Windows Support Forum

Latitude E6520 "FLASH SATA" port - **what* can be used in this slot???

Q: Latitude E6520 "FLASH SATA" port - **what* can be used in this slot???

Hi all,

Over in notebook review (http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/565905-e6520-owners-thread-14.html#post7512511) we have been exhaustively trying to determine if the "FLASH SATA" port marked on the E6520 motherboard can use an mSATA drive, PCIE SATA drive, etc....

So far, nothing. So, I am turning to the Dell community in the hopes we can find someone who knows about this slot and its functionality.

The question is simple - as stated above - what types of drives can be plugged into this slot? Is the interface wired for mSATA, PCIE, or what?

It would be great to have a ~32GB boot drive in this slot, with the primary HD slot reserved for a large mechanical "storage" drive.

I eagerly await any useful information on this topic...

Thanks,

Ran

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Latitude E6520 "FLASH SATA" port - **what* can be used in this slot???

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Latitude E6520 "FLASH SATA" port - **what* can be used in this slot???

It is for an m-SATA SSD card. For example,
www.intel.com/.../solid-state-drives-310-series.html

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19421764
Relevancy 95.48%

Need the aforementioned drivers.  I have installed virtually every driver available in the Driver download page inc Control Vault and cannot get the two driver mentioned.

Any help would be appriciated 

A:Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Check under Security for the Broadcom Unified Security Hub (USH - probably a print/biometric reader) for the device that best matches your hardware:
www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6520
The other "mass storage controller" ... go to Device Manager, right-click the device in question, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids and give me the the VEN and DEV ID's (do the same for the above USH device if the driver linked does not work).  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19487460
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi:

I installed Win7 32 and Win7 64 on partitions "C" and "D" respectively. I have deleted Win32 and have unallocated space. I want to know if there is a way to move the "D" partition to the unallocated space and still have it bootable.

A:How to move "D" partition" to "C" partiion slot

When you boot into Win64, you should see it designated as "C" -- as that is the default drive letter for the Windows native OS partition.

The bigger problem is that, if the boot loader was in the old "C" partition, it's gone now, and unless you have either a Win7 install DVD, or you made a Win7 Repair CD, you will not be able to boot Win7.

If you can't get into Win7, you can purchase a Win7 Repair CD image from the following link and make a bootable CD from it: Windows 7 Recovery Disk and Repair Disc Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327353-how-move-d-partition-c-partiion-slot.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Ok so I got my Maxtor Gig SATA Hard Drive and used the XP utility to create it This is the first time "Basic" on to change SATA Can't drive volume "Dynamic" I did that--I was so used to using Fdisk I always did it that way in the Can't change "Dynamic" to "Basic" volume on SATA drive past Anyway I m using it as a data drive and followed the wizard in XP and ended up with a quot Dynamic quot volume instead of basic I guess that s the default when you go through the wizard--I Can't change "Dynamic" to "Basic" volume on SATA drive just kept clicling the quot next quot not even really paying attention to the choices as I usually do since I m impatient Anway I Googled and noted you need this for RAID drives and its not recognized in OS other than and XP but is there any advantage to it Can't change "Dynamic" to "Basic" volume on SATA drive I m not running a RAID configuration and my main OS disc is quot basic quot Does it matter I can change it to basic it seems pretty easily according to MS article on it nbsp

Relevancy 86.43%

As this question was never answered I ll post it verbatim with my own comments below See original post here http forums techguy org windows-vista -flash-drive-s-active-light html In all "active" doesn't when off Vista turn drive's removed" light Flash in "safely operating systems up Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed" to Vista the flash drive s quot active quot light turns off when I go Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed" through the disconnect procedure but in Vista it doesn t I have traditionally used this as part of my explanation to others and a convenience to myself about when to not to remove the flash drive from its USB port This is a problem common to all Vista systems I ve seen Why does the light not turn off in Vista And is there an easy way to correct Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed" this Additional information I have eliminated this problem being hardware-related I have loaded Vista onto one of my systems here that previously had Windows then XP on it and it was only with the loading of Vista that the problem developed on this system Just to be absolutely sure I did a restore of a previous image of Windows and the problem went away again I put Vista back on and the problem came back So this is strictly a Vista problem Click to expand I have had the same problem with every Vista system I have used and every flash drive note this means SSD NAND flash not HDD s or card adapters AS the last discussion degraded into useless questions about hardware and other OS s let s get a confirmation that someone out there actually has a flash drive that turns its active light off when safely removed in Vista If not can anyone answer the questions below Why would they change this from all previous OS versions Why does the quot safe to remove quot have a confirmation box that must be OK d when XP merely played a set sound Is this just another backwards step windows is taking to justify quot improvements quot with the next version nbsp

A:Flash drive's "active" light doesn't turn off in Vista when "safely removed"

have done a litte research and testing in my lab on several machines and have confirmd the problem. What it seems to indicate to me is that, in Vista, the light simply indicates power, not data transfer. Whenever I am transferring data, the light blinks.

While I have never actually tested it, I do not belive that the "safely remove" feature actually kills all power to the USB port in XP. If that is the case, then there is really no danger as long as vista has acknowledged the disconnect and knows not to try to write data to the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flash-drives-active-light-doesnt-turn-off-in-vista-when-safely-removed.776056/
Relevancy 83.42%

So after my Period class ended I headed off to my spare class to work on some assignments on the Mac My Flash Drive worked perfectly fine in and before Period then in Period it wasn't working On the Mac during my Period it "Needs be to and "Not Formatted" error USB Drive Accessible" Flash said quot Disk not accessible quot with three options I then tried four other computers using Windows and it shown quot G is not accessible - The Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" loaded and that the volume is not corrupted quot At home I plugged in the Flash Drive using Windows HP bit and the same error occurred So I tried the following things Downloading Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted" over literally eight useless programs that searched in the Flash Drive and then asked for money didn't find any files at all or said quot Disk is not Valid quot Went into cmd and typed chkdsk d r Renamed the portion letter Deleting then installing the drivers unplugging then plugging the Flash Drive in It seems the drive is corrupt and I am not sure if it can be fixed at all even by the world's professionals Not too sure but I am hoping this can be fixed even if I have to send it to a store to use their software to recover my files and get the off that drive asap I have all important graphic and science work on there I have work that needs to be handed in around one week from today I never kept backups as this drive has worked with my for over - years with absolutely no problems like this I have switched on and off of using Windows and Macs with this drive before too PS My Flash Drive was at on the capacity display then when I plugged it in after Period it turned up like this PSS The drive's LED lights up so I don't think it is necessarily quot dead quot This is a very dear and important issue for me Thanks to all anyone who solves this

A:Flash Drive USB error "Not Accessible" and "Needs to be Formatted"

Hi MattJoey,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Try partition recovery with the Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.6 Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

or TestDisk (Windows version) TestDisk - CGSecurity

A trial using these for partition recovery that should help, here: Recover a flash drive turned RAW ? Partition Wizard and TestDisk.

( Read only the partition recovery portions in it. Do not attempt zero-write which I did to convert a good pendrive inaccessible for the recovery trial. You already have a bad drive. )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/268721-flash-drive-usb-error-not-accessible-needs-formatted.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I originall posted a topic in SevenForums the other day though I recently found reboot LPT working" "Parallel not after each port Re-open: port Must change manually a closed thread here with a problem that sounds very similar to the one I am having however the one response it got was very dissatisfying to my disappointment The thread I found on here stated the following I work for an organization with about employees and almost all have computers I have experienced the following issue on several machines over the years and still cannot find an answer anywhere on the internet so I am posting here I have an HP business desktop that has two parallel ports in it LPT and LPT On a rare occasion the printer connected to LPT will jam and I have to clear the paper out of the paper path After I clear the jam the computer is no longer able to print anything to "Parallel port not working" Re-open: Must manually change LPT port after each reboot LPT If I use the application that prints to LPT again I get an error in the application stating quot The requested resource is in use quot Others on the internet have reported similar errors and in a few cases the exact same error but no luck with a solution Further there is no error in the Event Viewer s application or system logs So I have tried uninstalling LPT port from the Device Manager reboot and still no luck Same error uninstalling LPT port from the Device Manager shutdown disable the parallel port entirely boot into Windows shutdown re-enable the parallel port boot into Windows Same error Reassign LPT port to LPT Same error More info Turns out that any other printer I try connecting to the LPT port is not able to printed to Plug said printer back into LPT or LPT and it works fine again Problem remains can t print anything to any device in LPT Even more info The printer normally connected to LPT is fine Take it to another computer and it prints beautifully Still more info I know that the LPT port is not experiencing a hardware failure How do I know this Because if I delete everything on the computer s C drive including the partitions and reinstall Windows from scratch the LPT works fine Finally I will add this I have several computers that this has happened to over the years These machines are used at our front gate where we sell tickets to our venue These machines are virtually identically configured and have the same models of printers connected to the same LPT ports The printer connected to LPT is called a BOCA ticket printer and it is not detected at all by Windows on any computer That is fine by us because normally we are able to print to the BOCA on LPT fine Thus on a typical computer here if you go into the Printers folder in XP you will see nothing connected to LPT I am stuck on this one I configure Exchange servers firewalls VMWare hosts implement SharePoint sites yadda yadda yadda pretty much everything here but I can t figure out this one darn thing Oh great Internet is there anyone out there with an answer I m tired of spending the better part of a day reinstalling Windows and all the apps each time this happens to a machine Thank you Click to expand The reply to which was Parallel ports are deprecated and you ll find very little support for that obsolete interface It has been some time since computers even had them when new You d be better off with USB printers are adapters Click to expand Now as much as I agree with this statement under certain circumstances people are unable to purchase a newer printer or have had problems with adapters My circumstance is both My boss does not wish to have to purchase another printer and we used to use an adapter but the adapter caused a lot of anomalies when printing through it and was actually fried via lightning recently We ended up installing a PCI Express Parallel card due to the loss of our Parallel-to-USB So I wish to reopen this issue so to speak in an attempt to find a solution for my current circumstance My expl... Read more

A:"Parallel port not working" Re-open: Must manually change LPT port after each reboot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/parallel-port-not-working-re-open-must-manually-change-lpt-port-after-each-reboot.1058626/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I m spinning around in circles with this and need to be pointed in a new direction I m working with a win PII on which I cannot configure the modem It suddenly stopped being recognized after only uninstalling aol that s all and on next online attempt ---- invalid port or busy error message When checking on the modem diagnostics more info it comes back with quot could not locate port quot and when trying to connect online the error message there is quot invalid port or busy other device may be using etc quot Here s all I ve done so far Renistalled modem amp drivers from software and Device Manager ---- but haven t physically reinstalled modem Removed modem amp ports from Device Manager and reinstalled those Removed modem from control panel modems Added and removed ports in Device Manager "invalid & locate port" "could port" not Reinstalled DUN Checked for disable COM amp IN BIOS that option wasn t found Changed the ports associated with the modem still get same error "invalid port" & "could not locate port" Set up Hayes Compatible same error s Removed ports amp modem amp DUN all at same time reinstalled no deal Presently the modem is on Com but same error occurs on Com Rnaap exe IS NOT running in quot close program quot ------------- Thanks for taking a look Your expertise is appreciated nbsp

A:"invalid port" & "could not locate port"

Uninstall the modem software in Add/Remove Programs; shut computer straight down cold via the Start button; Remove the modem hardware; Restart the computer; Shut down the computer and reinstall the modem hardware and install the software modem drivers upon Windows restart.

Are you using a different ISP now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invalid-port-could-not-locate-port.201763/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

hi --
I have a Apevia X Jupiter G Type full tower case
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...p?EdpNo=3424759&sku=A107-1094&srkey=A107-1094

it comes with--
1 intake 120mm fan in the front--
1 intake 120mm fan on left side panel--
2 exhaust 120mm fans on the rear panel--
plus the exhaust fan that came on my power supply.

with 3 fans blowing out and 2 fans blowing in---I wondered if I should install a fan
in the blow hole slot.

this case has the screw holes in the top of the case for a blow hole.
but didn't come with a fan preinstalled.

should I go ahead a install a fan here and would it be better to turn
the fan around to make it a intake fan instead of a exhaust fan????
do I need more air coming in to my case with 3 fans blowing out??

or just leave the blow hole slot empty.

A:should I turn a "blow hole" exhaust fan port into a intake fan port??

my case came with fan speed control knobs on the front of the case.
I have bought replacement Antec fans to connect to the motherboard.

during my vacation next week I'm going to through away the fans that
came with the case and install the Antec's

I'm starting to believe the motherboard controlling the fans would be a better
set-up than having the control knobs on the case controlling the fans.

at least the motherboard would slow the fan Rpm's at idle
I have turned the knobs to max and left them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-turn-a-blow-hole-exhaust-fan-port-into-a-intake-fan-port.715994/
Relevancy 81.27%

I need to add another sata port to my HP Compaq. The motherboard has a spare PCIe X1 slot. What kind of card to I need to add. Please furnish name and part number if possible.Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Adding-Sata-Port-using-PCIe-slot/td-p/5797426
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Looking for usb or serial external PCMCIA type ll slot.

Now what im tring to do, is...

I currently use my cell phone with a data cable to connect to any computer as a modem. then i can dial out using a special service from alltel called Acess mobile link (slightly higher speeds than regular dialup and this eliminates the middle man and i have unlimited data download) Anyways... they also offer a PC card for type ll slots (common on laptops not on PCs) witch is setup to basicaly do the same thing that my cellphone is doing only i can not find any thing that would allow me to use the card with out having a type ll slot. ANYTHING would be nice. like a "usb adapter" would be nice, or even an "external type ll slot".

Any ideas besides "buying a laptop" would be nice

A:"Wireless PC card" adapter? USB or External type ll slot or ANYTHING

Not sure if I am understanding your right or not....

But would something like THIS do the trick?

It'll give you a type II PCMCIA slot in the back of your computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-pc-card-adapter-usb-or-external-type-ll-slot-or-anything.33144/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all,
I have an E6520 that I have had connected through the HDMI cable to my flat screen for years. All of a sudden I can no longer get the picture on my TV. It seems I have an Intel HD 3000 video card that I have updated to the latest drivers but when I open the graphics options it seems it does not support a TV. After hours of searching I find many posts that say the HDMI output is actually from a Nvidia graphics card. I have gone into device manager and it only shows the Intel card and there is no mention of it in the Dell original configuration of this laptop using the service tag.
Can anyone help me here before I go nuts! It was working fine before. I must be doing something wrong.

A:No HDMI on Latitude E6520

Hi Jerm781
Thanks for writing to us. 
Please PM us the system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. 
Weill see the system configuration and check if the machine has Nvidia graphics and as per that will provide you the driver llnk. 
Have you tried doing a system restore. 
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19975982
Relevancy 79.12%

To run Norton Ghost under DOS on my HP Pavilion N notebook I need a DOS driver quot Dos card and socket drivers quot to access slot services for access to PCMCIA wireless g card NetGear WG to use network storage and at other times PCMCIA USB card Adaptec USB connect AUA- A to use external hard disk I don t know if such drivers are generic or specific to the brand of computer or slot "PCMCIA needed for services" DOS driver to the brand of interface card I have been unable to contact Symantec for information and HP email response sent me to DriverGuide com I found drivers for other makes of computers amp cards but am afraid to install something unless DOS driver for "PCMCIA slot services" needed I know it s likely to work with my setup Would greatly appreciate any info on how to find the item exactly what it s called maybe I m using the DOS driver for "PCMCIA slot services" needed wrong search filters whether there actually IS a driver provided with Ghost whether an other-branded driver would be OK or how to actually contact Symantec since I m sure this issue has come up hundreds or thousands of times for other Ghost users Symantec s website links that include quot or contact us quot do NOT appear to actually lead to any links to send an email to their support people nbsp

Relevancy 79.12%

The Dell Optiplex 7040 MT has 2 slots for adding new 2.5" drives. However. instead of the standard 2.75" width (for a new additional 2.5" SSD drive), the slot seems to be about 3.25" wide.
Any suggestions as  to what part number is needed to fit the 2.5" drive in the designated 2.5" slot are appreciated. Thanks.

A:Optiplex 7040 MT: Caddy for 2.5" drive (2.5" slot)

Hi Currin,
Thanks for writing to us.
There are two size caddies
X9FV3  :: for 2.5" caddy
0CW33  :: for 3.5" caddy
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985883
Relevancy 79.12%

hi,

I have a problem with a usb fed external HDD.

When I plug in via the usb, I get the message: "power surge on hub port".

I am running a Dell inspirion 8600 laptop and it has 2 usb ports. I want to run my digital In
one usb port and my 2.5" external HDD in the other.

I have scanned the web but so far all i have seen is:

1. cover up the problem by removing the error message - not really what I want!
2. Use 2 usb ports for the external HDD - not really what I want as I only have 2 usb ports and want to keep one free for digital camera or other things perhaps.

Surely, in 2006 with IT advances there must be a professional rock solid solution somewhere to this problem?

I run windows xp, with SP2 and auto upload all the latest updates.

Thanks to all for any help

mike9inch

A:2.5" external HDD "power surge on Hub port"

mike9inch said:

hi,

I have a problem with a usb fed external HDD.

When I plug in via the usb, I get the message: "power surge on hub port".

I am running a Dell inspirion 8600 laptop and it has 2 usb ports. I want to run my digital In
one usb port and my 2.5" external HDD in the other.

I have scanned the web but so far all i have seen is:

1. cover up the problem by removing the error message - not really what I want!
2. Use 2 usb ports for the external HDD - not really what I want as I only have 2 usb ports and want to keep one free for digital camera or other things perhaps.

Surely, in 2006 with IT advances there must be a professional rock solid solution somewhere to this problem?

I run windows xp, with SP2 and auto upload all the latest updates.

Thanks to all for any help

mike9inchClick to expand...

The external drive may require two USB ports, one for data transfer, and the other for power. Unless there's the option for a power adapter to plug into the enclosure, you may not have a choice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-5-external-hdd-power-surge-on-hub-port.466228/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,
can anybody tell me if my e6520 would downgrade and run 2x4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SODIMM RAM on 1333 MHz?
RAM
LAPTOP
Best regards,
Saša

A:Dell Latitude e6520 RAM upgrade

kicklop,
Below are the system memory specs for the Latitude E6520.

Memory Module Connector
2 DIMM slots
Memory Module Capacity
1GB, 2GB, 4GB
Memory Type
DDR3 133 MHz
Min to Max Memory
2GB to 8GB*

NOTE: The computer supports a maximum of 8GB* of memory when installed with two 4GB DIMMs; however, a 32-bit operating systems, such as the 32-bit version of Microsoft® Windows® XP, can only use a maximum of 4GB of address space. Moreover, certain components within the computer require address space in the 4GB range. Any address space reserved for these components cannot be used by computer memory; therefore, the amount of memory available to a 32-bit operating system is less than 4GB. Greater than 4GB memory requires 64-bit operating systems.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983880
Relevancy 78.69%

just setting up my new Dell Latitude. Previously used MS Security Essentials...any reason to change to a different product for the new computer?

A:MS Security Essentials ok for my New Latitude E6520?

No ... stay with it
Just be sure to completely uninstall any anti-virus programs that came bundled with the new computer.
Here's a list:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/p...8-0aa4c25a1f91

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/211191-ms-security-essentials-ok-my-new-latitude-e6520.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello I recently upgraded my Latitude e from win to win after a month or so I started experiencing getting a endless loop of quot system recovery quot startups that I struggled with- after that went unsolved for days and left me laptopless it managed to boot up properly on "No Latitude startup- Bootable Dell e6530 Devices" win10 once then after nbsp I thought i d try to nbsp defragment my drivers and pray I closed it for the night only to reopen it the next day to a black screen that says "No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10 quot No Bootable devices quot then options like f to retry f for setup utility and f to open the preboot system assessment none of these options have "No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10 lead to any answers so now i m using a friends laptop to ask for help- I tried looking for results by searching for win issues for days so I thought id try looking into the actual laptop for things like how to factory reset if it comes to that or for different quot f -f quot startup options that I don t know about I don t know i m clueless at this point I m sure it has to do with the windows system- like somehow my computer doesn t have any operating system on it I don t "No Bootable Devices" on startup- Dell Latitude e6530 win10 know If possible I d like to resolve this without losing my files and stuff but i m willing to lose them all if needed any help is appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983191
Relevancy 78.26%

I suspect that this is a out-of-the-box issue (as the power button doesn't light up, either), but maybe I'm missing something...

This particular unit fired up, as expected, and took our standard image. Somewhere along the way (probably during one of its reboots), I noticed that the display went out. Powering it down and back on didn't resolve it, nor did resetting the BIOS. Dell Diags run without issue, and I can boot Windows into Safe Mode...but as soon as I boot Windows normally, it blanks after "Starting Windows" flashes by.

A:Latitude E7440 Display goes Black / Blank after "Starting Windows"

Aarrgghh! I'm kicking myself. It was something I discovered some time ago, and since forgot...

I had them stacked! I shut down one E7440, placed another on top of it, and proceeded to image this second unit. At some point, I must have shifted it ever so slightly...putting it right over whatever the heck is in the cover/lid of the first unit's display!? (A magnetic field, is my guess.) And "blank" goes the second unit's display...knocking out the power button's light, as a bonus.

It worked as expected, when I moved this unit to another location, in order to tap into an HDMI flat-panel. And it blanked out, as soon as I put it back on top of the first E7440. Mystery solved.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19566374
Relevancy 78.26%

Good Evening All,

I having a problem with my Dell Latitude D610.

I went to update the BIOS and it said that the battery is not installed despite the laptop running solely off of battery power!

I have ran the dell device diagnostic and device manager and no issue appears to be with the battery. When you check the battery info in the BIOS settings it says the batteries are not installed and also when you log into XP it constantly says running off of AC power even when its not plugged in!

Any one got any ideas what could be causing this and how it can be solved?

Thanks Nick

A:Dell Latitude "battery not installed" preventing BIOS update

It may be referring to the CMOS battery which is wired to the computer beneath the keyboard. The battery can be replaced for $8.95 to $29.95 depending on where you purchase...

But regardless, you do have a problem that must be resolved. The D610 has been one strange little irrelevant problem after another... but you cannot afford to irritate it and have that mysterious unremovable password appear as it has on so many D610 and D620 Dells.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-battery-not-installed-preventing-bios-update.135990/
Relevancy 78.26%

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64bit and have all the drivers loaded, I think, except one:
Mass Storage Controller
Can't find the driver, don't know what it is. I've installed the chipset driver, the ATA driver, etc. Still it shows as not found.
Any tips or leads would help.

A:Latitude e5420 can't find "Mass Storage Controller"

Hi benhenny,
You might need to install the O2Micro OZ600xxx memory card reader driver from link: http://dell.to/Zh2RDQ 

Please reply for further clarifications.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19497147
Relevancy 78.26%

THE KEYBOARD S ARE FLIPPING OUT I HAVE SEVERAL SPARES THAT I INSTALLED AND THEY ALL DO THE SAME THING BUT WITH DIFFERENT KEYS MOST KEYS WORK BUT 400XT LATITUDE "MISFIRES" DELL KEYBOARD LETTERS SOME ON SECTIONS DELL LATITUDE 400XT KEYBOARD "MISFIRES" ON SOME LETTERS DO NOT AND THE STRANGE THING IS DELL LATITUDE 400XT KEYBOARD "MISFIRES" ON SOME LETTERS IF I PUT IN ANOTHER KEYBOARD THE FAR LEFT KEYS Q A Z X DO NOT WORK AT ALL AND AT OTHER TIMES IT WILL THROU IN M N lt EXC DELL LATITUDE 400XT KEYBOARD "MISFIRES" ON SOME LETTERS F- AND THERE SEEMS NO LOGIC TO IT I USED A DRIVE FROM ANOTHER DELL AND WENT BACK AND FORTH AND THE GOOD COMPUTER THE KEYBOARDS SEEM TO WORK AND THE DRIVES I DID A LITTLE WITH THE CONTROL PANEL SETTINGS FOR US ENGLISH AND NO CHANGE ON A COUPLE OF KEYBOARDS INSTEAD OF ANY LETTERS I GET BEEPS WHEN I PRESS KEYS I AM VERY CONFUSED ON WHAT TO DO I EVEN CLEARED THE COMPUTER BIOS SETTINGS BY DISCONECTING POWER INCLUDING THE INTERNAL BATTERY REINSTALLED a- AND NO CHANGE I HAVE LITTLE TO OFFER BUT GRATITUDE FOR AN ANSWER AND THAT YOU WILL GET PLENTY OF FROM ME nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-400xt-keyboard-misfires-on-some-letters.31137/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there,
I have some serious trouble with my Latitude E5540. In Windows (10, 64bit), it says that it's working on AC, but does not charge. It stays at 39%.
I've done some reading on the Internet and found several approaches which I followed. I updated BIOS and cleaned the connectors of the battery, which obviously didn't help.
Now, I've really run out of ideas and cannot come up with anything more. I've contacted Dell support, but I guess they won't help because the device is more than two years old and I only had 1 year NBD service.
Something I haven't tried is uninstalling the battery hardware from the device manager. Is this a serious option?
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Any suggestion is most welcome! Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Achim

A:Latitude E5540: "Power connected, battery not charging" at 39%

Hello, Nice to hear from you. The battery seems to be the culprit here. Should you wish to go ahead with purchasing battery do do PM us the system tag# by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message. 
Though you mentioned you do not have a spare battery, can you borrow one from somebody or take it to a local store to try (if possible)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19679806
Relevancy 78.26%

THIS KIDS BEEN CRYING SINCE YESTERDAY
I'VE INSTALLED 3 TIMES SHOCKWAVE/FLASH.THE UPDATED VERSIONS.(ONE YESTERDAY,NOW THAT'S UPDATED) NOW
TODAY WE TRY THE DISNEY.COM AND LIKE CLOCKWORK IT
DIDNT PLAY!!NOW I DONT KNOW IF ANY OF YOU HAVE KIDS
BUT ANYONE KNOWS FIRST OF ALL WE FIGHT OVER WHO GETS
THE COMPUTER(SOUND FAMILIAR) THEN WHEN HE DOES
NO FLASH!!! THAT'S IT I'M MOVING (SMILE)
I GOT 3-5 FLASHES ON MY COMPUTER.

Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,
I can't reload Win 7 on this nice old Latitude E4200. 
Repair and reload from restore from restore point don't work, always bombs out with Win restore error detail "Bad Patch".  (There is no 'Dell' option in the repair/ diagnostic menu.)  So, I downloaded a boot image to USB port as instructed. 
On Win7 re-install from USB boot, Step 1 diagnostics and Step 2 backup worked cleanly, but wouldn't proceed to Step 3, with the following error: Samsung SSD PB22-JS3 FDE TM 128GB: "Cannot get Smart status".
Can anyone please enlighten me?
THANKS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994958
Relevancy 77.83%

Greetings,

I have a refurbished Latitude E6500 that "sees" my network fine and is connected to it, but won't recognize my printer on the same network. i know it is not the printer as two other devices can "see" (and use) my printer. My printer is a Cannon PMA 450 some thing er other. Anyone have any way to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Lee Ecke

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683092
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,

My laptop wont power on at all.
No charge light.
No light when power is pressed.

Was working fine yesterday.
Have tried battery and charger from identical working laptop to no avail.

Any ideas? I can usually fix laptops etc but if it wont power on at all I'm lost.

A:Dell Latitude E6520 won't power up (no lights at all)

Did you try removing the battery and AC adapter and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then re-installing the battery and try booting again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6520-wont-power-up-no-lights-at-all.196334/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,

Anyone have a general sense of life expectancy for Dell Latitude E6520? I use the laptop for business - I do not travel often so the laptop is usually docked. I purchased the laptop in December 2011 - it is now 4 years and 3 months old.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:Life Expectancy Dell Latitude E6520

Are you on it daily? Do you use it constantly? I don't think there's an exact rule of thumb, but I don't keep computers for more than 4 years. I always replace them after 4 years. But that's just me, I know some people keep them 6 or 7 years with no issues. I just like new tech. If it works for what you do, then keep it. If it no longer does what you need, or if it's slowed down a bit, maybe time to upgrade it(add and SSD and possibly memory if you can), or get rid of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/392599-life-expectancy-dell-latitude-e6520.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

system went down some how, now i cant get it back up and running..

Its a Dell Latitude LS, CPU 700, ram 256.. running on windows 2000..oh no cd drive or disket..only have a external drive..

Ive tried to boot every freken way possible..(i think )even tried formatting my USB flash drive to boot, i think its not picking up my USB at start up, if it did my external drive would boot,because i have a boot disk in there...... im so close to spillen some gas on it and haven a BBQ!

any help would be great!

A:No operrating System " Dell Latitude LS "

A system that old isn't going to support booting from USB. Since it originally used a proprietary media bay connection, your options are limited. A new laptop is probably more economical at this point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-operrating-system-dell-latitude-ls.731971/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello
Im the owner of Dell Latitude e6430.
Two days ago, I tried to reinstall my Win7 from recovery partition.
I did it before, using ctrl-F11, and everything was ok.
But this time, ive just seen "bootmgr is missing...".
I called technical support in Poland, where the guy told me that only one option, since my gyarantee is over, is to download Win10 and install it from bootable cd.
He also told me, that after this it is possible to return to Win7, using the recovery partition.
I did install Won10 and everything is fine, but i really dont like it.
So i want to return to Win7.
And this is the problem.
Recovery partition is still there with all the files on it.
But ctrl-F11 or F8 option doesnt work.
Does anybody know how to use this partition to return to Win7 in my case.
Tank you :)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982136
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there guys I have the following:
- when booting my notebook using Legacy Bios mode the sound card is visible
- when booting the notebook under UEFI Bios, the sound card "disappears"
As a result I have tried DOUBLE Windows 7 Ultimate (64) installation: in Legacy mode all works fine - In UEFI mode, no sound (sound card is not visible in the device manager and there's no "unknown device" in the list).
This could be a firmware bug. I'd like to use UEFI Bios and have the soundcard visible!
Please don't suggest to run diags, as I have said, in Legacy mode the sound card is visible and fully funcrional. BTW I can't run DELL Pre-Boot utilities because I have wiped out disk partitions before installing
My notebook:
DELL Latitude E6520 with BIOS A01

A:Latitude E6520 + UEFI Bios = No sound card

The notebook has passed the ePSA diagnostics. No problems detected.
My 2 cents:
- A) Some UEFI settings in the BIOS may conflict, technical support should tell how to configure properly
- B) Faulty firmware (A01) - Hope in a quick fix

Whatever, two words from a DELL Technician would help a lot

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19374352
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Latitude E6520/Core i7/8Gb RAM with standard Intel HD(r) Graphics - would I be able to use the Dell U3415W Monitor externally, connected to the Latitude's built-in display port, and drive the monitor at it's native resolution - WQHD (3440x1440), simultaneously with the built in LCD panel at 1920x1080? How about without the built-in panel?
Incidentally, I'd love to know how to figure this sort of stuff out myself, if anyone has any pointers to doing so.
Thanks,Bob

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987282
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm able to get to a command line from a Win - retail install disk - and have tried sfc scannow but it hasn't fixed it - 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations' If this is in the wrong forum please advise - not sure if that's because it's started from outside the original OS - awaiting delivery of recovery media shipped from Dell - - farbar recovery scan tool log below Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-MM RG V on - - Running from F Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST must be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Tutorial e6520 laptop screen of on Win7 death dell latitude 64 Black for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop will not be moved HKLM Run Apoint gt C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe - - Alps Electric Co Ltd HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run Broadcom Wireless Manager UI gt C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY exe - - Dell Inc HKLM Run FreeFallProtection gt C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe - - HKLM Run TdmNotify gt C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Access Advanced Wave Trusted Drive Manager TdmNotify exe - - Wave Systems Corp HKLM Run DFEPApplication gt c Program Files Dell Feature Enhancement Pack DFEPApplication exe - - Dell Inc HKLM-x Run IMSS gt C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components IMSS PIconStartup exe - - Intel Corporation HKLM-x Run Dell Webcam Central gt C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe - - Creative Technology Ltd HKLM-x Run RemoteControl gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run PDVD LanguageShortcut gt C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD Language Language exe - - CyberLink Corp HKLM-x Run RoxWatchTray gt C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared OEM SharedCOM RoxWatchTray OEM exe - - Sonic Solutions HKLM-x Run Desktop Disc Tool gt C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe - - HKLM-x Run Client Access Service gt C Program Files x IBM Client Access cwbsvstr exe - - IBM Corporation HKLM-x Run GrooveMonitor gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run AdobeCS ServiceManager gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run SwitchBoard gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe SwitchBoard SwitchBoard exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run ISUSPM gt C ProgramData FLEXnet Connect isuspm exe - - Flexera Software LLC HKLM-x Run DNS reminder gt C Program Files x Nuance NaturallySpeaking Ereg Ereg exe - - Nuance Communications Inc HKLM-x Run openvpn-gui gt C Program Files x Sophos Sophos SSL VPN Client bin openvpn-gui exe - - HKLM-x Run WD Drive Unlocker gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Security WDDriveAutoUnlock exe - - Western Digital HKLM-x Run WD Quick View gt C Program Files x Western Digital WD Quick View WDDMStatus exe - - Western Digital Technologies Inc HKLM-x Run HP Software Update gt C Program Files x Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run avgnt gt C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe - - Avira Operations GmbH amp Co KG HKLM-x Run ControlCenter gt C Program Files x ControlCenter BrCcBoot exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKLM-x Run IndexSearch gt C Program Files x Nuance PaperPort IndexSearch exe - - Nuance Commu... Read more

A:Black screen of death on Win7 64 dell latitude e6520 laptop

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/573468 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573468/black-screen-of-death-on-win7-64-dell-latitude-e6520-laptop/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I know I m "new" AGP slot-old vs. Solved: about three years behind the technical advances and this is a new one on me I ve got a Gigabyte S FXM RZ motherboard with a P - ghz somebody s curbside treasure I dug an old AGP vid card out Solved: AGP slot-old vs. "new" to see if I could get a POST out out of it without using the onboard graphics All of my older - MB cards have a slot in the plugin toward the front of the card This quot newer quot MB has the slot near the back in the block I ve attached Solved: AGP slot-old vs. "new" a couple of old MB and new MB pics so I m halfway clear on this The older blocks are wide open and the cards fit All my cards except one won t go with the block like that Is this made so an older X card will not install in a newer board What is the quot cutoff quot on the cards vs slot X X or what I ve got to get back into this stuff and leave the cars and work alone Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

"The card supplied was not recognized. Please check that the card is inserted correctly, and tightly."

I ran some updates on an employee's computer and now when I start it up, I receive this error if the aircard is in the PC Card slot. I understand it's misinterpreting it as being a security card or whatever the case may be but I don't understand why or how to remedy it.

Anyone with a similar experience or that can shine a guiding light?

A:"The card supplied was not recognized..." Login issue w/ Aircard in PC-Card slot

What are some other good tech support sites? I work in IT myself and don't use forums for them nearly as much as I should.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-card-supplied-was-not-recognized-login-issue-w-aircard-in-pc-card-slot.659596/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a new Gateway laptop and all last week I was using Error" "Disk Read SATA Laptop Drive Hard it to connect to my home pc using Remote Desktop I noticed a few times that after shutting the lid to the laptop SATA Laptop Hard Drive "Disk Read Error" and walking away when I would come back and open the lid the laptop would be froozen I wonder if it was becuase I was leaving the remote desktop connection open and then the laptop would go into sleep mode and it woudnlt wake up properly Either way the only way I could unfreeze it was by restarting the lapt by forcing it to power down Well the last time it happened after I held the power button and forced a shut down when I powered it back on it said quot Disk Read Error quot I have yanked the drive and connected it via usb to my dekstop pc The drive shows up in disk management but has a red circle in the top left hand corner of the partition and doesnt show up in my computer I put the drive back in the laptop and booted of an XP CD and choose the quot repair quot option I tried to do a quot MIXMBR quot but got a return message that NO partition could be found Does anyone have any ideas how I can recover from this I have Acronis disk director suite installed on my desktop pc and I can reconnect my laptop hard drive to the desktop pc but I don t know if it can do the job Does anyone have any ideas I really can t afford to loose my data Please Help nbsp

A:SATA Laptop Hard Drive "Disk Read Error"

This thread can be closed as #1 the issues has been resolved and #2 it doesn't look like anyone will be repying anyways.

Now, in the case that someone does stumble onto this thread here is an update....
Turns out the hard drive was physically damaged (or so I'm told). Since there was sensitive data on the drive I was being extra cautious and after removing the drive and connecting to another pc and seeing the drive but not the partitions or data I didn't even try FixMBR or anythinhg else becuase I didn't want to take the chance of further damage. I took the drive to a data recovery specialst who was able (for a small fee ofcourse) to recover the data. Since the laptop is still under warranty I took it into the store I bought it and told them the sit. Tehy gave me a new hard drive on the spot and I have now restored it back to normal. Thank You all and goodnight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-laptop-hard-drive-disk-read-error.637884/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a customized Asus M A -M system with - Phenom quad core CPU GHz - GB RAM - BluRay amp DVD R W optical drives - W Antec power supply - disks drive - Vertex GB SSD quot drive - Toshiba GB quot drive - White Label TB quot drive - Seagate TB ST AS just upgraded drive firmware to CC from CC -Multiboot Windows Ultimate OpenSUSE tumbleweed linux Linux Mint Windows Windows Home Premium OpenSUSE v My boot loader is grub with a nice custom boot menu using this background image The issue is the Seagate drive is listed as an quot unknown device quot under Windows Ultimate OS along with other volumes despite the fact it works OK when I boot Windows Home Premium Haven't gotten Windows to boot yet so don't know about that but its just fine under all of the Linux OSs too I have all of these backed up using Macrium on a TB external USB also All of the UUIDs for each disk and partition volume are unique as reported by gparted under Linux Having an issue "unknown for standard Issue resolve drive device" 2: 1 SATA Can't with Windows but I'm saving that Issue 2: Can't resolve "unknown device" for 1 standard SATA drive for a separate thread The Seagate was showing up OK before the FW and RAM update I may have confused the Win Ultimate OS when I had to remove the CMOS battery to reset mobo and I forget to switch the SATA ports to AHCI mode Win Ult booted up but many volumes weren't recognized When I discovered and fixed the move items shown as quot unknown quot starting with the Seagate drive explicitly labeled and other drives presumable the other NTFS partitions on that same drive For a map of the partitions on all of the drives see my Issue Can't boot Windows on multiboot system thread

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/388839-issue-2-cant-resolve-unknown-device-1-standard-sata-drive.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi My system is Powered by GIGABYTE nVIDIA GT Graphics Engine HyperThreading Serial ATA PCI Express x etc - W PSU FULL SPECIFICATIONS - RAIDMAX Ninja Series ATX Chassis with Front Audio amp USB - INTEL Pentium GHz MB L Cache SATA Master, as 200 4 "precautions?" GB New Barracuda Bios settings bit Processor - Generic GB DDR Dual Channel Memory - GIGABYTE GA- I PL-G Motherboard http www giga-byte com MotherBoard Products Products Spec GA- I PL-G Rev x htm - SEAGATE Barracuda GB SATA Hard Disk Drive - Pioneer Dual Double Layer DVD-RW - nVIDIA GT MB DDR PCI Express x Graphics Card by GIGABYTE - Integrated High Definition Channel Audio Controller - Integrated Gigabit Ethernet Controller - USB Ports I read through the thread http www techspot com Bios settings 4 New Barracuda 200 GB SATA as Master, "precautions?" vb all windows t- -Bios-Settings-For-A-Nonraid-Serial-Hard-Drive html and found that informative but not quite sure what is going on The first time I m setting up Master - Slave SATA configuration and though I get some Bios settings 4 New Barracuda 200 GB SATA as Master, "precautions?" stuff others I m seeing for the first time amp Still looking through the rest of the threads I m using my old pc that is running on dialup so its slow going I want to install a SATA II Seagate GB as my master and run my old one as a slave amp This drive I ve brought is suppose to be a new one is there anyway to check if anything else was installed on it If it is clean what are the steps to assign it as the new master version for dummies would be greatly appreciated thumbsup If it isn t clean will it still be the same I don t think my old one is SATA II and was wondering if the warning Mohlianum posted applies to me quot WARNING Switching SATA modes in the BIOS after installing the operating system is not recommended when a SATA drive is the boot drive Switching Bios settings 4 New Barracuda 200 GB SATA as Master, "precautions?" modes may cause an quot NTLDR quot error an immediate blue screen error followed by a reboot or another boot failure quot I was also wondering if my old drive when assigned as the slave and any of its old files are completely isolated from the master I don t want the new one to pick up any bad habits that drive developed It was giving me this problem of assigning USB addresses for output and any output information sent by my application to the USB port would get lost at the fake one I say USB ports for the same Hardware device because everytime I loaded a new output device the HWDW would detect twice and I had to complete both Detect Wizard setups before my device manager would show up that the device was added I have no idea where the first detection process was saving nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-settings-4-new-barracuda-200-gb-sata-as-master-precautions.48207/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hey guys I need Getting on data Error" drive "Hard SATA Disk second one of you hardware geeks to help me here I finally bought the Maxtor DiamondMax hard drive Its SATA Gig with a Meg Cache and NCQ I already Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive have a SATA WD Raptor as my main drive and Getting "Hard Disk Error" on second SATA data drive trying to install this one has a data drive I have an Asus PW D Premium Board When I boot up it takes a long time about a minute to do anything than I eventually get a quot Hard disc error quot and I have to hit F to continue The BIOS recognizes the drive but Windows does not I ve swapped out the cable and tried a different controller same result While I have like hard drives laying around they are all PATA--no SATAs to try I think the drive is damaged I downloaded Maxtor s PowerMax but its worthless--goes through some tests and the inital ones pass and later ones fail but its the same thing on the other drive the Raptor and that one works fine Tells me eventually to contact Maxtor Tech Support on both drives Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

with this computer Internet works fine for a while then it stops working Get this error message when i got to diagnose I even bought a new router to fix this problem but it still occured I had static IP with the old router Service connection not establish xxx (HTTP)" a port set on Web is Wide up "World to bought a new router used DHCP still the same problem when the problem happened i turned off zone alarm and avg to see if it was causing the problem but it doesnt seem to be as the internet on this desktop dell pc still doesnt work On the reboot it always works- and when it stops working here on the desktop on the wireless connection it transmits to my windows xp laptop- it does work where on xxx is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)" the desktop it doesnt I never had this problem with my old router and windows xp this is happening since i got vista I cant see any pre-installed software from DELL that could be causing the problem Can someone please help When i google this error i get a lot of results but nothing so far to fix this problem it is quite annoying and i dont see what could be triggering the internet to stop working for some random reason Thanks in advance james

A:xxx is not set up to establish a connection on port "World Wide Web Service (HTTP)"

bump

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/228876-xxx-not-set-up-establish-connection-port-world-wide-web-service-http.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I plugged my laptop into an integra receiver via HDMI port multiple ports and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video Video works great The laptop is an alienware laptop on Windows port Graphics and in" Nvidia "cable plugged card HDMI Not says upgraded from Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" windows purchased November of The HDMI would transfer audio and video in windows intermittently for a year or two However I had to turn the tv receiver and computer on in a specific order and eventually approximately hour of doing Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" this each time I wanted audio I'd get the audio over the HDMI cable until I shut down I've been on windows now for a while and never have gotten the HDMI audio to work I kinda gave up but would like to use my laptop now to play movies to my new epson k projector and am unable to get audio to work at Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in" all Video is phenomenal The HDMI port shows up in the device manager under sound devices However constantly shows quot Cable not plugged in quot whether the cable is or is not plugged in It's an older Geforce card - wanna say it's a Geforce Also has an intel graphics adapter as well I've done all the nvidia updates windows updates I've gone so far as removing the sound adapters and rebooting removing the graphics adapters and letting them reinstall The HDMI audio port always comes back with quot Cable Not plugged in quot It's staring me in the face constantly I kinda gave up and switched to broadcasting using Chromecast which works o k but it's streaming it over chrome on my home network and I feel a direct connect via HDMI would have less buffering and less latency and best quality audio video Any suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66810-nvidia-graphics-card-hdmi-port-says-cable-not-plugged.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Greetings again!!! A client of mine (I remodeled her house) gave me a great Multi Function Center- Fax, printer,copier, scanner- Brother- MFC 7150C to be specific. She lost the install disc. I went to Brother.com and found the model number and the drivers however it says that I have to first install Visioneer Paper Port first from the CD-ROM disc. Now, isn't that convienent! I did a search for that it is associated with lots of programs and machines. I downloaded one, that was associated with "DocuShare". Kind of at a loss. Does anyone know if this a free download I can get? And what is it anyway?

Thanks ahead.

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello!
I have a problem. I have adjourned the bios of the pc acer aspire M1641 and when I have restarted the pc tuneup utilities it signals me this problem:

the peripheral "Nvidia port io control driver" doesn't correctly work

Do you know as solution for this?

A:"Nvidia port io control driver" doesn't correctly work

Hi,
Did you find a solution to this problem? TuneUp Utilities report on an identical problem on my win7 system

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/57776-nvidia-port-io-control-driver-doesnt-correctly-work.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Okay, I have an A-Link RR24AP router to which im connected wirelessly. The problem is that I can't port forward anymore. I used to be able to do that and all the ports I have forwarded are currently working. When I try to forward new ports the same way I have forwarded them before, I get an error stating "ERROR: Error found on page". I haven't changed any router settings or anything so I have no idea what could be causing this.

Relevancy 73.53%

Dear "Power Error Hub pops Port" up message on Surge - at SystemTray frienda A disgusting error message pops up at my System Tray frequently like this- Power Surge on Hub Port A USB Port has exceeded the power limits of its hub port For assistance in solving this problem click this message When I click on this message Icon at the system tray a window in the name of Poer Surge on Hub Port opens with the follwing text A USB device has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port You should disconnect the device The location of the device is shown in bold type USB Root Hub ports Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Unused port Recommendation To enable the port disconnect the Hardware and click quot Reset quot If you click quot Close "Power Surge on Hub Port" - Error message pops up at SystemTray quot the port will no longer function Reset Close My problem is I am unable to understand the meaning of this error message Which hardware should I disconnect from the USB port As far as I know I am not facing any hardware problems All my devices are working fine Can any one please help me to solve this problem to eliminate this frequent error message Thank you Sincerely yours nkrao nbsp

A:"Power Surge on Hub Port" - Error message pops up at SystemTray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-surge-on-hub-port-error-message-pops-up-at-systemtray.868019/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have the game port microsoft sidewinder precision pro force feedback and some ch product flight sticks I bought this brand new sabrent channel sound D pci card with a game port Windows XP pro saw the card and installed the drivers I hooked up the sidewinder went into the control panel to the game controller box Search down the list and clicked on the sidewinder When it loaded up I got a message from windows that it detects and is installing the sidewinder but when I go to the controller box it says it is not connect Now I triple checked to make sure it was connected properly with both joysticks I checked to see Sound Connected" Port "Not w/Game New Card error Sabrent if there were any updates for the sound card driver and the game port driver no new updates and the device manager shows that both are working properly I went into the BIOS to disable the on board sound but New Sabrent Sound Card w/Game Port "Not Connected" error that didn t help So anyone here know how to correct this Looks like no matter what joystick I hook up I get the quot not connected quot error Help nbsp

A:New Sabrent Sound Card w/Game Port "Not Connected" error

also I would like to add that I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but no change. Could it be some IRQ sharing conflict?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-sabrent-sound-card-w-game-port-not-connected-error.995363/
Relevancy 73.53%

My friend is having this problem where he gets the error "Power Surge in Hub Port" and his mouse stops working. Usually he is able to just take it out and put it back in and it will work for another 10-15 minutes. However, as of today, he got that error and tried several times but nothing, it's just stopped working. The stupid thing is it tells him to click on it if he wants to fix it, but his mouse isn't working, and when it does work, the message goes away. Is there anything I can do to help him out? So far, having checked out the problem, its not the mouse, unless both of the mice he has are both defective. I just can't locate the problem. Thanks in advance.

A:Unresponsive Mouse "Power Surge in Hub Port" Error

Is this USB or PS/2? In other words, is it a little round connector, or a rectangular one?

If it's round (PS/2), I'm not sure what to do, but if it's rectangular (USB), try plugging it into a different USB port. Maybe plug it into a port on the front of the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unresponsive-mouse-power-surge-in-hub-port-error.69537/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Belkin ExpressBus port USB Hub F U From time to time all the USB Hub 4 Device" Removal with port Belkin F5U101 "Unsafe of devices plugged into it get quot Unsafe Removal of Device quot messages and usually continue to work As "Unsafe Removal of Device" with Belkin 4 port USB Hub F5U101 I researched this I found the following at http www belkin com support faq F U html They refer to a Microsoft fix for quot Electrostatic Discharge Disables Devices Plugged In To USB Hub quot I have searched Microsoft s Knowledge Base and can t find that fix I contacted Belkin and they told me to contact Microsoft Has anybody else had this problem and "Unsafe Removal of Device" with Belkin 4 port USB Hub F5U101 did you get a fix from Microsoft or Belkin From http www belkin com support faq F U html SYMPTOMS When you use Universal Serial Bus USB devices connected to an external USB hub one or more devices plugged into the hub may suddenly stop working This problem is more likely to occur with external USB hubs that "Unsafe Removal of Device" with Belkin 4 port USB Hub F5U101 are powered by an external power source self-powered than with USB hubs that are powered by the USB bus itself bus-powered This problem does not occur with devices that are plugged directly into the quot root quot hub built into the computer itself CAUSE This problem may occur if the USB hub receives an electrostatic discharge ESD also known as a static electric shock When an electrostatic discharge occurs Windows may be unable to properly restart an external USB hub to recover from the error RESOLUTION A supported fix that corrects this problem is now available from Microsoft but it has not been fully regression tested and should be applied only to systems experiencing this specific problem To resolve this problem contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello installing when printer: is port Error (1796)" unknown specified "the I have a new Lexmark Pro series wireless printer I have it installed on our home Error when installing printer: "the specified port is unknown (1796)" wireless network and can print to it fine from two separate Vista laptops On an older Dell XP SP desktop machine however when I try to install the Lexmark printer drivers from their CD I get an error The full text of the error is quot Failed to create print object Lexmark Pro Series Network The specified port is unknown quot The error appears near the end of the installation process Also no printer icon shows up in Printers and Faxes The first thing I did was contact Lexmark technical support They tried several things but to no avail including doing an uninstall and cleaning of any Lexmark drivers disconnecting and reconnecting the printer via a USB cable not needed for normal operation and reinstalling the drivers a couple of times They said the cause of the problem is something wrong with the Spooler Subsystem Apps and that I would need to repair or update it Any ideas how to do this I ve got some decent tech skills and am comfortable doing minor tweaks in the registry and such Thanks Tim nbsp

A:Error when installing printer: "the specified port is unknown (1796)"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-installing-printer-the-specified-port-is-unknown-1796.899846/
Relevancy 73.53%

In WindowsXP Home everytime I plug in a USB device, I get the error dialog that says, "Windows can not load the installer for volume". I click ok and it goes away. The USB device works fine. I also get this same problem when using my SATA harddrives, but the drives work fine. Can someone tell me what the problem is here and how to fix it? Thanks.

Dan

A:Getting a Device Installer Error: Sata/IDE ["cannot load installer for hdc SATA"]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-device-installer-error-sata-ide-cannot-load-installer-for-hdc-sata.433066/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have the "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon in my system tray. One of my drives, a WD20EARS (WD Green 2TB) is listed there. I want the icon to go away since I obviously have no need to eject the drive.

How can I stop Windows from thinking it's a drive that's ejectable?

A:Internal SATA drive showing as "ejectable"

Is this a new drive recently added? Is this drive the primary drive or just for storage? Is this an internal drive or external drive? Did you follow the manufacturers directions for installing the drive if it's an internal HDD.

SATA Hard Drive - How to Install and Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189511-internal-sata-drive-showing-ejectable.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Recently I had to send my Dell Desktop PC back to Dell for repairs It needed it's video card replaced The PC was return to me completely reformatted with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program on it just like before Unfortunately since the computer has been returned to me Program SATA is my Problem SSD says changing "inaccessible". IRST says quot Acceleration using solid-state drives Disabled The accelerated disk Program says my SSD is "inaccessible". Problem changing SATA or volume associated with the cache Program says my SSD is "inaccessible". Problem changing SATA device is Program says my SSD is "inaccessible". Problem changing SATA inaccessible and the overall performance is no longer optimized Please reconnect the accelerated disk or volume or click Accelerate for more troubleshooting options quot It also says quot SSD on port normal quot There is no Accelerate button than I can see though What I can see in the program's storage system view are both my TB hard drive and my GB solid state drive the same two drives I had before I sent the computer away and both have green check marks by them indicating that they're connected I called Dell support and they got me to go into my BIOS and change my SATA mode to AHCI All that did was make it so my computer would not even boot to windows getting stuck in a never ending cycle of error messages on start up before I changed the setting back The support seemed puzzled after that I went online and someone else told me I have to reinstall my entire operating system after changing my SATA mode The problem is I don't want to lose my free install of Windows Is there any other solution other than reinstalling everything I just want to be able to use this SSD to accelerate my PC like I used to

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64517-program-says-my-ssd-inaccessible-problem-changing-sata.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Since changing to I've had a really hard time cleaning infected Cannot SATA/IDE-to-USB via adapter drive connected "see" hard hard drives In fact it's been impossible With XP I could connect the infected drive using a SATA IDE-to-USB adapter take ownership of the drive and get rid Cannot "see" hard drive connected via SATA/IDE-to-USB adapter of the offending files With however the drive isn't recognized until I initialize it which naturally will blow away everything on the drive nbsp Cannot "see" hard drive connected via SATA/IDE-to-USB adapter It's another MSoft catch- If I back up the data so it's safe to initialize then I have to be able to access the data to back it up so I can initialize it right If I do that on the infected computer chances are I'm backing up the virus anyway Same goes for old hard drives I have lying around I'd love to see what's on them but I can't unless I first initialize them which precludes my ability to see what's on them I don't have an IDE port on my desktop so some of these drives cannot be connected directly Finally I don't do this kind of stuff all the time anymore due to health reasons so it's not worth building a retro machine just for this purpose Is there not some kind of work-around for this or is another shining example of planned nbsp obsolescence nbsp I'm out of my mind please leave a message

A:Cannot "see" hard drive connected via SATA/IDE-to-USB adapter

Something must be wrong with your disks, there should not problems with connecting old sata disk with a sata-to-usb adapter.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ca72613-0e9b-4c47-a18f-e599b27cf7d9/cannot-quotseequot-hard-drive-connected-via-sataidetousb-adapter?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey forum First post here I hear this is a great place to come for Vista help so here goes I recently completed a new computer and am having trouble with my optical drive Model LG GH NS The funny thing is I actually installed Vista onto my main HD also a SATA drive using the optical drive when I first loaded the in problem? "Please drive D:" disc insert SATA computer The error now is that when I put a disc into the drive Vista doesn't recognize the disc and when I try to access the drive the error message quot Please Insert a disc in drive D quot shows up and the drive ejects The drive shows up in device manager I've tried deleting it and rebooting to let Windows reinstall the drivers and have tried upgrading all the drivers I can find myself Just to be sure I took the drive out and tested it on another computer and I now SATA problem? "Please insert disc in drive D:" know the hardware is working just fine I've seen other posts on other forums with similar problems but haven't found SATA problem? "Please insert disc in drive D:" a solution Here are the specs on my rig BIOSTAR TA GX M AMD Phenom II X Deneb GHz GB DDR RAM NVIDIA GeForce GT MB LG Black X CAV DVD R GH NS which I hope to soon have working Thanks in advance for any help you can offer -Q

A:SATA problem? "Please insert disc in drive D:"

Install the SATA drivers/software for your controllers either from a download or FDD/usb floppy. Did it come with a disk?, and have you updated your system at Windows update for Windows and other pruducts?, (keep going back until it says no further updates available for your system)

It should work out of the box as long as the sata/raid controller is loaded (and it must be if Vista sees your SATA HDD). Check your BIOS setting for the optical make sure it sees it as a SATA AHCI DVD RE optical drive, and not running under IDE mode.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/230938-sata-problem-please-insert-disc-drive-d.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Greetings from me in St'go de Chile Finally my eBay 3.5" Drive / to arrived!! My 2.5" IDE Adapter SATA HDD ATA Converter quot China flavored quot quot quot Drive SATA to ATA IDE Converter Adapter HDD arrived Now my problems start In USB mode Gb free HDD space is shown yet when I connect with the SATA to ATA IDE adapter BIOS shows Gb Using quot Paragon HDD Manager quot I tried to copy the OS amp data of another HDD to this new Gb HDD At first it all went well yet about half an hour later I got error messages Disk I O error When I try to format it Drive not read error And now Paragon HDD Manager does not even allow me to see My 2.5" / 3.5" Drive SATA to ATA IDE Converter Adapter HDD arrived!! the disks When I go back and plug in the USB front part of the new HDD everything seems OK just like before Maybe the new HDD need to have the pins for Master Slave etc assigned I just left them as they came and wouldn't know which ones to assign for quot Master quot

A:My 2.5" / 3.5" Drive SATA to ATA IDE Converter Adapter HDD arrived!!

What type of drive are you attaching, IDE or SATA? There are no jumper pins per se for SATA drives. If it is an IDE drive the jumper should be in the CS or Master position. Are you using the power adapter with the USB Adapter? If you are attaching this to a Windows computer go to Start/Run and type diskmgmt.msc and press enter. In Disk Management, what does the drive look like? You may have a 137 GB partition and the rest could be Unallocated space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-2-5-3-5-drive-sata-to-ata-ide-converter-adapter-hdd-arrived-607263.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a custom built HTPC with a Seagate SATA drive. Media Center halted, and Win7 would not reboot. When I attempt to reinstall Win7 it cannot find the drive (C) - "No drives were found. Click Load Driver to provide a mass storage driver for installation."

My research tells me SATA drives don't have drivers, at least that's what Seagate says.
I've changed BIOS SATA controller from "Enhanced" to "Compatible" with no effect.
Don't know what to try next. Please don?t make me go to Geek Squad J
Any help?

A:Win7 "No Drives found" SATA drive

May we get the make and model of your Motherboard?

Also the model of your SATA drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/152908-win7-no-drives-found-sata-drive.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I just built a new computer. Everything seems to be working fine, Windows loaded etc. THen I noticed the icon by the clock that says Safely remove hardware. It lists my C: drive. I only have the one harddrive, a SATA 160GB WD. It is plugged into SATA port 3 as 1 and 2 were hard to get at. How do I get this to list as a normal C drive? The motherboard is a
XFX nForce 680i LT SLI. DO I need to change something in the BIOS?

A:SATA C:\ drive lists as "removable disk"

Look at its properties in Device Manager. You may be able to unselect "Removable".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sata-c-drive-lists-as-removable-disk.652007/
Relevancy 73.1%

I downloaded the new driver from the Windows Update page, Silicon Image for the SATA-Raid motherboard I have. It failed, and now I cannot take it out.

When I start up now, I get a message that Windows is installing it and then it says it failed. When I try to uninstall it, it won't come out and when I go to the update site, it downloads but does not install. I tried to reinstall it from the disk that comes with the SATA Raid, but it will not install from their either. It says there is an "error".

What can I do?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-update-silicon-image-for-sata-raid-will-not-go-through.213168/
Relevancy 73.1%

This is strange. I am using Vista and I just noticed that my 2nd SATA HD (400GB Maxtor) has an autoplay function in it, while my 1st SATA HD doesn't. I don't think it has any viruses or anything... but it just has an autoplay function when I right click it. When I do click autoplay, just another menu pops up saying I have mixed content (like do I want to play music/video/pictures, etc)... I do have a bunch of files in the 2nd HD... like music, videos, pictures, documents, etc... maybe it's like this for Vista?

Strange, eh?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-sata-hd-in-vista-showing-autoplay-function.619359/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

A:installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

Quote:

Originally Posted by soash

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Check your BIOS for settings on that port you seated that pci card in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-4x-port-usb-to-window-7-pc-usb-wont-read-win7-fatal-error-message-646284.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I had my power adapter plugged into my laptop as normal but the power indicator light did not come on as normal when I plugged it in before I opened the lid It works in battery mode when I open the lid My port Laptop Power 8? Win (AC) in "check" adapter Toshiba PC Health monitor tells me the battery is quot good quot I'm using it now and Laptop Power adapter port (AC) "check" in Win 8? it seems OK in battery mode And yes I checked the unit and cords--look fine Power is on There are no quot stupid quot mistakes on my part Is there any way to check the quot power adapter quot in the laptop laptop side--I don't mean the external one using the Win OS I know this is probably a quot hardware quot problem but I figured I see if I could get any information from Windows about the issue I went into the device manager and checked the properties of Microsoft AC Adapter and Compliant control method battery both under the quot Batteries quot section I checked what seemed could be related to power under System Devices and all say quot This device is working properly quot It is like the computer doesn't recognize it is plugged in to an AC source If anyone knows a Win method to check anything before I try to order an adapter or so forth it would be appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49808-laptop-power-adapter-port-ac-check-win-8-a.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi guys I just bought new PC with ASUS P P -E Deluxe MOBO and cannot get MOBO s LAN Marvell Yukon Gigabit chip working properly with my Terayon x DOCSIS cable modem that has BaseT port The cable used is standard patch CAT- e cable supplied with cable modem Of course PC and modem work fine with lt PCI NIC this is what I m using as I write this post I have Windows XP Pro SP installed with all the is A LAN DLX and down" Gigabit ASUS problem "Port P4P800-E latest drivers ASUS provided on web-site Gigabit device is visible can be enabled disabled parameters can be set for the driver through device properties etc Everything seems to be normal except that it will not go into quot Connected quot status After enabling it goes into quot Network cable unplugged quot state and stays there forewer ASUS P4P800-E DLX and Gigabit LAN "Port A is down" problem In XP Event viewer there are following messages Event Type Information ASUS P4P800-E DLX and Gigabit LAN "Port A is down" problem Event Source yukonwxp Event Category None Event ID Date ASUS P4P800-E DLX and Gigabit LAN "Port A is down" problem Time PM User N A Computer NONE Description Port A is down Data a Z S Event Type Warning Event Source Dhcp Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer NONE Description Your computer has automatically configured the IP address for the Network Card with network address xxxxxxxxxxxx The IP address being used is For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data Initially the cable modems link LED were off although I expected that devices will auto-negotiate the speed I had to configure device driver not to use Autosense - any other setting Mbs half full duplex and link LED on cable modem goes on However LEDs on MOBO connector are off permanently I used Yukon s Virtual Cable Tester diagnostic SW - with disconnected modem it says all pairs are open at m distance which is OK - with modem connected it says pairs - and - are normal cable and - and - are open cable at m To me it really looks like a cable problem but the cable used is standard CAT- e patch cable which works fine with Base-T As far as I know it should work for -BaseT as well - especially when gigabit device is forced to behave as -BaseT However what VCT reports makes no sense to me as it reports pairs - and - as connected correctly I d expect - and - Is it possible that ASUS screwed up the pinout on the MOBO RJ- connector or I need a different cable or am I missing something here I m not sure whether it s the proper thread to post this but I d really appreciate some ideas as I m completely stuck Thanks in advance nbsp

A:ASUS P4P800-E DLX and Gigabit LAN "Port A is down" problem

Welcome to TechSpot

I am not familiar with your specific equipment, but against the instructions, quite often you need a straight cable rather than a patch/crossover cable (10/100 MBs).

But for 1000-BaseT you will need a Cat-6 cable for it to work. They use more internal wires.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p4p800-e-dlx-and-gigabit-lan-port-a-is-down-problem.17208/
Relevancy 73.1%

Lately when I try to use my Canon scanner I get a msg
"printer port is being used by another device"
The printer cable comes directly from the computer and then links on to an Epson printer. Removing the printer cable makes no difference The operating system is XP

Any suggestions

Maurice
Port Macquarie NSW
Australia

A:[SOLVED] Scanner problem "port is being used by another device"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scanner-problem-port-is-being-used-by-another-device.124637/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello In my quest or Solved: question 3 layer 2 "port" switch to figure out vlans today This book im reading refers to switch ports as having more that one device attached to them in some situations Im wondering what are some of the more common port Solved: layer 2 or 3 switch "port" question configurations for a quot single port quot on a multi-port switch Im not referring to the root ports or ports that are used to connect to other layer or devices for redundancy But for some reason I always think of one node as connected to a port switch and thats it a printer perhaps one pc or a server etc creating just one segment I just figured that on big switches there would be enough ports for dedicating one device per port So what Im looking for is when people talk about having more that one device per port on a switch do you know what there referring to exactly Or are they just really saying that in some cases a single port can support quot multiple devices quot by actually connecting to another hub bridge or switch and its devices and the mac addresses which would be added to that specific port routing table Im just trying to make sure im not overlooking anything Any tips would be great thanks much nbsp

A:Solved: layer 2 or 3 switch "port" question

Trunk ports. What you're referring to is fairly correct in that you would typically see that with hubs/other switches/etc.

A VLAN tagged [trunk] port can carry multiple VLANs of traffic at Layer2. So you can have logical separation over one physical port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-layer-2-or-3-switch-port-question.538180/
Relevancy 73.1%

I had to upgrade to windows 8..and I chose to save all my stuff from windows 7...should of done a clean install...anyway...I had paperport 11se working fine in windows 7 home 64bit, and then in the windows 8 64 upgrade environment it started to give me an error report when I tried to scan a document: "out of memory"....I have 8gb memory on my system....Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paper-port-se-on-windows-8-out-of-memory-error.1076724/
Relevancy 73.1%

Computer recognizes my USR 5610C modem on my Business Edition Vista x64 and Device Manager shows that it is functioning properly. However, when I query the modem I get the message shown above and I'm at a loss on how to fix it in Vista. I have a separate analog POTS line for the modem to be used only for sending and receiving fax.

Any ideas"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-verify-that-the-interrupt-for-the-port-is-properly-set.800282/
Relevancy 73.1%

Computer recognizes my USR 5610C modem on my Business Edition Vista x64 and Device Manager shows that it is functioning properly. However, when I query the modem I get the message shown above and I'm at a loss on how to fix it in Vista. I have a separate analog POTS line for the modem to be used only for sending and receiving fax.

Any ideas"

A:Vista "..verify that the interrupt for the port is properly set"

Hello :)

Well it could be that another service is using the port

1. Navigate to:

Start\Control Panel\System\Hardware\Device Manager

2. Under the "Ports" section double-click the port the modem is on

3. Select "Resources" and under "Conflicting Device List" you should see if there are any other device using the IRQ, if so click on change settings and find one online which is for free :D :)

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-verify-that-the-interrupt-for-the-port-is-properly-set-345888.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have an HP Pavillion and usuing an application entitled quot Fidelity Active Trader Pro quot It's worked fine until recently I cannot perform a stock screen search That process typically involved web access While trying to figure out the problem I noticed in the Norton Activity Log the phase quot Unused port blocking has blocked communications quot after I attempted to do the stock screen search I suspect I might have a virus or something I followed the Tech Support Forurs instructions for Virus Trojan Spyware removal The DDS file is copied below The quot Attach quot and quot ARK txt quot files are compressed and attached Thanks GlennU DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Thu Internet Explorer blocked "Unused port has blocking communications" Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning enabled Updated FW Norton Internet Security enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AluSchedulerSvc exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe "Unused port blocking has blocked communications" C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system ScsiAccess EXE C "Unused port blocking has blocked communications" WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files HP "Unused port blocking has blocked communications" Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Kodak KODAK Software Updater Program backWeb- exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp google com uDefault Page URL hxxp us hpwis com uDefault Search URL hxxp srch-us hpwis com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie mStart Page hxxp us hpwis com mSearch Bar uURLSearchHooks AOLSearchHook Class eb ea-e be- cfd- f f-c a c eafa - c program files aol search AOLSearch dll uURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aim toolbar aoltb dll mURLSearchHooks AOLTBSearch Class ea - - db- f -d ca fb c d - c program files aol aim toolbar aoltb dll BHO Yahoo Companion BHO d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn ycomp dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AOLSearchHook Class eb ea-e be- cfd- f f-c a c eafa - c program files aol search AOLSearch dll BHO NCO IE BHO adb e- aff- - aa - dac dfa - c program files common files symantec shared coshared browser coIEPlg dll BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention d ec - aae- -aeee-f f c - c progra common symant ids IPSBHO dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher c - cb - a -b f - ea c f - c program files aol aim toolbar aoltb dll BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO a c -b ... Read more

A:"Unused port blocking has blocked communications"

Hello and welcome to TSF.

If you still need help, please post a fresh DDS.txt as it has been a while since you posted.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don?t hear from you in three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/unused-port-blocking-has-blocked-communications-330356.html
Relevancy 73.1%

When I plugged in my Win 8 phone into my Win 7 laptop USB port the laptop used to open a dialog box offering action choices. Now it just (1) sounds the two tones and (2) lists a Windows phone in the Open Devices and Printers icon. Windows Explorer won't display it.

It performs normally on my other two Win 7 computers and my Win 8 Surface Pro2 so it's obviously a setting on my most frequently used laptop.

Any suggestions for resetting to the original default?

A:Win 7 "Sees" Win 8 Phone on USB Port but Subsequently Ignores It

I know how to fix this for USB sticks it seems to be working with my phone as well.

This has happened to me plenty of times with USB sticks, and what I did to fix was:

1) Go to control panel
2) Search Device Manager in the search box and click "Device Manager" from the results
3) Expand "Disk Drives" for USB or "Portable Devices" for phones.
4) Locate your device, right click it, click "Properties", go to the "Driver" tab and click "Uninstall", which is a button located at the bottom of the window.
5) Unplug your device and plug it back in. Everything should be working just fine. (It will automatically reinstall the device software).

This uninstalls the device software which gets installed when you plug in your device for the first time. It doesn't affects the device's data.

I'll do this with my phone (android) and I'll get back to you in a second.

EDIT: I just did this with my phone (Xperia M).

The phone should be located in Device Manager, under Portable Devices.

I uninstalled the driver succesfully, plugged my phone back in and it automatically reinstalled it. Working just fine!.

I suggest you try this, it worked with my phone and it did not harm (I had no problem with my pc recognizing it, nor do I have now) but I believe theres a big possibility that its a driver issue, so I suggest you try it. Remember, it only uninstalls the driver from the computer you do it at, nothing from the device itself. Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/357104-win-7-sees-win-8-phone-usb-port-but-subsequently-ignores.html
Relevancy 73.1%

System Windows XP SP Toshiba external HDD not sure what model it is but its a gb one Okay i have no idea censored is going on I just got my laptop back clean install of windows I attach deep" Usb too "path power port and surge my external hard disk so i can move my stuff back and i get this I used to have the external hard disk attached to the exact same USB port with no problems why the censored isw it giving me this power surge error now If i unplug it like it says it will blue screen on me o O And it still doesnt work if i replug it If i start up windows with it unplugged and then plug it into that USB port Usb port power surge and "path too deep" it will instantly blue screen The blue screen says something about plug and play detecting a faulty driver I have unused USB ports on this laptop One is currently being used by my mouse One is giving me the ppower surge thing And one is giving me some weird issues where i cant move any of the files from the external hard disk the file transfer window pops up then it freezes after a very long time - mins an error message says that it cant move the file to the destination because the path is too deep Whatever the censored that means Switched my mouse and the external HDD around Same thing freeze during a file transfer and gives the quot path is too deep quot message I tried the external HDD with my nd laptop I SEEM to be able to transfers file from the external HDD to that laptop s HDD Event Usb port power surge and "path too deep" log also keeps showing this An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Summary USB port is giving power surge messages if i plug in the external HDD BEFORE windows is running and instantly blue screens if i plug it in while windows is running do not blue screen but freezes during file transfers for a long time then gives the quot path is too deep quot message

A:Usb port power surge and "path too deep"

Are you using an 80 conductor IDE cable?Have you ran the software from the hard drive manufacturer to test your hard drive?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,28990.0.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I recently built a new PC however I m having a problem installing Windows XP onto my SATA drive It works perfectly if I use an IDE but this is what happens with SATA -Goes to the setup screen and puts on the necessary files -Asks me to format -Starts the second restart timer then restarts -I change the boot order to HDD to Occured. Disk installation XP restart" Press = Solved: SATA Read in "A Error CTRL+ALT+DEL first -It tells me quot A Disk Read Error Occured Press CTRL ALT DEL to restart quot when it s supposed to continue with the installation I ve tried the drivers that came with the motherboard and no-go I ve also tried with no drivers and it still gives me this error One time I believe it said something about quot Boot quot but it flashed on the screen too fast and restarted to see what it said EDIT If I made a direct copy from an IDE drive onto this SATA one is there a chance that might help If there s a driver issue it would have all the drivers needed on the Hard-Drive wouldn t it Motherboard Asus A N-VM CSM Processor AMD Athlon MB L Cache Case Power Antec Sonata II w PSU RAM Crucial Rendition GB PC x HDD Seagate Barracuda GB RPM MB Cache SATAII GPU Solved: SATA installation in XP = "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" Radeon XT AGP nbsp

A:Solved: SATA installation in XP = "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Fixed it simply by making a clone of my IDE drive on my SATA drive :-].

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sata-installation-in-xp-a-disk-read-error-occured-press-ctrl-alt-del-to-restart.457962/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I'm having an issue where when attempting to create a local port on a remote PC via On Denied" Console) Management PC Port Printer Remote Local "Access (Print When Creating the Print Management Console in Windows I get an quot Access Denied quot error message All machines are domain joined Tried with W and Server R too - same issue Firewall all three states off AV solution completely removed Tried with highest domain admin account Tried with UAC turned "Access Denied" When Creating Local Printer Port On Remote PC (Print Management Console) off and on Ran as admin when launching console GP - Point and Print Restrictions - Disabled GP - Allow Print Spooler to accept client connections - "Access Denied" When Creating Local Printer Port On Remote PC (Print Management Console) Enabled Print and File Sharing - On Network Sharing - On To clarify it is simply creating the port element that fails Can create TCP IP ports OK Can create Local Ports on the local machine nbsp OK - just not on remote machines Can install printer if an existing local port is used so drivers install OK Using PowerShell can use the Add Printer Port command to add the local port no problems there It just seems to be an issue where the console attempts to verify if the said port exists that the issue occurs nbsp If a put in an invalid port name in it will bring up the correct response of quot the network name cannot be found quot Cheers

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bc6ff11-0550-4925-afa7-cf55865def0b/quotaccess-deniedquot-when-creating-local-printer-port-on-remote-pc-print-management-console?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 72.67%

anyone know how to install VISTA with the HD set to full SATA mode?
I didn't succeed, had to invoke ATA mode instead.

how lame....

A:VISTA install on "real" SATA?? How?

Hi zapp22.
Not knowing the model of your motherboard ... Anyway, just change a setting in the BIOS. In order that I be accurate in the guidelines, please download and run cpu-z. On the mainboard tab you have the model of your motherboard. See below and post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/167550-vista-install-real-sata-how.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm trying to install Windows XP on my new Serial ATA hard drive, it has been formatted everything seems ok, When I start installing windows XP pro on this machine it seems like it just can't detect the damn hard drive, when I set it as boot on te serial ata drive eeverything works fine, it goes as C:/ but I just can't switch to my cd drive with windows XP to install it.

When I boot up my other hrd drive with windows xp, I can actually see my hard drive in windows explorer.

What can I do to actually make the windows XP installation detect my Serial ATA drive?

A:Installing Windows Xp "SATA QUESTION"

When it installs their is an option to "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver", then press S and put in the floppy that came with the mainboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-xp-sata-question.309344/
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently posted that after a windows update my machine crashed and rebooted round and round not even getting to the log on screen Now feeling flush after trying safe mode with networking command prompt windows normally and finally last known working configuration another SATA "new one" copy One files to to drives to One SATA drives files to copy to another "new one" no avail I bought another Maxtor SATA gb internal drive and loaded windows up fine Incidently to let anybody else know I installed every available windows update without a hitch as well so now comes my question How can I transfer my precious files My kids photos films etc from my old hard drive to my new one I have an ASUS K V SE deluxe mother board and it has four SATA sockets of which is already used if that helps I have already plugged it into the SATA socket above the other one but it is not recognising and the computer gets to the windows xp loading screen and then stops dead so I did not carry on with that and disconnected it Many thanks in advance for all replies nbsp

A:One SATA drives files to copy to another "new one"

If I understand, you plugged old HDD along new. But did you switch it to slave? If youll access to load windows with old HDD, and you couldn't detect it, probably you'll need recovery partition software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-sata-drives-files-to-copy-to-another-new-one.31353/
Relevancy 72.67%

ASUS support said plug red secure connect cable in 'top' SATA plug. Download VIA RAID driver 5420, install it at F6 (the only driver you'll need). Go into BIOS and disable Promise controller. This is for single HD, I guess. Seen lots of forums with same problems I've been having. Is there a 5420 VIA RAID driver?, dunno, gonna look for one. Nothing seems to have worked so far. See 'spot' run.lol

A:"hope" for K8V SE Deluxe WD SATA woes?

Maybe they meant 6420? Anyway, go the Asus download site here. Next select your product at the right. I found a VIA VT6420 SATA/RAID driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hope-for-k8v-se-deluxe-wd-sata-woes.49438/