Windows Support Forum

Z600 - Chipset Fan Always Running on High RPM

Q: Z600 - Chipset Fan Always Running on High RPM

Ladies, gents, I recently got a refurbished Z600 workstation and immediately noticed that the chipset fan is always running at approx. 2,500 rpm, even right after a cold boot and when idling. I can't image that this is normal - all the temperatures are fine, so I see no reason for the fan to spin this high. I know that it is a small fan which needs the high rpm to create sufficient air flow, but 2,500 rpm seems excessive. Has anybody experienced this before? Is this in fact the normal idle speed for the chipset fan (as the seller's customer service wants to make me believe)?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-Chipset-Fan-Always-Running-on-High-RPM/td-p/5592042
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Z600 - Chipset Fan Always Running on High RPM

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 19.78%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 23.65%

While the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X has been praised for its compact PCB and powerful closed-loop liquid cooling solution, many Fury X owners noticed that the pump block included with the card emits an annoying high-pitched whine, ruining what...

Read more

A:AMD revises Radeon R9 Fury X pump block to kill high-pitched whine

Kill every sound, AMD, but the whining will continue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-revises-radeon-r9-fury-x-pump-block-to-kill-high-pitched-whine.216096/
Relevancy 23.65%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

As the title suggest, can you clarify to me if I can run a ddr3 2133 on Gigabyte H81M-DS2 which according to the website (Gigabyte) that it supports only up to 1600 of DDR3. I have a 4GBx2 of DDR3 2133 G-Skill, others say I can use XMP to use the advertise speed of the ram which 2133Mhz. Currently my ram is running at 1600 which the defualt speed. Will it break my system?

Thanks.

A:Gigabyte H81M-DS2 running a DDR3 2133Mhz

Anything over the specified limits will create room for error and instability. You can technically run the RAM at the rated speeds from my understanding, but it's not guaranteed that it'll work without any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-h81m-ds2-running-a-ddr3-2133mhz.213688/
Relevancy 24.94%

AMD is today launching the A10-7870K, a new, high-end desktop APU that provides minor spec bumps over the company's previous desktop APU flagship at a similarly competitive price point.

Read more

A:AMD launches the A10-7870K, a new high-end desktop APU

The pricing is what kicks Intel in the nuts, which is great if you going for a low budget computer and don't mind not having a dedicated video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-the-a10-7870k-a-new-high-end-desktop-apu.213480/
Relevancy 24.08%

Many in the PC gaming world are turning their attention to AMD's upcoming Radeon R9 300 series launch and specifically, the R9 390X. According to the latest scuttlebutt, this card will ship with two different SKUs - an air-cooled version...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon R9 390X variant will come water-cooled with High Bandwidth Memory

Having to resort to water cooling just to be on par with nvidia what a joke
amd with their hot running primitive brute force gpus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-r9-390x-variant-will-come-water-cooled-with-high-bandwidth-memory.212772/
Relevancy 24.94%

Oculus VR on Friday revealed the recommended hardware specifications needed to deliver the best experience when using its upcoming virtual reality headset.

Read more

A:A high-end PC will be needed for the best Oculus Rift experience

I don't get it? It's supposed to be peripheral device. like an LCD screen, just with inbuilt mouse pointer. What does your PC specs got to do with performance, other than necessity to setup the resolution for inbuilt displays? What does it mean 'games and applications created for the Rift in-house'? Does it mean it will require custom games and applications, no support out of the box for existing games? If that's the case, their VR is gonna die faster than 3D. Please tell Me I'm mistaken?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-high-end-pc-will-be-needed-for-the-best-oculus-rift-experience.213137/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,
the following are the specs of my computer:
Asus P8Z77-V- LX2 Motherboard
Intel i7-2600CPU @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM DDR3 668.5MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti

I lag on almost every single game, including League of Legends, Maple Story, DotA 2. Most of these does not lag on my low-mid end laptop and I find it very annoying why has it been lagging on my PC. I thought it was a faulty graphics card back then when I had the ATI 6970M graphics card then I upgraded to the GTX 780Ti and it still lags.

I notice miracle happens when I was using my 6970M graphics card, whenever I uninstall and re install the driver of the graphics card at the "Manage my computer" program, the lag disables and I am able to play all games with no lag. However, after restarting, the lag resumes and I must repeat the same step to remove the lag. However, with my GTX 780Ti, it does not work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-pc-lag-while-gaming.213241/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm currently in the process of trying to run three separate videos on three separate computers which are then connected to three separate projectors (sorry if this seems confusing). I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.

I've read posts about the VLC Media Player, but am not sure if it's what I need since I will be using three separate computers and then connecting to projectors.

If anyone knows of a way that I can do this either with the VLC Media Player or without I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks guys, xx

(I'm not quite sure if this should be solved with hardware or software)

A:Running three videos on separate computers simultaneously

I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.Click to expand...

almost 99.9% impossible. Whether it's streaming or simple MP4s, each system is pulling independently and every system has a unique client-host latency and will likely get out of sync almost immediately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-three-videos-on-separate-computers-simultaneously.212543/
Relevancy 23.65%

Leaked specifications from a pair of upcoming Intel Skylake processors have hit the web. If accurate, we could see Intel pumping out CPUs with high clock rates on par with the company's existing Devil's Canyon offering.

Read more

A:Leaked specs for upcoming Intel Skylake CPUs reveal high clock rates, 95W TDP and more

@shawn
I read that the performance jump between Broadwell and Skylake will be like what we saw with Prescott to Conroe. Do you believe this is possible with the unlocked Skylake-S parts? Have you heard this rumour?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-specs-for-upcoming-intel-skylake-cpus-reveal-high-clock-rates-95w-tdp-and-more.212186/
Relevancy 24.94%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 20.21%

hi all just bought emachinesD620-261G16Mi MODEL NO -ms2257 from a y whos had enough of it..manufactured in 2008 she bought it and was very slow so as insurance still valid she sent it back , they had it 8 months then she got it back and still same problem press power on button and takes a while to load to desktop but then every application u click I get the little timer circle come up and everything takes ages please help .. it has
amd athlon 2650e cpu , 1gb ram ddr2 160gb harddrive please help

just to add on it now and I close an application or even a photo and I get the timer circle takes at least 30 seconds before I can click anything else . and sometimes all the icons on desktop dissapear then reappear after a while

A:Emachines running very very slow

Have you scanned for malware? (the obvious IS my speciality)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-running-very-very-slow.181026/
Relevancy 24.94%

So I ve been monitoring my computer s temperatures and I must admit I m not happy with what I ve seen After gaming my FX- has been reaching temperatures above the C max recommendation temperatures FX-8320 high Stock with that AMD has in place The highest I ve seen so far Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures is C which is just outrageously high I m running my FX- at completely stock speeds with the stock fan on a Gigabyte FXA-UD rev motherboard Now as of writing this thread I Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures have already ordered a Cooler Master Hyper EVO as my research suggest that this is a very capable fan for an FX- xxx series processor at stock speeds and maybe even a modest overclock as well I actually intended to get this cooler earlier in my system s life but I ve been lazy and frugal and figured that the stock fan would be fine for stock speeds I also figured my spacious Antec case with a ton of fans at max speed would ve been enough Anyway what shocked me is that when I built this system I kept a very close eye on temperatures during gaming and I never would exceed C under load and idled around C Now quite a while down the line the same cooler can hardly keep the processor below C under load but when the machine is idle I get really low temperatures so low it s at C at some points I ve included a screenshot of both these situations So frankly put what the hell is going on here My idle temperatures are better than ever but my load temperatures are worse than ever Could I have an inaccurate sensor on my processor As precautionary measure I already cleaned out all of the dust filters in my Antec quot Illusion quot case photo also included I also opened that puppy up and blew as much dust out as I could off of the components so it s not real dusty in there anymore The heatsink fan combo was properly secured so it doesn t seem to have become improperly seated over this time Despite this I haven t seen an improvement in temperatures Any assistance in figuring out what the deal is here would be greatly appreciated My specs are as follows AMD FX- GHz Vishera Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev G Skill Sniper GB DDR - RAM Gigabyte GeForce GTX GB WindForce Western Digital Black TB SATA-III HDD Antec Illusion case Antec HCG W PSU Windows Ultimate SP x x mm Antec fans mm Antec fan nbsp

A:Stock FX-8320 with high temperatures

Have you cleaned the actual cpu cooler? If it has as much dust as your filter does, that could really affect the efficiency of the cooler. I have both a 8320 in a build and a 8350 and I use AIO water coolers such as Corsair H80 or H100.
The CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO is a very good air cooler. Take your time mounting it and be sure to use quality thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stock-fx-8320-with-high-temperatures.202655/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am trying to make some games on steam not lag the most difficult one I have to get to stop lagging is Rage and I'm looking for a processor and video card combination that wont kill my lap top. its running windows 7 ultimate with an AMD Sempron m120 2.10 GHz 4 GB ram and a 64 bit operating system. any info would help I'm sick of it taking 2 hours to drive a 4 wheeler to the first mission and then it crashing.

A:I am running an HP g61 laptop

Firstly I want a golden eagle bust, secondly don't game on a laptop, and lastly there's no way to buy a CPU (GPU just maybe with amplifiers but not worth it) for your laptop. If you want to invest money consider building a gaming desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-running-an-hp-g61-laptop.208849/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

A:Is my i7 4790k running too hot?

hellasenpai said:

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

No its actually running nice and cool so do not worry. The temp limits for that processor I believe is 105 Celcius and you are way below that. Normally you want to keep below 80c for longevity of a processor (Intel side). For instance my CPU is overclocked under liquid and Prime95 runs it up to on some cores 75C and I have a Haswell-E 5930K.

You are more than perfectly fine!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-i7-4790k-running-too-hot.206076/
Relevancy 19.35%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I've got a problem. My GPU GTX780 GHz is making a buzzing / whining sound at very high fps and I mean 300+. I tried to google it but most buzzing seems to be made by PSU however PSU has nothing to do with fps. And I assume that the power consumption is roughly the same when playing Crysis 3 120 fps or Dead Space 2 400+ fps.
Yes I know I could use v-sync but sometime it causes noticeable input lag.

Is it normal? Safe for the GPU? Does it go away?

Thanks for info

A:GPU buzzing / whining at very high fps

What is you PSU make and model? When was the last time you cleaned your system out (physically powering down, opening the case and removing all the dust - especially on all the fans)? Do you monitor your internal temps when you game - if so what are they when you game? Have you overclocked anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-buzzing-whining-at-very-high-fps.207333/
Relevancy 24.94%

Now I know this question has been asked quite a few times but the results always vary and it appears really dependent on the hw So Recently I have been hearing an interrupted high pitched whistle from the case It is not too loud but interrupts when pitched High whistle PC coming from somewhere I need to ex read High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC something and concentrate It is not a singular long beep High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC but series of small beeps When I opened the case I tried to High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC listen where it goes from it does not appear to whistle from the electric source and CPU Graphics Net card Motherboard are too close to each other to properly determine I tried to listen with a straw but it always appears to emanate from someplace else when using this method I tried to dust everything firm the screws nothing helped The issue started about two or three weeks back I purchased the PC about a year ago and the user have not reported anything similar the last change was adding a new CPU fan about four months ago The Rig Mobo ASUS M N -AM SLV CPU AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor CPU Fan Coolermaster Hyper Evo Ram x GB PC AM Vga AMD Radeon FDD in apacer sln HDD seagate GB sln E C Cdrom DVDRW LG sln Advice very much appreciated nbsp

A:High pitched whistle coming somewhere from PC

That noise could be either:

FAN
HDD
PSU

Is this system OC = overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-whistle-coming-somewhere-from-pc.206833/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there I could use a little help here I have a kingston hiperx GB ram memory KHX C D B GB installed on my PC but its I something? Should 1600 ram 1333. at running hiperx do kingston running at MHz 1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something? instead of the advertised I made some digging and found out that it s not an anomaly vendor says that the card CAN run at no problem but its set by default at and I can manually set the speed if I want to Also made some digging on forums and some people say it can be done no harm there and others say it s not worth risking whatever the risk is and just let it be because I wouldn t notice the difference anyway but I have always relied on techspot for my PC issues and so I do so again Main question here is should I change it from to and if I should whats the proper way to do it If useful the other specs of my PC are ASUS A- XM A motherboard with AMD A K APU GHz and RADEON R GB DDR Video card I use it mainly for gaming view my series working and making video dvds Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me nbsp

A:1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something?

All RAM, no matter the speed, is by default clocked to 1333MHz by the CPU/motherboard/BIOS as a safety factor. There is no harm in changing it to the advertised values since it is tested to operate at that speed. All you need to do is reboot the PC and spam the BIOS key (whatever key it says on the boot splash screen). Once in there, it is hard to guide you since all BIOS are different and ASUS could have changed the location of this setting. It is usually under advanced chipset settings though. Just search around for anywhere in the BIOS stating "RAM" or the speed, "1333MHz". Once you find it, change the speed to 1600MHz.

Tell me if you cannot find this setting or need further assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1600-kingston-hiperx-ram-running-at-1333-should-i-do-something.203830/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

Quick question and I believe the answer is NO. If you have a PC with one drive where OS is already running and configured, can you add another identical drive and configure RAID 1 without having to reinstall or reformat anything?

Thanks

A:Setting up RAID 1 on already running OS drive

Hey there, pioneerx01!

Unfortunately, you can't convert a single drive into a RAID array without data loss. At least one sector will be overwritten, which will cause problems because the file system and partition information will not be correct anymore. This will lead to a lot of annoying notifications and very unpleasant problems.
However, I believe there's a chance to create RAID arrays while keeping the data but I'd strongly advise against it.
The best way to deal with this is the safe way - back up your data and properly create the RAID 1 array.

Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-raid-1-on-already-running-os-drive.205730/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello guys,
I built myself a new PC and it is pretty loud so I am worried I didn't made a good seal between thermal paste and a CPU, I use a stock AMD cooler and the CPU is AMD Athlon X4 760K, no overclocking.
Max temperatures that my BIOS showed was I think 69C-71C.
Should I be worried and should I replace thermal paste or it's all OK?
Thanks in advance.

A:High temperatures on AMD CPU?

That seems a bit hot. AMD recommends that the 760K stay below 74C and you are approaching that point. I would recommend putting $35 into a Hyper 212 Evo. that will ensure cool temps on the cheap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperatures-on-amd-cpu.205049/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone I recently mounted this new PC just listing the relevant parts - AMD FX- Eight-Core - MSI Gaming Motherboard http thepcenthusiast com msi- -gaming-am -motherboard-unleashed - G Skill Ripjaws X DDR PC - GB CL x modules of GB Dual channel in slots and at readings) Is 1600mhz? running RAM: or it (Contradictory 2133 - Win - RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) bit My motherboard specs states that I should be able to enjoy mhz memory just IF I overclock and up to mhz without it quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Nevertheless I m getting contradictory readings from different programs so I don t really know at which memory speed I am currently running I went to the BIOS to stablish the mhz via overclok settings MSI Command center is telling me I m running at Mhz x modules but the total DRAM frequency frequency reader states quot Mhz quot which is x modules I ve tried with OC Genie II both enabled an disabled from the BIOS OC Genie is the smart overcloking software from MSI Enables a slight and conservative overclock I have it enabled just in case but I don t believe it is necesarry in order to allow single manual RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) overclocks from the BIOS like memory frequency I m not looking for CPU overclock right now just to enable mhz of memory On the other hand CPU-Z states DRAM frequency at Mhz but NB RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) Frequency at Mhz So I m a little bit confused How many Mhz I m currently Running I am not supposed to have at least mhz readings without overcloking even taking in account that my motherboard quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Maybe I m reading something wrong or maybe I m not using the right tools for reading it All suggestions and ideas are welcome Thanks in advance for all the help nbsp

A:RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings)

Did you just put in the RAM and be done with it or did you go into the BIOS and set the frequencies to the advertised amount? Motherboard default the RAM to 1333MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-is-it-running-at-2133-or-1600mhz-contradictory-readings.204887/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi guys
lately I changed my windows from 7 ultimate to another 7 ultimate
then my hell started ... my CPU Usages just jump high with out any reason ... when no program running it jump to 15% ... browser take more than it should take ... and if I open any online game it jump to 70-80% which should not happen I used to open all things I want at once and have near 20% cpu usages
I tryed every think closed back gorund programs and scan for virus or malwares I tried a lot of things but still nothing no change still high ...
how can I fix this ?!!!!

A:High CPU Usage

Hello, can you post your full system specifications? Also, are you sure this new Windows 7 copy is legitimate and not pirated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-cpu-usage.204817/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone I own the Acer Aspire G- and I ve had it for a little over two years now One 5552G-7641 Aspire with Temperatures Acer Extremely High of the main problems I have with it is its temperature Right now when all I have open Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641 is Firefox and iTunes the temperature according to Speedfan is as follows HD C Temp C GPU C Core C I have the rear of my laptop suspended about cm in the air by putting two bottle caps in the rear corners This is an attempt to promote better cooling When I play video games it overheats to the point that the laptop shuts off automatically I understand that the majority of overheating issues is not cleaning enough And indeed I have never cleaned my laptop before However opening the laptop or bringing it to a tech-guy is not really an option at the moment I have read on many forums that using compressed air is efficient but I have also read that it can be extremely dangerous on laptops because of water moisture Also they seem to only pertain to desktops With that said I am here to ask for advice as to what to do with this thing The only ventilation hole is on the left of the laptop and takes up about of the side If any additional information is needed I will gladly provide it Thank you nbsp

A:Extremely High Temperatures with Acer Aspire 5552G-7641

Speedfan is not accurate 95% of the time. Tell me the readings using Realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-high-temperatures-with-acer-aspire-5552g-7641.192887/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey there,

This is my first high end computer and first time overclocking. I'm running the i5 4670k with Geforce GTX 770 and Corsair Hydro Series H75. I overclocked the CPU too 4.3GHZ. I was running wolfenstein today and was monitoring with speed fan for my computer temperatures and noticed the CPU got up to 58c. is this normal ? or is that running to hot ?

Thanks in advanced !!

A:Is my CPU running too hot?

Yes, very normal temperature. If it's running 85C+ for an extended time and you're not using 100% CPU, then you need to start perhaps worrying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-cpu-running-too-hot.203267/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!
Thanks

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as 127.0.0.1:nnn are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-flashing-with-nearly-no-processes-running.202265/
Relevancy 19.78%

hello to all ,
I find the threads very intresting and helpfull for a gizzer guy, well here goes ,my daughter has a PP29l dell that won't power up and she ask ,dad can you fix this? so I say Let me look at it. I then went to your tech site and learded how to take it apart to fix the problem of: powers up for one moment ,fan runs then stops , no screen, according to SimonEast I'm looking for a mag sensor labled u1 but having trouble locating it . is it in the board above the two mouse pads or on the mother board or in the display screen?. as far as i can tell the small board above the pads won't remove very easily,need a little more price guidence.
thanks

A:Dell PP29L stops running after a second

What is the Service Tag or the Express Service Code number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-pp29l-stops-running-after-a-second.178562/
Relevancy 20.21%

I put together a comp. with parts of my brothers old comp. For my brother to have a new 1 ,but he wanted programs like office "which is on his old Hard drive" and my widows vista business that I have doesn't have office . So I thought maybe I could put his old hard drive as a slave drive and he would have all his old programs ,but it say's they won't run on that OS. Is there any way around this or am I better off getting office somewhere and fresh installing it ?His old Comp. was a Dell.

A:Running off slave drive

What you want to do can't be done. Has to be installed on that Windows install.

Does he really need "Microsoft Office"? because there are a few pretty solid free office suites out there, just for some of the more complex formatting causes problems sharing with people that use Microsoft Office.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-off-slave-drive.200846/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!
Nice to be part of this great website.
How can I get rid of a radio running in the background of my PC? Please, help.

A:Running radio in the background

More info please. Operating System for starters & welcome to TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-radio-in-the-background.200549/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,

I reviewed the forum but could not find exactly what I was looking for. I am a computer user not a builder. I am considering a high end Mac
3.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4X8GB
3TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4GB GDDR5
This is like $3.3k USD. Will I get as much out of this as say a high end alien ware desktop? I am a geezer and prefer the Mac for the all in one design and aesthetics. I usually keep my Mac's for about 5 years then get a new one. Given I'm not price sensitive and my concerns, will I get as good a gaming experience on this as I would a high end gaming PC?

Thanks

A:High-end Mac versus gaming PC

The higher resolution of the iMac will mean you definitely won't be able to max out all games. Also, there's not many games to start with - Steam is probably your best resource here.

I, along with anyone else here, cannot recommend an iMac for you, unless:
- You desperately need OSX.
- You need an All-in-one form factor for some unknown reason.

$3.3K is laughably-high, and more than enough to buy parts and pay someone to build it for you. For comparison, $800 parts (<$1000 including building fee) will demolish the above iMac in gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-mac-versus-gaming-pc.200069/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello everyone I m using AMD FX- W with Gigabyte GA- A-DS I ve been using this CPU on the MB even on the F bios version even though the CPU is not officially supported only the W version and only from F a bios So here is noise high CPU VRM pitched or makes the problem I ran OCCT test and after about minutes or so there is a constant high pitched noise coming from somewhere around CPU area which lasts for around seconds then stops When that happens I can hear the CPU fan slowing down and temperatures decreasing which CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise would normally point to throttling the temps are very low so it s not that After seconds it just comes back to normal the test is still running and after a few minutes it happens again etc However the CPU usage frequency and voltage all stay unchanged I CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise ve checked in OCCT CPU-Z and AIDA at the same time and that is a bit confusing since I don t even know what s happening Could be some safety instructions from the mobo because of CPU or VRM makes high pitched noise the high TDP processor At some point I tried overclocking and I got to GHz with the stock voltage but I can t go any further even with the voltage bumped to V but that s not my primary concern even though it could be that I got a bad cpu example I just mentioned this because the problem could be related as there could be compatibility issues but the CPU is working fine while it shouldn t work at all considering the mobo manufacturers compatibility list I searched all over the internet and I haven t found anyone with the same problem as I m having I found that some people are complaining about coil whine and after searching more on that I can tell that this is not coil whine but more of a high pitched quot beep quot noise not that loud at all that is constantly heard for about seconds So if anyone has an idea what s going on I would be very thankful for any help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-or-vrm-makes-high-pitched-noise.198621/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

I have been looking to build a PC for about 2 months, First I was sure id want to build a full tower desktop but lately I have been interested in the idea of a mini PC,

I want to use it for gaming on ultra graphics ( BF4 and Elder scrolls online when it releases) and watching movies.

What Im most worried about is the temperatures, but ive read around and it seems it shouldn't really be an issue with a good case with proper fans and a good cooling GPU,

any recommendations on parts?

I have been looking on Thermaltake Armor A30 SECC case and im waiting for nvidias price cut in November kinda, else I will probably go with one of the new AMD cards,

A:Building a mini PC for high end gaming

What is your budget for the project? Helps to have a reference point of what you'd like to spend and max you can spend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-mini-pc-for-high-end-gaming.197010/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 24.51%

I can disply my Apple MacBook Pro on my 64-inch TV screen. But the MB Pro has refresh only to 60 Hz. On the big screen this causes very noticeable flicker. What computer box or video card would I need to produce a disply on 64-inch at high enough refresh rate? (not sure what will be high enough). (Am using HDMI of course).

Thanks very much for any help!
btsyly

A:Vid Card with high enough refresh rate for 64-inch screen?

Something is wrong with your connections. 60Hz is plenty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vid-card-with-high-enough-refresh-rate-for-64-inch-screen.197646/
Relevancy 24.94%

http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/bf4-loves-high-speed-memory

This was posted by Corsair a couple of days ago. What does everyone think? Is this just an attempt to get people to upgrade to shinny corsair ram, or is this finally a reason for gamers to have good ram/ overclock our current sticks?

A:Battlefield 4 loves high-speed memory?

No way the average FPS increases by 20 just by adding faster RAM (1920x1200 ultra graph)... BF3 barely gains 3 FPS from high speed RAM. It is just bloated graphs and marketing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battlefield-4-loves-high-speed-memory.197380/
Relevancy 25.37%

About two days ago I was messing with my resolution in my computer whe I saw something wired that I never seen before and that was that there was some higher resolution than I change and high too Resolution can't it seen before so I set it as that Everything worked Resolution too high and can't change it fine intill I started to play swtor and when Resolution too high and can't change it I quit the game my computer screen whent blank and all it said was the resolution that my comp can hold I have a Nvidia GTX Ti I done everything I know that might solve my problem but nothing works I tried to run my computer on my onboard graphic card and it works fine and I can see everything The problem only happens when I tried to run it on my other graphic card I tried to run it on safe mode and change it through there but it still does not work I don t know if is because the graphic card is not getting enough power or something like that Can someone plese help me this problem is driving me crazy If anyone knows what to do please tell me that will really help me I have a Nvidia GTX Ti W power supply nbsp

A:Resolution too high and can't change it

First: Try changing resolution through Screen Resolution menu (Right-click on desktop)
Second: Try changing it through Nvidia Control Panel
Third: You monitor will have an auto-calibration function, accessible by the buttons under it, or any software provided by the manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/resolution-too-high-and-cant-change-it.179944/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi I recently posted a topic about upgrading my z socket mobo to and newer higher end board with way cfx sli support But now I am going to be selling my Msi z board and my intel k to a buddy at work and with the money I will be upgrading to the newer k or Haswell High Mobos end the k High end Haswell Mobos if High end Haswell Mobos it is released in time and if it is socket High end Haswell Mobos Now with that said I have around - budget on a new Z board with way cfx sli support I m only spending this much because with this setup I don t plan on upgrading to a new processor mobo for a couple of years Here are the motherboard I have been looking at MSI Z Xpower flagship board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Asus Maximus VI Extreme http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte GA-Z X-OC Force http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Gigabyte G Sniper LGA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Now as far as the boards go their all very similar the Asus Republic of Gamer boards seems to be a lot of peoples choice when it comes to Gaming Rigs but then MSI Xpower board seems to have the best On board audio and On board Lan Chipset which would be nice because three s will probably cover all the PCI Slots but the board has the highest price tag So out of my choices listed I m just wondering which board seems the best to go with when it comes to BIOS and high overclocking on both the CPU and three s in Triple CFX By the way this is a Gaming Pc Thanks a lot for opinion s and comments for which to go with nbsp

A:High end Haswell Mobos

The 4820K will be socket LGA 2011. It will not work for this build (Z87).

When looking at high end boards, you do not need to look at onboard audio and LAN since enthusiasts usually like to buy sounds cards and high end network cards. But the Xpower comes with a Killer networking card already, so that is out of the way. You may want a sound card though.

All the boards have their advantages, like the Xpower has a killer (brand) LAN card, the ASUS has great quality and features (like the OC panel), and the Gigabyte, well, I dont know xD.

Keep in mind though, the Xpower motherboard is an XL ATX. Make sure your case can handle it.

I would recommend the ASUS since I love ASUS boards and they have great quality, but the MSI one is also tempting, just make sure your case can fit it. It really comes down to color schemes since all have great features. The Gigabyte may be loud since it has chipset fans, so I would avoid them.

If you are doing a triple xfire configuration, I really think you should water cool them since they will really heat up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-haswell-mobos.195831/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD Radeon Hd 7900
i5 Procceser
Windows 7 x64
8.00 Gig RAM

A:Good PC yet steam games running at 10FPS

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you tried to update the video drivers to see if that makes a difference? What else do you have that is running while you try to play games? You need to give some more information like: what games are getting low FPS and your PC information (make and model - or is it custom built)? We should be able to help you, just need more to troubleshoot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-pc-yet-steam-games-running-at-10fps.194542/
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently bought this board(1 week ago) and noticed after installing windows 8 with all the drivers from the disk, that all my USB ports randomly started having problems recognizing certain USB devices such as a wireless dongle and a few wireless mouse and keyboard combos. There were no problems with any USB-storage devices. There are no yellow marks in device manager. I have updated the drivers, to what was on gigabyte their website, but it didn't workout. Did the same after installing Windows 7 to no avail. Have done some research and it seems there are problems regarding VIA VL800 chipset. I disabled it and it seems to help. Although it might not be the case, cause I've only tested it for 2 hours now without problems. But that means there are 4 USB3.0 ports on the back I can't use. Any suggestions please. Thanks in advance

A:VIA VL800 chipset for USB 3.0 giving problems on my Gigabyte Z77x-D3H

You dont wanna disable a chipset. That is the basically the heart of the PC. The CPU is the brain and the chipset is the heart. Without it, a lot of things can go wrong. I cant seem to find USB3 drivers on the Gigabyte site. Usually when I give poeple drivers from new machines, there is usually a USB 3 driver. Pretty odd. Head on over here and install the chipset driver: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4325&dl=1#driver. On the site it is listed as "Intel INF installation". If this doesnt work, I would recommend sending back the motherboard with a complaint about USB 3 not working. Never install drivers from the disk by the way. Also, the chipset driver I provided may not be 100% up to date, but I am pretty sure it is. I would give you the Intel version that may be more up to date but their download section is down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/via-vl800-chipset-for-usb-3-0-giving-problems-on-my-gigabyte-z77x-d3h.191439/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everybody I have been having a huge problem this sound High-pitched PC from last month with my computer which I hope someone will be able to help High-pitched sound from PC me with The problem A high pitch squeak sound is coming from inside my PC It appears to be coming from my graphics card or somewhere above on the motherboard I am not a hardware geek at all so in all honestly I really do not know I am almost sure it is NOT coming from my fans or my PSU though it does sound like a voltage problem Here is a VIDEO I filmed of my PC making the annoying sound The facts The noises are random and not related to anything They will appear when I m doing nothing and they will appear when I m doing loads of stuff The noises last between - seconds The noises started occurring AFTER I installed my new SSD http ocz com consumer vertex- -sata- -ssd - I had never heard them before I cannot RMA it unfortunately After installing my new SSD I formatted my PC and installed Windows and that drive Note I am almost sure that the sounds are not coming from the SSD or HDD NO sounds during startup or in BIOS People can hear the sound through Skype EVEN WHEN MY MIC IS MUTED I find this very odd and I hope it might be something to help locate the problem Some days there are sounds all the time but I have tried going hours without sounds What I have tried already I have tried unplugging my secondary HDD I have tried disabling EIST mode in BIOS read it somewhere on a forum I have tried cleaning my PC of all dust I have tried to make sure that all cables are properly connected I have tried connecting the PC directly to a wall socket to see if it had anything to do with that My PC specs Intel Core i K GHz Gigabyte Z AP-D Motherboard GB Memory Kingston HyperX DDR NVIDIA GeForce GTX So that s the specifics of my problem I really hope someone will be able to help me with this Best regards Rasmus of Denmark nbsp

A:High-pitched sound from PC

It maybe somewhat related to the noises mentioned in this thread.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-psu-coil-whine-or-something-else.191221/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-sound-from-pc.191420/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi after a restart of my laptop Dell Inspiron high Sound definition problem/IDT the audio wasn t working I hovered in the tool bar and the sound was with a red X meaning problematic I clicked it and the window started searching for the problem which was Sound problem/IDT high definition IDT High Definition Audio Codec I continued by clicking the windows to solve it but it didn t and the problem remained In the msinfo -- gt Componets-- gt Problem Devices it says IDT High Definition Audio Codec error code I don t know what that means I downloaded a new driver but it was a rar file I extract it and they were some componets similar to IDT but I don t know what to do I clicked the setup but it didn t do anything or any other applicaton in that folder Please a little help as I can t seem to find any solution neither restarting solves the problem neither pressing again and again for windows to automatic solve the problem tech specs are windows ultimate b and laptop Dell Inspiron nbsp

A:Sound problem/IDT high definition

Does your PC have a Realtek audio controller? Go to device manager and collapse the Sound, video, and game controllers tab as shown in the link below (cant post an image from dropbox straight in). Tell me what is listed on it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7svnb31j7alwal/Dev-Mgr-View.JPG

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-idt-high-definition.191506/
Relevancy 20.21%

For about a week I noticed my motherboard has been running hot on the display on my case it's been showing 130-136 F (alarm temp). All the fans seem to be working, not sure what could be causing this. This screenshot is from right now, only thing running is chrome with 5 tabs open

A:Motherboard running way to hot

Only thing that looks hot from the Screenshot is the cputin and that's probably a glitch reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-running-way-to-hot.191291/
Relevancy 25.37%

I don't really know why, or really what the names of these even mean but TMPIN3, AUXTIN, and TMPIN4 are noticeably high. And to be honest I've never even seen them on there before today. Should I be worried?

A:High temperature fluke?

Where are you seeing these temperatures and what do you mean by high?
Can you give us any more information (aside from none)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-temperature-fluke.190947/
Relevancy 19.78%

I slow running games Laptop m curious to know why this Acer aspired v - runs games slow Like Street fighter X Tekken can t run at max Laptop running games slow Iron brigade or even this MMO I play being FFXI I get lag running everything on high Specs AMD Quad core processor A AMD Radeon HD g MB GB DDR GB HDD I play FFXI a lot and I can t even increase resolution a bit or some settings higher because I will begin to experience some lag quot moving game camera slower then normal speed quot is there a particular reason as to why this laptop is having problems with light weight games I have only updated GPU driver and replaced HDD with SSD ive notice no improvements for any game other then pc booting in seconds and everything else OS wise is insane fast quot I m being told that if I update ram to gaming better ram my experience will increase Because this stock ram quot sucks quot so I m looking at GB HMZ should I buy that will it even help me is stock ram from laptops in general just bad nbsp

A:Laptop running games slow

It's a mobile low-end APU. You don't actually have a graphics card.

You need to turn down the graphical details in games.

RAM won't help you much, 4GB is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-games-slow.190744/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi guys after having a lot of research I have found that or this type of high end gpu will overkill high-end suggest with any GPU 7950 this Would you rig? or the for my demandsi don t want to waster my hard earned money but want Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig? performance and long run in other words futureproof I know nothing is futureproof in tech more than - years MY rigRO i MOBO gigabyte b d v Ram gb ddr PSU CM watt GPU HELP ME About me I am a casual and normal gamer Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig? MY RES something in inch led monitor I want to play games in normal settings if possible to run game in high so why should I will miss it I want to play games about - or years smoothly without upgrading my system MY fav games Sleeping dogs gta air assault will be stronghold mainly I play strategy and gta type games mainly not others genres much MY QUES as on my demand I need more powerful PRO than powerful gpu thats why I choose i Should I need more powerful PRO found on net that or same level card like it will fill up my demands easily is it TRUE if true or wrong tell me some name of cards what about where should I invest more What I want Run game for - yrs smoothly don t greedy about gaming experience correct me if I m wrong N B SORRY BAD ENGLISH MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl nbsp

A:Would you suggest the 7950 or any high-end GPU with this rig?

What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-you-suggest-the-7950-or-any-high-end-gpu-with-this-rig.190906/
Relevancy 19.35%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I just had a couple quick questions I just upgraded to dual s which I have crossfired Crossfired right? 7970s running HD now in games all the cutscenes seem to lag and my frames only run around - fps with fraps on is there anyway to fix this issue also I got a free copy of crysis and that game is only running at - fps compared to black ops running - fps on max setting is anyone also having that issue below is my system spec and a couple avg in game fps I usually get x Acer Monitors In Eyefinity MSI z a-GD motherboard Intel I- k ghz gb G skill Sniper Crossfired HD 7970s running right? mhz ram x XFX black edition video cards stock clock Cruical M gb SSD Boot drive TB WD Black Game Drive XFX watt Power Supply Some Avg Framerates I Get with all Max settings x Res Counter Strike GO - Left Dead - Black Ops - Team Fortress - Rainbow Six Vegas - nbsp

A:Crossfired HD 7970s running right?

Um, what driver are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crossfired-hd-7970s-running-right.190148/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all got a toshiba satellite p200-1ee and my sister used it one night for karaoke .anyway after people in pub was helping her load van and 1 brought out laptop rested it against the speaker and it fellthen when moving van .. ran straight over the laptop yes I know what ***** put the laptop standing next to wheels.. well not laptop few cracks here and there screen is damaged .. PROBLEMS laptop no screen even when plugged in external monitor also power light flashes blue twice and orange twice ..all the bottom and top looks fine just plastic cracked round sides dvd opens and shuts normal any help to y light flashing and y no screen even with external monitor .. thanks

A:Problems after running over laptop

Does it make any noises when you turn it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-running-over-laptop.189510/
Relevancy 25.8%

I built myself a pretty nice HTPC lately. I...don't exactly know what to do with it now.

Currently, it sits there recording TV shows with a dual tuner. Sometimes I make it transcode the files to MP4 video.

Some ideas I had for the build:
- Even though it'll be wireless-only, it could stream to other devices.
- It has Intel HD4000 graphics, so I can hook up gamepad and play some chilled games on it I suppose.
- ???
- Profit.

So, what would you make a PC that sits under your TV do, if you had one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-end-htpc-what-do.189779/
Relevancy 24.94%

Dear all This is my first post in this forum My Dell studio XPS mt Bloomfield i no overclocking GIGs RAM has been working well for the last years I used it mainly for internet emails presentations database work and basic Standard and High Def video editing using AVIDEMUX and DIVX software In the last few weeks great deal of noise started to come out from the PC the noise occurred soon after opening an HD or an SD video file and continued until I close the file then the noise will Core high fan? or on i7-920 load: Hot faulty CPU gradually go down back to its idle state I opened the case and did a thorough cleaning with a house hold Dyson very carefully and a lot of dirt came out but no effect on the noise After some googling around one possible reason was excessive hard disk activity I had a look at the Resource Monitor and it did show high reading and writing activity coinciding with the noise Good I thought time had come for an upgrade so I went a head and installed a new SSD as my system drive and relegated my old hard disk for a storage purposes Unfortunately the noise persisted and it had become louder in the last few days I came across HardWare Monitor software and run it at idle state then at time of maximum noise Idle state Maximum noise I can see cores temp went up from - to - Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan? fan from to and fan from to Is my CPU going to die and what is meant by the Powers Package going up from w to w Is it the fault of processor or the fans or the heatsink Sorry for the long story but please advise me on what to do Many thanks nbsp

A:Hot Core i7-920 on high load: faulty CPU or fan?

Whoops!
I think I have made a mess trying to paste the 2 HardWare Monitor data images. Could some one tell me on how to put an image in my post as I kept getting error message that my post was too long!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hot-core-i7-920-on-high-load-faulty-cpu-or-fan.188882/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am interested on having 4 or 5 monitors on 1 GPU. In fututre I might add another GPU for doubling this number (if possible).
1) Is it possible to do that? (two same GPUs for many monitors?)
2)I have some GPUs in mind.
a) XFX HD-677X-NZFC Radeo HD 6770 1 GB
b) xfx-radeon-hd-6870
c) gigabyte-gv-n650oc-1gi-graphics-card-gf-gtx-650-1gb
d) sapphire-radeon-hd-7770-flex
e) Asus GT 640.

Which one do you believe shall I choose?
Are these cards for 4-5 monitors as I believe?

All these are up to 150 euro.
I do not care for gaming. Only have many windows - apps running (software,emails, etc)
Thank you very much for all your help

A:Four or five monitors running on one cheap GPU

What resolution are the monitors and what inputs do they have (Displayport would be preferable)? Also you need to clarify if you need 4 or 5 monitors, that will make a big difference as quite a few cards support 4 monitors but finding a single card which supports 5-6 monitors is much harder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/four-or-five-monitors-running-on-one-cheap-gpu.188682/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello everyone,

So, my problem is that I get pings of around 400ms when trying to play games online. I don't have this problem on my Laptop but got a new PC a few days ago and I have had the problem since I got that.

Here are my speedtest results:

​ ​I tried with both my windows firewall on and off and that didn't solve the problem. Also, I am using windows 8. Anyone have any ideas?​ ​Thanks in advance!​ ​

A:High ping - only in games?

What games are you trying to play?

It might be that it's simply that your connecting to the wrong servers on your games (playing with people far away and such)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-only-in-games.188508/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys I am going to built a pc for high resolution gaming so I can play latest games and upcoming games next year ...
my pc specs will be -
cooler master haf 912 advanced mid tower cabinet
ASRock Z77 Pro3 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 motherboard
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
i7-3770k
and 8 gb ram

so guys I want your reviews and if u feel like suggesting me pls go ahead
thanx

A:Building a new PC for high-res gaming

Looks like a good balance of components to me. Out of curiosity what power supply was you considering for the build?

For a single "SAPPHIRE HD 7970 3GB GDDR5", you will need at least a 550W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-pc-for-high-res-gaming.188441/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I m having issues with my latency and I think I know the cause Today while trying things to fix the problem I stumbled upon this page in my router telling how many open sessions each connected device currently has On my network there are connected devices both are pc s One mine has a wired connection while the other roommate has a wireless connection My amount of open sessions ranges from to with peaks to while my roommate has to with peaks to I read up on the internet and came to the conclusion that this is not good I also read that these issues are often spyware virus related There is only one problem in fully determining roof through the Sessions" latency, High "Open the cause I don t have any access to my roommates computer If I m sure of the cause I can alert him about it but otherwise there s nothing I can do about his end One last thing I read about it was that the router may High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof also be doing something wrong with the sessions but I don t quite understand what that was Something about keeping old sessions or something maybe someone else knows more about this Any help would be massively appreciated Marty P S I ran quot CurrPorts quot on my computer when about sessions were running and it came up with a list of around unkown processes system processes and chrome processes nbsp

A:High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof

The unknown processes are sockets which have been closed and awaiting to be cleared - - not to worry, BUT
which CurrPorts column heading are you seeing this in?

btw: Your OS and the version of CurrPorts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-latency-open-sessions-through-the-roof.186940/
Relevancy 24.94%

Will a Radeon 7770 Make Magicz its the overclocked version obviously 1gb ddr5 resoltuion 1366x868 or w/e the standards are lol will it be able to run battlefield on high/ulti

cpu I3 2120

A:Radeon HD 7770 in Battlefield on high/ultimate?

Well, at that resolution the 7770 would perform alright at medium/high settings, but don't go expecting any ultra maxed out settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7770-in-battlefield-on-high-ultimate.186856/
Relevancy 24.94%

After watching videos of Arma 2 and DayZ on YouTube, I now want to play those games more than anything. Problem is I don't have a gaming computer or laptop. After looking into some options I feel like a laptop might be best for my needs, but my question is could a laptop run these games on high settings with still getting high fps and run smoothly? I barely know anything about computers so I could really use the help. I checked into some Alienware laptops, and was looking at the m17x. Would that be able to play this game with high fps?

A:Will this laptop play this game at high fps?

This link may help. - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Review

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-laptop-play-this-game-at-high-fps.186298/
Relevancy 24.94%

Do you nee AF past 2x at high resolutions like 1080p on the pc?
I am asking this because I hear rumors that it doesnt do anything past 2X on high resolutions?

A:Anisotropic filtering past 2x on high resolutions?

FYI: the wiki says

In 3D computer graphics, anisotropic filtering (abbreviated AF) is a method of enhancing the image quality of textures on surfaces of computer graphics that are at oblique viewing angles with respect to the camera where the projection of the texture (not the polygon or other primitive on which it is rendered) appears to be non-orthogonal (thus the origin of the word: "an" for not, "iso" for same, and "tropic" from tropism, relating to direction; anisotropic filtering does not filter the same in every direction).Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anisotropic-filtering-past-2x-on-high-resolutions.185505/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is my first build Now don t get me wrong I am really considering having someone else take my components and do the quot building quot part for me but im kind of fishing for confidence guidance to do it my self to save money and gain experience doing it on my own I have bought my parts in two separate orders now this Wednesday will have every thing here to get up and running all but the video card It s not the hardware part that is making me worried im plenty confidant with a screw driver and electricity as well as far as taking care of buisness with wire management and air flow but the software BIOS the first boot and the possible troubleshoot with those aspects has me biting my nails Even if everything I bought gives me no trouble at all and boots up perfectly I am finicky about getting every thing fully optimized and running smoothly and stable because I have never seen a bios and I have never seen a PC minus a windows varient On the otherside of quot a perfect world quot if Should my and running? build up get I pay someone just to I have DOA parts and this thing doesnt power on im going to be in cold sweat getting it taken care of mind you I have till the th till my first order falls out of Newegg s day policy nbsp

A:Should I just pay someone to get my build up and running?

Do you know anyone who could help guide you while you put the computer to gather. This would let you do it your self. Plus you would learn from it. Plus keep you from falling out of the dead line on your parts. If not you should be able to do it your self. You can always post here if you run into a problem. There are a lot of good people here who know there stuff that will help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-just-pay-someone-to-get-my-build-up-and-running.185423/
Relevancy 24.51%

So this has never really been an issue before until just recently My HD got so corrupted that I had to reformat the drive and reinstall all the recovery components After doing all this I was reinstalling games back onto my system and have been having some intermittent issues with shutting down which just recently got worse When playing games like Sims or Dungeons games that are graphically intense and larger the computer now will shut off within - down overheating high and shutting games G73 on laptop end Asus minutes No graphic anomalies and I am able to turn Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down it right back on without the computer baring me due to an overheated system The system doesnt shut down when running movies or playing games like fallout or other bit games I ran hardware monitor and speed fan when I was running dungeons and got the following data HW monitor reports Min Max C Therm Intel core i QM Core Core Core Core ST AS Assembly Air Flow ATI Mobility Radeon HD TMPIN Speed Fan reports Speed fan only sees one CPU Fan running at a range of - RPM However my laptop has two fans within it should it be reporting CPU Fans When running dungeons the fan jumps to RPM The GPU temp is normally C but when running dungeons it jumps to C Im running an Asus G Jh gaming laptop The BIOS is version Intel core i CPU Q GHz Memory mb ram HD gb gb of gb free OS Windows Home premium bit build My question is whether or not one of my fans isnt working anymore Which happened a year ago and I had to replace it or is something else going on that isnt kicking my fans on to cool the system down for gaming I dont tend to hear the fans whirring loudly anymore like they sort of did before when things got a little too hot nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down

It may very well be your fans again. You may need to open it up and clean it out with a can of air. Try replacing the thermal compound or pads. This may solve your problem. Plus inspect the motherboard for any lose connections. I am sure some one else here will have a few more suggestion to help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-overheating-on-high-end-games-and-shutting-down.185380/
Relevancy 19.35%

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

A:Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 25.37%

Apperantly this is probably some problem from our router which the company gave us apperantly its Outdated but if it was wouldnt it been doing this ages ago so it couldnt be malware because I scanned the whole system and the problems I had I deleted them all but can really problems in the company cause 24/7 high ping and bad internet

A:High ping for three days

You will probably get more help if you give more information.

Right now, this is about it:

In computer gaming, a ping, also known as a high ping or low ping, is a measurement of how fast the connection to the game server the player has. For example, a player with a low 50 ping is going to have a better game experience than a player with a high 250 ping. To help with server response times some game servers may only accept users who have a low ping.Click to expand...

Are you referring to gaming?
What is you 'high ping' number?
There can be a bottleneck between the router and the ISP, outside of your network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-for-three-days.184410/
Relevancy 24.94%

I just bought a new laptop MSI g60 with 670m its awsome but when I got on youtube it plays fine on 240p but anything higher and it flickers pink! I installed flash player. Is there something I'm missing?

A:YouTube flickers pink on high res

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-flickers-pink-on-high-res.183207/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello

So I have had a big problem with my computer. It does not happen that often but when it does it is really annoying and scary. My computer just shutsdown and a screwed up noise goes through the speakers and the fans goes sky high! It happened one time when I play crysis 2. I played it for like 5 minutes before it happened. I booted the computer up and then I had a look at my temps which where around 50C. Started up crysis again and played for like 10 minutes and it only went up to 70C. So it is not an overheating issue! What should I do?

Thanks for any help!

A:Computer turns of randomly and fans go sky high!

shameless bump!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turns-of-randomly-and-fans-go-sky-high.184322/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just looking at running 2 laptops with this portal 2 for schools activity in the next 2 weeks and we have Dell Latitude E6220 Laptops 15", they have a I3 clocked at 2.10GHz and 2GB Ram but only have the standard Intel HD3000 Graphics, will that work on atleast low settings?
Will also most likely be running atleast one on a TV at 1080p

A:Running Portal 2 for schools

It might work, you could check http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx to see what it says and if you can run it or not. It should run on low pretty well. Valve games are never too demanding.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-portal-2-for-schools.183604/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a pentium dual core e6600 which is supposed to be 3.06ghz, but the cpu meter desktop gadget is telling me it is running at 1594mhz. I have not done anything with otver/underclocking, so can someone tell me how I can get it to run at the proper speed?

A:Intel Pentium E6600 running slowly

Try running stress tests like Prime95, look at the gadget while its in stress

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pentium-e6600-running-slowly.183025/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just finished building my new budget gaming system half an hour ago, and having since then installed CPU-Z, I notice my AMD FX-6100 black edition is running at 1.3GHz instead of the usual 3.3GHz.
I have no idea what's wrong with it since everything else is running perfectly.
also, under the 'Graphics' Tab, It says my 550Ti has a core clock of 50MHz, shaders 101MHz, and Memory 135MHz.
is it just me or is that insanely slow??

please help me fix this! I don't want a slow pc!

heres the parts list:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400r
CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO (running in push-pull config)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX550Ti
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM
Memory: 8GB Patriot Gamer2 1333MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
Optical Drive: LG DVDRW
Power Supply: Corsair HX-650

Thanks for any answers!

A:CPU only running at 1GHz

Most likely it's because you're looking at the numbers when your computer is idle. CPUs and GPUs downclock automatically when idle, it reduces your electricity bill and keeps your components cool.

Run a CPU/GPU intensive program in the background and check again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-only-running-at-1ghz.182350/
Relevancy 20.21%

I cant see anything in my bios related to ram, so I got this from CPU-Z.

it says that the 6GB DDr3 in my laptop is running at 675 MHz. Maybe its just me, but I didnt think DDR3 was supposed to run that slowly. it concerns my because im using a Liano APU and fast memory is a big deal. I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB and was just wondering if it was maybe a motherboard limitation (which would suck) or its somehow just slow ram..any thoughts on this?

A:Laptop DDR3 only running at 675 MHz

DDR stands for Double Data Rate so you need to multiply that by 2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-ddr3-only-running-at-675-mhz.182348/
Relevancy 24.94%

My pc seems to get very high CPU at times which makes the computer very slow especially the internet which goes straight to not responding Recently it has been doing it alot where the CPU and computer fluctuate between being normal and silent to then suddenly loud with CPU upto - and at some few loads couple times every CPU high minutes PC a has My points much higher This fluctuates a lot e g every minuite on average I put CPU processes tab in Windows My PC has high CPU loads a few times every couple minutes Task Manager -When silent and normal System idle process seems to be around then then jqs exe popped up a few times as well A few iexplore exe names pop up especially fuctuating under System idle process at the top The CPU can be low around - with the odd high numbers fluctuating and appearing up to -When loud and slow the CPU can be up to fluctuating higher at times System idle process is up to avp exe is up there aroudn and more Around - iexplore exe around and much higher names appear with some above system idle process jqs exe popped up a few times again The CPU seems to move about to high s even when quiet and then it leads to being noisy within a minute since being silent nbsp

A:My PC has high CPU loads a few times every couple minutes

my pc hit 100 in the CPU today, making the internet freeze, until I ended the internet programme in task manager. Why is the CPU getting this high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-has-high-cpu-loads-a-few-times-every-couple-minutes.181145/
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently built a system using an old Pentium Ghz FSB m cache from my Dad s dead Dell Dimension I found an MSI board that supports this CPU overheating problem chipset G41 MSI G M-P The original Dell used DDR PC RAM and the Intel X chipset while the new board uses the Intel G41 chipset overheating problem G chipset and DDR up to Mhz I bought x GB Patriot PC Mhz DIMM s since G41 chipset overheating problem they are readily available and much cheaper than Mhz or Mhz DIMM s DDR is very hard to find only on E-Bay used I m also using an EVGA Superclocked GTX Ti video card an Ultra LSP and a Cooler Master Hyper The board works great and makes the system run much faster except for problem - the temp sensor on the board runs hot c at idle and c under load No problem you say the G chipset is rated to c Well mine freezes the system every time it gets to c requiring a hard reboot using the power switch I m assuming the sensor is under the north bridge but MSI provides no documentation for this and an MSI tech said that they don t release that info to end users like Asus and Intel do After trying different chipset coolers and adding fans the problem was still there Using only DIMM didn t help either I wasn t able to do anything processor-intensive like gaming video conversion or benchmarking without it freezing up Even the automatic Windows defrag utility was causing it to freeze until I disabled it MSI is ignoring my emails after the first one to usrma msi so I had to fix this one on my own I finally installed a Delta AFC DE fan from the Dimension on a homemade bracket pointing towards the chipset cooler and RAM This kept the temp at c under full load but the noise from this fan is unacceptable dBA at rpm cfm amp power draw I installed a toggle switch so I can turn it off when not needed but during gaming it s like a vacuum cleaner running right next to you It s driving me crazy I can t use a fan controller with this fan as it s PWM only and won t run at all with less than volts I could buy another fan with voltage control but it would have to be at lest cfm to do the job which would still be too noisy My question is does this sound like a bad motherboard or is the problem caused by the RAM being forced to run at Mhz by the FSB speed Or possibly because of using a modern PCI-E video card in the MB s first generation PCI-E slot Would switching to DDR solve the problem Or is this board just a low-end piece of crap with inherent design problems - any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g41-chipset-overheating-problem.182365/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 19.78%

Okay here of Audio out ideas problem... running is the thing on June rd my audio stop working I try to fix it but no matter what I did I couldn t get it work On June th my audio start working again It kept working till June th when I had power blackout which cause my laptop to have improper shut down cause I had the battery out I did system restore back to June rd and my audio problem start working Audio problem... running out of ideas again but then on June th my computer overheated and had improper shut down which cause audio problem to happen again I can Audio problem... running out of ideas t system restore the computer again cause the june rd restore point is no longer listed even after I click on showing restore points older than days Since then my audio has not been working There is an x over the audio icon on taskbar which says no audio output device is installed I went to device manager and realize that sound video and game controller is missing I scan for hardware changes but it doesn t appear I click show hidden devices and look at other devices folder but the only thing listed there is a keyboard filter I check to see if there is yellow mark on all devices but nothing I check windows audio automatic I check on-board audio enabled did windows and hp update up to date but audio problem is still there did a driver recovery and re-install the driver that came with computer still have the audio problem I even went on add hardware and added another driver realtek audio driver I had my sound video and game controller folder back but the device had code error This device cannot start so I uninstall the device then the sound video and game controller disappear again I try to use microsoft fix it program and it say that I do not have Speakers Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio SPDIF Interface Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio I went on the internet to look for the driver and I found it HP site I download it and try to installed it but it say I already have following file on my computer when I try to overwrite it install halfway but then towards the end it told me access denied Then a pop up shows up saying that driver installation failed could not find the device for this driver I am running out of ideas on how to fix it I went on programs and features and I see that I have conexant hd audio and hdaudio soft data fax and modem with SmartPc installed My computer is old It s a HP Pavilion dv se Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista -bit Service Pack My sound card is in-built I thought it might be broken but the computer makes a beep noise whenever I have computer pop up like whenever it is asking me to confirm if I want to install a program or if I press the backspace too much I am not sure if that means the sound card is okay or not Is it Any ideas on how to fix my audio problem nbsp

A:Audio problem... running out of ideas

Fyi... A computer doesn't need a sound card to create simple beep tones.

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
You can attach it to your next post by clicking Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-running-out-of-ideas.181872/
Relevancy 25.37%

AMD Atlon II X3 3.1GHZ
MSI NF725GM-P31 Mo
700W PSU
8gig ram
Windows 7

I currently lack the budget for my high end rig and would like to ask if buying a Gainward GTX 680 Phantom right now and placing it in my low end rig be okay?

A:Buying a high-end GPU for a low-end system

I wouldn't call your rig a "low end system." However, I don't think your computer will be able to take full advantage of what the GTX 680 can do. If you plan on upgrading your CPU or motherboard soon(6 to 12 months) I'd say go ahead and get it. Even though your rig cannot let the 680 "be all it can be," you will certainly get a LARGE increase in performance. It will also some what future proof your system. Only thing I'm worried about is your power supply, can you give me more details on the make and model of your PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-a-high-end-gpu-for-a-low-end-system.180615/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I have been having problems playing Runescape on my crappy computer I wanted to ask someone to see if there is any way i can rectify the problem My system specs http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport Document jsp lang en amp cc us amp objectID c Just a website that shows all my system specs Basically this computer is a wal-mart computer Problem running games A Black Friday Bargain But despite that I ve not had problems running games that I know I should be able to run until I got to Runescape In fact this computer can run WoW perfectly fine On quot performance quot settings of course but it can t seem to run a simple browser-based game any higher than FPS I m here to ask if there is anything i can do hardware-wise to upgrade this computer Problem running games to help run the game while spending the least money possible I know that the graphics card sucks but I don t really care about running popular high-end games right now And I know that the card sucks because its integrated And I know I m posting in the Motherboard section But I was told to download a program called quot GPU-Z quot that basically monitors what parts of my computer are being used when I do certain things While running Runescape it says my Graphics card is at and my CPU is doing all the work Apparently this means the CPU or something is quot bottlenecking quot my graphics card and it isn t even doing any work at all So I wanted to see if it really is a CPU problem and not a graphics card problem Another hiccup is that my computer apparently only has W power supply which is terrible Is it even possible to upgrade my computer s hardware without buying a new power supply I know they can be pretty expensive Anyways thanks for the help I m kind of sporadic in this post I am just really tired Haha nbsp

A:Problem running games

The computer can handle only 4GB of DDR2 667MHz memory max. Your only real option is to buy a PCIe X16 DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 video card... The power supply may or may not support the video card though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-running-games.180248/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey, I am at the stage we all go through many times in our lives. Trying to decide what computer to get while your computer you have is slowly dying. I'm looking for hints on what computer might be the best for my needs as a gamer.

The main specifications i would like:

Atleaste 8gb Ram
64bit CPU
Good graphics card
Good processor
Pre-installed with Windows 7 (Home Premium is fine)
Pretty much able to handle HD games without me setting all the graphics setting and performance settings to "Ultra Low" - "Ultra High" would be nice!
Something that doesn't overheats itself while using these settings (Don't want to keep checking the heat meters anxiously )
Room for upgrades, easily accessible inside.

Not every detail is needed really but that would be a dream computer. Thank-you for your help.

A:Trying to choose a gaming desktop -- high performance, no overheating

If you have the cash, and no DIY confidence, go for an Alienware.
If you like DIY (like me), read up reviews of hardware which you want, go to the hardware market, buy the 'dream hardware', go home, and assemble.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-choose-a-gaming-desktop-high-performance-no-overheating.179701/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I have been battling with high cpu usage for quite some time now and I m getting very frustrated At first I had high cpu usage all the time no matter if any programs where running or not i used ccleaner disk cleanup spybot search and destroy registry mechanic high Can't usage fix CPU hijack this and acouple others and it got it to where if nothing is open the usage is at around to Can't fix high CPU usage but as soon as I open anything it jumps up to and stays there for a while without moving also if I move my mouse it jumps up to like or until I stop moving it If any video is played then the usage goes to or and stays there the whole time once I was on youtube and put it into full screen it turned green a blue box popped up and the sytem restarted itself Also I like to produce music using fl studio if im using that it just makes the system so slow its usless and I have to quit I feel like I have some kind of malware or virus that has a process secretly running somewhere that I cant find I have went thru my processes and researched some that I thought might could be the problem but they ended up being necessary windows functions I have been told that my pc was built incorrectly because it also gets very hot I have been told that my processor is going bad iv been told that I have malware virus and I have been told that my windows is corrupt because I have had blue screens at start up times in the past couple of months Idk I cant figure it out im to the point where im about to say screw it and reinstall windows and be done with it but I don t want to do that because I have a lot of vst plugins that I don t want to reinstall and abunch of unfinished projects If any body knows anything abt my problem I would greatly appreciate any help My pc laptop acer aspire - Amd processor v GHz Ati mobility radeon hd graphics up to mb hypermemory gb ddr memory gb hdd I have around gb of free space left of nbsp

A:Can't fix high CPU usage

If your biggest concern is loosing some data, like those vst's if you were to wipe the drive and start over again, I would recommend that you look into a decent external hard drive. For starters, the hyperlink I'm providing will lead you to a decent little drive.

Seagate External USB 2.0 500 Gig Hard Drive.....
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expan...XA101-RK/dp/B001UHWHO4/ref=dp_cp_ob_e_title_3

After you were to get an external hard drive, whatever it might be, than you should feel confident that any data you fear to loose by wiping your internal hard drive, that fear will go away. You would then be able to just simply "back up" your data, and dump the drive and start over from scratch, if and whenever these issues your currently suffering from happen again. Whatever drive you pick, if any, I'm sure it will be the right one for you!

Good luck.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-fix-high-cpu-usage.179044/
Relevancy 24.94%

temperature when Idle
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155) 87 C

CPU temperature [Idle]
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 42 C

the thing is when i watch movies, play games or do do video converting, my temperature drops to.....43
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX (LGA1155) 43 C

CPU temperature
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 60 C

is this normal? or there's something wrong.

A:Why is my system temperature high when idle...?

what program are you using to monitor temps? Try CPUID Hardware Monitor. If you are referring to either CPUTIN or AUXTIN and NOT Core temps than please run HW monitor and post a screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-my-system-temperature-high-when-idle.178279/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Toshiba satellite a d-s The specs for this can be found here reviews cnet com laptops toshiba-satellite-a d-s - - html Sorry for no link but I am apparently not allowed to do that yet I bought it new and it came with windows vista A couple (Toshiba speed High host issue Satellite) controller years later I upgraded to windows Upgrading to the new OS was fine but then later I needed to upgrage yet again to bit This unfortunately was not as easy and I need to wipe the drive clean and start fresh Now there are a couple issues with the host controllers the main being that I keep getting warnings saying that the devices I plug in can run faster if I were to use a high speed High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) port This confuses me because the USB ports are but they are acting like they are I have done everything I can think of to get these to function correctly but nothing I do seems to work The second issue which isn t as annoying is that when I move the screen the sound for High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite) connect disconnect a USB device is played and the little popup for quot new device connected quot is shown I am unsure why the screen is acting like it s a USB device I have disabled the notifications and sounds for all ports now but I would kind of like to know why this is happening Do anyone know how I can solve these problems I have checked multiple forums and have been searching for an answer for about months now with no luck I think I have provided enough information but if anyone needs more just let me know and I will be happy to provide it Thanks nbsp

A:High speed host controller issue (Toshiba Satellite)

Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-speed-host-controller-issue-toshiba-satellite.178296/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm buying a Intel I7-2600k for my main rig. I was wonder what would be a good board to house it and my 2 6950's 2gb. I do plan on overclocking .. So any board that will allow me to do so easier will be appreciated.

Would like to go no higher then 300$

Thanks in Advance.

A:Good mid-range to high-end Intel LGA 1155 motherboard suggestions

The best board I've used thus far -a combination of stability, feature set, ease of use and overclock ability would be the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen 3. It features a PLX bridge chip which allows use of virtually all features concurrently ( the third PCIe x16 @ x4 isn't downgraded to x1 for instance if you use most/all of the SATA 6Gb/USB3.0 ports).
If you don't need a full-size board then the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 at around $180 might make some appeal. Both these boards have no facility for video-out (no onboard HDMI, DP, DVI, D-Sub) - not a great concern for most people looking at Z68 boards.

Word of warning: Z77 boards are reportedly due for release on 8th April. While they will offer very little (if anything) over Z68 boards, it will mean that Z68 board prices will take a nosedive. My advice if you need a board right now and want to save some cash, would be to pick up a functional and well regarded cheap board such as the P8Z68-V/G3 (which still a very nice board) and maybe look to replace it with one of the top-end boards which will surely drop in price. It does mean that you would have the hassle of finding a buyer for a board, but on the plus side you may find yourself happy with the P8Z68-V.

You'll notice that all the selections are Asus based products. Asus -at least for Z68, seems to be putting out the best boards overall. Some other vendors are having QC problems. Gigabyte, which are normally my first choice in mobo making, have some infuriating reboot loop issues with some boards that still remains even with the latest BIOS updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-mid-range-to-high-end-intel-lga-1155-motherboard-suggestions.178058/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys I ordered myself a Kingston HyperX GB SSD last night and so I decided to take my Intel Series GB SSD out of my main PC P and install it in my other PC P I got a disk score of with the Windows quot Windows Experience Index quot benchmark I know it s not the best benchmark ever but it s something Now with the same SSD in my other PC the P system the score is only I also notice the boot time is slightly longer on the P system vs P55 SSD P67 chipset performance - This is a SATA SSD I connected it to a native SATA port in the P system I ve tried both SATA and the Marvel SATA ports in the P system but the score remains the same regardless So to the questions Would the difference in CPU power between my two systems have an impact on the performance of the SSD in any way Is the P chipset or the onboard rd party Marvel SATA controller to blame for the difference in performance Can it simply be that my SSD works better with the quot native quot SATA connectors on my P SSD performance - P67 vs P55 chipset motherboard than it does with my Marvel SATA option on the P motherboard If anybody has a clue about this SSD performance - P67 vs P55 chipset I m all ears Motherboards ASUS P P Pro Gigabyte GA-P A-UD rev EDIT Forgot to mention that I m using a Intel Core i - K GHz CPU with the P system and a Intel Core i - GHz CPU SSD performance - P67 vs P55 chipset with the P system Both systems use the same type and amount of Corsair Mhz CL memory chips and they both run Windows x nbsp

A:SSD performance - P67 vs P55 chipset

corsair force 3 240gb

I had to turn off prefetch and supperfetch to get this score with my SSD
i7 2630qm
8gb ram
intel 3000hd graphics
corsair force 3 240gb SSD
Gateway NV57H Laptop
P65 Chipset

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-performance-p67-vs-p55-chipset.170263/
Relevancy 19.78%

I own a Sony Vaio VPCF111FX. The ribbon cable on the lcd is going bad causing the lcd to be pretty much shot. I can use an external monitor with it but my problem is that the laptop runs the bios on the laptop lcd, then once windows (7) starts it switches to the external display. This prevents me from accessing this BIOS. Is there any way to get the laptop to run the startup through the external display?

A:Running BIOS on external monitor

try disconnecting the ribbon cable to make it invisble at the start

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-bios-on-external-monitor.176930/
Relevancy 24.94%

What are you going to use the PC for? Multi-tasking,Gaming

How much is your budget? 2000$

Where are you located? (a.k.a. fill out your profile) Canada

Are you willing to buy online? Yes, ncix preferably

Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build? No

Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others? No

Have you already bought any parts? No

Do you have an Operating System (OS)? No

Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?

I'm planning on OC'ing the cpu so cpu cooler.

I'm new to this but i would follow tutorials online and build it myself. Just need a solid and compatible config for 2000$.

I will need a ssd and a gpu card that supports dual monitors.

Waiting suggestions thx a lot in advance.

A:$2,000 high performance/multitasking/gaming config

My suggestions:

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Full Version OEM 64-bit (Branded) - $129 + $30 shipping (this site has 1,600 reviews and about 1,300 are 5 star and only 9 are 1 star so I think it is trustworthy).

Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz 8MB Cache DDR3 LGA1155 - $354

CORSAIR H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler - $120

OCZ ZX Series 850W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Gold High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom - $170 + $6 shipping ($30 rebate expires 1/31/12).

Cooler Master RC-932-KKN5-GP HAF 932 Advance Full Tower Case - ATX, Black, SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- $160 ($20 rebate expires 1/31/12).

Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Internal 12x Blu-Ray Burner - $100 ($20 rebate expires 1/31/12).

Sapphire Video Card HD 7970 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI DVI-I Dual Mini DP Retail - $578

OCZ OCZSSD2-1VTXPL120G Vertex Plus 2.5" Solid State Drive - 120GB, SATA II - $150

Seagate ST1000DM003 Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s - $130

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB Kit (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Memory Kit - $55

No motherboard, I think the 7970 is the problem, the 7950 is just around the corner so wait for that to come out and it should be at least $100 (maybe $200) cheaper which would give plenty of room for buying a motherboard. I would suggest something a long the lines of this motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard ($160 + $13 shipping). Also I'm 99.9% sure both the 7970 and the 7950 support dual monitors as almost all graphics cards nowadays do.

Total: $1982(before rebates), that leaves $18 for shipping on the items I didn't mention, which is obviously not enough. I overestimated all prices so it might be a couple of dollars off. If you didn't want to buy an hdd that'll save your $130 which then makes enough room for shipping but if you did want one then I have no idea how much the shipping will cost for your address but I hope you'll be able to accumulate that much. At the very least I suggest you buy the psu with the rebate because I think $146 for that psu is a great deal (although ocz takes 2 months, without rush processing, to get rebate card to you, speaking from personal experience).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-000-high-performance-multitasking-gaming-config.176826/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys,

I tried searching this topic on the web and on this forum but without much satisfaction. I'm currently working on putting a new build together for myself. As a result of that, I'm finding myself not knowing how my MOBO choice will affect my FPS performance. I am aware that high end MOBOs are built for better overclocking performance, but if I won't overclock or only overclock a little, how much FPS gain will I experience from choosing the higher end MOBO?

I'm specifically looking at the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 & the ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3.
The motherboard is going to be paired with an AMD Radeon HD 7970. From what I have read online, there is only a 2-3% performance increase with higher end MOBOs.

Any input?

Cheers

baN

A:Performance difference between mid-range and high-end mobos

It's not performance per se, but the quality of components ie. transistors, connectors, headers, overall quality etc....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-difference-between-mid-range-and-high-end-mobos.175173/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello. I just bought a Radeon HD 6870 from visiontek and after i uninstalled my old drivers and installed the new card i reset my pc and the performance of my pc slowed down so much i can barely start IE just to type this. i have seen other posts about the problem might be caused by my psu but so far none of them have helped.

These are my specs tell me if you need some more info

Motherboard ASUS M4A77TD
CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955
2 X 2GB Ram
Xion High Performance 700 Watt PSU
+12V1 25A

Also I'm not sure if this may be the problem but the PSU has a 6+2 pin that splits into a 6+2 pin I'm using both of those to power the card.

A:New GPU, PC running very slow

I'd try a friends reliable power supply and see if that helps.

You didn't say that you downloaded the most current driver from AMD. If you haven't done that already I'd make that my first priority.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpu-pc-running-very-slow.176295/
Relevancy 19.78%

A few months back i purchased a premade acer computer It had GB of RAM an i - small power supply no video card I bought a saphire hd video card and installed it and have been playing games for two months i also bought and installed a watt power supply Today i went out and bought gigs of corsair vengeance RAM I installed it without a hitch I went to turn on the computer and a very loud noise occurred and the screen was all gross like not all the drivers were installed I turned it off and realized i hadnt hooked up the second six pin connector to the card I plugged it back in and then i got no display I unplugged it again I went into the operating system and saw it registered my gb but not my video card I am currently going to try to reseat the video card but any help solving this problem would be great in the mean time nbsp

A:HD 6870 fan running, no video output

So did the reseat work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-fan-running-no-video-output.175222/
Relevancy 45.58%

My Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 6000+ used to stay between 35c-45c at the most, now it runs between 72c and 82c is there any reason this is happening and should I be seriuosly concerned? also should I just get another cpu or cooler? All solutions excepted.

A:CPU temperature running high?

I'd take a look at your current cooler and see if it may have busted. You may have a cracked heat pipe or something.

If thermal paste is applied incorrectly, air bubbles can form between the heat sink and CPU and over time can push the paste from out between those two devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temperature-running-high.175152/