Windows Support Forum

Z600 - No blue power led ?

Q: Z600 - No blue power led ?

Hello guys,I bought a used hp z600 six month ago and it works perfectly so far. However, i realized that the blue led of the power button doesnt work and has never been on in my machine. I wonder if there are software or hardware solutions to make it work again ? Bios options or cable fiddling ? Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-No-blue-power-led/td-p/5590330
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Z600 - No blue power led ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 46.87%
Q: Z600

Hello , Maybe its a stupid question  I recieved a Z600 desktop pc .2x Intel Xeon Processor E5606 4C 2.13 GHz, 80W, 8M cache,4.80 GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066MHzQuadro 4000And 8 gb ram I know i will not be able to run the latest games with those specs . But what if i would install for example 2x x5570 toghether with gpu gtx 750 or 760. Would i be able to play games like dark souls 3 , battlefield 4 , .... Is it still worth to put some little money in it , max 150euro ? Its just that i watched this video on youtube and he is able to play the witcher 3 ultra settings .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfW366E9fw  

A:Z600

That is still a great workstation, and you can upgrade it nicely.  Read this entire thread, and be happy you have been gifted a "revision 1" motherboard that has higher capabilities than the original motherboard. Link is here. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/CPU-Upgrades/td-p/5... Google Z600 QuickSpecs, and the top one will be about version 7 but the next one will be about version 51.  Those reflect the original versus revision 1 motherboard. The SSD I recommended in the above thread is the one to get.  A fresh W7Pro64 is the way to go.  You can upgrade processors, but if the Max TDP for the one(s) you want is over 95W then you need to make sure you have a "Perfomance" heatsink/fan over it.  The search bar in this forum directs to this forum only.  You'll need to spend some time.  Note that you should only install a processor from the list in the QuickSpecs later versions to max out your performance, though you can use the older ones too. These are still new enough and in demand..... two fastest "revision 1" category processors will not be cheap even used off eBay.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600/td-p/5590293
Relevancy 46.87%

I just finished setting up my new to me Z with x E CPUs and gb of ram the ad said gb but it actually had x gb and x gb nbsp nbsp I have done some reaseach on this forum already and I got lucky with the later version of the motherboard I have gb of ram on the way and Z600 me to New plan to explore CPU upgrades New to me Z600 as funds allow nbsp nbsp Couple of things I am wondering about at this point nbsp nbsp The power button LED does not seem to light up I New to me Z600 saw refernce to this issue somewhere and they maybe burnt out Unless there is a BIOS setting I am missing this seems like the only plausable cause The machine seems to work as it should nbsp I am missing the top trim grill and the rear handle I think it was mounted in a rack Its a minnor thing but I'd like to replace if I can I have come up with P N nbsp - is this correct I found one on ebay with a suspect picture does anyone know of any other sources I have searched

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/New-to-me-Z600/td-p/5788493
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone nbsp I've got a couple questions im not a very tech savy person so I tried to research as C2 for Z600 Upgrade much as I could nbsp st Question nbsp I would like to upgrade my z ram to gb which I read is the max amount of ram I can have also read that needs to be ECC Registered memory so I found this and I would like to know if it's the right option nbsp http www ebay com itm Server-RAM- GB- x- GB-PC - R-ECC-Registered- MHz- - v- Upgrade for Z600 C2 pin-Memory- nbsp nd Question nbsp Im interested in getting an USB pcie card but since this computer has been out for quite a long time im not sure if the card is compatible as I read thunderbolt cards are not compatible so this is the next best thing I found nbsp http www ebay com itm nbsp I would really appreciate any help I can get nbsp Thanks in advance and excuse my english not a native speaker

A:Upgrade for Z600 C2

Heya there, this link might answer your 2nd question http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/PCIe-SSD/td-p/55733...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-for-Z600-C2/td-p/5484111
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the following HP Z and I want to upgrade the CPU from the Z600 upgrade CPU current Intel Xeon E nbsp to E E or X processors The two basic questions I have nbsp are nbsp Is nbsp that possible If so what exactly do I have to do Implicit in those two questions are nbsp Will the chipsets on the motherboard will support the newer processors Will the current heatsinks for the E CPUs work or will it be necessary to replace them Thanks nbsp Bob nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp ComputerModel HP Z Workstation C XSerial Number UA Chassis HP Mini TowerMainboard HP AE Z600 CPU upgrade hSerial Number UA BIOS HP G v NUMA Support Z600 CPU upgrade Unit s Total Memory GB ECC DIMM DDR nbsp Z600 CPU upgrade ProcessorsProcessor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Socket Slot FC LGA nbsp ChipsetMemory Controller HP Tylersburg- D I O Hub x GHz GHz Memory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bitMemory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bit nbsp Memory Module s Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - nbsp Video Adapter ASUS R X Series CU SP SM GHz GB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x nbsp Graphics ProcessorOpenCL GP Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit Compute Shader Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit nbsp Storage DevicesGB C GB SATA MB Cache GB CWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB E F G HWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB D IASUS nbsp nbsp nbsp BW- D HT SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A Z nbsp Operating SystemWindows System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Platform Compliance x nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 CPU upgrade

Bob, Correct Prefix of these processors is (x5650, x5660 and X5675) Model No           Part No x5650                WG731AA x5660                WG732AA X5675                LB215AA I have also mentioned technical information below what these prefix's means, Letter Prefix:X = PerformanceE = Mainstream (rack mount)L = Power OptimizedW = Workstation for up to 2 processors per motherboard. The letters also refer to the power consumption figures of the CPUs in question. Note that the numbers associated with the letters are for the "Nehalem"-based Xeon family and older Xeons that use the letter designations have different TDP values associated with the letters. L = Thermal design power (expected power draw with a 100% CPU load running normal software) of 60 watts or less. These are the "low voltage" chips. E = TDP of 80 watts. Intel refers to the Xeon 5500/5600s with this letter prefix as the "basic" line and as a result, the idle power draw on these chips is frequently worse than any of the other series of chips, despite the other chips possibly having a higher full-load power draw. X = TDP of 95 watts. These are the "premium" mainstream chips as their TDP is not so excessive that they are difficult to cool in a rack server, yet their idle power consumption is far lower than the E-series chips. W = TDP of 130 watts and higher. These are the fastest, hottest Xeons made and they are designed to be used in workstations and pedestal servers with better cooling than an average 1U or 2U rack server. ========================================================Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.========================================================**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5053635
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have a HP Z and love the machine nbsp It currently has nbsp nbsp Dual Xeon E Ghz nbsp Processors can HP V1.0 I Z600 Mobo do? with What - GB Ram nbsp Evga Geforce SC nbsp Lately I have been gaming a little on the machine because of the HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? card I have installed nbsp However I am noticing slight performance issues with the machine nbsp I am assuming the processors at this point nbsp DUe HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? to the fact all spec testing coming back and saying the processors are the minimum requirement's nbsp for allot nbsp of the games nbsp BF GTA Doom nbsp Don't get me wrong nbsp Doom plays amazing on this machine on nightmare ultra settings on a screen nbsp However there is some slight shuttering and hiccups here and there nbsp I have read so many different answers to this question and hope I can get a more direct answer nbsp With a Z V HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? motherboard what are my faster Xeon processor options nbsp nbsp I would like an X however my understanding is that may not be a possibility nbsp with my older MB I have something like V bios software installed nbsp Or am I looking at a processor like the X nbsp nbsp Thank you for the input nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z600-with-V1-0-Mobo-What-can-I-do/td-p/5769174
Relevancy 46.44%

i've got a new to me z600 workstation. Looking to upgrade it for video editing. Currently it's running windows XP pro, looking to upgrade that. Currently it has a X5550 chipset( single) 3gb ramCurrently it's running dual 160gb hd's Looking to upgrade the CPU's dual processors, largest possible. and max out ram (24gb)   What should I use?Hard drive, looking to install a SSD Any help is appreciated   

A:z600 upgrades CPU, HD

I am working on a Z600 project right now, so this is timely.  You will need to use the search box on this page upper left area, which searches this forum only. 1.  First step is to see if you have an original motherboard or the later "revision 1" motherboard.  Best way to tell is if you look up the boot block date in BIOS, under the first tab.  The boot block date tells you if you have original or revision 1 most easily. 2.  Assuming it is the better later motherboard, then you need to find the latest Z600 QuickSpecs.... its in the 50s, maybe 51 or 58.  From that you can look at the HP supported processors.  Your memory should be the faster 1333 type but most of those processors listed there run slower than that.  3 run at the faster speed which will let your memory run faster too.  You can choose from those 3 for the best heavy lifting.  Note that the fastest quad core is faster than the fastest hexacore.  So, if you want raw speed I'd bet the quad core would serve you well.  If you want 12 rather than 8 total cores then go with the fastest hexacore.  I use the Noctua thermal paste.  We have had good success with used processors off eBay for these types of workstation upgrades. 3.  You'll want 2 processors, and you'll want to match to the heatsink/fan you already have. 4.  I believe you don't need a "performance" heatsink for 95 watt processor.... the motherboard wants one for processors that are over 95 watts, from my reading.  There is a way to spoof a motherboard into thinking it has a performance heatsink attached when it only is a mainstream, by the way. 5.  SSDs.... I have been very pleased with the Intel 320 series 300GB SSD that you can get off eBay.  We use a lot of those.... rock solid, and the Intel Toolbox is great for tuning it.  That workstation is a SATA Gen II one, and HP warns against using SATA Gen III HDDs in those unless they are sourced from HP (assume special HP firmware applied).  We have not seen a comment from HP on whether this rule holds also for SSDs, but I am assuming so.  Hence, I choose to use that particular SSD, and also have used HP-sourced Gen III SSDs in our SATA Gen II workstations with zero problems. The Intel 320 series SSD is a SATA Gen II drive with enterprise features, and has served us very well.  Even used off eBay they almost always have had 100% life left in them.  I update their firmware as needed via the Intel Toolbox. 6.  We use W7Pro64 mostly, but I have been pleased with the W10Pro64 OS.  You can upgrade to W10Pro64 for free at this time, so I have been "W10 activating" all my xw and Z workstations and having that ready for the future, but still mainly running them with W7Pro64.  Once your box is W10 activated you can install W10 anytime later.  You certainly want a 64 bit OS. 7.  You need a second processor to take advantage of the second set of 3 memory slots..... ideally you'll run with 6 x 1GB, 6 x 2GB, or 6 x 4GB.  The sweet spot for $/GB is with the 2GB sticks.  Having them all the same size gets you a speed benefit too....  Look at official HP sticks for that on eBay and you also can find the same codes from other vendors such as Dell.  I consider the HP sticks the best because they have been "binned" for quality. 8.  HP just came out with a new BIOS for the Z600.  It is best to update BIOS from within BIOS.  I have gathered best HP driver sets for W7Pro64 from later HP workstation sources and they load fine on the Z600, but for W10 I've been using what comes from the autoload from MS.  9.  I like to add in a quality eSATA backplane adapter to the bottom opening for fast backup and Acronis image captures.  I also like to add one of the TI-based HP USB3 cards into the top PCIe slot, and am working on a nice use of that ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z600-upgrades-CPU-HD/td-p/5604870
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just upgraded to windows 7 (from Vista) and now I can't print. I have a Lexmark Z600 and although I did have problems getting the driver loaded & working with Vista, it did finally work. After upgrading to windows 7, I reloaded the printer driver to no avail. I even deleted it and went out and found the latest driver available for my printer and still no help. Any ideas ?

A:windows 7 vs lexmark z600

I gave up trying with my X74 All-in-one in the end.

Lexmark website was very definite XP was last driver release.

I never had vista.

Bought Canon MP 250 All-in-One then from Argos at 34.99 which I am very happy with. Although I dont do an awful lot of printing.
And mostly convert colour web pages to print in Grayscale.
(to save on colour cartridges)

The printer is quite noisy at start of printing as it resets heads and loads a page of paper, but quiet enough during printing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-vs-lexmark-z600.901577/
Relevancy 46.01%

So im trying to upgrade to 2 X5650s but it wont boot. I updated the bios to 3.57 and at least the 2 80mm fans dont go crazy but still no boot. The manuals online say its compatible. Thanks for any help Model Z600 (FW863AV)Z600B/ZC2.66+/L160/W4.0/295+a/p

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,I would like to know if I can install a Geforce GTX 1080 in a z600 workstation?My power supply is 650W so that seems to be enough. I have 2 * 6 pin connector so I guess I can add an adapter to 8 pin. Would this work? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Geforce-GTX-1080/td-p/5846991
Relevancy 46.01%

I would like to know if the Z600 will support the 3.1 USB adapter card and if so, what do I need for an installation?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

Agree.... that card should work in a Z600, but will it work to the USB 3.1 10Gbps speed standard?     No. The HP Z600 workstation has no PCIe generation 3 slots.  It has 3 PCIe Gen2 slots, 1 PCIe Gen1 slot, and 2 PCI slots.  Below is a link to the HP page describing the Z600's slots: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01719695 Here is a note from StarTech regarding their card's speeds, emphasis added:  "The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface.  PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.  The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports." These USB 3.0/USB 3.1 PCIe cards generally need power supplementation.... the +5VDC they need does not come up from the slot, but it is easy to find a 4-wire "molex" peripheral-to-SATA power adapter which can provide you the higher wattage 5VDC they need to meet potential power draws (versus what USB 2.0 needs).  All this info came from research figuring out how to add the Texas Instruments based HP USB 3.0 card to our xw6600 workstations, which have 2 PCIe Gen2 slots (the rest are Gen1).  Z620 gives you some PCIe Gen3 slots.... slots 2,4 and 5. Here's the Z600 slots diagram:   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Usb-3-1-adapter-in-a-Z600-workstation/td-p/5693335
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi ,

I have this product but after updating my computer to W7 ı have a problem with it. The original cd refers to Xp , 2000, 98 but now for W7 it says " it ' s not suitable for your system.

I ' m looking forwart to hearing news from you

Thanks ...

A:Lexmark Z600 W7 Driver ???

Hi Betonarmy,
Here is the Windows Vista Driver if you want to attempt to use it.

Lexmark - United States

Also as far as a Windows 7 driver here is what I saw on their website:
Problem

Cannot find MS Windows 7 printer driver; Unable to locate driver

Solution

Driver Support
Lexmark is in the process of preparing for the launch of the new Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.Driver Availability
In the weeks leading to consumer launch of Microsoft Windows 7, Lexmark will publish the type of support expected and the timeframe in which drivers will be available. Lexmark is currently finalizing Windows 7 support for a variety of its existing products. The list of products which will have Windows 7 support at launch is available in the links below. Windows 7 Business Products

Windows 7 Home Office and SMB Products
Operating System Driver Support
Some printer models will have native easy-to-install printer drivers embedded in the operating system's driver library. Lexmark is providing a wide variety of printer drivers to be included with Microsoft Windows 7.Driver Delivery
Drivers will be available for download from support.lexmark.com , and recently released printers may have the Microsoft Windows 7 driver available on the Software and Documentation CD provided in the box with the device, or a combination of both driver delivery methods will be available.Future Products
Starting in 2010, all new products will ship with Windows 7 support.

Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46380-lexmark-z600-w7-driver.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there! I got a later spec Z600 WS here that came with dual X5650 (TDP 95W).I made a good deal and got two X5680 (TDP 130W), and tryed to install those to the WS.System tells me, that the CPU installed needs too much power, and the System got halted. Is it a Problem with the Heatsink, because of the fact, it is to small (for TDP <95W), or is itrealy the mainboard, that just can't take the X5680 Xeons?I googled a lot and found some Z600 running on those CPUs, so what's the deal? I already tryed to bridge Pin 1 and 5 of the Heatsink-Fan Connector to simulate a Performance Heatsink,just to test if it would boot, but that did'nt work.

A:Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

First, I don't see your new processor type listed in the latest QuickSpec for the Z600 I looked up this morning..... version 51, which lists your current X5650 but not the X5680.  There is a hot X5647 listed (at 130W max TDP) but the other higher performance processors are all 95W.  So, there must have been a 130W cooling option for the Z600, and I'd presume it is the same as used for the Z800 (see below).  Also, the Z600 must be able to provide 130W to each of its two processor sockets. I checked with the Z800 QuickSpecs (v56) and don't see the X5680 listed there either.  The latest QuickSpecs, however, often do not list all processors that were listed previously.  The now-unlisted ones will still work, and you can go back through the HP QuickSpec archives for your Z600 to see if the X5680 was ever officially listed.  If it was then it surely should work.  A HP engineer I trust fully has let me know that there are some cases in which a processor that was never officially listed will work.  Let's just say that will be a rare exception.  Maybe you have found one of those processors? The X5680 processor has only one sSpec code, SLBV5, and can be bought new now from Intel for $1663.00 each.  On eBay you can buy that processor today for about $200.00 each, USD, used. It is encouraging that you can get to the point of boot that the motherboard rejects your heatsink/fan combination, because my experience with truly non-listed processors is that they won't even get to that level.  Flat zero progression into boot. So, I'd buy one of the "Performance" heatsink/fans from eBay, and the Alan guys there have almost 450 in stock at a fair price, new.  That is a US source, and  I have bought from them in the past many times, with never a problem.  Buy one for about $50 and test with that and a single X5680 in place.  The wiring trick..... that jumper wire should work if HP is using the same motherboard sensing method for detecting presence of a performance heatsink/fan as was used in the xw8600, but who knows?  This performance boost is worth spending $50.00 more on at this stage of the game to get an official Performance heatsink/fan to experiment with.  For example, perhaps HP added to the motherboard the ability to detect the larger 92x92x15mm heatsink fan rather than the regular heatsink's 80x80x15mm fan. Take a look at this link, for more details on the Performance heatsink/fan that I believe you need.  Those have been available on eBay for a fair price, new and you can find that via searching for part numbers 463991-001 and 535588-001: Z800 Performance heatsink larger fan  Here's a picture of the performance heatsink/larger fan for the Z800, and likely exactly what you need for your Z600 project.  All my references indicate these are identical, but the Z400 performance fan is different.  Note how this heatsink/fan is shifted leftward on its mounting plate, when viewed from front (the fan side).  The Z400 performance heatsink/fan is not shifted leftwards because it is a single socket motherboard and has a fair amount of room around it on both right and left sides.  Thus, the performance Z400 heatsink/fan will not fit on the primary socket of a Z600 but this one below will.  The performance Z400 heatsink/fan will however fit on the secondary socket of a Z600 with a little bending down of its rear air deflector plate at its bottom.  You can see pictures of that Z400 performance heatsink/fan elsewhere in the forum.   I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS installed, and also confirm in BIOS that you have the latest revision of the motherboard by checking the boot block date.  It sounds like you'll have already done all that.  If one of those X5680 processors works then the other will ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-with-dual-X5680-CPU/td-p/5082965
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, Description explains it all, I've been thinking of replacing my current HDD for a SSD. I haven't done much researching on this myself but thought I would check here just encase there's any known issues/pit falls with installing a ssd into z600 workstation, I will be looking at adding a 1TB ssd. 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ? 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations? 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks? Any info would be appreciated, Griff

Solved!
View Solution.

A:installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SATA III into my z600..and it works perfectly. Installed it last week and have been installing programs and having general use from it with no problems. I wanted to test it properly before posting a response. It could be possible that i experience issues with it later, but I would of thought that if it had any issues I would know about it by now. My SSD reads at 282 MB/s and writes at 270 MB/s - Random Read 51612 (IOPS) Random Write (IOPS) 47395. Being a SATA II gen workstation its not reaching the SSD's full potential at 540/520 Mb/s read write but from what I've read you wouldn't even notice the difference its so fast.. and I agree  CC suite, mozilla, (haven't installed 3dsmax yet) all boot in seconds compared to minutes on old HDD. Just to note I didn't use a HP recovery disk to reinstall OS. I used an official windows 7 .iso and booted from USB (even though it some has some useful things, i didn't want HP bloatware) Drivers installed perfectly without a hitch. Windows serial on bottom of tower  1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ?" Via Scott's comments, look for the 'needs-tool' version in the post's above, mine cost 8.50 and takes all of 5 seconds to fit the ssd to the z600. I wouldn't sugguest buying the tool-less version.. unless you have no hands and lots of money." 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations?"Yes they're HP approved SSDs detailed in the post's above, but I've had no issue with consumer grade SSD, but you roll the dice with which brand. The Samsung EVO 500gb, no problems. You can use SATA III ssd's but you can get issues as warned by HP as their firmware doesn't support some types (so basically if it doesn't work they wont help you) ". 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks?"Make sure your BIOS is set to RAID+AHCI (Mine was already setup like this). I used the samsung magician tool after install and it will say that your PC is not set to AHCI, but i just ignore it. As long as BIO's and firmware are up to date you will be fine. Use a blindmate formfactor to install the ssd (see above posts). Make sure you get the latest firmware on a usb before you install SSD, it should be the first thing to check after installing the SSD. You don't need to change SATA cables from II to III as the cables are backwards compatible.. either way having a SATA III in a z600 will just limit you to SATA II speeds (which compared to a normal HDD are ridiculously quick). Just plug-in and install OS. It may be worth reading up on SSD optimistation, the samsung magician advises some things to do but not all neccessary, its either lifespan over performance.. defintely worth reading up on, if this is your first SSD as it was for me."  Hands down best upgrade i've done to my workstation, and very simple to do. I'm glad I waited for better support and for the cost to go down on SSD's before using them. Want to say a big thanks to Scott Harrison for his help on this subject. I pestered him lots but have really appreciated his guidance! cheers Scott and anyone else who posted help.  Enjoy your SSD, I will.  Griff

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/installing-a-SSD-into-Z600-Workstation/td-p/5081717
Relevancy 45.58%

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERRDiagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-203-207-Memory-Fault/td-p/5829718
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I have a problem during installation,
after windows copies setup files and right before the beginning of the installation wizard, a color test striped pattern (Red, Green, Blue, Gray) keeps blinking and the installation STOPS.

Any suggestions ?!

A:Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 installation problem on HP Z600

Where did you get the Ultimate install dvd from, sounds bad.

Just reboot, see if the install will finish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368485-win-7-ultimate-x64-sp1-installation-problem-hp-z600.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I wish to find a suitable cooler for my HP Z600.The original part it is no longer available.In fact I wish to change both of them, the original one it is already 5 years old.So if you have some experience , maybe you can help me.Bolt connection it is a square 80 mm.The spring bolt a 3mm?The original cooler has a height of 95mmThe space to insert the cooler, betwen socket 0 and 1, it is also different.From my point of view even U3 cooler it is too big.

A:Cooler Xeon 5500-HP Z600

Try eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xz600+heat+sink.TRS... /Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Cooler-Xeon-5500-HP-Z600/td-p/5145718
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there nbsp i'm happy user of HP Z with quadro inside right now i'm changing the way i work with d - by doing more and more graphic card Z600 HP upgrade real time d rendering using Graphic card power via the octane render software solution HP Z600 graphic card upgrade i plan to upgrade my GC i got solutions and questions about each one nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro using SLIQUESTION does SLI works with quadro in a HP Z nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro QUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the quadro can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the quadro has a larger size nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a Geforce GTX TITANQUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp has a larger size nbsp thanks

A:HP Z600 graphic card upgrade

The Z600 QuickSpecs indicates you can only have a single high end graphics card in the Z600. That is either one Quadro 4000 (142W) card or one Quadro 5000 (152W) card or one FirePro V7900 (<150W) card can be installed in the Z600. However, you can have two Quadro 2000 (62W) cards or two FirePro V5800 (74W) cards or two FirePro V5900 (<75W) cards in the system as this is supported (not that this will help with your graphics processing needs). The Z600 Maintenance and Services Guide also states you can have one 150W graphics card in either PCIe slot 2 or 4 (leaving the adjacent slot empty) OR you can have 2 75W graphics cards in PCIe slot 2 and 4. So SLI or crossfire is not a supported configuration with high end 3D cards due, in part to the 650W 80% efficient HP proprietary PSU used in the Z600 (which can't supply the needed power) and in part to the lack of system cooling validation for these more powerful 'heaters'. And as the HP PSU is a proprietary design, it is not a simple swap to an of the shelf standard ATX supply. Some cabling modifications would be needed and it still may not mechanically fit or work (as others have experienced no boot issues when attempting to use a modified standard ATX swap in their HP workstation -  some have even damaged their system board so be warned). As for mixing cards in SLI configuration, IIRC, Nvidia allows mixing cards from the same family. So, presumably a Q4000 & Q5000 would work as would a GeForce 760 with a Titan, should the PSU have supported the load (which it doesn't). Mixing Q4000 with GeForce Titan in SLI configuration will fail as they would be considered a different family. And you can't use a Quadro driver with a GeForce card or a  GeForce driver with Quadro card which creates a driver issue if you try such SLI mixes. So you may need to buy a more capable system (or do some development work to find a more powerful HP PSU you can fit into the Z600 or instead modify a standard ATX PSU to fit and resolve any issues this creates while also modifying the Z600 chassis cooling system to better cope with the extra heat). Good luck. [edited to add underlined text]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-graphic-card-upgrade/td-p/5054360
Relevancy 45.58%

Ladies, gents, I recently got a refurbished Z600 workstation and immediately noticed that the chipset fan is always running at approx. 2,500 rpm, even right after a cold boot and when idling. I can't image that this is normal - all the temperatures are fine, so I see no reason for the fan to spin this high. I know that it is a small fan which needs the high rpm to create sufficient air flow, but 2,500 rpm seems excessive. Has anybody experienced this before? Is this in fact the normal idle speed for the chipset fan (as the seller's customer service wants to make me believe)?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-Chipset-Fan-Always-Running-on-High-RPM/td-p/5592042
Relevancy 45.58%

hi guysi'm an engineering student and a graphic designer so i need a workstation to get my work done . actually i'm a huge fan of Apple Mac but buying Mac Pro will cost me more so i've decided to go with HP solution i gan get used HP Z600 or Z800 and customize them i've a question does any one of them support PCEi SSD or i've to go with Z620 ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/does-HP-Z600-or-Z800-Support-PCIe-SSD/td-p/5815710
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everybody i need your help i have hp z600  workstation but when start doesnn't show anything i change procesor  ram graphic card but same problem  didnt show anything in scren can anybody know what is to happen with my pc ? 

A:HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Do the system fans start to spin after you hit the power button ?Does the workstation not beep and blink red ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-doesn-t-show-anythink/td-p/5571295
Relevancy 45.15%

I am the recent owner of a new to me nbsp Z with the C revision motherboard nbsp Specs are pretty basic with one E GB x gb unbuffered ram a gb SATA HD a DVDRW and a single NVIDIA Quadro nbsp The machine posted the first two times without incident and I booted a live CentOS CD and everything was working fine so I installed it and everything went perfectly nbsp In fact I can't recall such an easy linux install ever nbsp Then I rebooted again and Z600 cmos cannot reset compute. after enabling entered the BIOS to enable hyperthreading nbsp While in the BIOS Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. the genius in me could not help but play around nbsp At some point I enabled compute for both of the x slots nbsp I know I know big mistake nbsp When I rebooted again I was introduced to the six beeps of death nbsp To me enabled meant allowed not mandatory nbsp I reseated the card cleared or attempted to clear the Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. CMOS and the offending setting about a nbsp hundred times following the official procedure then Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. any other I could find to no avail nbsp I found a thread with the exact same issue which mentioned having to wait for the stored energy in the system to bleed off and pressing the power button several times before pressing the CMOS reset button nbsp It worked for others but not me nbsp I have tried everything moving the card changing the card to one that supports CUDA but I enabled both slots I have powered down the machine unplugged the power cord removed the power supply waited hours pressed the CMOS reset button for seconds three times and I still have the six beeps nbsp Unless my machine contains some secret alien technology I am lost nbsp How do you clear the CMOS nbsp I have tried every procedure theory guess chant and encantation I know nbsp I started building computers when Jimmy Carter was Preident and I have seen it all almost nbsp The only other option I can see is a PCI VGA card so I can get back into the BIOS nbsp Any ideas or advise would be appreciated nbsp nbsp It's a great machine and I want it back

A:Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute.

I don't know the exact positon of the CMOS RESET switch, but you can remove the battery to set BIOS defaults.Don't forget to unplug the power cord, no need to remove the power supply or graphics card.Put back the battery after a few minutes and power on the machine.Video should be back now and all BIOS settings (including time and date) are lost.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-cannot-reset-cmos-after-enabling-compute/td-p/5065741
Relevancy 45.15%

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,  My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance?  I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 45.15%

We have a Z at my workplace which powers off unexpectedly after some time usually a few hours I have not been able to catch it happening but I come back to the machine and it is powered down nbsp I have done a bit of investigation so far but have not been able to get to the root of the problem - Updated bios problem still occurs I saw mention of bios updates fixing an unexpected poweroff problem - Checked temperatures during stress testing seem normal rules out heat problems - Tried removing extra HDs still get poweroff I suspected bad power supply - Tried MemTest still get poweroff indicates that it is not an OS software problem I have not seen any failures detected by memtest - Looked blink codes on the Z600 Troubleshoot workstation: poweroff unexpected LED on the back of the PSU after a shutdown LED does not blink nbsp I got this info from here nbsp http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c N F My next step nbsp would be to try swapping the power supply from another known working Z machine which we have nbsp It looks like a straightforward operation although the machines have different CPU configurations CPUs in Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff the problematic machine vs CPU in the Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff good machine - perhaps the capacities are different nbsp Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps to take before I nbsp put it in for service nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Troubleshoot-Z600-workstation-unexpected-poweroff/td-p/5727701
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings nbsp st time come date Qestion about block (urgent) Z600 boot here but i need a quick answer to a question related to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally Qestion about Z600 boot block date (urgent) nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-urgent/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 43.86%

I am in need of a new system board for a Z600 but want to know which version would work with the 56xx series of Xeon dual processors? There's 460840-001, 460840-002 and 460840-003. The one that came with the machine was 460840-003 / REV AE, but it died so I got a replacement 460840-001 / REV 0D, however, I can't get the computer to post. So I'm looking for which board and Revision I need to make it work? Thanks. Would this one work?http://bit.ly/1omeMkF

A:HP Z600 System board / Motherboard that supports x5670 proce...

The Z600 460840-003 supports both the 55xx and 56xx Xeon processors.  As you discovered, the 460840-001 only supports the 55xx Xeons.  I am not sure about the 460840-002, but there are other threads in this forum where some have tried the varioius -00x Z600 versions. 

I am an HP Employee.My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-System-board-Motherboard-that-supports-x5670/td-p/5565253
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.Our brand new HP Z600 workstation running win srv 2008 rebooted after only couple of weeks with the following output from bios level screen:System reset caused by CATERR.927 - Fatal error on dimm in slot CPU0 DIMM1ECC Error on read operation What does this mean and how can we prevent this from happening in the future ? ThanksSergey

A:Z600 workstation reboots: system reset caused by CATERR

Having the a similar caterr error message.Did you recieve any response? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-workstation-reboots-system-reset-caused-by-CATERR/td-p/157403
Relevancy 43.86%

HP Z600 & Z800 Workstations support Nvidia Quadro M4000 8GB Grpahic Card?  Can the defual power supply hand the wattage from the new GPU's? Currently running Nvidia Quadro FX4800 graphic card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Z800-Workstations-support-Nvidia-Quadro-M4000/td-p/5614092
Relevancy 43.86%

Edit - CPU model revised for a porper CPU X nbsp it's st time come here but i need a quick answer to a question related date block about CPU for Qestion Z600 model) (Revised boot to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core Qestion about Z600 boot block date (Revised for CPU model) CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-Revised-for-CPU-model/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Z600 that came with an REV #003 motherboard and two X5670 CPU's. The board went bad and I replaced it with a REV #001, not realizing that it won't run X56xx chips. So I then purchased two X5570 CPU's and put them in. When I boot, I get a series of 8 beeps, and an error message that the BIOS is corrupt. So I created a BIOS recovery disc and flashed the machine as per the instructions. I then unplug the power cord (as opposed to powering down first), wait 5 seconds and plug it back in a power up. I then get the 8 beeps and the error message just like nothing has been done to fix it. Is it possible that trying to run X56xx chips on that board fried something? Is there a way to reset it? What should I try next? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-Bios-Image-Corrupt-ROM-flash-doesn-t-work/td-p/5599283
Relevancy 40.85%

Today, each time that I power up computer after a few seconds, appears a Blue Screen with no numbers or letters displayed except the loading circle symbol spinning. After a few seconds have elapsed, I press the computer's power switch off, computer powers off without any requests for repair. Powering up again,carries out as normal power up procedure, computer now functions as normal.

A:Cause of a Blue Screen at each power up.

Are you saying that the problem is resolved?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303840-cause-blue-screen-each-power-up.html
Relevancy 40.42%

So im pretty sure it was my older brother, but anyways i start up my computer and immediately get a blue box  with a white line going around the info. It says "Enter Power-on Password" then an image of a key, with the date in the bottom right. it gives me three tries and every time i get it wrong another image of a key pops up with an X through it. if i try three times, under the last broken key it only shows a "*" underneath it, no error code. I can try again pressing the power button to turn it off then back on again. I've removed the cmos battery and it didnt work. If there is a cmos jumper i cant find it. If you can tell me a way around this or help me find the cmos jumper it would be much appreciated!

A:How to remove blue power on password

ineedhelp6 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about finding the CMOS jumper on your motherboard and wanted to help. Sorry, it's not much but I was able to find this image using Google:  https://www.google.com/search?q=memphis-b+motherboard+manual&tbm=isch&imgil=5ljp_a9Fxg9n7M%253A%253B... If that doesn't show, then Google on "memphis-b motherboard manual" and you should get a bunch of images, one being the motherboard with pointers to its components.Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-remove-blue-power-on-password/td-p/5573910
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi.Two weeks ago i bought a new laptop :ASUS K52JB.I have installed windows 7 ultimate (x64).And so after two days a blue screen started to appear together with restart.I checked the eventviewer and I saw this message:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e (0x0000000000000099, 0x000000000004200d, 0x0000000000000000, 0x5d979e4e1f4d9296). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 111710-18252-01.
And after the restart a window appear that says
'The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.'
I did ram and hdd check and everything seems to be OK

memory.dmp

A:Blue Screen,kernel-power ID 41 help :(

Please run this memory test to double check your memory: Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)

Please uninstall DaemonTools and/or Alcohol 120%, then use this free tool to remove the sptd.sys driver: DuplexSecure - FAQ - Remove 64 bit sptd.sys

It is possible that the following older drivers may be causing your problems.
Please either REMOVE or Update the older drivers listed below.

Quote:
HOW TO FIND DRIVERS:
DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Driver function of Device Manager as they are not the most current versions available.
Also, DO NOT update from the PC Manufacturer's website unless the Driver Reference cited below states that you should get the drivers from the OEM.

The most common drivers are located on this page: Driver Reference
If you can't find the driver, post back and we'll see what we can find.

Here's the older drivers that were found in the memory dump files:

Code:

sncduvc.SYS Mon Dec 29 04:14:26 2008 (495894F2)
- Suyin USB 2.0 Webcam driver
- Driver Reference

ghaio.sys Mon May 30 05:34:05 2005 (429ADE0D)
- ASUS NB Probe program
- Driver Reference

More info about the STOP 0x4E error (shorthand for what you posted) is available here: BSOD Index
You also have STOP 0xD1 errors. More info on that error here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0x1A, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0xA, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0x3B, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0xF5, more info here: BSOD Index
Also STOP 0x1E, more info here: BSOD Index

Most often a large number of different errors suggests a hardware problem (this one seems to point at memory). Running Driver Verifier may help us to narrow it down a bit. Please follow these instructions to run Driver Verifier:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

If that doesn't ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125265-blue-screen-kernel-power-id-41-help.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone,

i am really needing help. I have just bought a new pc, its just about 2 weeks old now....i am running 64bit vista ultimate. The problem is, whenever i click on the power icon ( the little cicle with vertical line on top of it ), my computer would go to "sleep" mode which is fine...but then when i "wake" my pc again, it would probably run for about 10 seconds maximum ( usually 5 seconds or so ), then it would give me blue screen then it would restarts. I would then have to choose if want to load windows normally or safe mode.

I am not tech savvy and i really need help on this one. I really want my new system to be stable for my line of work.

has anyone know the solution to this?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Fabian

A:Power icon causes blue screen

Hi fabianloing

If you click the vista start orb and in the search bar type Power Options then hit enter this will open a new window. Click the circle that says High Performance and then underneath that click the Change plan settings.

Then click Change advanced power settings. A new window will open and you then click on Power button and lid. Then click on Start menu power button and change the setting to Shut down. Click Apply then OK

On the power options window that still open click Save changes then close that window and reboot your pc

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/226838-power-icon-causes-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hope someone here can help with this!

I have a Windows 2000 Professional install that has had no problems since installation. However in the last few weeks, powerpoint slide shows have been causing it to blue screen.
It does'nt happen everytime propably 4 out of every 5 times you try to display the presentation.
Im using Powerpoint 2000 as part of MS office 2000. I have tried reapplying Win 2k service pack 2 and the office 2k service pack 2.
I have also tried removing and re-installing office and applying all the latest updates from microsoft.com.
I tried opening the running the slide show logged in to the same pc as another user, this also failed. The only way I can run the slide shows reliably is on another PC.
Any ideas before I format the PC and start again?

Cheers

A:Power point blue screen

My first suggestion would be to remove all programs from the start up and clean the hard drive.

Instructions can be found at

www.rselby.com/Windows.html

Follow all the instructions followed by the 3 red *'s in the table of contents. The resources are probaby low and Power Point Presentatin will use a lot of resources causing it to blue screen.

Second thing I would try if this doesn't work is try the detect and repair in PP, listed under Help.

AND Welcome to TSG!~!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-point-blue-screen.89078/
Relevancy 40.42%

after using a nv U for the last years i decided to upgrade i bought myself a nv and all was Cause Supplies Can Screens? Power Blue going well for about months then i bought an ati P for my wifes computer i was going to build well after the two months started acting Can Power Supplies Cause Blue Screens? up on me and finally i couldnt get the computer to work with the i would get constant freezes and sometimes not even manage to make it into Can Power Supplies Cause Blue Screens? windows so i installed the and i keep getting BSODs telling me to remove any new hardware tried reformatting and i still get BSODs if i use any of my older video cards that don t require my video card be plugged into the powersupply my computer works just fine but with the i either cant run or get BSODs every now and then btw all drivers are current bios is v if i replaced the powersupply with a higher end like an ocz modstream or one of the thermaltakes could my problems be over windows xp pro sp amd msi neo plat gb corsair xms seagate baracuda gb ati pro nbsp

A:Can Power Supplies Cause Blue Screens?

I would say that would be a good idea as it sounds like you don't have enough power to run those video cards as the take more power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-power-supplies-cause-blue-screens.413311/
Relevancy 40.42%

Bought this laptop with no power supply, I ordered one now when plugged in I get flashing blue light around the power supply but will not power up 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Flashing-blue-light-will-not-power-up/td-p/5634212
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey guys new to the forums Ive recently had screens, flashing LED's, Blue no then up! power a problem with my computer I would be playing Guild Wars or doing w e most of the time when GW was up and a blue screen would show up saying some kind of memory dump or something It would restart my computer and then go to windows xp and say windows has recovered from a major error or something But today it happened and then it restarted got to the windows boot screen and just stopped So i hit power off and now it wont even power on When i try to hit the power on the LED s inside flash the fans start for like half a second and everything just goes dead again The lights on Blue screens, then flashing LED's, no power up! the NIC work but Blue screens, then flashing LED's, no power up! it just Blue screens, then flashing LED's, no power up! wont start up now I had a similar thing happen to me once before with my previous mobo and it just blew something in the circuitry Was wondering if it was that maybe because it had similar conditions but it would keep flashing instead of just once Any help would be appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Blue screens, then flashing LED's, no power up!

ouch sounds like you fried something you could try and stick your computer in the freezer for fifteen minutes or so and see if that works for you that would be my best guess.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screens-then-flashing-leds-no-power-up.25946/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi Guys,

My laptop (Gateway MT3705) has some problem when it is running on battery power.
It runs on Windows Vista Home Premium, here is its spec: http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3499&review=Gateway+MT3705

When my laptop is running on battery, a blue screen comes up at random times and reboots my computer. This is really annoying, and I am afraid that it will cost damage to my hard drive.

The laptop is completely fine when it is plugged-in, no blue screens or whatnot.

I have no idea what is going on, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-while-on-battery-power.616230/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am using a Dell Inspiron 8600 and everytime I power on I get this blue screen that says "A problem has been detected and the windows has beeen shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have tried using safe mode but am unable to it brings me right back to the blue screen. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or a fix to the problem. I would really appreciate it, thanks.

A:Blue Screen Everytime I Power On

Never a good sign. Here is Microsoft's help. Scroll down to the part about damaged file system since you didn't just install XP. BTW - the error codes that you get with the blue screen are important in diagnosing this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49395/blue-screen-everytime-i-power-on/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a Medion P54016 MD20315 64bit PC.
A couple of weeks ago my screen froze but after switching it off it started again OK.
However it has reached the stage where the screen came up with “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error information and then we’ll restart for you.” but nothing happens so I switched off.
It has now got to the stage where if I switch on the mains input blue light on the PC is still on and does not go off even when I keep switching it off at the mains input.
I have seen that this is likely to be Blue screen BOSD but I am at a loss as to what to do.
Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Windows 10 Blue screen and power problem

Power on wait 3 seconds power off.
repeat three times
on fourth attempt leave on and it should power to windows advanced tools where you can select repair this computer select startup repair and leave it to get on with the repair.as it could take awhile.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-blue-screen-power-problem-4603603/
Relevancy 39.99%

I first logged out of my computer and came back and I light, no orange button There on blue is no power the noticed an orange light on the power button I There is no blue light, no orange on the power button shut it of and turn it back on about two times with the same results of an orange light I then shut of the There is no blue light, no orange on the power button the extension that houses plugs When I turned on the extension I turned on the computer the power button didn't give off a blue There is no blue light, no orange on the power button light or orange light The VGA cable mouse keyboard Ethernet cable are all plugged in I later removed all the connects to the computer gave it a minute and plugged it all back in There is a solid green light on the back under the power cable The fans turn on there is noise coming from inside the computer a soft humming and light fan from the back of the computer But the power button will not turn on The monitor light is orange and says No Input signal Input Go to Power Save When I switch to input it reads Cable Disconnected Go to Power Save What internal issue could this be

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/There-is-no-blue-light-no-orange-on-the-power-button/td-p/5758254
Relevancy 39.99%

How likely is it that regular video driver blue screen crashes are caused be an insufficient power supply?

Thanks

A:Can lack of power cause blue screen crashes

that sound like memory more than power supply, have you tested you memory?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/105032-can-lack-power-cause-blue-screen-crashes.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi I Have Problems With Bluescreen Failures
On My Laptop

I Have Asus Notebook K51IO/K70IO
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10Ghz
4.00 GB Ram
32 bit operating system
and using Windows Vista Home Premium

Hope Someone Can Help Me With This Problem

Forgot To Upload Minidump Files

The Problem Startet After I Was Browsing Net and sudenly there was a bluescreen
Failure since then had a few bluescreen crashes and didnt had the time to look for help beacuze of work hope someone can help me out

A:Drive power failure blue screen

As per both files your issue is with the Nvidia driver nvllddmkm.sys If we here at TechSpot received a dollar for every time this driver came up we could all retire. Go to Asus' website, find your exact notebook model and update the drivers from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-power-failure-blue-screen.154369/
Relevancy 39.99%

Computer has new motherboard, it powers up and everything sounds like it's running. Power button should be blue but it's orange. And nothing will display on the monitor.

A:No display power button orange not blue.

Likely it's only the fans and drives and LEDs that are powering up while the motherboard isn't.Does it give any beeps when you start it up?It's a hardware problem somewhere. Why did you replace the motherboard and if it was because the previous one was bad, how sure are you it actually was bad? It could have been the power supply or a peripheral connected to the motherboard. Is the new motherboard the same as the one you replaced? If not, is it compatible with the cpu and ram--which I assume you swapped in from the old board?With the power cord removed, temporarily disconnect the drives and remove any add-on cards not needed for an initial bootup, remove any USB devices. Then plug the cord back in and see if you at least get a posting or logo screen on the monitor. If not recheck all connections and verify the cpu and its heatsink are correctly installed.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/no-display-power-button-orange-not-blue/19501.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello there I am having a terribly annoying computer problem on my new rig that i ve pieced together Vista sometimes slows down and jumps into a blue screen before restarting amp When using programs like games or video editing playing software It suddenly shows many horizontal coloured lines for half a second then turns off power button then dowsnt work until i unplug the mains for a few seconds This also happens when installing software This is pretty much it I suspect it to be hardware or the OS Here are my specs Vista Ultimate and random off screening power Computer blue bit Not sure about my Mobo but it s an ACPI x -based PC AMD Phenom Quad Core GHz GB Mhz Kingston Hyper X RAM problems started before installing this with GB of samsung Mhz ATI Sapphire HD Mb Graphics card Optiarc DVD RW AD- A ATA Device Computer blue screening and random power off Hitachi Computer blue screening and random power off HDP GLA ATA Device GB HDD And my antivirus is avast Home Power supply W I m pretty sure I ve updated all drivers for the hardware and Vista OS and security updates If anybody could help me with my problem I would be extremely grateful as I need a working and reliable system for my video production If you need any more information please ask and I will find out what you need Thank you -Peter Kimball-Evans nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Ironic that as I was about the post this it surged Power Blue / Surge Screen Issues again Hi My computer has been blue screening randomly freezing for a good six months now I have built the computer myself and I was advised that everything was good to go but I'm not too sure that advice was correct anymore It has surged times now in the last hours in the past hour Specs PSU Corsair CX Series RAM Kingston KVR N K GB MHz CL DDR ValueRAM Memory Kit Motherboard Asus P Z -V LX Motherboard Socket GB DDR Support ATX Intel Z Express USB CrossFireX Support Dual Intelligent Processors Blue Screen / Power Surge Issues CPU Intel Core i GHz Quad Core Processor MB L Cache GT s Bus Speed Boxed GPU Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX DirectCU II OC GB GDDR Graphics Card HDD WD TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green I used to have a Corsair w PSU however this burnt out because of a surge and luckily was the only thing that was fried I replaced this with the w one and bought a surge protector extension which has been plugged directly into the wall I have also bought quot x Asus High Quality Original White Black SATA GB s Cable quot 's incase it was an issue with the hard drive Blue Screen / Power Surge Issues and this hasn't seemed to have worked either Please advise don't hesitate to say if you need more information P S I'm sorry in advance if this has been posted in the wrong place

A:Blue Screen / Power Surge Issues

Hello Alterelo and Welcome to PCHF
Let's check your memory giving MemTest a go:

Download the Auto installer for USB.
Boot your system from it, and when MemTest start press c (configuration) then select Full Memory Range, then let it run.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/126447-blue-screen-power-surge-issues.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My 300w power supply blew on my HP a430n and I replaced it with a 350w. Once I turned on my machine, I ended up with the Blue screen of death. I cannot figure out what else could possibly be fried or wrong. I am getting ;
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x805DDD38,0xF789E60C,0xF789E308)

Does anyone know what this means? I am desperate! I was wanting to buy a new computer, but I would still love to keep this one, and typing this on my cell phone is a pain. Please HELP!
ALYSIA

A:New power supply & Blue Screen of Death

basilgirl said:

My 300w power supply blew on my HP a430n and I replaced it with a 350w. Once I turned on my machine, I ended up with the Blue screen of death. I cannot figure out what else could possibly be fried or wrong. I am getting ;
STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005,0x805DDD38,0xF789E60C,0xF789E308)

Does anyone know what this means? I am desperate! I was wanting to buy a new computer, but I would still love to keep this one, and typing this on my cell phone is a pain. Please HELP!
ALYSIAClick to expand...

Hi Alysia- try booting from your XP install CD and do a repair. Hope it goes well- Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-power-supply-blue-screen-of-death.652021/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have this icon Ac power and Blue Battery status alternate flashing in system tray.

What is wrong and how I can get rid of it ?

The battery power shows it is 100 percent,

I am using HP ez2000 laptop.

Is there something wrong with the charger or battery pack
Why is it doing this ?

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/ac-power-and-blue-battery-alternate-flashing-561187.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (desktop) with Vista Home Premium. Until the other day, when I pushed the power button to start the PC, it turned blue and the PC went through the boot-up process. Now, it turns yellow and nothing happens unless I do more. So I push and hold the power button until it turns off. Then, I push the button a bit more strongly and it turns blue and boots.

My first thought was that the power switch for this 2008 PC is getting old and that I may become unable to boot at all. So I have decided to just let it go into sleep mode for now rather than turning it off for the day.

Any ideas on solving the yellow light issue?

InfoHungry

A:Power button turns yellow instead of blue

It's an error indicator (not a failing switch).

Depending on the model, there may be other error indicators as well. In any case, q quick search found this: Inspiron 530 steady amber power light. - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-button-turns-yellow-instead-of-blue-1139722.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This is a long story I have a Amptron M MR with P cpus, mobo? screens: power, or blue EB and MB DIMMS The system is also configured with a single IDE disk for boot and a highpoint SATA RAID controller with GB drives running RAID Also in the box are three NICs and a dual-head Matrox AGP card The machine has run reliably since May this year and the case had hosted a dual-PPro board reliably for a blue screens: cpus, power, or mobo? couple years prior to that The machine dual boots Win Pro and RedHat Windows got infected with some Nachi variant weeks ago so I cleaned it and installed SP Since then the machine blue-screens in Windows and hangs in certain apps on Linux The Windows blue screen messages vary sometimes I get STOP F messages but more frequently I ll get quot Hardware Error Contact your vendor quot or something like that Linux just locks up no reboot or crash message I ve found that if I swap the processors the system doesn t bomb as often blue screens: cpus, power, or mobo? and if I remove the original CPU of from the system it s much more reliable at least it s been up for nearly hours under fairly heavy load Before I start buying replacement hardware I want to solicit some opinions I m wondering if the power supply has gotten flaky if the motherboard is losing it or if I need to buy another pair of processors I can offer more information later I m at the office now and don t have access to the hardware nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Hello to whoever finds me Blue Screen Shutdown...wont Off!!! @ Power I recently completely rid Blue Screen @ Shutdown...wont Power Off!!! my Toshiba Notebook of all spyware and malware with the assistance of one of the teachers in the HJT Forums My computer is popup free and running FAST once again In the midst of the numerous shutdowns and reboots that I had to do as part of the process I developed a problem My notebook will not power off on its own I go through the normal process Start gt Shut Down gt Shut Blue Screen @ Shutdown...wont Power Off!!! Down in Drop down menu OK and XP Shuts itself down After confirmation that Windows XP has shut down my screen goes blue and I have to press and hold the power button down for - sec to get it to turn off Blue screens worry me probably from the urban legends lol so I am seeking help to fix this little bug that has crept up is it hardware software Any help is appreciated Thank You dc

A:Blue Screen @ Shutdown...wont Power Off!!!

It sounds like you have a hung appliication. Make sure that all of your applications are shut down completely prior to shutting down windows. Let me know if this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-shutdown-wont-power-off-73064.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Just recently I began getting a blue screen with the words Power State Failure, mainly while browsing the internet, sometimes with other programs open, sometimes not. I wish I had more information than that but it restarts the computer so quickly I barely have time to read the rest of the information, though when it happens again I'll update this. I was hoping you guys may know more about it and possibly have a fix.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit--if you need more info, let me know. Thanks!

A:Blue Screen Power State Failure

Excuse the lack of details:

OS - Windows 7
? x64
? OEM
? Have had it 3 months and never reinstalled OS, so OS has been installed 3 months.
? AMD Phenom II x4 940 3.0ghz
? ATI Radeon HD 4670
? MotherBoard -- not sure (where would I find it?)
? Power Supply -- not sure (where would I find it?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-power-state-failure-494574.html
Relevancy 39.99%

There was a power outage/spike for one second today, all the lights fliped off and back on, reset all electric devices. I was using my computer at the time. when it went to restart while on the starting windows screen it stops, blue screens.

the screen says BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

I ran a chkdsk in the cmd of the repair partition. all checks came back ok.

I reseated everything in my case.

I tried booting from a bootable usb to repair windows and was unable to boot from it.

Im assuming something is broken and I will obviously need to get a better surge protector or a ups. Though the hd seems the most logical thing to be broken the chkdsk comming back ok leaves me with no ideas.

any help would be appreciated.

A:Power blip - Blue screen on startup

Reboot or turn on the machine. As soon as you see your machine's name logo splash screen keep tapping F8. Go to "Advanced Options" or "Repair Computer" Select your language then "Repair Your Computer" An installation of Windows should be detected after that select "Next"

If that does not fix the issue. Do the same as before go to Next again go to command prompt type in

Code:

CHKDSK C: /R
Go to Memtest86+ download the ISO image then burn it to a blank cd using Imgburn (how to burn an ISO image to cd using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd and one RAM module at a time, boot with the cd and run at least 7 passes errors will be in RED

Repeat the process with each RAM Module at a time.

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. The Seagate HDD diagnostics tools will work on most hard drives.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/power-blip-blue-screen-on-startup-656234.html
Relevancy 39.99%

When I turn on my computer, a blank blue screen comes up and remains.  The startup sequence does not initiate and the computer will turn off after a minute or so.  Hitting the esc key after power-on gets me to the "Choose an Option" page.  From "Advanced Options", I have tried "System Restore" and "Startup Repair" neither fixed the problem.  Unable to boot in safe mode or change any of the startup settings because the system startup (restart) sequence is broken. A hard system reset did not work and pushing the F2 Key does not bring up the sys diag page. At this point, it seems that the only options left are trying to boot from a USB device or doing a PC Reset (keep my files)? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks          

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/At-power-up-blue-screen-then-system-turns-off-on-its-own/td-p/5727229
Relevancy 39.99%

Power button on bottem does not work.

A:S6500 blue tooth speaker no Power

Hi, Have you plugged power and turned on ( at the back ) yet ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/S6500-blue-tooth-speaker-no-Power/td-p/5568060
Relevancy 39.99%

running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit. clean install, a hour later it would blue screen and reboot on its own. sometimes if i leave the computer running for the entire day, it wouldnt crash. i disabled hibernation, sleep, and hdd sleep. this is on a brand new custom built computer. (my friend's pc also has the same specs except for the video card) but he says he never experienced bsod. i also have a old belkin surge protector that's almost 10 years old, could that be the culprit? here are the dumps and the text file from blue screen view.

A:Blue Screen - kernel power event id 41

Do a search here and on the Windows 7 Forum on Kernel power ID 41. Their seems to be many having this show up on the Event Viewer. I have not seen anyone figure it out yet. I am also getting this after a BSOD .......Peter

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71740-blue-screen-kernel-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi here is my unique problem it all started a month ago when my pc didn t turn on it happened like that it was on but there were no screen and I realized it s rebootin again and of death?! Power screen failure on blue or again seconds in a row after that I changed my power since I realize that s the prob but after I bought a new power which was tested the problem continued I mean it did t fix just turned on once then I figured out a rediculous way to turn it on I started changing the place of quot reset sw quot that is for the reset button on the case by pluging it in to beside simular slots and after doing that for several time or in cases one time pc boots cuz still Power on failure or blue screen of death?! does but after a while it started Power on failure or blue screen of death?! to crash with death blue screen and most of the time says irql less or not equal which I also found a way for that I did these Power on failure or blue screen of death?! things randomly to turn it on clearing cmos removing ram and powering on pc then putting it back and powering again changin hard drive port to another right slot and even once removing and puttin back cpu but I didn t power on the pc when I removed it and it all used to work till tonigh that whatever I do it ends up with the blue death after about ten min after I work with pc now I m really stuck and I really have no Idea what to do so only if you can help me that means blieve me alot to me I ll really be thankful nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-on-failure-or-blue-screen-of-death.183077/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am getting a blue screen stating "Driver Power State Failure"
The following is what I get off a screen that pops up after the computer restarts:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 9f

BCP1: 0000000000000003

BCP2: FFFFFA8007559060

BCP3: FFFFFA8007554060

BCP4: FFFFFA800544F2E0

OS Version: 6_0_6002

Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini110412-16.dmp

C:\Users\Jordan A Lampila\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-83039-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Jordan A Lampila\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5B1A.tmp.version.txt

I can't view any of the mini dump files saved on my computer to get more info or involved files.
Can anyone help me and tell me what driver or hardware is causing problems.
This started after i got the first LCD display switched out back in May of 2012. It started within a couple months ago.

A:Driver power state failure - Blue Screen

Hi jlampila,

We can try few troubleshooting steps to isolate the issue between hardware/software:

To check if it is related to hardware, run the built-in diagnostics provided by the manufacturer on the computer to check if the hardware is working fine.

If diagnostics passes then it could be related to a driver problem.

You can configure the windows to ensure that minidump files are created, please follow the steps mentioned in the link: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD - Windows 7 Forums

With this information we can help: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Please post the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/298607-driver-power-state-failure-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

My laptop does not shut down completely when powered off. I got a blue screen indicating that there was a Driver Power State Failure. I've attached the dump files from the last two failures. Can someone help me out here?

A:Blue Screen - Driver Power State Failure

Quote: Originally Posted by jeffH

My laptop does not shut down completely when powered off. I got a blue screen indicating that there was a Driver Power State Failure. I've attached the dump files from the last two failures. Can someone help me out here?

Your storage controller (iastor) is causing memory corruption.

You should update its driver and download and run memtestx86, run it for 5 passes to test your memory

Let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Dumps\050610-23727-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03051000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0328ee50
Debug session time: Thu May 6 13:08:54.983 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:20:22.918
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8003d00040, fffff80000b9c4d0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 0000000000000258, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa8003d00040, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff80000b9c4d0

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 4

FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8003d00040

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030c8752 to fffff800030c74da

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02fd2130 fffff800`030c8752 : fffffa80`03d00040 fffffa80`03d00040 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`02fd2270 fffff800`030ca8af : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`02fd2300 fffff800`031d17f5 : fffffa80`05e30c00 fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`04a69b00 fffffa80`05e5a300 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`02fd23a0 fffff880`01104c28 : fffffa80`046... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83554-blue-screen-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello Every body,

I Lastly experiencing a Bleu screen with a message titled "Driver power state failure". Sometimes when I'm working on batteries...

As I already see some topics in this furum, please find attached my minidump file for your convenience.

Thank you for your kind support.

A:Windows 7 Blue Screen, Power State Failure

Please try to logged on With Safe Mode and Remove Software or Hardware Device Driver until You have a Installed in a Last....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-blue-screen-power-state-failure-589076.html
Relevancy 39.56%
A:driver power state failure' blue screen

Hi phant0m2012.

The BSODs are caused by TOSHIBA DIB7700 based TV tuner device.
(c:\windows\system32\drivers\dvb7700all.sys)

Code:
Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 0 fffffa80063511f0 00000000 00000000-00000000
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dvb7700all.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dvb7700all.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dvb7700all.sys
\Driver\DVB7700ALL
Args: 00016600 00000001 00000004 00000005
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8006370470 00000000 00000000-00000000 pending
\Driver\ksthunk
Args: 00016600 00000001 00000004 00000005
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa8006366010

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
The tuner is actually a YUAN DVB-T/Analog Hybried TV Tuner, but TOSHIBA OEM. And, Toshiba does not have any driver for that device that can work with Windows 7. Have a look here: Support :: Toshiba :: Computers, Laptops/Notebooks, Tablets, Televisions, DVD and Blu-Ray Players, Camcorders, Storage, Accessories, and more

Attachment 315524

In this situation, it will be the best for you to disable the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329797-driver-power-state-failure-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi There so it turns out I m a total idiot My eraser fix?] power *[possible blue farbar screen) (norton = desktop uses Windows Vista Home Premium and it was bought complete from this company music-pc com - they optimise pcs for music production I had a backdoor tidserv kmem something like that virus and I used norton to find what the virus was but then it said it needed a manual fix and i would need norton power eraser for this I ran it and it found some files I believe one was call PCAudio dll can (norton power eraser = blue screen) *[possible farbar fix?] t remember if it was actually a dll file and it was called a rootkey or rootkit type of file I thoughtlessly erased it and restarted my computer However on restart I found that I blue screen whenever I actually boot properly NIGHTMARE I m guessing that what I deleted was actually a key registry file for the whole computer or maybe a part of an important driver I was hoping that this (norton power eraser = blue screen) *[possible farbar fix?] might be ok as norton eraser uses a system restore function however when I tried system restore booting from the windows installer cd nothing changed I still blue screen as windows loads I then read my documentation that comes with my music-pc music-pc com and it says that I shouldn t boot with the windows cd that they provided as it will quot remove all music optimisation windows updates hardware drivers and support warranty quot DANG Thankfully they said they will hopefully be able to send me an installation cd for this but I may have to wait a week or so They have been (norton power eraser = blue screen) *[possible farbar fix?] really friendly but I wonder whether I might need to reformat the whole pc with this solution I was wondering whether I might have a shot at getting back to before all of this trouble if I use a farbar combofix solution It would be very difficult to get my computer back to normal from scratch I don t care if I have the backdoor virus as long as my computer and music programs work i work offline I just want updates now and then The backdoor virus seemed to be stopping windows updates which was what I was initially after though a fix for this as well would be great I just want my pc working first Any help would be very much appreciated Here is my computer spec should I need to go and hunt for some hardware drivers now though I m not even sure I would have any hardware drivers everything i have is in the box so to speak Antec P Advanced Mid Tower Case MILL A Antec Truepower TP- W PSU MILLQPC T Millennium build setup test and config MILL Asus P QD Turbo MILL A Quad core q ghz mb MILL C Scythe Ninja II cm Heatpipe Cooler MILLQPCNINJA GIG DDR MILL GIG DDR MILL Nvidia EN GT HTD Silent MB MILL GB Serial ATA RPM MB Cache MILL C GB Serial ATA RPM MB Cache MILL F DVD-RW Dual Layer DVD- R x NECDVDRW X WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM BIT MILL VISP Dual Boot setup MILL A IK SampleTank II LE amp OmniSynth GM OFFER IKZ GMOEM Thanks again tell me if you need me to clarify anything I know how to run farbar btw and have used it to good effect previously on my laptop I just wanted to know what you think before I go ruining anymore stuff one last thing my computer boots differently to my laptop so if i were to use farbar I can t just press f to get to the system repair restore menu would I press f instead or would i chuck the windows cd in again

A:(norton power eraser = blue screen) *[possible farbar fix?]

I have just scanned my pc with farbar. Please see attached script>>

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462781/norton-power-eraser-blue-screen-possible-farbar-fix/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey Guys!

I Need some help, I'm getting a driver power failure followed by a blue screen of death almost everyday and 2-4 times. Last minidump file is attached, Thanks a lot for help.

Best regareds
Skhan

A:Blue Screen with DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Hi Safyz and welcome to TSF.

Could you give us your full system specs so we can see what we are working with. If you are unsure what your specs are, download and run Speccy, then when it's generated the information (about 10 seconds) go File>Save Snapshot, and attach that .speccy file as well. (You will need to zip it to attach it here: Right click on it and select 'Send To'>'Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Could you also tell us what PSU (Powers Supply Unit) you have and what wattage it is. To find this out, turn off the computer and open it up and look for a label on it. It should tell you the make and wattage there.

Also, next time you boot the machine can you:

Window Key+R and type msconfig and hit OK.
Under 'Services tab', tick 'Hide all Microsoft Services' and then uncheck the remaining programs and 'Apply'
Then under 'Startup tab' - Uncheck anything not Microsoft related then 'Apply' and OK

Could you also let me know if you have recently installed any new programs or hardware. What anti-virus are you running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-with-driver-power-state-failure-574617.html
Relevancy 39.56%

So I keep getting the blue screen Power State Failure which I am sure you are all aware of. It's happening a lot to me, and it really needs to go away it's causing my computer to be incredibly slow. I think you need my minidumps to tell me how to fix this but I don't know how to get them on here... The help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 39.56%

I don't know what's wrong with my laptop It's an MSI CX62 2QD if it helps. The laptop power button keeps turning blue then fading and the screen stays black no matter how many times i hit the power button. Before this happened, I was using the laptop and it was fine except for the laptop suddenly black screening twice.
And the night before, i don't know if this i related but i got a notification saying that the laptop memory is running low and that I should remove or close some programs.

Now i dont even know what's wrong with my laptop. Please, does anyone know? I have my finals coming up and Programming is next and I'd definitely need to use my laptop.

Update: I just hit the power button again and it flickered red and blue and now it stays blue except the screen is still black.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-laptop-power-button-keeps-turning-blue-then-fading.1166564/
Relevancy 39.56%

so my buddy's laptop went to a blue screen with a bunch of stuff on it she didnt bother writing down, and she turned it off. every time after that he has tried to turn it on a few random lights blink but no post and the screen doesnt even come on. ill put up the exact specs later today but i figured i would start here, when he calls me later ill post the specs and stuff.

A:laptop blue screen of death, now wont power on

I'd start by making sure the power adapter is working and the jack on the laptop has not broken - as is common.

Then I'd try re-seating the memory or try the memory one at a time if there's more then one stick.

You could also have them remove the battery and try it just on AC power and vice versus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-blue-screen-of-death-now-wont-power-on.615651/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi evryone   i hve hp laptop  :   HP Pavilion 15-n240tx : intel core i 7 4500 uRAM 8 GBHDD 1 TBNDIDIA GeForce GT 740 m i use Windows 8.1 64 bit when i install Last Drivers on my laptop and use 10 min laptop  i recives this error :   The Driver Power State Failure Blue Screen and system down  i Tired to change windows and install again it and drivers i tested all af version of VGA DRIVER on HP suport website i Know this problem Related to VGA Driver but i cant solve iti dont have this problem on win 7 or ubuntu - this problem just in win 8.1 PLZ Help me   tnx  

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,

I have only ever had one BSOD before and managed to resolve this by posting in Forum.

Details in the Event Viewer are as follows:-

Event ID 41

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2013-08-19T06:46:46.482036900Z

EventRecordID 342354

Correlation

- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Paul-PC

- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 244

BugcheckParameter1 0x3

BugcheckParameter2 0xfffffa800527a040

BugcheckParameter3 0xfffffa800527a320

BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff800037d90d0

SleepInProgress false

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Also i got this snapshot when PC boot back up

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800527A040
BCP3: FFFFFA800527A320
BCP4: FFFFF800037D90D0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I have also uploaded dump files - hopefully somebody will be able to help or advise

Thanks

A:Blue Screen of Death - Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

Hi,

From your logs:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800527a040, fffffa800527a320, fffff800037d90d0}
Probably caused by : smss.exe
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.

Code:

PROCESS_NAME: OrbLauncher.ex
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_OrbLauncher.ex
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_OrbLauncher.ex_IMAGE_smss.exe
Please uninstall all Orb programs from your system, including Orb Networks as they
are contributing towards your BSOD's.

Your Trusteer Rapport Security may be causing issues and may need updating,
it may also be conflicting with Norton.

I would suggest uninstalling Norton, as it hogs resources and causes a lot of BSOD issues.

As an alternative, please download and install:

Microsoft Security Essentials.
Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability
compared to other antiviruses/internet security software.

Note
Once downloaded, update and run a full system scan

STOP F4 can also be related to HDD issues, usually storage.
They can also be related to RAM and virus infection :

Test your hard drive. Perform a Hard Drive Diagnostic

Scan the system for possible virus infection:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/166445-windows-defender-offline.html
http://support.kaspersky.com/5350?vs=s88446#s88446

Post a screenshot of your hard drive using Crystal Disk Info:

CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes, test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Tip
Run these tests overnight, pay particular attention to #3 in tutorial if errors occur

Aim to update your storage controller drivers as they are all very old (2009)

Post back any results.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301734-blue-screen-death-event-id-41-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I don't know what my little sister did to my lap top but now when I turn my lap top on it goes right to this black screen with a blue box saying to enter the administration password or power code..??She is 12 and says she don't know what she did and my college stuff is on here please help me!!!

A:Black screen blue box asking for aidmister password or power...

The code I get is : 59947008

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-blue-box-asking-for-aidmister-password-or-power/td-p/5672782
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey,
I just bought a new mobo. And i installed it.
At power up it beeps once. Then it asks me if i want to load windows in safe mode or last know or normally. Either one i try starts loading windows then it goes to a blue screen with text i cant read becasue it restarts right away.
I tried boot fomr cd and formatting my hd but the cpu restarts also once i get into the windows xp install blue screen.

What to do?

Relevancy 39.56%

So I keep getting the blue screen Power State Failure which I am sure you are all aware of. It's happening a lot to me, and it really needs to go away it's causing my computer to be incredibly slow. I think you need my minidumps to tell me how to fix this but I don't know how to get them on here... The help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Blue screen power state failure Windows 7

Okay, I'm sure double posting is probably frowned upon, so sorry. But my computer has gotten 10 times slower just in the past few hours... And now everytime I close my laptop (even for just a millasecond) the computer freezes on a black screen then after 15 minutes of that the error then comes in. I'm not sure if these will help but here are my minidump zips... Somebody please help me I project that needs to get finished before tomorrow night and will all this slowness and crashes I can't stay on task very long. Someone please help, and fast...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-power-state-failure-windows-7.172949/
Relevancy 39.56%

win7 64
8 gigs ram

this error seems to happen randomly

i would be so thankful if you could take a look at this

thank you so much!

A:Blue Screen DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Hi darnapkin,

You should have a look at the BSOD posting instructions, and run the applications listed there and get back to us with all that information.

Meanwhile I've looked through this specific one, error code is:

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8009657060, fffff800044423d8, fffffa800a36ec60}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asmthub3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asmthub3.sys
Probably caused by : asmthub3.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
The driver you're using:

Code:
asmtxhci.sys Wed Dec 08 10:14:06 2010 (4CFF5A6E)
Driver belongs to an USB hub, please update the drivers for this one at the manufactures website here.

Also please update this driver:

Code:
lirsgt.sys Sat Mar 06 19:53:01 2004 (404A2C1D)
Driver belongs to a CopyProtect application, manufacturers site found here. It's dated to 2004 which is way before Windows 7 was created. This shouldn't be used. Either uninstall it or update it.

As I said, if you need more information; I need you to run the applications from the BSOD posting instructions thread.

But you're welcome to try the other things I mentioned first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-driver-power-state-failure-598837.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi

Recently I have a problem with my laptop. I got this error blue screen message which says Driver power state failure. Can somebody help me to analyze my dumpfiles to know what is causing this. I am not a computer specialist and would like to solve this issue as soon as possible.

My laptop is an HP 630 and I ran windows 7 premium edition.

Thanks for the help!!

Cheers

Stijn

A:Blue screen Drive power state failure.

Hi

Can somebody please help me since I travel next week and I would like to take my pc... I hope somebody can let me know what causes the blue screens, I would be greatful forever .

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369547-blue-screen-drive-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Having a problem when working in Photoshop, the screen display freezes, I then get a blue screen followed by the system rebooting. Event viewer lists ?Event ID 41, kernel-power. I?m uploading the dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Blue Screen Crash, Event ID 41, kernel-power

Quote: Originally Posted by epawelko

Having a problem when working in Photoshop, the screen display freezes, I then get a blue screen followed by the system rebooting. Event viewer lists ?Event ID 41, kernel-power. I?m uploading the dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

These were caused byt sbapifs.sys. Sbapifs.sys is related to SBAPIFS Active Protection Driver. Mfr sunbelt

Simply, you should un-install it.

You also have a hardware problem but that may simply be becasue of the sbapifs.

ken
[code]

Code:
[font=lucida console]
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880058867dc, fffff880028c2d60, 0}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+37dc )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
BugCheck F5, {6d, fffffa8006ac82e0, fffffa8006ac8280, 0}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+1fe3 )
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880025327dc, fffff88004611d60, 0}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880057777dc, fffff8800912ad60, 0}
BugCheck C2, {7, 1097, 1a0104, fffff8a00ad27e70}
Probably caused by : sbapifs.sys ( sbapifs+1fdb )
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8005a0c028, f6200009, 2010a}
Probably caused by : hardware

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/88203-blue-screen-crash-event-id-41-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, i keep having this issue. Anyone knows how to solve?
My minidump is https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=392FCBBA17F5ACA1&id=392FCBBA17F5ACA1%21187

A:Blue Screen DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE

Hello regkia and welcome to TSF,

Please read the BSOD posting instruction thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/blue-screen-driver-power-state-failure-635027.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi i am going crazy with the blue screen every day i could really use some help here here are the details Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP A D BCP ADB BCP CC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Windows Temp WER- - sysdata xml i also ran quot blue screen view quot - - dmp PM DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE x f x x a d x adb x cc ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe dcd NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win gdr - -bit C Windows Minidump - - dmp halmacpi dll halmacpi dll ab x d x x x a bbf PM Microsoft Windows Operating System Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL screen failure state blue power driver - win rtm - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system halmacpi dll ntkrnlpa exe ntkrnlpa exe c x c d x d x x b cacf PM Microsoft Windows Operating System NT Kernel amp System blue screen - driver state power failure win gdr - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system ntkrnlpa exe thank You Josh

A:blue screen - driver state power failure

Hi -

Please run Driver Verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

Provide system info/ files - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/blue-screen-driver-state-power-failure-528072.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Every so often my computer crashes out with a debug error and I am struggling to find where the issue is coming from. Over the past few weeks I have tested my RAM which came out clean re-seated the CPU, power cables, graphic cards, tried with one or both graphic cards, have the most up to date drivers but have rolled back and tested with older drivers for many of the components but the same error still pops up.

Please see the error information I have provided as an attachment, as I require some help with eradicating the problem for good.

Thanks in advance
ZAXTHE "not so" GREAT with this one.

A:Blue Screen Crash, Error Kernal Power 41(63)

Hi ZAXTHEGREAT.

Click on the button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349358-blue-screen-crash-error-kernal-power-41-63-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Window Vista OS, IE is not responding and I cannot get Firefox to work either. Don' know what tags are.

Relevancy 39.56%

Hello!

I just bought a new Toshiba laptop on Saturday and I'm already having a bit of a problem. I've searched this out on Google already and it seems most people have this occur in a different situation than I do.

Twice now, I've gotten this blue screen that says "Power Driver State Failure."

It's happened while I was online or today just while I was writing an essay for my college class.

I've made sure everything is updated but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be having problems so soon.

Can anyone help me out?

Any suggestions would be really really appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-power-driver-state-failure.794981/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi listen I know this is one you get all the time ...ok im running windows 7 ultimate 32bit and system has been running fine but lately I getting this blue screen with "Driver state power failure" then system reboots Ive removed programs I dont know what else to do also when doing my google homework a registry download kept coming up is that the answer usually those things are just to make money well thanks for any help please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/driver-state-power-failure-blue-screen-539705.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Hope someone can help with this one Bought this PC recently and have been encountering regular bluescreen crashes This usually happens either at the logon screen or just after logon Once the pc is up and running Acer Blue Solved: Screen F6 Power Regular - its fine and has never crashed after the first couple of minutes Spec Solved: Acer Power F6 - Regular Blue Screen summary is as follows - Summary Manufacturer Acer Product Name AcerPower F Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Business Chipset ATI RC RD RS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz System Memory GB Hard Drive WDC WD JD- MSA ATA Device GB CD DVD Drive LITE-ON COMBO SOHC- V ATA Device Video ATI RADEON XPRESS Series Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Ethernet Card Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Wireless LAN Card RT USB Wireless LAN Card Serial Port Enabled Parallel Port Enabled Fully Updated from MS There was a problem with floppy drive clicking as if it was trying to read a floppy disk every seconds but I disabled the A drive in device manager but the blue screens still occur Thanks in advance for any assistance nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

I found this form by google. on my pc dell 8250 my kids use for ipods and has frozen up before but after turning off on back on comes back to log in area. but know just go to blue screen and stops. I tried safe mode just goes back to blue screen. plus other express test and so on always goes back to blue screen. It happened about 6 months ago and on pc hell or other form they said go to dos and type this and worked great booted right up. I know I can find a way it just takes some time.

Relevancy 39.56%

i got a bsod while having a youtube video up and having webcam on it said something about minidump then restarted just wondering i not long got a tritton headset could this be the cause of it here is information on the problem on even viewer

A:blue screen bsod kernel power event id 41

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290204-blue-screen-bsod-kernel-power-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I know this has been a much discussed topic evident by the many results I have found. My Gateway computer is also having this problem. It seemed to be getting more frequent so I took some of the advice here and updated my graphics driver (ATI Radeon HD 4850 series). This computer is only a few months old. Here is the most recent minidump file. Thanks in advance for any help decoding this error. Todd

A:Power State Drive Failure and Blue Screen

Hello Hot Rod Todd,
This was caused by "sbp2port.sys", do you have any firewire bits on your PC, an ipod, or camera ?.
This sbp2port.sys works with the 1394 storage support, so if you have any devices connected to your PC, disconnect them and try it, if all goes well, you will need to update your drivers.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/261211-power-state-drive-failure-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Received above error x F x x c f b x BAB first time restart Followed by physical memory dump and contact system admin etc The Vista Toshiba Satellite A -S AMD Turion Dual Blue state - Driver Power screen failure Core bit Blue screen - Driver Power state failure will not startup - has dead keyboard as well although it seems to light up Tried putting in restore disc but Blue screen - Driver Power state failure nothing I considered dead and bought a new laptop - HP Windows Didn't like Vista anyway Want to know if there is any hope for repair without costing a fortune I was downloading new BIOS when received a message indicating Blue screen - Driver Power state failure that I needed to be running as administrator which I was The download had not reached backup yet so old BIOS should have been untouched at that point I could not continue so tried to back out Then received above error and blue screen I was hoping to fix keyboard problems and message on your site or a similiar site said new BIOS would fix problem I took the problem laptop to the Geek Squad to copy files from the hard drive and it was in good condition Any help would be appreciated

A:Blue screen - Driver Power state failure

Can you try attach the dump file for it:

Here's how you do it:
http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debu...-analysis.html

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283649-blue-screen-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, my mom's pc and mine were recently hit by viruses. I downloaded some patches, etc. from Microsoft. My pc is OK but my mom's now has a blue screen that says 'please check signal'. Only the screen comes on for 1 minute- can't get anything when we try to power on. :dead: Unplugged everything, replugged it, tried combinations. Just before this, the system would run a debugging program that would freeze everything up. Mom was getting the blue screen before, but she found out that switching the power surge off, then on, fixed the problem. Sorry, I'm new to this site but was hoping for some info because everyone wants to charge her $80 to $100 just to discuss the problem, not to fix it. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

A:BLUE SCREEN: please check signal; no power, won't boot

Sounds like a bad power supply or a power problem that has damaged the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-please-check-signal-no-power-wont-boot.32654/