Windows Support Forum

Hard disks passing SMART tests but still giving problems

Q: Hard disks passing SMART tests but still giving problems

I have gt Windows XP Pro SP x gt x gb sata hd gt x gb sata hd gt x gb sata hd tests disks still problems Hard giving SMART passing but Note on gb HD my gb is the one having the Windows OS and does not report any errors in the Hard disks passing SMART tests but still giving problems event log Note on gb HD Hard disks passing SMART tests but still giving problems i think my gb has failed sometimes it does not show up in the bios a controller issue i presume but when it does get detected and i run SeaTools for Windows the gb will pass these tests SMART - Pass Long DST - Pass The event log would show same errors as it does for the gb below so i have just disconnected it for now Note on gb HD but my issue here is with the gb which is even more weird this is what happened on Friday the th after midnight gt HD started making those annoying clicking noises gt Playing music files from this drive would loop about sec of the track like as if scratching the disc gt Event log has gt gt gt source atapi gt gt gt gt gt id - The device Device Ide IdePort did not respond within the timeout period gt gt gt gt gt id - The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort gt gt gt gt gt id - The device Device Ide IdePort is not ready for access yet gt gt gt gt gt id - The driver has detected that device Device Ide IdePort has old or out-of-date firmware Reduced performance may result gt gt gt source disk gt gt gt gt gt id - The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D gt gt gt source ftdisk gt gt gt gt gt id - The system failed to flush data to the transaction log Corruption may occur NOTE i think this above was for the gb hd gt gt gt source i prt gt gt gt gt gt id - The ring buffer that stores incoming mouse data has overflowed buffer size is configurable via the PS mouse properties in device manager gt gt gt source cdrom gt gt gt gt gt id - The device Device CdRom has a bad block NOTE this above is when i tried burning SeaTools for Dos on CD I saw this error so burned it multiple times and when i tested the CD it had burned fine and was bootable Running SeaTools for Windows the gb hd passes these tests SMART - Pass Long DST - Pass Long Generic - Pass NOTE tests were run after the problems occurred The thing is that today now music is playing properly and at the same time i was running the Long Generic test Event log has not reported any problems for more than hours This is all weird cuz both the HD s pass the SeaTools tests on multiple occasions and are fairly new gb is a year old while the gb is kinda new I am wondering if the motherboard is at fault or the cables need replacing or something I will later be testing the motherboard and chipset by running Hot CPU Tester but in the meantime could someone please help me figure out if there are other problems i need to look into Also can the clicking noise occur if the hard disk is very close to a strong electromagnetic field like it was close to an old AC Servo Stabilizer Voltage Regulator that i use to supply power to the computer Now it doesn t make a click when the HD is idle or even when in use I have rebooted the computer several times to hear for any HD clicks I have even tried unloading and reloading the HD via Disk Management but it does not click anymore Any insight would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hard disks passing SMART tests but still giving problems

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Hard disks passing SMART tests but still giving problems

In my experience i hear clicking sound with my external usb hdd, when it has problem getting enough power (too many devices installed and with lower power supply rating 300W). Have you tried dis/reconnecting the data and power cable of your hdd or reseting BIOS setting to default?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-disks-passing-smart-tests-but-still-giving-problems.176225/
Relevancy 80.41%

Okay so I m hoping to get some feedback on this issues I ve been tests? passing all and Stable yet - (mostly on Build New off), off having I am pretty sure I need to RMA something I just want to make sure I RMA New Build - Stable on and off (mostly off), yet passing all tests? the right part I m thinking mobo right now Story New Build - Stable on and off (mostly off), yet passing all tests? I built a new computer a week or two ago New Build - Stable on and off (mostly off), yet passing all tests? AMD Athlon II X Propus GHz G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR GIGABYTE GV-N OC- GI GeForce GTX ASUS M A TD USB CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W Everything seemed to be going fine with all BIOS settings on auto for a day or two Ran some stability tests received no errors save for one error generated on the Linpack OCCT Test Played some games the next day and it froze This first freeze seemed to start a process where this machine would freeze more and more frequently after this first one After or so freezes it wouldn t even get into windows Thinking that my ALL Auto s were to fault I reset the CMOS set these settings and again the computer ran well for - days In this uptime I ran much more stability tests to verify that things were stable It passed hours of hours of various Prime tests a -hour cycle of the OCCT CPU test several hours on Furmark and this time it also passed a -hour test of the OCCT Linpack So I thought yay It s fixed Played some more games then it eventually crashed and started the above cycle again crashes became more and more frequent This time however it would sometimes not even POST I had to reset CMOS again reconfigured the bios settings this time with some extra voltage thrown on the ram and CPU Ran fine for another day then all of this happened over again Froze in a game got more frequent etc again to the point of it freezing before windows sometimes not POSTing sometimes even freezing in the BIOS settings screen This is where I m at when the computer is up it s passing stress tests when it starts to freeze it quickly chokes and completely won t go anywhere Right now I can t get it stable again it just keep crashing while trying to boot up Basic question does this sound like a mobo problem Asus tech support says it isn t their mobo s fault and that it is probably a faulty memory controller in my CPU or my BIOS settings or ram compatibility While my ram is not on the QVL for this mobo it s siblings are gb version I have the gb version The thing is wouldn t a faulty memory controller not test well in Prime Etc Thanks for any light you guys can shed on this bizarre problem Cheers Chocko nbsp

A:New Build - Stable on and off (mostly off), yet passing all tests?

Check the specs on that memory and see if it requires
a custom memory voltage setting.
Auto may not cut it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-build-stable-on-and-off-mostly-off-yet-passing-all-tests.954246/
Relevancy 76.54%

The smart hard disk check has detected an immanent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the hard disk test in system diagnostics.I've ran the test and it says there is no hard drive. I'm stumped. Plez help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-HP-notebook-is-giving-a-SMART-Hard-Disk-Error-judt-bought/td-p/5835040
Relevancy 74.82%

Crashed with bluescreen saying "Smart Hard Drive " with imminent failure expected.  Cannot boot or enter BIOS or Setup regardless of hitting ESC, F11, F10, F8, etc.  No Recovery Disks vailable.  Cannot do drive diagnostics.  Identifies Hard Drive 1 (301) faulted (Touchscreen All-In-One has 1TB Hybrid Drive with bootup from SSD (not sure).  Won't get past initial Bluescreen warning.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/quot-Smart-Hard-Drive-Error-quot-no-bootup-no-Recovery-Disks/td-p/5777976
Relevancy 65.36%

I have just installed a new hard drive and it is detected on the BIOS but...

When I go to select it in My Computer, it either stops the PC responding or asks me to format it. I go to format the drive and it tells me it could not complete. I've just run chkdisk and...

File record segmants: 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 128, 256, 6984-6988, 9092, 9208-9217, 9224, 9232, 9233, 9344, 9364, 9480-9486 (and a hell of a lot more) are unreadable

I am running XP home. It seems to take a very long time to startup as well, a VERY long time in comparison to before.

Does anyone know what the problem could be or a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance
**Edit- Since postin this it has suddenly decided to work. If anyone has this problem, Just stick with it and restart. After a few goes it'll decide to work...it did for me!**

Relevancy 65.36%

I got myself a new Western Digital 120 gig hard drive. Plugged it in, computer recognized it as the new master. Went about installing WIN XP, when we got to the Windows is starting screen, now the new hard drive cannot be detected. What is going on? Anybody help me?

Relevancy 63.21%

i cant dx or repair my hard drive... i get err message....disk dr. cant get physical characteristics and is unable to test partition info on drive. it also says operating system or another process has exclusive access to this drive, or some of its files....cannot continue with repair under these conditions...
i also noticed that my hard drive c does not have a volume label. Can anyone tell me whats going on?
it seems my system is running slower then it should
Help!

A:hard disks problems

What OS are you using? In XP I know you need to set the HD to run a scan before next startup. Defrag should work no matter if your in your OS or not. In earlier editions you should be able to start in safe or dos mode and then try running it. Make a windows startup disk and see if that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disks-problems.220402/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi would appreciate some help in solving following boot problem I have a computer with one old IDE HDD and two new SATA disks on one of the SATA disks I installed windows XP and the second SATA disk is used for storage purposes only I cleaned the old IDE HDD as I no longer need it and I thought it was with sata problems ide boot and disks hard completely empty but boot problems with ide and sata hard disks it seems not the case At the very beginning I must have made a mistake with the boot sequence as in order to get to the SATA HDD with the os on it I have to go through the IDE HDD I hoped to have found the solution in getting rid of the IDE HDD but when I did that I was no longer able to get to the SATA HDD only when I connected the IDE HDD again could I load windows XP Then I decided to format the IDE HDD and reinstall Windows XP again but in order to do so Windows XP required a small part of the IDE HDD so I was back to square one I guess my problems has to do with the Intel R Boot Agent GE v in BIOS but I do not have enough knowledge to mess with the bios without guidance of more experienced computer users hope one of you guys can help me out before I turn to expensive PC doctors thanks Nick computer system MOBO MSI Platinium CPU Intel Core SATA HDD and IDE HDD nbsp

A:boot problems with ide and sata hard disks

Ditch the IDE drive and run only with the SATA drives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-problems-with-ide-and-sata-hard-disks.90076/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've been reading little bits in the past few weeks about some advanced disk diagnostics that you can get if you have SMART turned on for your disk drives. I have two disk arrays on my main XP/Pro systems (it is about a year old): a pair of Western Digital 150GB drives, 10,000 RPM, in a RAID-1 array, for system/programs; and a pair of Western Digital 500GB drives, 7,200, in a RAID-1 array, for data.

At this point, I've had no problems with my hard disks.

Would SMART help me? If so, how do I turn it on? If you have it on your machine, have you found it useful?

A:SMART Disks

Your motherboard has to support SMART capability. You will see SMART settings in the bios. If you have no SMART support you can run Western Digitals software to check SMART Status on their drives

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smart-disks.124906/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there

Just set up a Drive Space mirrored pair via 2 USB externals, but find that both of my SMART monitoring programs - CrystalDiskInfo 5.6.2 and SpeedFan 4.49 - no longer see the 2 disks (the internal boot disk is still seen). Any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42811-smart-monitoring-storage-space-pool-disks.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have done as the support website says and it the error message still pops up after many tests done and all of them passed.My computer works fine it just takes 10 min to start it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Still-says-its-an-hard-disk-error-after-tests/td-p/5722837
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows Ultimate -bit tests chirps but dis and freezes good Hard Gigs RAM Nvidal i main board Intel Core Duo E GHz I have two Seagate ST DL - VT hard disks installed as Non-boot secondary drives I have already had Hard dis tests good but chirps and freezes them replaced several weeks back as both of them would occasionally chirp temporarily freeze the system and sometimes BSOD Sometimes the chirping would stop and the system would continue normally and sometimes I would have to manually power down and restart Now one of the replacement drives has started chirping and freezing the system with the same symptoms as above Is this drive model just a bad run of lemons or should I begin looking somewhere else in the system I ran the long test today on both drives and they pass Cooling isn t the problem as the case is open and a seven-inch Walmart fan is blowing on them from two inches away and they re cool to the touch NewEgg feedback doesn t look good for these drives though nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a seagate st2000dm001 running on sata 2 port and ahci mode.
Here is hd tune benchmark results.

What about yours ?

Relevancy 55.9%

I have a seagate st2000dm001 running on sata 2 port and ahci mode.
Here is hd tune benchmark results.

What about yours ?

Relevancy 55.47%

I was given my Erazer X310 as an early christmas present last year, over the last week I have trouble where most programs stop responding and task manager shows the hard drive at 100% while the processes running are barely using 0.5mb (I usually only see it hit 100% when the processes show a total of 10+mb at least). I recently ran a hardware test and had the following errors with my hard drive: Targeted Read Test Failed, SMART Short Self Test Failed and SMART Drive Self Test Failed. Could someone please describe to me in detail what each of these failures means and how I might go about fixing this?I have included a screen shot in case it helps, I was unsure if some of the information should be kept hidden so I have covered it up. Thanks

Capture.JPG ?66 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Hardware-scan-has-failed-3-tests-for-hard-drive-Result-Code/td-p/3355739
Relevancy 55.47%

The above tests failed, and the SMART, Memory, and Battery tests passed.  I was having trouble with one program so I rean these diagnostics.  The failure ID is 9LGDWX-5M984B-MFH15G-60SN03.  What does the failure code mean?  If I need a new hard drive, how do I know what one to get?

A:DST, Run-In, System Tune Up, and Hard Disk tests failed- Wha...

Dear Customer , Greetings for the day!!!  HDD IS FAULTY !!!  Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure - 9LGDWX-5M984B-MFH15G-60SN03 as per the description is hard drive is faulty depending on the noteook details please contact the HP REP from the country of purchase i am sure you will be provided the best solutions from us.

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.Regards,Vijay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/DST-Run-In-System-Tune-Up-and-Hard-Disk-tests-failed-What/td-p/5627412
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a pc host and client both windows 7, client is compaq 615.
Anytime i connect i m asked to install the activex taking to much time in connencting. After connected and passing to full screen the window remain inside the web page and i lose the control of the host windows bottom bar that i can reach only leaving the full screen mode.
Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-passing-to-full-screen-and-installing-activex-anytime-connecting-494020.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have two hard drives in my computer, 1. 500gb for my windows OS and 2. 1tb for my data. I today backup all my data to my terabyte hdd to reload windows. So I have a fresh copy of windows, great. But my second HDD, the terabyte, won't show up. I've tried swapping cables, turning it off for an hour to cool, blah blah. Nothing.

What's interesting is, 50% of the time I boot my computer and go into my bios it will see the terabyte drive. The other 50% it wont. I've gotten windows to see the drive once or twice, but when I try to access the drive, Windows Explorer freezes.

So heres my question. To me, this looks like a physical problem. Now I have a lot of important data on my terabyte drive. Are there any ways to retrieve my data? Even if it means replacing parts on the HDD itself?

-Thanks.

A:Hard drive giving out?

Try going in with a live Linux disc. Most mainstream distributions handle NTFS, so if it can be mounted it can read/write the drive. Also, you could be able to do an integrity check to make sure there isn't a physical problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-giving-out.852748/
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay to begin I have a Toshiba Satellite A D-S I had heard after I bought the computer that it had an overheating problem It became apparently clear to me that this was true when the computer began blue screening and shutting down So I decided to be more careful with the computer I wouldn t leave it on for long I only placed it on tables and other hard surfaces and I lowered the energy settings I thought that this had worked until a few days ago when a slew of error messages began popping up on my screen To begin with a lovely error message that read quot Windows detected a hard disk problem Back up your files to prevent information loss and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace the disk quot Then I got locked out of my cd drive and it wouldn t open THEN I opened my C drive to find for My Out... Giving Seems Computer's Hard Be To Drive the first time a new folder entitled a da fdf d dbab a So like any normal person who knows next to nothing about computers I turned off the laptop unplugged it and took out the battery for about minutes When I put everything back together and started it up again it asked if I wanted to start windows normally to which I clicked quot Start windows normally quot and it came up with another message white text on black background it read quot Checking file system on C The type of the file system My Computer's Hard Drive Seems To Be Giving Out... is NTFS Volume label is TI WOB quot It checked the disk then restarted itself After minutes of waiting the windows profile log in screen came up I logged in and the screen went pure white for about minutes Now its back up I ve gotten the original error message about times in the past hour and a half I guess my question is what on earth is going on with my laptop How can I fix it Will it be obscenely expensive And finally is it truly the hard drive Help me please Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II P Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAE Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp My Computer's Hard Drive Seems To Be Giving Out...

Relevancy 50.31%

I loaned my computer to a friend for a week, and how does he repay me? Of course full of infected files and spyware

I keap on being redirected to btcar.com and I am sick of it. Could anyone please help me.

A:Btcar.com is giving me a hard time :S

Is there no replies because there is a lack of information?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/btcar-com-is-giving-me-a-hard-time-s-205311.html
Relevancy 50.31%

last fryday i put in a new hard drive [250] and installed vista .
the fisrt time i check i was down to [238] i thing that is normal .
then i installed microsoft works suite 2006 .
then my epson printer .
then my wire less key board ..
now all i have left is [188] of free space .
my average score is 3.7.
is this normal for a new drive .
thank you

A:is my new hard drive giving me the right info

Do a Disk cleanup including system files and report back.
Computer>left click.>properties>right click c drive> disk cleanup>include system files.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/274209-my-new-hard-drive-giving-me-right-info.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have been having a running battle with something called E2Give for the past several weeks. I have used PC-cillin and it cannot get rid of all of it. I also have used AdAware and Spybot, to no avail. I would appreciate any help, as I am getting tired of the Warning window popping up every time I go to open a program from the desktop. I have searched and found some threads about this already, and have tried some of the solutions, but got concerned when the instructions got very specific to individual files on the submitter's computer, and the advisor said to be very careful. So I stopped.
Thank you for any help you could provide or lead me to.
wardriod

Relevancy 50.31%

my wifes laptop has a virus malware trojan that i cant get rid of it wont let me update the avg software i cant install any removal software and my wife is after me to get it back up and running ive managed to get all of her pics and docs off the machine so im ready to do a clean install should i attempt to do before drive F reload? giving big hard the big FORMAT to the C drive before installing XP again if so how do i get into DOS to do so next question i just bought a PC for my daughter and it came with XP pro downgrade which included a CD for reinstallation on a Dell computer both are dells can i use this disk to reload xp to my wifes laptop i also have a regular CD for xp pro that i could use but ive never done a clean install before i also heard that doing one on a laptop is a tricky proposition because of the software neede for the touchpad and the wireless stuff am i screwed hers the skinny on her system dell inspiron xp media center gb hard drive gb ramif someone could give me a good rundown on the steps involved it would be greatly appreciated

A:giving hard drive big F before reload?

Hi .This is the Dell support page for the laptop mentioned: http://support.dell.com/support/topics/glo...INS_PNT_PM_1520XP drivers: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...n&TabIndex=As for reinstalling the operating system...that seems to be covered at http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...e.htm#wp1063103"Restoring Your Operating System "You can restore your operating system in the following ways:Microsoft Windows Vista System Restore returns your computer to an earlier operating state without affecting data files. Use System Restore as the first solution for restoring your operating system and preserving data files. For instructions, see Using Microsoft Windows System Restore.Dell PC Restore by Symantec (available in Windows XP) and Dell Factory Image Restore (available in Windows Vista) returns your hard drive to the operating state it was in when you purchased the computer. Both permanently delete all data on the hard drive and remove any programs installed after you received the computer. Use Dell PC Restore or Dell Factory Image Restore only if System Restore did not resolve your operating system problem.If you received Operating System media with your computer, you can use it to restore your operating system. However, using the Operating System media also deletes all data on the hard drive. Use the media only if System Restore did not resolve your operating system problem. For instructions, see Using the Operating System Media."I don't have any Dells and I have no personal familiarity with what may be on their disks which they give customers. I suspect that is contained somewhere in the owner's manual for the system.<<i also heard that doing one on a laptop is a 'tricky' proposition because of the software neede for the touchpad and the wireless stuff.>>The only difference between doing an install on a laptop...as opposed to a desktop...well, there is no difference. The drivers for the touchpad correlate to drivers for other functions and are included with either the driver's CD or whatever disks Dell originally provided (or in the Dell restore/recovery partition on the hard drive).You mentioned two systems...and you only provided info on one. It seems that you want to do two installs, yet you provided info on one system. I may be confused.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199883/giving-hard-drive-big-f-before-reload/
Relevancy 50.31%

i called technical support and told them my router keeps timing out after 5 minutes. I only can access the setup page. I don't know what the problem could be. This is my new replacement product and still it's doing what the first one did. what else can i expect from linksys!!

does anyone have any knowledge on this issue? I'd really appreciate it if someone can just list the settings that should be selected. I feel like throwing it in the closet along with my other junk.

(I have Optimum Online in my home with a 3COM shark modem attached to the router)

Relevancy 49.88%

well hey whats going on im really bad with computers and i needed some help..i have this virus that keeps putting up my away message...yea i know i was dumb by clicking the link....any ways i have this virus that says omfg then something about best friends or what not i was wondering if any of u could help me by getting rid of this...if u can i would kiss the ground u walk on beacuse this is driving me crazy...

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all i screwed up big I have a GB Maxtor Drive Y P as a second drive used just for storage I let it get too full I think it got to full A big No No i know I deleted as much as i could that I/O giving Drive Error Hard me Device it would let me It was giving me all sorts of I O Device Errors and was running real slow I scanned the drive and defragmented it i bought an External Drive to copy everything over but with a lot of files including my entire family picture album of my twins it gives me the following error when i try to copy or access a file F name of directory is not accessible The request could not be performed because of an I O device error Is there any software i can run to fix this Any help would be very much appreciated I have a lot of things backed up on DVDs but not all of it Ted nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

i really need help...well my computer does!

i've installed vista ultimate 64 on my computer. and ever since it either blue screens driver error which i have updated my graphics card. still blue screens

and some time it just randomly freezes the hard drive light flashes but the mouse or keyboard or nothing on screen works at all.

i really like vista but with this problem its forcing me to go back to xp and i dont want to

My Spec:
amd 64 x2 3.00ghz
4gb ram
nvidia px 7950 gx2 graphics card
2 x 500gb sata hd

Thanks

A:Vista giving me a real hard time please help!!!!

Hi ISHY,

Have you installed the latest chipset drivers and BIOS for your motherboard yet? This can sometime cause problems like this.

Is your power supply powerful enough to handle the load of your computer? Usually 500 to 600 watts is good.

Double check to see if the computer may be overheating? Usually by leaving the side of the case open temporarily as a test for maximum airflow. Clean and blow out any dust and cobwebs found.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187032-vista-giving-me-real-hard-time-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an external hard drive 120G where I put most of my files, graphics, pictures and documents. I just discovered that it refused to open and the documents are inaccessible this drive contained a lot of my saved works especially pictures as I am into photography and I can not afford to these valuable files.Kindly assist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-external-hard-drive-is-giving-i-o-error.987525/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

After trying to copy a image for school I get a message from ESET saying it just blocked a trojan. In the next second I get maybe 50 error-messages, the background turns black, all my shortcuts dissapears and the computer reboots. This happened after rebooting again. Now the system is more stable, but extremely slow and I get messages about hard drive and RAM failiure (I could not start the task manager before, but now it works).
Anyways, I ran some malware-removal tool and found 2 trojans, but before beeing able to remove them, the system crashed.

So I need some help here...
Thanks in advance!

A:Sudden Trojan is giving me a hard time

I see your log is properly posted, here, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.From this point on the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426791/sudden-trojan-is-giving-me-a-hard-time/
Relevancy 49.45%

on a pc with xp, i got the full message....i just burned and or deleted 27 full albums (all at 192 bit rate or above--most at 320)and have less hard drive space from when i started.....i'm like what is going on......you can see in the properties of the folder that i have deleted 3 gigs at least.....funny thing is also....there were over 10 gigs free 2 days ago and not much downloading going on......nortons did not find a virus......HELP!!!!!!!!

A:[SOLVED] HELP!!!!!!!! hard drive keeps giving full message

Hi and welcome. Is Norton up to date?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-hard-drive-keeps-giving-full-message.153666/
Relevancy 49.45%

i have a partitioned hard drive of which contains C: and D:

D: is the one i am having problems with. all it contains is 'my documents and settings' but there is nothing in them (with the exception of the stuff windows wont let me delete)

when i right click on the drive in my computer it says 24GB has been used when i know for a fact that only 568MB has been used!

I have tries error check, virus scanning with ESET anti-virus, CCleaner and there are no hidden files or folders

my question is how can i either: move my documents and setting to the C: drive (like it should be) and then be able to delete the D: partition

or do something to the D: partition that will get my space back that i so desperately need!

please help me!
thanks

A:Partitioned hard drive is giving the wrong info

(1)i'm running xp and the the headings in 'My Computer' are 'total Size' and 'Free Space'. What does yours show?
(2)when you defragment 'D' what is in the report regards to volume information

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/partitioned-hard-drive-is-giving-the-wrong-info-266925.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently noticed that the system was trying to do updates every day at closedown and found that update was giving a return code of b I have run SURT several times and it doesn't seem to give any code giving return Windows giving restores x00000022 update 800736b3; results or should I be looking somewhere else I ran sfc scannow and extracted the results and they are in sfcdetails txt Windows update giving return code 800736b3; restores giving x00000022 attached SFC Windows update giving return code 800736b3; restores giving x00000022 said there were some files it couldn't fix even though sfcdetails txt says it has fixed all of them CBS zip is much too big to upload using the paperclip - is there another way I tried restoring to an earlier restore point and unfortunately all the attempted updates have flushed my list of restore points - and the oldest few all give me a return code of x Not sure if this is one problem or two I am reluctant to do a System Recovery as it sounds pretty drastic - help would be much appreciated PS Is any more info required

A:Windows update giving return code 800736b3; restores giving x00000022

The only errors in SFC are these...

Code:
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005e7 [SR] Repairing 1 components
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005e8 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005ea [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"utc.app.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18839, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2015-06-14 21:41:16, Info CSI 000005ec [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:66{33}]"telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json" of Microsoft-Windows-Unified-Telemetry-Client, Version = 6.1.7601.18839, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
...which are caused by an MS update which they messed up the file-coding on and may get around to fixing sometime.
It's not critical, but you could get rid of it by uninstalling KB3022345 and/or KB3068708 and hiding the latter when it reappers in your offered updates list.

Please post the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log and C:\Windows\Logs\CheckSUR.Persist.log files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372918-windows-update-giving-return-code-800736b3-restores-giving-x00000022.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Anyone can direct me to install 2 hard disks at my home pc as i'm using XP (SP2).

A:2 hard disks

Do you mean install two addition hard drives to the one(s) that are currently installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-hard-disks.353900/
Relevancy 48.59%

On my computer I have 2 hard disks, both have windows 98 installed. What I must do to start windows from hard disk 1, or if I need from hard disk 2 ?

PLEASE HELP ME SOMEBODY !!!

A:Two hard disks

I'm not sure about a software solution, but if you want to start up using the other hard drive you'll have to re-position the jumpers on the back of the drive (instructions are usually on the top printed portion of the drive) and possibly change the position of the IDE cable to IDE1 instead of IDE2, unless both drives are on the same IDE cable, in which case you'll only need to switch the jumpers. I know it sounds confusing, but do it!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-hard-disks.49837/
Relevancy 48.59%

presently running windows 7 on custom computer. took hard drive out of old computer ( os vista ) and installed in new computer. new computer shows this as HP (E . can i get old programs to work on new computer and how do i do it ?

A:two hard disks

The programs have to stay with the OS on which they were installed. You cannot transfer programs from one OS to another. You have to reinstall them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339335-two-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Well I tried to download an anti-virus, that ended up giving me a giant virus, I've gotten that off but I can't get to my hard disks, c drive, and it shows only my floppy drive and no CD drive, I've tried system restore but the vrius made the restore point set to when it started its lovely route to killing this machine, please if you could help I'd love it.

A:Can not get to hard disks.

Hello TessaLeigh

Can you access the drive from Start/Run and typing the drive-letter?

If so Download Tweak UI
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/D...powertoys.mspx

Install and run Tweak UI
Click the (+) sign near the My Computer section
Select Drives
Put a checkmark near the drive-letters that you want to unhide
Click Apply, OK

If you still have problems your machine might still be infected.
Please follow our 5 Step process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the HijackThis Log Help forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please be patient when waiting for a reply. This forum is very busy and someone will help as soon as possible.

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-get-to-hard-disks-269658.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone know where I can buy a cheap hard disk around 1 TB in edmonton

A:Hard disks

how much you willing to pay because hdd prices are higher then usual atm

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/212694-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello. I am thinking about getting Red Hat Linux 6.1. I currently have a 7.5 GB hard disk with a Windows 98 partition on it. I would like to get another 30 GB hard disk to put Linux on it, but I do not know if it is possible to have two hard disks in the same computer, using different operating systems. I once heard that your BIOS has to support it, but I am not too sure if mine will. I have a Compaq Presario 7594. I am not sure what kind motherboard, ect. that I have. Any information is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

--maxim

Relevancy 48.59%

I am running an XP Prof 2000 with a 250Gb hard drive. I have installed a new bigger 1Tb hard disk, and would like to run my system on this new bigger hard disk. No way ... !! Anybody knows how to do (if simple enough for an informatic ignorant like me ?) Thanks
Giovanni

A:Hard disks ..

You will need to have at least SP2 on your installation CD to recognize the larger drive. You can slip stream SP2 or SP3 as well as SATA drivers into your XP CD using nLite.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-disks-415944.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have 3 hard disks. 1 sata II and 2 old hard disks. 1 of the old hard disks is a master hard disk, the other is a slave hard disk. I would like to install win xp on the sata II hard disk, and start the pc with the sata II hard disk, as this gives best performance to the pc ( am I right?)? Is this possible, as one of the old hard disks is a master hard disk? On what hard disk will the pc start up?

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello guys, I have two hard disks, both have separate operating systems. I have to attach and deattach both hard disks with the system to use other operating system, Is there a way that I don't have to do this, just use 1 hard disk that I want without deattaching other.
For detail
I attach both hard disk with my system, If I want to use 1 hard disk, other hard disk should not be available, so if I use 2nd hard disk 1st should be unavailable.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have two drives named C and D is it possible to get it to boot from drive D instead of C? Without having to remove disks and swap them, I want to install a clean version of windows on D drive to check if it is windows that is causing me problems or if it is hardware related, but I dont really want to have to reformat my C drive and loose all my personal info....

A:hard disks

There are Boot Manager programs you can purchase that allow you to pick which drive to use to boot. There is also the option if your bios suports it, to pick whtch drive to use first as the boot drive. You just have to go onto the bios each time you wish to change the drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-disks.51097/
Relevancy 48.59%

ms windows xp service pack dim pentium gig mb ram Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on problems giving hjt please help log ie Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v ie giving problems hjt log please help SP I looked but saw nothing out of the ordinary ie giving problems hjt log please help This is a friends computer so I dont know the system very well but he is having trouble with Ultimate Bet thanx kass Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system ie giving problems hjt log please help svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmgr exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbtbmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files UltimateBet UltimateBet exe C Program Files hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Pro... Read more

A:ie giving problems hjt log please help

clean log, if they are having problems with that programme tell them to uninstall it and reinstall it, if it's still causing problems then remove it for good!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-giving-problems-hjt-log-please-help.415448/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

I recently installed a plug and play Ethernet adapter into my pc which is Win7. I am trying to LAN with a windows XP pc (which previously worked with my onboard adapter).

When I view the status of the Local area connection, it shows that there are packets being sent and received to and from both pcs. But I CANNOT see the win XP pc in my network as I am not on the existing network with it?

A:LAN giving problems?

what you mean you can not see?
can you ping the other pc?
is firewall configured and network detection and file sharing on?
if you type "\\[computername]" (or ip) does it work?
does they have good ip configuration?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/183036-lan-giving-problems.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Well as the Title says Avg Anti-Virus 8.0 (free) Is giving problems

Every time i update it gives me the same error

The error says: Invalid Update Control CTF File

I really dont know what to do? Can someone please help me?!?

Thanks in advance

A:AVG giving problems, Help please?

Have a look a this post. They seems to say that the firewall is preventing AVG from updating.

http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?12...backpage=4,sv=

Paul

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/avg-giving-problems-help-please-271280.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi i have some problem with my IE recently When i surf some sites mostly hotmail I always IE problems 7 giving get the message quot object moved here quot So when i click on a page it will direct me to a page that writes quot object moved here quot and then i'll need to click on the word quot here quot before i can access my page Recently i cant seem to see all the images and yes i can't see all IE 7 giving problems the smilies and icons on the post thread now which is wierd and i get this message when i'm surfing the net at times Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage Most likely causes You are not connected to the Internet The website is encountering problems There might be a typing error in the address which i find it wierd because my messenger is still able to connect and my brother's computer which uses the same connection is also able to connect but my internet just doesn't seem to be able display the webpage hope to hear from you soon

A:IE 7 giving problems

Hi bearbear,

please try running IE7 without addons to see if the same happens:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:
iexplore -extoff
- Click OK
- Test with a few sites to see it the same problem occurs...please bear in mind that when you run IE with no addons, some website will cease to work as normal if they depend on certain addons. Ignore any new problems, just try to concentrate on the original issue and post back your findings please.

If that doesn't give any results, it may be an idea to temporary disable your firewall for a little bit and run IE in its normal mode. Some firewalls include features which affect how webpages load and are displayed so it could be a configuration problem. Remember to re-enable your firewall when you have finished testing.

Have you previously upgraded from IE6 to version 7? If yes, did these problem used to happen previously?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-giving-problems-209766.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Sorry guys put this I.E. some problems 2) giving (Take me in the wrong spot Copy PasteHey wondering if I.E. giving me some problems (Take 2) someone can help me I'm having some redirection and popup issues not very often and seemingly I.E. giving me some problems (Take 2) random but enough to annoy the crap outta me My spyware program didn't pick anything up and I'm not very good at reading into Hijack this anyone give me a hand Hijack this reads Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Launch Manager LManager exeC Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Rising Rav RsTray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exeC Program Files Apoint K Apntex exeC Windows system wuauclt I.E. giving me some problems (Take 2) exeC Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en ca acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en ca acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dllO - HKLM Run LManager C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exeO - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exeO - HKLM Run COMODO Firewall Pro quot C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe quot -hO - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run RavTray quot C Program Files Rising Rav RsTray exe quot -systemO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeO - HKCU RunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter Use... Read more

A:I.E. giving me some problems (Take 2)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250383/ie-giving-me-some-problems-take-2/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone. I have installed 7 on the ACHI format and have 4 hard disks. My first drive is partitioned into 2 parts, one of which contains Win 7 and the other is empty and formatted awaiting an XP installation.
I have named my 2 partitions Win 7 and Win XP and they show that in my computer. However my other 3 disks which are not partitioned and named Media, Documents and Software will only display as 'Local Disk'.
If I go into the disk management console it shows the names of my drives but it will not in 'My Computer', nomatter how many times I rename them!
I have just completely re-installed Win 7 and it's doing the same thing. All I know is that when I had my BIOS set to SATA mode and installed 7 the drive names displayed correctly.
Any ideas anyone? This has got me stumped!

Cheers in advance

Phill.

A:Cannot Rename Hard Disks

Quote: Originally Posted by sparkyuiop

Hi everyone. I have installed 7 on the ACHI format and have 4 hard disks. My first drive is partitioned into 2 parts, one of which contains Win 7 and the other is empty and formatted awaiting an XP installation.
I have named my 2 partitions Win 7 and Win XP and they show that in my computer. However my other 3 disks which are not partitioned and named Media, Documents and Software will only display as 'Local Disk'.
If I go into the disk management console it shows the names of my drives but it will not in 'My Computer', nomatter how many times I rename them!
I have just completely re-installed Win 7 and it's doing the same thing. All I know is that when I had my BIOS set to SATA mode and installed 7 the drive names displayed correctly.
Any ideas anyone? This has got me stumped!

Cheers in advance

Phill.

Hi phil do the unpartitioned drives have drive letters?

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/42243-cannot-rename-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm not sure if I have to run a Disk clean up because I think This will delete the other programs and necessary files.Is this true?I've seen that makes the computer faster because my Xp computer (service pack 1) runs slowly.Do I have to run disk clean up?Is that dangerous for my computer?

A:Solved: hard disks

From the specifications you have listed on your profile, you should upgrade from 256Mb of ram to either 512Mb or 1Gb. This should make your compter run faster. A disk cleanup is not dangerous for your computer, it deletes files that are not being used. Examples would be TEMP folders, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hard-disks.904998/
Relevancy 48.16%

First some relavant system specs Windows XP Professional MSI K T Pro - Latest BIOS VIA -in- v a Tried disks? hard Incompatible each version through to the newest ones Western Digital SE JB Gb RPM Maxtor DX gb RPM I just Incompatible hard disks? recently got an Gb Western Digital Special Edition and plugged it into my motherboard along with my Maxtor Incompatible hard disks? Gb on the same ATA- channel Here s what s going on WD gt Master Maxtor gt Slave When copying files it gives me a bad cylinder error saying it cannot find the file This only happens to the Maxtor Doesn t affect the WD and seems to be most frequent with files located deep within the directory structure I replaced the IDE cable tried the other IDE channel Still the same problems unforutnately Reversing the Maxtor s position to be Master instead of slave does not seem to help As long as it is hooked up to the WD it gives me cylinder errors I also tried manually inputting the heads cylinders but it has the same problem The second part of this problem is booting up with the WD causes the initial post boot screen to hang for a minute Whether I have the BIOS setup on auto-detect or manually input the values this hang occurs regardless When the drives are setup in such a way that they do NOT hang at post the Maxtor gets cylinder errors when I copy files When the drives are setup in a position that they DO hang it works fine again I m confused I just want to be able to get rid of the post hang and still be able to use my Maxtor without cylinder errors simulateously It seems like I can only do one or the other but I can t get both problems solved at the same time I m going to play with it some more and maybe give some pertinent information nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incompatible-hard-disks.2117/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all,

What are the rules for migrating disks from windows XP to 7 ? I've got 2 hard disks that just have data on. One of them can be seen fine, the other appears as unformatted, even though it isn't.
I'm guessing its something to do with the amount of customised permissions one of the disks has on its folders that were set up in XP. Do I need to go back to XP, remove all complex permissions, then go back to Windows 7 ?

Any suggestions are welcome !

Mike

A:Hard Disks from Windows XP ?

Hi Mike, and Welcome to the Seven Forums

Have seen this in the past and what has worked for me is to, using an administrator account, take ownership of the complete drive, (allowing to cascade down to lower levels), and then giving the account in use full rights to the drive (again allowing the rights to cascade).

That should allow you to access everything and apply whatever rights you need to the sub levels

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/1189-hard-disks-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 48.16%

How do you go about wiping a hard disk of ALL data? I,ve got a situation that leaves this as the only solution.

Relevancy 48.16%

Hello.

I need to use an external HDD to record and edit audio. So it needs to be 3-4TB.

What I need to know is will it be fast enough?

I think it needs to be USB 3.0 and 7200rpm but I am not sure.
Most external drives seem to be 5400rpm.

Can anyone help and recommend a suitable such drive 100-150?

Thanks

Also - I generally only record 2 tracks at once max 24bit/44.1khz and playback no more than 16.

Relevancy 48.16%

Howdy I have a problem that I can t seem to solve Here is my situation I have Disks Hard Running 2 with two Emachines The first Emachine was running an GB Hard Drive and died earlier today Apparently the motherboard got fried as I have begun to realize is common with that particular type Unfortunately the data on that Hard Drive was rather sensitive and important so I am hoping to save it My solution was to attach this hard drive as a slave to another Emachine that is working fine At first glance this solution seemed to work out I have but one problem On the second Emachine after having attached the HD from the first Emachine I can click My Computer and see C the original HD of Running with 2 Hard Disks that system and E the Running with 2 Hard Disks HD of the system which died I can even open up E and see all the subfolders However If I try to open the My Documents folder it says quot Access Denied quot I have tried to get into that folder by way of going into the sharing and security tab and making shared but nothing seems to work What should I do in this situation to unlock the data on the transplanted HD nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I'm looking to set up a couple of VM hosts and am trying to decide how to set up the storage backup edit wasn't sure where this belonged hope someone knows where to move it Storage Technolgy - I was thinking about SSDs as I don't have space issues gb SSDs would give me room for future expansion What model of SSDs would be best I only have experience with Samsung s and new s look great are there server grade drives I should be using for a VM setup Connectivity Backup - I'm unsure how best to connect whatever storage I decide on I'd like to be able to move VMs between the two Hosts to load balance and for redundancy if one host goes down I've had a bit of a look into iSCSI as FC is probably out of my budget and it looks like it would help by centralsing all the VMs backup could be to a secondary iSCSI host I'm not sure of the performance I'd get though without going to gb The other option would just be local raid cards with additional slow SATA storage to cross backup the VMs looking around Hard VMs for backup and disks most VM hosts have live backup utilities that would do the job then if a host failed it would just be a case of moving the VM to the primary storage from the backup and starting it again also Hard disks and backup for VMs changing the backup to local until the other host comes Hard disks and backup for VMs back up

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hard-disks-and-backup-for-vms-680732.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am operating with XP and when selecting 'stand by' my PC looks like it is going into stand by (ie the screen shows programmes shutting down) but my hard disks keep going and in reality nothing has shut down. Moving the mouse gets the programmes restarting but I haven't acheved any power management at all. Can you offer any advice? I've already burned out one power supply and don't want to do it again!

A:Hard disks won't go into stand by

Check the power settings. I don't believe simply going into Stand By shuts everything down.

The main use is reduce power consumption, but since the power supply can't shut down...it isn't going to help save your power supply. You likely just had a cheap/defective power supply or it was damaged by a power related event.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hard-disks-wont-go-into-stand-by-388342.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently bought a nice pretty 200 gig hard drive to supplement my 80 gig which was getting kinda full. I now want to use all that space to my advantage in getting my games to run nicely. I know it may not make all that much of a difference, but still...

I've got about 25 gigs(growing) of games, right now on the 80 gig, which houses the OS installation too. I'm thinking that if I move all of my games to the 200, leaving the OS on the 80, both games and Windows in general will get a speed boost.

Am I on the right track here? Otherwise tell me how best to allot my space. Also on how about 3 gigs of music might fit in to the equation?

Thanks!

A:Where on hard disks to put games?

First of all if you just copy-paste your games into the other drive, they might not work properly. The short cuts would need to be updated and same goes for the game files themselves. Your best bet would be to copy your saved game files into a folder somewhere, and then uninstalling the game, then you reinstall it into the new drive, and then copy-paste your saved games back into the file and everything should be hunky dory The OS and your music shouldn't be too big a drain on the computer, it doesnt really matter how much hard drive space you have, but RAM and CPU ability. Whatever you have there, if something's running slow, it won't be because of a lot of memory useage really.
However, if you are hard drive concious, defrag it every once in a while. Otherwise try and uninstall the games you no longer really play, leaving the save files in case you wanna give it another go,
Cheers
Flyther007

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/where-on-hard-disks-to-put-games.397741/
Relevancy 48.16%

I would like to swap the 80GB SATA hard drive from my tower PC with a 20GB EIDE hard disk in my small form factor desktop PC. Is it simply a case of swapping them over (i.e. will each disk be compatible with the other machine)?

Also, if that is the case, does anyone have any idea how to get a hard disk out of a Compaq Evo D51U? I have had a look inside and it's all very compact, I have undone the screws that I can see but it is still stuck fast!

Thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

hi,

I have a laptop that I was using one night, then all of a sudden it crashed asn when I start to restart..i get a black screen that tells it is unable to boot up. I try to repair windows xp using the cd and it tells me that it cannot locate a hard disk....have you guys every heard of this and have any suggestions

Thanks
Ravi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-find-hard-disks.538150/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have two hard disks, each of which is divided into two partitions, making four logical disks (or w/e they're called) in total. Thing is, I want to recombine two of those partitions belonging to the same hard disk. Do I have to format to do this? Neither of the disks is the system disk.

If someone could help with a step-by-step walkthrough, that would be cool

A:Repartitioning hard disks...

To combine partitions already established, you must use a 3d-party program.One that I am familiar with, EASEUS Partition Master is a magic partition manager software for Windows 2000-XP-Vista-2003- - http://www.partition-tool.com/ Download, install...read instructions for using the Home Edition.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233789/repartitioning-hard-disks/
Relevancy 48.16%

today i turned on Not Detected? Disks Hard Being my computer and it s been restarted and is at the black background screen where you would boot from a CD except after it says boot from cd under it theres some japanese symbol i have Hard Disks Not Being Detected? no idea what it is so i just restart my computer hoping it would boot into windows and i wouldn t worry about it well it came up agian so i go to my bios and the boot seq is cdrom hard disk ls boot other device enabled and thats how it s always been So i say whatever lets just reinstall windows and when i get to what disk to install it on it doesn t detect any disks which is probably why i can t boot up windows in the first place i have not opened my computer in months nor have i ever had this problem what do i do edit windows could not start becasuse of a computer disk hardware configuration problem could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk hardware please check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for additional information i just booted up agian and got past that window and right when i was about to choose windows xp for the os to boot that popped up oh i have two drives one ive had for about years and one ive had for a year if they did die then why did they die at the same time nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys ive searched around like crazy and tried numerous things but cannot seem to fix this problem I have a new pc here New mobo cpu ram dvdcdrom powersuply new hard disk When i install all the parts properly and get to load the pc it is not detecting the hardisk I then go in to the Bios and check it says my hard drive is set as primary slave I have it on the primary IDE controller and set to Master or single drive on the jumper The Cd is then hooked up to exhausted disks Getting with Hard the raid controller as a master jumper Im sure you need to have your Getting exhausted with Hard disks boot drive set as master for any os installations to work I tried installing win k and it would just loop back to the installation after rebooting the first time after the first install So whats the deal here any one encounter this problem Hd is set to master and is being seen as a slave in the bios I dont get it personally Thanks for any help Dan nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Verbatim 320Gb and a WD 300 Gb hard disk which do not show up when I plug them into the USB port on my Toshiba laptop.

Is there some way to find & reformat these disks?

Thank you!

A:Can't see external hard disks

Hi,

Go to control panel,
Administrative tools,
Computer management

Disk management.

Look for the two drives or one at a time as connected.

There you will be able to configure & format the drives as seen.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285845-cant-see-external-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello

I am looking for a way to ghost the image of a hard disk (i.e. all installed programs, settings, etc) from one PC to another. As licenced OEM copies of Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2007 will be installed on both PCs, these need to be excluded (unless there is a way to copy them but have them remain on seperate licences).

Does anyone know of any software that can do this? Cost is not an issue (within reason).

Thanks

drawde

A:Ghosting new hard disks

Acronis True Image or Acronis Snap Deploy will do the job. There are also methods and apps available to change the license keys for both XP and Office, so those can be copied, too, and then each license changed afterward.

You can find articles in the MS KB about changing license keys as well. People make mistakes, licenses change, and situations like yours arise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ghosting-new-hard-disks.657150/
Relevancy 48.16%

My hard disk size is only 149.5GB.
So i want to extend it.
Can I add another hard disk or i have to replace it with another?

A:Add or replace hard disks

You can't extend it unless that 149.5 GB is simply a partition on a larger drive.

More likely, it's the only partition on a 160 GB drive. In which case, you can't extend it.

It's up to you to tell us more about the drive---what's the rated capacity, what it actually says on the drive (brand, model, capacity), what your receipt or documentation says, what an inspection tool such as Speccy might say about it, etc.

If it can't be extended, you can replace it with another larger drive or possibly even keep that drive and add another drive--internal or external. We don't have enough details about the PC or the PC case, but most cases can accept two internal drives or more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370028-add-replace-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

I've got a windows 7 x64 machine and I need to migrate it to another hard disk. Currently its running on an old 160GB IDE (i know....) and I want to migrate the install to a pair of 500GB WD SATA2 drives.

I know how to mirror the disks, but I need to find a way to migrate without a re-install. It's a long time since I did anything like this on windows (It's so easy on other OSs).

Ideally I'd like to partition the new disk (say, 40GB) and migrate the current system to that. Then add the second disk and mirror it, create the second partition etc.

So...what are the recommended ways to migrate a system to a new disk?

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

A:migrating hard disks

Install both drives first so that Windows can detect and install the necessary drivers for them. Then it should just be a matter of using this,

WD Support

to migrate the Windows install to the new drives.

One small thing, if the current Windows install is on a partition larger then 40 GB then it may not work. You can usually go from a smaller drive/partition to a larger when migrating, but usually not from larger to smaller.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/155388-migrating-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I hope some clever bod out there can help - I don't know what I'm doing so consequently am not getting too far I have a PC with a hard disk that has partitions - Win WinXP and documents This was getting a little full so I want to upgrade it I bought a Tb drive installed and partitioned Cloned the drives across All looking good I now had Drive letters from hard disks swapping C to H DVD drive unplugged at the mo C D and E are the old drive and F G and H are the new drive Unplugged the old drive and got an quot NTLDR missing quot error Plugged it back in and all works on the old system Did some scratching round and found that I had to copy some system files across to the new boot drive When I investigated further I found the systems files were for some odd reason on drive E I've copied boot ini bootmgr swapping hard disks NTDETECT swapping hard disks COM and ntldt over to drive F I unplugged the old drive again and not it's complaining about changes of hardware and software I'm guessing that I could be looking fr a boot drive maybe E that no longer exists because it's labelled differently F I may have to edit bootmgr My worry is that the Disk Management window looks subtly different and I may have set things up incorrectly Before I go to far down a dangerous path I wonder if anyone would have a look and give me some wisdom I attach a picture of my Disk Manager from Win - I hope you'll be able to see what I mean Bob PS - Actually this is my sons computer and I'm his dad trying to help but worried about messing it up for him

A:swapping hard disks

Quote: Originally Posted by bobharding

Hi all,

I hope some clever bod out there can help - I don't know what I'm doing so consequently am not getting too far.

I have a PC with a hard disk that has 3 partitions - Win7, WinXP and documents. This was getting a little full so I want to upgrade it.

I bought a 1Tb drive, installed and partitioned. Cloned the drives across. All looking good. I now had Drive letters from C to H (DVD drive unplugged at the mo). C,D.and E are the old drive and F,G and H are the new drive.

Unplugged the old drive and got an "NTLDR missing" error. Plugged it back in and all works on the old system.

Did some scratching round and found that I had to copy some system files across to the new boot drive. When I investigated further I found the systems files were (for some odd reason) on drive E. I've copied boot.ini, bootmgr, NTDETECT.COM and ntldt over to drive F.

I unplugged the old drive again and not it's complaining about changes of hardware and software. I'm guessing that I could be looking fr a boot drive (maybe E) that no longer exists because it's labelled differently (F). I may have to edit bootmgr??

My worry is that the Disk Management window looks subtly different and I may have set things up incorrectly.

Before I go to far down a dangerous path I wonder if anyone would have a look and give me some wisdom? I attach a picture of my Disk Manager (from Win 7) - I hope you'll be able to see what I mean.

Bob
PS - Actually this is my sons computer and I'm his dad trying to help but worried about messing it up for him!

Hi Bob and welcome

My only concern is the 2 logical partitions. Booting from logical can be a slight problem. Otherwise looks fine

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41017-swapping-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Loyd Case reported that when he installed Win 7 RTM part of it was installed one one drive and part on another. He disconted one drive reinstalled and then hooked up the second drive.

Is there a way to install on only one drive (e.g C) without having to do the above if you have more than one drive on your system?

A:Installing Win 7 with two hard disks

Without providing a link to Mr. Case's report, the report is of little value. Numerous SF members have installed on systems with two or more drives without encountering such an issue.

Perhaps Mr. Case is referring to the 100MB recvoery or system partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/21370-installing-win-7-two-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,
On my computer are 3 hard disks, letters "C" (system), "F" and "G" both to store data. (D and E are DVD).
"G" capacity = 149 GB, used space = 23.2 GB, actually all folders and files = 20.7 GB, missing 3 GB ?
The same on the others
"F" capacity = 74.5 GB, used space = 13.6 GB, actually all folders and files = 5.54 GB, missing 8 GB ?
"G" capacity = 111 GB, used space = 51.7 GB. actually all folders and files = 30.1 GB. missing 21 GB ?
Each disk is one whole partition.
How can I find out what is on the "missing" spaces ?
To demonstrate this "riddle" enclosed here screenshots of the 3 disks and one of "disk management" window.
Hope the images won't overlap.
Answers will be appreciated.
Thanks
Motim

A:Space on Hard disks

There are utilities that can do this and others can advise.

The reality is that determining disk space consumed by individual folders is highly problematic and the results only an approximation. This will be the case for any modern file system, particularly for one so complex as NTFS. Likely the biggest disk space not accounted for will be in the "System Volume Information" folder, by default present on each local drive. This will typically be reported as zero but that isn't even close. This folder contains System Restore Points and previous versions of files. This typically consumes many GB of disk space. For a variety of reasons even an elevated admin account has no access to this folder. As Windows Explorer runs under the users account it cannot access this folder and is unable to determine it's size.

Also by default hidden files are not counted in any folder.

There are third party utilities that use a service running at a higher privilege level and is able to more accurately determine disk space consumed. Windows Explorer does not do this as most IT managers would consider it an unacceptable security risk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/389355-space-hard-disks.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have here a home-built P hard two between disks? Conflict system with Gigabyte GA- IPE -G main board and Seagate Barracuda ST A hard disk -Gig as master on channel I ve connected no less than other hard disks to that channel in the course of a year or Conflict between two hard disks? so in my working on other systems to copy off the data before starting work Never a Conflict between two hard disks? problem Today I unwrapped a new Western Digital model JB- VA -Gig and set it up as slave on the same channel and I get quot missing operating system quot when attempting to boot I ve checked my jumpers and even tried cable-select but there is no change If I connect the WD by itself I can use it just fine Jumper settings are by the book I have searched Google for conflicts concerning these drives but I find no indication of a problem I also tried connecting the WD to an Amptoon board here and it won t see it at all although it does see the same model Seagate just fine It just happens I have the same model Seagate drive in four systems here nbsp

A:Conflict between two hard disks?

first thing to do is try it on second chanel as a master.
if it works, there indeed is don't get along syndrome.
further, these drives are CS specific, so the other drive should be set to CableSelect also!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/conflict-between-two-hard-disks.342667/
Relevancy 48.16%

So I have 2 hard disks. A smaller 350 GB hard disk and a bigger 2 TB. My question is, does it make sense to put Windows on the smaller hard disk and everything else on the bigger D Drive? If my software runs from the D Drive will I take a performance hit? For example, if I put games on D will it run slower?

Thanking you all in advance

A:2 Hard Disks questions

I would put the OS and all programs including the games on the smaller disk and all user data on the larger disk. That assumes that both disks are the same speed - e.g. 7200 RPM

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352328-2-hard-disks-questions.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, about 2 months ago I received an update for Java. I downloaded it as usual but it seems it never quite downloaded properly. Since then I am constantly getting a message to download and that my Java is unsecured. I don't know if I have a virus (my bit defender and mawarebytes don't show anything) or whats going on. My computer is running very slowly and always asks to close the window. I believe it could be a memory issue but not sure.

Regards,
Dani

A:Java giving me problems

Unless you regularly go to a website that uses Java, I suggest you follow the directions at this link and uninstall it. There have been security issues recently with Java and it is rarely used by most websites. There may be a few games that use it but most users don't need Java and it seems to be a nuisance.

http://www.java.com/en/download/uninstall.jsp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491996/java-giving-me-problems/
Relevancy 48.16%

uhhh this is my problem i think i cant run this damn game for some reason i click the desk top icon the cdrom drive runs but nothing comes on heres the read me file
Hard Disc Space Required: 700 Mb
Recommended swap space for gameplay: 40 Mb

Minimum Specs:
266Mhz CPU
32MB RAM

Suggested Specs:
400Mhz CPU
64MB RAM

**REQUIRED** Peripherals:
4X CD-ROM drive
DirectSound-Compatible Sound Card

Supported Operating Systems:
Win95B
Win98
Win2K
WinNT Service Pack 4.0
WinME

Supported Video Cards:
8MB DirectX-Compatible Video Card

This demo requires DirectX 7.0 or higher. The
latest version of DirectX can be downloaded at
http://www.microsoft.com/directX/.

I have all that but is my problem because its not xp compitible?can some one check it out for me at the Sierra.com site if u find something to help me heres my email for msn messenger [email protected]

A:i need help with a game that is giving me problems

If it'll run in W2K it should run in XP.

Have you tried using the Program Compatibility Wizard and running it in W2K mode?

If that doesn't work, then it may be a problem with the install of the game. Have you checked the properties of the shortcut to make sure that it actually points at the game's executable file?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-a-game-that-is-giving-me-problems.76531/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have been getting the BSOD, constantly sometimes once a week, or times once or twice a day, I have updated my Nvida gefore grafics cards recently as well, because of another error code from the BSOD saying there was a problem there. But now i have the erro code at file
afd.sys

Any help would be great!
Craig

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-giving-problems.48809/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am beyond the veil of anger with this. I believe something is wrong with my DirectX 11 on Windows 8.1, and I don't know how to fix it. I would go to play certain games, and it would pop up an error message saying "Cannot Set Display Mode" or something similar to that. I get the feeling it's DirectX, as I had recently updated it, but did nothing to interfere. I have spent the last week (literally) trying to fix this, and everything has failed. I understand that DirectX 11 comes with Windows 8 and everything, but when Windows doesn't even realize that it's malfunctioning (DXDiag did not work, nor did the thousands of Runtime Installers I tried), something is definitely wrong. I would appreciate any help at this point. Thanks in advance.

A:DirectX is giving me problems.

Recheck/reinstall or update drivers, a lot of interaction between drivers and DirectX goes in there. Some older games do not like or recognize new DirectX. Try to run them in compatibility mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/35600-directx-giving-me-problems.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Ever since I installed Windows 7 and IE 9 my computer has been giving me fits. Pages and games load extremely slow and I have to refresh constantly. Windows live mail is a nightmare as it takes over 2 minutes to load an email just so that I can delete it. Can I uninstall IE 9 without causing any problems on my computer? And will it revert back to IE 8? I'm thinking that IE 9 is what is giving me such problems and I have heard that it causes a lot of problems with other programs and games. I scan and defrag all the time so I know that isn't my problem with too much junk on the computer. Any help would be appreciated.

CarinSharon

A:Windows 7 and IE 9 giving me problems

Yes, you can uninstall IE9 and you will then have IE8.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423316/windows-7-and-ie-9-giving-me-problems/
Relevancy 48.16%

Right I am thinking this email account is more trouble that its worth....

I am set up with imap account with aol I write a messaage press send............This then goes into my outbox and stays there..............I open the outbox up and it says at the top this message has not been sent ............Why oh why wont it send my messages.

Please help me I am going crazy.

A:Outlook Still Giving Me Problems

What happens when you click the Send/Receive button?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-still-giving-me-problems.449965/
Relevancy 48.16%

Since reformatting my hard drive, I have been unable to get Diskeeper Lite to run once I restart my PC. I have tried removing remnants of it's previous installation but to no avail. (In case you're interested, this is the error message I get when I try to open it:
"Unable to connect to the Diskeeper service in the selected machine. Connecting to the local Diskeeper service.")

No one appears to know how to resolve this problem, so I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to use another defrag program. Does anyone have a suggestions for a free defrag program I can use please?

A:Diskeeper giving me problems

I believe the diskkeeper programs runs as a windows service. Have you checked to make sure this service is running and not disabled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14042/diskeeper-giving-me-problems/
Relevancy 48.16%

I am having trouble with my DVD RAM Drive . On inserting a recorded DVD into the drive the drive fails to read the contents on the disc and just displays a blank window. I thought something was wrong with the drive so i changed it but the problem still persisted. To top it all on inserting the same DVD in a different computer the contents are read and displayed perfectly. I am having trouble figuring out what could be wrong. Please Help.

I am using a Computer with a Pentium 4 1.5Ghz Processor and the system has Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 2 installed on it.

PS: Virus scans seem to yield no viruses

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok so when I connect to my wifi it looks like this  after some time my Internet stops working and when i see the connections all other wifi networks are gone and the one I'm connected shows Limited  When I disconnect, this happens  After this, I have to restart to connect to the network.Its not Internet problem because its never interrupts in my PC and mobile so its fault in some driver I guess. I have updated my WiLAN driver but the problem still exists. I have even reinstalled the windows but the problem is still there. Please someone help me its creating a lot of problems for me. Also sorry for broken English.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-wifi-is-giving-problems/td-p/5781048
Relevancy 48.16%

I occasionally get these blue lines going across the screen. The lines are all over the monitor, but there`s an especially irritating one that`s following my mouse pointer as I speak. It resembles the tail of Halley`s comet, and is a disturbance when trying to WORK on the computer.
Can anyone tell me what exactly is the problem? Is it my video card, is it the monitor itself, or is it, gulp, the motherboard?

A:Monitor giving me problems

Well, it's not the motherboard, unless your video card is built in.

Could be the monitor or the video card.

Only realy way to be sure is to try a different monitor, or try your monitor on another computer.

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-giving-me-problems.34301/
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently i bought a new Pentium Core 2 Duo 1.86 Ghz processor with 2 gb ram with 160 gb 7000 rpm SeaGate hard-disk and original Intel Motherboard.

The problem is that when i installed coreldraw 11 and while saving a file it showed 'File Copy Error. TEMP drive or output drive may be full' C Drive has a 40 gb partition wtih progs using 7 gb of space. Also when writing a cd with roxio 6.0 the machine hangs. What could possibly be the error.

PS : Virus Scan yielded no viruses.

A:Corel 11 Giving problems

Its been so long and i am still suffering from the same problem is there no solution to this problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corel-11-giving-problems.687510/
Relevancy 48.16%

I'm new here and pretty clueless so please let me know if I'm in the wrong place or if I'm not doing this right Anyhow I clicked a link on a friends AIM away message and ever since I've been having problems When I restart my computer the command prompt window opens with C WINDOWS System cmd exe across the top Also at startup an IE window entitled quot y E a K u K z quot opens with C Documents and Settings Holly L k html as the address I've also been getting spontaneously kicked off Internet Explorer and the same away message as the one I clicked will put problems yEaKuKz me giving itself up on my AIM every couple minutes Here's my HijackThis log hopefully someone yEaKuKz giving me problems can tell me where to go from here Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet yEaKuKz giving me problems Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC WINDOWS System wmediaplayer exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System hkntfs exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Win Comm WinComm exeC Program Files Win Comm WinLock exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC HJT HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http proxy bradley edu R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - Hosts auto search msn comO - Hosts search netscape comO - Hosts ieautosearchO - BHO no name - DE -B - C F-DB - D D E - C WINDOWS System skicsm dll file missing O - BHO no name - DE E - - D - B - E C FAF - C WINDOWS browserhelper dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar no name - BDF CE D-F C - - - C EAC CA - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Mail Math C PROGRA FLAWHE greypoke exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exeO - HKLM Run Windows SyncroAd C Program Files Windows SyncroAd SyncroAd exeO - HKLM Run yghowyhjf C WINDOWS System nijjajx exeO - HKLM Run Windows Media Player wmediaplayer exeO - HKLM Run Win Comm C Program Files Win Comm WinComm exeO - HKLM RunServices Windows Media Player wmediaplayer exeO - HKLM RunOnce DELDIR EXE quot C DOCUME HOLLYL LOCALS Temp DELDIR EXE quot quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian quot O - HKCU Run media manager C Program Files ebkrdr mediaman exeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Whrh C WINDOWS System hkntfs exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - Global Startup America Online Tray Icon lnk C Program Files America Online aoltray exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item amp AIM Search - res C Program Files AIM Toolbar AIMBar dll aimsearch htmO - Extra conte... Read more

A:yEaKuKz giving me problems

hmbud, welcome. Please print this out and follow ALL these directions carefully.Download LSPFIX.EXE and remove only cdlsp.dllhttp://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htmThe system has W32/Agobot-BH by the presence of WinComm.exehttp://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32agobotbh.htmlMake sure 'show all files' is enabled:http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...=&osv=&osv_lvl=Boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup.More detailed instructions here:http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...001052409420406Delete if still present:C:\WINDOWS\2_0_1browserhelper2.dll c:\windows\system32\cdlsp.dllC:\WINDOWS\System32\nijjajx.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\wmediaplayer.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\?hkntfs.exe <== filesC:\Program Files\FLAWHE~1C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAdC:\Program Files\Win CommC:\Program Files\ebkrdr <== foldersC:\DOCUME~1\HOLLYL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp <== empty the contents of this folderStart HijackThis and tick the boxes next to all these, then close all browser and explorer windows, and tell HijackThis to "Fix checked" if still present.R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)O1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 auto.search.msn.comO1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 search.netscape.comO1 - Hosts: 69.20.16.183 ieautosearchO2 - BHO: (no name) - {36DE3301-B313-4C9F-DB07-66550D877D4E} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\skicsm.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {83DE62E0-5805-11D8-9B25-00E04C60FAF2} - C:\WINDOWS\2_0_1browserhelper2.dllO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BDF6CE3D-F5C5-4462-9814-3C8EAC330CA8} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mail Math] C:\PROGRA~1\FLAWHE~1\greypoke.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows SyncroAd] C:\Program Files\Windows SyncroAd\SyncroAd.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [yghowyhjf] C:\WINDOWS\System32\nijjajx.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Media Player] wmediaplayer.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Win Comm] C:\Program Files\Win Comm\WinComm.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Media Player] wmediaplayer.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [DELDIR0.EXE] "C:\DOCUME~1\HOLLYL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DELDIR0.EXE" "C:\Program Files\McAfee\McAfee Shared Components\Guardian\"O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [media_manager] C:\Program Files\ebkrdr\mediaman.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Whrh] C:\WINDOWS\System32\?hkntfs.exeO4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE O16 - DPF: {15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://public.windupdates.com/get_file.php...c80e4ac3a715ede Reboot and Install the prevention protection below and help your friends from being infected on the Internet.Empty the Recycle Bin.The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there.Index.dat Suite helps with this.http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Products&p=index.datsuiteInsure that Index.dat Suite is Setup to empty the Temp folders especiallyC:\Documents and Settings\{user}\Local Settings\Temp then run the Find and create the run.bat and reboot to have it remove what it finds.{user} is the User HOLLYL~1 Account ID. Removal of infections and prevention protection should be installed on ALL User Account IDS.Download and install WinPatrol.http://www.winpatrol.comBrowser settings for increased security:http://bshagnasty.home.att.net/browsersettings.htmInstall IE-SPYAD then run the install.bat in the ie-spyad folder and SpywareBlaster then keep them up to date as today's Internet is full of nasty infections.https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/3732/yeakukz-giving-me-problems/
Relevancy 48.16%

just put a new rpm g hard drive on my existing fully functional machine processor mb ram hard drive was bare just started machine with windows xp pro and started moving along was so easy felt like it was working alone no bootup disks or dos screens so after asking if i wanted to format and install i clicked yes and it giving New harddrive problems was about through the format when i left the machine when i came back from going out i have a blue screen message stating windows has a problem New harddrive giving problems possible virus connection error with a stopx b xf d xc x x at the end of the message i can get into bios and the drive is recognized and i can hit f and get to the boot screan asking which operating system i want to boot and if i hit f again i get a list of choices under the advanced options menu but that is it if i let the computer boot in any setting of just a natural boot i will get that same message as above what can i do nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Windows XP-SP I have a gmail account I installed Picasa from google website Version is Problems Inadequate options for scanning pictures There are only two options for Picasa to scan for pictures - My Documents or the entire drive Is there no way problems giving is me Picasa to select a specific partition where the pictures of interest are Every attempt at uploading pictures has failed so far like this I select the pictures they end up at the bottom I click Share hourglass appears for a very long time there is no activity in the router eventually a message window comes up saying that the upload failed shows a blue link for error which says 'post URL not found' Bottom line upload fails so obviously the URL link can't exist I signed out from Google Account in the upper right corner and tried to sign back in as this is what Help suggests but I get a blank window to Login which subsequently says that I'm not connected to the internet which is not correct TCPview clearly shows and established connection all along Hmm maybe it is correct once I logged out I tried every possible way to Upload Bulk upload Share even Sync whatever I could find - all with identical results I'm ready to ditch it and try to find something that allows me to easily drag'n drop out of any directory I please Picasa is giving me problems without all that local scanning and that allows easy viewing for others to whom I send a link But I thought I'd ask here first I didn't find anything in tutorials here And Google help is not helping me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497379/picasa-is-giving-me-problems/
Relevancy 48.16%

I know hpwis com is a browser hijacker because my home page keeps changing to mylycos com I have run adaware spybot spysweeper cleanup and jv in both normal and safe mode to no avail Here is my log This system is windows me ogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE problems Trojans me such giving and C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SSDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM INTERNAT EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS Trojans and such giving me problems SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMKEYBD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPSYSDRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES ADAPTEC DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS KODAKCCS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM USBMONIT EXE C PROGRAM FILES WEBROOT SPY SWEEPER SPYSWEEPER EXE C WINDOWS RunDLL exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD KEYBDMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONSCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMUSBKB EXE C PROGRAM FILES WEBROOT SPY SWEEPER WRSSSDK EXE C WINDOWS WUAUCLT EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Keyboard Manager C Program Files Netropa One-touch Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Adaptec DirectCD C Program Files ADAPTEC DIRECTCD DIRECTCD EXE O - HKLM Run KodakCCS C WINDOWS System Drivers KodakCCS exe O - HKLM Run USBMonit exe quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM USBMonit exe quot O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C PROGRAM FILES WEBROOT SPY SWEEPER SPYSWEEPER EXE quot startintray O - HKLM Run jv PT - Privacy Protector C PROGRAM FILES JV POWERTOOLS JV PT EXE -ExecTask quot C PROGRAM FILES JV POWERTOOLS Tasks PrivacyProtector Task jvb quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrv exe O - HKLM RunServices StateMgr C WINDOWS System Restore StateMgr exe O - HKLM RunServices StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM RunServices KB C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRY O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C PROGRA MESSEN MSMSGS EXE O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem MSN Messenger Service - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C PROGRA MESSEN MSMSGS EXE O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS SYSTEM Shdocvw dll O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGRAM FILES AIM AIM EXE O - Plugin for mov C PROGRA INTERN PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - IERESET INF START PAGE URL http hp my yahoo com O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B A F- AA - -BA - E E B B - http www trendmicro com spyware-scan as web cab

A:Trojans and such giving me problems

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should 'not' have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below. Also if you have any programs that may prevent system changes (like Spybot's TeaTimer program, Ad-aware's Ad-Watch, and others), make sure you disable them before doing any of the fixes (or accept the changes for the fix we give you when asked by the programs).

Go to My Computer->Tools (or View)->Folder Options->View tab:
* Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders (it's Show all files for Windows 98).
* Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.
* Click Yes to confirm and then click OK.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan

Click on the "Free To Use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Check Now and a "pop up" window will appear. * Please ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it *
Enter your e-mail address, country, and state & click Scan Now * The download of the 8 MB Panda's ActiveX control will take place *
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Please ignore any entry it finds and the offer to buy the program to remove the entry, as we will address this later.
Click on See report then click Save report
*You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
*Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

Paste the Panda Scan report here together with a new [b]HiJack This log.[/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/trojans-and-such-giving-me-problems-87769.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Lately my wireless card has been giving me fits Random disconnects difficult to re-connect etc Today it just gave up I had a second card exactly the giving Asus problems PCE-N13 same that I swapped out but the problems persist ASUS support was non-existent I managed to get as far as quot limited connectivity quot with the current set up my desktop computer Below are the TSG SysInfo and also the CMD IPConfig logs I hope you can help I m stumped Thanks TSGSYSINFO Tech Support Asus PCE-N13 giving problems Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC M NPV-VM xx Antivirus None removed to reinstall ASUS WLAN utility replaced Asus PCE-N13 giving problems now IPConfig logs Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Trevelyan gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Trevelyan gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ftrdhcpuser net Link-local IPv Address fe ecbe b da c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C Users Trevelyan gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Trevelyan gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Trevelyan gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out Request timed out Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Users Trevelyan gt ping yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Users Trevelyan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ZAPHOD Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ftrdhcpuser net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ftrdhcpuser net Description ASUS n Wireless LAN Card Physical Address E - - - C- D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ecbe b da c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday July PM Lease Expires Sunday July PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D- - - - - - - F- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap earthlink net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Trevelyan gt nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

My other comp was working fine, but there was a spark in the power supply but it was still working for awhile, except I'd have to fight with it to get it to turn on. So I bought a new power supply, much stronger than what it was before, changed all the memory as well.
NOW... it turns on, but the HDD doesn't spin or anything, and when it finishes loading past the bios and all that, all it shows is a black screen that says "boot error, please insert system disk and retry" and when I install my winXP cd, it loads enuff to get to the screen where i can choose to repair or install anew, and when i choose either it says that windows cannot detect a HDD.

What could the problem be ?

A:Second comp is giving me problems too, help !

Hard drive

your hard drive is probably ruined. You could make a reformat disk and see if you can reformat the hard drive to get it to work. But it probably was damaged by the spark. The reformat disk can be found somewhere on the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/second-comp-is-giving-me-problems-too-help.40046/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello It s been a while since I have been on here which is a good thing right giving problems me Photobucket But I recently upgraded my operating system to Windows Since then I have been having some issues I will not get into all of them for now when I had no issues with Photobucket before I am now Photobucket giving me problems When I go there I do not remember how to delete an individual picture or all of them or how to create an album Photobucket is important to me because many Photobucket giving me problems websites maybe even this one may require a URL instead of browsing and Photobucket giving me problems uploading a JPEG to this site this may be very important to show you what I see on my screen Let me give you a URL here from photobucket because I want to delete all these pics from a car that we sold Thanks in advance http i photobucket com albums af linsjean IMG jpg Anyone able to view this Any suggestions I was also having Avast going crazy on me so I un-installed and re-installed Firefox so we ll see if my internet problems go away and all other issues after I upgraded days ago Thanks again Editing because I think I posted this in the wrong forum Note to Mod you may move this to the appropriate category I think Internet problems nbsp

A:Photobucket giving me problems

You deleted one of three. A car and a picture of a woman is still there.

Follow directions from Photobucket on deletion of photos.

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724214-How-do-I-delete-images-videos-albums-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photobucket-giving-me-problems.1152778/
Relevancy 48.16%

Help I noticed me . Some is SOMETHING of problems giving . . sort a few days ago that my computer which is ghz Some sort of SOMETHING is giving me problems . . . with GB ram and runs windows XP was running incredibly slowly I ran all the virus scans I could get my hands on Some worm or other was killed and one of the scans detected a virus called quot java-bytever a quot So I did a search for the files infected with that virus and manually deleted them Some sort of SOMETHING is giving me problems . . . since none of my other AV programs were detecting them But my computer is still very slow and what s worse now when my Norton Antivirus runs its bi-daily scan instead of scanning the usual or so files it s now scanning million files And the number of files is getting higher According to NAV I have a folder called quot recycler quot that I can t find on my computer even with a search Also most of these extra hundreds of thousands of files are in c program files Java j re bin I can t access this folder even through command com because I keep getting a quot cyclic redundancy check quot error message I can t uninstall Java because when I go into add remove programs and select Java it says it s quot gathering info quot for about minutes when it times out And when I try to simply delete the whole folder I get a prompt telling me that my c drive isn t formatted and would I like to format it now I m at my wit s end I ve tried Norton Panda Trent and Bitprotector and none of them are detecting any problems I m worried that the virus or worm or whatever has gotten into my memory and I have no idea how to clean THAT out or even if it s possible Someone please help me Steve nbsp

A:Some sort of SOMETHING is giving me problems . . .

post a hijack thi log, which someone will be able to analyse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-sort-of-something-is-giving-me-problems.214547/
Relevancy 48.16%

Well no matter what I ve tried my computer seems intent in eing a insert bad word here Specs and such ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JAVIERXP Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer VIA Technologies Inc System Model KT - BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode The tower either starts to beep after every seconds a semi long continous beep and then it just repeats itself And it goes indefinetly Then I figured how to apprently reset it by removing a small pin like cover and putting it back again and it works BUT only temporarily as it Tower Problems still New giving presents itself to be rather unstable Sometimes it beeps like it passed but doesn t do anything else Sometimes it statys stuck at the Console selection menu Sometimes New Tower still giving Problems it stays New Tower still giving Problems stuck at the Configuration New Tower still giving Problems menu Last Known working configuration menu thingy Sometimes after multiple resets it gets into win xp but then suddenly just turns off and auto resets itself Sometimes it just falls back to that long continious beep every three seconds again which at time it happens I can t go into the system and have to remove the little pin cover and replace it again I REALLY dont want to take it to a techie but Im beginning to think I would have Any one knows whats going on Ah yes when it does go back in soemtimes an error window appears I jotted down the errors Here s a list of errors the machine has given me BCCode d BCP D BCP BCP BCP B OSVer SP Product BCCode BCP FFFDB D BCP BCP BF B BCP OSVer SP Product BCCode BCP FFFDB D BCP BCP BF B BCP OSVer SP Product BCCode BCP FFFDE D BCP BCP BF B BCP OSVer SP Product So I dont know whether this is software or hardware related anymore nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-tower-still-giving-problems.21366/