Windows Support Forum

Can't find local installed HDD

Q: Can't find local installed HDD

I just upgraded to Win7. In this PC I have 2 HDD, one C drive which works fin, and one additional HDD which I'm able to see in BIOS and Device Manager, but it do not show up in Explorer.
How to get it visible?
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't find local installed HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't find local installed HDD

Right click my computer > manage, click disk management take a screenshot, post here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-local-installed-hdd.176151/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

A:No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello!

I recently went into my AMD Control Center to learn what graphics card I had installed (I have a pre-built PC), and I've encountered a problem.

When I go to the information tab, all it tells me is that my GPU is part of the Radeon R7 200 series. I already knew this, but this doesn't tell me which specific GPU I have in that series (I.e. 250, 250X, 260, 260X, etc). This is what I need to know. I've already tried looking using my Device Manager, and same as the CCC, all it tells me is its in the Radeon R7 200 family.

How can I learn what specific GPU I have (screenshot of CCC below)?

EDIT: I've also looked at it using my DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Same problem.

EDIT 2: I'd also prefer to learn this without downloading any 3rd party software, but I will do that if it comes to it.

A:How can I find out what specific GPU I have?

TechPowerUp GPU-Z

Main Features

Supports NVIDIA, ATI and Intel graphics devices
Displays adapter, GPU and display information
Displays overclock, default clocks and 3D clocks (if available)
Includes a GPU load test to verify PCI-Express lane configuration
Validation of results
GPU-Z can create a backup of your graphics card BIOS
No installation required, optional installer is available
Support for Windows XP / Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 (both 32 and 64 bit versions are supported)
.. and yes, the author of CPU-Z has granted us permission to use a name similar to his product. Thanks Franck.

And then match the specifications (memory bandwidth and stream processing units (aka: shaders)) with the details from this link.
http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/desktop/r7#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-what-specific-gpu-i-have.208993/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Guys
I'm not so clued up about how to use forums but I tried looking for similar problem here for a solution but nothing.
every time I plug on a new USB flash/external HDD or mobile phone it gives me a message "device was unsuccessfully installed" now I cant access any removable device. yet all my old devices still work.

Please help!!!

A:Unsucessfully installed usb devices win 7 64 bit

Hello there,
Have you tried to update your USB Host controller drivers? If updating doesn't work reinstall them.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unsucessfully-installed-usb-devices-win-7-64-bit.208840/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys, I have set up a RAID 0 array using an XFX Revo64 controller card and the Netcell bios setup that cones with it. According to the Netcell bios the array is working but booting into 8.1 I cannot find the drive in explorer and device manager shows the Revo64 as "Generic Mass Storage Controller ".

I am very new to Raid this is the first array I have tried to setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
Jay

A:Windows 8.1 cannot find RAID array

Why not use the RAID card as more sata ports and then use windows to make your RAID array? I've never used a controller but im sure that it would work for that purpose.
just go on youtube and find a video on how to setup RAID in windows 8. I know its possible for windows 7 to im pretty sure 8.1 will have it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-1-cannot-find-raid-array.208501/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,

I am playing around with Server 2012. If I want to have a laptop configured for "at office use" with option to go on site, what would be the best way to do that in order to retain access to shared locations on server that is "at office"?

Should I create a standard windows account unrelated to my domain controller, and have them VPN regardless if they are in office or on site? Or is there a way to have a laptop configured for domain use, where it will still be functional (local computer use) on site outside of the office, even without internet connection (I know you can's VPN without it).

Thanks

A:Best way to set up local and remote user with Server 2012

Well this is kind of interesting. You can in fact use a domain laptop away from the local network as long as you have logged into int once on the domain so it can cache your password for future log ins. Now comes to the more difficult part of your question's. Accessing files remotely while not online, you can set up what is called offline files. Offline files will give you acess to your files away from domain network. So if you choose to do offline files any changes made to the file while away from the domain controller where you shares are set up will have to be synced once back on the domain network. So if you make changes to lets say docA while off domain network, once you get back to domain network you will have to sync offline files to the server to update any changes you have made. This set up would not require offsite network but can bring problems when syncing once you reconnect on domain. But now lets say you have the same shares and now you have multiple individials with the same access to the shares. Say you make changes to docA and the other person makes changes to docA while offiste. Once you both reconnect and sync to server you could have issues with data such as duplicate information or doc merging. VPN would be the best option for sure....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-set-up-local-and-remote-user-with-server-2012.206403/
Relevancy 25.37%

Printer Problems in Windows XP sp3
Dell Personal Printer all in one A940
After trying to speed up an older computer running Windows XP
I may have cut off the Print Spooler (or it was already off ?)
I went back to Services dialog box & selected Print Spooler
I clicked the "Start" link at left of service list & got a message tgat said
"could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start."
Printer is still not working can anyone help?

A:Could not start print spooler service on local computer error 1068

On Win/7 the dependencies are

HTTP

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
DCOM Server Process Launcher
RPC Endpoint Mapper
Manually start each on and set to AUTOSTART as you go.
If one fails, then that is the root problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-start-print-spooler-service-on-local-computer-error-1068.206839/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there In the last month my current laptop has pretty much died on me I can only Laptop New Find a to Struggling use it for a short period without it switching off due to overheating and the power cable is so loose that if I move much then it loses connection and also goes dead So I m looking to replace it as soon as possible My budget isn t particularly big Struggling to Find a New Laptop around I m from the UK so pounds and I could really do with some help in finding something suitable I only do fairly ordinary sort of things - surfing office stuff watching videos a bit of light gaming some web design and listening to music However due to illness I m currently housebound so my laptop is even more crucial than ever as it keeps me connected to the outside world and provides a huge amount of my entertainment So I really want to get it right One of my main concerns was wanting something that was going to last I hate the thought of having to buy another laptop in a couple of years time so was hoping I could get something that would still be decent and working in well more than years time I d also like it to be quick My current laptop is so slow now so speed is important I m not really concerned about how it looks portability and battery life though As long as it can sit on my lap without being too heavy I m not fussed Oh and not overheat So I ve been doing as much research as I can but for the life of me am unable to find something that fits my criteria and is within my budget Every one I ve looked at either has a load of reviews trashing it or is lacking in some area I m not willing to give way on I ve tried Lenovo s either too expensive or rubbish reviews ASUS same as Lenovo Toshiba s and HP s poor reviews Mac s are out of my league with UK pricing ditto for most Sony s and I ve had an Acer in the past which has put me off them completely Which leaves me with very little Although I fully accept reviews aren t always the best way to judge things Specs I would ideally like Processor i I could be persuaded i would be fine Ram GB Ram Hard Drive GB HD or ideally would prefer SSD but with my budget I know it ll be tough Probably buy one after and install it myself Graphics Integrated graphics is fine I think Screen - inches Resolution x at the least really want x and maybe a touchscreen although not a deal-breaker Also - matte not glossy if possible Not fussed about DVD drive Trying to avoid a fairly flimsy plastic build Battery life isn t that essential as won t be moving it around much Would like it to be cool and not get hot Going back over that I think I may be asking for far too much in regards to my budget but here s hoping The biggest problem is not so much finding models with those specs but doing so within my budget I don t really want to spend over which is I believe but unfortunately the prices in the US don t match up in the UK Everything is far far more expensive and so limits your options massively And as the majority of the websites are offering reviews based on US prices it becomes a bit of a nightmare I ve also started looking at hybrid tablets to see if that would be more suitable for me but I m still as lost with those too The new ASUS TP looked interesting but I can t find it anywhere in the UK I like the idea of a hybrid but not as my main machine and I doubt I could afford a regular laptop AND hybrid I even considered giving up some of my specs and getting a cheaper laptop but combining it with also getting an iPad tablet but can t decide if that would work or is a ridiculous idea Basically I m stumped So I could really do with some help Really any advice or recommendation would be hugely appreciated I m just getting really desperate to find something Thanks a lot - Andy nbsp

A:Struggling to Find a New Laptop

You are not the only one finding such decisions hard. I have a second hand Sony laptop which I repaired and have fitted with an SSD drive. It's really fast compared with a standard laptop but I was horrified by how difficult it was to take the laptop apart even for cleaning. In general, laptop design has been awful and buying something at great expense which then conks out after maybe two years makes buyers wary of purchasing a replacement.

When the next iPad launches around October I will probably be buying one. A computer is useful for plenty of tasks though so owning both seems justifiable. Perhaps you could go for a basic laptop and budget to install an SSD drive. A touch screen laptop will cost silly money but SSD's are not that dear for say 240/250Gb storage. Forget fast processors which are likely to run hot. It would be useful but probably hard to find out how easy it is to disassemble a particular laptop to reach the parts that accumulate dust and dirt. I don't know much about laptops but I have a Dell which seems very sensibly designed.

I repaired my son's Sony laptop over a year ago but in the meantime he bought an iPad. Although the laptop is now working fine he uses the iPad for practically everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/struggling-to-find-a-new-laptop.204777/
Relevancy 26.66%

So I realize that this is my computer telling me that it is not getting a connection to the internet So here is a basic diagram of my setup ISP---- gt Cable Modem----- gt New Splitter---------- gt Asus wifi router working --------- gt Desktop IP also connected to wifi My ISP is Charter Com via a Cable Modem From there I go into a TRENDnet ethernet switch splitter From there I have cable that goes to my desktop one cable to goes Area Local Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx to the upper floor to the wifi router Asus RT-N U The router is working fine and I am currently connected to it I have replaced the TRENDnet Switch every ethernet cable except to Asus wifi router This is where it gets stupid I can disconnect the TRENDnet switch and plug in my Desktop with the IP and it works I have researched this topic via forums for the past month and a half and now after fresh installing windows would like to try and get some input of what other might think is going on I am out of options I Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx had this setup for quite some time with wired and wifi Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx but just all of a sudden about - months ago after moving my desk and plugging it all in again it stopped working Here is a text format of Ipconfig of my LAC Configuration for interface quot Local Area Connection quot DHCP enabled Yes IP Address xxx xxx Subnet Prefix xx mask InterfaceMetric DNS servers configured through DHCP None Register with which suffix Primary only WINS servers configured through DHCP None As I said I am now running a fresh install of windows with no Bonjour program on it I have released renewed and about other CMD commands that I could think of The internet options for this adapter are set to obtain automatically I have ran about every malware program I can think of So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Local Area Connection 169.254.xxx.xxx

Hmm why the splitter BEFORE the router - - that's not the correct way to add a second router

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
to add a second router:

Code:
isp==primary router --- existing PC
|
+--- new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-169-254-xxx-xxx.203909/
Relevancy 22.36%

Im going to college next month me Help find laptop a and I want to make my tech setup smaller and am switching Help me find a laptop to a laptop My price range is up to about a little flexible if need be BUILD QUALITY IS IMPORTANT TO ME I wont Help me find a laptop be throwing it around but I will be carrying it in a backpack places I AM CAREFUL with my tech Every laptop ive had in a while has had serious cooling problems so one that is capable of keeping itself at operating temperature even under a highish load youd think that would be mandatory xD I will be using this for schoolwork lowish poly d modeling unity d work including C coding and some gaming For a CPU I am looking for an i or a really nice i id prefer for it to be at least preferably faster obviously as fast in a general sense as my desktops core quad Q GB of ram but that seems pretty commonplace in this price range a p screen A GPU capable of running pretty much any game id want not regarding settings I think the most demanding game I will play for a while is bioshock infinite and id be fine with low med I play mostly older games but I would like to be a little future proof even if at low settings I cant do below FPS As much as it kills me I don t think ill be playing star citizen either or quot doesnt matter as long as its at least things that are super nice but not a neccessity USB I hope its standardish by now backlit keyboard Any questions let me know Its worth noting that im merely considering a laptop so if I cant get anything close to what I want I might just upgrade the desktop and throw it in a smaller case or something ive just got so many gadgets now id like to make my setup smaller ive got a desktop monitors keyboard mouse speakers standing mic on my desk with an xbox under it then ive got my convertible laptop ipod touch PSP and flip cell phone I want to downsize xD nbsp

A:Help me find a laptop

The Lenovo Y50 seems to be your best bet. It has some beastly specs for $1050. The Y40 has a 14 inch screen (even though you don't want one below 15.6") but is a lower price. The graphics card is a bit lower spec but will do and is a bargain at $800 (you aren't going to find many computers with dedicated GPUs at this price point). The problem with these laptops is the weight, size, and battery life. But the cooling is phenomenal.

Do you care about battery life or lightness?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-find-a-laptop.203965/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello all!!!! My name is John. I am trying to find some help with an issue that arose after I installed a new hard drive in my computer. I started getting a message that stated:

C:\Users\Owner\App Data\Local\Conduit\API Support\API Support.dll

Anyone know how I can repair this? I saved an image of my system before installing the new hard drive and then just downloaded the image to the new hard drive. HELP!!! please!!

A:Installed new hard drive

You might just need to run some registry cleaners to fix and remove those corrupt registry keys.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive.201991/
Relevancy 23.22%

Please help, ive tried everything, It was working now it wont, Please help, it's a home built pc, ive added a pic of the specs

A:No Audio Devices Installed

It looks like you have an ASUS? Go to the ASUS website. Look under Support to find drivers. Enter model number of your motherboard, select the OS and ASUS should give you the audio driver

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.199330/
Relevancy 23.22%

Is this the right Forum I have an older Compaq nc with a failing Fujitsu G HD that I decided to replace with a SSD PATA IDE drive Transcend TS GSD GB IDE Hardware Agere Systems AC Modem Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Intel R Ultra ATA Storage Controler - CA HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- N DVD Drive ATI MOBILITY RADEON Series Display Adapter Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection O Micro OZ M MemoryCardBus Controller Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz Started machine with OS recovery disk to load windows XP Loaded SP and all drivers Computer seemed SSD Hard Drive installed OK at first Then every time it is started up Windows loads up SSD Hard Drive installed to the background and stalls It takes another minutes or so to get the task bar and systray Also after a minute or so a window opens to tell me that a driver for some hardware has successfully loaded but the list of the hardware is blank Then the CPU maxes out the fan starts and the machine slows way down When I look at processes in Task Manager there is a svchost that is using of the CPU cycles When I kill this svchost process the machine runs much more in line with what I expected What do I do to fix it I need for this computer to run with the SSD drive nbsp

A:SSD Hard Drive installed

Is the SSD seen by the bios? The OS recovery disk is in a CD drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-hard-drive-installed.198946/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys I ve recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC It s a GB quot drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got The drive works great BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying drive, hard boot new get message Installed on message every time I boot my machine It s some sort of copyright disclaimer It says the brand of the HDD Hitachi and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that It says copyright jmicron com and then quot Hit enter to continue quot The message is displayed maybe for seconds and it disappears on its own so no need to press enter Pressing enter will get rid of it faster So yes Installed new hard drive, get message on boot it s not an error but it s annoying and it adds to Installed new hard drive, get message on boot my boot time I m assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn t relevant nor is it the message but if it is let me know and I ll post that information I m not near my PC at the moment Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I Installed new hard drive, get message on boot could change to get rid of this Intel Core i GHz GB DDR RAM Mhz GB Samsung SSD Main drive additional HDDs GB GB and GB ATI Radeon HD GB W Power Supply W nbsp

A:Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-hard-drive-get-message-on-boot.197890/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there
and really thanks
this is usefull tut
I want to find live ip s on my isp provider ?
how can I find all live ip s from my isp ?
I run the tracert www.google .com and find my isp s ip but now how can find out all live ip on my isp ?
please help me ?!!!
thanks again

Moderator note: This post moved from another thread.

A:How can I find all live ips from my isp?

Any ISP worth $0.02 would block your attempt to scan for these ... Virus' use this too and thus this is always suspect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-all-live-ips-from-my-isp.197913/
Relevancy 19.35%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone I ve been having a little problem and hopefully someone from the community might be GT Problem installed 610 Newly GeForce able Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem to help I own a really basic computer that I ve had for years I don t use it for gaming or anything like that Mainly sufing the web really basic none labour intensive tasks Anyway I started getting random BSOD problems and the code that came with the shutdown pointed to it being a driver problem I was using a fairly old driver anyway as I d have previous problems with BSOD s with the updated versions After numerous uninstalls and reinstalls of different drivers the problem wasn t going away Until after one BSOD and restart the screen was completely filled with either green or pink pixels depending on the background colour After a little research I came to the conclusion that the graphics card was on it s way out I should say at this point that the old graphics car was a GeForce GS So not wanting to have to upgrade anything but the gpu and also not wanting to spend a great deal of money that really dont have at the moment I started searching for a replacement card for my system I finally settled on a GeForce GT as it sounded simpler to replace Nvidia for Nvidia in this case and was pretty basic After researching and installng the new gpu I started up the computer to see wether I d still have the pixel problem or not Low and behold they had gone and I thought my troubles were behind me hahaha how wrong I was Without any of the Nvidia driver installed uninstalled in control panel and DriveSweeper used running on the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot I had no problems at all and my cpu usage when idle was fine I then updated the drivers to the latest version and numerous other versions throughout the day and started getting a problem When the computer attempted to do any task no matter how basic it would stutter The loading icon next to the mouse stopping starting and freeze continuously which it had never really done before I opened up tast manager to check what was going on and in the performance tab the cpu usage was at in an idle state After checking processes for all users I couldn t see anything that seemed to be causing the cpu usage to be that high There were numerous quot svchost exe quot open but only as many as there were without the drivers installed and they weren t using any more memory than normal either Running HWMonitor showed all my voltages and temperatures to be fine I ve also checked my voltages with a voltage testing machine and they cam back fine Every time I uninstall the driver and use the standard vga its fine then as soon as the driver is install I m getting the lagging and high cpu usage problem So does anyone think they could possibly shed some light on what might be going wrong Could it be a clash in the hardware But obviously I m so far away from being an expert it s not funny haha Any help would be appreciated and sorry for such a long winded essay Congrats if you managed to read it to the end System specs CPU - Intel Core Duo E Motherboard - GigaByte GA-T MG Old GPU - GeForce GS New GPU - GeForce GT PSU - XFX Pro W RAM - GB DDR Storage - Seagate Barracuda GB ST AS Thanks nbsp

A:Newly installed GeForce GT 610 Problem

Try this:
1) Download, do not install, the latest nVidia driver from here (32bit).
2) Create a system restore point before proceeding. Use these directions for assistance.
3) Download and run Display Driver Uninstaller from here.
4) Check the boxes that state "Remove PhysX" and "Remove C:\AMD or C:\NVIDIA folders" and "Save log files in startup path".
5) Chose the option "Uninstall the current and previous drivers and restart the computer".
6) Let the computer reboot/restart.
7) Install the driver you downloaded in step 1.

If this does not work, there is an issue with the GPU. You will need to RMA it and get a new one. Tell the manufacturer that you are having issues. They will usually comply and send a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-installed-geforce-gt-610-problem.197095/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I've removed a lot of things yesterday and when i check today, i lost sound. I think I accidentally removed something related to sound drivers or something like that...but I don't remember what.
There is no volume control in the taskbar. I have reinstalled the audio device and everything is fine but still no sound. I also checked the device manager and there is no any conflicts.

Here is my sound devices information in the attachments.

Thank for helping

A:Have audio device installed but still no sound

Did you also try looking in Add/Remove Programs to first uninstall Realtek from there?

If not, try that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-audio-device-installed-but-still-no-sound.165169/
Relevancy 22.36%

One of my Western Digital TB hard drives went south curiously I ve only ever had such problems with WD hard drives - at least of them failed prematurely There were read errors and then soon the MBR partition table effectively vanished so the drive showed without any partitions at all There were about partitions or NTFS and non-standard ones They were all quot basic quot MBR partitions not GPT or whatever So I made a sector-by-sector in to than How other find partitions MBR? copy to a new Seagate TB drive then ran the windows-based app quot Active Partition Recovery quot on the new drive I used the quot SuperScan quot feature and it quot found quot approximately potentially recoverable partitions gah - I should have used the quot QuickScan quot mode instead However it didn t couldn t identify the two non-standard partitions which is understandable But I m hoping I might be able to find those two with a manual search using a hex editor But how I ve read several discussions of the contents of the MBR Partition Table that strongly suggest that the ONLY place the partitions are defined is in the Partition Table of the MBR rather than say at the front of any given partition itself But that CAN T be How to find partitions other than in MBR? correct can it After all the Active Partition Recovery tool found possible partitions -- How to find partitions other than in MBR? without any MBR Partition Table whatsoever -- by examining the data through the full length of the drive Therefore it seems to me that there must be some signature or whatever at the start of the partition itself or else the tool couldn t have found anything at all Am I wrong I have the exact sizes of the two non-standard partitions and I have old cloned copies of those partitions that I can use to obtain the data from the first sector or whatever to provide a hex pattern I can search for on the new hard drive Please check my thinking here I think that if I can perform a hex search to find the first sector of each non-standard partition I can then insert that sector number and the known partition size into the MBR to quot re-create quot them Is that possible How hard would it actually be considering that I d have to try to deal with the whole quot extended logical partition quot business since there were more than total partitions But a critical question remains What do the quot partition signatures quot in the first sector actually look like assuming they exist Thanks enormously to anyone who can help nbsp

A:How to find partitions other than in MBR?

The MBR is not in the partition table(s) but in sector 0 of the HD.

Only RARELY does anyone (or software) play with the partition type numbers as getting it wrong and the P.T. gets creamed.

If you *must* know, see this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-partitions-other-than-in-mbr.195927/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an ADSL Sagem ST2504 wireless router and it seems that my neighbour maybe using it.

I currently have it password protected with a TKIP password and i think someone has hacked it and is using it.

Can somebody please help me in how to tell if someone is using it and how i can stop them.

Thanks

A:Can I find out whether or not some other IP address is using my wireless Internet?

You should be able to see which computers are connected to your network from your routers home page... usually 192.168.2.1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-find-out-whether-or-not-some-other-ip-address-is-using-my-wireless-internet.163018/
Relevancy 26.23%

Have a new Netgear wireless router and can connect to it, but can only get local access only, no internet.
Tried a few things with no luck so far.
The one thing that did work was eliminating the wireless security, but dont want to leave it that way.
Seems like this is a common problem with Vista.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

A:Local Access Only With Wireless Using Windows Vista

Go to the Device Mgr, expand Network Adapters and look for yellow or red flags. It's most likely that the driver is missing or needs to be updated.

If there's any driver at all, then the led lights near the ethernet cable will be on.

Uninstall the existing driver (but do not delete it) and reboot.
The system should find the device and use the autoconfig feature to install the
correct one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-access-only-with-wireless-using-windows-vista.194148/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop computer that the power supply recently went on so I replaced it and now the computer is not recognizing the CD/DVD drives?

When I first installed it and powered the computer on it said I had a Floppy Diskette Seek Failure . I don't have any floppy drives installed so I disabled it through the BIOS and now I noticed the drives aren't working . I have two drives installed one to play dvds and burn cds and the other is a dvd burner . Both of the drives power up and you can hear the disk spinning but nothing happens and the computer doest show I have them?

A:Installed New Power Supply / CD Drives not recognized

The old PSU may have taken out the motherboard when it fried - fairly common, especially with the cheap O.E.M. units used by Dell. Also, some Dell boards are proprietary, which means the connectors may not be standard ATX - Check the pinout on the 24 pin ATX connector to make sure it matches on both PSUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-power-supply-cd-drives-not-recognized.193915/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hiya,

trying to resolve an issue with my homebuilt computer crashing while playing games. I had an HIS Radeon 5770 installed. I removed it and put in a Radeon 6670. When I powered the computer up, I got "no signal" on my display. I removed the new card and put in the old card again. "no signal"

I tried both in another PCIe slot. "no signal"

For the record, I have a Rampage III Formula mobo. There's no onboard video, so I can't try the computer without a video card.

Help?

A:Installed new Graphics card, now neither new nor old card sends signal to display

Have you tried clearing the mobo's CMOS (including battery removal) ?
Did you test the HD 5770 in another machine to see if it was indeed failing ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-new-graphics-card-now-neither-new-nor-old-card-sends-signal-to-display.192721/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 21.93%

OK so I have Sager np9150 Gaming laptop with nvidia 670m 1.5gb ram graphic card and integrated intel hd 4000.

the monitor I'm trying to connect to is a Lg Flattron wide. I bought a hdmi to dvi adapter cable so that I can hook the hdmi side to my laptop and the dvi side to my monitor since it doesn't have a hdmi slot.

before plugging the hdmi side into the laptop my monitor say check signal cable. when I plug the hdmi side into my laptop the check signal cable disappear and it say digital power saving and then it stay in that mode.

A:My laptop cannot find external monitor

Right-click on your desktop, click Screen resolution, set to Extend these displays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-find-external-monitor.192563/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 22.36%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 22.36%

RAM Memory- CORSAIR Vengeance LP GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model CML GX M A C - on Newegg ca Video Graphics Card- EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR GeForce parts these anyone find me? for cheaper Can GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - on Newegg ca CPU Processor- Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Can anyone find these parts cheaper for me? Intel HD Graphics BX I K - on Newegg ca Hard Drive- WD Black WD FAEX TB Desktop Hard Drive - quot SATA Gbps RPM MB Cache - on Tigerdirect ca SSD- SanDisk SDSSDP- G-G quot GB SATA Internal Solid State Drive SSD - on Newegg ca DVD Drive Burner- x ASUS X DVD Burner - Bulk X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW- B ST BLK B AS - OEM each - on Newegg ca Motherboard- ASUS P Z -V LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard - on Newegg ca Case- COOLER MASTER Storm Enforcer SGC- -KWN Black SECC ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ATX PS EPS V optional Power Supply - on Newegg ca Power Supply- CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - on Newegg ca Monitor- ASUS VH H Glossy Black quot ms Widescreen Full HD p LCD Monitor cd m ASCR w Speakers amp HDMI - on Newegg ca OS- Windows - on Tigerdirect ca nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-find-these-parts-cheaper-for-me.190809/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi there I am new to this forum though I have went through a couple of threads regarding VPN but I can t seem to find my answer through printing VPN Local I work in an IT department and have to users which are not on the business domain To make use of a program hosted on our server they connect via VPN to out network and then join a remote desktop Both of them make use of a network printer Now one of them has a PC with Win and the other one with XP When they connect to the VPN though only the user on the Win PC is allowed to print the other user Local printing through VPN s job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints Both user Local printing through VPN s VPN permissions are the same as I asked the network admin and the printer settings should be the same on both PCs as I checked them Help would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for a very long time with no avail Thanks nbsp

A:Local printing through VPN

the other user's job only goes into the print queue and he has to disconnect from the VPN and then it prints.Click to expand...

Wow, is that strange or what (but that's why your here too I guess). The fact that it is queued says the data path from the user->system->print queue is just fine - - and that says permissions are ok. I suspect that the users program is not closing the output file. Have the user try a simple test using NOTEPAD printing to the remote printer.

Next I would look for software updates to the XP VPN software and then to XP print driver for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-printing-through-vpn.189640/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m looking for a laptop before I go to Germany It needs to be points are ordered in importance but none should be skimped on A third generation i processor A screen resolution of at least x GB SSD or a hybrid of HDD and SSD Somewhere around quot - quot not quot that s too small Thin and light enough to carry around with me everywhere Have at least a MP webcam and good reviews I know of some MP webcams that everyone says are terrible Long battery a laptop to find Trying life Trying to find a laptop Some other points that would be preferred but aren t absolutely necessary are Internal Optical Disk Drive Ethernet plug in available Touch Screen Windows I Trying to find a laptop should also note that while the retina MBP does satisfy pretty much everything It s just not my thing I d prefer a Windows laptop Also there is no price restriction here Right now I m leaning towards getting the Series quot Premium Ultrabook NP X C On Samsung s website it is listed at The only thing is that it doesn t satisfy any of the Trying to find a laptop three quot wants quot that I have listed and I m not sure if I could find a better webcam elsewhere Here s a link to the Series quot Premium Ultrabook NP X C http www samsung com us computer laptops NP X C-A US-specs Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Trying to find a laptop

No price restriction? Get the MBP then and dual-boot with Win8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-find-a-laptop.189229/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I just got rid of Win7 32 bit and installed 64 bit, but I screwed up the partition when I was doing the clean install. Right now I have:
Disk 0 74.5GB Online
System Reserved is at 100MB
(C 14.9 GB
Unallocated 59.5 GB

Is there a way that I can remove the partitions all together? I am in the Disk Management in Admin Tools, but unsure of what to do at this point. Any help is greatly appreciated......

A:Just installed Win7 64-bit and screwed up the partitions...

Nevermind..... Figured it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-win7-64-bit-and-screwed-up-the-partitions.188931/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I had some issues with a HDD around this time last year so I replaced it with a new western digital HDD I wasn t able to back anything up so I cloned it instead turns out I installed the incorrect driver for my video card and suffered from the BSOD syndrome well I finally got that sorted out I think and now I am trying relentlessly to get catalyst pro control center to work properly Ive read numerous places online that involves editing Catalyst work doesn't Center after I driver wrong installed the Control the Assembly folder but I have no such keys in there when I try and run CCC it tells me that I am unable to run as I wouldn t be able to change any settings within the app basically Ive tried uninstalling installing trying ATI opposed to AMD- to Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver no anvil I know for a fact that I had CCC on this pc but it almost seems impossible to get up and running I am very desperate to get this up and running thanx in advance nbsp

A:Catalyst Control Center doesn't work after I installed the wrong driver

Hhhmmmm... let's take a look

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/catalyst-control-center-doesnt-work-after-i-installed-the-wrong-driver.187782/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

I am having issues with network adaptor on my Sony Vaio (Windows Vista). When I try to connect to a network it is not showing any networks in range however I am sitting right next to my wireless router. If use USB Wireless Adaptor dongle it is correctly finding all available networks and I can connect to my network.

I checked in device manager and I can see

Without USB Wireless Adaptor
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

With USB Wireless Adaptor
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Realtek RTL8191SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

Not sure if this is due to some loose connection or my network card is not working.

Appreciate if you can help me identify and fix this problem.

Thanks
AT

A:Network adaptor not able to find any networks

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adaptor-not-able-to-find-any-networks.187793/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I rebbot my PC recently and my audio is not working Im don't find audio SOS controller looking for the right driver for several days and nothing I tried several times and I don t know what to do more I have a TOSHIBA SATELLITE with Windows XP sp I pass Everest in my PC I copy the most important parameters down If I look the problems in my PC I can see that - Controladora de sonido multimedia AUDIO PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp FD Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados - Controladora de v deo PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp Los controladores de SOS don't find audio controller este dispositivo no est n instalados - Controladora de v deo compatible VGA PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp Los SOS don't find audio controller controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados - M dem PCI PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV amp AAA amp amp FE Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados No disponible ACPI TOS amp DABA FF amp Los controladores de este dispositivo no est n instalados Please can anyone help me thanks a lot Irene PS everest report Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name IRENE-PORTATIL User Name Irene Motherboard CPU Type Mobile Intel Celeron M MHz x Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Portable PC Motherboard Chipset Intel Montara-GM i GME System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Toshiba Display Video Adapter Intel Extreme Graphics D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics Multimedia Audio Adapter Intel DBM ICH -M - AC Audio Controller B- Storage IDE Controller Intel R DBM UltraATA Storage Controller - CA Disk Drive SAMSUNG HM HC GB IDE Disk Drive Kingston DataTraveler USB Device MB USB Disk Drive Ut USB FlashStorage USB Device MB USB Optical Drive MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ- S DVD RW x x DVD-RW x x DVD-RAM x DVD-ROM x CD x x x DVD RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Status OK nbsp

A:SOS don't find audio controller

I tried also to check with this tool of Intel and it doesn't found the drivers...
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board
Product Detected Controladora de sonido multimedia
Current Driver Installed
This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sos-dont-find-audio-controller.187189/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all!

I have one problem need help.
My computer before have 2 drives (80 GB) drive C is 40 GB, my pc is got virus so I decide to reinstall win xp sp2 after I setup I cannot find my drive D: even on Disk Management,
I also take my Hard Disk to connect with other computer still cannot find it,
Please help me,
thank

A:Cannot find drive D after reinstall Windows XP SP2

Is drive D an optical drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-drive-d-after-reinstall-windows-xp-sp2.186712/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone I have recently bought a laptop samsung R Specs AMD Phenom II x N gb ram DDR gb 6GB RAM N970, Samsung R525 installed, laptop 1.5GB of usable HDD gb dedicated Radeon M Radeon onboard win x You can also look here So all is prefect in this rig except phys memory in system properties it says gb installed and usable There are two slots one has in it gb of ram another- gb It looks like only gb s stick is used because is usable other mb are shared with onboard gpu Where are the other gb is Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable a mystery Resource monitor shows gb reserved by hardware but BIOS sees all installed Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable as well as memtest I actually tried everything reinstall ram didnt Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable swap though looked at system config where it was unchecked in memory section pagefile is okay system is x BIOS doesnt have mem remap feature but it s a modern BIOS so I guess it s enabled per default So I m kinda lost and I want customer support contacted as a last resort What should I do update BIOS or try to change those sticks but then they ll be turned by side will it work I searched hell a lot on that ram topic but nothing was helpful Thank you and looking forward for your advices nbsp

A:Samsung laptop R525 N970, 6GB of RAM installed, 1.5GB usable

Type msinfo32 in Run Command, what does it show?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-laptop-r525-n970-6gb-of-ram-installed-1-5gb-usable.169350/
Relevancy 26.23%

My iOmega TB External hard drive stopped working after it was accidentally unplugged I googled the problem amp found the exact thread here for my problem When plugged in instead of being identified by it s name as before it s listed as Local disc F First I tried disabling write caching to no avail so I followed HDD disk shows as it local & F cannot be accessed External the instructions I found here to External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed the same problem started by fish in Aug Mark replied several times giving good instructions which I have followed but my problem isn t solved I downloaded Sea Tools for Windows amp ran both Short amp Long tests which both failed The hard drive when dismantled is a Seagate Barracuda TB amp my PC is Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pk The HDD has much loved photo s of my kids amp tons of video amp music too is there any way to retrieve it now or is it a hopeless case Any help would be very much appreciated I think maybe if possible to get any data now I would have to take it to proffessionals but don t want to get ripped off if the drive is totally broken Thanx so much if u can help all nbsp

A:External HDD shows as local disk F & it cannot be accessed

You could try going into disk management and deleting F: drive, while the External HDD is unplugged, then try reconnecting - OS might have just assigned the drive incorrectly?
Also strongly recommend updating to SP2 if possible (probably not connected to this issue though).
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-shows-as-local-disk-f-it-cannot-be-accessed.186348/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all got this ram Memory:
DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-8500
​Memory Type: DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-8500, DDR2 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 4GB
Currently Installed Memory: 2GB
Total Memory Slots: 2
Available Memory Slots: 0​1GB
DDR PC2-6400​​
1GB
​​

thats from crucial.com I can hold maximum of 4gb so looking to get that . on ebay can get for £35 roughly but seems dear anyone know anywhere cheaper. thanks in advance

A:Help to find cheapest place for RAM upgrade in UK

Since you're in the UK, take a look at www.SCAN.co.uk
Make sure before you buy anything, to check the compatibility of the RAM with you current mobo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-find-cheapest-place-for-ram-upgrade-in-uk.185742/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello as you can tell I am pretty Need computer PSU HP my a fit to to suitable find new to this I am attempting to upgrade my current gpu to an EVGA GeForce GTX http www evga com products moreinfo asp pn G-P - -KR As recommended I need at least a w power supply Now I wish for something around the ballpark of w or so Something not to pricey I m having trouble understanding some things I need it to be able to fit my case which im unsure of the dimensions I know the case size I just don t know the size of where the PSU would fit into My current computer with specs included from manufactuer website http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp lc en Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer amp dlc en amp docname c Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer N Also its recommended I need pci-e pin connectors I m Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer just confused around all this I can t seem to find something suitable that would work for my setup and fit inside at the same time I need perhaps a good recommendation of a PSU if anyone can help I don t want to order something that wont fit into my rig Thank you for your time P S sorry messed up title probably confused alot nbsp

A:Need to find a suitable PSU to fit my HP computer

It looks like any ATX power supply will fit in there; how much are you looking to spend on one? I can provide specific recommendations based on that.

Also, are you located in the US?

Lastly, any specific reason you're going for an older card rather than one from the current-gen series?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-find-a-suitable-psu-to-fit-my-hp-computer.184875/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 21.93%

When I got a new printer, I went to my laptop and try the find printer thing when I clicked on it the window pop up and then another one that said "The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable." Please someone tell me what and how to fix this

A:Can't use the find printer program thing

Follow the directions that came with your new printer. Usually you have to first install the driver from the included disc or their website, then at some point you're instructed to plug the printer in with USB cable and power it up. It should then be recognized in Device Manager and show up in Control Panel/Printers, where you can set it to your default printer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-use-the-find-printer-program-thing.185037/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 22.79%

I've just recently bought brand new parts to build a desktop and everything was running smoothly until I installed the video card. The monitor wouldn't display anything anymore. After removing the video card, everything worked perfectly again. However, when the video card was plugged in, the fans were running but the monitor was still not displaying anything. Could this be an issue with the mobo, videocard, psu, or monitor?

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI Bios

Video Card: MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon 7950

PSU: Corsair 750watts Bronze plus

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Processor: Intel i7 2600k

Monitor: ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor W/Speakers

A:Monitor not displaying anything with graphics card installed

Did you disable onboard video? sometimes if you use the mobo's video output it gets confuzzled when you switch to a dedicated GPU. also are you plugging everything in correctly? have you updated drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-displaying-anything-with-graphics-card-installed.183979/
Relevancy 23.22%

Soooooo, my hard disk crashed before I did a backup, I have no recovery disks, toshiba doesnt ship to afghanistan, I bought a SSD drive, I bought Win 7 64 bit. Before this I tried to recover files by any means necessary, to no avail it dleted all my files and drivers. I installed win 7 and realized I had no drivers. From the Toshiba website I installed all drivers for my model L655D-5066. Everything works except the sound. I click on the speakers fron the device manager and win tells me all the drivers are up to date. The driver installed for sound is conexant smart audio hd 4.119 something. The driver for the speakers is windows 6.1. something; it will not let me use the conexant or anything else. What do I have to or need to do?

This is what I see...

A:Installed drivers but no sound

Not sure if I can help, but will take a look...

List any Problem devices

Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-drivers-but-no-sound.182977/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I've searched google all over, tried various things but nothing seems to change it

Using Win7 x64, PC Spec:

Intel i7 920
Asus Rampage Genisis 2
I have 3 x 2GB Corsair, (6GB) installed in slot A1, B1 and C1.

Windows only seems to pick up on 4GB however I do have 6GB installed.
I ran CPU-Z to scan my system and it picked up all 3 sticks, they're just not being used for some reason.

Any help greatly appreciated, I have moved the sticks around, reseated them and my CPU (no bent pins) so i'm pretty confident it is either a win7 64 bit issue, maybe a setting somewhere or BIOS settings. Note that I do not have Memory Remapping in my BIOS, is there an alternative?

A:RAM 4GB used 6GB installed

Has Windows ever picked up 6GB? If not then maybe one of the sticks if faulty?

I had the exact same issue as you, one day Windows was randomly missing a 2GB stick but CPU-Z was showing everything there. I took all the RAM sticks out, blew them with compressed air and it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-4gb-used-6gb-installed.176059/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just installed a firewire card into my first PCI slot The monitor would not turn on I removed the firewire card and the monitor worked I put the firewire card back in and removed Monitor not card graphics while working installed the PCIx Graphics Card The monitor worked I m running without a graphics card in the PCIx slot at this point I m just running my monitor through the onboard graphics card So far I Monitor not working while graphics card installed ve -installed the drivers for the firewire port -Upgraded the power supply to w from w -I ve messed around in BIOS but I m not exactly sure what I m looking for The system -ASUS CM Purchased in from Best Buy -The graphics card came with the computer but I dont have the specs on it I know it s NVIDIA GEFORCE but I m not sure what model exactly Nothing super fancy GT if I had to guess -The firewire card is a port Dynex card I can t seem to figure this out but I d like to be able to run my Graphics card while my firewire card is connected Also planning on adding another TV tuner card into the nd PCI slot Pleae Help nbsp

A:Monitor not working while graphics card installed

dont quote me on this, but perhaps the PSU cant supply enough power for both cards?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-working-while-graphics-card-installed.182189/
Relevancy 27.09%

So I just set up FreeNAS on my LAN. I have a Linksys router.... I believe everything is 10/100 but for some reason its transfering at about 8.61MB/s.

Now before I start posting all my equipment specs, would anyone know right off the bat what my bottleneck is, or give me a clue how to figure this out? I'm apparently not thinking properly enough to figure this out at the moment.

BTW, everything plugged in... so I'm not transfering wirelessly.

A:What's my local NAS bottleneck?

You're transferring at almost 70 mbit - your network is probably your bottleneck. Are you sure there is no additional activity on your network? You should be able to reach between 80-90 if nothing else is going on and the rest of the environment is lean. If everything is working absolutely great I would say you can even reach mid to upper 90's. See if the system sending files has plenty of CPU cycles available by opening your task manager. Also, are you transferring lots of small files or one big file? Larger files will transfer faster than a bunch of tiny ones. At most you can expect a file transfer speed of about 12 MB/sec on a 100 mbit network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-my-local-nas-bottleneck.180760/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have monitored some past posts and haven't found a solution yet. I am rebuilding an older desktop to get it back running. I have formatted and partitioned the had drive (thru another computer), installed it into my desktop. During the windows XP install it indicates that the hard drive can't be found. I installed the drivers disk and made the Raid driver required and installed it and got the same result. I can't seem to get the hard drive located to install windows on it.
P4 computer
windows XP SP1
and all system disks from Dell that came with the system. Any ideas????
looking for a solution to get windows installed and up and running. Don't want to spend a large amount of time and money as this is an older desktop. Thanks

A:Windows XP can't find hard drive

Bad hard drive, or bad install.
You are using Service Pack 1. Windows XP only works on the first 133 GB of a hard drive. You may need a Windows Disk with Service pack 2 or 3 to propertly detect and format the hard drive if larger than 132 GB... Or use a non-Dell version of Windows XP.
The product ID on the Windows sticker will still enable the enstall if you have a borrowed OEM disk of Windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-cant-find-hard-drive.179876/
Relevancy 23.65%

Just a quick question im new to builds.

o- Do you actually need a cpu installed to power up the psu and power switch or can you start it up without one.
Regards

A:Power up without CPU installed?

You can fire up the PSU without a motherboard or anything else by simply shorting the green wire to any of the black wires with a paperclip or similar piece of metal.

A motherboard should not work without a CPU brain, so I'm not sure what you could gain by turning on the board without a CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-up-without-cpu-installed.178008/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello All I have a samsung N a while ago the connection dropped wireless Netbook networks won't find suddenly and couldn t find any wi-fi connections I m using a D-link Usb dongle and I can find all the networks After trying everything I was convinced that the Atheros chip is Netbook won't find wireless networks faulty so I bought a new one but it didn t work so I tried my Atheros on an Netbook won't find wireless networks another netbook and it worked fine It can t be an OS problem since at the beginning of the problem i did a factory settings restore and tried Ubuntu all of them had the same problem Sometimes it is able to find near wi-fi networks for a minute but it won t connect So if anyone knows what s the problem i would really be thankful I ve disassembled my computer to see if there s something wrong with the Antenna everything seems fine it s very confusing and i can t find any solutions Thank you nbsp

A:Netbook won't find wireless networks

We need to know your computer brand and model, and operating system. Or the motherboard that is installed.
any "flags" in your device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-wont-find-wireless-networks.177704/
Relevancy 23.22%

ok before i tried installing it i went to device manager disabled and uninstalled my onboard vedio card. then i installed the new graphic card but i get no signal VGA trough DVI... then i went back to my onboard graphics card with the new Graphics card still in VGA TO VGA and still get no signal.. But when i removed the New Graphics card. and plug in VGA to VGA to my onboards graphics i get a signal?

A:Installed graphic card no signal?

Do you have more than one port on the graphics card?
If so have you checked all ports for a signal?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-graphic-card-no-signal.177691/
Relevancy 21.5%

Good morning everyone...

My old 600m for some reason last night decided NOT to find any webpages. The wireless network indicates that it is connected to the router, functioning properly. My daughter's notebook easily connects to the network, so I know it's not the router. I'm using XP Pro, SP2, Linxsys wireless, Intel 2200BG card.

I'm not that computer literate, but am usually able to fix most things.

HELP, please!!

Thanks!

Tom

A:Dell Inspiron 600m cannot find web pages

Do you have the latest driver?
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...Intel®+PRO/Wireless+2200BG+Network+Connection

You should have SP3 installed, support for SP2 has been discontinued.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-600m-cannot-find-web-pages.177540/
Relevancy 20.21%

Thank s to Broni I will not HP not "Printer Officejet is.." print installed/services that Windows needs just shook a nasty Trojan virus However now that s all taken care of -the printer is not working The printer is a HP Officejet J All-in-One It prints scans and is a fax machine When I go on Microsoft Word and type in quot testing quot on a document and hit print the printer will print my sheet out no problems However if I try to print a picture or pdf file this HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.." error message pops up For Pictures Print Picutures Error quot This picture can t be printed because no printer is installed or a service that Windows needs is not running quot --- Ok quot Click to expand For Pdf files Adobe Reader quot Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document you need to install a printer quot -- Ok quot Click to expand I have uninstalled and re-installed the printer s hardware Made sure the printer s spooler is working that was an issue once a couple months ago Set the printer as the quot Default quot and made sure everything is plugged in correctly Like I said it will print perfectly fine if I go on Microsoft Word gt Edit gt Print gt Print and when it brings up the screen with all your print options I have to go up and select the printer name in the drop down box So my guess is that the other programs are not picking up on the printer by themselves because on Microsoft Word I have to manually select it Any ideas on how to fix this Any input would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:HP Officejet will not print "Printer not installed/services that Windows needs is.."

uninstall the printer; reboot and then reinstall

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-officejet-will-not-print-printer-not-installed-services-that-windows-needs-is.176927/
Relevancy 22.36%

No I am not doing anything crafty I wouldn't know how to anyways. Yes it is for school, I am reviewing questions for my final but I can't figure this one out. Are they talking about their website cause thats easy. Or do I have to find out like what their mega computers ip address is spamming me my sweet bandwidth? If so how?

p.s. hu ray i get to write in bad grammer for a change who learned you how to spoke?

A:How do I find out my ISP's IP address?

Your ISP will have multiple IP addresses.

If what your asking is how do you find out YOUR IP address: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

If you want to know the IP address of a particular site, fire up cmd.exe in Windows (start run/search box, type cmd and hit enter.

Then type: ping bbc.co.uk (or whatever website you need to know).

e.g.
Code:
C:\Users\Lee>ping bbc.co.uk

Pinging bbc.co.uk [212.58.241.131] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=15ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=244
Reply from 212.58.241.131: bytes=32 time=35ms TTL=244

Ping statistics for 212.58.241.131:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 14ms, Maximum = 35ms, Average = 20ms

C:\Users\Lee>
That will reveal their IP address for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-out-my-isps-ip-address.176307/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey I ve got a Dual Xeon Dell Precision T Workstation running Windows x that I use for graphic design and some music production I have up until last week used a M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio Interface for recording as well as my primary sound card I decided to get rid of the Fast Track and upgrade to an M-Audio Audiophile PCI sound card Here is my issue- With the Fast Track USB Interface I have always network local when performing only PC downloads Static in sound, had a noticeable Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads static popping sound when any audio is playing while I am transferring files on my local network- but I have isolated it specifically to copying files from anywhere on my local network to this PC- so only downloading to this computer I didn t pay much attention to it as I thought that was the price that was to be payed because of using a USB sound card After I installed the Audiophile I am still getting this popping sound on network downloads Just to test I pulled out the Audiophile enabled the on-board sound card and the popping was still there with the on-board sound card Any idea what could be causing this My network adapter is the Broadcom on-board Gigabit LAN card The only other PCI or PCI-e cards I have installed are the Nvidia Quadro Video Adapter and a SIIG USB PCI Card I have taken this out and the popping is still there All of PCI bus components were different when I started hearing the popping from the Fast Track Pro so I don t suspect that any of those items would be the culprit When the popping first started nothing was even in the PCI PCI-e bus except for my old Quadro video card which I took out months ago and swapped for the Quadro I guess what I m trying to say is that most of the components have been removed or swapped and the sound continues I have the onboard sound card disabled normally so I know that also isn t causing it To describe the popping static it doesn t make the noise until I m downloading something and there is a system noise playing or I have some other audio going YouTube Video MP played locally whatever So if I was to download a file locally and not play any sounds then you would never know that anything was happening The speakers I m using are KRK Rokit Active Studio Monitors so even if there was any background static I would hear it These monitors are connected to the computer via a Balanced TRS input so I don t even have any normal line quot hum quot at high volumes- so that is how I can tell there is absolutely no static or popping until the PC plays it s own audio Also- I ve tried reproducing the problem by playing audio and downloading a file from the internet It won t produce the popping sound at all Here is my system info Dell Precision T Workstation Windows x Ultimate Service Pack Intel Xeon CPU E GHz amp GHz Processors Intel x Motherboard Intel ICH R Family Controllers I O Hub PCI Express Root Storage GB RAM Nvidia Quadro M-Audio Delta Audiophile Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller That s everything I have hooked up right now- anymore questions and I ll be glad to post what I know I m hoping that this is something common that I just couldn t find in my searches on google Any help advice you could offer I would appreciate it One last thing- I uninstalled and updated all of my system drivers days ago to see if that would stop the problem It didn t change anything Thanks -Ben nbsp

A:Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads

Did you uninstall your old sound drivers? Are you using ASIO drivers? Im assuming the M-Audio card already has ASIO built-in? Do you get the pop/static when using the onboard sound? You should stick to XP for music production. Even a dual boot WIN 7/XP setup. Im into music production as well and all of my problems stopped when I ran everything on XP. You can try using virtual XP on Win 7 and see if it helps anything. What DAW are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-in-pc-sound-only-when-performing-local-network-downloads.175964/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all, I would like to know if there is any way I can tell if my motherboard is broken. I have a Fujitsu Amilo Pro V3515. When I press the power switch, the lights power light and wifi light come on, the fan starts, but that is it, just a black screen. I have tried removing and reinserting ram etc. I was just wondering if there was any way to find out what's wrong with it so I could just replace parts myself rather than the added expense of having to take it for repair. Any advice gladly received, regards.

A:Is there any way I can find out if my motherboard is broken?

theres no easy & quick way to check,
have you tried connecting you laptop to an external monitor?
incase it might be the screen
also tried disconnecting hdd, ram, keyboard, dvd drive.
tried doing a hard reset? remove battery & psu lead
hold the power button for 60 second.
or powering up off either battery alone or
taking battery out and powering up off psu alone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-there-any-way-i-can-find-out-if-my-motherboard-is-broken.176079/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys My internet provider has just recently been switched to Time Warner Cable They came by and hooked everything up to my desktop and my internet worked for that day The next day I had to call technical support and road runner services because my computer says I m connected but I m not sending nor receiving area Missing network connection and local controller any packets Road Runner took me through Device Manager where I noticed a big yellow question mark near Other Devices Network Controller Also after going through my Network Connections there s no Local Area Connection listed The techs responded that they couldn t help me unless I fixed my computer software I have already tried going through Computer Management and checking Plug And Play Services amp RPC Missing network controller and local area connection Services Any other suggestions are much appreciated I m currently working off of my laptop because I can t get online with my desktop Any requested information would just Missing network controller and local area connection be done by my usb flash Missing network controller and local area connection drive Thank you so much for your time nbsp

A:Missing network controller and local area connection

Open device manager. Uninstall those device with ? on them. Reinstall drivers for your network adapter.

What devices are listed under network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/missing-network-controller-and-local-area-connection.174762/
Relevancy 23.22%

Well after reading quite lots of threads related to quot no audio output device is installed quot and trying No is installed audio output device different things and suggestions I am stuck with this problem The above message is shown under Vista and Win So I get this message in Vista and Win I have an acer aspire and the sound only works for a couple of minutes no matter what the operating system is - I tried Win Vista XPSP and XPSP and always installed the latest driver from the manufacturer site I also downloaded and installed the latest bios version No audio output device is installed for this laptop And still no sound I dismatled the laptop times to look at the motherboard and see if anything is OK There are no bad caps or burnt or anything I realized that after hardware reset the sound comes but only for - minutes at most Then the sound is cut out and after reboot the Realtek High definition audio disapeears from device manager My question is if the hardware is faulty is it possible to work No audio output device is installed after harware reset for a few minutes I also tried installing Backtrack and still the same So it s obviously not an operating sistem issue nor a bios one and not a driver either I tried different versions of driver Anyone could help me out nbsp

A:No audio output device is installed

Is this a New Acer, or have you had it for a while.
Many Acer's are not capable of being over-driven. They will become hot and sometimes fail when over-driven at high volume
If it is still under warranty, get it replaced or repaired, and hope you have not voided the warranty by doing your own internal examinations.
If out of warranty, it is possible you may need to replace the system board.
Now might be the time to have an experienced Acer tech take a gander at the innards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.174735/
Relevancy 21.5%

So the Chaintech VNF3-250 on my secondary computer finally died after 7 or 8 years. But the other parts still work, so I'm hoping I can replace the mobo without having to replace everything attached to it.

All the places I've looked seem to have no name brands, or no name sellers, or are refurbished, or just plain out of stock forever.

A:Any place to find a decent Socket 754 AGP mobo these days?

TheBladeRoden said:

So the Chaintech VNF3-250 on my secondary computer finally died after 7 or 8 years. But the other parts still work, so I'm hoping I can replace the mobo without having to replace everything attached to it.

All the places I've looked seem to have no name brands, or no name sellers, or are refurbished, or just plain out of stock forever.Click to expand...

Should be able to find them at Geeks or Ebay. You will most likely find refurbished or used ones though!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-place-to-find-a-decent-socket-754-agp-mobo-these-days.174718/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am having issues with a wireless trendnet card, I found the driver for it and it is working, however it will only connnect to unsecured networks not secured. It is a Wireless g card. Any help in the matter would be appreciated.

A:No connection after wireless card installed

You have to supply the proper ID's and passwords for the secured networks, in order for the wireless network card to connect

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-connection-after-wireless-card-installed.174702/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi everyone New to this forum My tower which was running XP but is probably years old got pretty heavily infected with viruses malware After several attempts at clearing it out with software I decided i should just reformat because its been awhile and I never really have I think the first thing I did was boot from CD using a copy of windows Probably not the original used for my computer but I don t think that matters Each time I attempt to install windows however it gets to a screen that says quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer quot and claims setup cannot continue I ve searched a bit for answers but none seem to fit or have solutions that will work for me since it should not be a hardware issue I also went into the RAID utility and had that reformat something thinking that might help or be necessary Part of the problem is I can t find any of my original installation disks aside from the motherboard and graphics card On boot up and in BIOS it claims there is no IDE channel Master or Slave What can I do or is there anything you can recommend I thought I saw trying HDD Problem to when find can't reformat, somewhere that my HD or motherboard might not be compatible with this XP disc and I would need to make Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD one of my own that would allow detection of my HD is that possible nbsp

A:Problem when trying to reformat, can't find HDD

What kind of hard drive are you using? IDE or SATA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-trying-to-reformat-cant-find-hdd.174280/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is the message I keep getting on boot up. I was messing around in the bios before I was getting this message. I managed to reinstall Windows 7 and it is working fine. The hard drive is Sata. I may have plugged it into another sata port on the board. Anyone have a clue how I can fix this?

Serial ATA AHCI BIOS, version UPSD Source 08-24-2007
Copyright (c0 2003-2007 Intel Corporation
** This version supports only Hard Disk and CDROM drives**
Please wait. This will take few seconds.

Controller Bus#0 Device#1F, Function#2: 06 ports, 01 Devices
Port-01: No Device Connected
Port-02: No Device Connected
Port-03: No Device Connected
Port-04: No Device Connected
Port-05: No Device Connected
AHCI BIOS not installed

A:Getting AHCI BIOS not installed message

go into your bios and turn off AHCI mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-ahci-bios-not-installed-message.173476/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello guys this is a problem I ve been dealing with devices audio No installed for quite some time though I never really tried to No audio devices installed solve it until a while ago The main problem is this I wanted to post a pic of the icon but I couldnt due to lack of posts its the speaker icon with the white cross on the red background icon showing up when I right click it and go to volume mixer it tells me there are no audio devices installed I ve tried multiple things to solve the problem I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them didnt work I removed my onboard sound card with device manager and plugged in an usb sound card to see if that would solve the problem didnt work I went to device manager removed the onboard sound card then had device manager look for uninstalled hardware it reinstalled the onboard sound card but didnt change the no audio devices installed thing Is there something left I can try to do I d appreciate any bit of help I can get PS Im using a Windows Vista if there are any specs you need to know about just ask Btw when I look in device manager or control panel -- gt Sound there is never a problem stated I dont use speakers and usually have headphones plugged in Also when I start a game like Skyrim it quits and tells me Skyrim needs a sound card in order to run even though there s definately one onboard not working though nbsp

A:No audio devices installed

List any Problem Devices

When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-devices-installed.173350/
Relevancy 33.97%

I once ran across a simple UI item that allowed me to change LOCAL CONNECTION 2 to LOCAL CONNECTION.

RESOLVED. Open Network and Sharing Center. Click on the icon for the active connection. Change THAT name.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/change-local-net-2-to-local-net.172565/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi
I got an old laptop (Gateway with window XP Pro, and I cannot get it to connect to my home network, other laptop works fine. showing the following connections
Local area connection
network cable unplugged with a RED x
Realtek RTL8139/810x

1394 Connection
connected
1394 net adapter

wireless network connection
Not connected Red X
intel(R) Pro/wireless 22008G
Please help, Thanx

A:Can't find any network,

first, use the Device Mgr to disable the 1394 device:: that's a Firewire connection, not ethernet.

then WIRE a connection to your router and get that running.

we'll address WiFi once WIRED is working

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-any-network.172342/
Relevancy 26.66%

In our network we have many remote sites. We are currently all WinXP Pro but are starting to transition to Windows 7 (64-bit) when we cycle PCs out.

We have been using RealVNC for years instead of RDP because RealVNC allows shared control of the PC between you and the local user (ie: "Show me what you are talking about"). I've tried Tight (which leaves lots remnants after uninstalling), Real (simply does not work unless you buy the Enterprise version, for ~800 computers that just isn't going to work) and Ultra (works, but randomly resets its options and closes down once you log out of a profile).

Is there a way to allow shared control during RDP? If not, is there another VNC-ish program I can try (freeware) that's as reliable as RealVNC has been under XP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/allow-local-user-control-in-rdp.171996/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I would like to find out how much watts my PC uses. I do not have any measuring devices for wattage, so is there still a way?

Thanks

A:How can I find out how many watts my PC pulls from the wall?

To get anything other than a guess you'll need a device like the Kill-a-Watt. I'm not sure the availability in your country but with a company name of p3international it at least sounds like you could get it.

You could also do it with an amp probe. The difficulty here is that you'd have to separate the hot wire and the neutral one, so that may be difficult or impossible (not to mention unsafe if you cut the insulation into the wire).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-find-out-how-many-watts-my-pc-pulls-from-the-wall.171569/
Relevancy 24.94%

Alright I have a whole bunch of my music and videos on my external hard drive and I got a new Dell XPS yesterday I had been using my external hard drive just fine for the past - yeas now with different laptops working fine I plugged it yesterday to transfer all my music to my new computer and it seemed to be working fine There was an error as the copy rate External Local -- won't open Disk as only working, shows drive hard stopped up slowwed so I decided to delete and try again I did that about times and then decided to just copy the music album by album Eventually I don External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open t know how it ended up happening instead of the Hard Drive coming up as Seagate on the My Computer Tab it started showing up as Local Disk J on my Dell and Local Disk E on my laptop now It doesn t matter where I plug it in Not only that it won t open when I try to open it It will get loaded and then just pause and stop responding I m completely lost My hard drive is Seagate GB nbsp

A:External hard drive stopped working, only shows up as Local Disk -- won't open

Hi, first I would run the Seagate diagnostics to check the hard drive is still healthy following this guide.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

It sounds likely that the circuitry in the drive enclosure is failing (or the drive), if the test won't run then remove the drive from the enclosure and purchase a USB Hard Drive adapter, or use the internal connections in a desktop PC to connect the drive. This should allow you to run the test and/or extract all the files.

If the test runs ok with the drive connected to another PC internally, or with a USB adapter then you will know for sure that it is the enclosure that has failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-stopped-working-only-shows-up-as-local-disk-wont-open.169973/
Relevancy 43.43%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,

and before anybody asks, I did look it up on google. I didn't find any clear way that said how to find it out. Is there a way to find it out?

Thanks

A:RAM - How do I find out my RAM Module P/N?

Its on the memory stick.

First result on www.google.co.uk: http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=ps...gc.r_pw.&fp=42a77a887edee1ee&biw=1280&bih=675

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-how-do-i-find-out-my-ram-module-p-n.169428/
Relevancy 23.22%

Alright so last week my graphics card just died while i was playing starcraft 2, went shopping and bought a xfx radeon hd 5550. Hooked it up to hdmi and nothing. The computer runs, the fan is spining on the graphics card but no display.
So i tried to plug my cable into the onboard card but nothing (even when i took out the 5550) but nothing. (used avg too but no go lol )
So i can't really go into the bios or install drivers or anything like that. Sooo what do i do to get my display back without video output?

Mobo Asus m4a785td-m evo
600w PSU, win7 64bit
and the xfx doesnt need external power

And when i mean died, screen flickered and bam the onboard graphic fan died and if failed to startup ever again lol

really appreciate ur help thx in advance

A:Installed XFX Radeon HD 5550 and no display

Are you getting any "beeps" from the board?

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm#

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-xfx-radeon-hd-5550-and-no-display.160151/
Relevancy 25.8%

I'm missing the "local area connection" for a Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop. Hence, I cannot seem to connect to the net.

Anybody got any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

A:Local area connection missing, Dell Inspiron 1300

Is your wireless working? Go under your BIOS and see if the WiFi is enabled or functioning. Download any BIOS updates, WiFi drivers update an etc.. If all is done and you still have the issue. Buy USB WiFi NIC Dongle and test that and see if you can get LAN or WAN connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/local-area-connection-missing-dell-inspiron-1300.168709/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys I m new here so hi all So anyhow here s my problem - I have a Dell Inspiron that has been giving me some problems of late where the laptop dies off a hard it dies everytime off disk up laptop but still installed boots New few seconds after booting up I first tried System Restore and it died New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up on me so I just booted into Safe Mode and changed some settings New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up in msconfig It came back to normal temporarily but everytime I scheduled a disk check or attempt to System Restore again it will just black out So I did a PC check and diagnostics and it said that my HDD had failed So in all fairness I bought a new HDD and put it in With the new HDD in it gives me the message quot No boot sector on internal hard drive quot Now thats not actually New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up an error so I put my Vista installation DVD As the files load my laptop blacks out -- yet again Can anyone help Thanks nbsp

A:New hard disk installed but laptop still dies off everytime it boots up

Remove the battery and only use the AC adapter. Does the laptop still shut down?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-disk-installed-but-laptop-still-dies-off-everytime-it-boots-up.168441/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys I ve been reading this forum for some help but cannot seem to find anything as my problem or multiple problems seems to be quite specific The problem During the creation of a GB FAT partition on my brand new IOMEGA tb desktop external harddrive the power cable was unwittingly disconnected and the partition failed Since that time I have been unable to find the harddrive on my system What I harddrive Cannot external find ve tried so far I ve tried searching My Computer Disk Management and Device Manager none of them are showing up anything they were showing the device perfectly before the incident I have also attempted to use the harddrive on a laptop of mine but to no avail I ve attempted to find out if UPnP is enabled on my Bios menu but for some reason this menu keeps softlocking hardlocking and I must manually restarted the computer I have also shut down all power to the computer for about an hour and the problem persists Any help would be most appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Cannot find external harddrive

problem fixed

i had to buy another hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-find-external-harddrive.168400/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old HP Pavilion 513W Desktop - System # P9857A, Serial # MX234A4770, with a 845GL Chipset and a 478 Socket I think ?Where can I get a replacement Motherboard NEW or Used?

A:Where can I find a new or used HP Pavilion 513W motherboard?

http://www.laptopteks.com/HP/Deskto...-(US)-(P9857A)/Motherboard-(System-Board).asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-find-a-new-or-used-hp-pavilion-513w-motherboard.167087/
Relevancy 23.22%

This is my very first post on this site so let me apologize up front in case I m not following the proper procedure or I m saying something REALLY stupid I XP installed? amount RAM reporting Windows than is of different is Why ve tried to follow the rules provide enough info amp post a properly worded albeit LONG question s I m sure this has been answered here before but I couldn t figure out exactly how to search for it if it is On to the point I have Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed? several PCs Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed? running -bit Windoze XP SP with latest amp greatest updates They each have internal graphics cards that are not being used amp I ve tried to turn them off in the BIOS Most of them do not report the full amount of RAM that is installed in the system when I right click on quot My Computer quot amp choose quot Properties quot PCs have GB of RAM These systems have a GB graphics card amp they report about GB RAM each reports a different amount These are almost totally different PCs with the exact same graphics card PC has GB of RAM This system has a MB graphics card yet it reports GB of RAM I also have PC that has GB of RAM amp a MB graphics card amp it reports GB of RAM PC that has GB of RAM amp a MB graphics card amp it reports GB of RAM Can somebody please explain What am I doing wrong with the systems that are reporting less RAM than is installed or What can I do to get them to report the correct amount of RAM or Why is Windoze XP reporting less RAM than is actually installed or What additional info I can provide so that somebody here has enough info to give me a good answer Thank you nbsp

A:Why is Windows XP reporting different amount of RAM than is installed?

Hi Bamim,
A couple of things. What are you using to get the memory info from? You may be seeing the "unused" or availible ram left on your system...not the total installed.
Secondly, The system information does not combine and report Graphics memory/buffer with main system memory. you can download software to see the reporting of Graphics memory.
thirdly, 32 bit operating systems will only recognize up to 4GB of system ram, after reserving a portion for system hardware (memory mapping) it will then report the "availible" or "useable" ram you have at your disposal for running applications.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-windows-xp-reporting-different-amount-of-ram-than-is-installed.166758/
Relevancy 21.5%

I tried to change my network settings from WPA to to network find was certificate log you unable on to Windows to the a WEP last night and like an I screwed it up I only wanted to change it over temporarily so I could access the wireless network with another device that isn t compatible with WPA I ended up having to restore the Linksys router to Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network its default settings I then tried to recreate the settings it had before with WPA before I messed it up It was on WPA -Personal AES and I changed the network SSID and passwords back from default Very basic I didn t set the Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network router up myself originally though so there must be something I m missing I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but when I try going wireless on both Windows laptops one XP and one Vista I get a message saying quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network my SSID quot Most of the searches I ran on Google had people suggesting that I uncheck quot Enable IEEE x authentication quot in the laptop s wireless Authentication settings but that is already unchecked Besides shouldn t the fix have to do with something in the router settings since the wireless was working before I mucked around with the router The laptop settings remain unchanged from the when wireless used to work so they should be okay right I also tried setting the router up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup but after the bar loads to the end it says it was unable to connect Anyone have any suggestions Or need more info that might help solve my wireless problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.166793/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have Dell inspiron 535s it was running well at 800mhz with 2gb of ram(1
+1) .when I installed 4gb ddr2 800 mhz (2+2)it ran at 667 mhz and window showed 3.25gb usable Ram.There is no way I can correct it from BIOS as I didn't find any option of memory remapping or overclocking it.Is there any way I could raise the speed of my Ram and also Raise it to 4gb usable???By the way I am running win7 ultimate.

A:Window detects 3.25GB RAM when I installed 4GB

First, your system only showing usable memory at 3.25GB is perfectly correct. You cannot do anything about that unless you use 64bit windows.

I suspect that the new memory you have fitted has a higher voltage rating and is therefore running at a lower clock speed. Check the voltage rating on the manufacturer's site and then make the adjustment in the Bios.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/window-detects-3-25gb-ram-when-i-installed-4gb.166367/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi First let me tell you that I did try to research this problem before posting this I have a HP Pavilion Slimline s w this is probably important It came factory with W and did not include any driver discs I recently purchased Win XP and installed it to a separate HDD My plan is to dual-boot win and XP on two different HDDs if you consider that a dual-boot This seemed XP Fresh installed, the help adapter work need to getting network to work until I found out I cannot connect to the internet with xp I looked on this site for people with similar problems and I came to the conclusion that I need to install the factory driver for my network adapter This is because I dont get the network access icon at the bottom Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work and it wont allow me to set-up a connection Going into the device manager there is a network adapter but I dont think it even works So taking the advice I found on this site I attempted to download the driver for this PC from the HP website They dont even have a driver that supports XP for this Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work POS The network adapter is fine Im on the same PC right now just on my Win OS HDD The connection is great the hardware is great my modem is fine and my router is spiffy It is obviously a problem with XP So assuming my driver is the problem is it possible i can still connect to the internet if the driver doesnt even support xp If you think this isnt the problem or if you have any suggestions for me please let me know nbsp

A:Fresh XP installed, need help getting the network adapter to work

If you look under Device Manager when on Win 7 you should be able to get the name of the wireless card. And then do a search for XP drivers for that device. You will also need the chipset drivers for the motherboard for XP, those should be available from the manufacturer's site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-xp-installed-need-help-getting-the-network-adapter-to-work.166130/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings!

I have a device on my network that I'm trying to ID. I can get the MAC address off the switch, and I need to get either the IP address or the name of the device. How do I do this using the MAC address?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

A:How to find a computer name or IP with the MAC address?

download a copy of Network Magic to one system and let it discover the devices on your LAN. even after the trial period lapses, it will still keep the mapping current.

For every device discovered, there are details for the device
Mac addr, IP addr, and device/system info

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-a-computer-name-or-ip-with-the-mac-address.165985/
Relevancy 21.93%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve had this problem for years and always just unplugged the IDE drive SATA drive drive with IDE Reinstalling OS installed to before reinstalling I m tired of doing that though and I want to fix it I finally got fed up at all the problems my computer has been having and decided to reinstall Windows I have SATA drives x TB and a Gig and a Gig IDE drive I install the OS to a partition of the gig drive but during the install when it reboots after unpacking the files it always tries to boot from the IDE drive which gives me an error quot BOOTMGR not found quot Even if I go into the boot selection and choose the SATA drive it gives me the message If I installed the OS with the IDE drive plugged in even unplugging that drive and rebooting gives me the error I have to install Reinstalling OS to SATA drive with IDE drive installed Windows with the IDE drive unplugged I haven t looked at it a while but I m pretty sure the IDE drive is set to slave not sure if that matters though since it s the only IDE drive Is there anything I can do about this I m tired of unplugging the drive to reinstall it s just a pain nbsp

A:Reinstalling OS to SATA drive with IDE drive installed

You need to check that the jumpers on the IDE drive are set for slave and check in the Bios that the SATA drive with the OS is set as Primary Master.

I would also check under Integrated Perpherals in the Bios that your IDE set up shows the Serial-ATA controller is enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reinstalling-os-to-sata-drive-with-ide-drive-installed.164208/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a sound problem. And I can't find my sound card's name. It just disappeared. It says "No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer."
How may I know what download and install.? I run win7 professional. Intel(R) pentium(R) D. 2GHz 512MB of RAM.
please. thank you

A:How to find sound card's name

You can download DriverIdentifier from http://www.driveridentifier.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-find-sound-cards-name.163343/
Relevancy 23.22%

I installed this PCI-X controller below but into a normal PCI slot Adaptec AIC- W SCSI cause before serious more I not installed, help needed problems BIOS Controller Adapter Card PCI-X I then proceeded to conect the HDD s up GB K BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems RPM Fujitsu Ultra SCSI -pin LVD drives it is a long cable that connects into the controller and at the end has the terminator My OS is on a GB Western Digital WD Raptor with two more Seagate Barracuda TB drives this point I turned the machine on not sure what to expect they are very loud turbine sounding but they were outside of the case since I didn t know if they would work or not Not the hdd not working but the setup cause I knowing nothing about SCSI and plus the drives in a normal size case lights blink on and off at times on the scsi hdd s The machine saw the controller and I was able to access the config utility was telling me that setup was something something wrong and when I clicked out and continued Booting the controller Kernel Controller started The messages below is how it ends Following SCSI IDs are not responding No Logical drives foud No Int Drives to support BIOS not installed This is just one of my personal machines no server or anything like that Update Removed controller hdd s and now the system is back to normal I like to know how to run the scsi setup Would I notice a vast difference in speed compared to my hdd s now with no raid what so ever nbsp

A:BIOS not installed, serious help needed before I cause more problems

I suspect that you do not have the jumpers set correctly on the Fujitsu drives. They must all be different to give each drive a separate ID.

There may also be a problem with your Bios settings or possibly the Bios is incompatible.

From what I have read on the subject the SCSI set up would give a noticeable increase in speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-not-installed-serious-help-needed-before-i-cause-more-problems.162592/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so i ve finally gotten to a point where I can t stand not owning a tablet I m not yet prepared to drop more than though I tablet Can't this find was looking at a Can't find this tablet rooted Nook Color but found the Archos which runs Windows i d love to Can't find this tablet have a win tablet but i m willing to consider the which runs android but then came across the Notion Ink Adam The problem I can t find it ANYWHERE Was this item pulled Should I even be wanting a tablet that I can t even find I know it had a rough start but after having seen a few videos it may be in my top list literally as it is on the upper end of the money range lol I ve found the other tablets on ebay but the Notion Ink is overpriced on there A seller is selling the bottom line version for over Finally found someone starting off below but with days left to go I have a feeling it ll end up going over my budget Anyway just wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding this Adam tablet My mind still isn t made up but i ve got days off from work so plenty of time to think about it lol Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Can't find this tablet

Might not be out yet, but the Motorola Xoom will drop to $399 at Staples soon. I too would like Windows tablet but Windows 7 isn't really good on tablet and Windows 8 won't be out until next year for Tablets. They say end of the year but then how much would the tablet be? That's issue. Overcharging for Tablet's that cost anywhere from $60 and up.

If you live in the USA you can go to any CVS Drug Store or CVS 24HR Pharmacy and pickup a $99 buck tablet running 700MHz, Android OS 2.1 with 4GB IS (internal storage) plus 32GB ES (external storage) 256MB RAM, 7" HD with 720p HDMI port, 2x USB one Full and one mini port. With that you can connect a USB wireless mouse or combo. There is even 3GB support. This tablet is made by the old Craig Electronics well it made for them. The good thing about this tablet you can root it and get Google Market on it. Once you do that you can access any app for it.

Now the deal breaker if you have anyone you know who works for CVS you can get the tablet for $60 bucks. If not with the floating around 20 to 25% off coupon you can also get it for about $77 to $79. Still not a bad deal. You also have 90 day's to change your mind and get your money back but wait CVS gives you back more if you use their coupons and thus you can walk away with $22 bucks in a CVS Gift Card.

Tablet looks like this:

Well other than the above is the Coby KYROS MID7015-4G both have the same features except the Coby has 800MHz, 1080p output. Can play 3D Games. $139 to $249

Next to that would be eLocity A7 1GHz Dual core, 512MB RAM with Android OS 2.2 same storage as the above, but you get CTS panel cost $299 to $349.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-find-this-tablet.162581/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I broke a pin on my CPU prolly not the most unheard of thing, as a result I can't figure out what kind of processor I have. The twist to my situation that google can't help with is that my motherboard is an ABIT AN932X (non fatality) all the support for the non fatality board appears to be gone or so buried I cant find the boards supported CPU's. So either I need help finding out what kind of CPU i have or what kind of CPU i can get any and all help is appreciated.

A:How do I find out what CPU I have if the computer doesn't run?

did you look directly on the CPU?
there should some helpful information like a serial number, stepping, etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-find-out-what-cpu-i-have-if-the-computer-doesnt-run.161533/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello with on on of Ran installed Windows space it out partition I need some help advice on a problem I am having with a new desktop I put together myself I m sure I have made some rookie mistakes along the way but this is why I did it for the learning process Anyhow a problem I have already encountered is when installing windows I partitioned a gb hard drive with one partition for the os with gb and two more partitions for storage Ran out of space on partition with Windows installed on it with the remainder of the unallocated memory Now the partition with my os is gb full and I know I am going to encounter problems I tried to shrink one of the storage partitions to leave gb of unallocated space to extend on the os partition but windows disk management tool does not allow you to do that Is my only option reinstalling windows onto one of these larger partitions and then formatting the old one I am fairly new to tech spot so If I am not using proper posting etiquette feel free to let me know Thank you any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Ran out of space on partition with Windows installed on it

You can extend the partition that you have installed Windows into, but in my opinion it would be a better idea to use a program such as Easus Partition manager; at;
http://www.partition-tool.com/download.htm
The free (Home) version is fine for a job like this.
An alternative I have used is at;
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
These programs work in a similar way, by showing the partitions as they exist now.
You click once on the one you need to resize (to highlight it), then right-click, choose 'resize', drag the end markers out to where you want the partition to be,
click 'apply'. That's it, it does all the rest, and can take a few minutes to complete.
Note that it is a very good idea to when making major changes like this, to make a system image onto an external hard drive, just as insurance. But this method has worked perfectly for me on several different makes of drive, (1TB Seagate, 4 partitons) and
Iomega 320GB (3 partitions).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ran-out-of-space-on-partition-with-windows-installed-on-it.162457/
Relevancy 21.5%

i have an 802.11 n/g/b Wireless Lan USB adapter and just recently its been disconncting itself from the home network and then when i try reconnct it cant find any wireless networks at all. i have found a fix but it gets annoying after every 15 mins to half an hour of disabling the wireless network adapter and then re-enabling. not sure whats going on please help!

A:Wireless Network adapter disconnects then cant find networks help!

How is your signal strength? If you haven't already, you could try using a 3 foot USB extension so you can move the dongle to a more favorable reception position. If that doesn't help, just get a new one. I use one of these for one of my PCs and they seem to tend to fail after awhile.

I'm using a Rosewill USB adapter now and that one has been the most reliable so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-adapter-disconnects-then-cant-find-networks-help.162363/
Relevancy 21.07%

Here is what I get when I type ipconfig all Host Name Tanya Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek on Local connection Windows wireless says internet internet My Vista Only connection RTL B Wireless b g Mbp s USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -D -A -FF- A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ed a d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - E- -CE-BB-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C E B - EA - D - F B- F B F br DA Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet connection says Local Only on Windows Vista wireless internet connection

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.255.53.64(Preferred)Click to expand...

this occures when there is no response to the DHCP request.

First, disable the WiFi, cable a connection to the router and retry; what's the result?

While connected to the router, config it for the:
router address and DHCP range
wifi SSID, Channel
set a new admin password and save the settings.

Disable the wired interface, enable the WiFi and retry the WiFi connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-connection-says-local-only-on-windows-vista-wireless-internet-connection.161510/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,I have installed a new pci express card i get a message when starting up it says warning make sure the fan is connected and there is good ventilation is this normal as the card fan is working fine.if it is the norm is there away of stopping this message.Regards Martin.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-express-card-installed-odd-message.160909/