Windows Support Forum

Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

Q: Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

Samsung has announced that their latest 32-inch Ultra HD monitor, the U32E850R with support for AMD's FreeSync technology, is now available in the United States with a rather hefty price tag of $1,199.

Read more

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Samsung launches 32-inch 4K monitor with AMD FreeSync

With those prices of decent sized monitors and capable GPUs, We are years from 4K being more of a gimmick for the few rich. I just wait for QWHD to go down to earth prices. They're stuck at 350? for like two years now?
Relevancy 104.49%

LG Australia has revealed a new FreeSync monitor on their website perhaps a little earlier than the company anticipated, and it could be a great option for gamers wanting to upgrade to a 4K display.

Read more

A:LG's 27MU67 monitor packs FreeSync alongside a 4K, 27-inch IPS panel

4 way split? That's pretty cool. I know other monitors have done it (though none immediately come to mind) but very cool nevertheless. It might not be an IPS type panel but that's not a bad price all things considered.
Relevancy 85.14%

Acer announced two new gaming-grade 27-inch monitors at the Consumer Electronics Show last month. The XB270HU garnered the most media attention thanks to its IPS panel and Nvidia G-Sync technology. What Acer neglected to mention at the time, however, was...

Read more

A:Acer's 27-inch XG270HU display will ship with FreeSync support

Those bezels are awesome! I wonder how much it'll go for though...
Relevancy 85.14%

Acer has added a new monitor to their gaming-focused lineup, the amazing looking XR341CK. This 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440 pixels @ 75Hz) IPS monitor comes with a curved display in a zero frame design, which Acer says...

Read more

A:Acer reveals 34-inch curved QHD FreeSync and G-Sync monitors

This type of monitor is the best way to channel the power of your GTX 980 Ti, which inherited its anti-aliasing power from the many generations before it, as opposed to having it choke on the 4K pixel-mania in chase for almost the same effect, at the expense of the dropped FPS.
Relevancy 84.71%
Relevancy 71.38%

Iball launched worlds cheapest Windows 8.1 tablet which cost just INR 4999
The Tablet is very good at this price, check out
Even a windows 8.1 Licensed media cost INR 6000, so its a great deal!!!!!!!
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I have a 755CX ThinkPad. The monitor on it is about 12 inches big, but for some reason, windows 98 Only uses up about 10 inches of the screen, and the rest of the screen is still lighted.
I tried changing all of the display options and still no difference.

Perhaps this is a driver problem?
Relevancy 67.51%

The NV7 OPS gives us a whopping 7x zoom along with 7.2mp inside a matte black shell. You have the choice of going totally automatic, semi-automatic (you're only shooting pictures, mind), or fully manual to make the most of your surroundings. Also included is Optical Picture Stabilisation and Advanced Shake Reduction
Relevancy 65.79%

Would anyone know the root cause for this problem.

23 inch monitor with HDMI to HDMI conection. Native resolution is correct, although the Windows screen on the monitor is just a little too big. i.e Start button is half off the bottom left corner and when a window is maximized, the minimize, maximize and close buttons of the window are just off of the top right hand corner.

Would this be a Monitor driver problem, Inegrated graphics card problem, or Windows 7-64 bit problem?

any suggestion would be helpfull on how to resolve or where to look for a fix.

A:Samsung 23 inch LCD LED resolution problems

check your drivers would be my first port of call, have you done an "auto config" on the monitor? ie let it adjjust itself to the display?
Relevancy 63.21%

Samsung has launched a trio of TCO-optimized solid state drives based on the company's three-dimensional (3D) Vertical NAND (V-NAND) flash technology.

Read more

A:Samsung launches three high-speed NVMe solid state drives with 3D V-NAND

I want to see some benchmark tests.
Relevancy 58.48%

i am about to buy a 17 inch monitor, flat screen / LCD.
any recommendations on where to look for a low price right now? today or tomorrow?
i am not afraid of refurbished as long as I have the option to return for an exchange of the same item or better return policy.

A:help 17 inch LCD monitor

Tottenham Court Road.
Relevancy 58.48%

Please give some ideas about LCD monitor. I want to buy a 19 inch LCD monitor. Ranging from 500 dollars.. thank you.

A:What is the best 19 inch LCD Monitor?

Too lazy to read hardware reviews? Perhaps some things to look for:

Response time - smaller is better, Pixel pitch - smaller is better, Brightness and Contrast Ratio - bigger is better ..
Relevancy 58.48%

I plan to buy a 23 inch monitor, my eyes are on these two:

Any suggestion?

A:Which 23-inch monitor is better?

Don't know which one of them is the better one, but if it helps you, I own the Samsung one and I have never had any problems with it. The build and screen quality is good. Don't know about the Acer, but personally I would never buy anything with the trademark Acer on it, unless it has gotten insanely good reviews.
Relevancy 58.48%

I currently own a 27inch monitor (iiyama 1920 x 1080 full HD) which i use for gaming/movies/programming etc. Its really great however i fancy getting a larger screen for watching movies (esp bluRay) so im thinking about 37" LCD/TV. Because of space issues i prefer not to have my current monitor and TV next to each other but rather have 1 as combined solution.

Question 1: If i get a decent 37" TV (@1920 x 1080) does the resolution look good on desktop, internet and gaming or does it looks very stretched?

Question2: My current graphics card is GTX260 (which has 2 DVI ports but no HDMI), is my best option to use the VGA on TV or convert HDMI to DVI?

A:37 inch lcd/tv as monitor?

i use a samsung 52" as a computer monitor, looks great (not stretched)
use a dvi to hdmi cable it will be a digial connection and look perfect
Relevancy 57.62%

We have windows xp operating system and we just bought a 19 inch monitor (previous was a 15 inch). I went to play solitaire and spider solitaire the other day but now with the new monitor the cards look so small. Even when you go to full screen mode the cards remain little but the spacing between the cards expands. Does anyone know if there's a way to make the cards larger. They were okay with the 15 inch but now on this screen their midgets. We've been checking settings all over and all we keep running in to is 'this cannot be changed since it is part of the Windows system'. It basically says that everything is already programmed in xp and settings can not be changed. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:solitaire on a 19 inch monitor

That's the way it works, I guess you need to send that 19" monitor to me and continue to use the 15" one.
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, recently I've got a new monitor which best displays at 1920x1200, but the accursed EDID limits that to 1440x900. Luckily, I was able to override that with ATI CCC, but that only works on VGA. Switching to the better DVI limits the resolution back to 1440x900. Making it bigger via Windows Display Properties only made everything worse, the screen does not display everything and I have to move my mouse to move the view.
I have tried mamny times uninstalling/reinstalling video card drivers, even old ones on the disc, but that did not work. Even unistalling/reinstalling the monitor on Device Manager did nothing.
Please help.

Windows XP SP3
ATI Radeon HD 4350 (w/ latest driver)
Monitor: VQL-24WD
Relevancy 57.62%

Going to University so need a flat screen, CRT is simply too bulky for the box-room they call student housing .

I'm looking for a new LCD monitor that will not ghost or blur in fast moving games. I was hoping to get one with a 12ms response time but it seems they don't make 15 inch models with this (or not that i can find). So I'll be happy with 16ms as long as it is a good make. I'm looking at 15 as apposed to 17 inch models simply because for the price I probably cannot afford a good 17 inch one, whereas I can buy a really good 15 inch model that will look lovely for my games.

I live in England (UK) and am looking to spend hopefully around £250.

Any suggestions?
Relevancy 57.62%

im getting a gaming computer soon, and I dont want to use much money on my monitor, I my plan was to use it on my TV, but my friends say that unless you have a really powerful computer, it will lag the PC to pieces. so I was wondering if my computer could handle my 46 inch samsung plasma TV?

motherboard: asus P8Z77-V pro Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
procesor: intel core i7 3770K 3,5hz 8mb s-1155 IVY
graphics card: asus geforce gtx 570 directcu II 1280mb pci-e dvi/hdmi
harddrive: seagate barracuda 2TB 7200rpm sata/600 64mb
powersupply: corsair hx 750w atx12v 2.2 / eps12v
RAM: corsair 8gb ddr3 vengeance l pc3.12800 1600mpz cl9 (2X4GB)

A:Using my 46-inch television as a monitor?

It is possible that the TV could introduce a bit of latency, depending on the system and type of interface, but perhaps not, so I reckon there's nothing to lose by just trying it, and if it's pants, then start saving for a monitor!
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm curious if anyone out there knows anything about Sceptre monitors. I'm giving some thought to buying their 19-inch LCD monitor (currently on sale at the Costco web site), but never heard of that brand before. Would appreciate any comments and assistance you have to offer.

Relevancy 57.19%

hi all!!

i have a problem with my Stuioworks 700s 15 inch Monitor,when i turn my pc on then the the monitor, its just blank, the led comes on and there is no picture. it is the monitor the vidoe card and the pc is fine. does any one have and input?? or know off a way to take the back off it?? iv only had the monitor for a year, os its not that old.
thanking you in advance

A:Stuioworks 700s 15 inch Monitor

I would try the monitor on a different computer. Did you change refresh rates or display settings before this happened. I've seen this happen if you set windows to use a refresh rate or screen size that the monitor can't handle. If it works fine on another computer, try hitting F8 on start up to get into safe mode and change your display settings to the lowest they'll go and restart. Or borrow someone elses monitor and try to get into windows. If so then lower the settings and try again. Unless you are good with electronics testing, I wouldn't take the monitor apart. Take it to a shop to get looked at. They can give you a nasty shock if you poke around at the wrong things.
Relevancy 57.19%

hey i have big rob with my PHILIPS 150s4 15 inch monitor. its the power i know because i had to keep moving the powercord from the monitor so the ower would work. anyway i need a little tut on how to diseblle this crap cause atm i cant get it undone. please reply asap all i really want is to disseble it nothing less. and i dont want some smart **** saying to take it to a repair shop

A:LCD Monitor - PHILLIPS 150S4 15 inch

Anyone??? I this badly
Relevancy 57.19%

When I fired up my monitor yesterday, instead of getting 16-millions colors I got green and red and a strange yellow. So I rebooted. Now I have a one inch vertical band running the vertically in the middle of the screen. You can actually tell the system is going through the boot and "visualize" the point where it gets to the desktop. Is this the video card or monitor? Definitely either, or do I need to find another monitor, plug it in and do a test. (This is the hassle). If I can get a definitive answer I'll either 1)go buy the video card or 2)go buy the monitor. Thanks.

A:Monitor with a one inch band of light

What OS do you have? Sometimes you can boot into Safe Mode or VGA mode to fix video problems. If it's still bad, it's probably the monitor going out. There are places that just repair monitors...less expensive than buying a new one.

[Edited by AnyKey on 06-21-2001 at 02:23 PM]
Relevancy 57.19%

IM trying to set up a monitor for a friend but wilst hes online gaming or offline etc he gets a very very light pattern , rather like small squares on his monitor. Hes just purchased the monitor out of a news paper but there was no driver with it. Ive searched the world wide web and it seems that the original site has closed down so there may well be no support anymore.

Can any one help me by tracking down a driver. Im using windows XP home but XP dont seem to wont to load it...

Thx in advance Rhyan

A:Help looking for a AMAGA 19 Inch Monitor driver

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I just recently bought HP monitor and connected it to my Laptop and installed the driver.My only problem is the annoying icon on the upper right corner of my monitor. it seems like this is one feature of the driver. it goes away when I exit it out but whenever I start my computer it comes back on. (closing this is basically closing the driver's software, so it starts again whenever I restart my computer) is there a way to turn off this feature? 

A:HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor

Hi @CrazyCoder, Welcome to the HP Forum!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  I understand that you recently bought  the HP Pavilion monitor and it is working well except you have an icon in the upper left that you find annoying. This icon is most likely for the My Display software. Here  is a link to IPS LED Backlit Monitors User Guide for you to review. You can use the My Display software to choose preferences for optimum viewing. You can select settings for gaming, movies, photo editing or just working on documents and spreadsheets. You can also easily adjust settings such as brightness, color, and contrast using My Display software. You can uninstall the software, if you choose not to use it. Otherwise, you will need to check the settings to determine if there is an option to hide the icon. Please let me know how it goes.  Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the ?Thumbs Up? below is a great way to say thanks!
Relevancy 57.19%

I need to order my mother a 22 inch monitor but I'm not sure which one to order. I would prefer to order it from newegg but if their is a good deal on one somewhere else tell me! It will have to be connected by d sub not dvi so I'm not sure if image quality is a very big deal. She will use it for browsing and 2d games such as zuma and bejeweled as well as browsing but her ancient pc only has integrated graphics so will it handle it fine?

I was thinking that these ones looked good but I'm not sure which will be most reliable.,N82E16824009174,N82E16824009145
Edit: Ahh yes of coarse I forgot to mention the budget, 150 to 170 would be ideal.

A:Choosing a 22 inch monitor for my mother

Any help would be appreciated.
Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to find Windows compatible touchscreen TV Monitor This is the list I have Monitor inch) (46+ Large Presentation come up with but I don't think of these will work with windows If anyone has any suggestions or could help with my search I would appreciate it MUCH Manufacturer Model Screen Large Presentation Monitor (46+ inch) Size Screen Type Touch Type of Touch Points Price Note MFG Website LG PZ Plasma Pen discontinued http www lg com us tvs lg- PZ -plasma-tv LG PV Plasma Pen discontinued http www lg com us tvs lg- PV -plasma-tv LG M T infra M T Special Display Digital Signage global products digital-signage special-display index Large Presentation Monitor (46+ inch) jsp LG M T infra M T Special Display Digital Signage global products digital-signage special-display index jsp InFocus Mondopad LCD Hands built in computer http www infocus com mondopad HP LD tm LCD HP LD tm -inch LCD Interactive Digital Signage Display overview - HP Small Large Presentation Monitor (46+ inch) amp Medium Business products NEC V -TOUCH infra http www necdisplay com p large--screen -displays v -touch Sharp PN-L B infra - quot http www sharp-world com products professional-monitors products comparison index html Samsung ts- TSN - OVERVIEW SAMSUNG Samsung TS- optical Samsung LFD Monitors ELO L E LCD active Elo Touch Solutions amp mdash L quot Desktop Wall-Mount Touchmonitor planar ep L-B-TP led optical Planar Reseller Support - ep L-B - Planar Systems When Image Experience Matters planar ep L-B-TP optical Planar Reseller Support - ep L-B - Planar Systems When Image Experience Matters TouchSystems V D dispersive TouchSystems - P Series quot Touch Monitor Kiosk Mitsubishi MDT S discontinued http www mitsubishi-presentations com mdt s viewsonic CDP T Viewsonic CDP T

A:Large Presentation Monitor (46+ inch)

Well I can't point to one and say "That one"...

But what I can say is that most all touchscreen monitors out there do not have "touchscreen" drivers. They nearly all simulate a mouse by installing a mouse driver. Which means that using them for windows 8 touch will not work so well (I.e. can't scroll the metro start screen with a swipe)

SO... you really need to call up the manufacturers of these monitors and talk to someone knowledgeable in tech support to find out if they offer a true touchscreen driver for their monitor.

Alternately you can try downloading the driver and looking at the INF files or even installing the drivers and seeing what kind of device it actually installs. This may take a little spelunking in the registry or in the installed .inf files for the driver to be able to tell though...
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I just recently bought HP monitor and connected it to my Laptop and installed the driver.My only problem is the annoying icon on the upper right corner of my monitor. it seems like this is one feature of the driver. it goes away when I exit it out but whenever I start my computer it comes back on. (closing this is basically closing the driver's software, so it starts again whenever I restart my computer) is there a way to turn off this feature?
Relevancy 57.19%

Do you like a Dell ultrasharp 1704fpt 17-inch flat lcd monitor with height adjustable? It costs 235.00 because of 25%off?
Relevancy 57.19%

I am about to purchase a 24" Monitor. . . but I really donít know what specs or qualities I should be looking for in this Monitor?

I am a amateur Photographer & use Photoshop regularly, other uses include business & Web publishing but no Gaming.

Specs. & Prices are all over the map . . . its very confusing , Can you recommend a few Monitors that may fit my uses.

Thank you,
Moe in Ontario

A:YOUR HELP is Required with Purchasing a 24 inch Monitor

i would take a look at the dell 2407 or 2707, they have just released the dell 2709 which looks sweet
other than that check out the samsung,LG and viewsonic lineup
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a 27 inch LED monitor which I bought for less then a year ago, I have always been playing at 1920x1080 on it with my laptop , it is the highest available option,

I have lately been wondering if there is any way to check if it can support 2,560x1,440?

I don't have the packaging or name of the model left so I have been unable to check this that way,

I assume since the 2,560x1,440 isn't available in the graphic options that means it max supports 1920x1080?

I can imagine a 2,560x1,440 monitor is quite expensive? any models you can recommend for a fair price?

A:27 inch monitor that supports 2,560x1,440?

Obzoleet said:

I have a 27 inch LED monitor which I bought for less then a year ago, I have always been playing at 1920x1080 on it with my laptop , it is the highest available option,

I have lately been wondering if there is any way to check if it can support 2,560x1,440?

I don't have the packaging or name of the model left so I have been unable to check this that way,

I assume since the 2,560x1,440 isn't available in the graphic options that means it max supports 1920x1080?

I can imagine a 2,560x1,440 monitor is quite expensive? any models you can recommend for a fair price?

ObzoleetClick to expand...

Yes, the monitor will not support 2560x1440p if its highest output is shows to be 1080p, you have to specifically buy a monitor like this one that supports 2560 resolution.
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I have recently purchased two Samsung inch problem. inch monitor Dual 27 monitors and hooked them up to my computer which has a series ati card They were working fine when suddenly both screens went black I was in the middle of installing skype After that dual monitors would not work each monitor would work on its own but when I plugged the nd monitor in the primary one would go redish tinged and the nd would be a black screen I did a system restore and still they won t work as they did originally I tried dual monitors with my old Dual 27 inch monitor problem. flat screen and one of the new inch monitors and it works just not the two inch monitors together Both monitors work fine on their own and plugged into both of the separate slots They work Dual 27 inch monitor problem. fine plugged into my other computer I had two monitors before this one Dual 27 inch monitor problem. was a inch old boxy style daeglow and a small inch flat screen and never had a problem thanks in advance for your help These are my system specs ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name OWNER-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MSI System Model MS- BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting DPI percent System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SyncMaster Monitor Id SAM Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - BD - CF-F - A BBEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x B Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Evergreen ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB ... Read more
Relevancy 57.19%

I have recently been considering replacing my non branded 17" monitor with a flat screen (not tft) 19" monitor and one of the best deals I have seen online in the UK is the 19" VM Pro 454 from Iiyama. Looks like a good deal but I have read a few review sites that say CTX, LG and Hitachi are better displays. I have seen a few Iiyama monitors and they look like good displays, just wondering what users experiences are of them...

VM Pro 454 19" CRT
Mfr code: HM903DT
Quicklinx: 1689WS
Ordered Upon Request £289.00
With Tax £339.57

A:19" inch monitor, which make?

My experience of Iiyama is good, but you should always ask for a demo of the various monitors in the store, especially if you are parting with that kind of cash.
Relevancy 56.33%

Is there any way to get my monitors to show full screen? I have changed all of the settings on the monitor but nothing seems to work. My 20 inch does not do it but my computer with dual monitors (25" and 23.6") both have this black band.

A:Monitor has half inch black frame all around

adjust the resolution from your video card software
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys,

Basically I was wondering how would I set up my Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor.

I have a HP Pavilion all in one computer

The computer has no HDMI Cable in the back or a DVI or VGA. All It has is USB and LAN ports.

I wanted to hook it up so i can use my xbox 360 on it.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, I have a few questions about this monitor but my main question is that my AC adapter has stopped working--Can someone please verify if the following adapter (link below) is the correct one? Or does HP sell it? My 2nd question;How much does this monitor cost brand new? I await your response,Thank you
Relevancy 56.33%

I have the HP w2338h 23-inch LCD Monitor and am attempting to upgrade to Win 10 but it will not let me due to monitor not compatible.  I've gone to support page and when I change opp sys to win 10 no drivers are found.  Please advise.

A:HP w2338h 23-inch LCD Monitor not compatible with Windows 10

BBartok It's unlikely that's the real problem, as monitors generally do not need or use drivers. We need the detail product number of your PC.  There should be a sticker with this information on the case.It will look something like this:  The product number we need it item#3. Also, I see you're running Win10. Did the PC come preinstalled with Win10? Or, did you upgrade it from a prior OS to Win10?If you did the upgrade, how long ago was that, and what was the prior OS?We can proceed once you provide the information.Thanks
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey guys,

Basically I was wondering how would I set up my Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor.

I have a HP Pavilion all in one computer

The computer has no HDMI Cable in the back or a DVI or VGA. All It has is USB and LAN ports.

I wanted to hook it up so i can use my xbox 360 on it.

A:How would I set up my Asus VS238H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED-Lit LCD Monitor

Closing duplicate too:
Relevancy 56.33%

So here is the deal I 27-inch monitor 2560x1440 (limited options) am in search of 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) a -inch monitor with a x resolution so I can use it with my early -inch retina MacBook Pro and also with other laptops such as my girlfriend s Asus VivoBook and any other 27-inch 2560x1440 monitor (limited options) laptop that I decide to buy I have alrady discarded a x model as I learned that my retina MacBook Pro will not support such a high resolution on an external screen I do not use it for heavy photo or video editing or anything It is basically web browsing and productivity office applications First an explanation The fact is that I live in Brazil and offers of p monitors here are very limited I cannot just order a monitor from the US or from other country such as Korea because the huge taxes charged by the government will make it just not worth it I have made the calculations Even a very cheap US monitor will end up costing about US when it arrives in my home due to the magic of Brazilian taxes And a US monitor may end up costing almost US And that is only after the Brazilian customs office decides to release the product which may take a few months Perhaps you have heard of some guy who sends products to Brazil at no additional cost and that really exists It is calling smuggling and people may get caught doing that and I am not ordering a monitor through a smuggler to save a few bucks No workarounds here So the option of not buying in Brazil is pretty much non-existant so that is why I am stuck with the limited choices and therefore I am asking for your help here So the choices are pretty much limited The Apple Thunderbolt Display costs about US here and I will not buy it apart from the price also because it will not work with laptops which do not support Thunderbolt The following monitors are available here for a reasonable or at least payable price and not all of them are readily available Philips P QPJKEB US Dell UltraSharp U HM US weeks to be delivered Samsung SyncMaster S A US LG EA R US sold out for now Basically these are the only options I have The Dell is the cheapest one to buy in the credit card but it will take something like a month to arrive or maybe even more The LG model one is sold out for now but it comes and goes all the time so I might end up finding one The Samsung and the Philips models are ready for shipment and will be delivered in about a week or so As I understand the LG and the Dell models use the same IPS panel as the Apple Thunderbolt Display The panel is made by LG and is has a nit brightness The Samsung and the Philips on the other hand both share the same PLS panel made by Samsung and they sport a nit brightness PLS is supposed to be Samsung s answer to IPS I would like to know which of these monitors is better and would be more recommended First which panel is the best Second which monitor is the best and most polished Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 56.33%

I've Decided to go DVI, but Now I have an even bigger problem.What Brand should I go with? Im looking for a DVI 19 inch LCD monitor with at the most 8ms Response Time,good reviews and must have no shadowing and is great with Fast pace action pack games like Half life and Farcry mostly FPS. I like THIS BenQ but are there other good brands out there? Fujiplus? AOpen? JetWay? Acer?

I was gonna get THIS HYUNDAI cause it had Tons of mostly good reviews, untill people started telling horror stories of vertical lines and that just scared me away.
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, This is a brand-new monitor (got it just today actually). Link to YouTube clip showing the problem As you can see from the clip that I uploaded to YouTube, whenever I press the ON button, after a few seconds a purple screen flashes quickly and then disappears. The monitor does NOT turn on. When the screen flashes the purple color, it does say that the "HDMI connection" is "active".  The monitor is connected to my mac air 2013 via HDMI. What is causing this problem? Is it the monitor or is it the connection? Could it be something wrong with my mac air itself? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Relevancy 56.33%

I've been working on this two months. I have a relatively new Dell 23 inch monitor and everything is wider than it should be. People look fat who are slim. They appear normal when printed out. I've used all the buttons including auto adjust, etc. and, although I am fairly computer literate, I guess I'm lacking where monitors are concerned. Could someone who knows what they're doing walk me through this.

Relevancy 56.33%

Last week I ran a class using our facilitiy's quot HDTV with a HDMI input Hooked my AZUS P E Notebook to the TV via the HDMI cable and had video on both the notebook and the TV Was able to conduct the class using the TV with me at my computer running the show Today I assisted our director to test the participation in a webinair next week using the same hookup I had above Two things went wrong When I hooked up the TV the video on my notebook monitor quit Got it back as soon as the TV was disconnected The resolution is way too low for the TV x instead of higher to get all of the content on the TV screen The notebook monitor requires X When I to in TV 47 addition inch Using onboard the with a P53E my monitor No hook up the TV the resolution drops to the lower value of x and cannot be adjusted back up it's grayed Using a 47 inch TV in addition to the onboard monitor with my P53E No out Anything I should or can do to use the two monitors with better TV resolution

A:Using a 47 inch TV in addition to the onboard monitor with my P53E No

Could you post your FULL model number for your laptop?
Relevancy 56.33%

I have LG 27 inch monitor when i connect Hdmi cable from laptop to Monitor nothing happens. I even installed drivers for the monitor successfully.  I tried my laptop to other pc by hdmi to dvi and it works. Please help.  Thanks
Relevancy 56.33%

So far I haven't seen any Windows 8 apps that make sense for a 24-inch monitor. Of course there aren't very many available yet so the question might be better stated as "What Windows 8 apps imagined for tablet or smaller screens would be useful on a 24-inch monitor?" Of course you can run all of them on such a large screen but I've looked at weather and news and find them to be a terrible waste of space. It would seem like running them in a smaller window of your choice (like BlueStac) would make more sense.

A:What Windows 8 [Metro] Apps might be useful on a 24-inch monitor?

I am developing applications that maximizes content per screen, it also won the 2012 International Windows 8 Hackathon, so Microsoft approves!

In the future I might add another grid for the right, so I can space things out a little and add more content.
Relevancy 56.33%

i have a dell dimension 4550 that i bought back in 2002. do i need to upgrade my video card to use this monitor?

Relevancy 56.33%

I want a LCD monitor for gaming and surfing the net but I also want to hook my hd cable box into it so I can watch my shows in hd,Is there a monitor that can do this for me that isn't more then 400 dollars??
Relevancy 56.33%

Good selection of electronic items to chose from
Click HEREHave to click on the offer you want and follow the steps
Relevancy 55.9%

I bought a HP Pavilion 23xw 23-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor because when I tried to upgrade my HP ENVY Phoenix 800-070st CTO Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #: D6M13AV it said my display wasn't compatible. (It was also an HP monitor HP Pavilion 23xi 23" IPS LED Backlit Monitor). Everything else was compatible. Why can't I upgrade?

A:HP Pavilion 23xw 23-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor not compati...

As long as you have the right DVI or HDMI output, there is no reason you can't. 

I don't run HP, I just like helping others!FX6300 / Biostar TA970 / 8GB ADATA DDR3 / MSI HD 7950 / Corsair RM850 / Sandisk U110 250GB SSD and 2x WD Velociraptors 300GB / Antec 1100 V2 / NZXT Respire T40
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an HP Pavilion 25bw 25-inch IPS LED backlit monitor that I bought, I think, about 2 years ago that just suddenly quit powering on. I would think a monitor lasts longer than that. The S/N: 3CM34704LH for what its worth. Hope this is something that can be repaired instead of replaced. Thanks for any help
Relevancy 55.9%

i just bought my asus 23 inch computer screen about a month ago, i was using said screen about two days ago when all of a sudden, when i exited out of the internet, the bottom inch of the screen started flashing with images from the top of the screen. now i can't see my start bar or anything down below. soon after i noticed a single very thin blue line running vertically up the screen. i tried buying an hdmi cable to see if the problem was with one of the cables that came with the screen and it didnt help. what can i do to fix this?

A:ASUS 23 Inch LCD Monitor Flicker Ghost Image

Have you tried the monitor on another computer to verify its the monitor and not something with the computer? If the problem follows the monitor you will need to contact the place of purchase or the manufacturer(Asus) for a warranty repair/replacement.
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, we need a copy of CE Conformity of HP ProDisplay P19A 19-inch LED Backlit Monitor. Only P17A 17-inch is available to download from your website.  Pls send me the link or a copy of it. Thank you
Relevancy 55.9%

I am looking to purchase OEM mounting screws for the HP EliteDisplay E231 23-inch LED Backlit Monitor (i.e., screws that come with a new monitor to mount on the factory stand).  Could someone please point me in the right direction?
Relevancy 55.9%

Guys, I have a dell monitor which is that:Dell E Series E1912H 18.5" Monitor with LED | Dell.
I bought it yeasterday.
Is it possible to run game at 1920*1080 resolution in 18.5 inch LED monitor along with this config which would be my config in very near future:
PRO:core i5 3470 or core i3 3220
Ram:8GB ram ddr3 1600mhz/1333
GPU:ATI 7770/7850 2GB OC
A guy tell me it is not possible if I had not 21 inch what is the difference between in 21 and 18 inch monitor.what I know that screen is bigger.pls tell me more about their difference.That's it
Negetive reply will

A:Is it possible to run game at 1920*1080 resolution in 18.5-inch LED monitor

Mate, the difference between a 18 inch monitor and a 21 inch monitor, is quite literally, 3 inches. What resolution a monitor will support is not the same as how big it is.

You cannot run 1920x1080 on that monitor, because your monitor only supports 1366x768, it has nothing to do with your pc configuration.
Relevancy 55.9%

I just received my HP Pavilion 27xw 27-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor. Today, I tried to use it without speakers. As I know, the monitor have built-in speakers and I should hear voices from the monitor while I was playing music. However, I used two ASUS notebooks to connect with the monitor but there was no sound at all. Did anyone have the same issue before? Does any expert have resoultion for the issue? Thank you very much for your help. CK
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi just re formatted my PC but the drivers were lost. I think I need the Intel 32 ID drivers to work with my monitor. Does anyone no where I can get them???

Thank you

Relevancy 55.47%

I am looking to buy a new flat screen monitor, minimum 17 inches. Knowing that there are probably deals out there waiting to be taken advantage of, and being completely ignorant of almost all of them, I am posting here to see if any of you brilliant folks who are have been so kind answering my questions in the past, know of where decent lcd's can be found, without parting with too much dough. Please let me know. Thanks.

A:Best source for a cheep, yet good 17 inch flat screen monitor..?
Relevancy 55.47%

We just bought a new HP 25-inch wifde LCD Monitor (HP 2511 Series Wide LCD). We are running it on Vista Home Edition on a Desktop Dell machine.

Although overall the resolution looks pretty good and clear, things are somewhat slightly distorted (stretched out) like images etc.

Is there anything I can do to correct this? currently the resolution is set to 32bit/1400x1050 refresh rate is 60. I Loaded the correct driver that came with it for Vista.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Solved: How should I adjust the Screen Resolution for a 25 inch Monitor for Vista?
Relevancy 55.47%

The bottom corner of my mitsubishi diamond pro 1000 21 inch montitor sometimes fades and this morning was highly redified. so I pressed the degauss button, and that fixed things up decently thought it is still a little faded. Strangely if I move the monitor around a bit it seems to get better, depending on how it faces, but the way I want it to face makes the bottom corner not so good. Is there something I can do, some maintenance technique that will improve this situation? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: faded and red spots come and go in the btm rt crnr of my 21 inch dmnd pro monitor
Relevancy 55.47%

Have a HP m7050e, new hard disc, XP media center, w/ PNY graphics card 6600(I think...) - works excellent now that I've loaded driver for the graphics card... except there's a square as described that comes up first time any software is run. Square also picks up characters and repeats them up and down screen while working. How do I get rid of it?

A:Half inch blank or color square in middle of monitor

A screenshot would be useful.

Relevancy 55.47%

I bought a new Dell computer without monitor, now I am trying to use my old Sony 15 inch Multi Scan monitor, but got a message saying my display driver is old.

Could anybody tell me where I can downloan the driver for that please?

Thanks a million,

A:display driver for Sony 15 Inch Multi Scan monitor

Do a search for you model here
Hope this helps
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I recently got a monitor from one of my friends saying that it was broken Its a Dell in LCD I have my main monitor a in Samsung wide screen So i just plugged it into the not my display is stuck dual Computer in monitor will Samsung and monitor mode second Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor DVI slot on my graphics Card When i went into the display config i set up dual monitors just to see if it was working The dell monitor would blink up then quit on me When i was messing with the Display settings I made the Dell Not my Samsung the Default Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor Monitor I Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor unpluged the broken Dell and restarted Now my computer regognizes the Samsung as the second monitor and it just shuts it off and recognizes nothing as the main I managed to get it into safe mode and it recognized the samsung but every time i try go back to Normal Start the screen is blank How can i get it to recognize the Samsung as my main nbsp

A:Computer is stuck in dual monitor mode and will not display my Samsung monitor

You might try reinstalling your cards video drivers
Relevancy 54.61%

Dell on Thursday became the latest to join the G-Sync bandwagon, announcing a pair of new 27-inch monitors on the eve of PAX Prime - one of which is equipped with Nvidia's gaming technology.

Read more

A:Dell hops aboard the G-Sync train with its latest 27-inch monitor

It won't sell at that price. That's x2 the price of similar products without G-Sync.
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an older desktop computer (emachines t2885) which has an 80GB 3.5" ide hard drive, and space for one more drive. I also have an unused 320GB laptop (2.5") drive. I was wondering if there is a way to hook this up internally, with an adapter of some sort, if that is at all possible, or would I be better off with an external enclosure? my only reserve to going external is that i want to use the drive for movies/games etc and USB can be slow sometimes. I have also seen pci cards for e-sata... is this an option here? Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

A:2.5 inch SATA hard drive to 3.5 inch IDE connection

ive seen adaptors that convert IDE to SATA, but none that go the otherway....anyone else got a suggestion.
Relevancy 53.32%

I just connected my new Samsung Syncmaster 2333HD TV/Monitor to my desktop computer for use as a monitor. After powering up the unit I was prompted to scan for available television channels. As I noted, however, I want to use it as a monitor instead of a TV. Since it's already hooked up to my computer, I figure it should be a relatively easy setup process, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. I've already set up the language, time zone, DST, etc., but all I have onscreen now is a box which reads HDMI in the upper left-hand corner, and a box which reads NO SIGNAL in the center. What should I do next?

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who can tell me how to get the unit recognized as a computer monitor. Thank you very much.

A:Solved: How do I set up my Samsung TV/Monitor for use as my desktop monitor?

Hooray! All I did was reboot and the WINDOWS screen appeared. I guess that's all there was to it.
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Dell.
I did a quick search, the HD5500 graphic card should support the resolution output.
Could you confirm I can use the HD5500 can output to external display as extended display for my laptop and this ultra wide display.
What specification of HDMI cable should I use pleast.
Thank you
Relevancy 51.6%

Is there any down side electronically- or performance-wise to 24-inch SATA data cables as opposed to 18-inch SATA data cables?

I have no experience with SATA to this point so please pardon my ignorance.

A:18-inch vs 24-inch SATA cables??

I can't imagine there's be any measurable difference. SATA uses real shielded cables with termination at both ends, so electrical interference that you get with ATA cables shouldn't be an issue.
Relevancy 51.17%

What is the freesync range of the  HP Envy 32 B&O monitor?

A:Freesync range of HP Envy 32 B&O

I am intersted in FreeSync range of this monitor too. Does anybody knows? I can't find it anywhere
Relevancy 50.74%

Is it available on this laptop? AMD website states the FX processor as being dual graphics capable, yet i can find no driver package that enables CROSSFIRE. GPU-Z states "Crossfire Available" but is disabled. What gives? I purchased this laptop for this reason. Is this a windows 10 issue, the AMD website under features states windows 7/8 but does not list windows 10. Also, BOTH the r7 and m385x list freesync on the amd website but i can find no driver package to turn this feature on. Please assist.

A:y700 15acz Crossfire/Freesync

I jave the exavt same laptop, and I have yet to determine how to enable it, though not for lack of trying. If you downlaod a program called "GPU Z" is has a section that says "Crossfire Available (Disabled)" so it seems it CAN run it. Though additionally, in the new AMD crimson app, under Radeon settings, it shows that the graphics drivers are linked.  Crossfire may not be available as a feature per se, but maybe it's doing it naitvely anyway? After all, a AM running Phantom Pain on high with very minimal stuttering and barely any drop in FPS.
Relevancy 50.31%

All right I found a weird bug regarding Freesync Freesync from stops waking sleep after up working VS sleep mode So to enable freesync you need to put the display into Gaming mode When you to that you Freesync stops working after waking up from sleep see an actual prompt that says AMD Freesync ON at the top Then you enable it in the driver and you should be good to go However when you set Gaming mode the brightness and contrast go to each which is WAY too bright for my taste so I lower it down to and When I do that the display Freesync stops working after waking up from sleep changes from Gaming to a personalized settings Freesync still works perfectly fine that is UNTIL the monitor goes to sleep when it wakes up no matter after how long all my settings are preserved but freesync is DISABLED In order to reenable it I need repeat all my steps OSD - gaming mode lower brightness and contrast EVERY TIME I also tested what happens if I change into gaming mode without changing any of the defaults afterwards Freesync remains enabled after sleep So the bug lies when you change any settings AFTER going into gaming mode I also tried installing the HP Display Assistant thinking I could at least control things without going into the OSD and sadly it cannot activate gaming mode so I am stuck using the physical buttons on the OSD Otherwise this is the perfect display Freesync stops working after waking up from sleep for the price it has everything I was looking for and the resolution for this size is perfect at scaling If someone could help me out with this freesync bug I would be thrilled
Relevancy 50.31%

AMD has provided an update on the state of their FreeSync technology, confirming that monitors supporting the adaptive sync technology are now available in select locations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It's expected that FreeSync monitors will hit...

Read more

A:FreeSync monitors now available, and they're cheaper than G-Sync equivalents

I don't see why? Freesync changes your monitor big time! I mean just look at the on/off freesync from the picture at the front.

Atleast with gsync your monitor doesnt need to actually change.
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Guys I'm looking for a favour from fellow owners of a Samsung inch Monitor S B DS EN to prove a blank flashing screen Samsung monitor please help is a fault and not normal behaviour which I am being told by the Samsung repair centre Viewtek My monitor has been in for repair times the fault is if the monitor is switched on from cold and a short Samsung monitor help please video clip from my security camera is played in either Windows Media Player or Gom player the screen will flash to a blank black screen for - second then the picture will return If I put short video clips in to a Gom Player play list the screen flash will occur every time I skip to the next video in the play list by pressing the page down key or when the video ends and moves on to the next clip The flash will also occur when some programs scan for hardware changes or software updates like Samsungs Magician program and NVIDIA's Geforce Experience program There are video clips I have uploaded to You Tube the first was taken yesterday after the rd repair with the fault worse than ever - http www youtube com watch v zCkd pxYs The Second is of the fault before the first repair with a full description and with me letting the monitor sleep etc - http www youtube com watch v A f ature youtu be The strange thing is if I let the monitor go to sleep after waking it the flashing problem does not occur at all then if I switch it off then on again the flashing fault returns There is no problem when maxing out the Computer while gaming at a resolution of x After the monitor went in for repair the st time the base was replaced and the problem was fixed for days then it returned the nd repair it had the screen replaced and it came back with the flashing screen worse than ever The rd repair they connected of these monitors to the same video source and they are saying they all flashed when playing the video clips and that the monitors are doing a calibration run to give the best possible picture which they are now saying is normal behaviour I do not believe this at all To make things worse the monitor came back with what looks like a small crack under the glass and several black dots so it definitely going to have to go back for a th time unless Samsung agree to replace it or refund the I paid for it I am waiting for a phone call from a customer services manager on Tuesday If anyone has this monitor would it be possible for you to help me prove this is a fault by - Turning off monitor then turning it on Queuing up a few short video clips in ideally Gom Player or Windows Media Player In Win Playing the clips and keep skipping them using the Page Down key Does screen flash if so allow the monitor to sleep by putting computer to sleep then waking or rebooting then retest I can email you short video clips of about - kb each if you do not have any Thanks for helping Tony
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,

I'm looking at hooking up an old Sumsung monitor to a fairly new computer with windows xp while my monitor is getting fixed. The current monitor is a plug and play monitor so a need a driver for the old monitor. What driver would I need for this old monitor and at what site could I download it from.

Relevancy 49.88%

Okay, a bit weird but:
after ten seconds of use, the screen goes black. Pressing the source button will bring the screen back up, for ten seconds. Strangely enough, opening the case of pc itself will stop the blackouts.

A:samsung 223 bw monitor

I have also noticed that while playing some games I can alt tab back to the desktop, which will bring the monitor back to life. I'm wondering if this is some kind of sleep mode that is coming on or if there is a hardware defect in either the screen, video card or mobo.
If someone could at least point me in the right direction...
Relevancy 49.88%

I apologize for my newbie-ness but I have what I think is a simple question and I haven't had any luck finding info I'm going to be purchasing a HP A F machine with a PCI-Ex slot running Vista Ultimate bit What I want is this I have a Samsung DLP HDTV that I want to use as a second monitor for the purposes of viewing video The VGA specs from the manual are as follows Mode VESA Resolution DLP second VGA Samsung as via monitor? x RB Vertical Hz Horizontal Hz Vertical polarity P Horizontal polarity N I have a dinky quot LCD VGA only that I want to continue using as a normal PC monitor it's x Samsung DLP via VGA as second monitor? I am not a gamer there will be no games played on this machine other than Minesweeper or Solitaire I just want to do my browing Excel Visual Studio etc on my quot and watch video on the Samsung Doing both at the same time would be great though I could probably live with single tasking if I had to So is this something a quot normal quot dual monitor capable card can do with Vista Again I apologize for this being such a basic question but my knowledge in this area is very weak Thanks in advance Brad

A:Samsung DLP via VGA as second monitor?

Hi Brad and welcome to the forums

You should first check to see whether or not your graphics card is capable of supporting this monitor at its native resolution. If it does, there should be no problem in connecting this to your PC providing you have a suitable cable and, if necessary, an adapter. Make sure that your system is configured to use your 17" LCD as the primary display (check the graphics card manual for details on which is the primary port on the card). Set both ports to output data to their relative monitors at the native resolution for the monitor attached to that port. The colour depth can be set to 32-bit for both monitors and, since you are using solid-state (as opposed to CRT) monitors, you can leave the vertical refresh rate at 60Hz.
Relevancy 49.88%

I purchased a Sumsung LED monitor 5 months ago and I recently noticed that anytime the screen is suppose to be entirely black, there is a 3 inch grey vertical stripe on the left side.

Is there anyway to fix this or do I have a defective monitor?

A:Samsung LED Monitor

i would contact samsung immediately........... while u have warranty
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been trying to get my Samsung LN-S3238D LCD tv to run as my computer's monitor, but it's not working so well. The TV has a VGA outlet, but when I plug it in I get nothing. Also, I thought it might be worth noting that the "PC" option in the TV screen menu is not available, and I'm not sure why. Any help would be appreciated! Forgot to mention.. I have a Nvidia Gefore 6800 video card running at 1280x1024 resolution.
Thanks in advance,
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys, i have a samsung 941bw widescreen 19 inch...i installed the drivers for the monitor but did not install the software. the Auto adjust feature does not work, it says feature not available, do i have to install the software? that's weird i shouldn't have to install the programs that came with it just to have auto feature work.

Relevancy 49.88%

I've got this 19" Samsung LCD monitor that was sent to me to be repaired. The initial problem with it was that it made a hissing noise, then stopped working. Right away I knew it was the capacitors, so I fixed them. But now the backlight doesn't come on. Shows images on the screen, but no light to illuminate them. I'm pretty sure that it's not the screen since I've tried two screens in it already. Could be something on the board, but off hand I can't think of what it could be, everything looks fine. Anyway if anyone could help shine some light on this problem, I would really appreciate it, but as of right now I'm going to see if I can figure it out.
Relevancy 49.88%

24" LCD monitor
Moved it recently and now it will not display. Connected my old dell and it works fine.
Model T240
Cable must be ok since dell works fine.

A:Samsung Monitor help

If the video cable and power cable work fine, then it's broken.
Relevancy 49.88%

I just installed a Samsung which is a in widescreen lcd I am running win xp and i only have properties adaptor and then either quot list all modes quot or quot properties quot Either way i can t see any place to change the resolution to its native resolution of x In quot list all modes quot it shows many different resolutions all the way up to but not So can anyone help me with this please My level of skill is pretty good in general but I help 940 Samsung Need w monitor know very little about video stuff as i am not a gamer and often have relied on the video built into the mobo I am running win xp pro sp w a gig of ddr ram version Need help w Samsung 940 monitor of power strip mb version of nvidia geforce mx in pci format The power strip is registered but i dont know what to do there or how to force x so can anyone Need help w Samsung 940 monitor help me with this I dont care if the help comes thru windows or thru power strip I would just like to get this resolved Thank you nbsp

A:Need help w Samsung 940 monitor

try going to the properties and under the settings tab there should be a screen resolution setting bar that you can slide through the resolutions, are the current drivers installed for the monitor?
Relevancy 49.88%

My Samsung monitor (900NF-19" CRT) just started displaying a window titled 'Control Lock'. It then cycles between 'Locked' and 'Unlocked' and I cannot control it or any monitor settings.

I even tried the manual for the use of this "feature" and the technique described to turn the feature off/on, does not work. I have rebooted, un/re-installed 3 different driver versions all to no avail....

Any help greatly appreciated.
Relevancy 49.88%

When to boot up the computer and my three year old samsung syncmaster 151s was dark .... I can bearly see the screen ..... I can't believe it has gone bad after only three years!

Is there something I could do or is it a lost cause?

Relevancy 49.88%

Up until this point, Asus has been solely focused on producing G-Sync monitors for the gamers out there with Nvidia graphics cards. However this is set to change, with the company preparing to release their first FreeSync monitor, the MG279Q. ...

Read more

A:Asus joins the FreeSync market with 1440p, 144 Hz IPS display

Finally a good IPS monitor. I got tired of seeing so many TN ones.
Relevancy 49.02%

The monitor goes black.when i press button of monitor then the light came back.and a little time later again the screen light turned off.though i can hear the sound as usual.

A:samsung monitor disruption

Hi imranul, and welcome to TSG

What is the model number of the monitor?

Does the monitor work normally with showing the Windows (assuming you are using a computer running MS-Windpws) desktop for a little while and then it goes black? If so, does any kind of message appear on the monitor before it goes black?

When you say "screen light" do you mean the backlight of the LCD panel or some kind of indicator light?
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I have a Samsung SyncMaster 932-BW im using windows XP when I try to use it there a message floating on the screen saying no data. I called samsung and they told me to press the source bottom on the bottom of the screen that did not work, they also said it might be the cable that runs to the computer but im using that cable now on a flat screen and it works fine. The computer im using is a HP pavilion 516x any ideas?

A:issues with samsung monitor os XP

make sure the computer video resolution is set to one that is supported by the monitor.
800x600 and 1024x768 are pretty common ones to use.
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello - I would like to buy a quot to quot LCD Samsung Sync Master monitor since I ve had one for almost years and it s been good to me It has both a DVI port and a VGA port I have a Sony VAIO desktop Serv Pack Pentium chip GBs of RAM Almost half the hard drive is unused Don t know where to look for the voltage It has a lot of memory as I filed up help Samsung monitor with buying Need the slots thinking the system would move faster It only goes up to by pixels I know the new monitors go much higher Highest color quality is bit I m replacing a quot CRT that came with the computer I don t know much Ask me if you need any more info I researched DVI connectors but I don t know what this older computer Need help with buying Samsung monitor can handle I figured why go to DVI if the computer can t put that out to the monitor What if I just did VGA to VGA Under what circumstances would I need a new video card The Sony has the original Video card I just don t know if a quot LCD monitor is compatible with my older computer Can anyone please be kind enough to explain what I m facing and what options I have in layman s terms Oh also I think this monitor may be refurbished by the factory The site I d buy it from has sneaky language about that New Egg sells the same quot monitor for more but it may be worth saving a little more money to get a brand new monitor Thanks so Need help with buying Samsung monitor Much Dawn nbsp
Relevancy 49.02%

I've had an ongoing problem with this for some time now You can see here that my Device Manager tells me that I'm missing a video controller and also in that post Samsung Driver Monitor is my inability to watch full screen videos online Here I talk about the problems I've had with my display driver crashing Now yesterday I downloaded Photoshop and as it opened a window popped up saying that my quot monitor Profile quot is defective and needs to be calibrated See first attachment If I choose to Ignore Profile I can use Photoshop as usual but everything I export has an irremovable yellow tinge If I choose to Use Anyway there is no white in Photoshop's color pallet only the same yellowish color This got me thinking for the first time that my monitor was the Samsung Monitor Driver cause of my problems so I searched online for Samsung swx drivers On their webpage they had up for download only one driver which is for a VGA graphics card See second attachment I've been running a PCI graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GS and I was wondering if this could be the problem Samsung Monitor Driver Would you say I ought to buy a VGA graphics card

A:Samsung Monitor Driver

No VGA card a PCI or PCI -E ATI or Nvidia.

Actually I';d choose Nvidia

You.e already got a decent card in the How does it show up in Device Manger under Display adapters?.
Relevancy 49.02%

Every time I try to run a program (fullscreen) with lower resolution than the monitor (1920x1080) it gives screen waiting ... and only comes out if I press alt tab ... how do I fix this? I called the tech support .. and said that it has seven windows drive yet .. anyone know what do I get?

A:Monitor Samsung 2233SW

hi Thiagi Tupi, and welcome to sevenforums,

thank you for taking the time to fill out your system specs.

do samsung have vista drivers for your monitor? if so, try them.

also look in your nvidia control panel for fullscreen settings - i don't have an nvidia card, so i don't know the exact place to start looking.
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey , I own a Samsun SyncMaster 913v, and I am missing its driver for Windows 7 but , when I check the website for download, it's only available for Windows XP, does it means I won't be able to find a suitable driver for it?
Will I have to wait?

A:Samsung Monitor Driver

Quote: Originally Posted by g0tit

Hey , I own a Samsun SyncMaster 913v, and I am missing its driver for Windows 7 but , when I check the website for download, it's only available for Windows XP, does it means I won't be able to find a suitable driver for it?
Will I have to wait?

You could try running the installer in xp compat mode, see if there is a vista driver floating around out there.

Let us know if this doesnt help

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Samsung s23a350b led monitor, up till yesterday it was working fine but today when i turned my computer on the screen would show the digital conections in the top right but then just go blank, not sure how to fix it, connected an old monitor to the tower and it works fine but i still cant get the other one to work. What should i try?

A:Samsung monitor not working

That's a nice monitor, is it by chance still under warranty? How long have you owned it?
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I am interested in purchasing a new LCD display used primarily for gaming I looked up quot The Beast quot in the pc powerplay magazine and found they recommended the monitor Samsung BF quot ms LCD http www samsung com Products Monitor LCD Digital LS BIDKBVXAA asp I Monitor: vs. Sony Samsung went to the store asking for the monitor and the sale attendant said it was good but also suggested this monitor Sony SDMHS PS quot ms LCD http www pcshopper com au product php productid amp cat amp page I was wondering since I am using the monitor primarily for gaming which monitor would be better The Sony monitor has a glossy finish meaning the image it produces is sharper than the Samsung However the Sony has a lower Monitor: Samsung vs. Sony response time of ms when compared to Samsung s ms Would you notice much ghosting with Monitor: Samsung vs. Sony the Sony s ms response time Is it justifiable to have a slower response time but a crisper image Any advice would be most appreciated Cheers Maqqie EDIT I actually heard that Sony s response time is ms rather than ms This is because Sony time their response time in REAL TIME where as Samsung do it internally in the pc itself In otherwords if Sony were to time their monitors in the pc itself their response time would be ms not ms nbsp

A:Monitor: Samsung vs. Sony

Always Sony, nevermind the response time, you won't tell the difference beetwen 12ms and 8ms.