Windows Support Forum

Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

Q: Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

Hi all I need some Bluetooth work Helix doesn't help with my new Helix - CG nbsp I've been using this machine Helix Bluetooth doesn't work for almost a month and bluetooth never even showed up in Windows With all the drivers installed BIOS updated to latest version Bluetooth is not working neither showed up ever in Device Manager nbsp Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS and the Bluetooth service also in Windows Services but no change Disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS with several restarts was also no success nbsp nbsp I tried Broadcom's official driver too but the driver couldn't even detect my bluetooth device nbsp Recently I upgraded to Windows to see if it solves the problem but still no change I installed the official Lenovo Bluetooth driver The installation was quick and succesful but still no bluetooth after all nbsp I think I tried every possible solution but there is still no Bluetooth in Windows Device Manager What could I possibly do now nbsp Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I've had the exact same problem with my 3701-33M. Sent in to Lenovo and it turns out the bluetooth device was missing. Pulled out another brand new one I had on hand, same thing, sent in, no bluetooth card physically installed. The build sheets for these device serial numbers show an asterisk next to the bluetooth device saying "or equivalent". Received my replacement unit under warranty and guess what? Also has no bluetooth. Seems like a full manufacturing batch went out without the cards even being installed. Pretty dodgy QC on these Helixes unfortunately.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-Bluetooth-doesn-t-work/td-p/2193130
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all!

I have bought a HP 6730b notebook (type: HP KU216ET), it has got built-in Bluetooth. I have installed 32bit Windows 7, but the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find any driver to make that working good..

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center - here is a driver for XP, but when I install, it said that I have to turn on Bluetooth... I don't know what to do...

I don't know what's the type of the built-in Bluetooth, maybe broadcom, I tried this driver: Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

but there's the same message while install: Turn on Bluetooth...

What can I do? I have a bluetooth mouse, so I need to make bluetooth working good...

Thx a lot!

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Look in "Services" and see if it's enabled.
Type services.msc in the start search box, then click on the gear icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15617-bluetooth-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this exact issue:

A Bluetooth device stops working, and you receive error code 43 together with event 17 after you resume a computer that is running Windows 7 from sleep

It used to happen sometimes on Win 7 32 bit, I've now changed to Win 7 64 bit and I can replicate it everytime I put the machine in and out of sleep.

The only way to fix is to use a different USB mouse to go into Device Manager and disable/re-enable the bluetooth device.

The reason for my post is that I requested the hotfix, yet upon trying to install it, I get a message telling me that it's not applicable for my PC?

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium, SP1, with all available Windows updates installed.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after resuming from S3

Usually power state errors like this can be resolved through driver updates too.
Have you pursued seeking driver updates via the company that provided the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187340-bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-resuming-s3.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi
I recently bought a new laptop (ASUS K70IC) that has no Bluetooth (BT). I also bought a Bluetooth mouse with it, Genius 905BT and an USB Bluetooth dongle, I thought that would work. But it doesn't. Other Bluetooth devices show up when I search for them, but the mouse doesn't. I tried that in XP SP3 too (desktop PC) but it doesnt show up there either.
So my questions are:
1. Does anyone have a configuration of a BT USB dongle + BT mouse?
2. Do you think it should work? (BT dongle + BT mouse)

A:Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Have you put your mouse into the "Discovery Mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51551-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just instal my laptop with windows 8.1, but the bluetooth devices can not connect with others devices such as smartphone, tabs, etc. whereas in the device manager there are two devices for bluetooh. please help! Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-bluetooth-device-doesn-t-work/td-p/5782028
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a USB Bluetooth Dongle I use this with XP sp that I keep fully updated I did an update today and following this my bluetooth dongle does not work I have used the windows update site to look at my update history and it tells me that one of my udates was this iAnywhere - Other hardware - ISSC EDR Bluetooth after doesn't Bluetooth update work windows USB Adapter I think that if i remove this and try again my bluetooth dongle should work edit I should add that I am unable to find this program to remove it - which is why I am posting I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn t seem to do any good Does anyone have any ideas please Will I Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update have a ghost image that I took today just before doing the windows update I could just restore Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update the image but am a little nervous because I have never done it before nbsp

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi,

You'll be glad to know I stopped being a WUSS, and restored the Ghost image I made this morning. It was nerve wracking but went well. I'm posting here after all.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-windows-update.111783/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW doesn't Windows Bluetooth My Professional on work 7 x64 J laptop with built in bluetooth Broadcom Widcomm Alps My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional something like that some drivers had the former name others the last one I use Windows x Professional and it seems that the bluetooth doesn't My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional work After the fresh install few months ago it worked Meanwhile I didn't use it because I didn't need it But today I tried to use it but it can't find my device mobile phone I tried with many device but it seems that the bluetooth doesn't scan for devices I can't also see it from other device my phone doesn't see it I tried three driver versions but none of them does anything more than what I have described above The install does all good but after that nothing work I see the BT icon in tray near the volume icon but if I click on it it appears an empty page scanning for new device forever Neither adding a device nor opening the settings worked The quot Allow new device to connect quot is blurred gray so I can't click it If I uninstall the driver Windows uses its own driver but this does also not work I think it's not a driver problem but a Windows one since it worked some time ago I don't know what to do Can anyone help me Thanks in advance

A:My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

Hi,
After the fresh install (few months ago) it worked.

So we know that it does actually work with Windows 7, but you just cant get it to now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

The "Allow new device to connect" is blurred gray, so I can't click it.

What about "Add a Device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58744-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-windows-7-x64-professional.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi!I tried to reinstall the drivers for wireless, but it seems that the device manager recognizes that the notebook has bluetooth (Ralink_RT3290), however, it does not function. Can you please help?Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-2303-sh-bluetooth-detected-but-doesn-t-work-on/td-p/5833858
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

A:Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by nyler

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Hi nyler,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let me know which wireless/bluetooth network card you have on the system. You need to update the application and driver for the system.

Let us know the model so we can provide you the exact link to get it updated. Check this video which would be helpful in updating all the drivers:

Updating Dell Drivers

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308665-bluetooth-adapter-issue-exists-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.65%

The problem appeared in two different laptops (Lenovo and Fujitsu). The bluetooth hardware is not visible in device manager anymore, but unrecognized device appeared. Driver reinstall doesn't help. Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware.
PC Suite is installed , worked fine before.

How to restore bluetooth?

A:After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Eventually Fujitsu went to service as it stopped booting even from CD and USB. Had MOBO replaced. Came back yesterday had win 7 installed. Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth. Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all. I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware (2 mobos?) but I can't access the machine at all. If this was software it should boot from Win 7 DVD - but it hangs displaying 'starting windows'. I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc, but I can't reinstall OS. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-7-update-bluetooth-doesnt-work-anymore.985379/
Relevancy 66.65%

After tha last automatic update of Microsoft Windows 10 the bluetooth doesn't work. I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't recognize other devices and is not detected its presence from other devices, such as smartphones, so it is impossible to put them in communication and exchange files. Please, may anyone help me? Thank you, very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-doesn-t-work-after-last-windows-10-updates-on/td-p/5795594
Relevancy 66.65%

My original problem was that no bluetooth is listed when I clicked on networks.  I thought maybe installing latest drive would help, but apparently not.  

A:Helix model 3697CTO says "no bluetooth device inst...

Hi Fichman, Did you get it managed to resolved? I saw some of the Helix didnt have Bluetooth hardware installed by Lenovo, seems to be a mistake. Which i also start to suspect that i am having https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-Bluetooth-doesn-t-work/m-p/2198127#M... Cheers,Nelson

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-model-3697CTO-says-quot-no-bluetooth-device-installed-quot/td-p/1805290
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I have a windows 7. I have found the bluetooth in my computer, it says "fsquirt" aswell. When I open the file, it says send files or recieve files. So if i click on Send Files, it says " select where to send your files" with a large box under it which i cannot type in. If i press recieve files, it says " windows was unable to transfer some files, an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

So i dont know how to fix this!?! Help please? I'm trying to send videos from my phone to my computer via bluetooth!
Thanks!

A:(Bluetooth on computer) I've got bluetooth but it wont work! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-on-computer-ive-got-bluetooth-but-it-wont-work-help.944053/
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright guys, I have just refreshed my pc because I was having numerous problems with it and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. However, now I am having software issues. Whenever I try to make a call on the desktop version of skype, the program crashes. Whenever I try to open HP support assistant, the program crashes. When i am using the metro app version of skype I get a weird artifacting type problem on any of the buttons. I have this same problem in internet explorer and on Netflix. Netflix will not play on Chrome. It will play on IE, but with the button artifacting problems. My computer will not pair via bluetooth with my phone. What would be your recommended course of action? I don't know where to begin. I have tried updating drivers and the like but it has not helped.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth won't work, skype won't work, ntflix won;t work

Microsoft zune won't work either. It crashes when trying to set up.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/40103-bluetooth-wont-work-skype-wont-work-ntflix-won-t-work.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have no idea what my sister and her friends were doing on the comp for a couple recov not work computer shut down loading right, sys right, doesn't programs doesn't of days that i decided not to use it but now - a few programs take forever to load or don't load at all but they do show up under the processes tab in the task manager - after pressing Ctrl Alt Del the task manager icon appears in the system tray but the thing only shows up a minute later - my system recovery is quot not able to protect my computer quot and restarting does nothing - actually when restarting or shutting down Windows it stops at where it only shows my desktop background and cursor which is still able to move and nothing else after that so i have programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work to hold the power button and force it to shut off - when I right click the desktop and click on quot Properties quot or something similar to programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work this action it doesn't show up at all and whenever I try to open any application after that they don't even load at all either - and probably other stuff that I haven't took note of yet Things i've tried to get rid of these problems - Virus scan with programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work avast a couple viruses found and fixed but nothing changed - disk clean up nothing changed - registry clean nothing changed - CURRENTLY defragging my C drive hope something changes Anyone know what the heck's going on Anyone got any suggestions on what to do next Anything helps and would be greatly appreciated

A:programs not loading right, computer doesn't shut down right, sys recov doesn't work

no replies yet? :(

anyway, just stopped by to say that when shutting down, it takes forever to get to the "Saving your settings..." screen, and that's where I decided that it stops and nothing else after that.
Defragged my C drive, still no results besides the computer feeling a bit smoother-running o_o

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-not-loading-right-computer-doesnt-shut-down-right-sys-recov-doesnt-work-316544.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the background... I have turned off my usb wireless mouse, and nothing....

Any ideas?

THanks.

A:HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!

This is another case of factory bloatware interfering - in this case a useless factory utility overriding Win7's superior built-in version.

Googling the Quiet Office feature of Asus there are multiple reported problems. Best to default to the Win7 built-in Power Options in Control Panel. Set up a Balanced Plan unless you're a gamer then use High Performance.

Here are other tips for cleaning up factory bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/144080-help-power-option-doesnt-work-screen-saver-doesnt-start.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a 4y old Sony VAIO (VGN-NS11J) that stopped working today morning after making a whirring noise

Repeated attempts to restart failed and after many attempts, I managed to get to the Startup Repair mode - after a long time, startup repair says it failed to automatically repair the problem

I managed to run system restore but after a while I got the following message: "System restore failed due to an unspecified error. The disk strucgture is corrupted and unreadable (0X80070571)

My laptop did not come with a Windows Vista CD/Recovery disk

My first priority is to recover a few files in the laptop - if I am able to do this, then I dont mind junking the laptop

Since this is an old laptop, I would prefer not to use an expensive professional to recover the data

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Rgds

A:Sony VAIO running Vista doesn't start-up, system restore doesn't work

You may be able to retrieve your data by using Ubuntu. Post #3 in this topic provides instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479918/sony-vaio-running-vista-doesnt-start-up-system-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 50.31%

For the last month or so, every time I log off my account, the keyboard does not register at the Windows Log In screen. This makes it so I have to restart the computer and then it works fine.
There are three accounts on the computer, the casing has been half removed for the last 3 months, a DVD burner and driver recently installed 3 months ago and I am using a wireless off brand USB keyboard and mouse.
As for the second part, the computer requires several restarts to boot up, sometimes up to twenty minutes of turning on and off to boot up. Only started doing this a week ago.

A:My Keyboard doesn't work, and the computer turns on but doesn't start.

It sounds like something is wrong with your Windows XP drivers. Something like that happened to me while building my computer, and when I boot up the keyboard did not work because my copy of windows XP was bad. You could try reinstalling windows XP, and It might work better, but I dont have a definite answer to your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-keyboard-doesnt-work-and-the-computer-turns-on-but-doesnt-start-381732.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

Have a friend with a relatively new Lenovo laptop using Windows XP SP3. Overnight he can't access the Internet via browsers, email or AIM. His desktop connected to the same router is working fine.

He can access the router by IP address using either IE7 or FireFox 3.5. Anything that needs a DNS server doesn't work. This does say though that he has a working connection to the router.

He's run MalWareBytes and his own McAffee software looking for bad stuff but has found nothing.

Running "ipconfig /all" from the command prompt gives exactly the same results for the laptop as his working desktop. The DNS servers are there. He can ping the DNS servers using their IP addresses. He is being assigned a proper local network address so DHCP is working on the router.

Any thoughts on where to look next to discover why the Internet applications don't seem to be able to find the DNS servers?

A:Can't Access Websites, Email doesn't work and no AIM doesn

FWIW, my friend took his laptop to a PC shop. Their diagnosis was malware. I don't know the identity of the malware. Anyway, the shop saved his data then formatted and reloaded XP SP3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239603/cant-access-websites-email-doesnt-work-and-no-aim-doesn/
Relevancy 49.45%

my laptop bluetooth doesn't receive files
when i right click the bluetooth icon in the notification area it has no "receive file" option
i tried to send a file from my mobile phone to the laptop and it just refused and popped up a message "file send failed"
is this a problem or what ?.....

A:bluetooth doesn't receive

Quote: Originally Posted by Essam Tarik

my laptop bluetooth doesn't receive files
when i right click the bluetooth icon in the notification area it has no "receive file" option
i tried to send a file from my mobile phone to the laptop and it just refused and popped up a message "file send failed"
is this a problem or what ?.....

Hi Essam Tarik,

Please let us know which Bluetooth card is installed on the system. Have you tried to reinstall the Bluetooth software on the system to check if it resolves the issue.

If you are not aware of where you can download and install the software then kindly provide us with model number for the system.

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305308-bluetooth-doesnt-receive.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I got this cell phone that I want to try to connect with my supposedly Bluetooh-enabled laptop. Originally I attempted this after I had upgraded to Internet Explorer 7.0, but that was rife with problems, so I downgraded back to 6. Now if I open up My Computer and double-click on My Bluetooth Places, the "hour glass" sits there for a bit as if it is actually doing something; then, it reverts back to the arrow cursor and the laptop acts as if I never asked it to do something.

I am wondering if the Bluetooth capability of my laptop is gone; I think it must be software/driver related.

Ideas? Is there a way to reinstall the drivers that were there with XP (home)?

Rob

A:Bluetooth Doesn't Exists!?

There are some issues on BT with IE7 which will be fixed shortly. Did you turn of your firewall??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77378/bluetooth-doesnt-exists/
Relevancy 49.45%

For some reason (maybe because my OS is XP HE not XPPRO), XP Bluetooth options are greyed out. How can I get the upgrades? My laptop is Wireless ennabled. I have a Nokia 6310i and want to use in with the Nokia WAP Software to update address book details

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-allow-bluetooth-on-satellite-a45.278901/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi safemode reboot, XP work doesn't doesn't xp stopped responding and I decided to power off Was never able to restart after that Normal boot shows the windows initial screen but eventually just restarts safe mode does the same thing whether it s with network XP doesn't reboot, safemode doesn't work command line or plain safe mode Last known good configuration does the same Needed to use a file so decided to remove the HD and re-install to another PC I did have access to the file in question but now I d like to fix the problem The other system uses AVG I started a scan and it detected Cekar d A exe wdfmgr exe and initially ntldr exe Dropper Inor ntdetect hta A hta PSW Generic ABVW ctfmona exe PSW OnlineGames AAFI ctfmonb exe PSW Generic AFYK ctfmond exe PSW OnlineGames ZWT LotusHlp exe and some others but for whatever reason the scan stopped I restarted it and now the AV still finds most of the threats it was seeing before but not Cekar d in the ntldr exe file The system that had the problem was running Win XP Home SP Unfortunately I can t find the manufacturer s recovery CD HD is still in the other PC How should I attack the problem nbsp

A:XP doesn't reboot, safemode doesn't work

Update... Three passes of AVG and all threats were put in vault. Tried to re-install the HD to the initial system but no change... System says it didn't start correctly, that a new software of hardware could be responsible, the suggests to try las known good config, none of the options work, they all perform some tasks then windows reboots and ends up in the same screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-reboot-safemode-doesnt-work.671970/
Relevancy 48.59%

My Lenovo laptop is P50 running Window 7 64-bit, when I tried to pair a bluetooth headphone with it, the headphone didn't show up in the laptop's bluetooth device list. Could you please help me out?
Device Manager's Bluetooth Radios has Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.

The iHome headphone's Spec says:" The product is compatible with any bluetooth devices that supports A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-Free, or Handset Profiles"

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/P50-Why-bluetooth-headphone-doesn-t-show-up-in-the-laptop-P50-s/td-p/3420371
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys,

I have an Acer Aspire V3, running Windows 7 SP1 x64, with internal bluetooth.

I tried with the standard Generic Bluetooth Adapter and also with the Atheros_7.4.0.126 Bluetooth Adapter which comes with the driver-package of my laptop.

I checked that the Bluetooth Service is started and running.

However, my bluetooth is unable to detect any devices, even though I have a bluetooth mouse and bluetooth phone lying next to the laptop, both enabled and detectable.

Clicking on the bluetooth-tray and then 'Add a Device' just brings up a screen saying 'Searching for devices...'.

Any help?

Laurens

A:Bluetooth doesn't find devices

When I turn on the detectability of my laptop, I can find it on my phone. However, I cannot pair to it, the laptop just doesn't respond. I still cannot find any devices on my laptop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/302889-bluetooth-doesnt-find-devices.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My OS is Windows 7 running on an Intel i5 - 3450 CPU. It's a Dell XPS 8500 that supposedly has a built-in Bluetooth transmitter. It will not recognize my Sony RDP X200iP Bluetooth speaker.

A:PC doesn't recognize Bluetooth speaker

Does you computer documentation say anything about the Bluetooth radio hardware needing to be enabled or turned on in order to use it?

Does the speaker documentation say anything about needing to install drivers on the computer or going through any kind of mating steps to connect to the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-recognize-bluetooth-speaker.1114335/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey guys.My Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 doesn't search for devices after i click send to ->bluetooth device.When the Bluetooth File Transfer opened,it doesn't search for device and just leave it a blank.Just like this picture.I had reinstall the driver but it doesn't work.Please help me if you know how to do.

A:Bluetooth doesn't search for devices

Check Services and set Bluetooth Support Service to Automatic. Maybe Restart it as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232635-bluetooth-doesnt-search-devices.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My Lenovo laptop is P50 running Window 7 64-bit, when I tried to pair a bluetooth headphone with it, the headphone didn't show up in the laptop's bluetooth device list. Could you please help me out?Device Manager's Bluetooth Radios has Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. The iHome headphone's Spec says:" The product is compatible with any bluetooth devices that supports A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-Free, or Handset Profiles"

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Why-bluetooth-headphone-doesn-t-show-up-in-the-laptop-P50-s/td-p/3420371
Relevancy 48.59%

I have the specified problem at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913405

My power options and my screensaver DO NOT work after installing a wireless pointing device but I DO NOT HAVE Cyberlink nor ANY of the startup items indicated in the article!!!!!!! but they STILL DO NOT work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Screensaver and power options DO NOT work and Microsoft KB article DOESN'T WORK

Manufacturer and model of the device installed?

If you remove the device...do problems disappear?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510627/screensaver-and-power-options-do-not-work-and-microsoft-kb-article-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 48.59%

My problem is that I cannot access the internet through my LAC. I enable the connection and it will connect and send packets, but will not receive any packets. I have no problems enabling my wireless connection and connecting to the internet. The wireless does like to disconnect and reconnect about 3 or 4 times an hour which is another problem I have. I believe this LAC problem started around the same time I was trying to get shared music between my computers on iTunes. I was trying to allow for connection on port 3689, but everything I did was unsuccessful. Any suggestions for any of these problems I'm having?

A:Solved: Local Area Connection: doesn't work, Wireless: does work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-doesnt-work-wireless-does-work.772401/
Relevancy 48.59%

After I install LIBusb I could work futher. But after I put him off en reboot an hour later my wired mouse en keyboard didn't work anymore.
When I restart in safe mode both still doesnt work.

Computer: HP Pavilion p6250

Please Help!!

A:LIBusb, USB ports doesn't work. Safe mode also no work

did you get sorted i have same problem

thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/63466-libusb-usb-ports-doesnt-work-safe-mode-also-no-work.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m having difficulty figuring multiple work, malware, antivirus/antimalware popups, won't... doesn't tools work, persistent don't iexplore internet out this persistent malware I think it s likely that there are multiple issues I m running Windows Vista The malware started off with quot google redirect quot symptoms and disabling my Symantec software Shortly following I could no longer access the web persistent malware, antivirus/antimalware tools don't work, internet doesn't work, multiple iexplore popups, won't... However the malware persistent malware, antivirus/antimalware tools don't work, internet doesn't work, multiple iexplore popups, won't... itself would create an internet explorer popup every - minutes not my default browser that would go to quot search sites quot none that I recognized and search for lewd topics Running the taskmanager would show multiple instances of iexplore exe running on my machine one for each popup The popups would have to be eliminated one by one using the task manager Trying to run a system restore I discovered all restore points had been deleted I installed AVG antivirus and got it to run once which seemed to help the problem However upon restart all issues were back and I could no longer run avg Windows defender constantly pops up that a new trojan is attacking my machine At this point I unplugged my internet connection and started using another machine I had left my problematic computer alone for about a month Upon turning it on last night each time I logged on it gave me a warning that quot Windows had encountered a critical error and will restart in one minute quot and would restart I tried running cmd in that one minute to intercept it but the task manager would freeze if I tried to run it from there and explorer would freeze if I tried to run it from there I also discovered my Guest account is not working I restarted in Safe Mode and ran msconfig and disabled all non-Microsoft services Upon restarting my computer I found I could successfully log on although Guest account is still not working At this point I figured I ought to post a highjackthis log to a forum My computer would not let me install using HJTinstall exe so I renamed it to HJTinstall scr After installation highjackthis ran for about second and closed abruptly My machine will not run highjackthis nor will it let me rename it If I try to run it it says that it cannot access the file device or path and perhaps I don t have permission and if I try to rename it it says that I need permission to do so and asks if I d like to try again Right clicking does absolutely nothing This is all the same in safe mode although right clicking in safe mode will at least bring up the options I m out of ideas Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/268337/persistent-malware-antivirusantimalware-tools-dont-work-internet-doesnt-work-multiple-iexplore-popups-wont-run-hijackthis-nor-let-me-rename-it/
Relevancy 48.16%

I Have Bluetooth but it doesn't show in device manager.

A:Help, Again!!! Bluetooth doesn't show in device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by ebartolon

I Have Bluetooth but it doesn't show in device manager.

Probably because the drivers for your device are not installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/4305-help-again-bluetooth-doesnt-show-device-manager.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi together I bought a bluetooth dongle from Speedlink quot VIAS Bluetooth USB Adapter quot It implements Bluetooth V EDR but that should be backwards compatible It is working on Windows and on Linux but on Vista devices detect Bluetooth Dongle doesn't (SP2) i have SP Bluetooth Dongle doesn't detect devices (SP2) the pc is unable to detect any devices First of all the cover of the dongle says that it is quot certified for Vista quot Windows actually recognizes it and installes the standard bluetooth drivers The manual confirms that only Microsoft drivers are needed So the drivers are installing with no problems but i can't detect any devices I tried my phone the wiimote all these things work on the other platforms I tried reinstalling the drivers and rebooting a lot of times but it didn't helped I tried writing an e-mail to the manufacturer but there was no response since the th July Under quot services quot the service quot bluetooth support service quot is running I found out that the dongle does not search for devices I observed this on the Windows pc When the dongle searches for devices the LED stays red which is happening on Windows but on Vista the LED is only flashing Has somebody an idea Thank you

A:Bluetooth Dongle doesn't detect devices (SP2)

Hi. I would like to assist you. Please post the device status from device manager as a photo, and the Hardware ID so i can try to find a fix.

If you need to know how to do that, let me know

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/302934-bluetooth-dongle-doesnt-detect-devices-sp2.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Alright So whenever a program uses InstallShield none usual work fixes of InstallShield work, doesn't the to install or uninstall a program it boots up and the bar fills up preparing to run the Wizard and right when it fills an error message pops up quot An error occurred while launching the setup The specified module could not be found quot and then it quits This occurs anytime I try to install or uninstall anything that uses InstallShield I ve tried everything at the InstallShield troubleshooting site including deleting a file in the registry the problem key was there but deleting it didn t solve the problem making sure I had admin privilidges and emptying out the Temp folder I can t reinstall InstallShield because it ironically requires InstallShield to install The one problem that I can think of would be that I just got back from college At college I logged onto a network to use the computer Could this have something to do with it I ve tried logging onto the computer itself as the Admin but the problem still occurs This whole thing really sucks because the comp is pretty much useless not being able to install or uninstall anything Thanks for any help nbsp

A:InstallShield doesn't work, none of the usual fixes work

Depending on what version of InstallShield you have here is a site that shows some of it's program errors >
http://helpnet.installshield.com/robo/projects/installshield10-5compact/CP_IHelpBuildErrors.htm

Have you tried this site > http://consumer.installshield.com/

InstallShield uses the Windows Installer Service. It could be that Windows Installer Service has somehow become corrupted.
Check this site out > http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108201

As a last resort you might consider reinstalling your Windows Operating System on top of itself to repair and replace the corrupted or missing files associated with InstallShield and Windows Installer Service.

Just for your information, InstallShield is the oldest installer program company. However there is another that is completely free “Inno Setup” which you may have seen when installing some programs. Here’s their site > http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installshield-doesnt-work-none-of-the-usual-fixes-work.363287/
Relevancy 48.16%

Help! See the title.

I'm going mad because I can't listen to music! I've tried three different mediaplayers (Windows Media Player, VLC & QuickTime) and all three just don't work! WMP won't even play the files, VLC will (in .avi-case even with picture!) but there won't be sound :/. Same for QuickTime,...

Now, the weird thing is that I can play games without a problem and the sound's still there! Hell, even sounds made by Windows -- I hear 'em! YouTube works too!

I'm concerned there might be something wrong in the registry,... (I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner/Defrag regularly, I guess something was bound to go wrong,...)

Please, help? :(

(Windows 7, btw.)

A:Sound DOESN'T work while playing .mp3/.avi - DOES work with games/YT

Apparently I made a mistake,... Sound in games doesn't work* System sounds and YouTube do, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-doesnt-work-while-playing-mp3-avi-does-work-with-games-yt-509872.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear All
I'm using Dell Vostro 3350 now. After I upgrade Win 10 Pro, the Laptop Speaker doesn't work and can't give output any sound. But if I put my earphone, all of the sound include song work.
I use PC Doctor and scan the computer hardware but there is nothing found error on hardware and software. I also use windows update to scan all of the drivers, but it can't found any update drivers of this laptop. So what can I do next to fix the problem?
Thank you for member's attention

A:Laptop Speaker Doesn't Work But Using Earphone Work

Hello. Dell does not recommend installing Win10 on the Vostro 3350 model. Dell says, "If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected." To get the best performance from your laptop, revert it back to the previous operating system. You can google to find instructions for undoing Win10.
If you want to continue with Win10, then try to install the IDT Win8 audio driver using compatibility mode.
1. Click the link to go to the driver's page. Download and save the driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive. 2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates. 4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).6. Find the "setup.exe" file.7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.8. Select the Properties.9. Select the Compatibility tab.10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win8.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19981114
Relevancy 47.73%

My computer is supposed to have built-in Bluetooth. The Asus website has a driver update for Windows 7 64-bit, but when I try to install it I get a message that no Bluetooth device was detected.

Help! I have been trying to fix this for days.

A:Asus notebook doesn't recognize Bluetooth hardware

How sure are you that the hardware is actually present? Does it show in Device Manager as present but disabled due to no driver installed? Is there a switch that turns the BT on/off that needs to be turned on?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/204279-asus-notebook-doesnt-recognize-bluetooth-hardware.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a z5000 Bluetooth mouse that seems to add successfully to my new ZBook 15 with Windows 7, but the cursor on screen doesn't respond with any movement or button presses. I have tried removing and adding the mouse several times, pressing the connect button, turning the mouse on and off, and rebooting the laptop. The same mouse worked fine on my previous laptop (Elitebook 8560w) also with Win7. I have checked properties for the mouse and everything says the device is working properly. I have replaced the battery on the off-chance that was the problem.  I have tried adding a different bluetooth mouse (same model), with the same results. The mice don't respond.

A:Z5000 Bluetooth mouse installs but doesn't respond

Nekanuq wrote:I have a z5000 Bluetooth mouse that seems to add successfully to my new ZBook 15 with Windows 7, but the cursor on screen doesn't respond with any movement or button presses. I have tried removing and adding the mouse several times, pressing the connect button, turning the mouse on and off, and rebooting the laptop. The same mouse worked fine on my previous laptop (Elitebook 8560w) also with Win7. I have checked properties for the mouse and everything says the device is working properly. I have replaced the battery on the off-chance that was the problem.  I have tried adding a different bluetooth mouse (same model), with the same results. The mice don't respond.Did you install the Bluetooth software for the mouse? Sometimes it requires you to install the right bluetooth software for the mouse and it properties to work correct??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Z5000-Bluetooth-mouse-installs-but-doesn-t-respond/td-p/4778723
Relevancy 47.73%

And all config, dont show devices 

A:Inspiron 5447 - Win10 BlueTooth doesn't Working

Get the win 10 drivers you need from Dell Drivers and Downloads.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985384
Relevancy 47.3%

I have no idea what happened, when I try to connect the modem directly to the PC, it give me "No Connectivity". But when I connect the modem through the router, it work!

ipconfig/all

Modem connect directly pic
Modem through router pic

Relevancy 47.3%

I cannot find out why the IE7 with code FF1.5) javascript work doesn't with (work following code doesn't work with IE Pressing the button doesn't add the text table to the page The code also loaded to http startupisrael com gpazi triptouch test php lt DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC quot - W C DTD HTML Transitional EN quot quot javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) http www w org TR html loose dtd quot gt lt html gt lt head gt lt head gt lt body gt lt script language quot Javascript quot type quot text javascript quot gt function func var mydiv document getElementById quot mydiv quot var mytable document createElement quot table quot var mytr document createElement quot tr quot var mytd document createElement quot td quot var mytext document createTextNode quot this is my text quot mytd appendChild mytext javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) mytr appendChild mytd mytable appendChild mytr mydiv appendChild mytable lt javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5) script gt lt div id quot mydiv quot gt lt button onclick quot func quot gt click lt button gt lt div gt lt body gt lt html gt

A:javascript code doesn't work with IE7 (work with FF1.5)

got the answer -
IE requires a tbody element to insert a table using the DOM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/javascript-code-doesnt-work-with-ie7-work-with-ff1-5-a-161587.html
Relevancy 46.87%

After recent update of windows 10 hp connection manager remove from my pc and bluetooth is not shown in device manager. I don't find any way to turn the bluetooth on or off, also the bluetooht is not apear in action center.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-don-t-work/td-p/5807558
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z, and there is a BlueTooth button on my laptop. When I press it, it says "No BlueTooth Device"

I never really paid any attention to the BlueTooth, but I bought a BlueTooth mouse today, and I cannot get it to work.

There are no BlueTooth things at all on my computer, and When I try to install BlueTooth drivers, it says that I need to enable my BlueTooth but I don't know how!!
Helllllllp please

A:BlueTooth won't work?

Quote: Originally Posted by Petoskey

I have an Acer Aspire 5720z, and there is a BlueTooth button on my laptop. When I press it, it says "No BlueTooth Device"

I never really paid any attention to the BlueTooth, but I bought a BlueTooth mouse today, and I cannot get it to work.

There are no BlueTooth things at all on my computer, and When I try to install BlueTooth drivers, it says that I need to enable my BlueTooth but I don't know how!!

Helllllllp please

Acer laptops dont always come with the bluetooth modules installed, there sometimes sold as 'Bluetooth Ready' meaning you can buy an additional module for it. If you have a look for the exact model number underneath, I'll have a look about for you to see if it comes with one already installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/12696-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I just registered on forum and sorry about my poor english Actually i visit this forum for years and i'm thankful for many times i getting help on it Now why i registered First recently i purchased ACER AO C bb i believe this version is for eastern markets with won't Bluetooth work preinstalled Windows starter Bluetooth connectivity has work On back is written that device has installed Atheros bluetooth module AR BBU Shortly Bluetooth won't work after purchasing i installed Windows Home premium Bluetooth won't work x Everything was fine since i decided to connect my netbook with my phone by bluetooth connection Almost one week after i couldn't manage to do that I will insert pictures to explain i hope where is problem As you can see on first picture ''allow device to connect'' is greyed out I've searched on different forums including this one without solving I Bluetooth won't work believe that I will find solution here Drivers are ok i believe System did quot see quot bluetooth network but is not connected because neither my phone quot sees quot netbook or other way around I manage to establish bluetooth connection with usb dongle but that doesn't makes me happy If you can please help me

A:Bluetooth won't work

Hello and welcome.
Well, your English was not that bad. I could still follow you basically.

Since you were able to connect the phone to the USB dongle, (correct?) then that means everything should be alright with the phone.

I believe the first thing you may need to do is click "Add a Device" to let them detect & identify each other. Once there is a profile created, then the next time you want to connect maybe click "Allow a Device to Connect." Try that and see if it works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206044-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Im trying to pair my dualshock 4 controller with my pc and it won't work. I had no issues until I used it with my ps4. It gets detected under the Bluetooth settings as wireless controller When I click pair it does nothing for 10-30 seconds then says "that didn't work"

A:Bluetooth won't work.

Sometimes it takes awhile and multiple times to pair and connect.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50523-bluetooth-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My daughter recently gave me her old Palm Treo 650 cellphone. Apparently it is too old to "speak" (sync) with Windows 7 64 bit using their software but it can be done using bluetooth. The phone is bluetooth enabled and has an infared port, but my computer is lacking -- something -- to make the connection...what do I need? a USB dongle-thing? Something else?
thanks

A:What do I need for bluetooth to work?

Bluetooth is just a connection method. If it can't sync with Windows 7 64-bit using a USB sync cable, that isn't fixed by syncing with Bluetooth. You still need the Palm Desktop software or (maybe?) Outlook (not Windows Mail). If you want to attempt to connect the phone to the computer with Bluetooth, you need a Bluetooth USB dongle for your computer. I've never had much luck with Bluetooth data connections. Given the age of the device, the challenges are magnified.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-i-need-for-bluetooth-to-work.925462/
Relevancy 46.87%

I m noticing a really weird problem I have a thinkpad t p running winxp pro sp with integrated bluetooth I have two logitech mice both with wireless USB receivers and I like fails doesn't receiver recognize; computer weird, unplug usb and bluetooth to switch them out because weird, unplug usb receiver and computer doesn't recognize; bluetooth fails sometimes I feel like using my right hand and sometimes my left But sometimes when I unplug a receiver the computer fails to make the quot DING ding quot usb device leaving sound When this happens all of the usb ports stop working Reinserting the receiver does not fix the problem Then after awhile the bluetooth icon in the tray turns read and pops up an error message complaining about not being able to start the bluetooth service I have no idea why bluetooth would have anything to do with these logitech usb receivers but that s what happens At first I thought my only way to fix things was to reboot but then I noticed that when I shut Outlook suddenly I get the USB dinging sounds and everything is fixed Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix this problem Thanks nbsp

A:weird, unplug usb receiver and computer doesn't recognize; bluetooth fails

The Bluetooth might be connected internally via USB hubs and when you suddenly unplug the USB stuff, the bluetooth stops working because all the hubs are "disconnected".
As for the USB not working until after Outlook 07 is shut down ... maybe your computer can't handle the process. How long do you wait until you decide to restart?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-unplug-usb-receiver-and-computer-doesnt-recognize-bluetooth-fails.614417/
Relevancy 46.44%

ive been trying to get bluetooth to work on my "ASUS Notebook F5GL Series" with vista. I cant seem to get it working. there is no bluetooth icon in the taskbar, and i go to control panel, hardware and sound, down to bluetooth and click bluetooth settings but nothing happens, i also click add a wireless device but it doesnt find anything, my brother has a laptop running XP and his bluetooth is working fine. i have asked him but he has no idea about it. I was wondering if anyone knew what to do?

Relevancy 46.44%

Good day,

please pardon my bad english.

i am using TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK SATTELITE C840 1011R which has a bluetooth connectivity shortcut located at the F12 button (i dont know its developer). i was completely shocked when i tried to turn on my bluetooth using this shortcut, and the "bluetooth symbol" didnt appear. i am a noob in terms of technology, computer terms, repairs, drivers etc. but i want to fix it on my own to save money. i dont know if it is because i downloaded Avast 2015 and erased it or what. please help me. i really want to fix it or re-install it. please bare with me because i dont know much about computers.

thank you and have a good day

A:My bluetooth on my laptop won't work

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Install the Value Added Package from the Link below ...
https://pc.toshiba-asia.com/sg/support/drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371363-my-bluetooth-my-laptop-wont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello I have a problem with my notebook. Suddenly 'bluetooth' does not work any more; I get the message that my USB is longer recognised by Windows. Some time ago I upgraded my laptop to windows 10.According to my investigation I have following bluetooth: 'Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth 2.1 - EDR Broadcom corporation'. My computer gives the message I can nog longer use the windows driver.I searched on the site of HP, found a corresponding driver for bluetooth buth at last I got the message it does not work. Who can help me ? Kind regards! Dirk

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/bluetooth-does-not-work-any-longer/td-p/5620120
Relevancy 46.44%

the bluetooth of the model g510 not working

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-bluetooth-not-work/td-p/3341221
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I am having a serious problem. My bluetooth doesn't work at all. Wifi works sometimes. I think it does not show some of the available networks. I need a solution to this problem. It will be so much appreciated.

type: laptop
model: dell inspiron n4050

A:Bluetooth and Wifi do not work

I don't have much to offer other than suggesting you have to latest drivers installed for the machine...

Drivers & Downloads | Dell US

You might also want to check out this post to see if it helps - bluetooth not working for Dell Inspiron N4050 in windows 7 64bit - Microsoft Community

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/285647-bluetooth-wifi-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Quote Originally Posted by Computer Specs MSI GT -US Windows Ultimate Build AMD Turion x Ultra Processor ATI Radeon HD Graphics Gigabytes RAM I've been trying to pair an Apple Wireless Keyboard bluetooth to install/work! get Can't with my laptop so I can type from a distance I bought it to work with the iPhone but also wanted to use it with my laptop to increase functionality I couldn't get the bluetooth driver to work on this computer Can't get bluetooth to install/work! through the software because it kept saying that the bluetooth device wasn't ready Can't get bluetooth to install/work! and wouldn't turn on I tried to download the latest driver from MSi's website when I realized that the driver never did install properly I tried to install it once and it froze so I closed out of the installer This led to it being installed anyway but not fully I tried to uninstall and run the installer again but it froze and I left it open the past few days but it's still stuck and probably will remain stuck The driver is called quot Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba v quot Can someone please help me Please

A:Can't get bluetooth to install/work!

Info from Microsoft on Bluetooth -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...enabled-device

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...etwork-devices

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...enabled-device

Check Toshiba support for Windows 7 BT drivers - http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...p?nav=download

Windows 7 SP1 build 7601 should install via Windows Updates - Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-get-bluetooth-to-install-work-555056.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a CSR bluetooth dongle. It initially worked but has stopped recently. It connects to a Nokia E71 phone.

In my Device Manager there is an entry "CSR Bluetooth Radio" under "Bluetooth radios", and under "Other devices" there are four entries titled "Bluetooth Peripheral Device". Presumably there is no suitable driver.

I applied the update "CSR plc - Audio - Bluetooth Remote Control Device" on the 19.1.10. Maybe this is the source of the problem???

I tried inserting another bluetooth device but have had exactly the same problem with it.

I've managed to connect to my phone with Ubuntu Linux on the same hardware - connected to the same phone.

I've tried setting the phone up as a new bluetooth device with the same result. I've also tried uninstalling all of the bluetooth drivers and reinstalling them - no joy.

A:CSR Bluetooth dongles don't work

Just happened the same to me today... I installed the update:

Cambridge Silicon Radio Limited - Audio, Other hardware - CSR BlueCore Nanosira

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/58226-csr-bluetooth-dongles-dont-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I am very inexperienced nbsp After upgrading to windows on Friday last day nbsp I now see on the notifications that under on after work not wi... desktop does Bluetooth XC-603 COMPATIBILITY Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after wi... nbsp it Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after wi... lists Qualcomm Bluetooth Suite nbsp as unavailable so I assume my bluetooth will not work nbsp I cannot refind an earlier message I read nbsp with a list of Acer machines that qualified mine did nbsp for some kind of nbsp update nbsp I seem to remember that somewhere it said to nbsp update Bios nbsp first before upgrade to windows gt nbsp but windows compatibility said nothing about my bluetooth and nbsp isn't Bluetooth does not work on XC-603 desktop after wi... updating the BIOS something that Acer should on its own if it is necessary nbsp I find this scary and have no idea what or even how to do a BIOS update if it is necessary nbsp Pleeeeez help Oh one last thing if important I log in to my computer with windows account not ACER gt nbsp I couldn't figure out the whole apps thing nbsp and my son figured out how to get an older style start page when I had the nbsp I hope someone here can give me very specific instructions on how to get my bluetooth back working nbsp Thank you ever so much for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Bluetooth-does-not-work-on-XC-603-desktop-after-windows-10/td-p/446845
Relevancy 46.44%

Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.

A:Making bluetooth work my way

Quote: Originally Posted by borgqueenx

Well lets begin first steps first.....making windows reconise the bluetooth usb stick.
i have a bluetooth stick connected and windows successfully reconised it and added it as device.
however when i go to the menu "add device" in windows, i see no bluetooth device whatsoever popup.

as soon as i have this working, i want to use the bluetooth headset for teamspeak.

Try going into Device Manager and looking under USB controllers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289937-making-bluetooth-work-my-way.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys. I have acer aspire v5 122p running on win 8.1. My problem is that the bluetooth device is seems not working coz it's just keep on searching for any bluetooth device but it can't detect it. I already restore my laptop to its factory setting and I download a bluetooth driver (Qualcomm Atheros) from acer site but its still didn't work. Hope you can help me.thank you

A:bluetooth didn't work!

Is it turned on ? ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154323.0.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All
Windows8.1 do not recognize any bluetooth., But Windows 8 will be easily identified. Install bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1, but I do not know why I can not be activated.

Model: Asus k53sd

A:Bluetooth does not work in Windows 8.1

Not sure if this is your problem but it is what worked for me due Bluetooth Support Service not having the right permissions:

Unable to REMOVE Bluetooth mouse

Does Bluetooth Support Service show up as running in Task Manager/Services?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34125-bluetooth-does-not-work-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently just bought a msi z87 mpower Intel motherboard and it came with a blue tooth adapter. now for some reason I can not enable the device. there is no wireless tab under the change pc settings in pc settings however it is listed under device manager. it says every thing is correct with the driver and when I go to control panel and go to devices and printers the Bluetooth device is not there. I even did a fresh install of windows 8. not sure how to fix this one.

thanks, have a nice day

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38912-windows-8-bluetooth-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
I have a wireless speaker called the OONTZ made by Cambridge. It will work by Bluetooth and does work fine from my Bluetooth Cowon Mp3 player.

But when I try to run it from my Dell INSPIRON 5520 I can not seem to get any sound out. The 5520 does see my device and I see it in my device .

I have been trying for the last few days to figure it out but w/o any luck? My 5520 has something called Stage and I tried that but again it will not show the speaker?

Sorry I do not know enough at this time to give and more details. Please get myself on the right track if possible

A:Getting Bluetooth to work, win 7 64 bit. No sound out!

Hey jjr, As you mentioned that both device are discovering each other. Have you tried pairing them? Once a bluetooth device is discovered, it needs to be paired for creating FTP file sharing or playing music. Try that and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297076-getting-bluetooth-work-win-7-64-bit-no-sound-out.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. I am having a serious problem. My bluetooth doesn't work at all. Wifi works sometimes. I think it does not show some of the available networks. I need a solution to this problem. It will be so much appreciated.

type: laptop
model: dell inspiron n4050

A:Bluetooth and Wifi do not work

Hi Ahmed

Open up a command prompt . Click on the button type CMD , right click and choose Run as administrator . Input the commands below

Code:
wmic bios get serialnumber
So I could see which driver goes to your specific model

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285686-bluetooth-wifi-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Everybody discusses their problems, but there is very little info about a Blurtooth Dongle that works without problems in Windows 7 (32-bit in my case.)

I live in South Africa and it looks like it could be years before there are any on the shelves here, so I have to import myself, and trying to find one is a mission.

A:Has anybody got ANY Bluetooth Dongle to work?

I have a CSR Bluetooth Dongle that works fine for me, although i didnt buy it, and the dongle itself lacks identification. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 btw.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/59913-has-anybody-got-any-bluetooth-dongle-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to a Windows PC so that Headsets work? do How Bluetooth I can receive and How do Bluetooth Headsets work? make Skype calls The headset seems to have successfully paired with and connected with the PC but I can't get anything to play through it How How do Bluetooth Headsets work? do I check what is going wrong If I look in Devices and Printers I can see the headset there If I right click on it and select Properties and then look in the Services tab it says that the headset is enabled for Audio Sink Handsfree Telephony and Headset If I look under the Hardware tab I see Bluetooth AV Bluetooth hands-free and Bluetooth Headset If I look in the Sound control panel under the Playback tab the only device I see is Speakers Should I see the headset here if it's connected properly If I look in Sounds under the Recording tab I see Microphone default device Line in currently unavailable and Stereo Mix currently unavailable Is this correct or should I see the headset here too How do I tell Skype to use the headset and not the speakers or the built in microphone If I plug in a wired headset it automatically switches off the built in speakers and microphone and any phone calls that I then make will use the headset - why doesn't this happen with the Bluetooth device How do I debug all this stuff How do I see how the headset is connected How do I see what profile the sound applications Skype Lync Media Player etc are using How do I see what messages the answer button on the headset is sending I just need to understand this stuff better so I can have a chance of getting it all working Thanks - Rowan

A:How do Bluetooth Headsets work?

I searched your question ( How do Bluetooth Headsets work? - YouTube ) You just need to find your bluetooth headset there

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/294751-how-do-bluetooth-headsets-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hi i am using a HP Pavilion dv6838tx Entertainment Notebook PC

i recently downgraded from vista to windows xp profesional sp3

i have managed over time to download and install all other drivers and software that was needed.

now the only thing left is bluetooth.

it is installed in device manager and is marked as working but i can not locate it in my control panel so that i can can make my bluetooth visible to other devices.

in wireless assistant it says that bluetooth is on.

how do i find or fix my bluetooth so that i can connect things to my computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-bluetooth-doesnt-work.839316/
Relevancy 46.44%

I got a TINY TECH Bluetooth USB Dongle which I have no problem using it on my PC with Win 2000 but when I try to use it on other PC with Win XP, I have problem installing the installion software. Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance.

Peter

A:Bluetooth USB Dongle dun work with Win XP

Simple things first, make sure you have software that is compatible with Windows XP, might have to download an update if the product only ships with W2K

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-usb-dongle-dun-work-with-win-xp.512299/
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay I'm getting 2 different problems occurring every time I resume my computer from sleep.

So far I've only tried getting my Bluetooth mouse to work after sleep and that hasn't work. This is what I did: Run>Services.msc (My bluetooth is Toshiba) so I went to the Toshiba Bluetooth service and changed it from manual to Automatic. Should I change the logged on as (it's currently Local System).
The service starts although it's just that my bluetooth mouse doesn't want to work after resuming from sleep.

My other sleep problem is 2 of my 2TB (both Samsung HD203WI) disappear after resuming from sleep. Only my SSD (Kingston 64GB) and my other 2TB (Samsung HD204UI) show up.

My Computer:
ASRock 890FX, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.3Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 3 SATA HDDs, 750-watt PSU

A:[SOLVED] After computer sleeps: Hard Drives disappear and Bluetooth mouse doesn't wor

Go to Start type in devmgmt.msc hit enter. Located USB hubs right click on each the properties advanced change the power settings by unticking "allow system to power down to save power" see if that helps.

Do this for each USB Hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-after-computer-sleeps-hard-drives-disappear-and-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-wor-639821.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am having trouble getting my Bluetooth adapter to adapter wont Bluetooth work work Notes The drivers install fine on both Windows Pro and Windows Pro The Bluetooth adapter is correctly installed on the motherboard and should be working because it shares with the wifi card and I have wifi Windows update fails to find the drivers for the device Windows acknowledges the presence of a SM Bluetooth adapter wont work Bus Controller Bluetooth adapter wont work but says the drivers are not installed correctly Drivers were installed from the motherboard manufacturers website http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid ov EDIT The drivers on Windows Pro don t actually install Upon completion of the installation the installer then prompts me to reboot I do and when Windows starts up again I can install the drivers again as if they were never installed Also at the beginning of the installation Windows makes the device connected disconnected sound as if I it disconnects the Bluetooth and then reconnects it This is really annoying me I would like to connect my phone and tablet but alas cannot Oh and there s all this stuff to help you guys The Windows is a fresh install from minutes ago OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Its meant to say MB Hard Drives B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-adapter-wont-work.1085989/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello nbsp My nbsp HP laptop is a Pavillion Entertainment dv - us product WA UA ABA serial edited by mod on - - running Windows Home Premium OA bit and purchased I think nbsp It is running HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Driver won't work with laptop speakers HP Bluetooth provider is Broadcom version nbsp Although my beloved HP laptop shows it has paired with bluetooth speakers I bought this past week it won't Bluetooth speakers won't work with HP laptop play music through them nbsp Since both bluetooth speakers work fine with my brand new HP Envy desktop I am guessing this is due to my laptop running outdated Bluetooh driver nbsp Unfortunately the 'update bluetooth driver' button has been grayed out and I don't know how else to update the bluetooth driver nbsp I just ran the HP update but that didn't seem to affect the bluetooth driver nbsp Bluetooth speakers I have paired EasyAcc cannon Ion Mini Block Rocker nbsp The EasyAcc cannon flashes blue and their information states it is ready to be paired even though my HP device manager shows it is paired to the laptop nbsp I tried several of the suggestions on your forum but was unsuccessful nbsp I hope to use this speaker in my classroom next week so your help is greatly appreciated nbsp Thank you Lori nbsp

A:Bluetooth speakers won't work with HP laptop

Thank you for participating in the HP Support Forum.The Serial Number (SN) has been removed from your post to protect your personally identifiable product information from theft and subsequent fraud, in accordance with the HP Support Forum's Rules of Participation #4: "Protect privacy...don?t post your computer?s serial # or contact information publically, and do not allow someone you don?t know to remotely take control of your computer."Respectfully,eric-g

I worked for HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Bluetooth-speakers-won-t-work-with-HP-laptop/td-p/4348014
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello all nbsp I've had my Envy t for just under HP Envy Bluetooth to work Intel Can't get - 15t a year now It came with Windows Pro -bit and has been running bluetooth with no issues since new I've recently re-formatted with nbsp the same OS and had no trouble re-installing all but one of the drivers Intel Bluetooth The computer currently recognizes the hardware as 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter' 'Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator' nbsp nbsp The issue I am having is with that setup adding any device which should be 'plug' and play say a bluetooth speaker will result in an unrecognized 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' The solution I found which worked on a friend's computer was to obtain the bluetooth driver from the laptop manufacturer and install it After the install nbsp everything worked nbsp as it's supposed to and he can stream bluetooth audio with no issues happy days nbsp However on my HP Envy t no nbsp version of Intel's Pro Wireless Bluetooth driver software package will install I always run into the exact same error at the same point during the installation nbsp I have tried getting the software from Intel directly through Intel's upgrade utility directly from HP and through HP Support Assistant all to no avail The error is as follows - There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected Contact your support personnel or package vendor nbsp When clicking 'OK' the setup 'rolls back' the installation and goes back to square one I have noticed that if I keep the error dialog open and don't allow it to roll back the bluetooth seems to work labelled as 'Intel Bluetooth Adapter' in Device Manager and the device can scan for and find discoverable devices nbsp Has anyone run into this issue or can someone recommend how to proceed Many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-15t-Can-t-get-Intel-Bluetooth-to-work/td-p/5716347
Relevancy 46.01%

My wife just got a new laptop. It's one of the 13" sizes, so it's got only 2 USB ports but it has an internal Bluetooth card.

I'm thinking of gettinh a wireless mouse - Logitech VX Nano, specifically. I was looking thru it's details online and I can't figure out if wireless mice can connect via BT or is that little USB wireless dongle that it comes with work on a different frequency or something specific for wireless mice.

Thanks.

A:Wireless Mouse work with Bluetooth?

The Logitech VX Nano is not a bluetooth mouse. If you want a bluetooth mouse, you must purchase one made specifically to connect via bluetooth.

If you did a Google search with the words "bluetooth mouse," (w/out the quotes), here are the results you would get :

http://www.google.com/search?q=bluetooth+mouse&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-a

Good luck!

Mollie

P.S. The link above may appear with a smilie in the middle of it - it won't post any other way unless I disable smilies; however, if you click on the link, it still works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-mouse-work-with-bluetooth.815165/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Recently I acquired a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse It works perfectly well both on my Android tablet and on my old but efficient Netbook still running valiantly under XP SP Never a does work Mouse not Bluetooth desktop on Win 10 problem in pairing the mouse on these two machines and no problem either with the Logitech Bluetooth portable keyboard K which is a Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop real marvel in its own right On the Android Lollipop tablet Bluetooth is built in while the built-in Bluetooth feature on the Netbook gave up some time ago but was replaced by a dongle Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop which does its job without a hiccup So far so good On my desktop running on Windows which has no built-in Bluetooth capability but the Bluetooth quot service quot coming with Windows I use the same dongle as on the Netbook With the Logitech keyboard mentioned above no problem whatsoever Bluetooth quot sees quot it immediately and pairs it in seconds - so there is certainly nothing wrong either with the dongle or with pairing a device or the Bluetooth drivers and softwares which came with the dongle or with the Windows Bluetooth properties which are correctly started and functioning It's the Microsoft Mouse that presents an apparently intractable problem on that same desktop When activating the Mouse so that it can be detected when one wants to add a device it is quot seen quot almost immediately It is when wanting to pair the device to the machine that the problem arises The pairing as such takes a far longer time than it normally does and when that operation concludes I get error messages saying either that the mouse did not send the correct pairing code OR that it did not send a pairing reaction at all So this is quite mysterious Having a device that functions perfectly well with other machines and not at all on my powerful desktop while it can be detected and while other devices function normally I guess that the problem resides with that quot code quot However Windows does not ask for it and Microsoft says that the mouse does not need one - which makes things even more strange since it mentions a code when the pairing misfires Attached some screenshots They are in Dutch language of my Win OS but the images speak for themselves The error message on the rd screenshot says quot Communication with Bluetooth device has failed No pairing reaction received quot Sometimes after bootup the error message says failure but quot Bluetooth device sends wrong code quot I wonder if someone will find a solution to this riddle Best haku

A:Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop

I have 2 Notebooks with Bluetooth and find that having their own mouse works much better/more reliably than switching 1 mouse from one to the other. I also have a Bluetooth mouse on my MacBook Pro. Two of the mice are from Microsoft and the third is from Targus. I also have a Bluetooth dongle on a Win7 computer for pairing my phone and PDA. It is important to have the drivers for the Bluetooth dongle. The Notebook Bluetooth adapters are part of the Wi-Fi adapter.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39649-bluetooth-mouse-does-not-work-win-10-desktop.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I have a Cirago bta-3210 usb bluetooth radio and I had the Toshiba driver stack installed on my desktop but I would always use the windows file transfer wizard or drivers instead. Then I downgraded from SP3 to SP2 and now only the Toshiba Drivers and file transfer utility works. Whenever I try to use the windows file transfer, it just says file couldn't be sent because the connection could not be established. And when I go to the windows bluetooth device manager and go to the hardware tab, nothing shows.

Can you guys help me make the windows bluetooth drivers work again? It's really annoying and complicated to use the toshiba file transfer anyways because even if your phone is paired to you pc, you still have to put it in discovery mode and have to let the program search for the phone instead of picking it off of a list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-bluetooth-drivers-dont-work.800153/
Relevancy 46.01%

i have a usb bluetooth but it doesnt work because i don't have the software for it i looked everywhere for it on the internet and couldn't find one for my type of bluetooth.

its a blue tooth usb class 1.

i don't know if these might help but it says it on the back of the usb :
p/n:usbbtca1a-b
s/n:05022500457

thank you very much

Haidar

A:I need software to make my bluetooth usb work

http://www.driverguide.com

Does this blue tooth have a name and model? Is it a phone device or headphones, or something else? The part number you give doesn't have any results when googled. Are you sure you posted the correct one. You can get more help if you are more specific in your posts. Julio made us stop using crystal balls to answer posts. <g>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-software-to-make-my-bluetooth-usb-work.116247/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I am having trouble getting my Bluetooth adapter to work Notes The drivers install fine on both Windows Pro and Windows Pro The Bluetooth adapter is correctly installed on the motherboard and should be working because My adapter Bluetooth wont work it shares with the wifi card and I have wifi Windows update fails to find the drivers for the device Windows acknowledges the presence of a SM Bus Controller but says the drivers are not installed correctly My Bluetooth adapter wont work Drivers were installed from the motherboard manufacturers website http www gigabyte com products pro px pid ov The drivers on Windows Pro don t actually install Upon completion of the installation the installer then prompts me to reboot I do and when Windows starts up again I can install the drivers again as if they were never installed Also at the beginning of the installation Windows makes the device connected disconnected sound as if I it My Bluetooth adapter wont work disconnects the Bluetooth and then reconnects it This is really annoying me I would like to connect my phone and tablet but alas cannot Oh and there s all this stuff to help you guys The Windows is a fresh install from minutes ago OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Its meant to say MB Hard Drives B Total - MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS415M, running on Windows XP...
I have a bluetooth headset that i want to use for Skype but not sure how to get it to work... I have a bluetooth USB dongle, I have searched, found + connected the bluetooth headset, but dont know how to set it up so that I can use it...My sound is still playing through my laptop, and when I try to change audio from default device there is no option to change to my headset.... Is it compatible? Anyone know how I can set this up to use with skype etc?

Thanks alot for any help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-bluetooth-headset-to-work-with-laptop.805567/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've got an HP nc6400 running Windows XP Pro. It's got the HP Integrated Module with 2.0 Bluetooth installed. I've verified that bluetooth is enabled in the BIOS. Whenever I use the My Bluetooth Places, I get an error message 'No local bluetooth device found'. When I look at nearby devices on my Palm, I see my laptop with a name of XXXXXX. I cannot detect any devices from my laptop. I also do not get a bluetooth icon on the taskbar. I've downloaded and re-installed the drivers that HP posts for the integrated wireless module to no avail. I also show that bluetooth is enabled via the HP Wireless Assistant. I'm at a loss. Anyone dealt with this before?