Windows Support Forum

Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Q: Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Suddenly my HP ENVY has stopped giving me a low battery notification I have gone through and tried to reset it many different times and nothing seems to work I know that th notifications are on but they just aren't showing up When I go through all of the settings everything seems to look right so I don't really know what is going on Does anyone have suggestions I've looked through some of the battery a HP my showing low notificatio... Envy Why has stopped different forums and been able to do the simpler stuff but I know that some people say to uninstall and reinstall things and I'm not quite brave enough to do that I have done the battery calibration and it says that it's a Good I think that this all happened after I had a update it just randomly disappeared one day I'm really getting sick of my computer just going into sleep mode suddenly it dims the screen around and then when it gets to when it should show the message it just sleeps nbsp nbsp Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why has my HP Envy stopped showing a low battery notificatio...

Hi @D-Knight, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that the low battery notification does not show on your laptop. I want to help. Here is a link of YouTube video which may help. Let me know if it works. To say "Thank you", click on the "Thumb up" icon. If the problem is solved, please click on "Accepted as Solution". Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Why-has-my-HP-Envy-stopped-showing-a-low-battery/td-p/5588342
Relevancy 24.94%

So I was downloading a game . After the download finished a clicked on play to well.... Start playing and something wierd happened. My screen went blue (screen colour when nothing in being recieved) At first I thought it was the in game resolution so I tried pressing alt and enter to change the view from full screen to windowed. I also tried pressing alt and f4 to try and close the game but still nothing was showing. So I hard reseted my pc. The msi logo boot up shows normally but after the logo the screen stops showing anything. I tried changing hdmi ports and the first time this happened it fixed the problem. But because I'm stupid I tried booting up the game again and the same thing happened but changing ports didn't work this time. I tried everything but nothing has worked. If anyone could help it would be very appreciated. Also I can't boot into safe mode because I'm using win8.1 and also an ssd.

My specs: msi mobo
Gpu: gtx 760 2gb
8gb ram
SSD
Normal HDDHDD
600W power supply

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-not-showing-output.215936/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today, my external hard drive has not appeared on my PC. It did work before I went to sleep yet when I began my PC in the next morning, it didn't show. Can you please help me how to fix this?

A:External hard drive not showing up on my PC

Hello there,

There are a lot of different reasons for an HDD to stop showing. A few things you can try are:

Try using a different USB cable, make sure it is as short as the original one, or even shorter. This is important it terms of providing enough power for the drive to function properly.

Try connecting it to different USB ports.

Try connecting it to a different PC.

Sometimes the drive can misbehave due to insufficient power even if it appears to be spinning make sure you connect the HDD directly to the USB port and not through a USB hub.

Check if you can see the HDD in Windows Device Manager and in Disk Management. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-my-pc.209548/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Gateway NE56R34u Laptop, I tried to check the drivers in device manager and it seems that everything has been installed properly or no missing drivers found but when I tried to check some of my hardware in DXDIAG showing N/A for (operating system, processor video etc.) I also tried to update it or uninstall the driver but still the same help me out please thank you

A:Have drivers but showing in DXDIAG N/A

I also uploaded some information so atleast it will be easier for some to determine my issue thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-drivers-but-showing-in-dxdiag-n-a.215501/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have been experiencing this battery in drain but plugged L745 Toshiba charging says to continues problem for quite a while now Whenever I plug in my laptop while it Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain s in use the power and battery LED lights would suddenly turn red and start blinking Whenever that happens my battery will say it s quot Plugged in charging quot though the battery percentage continues to go down and my Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain laptop would eventually warn Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain me about having my power being to low and is need of charging I have to remove the ac plug then put it back again for it to stop though it will come back again and I would repeat the process until it s fully charged The battery still works and charges it does not even drain that fast except when I m doing some heavy work that is in need to consume more power Also I have already tried using it without the battery attached and it still works Though recently it blacked out when I was playing C I ve been playing on it for hours at most I thought that the reason this happens is because the laptop stops receiving any electricity power but I don t know which is at fault Can you please give me any idea of what may be wrong It s really starting to annoy me nbsp

A:Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain

I would suggest that you replace that battery, especially if it is over a year old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l745-says-plugged-in-charging-but-battery-continues-to-drain.187328/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have no clue if I'm posting this in the correct place but here it goes my Sell insperion laptop worked just fine as of a couple of days ago. We ended up connecting it to the Ethernet cord and it works. We've tried restarting it numerous times and it doesn't recognize any networks. Any suggestions?

A:Wi-Fi stopped working now only works wired

Have you checked under your Device Manager to see if the WiFi was disabled for some reason? Does your Dell have a physical WiFi button, and is it turned on? You could also go to the Dell website and download the WiFi device drivers for your specific laptop. Un-install the WiFi drivers, reboot and then re-install them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped-working-now-only-works-wired.212471/
Relevancy 24.51%

My Dell has been acting up pretty recently (6 months old and still under warranty), and the battery does not charge past 80%. Once it get's near the 80% charge, it immediately fills up to 100%.

I've remembered using the laptop for more than 6 hours under moderate use but now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Please give me some advice because I'm really dependent on this laptop.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437 Battery Issue

You have 6 or 8 cells battery. If 6 it's normall. Should work about 2-max 3 hours when new. On 8 cells could work till 5 h.
Producers give only 6 months of warranty on bateries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-battery-issue.210804/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 24.08%

I and Driver responding stopped recovered has purchased an HP-f wm with an Intel N processor about a month ago It s running Windows I also bought a mouse for it since it s not a touch screen that allows me to scroll side to side and makes not having the touch screen easier to Driver stopped responding and has recovered operate The what I thought was Driver stopped responding and has recovered mouse started freezing in the middle of using it to surf the net or working in documents it Driver stopped responding and has recovered just freezes for a bit then starts working again Last night I got an error message after it did this saying the driver had stopped working and recovered I didn t notice that it said which driver I found a fix for this on the Microsoft website but it was for Windows I have tried to do all the updates that it needed when I first got it but I have to do them a few at a time as they fail if I try to do them all at once I have gone through and done several of these one at a time Recent updates have successfully installed it s just the ones needed when I first started using it that are a problem I have about left from Sept-Dec Any advice would be appreciated I got this from Amazon so I have no support nor can I return it nbsp

A:Driver stopped responding and has recovered

Two suggestions:

Try installing the software under "Windows 7" preferances. When you go to install the software (I do not have windows 8.1 myself, just going off Windows 7 features) Right click the installer and go to properties. Under "Compatibility" select "Compatibility Mode" as "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7.

Also select the "Priviledge Level" to make sure there is a checkmark in "Run this program as an administrator"
The other option is to find any driver software that is installed with the mouse and ensure that it is changed to these settings as well. If you want me to go into depth about how to do that I can explain further. But the general idea is to find the .EXE for the software that starts with windows and change the properties to the same as you did with the installer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.208879/
Relevancy 23.65%

hello techspot, I keep getting this error when I play games in my computre. what should I do to fix this error?

A:Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

I get this error every once and a while. Updating your GPU drivers usually solves the issue. Do you know what GPU you are running? Post your full system specs below and then we can go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered.204745/
Relevancy 24.51%

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

A:Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 24.94%

Smartphone manufactures have focused in bringing innovative features to the phone and adding the same yearly basis. Why someone does not focus in increasing the battery life in smartphone.

Looks like served with all different cuisine of food on a table, but don't have hands to eat it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-life-is-drowning.208428/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a toshiba satellite C870-11H. It used to ask for the password whenever it went to sleep. I checked and the system is still set to do so.

Some time ago I got fed up with the clowns at Microsoft thinking their latest update was more important than whatever I happened to be doing and destroying the work I was doing so they could load their rubbish. I set the system to ask me before doing an update. Well it doesn't bother to do that and now very rarely it does load an update without authority. Could it be that my system is now way out of date?

Is there a customer focused operating system that I could use instead?

Thanks.

A:Laptop stopped asking for password

Every OS is customer focused. Microsoft is for non-Mac machines and getting things done. Linux is more powerful but requires more techy-ness to use.

Maybe try Mac OSX.

But there's nothing wrong with Windows. Sounds like you have a decent amount of problems.
Run WIndows update, make sure it's completed every update.
Run CMD.exe in admin mode, run sfc /scannow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stopped-asking-for-password.204405/
Relevancy 24.08%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

A:Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-stated-as-plugged-in-not-charging.203683/
Relevancy 24.51%

Good day PC masters/expert/etc, can I ask something? about my computer, the cmos battery of my motherboard just last with in a week what should I do? need some help or tips, thanks a lot

-gaz

A:Cmos Battery Drain Fast

Gazher said:

Good day PC masters/expert/etc, can I ask something? about my computer, the cmos battery of my motherboard just last with in a week what should I do? need some help or tips, thanks a lot

-gazClick to expand...

I am not an expert. my limted experience with CMOS battery (CR2032) tells me that it will last for years. for replacement, I use energizer brand which costs less than a dollar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-drain-fast.206249/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have 2 new external hard discs do show on my computer .They are running but not showing in PC.What to do ? Thank you

A:External hard drives not showing up

Hello,

I'm not completely certain that I understood your situation. I wonder if it's possible to clarify the question? Otherwise Disk Management is a good place to start looking for a missing HDD.
If the HDD is brand new you might need to initialize it. This is needed if below the disk it says ?Not Initialized?. Right-click on the Disk that says ?Not Initialized? and click ?Initialize Disk?. Then you will have the option to choose between MBR and GPT. If the drive is more than 2 TB you should use GPT, if not you could use MBR as well. Once the Disk is listed as Basic and online right click the unallocated space and click create a ?New Simple Volume?. For the file system choose ?NTFS? if you want to use the HDD on Windows.

Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drives-not-showing-up.205942/
Relevancy 23.22%

My year old ACER Aspire keyboard just stop working in a couple of capacities First the numbers on the key wouldn t type at all Checked Num Lock fine then stopped some thing... Laptop working wrong the type and keys tried to type numbers at top of keyboard well some typed the right number but most didn t or typed more than one number Ran Webroot Anti-spyware and Anti-Virus clean Then I shook my computer to see if any crumbs or foreign materials were throwing something off clean Took out battery nada Restored computer to the day before any problems Changed nothing Pressed every Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... key to see if something was stuck or key broken None The Delete Backspace Enter and Space Bar do NOT work at all So basically the entire keyboard is not working due Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing... to something If I type any one key some of them type what I wanted but continue to type the letter or number until I log out of my Google Engine I have always had issues with the keyboard I will be typing along and the cursor will randomly go back to previous sentences and start typing what I am currently typing It is so annoying Why is it hopping all over the place A computer major friend who teaches computer classes said to write to Google and maybe I would find others with similar problems I found several quot sticky keys quot problems but none on point with none of the keys working or working properly He suggested perhaps a Trojan Horse virus but my sweeps come up clean Can anyone help me Thank you Shawnascy nbsp

A:Laptop keys stopped working and some type the wrong thing...

It could be a virus. But It also could just be your keyboard is bad. You may need to take it to your local repair shop if it. Is a laptop and have them check the keyboard out for you. I really do not think it is a virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-some-type-the-wrong-thing.204613/
Relevancy 24.51%

Not only has the wifi stopped working I don't even see the list of available networks anymore. I must plug in the Ethernet cable to access the internet. I think I may have a virus. I just purschased this laptop a few months ago. It is an Acer Aspire

A:Wi-Fi stopped

First, ensure the driver is healthy. Use the command prompt to run devmgmt.msc,
[+] expand the Network Adapters and the NIC and WiFi devices should be there without and red/yellow flags

You might look for driver updates for the WiFi

What make/model is your router? Have you undated it YET?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-stopped.204390/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 24.94%

In regards to my Vista Home Premium I've had problems with it possibly due to a bad or dying CMOS battery & possibly defective battery as I posted in here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
The most recent time was mentioned here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-vs-ipad.203396/#post-1410844
Ok, I know I can google for info but since I trust the knowledgeable people in here, I'm asking for help because I want to find out if it'll be worth getting it fixed/repaired or getting an iPad instead.
The Vista laptop was 2nd hand
The Vista battery is VGP-BPS9/S 11. 1V/4800mAh

A:CMOS & Laptop battery

Get the laptop fixed or not? If yes, a ball park guesstimate as to how much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-laptop-battery.203425/
Relevancy 24.08%

The Seagate Momentus 5400.6 hard drive I'm using is from my old laptop it has 4 disks.
After I put it in the (IT-CEO IT-700) enclosure, and connect it to my new laptop it does not show up in 'My Cumputer' and 'Disk Management', but displays in the 'device and printer' section of control pannel.
I also can't eject the hard drive, even when I'm not doing anything to it, the (IT-CEO IT-700) enclusre's blue signal light just keeps flashing for a while then goes off for a sec, then resume flashing again.
My laptop also keeps trying to install the hard drive.

I tried reinstall the hard drive's driver, but that did not solve the problem.

Please Help.

A:External Hard drive not showing up in 'My Computer', and 'Disk Management'

Have you tried using different drive enclosure other than the IT-CEO IT-700?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-and-disk-management.201875/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi you all!

I have an Asus Laptop, last generation i7, 8gb... almost nice. Code: N550LF

Problem: I have to work all day with my laptop, with graphic software and so on.
Almost 10/12 hours or more per day. In my old Dell (I had it for 5 years) I changed for this reason the battery every year.
It is extremely important for my work, even if not everyone cares about battery.

Requested solution: what can I do to preserve (as much as possible) the battery?

What others said: A friend of mine told me to always plug in the computer, because the computer doesn't charge the battery when it is full. In this way I can preserve the battery.
The Asus website doesn't give any advice about it.
The official support by mail told me to not plug the battery when it is 100% charged. This could be dangerous. So, no way to preserve it.

And in your opinion?

Thank you in advance

A:Battery advice

Batteries these days like to stay between 20% and 90% charge.
Leaving the laptop/device plugged in when it reaches 100% does no damage, as most devices have an automatic charge cut-off. So you won't over-charge your batteries.
The problem is, that you're keeping the battery between 98-100% charge all the time, when this is not a sweet spot for the battery at all. It will degrade very slightly faster.
Therefore, in order to keep maximum battery life, keep battery between 20-90% charge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-advice.203623/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I have been trying to find a replacement battery for my HP G70 laptop. On the old battery it says to replace with battery 485041-003 but there doesn't seem to be any HP batteries and the names on the batteries and, indeed, the companies who are selling them, are companies that I have never heard of. I have looked at the reviews for most of them and there are mixed renews but a lot saying the batteries do not last as long as the old one. Given that anyone can set up a ficticious company and call it co.uk, which company in the UK do you recommend?

Compused

A:Best battery (485041-003) for HP G70 Laptop

Have a look at the following, which by the way was a link via HP's site. I clicked on Find Additional Services on the right.

http://www.best2serve.com/batteries/KS524AA_hp-notebook-6-cell-battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-battery-485041-003-for-hp-g70-laptop.201052/
Relevancy 24.51%

HELP!!!

I have a 500gb external hard drive which, up until a few days ago, was working absolutely fine.

When I would plug it in to my laptop the device was found under 'my computer'.but would not open. Instead when I tried to open it my computer froze and the 'not responding' message was shown, resulting in a forced close of my computer. Now when I attach the hard drive and open 'my computer' the hard drive does not show at all, but 'my computer' still shows the message 'not responding', resulting in a forced close.

I've been on to a couple of forums already and tried the route of right clicking 'my computer', 'manage' and 'disk management'; but the hard drive does not appear there.

I'm at a total loss what to do and would massively appreciate your help as I have backed up company data on to this hard drive.

Thank you in advance!

A:External hard drive not showing in My Computer

Hey pcrquals. I would try the drive in another pc to narrow down where the problem is, a problem with the drive itself, or a problem with the pc recognizing the drive, which might be a problem with the USB port(s) or with the USB drivers. Does another USB device like a flashdrive work when plugged into the same port?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-not-showing-in-my-computer.191206/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 24.51%

My graphic card showing error on Pc starting
When I start the computer it restarting with this error vt-x1550pci256

this error showing on top left on screen what I do Now ?

if u want more information let me know.
ps : sorry for my bad english

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-x1550-error-showing.199875/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi , since I reinstalled windows 7, am not seeing the wifi icon anymore , all I see is the ethernet icon with a red cross , even though am connected to a wifi, here is a screenshot http://prntscr.com/2fpmcu , I've tried a lot of tips ,posted in alot of forums , but none helped , I have the network icon enabled on the Notification Area Icons , but still doesnt work, I hope u'll give me a solution here , am already tired of this thing , annoying .
Thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-icon-not-showing.199011/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be here is my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC BIOS InsydeH O Version CCB F Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n a and there are no driver details either Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such nbsp

A:Dual graphics card showing up as N/a DXdiag

firz3h said:

Hi guys im not sure what the problem here or if this is supposed to happen. I have the latest AMd drivers for my video card I have checked direct x version and every thing and im not sure where to go now google hasnt helped much. I was wondering if you guys knew what a solution could be.

the main problem is as you can see in the pic below is everything is n/a and there are no driver details either. Could this cuase slight graphics problems when playing games and such?

View attachment 77579

also not sure if it installed correctly as it shows up like this in device manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-graphics-card-showing-up-as-n-a-dxdiag.198839/
Relevancy 27.09%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 25.37%

I got a sony erricsson Xperia X10 for over a year and now the battery life become awful. If I plugged it in through night then unpluged it at 7 am, but it was about to 0% by 11 am and I was getting a warn to recharge it. This has been really awful. I don't use it as my basic phone already so there are only several apps on the phone. The email wasn't set to push and I only refresh the emails when I want to check them, so its saving some battery, I have done the same with facebook, and the weather. These are the only apps on my X10. I was told to get a new extra battery probabaly a mpj one.
Wondering whether the battery is the culprit and my stock one is going to die completely?

A:The battery about to die?

Have you googled your question ? Just curious.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-battery-about-to-die.197509/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an Acer laptop I bought last January Wear? Minimize Battery It s a Minimize Battery Wear? month laptop and someone told me that I should be removing the battery when I am using AC power I was hesitant at first so I installed a software called BatteryBar Pro Upon installing I was surprised that my battery wear was already at Minimize Battery Wear? I was surprised that I had already wore of my battery in just months Now I am worried that it will not last longer as expected I use my laptop for coding gaming and browsing mostly on gaming and I always run on AC power while the battery is plugged in I tried some suggestions like removing the battery while on AC but when I did my laptop did not power up It does not open if the battery is out and AC is plugged in I always put my laptop on an elevated stand I constructed when using it but is this enough Are there any other ways to minimize my battery wear Thank you nbsp

A:Minimize Battery Wear?

If your laptop allows you to, some laptops have an option to confine the battery to between 20% and 85% or something. That'll reduce wear if you can enable that. It'll also help if you manually do that as well.

Li-Ion/LiPo "wear" is well documented and the causes are well known for consumer chemistries.
Storing at high temperatures will increase degradation.
Storing at 4.2v/cell (fully charged) will increase degradation.
Keeping it below ~3.0v/cell (discharged) will degrade it.

So, in general, spend as little time as possible depleted or fully charged. If you fully charge it before leaving for the day, then start using it within a few hours, the wear is very minimal so you shouldn't worry about fully charging it if you're planning on using it soon, just don't store it for long periods fully charged.
Likewise if you leave it fully depleted for a long while, that will also accelerate wear.

If you need to store it, 40% charge (3.85v/cell) is commonly recommended but there is very little difference between storing it between 20% and 80% charge. Again the only times that storage can heavily degrade the battery is if it's fully charged (4.2v) or fully discharged (<3.3v resting)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minimize-battery-wear.196805/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 24.51%

My friend leaning towards to have a Droid Razr Maxx recently because she has special favor to Motorola probably first mobile phone she had but I am feeling that Maxx life About Razr & size battery the screen size is a bit of a double About Razr Maxx size & battery life edged sword because she is a BB user now familiar with the Qwerty keyboard The larger screen About Razr Maxx size & battery life creates a fantastic visual experience when browsing but I m guessing she will not used to it She also feel like the larger screen and keyboard along with swype will be easier to About Razr Maxx size & battery life get over the lack I do not know much about this model though I owned a doridX so I wander if it was a bit big and have you gotten used to its size over time And also I heard that its battery life last long and have no idea whether it is true My droidX indeed have an impressive performance before even if I unplugged the phone off the charger at am not to put it back on the charger before I crashed out at night and woken up next day the battery still at about Through one day I kept the wifi was on all day I played an hours worth of home run derby I watched a few you tube videos surfed a little net and I have all my accounts synced up tofacebook myspace yahoo hotmail google and twitter I also have a live wallpaper running In the end I my battery never hit the quot red quot and was a little over hours of battery life before I put it on the charger I recommanded droidX to her but she wants a more recent model nbsp

A:About Razr Maxx size & battery life

Why don't you install a larger memory card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-razr-maxx-size-battery-life.196339/
Relevancy 24.51%

Though BB launched for quite long time I just got one last month and this is the second BlackBerry I reached my friend owned a BlackBerry Z Here is my personal feelings increase life? battery To BB10 my of BB focusing on its battery life during a month of usage but probably To increase my BB10 battery life? most users are quite up on it already My BB has been updated will result in a longer battery life but for heavy users like me Coming from the previous note it can no provide enough power Sometimes I unplugged at morning a m and can hardly last till p m only some calls and browsing It last - hours on average with OEM battery but over hours per day with the MPJ mAh extended battery I got from my friend I have tired some apps like Battery Guru and lower setting but not particularly pleased to the result especially some apps doesn t seem to detect when the battery is being charged Like most my previous cell phones I have spend the better part of each day looking for a place to plug it in and top up the charge until the friend owned Z gave his spare MPJ replacement battery to me I never had a car charger and never needed one just believe they are not good for mobile phone so I purchased a corresponding MPJ charger myself To sum up my feeling it is a great BlackBerry bussiness phone as always but If you are a heavy user this is not the phone for you unless you got a powerbank or replacement battery Also I wander if there other ways to increase battery life nbsp

A:To increase my BB10 battery life?

Try lowering your usage and closing background apps. I am not too familiar with BB10 so I cannot help much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-increase-my-bb10-battery-life.196375/
Relevancy 24.08%

So earlier today I was going to a friends so decided to put my laptop in hibernate mode I have used this before with no problems but stopped Laptop working when I got back and opened the lid of my laptop nothing happened I tried moving the mouse and pressing the power button although I ve never Laptop stopped working had to do this before it always comes on when I open the lid the power light came on but no fans no sign of the screen coming on I tried holding down the power button to turn it off although the power light still stayed on I removed the battery and put it back in and got the same problem power light on but nothing else I tried taking out the battery and using my charger still got the same problem I am using windows and a couple year old Toshiba laptop cant remember name at the moment but if needed I could probably find out Any help ideas are greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop stopped working

Sounds like the motherboard has fried...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-stopped-working.195220/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I have a inch mac mid Its a Mac OS X Lion So I bought this hard disk Samsung gb ST a year or two ago and then did the correct formatting so it could run on the mac This summer I took it off my mac for about a month and now I felt like listening to Wilko s Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and realized it was on the hard disk so I put it back on and now its not showing up It was fine before I tried going in disk utilities and it shows up there so I verified it and although it didn t notify me for any repairments I still clicked on working on stopped Hard disk mac My repair and it didn t help Theres a lot more info there then just that album a whole lot of great movies tv shows and a big library of great music that I was looking forward to get back into as well as a couple programs also plug ins for my My Hard disk stopped working on mac ableton so now I cant open up my projects either So I really don t wanna format it Any help will be greatly appreciated theres a lot of info on this hard disk nbsp

A:My Hard disk stopped working on mac

In Disk Utility, does the disk show a partition? If so, highlight that partition, and then in the bottom left of that window there will be a blue clickable 'link'. Click that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hard-disk-stopped-working-on-mac.195829/
Relevancy 24.51%

My iphone 4S can not support whole day use as the battery nearly drain .

So I searched iphone 4S external battery in amazon and find Plush cartoon toys power banks AD below. The price is 29.99$ a little expensive as its 5200mAh. T

http://amazon.com/Constellations-Thunderbolt-Incredible-Blackberry-Fashionable/dp/B00DJ3DZK2 (avoild link, delet url space when past in IE)

Also I found a external battery case here :

http://www.amazon.com/Power-External-Protective-Battery-iPhone/dp/B00409E4JK/

The battery capacity is only 1700mAh but can be used as a case protector for iphone 4s

Which one I should bought or

do anyone find the similar high capacity like 10000mAh but cheaper one in ebay buy.com or amazon and other place?

A:Power bank or external battery case?

Before you invest in more equipment, try to reduce power consumption (see this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-bank-or-external-battery-case.195897/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have a HP Laptop it?s but with newish software running vista. Its all been working fine form about a year or so. The other day some of the keys stopped working, I have not dropped it or spilled anything on it. I turned it and when I tried to go back in to it, it came up with the black BIOS screen. However as the keys were not working it would not let me select anything (i.e safe mode) it times down to open in the already highlighted section which was rum window as normal (or something like that) it then gave a blue screen and said it was doing a crash dump. After this it went back to the black BIOS screen and repeated the whole thing. Its stuck in some sort of loop. I don?t have any disks to reinstall what can I do???

A:Laptop keys stopped working and now I can use BIOS

I'm going to have your thread moved to a more appropriate hardware forum. Consider the possibility tat the keyboard may be defective and you may have to replace it. That is no problem- I just replaced mine.

Stay subscribed so you'll know when you get reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keys-stopped-working-and-now-i-can-use-bios.171636/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone was hoping I could get some help here I m External stopped with Drive working has Hard windows a pretty advanced user so I External Hard Drive has stopped working with windows ve already done the usual troubleshooting and everything but my problem persists I have a TB external Hard drive that I ve been using for like months I ve never had any problems with it until now It suddenly decided to stop working on windows I ve tried it on around different windows PCs and laptops ranging from XP to windows and it doesnt work on any of them It does however work perfectly well on Ubuntu This has led me to believe that there is either a windows-specific virus on it or something I have opened it up and connect it via SATA cable as well so its not the casing When the hard drive is plugged in the light is on and a new drive Local Disk E shows but it should be called Touro and I can t do anything with the drive if I click on it windows explorer freezes When I open Disk Management it sticks on quot Connecting to Virtual Disk quot something but never ever loads but the second I take the drive out it continues to load and works normally I have scanned the entire drive took a day and found no threats so I am completely stumped Basically I either need someone to tell me the exact problem and a way to fix it without formatting my drive or alternative ways around it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External Hard Drive has stopped working with windows

What file system does the drive use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-has-stopped-working-with-windows.194722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I don't know why but some games that I play have no audio. I go in the settings of the games and its not the game itself. I think its my computer and I'm not sure if its some settings that got put on some how. One thing im confused about is, it's not all the games, some do have sound but its not the ones I play the most. What should I do?

Games I play are, Without sound: StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod (or simplified my Valve and Blizzard games)
With sound: Terraria, Realm Of The Mad God,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-for-some-games-stopped-working.194687/
Relevancy 24.08%

My son was using my computer temporarily for work. He was uninstalling Abobe Illustrator and needed to restart to complete the uninstall. When the computer restarted, the monitor ceased to get a signal from the computer. Have tried unplugging the monitor for a bit, tried restarting in safe mode - nothing has worked. Has the monitor somehow been fried from just a restart?

A:Monitor stopped working after uninstall

Really I don't think it fried from a restart. It just may have went bad. Have you tried another monitor to make sure. It could also be your on board Graphics or graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stopped-working-after-uninstall.194220/
Relevancy 28.38%

When I bought this computer it had windows 7 on it. it ran everything lag/shutter free. I have since upgraded to windows 8 then to 8.1. The problem is the audio and video noticeably lags/shutters. As if the entire computer is pausing. I have talked to HP tech support and they only reinstalled the drivers. All drivers are current. I am fairly sure it has something to do with the HD4k graphics but I do not know for sure. I was hoping the 8.1 would resolve the problem but it has not. I have this problem whenever I watch videos (on the internet or from file) and when I play World of tanks. Any help would be great

A:HP envy 1038-nr

I seen similar comments re "since upgrading to Win/8" and (imo) think the drivers are not 'fully compatible' with the new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-1038-nr.194074/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey everyone I have an old laptop with a battery that lasts about h in quot Power Saving quot mode I m going to be stuck next week for about hours at a location with few available public outlets and need to stretch my battery life as much as possible I ve already for battery to Looking life extend ways "techie" done the obvious generic tips of quot defragging the hard drive quot quot dimming the screen quot quot using few no external devices quot quot tweaking my power usage settings quot etc but it s not enough I m looking for some good quot techie quot solutions now like quot underclocking the CPU quot or quot removing the CD drive quot All suggestions are appreciated I d love to try to squeeze another hours out of this battery if possible no I don t have another battery and don t need to buy one just for this one event Thx PS Another idea Removing HDD and booting from USB Flash drive nbsp

A:Looking for "techie" ways to extend battery life

Removing the HDD and booting from a flash drive is probably the worst decision you can make. Flash drives have very slow speeds (even though they are flash memory, they arent fast) and very little capacity. Keep the HDD.

There are only a few more ways to improve battery life other than dimming your screen and adjusting the power usage settings. Under-clocking the CPU is really done by the "power saving" mode.

Try these suggestions:
1) Run this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_battery_power_settings
2) Turn of your network adapter. There is usually a switch on the side of the PC that toggles the network adapter on and off. That will save you a ton of power. Also make sure bluetooth is off. I dont think your older PC will have it, but just make sure.
3) Use this tool to remove any unnecessary processes from start up. This will speed up your computer while also reducing the amount of processes that run (thus reducing CPU and RAM usage).

I can suggest other options, I just need your OS. If it is Windows 7, it is easy too, if it is XP, I cant really help there since I forgot the OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-techie-ways-to-extend-battery-life.192163/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi,

I have had an Iomega external hard for a year now and it used to work perfectly, until suddenly, my computer (Mac) won't detect it anymore.

When I turn it on, the blue light comes on and I can hear the disk spinning inside, but there is no trace of any external device connected to my mac. I've connected through USB and Firewire with no success. Going to disk utility, only my internal hard drive appears.

It simply just stopped showing up on my computer. Does anybody have any advice to get my hard drive working again?

A:Iomega External Hard Drive stopped being detected

Try a different usb & firewire port physically on your mac & try a different cable. If no dice try it on a different mac or even on a PC, see if the other computer detects it. many times w/ external hard drives the enclosure fails but the drive is ok. worse case scenario the enclosure is bad & you can remove drive to put in another enclosure, or the whole thing could be hosed. try this, post back. thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-external-hard-drive-stopped-being-detected.192596/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello First time posting here I apologize if this is not in the correct forum Anyway I have been having some showing device Dxdiag not display trouble with my graphics card drivers I experienced some graphical glitches followed by a blue screen of death a few days ago and since then my graphics card has not been working I have groups of vertical lines running down my screen My dxdiag does not show anything for display device I am using Dxdiag not showing display device an NVIDIA GeForce GTS and when I open the device manager it gives me error code for display adapters Additionally when I try to open the NVIDIA control Dxdiag not showing display device panel it says I am not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU I have reinstalled the drivers several times using both the express and custom clean install I have run driver sweeper in safe mode Nothing I have done has had any effect Please help At this point I am assuming I need a new graphics card but am hoping there might be another issue Here is my dxdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DAN-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Driver Name Driver File Version Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B -B DAEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS B amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name HdAudio sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Microsoft HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Digital Audio S PDIF High Definition Audio Device Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV am... Read more

A:Dxdiag not showing display device

Are you sure your DVI, display port, HDMI, etc is connected to the graphics card not to the onboard graphics? Try reseating the card on another PCIe x16 slot. Make sure the display connections are connected to the GPU not the onboard graphics. Do the clean install to the latest stable drivers (314). Driver sweeper should have cured any software issues. If the reseating, checking the connectors, etc doesnt work, it is most likely an issue with the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dxdiag-not-showing-display-device.192194/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a problem with my desktop PC The USB ports are not working so I can t use my keyboard or mouse I m not sure if it has any connection with this but today I tried installing a SSD to my system with no luck While doing that I set the BIOS to AHCI as I read that would be the most optimal Well I kept getting errors trying to install Win to the SSD so I decided to save it for a later time Then I turned off my PC unplugged the SSD and plugged my HDD back in On boot up I entered BIOS and set settings to default After this my USB ports stopped working I have tried turning off my system unplugging the powercord and the CMOS battery for at least minutes with no luck I have also tried plugging my keyboard into every single USB port my PC has I can t even enter BIOS or press F to enter safe mode now Any suggestions stopped USB ports working I m using WinXP and my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- A-UD nbsp USB ports stopped working

A:USB ports stopped working

Borrow or purchase a ps2 kb. Enter BIOS and enable USB KB/Mouse. I'm not sure it is called exactly that, but it is something similar that you will be able to find. I too have a Gigabyte motherboard (older than yours even) and have had problems with it liking USB kb inputs until I explicitly set that in the BIOS. What is weird is sometimes USB will work if that isn't set, or sometimes it will half-*** work, as in I could get into the BIOS or force the boot selection menu, but then the kb wouldn't work.

So bottom line is, I know what you are describing, but I don't know of a good fix, outside of just acquiring a ps2 kb which will get you out of this situation 100% of the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-ports-stopped-working.191629/
Relevancy 24.94%

Purchased a Seagate TB SATA- rpm MB however when I hook it up to my existing system it shows as MB in explorer but GB in BIOS Called Seagate tech he gave me an intel link to update my MOBO however as it isnt over GB the update is no help - he asked did I use the seatools programme and I had already run a quick scan whcih it passed Ive tried to format the drive to seatools it took hours and didnt change anything tried it in a new build im doing but wont allow me to install windows and stops at the initial loading windows files dos screen at the beginning again BIOS shows full capacity Mobo on running machine is ASUS M a GTD Pro -AM and New build has a ASRock GX extreme Seagate guy asked me to run full hour scan on the drive this evening using seatools and see what outcome is Anybody out there experianced similar problems nbsp

A:Seagate HDD 2TB showing as 38MB

What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hdd-2tb-showing-as-38mb.191379/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey,
I am using a USB keyboard and it is showing weird bahaviour It stops working all of a sudden and then to make it work I have to unplug it and then plug again,but the problem resurfaces...
please help...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-showing-weird-behaviour.191090/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,
I have a problem with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on my HP - nc6220 laptop, WinXP professional sp2.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio just stopped working, I tried reinstalling it but it always says that there was a problem during installation and it might not work properly.

In Control Panel>Sounds and Audio devices it's all grayed out so I cannot do anything there.
In device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark, I tried disable-enable but it does not help.
I also tried updating the driver, re-enabling windows audio in services, even reinstalled Windows and installing sp3.

Also I tried an USB sound card and it is working well.

Is there anything else I could do, or maybe SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio is just broken and cannot be fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-integrated-digital-audio-stopped-working.190808/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a previously functional hard drive that is no longer recognized by the BIOS Other drives are working fine Just not this one It has no scary not up drive in showing Hard BIOS clicking or grinding noises It sounds lovely in fact Normal health read and spinning sounds It even has the gyroscope Hard drive not showing up in BIOS feel if I pick it up Stuff I have tried unsuccessfully Restart the computer Restart the computer again just in case Swap out cabling Use an external power source Use a SATA-to-USB adapter Use a different motherboard Hard drive not showing up in BIOS with a different BIOS and a different power supply Use a different motherboard with the USB adapter Swap out the controller board for a new one--same model and revision but stole the flash memory chip off the old board so it had its calibration information right I m thinking that the platters and read head and all are good I seem to have ruled out the controller board as the culprit Anybody have any ideas what might be the issue nbsp

A:Hard drive not showing up in BIOS

You've pulled out all the stops. If the BIOS doesn't see the drive, there's not really anything more you can do. Drive has failed somehow. Send back to mfg. if still under warranty. Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-bios.180980/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi
I am using a iomega prestige external hard drive. I have uses this for years with no problem. All of a sudden it as stopped working. It shows up in the listed devices but is inaccessible. It shows up as drive e in the device management. I have assigned another drive letter but with no success. I have removed and reinstalled with no success. It just will not show up in the my computer part. The drive makes no noise and the light does not flash but is receiving power. When I removed the item it did reinstall again no joy. I am now worrying as I have important data on it. My virus scanner also recognises the device and when I run this it finds nothing to scan. Can anyone help?

A:Iomega Prestige external hard drive stopped working

Use the Disk Manager to view the partition - - there should be some info if you click on the device. If not, the partition damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/iomega-prestige-external-hard-drive-stopped-working.190614/
Relevancy 23.65%

Everything was working fine for a few weeks now it just refuses to connect I ve tried Internet stopped working, unidentified network MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA G Ver which has always worked in the past amp was originally working on the PC until it randomly stopped All my other devices PC s can connect just fine I have a Netgear Router amp A Motorolla Modem both up to date PLEASE HELP THIS IS FRUSTRATING I ve tried -Resetting Router Modem Multiple Times -Changing Router Frequency from to -Changing MAC Address -Deleted Norton Antivirus -Deleted Bonjour -Tried Windows Repair -Tried System Restore to when it worked Nothing seems to be working Heres my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Frostymcburg-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Internet stopped working, unidentified network Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DC- Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address - F-E - - B-A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ef ab ad e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - E- B- A- - F-E - - B-A DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D - C- - E -A DF DC Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Internet stopped working, unidentified network

chris iagallo said:

Everything was working fine for a few weeks, now it just refuses to connect. I've tried MULTIPLE fixes for this problem but just cant seem to get it back and running again.

Im using a Linksys Wireless Gaming WGA54G Ver. 2.1 which has always worked..... I have a Netgear Router & A Motorolla Modem. both up to date. PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS FRUSTRATING!Click to expand...

So how are these wired? Like this?

Code:
ISP==> Motorolla --->NetGear--->WGA54g ??
(copy and correct if necessary)

I've tried:
-Resetting Router/Modem Multiple Times
-Changing Router Frequency from 6 to 11
-Changing MAC Address
-Deleted Norton Antivirus
-Deleted Bonjour
-Tried Windows Repair
-Tried System Restore to when it worked

Nothing seems to be working....Click to expand...

good try, but Bonjour is useful
WHAT VERSION OF WINDOWS? XP, Vista, Win/7

Heres my ipconfig /all:
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Frostymcburg-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid << great
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::25ef:53ab:67ad:9e20%11(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.158.32(Preferred) << this is the bug
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234889186
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-17-4E-5B-4A-00-1F-E2-56-5B-A8
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1 << these fail because IPv4 failed
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:
-----
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

You LAN connection is via ethernet cable and it can not find the router TO WHICH IT IS ATTACHED.

*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
power off the modem
power off the Netgear
*unplug the Wireless Gaming WGA54G until the wired works.
disconnect the computer from the router
Now wait 30-40 seconds between each of the following steps:
power up the modem
power up the Netgear
reconnect the computer to the netgear

get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

cope the results of the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: section and stop just short of Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling
come back here and paste the results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-stopped-working-unidentified-network.190284/
Relevancy 24.94%

At the weekend I installed an Asus P5W DH Deluxe after memory problems with P5Q Deluxe. I installed my 4Gb of Corsair RAM and it was showing 4Gb during POST. However, in the past 24hrs it is displaying 3.2Gb with the remaining 800Mb going towards 'Appropriated Memory'.

Why has this suddenly happened? I've never seen it happen on my other P5W DH mobo or the P5Q Deluxe.

Tom.

A:My RAM was showing 4GB in POST, now it shows 3.2GB?

Are you installing a 32-bit operating system?

A 32-bit operating system will not allow full use of your 4GB memory. If you want to use more than 3.2GB (give or take a few hundred MB), you will need a 64-bit operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-ram-was-showing-4gb-in-post-now-it-shows-3-2gb.190211/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey guys,
I just recently noticed my graphic cards seem to running or at least reporting 1GB vram instead of 3GB. Do you think they are defective? Take a look at these results. It's showing a total of 2GB vram for my cards after running Firestrike.
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/148413

Also, CPU-z is reporting 1GB as well as other benchmarking applications.
I attached a SS of my cpu report. Sorry about how crappy it is.

Anyone know what this could mean? Is it a glitch?

A:Sapphire HD 7950 showing 1GB instead of 3GB?

Have you tried flipping the bios switch on your cards?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-hd-7950-showing-1gb-instead-of-3gb.189828/
Relevancy 23.22%

I was playing Dard siders Suddenly I got a call in my mobile So I left the game running w o pausing and attended the call Suddenly I saw my monitor screen went off I checked the power connections VGA cable connection b w the monitor amp the CPU They were all fine I just can t see anything in the monitor The monitor 7750 HD fan display working & 1GB) (Powercolor Radeon No stopped LED is showing the status of quot no I p quot LED going on amp off I got confused and tried forced shutdown amp restarted the machine Everything is perfectly normal Even the beep sound from CPU But still there is no No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) display I was wondering whether the problem could be with the graphics card And later I confirmed it I found it lying dead inside the cabinet The fan is not running Hence I changed the VGA cable from the GPU port to Motherboard VGA port I saw the machine is ready for login in the monitor screen Therefore I decided that there is no issues any other components inside the cabinet I still had a doubt in the PCI slot of the motherboard Hence I swapped the GPU with another standy GPU ati radeon hd which I was using before I got the display from this card too Finally I concluded that the problem is with GPU only I was shocked since I bought this card for - INR last month No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) only Even I changed My PSU which provides Watts added GB of additional RAM amp a additonal CPU fan I still dont understand what has caused this failure I removed the card to see any H W faults But there is nothing in No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB) the card It still looks good When I reseat the card amp turn the power on The fan starts to rotate amp stops immediately spins less than quarter of sec Can anybody suggest any troubleshooting which can be done from my side Or please explain what has happened nbsp

A:No display & fan stopped working (Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB)

Could not really tell you why the card went bad, But they do sometimes. If you have a warranty on it . I would send it back for a replacement. Seeing as it not your main board . All your other video graphics work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-fan-stopped-working-powercolor-radeon-hd-7750-1gb.186625/
Relevancy 23.65%

There is some problem with my font USB ports. All was fine until yesterday when they stopped working. I havent made any hardware change. Installed windows 8 but that was last week.

I connect my Logitech Gamepad, the LED switches on but it doesnt show up in the control panel, works when connected to the rear USB port.

Please help..

A:Front USB ports suddenly stopped working

You might have to open up your case, trace back the cable, and re-plug it. It could be detached, or the USB controller on the front ports could be fried somehow too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/front-usb-ports-suddenly-stopped-working.189467/
Relevancy 22.79%

Help!!! yesterday it still working but today,no sounds come out from the speaker,I used headset to test it and it's work,but when I unplug my headset it still no sound,I already try to reboot using safe mode but getting confused.. what can I do???
f.y.I : I already check the sound driver,no question marks appeared.

A:My Acer Aspire 4741G laptop sounds suddenly stopped working

"I already checked the sound driver, no question marks appeared"... Do you mean no exclamation points like this (!)? If you can hear normal sound from the headset the sound driver is okay. This could be caused by a keyboard setting. Make sure the sound is all the way up and that it is not muted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-4741g-laptop-sounds-suddenly-stopped-working.189508/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi;
I have a 11yr old Dell Inspiron 8100 Notebook computer. It started shutting down mysteriously while working, and sometimes shuts down a second or two after powering on.
I was planning to scrap the thing, maybe try to sell it for parts on Ebay, but decided to take one more look.
Today I found that the CMOS battery (reserve battery) is bad. It is leaking but has not damaged anything.
Could the fact that this battery is bad (maybe shorted) cause the computer to shut down as I described?
Since I have the whole thing dis-assembled I can replace the battery easily. I found them on Ebay but not sure I should buy one there, since it could be an old battery that is no good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

FW

A:Can bad CMOS battery cause laptop to shut down?

The CPU cooling fan may be worn out and the thermal pads and paste may be seriously burned and dried out. I doubt if the laptop parts would be worth much because of the age...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-bad-cmos-battery-cause-laptop-to-shut-down.189440/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was using the internet on my laptop and the conection went off for a few seconds. After that, I couldn't access the router anymore, not even by cable. So I tried, te basic turn it on and off and I could access it by cable, but the wireless is still not working on my laptop. I checked if the wireless board was properly configured and everything seems alright.
I think the problem is on the laptop because the wireless works on my phone and tablet!

A:Wireless stopped working on my laptop

Is there by chance a switch you might of accidently flipped or a set of keys you accidently touched that tripped it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-stopped-working-on-my-laptop.189738/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a hp pavilion dv4 with 4gb ram and windows vista and it won't boot under battery power even though when I boot it up with ac power it says the battery is fully charged.

A:Battery power boot up problem

How old is the HP? If its been a few years since you bought it, you might try re calibrating the battery from the BIOS, most HP and Gateway computers have a utility inside the BIOS for calibrating the battery. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-power-boot-up-problem.189626/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi friends

Mine PC is running on a AMD quardracore, Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H, 4 GB DDR III 1600 Mhz Corsair Ram & Power supply along with 8400 GT nvidia . This PC has been OC to 3.2 ghz and is currently working at 3.2 ghz.

Recently I was getting BIOS notification to change the battery as everytime the BIOS had to be reset.

I changed the battery 3 days back but again after a day I again started getting the same notification of changing the battery.

Pls tell where could be the problem.

Regards

A:CMOS battery problem

Was the battery you replaced the bad one with brand new? Also make sure it is a 3V battery and to be safe, make sure it has the markings 'CR2032" on it (that is what mine has). Other batteries of the same size and voltage MAY be fine, but I can't really vouch for them. Also, if you have one, it might pay to check the batteries voltage with a multimeter.

Also, if you buy a new one, it might pay to make sure that it is meant for a computers motherboard, as some may or may not be, just to be on the safe side. I don't really know a great deal about these batteries.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-problem.189188/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have windows xp on my netbook. I manually removed the Internet Security 2012 virus. I checked and my tcp/ip is running but my netbt has stopped. When I go to
start>run>regedit
HKLM/system/current control set/services
NETBT is missing completely
Can anyone help me please. I cannot connect to the internet. I am pulling all 00000's

A:How to fix netbt stopped

The Netbt is NetBIOS over TCP and used for accessing systems on your LAN, not the internet per se.
You should be able to use email / browsers without netbt. Suggest you start by issuing IPCONFIG /ALL
and ensure your tcp settngs are correct.

In the meanwhile, I'll refer you to How to reinstall NetBIOS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-netbt-stopped.188656/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently purchased an Asus N56V Series laptop. The laptop has impressive specs, including an i7 Core and a Nvidia GT 635M graphics adaptor, so I can understand it having a below average battery life. However, I am only getting 1 to 2 hours of battery life on it, even when I am not running processor and graphic intensive programs. Product review indicate that will battery life for this laptop is below average, the battery should still last 4 hours under normal conditions.

Is there any reason why my battery life is so limited? Has anyone else had similar problems with this model of laptop?

Thanks for the help.

A:Surprisingly short battery life on new laptop

Are WiFi enabled or Bluetooth? Unless absolutely required, disable.

Also look thru the Control Panel for Power Options and be sure to reduce usage for the Battery Choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surprisingly-short-battery-life-on-new-laptop.188612/
Relevancy 24.08%

I tried looking around for a solution but can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue to mine. I just bought an ASUS usb n53 wireless adapter. I was previously using a Rosewill wireless adapter just before I installed the new one and everything with my connection was fine. After I downloaded the drivers off the disc and tried to open the utility program for the adapter I get this message: Wireless Lan Control Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Not sure what I need to do at this point. Thanks in advance for the help. Just let me know any info you need for me and I'll post back asap.

A:Wireless adapter has stopped working

I tried going to the ASUS website and downloading newer versions of the utility and drivers but to no avail. I also tried turning off my anti virus software but that didnt work either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-adapter-has-stopped-working.188388/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently got this computer from a friend so I have no idea how long this has been going on. Probably why he got rid of it. I will plug in the power cord and try to boot with the battery in and nothing will happen. If I reach under the laptop and remove the battery and then try to boot up it comes on like normal. I can then put the battery back in but it makes no difference after that. The battery is completely dead. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with a bad battery or what. The computer is a Dell Latitude D630. If I knew that putting a good new battery in it would fix it I would without hesitation I just need to know if that is the problem or is it another glitch. If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate if they would pass it on. Thanks

A:Cannot boot laptop unless battery is out

The charging system has too little capacity to run+charge at the same time. simple solution: buy a new battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-boot-laptop-unless-battery-is-out.187220/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a nvidia geforce2 mx/mx 400 128MB VGA card. when I turn on computer today, VGA memory is displayed as 64MB instead of 128MB.

what could be the issue ?

A:Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400 not showing actual memory

I can't say what the issue is but thats an old card and could be experiencing issues from aging.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce2-mx-mx-400-not-showing-actual-memory.187097/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all got above named computer and it had a faulty battery as it was not holding charge when unplugged it switched off. so bought the battery for it brand new by part number etc . put on charged to full and fine but then unplugged and after while it makes beeping noise beep beep etc does anyone know why its beeping thanks in advance

A:Toshiba Satellite m40 battery problem

You might try updating the bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m40-battery-problem.185255/
Relevancy 24.51%

I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong I do back ups I would say almost times a week I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay Now gone showing burning wrong DVD disc nothing now on the sessions some thing gone wrong When I click start computer DVD drive it shows no DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing files nothing It like the files got DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing deleted or it cannot see the files When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows MB used and that is about right I don t know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files But the properties it shows MB used that about right I was using windows vista built in burning software This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc I than tried Nero the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows sessions and MB used and that is about right I than tried to make copy of bad disc When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start computer DVD drive So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it nbsp

A:DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

Burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk is most likely the problem. (Ideally, you should be using an external hard drive to backup) You should use DVD-RW, rewritable, disks and just burn everything in one session, close the disk; then move onto next DVD-RW, burn everything, close disk. continue this until you are back to the original disk in a rotation, then erase the disk, and continue on.
As for why you cannot see data on the DVD-R disk, it's most likely because of the multiple sessions. On a DVD-R or +R disk you should burn once, and be done with it. You might be able to recover data with a 3rd party program, but since it's optical media my hopes are not high. Be sure to have the "show hidden files & folders" option ticked on so maybe, if the files are hidden on the DVD-R disk you might be able to see them.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps you in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-gone-wrong-now-disc-showing-nothing.184420/
Relevancy 24.08%

Have a external hard drive that was backed up on a macbook pro
using time machine. I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC
and it wont show up in My Computer.
But it does on device manager.
is there a problem with the external hardrive?

A:Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive not showing up on Windows?

It is likely formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled), HFS+. Windows can't natively read that.

"I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC" is a confusing statement. If you want to read the files on the drive from 7, you can't without a 3rd party tool. If you are just wanting to put stuff on there from the PC and don't care about the Mac backup, then just format the drive. Do that through Disk Management in the Admin Tools control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-windows.181241/
Relevancy 24.51%

My WD external harddrive will not show up on my macbook pro and I just bought it. I want to format it but as I said it doesn't show up, even when I go to disk utilities. The harddrive does show up on my windows. What to do?

A:WD external hard drive not showing up on Mac

http://support.wdc.com/product/install.asp?wdc_lang=en

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-mac.184234/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have had my ASUS G51VX laptop for a couple years now and it's still going strong. However, just recently the built-in SD card reader has stopped reading cards for some reason. When I pop in a card Windows will make the sound that a USB device has been plugged in and then a couple seconds later it will make the unplugged sound. The "Removable Storage Device" does not show up in Computer. I've tried looking through the Device Manager to find the card reader and re-install the driver, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I suppose it is one of the USB controllers. I've also tried multiple SD cards so I know it's not the card.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

A:Asus laptop card reader stopped working

Don't know If this will help, but I had a similar problem with my laptop (not ASUS though). I tried everything, ended up re-installing windows, which fixed it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-laptop-card-reader-stopped-working.183557/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I have a Dell Precision M4500 laptop which stopped recognizing the battery a couple months back. I have had the laptop for one year now with absolutely no problems up until this happened. I am pretty sure the battery is still good, it's not that old, but since the computer wont even recognize it is in, there's no way to check if it can charge. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, maybe there is a fix before I have to shell out the money for a new battery.

A:Dell Precision M4500 stopped recognizing battery

Laptop batteries go bad any time, and they are considered to be "consumable" like paper is to a printer. Replace the battery and you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m4500-stopped-recognizing-battery.182128/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey,

I was listening to music and my JBL II (2.1) speakers stopped working all of a sudden (they didn't make any special noise before they went dead), and their lights went off.
The light on the Sub-woofer is on, however.
I tried unplugging and replugging all power cables from and to the system, and all of the related computer cables. Also tried restarting the computer.
Nothing seems to work.

I've read on a similar thread that it might be the fuse blown out or the amp overheated.
How can I find out what's the problem, and how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

A:JBL speakers stopped working

ok check the fuse in the plug I think it should be 5amp so take another one from another lead somewhere to test . also leave for 20 minutes let amp cool down then try if works then amp over heating .. make sure unplugged both ends when checking fuse.. if still not working then look in device manager make sure these is no yellow exclamation marks .. go to start computer system properties hardware device manager if there is let us know .. hope this been helpful but someone more experienced might be able to offer better advice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jbl-speakers-stopped-working.182404/
Relevancy 24.51%

The OEM 12-cell's no longer available for my old but trusty Compaq Presario V2000.

I see lots of "OEM-equivalents" but many look sketchy.

I really don't want to toast my laptop with a dud battery.

Any recommended vendors or sources?

A:OEM-equivalent battery for Compaq Presario V2000?

Try www.batteriesplus.com Had pretty good luck with them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oem-equivalent-battery-for-compaq-presario-v2000.182172/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a HP dv7-1285dx notebook, and was wondering if you guys know the best battery replacement I can get for my money. My current battery is so shot and can't last at all. I'm hoping not to break the bank like on the HP website.

A:HP dv7-1285 battery replacement

There are a few on UK Amazon (presumably on worldwide Amazon too?) for around 30 ($47), just search "dv7-1285dx battery"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv7-1285-battery-replacement.181195/
Relevancy 25.37%

I SSD not showing have recently installed a Corsair gb SSD drive to one of my SATA ports and its not appearing in windows SSD not showing It appears in device SSD not showing manager SSD not showing and in the bios Does anyoe know whats going wrong Windows installed the drivers OK How can I coopy my c drive in its entirety over to the new SSD withut using paid for software The drive came on its own with software Thanks Specs of my pc are as Operating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP CPU AMD Athlon II X CRegor nm TechnologyRAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD -C MS- CPU Graphics M WA x ATI Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner CHard Drives GB Corsair Force SSD ATA Device IDE C GB Seagate ST AS ATA Device Unknown Interface COptical Drives HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH LS ATA DeviceTSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S B ATA DeviceAudio AMD High Definition Audio DeviceOperating System MS Windows Home Premium -bit SP Installation Date January nbsp

A:SSD not showing

You might have to go to the admin tools and fix it there...
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management
...then on the left side u see a "System Tools", "Storage" and "Services and Applications"...click on "Storage" -> "Disk Management". Then you should be able to see all your hard drives etc, then if u want to use the hdd just "Format" it and it should show in "my computer"

But then the 2nd question...I'm not sure about that one, I would use the software that came with the hdd and read the manual or then I would take the easy way (that also would make it more fresh) and reinstall Windows completely on the SSD HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-not-showing.179216/
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve been trying to fix it for over days now showing stopped External Computer drive My hard in up and I tried lots of things but nothing seems to work so I hope that you can help me System Info If Needed - - Operation System Windows Ultimate SP -Bit - Motherboard Asus Sabertooth P PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- - CPU QuadCore Intel Core i - K MHz x - Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM - Disk Drive WDC WD EARS- J B GB SATA-II - GPU ATI Radeon HD - USB Ports - USB Ports Problem - My external hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer but it was working fine before Possible Causes - - I think quot And I m NOT Sure quot this happened after I Unplugged it without using quot Safely Remove External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer Hardware quot I m Totally aware that unplugging it while it s in use could damage it but when I tried to quot Safely Remove It quot it told me quot Windows can t stop your device Because a program is still using it quot and I was in External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer a hurry so I unplugged it without using quot Safely Remove Hardware quot - Few Days before it stop working it was getting slower and sometimes it hangs External Hard Drive Condition - - it s Samsung S Portable GB - I think I External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer bought it from about - years ago - It s out of warranty - I m Not using it that much maybe - hours per day and sometimes I don t use it at all for several days weeks - Content all my family pictures amp videos NO backup anywhere else I thought it would be safer here in case any damage happened to my desktop hard drive but i Guess I was wrong - No Physical Damage - When I plug it I hear it spinning and it s light is on - I hear a weird intermittent constant quot Sound quot and it s NOT loud MAYBE It s a quot Clicking quot sound But I m not sure Things I Tried - - I checked All USB Ports and it s all working fine with other devices - It Doesn t show up in quot Disk Management quot So solutions related to quot Disk Management quot Won t work - I Cleaned up and removed old USB storage drivers and replugged it but it didn t work - I connected it to another PC it didn t work there too - I tried Different quot USB Cable quot - I was always checking it with quot BitDefender Total Security quot For Viruses or any kind of infections and it was clean - I tried to check it for errors but as it s not recognized I can t check it - I was Defragmenting it with quot DisKeeper quot from time to time - I tried to use quot Ultimate Boot CD UBCD v quot to recover the data and i used this Guide quot How to Create an Image of a Crashed Hard Drive using the UBCD dd-rescue and P eXplorer quot and when I reached to quot Step - Identifying your Hard Drive quot I couldn t Identify it and I couldn t know it quot Path quot because it wasn t showing up in quot Mount Devices quot window because as I said It s not recognized So What I m Asking For Is - - Is there a way to fix my External Hard Drive and make it work again If Not - Is there a way to make it recognizable so i can recover the data using quot DD-Rescue quot If Not - Is there any other way to recover the data from my External Hard Drive and - I tried to open my External Hard Drive quot case quot but I couldn t and I was afraid to go any farther So i Don t damage it So is there any safe way to open it Thanks nbsp

A:External hard drive stopped showing up in My Computer

"I hear a weird intermittent constant "Sound" and it's NOT loud, MAYBE It's a "Clicking" sound, But I'm not sure."

Maybe a soft click or a sliding sound? The drive should normally do nothing more than hum.

"I connected it to another PC, it didn't work there too."

Dang it didn't past the test here either. When things go wrong in my computers I often try them in another machine. If it works in the second machine then I know it's still working. If it doesn't work in the second machine then I usually consider the device dead. I'd try a third machine if you have that resource.

If the data are that important I'd consult a data recovery specialist.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-stopped-showing-up-in-my-computer.178952/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey everyone I ve officially got THE worst luck with technology EVER Today my Western Digital GB External HDD has stopped working One minute it s working fine - the next its completely unresponsive I deleted suddenly External hard working drive stopped a music folder off the hard drive that wouldnt play and I dont know if that s been the cause of it to become External hard drive suddenly stopped working unstable When I plug it in via USB I can feel the disk spinning inside and loading but the windows sound does not play About - minutes later I get the sound but it does not appear under Hard Disk Drives on My Computer When I External hard drive suddenly stopped working try to go into device manager it crashes windows explorer After a couple of attempts the name is now quot Local Disk I and not even Elements After about - minutes of being plugged in the drive clicks and won t do anything else I REALLY need some of the work off the hard drive - It s External hard drive suddenly stopped working so important to my second year at university Any help you can give me I will be eternally grateful Call me a but I usually back up my work via dropbox anyway but theres some bits I didnt back up yet and it s so important I get them I ve looked at getting a universal drive adaptor but i ve heard about data recovery software but there seem to be so many out there - If my hard drive isnt completely screwed could someone reccomend me one or give me some advice Thanks in advance nbsp

A:External hard drive suddenly stopped working

have you tried unplugging the drive power adapter for a minute and plugging it back in?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-suddenly-stopped-working.178166/
Relevancy 24.51%

I brought a asus laptop in 2009,and I often need to travel,4 days ago, I will give the laptop charge but display "no charging", what should i do?tks

A:My Asus a32-f9 laptop battery not charging

Order a new one on eBay... from somebody getting better than 9.6
You are lucky to have an Acer 2009 laptop battery last that long... many last only a year

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-a32-f9-laptop-battery-not-charging.177799/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hopefully one of you guys can explain something for me. I have fitted a new battery to my Toshiba laptop and since fitting it the keyboard and mousepad refuse to work. If I plug in a USB mouse that works OK but still no keyboard. If I boot into safe mode everything runs OK.
I took out the battery and ran just on mains and everything runs fine and cpu is back to normal, putting the old battery in also enables the laptop to run OK.
Thinking the high cpu usage might be malware I ran Malwarebytes and Combofix but they found nothing.
Has anyone any suggestions as to why the new battery is giving these issues, never had any problems with other batteries I have fitted to laptops.

A:New laptop battery

There are LOTS of problems with new laptop batteries... one study reports anywhere from 6% to 11% of China batteries are unreliable or defective. you have no idea how long it has been sitting on the shelf or in a warehouse box in some shipping point.
First, clean you contact points with an eraser, and look for loose connection points, then consider returning to the seller for for an exchange.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-battery.176385/
Relevancy 23.22%

I had this memory stick for a while, and its been working fine. It has a lot of my important college work on it too. Just a few days ago it randomly stopped working. I've tried it on all computers I can and none of them recognised it, and it didn't pop up in 'My Computer'.
The best reaction I got was on this laptop, where it said it was processing, but then said that I did not have a suitable driver software or something like that. Please help, I have a lot of work on it .

A:7dayshop USB memory stick randomly stopped working?

A lot of them quit just because they have been dropped more than 12 inches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/7dayshop-usb-memory-stick-randomly-stopped-working.177490/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a dual screen set up, a 22" 1680x1050 as my main, and an 18" 1280x1024 as my left side monitor. My left monitor has worked fine since the day I started using it, and last night I shut my computer down it was still working fine.

However this morning when I turned on my computer, it was all colours and lines, not even a hint of what it should be displaying, and its not my computer, because when it's not connected to my computer, it doesnt even say "no signal" just shows these colours/lines, the menu doesnt come up either, so somehow the physical screen seems to have broken over night I've done nothing to it, no impacts or anything.

Does anyone have any idea what's caused this? or what I can do to fix it?

Many thanks, it's a lovely screen and would hate to see it go

A:Monitor stopped working over night :(

My old monitor used to do that. When it happened, I just do the most basic thing. Unplug the power adapter, the video connector, plug back it in, and normally that's all it takes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-stopped-working-over-night.176780/
Relevancy 23.65%

I currently have a Lenovo laptop and have had it for 2 and a half years. The battery has always been pretty bad and last about 3 minutes unplugged. The hard drive is a temperamental one from an old laptop as the original broke for no apparent reason, probably didn't help I was constantly having to rebuild it too. I know it is stupid but when I got this laptop I was young and naive and didn't realise how essential recovery disks are.
I realise to replace all of these would be quite expensive so am wondering whether it is worth just buying a new laptop?

A:Worth replacing the hard drive, battery and buying recovery disks?

We need more information to comment.
There are at least 7 levels of Lenovo laptop... Is this a T-series... or just what is it? model and type.
In general, Lenovo laptops are among the most reliable...
This is not a good time to buy hard drives, due to the market over-adjusting to the hard drive factories under water in Thailand.
Batteries, good ones, can be found for $35 to $45
But you can get a 90 GB SATA hard drive for $90 or less.
Tell us the hard drive brand and size, the amount of memory installed.
All in all, we can rebuild a decent Lenovo for $140... and that is a lot less expensive than a new laptop. But a shop would have to charge you $205 or more.
A cheap laptop might cost you $500 to $600, but a good laptop could cost you $1200 to $1800. For long term reliability, I would want to invest at least $1000 to $1500

Tell us more so we can best advise you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/worth-replacing-the-hard-drive-battery-and-buying-recovery-disks.176085/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have recently cleared my pc of dust and what not. There was no possible way it could have been effected by a static charge however my monitor will no longer work, it justs stays on the orange standby light. It did work previous to this. I have tried other monitors with my PC and they dont work either so it is a problem with the system itself, can anybody tell me what has happened and how i may sort it? Thanks

A:My PC monitor has stopped working

Is it plugged into a graphics card or the motherboard chip? Maybe your graphics card just died, or that your motherboard chip got damaged.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-monitor-has-stopped-working.176075/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all, I am curious about any possible damage that might happen to a laptop battery if after the battery has been completely charged, it is left plugged in.

I've been told that I should remove the battery if I'm going to leave it plugged in because it may overheat and become damaged. Could someone shed some light on this for me please?

A:Harm to battery if laptop left plugged in?

http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/harm-to-battery-if-laptop-left-plugged-in.175522/