Windows Support Forum

M5400 doesn't boot and doesn't detect anything

Q: M5400 doesn't boot and doesn't detect anything

Hello,I have a big problem with my 5400, after changing the hard disk for a bigger one and realizing it wasn't detected by the bios, I decided to reinstall the previous one. Now the computer doesn't start windows and it doesn't load the windows dvd from the dvd reader. I've tried to boot from a usb drive but it seems the usb ports aren't detected by the bios.I've noticed that the dvd driver and the hdd is not detected for the bios if the sata mode is set to AHCI but they are detected when "compatibilty" mode is set.I've also tried to get into the diagnosis utility but I'm getting this weird message:BPF Version Check ErrorWhat's this?After showing the message, the computer restarts and I can't access the utility.If anyone has some info regarding this, I'd appreciate it.Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: M5400 doesn't boot and doesn't detect anything

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: M5400 doesn't boot and doesn't detect anything

it also happened to me. You solved?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/M5400-doesn-t-boot-and-doesn-t-detect-anything/td-p/2246251
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi Everyone nbsp I'm sorry if a similar question doesn't and the Y580 charge charger doesn't detect has already Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger been posted here but I couldn't find it myself I'm having really weird problems with my brand new Y It doesn't detect the charger and because of this - won't charge I managed to figure out how to temporarily fix the problem but it keeps on happening Long story short nbsp What's wrong after applying a temporary fix and the laptop IS charging when I unplug the charger and plug it back in again the laptop doesn't detect it it keeps on draining the battery and does't prompt that a charger is connected The same happens when I close the lid and open it again - the charger magically disconnects itself nbsp My temporary fix I somehow managed to get the laptop working when connected to the charger after applying these steps nbsp OS shut downbattery removedcharger unpluggedpressed power button once just for a second charger plugged to a different wall socketcharger plugged to the laptoppower button pressed once laptop boots up when the OS loads up battery inserted again nbsp As I mentioned this fixes my problem only temporarily as I can't close the lid or unplug the charger without repeating the same procedure I'm pretty sure the same thing happens when I simply switch the laptop off from the OS level nbsp I'm using Windows now but the same thing happended when I was on Windows nbsp Has anybody had a similar experience I appreciate your help and advice nbsp Piotr nbsp

A:Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger

Hi again, I checked the charger again and it seems that it's not working when I unplug it a plug it back in. If I get the charger working and close/open the lid or restart the machine, it is still working fine. Any ideas why unplugging and re-plugging the charger makes it unavailable for the laptop? Piotr

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-doesn-t-charge-and-doesn-t-detect-the-charger/td-p/971277
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,
I am having a strange issue with my windows 8 pc as it sometimes doesn't detect any network present and i have to restart it again to get the network. The issue happens usually every time i boot. But restarting once solves it. Any help?

A:Windows 8 doesn't detect network after boot

I'm having a similar issue. If I am not connected to an Ethernet upon boot, I cannot get connectivity after plugging in my Ethernet, nor does the Device Manager detect my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P dual NIC's. I have to reboot with the Ethernet inserted before the OS loads. then all works as should be. Strange.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12442-windows-8-doesnt-detect-network-after-boot.html
Relevancy 81.7%

This is the message I get everytime I run the auto detect driver util.
Driver detection not available Please try again later or use the Find it Myself tab to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product.
The laptop I use is 'XPS 15 9550'

A:Dell auto driver detect detect doesn't work any more?

I may be able to help.  I will be sending you a friend request so that I may get your information. 
Please accept the request. 

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980609
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a dell inspiron n it has the following specs years since purchse core i GB b of RAM nvidia gt graphics card gb dedicated Windows bit GB HDD The laptop was or screen booting turn beeps no doesn't on, Laptop boot, sounds doesn't are heard error working fine yesterday and when i went to sleep i properly turned it off without any errors occurring Today when i turned it on - -the power button turns on -the three support buttons on the top Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard right corner of the laptop flash -i can see battery and power notification lights but the hard drive light doesn t blink or turn on -i can hear and in fact glimpse the fan working -the screen shows nothing it isn t a black screen because that would imply that the screen still turns on but the screen remains off nbsp -I hear no error beeps or any kind of booting sounds -I should also probably mention that recently the AC adapter of the laptop wasn t working properly and i had part of its main connecting wires replaced while keeping the circuit board or main work board intact and it worked fine after that but i am guessing the repair may have something to do with this new issue I have tried the hard reset or flea power method hoping it would solve the problem but it hasn t work even after multiple attempts The laptop is no longer under warranty and if the issue is dire and i suspect it is i would have to send the computer to a dell support nbsp and repair center and i have nbsp heard maintenance and repair costs may be as much as the laptop s price depending on the nature of the fault nbsp But at this moment i have no idea what the fault is nbsp Please suggest any faults that may cause such a situation and a suitable course of action for a solution

A:Laptop doesn't boot, screen doesn't turn on, no error beeps or booting sounds are heard

This fixed my problem with my Lenovo. Thanks so much!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19516269
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I have a small problem but a big problem for me.. So I bought the LED Samsunng SycnmasterEX1920X yesterday and I my video card is MSI n430gt... Is there anyway to reset my setting on the DVI-i port of my video card because when I plug my VGA to the Monitor and start up my PC it detects my monitor and in Nvidia Control Panel But If I plug my DVI-i and start up my PC... It doesn't detect my monitor even at the Nvidia Control Panel... Does anyone know what is my problem? Please.... Help me...Because I need to use the DVI-i to use Nvdia Scaling Aspect Ratio....
Motherboard: Asus p7p55d-e pro
8gb ram
video card: MSI n430 Gt
Monitor: Samsung LED SyncMaster EX1920X
I use DVI-I to DVI-i Cable... Thanks.....

A:DVI-I doesn't detect my monitor, can I detect it in settings?

You already have a thread started for this problem here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic162995.html

Please do not post the same problem more than once. Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-i-doesnt-detect-my-monitor-can-i-detect-it-in-settings.163130/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I got trouble booting my laptop it s a Compaq presario -XL I do not know the exact detail of the system except that its a pentium with mhz and ram running Windows XP professional version service pack When I boot the computer it gives me the messege CPU Intel R Mobile Pentium R III processor MHz K Sytem Ram passed Extended Ram Passed Serial Presence Detect SPD Unavailable - memory speed unkown SPD required for reliable operation System Halted Click to expand It does not let me get into the bios the bios screen apears Presence unkow" memory doesn't boot (SPD) "Serial Unavailable speed - Laptop - Detect for seconds and then goes streight to the Laptop doesn't boot - "Serial Presence Detect (SPD) Unavailable - memory speed unkow" error messege I tried unpluging the RAM the computer then boots as normal veeeery slow obviously I also tried reseting the bios as I can enter the bios when unpluging the ram I also tried to put a similar ram module into the computer from a computer of the same kind It causes me to think there is a serious hardware problem somewhere so I put it into the hardware forum The error occured after not using the computer for weeks I also have not installed any new soft or hardware and the ram is installed properly with no obvious sings of a problem I would very much appriciate any help sauhund nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't boot - "Serial Presence Detect (SPD) Unavailable - memory speed unkow"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-boot-serial-presence-detect-spd-unavailable-memory-speed-unkow.520128/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have Acer S3-391 with Windows 7. The original 500GB Hitachi hdd failed and I decided to replace it with 240GB Kingston SSD drive (model V300). Problem is that even BIOS (latest v1.29) doesn't detect it.BIOS lists HDD0 as "None" and HDD1 as "SATA SDD", which is probably the integrated 20GB SDD drive.Any hdd I have tested with, will be detected normally, but not this SDD drive.  SDD drive is new and I have tested it with other computer and it works fine.Unfortunately I don't have any other SSD drive to test with. Does this "BIOS" model support SSD drives at all ? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/S3-391-doesn-t-detect-SSD/td-p/445324/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi. I'm new to this forum and it's my first post. Recently im having problem with my pc.
These few days my pc start not to behave normally. Sometimes it just will hang suddenly. And now I have a clean install window 7 home premium 64 bit and now I'm stuck with the set up window part becaus it won't detect any USB port at all. I tried to insert all USB port to see if it can detect my mouse or keyboard. I've tried it on another pc and it works fine. I really need help. My pc now is like without hand and leg but only body.
This is my pc spec

intel core i5-2500k,gigabyte z68ap-d3 mainboard,asus gtx550 graphic card,kingston ddr3 4gb ram,500gb sata harddisk,cooler master 500w power supply,coolermaster glite 310 casing,lg dvd writer

A:How do I fix my USB that it doesn't detect anything at all

You're saying it doesn't detect any USB port. Is that because when you try to use a keyboard or mouse, you see no response on the screen?

If so, couple of things you could try:
1) If your motherboard has both USB 3.0 ports and USB 2.0 ports, make sure the keyboard and mouse are BOTH plugged into the USB 2.0 ports.
2) Go into your BIOS settings and see if you have an option to enable or disable legacy mode. If you have that option and legacy mode is disabled, then enable it and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/261589-how-do-i-fix-my-usb-doesnt-detect-anything-all.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have Acer S3-391 with Windows 7. The original 500GB Hitachi hdd failed and I decided to replace it with 240GB Kingston SSD drive (model V300). Problem is that even BIOS (latest v1.29) doesn't detect it.BIOS lists HDD0 as "None" and HDD1 as "SATA SDD", which is probably the integrated 20GB SDD drive.Any hdd I have tested with, will be detected normally, but not this SDD drive.  SDD drive is new and I have tested it with other computer and it works fine.Unfortunately I don't have any other SSD drive to test with. Does this "BIOS" model support SSD drives at all ? 

A:S3-391 doesn't detect SSD

What does diskmgmt.msc show ? I switched the WD 500GB for a Samsung EVO in my R3 and other than being A Lot faster there was no problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/S3-391-doesn-t-detect-SSD/td-p/445324
Relevancy 73.96%

Windows SE A week ago I used Audiograbber to rip an audio cd I used Soundforge to edit And then used Nero to burn an audio cd Burned ok But when I went to play Windows CD player came on and says it doesn t detect any data on the cd Interesting this is I then used Soundforge and could play from that same audio cd which is a cd-r I can burn a data cd and Windows sees that just not audio I ve burned audio cd s audio cd PC doesn't detect before with no problem Also btw not sure if this matters I did a Microsoft update and had to do re-install a few drivers etc Any clues as to how I can get control back for my cd player in Windows I thought it might PC doesn't detect audio cd have been a driver or something but all my drivers PC doesn't detect audio cd are up to date cable are plugged in in the cd-rom I must be missing something but can t see it knock Thanks very much nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-detect-audio-cd.20540/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I heres the problem:
My PC will no longer detect USB devices: My Mp3 Player/Memory Stick, My Web Cam or my Mobile Phone Data Cable.

usualy when you plug a USB device in to windows XP OS you hear that sort of 'bong' sound and the icon appears in the sys tray, right? it isnt doing that no more and my mem stick doesnt show up in 'my computer' or device manager, although when i plug it in it powers on (same with all the devices)

I have tryed both front and back USB slots on my PC.

Is there a service your PC depends on to run these? i have quite a few disabled due to low RAM, but i don't know which one it could be (if it is this)

Spec:
Windows XP Pro 2002 service pack 2.
AMD Semp 2600+
256MB RAM
ASROCK K7S41 Mobo

Cheers for any help.

A:PC Doesn't detect USB devices

Check your CMOS if there any setting there to turn them off. I would try to obtain a PCI USB card and try that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-usb-devices.393158/
Relevancy 73.96%

can u guys help me my cd drives doesn't detect any of my cd
the drive is located and windows says its properly connected but none of the cd works
the light turns on and everything
tried to reformatt but teh drive won't respond

A:my cd drive doesn't detect cd

If all the drivers are installed and the computer reconises it the the Cd-rom is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-drive-doesnt-detect-cd.269391/
Relevancy 73.96%

hi,

last saturday i could install win xp pro sp2 without having any problems. all is running good. but there is one problem : the system doesn't detect my scanner (genius colorpage hr6x series) i can install the device with the hardware wizard. the device manager tells me that the device is working properly. but after restarting the computer it tells me: scanner not found. i tried it many times but always the same: scanner not detected. i checked at genius for new drivers. but they didn't have new ones.

what can i do? i need some help. thanks in advance.

A:win xp pro sp2 doesn't detect scanner

SP2 is still not yet stable and Microsoft, revert back to SP1 may help, Microsoft needs to get more bugs out of SP2.

Another thing is some scanner goes into power saving mode after a few mins, this happened to my own scanner which turns off itself from time to time and Widnows couldn't find it. Some parallel cable jsut die on you too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-pro-sp2-doesnt-detect-scanner.266123/
Relevancy 73.96%

my cd drive doesn't detect any cds
it shows the drive in my computer but it says no cd is in it
i tried to reformatt but can't sdince the cd drive doesn't work
if anyone who knows how to solve or have this problem plz help me
thanx alot

A:Help! My Cd drive doesn't detect cd

First, it could be lint or trash has gotten into and covered laser. Second, it could be the drive motor not coming up to speed or not at all! My sugestion would be try a couple of short burst of canned air to make sure you dislodge any dust. Then try a Cd, when drawer closes with a Cd on it, put a finger or two on the face plate you should feel the motor strat up or attempt to do so. If nothing happens then you need to replace Cd player!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-cd-drive-doesnt-detect-cd.269942/
Relevancy 73.96%

My motherboard is the IC7-MAX3, a very nice mother board. Although the BIOS does not detect my DVD-ROM's.

I am running Windows XP Professional and have 2 SATA HArd Drive's. When I go to my hardware profiles this is what it says.
! Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
! Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device

I have 2 of them. Windows see's them but the BIOS doesn't. I have updated my BIOS to the current version. I have tried everything, even switching the IDE cables. The DVD-ROM's work in other computers.

?????WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?????

A:BIOS Doesn't Detect DVD-ROM's.

From what you have listed, the exclamation indicates that you have a conflict with another hardware in your machine. Keep eliminating each device until you get to the bottom of which one is actually causing problems. Not quite sure but it could be that other DVD-ROM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-doesnt-detect-dvd-roms-76104.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a sanyo x1200 and I have loaded the cd, but when I plug my camera in, to download my photos it says device cannot be detected.

A:pc doesn't detect my camera

The rediculous question from personal experience when I first got a digital camera and tried to download pictures. ( Still remember the smirk on my wife's face. )

Did you turn the camera on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-my-camera.861081/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a custom build computer I put together about 2 years ago. Ever since my CDRW would sometimes show up and most of the time not show up as one of my drives. Recently I started using my CDRW for storage, but I am still facing this problem with Windows not seeing my drive. Does anyone have any suggestion. I have a Windows 2000 Professional. My CDRW is Accer "CRW 1610". Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 73.96%

I detect doesn't BIOS HDD couldn t find a BIOS category so I figured this forum BIOS doesn't detect HDD was the closest fit with my problem In a nutshell my Dell Dimension BIOS is claiming my drive that has been working without incident for a year is suddenly quot not installed quot I ve been using a Dell Dimension P GHz for a couple of years without problems One of my other computers randomly decided to stop working another story altogether so I used the Dell to do analysis on the drive Since it was a SeaGate hard drive I used SeaGate s online scanner to scan it for errors because I suspected it was faulty I also did some virus scans I restarted a little while later and the Dell computer would get stuck on the Dell post screen It wouldn t even go into BIOS after I hit DEL it would freeze So I flashed the BIOS A from Dell s website after reading some threads stating that maybe I had screwed up the BIOS I was really confused as to why things were messed up I still had the same issue where it would get permanently stuck after the memory testing on the post screen and wouldn t let me access the BIOS I did some more reading and read that hardware components could be messing up the computer load process It turns out my CD-Rom drive was faulty or something so when I removed it BIOS was accessible However now I faced a new problem BIOS doesn t recognize the original drive that was in the Dell which is connected to a PCI slot via a Promise Ultra TX ATA controller card So Windows won t load because my computer doesn t think there s a drive installed The Dell tries to load PXE and other networking stuff but of course fails Oddly the screen following the ATA card detection process after post and BIOS loading the computer lists all the IDE devices and properly identifies HDD- as a Maxtor mb drive which it is The Dell BIOS is pretty limited in customization In the past it has always successfully detected installed hardware Under IDE Configuration my other CD-ROM is listed the one that isn t faulty but under HDD- it says quot not installed quot I chose auto-detect I tried the drive in question on another computer on the IDE motherboard slot not through a controller card and it is recognized just fine I can t use this drive directly on the Dell s motherboard IDE slot because it s an old computer and I will get data corruption since the drive is larger than GB I figured that issue out long ago I updated the BIOS with the ATA controller card BIOS upgrade file from Promise s website The jumper settings are set to Master I ve swapped IDE cables PCI slots and power cables Ooops while I was tying this I restarted the computer after switching PCI slots for the ATA controller card and now when I restart I get a black screen that says quot Invalid Boot Diskette Insert BOOT diskette in A quot There is no disk in the floppy drive Could I have a BIOS virus Does something like that exist Could that be why the drive on the other computer failed and then the CD-Rom drive on the Dell and now this error Thanks for any help and I apologize if this is rather long-winded nbsp

A:BIOS doesn't detect HDD

Thanks for the reply, but I had done that already. I loaded the default and the custom setting, and neither did anything.

Now I don't even see the hard drive listed in the post-POST screen. I immediately see "insert boot diskette." I removed the floppy drive and it still says it, although it waits a little bit longer with a blinking cursor before the message pops up.

I did try a different HDD (through the ATA controller card) with the computer and it still wasn't detected. I then tried attaching this HDD (20GB) via an IDE motherboard slot (the other one is occupied by the CD-ROM). The HDD was not detected in BIOS, but the CD-ROM is. Then, I removed the CD-ROM from its cable and attached it to the same IDE cable as the newly-connected HDD. Still no dice. Finally, I switched both devices (now on the same 80-pin IDE cable) to the motherboard IDE slot that the CD-ROM drive was originally attached to. BIOS detects both the HDD and the CD-ROM drive.

I've never seen or heard about a virus that infects a BIOS from a hard drive. I really wish I knew what the source of my problem is. I think it's really odd that my hard drive on one computer would get Windows corruption (the one I was scanning with the Dell; other files are still intact), then the CD-ROM on another computer fail (the one in the Dell), and then a motherboard IDE slot stop working, completely independently on the same day. I've heard of viruses being able to destroy computer components by over-clocking them, but I never witnessed any odd performance. The likelihood of me having a virus is remote, but possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-doesnt-detect-hdd.101778/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a custom build computer I put together about 2 years ago. Ever since my CDRW would sometimes show up and most of the time not show up as one of my drives. Recently I started using my CDRW for storage, but I am still facing this problem with Windows not seeing my drive. Does anyone have any suggestion. I have a Windows 2000 Professional. My CDRW is Accer "CRW 1610". Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-my-cdrw.110074/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys so i have computers with the same problem the nd is an old comp so I m not too bothered about I noticed my computer was getting a little noisey so i thought i PC Monitor doesn't detect d clean all the dust out of it st comp i took the CPU and graphics Monitor doesn't detect PC card off to blow the dust out also Monitor doesn't detect PC i blew air into the PSU fan The computer boots up sounds perfect but about minutes uptime it will still be powered but my monitor just goes into standby i tried with my TV too and the same issue nd comp I hadn t used for about year i tried hooking up to monitor and it just doesn t respond i ve tried with another monitor too and still the same also tried using a different VGA cable monitor remains standby But unlike my other computer this one doesn t even display for minutes Any ideas on what can be causing this suspiciou nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't detect PC

i took the CPU and graphics card off to blow the dust out...Click to expand...

What do you mean you took the CPU off? Do you mean the heatsink? The heatsink fan? If you removed the heatsink from the CPU, did you clean off the old thermal compound and apply fresh compound? If not, the CPU is overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-detect-pc.146809/
Relevancy 73.96%

I just detect SSD? my doesn't Why my BIOS won a new Intel SSD in a contest Why doesn't my BIOS detect my SSD? I removed the old SATA hard drive from my laptop and plugged in the new SSD I turned on my laptop Why doesn't my BIOS detect my SSD? with a Windows installation disk inserted booted from the Windows disk and got the screen where it asks which drive to install Windows onto It said there were no drives detected Then I restarted the computer and went into the BIOS and tried to do a quot Hard drive diagnostic test quot and it said quot Hard drive not exist quot The SSD also does not show up in the list of bootable devices Next I put my old hard drive back into my laptop and put the SSD in a USB SATA hard drive enclosure I plugged the enclosure into a USB port and loaded the BIOS again I looked at the list of bootable devices and the SSD was listed Then I loaded Windows Windows did detect the SSD in the Disk Manager and from there I formatted the SSD Now I am able to see the SSD listed in My Computer as drive quot I quot I tried replacing the hard drive with the SSD again and the BIOS still will not detect it It only detects it when it is plugged in through the USB enclosure What do I need to do to get it to detect the SSD normally plugged into the SATA cable inside the laptop Just in case my laptop is a quot HP Notebook PC quot model number qe ua nbsp

A:Why doesn't my BIOS detect my SSD?

Try using the jumper to set it to a slower speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-doesnt-my-bios-detect-my-ssd.1051238/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey there,

I've been quite fed up with the fact I can't use my second monitor with Windows 10. I am attempting to install the latest drivers now, but I have done numerous updates and it still doesn't detect my second monitor. I am using a NVIDIA GTX 760.

If anyone can help me out, that would be great. I will update the OP when I finish the driver update
EDIT: No luck. Please help

Thanks.

Relevancy 73.96%

I am writing in because I think I've exhausted all means of trying to fix an issue with my drive.

As title states, I inserted a DVD into my LG GH24NS90 but Windows 7 is not detecting it.
Info about my computer :
GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0) - Gigabyte
1. Installed Windows 7 OS on IDE mode
2. Tried burning a DVD using ConvertXtoDVD but it burns very slowly (even though it was set at x16) and it freezes the computer when burning.

Hence, I tried to change it to AHCI mode as information on the internet says changing it to AHCI would solve the problem,

1. Update drive to latest firmware.
2. Changed to AHCI (in BIOS) and selected my SSD to boot with success!
3. Tried to insert DVD into drive but not detected!
What can I do!!!

A:[Help] LG Drive doesn't detect CD!!!

Bumping thread. Hoping for some help from fellow forumers here!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333970-help-lg-drive-doesnt-detect-cd.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a CD-RW Disc that I want to erase, but my RW drive doesn't even detect that it's there!

The drive itself is fine b/c it can read other cd's, just not this one

When I check out the drive with the CD in there using windows explorer, it shows nothing!

And every time I try to erase the CD in Nero, it says that there is an unspecified recorder error and that I need to insert a rewriteable medium as if I didn't even put anything in the drive.

It used to be a little erratic like this and I would have to stick the CD in and out a couple of times before it worked, but this time it's totally busted.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hello all;

Last night I was updating ZoneAlarm, then foolish me ran CCleaner during ZA's install. The OS still starts up but the internet is not detected.
I ran another OS from CD/DVD & connected just fine.
Don't know where to begin to give info that would be helpful to correct this problem.
I did try Troubleshooting but that just suggested to restart the modem (I am on DSL), no help.
[not meaning to influence anyone opinion] Almost seems like the NIC (old term?) driver got messed up but don't know how to tell for sure.

Don't know where to go from here.
Hope someone's directions can help
merl

A:W7 doesn't detect internet

what browser are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329618-w7-doesnt-detect-internet.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, so today I have turned on my PC, but the monitor did not detect it.
I have unplugged and re-plugged all the cables and it still did not work.

I have then tried a different cable and monitor to but again it did not work.

Finally I decided to unplug my graphics card and plug the monitor into the integrated graphics card but once again it did not work.

The monitor does turn on and so does the PC but the monitor does not detect it being plugged in.

Any ideas on what can be the problem? (It all worked fine yesterday)

Thanks

A:Monitor Doesn't detect PC

Try this instructions are for a laptop but will work for a Desktop too: Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-doesnt-detect-pc-687393.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello!
When i boot up my pc i get a error saying "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter". Checked the BIOS, and the HDD isn't listed there. Checked all the cables they are fine. Placed that HDD in another pc and it works fine.
Placed a different HDD in my pc and it booted fine.
So the HDD works with other computers, and my pc works with other HDD, but the two together just won't work.
I don't know what the problem might be, maybe some compatibility issues?
Anyone has any ideas?

A:Bios doesn't detect hdd

OK, no one [other than you] has any idea what we are working on; post ALL of your exact system specs. IE exact mb installed, exact cpu installed, exact pw supply installed, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact make and model #. If there is a service tag #, then post that as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-detect-hdd.1094615/
Relevancy 73.96%

A few days ago I tried installing an OS windows Vista for the first time on my computer It was previously running win XP Now while I was installing OS. doesn't BIOS detect win Vista I had to choose a different drive than the one having XP due to storage issues I managed to install it without further problems and it BIOS doesn't detect OS. worked really smooth Then I felt that I had no need for Win XP so I deleted its WINDOWS folder from the drive it was in But while rebooting the BIOS menu still asked me to choose BIOS doesn't detect OS. an OS between XP and Vista I then searched the internet and found out that removing an OS from the dual boot menu was more difficult in win Vista than in XP In win XP you could just modify the boot ini file So I instead decided to decrease the time the dual boot menu showed to zero While I was doing that I am quite sure I set the default OS to Vista But while booting the BIOS simply selects win XP in a split second because I set the time to zero Windows Vista option is still there but I can't select it Then it says 'drivers not found' because I deleted the win XP folder I have an AWARD BIOS and BIOS doesn't detect OS. I tried pressing F while booting to open Windows advanced boot menu but strangely it does not show Win Vista I don't know what to do Prior to this I saw that my C drive with win XP was my active drive and my F drive with win Vista was my boot drive PLEASE HELP

A:BIOS doesn't detect OS.

Try tapping F8 before windows would normally start to load. That should bring up the boot menu but I think it will be the XP menu since that's your default OS. But give it a try and see if it allows you to boot to another OS.Or, if you hit the PAUSE/BREAK key at just the right time to pause loading at the OS selection screen you can select Vista at that point.If you can get Vista to load then you need to run BCDEDIT or a third party application like EASYBCD to edit the entries.If neither of those work you'll probably have to either do a fresh install or run BCDEDIT after booting from the Vista disk. From:http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial..."BCDEDIT works from installation boot dvd too. If you mess up with a setting and you cannot boot, just boot from DVD and enter Repair Computer, then go to command prompt and there you go. You can play again with bcdedit to restore your system back."More detailed info here:https://neosmart.net/wiki/recoverin...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/bios-doesnt-detect-os/13973.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Never had this 2nd HDD detect does doesn't Windows MB while problem before with a motherboard not detecting a drive Is it a BIOS MB doesn't detect 2nd HDD while Windows does issue that will be resolved once updated Check my spec page on user profile for my system info if this helps provide more info It is running v and I can upgrade that to What happens is it will not detect MB doesn't detect 2nd HDD while Windows does the other HDD that windows is not installed on but it didn't detect before any OS was installed on either drive and this issue has been interchangeable between both HDDs And each time Windows setup detects both drives not always - until I hot plug out and back in but it shows up then Both HDDs show up when in windows but I run the risk of not being able to boot into windows having it connected So as you can gather it is not RAID as I normally have setup but AHCI for now It is a new system and HDDs are healthy pass all tests - and only a few months old I've not used AHCI mode before so howcome when I hotplug a HDD windows detects it but doesn't show up in computer only under computer management Only I could do with hotpluggin in a TB HDD I have that has backed up data on which I want to organised and move to another HDD so I can format it I think it might be corrupted file system or something because when I hotplug it windows crashes whereas it never used to under my old system - this happens whether I use USB dock or SATA connection - hot plugging Advice much appreciated thanks

A:MB doesn't detect 2nd HDD while Windows does

Sorted it. BIOS update did the trick and 2TB HDD also detected now without crashing W7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219063-mb-doesnt-detect-2nd-hdd-while-windows-does.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have windows 7 64 bit with an ATI HD4770 card. I run a crt monitor plus an HD LCD TV.
When I boot the computer the Catalyst center loses my display profiles. I have the most recent driver already.

With XP this was never a problem.

With WIndows 7 I have to go into the adjust resolution screen and detect displays every time I start the computer to get my profiles to return. Any sugestions how to fix this?

Thanks

A:Doesn't detect displays

having the same issue, have not been able to find a solution either.

just thought i would add that i have tried the 185.85 and 186.08 drivers and the ones that came with the install, all have the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13612-doesnt-detect-displays.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I am pretty sure that Webwatcher was installed on my computer It is a Keylogger records every website visit your computer can be monitored in real time and it is supposed to be totally hidden and undetectable http computer-monitoring-software topchoicereviews com web-watcher-review htm First I found PCanywhere and Big Fix I got rid of them Now I have this to deal with My operating system is XP SP I have used Spybot Spyblaster and a-squared Spykiller and X-Block doesn t answer my email I Can detect ? doesn't. Spyware you WebWatcher called Spysweeper by Webroot and they didn t know My Hijack this log is below THANK YOU BAK Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Can you detect WebWatcher ? Spyware doesn't. C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe c program files dell printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLSDBNT EXE C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PfuSsSct exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PDF Thumbnail View pdfquickview exe C program files dell printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPSP EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C pvsw bin Bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap Driver PfuSsMon exe C PROGRA Adobe ACROBA Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run PfuSsSct exe quot C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PfuSsSct exe quot Station O - HKLM Run Pdfquickview quot C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PDF Thumbnail View pdfquickview exe quot O - HKLM Run DLPSP quot c program files dell printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPSP EXE quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe quot STARTUP O - HKCU Run KeyWallet C PROGRA KEYWAL KWallet exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Pervasive SQL Workgroup Engine lnk C pvsw bin Bin w dbsmgr exe O - Global Startup ScanSnap Manager lnk C Program Files PFU ScanSnap Driver PfuSsMon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-detect-webwatcher-spyware-doesnt.622528/
Relevancy 73.1%

I can't figure out how to solve this. I tried rebooting, reinstalling everest. To no avail.

I made sure the CPU HS/F was plugged into the correct pin on the Mobo, and it is.

Can anyone help me? The only temperature Everest will detect is my GPU and GPU Ambient. Also HDD temperatures.

A:Everest doesn't detect my CPU temperature.

why do you need everest to detect your CPU temps?

software based temp programs are not very accurate. everest is a great tool, but i wouldn't rely on it for temp sensing.

a physical temp probe is the best way to go. the next best thing IMO is the BIOS (although the BIOS doesn't show temps under load

:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everest-doesnt-detect-my-cpu-temperature.54398/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi. I have many burned CDs of music, media etc...but when I burned these, I had to do it volumes/partitions of about 150megs or so...I repeated this process on the same CD until the CD was full and then I moved on. The problem is, I can't access these different partitions/volumes on my new PC (HP a610n, AMD XP 3000+, 160 Gig HD, 512 MB RAM, windows XP home edition). When I open up nero burning rom to burn data onto a used CD, I see the various partitions/volumes but can't access them. In my computer, I can access only the most current volume. This is a major major problem and I need help fixing it, please. Thanks a lot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-doesnt-detect-partitions-volumes-on-cds-12781.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have had this Laptop Dell Inspiron r on Windows for about years now I bought it slightly used and I have never been able to get the ethernet port to work properly Wi-fi works great I have tried different networks i e moving to a new house different Ethernet cables Detect Doesn't Notebook Ethernet and installing updating drivers I even splashed water all over it warranty replaced nearly everything so I don't think it is a faulty port I posted about it in a few forums years ago and never found a solution Now I just moved to a new apartment and Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet need to plug in to my modem router to set it up I brought it to a shop here but I live in Taiwan and my computer is all English Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet I'm American My Chinese wasn't good enough to translate every little thing nor good enough to properly explain my problem Any ideas I'm willing to try anything even if I have tried it in Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet the past Thanks in advance Note I wasn't implying that a I splashed water on it TO get warranty service it just happened

A:Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet

First I would try to install the correct driver (and I don't know which that one is but there's a guy on here who probably will)

If the port is physically no good, then I would suggest a USB network adapter like this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592773/notebook-doesnt-detect-ethernet/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello. My notebook is HP  Probook 450 G1 with  AMD Radeon HD 8750M and Intel HD 4400 I just reinstall Windows on my notebook . And now i have problems with AMD driver, cause i can't install drivers for it. First of all i must observe that device manager and GPU-Z doesn't detect it. The second thing i've detected - in GPU-Z shows that multi-gpu is OFF. In BIOS dual graphics switched on, so i can't realise what is the problem. Allready turned my BIOS to default, but didn't help .In my old windows always was ok, but now she doesn't detect AMD too, only Intel HD. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AMD-Radeon-HD-8750M-doesn-t-detect/td-p/5683260
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey Y'all

The computer was hooked up to high speed for a while, via an external modem, but now I have to use dial-up again. Problem is Windows 98 doesnt recognize the internal modem (conexant HPC) that was working before. I've deleted all traces of the modem from computer as best as I can and reinstalled it with a new driver I downloaded (I dont have the disc). The modem shows up in the device manager and under the modem option in the control panel but when I try to dial my ISP it get a message telling me to make sure my modem is plugged in or it asks me if I want to install a new modem. I've physically taken the modem out of the computer, shut down, rebooted, shut down, reinstalled it and still no luck. Is the modem kaput? Is there maybe a BIOS issue? A port settings issue? Help!

A:Computer doesn't detect modem

Go thru Control Panel/Phones and Modems. Run the Diagnostic "Query Modem" and see if the system can communicate with it.

If not then there is a physical OR setup problem with the card. You might also try moving the card to different slots.

Dial Modems are generally a PITA!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-detect-modem.327617/
Relevancy 73.1%

My PC was updated to Win10 almost 1 year ago and there wasn't any problem connecting my windows phone (Lumia 920).
I'm not sure when it started but probably since this summer my PC start to not detect my Lumia 920.
Actually Lumia 920 is detected and it can charge with PC, but I can't sync and open it.
I want to attach some pictures to show what is happning but I can't attach them while this site verify my account.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60ed1d72-040b-4f1c-808c-b3b539284402/windows-10-pc-doesnt-detect-lumia-920?forum=MTCWinPhone
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everyone this is my first time here I apologize if this question has already been asked but a couple days ago I was trying to install a new piece of software for my daughter and my CD ROM drive didn t start up automatically like usual I could hear it wind up but then it would stop so I went to my computer and my D drive wasn t even listed there I haven t used my D drive for a couple of months so who knows how long this has been a problem I had the klez virus back in July but then got rid of it I don t think that caused the problem because after I got rid of the virus I reinstalled Norton and it worked just fine then A couple people have mentioned that it coule be a lost driver but I don t want to waste time downloading programs that I don t need Any thoughts Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

My PC does not detect my microphone when I plug it in I have tried using more than one microphone in case the detect external PC microphone doesn't microphone was broken but no microphone is detected when I PC doesn't detect external microphone plug it in Likewise I have made sure that there are no external mute or on off switches on the microphones which are preventing them from working I have made sure all of the drivers are up to date by going through my Device Manager I ve also toyed with the properties by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray as well as going into the volume control in the control panel but I still can t get the microphone to work The microphone was working as recently as two weeks ago Whenever I plugged it in a SigmaTel Audio window would pop up so I could choose that it was my rear mic Now however the SigmaTel Audio window never even pops up indicating to me once again that my PC is not even detecting that a microphone is plugged in Any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-external-microphone.692380/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi. I have many burned CDs of music, media etc...but when I burned these, I had to do it volumes/partitions of about 150megs or so...I repeated this process on the same CD until the CD was full and then I moved on. The problem is, I can't access these different partitions/volumes on my new PC (HP a610n, AMD XP 3000+, 160 Gig HD, 512 MB RAM, windows XP home edition). When I open up nero burning rom to burn data onto a used CD, I see the various partitions/volumes but can't access them. In my computer, I can access only the most current volume. This is a major major problem and I need help fixing it, please. Thanks a lot.

Relevancy 73.1%

In trying to troubleshoot my CD-RW, I deleted a couple of registry keys (Upper Filters & Lower Filters) for the drive. Now Roxio will not detect either burner. Both work fine with Nero and Windows XP's burning utility. I've uninstalled, deleted Roxio files and registry keys, and reinstalled twice. Still doesn't work.

I'm open to some ideas.

Relevancy 73.1%

Hey all,

When booting my computer, i seem to get stuck at "Detecting IDE Drives". It completes the cycle every once in a while, maybe once every 3-5 restarts. As well, my computer CANNOT boot off of my CD drive, only my disk drive. When I do boot from my HDD, my computer doesn't detect my CD Drive. Additionally, the drive doesn't even open nor does it have a light - although on occassion, it will work fine; it will open and light up as usual.

Can anybody explain how to fix this in lamens terms?

Thanks in advance!

A:Computer doesn't detect CD drive

There are a few things you can try as in this guide: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137666.html

However, because of the multiple problems you describe, in the end I think you will have to replace the drive with a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-detect-cd-drive.151371/
Relevancy 73.1%

Okay it's not the computer or the USB ports. I will tell you that now.

My sister has a laptop. My brother has a computer. And I have a computer.
Both of them downloaded zoombrowser from the internet and it worked fine but it didn't detect the camera. They installed something that I don't know of, and they forgot the name of, but it had the word "download" in it.

This thing they installed was from the internet too, and I was wondering what it was.

After they installed the thing, everything was fine and the computer/laptop could detect the camera.

Where is it, and what is it? x_x

A:Zoombrowser EX:doesn't detect camera

Hi,

Welcome to TSG.

Sounds to me as though you do not have the device driver for the camera loaded into the computer.

You will need this driver for the camera to be recognised.

Normally, if you do not have the CD anymore, it should be easy to find the driver on the camera manufacturers website.

Alternatively, you should be able to download the photo's through a card reader, as long as zoombrowser recognises the camera exif format.

Deep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoombrowser-ex-doesnt-detect-camera.362027/
Relevancy 73.1%

I need help..... When I start the computer up the sound icon in the icon tray in the bottom right corner has a Red X over it like its in mute mode which it is not. I then click on it and it says that there isn't any sound devices installed or plugged in. I am on a VAIO laptop with build in speakers. So anyone know how I can fix this?

A:Window 7 doesn't detect speakers

Open device manager. Any yellow or red errors?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404568/window-7-doesnt-detect-speakers/
Relevancy 73.1%

So I've already uninstalled the driver, restarted my computer, reinstalled the driver, and restarted the computer. MSN has been set to show others that I do have an available webcam. Skype is set to enable the webcam.

I can use my webcam via the installed Logitech program, but neither Skype nor MSN detects I have a webcam. I've tried plugging the webcam USB into three different USB ports to no avail. The programs do not detect my webcam for some reason; it's a bit odd, because it'll work, but it'll suddenly stop working. This has happened three times before on different occasions where I've reformatted my computer inbetween each incident.

My webcam is the following model:

QuickCam? Communicate STX
M/N: V-UBK45, V-UBK45

Can someone please tell me why I can use my webcam using the actual program that comes with the driver, but not on MSN, Skype, etc.?

Thanks.

A:MSN Doesn't Detect Webcam (but computer does)

Try having the Logitech program running and THEN open up MSN or Skype

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94857-msn-doesnt-detect-webcam-but-computer-does.html
Relevancy 73.1%

So I'm wondering what this is. I happen to open C:\ in my computer (I have one physical drive, divided into an NTFS partition with 145 GB and a FAT32 2.5 GB part., and that's the way my eMachine came)...I see a bunch of text documents with long, random names like '0dbb8868c1af2bc6152517d82d0d' for example, filled with what look like logs for some weird process. AVG doesn't find anything wrong with them. My Maple Story client is what alerted me to a possible virus/spyware anomaly; it doesn't function right at initialization. So if anyone could help me out here...

Relevancy 73.1%

I downloaded a keygen and scanned it with Avast 5 before running. Upon running, it doesn't do anything. :(

I uploaded to VirusTotal and it says 4/41 of its anti-virus detect it as malware (trojan). So what should I do?

P/S: I didn't upload the logs and stuff because I just need some quick advice. I figured I can fix it, hence no need to trouble the volunteers. :)

A:How do you remove a (possible) virus if your a/v doesn't detect it as one?

Okay the file just disappeared. I downloaded Nod32 to try to scan my system for malware, and I realized that the keygen had disappeared :O

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/how-do-you-remove-a-possible-virus-if-your-a-v-doesnt-detect-it-as-one-482824.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok I am having trouble getting my Itunes to detect my ipod I have re-installed the program about 4 times after completely removing it from my system. I have done everything I found out about the this proplem from itunes support but that didn't help. I have contacted apple by phone and they couldn't help me they told me to install itunes on safe mode so i tried but when im on safe mode a pop up comes up telling me that the adminstrater which is me has set options to not allow me to install the program so I want to install the program again and get itunes to read my ipod. Someone with any idea of what to do please tell me oh and I forgot to mention that windows does recognize the ipod like it comes up in my computer but not on itunes. Help please I'm pleading for help

A:Itunes doesn't detect my ipod

Hello there!

It seems that you have a popular question. Here is a thread that may be of help:

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/783114-pc-will-not-recognise-ipod.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-doesnt-detect-my-ipod.789521/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everybody.
I built a new computer. But now I have a problem at BIOS.

On the mainpage of the BIOS it doesn't detect any device. Only at boot are all devices listed. What could cause the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Asus P5LD2
PT4 630 3.0 Ghz
HDD 80 GB Seagate

Relevancy 73.1%

hello im kinda worried about my HDD My pc can t recognize it whenever i plugged it in It was not like this before it used to work properly I don detect my My HDD Hitachi PC doesn't 320GB t My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD know what happened I have a Hitachi gb HDD My pc can t detect it but when I plug it in another pc it was detected I tried to My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD change the cord hoping that it was the problem but the same thing happens with the newly bought cord I think there is nothing wrong with the HDD nor the connector cord I suspect there s something wrong with my pc By the way if this helps this is the specs of my pc System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name IUCN Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD G M-ES C BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode I hope you can extend you kind help here thank you very much guys Warwin nbsp

A:My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD

Take a look at this thread and see if it helps you: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic122125.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-hitachi-320gb-hdd.179758/
Relevancy 73.1%

When I plug in a usb, it doesn't detect it, What should I do?

A:Windows 7 doesn't detect USB port

Check in device manager if the drive is up there. What kind of usb devise is not detected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/14394-windows-7-doesnt-detect-usb-port.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm trying to connect a Digital Camera through a USB to my XP computer but it does not show up in computer, why?

A:Windows doesn't detect Camera?

is the camera on? most require you plug it in to the usb then turn it on? just wondering kinda made that mistake with a brand new cool pix then threw it at a wall thank god for best buys accidental damage thingy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-detect-camera.886106/
Relevancy 73.1%

I ve just bought Microsoft Flight CD Flight 2004 doesn't detect Sim Sim it installed fine and I restarted the computer like it said Now when I go to run the game it says Flight Sim 2004 doesn't detect CD please insert Flight Sim disc and start the program again or something along those lines but I do have the disc inserted I ve tried it in both my D drive DVD CD player and my H drive CD-writer and I ve even tried disabling my CD-RW drive in windows so the game only has the D drive to look for the CD I ve tried putting in one of the other three CD s which autorun and then I click to play the game but it says to insert CD again I ve had a look at the disc it s brand new and it looks perfect and it worked fine for installation I m running windows XP and it s an MSI nforce with onboard graphics and sound and Athlon XP Any ideas nbsp

A:Flight Sim 2004 doesn't detect CD

I don't have 2004 yet, but in 2002 you have two install options...one where it required the CD's and another (larger) option where it copied everything to the hard drive.

If 2004 has that option, might try going with the larger install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flight-sim-2004-doesnt-detect-cd.166876/
Relevancy 73.1%

Since the anniversary update my graphics card has become invisible.

A:My PC doesn't detect my graphics card

Hi! Please provide more information. How are you looking for your graphics card? Are you looking in devise manager??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442064-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 73.1%

A friends business got hit with Cryptowall and I can see all the HELP_DECRYPT files on their file server and on two individual workstations.  I ran ListCWall on the file server and it says it didn't find anything.  Any ideas why?  The files are stores on a different drive letter than the OS.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588549/hit-with-cryptowall-but-listcwall-doesnt-detect-anything/
Relevancy 73.1%

When my systems goes BSOD and restarts I have that screen where I can choose which mode I should restart safe mode etc However Windows doesn't detect my keyboard during that screen and I my doesn't seven windows detect keyboard am forced to wait sec and boot in normal mode automatically Now this wouldn't be that much of a problem but I need to update the defective firmware of one of my HDD And I use a boot disk to do that and of course the boot disk doesn't windows seven doesn't detect my keyboard recognize my keyboard So this became a major problem and I can lost my hdd data anytime now My mouse and keyboards both use an usb port I suspect that I need traditional mouse and keyboard using traditional ports I have a traditional mouse but I do not have a traditional keyboard unfortunately But I have converters from usb to traditional port for both mouse and keyboard What I tested plug-in the traditional mouse and reboot result the traditional mouse is recognized use the usb to traditional port for the mouse and reboot it doesn't recognize the mouse use the usb to traditional port for the keyboad and reboot it doesn't recognize the keyboard Any clue on how to have keyboard recognized as traditional please TIA Edit Keyboard Logitech G refresh Mouse Logitech G

A:windows seven doesn't detect my keyboard

What are your system specs?

Check 'Device Manager' for any yellow triangles, if there are any check for new drivers from your OEM or motherboard website.
You should check for updated drivers even if no yellow triangles.

Can you borrow a keyboard with a PS2 cable, for testing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127538-windows-seven-doesnt-detect-my-keyboard.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my computer only detects one display rather than two. I have a Dell desktop computer and two Dell monitors. Using Windows 7 both monitors were being detected/used. Can anyone tell me how to correct. (I'm not very technically experienced, but can follow basic instructions.)

The second display shows a black screen with the message "Cannot Display This Video Mode".

A:Windows 10 doesn't detect my second monitor

right click on desktop for "display settings" - pick the monitor that shows up that message -> click it to activate -> switch correct video mode for it. its prolly too high resolution issue.

also WIN+P -combination gives you chance to use "extended desktop" which you should use to configure the resolutions

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/32480-windows-10-doesnt-detect-my-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 73.1%

ok i run windows 7 home premium and when i go to the detection screen it say's i do not have a antivirus installed is there a way to enable it through a setting or something this is also being detected through hp advisor. i got this laptop last year it's a hp g61 series just wondering if anyone know's how to fix this issue?

A:system doesn't detect antivirus

You need to install antivirus software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/169303-system-doesnt-detect-antivirus.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all!
I have a problem with an external usb hard disc (IOMEGA) that only is detected by my Windows 7 computer, but not on my Vista computer.
There are no problems with the USB connections on the Vista computer, apart from this hard drive problem.
In order to solve the problem I formatted the disc (FAT32) but it didn't help so now I've formatted it back to NTFS.
What could be the problem? Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296200-vsita-doesnt-detect-external-hd-but-w7-does.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi
i have hp probook 4520s with amd radeon mobility hd 4500/4300 dev9555
i have a fresh win 8 installation, my VGA is now with microsoft driver WDDM v1.1 version 8.97.10.6
no one of amd catalyst installers detect my graphic even offical driver from HP!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/29884-amd-catalyst-doesnt-detect-my-graphic.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I connected an ethernet card to a 4-year-old Gateway desktop running Windows Millenium and then plugged everything back up and turned on the computer and the monitor would not detect a signal. I took the ethernet card out and took out and replaced the video card and rebooted and still no signal.
I plugged in two different monitors and both these monitors showed no signal. I plugged in a working video card from another computer and still no signal. I also moved the video cards to different slots and no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate your help very, very much.

Relevancy 73.1%

I m quite quot green quot at computers so please excuse my ignorance I am running windows xp when I place a cd in my e drive it doesn t detect it at all when I put it in my d drive which is also my burner it will detect it and run after doesn't computer using detect once it cd drive it once only if I haven t done anything else on my computer after turning it on and going right to that function but if I need a second thing computer doesn't detect cd drive after using it once done nothing ie I tried to download a two cd game for my son I turned on my computer and the first disk installed then it said to take it out and place the second disk in when I do that it doesn t detect it I don t have windows xp setup disk since I had it installed when I bought the computer by the company I bought it from what should I do Thanks so much in advance for your help please use quot laymans quot terms if you are replying so I can understand responses nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

How it happened Was online watching a clip using MS Windows media player latest version I was busy doing something else besides suddenly I saw an error message about something being corrupt in media player right corner below Next I saw was a serious blue screen not like a regular one where you know it will be solved with a detect bluescreen anymore hdd doesn't T43 After restart I restarted my T Thinkpad Next thing that happend BIOS didn t detect my hard drive anymore What I already tried - dismounted my hd IBM Hitachi P N A GB and After bluescreen T43 doesn't detect hdd anymore downloaded all my data using a USB hd-reader device attaching it to another notebook - gt So my hard disk both partitions was accessible without ANY problems - Attempted to reinstall Win XP with the CD but the setup can t find a harddisk - Used Ultimate BootDisk to run Diagnostics only to find out that the tool can t recognize any primary IDE adapter it does recognize the CD-R DVD drive Got also this once after a restart - BIOS error message failure fixed disk Any suggestions about that scenario - BIOS-virus or malware how to remove - Can t imagine that there is such a sudden hardware failure resulting in ide adapter issues it looks like a virus malware attack Your help would be greatly appreciated Thanx Andy nbsp

A:After bluescreen T43 doesn't detect hdd anymore

I had one of these come into my shop with a similar issue. Since the hard drive is not detected in bios, its not a software issue so it's not a virus. So lets take a deeper look. If its not detected in the bios that means its hardware and on a laptop only 4 peices of hardware would have this issue. Mobo, HD, Ram, or physical connection to the mobo. Since its not the HD then check out the ram, if it checks out either take the computer to a specialist in motherboards or look for a dissasembly guide and attempt to check the connections yourself. Take plenty of pictures of what you take apart and what it comes from so you can reassemble it with ease. You can also try jiggling the hard drive in place and seeing if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-bluescreen-t43-doesnt-detect-hdd-anymore.139503/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello everyone. The problem is with my CPU fan/motherboard. For some reason my computer doesn't detect my CPU fan. The CPU fan runs but when I start up my computer I have to press F1 everytime to bypass the system error. I hope nothing serious is wrong and it's just a mis-communication with my CPU fan and motherboard bios. I recently just installed a new CPU fan from Zalman CPNS9500A. What should I try to do to correct this issue?

Relevancy 73.1%

Have clicked on detect my computer, which prompts me to download and install lenovo service bridge, which I have done. Can see it in Start Menu (am using new install of Win 7 with all latest updates) as well as in installed programs. However, when I go back to Lenovo's online support pages and click on detect my PC, instead of detecting my PC (is a M91p, 4518 small form factor type), it simply aske me to download LSB.exe again. I need a couple of drivers after my windows install; however, as I don't know which ones/what they're for I really need to get this to work I'm going round in circles - please help! Thanks,Richard

A:Service Bridge doesn't detect but keeps asking me ...

Dear,I have the same issues, are there anyone solve it or did you solve it, since I see no one from lenovo support try to help you.Thanks,Jallad

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Service-Bridge-doesn-t-detect-but-keeps-asking-me-to-download/td-p/2210247
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm trying to connect my XPS 15 to my TV through an HDMI. I've done Win + P and tried to extend / duplicate the screen, but it doesn't work. I went to the control panel and found out my computer isn't recognizing the HDMI is plugged in. I've tried a few different cables and TV's, but the same thing happens. What is wrong?

Thanks for the help.

A:XPS 15 doesn't detect external display

I found that I had to use the GPU driver software to get my computer to work properly with my TV. Windows wouldn't do it on its own.

I suggest you try stepping through the troubleshooting list here first:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19428186/20016558.aspx

Looking through other posts, the problem likely rests with the TV. There seems to be no standard for TVs communicating with computers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442539/xps-15-doesnt-detect-external-display/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi. I have nero burning rom 5.0.48 and it does not detect my burner. The reason I have this low version is because whenever I try to burn with the newest version, my computer automatically restarts (which results in broken CDs)...can anyone show me how to get nero to detect my burner? thanks.

I have a win 98 ver.1 comp with 350mhz pentium II, 64 MB RAM, 8 gig HD. thanks again.

A:Nero doesn't detect burner

Hi, If it is an external burner- the newer versions and UPDATES provide support usually for newer burners, more of the external types... without the newer software, you may just be out of luck...
The Nero program should detect your drive, would seem, so there is some other problem, which may be hardware or software based.
It would also help if you could post the exact type, model number etc of the burner, and how it is configured, meaning as a Master or Slave IDE drive, as a single drive or together with any other type of drive on either Primary or Secondary IDE channel. Surely, the drive shows up in My Computer, and also in Device manager correctly--guess so, or you most likely would have written that.
Is the drive USB? If you have windows 98 First Edition...there are some updates you may not have for the operating system, motherboard chipset... one possibility.
Another:::: ASPI files that may be needed. Give this site a look-- http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
and, here is one tech's views /questions, help, etc::
http://www.driverguide.com/guide2/cdrw-help.htm

By the way....my first burn with Nero I had trouble getting past the point where I clicked "Write CD"....seems that there is a drop-down arrow to switch TO the burner which after first use, stays showing....after I switched the drive to the burner, things went right along. ((I was using an external USB drive, and of course have a regular DVD/CDROM drive, which is what was showing and Nero was set to use, apparently...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nero-doesnt-detect-burner.245885/
Relevancy 72.24%

I am running a Intel D845BG mobo and have a 6.5gb hd connected to IDE0. I launch my machine and I can see the harddrive in bios as well as my other devices. When I start Windows 2000 setup, it says that it can't find boot partition to check signature. It gets to the initial setup and gives me 3 choices. to repair, setup, or exit. I choose install fresh copy. Then I get the error message, "Setup cannot find any hard disks installed on your computer" Press F3 to restart.

I have tried all jumper combinations on the hard drive, I know the hard drive is good but can't get Windows 2K setup to recognize it. Please Help.. I have tried everything.

Thank you in advance.

A:Setup W2K Doesn't detect Hard drive

Have you tried using a different ide cable?
Also have you tried a bios flash?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-w2k-doesnt-detect-hard-drive.131245/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,
Everything was ok with sound but now the computer doesn't detect any sound devices like amplifier, headphones, speakers, etc. The computer does find the audio card, but not devices. Please help.

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello all I decided to switch to the newest version of the Forceware drivers for my Geforce Ti graphics card today I was running the Forceware drivers and planned on switching to the latest certified 71.84 Forceware my Solved: detect card! doesn't version drivers I created a System Restore point in XP and then removed my old drivers via the Add Remove Programs utility in the Control Panel I then restarted my computer and on startup Windows autodetected my graphics Solved: Forceware 71.84 doesn't detect my card! card I cancelled out of the autodetect wizard in order to run the install file which I had already downloaded Upon executing the install file the drivers were unzipped to the temporary NVIDIA folder but immediately after this I got an Solved: Forceware 71.84 doesn't detect my card! error message saying the NVIDIA installation could not detect a compatible display device I also tried getting windows to detect my card through the Add New Hardware util but windows was unable to see my card there I have no idea what could be causing this problem whatsoever I was thinking maybe you folks could help me out with this one Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Solved: Forceware 71.84 doesn't detect my card!

You should not cancel the Found New Hardware Wizard but let it go through so that Windows installs its generic drivers. Once they are install the Forceware installation should work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-forceware-71-84-doesnt-detect-my-card.346768/
Relevancy 72.24%

Symantec Ghost does not detect any drives, very strange. I am used to run Powerquest Drive Image 7, but it seems Symantec left nothing of the old Drive Image intact. :(. Here is screenshot, I need help to back my computer up. All my drives are ntfs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/symantec-ghost-doesnt-detect-any-drives-260701.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I purchased Logitech Z313 speaker system, which is suppose to be a plug and play but my computer doesn't detect it. I have a dell computer and the speakers was connected on my monitor. My monitor quit and so I purchased a Acer monitor and have been using it for about 9 months and now decided I wanted sound and purchased the speakers. But it is not being detected. Help please.

A:doesn't detect logitech audio device

What model Dell?

Make sure that you have the speakers connected properly and plugged into the correct audio output jack.

http://www.logitech.com/repository/1.../27251.1.0.pdf

Check Device Manager to make sure there are no driver errors.

Check Sound/Audio properties in Control Panel to make sure nothing muted and the correct playback device is selected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/doesnt-detect-logitech-audio-device-617581.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi together I bought a bluetooth dongle from Speedlink quot VIAS Bluetooth USB Adapter quot It implements Bluetooth V EDR but that should be backwards compatible It is working on Windows and on Linux but on Vista devices detect Bluetooth Dongle doesn't (SP2) i have SP Bluetooth Dongle doesn't detect devices (SP2) the pc is unable to detect any devices First of all the cover of the dongle says that it is quot certified for Vista quot Windows actually recognizes it and installes the standard bluetooth drivers The manual confirms that only Microsoft drivers are needed So the drivers are installing with no problems but i can't detect any devices I tried my phone the wiimote all these things work on the other platforms I tried reinstalling the drivers and rebooting a lot of times but it didn't helped I tried writing an e-mail to the manufacturer but there was no response since the th July Under quot services quot the service quot bluetooth support service quot is running I found out that the dongle does not search for devices I observed this on the Windows pc When the dongle searches for devices the LED stays red which is happening on Windows but on Vista the LED is only flashing Has somebody an idea Thank you

A:Bluetooth Dongle doesn't detect devices (SP2)

Hi. I would like to assist you. Please post the device status from device manager as a photo, and the Hardware ID so i can try to find a fix.

If you need to know how to do that, let me know

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302934-bluetooth-dongle-doesnt-detect-devices-sp2.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I want to reformat doesn't I detect hard my want drives. but it to do a complete reformat I have a Windows XP Setup CD and I backed up all my desired files onto an external hard drive but after starting the Windows XP Setup Full Install not Upgrade I want to reformat but it doesn't detect my hard drives. in Safe Mode regular doesn't work and having it reboot and continue trying to install I get a blue screen with a x type code Is there any way to tell the computer to completely reformat the hard drive x GB set up I want to reformat but it doesn't detect my hard drives. in a Mirror Array in case one hard drive has a hardware fault I'll still have the data on the mirrored drive so that I can install Windows XP all over again with none of the problems that I'm trying to get rid of If I insert the Windows XP CD and select to boot from CD it claims I have I want to reformat but it doesn't detect my hard drives. no hard drives installed and can't continue The hard drives are in there but after getting rid of malwares recently my computer has gone through several stages of problems and all I want to do now is reformat and start fresh and free How do I get my computer to recognize the drives in its pre-OS state so I can install Windows XP on it

A:I want to reformat but it doesn't detect my hard drives.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...A/100_5792.jpg

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-want-to-reformat-but-it-doesnt-detect-my-hard-drives-438249.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello i have a problem with my soundcard This is a separate sound card so it's not a part of my motherboard The name of the soundcard is quot Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI Sound Card quot The card and my optical sound i use an optical cable for digital sound which no longer works when i switch to quot S PDIF quot sound in sound devices no longer works When i go to device manager it doesn't even detect that i have my specified soundcard which i absolutely do Also after the re-install my computer re-install. 7 doesn't my Windows detect My after PC soundcard feels really slow I have gigs of ram a good CPU and a good graphics card so that is not the problem If anyone could figure out or have an idea what could be wrong with those two issues PLEASE do reply I fear that after my Windows re-install a ton of drivers are missing I don't have my 'recovery hard disc' anymore which contained a lot of stuff for my PC The computer store who installed my sound card graphics card and more removed that hard drive I didn't notice that before i had to do a re-install and they don't have that darn hard My PC doesn't detect my soundcard after Windows 7 re-install. disc anymore Can anyone help me Do i have to do something in BIOS I'll attach a DxDiag of my computer to this My PC doesn't detect my soundcard after Windows 7 re-install. post Please help me

A:My PC doesn't detect my soundcard after Windows 7 re-install.

You are probably missing needed drivers. Since you have an intel CPU, you have a motherboard with an Intel chipset. Go to the motherboard vendor and download the needed drivers, including the Intel chipset drivers. One of the main things the chipset drivers do is define (identify) all the hardware devices on or attached to the motherboard.

I didn't see what the motherboard was in DXDiag, the BIOS should give you that information. Manufacturer and model. Then go to that manufacturers downloads for the specific model motherboard. If there are no Windows 7 drivers listed, Vista drivers are compatible.

In addition, since you are using a separate sound card, you need to disable the on-board audio (the RealTek) in the BIOS. Two sound devices can conflict which could cause some of your problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/276225-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-soundcard-after-windows-7-re-install.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Here is my setup. Desktop No1 running Windows XP Pro and hard wired by ethernet to a Linksys WAG54G2 router. Desktop No2 running Windows XP Pro hard wired by ethernet to the router. Both PC's accessing web via router OK.
Desktop No1 connects to Canon MP640 by wireless via the Linksys router. Desktop No2 likewise accesses Canon MP640 printer by ethernet cable to the Linksys router and then by the wireless to the printer. No problems with this setup.
My missus laptop is running Windows 7 and accesses the internet by wireless link through the router. No problems with this.
Now I am trying to add the Canon MP640 to the laptop so that she can print wirelessly via the router to the printer. When I search with the laptop for the printer, none is found. Can anyone advise what is wrong and how to fix.

All help appreciated.

A:Laptop doesn't detect wireless printer

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Had a similar problem about half a year ago. I had to add the printer on the XP desktop as a LOCAL printer on a new Windows 7 notebook to get it to work. Here is a link to a different web site with instructions.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/xp-to-windows-7-printer-sharing/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-detect-wireless-printer.926772/
Relevancy 72.24%

About a day or two ago, my computer really slowed down. For instance, winrar takes much much longer to extract a 50-70 mb file (before it would take 3 secs, now it takes around 15 secs). The music I play with VLC media player sometimes gets sloppy, music gets distorted when doing multiple tasks, something it didn't do before. In fact, just now as I was extracting a rar file AND playing music, the music sounded messed up. There are a lot of other indications of slowing down (defraggler -> analyze taking MUCH more time and freezing my computer at certain % intervals, 17, 35, etc).

so I ran a few virus scans, mbam, avast. and nothing came up. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

A:Windows XP slows down but doesn't detect virus

Download sp for your os.
Try running spybot.
Have a look on task manager and see what processes is eating your ram.
Have a look at the drivers as well

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-slows-down-but-doesnt-detect-virus-488714.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Okay used OS detect disk Recovery BootMGR doesn't to begin I have searched the forums and I m not a noob to troubleshooting however this has got me stumped I downloaded the Vista Recovery disk BootMGR Recovery disk used doesn't detect OS http neosmart net blog windows-vista-recovery-disc-download since i have a toshiba Laptop which doesn t have the BootMGR Recovery disk used doesn't detect OS actualy Vista Install disk Burned the Iso to a bootable cd and got the cd to boot up I click on repair and then i m sent to a screen that asks me to select the Hard Drive Operating system to repair from however there is nothing to select There are two options next and load drive I clicked next with nothing selected it did a repair but no luck tried this twice my guess is because the repair essentialy did nothing as it didn t detect any hard drive to save the bootmgr to However under the load disk section which is what i think i should be using i have no idea what to select Any ideas Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 72.24%

Here is my setup. Desktop No1 running Windows XP Pro and hard wired by ethernet to a Linksys WAG54G2 router. Desktop No2 running Windows XP Pro hard wired by ethernet to the router. Both PC's accessing web via router OK.
Desktop No1 connects to Canon MP640 by wireless via the Linksys router. Desktop No2 likewise accesses Canon MP640 printer by ethernet cable to the Linksys router and then by the wireless to the printer. No problems with this setup.
My missus laptop is running Windows 7 and accesses the internet by wireless link through the router. No problems with this.
Now I am trying to add the Canon MP640 to the laptop so that she can print wirelessly via the router to the printer. When I search with the laptop for the printer, none is found. Can anyone advise what is wrong and how to fix.

All help appreciated.

A:Laptop doesn't detect wireless printer

Hi -

Try procedure in this tutorial --> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12246...-to-windows-7/

--> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-7-and-xp/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-doesnt-detect-wireless-printer-487184.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Maybe this will help some people [FIX!] 7 Windows install during detect doesn't W8 -> HDD downgrade It's a little easier alternative if you're in the same situation I am - gt Purchased new laptop with Windows factory installed - gt Purchased on April - gt Laptop has UEFI motherboard - gt HDD is setup w GPT - gt Inserted Windows Professional DVD - gt Windows setup cannot find a HDD requests drivers FIX Right-click your start button on the Desktop Choose quot Disk Management quot Right-click on your main HDD and choose quot Shrink volume quot Choose whatever size Right-click on the newly created unallocated space and choose quot New Simple Volume quot Do NOT format this volume Insert your DVD USB load ISO whatever and start Windows Setup I chose not to go online and get the newest updates but that's up to you Choose your newly created simple volume Let setup continue as normal Your installation will now find the hard drive s and partition W8 downgrade -> Windows 7 doesn't detect HDD during install [FIX!] s Once you're booted into Windows right-click W8 downgrade -> Windows 7 doesn't detect HDD during install [FIX!] on computer and choose quot manage quot Go back to quot Disk Management quot and delete all your other partitions Right-click on your Windows Partition and choose quot Expand this volume quot You've essentially performed a clean install If this proves to be a useful method for anyone else who's recently purchased a Windows computer and is looking to up downgrade to Windows I'll update it to be more in-depth and include pictures Note to mods move this wherever it needs to be and let me know if I need to make some edits

A:W8 downgrade -> Windows 7 doesn't detect HDD during install [FIX!]

Quote:
Laptop has UEFI motherboard

YES & NO, down to your UEFI/BIOS firmware setting.

As this is a OEM manufacturer's PC with Pre-installed Windows 8/8.1.

1) Downgrade to Windows 7.
Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7
Warning you must have the UEFI/BIOS firmware setting in Step Three set.

Make sure you read the NOTE at Step three.

2) If Using a USB Pen drive on a PC with a UEFI BIOS.
USB Pen drive need to be formatted to FAT32 as in
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Take note of Step 11 for Windows 7.
Also you will need to use a USB 2.0 port, as there are no USB 3.0 drivers in Windows 7.

You will need to buy Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/328569-w8-downgrade-windows-7-doesnt-detect-hdd-during-install-fix.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Popups Adware and - doesn't Spybot detect Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC Popups - Adware and Spybot doesn't detect WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS System pctspk exeC WINDOWS System DSentry exeC Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Popups - Adware and Spybot doesn't detect Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeC WINDOWS System Popups - Adware and Spybot doesn't detect ctfmon exeC Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS System rundll exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Nick Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE SV JAQB HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - Hosts search netscape com sitefinder verisign comO - BHO no name - -B C - A - F -F C D FAD - C WINDOWS localNRD dllO - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquietO - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exeO - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exeO - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run DwlClient C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exeO - HKLM Run POINTER point exeO - HKLM Run sr exe quot C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Dell Alert updtSup exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run kivypk C WINDOWS System owsxgb exeO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT vptray exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHookO - HKCU Run Weather C Program Files AWS WeatherBug Weather exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office XP Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research HKLM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Extra button WeatherBug HKCU O - Broken Interne... Read more

A:Popups - Adware and Spybot doesn't detect

Hi Simple Man,Welcome to BC! The HijackThis you have is outdated, and running from your Temp folder, which is not recommended.Click My Computer, then C:\In the menu bar, File->New->Folder.That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis". Now you have C:\HJT\ folder.Now, download the latest version of HijackThis from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/Merijn/HijackThis.zip and unzip it to your HJT folder.You may want to print out these instructions so that they are easier to follow. Be sure your system is configured to show hidden files. Run HijackThis and put a check in the boxes next to the following:R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missingO1 - Hosts: 12.129.205.209 search.netscape.com12.129.205.209 sitefinder.verisign.comO2 - BHO: (no name) - {00320615-B6C2-40A6-8F99-F1C52D674FAD} - C:\WINDOWS\localNRD.dllO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {2CDE1A7D-A478-4291-BF31-E1B4C16F92EB} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kivypk] C:\WINDOWS\System32\owsxgb.exeO16 - DPF: {15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://public.windupdates.com/get_file.php...02b8bf1fcecd7ffClose all browsers and windows (except for HijackThis) and click Fix checked Reboot into Safe Mode. Find and delete the following files and folders in red (some may not be present):C:\WINDOWS\localNRD.dllC:\WINDOWS\System32\owsxgb.exe Reboot normally and post a new log here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4086/popups-adware-and-spybot-doesnt-detect/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have a virus no doesn't virus! detect Antivirus software antivirus can detect I ve also tried spybot etc Please help Here s some info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Antivirus software doesn't detect virus! Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K SJ Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files x ASUS Wireless Console wcourier exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe C Program Files x Internet Antivirus software doesn't detect virus! Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Micke AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE GFZO HB SysInfo exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Micke AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE EKSJ CCL HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www techsupportforum com forums f R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http asus msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AVG Do Not Track - EEF-CB F- F-AFEB-D E A B BA - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgdtiex dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin ssv dll O - BHO IESpeakDoc - D F C - E - BD - - AC FDF - C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite IEPlugIn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll O - BHO WOT Helper - C E A- F - E -BDD -A E FEB - C Program Files x WOT WOT dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Oracle JavaFX Runtime bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar WOT - - D- c -AAE - F EC BF D - C Program Files x WOT WOT dll O - HKLM Run ASUSPRP quot C Program Files x ASUS APRP APRP EXE quot O - HKLM Run ATKOSD C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe O - HKLM Run ATKMEDIA C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Media DMedia exe O - HKLM Run HControlUser C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe quot O... Read more

Relevancy 72.24%

i have about a 5 yr old compaq running xp.i had bestbuy to put in a radeon 9550 avg graphics card and i had to restore my com now windows wont detect the card so when i try to install the soft ware it says it cant find any hardware to install the software.i could use any help plz and ty.
Edit/Delete Message

A:Windows doesn't detect my new graphics card

Double post

Already answered here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic112198.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-detect-my-new-graphics-card.112205/
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently moved into the dorms of my college and tried connecting my laptop to the internet using an ethernet cable. It worked, so I decided to try and play Xbox Live through the use of the ethernet cable and it did not work. After messing around with it and failing to get it to work for my Xbox 360, the ethernet decided to quit working for my computer as well. The "Local Area Connection" isn't there when the cable is unplugged and only shows up for a second when it it plugged in and disappears. If I click on it fast enough, it shows up with an Error Code 45 after looking at the properties. I have tried typing in ipconnfig /all and the ethernet connection doesn't show up there either. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. If you need any more details, just ask.

A:Computer Doesn't Detect Ethernet Cable

Interesting note; I tried connecting with a new ethernet cable again (with no success), however, if I click on the local area connection that the ethernet cable creates before it disappears and create a MAC bridge connection with it and my wireless connection, I can get online, with very unstable connectivity. So this method does not work, but I found that doing so actually allows the local area connection to stay shown with the ethernet cable plugged into both my laptop and Xbox 360 with a bridged connection. If I remove the cable, the connection goes away.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250245-computer-doesnt-detect-ethernet-cable.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Dear All, I just buy new one HP desktop - HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT. But when I install windows 7, usb mouse and keyboard not working so that I could not install windows 7. I try install windows 8.1 pro, working very well. I don't know why HP ProDesk G2 install windows 7 ok but G3 can not. How can I install windows 7 on G3? Please help me in this case. Thanks and best regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-ProDesk-400-G3-MT-doesn-t-detect-USB-mouse-and-keyboard/td-p/5681665
Relevancy 72.24%

I have the lenovo Yoga 710 14, running win10 64bitI'm trying to connect it to an external screen, using the micro HDMI port and the computer doesn't reconigze the other screen.How can I fix this? is it a driver issue? Is it something else? Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-doesn-t-detect-external-screen/td-p/3477425
Relevancy 72.24%

Title says it all. I have two hard drives, one with Ubuntu Linux and Vista. Ubuntu works fine, and detects and uses everything. Vista doesn't see anything at all. Not even a PCI Audio... thingy. I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy.

Thanks,
Ryan

Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there,

I'm running Windows XP sp3 and have a 500G Transcend USB external hard drive without external power and all was working very well, but suddenly Windows doesn't detect my hdd on startup, the Safely Remove Hardware item appears in the system tray and is showing the presence of the drive but it doesn't assign a drive letter to it and it also doesn't appear in My Computer untill I unplug it then replug it. Does anyone have a solution for this annoying problem. A little help is appreciated very much, thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Windows doesn't detect HDD on startup

The problem seems to be the HDD itself because i've tried another external HDD and it's working fine, what possibly can be the problem it's a very new HDD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-doesnt-detect-hdd-on-startup.901197/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Dell Inspiron 3521 with a DVD RW drive listed as "HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU70N" and I use Ashampoo Burning Studio 14. When I tried to burn a Video DVD after DVD authoring I get a warning saying "The inserted CD/DVD could not be detected". I tried other software too. They don't seem to detect the DVD too. Please help me with this issue.

A:DVD burning software doesn't detect empty DVD

Reset the drive. Go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the drive and then LEFT click "Uninstall". Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the drive. This fixes a lot of flakey problems and any device Windows corruption. First step in resolving problems such as yours.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/36714-dvd-burning-software-doesnt-detect-empty-dvd.html
Relevancy 72.24%

OS Windows x SP Browser Firefox The last version of Flash Player to work properly with Firefox was I m not quite certain what happened but I believe the plugin attempted to update to version Firefox 11 10.0.2 Flash detect Player doesn't and failed Now every time I go to a site with Flash content Firefox tells me I need to install FP and offers to do it for me I go through the plugin download but after it downloads Firefox 10.0.2 doesn't detect Flash Player 11 the plugin the installation fails and it tells me it must be manually installed I then go to the Flash website it detects my browser and gives me the correct download for Firefox Firefox 10.0.2 doesn't detect Flash Player 11 and Firefox 10.0.2 doesn't detect Flash Player 11 Windows -bit I download and run the installer It runs correctly and Flash Player is fully installed on my computer Google Chrome which uses the same installation of Flash as Firefox works properly with it But Firefox still refuses to recognize it I have doublechecked the list of plugins under Firefox s Addons menu to see if the plugin needed to be manually enabled and it isn t even listed Just today I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox still with no results The only way for me to be able to use Flash right now would be to uninstall and reinstall Help please Thank you

A:Firefox 10.0.2 doesn't detect Flash Player 11

Maybe you're misinterpreting something. Flash is the same for IE and Chrome but different for Firefox. It has to be downloaded not through the Flash website but through Firefox addons. If it's not there, then you didn't do that. I know you think you did but your Firefox addons manager is telling you otherwise. So I don't think you added Flash to Firefox properly.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443004/firefox-1002-doesnt-detect-flash-player-11/