Windows Support Forum

Packard Bell TM99 Laptop, failed screen replacement

Q: Packard Bell TM99 Laptop, failed screen replacement

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Packard Bell TM99 Laptop, failed screen replacement

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.47%

Hello i have a packard bell easynote S4 laptop and last night the
screen started flickering, (like darker and lighter) it's doing it now as i write this, i left it on overnight, but this morning it had gone very dark, although i could just still see the pages on the internet i left on overnight.
I restarted the laptop and it comes on ok as normal but still getting the flicker effect, could this be a backlight problem, or an
inverter, i've not added any new software, i disconnnected the inverter and re-connected, but still flickers, can anyone give me any advice. if it's backlight or inverter i can fit them myself, trouble is i cannot find any on the internet or ebay for the easynote s4
THANKS BARRY
now it's gone dark again and having to shine a torch on screen to write this p.s. message

A:Packard Bell EasyNote s4 laptop screen flicker

You will likely need to replace the inverter on that model... they burn out way too quickly....
First, find the inverter model to buy... or disassemble the laptop to get to the screen. You will find the inverter behind the screen at the bottom. It is held in by clamps that are held by two screws.. but the inverter itself, simply unplugs. Read the model information off the old inverter, then find a better one.
If you plan on doing it yourself, it can take three hours for the first one.
The major difficulty is doing the job without causing cosmetic damage to the sides and top of your screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-easynote-s4-laptop-screen-flicker.154865/
Relevancy 96.32%

hi laptop just over a year old had to have heat sinc re gummed as it overheated then black screen appears with sis corporation etc then it wont load or anything pc world said it was hardrive and i paid for another one then same happened next day email packard bell who said it sounds like bios or motherboard then it ran ok but a sound came out of speaker packard bell said it was bios status pc world agian had it and re installed software from packard bells sit that may i add was older than the one on system to stop this noise however today again black screen told pc world what packard bell said they said bios was ok but if happens again i have to go laptop.. packard bell vista black writing screen basic with back have refund on hardrive but they say my other is faulty how strange eh as the other hardrive worked till i took it black screen with writing vista basic packard bell laptop.. an they replaced it anyway any ideas could it be a virus in bios i so how do i know find and distroy thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-writing-vista-basic-packard-bell-laptop.893104/
Relevancy 86%

Not sure if this is the correct forum but is as good as any I have a Packard Bell Easynote H laptop that constantly freezes I have yet to get it to boot into windows after I reloaded the software I may freeze any Packard Bell laptop where it has even frozen in the bios I did manage to check the memory once and it seemed to be OK I assume it is not a hard drive problem because it will often freeze before accessing the drive Which makes me wonder if its the processor or motherboard Once it is on and freezes everytime I reboot it it seems to stop at a earlier point in the bootup This made me think it may be heat related but I removed the botom panel off the laptop to allow plenty of air around the memory graphics and processor but it made no difference Have any of you guys any suggestions as to where to go next nbsp

A:Packard Bell laptop

It sounds like a bad hard drive. The drive manufacturer may have a diagnostic utility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-laptop.22942/
Relevancy 85.14%

My Packard Bell iPower laptop was working fine last night Turned it on this morning and it would not boot beyond the Packard Bell boot screen The progress bar at the bottom got to about no progress meter just my assumption and the boot into Windows would not happen I tried hitting F and hit the Start Windows option No go I then hit F and ran the memory diagnostic tool which got to and remained there for more than anhour I took both memory sticks out and swapped them over in slots No dice and so I put them back in the originals slots Still no dice I tried disconnect power battery out and press on button No dice I ran Packard Bell recovery management off the recovery discs and off PBRM on the laptop presumably within PBRM seperate partition I chose the option the retain documents in C backup that the recovery tool creates No dice Laptop Packard Bell iPower It gets so far and after about minutes it comes up with an error message ending in d saying it cannot proceed any further and to shut down Any ideas anyone please Any ideas please

A:Packard Bell iPower Laptop

Hi and welcome to TSFplease see here Norton Ghost 14.0 Error E7C30010 and 0000045D - Norton Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/packard-bell-ipower-laptop-685629.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi Chaps Was given a Packard Bell ugh laptop PB Easynote E MIT LYN Amd Athlon mhz mb ram Windows XP Home to have a look at as it was freezing running slowly etc I tried a few Laptop Bell Packard will not restart things but noticed it would not Restart from the Start Menu or using command shutdown -r Shutdown to Packard Bell Laptop will not restart turn off works okay but Restart would shutdown Packard Bell Laptop will not restart and then just hang with a black screen and flashing cursor so needed a power off and power Packard Bell Laptop will not restart on to restart In the end I reformatted and reinstalled Windows using a genuine Microsoft XP Home disk and the laptop s product code but the problem remained even when restart required at the end of install I loaded all Microsoft updates and updated drivers and tried running various Antivirus and Malwarebytes and Memory tested and checked the hard drive via chkdsk but could not get Restart to work Event Viewer showed only one error i e STDSB file not found this appears to be an unknown file that has something to do with the scrollbar so I reformatted and reinstalled again leaving it without loading any further software and still the same problem Set the Bios back to default and upgraded ram to gb as it needed it anyway It restarts okay in SafeMode so suggests that it could be a driver problem - I then updated the drivers but still no luck I read that Acer had acquired Packard Bell in and PB s website doesn t even recognise the laptop so I guess it s obsolete for any kind of support Any other suggestions welcome thanks Dan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-laptop-will-not-restart.1118265/
Relevancy 85.14%

PACKARD BELL EASY NOTE M LAPTOP GB HD GB RAM O S WINDOWS VISTA HOME PRE LOADED Working on Computer yesterday there was a Power Failure however as I was working on dual Battery and AC Mains Supply I carried on and finished my task before closing down the Computer Normally Have not downloaded any strange files and apart from my E-Mails there is little possibility of a Virus Infection as Windows Security AV and Malkware is running full time Or should say Packard not bell m36 will laptop boot it was before PC gave up Today went to turn on the Computer and nothing happened in terms of there was no POST Indication and Windows Vista did not boot up The Screen remained Black indeed the Screen did not Packard bell m36 laptop will not boot show any light at all Have checked the AC Mains to DC Power Supply thats Packard bell m36 laptop will not boot showing V DC and V AC When the Computer is switchecd on I can observe the Power Light is on and then for perhaps seconds the Hard Disk Light comes on and then goes out Have tried restarting pressing F or F to get into the BIOS that did not work Have tried the recovers Console start up and pressing F that also did not work apart from the same lights as trying a normal start up A CD was inserted in the DVD CD rewriter it whirred into action and I could hear the Disk Running inside and I subsequently ejected that when nothing could be observed on the Display I have two Packard Bell DVD Master Disks for Recovery tried inserting one but again no POST no sign of any Boot Up so I ejected the Disk Grateful for any Technical Input that will get my PC up and running again Thank You Znord nbsp

A:Packard bell m36 laptop will not boot

[/B
Further to the above technical query,the following has been carried out:-

The Hard Disk drive was removed and inserted in a freezer compartment for 1 hour suitably wrapped up of course.

When reinserted after 1 hour and the computer started to boot the hard drive indicator light remained on for 2 - 3 minutes and went out again with still no display on the screen.

One of the memory sticks was removed and the computer started up, commenced to boot but no display on screen but hard disk indicator light lit and remained lit as if it is indicating something is happening on the hard disk, left running to see if any display will come up.

Anyone got any hints or pointers as to which avenues to now persue?

Thank You

Znord737

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-m36-laptop-will-not-boot.935113/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi All,

I have a Packard Bell laptop, it was working fine, then one day went to turn it on and nothing...except for the cooling fan turning on. The standby light etc comes on, but no operational noises, ie harddrive booting up. It's really baffled me.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Packard Bell Laptop not turning on

It would be helpful to know age and model.
Packard Bell is still a popular computer in the United Kingdom, but nowhere else.
Common causes are failed cooling fan, failed hard drive, memory module gone bad, cooling ports filled with dust and dirt.
Once a laptop has stopped, something must be replaced before it will begin working once more. so if you do not have experience inside the case, solicit the help of a knowledgable friend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-laptop-not-turning-on.133345/
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a PB Laptop and my problem is when I put the power on the screen has suddenly leaving colour miss prints like little dots you cannot get a start up only if you press down onto the keyboard with a slight force but if I pick the laptop up it will go into this crash mode and you won tbe able to see not a letter just colour square dots like a print My laptop has not fallen but I think the problem lies with my Laptop-Vista bell Packard yr old daughter she kept tapping the keyboard or if you was using the laptop and she would be on the opposite side to you she would try to pull at the screen and lay it flat like flipping the screen backwards but my theory is that maybe a wire is loose from the screen could this be the case but like I said before if Packard bell Laptop-Vista I don t move it off Packard bell Laptop-Vista the table I can shut down and start up or if the print comes on I press onto the keys and it starts to work again like normal but this can t be good I m worried that I Packard bell Laptop-Vista might be making it more worst or something could break pls help as I don t have any garantee has expired what can I do nbsp

A:Packard bell Laptop-Vista

Parkard bell easy note with wifi- limited edition

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-laptop-vista.978134/
Relevancy 84.28%

Not sure what quite happened here. I was using my laptop one night and it was working fine. I told it to shutdown and went to bed. Next morning i came down and tried to boot it up, only to find that it wouldn't.

When i plug the ac adapter in the LED will come on saying the battery is charging, but thats it. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I have a laptop that takes a long time to boot up and also when I very laptop slow Bell Packard running double click on Packard Bell laptop running very slow IE it takes a long time to open Also when I finally try to browse it takes a long time to move to other sites I have pasted and attached the files from Packard Bell laptop running very slow scan Packard Bell laptop running very slow as requested DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Tom Jarvis at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning disabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system drivers STDSB exe C WINDOWS system drivers Icon exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLService exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Belkin Belkin Wireless Network Utility WLanCfgG exe C Program Files Raxco PerfectDisk PDAgent exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C Program Files O bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Documents and Settings Tom Jarvis Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp my ebay co uk ws eBayISAPI dll MyEbay amp gbh amp CurrentPage MyeBaySummary amp ssPageName STRK ME LNLK amp trksid m BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google googletoolbar dll TB amp Google c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google googletoolbar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun WinampAgent c program files winamp winampa exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun SynTPLpr c program files synaptics syntp SynTPLpr exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun STDSB c windows system drivers STDSB exe mRun Icon c windows system drivers Icon exe mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun O quot c program files o bin sprtcmd exe quot P O IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C - hxxp www update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp www update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab Notify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll SERVICES DRIVERS R aswSP avast Self Protection c windows system drivers aswSP sys - - R aswFsBlk aswFsBlk c windows system drivers aswFsBlk sys - - R avast Antivirus avast Antivirus c program files alwil software avast ashServ exe - - R Iprip RIP Listener c windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs - - R MTC STDSB Scroll Bar Driver c windows system drivers STDSB sys - - R sprtsvc O SupportSoft Sprocket Service O c program files o bin sprtsvc exe - - S STDSB STDSB c windows system drivers STDSB sys - - S avast Mail Scanner avast Mail Scanner c program files alwil software avast ashMaiSv exe - - S avast W... Read more

A:Packard Bell laptop running very slow

Hello -

The biggest issue I see is a lack of physical memory on this machine. You're using IE8, which is still a Release Candidate, on a machine with 256MB RAM. I realize that MS says it will function with less, but Windows XP requires a minimum of 512MB to function well, and 1GB is even better. Until you address that, the machine will be slow, and IE slow to open.

You can visit Crucial where you can either input your model number or download a small application that will tell you exactly the type of RAM you need.

There is one entry which I'd like to get more information about.

Please download FileLook by jpshortstuff from one of these mirrors:
Link 1
Link 2Double-click FileLook.exe to run it.
Ensure that the BBCode Ouput checkbox is checked.
Copy the content of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:
c:\windows\system32\drivers\Icon.exe

Click the FileLook button to start the scan.
When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found at C:\fl_log.txt

Also....

Please go to: VirusTotalOn the page you'll find a "Browse" button.
Next to the browse button you'll see a box to enter text.
Please copy/paste the following:

c:\windows\system32\drivers\Icon.exe

Then click the "Send File " button just below.
This will scan the file. Please be patient.
If you get a message saying File has already been analyzed: click Reanalyze file now
Once scanned, copy and paste the results in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/packard-bell-laptop-running-very-slow-349902.html
Relevancy 84.28%

hi,i have a problem with my notebook.i wanted to do a recovery program for my packard bell easynote, so upon power on,i pressed f12 and then selected IDE HDD.after that the screen went blank.i waited more than two hours but nothing happened.the screen remained blank.i turned off notebook,turned it back on but the same thing happened,just a blackscreen appeared.can you please help me fix the problem,thank you!

A:packard bell easynote laptop cannot boot

What you did with F12 and IDE HDD is select a boot device. If the OS on the hdd is damaged, nothing happens as you discovered.

The correct sequence to restore is to hold the ALT key while tapping F10.
Source: http://packard-bell-scandic.custhel...2LzEvdGltZS8xNDQwMTgyNjg5L3NpZC9zeWtGT3V1bQ==

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-easynote-laptop-cannot-boot.1154181/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I'm having some trouble removing my motherboard, I have removed all the screws but still cannot seem to get it out, I tried contacting PB (Acer) but they haven't responded. I followed a guide and all, so I'm sure I've got all the screws ect... Anyways I've recorded it, I just don't want to damage the motherboard :P. VID-20130413-00018 - YouTube

Laptop Model: Packard Bell EasyNote TM80

Relevancy 84.28%

Does anyone know where I can down load a copy of the disassembly manual for the above laptop computer. The computer although Packard Bell is manufactured by NEC for PB . Does anyone know what the cross reference Model Numbers are between Packard Bell and NEC?
Thanks
Znord 737

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-igo-6204-laptop-or-nec-equivilent.883479/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello, I need help about laptop.
I have Packard Bell Laptop which I bought 2 weeks ago ( PACKARD BELL EasyNote TS13-HR-035UK 15.6" Laptop - Red at cheap prices | PC World ) and today for no reason my laptop turned off.. my computer just stuck (with sound) and then I saw blue screen then restarted.. I don't know why, and these things make me sad about new laptop.. fan working interesting.. sometimes fan it's quit reedy and HDD make soungs like click,click... 1 week ago I leaved my laptop on repairing centre to check my laptop, they just said, everything is fine...but I don't think so...
I attached from "msinfo32.exe" information I hope that will be usefull.
Thank you so much.
Ed

A:packard bell laptop shuted down for no reason

Is this the noise your HD is making:
Normally you will not hear the HD.
YouTube - ‪Hard Drive Click of Death Explanation and Live Demonstration‬‏

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171069-packard-bell-laptop-shuted-down-no-reason.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I apologize for my bad English and thank in advance Advise me please My basic data are Laptop Packard Bell Easynote ENTG BM OS Windows SL -bit Packard Easynote Laptop can ENTG71BM. How I r... Bell Description of the problem I can use the F -F keys only while pressing on the Fn key That is inconvenient I did not find the Function key behavior point in my UEFI so could not re-configure the F keys there But I have read somewhere in the Internet that one can change the behavior of the F keys using the Launch Manager application My machine came with the application installed v yet there is no that APP in Start Menu so I am not able to launch it and manage those keys Tech support said it was necessary to reestablish OS Windows for this purpose still I am not Laptop Packard Bell Easynote ENTG71BM. How can I r... sure it would help Questions How could I configutate F -F keys in such way that to use them without pressing on the Fn key Should I use Launch Manager for it or do it in another way Igor Smetanin

A:Laptop Packard Bell Easynote ENTG71BM. How can I r...

have you tried to search Launch manager pressingwindows key logo + sthen typeacer launch manager if it appears, double click it and see if it appears, if not, check for any icon on the notification bar, near clock and date.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Laptop-Packard-Bell-Easynote-ENTG71BM-How-can-I-re-configure-F1/td-p/368396/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 84.28%

I can r... Packard I ENTG71BM. Easynote How Laptop Bell apologize for my bad English and thank in advance Advise me please My basic data are Laptop Packard Bell Easynote ENTG BM OS Windows SL -bit Description of the problem I can Laptop Packard Bell Easynote ENTG71BM. How can I r... use the F -F keys only while pressing on the Fn key That is inconvenient I did not find the Function key behavior point in my UEFI so could not re-configure the F keys there But I have read somewhere in the Internet that one can change the behavior of the F keys using the Launch Manager application My machine came with the application installed v yet there is no that APP in Start Menu so I am not able to launch it and manage those keys Tech support said it was necessary to reestablish OS Windows for this purpose still I am not sure it would help Questions How could I configutate F -F keys in such way that to use them without pressing on the Fn key Should I use Launch Manager for it or do it in another way Igor Smetanin

A:Laptop Packard Bell Easynote ENTG71BM. How can I r...

have you tried to search Launch manager pressingwindows key logo + sthen typeacer launch manager if it appears, double click it and see if it appears, if not, check for any icon on the notification bar, near clock and date.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Laptop-Packard-Bell-Easynote-ENTG71BM-How-can-I-re-configure-F1/td-p/368396
Relevancy 84.28%

Can anyone help I have a packard bell laptop which is about years old Never had any trouble with it before Recently bell on laptop Packard switch wont my anti virus exspired so I downloaded the free AVG day trial Once that exspired I downloaded the free version of AVG Still downloading that my laptop Packard bell laptop wont switch on started to run slow and Packard bell laptop wont switch on took forever to start up as the shortcuts didnt appear for a long time Then while online my laptop screen went white and froze I took the battery out and then tried switching the laptop back on but now the power button flashes then knocks off then flashes and keeps on doing so while the screen stays black But I can hear the fan come on everytime the power button flashes blue When I do manage to get it on it works for no longer than minutes before freezing and resulting in me waiting for the battery to die or remove the battery Could this just be a virus or something major wrong Any help appreciated nbsp

A:Packard bell laptop wont switch on

Could be that your hard drive has gone bad.
Can you boot in <SAFE MODE> which will give you a low resolution screen, but bypasses other components. You depress the <F8> key repeatedly once per second until it boots or freezes. You have to get it working in order to perform various diagnoses, and Safe Mode is a good way to do some of that, but it does disable a lot of normal features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-laptop-wont-switch-on.132118/
Relevancy 84.28%

Suddenly, after 2 years of unfailing use, my Packard Bell Easy Note TK85 Laptop has unexpectedly failed to boot. Instead it shows a black screen with message stating that there is a 'PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable - no bootable device, insert disk and press any key'.
I have checked the BIOS to ensure Boot Priority is correct - the Hard Disk appears in the top position which would seem to be correct, I have also removed the HDD to see if this had failed, but am able to power it up and view it on my desktop reading all files etc. Somehow the BIOS is not identifying this Hard Drive - Any ideas would be appreciated. The Laptop is using Windows 7.

Jungle Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-packard-bell-no-show-on-laptop.1136761/
Relevancy 84.28%

hi my laptop was working fine until i put a memory stick and the screen froze i shut comp down by holding the power butting down
anyway when i switch back on it says on the screen not bootable cd in atapi cd rom could anybody help please as i work onboard a ship
and cant get ashore to get it fixed i would be really grateful or any help am lost without my laptop many thanks bigblue2

A:packard bell laptop easy note

Forgive a silly question, but have you removed the memory stick? If so, and if you still can't boot, enter the bios and make sure your hd is at the top of the boot order, then reboot. What happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372908/packard-bell-laptop-easy-note/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys I m trying to sort out issues with this Packard Bell laptop for a friend and his daughter The machine starts to boot gets to a quot Windows Starting quot logo screen and then when the screen goes back Blank Bell Screen Solved: Packard it just hangs There is a mouse curosr that you can move around but no screen to do anything with i have tried booting it into safe mode with the same result i took the drive out and put it in a Solved: Packard Bell Blank Screen caddy linked to my PC and the file structure is all there i ran chkdsk on it which found and fixed afew problems so it said but when I put the drive back in the laptop it still refused to get past this black screen I m tempted to buy this Win recovery disc and see what happens when I boot from that but I m wondering if there is anything I have missed The machine hasn t got a Win OS disc Thanks in advance for any help D nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

The problem im Bell stuck Packard Screen Up PC at Boot about to explain occured yesterday Ok first off my PC is a stationary Packard PC stuck at Packard Bell Boot Up Screen Bell AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Ghz with GB RAM OS is Windows Vista bit Home Premium Service Pack installed The PC itself is PC stuck at Packard Bell Boot Up Screen about years old if I remember correctly Anyway so I installed this programme Xport an xbox HDD programme which allows you to go inside of it and in order to use it I had to deactivate UAC and ofc I had to reboot the PC in order for it to work However when I went to reboot the PC got stuck at the lovely Packard Bell Boot Up screen where you get several option to acces BIOS or BOOT etc The PC just got stuck there not freezing or anything just stopped loading so I decided to restart it switching the power off and I think I did this about times on the fifth try I decided to try and enter the BOOT but nothing happened tried to enter BIOS and nothing happened not a single sound from the pc as if it was dead I became frustrated and spammed f several times and ctrl alt delete dont ask me why but after about min the boot loaded and I got the HDD CD-ROM Boot up option so I went with the HDD The screen went black after that and after a few ctrl alt deletes the PC got to the sign in screen on vista and everything was perfect once the PC was logged in on my account However I have to repeat this everytime I want to turn on my PC So im wondering what the problem is should I buy a new PC or is it possible to fix this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336879/pc-stuck-at-packard-bell-boot-up-screen/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi
I am trying to sort out my kids laptop, PB b3312 running xp home.
The problem is: I get an image at the bios flash screen, after that display is always dimmed. I can enter bios and still read everything fine as it stays lit.
I have tried several screens, along with a brand new inverter but to no avail.
Have also hooked it up externally and all is well there, display is fine.
Am now at the point of tearing my hair out, as I can't find any help on the net either.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions

Relevancy 83.42%

I have problems keyboard and mousepad bell problems Packard laptop with my packard bell easynote ls laptop I got my touchpad stopped working a Packard bell laptop keyboard and mousepad problems few weeks after I bought Packard bell laptop keyboard and mousepad problems it Touchpad can be used as normal clicking and pointing but no more scrolling function Another problem is keyboard auto running problems since yesterday While I am typing lines go down to another line themselves without me pressing quot Enter quot key on my keyboard It s not the only one problem with keyboard Numbers and keys on the right panel of the keyboard do not work properly When I press number key it appears sign and when I press number it appears I still see when I press number also Very weird and irritating Please help me with my problems Thanks Q Additional Details OS is Windows Laptop details Packardbell EasyNote LS Intel Core i - QM AMD Radeon HD M GB VRAM GB HDD quot HD LED LCD GB DDR Memory MP HD webcam DVD-Super Multi DL drive I also posted this on yahoo answers but didn t get the good answer and can t wait nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-laptop-keyboard-and-mousepad-problems.1044595/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi!

I hope someone can really halp us out here 'cause we trashed the hard disk and lost the backup partition. How can we get a rescue DVD, or oroginal system DVD? We did not get any media and were told to make a backup 'restore' CD set. This did not work well. Then we erased the hard disk after hencountering a problem. After intsalling Win XP, we could not install and configure the hardware as there were no hardware driver/ motherbaord driver CD's.

This is A Packard Bell Easynote-SJ51 model which came with Windows Vista.

Will appreciate any help or hints as to how we can get a rescue CD set/ DVD.

Many thanks

A:Packard Bell Laptop System Media missing

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Did you try visiting the Packard Bell web site to see if you could order recovery discs? Since you said you have installed Windows XP on the computer, you may want to see if they let you download the needed Windows XP drivers for your specific model and serial number.

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-laptop-system-media-missing.798198/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello OS - Windows Home Premium -bit What was original installed OS on system - Windows Home Premium The OS is an OEM version Age of system - Years Age of OS installation - Day CPU - Intel Celeron CPU GHz Ghz Video Card - Unknown built in MotherBoard - Unknown built in Power Supply - HIPRO w I have been having BSOD's Bell on Dot Packard laptop Multiple Repeating MU problems with my Packard Bell Dot M U laptop Multiple Repeating BSOD's on Packard Bell Dot MU laptop for a while getting various Blue Screens mainly stating DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL After searching for various solutions without success I got into safemode backed up all of my files to my external HD and decided to do a system factory reset and clean install of windows Home Premium When this first ran it crashed during install but I didn't see the message upon re-starting it went into a restart loop where windows said that it had had an unknown error and windows could Multiple Repeating BSOD's on Packard Bell Dot MU laptop not be installed please restart I managed to get it to re-start the whole process wiping and re-installing windows again this time it got further I can get into the setup screens for windows first the language screen then the username screen password and licence terms then the updates screen where i'm selecting ask me later and finally date and time settings It then says Finalizing windows and then the BSOD appears Eventually I have managed to get the computer to finish the installation each time getting a little bit further before it crashes I have had different blue screens - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D x x xFFFFF iastor sys - Address FFFFF base at FFFFF datestamp a aa BAD POOL CALLER STOP x C x x xFFFFFA CEAFC SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION STOP x B x C D xFFFFF A E xFFFFF ACD x STOP x x x x x I Think its a faulty driver of some sort but have no idea how to identify whats the problem or how to fix it Its a laptop with no new hardware nothing plugged into USB's so its not a new piece of hardware I've installed and I've done a complete wipe and re-install yet its still BSOD'ing I have included my windows dump files and some analysis files for reference Any Ideas Many Thanks Liam

A:Multiple Repeating BSOD's on Packard Bell Dot MU laptop

Quote: Originally Posted by liamomuk

Hello,

? OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
? What was original installed OS on system? - Windows 7 Home Premium
? The OS is an OEM version
? Age of system - 2 Years
? Age of OS installation - 1 Day
? CPU - Intel Celeron CPU 743 @ 1.30GHz 1.30Ghz
? Video Card - Unknown built in
? MotherBoard - Unknown, built in
? Power Supply - HIPRO 30w

I have been having problems with my Packard Bell Dot M/U laptop for a while, getting various Blue Screens, mainly stating DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

After searching for various solutions without success I got into safemode, backed up all of my files to my external HD and decided to do a system factory reset and clean install of windows 7 Home Premium.

When this first ran it crashed during install but I didn't see the message, upon re-starting it went into a restart loop where windows said that it had had an unknown error and windows could not be installed, please restart!

I managed to get it to re-start the whole process, wiping and re-installing windows again, this time it got further, I can get into the setup screens for windows, first the language screen, then the username screen, password and licence terms, then the updates screen (where i'm selecting ask me later) and finally date and time settings, It then says Finalizing windows and then the BSOD appears! Eventually I have managed to get the computer to finish the installation, each time getting a little bit further before it crashes.

I have had 3 different blue screens -

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x0000000000000000,0x000000000000001,0xFFFFF88001070771)
*** iastor.sys - Address FFFFF88001070771 base at FFFFF88001026000, datestamp 4a287aa4

BAD_POOL_CALLER
*** STOP: 0x000000C2 (0000000000000007,0x00000000000001097, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA8006CEAFC0)

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
*** STOP: 0x0000003B (0x00000000C000001D, 0xFFFFF80002A84E32, 0xFFFFF880051ACD70, 0x0000000000000000)

*** STOP: 0x00009087 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

I Think its a faulty driver of some sort, but have no idea how to identify whats the problem or how to fix it!

Its a laptop with no new hardware, nothing plugged into USB's so its not a new piece of hardware I've installed, and I've done a complete wipe and re-install yet its still BSOD'ing

I have included my windows dump files and some analysis files for reference.

Any Ideas?

Many Thanks

Liam

Hi and these are virtually identical. All related to your iastor driver. Update it and any other older driver listed below.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\dump\053111-45973-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 UP Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a4a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c87e50
Debug session time: Tue May 31 04:54:32.260 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:15:13.336
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
****************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166399-multiple-repeating-bsods-packard-bell-dot-mu-laptop.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi
My computer keeps reminding me to make my recovery dvd's (packard bell laptop), When i first bought the laptop i tried to make them but it gets to so many % then stops and wont carry on. Its still reminding me to make them and ive tried dvd, cdr but with no luck. I am concerned that should my laptop "die" for any reason i then have no way of reinstalling vista. Please help, Heidi

p.s ive just had help with spyware/malaware and done hijackthis/combo fix etc and my computer is now running ok again

A:Unable To Make Recovery Dvd's For Packard Bell Laptop

I'd suggest contacting Packard Bell for support on this issue - they can tell what's wrong, and they can provide recovery disks if needs be.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146993/unable-to-make-recovery-dvds-for-packard-bell-laptop/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi everyone first time posting here just need a bit of advice at the minute I charger Laptop Easynote Packard for TN36_440_UK ? Bell have had my laptop for about year and a half now and my first charger broke about months ago to which I bought a charger off of Amazon UK which I have never been totally happy with as I don t think the pin in the charger went well with the laptop and could only charge on a certain angle Anyway i think that has broke as i cannot get it to charge when i got home today but I m just abit worried as it just stopped working suddenly im Laptop charger for Packard Bell Easynote TN36_440_UK ? feeling abit anxious about it as im worried that the stuff inside it to do with charging has broke inside it if you get what I mean But anyway it cant be the stuff inside it can it If not can anyone reccomend a good charger for my laptop on a site like Amazon UK or play Laptop charger for Packard Bell Easynote TN36_440_UK ? com or somewhere preferably under Thanks for the help if this is all worded wrong just ask if you need more info thanks nbsp

A:Laptop charger for Packard Bell Easynote TN36_440_UK ?

It never pays in the long run to buy a cheap AC Adapter which is not directly equivalent to the original factory item, and Ģ20 is definitely bargain basement for that item!. Cheap copies aren't made to the same standard, they may get too hot, generally have a short life, and have been known to damage the laptop.

The original equipment replacement AC Adapter for the TN36 is here: http://store.packardbell.com/store/pbemea/en_GB/pd/productID.219922700/categoryId.52229700

It costs more than twice as much as that cheap "knock off" you bought, but it's the only one I would recommend and the only place I'd get one from if I needed a new battery for a Packard Bell laptop. I wouldn't trust a cheap copy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-for-packard-bell-easynote-tn36_440_uk.975655/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi, I recently did a complete restart on quite an only packard bell desktop. Everything worked ok for a while then it rebooted itself and got stuck on the purple start up screen. I can not do another reboot as I can't get any further. Ok have tried replacing the bios battery in the motherboard and also cleaning an switching off holding start button 3 times. Please help

A:Packard bell stuck on purple start up screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode.

To boot into Safe Mode start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button to start the computer.

You should see a page like the one below.  Use the up or down arrows to navigate to Safe Mode, press Enter to select the option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530354/packard-bell-stuck-on-purple-start-up-screen/
Relevancy 82.56%

My laptop is failing to produce any sound from the speakers I ve tried plugging in headphones to see if they work and they don t either The only sound that I ve heard is the loud beep when I put in my laptop charger When trying to play a song on iTunes it doesn t even say that the song is playing once i ve clicked on the play button So it seems that it just does not want to play sound It s not a problem with iTunes alone eg I ve also tried youtube etc just seems strange I ve ensured Laptop, appreciated!! help Packard working Sound Solved: not on Bell that all the speakers are not on mute and they re all on Solved: Sound not working on Packard Bell Laptop, help appreciated!! high volume I ve gone through Device Manager also and it says that everything is working as it should The pain is is that I have had this laptop for a while so don t have a manual or anything I could look in and I also don t want to be dishing out lots of money on programmes to get it working with the risk of it not even making a difference I would be really grateful if you could help me out it s getting very frustrating Thank You nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-not-working-on-packard-bell-laptop-help-appreciated.955540/
Relevancy 82.56%

Good morning,

I am fixing my laptop, a packard bell model ETNA GL.

I have already disassembled all the equipment and cleaned the fan. But now, I am not able to join the fan to the mother board .

It is the first time I do this, and I would need some help to assembled the fan ....

I bought this laptop in 2009, and I donīt find any kind of information about how to do it.

Could somebody help me?

Thanks you in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-packard-bell-model-etna-gl-disassemble-fan-clearning.1149113/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi guys.

My girlfriends laptop has a habit of pulling an occasional (seemingly random) BSOD on start-up. As far as either of us can remember it's the same error code every time.
Having had good advice from the forum previously I thought the best thing to do was ask here (before killing-it-while-attempting-to-fix-it).
Hopefully the files requested in the How/What to Post instructions will be attached to this post.
Thanks in advance for any help or advice available.

Cheers, Scruff

A:Packard Bell laptop 0x0000004F STOP error on startup

McAfee is a frequent cause of blue screens, please remove it.

Replace with Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Malwarebytes Free Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at:Good & Free System Security CombinationMake scans with - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US

Online Virus Scanner EsetPlease take a back up of the hard drive asap - (on an external device / HDD)

Reduce items at start up:Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7

Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Your Antivirus software is basically whats just needed there.

Use the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & ErrorsUpload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureMonitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitor For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Tue Jul 30 02:21:50.059 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:22.495
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80086e0b30, fffffa80086e0e10, fffff80003788350}
Probably caused by : wininit.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_5
PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jul 26 18:58:19.594 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:20.030
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008770b30, fffffa8008770e10, fffff80003786350}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Jul 26 03:07:25.355 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:22.791
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80081b2b30, fffffa80081b2e10, fffff800037d3350}
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Sat Jul 21 00:07:13.612 2012 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 22:48:39.048
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa800416b660, fffff80000b9c510}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSwapContext+7a )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299139-packard-bell-laptop-0x0000004f-stop-error-startup.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello!

I have a Packard Bell EasyNote TE Laptop, Proccessor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1000M @ 1.8GHz 1.8GHz, RAM: 4GB DDR3, HDD 500GB, Graphic Card: Intel? HD Graphics 4000.

Successfully installed the Windows 7 x64. When I install the Graphic Card Driver, the screen is black. I download drivers from official Packard Bell website.

I try to install successfully Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, but I have same problem after install Graphic Card Driver.

Can help me anyone?

A:Packard Bell Black Screen after install GRAPHIC CARD

Your showing both 32/64 bit OS, did you download the correct drivers??

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/398507-packard-bell-black-screen-after-install-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 81.7%

So I have an old laptop that I considered changing out the hard drive (it's broken), but I have never done it for a laptop before and am not sure if changing it will fix the problem. The operating system won't load and I have tried starting up Ubuntu via usb (Error: Asking for cache data failed and Assuming drive cache : write through) by installing it and simply through usb. Also tried Windows 7 but I think I need a hard drive that works.

The hard drive that was in it is a Seagate Momentus 5400.3 120 GB. I don't know what I could replace it with or if the price is worth it, but any help would be great!

A:Solved: Replacing an old Laptop hard drive (ALP Ajax D Packard Bell)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacing-an-old-laptop-hard-drive-alp-ajax-d-packard-bell.1106979/
Relevancy 80.84%

hi all, thanks for looking,
problem......
i have a packard bell easy note laptop that refuses to boot/start at all.
i was having problems anyway so i did a recovery/ formatt where it wiped off all software and restored it back to factory settings.via the start menu( cant remember which button!)
as these do not come with a recovery cd!
now when i press the start button i get the error recovery screen with safe mode etc
if i press anything i get the windows loading bar for about 3 seconds,screen flashes blue with some kind of message(which vanishes so fast you cant read it,very helpfull!) then turns off or restarts only for the same thing to happen,
please bear in mind that im really not to clever on the pc side so any help in pc thick /english please!
thanks for your time
ta gary

A:PACKARD BELL laptop just wont start/ boot !kidz r drivin me nuts!

Take the laptop to a repair center. They will sort it out for you... At minimum you will need an XP CD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-laptop-just-wont-start-boot-kidz-r-drivin-me-nuts.96078/
Relevancy 75.25%

Dear all i have OEM vista preloaded with my "Packard Bell TN65" laptop now i have formatted and installed windows xp but no drivers are supporting pls help me to get i contacted microsoft they suggest me to try with some hotfixes and patch released......kindly helpp me

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys i recently bought a packard bell pc and it has 5gb of my hard drive hidden. how can i access this 5gb.

Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Packard Bell from 1999 would like to know I the plug where the phone line was in if it can be changed to an Ethernet plug for lite DSL. Would it be safe?jeffgranny

A:Packard Bell

Model882 ID845614101 s#p194023347+Has CD Rom an CDRW it is working good my sister has Macular Degeneration so I was trying to get one fixed with larger writing for her to use.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/packard-bell/65957.html
Relevancy 70.95%

does does graphic tablet Packard Bell PB-GT-150 work with Vista home premium

A:packard bell pb-gt-150

Hello rosebryan,
As far as i can see, PB does not have any support for this model any more.
If you install Vista, you may have a problem getting drivers for it. But as there are third party drivers available for most apps, you may be lucky.
The only way to find out is to install it and see, but to be honest, i would not hold out much hope.
Does PB have a forum ?, you may find somebody with the same model who has had more luck with this.
Hope this helps, good luck and post your results.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/267518-packard-bell-pb-gt-150-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi newbie here
Right my dad has a packard bell 525 desktop.
Before he could make a recovery disk the system crashed, so him being the dummy he is, he then put a fujitsu siemens recovery disk. Now when he switches the computer on all he gets is a blank screen

Any help would be appreciated

A:Packard bell 525 HELP

It would be surpising that the packard Bell would even have recognised the Fujitsi RD, let alone loaded anything from it.

Assuming it did (which I find doubtful), and that you have removed the Fujitsu CD, the recovery files should still be on a hidden partition on the hard drive.

However the system crashing may be due to a hardware failure and totally unrelated to the recovery disk?

The "black screen" probably indicates that the computer simply is not booting more than the incorrect recovery process, which likely never actually ran anyway.

Can you be more descriptive of "the system crashed"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-525-help.586254/
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Packard Bell Easy Pad 100 1mb, I have got the cable to connect to a PC and i would like to know where i can get the software from to connect to a PC. I do not have the software as it is sec hand.

Can someone help

[email protected]

A:Packard Bell PDA

I found CompanionLink it offers two-way synchronization between your favorite PIM or Contact Manager and your personal organizer. Here's a link to it: http://www.windowslink.com/cl.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-pda.54477/
Relevancy 70.95%

hi im trying to do a full destructive recovery on my packard bell pc,but im not getting a logo on startup and pressing f11 doesent work,can anybody help,thanks..

A:packard bell

Try ALT+F10 keys during boot-up.

p49 Packard Bell Manual - http://global-download.packardbell.c...ll&SC=EMEA_25P

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/packard-bell-531793.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I recently turned on my old PB Legend after it was for help old Packard Bell Need off for many many months and got a quot battery dead quot notice I was adventerous and removed the old battery and soldered in a new battery holder and installed a battery The battery error was gone but the old gal is having issues Need help for old Packard Bell I had removed a bunch of cables from the motherboard and drives Need help for old Packard Bell so I could solder the new battery holder in but didn t a whole lot of attention to the orientation of the connectors dummy I thought I had figured out which connectors went where and what orientation they should be red stripe on ribbon cable to pin on connector I initially got the following messages when I booted the machine INCORRECT DRIVE TYPE A - RUN SETUP INCORRECT DRIVE TYPE B - RUN SETUP AUTOTYPING ADAPTER MASTER AUTOTYPE FAILED FAILURE FIXED DISK I tried flipping the connector on the floppy drive and inserted the facory reboot disk and rebooted the machine I now get the following messages INCORRECT DRIVE TYPE B - RUN SETUP AUTOTYPING ADAPTER MASTER AUTOTYPE FAILED FAILURE FIXED DISK I have been looking on the web and found that the problem might be the BIOS Hmm Not quite sure what to do now Can anyone out there help nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

looking for a web-site for packard-bell, tried some, came back invalid

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello Can you PLEASE help me so my young boy can enjoy his new computer I have worked SO hard to do this for him ALSO Where can I find the SPECIFICATIONS for this particular computer Like what BRAND MODEL especially of the PCI components listed below This would help me in finding the RIGHT drivers Thanks Much A VERY frustrated Grandma WHAT I NEED PCI drivers for a MM- Master CDs Set Hello Computer was given to me no CD s except for the Windows which I don t think is the original from Packard Bell I really prefer the Master CD restore recovery CDs Any ideas suggestions have a spare set Computer Multi Media ID Number Serial P yes the is correct I formatted the HD re-installed Win from the full-install Microsoft CD All went just fine with the exception of the following all have YELLOW exclamations next to them PCI Communications Device It was a LTWinModem in properties BEFORE I formatted installed etc PCI Multimedia Audio Device Yamaha in properties before PCI Parallel controller SIIG CyberParallel PCI card on LPT- in properties before NOW When I try to install using my Win CD it looks for an INF Bell MM ME!! HELP Packard 875 + file which it can NOT find hence not installed I Packard Bell MM 875 + HELP ME!! even forced it to search my HD at C Windows inf no go Am I looking in the wrong place Just point me to the correct drivers places to look I should be able to take it from there Write to me directly if you wish ANY help will be much appreciated I am fixing up this older Packard Bell computer for a young boy GRANDMA nbsp

A:Packard Bell MM 875 + HELP ME!!

Try the following link for drivers, maybe they will be of some use.
http://beta.driverguide.com/beta/index.php?action=getinfo&id=788

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-mm-875-help-me.138938/
Relevancy 70.95%

My kids PC took a lightning hit. It was an old Packard Bell Multimedia 850. When I turn it on the hard drive comes on but there is no picture. I assumed it was a bad video card, but when I opened it there wasn't a video card just an adapter that's hooked to the motherboard. I've tried like hell to get this thing off but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions or any ideas on where I can an online manual for this computer?

Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Packard Bell Legend Supreme that I bought used almost a year ago. I ended up with some sort of virus, so my friend came up with the idea to format the C drive and then re-install windows. Now I can't install Windows 98 because,even when CD-Rom support is selected on start up, my computer is "not ready to read drive E". A few people have told me I may need to install the drivers for my particular CD-Rom. I don't have the diskette and have no idea where to obtain the drivers. Any input that anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 70.95%

I just aquired a pc that iz a packard bell. but they suk personally. so i formatted the hard drive, yet when i start it the parkard bell logo keep comin up and not going any further. i change to diff hard drive with windows ME installed on it. but the logo iz still there.
I wanna know wot it iz that keeps makin the logo come up. and how do i get rid of it so i can use the comp again.....

Thx

Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Packard Bell which is about 4-5 years old. I am not sure how to get into the case. There are no obvious entry points or screws. On the front it only says Packard Bell and Multimedia. No other names. I appreciate any inputs. Thank you. LS

Relevancy 70.95%

Someone gave my neice an old Packard Help Packard Old For Bell? Bell computer and she was wondering if I could find some information about this computer for her I have Help For Old Packard Bell? run around in circles looking and haven t gotten very far I know it is a dinosaur and it is bottom of the line but I m just trying to get any info I can for her What I have so far is PB GB HD MHz Intel Pentium processor MOBO IBM AT BIOS IBM LVKT AUS hx hx chipset MB RAM I can t seem to find any info on the IBM MOBO or the processor quot Fresh Diagnose quot says pentium r processor level rev mhz processor level Where can I find out what processors are compatible with it And what kind of RAM is compatible I know it s probably going to cost too much to mess with but I told her I would check on it So I figured if I could find a cheap processor like on ebay and maybe a stick or of ram fairly cheap I would fix it up a little for her Her and her husband don t have a lot of money she s just and they have kids and one on the way So any help you can give would be greatly appreciated Thanks P S If no help with this computer maybe you might have an idea where I could get a computer tower for about susiejo nbsp

A:Help For Old Packard Bell?

I can tell you without even looking it up, you're looking at either paying a ridiculous amount for any RAM you DO find for that (IF you can find any; it's probably either FastPage or EDO), or you'll stumble across a boatload of it for free... either way, with an original Pentium 133, you'll be lucky if the system will handle a total of 128MB.

I did find this page that may be useful - I didn't see any matching numbers for the info you posted above, but you may be able to correlate something from it with something else in the system: http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/lakes/8774/syschart.html

Frankly, that machine isn't worth spending the time on, let alone any money. I don't know where you live, but around here, brand-new AMD Semperon or Intel Celeron systems, complete with 512MB RAM, 80GB or better hard drive, and DVD writer, can be had for <$300 (check this pair, for example - under CDN$250: http://a-power.com/product.php?productid=2515&cat=458&page=1 and http://a-power.com/product.php?productid=2513&cat=457&page=1).

That may be a bit out of your or her budget, but it gives you a bargaining chip if you go looking for something used (someone wanting more than $100 for a P3 system, for example, is probably smoking crack).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-for-old-packard-bell.578412/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everyone I have been asked to look at an old Packard go! won't Packard Bell Bell Packard Bell won't go! it is a Pentium Mhz running Win I would be grateful for any help Packard Bell won't go! that might get it going The problem is on boot up there is nothing on the screen except a flashing cursor I have booted from a boot disk but the floppy does not light on POST Packard Bell won't go! and doesn t seem to work Tried a new one with new cable still nothing although if the cable is reversed the wrong way round the floppy light stays on all the time like it would do Lights flash on keyboard and CD-ROM on boot up and there is noise from the hard drive as if it is going to boot but no light for hard drive activity I have changed RAM booted with only CPU video card and RAM still no change Have checked all the jumpers and everything is in it s right place except one jumper floating in the case Any help gratefully appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

hi guys having problems with my packard bell easynote tk when i pres some keys on the keybord all im getting is RGT ? and also the scroll pad has now stopped working any ideas plz

regards
scot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell.1087938/
Relevancy 70.09%

right first thing is first, i am not a computer wiz,
ive tried restoring my packard bell which ive had for a while, all i thought was put in cd let it run put in another one when it tell yous, obv some how i managed to mess that up, ive got 4 master cds,
when i go to load it up now it says

Error 2
system incorrectly configured, contact technical support
2:bad EXTH (crc)

then the next screen goes black and has on it;

Exit from OEMSETUP
D:\>

could anybody please suggest anyhelp, and please put it in simple terms

A:packard bell restoration

welcome to the forum,
please do not duplicate posts here - if its in the wrong forum, we can always move - use the report button
continue here http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/978467-packard-bell-restoration.html
closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-restoration.978465/
Relevancy 70.09%

A friend of mine brought me his pc to to see if I knew how to fix it F170 Bell Packard He had used the Restore Cd to clean it up so his mom and dad could use it After the restored cd was finished it asted like it was gonna boot to Win but then it came up with an error that the sound card wasnt detected please contact a technician I tried the utilities on the disk and it says that the sound card may be loose in its socket not wired up correctly and something else The soundcard is plugged into a daughter card I think thats what there Packard Bell F170 called along with a modem and Packard Bell F170 a card for a scanner Ive read some of the other posts and some say that PB shipped the wrong Restore cd s with some of their pc s If anyone has any kind of information it would be greatly appreciated If replied to Ill try to get the exact errors and hardware profiles Thanks nbsp

A:Packard Bell F170

Howdy there knuckal459...

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

It sounds like the sound card is either bad, or has been replaced with a different one, other than the one that was shipped with the pc...

Does W95 load after the massage ?

Also can you tell us what sound card is in the pc ?

BTW...it is called a riser card ...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-f170.124083/
Relevancy 70.09%

Please I need help to decide what brand of laptop to buy Acer Aspire - A G Mi or Packard Bell Easynote BU -O- I m kinda new to the tech department so I need advices from the expert And there are some questions that I need to ask Which is a better Processor Intel Duo Core or AMD Turion x Cozn some says that AMD processor use to heat up easily compare to Intel And is it true that AMD is best for gaming compare to Intel I also notice that Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X Video Memory is with up to MB DVMT MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory while AMD uses NVIDIA GeForce M G and has a Video Memory of up to GB Turbocache Technology MB Dedicated Memory up to Mb Shared Memory Which is better then And what s the difference between Dedicated Memory to Shared Memory Coz obviously NVIDIA is bigger than Intel Please help me with these querries Acer Packard Bell? or guys THanks nbsp

A:Acer or Packard Bell?

Maybe this will help on processor comparison:
http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=911&model2=882&chart=435

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-or-packard-bell.660121/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi i have a Packard bell easynote mb88 limited edition and i have reformated my laptop so many times and i keep getting blue screen i can not move my laptop because i get it and after about 10 mins i get it i cant do anything on my laptop

pleeaseeee help .....

sam..

A:Packard bell problem

You need to get the dump files and post em up.... Follow theses instructtions :Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

But as you've reformated many times i believe its hardware.

D/l and burn a boot cd of memtest86+ Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool It'll test the ram for errors, which is a very likely cause of your bsod

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285753-packard-bell-problem.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Can anyone tell me how to get into a very old PB computer tower. This one has been in someone's basement for several yrs and is filthy. It also only has 32MB RAM. I would like to clean it up good and then add some RAM. This is one that originally came with WIN 95 & has been upgraded to 98. I know it is in dire need of cleaning on the inside as dirty as it is on the outside and around the floppy and CD-Rom drives.
Thanks for any help.
Ruth

Relevancy 70.09%

Is it possible to upgrade this pc with 64bit,graphics card,Wins 7or8 instead of buying new PC Attached details of PC

A:Upgrade Packard Bell PC

Run the Windows Upgrade Advisor to see if your computer can support Windows 7 Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/upgrade-packard-bell-pc-761985.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all,
I have a Packard Bell PC which when powered on - the fans come on - but there is no action either from the drive or on the monitor. I have tested the power supply (with a power supply tester) and it's O.K. There are also no beeps from the bios. Tried removing the memory and unplugging the keyboard - still no beeps. I think the power switch works as it turns the machine on but doesn't turn it off when held in for a while!? Does this sound like s fried mobo?? Or is there something else I could try? Thanks AL..

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, I have a Packardbell machine and the sound is very low.
Please send me the latest realtek audio driver.
My Windows : Win7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Packardbell Model : EasyNote NM87

Thanks!.

A:Packard Bell Low Volume (HELP)

The drivers are listed Here - Download free driver for notebook Packard Bell EasyNote NM87 (Windows 7, XP, Vista) << DriverPack Solution

Best to always use the vendor drivers if available. Non-Vendor drivers may not work or work correctly.

I easily found the drivers by doing a google search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/233155-packard-bell-low-volume-help.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have an old packard bell PB2950 here, and I have really messed it up. Somehow the initial setup values are not correct, and I need to know how to re set it up so I cam load an OS, is there anyone out there with some help. I keep getting a message"2f8h com address conflict"

Relevancy 70.09%

(SOLVED) Does anyone have a Packard Bell Restore CD? If you do, I will explain my story to you.

A:Packard Bell Restore CD

Hi Charster85, Welcome to TSG !!
Try us anyway!!
Also tell us what OS you are running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-restore-cd.116535/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi guys another genius here, Well i pulled my heatsink out of the mobo cause i wanted to clean it , and when i put the square thing back in with all the pins on it back in i bent a few pins, well now the pc will not start, i had an antistatic band on, i straightened the pins the best i could, and when i power up the thing, its like the cd drive is going for gold the monitor is blank, the fan is working, oh what have i done ?

A:Packard bell is dead

heya Zeno dude cheers, you got a happy satisfied man ere, next time yes i will read up about things, then i would have realised that you cannot put the prossesor back in still attached to the heatsink :0) i never knew they seperated. so its all go thanks, i do have one other thing, now when i start the p.c i get a message cmos cheksum error defaults loaded , and wont boot past that any ideas?

ok dude cheers man . im a noodle head, the reason i couldnt get any further on the boot up is because i forgot to plug the keyboard in lol. now is all good
:0)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-is-dead.101710/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey Im looking for the drivers for the packard bell multimedia keyboard. The eject button on the keyboard no longer works and I was wondering if anyone here knows where i can get the drivers to make the eject button and all the other buttons worka gain.

Ive checked packard bell and searched endlelly on google. with no luck. any help would be appreciated

A:Packard bell Keyboard

www.driverguide.com You'll need to register but i am sure you ll find the drivers you are looking for.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f19/packard-bell-keyboard-69545.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Greetings I have questions and need help First let me explain a bit I am a co-founder of a non-profit We got a lucky break and someone Bell a Desktop With Need Help Packard donated a Need Help With a Packard Bell Desktop Packard Bell desktop without manuals etc to us We are happy to have the PC and plan to use it for most if not all of our non-profit activities Letters posters and updating our web site I used a UK web site and they as I expected the back indicates Sacramento CA did not recognize the Serial Number I am in the USA as you might guess and am asking for assistance The serial number is c cm c j It is a desktop tower The video is Samsung likely not part of the original package I want to add memory if I can PNY has a sale locally but I don t know how to find out if I have SSM or DDM memory I understand some things about PCs but not near enough I would appreciate any help you can give and understand if you cannot Thank you for your time Regards Larry email protected Lawrence P Roerig Secretary-Treasurer Music In Communities amp Education P O Box Springfield Illinois - - - Fax nbsp

A:Need Help With a Packard Bell Desktop

Hiya and welcome, Larry

I've split your post off and created a new thread for you, so you'll get more responses

I buy all my memory from here:

http://www.crucial.com/

The link above is the US site.

On the front page, choose Packard Bell from the drop down menu. Then, you need to look for the product line. This should be on the front of the actual pc. Then, choose the model.

For instance, I chose A series, then E570 from the next option. This then brings you to a page that explains which memory you can use, as each RAM stick can work fror different systems.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-a-packard-bell-desktop.383163/
Relevancy 70.09%

I am thinking about buy a PACKARD BELL IMEDIA 1538 Pentium PC off the internet but I have a few questions that I would like to ask (Don't laugh) that you guys maybe able to help me with

I am computer illiterate so be nice

Will I be able to run my Broadband connection through this PC as no mention is made on any internet website as regards it's capabilities with the net

Does it support networking as I will be trying to set up a wireless connection for my broadband linking this PC to the router which will connect my laptop and kids PC

Any help?

Cheers guys

SLG

Relevancy 70.09%

What are the chances of getting an old PB pc reformatted with an oem win98se disk, does it have to be loaded from the disk that comes with it or do i have a chance?

Relevancy 70.09%

I bought a packard bell computer about 3 years ago as this was my first computer I didnt know much about them (not that I know Much Now) it had windows xp installed no hard disc came with the package only a recovery floppy disk( this would start up the system which is hidden away in a partition some where in my computer which I cannot access. My sister inlaw bought one recently hers had a rewriter in hers and she can make a copy of her operating system i have added a rewriter to mine but still can get a copy if my hard drive goes I will have to by a new operating system can anyone help me.
Thanks Sherbetdab

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40372/packard-bell-recovery/
Relevancy 70.09%

My grandfather owns a grandfather of a computer a Packard Bell mod. Legend 2035. It indicates that it is upgradeble, ( I recommended just getting a new one) but anyways he is persistant, I am trying to find a PB web site to see the specs. or somewhere I can find parts fo this machine, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 70.09%

I bought this laptop a while ago There was already Windows unstable 51 Bell Packard Sj installed on it and running perfectly I Packard Bell Sj 51 unstable was dumb and decided to install a new fresh copy of win on it without backing up the drivers After the install i didnt know where to find the drivers so i googled and downloaded them from a site called driverscollection but those were not the correct ones they were for this model but some of them were for Vista XP and windows Now the laptop is running really unstable i got alot of BSODS but then i updated the bios and bsod problem solved Still its really unstable First i installed drivers with DriverGenius It was still unstable then i decided to install Windows again and only use drivers provided from Windows update Still unstable The last time i decided to install from driverscollection problem still not resolved One of the signs is that for example if i am browsing a page when i scroll down its kind of laggy If i have a youtube Packard Bell Sj 51 unstable video playing in the background the computer gets really laggy and sometimes even freezez I think these issues are due to incorrect drivers etc but i am not getting any yellow triangles in the device manager What do you guys think can be the problem

A:Packard Bell Sj 51 unstable

Please help before i smash this laptop !

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/261210-packard-bell-sj-51-unstable.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi can any computer whizz out there help - if so it would be much appreciated - does anyone have the answer to what happened to my pc I bought a packard bell platinum exactly a year ago and have had nothing but problems they had to change the motherboard on it - six months ago until finally the ultimate - I left it on for approximately two hours - connected to the internet - had yahoo messenger and aol messenger on and launch com thats it Came back and the monitor smelled really strange and the whole monitor screen was scrambled and all the icons were huge The resolution on the monitor had switched itself to colors by x when I left the machine it was at its normal settings - bit x - why did it do this - no one can give me an answer Shut Bell Monitor Packard down immed and turned it back on - called packard bell for help and they couldn t help - they couldn t come up with a reason - suggested reinstalling the device adaptor - that didn t solve the problem - the icons are still showing up askew - to the left side of the monitor and the desktop icons are to the extreme left and right of the screen and the start up text in dos is very big - has been suggested that the monitor is now damaged or possibly the display Packard Bell Monitor card - probably the monitor - can someone tell me what caused this and what do I do now - if I try in on a different pc will it ruin that persons computer - or do I now need to get a new monitor - I guess that would be Packard Bell Monitor the smart thing to do huh - Thanks for your help - Bonnie Packard Bell Monitor nbsp

A:Packard Bell Monitor

It really sounds like your monitor bit the dust. Try a differnet monitor on your machine or try your monitor on another.

It could be the video card but I would suspect the monitor if you smelled burning electronics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-monitor.51648/
Relevancy 70.09%

I remember why I don t like Packard Bells I got one of these Packard 1985 Bell in my shop a PB which has a SIS chipset on Packard Bell 1985 the motherboard This is a K - AMD mhz with SIMMS This system was running Win with IE The problem is that in IE all JPEGS JPGS and JPES show up with a quot grid quot in them or appear distorted on any web site Any thing tried like upgrading IE would not take Upon restart if any changes where made SCANREG would run then the thing would boot with the old settings After days of messing I decided to format the drive wiped it clean and installed Win se Same thing with the jpegs All distorted Every driver is the newest available ESS sound and SIS video alike The BIOS is the newest also Finally after attempts IE upgraded to Sp- Still distorted jpegs on web pages TIFS look fine Here is the specs and a pic of the motherboard I have never seen anything like this I can not for the life of me understand why SCANREG runs during the boot I am beginning to wonder if the MB isn t failing altogether Any opinions Guesses Any input would be apprecated nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp problem bell packard amp BlueScreen amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp packard bell problem amp BCCode a BCP D DCC BCP BCP BCP A D E OS Version Service packard bell problem Pack Product amp packard bell problem amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp amp C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users atanaska AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml nbsp

A:packard bell problem

&#1057;&#1080;&#1075;&#1085;&#1072;&#1090;&#1091;&#1088;&#1072; &#1085;&#1072; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1073;&#1083;&#1077;&#1084;:BlueScreen
&#1048;&#1084;&#1077; &#1085;&#1072; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1073;&#1083;&#1077;&#1084;&#1085;&#1086; &#1089;&#1098;&#1073;&#1080;&#1090;&#1080;&#1077;:

Signature of the problem: BlueScreen
Name of problem event

&#1042;&#1077;&#1088;&#1089;&#1080;&#1103; &#1085;&#1072; &#1054;&#1057;: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
&#1048;&#1044; &#1085;&#1072; &#1077;&#1079;&#1080;&#1082;&#1086;&#1074;&#1072; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1084;&#1077;&#1085;&#1083;&#1080;&#1074;&#1072;: 1026

Version of the OS: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
ID on ezikova promenliva: 1026

&#1044;&#1086;&#1087;&#1098;&#1083;&#1085;&#1080;&#1090;&#1077;&#1083;&#1085;&#1072; &#1080;&#1085;&#1092;&#1086;&#1088;&#1084;&#1072;&#1094;&#1080;&#1103; &#1079;&#1072; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1073;&#1083;&#1077;&#1084;&#1072;:

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: a
BCP1: 4D769DCC
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 82A1D71E
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

&#1060;&#1072;&#1081;&#1083;&#1086;&#1074;&#1077;, &#1082;&#1086;&#1080;&#1090;&#1086; &#1087;&#1086;&#1084;&#1072;&#1075;&#1072;&#1090; &#1087;&#1088;&#1086;&#1073;&#1083;&#1077;&#1084;&#1098;&#1090; &#1076;&#1072; &#1073;&#1098;&#1076;&#1077; &#1086;&#1087;&#1080;&#1089;&#1072;&#1085;:

Files that help to describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\020112-12339-01.dmp
C:\Users\atanaska\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-28828-0.sysdata.xmlClick to expand...

Welcome yancho086 to TSG. Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump compress with Winzip or Winrar and upload the files in there. Click and then To upload the files. Sorry! Just having a little fun with images.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-problem.1039055/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi all

trying to use my sytem recovery discs, but i keep getting an error 'glue parts error' i have deleted both partions, I think this is the problem, but no idea how to solve it. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 70.09%

hello all
im looking for drivers for my laptop (packard bell SJ51 easynote). for window 7 x64. the only drives i get is for X32 off PB site. when i run CPU ID (CPUZ) this is the info i get. hope the following att works. if could send alink i could download the drivers

A:packard bell SJ51

Download and run the Driver update program from PB ... Driver Update Utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/89056-packard-bell-sj51.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have been given an old Packard Bell system (Multimedia L198, Windows 95, 2.1 Gig HD, 16 meg of RAM, 200 Mhz Pentium processor). It has no recovery software. The system will boot, but it locks up often and the CDROM is dead.
My question is this: If I replace the CDROM drive and us a boot disc, can Win 98se be put on this machine?
Any ideas would be helpfull.

John

Relevancy 70.09%

I Just loaded a Packard Bell CD loaded with photos into drive of my new Acer laptop and it caused all sorts of problems First the disc just CD causes Bell Packard crash whirred away doing nothing no window opened requesting viewing options When I Packard Bell CD causes crash tried to load via Computer and then relevant drive I just got an error message stating application was not working I was then unable to eject the disc and attempting to shut down the computer produced a black screen and the computer to hang Thinking the disc was somehow at fault I tried another Packard Bell CD with the same result I was concerned that the fault was with the drive itself however when I loading a TDK CD it loaded with no problems Is is possible for certain brands of CD to have compatibility problems with certain laptops Strangely the same Packard Bell CD s used to run a lot quieter on my old PC than the TDK ones For the record the laptop is an Acer Aspire running Vista I believe the CD DVD drive is LG Any advice would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-cd-causes-crash.795753/
Relevancy 70.09%

Along these same lines...I too have tried to flash from 1.03 to 2.0 because the motherboard does not recognize CPU upgrade from Cyrix MII 300 to K6-III by Powerleap. After the flash the computer will not boot at all...black screen. This has an Award 4.51PG bios in place but I'm not sure why PB has their own bios loaded in with it.

THE QUESTION: Can I just get a new Award Bios chip and forget about loading in the FR500 Packard Hell Bios with it???

This is on a Packard Bell PB850 Motherboard

thanks

Relevancy 70.09%

hi i have got a packard bell web cam and i have pluged the usb cable into the pc and installed pc rom,
no problem,

but everytime i restart the pc the camera isnt detected?

so i have to uninstall the camera from add remove programes, and then totally reinstall from begining, and then all is ok angain untill i restart.
please help,
i have got windows xp pro

A:packard bell web cam not working?

If it was installed properly, it should just work. In some cases w/ old usb devices you won't have to reinstall the program, but each time you startup you'll have to unplug it and then plug it back in. XP should make a noise when you put it in (and sometimes when pullin it out). That usually refreshes it. If you unplug it and plug it back in and it does a major hardware found thing, than it was installed bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-web-cam-not-working.320506/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

I was wandering if anybody had a link to download the Packard Bell CO-3UP driver for Windows XP. All the places I have been to you have to pay for it! I cannot find it on Packard Bell's site and I can't register it there as I no longer have the serial number for it!

Thanks
Keir

A:Packard Bell CO-3UP Driver

Sorry I just realised that there is a Driver area! Can a Mod/Admin please move this!

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/packard-bell-co-3up-driver-544200.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Help you are my last hope is there anyone out there that knows anything about tattoo's or how to retattoo my packard bell hard drive this is driving me crazy

Relevancy 70.09%

Hey My laptop Packard Bell MIT-DRAG-D has not been taking any power from the AC adaptor and therefore will not turn on It has a smell of electrical burning when the AC adapter is connected I sent it to a repair shop who told me they have resoldered the DC jack but this has not fixed the problem They reckon that the problem is a fault in a power Bell Packard MIT-DRAG-D connector card that connects from Packard Bell MIT-DRAG-D the DC jack presumably to the mainboard via a cable My question is does anyone have any information about these connector components The repair technician says he can t find a replacement component and has recommended buying a second hand laptop of the same model to take the component from sounds too expensive for me He also mentioned that the card is around inches square and had USB sockets on it Any information on this component or where I can find a replacement would be much appreciated Regards nbsp

A:Packard Bell MIT-DRAG-D

this sounds like something that cant be fixed without a new motherboard. you can do two things.
1 buy a second hand laptop of the same model to take the motherboard from that
2 buy a working second hand laptop to use

here is something for you ACER TRAVELMATE 250 P4 2.4GHz $209.99

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-mit-drag-d.143218/
Relevancy 70.09%

does anybody know how to get packard bell support back on my pc.need to get to smart restore,had the pc cleaned in december is it possible the repair shop wiped it off.is there anyway i can get it back on.thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/packard-bell-support.801219/
Relevancy 70.09%

Modems they drive me wild. I have an old Packard Bell 200mz ,Win95, four ISA and two PCI slots. The sound card and modem and separate cards in this unit the original modem was ISA.
The PB unit meets all requirements of the modems specifications. The modem was installed and drivers installed including PCI. The modem ran diagnostics successfully. When Hyperterminal
is used the modem make the connection noises for a few moments and the unit locks up. When I try to use AOL the unit locks up when AOL checks out the modem .I uninstalled AOL^ and reinstalled AOL7 same results. BIOS shows all IRQs being ISA except for 5 which is ISA/PCI.
Is it possible that PB will not work with PCI modems?

Relevancy 70.09%

Hi, it's me again I have a question for all of you computer gurus. My friend says that Packard Bell and HP computers are the same machine when packard bell died hp went in and replaced them using the same type of parts inside their computers as packard bell. Is this true?

Relevancy 70.09%

PackardBell Crash Bell Packard Ipower X Dual Packard Bell Crash Intel Core Quad Q Dual Nvidia GeForce GS Asus MotherBoard Dual Gb Hard-drive Hello all I bought a Packard Bell Ipower X about a year and a half ago and its been problematic from the day I set it up Packard Bell Crash At first it was just problems with start up which I could live with as you just had to restart but it started developing problems with gaming which Packard Bell Crash I cannot live with as I play a lot of games The problem started slow and has developed into a full blown malfunction It started when I was playing Pro Evolution Soccer the whole screen would go black and it would say No Signal but the looped noise in the background the crowd music etc would continue but sounds such as commentators and the players would stop I have no idea at all what is causing this and it has started to migrate to other games such as Call Of Duty Modern Warfare and FarCry It only happens when playing certain aspects though for instance it has never happened in the Multiplayer game nor in the campaign of the Single Player however it does it in the Special Operations missions which is a shame as I enjoy these missions At first I thought it might just be my PC and as it was having start up problems I assumed it was something to do with this but I have replaced the faulty motherboard and the start up issues have disappeared but the game crash issues have not What makes me believe it is an issue with Packard Bell is my dad recently bought one and I have installed Call Of Duty on his PC so I can play when I am visiting my parents and it happens on his PC also I have a friend who I play Special Operations online with and he said his PC did it also packard bell but he fixed it by re-installing DirectX manually from the Modern Warfare folder in the Steam folder however this did not work for me I am not a computer whizz and have no idea what is causing these problems I have manually updated drivers etc beyond this I don't know what to do Short of walking into Packard Bell offices with a pistol and threatening the staff I am out of options Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks PS DONT EVER EVER EVER BUY A PACKARD BELL THEY SUCK

A:Packard Bell Crash

What Operating system? . . What Service Pack? What video Card? How much memory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/packard-bell-crash-475017.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi: I have a brand new Notebook Packard Bell easyNote v8.3.4 running Win 7 starter but i did not register the product and since 2 days ago only appears the screen of the Recovery Management, I try both options for the restaure of the Operating System but always back to the same screen.

I will appreciate any help, thanks

PD I have not any boot disc.

ric13

A:My Packard Bell does'n start

Did the notebook come with Windows 7, or did you upgrade? Why didn't register it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-packard-bell-doesn-start-696655.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi there

I have a Packard Bell ixtreme x2711 PC and have wanted to upgrade the PSU from the PB standard (which I understand is never standard) so I asked this guy at my local electronic store "can i not just buy a standard ATX case, swap my mobo, HD, CD drive into this new case and use the standard PSU that came with it?" he said yes, so this is what I did. The case came with a 400w PSU, I transferred everything, but upon powering it up, nothing happened. Not even the PSU fan started. At first I thought I blew up my PC, so I revertted to my old PB PSU, and it started normally.

Could the new PSU that came with the case be a dud? Or do I have no choice but to buy a special PSU that works with PB set-ups?

Relevancy 70.09%

hi everyone
i have a problem with my packard bell laptop. ervry time i turn it on it sasy that the windows boot configuration data file is missing required information. please can anyone help.

A:packard bell lj65

Hi and welcome to TSF this should be of help http://computerhelpandsupport.wordpr...missing-error/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/packard-bell-lj65-438430.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi

I am trying to install a new HDD in a Packard Bell Legend 2036. It is a 486dx...I think. Anyway, I tried to install a 4gb Western Digital HD in it. I have been trying to install it using Western digitals data lifeguard ez-install program. I have set the Hd to the specs that Western digital has said would work. So far it hasn't. What I am wondering is if there is a better way to do this. Upon boot up it states that there is no western digital drive attached to the computer...Any idea's would be helpful....I am at my wits end.
Thanks!

Relevancy 70.09%

I have the gross misfortune of trying to sort a Packard Bell PC. Before I tackle their woeful support would anyone be able to confirm the following....

I need to replace the hard drive as it's goosed. As the drive would have been partitioned, with the recovery files on one partition, will I be able to get any old hard drive and then get recovery cd's from PB?

Thanks