Windows Support Forum

Satellite L870-17X - Lost pointing device

Q: Satellite L870-17X - Lost pointing device

Lost pointing device after pc updated automatically, have used recovery facility from HD but no result?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Satellite L870-17X - Lost pointing device

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Satellite L870-17X - Lost pointing device

Sorry but I didn?t understand what is wrong there.
Can you please use more than one sentence for problem description?

What do you mean with ?recovery facility from HD??

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?71523-Satellite-L870-17X-Lost-pointing-device
Relevancy 21.93%

Power outage due to storm. Came back on without pictures and documents. It's an HP desktop. Would a file recovery program work? I've tried some of the instructions online, but they don't work.

A:Lost pictures on Windows 7 from power outage

Oh mary; I feel your pain. Were the pics within one folder and now they're ALL missing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-pictures-on-windows-7-from-power-outage.217351/
Relevancy 24.94%

O.P.
this post was edited
Hi....
My laptop: toshiba satellite l550 ... The part no. Is PSLWSA-01000Q

Problem: let me give you an overview of my laptop.... It was very slow until recently I did a system restore ... It is a laptop with fans that rev all the time and has the ability to overheat and shutoff once the laptop gets to about 105 degrees celsius.
My problem today is that I cannot boot the computer past the BIOS ... all the components within the boot menu fail to boot... These consist of in order of my boot settings.

1. P1-Toshiba MK5055GSX
2. P4-MASHITADVDRAM UJ890AS
3. Floppy
4. Realtek Boot Agent
When I clicked to try boot the Realtek Boot Agent an error message came up https://www.dropbox.com/s/1unhqan3mrszmlt/2015-07-19 18.08.14.jpg?dl=0

When I press enter on each of these in the boot menu the tells me the part has failed. Please Help me I would like to fix this issue.

A:Toshiba Satellite L550 problem

I am planning to buy a new LT but I'm not quiet sure what's the best one. What is good about Toshiba?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l550-problem.216719/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

first I already wanna thank everybody who replies to this and try to help me. Yesterday morning I tried to download a sound driver that would make the Stereo Mix option available. It was not from the original website of Realtek or HP. It was from here: http://driveragent.com/c/archive/196a161c/Realtek-High-Definition-audio#summary. After I finished the installation and restarted my PC there was a red cross next to the sound icon and when I tried to open volumemixer it said 'No audio output device installed'. I tried to uninstall it with system restore. Than I also tried to install the latest sound drivers from the Realtek and HP site but both didn't work. Also I saw on another topic that maybe some services were stopped but that wasn't. Now I really don't know what to do. Hope someone can help me.

Tsjeuke

PC manufactrurer: HP
Operating system: Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit

A:There is no output device (Realtek HD Audio)

Your PC manufacturer is HP but what is the model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-no-output-device-realtek-hd-audio.216620/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, as the title suggests I've got a bit of a sound problem:

I wish to record some of my digital sound (e.g. my friends in Skype) using Audacity and stereo mix. However, using the built-in stereo mix record feature Audacity has, no sound is being recorded. So I checked out the stereo mix device under 'recording devices' in 'Sound' and found that it was not detecting any sound at all.

I'm not totally sure as to how all it's settings must be, but it's like this now:

Listen to: enabled
Playback through: Speakers (Realtek HD Audio)

The device is set to be 'used' ofcourse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Marty

A:No sound coming through 'stereo mix' device

Go to Edit -> Preferences and to the 'Audio I/O' or 'Devices' tab, and make sure the the audio INPUT is set to the source you want to hear from, in this case, the pc sound card or such, apparently Windows 7 does not change the input device when you select the Stereo Mix function for some reason.

If that's not the case, maybe your sound driver isn't allowing the stereo mix to work, you can try the Control Panel configuring method, which you can find at the audacity website (i can't set up links yet, but go to wiki.audacityteam.org/ and add this: index.php?title=Mixer_Toolbar_Issues#Using_the_Control_Panel) [sorry for this, but it's for a good reason, i'm not a bot/spam ]
kind of a pain to read through and configure everything, but will fix the issue.

If you don't want any trouble at all, you can just plug you speaker in the PC's 'Line In' plug (the blue one), and set Audacity's Input device to "Line in" or such.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-coming-through-stereo-mix-device.173670/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi All,
This is my first post here
So the issue I am facing is that I have a Dell Laptop with dual graphics card (Intel(R) 4400 integrated and AMD Radeon 8850m dedicated). The System would not detect any AMD driver installed on it. The device manager was showing only the Intel Graphics Card being installed .
Then I went on to uninstall the Catalyst Command Center from Control Panel, wherein I completely uninstalled the AMD Graphics driver and everything related to it.
Now, AMD is not at all being recognized by my system. Device manager doesnt show it even in hidden devices, DriverEasy scan doesnt read it, Even Dell System detect is failing to detect the AMD graphics Card.

How do I proceed ahead with this issue.

Have I somehow unmounted the hardware internally?
Is there anyway besides a factory reset to get this working again ( I have concerns with a factory reset also not helping me )
What system scan tools can I use to get my laptop to recognize the Device again?
Please Help
Thanks In Advance

A:AMD Radeon 8850m device is missing

Have you tried going to Dell support site and down loading the orginal drivers and software for your graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-8850m-device-is-missing.215797/
Relevancy 21.07%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently cloned my old 160gb hdd on to a new 1tb hdd, then proceeded to format my old hdd. After formating it had lost 128gb only showing 32gb. I have checked for partitions (unallocated) but none can be found. Even tried remapping mbr, with no result. Any help to recover my lost storage space would be great.

A:Lost hdd space post format

I'm running Windows 7 home premium BTW don't no if that info will help with a solution or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hdd-space-post-format.213789/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m posting this question along with a PDF explaining what I d like to do in terms of upgrading my Toshiba Satellite e -a My questions are I One or more of my USB ports are USB How do I determine which are USB and which are high-speed USB II Is there any reason that my BIOS won t allow me to upgrade from my current TB HDD to a TB HDD I just bought and received in the mail III What s the best way for me to clone my current TB HDD onto my new TB HDD I have a number of Disk utility apps on my computer already but if you recommend something else I ll use it instead Once it s cloned do I have to do anything special in order to get it to work Or can I simply swap out the HDDs and it My Laptop Upgrading Satellite Toshiba e55-a5114 ll boot right up If I m planning on cloning my current Windows and putting some Linux distros on it in what order should I clone amp install IV Can I add more RAM to my laptop even though the official website about my Toshiba Laptop specifically says MEMORY GB Upgrading My Toshiba Satellite e55-a5114 Laptop DDR L MHz Memory is not user replaceable If that s just an idle warning how much RAM can this computer take What s the upper-limit to the amount of RAM How much would you recommend that would give a boost to speed but also inexpensive and made by a trustworthy V I m going to make this new HD HDD run multiple OSes including Windows and - Linux distros How much space should I reserve for each Linux distro s mountpoints If I make one partition and label it as home will all my Linux distros be able to use it I d really like to have quite a few different Linux OSes on this computer because I want to learn how to use it better Here s the link to the PDF with much more information about my laptop as well as all my questions about making this upgrade work as quickly and painlessly as possible http bit ly e -upgrade Thanks a lot Yours Ev nbsp

A:Upgrading My Toshiba Satellite e55-a5114 Laptop

koesherbacon said:

My questions are:

I. One or more of my USB ports are USB 3.0. How do I determine which are USB 2.0 and which are high-speed USB 3.0?Click to expand...

not hard, but mapping which slot on the box is v2 - v3 was my issue

II. Is there any reason that my BIOS won?t allow me to upgrade from my current 1TB HDD to a 2TB HDD I just bought and received in the mail?Click to expand...

that would work BUT you need a fresh install and don't forget the system drivers

III. What?s the best way for me to clone my current 1TB HDD onto my new 2TB HDD? I have a number of Disk utility apps on my computer already, but if you recommend something else, I?ll use it instead. Once it?s cloned, do I have to do anything special in order to get it to work? Or can I simply swap out the HDDs and it?ll boot right up? If I'm planning on cloning my current Windows 8.1 and putting some Linux distros on it, in what order should I clone & install?Click to expand...

This solves the prior question - - clone it. I would clone anyway possible and after the fact, resize the C: partition

IV. Can I add more RAM to my laptop even though the official website about my Toshiba Laptop specifically says ?MEMORY: 6GB DDR3L 1600MHz (Memory is not user replaceable)? If that?s just an idle warning, how much RAM can this computer take? What?s the upper-limit to the amount of RAM? How much would you recommend that would give a boost to speed but also inexpensive and made by a trustworthy?Click to expand...

not user replaceable means what it says - - it's sodered to the MB and there may not even be slots for memory

V. I?m going to make this new 2HD HDD run multiple OSes including Windows 8.1 and 1-4 Linux distros. How much space should I reserve for each Linux distro?s mountpoints? If I make one partition and label it as ?/home?, will all my Linux distros be able to use it? I?d really like to have quite a few different Linux OSes on this computer because I want to learn how to use it better!
Remember, you can only have FOUR primary extensions and within one you can have several Logical Prtns. Most Linux distros have a bootable CD to try-it before you install.
Saves lots of work and time Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-toshiba-satellite-e55-a5114-laptop.213526/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an lap top toshiba satellite c660 with both usb ports phisicaly damaged and after replacement they didnt worked , I mentioned betwen externel pins existe power 0,5 mA but middle pins I m not sure if they work,what should I do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-c660-usb-ports.213198/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, Could anyone tell me any ideas on trying to get my usb device to work again. Not recognizing on my computer. Went into device managers and can see unknown device. I have tried uninstalled it and pluged it back in but all it says is successful installed unknown device. The computer doesnt even know what it is. Is it possible to try and install a driver for it and tell it that its a usb device?

Thank you
Mitch

A:Sandisk Cruzer unknown device

Sometimes the drives just die. This shouldn't be a driver issue, do other flash drives work in the computer? Have you tried this drive in a different computer?

You could open up disk management and see if you can delete the partition and create a new one, or simply format the existing one as NTFS or exfat. WARNING: Doing this will cause you to lose any data you may have on the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-cruzer-unknown-device.209278/
Relevancy 21.07%

I've a External HDD( Western Digital company-500GB) which was working properly last night but today it's not working. when I connect the EXt. HDD to my laptop usb port then it's got power but not shows in my computer.
when I go to device management it shows a window (you need to initialize before logical disk management can access it.) but when I go to initialize the HDD then show it "the media write protected". I cann't initialize the HDD and cann't access the HDD.

Someone help me to recover my old DATA from this Ext. HDD.

Thanks for advance.

A:External HDD not recognize my laptop & cann't initialize it from Device manegment

Hello Rajib Sarker,
The first important thing to note here is that if you initialize your HDD you will lose all the information that was stored on it. Sometimes portable external HDDs can behave like that if they are not getting enough power. It would be a good idea to try and connect your HDD using a different USB cable, preferably a short one. Another thing you can try is connecting your HDD to different USB ports and to a different computer. You can also run WD DLG diagnostics tool to test the HDD http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=GTBpZQ .
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-not-recognize-my-laptop-cannt-initialize-it-from-device-manegment.207752/
Relevancy 21.93%

My Asus DRW 24B1ST CD/DVD-Rom device works in Dos (bootCD works no problems), and is recognized by my WinXP Device Manager and listed as working properly. But when I try to run or view a disk from My Computer, all I get is a blank window. The window has the correct partition/drive identity, so I know it's pointing to the device, but it just won't interact with the disk.

The same device was working fine in a previous WinXP installation on the same computer, but when I installed another WinXP sp2 (I had lost access to the original installation) I had a few glitches and this is the remaining one that needs to be fixed.

BTW, I can bootup from a bootCD and run a miniXP and have no problem with the CD/DVD-ROM device, so the issue must be with the current WinXP installation.

Any suggestions for repairing this problem?

A:CD-ROM device won't open or run disk

Wow very interesting. Yo had mentioned it will boot to disc, have you tried while in safe mode. So if you restart computer and utilize the function f8 button go to safe mode with networking check to see if it works in there. If it does then I assume it is driver related issue. Of course in safe mode it loads minimum drivers to have a functioning safe environment. Even though windows recognizes it in device manager does not mean it has a working driver. I would even go as far as uninstalling the driver and reinstalling one from the manufactures website. You could first try uninstalling the driver then rebooting the computer then letting windows reinstalling the driver upon boot up to see if that fixes it first. Hope this helps let me know what you find.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-rom-device-wont-open-or-run-disk.206972/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I'm using a Huawei Mobile Broadband E303 and I've been having this problem for 6-7 days now Ples halp
It was working perfectly fine before but now the speed wont go past 60-70kbps.
My current operating system is windows 7 ( V 6.1.7601 )

I've tried using it on other laptops with windows 7/xp/vista as their operating systems still the same problem except for my brothers laptop which runs on windows 8. and dont tell me that this Thing wont work because its not compatible with my operating system, because I've been using it for over a year without an issue.

My ipconfig shows:
Mobile Broadband adapter Mobile Broadband Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7450:69bc:7a3e:fee8%57
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.137
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.252
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.22.155.138
And when I try to do nslookup:
C:\Windows\system32>nslookup
Default Server: google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address: 8.8.8.8

The default server shouldn't be that thing. please help. Nor the address

Edit: I've tried Uninstalling the Program which came with the USB.
I've tried calling my ISP, with no problems on their end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-computer-seems-to-be-correctly-configured-but-the-device-or-resource-dns-server-not-respondin.206332/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have Toshiba satellite model C875?7304. The battery indicator on the desktop says that it's charging but the percentage is depleting. This is on a brand-new battery that came with 67% full and a new adapter. When the laptop is off the LED indicator in the front is lit like the battery is charging. However it is not. After leaving it plugged in for a few hours the percentage was the same as when I turned it off. Also the adapter wasn't warm at all. I've tried all Toshibas recommendations removing all power from the laptop and holding the power button down for 30 seconds to a minute. Also removing the battery for the bios and reinserting it. Still that hasn't worked. I removed the laptop battery and the laptop will not power on using AC power only. It's almost like the laptop is only using battery power and the adapter is not charging the battery or keeping the laptop on. Laptops only about a year old. Any suggestions anyone?

A:Toshiba satellite charging but not charging

As the laptop's only a year old the original battery should be fine and not need replacing. Also if it won't run from the AC power only something is wrong. Look for your receipt and if it's still under guarantee take the laptop back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-charging-but-not-charging.205166/
Relevancy 22.36%

"No Audio Device" is the message I get when I try to adjust the volume from my "Start" button. I have an old Dell-Optiplex270 running Windows XP with an external speaker unit. I have "RealTech Audio Device" and VLC" Media Player. I read where I need to download "SoundMAX". Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device.204166/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have headphones through onboard audio set as the default playback device.

I have HDMI set to listen stereo mix (onboard) under recording devices so that I can get duplicate audio on my headphones and TV.

Windows 7 likes to set as HMDI audio as the default playback device when I am not looking (assumedly shortly after rebooting, but not quite sure when). And then I get no sound from my headphones because the programs are all playing on HDMI.

Is there way I can fix this?

A:HDMI hijacks default playback device

Hmm; I think HDMI is mutually exclusive to pc { speakers & headphones }. If the HDMI senses a signal to the tv, then the others go off.

right-click on the speaker icon in the tray and view/set the playback devices

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdmi-hijacks-default-playback-device.204095/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I have a problem when I turn on my laptop I get a no bootable device, hit any key prompt. There are no options in the boot manager. I am able to get into the BIOS by pressing the f2 key I think but I really have no idea what to do from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

A:Packard Bell Easynote TE No bootable device

Sounds as though your hard drive has went bad.. Once you get into bios see if it is reporting your hard drive. If not the its rather safe to say . Your hard drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-easynote-te-no-bootable-device.203273/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just bought a

Amd A6 6400k apu

ecs a55f2-m4 motherboard

kingston hyperx 4gb 1600 ram

and I installed all drivers but even when I try to open solitaire it says no suitable graphics device found.

A:No suitable graphics device found

Which graphics driver and version did you install?

AMD Catalyst 14.4

32-bit Catalyst Software Suite
64-bit Catalyst Software Suite

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-suitable-graphics-device-found.202170/
Relevancy 19.35%

Yesterday, I started a download and kept the pc on with my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex External HDD 1TB plugged in. After I woke up I realized that there was a power cut and the computer went off unexpectadly (I had no UPS or any backup system).And, I found that my Ext HDD was not seen in my computer anymore (It was working perfectly until before I went to bed).
In device manager, under 'Disks' it shows 'GoFlex Hard Disk', but in BIOS or Disk Manager there is no sign of this HDD.

I really need the data in the HDD badly. Please help me recover it.
P.S. I read somewhere that keeping the HDD in freezer might help and give a little more time. Is that true? Worth the risk?

A:External HDD gets detected in Device Manager but not Disk Manager or seen in 'My Computer'

Power outage probably killed something in the enclosure or its PSU. The drive in the enclosure is probably fine. I would remove the drive from the enclosure and put it in a dock or install it in a desktop computer before considering freezing it. Freezing is usually reserved for click of death drives, and a last ditch effort.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-gets-detected-in-device-manager-but-not-disk-manager-or-seen-in-my-computer.201343/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have two WD 3tb external drives. They both work but only one at a time. I am running Windows 7. I have renamed both drives but still no go. I have previously have had a 2tb and one the 3tb drives running at the same time with no problem. I had to upgrade to the 3tb from the 2tb because of the size of my projects I am working on. Does anyone have a solution?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-recognizing-2nd-of-the-same-wd-mass-storage-device.201294/
Relevancy 21.5%

My partner's laptop HP 0700 Notebook will not boot up and just comes up with the above message. We found an HP troubleshooting site which said to reset the BIOS default settings by pressing the Escp key, F10 followed by F9 to reset. Then it said to press the F2 System Diagnostics keys which tested the hard disk and all the tests came out OK. When we tried to restart it, it came up with the same message and we have noticed that before it comes up with this message it says in the bottom left-hand corner "Prepare boot to OS" and then comes up with the message in the heading. We have not bootable disk as the laptop already had everything installed.

Coupled with this my partner's virus protection is coming up with "Threat detected" every minute on practically every site my partner visits on the Internet. You will appreciate that we cannot run any virus checks as we cannot get into the computer.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Compused

A:No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-insert-boot-disk-and-press-any-key.201065/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi........

I want to buy new mobile and I need your advice
most imprtant for me the speed of the system ,,memory
thing not important for me ( quality of camera,,shape of mobile )

A:Any tips on buying a new mobile device?

By mobile I infer you mean cell phone. At any rate, I would prioritize the features and functions that are (a) import to you and (b) you use regularly. The hype on specs may be create bragging rights, but that's not worth $0.02 to me.

I'm and old T**d and love my 3g flip phone for the ease of use designed by Nokia. The so called smartphones are not on my wishlist. If I want pictures (and I take a ton of them), I'm not using any camera in a phone - - I take my handheld which gives me the PAS feature for low-light photograph required for indoor and museums. USEABILITY is big with me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-tips-on-buying-a-new-mobile-device.200801/
Relevancy 19.35%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello hello This is my first post so apologies if I do anything incorrectly I have an old Satellite Toshiba down shutting Toshiba Satellite which is old and crotchety so I decided to take the chance to play with it with the intention of fixing it up a bit and passing it on to someone else who could use Toshiba Satellite shutting down a computer I uninstalled lots of things cleaned it up Toshiba Satellite shutting down - all good I took it apart gave it a good clean - all good apart from when I took the screen off both of the hinges were snapped at the bottom and just fell apart when I lifted it up So I ordered some new hinges they arrived this morning I put them in put Toshiba Satellite shutting down the laptop back together and turned it on All seems well and good EXCEPT - it has now started shutting itself down It s not a battery problem because the battery hasn t been in it yet At first I thought it was something I had done to the screen because it did it when I was tilting the screen but I have since realised that it s when I touch the touch-pad or indeed anywhere along the front underneath the keyboard It seems to be fine - as long as I don t touch it Have I done something heinous to the laptop or can I sort this out I really hope I haven t killed it Side note - I blame PC World for so many things they are the only people who ve had their paws on it in the past and there are a few screws missing no - I didn t lose them a couple of screws that are the wrong size and the hinge screws are too big one of which as I was screwing it back in shredded the groves I think cause now it just turns and turns before I bust a gasket with this if anyone has any tips as to how to get this screw back out again I d appreciate that too Thank you VERY much in advance for any help nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite shutting down

..."I took it apart, gave it a goo d clean"...Did you remove the CPU fan(s) or heat-sink assembly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-shutting-down.199905/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've a wired network at home like this:

Code:
Internet
|
ADSL Router
|
Dlink Switcher
|
I'm going to buy a new tablet (ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10), which supports internet through wifi. I was wondering how can I share the internet access with the new device? What new devices should I buy and what changes are required to my network setup?

Thanks in advance.

A:How to share wired Internet access with WiFi device

I figured it out, I need an AP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-share-wired-internet-access-with-wifi-device.199110/
Relevancy 19.35%

HDD 1 tb Seagate hardisk not working,is not visible in the laptop, can b seen in device manager for 1min then gets disconnected automatically and the light on the hard disk starts blinking

A:HDD hardisk not working,not visible in the laptop,visible in device manager for 1min then disconnect

If the system worked before with this drive, I would say the drive is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-hardisk-not-working-not-visible-in-the-laptop-visible-in-device-manager-for-1min-then-disconnect.198749/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I was wondering can anybody help with the sound on my computer please as we have had none for about 3 weeks now thanks

A:No sound device

Please make sure ALL connections are snug. What OS are you using? XP,W7,W8 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-device.198384/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello. I've got a basic problem I guess: I messed up with the Realtek microphone settings and selected "Set Default Device". I tried to fix it but I kinda destroyed my mic. - friends tell me they can hear me like I'm closer to them and they hear me worse than before. I just need to unset the Set Default Device thingy but I don't really know how.. any idea?

A:Realtek Microphone "Set Default Device"

Try doing a system restore to a previous time in which this was working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-microphone-set-default-device.197750/
Relevancy 21.5%

I built a new PC about a month ago, and have been using speakers as a primary Audio source. However, I bought a Turtle Beach PX21 headset, and all I can do is watch Netflix/Other media ETC. I can't use Skype or Steam calls because it won't register the headset as a recording device. Why is this ?

I was using this as a reference: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turtle-beach-px21-dpx21-computer-problem.162408

,but they don't go over my problem.

Thanks !

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turtle-beach-px21-isnt-recognized-as-an-audio-device.197747/
Relevancy 21.93%

I had to format and re-install Windows XP on a Satellite A105-S4201 Laptop. I installed XP, and updated to SP3. The brightness control no longer works using Fn+F6/F7 (or any other way for that matter). It was working before the format.
I tried a couple of different Common Modules installs. This one: tc00324000b (version 6.07.03) won't even install. Gave me error message, "TVALG Driver installation has failed". And this one: SPA210 TCommon Modules-XP (version 1.00.06) installed, and had me restart, but when I tried to install the hotkey utilities afterward, it said "TOSHIBA Common Module not found! This setup will terminate." Also, I have the latest BIOS version installed (v 6.0)
Any ideas?

A:Fn Brightness Control lost, Toshiba Laptop

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-brightness-control-lost-toshiba-laptop.197580/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey I just found this thread today a665d-s5172 Toshiba satellite I ll try to keep this post short Got a laptop that had obviusly been dropped for Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 free but it s a toshiba satellite a d-s so I wasnt going t turn it down worst case a free Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 blue ray player right well it had windows on it but none of the drivers having anything to Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172 do with network connection worked and there were still personal files on it so I decided I would use this as a windows machine Installed windows pro worked fine for about a day or two until I installed an update and ever since then the hdd C has been at and the one thing that I found that helps is disabling the DVD BRD drive in device manager this doesnt fix the problem completely but the average usage of the disc went from showing as to between - even when nothing is open and the actually usage still only adds up to about - I will post screen shots later after I get the machine to let me take them before it freezes also the cpu and memory are at and wile this problem happens so I think it s the same problem that a lot of people have after using windows for a bit nbsp

A:Toshiba satellite a665d-s5172

Any updates on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a665d-s5172.193660/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop that is a couple of years old. I recently had my Norton protection end and I turned on the Windows Defender, but my computer has been running really slow and acting up. I have been getting a S.M.A.R.T. hard drive error when my computer starts as well. I tried restoring my computer to an earlier setting, but that didn't work. I don't know what to do, and I really could use some help. When I ran an error check on the c hard drive this is what it said: WDC WD32 00BEVT-26A23T0 SATA Disk Device volume: c/. So please if anyone can help me fix this problem or how to fix it that would be great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wdc-wd32-00bevt-26a23t0-sata-disk-device-volume-c.194628/
Relevancy 24.94%

HELLO.... im tracy I need help my toshiba satellite a215 has ydtuv is compressed and wont boot can u

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a215-problem.194506/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a wireless ubee modem. I have had it for a will now and it has worked great up until yesterday. I can't find my wireless signal for my internet. I can hook up the usb port and get the internet just fine, but when I turn to wireless I can't even find my wireless signal name to hook up. I know my laptop is still getting signals because my modem is still finding my neighbors signals. Please help!!!

A:Lost My Internet Signal

Are you using someone else internet service via WiFi? If your now they power cycle the internet modem and your wireless laptop. Power cycle means reboot them or power them down then power them up. Internet modem can be reset but you would need to call your ISP and let them send a signal to hit the box (reset it) or walk you through the steps to do it on your end.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-my-internet-signal.194378/
Relevancy 23.65%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 21.5%

Please help me I have a custom made computer with front audio jacks I have recently added in a new device and Reappear(Quickly) Headphones/Microphone Disappear motherboard and I decided not to connect the front jacks because I won t Headphones/Microphone device Disappear and Reappear(Quickly) need them How I found this problem was I saw my cpu usage very high for some Headphones/Microphone device Disappear and Reappear(Quickly) reason and found out the dcomlaunch is using up - cpu I then found out that dcomlaunch is to do with the plug-ins aka the front audio jacks which are disconnected Every time my headphone and microphone devices within sound start disappearing and reappearing the dcomlaunch skyrockets using cpu When headphones was up I quickly went into the properties and it has Jack information L R Front panel mm jack as well as microphone the same I have tried disabling them however that doesn t work I ve tried re installing the high definition audio driver but that is not the problem I really think it is because the front panel is disconnected and I want to know if there is a way to get around this without reconnected the front panel nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headphones-microphone-device-disappear-and-reappear-quickly.192886/
Relevancy 22.79%

Ok so I m a first time builder here with a budget of I use my computer for web browsing with a million tabs so 1st time build, lost :P open I admit lol music recording editing normally about or so tracks only lite gaming minecraft with heavy skin packs and will be doing small video editing like boxes of video in one frame and watching movies both blue-ray and the occasional live stream I use Windows themes skins on my computer and have more rainmeter gadgets than I probably need I ve come across some good barebones kits for but they lack a few things which I may not even need lol I definitely need a wireless card no cable running to my room and obviously a blue-ray player I don t burn music or movies onto CDs if I need to I already have a burner I m looking for a minimum GB of RAM Do I really need an SSD My mind keeps saying quot YES quot but my wallet says quot nope not in the budget quot I do already have a TB drive for storage I would just like an SSD for the OS and programs But if that s not feasible I have no problem with a small HDD So what am I looking for that will meet the needs of my use and budget Mobo CPU GPU RAM PSU Case SSD-or-HDD Blue-Ray Player Wifi Card and after market cooler heatsink everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers go after market So if I m not all that crazy and this is feasible I appreciate any and all help and hope to learn a good bit in the process please feel free to teach so I actually learn something I m not loyal to any brand so I don t care about any of that at least not yet Thanks nbsp

A:1st time build, so lost :P

matrix86 said:

(everyone always says stay away from OEM coolers...go after market)Click to expand...

I would only make that recommendation based on whether the person will be overclocking. Neither Intel or AMD will package their CPU with a cooler that not sufficiently adequate under non-overclock conditions.

Have you assembled a parts list or are awaiting feedback first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-build-so-lost-p.192750/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi, so my integrated webcam isn't showing up and I'm trying to confirm whether it's died or not. I know the first step is to go to the manufacture's website, but as an Asus user I wasn't able to find anything to help me solve this problem asides from this model knowledge base.
http://support.asus.com/knowledge.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=225&m=N71Jq&os=&hashedid=hUn2kMS4sU3z3kUV

Here's my Device Manager Data link below (first time using mediafire so let me know if it works)
http://www.mediafire.com/?859fft7ex08dunwz99c1c9b88e7gorp

Model info:
ASUS N71Jq
Windows 7 x64

Thanks so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-webcam-not-appearing-in-device-manager.192438/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello First time posting here I apologize if this is not in the correct forum Anyway I have been having some showing device Dxdiag not display trouble with my graphics card drivers I experienced some graphical glitches followed by a blue screen of death a few days ago and since then my graphics card has not been working I have groups of vertical lines running down my screen My dxdiag does not show anything for display device I am using Dxdiag not showing display device an NVIDIA GeForce GTS and when I open the device manager it gives me error code for display adapters Additionally when I try to open the NVIDIA control Dxdiag not showing display device panel it says I am not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU I have reinstalled the drivers several times using both the express and custom clean install I have run driver sweeper in safe mode Nothing I have done has had any effect Please help At this point I am assuming I need a new graphics card but am hoping there might be another issue Here is my dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DAN-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Driver Name Driver File Version Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B -B DAEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV am... Read more

A:Dxdiag not showing display device

Are you sure your DVI, display port, HDMI, etc is connected to the graphics card not to the onboard graphics? Try reseating the card on another PCIe x16 slot. Make sure the display connections are connected to the GPU not the onboard graphics. Do the clean install to the latest stable drivers (314). Driver sweeper should have cured any software issues. If the reseating, checking the connectors, etc doesnt work, it is most likely an issue with the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dxdiag-not-showing-display-device.192194/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys So Can't default as boot set SSD to device seem a quick background here I went from using a normal HDD with windows bit os and unplugged it while I installed bit windows os on my new SSD samsung booted up no problem after setting the sata controller Can't seem to set SSD as default boot device to AHCI and shut down to put my hdd back in as a storage drive not Can't seem to set SSD as default boot device yet wanting to format the drive just incase I have any issues with my ssd I can still use the pc via the hdd Booted up fine however it was running in IDE So I used the regedit suggested by windows of setting the value data box to and it caused a bsod I then read that I had to do the regedit for both the ssd and hdd so I did which lead to no problems booting up and running AHCI just fine However the only way I can force my computer to boot using the ssd is to hit F for boot menu and select it it is not an option inside my BIOS and by default every time it will just boot from my hdd unless it s not plugged in in which case it ll boot the ssd When it boots from hdd as always if not using f menu it ll show the ssd as drive E effectively everything works ok but having to hit f every time I boot up or restart to select the boot device is going to get tedious Just to elaborate what I mean by it not being an option in the bios I have the Gigabyte H M-UD H motherboard and the only boot devices that are displayed in the bios are Floppy LS Hard Disk CDROM ZIP USB-FDD USB-ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD Legacy Lan With Hard Disk selected it ll behave as described above To clarify the only way I can appear to chose to boot from the ssd is via the boot menu F Is there any way I can properly set it so the ssd is the primary boot device Baring in mind I don t want to format the hdd at the moment nbsp

A:Can't seem to set SSD as default boot device

So you can only boot into the 32 bit version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-seem-to-set-ssd-as-default-boot-device.192029/
Relevancy 22.36%

A friend just handed me a Panimage device & I'm wondering if RAM can be added to it because its slower than a turtle. She wants to use it around the house, but so far its very sloooooooow.
I haven't gone thru the website I linked to yet, but if anybody has any experience with this type of device, I'm listening.TIA

A:Help with a Panimage device

Look it up on xda developers. Might be able to find some useful info on rooting the tablet or flashing it w/ custom ROM to make it snappier. As far as hardware goes, other than adding microSD card for additional storage, there isn't much you can do w/ a tablet. Might be able to OC the tablet, but that typically requires root access and depends on the hardware.

edit: One thing I forgot to ask is whether the latest firmware is installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-panimage-device.187051/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello folks I have the exact same problem - with my satellite L D-S I am quite sure that the hdd is still ok and the ram is too Upon power on the power light turns on hdd spins up the hdd light flickers a little then it does nothing No backlight no image no error beeps either Quite disappointing as it was in sleep mode and it started doing this when I woke it up Never had a problem with it except for a loose solder connection on the power jack which I fixed about a year ago I am an electrical engineering student so I like to get some experience trying to fix this The computer is about years old phenom II triple core cpu g of memory g hdd and some sort of radeon graphics chip Worse case the graphics chip could be dead No video output from external monitor connector If you need more info I will gladly share it BTW the cpu gpu heatsink warms up as usual and the fan runs too VERY puzzling Cheers -Ben nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056 no display

The motherboard (GPU chip) is bad. The motherboard will have to be replaced. They are available on EBay usually for way under $150 daily

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l645d-s4056-no-display.191045/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Toshiba Satellite E205, Win 7. A small icon with a picture of the touchpad keeps appearing in the middle of my screen, quickly followed by a similar one, but with a red circle. The mouse or touchpad then freezes briefly. By looking in Task Manager, Processes, I see that this is accompanied by the appearance of touchpadED.exe, which then disappears from processes. I think it started when I unplugged a USB hub with mouse and keyboard from my computer while it was still on. I removed and reinstalled the Synaptics Touchpad driver from Toshiba, ran virus scan and malware software, and cannot stop the process in Task Manager. How can I get rid of this problem??

A:Toshiba Satellite E205 touchpad issues

Try installing this: http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers It may fail since Toshiba has very bad support for drivers coming from manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-e205-touchpad-issues.190597/
Relevancy 24.51%

I Have Problem With My Laptop Display "Toshiba Satellite L645D-S4056"
The LCD did not display anything, I try to change with new lcd it still won't display anything,
please help me how iam suppose todo ? thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-my-toshiba-satellite-l645d-s4056.190476/
Relevancy 24.51%

Laptop won't boot. Put in installation disc in CD drive. System won't boot to CD rom. I removed the HDD, put CD in drive, it boots to CD ROM. Reinsert HDD, plug in power, no boot to splash screen or allowing access to bios. Remove HDD, boots to CD ROM...
Thoughts?

I don't understand why it won't boot to CD with disc inserted. It should boot up to CD regardless since it is first in boot order.

Disregard specs below. It's Toshiba Satellite A665 Laptop.

A:Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop won't boot

Update: I had suspected the HDD was bad. The OS did finally boot. It cannot find a HDD. Can you say Newegg?

First and last Toshiba for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a665-laptop-wont-boot.188913/
Relevancy 21.93%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone.
I have a drawing tablet "Wacom Bamboo MTE-450A" connected through a USB port.
never had any problems with it, lately it started "connecting" and "disconnecting" making this USB plug/unplug sound, just like it was physically disconnected an dosnt get any power, even if im not using it or moving it, and its getting worse to a point where now its mostly "off".
I changed cables and changed the port it was connected to, I also reinstalled the drivers, and there is no change.
I tested it on a different computer and it seems to work properly! other devices connected to my PC through USB seem to work well (keyboard and mouse).
I have a new computer so I believe its not to blame (hardware-wise)

im lost, any advice would be appreciated.

A:USB device trouble

The tablet may not getting enough power from the new computers USB ports. Check the computers bios to make sure that the Legacy USB settings are enabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-device-trouble.188435/
Relevancy 22.36%

I've been looking through forums to figure out how to get sound on my desktop and I've downloaded numerous devices, yet no help. Can anyone help me? I've been dealing with this probably with over 3 months and I can't take it anymore.

A:No audio device

What is the model of your PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device.188386/
Relevancy 21.5%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello!
I have a tiny USB fiber optic Xmas tree that was given to me as a gift and it can only be used when plugged into a USB port when the computer is on. Then the tree lights up, the colors change, and all that.
I would like to use this device when the computer is not on, thereby plugging it into a wall outlet. It is a very small simple little fiber optic tree 5V, and I'd rather not burn the little thing to pieces by purchasing the wrong adapter.
Some adapters are for charging only, aren't they? I'm not really charging this device just letting it run. Any advice?
Thank you in advance.

A:Adapting a USB device to plug into AC - converter to buy?

The charging adapters will be just fine, all they are doing is supplying the correct voltage. The more expensive ones can provide more milliamps for bigger USB devices (like a 10" tablet as opposed to something like an iPod Shuffle). I'd say you could buy the cheapest one possible, but you may want to check the tree for its amperage draw and be sure you don't get a wall adapter that provides less than the tree wants.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adapting-a-usb-device-to-plug-into-ac-converter-to-buy.188260/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi we are working on a computer for a family member Windows has slowed down incredibly won't Toshiba recognized Satellite CD not different two S7802... boot, put drives... ROM in they had multiple viruses and spyware we tried to clean it off for them but decided it would be easier to just do a reinstall We have been googling going to various tech sites etc and cannot figure this out The CD drive was not recognized in Windows and wouldn t work we thought it was just part of their other computer problems Upon rebooting it won t boot from the CD ROM which is a Toshiba brand factory drive We already checked the boot order CD ROM is set first HDD second No network boot enabled So we thought the drive was bad We bought a new drive put it in same issue I find it hard to believe we got two bad drives one after the other Windows of course doesn t Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized recognize it either Both of the drives act like they can read they flash you hear them running but it doesn t show up and won t allow us to boot into anything not Windows not Linux nothing from the CD ROM It just will not boot from anything but the hard drive and no option to Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized boot from USB We are at a loss as to what to try next We tried looking for jumpers cables etc but it doesn t have them Any suggestions nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite S7802... put in two different CD ROM drives... won't boot, not recognized

Dose this laptop or computer have a recovery partition?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-s7802-put-in-two-different-cd-rom-drives-wont-boot-not-recognized.187772/
Relevancy 21.93%

My HP Pavilion DV9000 laptop has no sound. During Device Manager does not show any sound. I had sound, it worked, but today I had nothing. I have a Windows 7 Ultimate on it. I do not understand anything. What could be the cause?
thank you

A:No audio output device

Those HP dv9000's run hot and it is possible that the sound chip on the motherboard has failed... If this is the case, there should be a yellow exclamation point on the audio device driver in the device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device.187505/
Relevancy 39.13%

So we have a server at one of the places I work that is a domain controller and DNS server website domain server controller pointing DNS to of instead address as well as an smtp server The domain is named companyname com The website is you guessed it companyname com Now why they set this up like this I don t know but because they have every now DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address and then the DNS server decides to point companyname com to the domain controller and ignore the fact that I have a www Host A record pointing to the web server s external IP address and a record saying DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address that DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address companyname com should also point to the web server s address The problem seems to stem from that when the server reboots for updates it of course forces the DNS server records to update and it puts an entry in there that contradicts my static records with the domain controller s local address in for companyname com Can I force it NOT to put a certain entry in there or rather not update a certain entry that it has in there Or can I force it to treat my static records as primary I m fairly new to this as I ve not dealt with this issue before and I m out of ideas nbsp

A:DNS server pointing to domain controller instead of website address

Hmm; for the External DNS accessible to the web

create a CNAME for www.company.name
create another for dns.company.name.
each pointing to unique IP addresses
this dns ONLY supports publicly available services; NOTHING internal

the Domain Controller should have a SEPARATE DNS, internal to the LAN, not accessible to the Web.
Internal users configured to -> internal DNS which performs recursive lookup to your ISP's DNS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-server-pointing-to-domain-controller-instead-of-website-address.187372/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a windows xp computer and about a month ago my computer would no longer play sound and in the control panel everything was grayed out. Im pretty sure my soundcard is built in, in a chipset. I also remember installing malwarebytes to try to clean up my computer and I remember it sayin it deleted a trojan in system volume restore or somethin like that. I system restored to a bunch of points and that didnt work. I checked the BIOS and everything is normal. I've tried to install many audio driivers.I've gone to the device manager and I dont know if my sound driver is even there anymore nor do I know what it was. Please help, trust me I've googled this topic for at least a month with no avail.

A:The dreaded no audio device

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-dreaded-no-audio-device.186591/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all Please can someone help We own a Toshiba Satalite laptop with gb HD Today whilst trying to download a file I had a warning message saying no disc space left Confused by this I looked at the computer spec to notice drives C amp D I am no IT expert but think I m correct its actually only I disc but partitioned into drives hence giving me C D drives Here s where I am lost though The C drive is almost full yet the D drive has only the original HDD recovery made when we st had the a second Toshiba my hard does Why drive Satellite have partition? laptop amp is almost empty odd gb left Why is nothing on the D drive and to free up space on the C drive how can I transfer various items from C to D Do I simply copy - paste then delete from C or is it Why does my Toshiba Satellite hard drive have a second partition? more complicated Also if I wanted to download straight to the D drive is this possible amp if so how is this carried out Hope some of you don t think the above is a bit dumb to ask but I really don t know what to look for and how to solve our usage problem other than asking for your help Many thanks in advance Mark from Hereford Uk nbsp

A:Why does my Toshiba Satellite hard drive have a second partition?

Honestly I'm kind of confused, but I'll try anyways... So you're 500GB HD is partitioned into 2 240GB partitions, correct? If this is the case the 1st one that is full is the partition where windows is located on, and is set to automatically save you're files to that partition. What you can do is move you're large files onto the D partition to make use of that space.

It can be a simple as copy/pasting you're files into that drive, or you can also set it to route anything saved to a certain file to the 2nd partition. For example, my "Downloads" folder automatically saves to my Data partition on my PC. Do do this simply go to whatever file it happens to be, right-click, properties, location, and from there click move and choose the 2nd partition. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-does-my-toshiba-satellite-hard-drive-have-a-second-partition.186116/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi
I hope someone could help me with this...when I connect my Blackberry to my computer this shows up "there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive device harddisk1 dr22" and sometimes it deletes everything thats in my phone...
I hope you have any ideas and thanks in advance : )

A:There is no disk in the drive, please insert a disk into drive device harddisk1 dr22

You might need to install a new micro-SDHC flash card into your phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-is-no-disk-in-the-drive-please-insert-a-disk-into-drive-device-harddisk1-dr22.186011/
Relevancy 24.51%

Good evening, I cant afford to take my laptop to a tech so I am posting here in hope of help. I have a Toshiba satellite l755, I turn my pc this mourning on and it showed me this messege. Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
For atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v2.0.
Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key
What happend to my computer? Please help

A:Toshiba Satellite l755 trying to boot from network

In the BIOS, look in the boot options and take the "other devices" or "other" out of the boot sequence.
Make sure that HDD is listed as first boot option.
This should be enough,
BUT... I would also check to see if boot from LAN is enabled.
If it is, (unless you need it for some reason) disable it.

PXE is a protocol that will enable you to boot from a network drive or server.
When it says that it failed, it is because it could not find an OS on the network.

To enter bios, watch the screens when you power on.
It will tell you the right keys to press to enter your bios setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l755-trying-to-boot-from-network.185830/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I have a toshiba laptop satellite a15-s157 and a black page comes and says 1DE number 1 error

A:Toshiba Satellite a15-s157 error

Sorry there mate, your choices in the Poll make no sense to me . . .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a15-s157-error.185453/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all got above named computer and it had a faulty battery as it was not holding charge when unplugged it switched off. so bought the battery for it brand new by part number etc . put on charged to full and fine but then unplugged and after while it makes beeping noise beep beep etc does anyone know why its beeping thanks in advance

A:Toshiba Satellite m40 battery problem

You might try updating the bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m40-battery-problem.185255/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi my toshiba satellite L550d when I play games my pc crushes the cpu when idle the temperature is 59-62 when playing games is 78-81 is it normal?

A:Toshiba Satellite overheating?

It depends, usually your CPU temperature shouldn't be that high during regular gaming, have you checked whether your laptop fan port is blocked up with dust? If its clear, and your still having problems, I would recommend looking into a laptop cooling pad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-overheating.185587/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have Windows XP SP that would not boot to the desktop on a Normal boot The system has SATA HDD amp SATA DVD-RW partition HDD XP -- Windows lost data problem on Red SATA ports on the Motherboard amp Black SATA port on the mother board I apologize but sadly I do NOT remember if the DVD drive or one of the HDD was in the Black SATA port I m not REALLY sure I Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost understand the difference but The system would boot up almost to the desktop so I was able to boot up in Safe Mode Once I could get to the desktop I looked at the System log in Event Viewer amp it showed that the controller was reporting drive errors on Hard Drive NOT the boot drive It was happening so much that it was virtually filling the Event Viewer amp making it Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost hard to see anything else in there amp kept the system from being able to boot to the desktop It never made it to where it said Windows was loading my personal settings I have never seen a NON-boot drive keep an XP system from being able to boot up Once I made it to where I could see the Event Viewer messages I shut the system down amp disconnected the quot bad quot drive amp restarted the system It then booted up fine but when I looked at the event Viewer is STILL showed Hard Drive errors I thought that it might be a bad cable so I shut the system down again amp connected the SATA cable that was connect to Hard Drive amp moved exchanged it with the one on Hard Drive amp booted the system I looked in the Event Viewer amp it was STILL showing Hard Drive errors so I opened quot Disk Management quot amp it thought the hard drive that I took out was still in the system At this point it was actually in another room Disk Management showed hard drive errors so I right clicked on the drive that wasn t even IN the system amp chose quot Delete Partition quot amp that made the drive errors stop Remember THAT hard drive was NOT in the system at the time I rebooted the system amp looked in Drive Management amp it reported quot Drive Missing quot When I looked in Event Viewer it STILL had Hard Drive errors NOW I suspect that this is REALLY a power issue amp NOT a hard drive or controller problem My power supply has leads Has SATA type amp IDE type type power connector Has SATA type Connectors Has IDE type amp Floppy type power connector I shut the system down again put the quot bad quot drive in the system disconnected all of the SATA cables amp power cables Plugged the HDD in the Red SATA ports left the DVD uplugged moved the power cables Of course I figured that since there where SATA power connectors on one lead it would be OK to plug in hard drives Keep in mind that this system has been running this way for years with showing this problem although now that I think about it the boot drive has failed times BUT they were all Seagate GB drives amp I have had those fail in several other systems FAR more often than the Hitatchi or Samsung However the WD drives have failed just as often as the Seagate Since I now suspected that this was a power problem I decided to plug in only of the HDD in the SATA power lead amp plugged the remaining HDD in the SATA power lead that the DVD was using amp I left the DVD disconnected I booted the system NOW my question Problem The drive that I took out of the system thinking it was bad now has NO partition When I deleted the partition on the HDD even though it was NOT in the system at the time that partitions are gone I have not done anything else to the drive since I found this problem so does ANYONE have ANY idea what I might be able to do to bring the partitions amp my TB of data back In UNIX there are format commands commands that can bring back files because they re not REALLY gone the allocation table is just not looking in the right place or something I realize this was a L-O-N-G amp Boring story but I had to go through the whole thing to explain the problem amp hopefully get a solution Thank you ... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-hdd-partition-problem-data-lost.183526/
Relevancy 24.94%

I'm very familiar with dial-up since I spent my first 10 years on it & loved it.
I then graduated to wi fi/DSL.
Ok, my question is why do I hear so much bad mouthing about Satellite being so slow? How can it be so slow when the signal travels thru air?
I can understand DSL, Dial-up & cable being slow because it travels thru wire, but not satellite.TIA

A:A question about DSL, dial-up, cable & satellite

Satelite broadband has high latency due to the signal being bounced from earth to space and back again. ( around 22 miles). Other conditions such as weather and line of sight can also affect performance.

Edit : 22 thousand is correct

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-question-about-dsl-dial-up-cable-satellite.183265/
Relevancy 22.36%

I bought a laptop from a on line site. It is a Dell Inspiron 1545. I'am not able to connect it to my wireless printer. It tells me that installation has failed every time I try. It has a bluetooth device installed on it. Help? What should I do????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-device.183156/
Relevancy 24.94%

im looking to increase the ram on my laptop but when I looked to see the sticks I see only one....and I ws told by various places (bestbuy, fryes and toshiba themselves that I have 2)

im looking in the bay above the battery with the little chip symbol near it....is this correct?

A:Toshiba Satellite L455D S5976 RAM

Does it look something like this?
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/adet.to?poid=422063

Perhaps bestbuy, Frys, etc are telling you that you have two slots in which RAM can be placed, not two sticks of RAM?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l455d-s5976-ram.182877/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L455-S5000. I've used it for many years and all the sudden when I opened it up, the log in screen froze. I couldn't do anything so I hard shut it down. (by just holding in the power button) Now, whenever I try to boot it back up, it gives me an error message saying "pxe-e61 media test failure check cable". I've googled it numerous times but found nothing. I also tried calling the Toshiba Help Center but they wanted to charge me for the call so I hung up with them. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jim

A:Problems with my Toshiba Satellite

>pxe-e61 media test failure check cable

this msg says it is attempting to boot using the NIC interface instead of the HD - - not good.
The question is if the HD partition is good &/or if it is bootable.

When I lost my Toshiba, it would not even run the POST so it was a bios/mb issue.
You need to get this drive attached to a good system so it can be analyze.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-my-toshiba-satellite.182502/
Relevancy 25.37%

I was working on the computer (Toshiba satellite A 100-232), when it suddenly froze. So I had to close it from the power button. After that it enters the "In touch with tomorrow - Toshiba " screen and then it just goes black forever. I can't enter bios with F2. Heeeelp, please!

A:Toshiba Satellite problem..

If you have or can get hold of a boot disk (Hiren's, UBCD, any live Linux distro or even a Windows install disk) you could try booting from it, to check whether it's a hardware failure (HDD could have failed or got disconnected) - assuming it's set up to boot from CD/DVD. Is it definitely F2 for setup? Some Satellites require holding Esc on start, then F1 when you get the Toshiba screen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-problem.181207/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi there, I have a toshiba satellite l350d, amd chipset, 2gb ram,athlon x2, running windows 7.
The computer switches on for about 15 secs then clicks off completely, will switch back on as soon as I press the button but just repeats. I have already reseated the processor, replaced the thermal tape on both cpu and gpu to no success. Have checked all connections. I would appreciate any ideas plz.

A:Toshiba Satellite l350d

Hi , It is now switching off after 5 secs with only minimal components connected as well, Help please, at my wits end with it.What I dont understand is that I had it running for 1 full day after replacing the dc jack, upgraded to windows 7 from vista and also replaced the touchpad ribbon as this was damaged. switched it off for the night and awoke to this??????

PS. I have tested the power switch, fan is ok

Correction : 1ST switch on lasts 15 secs and attempts boot
switch back on lasts for 5 secs if it try again it goes off but wait a short time and its back to 15secs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l350d.181172/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all I have been having a problem with my wireless intern network connection I have a sneaky suspicion that my service provider is doing all they can to not have this be there problem Sequence of events -Wireless connection intermittently stops impedance lost, connection Wireless problem...what? working - times a week for the past month -Service provider said it was probably the router -Bought a new router Problem still occurring -Service provider said it Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what? was my wireless network card Told them that ALL the laptops in the house don t work Okay well then that s not the problem -I go look at the modem Power light-ON Send amp Receive- Blinking Cable Light- OFF -Told me my modem was offline Said it was probably an impedance issue Not sure what that means -Unscrewed the cable Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what? touched the inside with my finger screwed it back in rebooted computers All computers working -Previous technicians said to unplug the power to both modem and router that works temporarily I m not sure what is going on here and I am no wiz with this stuff but I am now thinking this is either a problem with the cable line OR the cable modem I keep getting different answers from the cable company and they tell me I might have to have someone come out to look into the issue which of course I will be billed for Already paid for a new router How should I deal with this nbsp

A:Wireless connection lost, impedance problem...what?

The company should be able to supply you with a new modem to attempt a fix. This should not be something you are billed for, generally you should be billed if the issue is caused by something other then their product(the Modem) or the telephone line leading to your house+the demarcation point.. These are all things that the ISP should be covering.

Does this issue happen when you are connected by Ethernet cable? Or JUST wireless?

If this is limted to a wireless issue then I would say that it is an issue that is fixable on your part:

Things to look at: Phone lines(Filters on your phones)
Wireless Phones, Microwaves, any new wireless devices in the house.. Wireless devices can cause interferance with eachother. lots of wireless phones work on the 2.4GHz frequency, the same frequency that 802.11 works on (Wireless) If this fixes the issue, try each phone separtly to narrow down the issue.

To eliminate phones as the issue, you could disconnect all your phones in the house, and test your wireless connection and see if it improves. To make sure it is not due to distance/interferance (Physically) Set up the laptop within 3 feet of the router and see if any issues happen connecting to the router.

Microwaves also work on the 2.4GHz frequency at times and can cause interference when running, but this would be a rare disconnect.

Lastly, if this is simply an issue overall (Wireless and hardwired(ethernet)) then I would suggest connecting to their modem directly, ensuing there is nothing between you and their device. IF there is still an issue, replace the cables between the Modem (The phone cable) as well as the ethernet cable to your computer.. If there are still issues then this is left to the ISP to fix and should not be at your cost.

You pay for their services and this should include the service and repair of their device. Modems tend to break down/overheat and have issues over time, they should be able to supply you with a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-lost-impedance-problem-what.180395/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m trying to help figure out what the problem with my sister s computer is and hoping someone may be able to help me figure it out I have internet service thru at amp t U-verse and I get wireless P755-S5320 connection Satellite with Slow on an average download speed connection of Mbps She s had her laptop for about a month and it was working fine up until about a week Slow wireless connection with Satellite P755-S5320 ago Her connection download speed is now about Mbps and she used to get over Mbps I ve tried running CCleaner run a virus scan using Vipre AntiVirus I ve Checked to make sure she doesn t have a lot of programs that will open on start-up Also checked her Task Manager to see what she has opened when her laptop is on and does not have many programs opened I also cheked to make sure she has the latest drivers Everything looks good so I can t figure out Slow wireless connection with Satellite P755-S5320 why her wireless internet connection has slowed down by more than all of a sudden She has not installed or downloaded anything at all that would be the reason for the problem My desktop has no problems I connect at speeds of Mbps while hers has slowed down Again not long ago her speeds used to be over Mbps Thanks in advance for any help This is the laptop information Toshiba Satellite P -S Windows Home Premium - Slow wireless connection with Satellite P755-S5320 Bit operating system Processor i - M CPU GHz RAM GB Hard Disk Drive GB GB free Wireless Adapter Intel Wifi Link BGN nbsp

A:Slow wireless connection with Satellite P755-S5320

Have you tried connecting her laptop using wired connection and check the speed? The further her laptop is from the access point (your router) the weaker the signal gets so as her download speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-wireless-connection-with-satellite-p755-s5320.176183/
Relevancy 24.08%

Sorry I wasn t exactly sure where to post this thread I looked up how to remove this warning that keeps coming up on this forum earlier and followed the procedure someone posted about renaming a file called TWARNMSG EXE i couldn t find that file and as the problems and the make of laptop were slightly different I thought I d post my issue My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C - W and I have a message that keeps coming up every seconds headed quot System Warning quot and reads quot Warning A problem with the cooling system has been detected C660-16W cooling Pro warning system -- Satellite Repetitive Toshiba Next Line Please turn off the computer immediately and return it for service quot I have had this warning coming up for months and tolerated it but it has gotten worse and annoyed me for the last time I can hear the fan and the computer is not over heating No other issues arise like the computer slowing down it just gets in the way of what I am doing like typing right now As I have typed it s already popped up - times Please help soon this is preventing me from gaming and even other things by now Thanks nbsp

A:Repetitive cooling system warning -- Toshiba Satellite Pro C660-16W

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Please stay subscribed.

Note: TWarnMsg twarnmsg.exe > Toshiba System Warning Function for Windows 98, Me, 2000 - provides notification dialog when the cooling fan stops ...

This is a valid program, but it is up to you whether or not you want it to run on startup.
---------------------------------------
There are some rogue programs that give fake alerts or 'critical system messages.' But this isn't one of them. It is specific to the brand of system you have. It might be that someone in the other forum has another idea- but my suggestion would be to take it to a show and have them open and clean out the box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repetitive-cooling-system-warning-toshiba-satellite-pro-c660-16w.179374/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

My L500 fan is no longer working correctly

I am getting this message

Warning:a problem with the cooling system has been detected. please turn off the computer immediately, and return it for service.

The fan runs inconsistently (always for a few seconds on start-up, very sporadically the rest of the time, but it is completely stationary for the most part.

The computer is currently in pieces, and I am ready to replace the fan with a new one, however im not sure that will fix the problem (as the fan still seems to sometimes run).

Thread Name - 'My Toshiba Satellite l500 cooling fan has stopped working'
This closed thread had a post at the bottom by kristain, has anyone else encountered and resolved something along these lines

Please excuse the lack of link/PM (new member restrictions)

A:Toshiba Satellite l500 cooling error

Are you going to replace the fan or the entire cooling heatsink and fan? Was the heatsink clogged with dust? Keep in mind, this also may be a motherboard issue

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l500-cooling-error.179149/
Relevancy 21.93%

Toshiba Satellite L305-5955, Ive taken apart and replaced power jack. Not directly soldered to motherboard. While still apart, and battery out/in, connected power supply and still absolutely no response. Power supply is NOT original, and slightly different specs, i.e original 19v..6.3A

current 19v..3.1A

A:Toshiba Satellite L305-5955 does not respond to power supply, new power jack

Almost certainly the problem is that the current rating is wrong, if the laptop needs
6.3 A of current, it won't function on less (just as you can't use a 3A fuse for a kettle!)
Unfortunately it must be the right current rating, I know, I've been caught that way too!
Maybe you can exchange it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-l305-5955-does-not-respond-to-power-supply-new-power-jack.179540/
Relevancy 24.51%

Following instructions I opened and cleaned the interior electronics after it developed overheating problems that would result in it powering down. Following reassembly the computer will eventually restart but only after failing bootup at leastg two times. At initial startup or boot from hibernation the computer does not appear to reach boot source but emits a series of beeps, first 1 beep, then 3 beeps, another three beeps, and finally 1 beep. These are all about 1 second long and seperated by 1 second. Pressing and holding the start button again sometimes resuls in a full repeat of the above or the computer emits the series of 1single beats, 4 beats, one second long and one second seperation. Eventually pressing and holding he power button will evenually result in hearing the computer attempt to boot from the CD ROM (which is second on the list after the Internal HDD). Any help would be appreciated.

A:Satellite M105 bootup problem -- series of 1 second beeps

There is a very good explanation of "Beep Codes" here:-
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html
Hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/satellite-m105-bootup-problem-series-of-1-second-beeps.179467/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am running Win 7 64 on a built PC. I had a gforce 9500 and 4 gigs of RAM on a Asus M4A77TD mobo. I upgraded to a GTX 550 Ti 2g and 8 gigs of 1600 RAM.

Just before I upgraded and the partial reason for the upgrade was the 9500 was making a weird grinding sound and the com started losing signal to the video card and the usb connections (Keyboard and mouse).

I thought installing the new equipment would fix the issue, but alas it has not. Its not after anything specific that it happens. I was running a game for 2 hours and it happened, I also left my comp on over night and it happened when I got up in the morning. It would seem to be more a time or length of time the computer is on that it will happen.

Any thoughts, help or solutions?

Thanks guys!

A:Video and USB device loss

You put in a lot better graphic card and you increased the RAM.

Still on the same power supply?

Thats my thoughts, replace the power supply with something good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-and-usb-device-loss.179407/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S that had an issue where it would short when a optical drive was plugged in Won t have any display or responses with the drive If I unplug the drive it on directly putting HDD? A135, Satellite OS Toshiba seems to work fine My problem is that this system will not boot to a bootable USB and though it tries to load windows from other laptops drives I don t have any drives from similar enough systems to boot with Anyone have any ideas on how I can install directly to the hard drive I did Toshiba Satellite A135, putting OS directly on HDD? this once with a linux build and I don t mind going this route again if someone has a suggested linux for this and a way to do it Or if anyone has any idea how I could create a bootable partition with a windows xp install on it I considered setting the hard drive as the drive for my usb stick boot utility but I remember last time I tried something similiar it took quite a bit of tweaking to get it to work nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A135, putting OS directly on HDD?

"My problem is that this system will not boot to a bootable USB"...

Can you borrow an external USB CD/DVD drive, and install the OS that way? Otherwise you will have to replace the internal CD/DVD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a135-putting-os-directly-on-hdd.178809/
Relevancy 21.93%

I got in a HP DV - DX today with the error code F which then says quot No boot device present Install operating system quot This system was apperantly running normally and then was going slow so the user reset it and started getting that error I thought this was a dying drive or corrupt boot sector but this code continued to any will DV7-1245DX not boot HP device when the hard drive had been removed and the system would find no other boot devices I tried bootable cd s dvd s and a bootable USB stick that I know works and the system does not see any The odd thing is it CAN run a disk scan on the hard drive when its plugged in It just does not see it in the boot manager The boot manager is actually blank showing no HP DV7-1245DX will not boot to any device options for devices I setup the boot order properly and made sure quot HP DV7-1245DX will not boot to any device cd drive quot HP DV7-1245DX will not boot to any device was enabled as a boot device but this changed nothing I tried bios defaults also I removed the memory tested each individually unplugged the power and cmos and put everything back in plugged in another hard drive with a different windows install nothing changes the error I put the original hard drive in an enclosure and ran a MBR rebuild on it with EASEUS and a disk scan which returned no errors the system still could not boot to the device The only thing I can think at this point is that the disk controller went bad Any other thoughts I have tried multiple motherboard repair services around the country for previous laptops with motherboard issues but never found a reliable one usually get them back to die a few days later so if this is a disk controller issue this system gets sold for parts nbsp

A:HP DV7-1245DX will not boot to any device

Just an update, I fixed this in a way that makes absolutely no sense. I gave up and then just started messing around with it. I put two hard drives in instead of 1 and it booted right up. Removed them put back in the original now it works fine. All I can think of is that the drive controller was somehow corrrupted, and even with bios reset stayed messed up; then the 2 drives somehow got it working again (2 drives providing input somehow fired it up?). Anyways, I hope this obscure happenstance helps someone else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv7-1245dx-will-not-boot-to-any-device.171739/
Relevancy 21.5%

hi, I have a 2 year old emachine e630 notebook with both usb ports broken. I do not want to spend money replacing ports. I can't find detailed information about the mb except that it is an acer e630 mb. i would like to know if the mb has a socket for an internal blue tooth device or where i can find this information. I have looked at the on line manual but there is no mention of socket.

I would be very grateful for any information, and as this is my 1st post on any forum site i hope its in the right place, thank you

A:Can I put a internal Bluetooth device into a eMachines e630

You could use one of these... If the PCMCIA socket is still working:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/13107698/billionton-class-1-pcmcia-bluetooth-adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-put-a-internal-bluetooth-device-into-a-emachines-e630.178528/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, I'm having problems with my Hp Pavilon g6-1b60us Notebook pc.... (laptop)
at first i thought it was the hard drive that was dead , don't know! i bought a new one and still says no bootable device> is it the cable ??? maybe ,,, I need urgent HELP!
(it says first>> media test failure, check cable
After it says>> No Bottable device-- insert boot disk and press any key
i tried installing windows xp because it's the only C.D i have, but when it comes to accepting the terms ... it says press F8... and i press it and it does press .....
soooo can someone help me pleaseeeee!! thank U! God Bless

A:No bootable device -- why?

sjhoann said:

i tried installing windows xp because it's the only C.D i have, but when it comes to accepting the terms ... it says press F8... and i press it and it does press .....Click to expand...

You need to wait about this many more after you press F8 .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
no joke, good luck!

Don't you have the restore disk that came with it? Check HP's website for info on system restore.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-bootable-device-why.178382/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Toshiba satellite a d-s The specs for this can be found here reviews cnet com laptops toshiba-satellite-a d-s - - html Sorry for no link but I am apparently not allowed to do that yet I bought it new and it came with windows vista A couple (Toshiba speed High host issue Satellite) controller years later I upgraded to windows Upgrading to the new OS was fine but then later I needed to upgrage yet again to bit This unfortunately was not as easy and I need to wipe the drive clean and start fresh Now there are a couple issues with the host controllers the main being that I keep getting warnings saying that the devices I plug in can run faster if I were to use a high speed High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) port This confuses me because the USB ports are but they are acting like they are I have done everything I can think of to get these to function correctly but nothing I do seems to work The second issue which isn t as annoying is that when I move the screen the sound for High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) connect disconnect a USB device is played and the little popup for quot new device connected quot is shown I am unsure why the screen is acting like it s a USB device I have disabled the notifications and sounds for all ports now but I would kind of like to know why this is happening Do anyone know how I can solve these problems I have checked multiple forums and have been searching for an answer for about months now with no luck I think I have provided enough information but if anyone needs more just let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

A:High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-speed-host-controller-issue-toshiba-satellite.178296/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello,

I am having a very annoying issue with my toshiba satellite L755-S5216. It boots up fine but sometimes while im doing work on the computer(just normal schoolwork and such) the screen will go black with a redish line that flickers on the left side of the screen. The only way to fix it is to do a shutdown holding the power button. Is there anyway to fix this...or is it just the inverter that i have read on a few posts on this site?

Thanks

A:Screen going black on Toshiba Satellite L755-S5216

A laptop repair person can fix this for you. It could be a bad LCD panel

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-going-black-on-toshiba-satellite-l755-s5216.176752/
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a 2 years old Toshiba which was working perfectly last night. This morning when I turned it on, nothing happened. The power light is on as well as the battery one. I tried taking the battery out, and also the hard drive, I also tried turning it off and on several times...nothing! now I took the battery off and plugged it so it would work on the charger, but still nothing. Do I have hopes?

A:My Satellite L350 died :(

Hard to say. You need to have a qualified tech take a quick look at it... it may require a new motherboard, or some work on that one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-satellite-l350-died.177447/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

A:Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-hardware-upgrade.177064/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello,

I have a Telstra Elite Mobile WiFi device that I use for work. Currently I have four Laptop computers that connect through this device to the internet; however, I have another four devices that need to be able to connect to the internet and was wondering if there was anyway that I could connect a wireless router to the Telstra WiFi device to enable the extra devices to use the internet connection through the one mobile broadband device.

Regards,

Goldy.

A:Can I connect a router to a Telstra Elite mobile Wi-Fi device

the features make note

Connects up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devicesClick to expand...

which says it is acting like a router for itself. That allows you to attach a SWITCH
to one port and add your extra devices to the switch.

If you already have an extra router, connect a port from the Telstra Elite to a LAN port on the router (leave the WAN port empty).
You will also need to disable the DHCP service in the second router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-connect-a-router-to-a-telstra-elite-mobile-wi-fi-device.176626/
Relevancy 18.49%

HI all, i have this external hdd verbatim 2tb and it has been working fine for a while but all of the sudden it stopped working, i changed the power cable and it started working again but there is still a problem.

It won't show up in my computer and even the program KILLDISK says it isn't ready...
please i need help regarding this as fast as possible.

also in disk manager it say's not initialized and when i try to initialize it say's device not ready as well...

in device manager the hdd has the name USB device and nothing else, i've tried to reinstall the drivers, changing usb cable. I would love to format it but no program seem to see it as a HDD so please i need help...

thank you for reading

// mackesacke

A:HDD shows as "device not ready"

etc

also there is not any valuable information on the disk either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-shows-as-device-not-ready.176646/
Relevancy 24.51%

To start I left my laptop off for two days while away on vacation I return home and attempt to load it and receive the windows error message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I am left with options to boot start windows boot manager to load windows normally When I try option at the bottom of screen there s a bar that says loading windows file and then the screen goes to a black screen with an arrow never to load--even after a substantial amount of time hours When I try option it goes to the windows logo screen for a couple of minutes and then returns to the error message screen I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows bit My year warranty on the laptop just ended less than a month ago and when contacting Toshiba they note this Upon a minute conversation I was told that the harddrive crashed and needs to be replaced as well as windows OS I just don t understand what could have happened because prior to leaving for vacation L655 start failed Windows Toshiba Satellite to - windows was functioning no problem My laptop is not making any weird sounds I just want to be sure their solution is necessary or is there any other solutions I could try before dishing out for this computer Also know any strategies getting around out of date warranty when right outside within weeks of the warranty period nbsp

A:Windows failed to start - Toshiba Satellite L655

I don't know if you got this settled, but it sounds like the hard drive might be okay if you can re-format and re-load Windows fresh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-start-toshiba-satellite-l655.175786/