Windows Support Forum

ACER Aspire 4750G Clock Speed Issue Intel i5 @ 798...

Q: ACER Aspire 4750G Clock Speed Issue Intel i5 @ 798...

Good day nbsp I have registered in this forum in search for a solution towards my problem First and formost here is nbsp my laptop specifications nbsp Acer gIntel Core i M Ghz Up to Ghz with turbo boost GB RAM GB HDD Temporarily replaced with a faulty GB nbsp Ok Speed 4750G Aspire 798... i5 Intel ACER Clock @ Issue that being said I have two questions nbsp Mainly as I've noticed the sudden slow down of my computer I went into further research and found out that my clock speed is stuck at MHz via CPU-Z it wouldn't go up nor go low even when I open extensive programs like Photoshop or ACER Aspire 4750G Clock Speed Issue Intel i5 @ 798... games like Modern Warfare Like it used to go up to Ghz and all So going further I opened the laptop to check if any chips or wires weren't properly placed as I had it 're-aligned' through a techcnician I checked if the bolts and screws weren't properly fixed that could be causing the issue to no avail I bought and tried Installing a Windows -bit and then a Windows -bit but still my CPU won't go beyond MHz thus in both bit and bit my Windows Index Calculations per second reads than the usual to nbsp Score Checked around the internet and even someone with a G with only an i processor reads Score in his so something is definitely wrong with my CPU Speed nbsp nbsp Can I replace the CPU of my laptop as I've seen that it could be removed And I did remove it and properly placed it back along with thermal pastes This is a minor question nbsp And ever since I've gotten this fixed with a technician my Turbo boost no longer works It prompts me that you must have turbo boost enabled blabla I checked if they replaced my CPU with a faulty one but they didnt it's still the same with my mark on it and serials nbsp To anyone who can help me remove the limit of my CPU from MHz I'd really appreciate it as I've been struggling for days how to make it work nbsp P S Things I've tried Went to BIOS and chose Load Setup Defaults to no availUsed ThrottleStop in hopes of tweaking the Clock speed to no availTried a Bit and a Bit Windows OS to no availTried using GeekBench to stress test my laptop but still my clock speed wouldn't even move from MHzCleaned the laptopRe aligned the chipsIt's temporarily at -Bit Operating system as I noticed that it gives me more FPS boost from - to - Back then my FPS would go as far as - but ever since my CPU Issue it wont throttle beyond FPS sadly

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-Aspire-4750G-Clock-Speed-Issue-Intel-i5-798MHz/td-p/425731/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: ACER Aspire 4750G Clock Speed Issue Intel i5 @ 798...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 102.34%

I bought Second hand laptop and the driver is not include now the OS of the laptop is corrupted and i format it but the problem is the driver for that model kindly please help me in my problem if you have a cd of the same model for acer please copy and upload it on mediafire thank you and godbless

A:Where can i download the AIO(all-in-one) driver for Acer aspire 4750G?

Your best option may be to download the Acer Driver detection utility.
That should find all you need.

See here:
http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14387

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/253504-where-can-i-download-aio-all-one-driver-acer-aspire-4750g.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I hv Pentium Processor CPU N3540 @ 2.16 GHz. In specification it is written that I can Turbo boost it up to 2.66 GHz. How to do that. Pls guide me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Clock-speed-of-Intel-Pentium-Processor/td-p/5656873
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, i have a fujitsu siemens amilo laptop with a intel centrino pentium m processor, supposed maximum clock speed 1.60ghz, the thing is the laptop never goes any faster that "600mhz" even when the power settings are set to "always on" and i am running heavy demanding apps, i tested the speed with a few cpu speed test programs and i still get the "600mhz" minimum speed, i checked in bios and the clock speed is 600mhz for some strange reason? why arent i getting 1600mhz in bios?, it doesent matter whether it's plugged in or on battery i still get the miserable 600mhz

why am i only getting 600mhz?

Relevancy 77.4%

I recently bought an Acer Aspire G with no Windows - 7 Trouble x64 on No Found Device Aspire 4750G Win installing Drivers pre-installed i e DOS I downloaded Windows x Professional Edition iso from the official MSDNAA website I used Windows USB DVD Download Tool run on Windows XP SP to create a bootable USB flashdisk Sandisk Cruzer Blade GB Note that the file format of the flashdisk is turned to NTFS Next i inserted the flashdisk into the USB port of my G when into BIOS and changed the boot priority to USB HDD - Sandisk Cruzer Blade As usual I saved the changes exited the BIOS and reboot Also note that the initial mode is AHCI Booting from flashdisk is successful I was able to enter the setup The first screen prompts to select country Trouble installing Win 7 x64 on Aspire 4750G - No Device Drivers Found and keyboard The next screen shows the button quot Install Now quot When I clicked this button the setup does not lead me Trouble installing Win 7 x64 on Aspire 4750G - No Device Drivers Found to the License Agreement screen Instead it displays the following message A required CD DVD drive device driver is missing If you have a driver floppy disk CD DVD or USB flash drive please insert it now There is a Browse and Rescan button at the bottom I had previously downloaded every driver for my Acer Aspire G hence i extracted those in zip and copied them into the same flashdisk and restarted the setup again When the No Device Driver screen appeared I clicked on the quot Browse quot button and tried to navigate to the driver folders inside the flashdisk But I cannot find them because the directory of the bootable USB flashdisk is completely different Not running out of idea I copied the driver folders into my external harddrive I don't have another flashdisk connected it to the USB port and restarted the setup Now I can navigate through the external harddrive to search for the driver folders The setup recognizes the inf files The screenshot below shows the chipset drivers But when I press Next it loads for a while but then displays No new devices could be found Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media I tried several other drivers such as the AHCI LAN and WLAN but to no avail So now I'm confused I tried plugging the bootable flashdisk into the USB port Although the BIOS detected it and I was able to change the boot priority I cannot boot from it I also tried to switch the AHCI to IDE but the same error occurred Additionally to verify the integrity of the bootable flashdisk I tried running the setup on my computer Windows x already installed I did not encounter the above messages and was able to get into the Custom Install screen and beyond I did not try to install as it would wipe out all my data obviously I also tried to use another iso Windows x non-SP which I installed in my computer successfully but the same thing happened Update My friend had the exact same laptop in fact we bought them together from the same shop but she did not upgrade her RAM unlike mine Using Universal USB Installer she did not see the error messages and moved on directly to Custom or Typical Installation screen When I tried the same program it still showed similar messages The only difference between hers and mine is the RAM I tried to elaborate as much as I could I am very sorry if the pictures are not clear enough Please help me to solve this issue I would also like to offer my gratitude beforehand Solution nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by caveman The fault appears to be the flashdisk I used my friend's flashdisk Kingston GB to create a bootable flashdisk and it works When I tried to use my flashdisk to boot up in her G the same error occurred So that means the error lies in the flashdisk Thanks guys for assisting me especially gregrocker I hope my thread will help somebody else with the same issue

A:Trouble installing Win 7 x64 on Aspire 4750G - No Device Drivers Found

How about burning a DVD of the download iso and try the install from there?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/177460-trouble-installing-win-7-x64-aspire-4750g-no-device-drivers-found.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an acer aspire 5920 laptop and have had a problem with the battery not holding a charge from within a few months of purchase. Also, and I'm not sure if this 2nd problem is related, but the machine is unable to keep the time and date - it keeps reverting to a date (and incorrect time) in April 2007 (possibly the date of manufacture). Is there anyone else out there who is having similar problem(s) and if so, any solutions. The technician I took it to was very vague. I'd appreciate some help here

A:acer aspire 5920 battery and clock/date problem

Hi and welcome to TSF try a new cmos battery here is a link to the service manual http://printer1.blogspot.com/2009/01...ce-manual.html and this is what your replacing http://www.ehow.com/how_5011717_check-cmos-battery.html and some info on general issues related to it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5920-battery-and-clock-date-problem-497586.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I need help in understanding one simple thing that I find difficult to realise of my CPU You can see my specs I filled all and Core Weird Speed Behaviour Intel BSOD Occasional Clock High i7 of them in while registering My BIOS is fully up-to-date and except the battery which does not charge this laptop works fine I am not a wealthy-enough person to buy quot spare parts quot for Intel Core i7 Weird High Clock Speed Behaviour and Occasional BSOD my laptop to test it The problem I Intel Core i7 Weird High Clock Speed Behaviour and Occasional BSOD am encountering features my CPU an Intel Core i U which is designed to run at GHz as the benchmarks state Some time ago I noticed how the quot System Information quot windows in the Control Panel states the following on the quot Processor quot line quot Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz GHz quot and I always asked myself why does it have clock speeds Today having some spare times I wanted to go in depth and downloaded CPU-Z and discovered that the clock speed fluctuates between MHz and MHz which is much over than both and GHz Is this normal I never practiced overclocking BSODs are rare month and when they happen they are always of code x hal dll is the main problem then ntoskrn exe is also considered problematic BlueScreenView highlights them both red I know it is a hardware issue but I don't know what is it related to maybe to this Thank you in advance for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401234-intel-core-i7-weird-high-clock-speed-behaviour-occasional-bsod.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there I ve been running Ubuntu Karmic Koala until one day my AAO stopped recognizing my SSD Z-P GB neither during the boot nor if I boot from Ubuntu live on my USB in G-Parted When I tried reinstalling ubuntu the installation process would go up to the point when partitions are being created and then Acer not in Aspire SSD One recognized Intel is it would report an error not being able to see any hard disks I ran some commands in terminal and it seems that AAO just does not see the SSD In fact it would not see any hard disks for instance i connected my old i-pod s disk and I can hear and see it spinning but still not being recognized I then tried connecting another Intel Z-P GB SSD that I bought on the e-bay Same result -- not recognized I replaced the cable Nothing At this point I tend to think it s a controller problem but I am not a very sophisticated hardware-er so I am not sure if there is anything I can do at this point I am wondering if anyone could advice something Any help is sincerely appreciated Vishi nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-ssd-is-not-recognized-in-acer-aspire-one.925867/
Relevancy 72.67%

I just bought a Acer aspire intel celeron m 520 laptop brand new from future shop yesterday and brought it home and not more then 2 hours after using it a blue screen came up with a error and dissapeared before i could read it all and now when i start it it starts but the screen stays off... Were they recalled or somthing? because i can even find them on acer.com and im not to happy about this i have the 14 day refund or exchange warranty that i will use but id like to know if i should just get my momey back and look into a better laptop or try that laptop again because it seems to run great but i cant use it any help would be nice thanks

~Vendeta

A:Acer aspire intel celeron m 520 recall?

It runs great but doesn't boot? You shouldn't have to "fix" a computer you've had for 2 hours unless you downloaded something or physically damaged it. I've yet to see computers recalled (batteries, yes), so, no, that's not the problem. Take it back and get a replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-intel-celeron-m-520-recall.595328/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi to all First of all excuse me for my ACER speed Aspire 5750g fan bad english but I will try to explain what happened to my notebook I have a ACER Aspire g I - M and GEFORCE GT M and some week ago I try an update I remove the HD Gb and RAM x Gb and install a new HD Tb and RAM x Gb and install win Professional When I try to play a game euro truck simulator the processor temp arrived to and the notebook turn off in safety mode I check the fan and the fact was that dont work the high speed of the fan even the temp become high the fan ACER Aspire 5750g fan speed continue to turn in low speed I remove HD and RAM and come back to the original configuration but nothing to do so I flash the bios with the last update but nothing At the end I buy a new fan and all the heat pipe for this notebook adn I change it using a good diamond thermal paste but nothing At this moment I using a little software fan controller but I manually turn low or hig speed the fan I check the temp with aida extreme and all the sensor work fine the notebook is really good clean from dust I'm a little disappointed because the notebook still good and I cant find a solution for this problem Thanks in advance if someone can help me Regards

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-Aspire-5750g-fan-speed/td-p/428584/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi All nbsp Is anybody having trouble of Windows lately This is what happens to me yesterday About a week ago this patch came in nbsp KB along comes with latest intel drivers update as usual windows mandatorily overwrite and provides a my - ... R572G Acer Gfx Breaks Intel KB3140743 Aspire new driver over the existing stable one - the one provided in acer support Didnt notice anything much because all these are happening in the background until the BSOD stating Unhandle thread error happened to me and after rebooting- hell broke lose nbsp Resulting the return of Black Screen after boot screen This had happened before during the days of first started and we resolve it using Safe Mode and Acer Aspire R572G - KB3140743 Breaks my Intel Gfx ... force an older driver to windows nbsp However for some reason after installing nbsp KB everytime i revert back to older drivers it still give me the Black screen on boot Im pretty certain is the intel display driver because i tried disabling the nvidia card as well Right now im can boot up using intel display as microsoft default display driver - which is lame but at least i get to see use the computer nbsp I tried uninstalling nbsp KB bad idea it resulted in the system keep on spinning infinitely Im running out of ideas to resolve this now nbsp andI really dont want to force reset everything Just hopping i can find any solution here Solved Go to Solution

A:Acer Aspire R572G - KB3140743 Breaks my Intel Gfx ...

Aspire R572G isn't a good model so, I'm guessing it's a R7-572g.Maybe another update is tagging with KB3140743. I would uninstall all the updates that were installed with KB3140743 and see if it would boot. Uninstalling an update should return the computer to the way it was before the update was installed. Running.If you pull off the two rubber bumpers on the bottom, take out all the screws, the cover will come right off. Unplug and remove the battery and remove the HDD. Connect it to another computer with USB and get your files out.If it's a R7-572G. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R572G-KB3140743-Breaks-my-Intel-Gfx/td-p/422394/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

I don't have the boot disk.  Any advice is appreciated!

A:ACER Aspire 7750-6669 PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE R...

If you can access bios with F2, check thee boot tab that the HDD is the first to boot. It sounds like network is trying to boot first.Or try F-12 and pick HDD.If you still have the Recovery, hold down ALT and F-10 and see if Recovery will start.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-Aspire-7750-6669-PXE-MOF-Exiting-Intel-PXE-ROM-No-bootable/td-p/427244/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.81%

my acer aspire V5-561P cannot start. Just the power on and charging light is on. Despite numerous time resetting the battery, memory and power on /off .  Anybody has a clue ?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/my-acer-aspire-V5-561P-Intel-i5-laptop-cannot-start/td-p/454406
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all: I have a problem with my laptop (model VN7-571G). After a recent Windows 10 update, now I am not able to connect the laptop to my flat  LG TV via HDMI. I think it has to be related to Intel Graphics 5500 (current driver 10.18.15.4248). When I connect the laptop to my flat TV, laptop screen goes black (as it happened before), but TV message says "Without Conection". If I try to use Intel Driver Update Utility 2.6.1.4, it says I have to go to Acer website to get the drivers. I have already uninstalled all Intel drivers (VGA, chipset, etc.), and installed the ones in Acer website but the problem still exists. Any idea how to solve it?. Thanks and regards from Spain.Ignacio

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-V15-Nitro-and-Intel-Graphics-HD-5500-Issue/td-p/455793
Relevancy 70.95%

I am trying to enable hardware virtualization on my Acer Aspire V3 so that I can use VirtualBox to create a 64 bit guest OS, because right now I can only make 32 bit guest OS's.I have a 64 bit processor, however.The bios manager that I can access by pressing F2 during system boot will not allow me to enable hardware virtualization, so I'm trying to find out how to do it with my particular laptop and CPU.Can someone help me out?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-731-4473-Intel-B960-Hardware-Virtualization/td-p/445366
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys, I have a serious problem. Right now I've made the impossible for the driver to work correctly but I can't.

I am trying to install the correct Graphic Driver for an Acer Aspire 1410 to no avail.

It is a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family. I've tried to install it:
- Via the device manager
- From a driver download directly from the Acer Website.
- From Windows Update.

I have installed/uninstalled and I've ran out of ideas. Don't know what to do.

Each time I try to do something on device manager there's the yellow triangle with the display driver. Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Intel Graphic Driver won't install on Acer Aspire 1410

Can you give some background info about the laptop, like: are you trying to upgrade the drivers, did you just do a clean install of Windows (which version - 7 starter, 7 ultimate, etc)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/223457-intel-graphic-driver-wont-install-acer-aspire-1410-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello, my netbook is 5 yrs old already but I want too keep using it. Lately, I noticed it runs really, really slow. It runs on a windows 7 starter. I have a few questions:

1) is reformatting advisable?
2) can I still upgrade my RAM?
3) is this a sign that my netbook has a virus?

Thanks for the help!

A:Acer aspire one D260 Intel atom N475, 2gb DDR3

Let's try checking by running the scans below.Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593257/acer-aspire-one-d260-intel-atom-n475-2gb-ddr3/
Relevancy 70.95%

I am trying to enable hardware virtualization on my Acer Aspire V3 so that I can use VirtualBox to create a 64 bit guest OS, because right now I can only make 32 bit guest OS's.I have a 64 bit processor, however.The bios manager that I can access by pressing F2 during system boot will not allow me to enable hardware virtualization, so I'm trying to find out how to do it with my particular laptop and CPU.Can someone help me out?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-731-4473-Intel-B960-Hardware-Virtualization/td-p/445366/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone,

It is my first thread on this forum and I want to thank you because you indirectly help me so many times.

I just installed new bios 1.25 on my notebook because of usb issues. Everything works fine but suddenly my wifi device stops working on windows 7.
It is well installed, the connection under Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections is enabled, but It doesn't see any WiFi spot.

It is not a device hardware problem because it works under ubuntu.

I tried all the usual ways: reinstall drivers etc but nothing happens.

I don't want to reinstall my OS because I'll have too many settings to restore after.

Is there anyone experiencing the same problem? Anyone who fixed it?

Device: Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN on Acer Aspire 5738g-644g32mn

A:Acer Aspire 5738g WiFi Problem Intel 5100 AGN

Try updating your drivers from here:

Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads
Acer Support - Welcome to Acer Support
Acer Support - Welcome to Acer Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/71552-acer-aspire-5738g-wifi-problem-intel-5100-agn.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi There, After I wake my Notebook from sleep mode, the backspace speed settings are really slow but the settings in the keyboard settings are the same - fast. This only seems to happen after waking from sleep mode. If I restart it or power up after shut down it's not an issue. Any ideas as to what the issue is?? Thanks! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Keyboard-Speed-Settings-Changing-Acer-Aspire-ES1-521/td-p/440567/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello I am an issues and am totally lost.

I have an Acer Aspire 8943G laptop which is about two years old. A year a go the hard drive broke so I replaced it with a new Wd 1TB hard drive. Before even changing the hard drive I was exhibiting these problems. The laptop would crash, BlueScreen talking about physical dump, or randomly just restart. Sometimes it would restart during the restarting process. I am totally lost. The issue has been getting worse as it happens more frequent. I don't know if its hardware or software related so please of you could help would greatly appreciate it.

These are the specs
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i7-740QM processor 
1.73 GHz, 6mb L3 cache
ATI Mobility Rodeon HD 5650 Upto 2782 Mb hyper memory
18.4" Full HD 1080p LED LCD
4 GB DDR 3 Memory
1Tb Hard disc space.

Please HELP. I am loosing my mind over this

A:Windows 7 Acer Aspire 8943G Crashes/BlueScreen (Phyisical dump) Reduced Speed

To help us troubleshoot please do the following.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size. Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522190/windows-7-acer-aspire-8943g-crashesbluescreen-phyisical-dump-reduced-speed/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello i have an acer zg5 netbook one day it just died from a low battery tried charging it and after a few hours it failed to turn on power button lit up for a sec hard disk light flashed then nothing tried to plug it back it and the led says it was charging then would turn green saying it was charged but still would not turn on. I replaced the power cord and all that still happens. (the screen was recently replaced by me but it had worked fine for several days after the fix including holding a charge.). I thank anyone in advance for help.

A:Acer Aspire One ZG5 issue

Anyone have an idea?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-zg5-issue.142716/
Relevancy 67.51%

Thanks For Taking The Time to read my post/problem

my father let borrow his laptop and they gave it back in bad shape.. first bad mistake

so now we have this brand new laptop completely not working.

battery charges. and the hard drive seems to spin when i turn it on

i have not yet checked the memory or if the hard drive is not working external came here first to hear other ideas while im gutting

so when i turn on the power... light comes on hard disk spins charges but no screen no bios... my conclusion ofc is the Motherboard...was gonna gut it and make sure all is pluged in and switch the memory incase that was the issue as i read on ANOTHER post

A:Acer Aspire issue

Tell us brand and model, and configuration. also where you live (for buying parts) We fan figger this out.
Do you see any sign of impact damage anywhere on any laptop surface.
Do you have a recovery disk set from Acer, or can you get one?
One possibility that would cover most issues is that the hard drive was damage by moving the laptop while the hard drive was spinning. Also, the ribbon cable from under the keyboard to the screen has pulled loose from vibration... or that a memory module has come loose.
The borrowers may not even know that they damaged it.
Are either you or your father good with screw drivers and other tools. You will need a #1 screw driver of excellent quality for hardness, and one smaller driver that is also not a cheap one... Then you can remove the hard drive.
You can buy a new hard drive to test, or borrow one, perhaps.
I would get a new one from www.directron.com, www.zipzoomfly.com, www.newegg.com, www.frys.com, www.Outpost.com, www.PCMall.com, or other online computer seller.
I recommend the SATA drives from Directron where a 160 GB drive is now only $32.99 to $47.00 depending on what you purchase. The Seagate 160GB drive is only $39.99 plus shipping. Is that an investment you can cover in your budget.
When we hear more from you, we will discuss some ways you can test your system, once we know what it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-issue.131660/
Relevancy 66.65%

When i close the screen down the laptop use to go on standby which would start up instantly upon opening the screen.

Now if i just close the screen the laptop continues to run and drains the battery. Therefore now i have to shut the laptop down completely each time i pack he laptop up.

Can you recommend any fixes.

A:Acer Aspire S7 standby issue

Welcome to TSG SmartTech13. Hibernate, sleep (standyby provides a quicker start up) are all pretty much the same thing these days and those options will all use battery. These function is to mainly to save electricity which doesn't us as much battery but still uses battery.

With todays technology savings maybe $1.00 a month. My recommendation if you packing your laptop up for the day is to shutdown. If your going to use it again later the same day then check the Power Options settings in the Control Panel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-s7-standby-issue.1140366/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey v5 Acer Issue? WIfi Aspire I have A acer v touch which I only just purchase A few weeks ago For some reason every minutes the internet keeps dropping out When the system Carn't connect I can connect to the internet with my tablet just fine so I dont know if its the router My family has reportred that there having issues aswill but it seems to be at diffrent times So I carn't tell if its the computer or network dropping out I have read that acer has had previous wifi issues a few months ago This leaves me comfused and how to fix the problem Its A brand new machine so if it is Acer Aspire v5 WIfi Issue? the laptop why am I already facing issues with it Very frustrated and comfusing Heres the error http oi tinypic com mts lt jpg Could it be the computer or network Hope some users in the acer communnity and windows can help Thanks Spudster PS just from writting this thread I got the yellow trialnge in my wifi connection for secounds I don't want to have to send A brand new system I bought for in for warranty repairs

A:Acer Aspire v5 WIfi Issue?

From the screen shot it shows you are connected but are having a DNS problem. Preinstalled A/V software tends to cause this problem on a regular basis. It might be good to make sure you are using some valid DNS server IP's in your router like Google at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

Try removing or uninstalling any type of trial Anti Virus software which no doubt came preinstalled on your system. You will need to use the vendor specific uninstall tool for this.

It can also help to remove all preinstalled bloatware by using Decrapifier to show you what can be safely removed.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26096-acer-aspire-v5-wifi-issue.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought my acer aspire R14 a few days ago. My laptop anything work fine but there is a little issue on the touchscreen, the touchscreen works fine when I start to use but use it in a bit long time make the touchscreen stuck by pressing the screen. I need to turn on the touchscreen function F10+Fn or restart my laptop to continue using again my touchscreen.Could somebody tell my how to fix it?

A:The acer aspire R14 touchscreen issue

Try calibrating the touchscreen and see if it helps.Type calibrate in Windows search.Also try using it in a different area of the room and in another room.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/The-acer-aspire-R14-touchscreen-issue/td-p/418526/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all'

My pal tried to install Vista Ultimate on a Vista basic Laptop.
Now when you try to boot it up it will get to the windows progress
bar but will progress no further. I tried the alt f10 recovery partition but
it wont work saying noexecute=option.

The thing is he never made recovery disks when he first got it.
Is there a way to use pqservice hidden partition to recover back to
factory default.

I've put the harddrive into a caddy and used ptedit32 to enable the pqservive partition.
Any ideas would be most appreciated?

Acer aspire 7730
Vista home basic
2 Gig Ram
160 Gig hdd

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-recovery-issue.847175/
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought new laptop Acer Aspire E15 it's amazing performance but last from few days it's getting hang frequently, so i decided to upgrade the bios since i upgrade the bios i cant resest the bios can anyone tell me how to resest bios as it was before.

[edited to comply with guidelines]

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E15-bios-issue/td-p/446463
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an acer aspire z running windows and I m having keyboard issues The keys q w a s z x as well as the keys esc tab caps lock shift ctrl and alt do not work The only key on that side that seems to work is the windows key Also when the computer boots it s defaulting to num locks on I have did a clean install of the operating system on a separate partition to see if it was operating system related and it s not i flashed Issue Acer Aspire 4720z the BIOS and this did not help either Acer Aspire 4720z Issue so i replaced the keyboard it s self with a brand new one i ordered and still have the same issues Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Also my wireless nic toggle switch is not working correctly i have to push Acer Aspire 4720z Issue it several times in order Acer Aspire 4720z Issue for it to turn the nic on and the reason I m mentioning this is because both issues seemed to happen at the same time I also tried re-seating the ribbon cable for the hot keys control board and re-seating the nic it s self nothing has helped Thanks again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4720z-issue.1005438/
Relevancy 66.65%

I'm having some troubles with my brand new Acer Aspire 7730G (vista).

The touchpad doesn't work quite correctly. The right button is completely non-responsive. Also, a couple of times the touchpad itself was non-responsive to tapping. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, didn't help.

Uhhh, help me. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello. About two weeks ago I purchased an Acer Aspire R5-571TG laptop and while everything has been running great, the fan has been extremely active and loud.  Either idle, watching youtube videos or just working on Microsoft office, the fan will start running extremely loudly. I don't run any difficult programs and since it's a new laptop it's not loaded with anything at all, and I haven't downloaded any sort of program which messes with the OS. When I've checked the Processes, typically the CPU is in the normal percentile and the laptop itself doesn't feel extremely warm. I'm not sure if this is a technical problem or if I maybe have to disable a driver or something? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R5-571TG-Fan-Issue/td-p/465762
Relevancy 65.79%

Ok i noticed it at work and thought it was just our wireless router there, but my laptop couldnt detect any wifi connections, i was going to check the router but put it off since i'm the only one who uses it. but now am home and am having the same issue, it wont detect any networks, i reset my router, and made sure it was configured properly. it is as far as i can tell. when i click to change the button to change the order of prefered networks it took me to authentication tab of the properties. i ran the network setup wizard again, and now it doesnt even have the authentication tab... i dont know what else to check.. oh, and i also checked the bios to see if it had any wifi settings there. it doesnt seem to.

thanks in advance.

A:Acer Aspire 5670 WiFi Issue

If your lappy has a switch to turn on and off the wifi check that. If not, Are you running service pack 2 or 1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5670-wifi-issue.70419/
Relevancy 65.79%

I'm using a acer aspire one 110 netbook which origonaly had Linux on which I replaced for XP.

When I try to use 3dsMax with directX or old games such as Dungeon Siege 2 I get an error saying: Unable to enumerate any DirectDraw devices installed on this system. Note: this error can occur if another application has exclusive control over display for example, Net Meeting's desktop sharing feature, or hardware does not support 3d acceleraation or if your video driver does not propperly support DirectX 8.

I'm not aware of any Netmeeting program. I have directx 9 installed and have used both 3dsMax using directX and Dungeon Siege on this hardware before on Xp.
I Think the right driver software is installed but not completely sure.

Could anyone please direct me to the problem with means to fix it?

Thanks in advance =)

A:Solved: Acer Aspire One 110 Direct3D Issue

Found the right drivers so its working fine now

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-one-110-direct3d-issue.880130/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I have a question about the number of button combination pushed at the same time.I've problem in my favourite game with this, because it isn't workinglike on my old notebook. When I press and hold a certain number of buttons some of them doesn't work. So , it's possible to enable more working combination at the same time on my keyboard, or it's the issue of hardware restriction ? Thanks . 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-F5-573GH-keyboard-issue/td-p/460774
Relevancy 65.79%

I got back an Acer Aspire from a customer that is having charging issues There are times the it will charges others when it will not The DC plugin seems to be a bit odd with it hard to plug in unless you plug it in at just the right angle So I broke into the case thinking that the connection had broken off from the mobo Turns out this computer like some of the newer laptops Issue Aspire Acer Charging 5552 don t have their DC jacks connected directly to the Mobo So there goes my idea Only thing i can Acer Aspire 5552 Charging Issue come up with is buying a replacement on ebay for and trying that Just because I wanted to check all my bases I tested the DC jack power cable at the distal end from the plug the plug that connects to the mobo it tested at almost v Acer Aspire 5552 Charging Issue on my analog millimeter at v i m just going to assume its right couldn Acer Aspire 5552 Charging Issue t test the amps though I found that odd I couldn t test the power supply cable the plug it to small for my millimeter to get inside of it for a good reading Anyone had this problem Any ideas ThinkI m on the right track with replacing the DC plug nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased the recommended 8GB module from crucial to upgrade frm the 4GB module currently in my Acer Aspire XC-703G computer. After installing it in the main slot (without the other 4GB module) - the computer does nothing - not even a beep. I've tried both slots.I'm wondering if you can only use 2 x 4GB modules? Or maybe the ram is bad?This is what Crucial recommended:http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aspire-xc-703g/CT7296366Crucial so far has not been much help.Any help would be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire XC-703G - Memory Issue

Hello, Crucial made a mistake. Your laptop supports up to 8Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2x4Gb). Each slot supports 2 or 4Gb.From your Crucial webpage:memoryMaximum memory: 8GBSlots:2 (2 banks of 1)*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-XC-703G-Memory-Issue/td-p/438994
Relevancy 65.79%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 420 @ 1.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 3071 Mb
Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 0 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476935 MB, Free - 267574 MB; D: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 255821 MB; F: Total - 78520 MB, Free - 7835 MB; G: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 31766 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, F672CR
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

i cant seem to change my cpu from the above noted to a pentium 4 3.0ghz both lba775 pin

A:Acer aspire m1610 CPU CHANGE issue

Why? Does your board support it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-m1610-cpu-change-issue.1046781/
Relevancy 65.79%

So i flip the slider to turn on wifi and it says "NO WIRELESS DEVISE" but it should be built in...can anybody help?

A:Acer Aspire 5515 Wifi issue

I started your own thread for you here, as that post is not going to be of any help in the thread to which you posted.

If the wireless card is easily accessible through a small cover on the laptop bottom look to see if one is there and make sure it is secure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5515-wifi-issue.1145976/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there,

I have the same problem with an Acer Aspire 3690. I changed the Vista to XP, I added all the drivers, and everything seems working properly, but I can't use the bradcom BCM94311mcg wireless adapter because it can't switch the radio on. If I switch the wireless button I get the same message wrritten above.

to artie86: If you know more since then, please let us know!

Relevancy 65.79%

I am helping a friend with an Acer Aspire 4330. The problem is some of the keyboard keys produce multiple entries(of varying letter) when pressed. All hardware drivers are updated, however acer shows no keyboard drivers to update. A USB keyboard works fine when plugged in. My question is this: could this be a spyware related issue? I want to make sure before I tear this apart and try cleaning/replacing the keyboard.

A:Acer Aspire 4330 keyboard issue

No, it's not malware if an external keyboard works fine. The problem is with the physical keyboard. Before you start replacing parts, find out what happened to it. If someone spilled something on it, the keyboard might not be the only thing damaged. It looks like an old laptop. Not worth sticking much money into.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-4330-keyboard-issue.1050778/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello. My problem is that my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5738PZG, approx. 2 years old) freezes. It most commonly does so while watching Youtube videos, but also while listening to music on Spotify, talking on Skype, and using Utorrent. It freezes for maybe 1 minute, when it will just resume doing whatever it was doing. Sometimes it also bluescreens. It does not happen while playing games or while using VLC media player. Flash player is correctly installed. The problem started after I had my computer on service about two months ago, but I moved shortly after so I haven't had the chance to go back and make them take another look at it. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Acer Aspire 5738PZG freezing issue

Hi and welcome to TSF try reinstalling your sound and video drivers from the computer makers support site for your model and remove utorrent ( we don't help if it is a torrent issue)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5738pzg-freezing-issue-668170.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there I have an Acer Aspire Laptop Intel core duo CPU T GHz GB RAM I used to have another acer that overheated too but all I had to do was take off a panel on the back to access the fan with my current there s no access panel The intake for the fan is located right at the front of the laptop and Acer Overheating Aspire Issue Solved: the outlet is at the back I know I m going to have to disassemble the whole Solved: Acer Aspire Overheating Issue think to access Solved: Acer Aspire Overheating Issue the fan which is about years overdue Solved: Acer Aspire Overheating Issue to be cleaned lol I m just not sure how to get the thing opened up without damaging anything which brings me to ask does anyone have a guide preferably a video on how to open up the Acer gemstone case It has got to the point now that I cant even watch youtube vids without the darn thing shutting off on me I used to play on PKR com which is pretty graphics intensive but after a year or so of me having the comp it started shutting down due to overheating I ll never buy another Acer for as long as I live lol Appreciate any help and thanks to anyone who does nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hi to everyone on the forum, I hope someone can offer help.
I have installed Windows 7 Premium on my fathers Acer Aspire 7000 laptop, it had Vista Preium and I upgraded with no trouble.
However just noticed that his DVD/RW is not being recognised in Win7 it states code 48, windows stopped the software working.
I have tried to find other drivers etc with no luck. I downloaded the Aspire chipset from Acer and installed it by right clicking and doing it through compatability mode, but this did no good??
Any ideas to a solution please?
Mnay thanks

A:Acer Aspire 7000 DVD issue Windows 7

Problem solved... I had to edit the registry and rmove high and low filters, can't believe that Acer does not supply a Win7 driver for the DVD!!!
Anyway thanks to anyone who was searching in the background for an answer.
Cheers Tony

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7000-dvd-issue-windows-7-a-457248.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased the recommended 8GB module from crucial to upgrade frm the 4GB module currently in my Acer Aspire XC-703G computer. After installing it in the main slot (without the other 4GB module) - the computer does nothing - not even a beep. I've tried both slots.I'm wondering if you can only use 2 x 4GB modules? Or maybe the ram is bad?This is what Crucial recommended:http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aspire-xc-703g/CT7296366Crucial so far has not been much help.Any help would be appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire XC-703G - Memory Issue

Hello, Crucial made a mistake. Your laptop supports up to 8Gb - DDR3L - 1600MHz (2x4Gb). Each slot supports 2 or 4Gb.From your Crucial webpage:memoryMaximum memory: 8GBSlots:2 (2 banks of 1)*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-XC-703G-Memory-Issue/td-p/438994/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.79%

Someone asked me to install Windows XP on this Laptop for them. I never boote to Vista, and I doubt they use it before giving it to me.

So I install XP Professional and performed all the driver installs and updates all the way up to SP3. The laptop has an issue where the main speakers don't produce sound, just external speakers and headphones.

Someone even advised me to do a clean install and Leave it at SP2 , still the same issue.

Could this be speaker hardware failure? I didn't get any "error installing realtek" messages the whole time.

Another thing is, in the Device Manager -> System Devices , "system speaker" says no drivers are loaded for this device.

Any help, as always is much appreciated guys!

Relevancy 65.79%

My Acer Aspire z unable to connect wireless Wireless adapter is enable but still unable to connect wireless I have tried to re-install and download latest version of network devices but still unable to wireless 5738z Aspire issue Acer connect wireless Ipconfig all result Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users User gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name DESIGNFLAME-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Acer Aspire 5738z wireless issue Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F- -BC-CD- B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR B Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E- - -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description BM Win Network Adapter Physical Address -FF-F -D -AF-B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Acer Aspire 5738z wireless issue Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap C B E -FEB - A - D F-A F br Physical Address - - Acer Aspire 5738z wireless issue - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A- ABD- C-BE -FC C E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A- ABD- C-BE -FC C E br E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F D AFB - D - D - C -D E A br D F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users User gt nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I am new so i apologize if this is in ACER Issue OS 5516-5474 ASPIRE the wrong ACER ASPIRE 5516-5474 OS Issue section I have an Acer Aspire - quot Desktop Replacement Notebook quot Originally it had Windows Vista Home Basic OEMAct Acer Incorporated It has a Western Digital Scorpio Blue GB Sata HDD i put in it It originally had same kind of HDD just a You peoples are extremely intellegent At least I think so from what i read So here is my issue the laptop came at a very nice price no real ACER ASPIRE 5516-5474 OS Issue software issues except for my own personal software I added to it or tried to Vista just does not like alot of my games and software similar So I went to the Acer site and saw quot Windows XP Pro quot drivers Since I have an original disc from the same place i bought the I swiped the drive clean and started the attempt to install my XP I got to the part where i would press F to add any other drivers but my iastor sys file or whatever it is called keeps telling me that it is corrupted Now I have no clue where to get a copy that is not corrupted Since I cannot seem to locate where I got the first set of drivers on the acer website Yes I went to the process i did when i first got the drivers Those click menus that have the beyonce thing that goes quot to the left to the left quot as you make your choices if you send me an instant message i am online most of the time i just may be invisible Just let me know you are contacting me about this thread when you send an instant message Thank you all very much for your assistance amp time Have a very blessed - Wonder nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5516-5474-os-issue.971873/
Relevancy 65.79%

well got handed one today because the screen was broke so firstly tried linking it upto my tv done function keys nothing coming up looked at the screen properly and it has a black stripe across the bottom of it so im presuming the screen is knackered so i put the hdd in another laptop noticed the hdd had bsod so formatted it and had it working on my laptop threw it back in the other laptop plugged it back in linked up to tv done function keys still not showing up on the tv it powers on ok and just incase it was at Aspire Issue 5536 Strange Acer the not shut down properly screen i hit enter to start it still nothing coming up Im presuming it is the screen with it Strange Issue Acer Aspire 5536 having the black stripe across the bottom of it but i just cant get it on the external monitor at all anyone have any ideas on what could be the problem the hard drive is fine now so im all out of ideas nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

I m trying to reinstall XP Media Center and on Aspire Acer issue Install 3000 XP pro more on that later onto my brother Install issue on Acer Aspire 3000 s Acer Aspire I m able to get through the Media Center install but when I boot up the desktop loads but I am unable to do anything The computer doesn t respond to any keyboard input or touchpad input It acts like frozen but it s definitely not because the clock changes The drivers must be loading because I could use the touch pad during the install Anyway I reboot into safe mode and everything seems fine If I could figure out what s going on that would be fine if not my next paragraph is really my ideal situation When I try to install XP Pro I start the install and then when it says quot Setup is starting Windows quot down in the left corner it BSOD s The only thing not stock is the RAM and I ve switched all that to see if it made a difference and it didn t My next course is pulling the HD and trying to load Windows on another computer Any suggestions ideas etc Let me know if you need any more Install issue on Acer Aspire 3000 info Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-issue-on-acer-aspire-3000.698700/
Relevancy 65.79%

So I recently got handed down my dads old laptop as he got a new one Ive been doing recording through a mixer with fruityloops Sound recording was fine for the first while or i didnt notice anything Then i started to notice that in the recordings some parts lagged slightly Later while i had my speakers on very high i noticed something very odd I had no programs running Issue Aspire Sound Acer 5000 yet my laptop was giving off a heartbeat Every few second it would go buthump i dont know why Then in fruityloops i looked at the monitor on the mixer When i had sound input every few seconds it would max out the monitor this being the buthump Im assuming that this maxing out of the monitor was causing the sound lags in the recordings I would really like to know what this noise Acer Aspire 5000 Sound Issue is and how to get rid of it Whether it will be as simple as wiping the computer or whether i should invest in a new one It might also help to know that i blew the speakers on the laptop listening to a very bassey track at a very high volume and ive been using portable speakers instead im not sure if the bathump was there before i blew the speakers if it was i didnt notice it Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Acer Aspire notebook -Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K RA -ACPI Uniprocessor PC -SiS M GX video card -AMD Turion Mobile Technology ML- -Realtek AC Audio thats just copied from the hardware profile thing in my computer im a noob i dont know much else nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5000-sound-issue.670515/
Relevancy 65.36%

I installed win 7 on my acer netbook from xp and the wireless card seemed to be working throughout the setup. However, it stopped working after a few minutes and I can't even seem to find the wireless card in the driver manager to update driver. I downloaded the driver from acer and installed but no luck. Any help?

Tom

A:Wireless issue installing on Acer Aspire One Netbook

In device manager do you have any unknown devices? Or yellow triangles on devces?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/38358-wireless-issue-installing-acer-aspire-one-netbook.html
Relevancy 65.36%

A very good day to you All Acer Aspire ZC-105 19.5" Non Touch AMD-E1-25004GB 500GB DVDRW Windows 8.1 All In One I have taken Microsoft?s Windows 10 update (I did inquire about this with Acer in February 2015 with no reply). There is an issue with making a Restart you can see videos of this on my Microsoft One Drive account. I checked the Acer info and the first thing found is that this model is not listed as compatible for the Windows 10 upgrade (they haven't produced and test drivers for the computer). Which potentially means I need to put up with the issue until Acer produces the drivers; if that is the issue?  Wondering if this is a BIOS issue; I am sure this is not an isolated case. I need professional help here; thank you in advance for your kind support, Michael. 

A:Restart issue Windows 10 update to Acer Aspire ZC-...

it's better if you set to public the video, without the need to login to a microsoft account.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Restart-issue-Windows-10-update-to-Acer-Aspire-ZC-105/td-p/407164/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,I require some help / advice to help solve my issue.My issue is that my mouse is not working like "normal" e.g. the cursor moves normally But! When i go to select something the cursor won't always respond with something I select. E.g when i left click on a site or attempt to close something the cursor wont always select them. There have been times where i couldnt click at all for 10 minutes but could still move the mouse cursor. So I was using the keyboard to navigate around 80% of the time.Need laptop up and running ASAP.PLEASE HELP!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-Mouse-selecting-issue-desktop-issues/td-p/447298
Relevancy 65.36%

Laptop is an Acer Aspire z with Windows Vista Home Laptop Synaptics Aspire Acer Touchpad Issue Premium -bit fully updated to current I installed an update to Avast's engine and Acer Aspire Laptop Synaptics Touchpad Issue after rebooting when I got to the Windows logon screen both the mouse buttons on both the built-in Synaptics touchpad and an external USB mouse will only select an item but nothing else happens In other words if I click on a user account it selects it but it doesn't allow me to enter a password Likewise if I click on the shutdown icon at the lower right of the screen it just selects it but nothing else happens But I found that if I hit the tab key and then the enter key to select something on this screen then the left mouse button starts working again on the touchpad and the USB mouse When I get into windows the left mouse button on both the built-in touchpad and the external mouse continue to work but the right mouse button on the built-in touchpad doesn't work However the right mouse button on the USB mouse works I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this - uninstalled Avast I'm now using MSE as the anti-virus on this machine - uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for both mouse devices multiple times using different versions for the touchpad one set of drivers from Acer another set from Synaptics - uninstalled the Synaptics device from device manager and let windows reinstall it upon reboot - updated the drivers within device manager it didn't find any that were more current - restored the system back to a system restore point before this started happening - dinked around with all the settings available for mouse - tried toggling FN F the Acer key to turn on off the touchpad functions - tried SAFE mode - same behavior - tried SAFE boot with nearly all services disabled I'm beginning to think this might not have anything to do with drivers since neither mouse device works correctly at the Windows login screen until I hit TAB and then ENTER I think the internals of Vista may be hosed somewhere Acer said that I should do a wipe and reset back to factory state I'd sure like to avoid this Any thoughts Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/295969-acer-aspire-laptop-synaptics-touchpad-issue.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I bought my Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition 6 month ago. Today my touchpad stopped working.The cursor disappeared, and no click or touch gestures on the touchpad would work. I tried reboot, still not working.Then I tried re-installing the drivers from the Acer Support website (TouchPad_Synaptics_18.1.22.2_W81x64) and rebooted.Still not working and now the touchpad is gone from the Windows device manager. At least USB mouse is working, but I'm working a lot with the touchpad so I really don't want to live without it. Any ideas how this can be fixed? Thanks a lot!

A:Touchpad issue with Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black E...

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. This is amazing to spend 1000? for a laptop with an horrible touchpad.  ACER, FIND A SOLUTION !

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-issue-with-Acer-Aspire-V-15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Aspire/td-p/360588/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello......
My Nephews laptops battery ran low and required charging. When the charger is plugged into the laptop the orange 'charging' light illuminates for approximately 6 seconds then, goes out for a further 6. This repeats continuously whilst the battery remains flat and the machine will not power up.
I have checked the output from the charger which is constant although I have no means, at present , of ascertaining the actual output values.
If there is anyone with any hints or clues I should be most grateful' Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire 5552 charging/battery issue

So the laptop will not turn on at all? Does it act the same if you remove the battery? If not the the adapter may be faulty, the DC jack in the laptop may have broken, or there's a motherboard failure in the laptop.

Testing with a known good and compatible power adapter would be the next step.

How old is the laptop, is it still under warranty?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-charging-battery-issue.1051318/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have acer aspire 4730z laptop with 14 inch LCD dsiplay due to some issue at my acer LCD screen.i have replace LCD screen with brand name LG digital display LCD 14" display screen now i m unable to adjust laptop brightness. if i try Fn+ up/down key brightness of laptop screen show very high brightness on screen or very low dime light brigtness due to this i am unable to read anything on screen. 1.How to resolve this dsiplay brightness issue ?2.which display drive i need to update ? OS Window 7 64 bitAcer Aspire 473z laptop LCD 14"

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-4730z-display-screen-issue/td-p/464243
Relevancy 65.36%

-Please help me to resolve the following issue with my ACER ASPIRE V5-471PWhenver I installs Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 3000) Driver, It look likes the following picture, I am very upset... Regards,Munir

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-471P-Graphics-Display-Issue/td-p/437740/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

My Acer Aspire had been running well for the past years or so without any issues when all of a sudden I encountered an issue when I tried booting it up today A couple of days ago Windows Update did its usual thing and installed some updates before the computer shut down Whenever it's doing an update I always make sure the charger is plugged in just so that the power supply doesn't cut out the - Acer not... 5742 Update Windows Issue with Aspire 7 battery doesn't run out which may cause issues with the update The laptop shut down as normal nbsp Upon startup a message appears saying Failure configuring Windows Update Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer I have left it running for at least hours in the hope that it will revert but nothing seems to have happened I have given up and also tried booting in safe mode but to no avail nbsp Any ideas on what to do I have done some light research into it on the web but none of the solutions seem to match nbsp Also whilst I am asking this question if I were to completely reformat the laptop in order to get rid of this issue how would I go about getting the OEM locked key for the Windows as it came pre-installed I currently have no way to access the Acer Recovery Acer Aspire 5742 - Issue with Windows 7 Update not... part on the laptop so a complete reformat seems like Acer Aspire 5742 - Issue with Windows 7 Update not... the easiest thing to do as I have nothing I want to keep on the harddrive

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-7/Acer-Aspire-5742-Issue-with-Windows-7-Update-not-allowing/td-p/462127
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all, I am unable to turn off the adaptive brightness on my laptop. So far I've tried the following: Change the power plan to "high performance"Adjust the advanced power settings so that the Windows "adaptive brightness" to be turned off both for battery and ACChanged the settings of the Intel Graphics drivers and set them to maximum performanceNone of the above actually changed anything. I cannot belive that this cannot be turned off and it is such annoying feature that would surely make me sell the **bleep** thing! Please advise! 

A:Acer Aspire E5-771G Adaptive Brightness Issue

Do you have Acer quick settings installed? Press the Windows () key to access the Start screen.Type Acer Quick Access.Tap on Acer Quick Access.Tap the Adaptive brightness slider to it OFF. Disabling Adaptive brightness can reduce battery life.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-771G-Adaptive-Brightness-Issue/td-p/411463/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, I bought my Aspire V 15 Nitro Black Edition 6 month ago. Today my touchpad stopped working.The cursor disappeared, and no click or touch gestures on the touchpad would work. I tried reboot, still not working.Then I tried re-installing the drivers from the Acer Support website (TouchPad_Synaptics_18.1.22.2_W81x64) and rebooted.Still not working and now the touchpad is gone from the Windows device manager. At least USB mouse is working, but I'm working a lot with the touchpad so I really don't want to live without it. Any ideas how this can be fixed? Thanks a lot!

A:Touchpad issue with Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro Black E...

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. This is amazing to spend 1000? for a laptop with an horrible touchpad.  ACER, FIND A SOLUTION !

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Touchpad-issue-with-Acer-Aspire-V-15-Nitro-Black-Edition-Aspire/td-p/360588
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Everyone I recently downloaded a ISO image of Vista SP - bit from a member here in the forums The computer I'm typing this message on is the one I put in the Thread Question Title box I couldn't get the file to download correctly so I downloaded it on my newer computer that's running Windows I burnt the ISO file to a blank DVD disc I tried out the disc in the computer I created it on The disc was read correctly and the prompt appeared on my screen asking me if I wanted to boot from the disc of course I didn't so I ignored it and just let windows boot normally I tried the same disc in my older acer computer and the light on the disc drive blinked off and on but I never received the screen prompt to boot Drive ACER 5100-3357 Aspire Issue CD/DVD from cd Then the light went off and windows vista just booted up normally I went into windows explorer and my cd dvd drive is listed there but evidently it's now defective I inserted a ACER Aspire 5100-3357 CD/DVD Drive Issue store purchased original music cd and thought it would start playing automatically but it didn't the drive indicator light blinked off and on like it did previously when I had inserted the iso file disc I had created on my other computer So I've ordered a replacement drive for my laptop as I'm rather old fashioned I don't like to give up on something I would rather try and get it fixed David

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304554-acer-aspire-5100-3357-cd-dvd-drive-issue.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone I m wondering if I can get some help I ve got a few issues aspire 1691 issue display/monitor Acer with my laptop Main one is that the laptop monitor didn t work Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue so I had to connect through the VGA to my telly but recently it s been temperamental when I start up it shows the acer main screen then the windows logo Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue then when the computer logs into windows the telly goes onto stand by Now I was restarting a few times in safe and vga modes and it comes on the telly ok but any adjustment on the properties and it again goes into stand by However I caught sight of the laptop in a different angle light and noticed that the screen on the laptop actually does work well kind of it s really really Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue dark and I can make out some menus and icons depending on which angle I move it to My questions are I ve tried adjusting the brightness with the fn buttons and in the monitor part of the display settings but unfortunately I can t get it any lighter is there somewhere else I can adjust brightness to bring the screen back to normal It feels like I m viewing it through dark sun glasses when I can see it or that the screen has a really dark tint to it Would a fresh installation of xp revive my laptop or would it make no difference Obviously if there is a way to get the monitor on the laptop working again then this question isn t needed but does anyone know what I m doing wrong when trying to hook the laptop to the telly via the vga cable and after the acer amp windows menu it goes into stand by I know it s an old machine and I m probably wasting my time trying to fix the problems but it s a handy thing to have for my uni work and also since I started hooking it up to the telly playing video s through my telly Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue

If you can still make out the desktop, then it sounds like the backlight has failed. So a hardware replacement is in order.

As for the issue with the TV, it could simply be a resolution issue. Ensure you are using a resolution and refresh rate that the TV accepts. TV's with VGA input, often have very limited acceptable resolutions. Check the User Manual.

A better test, would be to simply connect the laptop to a true computer monitor and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-1691-display-monitor-issue.998843/
Relevancy 65.36%

Have an Acer Aspire laptop with Vista Home Basic that crashed and will not boot to the OS I at first suspected a failing HDD so I swapped it out and tried to install the OS on another drive This did not resolve the issue and couldn t get the OS installed on a known good drive either The OS installation will run all the way to the point where the PC shuts down after loading all the installation files and then will 3680 Acer installation Aspire OS issue... Baffled!! not finish the installation It comes back up to the screen where it says windows could not start successfully yada yada yada Was periodically getting a BSOD when it attempted to boot said something about a verification issue Sorry I can t be any more specific than that never could catch exactly what it said Did some research and came across a few posts that indicated it may be a RAM issue so I ran a memtest and it looked ok Just to Acer Aspire 3680 OS installation issue... Baffled!! be sure I took out one of the RAM modules and Acer Aspire 3680 OS installation issue... Baffled!! attempted to install the OS again then repeated this process with the other RAM module still to no avail Then repeated this process with the original HDD and still nothing I m a little lost with this one Have tried HDD s swapped out RAM ran system repairs from the OS installation disk and tried to install different OS s in a number of combinations and still can t get this thing running Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3680-os-installation-issue-baffled.1002787/
Relevancy 65.36%

My year old acer aspire 1410 has about 1/4 of the screen on the far left covered in several different colors of stripes. The stripes do not apper in screen shots and have no effect on the computers perfomance. The area in the bottom left corner of screen gets very hot and I can tamper with the color of the stripes by pushing on the hot area. I cant figure it out and would like to know if this is something that I can fix at home or I need to spend money to get some one to fix it.
Any ideas?

A:Acer Aspire 1410 external screen issue

Yes the LCD panel is damaged and it will need to be replaced. The panel would be around $130 plus labor to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-1410-external-screen-issue.169210/
Relevancy 65.36%

hi,When I go to format my Acer it gets to the Windows 8.1 section where you select the hard drive to install Windows on before clicking next, also has the option to format and I think make a partition but there is no hard drive showing up in that box so I can't continue from there, it's the part after selecting language and clicking install.Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can I get my hard drive to appear in the box?Is there anything in the bios settings that can make my hard drive appear in the box?Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122p-Windows-install-issue/td-p/439822
Relevancy 65.36%

hi,When I go to format my Acer it gets to the Windows 8.1 section where you select the hard drive to install Windows on before clicking next, also has the option to format and I think make a partition but there is no hard drive showing up in that box so I can't continue from there, it's the part after selecting language and clicking install.Has anyone else had this problem? If so how can I get my hard drive to appear in the box?Is there anything in the bios settings that can make my hard drive appear in the box?Thank you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-V5-122p-Windows-install-issue/td-p/439822/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello So I have an issue with the dreadful Blue Screen Of Death on my wonderful laptop and would very much like some help with fixing it or at least finding the root of my problem I am pretty much willing to do anything to save my laptop save spending enough money to get a new one The problem is this happened twice once on I believe Saturday April nd and then again on Monday Basically my laptop randomly got very laggy and began to take forever to do anything that normally it does instantly like scrolling up and down on the Facebook home page Next thing I knew I saw a Physical Memory dump screen which I later learned is indeed the dreaded BSOD As of now it's fine and it has Aspire Issue with 7535-5415 Acer BSOD no issues but I'm very concerned I'm scared that if I start up anything more complicated than a few tabs on Google Chrome my laptop will kill itself So here are the specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card BSOD Issue with Acer Aspire 7535-5415 ATI Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB BSOD Issue with Acer Aspire 7535-5415 Free BSOD Issue with Acer Aspire 7535-5415 - MB Motherboard Acer JM PU Rev LXPCF F Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled And questions I could answer What was original installed OS on system Yes as far as I know Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was included in the purchase I am not sure if it was pre-installed or if the retailer installed it specifically for this laptop Age of system hardware About a year and a half I got in it December Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Nope My laptop is an Acer Aspire - I appreciate any help thank you

A:BSOD Issue with Acer Aspire 7535-5415

Hi -

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 - http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#sptd.sys

Remove old version NIS/N360 - NIS/ N360 Removal - sysnative.com - MVP

Dumps show -

Code:
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
Run chkdsk /r
Run HDD Diagnostics - http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Wed Apr 6 19:40:56.153 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 1 days 6:00:48.728
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+34c0e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7a_c0000185_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+34c0e
Bugcheck code 0000007A
Arguments fffff6fc`40013928 ffffffff`c0000185 00000000`b1c7dbe0 fffff880`02725000

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Sun Apr 3 17:30:17.051 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 6 days 7:16:51.626
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!GdiThreadCallout+145 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7a_c0000185_win32k!GdiThreadCallout+145
Bugcheck code 0000007A
Arguments fffff6fc`8061f808 ffffffff`c0000185 00000000`a13bd880 fffff900`c3f01020

BiosVersion = V2.02
BiosReleaseDate = 08/12/2009
SystemManufacturer = Acer
SystemProductName = Aspire 7535
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.sysnative.com

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-issue-with-acer-aspire-7535-5415-a-564764.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I Aspire driver resolve my Acer on How my I issue 5050? display do with recently had my Acer Aspire laptop which used to run on Vista updated to Windows How do I resolve my issue with display driver on my Acer Aspire 5050? I noticed right away that the display resolution looked compressed or 'squashed' and stretched Went to adjust the resolution but there are only two options x what I understand to be the computer's native resolution it is a quot screen or x The only display option is 'Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' So I went to the Acer website to look at drivers but there are no driver options for Windows for my Acer model only Vista or XP I downloaded the VGA ATI driver that was there for vista and tried opening it in compatibility mode to no avail I also tried Compute gt System Properties gt Devise Manager gt Display Adapters gt Standard VGA Graphics Adapter gt Driver gt Update Driver which did nothing Finally I went to try a 'regedit' hack Increase your screen resolution with this Windows hack My Asus Eee PC which also did not work Anyone out there have any suggestions or can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'm new to this so maybe it's more obvious than I think Thanks Also everything else on Win OS seems to be working fine as far as programs audio etc As far as I can tell right now just the display is wrong

A:How do I resolve my issue with display driver on my Acer Aspire 5050?

Welcome to the forum

I think there is no update for your VGA driver but to be more sure you can download windows upgrade advisor to see what is applicable to your OS:

Download: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228249-how-do-i-resolve-my-issue-display-driver-my-acer-aspire-5050-a.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have had my laptop for nearly years and the last few months it seems to have slowly deteriorated however with my basic computer skills and persistance I have always managed to fix the problem This time though I am at a wits end and I cannot see how I will be able to fix the problem Basically I have a virus which has seemingly changed my anti-virus settings to quot Custom quot which when I try to change there is no response 5738Z virus issue Acer Vista Windows with Serious Aspire Owning an Acer laptop I have the Acer eRecovery Management software on it and have gotten to the stage where I am completely willing to restore it to Factory Settings because I see no other Serious virus issue with Windows Vista Acer Aspire 5738Z option However when I ask it to restore my computer to complete factory settings it simply restarts itself and loads up Windows again The Internet no longer works on any browser and most things I try an open come up with some sort of system error If I were to purchase a Windows restore disk would this fix Serious virus issue with Windows Vista Acer Aspire 5738Z the problem or would the same sort of Serious virus issue with Windows Vista Acer Aspire 5738Z things happen Any help would be much appreciated

A:Serious virus issue with Windows Vista Acer Aspire 5738Z

Hello and Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post the logs in your next reply for my review. It's the only way I can suggest sound advice.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.
===

Before you run any of the programs suggested on the FAQ download and run this tool first.

Please download and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
There are 3 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.

rkill.exe
rkill.com
rkill.scr

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested on another computer and then transfer them to the desktop of the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.

Post the logs that you were able to save.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/serious-virus-issue-with-windows-vista-acer-aspire-5738z-576525.html
Relevancy 64.07%

UK Desktop PC UserAcer Aspire Ax Small form Windows Home v os build Intel i CPU GHz GB RAM nbsp Hi all nbsp I am not really a computer person so I am trying to keep a log of what I am doing and maybe someone can point push me in the right direction nbsp Since the upgrade from Win I ve had the same issue of the PC seemingly booting up of its own accord It didn t always happen which is why I have never been able to tell if it does it straight after I have intended to do a shut down or if it is booting up randomly in the middle of the night issue, Boot Aspire form) f... (Small Fast Acer Ax3900 nbsp I ve sourced a couple of solutions to this problem which have only temporarily solved the problem Somehow the fixes I am trying from my research on the net keep being undone nbsp It seems to me that when Windows automatically updates it negates my fix and the problem returns My initial research suggested that the issue was with the ethernet connection power management I have been unchecking Allow this device to wake the computer nbsp nbsp On this point Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer always remains checked If I uncheck Acer Aspire Ax3900 (Small form) Fast Boot issue, f... it close the dialog box and reopen it is checked again I am Acer Aspire Ax3900 (Small form) Fast Boot issue, f... curious if this might be the cause although not optimistic nbsp The other solution I found was to enter BIOS and disable fast boot This having been done I checked in Power Options and Fast Boot was still checked there I know have unchecked this before in Power Options I went to Change settings that are currently unavailable and unchecked turn on fast start up AGAIN and saved changes nbsp I have done both of these but with automatic updates enabled the problem always returns nbsp nbsp I have now disabled automatic updates in services I m hoping this will work in the meantime but it doesn t seem like a long term fix as I get that updates are beneficial at least some times nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions as I don t feel my PC is relaible anymore I quite like Win so would like to find a proper solution nbsp Many thanks for any replies

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-Ax3900-Small-form-Fast-Boot-issue-fixes-negated-by/td-p/461624
Relevancy 64.07%

I have got same problem, Left hinge is not working. Cover split near left hinge. I am in whitefield, Bangalore and clueless what should I do. I bought ACER ASPIRE V5-471P 6467 2.5 years back. I was happy except space bar in keyborad. I found many-many people have similar left hinge issue. Can Acer will help fix this problem in Bangalore , India? Will Acer fix this for me same day without any cost?

A:ACER ASPIRE V5-471P 6467 left hinge broken issue

Is it possible, there might be any screw which might have falled down?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-V5-471P-6467-left-hinge-broken-issue/td-p/431859/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

I m posting a solution to an issue that took me almost four days to resolve In the Aspire One WinXP ACER to issue Solved: AHCI Home Pro Netbook end the issue cause appears to be a bad downloaded file from the manufacutre site Note I am a huge believer in this Solved: ACER Aspire One Netbook WinXP Home to Pro AHCI issue support site and use it to provide solutions to common or uncommon issues that we all face If you find this thread useful then use this forum to quot post solutions quot in additions to your support requests Issue amp SATA AHCI Controller amp Storage Device Files not being presented only amp SATA RAID Controller amp Files when installing WinXP Pro from CD pressing F to install additional Drivers Requirement Install WinXP Pro on an Acer Aspire One AOD previously loaded Solved: ACER Aspire One Netbook WinXP Home to Pro AHCI issue with factory WinXP Home Steps to Recreate Problem Equipment Accessories i External USB DVD CD Drive used for MS WinXP Install CD ii External USB Floppy Drive used for Additional Storage Driver from ACER Set Ensure Bios SATA amp set to AHCI Set to Boot from USB DVD CD Drive Need the AHCI driver for the Acer Aspire AOD Download SATA AHCI Storage Driver from the Acer ca site Use Netbook Aspire One Product Model AOD - Set Operating System to WinXP Professional - Find SATA Driver and download File Downloaded ZIP File - SATA Intel v XPx XPx A zip File Extracts File Folder - IMSM Intel v XP File Required Folder - f flpy Folder f flpy Contents iaahci cat iaAHCI inf iastor cat iaStor inf iaStor sys license txt TXTSETUP OEM Copy contents of f flpy to Floppy disk Insert Floppy disk into USB Floppy drive Insert WinXP Pro Install CD into USB DVD Drive Choose Boot from CD Press F to install addition drivers Windows Setup displays amp None amp No Storage Device Found - Press S for additional Drivers - A list Storage Devices proposed - Choose - Other on manufacture floppy - Proposes amp A amp Drive files from Floppy Note all RAID Controllers amp no AHCI Controllers quot Intel R ESB SATA RAID Controller quot quot Intel R ICH R DH SATA RAID Controller quot quot Intel R ICH MDH SATA RAID Controller quot quot Intel R ICH R ICH R ICH R SATA RAID Controller quot quot Intel R ICH M-E ICH M-E SATA RAID Controller quot Naive Assumption is made that these are amp Combo amp storage drivers and include the AHCI and choosing the correct one will allow me to continue NOT TRUE Selecting one of the drivers and continuing the install gives a message again that amp No Storage HDD device is detected amp and a chance to amp S amp select another driver Result of trial error selection is Blue Screen amp Stop amp error display x CE file iaSTOR sys Message Driver Unloaded without cancelling pending operation NOTE THIS IS AN INDICATION THAT THE WRONG CONTROLLER IS BEING SELECTED Work Around - Solution What is happening is that the quot SATA AHCI quot files are not showing only the SATA RAID Controllers The issue appears that the TXTSETP OEM file is not proposing the iaACHI inf files for selections correctly In my case I only needed the quot Sata AHCI Controller quot iaAHCI ICH MMDH driver The TXTSETUP OEM file was edited to comment out with a sign the drivers I do not need for my Netbook I only needed the iaAHCI ICH MMDH driver See attached Edited TXTSETP OEM Note No Information was removed or altered only comment amp amp added to file When I commented out the non required SATA AHCI Controller and the SATA amp Raid Controllers amp and reinstalled WinXP Professional Using F again the only Controller that appeared proposed was Intel R ICH M MDH SATA AHCI Controller This time the only driver proposed was the right one Intel R ICH M MDH SATA AHCI Controller Continuing with the install resulted in a SUCCESSFUL install of WinXP Result Action Required Actual problem appears to be an incorrect TXTSETP OEM file Requires follow-up with ACER Text file Copyright c - Intel Corporation Filename TXTSETUP OEM Disks disk quot Intel Matrix Storag... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-one-netbook-winxp-home-to-pro-ahci-issue.867720/
Relevancy 60.63%

It has worked since I bought it around 6 weeks ago but for the last week or so the connection has failed randomly. Yesterday it stopped working totally. The windows diagnostic report says that Windows could not detect a properly installed network adaptor- and to re-install the driver.How do I do this?Thanks

A:Acer Aspire Acer Aspire Switch 10 will not connec...

Hi Mills,1. Get to Device Manager(Hold Windows Key & then tap letter "X")2. Under device manager check if you find any other Devices or unknown devices,. if yes you may need another computer to download the files from acersupport.com3. If Not expand network adapters, check if you see the Wireless adapter, Right click uninstall & restart the unit.4. If the Device is not detected underOthers / Unknown devices / network adapter, please contact Acer as it is a suspected Hardware Failure.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-Acer-Aspire-Switch-10-will-not-connect-to-wireless/td-p/344379/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

What is the difference between these 2 Notebooks??? Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HAhttp://www.amazon.com/Acer-R3-131T-P7HA-Signature-Edition-Windows/dp/B014LGK1P2 Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P344http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-P344-11-6-inch-Notebook/dp/B012IBOCR0 The specs seem the same. Only difference I can tell is about $50 on amazon. Thanks.

A:Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T-P7HA vs. Acer Aspire R 11...

Well the P344 is blue. I have one that is hotrodded a bit (8GB, Samsung EVO SSD) - original 500GB is now in a USB 3.0 external - and I consider it the best of all my portable devices

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P7HA-vs-Acer-Aspire-R-11-R3-131T-P344/td-p/417230/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

hi there everyone,
can anyone help,
Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180
i have these two computers and would like to know witch one i should upgrade,
wich one is the better computer- (
and when decided
what should i upgrade
and what are the best parts to use,
or the best way to do it,
and how do i know what parts are compatible
im not looking to spend a fortune,
but i dont mind spending a bit, as long as its worth it,
kind regards
edward

A:can anyone help, Acer aspire m1610 or acer aspire t180

First, each model has multiple hardware specifications. So I have no way of knowing the hardware configurations of either unit that you have.

Second, upgrades are limited on OEM PC's. Your only options will be RAM and the video card. And in the case of the video card, the power supply may not be able to handle a decent card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-anyone-help-acer-aspire-m1610-or-acer-aspire-t180.1021214/
Relevancy 60.63%

hi all I have 2 acre aspire laptops one is a acer aspire 5552 and the second one is 5551-a both of them has the black screen of death I have tried a external monitor tried new ram striped Botham down and reconnected everything back to the boards also have removed the battery and held the power button for 1 min + reconnected the battery and power cable with no success any help would be great .
many thanks
Gary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-and-acer-aspire-5551-a.1165973/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have rcently bought a - nbsp yoga- - isk GB Ram and Ghz processor Running windows Pro Edition nbsp Bit operating system nbsp The CPU speed is stuck between and Ghz - the unit is so slow it is unuseable nbsp The BIOS is up to date according to the lasest BIOS I updated 900: speed Speed clock stuck at CPU Yoga low at Lenovo - c cn ww exe and I have turned off all the power management I have run a hardware scan and all that is good too The unit is not running hot or overheating nbsp There seems to be lots of comments on the forums and net in general about people having this same issue with the Lenovo Yogas - what else can I try before this brand new laptop gets sent back for a refund nbsp Any ideas would be appreciated Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed I'm a develop working in Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed nbsp large microsoft environment running visual studio Enterprise and SQL server and am the person Yoga 900: CPU Speed stuck at low clock speed in this office having the problem nbsp Lots of other developers running Lenovo Thinkpads without an issue - it is just this brand new Yoga that is having the problems nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-CPU-Speed-stuck-at-low-clock-speed/td-p/3438634
Relevancy 59.34%

I bought a toshiba satellite m -s on April It has an intel pro wireless bg adapter - driver v I have it connected a netgear wgr v router it has a problem maintaining a constant speed I watched the network monitor on the notebook and it always shows a quot connection excellent quot however the speed is not constant - it will vary from - issue pro intel wireless speed connection 2200bg wireless mbsp to wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg mbsp - but seldom does it maintain the mbsp on I sent the machine to toshiba - they replaced the network adapter - or so they said and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled the original software I rec d the machine back and find that the problem has not changed - it still will not maintain a steady speed so viewing files on other pcs on the lan takes forever and page loads on the net can also occupy too much time I have an older toshiba satellite with a netgear wireless wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg wg t adapter I have watched the monitor on that one and it will show connection excellent and maintains a steady speed of mbsp these two machines can be sitting side by side or in separate rooms and still the old one will maintain it s connection and speed but the new will not maintain the speed I called toshiba up again and they want to say it s my router I explained to them that another toshiba on the same network does not faulter -- so how can it be the router they didn t want to but they are quot granting quot me service to send the machine back to them again I haven t done that yet as I thought I would see if there was some real help elsewhere -- like perhaps here just to be on the CYA side I updated the firmware on the netgear router - the problem remained also after reading several wireless issues on this board and learning how to do pings and such I did wireless connection speed issue - intel pro wireless 2200bg run the DrTCP and changed the mtu to dsl modem netopia caymen series router netgear v windows xp home - on all computers anyone have any idea why the new toshiba will not maintain a speed on the same router as the old toshiba that continues to work and maintain a speed I would prefer to resolve this issue without having to send it off to toshiba again as I m not convinced they actually checked the problem before swapping parts and reformatting nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

I have just purchased two mother boards and processors and need some help on figuring out how to set up the clock speed and FSB speed on them so they will run properly with the processors I have installed on them.

1st Motherboard & Processor

Motherboard: Giga-byte GA-7VAXP
Processor: AMD 2400+
RAM: 512 Mbytes PC2700 (333Mhz)
Clock speed options: Auto(default), 5x, 5.5x, 6x...12x, >=12.5x
FSB speed options: 100Mhz, 133Mhz, 166Mhz

2nd Motherboard & Processor

Motherboard: Giga-byte GA-7DXE Version 2.0
Processor: AMD 1600+
RAM: 128 Mbytes PC2100 (266Mhz)
Clock speed options: none
FSB speed options: 100Mhz, 133Mhz

Can somebody tell me where I should put the initial settings for these so they work with the processors. I would hate to leave them at their default settings to find out I am losing speed because it was not set properly. Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a HIS ATI Radeon HD 4870x2 Graphics card
I am getting very poor gpu clock and memory speeds on both cores of my graphics card.

Both cores are running at
GPU Clock 507MHz
Memory 500MHz
at both 3D and 2D mode, using GPU-Z 0.3.0.0 and ati 8.12 catalyst control center
I know that in 3D mode it should be at 750MHZ and 900MHz and 2D at 507MHz and 500MHz(2gpu).
I have un-installed and re-installed the 8.12ccc
with no change at all, also using driver cleaner(in safe mode) when un-installing.
I get no arifacts as I use ExpertTool V4.0, enable fan contol for cooling while playing games.
Its just the card will not run at its full potentuall or how it should. Can you please help!!!

A:Issue with gpu clock and memory clock

That is strange..??

what happens when you set it to the default values..?? will the settings stick..??

not sure about ATI but i know the new nvidia cards have a power saving feature which drops the clocks when idle, kind of like Intel SpeedStep..

here's where my card clocks currently sit while its idle..
you can see they are far below stock clocks, maybe ATI have a similar feature in they're newer drivers..... have you checked to see if the clocks jump up when you stress the card.??

SK

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/201305-issue-gpu-clock-memory-clock.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello my new Acer Aspire Notebook has my IE homepage stuck to global acer com and I can t change it through any of the IE options Use Blank Use Current or typing it in manually - I m trying to set it to Google I went to this page to solve the problem http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb EN-US q Home page setting changes unexpectedly or you cannot change your home page setting As per Microsoft s instructions I tried changing the quot Start Page quot value in quot HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot but I got the following error quot Cannot edit Start Page Homepage Explorer Can't Acer on Aspire (global.acer.com) Change Internet Notebook Error writing the value s new contents quot There was no quot Default Page URL quot entry in there I was able to change the quot Default Page URL quot value to quot Google com quot under quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot and the quot Start Page quot value in there was already set to quot http www microsoft com isapi redir dll prd SUB PRD amp clcid SUB CLSID amp pver SUB PVER amp ar home quot The quot Default Page URL quot and quot Start Page quot entries don t exist in the quot HKEY USERS Default Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main quot key Lastly the quot HKEY CURRENT USER Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook quot subkey doesn t exist either I would Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook appreciate any help you could give me thanks nbsp

A:Can't Change Internet Explorer Homepage (global.acer.com) on Acer Aspire Notebook

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-internet-explorer-homepage-global-acer-com-on-acer-aspire-notebook.493639/
Relevancy 56.76%

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M
I am attaching a few pictures of what comes on the screen when I turn it on.
Even in safe mode it does not let me log in, it attempts repairs, it fails and then goes to the black screen with the white cursor.
If I try to start windows normally it loads the logo and then goes to the black screen.
Yesterday, in an attempt to do repairs it was replacing invalid security drivers or something like that and it was taking ages so I had to turn it off.
For the last week it took very long to start up, failing to configure windows but it would eventually let me log in.
Since yesterday I am only getting the black screen. it is windows 7 by the way.

i need a very quick reply please

A:Acer Aspire 5742, IntelCore i3-380M goes black after acer logo loads

Quick reply!!! Save your data and restore back to factory. Always have a back up image of your OS on a external drive for next time you have this problem!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5742-intelcore-i3-380m-goes-black-after-acer-logo-loads-984193.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

My system is roughly months old I had used the upgrade software that Acer provided to upgrade from Vista to home premium There was no issues with the install and everything worked great for a month and then it started going in to Acer M3203 Windows software Acer's upgrade and Aspire 7 deep hibernation The only way to wake it was to unplug Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software the power from the tower I did everything I could think of from editing the registry to updating drivers to finally reinstalling everything No go so I packed it up and sent it back to Acer I just got it back from Acer's repair depot They had to replace the motherboard hard drive and fans on the system They performed a factory restore and told me that I was good to go and updating shouldn't be an issue I went to use the upgrade dvd's from Acer and low and behold the hibernation thing started again It took me four attempts to restore it back to factory Now it seems stable running Vista I am in the process up updating the drivers and windows stuff so time will tell Is it me or is Acer systems flakey Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about updating to Windows without having to format every week I have tried doing clean installs without going the upgrade path and it still behaves badly Sometimes it won't even turn on Or is it just possible that the pc I purchased just can't handle Windows

A:Acer Aspire M3203 and Acer's Windows 7 upgrade software

Are you booting the Acer Win7 Upgrade Media DVD to do a clean install? You can do that to get the cleanest possible install, without the corruption that is imported from Vista in an in-place Upgrade.

The installer is driver-complete, but afterwards any missing drivers which don't quickly arrive in Optional Windows Updates can be found on the apps/drivers CD along with favorite apps like Works, cam, etc. Others can be found on the Acer Support Downloads webpage for your model computer, Adobe (flash, Reader) and Java (runtime, free Ofc suite) sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74525-acer-aspire-m3203-acers-windows-7-upgrade-software.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone I'm at my wits end! I cannot get my webcam to work. I have tried numerous options posted in different forums and on websites but nothing seems to work. Even when I went to the Acer update driver search site. When I added my model number I got about a dozen driver options but as soon as I put in my OS Windows 7 (64 Bit) it came back with no drivers. I've noticed in a number of forums that peoples webcams where working fine in Windows XP but when they updated to Windows 7 they lose the ability for their computers to find their webcams. Is this an inherent problem with Windows 7 and is there anyway to fix it short of buying an external webcam. Surly there must be a way to get it to work !!!
Regards Brett.

A:Acer Crystal Eye Webcam will not work on Acer Aspire 5560

Hi Brett ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... Does the Webcam show in the Device Manager ? ...

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ...?
Have you tried the Cyberlink WebCam Application 1.0.1523 23.6 MB ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351235-acer-crystal-eye-webcam-will-not-work-acer-aspire-5560-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey There First of all I'm a studend so I can't speek good english cause I live in Switzerland plz write in German if you can So my Problem I've found a Acer Aspire G with Windows Vista This was so slow and annoying So I deleded the whole OS and installed Win Home Premium x Now I'm searching some drivers for my Notebook My biggest Problem is the sound driver In Vista there was a tool called quot Acer eAudio Manager quot I want to install it because you can switch the equalizer to movie music with on Manager eAudio 7 Acer Aspire Windows Acer 5920G and game and it sounds awesome with the bassbooster D I've downloaded the driver from the website and there was a error quot This software can only be installed in authorized machine quot what can I do to Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 install this tool Some other tools like acer power management or acer enet management works great I thought I ask in this forum because there were some good topics about the mouspad and synaptic of the G wich helped Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7 me D I hope you understand my question and can help me Greetings LikeLinux And yes I'm a real Linux fan I've used always Ubuntu This is the first time that I use Windows

A:Acer eAudio Manager on Acer Aspire 5920G with Windows 7

Bing Translator

Try installing the driver in compatability mode.

Read this tutorial.
Compatibility Mode
Let us know if it works or does not work.
Mike

Installieren Sie den Treiber in Compatability Mode.

Lesen Sie dieses Tutorial.
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=de&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sevenforums.com%2Ftutorials%2F316-compatibility-mode.html

Lassen Sie uns wissen Sie, wenn es funktioniert oder nicht funktioniert.
Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/133756-acer-eaudio-manager-acer-aspire-5920g-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Previously, this button would open Windows Media Center when pressed. Though it has stopped doing that and don't know why. How can I fix this?
All the other Mediatouch keys are working fine.
http://dalscan.samsalisbury.net/results.php?id=7c3d6622ef53857e3cfe4471330d88c0

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-5920g-acer-arcade-button.804166/
Relevancy 55.9%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message