Windows Support Forum

Weird problem after changing my PSU

Q: Weird problem after changing my PSU

Hi forum I have changed my power supply because my ex power supply involved in the problem specs was Watt Watt Real model GP B Green with that before it crash down my system was boot up correctly after I hit the Power On button on top of my chassis since a few days ago that I ve bought a new PSU with this spec Green Watt Real OC edition model GP B GOLD plus Gold now the problem is every time I want to turn on my PC first it doesn t boot up but it s powered on and all hardware are in correct position and nothing s weird just actually do nothing until I push or times Reset button or Power button from chassis and then after a while when it re-started again everything goes well and system will boot up perfectly note - new results and experience I decided to have had some tests so I told by myself let s check the computer when it s powered off recently and I did uninterrupted turn it back ON again so it worked I tried several times to power On and power Off shutting down from windows and it worked so I get that when my machine is powered off for half an hour or maybe several hours then it should be handle after my problem PSU changing Weird this problem Weird problem after changing my PSU which I mention and This test was a huge leap in my opinion pluralization - I m thinking maybe it refers to my new and fresh PSU maybe it has a new system delay interrupt or maybe optional Weird problem after changing my PSU setting that can help through this - maybe the problem is related to the cables I m not sure because I double checked the cables and all connections before - if problem is related to the Capacitors so in this case Capacitors are usually swollen but there is no sign of this condition I also double checked Capacitors for assurance - especially this PSU is the best kind of high power supplies and it s new no sign of ripple noise or any suspicious signs of its internal hardware - so we can say no MOBO suspicious no PSU suspicious no Graphics suspicious anything but only RAM at this point we can say maybe problem is refers to the RAM modules because I haven t test it yet and I hope it is nothing to worry - according to recent test we can assuming there should be a common setting or case that helping us through this because if there was a problem with any kind of hardware then why when I test it repeatedly ON OFF uninterrupted there was no sign of a problem and one more thing remember not to there is no sign or overheating of any kind of my hardware too I m always aware about this any help will appreciate in advance Thanks System Specs OS - Win Enterprise x CPU - i Video - GTX Mobo - Asus P X D Premium x chip RAM - GB Corsair XMP x GB MHz nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Weird problem after changing my PSU

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Weird problem after changing my PSU

Any suggestion ? HELLOOOO?anybody's home?game time..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem-after-changing-my-psu.208889/
Relevancy 59.34%

Forgive me if this sounds uninformed, I am not into computers at all.

I have recently switched from Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit to 64 bit. Now whenever I listen to music on youtube or after I download it, it sounds differently then it used to. I'm not even sure how to describe it... It's still possible to listen to music but the music, especially the vocals, sound way deeper. Is it supposed to be that way and is there any way to make it sound the way it used to?

A:Weird sound problem after changing from 32bit to 64bit

Hello and welcome Ivan now mate to start with some system specs would be helpful because we need to know what your audio is driven by for example plus what you are using for a sound output ? speakers ? headset etc so please see this post back.
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/361286-weird-sound-problem-after-changing-32bit-64bit.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello All I've been using my PC for Weird BSOD messages with changing years and with Windows for almost more than an year now Recently a month ago I started getting random BSOD's the problem intensified and I even got long repeating beeps while starting the PC i figured out it was a RAM problem so just to be on the safe side I changed my RAM and Motherboard as well I even formatted the whole HDD completely made new partitions and then with new OS I am still getting BSOD's Sometimes with the IRQL exception message Weird BSOD with changing messages and sometimes with the BAD HEADER POOL message I'm not sure what the problem is and any help will be most appreciated I am attaching dump files considering the different messages on the BSOD screens My PC config is as follows Mobo Asrock G VS Proccy Intel Core Duo E Ghz GPU Palit Nvidia GT MB RAM Kingston GIG DDR MHZ X GB PSU Corsair VX I am quite new here totally new infact so if there is any more information I need to provide please let me know

A:Weird BSOD with changing messages

Quote: Originally Posted by gryfindor1

Hello All,

I've been using my PC for 4 years and with Windows 7 for almost more than an year now. Recently....a month ago, I started getting random BSOD's, the problem intensified and I even got long repeating beeps while starting the PC...i figured out it was a RAM problem...so just to be on the safe side, I changed my RAM and Motherboard as well. I even formatted the whole HDD completely, made new partitions and then with new OS I am still getting BSOD's. Sometimes with the IRQL exception message and sometimes with the BAD HEADER POOL message. I'm not sure what the problem is and any help will be most appreciated. I am attaching 3 dump files considering the different messages on the BSOD screens.

My PC config is as follows:

Mobo: Asrock G41 VS 3
Proccy: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3 Ghz
GPU: Palit Nvidia 9600 GT 512 MB
RAM: Kingston 4 GIG DDR 3 1333MHZ (2 X 2 GB)
PSU: Corsair VX 450

I am quite new here, totally new infact, so if there is any more information I need to provide, please let me know.

These are easy. Your video driver
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Minidump\120910-12734-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0285d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a9ae50
Debug session time: Thu Dec 9 03:44:11.906 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:27:29.359
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8003be66f0, fffffa8003be6820, 413000c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1a5761 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa8003be66f0, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
A... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/129972-weird-bsod-changing-messages.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Today I went on my computer and when I clicked on the internet Pop-Up Home Changing...& Keeps weird Page my homepage was changed Then about seconds after I clicked on the internet some weird pop-up comes up This is Home Page Keeps Changing...& weird Pop-Up the homepage that it changes to res C WINDOWS System shdoclc dll navcancl htm Also another Home Page Keeps Changing...& weird Pop-Up weird thing is that the homepage Address is always the same as above but the actual page that comes up has been different a few times They are all search pages And when I go to Internet Tools and change the homepage the address that is in there is http default home and then the little screen that pop's-up is called Search Results for cash for structured settlements-Microsoft Internet Explorer So I ran CWShredder and it says the system was clean I ran Norton Antivirus about times and it also said that there were no viruses found So can someone please help me figure out why this stupid search crap keeps taking over my homepage I appreciate you taking the time to read my problem and help me try and solve it Here is my HiJackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTBDaemon exe C WINDOWS System CTFMONSS EXE C WINDOWS System CSRSSW EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Bob Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http default home R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http default home R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PopupFilter Class - F E B- - ff- - F CF - C Program Files Aladdin Systems Internet Cleanup PopFiltr dll O - BHO eBay Toolbar Helper - D E - A E- DFB- E-AAB F BD - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - BHO VDOMP Class - A ED D-B E - c d-BD - DB AE A DD - C WINDOWS wtlbass dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO WebHBHO Class - EBDCEF - - E -BBE - CC CE - C WINDOWS System webh dll O - BHO IRDIXAObj Class - f cb e-c f- a - e-fae b e - C WINDOWS madise dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar eBay Toolbar - AD -F A- D-BD -B CC DF CE - C Program Files eBay eBay Toolbar eBayTB dll O - Toolbar no name - E F -EA - A - C-D ABC EED B - no file O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvT... Read more

A:Home Page Keeps Changing...& weird Pop-Up

Hi

Please check you are not running HJT on the desktop or a temp folder.Its best run in a dedicated folder of its own.Make sure to run Adaware, Spybot S & D(check for updates) as these will do a preliminary clean first.Some files below may not be present after running the above programs.

Then....
Turn off your System Restore SEE HERE Reinstate it when your log is cleaned and then create a new restore point.Close your browser window and run hjt in safe mode... HOW TO RUN SAFE MODE and have "Hijack This" fix all the following items in the list below by placing a check in the appropriate boxes and selecting "fix checked".If any EXE files have been selected go into HijackThis/Config/Misc/Tools/ and open process manager. Select the EXE files (if they are there) and click Kill process before deleting.

Files highlighted in BLACK in the log will need to be removed from your hard drive.

Make sure to have your system set to show hidden files and folders.. HOW TO SHOW FILES

..Then please reboot and post a new log when finished...

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://default.home
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = ,
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://default.home
O2 - BHO: VDOMP Class - {A0ED918D-B8E6-4c3d-BD15-1DB1AE9A5DD3} - C:\WINDOWS\wtlbass32.dll
O2 - BHO: WebHBHO Class - {EBDCEF51-9973-49E5-BBE8-5CC880CE2030} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\webh.dll
O2 - BHO: IRDIXAObj Class - {f760cb9e-c60f-4a89-890e-fae8b849493e} - C:\WINDOWS\madise.dll (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0E1230F8-EA50-42A9-983C-D22ABC2EED3B} - (no file)
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMONSS] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMONSS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CSRSSW] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CSRSSW.EXE
O16 - DPF: {03F998B2-0E00-11D3-A498-00104B6EB52E} (MetaStreamCtl Class) - https://components.viewpoint.com/MT...od/install.html
O16 - DPF: {25365FF3-2746-4230-9DA7-163CCA318309} (GTDownloaderCtrl Class) - http://inst.c-wss.com/59/EN/html/gtdownlr.cab
O16 - DPF: {f760cb9e-c60f-4a89-890e-fae8b849493e} (IRDIXAObj Class)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/home-page-keeps-changing-and-weird-pop-up-35143.html
Relevancy 48.16%

First off I m aware of the option to have Windows detect and change the timezone automatically That is disabled via group policy registry update setting tzautoupdate is set to For whatever reason several computers that have been upgraded from to are running into problems where their local time zone is reverting to our headquarters time zone after a few minutes On other machines it s fine There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it I stayed late last Thursday checking and rechecking one computer forcing gpupdate over and over and it looked to be doing ok The next morning it had gone from Pacific back to Central time This isn t affecting systems timezones Weird after 10 upgrade. issue with changing that originally had installed But it s annoying for my Weird issue with timezones changing after 10 upgrade. end users and I m out of ideas I have a policy that will run a script on reboot to set the time zone for these locations but that s only helps on reboot and this is affecting throughout the day We want to synchronize time with our domain server of course but I don t want it to enforce the time zone Any advice nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/weird-issue-with-timezones-changing-after-10-upgrade.1906074/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Recently my computer became under attack from something i m not sure what but all i know is that things keep popping up like every seconds Something included. HJT changing anti-virus, homepage log every sec. my Pop-ups, weird 2 called virus-heat was Pop-ups, weird anti-virus, changing my homepage every 2 sec. HJT log included. popping up but i did a system restore and it stopped so hopefully that is fixed But I still have something trying to change my homepage every seconds windows telling me my computer is under attack every once in a while my desktop picture changes to something that has a link on it and I get a bunch of other random pop-ups Here s my hijack this log hopefully someone can see something wrong with it Pop-ups, weird anti-virus, changing my homepage every 2 sec. HJT log included. and I can get it fixed it would be much appreciated Thank you in advance Also let me know if you need any more info Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost Pop-ups, weird anti-virus, changing my homepage every 2 sec. HJT log included. exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system drivers svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe E Downloads TVersity Media Server MediaServer exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data ydojexct khsjudgd exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe E Downloads daemon daemon exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS mrofinu exe C DOCUME Matt LOCALS Temp winlogan exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe E Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Pro DTProAgent exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C WINDOWS system etclwdgl exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system WgaTray exe C DOCUME Matt LOCALS Temp csrssc exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe E Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe C WINDOWS explorer exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar stfngdvw - FB- A C- CAB- EA -A D C B DCA - C WINDOWS stfngdvw dll O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot E Downloads daemon daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Zune Launcher quot C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run runner C WINDOWS mrofinu exe A B BBF D AB B CBD B... Read more

A:Pop-ups, weird anti-virus, changing my homepage every 2 sec. HJT log included.

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pop-ups-weird-anti-virus-changing-my-homepage-every-2-sec-hjt-log-included.701361/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am furious at not knowing why my date/clock in Windows 7 keep changins its appearance. It is as if the files or settings for Windows change mysteriously back and forth and I don't like it one bit.

The issue pertains to this clock/date shown at the bottom right corner on the screen just beside the system tray.

Sometimes it tells me the clock and no date or anything else is shown.
Some hours later it changes mysteriously to show the clock and the date format I once set, so that I get to see the day of the week, the date in numeral and the month in letters, and finally showing the year.

Something appear to be horribly wrong in Windows and I have no hope fixing it.

Only hope here is if this issue is familiar to other people.

A:Weird behavior by Windows 7, clock/date field changing

Do these changes happen when you hover your curser over the date? A few screenshots would be helpful!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300493-weird-behavior-windows-7-clock-date-field-changing.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am completely perplexed with this Ok so I have the Solved: Weird 120% weird Alcohol ACCESS - problem DENIED with installation file for Alcohol v Solved: Weird weird problem with Alcohol 120% - ACCESS DENIED on a DVD so when I try copy pasting it to my E drive I get an Access Denied - Make sure the file is not in use or write protected error However I can copy it with no problem to my C drive Once I do that if I try to run the installation I get the quot Windows cannot find the specified path device or file Make sure you have the appropriate permissions to access the item quot error Trying to copy it from C to E gives me the access denied error again and I ve already removed all atributes like read-only What the hell is going on here I m system administrator and in the years I ve been using WinXP I have never seen this problem The file isn t corrupt it works on other computers Right clicking on it the context menu takes a good seconds to show up nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

i'm having a weird problem in my setup, it's not a real problem but it's very annoying.

i can't post a screenshot right now, but the situation is pretty simple:

i have a "login button" (see attached example) floating on the left of my third screen. It's the same exact button from the login screen.

The button can't be moved, it doesn't react to right-click but it does react to left click, showing the account control panel

If i try to change resolution (forcing a redraw of the screens) the button goes away, then it comes back in the same position after some time (minutes)

how can i get rid of it?
thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379322-weird-weird-graphic-problem-3-screens-setup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,
I have just installed ms office professional recently. I usually open this program for a game. When i open it it gives me this -- Imageshack - 85374956
It happened with this program. I dont think it does with the other ones..
This has not happened until i installed ms office 2007. im really pissed now because i have had quite alot of problems with it. I might just uninstall it and never install it again because its interfeiring with other programs. If anyone can help cool if not ill just uninstall it.

A:Weird - Very weird annoying problem

Nothing happens if you wait for it to "finish configuring"? May I suggest trying to run it as administrator? Even if you're running an administrator account, you may want to try and give the program administrator privileges; right-click on the program you're running and select Run as Administrator.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243570-weird-very-weird-annoying-problem.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have the strangest problem with my internet since updating to W8. My internet works absolutely fine all day, up until later in the day (not sure what time exactly this happens) but it stops working! It says it is connected but it simple can't find a network.

I am connected via LAN to an apartments in house internet setup.

I honestly have no idea what the problem could be! When I was in W7 it was fine. The ethernet cable is always plugged in properly.

I have talked to the internet "pro's" who operate the LAN in the building but they are confused by this too.

Help would be great thanks.

A:Weird Weird Problem!

Are others in the building also losing their internet access at a similar time? Upgrading to Windows 8 could be co-incidental. There are some really bizarre things that can upset an ADSL signal if that's how the building gets its access.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12518-weird-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi....Friends.....!Few month ago i bought Hp 15-r035tu Notebook then today i want change OS but i can't install..... Other OS like Windows7,8,8.1 were changed but windows xp wasn't.... So what's the problem.....i wan't solution of this problemso........please help me what can i do....... 

A:Os Changing Problem

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! Your computer officially supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 - other OS and versions are not supported. You cannot install Windows XP due to limitations in the BIOS or lack of drivers. Even if you manage to install another operating system, certain hardware or software functions might not work properly or as expected due to the lack of drivers or not tested to comply with these other OS. What is the Operating System you want to use on this computer ? From what I see in the official Product Specifications it would have arrived with no OS or FreeDOS.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Os-Changing-Problem/td-p/5597341
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

I want to change my IP address to another country (Europeen preferred) so that I can visit websites i've been banned from.

I visited what'smyip.com . When I go to cmd and type the command ipconfig\release I am told:
"The operation failed as no adaptor is in the state permissible for this operation"

I am the administrator, so what should I do?

By the way, since i'm new to the computer world, if this thread should be somewhere else please tell me where.

Thanx

A:IP Changing Problem

TechSpot does not help with the activity you request.
You have to be detected in one of the selected countries... It is not a simple declaration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ip-changing-problem.133524/
Relevancy 37.41%

Wndows XP Home SP with IE I have recently after changing problem OE ISP's changed French ISP's from Wanadoo orange to Free and have been allocated a new email account which works fine With my old ISP I used to hit the read mail icon on the IE toolbar which opened up Outlook Express but with the new ISP installed when l hit the button it tries to connect with my old isp and Outlook Express starts up but with a Wanadoo icon on the header bar Went into tools accounts and saw that there was only one there Created a new account put my new ISP's details in the properties and set it as the default Went back to IE selected the read mail icon but OE problem after changing ISP's it still tries to open my old ISP first When l checked on the two accounts it had switched the default account back to the original So this time l deleted the old account and just left my new one in there Same routine again with IE and still it tries to open up my old ISP Checked the accounts in OE again and it had put back the deleted account as default I'm now a bit stumped as to what's going on and why OE seems so obsessed with my old ISP Any ideas as to what l can do next Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242533/oe-problem-after-changing-isps/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just now changed to a Athlon XP 2500+, but when I start it up, nothing is display. So, I took it out and pop back in my old Athlon XP 1600+ and it started working. What does this tell me?

Relevancy 37.41%

I have an MSI 815M Pro (MS-6334) motherboard with Winbond W83627HF-AW PLL IC.My processor is Intel Celeron 366Mhz.My BIOS doesn't support changing the FSB(Front Side Bus).I have tried Fuzzy Logic III which is bundled with the mobo.It does not show the buttons for setting the FSB.I have also tried various other third-party software like CPUFSB,SoftFSB,etc,in their latest versions but in vain.Please suggest a way to change the FSB of my MOTHERBOARD.

Relevancy 37.41%

in the last weeks my old gpu ati 4600 done a lot of problem in my pc. after few days
the monitor blinks and there was no screen. i check the card and he was ruined.
a friend gave my nvidia 8500 gt card. the problem was that the drivers of
ati was still installed in win7. when i plugged the card to pc the windows
freeze in the screen of win7 boot. so what i did i install win7 on the exist system
in order to enter windows. now the problem i have new windows that work and
old windows folder with all windows and all my data that i need. i can access
to files and buckup them but i prefer to enter the old windows with all my data and software and somehow to delte to old ati drivers that it will not freeze in the boot.
how can enter the old windwos 7 with all my data and files?

A:problem after changing of GPU

You can't...you installed Windows over itself which automatically moved all existing files into windows.old. You can't undo this.
You would probably have been able to boot Windows in safe mode or with VGA only and then uninstall the ATI drivers. Unfortunately it seems you went ahead of yourself and reinstalled it over itself, and now it's too late You will have to go through the windows.old folder and retrieve your personal files manually.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/190476-problem-after-changing-gpu.html
Relevancy 37.41%

hello there i live in Tahiti french Polynesia and am a subscriber to mlb com this season to renew my subscription i updated my profile with Problem Changing IP my new credit card and logged into a game but was blacked out as an international Changing IP Problem subscriber blackouts do not apply Changing IP Problem so i made my first of calls to their online support to find a solution they said that they could not resolve my IP to my zip code as it kept changing and said the best would be a static IP i called the ISP and they cannot give me one my layman s understanding is that by resolving my IP to my zip code it proves that i am an international user and therefore blackout exempt what frustrated me most is i have been a subscriber for years and had never had such a problem why now they could give me no explanation other than they could not resolve my IP and zip code the only solution is that when i want to watch a game i have to make a long distance call and ask the operator to give me a blackout override which works perfectly but is only good until Changing IP Problem the next IP change i downloaded a small IP notifier and saw yesterday for example my IP changed times in about hours so yesterday i had to call three times during one game i cannot continue to do that i have very limited knowledge in this area and i have been doing some research and i wanted to ask your opinion if a dynamic DNS service could work and or be the solution or maybe a VPN but thought i would ask i am at my wits end does anyone have any ideas as to how i can get around this many thanks lionelk nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-ip-problem.1170023/
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is farber FRST scan but there is no option available for attachment Addition txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST problem changing DNS x Version - - Ran by Vikram administrator on VIKRAM-PC - - Running from E Malware removal tools Loaded Profiles Vikram Available Profiles Vikram Platform Microsoft Windows Ultimate X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be DNS changing problem closed The file will not be moved AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe AVAST Software DNS changing problem C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Malwarebytes Corporation DNS changing problem C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastui exe Avast Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast ng vbox AvastVBoxSVC exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wbem unsecapp exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Upwork upwork exe C Program Files Upwork upwork exe C Program Files Upwork upwork exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run GrooveMonitor gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher gt C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM Run AvastUI exe gt C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe - - AVAST Software HKU S- - - - - - - Run Upwork gt C Program Files Upwork upwork exe - - ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers avast - gt B -C - CF- - CC F gt C Program Files AVAST Software Avast ashShell dll - - AVAST Software Startup C Users Vikram AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Auto Shutdown lnk - - ShortcutTarget Auto Shutdown lnk - gt C Program Files Auto Shutdown AutoShutdown exe Entru Inc Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Tcpip Interfaces C F- F - CBA- - DD AD C DhcpNameServer Internet Explorer HKU S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Redirect Cache hxxp www msn com en-in ocid iehp BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper - gt DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - gt C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll - - Adobe Systems Incorporated BHO BitComet Helper - gt F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - gt C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dll - - BitComet BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - gt - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll - - Microsoft Corporation BHO avast Online Se... Read more

A:DNS changing problem

Hi,

Whats the DNS changing problem? You are trying to change DNS servers?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591700/dns-changing-problem/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, i just bought my computer and the whole thing is in korean...when I tried to change the interface in Regional and language > Install/uninstall language > Browse computer or network, i got a runtime error. Here's exactly what it says :

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more info.

I even updated my computer and it still wouldn't work..this is getting really frustrating could someone please help me?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section ><

A:Problem with changing the MUI

Hello Andrew, welcome to the Seven Forums.

You can easily change the system language using Windows 7 Language Packs. You need to have 7 Ultimate or Enterprise edition, language packs are not officially available to 7 Starter, Home and Professional editions.

For more information, read this post in Windows7 users & languages.

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/62617-problem-changing-mui.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I can't seem to get any wallpaper to show up on my screen. In the box marked "background", everything is grayed out and I can't select anything. I tried everything I can think of. I tried looking at all the tabs on the menu at the top, customize desktop (I didn't change anything there or at "settings" in the menu). I even tried scanning for viruses, spyware, and malware. Nothing helps. Please help!

A:Problem Changing Wallpaper Too.

You can try the tweak at Kelly's Korner. Scroll down to line 142 on the right. Right-click on the "Allow Wallpaper /Background Changes" link and choose "save as" with the destination as your desktop. Then double-click the file and answer "yes" to allow it to be entered. Then restart. (The file should have an icon that looks like this.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62079/problem-changing-wallpaper-too/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm having a problem changing between open windows on my system Sometimes I need to click or times to change active windows Sometimes the active window I'm working will go inactive I'm not sure if I have a virus or a hardware problem Problem Changing Windows Thanks for any help Gordon HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Problem Changing Windows svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS htpatch exe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Problem Changing Windows Offline Course Player OlpSynch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE C WINDOWS system sistray EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Media Studio SMSTray exe C Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mim exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system umonit exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar ImageShack Toolbar - D -ABC - -A C-D A E - C WINDOWS ImageShackToolbar ImageShackToolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run HTpatch C WINDOWS htpatch exe O - HKLM Run SiS KHooker C WINDOWS System khooker exe O - HKLM Run ASUS Probe C Program Files ASUS Probe AsusProb exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run MimBoot C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe O - HKLM Run OLPSYNCH C Program Files Offline Course Player OlpSynch exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run LMPDPSRV C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LMPDPSRV EXE O - HKLM Run SiS Tray C WINDOWS system sistray EXE O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/problem-changing-windows-155478.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok. I changed my SID number last night and after I rebooted most of my stuff was gone. Well, I dont know if its gone or it is just not available to me because Im not able to log in to my my administrator account. I am not able to perform most functions because I dont have the rights to do pretty much anything.

If I get my stuff back, that is cool, but I really need to start windows 7 over so I can get started again.

Is there a way that I can fix this or somehow restart my system?

A:Problem after changing SID number

Did you by any chance record your original sid? if so you could have a look at the tools in the sysinternals suite from Microsoft.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

If not and you have enough access you could try an upgrade install of your existing system from the install media or better still from inside the existing system.

once you have done this you should be able to recover your files (possibly from the windows.old folder)

once you have your files back a complete fress re-install is recommended

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/73986-problem-after-changing-sid-number.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I am running XP Pro SP2 on a Foxconn motherboard with the display in Classic mode.

Since I started with the motherboard I have been running it with a 128Mb nVidia GS7200 video card but I got fed up with the BSOD caused by the driver getting into a loop at startup.

I replaced it recently with an ATi Radeon X1650 512Mb video card - much to my delight with the increase in speed I must add. However since installation every so often (perhaps one in three) at startup the toolbar reverts from Classic mode to XP 'normal' mode. I can go into the desktop settings and change it back to Classic mode in which it then stays without problem, but next time I start up it might be Classic, it might be 'normal.'

I have tried locking the toolbar to no avail.

I am running Kaspersky V7 anti-virus and CounterSpy V2 adware etc blocker.

Anyone any advice?

Relevancy 36.98%

Whenever I want to change the name of a folder and I have opened the folder in question first I always get an error message saying:
"The action can't be completed because the folder or a file is open in another program", even though this is not true.
I have to exit Windows Explorer and enter again, and sometimes even this is not enough.
What to do about this?

A:Problem when changing folder name

Hi Martin426, welcome to 7F!

This could be a problem with the thumbs.db, see: How To Fix Windows 7 Bug Where ?thumbs.db? Prevents Renaming Or Deleting Most Recently Viewed Folder - Hard Answers

There are a couple of Microsoft articles included in the link:
Renaming a network folder in Windows 7 Explorer fails with "the action can't be completed..."

WINDOWS 7 BUG: Explorer Locks "thumbs.db" in most recently viewed folder | social.technet

There is a tutorial here concerning the: Thumbnail Cache - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316203-problem-when-changing-folder-name.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all,
Today I tried to change my motherboard over to a AM3+ socket one and install a new AMD CPU.
I created a backup image file on a external drive. So I performed the sysprep and upon turning the system back on I got an error message:

Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer.

After reading up on this, I found it was common. One solution was to use my installation disk and repair the computer. I thought this worked as I can now login to Windows. However when I do, if I try to click on Computer I get an error saying:

The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

I could not find a definitive answer for this, and that's why I'm posting.
Could I use the backup somehow?

A:Problem after changing motherboard

Another method is to apply your last image using it's boot disk, then Adjust Win7 to boot on new hardware with Paragon Adaptive Restore CD

You can first see if it will start without adjusting as sometimes happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327518-problem-after-changing-motherboard.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I uninstalled StyleXP then installed WindowsBlinds. Now I can't change themes from WindowsBlinds or desktop-->properties. WindowsBlinds hangs when attempting to change themes and changing appearance from the desktop properties causes Windows to revert to a seemingly classic theme.

Please help.
(latest version of all softwares used)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-changing-themes.526037/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm trying to change my driver from ACPI Uniprocessor PC to Standard PC, but whenever I do that it gives me " The data invalid", even though I reinstall my whole window XP last night. Is there anyway I could fix this and change it to Standard PC ?

A:Having problem changing driver

Since you have just reinstalled and have few programs of your own loaded (hopefully), do a Repair Install and when the box asks you to press F6 to add drivers for SCSI or other devices, press F5 instead.

You'll get the list of HAL's and select the one you want (you have to scroll that little window).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/having-problem-changing-driver-405014.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Not sure if this is the right area, Oh well.

I have a 1TB Hard drive. It had three partitions currently, a very very large one full of media, one for my Win7 and another with some random crap on it. I also have almost 200gb in unallocated space. I want to delete the drive with the random crap, but I do not get the option to delete the volume. I also want to extend my large media drive, using the unallocated space, but again, I can click on Extend, but it says I can only enlarge it by around 19gb.

A:Having problem changing Partitions

Hello.

Before we make any specific recommendations will you please post a snip/screen-shot of the entire disk management drive map with a full description as to which drive/partition is which, so we can see what you have going on as there may be a fairly simple way to resolve the situation.

In the Windows start menu right click computer and click manage, in the left pane of the "Computer Management" window that opens click disk management and post a maximized snip of that.

How to Upload and Post a Screenshot and File in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/154405-having-problem-changing-partitions.html
Relevancy 36.98%

i have to change the view every times when i am seeing the files in one of my drive or folder.
i want that one view would be same for all drives or all folders or sub folders.
as you can see the attachments here...

i want to set the medium icon view to all.

A:problem in changing the view?

Quote: Originally Posted by maifs

i have to change the view every times when i am seeing the files in one of my drive or folder.
i want that one view would be same for all drives or all folders or sub folders.
as you can see the attachments here...

i want to set the medium icon view to all.

Try this:Close all currently open Explorer windows
Launch Explorer (<WINDOWS_KEY>+<E>)
Open the folder for which you want to customize the view
Set the view as you would want it
Click "Organize" in the top left of the Explorer window, then select "Folder and search options"
Click the "View" tab
Click the "Apply to folders" button
Click "OK"
That should do the trick.
One other question: Is there any particular reason why you've enabled compression of the drive show in the screenshots you included?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/44057-problem-changing-view.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Foer some reason or other my daughter's computer started showing the wrong date , so I went into Date andTime Properties>>>Date and Time tab and the box for the month showed the numer 7, not the month. When I clicked on the drop down menu it showed a list of twelve 7s and not the actual months .

I thought it might be the battery on the motherboard so I replaced the battery with a new one. No change.

Any ideas please.

A:Problem changing date in Win xp

Did you reset the BIOS clock, date & time, after you replaced the battery?

Did you save the changed BIOS settings by hitting F10?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/489822/problem-changing-date-in-win-xp/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have an HP machine that came with Vista When I got this machine it had some major hardware problems these were fixed I then had to replace th OS so I went with Win The OS installed fine but I used my name during the install process that was ok because I was going to keep it Then a very close friend of mine needed a computer because her old XP had died Problem User changing name I decided to give her the HP I went into system and chaged the computer name and control panel User s and changed that name both area s show that name But when I go into my computer C drive users my name is still there and I can not change it The only solution I know might be to get into Problem changing User name the regedit and change it there I just need help getting to the right area I hope someone can point the way thanks quot s nbsp

A:Problem changing User name

You probably should do a clean reinstall of Windows 7 so your friend doesn't have a computer with your leftover "debris" that can't be gotten rid of.

Something I learned to do a long time ago when doing a clean install of Windows is enter ComputerOwner as the username. It can then be given to anyone and not have someone else's name.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-changing-user-name.1029251/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have windows xp and would like to remove all the programs from starting up.( use sysconfig in the run menu) Have done this in the past and were successful but can't do it now. When I go the selective startup menu and select the startup tab and then uncheck many of the programs ( or all of them) it states that there is problem with doing this and I may have to log in as an administrator. I believe that I am always logged in as "owner" and the owner is an administrator (I have checked this in control panel and this seems to be the case. I don't have any log in menu when I start my computer, it just starts up. Thank you

A:problem changing msconfig

goto
Start >
Control Panel >
User Accounts >

it should say of your account is administrator

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-changing-msconfig.1068973/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all I have a PC old but does the job it needs to that has a quot Digimate flat screen with built in speakers Now one of the speakers has died and I have been given an older quot Digimate flat screen again built changing when screen. Problem in speakers by a relative to replace it The problem I have is that whenever I put the older screen on one with working speakers and start the Problem when changing screen. PC the resolution locks at x bit If I shutdown and put the newer screen on one with broken speaker I can adjust the resolution as required The only way I can get the resolution to change when I have the older screen attached is to totally remove the Problem when changing screen. Graphics drivers and set it to a default VGA using windows basic drivers As soon as I put the ATI ones on it locks card is an old Radeon SE if I remember right im dont have the PC at work All drivers etc are all up to date Any thoughts Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-when-changing-screen.787696/
Relevancy 36.98%

I turned off the User Account Control feature because I found it annoying. I didn't restart my computer immediately afterwards, either. However, when I did finally reboot, I found that ALL of the data I had saved was missing. I performed a full scan of all my disks using Revuca, but not a trace of the files showed up. And finally, when I looked at the previous backups of the files and even the oldest backup of the folders are empty. It is as if the files never existed.

Is there any possible explanation for this?

A:Weird problem with UAC

I can't imagine disabling UAC having anything to do with the files getting erased; I have mine disabled as well. What exactly do you mean all data, is it like a clean install? Are all folders still intact?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/weird-problem-with-uac-514096.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I don't know if this is the place for this, but, I'm having problems with web sites. I can view the text on a web site just fine, the problems is, all of the pictures are blurry, even if I click on one to enlarge it. It still is blurry, almost as if water droplets were in front of it.

If the photos are not on a web site I can view them just fine.

A:Weird Problem

Don't know that I have a solution for you but you may want to provide more details ->

how are you connected to the internet - cable, dsl, dialup connection?
are you using a router?
Who is your ISP - AOL, verizon, comcast?
What computer do you have - make and model?
What operating system - windows 98, XP, Vista?
what browser are you using - internet explorer, firefox?
If i had to guess, i would say you are using internet explorer on a DELL computer -> I would suggest downloading and using firefox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem.96325/
Relevancy 36.98%

Dell Dimension Intel Pentium ghz gigabyte RAID MRI partition sorry did t realize XP Home Zone Alrm Pro Hi-Jack This Serious and Weird Problem Spysweeper XoftSpy NOD Ad-Watch Ad-Aware SE Pro Alright sit down and try to take this all in NOD day ran out uninstalled but never Serious and Weird Problem restarted started playing COD online when the comp froze loading server ctrl alt del would not work so pressed pwer button upon reboot beeps at Dell BIOS screen then screen says quot floppy diskette seek failure quot quot drive not found Serial ATA SATA- quot press F to continue F for setup utility NOTE I DON T HAVE FLOPPY DISK BUT NOW Serious and Weird Problem ONE SHOWS UP Serious and Weird Problem IN MY COMPUTER Upon hitting F goes past windows XP Home screen loads windows welcome screen for about seconds then screen goes black and very strange box with weird almost chinese symbols appear if you open say notepad there would be about - of these characters on solid blue bar were the title notepad would be and one line with - symbols in the box Now there are options a close out with X b click OK it won t let you close it out and it won t do anything unless you click OK it just waits I click OK and the welcome screen resumes and loads up to the desktop NOTE THIS ONLY HAPPENED THE FIRST TIME AFTER FREEZING AND REBOOTING ad-watch proccess watch went absolutely berzerk with suspicious behavior so i started blocking them but it got to much I consistently blocked proccesses from to according to log as fast as i could block them so obiously i stopped reading them there must have been at least after i blocked the last one that is when i could not load any exe files NOTE other file extensions i can t use - com lnk and can t run programs from start program files and can t run command prompt from Run or any programs also this is just a question why is there up to svhost exe in my procceses Rebooted same as steps - Same thing in Safe Mode but with networking only IE and Outlook work and only for about minutes before Zone Alarm VSMON says quot something has prevented zonealram from starting correctly becuase this is similar to when a hacker tries to access your computer ZA has locked your internet quot In regular mode which i am in right now i have internet access ONLY if i click on a program then it will say windows needs to know what program created it and i look it up on web and hit home to go to google ZA does not shut it down in regular mode other programs like guitar pro won t load but if i select an a song file that the program uses it will load guitar pro can click on a vidoe or song and it will load Real Player but can t load Real Player directly The only way to get to regedit is Task Manager File Hold Ctrl and click New Task for command prompt then i can get to regedit I also have no task bar icons I ran a Hard Drive diagnostics and came up with return code Tried MRI partition Ctrl F at boot but for some reason that now brings me into Safe Mode Borrowed copy of XP pro to install and changed boot sequence When it loads to CD it loads all files for windows setup then says quot A problem has been detected and windows has shut your computer down to prevent damage to your computer quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Technical information stop x xFFFFFFB x x x Also i can t run hi-jack this to post a log becuasue of exe problem I am new to computers and would appreciate any help Thank You nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-and-weird-problem.471616/
Relevancy 36.98%

Weird problem Please Help My Dell computer is randomly deleting files They are usually some or all of the files on Please problem Help Weird ? my desktop but Weird problem ? Please Help it recently began deleting any file I save to My Documents and now other areas of the computer even my start menu I scanned and scanned for viruses with Norton System Works but it has not found anything ever Now here is the weirdest part We have two of these Dells in the office and after not being able to fix the problem I switched and began using the other Dell With this other computer I used the wireless network card from the first computer transferred my Thunderbird email back file which I scanned for viruses and use the same network and access point Other than that I was now using a totally different computer Well guess what When I turned on the computer yesterday all the files on the desktop were gone Today even more files are gone The only thing that was the same on the commuters were my Thunderbird backup email and the same network card I am totally lost as to how to figure out what is going on here Both computers keep deleting files almost randomly I have no idea what s going on Please Help Thanks so much Noah

A:Weird problem – Please Help

Hi cachemony

Since this is an office environment -- do you have recent backups?

It certainly sounds like the systems are compromised - by virus, worm, spyware, rootkit, direct break-in (hacked), etc. . . .

Do you have an IT department? Are you a member? The steps you take next depend on your disaster-recovery procedures. You would want to make sure you have the authority to go forward.

It's likely the Norton itself may have been compromised. Malware hidden by a rootkit, too, can escape detection. If you have fairly complete backups, the absolute safest method for complete eradication of severe pests is the zero-write of the hard drive, and a Bios-flash from a write-protected floppy. Then a reinstallation. Re-imaging a Ghost copy is fairly secure, also.

Not nearly as secure, but might do if you haven't any backups = you can pull the infected drives, slave them in a highly protected system, and scan them there with several different scanning engines. There's a break-in or malware somewhere along the line - files don't just disappear on their own. But it's a favorite game the malware likes to play. A number of good tools and procedures for malware removal are listed in the 5 steps here at TechSupportForums http://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=15968

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-problem-please-help-111704.html
Relevancy 36.98%

i am currently using mozilla right now for my browser but there are a few things i need IE for . The reason why i cannot use it is because it gives me a blank page with no error. I know that it actually goes to the page too because i right click and view the source and gives the correct hteml source for the page. i am running win2k pro and i tried downloading the lates patch for ie 6.0. Is there a place where i can just redownload IE 6 , i cant get it to come up on miicrosofts site. any ideas , thanks in advance

A:IE weird problem

You might give IEFix Utility a try first.
Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-weird-problem.504621/
Relevancy 36.98%

Dear All hi!
This is a weird problem I'm facing:
I have a mobile phone Sony Ericsson k770i.
My computer system is Win XP Pro.
The Windows Explorer displays jpg thumbnails nicely on any hdd drive except when I go to the phone memory card, where photos are stored and this even though I have all relevant Ericsson software installed.
A similar system on another machine can see the memory stick as "Phone Card" and it can display all functions including thumbnails, although the relevant Ericsson software is not installed.
Could you help please before I format completely and reinstall everything? [Sorry some things drive me crazy sometimes and, as we say in Greek, "I get out of my clothes"!]
Anticipated thanks for your help and my gratitude to the forum for the invaluable assistance to the members.
Cheers.
D.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.772582/
Relevancy 36.98%

i've got no idea why now when i start my bit torrent program, i just got disconnected from the modem.

i thought it was my zone alarm which was playing around, so i turn it off, restart my modem n the same thing still happen.

any idea

A:Weird problem

read the forum rules please we no offer no help or support for any P2P program

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.581710/
Relevancy 36.98%

For about a week now when i shut down OR sleep i can only recover from it a little less than half the time without restarting It s a Crucial M SSD Every other time i boot from off everything starts spinning but no graphics whatsoever appear on LCD on restart from this fail BIOS loads fine and i never have to restart more than once in a row like this When i wake Weird SSD Problem from sleep every other time it s fine and the other half my cursor and everything else is frozen Ctrl-Alt-Dlt does nothing Every time windows loads successfully i get a screen-goes-to-black then comes back quot Nvidia windows kernel mode driver version xx failed to load and has recovered quot message And then it operates normally until i next shutdown sleep Had SSD for - weeks before i had this problem This problem lasted for weeks Weird SSD Problem as described As of this morning instead of the usual failure message-then-normal-operating never would crash randomly it freezes in place prior to any error messages upon EVERY startup so ive switche dback to reg HD now No other problem playing games over-under-notatall-clocking makes no difference When i use my previous HD before i switched it out for the SSD everything is fine so Weird SSD Problem it s not my video card or other components failing The only things i can think of that I changed recently was going from the default nvidea drivers to the beta drivers to the but I ve installed and uninstalled and reinstalled each of these to no fixing avail I have updated the SSD s firmware to the latest from the Crucial website with no problem it didn t fix anything Also around the time the problem started i got suckered into installing the Codec-V plug-in through Chrome on a streaming website Could this have broken things I quickly removed it as soon as i realized it was illigitmate and I removed every trace i could find as im good at this But malware wouldn t affect every-other-BIOS-boot would it Could it Win -bit gigs RAM no hibernation file enabled on the SSD EVGA GTI very safely moderately overclocked disabling overclockin doesnt help Such a weird problem what do you think it is what ought I do update now that i plugged it back in in any configuration with one or neither of my two sata drives one being the previous system drive and the other being the auxilliary drive the computer will boot to BIOS screen and freeze there this was never a freezing point before and sometimes does the black screen thing as if im not going to be able to fix the SSD is it dead nbsp

A:Weird SSD Problem

First I would re-install windows on your SSD if this has no effect this has nothing to do with your SSD this 100% your GPU. When the graphics driver fails, that means 1 of 2 things:

1) You have either not enough voltage or a too high clock on your GPU overclock

2) Your card has a hardware fault.

Since you reverted it back to stock speeds and the problem continued it is safe to assume your card is bad. If you have integrated graphics I would recommend trying to run your computer on it. If not either use a random card laying around your house if you have one to diagnose (just to make sure that the card is bad).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ssd-problem.1072811/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, I recently upgraded my RAM from two sticks of 4gb to two sticks of 8gb. Everything was going fine until I watched Netflix for a little bit, then my two monitors went black. After a moment they turned back on and I had no sound. I restarted the computer and it was fine again until... I try to watch Netflix again, same thing over and over. I never had this problem with my old sticks. The RAM is G.skill TridentX series. Both my old and new. Same frequency 2666. I didn't put my old Ram back in. Also I don't have a sound card so that's not the problem. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ram-problem.1167901/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi All

I just purchased two SSD's and have them in Raid0 as my boot drive with program gfiles installed. I am not even sure how to describe my problem but here goes. I click on a program or drive and nothing happens for up to 15 secs then I hear this noise and bingo whatever I click on opens. I use paltalk a bit and it will sit there trying to connect then again that strange noise and it connects immediately ... could my network card be "sleeping" .. I really have no idea .. I should be getting almost instant performance with two SSD's in raid but I am not ... any suggestions on this weird issue most welcome

Check out the power options on all relevant hardware in Device manager, It could be the network card or even the drives. USB could be an issue too if you have any relevant hardware attached.

Also check any options on your raid controller that may be separate from the Device manager

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61800-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey everyone I ve had my current PC for about years and I m ready to re-build it with all new components I ve realized that motherboards and processors are pretty cheap and I can build a decent system for around bucks if weird HELP! Really RAM problem I salvage my old case etc Anyway I m having this problem with my old set-up where the motherboard reads the RAM capacity wrong For example I put a a total of G DDR RAM into my Mobo and it reads it as only MB DDR RAM Then I remove one stick so only MB DDR RAM is in and the Mobo reads it as MB I Really weird RAM problem HELP! m really puzzled by this So in summary my Mobo is reading my sticks of mb as mb each I ve made sure this RAM is compatible with my motherboard and all that I have a Intel D PERL Motherboard and the RAM I have is actually listed as compatible on the Intel support website Any suggestions would make my day Chris nbsp

A:Really weird RAM problem HELP!

First point is that if you salvage your old case you will probably have to fit a new PSU to it to deal with the new components.
Second - that RAM is not compatible with the motherboard. Maybe wrong voltage or wrong speed, but wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-weird-ram-problem-help.97643/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ive got 2x512 CORSAIR memory in my pt800ce-a mobo(I KNOW about all its problems) Ive flashed the bios to the latest update which is suposed to adress my problem but obviously hasnt :-/.

When i run either of the sticks through memtest86 they pass no problem, ive put each stick in each slot and visa versa, but as soon as i run BOTH sticks together, they no longer pass memtest86, fails with 500 ERRORS at 99% of test 5. What gives? I know there is alot of settings pertaining to ram in the bios but I havent a clue as to what i need to change/if anything...any help is GREATLY apreciated...i cant run my computer on 512 :-/

Relevancy 36.98%

This one is fairly weird I use quot Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC quot onboard card for connecting to the internet I use the drivers supplied with my motherboard which worked perfectly until I reinstalled my OS Config below No bells and whistles Just enable the LAN and I could connect to the internet like eating cake However after reinstalling my OS I m facing this awkward situation Here s what happens Let s say during a session before shutting down I disable the LAN Now when I boot back in Internet is naturally not available since I have disabled it But when I click Weird Problem enable again Weird Problem it keeps showing quot acquiring network address quot for a while and then fails and goes into the limited or no connectivity mode The only way I can get internet back is by shutting down windows with connectivity enabled In other words if I shutdown windows with connectivity enabled even if it says limited or no connectivity the next time I boot in internet will Weird Problem be Weird Problem up and running Also my connection goes into limited or no connectivity mode after say minutes of usage The only way I can get back into the network is by rebooting again Thanks for reading this rather bizarre and long post Awaiting your suggestions PC Config MBoard - Asus P RD -VM based on Radeon Express Chipset CPU - Pentium Single Core GHz MEM GB Single Stick DDR MHz HDD and - Seagate IDE rpm GB rpm GB LAN - Realtek RTL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Onboard OS Windows XP SP English Build nbsp

I can think of two possibilities that you didn't rule out in your description.

Maybe the NIC or another chipset driver was installed from XP's collection, and you want to upgrade to one(s) from the motherboard's collection that you mentioned?

Maybe sometime before the reinstall you upgraded to a newer NIC (or other chipset) driver and now need to do so again?

Not sure if it matters, but to what is the NIC connected--cable modem, DSL modem, router, etc.?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.660456/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey all we have a saying here along the lines of quot A tailor can't fix his own holes quot so Weird Problem I am here asking for any advice I have been getting a strange glitch where windows stop refreshing and menus and informational pop-ups like when you hover mouse on title of a webpage turn black The context menu for example when right clicked show correct for a split second and covered by a black overlay This started after I installed a program called QTTabBar but not sure if they are related Today it happened Weird Problem twice in minute interval but possible it won't happen for days Remedy has been to log off and log back in I have already restored to an image from before the install And also cleaned the startup a bit But still happening Attaching the DM log collector from a few days earlier had a random BSOD Weird Problem results in case you want to check the state of the system

There are a couple of drivers showing up in your dump file.

Kaspersky:
Code:
fffff880`02db6068 fffff880`038e7558Unable to load image klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
klif+0x21558

Code:
KLIF Kaspersky Lab Driver Kaspersky Lab Driver File System System Running OK TRUE FALSE 147,456 241,664 0 3/11/2014 1:13:11 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys
Zone Alarm Firewall:
Code:
BugCheck 7E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88007f4ecd8, fffff88002db6978, fffff88002db61d0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+ecd8 )

Code:
Vsdatant Zone Alarm Firewall Dr Zone Alarm Firewall Dr Kernel System Running OK TRUE FALSE 12,288 380,928 0 6/4/2014 3:03:11 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\vsdatant.sys
I don't see any trace of Kaspersky on your system, have you had it installed and then uninstalled it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373833-weird-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Weird Text and Window Distortion Problem I have a weird problem and it may or may not be a virus though it probably is The windows and texts often get distorted such as when i open up task Weird Problem manager sometimes it s as if it Weird Problem was extended very very long and the buttons and everything are missing and when I open folders after the first letter for the names on everything it s continued with a Also sometimes on random applications and things task manager always included the buttons disappear for the task manager the processes list applications and file view and all those buttons disappear and the window gets widened past my screen limits and I can t drag it back to the normal window size I ll have many screenshots on this soon Additional information I use a hp pavilion a c I have not downloaded anything recently except the Antivirus AntiVir Guard found on the topic Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps http img imageshack us img virus qg pnghttp img imageshack us img virus fs pnghttp img imageshack us img virus qf pnghttp img imageshack us img virus me pnghttp img imageshack us img virus ng pnghttp img imageshack us img virus mu png

Hello NormanXuminZhu, WelcomeThis is a weird problem. I'm not really to sure what to say here and someone else may have a better idea. Since no one has replied I'm offering these suggestions.Have you tried running your AV and spyware tools in safe modeFirst thing I notice is your CPU usage is very high. If you can get the tabs and post what proceeses are running that may help.Second try to double click on the greyish colored border between the edge and the white box,see if that brings the tabs back.Third you may want to do a Repair install assome files may be corrupt.Instructions for that are herehttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/h...ips/doug92.mspx

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74215/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm not sure if this is caused by spyware, a virus, or just my own doing, but every time I click on a folder to open it in brings me to the window to do a search. I had problems with spyware that I fixed, but I don't know what to do with this problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

A:Weird Problem...

Welcome ruddell

Before anyone can help with this problem, we need a bit more information.

What operating system are you running? What steps to scan for malware have you used? What spyware was found and how did you remove it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51593/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hiya.

I am having a very odd problem proboboly caused by a virus of some sort. I scanned with an online scanner (micro trend) and I have viruses and deleted them both,yet,I still am having this weird problem. Whenever I click on a file,it says " Windows cannot find "file stuff goes here" please Search for it using the start button then search". It does that for almost ever single program I click. I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

~IgneousPrime~

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I posted my problem with the same topic under general computer security and there Wox mentioned steps for this problem which said do post your problem in this section rather than general security I m Sorry for wasting your time for looking different threads for solving my problem Quote http www techsupportforum Problem Weird com f ml post As I mentioned earlier whenever I click the link searched by google it redirects me to other sites which google never showed me I hope I have provided everything that you have asked me and hopefully you guys will Weird Problem be able to solve Weird Problem this problem I followed each Weird Problem step and here is what you asked for I have also attached the results from activescan report results from Main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Shams on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Installed Microsoft Office PowerPoint Template Pack - - UTC - RP - Installed Vypress Chat - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE F Softwares Security Softwares dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google com pk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com search q s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http www google com ie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll file missing O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO no name - C - DDA- B - B -C E B B E B - C WINDOWS system dmloade dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C ... Read more

If I:\ is a flash/thumb drive make sure to insert it before running the script.

Please download Combofix from HERE or

HERE

Save ComboFix to the desktop.

Please copy this page to *Notepad* and save to your desktop for reference as you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out portions of these instructions.

It's IMPORTANT to carry out the instructions in the sequence listed below.

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Open *notepad* and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

Quote:

File::
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cewmd.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmloade.dll
I:\RECYCLER\INFO.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system\atmpvcn.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system3\Audiode.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\browsel.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cewmd.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\d3dr

Registry::
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\~\Browser Helper Objects\{808865C3-1DDA-4B24-85B5-C8E09B3B4E7B}]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{d46c4a48-6a7e-11dc-a76c-00095b07f654}]

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe which is on the Desktop.

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe

Restart your computer.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt

Please copy and paste the ComboFix.txt along with a fresh HijackThis log in your next reply please.

*Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall*

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/weird-problem-188554.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Recently Weird problem AVI I have had one particular AVI file stop working It basically no longer plays the Weird AVI problem audio or video of the original content and has taken over the audio files of several completely unrelated AVI files When I went to open this file today which has worked countless times it no longer had any display or original audio but instead played non visual incomplete audio clips from much smaller AVI video files The file lists it s original size and lists no errors but everytime I click it I get partial audio from family Christmas clips stored in a completely different folder without the video I opened the files that the usurped audio was from and they still work fine So basically I have a feature length avi film that now does not play but instead plays incomplete audio from other video avi files on the same drive but not in the same folder Oh also when I open it in VLC or any other player it lists the amount of time played but does not list a complete time for the file aka how long the file is in minutes No other file on the computer seems adversly affected I m mystified

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295603/weird-avi-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm using Windows XP and I have a 4 GB flashdisk. My flashdisk has 3 GB used space. But, when I select all items there and click "Properties", the "Size on disk" only says 2 GB. Then, when I check again, 1 GB of my files are gone. I can say that they are not hidden, because I set "Show hidden files and folders" at options.

How to retrieve these 'hidden' 1 GB of files?e

Relevancy 36.98%

I play problem Weird cpu online games such as RTCW Enemy Territory Call of Duty Counter Strike Source or Team Fortress My CPU will run all my games perfectly but approximately minutes into the game my fps will go from fps to - fps for about seconds then return back to Weird cpu problem fps It continues to happen and get worse as I keep on playing I have McAfee anti-virus CCleaner Ad-Aware SE personal and TuneUP Utilities I use them all and I have zero spyware and no viruses My original powersupply was only W of power I added a new Weird cpu problem powersupply which has W I also just added the gb of ram to my cpu I originally thought my cpu was overheating which was causing my frame rates to drop I will be checking the forum often to see what you guys have to say please ask me questions to help fix my problem i will post answers quickly THANKS My CPU Windows XP Professional Service Pack Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz L Cache KB Memory MB corsair Mobo Foxconn MA Series Power Supply RAIDMAX RX- A ATX V EPS V W Power Supply Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Hard-drive gb nbsp

A:Weird cpu problem

Are you able to leave your side case open for your ventilation ?

Also, you might want to opt little more fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-cpu-problem.92511/
Relevancy 36.98%

A couple of hours ago my internet stopped working, which was a weird thing since my connection showed full bars and when i troubleshooted it found no problems. When i opened anything on google chrome it said that i wasnt connected to the internet. So I tried to open my Norton AntiVirus software but it just would do nothing, no matter how many times i clicked on the icon, it would not respond. Later it just started trying to fix my computer. The window that said there was a problem read thet i had an error called error 8504, 101 and that norton was trying to fix my internet connectivity, which in turn didnt work and asked me to go to its website for additional support, though i didnt have internet connection. I am now using my phone to write this. Any ideas??

A:I have a weird problem

I saw this.We have seen this error appearing with a program called RapidBoot which comes with the Lenovo computers. If you have RapidBoot on your computer, make sure that you download and install the latest version. Contact your computer manufacturer for further assistanceMorehttps://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v62545610_EndUserProfile_en_usI moved this to Antivirus tools for now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560233/i-have-a-weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have absolutely no idea about what is going on with my computer. Here's whats up:

--I recently completely reformatted and reinstalled windows, but the same problems continue which seems really weird to me.
--I'm getting various Stop error messages (IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA were the two I was getting).
--Every time I restart Windows (or after it randomly restarts, freezes, or crashes) I get the "Windows has recovered from a serious error" message.
--Windows restarts itself after about a minute of use.
--Practically every application I run (AIM, Firefox, and IE are the only stuff I've installed on the fresh Windows install.) crashes saying "The program has suffered a critical error and must be shut down" or something to that effect.

What the heck is wrong?

A:weird problem

Bad ram possibly.

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last 2 or 3 minidump files to that folder. They are numbered by date.
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select "Send to (folder name).zip"
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a 3rd party driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

Beginners Guides: Diagnosing Bad Memory

Windows Memory Diagnostic
Memtest86 - A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.497415/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, I have a PC which upon booting, none of the USB peripherals are working, a 2nd reboot usually solves the problem.
anything i can do or check to find out why this problems occurs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-usb-problem.995815/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have had a weird problem for awhile now when using AIM. Everything is normal at first when IMing, then after awhile the regular IM sounds switch to just beeps like the computer error beeps whenever a message comes in. The messages still flow normally, but the smilies are also disabled and it shows a blank box around wherever each smiley would be. Eventually, especially if I have more than one conversation going at once, the box sort of freezes up and I can't see the menu options on the message box.

If I exit AIM and start it again, the process starts over with everything working OK for awhile, then getting bad again.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling AIM, and the problem still happens.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

A:Weird problem with AIM

ive never had a problem with aim. u can uninstall and reinstall it. what version are u using? the latest one for windows xp is 6.5. hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-with-aim.680555/
Relevancy 36.98%

The past few weeks I have been getting an error on my computer that I problem...need weird help! have no idea how to fix Here s what happens I sign on to my user account and when I try to open a program say internet explorer a dialog box pops up The header of the box says quot Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library quot And the dialogue inside the box reads quot Run Time Error Program C Program weird problem...need help! Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe This application has requested the weird problem...need help! runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the applications support team for more information quot So nothing opens and I eventually just restart my computer and then everything works It seems to happen when another user is still signed onto the computer hasn t completely logged off But like I said once the computer is restarted the programs open up I ve tried the Scan Disk virus scans Ad-Aware scans everything i could think of and nothing helps Does anybody have any suggestions Thanks Randy nbsp

A:weird problem...need help!

We are going to have to get some more information from you on system spec's like processor, speed, ram etc and the version of Windows you are running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-need-help.482732/
Relevancy 36.98%

New PC onboard NIC fresh install of XP SP and I cannot get incoming TCP IP connections I m getting an IP from the router I can connect out to Weird problem TCP/IP the net and get web pages back ports are all forwarded properly but the system won t accept incoming new connections at all I can ping it from another machine on the LAN but I can t VNC into it or connect the remote DVR client If I set the VNC server to allow loopbacks I can connect to it from the same machine with localhost and by using the machine s own IP but not if I use the outside IP It REALLY looks like a firewall problem but the nLite XP build I m using doesn t even include the firewall component it s one I made especially for these DVRs where the Windows firewall isn t required and I ve used it Weird TCP/IP problem on numerous systems before without a problem I ve run a couple different quot TCP IP Weird TCP/IP problem stack repair quot utilities and even run the built-in Windows diagnostics all to no avail Unfortunately I have to leave this site right now but any suggestions anyone has for my next visit would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

When I run my computer for a while , (like 12 hours) I lose connection to my internet and I can't connect. If I have a game like runescape open while this occurs, it doesn't effect it. I can still play it. But after the internet stops working I can't connect to anything. When I try to run MSN, I used the trouble shooting thing and it said that the key ports wasn't working. If anyone could help me with this I would really apreciate it. thanks so much - jeremy

A:Weird problem

Hello Jeremy,

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/weird-problem-447257.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, a newbie here!
I have little issue with XP, and wonder if any of you could help shed some light on it. PC spec is:
2gig Ram with an AMD3200 64 Processor. PCC Extreme KV2 mobo.
The Pc itself is as fast as I need. I can open hundreds of images in photoshop ridiculously fast, but if I open the folder of images to view the thumbnails in windoze it takes forever and a day. Its not one particular folder, any folder with any number of images suffers the same issue.
If I open the same folder on a lesser spec'd PC it does not have the same prob. So it is definitely a local problem, and not with the media itself.
Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance..

James

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello Folks I have upgraded from D GBF board and Intel Celeron D GHz processor with DDR - MB Kingston RAM and nVidia inno d GT MB GPU to the following system ---------------------------------------------------------- Board Intel D GSA - MHz SB Processor Intel Origional GHz - Socket - MHz FSB RAM Kingston MB x GB DDR- DVD-Writer ASUS P S UPS Alpha Digital VA Graphics Card remains same i e nVidia Inno D GT MB ------------------------------------------------------------- But now I have another issue which is quite weird i e whenever I launch Heroes of Might and Magic its start up screens run smoothly but when real game almost begins to start my system just shutdowns straight away No warning no message no signal just shutsdown as if someone has unplugged its power cable When I try to turn it back on I have to first unplug the cable to my power supply at back of casing and then re-plug it Only then my system turn on Also I have played Doom on it and it runs just fine It runs fine other applications As far as Problem Weird A heavy games are concerned I have only checked HoMM and Doom on this system yet P S Sticker on A Weird Problem My power supply reads ATX- A is that mean that it is Watt power supply What should I do to resolve this problem Please guide me in this A Weird Problem regard Accept my Thanks for ur help in advance OK one more thing I have figured out that is it is not necssary to unplug my power cable A Weird Problem and then replug it in order to turn computer back on instead if I just turn off my UPS power switch or main power switch off and then on computer turns on fine nbsp

A:A Weird Problem

A better psu cant hurt, that is a 300watt that you have i expect and it undoubtedly just isn't enough.

Putting a 400watt or better should help and probably fix your problem.

The best advice i can give you is to spend as much as you can afford on a psu an to go only for well known makes.

If you are looking to get a new one, let me know how much you have to spend and where abouts you are in the world!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-weird-problem.57410/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I problem Weird LAN on IP have just experienced a really strange problem My lan at home consists of a desktop which is always left on as a media streaming server and a laptop sometimes my phone jumps on to it too Laptop XP SP desktop XP SP There is a dsl router connected via ethernet to a linksys acting as a wireless access point for the laptop The desktop is connected via ethernet to the linksys in one of its switch ports just like the router DHCP is on the linksys and the desktop is static ip So I was watching some TV on the laptop being streamed over from the desktop and hangs I thought it was just some wireless signal interference or drop Not so I was running a remote desktop session to the desktop at the time which also dropped From the laptop I tried to reconnect the RDP and tried accessing my mapped drives to the desktop no joy Tried pinging the desktop nothing Weird IP problem on LAN Pinging the gateway router and the access point works fine so Internet works OK from the laptop Laptop can ping itself and the loopback Slightly annoyed that I had to get out Weird IP problem on LAN of my seat I checked the desktop no visible change on it It was downloading with my p p program everything looked normal Tried pinging the gateway router and access point worked fine When I try to ping the laptop ip - nothing Desktop can ping itself and loopback it can also access its shares via UNC path no problem Very strange I tried rebooting everything hey you never know including the access point and the router Still the same results as before The only thing I can think of that might cause it was a new just installed AV client I put on the desktop Symantec AV Corporate Edition was scanning at the time of the disconnection It found some keygen programs which I have on one of the drives - nothing to worry about they always appear in AV programs and don t cause any harm It also found some trojans in the System Volume Information directory and quarantined them I stopped all it s services and processes but to no avail It doesn t make much sense that the two computers just stop talking to each other I would be pretty handy troubleshooting most issues on networks computers but this just has me scratching my head IP works with everything except the two machines Help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ip-problem-on-lan.738094/
Relevancy 36.98%

so my gaming pc i just got has a weird problem... as soon as the cpu hits 64 degrees celcius it shut my whole computer down... i am dumb when it comes to computer so ill try and tell you what it has..
8 gigs of ram
amd phenom quad core processor
asus mother board
nvidia 550 ti cyclone 2
and i think that it.... please help if you can i have researched this for days and i dont know what to do anymore... thanks

Relevancy 36.98%

i have some weird symbols floating on my screen and when i install nvidia drivers my screen goes blank.the symbols are making my screen unreadible

windows starts up normally and after the loading the screen is blank and the monitor led starts blinking but i can hear sounds like welcome sound etc.
1. i didnt over clock my card
2. i tried flashing the latest bios but it didnt help
3. i formatted 12 time -no result
4.i change 2 heatsinks so its not an over heating problem.

once the problem went away and when i switched on next day it was there again

i had this problem since 3 days.
here is a screenshot

my config

asus a8bsli deluxe
amd ath 3000+
1gb ram
128mb 6600gt pcie
330w power supply

Uninstall the video drivers from the Safe Mode by going into Control Panel, System, Device Manager and then restart your system. Let Windows XP find and install native video drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-problem.58670/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi Guys,

We have 4 FTP sites. I use computer NO.A to upload to one of them, the speed is very slow!! but to other 3 FTP sites very fast. So i changed another computer NO.B. It worked very well to upload all 4 sites. I tried to change NO.A 's IP address to NO.B's. It is the same thing. It puzzled me a lot. Did anyone meet so weird thing?

Thanks,
Frznk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ftp-problem.751203/
Relevancy 36.98%

I thought I had a problem with Quicktime not installing But I just realized it has nothing to do with Quicktime it has to do with the letter quot Q quot If I download anything that starts with the letter quot Q quot it gives a message that says quot filename doesn t exist It may have been renamed moved or deleted since it was downloaed quot and won t save to computer If I open a notepad and try to save it with a name starting with Q I go where I saved it at and it isn t their If I take a file that is already on my computer and rename it anything I Very A Very Having Problem Weird Am that starts with a quot Q quot when I hit enter to save it the file A Very Very Weird Problem I Am Having just vanishes If I install a program any files or folders that start with quot Q quot don t save to my computer does anybody have a solution to this I ve done a virus scan used Ad-aware and Hiijack this but everythhing seems fine any solutions Thanks in advance nbsp

A:A Very Very Weird Problem I Am Having

This is very strange and nearly impossible. Try a system restore if you are using winxp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-very-very-weird-problem-i-am-having.477652/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a problem and it spreads to every video game: whenever I log in, my character runs right infinitely, even though I've deplugged my keyboard and turned on/off my computer. I need help.

To those kind enough to offer their knowledge, please know:
I did turn on and off the computer.
I changed keyboards.
Once IG, I took off the keyboard.

Yet the problem persisted. Thanks to those who can help me and will.

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi guys As you can see I am fairly new to this forum and to computer hardware I would consider my knowledge Problem SSD Weird pretty minimal on this stuff So a couple of weeks ago I had custom PC built I bought all the parts but had the shop put it together as it also came with a year warranty Here is a list of all the parts MOBO Gigabyte X -UD CPU Intel i - GFX Gigabyte Radeon HDD Hitachi Deskstar TB SSD PYRO Patriot GB This is my problem The computer is fine for about a week or two Then out of the blue the SSD completely dies and no longer shows up in BIOS Weird SSD Problem Last night I put the computer to sleep Instead of going to sleep however it began restarting itself over and over each time it would start up it would make a series of strange beeps then turn off start up again and do the same weird beeps again I held the power button to hard reset it waited a few minutes and turned it on again It opened up and displayed an error message saying something like quot Failed to come out of hibernation press any key quot but then booted smoothly with no problems and got to the desktop without any more issues I decided to shut it down This morning when I woke up I turned it on and it came up with this message quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key quot Now obviously this meant that it couldn t recognize my SSD which had Windows installed onto it I went into bios and surely enough my SSD was no longer in the list of hard disks This is NOT the first time this has happened This has happened twice before in the past month The computer would be fine for a week or two then out of no where the SSD would die I have had the SSD replaced before my eyes with another one fresh out of the box I am sick of going back to the store and having them ponder over it a while before just replacing the SSD and sending me on my way Any help on this matter would be very much appreciated Thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Weird SSD Problem

Have you asked them to replace it with a different brand?

Your motherboard has a BIOS update that improves SATA HDD compatibility, it may also help with SSD drives as well. It might be worth flashing to that BIOS.

The Patriot Pyro SSD also has firmware updates and I'd strongly recommend that the drive be updated to the latest firmware when its installed; the updates are quite substantial from the original firmware that may be on the drivers.

There may be a way to recover this latest SSD, some SSD's have a recovery mode to bring them back to life.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-ssd-problem.1060487/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I installed with problem Q key Weird the win a couple of weeks ago and everything was working fine when all of a sudden while browsing the internet I see how the Q key is being pressed continuously For example when I m looking at a site all of a sudden the browser will start acting as if I was hitting the Q key repeatedly Same with the media player AIMP When I m listening to music I would get the song that I m listening to Weird problem with the Q key go to the queue like times as if I m pressing the Q key to add it to the queue I scanned the computer with AVG not the free version and the Spybot S amp D and it didn t find anything Do you know how I can see what s causing this mysterious action The key is not stuck I checked that I tried removing some of the last programs that Weird problem with the Q key I ve installed the last and still didn t help I tried reinstalling the Java and Flash Still didn t work And the thing is that when I m using the computer this doesn t happen but when I Weird problem with the Q key leave it idle for a couple of minutes I get - qqqqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqqqq I do not know what to do nbsp

A:Weird problem with the Q key

check for an infection

how do you know it is not a sticky key,that is what it sounds like

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem-with-the-q-key.1083091/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello there!
I have a problem with my Windows 7 computer.
It was laggy so i decided i would re-install windows.
It was running perfectly fine.
But now when I'm reinstalling windows it is stuck on 0% on the Expanding Windows Files.
Im at war with this computer now.
Please i need help as quickly as possible.

A:Weird problem.

Hello, and Welcome What is the make and model of the computer? This problem could be due to a failing hard drive. Did you try to reinstall from an Install disk or the Recovery Partition on the hard drive?

Download Seatools for DOS and create a bootable iso disk from the iso file. On another Win7 computer you can right click the iso and select Burn Image. Do the diagnostic tests.

You may have to change AHCI to IDE mode in BIOS for Seatools to detect the drive.

Tutorial

User Guide

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552334/weird-problem/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have absolutely no idea about what is going on with my computer. Here's whats up:

--I recently completely reformatted and reinstalled windows, but the same problems continue.
--I'm getting various Stop error messages (IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA were the two I was getting).
--Every time I restart Windows (or after it randomly restarts, freezes, or crashes) I get the "Windows has recovered from a serious error" message.
--Windows restarts itself after about a minute of use.
--Practically every application I run (AIM, Firefox, and IE are the only stuff I've installed on the fresh Windows install.) crashes saying "The program has suffered a critical error and must be shut down" or something to that effect.

What the heck is wrong?

Happy to help, but I need some information first.
Is this a laptop, or is it a Desktop PC?
What version of XP are you running?

Do you know how to boot to Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-problem-114783.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Okay anyway, I have a Linksys Wireless router, It was a little shakey setting up, but after a few minutes of frustration I managed to get it running. It ran fine for about a month. Then my internet stops working, since I could still see and acess other computers on my network I figured that it was adelphia. Anyway three days later I tried a direct connection to the internet, and it works fine. Now however I cannot acess the internet on any of my other computers. I've already tried repairing the network countlesss times and re-starting and re wiring. Apparently the router cannot communicate with my cable box. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-wi-fi-problem.59510/
Relevancy 36.98%

st fix right click on properties of game icon click on compatibility run this program XP service pack instead of service pack i weird problem did this but it caused a new issue so i went back to service pack nd fix start task manager end explorer exe and the game wont bug out this prooved to give me no problems so i still use weird problem this fix the problem is ever since doing this i noticed a severe different in the way my computer is responding in versatile situations for example now when i am running my weird problem game and lets say i have a nd or rd program running if im playing the game and i press F it usually activates the nd or rd program but now if i have the game open nothing else is reactable like the game somehow freezes all outside actions and i cant relate the game with my macro program or communication programs this is really bogus and if anyone could help me out that d be awesome thanks weird thing is all other programs are still working together its only this game that somehow locks up my comps versatility nbsp

DizzyGuy said:

weird thing is all other programs are still working together its only this 1 game that somehow locks up my comps versatility Click to expand...

The game isn't the problem, ending Explorer.exe is. Explorer.exe is the user shell, which controls/displays the taskbar, desktop, and other user interface features.

What game are you having problems with? What is the issue you are experiencing? How did it change in compatibilty mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.993921/
Relevancy 36.98%

The past few weeks I have been getting an error on my computer that I have no idea how to fix Here s what happens I sign on to my user account and when I try to open a program say internet explorer a dialog box pops up The header of the box says quot Microsoft Visual C anyone problem.. weird me? help can Runtime can anyone help me? weird problem.. Library quot And the dialogue inside the box reads quot Run Time Error Program C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the applications support team for can anyone help me? weird problem.. more information quot So nothing opens and I eventually just restart my computer and then everything works It seems to happen when another user is still signed onto the computer hasn t completely logged off But like I said once the computer is restarted the programs open up I ve tried the Scan Disk virus scans Ad-Aware scans everything i could think of and nothing helps Does anybody have any suggestions here is my computer information Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack Hewlett-Packard Pavilion AMD Athlom tm Processor GHz MB of RAM Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

My first Weird Ram problem? post here I have a gateway laptop currently running and pent I am beginning a small upgrade which will include more ram and se My problem is that after installing a mb chip of ram on top of mb I only show mb after running Everest Home Edition Board is pc solo Weird Ram problem? new mb ram is pc I ran Everest to check the ram in a few configurations here are the results Both chips out of the computer mb mb chip pc only mb shouldn t this be mb chip pc only mb shouldn t this be Both chips mb and mb mb shouldn t this Weird Ram problem? be I was obviously expecting mb I know I am mixing pc and pc I assumed that at worst the pc would run at mhz but even with the mb that the pc comes with and the mb chip that was in it I still read mb Maybe I am doing something stupid I don t know does anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i have a weird problem. Every time I leave my computer. Go do something for an hour. Then come back:
1. The screen is off but the computer is on.
2. I turn on the screen and a message is on the screen that says
THE SYSTEM HAS RECOVERED FROM A SERIOUS ERROR

But I never, i mean never encounter this "error". Whenever I play games, or watch movies or just mess around I never get this error. It just happens when i leave for a while. Maybe it has something to do with sleep mode. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

A:Really Weird Problem

Hi mecoatwar !

Could be one of the devices that doesn't support standby or hibernate mode. Go to start => run and type eventvwr.msc. See if you can find traces of that error in one of the logs there (probably under applications or system), double-click the error, click once on the third button on the right then right-click => paste the info here.

Go to start => run and type devmgmt.msc, check that all devices are working fine. Make sure that you're using the latest drivers for your hardware (check on the manufacturer's website) and that you've installed all the latest critical updates from Windows update.

How much free space on drive c: ? How much ram do you have and what are your page file settings : what size and on which drives (right-click my computer => properties => advanced => settings under performances => advanced => change) ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/really-weird-problem-251225.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Weird Really Problem. C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows Really Weird Problem. system svchost exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Avast ashServ exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Avast ashWebSv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Windows System CTHELPER EXE C Windows System CTXFIHLP EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Itunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows System CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files LG Soft India forteManager bin Monitor exe C Sun SDK jdk bin javaw exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run VolPanel quot C Program Files Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Volume Panel VolPanlu exe quot r O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run CTxfiHlp CTXFIHLP ... Read more

A:Really Weird Problem.

Bump
-------------------------------- Malwarebytes scan below.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2829
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

9/20/2009 1:26:32 AM
mbam-log-2009-09-20 (01-26-32).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 96911
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{e24211b3-a78a-c6a9-d317-70979ace5058} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Cognac (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\XML (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Cognac (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\install.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/really-weird-problem.862288/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I'm new here and I'm not exactly sure if here is the right place to ask this but here I go I have games in which I am having problems with gt League of Legends - FPS starts out great fps when the game starts - Weird problem.. FPS fps when ally minions starts to fight the enemy minions - fps after - minutes Weird FPS problem.. - Less than fps when fights break out and fps when nothing is happening - I have tried turning ALL of my video settings to it's lowest gt Move or Die - This thing is just completely unstable - It has fps sometimes but most of the time the fps just hits - I have tried turning ALL of my video settings to it's lowest I tested other games if the problem occurred on any of them Modern Warfare - Black Ops Dynasty Warriors XL Samurai Warriors All in medium to high video settings but nope they all work just fine So I'm wondering is the problem from my graphics card some system faults poor configuration or something else maybe

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/48273-weird-fps-problem.html
Relevancy 36.98%

When i start my desktop (xp) everything is working well the first minute, and then i cant use my keyboard and mouse anymore. De mousepointer is moving, but there is not any responce on clicks, and the keyboards also stops working. I have already tried with a other mouse and keyboard, give the same problem.

Who can help me?

In order to better respond to your question or problem

We require more detailed and specific information

Please repost your request with:

Computer: Brand Name

Age of system:

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Peripheral devices

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, date of most recent AV signature file

For Video or Graphic problems

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, version #

For Network problems:

LAN card(s): Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install anything before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any &#8220;tune-up&#8221; utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

Any new programs or files that have recently appeared in your STARTUP menu or msconfig STARTUP listing

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.587967/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have had a number of phone to phone and face to face conversations about this to no avail I have a work computer that is not weird Really problem allowing me to upload disc formatted software I think it is linked to the fact that when I try to open any program it asks me what file do i want to use to open the file When I went to delete to try to reload some software it comes up with a notice that the add remove is not supported this also happens when I click on add hardware I rebooted and ran a diagnostic which resulted in nothing I booted up in Really weird problem the partition and it failed to launch I bought virus software called Kasperskey It would not allow me to up-load I booted it up and ran a scan through Kaspersky to no avail I am at a loss to figure out what is going on so if someone can give me some idea as to what is happening I would be much abliged

A:Really weird problem

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

What software are you trying to load onto the computer?

If this is a work computer then go speak to your IT department as there may be a lock on installing the software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/really-weird-problem-685103.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Well let me start off saying its not a virus etc im very aware of what im opening etc and downloading also scanned etc.

any way after a few days of pc being on for instance today day 4 while my pc is running i open adobe photo shop cs 2 9.0

it locks all my icons etc and would not let me open any other progs then when i closed adobe it worked.now im on 3 gig ram core 2 duo 2.6 3 hard drives 250 gigs each so cant be lack of memory etc.then i reopen photoshop it wouldnt let be bring up task manager now etc so i was forced to restart.what can cause this problem ive had this issue for a while now and not to sure if i should go ahead and format etc the pc runs great etc but after a while of being on it will start acting weird etc.

A:Weird pc problem help

I once had the same problem, eventually sorted it out, it was a missing dll file I used a free dll file checker from snap files sorted it out,
good luck this is the site www.webattack.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-pc-problem-help.70953/
Relevancy 36.98%

Possibly a virus Or is it a hardware problem I had Win on and my PC automaticaly minimized it opend windows re open them When I click on a file it opens it many times When I am typing soimething it automaticly enters So I could be on AIM and in the middle of a convo my mesages would be like h e y w h a t s This problem upsets me First I thought it was a virus because I been using pal talk a lot and I thought I got one through it I ran a scan and found nothing I even ran adaware and spyhunter for spy stuff and it found nothing I reinstalled and it didn t get fixed So then I formatted C and put XP on it The problem did not occure untill one day later I also scaned for viruses when I put XP on and nothing found So I thought it must be a hardware problem I thought hey it might be my keyboard it has been ghay lately I unlplugged it and the problem still exsited I did the same for the mouse and I got the same result So im thinking its something else What is the problem Anyone had this How do I fix P CPU Ram nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

my system: 2ghz celeron, 1gb pc133 ram, 120gb hd, ide1: hard drive1 and 2. ide2: benq dvd burner and 52x generic cd-rom. xp pro. ok, heres the prob: after I put a cd in either of the cd rom drives and remove it, the cd rom still "sees" the first disc when I put in a second disc. I could put in a photo disc, take it out and put in a video disc, and the cd rom still shows the photo disc and all the photos but it cant access the photos themselves. I have tried right clicking and "refreshing", closing explorer and reopening it, but nothing works except restarting the system. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/weird-cd-rom-problem-12638.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I sure hope you can help me I am using an HP laptop gighz The problem I am having is that it boots up just find I put in the password and the desktop comes up I can Problem Weird open anything I want once Then nothing will open ctrl alt delet doesn t work run will not open the control panel will not open and I can click on start shut down and it looks like it is going to work but then nothing It will not even shut down I ran a virus program earlier and it had several trojans Weird Problem in some of the windows system files which I deleted hope that wasn t what did it It acts like it is going to open anything I click on the hour glass appears and then it just goes away without doing anything I have to hold down the power button to shut it off Any help you can give me would be appreciated nbsp

Try to boot in safe mode and see if you can open your programs. You should post your system specs here so we know what we are dealing with. Also have a look by the time in the bottom left corner, are there a lot of icons there? Run msconfig and disable any unecessary programs that may be starting. If you are getting any eror messages please post them here as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.580775/
Relevancy 36.98%

Problem My friend s computer has a problem Theres this thing that pops up when i open windows xp saying some error hash thing theres pop ups Fash exe - bad image the application or DLL C WINDOWS System ndsrch dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette and the application or DLL C WINDOWS System idleui dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette it happens as soon as the computer is started after he logs in I had him run Hijack and this is what came up Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Weird Help, Problem XP WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS acsd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c Help, Weird XP Problem PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Common Files slmss slmss exe C WINDOWS mwsvm exe C Program Files Ares ares exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS FSScrCtl exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Documents and Settings Dakine Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www sqwire com homepage php aid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www seekseek com quicksearch asp session E E - DF - B -A C- F amp version id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - C Program Files TV Media TvmBho dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO no name - B AA -DAF - -BD D- F BCB E - c program files mcafee com mps mcbrhlpr dll O - BHO DefaultSearch SeekSeek - C-F A- E-A C -C F - C WINDOWS ieasst dll O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO no name - E F - FFB- -A -EA BC - C Program Files TV Media TvmBho dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - E D A- - d d- - DE A B - no file O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agen... Read more

A:Help, Weird XP Problem

He has an AdwarePortal.Scan

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [slmss] C:\Program Files\Common Files\slmss\slmss.exe

Fix that and check HERE about HiJackThis.
Check HERE for fix action.

After post new HJT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-weird-xp-problem.226337/
Relevancy 36.98%

have a weird problem with my usb some devices run just fine but others do not e g problems my printer hp sometimes does not work properly gt sometimes it prints half the doc and then just stops no response i try to turn it off but no good pc usb weird on problem my has to restart my pc weird usb problem on my pc gt sometimes when i print there s the print queue window appearing and on the title of the windows it s written quot printer offline quot then quot printer online quot then quot printer offline quot and this goes on like this has to restart my pc again now i also get problem with other usb device like last time i tried the usb cable DU- to connect my sony eriksson with my pc i has same prob as my second printer problem it says quot connected quot and then quot disconnected quot and this goes on like this and now it does not detect my phone at all solutions i tried gt uninstall all usb hub and usb host controller and then let windows re-install all on my mobo manual it tells me to use win xp sp tp install my usb and that s what i do but i used sp gt on my bios tried usb legacy mode enabled auto and disabled gt tried usb speed quot hispeed quot and quot full speed quot nothing is detected with this option only my modem and mouse which are already connected nothing worked only my flash drives mouse and modem works on usb properly however modem was a bit buggy too sometime ago but now it s fine mouse sometimes have problems the cursor become static but there s like another invisible cursor i e i can click on icons etc but the cursor is static sometimes change to processing help needed plz sorry for the lengthy problem definition my pc specs mobo asus p b -x usb usb entries in front and at the back OS win xp SP Ram mb DDR HDD gb gb HDD HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME nbsp

A:weird usb problem on my pc

Re install your driver and search for updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-usb-problem-on-my-pc.58801/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi
Just lately I have been having problems, some times when I try to go to a website I get the error cannot connect. I keep trying to refresh and sometimes I see the site come up for barely 1 sec then connection problem again.
Other wierd things are like when I clicked to confirm my registration here i got this below showing on the page?
\ks60;R';$ٛrQ$$qLZ>d+iHĩzDl4F> qsʦa7//Ĺ O/W^&shy;oڞk8~Qc4 P}hV=?DN/0f -&shy;E3 zd{{{mYӜטc]>7,`1=F^hܐaOs=۵sAczܞخF dp9wC3wq{]v{z/<Jw- 4vX|8_9umpX9r&shy;f{7wW/wu,xg(~V^WiPeZ&shy;ۍe9yJ6Cn%

how patient do i have to be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-problem.773588/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just ran in to a weird problem with my computer (clone 3MHz, 400gig HD): it dont connected to internet through router (Linksys BFRS41) or any other router, the only way it connected is direct throught DSL modem, I uninstalled Google earth is my last prog installed and still no help, anyone out there got any idea? Thanks in advance ... PN