Windows Support Forum

Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

Q: Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

Having dredged the internet, I came across this forum amongst the many with questions relating to cd drives working but dvd not etc, but my issue is slightly different, i think.

CDs seem to play ok, and so do DVDs, but I seem to have a problem with my laptop reading a disc with DS games on it that it used to read no problem. The discs can be used in my other half's laptop, so it is clearly a problem with my laptop.

I'd appreciate if anyone could advise where I can start to solve this problem

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Music and video play on laptop CD/DVD drive but not data files

You need to have the CD/DVD drive replaced. Internal lasers fail in strange ways. The drives are not too expensive and they are easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-and-video-play-on-laptop-cd-dvd-drive-but-not-data-files.175583/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello all,

This is my first post. Hopefully someone can help me. I have done this many times before on this same computer but for some reason today, no matter how many times I have tried, it will not cooperate. I have two videos and an audio file I am trying to copy from a flash drive to my desktop. These videos will play from the flash drive directly using windows media player. However, when I copy the files to my desktop they will not play. The message of file not found comes up. I have restarted my computer and tries many different flash drives and like I said, this is the first day that this process has not worked. I need some help because I am stumped and the forums on the Microsoft site do not help.

Thank you,
Chris

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/396797-cannot-play-video-music-files-when-copied-flash-drive-computer.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello all,

This is my first post. Hopefully someone can help me. I have done this many times before on this same computer but for some reason today, no matter how many times I have tried, it will not cooperate. I have two videos and an audio file I am trying to copy from a flash drive to my desktop. These videos will play from the flash drive directly using windows media player. However, when I copy the files to my desktop they will not play. The message of file not found comes up. I have restarted my computer and tries many different flash drives and like I said, this is the first day that this process has not worked. I need some help because I am stumped and the forums on the Microsoft site do not help.

Thank you,
Chris

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396797-cannot-play-video-music-files-when-copied-flash-drive-computer.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Yeah I don t know what happened One day all of the sudden Windows XP created a little X inside a red circle icon inside my tray and keeps bugging me that my computer is infected Not only that but my AVG scan doesn t say anything s wrong Also at random times that my sound is on music or videos I m assuming will play but nothing is open nothing is running I ran HiJackThis after several failed attempts I finally learned I had to change the name because apparently this virus files NOTHING Random with music/video open. desktop play on is shutting Random music/video files play on desktop with NOTHING open. it down immediately and I have the log right here I recognize a few things here but some of the files just seem like random numbers and letters and I don t know if that s good or bad Please Someone take a look at it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe Random music/video files play on desktop with NOTHING open. C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAFA EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Creative Creative ZEN ZEN Media Explorer CTCheck exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative Sync Manager Unicode CTSyncU exe C Documents and Settings Home Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS msb exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Documents and Settings Home Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files WiFiConnector NintendoWFCReg exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Documents and Settings Home Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files MediaMonkey MediaMonkey exe C Documents and Settings Home Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Home Desktop Hijack exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATIAFA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run CTCheck C Program Files Creative Creative ZEN ZEN Media Explorer CTChe... Read more

A:Random music/video files play on desktop with NOTHING open.

Hello ShwStppnActr,

Firstly, please go to Start > Control Panel >Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you are a Vista user) and uninstall the following if they exist:

Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, Viewpoint Media Player.:

Viewpoint Manager is considered to be foistware. You can go to the link below to read about it.

http://www.clickz.com/news/article.php/3561546

Next

You may have used Malwarebytes before. If you have, and still have it on your machine, please update and run. Post the scan report back here.

If you do not have Malwarebytes please download from Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Next

Download OTL to your desktop.
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

Note: Unless otherwise instructed always post the logs in the forum. If reports don't fit on one post. It might be necessary to break the logs up to get them on the forum. Just use as many posts as you need, that's fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-music-video-files-play-on-desktop-with-nothing-open.847519/
Relevancy 82.56%

greets all i have an issue with my sound i have tested sound under audio properties and left and right speakers work fine the drivers are all up to date but working from cannot audio music or sound get files video play i can get sound upon start up and windows default sounds and i also get sound with no probs from various online websites e g fb games BUT windows media player windows will not play any of my media files getting error for every file- audio of video and ive also uninstalled and reinstalled to attempt to get it running normally and vlc player will sound working but cannot play music or get audio from video files not play sound for any audio file or video file either i havent tried other media players as of yet so my speakers and drivers seem fine and upto date but i just cant get any media players to play sound for video or audio files ive tried flac mp mp and wma files my default audio software is conexant smartaudio hd im running windows home premium- sound working but cannot play music or get audio from video files bit it appears i only have sp under my computer properties tho not sure if upgrading this would resolve the issue any advice would be most welcome

A:sound working but cannot play music or get audio from video files

ok.. looking at the microsoft service pack updates i find that there seems to be only a sp1 for windows 7..? also as an addition there are no question marks showing in device manager either

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sound-working-but-cannot-play-music-or-get-audio-from-video-files-650326.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I ve had this problem for quite some time and I think its about time I tried to sort it out I all work video or files function Play for music doesn't have a Toshiba satellite Laptop running windows XP and the latest WMP is my preferred media player About a year ago I had a Virus on this laptop that wouldn t allow me to connect to the internet A friend took me through the steps in the security and the web part of this board and Play all function doesn't work for music or video files we dealt with the virus Ever since the play all function in windows that appears when you have media files in a folder has not worked When I click play Play all function doesn't work for music or video files all I see the hour glass briefly but then nothing happens If I try to select the files I want to play right click and then play all again nothing happens I don t get any warning or error messages its as if the computer is ignoring my request double clicking on a single file opens it in WMP normally I don t know if it is related but when this happened the quick media buttons on the laptop which allowed me to open WMP play pause stop and select next track also stopped working and still don t Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Play all function doesn't work for music or video files

To fix the file playing issue, try reinstalling WMP.

The buttons need special software installed and running. Try downloading it from Toshiba and reinstalling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/play-all-function-doesnt-work-for-music-or-video-files.101790/
Relevancy 81.7%

my cd/dvd drive is strange...

when i am installing a game or just running something other than music from the drive, it makes all my videos laggy, only seems to happen when i play DVDs though, and on that note, when i try and watch a DVD i cant watch it for the same reason.

comp is an emachines w3107 with stock DVD/CD drive, not sure of the actual type of drive, all setup are still EIDE not SATA (old comp) 1.8ghz
BFG Nvidia 8500GT GPU card and 1Gb of ram.

anyone have any suggestions on a fix? or is it possible hardware problems?

A:CD/DVD drive makes video/music play SLOW

May be a codec problem, try googling for k-lite codec pack, or coles
codecs, free download. This will give you the ability to view different
file types such as mpeg's dvd's etc.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cd-dvd-drive-makes-video-music-play-slow-197598.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My CD Rom will play music but not data. If I put in a data file (such as the windows 2000 cd, which I need to use) I get the little cd icon for a while by the cursor, but the cd is not found when I try to access the files on it. I have a CYBERDRV CW078D in a Compaq Presario computer. I have supposedly updated the driver in Device Manager, but nothing changed. Bought a lens cleaner, but the drive won't recognize it either. Does anyone have any ideas please?

A:CD Rom will play music but not data

You could try uninstalling the drive via devicer manager and let Windows relocate it when you reboot!
Can't do any harm and maybe this will kick start Windows brain into recognizing it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-will-play-music-but-not-data.634864/
Relevancy 73.1%

My CD Rom will play music but not data. If I put in a data file (such as the windows 2000 cd, which I need to use) I get the little cd icon for a while by the cursor, but the cd is not found when I try to access the files on it. I have a CYBERDRV CW078D in a Compaq Presario computer. I have supposedly updated the driver in Device Manager, but nothing changed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-will-play-music-but-not-data.633930/
Relevancy 72.67%

I've got an s-video out and 3.5mm stereo to scart cable connecting my notebook to my tv. Video card is ATI Radeon IGP 340 integrated. It all seems to be working fine, except that when I try playing any video files in windows media player, the movie shows up as a monotonous deep purple on the tv screen. Sound works fine though. Any tips on what to do to be able to watch videos from my notebook on tv screen?

A:Solved: laptop to tv connection won't play video files on tv screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-to-tv-connection-wont-play-video-files-on-tv-screen.536325/
Relevancy 70.95%

Ive got a GB memory stick It has about GBs of video files on it currently However when i put any new video files from my laptop onto it existing memory wont files!! play will stick play NEW :@ but all files, Usb any video and then try opening the my video player just wont play any of them The video player opens but instead of showing the video timer as mins to show that is has mins of video in the file which it will play it just shows as the timer and wont load the video at all The current video files i have on there all play fine but any new files i put on in the exact same format just wont play And it also f ks up the video file itself just by being put on there though As i have a video on my laptop which plays fine i put it on the memory stick and it Usb memory stick wont play any NEW video files, but will play all existing files!! :@ wont play i transfer it back from the stick to my laptop but the file then still Usb memory stick wont play any NEW video files, but will play all existing files!! :@ wont play and so has been corrupted somehow just by being placed on the memory stick Can anyone please please help nbsp

A:Usb memory stick wont play any NEW video files, but will play all existing files!! :@

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-memory-stick-wont-play-any-new-video-files-but-will-play-all-existing-files.986579/
Relevancy 69.23%

I downloaded a couple of music video's using my 'Veoh' Plug-In but when I tried to play the vid's I was met with the message 'The file type "flv" requires Adobe Flash 8 or greater to play this video. Please install the flash player and restart Veoh TV'. Now, the thing is I already HAVE Adobe Flash 8.1 (which I upgraded to recently) and also another flv player. But just in case I went to Adobe and Installed a newer version which for some reason didn't overwrite the older version. I've never had this problem before and it's strange that at the first time of asking, my new version of Adobe Flash fails. Anyone any ideas ?
Could 8.1 be for Windows Vista only ? I have Windows XP Home.

A:Music Video's Won't Play

if you are on windows xp home the latest version of adobe flash player is 9. check your add/remove programs and see if its even listed. if it is it will say adobe flash player etc active x 2.33 mb. if its not listed u dont have it. try this go to www.softwarepatch.com and look under software. scroll down and look for adobe flash player 9 active x stand alone version download. install it then check your add/remove and it should say adobe flash player 9 active x size 3.04 mb. if it then does u should be good to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-videos-wont-play.689651/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a Xvid file that opens in Windows Media Player and I want it to open as a video file.

Any ideas to change media type to video and not audio

A:Video Play As Music

Hello Ljohn,

Welcome to Forum. You didn't say whether you have the codec pack or not. You need to install codecs in order to play the Xvid files. The Vista Codec pack you can download from http://www.majorgeeks.com/Vista_Codec_Package_d5326.html, or the KLite Codec from K-Lite Codec Pack - Download

Hope it will help. Cheers...

http://www.vistax64.com/software/223671-video-play-music.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Please help!! OK,  i bought a dash cam a few weeks ago and when  i wanted to upload the videos on to my notebook but the problem was the type of video it recorded couldnt be seen on my notebook since it didnt support the video format. So i went on youtube to see how i could change the format and i saw a few videos that claimed to have work with a video transcoder (Handbrake) and now i cant watch any videos or play any music on my notebook. i can only see videos from online for example youtube. please help!!

A:cant play music or video!!

Hi, Please write down the format your camcoder uses as well,Nevertheless, if all you want to do is view the camcoder files on your notebook and the format isn't supported, go for a 3rd party app known as VLC media player as it has all the codecs pre-installed.install it and start going through your videos.Good luck & please reply if it didn't work!

Although I work for HP Inc -The views and opinions I post here are of my own.If my post helped you out, give me the Thumbs up, i deserve #HPExpertDay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/cant-play-music-or-video/td-p/5628411
Relevancy 68.37%

All I ever get is this message whenever I load a page

Video never even shows up on the page. I can't figure out how to solve this problem...

A:Firefox will not play video or music on this PC

One thing that is likely to be messed up is your drver. You may need to manually go through and check each driver for updates. By "may need to" I mean you should do it first. IF you have no QuickTime driver, which is unlikely because Firefox is pretty good about getting updates on time, try to get the driver through Mozilla. You also should check to see if only this page is corrupt, or if you can play no QuickTime videos, old or new (try to find a page that will play QuickTime videos, then check the date of the last update. Ifthe date is old, you just need to update the driver.). If it is only that page, try to update your drivers. This is most likely it.

Please let me know if this works. Also let me know if it doesn't play videos even with Windoes media Player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-will-not-play-video-or-music-on-this-pc.106359/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I have a pretty old computer running Windows 98 SE. A while ago I had to reinstall the OS and everything was working fine after that. Now, the user cannot open any file attachments that have music or video. We've tried Realplayer and Windows Media 7.1 and 9. I've tried uninstalling all of them and reinstalling all of them and I can't get anything to play. Cannot play a CD from them either. I even installed a different program called Quintessential and it does the same thing. All of the above mentioned programs open just fine, see the music or video file and then go to "connecting" or "opening" and lock the entire system up. Please help, this is driving me crazy! Like I said, its an old system, but it's been working with the exact same specs for years.

HP Vectra VL 800
Windows 98 Se
128 mb RAM

A:cannot play any type of video or music file

well, you said that u formated your computer, most likely u need the codecs to play video files. does it play ANY sounds? maybe ur drivers on the computer need to installed or upgraded. maybe when u formated it u moved ur computer around and unpluged a cable. if all eles fails get VLC media player (works without codecs)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-play-any-type-of-video-or-music-file.440711/
Relevancy 67.51%

PLEASE FORGIVE THE CAPS I DON'T SEE WELL I RECENTLY HAD A MAJOR BREAKDOWN HAT REQUIRED REPLACING THE POWER SUPPLY THE MOTHERBOARD AND THE CPU PARTS ALONE RAN CLOSE TO FORTUNATELY MY BROTHER AND A FRIEND WHO IS A HIGH TECH IT GUY WERE PLAY MUSIC TO FILES ABLE TO REPLACE THE PARTS AND GOT EVERYTHING UP AND RUNNING FINE HOWEVER I HAVE A HUGE PROBLEM TRYING TO PLAY MY MUSIC ALL OF IT WAS PURCHASED ON CD AND TRANSFER TO THE DRIVES I HAVE PART ITIONS FILES TO PLAY MUSIC AND TWO EXTERNAL DRIVES NOW I GET THE STUPID SCREEN IN IE THAT SAYS To FILES TO PLAY MUSIC download a license you must install Microsoft Internet Explorer or FILES TO PLAY MUSIC later To install the latest version of Internet Explorer see the Windows Update page The license cannot be downloaded because your Web browser is not supported I'M RUNNING VERSION I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THE MUSIC TWO YEARS AGO AND IWAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THESE FOUR FILES drmv key bak drmv lic bak drmv key bak drmv lic bak I INSTALLED THEM PER INSTRUCTIONS AND EVERYTHING PLAYED FINE NOW I CAN'T RECALL WHERE TO GET THE OUR FILES OR HOW TO INSTALL THEM LAST TIME I WAS RUNNING WMP WHICH HAD A DROP DOWN FUNCTION TO BACK UP THE FUNCTION LICENSES WMP HAS NO SUCH APPARENT FUNCTION SHOULD I UNINSTALL AND GO BACK TO WMP PLEASE HELP I HAVE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS OF MUSIC I CAN'T PLAY ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED YOU CAN RESPOND HERE THANK YOU DAVID

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/files-to-play-music-618566.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I've got a problem and I don't know what caused it I hope this is the right forum to post in I can't play any music any music can't I files play files suddenly I I can't play any music files use Winamp the latest version and it has always worked fine But suddenly I can't play any files When I try to do so the songs just don't start So I tried to see if Windows Media Player would play the files but no no luck here either Here I get an error message when trying to play a file quot A problem occured in Windows Media Player during playing the file quot I really don't know how this problem occured and I've got no idea about how to solve it I do have another problem and I don't know if this is somehow related I use VLC Media Player to watch video files but sometimes there isn't any sound when I try to watch a video The video plays fine and the volume is turned on etc Somehow this is sometimes solved by closing down Google Chrome but I'm not sure if it's Chrome that's causing it Oh I also tried to play my music files in VLC and they do play there but there is no sound Please help me EDIT I posted this thread in Google Chrome and as soon as I closed it Winamp started to play the song that I tried to play before so clealy Chrome is somehow the problem If I open Chrome again the music continues to play though Why is that And how do I solve it Knowing this this thread should probably be moved to the quot other browsers quot sub-forum

A:I can't play any music files

Hi -

If the problem appears to be tied to Google Chrome - get rid of it.

See if same issues occur under IE8 or FireFox.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cant-play-any-music-files-520680.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I'm sure I will be corrected if necessary.
Problem: When I double click on a file in MY MUSIC or SHARED MUSIC it refuses to play (It used to) and I now get a warning dialogue box stating "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an assocation in the Folder Options control panel." - How please?

All music plays OK in Windows Media Player (that with the acceptable file type anyway). Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

A:Files in MY MUSIC will not play

See if this helps.

Click start/all programmes/set programme access and defaults. Click on the custom button, under "Choose a default media player" select Windows media player and click ok.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/files-in-my-music-will-not-play.53326/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey I recently bought a new hard drive yesterday and am trying to get everything working I finally self-fixed my modem issues by going into the BIOS but now my computer doesn t register having a sound card It didn t work before changing the Can't files. music play BIOS either I know I have a sound card and I know it works because I could play media files pefectly before with my old hard drive Nothing but the hard drive has been replaced When I play a music file this dialog box is shown Windows media player error Cannot play back the audio stream no audio hardware available or the Can't play music files. hardware is not responding Details There is no sound card You either do not have a sound card installed on your computer or it is not functioning properly If you do not have a sound card installed you must install one before you can listen to audio in a digital media file If you do have a sound card installed Can't play music files. refer to its documentation to troubleshoot the problem Error ID x Remedy ID x What could the problem be I m stumped and I just want to get my music playing again nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

This problem just started today earlier today my video and music were playing just fine But i noticed Realplayer that i recently upgraded to system. or Music play Hang Video my Attempts to was Attempts to play Video or Music Hang my system. a bit slower than So i uninstalled it and downloaded realplayer I also uninstalled two quot Safety bar quot programs i didnt recongize After i installed realplayer everything seemed to go bad I tried streaming some videos off the internet and it would hang the system My Attempts to play Video or Music Hang my system. mouse would still move but i couldn't click anything I could bring up my start menu with ctrl esc but i couldn't click anything or even shut down the computer So i had to a hard reset If i don't play music or video or stream them my pc runs just fine System Info Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Realtek AC' Audio Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Display adapter Steps I've taken I quot ve run ad-aware free edition a few times on my computer i thought maybe it was spyware related No new viruses came up I also went to windows com to install windows media player it requested I download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage plugin in my firefox browser which i did If anyone could shed some light on what possibly happened and how i can fix it i'd appreciate any insights p s i ran the belarc Advisor program and it gave a big list of specifics about my computer i didn't know if i should include it all or not So i just added the info about audio and video If more is needed i can post it Or the whole thing if need be

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/attempts-to-play-video-or-music-hang-my-system-277779.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Charles and welcome to 7forums.

I downloaded and installed Aimp but how do I get it to play my music files.
At the moment they are all on a seperate drive and I access through W7 libraries.
If I right click on an album I get a choice to play in Winamp or WMP so how do I get Aimp in this list.
I'm quite happy with winamp but Aimp looked interesting so I thought I'd give it a go.

Cheers, John

A:How do I get Aimp to play my music files?

Hello again. Well I worked out how to play one track at a time.
If I open an album in my collection I see all the tracks have been associated with Aimp (they are all red with the Aimp logo)
However it only plays one track.
Sounds good but I need to play whole albums. I must be missing something obvious.

Cheers, John

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/10456-how-do-i-get-aimp-play-my-music-files.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi There,

This is my first post here and have come here seeking a possible solution to a problem I have run in to. Up until a couple of days ago, I could view streaming Videos (eg. YouTube), and music files. All of a sudden, yesterday morning, they no longer are able to view. They load onto the page, but no Video! However, my Windows Media Player still works though.
Also, some sites won't load either, that did before this all happened:
Like this one: http://www.gibsoncustom.com/
although this one will: http://www.gibson.com/Products/GibsonElectric/#

I have tried everything I know, but I'm not that computer savy & would appreciate any welcomed help...

Thanks ~

A:Videos & Music Files won't Play

download hoster : http://www.funkytoad.com/download/hoster.zip

reset to Ms defaults.

Reinstall the player you are using.
Possibly reinstall your firewall.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/videos-and-music-files-wont-play-108213.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When I try to play music which I could play on my old laptop, which I transferred to my new laptop by USB stick, I get the following message.

The license cannot be downloaded because your Web browser is not supported.

To download a license, you must install Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 or later.

To install the latest version of Internet Explorer, see the Windows Update page.]

I use Google Chrome on Windows 7 ultimate, but I installed the latest version of IE, but was informed that it was already on my computer. I made IE my default browser but it didn't make any difference. I then opened Media Player and looked for a tools button, but can't find one.
I have tried opening with VLC, Real Player and Windows Media Player, but no joy with any of them.

I don't have a problem playing on my netbook which has Windows 7 Starter edition.

Please can anyone help.

Thanks

A:Can't play music on new laptop

The files have a license key associated with them. You will need access to the site of origin of the files to verify the license. It will likely only work with IE, but I'm not sure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-play-music-on-new-laptop.1116316/
Relevancy 66.22%

I get this BSOD when i update my software and windows
I'm with windows 7 service pack 1, toshiba's laptop
suddenly, my laptop usually get BSOD
like play music or video with any other media file, accessing internet, startup, or even make a data with ms. office

i dont even update my windows after i get this BSOD

please help me to fix this problem
thank you

A:BSOD when startup and play music or video with any other media player

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so we can better assist you.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242941-bsod-when-startup-play-music-video-any-other-media-player.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Ive done a lot of searching but havent been able to find a solution...

My laptop suddenly will not play video's or music. I use both nero and wmp to play music and videos. When opening a video file in WMP now i get the error "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help.

With nero i get "error reading file".

When playing music in iTunes it will load the song but not play it.
Im really stumped. Any solution is greatly appreciated.

Chris

A:Vista Ultimate Wont Play Video's Or Music Anymore

Do you have Aim and did you recently up date it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/118459/vista-ultimate-wont-play-videos-or-music-anymore/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the latest version of Windows Media Player (9) but I am now unable to open an music files or video files. Last week I defragged my machine, I'm not sure if this did something. All my video and audio files worked before this. It keeps saying that the file is corrupt. When I click on more information it says:

0xC00D1199: Cannot play the file

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Relevancy 66.22%

The windows media player on my computer stopped working after i fixed my previous problem. (See it Here)
It will not let me open any type of media. I made a video to show exactly what is wrong.

Video is Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0sfzwF26I8
or Here (when available): http://www.megavideo.com/?d=G9QWUV4Y
or Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G9QWUV4Y

A:Solved: Windows Media Player 12- Will not play music or video.

try reinstalling the windows.. the best way..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-player-12-will-not-play-music-or-video.909775/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have an HP laptop running on Windows that will not Computer files play will music not Solved: play ANY of my music files It was working well from one day to the next I ve tried playing the files on Window s Media Player HP Smartmusic and iTunes On iTunes it Solved: Computer will not play music files will show that the music is playing but the progress bar won t move On Windows Media Player it gives me this message quot Windows Media Player cannot play the file The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file quot On HP Smartmusic it tells me that i have a Playback Error I can play music on the internet and can here sound on youtube and other sites but when I try to download music it will not play PLEASE HELP I ve tried everything I can think of downloading the k-lite codec pack updating drivers but nothing like that has worked I do have virus protection and I use malwarebytes to scan my computer occasionally Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I just purchased a new Sony Vaio about 3 months ago and as I have done for years I immediatly downloaded itunes and Limewire Pro. My itunes plays back music slow and distorted...it is annoying and so frustrating! I have never had a problem with this before on 2 previous older PC's...I have the volume control in the task bar but I also have Realtek HD Audio Manager which I am presuming came with the computer cause I did not download it....if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it!!!

Thanks...best....

A:My Music Files Play All Slow And Crackly...please Help?!

Try here for a codec pack and see if it helps:http://www.free-codecs.com/ Itunes has had these problems in the past, and your old computer probably had the codec installed.Klite mega is a good one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58249/my-music-files-play-all-slow-and-cracklyplease-help/
Relevancy 65.79%

today I tried to play some audiobook recorded by a friend of mine, and foobar2000 spat out this:

Code:
Unrecoverable playback error: The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)
at first I thought it was problem with the file itself, but then I found out that I can't play any .mp3 files because of the said error. I also tried WMP, MediaMonkey and Media Go - none of them was able to play anything. hovewer, I get normal sound output while playing YouTube video, I also hear every OS sound.
I've tried reverting back to the system restore point from the day before yesterday, and the problem's still here.

A:Can't play any music files, error 0x80070057

Hi go to device manager and can you take a print screen please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/251502-cant-play-any-music-files-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Here files not under win only sound play 7 music do some players some with is a tough one for the audio gurus out there I have been recording lectures on my phone for years using a program called Easy Voice Recorder It records in wav format I transfer the files to my PC and convert them to smaller mp 's which I typically play with winamp I could of course also play the original wav files with my default player for those windows media player WMP This worked fine under winXP A few months ago I converted to win Now when I some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7 play the some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7 wav files in WMP the progress indicator moves along but there is no sound When I play the converted mp 's in winamp the graphical level indicators bounce up and down and progress indicator moves along but there is no sound Before you tell me to turn up the volume or turn on the speakers or to select the right output device note that when I play wav files from another source in WMP there is sound And when I play other mp 's in winamp there is sound as well on win Furthermore when I play the recorded wav files or mp 's with VLC they do play and produce sound under Win When I play the mp 's with another editing program called mp direct cut they also play fine and produce sound under win Furthermore some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7 when I play the same wav and mp files on another older machine still running XP they still play and produce sound there as well So the problem is very specific - that recordings made with this software Easy Voice Recorder played with these players WMP winamp on this system win appear as if they are playing but there is no sound The recording program is set to record at KHz with -bit PCM I tried reducing that to bit but it made no difference Also the setting quot use audio MIME types quot is selected Unselecting it also has no effect What could this be Thank you in advance

A:some sound files do not play with some music players only under win 7

16 bit, 16Khz is not a valid Windows format from what I see. 16 bit 44.1Khz is the lowest wav format (this is "CD" quality). I looked at my RealTek and that was the lowest I could go.

Possibly this is the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/346533-some-sound-files-do-not-play-some-music-players-only-under-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey. I have 21 music files that will only work in Winamp media player. I would like to be able to play them in musicmatch jukebox, but they won't open. They won't even show up in the playlist. I've also tried to put thise files onto my RCA Lyra mp3 Player, but they will not play, they don't even effect my "tracks on file" number. Is there a program I can use to edit the type of file that these files are? Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Adavance.

A:Music Files won't play in Musicmatch Jukebox

Hello

What is the file extension of these files that will only play in Winamp?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-files-wont-play-in-musicmatch-jukebox-180649.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there first of all am a novie at computers I bought Sony Vaio VGN-FW just over year now - Processor Intel Core Duo CPU P GHz GHz Memory GB or CD cant drive to rom get BD-DVD at Music play all DVD's - Bit Windows Vista I have had serious probelm trying to get my BD-DVD Rom drive to work over the past months as I have asked for help from sony and they were helpful with the information instructions to correct the problem Problem If i insert either DVD Music CD neither will run auctomiclly also when i open up quot My Computer quot only visable is Local Disk C SD MMC D Memory Stick E and my portable harddrive My Book G however the BD-DVD Rom F is not there now the solutation that sony help team gave me was the following quot Please follow the next steps to try to solve this problem Delete upper BD-DVD rom drive cant get to play DVD's or Music CD at all and lower filters - Please click in the Start Menu and in Start Search type the following regedit - Click Enter it will open a new window - Extend Hkey loacl machine clicking in the - Extend Systems - Extend Current control set - Extend control - Extend class - Click on the following folder d e -e - ce-bfc - be In the right hand side you will see few files - Right BD-DVD rom drive cant get to play DVD's or Music CD at all click in Upper filters and select delete - Right click in Lower filters and select delete Please note that in many ocasions you will just have of those files Restart the unit and check if the problem is solved If the problem persist please follow the next stpes to reinstall the drivers - Click on Start Menu - Clic on Control Panel - Click on Clasic View - Click in Device Manager and Continue - Under DVD CD-Rom Drivers you will see the Drivers for your CD Reader - Right click and selct Uninstall - When the Warning message appear be sure that Delete the Driver software Box is Uncheck - Restart the computer Afteer this please install the following Updates http support vaio sony eu computi exe amp m VGN-FW M amp ip EP htm Click on Accept and Save the filw into your desktop Double click on it to install Restart the VAO after the isntallation Please do the same with the following BIOS Update http support vaio sony eu computi exe amp m VGN-FW M amp ip EP htm -------------------------------- now i followed the first instruction and it seemed to work fine for a while and i could play music and DVD s however the F drive dissipered again and then reapperied and dissipered as if it had its on mind now it has gone and i tried the second instruction but the following appears quot Target DVD Drive is not found correctly for this programme quot can anyone please advise me on this problem Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bd-dvd-rom-drive-cant-get-to-play-dvds-or-music-cd-at-all.906522/
Relevancy 65.79%

Since I bought my Vista PC I could not get the Autoplay feature to work and had to access all CDs and DVDs through the DVD drive on My Computer. That worked OK till now - I clicked on a music CD and it would open and play in Windows Media Player. Now when I click on the CD an Application Not Found message appears. To play it I have to right click the CD, click Open to reveal the tracks, left click on a track and the CD then opens and plays in WMP. Can anyone advise me how I can fix this. Is this a DVD problem or a Vista problem.
Also how can I get Autoplay to work- I have followed the correct Vista procedure for Autoplay but it doesn't work.

A:DVD drive will not play music CD

this may helphttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-drive-will-not-play-music-cd-325453.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, thanks for takin the time to help me out! Wanted to know if anyone had a clue as to how you can connect a laptop to your home stereo (I have a panasonic sa-ak25)...The disc changer is not working so I would like to play music through iTunes on my computer.

If u can help, please contact me! [email protected]

Thanks

-Musicman

A:Please help! Need to play music on stereo from Laptop!

I'm no sound expert but couldn't you simply connect via your laptop headphone socket. This may involve purchasing a cable with the correct connectors at each end but it should be no big deal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-need-to-play-music-on-stereo-from-laptop.637510/
Relevancy 65.36%

hello eceryone
help,

A:audio driver lagging when listen music , video and play game

I'm not sure your post will get much attention without some details. Try describing the problem in excruciating detail with many examples.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/305778-audio-driver-lagging-when-listen-music-video-play-game.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have some songs on my computer that I wanted to save as data files or burn as an mp3 cd because they take up too much space as regular music files. And my Drag'nDrop Burn Program that came w/ my computer got deleted somehow awhile back. All I have is Real One Player and Windows Media Player now. Is there anyway to do this through those programs?

* I tried playing around w/ the Real One Player but it didnt work...of course I dont know that much about computers.

Thanks!

A:Saving music files as data files?

You can burn CD's with Windows Media Player

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-music-files-as-data-files.280593/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have downloaded music files from the Net and stored them in my harddrive . What method of" burning" do I need to do in order to record these files and be able to play them back on a standard CD player?
I have no problem copying from CD to CD and playing those CD's back on a standard CD player, but when I collect my own files in a Playlist and burn a CD I am able to play the CD back in my computer CD-ROM but I hear nothing out of my portable radio. I have tried slowing down the burnrate. No problem with buffer underruns. Do I need perhaps a DVD/portable CD player with an MP3 file reading capability?
Thanks

Relevancy 64.93%

I've heard that cd's may be used to record music files as data, and this will enable the cd to contain a lot more music than normal . Does anyone know how I could do this? How much time or space would I then be able to record (as compared to the usual 80 minutes of music on the typical cd)? I have an Easy Media Creator program (but I'm willing to get whatever program allows me to do this), Windows XP and both, a cd and dvd burner.

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi ..

Please bear with me - I'm not very computer savvy.
I have several CD's of data music files and would like to know if it's now possible to somehow transfer a selection of music from the data discs to my MP3 player?

I've tried everything I can think of and so far have only succeeded in becoming totally frustrated.

My operating system is Windows XP (Home)
.. and I use Windows Media Player.

Thank you,
Rosa

A:[SOLVED] Data Music Files to MP3?

Hi Rosa and welcome to TSF.
I'm not sure about WMP but iTunes will convert them for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-data-music-files-to-mp3-194502.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Good day all,,

I am working on a Gateway Pentium II laptop ,
that has a Matshita DVD player in it. It will work
with data CD's, music CD, however whenever
I try to play a Movie.. no luck. When do I need
to do to make the DVD work.. Windows Media Player
is installed and we are working with Windows ME.
However he only has 98 MB Ram... No problems in
Device Manager...

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys..I have a small problem and unfortunately the microsoft couldn't provide me a solution for this...
Since i upgraded to win 10 i could not play music from my phone through laptop speakers via bluetooth. I could send and receive files to and fro via bluetooth and the phone also gets connected/paired without any issues, but the music playing option is not happening.  My previous OS win 7 had no problems in playing the music.I have a dell inspiron 15R laptop and asus zenfone 4 mobile.My phone specs shows it supports A2DP ( and it used to play in win 7).
Pls someone could provide me a solution or a fix for this..??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599529/cannot-play-music-through-laptop-speakers-via-bluetooth/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi guys,
here's the problems that i encountered:
-windows couldn't play any music files...
-video files played without sound
-when adjusting the sound icon at the taskbar, there wasn't any green equalizers there

can someone figure out what problem with my audio device? i'm working on a desktop and the speaker works fine...i'm using realtek HD audio as seen in the diagram and i tried uninstall and reinstall the driver but the condition still persist...why is it so?
i appreciate for the guides!!!

A:Windows couldn't play any music files although drivers working

Try uninstalling the RealTek in the Device Manager - Right click on the entry to highlight it and then Left click "uninstall". Do not check the box to uninstall the drivers unless you want to reinstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. If there was a corruption in windows for the sound this will fix it.

Another potential issue is the driver. Use the driver provided by the PC or motherboard vendor, as non-vendor drivers many times do not work or work correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/233186-windows-couldnt-play-any-music-files-although-drivers-working.html
Relevancy 64.5%

First thank you for taking your time to help me much appreciated Sorry this info is limited but not sure what other info will be significant For the past - months maybe my HP Laptop Vista plays random audio clips This happens when I am using programs or doing nothing I am always connected to the net via wireless so not sure if it happens when I / Ads Files Computer / Play Music Audio Clips Random On am Random Audio Files / Ads / Music Clips Play On Computer not connected The clips last anywhere from seconds to one minute and usually sound like they are cut off in the middle when they stop Sometimes the clips are choppy sounding as if there is not enough memory to play the audio clip I have heard quot Hi this is Howie Mandel quot last night I heard a minute long weight loss ad and this morning I heard a partial ad for the new quot Stepbrothers quot movie In the past I believe I heard hip hop music clips as well When this happens I have used Task Manager to see what s running and nothing appears in the Applications tab and nothing unusual in the Processes tab although I wouldn t know what to look for there anyhow I usually keep my speakers on mute to prevent hearing these ads but we I am watching a movie or listening to news or music these clips are as loud and I have to just stop what I am listening to and wait for these clips to end Sometimes I hear none in a day and sometimes five or more I use Trend Micro and Windows Defender and no virus has been detected I do download a lot using Azereus and Limewire but other than that usually stick to the same known websites and never click on any unknown emails or ads Any help is appreciated I am ready to do a complete dump and start from scratch with my computer but I thought I d try here first as that is my last resort Thank you Renee

A:Random Audio Files / Ads / Music Clips Play On Computer

Hello let's run one more scan...Run as administrator...Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159488/random-audio-files-ads-music-clips-play-on-computer/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

I saved songs from a legally owned music CD on to Real Player version 14.0.4.652

I thought I had saved them in a new play-list I created but they saved instead under the topic Music in Real Player.

I tried then right-clicking on each song and moving it to the new play-list I created but they wouldn't move to that new play-list.

Is there any way to move each song from Music to the new play-list?

Thank you kindly.

A:Real Player - Moving music files to play-list

A play list is simply a list of shortcuts pointing to the actual tracks they represent (same principle as Desktop shortcuts).

You therefore do not (and cannot) put the actual song files in the playlist location.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/real-player-moving-music-files-to-play-list.1016191/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

Somehow someway most all of my music and mpeg files have changed to VBScript script files... How can I change them back to what they were?

Thanks,
Rudy.

P.S. I just noticed that I have all duplicates in my music folder... I actually can play the music files that still have the windows media player logo next to the name etc... BUT, I definately cant play any of my MPEG files etc... I do not have duplicates there...

A:[Resolved] I cant play my music or MPEG files {loveletter worm}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-i-cant-play-my-music-or-mpeg-files-loveletter-worm.81719/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello,

After a malware infection, I lost the sound. In device manager I have yellow exclamation points on all drivers with error code 39. Attached here is a pic of my device manager. I have tried to reinstall drivers, with no change to problem

Thanks,
Matt

A:no sound, music files will not play. error code 39 on drivers

Looks to me as if all your basic Windows sound, video and game controller components are missing...no sound devices installed.

<<I have tried to reinstall drivers, with no change to problem>>

Just what did you do...what error messages did you receive?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319335/no-sound-music-files-will-not-play-error-code-39-on-drivers/
Relevancy 64.5%

Someone help please I m not that new to the game but I have come across one that has stumped me for quite a few days now I cannot copy music mp to audio cd or data files with my burner I know the burner works because it still allows me to back up my movies For the movie back-ups I use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD running in the back ground DVD Shink uses Nero as the burning software but whenever I try to use just Nero or Windows XP or WMP to burn music all I get is a bunch of error ridden coasters WMP goes through the whole motions Tells me my files are quot ready to burn quot Then when I click on quot burn quot it inspects converts everything then it burns the first song but as soon as it jumps to the next one it tells me quot closing quot and it closes the rest of the songs I have files Burn Music or anymore Data Can't tried the songs in differnt oreder and even put a whole new list of songs on but still the same thing happens Nero goes to about on the Can't Burn Music or Data files anymore burn and then I get quot Burn process failed at XXXX quot I have tried WinAmp same end result nothing I have used converters to convert mp to wma prior to burn but still the same result coaster My Burner is set as the recordable device under its properties I have tried several different types of CD-R I have always used Memorex and have not had a problem until now I have been all through the options of WMP and as far as I can tell it all looks good I have re-installed Nero WMP and WinAmp a couple of times each I have tried some new codecs but to be honest I am not even sure which ones I should have Could there be a setting that I am just overlooking Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Dell P AOPEN x burner Windows XP Pro gig HD over half still free nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

I plug in a Memorex CD/DVD drive via USB.  The drive is recognized and all says good in Device Manager.  I insert a music CD and it plays just fine.  I insert a Data CD (trying to load an application) and it let me view the list of files, so I clicked on Setup, and it starts going crazy dropping off then adding back, then dropping off again.  Can't read any details, never even gives me an error message.  I ejected that and went back to a music CD and all if fine again.  I got ONE error message a while back with a BSOD that referred to fltmgr.sys but i have not been successful in interpreting what that meant.

A:Portable CD/DVD drive will play music CDs but won't read Dat...

Frustrated_Mom wrote:.... I insert a Data CD (trying to load an application) and it let me view the list of files, so I clicked on Setup, and it starts going crazy dropping off then adding back, then dropping off again.....Hi, That means nothing wrong with the device, you need to check the CD itself, the Setup.exi file could be damaged. The missing file may not on the CD. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Portable-CD-DVD-drive-will-play-music-CDs-but-won-t-read/td-p/5694973
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys, bit of a novice question to you lot I should think, but I just wanted to know which cable is needed for me so I can play my music from my laptop through my surround sound. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1545, bought earlier this year so it's quite new, it doesn't have many inputs however, just headphones and mic multimedia wise. And my surround sound is Logic3. Any help much appreciated Cheers.

A:Cable needed to play music from laptop to surround sound??

anyone??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-needed-to-play-music-from-laptop-to-surround-sound.947992/
Relevancy 63.64%

Worked a few days ago.

Asks whether I want to format disc when it sees one (doesn't see all of the discs).

Did the usual, searched for updated driver and it said I have the newest. Uninstalled drive, rebooted. Still natin'.
What can it be? Thank you.

Shetawk

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 112963 MB, Free - 36962 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, SANTA ROSA CRB, Not Applicable, Not Applicable
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 63.21%

I am having problems with my computer, in fact my old laptop had the same problem with the same video files, any 1080p video files I may have on my computer will have a problem where the audio will stop for 3 - 5 seconds while the video continues to play, if I play-through the whole video with the audio stopping, the video ends before the audio, but if I skip to the end of the video at any point in the playback, the audio is in sync. I'm wondering if it is a Windows 7 related bug because the computers with the problem all run Windows 7. I could only find things on the internet regarding video websites like Youtube and such but I couldn't find anything with files on the computer. If those same videos I have problems with are uploaded to a video hosting website, they play just find without skipping on the website, even when my Internet slows around 6PM.

A:video files. audio keeps stopping, video continues to play

*bump*

I am still having this problem

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577512/video-files-audio-keeps-stopping-video-continues-to-play/
Relevancy 63.21%

Can I burn music files to a CD as data files and still use them to burn later as music CDs?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi there I am having some trouble with some of my DVD RW discs right now Because I ripped some of my audio CD's using my Windows Media Player and then I burned my DVD RW disc to my SonicRecord Now burning sofware And this software came with my computer And it's been working for me a long time But right now I am having major problems with my DVD RW discs because I put all of my music onto my disc So I put this DVD RW disc into my CD Burner drive And by the way just to let you know that my CD Burner CD DVD+RW doesn't audio play Burner disc for music My drive is the DVD Rewritable type of burner My CD Burner drive doesn't play DVD+RW disc for audio music drive So I put in this DVD RW with all of my music on it and my computer started to crash and freeze My CD Burner drive doesn't play DVD+RW disc for audio music on me Man this gets so annoying and frustrating when this happens And also my CD burner light was My CD Burner drive doesn't play DVD+RW disc for audio music flashing green along with my hard drive light at the same time And I have like no idea why it was doing this for For my computer I have a Dell Dimension with XP Home Edition So do you know why that this is happening to me for You know what I'm thinking I am probably thinking that DVD RW discs are only made for putting DVD's on them only But not music So that is probably the reason why my computer keeps crashing on me for no reason So instead I should be using just a plain CD-RW or CD-R But I am using these DVD RW discs because they last for about hours more then just the CD-RW discs do But that's not really good though for me Oh well So do you know if there's any way to fix this problem that I am having with my DVD RW discs This mostly only happens when I put music on it like Mp 's or WMA's from my Windows media Player Well anyway so let me know on how to fix this problem so that my discs work fine again and do not crash my computer at all Then I will be happy again that's for sure And don't forget to get back to me as soon as possible So thank you very much now And I will be waiting for my response from you very soon

A:My CD Burner drive doesn't play DVD+RW disc for audio music

DVD+RW discs are a little tricky to work with. After recording to an RW you must Finalize the disc in the recording software. If you do not Finalize the disc, then the disc will not read. Also, there are only so many uses for an RW. You can only Erase (Format) the disc so many times before they stop working well. I suggest to always use -R discs. They are one time use only, but much easier to work with. Are you putting your music on discs to back them up or do you have a DVD player that plays Data discs? Or are you making a DVD Audio disc? If you are just backing up, why not consider a USB HDD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-cd-burner-drive-doesnt-play-dvd-rw-disc-for-audio-music-567910.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have a a DVD drive that plays music but doesn't recognize any of the bootable DVDs I have. I also have a USB Drive with a Windows 7 system on it and that isn't recognized either. With the USB drive I have been able to play or remove MP4 movie files but not boot.

What specific information can I provide? I have basically run through the tutorial on this forum with no help. Would certainly go through the process from scratch to see if I can get this fixed. I suspect it has something to do with some software program that stepped on some obscure registry setting.

A:DVD Drive play music but doesn't recognize bootable DVDs

It would be good to know what program on the DVD you are trying to boot.

Also, if you put an installation DVD in the drive does the installation start?

How are you trying to boot these devices?
Does the Alienware PC have a key to press to bring up the Boot Menu?
What is the Boot Order in your BIOS/UEFI?
Let's start there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324121-dvd-drive-play-music-but-doesnt-recognize-bootable-dvds.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Some videos made using an online system, screencasts, now downloaded will not show the video component when played on the computer.  Windows Media Player 12 had played them just fine when they were online, but now using Windows Media Player 12 with the same video downloaded, only the Media Player's visualizations show but not the recorded video portion.  Why or what can I do?

Windows Vista
Windows Media Player 12
Downloaded videos as MP4 (actually onto external portable hard disk).

A:downloaded video files not play the video portion (mp4)

Download CCCP Codec Pack. After install make sure you reset user settings. Reboot and you should be able to play MP4's using the Classic Media Player included in the Codec Pack. This codec pack will let you play just about any media file. Don't worry about the Russian Looking page. The site is legit.

Go to Start -> Programs -> Combined Community Codec Pack and open the Settings manager.
Press "Next" to get to the second page.
Under "Special Settings", check "Reset All Settings".
Press Apply.
Select Yes to the question, and follow through the Settings until Apply is hit again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573111/downloaded-video-files-not-play-the-video-portion-mp4/
Relevancy 62.35%

I've had my pc for four years and the problem occured several months ago. When I play music or video files the files stutter. This occurs on every software such as Media Player, Itunes, Real Player. It even occurs when I play youtube videos. It is very annoying and the stuttering happens approximately 10 to 15 seconds apart. I tried the following with no success: reloaded Windows XP, defrag hard drive, ran CCleaner, ran SpyNoMore, ran RegCure. I've notice that the stutter occurs when my CPU spikes above 25%.

Clark <removed by moderator - etaf - please do not put advertisements links here>

USA

A:music or video files the files stutter

Welcome to TSG

i have moved you post to a thread of its own - please do not ask questions on other peoples threads

Also removed the advert link

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-or-video-files-the-files-stutter.913271/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi See my sig for info about my computer I bought an -GB data data Need transfer to to Flash Solved: Drive music transfer stick so I can backup my important pix documents what have you I was able to transfer Solved: Need to transfer music data to Flash Drive over a lot of stuff mostly documents and pix but I want to export my iTunes to this stick and it won t work It says something like XML files for TXT files No other option I bought the SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Flash Drive I am going Solved: Need to transfer music data to Flash Drive to the correct drive F and I have tried dragging won t work and I have tried going to iTunes and choosing Export and browsing to my SanDisk drive and tried saving no go even the library won t work Shows up as text when I open it on the data stick Any ideas I want to save my precious iTunes library somewhere and it says it will take videos and music so anyone know what I need to do Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Help

Just upgraded to win 7 ultimate. Installation went well but -
my _NEC DVD_RW ND-3520AW ATA drive cannot read data cd/dvd only audio & blank cd's. In device mamagement it looks ok.

tried to boot with disbling the signature enforcement
did the same using the command line, looked for upperfilter in registry and even upgraded the nec driver after 4 years it was working file

Anyone ?

A:unable to play data cd's onto dvd rw drive

4 years - the lens has become dirty after all that time causing issues. Open and clean with alcohol and q-tip. Dry with another q-tip.

If that fails, update firmware for the drive itself from manufacturer's website.

I suggest in that order because that is order of likelihood for your problem by a large margin.

They're cheap enough though nowadays if you can't seem to fix it. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/34096-unable-play-data-cds-onto-dvd-rw-drive.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Ever since the day I installed the drivers for my Creative MP3 player, all my music, videos, movies have been altered. By altered I mean that they are not the same as they were originally. For eg, where there are lyrics, there are no lyrics and and the sound tone is very low, and sometimes normal. And in my videos/movies, the music is fine, but when there is speaking the sound tone is exceptionally low. Strangely enough even the videos at Youtube are affected in the same way. My Windows Media Player is upto date.

Any help will be appreciated.

Please guys I need help, this is serious!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-video-files-altered.593592/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Everyone.
I would like to know if anyone can help. I accidentally deleted the Windows Vista music and video files. I thought they were temp files and so I deleted it.
Is there a place I can go to get them back? Or is there any place on the hard drive that possibly stores them??
Thanks in advance

A:Need music, and video files that came with Vista

those are only sample vids and are not needed...i delete mine when i get a new system - wasted space...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-music-and-video-files-that-came-with-vista.683913/
Relevancy 61.06%

It says:
----- Initializing Renderer ----
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound
----- R_Init -----
Getting Direct3D 9 interface...
Pixel shader version is 2.0
Vertex shader version is 0.0
Video card or driver doesn't accelerate transform and lighting.
Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data.

Error during initialization:
Video card or driver doesn't support UBYTE4N vertex data.

Please help me and be as thorough as possible, thank you in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-or-driver-doesnt-support-ubyte4n-vertex-data-while-im-trying-to-play-cod4-383336.html
Relevancy 60.63%

At a glance, it looks like there is no way to load local files into the libraries of the Music or Video apps, and that they are only for Microsoft store content. Does this seem to be the case to everyone else? If not...

These apps seem to be pretty useless to someone, like me, who has a large pre-existing music library. Obviously, I can continue using WMP (looks like there were no changes to WMP from Win7?), but just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this. Seems like these apps would be a lot more useful if you could load your pre-existing library along with MS's store content.

A:Local Files in Music, Video Apps, Etc

I noticed today that local files that you add to your desktop Windows Media Player show up, as a library, in the Metro Music app. So you can, in fact, use your local files in Metro Music.

While this is good, and makes Music infinitely more useful and appealing... I think Microsoft made a bit of a mistake releasing these preview apps to the public without simple features, such as an option to add local files from within the app, instead of having to use a convoluted method like using an entirely different app to add them. Many people, instead of tooling around with the apps, are just going to write them off when they see the basic options they are looking for are not there.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4074-local-files-music-video-apps-etc.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Anyone know a program i can download that converts music files and/or video files into other formats (ex: .ra convert to .mp3) and it converts the file for you fully? because most converters only convert part of the file for you... u have to buy their product in order to get the full converison.
Thanks..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-music-video-files-converters.381728/
Relevancy 60.63%

Friends I am using a AMD Athalon bit computer with windows xp I have adequate music clips in my HDD recorded through Pinnacle TV Tuner card as mpg I hve burnt these in blank cds using windows cd writing program But after I purchasing a new DVD writer drive the Nero Burner software does not add the mpg music files and promt the following message quot one or more files could not be added to the compilation The following files may not reside in the VIDEO TS directory of a DVD Video compilation Only compliant DVD-video files VIDEO- TS IFO -TS VOB -TS BUP VTS-nn- IFO video burner .mpg cannot music in add files nero the - VOB - BUP and -m VOB can cannot add .mpg video music files in the nero burner be added to the VIDEO-TS folder cannot add .mpg video music files in the nero burner Please add files from a completed DVD- video files or use an auathoring software like Nero Visiion Express to create DVD Video files from standard video files such as avi and mpg quot I therefore request you please help me to solve the problem how to add the mpg files to the Nero Burner and finally burn the DVD by Gikki nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have PP 2002. Any time I make a powerpoint display, I know I have to save the music/video files in the same drive or it will not see it during the presentation. Is there a way around this; can I embed the files in the presentation?

thanks.

A:Powerpoint: How do you embed music or video files?

By default, only .wav (WAV: A file format in which Windows stores sounds as waveforms. Such files have the extension .wav. Depending on various factors, one minute of sound can occupy as little as 644 kilobytes or as much as 27 megabytes of storage.) (waveform audio data) sound files under 100 kilobytes (KB) each in size are embedded in your presentation. All other media file types and .wav files greater than 100 KB are linked. If you want the .wav sound file to be contained inside the presentation, you can increase the size of the embedded file to a maximum of 50,000 KB (50 megabytes). However, raising this limit also increases the overall size of your presentation and may slow down its performance.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/powerpoint/HA012303071033.aspx

(link for "you can increase the size of the embedded file to a maximum of 50,000 KB")

While the article's for 07, I doubt "they" reduced the functionality post-2K2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powerpoint-how-do-you-embed-music-or-video-files.897941/
Relevancy 60.2%

Anytime I play music or video my computer freezes. Not to mention if I run spyware or adware (its starts to run then freezes). I can use internet and all programs. If anyone has some helpful ideas that would be great thank you

A:Music and Video freeze my laptop

Hello and welcome to TSF

What files do you scans stop at? also are you experiencing and Malware symptoms?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-and-video-freeze-my-laptop-195167.html
Relevancy 59.77%

ok i tried to install a real copy of XP and it worked but cant run any movie files like wmv.

its real slow with sluggish and choppy picture and sound

so i installed a lite Ver. of Xp and same stuff.

it plays music just fine.

but when it come to any movie file even on the internet like youtube its very sluggish and choppy.

any ideas y this is????

NOW it does play DVDs 110% and Music CD and music of the HHD 110%.

just the video files of the net and other movie files that dont work.

system is PIII EB 933 mhz
asus cuv4x-c
pc133 256mb
80gig HHD
nivida 5200fx
mad dog sound card

AND
whats the best AV so it dont slow the computer down???

i tried AV norton system works and it slowed it down bad.

thx for the help

A:cant play video files HELP!!!!!

Sounds like you need to install some codecs.

Not sure what AV option would be the best for you considering your specs. Most AV programs do tend to have an impact on resources.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-play-video-files-help-487608.html
Relevancy 59.77%

A couple weeks ago, I put a DVD into my computer and attempted to play it with VLC media player. I will add that it was a Russian DVD, if that makes any difference. The title screen came up for about a second and then disappeared, playing only the audio from the main menu. I couldn't get it to work again.

Later, I tried playing a normal AVI file and had the exact same problem. My computer can normally play these files, and I have all the right codecs, but now no video files on my computer will play in either VLC or Winamp. I posted this earlier and the only advice I got was to do a system restore. Is there anything else I could do?

Relevancy 59.77%

when I click play nothing happens sound comes perfect but no movie

can any one help please
thanks

A:Cant play any mpg video files

Which player do you use?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/13518-cant-play-any-mpg-video-files.html
Relevancy 59.77%

hi there! I'm josh from the Philippines! Ive got a problem in my computer where i cant play mp3s and video files! it always said: every time i play video in my windows media player i usually get the message: "An error occurred while playing the file. (Error=80004001)" other video players too cant play them and give me a message "NOT IMPLEMENTED". Ive already reinstalled my sound drivers but it doesn't work at all. i even updated them from the Internet and they don't work either. i would really appreciate it if you could help me. Thanks and God Bless!

Relevancy 59.77%

hey there, everything was fine untill few days ago, there is some websites that i cant view video files anymore, and there is some others that i can, like youtube.
i dont know why is that, it gave me a notice saying something about com surrogate, but it dosent give me that anymore.
i have windows xp.
i read a bit about it, i understood that it something have to do with codec' so i downloaded x-lite, after i deleted the all codec i had on my computer as instructed, but no LUCK, its still not working.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-play-some-video-files.617230/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey guys,

I've got a bunch of video files from a recovery I had to do off a 4 terabyte drive.. yeah that was annoyingly long..

Some of them don't play saying "cannot render" - that's fine so I delete them..

I'm using VLC and Media Player Classic Home to try to view the videos.. sometimes VLC is better. and sometimes MPCH can play them... so I have to now try both programs if one doesn't read..

but some of them do try to play and play with shuddering sound or video.. is there anything to try to do with these? Is there a way to at-least try to fix them?

Thanks
Edit** an example is here.. look at the time of this video.. it's obviously messed up..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72836-video-files-wont-play-there-way-fix.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My EEE 900 starts to skip, where previously it wouldnt, for example at a fringe episode. I have noticed that when this happens in the past, the problem will resolve itself in a few days (whether thats due to a few reboots or other factors I am not sure).

Here are the in-depth specs of the fringe episode.

Video: XVID 624x352 23.98fps [Stream 00]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 128Kbps [Stream 01].

I am streaming the file wirelessly.

I've tried using media player classic and windows media player and VLC
VLC performs the worst. not only do I get less images, but the images that I get are pixillated.

My screen resolution is 1024 x 768, however with little difference if altered.

I have tried using K-lite codec pack, or CCCP.

Im running nlited XP SP3

EEE 900 specs are as follows:

CPU: 900 Mhz Intel Celeron
Memory SDRAM: 1GB DDR2
Graphics: Integrated Intel GMA 900

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/eee-900-cannot-play-some-video-files-without-skipping-344231.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I got a new keyboard today. Just plugged in and started my PC. It wanted me to install some driver software stuff and it did automatically. But now i can't play any video files. I normally use VLC. I tried uninstalling several times. Quicktime and Windows player doesn't work either. I can not play my video files at all. Firefox also stopped working. It all just crashes when i try to open it. Please help this is so damn frustrating!

Also i just found out i can't open images either

Relevancy 59.34%

I can't play the audio and video files in my pc. I tried other media player also but didn't work. Even i can't play the video online. There's no audio and video at screen.

A:I can't play audio and video files

Hi, Did you upgrade your machine ? If yes, what is the pre-installed OS ? Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/I-can-t-play-audio-and-video-files/td-p/5588349
Relevancy 59.34%

i have already tried posting this in another section of the forums and nobody has helped me over there so i will post this here when i try to click play all when playing video files i get the error saying no playable file is found, but i can open up a folder and play video files individually though i have tried everything from resetting Windows Media Player to disabling it and re-enabling it and i am not having any luck, i did look online and find out that i may have to go and edit the registry to get it working again and i have no clue on how to do this i am trying to play mp4 files and i am running Windows 7 Professional, if anybody has any solution for this please let me know thanks

A:Getting Error when trying to play video files

Hi,

You can try this article. Error Message "Unable to Find Playable File" in Windows Media Player for Windows XP

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/329513-getting-error-when-trying-play-video-files.html
Relevancy 59.34%

error when try to play video files.for me is posible to play some video files where are located on my hard drivel the dvds or cds works 100% good.i have all windows updates,antivirus ,work with system mechanic mobile kit v6.0,i think is the best for clean pc errors.when i try to opend videos the system freeze for a moment.usually i need to delete the process with the task manager. i able to burn the movies with nero burning room.over the device manager i see with yellow marks the multimedia controller,video and audio.i have the program driver magician with all the drivers updated.when i try to see the videos from hardrive folders the pc give me this error:windows media player has encoutered a problem and need to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience.what is the mistake?thanks for the attention.

A:error when try to play video files

windshield said:

error when try to play video files.for me is posible to play some video files where are located on my hard drivel the dvds or cds works 100% good.i have all windows updates,antivirus ,work with system mechanic mobile kit v6.0,i think is the best for clean pc errors.when i try to opend videos the system freeze for a moment.usually i need to delete the process with the task manager. i able to burn the movies with nero burning room.over the device manager i see with yellow marks the multimedia controller,video and audio.i have the program driver magician with all the drivers updated.when i try to see the videos from hardrive folders the pc give me this error:windows media player has encoutered a problem and need to close.we are sorry for the inconvenience.what is the mistake?thanks for the attention.Click to expand...

Those yellow marks indicate those devices are not working. Delete the devices with the yellow marks and reboot so windows can find the proper drivers.
OR
reinstall all the drivers from the disk that came with your computer motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-when-try-to-play-video-files.481560/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have a Sony HD camcorder which records to memory stick and saves files as .mts or .m2ts or SD format in .mpg

Can't seem to get any of these to play in Windows Media Player

I have Vista Premium and Media Player 11

Thanks

Relevancy 59.34%

I am running WinXP on an Athlon XP 2000+(1.67Ghz) with an XFX GeForce 4 MX 420 (64MB) and 128 MB PC2100 DDR RAM. Whenever I try to play any type of video, animation or Game It Freezes up. I have tried everything I can think of from updating the Graphics Drivers to Updating the BIOS. When I try to run DirectX Diagnostic it freezes too. I cannot figure this one out by myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Flip360

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-pro-freezes-when-i-play-video-files.93538/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows media center will not play any video files apart from what it records from tv, windows media player will play them, the video files are mostly avi.

I am getting the error files needed to display video are not installed or not working correctly.

I have used gspot to see if i have the correct codecs and i do.

Any help would be great.

Relevancy 59.34%

This has become a problem for a while now video when to trying files. BSOD play I can t pinpoint exactly what s causing the problem but whenever I try to play any video file AVI WMV MKV just about anything in Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic haven t tried any other players but the same error is given for both players it runs fine for a few seconds then Windows crashes with a blue error screen which flashes for less than a second then the laptop restarts automatically I can replicate this error over and over and it is the same every time I can also speed up the process of the error by attempting to scroll to any segment of any video with BSOD when trying to play video files. the slider I m absolutely sure that the video files themselves are not corrupted as they play perfectly fine on another machine and have been successfully converted to other formats and even played on other hardware other than PCs Because the error message appears on-screen for a very brief amount of time I have obtained a picture of it with my camera The details of the error message are exactly as follows A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical information STOP x xE A F B x xE A F B x Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance Click to expand For possible convenience here is the picture of the blue error screen when it flashes on the screen image is x pixels http i tinypic com jb ojm jpg Now a few things about this The error only happens when video is played on those players Music runs perfectly fine on Windows Media Player yet video played on Windows Media Player will crash just like stated above I ve tried playing the video with a variety of codec packs and with none at all all situations have resulted in the crash occurring I am not entirely sure which programs or drivers I should be looking to update I can provide a DxDiag txt of my machine if computer specs are required for assistance Videos have been able to run without flaw on this laptop previously I am not sure what has been changed However it is worth a note that I have previously attempted to update my graphics driver for my graphics card ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS a while ago but System Restored the update back to its previous state after being displeased with some of the results My laptop was able to run videos successfully before I attempted this and I am not sure if it led to negative results Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-trying-to-play-video-files.745799/
Relevancy 59.34%

I was trying to convert some AVI files to DVDs last night and my computer kept crashing. Since then my computer will no longer play any videos except things like youtube that use flash player.
I have a lot of downloaded avi files and they all used to work but now none of them will play. I have Windows Media Player, Windows Player Classic, Winamp and Powerdvd and none of them work and just crash as soon as I try to play a video.
Also I have tried to use System Restore but that refuses to work either.

A:Computer Won't Play Any Video Files

Not sure what the problem is but try VLC player. http://www.filehippo.com/download_vlc/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-play-any-video-files-397055.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I don't know where to put this it may be a Vista thing or a Sound card thing I honestly have no cannot files any I video audio or play clue I come here because nothing like this has ever happened on my XP machine My machine having problems is a HP laptop running Vista I'm not sure when it began but as of at least a I cannot play any video or audio files week or so ago I am not able to play video files or audio files Types of video files I've tried include wmv mpg I know I have been I cannot play any video or audio files able to play audio files from this computer in the past I ripped some CD's to it and listened through them on the computer several times Those same tracks no longer play for me I've tried Windows Media Player and Winamp neither program works When I try Winamp nothing happens at all When I use WMP I get this Message quot Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file For additional I cannot play any video or audio files assistance click Web Help quot clicking web help takes me to This page Because of that I thought the problem may be with my sound card I followed the instructions on that page The Device Manager lists Conexant High Definition Audio as my sound controller and it is working properly I uninstalled the driver on that and reinstalled it the computer looked for the driver online and downloaded and installed it so I am assuming it is the correct driver The device appears to be working fine The driver that device is currently using is ver I Downloaded and Installed a so called quot Vista codec Pack quot I found on several sites thinking this was a codec problem but there is no change according to gspot I have the codec's necessary to play these files The computer can play video and audio just fine through youtube but it won't pay files that are on my computer Another error message that comes up mainly for audio files is quot Windows Media Player cannot access the file The file might be in use you might not have access to the computer where the file is stored or your proxy settings might not be correct quot The files is not in use and it is on this computer so access and proxy settings should not be and issue I regularly check for spyware and malicious programs with spybot I just downloaded and ran AVG free antivirus the scan is running right now but I'm not waiting on it So I think that is everything relevant If you can help be out I'd greatly appreciate it

A:I cannot play any video or audio files

Hey Vita, Welcome to TSF.

I still think it could be a codec issue.

Try installing the K-lite codec pack and should that fail, try playing the files with VLC media player (link to it is in my sig)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-cannot-play-any-video-or-audio-files-201662.html
Relevancy 59.34%

After installing bf and a new graphics card geforce I ran bf without any problems I am running the latest driver After that I tried to play some mpeg files on windows media player But they don t play - my comp stalls and when I check the windows job list the cpu is maxed out at quot quot So I abort the task and everything is back to normal again will bf2 play installing after files video No I tried playing the same files on winamp and the same thing happens I tried playing avi and divx files and none of them work I ve never had problems playing these files and the problem No video files will play after installing bf2 has started just after installing bf and the new video card Oddly I can still play mpeg and avi files on a piece of freeware that I use for vjing - neuromixer pro Audio files still play without problems So - any suggestions Thanks My specs P mhz gb ram Geforce video card gb maxtor hd rpm Mobo asus p pe Onboard soundcard nbsp

A:No video files will play after installing bf2

There may be a problem with that driver conflicting with WMP. I've read of similar problems elsewhere.

Try opening WMP, click on Tools, then Options, then Performance, then Advanced and uncheck Use Overlays.

Otherwise, you could try rolling back to an earlier driver version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-files-will-play-after-installing-bf2.27839/
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm kind of stumped here. The other day I wasn't able to play video files at all. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary and scanned my computer with AVG and everything is on the up. I tried to open the files with windows media player and GOM player and only get audio. However, when I open the video files with Windows Media Center, they work! I downloaded XP Codec pack and still no progress. I prefer Windows Media Player and GOM over Windows Media Center but I'm sticking to what works right now. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? I Have Windows Vista. Thanks in advance.

A:Only audio, no video when I try to play .wmv or .mov files

Download media player classic,it has a bunch of codeks coming with it,or try installing VLC player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-audio-no-video-when-i-try-to-play-wmv-or-mov-files.136124/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi - I recently downloaded Quicktime (along with I-tunes) to my PC, and I am now unable to play older video files. They show up with the extension MOV, and I get a message saying I should download the latest version of Quicktime (which I already have).

I think Quicktime automatically converted my movie files to their format. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks for your help...

Relevancy 59.34%

Is it possible to make "Xbox Video" app in 8.1 play .flv files?
I tried several other apps they don't really deliver either, so I was hoping we could associate .flv files with "Video" app in Metro so we can see all videos as thumbnails, but I couldn't find a way.

VLC works but it doesn't list videos as thumbnails eithers.

A:Is there Metro video app that can play MKV and FLV files?

VLC would be the only one. Majority of us use Start8 or Classic Shell and a app like Stardock Software Metromix to run apps on the desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66845-there-metro-video-app-can-play-mkv-flv-files.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all!

For the past few...I'm not sure how long exactly. But anyway, firefox can't play any videos (youtube, crunchyroll, etc.)

What happens is this:
1) I go to my video site of choice.
2) I click on a video I wish to watch.
3) Firefox eats both of my processors (see below for spec.s), does not load the video, and I have to forcefully close the browser with task manager (waiting after 'closing' the browser doesn't do anything, except make my laptop very hot).

Here are my spec.s:

Processor: AMD X2 Turion 2.6 GHz
4GB ram
Firefox 3.5.7
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
Cable internet

As a note, firefox *used* to work fine with videos. I have not tested this issue with other browsers yet.

::EDIT::
Issue resolved (Turn on "Windows XP SP3 compatibility". Just read the 'other browsers' support subforum and got the idea. Thank you, vladimirb!)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-cant-play-video-files-flv-451554.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been able to play mpeg 4 and other videos mostly from kazzza. Recently I can play know of these. I receive the following error message:Windows Media Player Error. No such interface supported. It sent me to microsoft web site . It said no help available Error # 80004002. Can anyone help? thanks