Windows Support Forum

Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Q: Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

I am receiving numerous blue screens do death. 10 is not stable for more than 5 minutes once it boots up. I upgraded from 8 and have no USB boot stick. Can Acer community help me? Will Microsoft help me? I have posted in ten forum for possible help with windows 10 experts (not Microsoft). I have detailed error messages and even test results for memory, disk and drivers. Very frustrating to have trusted the upgrade and now be completely unstable. Just looking for next suggestion. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Which Win10 version do you have and on what Acer ? (Both should be listed in MSINFO32.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/412424/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 91.14%

My acer Aspire V - has been intermittently losing WiFi for past days since Windows upgrade from Windows Home Premium The Aspire has Atheros wireless network adapter AR BWB Wed nbsp So far I have In the Atheros AR BWB Wireless Network Adapter Properties I nbsp unchecked the box in the Property Management tab which read Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power nbsp b Made sure airplane mode was in off position c Forget exactly where I did this but made sure settings in another location Windows Intermittent WiFi issue upgra... 10 following were set at Maximum Performance Checked that firmware is up to date on my network router with security set to WPA -PSK AES Searched through many forums to read responses of folks upgrading Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... to Windows with WiFi issues--seems this is widespread problem though no one has said WiFi signal loss was intermittent as is my laptop's Internet hits for my searches also show WiFi issues occurred in the past for installs of Windows So Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... far have not come across mentions of WiFi issues for past installs of Windows While exploring my laptop I came across a page of Microsoft Updates--SEE ATTACHED I was surprised to note that these updates are released quite frequently over the course of a day For example separate updates between PM and PM on Aug and separate updates between AM and PM on Aug nbsp Am including part of the record of updates for August and August I am aware that Microsoft uses my WiFi to AUTOMATICALLY download updates Is it possible that this intermittent nbsp download of updates cause the intermittent nbsp interruptions of the WiFi This afternoon when the WiFi was not working for Windows I reinstalled as a dual boot Ubuntu I had no difficulty connecting to WiFi from Ubuntu Have not yet I have not yet tried connecting the laptop via Ethernet cable to my router during one of these WiFi outages My ISP is a VOIP Internet setup using one Westell and one Cisco router I have not considered if they might be a cause of the problem I read on one forum that someone fixed their WiFi connection issue by changing their router security setting to include TKIP nbsp NOTE I may need to put attachment of screen grab of Windows updates in a separate email reply to this post as this post is not accepting the attachment Would appreciate any comments or suggestions Thanks in advance I shall likely also put this out on a Windows forum elsewhere nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Hi!FYI, this worked for me, finally a solution!Strangest thing--I uninstalled the Atheros driver. Did NOT reinstall it. After I uninstalled Atheros driver, a right screen Windows 10 style panel immediately appeared--either on notifications panel or in WiFi settings page, was sleepy, don't remember which--containing a labeled entry box for my wifi password. I entered the password and boom, the wifi worked. It's been working since.Again thanks. Will mark solved.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/373678
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello guys I am having some issues with my internet lately I am using an quot ARRIS SURFboard SBG Docsis Cable Modem and Wi-Fi N Router quot My laptop is a Dell Studio and running Windows Issue While being connected to the internet network via wifi I get quot no internet access quot after browsing the internet for - minutes I get the quot wifi yellow caution quot icon Thereafter I disconnect from my network and then reconnect to the same network Instantly I get wifi access when I reconnect This keeps on happening at first every - minutes after a while it happens every - minutes I also connected to this internet Wifi network with my HP Elitebook laptop running Issue Intermittent : Wifi connectivity internet Windows I get quot no internet Wifi Issue : Intermittent internet connectivity access quot as well Wifi Issue : Intermittent internet connectivity on this laptop after initial minute use Then I have to disconnect and reconnect the network Wifi starts working instantly Interestingly the Dell and HP never simultaneously go on quot no internet access quot On my cell phone running android I very rarely see any drop in wifi while connected to this network To test if my Laptop wireless card was functioning properly I connected it to my cell phone hotspot different network for hours Absolutely no drop in connectivity My suspicion is that there is something going on with my Modem Router settings Can someone please help me with this

A:Wifi Issue : Intermittent internet connectivity

So far I have tried :

1) Restarting the Modem/Router.

2) Clearing DNS cache by flushDNS command

3) Assigning a static IP using this

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129046-wifi-issue-intermittent-internet-connectivity.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, Please can anyone provide any suggestions? I am having the same problems... Communication says "Connection between access point, router, or cable modem and internet is broken" and another message says "network gateway is accessible but Windows couldn't receive network traffic from internet." Other devices are still able to connect to wireless networkI can see available connectionsRouter has been resetI am unsure as to what automatic updates may have occurred, not being infront of laptop right now. Advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you.

A:Re: HP Pavillion unable to get wifi after an automatic upgra...

Hallo Karrinjerzy Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information. and provide me what Wifi card you have?Could you please inform me what wireless card you have in your computer?This can be found under device manager.Right click on the windows icon in lower left cornorPress on device manager.Find a card with WIFI adapter or something with 802.11 in it. Thanks.

ZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Re-HP-Pavillion-unable-to-get-wifi-after-an-automatic/td-p/5618040
Relevancy 65.79%

Is it possible to upgrade wifi single band card originally installed on my laptop to dual band for picking up 5G. If YES, what the model?Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-DV6t-6c00-dual-band-Bluetooth-wifi-card-upgrade/td-p/5789032
Relevancy 61.92%

Just recently had an issue with intermittent conectivity to my WIFI router with my Dell XPS Laptop Windows OS Started right after some Windows updates I reverted back and restored to previous settings and the problem would go away Laptop / Dell Windows WIFI Intermittent / 7 for a day - Intermittent WIFI / Windows 7 / Dell Laptop and then start up again Would not even connect to the router and give local connectivity other laptops iphones and ipads had no problems connecting at all I was out of ideas While searching I came accross this post on Techguy org Thread is now closed but I wanted to reach out to the Kazanov and let them know I found out the problem and made some changes to the WIFI router that apparantly has fixed the problem weeks running with no issues I will post original post at the end of this post To fix the problem I changed the CHANNEL on the WIFI router FROM AUTO TO Channel A friend worked on a military base and managed over wifi connections and he said that many times for a reason unknown to either of us some laptops would not connect to channel or Intermittent WIFI / Windows 7 / Dell Laptop and these are the default channels for a WIFI router set to AUTO Just wanted to come back and post the solution to the post below And if the Administrator can open the old thread back up and update it so Kasanov knows the solution that would be great Here is the original post by Kasanov which is the exact same problem computer OS as I have Kasanov Wrote Intermittent WiFi connection I have a dell desktop with Windows One day wifi started working intermittent I connect to my signal then after - minutes it disconnects Two scenarios The icon tray signals all is well Yet no connection When I double click at the wireless dash board it say no internet connection The icon tray signals an exclamation mark quot limited access quot Then it takes several attempts to reconnect and about - minutes minutes later it reconnects for just - minutes again I am able to connect to my Linksys router from other computers in my home even while i am having problems with that one computer I even tried the wireless adapter with other computers and it seems the problem is not with the adapter I checked for channels interference and it seems there is no conflict I am out of ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-wifi-windows-7-dell-laptop.1036519/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello Please help I am extremely frustrated Problem Internet wifi is extremely slow for weeks on end Background and specifics of problem I purchased a Lenovo k B this fall It came with windows installed For the or so weeks using windows never encountered any issues with internet Upgraded to windows at official release upgrade went fine Internet worked as usual for first couple of weeks Out of the blue internet started acting up Very slow speeds Two other computers 8, help issues,super wifi intermittent Windows frustrated with windows connected to the same router continued to work perfectly Researched and researched without results then suddenly internet started working again Weird Fast forward a month or so and boom Windows 8, intermittent wifi issues,super frustrated help internet starts acting up again Internet unbearably slow Takes minutes Windows 8, intermittent wifi issues,super frustrated help to load google news etc Can't find a solution After hours of trying random fixes turn off live updates which in my mind should not be causing the problem and it seems to start working again Everything is working well again for about a month Fast forward - weeks until yesterday and boom Internet not working correctly again No clue Things to keep in mind My other two windows laptops never have had any issues even when the windows machine is not functioning properly The wireless drivers are up to date I switched anti-virus between first and second occurrences so it isn't my AV causing problems Wireless signal strength is strong Network resource monitor shows no unusual network activity Restarting computer power cycling modem router do nothing slow from startup This problem exists with all browsers Also once in a while if a page is just sitting there trying to load if I stop and reload it the page will load quick But this only happens a small percentage of the time most times if I stop and reload it just tries to reload and doesn't load or does so very slowly Please help Computer literacy Medium Computer Lenovo IdeaCentre K B - AU Wireless Realtek RTL CE Router Netgear wpn v I really don't think the router is part of the problem Sincerely thank you in advance for any help

A:Windows 8, intermittent wifi issues,super frustrated help

The A/V's are still causing the problem, remove them both using the special uninstall tool for which ever A/V you have installed.

There were three other Lenovo users here with the same problems this week.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/18645-windows-8-intermittent-wifi-issues-super-frustrated-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

My son recently got a new Samsung ATIV Book 4 laptop and it will continuously go from being "connected" to our wifi, to "limited." It works just fine while plugged in with ethernet cable.

I have tried unplugging and replugging in the router. It works for a while then goes to limited again. I looked this problem up through search engines and someone talked about a static IP address but I don't know our router login/password.

I also saw someone talk about wireless networks in the neighborhood that may be broadcasting on the same channel but there wasn't any info on how to check/change that.

I hope someone can help. There's nothing like getting a brand new toy that won't work right.

TIA,
myjunoli

A:Intermittent WiFi Connection on Brand New Laptop w/ Windows 8

After posting this I searched again and found a video that explained how to change the power management under configure under properties of the wifi connection that was showing limited connection (again). By unchecking the box that allows the computer to turn off the access point, the computer now leaves that function alone. But in order for it to work I needed to restart the computer (I know, an easy step that I totally forgot to do).

But it still doesn't work!!

So frustrating!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507361/intermittent-wifi-connection-on-brand-new-laptop-w-windows-8/
Relevancy 59.34%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 56.33%

nbsp I bought a GB Sandisk SSD the correct type for my Pavilion x Notebook and want to replace the current GB HP SSD in my machine nbsp After considering the cloning option which would mean getting cloning software and an adapter to migrate the image to the new SSD I have determined that probably the better approach is to install Windows on the new SSD after I have installed it nbsp Can anyone provide guidance nbsp Pavilion x2 SSD (upgra... with on How to Windows new 10 install Suggestions nbsp For instance when I check the boot sequence which I assume I would have to set How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... to USB nbsp I don't see a clear option just one How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... for a USK Key or device nbsp I would want it to boot from the USB in which I would connect a Windows install nbsp Notwithstanding the Key activation issues I would appreciate some insight into how I can accomplish this nbsp I like this Pavilion x but the GB SSD really is How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... too small nbsp Polenta

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-install-Windows-10-on-Pavilion-x2-with-new-SSD/td-p/5763785
Relevancy 55.47%

Brand new E51-80 with Win7 - couldn't upgrade to Win10, got stuck at 'searching for updates'.Tried the same in Win7 with same result, just got stuck in 'searching for updates'.  Tried several solutions i Googled - no success. Then i uninstalled the 'bloatware' McAfee installation, and everything worked again!!  Just to help others that also run into this issue. /Henrik - Denmark

/Henrik - DenmarkX220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E51-80-Windows-update-stuck-same-for-Win10-upgrade/td-p/3476152
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the after Windows 10 driver upgra... Aspire upgrade 5750G upgrade and I couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... of the drivers etc were compatible with windows Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have after Windows upgra... upgrade driver 10 Aspire 5750G an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the upgrade and I Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all of the drivers etc were compatible with windows After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

A:Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra...

A perhaps more relevant question right now is if you want to stay with the unintentional Win10 installation or go back to your original factory-installed Windows 7 version? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246
Relevancy 55.04%

My HP desktop PC, Envy 700-220ef, upgraded itself to Windows 10 a few days ago, without my blessing. Since them, at startup time it goes directly from the BIOS/POST screen to the Windows blue logo, so I get no chance, as I did before with Windows 8.1, to see the UEFI menu and select from it the operating system or boot source I want. How can I get the UEFI menu back ? Thanks.  

A:How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

@jpmarinier?, welcome to the forum. You should right click on the Start button in the lower left corner: select Command Prompt (Admin) / at the Prompt copy and paste this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes / it will tell you that the command has been completed successfully / type Exit and reboot.  I did this and it gave me the Bootmgr screen. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-get-UEFI-boot-menu-to-show-up-after-windows-10/td-p/5683923
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently upgraded to Windows and since then I have been receiving the following Windows message started upgra... Driver error Graphics 10 after message while playing a game Display driver Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows R stopped responding and has Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra... successfully recovered nbsp nbsp I checked my graphics driver and it said it was up-to-date nbsp I have tried installling the latest drivers for my notebook model as per the HP drivers page the December version installed with no problem but did not fix the issue nbsp An error message pops up when I try to install the March and April versions of the graphics drivers stating that they are not compatible with my computer nbsp I have also tried both the HP and Intel Driver update utilities and was told that my drivers are up-to-date nbsp However when I look at the properties for my Intel R HD Graphics Family in Device Manager I notice that the information on the Events tab states Device PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS E C amp REV B amp amp amp requires further installation nbsp I am not sure what needs updating on my computer or if this driver is incompatible with Windows and there is not yet an upgrade nbsp Any advice or guidance would be appreciated nbsp My computer model is the HP Pavilion -p ca Notebook PC ENERGY STAR model G U UA ABL and the graphics driver is version

A:Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra...

Hi @Gneiss, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 15-p050ca Notebook and a error message Display drive Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I would uninstall all that are listed in the Device Manager. Click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time. Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. It should automatically update with a new Driver and software. If you need to update the Display Adapters. I would follow the method of right clicking on them in the Device Manager only. This will update the drivers on your system to work with Windows 10. Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.   Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-Driver-error-message-started-after-Windows-10/td-p/5601140
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I'm having trouble upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.  The installation (manual and automatic) fails due to the incompatibility of ProtectTools Security Manager (according to Microsoft). This is also described in a document I found on the HP website: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5212912&docId=emr_na-c04734799&docLocale... .Before I can uninstall ProtectTools, I need to unistall other HP tools, like Device Access Manager,... And there lies my problem: how do I uninstall Device Access manager? It's not listed under 'Programs and features'. I tried uninstall tools like CCleaner and Revo Unistaller, but they can't find it either. I have installed the latest version of ProtectTools, via the SoftPaq Download Manager and disabled all features in ProtectTools, as far as I can tell. How do I uninstall the ProtectTools suite? Best regards,Wim.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ProtectTools Device Access Manager blocking Windows 10 upgra...

I found a way to remove it, on this website: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Device-Access-Manager-for-HP-ProtectTools-9553-program.aspx Run: MsiExec.exe /X{55B52830-024A-443E-AF61-61E1E71AFA1B} That fixed it for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProtectTools-Device-Access-Manager-blocking-Windows-10/td-p/5178084
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I keep losing the ability to connect to websites, although the signal icon in the bottom right always look strong and connected.I was with the HP tech support yesterday and they downloaded the new dirvers and BIOS, but the issue is still there.My old Laptop was in the exact same location and there was sno such issue, also my mobile phone also works great from the same location on WiFi only mode.The connection on my new Laptop does work great for about an hour or so but then the websites just dont load and I get the no connection screen on my browser.Also if I click my WiFi icon in the botttom right and then diconnect then reconnect, it resolves the issue for a while but then it comes back again.Can anyone help?Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intermittent-WiFi/td-p/5637877
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a dell desktop with Windows 7. One day wifi started working intermittent. I connect to my signal, then after 2-3 minutes it disconnects. Two scenarios:
1. The icon tray signals all is well. Yet no connection. When I double click at the wireless dash board, it say no internet connection
2. The icon tray signals an exclamation mark "limited access"

Then it takes several attempts to reconnect and about 3-4 minutes minutes later it reconnects...for just 2-3 minutes again.

I am able to connect to my Linksys router from other computers in my home even while i am having problems with that one computer.

I even tried the wireless adapter with other computers and it seems the problem is not with the adapter.
I checked for channels interference and it seems there is no conflict.
I am out of ideas.

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a wifi connection at home running my laptop, 2 other laptops and numerous phones. They all work perfectly except my laptop. The connection is set to automatically connect. When I close my laptop, sleep, or turn it off it never reconnects automatically when I turn it on again. It will not reconnect if I try to connect manually. I have to go thru all sorts of methods, reset network adapter, forget the connection and reconfigure it or just keep on connecting manually until it randomly connects again. There is no set procedure that works every time.

I have no trouble connecting to any other wifi with this laptop. All other devices connect first time every time to this wifi connection.

Any help will be gratefully received.

A:Intermittent wifi fault

Nothing comes to mind except the tried and true trick of deleting the driver for the device in Device Manager. Then reboot. Windows will install the same driver. I'm not sure why this works. But it seems to have a good success rate in these types of situations.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67910-intermittent-wifi-fault.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have Comcast cable with an average download speed of MB s Netgear Wireless-N router with updated firmware WPA -PSK AES security with passphrase Desktop with a LAN wired connection works fine Tablets and smartphones connected through wifi work fine A new Samsung laptop with Intel Centrino Advanced-N is having connection problems Most of the time it takes a long time to make a connection to new webpages Chrome quot sending request quot Sometimes says web site is not available and we have to refresh After minutes of trying to load different web pages all of a sudden everything works fine but doesn t last long Often times the Wifi is quot unavailable quot according to the systems tray icon I tried pinging a few sites in the command window most of them timed out I tried setting the DNS servers to Google s public servers but that does not work I ve attached an ipconfig all screenshot Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I had the same problem and I was just trying some of your solutions, but when I went into ipconfig no number comes up beside default Gateway

A:Intermittent WiFi connection

Hi MissyMecano,
Welcome to TSG

I have moved your post into a thread of its own, it gets confusing answering two peoples question in one post

SO - you have an Intermittent Wireless Connection - that was the title of the post you replied to - so is that the case
can we have some more detail

- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- Make and Exact model of all PCs and Laptops
- How are the PCs / Laptops connected - full details - cable, wireless
- What windows version or other OS are running on each laptop Xp, Vista, 7, ubuntu etc
- Are there any other machines working - if so please provide details
- Most laptops have a wireless switch - some a physical switch other use a combination of the FN key + one of the F key to toggle on/off - make sure this is on
- Post back the status of all the modem and/or router lights - are they correct ?

Then post an ipconfig /all - lets see where the missing gateway is - it could well be a firewall blocking access
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have or have you ever had on the PC?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-wifi-connection.966068/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop keeps failing to be able to detect internet for days at a time and then it randomly resolves. However, this is getting very annoying and has interferred with my ability to submit university coursework. Is there anything I can do to fix this? It has been happening since I bought the product 3 years ago and times inbetween incidences has become shorter and shorter. 

A:Intermittent inability to detect wifi

Hi @NMF, Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.  What is your specific model of HP 15 notebook you have?   HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I understand your notebook is unable to detect your wireless network for days at a time and suddenly it resolves the issue and connects.  You have experienced this issue since you purchased the notebook, but now it happens more frequently.  This is hampering your ability to submit your university course work. Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring HP  updates? Here is a link to  HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) that may help. Please let me know the outcome. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this helps resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts, click the "Thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intermittent-inability-to-detect-wifi/td-p/5594094
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Pavilion Dv Notebook yes kinda old about years PC and running Windows Ok so my laptop has gradually developed intermittent wifi connection issues to my home network My tablet and phone have no issues connecting to my wifi Often it won't connect or when it does it's like dial up and super choked Here's what I've tried taken it to other locations and it connects no problem to other wifi networks run iolo system mechanic to look for viruses clear upgraded from windows to got a new internet modem from my isp set up a new network on my wifi router airport extreme tried a new wifi router uninstalled McAfee and now using Windows Defender instead I seem to get some success when I hard wire it in to the network surf for a bit then shut down laptop and reset my modem router and I can get wifi to work for an evening Usually by the next morning it's not working again I really don't want to get a new computer help me thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/intermittent-wifi-connectivity-issues/td-p/5751015
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Experiencing intermittent problem with access to home wifi for one PC win in the house other PC s access internet OK via same wifi Dell Studio one - details below - of time will connect if we reset router or re-start PC or try again the next day Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michael gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Michael-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - B-D -DB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f d bd dde Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday July AM Lease Expires Wednesday August PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -CC- - E- - -E - -D -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom NetLink TM Fast Ethernet Physical Address - -E - -D -A DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FC B B- - DCA-B B - A BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Internet Intermittent to access WiFi Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E Intermittent WiFi access to Internet DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address Intermittent WiFi access to Internet - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e f fdfb Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f fdfb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Intermittent WiFi access to Internet

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Dell's web site.

Make sure you have the latest router firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-wifi-access-to-internet.1008855/
Relevancy 52.89%

For a while now my HP Notebook laptop has consistently had intermittent wifi and I have not been able to diagnose the source nbsp For Wifi Intermittent/Slow HP on notebook instance I thought at one point it may have been something to do with a wifi extender I had but no nbsp I am using Windows Pro bit nbsp I am using a virgin media router with speeds up to MB s nbsp I can get over MB s on my phone using www speedtest net but testing my laptop straight after in the same place with no other bandwidth loads gives me way less than MB s and often below MB s nbsp And then occassionally I can get respectable speeds over MB s and I think I've done something to fix it but it quickly reduces again nbsp I have noticed that it might be worse but not the whole issue when I've got my laptop plugged in nbsp Is that plausible nbsp It is very frustrating I have an up to date Ralink RT bgn wifi adapter and I've Intermittent/Slow Wifi on HP notebook tried cleaning up my laptop to try and help but Intermittent/Slow Wifi on HP notebook nothing has worked nbsp If anyone can help that would be great thanks

A:Intermittent/Slow Wifi on HP notebook

Hello. Are you using this driver, sp71571.exe? If this driver has no fix then you may have to use ethernet connection. The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intermittent-Slow-Wifi-on-HP-notebook/td-p/5833566
Relevancy 52.89%

i have a sneaking suspicion that i'm inadvertently causing a function action to shut off wireless. i'm in tablet mode so not sure. any ideas?
-
System

-
Provider

[ Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client

[ Guid]
{15A7A4F8-0072-4EAB-ABAD-F98A4D666AED}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x4000000000000001

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2013-01-11T04:37:50.535301200Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client/Admin

Computer
samsung-tablet

-
Security

[ UserID]
S-1-5-19

-
EventData

HWLength

HWAddress
C8F73346C86F

StatusCode

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17718-intermittent-wifi-network-connectivity.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello nbsp I m seeing a bizarre effect with the wifi on my ProBook G running on Win The notebook intermittently loses the wifi connection wifi of loss connection Intermittent and is then not able to reconnect anymore When the connection gets lost and I try to reconnect I m getting the message some settings have changed since the last connection Please enter your wifi passcode When I enter the passcode it then returns a message Connection not possible I then have to hook up the notebook via ethernet cable to the router and while it is connected via cable I can Intermittent loss of wifi connection re-establish the wifi connection obviously without re-entering the passcode as it has never changed Sometimes the connection gets lost every - min and sometimes it is running stable for hours The wifi driver is up to date Other devices connected to that router do not show this effect I wasn t able Intermittent loss of wifi connection to test the ProBook on a different wifi network so far nbsp Any thoughts nbsp I have another issue with that ProBook I do not think this is related to this problem however you never know http h www hp com t Business-Notebooks Intermittent- -disk-active-time-with- kB-s-read-wr nbsp Thanks Martin

A:Intermittent loss of wifi connection

you do not mention which version of drivers you are using, nor the BIOS. I would encourage you to install and run SDM (Softpaq Download Manager - www.hp.com/go/sdm) to see what it says about drivers available to be updated and/or BIOS. SDM can then install them for you. BIOS must be installed by itself. It is always possible that a Wifi driver might have issues with new hardware but initial troubleshooting needs to be done When running SDM, only install drivers and/or BIOS. Any other software should be updated ONLY if you are using any of it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Intermittent-loss-of-wifi-connection/td-p/5582927
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a desktop and a laptop both Windows Home bit using Internet Explorer The desktop is Ethernet connection the laptop is wifi the DSL router is wifi provided by AT amp t I really don't recall seeing the problem with the desktop and I get it a lot with the laptop But I don't use the desktop nearly as much The problem a to connection from laptop intermittent wifi router lot of times connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent I will open IE and click on one of it's news articles or something I want to see and it will not connect to the article or web site I get a connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent notice such as quot The Wire HG-B gateway does not currently detect a DSL signal quot When I look at the lower taskbar where it shows wifi connections it shows my 'handle' and says 'connected' I'll have to close the browser try to open it again and after a bit I can usually get it to connect but it sure is annoying Occasionally connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent I will right click and then click to open it in another tab and sometimes I can get it to open But it seems like I have to keep fighting the connection issues I have rebooted the router several times it keeps happening I'm running McAfee on the desktop Microsoft Security on the laptop This has been going on for months I'm finally getting tired of it --any ideas to help is appreciated I'm not that experienced with computers so it could be something simple and I just don't know about it But any help is appreciated

A:connection to wifi router from laptop intermittent

If possible I would connect the Laptop with an Ethernet cable and see if the problem continues. This will eliminate the Wi-Fi as a problem. From the error message it sounds like a DSL problem with you ISP

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/313938-connection-wifi-router-laptop-intermittent.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been having a problem with intermittent Wifi Sometimes disconnecting from the nbsp the network other times just internet unavailable Most of the time it's Blutooth WiFi. slow SOLUTION: / Disable Intermittent kind of s on s off so it manifests itself as Intermittent / slow WiFi. SOLUTION: Disable Blutooth just being really slow Sometimes it's more like min off nbsp When it gets slow I've been testing Intermittent / slow WiFi. SOLUTION: Disable Blutooth this with pinging google and get a timed out error in the middle of some good pings My phone and iPad and housemates are fine and I get this problem when I take me laptop elsewhere so I know it's my laptop nbsp I've tried updating the driver software for the wireless no difference Turned off all antivirus and firewall no difference So I came here nbsp After fishing around I finally got a suggestion from the official HP pages turn off Bluetooth nbsp So far so good no problems at all so I think it's solved the issue My question is now How can I enable Bluetooth and WiFi In my mind disabling bluetooth isn't actually a solution it's just a workaround I like everyone else in the st century use WiFi as my standard method of connecting to the internet so if I can't use it with Bluetooth I may as well not have Bluetooth Is there a patch for it If there is why is there no mention of this on the HP support page where they suggest turning it off I've just updated the Bluetooth driver software lets see if that helps

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Intermittent-slow-WiFi-SOLUTION-Disable-Blutooth/td-p/5825932
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I'm having a ton of trouble with a W Home Premium bit laptop As per the title the wifi connection on this machine on my home network is spotty at best Frequently loses internet connection and is generally very slow even in the room that the router is in This is load can't web Issues Connection WiFi - Intermittent pages the only device on the network that has problems and is the only one running Windows too one OSX Intermittent WiFi Connection Issues - can't load web pages device two iOS and one Android with no wifi issues This laptop only uses the GHz spectrum though a GHz is available This is a cable connection through Charter - Mbps Intermittent WiFi Connection Issues - can't load web pages down Mbps up The router is new to the network day - a TP-LINK WDR- It replaces a WDR- that was RMA'd and in the interim I put up an old Linksys WNR v I had laying around and that worked just fine The modem is whatever Charter gave me a basic Arris of some kind The laptop in question is using Windows Firewall Microsoft Security Essentials I've made a few changes to the network sending all of the GHz traffic to channel in order to avoid interference from a baby monitor and other nearby wireless networks I am not broadcasting the SSID on the GHz band but otherwise have not made any changes to the network Because the other devices on the network don't seem to have problems I have tried the diagnose utility for the network on this laptop and it will always restart the laptop's Atheros wireless network adapter and say that the issues have been fixed Here is my ipconfig file information Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Angelle gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Angelle-VAIO Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address A - B-F -C -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR WB-EG Wireless Network Adap ter Physical Address - B-F -C -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d c b f f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - C- -F -ED-B - -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -F -ED-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - B-F -C -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap E -E - -BC B-A C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BED E - E - CE -ABCD- E D CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDA -D D- - F - D C DE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D B B -F - EE- F-A C A AC Media State Media... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/383995-intermittent-wifi-connection-issues-cant-load-web-pages.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys Posting this for my brother who s laptop I have at the moment trying to fix his wifi but I m completely stuck so I thought I d finally sign Laptop Intermittent Toshiba Problems Wifi Sudden up here He has a Toshiba Satellite a - m on windows vista home Toshiba Laptop Sudden Intermittent Wifi Problems edition His laptop has suddenly stopped connecting to the internet through wifi at his house but can connect perfectly well through ethernet It can connect to the wifi itself but constantly just says limited connectivity So I tried the usual fixes checked his hardware drivers removed all wireless networks and tried reconnecting it and then I even tried a TCP IP Stack repair but no luck Oddly enough it connected fine for a few hours the other day but that seemed like an odd blip I know the wifi works fine as I m running my laptop through it fine and have used all of my old windows based laptops through that connection on multiple occasions There is no firewall turned on the router and the security settings are pretty standard so it must be a connection issue on his laptops end Anyway here is the relevant IPConfig from his laptop Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel lt R gt WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- - -E -E DHCP Enabled Yes Auto configuration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc c e c lt preffered gt Auto configuration IPv Address lt Preffered gt Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DVID - - - - - E-E - - - - - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled The only other thing I can think is that he runs a Hamachi network through his laptop and maybe that is interfering with his Wifi internet connection Any help would be greatly appreciated guys nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have spent close to two weeks trying to assess and resolve issues on the network at home High latency and packet loss will be experienced intermittently And I ve discovered that the latency and packet loss actually originates at the WiFi Packet (WiFi) @Router Intermittent Loss/Latency level of the network I ve discovered this by monitoring my connection to various servers with PingPlotter a program that basically logs and graphs tracert data Whenever the issues are experienced they becomes visible at the first hop at the wireless router These issues become quite notable when Intermittent Packet Loss/Latency @Router (WiFi) gaming online though not restricted to this and are present on all devices connected to the network though not always simultaneously A TB Apple Time Capsule is servicing our network I ve set it to Intermittent Packet Loss/Latency @Router (WiFi) run wireless on channel GHz and automatic Ghz and all wireless clients are running at n I ve used a WiFi utility program called inSSIDer to check signals interference etc No other network in the area interferes with our network and signal strength runs at high strength across the house Simply put signal strength and interference do not seem to be likely causes of the issues at hand I really don t know enough about higher level wireless network concepts to figure out what s going on All I know is that the signal appears strong channel interference is next to non-existence the router is fairly new and runs strong normally However issues appear at times most notable when gaming online And based on the information I m getting these issues exist primarily on the WiFi level as packet loss and latency first display themselves in the Client gt Wireless Router level Don t know if it matters since the issues exist on the WiFi level but my ISP is TimeWarner Cable RoadRunner and my modem is an Arris TM G Additionally total client count on the wireless network can range from - though issues have existed most recently with only a client count of Here is an example of what I experience as recorded by PingPlotter this occured while playing DotA with two clients on our network connected to the same server notice eat valve net is the server that hosted the game notice that this issue occurred during a game session but the time surrounding the game session appears with no issue I would be happy to provide more information if needed I do hope somebody out there can offer ideas or clues as to what might be going on Thank you for your time and help For convenience I ve listed details of possible importance below ISP Time Warner Cable RoadRunner Modem Arris TM G Wireless Basestation Apple TB Time Capsule No other Access Points DHCP server solely held by Time Capsule Wireless Channel GHz Automatic GHz Radio Mode Automatic a-n Wireless Security WPA Personal Client Standard n Client Count - any given time nbsp

A:Intermittent Packet Loss/Latency @Router (WiFi)

Are you able to bypass the router to go direct to the modem for testing?

Also can you do the ping test and trace route in the command line?

ping -n 20 google.com
tracert google.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-packet-loss-latency-router-wifi.1124052/
Relevancy 51.6%

Pc info
Version: 1511
Processor: AMD A-105750M APU with Radeon
64 bit
------
This morning I logged on to my computerand noticed my wifi was not working. It says that the wifi is connected but there is no internet access. I have spent 3 hours scouring threads and watching videos on my phone to try to fix this to no avail. I have tried reverting back to windows 8.1 but it will not let me. For the love of god please help?

A:Another Windows 10 wifi issue

Welcome to the forum!

Rebooted router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35332-another-windows-10-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 a few weeks ago from Windows 7 and it worked fine, until I was doing an Apple iCloud, iTunes update. After than my wifi and ethernet are no longer working. The devices are supposedly working fine, but the troubleshooter says they have a driver issue.

So many people seem to be having this problem, but though I've tried switching off ipv6 that doesn't work. I've uninstalled iTunes, but that's not helped. There's no option to roll back the update or the drivers. Not sure quite how I can resurrect my PC that's been Tenned.

Any help much appreciated,

Dazzer

A:How fix NO WIFI issue in Windows 10

Do you have System Restore turned on? Unfortunately Windows 10 has it turned off by default. I don't have an answer to your real problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58184-how-fix-no-wifi-issue-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Was on the road and my MacBook Air died so I went out and grabbed an inexpensive Dell with Windows 10. Was able to connect to hotel and airport WiFi with no issues. However, when I arrived home I am unable to connect to my home WiFi. Displays "Checking Network Requirements", spins a bit, and then displays "Unable to connect to this network". Have never had an issue connecting to home network with Macs, Windows 7 machines, iPads, phones, etc.

I have the most up to date firmware on my Belkin G router. I have rebooted everything. I am able to connect wired through the same router.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

A:Windows 10 WiFi Issue

try switching the router off and back on again and retry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-10-wifi-issue.1161866/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I had updated to windows 10, 2-3 months before and due to many issues again I restored to windows 8.1.
Now last week it got updated to windows 10. Now i am facing issues with wifi adapter and not getting connected with wifi. Screen shot attached for reference
One more doubt is that can i go back to windows 8.1 after this update.

HP ENVY Sleekbook 4-1100se
PRODUCT NUMBER: C1X33EA#ABV
SERIAL NUMBER ; [Personal Information Removed]
LOCATION INDIA

Thank you
Reji

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-issue-with-windows-10/td-p/5648604
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an Asus Q L Notebook Win -bit and I have been having a strange issue with it and my router a Linksys E Firmware When I close the lid of the laptop it goes to sleep when I open it it wakes up except that when it tries to connect to my wireless router after waking Windows Issue WiFi 8.1 up it connects very briefly and then Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue disconnects From this point forward it cannot connect to the wireless network nor can any other device though currently connected devices do not lose their Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue connections The only solution is to power-cycle the router which restores everything back to normal I tried using a wired connection but that doesn't work either when I ran Windows Network Diagnostics it could not fix the problem which it identified as the Ethernet connection not having a valid IP configuration When I ran ipconfig with the Ethernet port plugged in but not working I got the following information Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS suffix IPv Address xx xx can't remember the last four but it wasn't a valid IP Subnet Mask Default Gateway I really don't know what to do here and the bizarre thing is that it prevents any other devices from connecting to the network either almost like DHCP gets broken somehow

A:Windows 8.1 WiFi Issue

Is your modem defined to your internet provider? Have you installed the router software correctly? You might try re-installing the router software also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-wifi-issue-886506.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been using Windows 7 x64 RTM for about a week now, and all I can say is: ARGHHHH!!!

Sleep/Hybrid/Hibernation always screws up my WiFi connections, when I wake it from Sleep, my connection ALWAYS drops and attempts to reconnect, then I force it to connect and it either doesn't or connects then drops and reconnects over and over and over again, then I have to manually disable the adapter and renable it to connect 100% and STAY connected until it goes to Sleep.

I start the computer FRESH from power button and my connection is either, remembered, or the Configure settings forgets that I checked the "Connect automatically when this network is in range". So I'm forced to manually connect upon startup.

I've tried both official Atheros driver for Vista x64 and the Windows provided Atheros driver from June 2009 for 7. They both do the same crap.

I really hope Microsoft gets something out to fix this...

A:Windows 7 x64 WiFi Issue.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889

I've been using Windows 7 x64 RTM for about a week now, and all I can say is: ARGHHHH!!!

Sleep/Hybrid/Hibernation always screws up my WiFi connections, when I wake it from Sleep, my connection ALWAYS drops and attempts to reconnect, then I force it to connect and it either doesn't or connects then drops and reconnects over and over and over again, then I have to manually disable the adapter and renable it to connect 100% and STAY connected until it goes to Sleep.

I start the computer FRESH from power button and my connection is either, remembered, or the Configure settings forgets that I checked the "Connect automatically when this network is in range". So I'm forced to manually connect upon startup.

I've tried both official Atheros driver for Vista x64 and the Windows provided Atheros driver from June 2009 for 7. They both do the same crap.

I really hope Microsoft gets something out to fix this...

Do you have more than one computer on your network?
If so, it could be that they are competing for the same IP address.
Set the IP to a fixed address you're sure is free.

Also, check if it isn't trying to connect to your neighbor's network.
Happens sometimes if your neighbor's output is higher than your own.
You can solve this by making your own network the preferred or only one it can connect to.

In the powercfg, disable the hybrid.

Make sure in the Bios only S3 standby is enabled not S1 or S1+S3.

If none of these solutions work, post back.

edit: You can also try to change the transmit channel of your router. It has 13 channels.
If your neighbor uses the same channel, they might interfere.

Greetz

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/19262-windows-7-x64-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

A friend's netbook with Win Starter got a virus hard to remove so it's time to format and reinstall everything After reinstalling Win Starter -bit and properly validating it with the serial on the tag under the notebook which is strangely different from the serial I stripped from the registry updated everything installed and validated Office with original S N installed a few other essentials MSE Chrome Adobe Reader drivers from Sony website but NOT the bloatware programs -zip etc and installed linux in dual boot Connected normally to my home router and I didn't see any problems with connection netbook WPS on Sony problem Vaio no Intermittent Also, VPCM120AB. wifi dropping but wouldn't connect Intermittent wifi problem on netbook Sony Vaio VPCM120AB. Also, no WPS to my friend's wifi using windows - which is strange because it always used to connect to it with no problems and no other smartphone pc has problems connecting to it It would tell me quot wrong password quot as soon as I hit enter seemingly without checking wifi's password I had no problems connecting when booted to linux though Then I brought it back home reinstalled everything from the start re-updated everything etc While in windows the netbook disconnected once from my home's wifi and would show a quot red X quot over the network icon which I assumed to be because I was updating drivers installing stuff etc so I just rebooted and everything worked normally But this time win still wouldn't connect to her network despite linux would connect normally After fiddling with her router a little I did manage to connect to it by disabling WPS but now the wifi connection keeps dropping for no apparent reason and the quot red X quot over the networking icon shows and no wifi networks are shown To make matters even more strange I plugged an external usb-to-wifi adapter and it would work normally even when I had the quot red X quot while using the internal wifi board but iirc it still wouldn't work with the router when wps was enabled So WPS wouldn't work at all and internal wifi would fail sometimes which is solved by rebooting Even while internal wifi was on quot fail state quot external wifi would work normally not a hardware problem because everything works under linux I would assume this is due to some file corruption but it doesn't make much sense because windows should make some CRC check of its files when installed Win DVD is in decent condition altough not completely scratch-free just minor scratchs Tried to manually remove and reinstall the driver also downloaded a driver update from Sony's website but it didn't solve anything Checking on quot Administrative Tools quot I could see the log I've attached change extension to evtx It seems there's some problems with ODBC also some SQL query and sometimes the registry takes too long to update I have no clue what could be causing these symptoms and how they could be interfering with wifi though Any ideas Requests for more info Any clue on how can I get a new Win DVD preferably free since I already have the serial P

A:Intermittent wifi problem on netbook Sony Vaio VPCM120AB. Also, no WPS

Well, 22 hours waiting, guess now I can "up" this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245515-intermittent-wifi-problem-netbook-sony-vaio-vpcm120ab-also-no-wps.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello there I m having a intermittent wifi to but Connected access, Solved: internet frustrating real hard time keeping a steady internet connection Solved: Connected to wifi but intermittent internet access, frustrating I m lucky if I get mins losing internet then I have to either reset or disconnect and reconnect again very frustrating so before posting here I tried many many solutions but no luck TCP log reset etc changing DNS server deleting the networ and the network location and re-adding did a virus scan Solved: Connected to wifi but intermittent internet access, frustrating but nothing showed up I re-installed and tried to update the network card multiple restarts and tweaks deleted some softwares but NOTHING I feel like a doctor who cannot figure out a diagnosis or the patient will die Literally because if this does not work soon I will throw away this laptop Vista HP HDX Intel AGN network card lt very problematic from what I read Now when I connect via Ethernet cable it s fine ALSO when I connect my Android phone to the same wireless network I get perfect connection and I can stream YT videos while my laptop struggles to open a page Please share some tips ore ideas that might help Thanks and much appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Connected to wifi but intermittent internet access, frustrating

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-wifi-but-intermittent-internet-access-frustrating.1070273/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all My Belkin N wireless router is now experiencing intermittent slow Internet speed The router is years old and has wifi slow router speed intermittent N300 Belkin worked perfectly until last week Here are the troubleshooting steps I completed Internet speed test Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed when directly plugged into the wireless router and cable modem mbps Internet speed using laptop wifi mbps then sometimes works at normal speed Called ISP and they verified there was a connectivity to cable modem issue Did a power cycle for modem and router Then got full mbps from cable modem to ISP using direct connect to laptop tested other devices such as laptops and tablets all experiencing intermittent slow speed when experiencing slow wifi switched to direct connect ethernet cable to router and got immediate Belkin N300 router intermittent slow wifi speed full mpbs So far all my testing is pointing to the Belkin router s wifi connectivity I will check on the router s firmware since it has never been updated I also found a thread online suggesting disabling QOS on the router But this should not be needed as it was working fine for two years since its purchase Any suggestions to what else I can do to resolve this issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n300-router-intermittent-slow-wifi-speed.1152424/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I have updated my windows from windows 8 to window 10 after updating i am facing wifi connectivity issue. When I start my laptop wifi is not connected. so I need to restart the pc then wifi is connected. In between of any work wifi lost the connectivity and i need to disabled and enable the wifi from contorl panel then wifi work. We are facing this issue many time. Even i have gone through the forum regarding this and install the updated driver but the problem exist as it is. I dont want to degrade to windows 8 so i would request you please provide me any solution on the same .  Thanks,Arkroop

A:Wifi Issue on Windows 10 Professional

Hi,if the drivers are fully up to date and your still having the problem, its probably not the driver causing the issue. Could you check that all avaliable windows updates are installed along with check for updates for your web browsers and see if the problem still occurs. If all the updates are installed please answer the following questions 1.) Have you carried out a virus or malware scan if not please conduct one and let us know the result?2.) Does the issue occur just on the Wifi at home or everywhere?3.) Apart from migration to windows 10 have you installed and additional hardware components or software since. James 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Issue-on-Windows-10-Professional/td-p/5610122
Relevancy 51.17%

just bought new samsung np3530ec series 3. windows8 wasnt running with a lot of stuff so i wiped it, im now running windows 7 professional. everything working perfect except the wifi signal is terrible.side by side with a toshiba laptop, the toshiba has better signal. have i down something wrong with it?> i got drivers off oficial samsung web site.spenT 2.5HOURS on hold on samsung customer service and nobody answered. any help appreciated

A:windows 7 pro samsung wifi issue

If you go right next to the router, how is the signal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-pro-samsung-wifi-issue.1092604/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have two PCs running Windows x Ultimate and two USB wireless adapters Both are having the same USB Adapters Windows Wifi Issue and with 7 connectivity issue with either wireless adapter The adapters are Asus USB N- Atheros AR Neither wireless adapter works in either PC Here s the specs of the PCs Mine Intel Core i K CPU EVGA NVidia GTX Win GPU GB DDR - RAM GIGABYTE GA-P A-UD P Mobo WD GB SATA HDD WD GB IDE HDD WD GB Issue with USB Wifi Adapters and Windows 7 IDE HDD ABS Tagan ITZ Series W PSU Soundblaster Issue with USB Wifi Adapters and Windows 7 Audigy SPU Windows x Ultimate Acer X W Acer AL W monitors Wife s Intel Pentium Dual Core E CPU EVGA NVidia GTS MB GPU GB DDR - RAM XFX MG- Mi- Mobo WD GB SATA HDD WD GB IDE HDD Rosewill W PSU Soundblaster Audigy SPU Windows x Ultimate Sylvania L monitor After inserting the wireless adapter into either PC I installed the necessary drivers for the devices After the driver installation was successful I click on the icon in the taskbar for the internet connections and see if there is a wireless network nearby - but the window says no connections are available I opened the Network and Sharing Center and clicked on the Manage Wireless Networks link on the left - nothing is displayed I clicked on the Change Adapter Settings link on the left as well and it displays my Wireless Network Connection as enabled I right-clicked it and selected connect disconnect and it only brings up the same window in the corner that should show the wireless connections in the taskbar and there are no access points displayed I tried troubleshooting the connection and the adapter and Windows states quot The wireless network adapter is experiencing problems quot I ve tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them I ve tried uninstalling the device in the Device Manager and using the quot Update Driver quot button to manually search for the driver on the PC I ve downloaded the most recent drivers for either wireless adapter I ve tried restarting either PC with and without the adapter installed Any insight to this issue Here is the ipconfig all for both PCs Mine Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - -FE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- F- - - - F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap -A EE- -B C-A BC F C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B D-D - FDF-A F-D ED CA FE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wife s Windows IP Configuration Host Name Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- -EB-F -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FBF BC - E- E A- CB- C C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State... Read more

Relevancy 51.17%

I upgraded my HP Dv t pavilion laptop bought in - to windows After upgrading everything seems to work fine except my Wifi F is orange instead of white In other words I cannot connect to the wifi and the wifi switch is greyed out and slide back to off position when I go in wifi setting I have tried all the options below nothing worked I know the problem is I don't have the updated wifi driver for my HP machine for windows OS - I already upgraded my wifi adapter in PC setting - I called the nbsp manufacturer nbsp HP tech support they asked me to nbsp contact nbsp the wifi nbsp adapter nbsp manufacturer nbsp Intel raytheon nbsp as nbsp an nbsp example I nbsp contacted nbsp them they nbsp don't nbsp have one - HP due upgrade Wifi to issue windows 10 nbsp tech nbsp support is asking to fix the problem and send me the right wifi driver Looks like a scam to me to nbsp extract nbsp money since I Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade am out of warranty tech support Just on a side note my son has a newer nbsp laptop Asus he did not have this problem nbsp while nbsp upgrading nbsp to Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade nbsp windows Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade I know this is most nbsp common nbsp on older nbsp laptops It's so upsetting that big organization like Microsoft and HP don't want to take care of the customer's and pointing customer's like me to get help from the other organization HP saying go to Microsoft to get help and Microsoft saying go to HP for help Based on all the blogs online I wish I would nbsp have nbsp not nbsp upgraded nbsp to nbsp windows nbsp I can't uninstall windows and go nbsp back nbsp to windows either I nbsp have nbsp a solution but it will cost me nbsp money I can call HP tech support and give them to just send me nbsp that stupid link for the wifi driver for windows OS to download I can go nbsp to nbsp Best Buy and buy a dongle wifi adapter netgear and put in my USB port and make my wifi work I can download from a third party nbsp software nbsp company nbsp and risk my nbsp computer nbsp to be nbsp prone nbsp to viruses All this big companies spend nbsp millions nbsp of nbsp dollars on nbsp surveys and marketing Saying nbsp achieving nbsp customer nbsp satisfaction nbsp is our nbsp goal nbsp nbsp but can't fix small things like sending a download free to consumer like me or a way to upgrade the setting in your Bios to work with windows In vain Rohit

A:Wifi issue due to windows 10 upgrade

Hi @randy03,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with the WiFi. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Please get back to me and I will see if I can get the driver for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-issue-due-to-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5558879
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I bought a new laptop Toshiba Satellite Pro L with builtin Windows -bit which I updated to Windows It took me days to install the gb update PROBLEM I am getting the Wifi connectivity issue inform of very slow speed frequent disconnection limited connectivity Plz note This issue was also happening when laptop was running on Windows The network adapter is Qualcomm Atheros AR x After reading some blogs discussions I did some Windows 8.1 connectivity Wifi issue on following changing to solve my wifi connectivity interruption I disabled Bluetooth Device from Device Manager under Network Adapters Uninstall the Atheros adapter and re-installed the new software Dated from atheros website Wifi connectivity issue on Windows 8.1 RESULT My laptop internet connectivity doesn't seems to be smooth My laptop does not connect to wifi when I go to another room infact my mobile phone connected to wifi where my laptop don't I also have my old laptop acer with me that I bought years back and it's wifi is working perfect even in far distance Plz note This issue was also happening when laptop was running on Windows I am not too much in windows programming I am so much confused what to do to solve this matter Your valuable suggestions are the only hope for me now Thank you amp looking forward

A:Wifi connectivity issue on Windows 8.1

Wondering if this problem still solved, I have exactly the same problem. Wondering ISP problem or my problem.
I have same network adapter, Qualcomm Atheros AR946x on my Acer laptop

When the internet speed is slow. I check the network and it somehow said connectivity issue with my modem, router etc... but they are just worked perfectly before.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56075-wifi-connectivity-issue-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having an issue at my place of work with a laptop Background information We Windows (WIFI involved) network issue have an MPLS network between each office so we are on the same network Each office has a Server Domain Controller Windows network issue (WIFI involved) that runs a DHCP server providing that office with IP addresses So one office has a x Windows network issue (WIFI involved) IP and another office may have a x IP We have static Windows network issue (WIFI involved) persistent routes setup on the domain controllers in each office to force anything going to the other xx xx office to go out the MPLS router address of xx Every office has a variety of Linksys WRT G model routers all setup the same for SSID wireless security and such and are just used as access points instead of routers My problem is that I sent a laptop from the x network over to the x network and am unable to ping said laptop Cannot ping from that offices Domain Controller or my machine I cannot ping the netbios name or the IP address I looked in the Windows DHCP server Address Leases and that laptop has a record and an IP The logged in user is only a Domain User so they cannot run ipconfig release or renew or repair their wifi connection The user is however able to connect to our terminal server in another office the one I am trying to ping from just fine I have done the following to try resolving this issue Reboot the machine Disable Re-Enable the wifi on this Dell laptop using FN F Run ipconfig flushdns then reboot There is no firewall between the offices on the MPLS network There is no Windows firewall enabled on the wireless adapter Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-network-issue-wifi-involved.721940/
Relevancy 50.74%

My wife's HP ENVY m - dx PC using Windows with Ralink RT R bgn wifi adapter would lose wifi connection with the VERIZON FIOS Actiontec MI WR router after - minutes plugging the connectivity 8 issue Windows internet using wifi ethernet cable in would regain internet access or restarting the PC but the issue would return in - minutes My Toshiba laptop using wifi internet connectivity issue using Windows 8 Windows stayed connected when my wife's laptop lost its wifi connection The other devices in our house Wii TIVO printer etc had no connection issues Interestingly my wife's laptop had no wifi connection losses with other hotspots Best Buy aka Geek Squad McDonalds Starbucks Panera etc so this issue was specifically between the Ralink wifi adapter and the Actiontec router wifi Just updating the laptop wifi adapter driver did not fix the issue HOWEVER uninstalling the driver then reinstalling the latest wifi adapter driver from the HP website seems to have fixed the issue wifi internet connectivity issue using Windows 8 Also installed the Intel Wireless Drivers for Microsoft Window from the HP website

A:wifi internet connectivity issue using Windows 8

So is there a question or simply pointing out the problem and solution?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/wifi-internet-connectivity-issue-using-windows-8-a-704633.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When connected to wifi is shown next to her on the list of network information No internetWindows 10 installed driver "card Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter."In detail the properties of the card in the ID section of the equipment is:PCI \ VEN_14E4 & DEV_4727 & SUBSYS_00101028 & REV_01On the device, "bcm94313hmg2l"On the Dell Vostro 3500 laptop that I did not find drivers for Windows 10Please help.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986718
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everybody I recently bought a second-handed Satellite Pro L - P in mint condition and upgraded it to windows Unfortunately there is a problem with the wifi that I don't know if it appeared in the previous windows installation When I press to connect to one of the available wifi networks it fails every time and returns quot can't connect to this network quot regardless the signal shown Windows WiFi issue Pro L850-1P7 10 Satellite - UNLESS I am really close to the wifi router The wifi module is a Qualcomm Atheros AR x adapter AR B and I Satellite Pro L850-1P7 Windows 10 WiFi issue updated the driver to the latest one with no luck I also tried some older driver versions No luck either I chose quot Maximum Performance quot under quot Wireless Adapter settings quot and deselected the quot allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot box under driver's Power Management tab Guess what nothing happened It still cannot connect to the wifi networks unless the laptop is close to the router My guess was that it is either a driver issue or a malfunctioning wifi module until I booted the laptop in Linux and everything worked absolutely fine It connected to the wifi network in less than a second So it must be a driver issue or a quot bad quot setting Any idea would be appreciated Thank you

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92153-Satellite-Pro-L850-1P7-Windows-10-WiFi-issue
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I bought an hp pavilion 15-n203tx  a week back and wifi worked fine for 2 days till I was prompted for some update (cant recollect what all updates ) by the HP software on my laptop which included around 4 updates and hence then my wifi connection drops every now and then and even when it shows its connected to the wireless network when i open any website , it would not connect and fail ! I have tried most of the options suggested on the internet and nothing seems to be resolved the issue . Its really frustarting that a brand new laptop is already givin me a lot of trouble! ( I think my laptop has a Ralink WLAN Card )  Is there any way I can revert to the older version of the sofwares? HELP! RAmesh

A:Wifi Issue windows 8.1 hp pavilion 15-n203tx

Hello Ramz_N, Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience! I understand the computer is unable to connect to wireless networks consistently. It is a shame since wireless technology is amazing. On that note, I will do what I can to assist you! Before you do anything, I'm going to suggest you try a System Restore. This can return the computer to a point in time (restore point) before the issue appeared. Although, it may return the computer to Windows 8, which isn't a bad thing. For more information on how to do this, please look at this Microsoft website: Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8) Try using the computer in Windows 8 and see if it works properly. If it does, you can choose whether or not you want to re-upgrade to Windows 8.1. I believe this will resolve the issue, but please respond with your results. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day! Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Issue-windows-8-1-hp-pavilion-15-n203tx/td-p/3619073
Relevancy 50.31%

I upgraded my friends HP laptop to Windows The issue now is I can't enable Wifi The card is recognized correctly in Device manager and no issues is found with it It looks like it is fine However in the Network Settings WLAN is set to quot Off quot and when I try to turn it on it always jumps right back to off eg I can't enable it HP is now help as they clearly state enable Upgrade Win10 after WiFi Can't Issue: Dreaded WiFi any laptop bought prior to specific date in will not get any driver updates from their side for windows Guys never buy HP again please And updating through device manager only tells me it's the newest driver available The Wifi card i Broadcom GN card I searched for win drivers but did not find anything They only offer linux drivers on their homepage So can anyone either provide a solution to the issue or link to a win ' driver for this wifi card

A:Dreaded Win10 WiFi Issue: Can't enable WiFi after Upgrade

I had a similar issue were I was stuck in Aeroplane mode on a cleanly installed W10. Turned out I had to uninstall it from the HID's in Device manager. It's worth checking that he's not stuck in it too. Search for drivers in Windows 7, from the HP website and you'll most likely resolve the issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42424-dreaded-win10-wifi-issue-cant-enable-wifi-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have an HP Spectre x laptop that was purchased with Windows approximately months ago For the first several weeks I had no issues connecting to routers Issue Wifi 10 home wireless Windows on the internet using Windows 10 Wifi Issue on home wireless routers my home wireless router Then something went wrong because now I am having issues connecting to the internet At times I will connect for a few seconds and then get quot No internet quot and other times I cannot connect at all I have restored my machine to factory settings multiple times and removed the McAfee anti-virus software from the laptop I've also removed and reinstalled the latest network driver multiple times When I use the troubleshooting feature it tells me there are missing network components I generated a event log report and the last event that caused a disconnect reads as follows WLAN AutoConfig service has successfully disconnected from a wireless network Reason The network is disconnected by the driver I've tried to connect to the internet using a couple other home wireless routers and get the same negative result Although I am able to connect to the internet successfully using my Verizon Hotspot and through a secure WPA connection I'm running Windows Version My network driver is Intel Dual Band Wireless AC Any help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/32109-windows-10-wifi-issue-home-wireless-routers.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys! I own a travelmate 6292, with win 7 pro. I tried to upgrade to win 10 and I had the problem where neither wifi or ethernet connections were available, I tried the command prompt thing, but it didnt resolve anything. Could someone help me? 

A:Acer travelmate 6292 wifi issue windows 10

Suspect you will be out of luck as Acer will not be suppoorting travelmate 6292 (at least according to their website) I also have a 6292. For me, Windows 10 upgraded fine - but then as you say without the wifi working, then on reboot it failed to boot on a driver error, which is where I find myself as we speak! Lucky for me it was a toss-up between throwing the machine out, or trying windows 10 on it! It will succesfully boot in windows 10 safe mode, so may start uninstalling drivers till it boots (or not). It is just possible there is a driver out there somewhere compatible with the wifi, but basically solving the problem is in your court! EDIT: A bit more mucking around - seems windows 10 had run out of hardware resources allocated to other things by the time it gets to the wifi/ethernet chips. I disabled the webcam and touch sensor drivers under device manager/control panel and the wifi started up fine. Looks like we might have to do without a couple of things which i never used anyway..... EDIT2: ...and then windows 10 downloaded some updates and now everything (wifi etc.) has stopped working again.. (sigh)   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-travelmate-6292-wifi-issue-windows-10/td-p/377038/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
i just bought a new laptop lenovo z510 with windows 8, it has issues connecting with wifi. it gives the following error
"the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network".

i tried looking for it over the net still all the solutions are for windows 7 or vista, i go to control panel>network and Internet> network and sharing centre>

i am trying everything possible to sort out this issue, kindly help me in this, do consider it is windows 8 and it does not have manage wireless networks option.

when i switch off my wifi router for 10-15 sec and switch it on then for some time the net connects but after sometime same issue.

also i have tried forget the network and again select it still nothing works.

Kindly help, Thanks you.

A:Windows 8 Wifi connection issue : the settings saved on...

Originally Posted by k12

Hi,
i just bought a new laptop lenovo z510 with windows 8, it has issues connecting with wifi. it gives the following error
"the settings saved on this computer do not match the requirements of the network".

i tried looking for it over the net still all the solutions are for windows 7 or vista, i go to control panel>network and Internet> network and sharing centre>

i am trying everything possible to sort out this issue, kindly help me in this, do consider it is windows 8 and it does not have manage wireless networks option.

when i switch off my wifi router for 10-15 sec and switch it on then for some time the net connects but after sometime same issue.

also i have tried forget the network and again select it still nothing works.

Kindly help, Thanks you.

Have you tried to update "Windows Updates" this system using a wired connection?

Which make/model router are you using for this connection?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39525-windows-8-wifi-connection-issue-settings-saved.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone I'm new here and I'd really be most grateful to get a solution to my issue Ok I have a Acer Aspire with Windows Ultimate It has been running just fine for a while now but after about hours ago Ive been having issues connecting to the internet Everything was fine until I turned on my laptop yesterday and Windows between and phone! Acer Wifi Issue 7 Conflicting itself I had to input my WEP key again for my home Acer Windows 7 Wifi Conflicting Issue between itself and phone! network During this time It said quot unidentified Acer Windows 7 Wifi Conflicting Issue between itself and phone! network quot quot limited access quot or none at all Then after a bit It said I had connected to my home network with access but there was none Now here is where it gets weird I have a iPhone that has had no problems but now whenever theyre on simultaneously my laptop sort of kicks my iPhone off Acer Windows 7 Wifi Conflicting Issue between itself and phone! of the network Now my ps and psp work just fine but it seems after each reboot of my laptop my iphone wifi tells me that I have the incorrect password When my laptop is off its fine and It just reconnects to wifi on its own But honestly here my biggest issue is with my laptop I dont know what to do Im not a computer wiz and I need help I have installed all of the latest windows updates on it so im not sure if thats the issue Is it that my iphone and laptop are fighting over the same ip address or what I did a Windows Network Diagnostic and a box appears that says there are problems The default gateway is not available lt Not fixed gt The connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken lt yellow caution triangle gt I have classwork to do online and during mid-terms this couldn't have came at a more worse time Any help is appreciated and I hope you guys give warm welcomes to the new guy Thanks a bunch I'll be alert and online for most of the day so expect a quick response if you have any questions for me

A:Acer Windows 7 Wifi Conflicting Issue between itself and phone!

First off your post was very well explained. But, there could be many problems that are related to the symptoms your network is having. Here is a few issues that might be going on:
1. It's not your computer its your router
2. It is your computer and not your router
3. Your computer's wifi decided to stop working
4. Your routers wifi decided to stop working

Have you made any changes to your router and or configuration around the time that you started having this problem?
Have you had a power surge?

I too have had this problem before and have not been able to solve it. If you can answer the two questions above I may be able to narrow the solution down for you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/193384-acer-windows-7-wifi-conflicting-issue-between-itself-phone.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Recently got a new laptop (with windows 10) and switched to cable internet.
My printer says it is connected to wifi, my laptop is connected
I can only print if it is connected with a cord

someone said it could be a windows 10 issue??

my printer is a brother mfc-j875dw

HELP greatly appreciated!!!

A:Brother printer not printing wifi - windows 10 issue??

Hi and welcome!
I found these steps from Brother's support section of their website.

1. Turn off your Brother machine. Wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Wait at least three minutes for the machine to join the network.
If the issue continues, go to STEP 2.

2. Use the Network Connection Repair Tool to fix the Brother machine's network settings. It will assign the correct IP address and the Subnet Mask.
> Click here to see how to use the Network Connection Repair Tool
If the issue continues, go to STEP 3.

3. Check your machine's wireless status by printing the WLAN report.
> Click here to check the wireless status on the WLAN report.

If your WLAN report is stating "Connection OK", although you can not print, refer to "Check the wireless status on the WLAN report" and check "Connection: OK"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-printer-not-printing-wifi-windows-10-issue.1171316/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey guys! I own a travelmate 6292, with win 7 pro. I tried to upgrade to win 10 and I had the problem where neither wifi or ethernet connections were available, I tried the command prompt thing, but it didnt resolve anything. Could someone help me? 

A:Acer travelmate 6292 wifi issue windows 10

Suspect you will be out of luck as Acer will not be suppoorting travelmate 6292 (at least according to their website) I also have a 6292. For me, Windows 10 upgraded fine - but then as you say without the wifi working, then on reboot it failed to boot on a driver error, which is where I find myself as we speak! Lucky for me it was a toss-up between throwing the machine out, or trying windows 10 on it! It will succesfully boot in windows 10 safe mode, so may start uninstalling drivers till it boots (or not). It is just possible there is a driver out there somewhere compatible with the wifi, but basically solving the problem is in your court! EDIT: A bit more mucking around - seems windows 10 had run out of hardware resources allocated to other things by the time it gets to the wifi/ethernet chips. I disabled the webcam and touch sensor drivers under device manager/control panel and the wifi started up fine. Looks like we might have to do without a couple of things which i never used anyway..... EDIT2: ...and then windows 10 downloaded some updates and now everything (wifi etc.) has stopped working again.. (sigh)   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-travelmate-6292-wifi-issue-windows-10/td-p/377038
Relevancy 49.88%

I have issues connecting home specific to my issue and wifi Wifi laptop my Laptop to the Wifi router in my house however there are no issues connecting to other routers You would therefore assume that the issue lies with Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi the router at my house However every other device and laptop connects to the router at my house with no issues at all So it seems to be specific to the combination of my laptop and the router at my house I have been having these issues ever since I downloaded Windows I fixed it initially by downloading an old driver for the Wifi on my laptop This fix lasted for about months but since the latest windows update the issue has come back The issue is intermittent wifi where it shows I Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi am connected to the Wifi but then the internet doesn't work It says quot DNS probe cannot be found quot when running troubleshooter and then it resets the wifi on my laptop This can temporalily fix it sometimes for seconds Sometimes for hours But then the issue comes back Does anyone have any clue what the issue might be or how I might fix it Sometimes when I run the troubleshooter it says that I have missing protocols But then this doesn't happen every time I have tried a variety of fixes that I have read up on Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi in forums but none seem to work permantly One thing I haven't tried is a clean install of windows which is something I am very reluctant to do and also have my doubts as to whether it would actually resolve the issue Many thanks Joe

A:Wifi issue specific to my laptop and home wifi

It all depends on location, location, location. Some Gateways are just garbage. If you are not getting a strong enough signal, get an Access Point. Also you need to make sure that you are not on a congested channel, which is usually Channels 6 & 11 for 2.4 Ghz units.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44081-wifi-issue-specific-my-laptop-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 49.45%

One of the laptops at work is having issues, and I think someone with monkey hands screwed something up. As "the computer guy", it's on me to get it fixed.

His Windows 7 computer will not connect to a wifi network. It can detect them (so I know the radio is on), but after half a beat, I get that "windows was unable to connect" message".

Thinking it was the internal card, I connected my external antenna, and got the same error. So I think I can rule out hardware. I tried using an identical laptop from work, and that one connected with no problem. So I think I can rule out any issues with my router.

I've updated all the possible drivers on the computer, Windows is up to date, and i've disabled IPV6.

Here's where it gets weird. He can get an intermittent connection when he uses his phone's hotspot.

A:Windows 7 wont connect to wifi (not a hardware / router issue)

can we see an ipconfig /all and an xirrus
also
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

have you tried a restore to a working date ?

usually company PCs are configured in such a way - that we are unable to provide assistance - as we may suggest doing something which is outside the companies process/rules

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus
Direct link to the program is here Wi-Fi Inspector Confirmation

{If the above link does not work heres another link Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector | PCWorld}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus...-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/windows-7-wont-connect-to-wifi-not-a-hardware-router-issue-669259.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I'm running Win HP and for the most part everything works great I can go in and out of sleep generally without much problem Occasionally however when I put the computer to sleep the monitor shuts off like normal but instead of seeing the HDD light go crazy as it writes RAM to the disk it just sits there It can go on for - minutes of doing nothing Then finally it decides to issue to Intermittent going sleep finish what it started writes RAM to disk and then goes to sleep Usually after this happens if I wake it up and try to do something like install an update with Windows Update it will just hang I'm forced to log out and shut down or sometimes it won't ever shut down and just sits at the quot Shutting down quot screen and I'm forced to do a Intermittent issue going to sleep hard power cycle I'm not generally running any applications when I put it to sleep This never happened when I was running Vista HP on the same computer Most topics I've found deal with the computer waking up when it's not supposed to or it never sleeps and none of these accurately describe my problem Anyone have any ideas or suggestions

A:Intermittent issue going to sleep

That sounds like drivers issues. Type sigverify into the start menu, press enter, and then choose start. Any drivers that appear are unsigned and could cause problems. The log is in the All Users Public folder or in the Documents subfolder. Try updating all your drivers with the guide in my sig.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/47812-intermittent-issue-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello On about of my PC s I manage I m having an issue I can t track down Intermittently and intermittent issue IE connection randomly when opening IE it will not connect to any website In the lower left corner it ll state quot Connecting to IE intermittent connection issue x x depends on which site I attempt to access quot and hang there If I close it out and attempt to reopen it it ll take between - new windows before one of the windows will connect It ll work fine for a random period of time and then start happening again Firefox amp Chrome connect flawlessly at this time Ping works to the particular website addresses Netsh Winsock reset does not fix it Unchecked everything under LAN settings Occurs on IE amp IE Have not tried IE as it is not compatible with some of our programs yet Static amp Dynamic IP addresses on the PC s Going through different DNS servers does not matter either Occurs on XP Home machines in addition to XP Pro OEM OS Installations and installs from an XP disk Dell amp HP also AVG installed on all machines clean and clear of virus Tool bars do not seem to impact performance Any deep down ideas or just the simple I m over looking Thanks Josh nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys I m hoping you could help me out with this weird bug that happens which I haven t been able to get to the bottom of Would anyone know what hardware its pointing to or is it possibly software I have Win i k stock clock GB RAM and a Freezing Intermittent Issue bunch of Intermittent Freezing Issue hard drives and a x GPU My computer would freeze intermittently for about Intermittent Freezing Issue - seconds The display is frozen mouse pointer is frozen If i were to be typing text I would see the text after the - second period This happens even when the pc is idle this happened with previous OS win and which makes me think its a hardware issue restarting the pc seems to fix the issue for a number of hours until the error comes back I was thinking that if it were a CPU issue then id have this error consistently My theory is that my HD is whats causing this error but it seems weird because I have no other issues nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-freezing-issue.1169227/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Gateway NV about two and a half years old that I ve been having issues with Gateway NV u OS Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Startup Intermittent Issue Athlon X Dual Core QL- AMD Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Intermittent Startup Issue Mb Motherboard Gateway SJV PU GB RAM GB Hard Drive The problem is always the same - the computer Intermittent Startup Issue will power on but will not boot The power light comes on the fans whir but after a second or two where normally the display would come on and the HD light would come on the Intermittent Startup Issue fans slow and nothing else happens When this first happened as I noticed when the computer would not return from sleep mode I brought it to a local computer repair shop My educated-by-Google guess was that it might be a dead motherboard but they took it apart found a significant dust buildup and when they cleaned that out the computer powered on as normal and everything seemed fine After three weeks the same thing happened again I brought it back in and they had it for a week before calling me and telling me the only problem was that the memory was unseated likely because the computer had been dropped which it never has been I can t imagine how that could have taken a week to diagnose but it was turning on again so I didn t really care one way or the other The following morning same issue I ve noticed over the last two days that sometimes it will turn on sometimes it won t - if it s running normally and I shut it down or it goes to sleep it likely won t come back but if I pop the memory out and put it back in it will occasionally boot If that doesn t do it it essentially seems to boot or not boot at random I could try again a few hours later and it might or it might not I am unfortunately at the limits of my tech knowledge here - can memory failure manifest like this Is it worth it to buy new RAM to replace what I ve got and see if that fixes things or would that be pointless Thoughts At this point I m disinclined to take it back to the repair shop unless I have to ETA If it s relevant at all on the one occasion that it died while I was using it as opposed to being unable to boot after sleep or shutdown shutdown was fairly orderly everything I was running shut down before the computer turned off as opposed to an instant shutdown nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-startup-issue.1047537/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have 10 computers connected through a router and ethernet switch. Last week I lost connectivity on all of them. It seemed to happen right after printing a page, although I had printed three pages immediately preceding the one page. The printer switch is connected to the ethernet switch as well. Today, without my doing anything, the internet returned to all computers. The Link/Act light is blinking steadily on the ethernet switch where the cable from the switch to the router is connected, but I have internet on all machines. Earlier, all the lights on the top row of the switch(Link/Act) were blinking steadily as well, now only the one I mentioned and number three computer is blinking on the switch.
Any ideas? I'm a bit leary to use the printer again. Thanks so much. All computers, XP Pro.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-internet-issue.889052/
Relevancy 49.02%

Howdy All Have a computer here with Windows Upgrade installed clean that boots only half way most of the time It begins to boot but stops on the Win K splash screen with the status inicator bar about half way across On the occassions when it does boot ok you can here the HDD click before the status bar flies across It s a sure bet if you hear the click it will load completely Initially I Issue Intermittent Boot am concerned there may be a HDD issue It s an old GB Connor and was wondering if there are any avenues that we can check to find out what may be causing this When the machine had Windows se resident we never had the issue which then makes me wonder if it s the OS We performed the disk check defrag Intermittent Boot Issue Norton WinDoctor Norton Disk Doctor and all the Intermittent Boot Issue usual ad spy ware scans All came up empty It s also freshly formatted and installed The computer itself is a custom model with an intel P mobo MB RAM MHZ processor also P Ideas thoughts Thanks Joel nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have a consistent BSOD problem which usually only strikes about once a week and sometimes up to 2 weeks. Usually I have been playing a game for about an hour or so before it happens. Have not been able to determine any consistencies in regards to what triggers it. I've attempted to update all drivers and debugging tools can never seem to pinpoint a driver issue (although that may just be me). Thank you.

64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate Full Retail
This is the original installed OS on the system
System is only about 2 years old
The OS was installed on 1/9/2011

A:Intermittent BSOD Issue

Hi.

In this order,
Restart,run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker you may need to run it 2-3 times to "fix" everything.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Downloading File
Restart in safe mode run full scan with superantispyware.
Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Finish and post back with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195935-intermittent-bsod-issue.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have wireless devices at home Toshiba laptop with Windows Home Premium x pre-installed Dell Inspiron Win Intermittent 7 only connectivity on issue PCs wi-fi ONE with Windows Home Premium x pre- installed an iPod Touch gen Acer laptop with Ubuntu Linux my wife's Android Blackberry and a Sony Blu-Ray DVD player All of these devices-- except my Windows boxes--connect to my wi-fi flawlessly and they stay connected without error The two Windows computers go through this cycling process of connecting and disconnecting every few minutes many times per day Sometimes just clicking on my wireless connection in the lower right-hand corner of the screen with the little yellow triangle with an in the middle clicking disconnect then clicking re-connect fixes it Sometimes I just have to walk away and do something else for either a short while or a long while and it will have resolved the problem itself When the Windows PCs have disconnected and are taking a quot longer quot time to reconnect minutes I can at that moment walk over to my Ubuntu laptop or pull up my iPod and get online and stream video or whatever Or Intermittent wi-fi connectivity issue on Win 7 PCs only I can stream Netflix to my DVD player or I can browse the web on my wife's Blackberry--and I get the little arrows that show it's using the wi-fi and not the cellular connection I have gone into the properties of the network adapters and have deselected the checkbox that says quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot I use the High Performance power option anyway but I still have made sure that box is not checked I have downloaded a utility called inSSIDer to see which wi-fi channels my neighbors are using They are all using channels or I am using channel so there's no overlapping of signals In my house I have two MHz phones--which shouldn't be a problem--one of which is inches away from the Dell I'm having trouble with I can unplug them and remove the batteries from the phones and the wi-fi problems still persist I also have a microwave about feet away from the Dell but I never use it I have not unplugged it but I don't believe it's a problem even though it can use the GHz signal I can shutdown or unplug all other wi-fi devices in the house and the Windows computers will still have the problem I have two wireless routers in Intermittent wi-fi connectivity issue on Win 7 PCs only my possession--which are NOT plugged in at the same time--that I have used for troubleshooting One is a Netgear N and the other is a Cisco EA The problem persists no matter which router I plug in I have set them to factory defaults and I have tinkered with them to an extreme carefully trying one setting after another Still the intermittent connectivity problems with JUST the two Windows boxes persist I run Microsoft Security Essentials and SuperAntiSpyware on both computers There are no viruses there is no spyware My LMHOSTS file is clean and I have flushed my DNS Still I have problems I am using WPA- Personal security using AES encryption on both computers I have tried WEP but I don't want to use it as it's insecure WEP did not help I have not tried using no security as I don't think this is a viable option Having an unsecured network is unacceptable I have tried using DHCP and I have tried using static IP addresses Neither option seems to matter and the problem happens either way Here is a print-screen of my IPCONFIG What is going on What have I missed

A:Intermittent wi-fi connectivity issue on Win 7 PCs only

Congratulations, you one of the few posters here who has already self diagnosed most every problem I can think of. The ipconfig looks fine. Usually when I see this type of problem it's from channel overlap but it looks like you have that covered.

That said I have no idea what the problem might be. The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you are using the latest drivers for your Windows 7 machines. The manufacture's web site is the best place to look for those.

It may be worth while to update the firmware on the router, which ever one is being used I'm not sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/227552-intermittent-wi-fi-connectivity-issue-win-7-pcs-only.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Here is my situation windows ultimate wireless laptop windows home premium laptop Intermittent issue network windows xp desktop computer I have setup sharing of folders and it works beautifully However sometimes when I turn on my laptop the windows system can no longer see the desktop computer xp This is not always the case Sometimes I shutoff and its working beautifully next day Weird thing is I have had this issue Intermittent network issue on another windows laptop too my older dell In between shutting down Im not making any changes ala firewall settings et on either of the systems The way I Intermittent network issue fixed it is very weird too If I change my wireless network name in my router and connect to this new network name it works beautifully All Im changing is the network name and trick my computer into thinking its new network I think this is why it works I have also tried changing the network location from home to work and vice versa and it does not work You have to literally trick it into thinking its a new network you are connecting When its not working I have checked all the wireless settings and it is the same as when it worked network sharing on etc The two windows systems can always see each other fine Any reason on why this is occurring

A:Intermittent network issue

Quote: Originally Posted by jpargo

Here is my situation.

1 windows 7 ultimate wireless laptop
1 windows 7 home premium laptop
1 windows xp desktop computer
I have setup sharing of folders and it works beautifully. However sometimes when I turn on my laptop, the windows 7 system can no longer see the desktop computer (xp). This is not always the case. Sometimes I shutoff and its working beautifully next day. Weird thing is I have had this issue on another windows 7 laptop too (my older dell). In between shutting down, Im not making any changes (ala firewall,settings, et) on either of the systems.

The way I fixed it is very weird too. If I change my wireless network name in my router, and connect to this new network name, it works beautifully. All Im changing is the network name and trick my computer into thinking its new network. I think this is why it works. I have also tried changing the network location from home to work and vice versa and it does not work. You have to literally trick it into thinking its a new network you are connecting.

When its not working I have checked all the wireless settings and it is the same as when it worked (network sharing on, etc). The two windows 7 systems can always see each other fine.

Any reason on why this is occurring.

I would bet you are using "homegroup" for networking. It uses IPv6 and is primarily just for win 7 networks. For mixed networks you should be using "workgroup". It uses IPv4 and works better with older machines.

To test it all you need to do is set up a new network connection using workgroup and if it works you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/104283-intermittent-network-issue.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am using lumia 650. I am able to connect to wifi through hotspot, the phone gets connected to hotspot but it shows no internet access. However, rarely I could get internet access through this connection. Also, i tried to change ip address to provide fix ip to overcome this problem, but I cannot do it in windows Lumia 650 through manage.
Same problem is there with tab with windows 10
can somebody help me out.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434931-wifi-connection-windows-lumia-650-frequent-issue-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all,                                     We are a group of students in an university from Argentina. We get  HP nootebooks to make a laboratory. But we have a big problem with the low WIFI signal. We found a post were the issue is solved the with the same model: HP 240 G4: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-328T... Our problem is that the URL is not avialable anymore for download the driver. We tried to contact to HP support or Paul Tikkanen but we dont have any responses yet.   PLEASE HELP US!!!THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!Juan from Universidad Nacional de La Matanza Buenos Aires Argentina

A:WIFI Drivers Needed for HP 240 g4 - wifi issue not getting c...

Hi: It appears that HP has removed that driver I posted from the support site. See if this one works for you... This package provides the Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. Broadcom Wireless LAN drivers are required to enable the integrated Broadcom Wireless LAN adapter. Released: Mar 16, 2016Version 7.35.344.0 Rev.A File name: sp75249.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WIFI-Drivers-Needed-for-HP-240-g4-wifi-issue-not-getting/td-p/5622667
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,I just bought a new HP 25xw monitor and I also recently replaced my old GTX 570 GPU with a GTX 670 FTW. For whatever reason, the screen will flicker off/on very briefly (less than a second) but only on media intensive websites--the most noticeable website has been Twitch but it has also happened on the HP.com website while it was playing a promo video. If I have Twitch open in a separate tab, it will happen ever so often even if I'm in another tab. The problem hasn't happened anywhere else and it hasn't happened while gaming, browsing (aside from the mentioned websites), or watching movies/videos. I don't have another monitor to test if its a GPU issue unfortunately. I'm using an HDMI connection.Any thoughts on what this might be? Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-25xw-intermittent-display-issue/td-p/5729806
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone I m an IT consultant working with charities and nonprofits A client of mine has a location with a Windows server SBS and about computers where about are start to sure looking Intermittent network issue, not where onsite with the rest being laptops and VPN machines They have MacAfee s EPolicy orchestrator software enterprise antivirus Intermittent network issue, not sure where to start looking deployment and management Exchange server IIS and all machines are Windows XP SP They run active directory and they have a second domain controller on the same domain that s running server and ACCPAC Their physical network is a simple and standard Internet- gt Router DSL modem- gt Switch- gt Room Outlets- gt computers On to the problem Often say twice a day computers are unable to access the internet for about minutes What I ve learned so far is that there is no unusually high traffic on the network as is associated with mass viral Intermittent network issue, not sure where to start looking infections and that the server is able to access the internet even when the machines cannot I know what I think it might be but I would like to hear what other possibilities are out there What do you think Joe nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

This happens only on my desktop and not on my laptop so I m led to believe it s a computer issue rather than a headset issue which turns me to you Every now and then the sound from my Logitech ClearChat PC Wireless issue sound headset Intermittent USB headset will fluctuate meaning the sound will go in and out at random in each earpiece I have no idea what could be causing this I can t upgrade drivers or anything because it apparently doesn t -come- with any It uses drivers present in XP and Vista installations which I should say My desktop with the problems has XP and the laptop which does not has Vista if that matters I can t test with a standard headset because the one I have is either broke or my sound card and or speakers are broken as the sound fades to one side over the other Very annoying to listen to gt lt Please help nbsp

A:Intermittent headset sound issue

(bump) Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-headset-sound-issue.893903/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there having Flash Intermittent issue sound an intermittent problem playing audio through flash on some sites but not others on my girlfriends computer running vista ultimate x Youtube is fine myspace etc But quite a few others are not - especially some tv sitcom site she uses just stopped working one day at first we thought it was a problem Intermittent Flash sound issue at the site's end Sound works fine using any local media files dvd's games etc I've checked the site's content out with my PC and the sound plays fine just not on hers Had me baffled for far too long now Installed latest audio drivers works brilliantly - didn't fix the problem Realtek AC beta about the th set I've tried Uninstalled Flash player and installed latest version no help Installed a codec package works fine exactly the same codecs that I use on all my systems Using Firefox or IE makes no difference same site still has no sound Cleaned registry cleared cache deleted cookies erased temp files defragged scandisk etc all done to no avail bit vista ult running nod AV Comodo FW adaware and spybot as security apps Run umpteen numerous malware scans all clean apparently and can't find any rootkits - although I am using the out of date free AVG rootkit remover Also performed online AV scans with kaspersky labs and trend micro No other problems apparent - Anywhere I can usually fix most problems with a PC sometimes it might take a day or two of trial and error but this has been going on for about weeks now I am totally stumped out of ideas and at my wits end So please please help me help me help meee EDIT In case it makes a difference I don't think it will but I've obviously missed something so I'll give it a shot Her hardware spec off the top of my head Mobo MSI K N CPU AMD Athlon OC'd to Ghz Stock speed of makes no difference to sound just reduces framerate in her games Ram GB Cheapo generic stuff Sound Onboard AC Audio Graphics Nvidia GT mb AGP Hard disk C Maxtor GB IDE D Seagate Barracuda GB SATA After all the maintenance I've carried out on it it runs as well as the first day I built it used to be my old PC for playing FEAR and RSV et Still keeps up with most rigs today at reduced settings - crysis makes it struggle and choke though

A:Intermittent Flash sound issue

I'm getting a consistent Pulsing Loud sound (almost like the sound you get when you run a vavuum cleaner) near a computer! All the Normal sounds are working Fine!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/intermittent-flash-sound-issue-261136.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hiya Guys I have a dell Inspiron with i cpu issue INTERMITTENT Weird mouse GB DDR RAM GB SATA HDD I m running Windows Home bit free install from Windows Home Prem bit I have a weird issue where I seem to have an intermittent mouse problem while I m working I do tech support for Comcast from my computer and I Weird INTERMITTENT mouse issue have anywhere from - IE windows open plus - other programs as well at any given time According to Task Mgr however I m only using about - of my GB RAM I don t seem to Weird INTERMITTENT mouse issue have any issues when I m not working like when I m playing some games like old time duke nukem and fb games and stuff like that I bought new Weird INTERMITTENT mouse issue mouse and seemed to resolve the issue for atleast a few weeks now started doing it again Is there any way that windows might be the culprit Possibly a driver that s quot not tested quot for windows like maybe the ROOT HUB USB Any ideas guys kinda irritating nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-intermittent-mouse-issue.1170188/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm getting a bizarre off-and-on issue in Windows 7. Every now and again when posting here and elsewhere, my "S" key refuses to type...both on my Bluetooth and my wired PS/2 keyboard.
It only happens now and again - very weird if you ask me...and I know you aren't....LOL
I get around it by typing f instead of S and then using IESpell to correct it.
For this post I had to compose everything in Notepad first and then CCP. Next time it will most likely work.
Using IE8 by the way.

Comments anyone?

A:Bizarre Intermittent Typing Issue

Do you have the same problem in notepad or just IE8? I'm using Firefox 3.0.4 and not having that prob. IE8 keeps being a pain for me. Hope they get it working right.

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/662-bizarre-intermittent-typing-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I m running a dual boot system with two GB hard drives one with Vista one with XP When I was first running on XP this problem occurred with no regularity other than it would most certainly happen sometime The problem is that my system freezes completely It cuts off anything related to computer function such as the monitor mouse keyboard headphones but leaves my USB attached MP players still able to charge There are no apparent normal triggers to this as I keep PC Probe running to track my temperature and I only recently got Vista where the problem freezing; for with intermittent Issue reasons I'm looking appears to be more common and it s clean of dangerous viruses While on Vista my computer may shut down at CPU temps between degrees C and degrees C that s pretty much the range between running a couple background programs and running IE to Running Crysis and at motherboard temps Issue with intermittent freezing; I'm looking for reasons between degrees C and degrees C at C PC Probe gives a warning that it may be getting hot but as far as I know C is fairly cool My Specs CPU Intel Core Quad I believe MB Asus P E Premium Graphics Radeon PSU Thermaltake W Cooling Air-cooled fans the one on my CPU is mm OS Vista XP if you need more info I ll be happy to give it I really need to fix this issue nbsp

A:Issue with intermittent freezing; I'm looking for reasons

Have you tried updating the ASUS motherboards drivers or bios? I stay away from ASUS at all costs....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-intermittent-freezing-im-looking-for-reasons.127701/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi My mobo cpu and ram were from overclockers co uk as an overclocked bundle I purchased a few years ago I have been having an intermittent BSOD issues for the past few months I had tried reinstalling windows and had reset the BIOS 0x00000124 BSOD Issue Intermittent to default settings but the problem Intermittent BSOD Issue 0x00000124 was still occuring Recently my OCZ vertex failed I am not sure if this was somehow related I tried this drive in another computer and had the same result drive is visible in BIOS but the OS does not see it I reinstalled windows on my storage drive for the time being and have ordered a new SSD Today I took apart my computer to give it a good clean and remove dust took off heatsink and reapplied thermal paste gave wires a tidying etc I then reinstated the overclock from the BIOS profile SpeedFan was showing my CPU idling at around C I ran Prime stress test to Intermittent BSOD Issue 0x00000124 see how much the temperature would rise I did not see much rise in temperature at all quite quickly though I got a BSOD I have attached SF Diagnostic grab Any help figuring out my problems would be greatly appreciated

A:Intermittent BSOD Issue 0x00000124

I should add that before my OCZ vertex failed, BSODs occurred most often when playing games, Civilization V and the Sims 3 in particular caused it. However I never had a blue screen when playing Minecraft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294116-intermittent-bsod-issue-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have an Intel NUC (D54250WYK) running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and has been working fine up until a few weeks ago, and the issue is intermittent making it difficult to troubleshoot.

Every 2-3 times when the NUC wakes up, my remote control is no longer able to control the system. A simple reboot resolves the issue for a day or two, but then it comes back. One thing in particular that I found odd, is that the remote control is actually able to wake up the PC, but once Windows is up and running again it no longer accepts commands from the remote.

I've completely removed the drivers and reinstalled but it hasn't corrected the issue. And none of my searches so far have yielded any solution to fix the problem.

The Infrared receiver on the NUC is "Nuvoton Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Windows 7 for Intel NUC"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401219-intermittent-issue-infrared-receiver.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I built my system about a year ago Early this year I started experiencing BSOD's Most were BCCode so I followed the recommendations in the quot STOP x VIDEO TDR ERROR troubleshooting quot thread but couldn't find anything wrong After the BSOD's started to get more frequent I decided to reinstall Windows and see if that fixed the problem At the same time as the reinstall I updated the firmware Intermittent issue 116 BCCode BSOD for my SSD and Motherboard as well as flipped the crossfire configuration of my graphics cards Things ran ok for a while but unfortunately the BSOD's are back I've now had BSOD's all with BCCode since the reinstall After the rd BSOD I've done the following Ran Memtest with passes - no errors Ran OCCT GPU D with each graphics card individually and in crossfire configuration BSOD BCCode 116 Intermittent issue - no errors Ran OCCT Power Supply with each graphics card individually and in crossfire configuration - no errors Ran IntelBurnInTest I ran prime prior to reinstall - run bit for both Standard and Maximum - no errors Ran Furmark - Max temp on cards reached degrees and no errors reported Ran System File Checker - no errors My setup OS and hardware are roughly a year old Windows Professional x Intel Core i k Gigabyte P A-UD -B x Corsair CMZ GX M A C GB HiS AMD Crossfire Corsair AX PSU Attachment Additional info - The only game I've been playing is Total War Shogun all settings at highest - None of the BSOD's have happened while I've been gaming - The BSOD's happen randomly and have occured after watching Youtube videos while browsing while idle I run the system and had a BSOD while I was sleeping - The only BSOD that is directly gaming related is the rd one in the minidump files I was trying to run the Direct X benchmark included with Total War S when it happened - The problem appears intermittent Looking at the last BSOD's they seem to occur at roughly a week apart Any assistance in helping me to figure out what the problem is will be much appreciated D

A:BSOD BCCode 116 Intermittent issue

Just in passing These are all Bcc116 as you surmised, one thing of note is they all happen after long periods of uptime. The average being 6+ days,. This in itself can cause the problem Try re-booting daily to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225812-bsod-bccode-116-intermittent-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I've been having an issue where my PC suffers stuttering I initially assumed it was related to audio playback as that was the most noticeable effect and swapped my onboard audio for a cheap audio card and while it seemed to work for a while it's started returning There is also a similar issue with mouse and keyboard input My audio drivers are up to date as is Windows This issue appeared a many months after getting the PC so it's not a issue stutter Tracking intermittent an new hardware issue nor is does it seem to be a new software issue It doesn't seem to be related to CPU load though there may be a CPU spike when it happens but not consistently It's not related to memory usage - I'm not typically using more than of memory at any point with well over GB extra I'd appreciate any Tracking an intermittent stutter issue help in tracking this issue PC Specs Windows -bit Core i Core GHz GB DDR Tracking an intermittent stutter issue Asus B M-G

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603575/tracking-an-intermittent-stutter-issue/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m working on a HP laptop running Vista home premium x I had removed some medium risk infections but the OS still has flaky issues The biggest issue at this time is that the wireless connection comes and goes It may start and connect to the router and internet but will disconnect from the internet and sometimes even make the shared network inaccessible after a few minutes THis is true whether at my office or at another location and another router Furthermore I found that while at the customers location I found infected? connections issue, am I intermittent that unless I turned off the wireless switch on this laptop it would intermittent connections issue, am I infected? even disconnect her other laptop from the network as well As soon as I turned off the switch on this one the other one could refressh and reconnect intermittent connections issue, am I infected? to the router with no problem I ve run Ccleaner Eset online scanner LiveOneCare safety scan MBAM and A-Squared emergency kit A-Squared found the usual supects cookies and one peice of riskware in the hp folder called quot endproc quot The A-squred log file is unreadable as it appears to be either machine code or some language of Asian descent I suspect that it s the os thats been corrupted so I ran the system file checker and have a couple of logs from it Strangely I could nt even read the logs until I copied and pasted them to the desktop from their original location in the windir logs I could really use some help with deciphering the cbs logfiles and advice on what to do next to find the cause of the issues Let me know what you need from me in order to start the healing process Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352481/intermittent-connections-issue-am-i-infected/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

I have an Intel NUC (D54250WYK) running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and has been working fine up until a few weeks ago, and the issue is intermittent making it difficult to troubleshoot.

Every 2-3 times when the NUC wakes up, my remote control is no longer able to control the system. A simple reboot resolves the issue for a day or two, but then it comes back. One thing in particular that I found odd, is that the remote control is actually able to wake up the PC, but once Windows is up and running again it no longer accepts commands from the remote.

I've completely removed the drivers and reinstalled but it hasn't corrected the issue. And none of my searches so far have yielded any solution to fix the problem.

The Infrared receiver on the NUC is "Nuvoton Consumer Infrared (CIR) Driver for Windows 7 for Intel NUC"

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/400893-intermittent-issue-infrared-receiver-intel-nuc.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently purchased an ATEN KVM CS- E switch I am using the switch to connect computers to an LCD monitor This setup works most of the time but sometimes when I switch to one of the computers I get the message quot Analog Out of Range quot This never happened when the monitor was connected directly to the computer i e without the KVM switch and I have been using this monitor and this computer for a long time This is very Switch KVM Out and Range of Intermittent monitor issue frustrating as the only way I can get the monitor and computer to recognise each other again is to turn off the computer at the wall and reboot - losing whatever work I am doing As soon as I reboot the computer the switch works correctly and the monitor sees Intermittent KVM Switch and monitor Out of Range issue both computers The problem only Intermittent KVM Switch and monitor Out of Range issue seems to happen when I have been using Computer for a long time without switching back to Computer Then when I eventually switch back to Computer I get the quot Analog Out of Range quot message When I switch regularly between computers the problem does not seem to happen I have done a lot of googling and found quite a few quot Analog out of range quot issues Interestingly they all seem to involve LG LCD monitors However none of the issues directly match mine and none of the suggestions have been effective My setup is Computer Pentium gig processor gig RAM Windows XP Pro SP nVidia Geforce FX It is on KVM switch Computer AMD Athlon gig processor gig RAM Windows XP Home SP nVidia Geforce FX It is on KVM switch This is the only computer which has shown the problem so far Monitor LG Flatron L TQ I do not have any power saving options activated on my computers Everything is set to be on all of the time Both computers are set at x resolution recommended for the monitor and at mhz refresh rate I have also tried them both at mhz Both computers have the monitor s drivers installed from the CD that came with it I would greatly appreciate some help with this nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all I am having problems with my Broadband internet I should start by saying it is not a browser problem I assume as I have tried i e and Chrome Ever since I got connected to Virgin my internet connection has been intermittent Sometimes the machine will stay on line for several hours more often a matter of minutes It will then go offline maybe for minutes maybe for longer This afternoon it was off for an hour If I reboot it usually starts off online but the problems resume within minutes Often it will be fine whilst it is sitting on Google but when I try to connect say to Hotmail or eBay or Facebook it dies I bought this computer second hand at the time I got Virgin so have no way of knowing whether it Access Firewall Internet - Issue? Intermittent is the computer or Virgin Initially I contacted Intermittent Internet Access - Firewall Issue? Virgin and they remotely took over the system and did something with the Firewall I know nothing about these things When I run Network Diagnostics I either get a message saying my connection has been restored or the following message Windows cannot connect to the internet using HTTP HTTPS or FTP This is probably caused by Firewall settings on this computer Check the firewall settings for HTTP port HTTP port and FTP port You might need to contact your Internet Service Provider ISP or the manufacturer of your firewall software This may as well be Greek to me as I just can t get my head around computers as much as I try And as I said before I have contacted my ISP Virgin but to no avail Finally maybe I should mention that I have Bit Defender working in real time and SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes which I use to scan the machine regularly Any suggestions would be very gratefully received if delivered in a way that a -year old could understand

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448993/intermittent-internet-access-firewall-issue/
Relevancy 48.16%

About weeks ago our desktop began intermittently being able to browse the web We were sure it was a problem with our ISP We've had them out twice and have determined that we're pinging consistently The modem is fine We're running IE on XP with Service pack We also have a wireless router which we took out of the equation for a day and STILL had trouble I've run anti-virus AVG and Avast I've run anti-spyware Ad-Aware and Spybot I've checked to make sure there's no remnants of Norton anti-virus on my computerI've attempted a winsock repairI ran malwarebytesand I downloaded a fix for the service pack MS update Still having trouble Sometimes I'll be able to browse for several minutes then I either get http yes with forward slashes and a screen that tells me it's an invalid address -- which it's not OR I get the Internet Explorer cannot display this web page etc If I run Firefox I can also browse for a bit then I get pages that say quot done quot with a gray screen and no content I also will get the quot red x quot in place of an image on either browser frequently and on pages that have never had this trouble but with a refresh they're fine I am including my HJT log Any ideas I'm starting to get very frustrated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx browsing issues) (http:/// and Intermittent issue other exeC PROGRA PERMIS bin dm exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Online Backup OnlineBackup exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exec Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exeC Program Files Windows Media Player Intermittent browsing issue (http:/// and other issues) WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files Comcast Universal Caller ID Comcast Universal Caller ID exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Outlook Express msimn exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft co... Read more

A:Intermittent browsing issue (http:/// and other issues)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.

First Location
Second Location
Third Location

Open on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280154/intermittent-browsing-issue-http-and-other-issues/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi
Our Dell Inspiron 1525 has suddenly developed a problem. It boots up fine but after a period of time - from seconds to minutes - it suddenly stops interacting with the HDD. The mouse can be moved around but I cant initiate any hard drive activity from pressing buttons (Start etc) and have to resort to a hard power off. Ive reseated the HDD and done the std diagnostic memory test. The fan is working and in any case i can get the problem after first boot of the day, when its been off for 10 hours.
The laptop is a couple of years old.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Andy

A:intermittent hard drive access issue

Run Dell Diagnostics. Hit F12 on startup until you access a boot menu with 'Hardware Diagnostics' or 'Diagnostics' as options. Run the full tests and report back any failures.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-hard-drive-access-issue.1064731/
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear Members I have been facing the issue of frequent Vostro 64 Windows 1704, - Loss Issue bit, 10 WLAN Wifi Dell - DW Frequent 3446, wifi disconnection for the past - months The problem get sorted out temporarily after running netsh command or after resetting WIFI adapter or rolling back to an older version However this never Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN has been a permanent solution The problem further aggravated after Window Anniversary update in July I am hardly using my WIFI after Frequent Wifi Loss Issue - Windows 10 - 64 bit, Dell Vostro 3446, DW 1704, WLAN this update I use a Dell Vostro laptop with DW - WLAN Card The part number of WLAN card is R GW - OS Windows Home Single Language Edition with bit I upgraded from Windows What I have already tried doing - Network adapter reset using feature provided in window and also by running netsh command in Command Prompt Have tried rolling back the driver but it works temporarily Have tried installing re-installing drivers listed on Dell support page of my PC however every driver shows error after installation Tried windows troubleshooter - this used to fix my problem after November update but after March updates it didn't resolve my disconnection issue Have tried using almost every suggestion provided on various MS and Dell Community Forums I also unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter And optimised the wireless settings as suggested by Dell but none worked Unfortunately I have run out of Dell Warranty Support hence can't contact them In this case can someone please provide me with a specific solution to deal with this issue I will be happy to supply more information Best regards Tej

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440945-frequent-wifi-loss-issue-windows-10-64-bit-dell-vostro-3446-dw-1704-wlan.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Please see following topic

Trojan.Siggen4.58009 Farbar second Wireless connection I'm not aware of

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527046/trojansiggen458009-farbar-second-wireless-connection-im-not-aware-of/

A:DNS issue, network continues to switch on/off on an intermittent basis

I have attached DDS results within this post and a link from my previous topic

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526995/network-continues-to-switch-onoff-on-an-intermittent-basis-dns-issue/page-3

On my last topic we found that there is a second Wireless connection that I am not aware of, because I don't see it, Farbar says there is another. We also found with Dr.Web Scanner Trojan.Siggen4.58009 on my (batteryCare) program since we found this Alex & Vanko have asked me to transfer my topic in this section in order to get better support on my issue.

Help would be appreciated

Thank you

here is my issue that I am experiencing

Hi,

I hope someone can help me to understand and resolve this issue.

I am experiencing some issues with my wireless for the past week I still haven’t found a solution for the problem, at first I thought that could have catch some type of adware because I got some window pop up on my browser and since then I have been having issues with my wireless on my laptop. I have run a test to see if I have adware, malware or any viruses but the end results are clean.

So far the issue I have with the wireless is a headache, the connection seem to be stable for a certain period of time and then drops, when it drops the reload wheel keep spinning and spinning and after a few seconds I get the yellow question mark in my wireless bar, then the connection timed out for some time (20 to 30 seconds) and gets back, the network continues to switch on/off on an intermittent basis.
When I ran the diagnostic “wireless network connection status” in windows 7 I get the following error
Problems found
“Your Computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding”
Other times I get another error which it isn’t related to the DNS server issue, but instead is telling me “The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the Internet is broken” the estrange thing is that how can the troubleshooting is tells me one thing  and in the other end the internet hasn’t drop still working fine.   
I have run the cmd ipconfig/all and the rest and this didn’t do anything, therefore I am out of tricks to get this thing working.
Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527038/dns-issue-network-continues-to-switch-onoff-on-an-intermittent-basis/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all I have been out intermittent Strange partial disconnect/time issue having a strange problem with my computer usually only when I first start up connect but sometimes intermittently I have this wierd ping time out error For example I am connected in an IRC server a Ventrilo server voice chat and a game server World of Warcraft Diablo II etc Suddenly I will get disconnected from Vent and be unable to browse webpages but still in IRC or the games So using TCP Optimizer I run the largest MTU utility and Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue my connection is fine on the byte packet but not the byte packet In a few minutes this condition seems to just go Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue away by itself In fact just now I Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue ran the test and timed out on the but I was still connected in Vent I ran the test again and it went through it usually takes more like tries or several minutes of downtime Tapping my computers wireless button on and off seems to stabilize my connection but I don t want to disconnect from everything else I am already connected to every time I get on my laptop How do I go about diagnosing this issue I m not sure where to look In the event log nothing shows up except this error once in a while Event Type Warning Event Source BROWSER Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer B K Description The browser was unable to retrieve a list of servers from the browser master KATHY on the network Device NetBT Tcpip D- - CD - C -A C E The data is the error code Not sure if these are even related just thought they might help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Strange intermittent partial disconnect/time out issue

no, that event has nothing to do with connectivity beyond your router --
Browser events are localized to your LAN devices only.

It's far more likely that your Modem, Router and/or network adapters need firmware or
diver updates.

Personally, I disdain large MTUs and the use of TCP Optimizer.
On the MTUs, the network path between you and any given server will adapt to the
COMMON mtu to avoid fragmentation anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-intermittent-partial-disconnect-time-out-issue.126540/