Windows Support Forum

HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Q: HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Hi everybody i need your help i have hp z600 workstation but when start doesnn't show anything i change procesor ram graphic card but same problem didnt show anything in scren can anybody know what is to happen with my pc ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Do the system fans start to spin after you hit the power button ?Does the workstation not beep and blink red ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-doesn-t-show-anythink/td-p/5571295
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi, Description explains it all, I've been thinking of replacing my current HDD for a SSD. I haven't done much researching on this myself but thought I would check here just encase there's any known issues/pit falls with installing a ssd into z600 workstation, I will be looking at adding a 1TB ssd. 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ? 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations? 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks? Any info would be appreciated, Griff

Solved!
View Solution.

A:installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SATA III into my z600..and it works perfectly. Installed it last week and have been installing programs and having general use from it with no problems. I wanted to test it properly before posting a response. It could be possible that i experience issues with it later, but I would of thought that if it had any issues I would know about it by now. My SSD reads at 282 MB/s and writes at 270 MB/s - Random Read 51612 (IOPS) Random Write (IOPS) 47395. Being a SATA II gen workstation its not reaching the SSD's full potential at 540/520 Mb/s read write but from what I've read you wouldn't even notice the difference its so fast.. and I agree  CC suite, mozilla, (haven't installed 3dsmax yet) all boot in seconds compared to minutes on old HDD. Just to note I didn't use a HP recovery disk to reinstall OS. I used an official windows 7 .iso and booted from USB (even though it some has some useful things, i didn't want HP bloatware) Drivers installed perfectly without a hitch. Windows serial on bottom of tower  1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ?" Via Scott's comments, look for the 'needs-tool' version in the post's above, mine cost 8.50 and takes all of 5 seconds to fit the ssd to the z600. I wouldn't sugguest buying the tool-less version.. unless you have no hands and lots of money." 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations?"Yes they're HP approved SSDs detailed in the post's above, but I've had no issue with consumer grade SSD, but you roll the dice with which brand. The Samsung EVO 500gb, no problems. You can use SATA III ssd's but you can get issues as warned by HP as their firmware doesn't support some types (so basically if it doesn't work they wont help you) ". 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks?"Make sure your BIOS is set to RAID+AHCI (Mine was already setup like this). I used the samsung magician tool after install and it will say that your PC is not set to AHCI, but i just ignore it. As long as BIO's and firmware are up to date you will be fine. Use a blindmate formfactor to install the ssd (see above posts). Make sure you get the latest firmware on a usb before you install SSD, it should be the first thing to check after installing the SSD. You don't need to change SATA cables from II to III as the cables are backwards compatible.. either way having a SATA III in a z600 will just limit you to SATA II speeds (which compared to a normal HDD are ridiculously quick). Just plug-in and install OS. It may be worth reading up on SSD optimistation, the samsung magician advises some things to do but not all neccessary, its either lifespan over performance.. defintely worth reading up on, if this is your first SSD as it was for me."  Hands down best upgrade i've done to my workstation, and very simple to do. I'm glad I waited for better support and for the cost to go down on SSD's before using them. Want to say a big thanks to Scott Harrison for his help on this subject. I pestered him lots but have really appreciated his guidance! cheers Scott and anyone else who posted help.  Enjoy your SSD, I will.  Griff

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/installing-a-SSD-into-Z600-Workstation/td-p/5081717
Relevancy 79.98%

I would like to know if the Z600 will support the 3.1 USB adapter card and if so, what do I need for an installation?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

Agree.... that card should work in a Z600, but will it work to the USB 3.1 10Gbps speed standard?     No. The HP Z600 workstation has no PCIe generation 3 slots.  It has 3 PCIe Gen2 slots, 1 PCIe Gen1 slot, and 2 PCI slots.  Below is a link to the HP page describing the Z600's slots: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01719695 Here is a note from StarTech regarding their card's speeds, emphasis added:  "The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface.  PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.  The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports." These USB 3.0/USB 3.1 PCIe cards generally need power supplementation.... the +5VDC they need does not come up from the slot, but it is easy to find a 4-wire "molex" peripheral-to-SATA power adapter which can provide you the higher wattage 5VDC they need to meet potential power draws (versus what USB 2.0 needs).  All this info came from research figuring out how to add the Texas Instruments based HP USB 3.0 card to our xw6600 workstations, which have 2 PCIe Gen2 slots (the rest are Gen1).  Z620 gives you some PCIe Gen3 slots.... slots 2,4 and 5. Here's the Z600 slots diagram:   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Usb-3-1-adapter-in-a-Z600-workstation/td-p/5693335
Relevancy 79.12%

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERRDiagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-203-207-Memory-Fault/td-p/5829718
Relevancy 78.26%

We have a Z at my workplace which powers off unexpectedly after some time usually a few hours I have not been able to catch it happening but I come back to the machine and it is powered down nbsp I have done a bit of investigation so far but have not been able to get to the root of the problem - Updated bios problem still occurs I saw mention of bios updates fixing an unexpected poweroff problem - Checked temperatures during stress testing seem normal rules out heat problems - Tried removing extra HDs still get poweroff I suspected bad power supply - Tried MemTest still get poweroff indicates that it is not an OS software problem I have not seen any failures detected by memtest - Looked blink codes on the Z600 Troubleshoot workstation: poweroff unexpected LED on the back of the PSU after a shutdown LED does not blink nbsp I got this info from here nbsp http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c N F My next step nbsp would be to try swapping the power supply from another known working Z machine which we have nbsp It looks like a straightforward operation although the machines have different CPU configurations CPUs in Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff the problematic machine vs CPU in the Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff good machine - perhaps the capacities are different nbsp Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps to take before I nbsp put it in for service nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Troubleshoot-Z600-workstation-unexpected-poweroff/td-p/5727701
Relevancy 78.26%

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,  My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance?  I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 77.4%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi.Our brand new HP Z600 workstation running win srv 2008 rebooted after only couple of weeks with the following output from bios level screen:System reset caused by CATERR.927 - Fatal error on dimm in slot CPU0 DIMM1ECC Error on read operation What does this mean and how can we prevent this from happening in the future ? ThanksSergey

A:Z600 workstation reboots: system reset caused by CATERR

Having the a similar caterr error message.Did you recieve any response? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-workstation-reboots-system-reset-caused-by-CATERR/td-p/157403
Relevancy 65.79%

I have a Z600 that came with an REV #003 motherboard and two X5670 CPU's. The board went bad and I replaced it with a REV #001, not realizing that it won't run X56xx chips. So I then purchased two X5570 CPU's and put them in. When I boot, I get a series of 8 beeps, and an error message that the BIOS is corrupt. So I created a BIOS recovery disc and flashed the machine as per the instructions. I then unplug the power cord (as opposed to powering down first), wait 5 seconds and plug it back in a power up. I then get the 8 beeps and the error message just like nothing has been done to fix it. Is it possible that trying to run X56xx chips on that board fried something? Is there a way to reset it? What should I try next? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-Bios-Image-Corrupt-ROM-flash-doesn-t-work/td-p/5599283
Relevancy 58.05%

I installed the SATA drive. Formatted it. Assigned it a letter. It won't show up in My Computer, but I can access it by typing in the drive letter in Windows Explorer and when I do this it comes up under My Computer in the "Folders" side pane

Data writes and reads from the drive fine.

I've tried formatting it and deleting the partition and creating a new one.

What the **** is goin on?

A:Drive doesn't show up in my computer, but does show up in disk manager.

nobody?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/drive-doesnt-show-up-in-my-computer-but-does-show-up-in-disk-manager-232875.html
Relevancy 55.9%

everytime i plug my zen into my computer or my Storage device it only connect for a little while

also my Missies ipod wont evin connect at all anymore it starting to get really Annoying tryed loads of Way to fix it reinstilling driver, unpluging the plug to reset ports, turned the power saveing off and it still not working

Dose anyone have a Fix?

thanks for ya time

Robert

A:Usb Port wont read anythink i plug in or it keep Disconnecting

Go to Device Manager and check each Hub and see how much power you are using.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/120841-usb-port-wont-read-anythink-i-plug-keep-disconnecting.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello to everybody after resize the volumes of my workstation that uses a raid- configuration with the mini tool partition doesn't the a after volume resize boot anymore of Workstation raid software i am no able Workstation doesn't boot anymore after a resize of the raid volume to boot the system The system has a gb primary partition and a gb secondary partition that i have reduced in order to give more space to the C drive Everything goes well but after days the system crashes and after that the system recovery starts automatically because there is a system recovery partition inside my hard disks The startup recovery cannot Workstation doesn't boot anymore after a resize of the raid volume resolve anything it works for days and i have to shut down the pc from the power button in order to end the startup recovery After that i have tried with the windows dvd this gives me the following results -repair action File repair result failed Error code x Time taken ms -Repair action Boot configuration data restore repair Result Failed Error code Workstation doesn't boot anymore after a resize of the raid volume x Time taken ms -Repair action System restore Result Completed succesfully Error code x Time taken ms The system restore doesn't work even if it is shown that it has to be succesful and if i do it manually the system cannot restore the system at the previous restore point Then i have tried with the bootrec in the command prompt trying to fix the mbr and the bcd but also this options doesn't work for my case nbsp I if list the volumes inside the disk with diskpart i see that the c and d partition are marked with a rebuild flag in the status bar Have you any suggest for me in order to solve my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff3ba5d3-cc67-4821-9d46-ce4f22725a50/workstation-doesnt-boot-anymore-after-a-resize-of-the-raid-volume?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.88%

So I rebooted the win7 workstation went to login to it normally with the users credentials and it acts like its a new user login everything is default all pst's, docs, favs, everything is gone . If you browse the windows explorer you can see there are other similar profiles that it looks like used to be . What would happen if I tried to rename a user in Active directory?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-workstation-on-domain-network-rebooted-workstation-and-login-is-all-gone-572631.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all I'm working on a machine that doesn't start up It just beeps three times and restarts repeatedly but doesn't show anything on screen I opened the case and found that the model of mobo is quot msi h m-e b quot The installed operating system in but it even doesn't show the mobo's details screen Some time ago I changed the slot of the RAM that is I put the RAM into another slot of the mobo The problem solved at the time but after these few days this problem appeared again If the RAM is faulty so changing the slot should not solve the issue not Now I changed the slot of the RAM again computer started without any beeps but it doesn't show anything I checked the VGA to monitor cable but it seems to be fine There are only two slots for RAM I tested the two but in neither the PC shows something I put out the RAM the CPU fan is running and the PC is turned on and works without any beep and again without any display Is the RAM faulty

A:PC doesn't show anything

Very likely.
You can check to see if there is dust or hair in the slots or if there is damage or corrosion on the RAM stick.
But if the RAM is not working you will get no video.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/341528-pc-doesnt-show-anything.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello everyone,

I just installed W7 and everything so far seems to be working fine but for some reason I can't access my second HD. I have my main; a 250gb SATA divided into 2 partitions, 1 for Vista and the other for Windows 7. The second drive is a 160gb ATA (PATA) drive and it doesn't even show up at all in My Computer. Anyone have any suggestions? When I boot into Vista it shows up, but not under W7. I really need to have access to it since it's where I store all my program installation files and music.

Thanks in advance

A:HD doesn't show up

Can you post a snippet of Disk Management? I have a theory....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/815-hd-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all,

My RAM took a dump, but luckily I had a lifetime warantee on it. So while I got a replacement, I also bought another 512mb as well to bring up my total to a gig. After I installed it and booted up, I went to my system menu and it only registered 512mb. My computer "seems" a bit faster with opening programs and such (even booting up seemed quicker), or maybe it's just me.
Is this a known problem? Or should it show all the RAM that is installed.

WinXP Home
MSI Board (845max)
Intel P4 2.0 Ghz

PaveFE

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all doesn't show PC anything I m working on a machine that doesn t start up It just beeps three times and restarts repeatedly but doesn t show anything on screen I opened the case and found that the model of mobo is quot msi h m-e b quot The PC doesn't show anything installed operating system in but it even doesn t show the mobo s details screen Some time ago I changed the slot of the RAM that is I put the RAM into another slot of the mobo The problem solved at the time but after these few days this problem appeared again If the RAM is faulty so changing the slot should not solve the issue not Now I changed the slot of the RAM computer started without any beeps but it doesn t show anything I checked the VGA to monitor cable but it seems to be fine There are only two slots for RAM I tested the two but in neither the PC shows something I put out the RAM the CPU fan is running and the PC is turned on and works without any beep and again without any display Is the RAM faulty nbsp

A:PC doesn't show anything

When you take out all the RAM, the motherboard should give continuous beeps. If it doesn't, the motherboard is bad...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-show-anything.204475/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a Dell Dimension 4600, WinXP, SP2, a Sony CD-RW CRX216E that used to burn cds fine but now it won't. It reads cds ok.

I read something about a Record tab in the CD drive properties? I couldn't find one so am wondering if the system is not seeing it correctly or if it's just bad?

I tried Microsofts little program to check the device drivers and it said they're all okey dokey.
I tried going thru the Device manager and uninstalling the driver there, auto detect found the cd but still looks the same.

I tried the "Fix Missing CD in XP or 2K.zip " I saw on another thread. I tried Dell and ran thru a self test.

I don't know if the drive is just bad or something else?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a very "Strange" situation. I had my 465gb Verbatim USB flashdrive plugged into my XP Pro & forgot it was plugged in so I rebooted. In the process of it rebooting, the loosely connected connecting cable fell off disconnecting it.
Once it booted back up, I reconnected it but now it don't exist on the XP. Don't show up in my computer nor when I click the "safe to remove" icon yet I hesitantly plugged it in my W7 & it shows & everything is good.
Did I mess something up on my XP?

A:USB flashdrive doesn't show up in XP

learninmypc said:

I have a very "Strange" situation. I had my 465gb Verbatim USB flashdrive plugged into my XP Pro & forgot it was plugged in so I rebooted. In the process of it rebooting, the loosely connected connecting cable fell off disconnecting it.
Once it booted back up, I reconnected it but now it don't exist on the XP. Don't show up in my computer nor when I click the "safe to remove" icon yet I hesitantly plugged it in my W7 & it shows & everything is good.
Did I mess something up on my XP?Click to expand...

I've run scans (Avast,mbam & SAS) on it & they came up clean.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flashdrive-doesnt-show-up-in-xp.190220/
Relevancy 48.59%

when i turn on my pc it doesn't show anything on screen like manufacturer logo, bios info, system infos

my monitor goes like stand by

i check my monitor its not defective
it doesnt have virus
i didnt overclocked it and sured it is properly cooled (39-45 C)

my cpu spec:
Pentium 4 1.8 ghz
512 mb DDR ram
no v-card
acer mobo & case

A:PC doesn't show anything on screen

I'd start here with these troubleshooting steps:

Troubleshoot monitor and video card problems

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/267133-pc-doesnt-show-anything-screen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Re-loaded a Compaq desktop model EP/SB. Afterward win 95 appears void of any CD-ROM reader references (device Manager, My Computer, Add/ remove hardware or software, Win95 explorer). Am not confident playing with files as outlined by some in old threads ((closely)) related to my dilemma.

Will expound, help appreciated,

Sincerely;

ankleswet

Relevancy 48.59%

This morning i wake up and when i go to use my laptop i see the screen isn't showing and i don't know here to start because this has never happened to me.

P.S I have had this laptop for a while

A:Screen doesn't show up!

If you never see a thing on the screen, then there is a good chance the video chip has died.

What brand and model of laptop so I can read the manual and see what Function key toggles the display on and off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-doesnt-show-up.1159888/
Relevancy 48.59%

Yeah so like i just came home the other day and everything red is either a really dark red, grey, or just black. I did a system restore to 5 days ago and i reset my moniter settings to default does anyone know whats going on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/red-doesnt-show-properly-246050.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I Logged onto my computer this morning and instead of getting the normal taskbar and being able to do what I want, my Libraries folder popped up and I got no taskbar. I can't use any keys or shortcuts on my keyboard. Only the mouse and open programs through the folder window. There was no error message in the booting process and it was fine last night. Please help, I have no idea what to do! It sucks

A:HELP PLEASE... Taskbar doesn't show!

Right click where the task bar should be and see if you can change properties.

**EDIT**

Do you have a start button?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/113393-help-please-taskbar-doesnt-show.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,Can you please help. I have downloaded some programmes that come with English subtitle. And when I want to watch it back on MPC-HC the subtitle sometime don't show with some of the programes is there anything I can do to solve this??

A:MPC-HC doesn't always show subtitle.

This helped someone:"In MPC-HC go to options, playback, and make sure the boxes for auto load audio files and auto load subtitles are checked"Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/mpchc-doesnt-always-show-subtitle/203572.html
Relevancy 48.59%

HI,
I have a pavilion pc with XP SP2 and have bought an MP3 player.
When I plug it in, the player is detected OK and is installed. It appears in the device manager and the controller is working correctly, but I cannot see it in explorer.
I have checked the HP web site for motherboard updates, but they do not list any for this PC.
Any ideas anyone?
Cheers, DT

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey

I'm having an issue with my home wifi. It works fine on all devices except my pc (which was also working fine till last night).
However my home network doesn't show up on my pc even tho I can see my neighbours networks. I've done a hard router reset, and have reinstalled the adapter driver, and have done a system restore, but its still not working.

I'm on windows 8.1 and my wifi adapter is tp link.

Thanks for your time

A:Wifi doesn't show up

lets see an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-doesnt-show-up.1159990/
Relevancy 48.59%

Certain flash applications don't seem to work in my internet browsers. I've installed and reinstalled flash multiple times but it still doesn't work. Does anyone know what I can do?

A:Flash doesn't show up

How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX controlhttp://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199105/flash-doesnt-show-up/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running XP SP2 with IE 6.0.2900.2180-XPSP_sp2.
Since I upgraded I cannot see the interactive buttons (the buttons on the left that link to other pages) on several websites that were published with Front Page 2003. When I log on, I see the blocks where the buttons are but no text and they are not active. I have 3 other computers on this network and they all work just fine, but they have not been updated to SP 2, which makes me think it's something in the program. Of course, one cannot go back to the old IE 6 because one cannot uninstall the new one. I hope someone else has run into this problem and found the answer.
Thanks

A:IE 6 SP2 doesn't show buttons

Fully enable Java and the buttons will all show.
mrlou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-sp2-doesnt-show-buttons.279212/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, first, i am sorry for my english, it isn't very good. second, there's a problem and i don't know what to do lets say i want to delete something and this happens: right click on a file, press delete and file is deleted. but this problem exists only with files which were in my computer, before i installed windows. can someone tell me how to enable "confirmation tab" (i don't know how to call it ) by the way on one drive appeared folder named "1a47a021c2d97d68c4f8ad", which contains several strange folders. can i delete this folder? thanx for help

A:Windows doesn't show yes/no tab

Quote: Originally Posted by nemis

Hi, first, i am sorry for my english, it isn't very good. second, there's a problem and i don't know what to do lets say i want to delete something and this happens: right click on a file, press delete and file is deleted. but this problem exists only with files which were in my computer, before i installed windows. can someone tell me how to enable "confirmation tab" (i don't know how to call it ) by the way on one drive appeared folder named "1a47a021c2d97d68c4f8ad", which contains several strange folders. can i delete this folder? thanx for help

Try this:

Recycle Bin Delete Confirmation - Turn On or Off

1) Right-click the Recycle Bin, then select "Properties"
2) Make sure that Display delete confirmation dialog" is checked
3) Click OK

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/127965-windows-doesnt-show-yes-no-tab.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So I went to a computer tech store , to get it fixed and they suggested to get more Video ram, so I got 256MB more ( I had 512 before)

I used Sart > Run > "dxdiag" > Display and it still says 512.

I also tried Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Adapter

and it says its only 512 MB there too.

(I didn't open a processor yet to check it there)

So you think I got scammed? or its not suppose to show up , when you add more Vram?

A:Vram doesn't show up

You can't add RAM to a video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vram-doesnt-show-up.994342/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have two problems:
On my desktop, I can't get My Network Places to show up (yes, it's checked in the Properties), either on the Desktop or in Exploring Windows. I do have sharing turned on to share with my desktop. Do not remember ever turning off My Network Places. [Note: this has been an ongoing problem, but I haven't worried about it because I could do everything I needed from my laptop.]

Second, and recent, problem is that my laptop is no longer seeing the shared folders on my desktop or external drive (it did a few days ago). My wireless connection is excellent. I had the laptop shut down for a period of time, but that's never had any effect previously.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-doesnt-show-up.703391/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just installed a new Hard Drive alongside the present one. It shows up in System Information and the Device Manager, (which says it is functioning properly) but not in My Computer. In the Device Manager, the line for enable/disable is grayed out. It's the same as the old drive and seems to use the same drivers, I did a search for updated drivers, none found. When I started the computer after the install, I got a ballon saying "New Hardware Found", but I wasn't prompted to do anything.

What am I missing here?

Relevancy 48.59%

Windows 7 has it's own 80gb harddrive but i have another HDD with Ubuntu 9.10 in a 20GB partition and a sharedNTFS in the remaining 130~ GB.

The NTFS partition used to show up in 'My Computer' fine, but after re-installing Ubuntu 9.10 it doesn't. (NO i have not erased the entire disc as i can still access it in Ubuntu and it has all my files etc on)

Any ideas on how to get it to show up? it's even missing from the disc manager.

A:Partition doesn't show up

Linux uses a different file system other than Windows' standard of NTFS. Linux uses ext2, ext3.

This normally can not work with Windows. It's been a long time for me since I played around with Unix based OSes, but there may be some kind of patch or software you can run to help you mount the Linux partition from within Windows. Google is a good resource to find what you need, if it exists.

Good luck and let us know if this helped.

Edit: I found this. Seems promising. http://www.howtoforge.com/access-lin...s-from-windows

Try the third option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33929-partition-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I connected the TV out from a GeForce MX4000 videocard to the TV video input with a RCA video cable.The desktop shows on the TV screen but the movie doesn't eventhough it shows on the monitor.Need advice.The video card output is S-Video.Would it work only if the TV has a S-Video input?Thanks.

A:DVD image doesn't show on TV

Welcome to the world of DRM (Digital Rights Management). It's been deemed by the higher powers that allowing the PC video to output from DVD's will result in illegal copies, so the video drivers inhibit that capability.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-image-doesnt-show-on-tv.346584/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

I'm not sure if my computer is infected or not, but IE9 takes a very long time to open up and then it hangs with a blank page. My system runs on Windows 7 home 64-bit with IE9 and Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus scanner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:IE doesn't show a webpage

Hi, mtdar! I'm going to try to help you out. TDSSKillerI need you to run a scan using TDSSKiller.Download TDSSKiller from here, and save it to your desktop.Double click the file to launch the program. Once the program starts, click Start Scan. Don't change any default scan settings.Once the scan is finished, you'll find a log in your root drive (usually C: ) that will start with TDSS in the file name, please copy and paste it into your reply.MalwarebytesI need you to run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.Download MBAM from here, and save it to your desktop.Double-click the installer to run it. During the installation, simply follow the prompts and let the program install. However, if you do not want to start a trial of the full version, please decline, and if offered any external toolbars/programs, feel free to uncheck to install them, unless you want them.Once the program is done installing and updating, select the Perform full scan option on the main interface. The click the Scan button, hit Scan, and let the scan run.Once the scan is finished, a log will pop up. If any malware was found, click the Show Results button, and make sure everything present is checked and click Remove Selected. If MBAM asks you to reboot, do so immediately. Either way, please copy and paste the log into your reply. If your PC is rebooted, you can find the log by opening up MBAM and going to the Logs tab.AdwCleanerI need you to run AdwCleaner to see if it removes anything.Download AdwCleaner from here, and save it to your desktop.Close all open programs.Open the file on your desktop, and click the Delete button. Confirm operations at every prompt. Your PC will be rebooted after the final prompt.Once rebooted, a text file will open up. Please copy and paste it into your reply.RogueKillerI need you to run RogueKiller to see if it removes anything.Download RogueKiller from here, and save it to your desktop.Close all open programs.Double click the file on your desktop. Once the automatic check completes, hit the Scan button.Once the full scan has finished, click on the Delete button. Once it's done removing things, open the newest log on your desktop (should be called RKreport[2].txt) and copy and paste it into your reply.Please tell me how your computer is running in your next reply.Gunto

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480733/ie-doesnt-show-a-webpage/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a ASUS P4P800 Motherboard and I have updated my drivers. I will boot up the first time and my Memorex DVD Drive will show. If I reboot it just disappears. Any suggestions?

A:DVD Drive Doesn't Show

Can you relate the onset to the installation or removal of hardware or software?

Which drivers did you update?

Which version of Windows are you running? Which service pack?

Boot to safe mode. Does the drive appear? Reboot to safe mode. Does the drive appear?

Do you have a bootable CD / DVD? For example the installation disk for XP or Vista? Will your computer recognize the disk during the boot process?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-doesnt-show.739992/
Relevancy 48.59%

My mate gave me an old HDD of his, a Seagate baracuda 7200rpm 80GB. This disk had linux installed on it before the computer it was on fried. I have plugged it in, and although I can see the disk in a linux disk explorer, it does not show up in windows, probably because it is the wrong format. I have since tried to format it to HFS+ for mac, but that didnt work either. How can I now format this disk to NFTS (thats what windows uses right?)(for the time being) so that I can see the disk in windows?

A:HDD doesn't show up in windows

Right click on "My Computer" and then click on "Manage." Next go to "Disk Management." At this point you should be able to see the drive in question. Now right click on the drive you want to forrmat and click on Format.

If you still can't see the drive go into the bios and see if it shows up in there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/176696-hdd-doesnt-show-up-windows.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there!
Few days ago I wanted to install some software from a CD. I inserted the disc and nothing happened.
Then I checked under My Computer and I saw that the DVD drive is missing from there. After that I checked Device Manager, didn't see a DVD drive under there either. I did some research, found a fix where I had do edit registry, deleting "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" or something like that. I tried to do that, but when I found the key in registry, I didn't see those "filters". I haven't found any other fixes so I thought I'll ask for your help here. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

A:DVD drive doesn't show up

Quote: Originally Posted by flaggoz

Hello there!
Few days ago I wanted to install some software from a CD. I inserted the disc and nothing happened.
Then I checked under My Computer and I saw that the DVD drive is missing from there. After that I checked Device Manager, didn't see a DVD drive under there either. I did some research, found a fix where I had do edit registry, deleting "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" or something like that. I tried to do that, but when I found the key in registry, I didn't see those "filters". I haven't found any other fixes so I thought I'll ask for your help here. Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

Have you checked the cables and connectors? It could be something simple like a loose/faulty SATA cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384417-dvd-drive-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've noticed on every XP and Vista computer, when I check the memory stats in the task manager, that computers with 4 GB of physical memory usually show up as around 3.3GB of physical memory in Windows Task Manager (Performance).

Anyone know why this is ?
Is Windows XP/Vista not fully utilizing 4 GB of physical memory ?

A:4 GB of memory doesn't show up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...am-141725.html this thread discusses that issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/4-gb-of-memory-doesnt-show-up-148909.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I enter in Computer nothing is shown. The adress bar is loading but nothing happens,there is a search icon on every left item (favorites,libraries,homegroup,computer) and the cursor changes to please wait.
If i type for example c: in the adress bar it takes me there but it looks very weird. Some folders don't even have an icon, it's just a blank space and the rest look default even though i had custom icons for some of them.
Another strange think is that the computer sometimes freezes for 1-2 second without explications and browsing the folders is just awkard, it's sometimes fast and sometimes very slow.
If i restart the computer it works for a while but then it starts acting like above.
Please help

A:Computer doesn't show anything

To be able to have any insight into the problems, It is necessary to know a bit more...when you installed to system, did you do a clean install? Sometimes, when an update install has been done, it will cause problems later. When did these problems appear...did it correlate with any particular change or update that was made? If so, going back to a restore point just prior to when this started happening might help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/59226-computer-doesnt-show-anything.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hello i need my PC to show Dos and bios on my HDTV at the moment i can only see the display after windows screen up i use only screen-my HDTV my PC connected to the PC show my Dos HDTV. doesn't on HDTV PC doesn't show Dos on my HDTV. with HDMI to PC doesn't show Dos on my HDTV. HDMI cable sometimes when i booting it i can see only a black screen No Signal message for ever i guess that is due to static electricity and nothing apear's on the screen then i need to shut down the PC doesn't show Dos on my HDTV. PC unplug the supply hit power button for sec or so then reboot the PC and plug regular PC Monitor screen to see whats apear's on dos bios for boot my PC again then after windows go up-i can swap the display back to my HDTV if i wont swap the screen remains all the time with the HDTV screen the PC remains on a black screen for ever the HDTV inputs No Signal message this is my questions why cant i see dos on the HDTV what can i do to see it how can i solve the static energy problems thanks for help

A:PC doesn't show Dos on my HDTV.

This question belongs in the External Hardware forums.
Please post over there as that's where those experts hang out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597495/pc-doesnt-show-dos-on-my-hdtv/
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows 7 doesn't show how much memory is used by all the deleted files.
In Windows XP you just open the the recycle Bin and the ram used is there.

How I find the size used by th recycled files in Windows 7?

Relevancy 48.59%

I posted in malware logs but don't see it after 1 hr. Should the post show or will it take 3 days? Or maybe the upload was not successful? I did not receive email confirmation.

A:Post doesn't show??

It's there: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic433408.html/

Since that is a very busy forum it moves pages quickly. The malware team works from a queue so they will see it reagrless. You will get a reply, Please be patient.

If you want to quickly check on all your topics or replies, go to your member name in the upper right corner and click the arrow. There is a pull down menu. Choose My Content.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433407/post-doesnt-show/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey,

In the past week my show desktop icon has not been working. I have tried the XP fix as described by microsoft and on other forums, but it hasn't worked. Do ya'll have any suggestions? I haven't done any installs lately and I have done a complete virus scan.

Thanks

A:Show Desktop Doesn't Work

If you think you haven't changed anything, do a system restore to a date before your problem started.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276660-show-desktop-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 48.16%

In Microsoft Edge my history does not show. How do I fix this so it shows?
Thanks
Darryl

A:Why doesn't Edge show my history

You could try 'clearing all history' (I know it sounds weird considering you have no history) and although this'll get rid of your top sites you will be able to see your internet history when you start to visit sites.
Hope this helps!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/433975-why-doesnt-edge-show-my-history.html
Relevancy 48.16%

2 days ago when I was cleaning my computer from inside from dust, and when i connected everything back (I didn't pull out any of the components) my monitor went blank, and only the brown light was shining. Then I disconnected the graphics card and put it back in. All the same, my graphics card still works, but I had to connect the monitor to the motherboard integrated card. When my system booted up (Windows 7 Ultimate), in devices and printers tab, under the computer icon was a yellow questionmark, saying that the PCI memory controller misses drivers, but it can't find them on the Internet. My MB is AMD 690v , and my graphics card is ATI HD 4670. What should I do? PLEASE HELP ASAP. Thanks.

A:Monitor doesn't show picture!

You motherboard may contain that AMD chipset but that is not the motherboard make and model. You need to identify the motherboard make and model and go to the motherboard manufacturer's website to find drivers for it. You would go to ATI's website for graphics drivers if you ever need them.

That said, you shouldn't suddenly be missing these drivers. Did you take precautions against static electricity discharge while you were cleaning the insides of the PC? Hopefully reinstallation of the motherboard drivers will be enough.

By the way connecting your monitor to the integrated graphics does not mean your Radeon HD 4670 card still works. It only works if your monitor is plugged into the 4670 and you get a normal output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-show-picture.145384/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'd like to associate my music player with mp3 files, but its not listed in defaults, or associate files...mp2 is there, but no mp3. Also see win media player listed in defaults, but not my program (Jaangle)
How do I fix this ?

TY

PS I did use regedit to search to see if Jaangle was registered and its there.

A:default prog doesn't show mp3

OK, got it ! Did a rightclick on an mp3 file/properties/changed the open with and added Jaangle to the list of programs, now it displays the mp3 icon on the file.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294624-default-prog-doesnt-show-mp3.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just built a computer and I have a 64GB Crucial M4 SSD as my primary drive and a 500GB WD Caviar Blue as my secondary drive. The issue is that Windows 7 doesn't recognize the WD Caviar Blue, only the SSD. Both the BIOS and the Device Manager recognize the WD Hard Drive it just doesn't show up in Windows 7.

A:Second Hard Drive Doesn't Show Up

Does it show up in Disk Management?? Can you assign a drive letter to it there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/181128-second-hard-drive-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

could you help me with my problem concerning my computer????

every time i start windows xp my desktop and my task bar doesn't show and my system automatically logs me out of my computer and when i log in again, it does the same.

what should i do now???

thanks guys....

A:windows xp desktop doesn't show

Have you tried this?

How to start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature
To start your computer by using the Last Known Good Configuration feature, follow these steps: 1. Start your computer.
2. When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press the F8 key.
3. When the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
4. If you are running other operating systems on your computer, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP, and then press ENTER.

Or try this.
If you can open taskmanager ctrl+alt+delete

start up the Windows XP Task Manager and select the Applications tab.

Now select the New Task button at the bottom of the window. A new smaller window will appear. In it simply type:

explorer.exe

explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager (or Windows Explorer.) It manages the Windows Graphical Shell including the Start menu, taskbar, desktop, and File Manager. By restarting this process the graphical interface for Windows will reappear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-desktop-doesnt-show.762514/
Relevancy 48.16%

1 day I noticed that when I hover over a .avi video file is doesnt display any information (only type and size). However if I hover over a .wmv file it shows type, bit rate, duration, dimensions, protection and size. (both - wmv and avi opens with WMP11)

So how do I get my Windows XP to show this info for my .avi files? I tried searching everywhere but couldnt find any settings for this. HALP!

A:Solved: avi duration doesn't show up

That may have been deleted from the registry. Removing it is a common fix for machines that lock up when an avi folder is opened. You are better off without it. Use music editing software to get avi details.

The fix is to go to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler

and create a new entry:

(Default) {87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}

Don't say I didn't warn you. If you have to use the switch to shut down your machine, don't forget to run chkdsk /f to repair the file system damage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-avi-duration-doesnt-show-up.895254/
Relevancy 48.16%

So basically I have a gb hard drive that has been working fine till yesterday I think it is a WD drive it is internal I have to hard drives in my windows xp The operating system is on the c drive but I added an internal drive to have more memory and use it mostly just for storage like music movies etc Yesterday I went to copy something from my desktop which is on the C drive into the F drive this is the add-on drive that is not working properly and it started copying but about half way through I got some errors and than the F drive disappeared from under my show doesn't drive Hard computer I restarted the computer but I got an error stating Hard drive doesn't show that this is not drive plugged in to SATA which was the location of the F drive After a while passed I restarted the computer again but this time it would load without an error but once it gets past the windows booting screen the screen would go blank and nothing will happen I ve ran the computers hard drive diagnostics and on the WD hard drive it just says fail but all the other drives and the cd-roms load fine The computer starts up fine with the F drive disconnected Could it be that the F drive crashed and is lost Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hard drive doesn't show

Could it be that the F drive crashed and is lost?Click to expand...

That's a possibility but if you haven't already, check the connections of the cables to make sure they aren't loose. If that doesn't do anything, try replacing the cable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-doesnt-show.146858/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've noticed that the dot-url part of the file name does not show in Windows Explorer for web link files/shortcuts even though I have Explorer set to show the entire name, including extensions.

Why is this exception made in Windows Explorer to only this one extension?

How can I correct this?

Relevancy 48.16%

I have an HP 8200 external cd writer. I only have one problem with it writing my downloaded mp3s. Sometimes I will download a song and it will not show up in my writer file so I can copy it . Doesn't happen all the time but I have checked the bit rate and the fact that they are stereo and they are o.k. but just will not show up.

A:CD Writer Doesn't show all mp3s

Hiya and welcome

First off, what is your OS? I take it that the software you're using is Adaptec Easy CD Copier. There are some updates to this drive, but we need your OS for this.

Also, for the mp3's, they may be downloaded to your Tempory Internet Files. Have you had alook in there to see if they have gone astray?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-writer-doesnt-show-all-mp3s.61270/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi there

just got a new windows 7 desktop pc and i connected to it my backup sata from my old pc (windows xp pro sp2)

i used the power cable from the cd/dvd/ drive to power it(hope it's not a prob) and i connected it to a sata port(tried all 3 that where available)
it shows up in device manager under disk drives and in bios and a pop message appeared in low right corner saying it's drivers have been installed succesfully. once inserted and started the pc
but not in my computer or disk management

any ideas making it usable or at least getting my data back? (have files in it don't want it formatted)

tnks in advance

A:Solved: Old sata doesn't show in new pc

two screens maybe they can help...

DEVICE DRIVERS INSTALLED BY WINDOWS :

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5530/60004425.jpg
DEVICE MANAGER, DISK MANAGMENT , MY COMPUTER, DEVICE PROPERTIES

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2022/11922327.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-sata-doesnt-show-in-new-pc.977171/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have just bought a WiFi Max to go online with my PSP I have installed the software that came with it but the PSP doesn t find it when I scan for an Access Point I think I might need to open the ZDWlan program but when I click to open it it loads but closes straight away Sometimes it doesn t load Zdwlan Load/show Doesn't up at all I have tried re-installing it but still no luck It does show in Task Manager using just under k in Memory Usage The main thing I want to do is to get ZDWlan program to show Could Zdwlan Doesn't Load/show someone help Thanks By the way the longer I leave it before trying to open it the more it seems to load EG I tried it a while ago and nothing happened after the egg timer appearing for second I left it for a while and just tried it and it appeared on the Taskbar but disappeared

A:Zdwlan Doesn't Load/show

codezunkies has a update for zdwlan which makes it load up because i had this problem. But then i useed the updated zdwlan it WORKED.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46630/zdwlan-doesnt-loadshow/
Relevancy 48.16%

My Lenovo laptop is P50 running Window 7 64-bit, when I tried to pair a bluetooth headphone with it, the headphone didn't show up in the laptop's bluetooth device list. Could you please help me out?
Device Manager's Bluetooth Radios has Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.

The iHome headphone's Spec says:" The product is compatible with any bluetooth devices that supports A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-Free, or Handset Profiles"

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/P50-Why-bluetooth-headphone-doesn-t-show-up-in-the-laptop-P50-s/td-p/3420371
Relevancy 48.16%

I wasn't sure where to put this since it happens in various instances...so it is going here! :)

Since last night, I've noticed that in Outlook and in various websites, when I type, nothing shows right away...it takes about 30 seconds or so before the text "catches up" to what I've typed. It is sooo frusterating!!!! But like on here, I am having no issues with it. MYSPACE is one place it has been sluggish...and on Yahoo mail...Outlook....

I don't get it. What's up with it???

Thanks for any insight! :)

A:Text doesn't show...delayed?

Can you swap out the keyboard to see if the problem is in the buffer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/text-doesnt-show-delayed-155801.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Have an Access 2000 report form that uses as one header the name of a person (the Reservee) entered into a table. The table is linked as the parent to a child table (the Manifest) that contains the names of all the people accompanying the Reservee (and displays in the Detail section). Problem is, if there is ONLY a Reservee, and no one is entered as coming with them, THE REPORT FORM SHOWS NO DATA; i.e., it opens as though there's no record.

If I enter ANYTHING, like a single period (.) in any field in the Manifest table, then the report works correctly.

What's wrong?

A:Solved: Header doesn't show!?

I found the answer to the problem myself (as usual, light bulb went on when I WASN'T thinking about it). I'm posting the solution here so others may learn from it.

The reason the report acted as if the parent record didn't exist when there were no entries in the child table was because of the JOIN between the tables in the query that is the record source for the report. It had been defined as and "inner join". Inner joins will only display records where the join fields were equal IN BOTH TABLES. Obviously, when there is no child record, the join fields can't be equal because there's no join field in the child table for that parent record. By simply changing it to an "outer join", where the query displays ALL parent records and only those from the child table where the join fields are equal, it displays all parent records whether or not they have child record(s).

Hope this is helpful to someone.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-header-doesnt-show.383108/
Relevancy 48.16%

Cannot reformat it, because it's the only hard drive with my information left on it. The one it came from was totalled and there's no way to back it up.

On startup, it recognizes that the hard drive is in. But it doesn't show up on My Computer.

A:Second Hard Drive Doesn't Show

How are the jumpers set? . . where is it connected on the ide cable?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/second-hard-drive-doesnt-show-180360.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with my HDD that I'd like to get some opinions on. I plugged my HDD into the computer and it didn't show up on My Computer, but when I opened Device Manager, the HDD is listed under there. I tried another HDD but the same thing happened. Is it because my computer is corrupted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/393727-hd-external-drive-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Search doesn't show the filepath!

I'm using Vista Business 32bit on a Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. This seems a very basic matter - you Search for something, and you find it - but you don't know where it is because unlike good old XP there's no filepath! I have tried checking "show full filepath" in the folder properties, and I've tried selecting "Path" in the right column dropdown in the window. I trained on XP for years, but I'm a recent convert to Vista.

A:Search doesn't show the filepath

Hello Lionheart, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Strange, you should have the full path with the Path column. Double check to make sure that you have Details set as the folder view (View - Details).

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/221607-search-doesnt-show-filepath.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This has been happening for a while now whats happening is i would drag something to the desktop and it wouldn't show but when i go to Start>Computer>Desktop it shows it in the folder but not actually on the desktop

Anyone know whats happening????

A:Drag Something To Desktop But Doesn't Show

Try these:
1. Right click on the desktop - "View" - check or uncheck "Auto Arrange Icons".

or

2. Right-click on desktop, "View" and uncheck "View desktop icons". Repeat the action,but re-check the box.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/172902-drag-something-desktop-but-doesnt-show.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed Windows Ultimate bit OS The BIOS sees both hard drives and the CD and DVD drive and the Windows Device Manager shows the extra hard drive and both optical drives When I click the folder in the task bar Libraries I can only see quot C quot drive and no optical drives either When I click on the CD drive I get the right menues for it but it does not work at all If I put a CD in the drive it locks up the system and I have to power off show but Win doesn't 7 recognizes drives the computer before I can eject it Any ideas I am out of them Thanks Alan System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA Quadro FX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc MY Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have a problem with my HDD that I'd like to get some opinions on. I plugged my HDD into the computer and it didn't show up on My Computer, but when I opened Device Manager, the HDD is listed under there. I tried another HDD but the same thing happened. Is it because my computer is corrupted?

A:HD external drive doesn't show up

What does it mean "plugged my HDD" i.e. IDE/PATA internal, SATA internal, eSATA external, USB???

How is the Disk shown under Disk Management? Right-click My Computer, Manage, Storage>Disk Management. Assuming the disk shows-up with a Healthy partition, can you right-click and assign a drive letter to it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393727-hd-external-drive-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I have little experience with computers, so please bear with me here.

I deleted an account quite a while ago as I wasn't using it anymore. However, it is still showing up in the Users folder of my C: drive. It doesn't show up on the welcome screen, in the control panel's account manager, or even in Vistax64's System Info program, so I can't remove it. I can still delete some files off of it, but I would like the whole account gone, as it takes up a large amount of space.

I've had no issues with this other then documents (Open Office) being taken over by an 'Unknown User', which I suspect is this account. What should I do? I've searched all over for a solution, and couldn't find one that matched my problem.

A:How can I delete an account that doesn't show up?

Welcome
I believe that this is the answer to your question
User accounts deleted still have folders in C drive

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297303-how-can-i-delete-account-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

hi everybody i have a TB WD My Book external harddrive and i recently upgraded from a USB connection to an eSATA connection which logically increased read write speeds a lot due to the faster connection in some part of my bios-post always eSATA doesn't show Harddrive up it checks for disks that can be used as raid and it discoveres my IDE discs as well as this eSATA external drive so far so good but the problem is that win sometimes discoveres the drive and sometimes not even though the bios always discoveres it If i quot look for eSATA Harddrive doesn't always show up new plug'n'play hardware quot in the device manager it sometimes finds the harddrive and sometimes just freezes If it freezes nothing more happens drive doesn't show up in OS If it finds it the OS still doesn't show me the drive If I need something from that drive my games and apps are stored there I need to reboot and hope it gets detected correctly It is really annoying because I don't want to revert back to USB which connected always due to the slower speeds i often copy big files onto that HD Any ideas edit please move to hardware amp devices i clicked the wrong part of the forum

A:eSATA Harddrive doesn't always show up

Moved

Check to see if you have the latest BIOS< as well as motherboard drivers for your motherboard. Also, check to see if W7 is trying to be helpful by not detecting the drive b/c it has the eSATA port asleep on boot up....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17867-esata-harddrive-doesnt-always-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My Lenovo laptop is P50 running Window 7 64-bit, when I tried to pair a bluetooth headphone with it, the headphone didn't show up in the laptop's bluetooth device list. Could you please help me out?Device Manager's Bluetooth Radios has Intel Wireless Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator. The iHome headphone's Spec says:" The product is compatible with any bluetooth devices that supports A2DP, AVRCP, Hands-Free, or Handset Profiles"

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Why-bluetooth-headphone-doesn-t-show-up-in-the-laptop-P50-s/td-p/3420371
Relevancy 48.16%

Sorry if this is a repeat but I could not find the answer. I'm sure it was somewhere on this forum.

IE 10 has stopped showing any description at the top of the page. How can I get it back? Not a big problem but I'd appreciate any clue to what I did wrong.

To be clear the blue bar at the top used to say "Internet Explorer - not responding" now it is just blue.

Thanks, Adam

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/30419-ie10-doesnt-show-description.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I delete something and send it to the Recycle Bin, the icon will change to show that it's full, but when I open the Recycle Bin, it takes a while to load and when it does load, there will be nothing in it (window is just white except for the taskbars on the top and side) and the bottom-left side will just say "0 items." What's going on here and how do I fix it?

A:Recycle Bin Doesn't Show Files

When did you first notice this ? Have you done anything different since you first noticed it like install or uninstall something or download something new ?

Not saying I can help you but just throwing out ideas that may help you remember something that may have caused the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/167047-recycle-bin-doesnt-show-files.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello again.

I just buy an ATI Radeon 3650 AGP. I installed 9.8 catalyst but the graphic shows as an ordinary VGA device in manager device.

The screen is a little bit blurred, because I only have 3 resolutions, neither one is my screen's default (1440x900). I have a HP W 1907 Wide LCD.

Can someone please tell me how to put my default resolution?

A:Windows doesn't show my resolutions.

Did you install the drivers that came with your monitor??

Drivers --==> HERE

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/23574-windows-doesnt-show-my-resolutions.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently purchased and installed an ext. DVD drive. Should it not, when connected, show up in My Computer as another drive with a new drive letter? It does not.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS570 laptop, and when I turned it on yesterday, it booted up to my desktop and I could move the cursor around the screen, but none of my icons or the taskbar showed up. Ctrl-alt-delete didn't work, so I booted it in safe mode and ran chkdsk. It found one problem with .lnk file and fixed it, but the problem remained the same. I was able to open the task manager in safe mode, and I noticed that services.exe was using 99% of the CPU most of the time.

I have symantec antivirus software installed, I run Malwarebytes and regcure at least once a week and left them fix any problems. I am running Windows XP home with service pack 3 installed.

Can anyone help me?

A:Desktop doesn't show; services.exe using 99% CPU

Regcure may be the cause of it all. It's a myth, crapware and will never do anything useful for anyone, ever. As an aside, advocates that use it need to be directly confronted as often as possible due to the fact that their ignorance causes similarly uninformed people to use it and have serious problems. It SHOULD be classified as malware, not so much because of what it does, or what it claims to do, but due to the fact that so many ignorant people use it and then have problems.

Continue to run chkdsk in order to find out if the HD is consistantly good, or is giving regular errors as an early-warning sign of pending failure.

Have you used the Safe Mode menu to boot to "Use Last Known Good Configuration" ?

What happens when you use Task Manager to kill the process using 99% of the CPU ?

You should not have both Symantec and Anit-Malwarebytes. AV software frequently conflict and cause probems. Further, the effect of doubling your AV scanners does not double your protection. If it increases it at all, that increase is marginal. However, it DOES double the load on your computer resources, and slows your machine down. Uninstall one or the other.

If possible, running a System Restore may fix the whole problem. It's possible a Windows Update failed and an SR will send the machine back to when it worked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-doesnt-show-services-exe-using-99-cpu-503918.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Using Win XP SP This morning all the folders in My Documents except Word Documents are gone Windows Explorer doesn t show them and Excel can t find saved spreadsheets and Picassa can t find saves photos However Nero Documents show doesn't Win My Explorer does find all the files when I used it to see if the files could be accessed Quicken also can find its data files I did mess around in the Folder Options Win Explorer doesn't show My Documents of Control Panel yesterday to reveal hidden files in Win Explorer doesn't show My Documents recycling that Trend Micro Antivirus said had trojans in them I did not touch the files I simply emptied the recycling bin I have reset all my changes in Folder Options to the default setting I am hoping the files are still there just hidden or not accessible Anyway to tell that for sure I have a full backup from last week and I could restore the registry to yesterday morning but I don t want to do anything if the files are still on the drive Thank you for any suggestions nbsp

A:Win Explorer doesn't show My Documents

Maybe you inadvertently hide the folders. Open My Documents and in the address bar type something like My Music right in front of My Documents, for example; My Documents\My Music you're my music folder should appear. Now right click in an empty spot, select properties and uncheck the Hidden attribute and click apply. If this work, do the same for each folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-explorer-doesnt-show-my-documents.815090/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi every one
I need your help gays
I saved some files in my USB but when I explore my USB the files are not appear
it shows that usb is empty
I do not know what to do
thanks

A:USB drive doesn't show my files

Have you tried the same USB on a different pc? If not, do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-doesnt-show-my-files.187106/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to transfer files from a hard drive from my old PC onto the drive on my new one.
I have tried connecting it as slave to the master and as a master on it's own IDE.
Either way it doesn't show up in Windows.
Well, it is there in the BIOS and even shows up in the Disk Manager with the correct label (but it says 'unknown partition').

How do I get it to appear in Windows so I can transfer the files?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone Well let s start off with my system specs AMD Sandy at GHz FSB mhz It s always been show then HDD System and up up locks doesn't like that all I ve modified in the BIOS are my memory timings w Stock sink and fan Kingston HyperX memory MB x - - - GB Samsung System locks up and then HDD doesn't show up IDE drive RPM Wester Digital Serial ATA WK S GB RPM Fanless Gigabyte GeForce GT PCI-e OC mhz Core mhz Mem this System locks up and then HDD doesn't show up OC was done days ago Pioneer DVD D Burner coolermaster mm fans Gigabyte KA N-Sli motherboard W Generic PSU V A V A V A - V A - V A VSB A Current temps GPU C CPU C Seagate C WD SATA C Windows XP SP Western digital has partitions partition is GB and it s for Windows and system files the rest is for everything else Games applications everything The other drive stores music Now I ve had this machine for a little over a year and this problem only started very recently like this I took my computer to a friend s house it was on all day and no problems Next day when I turn it on it posts but the SATA drive did not appear on the list My friend just tells me to turn it off for minutes and try again It worked days later I m working on my computer and all of the sudden Firefox freezes then little by little everything starts to freeze as well until my mouse cursor freezes as well I restart and yes the SATA drive did not show up I restarted and it showed up again but only to have everything freeze again in minutes No clicking sounds no sound of the HDD turning off nada I open my case I move the cables around I unplug and plug the SATA drive on more time still froze Then I changed it to the IDE channel and let it rest for minutes I then ran a checkdisk and it only found typical errors that has to be with file headers or something Computer ran fine for weeks Today it has frozen again but my sister was using it and I don t know what conditions it was under I just changed the SATA to IDE and well I ve been able to post this A friend of mine said it might be the PSU but if it was I suppose the HDD SHOULD appear in the BIOS after it freezes wouldn t it So what do you think it is Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I would like to change the default program for .pdf from TeXworks to foxit reader, but the file extension .pdf doesn't show up
foxit also doesn't show up in the set default programs
i can "open with" foxit and texworks, i would just like to quickly be able to open .pdfs with a double click

A:file extension doesn't show up

Quote: Originally Posted by aeemnrsu

I would like to change the default program for .pdf from TeXworks to foxit reader, but the file extension .pdf doesn't show up
foxit also doesn't show up in the set default programs
i can "open with" foxit and texworks, i would just like to quickly be able to open .pdfs with a double click

Hi aeemnsru. When you right-click and then "open with" do you see a "Choose default program" choice? If so, note the "Always use..." checkbox. See if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/110683-file-extension-doesnt-show-up.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi All,

I need help. My laptop is Toshiba Satellite M - 40 model psm40c-jm800e. I don't know what the problem is but when I turn it on the monitor does not show up anything. I connect the external monitor but still had the same problem. I bought the new motherboard from Ebay and it has the same problem. Nothing display on the screen. Everything else appears to be working such as the LCD is on, the fan is running, when I press the function key to switch between external and internal the LCD on keyboard was responding but nothing show up on internal or external monitor. Please let me know what could possible wrong with it.

Thanks
Alan

A:Satellite M40 - Monitor doesn't show anything

Hello

Fact is that?s a serious hardware malfunction and it could be another part as well like mainboard, RAM modules, etc. It must not be the mainboard or internal LCD.

You should contact an authorized service provider for professional help. They can make an exact diagnostic what is wrong and sort this out for you. :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63858-Satellite-M40-Monitor-doesn-t-show-anything
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a computer a few weeks ago and I put in a 120 gig Western Digital hard disk (IDE) from my old computer. The problem is that the new drive doesn't always show up in Windows XP. Whenever I do a cold boot it won't show up. However, as soon as I restart it shows up (ie. appears in My Computer). The drive is always recognized in the BIOS, just not always in Windows. The other drive that I use is a SATA drive and it works perfectly. I never had any problem with it whatsoever when it was in my previous computer. Any idea as to what could cause this and how to fix it?

A:Hard Drive doesn't always show up

I say, try to reformat the HD (if you can). You can back it up before you format. It might solve the problem. GOOD LUCK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-doesnt-always-show-up.41073/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've got a Gigabyte P35 DS3R with 4 gigs of Crucial Ballistix PC 8500 DDR2 1066 ram. The mobo loaded up nicely when I installed it. The ram I had at the time Crucial PC5300 DDR2 533 worked well. Since then I bought the PC 8500 DDR2 1066. When I go into the bios to overclock the BIOS shows the ram as 800. I cannot find a way to correct it in the bios, which is Award. I've clocked to 800 and everything is running nicely, but I'm not sure why the ram shows as DDR2 800 and not 1066. Can anyone help?

A:BIOS Doesn't Show Correct RAM

Make sure that your motherboard supports 4GB of memory!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-show-correct-ram.652741/
Relevancy 48.16%

There is something weird about my computer, when I install something new like Mozilla Firefox 4, I go check in the "All Program" list and it doesn't show and I thought it was normal till I installed something new today and when I went and check the program it wasn't there however it does show up in the "Add or Remove Programs" when I go uninstall it, so i was wondering does anyone know how to fix this problem?

A:Installing new program doesn't show

I don't know what to fix...but a work-around would be to simply drag a shortcut to the .exe to the All Programs list.

Some programs, when installing, ask if you want an icon there, rather than installing one by default.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392386/installing-new-program-doesnt-show/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone!

This is like one of those days! you know, I had 3-4 problems all burst up in one day. Thankfully, one major solution was resolved by one the member here -dc3, thanks to him!
Anyways, there is problem with Firefox address bar.

The URL in the address bar remains as it is no matter which site browse..

Lets say, first I type google.com, it opens fine not a problem, but when I click some link and open up in new window, the address bar still shows google.com but not the new URL of the link that I clicked..
Any solution to this?
Thanks in advance!

A:Firefox doesn't show new URL in Address Bar

Previous topic: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic351256.htmlHave you done any virus scans? If you have, and you know you're clean, then I'd suggest a reinstall of FireFox. Also, does the problem happen in other browsers such as Google Chrome, and IE?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351295/firefox-doesnt-show-new-url-in-address-bar/
Relevancy 48.16%

I hooked up a USB drive to my DVR to epxand my recording time. The DVR reformated the USB hard drive. It turns out this drive is not compatable with the DVR. I would like to use the drive, as it is brand new, so I am trying to hook it up to my XP system. the drive shows up in the Device Manager as disk 4, but it does not show up in Disk Management. I also ran the "diskpart" utility. It does not show up in the "list disk", but I can "select disk 4". But when I do select it, I can't do anything to it. Any suggestions on how I can reformat this disk to use on an XP system?

A:USB drive doesn't show up on my XP system

Maybe the manufacturers manual will would be helpful. Can you provide me with the make an model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-doesnt-show-up-on-my-xp-system.183676/
Relevancy 48.16%

So, this is a major problem that my website coder just realized no one else is aware of.

We went to search for the list of updates done to my computer & they weren't there. Some were, but not all. He checked his computer & same issue.

I can't believe all these years this has been a problem & no one is aware of them.

I need to remove this update - Prolific - Other hardware - Prolific USB to Serial Comm Port

I have an old mouse I use & it caused such problems, that it gave me blue screen & I couldn't get my computer to boot into Windows until I unplugged the mouse.

I have to shut her down now so I'm very nervous it's going to happen again.

How can I remove that update & stop it from reinstalling in the future?

Thanks

A:Microsoft doesn't show all updates

Try this:Unplug the converter.If you're running XP, click Start > RunIf you're running 7, click the Start orbthen in either type in appwiz.cpl and press [Enter].
Look for something like "P... USB to Serial" - the publisher will be Prolific Technology INC and remove/uninstall it.If you're running XP, click Start > RunIf you're running 7, click the Start orbthen in either type in devmgmt.msc and press [Enter].
In Device Manager you will find an unrecognized item shown with a big yellow question mark or exclamation point - right-click it and select uninstall.
Reboot the system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548124/microsoft-doesnt-show-all-updates/
Relevancy 48.16%

Friends,
I am trying to boot from a Windows & Installation disk on a eMachine T3522.

eMachines Support: Product Support and Downloads

What I am doing is just after turning the PC on I press F10 and the following Options come up:

As you can see booting from the DVD doesn't isn't an option although you can access it from inside Windows? Do anyone have any thing I can try to fix this problem?

A:DVD Doesn't Show UP In Boot Options

Isn't that LITE-ON option the DVD player? My DVD player is a LITE-ON

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25401-dvd-doesnt-show-up-boot-options.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
I recently re-installed W-7 Pro O/S and the computer doesn't list the drives, disk partitions, etc. when Start>Computer is selected. I get a panel that is labeled "computer" but nothing is listed.
Can anyone suggest what the remedy might be?
Thank you

A:Start>Computer doesn't show anything

Chaim run these mate

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < you may want to use Option 2

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324723-start-computer-doesnt-show-anything.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok, I have mounted a windows 7 .iso file on a virtual drive so I can install it without a DVD, problem is, in the guides it says "double click it to install windows 7 or right click and press 'install'." All I get when I do that is "Explore, Open, Open AutoPlay." No "install" option. Any help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284800/install-program-doesnt-show-up/
Relevancy 48.16%

Cannot reformat it, because it's the only hard drive with my information left on it. The one it came from was totalled and there's no way to back it up.

On startup, it recognizes that the hard drive is in. But it doesn't show up on My Computer.

Relevancy 48.16%

My sound volume buttons work fine. My mute button works fine. But all of a sudden, whereas I used to get a bar across my screen when I pressed them (like I currently do when I use the "brightness" function keys) now I don't. Why?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi my computer running Win XP SP freshly installed displays thumbnail images for mpg files but not avi files To be honest I've Win doesn't XP thumbnails for show avi's xvid never had a windows xp computer that was able to display thumbnails for avi's just mpgs and other files I've searched and searched on the internet for a solution to the problem and the two solutions that I come up with don't work I checked the registry key problem and that's not it Here's the export of the registry key that I have ------------------------------------- Windows Registry Editor Version HKEY CLASSES ROOT avi ShellEx BB E C- - d - A B- C FC D C quot c a -cd - ccf- cb-c da d quot -------------------------------------------- that was one solution and the other was to unregister and register two dll files quot regsvr shmedia dll quot and quot Win XP doesn't show thumbnails for xvid avi's regsvr shimgvw dll quot That didn't work either The files I'm referring to are encoded in xvid and I don't know if it's specific to that particular codec because I don't have any avi files that are Win XP doesn't show thumbnails for xvid avi's encoded with another codec I do have the latest xvid package though straight from the developers so I don't think that's the problem I don't want to install a codec package because they come with lots of codecs that I'll probably never use so it just seems like it'll waste space and slow my computer down but if someone who is more knowledgeable that me thinks that I should try that then I will Just let me know if I should uninstall xvid before installing the codec pack since I don't know if that would cause any conflict problems

A:Win XP doesn't show thumbnails for xvid avi's

Having varied codecs does not take up that much space at all, or
slow your pc down. They are nothing more than tools to allow you
to view/hear other media formats. Imo you cant have enough. I
use coles codecs,,Ive also used k-lite codec pack,,With either not
sure if you will be able to see thumbnails, I never pay much attention
to those...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-doesnt-show-thumbnails-for-xvid-avis-401543.html