Windows Support Forum

ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

Q: ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

nbsp Brand new TC- nbsp Windows Pre installed nbsp Internet connection should be up to mb s and am only getting just under sec nbsp Internet provider came out to check modem I'm on a wired connection btw nbsp Their laptop connected at mb s but the PC still only showed at it's best testing nbsp They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days Is this a Windows issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues - Horrible Internet speed Win10 ATC-710-ES61 issue... with the netword card adaptor what is ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... it called nbsp nbsp I am going to get the owner my dad in another city to turn off auto update uninstall mcafee bloat and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason nbsp Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem network adaptor sorry I'm not sure what it's called nbsp Also regarding the modem adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause nbsp His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this Thanks nbsp Solved Go to Solution

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/ATC-710-ES61-Horrible-Internet-speed-Win10-issue-or-Network/td-p/428001/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 127.1%

nbsp Brand new TC- nbsp Windows Pre installed nbsp Internet connection should be up to mb s and am only getting just under sec nbsp Internet provider came out to check modem I'm on a wired connection btw nbsp Win10 Internet Horrible - issue... ATC-710-ES61 speed Their laptop connected at mb s but the PC still only showed at it's best testing nbsp They had no solution and my window to return is up in the next couple days Is this a Windows issue that can be easily remedied or are there issues with the netword card adaptor what is it called nbsp nbsp I am going to get the owner my dad ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... in another city to turn off auto update uninstall mcafee bloat and try the speed test on chrome and firefox to ensure it is not Windows Edge for whatever reason nbsp Any other owners with this issue or can anyone suggest a fix or a way to test his modem network adaptor sorry ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... I'm not sure what it's called nbsp Also regarding the modem adaptor - what does this PC come with - I want him to ensure it's driver firmware or whatever is up todate and not the cause nbsp His old computer was a Windows Vista relic but ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue... the speed was always near it's max so this thing with all it's power etc is no good for him like this Thanks nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:ATC-710-ES61 Horrible Internet speed - Win10 issue...

ok, let's wait an answer about the Realtek driver.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/ATC-710-ES61-Horrible-Internet-speed-Win10-issue-or-Network/m-p/428001
Relevancy 74.82%

Using: Windows Vista Home Premium

Model: Dell Inspiron 1525

Connected to home router and the connection speed says its fully connected.

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (free)

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual Core

used space: 54 GB
Free Space: 81 GB
I got my laptop a year ago today so it is pretty new.
I clear cookies and cache often. I have firefox. It SAYS my internet connection is 100 PERCENT CONNECTED.
Is this a router problem? The home computer (connected by wires) is perfectly fine and the router is a TP-Link. It is sharing 1 desktop computer and 1 laptops.
I turned off Avast and firewall and still no difference.
Are there any other tests i can do?

I would appreciate any help, and although i know quite a bit about computers, I', 13 and learning still.
Please help, i will check this daily and do whatever it takes.
P.S. What are tags? lol

A:....:::::horrible internet speed--plese help:::::....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horrible-internet-speed-plese-help.897643/
Relevancy 66.22%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 61.06%

I have sbc yahoo dsl and i can only download at around 20 k/b a second. I have a speedstream 5100 modem, and a GVC-REALTEK Ethernet 10/100 PCI Adapter as my network. I am not sure about the card itself, it's been three years since i bought this computer and im not even sure where to check which version it is. If anyone can help me download a little faster, that would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

A:Horrible DSL speed

What is the line speed of your DSL connection? You can do a speed test by going to broadbandreports.com and look to the left of the page. Do a speed test if you have'nt already to see what the actual speed of your connection is. Line speed will greatly influence your downloads. Also, what are you downloading? Are you downloading off a P2P network? If so depending on the connection of the user you are downloading from, you will only download as fast as they are able to upload or send you the data.

I would start here and report back on the above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horrible-dsl-speed.379822/
Relevancy 59.77%

As it is shown here. I has been waiting for roughly a minute or two but nothing happens. The page has finished loading (no circling dots) but the content just doesn't show. I'm running the latest Fast Ring Preview version and have Adblock installed. And I have also posted this in the Edge feedback page already, mind you.

A:Horrible rendering speed for certain websites

Could be an Adblock bug. Try disabling and report as a bug if it's an issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/433398-horrible-rendering-speed-certain-websites.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Just so you know I m not My is and - connection and Speed Download just tricks? tips horrible! very good with IT mambo jambo nor am I very good at the techy part of computers but not completely retarded Anyway the problem These are my computer specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free My Download Speed and connection is just horrible! - tips and tricks? - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F None of that means too much too me but I know my laptop isn t very good when it comes too graphics etc Basically i ve just been on speedtest com and done a speed test this is my results -- I ve uploaded an image of the results I know my dad always mentions My Download Speed and connection is just horrible! - tips and tricks? too me that we are right on the outside of exchange so our speeds are limited too like mb s so is there anyway of getting this speed higher or finding out if BT will upgrade the exchange too make our speeds better Oh and when uploading too youtube a minute video gb roughly in size can take anywhere from mins - mins is this because of the connection or my laptop being useless or a combination of both So really i m in need of a lengthy explanation because im retarded haha Thanks guys nbsp

A:My Download Speed and connection is just horrible! - tips and tricks?

Best you could do with your connection speed is to probably
get some video editing software and scale down the video.
That is a huge file for just 10 minutes.
2 hour DVD movies are only 4.5 GB or 9GB.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-download-speed-and-connection-is-just-horrible-tips-and-tricks.1036867/
Relevancy 58.05%

Ok, I'm stumped by my internet issue. Maybe you can shed some light on it.

Ping is averaging 11000ms, upload 0.01-0.07, download 0.2-0.4
Here's the setup: AT&T modem --> Linksys Router --> 2 simple switches --> computers

What I tried:
1. I plugged in a laptop directly to the modem and speed is back to normal.
2. I swapped out a cat 5 cable between the modem and router and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.
3. I swapped out the router with a new one and speed was back to normal for a few minutes, then bad again.

So the router is fine. I don't think it's the switches if everything is working fine for a couple minutes. Also, my wireless is fast and then bad again when I tried swapping stuff out.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.05%

I'm running a DSL connection from a router to my wireless laptop. Regularly my speeds aren't quite as advertised but I still get 2-4 Mb/s generally. Lately it seems my web browsing has been sluggish and doing a speed test, this is proven.

However, bittorrent downloads go much faster than normal browsing.

Can anyone explain to me why this might be? I thought my slow speed could be due to my latency, but that doesn't explain to me why bittorrent is so much faster!

Relevancy 58.05%

Welcome and well met Here s my computer laptop specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Speed issue Internet Processor L AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus None I have internet service from excede by wildblue satellite with a cable modem It s supposed to be up to Mbps Average I m getting is around - Mbps according to speedtest net The site also says I m accessing the net from Stanton MI I happen to live just north of Chicago IL Share the internet with my sister who has an older desktop with Windows Internet Speed issue XP on it Last weekend I bought a new router from MicroCenter A Netgear N Wireless Dual Band Gigabit WNDR v Both my laptop and my sister s desktop are plugged in Internet Speed issue to it Hasn t helped from what I can see I use IE for my browser I ve tried Firefox and Chrome and didn t find either of them any faster than this Can anyone tell me why my speed is so bad Is it my desktop Maybe my cat e cable is old My biggest gripe right now is that watching videos STINKS online Also I enjoy playing certain Facebook games like Journeys of Jesus and Disney Ghost of Mystwood They re horribly slow to load Can anyone offer me any suggestions of what could be causing the slow-down Thank you nbsp

A:Internet Speed issue

That is not a bad speed at all. The advertized speed is the maximum, rarely achieved in real situations. The location of your internet connection is where WildBlue's servers connect you to the internet.

Not sure what to say about your video problem except that when I had a 2 mbps connection, I watched YouTube without many delays. A lower quality feed may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-issue.1089717/
Relevancy 58.05%

Okay here s a real head-scratch-er About days ago I started noticing some serious speed issues with web browsing while using my wireless router Every once in a while I will notice little differences during what may be peak hours and whatnot Internet issue Serious speed but this is far worse I decided to do a speed and ping test and I got an F on my network that Serious Internet speed issue normally receives a low A or high B I ran a gamut of spyware tests and I am clear there Anyway the real thing that is confusing me is I attempted to connect via a hardline the cable I use to connect to my wireless router so I at least Serious Internet speed issue know it s functional but the network was unidentifiable and I could not get an internet connection but when I reconnected my wireless router and let everything restart I was able to connect wirelessly using the same modem that would not connect me through an ethernet cable I have a Belkin n wireless router and I would appreciate any help available Thanks nbsp

A:Serious Internet speed issue

Are you remembering to power cycle (unplug for 30 seconds) the modem when switching the device connected to it?

What download/upload do you get with a connection directly to the modem with Speedtest.net? With an ethernet connection to the router? With a wireless connection to the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-internet-speed-issue.1045478/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys Recently my internet has been extremely slow but only on my computer I built the current PC I am using and I also built Internet Speed Issue Download my previous one which my little Internet Download Speed Issue brother uses His download speed is fine average at mb s my partners laptop download speed is averaging at mb s thats with a bar signal as well yet my download speed is this http www speedtest net result png That's the thing I don't get my PC is a lot more powerful than my previous one as well I have ran Virus scans though AVG Disk Clean ups Defrags Malwarebytes scans for Malware yet that doesn't seem to help at all although I got rid of Malware issues which was good I have re-installed and updated my Ethernet drivers and that also hasn't done a thing I have had a look on Google went through a lot of forums and tried out different approaches to this without success so any help would be extremely appreciated I am connecting with a Network cable via a Netgear Wireless N Modem Router - Model DGN I have tried running safe mode and the internet speed is still the same I replaced my cable with a new CAT Cable and also tried switching ports on the router which also didn't work Last night I disabled my windows firewall and my antivirus and then ran speedtest and the speed got up to a maximum of mb s which is a big change from mb s This didnt last long though but it did stay the same after I turned everything back on I used to use AVG but deleted that and installed MSE once I scanned with that I found a Java exploit virus and a virtool win obfuscator xz virus I removed the Java exploit but failed to remove the virtool win obfuscator xz I decided I would try and get rid of its origin some game ISO's I had which are now deleted But I think this virus is still lingering and messing with my computer I dont know if it is directly causing issues with my internet but the speed of my internet feels like its slowly degrading everyday I have been through some other forums about this virus and I tried to follow the great advice of Jacee but I cant download any of the tools to do the job that she is asking I am almost at the point of re-installing Windows as this getting extremely frustrating All your help will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to your replys

A:Internet Download Speed Issue

Hi NomadAU, welcome to Seven Forums.

I recently had similar problems with my Netgear DGN2000. It would download on my wired desktop pc at a snails pace. On my laptop, speed was excellent. When I wired my laptop to my router it would load my home page only and gave No Internet connection. If I moved the ethernet cable to any other ports on the router to my desktop pc it would give No Internet connection.
Removing all connection related settings from both pc's and resetting router to factory default did nothing to improve anything. So I bought a Netgear DGN2200v3, now normal service resumed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288289-internet-download-speed-issue.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I hate to bring this up as I am not shure if it is a site problem, or my slow internet speed.

Often when viewing a forum page here the page [freezes] if I take too long reading or composing a reply or post.
The navigation links quit working and I have to refresh the page to get going again. More of a nuisance really than a real problem.
Sometimes even the post/reply button does not work and when I refresh the page before posting I loose the post and have to rewrite it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590666/site-issue-or-my-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I just recently last week built a computer I am currently using a year ish old Belkin N wireless adapter as my motherboard does not have built in wifi My download speed is significantly slower than my girlfriend s laptop and sometimes ping tests show up to - packet loss it s kind of off and on seemingly random I ve tried fixing the issue on my own to no avail I m really far away from the router but I don t think it s an issue because it consistently says I have - bars My next step is to purchase a new adapter this one seems pretty cheap It may also be an issue with an quot network icontrol quot feature on my motherboard I m gonna go through this thread and throw all the information from ipconfig and ping tests in here I would really appreciate any help at all I m not very good with networking at all thank you Edit Router serial number is a c b and the modem s n is ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows IP Configuration Host Name Reina Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List neo rr com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix neo rr com Description Belkin USB Wireless Adaptor Physical Address issue loss Internet speed/packet - - B- C-F -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c dea f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Internet speed/packet loss issue Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -DE- - F- - - B- C-F -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap neo rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Internet speed/packet loss issue No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B FCA- - B- FB- E DD D DD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round Internet speed/packet loss issue trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Users Greg gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It seems to be cooperating at the moment though if I encounter issues I will post the results of all these tests again Thank you guys for any help at all nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hello I m new here I been trying to fix this for quite a while and I basically ran out of ideas So I am hoping you guys might have a fix for me The problem I have is this computer here is experiencing really slow internet speeds about - Kilobits Sec while all other computers in my house is Internet New Thread Help Start Couldn't Issue Speed getting - kilobits Sec My ISP is comcast mbps we have IP s available Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread I am getting one IP and am not running behind a router Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread the other ip is to the router and splitting to everybody else Heres a few things I done so far I rebooted in safemode and done adaware scan full system I ran hijackthis and norton AV All clear I adjusted my TCP IP settings to MaxMTU TCPRwin TTL MTU Discovery Yes Black Hole Detect No Selective ACKs Yes Max Duplicate ACKs Windows Scaling Enabled I uninstalled all protocols not in use Such as QOS packet scheduler Disabled and uninstalled I updated Modem drivers and NIC drivers I Tried to test it with no firewall I tried connecting to the router that every other computer was on I tried plugging cable modem directly to my computer with no other users sharing I am sure there is no spyware Malware Virus in my computer I ran netstat in MS-DOS prompt to see if there was anything that might be using my bandwidth nothing there I have no idea what is going on Computer Specs MotherBoard A V X-LA Athlon XP Windows XP Ghz Mhz FSB degrees C Gig RAM DDR GB Harddrive GB Free Network Card Via Rhine II VT Driver Ver Internet Browser Internet Explorer Tried FireFOX too Please help me nbsp

A:Help Internet Speed Issue Couldn't Start New Thread

I don't have any idea why you couldn't start a new thread, just click on the New Thread at the top left of the page. I've moved your post to a new thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-internet-speed-issue-couldnt-start-new-thread.692534/
Relevancy 55.47%

Ok here is my prob My lil' bro had finished with the computer and decided instead of doing a clean shut down he just switched off the power supply from the back of MY pc it is custom built so I have access to Horrible Issue PC interior upon starting it back up it hung at Horrible PC Issue the bios boot screen trying to identify my two dvd cd drives and so Horrible PC Issue eventually it took to long so I aborted the auto thingy in the boot screen It then proceeded to hand at the windows loading screen for min and then when I finally was able to login the desktop did not show up and then finally did after like min I am now here but every probably second or so the computer freezes and comes back the mouse hangs and the whole computer is unbelievabley slow i tried to boot into safe mode but it just sat at the loading screen for min so I gave up I also tried to use the recovery console on the boot disk but when I boot the disk it runs through loading everything and then at the bottom just says windows is starting and nothing happens I am pondering wut to do any ides PLZ HELP

A:Horrible PC Issue

Hi,

Go in and clear the CMOS by removing the battery for about ten minutes.

Report back with questions/concerns/progress.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/horrible-pc-issue-109220.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Today my internet speed had slowed down and i received a Speed Server slowed Shutdown down! has Internet issue DCOM + DCOM Server Process Launcher shutdown message My connection gives me KB s but today i was only getting KB s I called my ISP they told me to run a few commands including quot netstat -n Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue quot and they said that Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue my computer was infected with malware And my computer has become quite slow I tried running GMER i got BSOD HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe D Program Files Online Armor OAcat exe D Program Files Online Armor oasrv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE D Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system dgdersvc exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C WINDOWS system FsUsbExService Exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHInst exe D PROGRA GFI GFIBAC GFIHSC EXE D Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe D Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXE C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe D Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe d Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe D Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE D Program Files Online Armor OAui exe D Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe D Program Files TortoiseHg TortoiseHgOverlayServer exe D Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe D Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe D Program Files Online Armor OAhlp exe D Program Files GreedyTorrent GTor exe D Program Files Codebox BitMeter BitMeter exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE D Program Files Logitech SetPointG SetPointII exe D PROGRAM FILES ATHAN ATHAN EXE D Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings IbnSaeed Local Settin... Read more

A:Internet Speed has slowed down! + DCOM Server Shutdown issue

Hiya

Sorry for the lateness in a reply, but these forums are very busy

Are you still having this problem? If so, can you rescan with the DDS and HijackThis and post the fresh logs

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-has-slowed-down-dcom-server-shutdown-issue.946204/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys. I've recently gotten 2 dual monitors and hooked them up to my Macbook Pro but now things have fps issues especially games. The Fps will just have a seizure and rapidly move inside the range of 10-60 making it impossible to play. As far as I know my macbook should have enough power to handle 2 monitors.

Before the dual monitors Windows 7 ran perfectly on my macbook pro and all my games had steady 60fps. However when I trade to play those same games on Mac my fps would be in the 30s. BUT, now that I have dual monitors my fps and performance on windows 7 has gone to utter crap but those same games that didn't work as well on mac now have perfectly normal fps.... It literally makes no sense.

Is there anyone to fix this?

A:Horrible FPS/Performance issue with dual monitors

Depends on your hardware. Typically in Windows with a dual monitor configuration, gaming only occurs on the primary monitor. In any case, it requires a lot more power to drive twice the resolution (assuming you are gaming on both monitors as a single screen).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/horrible-fps-performance-issue-with-dual-monitors.1104222/
Relevancy 52.89%

I really thought that dell improved, but clearly no!!

You guys just refuse to learn from your past sins.

The SR number is attached, this is for a brand new top of the line XPS 13 machine.
This supposedly super piece of machine had debris in the screen.

While this is bad still acceptable, however what boggles me is the customer support.
I have been reporting this issue and have been pushed from one dell department to another...without anybody helping me.

Why can't you show some customer service empathy and solve my *** issue!!!!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19997042
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I'll try to make this short but it's complicated Recently my computer died After it died it would turn on issue. safe boot get mode/past Horrible Can't into bios even for a few seconds then off turn on for a few seconds then off keeps repeating After some troubleshooting I Horrible boot issue. Can't even get into safe mode/past bios decided it was the mobo so I replaced it with a similar board LG SuperMicro MBD-X SAX-O to fit triple channel ram and my i - processor Put all my parts in then the computer finally booted I am able now to get into bios but when the computer tries to boot windows it is ULTRA SLOW and stays stuck at quot Windows is loading quot screen I then tried to boot from a Windows CD but it won't even let me get that far I also tried Hiren's Boot CD Hiren's BootCD Fan amp Discussion Platform and boot mini windows XP from the CD STILL could not get past the windows loading screen F didn't work at all for any of the CDs to get into safe mode or anything Can't get that far If there's a way to change the Mobo to expect sticks of ram perhaps that's the WMD message then I don't know how on this bios I really need help badly So far I can only get into bios and i navigated but couldn't do much Here's a picture of where it's stuck And a Pic of the WMD Info My Desktop x GB Sticks of Corsair MB MHz ram V ver SuperMicro MBD-X SAX-O Mobo new one i - processor Watt Power Supply x ATI Radeon crossfired graphics cards GB solid state HD Windows Pro OS is on this one TB Storage HDD Both drives are pretty full but i don't think that should stop it from booting PLEASE HELP

A:Horrible boot issue. Can't even get into safe mode/past bios

Hi from Sevenforums,

Have you tried Each Memory Module one at a time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331685-horrible-boot-issue-cant-even-get-into-safe-mode-past-bios.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I logged onto my computer a few weeks ago and went to use the internet and it would work well for the first search but after that it would not even load up the page this also occured with my other browsers, and in multiplayer games it would have a ping(how long it takes for an action on the client to reach the server) to be 988ms when it should normally be at a maximum of 300ms. i tested one of my family members laptop and it worked normally I even plugged my computer directly into the router and it still did not work properly. is there any way to fix this? more details can be provided if necessary and defined.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/horrible-internet-usage/td-p/5723720
Relevancy 51.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor x Family Model Virus internet? horrible of Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard h Antivirus avast Antivirus Disabled I have AVG enabled don t know why it Virus of horrible internet? won t show I also have AVG PC tune up I am not sure if this is either a virus or a software malfunction Virus of horrible internet? because of that I am going to post it here The problem I am having is that since I have done this my internet is absoultly horrible If I could put it into works it be like a man who was very healthy and went into war Everything was good except when he stepped on a landmine and lost both his arms and legs and now only has his mouth to crawl forward Eh I should actually tell you what happened days ago I downloaded a game off of a website Now I was assured that it held no viruses It was verified it was a good website to download things and in the comments it said there were many people who said it wasn t a bad file So I wanted to download this file so I did Now I should tell you that before it happened My speed was that I could watch a p video with no interruptions or any buffering I could right click on a PNG and it would take a second or to load and I could click on a website with many things attached to it and that would be loaded up in a matter of seconds Now to what happened I downloaded the game without my antivirus program saying there were any viruses on the computer I opened it and it was working properly and when I closed it my internet was working fine Strange eh Well I didn t have my browser opened at the time while I had my game on When I had my browser on Google Chrome I had opened the game The game was slower to open previously but I thought that was because I had my browser on So I was playing the game and I decided quot Hey looking for cheats would be a good thing quot and so I had done that The website for the cheats was on a wiki page I did look for it and I could see that the internet was slower as before I thought this was because of the game I did this multiple times before and when I was done I turned off my browser When I was done with the game I turned that off as well later that night I desided to go on to youtube to look at some videos When I did I noticed that loading up to the youtube website was longer then I have done previous times before I thought that was strange When I loaded into a video for some reason the video was set to p so I set it up to the usual p I used The video then was taking a remarkably long time to load So I tried other videos to see if this was the only one It wasn t I then decided to check out facebook twitter ect like normally they were very slow to load up and the pictures photos within were also taking a long time to load The websites were taking several minutes the photos minutes and when I ran p on videos I had buffering I checked my router and computer to check if anything was out of place Nothing was So I defraggeled my computer and also ran disk clean up to see if I had any cloggy stuff in here I did so and the internet was still going bad I decided to call it a night and go to sleep to see if it just needed a break to work everything out I got up did my stuff and got on the computer to check to see if the problem was dealt with If it did I wouldn t be writing this right now I got annoyed deleted the game then I ran system restore made it run to a time in which I didn t download the game and when that was done I ran my antivirus system to be sure After all of that I checked my browser and atlas I still had the same problem I decided to do a little test and check if it was the internet or the computer itself I ran a different game of mine and it went quite smooth for the time I played So my thoughts is that while I was playing the game and... Read more

A:Virus of horrible internet?

I should say that I have tried multiple browsers and they all came with the same speed problem as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-of-horrible-internet.1154254/
Relevancy 51.17%

I live in an area with no internet option other than phone company Satellite is not an option due to how much we use and we are in a cell dead solution Need for HORRIBLE internet zone We use Xbox s and computers on the internet We pay for mbps and it s speed averages mbps At Need solution for HORRIBLE internet times it s as low as and on it s best days it hits during non peak time I have the company on speed dial we have tried every option they say I just have to accept my internet might not be useable fur anything other than checking email They are very rude I have asked them if buying a new modem would help and they say no I also asked about getting a second phone line and separate internet setup would help and they say no Do you think a separate phone line and internet connection for xbox s would help Or do you have any other suggestion I have lived here my entire life and am tempted to move because this frustrates me so much Thank you nbsp

A:Need solution for HORRIBLE internet

On the bright side, at least you can get DSL; dialup would be much, much worse.

A second line with DSL would experience the same problems I would think. The advantage is that fewer devices would have to share each internet service. If you go this route see if you can get the second line without voice service (called "bare DSL" and "naked DSL" and other terms) to save a little money.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-solution-for-horrible-internet.1154806/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. I just received this laptop Asus KSeries 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive K55A-SI50301P - Best Buy which for two days has been getting terrible internet speeds around 50-50kbps with Wireless N on a network which gets 2-3 mbps download speed on an old b/g laptop.

I have reset the Modem and Router since I initially got a warning on the older laptop that there was another device on the network using the same IP address, but it hasn't returned. I've run the Network Troubleshooter which finds nothing, and reset the adapter. It is fully Updated and has the latest driver, running the Factory install.

Needless to say this will be a deal-killer if I can't resolve it.

A:New laptop getting horrible internet speeds

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Hi. I just received this laptop Asus KSeries 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive K55A-SI50301P - Best Buy which for two days has been getting terrible internet speeds around 50-50kbps with Wireless N on a network which gets 2-3 mbps download speed on an old b/g laptop.

I have reset the Modem and Router since I initially got a warning on the older laptop that there was another device on the network using the same IP address, but it hasn't returned. I've run the Network Troubleshooter which finds nothing, and reset the adapter. It is fully Updated and has the latest driver, running the Factory install.

Needless to say this will be a deal-killer if I can't resolve it.

Hi Greg, I went through all the reviews at both BestBuy and Newegg, not a single complaint about wireless problems or slow internet speeds which was surprising.

Of course if it were me I'd remove all the preinstalled bloatware first thing then go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/285059-new-laptop-getting-horrible-internet-speeds.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm having several problems with my computer for the last few Horrible Problem Internet Browser days or even a whole week now When I start the computer after putting in the Horrible Internet Browser Problem password it would take a long time to load and eventaully it would however it only shows the desktop wallpaper and even then maybe - mins of wait until everyhing pops up and starts to completely load Then my quot Ad-Watch SE Professional quot would load and while i do get some usual errors lastly I've been getting about Mal-ware aler that are harmful to my computer To make matters worse whenever I would open a new link in my INternet Explorer the broswer would often freeze for secs and then a quot Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close quot After forcing to go thought that that started to happen in my folders of my computer too In fact at one point it was so bad that when I opened one folder and stayed there for at least a min it would freeze up like the Internet Explorer error and then get the problem error again Each time I get those errors the whole desktop reloads Please I would really like some help with this horrible problem Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exec Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ps exeC hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmgr exeC Program Files D-Tools daemon exeC Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbkbmon exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Professional Ad-Watch exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exeC Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exeC Program Files Updates from HP Program Updates from HP exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS explorer exeC Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dllO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeO - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Pr... Read more

A:Horrible Internet Browser Problem

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum pirajacinto My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Your version of Sun Java is out of date.Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Sun Java,and then update.1. Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)2. Scroll down to where it says 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u2'.3. Click the "Download" button to the right.4. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".5. The page will refresh.6. Click on the link to download 'Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language' and save to your desktop.7. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.8. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.9. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.10. Click the Change/Remove button.11. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.12. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.13. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.*NOTE*If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version and download it again from below. Download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108714/horrible-internet-browser-problem/
Relevancy 50.31%

The apartment complex I recently moved into has internet provided by Hotwire Communications. It's somewhat decent throughout the day but during the night 10pm - 1am (which I'm guessing is peak usage time) it gets horrible.

Here's a ping test I ran from one of the nights that I saved, but I don't even think that does it justice.

http://i.imgur.com/qZrqI.png

It seems like I'm experiencing closer to a whopping 2 second input delay in online games. I'm guessing this is a bandwidth related issue considered it only occurs during certain hours, but I'm not sure I don't know as much as a lot of the people on this forum

Anyway, besides getting the apartment complex to do something on their end (they really suck), is there ANYTHING I can do to improve performance on my end? Any tweaks or anything?

Thanks so much!

A:Apartment complex has horrible internet. Any suggestions?

Sounds like a shard connection. Your bandwidth goes down as others use the connection. With 10 people, you get 1/10th of the bandwidth.

About all you can do is pay to have your own connection installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apartment-complex-has-horrible-internet-any-suggestions.1037830/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I am having a problem with this thing coming up in the corner by the clock, it is a light blue sheild and if I click on it, it brings up this screen that says it's scanning my computer for viruses. When I try to go online the screen comes up and says something like: cannot direct to internet explorer, then there are options to scan computer for viruses, purchase safe internet browsing or get more information.
It also would not let me go to my control panel (gave me a little error box).

I went to safe mode and did a system restore, so that is how I am on the internet now, but could someone help me figure out what is going on in my computer? Thank you in advance!

I think I have Windows xp and internet explorer 8. (if that helps)

~Anna~

A:Horrible virus not letting me go on the internet [Computer 2]

Hello,

I have reopened this topic and edited the topic title to indicate that this is a different computer from the one for which you have posted logs. To avoid confusion and hopefully further delays, I have deleted your latest topic that you created today: the one that duplicates this one.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/287320/horrible-virus-not-letting-me-go-on-the-internet-computer-2/
Relevancy 50.31%

For the past couple of days I was infected with a infamous Trojan Sirefef XX XX meaning more than one e g Trojan Sirefef GY Trojan Sirefef problem! Horrible DNS Trojan.Sirefef / Internet JZ etc from a some sort of virus installer disguising itself as Horrible Trojan.Sirefef / Internet DNS problem! a quot Adobe Flash Player Installer quot Up until now I had run soo many programs to remove them which were Malwarebytes found other Trojan's - Not related ESET Online Scanner Found viruses cant remember CCleaner Norton Power Eraser Interesting - Found revouninpro exe as a bad startup turbofire controller file services exe can't remove SuperAntiSpyware Found the Trojan Sirefef - Triggering Bitdefender to find related Sirefefs and deleted them Bitdefender Total Security haven't scanned with yet To add on to that Malwarebytes was constantly blocking a svchost exe process that was trying to open malicious websites outgoing Right now of what I have currently done I'm not getting the svchost exe problem anymore but suddenly my Internet is not working in the normal mode of windows only Safe Mode what I'm using now quot DNS Server Isn't Responding quot Great Whenever I try and edit the preferred DNS settings to those I saw on vids and other forums it still wouldn't work Using ipconfig flushdns registerdns renew all those wouldn't work I noticed that the events in Bitdefender were going up like it was detecting something Trojan - However for some reason I can't view it What should I do now How should I fix my internet How can I remove the Virus once and for all Thanks

A:Horrible Trojan.Sirefef / Internet DNS problem!

So I've ran TDSSkiller and there were no threats found.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/horrible-trojan-sirefef-internet-dns-problem-664814.html
Relevancy 49.88%

hi right basically i m a student living with friends in a shared house and i ve come to you guys before for help but my housemate is having the problem this time he went to download a file from limewire ahem but once opened it projected multiple pop ups on his screen changed the colour of his desktop items and put a search engine in the task bar this has progressively got worse over a two hour period been my has friends hit some horrible horrible PC by trojans! in which we think more trojans have been downloaded onto his system the computer is running on - CPU usage most of the time he now cant access most programmes including the internet although this varies and he can sporadically access some programmes so my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans! er i m at a loss to do anything but analyse what i ve my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans! seen and type that lot up my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans! there so any of you fantastic people have any suggestions as to what the next move is it d be much appreciated cheers guys nbsp

A:my friends PC has been hit by some horrible horrible trojans!

Hi, PauL7.

Welcome to TSG.

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-friends-pc-has-been-hit-by-some-horrible-horrible-trojans.516943/
Relevancy 49.88%

Ok.

I just recently had this problem with my internet that was caused by this certain file-sharing program named iMesh. Apparently the newest version doesn't go too well with Windows XP Home Edition, and it screwed up the operating system so that I wouldn't be able to access internet.

Now we got the computer fixed, but it required some heavy tinkering with the WINDOWS folder. As a result, some programs quit to work, but reinstalling them solved the problem.

Apparently not all of them, thought.

.avi files no longer work on my computer. When I try to play them on WinAmp, the infamous "this file doesn't exist" error happens. When I try to play it on Windows Media Player, it says "file type not supported". I tried updating my DivX codecs, downloaded Winamp 5, heck, I even got the XviD codecs. Still doesn't work. I have no idea of what to do.

Relevancy 49.45%

A little over a month ago I bought the latest version of Malware Bytes (also installed Anti-Ransomware). Since then I've noticed that my system hitches, stammers or hesitates, very briefly, when certain programs are loading (including FireFox and VLC player or Not Responding messages). Also, since I've had Win10 and friends have had the same issues, when we go to certain secure sites we have to re-enter our information twice.

In other words I'll put in a username and password for a particular site, hit login and the login page just refreshes and requires the login again. I've done some basic hardware checks to eliminate that as a possibility of the hesitation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50087-win10-malwarebytes-issue.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I am having a .NET 4.5 application. We are also providing one Renderer ActiveX control to use in Internet explorer. This ActiveX control has a functionality (on double click) to open the main application for editing purpose.

***Issue:***
We are facing an issue with IE 11 version (only in WIN 10 and WIN 8.1), when we double click on the renderer ActiveX control, the application gets opened but we cannot perform a drag/drop operation in that instance (basically we use drag/drop event to move
the drawing with in the drawing area).

***Working Scenarios***

- In all Windows 7 machines with IE 11, this is working.

- All newly created WIN 10 machines, this is working (I have installed all the updates in non-working machines too, but still not working).

Stand alone application working fine always.

I strongly feel that some windows updates make this mess, could anyone please guide me how to fix this? Thanks.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/87b13842-5dd0-4f62-a1d1-aa9c674442c2/activex-issue-with-ie-11-in-win10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey guys About - Router internet? Belkin horrible Wireless N Solved: N300 months ago me and the family got this fifty dollar router from Belkin and at first it seemed alright Right off the bat the internet Solved: Belkin N300 Wireless N Router horrible internet? was slow it was crappy and I couldn t do anything on it I called belkin support and they told me to just ship it in and they ll give us a replacement So I got my replacement and guess what its the same exact crappy internet I had with the first one I looked online for different tips at making it faster such as changing its channel to either or I ve tried both channels and my internet speed didn t change in the slightest My videos don t buffer like they used to to takes at least minutes for the video itself to even load and show up on the damn page pages take too long to load and while I m trying to view a picture it goes through this sequence of loading slowly from top to bottom as if I have a piece of crap PC from the s or something And it isn t just on my PC it goes for my phone to I connect to my internets WiFi and things are slower than when I had the damn Mobile Data on My Mobile Data is over now and I d really like to have the WiFi so I don t have to pay a buttload extra just to watch a few videos when I don t have the PC Is this the routers fault or am I being dumb It ticks me off how I paid fifty bucks for this things and its a piece of crap The guy I talk to for support had the worst attitude I ve ever gotten from any type of support member as well so I m sure as hell not going to give them another call sorry for any grammar mistakes im on my phone ATM and the autocorrect is a pain in my rear nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I may be missing something pretty basic here as my tech knowledge is pretty poor I have recently paid my internet provider to increase my connection speed from meg package to meg as I need a faster connection Ive done a speed test and it says that my speed is pretty much what my increased to much speed? but internet dont in speed 4meg change from 1meg see the service provider has promised but when I use the wifi in my place which I used with the original meg connection it doesnt seem any faster at increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? all I thought I d be flying from one website to the next but its not happening that way at all Someone said I should consider buying an aircard to increase my computers ability to recieve more data from the increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed? router but then someone else said that is not what an aircard is for Anyway Im stuck and would appreciate any help i could get as at the moment Im paying alot more cash each month for no improvement Thanks in advance for any help Cheers nbsp

A:increased my internet speed from 1meg to 4meg but dont see much change in speed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increased-my-internet-speed-from-1meg-to-4meg-but-dont-see-much-change-in-speed.625674/
Relevancy 48.59%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer was running just fine til about a week ago. I am on a secure network that was before yielding 1/mb/sec download speeds on wireless router. I have tested the network on my laptop and it still runs just fine, however my desktop has become sluggish, the download speeds are down to 30kb/sec and the search function has been taken over by "searchfastfind.net" that Malware Bytes has failed to find. Today the internet would simply die and not reconnect, or my browser would redirect to dead sites. The CPU on any processes doesn't seem high, but my computer is screaming like it's running several programs at once. I am using Vista, all updates installed that are available and needed.

What would I do to figure out the sort of malware I suspect this to be?

Dell Studio 540S Windows Vista Premium 2 64 bit

A:Suspected Malware (searchfastfind.net) - Ruining Internet Speed and Computer Speed

I ran rkill.exe it found no known programs running, malware still seems to come up empty, but my cpu speed and internet connection are still terrible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/371386/suspected-malware-searchfastfindnet-ruining-internet-speed-and-computer-speed/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello nbsp i bought me Bit 64 Issue Audio Win10 T460 - a T Days ago It was sold without a OS nbsp I have installed Windows Bit All Drivers are installed nbsp The issue is that sometimes the nbsp audio got cracking-sounds nbsp I got the cracking Sounds nbsp not only by using nbsp the laptop-loudspeakers The problem also there by using Headphones over the Headphonejack and TV Loudspeakers over HDMI T460 - Audio Issue Win10 64 Bit nbsp There is a Sound File on Youtube where the cracking-noise appear on different nbsp positions in the track For Example in nbsp second between to nbsp Soundfile https www youtube com watch v Bu bQA-UKOUTitel Gates of Hell Music with only Windows Sounds nbsp I try the same Soundfile on a T p without any issues about the sound over laptop-loudspeakers nbsp Is there are any known issues about the sound drivers I hope i got no hardware issue on my brand nbsp new Lenovo nbsp My System T Manufactured April nbsp Bios I got Battery-discharging- issues with Audio driver Date Feb nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-Audio-Issue-Win10-64-Bit/td-p/3337652
Relevancy 48.59%

hello, i upgraded to win10pro from win7ultimate. After completion, i noticed that office2013 and foxitpdf applications did not launch after clicking on their shortcut or their exe in the respective folders. Neither did associated files open, ie clicking on an excel workbook file, failed to launch the application. Other applications, like an image viewer for example kept working fine.

i reinstalled office and foxitpdf, but same situation. i tried to run the applications as administrator and they launch fine. However, an excel workbook or a word document for example will not open directly, but i need to open them from within the application, which i have to run as admin.

my local account is member of the administrators group, with full rights.

any help/advise appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390282-win7-win10-weird-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all,

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

I have an issue with the above machine that i believe is down to the OS as opposed to the actual machine itself (although i could be wrong). When ever i boot my machine it takes a good 10 minutes before it connects to my home wifi and sometimes, like this morning for instance i have to 'forget' my connection and establish a brand new one. I also have a Dell machine running Win7 and numerous tablets and they are all perfectly fine. It is ONLY with my Win10 machine that i have this problem.

What do you guys think it could be down to because i am stumped?

Thanx for taking the time to read my post.

kind regards

Richard.

A:Wifi issue with Win10 HPLaptop

Can you post the Wi-Fi card model and the driver version in your laptop.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59178-wifi-issue-win10-hplaptop.html
Relevancy 48.59%

A little over a month ago I bought the latest version of Malware Bytes (also installed Anti-Ransomware). Since then I've noticed that my system hitches, stammers or hesitates, very briefly, when certain programs are loading (including FireFox and VLC player or Not Responding messages). Also, since I've had Win10 and friends have had the same issues, when we go to certain secure sites we have to re-enter our information twice.

In other words I'll put in a username and password for a particular site, hit login and the login page just refreshes and requires the login again. I've done some basic hardware checks to eliminate that as a possibility of the hesitation. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/50087-win10-malware-bytes-issue.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have four computers that are connected at any given time to the home network. I believe have two issues here.

The first, all of the computers connect and surf the Internet at very slow speeds. Sometimes it seems like I'm back on Dial-up. My MacBook (which is my main computer I work from) connects to the Internet with an Ethernet cable directly into the DSL box. Even if I turn the other three computers off in the office I still run slow on the Internet. Any thoughts on how to improve this? My DSL provider says its an issue with our setup. Great thanks for the help!

Second, my Mac overall seems to be running very slow. I have over 14GB of available space so I would not think that the computer is in overload.

Any support would be greatly appreciated.

A:Moving at turtle speed - Internal Network issue or DSL issue?

If you have more than one computer, and all exhibit the same symptoms, it's hard to believe they're all bad.
Pick one that doesn't exhibit any other issues and do this:

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-at-turtle-speed-internal-network-issue-or-dsl-issue.773177/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just got a new Dell Inspiron with a quot widescreen with a x resolution and when I open almost any regular website in IE the gif and jpg files Internet 15.4" look laptop Explorer horrible on widescreen Graphics Solved: in new look absolutely distorted and horrible and the quot smoothing quot effect doesn t work very well The desktop and the icons and so forth look Solved: Graphics in Internet Explorer look horrible on new 15.4" widescreen laptop beautifantafulstic though And if I save one of the images to my desktop and then open it with the MS Picture and Fax viewer instead of IE the image looks perfect in the same size Is there any Solved: Graphics in Internet Explorer look horrible on new 15.4" widescreen laptop settings I can modify to correct this or will I have to a go crazy or b send the whole thing back I mean browsing on the internet is a huge part of what I ll do and if every site I go to will look like it s got wrinkles I definatley have a problem Or is there any fixes to IE or a better browser to use I hope somebody has a bright and sharp insight to this Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Graphics in Internet Explorer look horrible on new 15.4" widescreen laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-in-internet-explorer-look-horrible-on-new-15-4-widescreen-laptop.352727/
Relevancy 48.16%

I updated my gpu driver at me lenovo G510 on windows 10 and my brightness keys don't work anymore, the "brightness bar" seems work but not "THE BRIGHTNESS" of my screen!!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-brightness-keys-issue-win10/td-p/3363548
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello folks ,  My labtop is lenovo v570.2 days ago win 10 has made final performance update for my device (26SEP). After this update wifi connections have lost. Apperantly my wifi driver has compitibility problem with win 10 anymore . Thats why I've checked lenovo drivers website but unfortunately there wasnt any wifi driver for win10 . I tried to reinstall previous driver but it didnt solve the problem. Now I am only able to use ethernet input to connect internet but no wifi . Whenever I click wifi button , win 10 says ''no W?-F? networks found. In this context what should I do? Should I reinstall win7 back or is there a way to figure it out ? If  you could help I would be appreciate.Thank you . 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Wi-fi-connection-issue-after-final-update-of-win10-lenovo-v570/td-p/3440561
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Dell inspiron bit all in one desktop Originally with win I downloaded 2320 win10 issue. Dell Inspiron the new win update two days ago When the computer restarted to apply to new update the icons and text were too large When I went into settings to adjust the size Dell Inspiron 2320 win10 issue. windows prompted me to sign out and sign back to adjust the size to back to normal I clicked sign out When the sign in screen appeared it instantly started flashing between a bright pink screen with the date and time a picture of the beach and the new win blue logo screen In the middle of Dell Inspiron 2320 win10 issue. all these flashing screens was the facial recognition sign in program Could not click on anything I had disabled the facial recognition when I first bought the desktop and I had assumed it was enabled during the update and was maybe causing issues So I did a forced restart f and changed the admin password I had hoped that this would disable the facial recognition and stop the flashing screens Didn't work I tried running diagnostics through the f menu Everything was ok but problem not fixed I called Microsoft I was instructed to go into safe mode with networking but when I tried I was given a bright blue error screen that stated my PC had encountered an error and would restart Error listed as quot bad system config info quot Tried to restore the PC to the original win build but another error message stated the PC was unable to return the the previous build I decided to do a factory reset on the PC hours later the reset process was still at It loaded into the Dell logo screen and won't load any further What if anything can I do to fix my PC My PC worked fine before the Windows update and I just want to be able to use my computer again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/dell-inspiron-2320-win10-issue-1046457.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just bought a second-hand Asus 'Transformer' T100. This comes with Win8.1 and I would like to upgrade to 10. When I run the app it tells me I need more space. The tablet has 32GB in the screen (C:) and 500GB in the detachable keyboard (D:).
Obviously not all the 32GB is available but there's nothing I can remove as it's had a factory reset.
The online help I find tells me that the upgrade process should ask me to add external storage to enable the install but this is just not happening. It just keep telling me I don't have enough space. I have a USB stick I could use or (ideally) the 500GB HD in the keyboard.
Can anyone offer any help? (Bear in mind I am not very technical)

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/upgrading-win10-tablet-storage-issue-4596130/
Relevancy 48.16%
Relevancy 48.16%

Can anyone help me to solve the problem on desktop auto power on? Few days ago I just upgraded my desktop to Win 10 pro 64bit, it was fine until tonight, I tried to shut down the PC, it did actually powered off everything just for about a min., the PC will turn back on automatically, I have google it and some bro advise that fast startup and Hibernate have to be un-tick from control panel->power options, I followed it but my PC still power on automatically, this issue drive me crazy coz the PC just next to my bed and I cannot sleep due to the LED light from the PC.....can anyone help me to solve this issue so I can turn my PC off with no auto power on afterward?? Thanks so much for all your help!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/37181-need-help-desktop-auto-power-issue-win10-pro.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone I have the on issue Z30-A-181 Win10 Portege battery gauge mentioned notebook model and I'm having an issue with the battery gauge on Windows Once the laptop is charged to and the Portege Z30-A-181 battery gauge issue on Win10 charger cord is removed the gauge never goes down It remains at until the battery is completely drained and the machine powers off entirely it does not hibernate sleep as it should at around because it does not acknowledge that the battery is low it still thinks that it's fully charged I don't get any sort of battery level warning it goes from on to off just like a desktop PC would do Portege Z30-A-181 battery gauge issue on Win10 if you pulled the plug Rebooting does nothing the battery still displays The only thing that appears to help is disabling Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under Device Manager - gt Batteries uninstalling its driver and rebooting Then the gauge displays whatever percentage of charge is left in the battery correctly Unfortunately that does not fix anything because once I charge the battery back up to the problem manifests anew the gauge won't drop I again need to disable the battery control uninstall its driver and reboot Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this will be greatly appreciated

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85549-Portege-Z30-A-181-battery-gauge-issue-on-Win10
Relevancy 48.16%

Is it safe and possible to upgrade to Windows Win10 issue? while WinUp to OS Upgrade have still current despite I am having a problem with my current OS I am currently running on Windows and recently I have been having issues that prevent me from performing Windows Update error code DISM 'ScanHealth' let alone 'RestoreHealth' as well as Upgrade to Win10 while current OS still have WinUp issue? other errors that I noticed from Event viewer It says my computer might have run out of memory though I don't believe so because if it's harddisk space C still have GB free space while RAM is used Upgrade to Win10 while current OS still have WinUp issue? only around out of GB I also attempted several troubleshoots to no avail For more details I posted about my issue before here Windows Update error code On a side note here is the list of my Windows Update that refuse to download install KB KB and KB updates returned me with error code While KB can install but keeps on coming back despite receiving quot successfully installed quot message If checked through quot Installed Updates quot KB and KB have actually been installed One example of the errors I saw in Event Viewer DISM error code I tried quot Check your PC quot through Get Windows icon And here is my result in case if this is needed I have reserved Windows and waiting for confirmation email But I am worried if this problem would ever interrupt my upgrade process If this upgrade could help I am thinking I might as well just upgrade to terminate this problem once and for all Any ideas I hope anyone here could guide me on this

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/69369-upgrade-win10-while-current-os-still-have-winup-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear all,

I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem:
I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the boot loader on that disk... Now I have Win7 on drive D: and drive C: is unchanged but I can not boot into Win10. I tried all the bootrec /fixmbr stuff, but found that my drive C: is not a MBR but a GPT...
Is there a way to access my Win10 installation without reinstalling the whole thing?

Thanks in advance!

A:Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

What drive letter is your Windows 10 partition getting in Windows 7? Let's say it is D:\. Open an elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt in Windows 7. In the elevated command prompt Window run:

BCDBOOT D:\Windows /d /addlast

The path in red will be to the Windows folder on the Windows 10 drive letter.

Then reboot the computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/60436-win10-win7-dual-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So sometime ago around about the start of November my internet speed dropped out of nowhere and has remained at the constantly lowered speed since then Usually I would have a download speed of mbps however in recent days that s more like mbps When trying a bandwidth test that would usually have been about mbps however that is more like mbps now A way I used to scope what my bandwidth was was using the Formula com website where when you watch a video on it it will tell you your bandwidth rating before hand That as I say has dropped from the mbps to the mbps mentioned This is normally an and Speed Speed Drop Bandwidth Internet Sudden okay speed to do things however whilst my father is using Netflix the internet becomes so slow that it is basically impossible to do anything Normally on my old internet speed it would have not been a problem Now I ve done all the tests that are normally mentioned to Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop do as I have been searching for an answer since the Internet Speed and Bandwidth Speed Sudden Drop internet speed tanked It is not a computer specific problem as it is exactly the same on all devices connected to the router I have rung my ISP and they have said that my line should be receiving around mbps as we run on an ADSL connection However doing a line test through the same provider says we should be getting mbps My ISP reports no problems with the line and there has been no change at my end either When the internet suddenly dropped as I say it was a sudden speed decrease it didn t happen over a period of time it literally happened in an instant I was on a BT HomeHub This hub would continuously be disconnecting due to a fault however the internet speed was always at the mbps Bandwidth However around about the th- th of November as I say the internet just dropped but we were still having troubles with the disconnections A BT HomeHub was then upgraded to which has since stopped the disconnections but the speed has remained exactly the same Any advice would be appreciated on this and I thank you for any time that you put into this issue I just hope that it s something that can be resolved I just want to know what has caused it it s one of those things that just shouldn t happen but has and it is mighty frustrating Again thanks Phil nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello how we all doing Good I however am not so good someone told me that ones psychological well being is connected to the state of ones comp Slow computer a declines dl speed/hdwrite 100% goes internet, to speed when CPU using progressively lot of irrtation Obviously this is true But I digress Have an issue with CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines high CPU that only occurs when internet network card is involved This makes my computer laggy According to asus liveupdate application I have the latest drivers for everything I even updated my BIOS through it CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines and it installed in windows somehow I did flash it via floppy or usb I have read that this software is very unreliable and buggy If someone can give a link to where ASUS posts BIOS revision history bugfixes I would appreciate it I can't find it on this link I start OS everything CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines is fine Fire up latest version of chrome my laptop has been connected on and off today and I have google update so it should be this very latest download anything I think anything at least from FTP and CPU load increases as the download speed increases It takes about - seconds for CPU to reach then the download speed decreases I think my comp can't handle that high hd write speed while CPU is If it gets up to MB s megabyte this happens Close dl finished paused CPU goes back down to normal levels of idling which I suspect is unusually high in my case Windows is not very snappy but not all too laggy either I get maxed out to MB s with ubuntu ftp CPU rises dlspeed declines just as described If I close chrome then start again CPU spikes to for half a second Even just opening my computer causes this This made me suspicious that it's simply my laptop that is weak it can't handle high hd write without cpu going bonanas However copying to HD from USBstick gets me a stable MB s with CPU not noteworthy elevated Problem persists with all program under explorer exe in processexplorer closed At one time interrupts went to - system idle was at at one point Processxplorer exe was See attached pictures At one point prcsexplorer said system idle processes is using CPU yet the diagram and systra is on How come Tested again with all eset smart security modules disabled the ones that can be disabled from right click of systray - system idle even as much as at one point Could eset still be root problem anyway I noticed for example one module needs reboot to be disabled Just now I restarted without barely any services and applications internet was not working spike to when opening my comp Also restarted with my normal applications and services cpu spikes to from opening browser and google docs On old stationary also cpu when connect to internet might this just be a switch issue Have a cheap no-name no brand-name simple one On the other hand I tested without switch only my comp connect straight to jacket in wall - problem remained Also same problem occured when I tested my laptop on the librarie s wireless some month ago On fresh install of ubuntu bit with a handful of software installed and no other modifications I get a stable cpu load of - with mb s- mb s from ftp via browser So no decline in dl hd write speed in contrast to W No unnormal elevation of RAM it rests at GB just as before dl started Once dl finished cpu goes to - If I recall correctly issue was there from the very beginning of getting it and the problem persisted after reinstalling windows bit ultimate and only installing a small number of software Note that a couple of months ago the only way to make CPU come down from was to reboot Or manually disconnecting then reconnecting network cable Or disable then enable network card ethernet adapter in device manager Also this impacted OS much more than now windows in general was very very laggy and ope... Read more

A:CPU goes to 100% when using internet, dl speed/hdwrite speed progressively declines

Try to update driver for JMicron PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, if already updated then try to roll back the driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cpu-goes-to-100-when-using-internet-dl-speed-hdwrite-speed-progressively-declines-628783.html
Relevancy 47.73%

First off the part of my setup that the following pertains to Windows x NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter drivers are current march Mitsubishi MEUSPTV Monitor quot vis March Insignia NS-HTIB A Stereo Receiver Microsoft Win10 CEC. Blank screen was logon, Issue just before but after BIOS. Basic Display Adapter No ACPI support The monitor is a large screen TV that i connected to a multimedia receiver basically my home stereo that consolidates all my devices to one surround sound transmitter ex PS PC Cable Xbox original PS DVD via HDMI ports HDMI in HDMI out The devices go to the stereo's ins the stereo's out goes to the tv That setup worked somewhat The TV was never properly recognized by win Many things that appeared to be software buggery may not have been the Blank screen just before Win10 logon, but after BIOS. Issue was CEC. cause but a hardware change fixed everything It appears CEC or Controlled External Components was at fault I Blank screen just before Win10 logon, but after BIOS. Issue was CEC. unplugged the pc hdmi out from the receiver stereo receiver and plugged it directly into the tv Now the screen is recognized my desktop configuration doesn't vary between logons Unfortunately now the hdmi sound from the pc only goes to the tv speakers I have three different audio devices One on board one supplemented for home studio recording and the nvidia card So I just adjusted which device handled audio in my case a coaxial out of the pc to a coax in on the receiver An optical out would suffice for dts surround but you may have to resort to old school stereo mm or RCA Another option is depending on your monitor an audio out that would probably be coax Then plug everything into the tv and run the audio from the tv to the stereo receiver or go online shopping and get a digital sound card for less than bucks Side note Having the Microsoft driver installed almost guarantees safe mode availability If you can get to safe mode by tweaking your bios to logon procedure press f frantically hope for the interrupt Try disabling your display driver and install the MS and enable it if you can't get to your login there's nothing you can do I always keep it installed but disabled just in case Open control panel and install new hardware display adapter Microsoft basic display adapter If you have a second hard drive with an old operating system and know how to get to it maybe something could be done Hope this was thorough enough -Zyw Check out this site you won't regret it BELARC PRODUCTS BelManage BelSecure Data Analytics Security Advisor Belarc Advisor

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/43583-blank-screen-just-before-win10-logon-but-after-bios-issue-cec.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reading.

I have got this problem:

My taskbar is out of place when I connect the second monitor. I extended the view.

It happens now and then. I think it seems to be working fine until I install the internet download manager. But again it might just be my suspicion.

Once I plug out the second monitor, the taskbar goes back to normal. This issue is the same for the wall paper. When i connect, the wall paper will look ok on the laptop but looks cut away in the second monitor. Same thing goes, once I plug out it will go back to normal.

Pls help. Thanks much. I have been combing around but cannot find someone with the same experience thus the answer for it.

Thanks.

A:Win10 Issue - Floating Taskbar when Dual Monitor

I run triple monitors on my desktop PC and dual on my laptop, I have never seen anything like that happen. Wish I could be more help but that's a new one on me. I have my taskbar set to show on all monitors. How are said monitors hooked up, HDMI, Display port , etc?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38781-win10-issue-floating-taskbar-when-dual-monitor.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

Has anyone got the fingerprint reader working on the Dell e7250 with Windows 10 ?
I have download just about every driver Dell has to offer with no success - in Control Vault I have a yellow warning triangle and (code 10).
Is there any switch in the BIOS that needs to be activated? the laptop has had a clean install of Windows 10
Also in the device driver there is no reference to any Broadcom hardware.

thanks for any help
Alex

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995743
Relevancy 47.73%

Trying to do the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 on XPS 15 9530 and I get error:
!Display: The Display is not compatible with Windows 10.  Check with the manufacture for support.
I have the latest Dell updates of the Nvida GeForce GT 750M and Intel HD Graphics 4600 for windows 8.1. 
Per Dell the XPS 15 is supported for Win 10 and per Nvida , the GT750M driver is supported.

How can I get Win 10 on the laptop.  I had tried it before and had same errors.  Time running out.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19986684
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Alienware 14 2014
I'm having problems with my two display adapters devices, all was running well until I installed the upgrade to windows 10. I'm getting the following error:"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I've tried some fix procedures without luck:
1) I uninstalled both devices and I installed the latest drivers.2) I tried with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode.3) Automatic repair from Windows.4) Repair registry entries using "RegistryRecycler".
I'm not able to control my Volume, brightness (from keyboad FN) and mini displayport.
My bios is running in A09 version, I'm not sure if there is a new version available.
What else can I try in order to fix this issue?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988647
Relevancy 47.73%

I didn't have a choice to update to the anniversary update. Following the update - the screen doesn't always refresh very well - sometimes there is gobblygook when switching windows.I have a 2560x1440 display.

A:Win10 Anniversary update - display refresh issue

bericade Just like the original Upgrade, this new Update tends to work the worst when it is done through Windows Update. What might work, in your case, is something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.htmlGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Win10-Anniversary-update-display-refresh-issue/td-p/5775508
Relevancy 47.73%

Note Please don't ignore this question if you think that it is a wxWidgets application without reading complete question and should look by wxWidgets development community Hi I work on a wxWidgets application project say X It works fine on Win but it crashes on Windows and Windows nbsp My application X calls an executable say Y issue Win8.1 on [email protected]() Win10 and crash as blocking call as mentioned below wxString lName WDir wxT quot my log quot int ReturnCode wxString lCmd IDir wxT quot Y exe -l quot lName ReturnCode int wxExecute lCmd wxEXEC SYNC the argument quot wxEXEC SYNC quot alone or with wxEXEC BLOCK or wxEXEC NOEVENTS In times Y crashes and so X crashes to [email protected]() crash issue on Win8.1 and Win10 times and the call stack points quot Ntdll dll NtWaitForMultipleObjects quot When I calls Y in standalone mode in a test program Y called by other executable with the same argument mentioned above it does not crash It crashes only when nbsp I call from my wxWidgets application project In the code Y it sometime crashes while creating a file or closing a file So my question is nbsp quot When an application X calls an executable Y and the executable Y do some operation where it requires switching the Win or Win system API sends the parent thread X as dead status for Y and X starts to dispatch the event loop for closing Y but Y suddenly wake up after completing the operation Since parent X thread already detached it as a result Y did not get its parent and crashes in quot Ntdll dll NtWaitForMultipleObjects quot quot But the same behaviour is not in the standalone mode Y launches by other exe say Z Why this happens nbsp I hope you understood my question if not please ask you concern Regards Nilesh

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/553c70b8-9f7d-4dcc-806c-99d5578ada1a/ntdlldllntwaitformultipleobjects20-crash-issue-on-win81-and-win10?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 47.3%

I've been told before that download speed is independent of how fast your Internet connection is. Is that true?

A:Download Speed v. Internet Connection Speed

Short answer = no. But on the other hand yes. Depends on how you mean the question.

Internet connection speed is defined by download speed and upload speed.

Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

It's probably an issue of semantics, i.e. what they meant when they said "download". Your "download speed" is dependent on how fast your ISP's download speed, but also how fast the downloading server us uploading the data, be it a file or a web page, or whatever. You can't get something faster than someone is sending it to you, however you can get it slower.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-speed-v-internet-connection-speed-686017.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi! i just wanna ask between the difference of the download speed and the internet speed. because i have a 1.5mb connection i tried at speedtest and when i download i always get a 190-200kbps rate. so its not actually 1.5mb in my download speed even my internet speed is 1.5mbps. is there and calculator what should be my connection if i want my download speed like 1mb per second? thank you very much.

A:difference between the download speed and internet speed?

Are you sure you're not getting 190-200KBps? You have to watch because the speed is often stated using different bit rates. When you see 1.5Mbs (lower case b) then it is megabits per second. If you see 190KBs (upper case B) then it's talking kilobytes per second. There are 8 bits in a byte so you really need to multiply the KBs number by 8 to determine the megabits or divide the Mbs number by 8 to determine the megabyte number.

In your case 200KBs multiplied by 8 is 1600Kbs or 1.6Mbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/310087-difference-between-download-speed-internet-speed.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all!

I've encountered a little problem. I have multiple sites in several country where needed to deploy win10 with different language and keyboard settings.

Everything else is fine, all other countries are OK but czech and poland.. I need to apply keyboard setting so that cs-CZ (pl-pl) is default, en-US secondary.

I've configured unattend.xml file so that inputlocale is cs-CZ; en-US (pl-Pl; en-US).. it should work.. ? Well it doesn't. I've tried also with: 0405:0001045; 0409:00000409.. .Still same.. In OS there is only czech keyboard.. Of course I can add en-US keyboard manually but I need to have it automatically.. Why en-US won't be there seen automatically in list? Also when adding manually en-us then UI lang will change after re-login to cz-CS (I haven't applied any other ui lang than eng in unattended.xml)

I have input locale configured in 4 Specialize and 7 oobeSystem in xml file.

I'm using Win10 1511 ent x64, SCCM is CB..

Any ideas?

Thanks,

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49016-win10-enterprise-deployment-unattend-xml-secondary-keyboard-issue.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
Yesterday bought two dell vostro 5459 laptop with preinstalled win 10 home, but there is no option to downgrade to windows 7, it seems to be fresh installation. Can i get the win7 key to do the installation.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19962358
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all Could really use some help diagnosing BSOD that started with specific windows issue? driver Win10 - Anniversary Updates BSOD causing updates and is forcing me to continue to use a restore point of The following updates were downloaded and attempt to install with every startup Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB The system will start and show landing page it connects to wifi and when trying to sign in goes to BSOD If you leave landing page it will BSOD after about seconds The error message is an APC Index Mismatch issue nbsp I looked in the event log and think these are the relevant items The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x ffe a e x x xffffb fc Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? b A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP Report Id a b-c e - ca- eff- ca b e Intel R Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware I ve been posting back and forth over at the MS community but thus far just being told to do the standard collect dmps and post hoping Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? someone here might be able to assist in resolving System Specs Dell Venue vProDual Intel i - Y Ghz G RAM Storage bit OS Windows Pro Version OS build Log Files Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? and Sys file nbsp https drv ms u s AiJvkB rIkmoirXtG yC ojosbU older files are initial pulls nd set with Nov date were collected after running driver verifier Of note - looking at device manager the Intel Management Interface now has an error icon wasn t there before the above updates downloaded Attempted to roll back the driver but it s the original Tried to update the driver but it fails to intall device cannot start code I haven t yet run memtest - nbsp If anyone could provide info guidance I d be very appreciative Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19997141
Relevancy 47.3%

I've built an entirely new system over the last few days and I'm having some unexpected issues with Windows Home x and it's driving me insane This new build and all components in the build are brand new Software wise I purchased a new key and used the x64 New Boot Build Win10 2x Partial Issue - Home - BSODs, Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool to perform a fresh install The other PCs in my home run Windows with no little to no issues at all so I'm very concerned that I have a driver hardware issue Build Components http pcpartpicker com p XQnYJ Installation Procedure Initial Boot to UEFI - Verified All Peripheral's Connected and Configured UEFI Settings SSD amp HDD set to AHCI to allow boot priority to SSD amp USB RESTART - Booted to USB with Media Creation Tool Selected SSD on SATA Port for installation INSTALL - No issues encountered rebooted and installed LAN drivers to access internet Began driver installation for MB SSD and GPU Restarted for windows updates and updated UEFI to latest version Boot Failure - Windows Logo with black screen no cursor Restarted and entered UEFI to check boot settings noticed a quot Windows Boot Manager Port SSD quot and quot SSD Port quot option Set to Windows Boot Manager restarted New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue and failed twice Set to SSD and failed twice Set to Windows Boot Manager New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue and it finally booted to desktop Some failures were a blue windows logo with no mouse no circle nothing other times quot Preparing for Automatic Recovery quot and one occasion it hung on the UEFI splash screen Finished Windows Updates completed all driver installations begin software installation Restart to verify everything and tweak UEFI settings and again same issues with booting Finally managed to get recovery to work selected option for system restore point and it took me back to the first restart with no drivers installed Inserted Media Creation Tool deleted all SSD partitions and reinstalled Windows I delayed the LAN driver until I had ALL driver's installed including Samsung Magician and then I installed the LAN driver and rebooted After Windows updates everything was smooth no issue with booting and the quot Windows Boot Manager quot partition was gone only quot Port SSD quot in UEFI Restarted after a few updates and the system booted to a black screen with windows logo no mouse no status circle indicator Restarted and it was fine After joining my LAN home group and renaming the PC to match the scheme on my LAN I attempted to access another Windows PC on my network and I got the first BSOD Happened so fast I couldn't write the code down Restarted fine continued with file transfers and software Today another BSOD with quot BSOD DRIVE IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL lltdio sys quot restarted fine and here I am My concern I intend to overclock this system and without some semblance of stability I cannot proceed I'm not fully versed with Windows but I have been keeping an eye on Event Viewer and both times I experienced the BSOD it was when accessing my LAN The boot issue lingers but it's not nearly as bad for this second installation Any help or assistance you can provide would be incredibly useful and appreciated

A:New Build - Win10 Home x64 - 2x BSODs, Partial Boot Issue

Both dumpfiles blames your Killer network drivers.
The drivers are from Timestamp: Mon Apr 27 21:36:50 2015 (553E8FD2) predating windows 10.
Update your Bigfoot Lan driver from http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...1&RWD=0#driver

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41016-new-build-win10-home-x64-2x-bsods-partial-boot-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all,

I have this issue since upgrading, that there is a pause every 30 seconds or so. If I'm scrolling or typing it just pauses for maybe a second. I've looked and it appears there is no bios upgrade or driver upgrade on the Intel website. So I'm kind of stumped how to fix it.

The other issue is that it randomly just dumps into sleep mode. I can pull it right out, but it's annoying. I checked the screensaver and power settings, but nothing is out of the ordinary.

Laptop is an Asus N76VZ

Any ideas where to look next?

A:Win10 pausing every 30 seconds on ASUS Laptop. Sleep mode issue too.

Originally Posted by SpiderX

Hi all,

I have this issue since upgrading, that there is a pause every 30 seconds or so. If I'm scrolling or typing it just pauses for maybe a second. I've looked and it appears there is no bios upgrade or driver upgrade on the Intel website. So I'm kind of stumped how to fix it.

The other issue is that it randomly just dumps into sleep mode. I can pull it right out, but it's annoying. I checked the screensaver and power settings, but nothing is out of the ordinary.

Laptop is an Asus N76VZ

Any ideas where to look next?

Hi SpiderX and welcome to TenForums.

First, can you please take the battery out of the laptop, plug in the power cord, and see if the pausing continues? I have seen this happen sometimes with failing batteries. Just need to make sure this is not an issue.

Second, if you have just recently upgraded, it will take several reboots and some time for the system to calm down - indexing will keep the hard drive very busy until that is completed, for example.

I've also had a situation where I found I needed to get a good full shutdown in order to correct some strange occurrences on one system after the upgrade, and so it's a matter of changing a setting in power options to get rid of "fast startup".

Let us know how it goes for you.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/12473-win10-pausing-every-30-seconds-asus-laptop-sleep-mode-issue-too.html
Relevancy 46.87%

The situation: Expired Win10 Indsider upgrade installation, no longer booting (winload.exe / 0x0000605)

Attempted solution: Reinstalling Win7 from DVD

Problem: Win10 ignores the boot sequence, always boots from HDD. Changed boot sequence to select DVD ROM and tried from the boot menu during system start. After loading the DVD a while, it always boots to Win10 repair screen. (No secure boot options found in BIOS, maybe hidden?)

Win10 is driving me nuts, as I can't reinstall Win7 anymore. Any ideas please?

A:Win7 Installation Issue on broken Win10 System. (Lenovo Notebook)

Try it again with the steps listed below. Please don't deviate.
Go to Boot Order screen > make sure boot order is CD/DVD > insert the Win 7 DVD > Exit Boot Order screen > shut down > restart.....

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39346-win7-installation-issue-broken-win10-system-lenovo-notebook.html
Relevancy 46.01%

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

https://hardforum.com/threads/not-sure-if-proper-area-but-win10-and-office-2003-outlook-email-issue-with-links.1907946/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok so my week old laptop as suddenly became really slow and CPU usage says but when I look most are with or so things with about - so I dunno what is happening Although if I system restore from before Issue Sound Issue Speed and all the Vista service pack updates happened then it is quite a bit Speed Issue and Sound Issue better though still sometimes laggy Also my sound is sometimes messed up and all fuzzy I dunno if this is linked to the speed issue or not All the specs etc Summary Product Name Aspire G Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- System Memory MB Hard Drive WDC WD BEVT- ZCT SCSI Disk Device GB CD DVD Drive Slimtype BD E DS E S SCSI CdRom Device Video NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Audio Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Network Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Atheros AR X Wireless Network Adapter HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP UUID A E A EDE B BA E Serial Number LXARG X DD BIOS Version v Battery mAh LI-ION Processor Processor AMD Turion tm X Dual-Core Mobile RM- Cores L Cache Data Cache KB x Execution Trace Cache KB x L Cache KB x Multimedia Video Device Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MG GF MGS Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Device Name NVIDIA GeForce M GF MGS GF MG Total Available Graphics Memory MB Dedicated Video Memory MB Audio Device Realtek High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Webcam Device Device Name Acer Crystal Eye webcam Driver Version Memory Current Memory Size MB Memory Type DDR Slot Installed Size MB Slot Installed Size MB nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi so my Windows XPS L X touchpad has started behaving weirdly I believe this is because of some Windows updates I am not sure nbsp The problem is that since laptop starts the left click seems to be sending clicked signal forever Because of this on boot the mouse starts in selection mode Issue, Problem WEIRD XPS signal L502X . click sends 15 clicked always Touchpad Win10 Left I need to press the left click on an external mouse to disengage selection mode But still the left click and tap to left click dont work nbsp But the weird part is when I change right touch pad button to left click behavior in settings Then even the right button would now stop working And if I change the left click button behavior to anything else then left click behavior then left click starts working too Hence coming to XPS 15 L502X Win10 . Touchpad Issue, Left click always sends clicked signal WEIRD Problem the conclusion that its a driver issue and not XPS 15 L502X Win10 . Touchpad Issue, Left click always sends clicked signal WEIRD Problem hardware problem However when I boot my laptop in Ubuntu the left click is again in clicked mode and starts selecting stuff Now if this was a driver problem then why is Ubuntu showing same issue Is this a Hardware problem now nbsp Now since dell officially does not support Win on L x I request my fellow L x owners using Windows to share their driver details And if anyone from Dell can share their thoughts nbsp Regards nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988617
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
My disk contains 5 partitions:
part1 = ntfs-win10 free upgrade of win home premium (primary)
Part2 = ntfs-win7 home premium (primary)
Part3 = ext3-Extended (logical)
Part4 = ext3-LM rafaela (extended)
Part5 = swap (extended)
This setup worked good.

Part2 win7 got buggered, and reinstalled (nvidia chip-set melt down during win7 boot). The MB was replaced.

I can no longer get to win10 boot Part1. Booting to Part1 or Part2 results to booting the newly installed win7. Rafaela boot did not change: still working.

How can I reclaim my win10 boot? I can't upgrade for free anymore so I'm hoping there's a way to work with what's there.

Thanks,
Keith

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/60389-lost-win10-multiboot-disk-partition-win7-win10-lm-rafaela.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi y'all I don't know if this topic belongs in Win since Pro connection bug and internet Win10 solution it's a bug or in Networking Chose Win as you might have this problem too I'm up-to-date except for the latest Windows Defender same build as you are probably on Machine is Dell GB RAM dual boot and else all standard stuff no special cards think it has Bluetooth but I never use it etc Here's the bug all of a sudden after being idle for more than a day suddenly Win tells me I've no internet connection even though the Ethernet is plugged in So I opted for its offer to fix the problem it did that green moving thingy to say it was resolving the problem and finally it said I didn't have a valid IP Configuration Well I'm on Blast Xfinity so I knew the IP was fine same as for all my other machines so did a cold reboot Waited Turned on Same results Turned it off and THIS time booted it in Win internet connection just fine So then did a soft boot and back into Internet connection Just fine So it reset but I couldn't Win10 Pro internet connection bug and solution have done that without dual-boot setup Win10 Pro internet connection bug and solution Something to keep in mind You got any other ideas that might help others Because with Win being connected is more important than ever Thank you for your time and your input

A:Win10 Pro internet connection bug and solution

HEADS UP:  Apparently MSFT was already told of the problem, and last night's KB ending in 667 corrected the Ethernet problem. At least, it now works for me, post-update.  Whew.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583387/win10-pro-internet-connection-bug-and-solution/
Relevancy 45.15%

A few days ago I lost my desktop wired internet connection changing all the cables and update following connection internet win10 No troubleshooting got me nowhere but going back to a restore point solved the problem I had to do this consecutive days but when the same thing happened on the rd day the restore point I was using was gone from the list amp I was dead in the water Troubleshooting suggested that the problem was with my LAN adapter driver although the Device Manager indicated that the device was working properly Downloading the current driver from Realtek did not solve the problem Besides installing the latest driver I tried un-installing and reinstalling the adapter resetting winsock and flushing the DNS cache I was unable to do ipconfig release and renew because the system couldn't find the adapter I No internet connection following win10 update tried installing a portable WiFi adaper in a USB port but that got me the same error messages as I got with the wired connection The portable WiFi device and the router are working because I'm using them to get online with a Raspberry Pi right No internet connection following win10 update now I suspect there's a Windows conflict that was created by a recent update Windows Helpdesk was not No internet connection following win10 update able to help me Any ideas

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58204-no-internet-connection-following-win10-update.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have repeatedly encountered Win10 Envy 860-1... to 10240 14393 Win10 Failed Upgrade From on a failures in trying to upgrade Win from version to the current version I used Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... the Windows Upgrade exe program - failed I used the MediaCreationTool to download the iso and create a bootable DVD for upgrade - failed Created virtual drive for the iso to upgrade - failed The normal Windows Update function appears to work properly - I get windows and other updates on the usual time basis The relevant files for diagnosing what went wrong seem to be A The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact logB The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setuperr logC There are also small files with these same names in the WINDOWS WS Sources Panther folder i e another setupact log and setuperr log Here is the file WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact log - - Info SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Setup log starts - - Info SP Host system information VM NOFirmware type UEFIManufacturer HPModel - stBIOS name A BIOS version A BIOS release date Total memory Number of physical CPUs Number of logical CPUs Processor manufacturer GenuineIntelProcessor name Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHzProcessor caption Intel Family Model Stepping Processor architecture x Processor Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... clock - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Basic - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources reagent admx - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Basic incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Servicing x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Servicing - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources compatprovider dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Servicing incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint ICB x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint ICB - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint ICB incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Migration x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Migration - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Migration incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info Initializing diagnostics helper data file NULL - - Info No existing diagnostics data - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Warning SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Failed to initialize tracing - - Info There is already a running setup user mode etw session - - Info VDS available - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Info SP Attempting to resurrect a new system from C Windows BT Sources - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL tring enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBC... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-From-Win10-10240-to-Win10-14393-Failed-on-Envy-860/td-p/5749396
Relevancy 44.29%

Running on an Inspiron 1521 with Win7 64-bit Home Premium.  I gave Win10 a week, then rolled it back to the original Win7.  Everything is working EXCEPT I have no network connectivity.  Network center recognizes my home WiFI network, but connection attempts result in "limited connectivity"  (read: no usable connection).  Control Panel - Device Drivers - properties of the various drivers show they are all "operating correctly".
Also working this issue on answers.microsoft.com.  They suggest 1) "rollback is not a good idea" and 2) "reinstall device drivers".

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984886
Relevancy 44.29%

Please, someone help me.
I just upgraded (begrudgingly) to Windows 10 from 7.
Prior to the upgrade, I was doing some cleaning.
I used some adware and malware removal tools.
After the upgrade to 10, I decided to delete 'malwarebytes', and thensuddenly lost my internet connection. I don't know if it was the cause or not. But I have been unable to get the net back up and running.
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask for help but I have run out of ideas and cannot seem to get my internet back.
Please help!!
Kickytink

Kickytink, 9 minutes ago
Edit Report

A:No internet after installing Win10 and removing malwarebytes

I was doing some cleaning.
I used some adware and malware removal tools.
After the upgrade to 10, I decided to delete 'malwarebytes', and thensuddenly lost my internet connection.Click to expand...

the 'cleaning' and subsequent upgrade of win10 would not improve a system that maybe had issues. the settings of the earlier OS will remain. also the cleaning' may have left the system with unseen problems, other then just internet loss.

But, it?s possible that the current driver was designed for a previous version of Windows (win7). check to see if an updated driver is available on the manufacturers site, using another pc to access the net. download it and transfer via usb to the win10 machine.
also, try plugging in the yellow Network Cable to the router and see if this helps with the connection.

as a thought...the win10 upgrade offers a 30 day rollback if theres an issue or staying with win7 is preferred as the system of choice. this would undo the win10 installation and return to win7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-after-installing-win10-and-removing-malwarebytes.1171654/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I user windows 10, I installed east nod32 antivirus on my Asus laptop and after that I noticed my WIFI is connected but I have no internet!!! I remove antivirus but the problem remains!

I check IfConfig command in CMD and I found out no IP is set !!!

I try other network but the same problem! WIFI is connected and there is no internet !

I remove and install my WIFI driver but the problem remain !

How can I fix it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63201-internet-problem-after-installing-nod32-win10.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Is it possible to do a clean install of Windows 10 on alaptop which came with Windows 10 preinstalled, andno installation disk? If so, what is required? -- Jeff, in Minneapolis

A:Clean install Win10 on HP laptop preinstalled with Win10

If the partitions have not been changed, the Recovery partition should still exist. How to get to that would depend on the Make/Model of the system.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/clean-install-win10-on-hp-laptop-preinstalled-with-win10/821.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi BleepingComputer I seem to have messed something up over here and I'm not quite sure how I did it but this machine has had problems with Windows installs and updates since I bought since browsing Anniv very slow Win10 Update Internet it a couple of years ago The Windows Anniversary Update made its way onto my laptop a few nights ago which is when I first noticed the buggy browsing I've since reverted to the previous build but Internet browsing very slow since Win10 Anniv Update the problem has persisted The laptop is connected to the internet via Wi-Fi along with my cell phone and work computer I've experienced no problems with the latter two devices which continue to run just as well as they did before I've scanned with Avast and Malwarebytes with no Internet browsing very slow since Win10 Anniv Update results I made sure that the drivers were updated and the browsers were permitted to go through the firewall Firefox is as slow as Chrome and everything seems to be fine there I also Googled the problem and tried fiddling with the Auto-Tuning and Windows Update Delivery Optimization features to no avail I don't have an ethernet cable to test the direct connection I'm not really sure what to try next - could someone please help me out I'm not especially tech savvy either so I might have a lot of questions sorry I feel like I'm suffocating with such slow internet speed and it's even keeping me from successfully running a speed test Thanks EDIT I managed to run a few speed tests Results were PING DL UL ms mps mps ms mps mps ms mps mps after I'd stopped a torrent that was running Whereas my work computer in the same room gets PING DL UL ms mps mps The torrent d l speed was completely erratic as well occasionally jumping as high as kb s but running mostly around

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628179/internet-browsing-very-slow-since-win10-anniv-update/
Relevancy 43.86%

So after the Anniversary Anniversary internet - after 3543 Win10 Inspiron No Update update I have no internet nbsp Both Wifi and Eithernet show as quot Connected - No Internet quot nbsp Windows Troubleshooter says I have quot A problem with the driver quot nbsp I ve updated the drivers I ve put old drivers back in and no luck nbsp I ve even tried different USB wifi adapters with both the supplied drivers and the built in Win drivers and no luck there either nbsp I can Inspiron 3543 - No internet after Win10 Anniversary Update t go back to an earlier build the option is not Inspiron 3543 - No internet after Win10 Anniversary Update there nbsp I tried a restore point and the computer f ailed to boot and I had to restore some system files from another Win computer using a Linux boot disk I m assuming I can t refresh Windows as I ll still be on the Anniversary Update Is there any chance Dell will release updated drivers nbsp I see that this PC is NOT in their compatibility list Is there any known solution to this other than a full recovery from the recovery partition Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994386
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello My brother got his computer infected with something on June that among other symptoms redirects Internet Internet (Win10) Explorer "n.clickforms.ru" redirected to homepage Explorer's homepage to This URL then redirects to another site that offers the following fake security warning Being an idiot my brother thought Internet Explorer homepage redirected to "n.clickforms.ru" (Win10) that this was a legit warning and installed whatever garbage this is from Firefox not IE It would seem that I've mitigated most of the problems with that specific malware invisible audio ads unknown USB backup software random system-resource-abusing processes etc which are either gone or not running I cleaned the system with Norton then Norton Power Eraser and finally Spybot S amp D They removed multiple trojans and trackers but cannot seem to fix the redirect and other symptoms At this point I figured I'd just ask for help rather than blindly running every computer site's Top antivirus and antimalware tools I've noted the following persistent symptoms The above described redirect An additional popup tab redirect will occur occasionally sending tab to various Gift Card Sweeps pages Mozilla Firefox's profile is missing and wont start Somehow the profile was rescued as Old Firefox Data on the desktop Still not sure what rescued it given the present infection About twenty programs suddenly showed as their install date in Programs and Features despite being installed several months earlier Five of these have even shifted their install date to the present currently showing they were installed on The only software I've installed since was Norton and Spybot both of which maintain their correct install date Several programs in Programs and Features cannot be uninstalled and only initiate their installation wizard when attempted System restore will not allow me to roll back to the last known stable system date because of reported disk corruption When chkdsk r is run at system boot it hangs at after letting it run for two hours Windows login and sometimes system boot is quite slow and or hangs The smiley face feedback button you see in the above IE screen shot I don't personally use Win so maybe I'm wrong but I doubt that's a legit Microsoft-created button Note none of these symptoms are alleviated by Safe Mode The following problems were present but have since been removed or at least stopped Persistent hidden audio ads which stopped after removing something called digi me Some kind of third-party UBS backup software or malware which would eat system CPU and disk resources for minutes before its window would even appear About a dozen trojan malware instances which were removed by Norton I can post the applicable logs if needed Another few things were removed by Power Eraser Some tracking stuff and one trojan removed by Spybot General lagging and abnormally high system resource usage on a system that is less than three months old This has generally been resolved except as described above Before I post my logs I want to thank in advance anyone who can and does help me with this issue I'm a highly technical Windows user but I also know when to throw in the towel and just ask for help So in this regard please feel free to offer advice in a straightforward technical manner because I am mostly capable If your suggestions guidance goes over my head I'll let you know DK P S I searched for the particular URLs redirected to by this infection as well as general descriptors of the issue but nothing I found seemed relevant to this particular infection If I missed an already established thread about this same issue please point me in that direction with my apologies FRST TXT Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by KSlay Laptop administrator on LAPTOP- M EJPP - - Running from C Users KSlay Laptop Desktop Loaded Profiles KSlay Laptop Available Profiles KSlay Laptop Platform Windows Home Version X Language English United States... Read more

A:Internet Explorer homepage redirected to "n.clickforms.ru" (Win10)

Hello DKqwerty and welcome to Bleeping Computer.
My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:
please follow all instructions in the order posted
please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!
IMPORTANT:
Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested
===================================================Note: Please follow these instructions in the order given.
===================================================Uninstall programs
Please uninstall these programs:Amazon 1Button App
App Explorer
===================================================Download and run AdwCleaner
Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
run AdwCleaner by clicking on Scan
when it has finished, leave everything that was found checked, (ticked), then click on Clean
if it asks to reboot, allow the reboot
on reboot a log will be produced; please attach the content of the log to your next reply.
===================================================Download and run Junkware Removal Tool
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
the tool will open and start scanning your system
please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
===================================================
Please run FRST again in normal mode, not safe mode and make sure there is a checkmark next to "Addition.txt" before you hit “Scan”.Logs to include with next post:AdwCleaner log
JRT.txt
New Frst.txt
New Addition.txt
Thanks
Satchfan

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617893/internet-explorer-homepage-redirected-to-nclickformsru-win10/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have installed a Win Hyper-v machine in my windows system and cannot get this thing to connect to the internet I router! Win10 hyper-v cannot can connect to Vm only internet. ping can get as far as the router in other words from the VM I can ping the router in reality it doesn't matter what IP address I try to ping if I ping it still takes me to the router log in screen So I might be close but don't know how to proceed My set up is a RealTek GBE physical NIC with an External switch changed all IP addresses on the switch to be within the LAN IP address's range I set the virtual NIC inside the Win VM to be within the LAN IP address range of the host's physical NIC as well still Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router! no connection It has taken me a lot of pain work Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router! and frustration to be able to get this far so many dead ends and still this darn hyper-v thing cannot connect to the internet Why is this so difficult to accomplish It is so Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router! frustrating I believed I have tried all configurations I can think of and this is the only configuration that got me the closest to an Internet connection Please help I tried Internal switch with the host NIC sharing a connection to the VM-Switch I have tried bridging both NIC and vEtherNet card in both configurations External and or internal and many more other things I've tried Nothing has worked no matter what Thank you please help Gorgonio

A:Win10 hyper-v cannot connect to internet. Vm can only ping router!

Hi Gorgonio, welcome to the Ten Forums.

Hyper-V is easy and straight forward to set up when done correctly. You enable the Hyper-V feature, create an external virtual switch, install a guest OS selecting the external switch as connection and you are done.

There's no need to set static IP addresses. Of course you can use a static IP if that's what you prefer but Hyper-V virtual machines work just fine with DHCP and dynamic IP addresses.

There is never need to manually create a network bridge. If you create an external switch using the host's wireless NIC, Hyper-V automatically creates a network bridge. With wired host NIC (Ethernet), the bridge is never needed nor should it be made.

Seems that your setup is totally screwed, I recommend to either restore a System Image or do a System Restore to the point before before you set up Hyper-V and start from scratch. You can try to remove all your network switches using the Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager and manually removing all network bridges, then reboot and try creating the switches again, but I doubt this will work.

Tutorial: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/35366-win10-hyper-v-cannot-connect-internet-vm-can-only-ping-router.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys I would really appreciate your help with this My antivirus notified of malware yesterday I failed to take note of malware name Also scanned with WIN defender at the time and noticed BrowserModifier Win DefaultTab in history but I think my antivirus found something else too I proceeded with cleaning quarantining etc but I lost internet connection afterwards displays as connected HDD / Internet WIN10 100% Possibly No Connection Activity / Malware to wifi router but internet connection not available I followed multiple online guides to fix it but no luck I also performed system restore I know I probably shouldn't have done that but again no luck Also the fan is constantly very loud HDD activity No Internet Connection / HDD 100% Activity / Possibly Malware WIN10 is at and it takes a good while to boot up and when it does it is terribly slow mins to open ccleaner for example Attached is FRST log amp additon Hope you don't mind that I'm attaching both as it's huge Laptop details Make Acer V - g i GB RAM - shouldn't be slow at all OS WIN Thank you in advance

A:No Internet Connection / HDD 100% Activity / Possibly Malware WIN10

UPDATE: I could not afford to wait long so after multiple unsuccessful attempts decided to reset windows which did the trick and all seems to be working perfectly. Please close the topic. Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584599/no-internet-connection-hdd-100-activity-possibly-malware-win10/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have some old instructions on how to do this (I currently have Win 7 and Win 10 and want to add Win 10 insider version) but they do not work with Win 10.
The instructions I have involve a command prompt to rebuildbcd. But with Win 10, when I get to Troubleshoot/Advanced Options there is no command prompt option.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/55606-how-triple-boot-win-7-win10-win10-insider.html
Relevancy 43.43%

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

A:speed issue with Win 7 pro x64

Quote: Originally Posted by pctechdude

as subject say my internet connection on this computer is only getting half of the speed I should be getting. this has been tested with three different connections, two wifi and the LAN.

Download speeds are slow as well. I have a 20mbps down and 1mbps up. I can achieve about 10mpbs down and 500kbps up.

All other computers on the network are running win 7 pro x86 and have full speed.

Any idea's?

Could be a bad network driver, configuration issue, bad cable, conflict with another device on wifi, dns, etc

Can you go to start>search>type cmd>right click and run as admin>ipconfig /all

Take a screenshot and upload it to us.

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139915-speed-issue-win-7-pro-x64.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HP DL145
2.32ghz x2
2gb RAM
Win7 x64

I am having a strange issue. My wired download speed is .80/mbps while my upload is 8.5/mbps. The connection is FIOS 35/35 and I am having zero issues with any other cpu on the network wired or wireless.

This is a new machine with a fresh install on it. The only 'third party' app is Chrome.

Network setup is follows:
Verizon FIOS ont box > Cisco E1000 Router > Linksys 24port 10/100 switch

This box is plugged into the switch at the end of the chain. I have swapped cables and have tested different machines. Everything else is working fine but not this machine.

Any tips?

A:Speed Issue

Is that the speed that you are seeing when you download a file or is it through a speed test?

Also, if that is the speed while downloading a file but your speed test is fine; Does the download start high then drop down?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181580-speed-issue.html