Windows Support Forum

Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Q: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

My laptop has become very slow, I reinstalled windows and installed original drivers from HP's website. But, my laptop is still very slow. So, I'm hinking about restoring my laptop to factory settings. I don't have HP Backup & Recovery manager or Recovery Partition or any disc that came with laptop. If there is any way I can restore my laptop to Factory Settings, Please inform . And If I need to download anyting please give the link with it. Thank You.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Reset ...

Hi there @HPian_B, Before I provide troubleshooting documentation, I would like to take a minute to welcome you to the HP Support Community, where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from the community! I read that you would like to reset your HP Pavilion g6-2310ex Notebook PC to factory settings. Please read the document called Backing Up Your Files. This will provide you with ways to back up the files you have on your Notebook. Here is a document for you to read called Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive. I pulled some information from the document for you. The first thing I would like to make you aware of is that only DVD-R, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, or DVD+R DL discs are compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program. The following disc types are not compatible with the Recovery Media Creation program:CDsDVD-RWDVD+RWDVD-RW DLDVD+RW DLYou will then also see that in the document it says: The Recovery Media Creation software program allows only one complete set of discs to be created.The Recovery Media Creation software program requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (Recovery Image (D) to create a set of discs. Uncorrupted means the recovery partition has not been modified or removed.The creation process takes about 30 minutes per DVD. The entire recovery set does not need to be created in one session.The Recovery Media Creation software can be aborted at any time, except during the writing (burning) process, by clicking Cancel. The next time the Recovery Media Creation software program is run, it automatically starts where it last stopped.You can use the recovery discs you create on your computer on another computer only if the second computer is the same model as the one that created the recovery discs.Here is a document called Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 7) and another called Recover Windows 7 Operating System Using Microsoft Windows Backup and Restore. - This is used to Recover, Restore, or do a Clean Install of Windows 7. Please make sure that you read these documents very carefully before you decided to reset to factory settings. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Please also re-post with the exact error message you received. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos. Thanks!Have a great day

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to-Reset/td-p/5594620
Relevancy 100.62%

.... but I didn't touch it.
My d:\ is not empty - it is almost 80% full but when i click on it there are no files. Tried - to the extent of my knowledge - to see if the files are hidden but didn't reach anywhere. Tried a restore point but that didnt work either. Please help

A:HP Recovery Manager says that my recovery partition has been removed

Recovery Manager has hiccups sometimes...
Try re-booting and entering at boot.

If that fails you can order the Recovery Media from HP for a reasonable price.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237130-hp-recovery-manager-says-my-recovery-partition-has-been-removed.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello nbsp I upgraded Recovery the HP to Using Manager Recovery delete Partition--... my notebook to Windows shortly after it was offered in August nbsp I also upgraded my main drive with a smaller SSD nbsp So now that the notebook's been running OK for almost a year I'd like to delete the recovery partition nbsp I only have a GB SSD so deleting that Recovery partition would give me almost more space on my C drive nbsp I tried using two different partition programs to do this-- both apps let me delete the partition D Recovery-- far right top but then neither will let me add the new space to the C drive nbsp There is small partition between the two and they will let me resize that partition but not the C partition nbsp nbsp I found that the HP Recovery Manager that's installed on my notebook has an option for deleting the partition Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... but Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--... it doesn't say where it will put the new unallocated space but I didn't go all the way with it yet nbsp If I work through it the rest of the way will it give me the option of where to put the new unallocated space nbsp Or will it add it to the C drive automatically nbsp nbsp Below is a snapshot of the drives configuration the drive on TOP is the one in question nbsp

A:Using HP Recovery Manager to delete the Recovery Partition--...

Hi, I can see C: and D: do not sit next to each other therefore Windows Disk Manager may not like this. Please try:     http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager-software/combine-partitions-windows-10-free.html Note: you have to delete D: first. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Using-HP-Recovery-Manager-to-delete-the-Recovery-Partition/td-p/5706070
Relevancy 97.18%

My laptop crashed but I was bale to recover my data from the drive using an external cable to the drive on my desktop PC.  I can see the recovery partition, can I make a recover USB from the drive without it being in my laptop?

A:Re: Don't have Recovery partition and Recovery Manager to Re...

Hi there,  Do you not have Recovery discs?How did you previously load Windows 7 on your Notebook? The media creation software allows only  one system image to be created. If you created a set of recovery discs, you can not create a system image on a USB drive. The media creation software requires an uncorrupted recovery partition (FACTORY_IMAGE D. Uncorrupted means that the recovery partition has  not been modified or removed. That being said, at this point, I cannot guarantee that the image will work on your USB. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-Don-t-have-Recovery-partition-and-Recovery-Manager-to/td-p/5596486
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello I have a problem with restoring reseting my OS to factory image using Recovery partition The problem is not that uncommon yet I've tried 'Reset PC partition recovery for I How restore to do work? a gadzillion things and none seem to work or I've been doing them wrong And I was hoping you guys could have a look and point me toward a resolution The computer is an Asus X M laptop which came with W wBing pre-installed and two visible partitions C - os D - data There was also a MB System partition MB Restore partition the one I am now booting to I suspect more on that later MB Reserved partition and GB Recovery one the one with system image It worked fine for some time then I upgraded it to W then worked fine some more but problems started popping up so I decided to start anew with a fresh system install I wanted to try if W would work I popped the CD in formatted C and D Wanting only one working partition I deleted C and D only I left all the remaining partitions including Recovery and made a single partition in their place However it turned out the disk is GPT and W wouldn't install out of box so I thought no biggie I will How do I restore recovery partition for 'Reset PC to work? restore the I booted to Troubleshooting I think it is called clicked Reset PC and 'A required drive partition is missing' I thought I could get around it by extracting the key and installing Win from Microsoft's ISO but it turns out Win Win wBing the key didn't work Oh well So now I have to somehow get the Reset PC working again on a computer that does not have an OS right now I have another machine with W No machine with Win or atm I tried splitting the merged partition back into two but that didn't help I tried setting the IDs of partitions as it is in the DiskpartScript txt on MB Restore partition de bba - d - d -a a-bfd d ac for both Partition Restore and Partition Recovery coupled with assigning letters for all partitions The set id part probably changed the partition type from Restore to Recovery although I'm not sure All that didn't help I tried unhide partition but couldn't as diskpart returned 'The object is not found' I wanted to check reagentc command and its info and or setosimage but reagentc is not recognized as an internal or external command DISKPART returns the following now Code Partition Type Size Offset Partition System MB KB Partition Recovery MB MB Partition Reserved MB MB Partition Primary GB MB Partition Primary GB GB Partition Recovery GB GB The Recovery partition looks alright with files Code Recovery WindowsRE boot sdi ReAgent xml Winre wim RecoveryBoot AsDiskLayout dat AsPartition dat boot wim RecoveryImage DONOTEREPLACE TXT install wim The Resore Recovery now partition looks alright as well directories only Code Boot en-us Fonts Resources EFI Boot en-us Microsoft Boot en-us Fonts Resources en-us FACLog Sources There are too many files to retype them here I will get a linux livecd to tree them out asap if that helps I don't think the files got corrupt but somehow the link between partitions is not there for Troubleshooting to see Or it's wrong now after the whole merge split partitions Is there a change to get the restore back up working I don't mind having two visible partitions OS and DATA if that means the reset pc works Any ideas Or things I should have checked but didn't Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/73889-how-do-i-restore-recovery-partition-reset-pc-work.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi guys SCENARIO I wen on a factory reset and it froze at around while resetting It already took - hours on so there came my impatience and overthinking I'm sorry that it was either starting to be a faulty HDD or my BIOS HELP: - PLS to issue recovery PC Reset partition/img link was outdated So I tried to force stop HDD risky I'm sorry again the reset procedure while stucked at and was hoping that I could somehow update my BIOS and resume with the reset But as I opened the unit again it continued with installing the OS which is WIN again I was hoping this would be Win since it was the factory OS So I just let it finish PLS HELP: Reset PC issue - link to recovery partition/img and was hoping that I could revert back to the factory OS I also tried the different instructions from dell and windows on how to reset the unit but still in no luck And I have not made a recovery image disk beforehand The unit is a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with pre-installed UEFI activated I believe Win that has been updated to and Win over the time PROBLEM Reset function not working properly or as expected anymore I think it lost it's link with the original recovery image I have been reading a lot from the related posts from several threads here but still out of luck or I am really that noob Haha I believed I might have also messed up mapping reagentc along the way as I don't remember the previous data anymore I have tried to do as others had their luck but I get lost as their parameters are not the same as mine at least from what I have already read REQUEST Can anyone please help I've been stuck figuring this one out for days already Haha I'm not sure what else details info to include here as well I had installed the PartitionGuru too and running with it's file recovery at the moment to check if there are files folders that were corrupted lost along the way I also already had found the Install swm there are actually three of them there which wasn't the same as the case of other threads that came with wim And also already found my WinRE wim with it's ReAgent xml - though I was worried on those because I have more than one of it and on different partitions I'm not sure how I got those - maybe from the updates Anyway I'm not sure about more details are needed to fix the issue Below are several screenshots I think will be of any use hopefully From an elevated command prompt Ran reagentc info Ran diskpart Disk is the main drive Disk was just a thumb drive with the Windows Media Creation Tool I tried to use it but still no luck It gets me to a message that says something like the partition needed was missing Here is where I found a Winre wim Here is where I found another WinRE wim The location of the three Install swm Not sure if this is of any use at all I just thought I'd upload it too I'd be happy to provide more details that are needed anytime I hope anyone could help please help Thank you in advance PS I'm currently running the partition recovery from PartitionGuru Currently at on searching files and it seems that it's showing some folders that are not on my current partitions This one folder named sources containing a boot wim was also mentioned from other threads that wasn't on my drives partitions while I was researching I was just wondering if that would be of any help You can see it here attached Sorry for the long post

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/74331-pls-help-reset-pc-issue-link-recovery-partition-img.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Just need a Ok signal everything is fine with my pc . Though Gmer & HijackThis says otherwise . Thanks for helping me , you have my lifelong thanks

A:Recently Factory Reset from recovery partition / am I clean ?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===All I can suggest at this time.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [FAStartup] => [X]
Winlogon\Notify\WB: C:\Program Files (x86)\Stardock\MyColors\fast64.dll [X]
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-3495472100-3376017760-3872212700-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Restriction <======= ATTENTION

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===How is the computer running now?If you have any issues with this computer please let me know.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594444/recently-factory-reset-from-recovery-partition-am-i-clean/
Relevancy 89.44%

I bought my device with Windows 10 as pre-installed OS. Due to *careless* activity, I accidentally deleted the recovery partition of the hard disk. If some day I wanted to do a Windows 10 reset, will the reset process be failed?

I wanted to order for recovery disk from my vendor but they only provide media for Windows 7 pro and using this recovery option will downgrade my device and I cannot use windows 10 without having to buy another activation key (correct me if I am wrong here).

A:Reset Windows 10 even if Recovery Partition is (accidentally) deleted

Hi,
1. You can freely get Win 10 installation media. You can download any version's iso and, using MS's media creation tool, create bootable Win 10 installation media.

See the Tutorial section- search for iso- or search the web.

2. You can undelete deleted partitions. Try a good partition manager.

Example:

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/62999-reset-windows-10-even-if-recovery-partition-accidentally-deleted.html
Relevancy 88.58%

How to delete Recovery Manager partitoin? After reinstall successfully, it reboots always to Recovery Manager.

Bios is setup with right order of HardDrive first. Tried Boot.exe too.

Is there a command prompt to delete the Recovery Manager partition? I can't get to my desktop.

A:How to delete Recovery Manager partition?

Why would you want to delete your Recovery Manager partition? It doesn't sound like the reinstall was successful, if your computer continues to boot into recovery mode. Did you use a recovery disk in this process and later remove it? Try booting up in safe mode. If that doesn't work, then I suspect your recovery did not complete successfully.

Also, you may want to try booting from USB and then accessing the hard drive to see if the integrity is OK.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296284-how-delete-recovery-manager-partition.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi, everybody.  Can someone solve my pb?I have Hp Pvilion Dv6-1355dx laptop. I bought it in jan 2010. Till this month it worked great. But now i hav a pb.Actually i was doing recovery of my windows 7, there was interruption bcoz of electricity pb. After that my laptop's OS wasnt loading, and i cldnt find recovery manager. Then i installed new windows 7. (bcoz i didnt hav Recovery disc also)  My Hp Softwares arent damaged, I installed hp softwares fm my laptop, now the pb is  MY RECOVERY MANAGER's  IS NOT ABLE  TO  INSTALL, still  i  can see  RECOVERY PARTITION  here.  Now what to do?   Plzzzz tell me how can i use my RECOVERY PARTITION with Recovery Manager.waiting Anxiously.Regards

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Recovery Partition not responding to Rec manager

This works sometimes to boot into Recovery and do a Factory restore. 1.Right-click on "Computer" icon and select manage.2.This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.3.On the left side of the MMC, click on "Disk Management" and it will show you all of the partitions.4.Right-click on the "HP Recovery" partition and select "Mark as Active Partition."5.When the warning prompt appears, select "Yes" - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11). 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Partition-not-responding-to-Rec-manager/td-p/3416723
Relevancy 87.72%

Gday guys my toshiba satellite L D stopped working i was able to get into safe mode - recovery L50D Satellite not - factory partition reset completing corrupted to backup my recent files still did not fix blue screen of death i did command prompt to error check etc etc reported no errors but was very very slow - hours ran ubuntu and it could not access C Drive i was able to access Satellite L50D - factory reset not completing - recovery partition corrupted reset restore on startup restore did not complete so i tried reset - got to about - did not complete choose full reset factory reset and gets to about sometimes Takes hours still is incomplete and says 'there was a problem resetting your PC' i am was running windows and do not have any recovery disks my wife has a working L B that we bought at the same time - is it possible to make a recovery Satellite L50D - factory reset not completing - recovery partition corrupted disk usb from it and try and repair my L D or what is the best way to get a recovery disk for this laptop appreciate any feedback and suggestions thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92883-Satellite-L50D-factory-reset-not-completing-recovery-partition-corrupted
Relevancy 83.85%

I will try to be as precise as possible and give as much info as I can but I'm not sure what info is inconsequential and what HP HP manager recovery get inability Recovery Pavilion to error and past isn't at HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager this point But here goes For weeks I have tried to outsmart whoever it is that has had complete remote access to my laptop but changing as many admin permissions and incoming outgoing connections that I could find to keep them out A couple of days ago I did a system HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager restore to factory settings thinking this would do it It didn't he was still there He locked me out of all admin tools yesterday I have a system recovery disc made about a year ago and put that in my CD drive tonight thinking I could completely reformat the drive and wipe him out However at start-up I pushed F and came up with a screen that said something about HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager running the disc from E drive I apologize for not be able to give you specific language but I never thought it would get this far with no progress However under the line showing the drive it was booting from there was another line that started quot DETECTHAL REDIRECT quot then went on to say something about quot redirect name quot and redirect path quot none of which sounded legit to me And considering that this intruder had created so many other fake error info msgs already I didn't want to take the chance of this being something else that he had stuck in there I backed out of that reboot and restarted I've subequently tried to restart over a dozen times from the CD but even in Safe Mode it reverts to the HP Recovery Manager Once there I go through the prompts to reformat but then get an error msg that says error x a If the problem persists contact HP quot I can't get past this error nor can I get any type of command promt to come up I tried starting in safe mode with command prompt and it reverted back to the recovery manager Once the error comes up and I click OK to close it my laptop restarts and I continue in the same endless cycle If I try to boot up without the recovery disc in the CD drive I get a black screen that says quot Operating system not found quot I am assuming then that my Windows Vista system recovery disc is not working although if I put it into another computer I can see the files on it and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong I have a backup disc that I made a couple of years ago when I had Norton installed but have not tried them Should I Also a friend suggested that I use the recovery discs for my PC with Windows just to get an operating system loaded if it will load automatically from the CD then go in and try to access the Vista recovery CD I wish there was a quick fix to all of this as its been a very long weeks trying to get this guy out of my laptop and frustrating because I've been so incredibly unsuccessful I know you ask for detailed system information but I'm not sure what more I can tell you Please let me know what you need and I will do my very best to answer Any help with this issue would be so so appreciated - beyond words at this point So thank you to whoever can help

A:HP Pavilion Recovery error and inability to get past HP recovery manager

It sounds to me like you have malware. I suggest running malwarebytes.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296083-hp-pavilion-recovery-error-inability-get-past-hp-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi Environment Deleted. Recovery Missing Recovery -System Partition everyone I Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. m stuck in a pretty bad situation right now and I have no idea about how to help myself So recently I ve been wanting to reset my Windows laptop amp I just cannot because my recovery environment is missing First when I got this problem I thought there would be an easy-intermediate level fix like every other problem and I love fixing stuff But this one doesn t look like an easy fix or I m not even sure If there is a fix Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. So the big mistake I did was I deleted my quot System Recovery Partition quot I have searched everywhere possible and I m not Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted. getting a fix I would really appreciate IF YOU GUYS HELP ME and another problem is that I don t live in the USA or Canada I ve got a nbsp Dell Inspiron R GB RAM intel i u and Dell provides Backup Media to only the people who live in the US and Canada Please guys I need a solution I have a separate Windows Installation Disk but what I m scared about is If I install my Windows from the disk my Dell features would be gone and I don t think I d be able to have a proper Recovery Environment in the future because this Disk s installation files are nothing related to nbsp Dell Its just a clean Windows installation disk I got from my friend a while ago I ve tried the repair my computer option from the disk and it does not help Thank you

A:Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted.

Hi ahmedrahamathulla,
Please private message us the system service tag and region you are located so that I can check the available options and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19622910
Relevancy 83.85%

Will Vista Recovery Disk Work if there is No Recovery Partition?
Thanks all.

Relevancy 83.85%

Hello, I've used the recovery media creator to create a USB flash drive recovery media.

If i then use that to restore the Windows 7 installation onto a new hard drive (as SSD) will that drive itself have the recovery media partition on it?

So if I then lose the USB stick could I restore again by holding down zero when powering on?

Or does it recover the Windows partition and nothing more?

Thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91105-Satellite-C650-14U-Does-recovery-media-create-recovery-partition
Relevancy 83.85%

I am working on my sisters Toshiba L d-S notebook windows gb amd v processor gb drive Started with error msg at boot quot encountered a problem communicating with create from as to partition mounted usb-external drive recovery how recovery dvd's a device at startup quot Couldn t get by this error took out drive inserted into usb-enclosure and tested numerous sector errors She has also lost the recovery disks I made for her I used partition software to scan just the recovery partition and there are no errors reported there What I would like to do is to copy to a flash drive or make new recovery dvd s from this recovery partition then I can use the coa from the back of the notebook if necessary how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive for full install onto a new hard drive However I can t use the toshiba notebook for this I can only use my desktop pc for the xfer using the toshiba hard drive as a usb external drive and the toshiba media creator software will not install onto my desktop pc doesn t give me a reason I would prefer to go the dvd-route but flash drive would be ok too Any info is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:how to create recovery dvd's from recovery partition mounted as usb-external drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-create-recovery-dvds-from-recovery-partition-mounted-as-usb-external-drive.1111084/
Relevancy 83.85%

Product Name and Operating system DV el windows ultimate bit Hi I have this laptop for the last years and never used the recovery option as I didn't need to the recovery partition is there never been formated now my windows is too slow and wanted to restore it to factory install settings but not partition and working recovery tomake activ couldn't Recovery able when i press the F button in the start to boot in to recover mode it just take me to windows boot screen without giving an error I did some research and found out that i have to make the recovery partition as active partition but the problem is that i couldn't do it as there is no such option to make the partition active in WINDOWS DISK MANEGEMENT and couldn't see the recovery partition in DISK PART in windows images will be attatched if needed actually there was no error so that's why I didn't upload any image thanks in advance hoping i will get a reply here

A:Recovery not working and couldn't able tomake recovery partition activ

100+ views and no reply ... seems like an over rated windows forum

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/316879-recovery-not-working-couldnt-able-tomake-recovery-partition-activ.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I am running windows 7 on my laptop. I has windows vista before the upgrade. I had recovery discs for windows vista created from the recovery manager. I tried to make discs for windows 7. I would like to know why it won't let me make a disc for windows 7 because if I had trouble and needed to put in the recovery discs I wouldn't want to use the ones i had for windows vista. what should i do? here are screenshots to show what happens when i try to create the discs for windows 7.

A:Problem w/ creating recovery disc in Recovery Manager

HP PC Recovery Disc Creator, is for your HP Vista only, not for UpGrade of Win 7.

Try this:

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/66037-problem-w-creating-recovery-disc-recovery-manager.html
Relevancy 82.99%

If I abandon my efforts to install the latest Windows 10 update, would it be a feasible and a good choice for me to command HP Recovery Manager to make the "Minimized Image Recovery" to the factory condition of OS (Windows 7 Home Edition) with drivers and select software?  I have used HP Recovery Mgr to backup my files on an external hard drive.  Next question: How do I restore those files to my computer?  Should the restoration be done in Windows 7 or after I install Windows 10 on my computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-option-of-quot-Minimzed-Image-Recovery/td-p/5843826
Relevancy 82.99%

I am on Windows 10, and for the past couple months I have had booting/BSOD errors that usually give me "bad_system_config_info" and occasionally, "0xc000021a ". Sometimes, I have been able to boot in by accessing the UEFI settings, other times it seems like it just randomly decides to let me log in to my computer normally. When I am able to login, I check for viruses and I haven't found any, as well as run commands like "sfc/scannow", "chkdsk", or "bootsect".  I am trying to recreate recovery media via the HP Recovery Manager, but each time I insert the empty flashdrive, the Recovery Manager suddenly crashes. Please, any response to these combined issues would be greatly appreciated, I haven't been able to use this laptop regularly for months now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Recovery-Manager-Crashes-when-I-try-to-make-Recovery/td-p/5757604
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello everyone I'm a technician at TigerDirect and for one of our services we create recovery media for newly purchased machines For Windows machines As I'm sure you know we cannot create recovery disks and have to create a recovery drive using a flash drive On multiple occasions I have attempted to create the recovery drive using a CENTON gb USB stick and have selected the option to copy the recovery partition The process proceeds normally until it starts copying the recovery partition It will complete - of the copy and then all drive activity will stop The unit still works partition recovery Cannot win8 copy -- recovery creation perfectly fine but the flash drive is not indicating any read write and it stays on whatever percentage it stopped on continuously with no change I'm curious if anyone else has run into this before The current machine I'm working on is an ASUS G V running Windows not Pro The other machines we've had the same issues with have been multiple different ASUS models as well as a few Toshiba's and HPs Cannot copy recovery partition -- win8 recovery creation Any help is appreciated thank you -- fragment

A:Cannot copy recovery partition -- win8 recovery creation

Welcome to EightForums.

Try setting the HD Drive to never turn OFF.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/14744-cannot-copy-recovery-partition-win8-recovery-creation.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i tried to use the recovery wizard on my SONY VAIO VGN-A250 Laptop and the error messaged i receieved was "VAIO Recovery Wizard cannot find recovery partition" please restart computer. I restarted many times and still get the same message. I also have used the F10 key method and no luck. It wont even open the wizard. I am able to boot. Im out fo warranty and tight on cash and really need my laptop to work fast. Want to remove all from the pc so i can use for school. Please i saw a thread about same problem i had but the thread was closed. if anyone can help please do so.

Thanks

Relevancy 82.99%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 417NR having problems. It was bought used and at some point started having  cd-drive malfunctions where it no longer detected hardware and the drive didn't work. I reloaded completely from the recovery partition, it worked fine several days and I was able to install office but after that it stopped working again. I have tried an external usb cd drive but that doesn't work either. At this point, I'm thinking it has driver issues from the recovery and I'd need to buy the disk from HP but I'd like a second opinion as they are not free.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is? I've never had this happen on a fresh install...

A:Driver issues on fresh HP recovery from recovery partition

could you check on device manager does any yellow or red exclamation?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528118/driver-issues-on-fresh-hp-recovery-from-recovery-partition/
Relevancy 82.99%

COULD NOT FIND RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT I know it's a redundant thread but I think I'm having a different scenario Specs nothing's changed except I did reinstall win - win x single languange - TB HDD THE SCENARIO There was a Unable recovery fix recovery Lost to partition / ASUS time when I want to resize my drive C to smaller partition I used Easus Partion Manager to do so to dumb I was After rebooting my system could not start The BSOD showed up RECOVERY PC needs repair blah x Error code x I was able to manage to repair and I came back up fine using a tutorial in youtube using bcdboot C Windows s any drive letter s uefi At this point I downloaded a new copy of windows SL thru quot mediacreationtool quot as a legit copy i suppose and then I reinstalled using the ISO from MS now I'm totally OK at least at the moment THE ISSUE Seems like everything's working as it is Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery now but as soon as I try to press F upon boot up same error popup Error Code x and again I got used to doing the bcdboot method NOW this quot Restore quot partition the size of GB and appeared and it had something in it some files I think This wasn't there before and after reinstallation of win SL IT ONLY appeared when I pressed F then I repaired it using bcdboot MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery If there's a way that I could restore my notebook pc back to day one Or am i that close close enough If this could be fixed I know its risky but I will take it as a new learning curve Or will I just have to accept that I'm doomed and there's no way to possibly get it back Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery and learn from it Am I still having that original recovery drive that ASUS provide when the laptop was purchased based on the screenshots expanded view of the Restore partition Referring to user genet here I used the methods to possibly recover the lost partition I also set the ID's to recovery and enabled the reagentc exe reagentc enabled I did tried every thread I could find that could help me some were posted by genet After setting ID's to recovery here's what happen the Restore partition was gone but it's still here MRE partitions that were set with recovery ID outlined in blue Outlined in red is the Restore partition but this time it has no drive letter Then after a series of procedures I've done here's what I got gt gt gt gt I guess I'd totally messed up my system Im in an endless loop IDK what steps I need to revert or to continue on doing I'm in great trouble right now BUT the Recovery Index location is still empty p s I tried my best to be as detailed as possible I need your help guys I totally lost it

A:Unable to fix recovery partition ASUS / Lost recovery

So Im not entirely certain on what you are asking here. Your computer is unusable right now, or you cant get the recovery partition to work correctly?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71303-unable-fix-recovery-partition-asus-lost-recovery.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have a customer's NB200 on the bench. It came in with complete OS failure and would not boot from either the OS partition or the Recovery Partition.

I have checked the Hard Disk and it is in perfect working order. However it seems that all is not well as I cannot get it to boot from the recovery partition even after holding doen the 0 key.

I tried to instruct it to start from the BOOT.INI file by pointing a 'revoery' option at the partition but it just comes up with an error saying <Windows Path>\system32\HAL file is either missing or corrupt. Does anyone know how I should instruct the partition to start or how I could extract the information from the image files?

A:NB200-10G Recovery Partition - Cannot start recovery process

If you check page 48 in user?s manuals you will find exact description how to start recovery installation. The procedure on this NB200 is same or, at least, similar to all notebooks delivered with HDD recovery image. Please check it.

Useful document about HDD recovery installation you can find in ?How to..? category > http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=58

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55629-NB200-10G-Recovery-Partition-Cannot-start-recovery-process
Relevancy 82.99%

I am trying to set up my Zbook G It is a refurbished model with set up warranty til I just got it amp it was upgraded to win There was no recovery partition on the hardrive nbsp I upgraded to the win aniversary edition amp have been updating software drivers as per HP support suggestions nbsp It was recommended to create a system recovery thru a HP support message which I attempted to do but there was an error amp it failed which led to a empty recovery partition being made on the harddrive nbsp Here is the summary amp details I am trying to delete this empty recovery partition but right clicking in disk management is not giving me anything Can someone please advise a solution nbsp Tried to create System Recovery as suggested by HP support Launch recovery media creation tool amp it attempted to make a recovery disc amp partitioned the hard drive The recovery failed error AstorA sys System Thread Exception not handled amp a empty recovery partition was made I am trying to delete this partition amp gain back the MB space nbsp This entry was made in Recovery Partition System Er... Empty Delete to Recovery How HP PBR Diskpart Notepad same day nbsp rem ResetPartitions-BIOS txt convert mbrrem System partition create partition primary size format quick fs How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... ntfs label System assign letter S activerem Windows partition rem a Create the Windows partition create partition primaryrem b Create space for the recovery tools partition shrink minimum rem c Prepare the Windows partition format quick fs ntfs label Windows assign letter W rem Windows RE tools partition create partition primaryformat quick fs ntfs label Windows RE tools assign letter T set id x list volumeexit nbsp nbsp Thank You in advance for your help nbsp I checked file explorer amp the partition does not show It's an unnamed partition with no letter assigned so I am not sure if the laptop came with this empty partition amp I never noticed it I 'm not sure if I checked disk management before but I thought I had Its been a bit hectic amp confusing as I updated computers so the various details are sort of merging nbsp Anyway even if the created recovery error did not make the partition I can't find a date t was made I still would like to remove it as its empty I have a GB HDD but still I don t like a almost GB partition just doing nothing nbsp Any advise is appreciated nbsp UpdateThis thread in MS addresses it IT's a hidden unnamed recovery partition so it may hae been just made from the create recovery error or it was always there amp I never noticed it nbsp https social technet microsoft com Forums en-US f b ac-b - e - a-f d e cant-delete-e nbsp There is a way to assign a letter to the drive amp unhide it described in bottom of the previous threadso disk manage can delete it nbsp nbsp Still would like to remove it if its not How to Delete Empty Recovery Partition HP System Recovery Er... needed It is empty but there have been some who have reported after removal that the system did not function so I am trying to be careful nbsp I thought maybe the error created this partition but maybe it was always there amp I am obsessing for nothing Just trying to keep my system clean nbsp Thanks for taking the time to help me address this concern nbsp Diskpart lists this nbsp Partition Primary GB offset KBPartition Recovery MB Offset GB nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-Delete-Empty-Recovery-Partition-HP-System-Recovery/td-p/5720269
Relevancy 82.99%

hp 241 g1 laptop given by rajasthan govt., india to schooler students !My son  received these laptop with pre installed genuine win 8.1 with ms office 2013 & other educational software.but we received these laptop with already removed recovery partition !!so i can't able to create recovery disk !! for this issue i contact hp support care number. but they say they have not any recovery media !!How to solved this issue ? how to make recovery disk myself if recovery partition removed? my mobile no. is : 9460410231 email : [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-make-recovery-disk-myself-if-recovery-partition/td-p/5631806
Relevancy 81.27%

I removed some spyware and recovery from Manager not Recovery Gateway the does work viruses from my father-in-laws computer It works ok for a little bit but then I will get a BSOD with the STOP x e error I do not have the peripherals that originally were installed on the system as I only took the tower to work on and have my own mouse keyboard and monitor installed Would this cause the problem At any rate I want to use the Gateway Recovery Center to do a factory system restore When I open it up and chose the factory restore option it wants me to restart my computer I chose to restart but it doesn't do the restore I have also asked it before to do a scandisk check recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work on start up but it won't do that either I have the mini dump files from the BSOD messages but I am just wondering if I should go ahead and take it back to his house and hook up the normal monitor and such and see if I get the BSOD then It doesn't seem to have any particular triggers like now I have had it on and running just fine for about minutes just trying the things that I have tried before It is running Windows Update now as it hasn't had any updates since March of this year I did a System Restore and then used Spybot S D to remove what was there whatever it had at the time would cause the computer to go to a blank white screen after about seconds on the desktop at startup I was told that it had started with some FBI pop up that was asking them to send to them to unlock their system or such Spybot caught a trojan something like fakeporn and removed it Since then the computer will start up normally but then give me te BSOD after a while It will start in safemode and run ok Guide me OMG don't judge me

A:recovery from the Gateway Recovery Manager does not work

This might help:http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...0x0000007e seems to often relate to drivers and 0x0000008e to RAM. If there is a virus still about then you could get confusing BSOD errors.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-from-the-gateway-recovery-manager-does-not-work/13395.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Guys I cant complete succesfully my system recovery nbsp Here is an event-by-event detail I have a DV Pavilion nbsp - I Complete fails) (Recovery Problem Recovery Manager Recovery Recovery is complete message appears Once your system restarts and you finish the inital - I restart- CMD exe window appears- Software Installation HP window appears- It restarts black window with HP Logo then Microsoft Corporation windows starting - Please wait while Windows sets up your computer Black screen - Please wait WHile Windows Continues Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) setting up your computer light blue screen - Restarts again- black screen mouse pointer windows logo appears start sound Welcome Screen appears Vista Home Premium - Windows setup window Windows is now setting up the following items Pre-PININST Check Preinstall Software InstallerPre-PININST Preinstall software Installer ndPost PININSTAC Power CheckingBurnBoot Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) All this with a HP on the back screen with the grey completation bar -Takes long time to complete the second task Preinstall Software Installer - Restarts Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails) logging off shutting down - Black screen white pointer again- Windows Welcome screen againNow when it is in the Windows is now setting up the following items - Pre-PININST An Recovery Manager window appears saying that The recovery attempt has failed Please select one of the following buttons Details or RetryWhen I hit details it appears the following - ChkErrBB CMD Detect some error during PININST-BBV - ChKErrBB CMD Check C system sav logs BurnBootWarn logI hit retry and the DVD CD open and it restarted the machineAnd Again back to the Welcome to the Recovery Manager original screen nbsp nbsp How can I solve this Thanks Solved View Solution

A:Recovery Manager Problem (Recovery fails)

I found away past it. Just close the window with the "X". Don't hit retry or it will just keep starting over. The box will appear a few more times during the process, but just keep hitting X and it should go through. Worked for me! I'm not sure if there are features or files missing because of the errors, but the system seems to work fine so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Recovery-Manager-Problem-Recovery-fails/td-p/97667
Relevancy 81.27%

My laptop came with Windows bit operating and there is a recovery partition to factory reset It was nbsp protected by the HP recovery manager After i update to Windows reset my PC not factory reset create manager media recovery recovery without with the option keep my files so now i have a Windows and i can create recovery media without recovery manager see nbsp in recovery partition nbsp one recovery folder and inside it one file of name lang in the Recovery partition rest of the files and i can't create recovery media without recovery manager see and there isn't any virus in my laptop its just create recovery media without recovery manager of changing settings i took the step of reset windows i believe my recovery partition is save but due to un availability of recovery manager it is not protected nbsp now i want to factory reset and by going to advance startup option i saw recovery manager ther but when i clicked to recovery manager it says can't open file x recovery hp rita-tool thats why i cannot proceed for factoey reset please guide me how can i get back recovery manager or how can i make recovery media nbsp please help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/create-recovery-media-without-recovery-manager/td-p/5832416
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello, I am trying to completely factory reset my pc but when I select Windows Recovery Environment in HP recovery manager, it just brings me to the login screen after it restarts my computer. I have tried factory resetting using windows but I get the message 'Could not find the recovery environment.'Is it possible for me to factory reset without having to spend any money, or will I have to order a disk from HP?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-recovery-manager-Recovery-environment-not-doing-anything/td-p/5685793
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a last resort for me nbsp My PC failed and would no longer boot to Windows Just kept spinning while trying to load Manager Cannot failure. Recovery access Recovery nbsp At this point I decided to access Recovery Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager Manager to do a Systom Restore back to factory settings I know I should have created a restore point when upgrading to Windows but life lesson learned nbsp Either way my installation failed and I'm no longer able to access Recovery Manager I did my diligence and backed up Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager my files to USB but it's useless since there's no operating system nbsp I downloaded a copy of Windows and burned to a disk but when booting from CD Drive it doesn't prompt to install Windows just says it is preparing set up for first use then an error appears saying Windows could not complete installation To install windows on this computer restart the installation nbsp I tried using my CD key on the microsoft website to try and download a copy of windows but it wouldn't let me because it was a factory copy nbsp I'm at a complete loss right now can't find any help with this situation and paying someone to fix this isn't an option nbsp What am I missing here guys nbsp Any assistance would be appreciated

A:Recovery failure. Cannot access Recovery Manager

Hi @xxboramirxx I would suggest you try the troubleshooting steps given in the link below : http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01867418 I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Recovery-failure-Cannot-access-Recovery-Manager/td-p/5841450
Relevancy 81.27%

I had deleted recovery partition because of boot mgr error. pre-installed OS: Windows 8.1 I have also ordered two sets of hp recovery disc but both shows same error (boot mgr) but yesterday I can't even open system recovery from hp recovery disc by press F11, even I try to change bios setting from secure boot to legacy boot but can't  open system recovery  What I do now?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/can-t-open-HP-recovery-manager-from-hp-recovery-disc/td-p/5798200
Relevancy 81.27%

i have an asus to recovery have install how partition, disc, No recovery CE netbook For whatever reason i don't have the recovery No recovery partition, have recovery disc, how to install partition on it I do however have the recovery backup that i made when i first got it It is stored on a USB external desktop hard drive toshiba TB When i boot up from it i get to the asus recovery screen but when i select either 'install to partition' or 'install to entire HD' it pops up with a message 'please insert external hard drive for backup' this makes no sense to me anyway i have tried different usb ports tried attaching another external hard drive and its made no difference it still comes up with the same thing because i don't have that recovery partition i can't go the normal route and boot straight off that on the hard drive Is there any way i can recreate that recovery partition put the backup files that are currently on the USB external drive onto the partition and then try it will that work

A:No recovery partition, have recovery disc, how to install

You're best bet by far is to follow this tutorial by Gregrocker. Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/355124-no-recovery-partition-have-recovery-disc-how-install.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hello
i deleted lenovo  recovery partition on g510 laptop and don't have recovery dvd.
i need to recover laptop to original state.
please help me

Moderator comment: Post split out of Knowledgebase. Subject edited to match content.

A:[G510] Recovery partition deleted and no Recovery ...

hi izadfard

Welcome to the Forums.

If you didn't create a recovery drive (using this method) then I recommend you contact lenovo on how to obtain a copy of the recovery disc which restores the preloaded Win8 OS, drivers, and apps.

Alternatively, if the machine came preloaded Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you can try the following:

For Windows 8:
1. Obtain a Windows 8 installation disc and use it to reinstall Windows (if the system is preloaded with Windows 8, the installation will automatically detect the Win8 product key in the UEFI Firmware / BIOS and will automatically activate Windows).
2. From here, you can obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page and/or upgrade to Windows 8.1 via the Windows Store (see this guide)

For Windows 8.1:
1. Check this guide on how to obtain a Windows 8.1 ISO (see Option One)
2. When finished, follow this guide to make a bootable UEFI Win8.1 installer via DVD or USB flashdrive and use it to install Windows (the installation should be able to detect the Windows 8.1 product key in the UEFI firmware that will let you activate Windows).
3. If successful, obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page 

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-Recovery-partition-deleted-and-no-Recovery-DVD/td-p/2027710
Relevancy 81.27%

Well I finished my project - the program script allows me to create MBR and GPT hard drive partitions with a recovery image partition. The script also allows me to install 3 different versions of windows. and lastly it allows me to capture a recovery (push button reset) image. which can then be used to create recovery media..

Here is the Menu Snippet:
(A) CREATE A "BIOS_MBR TYPE" PARTITION STRUCTURE
(B) CREATE A "UEFI_GPT TYPE" PARTITION STRUCTURE
(C) CAPTURE AND CREATE A "BIOS_MBR TYPE" RECOVERY
(D) CAPTURE AND CREATE A "UEFI TYPE" RECOVERY
(I) INSTALL MICROSOFT WINDOWS FROM THIS USB DRIVE
(X) QUIT THIS PROGRAM

WinPE 5.1 was the preinstallation environment use for testing

A:Create a Recovery Partition and Recovery Image

Good one! I always have to go back and look up the procedure and commands when doing this. Really a help for an old brain.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/57595-create-recovery-partition-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello! I'm a owner of a HP Mini 5101. It has a function to press F11 to return the system into the "out-of-the-box" state. But my problem starts here. When I press F11 I imediately get a screen that says Windows Boot manager on top and and error : 0xc000000e and required device is inaccessible. This started after I made a "clean" install with the DVD Windows 7 that came with the computer as I tried to avoid all the "crapware" that comes included with the new notebook. If I boot into Windows, the HP_RECOVERY partition is visible and the HP recovery image is on it. Is there anyway to get the F11 recovery back to working state? I have some BCD editing knowledge in that would help in any way with my problem..... Thank you very much! U

Solved!
View Solution.

A:F11 HP recovery doesn't boot into recovery partition

Thank you very much for getting back to me so fast.I have to apologize as I did not explain my problem in the right way. Technically I am able to boot the partition, but the problem occurs when the partition needs to boot into WinRE or WinPE I guess so that the recovery can start. The loading process gets stuck immediately at the beginning even before anything "Windows related stuff" starts loading. So about five seconds after I turn on the computer and boot into the recovery partition, or pressing F11 the error that I'm describing shows up. Update: I managed to fix my problem. After setting the recovery partition to active, and booting from the installation USB with windows 7, I managed to fix the mbr that was corrupted and the partition didn't know what to boot. So after fixing it, i had no problem running the recovery. Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/F11-HP-recovery-doesn-t-boot-into-recovery-partition/td-p/197434
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi.
I created a Factory Recovery Media on a Flash Drive from Dell  Backup & Recovery Panel.
Do I still need to keep the Factory Recovery Partition (6GB) on my C:\ Drive? 
Or can I delete this partition and still be able to restore my Software back to it's factory image using the bootable Recovery media Flash Drive?

TC.

A:Do I need my Recovery Partition having a Factory Recovery Media.

Hi,
Thank You for writing to us!
We would not recommend you to delete the factory image on the system,also please check the factory image that you have backed up.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19669918
Relevancy 81.27%

If you have a recovery drive - that includes the recovery partition - made on one computer, but have a toshiba laptop with a bad drive (but the recovery partition is ok), can you replace/copy the partition on the recovery drive with the recovery partition from the bad laptop HD?

My friend's laptop would not boot, and would not factory recover, reset, or refresh. I tried to clone the hard drive before I started messing with the disc. It would not clone, but I was able to copy the recovery partition to a USB drive.

He never make recovery discs, so could not re-install, but I can borrow the recovery drive that my aunt made for her laptop.

A:replace recovery partition in recovery drive?

There may be a couple problems with that. The Factory Image is too large to be just copied to a Fat32 partition, so it has to be divided in sections. You could do that using DISM and put the .swm files in the sources folder. Not even a guess as to whether it would work.

There is other information concerning the configuration of the computer making the recovery drive. If it was made on a different computer, that info would probably be incorrect and not allow a reset.

I have never tried, but you might be able to copy the Factory image to a drive formatted as NTFS and then set the recovery to look for that file for a reset. Maybe you have already copied the entire recovery partition...

If you assume the factory image is the same for both systems, can you copy the entire Recovery Image partition from the bad drive to the good drive?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/48430-replace-recovery-partition-recovery-drive.html
Relevancy 81.27%

HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab223nx (ENERGY STAR) i had upgrade windows 10 to build 10586the recovery partion had changed to letter Fand then hp recovery maneger donnt sea or know the  recovery partitioni changed the recovery driver letter again to Dbut still have the same problem

Relevancy 81.27%

Dear Customer Service of HP I want to inform you about all your tips about making the Recovery partition as active is not working at all. I have changed as active and nothing. Is there anything else that I can doI have pavilion dv9819wm with vista home premium. I've format drive C with windows 7 and now the F11 is not starting the recovery partition. I tried also with the makeing the recovery partition active and still nothing.I download recovery partition software from official HP site and still nothing. The instalation is starting but at one point of the instalation it says "The recovery manager setup has stop working" and there is no solution online.Please if you can help me to get my original software. Thankking you in advanced

A:Re: F11 HP recovery doesn't boot into recovery partition

sounds like you need to order a set of recovery disks from hp, you can usually find them online at www.hp.com/support

click Kudos to say thanks if I helped

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-F11-HP-recovery-doesn-t-boot-into-recovery-partition/td-p/217062
Relevancy 81.27%

yeah i was just seeing if you could make a recovery disk from the recovery partition? it wouldnt make sense to why u couldnt do it?? but how to go about it??

A:Could you make a Recovery Disc from Recovery Partition?

You would do that by creating an image. Then burn it to a cd.

Do you mean a XP recovery Console cd? or a whole system image?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/could-you-make-a-recovery-disc-from-recovery-partition-628510.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Does anyone know how to create an ISO from a recovery partition? I'm looking to create a bootable flash drive to install XP on my ASUS 1005HA. (I have Windows 7 starter, but I don't want to pay the 80 bones to upgrade to the full version.) I also have an ASUS 1000HA with XP--and the corresponding recovery partition--that I'd like to use to put XP on the new netbook. Unfortunately, I don't have a USB optical drive (I'm cheap--sue me) and so I need to use the bootable flash drive.

Long story short, I know how to make the bootable flash, but I need an XP recovery ISO to load onto it to allow me to install the OS. Anybody know how I can make one from the recovery partitions?

A:Creating Recovery Disc ISO from Recovery Partition

Using a recovery image from one PC to install on another PC with different hardware is not going to work.

Besides it is illegal, we cannot help with that here, read the site rules.

Other Illegal Activities - As you might expect, we don't want anything illegal going on here. Users cannot post hacks, cracks, pirated software, or anything of the like. Furthermore, we do not allow instructions on how to complete illegal activities, such as pirating. Please don't ask for advice on using illegal software, as it will be removed.Click to expand...

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-recovery-disc-iso-from-recovery-partition.890051/
Relevancy 81.27%

http://i.imgur.com/f3x5U.png
http://i.imgur.com/TZ0ZN.png

Can I get some help with this please?

A:Recovery doesn't detect my recovery partition

What make & Model.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/273227-recovery-doesnt-detect-my-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there,

I am having a hard time finding the straight answer I am looking for. Could someone help me please?

My question concerns the HP brand computer...

When you create recovery discs, are they created from the recovery partition that is there to restore to factory settings or some other hidden partition?

Donna

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/391614-recovery-disc-creation-vs-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello I have a Lenovo laptop running Windows Professional and I need about Recovery - Windows 7 Partition/Recovery methods to somehow use system recover to sort out the multiple problems The OS was installed when it was new and no WIndows OS DVD's were issued with the laptop The WIndows install is legit The problem is only the failure of Lenovo to give customers the OS DVD's with the new laptop The Lenovo warranty period has expired and their help support is less than useless The about Recovery Partition/Recovery methods - Windows 7 recovery method in the Lenovo instructions does not work I press the Novo key and F and get to the start of the recovery process where I select language and then when I click Next the process stops with an alert saying I need to log in - see system administrator So I am unable to use the built in Recovery method I read there are several other methods of recovery and two of them I have explored Mircosoft website has a software-recovery section where I can enter my Product ID Key and language and download an ISO for burning to be used as an install disk for fresh WIndow Professional install The required character Windows Key xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx which I obtained using a registration key app but is not accepted by Microsoft so I cannot proceed to download an ISO I believe the Key is correct as it matches what I recorded one year ago and is same using two different Key recovery apps The Lenovo website gave instructions for burning DVD's to be used for restoring the laptop to as released from factory settings I have successfully burned all three DVD's from the Recovery partition and since this is my last option and there is some uncertainty about whether or not I have the correct Windows Key I hesitate to proceed with this option because if I am asked to key in the Windows Key and it is not correct accepted I am in a worse position than I am was before I attempted recovery I can't find any references to exactly what happens using these reovery disks so I am uncertain if I'm going to encounter the potential for the Product key barrier So it all comes down to one question If I use these Recovery DVD's is the Windows registration key included already so I can restore to as new without hiccups If the Windows Key is stored in the recovery disks I can proceed and all will be well but if not I will be stuck

A:about Recovery Partition/Recovery methods - Windows 7

The site that you inputted your key does not accept OEM keys. Right click Computer > Properties. At the bottom of the page you will see your PID. If it has OEM in the PID then you cannot download an iso from Microsoft's site. You can input your key into the Ultimate PID checker and it will tell you the key is Valid.

If you created DVD's using lenovo's utility then you should not need to enter any key. It will be pre-activated.

When it asks you to login does it have a user and password box? Can you post a screen shot of the window?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583273/about-recovery-partitionrecovery-methods-windows-7/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello new to the fourms here i hope to be a contrubuiting member Anyways onto my dilema I had recently purchased a new Emachines C for a client of mine however the machine only comes with XP Home on it the machine is recovery system recovery using partition being used for card access so I needed to install XP professional onto it Well I went out purchased the upgrade and well being the man that i am I completly disreguarded the little set of instructions that said quot please insert the upgrade disk After the computer has started up quot Soo what I did was I inserted the disk before it started up went into the windows installiation screen and installed it onto the main partition there were two partitions by the way one of them one i left alone was a partition housing the recovery-cd information see emachines does not give you a copy of the recovery cd's instead you need to make your own with a program emachine's provides system recovery using recovery partition with the system please note that i did not reformat the partition completly so i didn't reformat it to ntfs i left it as so and just overwritten the OS files now when i system recovery using recovery partition boot the computer it says quot Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt lt Windows Root gt system hal dll please re-install a copy of the above file quot so im basicly screwed I have a copy of ERD Commander like a system utilities bootable enviroment and theres a nifty program on it to assist in restoring the system back to a previous wipe it specificaly says quot incase of an accidently reformatt quot but im not sure what to do with the files it finds some are orphaned and whatnot just clueless here Anyways emachines is shipping me a set of recovery cds which should be here in - days which isn't good for me because without this pc the building is well defenceless in terms of door security So heres what I was thinking what if i install a copy of windows home or professional i have a few copies laying around but the product keys has been registered so the purpose of me doing this would just be so i can have some sort of OS to do the following since the recovery partition is still intact Does anyone here know of a way that I can somehow access the files on this partition to make the restore cd's the phone-tech person said that i can not do this they are bootable files iso's but that doesn't mean that Someone outthere might know something any help is GREATLY appreciated thank you

A:system recovery using recovery partition

see if there is something among this lot to acheive what you want
http://www.google.com/search?num=50&...tition&spell=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-recovery-using-recovery-partition-76388.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

I earlier wanted to format my Lenovo laptop (with vista home basic SP1) but then dropped the idea when i found out i had not received the vista OS disc with the laptop.

Now i discovered tht a recovery cud be made from my computer itself through the recovery partition, but when i checked, the recovery partition SCREAMS THAT ITS 100% FREE! , although I have never formatted it since i bought it!
It was my understanding that a recovery is pre-installed...

Now i need to know if a recovery is still possible....!

As a bonus, my DVD optical drive is also not working!

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

A:Is recovery possible if recovery partition says its 100% free?

Welcome
I would not be concerned, the partition is not the way to go, anyway. If you use the partition you must upadate, install software, change settings etc. Why not use the free Macrium Reflect, put an image on your hard drive (upadate once a month). When disaster comes use the image to reinstall. Hey its free and you do not have to worry about reinstalling software etc.
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
For the record the partion should really be there. You could donwload the free windirstat and see just what is on that hard drive.

For the record the partition is probably there, but they usually hide it. In that case Windirstat may not be of benefit, either.

EDIT: In addition, if you put the image on your external hard drive (as you should) you have protection even if the HD fails.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295423-recovery-possible-if-recovery-partition-says-its-100-free.html
Relevancy 78.26%

High Guys and Girls I joined the forum for assistance with a botched using New Partition Recovery copy USB on on Recovery HDD recovery on a new HDD B From the beginning I created a Repair Disc Then I Xcopied the Recovery Partition files to an external HDD Years Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB later tragedy Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB struck and the HDD stopped working After a few attempts at recovering I concluded the HDD was dead Now I have a fresh HDD I can not receover with the Repair Disc anymore so I searched and found this article which seemed promising since I did a file copy of the RecPartition https guyrleech wordpress com le-usb-storage It wouldn't boot from the USB so I came here to request help when I found this by searching System Image Recovery - Restore Image Recovery on New HDD using Recovery Partition copy on USB on Computer in Windows The caveat at the top of the page fixed why the USB wasn't booting due to the Legacy setting in BIOS So I tried again and it appeared to be working so I let it run and postponed starting this thread After numerous Auto restarts and configuring quot Restoration Incomplete quot I get this message in CTOERROR flg ChkErrBB cmd Detect some error during PININST BBV error code x c The memory could not be read When I check the BurnBootMergeBBV log file this is what shows as failed Everything checks out until the section for Beginning of the EPSCT bbv CMD The last line shows quot CDC Checking Failed quot Result of Intel Smart Connect Technology Driver ERRORLEVEL - RESULT FAILED Everything subsequent shows quot Passed quot I select retry and get the same thing I've been up all day working on this so I'll have to start searching for the new ERR messages later A glance at the directory structure of C appears to have all of the Programs loaded in P-Files amp P-Files x Overall the installation takes up GB If you have tried this type of installation or have any tips on what the problem could be I'm all ears err eyes fingers screen and keyboard I guess

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/72944-recovery-new-hdd-using-recovery-partition-copy-usb.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi everybody I have HP or Disks Partition Recovery Recovery Desktop with Windows Home Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition Premium When I was using Vista there was a difference between using recovery partition on the hard drive to restore Windows and Recovery disks that you create yourself The Recovery Partition one would only restore your computer to it's shipping condition - meaning that if I had partitioned the drive and had Windows partition separately Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition from my other files it will Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition erase all of it and get rid of that new partition of mine along with all my files If I used the disks - it will give me an option of shipping condition OR just to reinstall Windows partition of my drive so all other files are not erased In Windows the created disks give me only one choice - Factory System Reset Does it mean that it will erase it ALL or just the Windows partition I really don't want to back up GB of my data just need the Windows partition erased and reinstalled Will Recovery Disks do that or is there any other option for doing it with Windows

A:Recovery Disks or Recovery Partition

I would not run the Recovery Disks without backing up data. It doesn't sound like they will let you choose where to install Win7.

You can always borrow or locate a clean retail copy of your version Win7 to clean install with Product Key on your COA sticker on machine. Many tech enthusiasts do this to avoid the bloatware and useless factory utilities. Let us know if you want more information on this.

You can also make your own Win7 Backup image saved externally so you never have to reinstall or recover again, just reimage from the saved file. Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/110094-recovery-disks-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Since I'm not an expert at present I can't do a lot to help others in this forum solve their problems So I figure that the most helpful thing I can do is post enough information that hopefully others can learn from my experiences That's why I'm putting so much documentation Partition Resize Partition Failure Recovery 2) (Part - PW found issues into this thread I have a WD TB external hard drive that I use for both System Image and data file backups A week ago I was trying to resize one of its partitions and the process got hung up partway through I took some steps to try to address any problems that may have resulted but apparently I didn't do enough Here's the background nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by LaurieD I was using Paragon Hard Disk Manager to resize a partition on a WD TB external hard drive I let the process run overnight and somehow it was interrupted during the Quick Data Moving step Upon resuming the program indicated Resize Partition Failure (Part 2) - PW Partition Recovery found issues it had data that still needed to be moved so I let it continue The process apparently stopped at the quot Rebuilding Partitions Info quot stage - neither the percent complete nor the elapsed time nor the time had remaining changed for at least the past - hours Until it suddenly stopped the elapsed time had been steadily growing I've attached a screenshot showing the Paragon dashboard and status windows nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by LaurieD Update When I began to deal with the issue here were the results - I was able to close the Paragon app and its various windows without having to force it to close - I was able to reboot my laptop without having to force anything to close - Upon reboot I could see all of my partitions both on my internal drive and my external drive I immediately ran CHKDSK on each partition and each one passed with no errors except for the partition I had been trying to re-size - It had a corrupt attribute that said it was fixed and part of the free space was changed to show as being allocated - When I checked that space through Disk Management it had been set up as its own partition rather than being added to the partition I was trying to expand and in fact several sections of unallocated space were showing up in odd places - but the partitions that hold data appeared to be intact and the same size as they were before I started and I could see the files and folders that had been there before http www sevenforums com software -resize-partition-failure-process-stopped-no-error-message html

A:Resize Partition Failure (Part 2) - PW Partition Recovery found issues

I read about PW Partition Recovery in one of the tutorials, so I ran a Quick Scan of the entire 2TB drive, with the following results (see screen shot).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365768-resize-partition-failure-part-2-pw-partition-recovery-found-issues.html
Relevancy 71.38%

So a while ago my Manager can't HP Why Up Offi... Open save Recovery Manager/Back automatic updates told me I should upgrade to Windows on my Windows Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... computer I did I've used it find for a while and then suddenly Why can't HP Recovery Manager/Back Up Manager save Open Offi... it started repairing itself and I got one of those bsod that eventually lead me to a nbsp pick a keyboard set up It of course made it so that I couldn't use any ports keyboards or mice no matter which I used After some reading I was told to go back to factory settings but before I did that I used the backup manager that HP offers I selected music videos and documents actually I think I selected all of the available options Anyhow once my computer was finished backing itself up onto my external harddrive with the HP program I reset the computer back to factory settings Upon opening the recovery manager and searching through my recovered files i have everything except my Open Office Files Is there a reason why this happened Did I do something wrong Does anyone know why it wouldn't have accepted those as documents to back up I'm extremely frustrated as I am a writer a poor one obviously since I have to use a free program instead of Microsoft Office and everything I was working on is simply gone with no explanation nbsp nbsp Can anyone help me understand Possibly even help me find the files if they are somewhere not quite so obvious

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Why-can-t-HP-Recovery-Manager-Back-Up-Manager-save-Open/td-p/5850885
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi

currently I am using vista ultimate. I have only one partition (C:)

i want to install vista home premium onto (C:) but my dvd/cd drive does not work. I do not have (or want to use) a portable DVD/CD drive to reformat.

Im thinking of creating another partition (D:) and then transfering the "bootable folder for home premium", from another computer to (D:) via usb drive.

Can I boot from this new partition (D:) and reformat (C:)?

thanks.

A:HELP! No CD Drive, want to make recovery partition to format main partition

Hi -

Shrink the HDD --> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...n-my-hard-disk

However, Vista must be installed from DVD.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-no-cd-drive-want-to-make-recovery-partition-to-format-main-partition-508557.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi
As the topic says; after installation of a fresh copy from the original disc win7, my second partition "D" has been renamed itself to the Recovery Partition. You can see it only in the application "Disk Management". I do not have access into it at all. When I click the right mouse button ?help? option appears only . There are very important files to me.
I tried to use EASEUS Partition Master but I'm afraid of losing data.
Please help.

A:[SOLVED] After win7 install, 2nd partition has renamed itself to Recovery Partition

Have you taken the install disc out ? Sounds dumb but the d: partition is generally a reserved partition and indicates your CD-ROM drive, to me it looks like your install disc, the file system is UDF which is universal disc format, you have two recovery partitions on top. Remove the disk, reboot. Then choose a different letter other than D for your recovery partition.. Best to start with z

The fact that the file encryption is UDF, you will not have the ability to modify it, its not NTFS, FAT or FAT32.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-after-win7-install-2nd-partition-has-renamed-itself-to-recovery-partition-1002346.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

Need some help. I recently bought Acer Aspire 5560G. It comes with 500GB HDD with only one partition which is drive C. There are 2 hidden partitions as well. I would like to split my drive C in 2 partitions without effecting my Recovery partition. Is it possible??? if yes than what's the best way?? Help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Hard Drive Partition Without Effecting Recovery Partition

I think the easiest way to accomplish that is to shrink your C: partition. That will create unallocated space. And the unallocated space can be used to create a new partition.

Partition or Volume - Shrink

Partition or Volume - Create New

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/253969-hard-drive-partition-without-effecting-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I deleted the unwanted recovery partitions on windows 8.1 using  'Diskpart'.The unallocated memories were created but they cannot be used to extend any other partitions even by using Diskpart.I am just able to create them as normal partitions buth
not by combining them but each seperately.Any solution for this...pls...

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15804476-8890-4a13-b739-6b29c4999e3b/cannot-use-the-unallocated-partition-of-recovery-partition-to-extend-other-partitions?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 70.52%

Is there a way to boot directly off of D:(recovery partition) so i can restore my gateway laptop to factory settings? Right now I get a "BOOTMGR is missing" error message. The C: drive is completely gone, but like i said, the recovery partition is intact.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried hitting f11 at startup to bring up gateways recovery menu, but again nothing. I have the windows vista recovery environment disc also if that helps.

A:Formatted Windows Vista partition, but i still have the Recovery partition on D:

There are files on c: used by the recovery partition on d:

Boot with your Vista recovery DVD and reinstall Vista.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/formatted-windows-vista-partition-but-i-still-have-the-recovery-partition-on-d-535854.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I d/l Win8.0 Pro (3 upgrade copies) in the very beginning of its life when it was $40x2 and $15 from Win7Pro. Now the hitch: one of the PC's crapped out and in order to use the recovery or reset option, the OS asks for "recovery media" which I don't have. BTW, I upgraded to Win8.1 in the interim but my product key only works in Win8.0. MS tech support is OK but their solutions so far are just so-so and my spare PC just sits there. I have a working 8.1 PC, does anyone know which files in Win8.1 tend to be corrupted so that I could copy them from the working PC to the non working one?

A:Win8.1 recovery/reset

Does the non-working PC still boot. If it does, open an elevated command prompt and do "sfc /scannow" It can repair some corrupted files.

Some files in \Windows are owned and managed by an internal account called TrustedInstaller. You cannot modify or replace those files in any way; so copying files over from another PC won't work.

Corrupted files usually indicate a hard drive with bad sectors. That usually can be dealt with by right click on C drive, choose Properties > Tools tab > Check Now button. There aren't any files that "tend to be corrupted".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win8-1-recovery-reset.1120841/
Relevancy 69.66%

I had to do a hard reset on my phone and now cant log into my Microsoft acount

A:Where do I get my reset protection recovery key?

You'll have to log on to your Microsoft account via desktop and look for the device reset protection options
If you disable it in your account the key will be generated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/414084-where-do-i-get-my-reset-protection-recovery-key.html
Relevancy 69.66%

my pc is stuck in recover after trying to run automatic repair and it failed no matter what windows wont boot up

A:how can i reset my pc if its stuck in recovery

automatic repair can't solve all, when repair failed, the insert the install cd and try to do a install/repair,

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/how-can-i-reset-my-pc-if-its-stuck-in-recovery/1989.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My husband was recently given a laptop by a vendor whom he doesn't see often. As far as I know it works, however, it has a password which I cannot crack even using the password hint. There is no disc drive so I loaded basically a hacker program on a flash drive to get the password. I have followed all of the instructions but the laptop won't load past "Press F2 to enter setup" with the flash drive in. I then have to force it to shut off, holding down the power button. I don't know what else to do at this point since it did not come with the distcs. If I can't figure it out I will have to wait until my husband does another job with the guy. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Password reset/recovery

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to defeat existing copyright or security measures. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM. Thank you for your understanding.This topic is now closed.~BladeForum Global ModeratorReference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376281/password-resetrecovery/
Relevancy 69.66%

System Toshiba C i Gb Can use USB drive win 8.1 I recovery to reset mem Win x OEM Hello all I have been struggling w a very slow boot Can I use recovery USB drive to reset win 8.1 up time Can I use recovery USB drive to reset win 8.1 that just started happening I have gone through alot to try and isolate the problem to no avail I did have an issue with check dsk in safe mode Can I use recovery USB drive to reset win 8.1 that said it found errors but was unable to see any specifics in event log as it said event log service was unavailable I disabled start up progs and apps still a problem SFC did not find any problems tried bootrec scenario to no avail I cannot seem to find the culprit-driving me mad I created a recovery USB drive when I first got the laptop and was wondering if I could do a system restore with that or do a system reset System is fine when booted but hate waiting for the boot plus there is obviously something ill going on Also a little concerned with the chk dsk error report in safe mode-no error found in normal boot Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Also has anyone used Ontrack prog to assess hard drive health

A:Can I use recovery USB drive to reset win 8.1

Yes, that is what a USB recovery drive is for. Thing is, it will take you back to day one when you made it if you do a complete restore. Even with refresh you will lose some user installed programs. Back up any data you don't want to lose.

Could run a chkdsk /r from elevated command prompt. Reboot and it will take some time to complete. Could also download the drive manufacturers utility to check/repair the drive. At least you'll feel better about the drive itself before going on to something more serious.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57591-can-i-use-recovery-usb-drive-reset-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have read the tutorials, and I am having trouble with method three (Offline NT Password Recovery), which is what it need to do being that there are no other accounts on his laptop.

My situation - my friend's brother passed away unexpectedly and I need to retrieve information on his computer (pictures mainly) for the funeral service. I have used OphCrack and Offline NT PR, but I'm not sure if I'm using them correctly.

Please understand that this is a very serious post, and any and all replies will be helpful. Thank you for your time.

A:Password Recovery/Reset?

Hello jbeezy,

I am guessing that you are referring to Method 3 in this Tutorial
Reset User Account Password

which in turn refers you to
Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

You need to be more specific about what you are unsure of.
Please supply more details.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/241367-password-recovery-reset.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have a hp pavilion g7-1219wm Notebook PC and upgraded from windows 7 home premium to the new windows 10 and the hp set up manager and hp recovery manager will not open the user account  control says this app has been blocked for your protection. I do not know if my Norton 360 is blocking it or what. Windows 10 also did not load the hp wifi connection manager.  My hp launch box ans hp support assistant works fine. Does anyone else have this problem?

A:HP recovery manager and hp setup manager not working with wi...

I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC and I have experienced the same problem with HP Setup Manager after upgradingfrom Windows 7 to Windows 10. It has also de-activated my Microsoft Office 2010 and completely got rid of my Norton antivirus program. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks WinonaJS

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-recovery-manager-and-hp-setup-manager-not-working-with/td-p/5176949
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys I want to upgrade my gf's computer by putting in a new hdd that is double the size of her current hdd She has a dell which has two partitions one which is where the os is located and the with OS recovery partition [SOLVED] and partition HDD Cloning other one has a recovery partition which is activated [SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition when I press ctrl f at boot up The recovery partition is a ghost software just for further information I read something on this thread http www techsupportforum com f on- html I plan to use drive image xml to do the clones What I plan to do is to clone each partition one at a time and than restore it on the new hdd which would have the same C partion for the OS the D for the recovery partition The question that I have is if when I complete the restoring of both the partitions will I be able to activate the recovery partition just by pressing ctrl f [SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition as I did with the original hdd The reason that I am asking is because pressing ctrl f is the only way to use the recovery partition when it is needed Thank you

A:[SOLVED] Cloning HDD with OS partition and recovery partition

You have to also clone the MBR and partition table. Or you might be able to use the tool from the following web site to restore the Dell proprietary MBR:
Inside the Dell PC Restore Partition

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cloning-hdd-with-os-partition-and-recovery-partition-483850.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I just lost a partition. It changed, something happened I cannot access my hard drive now.

I have used R-Studio data recovery in past and it has worked well for me. I was just wondering what other people out there think is the best data recovery software for a lost or changed partition?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-data-recovery-partition-for-a-partition-loss.784748/
Relevancy 69.23%

I was running partition magic to partiton an external hard drive but partiton magic took it upon itself to do...something to my recovery partition. the recovery partition doesnt show up. its there because the other partition software i use (minipartition) sees it and can view the files. i think maybe partiton magic unlabled it or something. PLEASE help. i have no idea what to do

A:partition magic and windows 7 recovery partition

That's no problem; try giving it a letter in Device Manager.

Drive Letter - Add, Change, or Remove in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to TSF by the way!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/partition-magic-and-windows-7-recovery-partition-548308.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Samsung Ultrabook series 5 laptop..some couple of month usage i completely remove my hard drive and change the windows 8 to windows 7..when i use windows 7 i realize windows 8 is much better then windows 7 so again i clean install of windows 8. i boot drive in PXE UEFI Only Mode.​Some reserved partition created also 300MB Healthy Recovery Partition is Created.when i install a Samsung Recovery Solution Software it Says "Recovery Partition Does Not Exist"..What do i do.also when i refresh Pc it gives me Error "The Drive is Locked Where the Windows Installed"​ I want to make my Laptop like 1st time it was...

Can any one Please Help me...

A:Recovery Partition Problem.Partition Does Not Exist.

I want to make my Laptop like 1st time it was

If you did not make the factory recovery discs during the initial setup of you laptop, your only recourse at this time is to order them from the manufacturer. You have no other options available at this time to recover your laptop to "factory status."

Good luck,

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/35177-recovery-partition-problem-partition-does-not-exist.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys I am trying to fix this HP Compaq dx 2300 Microtower. It is running Windos XP Pro.When it is turned on there is a message on the screen that says:Boot from CDWarning: A partion overlaps your system recovery partition. Press F10 to start system recovery anyway or another key to delete the recovery partition.I did not press F10, instead i pressed any other key. The reason is because I think it will ask for a Restore CD when I press F10. and the restore CD will surely clean out everyting on the hard drive. How on earth can I get this message on screen out of the way....and is there another way around this ??Please help me......

A:A Partition Overlaps System Recovery partition

Since this is an HP specific recovery partition, I really would suggest contacting HP Technical Support as they may have better information for you.I would suggest using their online chat since it is usually faster and they are more willing to help even out of warranty (in my experience)However if they refuse to help you out of warranty. (assuming it is out of warranty)My following suggestions are assuming that you have proper HP restore media (cd/dvd) in their entirety in proper format and are not scratched or damaged.Sometimes if the recovery partition of your hard drive is damaged, even doing a recovery using the cd/dvd is not going to re-write the recovery partition, it will only reformat and recover the main user parition.For that reason what I really would suggest is to backup your files, and reformat your hard drive from another computer. Then use the restore cd's to re-write the partitions on the drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/194736/a-partition-overlaps-system-recovery-partition/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all, I have a windows 7 professional computer at work, which needs to run win XP in virtual mode to run a gate system. I have set it up to auto login to the xp mode, and it seems to be working fine. However, I also have an emergency back up computer which I pulled out to update the other day, and it's asking for the winxp password, which I somehow did not get written down, arrrgh!!. Does anybody know of a why to find out the existing password from the main computer, so that I can get the back up computer working again? Or, at the least, a way to reset both of them if necessary? Thank you for your time.

A:Win 7 XP mode password recovery/reset help?

I also have an emergency back up computer which I pulled out to update the other day, and it's asking for the winxp password, which I somehow did not get written down, arrrgh!!. Does anybody know of a why to find out the existing password from the main computer, so that I can get the back up computer working again? Click to expand...

From the TSG forum rules:

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-xp-mode-password-recovery-reset-help.1116427/
Relevancy 68.8%

My problem is as follows.
i installed monitoring and filtering software on the computer.
my kids just restarted the computer and choose refresh and it was gone.
in win 7 i set a new restore point and deleted the previous ones solving that problem.
i know that there is a way to not allow using the system refresh with group policy and regedit hacks but i would not like to have to go down that road.

so the question is how can i control what the restore and refresh settings do?

thx
jo

A:addressing reset and recovery options

Hi jogold and welcome to Eight Forums,
Actually i dont think so there is a way to controll what refresh and restore option does cause they have simple function:
_The refresh option removes all the 3rd Party software contents and reset all your windows settings but it doesnt remove your windows store apps, and you can roll back by a restore point from this.
_While the restore option remove evrything and reset all windows settings ad put your windows to stock like when you bought it, and all the restore points will be removed.
So i dont see any reason why do you want to controll these 2 settings.
If you want to get that monitoring software back go to restore to an earlier point center and follow on screen instructions, or refer to this article:How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50155-addressing-reset-recovery-options.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I got a new computer and made an admin account and a standard one.
I forgot the password to the admin account and need a way to reset or recover it.
The standard account is still accessible and it's limited features are still functional.
If you have any idea how to rectify this, please tell me how.
Thank you

A:Admin Password reset/recovery

Sorry but the Terms of Service at BC do not allow discussion of such topics.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276153/admin-password-resetrecovery/
Relevancy 68.8%

My system files or something had been deleted and i dont know how.This happened when i installed an anti malware application and i think this deleted the system files. When i try the recovery option to factory reset it says -windows cannot restart the computer into the windows recovery environment to complete the recovery operation.I also tried to do this by pressing f11 in the startup but the factory reset option is disabled and i am not able to click it.Please tell me how do i factory reset my computer.P.s -I dont have the recovery disk and my windows 7 -64 bit is dual booted with kali linux 2 Any Help will be appreciated..Thanks in advanceAnchit

A:recovery to factory reset not working :(

Malware can do terrible things to the PC.  I suspect either the malware or dual booting has disabled the Recovery access.  Assuming the Recovery Partition is still there on the hard drive, it might be possible to get Recovery Manager to run and then you can make the Recovery Disk Set.  Typical view of the Recovery Partition shows as a "lock", so the need to release that is imperative.   I have not tried, but perhaps the Linux you are running on the dual boot option can look inside the partition and mark that partition as active.  Then reboot using the Recovery Partition as the boot. I do know that some have had success after marking the Recovery Partition as active.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/recovery-to-factory-reset-not-working/td-p/5689907
Relevancy 68.8%

Why does it prompt me to insert my media on reset my computer reset then it shut off now i cant make it past acer screen and now im stuck and cant get to reset it because i have no media disc this is stupid my computer is useless n i have no clue what to do

A:Acer e5-521 trying to reset via recovery options or alt+f10

Can you get into the bios & Safe mode?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/acer-e5521-trying-to-reset-via-recovery-options-or-altf10/402.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I did a Fsctory Reset on what was Vista Home Premium (sp) 2 and would like to know if there is any way possible to retrieve images or docs. Also the spacks are not supported anymore so almost anything requires sp1. I do not have disc for Vista and am now SO SORRY I DID THAT. I tried a tool online and it displayed all my images and files but wanted  money , of course. But I can not afford any of that right now.  Any suggestions at all????  I appreciate any help. Thanks!!!

A:Factory Reset ; System Recovery

On the Downloads tab above, find Recuva and try to use that to recover your files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536914/factory-reset-;-system-recovery/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi community.After making a mess of a previous factory reset atempt and wiping the the HP recovery drive and tools drive I have obtained a recovery stick from HP (F9A59AV#UUF) and I am teriffied of messing everything up again so I am asking for help before going any further.I have inserted the drive and it opens in Windows file explorer and ran 8.1 setup, checked for updates but could only get as far as"windows has failed to determine supported install choices" setup failed.What do I do next please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HOW-TO-USE-RECOVERY-STICK-FOR-FACTORY-RESET/td-p/5781394
Relevancy 67.94%

How to do factory reset without recovery disk and accidentally recovery drive also deleted .. My window is 8.1 single language and pre installed window

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-do-factory-reset-without-recovery-disk-and/td-p/5688714
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone I need some help recovering Windows on my XPS Due USB Win 10 9350 Recovery/Reset XPS13 fails to a charging issue the motherboard and ssd were replaced by DELL yesterday However left me without a working system I needed to restore Windows myself What I ve done Download a windows recovery image selected via my service tag Installed the ISO on a bootable USB drive Booted from it and started recovery full clean The laptop starts working and counting percentage Right after it XPS13 9350 USB Win 10 Recovery/Reset fails says there was a problem resetting your PC The end No further info I tried recovery reset I tried different BIOS settings but I don t know what they should be The laptop asked a few times to enable TMP which I did I tried to create a Dell Recovery amp Restore USB drive but the tools to create one only run on Windows whereas the XPS13 9350 USB Win 10 Recovery/Reset fails only working OS XPS13 9350 USB Win 10 Recovery/Reset fails in my home is OSX Now I m stuck I don t know what to do to get Windows running Who has any tips for me

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994681
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi
I own an Ei system laptop but cannot make a recovery disk set because this message comes up;
(When I click on: Start>Programs>System Recovery>Recovery Media Creator)

"A Recovery set has already been created for this pc.
You are not allowed to create another set."

Along time ago when the computer was new, I started the Recovery Media Creator but I think someone shut the computer down before the process was completed and I haven?t tried it again until now.

So I do not have a recovery disk and can't make one.
Could someone please help me make a recovery disk?

Relevancy 67.94%

I'm stuck at 99% since 10pm sunday night it's now Tuesday and it's still at 99% first it said one minute to go then when i look it went back up to 5 minutes then i notice that every few hours one more minutes go on it so it's been like 3 days at 99% and still counting don't want to reboot are anything so im hanging in there and see

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Recovery-factory-reset-hangs-at-99/td-p/5664243
Relevancy 67.94%

My Surface Pro 4 I tried to do the anniversary update which received an error and they advised to delete a temporary files folder which I was unable to due to permissions issue. I changed folder permissions and now the Surface won't boot as normal I did the Reboot from USB with the SPro 4 recovery file and did a reset keeping my files and it encountered an error. I was wondering if I do a reinstall of Windows 10 and use EaseUS Data recovery if it will be able to recover my lost files?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623191/windows-10-on-spro4-crashed-reset-recovery/
Relevancy 67.94%

Well, i have a Sony Vaio (model PCG-3F1L) that has developed a error: The mouse isn't recognized.
After formatting my computer the mouse doesn't work since then.The mouse led lights,but the pointer doesn't.Mouse installed perfectly first time and worked about 1 month and then failed.I tried everything.I formatted the notebook twice,i searched forums
and everything.Even saw a suggestion to turn off the notebook,remove the battery and wait about 5-15 minutes and turn on and the mouse would work.But it didn't.But if i put a pen drive on the USB entrance,it works!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c74fface-c3f8-4341-9187-a204a72805f8/mouse-not-recognized-in-windows-10-after-recovery-reset?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 67.94%

I want to reset my laptop to have all the Lenovo software back. How do I access my recovery partition? The recovery partition is already in my SSD when I get my laptop.  ?

A:How To Reset Lenovo Y700-15ISK With A Recovery Par...

Hello and welcome,

Have a look at page 23 of your User Guide

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/How-To-Reset-Lenovo-Y700-15ISK-With-A-Recovery-Partition/td-p/3363220
Relevancy 67.94%

Recently, Windows 10 auto-installed on my laptop, failed, and then attempted to rollback to 8.1 but failed this also, leaving me with Windows error 0xc0000225.  'Recovery, your pc needs to be repaired, you'll need recovery tools on installation media' etc. I've contacted HP for a recovery media disc and they are trying very hard to direct me to a factory reset. Can anyone advise whether there is a difference between recovering via media disc or via factory reset? Thanks!

A:Difference between factory reset and recovery media?

Both accomplish the same thing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Difference-between-factory-reset-and-recovery-media/td-p/5635419
Relevancy 67.94%

I made a mistake a factory reset of the laptop . And I want to return the files as they were. You could do so by ( " file backup using HP Recovery Manager " )

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-recovery-and-backup-my-files-and-folders-after-reset/td-p/5715612
Relevancy 67.94%

Can anyone help with a password recovery option for the erecovery factory restore if the password has been forgotten. Ive got an acer aspire running vista basic thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Password-recovery-for-erecovery-factory-reset-on-acer-aspire/td-p/446064/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

Can anyone help with a password recovery option for the erecovery factory restore if the password has been forgotten. Ive got an acer aspire running vista basic thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Password-recovery-for-erecovery-factory-reset-on-acer-aspire/td-p/446064
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all, I own a Lenovo Flex 10 and due to several circumstances I need to reset the notebook back to factory settings using the recovery partition. In the owners manual as well as in the maintenance manual there is pointed out to press the so-called Push-Button Reset. At the Flex 14 and Flex 15 notebooks it is described as NOVO button. Where is this button located at the Flex 10 notebook?Neither the owners, nor the maintenace manual shows any hints to find this button.Also there is no hint using any key combination (like Fn+F2 to enter the BIOS) to enter the recovery process. I also explored the Lenovo community and knowledgebase and the only thing I found was that misterious Push-Button Reset, where I'm looking for. So the question is how can I start the recovery process?Potentially is there any option in the BIOS? Kind regardsJoerg

A:Flex 10 Recovery - "Push-Button Reset"

For those still looking for the answer, try following step: 1- Shutdown your FLEX10 system2- Press F1 and hold3- Power on system4- Proceed with system restore/reset Hope that helps 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-10-Recovery-quot-Push-Button-Reset-quot/td-p/1579098
Relevancy 67.94%

I have my mac running dual boot with Windows 10. I have had windows on it a long time, and need to do a full factory reset of my windows partition(of course I have moved all the files I need to save on to an external drive). I created a "Recovery Drive", and am trying to use "Recovery-->Reset This PC", but I get the error that recovery environment was not found. I have the recovery drive connected right into the USB port(not through a HUB). I have a win7 code that I THINK I used when I first installed it, but I am not sure it will work.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43362-mac-reset-windows-not-finding-recovery-drive.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,
I have a Fujitsu Siemens notebook with Windows XP Home Edition, and I was wondering if anyone of you could tell me how I should do a system reset to the factory settings.
I don't have any recovery CD's or so, but I did save everything important on the notebook, so I wouldn't mind if I'd 'lose' everything on it.

My parents also want to perform a system reset on their notebook (they also don't have any recovery CD's, but saved all the important files). They have a Toshiba with Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance (and sorry if my English is bad).

A:System Reset/Recovery to factory settings

If you tell us the models of these systems, then someone can look up how they are set up.

If CDs are needed to restore/recover...well, I don't think there's any advice that would be useful other than to try to obtain said CDs (or buy a version of XP).

There is no set policy that I can see that determines how these systems are set up. Some have recovery CDs alone..some need recovery CDs and a restore/recovery partition...some employ just a recovery partition. With some vendors, it varies by model.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/196005/system-resetrecovery-to-factory-settings/