Windows Support Forum

Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads

Q: Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads

Hey I ve got a Dual Xeon Dell Precision T Workstation running Windows x that I use for graphic design and some music production I have up until last week used a M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB Audio Interface for recording as well as my primary sound card I decided to get rid of the Fast Track and upgrade to an M-Audio Audiophile PCI sound card Here is my issue- With the Fast Track USB Interface I have always network local when performing only PC downloads Static in sound, had a noticeable Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads static popping sound when any audio is playing while I am transferring files on my local network- but I have isolated it specifically to copying files from anywhere on my local network to this PC- so only downloading to this computer I didn t pay much attention to it as I thought that was the price that was to be payed because of using a USB sound card After I installed the Audiophile I am still getting this popping sound on network downloads Just to test I pulled out the Audiophile enabled the on-board sound card and the popping was still there with the on-board sound card Any idea what could be causing this My network adapter is the Broadcom on-board Gigabit LAN card The only other PCI or PCI-e cards I have installed are the Nvidia Quadro Video Adapter and a SIIG USB PCI Card I have taken this out and the popping is still there All of PCI bus components were different when I started hearing the popping from the Fast Track Pro so I don t suspect that any of those items would be the culprit When the popping first started nothing was even in the PCI PCI-e bus except for my old Quadro video card which I took out months ago and swapped for the Quadro I guess what I m trying to say is that most of the components have been removed or swapped and the sound continues I have the onboard sound card disabled normally so I know that also isn t causing it To describe the popping static it doesn t make the noise until I m downloading something and there is a system noise playing or I have some other audio going YouTube Video MP played locally whatever So if I was to download a file locally and not play any sounds then you would never know that anything was happening The speakers I m using are KRK Rokit Active Studio Monitors so even if there was any background static I would hear it These monitors are connected to the computer via a Balanced TRS input so I don t even have any normal line quot hum quot at high volumes- so that is how I can tell there is absolutely no static or popping until the PC plays it s own audio Also- I ve tried reproducing the problem by playing audio and downloading a file from the internet It won t produce the popping sound at all Here is my system info Dell Precision T Workstation Windows x Ultimate Service Pack Intel Xeon CPU E GHz amp GHz Processors Intel x Motherboard Intel ICH R Family Controllers I O Hub PCI Express Root Storage GB RAM Nvidia Quadro M-Audio Delta Audiophile Broadcom NetXtreme xx Gigabit Controller That s everything I have hooked up right now- anymore questions and I ll be glad to post what I know I m hoping that this is something common that I just couldn t find in my searches on google Any help advice you could offer I would appreciate it One last thing- I uninstalled and updated all of my system drivers days ago to see if that would stop the problem It didn t change anything Thanks -Ben nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Static in PC sound, only when performing local network downloads

Did you uninstall your old sound drivers? Are you using ASIO drivers? Im assuming the M-Audio card already has ASIO built-in? Do you get the pop/static when using the onboard sound? You should stick to XP for music production. Even a dual boot WIN 7/XP setup. Im into music production as well and all of my problems stopped when I ran everything on XP. You can try using virtual XP on Win 7 and see if it helps anything. What DAW are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-in-pc-sound-only-when-performing-local-network-downloads.175964/
Relevancy 63.21%

OK that's a really broad request Sorry but here's the backstory with highlights for those who don't want to read - a local setup performing How cloud? to well Looking for a speedy LAN solution I can use for cloud access too - Windows not performing as well as Windows - Netgear router USB is way slower than expected - OneNote is slow sharing by OneDrive So after using OneNote for years just as my file cabinet and OneDrive as my file store in most cases I found that Sharing the notebooks between my Windows and Windows PCs was How to setup a well performing local cloud? resulting in horrid performance slow updates back and forth As it turns out I have a fair number of GB of notebooks and saw this as an opportunity to look at getting off OneDrive Now each PC uses an SSD and I have shared external WD Drives on Win and also a shared drive on the Netgear router How to setup a well performing local cloud? But was performance comparable No Newer Win laptop benched LAN Speed Lite at GB sec write speed with GB read speed whilst How to setup a well performing local cloud? older WIn laptop benched at GB sec write speed with GB read speed OK these were as fast as I was going to get Then benched the external WD drive on the newer Win Lpatop at GB s write and GB s read whilst the Win laptop using a file share from the WIn showed up at GB s write and GB s read Hmmm WTH I expected slower access through the network share but didn't expect the file share was x faster than the Win could read the same drive plugged in locally Retested Verified Scratching my head on that But onward to the router where I have a similar WD drive shared on the USB Port via the native Netgear software The newer Win writes at GB s and reads at GB s The older Win writes at GB s and reads at GB s Tests where using GB of data at a time and the LAN Speed Lite utiltity BTW this is a GB LAN not wifi and network performance between the two laptops benchas at nearly GB transfer speeds consistently Both laptops are i processors the newer Win is a Dell Inspiron series the older Win is a Toshiba Ultrabook So that leaves me wondering where I should be putting LAN storage New storage unit on the LAN obviously the router approach is horrid for performance or off Win or off Win I can play with swapping that around but wondering what other people use for network storage for a few dozen GB and possible web acccess too

A:How to setup a well performing local cloud?

I use a pair of WDC My Cloud 2TB NAS drives plugged into Ethernet ports on my Router. Nice part is I can access them from Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, both wired and wireless.
My Cloud vs My Cloud Mirror - NAS Storage | Western Digital (WD)

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61144-how-setup-well-performing-local-cloud.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi folks This is my first network setup and i am hoping someone can help me with some issues The setup is as follows Router Netgear DG GT ADSL Computer Known as Maude Desktop Celeron MHz CPU Mb RAM XP Home SP Wired to Router Has USB Hard Drive that i want to use as a central data file storage space for the network t/fer Two network + slow Incredibly Static I.P problems. Address static not speeds Computer Known as Myrtle Desktop AMD Duron GHz CPU Mb RAM XP Home SP ASUS WLAN via USB Computer Known as Martha Laptop Celeron GHz CPU Mb RAM Vista Home Basic g Mini Card Wireless Two problems. Static I.P Address not static + Incredibly slow network t/fer speeds Adapter Computer is in the living room and is used for email browsing word processing IM and other relatively low demand applications and is the most likely to be switched on hence the Networked Drive being attached to it Computer is primarily the hub of my Recording Studio grand name for a cobbled together hobby type affair but is also used for email etc It is located in an outbuilding but is no more than meters from the router and gets signal and link strengths that rarely dip below and more likely average Computer is my wifes college laptop and is only really part of the network so Two problems. Static I.P Address not static + Incredibly slow network t/fer speeds she can use the printer attached to computer and back up her files on the networked drive All computers communicate The biggest problem is the data transfer speeds between Computer and Computer Computer connects to both the other computers at the sort of speeds i would expect hope i e i click on a shared documents folder on computer or and there is a pause of or seconds and then the folder contents appear Data Transfer between Computers amp have taken place at speeds of up to KBs yes that is Bytes not bits but this is extremely rare More likely are speeds averaging KBs The other problem is that having set up static internal addresses on Computers amp to facilitate port forwarding there seems to be some sort of battle going on inside Computer whereby it struggles to connect and then reverts to taking on the IP address provided by the routers DHCP The static address on computer has remained consistent Even when Computer is set to obtain an IP address automatically it keeps connecting and disconnecting every seconds or so until after much persuasion i get it to remain connected Any hints suggestions or even painkillers for my headache will be much appreciated Cheers Andy nbsp

A:Two problems. Static I.P Address not static + Incredibly slow network t/fer speeds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-problems-static-i-p-address-not-static-incredibly-slow-network-t-fer-speeds.640015/
Relevancy 58.48%

Stumbled upon this trying to fix my static and it helped it out a bit, not 100% though but thought i would share it.

Anyways;

goto your playback devices > click your speaker properties > advanced > and change the default format to a higher setting, such as 24 bit, 48000hz (studio quality)

thats it, and of course you can play around; if you have an alright sound-system you can tweak your eq. settings and such to compensate for playback quality.

A:Sound Static Help (removes most static)

Thanks for the tip but did not help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/56480-sound-static-help-removes-most-static.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello So today I stumbled on the weirdest situation on my personal of internet, Static some causes to IP access loss shares local computer Up until this point everything was good and fine machine with static IP port forwarding access to a NAS' shares via Windows Explorer all working Static IP causes loss of access to internet, some local shares fine This morning I downloaded Windows 's latest batch of updates and after a reboot it seemed something seemed a bit off but didn't quite took notice of what as I Static IP causes loss of access to internet, some local shares had internet access and all An hour or so afterwards as I try to move some data onto the NAS I realize I can no longer access it Figure it might strangely be the NAS locking up or something so I shut it down and reboot it via NAS Static IP causes loss of access to internet, some local shares itself and for my surprise I still cannot access it I have the idea of trying to access the share via my Android tablet and realize that the NAS is responding just fine so back to the computer I start searching for a number of possible explanations and solutions and one of them takes me to uninstall the drivers for the NIC and reinstall it Fresh settings and all didn't seem a bad idea As the machine comes back up it seems to have internet access I could actually access the NAS share but of course I needed to configure the Static IP so I go ahead and do just so Internet drops NAS access as well From what I tested the DNS resolving is working even when this happens I can still access the router configuration page as well as the NAS' via browser but all internet access gets cut off as well as to the shares Every other device in the house is fine Any ideas of what the heck may have gone wrong here and how I could fix this The work around for now seems to be a dynamic IP or MAC based static IP but I'd much rather try to fix a proper fix though I did try to reset the router's configurations in case it was something there just to be sure but this leaves me otherwise thinking it's something on Windows much more after those updates Edit Ok not entirely sure what happened but with static IP the net access is now normal again Looked in the network settings all seems to be normal but remains the access to the NAS or any other share from what I'm gathering Re-Edit While removing a particular update seemed to have solved the issue turns out that a pair of reboots later the issue persists so if someone still wants to pitch in possible solutions Last edit Gave up on the update will try to deal with it at some other point Removed Windows' security updates last installed and everything back to normal working order Anyone experienced similar issues as of late

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388305-static-ip-causes-loss-access-internet-some-local-shares.html
Relevancy 54.18%

ive updated all the drivers and still get the same prob.
this is in windows 7. So i am out of things to try. first bug ive run in to and its a big one at that. apart from that windows 7 is damn hot

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/15462-realtec-sound-card-fuzzy-static-sound.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all The title really says it all My computer quot died quot a few weeks back and I had to perform a Restore. can't PC find SOUND performing System CARD Please HELP!!! after system restore Since that time the computer can t find a sound card ALSO when PC can't find SOUND CARD after performing System Restore. Please HELP!!! I turn the system on the new found hardware wizard pops up and asks me to insert the disk for PCI Device I don t know what PCI device is and whether or not it s related to the sound card issue I don t have a disk for it in either case When I click on install the software automatically it won t find any appropriate program Some info on my computer amp operating system Gateway GT PC Media Center Edition Windows XP Media Center Edition If when I click on sounds and audio devices what is says is NO AUDIO DEVICES if in that window I click hardware the following items are listed PHILIPS DROM TSSTCorp CD DVDW TS-H D Audio Codecs Legacy Audio Drivers Media Control Devices Legacy Video Capture Devices Video Codecs I ve tried to download the appropriate files for the GT from the Gateway website but have had no success Each time I tried to download a file that was according to the site appropriate for this pc it would tell me after the download that the file was not the right one for my pc If anyone could help me out with this that would be amazing Thanks in advance BBBontario nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-cant-find-sound-card-after-performing-system-restore-please-help.913447/
Relevancy 54.18%

With the Battlecom freeware now out my friends and I decided to enlist this technology for our on line gaming Problem I was running on an onboard audio device and it requires a full duplex sound card I purchased the Soundblaster Live Xgamer I installed the card and the sound is working fine except now the speed of my computer in general is about of what it used to be When I enter Everquest I experience what appears to be a refresh rate problem Neither the sound or video seem to operate properly when I m pushing the resources However in windows everything seems to be fine I made sure the onboard audio is disabled and my Voodoo is functioning fine as far as I can tell I played around in the bios menu I changed nothing there to see if there might be clues toward card new not {RESOLVED} System installing sound after performing a hardware conflict and this {RESOLVED} System not performing after installing new sound card has revealed nothing I know that I am missing the simplest thing but I m out of ideas Help By the way I did install the latest drivers for both my audio and video cards - it did nothing nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

This is a bit annoying. Not sure what the cause.. This very machine used to pull this off without issue both with xp and vista. Seems when I start to move a large file from one machine to another, and then simultaneously start browsing the file systems on networked computers, everything drags to a halt. I will click to open a network directory, and then wait a good 40 seconds before that directory will open. I wonder if anyone else has had trouble multitasking on the network like this. My lines should all be gigabit..

I can browse the internet while moving the file no problem. The file I am pulling to my computer, is coming from a different computer than the one I am trying to browse..

A:Windows 7 performing simultaneous tasks on network.

Pulling large files over a network will slow the network down..

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20721-windows-7-performing-simultaneous-tasks-network.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello,
I have recently bought a secon hand Asus m2n-e sli mo'bo, from a friend.
All was going well, everything was set up with drivers from origional discs.

While playing a game (lost plannet: Extreeme condidtion) my pc crashed and reset itself. Since then i have been unable to get any sound, when sound is played it just makes a static sound. The only slight bit of sound i can hear is when playing the speaker test program in C-media. I can hear the voice slightly under the static sound.

I have tryed:
>All ports.
>Rolling back drivers.
>Latest C-media drivers from Asus.
> Ac97 drivers.

>Sound card:I tryed to use a Creative Audigy Soundblaster (X-Fi XtremeGamer). After inserting into my mobo my computer failed to boot, or even reach bios.

If anyone could provide answers/solution to either of my problems I would be very greatfull.

Thanks Craig

A:Static sound from onboard sound = dead?

Start > Run > sfc /scannow

This will confirm all Windows files are intact. Your Windows CD may be required during the scan if any files are found corrupted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-sound-from-onboard-sound-dead.126570/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I'm currently in the process of testing deploying IE in setup XML - file File Local Enterprise Local List Network, IE11 Manager or HTTP, Site our environment and I've begun testing on the IE Enterprise Site List manager I've read that there are a few different ways to configure the XML file to apply via GPO IE11 Enterprise Site List Manager XML file setup - HTTP, Local Network, or Local File per the article below nbsp HTTP Local Network Local File https technet microsoft com en-us library Dn aspx In my isolated testing I've chosen to use the local file method which is very easy to setup and use on a testing machine It looks like we have the flexibility to choose how we apply the XML file and I was curious what the best options are and why nbsp Also are there examples of each setup being used and the benefits downsides to each Here's the options that I can see using HTTP - setup an IIS website to host the XML file Local Network UNC - setup a UNC path on our DFS where we store the current XML file and users would have read only access to that location Local File - We could just deploy the XML file via SCCM package application when updates to the list are required Could anyone please point me towards some articles etc explaining the pro's and cons of these methods and why I might want to choose one over the other nbsp I'm leaning towards just using a DFS share and option because it doesn't require us to maintain an IIS site for it but I am curious to hear if there might be any downsides to this method or benefits to going with another method Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ffeba7b5-ee91-4622-a535-a16b90c4a41f/ie11-enterprise-site-list-manager-xml-file-setup-http-local-network-or-local-file?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 50.74%

A couple of days ago maybe three my sound was working fine. Yesterday my sound stopped working completely, I heard nothing. At first I thought it was because of Chrome because sometimes sound in Chrome won't work because of something w. my flash player. But I checked Windows Media & the sound still was not working at all, I could hear nothing. So I restarted my laptop & the Windows startup sound was just a bunch of static, I tried out YouTube, Spotify, Windows Media, everything pretty much & all I get is complete static. I checked to see if my sound card needed to be updated but when I did it said everything was fine & it was already up to date. I'm not sure what to do, I really need the sound back asap!! I run Windows 7 btw!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-sound-is-nothing-but-static.1119511/
Relevancy 50.74%

so last night I went to sleep with perfect working sound. today I came home from work and static plays every time i try to listen to music or audio clips.

A:Static for all sound

The first thing I would try is a system restore to a day or two ago when all was well.

But it could be a hardware issue of some type---failure of a device or cable or connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/182496-static-all-sound.html
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a 5.1 surround sound system and for some reason all the sound coming out of the speakers is mixed in with static noise.

recently i completely formatted my hard drive (you can check the link here)

i reinstalled my sound driver (Realtek) but i still have the same issue. any help?

my sound system is the x-540 logitech

A:Help with static sound

Quote: Originally Posted by monster528

i have a 5.1 surround sound system and for some reason all the sound coming out of the speakers is mixed in with static noise.

recently i completely formatted my hard drive (you can check the link here)

i reinstalled my sound driver (Realtek) but i still have the same issue. any help?

my sound system is the x-540 logitech

Is the driver installed correctly and working in device manager? Is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle on it?

Have yoou tried different cables?

Made sure everything is tight and not frayed?

etc

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/75013-help-static-sound.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When listening to music in WMP, or watching a video using flash I get static and sometimes lag when I use the PC. I do not know why, can someone help? Its mainly when i do something such as refresh a web page, click a new tab, its not all the time but sometimes.

A:Sound static/ lag

Some audio noise, such as static can be caused by Video and or video drivers. You should have plenty of memory, unless you have a lot of programs opened at one time, which could also cause some of the lag and noise during page reloading, etc. Only have a few programs open and see if that makes a difference.

The shared IRQ that the audio is on could also cause some problems. Audio is always on a shared IRQ with some other higher priority device and if that device needs "service" it will interrupt the sound. One thing to try is uninstall the sound in the Device Manager then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. Sometimes that will put it on a different shared IRQ and help the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/63061-sound-static-lag.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hi

recently, my speakers keep giving out loud static sounds whenever windows loads and the static just keeps continuing until i shut down windows. the static sounds start when windows finished loading. (i'm using xp)

i can still hear other sounds like music and the startup sound but only faintly, and when i turn up the volume so the static is unbearably loud. i really want to get the problem fixed so i can listen to music.

i know its not my speakers because i've connected my headphones to the speaker port at the back of the computer and i still have the problem.

does anyone know what could possibly be the problem and how to fix it? i've already tried reinstalling drivers but it does not help. when i disable my sound drivers there is no sound.

thank you all very much

A:static sound on xp

Do you have a microphone?
Open your volume controls and Mute the microphone.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/26885/static-sound-on-xp/
Relevancy 50.74%

I found out the lag issue with my cpu, I think I have the wrong kind of audio driver or something, because when the computer

plays a sound it gets all messed up and static-y, This is causing the computer CPU to RISE all the way near 100%. So, I

would like to know if anyone knows how to solve this, I have VGN-Sz220 laptop, and the list of drivers I use can be found here

: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNSZ220

I have downloaded both the drivers in the audio section, so I don't know what to do next.

Relevancy 50.74%

I get a static sound in my speakers at random and it won't stop. It's really annoying and the only way i can get rid of it is to restart my computer. It usually starts when I'm playing a game.It just bam! happens out of no where. I figure this is a program problem because my speakers themselves are just fine. This started happening when i upgraded to SP2 for XP. Any idea what's the problem? Possibly fixable?

Relevancy 50.74%

hello everybody,
quite recently (maybe a month ago) all my sound get staticy, it usually occurs with louder sounds (ie when playing counter strike, walking / switching guns is fine, but once i fire, it begins to become staticy. also with music, quiet parts are fine, but louder parts get all staticy)

so i have a simple quick question and was hoping someone with more knowledge than i could help me out.

system specs:
Mobo: Sapphire PURE CrossFire 3200 PC-AM2RD580
CPU: AMD AthlonX2 4600+ @ 2.4 GHz
Video: ATI 1900XT
Sound: SB Audigy 2
Speakers: Altec Lansing 251 5.1 Surround Speakers
PSU: OCZ GameXStream @ 700w
HDD: Seagate Barracuda S-ATA II @ 300Gb
DVD: Light-On Lightsribe @ 20x

new sound card?
or blown speakers?
thanks!

Relevancy 50.74%

I get a static sound in my speakers at random and it won't stop. It's really annoying and the only way i can get rid of it is to restart my computer. It usually starts when I'm playing a game.It just bam! happens out of no where. I figure this is a program problem because my speakers themselves are just fine. This started happening when i upgraded to SP2 for XP. Any idea what's the problem? Possibly fixable?

A:Static sound.

Please don't post duplicate threads using your same question

continue here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/637349-static-sound.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/static-sound.637353/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok this has me stumped and I am completely lost so I m hoping someone here Static is my All Sound can help me out I know a good amount about pc s etc but I haven t encountered this before Earlier my sound was working fine All my Sound is Static then I was off it for a few hours and it went into sleep mode I got back on and now all my sound has a horrible static to it the static usually drowns out any recognition of what the sound actually is I ve updated my driver I ve rolled back my driver uninstalled driver reinstalled it Tried an older version I ve reconnected all cables checked for dust in my pc tested it out with a pair of headphones same static problem It s definatly something with the pc it s onboard sound Asus M nE-SLI mobo C-Media CM sound Vista x gigs of ram can t think of anything that would effect this other than my onboard sound died on me but any light anyone can shed would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:All my Sound is Static

are these USB sound devices? There's a USB audio bug in Vista that might apply. See USB Device Problems? Check for Windows Updates

Suggest you first try Windows Update in any case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-my-sound-is-static.126546/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all,

I am having a problem with my sound. Since about two days ago I have been getting a fuzzy static sound, often with an added screech. I tried numerous ways of fixing it and finally found that my PC Speakers in sound contorl was unmuted and was set to full. I muted it and Line in also but I can still hear this static sound and it is very annoying. My sound is REALTEK - onboard my P4P800-E Deluxe.

Thank you.

Aquila

A:Static Sound. :(

wow, the same thing happened to me, although my speakers arent the same as yours. My sound doesnt work at all thru Any speakers.. only headphones str8 thru the tower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/static-sound-20624.html
Relevancy 50.74%

when i added 4 new 1 gig RAM modules i started getting staticy sounds coming through my speakers when i play games or listen to music. The static isnt always there, and sometimes i can hear the sound fine. When i do get static, though it is VERY annoying and cant hear the actual sound

Is there something wrong with my sound card or what?

A:Sound =Static

What RAM did you have before? And what is the brand name of the RAM you bought, was it new?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-static.757402/
Relevancy 50.31%

Okay here is my sistem:
Asus a7v266
256 ddr ram
Philips rythmic edge sound card
Athlon 1600+ XP

My problem is that whenever my HD is being used (the hd light is on) i get static distortion in my sound then when its not using my hard drive its fine. I have tried 3 different drivers and also tried my old sound card and it did the same thing.

example: I will be listin to my music with winamp or media player then i open up my computer and i get static.

Please help me the best you can thank you

PS: i checked the irq's and the sound card is by itself.

A:Sound Card Static

Alex
Welcome to TSG!
Please make one post per problem or there can be confusion in answers. Also be patient on this one.
Dave

Closing thread Duplicate.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71963

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-static.71964/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm currently running Turtle Beach HPA2 headphones from the onboard HD audio ports from my MSI P6N motherboard, and no matter what I am doing I hear faint static noise in the background. The static noise gets louder if you turn up the volume on the headphones themselves, but when the sound is turned up through Windows the static does not get louder.
Is this a headphone problem or a motherboard problem, and how should I go about fixing this? It's quite bothersome.
Thanks for any help!

[Edit] Just in case it matters any, the headphones are routed through a small "headphone amplifier" box attached to the wire, which allows the user to control the individual sound levels of the sub volume, surround volume, etc.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all,
I recently bought a Dell Latitude E6410 and my sound card has started putting out a base layer of static. It happens whether I'm plugged in or not, and no matter what I plug into my headphone jack. It seems to get louder whenever I perform actions onscreen, like moving the scrollbar or opening applications, and when I use USB peripherals like my mouse and keyboard. At first, it was just a small nuisance that I could put up with, but lately it's gotten louder and has started to really detract from my music / video experience. I figure it's a problem with my soundcard (or maybe it's just integrated sound? I'm not entirely sure), but I'm hoping to find an internal fix so that I won't have to replace it. Thanks for any help.

Here are my specs:
Dell Latitude E6410
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit
Intel i7 M620 Processor
4 GB RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/static-from-sound-card.971846/
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently had a friend build me this computer:

AMD 64X2 6400+ 3.2 GHz
Memory 3.25 GB
Vista 32 bit
GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX
MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express

At times I hear a short static sound coming from the speakers that lasts maybe 1/2 second, I checked the timing on these sounds and it appears at about every 30 seconds, I have checked my connections any suggestions on what is causing this, Also when I play music on the speakers you do not hear these sounds, any help would be appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/209185-static-sound-speakers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My sound card Getting sound static from card my was working fine about a week ago but now I m getting pops and clicks ie static while watching videos that s mostly what I do haven t tried anything else that requires sound yet At first I thought it could be my headphones but I switched those out with other pairs and I still Getting static from my sound card got static Then I thought it could be my speakers but I plugged my headphones directly into my sound card and still got the static Lastly I tried switching programs that I use to play the videos thinking there could be some compatibility problem but that didn t work either Also the static has happened on almost all videos I ve played so I doubt it s a source video problem I ve looked in Device Manager to see if there were any problems with my sound card but no errors were reported If it helps I have a SoundMax Integrated sound card which is also known as an Intel AC then a bunch of numbers and letters If there is any extra information needed let me know and I ll post it nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

First and foremost, help me help you. I am pretty computer literate except when it comes to audio. I have nowhere to begin with this problem.

Recently, I found my computer sound to be completely distorted into static just like if you switched the channel on the tv the wrong way. There is zero background audio from a youtube video or a game for example.
Mobo Asus M2N-SLI Integrated sound
Windows XP
AMD dual core processor
ram 2gb

I really have no idea where to start or what to list so if you need any information I will provide. I will be checking the site constantly so replies will be quick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/complete-static-sound.1011673/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hope somebody can help with this! I can't play music,watch movies or do anything sound related on my laptop because of the static-ky sound coming from it. Ok, I am really not tech savy or anything so, I don't know the technical word for it. Statics is the best I can come up with. Pls help. It's a dell inspiron 1521 laptop.

Relevancy 50.31%

I am getting static from my sound card and have determined it is from interference from my USB plug-in peripherils (ie. printer, fax, etc). I unplug the peripherils and the static goes away. I am suspecting a motherboard grounding problem.
I have physically moved the usb pci cards as far away from the sound card as possible...did not fix the problem.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

windows xp
athlon 64 3000+
1 gig ram
sound card creative xfi

Double click on the sound icon than mute the "Microphone".

hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-static.506534/
Relevancy 50.31%

Im using Logitech x530 5.1 speakers.

I also have the logitech x5000 Quickcam. Whenever I have the quickcam plugged in, I get static sound when I play a game (like bf2). I use realtek audio HD to adjust random properties of audio until the static sound goes away but it reappears later on again.

What should I do to fix this problem of static?

Relevancy 50.31%

Ever since we received a windows update my speakers on my HP Lap top become very staticy soon after I reboot.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent audio driver.  Nothing seems to work.  Has anyone found a solution to this?   We have three of these exact same laptops and it's happening on all three of them now.  VERY ANNOYING!   PLEASE HELP! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Static-sound-from-speakers/td-p/5820555
Relevancy 50.31%

Its like a sttic buzzing sound thats coming from my speaker. And now the audio quality when playing music or any videos on the laptop is also deteriorating. It is cracking and sounds boring. This happens on ear phones too. I re-installed the latest realtek audio driver but to no avail. Please give me your inputs. Furthermore, the static sound comes even when i put the speakers on mute. The static sound is also present when i entirely disable the speakers from control panel.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/I-have-a-constant-static-sound-that-comes-only-from-my-right/td-p/5780937
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had my laptop since April. About a month ago, I noticed the sound was crackling and popping. It mostly happens on Google Chrome. I can have a video or song playing and if I go to another tab, the sound stops and and starts and crackles. I download DPC Latency Checker. I've noticed that when the sound crackles and pops, the latency spikes. I've tried uninstalling the sound driver (Realtek High Definition) and reinstalling to no avail. I even conisidered that Flash is the problem. I've updated Flash and it didn't fix anything either. How can I fix this issue?

A:Sound static problems!

Popping and crackling is a frequently posted problem. Unfortunately there is no "one fix" for the problem.

Drivers are one issue. Use the Samsung provided RealTek driver, do not use one obtained from somewhere else or what Windows will install. Video drivers can be another issue. Although you have a laptop and probably connecting to the internet via wi-fi, the wi-fi device/connection can be another issue.

Running processes can be another cause. I had a DPC latency issue with a new desktop build that turned out to be a program that was monitoring the PC health. After I uninstalled that program the DPC latency spikes went away. So, check what is in the startup or what is in the Notification Area (lower right).

There have been many posts on here (and other forums) about this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/252526-sound-static-problems.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey all,

I recently built a new computer, and I have been having a sound issue once in a while when playing a game/watching movies. The sound will be going okay, and all of a sudden i get this loud static sound, which goes away after a few seconds when playing a game or just ffwding/rewinding watching a video.

Any ideas? I mean, it isnt a huge issue, but it is a bit of a nuisance.

Cheers

A:Random Static with sound?

What is the name of the audio device? Is it onboard audio or a sound card? You should tell us this info.

Are you using the latest drivers for your sound device? Outdated drivers can potentially cause the problem.

An equally likely culprit for this problem is bad speakers. What speakers are you using? Are they plugged in to the right jack?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-static-with-sound.64808/
Relevancy 50.31%

ok when im inside my internet explorer browser, say typing this message, and if i move my mouse I recieve static, or real annoying sound, and I want to 'disable' 'remove' or 'delete' This Option.

I would Really, Appreciate this if u know how to please let me know.

Thanks
'

btw; sometimes the static is just there even without me touching my mouse, i guess the sound overlapped or loopbacked and creates some irritaiting noise.. i hope someone out there knows what i mean..

A:static sound is annoying me

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Sounds as if your having some type of interference, sometimes speakers sitting too close or a cell phone sitting nearby will cause this.
What kind of a mouse are you using, try a different one to see if it still happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/static-sound-is-annoying-me-119453.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I have been major problems with my speakers and sound card I have razer barracuda AC- Sound Card and logitech z- speakers Ok here is the problem When I play music - it Stutter/Static-y sound always starts out with a stutter and has random stutters throughout the song - when no music is playing there is a slight static from the speakers When I play games like CS - after a while of playing like minutes static kicks in and IT IS ANNOYING like constant static playing along the game noises I have all the latest drivers disable onboard sound I don t know what else to do I contact razer and they told me to test the sound card on another computer but I don t have another computer to do that Other info I tried the onboard sound and it stutters also sometimes when i switch s pdif input on the razer Stutter/Static-y sound control panel sound comes out from the wrong speakers my guess is its razers stupid drivers and sound card but im stupid too so i really dont know My system Intel q gb Corsair Ram Cooler Master Extreme W PSU Abit Ip Pro Mobo EVGA GT Don t know what else info you need BUT PLEASE HELP thanks darth nbsp

A:Stutter/Static-y sound

but im stupid too so i really dont know)Click to expand...

That's funny, made me laugh

Anyway, I think it's the speakers themselves, probably been put up too high by the kids !
Anyway, try to borrow someones speakers, or use headphones to test (headphones; speakers whichever)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stutter-static-y-sound.99345/
Relevancy 50.31%

I really am at my 13 XPS Static Dell Sound wits end I have had this computer since October and it has pretty much always made this static sound that comes out of the speakers and headphones intermittently when I listen to streaming music Dell XPS 13 Static Sound or video After months of going through quot updating drives quot with Dell Technical report I finally got the customer service team to accept servicing my unit on Dell Technical Support team replaces entire motherboard and speakers I assume they recognized the issue and thought it would be the remedy since my speakers had already been ruined due to the static issue persisting for months I received my unit back and within the same day the static issue was still present I decided to document the issue with video and posted in on YouTube you can watch that video here Upon publishing the video I realized so many other Dell XPS users were experience the same defect on their computers I called customer service again and they told me to send back the unit I received my computer today and Dell Technical Support said they quot could not reproduce the issue quot but updated some drivers I have been using my Dell XPS for literally an hour and the issue appears yet again I have documented in ANOTHER YOUTUBE VIDEO so people can see what the issue is How is it I can reproduce the issue in hour but Dell Technical Support had my computer for over a week and could not Anyway here is the video Back to why I started this post I switched from my MacBook to this computer because I heard good things about Dell For over a year I have been getting nothing more than the run around from Customer Service telling me to quot update my drivers quot we have been updating my drivers for almost a year The issue is still here my motherboard and speakers were switched out and this last time TS had my computer they said they could not reproduce the error SO many Dell XPS users are experiencing this and I have documented this on YouTube I refuse to nbsp have to feel like I should deal with a static issue coming out of my computer and having to reboot it to make it go away I paid over nbsp for this computer I want answers and solutions this is embarrassing

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19990618
Relevancy 50.31%

Hope somebody can help with this! I can't play music,watch movies or do anything sound related on my laptop because of the static-ky sound coming from it. Ok, I am really not tech savy or anything so, I don't know the technical word for it. Statics is the best I can come up with. Pls help. It's a dell inspiron 1521 laptop.

Relevancy 50.31%

the more you use the computer the more the static i tried the same speakes or my other computer and thay worked fine it is just this computer. also has a the drop noise everytime it changes sites how do i get rid of that

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-sound-is-has-static.349048/
Relevancy 50.31%

Well I have tried using 3 different sound cards on my computer and they all do the same thing so right now I'm just using the one from my motherboard (Intel D945GTP) and it's doing the same thing. I have updated all the drivers and such and this issue just started happening this week.

If i plug in headphones or a headset, the sound is perfectly fine, it's just speakers that it does it with (yes I have tested more than 1 set to make sure it isn't the speakers themselves doing it)

So.. Anyone know what the problem may be? If you need any more information just ask.

A:Static/skipping sound

scratch the working with my headset/headphones... used to.. now it's all static no matter what i use..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/static-skipping-sound.587564/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Im having an issue with sound interference I have been getting an annoying loud buzzing sound from my speakers DPC lag. Sound Possible cracking/static. on my monitor When I connect the green AV cables and continues to make the sound regardless if i mute the system I think it may be DPC latency from what I have seen others post about I ve tried several things such as disabled my Mic moved any phones that were close by away take out power to the TV and other electronics but still no help I have A VIZIO M NV and a Viewsonic Monitor I m Possible DPC lag. Sound cracking/static. pretty sure the problem isn t either the TV or monitor because I get the same interference when I connect speakers Possible DPC lag. Sound cracking/static. to the PC My Specs for my PC are Sabertooth x Mobo Intel Geforce GTX gigs of DDR Ram I have had this issue for a year now ASUS does nothing for me and refers me nowhere I have tried everything from RMAing my board trying different drivers disabling intel speed step getting an independent sound card ect If someone could please help me figure this out it would make my life alot easier It is too much to hear that static come from the monitor whenever I boot something up that requires the system to work ex starting an online game up ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name KINGDANGALANG Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab The file ksaud sys is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft s Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo d driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model M NV Monitor Id VIZ Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- F - E FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch ... Read more

A:Possible DPC lag. Sound cracking/static.

That hum is usually caused by a bad grounding wire probably inside your speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-dpc-lag-sound-cracking-static.179698/
Relevancy 50.31%

Sometimes I can play videos and it sounds fine, but most of the time the videos have a static sound with them, very annoying

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Speakers-sound-static-y/td-p/5800808
Relevancy 50.31%

I've been getting a lot of static in my sound. I used to have a Sound Blaster Live Value sound card. One day, seemingly randomly, I started to hear crackling in the sound. I switched the PCI port that it was in, to no avail.

Thinking that it was the sound card's fault and needing to replace my motherboard anyway, I bought a Soyo Dragon Plus with onboard sound. Now I'm having the same problem, but worse. I've tried the following things, none of which worked:

- Putting in my old sound card (which made the computer freeze once I logged into Win2k)

- Using headphones and switching speakers

- Unplugging random electronic devices that are near the computer

Any ideas? Could the motherboard be bad?

sam

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi folks.

I really cannot seem to be able to work this one out...

When I'm playing music or audio that I've recorded etc, I get a bits of static here and there.
I have on board sound card, a Delta audiophile card and an external USB sound card and it seems to do it on all of them and I've tried 2 different sets of speakers and headphones. Odd thing is, it will record files without any static at all. I tried some recorded samples on a Mac today, and they were fine.

Any suggestions?

I'd be really grateful, thanks!

EDIT - Sorry, I forgot to say: The operating system is irrelevant and so is drivers. The same happens on Windows 7, Windows Xp, Debian Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora and an old version of Knoppix

Relevancy 50.31%

Okay here is my sistem:
Asus a7v266
256 ddr ram
Philips rythmic edge sound card
Athlon 1600+ XP

My problem is that whenever my HD is being used (the hd light is on) i get static distortion in my sound then when its not using my hard drive its fine. I have tried 3 different drivers and also tried my old sound card and it did the same thing.

example: I will be listin to my music with winamp or media player then i open up my computer and i get static.

Please help me the best you can thank you

PS: i checked the irq's and the sound card is by itself.

Please don't duplicate post....reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/t72037/s60288c6aac63c147ae225ee59df6ef3d.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-static.71963/
Relevancy 50.31%

On an Acer One, XP SP3, udated Realtek drivers, all the sound from the computers speaker is staticky and has low output, but headphones plugged in works great, is it safe to assume this is a speaker problem and not a driver or conflict issue. Is the headphone output common to the output to the onboard speaker?

I can't be 100% certain, but it seemed to happen after I installed a USB comunictions device (cummins insite adaptor) set up as com2.

I Uninstalled the com2 device, uninstalled my sound driver, disabled all the extras in msconfig, reinstalled sound driver, and checked for updated drivers. Problem still exists.

There is a hidden device in device manager called "Seria"l Type - "Non Plug and Play Drivers", that was in error, I dissabled it, but no change.

A:Static sound except headphones

I would guess speaker problem since the headphones work; however, you could try a System Restore back to before you had this issue. Choose a date you when you know the speakers worked. If it doesn't solve the problem, you can undo the restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/static-sound-except-headphones-489983.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This computer came pre-loaded with Windows I have owned it for two months with no sound problems This morning unknown if there was a Windows update last night the no just 10 Windows sound, static sound does not work There is no partial sound when attempting to play music There is only a constant with or without playing music low-level static I have done all the usual steps with drivers updating uninstalling deleting reinstalling No change Originally in device manager under Sound there was listed I forget the exact wording Intel Realtek NVidea After uninstalling and rebooting there is only High Definition Audio Device assume this is the default On the Asus support Windows 10 no sound, just static website where are only Realtek audio drivers I downloaded and installed those So now device manager under sound shows High Definition Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio No matter what I do same result just low-level static no sound or music of any kind Any ideas anyone Asus U UX laptop Windows Home bit Intel Core i - U GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX M GB RAM GB SSD TB Mechanical

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/66231-windows-10-no-sound-just-static.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hello
I went from win982nd to 2000. Did a clean install(formated the hard drive) reinstalled all my drivers,now when i play a .wav,.avi,.midi i get static , and can bearly here the file, but it plays music cd's(.cda) files clear. I have tried to reinstall, and change the driver for my sound card, but it didn't help
its a soundblaster pci 128 card

Josh

Relevancy 50.31%

After recently purchasing a pair of surround usb headphones i realise people don t like usb headphones but they were a good Sound Headphones Static 5.1 USB solution i have come USB 5.1 Headphones Static Sound across a minor problem Although the surround sound is great the problem is when no sound is played quiet static can be heard This problem doesnt stop me from using the headphones as when gaming or whatever it can t be heard I have researched and found many possible reasons One of them is that it is static in the case and seeing as they were cheapish headphones i think this could be the reason as i doubt the cabling is shielded Another reason for me to think this is USB 5.1 Headphones Static Sound the static gets worse louder when i move the usb mouse which is in the usb port USB 5.1 Headphones Static Sound next to the headphones or when the hard drive is working giving the impression that it is something to do with the electricity flowing in the case The headset mic on the headphones also makes a louder static sound when i enable the mic but if i disable the mic completly it leaves me with only the quiet and bearable static of the headphones A possible solution if this is indeed the cause of the problem would be to get a usb bus with its own power supply rather than it drawing power from the pc Would this actually solve the problem sorry for long post nbsp

A:USB 5.1 Headphones Static Sound

hmm.. i have same problem with my speakers, not headphones. I would like to hear a solution for it too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-5-1-headphones-static-sound.93978/
Relevancy 49.88%

Is there a way I can keep a different static IP for each network I connect to?

Like on my house, I wanted 192.168.1.200 (Which worked till I connected to a different internet)
And at my friends house, when it connects, it connects with 192.168.1.150.

and as I reconnect to whichever internet, it switches to that IP.

A:Keep static IP for each network?

Yes, and it's quite easy to do. Routers and modems we normal users use to connect to Internet normally use IP addresses in series 10.0.X.X, 172.16.X.X or 192.168.X.X. So, for instance your router's IP i.e. your DHCP server address is most probably 192.168.1.1. If you now let's say visited me, you could not join my network keeping your old IP because my DHCP server address is 192.168.2.1

If you didn't have a static IP to connect to my router, it (DHCP server) would then assign you an IP address from my address pool, which I have limited to 99 addresses as this image shows:

If you visited me often, we could for instance agree that you can always use 192.168.2.15 when here. You can set a static IP for every network you normally use as for instance I have set this laptop to have these two addresses (WiFi & LAN) when home here in Leipzig:

When in our other home, other side of Germany, I have two other static IP's. I also have a static IP to use in my favourite pub; the owner is a friend and let's me use his fast gigabit office network so I don't have to use the slow public WLAN when sitting there with my laptop.

To create a connection for every network you regularly visit, open the Network and Sharing Center, click Connect to a network, and follow the instructions.

Go then to each connection's properties and set DHCP, DNS and IP info manually. Result is this:

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/127063-keep-static-ip-each-network.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently purchased a new monitor and it's been making a strange static noise every time it's on. It's not a constant sound. Sometimes it's off and on and other times I can go awhile before I hear it. The sound is similar to the sound static makes as you run your hand across a surface that has built up static on it. It's not very loud. There isn't any distortion of the screen associated with the noise and no other problems have occurred. If I had my speakers on, you wouldn't know there was a problem. I've touched the screen where the sound is coming from and don't feel anything.

I'm using a DVI-D cable

The monitor is an LG. Here's the product page. http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-E2342V-BN-led-monitor

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everybody, I just recently re-installed GTA San Andreas after doing some upgrades to my computer. The problems I'm having are

1)The textures don't load properly (they look blurry) until I get close to them.
2)The game does a static-like sound while I'm driving around.

My pc specs are:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
RAM: 3GBs
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1 GB

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gta-san-andreas-texture-pop-ups-and-static-sound.932037/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello. I got a microphone a couple of days ago and It worked fine until recently when my friends told me they kept hearing a weird 'static noise' every time I say something, I'm using a Realtek HD soundcard and tried enablingabling Noise Cancellation but the problem persists. We are trying to talk through Skype and this worked just fine some days ago. Thanks in advance!

A:Static sound in microphone while speaking

Download and install the ASUS supplied RealTek sound driver, as a first step.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P5KPL/EPU

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/299265-static-sound-microphone-while-speaking.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My speakers have a static sound coming through them. When I plugged in earphones, the problem was still there. The driver is up to date. What could be the problem?

A:Static on Sound Blaster Audigy 2

As you said it's a 'static' noise so it could ironically be from any internal device within the computer be it a HDD to a fan motor even RAM can do it. Suggest give your computer to an expert, someone who can clean it without breaking it and go from there. For you to do is to check that the external cabling does not run close to exterior influences (of the electromagnetic kind) and check the jacks / connectors are clean, dry and dust-free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-on-sound-blaster-audigy-2.145229/
Relevancy 49.88%

I ve got a Toshiba in sound Static, buzzing lagging and XP Satellite laptop that s giving me a new strange problem after a Static, buzzing and lagging sound in XP year of more or less good service I recently sent it back to have a fluttering screen replaced under warranty got it back and reinstalled all my files from a back-up and everything was peachy except When I play a DVD CD or even a media file from the HD on it I get static and a sort of raspy buzzing to the sound Static, buzzing and lagging sound in XP and everything seems to be dragging Static, buzzing and lagging sound in XP time-wise it sounds like a dusty LP record with someone pressing a finger to the thing to lag the sound I also no matter what I do to clean the registry and all get the new QuickTime and iTunes to install All I can run is VLC Real Player and Windows Media Player abet with the static I ve done a good dozen tries with everything online I ve found to purge everything Apple reinstalled from new installers and no joy I started thinking well maybe it s a hardware problem but then it occurred to me to boot my Knoppix CD on it and try to play some of the AVI and MOV files that suddenly play with static and lo and behold no static Under Knoppix I ve played a huge amount of MP s as well and no static lag wobble or anything If I didn t need a couple of XP only things I m almost ready to go Linux all the way at this point but alas I went back to the Toshiba XP boot reinstalled all the drivers I could and there s still the static My only option is to backup and erase the drive as there isn t a reinstall-in-place option with the rescue disk Anyone have an idea what is causing XP to behave like this Toshiba Satellite M -S ghz mg RAM XP Media Center nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/static-buzzing-and-lagging-sound-in-xp.653101/
Relevancy 49.88%

Good day all,
I installed Windows 7 on a ASUS PRO 72 SL-7s115c T3400 4G, and probably since the beggining i have had this annoying crackling/static sound. It occurs when there is some other sound, like music playing,startup sound or any other. It can sometimes be quiet and not very noticible, but sometimes impossible to ignore. Tried tweaking the configuration, where there is cd/dvd sound Mhz and stuff, but even if I put it at simple CD sound its still there. I tried reinstalling my Realtek Audio Driver, but no luck. Maybe i missed something or didnt re/uninstall the driver right, PLEASE help me, its driving me looney.

A:Constant crackling/static sound

Look over the multitude of posts on this problem here and see if anything in those apply or will work for you. You are not the only one to have this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/132836-constant-crackling-static-sound.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am using asus p5n-e-sli with the default sound which is a 6 channel Realtek.
Well anyways, when im doing something randomly on my computer (no certain set off at all) the speakers play a loud hissing/static noise, it is really loud and annoying(happens most when gaming) i am using logitech 5.1 speakers. if this helps the sound quality is set to 24 bits @ 48000 hz, here are the speakers and all the wires are in correctly http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121006

Relevancy 49.88%

hi guys, im sorry if im posting this but can anyone help? when i installed the Windows 7 32bit, i already have the sound installed but its so fuzzy and static when i play music or watch video..i tried the latest realtek driver and always the old ones.. but nothing is working..

A:sound is fuzzy and static (win7)

ejack

do me a favor. go into device manager (type device manager in search) and look at the audio tab. Is the device listed? dows it have a yellow triangle on it? is there any other "unknown" devices listed with yellow triangles?

thanks

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/26301-sound-fuzzy-static-win7.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Right I hope I m posting in the right area of the forum I v been getting Static in my headset for some time now and also Sound HDTV Static and Dummy believe I v buggered up setting up my HDTV as my Screen I ll list the Items in question below in bold Well whenever I move my mouse across the screen and I have the Steam Steam Games Application Window open I hear Static through my headset when I m playing music or watching a trailer on Steam I also here Static Also on top of that I tried to open Company of Hero s after being at a LAN and using a normal quot Screen I believe and had my Resolution up to x while using that screen though when plugged my HDTV back into my PC I got an Error Message from quot Graphics Setup Failed to find a working fullscreen mode quot trying to open Company of Hero s So I thought I d resize my desktop to x to see if that would work Sound Static and HDTV Dummy it didn t I got the same Error message and found a new problem I was playing some music Via YouTube and when I had resized to x I opened a new browser window to the net which then made the music laggy Sound Static and HDTV Dummy and staticy while it loaded up the browser window I also sometimes have static in games I v been running a Custom Resolution for my Screen which is p x at the moment due to the fact whenever I update my Nvidia Drivers my desktop doesn t fit on my screen and if I have my Resolution at x or higher I almost have to squint to see anything on my screen Though when I Sound Static and HDTV Dummy did change back to the Custom Resolution I didn t have any Static when I open or loaded a new browser window while using Internet Hardware in Question Screen Sharp Aquos quot LCD Color HDTV - Model number if that helps LC- RD S-BK I haven t been able to find an exactly link to it Headset ROCCAT Kave amp Solid Surround Sound Gaming Headset nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-static-and-hdtv-dummy.981108/
Relevancy 49.88%

it seems after a certain amount of time, my computer begins playing static over any other noise I am listening to at the time, and it gets steadily louder. if I adjust the volume using the volume mixer it makes a popping noise, and sometimes fixes the problem, most of the time it just cuts my sound all together.

I'm running windows 7 32bit and have the Realtek AC'97 Audio soundcard, which is up to date.

Relevancy 49.88%

It seems taht my video cared produces staticwhen i plug the dvr's sound in connector to my computer.
I tried another sound card, and even another pair of speakers.
Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-sound-static.259157/
Relevancy 49.88%

So I bought these headphones a couple of months ago and there has always been a static noise in them It static Headphones make sound s not as easy to hear when I have a game going on in the backround or music but Headphones make static sound you can SLIGHTLY still hear it When no other sound is coming out it is clear as day They are Skullcandy SLAYR headphones bought them for around bucks I know that Skullcandy has a deal where you can send them back whenever you want if they break or something so Headphones make static sound I might just try that if I can t fix the problem beforehand I ve tried plugging them into different USB ports on my computer and it still makes a static sound I have also tried jiggling it around while it was plugged in but the static noise remained Could it be a conflict with sound drivers I had old headphones from steelseries which I assume installed some driver on my computer and now I switched over towards the Skullcandy ones which installed a new driver on my computer as well when I initially plugged them in Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Headphones make static sound

Test them on a different computer. That will determine if you have a headphone or PC issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphones-make-static-sound.1129736/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Windows XP Pro and have recently gotten a new hard drive. On my old HD, I had the same issue. My Quicktime player plays sound very garbled and with a lot of breakup, almost like static, with an echo.

Somewhere on the Internet or some forum I was told to make some setting/preferences adjustment, and the problem was fixed. Now, with my new PC, the same sound problem is recurring, but I CANNOT RECALL WHAT TO DO TO FIX QUICKTIME'S BAD sound.

Can anyone please help me!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quicktime-sound-is-static-y-and-garbled.384503/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have been trying out RC and with a AMD ATI G mobo with realtek HD audio I have tried up to driver version have now will try when at home later I am using speakers from the green analog connection My issue is this I get a static fuzzy sound The sounds still play - but they are not crisp This is particularly noticable within WMC when opening Realtek fuzzy/static sound or closing or using the menus At first it reminded me of what it would sound like in WinXP when the wav slider was set too high so I tried to find a wav slider in Win but I could not Anyways - Realtek sound fuzzy/static XP works fine so I assume Win drivers are my issue I have tried all manners of settings drivers native win and jack swaps Realtek sound fuzzy/static - but the issue remains Can anyone advise me on how to fix this or is this just a wait for better drivers situation Thanks in advance

A:Realtek sound fuzzy/static

2.27 seems to have improved the situation.... it's still not crystal clear, but it is tolerable now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/14078-realtek-sound-fuzzy-static.html
Relevancy 49.88%

THE PROBLEM The problem is that I get nasty static when my graphics card and sound card work at the same time This is pretty severe For example without the static I can graphics sound from Static heavy and t use the windows k Static from heavy graphics and sound desktop effects such as fading and scrolling of menus Video is nasty games are terrible visualizations with winamp suck and surfing the web to music isn t really practical either Here s another odd symptom when I play a song in winamp at the same time as something the song actually changes speed along with the noises It s quite the mess Fortunately it s not constant static I can play a song as long as there is minimal graphics activity and I can do graphical activity fine as long as there is no sound NOTE This problem started when I upgraded to windows k It did not happen at all in win MY SYSTEM I run a nicely equipped self built AMD Duron It s got mb of ram a built to the motherboard in sound blaster pci sound card a D Prophet II MX GeForce II Graphics card windows k I VE TRIED nistalling updated sound and video drivers windows update I ve also tried ensuring the devices are on different IRQs This is difficult to do in Windows since it is generally not allowed by the os However after hard work I did it and the problem remained Now after a fresh reinstall the sound card is back to sharing Static from heavy graphics and sound IRQ with the video card Supposedly this is safe and normal in k I m really hoping to get Static from heavy graphics and sound this fixed soon because I m getting DSL and want to enjoy video web content when it comes Also I don t want to switch operating systems since I m running a paid legal copy of k Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/static-from-heavy-graphics-and-sound.73111/
Relevancy 49.88%

It started a few days ago. To my knowledge,I've made no changes to sound settings. No caution/exclamation marks in Device manager under sound.I've run full scans,clean. Rebooted & even shut it down completely. It does not happen ALL the time, just sporadically. Any ideas? TIA.
W7 Home Premium
Audio
Sound Cards
ATI High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio
Microsoft LifeCam Cinema.
Playback Devices
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) (default)
Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Recording Devices
Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Desktop Microphone (13- Cinema - Microsoft LifeCam.) (default)

A:Unwanted static/sound from speakers

Im guessing you may need a ground loop isolator (http://www.amazon.co.uk/hq-CAR-NF01...76778008&sr=8-1&keywords=ground+loop+isolator), but am not sure... What speakers are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unwanted-static-sound-from-speakers.195412/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a problem with my front audio jack The cause of this problem may or may not be the DAW reaper I set my front headphone jack on my laptop as reapers input and the speakers on the laptop as its output This did not work so I uninstalled the program I tried to use my headphones but there is nothing I sound through all No jack static at headset just uninstalled all the drivers for Realtek and reinstalled them No sound at all through headset jack just static I have also tried system restores times They keep failing regardless of whether Avast is off or not The speakers work and when the headphones get plugged in they work on my phone and other PC's in the house perfectly fine they are recognized by Dell Audio The problem is the only thing in the playback tab in sound hidden or not is speakers and a monitor I don't want to use Can anyone help me diagnose the problem I really want to use my headphones again No sound at all through headset jack just static Headphone model SkullCandy Crushers Laptop Dell Inspiron

A:No sound at all through headset jack just static

The "headphone" jack on this model can be a Headphone jack, a Microphone jack or a combination. I couldn't find out what type of plug is needed, whether it uses an iPhone type 4 connection plug or a standard 3 connector plug. That may be one problem.

Second, set the Stereo Mix as the default recording device. Then whatever is used will be heard by the speakers and a recording program, providing stereo mix is set as the source. You also need stereo mix if you want to record audio from the Internet.

I have a recording studio (Sonar) but use a separate USB connected recording interface unit, not the PC's sound card.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/66465-no-sound-all-through-headset-jack-just-static.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My speakers are crackling and humming to the point they are unusable. Background: They are 5.1 Altec Lansing computer speakers, a few years old. I'd had problems with them just after I got them and had packed them in a box. So now I pulled them out to see what I could do.

I pared everything down to the subwoofer (which is plugged into a power strip). And the cable that leads from the subwoofer to the right front speaker (which has the "on "button). It still made a (very) loud humming sound with static (almost like knocking at times).

I unplugged the subwoofer and right front speaker, and moved it from the den to the living room. It still had the same behavior. Can this be fixed? Or is it a bad speaker (which would mean the whole system is fubared)?

Thanks in advance,
-flippy

A:5.1 surround sound humming/static

Maybe your cables aren't properly shielded, try replacing them with better quality ones.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-surround-sound-humming-static.67189/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently just upgraded my Mobo/CPU as well as RAM/PSU. Only hardware I brought over to the new PC was my Hard Drive and Vid card. I'm having issues of certain games (Bioshock,Hellgate:London Demo, Dance Online) having major static/stuttering during all aspects of the games. Other games such as Team Fortress 2/Crysis Demo are not having the issues at all, and everything is perfect. I don't have a sound card, so I'm using onboard. Should I buy a sound card as well?

I'm wondering if this is a software issue with the games themselves, or if it is my system?

Specs:

Mobo : EVGA nVidia 650i Ultra
CPU : Intel Core2 Duo E6750
RAM : Corsair XMS2 2GB
Vid Card : nVidia 7900 GS

A:Sound is static/stuttering in certain games only....

Hello, EditCross, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, have you installed the latest nvidia drivers? Also, are you on windows xp or vista

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-is-static-stuttering-in-certain-games-only.90757/
Relevancy 49.88%

Whenever I press 3-4 keys that are located above the fan, they make a hissing/static sound.

What could cause this?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi recently I purchased JBL on stage iD speakers ipod dock Pretty decent but the remote is garbage My laptop is Hp notebook and the audio card is realtek HD The speakers worked quite well when an ipod mp is docked or when connected to an ipod through the male male adaptors i think this is what its called however everytime I try to plug the adaptor into my laptop HP notebook producing static sound Speakers it produces static sounds This only happens when I turn the speakers up and whenever I plug unplug the adaptor with the speakers on it will create this weird cracking noise I was wondering if this is the speakers or the laptop s problem The speakers Speakers producing static sound like I mentioned earlier works perfectly fine when docked connected to a music player but doesn t when connected to my laptop Also the static sound tends to start being produced AFTER i started playing something like a movie or music I also realized that restarting the PC seems to temporarily fix this issue Since I only purchased this speakers a week ago I could always go back and exchange for a newer one but I need to verify where the problem is from After googling for a while I ve read that its possible it may be interference from the other cords and or power cords or may be interference from wireless stuff I have ipod ipad connected to wifi not near the speakers as well as a cellphone usually a safe distance away from my speakers and my PC is connected to wifi as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speakers-producing-static-sound.1039148/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have ASUS X540LA Windows 10 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104).

I am getting a static sound even when muted. The sound isn't coming through my earphones but is still heard from the pc even with the earphones plugged in.

I hear what I expect to hear, and nothing more nothing less, through my earphones.

I have disabled and uninstalled my RealTek HD Audio Device and Driver but I believe this is only silencing the issue and not resolving the problem.

Disabling and uninstalling the audio device and driver has rendered sound completely unavailable.

I would like to resolve the problem without opening my pc and cutting specific speaker wires.

What is going on with my lappy and how can I resolve the issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67144-annoying-static-sound-even-when-muted.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 6050 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000, -1988 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 237922 MB, Free - 165334 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0PPW8P
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Hello,

Videos have been playing with a terrible static-y choppy sound that just seems to be getting worse. I've received help with this in the past here and thought about just following the help from that post. But at that time, I was using Win8 and now I'm using Win10. IDK, if that would make any difference so figured it would be better to start over fresh.

The only thing I've done to try and solve the problem myself is:

1. Cleaned the cache
2. Updated my SRWare Iron browser

Neither solved the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help

~k

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/choppy-static-sound-on-videos.1166539/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok so i got a HD LCD tv that i connected to my pc using a gold hdmi cable my resolution is x refresh rate is hertz runs at p on desktop i on games anyway recently if i go to browse a page on say wikipedia this static noise will come from my tv near where the built in speakers are at the bottom of the screen its not the speakers cause they work fine and ive unplugged there cable and the sound still happened anyway if i scroll down the page of wikipedia this static noise will change it goes louder quieter gets quite loud and changes pitch slightly if static sound HDMI, tv tv-pc coming from im on my desktop or certain webpages like youtube the sound totally vanishes theres nothing i could think of in my room that interfers with it but before i got the hdmi cable it was running on a VGA one which worked fine and the sound wasn t there nbsp

A:tv-pc HDMI, static sound coming from tv

have u ck'd the properties on ur sound card? when i use hdmi sound i have 2 change from my default realtek hd audio 2 the tv's hdmi audio or vice versa. might give it a try if u have those options on ur pc. i know it's coming from the tv, but who knows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-pc-hdmi-static-sound-coming-from-tv.877475/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey all So I got a new computer a few months ago a custom build and it s basically been awesome thus far except that there s sort of a constant low-level of audio static being produced The little display on the volume control picks it up so it s definitely something that the sound card is detecting rather than a connection problem and anyway it affects both front and rear audio jacks The sound seems to change and grow louder when my Sound picking up Card static computer is doing something display-wise or even just something intensive I ve noticed it quot blink Sound Card picking up static quot with a flashing IM window It s not normally a problem because it s very low volume--however I have some rather low volume music and this makes listening to it a pain Now from some preliminary research I m fairly certain that this is my sound card picking up nearby noise or electrical signals passing around it or something of that nature Sound Card picking up static The relevant computer specs are as follows Intel Core i Quad Processor i - MB CPU Asus P TSE X Core i Motherboard TRIPLE CHANNEL GB x GB DDR- MHZ PC - TB GB SATA rpm MB CACHE nVidia GeForce GT GB DVI HDTV PCI-Express Video Card REALTEK -CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD I also had them do professional quot round quot wiring which supposedly helps airflow and keeps the inside of the machine neater if that s relevant I spoke with the tech support of the people I bought the computer from and was told that my diagnosis about the sound card picking up noise was more or less correct--but because it s an onboard sound card the only options are buy a separate sound card or replace the whole motherboard which is covered by the warranty but is kind of a lot of trouble and I m not sure if they d cover shipping costs So what I d like to ask all of you is -Are- those the only two options Since the sound card is onboard it can t just be swapped into another slot away from what s making noise I know but is it possible that whatever s making noise can be stopped some other way Should I be concerned about the motherboard anyway assuming that this is an unusual occurrence Does this suggest that there s something amiss with the hardware in general or is it not uncommon for onboard sound cards to have static Is a separate sound card just a good idea in general as someone who dabbles in fan-dubbing and whatnot Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer nbsp

A:Sound Card picking up static

Yes,
installing a good shielded sound card would be better than your on-board sound in dealing with electrical interference

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-picking-up-static.138109/
Relevancy 49.45%

This sounds really noobie of me but is it possible to improve local network transfer speed by adding a 2nd network card. I was planning to connect one exclusively for lan transfers and another one hooked to a separate wireless router.

Right now only a maximum of 3 users can stream SD videos off the PC before it gets a little choppy.

The pc in question runs on windows 7 and it's board has built in gigabit, I happen to have a spare gigabit card.

A:Will adding a 2nd network card improve local network transfer speed

That won't really help the way you are describing the problem, although adding access points will help with streaming to wireless devices.

Although there is a setting in Group Policy that allows you to use two connections at the same time, I don't believe it will help in this situation.

I've done many HD movie streaming tests on my system.

I can stream from my media PC to at least 7 other machines at the same time, 4 wired, 3 wireless, plus my TV, and have no problems at all, no skipping, no freezing, even with the same movie in the same place or with 8 different movies at once, my TV is connected to my media center PC so counts as the 8th one.

This is Gb LAN, and 300Mbps wireless but even the 65Mbps limited laptop has no problem.

I'm not really sure why you are seeing these limitations but it may be the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/275341-will-adding-2nd-network-card-improve-local-network-transfer-speed.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi...

I have a PCs with 2 network cards on each PC.

One network is already working with 192.168.1.1...50 and subnet of 255.255.255.0.

Now I need to setup 2nd network. For that I tried setting up the network with 192.168.1.101...150 and subnet of 255.255.255.0.

I saw that the first network is not anymore. I tried disabling the 2nd network. Then 1st one works fine...

Any idea? what is wrong? What IP addresses and subnet I should use for 2nd network?

A:2 Network cards with static IP on 1 PC

The two networks you've classified are still referring to the same network. In other words based on the subnet mask you're using, 192.168.1.23 is still on the same network as 192.168.1.123. If you want to split the class C network to follow what you want to do, you'll have to use a subnet mask of 255.255.255.128. The first network created from this will have a network address of 192.168.1.0, hosts in the range of 192.168.1.1 to 126, and a broadcast address of 192.168.1.127. The other network will have a network address of 192.168.1.128, hosts in the range of 192.168.1.129 to 254, and a broadcast address of 192.168.1.255.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-network-cards-with-static-ip-on-1-pc.1031015/
Relevancy 49.02%

I wish to set up static IPs in my network using this guide - http://www.patheticcockroach.com/mpam4/index.php?p=68
My question is, Do I do the procedure on every computer in the network?

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,

can anyone tell me how to put a stsic IP on a machine on a network.

Here is the brief Got 3 machines all on the same network going through a linksys ADSL router. One of the machines needs a static IP as it is a webserver for the a website that is used by other members of staff bases in another country, If I change the IP address on the PC it loses all newtorking with the others and drops the internet connection. All amchines are XP and the webserver is Pro. Any ideas thanks an advan ce

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello All,
I have problem with my windows:
I can't connect to any network without Static IP
can anyone help me?
Thank you

A:Can't connect to any network without Static IP

Did you alter any network settings, or disable any services?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/232682-cant-connect-any-network-without-static-ip.html
Relevancy 49.02%

WIN7 SP1, Comcast Cable (internet only), Motorola gateway, Ethernet Cable,
Onboard Realtek LAN, IPv6 disabled.

My IP address of 192.xxx keeps changing to 169.254.52.105 and to public network.
I tried manually setting IP in v4 properties but that doesn't work nor does modem refresh
or ipconfig /renew.

I used to use a Netgear wnda3100v2 but it kept losing the internet signal for no apparent reason so I went to the ethernet cable. Unfortunately I failed to see if the IP was changing at that time.
Any help will be appreciated.

A:Static IP Changes To Public Network

If you are connecting your PC to your Motorola cable modem directly (that is, not through a router), then your IP address should be assigned by the Motorola, which is assigned by your ISP.

I'm going to assume the second octet is 168 (192.168). If that is true....

This is a class C address (like 192.168.x.x), which are private addresses that cannot be used on the Internet.

Since it sounds like you are connecting to your Motorola directly, then you would not be using NAT, so there is no translation from the 192.168.x.x (LAN) address to the ISP assigned (WAN) address.

The 169.254 address is assigned as a "generic" (public) address when your computer cannot get an address from your DHCP server, router or modem.

At least, that's how it works here in Australia.

I would contact your provider and check with them as to the address that should be assigned.

If the second Octet is not 168, for example, your IP address is 192.0.1.0 - 192.167.255.255 then such addresses are valid for internet usage, but I would still contact your ISP.

hth

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/238992-static-ip-changes-public-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello
I posted this question on microsoft answers but seems like may be i could get better help here
i have a situation here
i'm using static IP for Network #1 which is 192.168.1.110
but when i try joining another network let's say network #2 with a router address like 192.168.43.1 i have to change network settings and use another static IP 192.168.43.10
can't i just ask windows to use static IP 192.168.1.110 when i try to connect to network #1 and 192.168.43.10 when i connect to network #2 without having to manually configure it every time ?
i know this seems a bit of nonsense question but i really have to use static IPs when connecting to those two particular networks
thanks in advance

A:Is it possible to assign a static IP for each network ?

Zaref what you really should do is figure out which base ip you want to use. For example 192.168.1.110 then subnet the network so that computer 2, 3, 4, etc. Will share a different segment of the same network. Check out this youtube video (IP Addresses and Subnetting - YouTube) which will teach you more than you need to know about it. Then along with this read up on how subnets work in a business...I've read a couple that describe a company with accounting, shipping, corporate. Another option could be a proxy server, or a switch where all 3 computers are tied together though it.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36495-possible-assign-static-ip-each-network.html
Relevancy 49.02%

One day my laptop was fine Performance, CPU Static Choppy Spikes Sound, in the morning Before I left out my computer was fine but when I came back I was having multiple problems with my computer and it s only used by me The CPU s usage frequently spikes the sound is ALWAYS choppy the computer itself frequently stutters from time to time and static-y and the overall performance of my laptop has decreased dramatically I ve run full McAfee BitDefender Norton and Kaspersky scans As far as the stuttering of the performance there are times Choppy Performance, Static Sound, CPU Spikes where my computer is fine but those times only last Choppy Performance, Static Sound, CPU Spikes until I open up a program or it spikes all on its own again There were problems found with each respective scan however nothing has seemed to fix my problems I ve tried doing a System Restore UniBlue RegistryBooster Advanced System Optimizer and Combofix but all in vain These things have increased the Choppy Performance, Static Sound, CPU Spikes performance of my laptop somewhat but my laptop s performance is still choppy When I watch things on Youtube it s hard to watch because the sound is that static-y Also one day I went into my computer s wireless router setting and I found that Demonware had opened a port connection to my computer and I had absolutely nothing to do with it Here s the HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exeC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuze dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuze dllO - Toolbar BitDefender Toolbar - FFDE - - f -B D-FC A F C - C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender IEToolbar dllO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Sy... Read more

A:Choppy Performance, Static Sound, CPU Spikes

Hi taye17,Welcome to Bleeping Computer.My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like to make a few things clear so that we can fix your problem as efficiently as possible:Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don''t understand, don''t hesitate to ask.Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.STEP 1 - Preparation GuidePlease follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide until you have reached step 6. You may stop once you have finished step 6 and continue with the instructions here.STEP 2 - MBAMPlease download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.STEP 3 - GMERPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-cl... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311060/choppy-performance-static-sound-cpu-spikes/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an HP TSST corp CDW/DVD TS-H492A writer. This has just started recently that when I copy/burn music on to a CD some songs sound fine while others have a lot of static - poor quality. It's not the song/file as it sounds great on the computer or on my IPOD. I usually use iTunes when burning. I have also tried the Record Now! program but get the same crappy results. Do I need a new CD writer? At the end of the copying the message says that everything copied fine. Does my CD writer need a good cleaning or is it toast. Updates?

I have tried burning at the fastest and slowest speeds 1x, 8x, 12x, 24x, etc.

Please Help. Thanks.

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

So, I have the oddest issue with sound on my laptop. Basically: I'm getting static, often really bad -- but only when my laptop is plugged into the mains.

I DJ a couple of times a month, and discovered this last time I did a set. Here's where it gets weirder. My default setup uses a USB mixer (Kam Digi Mini) which contains a second sound card and feeds back to the laptop, so the sound just comes out of the laptop headphones/speaker out port. However, I tried backup with an external USB sound card (Numark DJ iO) which has its own dual outputs, and it still happened using that. I think the latter only contains one soundcard, so I guess it still uses the internal sound card for one.

For bonus points, I tried a different power supply and it affected how bad it was.

Anyone want to have a go at this?

A:Weirdest sound issue - static when plugged in

Bad power supply (ie: the power distribution inside the laptop).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weirdest-sound-issue-static-when-plugged-in.1136062/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, everyone.  I recently purchased a used early-2016 Spectre x360 and upon receiving it I noticed the laptop makes a faint static/scratchy kind of sound.  It's the same volume no matter where I put my ear to the keyboard or underside of the laptop and it only goes away during tasks - like opening an app or scrolling down in a word processor - but then it comes right back. The laptop fan also turns on, and stays on, during even the most mildly graphic-intensive games like Candy Crush, but I don't know if the problems are related. If anyone knows what's going on, I appreciate the help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-making-a-static-like-sound/td-p/5808742
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a CM6501 Sound Card in my windows XP computer. I have a problem where my sound gradually gets static-y as the computer is on. The only fix I have found is temporary, and it is to shift the sound output. Any shift fixes it, and then, later it begins to get static-y. My computer is not dusty (makes static even after cleaning). I do game a lot and leave my computer on usually 24/7. Any tips?
thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

When I talk in yahoo chat my mic sounds like I am in a tin can, and it echos, it was ok but is the pits now, what can I do please??

thanks very much

A:my micrphone has a loud static echo sound, what can I do please!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-micrphone-has-a-loud-static-echo-sound-what-can-i-do-please.255997/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all After dealing with this problem for a couple of months and being unable to find the solution I have to swallow my pride and ask for help I m operating on a self-built rig with the following specs WinXP Pro SP gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core Board ASUSTeK Computer INC M R -MVP Radeon X Series Display adapter SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio Anti-virus Spyware AVG Ad-Aware Now to the problem Every week and a half or so my computer s processing speed will become about as fast as cold molasses and any sound music will also lag and have a lot of static When in this state Windows takes anywhere from Solved: Recurrent with sound slowdown and lag static - min to load after a restart At first I believed Solved: Recurrent slowdown with sound lag and static this to be a software problem since using system restore to an earlier point seemed to remedy things temporarily As such I decided to do a reformat and clean install of Windows in the hopes that would fix everything - and it did for about two weeks Now the problem is back and a system restore fixed it - for now I don t want to spend a ton of money swapping out hardware trying to figure out what s going on so any ideas fixes would be much appreciated Thanks ahead of time -D nbsp