Windows Support Forum

Linksys router lost connection repaired

Q: Linksys router lost connection repaired

Last year my Linksys WRT 600 routerkept rebooting itself every 15 minutes or so without any help.
I searched online for replacement router.
Then I found aftermarket non linksys software and loaded it first onto my computer, thn with a direct connection, onto my router.
Here it is a year later and the WRT-600 is still running unhindered.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Linksys router lost connection repaired

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Linksys router lost connection repaired

kdmedic1745 said:

Last year my Linksys WRT 600 routerkept rebooting itself every 15 minutes or so without any help.
I searched online for replacement router.
Then I found aftermarket non linksys software and loaded it first onto my computer, thn with a direct connection, onto my router.
Here it is a year later and the WRT-600 is still running unhindered.Click to expand...

Yess, there are two know firmware replacements - - which one did you chose?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-lost-connection-repaired.175762/
Relevancy 89.01%

Last night i was changing some settings of my router(linksys WRT54G) trying to assign a gaming console a static ip. I thought i had succeeded and everything was working fine. 12 hours later, it appears everything can no longer connect. all the regular lights of the router are on, but my desktop pc and my wireless laptop seem unable to connect, though both connect if i remove the router, and just connect to the modem via ethernet. Anyone have any advice on where i should start? thank you in Advance.

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi there,

I lost my Linksys router's user id.

I changed the default id of admin to something else but I have forgotten it.

Is there any other way to access the Router's configuration page?

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

A:Lost My LinkSys Router's User id

Reset the router to factory default settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-linksys-routers-user-id.870822/
Relevancy 69.66%

I installed a Linksys Router WRT54G and found that my Shared folder was replaced by a "Documents" folder, which was "inaccessible". I run WinXP Pro. Dell advised to uninstall Windows XP SP2, since I could not use their CD (bought 8250 comp 2 years ago), and CD gave message: "cannot restore Windows since "version" on your computer is newer. After deinstalling SP2, and restoring WinXP Pro from the Dell Cd all hell broke lose, and finally the computer slowly frooze (slower and slower in a few seconds). Had to phone Dell to get all kinds of repais going. Anybody had the same experience? And what is it with the Linksys router anyway? It should install normally? Probably another Microsoft blackhole? How do I get my "Shared Documents Folder back? Can it happen again? Grateful beginner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/shared-docs-folder-lost-with-linksys-router-install.300824/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have Shaw as an ISP DSL with a Connection Issues Linksys Router Motorola Modem and a Linksys WRT G v router Now all computers are connected wirelessly including printers and other Linksys Router Connection Issues devices We have a standard WEP key just as a deterrent Linksys Router Connection Issues and the SSID is gray-network as to not conflict with neighbour s ssids The firmware is v which to the best of my knowledge is the latest The wireless channel is which is apparently the least used channel therefore less likely to be disturbed I have spoken to a Linksys Technician and he was unable to resolve my problem The problem is as follows All computers will sporatically get disconnected from the router for a miniscule amount of time that no one can detect other than lag But I being a bit of a poweruser listen or watch streamed media or play online games These constant irrating quot hiccups quot in the internet connection can disconnect me entirely from what I am doing Very frustrating Now after the episode has passed I will get a famous pop-up bubble in my taskbar showing my connection details as if I just connected to my network Can anyone help nbsp

A:Linksys Router Connection Issues

Better solution

Return your linksys - Buy a Belkin Pre-N wireless router - very good installation manual - no problem with SF/HW issues - the best for home / home office use...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-connection-issues.63376/
Relevancy 68.37%

So I just got a new internet company today because I moved, and I bought a router so my girlfriend can connect to the internet wirelessly on the other side of our new condo.

Well when I tried to go in and set it up;

Wire from Modem to Router into the "internet" slot on the back of the router.

Then I put cable "1" conected from the router to my computer.

Well at this point it was telling me I had connectivity but it wasn't recieving any packets band it wouldn't connect to the internet. I can't run the set up software either without the net working.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 68.37%

I am attempting to put a router between my Qwest modem Actiontech M1000. When I get the router installed and it starts searching for internet connection it tells me it can not find it.
Using Windows XP

A:Internet Connection thru Linksys Router

Your Actiontech M1000 is also a one port router, which may be causing you an issue with another router. This is one way to eliminate any conflicts.

First off, reset the Linksys router to factory defaults to make sure we start from a known configuration.

Next, we'll configure the M1000 to be compatible.

Upgrade the M1000 to the most recent firmware.
Reset M1000 to default settings.
Go to Quick Setup and click 'Advanced IP Configuration'.
Click to set PPPoA and enter 'PPP User Name' and 'PPP Password' then click apply.
Go to 'Utilities' and set time zone.
Under 'Advanced Setup' and 'DHCP Settings' change 'Ending IP Address' to match 'Beginning IP Address' (both are 192.168.0.2) and click Apply.
Under 'Advanced Setup' and 'QoS' unselect 'Enable IP QoS' to turn QoS off and click Apply.
Under 'Advanced Setup' and 'Firewall Settings' make sure 'Off' is selected and click Apply. Click apply even if 'Off' was already selected!
Under 'Advanced Setup' and 'DMZ Hosting' select 'On' and enter 192.192.0.2 ans the DMZ host, then click Apply.
Now you are done configuring the M1000. Please note the DMZ will Forward EVERYTHING to the router, so the modem with NOT be acting as a firewall when setup like this. After configuring you router to work like you want I would power down both the modem and the router. Wait like 30 seconds then power on the modem. Then after modem is up and running power on router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-thru-linksys-router.776192/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi everyone Thanks in advance for your help I need help setting up the connection from my Dell desktop to my Linksys router I m clueless with internet connection stuff I have a ThinkPad that I have a wireless connection on someone helped me set it up and now I need to set up the Dell desktop with a wired connection to the same router Both systems run up to connection Setting Linksys router XP You should know that just yesterday I had to delete a partition and reinstall XP on this Dell I also reinstalled the system software from the Dell disk Multimedia Internet software etc I ve tried to use the wizard to connect but it doesn t seem to see the router I ve unplugged the modem and router and restarted the PC but it hasn t Setting up connection to Linksys router worked The Dell has an ethernet card but I can t remember if it had a disk when it was purchased and if I need it Setting up connection to Linksys router to set this up I will check this post often so if you need more info just ask Thanks again Curt nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey guys cool to still come around here Havent checked in lately Well I recently changed a few things in my computer setup First of all I changed from cable internet to DSL Secondly I changed from a wireless network to a wired network Here is my problem When I had Cable internet and a wireless network everything worked great My laptop and desktop both could access the internet thru the router and life was great I also had my Xbox connected through the router and that with BEFSR41 Router Connection and DSL... Linksys my problem worked great as well I recently sold my laptop and just had my desktop on the cable internet I picked up a Linksys port cable dsl router from a friend and connected my Xbox and desktop to it It worked great Okay here is the problem I got DSL The router now doesnt work for the life of itself I tried to reset it times and it still does nothing I cant even access the firmware to upgrade it or change the settings in it I dont think it is fried because it worked great when I had the cable What do you guys think it is Im guessing that is something to do with the dsl connection software I have tried Winpoet the Windws XP connection software and one other piece of software I forget the name but none of these made a difference All my connections are good and the router Connection problem with my Linksys BEFSR41 Router and DSL... lights up like it should Thanks in advance for the help nbsp

A:Connection problem with my Linksys BEFSR41 Router and DSL...

I was having a very similar problem when I tried to setup my network. I figured out I just needed to place my username and password in the router setup itself. Once this was done all works like a charm.

I also had a problem resetting the router, and I finally got it to work when I held the reset button in for 3 times as long as it said to.

I hope this helps, at least a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-problem-with-my-linksys-befsr41-router-and-dsl.7950/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have a LINKSYS WRT GL v router and have been having issues for a Linksys Solved: connection router WRT54GL long time with it I m sure I changed a setting and hosed it up but I have no clue what the issue is Basically we have an HP desktop with an ethernet connection to Solved: Linksys WRT54GL router connection the router which is connected to a cable modem connected to Comcast We get internet fine for the most part but once in a while it will hang up so we used to bounce the modem I started bouncing the router a while back and that seemed just as effective Anyway we have OOMA phone voip and an HP printed connected to the router as well via ethernet Also a little weather doohicky This is already getting wordy but to cut to the chase the phone service was fine for months then went to crap and the internet is touch and go I m on now obviously but in the system try there is a red X for network internet access We have a lot of wireless devices that connect fine - laptop iphone zune and my wifes laptop for work connects using VPN over the router as well My son s DSi won t connect however and in the connection test it connects with a green wireless signal box then it goes red and the test says it failed to connect I am going to go ahead and paste the results from ipconfig all here and hopefully that will help I see a message about the media not being connected remember this is a wired connection the desktop uses windows btw Any ideas why the Ooma phone won t connect at all now Also I noticed the router is configured as a gateway and not as a router - but that is the default when I restore to factory settings what s that about Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users HP Desktop gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name HPDesktop-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd fl comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NCP Secure Client Virtual NDIS Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - B- - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d bc c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B- - - - B- - B DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd fl comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd fl comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a d Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a d Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap C A -F D- E -BDF -D C A A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users HP Desktop gt nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Linksys WRT G router and I had to reset it several times because of past issues with my Vonage device which is connected to my router and modem As a result I lost the security that was set up and can not Solved: with Connection problems Linksys router get it back I have been wireless and unsecure for Solved: Connection problems with Linksys router awhile now and was not aware I tried to reinstall or use Linksys Easy Link Advisor but it told me Solved: Connection problems with Linksys router it could not detect my Local Area Connection to complete setup I have all of the cords in place and I am currently using my Local Area Connection and not the wireless I did a quot ipcofig all quot to check to see if I had an IP address but I do not My wireless network connection says connected however it just keeps acquiring network address but can t find one to connect to Will someone please help me fix my IP Config so I can connect to the internet wirelessly nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Using a Linksys WRT G v router with pc s cabled in place with no problem until Installed an address on router IP Linksys connection get Solved: 4th can't HPCLJ network printer Now only the first two pc s get an ip address We had originally used the Linksys Netset to automatically setup and configure the router to share the DSL Solved: 4th connection can't get IP address on Linksys router connection in the Solved: 4th connection can't get IP address on Linksys router office It worked fine although set up an odd subnet mask for us We did have to manually input the DNS servers and the DSL username amp password but other than that it did it all Below is the IPCONFIG ALL of one of the connected pc s On the other pc s all is the same except for the ip address whose last octect changes Even the pc that doesn t connect to the internet - which is whichever is the last one turned on each morning - has all the same data and a unique final octet It just doesn t get online Maybe I should run NetSet again now that there are connections in use Host Name LJsEmachine Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List email Solved: 4th connection can't get IP address on Linksys router protected Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix email protected Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - - C- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Monday June PM Lease Expires Tuesday June PM nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a Linksys BEFW S router Periodically when problem... router Internet Linksys connection I try to access my wireless network on my Gateway laptop Linksys router Internet connection problem... it will not connect and gives me this message quot Wireless authentication failed because of timeout quot I recently security-enabled my network changed the SSID created a password etc so would resetting my network to an open connection solve these issues Or is there an issue with my router Details about my router Model Linksys BEFW S Version Color Blue Black Details about Network Security Connection Wireless Security WPA-Personal Encryption code TKIP Details about my computer Model Gateway laptop SA Year of Model Operating system Windows Vista -bit Things I have already tried Disconnecting modem and router cables and reconnecting them Turning off laptop wireless connection then turning it back on Restarting my computer Using Windows quot diagnose quot function to determine connection problem Entering in security key then trying to connect Updating driver firmware for router Configuring computer to check that all router devices are functioning properly I would prefer not having to power cycle my entire network every time I encounter this issue nbsp

A:Linksys router Internet connection problem...

What's the make and model of the wireless adapter ?
Have you updated the adapter driver from the Gateway site ?
I would not recommend running with an open Network.
What I might also try is set up wep as your security protocol and see if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-internet-connection-problem.1002585/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, I've got another question

I have a laptop with an Intel 3945 A/B/G wireless card.
I have a Linksys WRT54G Router.

At times in the past, I have had no problem using the internet wirelessly
However, today I went to connect, it connects and all, but I can't surf or do anything internet related.

BUT: I seem to be able to connect to the router config page just fine...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I need the web urgently.

Thanks!

Relevancy 67.94%

We have Telus DSL internet, a Linksys ADSLME1 Instant Broadband Series Modem with an EitherFast Cable/DSL Router (with 4 port switch) model BEFSR41. We have two computers (one desktop and one laptop) connected to the router.

Our internet connect gets dropped several times a day and I have to unplug and replug in the router. I've noticed that it gets dropped most often when we're trying to upload something (like a photo to Facebook). This happens from either computer. Suddenly the signal sends but won't receive.

Last year I replaced the modem because it was doing this and it seemed fine for a long time. Now we're back to this issue again. Any ideas?

Relevancy 67.51%

my linksys wireless g (3 years old or more) quit working. I can see it from the computer and I can see it from the router (though ping fail) but, nothing seems to get through. I replaced it with an "N" and all is well.

Can these "G"s be repaired? If so, is it worth it? If not, does anyone need the disc?

Relevancy 67.51%

I recently set up a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router and it's been working perfectly up until this morning when my brother accidentally opened the Linksys EasyLink Advisor from the system tray and immediately exited. After that, the WLAN light went out on the router and there's no active internet connection detected coming from the router (currently plugged straight into the modem). 192.168.1.1 (to access the router settings) no longer loads as well.

To note, I'm running Vista on the laptop that's now connected to the internet (not sure if that will make a difference in troubleshooting the problem though).

A:WLAN light and internet connection lost on Linksys WRT54GS

Turn off the modem and the router.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady data light.
Turn on the router, wait two minutes.
Reboot the connected computer.
After the computer boots, please post the following.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wlan-light-and-internet-connection-lost-on-linksys-wrt54gs.730492/
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer situation is I am using a Dell Inspiron with Windows XP Pro with SP My current internet setup is My household just recently switched our ISP to a a with and Linksys some not Some programs connection, wireless router!? receiving RoadRunner cable connection through TimeWarner Cable We have PC in the main basement area were the cable outlet is and then there's my laptop which is in my room Both computers are connected to the internet through a Linksys wireless router The PC in the basement has an ethernet connection to the router while my laptop connects throught a wireless card My problem is this I am only able to receive a connection through some of my programs There ones that I am currecntly Some programs receiving a connection, and some not with Linksys wireless router!? receiving a connection on are Firefox AIM Yahoo Messenger The ones I am not currently receiving a connection on are Internet Explorer Gmail Notifier StyleXP Now some of you may be asking quot Why on earth do you care if you can't connect with IE Firefox is the way to go quot Well I use a different form of IE called Smart Explorer whihc I much prefer using over any other browser Yes I know all the risks and dangers and I know how to keep myself protected I'm sure most of you know that Gmail Notifier simply notifies you when you have a new e-mail It's quite convenient StyleXP is a program I like to use to alter the appearance of Windows XP The bottom line is I have absolutely no idea why I'm not receiving an connection on those programs Some things I have already gone over checked are It's not the Windows firewall that is blocking those programs because I have gone and checked and made sure that it isn't I don't even have the Windows firewall turned on as my personal preference The second thing is I don't believe that my router is blocking any ports because I have no recollection of going in and making any changes myself although that could still be the source of the problem Our previous ISP was Earthlink cable and I did not have this problem so this is quite new to me Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank You Zach

A:Some programs receiving a connection, and some not with Linksys wireless router!?

Right now the Atom feed for Gmail is down so your notifier won't work even if it is connecting correctly.

The other programs might require you to enable port forwarding on the router. Did these programs work before you switched your ISP, and did you use a router then?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/some-programs-receiving-a-connection-and-some-not-with-linksys-wireless-router-59030.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have my connection going through a wrt54g linksys router.I am trying to share my connection with another computer in the other room,everything is setup but it seems the router is only allowing the connection to go to 1 computer or the other?I have tried all i could think of but with no prevail.Another note;Whenever i try to setup a network using the "network setup wizard" i get the following error."An error occurred during configuration of the network on this computer". Help would be GREATLY appreciated.

A:Problems sharing cable connection using linksys router.

Have you tried reading the Linksys manual?

It would help if you told us how exactly you set up your network. And forget about Windows wizards.

realblackstuff will kindly post his basic networking guide soon. Stay tuned

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-sharing-cable-connection-using-linksys-router.19315/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have a network with three computers XP Laptop connected via ethernet cable to the Netgear WPNT RangeMax wireless Router - it connects to the internet works fine Even when I use a Microsoft wireless card model MN- XP compaq laptop with Linksys wireless-G Notebook Adapter with RangeBooster WPC PCI card and Connection ROUTER Linksys NETGEAR problem GR - it connects Connection problem NETGEAR ROUTER and Linksys PCI card to the internet works fine the problem one XP Computer with Linksys PCI Adapter model WMP G wireless card It can see and connect to the WEP enabled network SSID available I can confirm this by seeing the connection on the quot view wireless networks quot list HOWEVER I can NOT connect to the internet with either IE or Mozilla s Firefox The connection is intermitent at best I tried the Microsoft utilities to create a broadband connection etc and it does not work What to I need to do to have this computer finally connect to the internet with its wireless adapter via the Netgear RangeMax router Many thanks for your help Please try to provide details as I am not too technical Thank you nbsp

A:Connection problem NETGEAR ROUTER and Linksys PCI card

First determine if the problem PC is really communicating with the router.

To open a Command Window: Start - Run – cmd (command in 98SE) - OK

To determine a computer's IP address and router's IP address: open a Command Window and type
ipconfig /all

The "Gateway" is the router's IP address.

Now for some troubleshooting:

1. On the PC open a Command window and type
ping IProuter (where IProuter is the IP address of the router)

Do you get Replies, or do you get packets lost?

If you got all packets lost, your PC and router are not communicating. Very likely an encryption problem. Try w/o encryption.

2. If you got replies, try
ping 216.109.112.135

3. If you got replies, you have internet access, and then try\
ping www.yahoo.com

If you get replies again, DNS is working, and you probably have a Winsock problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-problem-netgear-router-and-linksys-pci-card.475277/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey all- I have a Linksys router model BEFW S Wireless-B BroadBand Router I have a computer running Windows XP which has not had a problem with connecting to the internet When I hooked the computer up to the router following WIRED Router dropping Linksys computer on connection the instructions regarding rebooting Linksys Router dropping connection on WIRED computer the modem router etc I was able to get on the internet fine with a steady connection for a Linksys Router dropping connection on WIRED computer few days Now I seem to have a problem where the internet connection seems to be dropping If I look at the lights on the router I can see activity If I look at my ipconfig it does show that I have acquired an ip address When I try to ping anything I just get destination unreachable If I unplug the power to the router and plug it back in everything works fine again for about or minutes and then drops again If I connect the computer directly to the broadband cable modem the network connection is steady I updated the firmware on the router as well as drivers on my NIC Is there anything else that may be occurring or could it be the router is going bad Is it possible for just one port on the router to have issues I have not tried switching ports as of yet I was able to hook up wirelessly as well at first and have not tried again since these problems have started occurring Thanks for your advice nbsp

A:Linksys Router dropping connection on WIRED computer

Yes, a single port can go bad (Happen to me) Try switching ports. If you think the router is going bad, you could purchase a new one, and if thats not it, simply return it. Maybe a little time consuming but you need to start eliminating certain things to find the solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-dropping-connection-on-wired-computer.552937/
Relevancy 67.08%

the subject pretty much says it all. lately my router (Linksys WRT54G) has been causing the internet on all of my networked computers to time out.

i'm not sure exactly how to describe the problem, but i will explain the symptoms.

i can surf the internet fine but every so often my internet will freeze and the connection stops. (i use IE7)

although the IE7 connection freezes, i still stay connected through services such as AIM or MSN Messenger.

this happens with both the main desktop that the router is hooked up to and another laptop on the network.

i also have the same problem with the same router i have at my shore house.

please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-linksys-wrt54g-router-is-making-my-connection-time-out.591328/
Relevancy 67.08%

I ve got a DSL connection using a D-Link G modem which is connected into a Linksys BEFSR router This is used to network PCs Everything worked perfectly well until about weeks ago when my housemates started reporting problems I had just uplinked a hub to the router to enable a th PC and also my PS and X-Box consoles At first I thought this might have been with connection BEFSR41 Linksys Unstable internet Router causing the problem so I removed it - but the problems persisted Every now and Unstable internet connection with Linksys BEFSR41 Router then the internet connection on the entire network just seems to cut off completely and webpages fail to load When trying to download files no connection can be established or the download freezes partway through The same goes for uploading files We all Unstable internet connection with Linksys BEFSR41 Router use MSN messenger and we can never be signed in for more than a minute without being signed out The problems are the same for every computer in the house and Unstable internet connection with Linksys BEFSR41 Router also the consoles - the connection cuts out when playing online games The network itself file sharing etc works perfectly and never cuts out - its solely an internet problem I have found one way around it - the Linksys router has a feature called DMZ demilitarised zone which effectively connects one computer directly to the modem by bypassing the firewall and all router settings giving you all the advantages and risks of such exposure If i activate the DMZ for one of the PCs that PC has no problems but they persist for every other user I have read several websites about this and many of them suggested Upnp settings - whether they are enabled or disabled on the router the problems are the same None of the router or individual PC settings have been changed since before christmas when everything was working I have tried resetting the router Any advice on this will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Unstable internet connection with Linksys BEFSR41 Router

i have already got the latest firmware, i keep it up to date. i should have mentioned that in my post.
its currently 1.45.7 (released July 31st 2003) and i checked for an update the other week when the problems started as thats the first solution i thought of

i also thought of disabling the firewall for all computers - but how do i do that in the router? the DMZ allows only 1 PC at a time.

i may consider swapping my router for another, i have had it for about 18 months and it has been 100% reliable until now. it seems that linksys products are reliable up to a point, but when they go wrong it is for no apparent reason

i was wondering if the problem lay with the hub - if it was somehow interfering with the routers settings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unstable-internet-connection-with-linksys-befsr41-router.10711/
Relevancy 67.08%

As of lately, my Internet connection has been constantly timing out after a long period of inactivity and I believe the reason for it is my wireless router, which is a Linksys WRT54G. In order to connect my laptop back to the Internet, I have to unplug my router then plug it back in. This router is about 5 years old; do I need to replace my current router with a new one or is there a way I can reconfigure its settings so it doesn't keep timing out?

Relevancy 66.22%

A while back my company problem Router Linksys FVS124G WRT54G connection Netgear and purchased a new router NG FVS G as ours was getting dated old sonicwall but not relevant We received it and used all the old settings from the existing router to get it working but no luck We could not get it to connect to the internet our web server would not work and our VPN does not work either After much tinkering by my manager still nothing Finally in desparation he brought in his router from home LS WRT G so at least we could get up and running again Again he loaded the old settings and bam everything works Internet Web Server and VPN I have just recently inherited this problem in a desperate attempt to get a more secure network going So this all leads to my question how Linksys WRT54G and Netgear FVS124G Router connection problem is it possible the with the exact same settings one router works WRT G and the other FVS G does not We are using a static IP address Yes i double triple quadruple checked that it all matches All ports that are need are allowed as far as i know Any ideas nbsp

A:Linksys WRT54G and Netgear FVS124G Router connection problem

From what I am seeing,you need to set the allowed ports and protocols
in the firewall setup in order to get traffic through the WAN.
The lynksys doesn't have this extensive protection.
Pobably just has virtual server and dmz.
You may want to check the manual on setting up WAN traffic
through the firewall.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-wrt54g-and-netgear-fvs124g-router-connection-problem.790407/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hoody Hoo! Having trouble finding the connection point on my Dell desktop for the cord that runs from the router to the desktop. There doesn't seem to be an available place to connect. I am hooked up to Comcast cable through the modem. I checked the modem, but no place there, either. Looked in the Dell manual, but can't locate there, either. I looked in the forum, but each time I tried to view what might apply to me, I got an encoding error message. Thanks in advance for any info I might get from you!

A:Router Connection (Linksys E2000) to my Dell Dimension 521E Desktop

make and exact model of the DELL
make and exact model of the Modem
would help us

the ethernet lan connection looks like this
http://compeve.com/images/HP_430654-001_Compeve_.jpg
http://www.abs.com/graphics/images/back311M_closeup.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-connection-linksys-e2000-to-my-dell-dimension-521e-desktop.924680/
Relevancy 65.79%

God I loathe networking I know my way around but I m going to front I have no idea what s going on here Some specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II Dual-Core M AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - intermittent Linksys connection Win7 of used router, New loss Laptop, Previously MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer JV TR Rev LXPJD ADB Antivirus None The router is a Linksys BEFSR The only other machine we have connected to our router is an Xbox All wired connections I recently upgraded to an Acer Aspire - laptop w Windows Home from an old decrepit XP desktop which worked perfectly fine with this router and the Xbox Get the laptop brand new connect it start it up and Xbox-live loses connection Basically every time the laptop connects the Xbox disconnects So whenever the hubby is gaming I can t start my laptop as it will boot him We have er accomodated this issue but other issues have made themselves known New Win7 Laptop, Previously used Linksys router, intermittent loss of connection I experience intermittent disconnections from the network I can find no rhyme or reason to them Sometimes they won t happen for days and other times it ll happen every minute It only flickers and it will connect right back to the network usually But when it reconnects the Xbox-live disconnects and well you see my issue No one wants the butthurt rage of a Gears of War gamer just barely robbed of victory because of my stupid laptop Here s what my logs say in chronological order Code Log Name System Source BROWSER Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description The browser has forced an election on network Device NetBT Tcpip AF FF A-BC - BA - B- B DA BE because a master browser was stopped Code Log Name System Source k nd a Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-SharedAccess NAT Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description The DNS proxy agent was unable to allocate bytes of memory This may indicate that the system is low on virtual memory or that the memory manager has encountered an internal error Code Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User SYSTEM Computer Sam-PC Description The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control The reason specified was x Operating System Network Connectivity Planned Comment None Code Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state Code Log Name System Source k nd a Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Sam-PC Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Network controller configured for Mb full-duplex link We ve tried various things over the months to force harmony on this network I can t possibly list everything but I have tried updating drivers reconfiguring the router setting it to factory defaults swapping out cords etc etc Since this setup worked with both my XP and Vista systems I m left pointing a finger at well my stupid laptop Any thoughts Help and or advice is greatly appreciated Greatly Enormously nbsp

A:New Win7 Laptop, Previously used Linksys router, intermittent loss of connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-win7-laptop-previously-used-linksys-router-intermittent-loss-of-connection.950850/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey all It s been a while but I have a work. and works, router I connection, but Linksys, really Netgear looses won't D-link problem I can t seem to figure out It s driving me and my family up the wall Have a Linksys BRFSR router that has worked for years but has recently dropped a port and disconnects all the time I purchased a Netgear FVS router to replace it It seemed to be fine for a few minutes but now Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really it disconnects all the time I mean all the time every few minutes It was a referb so I figured it was just a bad unit and decoded to return it and found some good info Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really on the new D-Link Gamers Lounge routers that are suppose Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really to be gamer friendly I use it as a wired unit but got the DGL- Trying to set it up and can t get it to let me on the net The old Linksys is now the same way After I had the Netgear FVS in the system I can t get anything elss to run I keep having to put the silly Netgear back in just to look for help or anything else It s like the netgear made some settings in the system that I have no idea how to find or change in order to use a different router Please give me a hand on this It s costing us a ton of time Too many other things need attention besides messing with these routers Thank you very much GRCRY gt gt gt --- gt nbsp

A:Netgear router works, but looses connection, Linksys, and D-link won't work. I really

Bump for my father because this is effecting me horribly, too!

~Cron

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-router-works-but-looses-connection-linksys-and-d-link-wont-work-i-really.409307/
Relevancy 64.93%

I presently have a Linksys WRT54G2 V1. I've been looking at the WRT160N to purchase & use as my main router. I'd like to wirelessly bridge the WRT160N to the WRT54G2 & have that as a repeater so that my signal is boosted, and my parents laptop wireless connection doesn't go all low & dragging when they're at the other end of the house. Is it possible & if so, can someone point me in the right direction as to procedure & configuration? Thank you.

A:Solved: Linksys Router Wireless Bridge to 2nd Linksys Router

I don't believe you will be able to do this "out of the box", look at third party firmware like dd-wrt. Never used it myself but I've read it works fine.

Or

It may be easier to run a cable to the second router and set them up with the same SSID and security.

Have them on different IP addresses and channels something like:

Router 1 192.168.1.1 channel 6

Router 2 192.168.1.2 channel 11

You won't get "true" roaming but when one signal is dropped the wireless unit will pick up the other automatically.... or one could simply manually change from one to the other depending where they are in the house and which signal is stronger.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-router-wireless-bridge-to-2nd-linksys-router.924275/
Relevancy 62.78%

I have desktop PCs one to from 1 connection Lost router PC running XP Pro SP this is the primary PC used to set up both the internet connection and the router the other PC is running Windows Until recently they were successfully connected over a gigabit Ethernet and sharing a DSL internet connection via a Netgear WNR T router I Lost connection to router from 1 PC tried to install a Netgear WGXB wireless range extender Lost connection to router from 1 PC kit which uses the domestic electric circuit via plug-in devices I tried to set up the WGXB components using a Windows Mobile device connected wirelessly to the WGX I was having problems with the set up and at this time the Windows PC lost the connection to the router I have now disconnected both the XE and the WGX and reset the router to the factory default settings The XP machine continues to work fine and a mobile device can connect successfully using wireless but the Windows PC will still not connect to the router However it will connect to the internet OK without the router if I use a cross-over cable direct to the DSL service This is current state on the Windows machine - The router shows a green light on the relevant port The light flickers when resetting the router or rebooting the PC The PC does not show as an attached device in the router admin page as seen from the XP machine The PC has not received a valid IP address in the x range from the router DHCP server The actual address is ipconfig describes the address as automatically configured It makes no difference if Norton Internet Security is turned on or off either just the firewall off or everything disabled The TCP IP settings all seem OK including the DHCP options Using a cross-over cable to connect directly to the DSL service the PC gets a valid IP address in the x range from the ISP s DHCP server and internet access works OK I have tried disabling re-enabling the router s DHCP server and disabling re-enabling the DHCP options in the TCP IP settings on the PC I have tried uninstall re-install TCP IP protocol on the PC I have tried resetting factory defaults on the router With the PC running while the router reboots ipconfig shows the IP address changing from to while the router is booting and then back to Anyone got any ideas because I ve tried everything I can think of nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have three computers connected to the internet through a router. Two are Ok but the Mac just cut out. I typed in http://192.168.0.1 thinking I could get reconnected some way but message unable to connect came up. Only two lights are on showing the other two computers connections on the router.
I am unfortunately computer illiterate and am lost. Any advise in simple language please.

A:Mac lost connection to router/internet

Not much info here. What OSs are involved? Wired or wireless?
You'd probably be better off asking a mod to move this to the networking or MAC forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-lost-connection-to-router-internet.917579/
Relevancy 62.35%

my computer has lost the connection to the wireless router. and it appers for good. its been 24 hours and it still has not found the router. could be a bad network card the router could be bad but how do you check without replaceing parts. I've done everything. unplugged the router and reset it. nothing. something wrong bewteen the router and the nework card adapter. theres is a 8foot thick wall bewteen rooms but it mostly hollow and holds a closest. its been working for about 2 years I think without problems.whats causeing this. Linyksy wireless G router and network card with speed boost.please help this is the longest its been down.

Relevancy 62.35%

I have lost my connection with my belkin router, i have restarted the modem and the router and it did nothing, i also reset the router back to the factory setting and can not access the router webpage. Can anyone help me please

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all Everything reconnect cannot lost router connection and was fine until last week when I sat down with my I-phone and noticed that it could not find my netgear router Model WNR B V so I sat down at my desktop hard wired through router to cable modem and tried to connect to the internet and got nothing I followed the sequence for shutting everything down including taking out the backup battery of the modem cycling the modem computer and router and turning everything back on still nothing I then simply unplugged the ethernet cable from the router to the computer and plugged it directly into the modem and eureka it worked I was able to access the net and email I again tried cycling everything with the router connection lost and cannot reconnect cable line to modem ethernet from modem to the input on the router and ethernet from router to computer and again nothing I then repeated this one last time with just the router plugged directly into the computer and but no connection to the cable modem I then did a few of the tests outlined on netgear s site and was able to identify using the run command that the IP address was On the troubleshooting router connection lost and cannot reconnect it says if this happens quot this indicates that your computer is not able to communicate with the router You should check your network configuration and router connection lost and cannot reconnect wireless settings in case of wireless adapter If you are unable to obtain an IP despite correct network configuration try to reset the router and try again I have reset the router but still nothing I also tried their steps of using the run command to update the firmware but I have not been successful at all The computer is about yrs old running XP SP and I also use the wireless connection from the router for a Dell laptop running the same configuration Can anyone help me to start to decipher what might be going on Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Chris nbsp

A:router connection lost and cannot reconnect

Reset the router to factory default settings, usually by pressing the recessed reset button for 10 to 20 seconds, and see if it works then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-connection-lost-and-cannot-reconnect.908452/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a funny situation. My Verizon DSL connetion works perfectly with my D-Link router (DI-524) . But if I remove the router and connect the PC directly to the DSL modem I get no connection at all.
It used to work OK before I purchased the router. I just cannot remember what I did when I add the router in between.
Did the router secrectly send setup something on the modem?

A:Lost internet connection without router

If you didn't power cycle the modem when switching devices, that may be your only problem.

Check you router's WAN (Internet) settings to see if you need anything other than "dynamic" to connect to your DSL ISP (PPPoE?, static IP?, login/password?, etc.). If not "dynamic," obviously you need to configure your PC to connect directly. If it is "dynamic," make sure you are not using a static IP to connect to your router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-without-router.495819/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi My Media Centre PC has stopped connecting but connection can Lost access internet router to the internet It connects wirelessly through the router but I cant download any content view webpages Router is a Linksys WAG GS with latest firmware The laptop Im using to right this post is connected wirelessly and has no connection issues The Media Centre Lost internet connection but can access router PC wireless link is supplied by an Edimax EW- Ug USB pen I have used the latest drivers from the website but this has changed nothing IP config settings are below Local area connection adapter is not in service and isn t meant to be This connection is generate by my pinnacle TV card which is not currently being used so you can ignore it Please advise Alex Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Edimax Pen Connection-specific DNS Suffix WAG GS IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Media Centre gt nbsp

A:Lost internet connection but can access router

Are other machines able to connect to the internet via the router? If not, have you tried connecting the laptop directly to the modem, thereby bypassing the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-internet-connection-but-can-access-router.114118/
Relevancy 61.06%

so my friend brought his comp over and i was trying to make the files sharable so i could transfer stuff to his comp and didnt really know what i was doing and managed to disable the internet connection on one computer. My computer still has an connection to the internet and we are using the same router.

It stopped working after i tryed to setup a home or small office network thinking then we'd be able to share files. It still says its connected but has limited or no connectivity. I tryed using the repair feature but it can't renew the IP. Then i tryed a system restore but that did not work :(

is there anything else I could do to try and fix the connection ?

A:comp connected to router lost internet connection

Is the computer without internet connected through a wire or through wireless?

If wired, try unplugging the ethernet cable from the back of the computer, shut down the computer, and plug the ethernet cable back in while the computer is still turned off. Then, turn back on the computer, see if that works.

If not, try restarting the router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/comp-connected-to-router-lost-internet-connection-257442.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have tried everything. I recently moved out of the parents house and into my new house and upgraded to an N-Router from a G-Router. Now before my PC even starts up it crashes with the blue screen of death. I've isolated the problem to have something to do with the compatibility between my Linksys WRT160N Wireless-N router and my Linksys WMP54G Wireless-G PCI adapter. When I take the computer back to my parents house it works and connects fine to the old network. If I unplug the antenna from the PCI adapter the PC works (no internet.) If I disconnect the power supply from N-Router the PC works fine (no internet.) But if I put the antenna back in or plug the N-router back in it immediately goes from being fine to the blue screen of death. Can anyone help?

A:Linksys N-Router/Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter incompatibility?

I should mention that I can use the internet fine with my laptop and iPod touch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-n-router-linksys-wireless-g-pci-adapter-incompatibility.908355/
Relevancy 60.2%

I need some serious help. I have computer A hard wired to LInksys WRT54G router and computer B hard wired to Linksys WAP54G access point. Computer B uses Win 7 as its operating system. I cannot figure out for the life of me how to get the access point to find the network. Can anyone please advise? Thanks.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone,

Right now I have 2 routers, wireless (192.168.1.1) one that is connected to internet and a normal wired (192.168.3.1) one connected to local network.

When I have the wirless connected with the wired one unplugged, I can gain access to the internet.

The minute I plug in the wired one to access the local network, the wireless one still shows connected but the internet connection is lost ONLY on my PC. Other people connected to the wireless can still connect to the internet no problem.

I am running on Windows Vista Business 32bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Wireless internet connection is lost when I connect to a wired router

Any ideas? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-is-lost-when-i-connect-to-a-wired-router.670867/
Relevancy 59.34%

What I did wrong I couldn t get the Word to install a clean normal dot so after trying to trick it into making a new clean template I used the repair option on the menu inside Word It went through its thing asked for the original disk to find a file and said it was complete Only weird thing was I asked for all defaults not to save customization but it did anyway Now my normal 2003--I email lost in Help! Word repaired just Outlook dot is fine It also completely wiped out my email--all records plane Help! lost email in Outlook 2003--I just repaired Word and motel reservations doctor communications calendar contacts--the works WHY Since when did Word control Outlook I haven t exported for many months so I have no recent backup but I know somewhere on the hard drive the files must exist Help! lost email in Outlook 2003--I just repaired Word At least I hope they do I used to teach Outlook--but is a puzzle to me How do I get all my data back I am using HTTP email--MSN DSL and mail is taken off the web when it is delivered to me so no backups there Help Libby nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I have a dell xps420/vista. I took my old computer a dell/windows 98 down to my basement to use in my workshop. I wld like to hook it up wireless. I bought a Linksys RangePlus Wireless Router which I successful connected. (with help fm Linksys-they had me type in 192.168.1.1)

I also bought the Linksys Range Plus Network usb Adapter. I ran the cd on my new computer and got lost when it stated to input my ssid and webkey. I now stopped and have no clue.

Can anyone help?
Also-this may be a stupid question...but does that little brown usb thing go to my old computer? I also don't want to hook it all up unsecure. I am getting confused. I'm no computer wizard. Just an old broad still thinkin' she can do pull through this nonense.

shorelady

Relevancy 58.91%

Earlier today I attempted to change the setting on my Westell modem such that it would simply bridge the connection to my Linksys WRT GS router basically involving setting the router to bridge only and turning DHCP modem internet router setting Lost Solved: when bridge connection to to simply off Now I no longer get an internet connection through my router when previously the connection had worked perfectly fine before I following the steps of cloning the MAC address to the router and have done the proper resetting steps computer them router then modem but I simply can t get an internet connection through my router The process to set up simple bridging from the modem what supposed to end up with the internet light no longer turning on but the light turned back on following one of the Solved: Lost internet connection when setting modem to simply bridge to router resets Currently I can connect to the internet through the modem just fine but I get nothing when I Solved: Lost internet connection when setting modem to simply bridge to router include the router I m not sure if there are some other settings I m supposed to be changing as I can t seem to find anything past what I ve already done when researching online At this point I would just be happy reverting the settings I ve changed but I don t know how to access the modem now that DHCP is off Basically I d prefer to be able to get the router working with these new settings but if that proves too difficult as I ve heard it can be when trying to get Westell modems to work with Linksys routers I d like to learn how to access the modem and change the settings back to what they were preferably in as simple terms as possible as I don t particularly understand what a lot of these settings configurations do And a bit of an aside but I had attempted to do this modem bridging to quot fix quot perceived internet speed problems I ve been averaging around Kbps download rates ever since I ve had this internet connection from Verizon when the supposed download rates should be between MB and MB Doing this modem bridging had been reported to fix some modem router conflicts and improved connection speeds for some nbsp

A:Solved: Lost internet connection when setting modem to simply bridge to router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-lost-internet-connection-when-setting-modem-to-simply-bridge-to-router.1010142/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all! I have home network consisting of 4 Desktops (1 W7, 2XP, 1 Vista)and 1 Laptop (W7). All connect to WRT110. 2 via cable, two via WUSB100 and the laptop via build in WiFi device.

The actual problem: whenever the Vista computer connects via one WUSB100 (after a reboot or on initial start) everybody else gets kicked off the net until I manually reset the router. Then everything is OK until that one computer (Vista) re-starts/reboots.
It's not the WUSB itself. It works just fine on any other computer. The drivers for it are fresh from the linksys site.

I'm completely clueless. Did anyone ever experienced a similar behavior and perhaps came across a remedy?
I appreciate any and all input.
-DG

A:Odd problem with Linksys WUSB 100 in connection with linksys WRT110

Hello,

Visit Linksys site and see if there's a current firmware update for your router. Make sure to use a wired connection to manually update the firmware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/197098-odd-problem-linksys-wusb-100-connection-linksys-wrt110.html
Relevancy 57.19%

When I first turn on my computer, my internet connection is listed as connected, with strength 'excellent'. However, when I try to open a browser (I use firefox), I am told I cannot connect. When I 'repair' my internet connection, my internet works fine. It is very obnoxious to have to repair my internet connection every time I turn on my computer in order to use the internet.

I have a wireless connection, and run windows XP media center, with all service packs. The box that appears when I hover my mouse over my connection icon reads: Wireless Network Connection (WLAN), Speed: 11.0 Mbps, Signal Strength: Excellent, Status: Connected

After repairing the connection this information remains the same.

Please help me fix this problem!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/209156/cant-connect-to-the-internet-until-connection-is-repaired/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello Short story even shorter there was a semi-power outage this morning lights were very dim but power wasn Linksys - WRT54G ALL. via internet Solved: light access WLAN AT no off router router t totally off and when the power came back on my router stopped working Here s what I know -The WLAN LED is no longer lit so there s no wireless That orange CiscoSystems button is no longer glowing orange either if that means much -For some odd reason a Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL. wired connection through any of the ethernet ports on the router no longer works either though the LED s still light up when connected along with the internet LED -The modem works fine I m connected to the internet directly from the modem right now -I ve tried to reset the router but it doesn t seem to do anything -I ve tried to access the router config settings and the page doesn t load -I ve tried to look up the routers ip address through the command prompt but when I enter the command quot ipconfig quot when I m wired through the router I always get the response something along the lines of quot media disconnected quot When I try the command when connected directly to the modem the default gateway ip address comes up as This doesn t work either I ve been searching the web for solutions for hours and I can t find one This is actually the first time I ve ever had to post a thread asking for help and I ve experienced a slew of computer problems over the years lol It may very well be that the router is fried but I m just trying to exhaust my options I ll appreciate it to no end if someone can help me solve this problem in a way that doesn t require me to buy a new one lol Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Linksys WRT54G router WLAN light off - no internet access via router AT ALL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-wrt54g-router-wlan-light-off-no-internet-access-via-router-at-all.960352/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I have an 8 port "wired" router from Linksys that I have been using in conjunction to a wireless access point which had been plugged into one of the open ports on the wired router. Lately I have been having connection issues with the WAP so I decided it may be time to upgrade. Not thinking about it, I picked up a new Linksys E1000 wiress router (as opposed to a WAP) and, after a lengthy support call with Linksys, got that up and running.

So I have operability for both wired and wireless devices, however I have noticed a substantial slow down on my wired devices. I also just upped the plan with my ISP to increase my bandwidth which I see on the wired PCs but not on the wireless which seem less. Would a WAP be faster than a wireless router by nature?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

A:Slow wireless after connecting Linkys wirless router to Linksys wired router

Have you made sure you have the latest firmware for the wireless router? If you updated the firmware be sure to reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

What speeds do you get with a test such as speedtest.net with a connection to the wired router? With an ethernet connection to the wireless router? With a wireless connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wireless-after-connecting-linkys-wirless-router-to-linksys-wired-router.945424/
Relevancy 56.76%

Just switched over to AT&T DSL from Road Runner Cable Modem.

While I had the cable modem, I used a Linksys WRT54G wireless router that had my PC and laptops connected to it.

Since I switched to AT&T DSL, I have been using AT&T's all-in-one device, the Westell DSL modem/wireless router/firewall.

I've noticed that uPnP doesn't work as well on the Westell as it did on the Linksys. I also had to change some settings to get my VPN to connect to my company's network.

Which is better? Should I put the Westell in bridged mode, and reconnect my Linksys? Or keep it the way I have it running it though the all-in-one device?

Thanks in advance.

A:Westell DSL modem/router/firewall VS. Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router

I'd put the Westell in bridged mode, which will then emulate your old configuration, which apparently worked properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/westell-dsl-modem-router-firewall-vs-linksys-wrt54g-wireless-router.631815/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi al u guys

i have a simple question reguarding the range of any cheap $50 to $150 max wireless router when place outdoor... actualy i am thinking of making my own network of friends living in a single street of about 100 meters apart from my house at max... for multiplayer gaming and file sharing etc etc... as my house is in the center and its quite high amoung other houses i decided to place router outside on my roof at height... may be inline of sight of other house(provided i will take care of climate conditions) ..... and as for clients i dont want any instrument installed at client except wlans... at max i will make an extention for clients to place there antenas outdoors

now tell me wether this is practically possible or not under very limited budget.

tell me if i am unclear about some thing....

thanks in advance

A:Outdoor range of Wireless Router eg. (Linksys router wt54..) or anyother with 108

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outdoor-range-of-wireless-router-eg-linksys-router-wt54-or-anyother-with-108.698505/
Relevancy 56.76%

I don t know if this is possible but this is what I want to do Have the dsl modem router and linksys voip connected together I want the voip router to assign dhcp and the dsl modem router to be used to get internet access but not assign dhcp I think This is why I want it I have wireless linksys cam s configured through the voip router Setting the cam s to the modem router didn t work well because of AT amp T s firewall cannot be disabled only modified to open ports It s frustrating as when I opened the ports for the cam s a consistant quot setup a 2wire router advice Linksys VOIP and DSL Router Modem an unknown error has occured quot So I opted to just set up the cams on the linksys router as the cams are also linksys as well Thus 2wire DSL Modem Router and a Linksys VOIP router setup advice figuring they would communicate better anyway This is my problem When I connect the dsl modem router to the WAN port on the linksys router the dsl modem assigns it a fixed LAN ip What I want is the linksys router to pull a WAN ip so I can log into my cam s remotely from my laptop at home No matter what I do disable dhcp on linksys router set linksys router on the dsl modem router to DMZ set linksys router to bridge mode nothing seems to work All I want to do is configure the linksys router so that when I go to my internet explorer on my laptop and type in quot xxx xxx xx to connect to the cam s But when I go to linksys router config pages to see the status the internet ip is which is a LAN address assigned by the modem router By the way the linksys router IS set to and the modem router s default is Modem 2wire DSL Modem Router and a Linksys VOIP router setup advice router is set to DHCP I have 2wire DSL Modem Router and a Linksys VOIP router setup advice tried setting linksys router to bridge no DHCP setting the DNS server to the same DNS on the modem router and still cannot get linksys router to pull a WAN address Please advise nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

So I have AT&T DSL. I bought a Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Modem/WiFi Router that is compatible with my service.

Previously with this Modem/Router it would constantly drop the wireless connection for the Wii I have that was used to stream Netflix.

So recently I bought a Linksys E2500 Router so I could be able to use the Wii, along with 3 other desktops, 1 laptop, and 3 phones.

My ideal setup would be this:
Set the ADSL2+ Modem/Router to be just a modem (I know how to set the option for this)​Connect the Linksys Router to be what all the devices connect to wirelessly (this would serve as the DHCP server) ​
I have read that one of the Routers has to be set to "BRIDGED" mode, yet I don't know which device has to be Bridged

--

A:Solved: Netgear N300 ADSL2+ Router/Modem and Linksys E2500 Router Setup

Set the ADSL2+ Modem/Router to be just a modem (I know how to set the option for this)Click to expand...

this is being set into bridge mode - by changing to a modem

then connect the modem to the WAN on the router and you should be good to go

Do you have a wireless laptop that you can you can put next to the wii - would be useful to see the quality of the wireless signal and how many other wireless are there which may cause interference

put xirrus onto the laptop and put the laptop next to the wii and post a xirrus screen shot
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-n300-adsl2-router-modem-and-linksys-e2500-router-setup.1085080/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just want to know how to bridge my comtrend 5071t dsl router with my linksys wrt160n wireless router

A:Solved: How do I bridge my comtrend dsl router with my wireless linksys router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-bridge-my-comtrend-dsl-router-with-my-wireless-linksys-router.964538/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
I own a business that offers free Wi-Fi to customers. Originally I had the blue linksys wireless G router hooked up to the booster on the roof. At another location, I just got a Netgear wireless N router, and that worked way better than the linksys. So I got another Netgear router, and installed it in the first location- but I'd like to hook it up to the booster. The guy at Fry's said that the Netgear router will not hookup to the booster- I'd have to hook the Netgear to the linksys, disable something on the linksys, and then the linksys to the booster.
So, my question is, how do I do that?

Thank you very much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-hook-netgear-router-to-linksys-router-to-booster-on-the-roof.141318/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently got qwest DSL and I configured my Wireless to work and accept my wireless MAC Address, but when I plug it into the WAN slot in the Linksys router it doesn't work. I went to linksys site and did their configuration which is changing the router LAN IP to 192.168.0.1, then power cycling, but this doesn't help. I cannot access the internet still. Both the modem/router and the router are operating DHCP, but if I disable the modem/router, I cannot access the wireless function, and if I disable the DHCP on my Linksys router, I cannot obtain an IP from the modem router via the linksys router.

This is frustrating lol.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Qwest DSL (Router/Modem/Wireless) not connecting to my Linksys Router (VPN)

I just got a Zonet Broadband Switch Router (product model ZSR0104C).
I have Qwest DSL.

I followed the instructions.
I can ping the router but nothing else.
Can't access internet.
Scoured Zonet site/forums.
No driver updates.
No errata on installation or any pertinent info.

Looked up Qwest specifications for Router set up... nothing helpful there.

Irritated.

Ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/qwest-dsl-router-modem-wireless-not-connecting-to-my-linksys-router-vpn.359197/
Relevancy 55.9%

XP wired connection to a just installed Linksys Wireless WRT54GS. As witnessed by this plea, the wired connection works. Try to add a wireless device and the Linksys EasyLink Advisor (LELA) tells me I need to establish a wired connection to the router. It can't find the router. God this makes me mad. My first attempt at a wireless setup at home and here we are. Anyway, how can I make this work? Just bought a Dell laptop that has wireless capability but this dumb thing won't let me set it up. What's the solution? E-Mail and web work fine through the wired connection. Thanks.
John

Relevancy 55.9%

Evening,
My home network use to consist of 3 comps all running XP Pro and a Vonage router. With the addition of a 4th comp, I have had to use a port on the back of the RTP 300 for one comp. The four others ( 3 comps and the Vonage router )are connected to my Linksys WRT54GL. and I have no problems sharing files and printers. The one comp connected to the Vonage router will not allow file sharing or show up in Network Connections although it has no trouble accessing the net. Is there a setting in the Linksys router that I have to change to allow this one comp to share? I can't access the RTP 300 to make changes as it is locked. I have made sure all the comps are using the same work group and all file and printer settings are set the same on all comps. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 55.47%

I ve got a problem with the Wireless network on only drops Solved: by again only repaired minutes Wireless connection and reboot after 10 of my PCs The problem is that my computer drops the wireless connection after a few minutes I can t repair the connection other than performing a reboot I ve searched the Internet already but non of these resolve my problem Here s what I ve done already - Updated the drivers Solved: Wireless connection only repaired by reboot and drops after 10 minutes again and utilities - Solved: Wireless connection only repaired by reboot and drops after 10 minutes again Updated Windows XP Pro all updates until now - Disabled all security settings on the Wireless Network basically allowing every one to connect to it - Repair function hangs on disabling the NIC - Manually disabling the NIC and enabling gives me the message quot connect failed quot and the NIC stays disabled - Changed the channel - ipconfig release and renew is unsuccessfully The Wireless network card is an ASUS WL- g The computer is runnen Windows XP Pro SP Security on Wireless network is WPA-PSK Strangely enough when I lose the connection I still am able to ping the NICs IP address but I m unable to ping another workstation or the gateway for that matter From other workstations I m also unable to ping the computer This only happened when I reinstalled Windows I was able to download all Windows Updates gt MB without any problem and no these updates weren t downloaded within those minutes I can still scan and see all the available networks but I m unable to connect to any of them some are unsecured including my own network nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless connection only repaired by reboot and drops after 10 minutes again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-only-repaired-by-reboot-and-drops-after-10-minutes-again.570421/
Relevancy 54.61%

i recently received a 2wire 2701HG-B Gateway Modem/Wireless Router from a friend to replace my old AT&T modem for my DSL, but i found that the wireless connectivity and set up was a little off. (dmz not properly working, lose of signal at times) i want to use the modem portion of the 2wire for the internet but i want to use my Linksys WRT54GS v.5 Wireless Router for my wireless/LAN needs.

is this possible? if so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 54.61%

We just had DSL brought to the wireless to Linksys DSL router modem router house We have three computers to use with the internet We had satelite with the Linksys WRT G wireless router Now we have the DSL The problem I am having is getting the wireless router to work with the DSL router The DSL router is a Siemens SpeedStream Bridge Router I believe it is also the modem The phone line goes directly to the DSL modem router to Linksys wireless router router I can get intenet if I plug into one of the ports on the back there are of them One of the computers is directly hooked up to the My laptop is currently hooked up too although I would like to be able to use the wireless so I can get on the internet anywhere in the house When I hook up the Linksys to the the internet light comes on on the front of the Linksys but when I try to use the internet through the Linksys I get nothing My laptop and the another computer see the wireless and can even connect to it but there is no internet Please help Thank you nbsp

A:DSL modem router to Linksys wireless router

If the Linksys's WAN had any configuration other than "dynamic connection" to work with your previous service, you will need to change that.

If both routers are using the same LAN subnet (192.168.1.x?) you will need to

a. change one of them (e.g., to 192.168.3.x),
b. bridge the modem/router to make it work as a modem only, and then do whatever configuration is needed to connect to your DSL service, or
c. configure the Linksys as a switch and wireless access point.

While (a) is probably the quickest and easiest short term solution, either of the other two are preferable unless you have a need for cascaded routers. Solution (c) is ...

JohnWill's procedure for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-modem-router-to-linksys-wireless-router.721706/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Friends,

Below is my scenario:

1st Router: Netgear (Currently working/Internet ON)
2nd Router, 3rd Router, etc... : All Linksys Routers (Trying to set-up).

I have cable internet and currently Netgear is connected with the cable modem and is supplying internet perfectly. However, I purchased additional Linksys routers and would like to configure them to work with Netgear Router, I have a static IP from the ISP.

Netgear Login IP: 192.168.2.1
Linksys Login IP: 192.168.1.1

BTW: All Routers are wireless as well. Awaiting your reply.

-Thanks

Relevancy 54.61%

I'm looking for some opinions on Linksys Max Performance Wireless N Dual Band Router (E4200-CA) and D-Link Xtreme Wireless N Router (DIR-825).
These are the 2 I've narrowed it down to, I just don't know which one to get.

I'll be mostly using it for wireless online gaming on 3 pc/laptop simultaneously. but it will all so be use for wifi on about 3 other small devices, wired on 1 pc and 1 xbox.

any help or opinion on either one would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-buy-linksys-router-e4200-ca-or-d-link-router-dir-825.167538/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello I can t ping from the network on Cisco Router The router is connected with network to a linksys router I also can t ping from the linksys router to a IP address that is connected to the cisco router sh run output --------------------------------------------------------------------- Version StartHTML EndHTML StartFragment EndFragment DOTO-R sh run Building configuration Current configuration bytes Last configuration change at UTC Tue Feb version service timestamps debug uptime service to linksys - router cisco router Solved: timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption hostname DOTO-R enable secret pgGu NZyoHuybx Xy gxKEiS ip Solved: linksys router - to cisco router subnet-zero ip host-routing ip dhcp excluded-address ip dhcp excluded-address ip dhcp excluded-address ip dhcp excluded-address ip dhcp pool network default-router ip dhcp pool network default-router controller E interface FastEthernet ip address duplex auto speed auto interface FastEthernet description SERVERS ip address duplex auto speed auto interface Ethernet description DOTO ip address full-duplex interface Ethernet description JH KADEE ip address full-duplex interface Ethernet description WIFI ip address full-duplex interface Ethernet description full access ip address half-duplex router rip network network network network network ip classless ip route ip http server ip access-list extended WAN permit ip any permit ip any permit ip any permit ip any permit ip any permit ip any any line con line aux line vty password dodentocht login line vty password Appel Solved: linksys router - to cisco router Sap login end -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SH IP INTERF BRIEF ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version StartHTML EndHTML StartFragment EndFragment DOTO-R sh ip interf br Interface IP-Address OK Method Status Prot ocol FastEthernet YES NVRAM up up FastEthernet YES NVRAM up down Ethernet YES NVRAM up up Ethernet YES NVRAM up down Ethernet YES NVRAM up down Ethernet YES NVRAM up down ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- SH VER -------------------------- Version StartHTML EndHTML StartFragment EndFragment DOTO-R sh version Cisco Internetwork Operating SystemSoftware IOS tm C Software C -I-M Version j RELEASE SOFTWARE fc Copyright c - by ciscoSystems Inc Compiled Fri -Jun- by hqluong Image text-base x C data-base x E C ROM System Bootstrap Version r cmong r RELEASE SOFTWARE fc DOTO-R uptime is minutes System returned to ROM by reload System image file is quot flash c -i-mz - j bin quot cisco XM MPC P processor revision x with K K bytes of me mory Processor board ID JHY K SX M processor part number mask Channelized E Version Bridging software X software Version Primary Rate ISDN software Version Ethernet IEEE interface s FastEthernet IEEE interface s Channelized E PRI port s K bytes of non-volatile configurationmemory K bytes of processor board Systemflash Read Write Configuration register is x ---------------------------------------- SH IP ROUTE Version StartHTML EndHTML StartFragment EndFragment DOTO-R sh ip route Codes C - connected S - static I -IGRP R - RIP M - mobile B - BGP D - EIGRP EX - EIGRP external Solved: linksys router - to cisco router O - OSPF IA - OSPF inter area N - OSPF NSSA external type N - OSPF NSSA external type E - OSPF external type E -OSPF external type E - EGP i - IS-IS L - IS-IS level- L - IS-IS level- ia - IS-IS inter area - candidate default U -per-user static route o - ODR P - periodic downloaded staticroute Gateway of last resort is to network C is directlyconnected Ethernet C is directlyconnected FastEthernet S via I have to use a second router to set up PPoE After the linksys is the wan nbsp

A:Solved: linksys router - to cisco router

Who are you sharing RIP traffic with on .50-.54? Because you're not sharing any route information with your Linksys router?

Do you have a static route from the Linksys router pointing to the Cisco router at 192.168.1.2 to reach networks .50 to .54?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-linksys-router-to-cisco-router.979689/
Relevancy 52.89%

Has anyone suffered prolonged loss of Talk connection router, lost Talk connection using a talktalk wifi bband router ISP- aol If so what explanations were offered by aol I ve got an aol engineer visiting Thurs to examine connection loss since last Weds But I m convinced the problem is with the router But from the tone of the aol help man s questions I suspect he s already briefed his engineer to do his best to represent the problem as being either with my computer or positioning of Talk Talk router, lost connection router filters condition of wall-sockets - Talk Talk router, lost connection usual getouts The talktalk router is neww issued Feb after my original router speedtouch started suffering idle timeouts every day Can anyone advise on the most often-used excuses given my wifi engineers so I can counter them and convince the engineer to do an unbaised examination Or could I Talk Talk router, lost connection be wrong and there really is a technical problem with my line or connections Before the engr comes I want to be prepared to fend off and recognize genuine cause-suggestions Any replies appreciated but I have to use comp at local library so I shan t be able to respond promptly nbsp

A:Talk Talk router, lost connection

Without further detail, it is really impossible to give an opinion.
If you have another computer - with wireless, or by using a wireless usb try that and if that does not lose the signal, it is a fair bet it something with the setup on this computer - is it not.

Sometimes changing the wireless channel may improve the result.
If some other local equipment is using the same channel that could cause the loss of signal.

I am sure it is best to wait until the engineer has been seen as it only 2 days or so
I've got an aol engineer visiting ThursClick to expand...

and then if you still have problems, and he has checked the broadband service to your property, please post back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/talk-talk-router-lost-connection.1054044/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a new VoIP service and because of that I use a Linksys Broadband RT P router included with the service router? with Netgear a Router Using Linksys The computer which is connected to this router works perfectly fine and so does the phone Everything works fine but I now want that router Linksys to provide wireless access to a laptop The problem is that the laptop is not picking up a signal from the router and the router configuration page has no option to quot send quot a signal for wireless connection I am Using Linksys Router with a Netgear router? starting to think that the Linksys Broadband RT P router is not meant for wireless access or it would have this option and make a mention of wireless access Here s the product page for the router http www linksys com products pro rid amp scid I also have a Netgear WGR v router and wondering if there s something I should do with this router I thought of connecting the Netgear router to Linksys using an Ethernet cable Therefore the Linksys router would be the main router and I d use the Netgear router as some sort of a secondary router that would give a wireless signal to the Using Linksys Router with a Netgear router? laptop I also tried it the other way around having the Linksys router connect to the Netgear router Its a bit confusing I don t know where to go from here If I make Netgear the main router the computer will work and eventhough the laptop receives the signal it will not connect to the Internet If I use Linksys as the main router the computer will work but the laptop picks up no signal from the Netgear router Any ideas nbsp

A:Using Linksys Router with a Netgear router?

That linksys router isn't a wireless router. I've never tried hooking up two routers in serial so I can't help you there, but linksys does have a wireless router that supports VoIP that would eliminate the two router problem. The linksys model number is WRT54GP2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-linksys-router-with-a-netgear-router.18138/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am trying to network my router with the installed apartment network at my school.

I am in a 4 bedroom apartment with access to internet. The landlord has internet coming in and then connecting to a Etherfast® Cable/DSL Router BEFSR8 behind a locked box which i have admin access too. My 4 bedroom apartment has various ethernet jacks in all the rooms.In my room I have my WRT54GL router connected to a jack.

I am trying to network my WRT54GL with an xbox or another computer that is connected through one of the ethernet jacks through the BEFSR8 in my apartment

Do I need my WRT54GL in Router or Gateway operating mode?

Attached is a diagram of my network.

Relevancy 52.89%

My ISP issued me a new modem/router and the LAN side is 192.168.1.1 and the Linksys router that I need for port forwarding is also the 192.168.1.1 series. Is there a way to use the Linksys router with the modem router? The modem router is an ADSL that has the encapsulation settings and the ISP's specific settings in it. It is a lot different than any of the AT&T modems that I have used. The ISP is a small company that is protected from the AT&Ts of the country, so it's their way or no way. Any help is appreciated! Alan

A:IP segments on router and Linksys router

Basically three choices, in no particular order ...

a. "Bridge" the modem/router to make it operate as a modem only. If you have (A)DSL this will probably mean that you have to configure the WAN section of the Linksys for PPPoE and your account/password.

b. Change the IP subset for the LAN on one router (e.g., to 192.168.3.x).

c. JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ip-segments-on-router-and-linksys-router.1095870/
Relevancy 51.6%

A few years ago, I bought the WRT54GS ver.6 Wireless G router. I had it set up and working before I moved. When I moved, I moved in with someone else who had a different router. Since this happened, I erased the WEP key that was saved in my Airlink program/adapter. I also lost the CD that the router came with. Well, just recently, we wanted to see which one was faster, so we put in the Linksys. While I have a desktop computer, my roommate has a laptop, so I need the WEP key. I have searched everywhere, and someone suggested the 192.168.1.1 and the 192.168.0.1. I tried both, and the first didn't do anything at all, but the second one brought me to the DSL box page, not the LinkSys router. I am connected with a wired ethernet cable, but my roommate doesn't have another one. THanks

Relevancy 51.17%

The router is working as expected. I've been able to access the software until today. When I type the address, 192.168.1.1 the screen remains blank. I'm setting up an ad-hoc network. Having a small problem with password recognition by the iPad2. Sometimes it automatically finds and joins the network, othertimes it prompts me for a password then rejects it.

My router is old as is the software. Not sure if I need a new one. Rather not spend anymore bucks since the iPad2 keeps dragging me into the iTunes store and spends money like it's going out of style.

Burt

A:Lost access to Linksys software

You may want to try resetting the router & see if it can be accessed then. If you can, you may want to check for any firmware updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200343-lost-access-linksys-software.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a wireless network setup and I was going to use the WEP security but I can't figure out how to use it.
I set my Passphrase: to "senna" and then selected "generate" and it gave me 4 different keys. I clicked save changes.
Now I can't connect wirelessly. When I scan for an available network it sees it but it will not let me connect to it. I thought it would prompt me to enter a password or somehting but it didn't. How do I get this to work?

As usual, thanks for your help.

Senna

Relevancy 50.74%

I want to add a add lan linksys to router linksys wrt g to an existing lan One of the servers on the add linksys router to lan lan has an IP of but isn t that the default ip that the router will try to use When I plugged in the router but couldn t get to it with the browser I also add linksys router to lan saw a conflicting ip error pop up on the server a few times so I assume that was a result of plugging in the router Should I connect the router to a pc on a different network or pc where where the default ip is not in use and then change the ip of the router and plug it back to the original network Also I saw in other posts that you should disable dhcp on the router I just want to add the router so I can access the internet on a wirelss laptop My current router uses then that goes to a switch and I want to plug the nd router into the switch If I set the nd to will that isolate it from the hard wired lan and allow me internet access thanks -George nbsp

A:add linksys router to lan

Plagerizing johnwills post that is on here VERY often -

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together. (or in this case adding a router onto a lan just to add wireless access)

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address. (you do this hooking up a PC to one of the the 4 ports and accessing the web interface)

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-linksys-router-to-lan.460830/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am struggling with connecting a Linksys Wireless-G router, model WRT54GS, with an AOL high speed cable modem. I have tried using the Linksys set-up CD and the on-line instructions neither of which will allow the modem to talk to the router. I am running a windows XP system. If I try to connect to AOL I get a cannot find internet error message. The router appears to be working but it will not talk to the modem.

A:AOL and Linksys Router

Based on this article - http://www.winplanet.com/article/2331-.htm - you have two choices: get a decent ISP, or a different router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-and-linksys-router.394097/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a linksys router model # BEFW11S4V4. The problem I have is that it locks up. But here is the weird part it only locks up when I try to stream video. And not just any video only wmv and realplayer. Sometimes it doesn't lock up though and other times it locks up after the streaming is complete. This started happing when I updated my routers firmware to the latest version. I am all out of ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Help with linksys router.

I'm having the exact same problem! I too have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Ver 4. I'm running Firmware Version 1.52.02.

linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=182

I've looked on linksysinfo.org with no luck. Have you tried calling Linksys support? (800) 326-7114

There is a thread on broadbandreports.com that has a little more info:
broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,13414989

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-linksys-router.374158/
Relevancy 50.74%

I really need help on my Linksys Router BEFW11S4 (v. 1.50.14) it keep freezing up every 10-15 minutes and i have to reset it by unplug/replug the electrical power before i get back online again.

It doesn't acting this way until i had recently change my ISP from ISDN to ADSL (i'm not quite too sure on this really - because i wasn't at my place afew days when ADSL technician came to connect it for us)

Is it something wrong with the way it connect/config?
Or is it just plain hardware faulty

- Linksys Router is connect to the Modem Router
- I can access Linksys Router but not Modem Router (don't know how to access)
- I know when Linksys Router Freeze because i cannot ping it.
- Computers network seem to run normally even Router freeze it just Internet that we can't access.

Much help is needed.

A:Need help with Linksys Router

Update the firmware on the Linksys and disable all the services you don't absolutely need like packet filtering and DHCP on the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-linksys-router.24033/
Relevancy 50.74%

So to sum everything up, my Linksys router always shows its own ip address in all my programs (192.168.1.100) instead of my original ip address. An example is when I play halo, I can never seem to create a proper server that everyone can see. Anyway how can I configure my router to use my original ip address.

A:Linksys router help

from inside the LAN, you will (and can only) see the router address.

try this http://www.whatsmyip.org/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router-help.99189/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all. I am planning on purchasing a new router. However I do not know which one to get. From what i heard, people said Linksys is a good brand. So i looked the Linksys router so between N and G, which one is better? Linksys N home router, or the Linksys G broadband router? And what is the difference between a home router and a broadband router? Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

so i bought the
Linksys WRT54GS SpeedBooster Broadband Wireless RouterClick to expand...

a while back, and never really got around to setting it up.

Now that i am, ive come across a problem

I have NTL broadband internet, which of course connects to my computer via USB

During the set up process, it asks to remove this cable:

which i dont have because mine is USB

however i've tried connection an ethernet cable into that port and then into the router, but it doesn't work

So im just wondering if/how i can get around this

(ive never set up wifi before, so im sorry if this is a newbie question)
thanks guys

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a wireless router and I have hidden the SSID so no one can see it but how are other wireless computers or devices in my household supposed to find it? My sons computer doesn't find any wireless networks. My laptop found it just fine but his desktop won't find it. I know if I un-hide the SSID, his computer finds it just fine.

Relevancy 50.74%

I recently moved to a new location with a dsl modem and transferred my macbook and lynksis router E1000 v2. I would appreciate any tips regarding configuration to the new isp. Thanks.

A:Old mac and linksys router, new isp

whos the ISP
make and model of the modem - is it a router modem ?

does the modem work ok with the mac
can you post the ifconfig - so we can see its acting as a router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-mac-and-linksys-router-new-isp.1079015/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently bought a laptop and a linksys g router for a family member. I am dissappointed in the range of the router. I bought the longer antennae's for the router to possibly extend the range but cannot figure out how to remove the small antennae's that are on the router. I had a b router before and was able to just unscrew the old ones and screw the larger ones on without a problem. Any ideas are appreciated. I still have the b router with the longer antennaes. Could I just plug this in about 50 feet away from the g router and have it pick up the r router's signal so the laptop can pick up a signal farther away from the router? Just wondering.
Thanks for looking.

A:Linksys g router

Well, if the antennas are removable, they'll have a place to grip to unscrew them, it's fairly obvious. Some routers don't have removable antennas. Have you tried changing channels on the router? I doubt the 802.11b router is going to help in that scenario. Exactly how far are you trying to go, and what kind of obstructions do you have? If you're considering the second router at 50 feet, it sounds like you're going quite a distance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-g-router.669404/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a WRT54GL, it was working but automatically the orange light turned off and there is no connectivity to it. And also the power light keeps blinking, how do I fix this?

A:Linksys router help please

Leave it unplugged for a couple hours.

Try to reset it to factory default settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router-help-please.993959/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently bought a Netgear(WG111T) 108mbps wireless usb 2.0 adapter and a linksys wireless-G 54mbps broadband router(WRT54G) for my desktop computer and laptop so both can go wireless at the same time via cable modem. They both cannot connect to the internet when hooked up to the router I tryed configuring it but it still does not work. Sometimes the desktop works and the laptop does not and vice versa. They both show connected to the router but not to the internet.
Desktop Computer: Compaq Presario Windows XP Pro running SP2
Laptop: Compaq Presario V5204NR Windows Vista Ultimate
Thanks for the help

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a linksys router The model number is WRT160N. I recently got highspeed throught centrylink. I try to pull up the linksys router but it wont come up I tried 191.168.1.1 Nothing comes up. I have tried all I can think of everything linksys sites has to offer, Now I can pull up the centrylink modem. But I need to get into the linksys. My internet speeds are slow at times like on dial up. I have Win XP. Please help me!

Relevancy 50.74%

My linksys BEFSR41 4 port router has been faithfully and flawlessly distributing my DSL to the 4 computers in my house for the past 2 years. suddenly ( and after a thunderstorm) the router will not communicate on the 4th port. It will work as usual on the other 3. I tried switching the cables and computers, the problem is clearly the router. Even though there was a thunderstorm all the other computers are ok.

right now I have the uplink port pluged into my old 3com hub, so the 4 computers can stay online.

Has anyone had this problem? Have you fixed it? Or is it time to get a new router.

Thanks Steve L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-need-a-new-linksys-router.158846/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Linksys WRT120N Router that is pretty new. Recently everything has been fine except about once everyday i lose wireless connection on my laptop, Xbox 360, and iPod touch. The two computers that are connected via Ethernet do not lose internet connection however. The only way i have found to get the connection back is to unplug the router and wait a little while then plug it back in. Is there anything i can do to fix this because i am tired of unplugging my router everyday.

A:Linksys Router HELP!

Hello,

Please do not duplicate your Post, you will get assistance here in Networking Forums.

Thread Closed!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/linksys-router-help-487028.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Grinler thank you for answering my previous post about the Linksys logs I will continue reading the materials you provided on this site but little bit of extra explanation will be nice when I can Linksys router log relate to what I see I saved router log after few typical activities I can see the websites I called On the incoming side I understand toshiba but then next to Linksys router log it is tracking something or other which ad-aware and spybot normally Linksys router log detect The part I'd like to understand is how this all relates to what the firewall is doing beyond the router as well as rather confusing to me incoming side - from to i read someplace that this sort of a log can detect holes but I wouldn't know how to read this Regarding outgoing what's this passport images about I just went into MS knowledge base no msn nothing like that Tracking range online media is not something I go to neither is akamai nor webtrendslive Is Toshiba pushing this down The rest of outgoing I understand I see no way to attach files so I'm pasting text and hope this is ok I also hope this log isn't opening up any serious holes INCOMING LOGDate Time Src Src Port Dest Dest Port TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xxx xxx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx TCP from to xxx xxx xx xx OUTGOINGDate Time Src Src Port Dest Dest Port TCP from to supportcenter verizon net TCP from to www toshibapc com TCP from to supportcenter verizon net TCP from to toshibadirect com TCP from to crs akamai com TCP from to statse webtrendslive com TCP from to tracking rangeonlinemedia com TCP from to statse webtrendslive com TCP from to www bleepingcomputer com TCP from to TCP from to www bleepingcomputer com TCP from to www nytimes com TCP from to TCP from to incoming verizon net TCP from to toshibadirect com TCP from to crs akamai com TCP from to statse webtrendslive com TCP from to tracking rangeonlinemedia com TCP from to statse webtrendslive com TCP from to support microsoft com TCP from to www passportimages com TCP from to c microsoft com TCP from to support microsoft com TCP from to search microsoft com TCP from to rad microsoft com TCP from to c microsoft com TCP from to support microsoft com TCP from to c microsoft com TCP from to www google com Edited to retain privacy of user - Grinler

A:Linksys router log

I thought I add this since it looks curious. This INCOMING, while I'm minding my own business with no requests (that I know of) to the web. Is it correct to say that from the materials here or google, IP numbers such as 218... 70... 62 and other non-151 can be interpreted into specific web places?10/27/2004 22:16:46 TCP from 151.197.118.41:2103 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:16:56 TCP from 218.168.48.161:3304 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:18:00 TCP from 141.151.76.139:3621 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:18:54 TCP from 70.57.224.197:3497 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:19:14 TCP from 208.60.252.1:3299 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:19:34 TCP from 151.197.206.105:3234 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:21:37 TCP from 62.57.122.72:3314 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:21:49 TCP from 151.197.49.19:3498 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:44510/27/2004 22:22:11 TCP from 82.64.88.47:1153 to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:445151 number has to do with sending email. It's odd to see it here since outlook is closed.I just need few clues to interpreting this stuff and if anything looks fishy, what to do. I have a firewall besides the router and am not really sure what to fill where, other than few sites went into the trusted zone.Thanks in advance.Removed ip address to retain users privacy - Grinler

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4011/linksys-router-log/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have the linksys cable dsl router with 4 port switch model # BEFSR41 and i need to know how to port foward 4000.

A:linksys router

800 326-7114
24 hour, free tech support. they will walk you right through it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-router.187755/
Relevancy 50.74%

My problem is that my wireless router Linksys 2.4 ghz BEFW11S4 has stopped working. I swapped out a cable modem from Comcast, and now the router will not allow my computer online. It comes up as working in the bottom righthand corner with excellent reception, but it will not allow me on the internet.
I called Tech Support and they wanted to charge me 30 dollars to reset the router to the modem. I have tried their online help, but the internet stops working on the second step, modem to router to computer. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Thanks,
Marshall

Relevancy 50.74%

Does anyone know how to find the passkey for a linksys router model, wrt160n v3.

Relevancy 50.74%

This morning I bought a Linksys WRT54G with BoostSpeed router at a garage sale. The router came all the cables needed but no setup CD. I've been to the Linksys website and dowloaded software, but they are .bin files and I don't know how to use them. Can someone please explain how to do this or where I can find the correct software?

Thanks

A:Need help with Linksys Router

If you find the "correct software" your best bet is to take care to keep it away from your computers.

Download the User Guide from Linksys's web site, reset the router to factory default settings, and use manual configuration as needed. The .bin files are firmware for the router; after you get started it would be good to upgrade to the latest version.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-linksys-router.695899/
Relevancy 50.74%

have older router that software supports up to XP but trying to get it to work with vista.
Disk with router will not run on vista computer.
Is there any way to get this working or do I need new router?

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an old school linksys router. Works fine. So here's my new problem. I use the router in one room and I have a direct connection to a desk top from the router.

Well, I need to use another desk top in the next room. I bought a RangePlus Wireless Network USB to try to connect the desktop wirelessly. It works but I only get a 11.0 Mbps connection.

Crazy thing is that I get a faster connection on my Wii thats further away! I turn it off when I try to connect wirelessly on the desk top but to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything I can buy (besides a new desktop) to improve my connection speed?

I have a Dell Dimension 4700

A:Linksys Router

What model of Linksys router and wireless card do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/linksys-router.110682/