Windows Support Forum

Precision Tower 7910 Bios Update

Q: Precision Tower 7910 Bios Update

I am on Bios A09 on my Precision Tower 7910. I see A12 is released. Anyone update?
A month ago, A10 was available for a day and they pulled it. I did download it, but did not install it. They never posted A11, but now have A12 listed as recommended. A11 is listed as previous versions, but A10 is not. So I assume A12 has the fixes in A10, A11, and A12. Just wondering if I should go from A09 to A12.
My System has Dual Intel Xeon Processor E5-2630 v3 (8C HT, 20MB Cache, 2.4 GHz Turbo).
A11 notes Fixes & Enhancements

Enhanced the Memory Mapped IO to automatically map the correct amount of Memory for PCI devices depending on the user configuration, thus the previous setup option for Small and Large has been removed.
Removed the Fastboot setup option.
A12 notes Fixes & Enhancements:

Adds support for Broadwell (v4) CPUs

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Precision Tower 7910 Bios Update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Precision Tower 7910 Bios Update

I only install a systems bios update to address a specific issue I may be facing. Are you currently having issues with this desktop?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682220
Relevancy 81.53%

Have on ongoing issue with installing this driver.  To be honest, I can't remember if the problem occurred as the computer was originally factory configured but, it occurred with Win 8.1 and now Win 10.  In the past when using Dell Optimizer to update, Optimizer never saw the driver as updated.  Presently, with the use of Command Update, Command Update sees my system as updated but, the support website does not see this driver as updated.  Additionally, despite updating through the website, Device Manager says I have version ending in 1160 but, the website says I should have 1163.
For the most part, the system runs like a charm but, there are a few recurrent hiccups.  I don't see anyone else in the forum with this issue.  Would like to know why its occurring and what to do about it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985498
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi,
Last night i was updating the bios on this 3620 and it froze at 100%, after 30 minutes or so i forced to reboot.
Now always as an Amber light blinking when i connect the power cable and only the fan starts to spin for a few seconds and turn off in a loop.
I already try CMOS reset - nothing
Jumper in service mode - nothing
Is there any way to flash a bios from an USB drive. I've been reading a lot of foruns and all talk of some switch /writeromfile but doesn't work on this dell bios setup.
Does any one have an idea for me to try?

Thank you very much

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19983091
Relevancy 87.29%

Hello Dell Community,

Where can i find out what combinations of ram i can install in my Precision? Thanks!

A:RAM combinations on Precision 7910

I found this but if some one has something better, let me know
http://www.dell.com/en-us/work/learn/assets/shared-content~data-sheets~en/documents~dell_precision_tower_7000_series_7910_spec_sheet.pdf?newtab=true

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994843
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a video problem involving the Precision Rack We have five of these computers that will be installed in a remote data center so that means that local access will be extremely limited The software that we will be using Wirecast requires the use of the video card Nvidia Quadro NVS processing power in order to operate The data center has ldquo crash-carts rdquo that provide temporary emergency access via the rsquo s front panel VGA and USB connectors We would like to be able to make use of the iDRAC cards in the computers Here rsquo s the problem If there are no monitors connected to the GPU at power on the BIOS assumes that you won rsquo t be using the card so it is not available for the OS Wirecast software nbsp If you disable the embedded video controller in BIOS the Nvidia No 7910 Precision Rack Monitor, GPU becomes available even if no monitors are connected nbsp Unfortunately that means that the front panel VGA connector is unavailable and the Virtual Console Viewer from the iDRAC is blank Our current work-around is to connect a KVM to one of the mDP ports on the Nvidia GPU card This satisfies the need for a monitor connection and allows both the GPU and embedded VGA to operate nbsp This solution requires additional rack space and more cables cluttering up the inside of the server cabinet Is there some sort of configuration item or script that could be run that would activate the GPU without any monitors or KVM attached Or maybe some other way some sort of plug nbsp to trick the card into thinking that there is a monitor attached Natassia

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986238
Relevancy 79.12%

Ubuntu pre-install Change the System BIOS - gt Boot setting - gt Boot mode- gt nbsp from UEFI to BIOS Save and exit Ubuntu x support UEFI and did install ok Change to BIOS if you have a problem nbsp Post installation setup In a terminal Login to root with I m a RedHat OS user sudo su Get update list nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp apt-get update nbsp Install ssh server nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp apt-get install openssh server nbsp Upgrade Nvidia drivers if Nvidia graphics card is installed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp sudo su if not in supper user nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp add-apt-repository ppa graphics-drivers ppa nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp apt-get update nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ubuntu-drivers autoinstall nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp reboot nbsp Update system nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp sudo su nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Desktop NVIDIA installing on K620 controler 14.04 Precision with or and 16.xx DELL RAID 7910 RACK Ubuntu Quadra apt-get update nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Download latest updates nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp apt-get upgrade nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Install updates nbsp nbsp installing Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.xx Desktop on DELL Precision RACK 7910 with NVIDIA Quadra K620 and RAID controler nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp apt-get dist-upgrade nbsp VNC server if needed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Install X VNCServer from Ubuntu Software Center just enter on search line

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19992487
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a brand new to me refurbished Precision M that I purchased from Dell This laptop came with Windows Pro bit OS Gb ram gig HD bios is A I have plans to install a larger hard drive Gb Ram and Widows Pro bit OS The reason for OS change is because I have heard that the bit version will not recognize more than Gb of ram The first day that I had it the machine would not wake up from hibernation I checked online and found out that update will not Bios Precision M4500 A07 A08 to from this is one of reasons for the A version bios According to bios update instructions I am supposed to install A before jumping to A which is the latest version I have downloaded and tried to install the A several times now I have tried to Precision M4500 Bios will not update from A07 to A08 run as administrator and every other way that I can think of except for a bootable DOS flash drive which I do not yet have The executable starts and I get yes or no dialog from Widows also get warning to close programs from update exe click OK then nothing happens The bios is not password protected because I am able to access it on boot without a password I am new to this forum and hope that I have posted in the right area Any help that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated I did not get a warranty with this refurbished laptop so I am left to my own devices I have read in another laptop forum about someone else who is having the same problem with the same machine I am tempted to just do the jump to A but I am afraid that I might render the system inoperable Thank you for any input that you might have

A:Precision M4500 Bios will not update from A07 to A08

Hi VisionFire,

Thanks for the post. I would first suggest checking in the BIOS currently installed on your system if the Signed Firware update (opt in) in the BIOS can be found under the security settings and is listed as "Signed Firmware Update". Once this feature is turned on, it cannot be disabled.
If this setting is enabled the system will checks all BIOS updates are dell signed prior to completing installation, If for some reason the .exe file is not signed or corrupted, the installation will fail.

If the setting is disabled. Have you been able to try reinstalling A07 or even flashing back to a previous version before upgrading to A08?

If the setting is enabled. I would suggest downloading the A08 file again to make sure the version already downloaded was not corrupted in its original download.   

For more information on the signed driver settings and BIOS updates see below:

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/04/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=533168

1.       Please note that if the A01 BIOS is currently installed on your system you must first apply the P02 patch (M4500P02.EXE) before upgrading to this BIOS. P02 BIOS link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails?driverId=R271142

2.       Please note that if the A07 or before A07 BIOS is currently installed on your system you must first update to A08 BIOS and then flash to the latest A-rev BIOS. A08 BIOS link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails?driverId=J2M4W

3.       Please note that if the A09 or before A09 BIOS is currently installed on your system you must first update to A10 BIOS and then flash to the latest A-rev BIOS. A10 BIOS link: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails?driverId=R3GXK

Regards,

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19588930
Relevancy 71.81%

I installed M4600 Booting Not Update after Precision BIOS - BIOS update A to my M and after it went to the system will no longer POST No dell logo no ability to get into BIOS The hard drive light is bright white and the battery light next to it flashes White once then times amber then white again plus times amber and repeats for a few more times before just settling on non-stop flashing amber Pulled and swapped the memory and the hard drive tried it with and without the battery also pulled the CMOS battery Again no video on the screen no Dell logo no POST no fans on nothing activity wise other than those flashing lights when I turn it on I m thinking something went wrong with the BIOS update even it looked like it completed successfully and I ve done hundreds of these to various Dell laptops over the years Any ideas what I should try next I can t find that solid white HD flashing amber Battery diagnostic code anywhere in any documentation or online so I don t even know where to begin Plus it s not under Precision M4600 - Not Booting after BIOS Update warranty anymore which angers me because it appears the only reason my laptop has been bricked is because I dared install the A update that was helpfully published right there on Dell s support page

A:Precision M4600 - Not Booting after BIOS Update

The exact same thing just happened to me. This is messed up.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682428
Relevancy 70.95%

I am new to the forum and this is my first post nbsp Just wanted to give a heads up on an issue I recently discovered nbsp I haven t found much on this I guess Precision BIOS Mobile failure 7710 update 1.4.8 because Mobile Precision 7710 BIOS update 1.4.8 failure the system is still pretty new I received a brand new Precision and the first thing I do is complete all Windows updates and do any driver updates that need to be done Here are the laptop specs Computer nbsp Mobile Precision BIOS Version nbsp OS Version nbsp Microsoft Windows Professional bitManufacturer Intel R Xeon R CPU E - M v GHzClock Speed GhzL Cache Size quot UltraSharp UHD IGZO x Wide View Anti-Glare LE D-backlit Cell Whr Long Life Cycl e Lithium Polymer battery W AC Adapter GB x G MHz DDR MemoryAMD FirePro W M GB GDDR TB inch SATA Solid State Drive MPWSWin Pro SP No Media bit O pti ENGIntel Dual Band Wireless ac W BluetoothIntel Xeon E - M with Smart Card and Thunderbolt I received this laptop on Monday March saw that there were approx or driver updates on dell com support I chose to download all updates to the desktop and update from there as I always do I saved the bios update for the next day March as I wanted to be in my office to do this update nbsp I am well aware you can easily turn your laptop into a brick if the update goes south I come in and begin the update via the nbsp Precision X exe on the desktop I had downloaded from dell com support for the service tag of my laptop nbsp The progam runs and all looks normal nbsp After about mins the bios update is complete Laptop reboots and nbsp I come to a Windows Boot Manager Screen with the following error Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause File EFI Microsoft Boot BCD Status nbsp xc Info An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data At this point when you would reboot there was no dell splash screen and the only thing you could access was the boot menu by pressing F nbsp Trying to get into the bios by pressing F only brought you to a black screen After much troubleshooting with various ways of trying to boot I found that if I changed the boot config to UEFI with secure boot On and reboot I would get a screen full of snow nbsp So I rebooted and started pressing F I got into the bios but could only see a few inches of the bios nbsp Like this After a lot of google searching I was finally able to find some instruction on this per user MustangChris at the following website http forum notebookreview com threads next-generation-dell-precision-mobile-workstations-press-release page- His instructions were as follows quot I was able to recover from the colored snow by repeatedly hitting F at boot until you could see the BIOS behind all the snow The screen remained with the colored snow but you can see in the attached photo there was about an inch of workable screen With that I went to the BIOS used the arrow keys to go to the Video option and then expanded it to the switchable graphics option and disabled switchable graphics Once Video is highlighted expand the tree and highlight switchable graphics Then the keystrokes to disable switchable graphics is as follows TABENTERTABTABENTERENTERESCThat should then restart with switchable graphics disabled quot Once I followed his directions the laptop rebooted saw the dell splash screen and booted on into windows nbsp I did reboot back into the bios to disable UEFI with secure boot on nbsp In the end it was all a moot point nbsp Prior to learning the above intruction I had already called the unit in on service nbsp The tech came out and replaced the mother board and ended up with the same result and I had encountered on the first go around nbsp The tech called dell and they are currently doing a system exchange However I couldn t let it go without further troubleshooting nbsp So I am posting this here to hopefully help in preventing someone having to make a call to dell In my opinion there is something f... Read more

A:Mobile Precision 7710 BIOS update 1.4.8 failure

Wow! You saved me.
I had the exact same issue with the 7710 and the 1.4.8 BIOS.  Motherboard replacement was scheduled for tomorrow.  
I did a search found your post and now my machine is back in business.  No replacement necessary.
Thank you for troubleshooting this and posting the solution.
This is what the Internet is all about.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19680135
Relevancy 70.95%

I just got a used M4600, and the currently installed bios is A08. When I try to update to A16, it restarts, says it's updating firmware, but fails at 0%. It gives no reason, and no error code as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide.

A:Bios update failed - Dell Precision M4600

That is NOT the issue! There is nothing wrong with the M4600 motherboards per se.
Everybody has been trying to find why when trying a BIOS upgrade, the system immediately fails with a basic "BIOS Update Failed" and no specific error code or more explanation. The answer is in the PDF document below - that is the message displayed when BIOS authentication fails!
You just have to look up the Dell Signature Firmware 'feature' that was introduced into a number of laptop incl the M4600.  Download PDF doc. That was a feature introduced per NIST requirements.
In a nutshell, they changed the way BIOS authenticates a BIOS file before it will use it to update the BIOS & EC firmware. The M4600 is in the list of "Legacy Systems" where this was introduced. Basically, these systems did NOT have the Signature Firmware when produced. 
Version A04 introduced this feature. After you install that, you will have an option to turn the Signature Firmware requirement On (default is Off). Once turned On, it can NOT be turned off! 
The problem starts in BIOS ver A08. Something in the code is wrong. Because on some M4600s it updates the BIOS AND Activates the Signature Firmware requirement. After that, the system will NOT authenticate ANY other BIOS versions so you will NOT be able to upgrade past version 8!
I manage many, many systems for a company. I am currently sitting on 33 (yes, that many) M4600 with that exact same situation!
A motherboard swap does not correct the issue; all it does is give you a new BIOS chip to mess around with. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19564156
Relevancy 67.94%

We have a Dell Precision Tower 3620 and have purchased a firepro W7000 to install. only problem is the 6 Pin connector provided by dell has a different pin arrangement. the middle top pin as you look at the plug is square instead of the usual rounded corner pin so will not go into the socket.
Anyone know why this would be?
Thanks
Aaron

A:Dell Precision Tower 3620 GPU 6 PIN

The only video cards validated in the Precision T3620 did not need the power supply lead. So this may be why the 290w PSU is lacking the correct cable? Perhaps another Precision T3620 can open their case and also check the PSU cabling.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19682569
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Precision Tower 3620 recently acquired and I am installing a BARCO MXRT 7500 video board. This board need a 8 pins connector to the supply the operating voltages. 
The power supply does not have this connector and its capacity is only 290 watts. In order to supply the video board and increase the capacity and want to change by other power supply.
I want to know if DELL has a large power supply that include this 8 pins connector for use whit this 3620 tower? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984255
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Dell Precision 5810 Tower with a 475W PS. I also have a GTX 1080 that sits in it, but when booting I get a message that not enough power is being supplied to the video card.Has anyone gotten a 1080 to work in a 5810, and if so, what did you do? Anyone know of a replacement PS? I would replace the power supply if I knew what type to get, but it appears to not be the standard size PS.
There's an 8-pin power connector on the 1080, but there seems to be no place to plug it in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989460
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Dell Precision Tower 3620 that was purchased May 2016. I'm looking to use the Thunderbolt capability but can't find the addin card that I'm supposed to use. This unit was advertised as having Thunderbolt capability but I can't seam to find how to take advantage of it.
Thanks
Jason

A:Dell Precision Tower 3620 Thunderbolt

It looks like its an add-on card that you purchased with your build.  If you didn't select it at time of purchase, then it didn't come with it.  You can always buy a PCIe add on card yourself and throw it in the computer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995187
Relevancy 66.65%

Does anyone know an adapter with two display ports that fits into this Dell Precision T7610 CTO Base, that also have a very good quality?

A:Dell Precision T7610 CTO Base (Tower Workstation)

Here is the spec for the T7610 from the Dell manual, it doesn't relate to the "CTO Base".
Discrete (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16)

T7610
up to 4 full-height, full length (maximum of 600 W)

This suggests you can use many different video cards. . You say "display ports". What are you referring to? "DVI", "VGA" or the actual newer Display port interface?

Dell also has a support forum, staffed by mostly users like this forum. That is another alternative for specific Dell hardware help.
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/325788-dell-precision-t7610-cto-base-tower-workstation.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I ve been deploying windows for quite some time without issue with MDT nbsp I m generally familiar MDT, Storage Windows 7: Tower 5810, (IASTORA.SYS) Precision Drivers with storage driver issues but this machine has me stumped After successfully booting to PXE windows PE environment and loading the image Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) to the drive I keep getting hit with the quot Windows failed to start IASTORA SYS xc Required file in missing or corrupt quot error on the first reboot nbsp nbsp -So it appears the wrong storage driver is loading I have done the following I have realized the machine name changed from Precision T to Tower So my driver selection profile is correct Driver selection profile is both the CAB as well as files loaded from the service tag page -I ve attempted to scale back older drivers thinking that perhaps an older bad copy is loading nbsp I think I m loading v I ve injected drivers into the WIM image using DISM just in case including the Samsung NMVe drivers I ve attempted to use windows repair -it can t find the issue also loaded drivers there without helpful results Drivers I think are the intel drivers with Plug and Play ID VEN nbsp nbsp DEV D -I verified this because I can load windows using the recovery DVD and there I saw the storage drivers loaded For everything above I have cycled between SATA emulation ATA ACHI RAID BIOS looks good I think Secure boot is off legacy options on Nothing umping out at me It s driving me batty

A:Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS)

Denver_80211,Did you downloaded the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and install it into the system?  Click the link to download drivers on the Precision  5810.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19994460
Relevancy 65.79%

I ve been deploying windows for quite some time without issue with MDT nbsp I m generally 7: Storage Tower Precision 5810, Windows (IASTORA.SYS) MDT, Drivers familiar with storage driver issues but this machine has me stumped After successfully booting to PXE Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) windows PE environment and Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) loading Precision Tower 5810, MDT, Windows 7: Storage Drivers (IASTORA.SYS) the image to the drive I keep getting hit with the quot Windows failed to start IASTORA SYS xc Required file in missing or corrupt quot error on the first reboot nbsp nbsp -So it appears the wrong storage driver is loading I have done the following I have realized the machine name changed from Precision T to Tower So my driver selection profile is correct Driver selection profile is both the CAB as well as files loaded from the service tag page -I ve attempted to scale back older drivers thinking that perhaps an older bad copy is loading nbsp I think I m loading v I ve injected drivers into the WIM image using DISM just in case including the Samsung NMVe drivers I ve attempted to use windows repair -it can t find the issue also loaded drivers there without helpful results Drivers I think are the intel drivers with Plug and Play ID VEN nbsp nbsp DEV D -I verified this because I can load windows using the recovery DVD and there I saw the storage drivers loaded For everything above I have cycled between SATA emulation ATA ACHI RAID BIOS looks good I think Secure boot is off legacy options on Nothing umping out at me It s driving me batty

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994460
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi All,
We have bought a Precision Tower 3620 with an External Graphic card.Nvidia Quadro K620 graphic card.
The Graphic card has one DVI port and one DP port while the on board card has 2xDP and one HDMI.
We have to connect two monitors to this computer . We have been able to connect the monitor to external DP port. But for some reason the DVI port is not working.

So we decided to use the on-board card but it is not working....we removed the external graphic card and set BIOS to Intel Graphic card but still it is not working (I have only tested the DP port at the moment)....

So what do you think the reason might be?

Thanks in advance for the help
Payam

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990908
Relevancy 65.79%

My 3620's current PSU is 290W. I have a hard time finding any other power supply to upgrade. Can somebody provide a list of PSUs compatible with 3620?

A:Dell Precision Workstation 3620 Medium Tower PSU upgrade

There is a 365W power supply for this model - note though that these are not standard power supplies, so aftermarket units won't work.
www.ebay.com/.../291815628059

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19987196
Relevancy 59.77%

I ordered a 3620 with 2 hard drives configured for RAID 0. It has already shipped. I realize now that I made a mistake and should have ordered the RAID 1 configuration. I realize this will reduce my total drive capacity.
Also, I'm planning on adding a 3rd HDD that I do not wanted to be included in the RAID. Any help on switching RAID levels and adding the 3rd drive would be appreciated. I'm expecting the machine to arrive tomorrow.
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997378
Relevancy 55.9%

im having trouble with my bios for my computer...i want to boot it to CD so i can reformat but i dont know where that option is...anyone can help?

A:bios for precision 330

How to get into the bios on a Dell Precision 330 Workstation

How to change the boot sequence on a Dell Precision 330 Workstation

Dell Precision 330 Workstation Users Guide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-for-precision-330.406213/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, i am in the hands of a Dell Precision 690, with all the normal stuff (including a duel core) which i want to change, i understanded there is a bypass for the DT029 motherboard not being compatiblewith quad cores if you downgrade your bios to A01, i have tried so mainy ways to do this, booting the update in windows, flashing it via usb flash drive booting and using DOSbox, nothing has surprised me, please help i have a quad-core sitting on my disk in its protective packet, just waiting to be used, i've tried booting on A02 with the quad-core in place but it doesn't allow it, how can i downgrade my bios to this using windows: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/precision-690?driverId=R129239

A:Precision 690 BIOS downgrading?

Were you every able to get this figured out?
Also, I am curious as to what process you used to downgrade the BIOS.  I am running A08 and want to downgrade to A01, but heard of serveral people brinking their motherboards.  The A01 exe file wont run in windows, just give and error.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19589590
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a new Precision 3510 that I have made sure was updated to the latest bios using the Optimizer.
While I was working on an issue with the Intel HD Graphics 530 and it's strange behaviors, I checked the website for drivers for my registered system and discovered a bios update that was released in May which is not showing up in Optimizer.
Why is it not there but on the site? Also the version numbers make no sense. The newer one is Version 1.05.00, 1.05.00 released May 2016 and the older one is Version A07, A07 released March 2016.

A:Precision Optimizer different bios from website

The numbers are sequential - despite the dates, A07 is newer than A05.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19979883
Relevancy 55.04%

I am not sure where to post this so I will try here.
While imaging a Precision 5510 using SCCM I came across a possible bug in 1.02.10 (A07) BIOS.  When booting UEFI PXE (IPv4) the unit gets an IP, but never a file.  It just hangs, no errors, nothing. 
When I revert back to 1.02.00 (A03) this is successful and was able to successfully image my machine.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987212
Relevancy 55.04%

dell precision m90 laptop ,it was working fine but lost the paper with the password wrote down
now everytime i turn it on theres a system password that i dont remember what it was
so anyone know how i can reset the bios or password or bypass it ?
thanks!

A:Precision m90 bios password bypass

Call Dell and see if they can help you clear the password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/precision-m90-bios-password-bypass.93333/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an offlease-refurb'ed Precision M4400 laptop which frequently, when booting the system, shows the BIOS (version A29) progressbar at normal speed up to about 80%, at which time it slows down such that to complete the initialization and handoff to boot takes close to 5 minutes. Once this completes the system boots fine into either Windows or Linux. Other than this issue the system has no other issues.. 
What is this slowness telling me??

Thanks
Dave Frandin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985439
Relevancy 55.04%

Well apparently when they installed my new motherboard they did something wrong and M70 Dell Flashing Precision on Bios my computer Bios Flashing on Dell Precision M70 s bios reads lattitude version a I talked to one of the tech guys over the phone and they use the same motherboard for multiple latptops Anyway you can see how this would cause me problems mainly video Bios Flashing on Dell Precision M70 card issues Ive downloaded the new bios but it wont let me run it or forcetype it says NOTICE Running on an unsupported system Occasionally I ll be able to boot up just fine but I cant run any games or anything that stresses the video card and sometimes when i boot up it will be a mess of colors and lines and ill barely be able to see anything and those times i cant even load into normal mode I dont have a floppy disk drive i do have a cd burner and flash drive is there anyway for me to get this bios to run Windows xp pro btw nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

i need someone to unzip Dell Precision 470 bios.......

win7x64 wont do it so i need someone with x86

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

A:Dell Precision 470 bios unzipping?

Hello,

That appears to be a .exe file, likely the BIOS itself. Only run that file on the machine whose BIOS you are trying to update.

The latest BIOS for that machine is dated 3/28/2006 so I wouldn't recommend installing it unless you need it. Be aware, that machine does not even list Vista as a supported OS.

Drivers & Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/103006-dell-precision-470-bios-unzipping.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Intel core2 duo E8400 3.00 GHz and 4 sticks of 2 GB ram sticks = 8 GB
Please tell me what i can upgrade to max for best performance i dont know that much.

A:Max processor and ram for the Mini-tower optiplex 755 (BIOS A17)

You are maxed out at 8GB.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981822
Relevancy 54.61%

I have the HP Compaq DC7700 Convertible Mini-Tower(CMT) with Windows 7 SP1 on C partition, and WinXP Pro 64 bit on D partition. I have bios Version Hewlett-Packard 786E1 v01.16, 8/17/2011 Is there a later version of the bios for my machine?  Here are the msinfo32 information if it helps=========================================OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home PremiumVersion 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601Other OS Description Not AvailableOS Manufacturer Microsoft CorporationSystem Name HOMESystem Manufacturer Hewlett-PackardSystem Model HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible MinitowerSystem Type x64-based PCProcessor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz, 1867 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard 786E1 v01.16, 8/17/2011SMBIOS Version 2.4Windows Directory C:\WindowsSystem Directory C:\Windows\system32Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2Locale United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"User Name home\BillTime Zone Central Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GBTotal Physical Memory 3.94 GBAvailable Physical Memory 2.77 GBTotal Virtual Memory 7.87 GBAvailable Virtual Memory 6.25 GBPage File Space 3.94 GB=========================================

A:Bios for Compaq DC770 CMT(mini-tower)

Hello, Sorry, don't see any BIOS updates for your PC subsequent to 2011. The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-for-Compaq-DC770-CMT-mini-tower/td-p/5825539
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all I am at wit s end trying to get the most of my memory upgrade I am running -bit Windows on Dell Precision T single quad-core Intel Xeon E Motherboard RW BIOS version A Got eight identical sticks of GB ram BIOS RAM - 16GB, 4GB Installed T5400 only in Precision totaling GB and installed it on all available slots Noticed on Windows properties - Installed RAM GB GB usable Tried to play around with virtual memory allocations but no success Checked BIOS and it showed all slots occupied with GB ram but installed memory is GB Don t see any options to tweak Installed RAM 16GB, only 4GB in BIOS - Precision T5400 BIOS setting for it to recognize all GB ram Checked each stick individually and all play nice and the CPU-Z reports them installed as well ruling out slot or motherboard issue I suspect its a BIOS issue and I would be grateful for anyone who can suggest a solution I will be happy to provide additional information as requested I inherited the machine so RMAs and returns are out of question

A:Installed RAM 16GB, only 4GB in BIOS - Precision T5400

ok
here is a temporary workaround 
on my example
Originally I had installed 4 GB / 4x1GB in slots 1-4 (white ones)
I wanted to upgrade to 16GB / 8x2GB
And obviously had a same problem as topic starter
But I managed to work all memory in following way:

install back old memory and let the bios recognise it
reboot and turn off pc
install new memory (16GB / 8x2GB)
after turning on you will see the message "memory size changed"
strike F1 to continue and just forget about BIOS existance, because as soon as you go there, the chances are your memory will be decreased

Clearly it is a BIOS bug.
I'm using A11. 
For DELL It would be really nice to fix it at last

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19492200
Relevancy 54.18%

Got my Precision m Precision screen BIOS and m5510 flicker last week Was on bios Precision m5510 screen flicker and BIOS Screen was flawless and premiercolor is amazing Yesterday I upgraded to the new bios Amazingly after I installed this new bios I started getting intermittent screen flickering on lower brightness settings It wasn t a pulsing or regular flickering It was instead like seeing micro flashes to a higher or lower brightness Couldn t find a regular pattern in the flickering completely random Most visible on lower brightnesses but I even noticed it flickering a little on the higher brightnesses too I downgraded my bios back to and the issue has gone away I m pretty sure there s something wrong with the bios It says its supposed to fix screen flickering and Issue I never had in the first place but instead the new bios gave my computer flickering issues I currently have a Service Request in with Dell about the issue but I wanted to see if other are reporting similar issues thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19985192
Relevancy 54.18%

I just installed a Western Digital 6 TB hard drive in a Precision T3400 with BIOS version A14,  All seems to be working in Windows, however when I go into BIOS for the to check settings for the new hard drive BIOS locks up.  I realize that this computer is a little dated but with storage being it's main use I have no need to update anything other then the hard drives.  Has anyone else come across the same issue?  Is the hard drive at risk of failing because the BIOS has a problem with the hard drive?  Is there any work around that anybody knows about?  I really like the Precision Workstations, I have 3 of them up and running at home, and this is the first real problem I have encountered with them.
Thanks for any comments or suggestions. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989022
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Dell Locked ? M4300 ? - Precision bios ? Dell Precision M and the HD started giving me issues so I decided the replace the ATA HDD with a spare SSD I had lying around When I went into the BIOS to change it from IDE to ACHI tried to boot with it but SSD not seen I found that Dell Precision M4300 - bios Locked ? ? ? all the darn settings were locked with security password I have no idea Dell Precision M4300 - bios Locked ? ? ? if it s using default Dell passwords or the previous owner set it BTW no chance of contacting previous owner I tried both Password and Admin and neither of them worked I know those are couple pwd s Dell uses I thought I could treat it like desktop PC so I removed the laptops battery and disconnected the CMOS battery Came back over an hour later and the darn BIOS is still totally locked down I even flashed the BIOS and updated it hoping this would give me fresh BIOS that wasn t locked down but it s still locked Not sure what s going on but I'm not used to BIOS saving its settings after all battery power has been removed or the BIOS has been updated Any way of unlocking the BIOS settings

A:Dell Precision M4300 - bios Locked ? ? ?

Laptops are not like a desktop were you can revert all BIOS settings including the passwords but pulling the CMOS battery. Laptops store the passwords and such in non-volatile memory which will survive without power. As for reseting the BIOS password, I believe Dell has some backdoor system. But I don't really know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340605-dell-precision-m4300-bios-locked.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Gateway Tower Model 500S
XP Home

This computer takes a long time to boot. I see the Gateway Logo (BIOS Screen) for about 3 minutes, and then it boots to Windows just fine. Don't know why it sits for so long, or what setting, if any, in the BIOS would allow it to boot faster. It is pretty annoying. Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Gateway Tower Sits On Bios Logo Too Long.

Do you have the virus boot scan enabled?
It's having a problem verifying something. Try removing all unnecessary hardware and see if that does anything
I know some BIOS have a quick boot feature. I doubt if Gateway does

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160559/gateway-tower-sits-on-bios-logo-too-long/
Relevancy 54.18%

I need help updating the BIOS on my HP dc CMT I keep getting this error nbsp The system BIOS updte file C Users f Downloads ROM CAB is missing or corrupt The system BIOS will not be updated nbsp I tried to update using the sp exe MB Rev A Dec HP Compaq Business Desktop System BIOS F BIOS nbsp Which can be found here nbsp dc7800 ROM.CAB Bios Need Compact Mini ... Tower : Updating Help http h www hp com Need Help Updating Bios dc7800 Compact Mini Tower : ROM.CAB ... hpsc swd public detail sp Need Help Updating Bios dc7800 Compact Mini Tower : ROM.CAB ... ts oid amp swItemId vc amp swEnvOid nbsp The current version of my BIOS is F v nbsp I am running Windows -bit nbsp Ultiate I noticed on the page for the software linked to above it mentions most flavors of Windows bit but it DOESN'T mention Win ULTIMATE -pit nbsp Here is what I did nbsp Restarted computer in safe mode Logged in as administrator Started task manager to make sure all apps and most services were stopped A as an extra precaustion I even stopped Windows Defeneder Double clicked sp exe and let it install software This opened a web page I clicked on the link that was under the Update Bio from a windows environment The process started but then I got the error above nbsp Any ideas on what to do next nbsp Is it possible that the BIOS CAN'T be updated because the software doesn't support windows -bit ULTIMATE nbsp Thank you in advance I have a new graphics card coming today Radeon HD - which was recommended by Mr Paul Tikkanen Thank You and I guess that I should have my BIOS somewhat current right Solved View Solution

A:Need Help Updating Bios dc7800 Compact Mini Tower : ROM.CAB ...

Hi: There should be no need to update the BIOS if everything is working correctly. If you want to update the BIOS you should use the built in Flash System ROM menu in the BIOS. That is the safest and easiest way to flash the BIOS. All you need is a USB flash drive formatted with the FAT 32 file system. Download the latest BIOS update and run it. You should get an instruction page.  On that page, you want to select the F10 flash system rom option and you should see a view contents of DOS flash folder. Copy all of the files in that folder to your usb flash drive. Plug the flash drive in the usb port, reboot the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F10 key to access the BIOS. There will be a menu to Flash System ROM. Select that and it should see the BIOS update files on the usb flash drive.  Then follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with updating the BIOS.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Need-Help-Updating-Bios-dc7800-Compact-Mini-Tower-ROM-CAB/td-p/4739775
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Powered down a working T workstation and moved offices nbsp Powered it back on and I get the S POST error - Green power light and lights and on light off If I hit F at boot I can get to the Boot Device Menu where I can choose my RAID quot drive quot other internal drives there are HDD in total CDROM Diagnostics or System Setup nbsp Whichever one of these I chose the system hangs nbsp Particularly worrying that diagnostics and system setup hang If I don t press F and let the machine boot normally it hangs after a successful MPT boot message In both cases F option or letting it run the keyboard is then unresponsive and the system sits and does nothing I ve reset CMOS bought a new battery too and unplugged all the easy to reach components I d be very grateful if anyone can tell me what I can possibly do next Derek Update F to get into BIOS does not work either nbsp If I hit F at Dell Logo screen I can see it says quot Entering Setup quot but after the MPT success message the machine hangs as above

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974657
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello So i was browsing for days i m currently using my home made computer due to the problem with my Dell well at first everything Locked Dell 370 Workstation Precision BIOS Factory was working like a charm i installed the DVD-Writer and put it in Slave mode that day when i wanted to install Vista on it i tried to make the DVD-Writer as a primary drive when i entered the BIOS everything was alright but when i tried to change anything it tell me that the SETUP is locked there is no password at all its just this Factory password so i tried to remove the Battery like has been Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked suggested everywhere but unfortunately XP isn t working at all neither from the safe mode all i get is that windows cannot start probably tried to enter the BIOS the date is back to and the factory password was still on and the setup is locked now i think my problem is in the BIOS i need to put my dvd-writer as primary but i need the Master Password I tried to contact Dell but they needed some details that i don t have its just they are asking too much and i just have few info and above all i don t have a fax machine so any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked

What happens when you change the jumpers on the drives from cable select to jumper them as master and slaves?
These are normal settings for networked machines and servers. Who setup your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-370-workstation-bios-factory-locked.98887/
Relevancy 53.75%

It came BIOS in Pro T3620 NVMe on Precision 950 Samsung not up showing with a GB SATA drive After getting all drivers up to date I used Acronis to clone over to the GB Samsung Pro NVMe SSD Shut down unplugged the GB SATA drive and booted right up onto the Samsung 950 Pro NVMe not showing up in BIOS on Precision T3620 NVMe No problems at all Installed Windows updates various software all without a glitch However later on I Samsung 950 Pro NVMe not showing up in BIOS on Precision T3620 reconnected a SATA drive which will be used for backups But whenever a SATA drive is connected the NVMe drive does not show up in the list of boot devices and the system will only attempt and fail to boot off the blank SATA drive Things I have attempted Tried all the SATA portsTried different SATA drivesChecked for a firmware update for the NVMe none Flashed the BIOS to the current just released days ago Actually had Dell come out and replace the motherboard This is starting to feel like a possible BIOS bug or an incompatibility with the Samsung NVMe drive Has anyone else experienced this problem IT Guy San Rafael CA

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987647
Relevancy 53.32%

ON starting the laptop error comes up saying no bootable devices found. on doing the diagnostics it shows no dard drive found but all the other test were passed.
i can start it again by going to utility setup and changing boot sequence to internal hhd on legacy mode.
the windows then starts but with error;  microsoft visual c++ runtime library - runtime error. so cannot *** any online diagnostic as the explorer does not start. 
if  i restart or shutdown the computer i have to repeat the above process again. with all the same errors coming up again.
i tried changing the hard drive to the ssd samsung evo 500gb. have the same errors coming up.
any suggestion would be of great help
thankyou

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987053
Relevancy 53.32%

For a several years I use DELL Precision laptops First M and from M My Precision M configuration comprises of i qqd proc GB RAM GB Nvidia quadro and hard drives st is SSD ssd M4600 Boot and mSATA - BIOS problem Precision PM810 DELL BIOS Boot problem - Precision M4600 and mSATA PM810 ssd Samsung mSATA PM GB - Linux system nd SSD Intel ultra speed - GB - Windows system rd HDD Seagate - Data For years BIOS Boot problem - Precision M4600 and mSATA PM810 ssd I didn t have any problem with my Precision configuration Suddenly a week ago problems on boot started Namely every second time BIOS during update do not recognize my mSATA PM disk and cannot boot up the system That means all odd times st rd th I start computer or reset the mSATA disk is recognized under other name and not as MiniCard while all even nd th etc everything is OK Problem description I start computer After passes BIOS the screen is blank nothing happens blocked I restart all fine I restart again again blank screen nothing I restart again - all fine and like this goes around nbsp I absolutely didn t do anything with machine it just started at once behaving like that Things that I have unsuccessfully tried Change Boot order in BIOS leaving only MiniCard - does not work I ve seen that each odd time BIOS changes the name of mSATA in disk order and when I restart it brings it back to normal It does that if SATA is set as Raid-on or as AHCI device Downgrading BIOS to A - nothing and back to A nothing Remove other hard drive leaving only mSATA Then it works it each time correctly recognizes the mSATA in MiniCard and boots the system normally However as soon as I put back the Seagate HDD it malfunction again I would appreciate any advise on this Also if there is firmware for mSATA PM where to find it It is not supported by Samsung but exclusively by DELL

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19708324
Relevancy 52.46%

I bought a refurbished 7910 and could not get any sound from the front/rear jacks or the USB ports.
Ran all the extended bios tests, and when I ran sound, got no error, but no sound.  When I chose the input and output in windows, the vue meter would show differing sound levels for input and output, but nothing out the jacks or USB.
I went into device manager, and all software devices were ok, but I did not see any chip device (I believe I saw one in my old 7400). 
Since the USB does not work, I do not think it is a jack issue.
I installed a sound blaster card and that works very well.
Any thoughts?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19981006
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello to the BleepingComputer community First of all I m sorry I haven t finished some of the steps from the Preparation Guide It s because these steps require a reboot e g Step Disable your CD Emulation Software - DeFogger will ask me to reboot the machine and I have a bad feeling about the question if it is safe to reboot in my situation I m not sure if I have a type of malware dozen threat of - by folders, Unknown BIOS.sys - BS_Flash.sys, "Bios m... BIOS AVG a and virus/rootkit? Update\Award" which is ready to infect the BIOS - if it is so then it could infect it much easier during the reboot process - If BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m... there is a good way to find out what is the problem and fix the BIOS threat part if it really is present without rebooting shutting down this PC or at least without booting from this hard drive which I feel is probably infected then please tell me what should I do - If you know a place forum where I can get a specialized help for this seemingly BIOS-malware related situation please tell me where I could go - If there is no way to move forward I ll go ahead and risk the reboot and follow the other steps steps to in the Preparation Guide no problem I kindly ask you to please read below the details of the problem as it occured to me and the things I have tried so far The PC is AMD Athlon X Dual Core BE- GHz Motherboard Biostar TA G AM with AWARD BIOS GB RAM GB SATA HDD and an ASUS EAH card added a few years ago It s with WinXP SP AVG Free standard Windows Firewall and it s behind a router I can t recall exactly but I think on - - evening I ve left this PC with at least one account logged-in with many programs running online locked fast user switching screen and then found the em class 'bbc' PC non-responsive em in the morning so I had to power off it - it was frozen What I remember well is - on - - when I ve turned on this PC for the first time and logged-in with my account member of Administrators group While it was still finishing loading the taskbar icons etc I hit Win L fast user switching is enabled and logged-in to another account member of Users group Right then a bunch of previously unseen quot AVG Identity protection - threat detected quot messages started to appear C Windows system drivers - atkkbnt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then another message showed up C Windows system drivers - amdtools sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - bufadpt sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Program Files BIOS Update BIOS Update Award - BS Flash sys threat name Unknown I doubt I have ever seen this folder before on this PC I clicked quot move to vault quot C Games ad binaries system aken sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BIOS sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - BS I cIo sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - IOMap sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers or was it C Windows system don t recall exactly - ati sgag exe threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot C Windows system drivers - EIO XP sys threat name Unknown I clicked quot move to vault quot Then AVG asked to reboot to finish the removal I ve let it to go rebooting but I ve paused the BIOS post screen and switched the PC off so I could research about what should I do next I was suspecting that booting process could infect the BIOS and or MBR After researching online with the keywords from these messages I was still puzzled While searching about if rebooting is risky if you suspect having a BIOS virus especially AWARD BIOS virus I ve even found out that it s possible to infect multiple PCs BIOSes... Read more

A:BIOS virus/rootkit? - Unknown threat by AVG - "Bios Update\Award" folders, BS_Flash.sys, BIOS.sys and a dozen of m...

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471088/bios-virusrootkit-unknown-threat-by-avg-bios-updateaward-folders-bs-flashsys-biossys-and-a-dozen-of-mostly-sys-files-appear-on-boot/
Relevancy 52.46%

I am receiving this message when I run sp76205: The system BIOS update file (c:\SWSetup\SP76205\hpqflash\ROM.CAB) is missing or corrupt. The system BIOS will not be updated." SP76205 was just released in June 2016 and I noticed other user are experiencing the same issue with it. Please provide a fix BIOS update or explain how to run this current update...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/BIOS-Update-sp76205-Error-Message-Can-t-update-system-bios/td-p/5662276
Relevancy 52.03%

Version EVGA 1.5.0 Update Precision History EVGA Precision v - - New multi-GPU systems control approach Now Precision gives you independent access to thermal monitoring overclocking and fan control settings of all GPUs installed in the system regardless of SLI mode status Please take a note that the previous version settings and profiles are not compatible with version and will be lost Added new green and dark skin editions New skin format v adds bitmap effects support to the skin compiler Now skin creators can use new technology to simplify skin creation process and easily create different color editions of the same skin by applying various color tuning effects to the same bitmaps during compilation Built-in blue violet green and dark skin editions are based on new technology so EVGA Precision 1.5.0 Update it is recommended to use these skins as bitmap effects usage tutorials Added multi-GPU core shader and memory clocks EVGA Precision 1.5.0 Update and fan speeds monitoring SLI mode status is detected dynamically and displayed properly in system info when SLI mode is being toggled on the fly during Precision runtime Now Precision displays graphics processor codename in system info Fixed memory clock monitoring for G graphics processors family Now Precision is able to detect memory clock frequency generator switching to PCIE bus clock and display correct idle MHz memory clock frequency on GeForce and older series graphics cards Added -profile -profile command line switches for loading the profiles EVGA On-Screen Display Server has been updated to version New server provides improved compatibility with SecuRom protected games when high application detection level is selected and fixes issues with starting the server with no server icon displayed in the system tray area under certain conditions Various internal code cleanups and optimizations Source EVGA EVGA Precision EVGA Precision

A:EVGA Precision 1.5.0 Update

Thanks for the info. It's got some nice features like in game stats. I'm getting it soon, but I dont' want to update. and loose my GTX 260 skin I got back with it when the cards first came out.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/215023-evga-precision-1-5-0-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Quote Version History EVGA Precision v - - Now Precision monitoring window can be detached from the main form allowing the user to define custom monitoring window position and size Double click attached monitoring window to detach it from the main form double click it one more time or simply close it to attach it back Now Precision provides multi-GPU control for the systems with up to NVIDIA GPUs to ensure compatibility with future SLI systems and provide support for modern -GPU Quad-SLI PhysX systems Optimized multi-GPU profiles loader v1.6.0 EVGA Update Precision drastically reduces profiles load time when GPU synchronization mode is enabled Now Precision always sorts GPUs by PCI location to ensure that GPU indices stay the same in the system regardless of operating system display driver version and GPU display outputs connection EVGA On-Screen Display Server has been updated to version Similar to the previous version of Precision new server also features new skin format v adding bitmap effects support to the skin compiler Added new black skin edition source EVGA EVGA Precision EVGA Precision

A:EVGA Precision v1.6.0 Update

1.51 is available now..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/4954-evga-precision-v1-6-0-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Precision M4400 and somehow the BIOS admin password is locked and I cannot access the BIOS settings anymore.I called Dell Support twice, spent a lot a time waiting on the phone, also waited weeks for a resolution to my request, and finally they won't provide a password even if I am willing to pay the fee for that.
Does anyone know an alternative solution?
Thanks.

A:Dell Tech Support won't provide BIOS unlock password for Precision M4400

If you can't verify your ownership of the machine, they won't  unlock it -- if that's the case, you have just one option:  replace the mainboard.  If you do that, be ABSOLUTELY sure the seller guarantees there's no password on the replacement you buy.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19974188
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I m facing Recovery Led 5510 2 boot. Precision does Dell not not 2 flashing 2 work. does white amber. BIOS the Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. following issue with a Dell Precision laptop with latest bios A It Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. appeared suddenly nbsp I just rebooted a working system The laptop does not boot anymore and the Dell logo is not shown however the diagnostic battery led blinks times white and times amber According to the error table that I found here http www dell com support article uk en ukdhs SLN EN to Present nbsp that means System Board BIOS ROM Failure and the suggested next steps are Flash BIOS to latest revision If problem persists contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting Did anyone had a similar experience How can I re-flash the BIOS from a non-booting machine I found some tricks for the Dell XPS extracting HDR and ROM files from bios executable Dell Precision 5510 does not boot. Led flashing 2 white 2 amber. BIOS Recovery 2 does not work. and plugging a USB drive but they do not seem to apply to this laptop UPDATE I found http www dell com support article uk en ukdhs SLN en nbsp but I m still unable to recover the computer I keep getting the blinking pattern even after I put the latest BIOS renamed to BIOS IMG rcv into a newly formatted FAT USB stick GB I also tried with different USB sticks and both USB ports Any help is really appreciated Best regards alessioc

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996971
Relevancy 51.6%

Dell engineers have appeared to have overlooked a setup on the new m precision laptop & software/bios M5510 Precision (primary) closed monitor design lid flaw External nbsp Originally found on a laptop Precision M5510 External monitor (primary) & lid closed software/bios design flaw and pro support was going to send out a new motherboard and lcd however I reproduced the same scenario on another brand new m If you hookup an external monitor to the laptop via the built in hdmi port and than in windows configure that as your primary disabling the laptop screen nbsp Also turn off Precision M5510 External monitor (primary) & lid closed software/bios design flaw windows action to sleep when you close the lid nbsp Now close the lid to use the laptop as a docked computer with the external monitor and mouse keypad nbsp nbsp This will function fine however once you try to restart windows here is where the bios is not functioning correctly The laptop will shutdown and a white Dell log will popup on the external monitor and stay there nbsp Than the LED on the leading edge of the laptop will begin to flash an error sequence x amber followed by x white and repeat nbsp I am told that sequence references a defective LCD nbsp The LCD works fine all diagnostics pass The problem appears to be that the computer bios is not properly recognizing that the external monitor is hooked up despite it showing the dell logo and is throwing this error fault haulting boot to the OS nbsp With the lid closed the built in LCD is deactivated but the external is definately there the whole time If you leave the laptop screen up however the system will properly restart nbsp IE nbsp external monitor set as primary monitor and laptop screen deactivated nbsp Lid on laptop left up and not closed however it is just blank nbsp Restart windows and you ll see the dell logo pop up on the LCD of the laptop this time and immediately see the starting windows message for a short period and than it will switch over to the external around the time windows pops up the log on screen I have tested with mutliple monitors both dell and other vendors tried with hdmi on the external monitors and also an hdmi to dvi convertor tried several different hdmi cables and now two m s purchased about months apart so different batches At this point I think anyone can reproduce this on any m by doing the following including the dell engineers so they can quickly push out a new bios to fix this hookup external monitor and set it as your primary in windows deactivating the built in lcd you ll need a mouse keyboard external also minimum mouse to test turn the power settings in windows to Do Nothing when the lid is closed Now close the lid and windows should stay running on external Now do a restart of windows start button restart You will see a white Dell logo on the external monitor and it will stay there If you look at the leading edge of the laptop that is the edge below the keyboard there is an LED there it will be flashing x amber and x white in a repeated pattern To get windows to boot you ll have to lift the lid of the laptop and either try a ctrl alt del or press the power button to restart it

A:Precision M5510 External monitor (primary) & lid closed software/bios design flaw

I have the same problem, I have seen the 2x Amber followed by 7x white many times. I tried a Dell TB15 dock only to find it even more buggy. I returned it, awaiting the supposed TB16.
Question is, is Dell going to do anything about it? Do they even test things like this before releasing new firmware?
Did you ever find a solution qwerytfsadg?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19670324
Relevancy 50.74%

My Samsung series laptop has been sending out popup messages telling me I need a bios update I go to the Samsung software update site and this bios update has been software Bios Samsung update bios,update for fails failing I have made several calls and chats to techs at Samsung who tell me to do what I have already done they tell to ask for tier tech who can go in my computer and fix Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails it When I finally got a tier tech they told me the same thing I told him what I had been told about him and what he could do He said is it working I said yes but settings on computer change on their own like wifi turns itself on and that concerns me Anyway Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails He said that it didn t need a bios update even the Samsung website said this computer needed a bios update I posted this on hardware firmware concerns and they told me to post here I was going to go to a site that had a download that checked drivers I was told to stay away from this Thanks Jim

A:Samsung Bios software update for bios,update fails

Are you getting a direct link from the notification update? Can you post the link/site next time?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477131/samsung-bios-software-update-for-biosupdate-fails/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I purchased a Dell Precision laptop months ago from Dell s website with the fingerprint touch sensor nbsp a update on Precision 7710 ControlVault failure firmware Dell Afterwards I installed Windows The laptop has been working fine until I installed the following update for ControlVault Dell ControlVault Driver and Firmware View details File Name Security Driver JP V WN ControlVault firmware update failure on a Dell Precision 7710 A EXE Importance Recommended Description Update Package for Microsoft reg Windows reg ControlVault firmware update failure on a Dell Precision 7710 -Bit MB Release Date Aug Version A Last Updated Aug The update appeared to succeed but ControlVault firmware update failure on a Dell Precision 7710 now I get a notification saying quot ControlVault firmware upgrade in progress quot EVERY REBOOT nbsp I tried uninstalling the ControlVault application but that doesn t get rid of the popup nbsp In the Event Manager it shows an Event ID for the source quot USHUpgradeService quot with a description of quot CV firmware upgrade failed quot nbsp How can I uninstall the ControlVault software nbsp Is there a fix for a bad firmware install nbsp Or is the ControlVault hardware useless now nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989502
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I have a Vostro 460 MT from Dell.
The Specs:
i5-2400
8GB RAM
320GB HD
Stock PSU - 350W

I had a NVIDIA GT 210 card in previously which I sold and bought an R7 240 to upgrade with. When plugging in the R7 240 and booting up. I get NO VIDEO SIGNAL. NO BIOS SPLASH SCREEN etc.
NOW if I take the card out and use the onboard VGA it works fine. The NVIDIA GT 210 worked fine too.

Why does this card not work? Is there a solution to my problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989762
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello

My last BIOS update has failed and now my laptop Satellite PrU400 PSU45E is out of order.
I want to use the Crisis Recovery Disk with an USB floppy drive but I don't know the key combination to run the boot-block.
Is anybody can help me?

Best regards

A:Satellite Pro U400 BIOS update failed - What is BIOS Boot-block access

Hi

I wondering what Crisis Recovery Disk do you have ?:|
In my experience the special disk is needed which is available only for ASP technician.
Therefore it?s necessary to contact the ASP in your country in order to reflash the BIOS.

In my opinion you shouldn?t not try any ?Crisis Recovery disks? which you fond in the net? this can lead to mobo damage?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46578-Satellite-Pro-U400-BIOS-update-failed-What-is-BIOS-Boot-block-access
Relevancy 47.3%

TB Dock BIOS Drivers Installation XPS, Latitude Desktop Precision Dell [UPDATED Dock driver/firmware/BIOS 04-22-16] - instructions TB15 notebooks Step-by-step for and installation Guide Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS nbsp Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update nbsp Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install ASMedia USB Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YM TJ WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Update for the USB audio mouse on Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock nbsp Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Dell Dock USB TYPE-C PATCH K JJ A SETUP ZPE exe nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS nbsp Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update nbsp Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YM TJ WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude and XPS for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude and XPS System BIOS nbsp Restart required Version Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmw... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983591
Relevancy 47.3%

nbsp TB Dock BIOS Drivers Installation Guide Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision 04-22-16] TB15 Latitude Desktop Dock driver/firmware/BIOS Step-by-step - [UPDATED Dell and notebooks instructions for XPS, installation Precision exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update Restart required Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YM TJ WN A EXE Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Update for the USB audio mouse on Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Dell Dock USB TYPE-C PATCH K JJ A SETUP ZPE exe nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude E E Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] E and Precision for Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YM TJ WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude and XPS for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude and XPS System BIOS Restart required Version Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download... Read more

A:Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16]

Unfortunately I see no updates to firmware or drivers from what I already have for the TB15 and my XPS 15 9550. I have experienced issues with the Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver (generating BSOD's) and the mini-Displayport connection from the TB15 to an external monitor (screen blanks out). Time is running out for me. I will be forced to return my TB15 this week.
JohnD

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19677047
Relevancy 47.3%

nbsp WD Dock BIOS Drivers Installation Guide Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win Win bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT installation instructions Dell and Dock Step-by-step - driver/firmware/BIOS Latitude 04-22-16] Desktop notebooks WD15 XPS, [UPDATED Precision for FW UPDATE Dell WD15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] NVM A exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Update for the USB audio mouse on Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Dell Dock USB TYPE-C PATCH K JJ A SETUP ZPE exe nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude and XPS for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude and XPS System BIOS Restart required Version Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Feb http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp Step ndash Download and Install Update for the USB audio mouse on Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell D... Read more

A:Dell WD15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16]

Hi Brian
Thanks for being active on this issue. (This thread was closed - so had to use the TB-15 Thunderbolt thread above this one). Thanks for opening this one for WD-15
I've been having  most of the problems mentioned in the other Thunderbolt dock  thread .. USB problems, fan noise, not recognising on startup,
I tried the driver list above (for 5510 win7 64) and some refused to install because they were for xps product not  precision. However I when on 5520 support page (for the nth time) and found a new USB driver. ie > Chipset_Driver_V2WY5_WN32_1.16.32.1_A01.EXE 
I've installed that but NOPE ... still has USB problems eg stuff like usb (2) keyboard not working. BUT unplug/replug the dock at USB C connection at laptop and it works !! (but this is a PITA and probably will wreck the socket in the long run). 
I guess my point is please sync the support page and this support forum if you can, we all love Dell but would appreciate some reciprocating :-)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19677048
Relevancy 47.3%

TB Dock BIOS Drivers Installation Guide Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS nbsp Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Dock Desktop instructions Dell driver/firmware/BIOS TB15 Precision Step-by-step 04-22-16] - for Latitude notebooks XPS, and installation [UPDATED Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update nbsp Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YM TJ WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Update for the USB audio mouse on Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock nbsp Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Dell Dock USB TYPE-C PATCH K JJ A SETUP Dell TB15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16] ZPE exe nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude E E E and Precision for Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude E E E and Precision System BIOS nbsp Restart required Version A A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M LatitudeE X Precision exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver J F WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt TM Firmware Update nbsp Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Intel TBT FW UPDATE NVM A exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install ASMedia USB Extended Host Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YM TJ WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver for Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Chipset Driver YCY WN A EXE nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Realtek USB Audio Driver for Dell Wireless Dock Dell Thunderbolt Dock and Dell Dock Restart required Version A nbsp Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M Audio Driver GG M WN A EXE nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell Latitude and XPS for Win Win -bit Please install the latest BIOS amp drivers follow the below steps Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Dell Latitude and XPS System BIOS nbsp Restart required Version Last Updated Mar http downloads dell com FOLDER M exe nbsp Step nbsp ndash Download and Install Intel R Thunderbolt Controller Driver Restart required Version A La... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19983591
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone I ama new user and i am coming up with this post as I couldn t find any kind of solution update BIOS B590 failure! Lenovo BIOS FLASH! Black... for my problem Recently I decided to do a reinstallation of my operating system which also previously was Windows Ultimate x The installation went as usual and after finishing it I went on to install all the latest drivers from the Lenovo site for my product When getting close to installing almost all the drivers i ve needed i Lenovo B590 BIOS update failure! BIOS FLASH! Black... stumbled upon a new version of the BIOS amnd the drivers and sfotware recommended for my laptop by the producer So i proceeded to install the upgrade restarted the computer when it prompted me to do so but after the so-called restart the laptop did not boot up as usual At first it was telling me to not do anything as the BIOS is being flashed and then it was telling me something about some sort of image processing things that i did not understand at the time i have never encountered anything like that After that my screen turned black I have not done anything for a few couple of minutes as i thought it was supposed to be like that but then i just force shut it down and unplugged the AC adapter When trying to boot it all up again the only thing i got was a black screen and nothing else After doing a little bit of research it appears that somehowm i ve managed to corrupt the bios on my laptop or something and nothing else would work at this point I tried to remove the BIOS battery and the ram and then put them all back tryed resetting the bios by taking out the battery but nothing would work I would be really thankful if anyone would be kind enough to point me one way or another as i do not know what to do at all nbsp Around the webz i found some way of creating a bootable usb flash drive where i would put a compatible version of BIOS from the site and then install it onto the laptop but i do not quite know how to do that properly either as the software they are pointing me to wincrisis is not working by any means

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B590-BIOS-update-failure-BIOS-FLASH-Black-screen-after/td-p/3392941
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a old Tecra 9100 with years of good service, and this is my first problem, but is a great one, after a forced reboot the screen shows a BIOS block 1 damaged message. I have tried to repair the BIOS upgrading to the last version I have found, the 1.6 one, but its a Windows version (to upgrade from a running Toshiba computer I think) and when I try to run it in another computer to generate a FDD and upgrade BIOS, I cant, beacuse a Toshiba common modules message.

Its there any BIOS diskette image-archive I can dowload to perform the BIOS upgrade in the BIOS?

Thanks in advance.

A:Tecra 9100 - BIOS block 1 damaged and how to update BIOS?

Hello

All you can find is stuff on Toshiba support page. I don't know where you live but try to contact nearest Toshiba authorized service provider.
They have access to Toshiba database and they can obtain all this for you. Make a call and ask for help. I am pretty sure they will help you to solve this BIOS issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?46581-Tecra-9100-BIOS-block-1-damaged-and-how-to-update-BIOS
Relevancy 46.87%

Dear all nbsp Since the beginning I got troubles with charging - plugged in not charging The easiest solution was just remove the battery but not for HP Omen I removed battery and destroyed the rubber on the bottom nbsp I had to open the laptop because one morning I got the massegae that my laptop is overheated and fan does not work properly Both fans works only during the lounch when windows works only one fan was in operations second one never starts again Looking for the solution in the internet I have found that this can be because of BIOS is not updated nbsp update vers... works Fan like helicopter-BIOS BIOS is a blocked I pushed F checked the the system everything is fine and then I installed only one version Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers... which I have found there No massages regarding overheating any more both Fans are working full power and very very loud Temperature of processors is C In my room C nbsp nbsp I followed all instructions but got massege BIOS update is blocked I downloaded the most previous version again BIOS update is blocked Current version of bios is BIOS version F Sep nbsp Can it be solved somehow nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Fan works like a helicopter-BIOS update is blocked BIOS vers...

@YuraL? To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Fan-works-like-a-helicopter-BIOS-update-is-blocked-BIOS/td-p/5829795
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently took a BIOS update and I later on found out that it has messed up my Notebook. File transfer speed has been riduculously slow, games and movies stutter occasionaly. Everything has changed and it does not look good. Product Info: Model: Pavilion AB522TXOS: Windows 10 64-bit ( updated to the very last) RAM: 8 GBProcessor: i5-6200U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Downgrade a BIOS update or Optimising BIOS settings

Hey @Rahul_mk,  I would like to welcome you to the HP Support Community. If my reply resolves your issue or answer your question(s),  please let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. I understand that you did a BIOS upgrade but it did not take well to your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab522tx. You mentioned that your Notebook is now slow and games and movies are stuttering.  Many HP Notebooks have an HP BIOS Restore tool that may recover the BIOS from an earlier version and restore basic functionality. Please follow the documentation to do a BIOS reset.  Have you tried to perform a hard reset?Which BIOS version did  you upgrade to? You said that Windows 10 is up to date.Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant for updates also?  You can try following the below steps to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup Settings:In the BIOS Setup utility, select the Exit tab.Select Load Setup Defaults.Select Save Changes and Exit (pressing F5 and the Enter key will also load the Setup Defaults).Press Esc and then Enter to exit Setup.If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with any information you think may help me find a resolution for you. Please also let me know if the BIOS reset works. If you would like to show you appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below. I am glad that you joined in!  Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Downgrade-a-BIOS-update-or-Optimising-BIOS-settings/td-p/5692324
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a five-month old HP Compaq Presario Laptop, which has been working fairly decently (I've had a few virus scares, and my Norton quarrentined something a twenty days ago). On HP's advice, I just updated the BIOS on my laptop. It's currently stuck at Verifying New Bios Image, and it's at 100% - It's been stuck that way for a half-hour plus. Any advice? What should I do?

A:HP BIOS Update Stuck at "Verifying New Bios Image 100%"

You have no choice but to force a reboot and keep your fingers crossed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374403/hp-bios-update-stuck-at-verifying-new-bios-image-100/
Relevancy 46.44%

Made the huge mistake of updating BIOS Had small MOBO usb prob and for some reason thought a BIOS update would do something Wasn t too worried because Gigabyte touts Dual BIOS pretty strong Anyway tried updating BIOS then system would not boot so the Backup BIOS didn t kick in btw the MOBO is a Gigabyte GA-K N Pro So I copied the backup bios to a floppy and used the floppy to fix the problem - xp now freezes tried bios to - BIOS boots but update main bios OK now computer would boot but would freeze up after the desktop icons appear Actually would sometimes work for a few minutes but always froze up Boots OK to safe mode even to the point of getting online so I downloaded the old bios from Gigabyte put them on floppy and used that to update the main bios Same result Also did a system restore from XP Pro Safe Mode because XP wrongly states that this can be undone didn t find out that System Restore done from safe mode cannot be undone until I tried to undo My tech support ABS Computer they rule thinks that the BIOS is now fine that some windows files are corrupt and a re-install will fix problem and mobo is probably fine as well I ll buy that anyone have any miracle suggestions before i re-install Is a repair install worth BIOS problem - tried to update bios - now xp boots but freezes a shot Really not looking forward to re-installing all my software and putting all my data back where it belongs to get my email hist bookmarks etc back thanks - I will now write the following times LEAVE THE BIOS ALONE even with Dual BIOS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-tried-to-update-bios-now-xp-boots-but-freezes.541656/
Relevancy 46.44%

HP software said there was a bios update and it ran through this one screen said it recommended backing up the bios in case of corruption and it created a partition. Computer will now not boot and as its new I dont have a recovery disk. How is it that an automatic HP update can kill the computer. Anyone know if removing the partition will solve it or if /i have likely lost everything on the C drive. Any help appreciated thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-has-done-a-HP-bios-update-creating-a-bios-recovery/td-p/5847609
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Lenonvo H50-55 desktop with an AMD A10-7800 APU (3.5GHz), 12GB RAM, 2 HDD's, and an Nvidia GTX 750 video card, running Windows10 Home x64. My current BIOS  version is IRKT54AUS, and the latest available version on Lenovo's update page for my machine is IRKT57AUS. When I try to flash my BIOS from the downloaded update file, I get the error message in the subject. I am starting everything with Admin privileges, but that makes no difference. If it's a Lenovo machine with stock BIOS, why am I getting an "unknown vendor" message? Inquiring minds want to know  TIA!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/quot-Unknown-BIOS-vendor-quot-when-trying-to-update-BIOS/td-p/3364947
Relevancy 45.58%

i have a computer i got from my aunt, when the computer starts up, at the top of the screen it says award modular BIOS v4.51PG

at the bottom it says: 08/21/1998-ALADDIN5-2A5KKB0DC-00

i want to know if there is an update for the bios, because i want to use a Maxtor 80GB hard drive.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, I saw the new BIOS version 1.25 dated ?14?.?09?.?2016 appearing on Lenovos support site. I did not check the version I was having on my system before downloading the "new BIOS", so I started the installer and the tool told me I already have this BIOS version. msinfo32.exe tells me I am having BIOS 1.25 dated 13.07.2016. So apparently the BIOS was released already some time ago and I already flashed it to 1.25. So whats the point of re-releasing the 1.25? If there are any changes of todays version compared to the 1.25 released some time ago, is it worth flashing? If yes, how can I do this if the tool tells me I am already having the latest version and it does not let me override my BIOS? Thanks and best regards,Martin

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-recent-BIOS-update-1-25-is-an-old-BIOS-version-released/td-p/3431576
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I tried to install the newly released Dell Precision Optimizer v A August on my Precision running Windows bit During the installation an error panel pops up with this text gt SetupNew setup cpp PAPP PVENDOR PGUID Windows Vista Service Pack IE Version The installation then fails and the installer log shows the following nbsp nbsp nbsp Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp User error Precision Installation Dell 3.5.5 with 5510 Precision on Optimizer Dell Command attended nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF nbsp nbsp nbsp DUP Vendor Software Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Version nbsp Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 nbsp nbsp OS Compatible with Installation error with Dell Precision Optimizer 3.5.5 on Dell Precision 5510 this Package Yes nbsp nbsp nbsp Local System OS Language DE nbsp nbsp nbsp Language Compatible with this Package Unknown nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile nbsp nbsp nbsp User Parameter logfile changed to C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Application KKJH WN A - - txt nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A miniunz exe nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-arguments nbsp -x C tmp Dell - APPLIC EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers APPLIC A nbsp nbsp nbsp Extraction-GetExitCode nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Translated Command Line POAInstaller exe KEY DA- -FF - DC-BDAD LOGFILE C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp Path C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - nbsp nbsp nbsp Identified Behavior attended nbsp nbsp nbsp Append Vendor Software Log C ProgramData dell drivers Application KKJH WN A - - DUPEA tmp nbsp nbsp nbsp --- Start of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp --- End of Vendor Software Log --- nbsp nbsp nbsp Vendor Software Return Code nbsp nbsp nbsp logo png nbsp nbsp nbsp MUPXMLParser GetResultName Vendor Return Code is not found in Mup xml nbsp nbsp nbsp Name of Exit Code nbsp nbsp nbsp DupAPI GetReturnCode Unable to find DUP value for nbsp nbsp nbsp Exit Code set to x nbsp nbsp nbsp Result FAILURE Previous versions of the Precision Optimizer software installed fine I tried both updating the previous installation as well as uninstalling and re-installing Any idea how to fix this Best regards nbsp nbsp nbsp Bernd nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989759
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I m glad that the Windows drivers for operation Windows - "The 10 M4800 is update on installer Precision unsuccessful" Dell Precision M have been out nbsp Unfortunately when executing different installer files I ve always got nbsp quot The update installer operation is unsuccessful quot Below is an example of the log files Any ideas please Thank you in advance Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot D Software drivers Windows Video Driver DC V WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DC V A Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Language EN Language Compatible with this Package Yes "The update installer operation is unsuccessful" - Windows 10 on Precision M4800 Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers VIDEO miniunz exe Extraction-arguments -x D Software drivers Windows VIDEO EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers VIDEO Extraction-GetExitCode Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Video Driver DC V WN A DUPEAA tmp Translated Command Line setup exe -MUP -Log quot C ProgramData dell drivers "The update installer operation is unsuccessful" - Windows 10 on Precision M4800 Video Driver DC V WN A DUPEAA tmp quot Path C ProgramData dell drivers Video Driver DC V WN A Identified Behavior attended DupAPI Execute Shell Execute Error System error text The system cannot find the file specified DupAPI ExecutePayload An unexpected error occured executing setup exe logo png Name of Exit Code ERROR Exit Code set to x Result FAILURE Open file C ProgramData Dell UpdatePackage Log Video Driver DC V WN A txt Name of Exit Code ERROR Execution terminated at date-time Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot D Software drivers Windows Video Driver DC V WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DC V A Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Language EN Language Compatible with this Package Yes Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers VIDEO miniunz exe Extraction-arguments -x D Software drivers Windows VIDEO EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers VIDEO Extraction-GetExitCode Identified Behavior attended Temporary payload log file name C ProgramData dell drivers Video Driver DC V WN A DUP B tmp Translated Command Line setup exe -MUP -Log quot C ProgramData dell drivers Video Driver DC V WN A DUP B tmp quot Path C ProgramData dell drivers Video Driver DC V WN A Identified Behavior attended DupAPI Execute Shell Execute Error System error text The system cannot find the file specified DupAPI ExecutePayload An unexpected error occured executing setup exe logo png Name of Exit Code ERROR Exit Code set to x Result FAILURE Name of Exit Code ERROR Execution terminated at date-time Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot D Software drivers Windows Video Driver DC V WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DC V A Intializing framework logo png logo png Update Package Execution Started Original command line quot D Software drivers Windows Video Driver DC V WN A EXE quot DUP Framework EXE Version DUP Release DC V A Intializing framework logo png User Command attended DUP Capabilities Value x FFFFF DUP Vendor Software Version Local System Model Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Version OS Compatible with this Package Yes Local System OS Language EN Language Compatible with this Package Yes Extraction-miniunz path C PROGRA dell drivers VIDEO miniunz exe Extraction-arguments -x D Software drivers Windows VIDEO EXE -o -d C PROGRA dell drivers VIDEO Extraction-GetExitCode Identified Behavior a... Read more

A:"The update installer operation is unsuccessful" - Windows 10 on Precision M4800

I'm having the same issue when trying to install a Video Driver on OptiPlex 9020:

[11/15/15 11:31:43] Update Package Execution Started[11/15/15 11:31:43] Original command line: "J:\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16.EXE" [11/15/15 11:31:43] DUP Framework EXE Version: 3.3.0.66[11/15/15 11:31:43] DUP Release: GXPVYA16[11/15/15 11:31:43] Intializing framework...[11/15/15 11:31:43] logo.png[11/15/15 11:31:44] User Command: attended[11/15/15 11:31:44] DUP Capabilities Value: 8388607 (0x7FFFFF)[11/15/15 11:31:44] DUP Vendor Software Version: 10.18.14.4170[11/15/15 11:31:45] System ID: 05A4[11/15/15 11:31:45] System model description: OptiPlex 9020[11/15/15 11:31:45] Match found: 9020 (05A4)[11/15/15 11:31:45] Local System/Model Compatible with this Package? Yes[11/15/15 11:31:45] Local System OS Version: 6.1.1.0[11/15/15 11:31:45] OS Compatible with this Package? Yes[11/15/15 11:31:45] Local System OS Language: EN[11/15/15 11:31:45] Language Compatible with this Package? Yes[11/15/15 11:31:46] Identified Behavior : attended[11/15/15 11:31:46] Temporary payload log file name: C:\ProgramData\dell\drivers\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16\DUP8CF9.tmp[11/15/15 11:31:46] Translated Command Line : setup.exe /report "C:\ProgramData\dell\drivers\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16\DUP8CF9.tmp"[11/15/15 11:31:46] Path : C:\ProgramData\dell\drivers\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16[11/15/15 11:31:46] Identified Behavior : attended[11/15/15 11:31:46] (DupAPI::Execute): *** Shell Execute Error. System error text = The system cannot find the file specified.[11/15/15 11:31:46] (DupAPI::ExecutePayload): *** An unexpected error occured executing setup.exe[11/15/15 11:31:46] (FileUtility::DeleteDirectoryTree): *** DeleteFile() has reported failure. The error message reported by the system is: Access is denied.[11/15/15 11:31:46] logo.png[11/15/15 11:31:46] Name of Exit Code: ERROR[11/15/15 11:31:46] Exit Code set to: 1 (0x1)[11/15/15 11:31:46] Result: FAILURE[11/15/15 11:31:51] Open file: C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdatePackage\Log\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16.txt[11/15/15 11:32:12] User Command: attended[11/15/15 11:32:12] DUP Capabilities Value: 8388607 (0x7FFFFF)[11/15/15 11:32:12] DUP Vendor Software Version: 10.18.14.4170[11/15/15 11:32:12] System ID: 05A4[11/15/15 11:32:12] System model description: OptiPlex 9020[11/15/15 11:32:12] Match found: 9020 (05A4)[11/15/15 11:32:12] Local System/Model Compatible with this Package? Yes[11/15/15 11:32:12] Local System OS Version: 6.1.1.0[11/15/15 11:32:12] OS Compatible with this Package? Yes[11/15/15 11:32:12] Local System OS Language: EN[11/15/15 11:32:12] Language Compatible with this Package? Yes[11/15/15 11:32:12] User Parameter: logfile[11/15/15 11:32:12] User Parameter: logfile changed to: C:\ProgramData\Dell\UpdatePackage\Log\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16.txt[11/15/15 11:32:12] Identified Behavior : attended[11/15/15 11:32:12] Temporary payload log file name: C:\ProgramData\dell\drivers\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16\DUPF3D7.tmp[11/15/15 11:32:12] Translated Command Line : setup.exe /report "C:\ProgramData\dell\drivers\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16\DUPF3D7.tmp"[11/15/15 11:32:12] Path : C:\ProgramData\dell\drivers\Video_Driver_GXPVY_WN32_10.18.14.4170_A16[11/15/15 11:32:12] Identified Behavior : attended[11/15/15 11:32:12] (DupAPI::Execute): *** Shell Execute Error. System error text = The system cannot find the file specified.[11/15/15 11:32:12] (DupAPI::ExecutePayload): *** An unexpected error occured executing setup.exe[11/15/15 11:32:12] logo.png[11/15/15 11:32:12] Name of Exit Code: ERROR[11/15/15 11:32:12] Exit Code set to: 1 (0x1)[11/15/15 11:32:12] Result: FAILURE[11/15/15 11:32:13] Name of Exit Code: ERROR[11/15/15 11:32:13] Execution terminated at date-time 11/15/15 11:32:13[11/15/15 11:32:13] ######
??[11/15/15 11:45:07] Update Package Execution Started[11/15/15 11:45:07]... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19645458
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

a friend gave me his HP DV6500 Notebook to fix it. He said it made an update and then for hours nothing happened. He shut it and started again.

I could see that it tried to recover 2 times. The second time it was successful but it somehow resetted or returned the Vista to a fresh install!!! His data was locked in a previous User account, I backed it up on a usb-stick with a linux live cd.

I can't make a reinstall because now a bluescreen always appears even when I boot from Vista DVD.

ntoskrnl.exe corrupt when try to boot vista in the normal way.
How can I fix that without being able to use the repair option of the DVD?
Sorry, the title of the thread is wrong. I figured out already that the BIOS version is for an Intel. So everything is ok with the BIOS actually.

A:Solved: HP DV6500 Notebook wrong BIOS update by HP update function?

Ok, I could fix it after following instructions from this page:

http://www.delmartian.com/nullpoint...0C1F5-0xC1F5-C1F5-BSOD-CLFS.SYS-KB946084.html

The Txf-log had to be removed and afterwards I was able to use the repair function of the Vista DVD again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-dv6500-notebook-wrong-bios-update-by-hp-update-function.819668/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Guys I have a REAL newbie question I ve tried reading a bunch of tutorials but they re a little over my head I think my question is pretty basic but Motherboard BIOS Drivers INCLUDES Update and Windows on M2A-VM? Update after Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM? a couple hours research hopefully someone here would be kind enough to help I have an M A-VM motherboard and my system keeps freezing up no input from keyboard or mouse no ctl-alt-del nothing It freezes intermittently but never goes more than hours without freezing sometimes freezes in a few seconds with minutes being the average time it works before freezing Seems to freeze more often immediately when I m using the mouse than any other time but it will freeze on it s own just idling if you give it enough time I ve read a few things including updating bios and downloading the latest motherboard drivers My problem starts when I go to download the mobo drivers from this page ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Support- It lists driver updates there for my motherboard files found Qualified Vendor List BIOS BIOS History BIOS-Utilities Chipset AUDIO LAN Utilities Manual And apparently I m missing these Windows Updates Q - Important Q - Important Q - Critical Q - Important Q - Important Q - Moderate Question Do I download all Surely my machine can t need updates How do I know which ones to download and install Question Will a windows update select the appropriate motherboard drivers from this list or is that unrelated Question Will a windows update automatically select these particular updates for me or do I need to do anything manually to get them Question How do I update BIOS Which to choose there are listed above Is this something a professional should do or is it simple enough for a guy like me If anyone takes mercy on me and responds I ll be eternally grateful and I ll promise to help a lost soul in the future as repayment I ll take any help I can get Here are my specs Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M A-VM XX BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD ASUS M A-VM ACPI BIOS Revision Chipset Support AMD Socket AM Athlon Athlon FX Athlon X Sempron RAM Megabytes Usable Installed Memory OS Windows Professional build Thanks guys

A:Windows Update INCLUDES Motherboard Drivers and BIOS Update on M2A-VM?

I have the same board on another pc.

You only need to download and install only that which would make your setup current.

You really only need to update the bios if you will be moving up to a newer processor that is not currently supported by the current bios or if the newer bios fixes a known problem.

You need the latest motherboard chipset driver. (I would install this first if you haven't already)

You need the latest LAN driver.

The audio driver you can either download from Asus or from RealTek.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/90093-windows-update-includes-motherboard-drivers-bios-update-m2a-vm.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Trying to download these updates. Have left computer on for hours to allow them to complete. It never does. Now I read in another post don't update for updating's sake. If that is the case, how can i tell the HP Support assistant (down in the right hand corner) to ignore these?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-update-SP76318-and-touchpad-update-SP76497/td-p/5725520
Relevancy 44.29%

I have on failed a... update Update System ThinkVantage bios or had a laptop purchased months ago therefore under warranty Yesterday the ThinkVantage System Update recommended a BIOS update After the traditional recommendations about what ThinkVantage System Update failed on update bios a... should not shut down the computer the laptop is reset and started with the update During execution displayed on a screen command a message ERROR XXXX Press any key to continue ThinkVantage System Update failed on update bios a... After press the key the laptop was freezedy was completely blocked After an hour without seeing response and no sign of life I decided to turn it off to confirm the disaster The laptop was dead The laptop began to beep and would not start Before the panic generated by the situation I searched the forums where I found several cases that refer to the same ThinkVantage System Update failed on update bios a... problem and the insinuation that makes LENOVO about the customer's responsibility to avoid recognizing the warranty I was not looking for a BIOS update it was recommended by ThinkVantage System Update the software executed it and damage the equipment Besides being a damage caused by the ThinkVantage System Update the situation gets worse when the answer given by support insinuates that the customer turn off the computer so it is a CID Customer Induced Damage and therefore the guarantee does not cover it I do not understand how LENOVO may imply that the responsibility of the customer Really disastrous In conclusion if you are not needing to make a BIOS update it is preferable to omit the BIOS update messages given to ThinkVantage System Update unless it is willing to buy of your own money a new laptop

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/ThinkVantage-System-Update-failed-on-update-bios-and-damage-the/td-p/3453945
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a HP 2000 Notebook PC that goes in a continue loop with a black screen.  The operating system does not load.  The fan works and the led power light is operational.  A current system check reveals the last bios update being F.20 and UEFI update being 4.3.3.3.  I downloaded the most current BIOS on  an USB drive and attempted the BIOS update.  The BIOS upgrade did not recognize the usb drive and I was unable to load the update.  I downloaded the most current UEFI firmware and want to know how to upload it.  Can anyone provide some assistance?  Thank you and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-Screen-BIOS-update-UEFI-Update/td-p/5733628
Relevancy 44.29%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 44.29%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 43.86%

Model: HP EliteBook 2560pOriginal OS: Windows 7Current OS: Windows 7 64 bit Problem:I tried to update the BIOS using this file:http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swItemId=ob_167641_1&swEnvOid=405...Released:3 Jun 2016Version F.62 Rev.A After performing BIOS update with sp76188.exe (7.7 MB) the system won't boot. No power problems occurred during the procedure. I have tried creating recovery USB Key, power up pressing Win+b, but the only effect is Caps Lock blinking and CPU fan working. Solutions for Phoenix BIOS won't work, because it isn't Phoenix BIOS, am I right? Do you have any ideas how to fix this? Best regards,macio232 

A:BIOS corruption after BIOS update

Hello, please use the link below to download the link for latest drivers  http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5071202&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4060 Please be advised there may be chances you will loose complete data while bios recovery  please download the bios file on empty USB Stick and create USB recovery by running that file from the USB drive then follow the instructions as below: with the USB recovery media inserted on the unit  Turn off the computer.Plug the notebook into a power source using the power adapter.Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time while the computer is off.Still pressing the Windows and B keys, press and hold down the Powerbutton on the notebook for 1 second, and then release the Powerbutton and the keys.  

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.Regards,Vijay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-corruption-after-BIOS-update/td-p/5781678
Relevancy 43.86%

Now I don't want to shut down or restart my computer because I fear it won't boot up. This is awful. Is there anything I can do to restore my BIOS whilst my computer still works?

A:Just used @BIOS to update my BIOS, it failed at 50%

Argh is there ANYTHING I can do? I'm going to have to leave my computer on permanently otherwise.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/202867-just-used-bios-update-my-bios-failed-50-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

How do I reset the BIOS or update the BIOS and how can I make the USB drive boot in boot menu? I have been contacting Microsoft multiple times and they need this info to fix my problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-reset-the-BIOS-or-update-the-BIOS-and-how-can-I/td-p/5813424
Relevancy 43.86%

When I open setup,it shows: http://imgur.com/a/tR8bRI have acer aspire v3-571G  Windows 8.1 Pro

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Can-t-update-Q5WV1217-1-13-bios-to-2-17-bios/td-p/449960
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,I have this note book since 2013 it was running windows 8.0  I try to upgrade it to woindows 8.1 with no success. And I saw someone from the forum says if revert BIOS back to old version 01.05 will do. I tried it didn't help. Then I try again to update the bios to newest ver 01.31 .Now the computer take ages to boot up. "One drive shows script err" and can't even go to Store to down load it say "Your PC isn't connect to internet..."  but my internet access and all the program is working just slow.Now what can I do? Go back to old Bios version? How? or you have any suggestion to upgrade to windows 8.1 or windows 10?Any help would be much appreciated. Stanley

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-not-update-from-win8-0-to-8-1-update-the-bios-to-ver01/td-p/5630471
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought this HP Probook G and it has just run out of warranty which I intend to renew very soon nbsp I don't like or so I spent more than I wanted to and I bought a new Windows lappy that is a business laptop nbsp I always do the recommended updates that I receive by E mail but one I never do which is the Bios update nbsp The last time I did a Bios update on this lappy it wouldn't fire up afterwards Rang tech help and after going through some troubleshooting it went back for repair It came back working and luckliy i didn't have many pictures on it Started from scratch and haven't had a problem since nbsp I am now scared to do the Bios update nbsp And nbsp Beofre I bought this laptop I bought a Windows from HP direct Hardly use it but update virus protection to Scared G3. Probook update. update. 455 bios as necassary and last week there was a Bios update to perform I also took out another years warranty on it nbsp Same think happened Last week in fact nbsp Wouldn't fire up afterwards Again Tech help tried to help but in the end after frequent crashes it went in for repair on Friday Good job I took out the extra warranty nbsp I am now down to laptop which I do not want to fail on me nbsp I don't seem to have much luck with the bios update. Probook 455 G3. Scared to update. Bios updates nbsp Advice please Is the Bios absolutely essential

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bios-update-Probook-455-G3-Scared-to-update/td-p/5778110
Relevancy 43.43%

hi, i have been hitting my head for long to get the answer of this question... and got no sophisticated answer in my google search, hopefully u guys could help me out..

well, they ask for BIOS UPDATE, gather your bios version n brand name, go for appropriate site nd have update..?
but the question that arise in my mind..(being tech student and encounter this bootstrap loader numerous times) is
BIOS IS A "ROM" CHIP, and so we must only be able to read from it..
then how is it possible to write on it and update the BIOS and more over, in my college books i find.. if u want to update your bios then u have to change your entire chip or sometime even motherboard

hopefully i will find sufficient answer.. thanx for anyhelp

Relevancy 42.14%

CPU fan failed and PC would not boot except to fan failure message Fan has been replaced but now no bios update update - option to constantly getting blue screen error BSOD which reads WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR and sometimes other errors Windows tries to boot into recovery but BSODs again and again nbsp What I've tried nbsp nbsp Reset BIOS to defaults DONE - same behavior after reset bios update - no option to update to nbsp BIOS defaults nbsp nbsp Tried booting from USB drives several using Linux recovery tools Kaspersky Ubuntu Live etc KERNEL PANIC etc nbsp nbsp Downloaded BIOS update from HP and created BIOS update USB Rebooted with USB key I turned off secure boot etc to allow USB booting - NOTHING I tried this both allowing BIOS to run untouched nbsp and by going into BIOS options pressing ESC boot up - no options anywhere bios update - no option to update to bios update - no option to update read update BIOS nbsp According to an HP Support doc I tried updating the BIOS from w in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI The version on this PC is version nbsp I see no nbsp option to update UEFI Flash BIOS Options read as follows System Information System Tests Component Tests Test Logs Language Exit nbsp nbsp What do I try next please nbsp BIOS JA v CPU AMD A - RAM GB DDR single DIMM in slot nbsp nbsp nbsp NOTE System came w RAM in slot Doesn't POST if RAM DIMM is in slot Is this normal

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-update-no-option-to-update/td-p/5763564
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys I just bought a new PC for school and the HP Support Assistant program recommends an update to the BIOS Now I know the update is available but I also know that you typically should only update if their is a problem as updating BIOS is risky if not done properly Now since is a recommended update I have already attempted the update and it has failed twice I do not want to keep taking chances of messing up a brand new machine just for an update that may not even been necessary to begin with nbsp What I would like to know is what exactly does this update update: Should I update? recommended BIOS HP add fix on this machine I have already searched the Internet but have been unsuccessful in finding a description for this paticular update If someone could please take a look at the attached screenshot and let me know what this update is for I would be most appreciative At least then I could make an informed decision HP recommended BIOS update: Should I update? on wether or not I'm going to attempt HP recommended BIOS update: Should I update? this update again nbsp Thank you nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recommended-BIOS-update-Should-I-update/td-p/5733391
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I have updated my HP Elite 8200 CMT from windows 7 to windows 10. In the HP driver download page, there is no BIOS update for windows 10. But I have noticed that there is BIOS update for Windows 7.  The question is, may I use it on Windows 10 ?  And in general, are BIOS updates OS dependant ? 

A:Bios update after update to Windows 10

Hi: You can pull the DOS based flash file folder out of the BIOS package, copy just the contents of the DOS flash folder to a USB flash drive formatted with the FAT file system. Plug the flash drive in a usb port, restart the PC, tap the ESC key to get the menu of options. Select the F10 System setup option to gain access to the BIOS. Select the File menu>Flash system ROM command.  Select the USB flash drive. The PC will see the files on the flash drive.  Follow the on screen prompts to update the BIOS. That way it makes no difference what operating system you are running. One very important note...I have read the installing the latest BIOS 2.29 causes issues with W10. There is a forum post regarding that... http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Compaq-8200-Elit...I am running v2.28 on my HP 8200 Elite CMT, and have no issues at all on W10. I read that post and decided not to update the BIOS to v2.29.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Bios-update-after-update-to-Windows-10/td-p/5752627
Relevancy 41.71%

Greetings!
I have an Optiplex 9010 AIO. This morning I was trying to update the BIOS of my system, from A10 to A13. During the update process it showed an error: "ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer " - please see the photo below. Although the update failed on the Management Engine part, it still boots up and running OK. I tried couple of times to update the BIOS, and each time I got the same error. I tried to flash the A12 and A11 BIOS as well, A12 gives same error, and A11 has the same Management Engine version hence no use.
Any help on this is very much appreciated!

A:Optiplex 9010 AIO BIOS Update Error - ME FW Update Failed: Internal error: FWU_Buffer

Hi Stone3t,
Can you provide a screen shot showing the current BIOS version?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19534388