Windows Support Forum

Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower

Q: Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower

I am helping a friend who inherited a Gateway DVD eject from tower Gateway button Accessing desktop from a family member I had to replace the CD DVD drive on her tower and managed to get the case open relatively easily once I found a Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower YouTube video on opening a Gateway tower I replaced the drive but when I went to put the front back on the case I noticed that the front bezel effectively covered the eject button on the DVD drive making it impossible to open close the drive via the button nbsp There are Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower two bays of the right size on this particular Gateway tower both at the very top of the tower The bezel has a hinged door that folds down in front of each of the two upper bays so that you can access the drive when you need access but the bezel itself has a tallish horizontal divider that covers the eject button nbsp I'm having trouble believing that anyone could actually design something that definitely blocks access to the eject button which is below the drive tray just like on most DVD drives so I'm guessing there is a trick of some kind to removing the crossbrace or whatever it is that is blocking access to the eject button I'm darned if I can figure out the trick though The crossbrace has some kind of slidey-thing on the side facing the computer but pushing it does nothing that I can see and the crossbrace itself seems to be the same piece as the bezel nbsp Could someone tell me either a how to remove that crossbrace orb confirm that it can't be done because the bezel is poorly designed nbsp Many thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower

Can you post the desktop model number and pics of old and new drives?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Accessing-DVD-eject-button-from-Gateway-tower/td-p/417808/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 109.12%

I am helping a friend who inherited a Gateway desktop from a family member I had to replace the button tower from Gateway Accessing eject DVD CD DVD drive on her tower and managed to get the case open relatively easily once I found a Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower YouTube video on opening a Gateway tower I replaced the drive but when I went to put the front back on the case I noticed that Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower the front bezel effectively covered the eject button on the DVD drive making it impossible to open close the drive via the button nbsp There are two bays of the right size on this particular Gateway tower both at the very top of the tower The bezel has a hinged door that folds down in front of each of the two upper bays so that you can access the drive when you need access but the bezel itself has a tallish horizontal divider that covers the eject button nbsp I'm having trouble believing that anyone could actually design something that definitely blocks access to the eject button which is below the drive tray just like on most DVD drives so I'm guessing there is a trick of some kind to removing the crossbrace or whatever it is that is blocking access to the eject button I'm darned if I can figure out the trick though The crossbrace has some kind of slidey-thing on the side facing the computer but pushing it does nothing that I can see and the crossbrace itself seems to be the same piece as the bezel nbsp Could someone tell me either a how to remove that crossbrace orb confirm that it can't be done because the bezel is poorly designed nbsp Many thanks

A:Accessing DVD eject button from Gateway tower

Can you post the desktop model number and pics of old and new drives?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Accessing-DVD-eject-button-from-Gateway-tower/td-p/417808
Relevancy 64.5%

So I have a Dell studio, I use to run Ubuntu 10.04 on there and I re-installed Windows 7 on there. The problem is my disc drive has a button on the key board to eject the disc cause my I don't have the disc tray I have the slot on the side where you just slide the disc in, since I have re installed Windows 7 it has not worked so I was hoping someone could tell me how to set the button up to where it is the eject button. I know I can right click on the disc in computer and click on eject but if possible I would like by eject button to work properly. Thanks for any help.

A:Eject button fix, please help.

You'll most likely need to download the drivers for that functionality (.

Go here and put in your model number to find the drivers available:

Dell - Drivers and Downloads

First, make sure you have the chipset drivers installed, then install the Quickset Application (this is under the Application tab). This application is unfortunately needed for those touch-sensitive buttons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/138411-eject-button-fix-please-help.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi is there a keyboard shortcut to eject the cd-drive
or can i place something on the desk top

cheeers

A:short cut for eject button

We discussed this on another forum I frequent.
http://www.littleblackdog.com/viewto...ighlight=eject

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/short-cut-for-eject-button-89543.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am not sure exactly why or when this started, but my eject button will not work. It doesn't respond to me after the OS has loaded, but it will work perfectly before hand during BIOS process. The DVD drive can only be ejected with the eject option when right-clicking the drive in Windows explorer.

Im using windows 7, Dell laptop studio 1555.

A:Eject button Not working.

You could try reinstalling drivers from Dell website.

Go to http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/uk/en/ukdhs1/DriversHome/ShowProductSelector?fkey=Drivers_PS
enter your 7 digit service tag (hover on the ? if you don't know what/where this is).

You can also manually release cd/dvds

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvBBSbeVsnQ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eject-button-not-working.1095006/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all, thanks for reading.

I have 2 packard bell Ixtreme pc's (x2613 and x6618) and i recently upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate 64bit on both, but in doing so i have lost the external cd eject button function. I can still eject from "my computer" or even stick a pencil behind the cd door and press the main eject on the units themselves but i would rather just use the proper button.
I have read that its a driver that is needed as its a usb based operation but i cant find any that work. Packard bell dont have support (what a supprise) and Gateway dont seem to know either.
Have anyone else had this problem and have you sorted it ?

Thanks for any help in any way.

Regards,

Vale.

A:CD eject button needs driver?

Its a bit weird problem; and frankly the one I haven't heard in years now. Anyway, for the time being i can suggest you to use shortcuts on your desktop to eject/close the CD/DVD tray.

You can do this by downloading this nirmcd utility (at the bottom of the page). Please use the following instructions to create shortcuts for this purpose:

1. Right-click on the desktop or elsewhere and choose New Shortcut.

2. In the location box, type the full path to nircmd.exe that you downloaded (& unzipped), and append the ?cdrom open? command to the end of it, also don't forget to adjust the drive letter to match your disc drive:, as illustrated here.

?C:\path\to\nircmd.exe? cdrom open D:

3. Rename the shortcut to Eject CD-DVD.

You can follow the same instructions to create a shortcut for closing the cd/dvd rom drive; just alter cdrom open for cdrom close.

Also you can assign any icons you want to, to these shortcuts.

For convenience you can also assign keyboard shortcuts to do this operation. I hope this will slightly improve your life

I will look for resolution of the actual issue, and if i find something meaningful i will get back to you ASAP. Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-eject-button-needs-driver.143722/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey guys another question I recently got back from the Army and yesterday I fished out my old computer from storage at my grandparent s house It seems to be in working order but in the two and a half years or so it s been in storage most of my connector cables and old files transfering tower and Accessing from peripherals have gone missing in particular my power cord and my monitor Basically all I ve got is my old tower a beat up keyboard and a cheap mouse Now it s an old rig and I ve got a Accessing and transfering files from old tower brand new laptop so I m overly worried about it s condition as long as it will turn on ONCE I ll be happy but I would like to access my old harddrive and transfer a number of files to my new computer What would be the best way to do this Without access to a monitor I can t really turn it on and transfer files manually onto one of my flash drives I d rather not have to pay Accessing and transfering files from old tower for or find a new one either as that might take a few days and at any rate I won t use the monitor more than once so can I work around it For example if I ran a USB cord between the tower and my laptop could I access the harddrive directly that way Or is it possible to use my laptop as a makeshift plug and play monitor keyboard setup somehow Any ideas would help Thanks nbsp

A:Accessing and transfering files from old tower

Really cannot use USB to transfer files without other hardware/software.

Your best bet would be to buy a USB/IDE (ATA) hard drive enclosure and put the hard drive from the old computer in it or get a USB to IDE adapter. They cost about the same and are a lot cheaper than a new monitor.
The hard drive enclosure is probably the better of the two options. Depending on the size and condition of the old HD, you can use it for a backup device and additonal storage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-and-transfering-files-from-old-tower.874811/
Relevancy 62.78%
Relevancy 62.78%

After opening up and closing the desktop unit, the CDROM eject button doesn't work.It's not obvious to me what the physical link is between the button and the device.Can anyone describe how this works and/or how to fix it?Thanks, ==mwh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CDROM-drive-eject-button/td-p/5790666
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently installed my IDE Internal ZIP cd-rw drive on a newer computer with windows xp I did not install the roxio software easy cd amp direct cd because Iomega says it will not work on xp and Iomega is too cheap to support us with external (IDE 650 button Drive) zip eject download upgrades I can buy a new Drive for less than their software I also installed an IDE Samsung SH-S M cd-dvd writer and the Nero software which came with it My zip seems to work with nero except I cannot eject a cd-rw data disk formatted with Nero Incd by using the external eject button on the drive I can eject by right clicking the drive in My Computer and clicking eject However the external eject button will work on a cd-r data zip 650 (IDE Drive) external eject button disk This drive worked fine on my old Windows SE machine using Adaptec software Is this a software problem If so what is the best software out there which will work with both drives Thanks bettme nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

hi everyone thought i would post this thread for anyone having problems with the eject button the norm is to use the button manager software(Gateway Photo Frame Software Version 4.2.3.10) that only runs when windows is running after you log in. well i made a discovery after having one of these machines for 7 months! on the right hand side of the front case where the drive is there is a push button encased that ejects the drive it works if you are in the bios handy if you need to use a disc to boot the pc,system recovery. or reinstalling windows, made the discovery today after having the front panel off to fit a bay cooler

A:Packard Bell Ixtreme dvd/cd eject button

many thanks - I consider myself not totally stupid, and I was searching for it....

real stupid place to put it....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/102217-packard-bell-ixtreme-dvd-cd-eject-button.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Morning Totally odd one here and the first time I have every seen it Recently built a new studio shuts Computer I Eject Drive on off DVD when press button recording rig with the following parts CPU Intel Core i K Motherboard ASUS P Z -V Graphics PNY Quadro FX Network Intel Gigabit Ethernet Audio RME HDSPe Multiface II Memory GB Kingston HyperX Genesis DDR - MHz w Intel XMP Optical Drive Asus DRW- B ST x DVD-RW Drive HD Crucial M in SATA III Solid State Drive GB HD Seagate GB Barracuda HD Seagate TB Barracuda Case Coolermaster CM II Advanced PSU Corsair HX Professional Series OS Windows Professional Bit SP Yesterday and then again today I used the DVD drive basically for it's firs real usage to rip a few CDs I ripped a couple with no issues but then suddenly - after about the third or th rip - I would merely reach down press the Eject button on the drive and the machine would instantly shutdown No blue screen no message no nothing At first I thought it was static or something - just reaching over to the machine and pressing the button Event viewer says nothing However I did see one obscure message back on Oct th that stated this quot The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort quot Gotta think that's this DVD drive port But no other messages at all since then Anyone Computer shuts off when I press Eject button on DVD Drive got ANY ideas as to what the heck is going on It's a SATA drive - maybe a cable Maybe the drive controller is actually FUBAR-ed Maybe the power supply Motherboard I hope not FYI No other problems whatsoever with the rig if I do not touch the drive Appreciate any ideas on where I should start looking Cheers VP

A:Computer shuts off when I press Eject button on DVD Drive

VP, I would check out the Power Supply as pressing the eject button will increase the power drain on your PS.

Just an idea.
Do you have another DVD drive to replace it with in case it is the drive not the PS?

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260391-computer-shuts-off-when-i-press-eject-button-dvd-drive.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I have been unable to open the CD-ROM disk drive. The LED eject button light doesn't turn on either. I have a Dell LATITUDE E5500.

I would appreciate any assistance on this matter, so I'll be able to properly install software from a disk. Thanks.

A:CD-ROM disk drive not opening, LED eject button light not on

Welcome
Lets start by checking the driver
Go to search and type device manager
In manager look for yellow warning markers. If none make sure that driver for the drive is up to date

If it actually does not open. There is a little hole use a paper clip to open
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstr...t/ppdropen.htm
Watch the video too

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/286599-cd-rom-disk-drive-not-opening-led-eject-button-light-not.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, since installing Windows 8, the DVD eject button on my Packard Bell Ixtreme X8540 won't work. I've searched for solutions and installed the Gateway Photo Frame 4.1.3.10 software by I/O Interconnect as suggested, but this hasn't fixed the problem. Any idea what I can do to fix it? Thanks.

A:Ixtreme X8540 DVD eject button won't work after Windows 8

Hi Funkybass99, and welcome to Eight Forums! I hope you enjoy the forum as much as the members here!

As for the error, in the Windows Explorer window (My Conputer, etc), is the drive showing up as DVD_Drive X: (X = Drive Letter) or something of similarity? If not, then the drive may not be compatible with Windows 8.

Also, if you don't mind, please link your threads by adding your other thread link (Ixtreme X8540 Surround sound not working after Windows 8.) into the opening post!

Thanks, and good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/17585-ixtreme-x8540-dvd-eject-button-wont-work-after-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 61.49%

It WAS a great computer with XP Media that I got someone as a gift After years he recently gave it back saying it was unusable and if I didn't want it it was going to the trash bin I figured maybe tower to Trying CoreDuo old resucitate Gateway run some malware antivirus programs etc and it'd be Trying to resucitate old Gateway CoreDuo tower back to normal Way wrong His partner used it to stay on facebook all the time and I don't know how or what she did online but it seems like she killed the computer and raised it from the dead as a Zombie After boot if the cat is in the HDD light stays permanently illuminated you cannot do anything on the computer and it consumes all the bandwidth available on the connection So it must be a zombie spambot right Remove the network cable and after a minute or the HDD light extinguishes and our bandwidth returns You can even slowly navigate around the computer I've run Avast Malwarebytes IObit and Spybot s amp d

A:Trying to resucitate old Gateway CoreDuo tower

Fresh install is the only option. I suggest installing Windows 7 legitimately and then installing Windows 10, as it is relatively light on resources. 32 bit, of course.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585020/trying-to-resucitate-old-gateway-coreduo-tower/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Gateway GR series tower It came with mb of RAM Last owner upgraded it to gb of ram and it has another mb ram in it Anyways I just checked out the specs and it maxes out at GB of RAM machine is years old I purchased PNY DDR PC GB of RAM for it for like bucks This is what the shop owner recommended Well after I put in the screen had lines through it looked fuzzy and after - minutes it would shut it's self off Which memory slot do I remove to install the new GB ram stick Do I remove the mb ram stick and install the gb or ram here I tried both options and still get same results Either option I try takes forever to load or it shuts it's self down after minutes After I place in the the GB a back screen comes up with GB of RAM however it doesn't load into the OS Any help suggestions Anyways I returned everything back to the way it was and now it seems it has tower RAM Gateway Adding 500GR to a spinning cursor or after - minutes it shuts it's self down This is my main machine I do strictly for email and invoices through Quick books I tried system restore but it failed Please help All help is greatly appreciated customer doesn't have windows disks and he only wants to backup pictures and quick books the rest Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower of the stuff Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower on the system he doesn't care about Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower Any tricks I can do in safe mode BIOS which slot do I place the GB of ram in the mb or the slot that has already GB of ram in it PS It seems it has memory slots on the motherboard not sure what those are for Any ideas Thanks Mjv

A:Adding RAM to Gateway 500GR tower

Try running the computer in safe mode with networking, see if it still shuts down. Since you are back to the original RAM configuration, it could be the video card (check for updated drivers, and reseat the card) or power supply the is going bad. Also the RAM needs to be installed in pairs.

Also if you can, go to crucial.com, and see which type and amount of RAM the computer uses. Although you may not be able to use their system scanner in safe mode, you will need to search manually.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/adding-ram-to-gateway-500gr-tower-931362.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I found a Gateway (model: P5-200 MMX Multimedia LPMINI-Tower) (serial is 0007633896) a week ago and I'm trying to see if it still works and what parts of it I can still salvage, learn more about computers, and tinker with it on linux.

When I plugged it in, it automatically booted up, but remained stuck at a weird state, with a blank screen on the monitor, the LED lights [on the monitor and the tower] were blinking; and the hard drive was spinning.
(I did plug the computer into the surge protector before turning on the power to the surge protector).
Has this boot sequence happened to anyone before ?

I was thiking maybe manually resetting the BIOs may fix something, but I was unsure of the BIOs model, since there's 3 kinds on the gateway website (Evolution 5000 BIOS, versions P15 and P13; and BIOS Revision 4L3TT0X0.15A.0011.P15 ).
Thanks for any help.
keyshawn

Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I did a fresh install of windows 7 and I downloaded all the drivers but the eject button on the keyboard is not working does any body know what could be the issue?

A:Dell Inspiron 1440 eject button on the keyboard is not working?

Maybe not all the Dell applications were installed.

On a Dell, the correct and required install is (1) install Windows (2) Install Dell Laptop System Software (3) Install Motherboard chipset drivers (4) install device drivers including Video, DELL SOUND DRIVERS, Ethernet, touch pad, etc.

Windows 7 will install some drivers, but the Dell supplied, in most cases, is preferred and customized for the Dell hardware. The Dell sound driver is one example.

The Dell downloads, using your service tag number is the best option. You can also access "My Dell Downloads" which includes added software. www.support.dell.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285357-dell-inspiron-1440-eject-button-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I press the physical eject button on my laptops DVD drive Windows 10 completely locks up. Tray doesn't open either. Frozen cursor, ctrl alt del does nothing. I have to force a shutdown by holding the power button down. Going to My PC, right clicking the drive and selecting eject does work though. ASUS K65DE running Windows 10 Enterprise, clean install several months ago. Almost never use the optical drive so only just noticed this recently. Other than this Windows runs normally and the drive is usable. Device manager shows nothing out of the ordinary. Worked fine in Windows 8.1. Stock Windows supplied drivers used on all hardware. I haven't got a clue what to look at or where to go with this issue? I debated whether to post it here or in the software section.

A:Pressing eject button on laptop DVD drive locks up Windows 10 Ent

Sounds like a driver issue or maybe needs a firmware upgrade for the dvd drive. Get the DVD model number from Device Manager and go to the drive mfg web site and look for a firmware upgrade.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/21567-pressing-eject-button-laptop-dvd-drive-locks-up-windows-10-ent.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Trying to find the driver for the cd/dvd button on the pc case? IXTREME X6620 UK
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-5f4ec025f818

A:packard bell ixtreme eject button on pc case not working

What do you mean?
There is no driver for a push button.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/92440-packard-bell-ixtreme-eject-button-pc-case-not-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 60.2%

Brand: Gateway
Type: Desktop
Model: LP MINI TOWER TB3 Essential 500

Problem: Won't turn on
Manufacture Date: 12/02/99

A:Gateway LP MINI TOWER TB3 Essential 500 Desktop won't turn on.

This computer is 16 years old and came with Windows 98. It isn't worth spending time worrying about it; it is just too old and slow.
Processor: Intel Pentium III, 497 MHz
It probably has at most 256MB of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-lp-mini-tower-tb3-essential-500-desktop-wont-turn-on.1146041/
Relevancy 60.2%

Client's tower seems to boot to BIOS but does not continue to Win 7 OS. Long continuous "beep". Nothing shows now on screen, was showing BIOS but not now. Screen notice say "No signal". Graphics adapter built on MB and only one open exp. slot and that is for PCI Express mini card. Any thoughts? I'm thinking MB graphics is dead. Client say it just quit displaying a few days ago after being shut down for the weekend. Screen is known good one in my shop.

A:Gateway DX4860 tower has steady alarm and dos not boot from

Start here.Computer never stops beeping or has solid beephttp://www.computerhope.com/issues/...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/gateway-dx4860-tower-has-steady-alarm-and-dos-not-boot-from/19517.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey Have another build i m working on and can t figure out how to get the DVD drive and the Audio drivers working at the same time It got extremely infected with malware adware etc AFter just reimaging i ran into a problem Gateway Tower ESX S GM MFATXPNT P motherboard intel part id AZRG AA AB - BIOS Version RG A A P Pentium GHz Problem - After loading a fresh copy of winxp pro sp and then the chip graphics network drivers per gateway com except for the audio driver When i tried to install it pop-up tells me that it can t find the driver and to reboot dvd problem with gateway audio drive tower and on driver and try again This is the audio driver to use per gateway com exe - SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio driver version The bios didn t show the audio controller until i disconnected the ribbon problem with dvd drive and audio driver on gateway tower cable from the dvd drive and rebooted XP loaded problem with dvd drive and audio driver on gateway tower and the sound was there I did this a couple of times and same thing Disconnecting the dvd drive seems to allow the audio controller too be seen in the bios and load in xp Looking for a start place to try and trouble shoot this problem Maybe it s the dvd drive but these devices are all original from when it was purchased Any help appreciated and if more problem with dvd drive and audio driver on gateway tower info is needed then please let me know Thanks

A:problem with dvd drive and audio driver on gateway tower

I'd start with...replacing the drive (temporarily) with another.

I don't expect an optical drive to last more than 2 years (it has a 1-year warranty) so failure at any time after that...certainly seems possible to me. The easy test is to try a different drive for a few minutes.

The fact that the optical drive is not recognized in the BIOS...should be a key item of consideration, IMO.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261925/problem-with-dvd-drive-and-audio-driver-on-gateway-tower/
Relevancy 60.2%

Gateway Tower Model 500S
XP Home

This computer takes a long time to boot. I see the Gateway Logo (BIOS Screen) for about 3 minutes, and then it boots to Windows just fine. Don't know why it sits for so long, or what setting, if any, in the BIOS would allow it to boot faster. It is pretty annoying. Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Gateway Tower Sits On Bios Logo Too Long.

Do you have the virus boot scan enabled?
It's having a problem verifying something. Try removing all unnecessary hardware and see if that does anything
I know some BIOS have a quick boot feature. I doubt if Gateway does

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160559/gateway-tower-sits-on-bios-logo-too-long/
Relevancy 59.34%

A while back, I got this P5-133 computer by Gateway with windows 95 from a friend. At the time, we had aol, but then my family switched to comcast because we got a new Dell Windows XP and we wanted to have faster internet. Currently, I have a Linksys router and 3 computers currently hooked up to it: The Dell, and 2 Compaq laptops.

My question is: The Gateway computer has very few ports on the back of it, and I was wanting to hook it up to my internet provider. Is there any way that I can set it up with my current connection, and if not, are there any add-on hardware that I can purchase to get it up and running. THanks in advance to whomever answers my question.

A:Solved: Hooking up a Gateway 2000 P5-133 tower computer to my network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hooking-up-a-gateway-2000-p5-133-tower-computer-to-my-network.867679/
Relevancy 55.04%

My friend has to access his Wi-Fi with the wpa2 button on his router .Why can't I hit a wpa2 button on my phone to receive his Wi-Fi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/11fe4baa-1d6b-43f1-9e64-7444125712e9/accessing-your-wifi-with-wpa2-button?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

If I Back Up Disks, And I Get A Error Message Mark Your Disk And Insert,,,, I Can Not Get The Tray To Open,,,,, And Insert Another Disk. I Have To Completely Shut Down My System To Get The Old Disk Out, And I Cant Do The Backup.... Help

A:Solved: Windows Vista. Eject Tray Wont Eject

Dose this happen ONLY when doing a "Back up" or all the time?

What program are you using to make this Back up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-vista-eject-tray-wont-eject.612642/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have when button network accessing using BSOD or browse resource a workstation that we just BSOD when using browse button or accessing network resource installed It is an Acer i GB RAM GB hard drive and Windows Pro -bit In the last couple of weeks it has started having BSOD problems seemingly randomly Following is the message given when logging in after a BSOD Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Keene Dodge AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I researched it and most seemed to agree that this type of error is driver based so I downloaded all of the newest drivers from the manufacturer's web site and updated them When this did not work I uninstalled the anti-virus program When this did not work I tried Ran CCLEANER for files amp registry Ran Malwarebytes full scan amp AVG full scan on system Disabled all startup items using MSCONFIG Disabled all services EXCEPT Microsoft services using MSCONFIG Ran a CHKDSK F though when I tried to go through the drive properties and select tools I got the BSOD Ran HDTUNE for speed and surface errors though it could not see the SMART info Reviewed the log files and found some drive access errors though no diagnostics showed any problem with the drive I think an example will be included with the captured information as it appeared to be collecting event log info Booted in safe mode w Networking The BSOD did not happen but I couldn't access the network resource anyway Installed all MS updates INCLUDING optional hardware updates I've found the following ways that will BSOD the machine everytime they are performed Type a non http URL into the START SEARCH-RUN box For example I typed in frank to get to a machine named frank Instant BSOD Goto drive properties and select TOOLS from the tabs select the browse button from this sevenforums com page to include a file At first I started using the sevenforums programs amp procedures to capture the requested information and then realized that I still had all of the services amp startup items disabled so I enabled everything and ran a second data capture with a NORMAL startup Both are included as I'm not sure which one will be more useful Thanks in Advance Jeff

A:BSOD when using browse button or accessing network resource

Device Concerns:
Code:
KSecPkg ROOT\LEGACY_KSECPKG\0000 This device is disabled.
NDProxy ROOT\LEGACY_NDPROXY\0000 This device is disabled.
High Definition Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C20&SUBSYS_04921025&REV_05\3&11583659&0&D8 This device is disabled.
Were you aware of the above? If so, please explain your troubleshooting steps.
Software Concerns:Security Software: ??? Make sure to install security software. I recommend either of these:Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows coupled with Malwarebytes. Do not start the free trial of Malwarebytes. Just use the standalone version, update it, and scan your computer once a week with Malwarebytes and with Microsoft Security Essentials.

Good and Free system security combination.

After installing your security software, update it, and then run full scans today with each program. Report back the results of the scans.

Analysis:Crashes point to a network related issue. Could be a virus/malware on the system. Crashes may also indicate Windows corruption.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238947-bsod-when-using-browse-button-accessing-network-resource.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I upgraded from Vista to W7 ultimate, when I try to use the optical drive eject key nothing happens. I can eject the disc by navigating to the disc in Computer, r click, eject. Unable to find updated driver on hp site. HP Pavilion dv3-1075US. Any help is appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72, AMD64 Family 17 Model 3 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3837 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 292317 MB, Free - 238048 MB; D: Total - 12923 MB, Free - 2037 MB;
Motherboard: Compal, 1506, 14.31
Antivirus: Norton 360 Premier Edition, Updated and Enabled

A:hp pavilion eject key fails to eject disc

Hi and welcome to TSG.

My first thought would be a physical problem with the button. Optical drives don't have any drivers as such to download, they are an inbuilt driver in Windows. If it works fine via the Control Panel (right click, eject) as you say but doesn't work with the button on the machine, then I suspect the button may be broken.

Probably your easiest solution is to but a new drive, they are pretty cheap.

For standard CD/DVD drives: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=55&name=CD-DVD-Drives

For CD/DVD writers: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=5&name=CD-DVD-Burners

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-eject-key-fails-to-eject-disc.985851/
Relevancy 53.32%

My one year old Gateway DX-4200 started having re-boot issues where it would not power back up. Power button fades in and out. The power supply has been checked out OK. The motherboard has been replaced with a new one but the problem persists. At first I could get around the issue by unplugging the power cable then it would power up OK. Now the power button just fades in and out from the beginning and will not go any further.

A:Gateway PC will not power up - button fades in and out

I don't know what you mean by, "...Power button fades in and out..."

Did you change anything that would put unusual demands on your power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-pc-will-not-power-up-button-fades-in-and-out.136220/
Relevancy 52.89%

Dell E Intell Pentium D g memory WinXP I have been having a problem starting my computer from the tower Called Dell the first time but it just orange Can't flashing has light start start, tower on button, happened to start up while I was talking to them They said I probably pushed the button on a slant Well it has happened twice since I shut down normally last night Can't start, tower has flashing orange light on start button, amp this morning pushed the start button made sure I wasn t quot slanted quot same thing I get a flashing orange light and then a voice that says quot Press repeat button to receive setup instructions quot Where is a repeat button I have held the start button in for a minimum of minutes but it won t shut off Pulled power amp let it sit for min amp tried again flashing orange So I just let it continue flashing and this time it finally shut off Went to start again walla it started Now this is the third time and I am afraid the next time it won t start ever Someone out there able to help Was surprised at Dell trying to sell me tech help in North America so I could get faster response time amp a North American This was before they would start to answer my question nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Basicallly the power button is stuck in, no amount of fidgeting has gotten it out, and I'm reluctant to open her up for fear that I may end up doing something stupid and irrepairible. If someone has the same kind of computer as me and they would be willing to show a step by step solution to the problem...that would be swell.

the Power button is above the keyboard and the cover is attached to the monitor hinges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-mx7515-power-button-stuck.691635/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, I use a Gateway Windows 8 Home Premium 64 Bit.
I have a Gateway Computer, and it comes with a Gateway "Power Button" on the Task bar which many of my Computer users like to use. When you click on it, it comes up with 5 Power Options, "Lock", "Sleep", "Hibernate", "Restart", and "Shutdown".

The issue is, when we shutdown the computer from this menu, it takes twice as long to shutdown, then when I turn back on the computer, it takes 3 times as long to startup.

However, when I shutdown the Computer from the charms bar in settings, blazing fast shutdown then blazing fast startup.

Fast startup on the computer is enabled, but it seems like it only works when shutting down from the charms bar.

Why when I shutdown from the Gateway Power Button does it not utilize fast startup? Is there a way to fix this?

Relevancy 52.03%

Ok, I have never seen a power supply test button. My client has a Gateway midel MFATXSTLELP500s P 4 atx form factor - it will not power on all - when I opened the case - there is a small buttin on the side of the power supply with a blue sticker pointing to it that states " test button" so I pressed held it and all the fans come on but no video - when I let ig go everything turns back off - what does this mean? bad power supply or mobo or what? any help?

Relevancy 52.03%

So i ve had my Gateway SE for a few years now Around november the computer seemed to have a problem I left one night while leaving it on came button power has Gateway yellow 300SE turn won't & on home and the power Gateway 300SE has yellow power button & won't turn on button was yellow I figured it was in sleep mode but it never seemed to turn back on ever So I just bought a laptop and figured it had died Well now I have to get back on that computer I m a graphic designer and realized my whole portfolio that I am in desperate need of now is loaded onto the hard drive of that computer So is there any way I could get the computer Gateway 300SE has yellow power button & won't turn on fixed or does anyone know what possibly the problem could be I figured something was fried in it I m no computer whiz so I have no idea what to do The only thing I can think of is to download all my old stuff off that hard drive onto a new one or whatever I did that once but forget how i could learn though I Gateway 300SE has yellow power button & won't turn on d really like to get the computer up and working though because a computer is a computer it d save me some money Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Gateway 300SE has yellow power button & won't turn on

Well the most likely posibilities are the Powersupply and the Motherboard. First inspect the motherboard and any other components for phyiscal signs that they have been fried (burn Marks,burnt smell).If no phisical damage is seen replace the powersupply
Here are some links to replacements.

A 300W powersupply should be suficent but has limited upgradeibility
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103463
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104933

I recomend one of the 350W powersupplies below
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104901
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681710393
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681710345
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S31ATX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-300se-has-yellow-power-button-wont-turn-on.56376/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 50.31%
A:How do I remove "eject device" tool from taskbar (no devices to eject)

The tool won't show up if there are no devices to eject.

Have you right clicked on it? What does it show?

There are devices which you may not realize are considered removable, such as hot-swap hard drives.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/11359-how-do-i-remove-eject-device-tool-taskbar-no-devices-eject.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello all. A freind of mine had his Gateway PC crash last night. I wasn't around to help him fix it so he called tech support. They reformatted his HDD but placed all of his files and programs in a "restore folder." Everything is working fine now, but he cannot access this "restore folder" so he can access all his stored data and programs. Has anyone encountered a problem like this before? Is there some Gateway-specific program he needs to use to access the restore folder? He told me he tried to just open the folder but that didn't work. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

P.S. He's running Windows XP Pro. He doesn't remember the model number of the PC, but it was purchased in Nov. 2004, and it was supposedly their top model then. Thanks again.

ejames_nyc

A:Need help accessing Gateway "Restore Folder" (WinXP-Pro)

He can't access the folder...

Is the folder visable or can he not find it? If he is simply being denied access, it may be due to the prior permissions set up on that folder.

How to take ownership of a folder

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-accessing-gateway-restore-folder-winxp-pro.410752/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 43%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L4550-S5976 running under Windows 7. When I start it up (and if I catch it at the right time), the touchpad buttons work fine for a few minutes. After the machine completely boots, the touchpad button problems start - the left button performs as the right button and the right button does nothing.

On a lark, I plugged in a USB mouse and rebooted. When I do that, the mouse works fine AND the touchpad buttons work properly. Carrying around a mouse isn't always convenient so I'd like to have the machine work as expected.

I tried updating the touchpad drivers - that did not fix the problem. I even reinstalled Windows 7 on the machine - that did not fix the problem either.

Any ideas what I could do next to fix this problem?

Thanks, Brian

A:Touchpad Left button does Right Button actions and Right Button does nothing

try in safe mode, that may work. if it does, remove programs that run on startup one by one until you find the one causing the issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touchpad-left-button-does-right-button-actions-and-right-button-does-nothing.974852/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all I'm running on a relatively new install of On Accessing Accessing New HD Internet BSOD / Startup / Windows bit Ultimate I recently about - weeks ago installed BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet a new HD and decided to have a fresh start so everything was formatted followed by win install Everything has been running great up until mid day yesterday Out of what seems like nowhere I experienced or BSOD's yesterday and from what I could tell they occurred when I tried to do any of the following Access drive D and play a video BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet file This is the new HD it would instantly BSOD Access internet within minute of startup Since yesterday I haven't had any BSOD's and have had the computer running I haven't tried to play any videos off of HD and haven't reset my computer since hoping that whatever it was has gone away although I'm sure it hasn't For the record I have accessed some music files on drive D without any issue as well as several word and excel documents not sure if that makes any difference I have a feeling it may have something to do with my new HD that I installed but have no idea what it could be as it was running without issue up until yesterday for at least if not weeks My system specs are as follows OS Windows bit Ultimate Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group Model A G M Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX other info -all drivers should be up to date to the best of my knowledge - i've looked around and have seen a lot of recommendations to run memtest I have yet to do so I've enclosed a system health report and minidump file as outlined on forum requirements Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide that would be of help Thank you in advance

A:BSOD On Startup / Accessing New HD / Accessing Internet

two issues

1-Related to BIOS64.sys I/O Interface driver file from BIOSTAR Group. YOURS from 2003

2-Related to Rt64win7.sys 8101E/8168/8169 NDIS 6.20 64-bit Driver from Realtek Corporation

Re-install newest version available for both the above.

AVG can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214651-bsod-startup-accessing-new-hd-accessing-internet.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Hello At the beginning of Sept I posted a BSOD thread here that was eventually resolved The situation then as now was is that I received BSOD Gateway Mode In Safe NV53 On Boot Recurrence Only Gateway Will -- an error about Windows Desktop Manager then went to BSOD I received BSOD Recurrence On Gateway Gateway NV53 -- Will Only Boot In Safe Mode some great assistance by a Forum Adviser but still could not resolve the problem This included hours of driver verifier chkdsk scan etc and attempts at restore and repair I received a suggestion to re-seat my Memory Chips by another adviser and then then told to repair with the Windows install DVD I did not have one but I was able to create a bootable DVD-R and USB Flash The USB would NOT boot but I was able to get the DVD to go into upgrade and the files reloaded which allowed the laptop to begin working again Two days ago the BSOD reappeared Without going into more detail of what I have tried I am posting here hoping for assistance I am attaching the Grab All zipped file as well as a BSOD file created in Niro's viewer

A:BSOD Recurrence On Gateway Gateway NV53 -- Will Only Boot In Safe Mode

Hello Jim, I got it from your crash dump:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck DA, {504, fffff6fc40005bd8, 1, b7b}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+b57b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
So no valid probable cause.

According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x000000DA: SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE
Usual causes: Device driver

In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262543-bsod-recurrence-gateway-gateway-nv53-will-only-boot-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've had a Gateway NV78 Laptop for about 4 years now and have never had any problems. Today, when I turned it on it got stuck on the black screen with the Gateway logo showing, and on the bottom left corner it says "Press <F2> to enter setup". If I press F2 it then says "Please Wait...", but nothing happens, the screen just stays frozen like that.Anyone know how to fix this issue???message edited by Scorpjb

A:Gateway NV78 problem. Gateway screen with f2 showing bottom

This 1st thing I would try is shutdown the laptop, unplug the AC adapter, remove the battery, then press & hold the power button for at least 20 seconds. After doing that, reconnect everything & try powering it back up.If that doesn't work, try response #3 in the following thread:http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/gateway-nv78-problem-gateway-screen-with-f2-showing-bottom/18900.html
Relevancy 40.42%

as stated in the title, the laptop will not boot windows. every now and then it will try to. it will work its way passed the gateway splash screen and the screen will go black with the white dot progress indicator in the middle of the screen and there it will stay till you turn off the computer. however there are times that it doesnt even make it off the splash page.

the lap top is not mine so i do not know any of the specs of it off hand the casing does not have a model name/number. i do know it is running windows 8.1 and that this issue occurred after waking the laptop up from hibernate. i know this is not much to go off of but any help regarding this issue would greatly help me out. thank you.

-kelbec

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52387-gateway-laptop-wont-boot-windows-8-after-gateway-logo.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have an old gateway laptop that is not booting left it on for 3 hrs no screen change power supply not the problem tested the laptop with a replacement PS no change

A:gateway laptop wont boot past gateway symbol

Here is a possible fix. More to follow.1: Turn off your computer and unplug the power for 10mins.2: Plug the power back in and make sure you press Fn and F6 at the same time as your computer is starting up.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/gateway-laptop-wont-boot-past-gateway-symbol/13759.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok I'm trying to get a Windows Home Premium -bit boot repair disk I have all the reinstall disks to do a back to factory settings that was purchased from Gateway Acer but I do not have a boot repair disk to fix the UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME on the BSOD I tried to contact Microsoft and provided the Product key on the laptop but was informed that I would have to contact the manufacturer because it was a preloaded Windows I think it is counting! Gateway and contact over Microsoft Gateway, 3hrs says hold... says wrong of them not to help since it is their OS that is causing the problem But none the less I tried contacting Gateway but after holding for an eternity and never actually getting a human only to be disconnected it is getting very frustrating After finally figuring out how to reach the BSOD never thought I would be glad about getting the BSOD ha to see the information it supplied Then finally finding out Microsoft says contact Gateway, Gateway says hold... over 3hrs and counting! for sure I have the Microsoft says contact Gateway, Gateway says hold... over 3hrs and counting! bit all I need now is the Windows Home Premium bit with out the Service Pack attached to it Unless I have been misinformed on another site and I CAN use the Home Premium SP to boot from Will I mess up my chance of booting Microsoft says contact Gateway, Gateway says hold... over 3hrs and counting! the laptop back to life and out of the endless loop if I use the SP I don't want to make matters worse since I do not think it was updated with the service pack before it got stuck looping on the Windows Error Recovery Screen I still can not get to any files in any of the usual ways as in F Alt F or any of the other ways to see if it was updated or not I just assume since the owner of the laptop does not seem like the kind to update the OS with the SP But I am not positive whether they did or did not do an update nor can I look to see since I can't get to the files Oh I might add I already tried to use the reinstall disks but after it seemed to go through all the process of loading the disks plus the system disk and language disk and reboots it goes right back to the Windows Error Recovery screen and loops to that screen over and over and over No I can not use F to turn off the automatic restart I got the blue screen to show by a different way I hope someone would be so kind as to help Thanks LuLu the Hillbilly

A:Microsoft says contact Gateway, Gateway says hold... over 3hrs and counting!

You appear to have a legal product key, you can down load a copy of what you need from the site below.

http://superuser.com/questions/78761/where-can-i-download-windows-7-legally-from-microsoft

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565823/microsoft-says-contact-gateway-gateway-says-hold-over-3hrs-and-counting/
Relevancy 39.99%

I was given a Gateway GM E to try to fix I first removed the case door and blew out the dust I then reseated the memory sticks and power and data cables to the hard drive and motherboard I noticed that the hard drive had power supplies connected to it for SATA and PATA I disconnected the power cable for the PATA I attempted to boot the computer up but it only beeped three times and stayed where it was at I narrowed the problem down to two of the four memory sticks were incompatible with the other two I removed the two MB Samsung sticks leaving two GB Kingston sticks and then tried to reboot again Once again three beeps and freeze I then discovered that one of the GB memory sticks was bad I removed the bad one I then removed the battery and reset the BIOS and CMOS by moving the BIOS jumper to the amp pins I rebooted the computer which came up to the BIOS setup screen I cleared any passwords and made sure that it was setup to boot first to the CD DVD Rom I saved changes and exited I then moved the BIOS jumper back to the amp pins I tried a restart only to watch the monitor stay on the quot NO PC signal quot Gateway GM5066E Gateway Boot Will To Solved: Screen The Only black screen for seconds or more After that the screen went black After a minute or so I hit the quot ENTER quot key The screen then went to the green Gateway screen The mouse would move around the screen normally but I could not get to any Solved: Gateway GM5066E Will Only Boot To The Gateway Screen other screen The hard drive activity LED was flashing like it was loading up programs After that the HDD LED light would only blink twice continuously Sometimes it will just continue to blink once I tried several attempts to get it to boot up I am unable to reboot it I can only try to boot up by turning Solved: Gateway GM5066E Will Only Boot To The Gateway Screen the power off and then back on The computer is completely unresponsive to pushing the ESC f f f ctrl f or the delete keys on start up It just continues to go through the same sequence as described above and back to the green Gateway screen I am completely baffled nbsp Solved: Gateway GM5066E Will Only Boot To The Gateway Screen

A:Solved: Gateway GM5066E Will Only Boot To The Gateway Screen

Welcome to TSG!!

With all drives disconnected and any cards besides the video card (unless video is onboard) removed, power up and observe. It should go through the POST (or maybe the Gateway splash screen blocks it out), then attempt to boot. With no boot devices available, it should let you know that, and prompt something like <F1> to retry or <F2> to enter Setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gateway-gm5066e-will-only-boot-to-the-gateway-screen.989229/
Relevancy 39.99%

I was trying to reset my windows 10 by refreshing it because i had an error message after a scan for virus and maleware that a network protocol was missing and then my pc was running slow and started laggi ng so i tried to efresh windows and it would not go past 53 percent so i tried to reset windows 10 and now it will not do anything only load gateay logo and beep then reload gateway logo and beep and repeating over and over ,

A:gateway desktop pc will not boot on past the gateway logo ..

You might need to download on another machine the Windows 10 upgrade to burn DVD and try to use that to repair or reinstall.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/gateway-desktop-pc-will-not-boot-on-past-the-gateway-logo-/530.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have been given an older gateway computer to fool with Origianlly nothing worked I was able to MB MS-6312 Flex 2000 Gateway/Brookings Gateway with find the mother board for it on the net and I replaced it Now it will turn on and I get the logo screen and press F to make changes and For system info press the tab key I can do both of those things It won t let me make any changes though It is recognizing the hard drive the floppy keyboard mouse CDROM etc After that screen goes off I get a blinking cursor in the upper lft corner and nothing more I Gateway Flex 2000 with MS-6312 Gateway/Brookings MB have tried putting the windows start up disk in and booting from that but the same thing always happens as listed above I also tried booting with the windows xp disk The original computer had windows ME Several Gateway Flex 2000 with MS-6312 Gateway/Brookings MB days ago I had posted on the software forum thinking it was a software problem Finally one of them told me it was beyond their expertise and must be a hardware problem Does anyone have any suggestions No matter what I try Gateway Flex 2000 with MS-6312 Gateway/Brookings MB I end up with the same blinking cursor and nothing else nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hello Great site Long time lurker first time poster Anyway I m having an issue with my Gateway to Gateway VPN connection I have Gateway VPN working, - Was Gateway isn't to issue nownow. outlined the settings for both sites and I feel I should mention that this was an established connection that was working until I came in this morning Nothing has changed as far as I know but for some reason I am not able to reconnect Can you see any reason why this would be Of course I ve changed the WAN IPs and Shared Key for security purposes Thanks Daniel Site A Router Cisco RSV -------- Local Group Setup - Local Security Gateway Type IP Only IP address Local Security Group Type Subnet IP address Subnet Mask Remote Group Setup - Remote Security Gateway Type IP Only IP Address Remote Secutity Group Subnet IP Address Subnet IPSec Setup - Keying Mode IKE with Preshared Key Phase - Encryption DES Authentication MD Group -bit Key Lifetime Phase - Encryption DES Authentication MD Perfect Forward Secrecy Enabled Preshared Key MySuperSecreateKey Group -bit Key Lifetime Site B Router Linksys RV -------- Local Group Setup - Local Security Gateway Type IP Only IP address Local Security Group Type Subnet IP address Subnet Mask Remote Group Setup - Remote Security Gateway Type IP Only IP Address Remote Secutity Group Subnet IP Address Subnet IPSec Setup - Keying Mode IKE with Preshared Key Phase - DH Group Group Encryption DES Authentication MD Key Lifetime Perfect Forward Secrecy Checked Phase - DH Group Encryption DES Authentication MD Key Lifetime Preshared Key MySuperSecreateKey nbsp

A:Gateway to Gateway VPN issue - Was working, isn't nownow.

Have you looked at the router logs? There should be some entry in there stating what is breaking. It might be something with the Phase 1/IKE negotiation. But you'll have to check the logs to be sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-to-gateway-vpn-issue-was-working-isnt-nownow.1035528/
Relevancy 39.13%
A:gateway sx crashed-gateway restored partially-no s...

Is there anyway that you can provide a more detailed description of what happened (it crashed out of the blue?) and how you went about restoring it?  Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/gateway-sx-crashed-gateway-restored-partially-no-sound-no-dvd-no/td-p/367917
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a gateway to gateway setup between two rv082 routers, and the tunnel is up and working fine, but I don't understand how to setup to see my domain from one office to the other, each office is on it's one static ip and like I said it is working. I have a domain at my main office and would like to see it and connect to computers (servers) at that location. my domain is internal only, do I need to setup a dyndns account and point is to my server or how does this work? I am lost a this point. I have a vpn setup and that works fine, but that is not what I want. I thought if I am at my other office and with a tunnel connection working I should see the main office computers. please help with detailed instructions.
thanks for any help.

A:Solved: gateway to gateway with rv082 router

So a network diagram would do wonders in understanding what you have set up.

When you say you have a tunnel up between two RV082 routers, you have a site to site VPN tunnel running. So I don't understand what you mean by having a VPN setup, working fine, and that it's not what you want.

If you already have a domain set up, you just need to add the remote computers to the domain. This will require that the routing work properly between the two sites using the site to site VPN tunnel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gateway-to-gateway-with-rv082-router.913278/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi. How is everyone? I am having trouble with my wireless connection. I am using a D-link wireless card and a D-link modem/router. My wireless internet connection drops out about every hour, I refresh my browser, press reconnect to MSN Messenger and it is all good again. But every so often I drops out and won't reconnect, I need to restart the computer to get it connected again. When it does this, I press troubleshoot on messenger and it gives a message " Default gateway - your gateway appears to be offline ". Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks for your replies.

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there.

I have 2 routers in 2 different cities.

Both routers get their IP address through DNS.

Router_A.DynDNS.Org (Local IP: 192.168.2.1) and Router_B.DynDNS.Org (Local IP:192.168.1.1)

I need to setup a gateway to gateway connection between both routers.

Any suggestions? I tried different things, but nothing works out so far.

Here's a screenshot of what I might think is the closest to the solution. But I could be all wrong. I'm trying to have Router_A connect to Router_B.

I'm a newbie in WAN stuff. Any help would be really appreciated.

A:Solved: RV082 - RV016 - Gateway to Gateway

Wow. Can't believe I resolved it myself. Basically, my settings are ok. I need to DISABLE the Block Wan Requests. If you can't ping it, it won't try to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-rv082-rv016-gateway-to-gateway.712165/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an HP that continues to give me the blue screen of death. I have tried everything but after being up over 24 hours straight and having just now gotten another blue screen of death I am going to buy a new system. It is for business and I am going to drive HP crazy until they give me my money back.

What I have now is a 32 bit and one of the systems I am looking at is a 64. I also have a 64 bit laptop. My concern, will I have much trouble with the software? I have seen it as an issue occasionally but not a ton. Here are the specs on both computers so help me out here please

It's too hard to see them compared side by side so I am attaching a word doc.

A:Help me decide... Gateway SX2800-01 vs Gateway DX4200-09

Sorry to hear about your troubles!

The only issue that really arises from 64-bit operating systems is in relation to drivers. I have Windows 7 64-bit, and the majority of my programs are 32-bit and they run without a problem. If you run a 64-bit OS, your drivers MUST be designed for 64-bit Windows. If Gateway is selling you 64-bit Windows, than they have driver support for it. So to put it succinctly, you won't have any problem running 64-bit Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-me-decide-gateway-sx2800-01-vs-gateway-dx4200-09-a-408161.html
Relevancy 39.13%
A:gateway sx crashed-gateway restored partially-no s...

Is there anyway that you can provide a more detailed description of what happened (it crashed out of the blue?) and how you went about restoring it?  Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/gateway-sx-crashed-gateway-restored-partially-no-sound-no-dvd-no/td-p/367917/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 39.13%

After roll back from win 10, option button on touch keyboard froze - no action happens when I click - so I cannot change keyboard language.
Please, help me to fix touch keyboard.
Excuse me for my english.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/753d6f44-cd90-49a7-824d-3bbc4c5a8325/touch-keyboard-option-button-on-win-81-does-not-fuction-as-a-menu-button-i-cannot-change-language?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 38.7%

The, "Ignore Once" button has been replaced with the, "Undo Edit" button in the Spell Check dialog box in MS Office 2007. How do I get this back to the original format?

A:Ignore Once Button is replaced with Undo Edit Button in Spell Check.

I am also having this problem in Office 2003 in Vista. I have seen this question asked all over the internet, for office 2007 and 2003 in XP and Vista, different computers, etc. Does anyone have an answer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ignore-once-button-is-replaced-with-undo-edit-button-in-spell-check-356347.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi In the last day the laptop has been slowing down gradually from being longer in start up to sluggish with within clicks and a now down crash/freezes button couple of button Laptop slowed getting to web pages to be slow when i clicked for the browser to open In the last half day I have only been able to do anything in safe mode as after around three clicks into the browser eventually opening the system would FREEZE This morning I tried downloading Java and it refused so I tried running AVG however it kept repeating an error - Error xe and stopped Laptop slowed down and now crash/freezes within a couple of button button clicks I googled the error and came across http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html and there was also a suggestion to get hijackthis and get a scan which would be helpful it was generally reported in quite a few places unrelated sites etc to those in the know I got hijackthis and did a scan I also ran a malwarebytes scan I ran the DDS scan as asked on this site Below are the DDS scan and the hijackthis scan and I have attached the Attach file This is the DDS scan report Run by M at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E C - B - FA - AB - E CB ECD AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated B F C - - E- - BB D A Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTShellHlp exe C Windows helppane exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uURLSearchHooks uTorrentControl Toolbar b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll mURLSearchHooks uTorrentControl Toolbar b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Tildes Birojs E F - F - fd- - EB AB F - C Program Files x Tildes Birojs IEjosla dll BHO DivX Plus Web Player HTML lt video gt E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll BHO uTorrentControl Toolbar b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll BHO avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO B C- C F- BF -B - A - lt orphaned gt BHO HP Network Check Helper E FD -C BA- DCB- F - BD ADE - C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework Resources HPNetworkCheck HPNetworkCheckPlugin dll TB uTorrentControl Toolbar B - - A A- E - EE E - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll TB uTorrentControl Toolbar b - - a a- e - ee e - C Program Files x uTorrentControl prxtbuTo dll TB avast WebRep E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll TB Tildes Birojs E F - F - fd- - EB AB F - C Program Files x Tildes Birojs IEjosla dll uRun DAEMON Tools Pro Agent quot C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Pro DTAgent exe ... Read more

A:Laptop slowed down and now crash/freezes within a couple of button button clicks

Greetings iamthewanderer and Welcome to the Forums,

Please uninstall these:
?Torrent
uTorrentControl2 Toolbar

...and choose one or the other of these:
AVG
AVAST

...having both installed and running at the same time will most assuredly contribute to a slow performance AND freeze issues. Let us know if you notice any improvement. Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/482366/laptop-slowed-down-and-now-crashfreezes-within-a-couple-of-button-button-clicks/
Relevancy 38.7%

Man this feels weird I m usually the one giving help not asking for it lol Computer HP Pavilion dv Win Professional x This problem started after I left my computer on sleep for a couple hours When I woke it up the touchpad taps and left mouse button clicks brought up the right-click context menu and nothing on the taskbar responded to the cursor hovering over it Also for some reason pressing the Windows key on the keyboard wouldn t bring up the Start menu The only way I ve found to correct this is to plug in a USB mouse and press the right MB on it I also was able to fix it one time by uninstalling the Synaptics drivers and letting Windows restart and find the mouse but after trying mouse button acting tap functional button/touchpad not right MB click, right Left as to reinstall the Synaptics drivers then uninstalling them again after the problem reappeared this method no longer works In either case Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional left click functionality is restored but there is no right click functionality period on the touchpad buttons However the USB mouse that I plug in works normally Also after left click is restored everything on the taskbar and elsewhere responds as it should with the exception of not being able to right click on anything which sucks in Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional W I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Synaptics drivers to see if that would fix it but after reinstalling them and restarting the problem came back Another thing I ve noticed is that even with the Synaptics drivers installed the vertical scroll area doesn t respond All the settings are as they should be for clicking tapping scrolling etc in the device settings Saturday Comodo Internet Security ran its scheduled scan and found nothing I ran another scan after this issue arose and still didn t find anything I will get HJT later on today bad internet connection at the moment and post its log to rule out any remote malware possibility Thanks in advance for your help I d like to try and get a solution before having to deal with HP support Summary Computer left on sleep for a period of time Upon resume left clicks by tap or button press acted as a right click Ever since problem reappears at bootup Only way to fix is to connect an external USB mouse and press the right mouse button on it Everything on taskbar unresponsive Windows button on keyboard will not bring up the Start menu until the above is done Was able to correct it once by uninstalling Synaptics drivers restarting and letting Windows find the device Touchpad left mb would work fine after booting and everything except for being able to right click anything but after reinstalling Synaptics drivers and uninstalling them again after the problem reappeared this no longer fixes the problem After left click functionality is restored no right click functionality whatsoever using right button on pad Vertical scroll area on touchpad also is nonfunctional External USB mouse works perfectly fine Two scans ran with up-to-date Comodo Internet Security both found nothing HJT will be run later and log posted nbsp

A:Left mouse button/touchpad tap acting as right button click, right MB not functional

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/left-mouse-button-touchpad-tap-acting-as-right-button-click-right-mb-not-functional.920837/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
In reference to the following posting, http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19676126:
I am not the individual who initiated this query but I did have the same issue with my Dell Inspiron 5547, where it wouldn't turn on after a power button shut down.
I followed Hema's instructions by removing the battery and charger and then holding down the power button for a few seconds, and then putting back the parts. It seemed to have done the trick... At least for now. Is this just a temporary fix?
While doing a Google search for a solution I seem to have encountered a number of people who experienced the same issue. Can you also explain why this happens with this particular Dell laptop? Is it a model flaw?
Thank you

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984145
Relevancy 38.7%

i have a new carbon x1 notebook. it's a nice notebook, the keyboard is quite ok, but, the print screen button position just pisses me off is there a way to rebind it somewhere else? also, i am missing the dialogue button that uses to be on that place where lenovo has a print screen button

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/rebind-print-screen-button-missing-dialogue-button/td-p/3425118
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi every one Recently I purchased new PC After installing windows XP Pro SP I found that there is a missing button in Power option properties The missing button is When I Button my is not option (When press sleep in button) Power [SOLVED] pr of available I press the sleep button on my computer I can find only When I press the power button on my computer My system configuration is as follow Mother board Gigabyte EP -UD R Rev My graphic card is ATI Radeon HD Windows XP SP RAM Gb Kingston DDRII CPU Core Quad GHz It worth saying that I can shutdown hibernate or put my PC into sleep mode so the functions are working but only the button is missing I [SOLVED] Button of (When I press sleep button) is not available in my Power option pr will appreciated very much if some can advise me how to restore the missing button Is there some option in BIOS that [SOLVED] Button of (When I press sleep button) is not available in my Power option pr will enable this button I contacted Gigabyte customer support but they directed me to Microsoft I also contacted ATI but they directed me to Microsoft or BIOS settings In my BIOS I can't find any option that may affect this button Any advise will be appreciated Best regards

A:[SOLVED] Button of (When I press sleep button) is not available in my Power option pr

Does the case actually have a separate Sleep Button? I suspect it's not even connected, as the motherboard manual doesn't show a connection for a Sleep Button, only a Power Button.
Windows Power Options won't list it, as it doesn't exist.

If you have a Sleep Button on the keyboard, it might not be listed in Power Options either. That would be up to the Driver software to add that option. You may have to use the software that came with the keyboard to configure the sleep button on the keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-button-of-when-i-press-sleep-button-is-not-available-in-my-power-option-pr-507211.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I want to replace the Shut Down button, with a Lock button instead
How do you do that?
I wondered this for a while actually.
I mean the button in the pic below

A:Start Menu - Replace Shut Down Button, with Lock Button

Sergio,

Right Click - Properties (on the actual Button) will change the function and wording - is that what you need or are you looking to replace with a lock graphic?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/74741-start-menu-replace-shut-down-button-lock-button.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Friend of mine has got problem with his desktop (XP SP2) , when he starts the PC it boots normally till it reaches where it shows windows XP logo then the screen gets blank (i.e he can not see the login name for users).

What he used to do: is press the sleep button on the wireless keyboard, then after that press the hardware switch on/off button (not the reset button) on the tower of the hard box.

After pressing switch on/off button, he gets directly (pay attention to this) to the login screen where he can see the usernames for all users.

He has to do this procedure every time he would like to boot the desktop

A:Press sleep button and switch on/off button to be able to see login screen

VGA is NiVida with dual outputs, similar to below image

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/PCI-Express-graphics-board.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/press-sleep-button-and-%1Cswitch-on-off%1D-button-to-be-able-to-see-login-screen.729006/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to Windows 8, which I've been using from the desktop as I can't get on with the Start menu and its tiles. Not using Start8. Anyway, I was using the desktop taskbar with its Start button and Show desktop button and today they have both disappeared. How can I get them back?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20227-my-start-button-show-desktop-button-disappeared.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I have pulled it a part and cleand it but I wont work no matter what I have done can u plz help by the way it is a luminer 532 Microsoft

A:why wont my back button or home button work

could be a hardware related issue with the touch. take your device to a authorized service center for an inspection.
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444162-why-wont-my-back-button-home-button-work.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I know this is possible, because I've done it before (a long time ago). How do I change which browser comes up when pressing the web browser button that's to the right of the power button?  Google doesn't have an answer. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Web Browser hard button (next to power button)--how to chang...

Hey Peregrin72,  Great question! You could first try changing your default Internet Browser setting in Windows.  1. Click the Start button 2. Type 'default'3. Click Default Programs4. Click Set Your Default Programs5. Click on the desired browser and then click Set this program as default.  Let me know the results of that change. There is also a registry change that may help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Web-Browser-hard-button-next-to-power-button-how-to-change/td-p/2745333
Relevancy 38.27%

hi guys the on /off button on the wifes laptop broke up and was replaced with a new betzel incorperateing the buttons, it was also noted that the button on the pcb underneath was badly damaged also replaced this part
however laptop will now not start at all, battery charge light on, and on/off button feels mechanically sound .

any thoughts greatly appreciated ( be gentle and plz anwser in plain simple terms as im not a techhead)

A:Solved: hp g60 lap top won't turn on after power button betzel & button pcb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-g60-lap-top-wont-turn-on-after-power-button-betzel-button-pcb.1036236/
Relevancy 38.27%

this is my hijackthis log after cleaning up with online scans and AdAware Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Documents and Settings Valter Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - button No run up off no turn button computer and in start menu D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper No run button and no turn off computer button in start up menu dll No run button and no turn off computer button in start up menu O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKCU Run swg C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe No run button and no turn off computer button in start up menu O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Google AdSense Preview Tool - http pagead googlesyndication com n preview html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service Google Updater Service gusvc - Google - C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe O - Service Logitech Process Monitor LVPrcSrv - Logitech Inc - c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe O - Service LVSrvLauncher - Logitech Inc - C Program Files Common Files Logitech SrvLnch SrvLnch exe O - Service Macromedia Licensing Service - Unknown owner - C Program Files Common Files Macromedia Shared Service Macromedia Licensing exe O - Service MSCSPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib MSCSPTISRV exe O - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service PACSPTISVR - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib PACSPTISVR exe O - Service Sony SPTI Service SPTISRV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SPTISRV exe O - Service SonicStage SCSI Service SSScsiSV - Sony Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared AVLib SSScsiSV exe Please help

A:No run button and no turn off computer button in start up menu

Welcome to the forum valter1973

Quote:

No run button and no turn off computer button in start up menu

Is that the only problem now ?
It appears you do not have a antivirus program running, why is that ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/no-run-button-and-no-turn-off-computer-button-in-start-up-menu-141368.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Toshiba Satellite w/53G HD available. Running Vista Home Premium, Firefox, Thunderbird, Open Office Suite.

When several programs are running with multiple browser windows open, the task bar is not accessible. Mouse over results in the hourglass appearing. I can minimize open windows and open a program off the desktop.

I suspect it is a memory issue. Suggestions?

A:Task bar/start button/Windows button not accessible

while this is occurring press Ctrl. +Alt. + Del. and go to the performance tab, how much of the CPU and RAM is getting utilized?

Also, how much RAM is installed in your system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/task-bar-start-button-windows-button-not-accessible-495452.html
Relevancy 38.27%

After replacing a defective CD DVD with a new LITEON unit, the unit will not eject by pushing the eject button. It will eject however, at the initial stages of a new boot. It seems to get "locked" by some program I think? Please help if possible.

A:CD DVD will not eject

If you have some "packet writing" software running (InCD or Direct CD) then they can sense it as a HDD and refuse to allow it to be opened.

Uninstall any such software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-will-not-eject.552121/
Relevancy 38.27%

I cannot eject a CD from my DVD-RW drive (E).

Relevancy 38.27%

I'm tired of accidentally clicking on an empty CD / DVD drive and having it eject the tray on me.

Does anyone know of a way to stop this behavior in Windows? Some little registry tweak?

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196291-cd-rom-eject.html
Relevancy 38.27%

History
Attached external Hard Drive which wiped out icon for DVD- fixed by removing high and low filters in registry (Not sure if petains but throw it in)

New problem- tried to put some pictures on a CD. Said disc wouldn't format, needless to say I couldn't load on it.
Now it won't eject cd. Takes very long time for window to come up when I hit "MY Computer" When I try and eject it just sits and stops working.
Tried to manually open with paperclip- drive revs up but still won't eject.
Tried shutting down, no luck

Next tool I have is a big Claw hammer, thought I might see if one of you have a better idea first.
Thanks,

A:DVD won't eject

hi this may help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-wont-eject.862943/
Relevancy 38.27%

My dvd button isn't working. Is there a way to use DOS to eject a DVD? Also to Insert one as well. Thank you

A:How to Eject a DVD using Dos

You posted in the Windows 7 forum so I am assuming you want to do this in Windows if possible.

See this page. Use the utility called Nircmd to create two shortcuts. One to open and one to close the tray.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604968/how-to-eject-a-dvd-using-dos/
Relevancy 38.27%

My CD-ROM is recognized by my system but will not eject. The drive gets the signal and I can hear it trying to eject, but it never happens. I have replaced the drive and the cable, same symptoms. Is there something I'm missing? I need the drive to do a clean windows install. The offending system is a Dell Dimension 8200 with either Sony or Lite-On drives. The problem is of recent vintage but I'm unable to pinpoint exactly when it happened.

A:CD-ROM Will Not Eject?

Don't mean to insult your intelligence but just maybe there are 2 CD's in the tray jamming it up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-will-not-eject.930616/
Relevancy 38.27%

CD in drive E will read but will not eject. Drive D works fine. How can I fix this?

A:CD will not eject

Hi and welcome, if you right click on the drive via my computer, will eject work there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-will-not-eject.296627/
Relevancy 38.27%

Dell Dimension, 8400 series, Windows XP. I close out all the files on the CD, but still it won't eject either pushing the button on the computer tower or clicking on "My Computer," "CD ROM," "eject." Recently this problem has worsened. I can get it to eject by rebooting the computer, but that's a nuisance. Any suggestions are appreciated.

A:CD won't eject

put some paper chunk there... mybe it woukld work XD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-wont-eject.873073/
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer CD drive will not eject a disk that was just played. It does not respond to any "eject CD" command. Is there a solution short of taking it apart?

A:Eject CD

There is a little hole beside the cd drawer. Straighten out a paper clip and push into it. It can require little bit of firm pressure because you are pushing a manual release mechanism.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eject-cd.419332/
Relevancy 38.27%

Playing a musical CD on Windows Media Player, the only way I can activate the ejec is to stoop down and physically touch the eject button on the computer...Is there any way using the mouse or keyboard to eject. Using Vista.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi -- I m running Windows When I try to eject my CD from Roxio I get an error message that it won t eject because another process is accessing it even though when I go to task manager nothing else is running This happens whether I try to eject through Roxio or just push the eject button This happened yesterday and I I got so frustrated I just turned the eject Can't CD my computer off but it fried the data CD that was still in there Fortunately I hadn t dumped all the things I had transferred to it Can't eject my CD yet It Can't eject my CD worked OK this a m and is acting goofy again now Incidentally when I go in to look at the CD since I tried to eject it no files are listed but about one third of it s memory is showing used I had just transferred a load of jpeg files and last time I looked they were all listed but now gone ANY idea what s going on Please Thanks Ugh Lee B nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi
Does anyone know of a program that allows for you to single-click eject a USB hub and which will eject all the devices connected to it safely?

As I understand you can set the policies of the individual devices such that you dont have to do the "Safe Eject" anyways. But Id like a way to just eject the hub instead of ejecting the 2 drives I have connected to it...

Thanks
Lazy

A:Eject USB Hub

Windows disables cache-writing to usb devices (drives, sticks, etc). In my opinion, just un-plug it. That's what I've always done. I just make sure the activity light is either off or steady (if blinking means writes/reads are occuring). I've never lost data or corrupted anything in the years I've used USB storage devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/161762-eject-usb-hub.html
Relevancy 38.27%

This is probably a simple question, but I am unable to find the "Eject CD". Would some one tell me where I can locate it? I'm using Windows 7.
Thanks, Joe

A:Eject CD

Hi Joseph Derieg welcome to TSF,
go to explorer and find your cd drive, right click then eject.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/eject-cd-588304.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I know that your supposed to eject usb before pulling it ouf of the computer but why? And is it always so that you have to?

A:Why do i need to eject usb?

Yes....very important that you do so. If not you risk losing the data and worst case scenario you turn the usb device into a nice paper weight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-i-need-to-eject-usb.1165528/
Relevancy 37.84%

recently my windows button has stopped working. i cant click the windows icon on the keyboard or on the icon. the same has happened to my wifi icon and "ask me icon". im using a dell desktop and i can use all other icons like google chrome or video games. all virus scans said nothing is wrong. is there a way i can fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-use-windows-button-wifi-button-ask-me-button.1167319/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an HP printer that has installed a virtual CD with the driver.

The software won't install, but the printer works fine regardless, problem is, I can't eject the virtual CD no matter what I do.

Any way to force this thing to eject?

A:can't eject virtual CD

Can you uninstall this thing and install only the drivers, I suspect it'S not compatible with the ISO mounting now include with Windows 8, HP is notorious to install bloatware and many crap like this.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/12522-cant-eject-virtual-cd.html
Relevancy 37.84%

When I use a cd-rw disk, I can read it but the cd won't eject. I tried pushing the button and going to my computer>c drive>properties>eject and neither works. It doesn't seem to happen with cd-r"s. Please help. Thanks.

A:cd-rw won't eject disk

All CDR's have a little tiny hole on the face-plate below the tray. Straighten out a paper-clip and stick it in the hole to release the tray. Take out the CD, clean well (compressed air works well) and perhaps the problem will fix itself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rw-wont-eject-disk.82540/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,

I put a DVD into the DVD drive on my HP Pavilion computer. I have not used that drive for about 1 year. It would not read the DVD and now I can eject the DVD from the drive. When I push the eject button nothing happens. I have also tried using the eject button from Windows Explorer by clicking on the DVD drive then right clicking for the eject button.

Any suggestions,

Dave