Windows Support Forum

Tecra R950 constantly wanting to run windows reapir

Q: Tecra R950 constantly wanting to run windows reapir

Brand New Tecra R950 with Toshiba dynadock.

Installed applications. MYOB, Office etc OK.

Windows updates. Reboot and blank screen. Power OFF / on. Need windows repair to recover. After long time, up she comes. Need to re-install everything.

Install applications, reboot, create restore point ;)

Do updates (windows in groups). Create restore point after each reboot.

Was working fine. Client used without DOCK connected. Shutdown. Connected dock and powered on next morning. OK. Machine went to sleep - could wake up. Power off /on, Windows fails to start once again, wants to do repair - after long time: failure, unknown auto failover, bad patch. Restart and it comes up???

What is happening with this machine?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Tecra R950 constantly wanting to run windows reapir

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Tecra R950 constantly wanting to run windows reapir

> What is happening with this machine?

Good question?
What do you think?
HDD issue? Microsoft Windows software problem?

Would recommend checking the Event Viewer.
This is an advanced tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer.
Usually the system problems should be mentioned too.
Relevancy 88.15%

I can not update windows:

1.Run windows update
2.Installed updates
3.I rebooted
4.In the configuration phase to 20% appeared to be the option screen to restart or reinstall
5.I restored the computer to a previous restore point

anyone have the same problem?
Maybe you have to reinstall windows?

A:Tecra R950 - Windows update does not work

>Maybe you have to reinstall windows?
From my point of view the new Recovery process and the final Windows update should work properly but I think first of all you should try some alternative workarounds.

This isn?t a notebook problem?.definitely. Its Microsoft issue and therefore I recommend you to check some fixes provided by Microsoft.

Check this Fix Microsoft Windows Update Issues doc:

In many cases it?s essential to remove some previous installed updates to be able to finish the whole update procedure.

You can also try to install the single updates one by one. This is also an possible option.
Relevancy 80.41%

I have the Tecra R950 (PT530A-00S001) and find that the fan runs at full/high speed pretty much all of the time.

I am running Windows 8.1 and running on the balanced power setting.

Is this a common issue with this model?

Can anyone give me some info or steps to go about diagnosing the issue or should I just send it to Toshiba as a warranty?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

A:Tecra R950 Fan Speed

I would not say it?s a common issue because the fan activity depends on notebook usage.
The point is that the increased CPU/GPU performance leads to higher temperature due to heat dissipation? and this leads to higher fan activity?

There are no many settings which could be changed beside the settings within the Windows ?Advanced Power Options?. There you can change the cooling method to ?battery mode? and you can also decrease the max CPU performance from 100% to an lower level? lets say 80%-90%
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Toshiba Tecra R950-104 with almost one year.
Every thing works fine except for HDD.

In this period (almost on year) i had 2 hdd failures (2 hdd had to be replaced!!!).
Fortunately issues occours inside warranty period.

Is there any issues with this machine, regarding HDD (It's a 500GB, 7200RPM Toshiba HDD).

A:Tecra R950-104 HDD failure

HDD issues do not depend on notebook but the HDD usage and notebook usage.
The HDD is an wearing part. Sooner or later every HDD would die.

Such issue can happen mostly because the HDD is affected by shocks while moving the notebook. Furthermore there are many different HDDs on the market. Some are cheaper due to low quality and some HDD are more expensive because of good quality.

So you should keep eye on the HDD quality.
But to be honest, I would never purchase an HDD for a notebook. I replaced my HDD with an SSD drive. Its much faster and more durable as an HDD
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a Tecra R950-104 and, when I remove the battery, there is a slot for 3G Sim card, just like it says in the manual.

The problem is that Windows (Win 7 64bits) doesn't recognize any 3G modem in the computer.

Thus this mean that only some models have the modem, but all have the slot for the sim card?

I already installed the driver for 3G Modem, downloaded from Toshiba site, the driver was installed without any problem, I have a Sim card that is working - tested in a 3G USB Modem - but still I cant make any connection because Windows cant even find a modem.

A:Can I use 3G Modem on my Tecra R950-104?

You are right, just some models have 3G module inside and, unfortunately your model doesnt have it.
Relevancy 80.41%

Tenho um Port?til TECRA R950-186 PT53OE, com o Sistema Operativo Windows 10. Vinha com o SO Win 7, posteriormente actualizei-o para o Win 8 e recentemente para o Win 10.
Depois de o atualizar para a vers?o 10 funcionou muito bem. Significativamente melhor do que com a vers?o 8.1.
H? poucos dias fiquei sem imagem no ecr?. Ou seja com o ecr? preto.
Quando ligo o computador ? perfeitamente vis?vel a mensagem inicial: TOSHIBA Leading Innovation >>>, mas depois do arranque fico com o ecr? preto.
Tenho trabalhado com ele ligando-lhe um monitor externo ? porta SVGA.
J? fiz a atualiza??o do controlador da placa gr?fica, mas o problema persiste.
Agrade?o que me seja apontada uma solu??o.

A:Tecra R950 - Blackscreen

Try this:
uninstall the display driver in Control Panel.
run Windows Update to install the new display driver.
Relevancy 79.55%

Having some problems with the win 8 pro dvd included with my laptop.

Bios mode is set as UEFI + Secure boot, win 8 pro dvd starts and i can start recovery, after a while it asks for disc 2 and starts recovering win 8.

After completion and reboot, it won't boot and just shows toshiba logo.

Factory hdd is replaced with SSD OCZ VERTEX 4 regonized by bios.

What could be the issue?

A:Re: Tecra R950-18F: Win 8 Pro does not boot from new SSD drive

>Factory HDD is replaced with SSD OCZ VERTEX 4 recognized by Bios.

Do you have the same problems booting the Win 8 using the original HDD equipped with Tecra R950?

From my point of view it could be possible that notebook does not boot correctly due to the new SSD drive.

I would recommend checking the previous HDD.
If notebook would boot properly, then the problem is related to the new SSD drive.

In some cases it could be possible that the SSD firmware needs to be updated.
Relevancy 79.55%

Is it possible to replace my DVD drive with a SSD disk using a HDD Caddy?

My laptop is a Toshiba Tecra R950-104.

A:Tecra R950-104 - can I replace ODD with SSD drive?

I found in internet some UltraSlim SATA HDD/SSD mounting frame which allow the usage of 2nd 2.5? HDD/SSD drive instead of ODD within the Tecra R950 notebook but to be honest I?m not 100% sure if the BIOS would recognize such additional device.

I know that different Toshiba notebooks (Portege and Tecra) series supported such upgrade in the past but such replacement was not supported by every notebook model.

It depends on the BIOS and in case the BIOS would recognize the 2nd HDD/SSD drive, the system should be able to recognize the 2nd HDD
Relevancy 79.55%

The school where i work have a TECRA R950
when i boot the latop i have a password (it's not a bios password) but i don't know him
how can i proceed to reset this password ?
thank's for the answer

A:Password on boot TECRA R950

when i boot the latop i have a password (it's not a bios password)

Why do you think that this isn’t a BIOS password.
Are you able to access the BIOS pressing F2 button?

If not, the notebook is secured by BIOS password and such unknown BIOS password can be removed only by authorized service provider…

If you don’t know the password, you will need to ask the ASP for help
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi to all.

I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade (buy and then replace) my HDD-SSD (256GB) to one of 500GB/1TB on my Tecra R950-19E.

If yes, you have online stores to suggest to buy?

Thank you.

A:Upgrade of HDD/SSD to 500GB on Tecra R950-19E

I don't see any reason why you could not do this.
Online store? I don't know where do you live but I think you should try to find some online store in your country.
Relevancy 79.55%

Can i install 16GB Ram in my Toshiba Tecra R950-104?

Currently i have 8GB and i would like to replace the existing 2x4GB with 2x8GB.

Best regards,

A:Tecra R950-104 - Memory Expansion

According notebook specification your Tecra can be upgraded up to 32GB and you can use 4 X 8GB RAM modules.
Compatible 8 GB RAM modules have part number PA5037U-1M8G.
Relevancy 79.55%

how long does it usually take to recharge the battery?

I've got a R950-10U and the NB needs 1h for every 10% charge.
This is an alsolutely unacceptable condition! This R950 is now my 3rd Tecra...
and no one had this problem before!

The system is configured in the balanced battery mode, not in the eco mode!
It it possible to setup the settings for the charching, to accelerate the charging?

A:Battery charging on Tecra R950

Usually you need some hours to charge the battery.
If the battery is new, the charging procedure would takes longer?

You should also calibrate the new battery? this mean that you should charge and discharge the battery until its fully empty and this process should be repeated several times in the row.
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi all,

I have just purchased an Tecra R950, and intermittently the LCD backlight flickers. The effect is similar to previous laptops I have had when the power lead develops a dodgy connection.

With the R950 the screen flickers with power lead connected, or not connected. It does not seem to be related to screen position.

Any ideas as to what is happening? Should I return the unit?

A:Tecra R950 - backlight flickering

Don?t waste your time thinking why this happen. If possible contact your local dealer as soon as possible, explain the situation and ask for replacement.
Relevancy 78.69%

my finger print sensor has long time worked with Windows 8.1. Since 2 weeks the sensor makes problems. It began with the fingerprint utilty - it shows the message "no sensor found". I uninstalled the driver of the sensor and the utility. After reboot, there where no unknown device in the device manager. That was strange. Re-installing the Fingerprint Utility did not work. It always comes the message "Installation failed. Error code 0x80004005" when I start the Setup.

Yesterday I made complete new installation of Windows 8.1 with all the latest drivers from Toshiba site. I still not found any Biometrie Device or any unknown device in Device Manager. When installing the fingerprint reader software there is the same error 0x80004005 ....

I know no longer here on. Has anyone an idea?
Hardware failures?
Thanks for Help!

A:Tecra R950 - Fingerprint doesn't work

>Yesterday I made complete new installation of Windows 8.1...
Have you installed clean Win8.1 version or upgraded Win8 version that you got with your Tecra notebook?
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi - off by Need deafult switched WiFi Tecra R950-15E all I am new to the forum and would like to ask a question whose answer I was unable to find both on the web and here in the forum at least with my keywords please direct me Tecra R950-15E - Need WiFi switched off by deafult if missed it For some time I own a Tecra R - E running Win Pro bit and am quite satisfied with it The only thing that bothers me a bit is the WiFi mode I know that by pressing quot FN F quot I can switch the wireless modes WiFi and G on and off It seems that by default the wireless modes are switched on after starting the system I'd like to have it all switched off by deafult mainly for saving battery and only switching it on manually when I really need it By now I have to do it the other way round by switching it off manually after Tecra R950-15E - Need WiFi switched off by deafult starting the system and I haven't found a setting to change it to my preference Does anyone have an idea to fix that Thanks tecra

A:Tecra R950-15E - Need WiFi switched off by deafult

I?m very surprised about your question here in the forum because usually the notebook/system should ?memorize? the last Wi-Fi status.
This means that the Wi-Fi should stay disabled, in case the WiFi has been disabled just before login off.

Try to reinstall the WLan driver just to check if this would solve your tiny issue.
You will need to uninstall the WLan driver before starting with a new installation.
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently bought the mentioned notebook and everything works fine.

if the dynadock is connected to any USB Port the notebook stops booting after a few seconds.
The windows flag freezes ans nothing happens.

The same problem comes up if a USB Stick is connected to any USB Port of the R950.
If the DynaDock or the USB stick is attached to a different Notebook everything works.
So it must be something with the R950.

I already checked the boot device priority and and pushed the USB device to the end of the list without any result.

I hope somebody can help me.
thx in advance!

A:Tecra R950-10V PT530E stops booting if USB port is used

Try to set the BIOS to default (F9) and check if it helps?
Additionally check if the BIOS update (if possible) would solve this?
Relevancy 77.83%

My Tecra R950-F0036 touch pad suddenly stopped working (Serial No.4D027959H bought in South Africa).

I have tried all the usual options such as updating the driver.
The driver appears to be there but FN F9 does nothing to switch the pad on.

Any ideas on how to re-activate the touch pad?

A:Tecra R950 - touchpad has suddenly stopped working

I don't know which OS do you use but check please hardware status. Check please device manager and be sure touchpad is listed there and enabled properly.
Relevancy 77.83%

follwing Problem:
Tecra R950 with Intel 520 series SSD and HDD/SSD password set = always F4 BSOD after wakeup from sleep.
OK with no password set.
OK with hibernate.
Same problem with iastor and msahci driver.

Any ideas? Think that it is a problem with the bios. It drops the ssd when wakeup, even can not write a memory dump (error 0xc0000010), cold boot required.

A:Tecra R950 with Intel SSD 520 and SSD Password set = F4 BSOD after wakeup

Did you replace the SSD drive?
As far as I know many of the Tecra R950 was equipped with an 500GB HDD.

I could be related to the SSD drive?
Relevancy 77.83%

I have an Tecra R950-16L for about 3 months now everything works fine. Now since a few days I have the problem, that sometimes, especially after I transported the notebook before, the internal display stays black after I power on the notebook.

I can blindly type my password and see from the disc activity that windows is starting probably, but no display is shown.

After I move the notebook around and shake it a bit it sometimes works again and the it stays working until I move the notebook again somewhere else (at least this is what seems to make the effect occur).

Seems to me like a loose connector to the display or something like that?

Is there any chance to repair this on my own?
I do need my notebook all the time and do not want to send it for repair if not 100% neccessary.

What do you suggest?

Michael Czierwitzki

A:Tecra R950-16L - Display stays dark on power up sometimes

>Seems to me like a loose connector to the display or something like that?

Yes, it looks like there is a loose connection or maybe something wrong with the lid sensor.

>Is there any chance to repair this on my own?
I don?t think so.
You would need to check what?s wrong exactly. After this has been checked, you would need to disassemble the notebook and this is not easy. Last but not least you would need the compatible parts to replace the affected hardware? I don?t think you can do that?

>I do need my notebook all the time and do not want to send it for repair if not 100% necessary.
Well, you could ask the Toshiba authorized service provider for details and how long such repair would take.

Here you can find all ASPs worldwide:
Relevancy 76.97%

I've got several Notebooks Tecra R850 and Tecra R950. Many users are complaining that they have Problems with UMTS and Toshiba Wireless Manager. Much time the Driver is hanging up and is only working right after a reboot.
I tested a external UMTS USB-Card, it worked without any Problems.
So it's very strange, that there are so much Notebook affected with this Problem. Is there any bug or Problem know?
How can I save the Problem? It's not comfortable!
Thank you and
best regards
Isabel Metz
Relevancy 76.97%

I'am stuck with installing the WLAN Driver for the above mentioned Notebook on our preconfigured Windows bit image It seems to be a combined WLAN and Bluetooth Card Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Unfortunately the problem is complicated by the fact that the Modell is NOT in the Support database of Toshiba maybe because it was custom tailored for our organization So neither not working WLAN PT534E-00E00CGR) Driver (Tecra-R950-116 quot autodetect my Model quot or entering Serial number on Toshiba Support works just yields quot Model not recognized quot Not very professional After putting the Image on the Notebook there are unrecognized devices in device Manager One is labeled Network Controller more are unknown I downloaded the official Driver for Atheros from Toshiba homepage It installs without error message but device is still shown as non-functional in device Manager In Toshiba Support Forums I picked up the tip to install BT Filter Driver package first but didn't help I WLAN Driver not working (Tecra-R950-116 PT534E-00E00CGR) tried rd Party Drivers There was an constant error of either quot Access Violation quot or quot file not found quot I didn't save the Image the Notebook was shipped with Ordering recovery media would lead to big administrative Overhead WLAN Driver not working (Tecra-R950-116 PT534E-00E00CGR) because it requires credit Card or payment in advance Anything more I can do Here is the Output of Toshiba PC Diagnostic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Date PC Information Model Name TECRA R Part Number PT E- E CGR Serial Number XC H OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack BIOS Version Version CPU Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Physical Memory MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity Byte GB Video Intel R HD Graphics version Screen Resolution x Pixels Network Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection version MAC Address E E B B A Modem None IDE Device Hitachi HTS A A FW version ES O IDE Device MAT A DVD-RAM UJ B Internet Explorer PS-MICOM Version quot quot QFE Information CPU TEST DONE PASS NETWORK TEST DONE PASS Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection Host Controller - E D USB TEST DONE PASS Intel R Series C Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - E USB TEST DONE PASS USB-Root-Hub USB TEST DONE PASS Generic USB Hub CD DVD DRIVE TEST F SKIP -

A:WLAN Driver not working (Tecra-R950-116 PT534E-00E00CGR)

To be more specific: in device Manager the message for the WLAN device is: No device Driver installed (code 28).

This is an "approximate" Translation of the german error message, wording maybe different in english language Version of Windows 7.
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi all,

we need a drivers package for SCCM, we have different models and series, for example:
TECRA R850-151, TECRA R850-1J5, TECRA R950-11H, etc.

Where do we downloads this package from?

A:SCCM driver packages needed for Tecra R850 / R950 series

For own European notebook series, Toshiba provides the drivers for download on their Toshiba EU driver page:

If you need an SCCM driver packge, I would recommend you to check this Toshiba page:

This package provides the device drivers and tools for your Toshiba business notebook, in order to allow you to deploy Windows images with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) by importing this package.

To obtain service, please contact *[email protected]*
Relevancy 59.77%

My new Toshiba Tecra Z50-A-17t constantly hangs on shutdown.

At first I thought it might connect to the Cisco any lie, since this appeared in the Event Viewer several times.
After I deleted it went well for a short time, but now the problem occurred again, only this time there is nothing to see in the event viewer.

Can someone help me what's wrong and how I can fix the problem myself?

Friendly greeting smirou

A:Tecra Z50-A-17t constantly freezes on shutdown

The notebook was preinstalled with Win 7 64bit system.
I assume you are still using this system, I would recommend you to repair the system using the windows own automatic repair function.

Boot the notebook and press F8.
Now you should be able to access the Advanced menu.
Here you can choose between different options.

You can choose the ?Last known good configuration? option.
You can also choose the first option ?Repair your computer? which will open the next window where you could access to the Startup Repair feature.
There you could choose option ?Startup Repair?

Otherwise it would be advisable to recover the notebook back to factory settings just to check if its an simple system problem or maybe hardware related issue
Relevancy 59.77%

I am on a HP Pavilion p7-1517c Running Windows 8.1 - I am looking at this computer for a friend... and while I am pretty good this one got me stuck for 10 hours. I give hopefully one of you guys can help me. When Windows boots up it keeps going to the automatic repair... then diagnose then to blue screen... I have tried a lot of different things and I am still STUCK! ugghhh I have a windows 8.1 disk also. Also I have another computer that sees the hard drive of the infected/ messed up windows 8.1 Any ideas anyone? I believe the virus is Trojan.Dealply

A:Windows 8.1 Reapir Boot Loop (stuck)

Depends on what you're able to do.
First thing would be to attempt a System Restore or a Refresh from the Automatic Repair options (if accessible)
If infected, you'll either have to get into Windows to run tools, or you'll have to boot to repair tools offered by the different AV manufacturer's in order to remove enough to get into Windows (I have an older list here:
You can also post over in the Am I Infected forum to see if they can provide more expert help in removing the malware.
Good luck!
Relevancy 59.34%

I had a problem with IE it would not connect giving me can t connect to the Internet Also denied Access Reapir/lost help Windows XP data/sp2 Windows automatic update is not working However I manually downloaded windows updates and WMP Yesterday I decide to use Windows Windows XP Reapir/lost data/sp2 Access denied help Repair with my Windows xp cd During repair there was error messages Com amp setup Error Sub-component Com raised an exception while processing the OC complete installation setup message D int com x src complussetup comsetup setuptil cpp line Error code x f The specified Procedure could not be found Failed to load library C windows system catsrv dll Windows Update An error occur loading quot C windows system inetcomm dll quot The file may not have been installed or it has been corrupted quot C programfiles outlook express msoe dll quot quot c programfiles commonfiles system wab dll quot Pctel hsp modem v configuration IOCTRL failed pv tray will be closed After repair process was over somehow it managed to delete all the past windows update and installed wmp and sp was deleted IE still not working giving me an error message saying quot Iexpore exe-entry point not found The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI dll quot Since Sp is delete most of windows application is not working Office failed to launch saying there was problem an intalizaling I downloaded Sp and tried to installed it but during the halfway installation I received an error message saying quot Access is denied quot I followed the MS advice to resolving a problem but I am comfortable messing with registry I was able to follow step verifying there is a failure to update registry However in step I am not sure whether I enabled verbose logging http support microsoft com kb I was able to follows step - but I don t know about step - Registry List Default-Reg sz cmlib-Reg Dword cmLock- quot IEngine quot MasterInstaller- quot Register dll-Dword Registration- quot setupEngine- quot SetupError SetupMSI- quot OOOOFFFF I ran sp again with same error I tried to located the specific registry key Step http support microsoft com kb I don t understand the result and don t know what to do - Deleting registry key HKCR vnd ms radio E Error Access is denied E Parsing DelReg section Product Del Reg in quot c fe ca a f ad i update update inf quot failed Error Access is denied - Command line processed C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall spuninst spuninst exe -u -z E An unsigned or incorrectly signed file quot c windows ntservicepackuninstall spuninst spuninst inf quot will be installed Policy Ignore Error Element not found E Writing quot C WINDOWS inf accessor inf quot to quot C WINDOWS INF quot is not an approved method of installing INF files Use a CopyINF entry instead E Writing quot C WINDOWS inf acpi inf quot to quot C WINDOWS INF quot is not an approved method of installing INF files Use a CopyINF entry instead E Writing quot C WINDOWS inf atiradn inf quot to quot C WINDOWS INF quot is not an approved method of installing INF files Use a CopyINF entry instead I can t follow last step and have no idea where is the quot c fe ca a f ad i update update inf quot is located I had no idea running repair can cause so much pain Hope to hear from you soon Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 59.34%

I have done this in the past but I'm having trouble as it stops at "if installed USB device......" I have not got one installed but despite restarting again, I get the same message.
Please can sanyone help me?
Thank you
Relevancy 58.48%

We are having a problem with the battery on one of our laptops. When left for an hour or so the laptop shuts down as the battery runs out of power. We have fitted a new battery but still only get about 1.5 hours.
In addition the fan is running constantly. I have looked at the PC Healthcheck software which shows as follows:
*Electric Power*
Remaining charge 14%
System power consumption 40%
Battery Health good
*Temperature and Fan*
CPU temperature 67%
Internal system temperature 56%
Fan speed 88%

I would appreciate any suggestions.

A:Tecra M11-130 battery not holding power and fan running constantly

Do you have any apps or services hogging the CPU?

Maybe there is something in Task Manager using 90%+ CPU. If not, maybe there is dust buildup in the heatsink or some other cooling problem.

If you turn on eco mode, does that extend the battery to 2+ hours?
Relevancy 58.48%

Dear all I have Tecra A constantly After - CPU A9 runs upgrade on power Tecra full fan Notebooks that came with a T Core Tecra A9 - After CPU upgrade fan runs constantly on full power Duo CPU running at Ghz with MB Cache Upgraded all to Tecra A9 - After CPU upgrade fan runs constantly on full power a T running at Ghz having MB Cache According To Intel the TDP of both CPUs is at W Notebooks don t get hot not even warm actually The CPU FAN switches itself to full power right after displaying the BIOS screen with the Toshiba Logo Running Bios Version on all systems having same behavior on all systems CPU properly recognized under WinXP Win and Win Is there Tecra A9 - After CPU upgrade fan runs constantly on full power any way to get the CPU fan adjusted back to normal The system isn t any hotter than before the CPU Upgrade just for some reason the BIOS now decided the fan has to run with full power I even exchanged one of the CPU Fans with the one from a Tecra A Notebook but had the same effect than with the original fan Having no Idea what I could do Hope for your help Best regards Bornchiller

A:Tecra A9 - After CPU upgrade fan runs constantly on full power

I believe calibration needs to be performed to set up the fan speed table.
A Toshiba Service Center can do this.
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello guys, recently I have been having some trouble with my computer on startup. Last night I finally updated my windows 7 (apparently a bad choice) and now when I start it up I get something that says "Loading Windows Files..." Then, "Startup Repair is checking your system for problems" this goes on for about 5-10 minutes then the system restarts and continues. It's a constant loop.

Yes, I went ahead and tried to boot in safe mode by press F8 upon start but all that does is create a loud beeping noise that does not stop until the computer is shut off. Is there any way to fix this? Most of the default options I've looked up don't work because I can't get anything to open.

Any ideas? I really need my computer tommorrow for school.

HP Pavilion dv7, 8GB RAM, 1TB Hardrive, Core i7 2.80ghz.

A:Startup reapir loop.

Try this:
Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery
Relevancy 51.17%

Not being a computer tech wiz, I was hoping for some help. I am trying to find out if there is a way to run the repair option for XP if I upgraded to XP from Me and only have that disc, not the full version.

I checked some threads in the XP forum and seen that maybe I could check my BIOS boot setting and it's set for CD-ROM to boot first, but unlike the Me discs, with the XP upgrade CD in the drive, it doesn't boot from it and prompt a repair option.

Now I could be a mile off from the direction I really want to be heading, but hope someone here could shed some light on this subject for me.

Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 that ,according to the local repair shop, had a "lock" on it and they couldn't figure out how to undo the "lock". There was no way to boot the computer, and they tried hard because there was $150 in it for them. They thought the "lock" was probably a virus.

So if I replace that hard drive with a new one, is there a likelihood I could revive that computer using the ReInstallation CD Dell provided when the machine was new?

And if you say i can do it, will it work okay to use a SATA hard drive though the one that's in there now is an ATA?

Relevancy 50.74%

I had problems with explorer.exe and I couldn't start up windows so I did a system restore and I got this bsod

A:bSod 0x000ffff system reapir

Boot into System Recovery Options and try a system restore in it?
Attachment 259279
Relevancy 46.87%

I have been wanting to try Windows 7 and I know I am a bit late but is the RTM still available from Microsoft or some 3rd party site?

I have a 32 and 64 bit key from when the beta came out, would I be able to use that on the RTM?

A:Wanting to try Windows 7

Hello Neoglyphix, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but no you cannot use a beta key on a RTM (retail) version of Windows 7.

The RTM is available at your local retail store. If you have a friend that has a copy of Windows 7, then you can use their Windows 7 installation disc to only install and not activate on your computer for a up to 120 days trial period.

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 46.44%

This issue has been going on and off for a few weeks now, but my DVD drive refuses to read any sort of disk that I put in it. I have tried brand new disks also, but the drive still refuses to read them! It also doesn't say that I have a DVD drive when I open the My Computer folder, even when I have a disk in. I am not very skilled in the art of technology...therefore, I would prefer having all instructions idiot proof'd.

A:Windows 7 not wanting to detect DVD/CD's

There is a chance that your drive is broken, I had this happen to me once but finally got Dell to replace it.
Relevancy 46.44%

will this work

install windows xp from CD
then put windows 7 CD in and repair boot or restore computer from a shadow copy?

if not can you lead me to another idea?

A:wanting to install xp after windows 7

Info on Dual Boot -->
Relevancy 46.44%

Recently I bought a laptop for my girlfriend (used) HP Pavilion:
AMD Athlon 1.6ghz 64 Bit
1gig RAM (2gig available)
nVidia Graphics Card

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64, we both loved it, ran smooth for about a day and then things went wrong. You know the normal Vista problems: shutting down unexpectedly, BSOD, bogged down. Anyways, I tested I think it was the first release MS came out with of Windows 7 and loved it but it was too buggy.

What do you guys think about me installing Windows 7 on her laptop?

A:Wanting to install Windows 7

Hey, welcome to the forums. You can have a bit of reading and see for yourself, at least you will need the extra gb of ram. cheersA PC for testing that meets these minimum system requirements (specific to Windows 7 RC and subject to change in the final version of Windows 7):1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or higher drive
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a weird problem. Everytime I load up windows 7 it wants me to install an update. It goes installs it and restarts my computer. For a couple mins it says my computer is up to date but then it all of a sudden wants me to install the exact same update again.

I must have installed it like 20 times now.

All the other updates seem to stick expect this one:

Security Update for Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (KB969856)

Download size: 235 KB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow elevation of privilege on virtual machines. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you need to restart your computer.

More information:

Help and Support:

A:Windows 7 Keep wanting me to install the same update?

you can hide the update from the updates list
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Dell Vostro PP L that I found in my company's IT closet I decided to install a fresh copy of Windows Vista Windows Laptop not wanting to open Business on it what it had on it previously and leave it in our customer service area Laptop not wanting to open Windows as a spare But after the installation is complete and it restarts it immediately blue screens for a half a second when Windows Laptop not wanting to open Windows tries to load not enough time for me to read anything at all and restarts and it comes Laptop not wanting to open Windows up with the Windows Error Recovery screen that says quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot And it says to fix the problem I need to put back in the installation disk and quot repair quot it which does nothing I have tried formatting the hard drive and installing again I have also used that Vista DVD to install Vista Business on another computer so I know there is not an error with the disk Lastly it will not even start up in safe mode Anyone have any ideas

A:Laptop not wanting to open Windows

Hi ! see if you can run Lucid Puppy Linux!!
Download latest Puppy Linux release
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there. I recently received this gift (Thinkpad T420) with Windows 7 Pro 64. Although it is okay, I am much happier with my Windows 8.1 on my other laptop (which is dying). I've gone to the support/download drivers pages and found that there are only a few drivers available for Windows 8.1 (64bit). There are no audio drivers, no chipset drivers, no bluetooth drivers, etc. Would it be a HUGE mistake to install 8.1 on this box?
Relevancy 45.58%

"Anywhere Access" and "Optimizer pro" and different files keep installing can uninstall and then a different batch insatll.
I have tried many different anti malware /virus tools but no help. cannot install "emsisoht" get not compatable error

A:windows 7 Maleware "anywhere access" keeps wanting to install

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.
Relevancy 45.58%

I have two hard drives and one is 15 gb and I have 14gb left, how would I install Ubuntu onto that drive, and then, if I install it right. How would I boot to it?

A:Wanting to dual-boot Windows XP and Ubuntu

boot from ur ubuntu cd and watch the magic.. i think it uses disk druid (maybe that was fedora) to patition the hard dive. once installed linux's GRUB becomes ur boot manager and u can make it do whatever u want
Relevancy 45.58%

my windows 7 pro system keeps telling me at shutdown that it has updates to install. on inspection, the same 2 updates, KB2882822 and KB3045999 are installing successfully to the tune of 11 times on 2882822 & 22 times 3045999!!!!! I can install these updates & check for updates and they come right back up again!

any ideas as to why this is happening?????

A:windows update keeps wanting to install the same two updates

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and postthe requested data

If thefile is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Pleasealso post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file
Relevancy 45.58%

Running Windows XP, and every time my windows starts up, it wants to automatically install Roxio. I set the service to disabled for the time being.

Is there something in the Registry I can look out for and/or change ?

Relevancy 45.58%

Guys, I have a Cisco VPN on my Windows 7 and I want to route traffic on the internal network environment (Local Network Adapter 1) through the Cisco VPN (its own interface).

Can this be accomplished through Windows 7? I really need to get this setup ASAP and I've been looking for ways to do this. I know how to do this in other OSes such as Server 2003/2008, but I can't use them for my particular situation.

Can anyone show me how this is done please or point me to any tips?

A:Does Windows 7 have NAT -- wanting to route internal traffic thru VPN

You should check with your IT support group at work.

Your IT security department probably does not want local traffic inside the VPN.
Relevancy 45.58%

My mother's computer recently recieved a virus. She first said that her computer would not connect to the internet at all, then when I got her computer I noticed (mainly because the background on her computer now said so) that she also had a virus. Because the computer was so slow and I was unable to connect to the internet I reinstalled Windows XP. During the installation where they ask if you would like for it to connect to the internet during the installation it said it was picking up any connection or internet. I did ipconfig when the installation was complete and there was no ip address or anything. I couldnt ping google either. I replaced the ethernet cable to see if that was it and the same message popped up again. Tried reinstalling it again and looked at the boot menu and the message INF File txtsetup.sif is corrupt or missing status 14. Any suggestions?

A:Windows XP not wanting to connect to internet after reinstallation

right click My Computer, and click Properties now click the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager button. Does it show any yellow question marks. Also what brand computer and model
Relevancy 45.58%

I have already installed Windows Professional with service pack so I really would like to know as regards to Windows Professional as to why it keeps on wanting to download up dates of some MB in that being a total of updates and then seemly getting stuck on the th update in it s downloading which has already gone on for hours downloading at that one point alone Seeing that something is wrong here I then close down the internet connection one also closes down the computer by clicking on the closed down icon at which point it now wants to install updates out of so one lets it run it course and hours now pass and it seem to be doing nothing and time still passing some hours and still the computer has not closed down and it seemly stuck in a loop so one forces a close a down by holding down the power button until is switch the system down and off When one re boots the system up again it still wants to install these updates so you let it do it thing and after about minutes it will come to the windows welcome screen where one has to put one password in and then it still continues to instill updates and after about minutes it finally bring the system on line All seem well for the next few days BUT here we go again in that after a few days it wants to now uninstall these up date and roll back the system Then after the system has re booted a few times all seem well once again And then a few days after that you got it now it wants to download MB of updates and it all starts all over again back into the twilight zone we go As this is about the or time just about in a row it has done this stunt so can any one shed some light on this as to why it is doing this at all as it driving me nuts and I am ready to revert back to Windows XP Professional at lest that system update are over My to updates keeps Windows 7 Professional on wanting download system is a HP Compaq b laptop bit with GB of Ram and the sects are stock standard as revised by HP Computers Windows 7 Professional keeps on wanting to download updates

A:Windows 7 Professional keeps on wanting to download updates

Even after SP1 is installed there are a minimum of 200 updates.
Unfortunately doing it at this time is unfortunate as you are also hitting all the W10 downloads.
You will just have to persivere and let it run over-night.

Relevancy 45.15%

2 years ago, I bought an Acer laptop that came with Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit. But my boyfriend at the time decided that Home Premium wasn't good enough, so he pirated a copy of Ultimate 64-bit and installed it on my laptop despite me asking him not to. He also "lost" the restore disk.

Fairly recently, the laptop failed to pass genuine advantage, and I'd like to try to go back to using the legit key that I can still read on the bottom of the laptop.

If I buy an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium, could I use the disk to install the OS on my laptop and use the product key that is printed on the bottom of the laptop? I plan on building a new desktop, and would like to use the new product key that comes with the disk for that.

A:Laptop with bootleg Windows - Wanting to restore to legit key

Hi MsFunk,

Since this site has avery strict policy in regard to software piracy, I've decided to check with one of the forum administrators first if we are allowed to help you with this.

Zero10 has agreed that we can help you, so lets get cracking:

Since many bootleg/pirated software is known to carry malware, the best course of action is to perform a clean install (with a full disk format). This guarantees that any malware that may have been present will be completed removed. So, you need to to ensure that all your data (Photo's, music etc. etc.) are backed-up to an external device.

Once you have done that, downlaod a legitimate Windows 7 Home Premium ISO from this link:

It does NOT have to be an OEM version. be sure to select the correct bit : x86 (32 bit) or x64 (64 bit).

Next download and install the Microsoft USB Installer tool from this site:

Use this installer to create a bootable USB thumb drive (must be a minimum of 4GB) using the Windows 7 ISO you downloaded:

You are going to install Windows 7 to your laptop from this USB (ensure it can boot from the USB device by checking in the BIOS), and activate it with your OEM key at the bottom of the laptop.

Post back if you need more help with this.

Relevancy 45.15%

What's the best method backup windows about win10 to test Wanting on 7. Questions out of backing up I never actual have backed up my laptop due to the fact I hardly ever mess around with it I checked the windows back up options and I am confused I have an external hard drive With around gb left Can I back it up to that Or can I create a partition of lets say around gb and back it up to that Also what is the difference between Questions about backup on windows 7. Wanting to test out win10 a normal back up and an system image back up What back up should I use Questions about backup on windows 7. Wanting to test out win10 if I do not like win and want to downgrade and go back to how my win os was left With all my personal files still in tack Which backup would I need or does it matter Hope my questions make sense TL DR Which backup should I use if I want to downgrade from win to win and have my windows os remain the same before I did the update Running windows ultimate bit on a gb hdd

A:Questions about backup on windows 7. Wanting to test out win10

Quote: Originally Posted by ringo14

1.What's the best method of backing up? I never actual have backed up my laptop due to the fact I hardly ever mess around with it. I checked the windows 7 back up options and I am confused. I have an external hard drive(With around 12 gb left). Can I back it up to that? Or can I create a partition of lets say around 60 gb and back it up to that? Also what is the difference between a normal back up and an system image back up.
2.What back up should I use if I do not like win10 and want to downgrade and go back to how my win7 os was left. With all my personal files still in tack. Which backup would I need or does it matter?
Hope my questions make sense. TL;DR: Which backup should I use if I want to downgrade from win10 to win7 and have my windows 7 os remain the same before I did the update.

Running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit on a 500 gb hdd

I rely on Windows 7's Backup and Restore, plus additional automatic backups of Pictures, Movies, Music and Documents and some other precious stuff, made to a 1 TB external USB drive by Second Copy (a backup program.)

W7's BU and Restore makes an image (a snapshot, called a System Image) of the C: drive. The idea is that if your C: drive gets heavily corrupted you load the system image on to the drive and get back to where you were when the system image was made (unless of course your C: drive is itself faulty, in which case you could install a new drive and load the system image on to it.). Because the system image is a block all-or-nothing thing rather then a set of your various files, you cannot choose to restore individual files separately. Go to Start button and type Backup. Choose Backup and Restore.

On my machine the system image is 146 GB in size, so your external HD with 12 GB left is far too small. Ext. USB drives are not expensive, even at 2 TB size.

With Windows 7's Backup and Restore you can create Restore Points now and again (Start > type system restore). These record the features of the OS at that time and allow you to return to that point later on if a fault occurs.

Moving from a Mac I was totally ignorant of the Windows world, but I bought a guide (Visual Quickstart Guide, there are others) which explained a lot. It takes time but it became clear. Incidentally, asking friends for advice was useless. All of them hadn't a clue on how Windows works and most of them knew nothing about backing up!. Microsoft's site has many excellent help files including on backups at:

I can't help on your second question, about reverting from 10 (backing up) to 7. Perhaps others could advise on whether a system image made in 10 could be used on 7 (I doubt it, because the systems must be significantly different.
Relevancy 45.15%

I have Windows XP and a Dell Dimension E521 I have been trying remove Antimale Defender from my computer. First i could not remove it with Malwarebytes because it would not let me open the program or start the computer in any three of the safe modes I have scanned with McAfee and it removed trojans virus but the Antimale Defender was still there. I was able to remove some trojans with Spybot as well. I also was able to remove some virus's with SuperAntiSpyware. The last thing i did using SuperAntiSpyware was select to restart in Safemode through the SuperAntiSpyware program. Now my computer goes to a blank screen when i restart. If try any of the safe modes it loads the drivers and stops at Windows\System32\Drivers\Mup.sys

A:Windows XP screen goes blank after wanting to start in safemode

Try Spybot Avast! and AdAware they are freeware antivirus programs
Relevancy 45.15%

I bought my laptop off some 15 year old, snot-nosed punk. He installed an in-genuine version of Windows 7. Windows Vista Home came installed on the laptop; there's a microsoft sticker on the bottom of the computer with a product key and everything. I don't want to purchase Windows 7 when I already have rights to Windows Vista. How do I uninstall Windows 7? How do I make Windows Vista my default? I already tried the thing where you go and click on the available program list in order to choose my default, but that route failed. Ugh.

Relevancy 44.72%

I possess a tecra A10 complete with Windows Vista Business installed (and backed up to an image file using Easeus Todo backup

However I also have access to a Tecra M10 which came with no operating system, although the COA sticker (product key) is likewise for a windows Vista Business.

My question is: would my Windows Vista Business back up from the A10 work on the M10 (ie would it load onto the M10 hard drive and then work properly

If anyone can advise on this matter I would be appreciative please

Best wishes

A:Can I use Tecra A10 OS disk to install OS on Tecra M10?

At first I must say that Toshiba recovery image is created for each notebook model separately and it is 100% created to work on specific model. Why?
Every notebook model has different hardware platform and all drivers, tools and utilities for certain model are part of recovery image. These recovery images are also tested.

Generally speaking if both models have identical hardware platform (hardware parts) it can be used.
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi im new to the forum and i've just encountered a problem with my Windows XP.My Windows Installer keeps poping up whenever i right-click a program and wants me to put in a disc for a Norton AntiVirus update.For some reason,i dont know if this is due to the windows installer popup,im unable to access some programs on my computer.I appreciate it if someone could help me out with this problem....

The attachment shows the popup that has been coming up for me.

A:Windows Installer Popups that keeping wanting me to install stuff!

Do you have Norton installed? If so, try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it to see if it gets rid of the problem.
Relevancy 44.29%

Well my dad wants me to fix his computer I have helped it alot just seems like he has a ton of problems and such One major issuse is these little icons on the bottom right of his screen that blink says Update Windows now and Caution Your Computer is Infected please help Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore Update Icons Programs False Random Updates / Windows Wanting --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Installed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - Removed RecordNow - - UTC - RP - Configured easy Internet sign-up-- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Owner exe -----------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exeC WINDOWS System WgaTray exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Web Technologies wcs exeC Program Files Web Technologies iebtm exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC Program Files USB Storage RW udsi exeC Program Files Web Technologies wcm exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Web Technologies iebtmm exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS System LVCOMSX EXEC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Compaq Connections Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files Hp Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeE dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Owner exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http internetsearchservice comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http internetsearchservice comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http internetsearchservice comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp def search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http internetsearchservice comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http internetsearchservice comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVers... Read more

A:False Windows Update Icons / Random Programs Wanting Updates

Hello MilesJ and welcome to BC. Let's see what we can find. Please follow the steps below in order:Before running a new scan let's clean out the temporary folders. Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).Click the Empty Selected button.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Now download OTScanIt from here or here to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).
In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.Under Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:Reg - BotCheck
File - Additional Folder Scans
Do not change any other settings.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Save the file to your desktop or other location where you can find it back.Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post (do not try to copy/paste it into the post). Cheers.OT
Relevancy 43.43%

So I was wanting to put windows XP on my machine that's running windows 7 (was running windows vista before) and when I tried reformatting to put on windows xp from windows vista for some reason it just kept re booting and re booting after I finished the system setup.

Any ideas what I messed up and what exactly do I need to do?
I've reformatted a million times and I have no idea why this time it was messed up.

Thanks in advance!

A:Hi, wanting to put windows XP on my Windows 7 machine

Part of that is a little confusing in regards to putting XP on while in Vista? while you have 7 on now. That part conflicts a bit there.

Are you splitting up the main drive on the laptop or have a second drive installed on it? If you are planning an XP/7 dual boot you may want to review the guide for this seen at Dual Boot Installation with Windows 7 and XP

Since 7 is already your main OS Method #2 is the thing you will want to look over in the guide there.
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a UEFI machine and I unable to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
I disabled Secure Boot.
Windows 7 gets to the start orb and then crashes.

I have an AMD a55/a60m motherboard

A:Wanting to dualboot windows 8 and windows 7

When dual booting with Windows 8 Preinstalled & Windows 7

Follow Step one to five in this tutorial:
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7

If you shink C: before deleting the OEM Recovery partition, the C: & the new partition may be converted to Dynamic partitions.
You DO NOT WHAT Dynamic partitions.

Take a look at this, ASUS K55

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

I recently installed WIn7 in a Dual Boot with Windows 8 on that model Asus laptop, and it required booting into UEFI BIOS via the Advanced Boot Options as Theog displayed in order to disable Secure Boot. If this will not work then I would contact Asus Support for the help necessary for entering BIOS setup.

In BIOS setup>Boot tab there will be two settings changes available for Secure Boot. I had to disable the second one before it would change the first one.

You can then either install, or test if Win7 is to your liking in a Dual Boot by shrinking C to create a Logical partition for install.

When I had done this due to other dissatisfaction with the laptop I removed the Dual Boot and returned it. If you run into Problems you can also run Asus Factory Recovery via F8 Repair console.

Than follow this tutorial: (installing in uEFI mode.)
Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista
Relevancy 43.43%

On Startup after POST I get this BSOD STOP c a Fatal System Error The verification of a knownDLL failed system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc f x bf x The system has shut down Upon Reboot I am advised to go to the startup repair I select my language but then it asks me to select an operating system and Windows is not there If I run DISKPART it does not detect my hard drives yet they show up fine in the BIOS and in the Intel RST RAID configuration screen x GB SSD RAID I also have a TB HHD that windows cant seem to detect but is showing up everywhere else The HHD's purpose was to be the back-up not Reapir Startup Startup on BSOD - working for the Raid array too bad i never actually backed anything up Boy do I regret that now BSOD on Startup - Startup Reapir not working This build has been running fine for a few months until now It was last working about a week ago and it downloaded an update for windows I posponed the restart for minutes or so to finish up a game I was playing and then shut it down for the night When I turned it on the next morning this happened I have Updated the BIOS to the most current version as well as the SSD firmware No change whatsoever I am pretty desperate here trying to avoid formatting BY ALL MEANS POSSIBLE So any advice is welcome

A:BSOD on Startup - Startup Reapir not working

Stop message 0xC000021A Descriptive text: FATAL_SYSTEM_ERROR
Usual cause: The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly.
If you are unable successfully boot into Windows because of the BSOD error, Windows has an option to reload registry information from the last successful boot. To revert to the last successful boot:
1. Reboot the computer.
2. Near the end of the BIOS messages or graphic, but well before anything appears from Windows, press the F8 key. You may only have a few seconds to get the right spot to press F8 before it attempts to go into Windows. If the BIOS complains about a pressed key or asks you to go into BIOS setup, you've pressed F8 too soon (Don't go into BIOS setup).
3. When successful, you should see a black screen with white text "Windows Advanced Options". Use the up or down arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter.

Advanced Boot Options

If you have the Windows 7 installation cd, insert that in computer and boot up with it:
1. Go into the Windows Recovery Environment by selecting the option to repair your Windows at startup.
2. After it has completed the startup repair, click link that says "View Advanced Options for system recovery and support".
3. A list of options appears. click the command prompt and then type chkdsk f//r. Let that run (it may take a while).

Also run SFC to check the integrity of all Windows 7 system files the same way:
1. Go into the Windows Recovery Environment by selecting the option to repair your Windows at startup.
2. After it has completed the startup repair, click link that says "View Advanced Options for system recovery and support".
3. A list of options appears. click the command prompt and then type SFC /scannow at the prompt.

If you do not have the Windows installation cd try booting into Safe-Mode and selecting "Safe-Mode with command prompt:

If the previous methods do not work, try a StartUp Repair:

Post back any results/observations.

Relevancy 42.57%

Dear Sir
Does Windows 8 upgrade alright eg drivers etc for this model please

A:Re: Is Tecra A10-1C5 Windows 8 compatible?

Pick up info about Win8 compatibility on
More info you can find under Toshiba Compatibility Matrix.

Check it out.
Relevancy 42.57%

I just installed a new copy of windows xp on a tecra A7. I searched the website for all the appropriate drivers but they all seem to be for Windows Vista. The only drivers I can find for windows xp are battery check, display drivers, and the fingerprint utility.

Can someone tell me where I can get the LAN, WiFi and audio drivers for Windows XP?
Or will the vista drivers work?

Thank you.

A:Windows XP Drivers for Tecra A7

I have checked Toshiba download page and in 10 seconds I found all necessary drivers. All you must do is to open
And under product type choose option archive. You will find Tecra A7 and WXP drivers there.

Can you find it?
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello All,

I am new here so please forgive if I have made a mistake. I was given a Toshiba Tecra M9 PMT90E laptop by a friend. I would like to upgrade it to Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit from Windows Vista Business 32bit.

I have downloaded the drivers for the laptop for Windows Vista and also Windows 7. I was given a copy of Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit by another friend. I am worried about doing a fresh installation instead of an upgrade incase I mess up the boot screen and the BIOS.

Should be worried upgrading from windows vista to windows 7 even though I have the toshiba product recovery disk for windows vista business 32 bit? I would prefer to do a fresh installation

I can be contacted via electronic mail. The address is [email protected]

A:Tecra M9 - Upgrade to Windows 7

If you have the Toshiba recovery disk everything is perfect and nothing can happen. :)

You can start with Windows 7 installation but as you already wrote I would prefer a clean installation because it would faster and more stable. In case it would go something wrong you can restore the original Vista with all drivers and tools every time because you have the Toshiba recovery disk :)

Windows installation doesn?t affect the boot screen (Toshiba) and BIOS. Windows has absolutely nothing to do with that.

So don?t worry about such things. Insert and boot from Windows 7 disk and follow the screen instructions. If something would go wrong use the recovery disk.
Relevancy 42.57%

is it possible to run Windows 7 on my Tecra S1 PT831E-126PQ?

I updated the BIOS to the (last?) version 2.50 (it should be suitable also for Windows 7). With this BIOS does it is fully compliant to ACPI?

Checking with Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor there shouldn't be a problem, actually.

Thanks for any help.

Kindly regards

A:Is it possible to run Windows 7 on Tecra S1 PT831E

Of course you can install the Win 7 on your oldie.
But the point is that there are no official Win 7 drivers on the Toshiba European driver page? it seems that you will need to collect the drivers at the own hand.

But generally speaking this should not be a bid problem.
Wlan, LAN drivers could be downloaded from chip manufacturer pages? touchpad driver can be used from other notebook models as well as the Toshiba tools like VAP (value added package) Flash cards or similar?
Relevancy 42.57%

I have TECRA A9 model with Windows VISTA Business and Windows XP Professional dual CD. My XP Professional CD was damaged and the serial number for the XP Professional is lost.

I want to download or load the XP Professional again.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Best Regards

A:Need Windows XP Professional CD for my Tecra A9

Unfortunately you cannot download recovery mage.
If you want to have original Toshiba WXP version you must order new WXP recovery disc.

You can do this on

Check it out.
Relevancy 42.57%

I would like to share my experiences Installing Windows on a Toshiba Tecra A European Modell The Update or Install works fine and Windows recognizes allmost all hardware except Bluetooth -- gt use latest BT-Stack from Toshiba Support Page v T x exe works HDD Crash Sensor -- 64x on A10-139 Windows Pro Tecra Toshiba 8 gt Toshiba hddprot- zip contains TC A exe work With prior Versions the Driver will be installed and work but you can't set the Protection Properties After installing those drivers all devices are functional Setup does not recognize the dual point device touchpad and accupoint from ALPS correctly and treats it like a Windows 8 Pro 64x on Toshiba Tecra A10-139 standard mouse So accu point and touchpad are both enabled and working without Problems But it is not possible to switch them off or do some advanced settings Drivers from Toshiba Windows or Windows from later Tecra modells dont work properly causing pauses in the mouse behavior Accu Point is not working at all Original Alps driver from there home page does not work Try the lenovo kto w exe UltraNav Trackpoint driver it contains the Alps driver Release Date Version x xx with Installer Version x xx with Installer for Windows It runs properly and supports the complete functionality of the hardware Sometimes there are minor problems with the display Don't try to install toshiba display drivers without creating a recovery snap shot before since it could happen that you are not able to install the original driver again All the Toshiba display drivers tried were not better than the original microsoft driver for Mobile Intel Express-Chipset Driver It seems that it is the last driver version Intel developed for this chipset It seems there is no further support of Intel Please post if someone finds a better solution for this chipset The Toshiba Utility for Function Keys does not work Since Power Management works fine in Windows i did not try to install the Toshiba Power Saver Utility Maybe it is helpful for someone Andreas

Relevancy 42.57%

On a Tecra R850, i can't use the FN key. I install all driver from toshiba and they does'nt work

A:Tecra R850 with Windows WXP - can't use the FN key

The whole thing is a bit complicated with WXP and it is important to install all stuff in right installation order. After some basic drivers like chipset, display, sound you should install common modules at first and continue with Toshiba specific tools and utilities like controls, display device, power saver and so on.

Can you use any FN key combination or none of them is working?
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

My TECRA S11-114 was shipped with a Windows 7 Pro 32bits installed. I'd like to switch to 64bits, but I'm at loss at how to do this.

Things I tried:
- restoration to factory settings: doesn't offer the choice between the two versions
- restoration from a recovery DVD I created through the Toshiba Recovery Utility: same result

Things I have:
- recovery DVD created through the Toshiba Recovery Utility
- recovery DVD for XP Pro, shipped with the computer

Any tips would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

A:TECRA S11 - Switching from Windows 7 32bits to Windows 7 64 bits: How to?

I think this notebook was preinstalled just with the Win 7 32bit OS and you get additional Win XP DVD in order to install Win XP (if required)

From my knowledge, Toshiba delivers the own notebooks with different images and some models are preinstalled with Win 7 32bit and 64bit OS and some are preinstalled only with 32bit.

Therefore I suppose you have just Win 32bit OS and you will need to purchase 64bit Win 7 if you want to use this?
Relevancy 41.71%

I have installed Windows 7 (from the hidden recovery section of the hardrive) on my new Tecra S11. I would like to know whether I can use the Windows XP
recovery media provided by Toshiba to create a dual boot Windows 7/Windows XP rather than reverting to XP?

A:Re: Tecra S11 - Dual boot Windows 7 and XP

Hi dualboot,

As far as I know it?s not possible to create a dual boot with Windows 7 and XP recovery disk from Toshiba. The problem is that the recovery disk wipes the whole HDD so there is no option to create a dual boot with an other operating system.

If you want XP too you need a normal XP installation disk from Microsoft or you use the XP virtualization mode from Windows 7 if some applications don?t run on Windows 7. ;)
Relevancy 41.71%

After upgrading my Tecra A11-182 (PTSE0E-0LP046GR) to Windows 10, I have issues with the touchpad. The cursor jumps from time to time to other places on the desktop, also in Word 2010. Is there a new driver version for this device? The Windows device manager says that the newest driver is installed. Thank you for your suggestions

A:Tecra A11 Touchpad issues under Windows 10

The cursor is jumping because your palm is making contact with the touchpad while you are typing.

The Touchpad Advanced Settings has an option called "Disable tapping" or "Disable Touchpad while typing".
If you cant find these settings you may need to update the Touchpad driver (Synaptics or Alps) that is compatible with Windows 10.
Relevancy 41.71%

? OS - Windows 7 Home Premium x86
? Original OS - XP Professional
? OS Type - Full retail version
? Age of system - Unknown
? Age of OS installation - 18 Months

? CPU - Core 2 Duo T5600
? Video Card - Intel GMA 950
? System Manufacturer - Toshiba
? Exact model number - Tecra A8

Please see the attached BSOD files.

Going to leave memtest running overnight for good measure.

A:Toshiba Tecra A8 - BSOD Windows 7 x86

Hi -

Good idea to leave memtest86+ running to test RAM.

Many of the bugchecks were 0x101 - CPU hang, so hardware failure may be the probable cause.

Regards. . .

Relevancy 41.71%

I have three USB ports, of which one is a SATA port.

The SATA port stopped working earlier, but I reinstalled it, after which it worked again.

Another one of the USB ports however stopped working earlier than that, and I am now uncertain as to whether this particular port doesn't even show in the device manager (I can see two "Generic USB Hubs" entries, two "USB Host Controllers", one "USB unit (compound)" and two "USB root hubs"), but which ones refer to regular USB ports and which ones to the SATA port?

Do any of these entries refer to the USB port that doesn't work, or doesn't that port show?

In any case, I don't manage to get one of the ports to work even after reinstalling all the USB ports.
Can someone help?

A:Tecra M11-134 - Windows 7 USB ports problems

I hope someone with the same machine will describe own experience with this but what I want to know is follow:
Have you tried to reinstall original Win7 32bit Professional and test functionality with ?factory settings??
>... even after reinstalling all the USB ports
Out of curiosity but how you have done this? Have you reinstalled chipset driver?
Relevancy 41.71%

Tried to upgrade a Tecra M11-11J to Windows 7 64-bit.
The install gets as far as the 'Loading Windows Files' screen, then goes blank and freezes, with the CPU fan maxing out but no HDD activity.

Have tried reinstalling XP (works fine), reflashing the BIOS to the latest version, re-seating the RAM, changing the HDD to 'Compatibility' mode and reinstalling Win 7 - same problem.

Have tried Win 7 32-bit - same problem.
Install from USB, instead of DVD - same problem.
Different flavours of Win 7 - same problem!

This is extremely frustrating.
I upgraded the memory to 8GB, hoping to take advantage of this with W7x64 and now I'm stuck with an XP machine and 4GB of RAM going to waste.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions.

A:Tecra M11-11J - cannot install Windows 7 64bit

and Win 7 installation does not work even using the old 4GB RAM?

Or did you try to install the Win 7 on this Tecra M11 using the new 8GB RAM?

How about the HDD? Does HDD appears on the first BIOS page?
Relevancy 41.71%

I cannot boot from CD, I have tried by booting from CD through BIOS, by pressing "C" but I had no luck.

Any ideas?

A:Tecra S5 - After replacing the HDD I can't install Windows XP

Hi buddy,

From which disk you try to boot exactly?
Have you tested different disks?

You should check the boot order in BIOS. Set the CD/DVD drive as first boot device and test it again!!!
Relevancy 41.71%

After a clean installation of windows 10 in my S11-160 laptop, the device manager doesn't recognize the HDD Protection sensor, so in the HDD Protection settings this option cannot be enabled. Is there any way to fix it, or I have to return to windows 7 and then upgrade to 10?

Another problem is that when I try to burn a dvd or cd, I receive an error: "write speed is either too fast or too slow". The drive, MAT****A DVD-RAM UJ890AS, was working perfectly on the windows 7 system.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Tecra S11-140 - HDD Protection not working with windows 10

After clear installation of Windows 10 in my TECRA S11-160 laptop, the device manager does not find HDD protection sensor, so in the settings this protection cannot be enabled. Do I have to return to windows 7 and upgrade to Win 10, or is there any other solution ?
Relevancy 41.71%

How to reinstall Windows 7 pro after a 500 GB HDD upgrade? How to access password protected data after reinstall? How can I get a Windows 7 professional install DVD?

(I do not installed new HDD yet, but I am planning)

A:Tecra S11 - How to reinstall Windows 7 after HDD upgrade?

Hi buddy,

You have created the Toshiba recover disk? Perfect!!!
After HDD exchange you need this disk you to install Windows 7. The Toshiba recovery disk contains an image of factory settings and that means you will have factory settings on the new HDD after using this disk. You have to boot from it and follow the screen instructions.

> How to access password protected data after reinstall?
It would be interesting to know which data you mean exactly.
Before you reinstall Windows you should backup all data on an external HDD for example.
Relevancy 41.71%

We have a Toshiba Tecra M11 running Windows 7 which has a problem in which it randomly crashes, forcing the user to hard reboot it. When it crashes, the fans spin up, not sure if this means anything. We've tried many things to fix it.

At first we thought it may be overheating, which would explain the fan, but the laptop got through a 24 hour stress test absolutely fine with normal temperatures. The laptop also isn't necesarrily doing anything stressful when it crashes We also tried reinstalling some of the main drivers and also intalled the newest (2.60) BIOS but still the same problem.

It crashes up to 2 times a day, but can also go some days without crashing. It's a very strange problem and we'd very much appreciate a fix for it.

A:Tecra M11 - Random Crashes with Windows 7

Maybe it?s RAM related issue? the RAM memory might be affected and would force the OS to crash?
I don?t know if this would be helpful but try to test the memory running an memtest86 utility?
But note; such checks are not always successful? this means that even the memory is faulty, the error might not be detected by such software?

Did you try to reinstall the OS?
This should be done as well.
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Toshiba Tecra A7,I switched to Win7 resently but the areal effect doesnt work!Please help me!

A:Toshiba Tecra A7 Windows 7 no Aero

I suspect you have a rather puny video card (?Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 8MB-128MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory
)to expect Aereo to work. And you need 1GB of RAM, I believe 512MB was standard on your notebook so an additional RAM chip may help. Remeber your video card is taking some of your RAM First.

You can check this web page to see what is required:
Relevancy 41.71%

Yesterday my webcam (built into the laptop) worked perfectly, today it doesn't....

Whenever I use it now, the image is very grainy, almost like a tartan pattern of criss-crossing lines, but I can still just about make out myself in the background. Movement and sound are still being recorded, just the image is strange.

Please help! Has anyone else had this happen? Is this something I can fix myself, or is it a hardware problem? I have had this laptop about 3months, from brand new, and this is the first problem I've had...

Many thanks,

A:Tecra M11-17V with Windows 7 - Web Cam image is very grainy

Usually the webcam lens is covered by a thin foil which needs to be removed for the first time. But I think you did it in the past because webcam worked properly in the past. Right?

Well, I think you could try to reinstall the webcam software.
Not sure if this helps but it worth a try? so try it.
Relevancy 41.71%

days ago I installed windows on my laptop formatting my old windows vista with a clear install and I installed the display drivers for windows from toshiba's official site It worked fine for a day and then suddenly I got a quick message saying that the graphic card driver stopped working and the computer crashed After rebooting while loading windows the screen only shows blue lines and nothing more happens it doesn't boot or anything I tried re-installing windows and installing the vista drivers this time hoping there was a problem with the booting with problem windows - Tecra S5 drivers but no luck there it crashed again as soon as i rebooted when required after the installation of the drivers Then Tecra S5 - problem with booting windows since nothing worked I used the product recovery disc for windows XP that came with the laptop but again after the first reboot windows wont load but this time it reboots itself automatically after a while Anyone got any ideas what's going on P S sorry about the big post but i'm desperate as I need my computer for work on monday

A:Tecra S5 - problem with booting windows

I?m afraid this could be an serious hardware issue.
For me it sounds like an GPU (graphic chip) problem.
This would explain the lines on the screen and the problems with system installation.

This would be the worst case. Faulty graphic chip cannot be replaced because it?s soldered mostly on the motherboard.

Well, what to say? you could get in contact with an local technician in order to check the parts but I think it?s GPU issue?

Relevancy 41.71%

I own both a Tecra S2 and a Satellite L30. Both got smashed by a virus last week that caused me to completely format both machines, and re-install XP on them.

I've had not trouble getting them back up to speed (including service pack 3), however I can't for the life of me get the sound to work on either of them??

I have downloaded and installed every driver update on the Toshiba website ( with no success. I haven't done anything with the latest BIOS update though, as I'm not overly familiar with how that works, and don't want to wreck it.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue would be great...!

A:Tecra S2 - Can't get sound to work on Windows XP

Hi buddy,

As far as I know you have to instal SP3 before you install the sound driver because it contains an important update for sound cards and their drivers.

So if you have installed sound driver before SP3, remove the driver and install it again. This should work?
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi tecra Windows XP toshiba laptop My laptop has started running VERY slow It has also started freezing and nothing resolves the issue except a hard reset I thought I might have a virus so I got help from Malware Removal All the scans came up clean with no viruses but she said that I had ALOT of programs running continuously in the background which might explain why it was running so slow She suggested me to come here and see if Windows XP toshiba tecra laptop you could help me so here I am We got an odd message the other day saying we didn t have enough memory for windows media player to play and to shut down all the other programs and nothing else was running That time was the only time we have EVER seen a message like that Windows media player isn t playing right it keeps freezing and cutting itself off The cursor has also started going biserck and floating all over the screen It has gotten to the point that it is extremely hard to move Scrolling down a internet page is a nightmare It freezes when you try to scroll up or down I am a college student and a lot of my classes are online This is my only computer and my instructors are not very understanding when it freezes and I can t complete my timed test So any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Windows XP toshiba tecra laptop

I believe that you have some type of malware on your system.

I would consider backing up any important data, and performing a reformat/re-install of Windows.
Relevancy 41.71%

My son is using a Tecra 780 DVD with windows NT loaded.
He cannot get a file transfered from his desktop to his laptop to continue his homework. He keeps getting an error message when he trys the external floppy drive. It reads: trouble accessing drive A....retry or cancel. We cant get it to work.....

SO, he decided to try his small mp3 disk player. He plugs it into the UBS port on the desktop and it becomes drive G. He copied the files onto this little thing and then plugged it into the Tecra Laptop..

Nothing happens. No drivers appear and no g drive is on the control panel.

Any suggestions?
I dont see the drive on the laptop.
I dont know if we need to load anything onto the laptop?
I dont know anything about hardware profiles on the NT platforms?

Relevancy 41.71%

I'm using Windows 8 Enterprise in a Tecra R840.
I had no problems installing it. Everything but three devices installed correctly.
I list below the ones that weren't installed:
- BT
-3G Modem
-Fingerprint Sensor

BT and Fingerprint Sensor were installed with the Windows 7 drivers and work just fine.
The 3G modem installed correctly but the connection is detected as a LAN connection not dial-up. So I can't connect and it keeps saying to plug a cable.

Is there any one that had the same problem?
Will this laptop get support for Windows 8?

Thanks in advance

A:Tecra R840-16J - Windows 8 3G Driver

I think you have to wait for Win 8 drivers.
I don?t see any other option for you yet?
Relevancy 41.71%

Toshiba Tecra A4 (PTA40E-01600VEN)

I have an old laptop, well three of the same model, they were sold and manufactured in 2005, all runining Windows XP.

They all work great, service pack three, but because i am running an old operating system, my Smartphone phone does not recognisze the laptop.

So, i have bought Windows 7.
Now before i went to work and started to format the hard drive, i went to the Driver Down load site to make sure there are drivers compatible with my make of laptop, and Windows 7. I can only find drivers up to Vista for my laptop.

Can i ask, can i not put Windows 7 on such an old laptop? Am i stuck with XP, or buy a new laptop?
Or do the drivers exist, or will XP drivers work with 7?

Thanks for any help

A:Tecra A4 (PTA40E-01600VEN) Can i use Windows 7?

>but because i am running an old operating system, my Smartphone phone does not recognisze the laptop.
Cannot believe that?

Of course Win XP is a little bit older but its should be supported as well as Vista or Win 7

>Can i ask, can i not put Windows 7 on such an old laptop?
Why not. Win 7 system requirements are not too high.

Here is what Microsoft recommends.

? 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
? 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
? 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
? DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

>Am i stuck with XP, or buy a new laptop?
Win XP is a great system. I used it for a longer time?
Now I?m using Win 7 on my Win XP system even if Toshiba did not officially release the drivers for my series.
However, most drivers are installed automatically and I had to search just for few drivers on some 3rd party pages.
Relevancy 41.71%

I just got a nice Toshiba Tecra Z40. I want to install Widows 8.1 and according to the instructions I have to boot on the DVDs that were supplied.

There is one problem. *The laptop does not have an optical drive, so I can't boot from the DVD.*

I tried to access the DVD over the network (my other windows computer has an optical drive), but there is no usable program on the DVD.

Please help

A:Tecra Z40 - 2 Windows 8.1 Pro DVDs - No DVD reader

According notebook specification your Tecra was delivered with preinstalled Win7 and additional Win8.1 recovery DVDs.
Before you do anything create recovery USB stick using preinstalled Toshiba recovery media creator.
Win8.1 you can install using bootable Win8.1 recovery discs.
What you need is external USB optical disc drive. Such USB ODD is not expensive. Buy one and you can use it for Win8.1 installation but also in many other situations.

Two years ago I bought external USB BD ODD for 45 Euros. I also borrowed it to my friend with the same situation. He got Satellite U940 without optical disc drive.
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Tecra P11 (PTSE3A-00T00K) which was loaded with Windows XP, but sold with Windows 7. I have recently reinstalled Windows 7, but cannot get WiFi to function. I had downloaded the Intel Wireless LAN Driver, but the program dosen't seem to recognise WiFi. The Bluetooth monitor and ConfigFree only located the Bluetooth function, however can't seem to find the Wireless Lan drivers. In Device Manager, the Network tab is missing and Network Controller is located in other devices but with a lock icon.

How do I get the WiFi working?

A:Tecra P11 and Windows 7 32-bit - cannot load WiFi

Exact notebook specification is not known to me but as I can see on download page there is also offered Atheros WLAN driver version (for Atheros models).

Have you tried to install this driver?
Relevancy 41.71%

Dear forum
I used Easeus todo backup to back up my OS .
Later I foolishly formatted the hard drive probably erasing important boot sector/partition that may have existed.

After this I "restored" the windows 7 image file to my laptop

Unfortunately it will not boot

When I start the laptop I get the message "insert system disk......then press any key.

Does anyone know is there anyway I can now make my windows 7 bootable again please

A:Tecra A10 wont boot windows 7

If you have deleted the boot sector then this should be helpful []
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello there,
does anyone know were I can find a driver for Toshiba F3507 Mobile Broadband device for Windows10 (64bit) and a driver for Authen Tec Inc AES1610 also for Windows 10?

A:Tecra s10-15z - Cannot find drivers for Windows 10

Which notebook model do you have exactly?
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone,

I just installed Win7 Professional on my computer and looked for drivers on the official toshiba webside.
I nearly found everything, but I still need a driver to install PCI-Kommunikationskontroller and an unknown device.

I there anybody who can help me?

A:Tecra S5 - Missing drivers after Windows 7 installation

Please, try to download and install:
Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to bay in pre-order Windows 8 upgrade for Windows 7 or XP computers and install it on my Tecra M11-13X model. I wondering if it will be working properly - of course I think mostly about drivers?

Maybe somebody have tested Windows 8 on Tecra M11 in windows participate program and can help me?

I will be very grateful for any answer!

A:Windows 8 on TECRA M11 models - review needed

I don?t see any serious reasons why Win 8 should not work on the Tecra M11

But since Win 8 is not officially on the market (need to wait few days) you will need to wait for some reviews and drivers from Toshiba
Relevancy 41.28%

I try to upgrade my Tecra S11-15G to Windows 10. But the installation tells me that the processor is not compatible with the NX feature.
After verification, normally the i7-640M processor supports NX / XD, but I can not find the "Executable Disable Bit-Capabiltity" option in BIOS (even after updating v. 3.5).

Does anyone know a solution?
Or is it that the PC is not at all compatible for the update.

Thank you
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello ,

When sending an image from the WDS to the Tecra i get an error message telling me that the wds could not connect to the tecra , because of a missing driver.

The driver we are using works fine when installing from an windows installation disk i detects the lancard and installs it.

I've downloaded a lot of drivers i can't find out which is the right one.
When connecting a different laptop from an other brand it works fine

A:Windows deployment server could not connect to Tecra S11-11f

Has your Tecra ?factory settings? or you have installed and configured OS on your own?
Relevancy 41.28%

My company has purchased Tecra R laptops and are replacing the existing HDD with Kingston SSDNow V GB SSD drives On a test unit after installing the SSD the laptop was rebuilt with our corporate image Windows x which completed successfully Post build however a number of issues are apparent Occasionally during a reboot the laptop will post and then hang at the quot starting windows quot screen before the Windows logo animation is displayed and with the hard drive light on solid After a period of time an Windows recovery is attempted and eventually an error reported Status xc e Info An unexpected I O error has occurred with boot Tecra R940 failure Windows SSD 7 This issue does not occur at every boot but once in every or The following error is logged in the Windows System log Source ATAPI Event ID Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort I have tried the following in order to resolve the issue Upgraded the R BIOS to latest available Confirmed that the BIOS SATA Controller Mode is set Tecra R940 with SSD Windows 7 boot failure to AHCI Confirmed there are no available SSD drive firmware updates Installed the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver from Toshiba Tried an alternate SSD Same errors noted so not a faulty SSD Tried the SSD in a Toshiba Portege R In this case the errors above are not apparent Reinstalled the original HDD In this case the errors above are not apparent Confirmed a nd unit with SSD installed logs the same Event ID My testing has left me at a point where I believe there is something wrong at the R end with either hardware or software that does not like SSD's Has anyone resolved a similar problem or have any thoughts on resolving this Thank you in advance

A:Tecra R940 with SSD Windows 7 boot failure

Specific corporate images installation is always full of risk and pretty often there are different problems. As far as I know in the past Toshiba has created special recovery images for certain companies who ordered specific number of notebooks for employees.

On this virtual way it is not easy to say what is wrong there but I would like to know if you have tried to install clean Win7 OS using original Microsoft disc.

I mean it must be possible to install clean Win7 on newer notebook models. I tested it on my Satellite U940 and it works well. I had just some troubles with Toshiba specific stuff (tools and utilities) but it was not so important and work with Win7 was possible anyway.