Windows Support Forum

Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Q: Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Hi This is a rant plea for help from someone at Dell nbsp For the past months I ve been through the wringer with Dell s warranty service nbsp Short story for patience horrible service with Dell's Out warranty of those who don t want to read this entire tail of woe nbsp I ve been through LCD screens one motherboard replacement nbsp and now one entire system replacement - Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service and I still have a computer with issues because Dell keeps sending me JUNK and wrong parts - nbsp And to top it off my warranty is about to run out And now the long story My story begins almost a year ago when I purchased a new Inspiron nbsp I loved that laptop and things were great up until Feb of this year when the LCD screen developed an issue with burn-in image retention I contacted Dell tech support about this and the tech agreed that the screen needed replacing He said he d send out an on-site service tech with an LCD replacement kit and a motherboard nbsp I thought sending the motherboard was strange since the issue was clearly with the LCD screen nbsp So I asked why they d send a motherboard nbsp The tech said incase the replacement LCD doesn t fix it nbsp Strange This should have been a red flag but I just shrugged it off Jump forward a few days later and the on-site tech shows up nbsp He says he doesn t know how to replace the screen in this model laptop nbsp He said any time he s tried the clips in the bezel break nbsp He also said Dell should have sent the entire LCD assembly as there are no instructions to replace the LCD screen only nbsp He called up Dell s on-site tech support line to see if they could supply him with instructions and Dell instructed him TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD for an issue with an LCD screen nbsp He didn t know what to make of it but did what they said and replaced a PERFECTLY GOOD motherboard which OF COURSE didn t fix anything nbsp So the tech says to ask them for the entire LCD assembly nbsp So I contact Dell and ask them for the specific part number which to their credit they send nbsp But of course there are still issues with the screen Dead pixels backlight bleed and the touch screen often has a mind of its own and causes the cursor to go crazy nbsp Also at this point I m noticing the laptop runs much warmer than before there s a loud quot coil whine quot and the touchpad now randomly stops sometimes nbsp So my perfectly good motherboard was replaced with a broken one Great By this time screen number had arrived nbsp But it was the wrong part nbsp It was the k UHD screen and I had the p version nbsp I am a software developer and I use Linux and a lot of Java software which does not scale properly on Hi-DPI screens So once again I had to contact Dell and tell them I can t use a k screen After sending the wrong part Dell said they d replace the entire system with a refurbished one nbsp Great Finally an end to this I hoped nbsp But nope Dell sends me an Inspiron quot gaming laptop quot with a k screen Even after I specifically told them I am unable to use a k screen nbsp However by this time I had well and truly had enough nbsp I just wanted to be done with the entire ordeal nbsp But as I am beginning to learn there is apparently no end to it because guess what the Inspiron has a few issues of its own nbsp The screen dims flickers when certain shades of blue enter the screen lots of owners are complaining about this it s an inherent flaw of the LG quot pentle quot screen used in these There are a few youtube videos that show this if you search nbsp I could have just changed the resolution to p and lived with the flicker but nbsp It OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY and the fan never shuts off nbsp Even when idle nbsp Tonight nbsp as I was trying to use it the thermal protection kicked in and it actually turned itself off right when I was in the middle of working nbsp UNACCEPTABLE I ve been patient and courteous throughout all this nbsp But now I ve had enough I am not going through any more on site service calls with ill-equipped techs I also no longer want to deal with Dell s quot tech support quot which has shown itself to be amazingly incompetent nbsp I don t want any more faulty quot refurbished quot parts that aren t checked nbsp I just want a laptop that works Is there someone higher up at Dell that can help me nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Tough luck. I've also have had more hardware issues than I can count, including trackpad failures, fan issues, lights burnt out, etc... I just continuously had stuff break on my $1400 laptop for no reason.
After months of dealing with this ***, I decided I just wanted Dell to buy the laptop back from me or give me store credit as that's really the only repayment for the amount of stress and issues this laptop has brought me. I was basically told by the highest level sales manager that I cannot return the laptop and I just have to go the Dell's support system. There is really nothing you can do except constantly call in service requests and once your warranty expires, like me, you are pretty much screwed.
That being said, I will never buy any Dell product again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682784
Relevancy 76.54%

I bought a Dell XPS last Aug for from Costco online We had problems almost immediately with the PC not powering up at all but since it occasionally worked we waited too long to actually return the PC to Costco beyond days We also did not install the PC until Nov because we bought PC s at once and it service new customer 8700 problems horrible The XPS Dell - in leader took time to install them all We called tech support and after four hours of getting the run around and quot trouble-shooting quot via phone with Dell s non-English speaking tech support staff they finally agreed to send out a technician Technician replaced power supply and on off button We thought it was fixed but no We didn t really call Dale back because we never had time to spend another Dell - The new leader in horrible customer service XPS 8700 problems three or four hours on the phone and schedule another technician just way too time-consuming for us to do that and run a business so instead we suffered a long barely using the computer and using other computers that were working fine instead Fast-forward the clock today May The computer is still under warranty till August I call Dell and explain the situation and Dell - The new leader in horrible customer service XPS 8700 problems that we ve already unsuccessfully had a field technician trying to fix the problem and they were unable to do so I respectfully ask that they send a replacement computer as we didn t have the time to spend another Dell - The new leader in horrible customer service XPS 8700 problems days troubleshooting with their phone tech-support team and also field technicians they declined stating that I should ve called back after the first technician showed up All I can tell you is I spent four hours this morning on the phone with Dell customer support who is apparently based in the Philippines They were unable to completely create a case number with me I was so frustrated and just wanted a replacement they would transfer me four times and each time I was transferred I had to start from the beginning including starting with my contact information and tell them the issue and what went wrong Each new customer support person would attempt to take me through the exact same troubleshooting sequence that I had already done earlier in the morning it was so frustrating I just couldn t take anymore At this point I guess my only alternative is to take down to small claims court and get me a replacement computer that is NOT a lemon as a replacement or file a case with the BBB I am also going to write the President of Costco to strongly suggest that they cease doing business with Dell Dell clearly tarnishes the Costco name In either case I will never ever ever ever ever buy a Dell computer again I work in customer service field and in my years providing excellent customer service I ve never had a company so dysfunctional so disorganized and so lacking in support amp nbsp concern for their customers Dell has lost a customer for life and I will tell everybody I talk to never ever ever ever l ever buy a Dell I learned my lesson never again

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19981403
Relevancy 75.68%

When I went to buy a laptop, I have not considered any other laptop as I thought Dell would be perfect for me. However, let me tell you, it's not. Within the period of 1 month, I started getting touch pad issues which is not resolved completely yet. This is not ended here. I bought this laptop (which was the worst decision I have ever made) in October 2014 and this Dell dashboard shows my warranty expiring in July 2015. I am emailing to them and nobody even bothers to give a reply. On phone support I have asked several times that I want to extend my warranty, however nobody helped me for that too. Is this your SO CALLED superior customer service and quality product? If yes then please stop selling Dell Inspiron 3542 model. Pathetic touch pad! LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I FILE A COMPLAINT as I cant take this harassment further.

A:How to file a complaint against dell customer service and Warranty

Contact link, bottom of the screen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19616589
Relevancy 70.09%

I really thought that dell improved, but clearly no!!

You guys just refuse to learn from your past sins.

The SR number is attached, this is for a brand new top of the line XPS 13 machine.
This supposedly super piece of machine had debris in the screen.

While this is bad still acceptable, however what boggles me is the customer support.
I have been reporting this issue and have been pushed from one dell department to another...without anybody helping me.

Why can't you show some customer service empathy and solve my *** issue!!!!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997042
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm in a huge dilemma here I can't install net framework properly without first installing Service Pack I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times with multiple methods but nothing works If I install Service Pack I can then install Net framework properly but Service Pack Pack patience. Service my is testing 1 causes MANY problems on my PC The first is that if I download a large file the download freezes after a couple of minutes of downloading and I have to pause and then resume to continue the download and sometimes when loading a webpage or trying to get any information from online Even within games so not just firefox my internet seems to hang and then loses connection Also Service Pack 1 is testing my patience. in some games after a few Service Pack 1 is testing my patience. seconds of playing my graphics go insane game locks up visually sound still persists and I have to alt F Parts of the UI ingame start overlapping one another and everything goes haywire I guess where I need to start is figure out why in the hell Service Pack causes so many problems EVERYTHING except for installing Net Framework works just fine WITHOUT SP I install SP and boom Net Framework installs and everything else suffers All of my drivers are also up to date

A:Service Pack 1 is testing my patience.

Try uninstalling all the .nets . . upgrade to SP1 then install the .nets.

Also, what realtime security are you using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/service-pack-1-is-testing-my-patience-589411.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My Hp Pavillion 14 I bought almost 2 years ago had its hard disk die twice the first time it had happened I sent it in for repair and everything was finethe second time it broke, as I had extended the warranty, they sent a technician down to replace my hard disk.Everything was okay, except that I noticed my wifi connectivity was only getting 2 bars when I sat right beside the router.the speeds were also horrible on my 200 Mbps fiber optic plan compared to the laptop before the hard disk died the second time. Why is this happening? Did I forget to install a driver or did the technician do something wrong? Please Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hp-Pavillion-14-Horrible-wifi-connectivity-after-hp-warranty/td-p/5641639
Relevancy 69.23%

My Hp Pavillion 14 I bought almost 2 years ago had its hard disk die twice the first time it had happened I sent it in for repair and everything was finethe second time it broke, as I had extended the warranty, they sent a technician down to replace my hard disk.Everything was okay, except that I noticed my wifi connectivity was only getting 2 bars when I sat right beside the router.the speeds were also horrible on my 200 Mbps fiber optic plan compared to the laptop before the hard disk died the second time. Why is this happening? Did I forget to install a driver or did the technician do something wrong? Please Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hp-Pavillion-14-Horrible-wifi-connectivity-after-hp-warranty/td-p/5641635
Relevancy 60.2%

I had recently accidentally damaged one of my Dell computers that was purchased for school and attempt to get it repair and the service was horrendous nbsp They charge me that I agree to pay and sent them my laptop After three weeks of talking back and forth they told me that it cannot be Horrible service repaired because they do not have the part available at this time nbsp So Horrible service the laptop was sent back to me and the was refunded Since I had purchased this through Amex they have insured my item and I can be reimbursed for the total purchase price if I Horrible service can show an email that with a reason that Dell cannot repair my laptop nbsp I have repeatedly nbsp emailed them for this Horrible service simple letter and they continue to ignore my emails nbsp Emails were sent to these following nbsp Dell employees and none of them have the decency to answer my emails with the letter or a solution to repair my laptop nbsp Rajesh Sharma CS HYD DRT Support dell com Deept-Kata CS System Exchanges dell com and Rahul Rahul CS System Exchanges dell com nbsp After year of purchase under my wife s account Ritawan and also a work for one of the NYC agencies that currently uses Dells I get screwed over a simple letter nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987148
Relevancy 59.77%

I purchased a new xps from dell over two weeks ago nbsp Currently the laptop is working fine however I ve tried tried to register the laptop under my products multiple times since receiving the laptop nbsp Whenever to new for customer not tag reach service register service because xps13 to unable + warranty found unable I try to enter the service tag it keeps giving me an error quot Products not found nbsp There rsquo s no match for the Service Tags that were entered quot nbsp At first I thought maybe it was because the laptop was new but it new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service has been weeks now and I m still getting the same message Not only that but I ve been trying to contact dell through email for weeks now and I always get the same quot you will get a response in hour quot reply but nobody ever replies nbsp I feel like the biggest moron right now because I paid for years of premium support and you won t even answer a freaking email nbsp I m pretty close to just returning this laptop and buying a piece of macbook because at least apple responds to support requests

A:new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service

Was the system purchased direct from Dell?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997104
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everybody I had a horrible expirience at buying at EB games So on my birthday I went to buy a game called Bioshock before I bought it I asked the manager quot Can I exchange a game in case it doesn t work for a different EB Games horrible service. one quot so he said quot yes quot So I went home and installed it but it didn t run on my computer so I went back and said quot It doesn t work please exchange EB Games horrible service. it for a different one quot he said quot For same one in case of a defect quot after that I said quot but you said I can exchange it for a different one quot so he pointed to the policy list and just went to do stuff I started complaining that he didn t showd me the policy and told me everything wrong He were just sitting and listening and said quot Please go out or I call the police quot so I didn t wanted anything like that so I went Also I compared the prices at EB games and Future Shop you dont beliave EB Games horrible service. it DOOM future shop Canadien EB games brand new canadien So now I made a forum community in which we discuss the problems that we have with stores and also just talking about games if you want to take a look its here http www boardzero com mirrorunion I also saw on internet that one guy had a problem with Xbox warranty he bought a gold warranty and when it broke the warranty hadn t expired yet the EB games said some stuff about some changes in service and warranties and said that they can t do anything about it I really hope that you understand the situation here also please don t write comments like its your falt that you didn t notice the policy Thanks for reading this nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Bought a new laptop for my child and it is broken in less than days nbsp The tech determined it is broken and motherboard needs to be replaced nbsp This laptop is used by child at school on a daily Horrible Service Customer basis and they expect the child to be without a computer until this is fixed nbsp Apparently it is not their problem and they suggested quot Don Horrible Customer Service t you have another Device for child quot nbsp The representative barely spoke English and they really don t care about their customers nbsp Upon insisting to talk to Supervisor obviously the supervisor is always busy and cannot attend nbsp Waited for over minutes to talk to supervisor who pretty much repeated the same thing nbsp I understand things break nbsp How hard is it to provide a replacement nbsp The replacement supposed only works if it is within days nbsp They have no intention to help and realistically don t care about customer Now I have to buy a new computer for the broken piece of nbsp Never buying a DELL AGAIN nbsp Horrible equipment followed by even worse customer service nbsp For the reference the supervisor s name is quot Jericho A quot nbsp Not even sure if this is the right name as this was provided with great reluctance by the agent

A:Horrible Customer Service

No manufacturer will replace a system unless multiple repair attempts have failed.  And ALL manufacturers use refurbished parts to repair in warranty systems.
If you can't be without the system, call and purchase a warranty upgrade to on-site service.  The system will then be repaired at your home or office, without the 7-10 day wait for the basic return to depot repair warranty service.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994304
Relevancy 58.91%

I HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH BAD TECHNICAL SUPPORT IN MY LIFE. I SPENT OVER $2,000 ON A BRAND NEW COMPUTER AND MONITOR AND THE MONITOR CONTINUES TO FLICKER. I'VE HAD *5* TECH SUPPORT AGENTS TRY AND DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM AND ARE UNABLE TO. THE COMPUTER IT NOT EVEN A MONTH OLD! I HAVE SPENT OVER 5 HOURS ON THE PHONE TRYING TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND ALL THEY DO IS ESCULATE ME TO A DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT AND NO ONE IS ABLE TO RESOLVE THE ISSUE. I HAVE HAD AN ONGOING TROUBLE TICKET FOR OVER A WEEK AND STILL NO SOLUTION!  I WILL NEVER BUY FROM HP AGAIN. IF I DON'T  GET A CALL BACK OR RESPONSE I WILL WRITE TO THE BBB AND YELP! INFORMING THEM ON HOW BAD MY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN. [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-NIGHTMARE-HORRIBLE-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-NEVER-BUY-FROM-THEM/td-p/5702446
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a new Lenovo P which was purchased for me by a friend while visiting US Since the beginning there have been problems with touchpad not working I took the laptop to Lenovo's authorised service center in Delhi twice and both times was disappointed because the technician refused to look at the laptop nbsp making one excuse or the other nbsp During the first visit this guy was not sure if P was covered under international warrenty in India and wanted me to provide a proof nbsp that it center service support Del... Horrible in from Lenovo was I got in touch with Lenovo customer support and below is the email response I received nbsp nbsp Hi This is in response to your request We want to inform you that all think products come under IWS So your product is also under warranty and you Horrible support from Lenovo service center in Del... will get services in India Your Horrible support from Lenovo service center in Del... system is having carry in warranty so please go to service center for any services you required Thanks LenovoI was astonished by this reply becuase this is something I thought the technician ought to know or could have found out easily without asking me to get this information myself and wasting my entire day nbsp I went to the sevice centre the second time with this email and this time he drops another set of requirements on me He wanted nbsp the original invoice for the laptop along with a copy of passport of the person whose name is on the invoice without which he will not even look at the laptop nbsp This laptop was purchased from Amazon US and I had the soft copy of the inovice with me which I understand is considered as original invoice for all purporses but the lenovo guy refused to accept it Incidentally nbsp he had checked nbsp the soft copy of the invoice during my first visit but made no mention of original that time nbsp It is a three nbsp hour commute from my house to the service center so I have wasted two full days on this and I dont even know what is the problem with my laptop nbsp Can someone from Lenovo support confirm that the above documents are indeed required to claim warrenty and a soft copy from Amazon is not accepted as a valid proof of purchase I had not taken the hard copy of the invoice from my friend as I thougt the soft copy will be sufficient If I am unable to retrieve the hard copy now would that mean that I cannot claim the warrenty now

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Horrible-support-from-Lenovo-service-center-in-Delhi-India/td-p/3397803
Relevancy 57.19%

I recently bought nbsp in May Hp's relatively new Spectre x Convertable Laptop screen I paid a whopping plus tax for it I use it everyday between work and home Just couple weeks Customer Cracked HP - x360 Horrible ... Service! Screen Spectre ago I opened the screen to see a long crack across it I am in no way HP Spectre x360 Cracked Screen - Horrible Customer Service! ... rough or damaging to the device I am always very careful with it To begin with I only own latop and having to send this one away for over weeks is causing me prblems with work As my device was still under warranty I called HP to have it fixed thinking it would be no problem Halfway through they called me saying it is going to cost to HP Spectre x360 Cracked Screen - Horrible Customer Service! ... have the screen replaced nbsp ABSOLUTELY rediculous nbsp I mean I already nbsp paid grand for this and your telling me you won't fix my screen unless I fork over another The customer service was terrible as the woman on the other line was unsympathetic and rude and continued to repeat the same mumbo jumbo about how they can't do anything about it As of right now theyre sending my laptop back - unrepaired This means I will be without a laptop for nother week or two until nbsp I can find someone else to fix it for a more reasonable price nbsp Needless to say HP should be fixing screens for free ESPECIALLY since I am NOT the only person to have a screen crack for no reason I have seen so many threads in regards to the same issue yet HP does nothing to help nbsp Regrdless I will never be buying an HP laptop again - service is horrible and no dedication towards cutomers whatsoever nbsp When I get my laptop back I am going to sell it and switch over to DELL nbsp So to make this long story short I DO NOT reccommend HP products I hope I am saving you the trouble I had

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Cracked-Screen-Horrible-Customer-Service/td-p/5780235
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I purchased an Inspiron 1543 on Oct 27, 2015 from an authorized dell store at GIP Mall Noida and since then I have been strutggling with Dell Warranty team to update the warranty status under dell festive offers. They have updated only NBD warranty date to Oct 2018 sine I have purchased two years extended warranty, but all the other warranty dates are yet to be updated and they are not even replying my emails. The worst customer service I have ever seen. I will never recommend anytone to buy a dell product. I have provided everything they reqested already. My service tag #<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. My contact # are<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>. Can anyone help? And specially Dell should not sell it's product through cheaters like Skope computers(A dell authorized showroom, GIM Mall, Noida.) They are thieves and cheaters and not have manners.

A:Warranty issue and customer service

Hello. You have posted on the Laptop Audio discussion board. I suggest that you post on the Customer Care board. Do not include your service tag and contact numbers, because those will be removed as per forum policy. If someone from Dell replies to your post, they will ask you to send them that information via the forum's private message feature.
I hope you find success in resolving your warranty issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19678891
Relevancy 57.19%

hello nbsp brought a ideapad series few months back ang got the motherboard problem times nbsp asked them to replace for one to one nbsp customer service Ideapad 500 - issue warranty support Ideapad 500 - warranty service issue center is really pathetic and very irresponsive guys they dont call mail to update nbsp they just take their own sweet time nbsp when i call to call center for the update they said its all already ready and asked me to collect but the support center guy after waiting for mins in queue he says no havent heard anything from the management nbsp really asked him who is management the reply was lenovo management nbsp why the support center doesnt work on weekends nbsp do expect your consumers to take half day leave just to go and wait in the support center to hear such irresponsive support answers nbsp within just months did visits to support center and still one more time to collect that dump nbsp i dont want support service business with lenovo and just wasting my time and efforts nbsp much much appriciated if you pay me my laptop money nbsp brought this laptop by beliving my friend's suggestion that the hardware is real professionally good nbsp haha nbsp by completely non-satisfied consumer nbsp Mod's Edit Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/very-problematic-laptop/td-p/3385821
Relevancy 57.19%

I have purshased a lenovo y50 laptop on 19th March during my trip to USA then I returned Egypt back and discovered that the laptop is defected with dead area in the trackpad and a horrible display with very ugly yellow color.

I contacted Lenovo Egypt and they told me to go to service provider to get these issues fixed. The service provider said they will replace the trackpad but they see that the screen is normal and they have no solution for it.

Before I bougth it, I made sure that all waranty services can be done from Egypt but Lenovo Egypt refused to replace the laptop and the service provider refuses to fix the screen. It is really disappointing!!

[Moderator note: Edited to remove personal information]

A:Lenovo Y50 - 70 Egypt Warranty Service

How to escalate this issue to Global Lenovo support?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Egypt-Warranty-Service/td-p/2055058
Relevancy 56.76%

I realize this might not be the place but got to let you guys know about horrible Dell experience I am having Purchased new XPS system even paid for installation Computer came and quot Dell tech quot attempted to set it up and install email and DSL service This turned out to be a hour nightmare Finally got part of it working then computer crashed to dreaded blue screen Dell sent out new mother board and memory sticks twice The techs installed new parts but still saying quot dumping memory quot at the blue screen Tech left the last time saying sorry I cant fix it This computer is days old at this point and has not worked yet He tells me to call and tell them I want experience Dell Horrible it replaced it is in the day window I try to do this one day amp hours on the phone people non of them say they can do this Next day same scenario hours on Horrible Dell experience the phone from one person to another saying they can not help me No one can give me a phone number to ANY one Horrible Dell experience that will help Finally on the rd day of calling I get a lady that says ist needs to be replaced and she would write it up but couldn t guarantee it would be done I have got an exchange numer authorizing the exchange but can NOT get a human to say they will build the new computer and send it out Paid way too much for this computer and it hasnt worked one day If ANYONE has any info how I can get there attention I would appreciate it I hope someone learns from this Horrible Dell experience I know I have now nbsp

A:Horrible Dell experience

Call the credit card company, and put a hold on the charge. Send Dell a registered letter telling them their computer is coming back as soon as they make shipping arrangements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horrible-dell-experience.444482/
Relevancy 56.33%

I had sent my Y50-70 to Giat Solutions Service Center (Malaysia) to fix its screen. They found out that the part of the separator inside one of my USB port came out a little. But they decided it was CID (Customer Induced Damage). I recalled that the USB port was slightly tighter than the others when i first received it. I take a very good care of my laptop and i had not drop it once even after 1 year. The damage of the USB port looks nothing like those pictures Lenovo posted on their official website. I m very disappointed with the service since i paid a lot of money for that machine. If they cant fix the USB port for me, i can no longer trust the Lenovo Products. Please assist me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-PORT-WARRANTY-REJECTED-BY-SERVICE-CENTER-Y50-70/td-p/3414903
Relevancy 56.33%

I wonder if in your country Lenovo guys ask you to wait 45 days for warranty works in service centre.In St.Petersburg, Russia I was asked to wait 45 days cuz spare parts are not available. And it is for really new laptop I just bought.Is it really firm service or home kitchen?I just wanna say Hi for VP in Lenovo company responsible for the customer service  Please let me know your awaiting time. Who give more?

DSC_0651.JPG ?989 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/45-days-term-waiting-of-warranty-service-for-Lenovo-notebook/td-p/3397918
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello nbsp Service Warranty in Indi... not honored International I purchased a Y - laptop in US nbsp one nbsp year back I did check on the International Warranty Service both with US and Indian sales support teams and after that went ahead with the purchase of the laptop with year warranty extension nbsp nbsp Now I am in India and got an hinge problem with the laptop As per this link nbsp https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series Y - -Touch-only-customer-review-broken-hinge- Lenovo investigated the issue and created a nbsp service TIP nbsp SF -I nbsp HT nbsp But the Indian customer support agents are International Warranty Service not honored in Indi... trivializing IWS and said that I need to take the laptop back to US for repair Even though the product is under IWS and supported in India it is disappointing to deal with arrogant customer support agents who are declining the repair by quoting IWS When I nbsp mention nbsp the nbsp service TIP International Warranty Service not honored in Indi... they are saying it is only for US and doesn t apply to IWS Could someone please let me know if that is true Would Lenovo IWS not cover a design defect nbsp This is my first Lenovo laptop and it is very unfortunate to go through this I went to local service centers twice already and each travel took me hours Hope someone can help nbsp Praveen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/International-Warranty-Service-not-honored-in-India/td-p/3434745
Relevancy 56.33%

I sent my Asus K52Je to the warranty service last month, for a HD issue.

When returned, the HD was strangely partitioned:

Now, the Disk 0 has:
- a first (hidden) and not recognized partition: a 336 GB (!) RECOVERY;
- C:\ is the 116 GB NTFS
- D:\ is the 13.6 GB NTFS.

Should I resize the RECOVERY partition without any problem??
And after that, could I extend the C:\ partition? (I don't want to lose my licence and prefer not to use the 9-DVD-recovery tool...)

thank you.

A:resizing Recovery partition after a warranty service

You will under no circumstances lose your Win7 license as long as you have a genuine Win7 COA sticker on the machine. You can reinstall this in any way you wish and MS will protect you, which is why they put the Product Key on the COA sticker - you should back it up now in case it rubs off.

In fact most tech enthusiasts prefer to get rid of the bloatware by Clean Reinstalling Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything needed is in the blue link. Asus may not support a Clean Reinstall but they cannot void your hardware warranty. I would simply not tell them if I reinstall. You'll get better support here anyway.

With such incompetent partitioning I wonder if Recovery will even run. Can you cue it up to see? I would also make the Recovery disks now so you have a backup if you want the preinstalled Win7. Another backup is to save a Win7 backup image of your customized install: Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup. With these backups you may feel you can afford to delete the Recovery partition.

Either way you'll want to shrink it. I'd use Disk mgmt first to see how much it wants to shrink it. But you'll need to use free Partition Wizard bootable CD to safely Resize C to the left afterwards, which can also be used to shrink Recovery more if Disk Mgmt bumps into files in the way. You'll need to leave ample breathing room for Recovery to function. Partition Wizard Move/Resize Partition Video Help.

Personally I would rely on Recovery disks if i ever needed to fall back to factory condition to resell the unit. Otherwise I'd rely on a Win7 backup image of a factory install after I Clean Up Factory Bloatware, or for the very best performance I'd Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/233881-resizing-recovery-partition-after-warranty-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am so frustrated with HP's customer service I will never buy an HP product again because of their nbsp horrendous customer service and the fact that HP either doesn't honor their warranties customer Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE service Not or they make it exceedingly difficult to do so nbsp I have an HP chromebook Pavilion Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service nbsp -c dx that has a malfunctioning touchpad and no one from HP is helping me Intermittently my touchpad won't work The cursor pointer starts to shake vibrate making it almost impossible to click on what's intended and the scroll function freezes up Also a powerwash has not fixed the problem I started calling a couple of weeks ago while still under the one year warranty HP told me my chromebook was out of warranty It was not They had an incorrect purchase date They told Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service me to scan and send proof of Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service purchase I did twice to two different people and two different email addresses I was told my chromebook would be repaired and to wait for the box to ship it in nbsp I have an order number nbsp BFBB nbsp but I have received nothing According to the order status online it says waiting for customer action nbsp I was told by one of the several people I've spoken to that he would personally make sure my issue would be solved but refused to give me his full name Now when I reply to the emails I previously got from customer service I get automated replies stating my chromebook is out of warranty and I can no longer get email support I just called customer service and he said I still need to send in my receipt for proof of purchase SERIOUSLY HP you are doing terrible business by making it so difficult for people to have their problems fixed And shame on you for not honoring your warranties nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service

Hi @bassplayinlady ,

I sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,George

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Not-Honoring-Warranty-TERRIBLE-customer-service/td-p/4399758
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a HP ENVY m7-010dx that died last night.  Upon power up nothing happens except a continuous slow blinking light on the cap locks key.  I went through their online troubleshooting help section and it looks like it is a hardware issue and will be going in for warranty service.  The big problem I have is that the hard drive has lots of sensitive personal information on it that I believe a good tech could copy and fairly easily decipher.

So what can I do?  I have never removed an internal hard drive and accessed it as an external drive.  I really need to wipe all personal info before returning for warranty service.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:How to Secure Hard Drive Before Warranty Service

DVDs?  USB flash drive?

How much personal info are you talking about?

Since most of us don't have that much (IMO) personal info on a system...either of the above should do.  Simply copy the data to new media and then delete it from your hard drive before sending.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536737/how-to-secure-hard-drive-before-warranty-service/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, I can't seem to run any games under any graphic settings (even low) without experience extreme choppiness. Could someone help me out with this? Laptop works smoothly at all times aside from in game. Really have no idea what information to post here or what to do so any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19973585
Relevancy 55.9%

Dell Precision M Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU email protected ghz ghz Installed Memory RAM Gb Graphics Card NVidia Quadro FX M Hello I Precision horrible crashing. Dell ve owned this laptop for just over a year and for the first few months it functioned perfectly fine with no issues I encountered some problems with over-heating but I managed to fix it with some compressed air and cooling pads Around months ago it suddenly just stopped working whilst it was plugged into the AC adapter and when the laptop would crash the screen would turn black and any sound playing at the time would be looped Proving it s not a monitor issue I tried to hook it up to an external monitor anyway which yielded the same results I contacted Dell and they came in visits replacing both the motherboard graphics card three times the heat-sync the keyboard changed the hard-drives it has Dell Precision horrible crashing. been reformatted around times and still the issue continues The issue itself being at any random time the laptop will crash and the screen will turn black it only happens when the laptop is plugged into the mains I ve tried replacing the AC adapter through dell and still the same issue occurred I ve kept drivers up to date I ve tried literally everything I ve read and I m stumped The only way to get out of the Dell Precision horrible crashing. crash is to hold down the power button for - seconds to manually shut down the laptop Dell in Dell Precision horrible crashing. the end decided to replace the laptop but left us with this one but unfortunately my brother has been left in charge of the new one and I ve been left with this one Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need anymore information I will be happy to provide it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Dell Precision horrible crashing.

it only happens when the laptop is plugged into the mains.Click to expand...

After all that Dell has done and even providing another laptop it will be fantastic if anybody can come up with another idea.

I suggest a change of habit if the battery still has decent life. Try to use the PC just on battery, and then charge it when the laptop is shut down or hibernating. I realize that is not always convenient or possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-precision-horrible-crashing.1064161/
Relevancy 55.9%

I ordered Precision M3800.
But warrant information on support website is incorrect.

How can I fix it?

Ship date: January 01, 0001
Service: No information available.

A:Incorrect service warranty information on support website

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985023
Relevancy 55.9%

I ordered Precision M3800.
But warrant information on support website is incorrect.

How can I fix it?

Ship date: January 01, 0001
Service: No information available.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985797
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am having problems with my PC Mcafee found snip smart and Rocket Tab I want to get rid of them. I dont know how to do system restore I was told to do so I can with out the OS CD is this correct I know on windows 7 and * U can thanks? I am not sure if this was already on PC when gotten or after. I am on windows Business Vista as well.

A:Dell 755 out of warranty

Please download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware (free version) from Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware Detection & Removal Software - UNtick 'Enable free trial of MBAM Premium' at the end of the installation - and update it, then run a full scan in your main account, and Quick scans in any other user accounts.

Quarantine everything it finds

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303157-dell-755-out-warranty.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey There guyz!
I am from Pakistan and I recenlty puchased Dell Inspiron 17 7778. Now the Shopkeeper said your device comes with 1 year International warrnty! After unboxing i put service tag of laptop on dell official warranty check , Website confirms that product is in fact Inspiron 17 7778 but Warranty start and expiration dates are not showing as well not the country to which it is shipped , So i connected shop keeper again and he said Dell international warranty is updated within 3 to 7 days after purc6ahse ?
So is he lying , Plz tell so I take some proper action thanks
Plz also.tell how to check whether my laptop is new or Refurbished

A:Dell Warranty

Dell has no corporate presence in Pakistan - your vendor is your only support/warranty/information source.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994078
Relevancy 55.04%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone this is my first post I have looked everywhere and I can not come up with a solution for this issue So I decided to do a clean reinstall of windows because of previous sound card issues I bought a top of the line card hoping that it will fix my driver issues It was a sound blaster fatality pro series This did the exact same thing when I tried to update the drivers from some unknown issues So to me the reasonable solution was a clean xp Dell model? XPS horrible issues. reinstallation 2005 wipe This turns out to not be a good idea But I really had no choice seeing as the installations were so messed Dell XPS 2005 model? horrible xp reinstallation issues. up I did everything I could but with no avail Now here comes the real problem I put in the XP SP CD hoping that everything will be fine and it was everything worked like a charm but after the formatting the setup starts up again Now I get an error called a cyclic redundancy check error This causes the setup to restart and I have done everything and I am stuck in a fail cycle The CD is clean and I have no idea how to access the checkdisk feature when I have no operating system Please Help Me I am completely stuck

A:Dell XPS 2005 model? horrible xp reinstallation issues.

Hi hackroot and welcome to TSF

I would think you have a hardware issue. I'm not a Dell user, so I really don't know what a Dell model 2005 is. If it is a desktop, remove the side panel and blow out the dust and cobwebs using a can of compressed air. Clean the fan blades with alcohol and qtips. Be sure to blow out the heat sinks and also the powersupply. If you haven't been in a computer before, be SURE to touch the bare metal case before touching anything inside.

If my memory serves, a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) is when data is written somewhere (memory or harddisk) and read back. If it don't match, you get a CRC error. That said, reseat the cables to the harddrive, CD/DVD drives, and the motherboard. Do both the power and data cables. Also, reseat the memory sticks. If there are any jumpers on the back of the harddrive or CD/DVD drives, reseat them also. The reseating process is not just pushing in on the cables, but pulling them back some and sliding them back on. That action is needed to insure the pins and recepticles have good contact.

Try this and see if it helps
Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dell-xps-2005-model-horrible-xp-reinstallation-issues-271139.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, probably i'll bought a s2716dg from England.
Warranty is the same from Italy (3 years)?

Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993118
Relevancy 54.61%

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

A:Have I voided my dell warranty

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-voided-my-dell-warranty.114177/
Relevancy 54.61%

I'm looking at purchasing a new Dell laptop. If I were to buy their no-fault warranty that covers accidental damage is there anything that prevents me from dropping it every year-and-a-half or so and getting a new computer? Anyone have any experience with this service?

Thanx,

Gator

Relevancy 54.18%

MY mother has a Dell Laptop with Windows Vista. After the computer being on a bit the fan starts making this horrible sound and sometimes the she gets the blue screen and causes the computer to restart. Anyone ever seen or heard of this?

A:Dell laptop makes horrible noise then blue screens

Hmm, interesting.

Does the laptop appear to be getting hotter and hotter as you use it? Are you sure that the fan is actually spinning/the cause of the sound.

Sounds to me like the fan could be faulty. I've also had large clumps of dust (Large enough to stop the fan spinning) caught in the fanblades, meaning I had to disassemble the laptop to resolve the issue.

You could try giving the fan/air filter a blow out with compressed air and see what happens/if it improves. Also make sure that the fan is actually spinning to start with.

What does the noise sound like also?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-makes-horrible-noise-then-blue-screens.163915/
Relevancy 54.18%

We have a Dell M3800 (tag no <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>) that will not power on. It is out of warranty.
 A few things I have noticed are;
1)      The LED  on the power plug is on, but the charge LEDs do not show as charging
2)      If I disconnect the battery and then plug it back in, the charge LEDs will then show, but it will still not power on.
3)      There is no sign of life from the power switch, not even a flash.

Any ideas if I can get this repaired?

A:Dell M3800 won't turn on (out of warranty)

Will the system power up on AC only?  If not, the odds are overwhelming the mainboard needs to be replaced.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991689
Relevancy 54.18%

Just like the numerous other posts on this website I too have had a faulty hinge on my laptop I contacted customer support and was told it was not a manufacturing defect I explained to them that it occurred while opening the lid as per normal operation nbsp I spoke to the supervisor and again was told that it was an accidental damage I explained that the customer support person did not make the laptop and are not responsible for it failing It was dell a big corporation that made the faulty product and should honor their warranty that they gave when I purchased the laptop Again I was told I was lying and that the damage was accidental damage because the laptop model was not known to have a manufacturing defect I then asked to speak to the regional manager but was only given to tier support I explained to the person their to dell warranty refusing honor behind the phone that there was numerous customers complaining about this problem on dell s website and I expect them to honor their warranty He also was afraid to lose his job by honoring the warranty and refuse to dell refusing to honor their warranty acknowledge the manufacturing defect that is so clearly a defect it is baffling to hear otherwise I proceeded to make a BBB complaint and was followed up not on the BBB website but through another phone call from the SAME tier support agent This made me nervous and I am going to contact a regarding this peculiar customer support practices And no surprise they repeated the aforementioned argument of accidental damages I urge everyone who has been through this circus act to do the same Make a complaint with the BBB and they will start looking into dell s business practices My laptop specs Dell Inpiron model I - BLK Other forum posts about the failing hinge problem en community dell com en community dell com en community dell com en community dell com en community dell com

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995102
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello.
Cant find right section so ill ask here.

I bought new laptop from business on allegro in Poland(something like ebay)
It has NBD warranty in USA to 2019 but seller dont have ID of previous owner.
There is any way that i could change warranty location?

Would be a proof of purchase solve the problem or i should just return this laptop because it cant be done?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997151
Relevancy 54.18%

Just earlier, my Dell XPS 13 went comatose on me. I pressed the power button, held it down, and nothing happened. Usually, if my laptop dies on me, I could press the power button and be shown the BIOS screen, but like I said, nothing's happening at all, no matter how many times I press or hold the power button. I've tried two Dell XPS 13 chargers (both work perfectly with my friend's Dell XPS 13), and both will lose the LED light whenever plugged into my laptop.
I've checked many sources online, and people say it's either a bad motherboard or I need to open my laptop, unplug the battery, drain it, and plug it back in. Before using my warranty, I'd like to try the second trick.
My question is: Will opening my Dell XPS 13 void my warranty?

A:Will Opening my Dell XPS 13 Void my Warranty?

No, but if you damage anything, they can deny service.  Let Dell handle it under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993921
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 7559, with the 2 year warranty, but the problem is it only has an HDD, and I wanted to install a SSD, and possibly a 8GB DDR3, but my question is will doing this void the warranty, on the bottom of the laptop there is no sticker saying it will.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988183
Relevancy 54.18%

i put a HD that a friend gave me into my Dell computer... i think it might have had a boot sector virus or something will this void my dell warranty?

A:does adding a 2nd HD void DELL Warranty?

Very possibly since the added hardware casued the problem in the first place. Ever hear the saying don't ask don't tell? If they don't know you have then it is still under warranty isn't it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-adding-a-2nd-hd-void-dell-warranty.100542/
Relevancy 53.75%

dear sir madam this is for your kind knowledge that i have purchased DELL INSPIRATION pc through amazon website on the day of th Aug nbsp I wanted to register my invoice to your system to generate the warranty This is for your kind knowledge that my PC is still in warranty period i e year which will helps me to take benefits of free services but desktop product dell my to generate to in warranty there is no proper to generate my warranty in to dell desktop product information provided to the concern department manufacturer when i asked DELL the manufacturer to provide to generate my warranty in to dell desktop product me the free services against warranty their system shown me that the purchase date is Jan- this caused they declared me that my PC is to generate my warranty in to dell desktop product out of warranty period when i called DELL customer care they inform me that there is no further details provided from Amazon about my invoice therefor they couldn t able to generate the warranty against the same Hence i request you to update the details of my invoice to the concern department manufacturer for your assist i am sending you the copy of invoice through the attachment also expecting any other information guidance i e mail address of DELL contact number of DELL customer care expecting good response - Anurag Shyamsunder talekar invoice number- KA-BLR - - service tag- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt ADMIN NOTE Service tag removed per privacy policy gt express service code- nbsp lt ADMIN NOTE Express service code removed per privacy policy gt

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19984575
Relevancy 53.75%

I am dissapointed abut Dell's Dissapointed: are refurbished warranty parts Dell s warranty service I bought an xps and have full warranty til August Dell had to Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished change twice the motherboard and I noticed that the parts are refurbihed If the first replacement lasted a few months how long will the second I m Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished not sure that the replacement of the originally motherboard nbsp of my nbsp new xps was wright it seems that it was in better conditions than the one they used to replace that this second motherboard was changed by another one that seems to be in similar conditions When I asked a supervisor to change this Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished parts for new ones he told me that it was impossible they use refurbished for replacements Dell should inform this to theirs buyers it s not fair to buy a new notebook that has quality problems and nbsp the seller Dell is thinking not in the best solution for the customer but in the best solution in terms of money only E Montero

A:Dissapointed: Dell's warranty parts are refurbished

If you read the warranty statement, they DO tell you that they use refurbished parts - so too does every other computer vendor.  Read the terms of your washing machine or car warranty -- same deal there as well.  It's standard practice in just about every industry.
http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/policy/en/policy?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~section=012

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19278177
Relevancy 53.75%
A:Dell Warranty - Faulty Hard Drive

Good question!

First, what brand is the hard drive? Just about every manufacturer has their own diagnostic software. Go to their site and download it, and test the hard drive yourself.

Then, if you feel you should still send it in, wipe it clean first, using tools such as Eraser.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/57490-dell-warranty-faulty-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Sent my Dell XPS away under warranty having been led to believe Dell screen issue warranty xps12 Dell would replace the screen The monitor still has image retention problems amp it turns out Dell didn t replace the screen They are now saying I ll have to pay for this as I m now out of warranty nbsp I m extremely disappointed in the way they have handled my case - any Dell warranty issue xps12 screen suggestions See emails below On Jun at UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp nbsp Good day no worries I will create the service request in the system Please be reminded Dell warranty issue xps12 screen that all the data on the unit will be deleted physical damage not covered in the warranty and please don t include the accessories during the collection The repair usually takes - days but we will do our best to expedite the process for Dell warranty issue xps12 screen you You will receive a call from UPS to confirm the schedule of the unit collection To track the status of the repair you can visit our website at nbsp www dell aftermarketrepair com nbsp You can also send me an email if you have question nbsp Thank you and have a great day nbsp Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message --- From nbsp On Jun at lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi Good day I checked the warranty of your device and it is still active My advise is to send the unit in our depot for repair To set your expectation the repair will take - days All the data will be deleted and physical damage is not covered in the warranty If you want to proceed please provide your address primary and alternate contact number Thank you Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From nbsp gt Received PM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Re Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR Bios is up to date - makes no difference nbsp Regards On Jun at nbsp lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp May I know if you have tried to install the latest BIOS update for the system If you have installed the latest drivers already and we still encounter the problem the unit needs repair We advise to send it in our depot for us to be able to fix the issue To set your expectation usually it will take - days nbsp Thank you Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From gt Received PM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Re Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR It is the lsquo burn in rsquo issue which has been documented extensively on the internet I see the previous imagery as the screen updates nbsp I understand Dell are replacing the affected LCD rsquo s Thanks On Jun at lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt wrote Hi nbsp Thank you for your email I apologize that you encounter a problem on your monitor May I know the troubleshooting steps you have done so far nbsp Thank you nbsp Thank You for choosing Dell nbsp Dell Technical Support SpecialistFor inquiries regarding the status of your Service Request simply reply back to this email --- Original Message ---From Received AM CDTTo UKI TS CONS Notebook lt UKI TS CONS Notebook Dell com gt Subject Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR BEGINTechnicalSupportREQUEST nbsp SubjectLine Dell Support RequestXPS Q InWarranty ARBR BEGINIssueCategories nbsp CS IssueCategory Monitor ProblemDescription monitor is ghosting - know problem requiring lcd replacement ErrorMessage RecentChanges Troubleshooting Diagnostics BEGINProductInformation nbsp CS ServiceTag xxxxxxx CS SystemFriendlyName XPS CS SystemLabel XPS Q ShipDate CS OperatingSystem Windows CS Operati... Read more

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996332
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi there my month old brand new laptop failed to start Under the warranty i took it back to the shop John Lewis under my warranty Dell Computers are Dell Data warranty under Protection laptop - Act responsible for the laptop for the first year John Lewis for the second year Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act John Lewis are restricted on what checks they can do on the laptop so I have been told They tell me that they need to send it direct to Dell John Lewis have told me that Dell will wipe my laptop of any data held on it and that is the law under the Data Protection Act in the UK without trying to retrieve any information whatsoever if they feel it is a hard drive problem because of the Data Protection Act that they cannot copy any of my information over Is that correct do you know and is there any way around it that Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act i can have my data retrieved without them wiping them I accept I didn't back all the data up but the laptop is months old and I honestly didn't expect a brand new pound Dell laptop to go wrong in months

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-laptop-under-warranty-data-protection-act-4599125/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I have a Dell Dimension built one year ago Today is the day the warranty will expire and if I renew later rather than now it will cost more I have had no problems with the PC as of yet and my one support call went well It used to be my understanding that it s not a good idea to buy the extended warranty on most any product really But from some threads I ve been reading in various places I m thinking maybe with Dell I Dell or no? warranty deadline today! Solved: Help, Extend really ought to I don t know if what I ve read has been skewed by the fact that often it s the unsatisfied that take the time to proclaim that but what I Solved: Help, deadline today! Extend Dell warranty or no? ve read of others experiences has been scary and sounds like often one is lucky if they even get appropriate help with a warranty still in place Strangely I think with this model the only type of warranty available original or extended is next business day at-home service with phone support too of course I don t need that much convenience but I have no choice So a one-year extension would be two-year Don t think I d be interested in the three-year for at this time even though I do intend to still have this PC then and beyond Ok so of course I d rather not pay this but it won t take food off my table or anything So should I go for it Thanks so much if I can get some opinions before the end of the biz day It s about AM CST here now nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I purchased a Inspiron nbsp from the Keyboards warranty anymore?!? by aren't covered Dell's Dell Outlet in February and somehow keys have come off my keyboard at different times since then I do not abuse my laptop in any way and nobody else uses Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? it but me The keys that have come off got hard to press and I would try to see if I could press them down so Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? they d go back to normal but that didn t end up happening nbsp I sent an email to Technical Support through Dell s website and received a response telling me the nbsp issue was due to the regular wear and tear of the system I was then told that Dell nbsp has a specialized Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!? nbsp authorized nbsp department nbsp that takes care of the cases which involve nbsp physical accidental damage Cosmetic nbsp wear and tear nbsp or where the parts need to be replaced when there is no nbsp Complete Care Cover nbsp active on the system I was then directed to the quot Out of Warranty quot department As I said before I haven t abused or damaged my laptop and a keyboard should last longer then a few months I was always under the impression that a keyboard was an nbsp integral part of a laptop or desktop s operation I ve never had issues in the past getting a keyboard replacement when any Dell laptop I ve had was still under warranty

A:Keyboards aren't covered by Dell's warranty anymore?!?

Hi MSGEMS,
Have you done the retail registration? - http://dell.to/1Q0MoOu
Once done, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records. And also, attach a copy of the invoice for us to review. Based on that, we shall advise further course of action.
Keep us updated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989596
Relevancy 52.89%

About a month ago hard drive, but contact I Likely Dell? to warranty. broken best How am under my computer had a quot SMART event quot which I found Likely broken hard drive, but I am under warranty. How best to contact Dell? out means an early warning sign that the hard drive was about to fail I ve only owned this Dell Likely broken hard drive, but I am under warranty. How best to contact Dell? PC for years and have either a three or four year warranty Today the computer started flashing weird image patterns on the screen and then froze on one of them I tried to restart the computer multiple times but each time I just see different bizarre lines on the screen and the PC immediately freezes I m pretty sure this is the defective hard drive that the SMART event was warning about My questions are What is the best way to contact Dell By phone email some kind of live chat Any specific phone number or email or link for what is the best way would be highly appreciated What are Dell s customer service days and hours Do I need any information other than my Service Tag and Express Service Tag What are the difference between the two If it is the hard drive that needs to be placed how will that happen I don t really know how to take apart a computer Would Dell send somebody Would they make sure to reinstall Windows I have no idea what the procedure for this would be Thank you so much in advance for your answers

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19974250
Relevancy 52.89%

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 5558 from ebay in India with Thailand bill date 21/05/2016 international warranty but on warranty status page it say 18-12-2017 which is 6 month less after that i call to Dell care but they not able to help me they said you need to contact dealer so i am worried please expert from Dell help in this issue as i bought brand new dell 5558 but worried about my warranty please confirm me how i get update my warranty status to 21/05/2018
Thank You

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984309
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a notebook. Being a computer tech, i'd like to open it up and take a look inside.... And in the future if there is any upgrade/maintanence to perform, i'd like to do it myself.

Will this void the warranty?

And if i say i didn't open it, is there any way dell will find out that i opened it?

Hopefully some Techie here has already done it and knows the answer......... :).

Thanks,

A:Warranty void if i open the laptop? How does Dell know if i opened it?

No, but I can only speak for the models I am familiar with (see signature). After reading tons of posts on this forum I never recall this being a problem on any model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/17292528
Relevancy 52.46%

can someone here help on this issue? I have 2 xps 12 with this issue currently. It seems like contacting Dell Chat agents only gives me the round around, agent after agent. 
does dell still replace these faulty screen for free even out of warranty? 
are the replacements burn free? or is it just as before? 
thanks. 

A:dell xps 12 ghosting screen burn effect after warranty is over in 2014.

Hi Mbnz230,
Can you send me a PM with the Service Tags of the 2 affected XPS12's and I'll check them for you. 
If possible can you send me pics of the screen burn on both systems as well

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19667797
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I Purchased this Laptop few years back. Now it stopped working suddenly. Am in India right now but when i consulted the Dell Exclusive store here they say its not repairable. Kindly suggest. I never fell down nor got damaged by any external source. I wanted to get it repaired or may be send it back to recycling if possible.

A:Service Tag <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy> || DELL Inspiron 14z 5423 || Laptop Dead

We cannot assist without knowing  why the shop said it's not repairable.
How old is "a few years"?  Any system more than three years old likely isn't worth a major repair such as a replacement system board -- even if a board is available.

This is a low-end system -- if it requires a mainboard change, it's likely not worth the repair, as the shop has told you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995970
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Guys I resolved to air my views and opinions on how I have been treated by Dell support centre Dell over my inspiron which was purchased inspiron less warranty getting 3148 laptop taking 6month, fixed is Dell under forever. went keyboard than yet bad a Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. while ago Less than months after the purchase this laptop coupled with intermittent usage of the PC the keyboard stopped responding nbsp I nbsp Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. contacted the dell support centre and sent in the laptop based on warranty for the keyboard to be replaced This is the th week its being there making life unbearable and without communication on when I will get the PC Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. back I was initially told it will take days for the keyboard to be repaired today makes it th day nbsp I don t know Dell could do a laptop whose keyboard would go under month talk less of being treated in the inhumanly way possible for an item under warranty My product tag is K B Any help or idea how I can get out of this mess

A:Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever.

Hi GEN2TY,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please private message us the details of the location you have sent the laptop for repair along with your email id.
Also, request you to edit the previous post which has the service tag of your system as it contains personal information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984207
Relevancy 49.88%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok.

I just recently had this problem with my internet that was caused by this certain file-sharing program named iMesh. Apparently the newest version doesn't go too well with Windows XP Home Edition, and it screwed up the operating system so that I wouldn't be able to access internet.

Now we got the computer fixed, but it required some heavy tinkering with the WINDOWS folder. As a result, some programs quit to work, but reinstalling them solved the problem.

Apparently not all of them, thought.

.avi files no longer work on my computer. When I try to play them on WinAmp, the infamous "this file doesn't exist" error happens. When I try to play it on Windows Media Player, it says "file type not supported". I tried updating my DivX codecs, downloaded Winamp 5, heck, I even got the XviD codecs. Still doesn't work. I have no idea of what to do.

Relevancy 49.88%

hi right basically i m a student living with friends in a shared house and i ve come to you guys before for help but my housemate is having the problem this time he went to download a file from limewire ahem but once opened it projected multiple pop ups on his screen changed the colour of his desktop items and put a search engine in the task bar this has progressively got worse over a two hour period been my has friends hit some horrible horrible PC by trojans! in which we think more trojans have been downloaded onto his system the computer is running on - CPU usage most of the time he now cant access most programmes including the internet although this varies and he can sporadically access some programmes so my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans! er i m at a loss to do anything but analyse what i ve my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans! seen and type that lot up my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans! there so any of you fantastic people have any suggestions as to what the next move is it d be much appreciated cheers guys nbsp

A:my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans!

Hi, PauL7.

Welcome to TSG.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-friends-pc-has-been-hit-by-some-horrible-horrible-trojans.516943/
Relevancy 49.45%

To all - My first post in this forum but I ve been around the block a few times building my own machines and for others but a month ago i ended up springing for a dell xps desktop b c i got a great deal on a scratch and dent system with an i - processor tb drive and an ATI gb graphics card So long story short I ve audio!! PSU Dell horrible desktop gone XPS 8300 upgrade wrong, wrong....no added one component and upgraded one existing component The first was adding an SSD drive to the mix which worked out wonderfully i boot from power off to desktop in seconds Very pleased The second seemed to be just as successful I replaced the stock Dell XPS 8300 desktop PSU upgrade gone wrong, horrible wrong....no audio!! PSU watts with an Antec watt continuous power PSU certified and all Reconnected all the cables crossed my fingers turned on the power supply got the green light on the motherboard so turned on the computer and all was fantastic The catch is I didn t notice until hours later i d not heard a sound from the computer in quite some time Tested by playing a few songs and nothing Here s where i got lost In the quot playback devices quot right clicking on the audio icon in the task manager tray it shows the music playing as in the levels are bouncing up and down First thought - i m an idiot and plugged my speakers into the wrong hole not the case Second thought - speakers could be toast - not the case Tested speakers on mp player and tested the audio cable by plugging headphones in the front audio ports the xps has the rear audio and a mic and headphone jack on the top of the casing Still showing the sound as registering tells me when i ve unplugged a the speaker cable or plugged it back in but i m not getting any sound So did the usual Reassembled everything to make sure all connections were secure twice Reinstalled all audio drivers Even got out the OLD psu and plugged that in to see if magically the audio would work and it did not My thinking is that i bumped banged something when removing the PSU and installing the new one as the audio worked before but not after Remember seeing something bent slightly on the MB a tic-tac size black and white cylindrical object standing straight up and just moving it back to a degree angle but something tells me that is my problem Anyone know how to test and see if i ve damaged the motherboard or if it s possibly some other unrelated problem I m thinking of stopping by my local best buy and buying a usb external sound card to test it out tomorrow any idea in the meantime I just can t come to any other conclusion than i nixed something removing the PSU i mean the audio worked fine before and stopped working after and now i see the audio playing and the playback levels jumping up and down in my volume tray but no actual sound I think my specs are listed below but i m running win ultimate x i - processor TB HDD SSD PSU gb RAM checked to make sure all modules were seated correctly already and have a ATI graphics card Any help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Mark nbsp

A:Dell XPS 8300 desktop PSU upgrade gone wrong, horrible wrong....no audio!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-xps-8300-desktop-psu-upgrade-gone-wrong-horrible-wrong-no-audio.1022152/
Relevancy 49.02%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I found some tools to change the service tag from some DELL laptops... Are there some tools for the Workstations like "Precision"?

Sorry for my bad english

Best regards,
rewt

A:Dell Service CD - Precision Service Tag

Dell support can help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-service-cd-precision-service-tag.107284/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have att uverse wireless internet with my cable. Until 2 days ago it was working fine. Now I can't get a wireless connection. I am using atheros ag5007ug network driver. att says that it is not on their end. I have tried everything that I know to try, and have restored to a point when it was working and I still get nothing. It says that the driver will start, but i run a problem history and it is says error code 10. I am taking home my work laptop tonight to see if i get a wireless signal. if i do i know it is my desktop. if i don't i know that it is att. i am at a loss. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:no more patience

duplicate post - answered in the networking forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-more-patience.766193/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have att uverse wireless internet with my cable. Until 2 days ago it was working fine. Now I can't get a wireless connection. I am using atheros ag5007ug network driver. att says that it is not on their end. I have tried everything that I know to try, and have restored to a point when it was working and I still get nothing. It says that the driver will start, but i run a problem history and it is says error code 10. I am taking home my work laptop tonight to see if i get a wireless signal. if i do i know it is my desktop. if i don't i know that it is att. i am at a loss. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:no more patience

make an models will help
on the desktop
check the device manager
start>
control panel>
system>
hardware tab>
device manager button>

network adapters
click on the + sign

post backs whats there

also any ! X or ?

---------------
also post back an ipconfig /all
ipconfig /all

TWO Methods to do that - some people have problems with ONE----

ONE ---------------------------------
start
run
cmd
ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

TWO -----------------------------------------------

Start, Run, CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

------------------------
also if you can download and copy this program (if you have a cd writer available or USB flash drive available on a working PC)

http://www.stumbler.net/
download on right hand side

it will detect if you have a wireless adapter working
and detect all signals

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-more-patience.766194/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Packard bell laptop with Windows 10 installed but all I get when switching on is a plain blue screen. Can anyone help as I have tried everything .

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/end-my-patience-4610554/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a dell vostro with windows xp sp I got my second BSOD yesterday They both happened on a reboot and the first was after a virus scan that i do once a week and it was clean the second came after a Microsoft update but the errors shown in bluescreenView are totally the same I though maybe the first was the virus scan but not the second And And please don't tell me that i could be infected because i run ariva antiviurs superantispyware pro and malwarebytes free and my usb is full of portable spyware and malware tools I am not infected but that's the only thing that i will bank on so please rule that out I have replaced the video driver blown clean the OF WITH AT BSOD END I MY PATIENCE THE 2ND AM computer ran dell diagnostics and am going to run a special program tonight do a large dell diagnostic even though i did a short one yesterday checking ram Tonights diagnostic takes alot of time I have information but i don't know what I AM AT THE END OF MY PATIENCE WITH 2ND BSOD else you need I have spent in two days over five hours on this and don't like to post but I'm stumped I have wicked ADD so if i'm all over the place please ask questions I use BlueScreenView and can show you my errors and i think parts of the mini dump The computer is from and dell only has a update from so i'm waiting blueScreenview results The problem seems to be caused by the following file win k sys KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Technical Information STOP x e xc xbf a xb f ae x I can't find this stop error anywhere win k sys - Address xbf a base at xbf DateStamp x a a d Mini - dmp bug check code x e caused by driver win k sys caused by address win k sys a crash address win k sys a stack address win k sys stackaddress win k sys e d stack address win k sys e d I tried to download all the microsoft tools to read the mini dumps and after hours and hours this is the best that i can do Thanks I know long post

A:I AM AT THE END OF MY PATIENCE WITH 2ND BSOD

Hi and welcome to TSF please see here on how to get the dump file Viewing a Minidump File in XP - Dianne Siebold's WebLog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
then zip it and upload in your next post someone here can then take a look at it and see if they can pinpoint the issue,use the go advanced button then the paperclip icon to upload it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/i-am-at-the-end-of-my-patience-with-2nd-bsod-679595.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I have several issues that I need help with hopefully someone here might give me a hand It seems that no matter what I am trying to do like go to a site where I went to school and upload a current profile picture I get logged in okay but not today I go to upload picture so problems little patience many so then nothing happens it just sits and sits there I can click on anyone else s profile and read then go to another etc nothing so I used the link for quot contact us quot after typing my problem out in an email I clicked on send nothing happens I like this new game of WORDS with Friends but when playing it and just about anything so many problems so little patience except my email I get a pop-up that says quot Internet Explorer blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors quot then I have a choice of clicking on the button that says quot show content quot nothing happens when I do and the other choice is an quot X quot to close it it closes but this notification pops up ALL the time My computer is running so slow I did a Defrag that didn t change anything I click on Delete browsing history and temporary files but that doesn t seem to help I try to keep my emails emptied out of my inbox Windows Live Mail All of the ones I have read with the exception of a few I have saved I think I might have too many quot things quot in my start up menu that don t need to be there but with all their quot coded abbreviations quot I don t know what is what so I don t know what is safe or what is safe to delete I think at one time someone here gave me some help and said to run a HiJack This or something to that effect and then post it for them to look at and then quot they quot told me what to uncheck get rid of Am I making any sense or am I way off base I don t remember how or where I did this My computer is is HP Pavilion running Windows Vista I have a Terabyte and a Terabyte external hard drive My computer hard drive has GB of this I still have GB of free space available Most everything that takes up so much room on my hard drives is photos photography is my hobby in a big way I play a few games on here but it is only WORDS and slot machine games that I have installed not for real money tho I lose enough at the boat playing with REAL money Hope someone here can help me it would really be appreciated but I hope y all have patience with the computer illiterate ME Thanks sherri nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I m ripping what s left of my hair out I ve apparantly picked up several hijackers including searchmyrequest and myexexex My computer has slowed down so much and my home page keeps So Patience Hijackers-So Little Many changing it s like I m living with Sybil My wife is ready to kill me and the children thinking that we re somehow downloading this porn So Many Hijackers-So Little Patience I ve So Many Hijackers-So Little Patience run Adaware CWShredder Spybot S amp D and my Norton AV So Many Hijackers-So Little Patience all most recent and up to date but I can t get rid of the blasted things Can anyone help Here s the Hijack file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System PackethSvc exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files compaq Compaq Advisor bin compaq-rba exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files COMPAQ Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C Program Files Verizon Online Verizon Online Control Pad VerizonControlPad exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C Program Files Browser Hijack Blaster bhblaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C WINDOWS toppop exe C Documents and Settings Wendy Cadieux My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http searchmyrequest com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http searchmyrequest com sp php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page lt none gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http searchmyrequest com sp php R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http store presario net scripts redirectors presario storeredir dll s consumerfav amp c c amp lc R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Verizon Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts ad doubleclick net O - Hosts aff weatherbug com O - Hosts www burstnet com O - Hosts oz valueclick com O - Hosts a tribalfusion com O - Hosts servedby advertising com O - Hosts my search O - Hosts pagead googlesyndication com O - Hosts date com O - Hosts dating com O - Hosts freedating com O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion ycomp dll O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO Elitum EliteBar - FA E - F - - D B-FC C - C WINDOWS EliteBar EliteBar dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - c Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - T... Read more

A:So Many Hijackers-So Little Patience

Welcome to TSG, skyejaz

Close all windows, restart Hijack this and put a check mark against the following:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://searchmyrequest.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://searchmyrequest.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = <none>
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://searchmyrequest.com/sp.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 ad.doubleclick.net
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 aff.weatherbug.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 www.burstnet.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 oz.valueclick.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 a.tribalfusion.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 servedby.advertising.com
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 my.search
O1 - Hosts: 64.237.45.18 pagead2.googlesyndication.com
O1 - Hosts: 209.87.155.230 date.com
O1 - Hosts: 209.87.155.230 dating.com
O1 - Hosts: 209.87.155.230 freedating.com
O2 - BHO: myBar BHO - {0494D0D1-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O2 - BHO: Elitum EliteBar - {FA6548E9-78F5-4025-9D7B-FC1367789C38} - C:\WINDOWS\EliteBar\EliteBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &SearchBar - {0494D0D9-F8E0-41ad-92A3-14154ECE70AC} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\myBar\1.bin\MYBAR.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RunDLL] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll",Load
O13 - Home Prefix: http://www.myexexex.com/search.php?said=pfxp&qq=
O13 - Mosaic Prefix: http://www.myexexex.com/search.php?said=pfxp&qq=
O13 - FTP Prefix: http://www.myexexex.com/search.php?said=pfxp&qq=
O13 - Gopher Prefix: http://www.myexexex.com/search.php?said=pfxp&qq=

Click Fix Checked

Restart your computer

Go to the C: drive and see if there is a folder called SPAD, if there is right click it and delete it

Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32 and delete bridge.dll

Go to C:\WINDOWS and delete the EliteBar folder

Go to C:\Program Files and delete the MyWay folder

Post a fresh Hijack this log when done

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/so-many-hijackers-so-little-patience.234767/
Relevancy 47.73%

Unfortunately my hard drive failed when I was partion warranty 1420 notebook. HD a D the drive have did replace like my to Dell The does Had work. i... Bestbuy drive in not the out of town and had to have my family take it in I had backup files I created with the spotmau program that had both the C and D drive letters I now only have a C drive listed and am unsure what to do I am not very experienced with the deep end of the partion stuff I have been using the laptop for a month now and have transfered as much of the fileinfo that they were able to save I don t want to do a Had to replace the HD in my Dell 1420 notebook. Bestbuy did the warranty work. The drive does not have a D drive partion like i... restore if it will mess up what I have now but I am concerned that I will not be able to save properly for recovery later I am trying to get to a point that I can create a hd image to save for the next crisis I have a GB HD in the Laptop and a GB external drive That I would like to create the image on and then set to the side for that day when I have to restore to a new HD again I am looking for some guidance so that I will have the ability to do this stuff myself The HD hardware is not reliable as you folks probably already know Even with the warranty it still costs alot of money Thanks in advance for your help Beryla

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240862/had-to-replace-the-hd-in-my-dell-1420-notebook-bestbuy-did-the-warranty-work-the-drive-does-not-have-a-d-drive-partion-like-it-used-to-have/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello.

After using Partition Magic to delete one of my harddrive's partitions I am now plagued with this "NTLDR is missing" error. I have tried many alleged "solutions" only to find the following:

Windows is no longer detecting my harddrives (I have 2).

Because of this I am unable to reinstall windows, to FDISK and set an active partition, to copy any system files, etc. I am in dire straits here.

Any suggestions, insults, and anything else are welcome. I am desperate.

Thank you for your time.

A:NTLDR is missing...and so is my patience.

Hi,

I don't know your experience level, but this is a fix that usually works. I am also assuming that you have used the NTFS format for your drive. If you are using Fat32, then let me know and I will give you the deal for that.

For NTFS:

Insert and boot from your Windows XP CD.

At the first R=Repair option, press the R key

Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the installation of Windows you want to repair.

Typically this will be #1

Enter in the administrator password when requested

Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive.

COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\: (remember, X is the letter for your CDRom)

COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\

Take out the CD ROM and type exit

After that, you should be good to go.....well, I hope anyway.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ntldr-is-missing-and-so-is-my-patience-29477.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Now i usually know what im doing and it seems i have not been infected for a long time my , HJT Testing patience Solved: but now Im experiencing Popups Slowness and other related problems Iv done what i can with all my knowledge and these things just do not want to disapear I would be grateful for any help that comes my way Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Solved: HJT , Testing my patience SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system UAService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Iconoid iconoid exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings admin Desktop hijack HijackThis exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run Iconoid quot C Program Files Iconoid iconoid exe quot -wait O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS system msjava dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync INETREPL DLL O - DPF B CFB- - -A -C A C Checkers Class - http messenger zone msn com binary msgrchkr cab O - DPF B - E - EA - B - F A BC MessengerStatsClient Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MessengerStatsPAClient cab cab O - DPF F-F B- B D- DF- B B Minesweeper Flags Class - http messenger zone msn com binary MineSweeper cab O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http spaces msn com ... Read more

Relevancy 47.3%

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack copious slow any patience! you it-trying way at my look build No details available Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board ASUSTeK Computer INC A N-VM CSM Rev xxBus Clock megahertzBIOS American Megatrends Inc Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free SpaceLITE-ON LTR- S CD-ROM drive SONY DVD RW DRU- A CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor Y L Hard drive GB -- drive s n Y HA E rev YAR VW SMART Status HealthyWDC WD JB- EVA USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive EXTERNAL Megabytes Installed Memory Semi-advanced user between chair and keyboard System is sluggish menus pages local and internet very slow to load load in bits and pieces seems to have multiple incidents of the same components such as Java After all these years I still have little confidence re optimizing what I can remove what not so I can only guess what is on here that is needed and what not Please advise I had one AVG warning today not high level quarantined it Thanks for your time and expertise Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform slow any way you look at it-trying my copious patience! Windows slow any way you look at it-trying my copious patience! XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System slow any way you look at it-trying my copious patience! smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v aspnet state exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS System locator exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS System dllhost exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files FreeMem Standard freemem exe C WINDOWS System vssvc exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files MailWasher Pro MailWasher Pro MailWasher exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker BHO - F D B -D... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-any-way-you-look-at-it-trying-my-copious-patience.734314/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Some time ago i bought my Windows trying patience Defender a new laptop sadly only coming with win and since i still play Counter Strike i installed it However the servers i play in require the Flex Windows Defender trying my patience Anticheat program After months with no troubles i bought an SSD drive to use as a boot drive and installed win there but kept the original hard drive installation too just in case I installed Windows Defender trying my patience CS and the flex anticheat again on the SSD and continued playing as usual Until one day out of the blue the anticheat ceased to be - when i double click to start it nothing happens although the Task Manager shows its actually running no good though After much investigation i am sure that it was the stupid defender that took it as a threat and corrupted it even though no indication was shown So i disabled defender and installed avast instead Waited for several days reinstalled CS and Flex Anticheat and all was good again i could play However a couple of days ago something strange happened - i started my laptop all usual no signs of anything going wrong and was surprised to see that according to the action centre i do not have antivirus on - both avast Windows Defender trying my patience and defender are off Tried to switch on avast - no good Restarted the computer again and this time all seemed fine However when i tried to turn The Flex anticheat again - surprise surprise nothing Tried reinstalling it - no luck I am sure that again the stupid defender came into action and f ed up everything Would you please tell me how to switch this thing once and for all and how to discover what it has done to block the flex even after reinstalling and undo it I download the anticheat from here Flex Anticheat Latest Installer - MANIA Game Servers

A:Windows Defender trying my patience

Hey mate,

First, check to see if Defender is indeed the culprit. See this post to find out where to look in event viewer: Windows Defender ? where are the Scan Results?

If you see a warning mentioning the removal of anything, check if you can find out anymore about what it removed. Not sure if it gives that much detail. You can also look inside Defender itself to see if it removed anything according to its history tab.

Malware can cause problems like this. Malwarebytes.org has an awesome free scanner that is great at detecting things avast and defender routinely miss. I recommend it for every PC user dealing with malware. Give it a try, see if it comes up with anything.

Have you ever had any other antivirus program on the computer, including when you first bought it (junkware)? If so, look into any antivirus tool or remover (antivirus companies sometimes offer free tools to remove their products with), and use it to clean the system of all antivirus products that you've had, including your current avast. Then, assuming you still want Avast!, download and install it again after a computer restart. Defender should be disabled after that. Restart again if not, and post if you see anything odd. You can also disable it yourself by turning real-time protection OFF, it Avast doesn't.

Defender only comes on when there are problems with your current antivirus solution. Blame Avast for that one!

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/61151-windows-defender-trying-my-patience.html
Relevancy 47.3%

ok so I hate following directions...but this computer stuff is a pain in the ass...pop ups all over the place...spam in my machine every day...unwanted e-mail...blah blah blah....so lets try this site...now how do I insert the file that was created with a list of junk on it....ok I migh5t have it....so help....

A:low patience high problems

tired o' spam, I'll help ya'. I'm going to post your log as a reply right here. It will take a day or so, find the post and have it email notify you when a reply is posted to it, use the link called "track this topic". Thats as close as I can get to "one lousy button" My work is reviewed by experts prior to my replies to you, so be patient. They're busy, OK?Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2Scan saved at 8:46:34 PM, on 12/11/2004Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb05.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exeC:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exeC:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\3HLU10KXS.exeC:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\LCQBXBlqM.exeC:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_05\bin\jusched.exeC:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp\2Fk8.exeC:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exeC:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exeC:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\gpginst.exeC:\Program Files\Bcpc\bcpc.exeC:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdoctor.exeC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXEC:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exec:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exeC:\Program Files\Xolox\xoloxexe.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\Hcj2s6.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\Eyx0YNR.exeC:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exeC:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exeC:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.xinqgxapkfxchnxsmozfg.org/ERu_6...PpzmnLIDgkX.jspR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ca/R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blankR0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/...//www.yahoo.comR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Rogers Hi-Speed InternetR0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - (no file)F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\fservice.exeO2 - BHO: MyWay Search Assistant BHO - {04079851-5845-4dea-848C-3ECD647AA554} - C:\Program Files\MyWay\SrchAstt\1.bin\MYSRCHAS.DLLO2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dllO2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183} - (no file)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A13D2898-1F21-AB42-0C2A-C9CE26DB9AD5} - C:\DOCUME~1... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6486/low-patience-high-problems/
Relevancy 47.3%

I know a lot about computers but there are so many one can learn Now I am really unsure if this is the Sony Vaio laptop issue or if it is Windows Vista issue I will further explain myself I purchased a Sony Vaio laptop last week I have connected the laptop to the internet wirelessly The router is a Linksys WRT G using Patience running thin automatic DHCP All works fine and whatnot but I have the trouble s of random disconnections I'm familiar with disconnections and I can narrow it down to 'it is not my router or my modem ' So what Patience running thin is it Provided I have two screenshots this next one is in the quot router configuration quot category If this has to do with my router I have no idea what I can do to help it So right I have read somewhere that setting it to Static IP will help but I'm not familiar on how to set that up Someone help me I have tried once already it did work but I just want to hear another method My method was going into the LAN and changing the IP there Thanks

A:Patience running thin

Originally Posted by Raithed

I know a lot about computers, but there are so many one can learn. Now, I am really unsure if this is the Sony Vaio laptop issue, or if it is Windows Vista issue. I will further explain myself, I purchased a Sony Vaio laptop last week. I have connected the laptop to the internet wirelessly. The router is a Linksys WRT54G, using automatic DHCP. All works fine and whatnot, but I have the trouble(s) of random disconnections. I'm familiar with disconnections, and I can narrow it down to, 'it is not my router or my modem.' So what is it? Provided, I have two screenshots;

this next one is in the "router configuration" category. If this has to do with my router, I have no idea what I can do to help it.

So right, I have read somewhere that setting it to Static IP will help, but I'm not familiar on how to set that up. Someone help me? I have tried once already, it did work, but I just want to hear another method. My method was going into the LAN and changing the IP there.

Thanks.

Hi Raithed,

I don't know much about network issues either but maybe changing the auto tuning level and chimney offload might help. There are related links inside the tutorial worth looking at as well.

Auto Tuning - TCP/IP receive level

Chimney Offload State - Enable or Disable

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/200526-patience-running-thin.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

A:Can I extend the warranty after its manufacture warranty has...

Hello, If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty. if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-I-extend-the-warranty-after-its-manufacture-warranty-has/td-p/5628410
Relevancy 46.87%

Microphone problems OK this is going to take a real techy to help me Well I bought myself a voice recognition software OK - all that works fine however my techy clever bods I have a laptop which has an inbuilt microphone THis is called Realtek If i Look into my Voice control panel I have two things Realtek playback and Bluetooth audio for recording I dont want to use the microphone in the laptop because I have skype headset with microphone So i plug it in great works i can hear my voice and I can see it records testing it with microsoft recorder BUT when I start to TRAIN my voice using the Speech option in Control Panel it doesnt pick up anything Better still it is on full volume and everything HELP! patience! testing situation really Microphone my is How and why isnt it picking up my headset I have tried detecting hardware - didnt do anything so if anyone knows you are a TRUE PRO i would appreciate your help because this means you are helping out an important person Many Thanks Boobootsy Www lightworkadvisor com www semportfolio com nbsp

A:Microphone situation is really testing my patience! HELP!

"Speech" control is for setting up how the computer speaks to you when it 'speaks' text it 'reads' aloud to you.

You need to test your equipment in the sounds and audio control panel, voice tab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microphone-situation-is-really-testing-my-patience-help.511822/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a thinkpad model R30. I plug it in and hit the pwr button. I hear the fans kick in and of course the lights flash but nothing ever comes up on the screen. It seems like i hear the hard drive at first but then nothing. I tried removing battery and holding pwr button down for 15 secs and then replacing batter. It didn't help. I thought it may be the memory but i thought the computer will usually beep when memory is bad. At any rate i haven't replaced the memory yet. Any ideas? thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

So I left my computer on and went to help roommates move some furniture When I came back in my room my computer was still on but not responsive After performing a restart I was presented with the blue screen of death After a good hours in safe mode I was able to access my computer but I noticed my browser was being hijacked and sending me to different websites than the ones I was clicking An interesting note on this is that my browser is only hijacked when I click a link and not when I manually type in the URL I immediately got onto my patience little Hijack guy a with left New readout and This NOD and of course nothing came up I also brought up my malware program and nothing came up I attempted to system restore and a box stating that system restore is turned off pops up I attempted to open my regedit and that had been disabled as well After running some interesting code I was finally New guy with a Hijack This readout and little patience left able to open my regedit and of course there is a DisableSR in the registry that re-installs itself whenever I delete it I have never encountered a virus of this kind before And what s really interesting is I haven t been to any questionable sites where I could have picked up something like this So enough of my rambling and if anyone can assess what I have in this Hijack this read out and shine some light on it I would be very appreciative I really don t want to have to re install everything again Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CeEPwrSvc exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC Program Files PRTG Traffic Grapher PRTG Traffic Grapher exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Power Management CePMTray exeC Program Files TOSHIBA E-KEY CeEKey exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TouchPad TPTray exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files PRTG Traffic Grapher PRTG Traffic Grapher exeC Program Files EzButton EzButton EXEC Program Files Sony Reader Data bin launcher Reader Library Launcher exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exeC Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files Aca AcaManager exeC Program Files PRTG Traffic Grapher watchdog prtgwatchdog exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Shaun My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page ht... Read more

A:New guy with a Hijack This readout and little patience left

Hello and and Welcome to BleepingcomputerPlease note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have sinceresolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317640/new-guy-with-a-hijack-this-readout-and-little-patience-left/
Relevancy 46.87%

I've got a yellow shield icon that keeps poping up on my task bar suggesting that I need virus protection.

Have played around with a few fixes but nothing seems to make the little bugger go away. - Claims to be a Microsoft ap but is an obvious hoax. Also a pop up window keeps appearing warning me to get virus protection.

I try to run Hijackthis so I have a log to post but each time I do that it craps out before I get a chance to cut and paste. ANy ideas what would be making the Hijack this freeze up ??

A:Newbie Needs help - Never used Forum before - May require patience

Try attaching the hijackthis.log file here since it's giving you problems copying and pasting.

Then do the following:

Let's use a program to scan for any trojans that may exist. Download TDS-3. Learn how to use it here. Make sure to update it after you installed it. You can get the manual updates here. When you launch the program, it will scan your memory for running processes. This will take less than 30 seconds. Next go to System Testing on the menu and choose Full System Scan. After that's finished, post the log file by selecting everything on the top pane (select from bottom to top). If any alarms are found, it will be listed in the bottom window. Please copy and paste that here also if it applies.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/newbie-needs-help-never-used-forum-before-may-require-patience-33478.html
Relevancy 46.87%

OK so the run down I have a Gigabyte GA P DS rev mobo running a Core Duo am end and the patience.....huge weird at of problem I my E GB of PC DDR RAM GT and a single GB hard drive I have a watt Seasonic S- PSU I upgraded to this current setup from a previous setup of the same mobo hard drive and power supply but with an gts E and only GB of RAM the RAM was only bucks for another GB so i said what the hay Everything went good installed it all and booted back into windows Proceeded to install a few games i bought also crysis bioshock cod orange box and then went and overclocked my CPU I am at the end of my patience.....huge and weird problem to GHz and the Video Card to Mhz MHz Tested with SuperPI Prime and a bunch of dmark benches Not a single hiccup was the perfect overclock Well the next day i booted up went to run dmark one last time and magically i had half the frames as i should have I let it run through and ended up getting a score of All of my scores from the day before were easily in the area Odd i thought so i checked the clock frequencies of both the card and the cpu both registered at thier respective clocks MHz MHz for the vid and GHz for the CPU during idle and load I did a restart checked the BIOS turned off all EIST and TEMPCONTROL functions anything that reduces the clock in idle and ran dmark again Still had a score of about Hmm strange I decided not to worry about it and went on about my business But that wasnt the end of it I started playing Itunes and right off the bat my sound was all f'ed up No matter what song i played it would slowly start to skip and turn to white noise then after about seconds the song would actually slow down and freeze yet all function in vista remained perfectly fine I immediately went and tried the songs in Windows Media Player and VLC player and still they were skipping and breaking up So i uninstalled the drivers for my HTO Striker sound card rebooted and reinstalled the drivers that up until now worked perfectly fine Still had a problem I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes and VLC player No dice So after hours of trying everything i could tried disabling the onboard sound of the Gigabyte tried turning off sound enhancements tried looking for any and all updates everything possible after all that i decided to reinstall windows vista home premium bit edition After reinstalling and getting all my settings programs and ducks back into row i tried dmar Voila had a score of again Perfect i thought Then went and tried Itunes perfect But when i restarted my computer the problem came back Same exact problem At this point im pissed I decided to set everything to default for the video card and cpu no overclocking but no use Still did the same exact thing So i said f it opened my case and took out the sound card Booted back up and voila dmark worked Yay i thought So i started using the onboard audio and all was well When i went and turned my computer back on the next day however THE PROBLEM CAME BACK So i reinserted my audio card this time into a different PCI slot and dmark and my sound worked perfectly again However upon restart the problem came back AND THATS WHERE IM AT If i turn off my computer and take out the audio card and boot up dmark will work and my sound wont skip But as soon as i turn my computer off and back on the problem will come back AND STAY BACK until i put the audio card back in But it will only work until the next time i restart then the problem will come back and stay until i take the audio card back out and turn the computer back on This is the reoccurring cycle i have to go through to have a fully smooth running system the sound problem also happens in any game i play and most movies As of right now i have it to where the sound card is in and the system is working at its full overclock as it was when i first upgraded dmark works i get about my music plays fine along with games I am not going to turn off my computer until i figure this out as the system... Read more

A:I am at the end of my patience.....huge and weird problem

Have you overclocked your PCI buss?

Some hardware does not like overclocking.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-am-at-the-end-of-my-patience-huge-and-weird-problem-224532.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have have several BSOD's a week almost daily for about three weeks. I have did research and took steps to record the circumstances since taking these steps there has only been one crash. This has happened whether I was just browsing, downloading or idle. The crash is sudden and the error message displayed is always "driver irql not less or equal ("netio sys")". There is a percentage counting up to 100% then the system restarts. I am at a loss and need assistance. I am a novice to things of this nature but I am a quick learner. Please be patient. I may ask a question that may seem not very insightful I ask again please be patient. I appreciate all useful advice and Thank you in advance.

The DM Log Collector file is attached.

DJ Decaf
DESKTOP-P3JVVPC-Sun_06_26_2016_162249_43.zip

A:Random BSOD's Novice here Patience required!

Hello

The zip file you uploaded appears to be empty. Please have another go at providing the files we need to investigate your BSOD.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54472-random-bsods-novice-here-patience-required.html
Relevancy 46.44%

well as the title says have a patience! with major someone looking - problem driver great for major drive problem and i think ive broke it firstly im VERY unaware when it comes to this kind of thing all i use my laptop for is browsing on the net i do have spyware and antivirus thingys but dont really know much else ive been driving myself mad trying to find a fix for this problem for day and now im at the point i wanna smash the thing anyway rambling on so this is it my dope of a partner decided to install nero i didnt like it and it kept freezing the computer and generally didnt work so uninstalled it after i did that the next day i went to burn a disc using wmp and it kept spitting the disc back out and wouldnt read it I cant get the driver to read blanks cds dvds nothing i looked all over for advice wish i hadnt been in device manager and looked for updates says theres none went to regedt and did the lower up thing but think ive deleted the wrong thing as the website didnt tell me not to do the one with bak on have i made it even worse major driver problem - looking for someone with great patience! its a compaq presario on vista home basic and the driver is - TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L H ATA DEVICE Really stumped now and near tears with frustration Please if anyone at all could help id be very gratefull and if u need any more info let me know as i said really dont know what im doing with computers so if its possible please use a simplified version sorry to be such a pain in the backside Elaine x

A:major driver problem - looking for someone with great patience!

I accept all major credit cards

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

and dont panic......this is a common issue after installin third party burning apps and yes its a reg edit but you'll be ok trust me

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/222616-major-driver-problem-looking-someone-great-patience.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Following search results, I have tried the "scannow" and 'reinstall all Windows apps' suggestions. Scannow found no errors, and reinstalling Windows apps did nothing to help. When I click on the Start button (that usually brings up the Programs Menu, I get the little twirling blue icon for about 5 or 6 seconds, then... nothing. Cortana is dead, or away on vacation.

BTW, all my Taskbar program icons work, all the system tray icons (except 'Notifications') work, and a right click on the Start button brings up the usual context menu. Also, I tried installing Start10, but that didn't work either.

Is there anything I can try instead of a reinstall?? Thanks for any suggestions.

(I also need hair-growing advice, 'cuz I've pulled all mine out!)

Art

A:No Start Menu/Page-- No Cortana-- No Notifications-- Out of Patience!

Hi fastartcee, welcome to Ten Forums. Right now a repair install/ in place upgrade is most likely your quickest way to get start etc. back. The re register winstore apps solution is not working on the fall update (version 1511) build. This is from the tutorial forum. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36588-no-start-menu-page-no-cortana-no-notifications-out-patience.html
Relevancy 45.58%

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everybody I need change the Service Tag of my Dell D There is always threads regarding this but they are all closed So that s why I open a new one I d read a lot of FAQs into the web and I have try to change it Tag and Dell Service with ASSET ASSET A SVCTAG SVCTAG I always boot on DOS and I execute the command I precise there is no Password defined for Admin security and HDD The bios is the last one available on Dell Site A of but nothing I have the following error with the svctag quot Do you want to erase and or change this service tag Y or N y Dell Portables EEPROM Erase Program - D-Family Version - Dell Computer Corporation Dell INTERNAL USE ONLY Cannot run under a protected environment EE-CPB exe Error quot it looks I need to have a newer version of SVCTAG Why it returns quot Cannot run under protected environment quot If someone know where I can find it it would be helpfull thanks a lot cheers nbsp

A:Dell and Service Tag

Go to ebay.uk and search for Dell Laptop Bios Master Password Passwort Unlock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-and-service-tag.149276/