Windows Support Forum

Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec

Q: Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec

I just built my system and the power doesn t stay on so here s my very first post The fans spin about once and the POST shows FF bootup for a half sec then everything goes dead I have to shut off the PSU to try again and the problem repeats I tried the PSU on an older MB and it worked but that may not mean much since the old MB doesn t use the pin power connector only the Unplugging everything but the CPU only comes for sec build, Brand new Power 1/2 on and memory didn t help I Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec even tried it w o the memory I also tried it Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec with an old PCI video card Same result I m thinking the MB is sensing a short I ll uninstall and do a careful visual check or a missing fan my case fans don t provide a sensor feedback to the CSYSFAN or CPWRFAN connections but my CPU fan uses the pin CPUFAN connector or maybe the MB thinks something s too hot obviously wrong Any other ideas specs AMD EP- NDA J x MB Kingston DDR All-In-Wonder AGP sound on MoBo W PSU DVD RW and Floppy Gregor nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Brand new build, Power only comes on for 1/2 sec

Are motherboard stand-offs being used?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-power-only-comes-on-for-1-2-sec.25512/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All I have been wrangling with a random BSOD for about weeks now on a brand new build All components are new except for two Caviar Green drives in Raid build BSODs on new brand CPU Intel i K Motherboard Asus P Z -VLK Ram Speed size and sticks X GB GSKILL Ares DDR GPU none using iGPU PSU BSODs on brand new build do not leave this out Rosewill Hive- semi-modular OS Windows Home Premium Boot Drive Samsung GB SSD BSODs on brand new build Series Storage two Caviar Green drives in Raid Optical ASus X DVDRW I experience BSODS often at least twice a day Never while I am at the PC generally while sleeping and at work Since this new build I have been trying to transfer my media files from my backup to the raid array- One folder in particular is huge GB So I set this to transfer before I go to sleep or leave for work One out of every two times I try to transfer this I get the BSOD I have run MEMTEST for the recommended passes two times with no failures I have run check disk multiple times with no errors I re-installed windows fresh Driver Verifier fails immediately after enabling it and rebooting I narrowed down the driver causing the failure to Ndisrd sys If I disable this driver my Ethernet stops working this caused me to look into this drivers effect on ethernet and I stumbled accross this website http driverscollection com aid a cde d f a as you can see this driver is installed with the motherboard drivers CD and is part of network Icontrol which is monitoring and prioritization software for the network traffic I disabled this and then ran driver verifier on the same driver again and no crash I thought I had conquered it So I ran the file transfer again over night FAIL I ran the file transfer again during work today FAIL A couple of notes the BSOD can happen without the file transfer I have successfully completed the transfer in safe modem but I have only tried this once The transfer has completed successfully in regular mode on more than one occasion so this may not be a cause just a coincidence that it usually happens with the transfer Memory is in XMP mode and auto detects at the correct settings CPU stress tests using prime run at a cool C for minutes no problem I haven t gone further and I have purchased aida to really test it correctly If you have questions about the condition I will answer them asap minidumps will be posted in next post Thanks so much in advance Matt Please tell me if these files uploaded correctly Thanks Matt A few more notes Bit Windows installed both times Manually force a driver upgrade of the iGPU Intel realtek Ethernet and realtek sound drivers in both installations with no effect Using the recommended Intel rapid storage utility for all three drives The Asus driver installation disk installs AI Suite II which is where the network iControl program came from This is also where I disabled it On the first install I used McAfee but did not like it and switch to AVG In some of the posts it was recomended to use MS security essentials I switched to this in the first install and on the second install this was the only AV program installed nbsp

A:BSODs on brand new build

The minidumps are:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
TERMINAL_SERVER_DRIVER_MADE_INCORRECT_MEMORY_REFERENCE
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
all with Ntoskrnl.exe

Is the SSD boot drive set as AHCI in the bios and on a SATA 3 port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsods-on-brand-new-build.185941/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all So it has been a very long time since I built a PC from scratch last machine I built was a CompuPro S- system running Concurrent CP M I am building a new box primarily for doing video amp photo editing using the new bit versions of Photoshop and Sony Vegas I have just about finished the physical installation today I will run the pump for hours to check for leaks and tomorrow I would like to begin setting the box up Configuration I have an Armor LCS cabinet w CPU and GPU cooling blocks watt Corsair PS Intel DX BT mobo Q CPU gig of Kingston DDR ram the only one actually recommended for this mobo Sony amp TDK DVD CD RW drives ATAPI Seagate gig SATA drives for a raid storage array gig SATA Velociraptor for the system and WD gig SATA Cavier as a scratch drive an EVGA GT video Welcome New Brand Suggestions Build, card Vegas does not take advantage of a GPU except Brand New Build, Suggestions Welcome for some effects add-on packages HP quot widescreen digital monitor and Sony quot analog flat screen monitor and Full Vista Ultimate package My questions start with Once the Hardware is all installed what Brand New Build, Suggestions Welcome NEXT I have heard that I can only put in stick of memory until the OS is installed then add the others but even before that what are the steps for configuring the mobo once the power is added How hard is it to set up the RAID and is the built in RAID controller any good with Vista Next the scratch drive currently is full of data from an XP system The plan is to configure the RAID move the data I want to the RAID and then set the drive as the scratch drive so should I install the scratch drive right away or set-up the RAID first move the data in using the scratch drive in an external USB cabinet and then adding the drive back into the system This is my first Vista install what do I need to know to make it go right Finally I have a scanner Epson Perfection Photo and printer Epson Photo that do not have drivers specificly listed to support Vista What is involved in doing a dual boot machine and is it worth the hassle or should I just scan and print off of my old XP box Eventually I will upgrade both pieces but for now I have spent enough on this rig I also have a Contour ShuttlePro II input device that currently does not support Vista that one I may just have to leave on a shelf for now as it is only useful for Vegas Any and all help is appreciated I feel like a kid with a new toy again lol Best regards -Harry

A:Brand New Build, Suggestions Welcome

Just a few comments from a retired computer builder.

SATA2 is mandatory for any new system today, but why RAID?
That's a killer if it goes sour on you.

I was given a Dell XPS 400 that Dell wrote off as "Broken and beyond repair" just because the two-drive RAID system was corrupted.
I reprogrammed it to operate on single drives and set up Vista Ultimate on the little PC.
I doubled the original 1 gig of ram and Vista is running satisfactorily on the PC today.

Over the years I've tried a RAID setup on several occasions and every time I've torn it down and gone back to a single drive for my OS. For the home computer user there is NO advantage to using RAID, except to tie up more drives to do the same job.

With so many drives and all that ram, you're going to have one heck of a heat problem. And, you can't stack those drives or the bottom ones will roast the top ones.
Also the current draw on the PSU will be considerable. A 750w supply won't produce that much power 'all day' so I'd want to go higher yet on the PSU.

You're also going to want to increase cooling as much as possible.
I'm currently running five case fans in my own system to bring in fresh air and to exhaust the heat from my three HD's and 3 gig's of ram. I had to do some cutting and drilling to get that many fans installed.
Every one of my three HD's has its own Two-Fan cooler and I've added a larger cooling fan to my 128meg Video card.

Also, Video cards today, generate a LOT of heat, that must be removed from the case.
It appears that you're setting yourself up for a "Furnace" of Mt St Helen's proportions!

If you actually build that system as you've said, it should make a nice heater for your computer room this winter!

I work very hard for my money and I'd not want to waste it by adding more ram and more HD's than really necessary.

Vista Ultimate runs beautifully on my computer with an AMD 3800+ dual core CPU and three gigs of DDR2 ram.

By the way, you couldn't run fast enough to GIVE me any Kingston ram.
I work with a professional ram seller who tells me that Kingston ram is about 85% refurbished ram that's actually FAILED the original manufacturers final testing.

Good Luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/182153-brand-new-build-suggestions-welcome.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,
i just built a brand new gaming rig, and when i tried to start it up, i got nothing. no lights, beeps, or spinning fans. I am sure i have all of the cables installed correctly, even had a technician come check it out. no dice.

i am wondering if the mobo or the psu were DOA, or if something else is the matter.

any help is much appericated.
my gaming depends on it!

A:Brand new build won't even start

I would first check to make shure that your power button is working properly. You can test this by jumping the two prongs coming out of you Moboard that go to your button.

if it still dosent work then find a new psu to try in your rig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-wont-even-start.97598/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just finished building a new PC, and now I have been getting BSOD from time to time. I have flashed the BIOS, and downloaded correct drivers but it does not seem to be working. I am going to do a mem test here soon, but hoping some one a little more experienced than myself can lend me a hand and point me in the right direction.

Will upload a dump file, sorry I have to keep it short for now, BSOD wont give me a chance to fully explain.
Specs:
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Gen 3
Western Digital 250GB HD
Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD
16GB G-Skill DDR3 1333 Ram
Intel i-5 2500K
Windows 7 64bit OS

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone,

I just recently built a new computer and it freezes randomly. Very annoying!! Mouse cursor and keyboard freezes.

Pc specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B150M-DS3h socket 1151
RAM:Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB DDR4-2400
CPU: Intel Core i5-6500
Power supply: Corsair Builder 500W
graphics: XFX Radeon R9 380X 4GB DD
Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM and Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

I don't know much about computers so any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Brand new build PC freeze up

Does the cursor and keyboard freeze up when you are in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393888-brand-new-build-pc-freeze-up.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I was in Photoshop editing some photos, and was chatting with someone on Skype when suddenly I got a BSOD. The computer restarted before I got a chance to read what the BSOD said, but I did make sure to run a scan after the computer came back up. Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD on brand new build

- It's your Logitech Camera Driver at fault

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88006d85fc6, fffff88003b7f758, fffff88003b7efb0}

Probably caused by : lvrs64.sys ( lvrs64+2fc6 )
Update those: Support + Downloads

- Recommended to update these Drivers also:

Code:
fffff880`03b7e6f8 fffff880`04e4c1acUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asmtxhci.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asmtxhci.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asmtxhci.sys
asmtxhci+0x4c1ac

Code:
fffff880`04e00000 fffff880`04e64000 asmtxhci T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: asmtxhci.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asmtxhci.sys
Image name: asmtxhci.sys
Timestamp: Thu Nov 03 10:00:22 2011 (4EB203C6)

Asmedia USB 3.0 Driver ASMedia Technology Inc. ????

Code:
fffff880`03b7ea80 fffff880`05b046a9Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0xe96a9

Code:
fffff880`05a1b000 fffff880`064c3000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Sun Feb 10 06:13:08 2013 (5116D804)
nVidia Video Driver Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290013-bsod-brand-new-build.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all. Situation, Problem(s), Thoughts.

Situation:

Just built new computer with:

Problems:

- Computer will turn on for 1-3 seconds and then turn off. This continues to happen until I unplug/flip switch on PSU.
- Tried another known working PSU (600watt) and still same issue.
- Tried PSU with another tower, powers tower without issue.
- Reseated all components (including processor/Heatsink)
- Unplugged all but 24pin and 8 pin.
- Tried different outlet.

Thoughts:

- At the moment I have requested an RMA for both CPU and Motherboard - Approved by NewEgg
- The motherboard does not have onboard graphics, which makes me nervous. Although I have the 460 graphics plugged in, so this shouldn't make a difference.
- Is there anything else I could try?

What do you guys think? It really could only be the processor and/or motherboard. Just seems so strange to have these faulty from day one.

Thanks guys.

Relevancy 55.04%

So i just finished building a new pc, everything was fine for the first day. I stress tested all of the hardware and checked for errors. No problems. I then overclocked my processor and stabilized it (pretty easy on these new intel chips) and set up a game to download then went to bed.

When i woke up i was on the login screen and windows reported an unexpected shutdown.

I don't believe this is overclock related, i think it may be a driver or other hardware issue. One of the blue screen reports was something about a sata driver.

Ill run through the BSOD sticky steps now.

? OS - Windows 7 SP 1 64 bit
? Age of system- All new but the hard drives/dvd drive
? Age of OS installation -fresh format and reinstall with all updates
? CPU-i5 3570k
? Video Card-Radeon HD 6870
? MotherBoard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
? Power Supply - Corsair TX650 watts

A:Brand new build BSOD

I dont see a way to edit, but based on benchmarks my hard drives are running 10-20 MB slower than they were in my last system.

Not sure whats going on there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/brand-new-build-bsod-661042.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello. Just put together new HTPC and it is randomly crashing.

Processor: AMD A8-3850
Graphics: Onboard
MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX
Memory: Mushkin Silverline 8GB (2x4)
HD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB (WD1002FAEX)
Blu-Ray/DVD: Lite-On internal (IHES112-04)

--------------------
It has crashed several times in 2 days. Crashed when clicking the "start" logo. Crashed in internet explorer. Crashed in google chrome. Crashed in XBMC program. Crashed all by itself from desktop.

Right before the screen goes blank, before the BSOD pops up-- the graphics are all messed up. Horizontal lines of jibberish for 1 second, then the crash. Computer temps are at 20 C. Memory has been tested overnight (12 hours) with Memtest and 0 failures.

I don't know what I'm looking for here. Any help?

I attached the .zip from the SF Diagnostic Tool.

A:Random BSODs in brand new build

Code:
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d898996529, b3b7465eeb16347f, fffff80002071af0, 1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular)
memory_corruption doesn't necessary mean that a RAM module is faulty, it can also point to a object which corrupted the RAM at the time of the crash, for instance a corrupted driver or program. Paging files and the CPU caches can also be causes.

Follow these steps -

Test for any corrupted drivers, by running Driver Verifier for least 24 hours, stop the test if a BSOD occurs before this time frame. Driver Verifier will place stress on the drivers within your system, which will cause corrupted drivers to crash and hopefully be pinpointed.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
More Help and Information with Driver Verifier - Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Memory:RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 9-10 passes, and preferably overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Remove avast! (at least to test):

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus
Use the official uninstaller:avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal
Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system.

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.
Please upload a SystemInfo.txt file, use may use the same SF tool as used for the .dmp files, but make sure you select "Grab All".

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274481-random-bsods-brand-new-build.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all,
I saw the YouTube video saying to come here for help with BSOD concerns. I've attached what I understand to be dump files. Sure hope someone out there can help identify if I have hardware or driver issues. Any guidance is greatly appreciated, as I'm getting ready to pull my hair out over this.

A:BSOD over and over with brand new system build...

Quote: Originally Posted by Voice4u

Hello all,
I saw the YouTube video saying to come here for help with BSOD concerns. I've attached what I understand to be dump files. Sure hope someone out there can help identify if I have hardware or driver issues. Any guidance is greatly appreciated, as I'm getting ready to pull my hair out over this.

Hello there!

Please download this and run it and post us the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307457-bsod-over-over-brand-new-system-build.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I built a Pc for my Girlfriends brother I have a good knowledge of Computers and I am build freezing new - Randomly brand Pc a Networking student in Australia He used his Comptuer for a few weeks before this started happening but this is what he has told me I haven't actually seen the problem the Computer Pc Randomly freezing - brand new build would randomly freeze after about hours of being on This also happened when he tried to open games so I checked all the connections were correct the works and I also formatted the HDD and did a fresh install of windows The Computer was fine at my house didn't freeze or turn off but I didn't try to open any games as I was in a hurry I took it back to him and he says after a few hours of being on it randomly freezes no picture shown on the screen Pc Randomly freezing - brand new build I have a feeling it's the monitor but I am not sure Totally stumped on this one never seen this before I haven't actually witnessed the problem it's all of what he has told me so I'm not sure The specs CPU - AMD FX- Core Black Edition Processor Mobo - ASRock Extreme R Motherboard RAM - Corsair CMX GX M A C GB x GB DDR I know I should've gotten a dual channel kit but I was working on a budget and it was more expensive GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX PSU - Corsair CX- Modular Bronze HDD - Western Digital WD Blue TB WD EZEX OS is Windows Professional bit Legitimate

A:Pc Randomly freezing - brand new build

Well, first before doing anything rash, you should view the freezing first hand yourself. Just in case the user is mixing up their terminology.
If it is indeed freezing, this would be caused by overheating. You may need to reapply thermal paste between the heat sync and the processor. Make sure all fans are spinning. And make sure it is clean of dust. If fresh paste doesn't fix it then it would be a failing or underpowered PSU.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-randomly-freezing-brand-new-build-805249.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello like the subject line says I just built a new machine a couple weeks ago Right away I started getting blue screens almost all of them happened within the first - minutes after logging into windows a couple brand installed nothing build, BSOD's yet new times immediately after logging in It happened before I even launched any programs If I didn't get a blue screen within the first - minutes I usually could run the machine all day without getting one I don't have any dmp files from these blue screens because I BSOD's brand new build, nothing installed yet didn't know until a few days ago about the minidump folder and how to enable dump files never had to deal with BSOD's until this But I did write down some of the STOP error codes Don't know if these are helpful by themselves but these are some of the ones I wrote down STOP x D STOP x STOP x E - the one I saw the most times STOP x STOP x A STOP x B STOP x So I decided to format and reinstall Windows yesterday Enabled dump files I haven't installed any programs yet I haven't even installed any drivers no windows updates nothing All I have hooked up is the SSD RAM video card and dvd drive I haven't actually been using the computer I just turn it on and wait for it to get a blue screen so I have something to upload here It seems to be following the same pattern as before I reinstalled Windows - the crashes happen within the first - minutes after booting If someone can tell me what the problem is I would be VERY grateful John

A:BSOD's brand new build, nothing installed yet

Looks like hardware - try the free hardware diagnostics here: Hardware Diagnostics
For more a more detailed analysis, please post the info from this link: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's. Here's the information that I've compiled so far:

Quote:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Update the motherboard controllers drivers to the latest available version from the controller manufacturer (NOT the mobo manufacturer unless you can't find any on the controller manufacturer's website)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.-
Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum
29 May 2012 - The frequency of BSOD's with SSD's seems to have been decreasing over the last several months. It may be approaching time to re-evaluate my stand on their suitability for use in production systems.

You don't have drivers installed for these devices:

Quote:
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1042&SUBSYS_63001565&REV_00\4&16E9D352&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.

PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_31081565&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_230A1565&REV_06\2E010000684CE00000 The drivers for this device are not installed.

SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_31081565&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.

Go to the manufacturer's website and install the chipset drivers for your motherboard

These are all STOP 0x1E errors (more info on that here: BSOD Index )
Can be hardware or software.
Start with the free diags here: Hardware Diagnostics

Doesn't look much like software, but try Driver Verifier according to these instructions (just to be sure): Driver Verifier Settings

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060212-4102-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232985-bsods-brand-new-build-nothing-installed-yet.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello All

I have build a new gaming rig and installed Windows 10 pro but I have been getting bsod's and cannot figure out what is going on. I had it overclocked but since removed the overclock to trouble shoot the bsod. I have also run memtestx86 for 9 passes and no errors there. So I am reaching out for some help in solving the bsod the particular bsod that is coming up is System_Service_Exception. If anyone can help out that would be great!

Thanks

DWisenbaugh

A:Brand new Build getting BSOD System_Service_Exception

Uninstall Webroot while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative.

Check Evga for driver updates for the Marvell sata controller driver

Uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

Code:
6: kd> lmvm WRkrn
start end module name
fffff800`b3760000 fffff800`b377f000 WRkrn T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: WRkrn.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\WRkrn.sys
Image name: WRkrn.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 22 17:20:08 2015 (55AFB4A8)
CheckSum: 0002B71A
ImageSize: 0001F000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

0: kd> lmvm mvs91xx
start end module name
fffff801`bbef0000 fffff801`bbf82000 mvs91xx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: mvs91xx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\mvs91xx.sys
Image name: mvs91xx.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 09 10:50:58 2012 (5073E572)
CheckSum: 00050AB0
ImageSize: 00092000

0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff801`beaa0000 fffff801`bf6c5000 nvlddmkm (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Feb 09 05:28:39 2016 (56B96AF7)
CheckSum: 00BF2DF6
ImageSize: 00C25000

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41333-brand-new-build-getting-bsod-system_service_exception.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I built this machine weeks ago runs great except it has crashed times while gaming I get a blue screen Stop x F x build new on brand screen Blue xFFFFFA A BF xFFFFFA A BE xFFFFF F It then will not boot because BIOS no longer sees my two Adata S SSD drives hooked to the Intel Sata controller one is Win other has game The SSD drives do not appear Blue screen on brand new build on the booting screen or inside the BIOS It does still see my WD disk drive on the Marvel Sata controller If I cycle power or reset the SSD drives are again visible and it boots fine GIGABYTE GA-Z Blue screen on brand new build X-UD H-B Intel K Windows Home Premium OEM from NewEgg new PSU is Corsair CMPSU- HX w RT GB Gkill G F - CL D- GBXM VGA-XFX HD- -ZDBC HD G Brand new home-built from NewEgg parts original OS install default settings no overclock other than slight GPU factory OC Runs cool Usually takes a few hours of gaming before it crashes I have run Carrona memtest V and Prime w o crashing or errors Windows doesn't seem to be generating a minidump file Attached Blue screen on brand new build is zip file with Perfmon and BSODjcgriff Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Bob

A:Blue screen on brand new build

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwong

Windows doesn't seem to be generating a minidump file.

Is this the case ? I really need the dump file to examine your BSOD. Try rechecking it. If it really does not generate a dump file, then you might have to do a kernel debugging.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-on-brand-new-build-589949.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all this is my first time posting on the forums so with F4 BSoD build, bccodes new 7A Brand and don't mind any bad etiquette About weeks ago I built myself a new computer for the first time The installation went smoothly and everything Brand new build, BSoD with bccodes F4 and 7A worked perfectly fine For the first two weeks no errors in sight I was playing games such as Bioshock Infinite bloody great game btw and Metro without issue Then a few days ago my computer BSoD while playing through Bioshock It went by rather quick so I couldn't read the error screen but after a prompt reboot everything was back to normal After researching the error code F I made the assumption it was my graphic driver I reinstalled it and went back on my way Since then I've had three more BSoDs each with codes differing from F and A During these three times I wasn't gaming or doing anything extensive so I don't believe it's my graphics card I found this site and hoped that someone out there could properly help me I attached below my diagnostic zip My build Gigabyte Z X-D H EVGA Superclocked w ACX Cooling Intel Core i l Corsair Vengeance Pro Red GB modules Cooler Master Hyper EVO WD Cavier Blue TB Corsair R Mid Tower Case My temperatures have stayed insanely low CPU only hitting Celsius on load GPU reaching Celsius Any help will be greatly appreciated I apologize again for any improper etiquette I'm here out of panic

A:Brand new build, BSoD with bccodes F4 and 7A

Upload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureUse the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & ErrorsTest and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+ Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Tip
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

Test your Hardware for Stability and Heat Problems with Prime95: Stress Test With Prime95 How to Stress Test a Video Card with Furmark:Video Card - Stress Test with FurmarkTest your CPU Stability with IntelBurnTest:CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299249-brand-new-build-bsod-bccodes-f4-7a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently bought brand new parts to build my own PC I had a friend put it together He tested it display won't Monitor PC build new on brand on his monitor and the bios started up fine I took it home and tried plugging it into MY monitor and there s no display The power light is just yellow The monitor is old but I know it works to an extent because my old desktop registers it It s a inch Dell The port on the back of the new desktop is VGA Here are the rest of my computer specs as follows Mobo - MSI Z MA-ED B LGA Intel Z B DDR SATA and USB Monitor won't display on brand new PC build A amp GbE MATX Processor - Intel Core i - GHz MB Cache Socket LGA Memory - Corsair Vengeance GB x Monitor won't display on brand new PC build GB DDR MHz PC -Pin DDR Memory Kit for Intel Core i i i and AMD Platforms SDRAM CMZ GX M A PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX watt Plus Certified Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms ATX CMPSU- CXV HDD - Western Monitor won't display on brand new PC build Digital Caviar Blue GB SATA III RPM MB Cache Bulk OEM Desktop Hard Drive - WD AAKX Video card - MSI AMD Radeon HD G Pcie GDDR Heatsink - Cooler Master Hyper EVO CPU Cooler RR- E- PK-R Like I said he plugged the newly built PC into his own monitor and the bios started up fine Any suggestions nbsp

A:Monitor won't display on brand new PC build

did you plug the monitor into the board or the 6850? Just use the VGA/DVI adapter that came with the GPU and you should be good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-display-on-brand-new-pc-build.179286/
Relevancy 54.18%

I know new HDD at Help Please 100% brand with build, custom usage there are threads all over the internet about this common Windows problem but I can't seem to escape it The HDD ghost first attacked my laptop after running Win Pro perfect for a year The only solution that worked was to go back to Win I just built a new custom rig and installed Win to give it another try After one day the same issue happened again So once again I did a complete HDD wipe and re-installed Win Ultimate bit While installing updates I noticed it hung really bad while installing Sp and once again after it finally booted mins later the HDD in resource manager HDD usage at 100% with brand new custom build, Please Help shows constant usage Now rebooting the system takes about mins when it should take less than one Please help me if you know the solution to this common Windows problem I am so tired of dealing with this issue My Specs Quad Core i ASRock z Mobo GB RAM GeForce GTX ti w PSU

A:HDD usage at 100% with brand new custom build, Please Help

Welcome to SF.

Please open your Task Manager
Click on the Processes tab
Click on CPU so the arrow points down
If/when you have a process running at 100%, please create an image of the window and post it to this thread.
Here is a tutorial, if you need it.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/326443-hdd-usage-100-brand-new-custom-build-please-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've got a EVGA 750i SLI FTW Mobo with an Intel Core 2 DUO E8400 CPU, 4GB of OCZ Reaper E8500 RAM and a ASUS EN9600GSO 512MB GDDR3 video card.

Problem is when attempting to install either Windows 7 - 32 or 64 bit and also Win XP, it just stops midway.

First time I tried it got all the way to the Welcome screen and just sits there.
Second time it got as far "Expanding Windows files 71%" and just sits there.
Other times it again just stops at various stages.

What's the fix for this?? Thanks

A:Solved: Will not install OS in Brand New Build

If these are burned copies of the OS's (backups obviously) try burning them at a slower speed. <= Don't respond I don't want to know

Believe it or not it could be your ram I would try memtest same thing happened to me once and on a bran new build it turned out the mem they sent me was bad and it was causing the os installs to hang.

So give that a try.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-not-install-os-in-brand-new-build.828412/
Relevancy 54.18%

CPU Core i K Haswell Socket H LGA Motherboard ASUS Z -K Ram PC - Mhz GB x Sticks GPU Intel HD Graphics HDD Seagate GB Solid State Hybrid Drive SSHD TB Standard HDD PSU Corsair Builder Series CXM W Modular PLUS Bronze Certified ATX EPS PSU OS Windows Professional -Bit SP Bios Version Crash Details System randomly reboots no warning no specific applications New i7 Build Random Rebooting Brand running at the time can happen minutes after boot or it can happen hours after boot Important Information The customer is a professional DJ that does events around the country and uses software called quot Cubase quot and quot Reason quot with lots of plugins that need to be installed and tested each time a re-install is done History This is a brand new system build Initially I installed Windows Pro -Bit which was working flawlessly for two weeks after installing all needed software etc After the customer tested it he realised that his MIDI keyboard used to make songs didnt work because there was no driver for windows and also his camera's that they used to stream video directly online for the radio station they work for doesn't have window drivers I explained that window -bit drivers may work but ultimately he had decided that he doesnt like want windows So I re-install windows -Bit all working fine install umtine plug-ins and software AGAIN and test for a few days no problems Deliver it to the customer he tries it out and then hours later calls me and says the PC has rebooted times without warning So I logged on remotely and immediately checked the event log and under administrative log I could see several dirty shutdown events often followed by errors of services not starting up after goggling many of the errors they were mostly quot ignore this as this is a file left behind Brand New i7 Build Random Rebooting from the OS installation media quot Differences from Windows Install - Windows Install Windows found it's own drivers automatically and because windows couldnt find drivers I installed via the motherboard disc this in turn installed ASUS Suite III which I have subsequently un-installed So here's what I have done so far Updated all drivers Removed any additional PCI cards and only left the bare essentials Tested the PC at my workshop to verify it was not the electrical source extension lead running items still reboots when directly into the mains source Performed a system restore to the day I gave the customer the PC before he installed his DJ hardware this results in less reboots but still had two today Checked Speedfan which shows temps at - c but cannot detect volts on PSU Only one BSOD minidump has been created and points to netbt sys on the so I updated the network drivers since then frequent reboots and no further minidumps UPDATE As I suspect that the PSU may be faulty I have just ordered this as a replacement Corsair W CXM Builder Modular Plus Bronze PSU Ebuyer com UPDATE Right I think I may have solved my own problem So yesterday I thought I'd just swap the possibly faulty W PSU with my Crossair W PSU from my home PC that has been running fine for years and the problem still persisted now I know this could be because the PSU still isn't powerful enough for the rig What was interesting is that when I booted up after swapping PSU the PC displayed quot overclock failed quot HUH I never set up any overclocking so I went into the bios and loaded defaults and the machine has been running for Hours with no issues UPDATE The PC literally just BSOD'd whilst typing out my success story BSOD was showing quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT quot in blue screen viewer could this be because the W PSU isnt powerful enough for the rig I have uploaded the minidump and all required files for analyse in case anyone has time to take a look

A:Brand New i7 Build Random Rebooting

have you checked to see wether your psu which is low quality can handle the haswell chip? not all power supplies are capable of running it at this time.

Edit: never use speedfan for temps use the BIOS or CPUID hardware monitor or HWINFO

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/brand-new-i7-build-random-rebooting-705007.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Well I just built my first ever computer build with PSU OCZ OCZ SXS W RT - Retail CPU INTEL C Q Q G M R - Retail MEM Gx OCZ DII OCZ RPR C GK - Retail VGA EVGA -P -N -AR GT M - Retail DVD BURN PIONEER DVR- DBK X - OEM CASE COOLERMAS CAC-T -UW BLK RT - Retail MB GIGABYTE GA-EP -DS L P RT - Retail HD G SAMG K M SATA HD lJ up start new Brand won't computer build - OEM When i Brand new computer build won't start up first built this computer it would only work when i opened it up put something metal to these two little metal rods on the mother board that said clr csmos and then turned it on I d have to do this every time Brand new computer build won't start up i turned it Brand new computer build won't start up on It was working fine for a while like this but then i starrted getting the blue screen of death for Windows Vista Home Premium Then the blue screen started happening more often Then one time it did the blue screen turned off and then when i tried to turn it back on doing the same thing i always do it wont turn on What happens is it turns on for about seconds without showing anything on the monitor then turns off Please i really need help with this nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there Don't know too much about computers so any help would be appreciated A second issue is that my pc fans are running at what seems to be maximum Don't know if this is related Have I chosen incompatible parts wrong software etc I just replaced my old pc for what seems to be the same BSOD error Locale ID Here's the info you need OS - BSOD [SOLVED] PC Build new brand Vista Windows Win Ultimate x -bit or x bit What was original installed OS on system As above Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM purchased when I built the PC Age of system hardware Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS weeks No re-installation CPU - AMD Phenom II x T Video Card - Gigabyte HD Readeon GB MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA-FXA -UD Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Antec True Power W Thanks again Mik

A:[SOLVED] BSOD brand new PC Build

Hi -

Update ATI Radeon HD 6900 Series driver -

Code:
atikmdag.sys Thu Nov 18 05:22:11 2010 (4CE4FE53)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#atikmpag.sys

Reseat RAM. Test RAM - Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Remove Norton Internet Security/ N360 - NIS/ N360 Removal -- sysnative.com - MVP

Install - Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Thu Mar 17 12:45:50.987 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:37:29.298
Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!DispatchClose+6f )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: RAVCpl64.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_portcls!DispatchClose+6f
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff880`07470753 fffff880`0a329bd0 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = F6
BiosReleaseDate = 11/24/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-890FXA-UD5
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Mar 16 06:01:46.130 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:23:43.425
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgmms1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgmms1.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1+1b36b )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_dxgmms1+1b36b
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000040 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`030cacd8
BiosVersion = F6
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Mar 15 20:10:31.359 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:03.294
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`0000006f 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`03134b1f
BiosVersion = F6
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 21:51:55.169 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 18:17:56.582
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDeliverApc+197 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KiDeliverApc+197
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`0000000d 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`03064077
BiosVersion = F6

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.sysnative.com

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-brand-new-pc-build-560005.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have recently built a new computer using CPU Intel Core i K Unlocked GHz LGA Motherboard MSI H M-E LGA H mATX Motherboard Memory OCZ Gold Series XTC Cooler GB gbX DDR - PC - Dual Channel Memory Kit Videocard Onboard Cooling build BSOD - keeps Brand new with crashing Thermaltake Silent CLP mm CPU Cooler For Brand new build - keeps crashing with BSOD Intel Socket LGA Soundcard Speakers built-in Hard Disk s TB WD Cavier Blue Operating System Windows Ultimate At first I have installed Windows XP home premium followed by the drivers and Kaspersky Internet security It worked fine for a day until I shutdown the system On re-boot and login first there was an error message from Kaspersky that quot not all components were loaded quot followed by quot databases are corrupted quot Then quot windows explorer crashed quot After few re-boots and after uninstalling the antivirus system was stable but again crashing Brand new build - keeps crashing with BSOD when I shutdown and cold start Than I tried with Windows XP professional installing a new hard disk Same sequence of events happened After I uninstalled anti-virus it was stable for couple of days After few re-boots same problem again and this time MOBO rejected the hard disk saying it is defective and replace it Finally I installed a new hard drive again and this time I installed win ultimate and same anti-virus Worked fine for a day and gave BSOD after the shut down and cold Brand new build - keeps crashing with BSOD boot After few re-boots it was stable Than I installed MS Office Adobe etc It ran fine for days until I shutdown the system Today when I restarted the system it crashed at the sign-on screen after the re-bbot it logged me in but repeated the same sequence Anti-virus DB corrupted windows explorer crashed etc and now each time when I reboot it gives me BSOD after minutes I tried to access minidump but it says access denied and couldn t open the folder I am really frustrated Someone please help nbsp

A:Brand new build - keeps crashing with BSOD

Minidump

I was able to login through safe mode and copy the minidump. here are the files..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-keeps-crashing-with-bsod.155484/
Relevancy 54.18%

Man this is frustrating I hope you guys can help So all my parts from Newegg came in a couple of days ago I put my build together installed Windows ultimate and I'm constantly getting BSODS My computer is crashing randomly from my desktop but CONSISTENTLY crashing at startup especially at the quot loading windows' screen It takes - crashes at new HELP! BSODs build - - Brand constant reboot to Brand new build - constant BSODs - HELP! get to desktop I've run memtest chkdsk and last night for hours straight I ran a Geek Squad hardware hot run disk - no errors everything passed with flying colors I've updated all my drivers and the only thing on the computer at the moment is Windows and anything that Brand new build - constant BSODs - HELP! comes on driver disks I've attached my dmp files and the requested reports I wish it was just some faulty ram and I could send it back to newegg but of course it's not that easy Can someone with more knowledge than I look through my files and let me know what I need to do Thanks so much edit and here are a couple of the windows messages that await me on a crash might help Quote Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP F BCP F C BCP FFFF FFEA EFD BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA F B D BCP BCP FFFFF D FA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP BCP FFFFF E D BCP BC FB BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink link amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Brand new build - constant BSODs - HELP!

I really hate to be that guy, but bump (it's already on the 2nd page).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145406-brand-new-build-constant-bsods-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Just built a new computer Asus Rampage Extreme III mobo PNY Geforce gb OCZ ram w PSU Intel i - Windows pro It is constantly freezing during games and during video playback like netflix or youtube Some times it will freeze right away sometimes after hours of play On a bad day it just makes doing anything impossible I get two types of freezes One the audio continues freezing new build Brand constantly to go the screen is just frozen forcing me to reset Other is it will freeze in game with no audio forcing a reset and I get a BCCode error Brand new build constantly freezing I reinstalled windows and all drivers last night dont get a BCCode anymore on reset but it continues to freeze just the same I have checked temps and power and everything seems to be good All the drivers are the latest I haven t loaded the newer bios for my mobo yet but last time I did that before the windows reinstall it didnt help anyways All I can think of is some crazy driver issue that I just cant tell or maybe something physically wrong with the video card Help needed NVIDIA System Information report created on System name BEAST-PC Display Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz MHz Operating System Windows Professional -bit DirectX version GPU Brand new build constantly freezing processor GeForce GTX Driver version CUDA Cores Core clock MHz Shader clock MHz Memory Brand new build constantly freezing clock MHz MHz data rate Memory interface -bit Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated video memory MB GDDR System video memory MB Shared system memory MB Video BIOS version IRQ Bus PCI Express x Gen Components nvCplUIR dll NVIDIA Control Panel nvCplUI exe NVIDIA Control Panel nvWSSR dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvWSS dll NVIDIA Workstation Server nvViTvSR dll NVIDIA Video Server nvViTvS dll NVIDIA Video Server NVSTVIEW EXE NVIDIA GeForce D Vision NVSTTEST EXE NVIDIA D Vision Test Application NVSTRES DLL NVIDIA D Vision Module nvDispSR dll NVIDIA Display Server NVMCTRAY DLL NVIDIA Media Center Library nvDispS dll NVIDIA Display Server NVCPL DLL NVIDIA Compatible Windows Display driver Version PhysX NVIDIA PhysX NVCUDA DLL NVIDIA CUDA driver nvGameSR dll NVIDIA D Settings Server nvGameS dll NVIDIA D Settings Server nbsp

A:Brand new build constantly freezing

I get a BCCode 116 errorClick to expand...

STOP error 0x116 can mean that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. STOP code 0x00000116 may also display "VIDEO_TDR_ERROR" on the same STOP message.

First, uninstall your installed nVidia drivers, reboot, and run Driver Sweeper (you can find it in TS download section) to clean any remaining nVidia driver files.

Download latest WHQL driver from nVidia's site, and install it, reboot the system, and see whether it help resolve the issue.

If it doesn't, please download OCCT, and thoroughly stress test your graphic card including vRAM, and come back with your results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-build-constantly-freezing.151731/
Relevancy 54.18%

Need some help with this. Brand new build:

Intel i5-3570K
Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Z77
G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz CL9
2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3 RAID-0 (FW 2.25 on both)

Nothing overclocked but running Intel XMPP

Installed Win7 SP1 and ran all updates, then random BSOD 124. Could be me just installing software, playing a game or just browsing the internet.

Tried upping the Vtt and manually setting memory to XMPP specs, but didn't seem to do the trick. Not too convinced it's the SSDs because I ran both individually for months before and they were fine.

Anything else I can try?

A:Brand New Build - Random BSOD 124

Alright you have BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_Genuine Intel =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Run through the steps in the link
As well
intelppm.sys : Intel Processor driver
check with your mobos site for driver updates, and as well check here as a secondary option : Intel Download Center
Here are stresstests for reference :
Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259252-brand-new-build-random-bsod-124-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

sfc /scannow reported no errors.

zip attached, please let me know if you require any further information.

A:WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error - brand new build - 0124 in dmp

Hi, your dump files are all related to Intel processor.
Possible causes could be either overclocking, overheating, hardware failure, incompatible hardware or bad driver.

Machine check exception due to cache level 0 error as you can see bellow:
Dump 1:

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0019873e028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
6: kd> !errrec ffffe0019873e028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe0019873e028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d0809010b3b11e
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 4/27/2015 3:22:59 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000
Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ ffffe0019873e0a8
Section @ ffffe0019873e180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal
Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000006
Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ ffffe0019873e0f0
Section @ ffffe0019873e240
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000006
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 06 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Proc. Info 0 @ ffffe0019873e240
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ ffffe0019873e138
Section @ ffffe0019873e2c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 6 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000013a5d6e40
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086

Dump 2:

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, ffffe0002d1b3028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel
---------
7: kd> !errrec ffffe0002d1b3028
Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe0002d1b3028
Record Id : 01d082ecfcacc64e
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 4/30/2015 4:26:43 (UTC)
Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ ffffe0002d1b30a8
Section @ ffffe0002d1b3180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000007
Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ ffffe0002d1b30f0
Section @ ffffe0002d1b3240
Offset : 53... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65188-whea_uncorrectable_error-brand-new-build-0124-dmp.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I m having some problems with a PC I just built It is my first build and everything seemed to be going so smoothly till today I am running Windows on my primary hard drive and have only files on my secondary My hardware consists of HIS HD GB -bit CPU AMD X Regor GHz Patriot GB PC Memory MSI NF -G booting, brand not new build Windows Motherboard and a RAIDMAX Hybrid W PSU I completed the build yesterday and everything was fine Today however I was toolin around with some games Windows not booting, brand new build and my computer shut down I immediately started to investigate the problem of heat Installed a few programs to check the temp and so on It didn t seem to shut down during normal computer tasks though so I thought I was okay to investigate However it shut down inexplicably again and now I cannot boot up Not even in safe mode I have gotten two separate blue screens quot System service exception quot and quot Page fault in nonpaged area quot I have read around and tried a few things Tried booting with one stick of RAM etc Any time I boot it it comes up with a message to try and fix the errors and just randomly shuts down and restarts It will do this on an endless loop if I don t cut the power I am trying to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible so I can send back a faulty component or what have you Any advice is greatly appreciated and I will try to answer any questions you may have nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

My specs built hours ago Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU AMD FX- Vishera nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A R Socket Graphics SyncMaster x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Sapphire PCPartner Storage GB KINGSTON SV S A G SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD EZEX- M NA SATA My problem Whenever I run something strenuous on my computer it freezes up Ctrl Alt Del doesn't respond mouse cursor doesn't move and I can't even turn on off my keyboard's LEDs First I was converting videos and surfing the internet at the same time and it froze It seemed like an anomaly at first so I just did a hard reset and continued with what I was doing and then it froze again Seeing it happen a second time caused me to download a Brand but new when freezes strained build, stress tester Prime was the one I used and I did a test on the RAM It froze up after a minute of stress testing When my build restarted I ran my check hardware program Speccy to check the RAM The above Tech Specs are the copy paste of what the program told me You can see the frequency in underlined bold The RAM is advertised for MHz My theory was that I had to manually up the RAM speed in Bios which I tried I selected MHz and saved reset the computer After giving me the ASUS screen it only displayed a black screen instead of the usual log in form After the next reset I reverted the RAM speed Brand new build, but freezes when strained and then booting was back to normal but I'm still at risk for freezing Question Is my RAM the reason why I'm freezing or is it something else that my new build has a flaw in Ask me any follow up question for more info Thank you for the help

A:Brand new build, but freezes when strained

You never mentioned PSU, that processor draws a lot of power (200W +) specially in turbo mode, R9 200 series, if it's 280, it draws a lot of power too, Next thing would be CPU temperatures, it's a HOT CPU, it deserves good water cooling for any practical purpose. As far as ram goes, 936 *2= 1872 so it's actually 1886 MHz memory, 2133 MHz would be overclocking and needs higher voltage than on standard frequency.
I would start with minimum manual settings for everything, no auto boost or power savings in BIOS, do some tests and than up components one by one by few MHz and keep tabs on temperatures and voltages.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/57058-brand-new-build-but-freezes-when-strained.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all BSOD, Please Build, New of Brand Help! Tons I just completed a new white box Brand New Build, Tons of BSOD, Please Help! about two days ago and I have been getting numerous BAD POOL HEADER BSODs Some have been at load gaming for instance others have been while idle surfing the internet etc Driver verifier wouldn't let me complete a Windows boot always coming up with a new culprit first it was a driver from the Asus AI Suite then the Bitdefender Antivirus then a driver from a Samsung SSD manager then a driver from a Crucial SSD manager Finally Driver Verifier stopped giving me a specific problem driver and simply reported DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION with no driver specified I went through several full Windows fresh installs but always the BSOD returned Today I ran two iterations of Memtest and it did not pick up any memory errors I ran disk repair scans on my drives SSDs HDD with no errors detected I was at the end of my rope so I decided to do a fresh install and run driver verifier post install when things should be their cleanest and least problematic At this point I have installed windows installed the manufacturer's drivers chipset audio and network and fully updated windows That's it There are zero additional programs or drivers installed I ran driver verifier and it still reports DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION I have no idea what the problem is Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Brand New Build, Tons of BSOD, Please Help!

Please update your Realtek network drivers.
Driver Reference Table - rt640x64.sys

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys
6: kd> lmvm rt640x64start end module name
fffff800`27b20000 fffff800`27bf9000 rt640x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: rt640x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\rt640x64.sys
Image name: rt640x64.sys
Timestamp: Tue May 05 18:21:03 2015 (5548EDEF)
CheckSum: 000E9B0E
ImageSize: 000D9000
Please let me know how it goes, reinstalling Windows several times usually indicates a hardware problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37717-brand-new-build-tons-bsod-please-help.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Wow! haven't built a computer for a couple of years. Must be missing something. Here are the brand new components.

Abit SD7-533 motherboard AGP 1x/2x/4x SiS 645 chipset
P4 Socket 478
ECS AGP SiS 315 card
Eagle 300w Power Supply for P4

No beep, no CPU fan. 5v standby LED on the motherboard is on. Checked the fan on this computer and it was fine. Is it the different chip sets between the AGP card and MB? I also tried a voodoo 4500 PCI VGA card to no avail. I'm totally stumped, any help would be great.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys Im in the process of building a new computer right now Now I was wondering a couple things First is it possible to install Windows on a fresh new Windows brand a Install to 7 How custom new build to build with parts just installed into case How would I install Windows to something like that Was also wondering if Windows was having alot of problems or would it run smoothly on How to Install Windows 7 to a brand new custom build my new build Mostly going to be using it for games movies internet Heres my new build ASUS M A T-E AM AMD GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz Socket AM OCZ Gold GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR SAPPHIRE HDMI Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR LG X DVD R DVD Burner Acer X W BD Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor WESTERN DIGITAL WD AAKS GB SATA RPM MB Hard Drive Bfg Tech W EPS V Power Supply - BFGR WLSPSU So will it run smooth Are most people having problems Would it be worth just getting Vista instead Thanks For all help

A:How to Install Windows 7 to a brand new custom build

It is entirely possible. Just download the ISO, burn it and start install.

Do a custom full install.

You could have a flawless install or you could have a problem. Remember that WIn 7
RC 1 is not the version that will be released to the public. It is a test version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/10040-how-install-windows-7-brand-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Thanks for taking the time to help I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping you guys can assist me I just recently put together my first build and so far it's been running well However I've been getting seemingly random BSOD's four so far and I'm not exactly sure what's causing the problem My build is Intel i k Gigabyte z -gaming x Corsair XMS GB GB in total Crucial MX GB SSD EVGA GTX ti I ran Intel's cpu diagnostic tool and everything checked build, BSOD 1A brand-new on Random Bugcheck out I then ran chkdsk f on my SSD and that checked out as well I also ran memtest on my RAM and it went through passes and no errors I attached screenshots of the results sorry for poor quality I pulled the four BSOD dmp files and read through them but I can't make much out of the results I've attached a rar of the files for review Like I said the BSOD's are seemingly pretty random One happened when I was just starting the system up after it had been sleeping another happened when opening chrome another when playing Skyrim and the other just saving a file from my USB drive Let me know your thoughts on the above info any help is truly appreciated After investing so much in this new build it's driving me crazy that there's something like BSOD's happening to it already Thanks Jeff

A:Random BSOD on brand-new build, Bugcheck 1A

Any thoughts on what can be causing the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352657-random-bsod-brand-new-build-bugcheck-1a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

so i recently built my gaming desktop and every now and then windows crashes and i get a blue screen which says dumping physical memory. i read the thread about what i should upload in order to get help however i dont know how to run a system health report as i cant find the program in start.i have disabled the auto restart and have managed to see two of the errors
stop: 0x0000004e and
stop: 0x0000001a

system specs
2500k intel i5 3.3ghz
memory: corsair vengence 1600mhz 2x4gb
gpu: radeon 6950 2gb
motherboard: gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
hdd: 1tb black caviar

i will attach the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 so you kind people can help me
plz bare with me and dont get mad if i have done something stupid

the crashes are very random and i have installed all my drivers.
thankyou

A:bsod on a brand new build its random and comes as different errors

Quote: Originally Posted by bilal123

so i recently built my gaming desktop and every now and then windows crashes and i get a blue screen which says dumping physical memory. i read the thread about what i should upload in order to get help however i dont know how to run a system health report as i cant find the program in start.i have disabled the auto restart and have managed to see two of the errors
stop: 0x0000004e and
stop: 0x0000001a

system specs
2500k intel i5 3.3ghz
memory: corsair vengence 1600mhz 2x4gb
gpu: radeon 6950 2gb
motherboard: gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
hdd: 1tb black caviar

i will attach the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 so you kind people can help me
plz bare with me and dont get mad if i have done something stupid
the crashes are very random and i have installed all my drivers.
thankyou

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213755-bsod-brand-new-build-its-random-comes-different-errors.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello there im new here I got a question for you maybe someone here can help me with this I got an old used Toshiba Satellite A L here and i ask myself which harddrive i supposed to be in this when bought originally The notebook is atleast years old is originally? build Satellite usually Which HDD-brand a into A200-29L probably even older At the moment there is a Fujitsu harddrive with GB in Which HDD-brand is usually build into a Satellite A200-29L originally? it but i wanted to know if this is the laptops original harddrive with which it was sold back then in store The reason i ask myself this question is that this notebook has been with me for a while and i can't remember if i ever changed the harddrive of it or not This problem gets more aggravated as i just found a GB harddrive of the company Toshiba here and i can not remember of which notebook i would have removed that I found this might be in german http www toshiba de discontinued-p lite-a - l Here it is written that this notbook comes with a GB harddrive although the manufacturer of it is not mentioned On the other hand http www amazon de TOSHIBA-Satelli dp B EOKI Based on this link it seems that there are official GB harddrives for this notebook as well I know this might be a strange question but i am pretty sure that some of you got an answer for me here Thank you in advance and best regards

A:Which HDD-brand is usually build into a Satellite A200-29L originally?

Maybe it sounds stupid now but it is not possible to find such information. All we can find is the HDD capacity. In the notebook specification is not mention which brand is the HDD.

Maybe someone with identical notebook model can help you.

Anyway, you can exchange or upgrade HDD anytime you want. All you need is SATA HDD (SATA connector).
Satellite A200 is pretty old notebook model but what you can do is to upgrade it with SSD and install Win7 32bit. Believe me you will be surprised how fast this old piece of hardware can be.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83200-Which-HDD-brand-is-usually-build-into-a-Satellite-A200-29L-originally
Relevancy 53.75%

I just built a brand new Asrock x99m Extreme4 & Intel i7 5820k, EVGA 970 GTX with Dell u3415w and 16g of ram.

Trying to install win7 64 and it gets to the final step of installtion and then BOOM BSOD

I've had nothing but issues with win7 for the last 6 months, on my old build continually crashing and now this brand new high end build and it still wont install.

What info is needed to find out what the problem is and how can I fix it so I can install win7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390831-brand-new-x99-i7-build-getting-bsod-upon-final-installation.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all I've just assembled my first build and after having many difficulties getting it to even boot Brand-new at freezes build; loading screen... XP it's finally booted but now Windows XP doesn't quite seem ready to see me through completion Initially the Windows installation would continuously stop in the middle of copying the files giving me blue screens with error messages such as quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I removed two out of my four RAM modules and the copying seemed to finish just fine The system automatically rebooted but now it locks right at the Windows XP loading screen right after the third time the little Brand-new build; XP freezes at loading screen... blue dots run across the bar underneath the XP logo I am utterly Brand-new build; XP freezes at loading screen... stumped I have read through threads with similar problems and some have mentioned that driver conflicts could cause the locking problem however since I'm unable to get past the loading screen I'm unaware of any way I could diagnose or fix a driver problem My system's components are as follows Motherboard Soyo SY-P PE Plus Dragon v Processor Intel E GHz HT RAM Kingston DRR SDRAM currently two MB modules in place Optical drive plain ol' DVD x drive Video Radeon X Pro MB HD GB S-ATA OS Windows XP Home w SP OEM version Standard keyboard and mouse are in PS slots there is nothing in any USB port I suspect the problem may lay with a particular BIOS setting or two but I have no clue To install Windows I had to alter the BIOS slightly so that the system would boot from the CD first after the files finished copying I've since tried having it boot from the HD first but with no luck It keeps locking up at the exact same place I'm at my wit's end with the darned thing and I'm about to take it over to a technician and throw myself at his or her feet But before I go blow a hundred bucks on a tech if any of you have any ideas or suggestions I'd be much obliged -

A:Brand-new build; XP freezes at loading screen...

Hi TBear,
A few things:

Did you install the Sata Drivers when you installed WinXP?

Check your RAM sticks try them in slots A1 & B1 or even just one in A1 then you can install the others once Windows is installed.

Clear your CMOS, set your bios to default and set your boot device to either CD or Hard Drive, see if it works or try to re-install WinXP.

Don't give up, I had a little hard time setting up mine... Suddenly, WinXP just installed very smoothly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/brand-new-build-xp-freezes-at-loading-screen-38362.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys,

I put together my first build today consisting of:

Intel Core i5-4690K
8GB Ram
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
Zotac GTX970 4GB

I can't get Aero to work and when I troubleshoot it in the Personalization window, it says that my video card does not support it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/380873-windows-aero-not-working-brand-new-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I've had a pc built 2 days ago. Specs are:
AMD A10 5800K
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
8GB Kingston
XFX Radeon 6850
XFX 650W PSU

Everything is brand new except for the PSU and GPU. Everything seems to be running well, playing games and watching videos and stuff, but my temperatures are extremely high for my CPU. It idles at 60-65 degrees Celsius and when I am running games it goes up to 80-100 degrees Celsius! I haven't tried OC'ing and also I'm using the stock cooler. I've been using HWMonitor to monitor the temperature. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 53.75%

A few weeks ago i build an entire new gaming desktop. At first all was fine but recently i started getting different blue screens.

The errors i have gotten are
0x000007e
0x000001e
0x0000050

I have run 8 passes of memtest86+ with no errors. Attached are a zip of my dmp files.

Thanks.

A:Multiple BSOD errors on brand new build.

Welcome aboard.

upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
From your recent crashes, we can say that those are drive related. Update your display driver (I got an nvidia update today) update the audio driver, too!
And, Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257832-multiple-bsod-errors-brand-new-build.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This is a brand new build that I completed a few days ago and from cold different build Brand new BSODS - a boot I'm pretty baffled I've done almost everything in Brand new build - different BSODS from a cold boot my knowledge to fix the issue Uninstalled drivers one at a time unplugged my additional SSD and HDD drive I've re-seated my RAM reset BIOS downgraded BIOS too A lot of the BSOD's I'm getting are - Memory management Kernel security check thread Possibly one more I cannot remember Here is the part list of all my components that I've used in this build Intel Core i - K Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - System Build - PCPartPicker Edit here are some things I've done since I've removed my SSD that had Win installed on it plugged in another SSD and installed Win on it I got two good boots from being turned off for about mins or so After that I've left the PC off for a good two hours come back to turn it off and I get a vicious cycle of quot Critical Process Died quot

A:Brand new build - different BSODS from a cold boot

Hello Undead77 welcome to the forum. You have 2 dump files

Code:
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption
could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: ffffd000222af320, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd000222af278, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
Debugging Details:
and

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff800aa4e4187, 0, 7067444d}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asmtxhci.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asmtxhci.sys
Probably caused by : asmtxhci.sys ( asmtxhci+4187 )
That is your Asmedia USB 3.0 driver Please go to your motherboard's web site and download that driver from MSI. You also have Driver Verifier enabled. Please disable it for right now.

Please fill out the rest of your system specs in as much detail as possible, including your Hard drives, PSU and CPU cooler. Maybe this will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs
   Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32726-brand-new-build-different-bsods-cold-boot.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I just built a new computer all parts work with each other and it is put together right When i push the power button it turns on and quot acts quot like it is goin to boot but then crashes for about seconds no power what so ever then quot by it self quot turns brand new boot crashes custom build for 5 about up seconds. on back on and boots up to the quot boot from cd press enter quot screen no O S installed yet which is also another issue but i will post that in the software section - for some brand new custom build crashes on boot up for about 5 seconds. reason when i put the O S disk it it gets through the files being loaded part but when it gets to the part where it says starting brand new custom build crashes on boot up for about 5 seconds. windows and then the next screen quot should be quot the license agreement the screen goes black and nothing else happens If anyone has ever experienced this or might know what it is that is causing this please let me know -Build- CPU i bloomfield Mobo EVGA e -a way sli GPU EVGA gtx Ram CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Hard drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB Powersupply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS -ACAAE -US W ATX V v Case COOLER MASTER HAF Monitor SAMSUNG EX X Glossy Black quot ms LED Backlight LCD Monitor

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/281490-brand-new-custom-build-crashes-boot-up-about-5-seconds.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have bought a new 244E Philips screen with built-in speakers but it doesn't work I have tried everything now please ca someone run me through the steps or have the same problem and have a solution.

A:Philips Brand New screen build in sound does not work, HELP!!!

Did you install it's drivers. It is located in the installation CD
You can download the driver here: http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...00_dw7_eng.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/86979-philips-brand-new-screen-build-sound-does-not-work-help.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello The last two times I've posted here were regarding some personal PC issues but now this problem extends to a friend A friend and I just finished building a gaming PC for him Part list is located here http pcpartpicker com p L TN A little background on this build the BIOS on the motherboard was incompatible with his CPU so we put the CPU from my rig into his installed the OS onto the Samsung SSD then updated the BIOS When we put the k back into his PC it booted just fine albeit for an SSD it was very slow which is a separate issue To my knowledge Windows installed correctly No errors in the installation process no errors during the BIOS flash it runs just fine aside from the slow boot The SSD is listed as the Windows a drive brand 8.1 formatting new hard build new on not C drive and has all the capabilities of a normal hard drive Windows 8.1 not formatting a new hard drive on brand new build The entire OS is on there I have the same Samsung running Windows boots up in about - seconds I also have the same Seagate HDD and had no problems turning it into a single partition and formatting it again on Windows On his PC the Seagate is recognized under the device manager and it shows up in the disk management interface It can't be used of course because it's not formatted It also shows up in the sata ports in the BIOS However the Seagate HDD will not format through the disk management interface The memory partition is healthy and the capacity seems to be correct but every attempt to format NTFS will simply error out with 'the drive cannot be formatted' or something At first after doing some troubleshooting we checked the BIOS and only his SSD and optical drive were showing up in the ports So I had him switch to a different sata port and now it is showing up in the BIOS as well However it will still not format His BIOS time is around seconds on start up whereas mine on my laptop with no SSD is around And it runs more start up processes with a slightly older CPU I've exhausted all my knowledge and I'm beginnign to wonder if the drive is broken or if the sata cable is bad What else could be preventing a new HDD formatting Is there a chance we screwed something up in the BIOS All of our attempts to format the HDD were using the 'quick format' option Later attempts were without this but it would run for an absurdely long time with nothing apparently happening He's going to check out a PC repair place tomorrow and hopefully get an HDD diagnostic

A:Windows 8.1 not formatting a new hard drive on brand new build

In his bios setup screen there should be an option to ' load performace defaults'

Did you install the motherboard drivers after windows 8?

If you think it could be the cable .. Try a different one?  Make sure you didnt connect his sata drive to any RAID connector on the motherboard.  It should be put in SATA 1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563392/windows-81-not-formatting-a-new-hard-drive-on-brand-new-build/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have experienced 12 BSOD's since I built this computer this past Sunday. It usually happens when I restart the machine. This computer is my first build, so I do not have much troubleshooting experience when it comes to computers at all.

Attached is a zip of the Dmp files.

ps. I am running windows 7 home premium.

A:BSOD on brand new build BCCode 50. Windows 7 hm prem

Quote: Originally Posted by RAWhitelock

I have experienced 12 BSOD's since I built this computer this past Sunday. It usually happens when I restart the machine. This computer is my first build, so I do not have much troubleshooting experience when it comes to computers at all.

I tried to attach the minidump file (or at least one of the 12), but my computer said I do not have permission to share the file. I have attached a screenshot of what it said. How do I change permissions so that I can attach the minidump files for you all to look at? Thanks for the help in advance!

ps. I am running windows 7 home premium.

If you drag it to the desktop you can zip it there.

let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80163-bsod-brand-new-build-bccode-50-windows-7-hm-prem.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, im not sure if this is the right section but here we go;

i5 4690k, MSI Z97 PC MATE mobo, 212 evo cooler, MSI GTX 970, basic 8gb ram,Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze psu

The main problem im having is random restarts. For instance i just ran heaven benchmark and my PC randomly reset itself after it had completed.(Which would suggest it was under load or struggling with power? But this has also happend when idle) I watched the temps of my card and cpu (60-64 for my card and 30-35 for my CPU). Everything appears to be working fine, fans etc. But upon restarting it came to the windows logo screen, then restarted again, and again until it shut off completely and would not turn on for around 30 seconds. What could be the problem with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

A:Brand new Build. Random restarts under load and idle

Hi Randy44

Welcome to seven forums. If I were an Admin I would move your post to the BSOD thread.
http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/

Those guys seem likely to be better equipped for the issues you're raising here. May I suggest you try your luck there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/358701-brand-new-build-random-restarts-under-load-idle.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Folks,

I've built a lot of computers. Really. Now, I'm stumped.

My buddy bought some components and I helped him put them together. Everything is brand new.

Mobo: asus H87-Plus
CPU: intel i5
Ram: 2x 4gb Gskill DDR 1600mhz
Harddrive: Samsung Evo 840
DVD: Asus of some variety

The bios works. Everything spins up, the mouse/keyboard work, etc.

Installing the Windows 7 install dvd and rebooting starts the install process. However, it stops with an error message which is something along the lines of "Windows couldn't find the driver. If you have an install CD it's okay to remove the windows installation disk to find the driver."

I =wish= I knew which driver it was missing!!!

I put the mobo disk in, browsed, and found dozens upon dozens of drivers. I have no idea if the missing driver is among them.

I do -not- have his machine hooked up to the internet: would that help?

Thank you,
Ken

A:Brand new build. Windows 7 install hangs on drivers?

Is the Windows installation disk an ordinary retail purchased item from a standard store like Newegg, Best Buy, Amazon?

Or something else? Is it burned? Burned from a Digital River ISO?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/331920-brand-new-build-windows-7-install-hangs-drivers.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey everyone I am at a complete loss of what to do now I just purchased a new build listed below and cannot figure out why I am getting BSOD, random anytime build, freezes, no new happens Brand random hard freezes There is no blue screen of death just hard freeze required restart I get Brand new build, random freezes, no BSOD, happens anytime about - a day GIGABYTE GA-H MA-D V LGA Intel H SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Seagate Barracuda ST DM GB RPM Brand new build, random freezes, no BSOD, happens anytime SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive G SKILL Value Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNT Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply XFX AMD Radeon HD M GB DDR DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI PCI-E Video Card HD AZHFC I am running low on time as my one month for newegg returns runs out soon I lost a week having to RMA the hard disk already as the first one that came was DOA I have performed furmark for minutes no failure Memtest overnight no failure Seagate tools passed test didnt do thorough long test Prime CPU small FFT for hours no problem Prime CPU blend for hours no problem I have tried reinstalling windows and I have updated the BIOS I do not know what to do now any tips would be great

A:Brand new build, random freezes, no BSOD, happens anytime

Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:
Click Start Menu
Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
Expand Custom Views
Click Administrative Events
Right click Administrative Events
Save all Events in Custom View As...
Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230844-brand-new-build-random-freezes-no-bsod-happens-anytime.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Some older parts is what I meant to include in the title Using option in BSOD posting instructions I've attached while once BSOD gaming, older desktop. some on twice Brand build, new the requested file This is a new build Almost a week old though it uses some older parts from a previous build RAM and storage to be specific and in that time I've had three BSOD crashes The latest of which was about minutes ago while on the desktop BSOD twice while gaming, once on desktop. Brand new build, some older Two BSOD's happened while playing games one last night with Wasteland attempting to experiment with Nvidia's new dynamic super resolution feature in the drivers and another several days ago while playing another game I run the program MSI Afterburner as a monitoring tool so that I can take a peek at on my second monitor while I game and keep an eye on my machines performance I suspect Afterburner may be the issue however I cannot say for sure Any information that could point me in the right direction would be very much appreciated

A:BSOD twice while gaming, once on desktop. Brand new build, some older

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
At least, dont let Killer Network manager to start with windows.

Let us know for any further BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bflwfx64.sys
***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.
Probably caused by : bflwfx64.sys ( bflwfx64+9250 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358585-bsod-twice-while-gaming-once-desktop-brand-new-build-some-older.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Last weekend I built my first home theater PC It was a lot of fun and everything went smooth until I started getting the Blue Screen of Death It seems to happen after it wakes up from sleep S It's not always a BSOD but sometimes its a black screen nothing After restarting machine it's usually ok This is a Mini ITX machine with the following components I purchased everything from NewEgg and all the parts arrived together and everything was built at once on the same day Saturday Jan th So all the following components are all brand new Case Silverstone SG - Mini ITX watt PSU Motherboard Biostar TH ITX Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Solid State Drive SanDisk Ultra SDSSDH- G-G quot GB SATA II Internal SSD Optical Drive Sony Optiarc Black X BD-ROM new ... Screen Sleep after (Brand Death build) custom Blue of X DVD-ROM X CD-ROM SATA Slim Internal mm Slot Blu-ray Combo Model BC- H- Below is my minidump file C Windows MiniDump HELP Thanks Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version Blue Screen of Death after Sleep ... (Brand new custom build) X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File G Blue Screen of Death after Sleep ... (Brand new custom build) - Blue Screen of Death after Sleep ... (Brand new custom build) - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c XPsymbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Wed Jan UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff ad fffff cecea Probably caused by win k sys win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff ad Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff cecea Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape fffff ad b mov rdx qword ptr rbp CONTEXT fffff cecea -- cxr xfffff cecea rax fffff ced c rbx rcx fffff c ff d rdx fffff c c rsi rdi fffff c ff d rip fffff ad rsp fffff ced rbp r b e r dd r r fffff ced b r r fffff c c r fffff c c r iopl nv up ei pl nz na pe nc cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape x fffff ad b mov rdx qword ptr rbp ss Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME dwm exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to fffff ad STACK TEXT fffff ced win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape x FOLLOWUP IP win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape fffff ad b mov rdx qword ptr rbp SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME win k IMAGE NAME win k sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP ecdcd a STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff cecea kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X x B win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape BUCKET ID X x B win k SFMLOGICALSURFACE SetShape Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Blue Screen of Death after Sleep ... (Brand new custom build)

Sorry you are having problems.

Please do the following:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207740-blue-screen-death-after-sleep-brand-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I just built this new system and I was able to install w bit but i can't get into windows for more then sec Usually blue screen before windows even loads I can boot into safe mode and navigate around with no blue screen ever coming Here is what I have in the computer as of now MSI X-Power mobo GB OCZ Revodrive SSD gonna be my OS drive Gskill ripjaw series ram only ' ' gb stick as of the installed hardware new BSOD (124 brand code) basic only build now i have GB total PNY Quadro FX MB Video Card DVD burner Kingwin W power supply Other info I have not updated bios yet When I do go into bios the ram doesn't detect at the proper speeds It sets timings to - - - BSOD (124 code) brand new build only the basic hardware installed when the ram i have is - - - and sets to mhz when the ram i have is I've tried keeping it and manually changing it Blue screen either way I returned the Ram for replacement No change I'm thinking its either the mobo or the SSD but im not sure Would be incredibly grateful if anyone could help me get this system going Don't want to waste g's on this

A:BSOD (124 code) brand new build only the basic hardware installed

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Because your timings are being set improperly, I'm thinking that the memory may be incompatible with your motherboard. Consult the X-Power's QVL (Qualified Vendor List) in the manual to make sure your memory is compatible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-124-code-brand-new-build-only-the-basic-hardware-installed-553245.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I just recently put together and brand new computer build and while in the process of trying to download some programs to it I think I was infected.

This is very frustrating since it is a completely new computer.

I ran Malwarebytes and it discovered several (over 150) infected files, some being Trojans. It quarantined them and I rebooted. Every time I reboot now it discovers 2 "Hijack.Host System32/driver files that are marked as malware.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me on how to make sure my registry is clean and the malware really was removed. I would hate to already be infected only 2 days into a fresh build.

Thanks,

K

A:Possible Malware Hijack.Host system32 on Brand New Computer Build

I forgot to add that when I noticed the pop ups, I immediately restarted into Safe Mode and uninstalled as many as the unknown suspicious programs that I could. This fixed the pop ups but now I'm worried about the Hijack.Host files that malware is still picking up.

Thanks,

K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626816/possible-malware-hijackhost-system32-on-brand-new-computer-build/
Relevancy 52.46%

Running Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Don't have much installed yet other than Windows and some drivers and essential programs. Two of them occurred after about 15 minutes of prime95, but since then I've run prime95 for hours with no issue (temps have never gone about 60 degrees - isn't OCed yet, and using NH-D14 cooler). Other two occurred when I wasn't really doing anything, just web browsing. Updated mobo bios and crucial m4 ssd firmware, ran the windows memory test, double-checked the seating on the ram.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Don't want to start tweaking any settings or installing more stuff until I can get this resolved. Thanks for any assistance!

A:Brand new build, 4 BSOD in first couple days, no OC or computer strain

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228606-brand-new-build-4-bsod-first-couple-days-no-oc-computer-strain.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I was forced into building a new PC a few weeks ago because the Chipset Fan on my Brand Like unable Rain Slicked... the and run games simple to CSI On New Build old ASUS Motherboard completely locked up and burned out and I m not yet brave enough to pry the sucker off and try putting something back on Needed the upgrade anyways So I drove to my usual Brand New Build unable to run simple games Like CSI and On the Rain Slicked... place of business bought a new Motherboard a new CPU new RAM and a new Video Card I reformatted and fresh installed on Brand New Build unable to run simple games Like CSI and On the Rain Slicked... my previous gig harddrive went through and did all the good little things you should do like downloaded all the windows updates installed all the updated drivers I could find etc etc This is my th PC build and I m perplexed by this odd behavior that I now have I play World of Warcraft shocker right and for the most part my PC performs beautifully when I m playing it I also enjoy fun little short - hour games like the CSI Series Paradise and new On the Rain Slicked Precipice by Penny Arcade When I first reinstalled all these games I realized that the mov files on my first CSI game didn t work I unstalled and reinstalled and checked my Quicktime installs and could not get it to work No big deal i figured it was the oldest of the games and was not surprised that maybe it didn t work with the new video card and it s drivers All of the other titles work fine I started up On the Rain Slicked Precipice Ep and had it finished again in about or so hours Decided to start up On the Rain Slicked Precipice Ep And suddenly the game was locked up and unresponsive and I had to Alt Ctrl Del and manually End Program to get back to my Desktop Odd because the Ep game worked on my previous PC And I have begun to notice that WoW when I first start it up will Error Crash on me and I have to restart my whole Machine The system only allows me enough time to see Error has occured Fatal Exception and that it s occuring around x E BDC then the system shuts off BUT WoW will only give me this type of error if I say start the machine check emails go to work allow the machine to go to screensaver and then come home and bring the screen back up That is the ONLY time this error will occur If perchance I start WoW immediately after starting up the machine everything is completely fine Screensaver is the only common element in each of these crashes If I do not allow the machine to go to screensaver I m fine when it comes to WoW The other games still don t work and I ve done everything the Game Providers have asked of me and I still can t get them to work i e update drivers rollback drivers hell one even told me to uninstall Service Pack and it still hasn t done the trick for CSI or On the Rain Slicked Precipice Ep I m almost afraid to start up Paradise my fav in fear I won t get to play it through again I have done no Overclocking of the system I m still around an Intermediate Level and its not like I have a pressing need for Overclocking anyway I have all the case fans set to high and I ve double checked that all of the Fans are running but it doesn t seem like an overheating issue the system runs quietly and I can feel the cool air hitting my ankle from one of the fan holes near the ground I have run to the end of my experience and I m unsure how about to fix this problem without having to take it to the only place in town that repairs and i loathe to even think about taking it to Best Buy but I m outta ideas Any insight or ideas about what I could do to remedy the situation would be greatly appreciated Oh P S I m on Windows XP SP at the moment system specs are as follows ASUS Motherboard the version of which eludes me now AMD Athalon X Dual Core ghz RAM gig Kingston Sticks GIG Maxtor Hard Drive w a Terabyte Seagate backup drive NVIDA GeForce GT previously had a NVIDA GeForce in old machine nbsp

A:Brand New Build unable to run simple games Like CSI and On the Rain Slicked...

And the power supply you used for the system is...? And not just the advertized wattage, the whole model or at least brand and max combined output on 12 V rail(s).

When you first installed XP, did you install the motherboard chipset drivers first?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-build-unable-to-run-simple-games-like-csi-and-on-the-rain-slicked.840342/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Did a lot of searching googling and testing before this post if you find the solution that I missed then I freaking love you I just put together a new Intel build for my GF for one reason Sims She loads up Sims and in game there are what appears to Brand PC lines build Screen / New Scan for | Win7 Tearing Video Games be scan lines or possibly screen tears They are prevalent in all kinds of environments Scan lines / Screen Tearing for Video Games | Win7 Brand New PC build in game and make Scan lines / Screen Tearing for Video Games | Win7 Brand New PC build the game unplayable for her I have been trying to fix this for a week now to no avail Here is what I have tried We have the same vid card so I switched them out Updated ALL drivers for MB VGA BIOS Win mostly through the manufacturer websites Enabled Vsync and Triple Buffer in the VGA control panel Forced the VGA to max graphics through the Nvidia Control Center for a theory that the PC is rendering faster than the monitor can refresh I have ran another game and the lines are still present Tried underclocking the VGA since it is shipped OC d We have ran the game on my PC with the same monitor NO LINES Again NO LINES WHEN ON MY PC WITH SAME MONITOR AND VGA Still lines on hers I have tried all these things before posting this Thank you so much for helping me figure this out On to the specs The monitor is a Viewsonic vs Specs on geeks com http www geeks com details asp i -R amp cat MON So its a W corsair power supply remember when I said we have the same card I run a or W PS on my PC PC Specs from the Win Experience Index screen Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Memory RAM GB Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer MSI Model MS- Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Media drive D CD DVD Media drive E CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Total available graphics memory MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution x DirectX version DirectX Please help this whole thing went smoothly until this issue Im almost in the clear of her having her own PC just for her games and I just gotta figure this issue out Thanks guys nbsp

A:Scan lines / Screen Tearing for Video Games | Win7 Brand New PC build

Welcome to TSG Hazey.

It might be basic, but have you tried running the program in compatibility mode? Rightclick the icon, choose properties, compatibility, then run it as WinXP SP3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scan-lines-screen-tearing-for-video-games-win7-brand-new-pc-build.1039751/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, since the power of my Y3P with display at max birghtness does not hold very long it would like to build a powerbank for it. Since the Power Adapter is 20V 2A I wonder if I could put 4 x 5V (2A) Power Banks in serial and have 20V and enough amps to fuel the Y3P. I also ordered a cable with the right plug to connect to the Y3P. However it has 3 wires inside. When mesuaring with a meter one is ground and two deliver about 5V. How could that be? How would you wire it to power the Y3P. Does anyone has any idea?PS: I know this is gonna wipe warranty. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Build-a-power-pack-with-4-5V-Power-Banks-f%C3%BCr-Yoga-3-Pro/td-p/3445652
Relevancy 50.74%

HI i was wondering if the power supply brand matters or if it is just the watts that i need to watch when getting a supply

A:Power supply brand

Yes, the brand definitely matters. It's like cars. You can get a Chevy or You can get a Lexus. They'll both get you where you want to go. But which one is more likely to keep going longer without a problem?

As with all things, "you get what you pay for."

See articles below:
Fried Power Supply
15 Power Supplies
High Power

I've always liked Antec power supplies myself. Quiet and reliable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-supply-brand.218688/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power-up-cases-power-supply-or-mb.206259/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm about to buy a video card upgrade, a BFG GeForce 6600GTOC (AGP), and it says it requires a 350w power supply. I currently only have a 250w so need to upgrade I guess. Can anyone recomend a good one? I don't want a hugely expensive one, but don't want a cheap crappy one either. Just a middle of the road to get the job done. This is a P4 1.5, 768mb, 2 hard drives, 1 optical drive, 1 floppy, a network card, and a sound card. Nothing special in the case. Thank you.

Relevancy 49.88%

So basically I unplugged it from the socket because I needed to rearrange chords for space and once I replugged it in, it just simply does not boot or power on. The green light on the motherboard is on and I didn't turn off the PC when I unplugged it. Did I fry the PSU? Really need some help.

Thanks

A:Brand new pc wont boot or power on after I unplugged it

Something you might overlook. There's a switch on the PSU. Did you accidentally switch it off ?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/66640-brand-new-pc-wont-boot-power-after-i-unplugged.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I just received a brand new S6500 wireless speaker, but it simply does not power up. If I plug in the USB cable to a charger, I don't even get the light to turn on. No button responds, the on/off button at the base of the device has no effect. Any suggestion before I return it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Brand-New-S6500-Wireless-Speaker-Does-Not-Power-Up/td-p/5610280
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey,
Just purchased a brand new Inspiron 15-5559 from Dell and right out of the box it will not power up.  When connected to AC power, the LED power light on the front edge of the laptop lights up for 1 sec then goes off.  Nothing else happens.  
I have tried removing the battery, discharging the laptop (hold power button down for 15 sec), using AC power with no battery, and still nothing.
Need help as this is a business use laptop, and work is now not getting done....
I have tried to contact Dell, but support is not open and online chat is also closed....
Thanks!

A:Brand new Inspiron 15-5559 fails to power up right out of the box

Hi SMACKER70,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Click on the below link and check if any of the troubleshooting steps helps:
http://dell.to/28LNNJB
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983764
Relevancy 49.88%

Have an issue with my computer not turning on A couple of days ago it shut down on me in the middle of web browsing It would not turn back on I noticed my power button LED light stayed lit I completely unplugged the computer and then plugged back in The LED light was now off I then pressed power and it turned on After minutes the computer shut off again LED light came back on I waited til the next day to try again but was unsuccesful I thought that I had blown my power supply I replaced the power supply with a new one and the computer would Computer not turn brand supply on, is will new power still not turn on At this point I am puzzled by what it would be I just Computer will not turn on, power supply is brand new so happened to have another MOBO and I swapped the two MOBOs and still nothing There is a small square light on the MOBOs themselves that come on when the Computer will not turn on, power supply is brand new power supply is connected Not sure what it means Since swapping the MOBOs didnt do anything I bought another CPU After installing it I get nothing I really need to get this fixed fast Any suggestions Why would the power LED light stay on This is happening with both mobos FYI Its an Intel PERL mobo with an Intel Pentium HT processor Socket nbsp

A:Computer will not turn on, power supply is brand new

call the company

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-turn-on-power-supply-is-brand-new.144347/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I bought a brand new HP Pavilion dv6t 1300 CTO computer for my wife. I installed microsoft office 2007, norton 360, and the printer drivers with little or no problem twice. I had to completely restore the computer once for this same problem and it seems that it came back after a window update. I will post my dump file with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I am running:

Window 7 Home Premium x64
Intel Core Duo Processor
4 GB Ram

Thanks!

-Jason

A:Brand New Computer...Driver Power State Failure

The dump file blames hpdskflt.sys - component of your HP Mobile Data Protection System Disk Filter

Please uninstall that program from your system. If you'd like to continue using it, please download a fresh copy from the HP website. Here's an article with a bunch of suggestions: http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1148372

Also, Please update or remove these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager. Please use the following instructions to locate the most current drivers:

Quote:

How To Find Updated Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

Here's the older drivers:

Code:
adp94xx.sys Fri Dec 05 18:54:42 2008 - Adaptec Windows SAS/SATA Storport Driver
adpahci.sys Tue May 01 13:30:09 2007 - Adaptec Windows SATA Storport Driver
adpu320.sys Tue Feb 27 19:04:15 2007 - Adaptec StorPort Ultra320 SCSI Driver
arc.sys Thu May 24 17:27:55 2007 - Adaptec RAID Storport Driver
iirsp.sys Tue Dec 13 16:47:54 2005 - Intel Raid StorPort Driver
lsi_fc.sys Tue Dec 09 17:46:09 2008 - LSI Logic Fusion-MPT FC Driver
nfrd960.sys Tue Jun 06 17:11:48 2006 - IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver
SiSRaid2.sys Wed Sep 24 14:28:20 2008 - SiS RAID Stor Miniport Driver
sisraid4.sys Wed Oct 01 17:56:04 2008 - SiS AHCI Stor-Miniport Driver
I wonder about the construction of this system due to the large number of different disk controllers loaded. Do you have all of these controllers installed? If so, you could be having hardware problems or conflicts between the controllers. If not, then there's a lot of extra stuff loading that's not needed. Knowing that it's an HP, I'd suspect that they're just loading extra stuff to keep their system images simple.

Summary of the BSOD:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat Jan 9 19:57:05.946 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:55:57.787
BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8003d1e040, fffff80000b9c4d0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hpdskflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hpdskflt.sys
Probably caused by : hpdskflt.sys ( hpdskflt+2b9b )
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/brand-new-computer-driver-power-state-failure-450132.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi i recently built my new computer everthing was going find unti the 8/6/2010 when i started to get problems and blue screens and freezes

i tried using windows debugger to see what the issue was but i dont know the path for the symbols

anyway i will upload the mindump i hope there is nothing wrong with any hardware as i say its brand new only built this computer in june so its very new

i only recall having these issues after downloading something which contained a virus could a virus cause kernel power errors

i hope its something easily fixed and i hope anyone who hacks me dies from cancer
as i am incredibly sick of crack like this if its a microsoft issue would they please make windows 7 stronger

as i find windows 7 weak against viruses and there should never be any kernel power errors i like the days of xp when thing worked

A:ntoskrnl causing kernel power errors on brand new pc

Hi there,

Can you please follow this instruction to post your dmp, the reason is because we want more dmp to give you more definite result.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Based on the dmp that you post, it looks like your Diamondback USB Optical Mouse Driver is acting improperly, please download and install fresh copy of it.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\TUANTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.742\080610-19281-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*e:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c4b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e88e50
Debug session time: Fri Aug 6 15:58:51.259 2010 (UTC + 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:38:54.570
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000047, fffff80002ce9ef8, 0, fffff88003fc13c4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\DB3G.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for DB3G.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for DB3G.sys
Probably caused by : DB3G.sys ( DB3G+1ba3 )

---------
Let us know if you need help

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/107622-ntoskrnl-causing-kernel-power-errors-brand-new-pc.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys Have started building a new computer I am having problems getting it to boot up at all and the evidence would suggest that this is either a PSU or MOBO issue The PSU provides more than enough all on PC build won't New at power Volts for the MOBO so there is no issue of underpowering here I have used the paper clip test for the PSU and I was able to get the fan to turn doing so The processor is inside the MOBO along with the heatsink and the CPU FAN cable which has been connected to the CPU FAN male connector I have verified that the PSU is connnected that the mains power supply is ok checked it with a lamp working fine and also that all the various connectors such as the ATX headed cable is inserted properly as is the cable I have visually and manually verified that they are all inserted fully and without any gap This is now the second motherboard I New PC build won't power on at all have used I purchased the mobo online from a reputable seller who tested the old one and then sent me a replacement However the same issue has reared its head once again It is also worth noting that I have assembled the computer in a house where there was no carpets or rugs There is wooden flooring and ceramic tiles everywhere I have touched the components only New PC build won't power on at all after grounding myself I am at a loss here guys is it the MOBO or the PSU hour ago - days left to answer Additional Details Do I need to insert speakers for the beeps Don t have any I use headphones Would that work I do not have the video card hard drives or ram inserted or a monitor It is just the PSU MOBO and the Processor Given that the components are NOT within the chassis at present I can safely rule out a short in the circuit In short I am uncertain and unequipped to verify whether it is the PSU or MOBO Please help Given that previously I assembled the entire machine including the video card ram etc installed with absolutely no response I thought it would be better to start from the beginning work my way up and verify that each part was working before moving on nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

With encouragement from a friend who works alot with computers I decided to build my own computer this past week as I wanted a desktop but didn t want to spend much money So I bought ATX ILG- PSU MSi H M-E Motherboard MSi R MD H Video Card i - LGA Sandy Bridge CPU and of course a case a had drive and a DVD drive So I put this thing together today Following the motherboard s manual I was pleasently suprised to see that it was very easy to put together Then I tried powering it up and nothing happened I figured it was a DOA power supply so I bought another one Tried powering this one up and nothing happened I do however hear a high-pitched staticy sounding noise coming from the PSU when it s on so I imagine that New build power? - no s the sound it makes when in V standby mode But yeah nothings happening The front panel LED light doesn t even turn on I ve followed the wires New build - no power? to the front of the case and I ve triple checked with the manual to make sure they are oriented correctly in the JFP socket I ve triple-checked to make sure the PSU is securely in both the -pin and the -pin sockets New build - no power? on the motherboard along with being hooked up to the DVD and hard drives So I don t know Is it most likely the motherboard then In my novice stupidity did I somehow accidently introduce it to static electricity and kill it Does static electricity really do that so easily I dunno Boo nbsp

A:New build - no power?

This sounds suspiciously like a dead motherboard. But the noise from the PSU it not something I have heard before.

Strip the PC back to the bare minimum of components so all you have connected is the mobo, PSU, monitor (use the onboard graphics if it has any) and the on/off reset switch. Remove the RAM, hard drive, CD drive/s, keyboard speakers etc. This should give you the POST screen when you switch it on. If it does not do that then the mobo or CPU is faulty. I would then return both of them for replacement.

It is possible that you have accidentally caused some damage from static, you should always earth yourself when touching anything inside a PC and the wearing or a wrist strap attached to an earth point is highly recommended, they are not expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-no-power.164812/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

Just in the process of building a gaming rig but having problems getting the computer to power up.

Details
mobo - gigabyte Z77-D3H
Processor - i5 3450
Memory - Kingston hyper x DDR3 1600mhz CL9
PSU - powercool x-viper 450W and generic 650w
case - Zalman Z5
Hard drive - Kingston hyper x 3k SSD 120gb

Info
- Tested powercool PSU using antec PSU tester - pass
- Changed over to generic 650w PSU with no power on button. plugged in and hit case power on button to make sure that i had all the connectors in correctly. PSU fans powered up but still nothing through the CPU, no fan, no post.
- removed motherboard from case (possible shorting issues??) again PSU powers up but nothing from the CPU or fan and no posting bleeps?
- added post test card but returns 00 no errors.

Help and comments appreciated.

A:new build - no power to CPU i5 3450

Check the 24 pin power connector to make sure its being fully inserted. Same way with CPU Power (8 pin).

You can get a false positive with a PSU tester as it does not test the power supply under load. You could have the correct voltages with no load but under load one or more voltages could fail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/287977-new-build-no-power-cpu-i5-3450-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

The specs will be ASUS A N SLI or ABIT A N SLI abit if the board New Help For build!!! Power Supply ever comes out AMD pin x Ultras vid mem Power Supply Help For New build!!! in sli mode x mb gb Corsair XMS DDR Pc DDR Pc if compatable with Abit Mother Board x gb Western Digital HDDs in Raid x LiteOn CDR RW Combo DVD x LiteOn CDR RW DVDR RW x Floppy x UV Tube x LED Case Fans I was thinking this w http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId But i would like this one b c of the X-Connect Feature with UV Cables look so nice http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId My only concerne with the w it that i will not have enough power And i dont know what the quot Effencey quot of the Ultra Power Supplys are And i have seen on newegg com that the quot Effency quot can be as low a So of the power will be gone meaning you dont rilly have w or w So if any one can help me with this thanks in advance Thanks Da Bob nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Just finished putting together a PC. This is my first time, but I'm pretty confident I know what I'm doing.

Everything connected and I turn on the power button, and nothing.

My only thought is the power supply. The 24 pin connector is missing one of its pins. Is this normal? I took a pic so you can see what I mean. It's like the wire was never put through the hole if you know what I mean.
Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 45.58%

Here are my specs that i ordered from Newegg - - CASE Power with first PC issues build APEVIA ASP X-QBOII-NW-BK - - MB INTEL BOXDH GDB H LGA R - - VGA SAPPHIRE - L HD G R - - CPU INTEL CORE I G M R - - MEM Gx PNY MD KD - R - - CARD READ VANTEC UGT-CR R - - HD T HITACHI HDS C ALA - - DVD BRN ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS - - WIN HOME PREM SP BIT ENG PK - - WL ADPT ROSEWILL RNX-N PCI RTL Hooked it all up plugged in the power cord flipped main power switch on case the only thing that changed was a the LED on the mobo turned on No fans not even the PSU fan turned on I got on the psu site and read some FAQs and they said to use a paperclip to test the PSU one end in the green and Power issues with first PC build one end in the black adjacent still didn Power issues with first PC build t power up Any advice nbsp

A:Power issues with first PC build

That list was hard to read because it is in all capitals. Did your power supply come with your case?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-issues-with-first-pc-build.165038/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently built a gaming computer with the following specs i K OCed to GHz No voltage change Corsair TX power supply ASUS P P Motherboard ASUS GTX Direct CU no over clock just left it at MHz G SKILLS Ripjaw X GB x GB kit MHz - - - V WD Caviar Black RPM GB SATA mb Cache HAF Case Problem The first time I booted my computer everything was fine But when I tried to turn it on the next day after a full shut down it wouldn t turn on with the power button unless I unplug it from the wall socket first After starting my PC would then take me to a screen that says quot Keyboard and Mouse detected press enter to restore your BIOS or Press F to enter settings quot upon pressing build issue power New F it would take me to the normal UEFI interface except all my previous settings are reset to the default values boot order CPU multiplier etc I checked the voltages on my graphics card memory and CPU everything looked ok Motherboard standoffs are installed correctly and so is the I O shield I ve also checked all of my connections they are all connected New build power issue properly I m pretty sure it s not the motherboard battery either since my system timer wasn t messed up so what s the problem I m so frustrated any help would New build power issue be greatly appreciated Edit all drivers are up to date BIOS flashed to most recent one No trouble waking New build power issue from sleep nbsp

A:New build power issue

Make sure the bios are set at defaults... I had a computer with this problem a while back. It was the motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-power-issue.169947/
Relevancy 45.58%

Motherboard: DP35DP
Power: Neopower 650
Case: Antec P182

The pushbutton power switch must be pressed in twice to get the unit to power on.

Calling Antec they say to a) update bios or b) try another power supply or c) change the motherboard.

All of which seems extreme, with everything else ready to go now. I was thinking the "2 step switch" was a safety feature so the unit could not be accidentally turned on but no such luck.

What is the likely problem?

A:new build - power up problem

Re-check all your power and switch connections to the motherboard, unplug then replug them a few times.

If no joy, time to start suspecting a bad case switch, mobo, power supply.

Bios has nothing to do with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-power-up-problem.777763/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone,

I built a new system (or rather am in the process) I just got my mobo (EVGA 680i T1). I took it outta it's box, installed the CPU (core2 duo) and heatstink/fan, and then connected the 24-pin and 8-pin power cables from it's awaiting powersupply (750w).

The standby light came on, then when I press the power button (the board power button) the CPU fan / power supply fan came on for a few seconds, then turned off and now it wont turn on at all, though the standby light remains on.

I already tried to reset the CMOS, I haven't tried pop'n out the battery which I read somewhere might fix it, though it seam unlikely. and I tested the power supply which seams to be running fine.

Anyone have any clue what might be going on, and please don't tell me my shiney new board is toast .

-Thanks,

Relevancy 45.58%

I boot no power New first build just built my new pc and it wont power up no mobo light the fan on the PSU wont turn no anything I am baffled i think its the PSU I have checked for lose cords and even tried another New build first boot no power power switch New build first boot no power from my friends case that i know works I think my PSU came trashed but the box was ok thanks Specs MoBo ASRock H M B LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard PSU Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX New build first boot no power V v EPS V PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR GPU XFX HD- X-ZNFC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W HDD Seagate Momentus XT ST AS GB RPM quot SATA Gb s with NCQ Solid State Hybrid Drive Case COOLER MASTER HAF RC- -KKN Black SECC I also tried booting it with just one stick of RAM the PSU and MoBo Nothing still nbsp

A:New build first boot no power

Check that your system isn't being shorted out by any of the motherboard mounting screws. Try testing outside of the case if in doubt. Other than that it sounds like you could have a DOA component.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-first-boot-no-power.169887/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys I ve spent today building a pc for myself However on pressing the on button there s no reaction at all My machine specs are M B - Gigabyte GA- A-UD Processor - AMD RAM - Corsair Gb DDR Case - Zalman Z Graphics card - Gigabyte HD PSU - Corsair CX M W Wi-fi card also installed but can t remember the name and seem to have temporarily lost the box in a pile of packaging So far I ve checked the CPU and motherboard power sockets the wall plug sockets and the power cord to my PSU I ve also checked the connections between my case and the motherboard and these all appear to be correct on power build PC doesn't As part of this final point I switched the power on LED with the power button they both originate from the same location so thought they may be mixed up Anyhows I got a solid LED which suggests to me that a there s power running through the switch circuit and b the pc isn t booting when told to as a PC build doesn't power on solid LED would indicate PC build doesn't power on circuit completion which would be the equivalent of holding in the on button If anybody could shed any light on where to go next I d be eternally grateful currently searching the house for a paperclip to test the PSU nbsp

A:PC build doesn't power on

Does the CPU and case fans move at all, when pressing the power button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-build-doesnt-power-on.198098/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi i recently build a computer. these are all the parts.

Asus p8z68-v gen3 motherboard
Corairs 650 tx power supply
Gtx 560 ti superclocked graphic card
intel i5 2500k processor
8G of ram
cooler master 212 plus cpu fan
Windows 7 ultimate (64bit)

OK now on to my problem. Every time i shut of my computer and it lasts a few hours off, i need to flip the power supply switch on the back for a few seconds to be able to turn it back on. I don't know what is causing this. I don't know if it is a setting on the bios or something wrong with the power supply. It is not a big problem but it gets kind of annoying after a while. Any help would be appreciated. PLEASE!!

A:Power problems with first build

Try resetting the bios to defaults or try updating the ASUS bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-problems-with-first-build.177492/
Relevancy 45.58%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu.
My specs:

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Please help me

A:New build wont power on

Disconnect everything except the monitor, cpu, ram. In fact, go down to 1 stick of ram. Will it POST now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-wont-power-on.206021/
Relevancy 45.58%

ive just assembled it from scratch but it wont power up surely the PSU should at least power but wont up build, new power pc up when i switch it on buy no nothing happens for testing purposes new pc build, but wont power up i tried pluggin the old PSU into the wall as well but that doesnt even power on i wasnt aware that the PSU had to be connected to the pc hardware to work any ideas also when installing the processor it said to apply thermal grease but i dont have any is this a problem i assume it wouldnt have anything to do with the LED leads as the case i have which has the LED wired differs from the motherboard manual windows xp DABSVAL PSU - creative Inspire T Speakers OEM CRUCIAL GB dimm ddr SDRAM SUMSUNG GB RPM S MB harddrive GeForce GTS MB PCIE XT intel Core Duo E S ghz mb gigabyte S Intel P Express ATX motherboard - there s a cdin socket on the MB Which i could swear has something in it on my old asrock MB should there somethin in there also there s an pin lead which comes out of the PSU but the only place i can see where it fits is the graphics card is this correct heres are the links motherboard - http www dabs com productview asp amp PageMode amp NavigationKey PSU - http www dabs com productview asp Id amp PageMode amp NavigationKey harddrive - http www dabs com productview asp PageMode amp NavigationKey memory - http www dabs com ProductView aspx Quicklinx R L graphics card - http www dabs com ProductView asp gationKey amp InMerch processor - http www dabs com productview asp lectedId amp PageMode amp NavigationKey nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all This question is in regards of what For new Supply? build Power wattage PSU I should use for this build I don t do lan gaming but I do like games I want to play Crysis Case Lian Li V B ThermalTake Armor CM Stacker T- Processor E Conroe Mobo Don t know yet Video Card Nvidia GTX or new release HD s or gig Seagates Sata Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum Pro or Power Supply? For new build newer HSF Thermalright X - when released Floppy Card Reader Two DVD- Burners I will go to water cooling from Swiftech probably a year or so down the road My current system has a PC Power amp Cooling Turbo- Cooled ATX-PFC Deluxe and it has done me right My PC was on one night and I was sleeping a storm hit and I awoke to a burning smell that morning My PSU was fried but it didn t take any of the components with it That smell stayed in the house for three weeks I was personally thinking of a watt PSU but if I m off base here let me know I looked around at PC Power amp Cooling site and didn t see that size Open for advice thanks nbsp

A:Power Supply? For new build

You can get 1000watt psu's now, they arent hard to find, check thermaltake, silverstone, I know they have good ones. 850 would probably be minimal for that thing you're running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-for-new-build.77117/
Relevancy 45.58%

I just built a new i3 SB machine with a gigabit board. It was working fine for 3 dys put win 7 on it, but now all of a sudden it just shuts off as soon as i press the power button.

I took the board out and looked at it and i powered it on outside the case but it still does it. Everything looks kosher to me.

A:New PC build turns off within a sec of power on

Could be a few issues, maybe the power button is getting stuck in and just powering down the machine.
Mobo or PSU might be defective.
What I would do is unplug all hardware and just use the bare minimum and see if it still powers down.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154792-new-pc-build-turns-off-within-sec-power.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone I built this computer about a week ago Asus P Z -V LX Socket Onboard graphics output Channel Audio ATX Intel Core i GHz Socket MB up New Solved: build power won't L Cache Corsair GB x GB DDR MHz XMS Memory Kit CL V unbuffered Seagate GB quot SATA-III Gb s Barracuda Hard Drive RPM MB Cache LiteOn iHAS - x DVD RW DL amp RAM SATA Optical Drive Coolermaster Elite Case With Coolermaster eXtreme Power W PSU PowerColor HD GB DDR DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E It was running great right up to today it could easily run Photoshop web browsing Flash Age of Empires almost max settings and didn t cause any problems Although I noticed a high pitched squeal coming from the GPU Solved: New build won't power up so I searched for solutions on Google I found that it could be a problem of the card not being placed properly so I plugged all the connections out moved it to somewhere with good light and reseated the GPU When I plugged everything back in it wouldn t turn on No fans no nothing But the light on the motherboard Solved: New build won't power up was on After a few attempts of turning the PSU on and off checking the front panel power connectors on the mobo etc it finally managed to start So while Windows was starting I decided to put the side of the case back on and while I was doing this the power was lost again It hasn t started since and I am really worried that there is something badly wrong after reseating the GPU Please help me fix this problem as I am only and was a lot of money to me and I don t want it wasted nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an Abit KN8, AMD 3200 XP, Antec 400w Smart power, 1 Crucial 512 dimm, an ATI 300X PCIe video, a floopy drive, an ide hard drive and a usb mouse and keyboard. All parts are known to be good. As I turn on the power the LED on the board lights, the power supply fan-cpu fan and auxillary fan all spin for just about 2 seconds and stop. The power light in the case stays on. I have reset the CMOS and changed the battery, reset the power cord connection and reset memory dimm. I have rechecked all connections.

Does anyone have suggestions of things to try. Hate to take the board out to look for shorts.

Thanks

Rbuck

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all, seasons greetings to you all.

Have just purchased an Elite K7S5A mo/bo and AMD Athlon XP1800+ CPU, along with a new case and memory module.

The problem I have is that although I am certain that I have followed the build instructions to the letter (this is my third self build compo) the computer will not power up.
I have installed two hard drives, CD and DVD, sound card and video card from my old (working) compo.
Does anybody know if there should be power at the 12V output from the PSU at all times, or only when the power switch is depressed? I am only getting about 0.5V, and nothing at the 5V output.

Anybody any ideas?

Cheers to all, thanks in anticipation

Keith

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all Originally i was going to build a new PC with a single GTX video card I choosing Power Need build a Supply new for help have since opted to build something a little different though I was just wondering what size power supply you guys would recommend to me for my new build The full specs are CPU AMD Phenom II x Black Edition Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA X-UD P RAM Corsair XMS x GB DDR - HDD Western Digital Caviar Black TB x for Raid Video Cards Asus ATI Radeon HD s in Crossfire Optical Drive Asus DRW- B LT Cooling the CPU will be Need help choosing a Power Supply for new build the Zalman NT and will all be housed in the Antec Nine Hundred Two gaming case I was originally planning for a watt Corsair Power Supply Unit for this system But i am beginning to wonder if that will actually be enough for the system What do you guys think Is it enough If not can you recommend me a good Power Supply Please dont say stuff like quot you should get an Intel CPU and a single better video card quot because i have already made my mind up on this system Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:Need help choosing a Power Supply for new build

The Corsair line of power supplies is excellent. If you are not comfortable with the 650 try the 750; what do you need from the 12v in amps/wattage for Crossfire? Will you be overclocking?

By the way, love the cpu and 4850's in Crossfire and those WD Blacks have a good reputation. Is your system minus the psu ready to be assembled?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-power-supply-for-new-build.146440/
Relevancy 45.15%

Win XP
ASUS P5AD2 Premium Mobo
P4 LGA 775 560 3.6 gig 1mb cache 800 fsb
ATI PCI express 256mb X600 Pro video card
Plextor 716A DVD RW
Antec PSU 550 watt ATX12V w/front contol panel
Mitsumi 7 in1 card reader w/FDD
Seagate 120 gig HDD IDE internal

The machine powers up and I am able to get to the screen at which I push the DEL key to go to BIOS settings but the machine just powers down. The green mobo light remains on. I get a no signal on the monitor and the fans quit. I have checked all connections but can't put my finger on it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 45.15%

Rebuilding from array of old parts. When old PC was taken apart all I needed was a new case, but I revamped alot and ended up with most everything needed for a new PC leftover. Rebuilt PC from the old parts. Couple of problems here. The new case has elevated areas where the standoffs for the motherboard should go. If standoffs are used the MB sets too high in the case. (Like its designed not to use standoffs. And there were no standoffs packaged to use.) So when all put together sans standoffs, No power. None period, no beeps or anything. The fan in the power supply dons't run either. Does this sound like a problem with grounding on the case or just a faulty power supply?

MB ASUS A7V8X-X
Power supply AVG 400 watt
Case Thermaltake Matrix

Relevancy 45.15%

Just built a new PC, turned it on and there is power (all fans are working including GFX and CPU) but nothing at all appears on the screen and I get no beeps from mobo.

I have disconnected all components from the mobo apart from the CPU and main power connector and still get the same problem. Any suggestions or is my mobo screwed? Do I need to plug anything in to make sure I can hear mobo beeps?

Relevancy 45.15%

just obtained acrosshair iv formula motherboard with sempron 100 series processor and 3gig ddr3 1333/1066 non-ecc un-buffered memory question
do i need to get a ATX cpu or will my old 450 watts power pack be ok

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/new-build-help-required-power-supply-4604750/
Relevancy 45.15%

My new build wont power on all I hear is a few high pitch sounds coming from what I think is the psu My specs SSD GB SAMSUNG Pro TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago TB HDD from previous build it was working fine days ago GPU GTX GB from previous build it was working fine days ago MSI GTX GAMING G GeForce GTX GB -Bit on it's way newly wont build power My on in the mail Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX My newly build wont power on V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply My newly build wont power on from previous build it was working fine days ago Heatsink Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler CPU Intel Core i - K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core GHz Motherboard MSI Z -Gaming Intel Z Motherboard Memory CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory My newly build wont power on Please help me

A:My newly build wont power on

Here's a list to work on from member TVeblen:
Strip it down and then add components back, one at a time, to try and isolate the offending component.

The test (power off, power cord unplugged):

• Disconnect everything externally connected except the mouse and keyboard (printers, USB devices). If you are not using a wired mouse and keyboard see if you can borrow one.

• Disconnect the power and data cables from all the drives inside the computer (Hard drives, DVD/CD drives).

• Remove all the cards installed in the PCI slots including the video card.

• Remove all the RAM sticks (same rules as above).

Now connect the power cord and turn the PC on.

• The motherboard should start beeping. You should get a beep code that tells you there is no memory. This is good, it means the processor is functioning and the motherboard is good so far.

• Now add one stick of memory in Slot A1 and power on. More beeping: "no video card" beep code. This is good.

• Then add the video card and connect it to the monitor. You should get no beeping and you should see the BIOS screens, ending with the message that there is no boot device.

If you get no video then switch the one memory stick installed for another one and test.

Continue adding components one at a time.

If at any point the PC fails the the last component added was the problem one.

If you removed everything and there is only the Motherboard (with integrated video), processor, and power supply to contend with and it does not POST or show anything on the screen, then the problem is one of those three.

If you have tested by using another power supply then you are down to two. CPUs rarely fail, so motherboard is the most likely guess.

Try performing a CLRTC or Clear CMOS as a last ditch effort, and check the 3v battery. Both long shots, but what do you have to lose at this point.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348896-my-newly-build-wont-power.html