Windows Support Forum

Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Q: Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Hello nbsp since beginning of the year I have started to have connection problems to any wireless network All of a sudden the laptop no more connects to any wireless network home school phone hotspot and always shows an error Cannot connect to this network It worked before but aftero some unknown update the connection cannot be established anymore nbsp The issue was present on Win system but even after upgrading to Win it still doesnt work Latest system and Lenovo companion updates were installed I have also tested multiple WAN drivers current one is - Intel Centrino Advanced N I have tested live Fedora DVD and it connected to any wireless network just fine - the problem have to be somewhere in the Windows OS nbsp Troubleshooting via Windows tools didnt help at all also running system check via Lenovo Solution Center didnt return any result In Windows system setup is the adapter set to NOT safe power when on battery nbsp Any help will be much appreciated thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Here are some things to try Check for Unknown Devices in Device Manager Right click on start and select Device ManagerDouble left click on section titled "Unknown Devices" if listedReport back any Unknown Devices which are listed Turn off any firewalls you might have with your AV, or the Windows Firewall (just for testing) Right Click on Start, and select Control PanelOpen Windows Firewall control panelChoose option "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"Test your Wifi Reset Windows Network settings Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commandsType: netsh winsock reset and press EnterType: netsh int ip reset and press EnterType: ipconfig /release and press EnterType: ipconfig /renew and press EnterType: ipconfig /flushdns and press EnterReboot and test your WiFi connection Uninstall WiFi Adapter/driver and install fresh driver Connect to internet using wired Ethernet LAN Uninstall the Wireless adapter from Device ManagerRight click on start and select Device ManagerDouble Left click on Network AdaptersLocate your WiFi Adapter and select Uninstall (make sure to select the option to "Delete driver software for this device"Once complete, right click on Network Adapters from within Device Manager and select "Scan for Hardware Changes"Windows should redetect your adapter and download the correct driver. Create Diagnostic reports Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commands ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt netsh wlan show all >c:\wlan.txt Two text files (ipconfig.txt and wlan.txt) will be created on the root of your harddrive or C:\. Please locate and attach to a reply using the Choose File option. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Cant-connect-to-any-wireless-network-T410-Win-10/td-p/3300169
Relevancy 61.92%

Have a USB wireless WiFi unit. To connect to the Internet. Have to disable the Local Area Connection. When connected to the Internet. If I enable the Local Area Connection. Unable to connect to the Internet. When I disable the LAC, the Internet connection is restablished. Using a D-Link boradband VPN router.

A:Wireless Network Connection will only connect to Internet if Lcl Area Connect disable

sounds about right! Your big issue will be the VPN, as it is frequently specifically
config'd to use a specific adaptor AND to force all tcp traffic thru that connection,
even though you want to do some trivial google.com search.

Consider using a Hardware Profile to define
1) a LAN connection environment (ie no WiFi)
2) a WiFi environment (w/o a LAN)

the choice occurs at boot time and the hardware is enabled/disabled per
the profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-will-only-connect-to-internet-if-lcl-area-connect-disable.74628/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a lenovo u running windows a couple of days ago it seemed my computer was infected with something giving a series of security warnings I had not seen before not av security suite It slowed the computer down for a few minutes After closing these messages there seemed the to infection, possible connect connect does can but internet router/wireless not to now network, to be no problem but then my computer was no longer connect to the internet It connects to our router wireless network but not to the internet I tried resetting and unplugging the router and the modem but still no luck We have two other computers possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet on the same network that are connecting to both the network and the internet I tried running rkill and malwarebytes twice and no malicious items were detected I restored the computer to an possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet earlier point - days earlier On the toolbar in the bottom right of the taskbar it possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet shows a white signal bars with a quot quot inside a yellow triangle If I click on the network button it states it is quot connected quot to the network It describes the connection as quot excellent quot - bars Above the display of the available networks it states quot currently connected to Unidentified network No Internet access quot I am not computer savvy and have not run into this problem before Thanks for your time and help

A:possible infection, now can connect to router/wireless network, but does not connect to the internet

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwarePlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for trac... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396665/possible-infection-now-can-connect-to-routerwireless-network-but-does-not-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 61.49%

She keeps loosing connection then has to wait until network - connect wireless still home connect/doesn't win 7 looses it decides it can connect again She would wait about five minutes and then click on something and would gain access http www sevenforums com network-s reconnect html the symptom has been occurring for at least a month and more We are on a wireless still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network network Uverse and have not had any problems with this still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network wireless network One thing i notice is that her icon for the connect shows one less bar than mine shows I should be the same they are both HP machines and sit in the same spot when it is not connected and the icon is clicked it does not show our connect name as an option Sometimes rebooting solves the problem sometimes clicking 'connect' does It will work for a while and then she looses the connect I am not sure that her problems started when she got that quot conduit quot search malware I had only partially removed it it was still resident when another tab on her firefox was opened Yesterday i found some additional information to remove the settings from registry and thought that had cured it But apparently it did not we are now back to the disconnect problem last i tried it it wouldn't even connect on restart Right now she is saying that its been doing pretty well for about five minutes Probably wont last long I don't really know why this all started I think it went back before the 'conduit' thing got installed She usually doesn't say anything to me she sits there and waits until it will connect so i don't always know what's going on Need suggestions as to look for settings to be changed etc By the way i got her repair disks and tried a repair its windows home and it decided there was nothing to repair Please help we are tearing our hair out - J

A:still looses connect/doesn't connect - win 7 wireless home network

How far away from your computers is the router? Also; have you tried to power cycle the modem and router? If not; i would try that. Unplug both the modem and router; wait about a minute; then plug in the modem first; let that boot; then plug the router back in and let that boot. Try doing that and see if it helps the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/324656-still-looses-connect-doesnt-connect-win-7-wireless-home-network.html
Relevancy 61.06%

hello i am trying to connect to my fiances home network on my dell inspirion 8200 it connects fine at home with out having to configure anything, but at my fiances house its giving me problems the connection will pop up as soon as i click connect it tries to but then this comes up. unable to connect to selected network network may not be in range but the thing is that im right in front of the wireless router. someone please help

A:trying to connect to my home wireless network but it odesnt connect,

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-to-my-home-wireless-network-but-it-odesnt-connect.1087684/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey guys need some urgent help here I have a program on my computer called Intel R Network - Can't Router Adapter Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Wireless to connect My WiFi Technology which has something to do with my network adapter Intel R WiFi Link BGN I recently had an annoying notice popping up from this program saying The Wireless Network Adaptoor could not be found So I decided that I should find a solution on Intel s forums I came across a thread that discussed my problem and one of Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router the Intel workers mentioned that Uninstalling and Reinstalling the program would be the best solution So I followed the Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router steps and came across a huge problem Turns out that once I removed this program my computer wouldn t connect to my wireless network in my Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router house I went onto my other devices throughout the home and they all seemed to be working fine and that my router was still working fine aswell I went onto my other computer and downloaded the program onto my USB and installed it back onto my original computer There still wasn t any difference and my computer still currently can t connect to my wireless access point I ve rolled back drivers updated them and I ve refreshed wireless network adapters in my Network and Sharing Center in Control Point I m starting to run out of ideas and I really need some help My computer can still detect networks though but I ve discovered it can connect to my Mobile Phone s Access Point meaning I can connect to G through my phone I m suspecting some sort of setting has been changed to connect to my home s wireless but I can t figure out what it is I know that this isn t very detailed and I ve sort of rushed it but if you need anything else from me I d be happy to tell you If you have any possible solutions or have the same problem as I do please do share nbsp

A:Uninstalled/Reinstalled Wireless Network Adapter - Can't connect to Wireless Router

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site.

Delete all wireless profiles. Then try again to connect.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalled-reinstalled-wireless-network-adapter-cant-connect-to-wireless-router.1024642/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have an IBM T Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP with CISCO Aironet Client Utility installed to manage my wireless networks I don t understand the point of this utility as I find the Windows XP wireless connection management more reliable and straightforward but I don t know how to disable this thing I would if I could and I have tried although not that Wireless LAN CISCO PCI Auto-Connect Adapter Won't Wireless to (Aironet) Network hard Anyway I was using the CISO Aironet Client Utility or whatever it s called CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network fine then I visited a friend s house and needed to get on his network He started poking around and one day it was working and the next it was broken It kept saying CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network it couldn t find a radio signal or that it was off I came home and it wasn t working for a month or CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network so One day I messed around with it and it started working again Only problem now is whenever I shut down my laptop and re-open it it never reconnects to my wireless connection automatically I always have to do it by hand Any suggestions here How can I get it to reconnect automatically and if I can t how can I get it to use the Windows wireless features that are built in and bypass this CISCO stuff Thanks nbsp

A:CISCO PCI Wireless LAN Adapter (Aironet) Won't Auto-Connect to Wireless Network

i'll move to netwroking you should get a better response

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cisco-pci-wireless-lan-adapter-aironet-wont-auto-connect-to-wireless-network.875180/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone This past weekend I went out of town and took my Windows laptop with me -- since I returned home it has been unable to connect to my wireless network Other connect card network can't wireless to AR9285 Atheros laptop network with Windows 7 devices in my home connect to the network just fine and the problem laptop Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network has always been fine Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network until now My network card is an Atheros AR and I m attempting to connect to a Medialink router with WPA password protection and AES encryption My wireless network icon in the task bar has a yellow sign with an exclamation point in it It says quot No Internet access quot I have tried -rebooting the computer -unplugging and restarting the modem and router -going to the command prompt and renewing my IP address with the command IPCONFIG RENEW None of this works Like I said all other devices in my house connect to the wireless network with no problem It s just this one laptop Any guidance would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 laptop with Atheros AR9285 network card can't connect to wireless network

Three things to try ...

If you have McAfee please see the sticky thread at the top of this (Networking) forum.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

Revert to a System Restore Point before the weekend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-laptop-with-atheros-ar9285-network-card-cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1065995/
Relevancy 60.2%

I I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and since then I have had a problem connecting to the internet with IE8. connection to internet via the wireless router is ok as virus etc is updating, but every tim I try and open IE I get the message Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, then the option for Diagnose problems is offered, I have clicked this and still no joy. I have also reset IE.

Sparodically it will connect and this is what is confusing me

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network in Win 7

Have you tried any other browsers? SeaMonkey is a good one to try if you don't have another. You can still keep IE as default and have SeaMonkey for backup for web pages that may not display correctly in IE or when you have access problems like you are having now. Being Mozilla-based, it uses a different rendering engine. For those web sites that support pipelining, you may also find that it is considerably faster.

Check your connection settings under Internet Options. In the LAN section, try toggling the "Automatically Detect Settings" option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network-in-win-7.935568/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Have a problem there Just reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP and WAS having problems having my Linksys B wireless card but now it finally detected just reinstalled the driver Now another problem is Connect Internet Wont but Wireless to Network network?? Detected, Explorer when I double clciked INternet Exploroer webpages dont load up A box Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? pops up tp ask if I want to workoffline or Connect I click on COnnect and the box then said quot No connection to the internet is currently avaiable quot The thing is that my wireless adapter is already connected to the DSL in perfect signal connections I then went to to Network COnnections folder There are icons one says Incomming the other in the LAN or HighSpeed Internet section says Connection and Wireless Network Connection Enabled On the far left column i clicked on Create a New Connection I clicked the option Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? of quot Connect to the internet quot then quot Setup my Connection Manually quot Then quot Connect Using a broadband connection that is always on quot because I dont need a login name and password After clicking NEXT and Finished Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network?? nothing happened i clicked on IE again and same thing pops up I tried doing the nd option to let u enter the ID and password BUT disable the prompt to log in with a username and pw still dont work What gives How do i fix this problem Any help is appreciated thnx nbsp

A:Wireless Network Detected, but Internet Explorer Wont Connect to network??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-detected-but-internet-explorer-wont-connect-to-network.586274/
Relevancy 59.77%

Up until this afternoon i had been able to access my wireless network fine However I had taken my computer outside and tried to wireless to others) Solved: network(can connect Cannot connect to connect I was not able to and had xp Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others) try to quot repair quot the problem No luck I brought it back into my room but it still didn t work It will say quot acquiring network address quot on and off but never connect Everyone else in the house can connect to it fine and i can still connect to it through ethernet cable and to other wireless networks besides this one I ran a diagnostic where it said that the network keys did not match up i checked them and the diag report gave me this Can anyone help Last diagnostic run time IP Configuration Diagnostic Invalid IP address info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Reset network connection action Disabling the network adapter action Enabling the network adapter info Network adapter successfully enabled info Zero IP address detected action Manual repair Reboot modem info Zero IP address detected action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The system cannot find the file specified info Zero IP address detected info Waiting some time for the modem router to stabilize action Automated repair Renew IP address action Releasing the current IP address error Error releasing the current IP address The s... Read more

A:Solved: Cannot connect to wireless network(can connect to others)

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. If successful you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-can-connect-to-others.1032364/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I to network connect Unable network wireless to addressaddress acquiring am hoping that someone can help me We have three computers at home two which are connected to router and working fine and my laptop My laptop was connecting to my home wireless network until my daughter used it last Now it will not connect at all I used to have to follow the steps below for some reason and then it would connect fine Wireless network connections Change advanced settings Wireless Networks tab I would have to tick the checkbox USE WINDOWS TO CONFIGURE MY WIRELESS NETWORK SETTINGS Then into properties for my wireless Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress network and in association retype my password and then it would connect it seemed like to Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress much work every time but it still worked There was other networks in the list Unable to connect to wireless network acquiring network addressaddress which i deleted and wireless network connection shows that the network connection strength is excellent but it just seems to get stuck aquiring the network address I have tried repair etc Can someone please help me with this as maybe it s just something simple nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to connect to a wireless network with a laptop. It required a network key, so I went on the one laptop used regularly in the place and used to configure it and turned off the encryption. I am now posting this from the desktop which is still connected. My laptop indicates it's connected but won't receive any data. Ping shows "destination host unreachable" and 100% loss.

Relevancy 56.76%

i have a wireless network and i am using the Belkin G Plus Mimo Router along with a Wireless G usb Network Adapter, when i start my computer i get a connection at 11mbps even tho i have a capability of 54mbps. Then after 5 or 10 mins the network says limited or no connectivity so i open my wireless connection click connect. I enter my netkey and it says waiting for network. after searching for around 3 mins it stops waiting for the network and the screen says searching for wireless networks and im back where i started. i have network authentication (WPA-PSK) and the data encryption is AES.

There are 2 computers connected to the router wirelessly and 0 computers connected via ethernet cable if that helps, and they both use windows xp.

can someone please help asap! im stuck!

(ive tried re-installing it but i get the same problem)
THANKS A BUNCH IN ADVANCE Bulb1988

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a HP Pavilion dv us laptop I recently upgraded to Win Ultimate from Visata Home Premium -bit Everything worked fine until I decided that I didn't connect Wireless Can't Network to want WinAmp that I previously installed I Can't connect to Wireless Network uninstalled WinAmp However when I rebooted the latop it went into an infinte loop after startup that is it would load all the applicatons but whenever it connected to the internet it would go into an infinite loop I also uninstalled HP Quick Launch Buttons I thought the laptop was going into an infinite loop because it was looking for these programs since they may not have been properly uninstalled I went ahead an reinstalled these programs but after seconds after startup when trying to connect to the wirless network it would freeze that is only the mouse would work but everything else on the desktop was unresponsive I edited msconfig several times at one point went through each program to see which ones were responsible for the laptop freeze I found two programs the SSDP Discovery and the CNG Isolation Key that were causing the laptop to freeze up after startup I later found out that these two programs especially the CNG Isolation Key were important to connect wirelessly The virus program I have is Kaspersky and I already ran a malwarebytes scan through safe mode At this point all applications work fine except that I cannot connect to the wireless network I ran the troubleshoot for the wirless network and reinstalled the drivers but it still cannot detect any wireless networks Is there anything I can do without reinstalling Win or updating the BIOS The radio button or the wireless adapter is blue telling me that its working ok When I checked it through device manager it says that the device is working properly Can anyone help me to connect to my wireless network There is no problem with the wireless network through the wireless router since I can connect with no issues on another laptop

A:Can't connect to Wireless Network

and welcome to the Forum

I moved your thread to the Networking Forum.

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/cant-connect-to-wireless-network-594347.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i just bought a new laptop today and am trying to connect it to my wireless network.

it registers that the network is there but says "Acquiring Network Address" and i have no actual access. also under the support tab in the connection properties it says this

Address type: Invalid IP
IP Address: 0.0.0.0
Subnet Mask: 0.0.0.0
Default gateway:

this is what i get when the TCP/IP is set to get the IP/Subnet/Default gateway automatically from my router.

if i fill in the TCP/IP fields manually i get an actually connection but i have like 0 activity and still cant acess the web.

if anyone has any suggestions or solutions i would gretly appreciate them

Relevancy 56.76%

When I turn on my laptop, it fails to connect to Wireless Network.

I've had this problem for more than a year.

Usually I open Change adapter settings, disable Wireless Network Connection, and then enabled it again. It took some minutes but it worked when I did that.

However, it's not working anymore. My laptop indicates that it's connected to the wireless but it's not. Disable-->Enable does not work. So I restart or shutdown and turn the computer back on. But it usually doesn't connect to the network at a single attempt, so I have to restart/shutdown 2-3 times until my laptop is finally connected to the wireless network. It's getting pretty annoying.

Is there any way I can solve this problem?

---
1. Wireless connection issue
2. One of S. Korea providers (ISP =hanvit ginam broadcasting comm)
3. Cable
4. D-Link Router Model: DIR-628
Cable Modem: DPC3000
5. McAfee

A:Can't Connect to Wireless Network

Hi .... Have you updated your Drivers for the Chipset and Wireless Card recently ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357615-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. I'm using Windows 7, Netgear WG311v3 wireless pci card and Netgear DG834G Wireless Router. The symptoms are:If I reboot the router I can connect to network for some random time, but then connection drops: "Unidentifyed Network"
If I try to reconnect it fails
What I've tried to do:Reboot
Disable firewall
Reinstall wireless card drivers
Reset winsock catalog (through command schell)
Use static IP adress
Leave homegroup
Disable IPv6
My Macbook has no such problems so I think it's not the router issue.
Please, help me I'm trying to solve this probplem for almost 4 days...

A:Can't connect to a wireless network

Download the free version (trial) of Network Magic. Install the program and let it do its thing. It's an excellent program and quite frequently will identify the problems and correct them wherever possible. It's owned by Cisco and is very safe.
Thank you for downloading Network Magic

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125860-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. The other day, I restarted my computer and now it won't connect to any networks. It sees the connections just fine, but whenever I try to connect to mine, it says something like "Unable to connect to [WIRELESS NAME]". I'm not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

A:Wireless Won't Connect to Network?!

Additional information would be helpful.

What kind of router and have you verified that all is well with the configuration in the router's back end.

Have you run ipconfig in a command prompt and do you have an ip address and if so, what is it.

You can always reset your router to its default by holding the reset button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203290-wireless-wont-connect-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So I am having trouble connecting to my wireless network sometimes it shows up sometimes it does not but when it is there it sometimes has full bars and others has none I have tried resolving the the issues through windows and it either says windows cannot resolve your wireless connectivity issue or it says to unplug router for seconds blah blah blah sometimes it says there is an issue at the access point or wireless adapter It is really connect to network wireless my Can't getting frustrating and everything else that is wireless works in my house I have a dell studio and windows on it before it completely didn t work it had a lot of trouble connecting too i had to restart the router a lot to get it fixed but it would work after I am seriously contemplating just going Can't connect to my wireless network to get a new laptop cause this i feel like this is not going to be able to get fixed but any help would be awesome nbsp

A:Can't connect to my wireless network

Try Removing Wireless Networks and reconnecting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wireless-network.1079574/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello new here so i wasnt sure where to post this But ill get right to Network To Wireless Cannot Connect the point I have been using the internet just fine for months up until a few days ago so nothing new was bought or installed sp was installed a week or so ago Heres how we have the network setup Its WEP secured i have the correct key and have entered it right multiple times My roomate runs Cannot Connect To Wireless Network the wireless router from his computer Cannot Connect To Wireless Network and everything has been connecting fine their pc s xbox s my xbox except my PC it seems recently wont connect It sees it when i search for wireless networks and when i click connect enter the wep key it searches for a minute then stop and doesnt connect no error message or anything I am able to connect to other networks in range like the one im using now not something i want to do because its slow and not safe I have a LinksysWMP N wireless card connecting to a Linksys wireles router i forget the model but i can check later And help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

We have 3 computers connected to our wanadoo wireless router. 2 run off special wireless adapters and the newest uses its own 'RT73 USB Wireless LAN card' All the computers used to be able to connect to the wireless signal.
After Configuring the signal to use WEP encryption only the computer without the special wireless adapters can't connect. It can find the network and says 'limited or no connectivity'. I've tried clicking repair but it says it can't renew the IP address. I've tried reseting the router but it doesn't help.

A:Can't connect to wireless network

You need to configure that card to use the same WEP encryption configuration as the router.

And if your router supports it, WPA with a long, random passkey is much more secure than WEP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wireless-network.562762/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, I have an HP laptop and it was having Windows 8 installed. It was very slow therefore I installed windows 7. After the downgrade I am not able to Connect to LAn OR Wireless n/w. I think there are some drivers missing. Can anyone please suggest which drivers should I use?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Not-able-to-connect-to-LAN-and-Wireless-network/td-p/5801985
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I hope someone can help!

I have lost all wireless connections on my lap top. My computer seems not to have any wireless connections available, although the wireless system is on and I can connect to it with other devises.
This happened yesterday after I installed updates. I have also tried returning to the last restore point but that seems not to have worked.
I have tried to the HP wireless assistant and that does not help matters.
I have also tried going into the services settings and the WLAN auto config; this is where i find I get an error report Error 193:0xc1
Can anyone help with the next step please
P

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Dell D610 Laptop that I travel with. I always connect to various hotel and office wireless networks. I am in a hotel now where I can not see the network. I know it is here and my co woker is able to see it and connect to it, but it never shows up in my avaliable list. I know nothing is wrong with my laptop as I connected today at another hotel we had meetings at. What could possibly be the problem? I called Dell and they want to replace the wireless parts of the laptop. I am running XP.

Eric

A:Can't see wireless network to connect to it

Do you have the wireless turned on? Hit Fn + F2 to see if its on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-see-wireless-network-to-connect-to-it.477315/
Relevancy 56.76%

Currently running compaq presario desktop pc (xp Athlon 2600+, 1024meg ram) and a compaq note book on a ethernet and wireless home network

The desktop is connnected to the net via netcomm 1300 adsl modem router and msi rg54gs wireless router. The connection to the router for the desk top is via ethernet from the msi wireless router. The compaq notebook (running xp) is configured and working.

I have also purchased a MSI PCI wireless card (pc54g2) and installed it and drivers on an old clunker Pentium 450 running win98 SE. I am now trying to connect this pc on to my home network via a wireless connection and I have no idea where to start.

Can it be done?

Any help would be appreciated

A:Connect a Win 98 pc to wireless network

[tsg=welcome]To TSG![/tsg]
Yes, I should be able to be done with 98SE.

There should be a configuration utility for the card you installed the drivers for. First look in your start menu for the added entry, if not there...then open your control panel and then network for the card itself (properties)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-a-win-98-pc-to-wireless-network.387618/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Acer All-In-One system using Windows 7. All of the sudden I cannot connect to the internet or my wireless printer. The system sees the wireless network but cannot connect. Please help! Thanks.

Relevancy 56.76%

i hate to hone in on someone else s problem but i Cannot Network Connect To Wireless have the same one here s my info Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dom Sue gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dom Sue-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -E - - F-D -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -E - - F-D -BA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c b c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday December PM Lease Expires Saturday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - Cannot Connect To Wireless Network - - A-E - - -A - -DD- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Con troller NDIS Physical Address - -A - -DD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EF ECD-AB - BF -AB - C A DB Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AB EE- - F-B - ED AA E B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Cannot Connect To Wireless Network Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C - B - CD-B C-A B B A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Dom Sue gt nbsp

A:Cannot Connect To Wireless Network

i have moved you post to a thread of its own

Is this an intermittent problem or will the machine not connect at all to wireless

whats the make and model of the PC

can we see an xirrus screen shot

Is this the only PC with a problem - do other devices connected work OK - if so how are they connected to the router - wireless or wired

have you tried connecting to the router by cable - does it work

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/ or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network.1079909/
Relevancy 56.76%

hi,

I cannot connect to an wireless network. m y wireless adapter has disappeared from my Device manager list. I wo uld be grateful for any guidance. Thank you.

If the wireless adapter has disappeared from the Device Manager, I'd be looking at reseating it in it's socket and checking if it's disabled in the BIOS. Are you SURE is isn't appearing in Other Devices as an unknown device?
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wireless-network.928503/
Relevancy 56.76%

For some reason I now cannot connect to the wireless network in my house, everyone else can but me, however I can acess the internet by using a cable. I did a network diagnostic and it came up with a failed message by the IP address (request timed out), I also did an ipconfig and it said that the media was disconnected. Also I cannot change my home page from msn (not sure if that is related).

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A:Cannot connect to wireless network

First, some information.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router.
If wireless, encryption used, (WEP, WPA, WPA2, etc.)
Make/model of network card or wireless adapter.
Make/model of your computer (motherboard if home-built).
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.
Have you tried disabling encryption on the link to see if that's the issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network.626481/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys I cannot connect to my wireless network here at home network to wireless connect Cannot I see the network in the list of available wireless networks but when I try to connect to it the pc gets stuck at quot identifying quot and never gets on Cannot connect to wireless network Rarely this will occur on other networks as well but I almost always can connect to networks other than my home one The network works with my pc if I use a wire it but it almost never does wireless I also have three roommates all who can connect to the router wireless with no problems whatsoever I m currently running Windows on my laptop with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N AGN wireless card So far I have tried the following -disabling firewall -updating wireless drivers -turning off on the modem and router The last option turning off on the modem and router has worked but it seems to only work for a couple of hours sometimes even less after I reset the modem and router Also sometimes I get the quot Windows detected an IP address conflict quot message This is my ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Alex gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Alex-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List westell com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - D-A - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - D-A - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix westell com Description Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - D-A - - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d e f d c Pr eferred Temporary IPv Address d e d e d Pre ferred Link-local IPv Address fe f d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Tuesday January PM Default Gateway fe ff fe DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- E-AA- -FE-B -B - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -FE-B -B - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A C CA B- - CB- B - F E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap westell com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix westell com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c c f d e f f Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c f d e f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap ED - - DF-BE - CB D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CAF EF-E - D -A - D EBAA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Any help would be very appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

My Vista Ultimate desktop can see my wireless network, but for whatever reason it is unable to connect to it. I tried system restore, and disabled windows firewall all to no avail. The only change that has been made since it worked to now it's not working is that I connected it to WIn7 homegroup (but it worked fine for 2 - 3 days being connected). Why won't it connect now?

A:Can see wireless network but can't connect

has your network got a password?

try connecting with it turned off temporarily.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/122682-can-see-wireless-network-but-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My brother lives about 300 feet from my house and had a wireless network. He said I could get a wireless adaptor and be able to connect to the internet using his network. How is this done, what equipment would I need to purchase? I have an e-machines t1100 w/ windows xp, and currently have dial up.
Thank you for any help.

A:How to connect to wireless network

You need to get a directional antenna and a wireless adapter. If he's line-of-sight, you should be OK, it'll be a bit more difficult if there are obstructions in the way. He can also help the situation on his end with a directional antenna and by positioning the router/antenna in the best location for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-to-wireless-network.382915/
Relevancy 56.76%

Neither my Win7 desktop nor my Macbook (running Win7) can connect to my wireless network. They see it - 5 bars - and try to connect, then say they can't and offer to start a troubleshooter, which is then unable to find the cause of the problem.

When the Macbook is booted into Mac OS (10.6) is connects fine, as does my Mac Mini - so it must be a Win 7 configuration issue. I have had "Connectify" running on both desktop and laptop but have uninstalled it from the desktop.

Any ideas ?

A:Win 7 Won't Connect To My Wireless Network, Mac OS Does

I'm sure you've already tried this but it doesn't hurt to clarify.

1.) Ensure you have Windows set to connect to the router the way the router is expecting to be connected to. (Example: If you have a G router, make sure your wireless adapter is set that way)
2.) Ensure Windows has the correct WEP key (if you have WEP enabled on the router) and or a password to connect to your router.
3.) Ensure your router isn't set to allow specific MAC ID's access, if it is set this way, add the MAC address of each of the Windows wireless cards. (This may not be an issue as the Macbook can connect through OSX. Technically, the MAC address is set at the hardware level so it wouldn't change regardless of OS.).
4.) What kind of router is it? Should be able to research any issues regarding Windows 7 and that router.

Just a few steps to think about while you wait for other responses

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/71346-win-7-wont-connect-my-wireless-network-mac-os-does.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Guys
Just bought, off a friend, an Acer Aspire 7720G.
Before I bought it he wiped everything back to factory settings.
When I first started it it was ok, I downloaded google chrome, pokerstars and then all the microsoft updates.
Since then I have only managed to connect to the internet once. This was when I left the laptop for around 20 mins and when I went back it had connected to my home network.
We have 2 other laptops and an iphone that connects to the internet so I know the router is working.
I have disabled the wirless adapter and restarted the laptop but still get nothing.
As I type this, on another laptop!, the problem one has been on for 30 mins but still nothing.
I have spoke to my friend who I bought the laptop off and he says he had no problems whatsoever.

Help!!

Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I can't connect to the wireless network at my friend's house. Able to connect yesterday, nothing today. I can find the network no problem but it will not connect. Accepts network key but never connects. I have deleted the network and added it back -nothing. I can't try a different network because they are secure. I am able to connect wirelessly with my other laptop.

The problem machine is a dell latitude D820. I am using the DW Wlan utility. I have tried to disable this and use the windows utility but that also fails. Please help.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi

I started my PC in a new premises with a Wireless modem, I have two other PC's
connected.

When I started the PC it saw the wireless network and the option came up to connect
and there was a tick in the "Connect Automatically" box.

I selected OK but got a message "unable to connect".
I did not get the opportunity to enter the Password/Key.

Now the PC will not connect to the Network nor will and Diagnose and repair fix anything.

BTW the Ethernet adaptor has been disabled.
The laptop I am sending this from is next to the PC so the wireless signal is okay.

Any ideas on how to get the PC Connected?

Thanks

Daniel

A:Cannot connect to the wireless network

What OS did you upgrade to Windows 10 from? If it was Windows 7 then it's possible the router does not support WPA2-PSK[AES] while Windows 10, like Windows 8 and 8.1 no longer supports WPA-PSK[TKIP].

Check your router Advanced Wireless Setup page.

This info was posted here on tenforums.com recently but I can't find the post now so can't attribute this info correctly.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33221-cannot-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys I m having problems to connect wireless network Can't connecting to our wireless network I m not very good at the technical stuff so I ll try my best to provide as much info as possible on the situation so please bare with me and ask if you need anything else which I m sure you will With my old PC in the same room in the house I ve had it connected before about a year ago With my new computer though I m having issue after issue The router is a Linksys Cisco model WAG N The Wireless adapter is an ASUS USB-N n Both PCs have Windows XP SP It seems to get stuck on quot Acquiring network address quot and won t get past that Thinking it might have had something to do with the IP address I tried this with no avail http www wikihow com Change-your-IP-Address- Windows When I click quot Repair quot it doesn t go past renewing IP address I ve seen many similar situations while googling but nothing has worked for me It s probably something simple well I hope anyway Here is the IPCONFIG log Microsoft Windows XP Can't connect to wireless network Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Gamer gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings Gamer gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hpone- d fc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -A - E- A- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description ASUS n Network Adapter Physical Address -CF- -A - F- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server I ve also taken a screenshot that may be of some Can't connect to wireless network help Worth a shot This is all I can think of to share Please let Can't connect to wireless network me know if I need anything else and simple steps on doing it would be a plus since I m a newbie I could also record a small video of what s going on if needed Just ask Thanks for reading Fingers crossed Paul nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey

I have just installed Win7 on my desktop computer, but i am unable to connect to my wireless network.

what to do ?

Quote: Originally Posted by BenDoverThx

Hey

I have just installed Win7 on my desktop computer, but i am unable to connect to my wireless network.

what to do ?

BDT

Tell us about your computer. make,model,ram,wifi card, etc

whats your network setup
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29226-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Since I installed Win 7 I am unable to connect to my wireless network.

IP is Roadrunner and my wireless router is Linksys model WRT110.

When running ipconfig from prompt it states the following:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Please help.

Quote: Originally Posted by jasonfoos

Since I installed Win 7 I am unable to connect to my wireless network.

IP is Roadrunner and my wireless router is Linksys model WRT110.

When running ipconfig from prompt it states the following:

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Please help.

JF

Hi and welcome to seven forums

Probably just a driver issue. could you go into device manager (type device in search) and look at the network devices. You should have a NIC (for wired) and a wireless (wifi). Are both listed and working, or is there an unknown device with a yellow triangle?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/24425-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My laptop will not connect to my network.

Have cable internet with Linksys router

Wired computer works though

The laptop at one point said it was connected but now it is still trying to aquire address.

I have WPA encryption. I checked the passkey on the laptop and I think it got changed somehow. As it does not have near as many characters in it as my passkey. I retyped the passkey and it would revert to the one with less characters.

I was going to reset the router to default but I can not get into it using 192.168.1.1
It is like the password to it was changed.

Is there a way to unplug and make everything go to default to start over?

I am at a loss what to do and wonder if somebody hacked into my network?

any help would be appreciated.

I think I got sabatoged by somebody in CD here. Just kidding.

Relevancy 56.76%

hello,
will trying to connect to my wireless network I get a Limited or No Connectivity message, but will trying another wireless network of my neighbor the internet is fine?

I tried:
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh reset
- winsock + fix
- turn firewall off
- connect by wire (and not wireless)
- checked dhcp
- updated drivers
- checked hardware
- and lots more?

What the F* is the problem ?
my system is a laptop, lenovo, xp pro, sp3

thanx, Kupi

A:Can`t connect to my wireless network

hey,
I also tried / checked:

Connections bridged - No
Rebooted Laptop - No
Reset wireless router and modem ? No
Power cycled router and modem ? No
Disabled all firewalls - No
Connected directly to modem ? No
Connected directly to wireless router port ? No
Flushed DNS, ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew ? No
Uninstalled device driver and reinstalled ? No
Rolled back device driver - No
Uninstalled device driver from disk and reinstalled ? No
Installed card from first laptop above disabled ? No
Used WinsockxpFix ? No
TCP/IPstack repair ? No
Microsoft KB884020 patch ? No

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-t-connect-to-my-wireless-network-417884.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have connected this hoc network but it always said no internet access...Arrrhhh!!!

A:how to connect a wireless ad hoc network??

Moving to Networking Forum for better results.
Please Tell us a lot more information.
Do you have a Wireless Router, or are you tethering a smart phone? Do you have access to the wireless router? Are you using a wireless USB adapter or using the onboard Wireless card?
Run WiFi inspector to test your wireless connection and the wireless connection strength of the wireless access point.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/how-to-connect-a-wireless-ad-hoc-network-656695.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having two laptops.
Both have wifi and i want to successfully connect them to share files at a good descent speed.
Few days ago i was able to connect both laptops successfully but was not able to share file as it said, network path does not exists.
connected successfully with same settings such as
WORKGROUP NAME
VALID IP ADRESS
VALID DEFAULT GATEWAYS
but now i am not able to connect as it says "WINDOWS IS UNABLE TO CONNECT"
it shows the preferred ad hoc name and signal strength as "Excellent".
need a specific guide to connect them successfully.
also i should be able to transfer files from 1 laptop to another.
is there any alternative other than ad hoc network.
Reply needed urgently.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:Wireless Ad Hoc network does not connect

If you have a home router (Default gateway) and then connect both devices to the router you should be able to create a folder on one device and then configure sharing on it so that the other laptop can access it remotely. More information in this tutorial - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rmissions.html

Josh!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296198-wireless-ad-hoc-network-does-not-connect.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm thinking of buying a NAS and putting it up in the loft, I have a wireless router in the living room downstairs and want to connect the NAS to my wireless network. My question is, how can I connect the NAS (loft) to the wireless network (router downstairs), can I connect the NAS to a wireless access point?

Relevancy 56.76%

hi i bought a new HP laptop about a week ago with windows 7 at first it was able to connect to wireless networks no problem but now it is saying that the settings might be wrong but there not as i have checked them, its not the router as the network is working on my old laptop, my phone and my ps3 any ideas? im not much of a computer whiz so apologies

Relevancy 56.76%

Ive never had network Cannot connect wireless to this problem before and my laptop is only year old Just a few days Cannot connect to wireless network ago I switched it on tried to Cannot connect to wireless network connect to available wireless networks with good signal strength and got the message Windows cannot connect to network name After diagnosing the problem I recieved the message Windows is not set to automatically connect to network name I tried again and got another message saying Windows cannot find any wireless networks in range of this computer I tried again and again and kept getting those two messages I restarted my laptop a couple of times but still got the same messages I then tried to restore to a couple of days earlier and got another message System restore did not complete successfully Your computers system files and settings were not changed Details An unspecified error occured during system restore I tried this many times with different restore points but still got the same message Ive scanned for viruses and it appears all clean If anyone could provide me with any help I would greatly appreciate it My laptop is an LG P and im running windows vista business service pack Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Belkin Wireless G Router. One computer is wired and working fine. My other computer has Belkin Wireless G Network Card and will not connect. It states that I have a low signal. Has anyone tried the desktop antenna by Belkin? Or could it be another problem?

Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having a problem here. I'm having troubles connecting to my home wireless router after I reformatted my laptop (Acer Aspire 6935G). Before reformatting, i was still able to connect to it but now, i'm only able to locate my router, but not get access. I tried connecting to other wireless connection that I'm able to find around my residence and they will prompt me with a password to connect. That goes to show that I'm able to link other routers but only mine. Help me out here!

Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Acer Aspire v5-571 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, and I've been running into trouble connecting to my home's wireless network for the past couple days. It just says that my laptop is unable to connect. I've tried everything I can think of; I've reinstalled and updated all drivers from the Acer website, done system restores from weeks ago, installed all Windows updates, and I've even wiped my PC and reinstalled windows. Nothing has worked. I'd really appreciate some help on this ASAP.

Have you tried resetting your modem and or router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/261238-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

my desktop is running Vista Home Premium and is connected to a Linksys WRT54GS router. My other vista home premium laptop can connect to my network no problem and very quickly, as it has a built in wireless card. But my old XP SP2 desktop cannot connect to my wireless network. It gets stuck at the "Acquiring Network Address" step and won't pass it. I have a Dynex™ 802.11g Enhanced-G Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. I have disabled the windows firewall and it still won't connect. I also tried connecting to my neighbors network which is unsecured with no password (just to test if it was my adapter) and it worked flawlessly. So what is wrong with my router that won't let my XP SP2 machine connect? Thanks for any help in advance

Relevancy 56.76%

Today I turned on my laptop and it booted all the way into Windows and then for no reason completely powered off I powered it back on and it started to do a memory check After that it booted to Windows but my wireless connection is X-ed out and the time is wrong on the PC I know the Internet is working other PCs in my house are on it what I am using now Cannot network connect to wireless When I try to refresh networks it does not detect anything I reinstalled Cannot connect to wireless network the wireless driver-no luck I turned the firewall off-still no luck In my device manager the network drivers appear to be ok although there is question marks under quot Other Devices quot I checked the BIOS and wireless is enabled I also tried to do a system restore from a week ago and it was sucessful but I still have no Internet and the time is still wrong on the system clock Any ideas I have an old HP Compaq NC

A:Cannot connect to wireless network

OMG! I hit the Wireless button on the keyboard and it came on and connected. I have no idea why I didn't think of that first-oh well-live and learn!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-454718.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys I have a problem with my wireless network connection whenever I go to quot Connect to to Cannot Network any Connect Wireless a network quot and click on a wireless network nothing happens After i double click on any wireless network the quot Connect to a network quot window closes Cannot Connect to any Wireless Network I get no error message no prompts for Key nothing I tried to connect to my Home Router as well as Public Hot spots Both in Secured WEP and Unsecured mode open My Specs are as follows Operating System Vista Home Premium Service Pack System Type bit Operating system In-built Wireless Network Adapter Broadcom a b g WLAN Device ID BCM Broadcom Driver Version Laptop HP Pavillion DV I tried uninstalling the network adapter and reinstalling it driver roll back to a previous version and then updating it back to the latest version upgrading Vista from Service pack to Service pack but still the same problem Any help or suggestion is appreciated Thanks in Advance

A:Cannot Connect to any Wireless Network

Have you tried logging into your modem settings and checking things there.

You don;t mention what type of modem you have. If you have a modem/Router do you have access to internet if you connect via cable?

In control Panel/Device drivers does your wireless adaptor show with any error messages?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/235629-cannot-connect-any-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys I am currently connected to the internet through a model that is connected to a wireless router that is connected directly to my computer The internet connection on this computer is fine However when I try to go online on my other computer through a wireless connection it will not allow me to access the internet Even though wireless connect network Can't to the signal strength is excellent is a pop up comes up and says there is Can't connect to wireless network quot limited to no connectivity quot Furthermore when I look to why this computer can not connect it says quot This problem occured because the network did not assign a network address to the computer quot After reading this I attemped to quot repair quot the connection only to receive another pop up that says quot Windows could not repair the wireless connection because because it can not renew the IP address quot If anyone has any clue as to what the heck is going on your help and support would be greatly appreciated Very Confused and Frustrated Mike nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I'm trying to connect to my college's wireless network and I'm having I wireless there network Can't a to connect is know a bizarre problem If I try to connect to the network in the library my computer gives me the message quot Windows cannot find any networks quot even though Can't connect to a wireless network I know is there I know there are at least six broadcasting networks where I am the people around me are connecting to them and I've been able to connect to them in the past Here's the weird bit I know my wireless card is functioning normally because if I go anywhere else on campus I can connect fine no problem If I go into the Dell Wireless WLAN card utility and go to the site monitor tab I can see the networks I should Can't connect to a wireless network I know is there be able to connect to so obviously it is able to detect them on some level so what is with the quot Windows cannot find any networks quot ARGH This is the first time I've used this site so please forgive any posting faux pas I may have inadvertently committed

A:Can't connect to a wireless network I know is there

Hi ConfusedMuppet,

I am sure the problem is the conflict between the Dell wifi software and the Windows built-in wifi software. Try disabling the Dell wifi software and use the Windows built-in wifi software to connect wirelessly to the internet. Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-a-wireless-network-i-know-is-there-619035.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm having a problem connecting to my work network.

My office currently runs and unsecured, unencrypted wireless network (I know, I know, I'm not in charge.) I sometimes use my personal laptop (XP/sp2) but can't connect to this network. The wireless card can see the network and the signal is excellent, but when I click on 'connect' it attempts for a while, hangs, and then returns to the 'available network' list (no errors or pop-ups, it just stops looking) and shows the network as 'available' and 'unsecured.'

Two days ago I installed a new hard-drive in my boss' Dell laptop, installed XP, and as soon as it booted it found the network and connected fine (no changing of settings at all.)

So I'm confused - I have two laptops sitting 3 feet from each other, running the same OS's, and an unsecure, unencrypted network, and only one connect.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Like others who have recently posted here I am also to Can't wireless network connect new to these forums And I am not at all computer savvy so I will try to explain my problem and provide the necessary details My laptop has had recent trouble connecting to the wireless network that I Can't connect to wireless network share with my neighbor It has worked regularly until two days ago when it began stalling on the quot Acquiring Network Address quot stage endlessly until I cancel the request As a test I ve tried connecting to other unsecured sites in the area to see if it s possible to connect to these but the result is the same My roommate also shares this connection and has had no trouble Thus I figure it s something with my computer Here are my details Model Dell Inspiron B Operating System Windows XP Network Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG To answer a few questions ahead of time I can not plug my laptop into a modem because the modem is inaccessible Also I have already attempted to disable the router several times What can I do from this point Thank you Kirstin nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Help. I can't see my wireless network connection. I can see neighbours networks. Any help on this? Thanks.

A:Can't see/connect to my wireless network

Maybe the "wireless radio" option on your wired/wireless router is OFF for some reason. What is the brand/model of your router?

You should have instructions that came with the device. Check them, for the address of the router and userid/password, and other basic setup steps.

You can connect to your router using Firefox or IE, by entering its address (say, 192.168.1.1 for Netgear routers) and then entering the userid/password as the instructions tell you.

The basic wireless settings are in something like Setup -> wireless settings, and control security. This provides (a) wireless network ID name as it appears in the wireless scan for a network shown on laptops, i.e. SSID, (b) password to be entered by wireless laptops in order to log in to the router's wireless network, i.e. PASSPHRASE, and (c) security level option, and you should generally pick the highest, e.g. WPA2-PSK [AES].

The ON/OFF state of the whole wireless capability of your router is controlled in a second place, something like Advanced -> Wireless settings, in an item named "enable wireless router radio" or something like that. If unchecked, this will disable wireless functionality and limit the router to wired-only. This is good if you don't need wireless in your house and don't want your neighbors stealing access (assuming they could crack your userid/password and encryption). If checked, wireless functionality is enabled.

Note that even if wireless router radio IS checked, you can still suppress the broadcast of the SSID if you want to make your router's network "invisible" in your neighborhood. This is kind of a "stealth" setting, which facilitates wireless connections from YOUR laptop even though the SSID network name does NOT appear in the scan for wireless networks presented on a laptop. You can still stlil log in to the wireless network because you know both the SSID and userid/password for the network, even if the SSID does not show up on the list of wire less networks discovered by the laptop's scan. The router is facilitating this wireless connection, but "stealth".

You facilitate this "stealth wireless" mode by un-checking the "enable SSID broadcast" option, while still checking the "enable wireless router radio" option. But remember, your SSID wireless network name will NOT appear in the list of available wireless networks on the laptop (or any of your neighbor's laptops). So you'll have to manually enter that SSID information in the login dialog, manually.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/138064-cant-see-connect-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok so wegot sky broadband a couple of weeks ago everything Cannot to wireless any network more connect working fine I use a laptop with a usb wireless adapter mbps and that was working fine but i thought that getting a pcmia card would be better as it d be less likely to break Cannot connect to wireless network any more got that through monday installed it yesterday and it briefly worked as i connected through the windows wireless program After that couldnt connect at all Reinstalled the usb one andagain that worked briefly but now neither work Reinstalled eachone countless times but nothing The network connection symbol always has a red X on it it doesnt even change toshow that its trying to connect when i do try to get on The PW is definitely correct but whatever program i use to try to get on the network nothing happens Ridiculous how the usb used to work and now neither of the adapters work The network is fine for everyone else in the house makes no sense Use XP if it helps nbsp

A:Cannot connect to wireless network any more

Interesting , but solveable.

Some PCMI cards are often not compatible with some security method's.

Windows Xp will run the adapter switch as an equation.
i will explain myself ...
If you had an Usb adapter running on WEP securities.
and suddenly you switch it with a PCMCI card , windows Xp Will automatically select the best configuration settings available in order to make the card work.
Wile the settings for your USB stick will be lost.

Most of the new PCMCI card that are being release proving to be dificult to connect them under a wep based security setting , wile they are most effective under WPA.

If you wish to restore your Settings for th USB stick....

you should go into your wireless connection properties and select view wireless networks , the go to change advanced settings and select the wireless networks tab that is located at the top of the window , Remove the saved configuration settings
the PCMCI card , then o ahead and plug you USB and set the password for your security method then connect to your network.

As for your PCMCI card...

Check your manual or your manufacturer's web site and verify if the card is compatible with WEP security , also check if there are any forums were you can check customer testimonies about the product as well...
(sometimes manufacturers like to brag by saying .. she can do this , wen she actually cant do ''squat'').

Now to make it work.. it is advise able to consider changing your security method to WPA , if the case is that you in fact have WEP only enabled ,
Just Remember to Remove all of your previews connection from your
Wireless Zero configuration before you begun the installation process of your PCMCI card.

Now if the same thing happens again then it may be a MAC address issue ,
Sometimes the routers MAC address wont accept the new hardwares MAC
adress , so what you do is ... you go to your windows XP run command and
type CMD , you will see a black window , then type the following command
''ipconfig /all'' and copy your new network adapters MAC adress , after
this , go into router web user interface (WUI) and check under your internet secction to see if your router support the Clone Mac address feature.

For more information about Security Method compatibility and MAC filtering compatibylities log on to www.USR.com.

Regards....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-any-more.90741/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Asus S F laptop with an but to connect another not Can one network wireless Intel ABG wireless adapter I ve been using it without problems for the last few months connecting to any of the three wireless connections in my house - Sky broadband router NetgearDG GT - BT Broadband home hub - Buffalo Airstation High Power wireless router I now find that I usually can t connect to the Buffalo or Sky routers When I try to connect it gets stuck at quot acquiring network address quot Very occasionally I am able to connect to the Sky and Buffalo routers but only after I have first connected to the BT router My wife s laptop has no such problems - connecting to all routers without problems Her Windows network settings are identical to those on my laptop - acquiring an Can connect to one wireless network but not another IP address automatically I use either WEP or WPA encryption on all routers and the keys have not changed since I was successfully using the routers I get the above problems using both the Windows wireless connection manager as well as Intel ProSet Wireless I ve also tried stopping starting the Wireless Zero Configuration service to no effect The strangest thing is that I can OCCASIONALLY connect to the other two routers Can anyone suggest how best to further diagnose this problem nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have a signal. I removed the network key, so there is no password. I send packets but do not receive them. When I try to connect I get something like "cannot aquire a network address"

help would be great

A:Cannot Connect to Wireless Network

"help would be great". Well, information from you would be pretty good too!

I assume the signal is from your router; does it assign IP addresses (DHCP server enabled)? Are you using MAC address filtering? Do you have another PC that is getting an IP from the router?

Do you detect other signals, and are you SURE that you are connecting to yours rather than somebody else's?

Your OS? Your wireless adaptor? Are you using the adaptor's utility or WZC to manage it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network.373187/
Relevancy 56.76%

i am using an HP laptop OS Vista,,, and i dont have internet connection,,,when i sit in balcony and click the option connect tHrough a wireless network and search it shows 5 or 7 users a time but when i try to connect no one is getting connected,,,,,, my friend said that he use to get internet through the wireless network from some unknown users,,,,so how can i get???should i need to configure something or change anything in my setting????? please help

A:How to connect wireless network

Buy your own access, we don't help people steal other folks access here. Maybe a reading of the TSG Rules you seem to have missed on your way in would help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-wireless-network.837397/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is a random issue, sometimes I can connect just fine, and usually a restart of my laptop lets me connect.

However sometimes when I try to enter the password it does not work. I get the error message 'the network security key is not correct. Please try again.'

I know for a fact that my password is correct, and sometimes it works, allowing me to choose whether I want to 'find PC's, devices and content on this network' etc.

Regardless of whether I click yes or no at this point I don't connect. And instead I am getting to this screen below. I have no idea what to enter as my username and password. As nothing to do with my wireless network has this requirement.

I have a similar problem with the new Dell Venue Pro. It is the only PC on my home network that doesn't connect to the home wifi but does connect to every other network.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/38493-cannot-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer was working and all of a sudden I can no longer connect to other unsecured network available around..but i can connect to my wireless network...so on all available networks except mine says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" How can I change the settings on the computer so that they match the requirements of the network? and has X SIGN...I can access mine network when i am at home and get online like that, but other networks are busted. Please help!​

all of a sudden I can no longer connect to other unsecured network available aroundClick to expand...

whose networks are these?

so on all available networks except mine says "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network"Click to expand...

maybe they found out and encryted them?

I can access mine network when i am at home and get online like that,Click to expand...

you should be able to access your OWN network

How can I change the settings on the computer so that they match the requirements of the network?Click to expand...

on this forum,
it is NOT permissable for a member to help with requests, such as your request would fall under as you're asking it,
hacks - cracks - passwords
try HERE:
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
[just my opinion, a moderator may see it differently],

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network.819969/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Compaq Presario V2000 laptop that won't connect wirelessly. When I start my unit, the wireless connection icon states I am connected to the network, but receives not packets. When I try to connect wirelessly, I get nothing. HELP!

Relevancy 56.76%

We have a router and wireless network at my house, but i am the only one in the house who cannot connect to the wifi with my laptop. Well, i can connect to the network, but my computer won't connect to the internet. I've tried power cycling the router/modem several different times, to no avail. In the Network and Sharing center, it says the access is Local Only.

specs:

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3006 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 178746 MB, Free - 103488 MB; D: Total - 12033 MB, Free - 2033 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CF, 85.26, None1
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

can we see an ipconfig /all from a working and none working PC
how many devices will not work

can we also see an xirrus
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-wireless-network.1023026/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my wireless network connections. Everything were working fine until this morning when I found out that my internet connections were suddenly disconnected. I tried everything, even to recover the system but still no luck. My wireless adapter (Intel Wifi Link 5300 AGN) can detect the wireless connections but can't connect. When I check the status of the hardware it was working properly.
My system is Alienware M15x with Win 7 Home Premiumx64m

A:Can't connect to the wireless network

hi and welcome to the forums
this is a problem that you will see on the threads quite frequently these are some the steps i take to resolve it
run windows troubleshooter
Reset to Default
Resetting your router or adapter back to factory default will erase any setting changes you have made. This is done because in theory this was the setting the router or adapter used when it was in working order. Reset to default if your wireless router or adapter is not transmitting a signal. This functions like the computer restore command for a computer.
In addition if your system runs Bonjour, or any other 3rd Network manager, remove them or disable them in local services

also try this
Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run a Command Prompt as an Administrator. Allow elevation.
Type route delete 0.0.0.0 press enter.
Type ipconfig /flushdns press Enter
Restart your Computer.

netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt (run Command Prompt as Administrator)

1. Click on Start button.
2. Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.
3. Right click cmd in search results and click run as Administrator
4. Type netsh winsock reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.
5. Restart the computer.

go to brinks tutorial here this will help reset settings
Wireless Network - Remove
Perform a SFC Scan

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow

2. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

3. If any files require a replace SFC will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Windows 7 DVD for this process to continue

4. If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

5. After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

more information here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127335-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm getting an error that says that my wireless network is hidden, but I checked my router set up and SSID broadcasting is enabled. I tried resetting the router, but that didn't work. Any ides?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/128284-cant-connect-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 56.76%

Setup connection last week it worked, turned off PC for the weekend. Now its unable to connect! "Wireless connected isn't down"
IPconfig /all no ip address
DHCP wireless network, proxy ,domain

I should automatically connect
"wireless card says its unplugged"
Anybody have a suggestions? Please

A:Help can't connect to my wireless network

Do you have a wireless on/off switch on the computer/laptop? Make sure it is in the on position.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-connect-to-my-wireless-network.502306/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently inherited a pc from my mother in Arizona, she used AOL with a linksy wireless router and it has an xp os. Problem is I can't seem to get it connected to my wireless home network to work on my new pc (with os win 7 home premium), hp all in one printer or netgear WGR614v9 wireless router.
Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks Tina

A:Can not connect to wireless network

If the XP computer has a non-Netgear wireless network card, then this procedure may help:
Configuring your wireless connection using Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration utility

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/167451-can-not-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I know you guys are probably sick of hearing about this stuff. Sorry

I'm using an Eeepc 900hd, just loaded windows 7 ultimate on it. My wireless driver is up to date (so it says, although I've tried to install a new driver, but it "doesn't work on this operation syste,").
I turned off my firewall, followed most of nosferatu's directions in another thread, and I can't seem to figure it out. Everything else can connect to my wireless network (ipod touch, windows xp) but this one can see my network, but when I try to connect, it fails everytime.

I tried disabling the WPA password and it didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

A:Can see but can't connect to wireless network

There were some problems reported with your bios not having wifi enabled by default.
If you have the tray utility insalled just enable WiFi "WLAN" from there. If not then press F2 on startup befor the OS loads to enter the bios. It is under intergrated periferals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/44628-can-see-but-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everybody I d like to know if anybody has had a similar problem or knows of a solution to something that s been driving me nuts for a few days I have a netbook connect Can't network to wireless running XP that s been working fine up until days ago I ve been able to connect to my home router automatically since I bought the netbook days ago I went into town and connected to the towns free wifi network while having lunch The network was VERY slow so I only Can't connect to wireless network used it for a few minutes then turned if off Got home that evening and found I couldn t connect to the net Looked into things and it seems I can see the network - with a strong signal but when I try to connect the message of doom appears - impossible to connect to your favourite network etc I ve tried deleting and adding the network checking the key - WPA restarting the system restarting the router disabling and enabling the card checking the firewalls and making sure all relevant boxes are ticked or not ticked Even did a complete system scan with Norton to make sure nothing dodgy is going on Even tried to restore the system but obviously each time I roll back anither message of doom - a problem occured I ve also got a Vista laptop next to the netbook that works fine and hasn t been affected The funniest thing is that this afternoon the network connected for a few minutes then disconnected at will I can always see my home network but just can t connect I think something malicious happened while I connected to the public network PLEASE HELP System details XP SP Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adaptor ISP Orange France - via Livebox don t think its the problem Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,

I have an HP Pavilion zx5369cl laptop with Windows XP home. I would like to be able to access the internet wirelessly.

When I go to network connections, choose properties on the wireless connection, & then select Wireless networks tab, there is one wireless network listed (named korea) and it is supposed to connect automatically when available. When I click on View Wireless Networks, it says none were found in range. However, korea network is also on my desk top & it says the signal is strong & I am able to connect on my desk top.
On my laptop it says to check if the wireless network switch is on or off. Where do I find that switch?

In related issue, if I change locations with my laptop, might I have to use a network other than korea? If so, how do I install another wireless network?

Thanks.

A:How To Connect To Wireless Network?

I think that older HP Pavilions had the wireless switch above the left side of the keyboard. Also, there may be a WLAN Assistant that over-rides the physical switch. I have a Pavilion from 2007 that has a slide switch on the front of the laptop and one from 2010 that has a pressure switch above the right side of the keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-to-wireless-network.1114130/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a new laptop from my school district. When at school, I am connected to our network through a docking station. When I brought it home and tried to connect to my wireless network, it doesn't give me the option to put in my network key. It shows my wireless network but when i click connect it gives me the message "Windows was unable to connect to this network"... Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

A:Can't Connect to Wireless Network

First you should make sure that your router is using WPA2-AES for encryption. Most Win 7 drivers prefer this method of connection.

The links below might also help you to diagnose the problem.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...t-to-a-network

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...reless-network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/101773-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

We have a small office network wired desktops and wireless laptops My laptop was working fine I took it home over the weekend and it connected to home network just fine then connect can Can't to others network, Wireless brought it in and it will not connect All the other computers are Can't connect to Wireless network, others can working fine on the network I ve tried all I know to do as limited as that is - I have made sure the key is correct and all the settings are correct Can't connect to Wireless network, others can - I have tried quot repairing quot the wireless network in the quot Network Connections quot window this will make the Internet Gateway appear for Can't connect to Wireless network, others can about a minute and I can get on the internet but then it goes away and says quot not able to connect to any of your preferred networks quot - tried to quot ping quot ip address and it says quot destination host unavailable quot - reset TCP IP settings using quot netsh winsock reset quot and this worked for about minutes then I was off the network and back to square - While I was connected I was able to successfully ping which I believe is the correct ip address was also able to successfully ping which I believe is the DNS server keep in mind I really don t know what that tells me but it must be better than quot destination host unavailable quot We have a DSL connection with Linksys BEFW S router My laptop has an IPN wireless LAN card Can anyone help I have been looking through other similar posts and tried some of the advice but I am stuck and annoyed nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Just bought a new Acer Aspire Laptop today with Windows 7 Home. Out of the box and ready to go. I can see my wireless network in my network connections. I have tried to connect to it but it says its unable to connect. All my other computers in the house are able to connect wirlessly right now. I have reset the router but no help. I think I am missing soemthing fairly simple here whereas I can see my wireless networks and everyone elses in the neighborhood near me (all encrypted so I can't try thiers).

What am I missing?

A:See Wireless Network But Can't Connect to It

Quote: Originally Posted by Katahdin

Just bought a new Acer Aspire Laptop today with Windows 7 Home. Out of the box and ready to go. I can see my wireless network in my network connections. I have tried to connect to it but it says its unable to connect. All my other computers in the house are able to connect wirlessly right now. I have reset the router but no help. I think I am missing soemthing fairly simple here whereas I can see my wireless networks and everyone elses in the neighborhood near me (all encrypted so I can't try thiers).

What am I missing?

Are you using homegroup for networking? are there any non win 7 computers on the network?

can you type cmd in search>ipconfig /all. take a screen shot and upload it to us

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/67181-see-wireless-network-but-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 56.76%

The wireless cannot connect to another network and this sentence appears ( networkUX.ViewModel.SettingEntery) and also the setting of the computer cannot be opened. please i need help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/the-wireless-cannot-connect-to-another-network/td-p/5613384
Relevancy 56.76%

I'm currently having issues connecting to my home's wireless network. All devices besides my laptop are connecting to it just fine though. The problem only started this morning, and I've already reset my wireless adapter, computer, and router a couple times. This has happened once before, and I just wiped my PC because I couldn't find a solution. I'd prefer to not do that again.

It's an Acer Aspire v5-571. Thanks in advance

EDIT: I just did a system restore and everything works fine now. This can be closed

Look through any recent windows updates to see if around the same time an update was installed, this problem occurred: Windows Update - View Update History Details

Did anything get installed or an application update recently? Don't forget to check your antivirus for recent updates. Some 3rd party antivirus softwares can at times conflict with windows due to a faulty update, etc. Please let me know which AV you are using.

Follow this tutorial to see if it helps you in any way: Internet Troubleshooting Guide

DO make sure every driver is updated (using another computer and a USB drive, for example). If every driver is updated and you still experience problems, try installing a previous version of the wireless LAN driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/258613-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Yesterday i was forced to clean reinstall the win7 32-bit RC as it died on me and i couldnt repair it, and now im having major problems connecting to my wireless network. I got my wireless card drivers installed all ok and when i go to connect to my network it connects saying it has limited connectivity and that the network is unidentified. I've tryed everything, assigning a static ip, changing the channel on my router, different wireless card drivers and various other things on these forums and nothing works.

btw it was working fine if slightly dodgy before i had to reinstall win7 last night. My wireless card is a NETGEAR wg311v2 (i have a newer card but it wont work on windows 7...but my older card does..go figure) and my router is a NETGEAR DG834PN

A:Cant connect to wireless network

From command prompt, type:

ipconfig /all

and see if your adapter has a valid physical address (mac) instead of all 0s or something. Recheck settings here as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/13726-cant-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am having problems with the wireless adapter provided with my PC It can see my wireless router a Netgear DG M and the signal strength is excellent but it is unable to connect I either get Limited connection or no connection at all It shows quot Identifying quot in the Network map From the manual the wireless adapter is a Asus WL- GE or WL- G V Windows recognised it as a Broadcom adapter so I downloaded a Vista bit driver from Asus and installed that The adapter is now recognised as a Asus adapter but this has not made any difference to being able to connect The driver provided by Asus does seem to be quite old I think and still references Broadcom There is an Asus utility CD provided by the PC but this doesn't seem to run on Vista I have wireless network Cannot to connect had the connection work pefectly times but then the next time I reboot without changing anything it stops working For example yesterday I turned off Windows Firewall rebooted and it worked The next I booted still with the firewall disabled it didn't work It seems that the wireless card is unable to get an IP address from the router as its address is often rubbish instead of something in the range that I am expecting I have a laptop running the equivalent bit version of Vista and this has no Cannot connect to wireless network problems connecting As far as I can tell I'm not a networking expert there are no differences between the network set up on the computers What I'm trying to achieve is to have them both talking the router and each other so I can share folders and printer and synchronise the two Cannot connect to wireless network using Microsoft's SyncToy As the PC is new I've also sent this to the supplier's technical support and I will problaby post on the Asus forums as well I had a quick look there but haven't found a solution Thanks Oliver

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/150625-cannot-connect-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

...despite everything being set up properly. Allow me to elaborate.

The network itself is fine, as both my desktop computer and the laptop can access it. We have, however, another laptop that is having trouble connecting to the network.

The network key has already been entered into the "properties" tab, and the proper security type has also been selected (WPA with AES) so in short, the two computers have no issue whatsoever when connecting to it, but when I attempt to do it on the other laptop, it always comes up saying "Windows cannot connect to the network"

I tried the troubleshooting feature but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Relevancy 56.76%

Right this is driving me absolutely insane and I can't find any kind of solution so i'll be thorough I have a Dell dimension running XP I haven't used it in a while because it wouldn't connect to the internet so I left it alone I believed this was because I uninstalled the card by accident Anyway last week I decided I'd format it's hard drive and re-install network connect to Won't wireless a XP and then all the drivers and get it working again All went well but even with the fully installed card it still wont connect all I get in the network connections window is it goes 'Automatic acquiring network address Automatic' over and over again My ISP is Sky and the router is that little black one it's either Netgear DG G or Sagem F st they both look the same and it works fine connecting perfectly to vista laptops a mac a PSP and an xbox with no hiccups Anyway so I figured that maybe the network card is broken it's a netgear mps -bit PCI card WG v Won't connect to a wireless network and bought today a peak II II Won't connect to a wireless network b g mps card and installed etc No problems with the install it picks up the Won't connect to a wireless network network etc but gives me the exact same not connecting problem with both the windows network connections and it's own wireless utility the other card was the same Please help me if you can get this working i'll be forever in your debt

A:Won't connect to a wireless network

If the wireless can see the network , then you have to turn the key (so to speak) . Check your logon and wep/wap. Right click on the network icon in the taskbar.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-connect-to-a-wireless-network-306121.html
Relevancy 56.76%

hello
I cant manualy connect to wifi  so i want connect to wifi with cmd but wifi is not save and is not profile.....
if some one know help me
thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9900a776-026a-40df-b263-30ef5b28cc02/connect-to-wireless-network-with-cmd?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

There is an internal wireless network that uses WPA2-Enterprise with PEAP. I am unable to connect to the wireless network, unless I manually add the network and tell it not to validate the server certificate.

No other computers experience this. I believe that the certificate was changed recently and I didn't have problems before that, so I would think that my computer is still using that old certificate and is why it isn't working.

I tried finding the certificate and removing it, but I don't think I really know how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 56.76%

I got a brand new HP with Windows 7 and it will not connect to my network. It sees it and I have another laptop connected to it as well as a desktop hardwired to it. Like I said, this thing is brand new. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I'm running Vista on a Toshiba Satellite everything was working superbly until a few months ago when all of a sudden my laptop stopped playing nice when it came to connecting to available wireless networks including my home network Aaarrgggghhhh So the network I want to connect to is in the list and when I click on it and click connect wireless cannot to network connect it is unable to connect and when I click on quot Diagnose quot it simply says that quot Windows is not set to automatically connect to lt network name gt quot and then goes on to say that I need to select a wireless network and connect to it It doesn't matter which available wireless network I select I continuously have the same result Now I know the network at home works fine as my husband has connected with cannot connect to wireless network his computer s no problem an old Toshiba running XP and a brand new MacBook Any suggestions for fixing this issue will be warmly received I'm a little technically challenged so please feel free to ask questions if you need further information in order to help Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206837-cannot-connect-wireless-network.html