Windows Support Forum

What software comes preload on an Acer Tower

Q: What software comes preload on an Acer Tower

I need a new PC and amconsidering an Acer. I want to know what software comes preloaded on an Acer Tower?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What software comes preload on an Acer Tower

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What software comes preload on an Acer Tower

That is hard to answer seeing how the software can vary between models. For the most part it is bloat-ware; shortcuts to promoted software by Acer, their recovery software, and some trial software like antivirus and Office. You will find this with most manufactures. When you purchase a desktop you can always delete and remove the advertisement shortcuts, trial software and install your own software preferences.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/What-software-comes-preload-on-an-Acer-Tower/td-p/313838/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.28%

I need a new PC and amconsidering an Acer.  I want to know what software comes preloaded on an Acer Tower?

A:What software comes preload on an Acer Tower

That is hard to answer seeing how the software can vary between models. For the most part it is bloat-ware; shortcuts to promoted software by Acer, their recovery software, and some trial software like antivirus and Office. You will find this with most manufactures. When you purchase a desktop you can always delete and remove the advertisement shortcuts, trial software and install your own software preferences.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/What-software-comes-preload-on-an-Acer-Tower/td-p/313838
Relevancy 69.66%

My problem is just like this person's-exactly-- My computer Acer Aspire XP froze I went to start acer preload.tag recovery missing it up again and all I got acer recovery missing preload.tag was the splash screen followed by a black screen with a flashing dash acer recovery missing preload.tag in the corner It refused to boot up no matter what I did So I went into the Bios and told it to boot from a disk When I first set up my laptop it burned a quot back-up disk quot onto a DVD So I inserted it and the screen read quot loading RAMDISK acer recovery missing preload.tag image quot then brought up the ACER recovery screen I selected to recieve instructions in English a screen said quot Restore Factory default system quot I clicked next It begin to reformat and restore factory default settings but an error occured There was a quot fail in creating or opening a file quot I clicked okay and it led to a little gray box reading Recovery Cannot find preload tag for SetBootIni Once I click okay again it starts all over from the splash screen I have tried both the System CD Rev and the set of three recovery CD's to no avail Obviously I have little computer expierence and would like a little help fixing this I can not find anything on the ACER support site Thank you

A:acer recovery missing preload.tag

I have received no responses so I took the laptop in to a local computer repairer. At first they said something had wiped my hard drive clean except for my documents, that the hard drive was fine and they would install xp again and get it back working. Fee -200 dollars. Several hours later they called and said that they were having trouble installing the xp operating system and perhaps my hard drive was bad after all. I needed a new hard drive and they will install xp -now 250 dollars. Am I stupid? Should I care what hard drive they put in, other than the 100gig they took out? Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you.

Rachel

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-recovery-missing-preload-tag-178234.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I copied most of the below message from a previous posting but I have the same issue I bought a new ACER Aspire and it crashed today So I went into the Bios and told it to boot from a disk When I first set error ACER recovery in setbootIni preload.tag up my laptop it burned a quot back-up disk quot ACER preload.tag error in setbootIni recovery onto a DVD So I inserted it and the screen read quot loading RAMDISK image quot then brought up the ACER recovery screen I selected to recieve instructions in English a screen said quot Restore Factory default system quot I clicked next It begin to reformat and restore factory default settings but an error occured There was a quot fail in creating or opening a file quot I clicked okay and it led to a little gray box reading Recovery Cannot find preload tag for SetBootIni Once I click okay again it starts all over again at the splash screen A serch both recovery disk and there is no preload tag or any shorted version Unsure where to go from here Without the disk in Dos only goes to quot NTLDR is missing quot Please help Thanks

A:ACER preload.tag error in setbootIni recovery

ME Too, exactly.
Aspire 5672, purchased 2006.
this is the second time it needed to have the XP system replaced with the recovery disk, but this time I got the SetBootIni message.
what to do? Can one get a new recovery disk?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-preload-tag-error-in-setbootini-recovery-138630.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I hope someone out there can help me I have just purchased on preload Aspire 7 loading Acer with to Linux Windows Problems AM3900 an Acer Aspire AM which came with Lupis Linux software preloaded I bought it because of its spec Intel Pentium E with Gb ram and TB HDD and figured price was good because it did not come with W preloaded At least review which I read before purchasing said they had loaded windows with no issues I have made several attempts to load a copy of Windows Professional without success Each tme I get a message just as the loading has started saying that it cannot find the drivers for the CD drive which is listed as being DVD Super-Multi drive There was a CD which came with the computer with drivers on it The CD says it is for W X X but when I load it I get a nother message saying that no drivers have been found I have also downloaded drivers from the Acer websie but none of them are reconised iether I realise this is not a Linux forum but if there is anyone who could help I would appreciate it Beginning to realise cheap sometimes means nasty Cheers Alinjlin

A:Problems loading Windows 7 on to Acer Aspire AM3900 with Linux preload

All Linux code must be deleted using the CLEAN ALL command.As you have had linux on the HD you need do a Clean all & full format.

Type in command line
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (win HD)
CLEAN ALL
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
ACTIVE
FORMAT fs=NTFS
ASSIGN
EXIT
EXIT

SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/175762-problems-loading-windows-7-acer-aspire-am3900-linux-preload.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Please help me Just taken out of box my new Paviollion x2  detachable preloaded Office mobile software crashes excel,word and power point what can i do please to fix it? Thank you Colin

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Brand-New-Pavillion-x2-Office-software-preload-not-working/td-p/5818027
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,
I was wondering if you had the user manual for the acer aspire t660. I need to change the mother board and wanted to replace it with a asus A7V8X-MX. I can t seem to be able to connect the front panel wires from the acer t660 mini tower and the mutli card reader.

Thank you

Regards,

Nath

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-tower-compatibility-with-motherboard.860066/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi folks,
Running an Acer Veriton M2 series with a Core2 Duo E7500, and I'm getting sudden, random reboots. Attached is the text output from BlueScreenView.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Stuart.

A:Random Reboots on Acer Veriton tower

Just a suggestion...rather than supplying a solitary event from BSV...I would supply all.A variation of the standard blurb many of us use:Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.IMO, there's little to be gained by reviewing a single BSOD error message...whereas a number of messages can allow perception of a trend and more detail on what may be going wrong with the system.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419212/random-reboots-on-acer-veriton-tower/
Relevancy 56.33%

hello everyone!!! justa quick motherboard question. my original motherboard failed on my desktop. as a replacement i was given an Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard. i would just like to know this mobo would fit in the aspire tower properly? thanks!!

A:Acer Aspire desktop AM5640-E5550A Tower.

Hello, Yes it's a µATX form factor so no problems. But you won't be able to use the pre-installed version of Windows.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-desktop-AM5640-E5550A-Tower/td-p/421074/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a teck question for the Acer Aspire motherbroad x1930 computer case front panel wiring - Red & White are for the power switch and the Yellow & Orange are for the Led power light - question Is Yellow +plus or - negative and what is Orange + plus or - negative . I need to know this because I`am changing towers from the small form factor to a mid-tower so I can add a Video card . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x1930-change-of-tower-case/td-p/429853/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a teck question for the Acer Aspire motherbroad x1930 computer case front panel wiring - Red & White are for the power switch and the Yellow & Orange are for the Led power light - question Is Yellow +plus or - negative and what is Orange + plus or - negative . I need to know this because I`am changing towers from the small form factor to a mid-tower so I can add a Video card . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-x1930-change-of-tower-case/m-p/429853
Relevancy 52.46%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,

I got a new 4G connection. But I don't have an unlimited data usage plan.

Since it is 4G, the internet speed is extremely fast. As a result, while I watch YouTube videos, YouTube buffers the whole video in seconds. This means, if I click on a video of 10 minutes length, and after watching the video for 5 minutes... let's say I don't wanna watch the whole thing and close the tab. It means that although I watched for 5 minutes, I used up the data for 10 minutes since YouTube had streamed the whole video within seconds after I clicked on the video.

Is there a way to tell YouTube NOT to preload way too ahead of the point I'm currently watching?

A:Is there a way to tell YouTube not to preload too much?

People usually want it the other way around. I can think only about something like NetLimiter or NetBalancer.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/52500-there-way-tell-youtube-not-preload-too-much.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I need to move a windows 2000 server from one hardware platform to another. I will be using ghost. My biggest upfront concern is the difference in hard disk controllers. Currently using a SCSI card. I'm planning on moving it to a new server with a different, integrated controller.

How do I preload the drivers for the new, different disk controller so that when I boot the image on the new hardware, it will be able to recognize the hardware and boot?

Most of the things I've read suggest first adding the new disk controller to the existing server to load the drivers, then create the image but since this controller is integrated that is not an option.

Any Thoughts?

A:How to Preload drivers?

Well if the drivers is a setup file, then it can install the drivers. Otherwise if you can get the INF and sys files, just plop them on the old machine and when you transfer to the new machine, you can point the hardware wizard to the driver file and it will do the rest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-preload-drivers.460163/
Relevancy 47.3%

I dont know if this is the right place to put this, and if it isn't I'm sorry. I HAVE posted this at the steam forums, but no replys so far. Anyway:

Ok, HL2 was preloading over the weekend at the same time CS and DOD were loading. However, once they were done, HL2 stopped loading. And what worries me is the fact that when I was looking in the Support section(yes, I looked), one of the answers(that didn't help me), had the preloadi of HL2 in the moniter box. I dont have that. I just have the preload box, which freezes Steam whenever I try to press cancel or continue.

I have restarted my PC and Steam numerous times, so what could be the problem?

I have also uninstalled it, and reinstalled it without my firewall on. I have also tried to cancel it, but it doesnt cancel.

Relevancy 46.87%

Okay I help? Preload Wizard, ASUS decided to reinstall ASUS Preload Wizard, help? Windows with recovery discs The laptop has loaded all discs to and once the disc tray popped open I took the last disc out and continued onwards to the ASUS Preload Wizard I chose a language and then was given three options to pick from I m honestly not sure which one to pick Recover Windows to first partition only i This option will delete only the first partition allowing you to keep other partitions and create a new system partition as drive C Recover Windows to entire HD i This option will delete all partitions from your hard disk drive and create a new system partition as drive C Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions i This option will delete all partitions from your hard drive and create two new partitions C and D Which one should I choose I only want to restore everything back to factory conditions to erase a virus I m not interested in backing up anything The last time I checked the My Computer folder I only had a C drive titled quot OS quot and I think an E drive titled something I can t remember Nothing was in the optical drive either edit I might have had a hidden partition somewhere that would have let me reinstall by hitting F after a restart Either way it looks like I would have ended up at this Preload Wizard anyway From what I ve been reading online neither choice erases the hidden partition but I still can t decide which one to choose Please respond My computer is an ASUS Notebook K F

A:ASUS Preload Wizard, help?

Is this regarding the same computer which you have an active topic in the Am I Infected forum?If it is not, please post the make and model of this computer.2) Recover Windows to entire HD. i. This option will delete all partitions from your hard disk drive and create a new system partition as drive “C”.The second option will achieve what you have indicated you wish to do.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478841/asus-preload-wizard-help/
Relevancy 46.87%

preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty.

thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/52720-preload-js-dialog-box-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Pretty much like it says:
Can i preload XP onto a hard using my desktop PC then move the drive to a laptop I am trying to revive ?

Relevancy 46.87%

preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty.

thanks

A:preload.js dialog box keeps popping up

preload.js seems to be a JavaScript library that lets you manage and co-ordinate the loading of assets and data.
imonomy - In-Image Ads That Work is an advertising service.

Do two things at first:

1. Check for it or anything related to it in startup.

Right click on the taskbar and click on "Task Manager" in the context menu.It will open Task Manager with "Processes" tab selected. Click on the "Startup" tab.Select them all one by one and click "Disable" at the bottom right corner.Disable everything there other than the antivirus.
See how it goes. Let us know.

2. Scan your system for adware. Use ADWCleaner for this purpose.

3. Also scan for any possible Malware. Download and install MBAM Free version. Then reboot the computer in Safe mode and scan the entire computer with it.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/52720-preload-js-dialog-box-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 46.44%

basically when i turn on the computer windows is loading files comes up and scan to 100% then the screen goes blue and the mouse on the screen goes large and then the asus preload wizard turns up on the screen. i do not know what to do whether to press cancel or press next but i don't want to delete any files or anything i just want it to go back to it's normal state before this happened.

THANK YOU PLEASE HELP ME

A:asus preload wizard problem

Do you have a Vista Recovery Disk?

See Create a Recovery Disc For more Information

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/282212-asus-preload-wizard-problem.html
Relevancy 46.44%

For some reason when I set up rollover images on one of my sites, they don't preload. I have it set to preload but it just doesn't seem to happen.
Check it out at...one of the problem sites and let me know what I might be doing wrong, or why it's not working.

Thanks,
JTN

A:DWmx preload rollover problem

I see where you have set up a function for preloading the images but I don't see where the function is called.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dwmx-preload-rollover-problem.184824/
Relevancy 46.44%

So yeah.

I accidentally started the ASUS Preload Wisard (or ASUS recovery) and now I can't get rid of it. The laptop is working just fine. I only want to stop the Wisard and start up my Windows 7.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:ASUS Preload Wisard Loop

Try loading defaults in BIOS (either first screen or exit menu). BIOS is the Setup menu, should say which key to press when you start the laptop.

I also wonder if you can see traces of it with EasyBCD - Bootmgr - Move to C:\ with EasyBCD (gave the link for the download link mostly, check out different menus after you run it). Post screenshots if you see a trace, and are unsure what to do - Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374564-asus-preload-wisard-loop.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello HSTS Refresh List Preload I am the owner of the domains winpack cf and winpack eu org I would like to have my aforementioned domains included with the HSTS Preload List of Edge and IE I have already coordinated with Lucas Garron from Chrome since my servers aren't open but only at specific days which aren't predefined and after a successful manual review of my sites they were added to the Chrome HSTS HSTS Preload List Refresh Preload List Furthermore a Mozilla developer also lt g class quot gr gr gr-alert gr gramm undefined Grammar multiReplace quot data-gr-id quot quot id quot quot gt let lt g gt me know that Mozilla's script for renewing HSTS List runs on Saturdays around noon GMT so I can also coordinate HSTS Preload List Refresh with that Now I would like to know how the HSTS Preload List Refresh works on IE and Edge Specifically are all domains from the Chrome list accepted by default or is there a script or manual check before adding them If there is a manual review HSTS Preload List Refresh how can I coordinate with the person that performs it so that I keep my servers open on an agreed day and time If there is a script review how does the script work what does it search for and when exactly does it run Thank you in advance for providing the above information I hope that you will be able to understand my problem and help me towards fixing it

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/47a91446-983b-4369-82f4-4f8b9fad84f5/hsts-preload-list-refresh?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys!

Last night I closed my laptop to sleep as usual, and today I woke up to a asus preload wizard screen, which of course I canceled, because I didn't wanna loose my data. (Last backup is 3 month, and I have the most important stuff but still).

I've had that once before, and when I just runned windows normaly it went away. This time it didn't work.
Things I tried :

- Safe mode
- Start with the last know good configuration in BIOS

None of them works and always resend me to asus reload, which when canceled sens me to a choice of either windows repair startup which I don't wanna run, or to run windows as usually which fails and sends me to asus load again.

How can I save my data and get rid of this problem?

Thank you very much !

A:Asus preload wizard loop (Virus?Bug?)

You can attach the harddisk to another PC to get the data off. Or try to use a Linux Live distro if you also have an external drive.
Just make sure you don't install Linux and select something like "try" so it loads into memory only.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372033-asus-preload-wizard-loop-virus-bug.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey,

Anyone know of a way to have ATI CCC install during a clean install of windows 7 so that none of the original windows vga drivers are ever loaded?

Just a curiosity I had

A:Preload ATI 5970 Drivers to Install Disc

Take a look here:
SATA Driver - Load in Windows 7 or Vista Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/172443-preload-ati-5970-drivers-install-disc.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My recovery (D is about full (2.58gb free of 25.7)

I've narrowed it down and found out that in my (D, in preloads under file, i have tons of GBs in "Install34.swm"

Now, the number in "Install34.swm" is just an example, there many, MANY variants of that file, with just a different number after "install".

I really need help with this, i would like to delete these files, but have no clue if it is safe to do so. So far this has been a struggle, since i'm not the most pc savvy person, so any help is appreciated.

A:Recovery filling--Preload--Files--Install.swm

The Recovery drive is normally pretty full, but all it contains is the recovery files to restore the computer to the original factory state so it's not a problem, it's generally just big enough to hold the recovery files and nothing more. So your solution is actually to do nothing as nothing is wrong and doing something will likely break your recovery software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recovery-filling-preload-files-install-swm.1150898/
Relevancy 45.15%

Can anyone help me with this problem First off I purchased a Asus K laptop at a flea market over the weekend I know I know I can hear the snickering When I power it on all I get is a K501 Laptop on Problem Asus Preload Wizard message quot Boot MGR is missing Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete quot which doesn't work of course I found a good thread on this forum offering some suggestions to that the problem is you are supposed to boot into the System Recovery Option screen to proceed I pressed F on start-up and I saw quot Windows Boot Manager quot with quot Select an operating system to Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop start quot listed below that The only option there was Windows Set-Up EMS Enabled When I selected that I was taken to the Asus Preload Wizard with options - Recover Windows to first partition only - Recover Windows to entire HD - Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions No matter which option I chose I got a giant red lettered Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop ERROR message with this displayed on top wimsetreferencefile failed Does anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this Or what one earth this means I'm not very computer savvy at all so please talk in Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop layman's terms Does this mean that I might need a new HDD Or would I have to purchase a brand-new Windows OS I'm not even sure if this laptop came with Windows or Vista preloaded The product key on the back is worn but it looks like it says Windows whereas when I looked up the K model online it looks like it was sold with Vista installed Any help would be appreciated

A:Asus Preload Wizard Problem on K501 Laptop

It sounds like the recovery partition is corrupted. It could be a failing hard drive to. You may be able to order a set of recovery disks from ASUS. They will likely charge you for them though. Can you read the entire product code from the COA sticker? You'll need to know the version of Windows installed too. If you can get that info off of the COA sticker you can use it to reinstall Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/301764-asus-preload-wizard-problem-k501-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I must first preface this post by saying I'm not a computer wiz so take it easy on me I was interested in restoring my ASUS US E-BAL to factory defaults I've done quite a Wizard ASUS inquiries Preload U56E-BAL7 bit of research via Google on how to do this on ASUS computers By using the F method on ASUS logo when booting I am prompted to a program called ASUS Preload Wizard which gives me options Recover Windows to first partition only Recover Windows to entire HD Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions After doing a bit of research I felt it best to choose option two However there are a few things I would like to be sure of before I proceed with the process Does the ASUS U E-BAL have it's own recovery partition so that I may go about this process without disks and ENSURE COMPLETELY that my computer will be 'fresh out-of-the-box' status with all required drivers fully capable of reinstalling themselves etc Or is there any indication that I will need to order disks in order ASUS U56E-BAL7 Preload Wizard inquiries to recover Has anyone here ever used the ASUS Preload Wizard option without disks is it possible etc Thank you

A:ASUS U56E-BAL7 Preload Wizard inquiries

Have never used Asus notebook but first see if there a Utility to create a Windows install DVD or Thumb drive before you do anything. If there is create either or both.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251768-asus-u56e-bal7-preload-wizard-inquiries.html
Relevancy 44.72%

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try.
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option. Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I had tried create system repair disc but still can't boot into System Recovery Option, and its show a message "Non-system disk or disk error"
I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same...

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380613-booted-into-asus-preload-wizard-instead-system-recovery-option.html
Relevancy 44.72%

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try. :)
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option. :( Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I had tried create system repair disc but still can't boot into System Recovery Option, and its show a message "Non-system disk or disk error"
I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same... :(

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/booted-into-asus-preload-wizard-instead-system-recovery-option-1041313.html
Relevancy 44.72%

On title, I have this issue quite awhile already and i decided to give it a try.  
My computer is Asus manufactured.

Firstly, after reboot my laptop i press F8 to go into Advanced Boot Option, then press "repair your computer" in order to boot into System Recovery Option

But then everything start to getting strange as it boot into Asus Preload Wizard ( which is factory reset ) instead go into System Recovery Option.   Below are the photo of Asus Preload Wizard

I also tried disable/enable UEFI in BIOS but still the same... 

Thanks and i appreciate anyone for your help 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/589358/booted-into-asus-preload-wizard-instead-system-recovery-option/
Relevancy 44.29%

I just bought myself a laptop for work (I am a computer science teacher) and it came with a load of acer software (abDocs, abFiles, acer portal etc etc etc).

Any of it worth keeping? I cannot find any reviews or user info about it at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-software.1155125/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have install a collectorz software that uses Alt F10 for the scanner. But so does acer software. Can I retore the hotkeys to widows default?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-software-309527.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all, I hope someone can help... I've got files encrypted with the Acer eData Security software, but my computer died and I don't have another Acer computer, just 3 Dells.
The hard drive is still good so I've put it in an external HD case. I can access the files from another computer, I just can't decrypt them.

Does anyone know another utility I can use to decrypt the files??

Thanks!!

A:Acer Decrypt software?

thats alot of computers!!
Well, Cant you just use Acer eData, on a dell??
and transfer and decrypt, ?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/273413-acer-decrypt-software.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have recently had my computer wiped. It is a 2 year old acer aspire. I also recently moved and in the process i have lost my start up disc and i need it to restore my system. dose anyone know where i could find one?
Thanks.

A:acer system software.

You may be able to purchase a recovery disc directly from Acer:

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-system-software.831493/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, yesterday I bought Acer 640p scanner. But have problem with software. There wasnt original software disk, only disk with burned last version of MiraScan ... I installed it. But in the start menu there isnt any exe file to start and to start scanning. Googled-it and found a way to get it scanning via Adobe Photoshop, but when i tried, photoshop crashes. So I need software that supports my scanner and to be able to scan.
Thanks in advance!

A:Acer 640p + software

Go to www.acer.com and click support. You should be able to find drivers for it, then when you push the scan button, Microsoft scanning wizard should pick it up from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-640p-software.73208/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,,,,,,,,,I have an Acer Aspire 7502 notebook that I did have vista installed but as I did not like Vista, I reinstalled with XP.
The thing is I cannot use the quick launch keys and I suspect that I need the empowering technology software to make it work. Everthing else seems to be Ok and I have looked and cant find it for the XP, even on Acer`s home site.
Could someone please help me with this problem. ?
Lenpcase

A:acer aspire software

Did that Acer Aspire 7502 come with Vista pre-installed? How did you install XP in it?

-------------------------------------------------------------

I just checked the ACER site. It lists a 7520, but not a 7502 for the Aspire. Are you sure about the model number?

It has Acer-related software for download for Vista, but not for XP.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-software.914322/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sorry software??? - Acer PC Propriatary in advance for the long post I have built a few computers for myself and friends and family but I want to have my facts straight before I call the techs at Staples a bunch liars My sister bought an Acer PC Win Media Center from Staples www staples ca a couple months ago against my insistant warnings not to and now she is paying the price She asked me to clean up the harddrive because almost all of her mb of RAM yeah I know Acer PC - Propriatary software??? was being consumed with Windows running idol I cleaned up some things but the majority of the memory was being eaten by a bunch of Acer applications and they seem eduseless to me but I couldn t get them to uninstall without other things like the sound card not working anymore A little later she decided to try and remove some of those things herself oh my and ended up deleting her DVD encoder codec and suddenly sarcasm she couldn t watch DVD s anymore She took it to staples to be fixed I live hours away and don t see her often They charged her to fix the encoder because it was her fault Okay that s fair She got it home and DVD s still wouldn t play looked the encoder was still missing nd trip to staples brings us to today they want to charge her another to quot reprogram quot code for reinstall Windows her PC because it is missing the DVD encoder duh they were supossed to fix that already I gave them a call and asked if we could just buy a copy of Windows free of the Acer garbage and install it ourselves and they said that the PC cannot work without the Acer applications WTF Does that mean she could never upgrade to Vista without buying it through Acer That sounds like a load of BS to me So that is my question Is it BS Is it even possible plausable that Acer could have some custom hardware or CMOS settings or what ever that could prevent the PC from running on a clean version of Windows or even Linux for that matter I don t want to say that on the slight chance it is true or I don t tell my sister it is not true and then get half way through installing Windows and have it fail and end up costing even more money for them to fix it Thanks very much Justin nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

With Acer Laptop Aspire model 5532, Acer BIOS 1.07, scheduled virsus scans will not start. Have had the same issue with three sucessive anti-virus programs in last week. I set the scheduled time correctly, but the scan does not start. Currenly using MSE; manual scans work and the system catches viruses that were attempted to load. Had exact same problem with AVG and McAfee. And the clock in the Notification Area shows the correct time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-software-acer.975901/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a new Acer 5551 laptop (Windows 7 OS)

I want to create back up discs so that if the hard drive fails I can replace the hard drive and use the discs to restore it to the way it is now (same drivers, operating system etc.).

Please could you tell me what back up system I should use (there appears to be at least two Acer backup and Windows 7).
Thanks in advance.

A:Acer Back up Software

Win7 has an imaging program in Control Panel/Backup. This will restore the OS and any programs.
The recovery disks usually do the same, so I'd say use both.
Update them occasionally.
There is also a backup program in Control Panel you can use to keep your files backed outside of regular imaging or recovery disk creation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-back-up-software.971881/
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought an Acer Aspire 8920G It's a great latop, but like any other computer it comes with tons of useless software. However there are a few that i really like and want to keep. It came with Vista Premium 64bit, which i don't want i have made my own version of Vista Ultimate from the app Vlite. It runs alot faster and it is easier to work with such as it doesn't stop driver signing. OK so the problem is i want to install this OS, but I need those few acer programs, such as the Bio protecion that scans you finger and all sorts of cool features. Acer does not ship their software with the laptop and they will not send me a cd of it even though i offered to pay for it! Anyone know where i can get it?

A:Need Acer Laptop 8920G Software

Hi,
If you can't buy it and it's not available as freeware and you want a legal version you might want to consider Open Source versions:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open_source_software

and here are some examples from just one of many sites:

http://www.opensourcewindows.org/

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-acer-laptop-8920g-software.747482/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Acer Aspire Z running Windows Vista The other day AIM AOL Instant Messenger asked me to do a mandatory update a security update I think It finished did not require a restart and all was well The next day I restarted the computer for the first time since Acer more software/hardware and malfunction, before updating AIM and was met with a dim screen as happens when the AC adapter is disconnected from the computer Once Windows finished loading a message popped up saying Acer Empowering Technology Framework Launcher has stopped working whereup the only option is to close it The WiFi status icon is still present in the system tray and when I click that the Empowering Technology toolbar returns Here I observer the battery icon on the toolbar is dimmed and cannot be Acer software/hardware malfunction, and more clicked usually Sometimes when I open the toolbar after it closes as stated the battery icon can be clicked and will show either fully charged or remaining When I open the battery management through the toolbar all options are dimmed and cannot be clicked such as a slider adjustment for screen brightness and cpu speed The battery pack is connected and it s LED light is on The computer hasn t died yet so clearly it is drawing power as it should I have reinstalled the Empowering Technology driver the Empowering Technology Launcher driver and uninstalled AIM but nothing has changed A techsupport e-mail sent to Acer returned with only two suggestions System Restore or Acer s eRecovery which will reload Vista with factory settings erasing all data using a hidden partition on the harddrive I tried system restore using the two available restore points before AIM was updated but upon restart system restore gives a message saying an error occurred during the process and nothing has been changed Lastly as loose ends it may have been the day I updated AIM windows media player would no longer play music files when I opened them saying quot Windows Media Player cannot access the file The file might be in use you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored or your proxy settings might not be correct quot however none of that has occurred and the file is still playable using Nero Wave Editor And the last one is that when I restarted the original time and saw the dim screen etc there was a new Windows Security Center icon in the systray reporting that Firewall and other things were off or not set to recommended levels however I have long had things set this way and this icon never appeared before Windows Defender is running fine Sorry for the long description Thank you for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, i m having a problem with my laptop, it dosent recoqnize the web cam, even in skype program. I dont know what to do. Any help? Thx in advence. Greetings

A:Laptop Acer E1-571 software issues.

In this case, first check if your webcam is displayed in the Device Manager. To do this, you can follow the steps below:1. Go to 'Device Manager' by following the steps mentioned on the links below:For Windows 8.1:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/where-is-device-managerFor Windows 7:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/open-device-manager#1TC=windows-72. Navigate to 'Imaging Devices' and check if your webcam is displayed. If you are not able to see 'Imaging Devices' section or if your webcam is not displayed under 'Imaging Devices' then, then there may be a hardware issue and you need to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contactIf your webcam is displayed in Device Manager, you can resolve the issue performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the following link:http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9909/~/webcam-error-message%3A-camera-not-found...Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Laptop-Acer-E1-571-software-issues/td-p/344736/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.43%

Hiyas

Got a friend who bought an Acer Travelmate 2355 Xc last year. Recently he's been having problems with it and needs to do a restore. Following the instructions in the acer users guide we found that the eRecovery software is missing.

Does anyone know how or where we would be able to find this software?

Thanks in advance
BW

A:Acer eRecovery software missing

if its XP then find someone with a original or OEM xp disk..and try to do a repair..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-erecovery-software-missing.474642/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire 5720 laptop running Vista and I'm writing to ask if I can uninstall some of the Acer Software that came with my computer and allow Vista to do the work.
Running out of HD space and Acer's eAudio Management utility is particularly large.
Thank you,
bobmac

A:Windows Vista and Acer software

hi it may affect functionality of devices of course this is only my opinion

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-and-acer-software.810226/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok lets get it Acer Problem Software Orbicam from the start My laptop Acer Orbicam Software Problem is Acer Aspire Series my OS is XP SP -- ATI RADEON -- AMD TURION -- DIRECT X c -- REALTEK HIGH DEF AUDIOMy camera is Orbicam also built-in I had big problems adjusting its properties like exposure etc usually via Skype but no Skype anymore so no more adjustments So i decided to go hunting the web and find a good program free or to purchase so to i can adjust it First thing I did was to go to the Acer Site I chose Drivers Utilities and then my model I have found diffirent software -- of them were drivers of them were utility Like a smart user I saw the quot Orbicam Software quot Only for ORBICAMS like mine and especially for my model I installed it I chose quot drivers amp software quot install And then In the step it says that it have detected my camera I actually SEE myself in it --which means it works -- and I press DONE in my installer When I start the program I face this WHYYYYY lol i dont get it So plz if u cant help me with the Orbicam Software plz suggest me programs for built-in webcams for only adjusting I am furious i ve tried the software a hundred times Your help is valuable everytime i have a problem u always try to help me guys u have my thanx in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114701/acer-orbicam-software-problem/
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm refurb. a ACER 1840 system for a Katrina victim. I've found most of the software but I can't find the PCI driver and the plug and play will not work without it. I've loaded win98se. The mother board is V58 XA M. B. 97114-248.38401.021 with a P/N 45ab631.mt1. I've written Acer numerous emails over the last 60 days, with no response. Do you know who makes the V58 XA mother board and where I can down load the drivers?

A:ACER 1840 Motherboard software

Have you tried here, http://www.computerhope.com/drivers/mb.htm or here, http://www.driverguide.com/ to find the drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-1840-motherboard-software.434666/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi guys, i m having a problem with my laptop, it dosent recoqnize the web cam, even in skype program. I dont know what to do. Any help? Thx in advence. Greetings

A:Laptop Acer E1-571 software issues.

In this case, first check if your webcam is displayed in the Device Manager. To do this, you can follow the steps below:1. Go to 'Device Manager' by following the steps mentioned on the links below:For Windows 8.1:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/where-is-device-managerFor Windows 7:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/open-device-manager#1TC=windows-72. Navigate to 'Imaging Devices' and check if your webcam is displayed. If you are not able to see 'Imaging Devices' section or if your webcam is not displayed under 'Imaging Devices' then, then there may be a hardware issue and you need to contact nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contactIf your webcam is displayed in Device Manager, you can resolve the issue performing the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the following link:http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9909/~/webcam-error-message%3A-camera-not-found...Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Laptop-Acer-E1-571-software-issues/td-p/344736
Relevancy 43.43%

hey there i just did i clean install of my acer aspire s3-951 ultrabook but the system seems to be slow as hell after installing all the drivers.. i later figured out that it comes with a 20GB SSD which it uses for caching.. soo i was wondering if anyone here knows what caching software does aspire s3-951 use for caching.. thanks!

A:what caching software does acer aspire s3-951 come with

Hi there ... Read the Link below ... Should solve your problem ....
GUIDE Install ExpressCache for SSD Caching - Acer Community

Acer Aspire S3-951 SSD Caching - Acer - Laptops & Notebooks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/344758-what-caching-software-does-acer-aspire-s3-951-come.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello there: I have two acer laptops. one is aspire5750g, another is e5-771g.  I  had installed SSD disks on both laptops. now I would like to get the recovery disk image and write it to USB or CDrom.   I searched this website, found I have to use Acer Recovery Management to restore or make a backup. so I am wondering if I can download Acer Recovery Management software and install it manually? or is there another way for me to copy the recovery partition to usb disk and install it via usb ?  Thanks Stephen  

A:Can I download Acer Recovery Management software a...

Hi Stephen,I would suggest you to use Macrium Reflect Free, it's a very good program for creating recovery disc and creating Backup. You can get used to it by following the tutorials below. It's very user friendly program. http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v6/user_guide/macrium_reflect_v6_user_guide.pdfhttp://kb.macrium.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50074.aspxMany more instructions online.HTH.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Can-I-download-Acer-Recovery-Management-software-and-install-it/td-p/459965
Relevancy 43%

Can someone tell me what Acer and Microsoft recommends that I use on my computer for antivirus besides Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender? I can't seem to make mind up of what antivirus I want. Help needed please.

Thanks, Jesse

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/What-free-antivirus-software-does-Acer-and-Microsoft-recommend/td-p/332610/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43%

I had a Nokia Lumia 520 windows 8 phone and my pc could not install the drivers for the phone. I managed to install the Windows phone desktop app but it would not find the phone. I have since changed to an Xperia Z1 and my pc will not install this phones drivers or software either.

I have started the download of the software and drivers direct from Sony and it still wont load. I have searched the Acer website, but no joy. Can anyone help, it is most frustrating having to use my hubby's or daughter's laptop to backup my phone.

A:Acer Z5700 W7 won't install phone software

Have you tried this? http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop

On my Win 8.1 laptop the phone was recognized and listed under This Computer as a separate drive. On my win7 desktop the app I just linked to was required. My Windows phones are a Lumia 925 and 1020.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-z5700-w7-wont-install-phone-software.1127540/
Relevancy 43%

hello.i have a problem and i want .u ,please,help me.i have an acer ferrari laptop,my window is xp proffesional and the bluetooth doesant work.when i try to loock for device a message appears,,bluetooth sowtware file not found.i instaled a lot off drivers but it doesant work.when i had windows vista it worcked,but now i installed windows xp proff and i have problems.whatcan i do?

A:bluetooth software for acer ferari 1100

Did you install the bluetooth software for the device? I had the same issue in XP. Not sure if bluetooth works well with XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-software-for-acer-ferari-1100.924982/
Relevancy 43%

My laptop (acer aspire 7750-6423) recently crashed and would no longer load up windows. I couldn't repair or recover anything from the hardrive and had to buy a new one. I went through erecovery and came to software instillations. It was working fine till it got to "installing LITE-ON Camera 1.3M Ali 5608c" 18/42, where it is stuck and wont install. I dont have any back up disks from my old hard drive and the software wont install. I dont know what to do. Please help.

A:Acer Aspire stuck on software installation

This is probably Acer specific. Do they have a web site that offers help?
Do you get an option to skip the camera software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/301808-acer-aspire-stuck-software-installation.html
Relevancy 43%

Can someone tell me what Acer and Microsoft recommends that I use on my computer for antivirus besides Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Defender? I can't seem to make mind up of what antivirus I want. Help needed please.

Thanks, Jesse

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/What-free-antivirus-software-does-Acer-and-Microsoft-recommend/td-p/332610
Relevancy 43%

Hi - Firstly I m not a computer geek although I m reasonably literate My Acer Aspire bought May has suffered a hard disk failure When I bought it I made the Acer eRecovery disks and kept them safe On buying a new hard drive 5742 Aspire Partitioning Software Acer last week exact Hitachi GB model I find recovery disk no boots up Windows ok but does not recover the file structure as I get the message quot insufficient disk space to copy files quot I understand that Acer disks are partitioned into areas and the recovery disks cannot Acer Aspire 5742 Partitioning Software see the area where the recovery files have to be copied and hence the Windows message I researched this on the net and find Acer produce a partitioning software file that once could be downloaded However I see that file is no longer available on the net and on speaking to Acer they want me to part with for them to provide technical support I would have thought the partitioning software should have been included in the recovery disks but it seems not so Can anyone help in providing me with a suitable solution without forking out Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I am new here so please excuse me if this post is not formatted in the correct manner Okay lets see I have an Acer Aspire T AMD Semipron processer with MB of Acer Empowering startup... uopn Problems with Software RAM I have had this computer for about months now and have had relatively no problems with it spyware adware here and there but nothing that Problems with Acer Empowering Software uopn startup... serious Today when I booted up I went to plug my MP player in and it would not recognize it or so I Problems with Acer Empowering Software uopn startup... thought What was actually happening was the system was running beyond slow So I looked at the task manager and found that the culprit was acer empower which is Acer Empowering Technology which was taking up of the CPU I then noticed that the Empowering Technology menu bar did not appear on my desktop as usual So I went to reboot but got a program not responding message the program NET-BroadcastEventWindow is not responding blah blah blah I waited but finally had to end it manually I rebooted and the got the exact same thing so this time I found the process again and ended it the resources freed up and tried rebooting again Same result So I again shut the process acer empower down and here I am now The computer is running fine except for the fact that it will not open that program which is a backup and retore tool for the most part kind of valuable to me if I wish to restore my sytem I guess I have narrowed it down to those two items but I have no idea how to fix them Can anyone help

A:Problems with Acer Empowering Software uopn startup...

Acer Empower Technology, which is a utility that provides convenience and
enhances the performance and efficiency of the computer as well as saves power consumption
what's wrong with windows restore
trying to find out what it does on a search was fruitless
one review stated it may be of some benifit to a novice user,but anyone above this level should remove it
one of the acer users may have a solution for it they can post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problems-with-acer-empowering-software-uopn-startup-153840.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Alt-f10 is not working to start e-recovery software and also my backup acer software not read into DVD drive and eject immediately.. Yes I have original HD included windows vista. due to some problem one of IT people format all C and D drive and install windows 7. error showing when pressing alt-f10 same as like Path:\windows\system32\winload.exe Partion:2 Hard Disk:8fa61239 [ /NO EXECUTE = OPTIN ]

A:Recovery Acer Software aspire product 45.. series

"Usually" the Acer recovery partition was a hidden partition; inaccessible by the usual means; at least it was some time back. Sometimes called a PQ partition if I remember correctly (at least for Acer laptops a wee while back). It was usually first item on the hard drive too.You seem to suggest that the system was initially Vista; then you took it up to win-7... Possibly in the process of going to win-7 the (Vista) recovery partition was destroyed; or at least overwritten by a win-7 version?This rather olde post has a very helpful response from Johnw - it's the best answer entry too.http://tinyurl.com/hl8nugxFollow John's routine and see if you can "see" any evidence of a recovery partition?This is another approach too:http://tinyurl.com/l7u3q5zand this may also explain "your" particular drive partitioning as was and possibly is now:http://tinyurl.com/hr4jceoIt would appear that in some more recent systems the PQ/Recovery partition is now flagged as D: ; and thus if per chance your IT chums got at that D partition on your laptop.. then they erased its contents when they reformatted it...?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-acer-software-aspire-product-45-series/14078.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an acer aspire 5750g and recently It stopped working. Thankfully, I managed to get it up and running again using Alt + F10 and doing a factory reset. The problem is it is now stuck on "installing office 2010" and it does not move from there. I have not installed the windows 7 or Microsoft office 2010 disc during this period as it is pre installed....so what do I do? Please help

A:Acer factory reset stuck on software installation

Hi,Restart the unit, most of the times that should help, Cheers,.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Acer-factory-reset-stuck-on-software-installation/td-p/303222
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an acer aspire 5750g and recently It stopped working. Thankfully, I managed to get it up and running again using Alt + F10 and doing a factory reset. The problem is it is now stuck on "installing office 2010" and it does not move from there. I have not installed the windows 7 or Microsoft office 2010 disc during this period as it is pre installed....so what do I do? Please help

A:Acer factory reset stuck on software installation

Hi,Restart the unit, most of the times that should help, Cheers,.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Acer-factory-reset-stuck-on-software-installation/td-p/303222/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

Just received ACER Aspire 5517 from relative who used DBAN to format HDD. Acer has recovery program available, but on many computers there is a second partition that uses the recovery disks to reinstall. DBAN wiped complete HDD. Does anybody know if the aspire uses the second partition, or has anyone used acer recovery software after wiping HDD and been successful. Here's hoping---Thanks

A:Using Acer Aspire Recovery Software After Wipe with DBAN

You should be able to get to the recovery partition from boot by pressing the ALT and F10 while booting.This only works if nothing has happened to the recovery partition.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-acer-aspire-recovery-software-after-wipe-with-dban.1133791/
Relevancy 42.14%

Ok, so earlier today i decided that i needed to restore my laptop to factory default. As you can see from the title, i use an acer laptop which means i used the acer Erecovery software. All went well at first, although it took a stangely long time at a screen which said "setup is starting." The problem now is, I am now stuck on the acer 'software installation screen!' It is stuck at 41/48 where it is trying to install clear.fi v1.0. I think i heard the sound of an error earlier which worries me as i dont want to force restart my laptop as it clearly says not to do that and doing this caused my hard-drive to break last time!
I have been on this screen for about 2 hours now, and will leave it overnight if i have to. I just need to know what to do if it does not fix!

A:Laptop stuck on acer software installation after system restore

Have you categorically rejected the idea of doing a clean install, as opposed to a recovery to factory specs via the Acer software?

Acer software and support being what it is, I'm not surprised by your predicament and don't have a solution to that other than to wait as long as you can stand to see if it sobers up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/249352-laptop-stuck-acer-software-installation-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello -- i am hoping to find some insight on an issue with my Compaq Presario V running on Windows XP i tried to restore original settings with restore disk which - x:\PRELOAD\Windows.w32" NTLDR Missing "cannot open will run for awhile but always ends up with message quot Error Cannot copy file X RELOAD NTLDR Missing - "cannot open x:\PRELOAD\Windows.w32" BASE INP from disk Please eject disc and clean and try again ABORT RETRY IGNORE quot when several attempts to clean disk didn t work i tried NTLDR Missing - "cannot open x:\PRELOAD\Windows.w32" restoring using the F key when i do this i get the error message quot cannot open x PRELOAD Windows w quot after i click okay and it attempts to start i get a black screen saying quot NTLDR is missing quot quot press ctrl alt del to restart quot - but restarting just goes to the same screen based on searching re this problem i hit F upon restart and ran the Hard Disk Self Test the results of which appeared as Quick Pass Comprehensive Pass and S M A R T Pass - which i m assuming is good i m not that knowledgeable about how to interpret all this and am still unsure what to do even after reading some earlier similar threads I would be grateful for suggestions or thoughts anyone might have about other steps i can take to investigate this problem Thank you p s i should add that i recently replaced upgraded my RAM in case related nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

I do see that you have had a similar problem already on this forum but it didn't fix mine (I probably wasn't doing something right).
My Laptop wont start up it goes to the Windows Recovery error page where you have to choose either Launch Startup Repair (recommended) or Start Windows normally. Both of these options lead you to the same result to the Asus Preload Wizard page.
I tried pressing F8 and F9 but didn't get anything.
Appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you

Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k55v-stuck-in-asus-preload-wizard.1137335/
Relevancy 35.26%

I had to buy a new computer A couple months ago I was using an Emachine desktop computer I know Emachines aren t anywhere near being quot the quot but when you come from Tower Old a not so financially stable family you are not greedy Anyway the computer worked for the longest time and I had a separate tower as well The separate tower had Adobe Photoshop on it and that is a program I love to play around in and so I would just take the chord from the back of my Emachines tower that led to the monitor and I would plug it into the older tower without powering down or anything Obviously my first mistake but I didnt knw that at the time So I kept doing this and then one day I went to plug the chord back from the old tower to the Emachines tower and nothing happened It was like the Emachines tower was sending no signal to the monitor anymore I tried different monitors and none of them worked there s something wrong with the tower now Maybe the video card I am computer illiterate to the core so alot of abbreviations tend to stump me If someone could help I would highly appreciate it Being a recent graduate from high school I have pictures on that Emachine tower that I do not want to part with nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Hello there, the tower on my Windows Xp will not come on. It's plugged in, I swear, the monitor will come on just not the tower. Please give me some good advice.

Thank you much,
Elizabeth

Relevancy 35.26%

Im looking to buy a tower to replace my old one. Can anyone give me a link for the best tower with os already on it for around 200-300$.I know that not much but im a broke dude I would like to find at least a 2ghz .

A:What tower should i buy?

Dell outlet would be a good place to start. Personally, I would save up a little more and wait for a good deal at Dell.

This is an example of what they have:

System Price : $269.00

Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home
Memory 512 MB DDR NON-ECC SDRAM 400MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Disk Drive 40 GB EIDE Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
Modem 56Kbps Data/Fax Modem
Base Dimension 3000 Desktop: Intel Pentium 4 Processor (2.80GHz, 533 FSB)
Media Bay 48X Max Variable CD ROM Drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-tower-should-i-buy.54410/
Relevancy 35.26%

hey all I have recently bought a gb seagate sata HD's in One tower Two harddrive to go with my current gb sata harddrive and i think i ve made a right mess of things I installed it fine and everything computer read Two HD's in One tower that is was there etc only i tried to move my files from one hard to another and im sure as you can imagine its all gone pete tong What i was trying to do or aiming to achieve to have one hard drive purely for the OS and the program files that i use and the other for all other filetypes such as documents music and videos etc I have managed to recover some of my data but all of my music a good gbs worth and gbs worth in guitar drum training teaching movies etc etc Is what i m attempting to do possible on windows xp if so how do i do it safely so i don t screw anything else up LOL Many thanks in advance Mikeyprs nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Alright, I have this game named Sim Tower, which is a tad bit slow (but shouldnt be). I can manage to install it fine, and even play it off the CD quite well if I wanted to. Although when I start the game, it automatically goes into fast mode (which means time is fast forwarded until there is activity with the people in the game). It hasnt got too much to do with fast mode, but this is when it effects the game speed a lot (mainly the cursor though). I take fast mode off, and then the cursor drags all over the screen, making it nearly impossible to play. At most last time I got to put in some office floors, but Alt F4 Seemed like the best option after that. I have tried running it in compatability mode, and even with this kinda of patch. Any suggestions on how to stop my cursor from slowing down?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sim-tower.450700/
Relevancy 35.26%

Tech Support Guy System SSD New for tower? old Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total New SSD for old tower? - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - New SSD for old tower? MB G Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Intel Corporation D GCF Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner EnabledClick to expand As shown above I have an older tower that I have modestly upgraded with a SATA DVD drive more RAM and a better video card I was wondering if my system is compatible to a SSD drive and if it is how much would it improve performance Also would I be able to clone my current SATA drive to it nbsp

A:New SSD for old tower?

Well there are three issues I see;
1 Your mb only has sata 2 ports and that will limit or throttle the speed of a modern ssd. It will still be a HUGE improvement over a mech hard disk however you will be somewhat limited.
2 Next issue is that xp [your os] does not support TRIM or wear leveling for the ssd. This causes a degrading of performance over time. Sometimes the drive mfg has a utility that will do basically the same thing. Another option is to make an image of the ssd and store the image on a second hd, external, etc. Once the image is made, boot with parted magic linux and secure erase the ssd. Once the ssd is secure erased, restore the image. This will also restore the ssd drive's speed.
3 XP does not apply the correct partition offset for a ssd. This can be edited manually using linux OR you can create the partitions with a win7/win8 boot disk then install xp.

Other than the above issues, you can install a ssd drive and you will see a significant improvement in performance however not as much as with a modern mb supporting sata3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-ssd-for-old-tower.1154425/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi

I need some info from my old HD. This 'puter was running WIN ME.
I have memory problems that will not allow this to boot or even POST

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2674998#post2674998
My new 'puter is runing XP Home.

I would like to put the old HD into my new machine.
Is this asking for big trouble or should this be ok?

thanks
bm

A:old HD new tower

here's the thing...it depends. if you installed xp on fat32 then yes you can install your old ME HD as a slave and be able to read it...however if you installed xp in NTFS then you'r just plain outta luck. you can't read fat32 with ntfs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-hd-new-tower.370584/
Relevancy 35.26%

So I recently got a used tower from a buddy of mine for free he told me that there was a virus and needed to be cleaned I thought i could install a windows operating system since With Need Serious Help Tower my this was a windows vista and fix Need Serious Help With my Tower it however when i try to run the installation i get a yellow screen and the computer either freezes or crashes before the start up I was thinking of getting a new hard drive for it I also tried running it on safe mode and tried to get to command prompt to type in rstriu exe to be able to restore it but it seems to keep crashing before i can get past the starting screen its an hp pavilion media center m f pc with an amd athlon x dual core processor mb system memory gb hard drive an nvidia gefore se graphics and running windows vista home premium I was thinking of keeping the tower and buying a new processor hard drive and graphic card if needed but i feel like if i change the hard drive it will help i dont know what to do at this point can anybody help nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

hi guys I am trying to connect my pc tower to tv using s video cable.I have A VIDEO CARD raddeon x300 with s video dvi and vga,TOWER IS A SR5010NX COMPAQ PRESARIO..I need help on connecting this tower to an hitachi53 inch projection screen tv.I get a picture black and white. moving screen.. I am using french version of windows vista basic for some reason when i got the pc formated they added vista and in french.can someone please help.THANKS
By the way I LIKE TO THANK THIS FORUM AND THE PEOPLE WHO HELPED ME WITH THE ISSUE I HAD WITH DVD DRIVE. THANKS GUYS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-tower-to-pc-471966.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I am running Windows 2000Pro on a Vectra 400 series tower. The unit seems like a heavy duty work horse, but is a bit noisier than I am used to hearing in a business setting. At a job I left sometime back and in my current position we are using XP on newer and smaller HP towers. They run very quietly. I am trying to set my unit up to do voice-over freelance work. Is there anything I can do to run a bit quieter. Also I downloaded a backup program called LojiklSweep for my system. Any suggestions for checking to make sure they have all of my backup material on file in case this older system takes a dive?

Relevancy 35.26%

im looking for the thermalright 120 i cant find it on newegg at all any help and the cheapest price would be nice

A:Where to buy a true tower 120?

Here you go:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...k_-_Socket_LGA_1366_775_AM2_AM2_AM3_Xeon.html

though I believe the Prolimatech Megahelms often outperforms it, and it is the same price:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...A_775_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_SPECIAL_PRICE_HOT.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-buy-a-true-tower-120.135119/
Relevancy 35.26%

i have no idea whats causing it but it started a few days ago while i was playing lotro but when i would log out of the game it would no longer do it now it is doing it all the time it is coming from the tower itself it is the beep u hear when u first turn the computer on but its constant and other than it the computer is running fine what can i do to stop this? ive ran a spyware scan a virus scan even registry repair and nothing is correcting it ty to anyone that can help me solve this problem

A:My Tower Keeps Beeping

What is the Operating system on this PC,Xp?
This is more likely a hardware issue what is the make and model of the PC?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/147424/my-tower-keeps-beeping/
Relevancy 35.26%

I almost had my tower catch fire because the power supply fan stopped. The cputhermometer software wouldn?t shut it down because the cpu operates at only 40c but the mother board and the other wiring was melting. By the time the cpu would be effected by the ambient temperature it would be too late. I am trying to find a method of sensing an overheating problem which would be an independent stand alone system. Even though my system has fans everywhere and is dust free I still want it to be safe from setting its self on fire when I?m away.
Would someone please know of a solution.

A:tower melt down

This is some interesting reading
It's a pdf document
www.freeweb.hu/t-t/elokep/pic/download/tb067a.pdf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230524/tower-melt-down/
Relevancy 35.26%

will a p2b board fit in a mid-tower?
i have to replace my tower (i believe is a full tower, the cage is nose to nose with the board however)
and need to know if i can use a mid tower?

A:will a p2b board fit in a mid-tower?

p2b board?? Motherboards are described by form form factor. IE... AT, ATX, Baby At, Micro At. I am not sure what p2b means. Do you know what brand and model the motherboard is?

Let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-p2b-board-fit-in-a-mid-tower.114622/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello, i just bought an hp z240 workstation (tower format).I'm trying to configure a transcend m.2 30GB drive. After installing it on the dedicate m.2 slot on the motherboard i can't see it in the bios and even in windows 7.the first drive is connected on sata0 (original 1tb hdd with win 7 installed on it)On bios settings the m.2 slot is enabled. any suggestion? Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/m-2-ssd-on-hp-z240-tower/td-p/5639374
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all

I have a Tuniq Tower 120 on an LGA 775 board.

Does anyone know whether I can get the appropriate rear bracket to fit it on the Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard with an i7 920.

I checked Tuniq's site but they seem to have bought out a new tower for the i7 and I can't find any info on whether it'll fit or I need a bracket(or whether I can get one)

I would have thought the original 120 would do a good job cooling an i7 and I don't want to spend more than I need.

Anyone know anything or have any comments?

Thanks, John

A:Can I use my Tuniq Tower 120 with this lot?

I don't own one.

A little web searching makes it look like Tuniq hasn't produced a backplate and retention bracket for this model for Socket 1366.

I suppose that they could if they wished. My cooler is a Thermalright Ultra 120. It was an existing product to which Thermalright added Socket 1366 support. (Works well on an I7 920 at 3.8 GHz.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/26247-can-i-use-my-tuniq-tower-120-lot.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I just purchased a new PC tower. I stayed with Windows 7 because didn't like the way 10 functioned. The tower is thin. The one feature I don't like is the DVD drawer is vertical. Can I lay it on its side if I put legs on the tower to allow for the circulation for the cooling fan? I have a couple of older grandchildren (H.S. & College) that come to the house and use the computer. I know that they are careful, but I have a concern about their use of the DVD/CD drawer.
mthumjdo

Relevancy 35.26%

Ok, i have a great idea, it may be idiotic so that is why i am posting this here.. to get some feedback.

I have gotten my cpu down to 32 C when idle using arctic silver 5.

That is very good, yet I am still not satisfied!

I know that water cooling is even better, but even that can only get the temperature down to as cool as the ambient room temperature is , correct? which would be only as low as about 22C then.

My idea is.... buy a small refrigerator or freezer and put my whole cpu tower inside!!

this should get the temperature down to about 0C or lower with a freezer!

Anytime I want to use the cd drive, i simply open the freezer door, not a big deal! This also allows me to overclock a lot!

What does anyone think of this idea? Would it somehow be dangerous?

appreciate any input thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

hi it is my first time hear and oi hope some one can help me

i have a new motherboard and tower and i would like to keep my old hard drive and put it in the new one as the primery as ther is a lot of important info can some tell me how to do this THANKS

A:ne mobo and tower, would like to use old hdd.

davet said:

i have a new motherboard and tower and i would like to keep my old hard drive and put it in the new one as the primery as ther is a lot of important info can some tell me how to do this THANKSClick to expand...

Hi and welcome :wave:
Plugging in the HDD is easy, only has one connector for the data and a molex for the power. Jumper settings are on the info sticker ontop your HDD. The most you'll run into is windows xp not booting properly, in which a windows Repair *Not a Reinstall/Format* will fix.

If you have any more questions, please start a new thread in the HDD and Network section of the forum with an appropriate title.

N3051M

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ne-mobo-and-tower-would-like-to-use-old-hdd.61364/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building another computer. It's been awhile so, I propose the question: If you could buy any ATX Tower Case which one would it be and why? My price range is 65.00-150.00 and or there any sites a could visit to compare and contrast the cases? Thanks!

Relevancy 35.26%

I thought I had started a "help!" thread on this subject earlier today, but can't find it. Must have had a "senior moment" and not licked the submit button!
Here is my problem:
I see a tutorial on the HP site that explains how to add a PATA to my new machine (Adding or Replacing a Hard Drive HP Pavilion p6347c Desktop PC - HP technical support (Ireland - English)), but it remains a mystery to me how to match any of my connectors to the old drive. I see no parallel cable anywhere! And if I need to go and buy one, where the hell is the connection on the motherboard? The tutorial assumes I know all this, but if I did, I wouldn't need the tutorial.

A:installing IDE in new tower.

Look for a blue connector next to the 24pin power connector. I can see it in the manual
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01859455.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102038-installing-ide-new-tower.html
Relevancy 35.26%

hI I am new to this site not sure if I have come to the right place or not??
I know absolutely nothing about computers.
I hooked up a used tower it worked great for 15 mins then comp. froze. tried to reboot and orange light came on moniter stayed black..tower is not making any beeps at all..Can some one help???

A:Tower Not Working

Do you happen to have any of the computer's specs you can post?
Problems like this could be a number of things, but my guess is either dead PSU or motherboard.

Let's start here: open up the case, and see if there are any led lights on the motherboard that are lit up, even when the power is off, as long as it is plugged in you should get something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-not-working.38498/
Relevancy 35.26%

I'm looking to upgrade my dad's computer setup. He has a Gateway with Windows 98 -- all hardware from around '97 or '98. It needs upgraded so I wanted to get something like this new tower, but he wants to keep the same monitor. Will a 10+ year old monitor work with a modern tower?

A:Getting a new tower for old monitor

it will definitely work , it will just look like crap.. its totally worth getting an LCD if what you currently have is an older CRT monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-a-new-tower-for-old-monitor.979855/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello Everyone tower will turn off not The problem that I am having with my system is that every time I click the shutdown icon and when the message appears tower will not turn off telling me it is now safe to turn off my computer I press the power button nothing happens the message on my screen is still on press serveral times even hold the power button in for couple of minutes and still it will not turn off I went into BIOS and there is nothing in it to cofigure the power mode or the shutdown I am at loss here I check for virus spyware and tower will not turn off every thing else that I can thing of using professional mechanic and another thing the lights for the power status and hard drive are not on the reset button does not even work when I press it also the sleep button my motherboard is a GFXcel PC in which i will like to disassemble and clean but i do not have a manual for it and that i will be confuse and lost with the power connections when it comes to reconnection Any suggestions

A:tower will not turn off

Check here: PC Chips
Just search for the board

Or here
There is a download at the bottom of the page for the manual.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tower-will-not-turn-off-99353.html