Windows Support Forum

HP Phoenix Control for LED Lights on Envy 860

Q: HP Phoenix Control for LED Lights on Envy 860

The LED lights on the front of my HP Envy Phoenix 860 only change colors in Red and Green even if those colors are not any of the 4 colors I have chosen in the HP Phoenix Control software. There are no settings or other menus in the Phoenix Control software. Just the 4 different modes. Trying each mode the colors never change to anything but Red and Green. Turining it off and back on has makes no difference either. Based upon the Programs and Features area the version of HP Phoenix Control software that came installed on my computer is 1.1.1. I know Christmas is coming up but only Red and Green all the time is gonna get old. Thanks for your help. Scott

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Phoenix Control for LED Lights on Envy 860

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Phoenix Control for LED Lights on Envy 860

Hello @Scott1515?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the LED lights, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with teh Product Number of the desktop? Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, have you tried using the HP Support Assistant, to check for updated drivers? Did you always have this issue, or did it just start to happen recently? Looking forward to your reply. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Phoenix-Control-for-LED-Lights-on-Envy-860/td-p/5369299
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

My laptop wont power on at all.
No charge light.
No light when power is pressed.

Was working fine yesterday.
Have tried battery and charger from identical working laptop to no avail.

Any ideas? I can usually fix laptops etc but if it wont power on at all I'm lost.

A:Dell Latitude E6520 won't power up (no lights at all)

Did you try removing the battery and AC adapter and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then re-installing the battery and try booting again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-e6520-wont-power-up-no-lights-at-all.196334/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, I have a single network with wired and wireless connection. I would like to control bandwidth usage by the users because some users just download big files while others watch movies on the network.
how best and how first can I solve this?
is it possible for me to allocate bandwidth to a specific access point?
I badly want to find users who are watching movies or downloading big files and control them.
thank you

A:Bandwidth monitoring and control

First caveat, there's a difference between Monitoring vs Controlling bandwidth.

That said, Paessler has good tools for monitoring. It is not clear that they also control.

They document Four Methods of Monitoring.

Download and use the 30-day free trial.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bandwidth-monitoring-and-control.216145/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

Kindly advise how can I avoid the control and traffic limit set on the TP LINK router by the admin ? We are not operating through servers.....just a router and switch. The purpose is I can download without identifying its my PC.

A:Avoid Bandwidth/traffic control on router

avoid the control and traffic limit set on the TP LINK router by the adminClick to expand...

Be a good Net citizen and play by the rules. Techspot does not knowingly support hacking or hackers and bypassing the settings of an admin is hacking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/avoid-bandwidth-traffic-control-on-router.208237/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello there,
You can't buy these any more, and there's nothing on ebay.
Anyone have any ideas or one to sell. please let me know!
-Lisa renee

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-control-pod-for-altec-lansing-fx4021-speaker-system.207745/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I bought

A:Will lights draw too much power?

Josh86 said:

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I boughtClick to expand...

Josh*^ - the lights could not possibly be pulling more that 10 watts, at an extreme. Probably they are actually pulling a level that you could not notice before-and-after if you used an actual measurement, such as with the Kill-A-Watt.

Same for fans, and most anything else you plug in or on except video cards.

Everyone: you will spend all kinds of money to have powerful components, and a suitable power supply - so go ahead and get an ACTUAL power draw measurement -

The kill-a-watt is simple to use and read, very simple. it costs $20 or $25.

You can use it on anything you plug into a 120 volt outlet. Vacuum cleaner, hair curler, radio, anything. It tells you exactly how much power is being used. Exactly.

For over a decade, these power calculators have been estimating power needs, and they have been over-estimating by 100% the entire time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-lights-draw-too-much-power.207856/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a kenwood kdc-x798 and 2 12'' inch kickers powered by a kicker zx750.1

the rca ports on the deck read from top to bottom
sw
front
rear

and on the amp it only has input and output rca ports

my subs only work on the front rca port on the deck
and on this port I cant control my sw gain (-15 to +15)
and I cant turn them off on the deck neither even though there is
the option to. I can change sub output with the bass control though

on the sw rca port the subs just don't work even though all the settings are set
to have them on and working (that I know of)

please help, I like subs but not all the time

A:Can't control my subwoofers through my deck

Car http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/kdc-x798/ or home?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-control-my-subwoofers-through-my-deck.203644/
Relevancy 34.4%

When I power on my Toshiba equium a200-151, the screen lights up but no display at all - even though there is loading activity. I rigged up to my PC monitor and everything is fine - see bios and windows loading etc. Borrowed a spare compatible working screen but same problem. I'm not 100% sure if its the inverter or the ribbon connector - any ideas before I buy a new inverter? Thanks for looking.

A:Lcd lights at power on but no display

I would say that the video cable (ribbon cable) is bad based on what you have tried so far. This cable goes from the motherboard to the LCD display. Did you use the old inverter off the suspect Toshiba when you tried the compatible spare LCD panel?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-lights-at-power-on-but-no-display.203111/
Relevancy 24.08%

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.

A:Temperature control software

andy06shake said:

Just upgraded form my old EVGA Superclocked GTX 570 to my new Palit GTX 770 Jetstream 4Gb, had to fanny around a lot with my Antec 900 case to get the beast to fit but everything seems fine now, card idles at 30-35c. Underload at around 65c. However the overclocking/temperature control software that came with the card, Thunder Master just does not quite seem up to par with EVGA Precision. Can anyone tell me if I can continue to use EVGA Precision safely and without any adverse effects with this Palit card because I just cant seem to get to grips with this Thunder Master. For some reason it trys to allways achieve 70c.Click to expand...

My recommendation is to use MSI afterburner for your temperature controlling needs and overclocking. It is non-biased and will work with any video card no matter the type, whether its amd of nvidia, and who made it.

Link here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/temperature-control-software.199318/
Relevancy 27.09%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 23.65%

I had to format and re-install Windows XP on a Satellite A105-S4201 Laptop. I installed XP, and updated to SP3. The brightness control no longer works using Fn+F6/F7 (or any other way for that matter). It was working before the format.
I tried a couple of different Common Modules installs. This one: tc00324000b (version 6.07.03) won't even install. Gave me error message, "TVALG Driver installation has failed". And this one: SPA210 TCommon Modules-XP (version 1.00.06) installed, and had me restart, but when I tried to install the hotkey utilities afterward, it said "TOSHIBA Common Module not found! This setup will terminate." Also, I have the latest BIOS version installed (v 6.0)
Any ideas?

A:Fn Brightness Control lost, Toshiba Laptop

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-brightness-control-lost-toshiba-laptop.197580/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey everyone,

So I am using Windows 7 and I have been trying to open my Sound options under my Control Panel to no avail.

When I click on the "Sound" text, my Control Panel box slightly fades as if a window is going to open but no such window ever does. 5-10 minutes later, the sound controls will finally pop up. It is experiencing some kind of heavy delay.

I have been told it may be a driver issue but my drivers are relatively new (3-4 weeks old).

Let me know if you guys have any solutions.

Thanks.

A:Sound Control Opening With Heavy Delay

Hmm, could be a bug with the new drivers.

Try un-installing all audio devices and then re-install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-control-opening-with-heavy-delay.195146/
Relevancy 33.54%

I 7850 Radeon lights on HD flickering 3d has games? appearing had tried playing Dota last night with my new rig just to test how much the graphics would differ from my old one Upon launching it I noticed some white horizontal lines appearing in the screen and only in the game Researching the problem people seems to Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games? have been complaining about the AMD series and this particular problem for a while now But in some cases people had already fixed this problem I was wondering if anyone would be familiar with this and could help me with it The rig s GPU is a HIS Radeon HD and the monitor is a quot LG one with only VGA I am using a VGA to DVI converter that was included in Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games? the GPU box the screws are a bit loose on this one so maybe this contributes to the problem I already had downloaded AMD s Catalyst but it didn t solve the problem Currently losing confidence on AMD cards now Probably should ve bought a ti Boost instead I prefer not to give up on the GPU though if possible nbsp

A:Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games?

See if you can tighten the screws at all, but I highly doubt thats the problem, More likely a driver problem. It comes for some and doesnt for others in AMDs case as far as I can tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7850-has-flickering-lights-appearing-on-3d-games.194696/
Relevancy 33.97%

I decided to build a gaming pc and have set everything up but when it came to turning it on nothing happened besides the led on the graphics card and motherboard lighting up

A:My motherboard and graphics card lights up but nothing else happens

What are your full system specs (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, GPU, PSU, HDD, and OS [32 or 64bit]?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-motherboard-and-graphics-card-lights-up-but-nothing-else-happens.194151/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

A:HP envy 1038-nr

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-1038-nr.194074/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an desktop-ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo motherboard w/ 6GB 1600 memory.(Need more info ask) and I have Norton 360 v6 and it's Diagnostic Report tells me that the Power Control [2012/01/16]....Root\Legacy_{1BA31E5A-C098-42D8-8F88-3C9F78A2FDDC}\000 is not present or not working, or doesnt have all of it's drivers. Can someone tell me if this is the power control for the computer case or the power control in system???? And how do I correct the problem? Now what I'm guessing that the effects is when you click to restart or turn off the computer it doesn't turn off right away it takes a long time to shut-down.Sometimes I have to use the button on the case to shut it off to restart it!!!!

A:Power control?

The Windows install is probably partially corrupt after a long time of downloading and browsing activity. Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? I'm not a fan of anything Norton, because Norton can make things worse when computer slowdowns are noticed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-control.187449/
Relevancy 34.4%

Not sure what they are called but those lights in computers in some kind of tubing, are they called tube lights or cathode lights and can I do that with my computer or do I need a special setup?

A:Tube/cathode lights

I'd go for these BitFenix Alchemy LED strips, they are very bright, flexible, stick anywhere in your PC and consume hardly any power. All you need is a spare molex connector from your power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tube-cathode-lights.186971/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all A few or POST fans display no work, system; and Homebuilt lights but weeks ago one of my friends and I decided to build a PC for my dad we both have minimal experience but my friend has built PCs before I ve helped others design PCs Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST but I ve never physically built one Anyway I checked everything out to make sure it s all compatible technically it should work but we Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST ve run into a few problems After connecting everything to the appropriate terminals and turning on the machine I noticed Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST that all of the fans including the CPU fan were in perfect working order the case LEDs hooked up to the mobo work fine and the mouse and keyboard light up when the PC is turned on However there is no response from the Disk Drive or Hard Drive and the monitor claims there is quot no incoming signal quot All of the hardware is brand new straight out of the box so I m not sure what the problem is Any suggestions are most welcome as I have four days to finish this thing Here are the specs There is no graphics card because my friend informed me that the particular CPU we picked out has HD graphics onboard meaning we wouldn t need a graphics card The monitor is rather old and has a D-Sub connector but it was working well last week and the mobo I picked out is compatible with D-Sub CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H M-DS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Disk Burner ASUS DVD CD Player Burner Tower NZXT Source Elite White Steel RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB Hard Drive II Seagate Barracuda GB Power Supply Corsair quot CX Builder Series quot nbsp

A:Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST

There is no onboard video on that board. Not sure why your friend told you that, cpu has nothing to do with it. You will need to add a graphics card to fix your problem. Here are the board specs.. If you can exchange the board for it's z68 counterpart (paired with your i3) you could than get onboard graphics and not need a GPU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128527

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/homebuilt-system-fans-and-lights-work-but-no-display-or-post.175386/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just bought a Acer laptop. The model, as it says on my laptop, Aspire 4752-6838.

The problem is that my fn hotkeys do not work for raising and lowering the volume or muting or playing. That would be fn + up, fn + down, and fn + f8, respectively.

Interestingly enough, my fn hotkeys work for other functions like num lock, brightness. Im not sure about my other fn keys working, but i dont have a need for them, so i dont care. However i really want to use my fn hotkeys for volume control.

Is there any way to enable this? Or does any one know where this problem arises and a solution?

BTW i read the manual and it doesn't help me with my problem. I also tried searching google and found no help either. If anyone knows where else i can look, that would help too.

A:My fn hotkeys do not work for volume control

Take it back to where you bought it and have them take a look. It could be a faulty keyboard. What version of Windows are you running? Have you run Windows update till no more updates are found?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-fn-hotkeys-do-not-work-for-volume-control.175048/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi,
I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-no-lights-but-green-light-on-power-supply-blinks-rapidly.174252/
Relevancy 24.08%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 21.07%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 24.08%

i reinstalled windows earlier today, and after installing realtek drivers, the jacks are not visible...they work fine and all, but onyl 2 of them show, there should b three at the back and 2 at the front....ive tried 3 different versions of the drivers, 2 directly from realtek and one from Intel ( i have an intel motherboard)...
tell me how to fix this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-control-panel.170398/
Relevancy 34.4%

HI guys, so i got a Wireless G router (Belkin) havent used it awhile, so im guessing its dead. but yeah just wanted to verify. I technically have power on the router, b/c when i plugged it, has all the lights turned ON, but it wont turn off, i mean the modem light and status lights are all on. except for the ones at the top. LIke it is forever booting. My system cant detect the router at all. Any advise?

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-lights-all-on-wont-turn-off.168319/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi,my default monitor on my laptop has been turned off in the control panel/...the secondary monitior isnt enabled either,so i cant get into it turn it back..so im left with a blank screen and i dont know what to do...my laptop is a dell latitude d610,running on xp...thanks ...jim

A:Default monitor has been turned off in control panel on laptop

A little confusion on my part here! Are you talking about (two) external monitors being hooked up to one lap top computer? Or are you referring to the (default) monitor, being it's own built in screen being the (default) which wont work? And if the built in LCD screen won't work, are we talking about you hooking up an external monitor, which will not work as well? And something about you shutting down your computer ability to show itself on a monitor that may have some how been turned off, probably through your XP's (control panel) under (display)!

This was just me thinking of these question "out loud", maybe if we could have a little bit more insight to your problem, we could advise on how to fix it!

Keep us in the loop...............

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-monitor-has-been-turned-off-in-control-panel-on-laptop.164973/
Relevancy 32.25%

Dell inspirion 5100 won't boot,already replaced power jack,problem improved slightly now shows following ,where as previously nothing.
with no battery + external power power and batttery light flash green every 10 sec .
with battery + external power power momentary flash twice of battery ,power and drive. battery light bright other two dull . no fan or other noise apparent screen stays blank.
Any ideas of source of problem, Help. need service manual , only found fsm for pull apart no info on servicing/repair or trouble shooting. nyome have a link to same. can't locate bios battery counldn't see it any where on mother board ,? wher is it would replace if new where it was. Any help apreciated
darkrider-

A:Dell Inspiron 5100 won't boot blank screen no noises no permanent lights

You will find all the info here including manuals.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

As you have no fans running this sounds like a power supply failure which could be internal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5100-wont-boot-blank-screen-no-noises-no-permanent-lights.164191/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have a dell 1525
win 7 ultimate
when replacing the touch pad i noticed it has a ir receiver
so i bought a remote
really cool but only does basic functions after i click on media center
cant figure out what driver to use
gotta be a way
and of course dell wont talk to you without giving up you first born lol
there has gotta be a way anyone smarter than me have any ideas
or can maybe explain why only works after i click on media center/
thanks as usual

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-remote-control.159386/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello there all this is my first time trying to troubleshoot my own computer so I figure that lights activity? no up, LED other in front I would try to head to this forum for some assistance The other day there was what I think was a power surge through the lines which fried my router which now just turns on but cant transmit the internet signals through it because my computer shows a connection but just sits at limited connectivity and destroyed something with my desktop I am much more concerned with my desktop currently and I am wondering what the problem might be When the power is turned on to the computer the LED in the front lights up on the power button but there is absolutely no activity for the computer what so ever This leads me to believe that the motherboard is fried Am I correct in this assumption The motherboard is a Foxconn M PMV if that helps anyone Thanks so much if you can help with this Nix nbsp

A:LED in front lights up, no other activity?

Swap out the power supply first, before the motherboard. Open the computer case and check and smell for burned components. If you don't see or smell anything, hopefully its only the power supply. Just because you have a power light, this doesn't mean that the power supply is putting out all the necessary voltages that a computer needs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/led-in-front-lights-up-no-other-activity.157280/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a dell 2650 and i had to enter safe mode to disable my audio control
82801ca/cam/ac'97 audio control because it freezes my computer if i enable
it not sure how to fix this problem i run xp professional also reinstalled and sound worked after installation but froze on restart any advice thanks.

A:Audio control

When you first turn on your pc you should see something like push Delete to enter setup or BIOS. do that and search to disable the onboard sounds card. If you want to buy a new sound card look at this Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme $49

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-control.156008/
Relevancy 24.08%

Last year I bought a Creative SB see my specs to replace my on my I sound don't have control card of board card I am constantly having problems For example I run the following games Call Of Duty UA IL Red Orchestra I also use TeamSpeak I was using a Razer headset but cord got yanked and the mic quit working Now I m using a cheap USB headset When I don't have control of my sound card I switched I couldn t get the headset to work I tried everything Then suddenly it started working I m not even sure what I did The problem was I no longer had sound through my speakers only the headset Then after several months suddenly the headset went dead I spent an hour trying to figure out why Again I have no clue what I did but it started working again This time I had Teamspeak on the headset and all game and browser sounds from the speakers Tonight it happened again Now I have game sounds in the headset and teamspeak on the speakers What the heck is going on here and is there a way to straighten it out Also if there is a better way to write this post please explain I d like to learn for future reference nbsp

A:I don't have control of my sound card

Hi Hurriken,

firstly great choice of game IL2

When you bought the cheaper headset was there software that came with it? ther maybe some default settings that are causing changes to the sound to be made. Also stupid question i know but i have done this myself - have you got all the leads in the right place i.e speakers in green jack + mic in pink jack?

You could also try updating your SB drivers just in case but doubt the issues is there. It may alos be worth spending a couple of mins checking the Sound config settings on the SB Card software making sure that your headset is setup correctly there

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-dont-have-control-of-my-sound-card.155584/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, just wondering if anyone can tell me in the Nvidia Cotrol Panel how can can i make Nvidia's settings stick after restarting my laptop?

The color is always set to "other applications control color settings". What and where are those settings as well?

Maybe i can fix my color problems using the "other applications" thing but where is that?

I'm currently using windows vista and a GeForce 9650m GT on an asus laptop.

Thanks.

A:Nvidia Control Panel won't save settings after reboot

See the Guide here:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/190.62/190.62_NVIDIA_Control_Panel_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-control-panel-wont-save-settings-after-reboot.154943/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys,

I've had my ASUS G50V for about a year now, and I recently spilled a gracious amount of water right into the keyboard.

Now, whenever I press the power button, the LED display lights up, but then it immediately shuts down.

Any suggestions to what could possibly be the issue? Or is it un-fixable?

Any answers, helpful or not, would be amazing.

Thanks guys,

Chandler

A:ASUS G50V lights up then shuts off

If it has dried out and still doesn't work then the motherboard is probably fried. It is replaceable but usually costs around $400.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g50v-lights-up-then-shuts-off.149751/
Relevancy 24.51%

Good Mornin'- I decided to try on trial the Ashampoo HDD Control to check my relatively new 160GB Hardrive. I was dismayed at the results!...According to this program, my HD's health and performance are poor and it said the the problems were either mechanical or electrical. My machine is a Compaq Presario SR1426NX circa 2004-5 w/ OEM PS. I've been suspicious of the PS for awhile, so I bought a new Corsair VX450W, but have yet to install it. Can anyone please offer some insight into my dilemna? I thank you in advance!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ashampoo-hdd-control.146784/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a new board biostar ta785g3 hd and i have everything connected but whenever i turn on the computer led d2 led1 ph3 d2 ph1 d1 light up first 4 then 3 then 2 and the board shuts down. Everything is brand new i just bought it.
my specs are:
My PSU is raidmax atx 630W
4gb 2 dimm Adata 1600g ram
biostar ta785g3 hd mobo
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
LG 10X Blu-ray Burner

A:Biostar ta785g3 hd mobo starts for 3-5 secs lights led's flash and turns off

Did you use motherboard standoffs? Your system must be overclocked to use that RAM effectively. Is its voltage set too low? Perhaps the PSU is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/biostar-ta785g3-hd-mobo-starts-for-3-5-secs-lights-leds-flash-and-turns-off.145585/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey everyone,

My laptop (i'm not sure the make or model matters) suddenly died, it was working fine one minute, left the room for around 30 seconds, came back and has seemingly has no power. The machine has been running purely off the power adapter because there is no battery. There's no lights on, indicating an electrical connection; it's completely dead. I used a phase tester to confirm a good power adapter, so the problem seems to be with the computer. I don't think the electrical input socket (?) is at fault cos it's not loose.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe it has something to do with that internal coin-shaped battery?

I'd really appreciate any help because i'm completely at a loss as to what i should do next...

Thanks!

A:ZE4500 Laptop Suddenly died, lights out, no sign of life, boo

Could be a dry joint on power connector, underside motherboard try wiggling to see if you get some response, coin battery is only to retain CMOS information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ze4500-laptop-suddenly-died-lights-out-no-sign-of-life-boo.144237/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all,

I have a HP Pavilion DV1000.Every time I power the laptop the power light and few other light on the top comes on and it goes off again.
I have tried different power adaptors and still no luck.

Any sugestion please.

Patrick.

A:HP Pavilion DV1000 power lights comes on and then it goes off again

I had a Mobile phone that did that replaced battery and it became fully functioning again. Is there any way to run without battery attached? power source only or could you borrow a battery from someone to check results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv1000-power-lights-comes-on-and-then-it-goes-off-again.143815/
Relevancy 33.11%

Is there a way to mod a case with LEDs and lights to like follow along with the music? I think that would be cool, I know you would need to program or install software, but is there some LEDs and lights someone could recommend or give a guide that tells what to do and stuff.

A:Modding a case with LEDs and lights to respond to audio output

a good place to start would be to search for a perticular kit which is capable of doing that or get hold of a kit which has software able to turn the lights on and off at a button press. Most likely outcome is you or someone else will have to write a program to control them in such a way.

It would be fairly cool to

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modding-a-case-with-leds-and-lights-to-respond-to-audio-output.143322/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I was looking to update my motherboard drivers and there i found update for
my BIOS. My mobo is MSi K8N NEO4 Platinum [MS-7125] 1.0. I downloaded update for BIOS, and i got 4 files: 7125 - Text document that says what is that update doing. it says: This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Improve compatibility problem with nVidia graphic card
- Improve stability problem when doing overclock behavior.
Im getting a new nVidia gpu, and + my system is unstable when oc so i really need this update. I also got a exe. file, and some 160. file. when i click that exe file nothing happens. Last file i got is called How To Flash the BIOS.doc. Do i have to read that file in order to update bios?? I dont understand English very well, is FLASHING bios updating BIOS?

A:How to update Phoenix AWARD BIOS v6.00PG

Unless you are having a problem that the BIOS update will solve, I recommend not flashing the BIOS. There is a risk. If something goes wrong with the flash whether it's your mistake or a power outage or something else, your motherboard could become useless. This is a risk especially if you are not sure how to read the instructions on how to do it.

Do you have a problem that you think updating the BIOS will fix?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-phoenix-award-bios-v6-00pg.143414/
Relevancy 23.65%

I can't explain why but suddenly none of sound drivers including the Windows defaults are showing in the Control Panel for sounds or audio. I've reinstalled the driver for my Delta 44 card three times, ran repair on XP Pro twice and still no show or sound. All drivers are listed as working in Device Manager. I see on the internet that this is not uncommon, but how do you fix it?

Saba Raba

A:Sound drivers not showing in XP Control Panel

Hmmmm.. Are you saying the default Sounds and Audio is also missing from Control Panel???? Is your sound otherwise working OK? It's just the stuff missing from Control Panel???

I don't know i have an answer.. but here's some info/things to try
> Note the "drivers" are what you see in Device Manager (so good they're still there!)
> The stuff in Control Panel aren't the drivers.

To try restoring the Control Panel applets try
> Look in Add/Remove programs. Do you see an entry for your Delta 44? Uninstall it
> Reboot and then try reinstalling the Delta44 stuff

Also, you should also be able to start the standard Windows Sound and Audio applet by Start->Run, enter: mmsys.cpl then click OK

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-drivers-not-showing-in-xp-control-panel.142130/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello people I looked around and could not find a problem exactly like mine So yesterday my computer turned off in the middle of playing a won't start, only lights flash Computer game just completely went dead And then it would not turn back on Computer won't start, only lights flash nothing would happen when I pressed the front button So I flicked the switch on the power supply and waited a bit turned the power supply back on and pressed the button on front again The front light flashed and the fans Computer won't start, only lights flash inside try to spin but then nothing else happens I opened my case and my video card is extremely hot like the fan was not working My mobo light is on but otherwise there are no signs of life inside I have let it cool down and tried again today and it does the same as before light flashes and fans attempt to spin then nothing And it only does it when I turn the power supply switch and leave it off for a bit if I try to turn it on again it does nothing at all Here are my specs - Windows XP SP AMD Athlon GHz Dual Core Processor GeForce GT MB GB Ram Thermaltake Purepower W power supply If you need anything else just tell me Thanks for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-start-only-lights-flash.141636/
Relevancy 24.08%

I installed Gygabtyes HD Radeon 4650 1 gig AGP 8x card. I installed the drivers from the disc and the CCC also. However, I can't seem to get the CCC application to open. Any suggestions?

A:Catalyst Control Center

What have you tried? Can you be a little bit more specific? There are a lot of ways to open a program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center.141489/
Relevancy 33.97%

hi new here I really hope someone around here can help me I have an HP Desktop that is about years old it has an AMD Athlon Processor Windows Vista GB Hard Drive black are screen but running, lights, fans is see can I and a very old Nvidia Card a couple of months ago the computer stopped working I can see lights, fans are running, but screen is black properly it would turn on but it would freeze or sometimes it wouldn t start I took it to a tech guy who had it for about a month and he couldn t find what the real I can see lights, fans are running, but screen is black problem was then when I had lost all faith I went into the HP website and saw that my pc s model had an alert from HP in it it said that some of those models had a bad motherboard and that they would extend warranty and replace the motherboard for free I contacted them and they sent DHL to pick up my computer and I got it back weeks later and it had been working great until today this is a family computer but hasn t been used as much lately because now most family members have laptops still it s used for about hours a day this morning someone turned it on for about an hour and then turned it off without a problem hours later someone turns it on and this is what happens Computer makes noise no beeps only normal computer starting up noise The light that checks the cd drive turns on The fans are running Power button is on but when I turn on the monitor it says quot no signal quot and it goes to sleep I turned it off the computer and the little box it is connected to forgot the name and waited a while then turned on the box power regulator thing or whatever and the computer instantly started running but the same happened it can stay like that for hours I have some computer knowledge when it comes to what to do when the computer is turned on but I know nothing about hardware I really hope someone can help or give me some advice nbsp

A:I can see lights, fans are running, but screen is black

I think the first idea in this Guide may help http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.html
But you may need to contact HP again (if warranty still exists), here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-see-lights-fans-are-running-but-screen-is-black.139058/
Relevancy 33.54%

Power supply - 550w Recom PE-550plus (new)
Motherboard - Asus M4A79T Deluxe (new)
CPU - AMD Phenom II Black edition (new)
Video card - Geforce EN9800GT 1GB (new)
RAM - 2GB DDR3 OCZ Platinum PC310666 7-7-7 @1.8v (new)
Hard drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200 320gb

When I turn my pc on everything runs but my screen gets no signal.
But after 10-15mins~ The monitor getting a signal, the boot screen will show up, but then it shows a bluescreen..
Am thinking its the cpu 1-2 pins were bend and i made then straight again so it would fit in the socket 2 other pins had a S shape bend, but it still fits in the socket with some force.
Other possibility is the Power supply? I dont know..

So please guys help me out here!, Am a girl so this is a bit hard for me =[

A:No beep no screen, but fans/lights/components running

I'm by no means an expert but I had a similar problem with a new build last night. I never waited 10-15 minutes for it to post though so I don't know what it would have done. It appears my memory was bad. When I switched out memory sticks with some others I had in another build, it started right up.

The bent pins on the processors don't sound good however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-beep-no-screen-but-fans-lights-components-running.139124/
Relevancy 33.54%

Compaq Armada 7400 with Win2K OS

Yes, the same laptop with the previous DIAGS partition problem - that was solved! Thanks.

Now ...

It wasn't in use for a few weeks. Then started it up - no front LED indicator lights - sudden shutdowns - battery not charging - replaced battery - charging fine but still no front LED lights and occasional sudden shutdowns.

Any ideas?

Mary

A:Compaq 7400 laptop no front LED indicator lights

"and occasional sudden shutdowns"...

Does this mean that the computer boot into Windows at times even with the panel lights off?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-7400-laptop-no-front-led-indicator-lights.138379/
Relevancy 33.11%

AMD Athlon II X Regor GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX OCGQBOX GIGABYTE GV-N TOC- GI into fans Newly beeps no on, will CPU lights PC, not built bios, come boot and GeForce GT GB -bit GDDR PCI Express Newly built PC, will not boot into bios, fans and lights come on, no CPU beeps x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card GIGABYTE GA-MA T-UD P AM AMD ATX AMD Motherboard hec X-Power Pro W Continuous C ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Stick Patriot ddr This system is put together with an older HD that is working When I turn on the power I get light fans but bios will not load and I get no cpu beeps Have returned and replaced the mobo cpu vid card power supply and ram Tried different case and monitor HD works in another pc I am completely stumped Thought for sure it was the mobo but just got a new one in and its still doing the same thing Get nothing on the monitor no signal Have used different cables to the monitor as well According to Gigabyte everything is compatible Any more ideas Added- From Gigabyte support quot Athlon II X is supported on this board but if current mother board bios is F only that need to update bios to F support processor quot Does this make sense to anyone nbsp

A:Newly built PC, will not boot into bios, fans and lights come on, no CPU beeps

Just in case, did you plug in the 8 pin CPU power supply connector to the motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-will-not-boot-into-bios-fans-and-lights-come-on-no-cpu-beeps.136057/
Relevancy 23.22%

I don t have any clue what would cause this or what did cause it I have the Logitech ClearChat Wireless headset It has an on off switch a mute button for the built-in mic and up down volume controls Well something s happened with Logitech buttons on headset wireless control Volume malfunctioning the volume controls now when I click them and a program window is open it closes it Eithe up or down it appears to be acting as an ALT F macro button Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset I would have posted this on the logitech forums but I can t sign in even though I m using the right email and password it won t let me This is really frustrating because sometimes I listen to music in the broswer and I use the volume controls on the headset Volume control buttons malfunctioning on Logitech wireless headset and now using them closes the browser window or windows media player whatever window is open and focused gets closed when the buttons get pressed Someone PLEASE help me figure out this problem Thanks in advance EDIT it turns out all the control buttons on my keyboard are malfunctioning also I mean the volume control buttons play pause next previous media item favorite buttons music broswer zoom etc keyboard shortcuts they all try to shut down the computer nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/volume-control-buttons-malfunctioning-on-logitech-wireless-headset.136370/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a lenovo laptop its about a year old and it when I turn it on all the boot lights come on then after about 10 secons it turns off nothing boots to the screen. ive tried to boot with just the battery and the same thing happens. The charge lights on the battery show it has a full charge. I would really like some help with this before I have to take it in if its just something simple to fix.

A:Laptop boots all boot lights come on for 10 seconds then turns off

Which model of Lenovo? What is the configuration? Hard drive brand and size, memory, connection?
Has it had any impact while the computer was powered up?
Lenovo laptops are usually among the most reliable, but there are a couple of models that need work.
Try booting to safe mode to see if there is a difference. As soon as you press the <ON> button, press the <F8> key repeatedly once per second. If it works, you will boot to a low resolution screen that is a bit difficult to read. That will tell us a few useful things about what do to next.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boots-all-boot-lights-come-on-for-10-seconds-then-turns-off.135929/
Relevancy 34.4%

Im trying to diagnose a problem on my brother's computer and I need a little bit of help. He has a Dell Inspiron E521 and the lights 3 and 4 on the front are flashing in Green. Is it bad ram? X_X i hope its not the power supply

A:Numbered lights flashing

Dell @ [url said:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ws650/en/ug/advanced.htm#1170800[/url]

1. Reseat the memory modules to ensure that your computer is successfully communicating with the memory.
2. Restart the computer.
3. If the problem still exists, remove all the memory modules and install one memory module in memory module connector 4.
4. Restart the computer.
The following message appears: Alert! Operating in Debug Mode. Please Populate Memory in Pairs for Normal Operation.

5. Press <F1> to boot to the operating system.
6. Run the Dell Diagnostics.
7. If the memory module passes, shut down the computer, remove the memory module, and repeat the process with the remaining memory modules until a memory error occurs during start-up or diagnostic testing.
If the first memory module tested is defective, repeat the process with the remaining modules to ensure the remaining modules are not defective.

8. When the defective memory module is identified, contact Dell for a replacement.
NOTE: If necessary, the computer can operate in debug mode until new memory modules are installed.Click to expand...

My concern on this is that you say the lights are blinking, and the documentation indicates a solid light for the light code. I would suggest reviewing the URL noted above. If you have difficulty using Dell's memory diagnostic, we would suggest Memtest, per this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/numbered-lights-flashing.135246/
Relevancy 23.22%

hi ,
i was trying to fix one of my friends old computer. On that all of a sudden sound stopped working. sound files seems to be playing ,but no output comes through speakers or headphones.
I have done all the basic tests, and evrythng is fine. When i checked in control panel ->sound and audio->voeme tab , device volume ans speaker settings i can't use, it appears like disabled.
Pls note the audio drivers(realtek alc650) are properly installed. I have spent more than a day downloading and reinstalling the drivers and googling to find out the issue. But still in vain. Now i want to try reinstalling XP, but my disks r missing , so i need to give a try in this forum. Pls help.

A:Sound doesn't work (Realtek ac650) and control panel

Look in device manager if the sound device is enabled. If you don't see it, you might need to enable it in bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-doesnt-work-realtek-ac650-and-control-panel.134096/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello fellow Techies- Just wanted some verification- I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 that has no lights- no powwer- and won't turn on. The powercord has its light on and works on other Dell's. I suspect a bad Mother board- Any thoughts?

Dave

A:Dell Inspiron DEAD- No lights Help Needed

Forgot to ask- if the battery is dead- will it create this type of problem?

Dave

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-dead-no-lights-help-needed.133346/
Relevancy 24.08%

Setup MSI -C Mobo Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II with small neoprene rubber washers as balance for contact AMD Phenom II X w stock cooler Diamon help control Need on Northbridge Temp ATI Need help on Northbridge Temp control Radeon Corsair CMX DDR gigs Windows XP SP WesternD HD Thermaltake w PSU Cheapy Apevia computer case w antec mm fans for intake and antec mm exhaust So i ve been researching and people have their Need help on Northbridge Temp control Northbridge temperature at like c- c- degrees on idle and c on full load That s not reality for me though haha My Northbridge goes from c idle to c on full load And thats with the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II Northbridge cooler installed I made sure that the cooler comes in contact w the thermal paste on the chipset so I can t determine the problem myself I know for sure after I post this thread though i m going to further tighten the cooler just a tad bit to see if that helps I hope you guys can give me some insight on how to lower my Northbridge temperatures I don t know if this is important information but the CPU runs around the same temperature as the NB and sometimes even more to about the c range Please help me guys nbsp

Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Folks!

I am having trouble with my computer. i could not get to move my keyboard, once it gets to BIOS....and when i get to windows, it will freeze at the log in screen...Any idea what is going on here?

A:Gigabyte GA-P35-D3SL - cannot control BIOS

Try clearing the CMOS. Remove the button battery for a minute or two with the computer unplugged. Reinstall the battery and restart the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-p35-d3sl-cannot-control-bios.130282/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi folks,

I passed from Vista 32 bit to Vista 64 bit but my dual screen options in Nvidia Control panel are missing!
I was using it to expand my gaming screen to two 22 inch LCD Monitors but Vista 64 bit driver has problems about it?
Do you know how can I solve this problem?

My specs

E8400
GTS 250
GA-X48-DS5 Mobo
4GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive
Vista 64 bit

A:Nvidia Control Center Dual Monitor Options Missing?

Pls help my problem

Pls Help to my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-control-center-dual-monitor-options-missing.130120/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an emachines T5062 you push the power button the on/off switch lights flicker and the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock flicker. the cpu fan and the psu fan works but nothing else. any suggestions

A:On/off switch lights flickering

The power supply or motherboard has failed... Try replacing the power supply first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/on-off-switch-lights-flickering.129869/
Relevancy 37.84%

I need to update the bios on my pcg-c1vp sony vaio netbook"PheonixPhlash Error File open failed on PLATFORM.BIN press any key to exit". The bios is the one that the sony vaio website links to "Phlash5.zip" containing "Phlash5.exe".

Maybe i need to run it outside of windows, but im updating the bios because it won't recognize any external boot formats. Its running windows xp pro at the moment and that is the only capacity that it will boot in.

A:Phoenix bios flash failure

Sony should have Bios Flashing instructions on their support website. Find them! Most of the time bios are flashed outside of Windows using a bootable floppy or CD/DVD disc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-flash-failure.129716/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, Can anyone help with this please. I recently bought a studio 1735 laptop, It has soft touch media keys that light when you push them, problem is, I cant see them. They are in a black panel and are hard to see in daylight, no chance at night. Is there any way to switch the lights on all the time.
Thanks for any help

A:Dell studio lights help

Please freely "chat" with Dell here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html
I really don't know this one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-lights-help.116581/
Relevancy 33.54%

My laptop is pretty new, about 1 year old. I usually unplug my laptop when I go to sleep, and tonight, when I tried turning it on, it didn't start. So I thought the battery had gone out, and I plugged it in, and yet it still didn't turn on. What I also noticed was that the front charge light also didn't turn on. I tried my laptop with my other gateway charger and still no use. I don't know what happened, but how do I fix this? Is there even an identifiable problem? I've looked at countless other posts, and did what they have told me, with taking out the battery and clicking the power button, such and such.

A:Gateway M-6834 laptop won't turn on, no charge lights either

read my laptop power guide in the guides forum.
I'd start with checking your power pack

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-m-6834-laptop-wont-turn-on-no-charge-lights-either.128430/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a new Radeon 8500 I installed in a computer Im building to sell. It works great but the fan is ungodly loud. Its louder than the case fan. I tried the fan from another 8500 and its the same. I was wondering if there was a program to adjust the fan speed. There are no mounting hole in this card so I cant replace the fan.

A:Can you control video card fan speed???

Zalman sell a separate fan-speed adjuster for about $ 7-10.-
http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=14&code=017

Great if you can interrupt the fan-leads

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-control-video-card-fan-speed.14106/
Relevancy 24.08%

Statistics reveal that 90% of 8-16 year olds access sites with adult content on the internet. I wish to prevent my ten year old son from venturing into these forbidden sites. He has been recently initiated into using the internet and we have listed certain sites which he can visit on our PC at home. But I would just like to take some precaution. Is there any help?

A:Control your child’s net activities

90% of 8-16 year olds access sites with adult contentClick to expand...

Thats only teenage boys...:haha:.

You can ask your ISP, I believe some internet service providers do allow tracking and blocking of websites, and certain programs too, just look at school computers these days. You can check your child's browsing history, but you can erase that quite easily. I can't help but think i'm missing something here, I might update this when its not 1:00 in the morning. Of course, it might be a good idea to prevent your child from going to adult sites, like not letting them stay up very early in the morning with their computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/control-your-child%E2%80%99s-net-activities.127733/
Relevancy 33.97%

My PC has a built-in ethernet card. The orange lite blinks, green lite is steady.

QUESTION: Does this indicate that the card is properly functioning?

Thanks,

klxdrt

A:Ethernet card blinking lights

The normal is:

green=100 mb
amber=10 mb
red=error

Also normally the Green light will flash with activity.

Tho not all mfg go by this. Not sure why you have both a green and amber unless it is indicating activity.

What is the brand of NIC?

But I would not worry unless you have issues.

Mike

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-card-blinking-lights.124287/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an nVidia Nforce 680i LT SLI motherboard and i dont know how the front panel control wires go in. I have tried different ways and so far only the power light turns on green but nothing happens when i hit the power button.

It doesnt say whats what on the board just a 1 2 9 and 10.

Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,
i am in a big fix with my computer hard disk space.
It's capacity is 75 gb.
The windows folder itself is 60 gb
i tried uninstalling windows sp 3 but it didnt work.
i have only 2 gb of free space remaining and i am afraid soon i will be out of free space.
i have downloaded ccleaner and few other softwares that remove pc junk but my hard disk
space is still decreasing.

Please Help !
Thanks

A:Windows folder out of control

Have you run scans for spyware and viruses?
What is the brand, model, and configuration of the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-folder-out-of-control.122357/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have the Syncmaster 220wm and the speakers work on everything except itunes can i do something to stop that?

A:Help me on volume control

Check in iTunes options if the right device is chosen for playback.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-on-volume-control.120514/
Relevancy 36.55%

ok so i got this hp pavilion ze5800, pretty good machine and i dont know what the bios password is, bios manufactured by phoenix i do know that much, can anyone tell me a way to retrieve the password or bypass it?

A:phoenix bios password hack or bypass or software to find it HELP!!

There is probably no easy way.

The passwords on laptops are designed to not be easily bypassed or reset.

I would take it back to the place you bought it and get your money back.

Wearing some oven gloves probably wouldn't hurt either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phoenix-bios-password-hack-or-bypass-or-software-to-find-it-help.46323/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi everyone.

I just bought myself an XFX 9800GT. I installed Riva Tuner to increase my card's fan speed to make it run cooler during games. My fan speed has been set to 70% on startup. Before I start playing I set my fan speed to 100%. However, while playing NFS Most Wanted I find that after sometime the fan speed drops to its default value of 40%. I can't understand why this happens. When I'm not playing the card maintains whatever speed I set it to.

Please help.

A:9800GT Fan Control

Are there other options in the same window ? I don't have RivaTuner handy (on my laptop ATM), but I think I remember that there are different fan settings for 2D mode and 3D mode. This may be the cause of the problem, with it reverting to the settings it came with when you enter 3D mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800gt-fan-control.117617/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a PC that im am getting no power to what so ever however there is a green light on the Motherboard. I took the Powersupply out of a working PC and swapped them and got the same results. Please someone have had this before and founda cure, i really need the computer up and running.

Thanks for any help

A:No Power to PC but green LED lights up on Motherboard

Thanks for quick reply, i do appreciate it. ok now for a stupid question, how do i determin the motherboard type so i can search for a new 1, i know it is an intergrated 1 but thats about it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-pc-but-green-led-lights-up-on-motherboard.105692/
Relevancy 23.65%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-express-affects-audio-control.114792/
Relevancy 33.97%

Greetings After apparently one of my motherboards decided to stop working I decided to upgrade my computer and finally learn how to build one myself A bit of backstory on this Since I have warranty on the old motherboard they took it in order to test it but they have not managed to test it yet Basically over the course of the week before it died I kept having more and more hangs and missed POSTs and eventually it stopped POSTing every time Either way once we opened it up we comp lights up. will start. LED Mobo Upgraded not found one of the little fans probably the southbridge cooler I m not sure stopped working Upgraded comp will not start. Mobo LED lights up. The keyboard also was not receiving power but the motherboard LED would power on OTT the motherboard was an A N-SLI Now I bought a e X gigs of mhz patriot ram and a P KPL-CM motherboard I specifically wanted a microATX board since I probably Upgraded comp will not start. Mobo LED lights up. will buy a LANbox later on Now this is the first time I m putting something together but I ve done a LOT of reading up on this subject and used the utmost care when putting it together While I was putting it together I realized that one of the screwholes on the motherboard did not have a corresponding spacer hole under it I decided to leave it without a screw thinking it is unimportant The LG cooler was kind of hard to push in though I was worried I might crack the board pressing it down Now once everything was put together I plugged it in pressed the power button and heard a small chirp Oh dear After thinking I shorted something and panicking a lot I double-checked everything to make sure I did not cause any horrible damage to the motherboard because of some gross mistake I ve made I couldn t find anything done wrong but noticed the following things - Two of the top cooler pins are inserted but seemingly not all the way Like I said I was worried about pushing down hard upon them hearing the motherboard creak like that The CPU did have preapplied paste on it - The power led plug from my chassis is three pins wide but my mobo only has two pins one next to another I decided this is not critical and never plugged it in - The power led on the motherboard lights up when the PSU gets power but like I said fans do not spin up no activity when I even try to short the power pins with a screwdriver - No visible damage burns cracks etc Now I have realized that the PSU might be the problem since my last motherboard exhibited similar symptoms but the reason why I came here is that I am worried that I might have caused damage to the motherboard or CPU somehow Is a slight cooler misalignment enough to cause the motherboard to not start up at all Or any of the above things What I am thinking right now is that one of the rails coming from the PSU is dead powering up the internal LED but not giving enough power to start it up I just want other people s opinions on this since I m really worried I might ve blown up about worth of upgrades Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Upgraded comp will not start. Mobo LED lights up.

IF the cpu heatsink is not properly attached boot failure is likely (actually, it is the Intel CPU thermal protection shutdown action that is happening).

You Asus manual shows the precise holes to use for the stand-offs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-comp-will-not-start-mobo-led-lights-up.114344/
Relevancy 23.65%

I clicked on "Turn parental control on and deny computers access to ONLY these sites", entered the website url in the box, ticked it and set the schedule to always. But when I try to access the blocked web page it takes a little longer than usual but then loads on the website normally.

The two sites entered in the boxes are the ones I've tried to test the feature with, but both are not being blocked.

Can someone see anything I've done wrong?

I have tried emptying the cache and rebooting the computer and router, but still the pages just refuse to be blocked.

What's happening??? Advice would be appreciated.

A:Why doesn't my dir-300 router's parental control work?

hum; did you try just the domain name without the http:// ?
also try without the trailing / after the domain name

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-doesnt-my-dir-300-routers-parental-control-work.114261/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have a GB Control Board? fried HDD's Replace internal Seagate Replace fried HDD's Control Board? hard drive which I removed from my PC so that I would have it with me since we just moved from South Africa to Cali USA I purchased this adapter set intending to be able to connect the hard drive to my laptop http www amazon com Sabrent-USB-D ie UTF amp s electronics amp qid amp sr - I had read many of the reviews and none had mentioned that anyone had fried their drive so I had hoped it would be fine I hooked it up and smelt a funny burning smell I immediately ripped the power cable out hoping I had been fast enough but alas the drive shorts out and won t work anymore I took it to the campus IT department here to see if they could hook it up to a PC there and it just shorted and wouldn t work So my predicament is basically that the control board on my hard drive is fried and I need to get a new one of the same model and serial as explained by this video I found http www youtube com watch v aUnmcbfagLA The data is still obviously on the disk too the only part that fried was the control board So my question is Where can I get another drive with a matching control board I certainly don t want to spend thousands of dollars trying to recover data off of the hard drive as I m a student and could never afford it anyway The data includes a lot of my graphics design which I m into and it is the only backup I have of years of my work which could never be replaced Hard drive information Seagate Barracuda Gibytes S N QM T ST AS P N BX - Firmware SD Date Code Site Code KRATSG nbsp

A:Replace fried HDD's Control Board?

Search ebay>harddrives>ST3500320AS

31 matches as of this reply: my search results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replace-fried-hdds-control-board.113281/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok, just finished building my PC, but when hit the on button, all the fans spin, the lights light up, the gauges work but nothing comes up on the screen. it just says no video. So I stripped the computer down to just the motherboard, cpu/fan, and psu, switched it on and still nothing. I tried the power supply out of my old computer, same thing. The motherboard leds are all lit up, including a digital number readout that just says 88. No beeps, no sound, nothing.

My motherboard is: http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/motherboards/1801_1.html

My cpu is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...rat3-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-AMD-_-19103285

I'm beginning to think either the board is bad, or it can't support the high wattage of the processor. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Lights are on, but no one is home

Are you using a dedicated on onboard video adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lights-are-on-but-no-one-is-home.112535/
Relevancy 33.97%

Well I have had what I thought to be just a light in my loft the other day and it wasn't until I looked at it I thought it must be more than just a light!

So guess what? I plugged it in!
I then researched it slightly more to find that it must be a Sound Activated Cold Cathode Light!

BUT, here comes the problem! I dont get the Sound Activated bit! I mean it will stay on, then there is the sound setting which when i switch it to the light goes off! Now I guess you need to plug something from the sound card, normally where your speakers would go, into the "In" labelled jack port and the speackers into the "Out" jack?

Am I right? Because if so I need to buy a jack to jack lead or is there a way around it?

Thanks
BAW

A:Sound Activated Cold Cathode Lights

yup

You need a Cable to connect it to the PC output.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-activated-cold-cathode-lights.109400/
Relevancy 32.68%

I was working on my computer when the monitor suddenly shutoff. I did a manual reset and now the monitor will not turn on and the BIOS will not post. After trying several things, the BIOS posted once, and now will not post anymore. I reset all items. Booted the computer with only the CPU, RAM and Video card, still no post. I tried a different power supply, still no beeps or posts. No keyboard or mouse lights either. Any help ASAP would be great! Thanks!!!!

System specs
P4 3.4 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-8KNXP motherboard
3 GB RAM
X800XT video card
XP Pro

A:Monitor shut off, no BIOS post, no keyboard or mouse lights, will not boot

Once I needed to remove the addon Video card, and then disperse all the computers internal voltage. By holding down (the non powered) computer's ON button for 30 secs.

Then plugging in the Vid card and power again, and turn on

Try that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-shut-off-no-bios-post-no-keyboard-or-mouse-lights-will-not-boot.108918/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,
I have a 2003 Compaq pc that I am fixing up for my grandmother. I had everything ready to go then the keyboard I was using had a loose cord and when it was taken out the pc started beeping. I had to unplug the tower from the wall.

Ever since then, with a new keyboard, the capslock, numlock and flock lights flash when the pc is shut off but not unpulgged, but works fine when the pc is on. I have tried many things and am starting to think that the old keyboard screwed up the motherboard. If this is the case will I have to replace the motherboard or just use a usb keyboard and mouse? And if anyone has any suggestions that would also be welcome.

Thanks

A:Keyboard lights flash when PC off

You mean they flash and then eventually stop?
Or they continue to flash?

If it's the first one that's ok

If it's cintinual flash, it could be a couple of things:
1. On a battery powered Keyboard, it just may not be compatable with that computer, try another keyboard (again)
2. Confirm there are no wakeup events in CMOS, or update your BIOS (Note: do this at your own risk)
3. Otherwise I'd say motherboard issue (Although don't replace it, just turn off the computer at the wall as well)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-lights-flash-when-pc-off.109040/
Relevancy 27.95%

Came home walked in and noticed my PC was off monitor was on speakers on modem everything on as if the power had blinked out for a sec and my system had shutdown No Supply, lights no to Power power I pressed the power button on the front and got nothing i checked the power supply s own power on off switch on the back and got nothing no light that its on or anything thought maybe it was the cable so i plugged it into my other pc and the No power to Power Supply, no lights cable No power to Power Supply, no lights works so i m thinking maybe the psu went bad or took a hit Im guessing i just need to replace it How difficult is it to replace it by yourself i ve never done that before and do you think that its the psu at fault I m thinking that if there is not power on light then something is wrong big with it my heat temps stay down between C and C at the highest Also can i replace it with just any other w power supply or does it need to be a specific kind company i bought it from online listed it as dual core certified w psu no mention of v rail or anything else i guess i can get that from them if they have it on file nbsp

A:No power to Power Supply, no lights

Well sounds like your power supply took a power surge. Well to start with i would try a power supply. Now about replacing the power supply cheap is not the best way to go, learned from experience. Here is my recommendation: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005
And for replacing a PSU not hard. If you need help removing it Post back i will walk you through step by step if need be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-power-supply-no-lights.106985/
Relevancy 23.65%

I ve had my HP Pavilion DV laptop for a year now and apart from a persistent and slightly annoying overheating issue I ve been very pleased with this machine Recently however the touch-sensitive media control strip along the top of the keyboard has begun to malfunction The sound toggle and volume control sections of the backlit strip turn off flicker change color red control HP problem touch-sensitive laptop and blue and otherwise stop working To make things even worse or more interesting such errors like the light flicker seem to be tied in to my typing on the keyboard especially around the wasd area left and lower side I m figuring this to be some sort of shorting circuit or the like It s odd sometimes I can fix the error by randomly tapping along the left side keys Now it seems to be stuck with the entire strip non-responsive and both blue and red LEDs behind the sound toggle turned on If anyone could suggest a solution It s that or I m debating just taking the laptop in for a repair run nbsp

A:HP laptop touch-sensitive control problem

If the thing is still under warranty, then you should have it repaired by an official HP representative.

Other than that, you could try removing the keyboard and making sure that the keyboard cable is making good connection.

(Also, you haven't poured something in the lappy, have you?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-touch-sensitive-control-problem.98724/
Relevancy 25.8%

This problem suddenly happened when I came home from school. I have tryed a new power pack, the same happened, I have tried a new motherboard, the same happened.
I have also tried the trick with the paper clip to see if my power switch is broken, but again its the same problem.

Please help, i am so frustrated

A:HELP - my pc turns on for 1 second, lights up and then turns off.

I don't know if this would be it but I have seen this type of problem on a computer that turned out to have a bad power and reset switch. One way to check to see if this is the case pull off the wires for the power switch and reset button going to your board. Then you would want to find something like a screw driver or something that you could cross the power pins with and see if the machine does the same thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-pc-turns-on-for-1-second-lights-up-and-then-turns-off.100265/
Relevancy 24.08%

I can't open the Control Panel on my XP computer, so I need to find a way to open the audio control. I know (or I think) it's located on windows/system32 but I don't know the name of it, can someone help me?

A:Need help opening audio control

You need to reinstall the sound driver. What is your computer a desktop or a laptop? What type of sound do you have? On-board sound (motherboard) or a PCI sound card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-opening-audio-control.98484/
Relevancy 23.65%

How to utilize motherboard fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector I recently ordered the Vantec TD H case fan appropriately wrong has control your speed connector the fan utilize when fan to How on-board named quot Tornado quot After it arrived I soon learned the misleading spec on Newegg quot Power Connector Pin quot actually means quot -pin connector with the RPM sensor in a separate -pin connector quot Since the -pin connector is How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector always at V the fan was always at maximum speed and the quot Tornado quot was so loud I couldn t How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector even hear my own thoughts Rather than go through the hassle and delay of returning it I decided to make it work Here s how soldering required Obtain a -pin connector for example from a failed fan Solder as follows P ground black from -pin connector to ground from fan connector black for the How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector standard -pin Molex connector P V red from -pin connector to V from fan connector yellow for the standard -pin Molex connector P RPM sensor yellow or white from the -pin connector to RPM sensor directly from fan usually yellow or white Note this step is not required if your motherboard fan speed control does not use feedback from the fan This was the case for my Compaq Presario where fan speed is only dependent on CPU usage Plug the -pin connector onto the motherboard fan speed control pins The original connector should not be plugged in So far this has been working fine for me Feel free to reply with any questions comments nbsp

A:How to utilize on-board fan speed control when your fan has the wrong connector

One thing isn't clear to me. Isn't the 3 pin connector supposed to be plugged into the motherboard. Some, though not all, motherboard fan power feeds have a sensor for the 3 pin connector that comes with the fan. The molex is an alternate power feed for the fan, although as you said always full speed.

Did you not have a free motherboard connector or was the cable too short? Maybe I just misunderstood.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-utilize-on-board-fan-speed-control-when-your-fan-has-the-wrong-connector.95593/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi no sure if this post should be here or somewhere else sorry i Intel graphics control 82865g trouble Fps have a Veriton g computer here and i installed games on it world of warcraft Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control and counter strike i tried cs first only to find that my highest fps was cant even play with that Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control i tried lowering the graphic settings and but still did nothing so i decided to try wolrd of warcraft same problem aswell but my fps wouldnt go higher than fps i used to be able to play it comforably on fps another computer which had a radeon x i have download the latest driver updates virus checked defragemet and turning off other background programs My only conclusion is that this computer is to old for these games below is a copy from cpuz and dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DB Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Acer System Model VERITON G BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Celeron Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF-B - B A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run nbsp

A:Fps trouble Intel 82865g graphics control

i think your problem is your graphics chip. that card is having a hard time. integrated cards always sucked when it came to gaming. so i would suggest finding a new graphics card for your pc if you want to play games like those. the computer itself may be too old in terms of what slots it has. so you may need to scrap it and get a new one, or find a video card that will fit and give you the performance boost you need, and use that for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-trouble-intel-82865g-graphics-control.94491/
Relevancy 33.97%

my pc wouldnt turn on last week so i took it to my local pc guy with 2 days left on my warrenty he took it and fixed it, he said the graph card fan was was cloged with dust and its all good now brang it home played it for 6 hours turned it off at night like a always do, now it wont boot again. the lights come on all fans are working but my screen go's into standby and it wont boot, a friend said my processor might have a bad connection and thats why it boots when it wants too. im not tech savy so any instructions whould be helpfull (iv tried using alot of differnt screens i even got a new one just incase)

thank you.

A:Pc wont boot, fans working and lights are on

Hi,
Well first we dont know what kind of machine u r talking about, anyway, what u can do now, is open it, and try to tighten the ram chips and see what happens, ok put yo finger on top of the chip and press it hard while slightly moving it left - right. then try switching it back on again.If it fails then let us know with the specs of that machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-fans-working-and-lights-are-on.94555/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey Guys I recently bought a Toshiba M laptop I ve had it for about a month now but i find that it tends to run a bit hot I can t tell what component it - Cooling Laptop M55 Fan Control Toshiba is that is getting so hot but it is located directly to the right of the touchpad where the base of your right hand would rest if you were typing Conversely it also gets really hot on the underside of the laptop at the same spot which when Laptop Fan Control - Cooling Toshiba M55 it s resting on your lap gets your thighs and well crotch depending on how close the laptop is to your torso very hot Now from what I understand laptops regulate their fans Laptop Fan Control - Cooling Toshiba M55 by temperature I was wondering if it s possible to change the temperature setting of the laptop to a lower setting so that the fan would turn on earlier and cool the thing down before it got that hot I tried using speedfan to check out the temps I only got one temp reading which I think was the Hard Drive which was at C and went up to C while the comp was doing nothing it felt hot to the touch I just want the fan to run more and do it s job the laptop hasn t hung or crashed yet sometimes the touchpad won t respond for a few seconds I m not sure whether that might be a heat related problem or not but either way I d like to cool this bad boy down Speedfan didn t do me any good really so i was wondering if anyone has experience with this sort of problem or suggestions on how to make the fan do it s job and also suggestions of other ways to cool the laptop down software or hardware aside from cooling pads which seem like a half- solution if it s a hardware solution you re suggesting ideally it d be an internal one so yeah please let me know all help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Fan Control - Cooling Toshiba M55

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

mit006 said:

(aside from cooling pads which seem like a half-*** solution, if it's a hardware solution you're suggesting ideally it'd be an internal one.)

so yeah, please let me know... all help would be greatly appreciated.Click to expand...

If you'll listen, cool pads do work (I'll be it 1/2 way) Good selection
LAP top is a misnomer without a cooler, however on the internal part of cooling mods, I hope you're up to the task....
"Let The Real Mods Begin"
There is this too, the best I've found yet! The Real Laptop Mod
Of course it's at your own risk........but then that just makes it more fun :haha:

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-fan-control-cooling-toshiba-m55.47485/
Relevancy 33.97%

somethin is not right here....my tower is turned on but there is no signal goin to the monitor....and the lights on the tower lights is now red....one of my dvd drivers open half way and the other just wont open...it has to be the damn voltage settings on my power supply

the story is there was a shutdown in my area for almost 12 hours becuz the city needed to rewire and fix some **** on the ground.

and when the power was up again...this happened.

i thought at first it was a bios issue so i took out that little round thing out of the motherboard and put it back but no luck......

my powersuppy is a 500w antec.....and i have a gigabyte motherboard.

the bad thing about my powersupply is theres no voltage switcher....so i dont know how to adjust it...... ANY HELP well be appreciated

A:TOWER lights up but monitor no signal

You have a few misperceptions on how things work... such as voltage switcher on the power supply. You don't want to mess with the power supply.
Your problem could be power supply, hard drive, video graphics, or memory failure... or some other problem.
You can help us help you by posting your computuer brand and model as well as operating system, age of the unit, memory installed, and type of video graphics.
Further, we would like to know what antivirus software, Antispyware, and rootkit snoopers you have installed.
What was going on with your computer when the power failure hit? As that seems critical.
What was that little round thing? A CMOS battery with the number 2032?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-lights-up-but-monitor-no-signal.80652/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I came across this site while googleing my issue and I m hoping you can help me out I came home from a buddy s after having my PC there for the night Worked fine there Brought it home fans/lights/hd signal monitor. on No All running? and No signal on monitor. All fans/lights/hd running? went to plug it in and when i plugged the power cord into the psu it sparked and stunk something awful I initally thought I had somehow fried the psu so I went and picked a new W one up compared to my old W Now when I turn on my PC I get my fans amp lights all turning on I can feel the HD s running but I m getting no signal on my screen I tried a No signal on monitor. All fans/lights/hd running? new video card still the same problem Also the first time I turn it on if its been off for awhile it ll stay on for about min and then turn off I power it back on and then it ll shut down within a couple of seconds Dead MOBO I assumed that if my mobo was dead nothing else would turn on maybe I m wrong though Anyone else with this issue know what exactly is wrong Any ideas would help Thanks - Cody nbsp

A:No signal on monitor. All fans/lights/hd running?

You should have looked in the Guides and Solved Issues section - http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53866.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-on-monitor-all-fans-lights-hd-running.89494/
Relevancy 24.08%

Several problems have surfaced recently on my Compaq Presario R Following a big storm I found that it will no longer recognise Ethernet cable the touch pad becomes non-responsive for minutes at a volume with control Serious problems time and the most bizarre problem of all is the volume When I click on the volume icon in the taskbar the volume window appears and the volume bar is all the way down If I use the volume buttons on the side of the laptop to try Serious problems with volume control amp raise the Serious problems with volume control bar the system becomes muted and the quot mute all quot square becomes checked inside of the volume window If I click and hold the bar and drag it upwards the bar will raise along with the pointer but the moment I stop dragging it it immediately begins to fall on its own until its all the way down again The only way to keep the volume stable is to raise the bar manually and hold the up arrow on the keyboard Again though letting go of the arrow causes the volume to fall on its own back to the bottom I ve tried updating drivers uninstalling the audio hardware and searched all over the internet for clues and i m finding nothing anyone have any ideas jacob nbsp

A:Serious problems with volume control

Welcome to Techspot
Go into safe mode and can you see the desktop features?

Reboot the PC
Press F8 click on safemode
type in the admin and password
If you can see the features you need.
Then you might have to delete profile you use to login
Windows will re-create a new one.

If the Big Storm did a power surge on the desktop then you might have lost or it got corrupted or something in the OS. Might have to re-install Windows again on that PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-problems-with-volume-control.89412/
Relevancy 23.65%

Alright, my mic has been so quiet you wouldn't know it works for a long time now. I've been to dozens of forums and done everything I can possibly think of(including several driven reinstalls) and nothing worked.

I think I have finally found the problem though. I just found a screen shot instruction on what to do, and I realized that even though I have the exact same driver and version as everyone else I have a different audio manager showing up and therefore can't fix the problem. Here's a link to a screen shot of what I got;

img502.imageshack.us/img502/2922/92826884we9.jpg

Obviously something is wrong. So I looked in the program files and found that when I try to load the RTHDCPL(Realtek HD Audio Control Panel) icon, nothing happens.

Anyone have any idea whats going on?

A:I can't open the Realtek HD Audio Control Panel

Without knowing what mobo you have and what windows version you are using it's impossible to answer your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-open-the-realtek-hd-audio-control-panel.89008/
Relevancy 24.51%

Its greyed out meaning that i can not use my microphone i had bourt, how can i make it not grey. Im sorta new to recording etc but im trying to get ventrilo up.

What do i have to do

A:Recording Control

Can you go to the device management and check of all drivers are installed properly. It may be a driver problem. That's my first guess.

Another one is that there is a piece of software installed that takes over the windows function for recording.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recording-control.88382/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am hoping someone on this forum can help me I have a Thinkpad X s about a year old and I am running XP Randomly my computer becomes sluggish so I try closing programs I then figure out that one program is frozen come to think of it that program may always be IE and I can t close it I then try to warm control delete work, doesn't Freeze,alt lose all icons boot with ALT Freeze,alt control delete doesn't work, lose all icons CONTROL DELETE but it doesn t work In fact instead of getting the task manager my screen saver comes up without any icons on my desktop I have no cursor and can t do anything but unplug or take out battery and manually crash the computer It then will start normally though it takes longer for the icons to appear I regularly download both IBM and Windows updates I defrag regularly do virus scans etc using Norton I also have run Think Pad Productivity Center maintenance tasks Other than that and the slugglishness the computer runs ok Any help out there I am frustrated and IBM has not been able to help except by telling me to change the hard drive or send it to them nbsp

A:Freeze,alt control delete doesn't work, lose all icons

Yes I think this is a hard drive issue too. Check to see how much space you have left on it. Go to My computer and right-click on the C drive icon. Click Properties... Also, you might consider checking the hard drive with a utility like Seatools from Seagate. IBM notebook drives are noted for their high failure rates...

Back up your important data please, ASAP

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeze-alt-control-delete-doesnt-work-lose-all-icons.88173/