherboard if I need another type.

Please help!

A:Solved: Should I continue to upgrade or should I replace my Gigabyte GA-8IK1100 Motherboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-should-i-continue-to-upgrade-or-should-i-replace-my-gigabyte-ga-8ik1100-motherboard.563813/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,
I own a Vostro 3550 with i5-2410M, however the mainboard is apparently defective - the notebook is not starting anymore. Now I have the opportunity to buy a second Vostro 3550 and I intend to use the parts for repairing my own Vostro, however this one has only an i3-2310M CPU. Question: is the motherboard the same and I can use this for exchanging or have both version different montherboards?
Thanks and regards,Joachim

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996512
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there Recently there was internet mobile removing Windows 3 Recovery connection since virus faulty a Windows Recovery virus on my PC which I removed by installing and running the RKill program following advice I found online After that I could not use the Connect program to connect to the internet when I tried I got an error message saying 'The connection attempt failed 3 mobile internet connection faulty since removing Windows Recovery virus Please make sure your device is connected to your computer and that your settings 3 mobile internet connection faulty since removing Windows Recovery virus are 3 mobile internet connection faulty since removing Windows Recovery virus correct Would you like to attempt to connect again now ' It still would not connect even after I'd checked that the dongle was plugged in and working etc etc and once open the Connect program could only be closed by ending it via the task manager I found that I could connect without the Connect program by selecting Start gt Connect to gt and then choosing ' Connect Dial-up connection' This connects via my wireless dongle and not via a dial-up as the description suggests My problem now is that the connection is unreliable clicking on the taskbar icon featuring two little computer screens one behind the other sorry I don't know what it's called sometimes shows 'Access Local and internet' but sometimes 'Access Local only' After searching for solutions online I tried to resolve the problem using Microsoft's 'Fix it' program found at Windows Vista cannot obtain an IP address from certain routers or from certain non-Microsoft DHCP servers This failed so I tried to fix it manually following the steps described on the same webpage The problem is that the manual solution requires locating the registry subkey 'HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters Interfaces GUID ' - and my computer's registry seems to have no entry called GUID Searching the registry using the CTRL F function didn't find it anywhere else either If anyone has any suggestions for how to resolve the problem I'd be very grateful Rebecca

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/3-mobile-internet-connection-faulty-since-removing-windows-recovery-virus-582810.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I purchased a sony vaio VISTA vgnww130j/s in October as my computer died. It came with a free upgrade to windows 7 which I have done.

I would like to replace the recovery partition with windows 7 so that I don't have to carry around the upgrade CD's and make system restore a longer process than it needs to be.

Sony says that you can remove the recovery partition but not change it.

I am even willing to purchase a new windows 7 full install cd/dvd just to be able to do this, even though I already own a license.

Any constructive thoughts?

A:replace vaio recovery partition with windows 7

Hi and welcome to TSF here are some links to info,I have not tried this so cannot confirm anything http://en.kioskea.net/faq/4093-windo...very-partition
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/windows...on-326120.html
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...a-a71836c469d4
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...indows+7&meta=

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/replace-vaio-recovery-partition-with-windows-7-a-461913.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello guys. In some days I will buy a new motherboard not the same with the old one. My question is do I have to uninstall the drivers from the old motherboard and how can I do it?

A:New motherboard installation

Motherboards do not store Drivers. They are kept on the hard drive and are part of the operating system.
If you are referring to settings in the BIOS-they are part of the motherboard and are not an issue either.
In changing motherboards it is wise to do a Clean Install of Windows 7. That way only the drivers needed to run the motherboard (LAN, sound, video, etc) chipset will be installed fresh. We usually use the opportunity to install a new hard disc when doing a rebuild, but that is a personal thing.
Finally-if you want to clear the BIOS on the old motherboard, you can use its clearing pins and/or remove the battery for a period of time. Check the manual for the board to see how this is done in your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/320494-new-motherboard-installation.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Dell is saying that I need a new motherboard and they will send out a serviceman to install it (I think). We have extended warranty and I am glad we do.

My question is if a new one is installed, does that mean I have to back up all my files, programs, addresses, etc.?

What should I do in preparation for this new installation?

Thank you.

Cheryl

A:New Motherboard Installation

Before you (or anyone else) installs a new motherboard, i recommend you back up anything that you consider precious. There is a very good chance that you will be reinstalling windows. If you dont, it tends to act finicky and tends to crash a lot. So basically what I am saying is, prepare to start from scratch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-installation.231337/
Relevancy 68.8%

My PS2 port went bad and with my particular computer model I had to have a new motherboard installed. After the installation, I was not able to play any music on my computer. What could be the problem?

A:New Motherboard installation

You don't have a sound card or onboard sound?

Did you install sound drivers for the new board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-installation.188667/
Relevancy 68.8%

I just bought an Asrock P4I45GV R5 motherboard and 2.4 Intel Celeron Processor. I installed the new motherboard and CPU. I turned on the computer and it started to boot up but it turns itself off immediately. What am I missing? Everything seems to be plugged in the right place, what could be causing the computer to shut itself off?

Please help.

A:Motherboard installation

Make sure nothing is shorting. Look for the MB in contact with the case.
If you don't see anything trying the MB sitting outside the case may be necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-installation.258132/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey Fellow Computroids!!

Can anyone send me a link to a How to Install a New Motherboard, New CPU, and New Memory" site or document.

I just installed a Intel DH87RL Motherboard with an Intel Core i7-4770K Quad Core Processor and two 8GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1600Mhz 240pin DDR3 memory sticks (16GB kit).

Either I have started drinking or Intel's website is confusing and I can't pin down what I am looking for.

My Hard Drive has Windows 7 Ultimate 64. All I can do is turn on the machine and get a nice Intel Logo that lasts for about 10 seconds. The computer will then reboot and do the same thing again, forever.

I know I need some drivers but where, how, and which ones??

I probably have over-extended my PC experience on this one. If any one can help me out, it would certainly be much appreciated.

Tim

A:Help with a new motherboard installation...

Check out this video.
I don't know if you can install drivers (without special tools) in existing OS before it loads.
Can you boot from windows installation media?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-a-new-motherboard-installation.1101604/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All!
I just recently ordered a new motherboard/processor/ram combination to upgrade my computer!
I'm wondering if there is anything that I need to do inside the operating systems
before I put the motherboard/cpu/ram in my computer and take the old out.

My computer right now has the following specs:

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
AMD Atholon XP 2800+
2 GB (1GB+512MB+512MB) DDR ram
ATi Radeon X1600XT (AGP 8x)
Two HDD (80&160), XP SP3 on 80GB; Vista on 50GB of 160GB

After this upgrade computer will have the following specs:

GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H
AMD Atholon X2 6000+ (3.1GHz)
2 GB (1GB+1GB) DDR2 ram
ATi Radeon HD3200 (integrated)
Two HDD (80&160), XP SP3 on 80GB; Vista on 50GB of 160GB

Are there any things I need to shutdown? I'm at a complete loss when it comes to these kinds of installations...

Thanks!

Relevancy 68.8%

I just recently purchased a computer case that has built in metal risers. With the motherboard installed on top of these risers it fits pefectly and matches up with the I/O cover. If I use the brass risers it lifts the motherboard to high to connect to the I/O cover. I tried installing an old motherboard that was working previously in the case and it no longer powers on. Green light comes on but no power. The power supply still will power up other motherboards that I have. I'm assuming I shorted the board. I have a new motherboard that I would like to install in this case but don't want to risk shorting this one. Has anyone built any computers with these type of metal risers built in to the computer case? Do I need some plastic stand offs or what? Please help.

A:Motherboard Installation

anyone have any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation.31344/
Relevancy 68.8%

We have a Gigabyte 8inxp motherboard, 512mb (2 x 256) ddr 2100 ram, Intel P4 2.4ghz cpu, 450 watt power supply which is compatible with the cpu, G-force 2mx 32mb vid' card. We have power but there is nothing coming through on the monitor. We've interchanged the video card, memory, hard drive & the ide cables with another computer but we're still getting the same problem. All the power cables are inserted and we only have one hard drive (correct jumper settings) and video card connected when testing. If it supports 8x video cards would it be giving us problems with a Gforce 2 (32 & 64 cards)?

Thanks

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all, going to install new motherboard, does anything in windows 'add/remove programs' need to be removed before installing new software for the new motherboard? thanks

A:New motherboard installation

If you are going to reuse the Windows installation on the new motherboard, you will need to do an XP repair (i assume this is the OS). No, no programs need to be removed.

The hardware is so different, most likely it will not boot and possibly trash the XP installation, so you need to install the new mobo, enter the bios and set the date and time, make any custom changes you need, save changes and exit. Do not let it try to boot from the hard drive, boot from the XP CD and do a repair install, this will remove all the old hardware drivers, once the repair is done, boot into windows and install all your new motherboard drivers, starting with the chipset driver.
Scroll down to "Replace a Failed Motherboard" for the proceedure

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824125

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-installation.915189/