Windows Support Forum

Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

Q: Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on. I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 93.93%

Hello Admin. I bought Acer Aspire 5750, After month, i found No Diplay but the unit power on.  I have some Asking you how to Flash the Bios of Laptop Aspire 5750. Many times i try to do Flash the Bios of Aspire 5750. Problem is No display but Power is ok. the Led Power and also USB Port also ok. Please kindly Help me.Here is the Example: I try to Flash for other ways LikePower Button+FN Key+Esc. But cant flash the bios? When i try to find from our furom, i cant found the solution. Please help mr the procedure how to solve it. Thank you!!!

A:Acer Aspire 5750 No Display But Led Power is Ok

I very much doubt it's a Bios problem.This may or may not work.Remove the power cord and battery, hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Plug in and try.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-No-Display-But-Led-Power-is-Ok/td-p/428521
Relevancy 107.93%

My personal laptop has shut down several times after the power button was pressed. In some cases it powers and and boots up to the windows screen or sometimes halfway to the windows screen and shuts down.

I checked with a similar model laptop and confirmed ram, hd, battery, power pack are all working good.

I stripped laptop and cleaned cooling fan, inside cover and heat sink. I even removed the dvd drive and cpu.

After putting back every thing and retested my the fault still persists.

I am suspecting I may have a faulty mb may be caused by a short somewhere.

I really need assistance here to work around this fault to get the machine working properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-shutting-down-after-few-seconds-after-power.1163327/
Relevancy 89.87%

I've checked out Acer 124 BCCODE on 5750 Aspire the forums fairly throughly but I still am not having any luck nbsp Right now I'm installing the WDK so I can decipher the minidmp so I'll add that shortly nbsp I'm running a Aspire nbsp Windows -bit Intel i M gb Dual Channel DDR Mhz - - - ACER JE HR mobo WD hard drive nbsp I bought it second hand - I'm experienced enough that pulling parts and testing things doesn't bother me but this has me stumped nbsp BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750 When ever I stream video and less often download software it crashes with a BSOD which generally means heat overclocking instability or damaged hardware nbsp The fan wasn't working right - so I thought easy fix - replace the fan clean everything up and redo the thermal paste nbsp Still happened nbsp So now it gets more problematic nbsp Stress tested the GPU with FurMark - mins - no crashes Stress tested the CPU with Prime - mins - no crashes no errors no warnings Temperature never goes above 'Disabled' Turbo by setting the power for the processor to less than nbsp Still happens Chkdsk this is a fresh Windows install with nothing more than Chrome and some windows updates added - hard disk comes back clean instantly I'll be replacing this in the future anyway with a TB M T Samsung Memory test - had an gig sodimm in it to begin with nbsp It was not and only one nbsp This tested out with an error in the first pass nbsp I thought AH HAH got you nbsp So I replaced it with the exact memory this beast calls for Two sodimms - gig each nbsp So that everything is optimal nbsp Did a memtest - all is good nbsp Nope still crashes nbsp So do I try to replace the HD nbsp Or give up and replace the mobo nbsp Or wait til the WDK downloads which caused me to crash a few minutes ago nbsp The fact that it crashes when I'm downloading or streaming makes me think it's the harddrive in spite of it testing clean nbsp Right now I'm unemployed so the unhelpful suggestion of buying a new laptop as the parts I'd need are way less than a new laptop would be isn't needed nbsp

A:BCCODE 124 on Acer Aspire 5750

Update: I think it may be the HD. Was running the extended test through WD diagnostic and after 41 mins it crashed with that BSOD.  Near the end of the diagnostic.  Hmmm... Appears a new HD is in order.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/BCCODE-124-on-Acer-Aspire-5750/td-p/424256/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I put my laptop on sleep mode last night in error - I usually use Hibernate.When I cam eto turn it on this morning then nothing happens.The blue power light is on but the screen is black.I have tried switching off and on again but nothing happens. Also removing the battery.Help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5750-not-coming-out-of-sleep/td-p/451839
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 89.01%

I only know my laptop can play blue-ray disc movies, but that's it. I don't wanna buy foreign made DVD's just to find out they won't work because my laptop can't play DVD's made of a different system. If someone could help me with this that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.  :-)

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Is-my-Acer-Aspire-5750-s-DVD-player-PAL-NTSC-TV-system/td-p/462993
Relevancy 89.01%

I cannot see it on the list and most models seem to have a prefix which mine does not.  Has anyone upgraded to windows 10 on this model successfully?

A:I have an acer aspire 5750 is it windows 10 compat...

What does the Windows 10 upgrade icon say? If it says you are good to go, make sure you have all updates installed then go for it. It won't be on the Acer list unless it needs new drivers that aren't already ready.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/I-have-an-acer-aspire-5750-is-it-windows-10-compatible/td-p/379729
Relevancy 87.72%

I am unable to use the scroll on my pad, this is really annoying as i have to use the slide bar at the side of each window.
Can anyone please help, i'm a bit of a novice with computers too.

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Scroll probem with smartpad

Nearly 300 views and no ideas from anyone? Do i need some more info in here or something?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219806-acer-aspire-5750-scroll-probem-smartpad.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi folks
I've got an Aspire 5750 laptop and am having network problems.
My network is a Workgroup, all machines running flavours of Win7.
FROM the Aspire I can log into the other comps and access the disks on them.
TO the Aspire: in explorer on another machine I can see the symbol and name (ACER-I5) of the Aspire but cannot connect to it.
Network diagnostics states:
------------------------------------
Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the
device or recsource (ACER-I5) is not responding.
------------------------------------
Any suggestion as to what to look for to solve this would be most welcome as I am somewhat of a network novice.
Regards
Bob

A:Problems with Acer Aspire 5750 network connection

Try removing the Microsoft Virtual Mini Wi-fi Adapter.

As far as I'm aware, it's something Microsoft has introduced for connecting to a wireless hotspot so if you've no need for it just delete it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217626-problems-acer-aspire-5750-network-connection.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

Could anyone show me the steps of changing cpu processor in Acer Aspire 5750-6493?

Thanks,
jd

Relevancy 87.72%

My laptop won't boot after I changed the video configuration settings in the bios. Any time I turn on the laptop it just makes a clicking noise & switches itself back off so I cannot change the settings back.
I have tried to reset the cmos battery but I have been unable to remove the keyboard to get to it.
is there a way I can get my laptop working again?

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Won't Boot After Changes in Bios Settings

With your receipt, take laptop to any busines-oriented computer store [for example I've used Altex in AustinTX], let them fix the problem for you. Once, they've fixed your laptop, make changes in video configurations in Windows OS, after making external media backups of your OS partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376548-acer-aspire-5750-wont-boot-after-changes-bios-settings.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 86.86%

I have an Acer Aspire Recently wireless connection has been spotty on my computer Phone and other laptops in household work normal using our Wifi On my Acer there is the F button that you re supposed to turn Acer / Aspire wireless Can't 5750 adapter network on press with the Function button to enable disable wireless Unfortunately that Can't turn on wireless network adapter / Acer Aspire 5750 key and other keys on one side of the laptop are broken So I use a wireless keyboard that doesn t have that F wireless button Problem is I can t turn quot on quot the wireless function on my computer There is no small switch on the external body of the laptop Every time I tried to connect to my Wifi I get a notice that it couldn t connect and to reset my network adapter The network adapter Intel Centrino Advanced N is enabled when I check the Device Manager Says it s working normal Without pressing the F button function I can t find get to that screen to enable the Wifi Any help would be awesome Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

Hello I know nothing about problem name: BlueScreen Acer - 5750 [SOLVED] Aspire event the actual software or hardware of my laptop [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen I just know how to go to different sites Lately my laptop keeps randomly cutting to a blue screen with white text usually occurs without warning but the laptop will restart itself and everything will return to running normally until the next appearance of the blue screen The laptop is just over years old and came installed with Windows OS - Windows x -bit or x I'm don't know what that means The online specs say that it was a -bit What was original installed OS on system I think it was I'm so sorry I was given to laptop as a gift Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer It was pre-installed Age of system hardware - years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS No CPU - What does this mean Video Card - What does this mean MotherBoard - What does this mean Power Supply - -cell Lithium-ion battery System Manufacturer - Acer Inc Exact model number - Aspire - G Mnkk S N LXR B SNID I don't know what the last two were but I included them in case they were helpful

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5750 - problem event name: BlueScreen

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a) bugcheck.

This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.

This is most likely being caused by a problematic and or buggy device driver, so let's go ahead and enable Driver Verifier to get further information:

Driver Verifier:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 8, 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver if it detects a violation.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8 - Restore Point - Create in Windows 8

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"
2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"
3. Check the following boxes -
- Special Pool
- Pool Tracking
- Force IRQL Checking
- Deadlock Detection
- Security Checks (Windows 7 & 8)
- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)
- Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"
5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.
6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.
7. Click on Finish.
8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.
If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.
・ Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend keeping it enabled for at least 24 hours. If you don't BSOD by then, disable Driver Verifier.

My system BSOD'd, where can I find the crash dumps?

They will be located in %systemroot%\Minidump

Any other questions can most likely be answered by this article:
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5750-problem-event-name-bluescreen-720201.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi there I have an Aspire This has been a great laptop for me but over the past few weeks the power adapter connection has been really sketchy The issue seems to be at the connection where it plugs into the computer itself The power cord seems to come disconnected somehow frequently If I unplug it from the laptop and then put the plug back in again this fixes it for a few seconds but then the power button light starts flashing and it's disconnected again nbsp I was hoping it was an issue with the adapter itself so I bought a replacement one but it isn't any better than the one that came with the power supply Aspire 5750 laptop Is this a common issue I assume it's a problem with the connection inside the laptop where you put the plug in but I'm off warranty and have no idea what to do to fix it Do I need a new laptop While I'm fairly decent with most software programs hardware for me is a totally different Aspire 5750 power supply ballgame Any help would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Aspire 5750 power supply

The power socket is soldered to the power board  and repeated pulling and pushing it can sometimes pull loose or crack a solder connection. You will need to disassemble the laptop to resolder/replace the power board. New board http://www.cdsparts.com/p-3374-new-acer-aspire-5350-5750-5750g-5750z-series-power-board-cable.aspx?C... Disassemble https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maoRU9NhyJo

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750-power-supply/td-p/390145
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello I m hoping for a bit of help and advice on this issue before I go taking anything apart or delving into the insides of my laptop or taking it to a repair shop When I turn the laptop on I get the Acer screen and then the top left quarter of the screen goes black and the whole thing freezes see the attachment However when I plug the laptop into my TV screen via HDMI it s absolutely freezing) Acer freezing Aspire (and screen 5750 not fine and starts up no problem Even when I take the cable out once it has started up it works Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) fine on just the laptop screen but it s something about the start-up that makes it freeze I also shut it down unplugged the HDMI and started it up again on just the laptop and it worked fine again so really confused about what is going on Has Acer Aspire 5750 screen freezing (and not freezing) anyone come across something like this before I ve attached my computer specs below too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5750-screen-freezing-and-not-freezing.1168938/
Relevancy 72.67%

I replaced the DC jack on an Acer today with a new one. When the laptop has the battery in the power LED shows a power source(unfortunately the battery is dead). When I remove the battery and plug in the charger to the new DC jack, no LED. Hitting the power button results in a flash from the power button light and power LED for an instant but no POST or boot. I tried different chargers as I have a few universals laying around so that's not it.....What's the problem?

A:Acer Aspire 5742 no power from dc jack, replaced it, still no power

Maybe not enough power on my acer laptop the charger says the output is 19 volts 3.4 amps and it runs fine without the battery installed, When I dont have the battery installed and the charger pluged in there is no indication that the changer is indeed plugged in and also when I turn it on I usually press the button just a bit longer to turn it on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334453-acer-aspire-5742-no-power-dc-jack-replaced-still-no-power.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi! I've been trying to figure out why my Aspire ZC-605 wont show anything in Windows. It POSTs, but then it boots into Windows 10 (makes startup sound), and I can't see a thing. I can sign in though, so that shows that it might be the display or Windows. When I signed in, I heard my skype start up also, so that works. I dont understand why it just wont show anything in Windows. Oh, and FYI, I do not have any display ports (VGA, HDMI, etc). Thanks!

A:Acer Aspire ZC-605 display

try this:at boot press ALT+F10 or after entering your password to login, keep pressing Shift key, this will start Acer/windows recovery.From the Recovery screenClick on Troubleshoot.Click on Advanced Options.Click on Startup Settings.Click on Restart.The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted. once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-ZC-605-display/td-p/415305/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi! I have a problem with my Acer Apire S3 (SN: ms2346) display. It didn't fell or anything just suddenly stopped working. I wonder if any of you guys could tell me if I should replace just LCD cable or the whole LCD display . Thank you for your help.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD1UevvukoU - this is how it looks like

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S3-LCD-display-problem/td-p/448534
Relevancy 69.66%

My Acer Aspire One ZG-5 crapped out on me, since the display never works and the computer locks up all the time! I disassembled it and then put it back together, and that fixed it... for 5 SECONDS. Could it be the RAM is going bad, or the hard drive or screen or the Mobo?

A:Help! My Acer Aspire One ZG5 doesn't display!

It could be almost any part, including the graphics chip. Is there no display at all ? Any lights come on ? Can you try it with a Monitor ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-acer-aspire-one-zg5-doesnt-display.1126215/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello Everyone i have a problem with my acer aspire 5920, first of all it had a bit of an impact to the lid. When power button was pressed it would power up and straight back off again, i discovered when lcd screen inverter was dis-connected it powered up ok.Got a new inverter and started up ok but screen was blotchy red,still had display but patchy red,hooked laptop upto my tv and display was perfect so to my knowledge means graphic card ok. got a new screen and fitted and still the same patchy red.got 2nd had lcd cable and still the same and now need some guidence or if anyone had same problems.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi! I have an ACER ASPIRE ES1-512-C9VL laptop with Celeron N2940 proc. and i am using windows 7 32-bit. I cannot find a working display driver for it. Can you, please help me? I've tried the driver wich I found on this forum, but it does not work for my N2940... Thank you.

A:acer aspire es1-512 display driver

You could always use the Intel driver update utility if you would be more comfortable with that.  Or just let Windows update install the latest WHQL driver.  If you currently have an intel graphics driver installed, you may have to go to device manager to uninstall/delete it.  That should cause windows to look for latest certified driver in window update. Edit: removed driver link as it was not compatibile with windows 7 and OP's system....as per release notes.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-es1-512-display-driver/td-p/364645
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I am unable to view anything on my laptop, Acer Aspire 5740g, not sure what exactly happened but the screen is currently a darkish shade of grey. I am not able to hear anything for the start up and connecting it to a external display, the display receives no input for the laptop. I have unplugged the charger and removed the battery and held the power button but the screen still stay grey. I have been having this problem for about a day now with no change, one other thing, I am unable to access the bios system.

Advice would be much appreciated

A:Acer Aspire Display Issues

The steps you've gone through are the usual remedies. Next option is to test the AC adapter. You can buy a testing device cheaply at any electronics store. If unsuccessful, unfortunately you might need a repair shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-display-issues-629244.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My Acer Aspire 4810TZ-4439 shows either an all black or all white screen. The laptop works fine when I hook an external display to it. What options do I have to fix this?

Link

A:Acer Aspire 4810TZ has bad LCD display

link broken?

I would personally return it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4810tz-has-bad-lcd-display.160543/
Relevancy 69.23%

My laptop, aspire E1-510P will not power on. A blue light will come on for a few seconds then it shuts off. What is the problem & What can I do to fix it?

A:My acer aspire E1-510 will not power on

On Acer Aspire notebooks, blue light indication has different meanings depending on whether you are using your laptop on battery or by connecting it to a power adapter. To know more, the following link can be helpful:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9674/~/how-does-the-battery-indicator-light-on-my-a... In your case, it is recommended to check if there is any issue with the battery. To do this, remove the battery from your laptop and connect the laptop directly to power adapter. If the laptop works fine now, there may be some issue with the battery. To confirm this, you can try using another battery (if possible) and see if that resolves the issue. Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-acer-aspire-E1-510-will-not-power-on/td-p/329307
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I wonder if anyone can help I have an Acer Aspire One it has a broken screen I have a replacement screen and have checked that it is the correct one for this model When I replaced the screen I have done this with other laptops the laptop would not power on - nothing happened no power light Acer Aspire won't One power on no HDD activity no fan The battery did not have much charge if any so was plugged into the mains The battery charge light was not on either I then replaced the old broken screen but did Acer Aspire One won't power on not screw everything back into place it started up with no problems However once I switched off to fix the screws facia etc I have the same issue no activity other than the first time the power switch light flickered a couple of times but no other activity The only difference I now have is that the battery charge light comes on but still no activity I do not think this is the black screen of death as that seems to occur with the powerlight on but no other activity - I do not have a light on the power Any help gratefully received Mary nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a problem with my acer aspire 5102 wlmi laptop. It did have Vista on it but I took it off as it was slowing the laptop down. I reinstalled XP MCE with all the necessary drivers and utilities. However when pressing Fn + F5 I only receive the option to view on external monitor or laptop, not both .

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

--Nathan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5102-display-switching.738608/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an acer aspire one compact lap top which is displaying weird borders on some pages, and missing images on others. (Yahoo logo for specifics)

I have:

1. Reset all IE Settings including security
2. Compared all settings to another machine
3. Uninstalled IE and reinstalled

- No viruses or malware are present.

Below is an attached screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

A:Acer Aspire One, Page display problems

Welcome to TSF

Do you have SP3 and IE8 installed?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/acer-aspire-one-page-display-problems-512778.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys I have been having this problem for a long time now I have done my research and the solutions that other people had didn't really seem to work for me I have tried reinstallling the display driver formatting the computer updating the driver i even bought a new ATI display driver If you guys can help me it will Driver Aspire Display Crashed- Has Acer really be appreciated Okay so this is what exactly happens I would be using my computer normally then it would freeze up the screen would go black Sometimes it would go to a BSOD and i Display Driver Has Crashed- Acer Aspire have to restart sometimes it doesnt come back and sometimes it does comeback When it does comeback a little message pops up saying quot Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered quot It is really Starting to annoy me MY PC INFO OS Windows Ultimate x build CPU gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual HD Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity System Model ACER Aspire M R -B Board ACER MCP VE NVIDIA MCP Megabytes Usable Installed Memory DISPLAY ATI Radeon HD Series Display adapter Screen Acer X W Monitor quot vis s n LDW D September I got all this info using Belarc

A:Display Driver Has Crashed- Acer Aspire

From what you've described, you've done all the testing/replacement that we would have done.
In that case it's most likely that there's a problem with your motherboard and how it handles graphics.
I'd suggest a new motherboard, but that'll set you back around $100 (US) and there's no guarantee that this is the problem. If you do purchase a new mobo, be sure that you can return it for your money back if it doesn't work.

Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124563-display-driver-has-crashed-acer-aspire.html
Relevancy 68.8%

My Aspire One D260 netbook will not power on. I get the battery charging light and the power ligh...and a very dim wifi light. but the HDD light never turns on and I have no fan activity nor hard drive activity. I also have the light on fromt he power button too. My netbook was one fo the first to come out on the market, with the Win7 starter edition.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Acer-Aspire-One-D260-will-not-power-on/td-p/459520
Relevancy 68.8%

YERSTERDAY It WAS WORKING OK AND THIS MORNING I TURNED IT ON AND NO POWER....I BOUGHT IT SIX MONTHS AGO...PLEASE HELP.  THANKS SO MUCH.  

A:My Acer Aspire XC-703G does not power on.

I would test the power supply first. With it unplugged, remove the side panel, remove the large plug that comes from the power supply to the motherboard.Put a jumper from the green wire to the adjacent black wire.Plugit in to the wall.The power supply?s fan should start up. If it doesn?t then the power supply is dead.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Acer-Aspire-XC-703G-does-not-power-on/m-p/430335
Relevancy 68.8%

YERSTERDAY It WAS WORKING OK AND THIS MORNING I TURNED IT ON AND NO POWER....I BOUGHT IT SIX MONTHS AGO...PLEASE HELP.  THANKS SO MUCH.  

A:My Acer Aspire XC-703G does not power on.

I would test the power supply first. With it unplugged, remove the side panel, remove the large plug that comes from the power supply to the motherboard.Put a jumper from the green wire to the adjacent black wire.Plugit in to the wall.The power supply?s fan should start up. If it doesn?t then the power supply is dead.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-Acer-Aspire-XC-703G-does-not-power-on/td-p/430335/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.8%

I don't if any one can help me with this problem on this forum but I am working on a Acer Aspire 6930 Laptop the owner accidentally plugged in a wrong AC adapter & it no longer powers on so what I am looking for is where can I get a electrical schematic diagram so I can trace out the faulty component so if any one can refer me to any resources where I can obtain one it would be greatly appreciated

A:No power to Acer Aspire 6930

Service manual.
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/9989/Acer-6930.html?#manual
Also be sure to test the AC adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-power-to-acer-aspire-6930.1134509/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am currently helping a friend with his lap top The computer is An Acer Aspire series Model Problem Power Aspire Acer ICL I believe I have narrowed the problem down to the power system First of all while the charger is connected the charging indicator light does not come on If I press the power button while it is attached to the charger The screen will quickly flash the quot Acer quot logo then shut off once more The machine will not turn on at all without the battery attached What I want to know is if my suspicions are correct I believe the problem is the charging port Acer Aspire Power Problem Does anyone know if these particular computers are known to have this problem Is their any definitive way to test this I do not believe the problem to be the cord itself because the little green light is on and does not appear to be damaged or stressed in any way And the lap top did Acer Aspire Power Problem boot up once without a problem but shortly after logging on began to beep loudly battery low warning before shutting off nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Power Problem

Would I have to take the whole thing apart to tell?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-power-problem.940234/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey,
So I have an Acer Aspire 5830TG-6659 that doesnt power up. When the AC adapter is plugged in, none of the lights are lit. Warranty expired so no returns. Yes the AC adapter works, tested with multimeter and with another laptop. I'm thinking either a faulty motherboard, loose connections, or a fried motherboard... I have opened it up and cleaned it and looked for any loose connections but nada.

Any suggestions?

A:acer aspire 5830TG no power

I think your motherboard is dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266638-acer-aspire-5830tg-no-power.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a Acer Aspire AX3400G slimline case and am experiencing a problem when powering up. When pressing the power button the computer begins to power up then stops. The fan is running but nothing else. If I unplug then replug the computer it will start normally. This started intermittently but now is doing it every time I turn it on. I believe I need a new power supply? The power supply is a Liteon PS 5221-9 230 max watt. Does this sound like a power supply issue? And if so could someone direct me to a good replacement PSU? I only use the computer for Email, Facebook etc. and don't require any serious power usage.

Steve

A:Acer Aspire Power supply?

Sounds like the pus,one Right here. http://www.amazon.com/DPS-220UB-A-PS-5221-9-PS-5221-06-CPB09-D220R-Emachine/sim/B009F7SXIA/2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-power-supply.1118478/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello all nbsp Thank you for reading this I could really use Please Will Acer power Aspire help: v5 572P up... not some help There is work I need to finish but can't Below is the problem and what I have done so far nbsp My laptop Model Acer Aspire V P was working fine today I simply closed it pull the screen down to shut it while it was on put it in a protected bag and took it home minutes Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up... When I opened it again I noticed it Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up... was off nbsp It would not power on via the power buttonI plugged it in and noticed the charger and power lights did not light up It would not turn on with the charger connected I heard something moving around inside and it appears that a screw Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up... inside the laptop case broke and was moving around inside the laptop while it was closed and on nbsp I'm quite sure my charger and battery are ok I've never had an issue with either The battery was at about when I closed the laptop Can anyone help me and let me know what I should do Could a screw covered in plastic cause any damage inside nbsp WHAT I HAVE DONEThus far I watched this video nbsp https www youtube com watch v Sg tUXZL nbsp I did the following - I tried the battery reset button I then plugged it in and nothing No lights No power - I removed the battery I then plugged it in Nothing No lights No power - I removed the hard drive Same thing Nothing nbsp I have a memory slot but no additional memory so I can't remove any RAM I'm quite sure my adapter is working and the batter was fine Anyone have any ideas nbsp I use my laptop for work and I would appreciate any help anyone can give me nbsp Thank you M

A:Please help: Acer Aspire v5 572P Will not power up...

if you are out of warranty, you can try to open it and look about that "noise" inside your laptop.if you are still under warranty, give Acer support service a call. you did a lot of troubleshoot so i don't have more to add.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Please-help-Acer-Aspire-v5-572P-Will-not-power-up-No-lights/td-p/425212/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.8%

After intalling win 10 my Acer Aspire S7-392 sometimes will not turn off. Especially if my Acer has been on for a while. Also when I close the desktop lid and later open the lid, the computer will not start (black screen). I have to manually turn off by pressing power. Have anyone the same issue on their Acer Aspire S7-392? Please respond if you have a solution...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire s7 392 - power will not turn off

I FINALLY found the solution for the power-off/sleep problem; Go to Control PanelClick on DevicesUnder System Devices  find .....Intel Management Engine Interfaceclick on it, then right click to find propertiesunder Driver it will tell you which version you have.Mine was ver. 11 --- which is the culprit.I choose to roll driver back to 9.5.xxOnce I did that roll back.....I no longer have the shut down issue.Hope that works for you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-s7-392-power-will-not-turn-off/td-p/379719
Relevancy 68.8%

Gday Techspot community I have a up will My E650 Aspire power Acer not Acer Aspire E MMX desktop computer that will not power up anymore By this i mean i get no lights at all on the front of the computer or inside the tower when it s plugged in and when i try to push the power button i get the power pak fan and the cpu fan to spin a maximum of about revolutions and then nothing The My Acer Aspire E650 will not power up only light i do see is on the back of the tower which is the network connection port green light and this only happens initally when the power at the wall is turn on Things i have tried Checked power lead checked power box fuse checked power button checked Ram blew out all dust unplugged everything and then plugged back in and checked internal CMOS battery with multi meter All of these seemed to be working ok I know only a tiny bit about computers so any help in this matter would be appreciated Cheers JC My Acer Aspire E650 will not power up nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-aspire-e650-will-not-power-up.150407/
Relevancy 67.94%

Bought new June 2019 Acer All in One (not touch). Windows 10 Display Driver stops functioning and recovers and or the screen goes black and I have to shut down. Bought the system brand new June 4 2016. Help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/ACER-Aspire-Z3-715-Display-Driver-Stops-and-recovers-or-window/td-p/448076
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a an Acer Aspire 5102WLMi notebook that the screen just went completely white on and then upon restarting it nothing was displayed, but the computer at least seems to turn on. I've tried plugging it into an LCD monitor but there still isn't anything displayed. I should note the laptop isn't mine. This is how I received it and what I was told. Is it possible for the on-board video to go bad? Or any ideas of things I could try to pin-point the problem?

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5100 Series Notebook --No Display

If you have tried an external monitor (which you said you have) and nothing displayed on boot whilst plugged into the external monitor, I would say that the built-in video is bad. I would advise your friend/client/relative to purchase a new laptop or see if you can find a cheap, used mobo on Ebay to replace it because the video cannot easily be replaced (soldered onto motherboard).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-series-notebook-no-display.674493/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have acer aspire 4730z laptop with 14 inch LCD dsiplay due to some issue at my acer LCD screen.i have replace LCD screen with brand name LG digital display LCD 14" display screen now i m unable to adjust laptop brightness. if i try Fn+ up/down key brightness of laptop screen show very high brightness on screen or very low dime light brigtness due to this i am unable to read anything on screen. 1.How to resolve this dsiplay brightness issue ?2.which display drive i need to update ? OS Window 7 64 bitAcer Aspire 473z laptop LCD 14"

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-4730z-display-screen-issue/td-p/464243
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello there!
I have notebook acer aspire 5930 and I encountered problems with it!
So the thing is, when i play games or doing something what eats tonzz of resources
my display pops black, but the notebook is still running!
Sometimes the screen pops black even if I started the game and played only for 2 minutes!
I thought it`s hardware problem ( I mean display is dead), but when u restart the pc everything works fine! Display pops black when u start doing something what eats resources!
my warranty is expired so i can try to fix it by my self!
Please help me to fix this major problem!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5930-display-pops-black.1004161/
Relevancy 67.94%

For clarification this laptop has switchable graphics so it has both Intel and AMD display drivers I recently tried to update the AMD driver AMD Radeon HD M for my laptop due to not being able to access Catalyst Control Center It didn't work and I mistakenly forgot set a restore point I've uninstalled the drivers ran Driver Sweeper and ran CCleaner I attempted to install the display driver for my model from the Acer website VGA Driver AMD v http support acer com us en produc amp modelId install AMD 7750G Acer Aspire driver Cannot display on However Cannot install AMD display driver on Acer Aspire 7750G I do not receive the option to install a display driver in the Catalyst Install Manager http i imgur com qL a jpg I have been able to install it in the past This time however when I run the Catalyst Install Manager it doesn't have an option for me to install the display driver nor Catalyst Control Center Also the AMD card is not able to start but I suspect this is because there are no drivers installed for it http i imgur com qL a jpg Is there anything I can do short of doing a total restore to fix this

A:Cannot install AMD display driver on Acer Aspire 7750G

Quote: Originally Posted by Asos

For clarification this laptop has switchable graphics so it has both Intel and AMD display drivers. I recently tried to update the AMD driver (AMD Radeon HD 6650M) for my laptop due to not being able to access Catalyst Control Center. It didn't work, and I mistakenly forgot set a restore point.

I've uninstalled the drivers, ran Driver Sweeper, and ran CCleaner. I attempted to install the display driver for my model from the Acer website: VGA Driver AMD v8.901.4.0 (Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 7750G).

However, I do not receive the option to install a display driver in the Catalyst Install Manager (http://i.imgur.com/qL52a.jpg). I have been able to install it in the past. This time however, when I run the Catalyst Install Manager it doesn't have an option for me to install the display driver nor Catalyst Control Center.

Also, the AMD card is not able to start, but I suspect this is because there are no drivers installed for it. (http://i.imgur.com/qL52a.jpg)

Is there anything I can do short of doing a total restore to fix this?

Welcome to SevenForums,

Have you tried the native "Acer eRecovery Management" software (can be found in your programs list)?

This will restore back to default both VGA drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/255637-cannot-install-amd-display-driver-acer-aspire-7750g.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi everyone I m wondering if I can get some help I ve got a few issues aspire 1691 issue display/monitor Acer with my laptop Main one is that the laptop monitor didn t work Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue so I had to connect through the VGA to my telly but recently it s been temperamental when I start up it shows the acer main screen then the windows logo Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue then when the computer logs into windows the telly goes onto stand by Now I was restarting a few times in safe and vga modes and it comes on the telly ok but any adjustment on the properties and it again goes into stand by However I caught sight of the laptop in a different angle light and noticed that the screen on the laptop actually does work well kind of it s really really Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue dark and I can make out some menus and icons depending on which angle I move it to My questions are I ve tried adjusting the brightness with the fn buttons and in the monitor part of the display settings but unfortunately I can t get it any lighter is there somewhere else I can adjust brightness to bring the screen back to normal It feels like I m viewing it through dark sun glasses when I can see it or that the screen has a really dark tint to it Would a fresh installation of xp revive my laptop or would it make no difference Obviously if there is a way to get the monitor on the laptop working again then this question isn t needed but does anyone know what I m doing wrong when trying to hook the laptop to the telly via the vga cable and after the acer amp windows menu it goes into stand by I know it s an old machine and I m probably wasting my time trying to fix the problems but it s a handy thing to have for my uni work and also since I started hooking it up to the telly playing video s through my telly Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Acer aspire 1691 display/monitor issue

If you can still make out the desktop, then it sounds like the backlight has failed. So a hardware replacement is in order.

As for the issue with the TV, it could simply be a resolution issue. Ensure you are using a resolution and refresh rate that the TV accepts. TV's with VGA input, often have very limited acceptable resolutions. Check the User Manual.

A better test, would be to simply connect the laptop to a true computer monitor and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-1691-display-monitor-issue.998843/
Relevancy 67.94%

-Please help me to resolve the following issue with my ACER ASPIRE V5-471PWhenver I installs Graphics (Intel HD Graphics 3000) Driver, It look likes the following picture, I am very upset... Regards,Munir

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-471P-Graphics-Display-Issue/td-p/437740/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an Acer Aspire R7-371T that I have upgraded to Windows 10. I have been getting this error pop-upI have checked for updates as well as tried the Intel Utility tool that just tells me to go to the manufacture website. This is driving me crazy! I have done everything but have solved nothing. It never is installed or says that its not for my laptop (whatever its said) I am so confused about the issue and have tried every solution the Microsoft has suggested. That is my fault I think they too are confused. Please tell me how to solve this.Thank you

A:Acer Aspire R7-371T Display Driver Problems

i would suggest you to uninstall your graphic adapter and then install the drivers available from Acer support website:http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/VGA/VGA_Intel_10.18.15.4248_W10x64_A.zip?acerid=63576... to uninstall your graphic drivers:windows logo key + xDevice managerclick on display adapterright click on your Intel HD graphic adapter and choose to uninstall, tick to uninstall software too if prompted, reboot, once at desktop install the downloaded drivers.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-R7-371T-Display-Driver-Problems/td-p/404283/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

My HD failed ordered new one... need to get a Win 7 home os download.  I have the product code that came with the laptop, jsut need to get the right software.  Help\!

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/aspire-5750-os/td-p/435219/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

I bought my acer aspire one back in March of 2009. A couple days ago, the adapter started to go out on me, and when i move the cord a certain way, it disconnects and goes to battery. If i move it again, it works again.

Considering that i unplug and replug in the laptop at least once every day, is this the average life of the cord or is there something wrong with the cord itself?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,
I'm going to be very quick and blunt. Mainly because I'm annoyed.
There was a power outage last night.
My laptop had been plugged in, but plugged into a almost industrial surge protector.
A while later I remembered to check on my laptop.
It had frozen solid, and would not shut down, even by holding down the power button.
For some reason, the laptop did not go into autohibernation upon low battery.
Now, when I tried to turn the laptop on, the computer clicks in, as it usually does.
However, the screen appears to be off completely even after I power on the computer.

Can anyone help?

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have Power Aspire problems V3-571g Acer a question regarding my problem with charging up my laptop Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems Well when I upgraded to Windows I didn't downloaded the newest BIOS version from the Acer site I all the time had a problem on Windows that my battery didn't charged up and when I un-plugged it from charger it instantly turned off I was thinking that my battery is dead but I was considering buying nbsp a new one a bit later So laptop offered me to download Windows I didn't downloaded from some sites or something -so I did I am using Windows for quite while and from boredom I wrote profilecfg -energy and it showed that I have k k battery charge available That was meaning that battery is still alive but something is Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems not right I looked online for this problem and I found out that the newest bios update fixes this problem BUT the update is only available for Windows Is there any possible for me to get the newest bios update for Windows Thanks for paying attention to this post-Best regards

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571g-Power-problems/td-p/444751/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

at the moment i'm using a Nvidia Geforce 840M with 4GB 2GHz, it's an open question i know but if anyone can help me powering it up i would be gratefull

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/can-i-power-up-the-graphic-card-in-my-Acer-Aspire-V-Nitro-VN7/td-p/432054/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

After allways working perfect my ACER Aspire WLMI suddenly does no longer start up That is to say the fan runs for a few seconds and than NOTHING No beebs no screen laptop up ACER Aspire 5683 power does not no diskdrive testing no nothing Just dead Apparently something still has invissibly started because after some time the fan will incidently blow some warm air I have tried various remedies such as - leaving it without power with the battery out for some time- taking the memory out- swapping the memory boards and putting them back in in various sequences- taking the HDD out- booting from CD but the cd does not even spin All with no luck nbsp Can anybody help me or is it just over and out And if so what could possibly be the cause given that I have shut it down in good order and were faced with the above situation at ACER Aspire 5683 laptop does not power up the next ACER Aspire 5683 laptop does not power up start-up nbsp btw nbsp ACER Aspire 5683 laptop does not power up i don't know if the location selection is correct I cannot find much more else other than is says Model BL nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/ACER-Aspire-5683-laptop-does-not-power-up/td-p/431295/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

I bought this laptop in September 2007, then all of a sudden it started giving trouble to power up.

The battery and the charger work perfectly in another Aspire 5100.

I have to really fiddle around with the adapter for the laptop to get AC power, and it wouldn't start up unless the charger is plug in.

Once i get AC power i could power on he laptop fine, remove the adapter from the laptop and it will operate off battery power fine, but it would not start up on battery power, even if the battery is fully charged.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks.

A:Acer Aspire 5100 power problem

Actually sounds like the power On switch is faulty not the connection to the battery or power

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5100-power-problem.95956/
Relevancy 67.94%

MyMy Z5761 will not boot up as described in my earlier post. I have told that there are two voltage levels. The lower one powers the lights, the bigher one powers the computer. Is this correct, and if so could the loss of the higher one be the reason why it is not booting up and what can be done to remedy the situation?

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z5761-power-supply/td-p/460383
Relevancy 67.94%

When I pressed the button to boot my pc nothing happened, I checked the power supply and all ok even tried an alternative power supply still no better.

However when you plug in the power supply one of the lan socket leds comes on, even though there is nothing connected to the pc apart from the power plug.

Is this a common fault with this pc, would it be some sort of short on the motherboard?

Thanks

Dave

A:Solved: Acer Aspire L5100 no power

Common? No, but hardware fails all the time. Typical cause would be the power supply or motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-l5100-no-power.1079822/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have a question regarding my problem with charging Power Aspire problems V3-571g Acer up my laptop Well when I upgraded to Windows I didn't downloaded the newest BIOS version from the Acer site I Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems all the time had a problem on Windows that my battery didn't charged up and when I un-plugged it from charger it instantly turned off I was thinking that my battery is dead but I was considering buying nbsp a new one a bit later So laptop Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems offered me to download Acer Aspire V3-571g Power problems Windows I didn't downloaded from some sites or something -so I did I am using Windows for quite while and from boredom I wrote profilecfg -energy and it showed that I have k k battery charge available That was meaning that battery is still alive but something is not right I looked online for this problem and I found out that the newest bios update fixes this problem BUT the update is only available for Windows Is there any possible for me to get the newest bios update for Windows Thanks for paying attention to this post-Best regards

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-571g-Power-problems/td-p/444751
Relevancy 67.94%

I am looking for a power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, to use in my car. On line I have seen two - one with output of 19v 3.42A  and the other with 19v 2.1 A. Which one would be best?Thanks for the help!

A:power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

Hello, As the original AC adapters are 40 or 65W, I suggest you to use the second:19x2.1=40W19x3.42=65W

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/power-cord-for-my-Acer-Aspire-E1-572-laptop-for-my-car/td-p/445488/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, I am quite new to customizing desktops.I would like to swap my Acer ASPIRE XC-704's power supply, I believe it is a 65W power supply but I would like to swap it into a 600W+ psu.First off, I am having trouble locating the power supply.Is it possible to upgrade this desktop's power supply? I couldnt find any pictures of the interior on the web, however, there is a youtube video showcasing the interior.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MCzbysQq6sPlease ignore the commentator.Thank you. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-XC-704-Power-Supply-Upgrade/td-p/451435
Relevancy 67.94%

Good Morning I have an issue with my acer aspire g The power will not switch Acer supply power Aspire 7720g on so I have taken the battery out to see if the laptop will power up without the battery and use the mains but that has not worked The little green light on the power pack displays as on does this indicate that it still works or has the power pack had a melt down internally The two lights on the front of the lap top keep intermittently flashing Amber There is a tiny amount of Acer Aspire 7720g power supply power in the battery and the laptop tries to boot but there isn t enough power Acer Aspire 7720g power supply to boot the OS I just Acer Aspire 7720g power supply wanted another opinion before buying some new items When this Acer dies what brand would you suggest for a replacement Dont get me wrong it s only years old but it s getting past it s time and since you can t update graphics or CPU s it s starting to feel tired Thanks for your help Dan nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

I am looking for a power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, to use in my car. On line I have seen two - one with output of 19v 3.42A  and the other with 19v 2.1 A. Which one would be best?Thanks for the help!

A:power cord for my Acer Aspire E1 -572 laptop, for ...

Hello, As the original AC adapters are 40 or 65W, I suggest you to use the second:19x2.1=40W19x3.42=65W

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/power-cord-for-my-Acer-Aspire-E1-572-laptop-for-my-car/td-p/445488
Relevancy 67.94%

Clearly something wrong with the battery on my Acer Aspire 7740 laptop. Preloaded with Windows 7, 64-bit o.s. [would love to get rid of that]. Battery, which is always fully powered, allows only 1 1/2 to 2 hrs use off power. Transformer is functioning, connection to laptop is good. I have a lousy battery, right? This product is under warranty, was purchased about 4 months ago.
Lots of problems. Have attempted to work with Acer support, but the communication is not only difficult, but virtually useless. Most of the time they can't understand the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7740-battery-gives-only-2-hr-use-off-power-506684.html
Relevancy 67.51%

So I just got this new laptop and so far I love everything about it! The only problem is that ocassionaly the display driver would crash and then restart itself successfully. This happens whenever I do browsing and light gaming. If anyone has a solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated  

A:Acer aspire r5-471t laptop Display driver problems

Do you have Intel HD graphics, Nvidia graphics?Is your driver older than these?VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.15.4248165.5 MB2015/09/03DownloadVGANVIDIAVGA Driver10.18.13.5324649.6 MB2015/09/03Download

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-r5-471t-laptop-Display-driver-problems/td-p/395909
Relevancy 67.51%

So I just got this new laptop and so far I love everything about it! The only problem is that ocassionaly the display driver would crash and then restart itself successfully. This happens whenever I do browsing and light gaming. If anyone has a solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated  

A:Acer aspire r5-471t laptop Display driver problems

Do you have Intel HD graphics, Nvidia graphics?Is your driver older than these?VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.15.4248165.5 MB2015/09/03DownloadVGANVIDIAVGA Driver10.18.13.5324649.6 MB2015/09/03Download

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-aspire-r5-471t-laptop-Display-driver-problems/td-p/395909/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.51%

I Aspire driver resolve my Acer on How my I issue 5050? display do with recently had my Acer Aspire laptop which used to run on Vista updated to Windows How do I resolve my issue with display driver on my Acer Aspire 5050? I noticed right away that the display resolution looked compressed or 'squashed' and stretched Went to adjust the resolution but there are only two options x what I understand to be the computer's native resolution it is a quot screen or x The only display option is 'Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' So I went to the Acer website to look at drivers but there are no driver options for Windows for my Acer model only Vista or XP I downloaded the VGA ATI driver that was there for vista and tried opening it in compatibility mode to no avail I also tried Compute gt System Properties gt Devise Manager gt Display Adapters gt Standard VGA Graphics Adapter gt Driver gt Update Driver which did nothing Finally I went to try a 'regedit' hack Increase your screen resolution with this Windows hack My Asus Eee PC which also did not work Anyone out there have any suggestions or can tell me what I'm doing wrong I'm new to this so maybe it's more obvious than I think Thanks Also everything else on Win OS seems to be working fine as far as programs audio etc As far as I can tell right now just the display is wrong

A:How do I resolve my issue with display driver on my Acer Aspire 5050?

Welcome to the forum

I think there is no update for your VGA driver but to be more sure you can download windows upgrade advisor to see what is applicable to your OS:

Download: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/228249-how-do-i-resolve-my-issue-display-driver-my-acer-aspire-5050-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone I am hoping for some help My laptop was working fine last night I either shut it down before I went to bed or not can't be certain I got up Acer display 7741Z-4643 Aspire on no laptop monitor this morning and pushed the power on heard sounds fan but no windows noises but I don't know if my volume was up the computer acts like it has booted up Light next to my power button is blue I have tried several troubleshooting steps Computer is running Windows has Avast antivirus installed connected to Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 laptop no display on monitor external monitor-no picture used the windows key and right arrow on keyboard to restart heard more computer noise but no sound turned sound up using the keyboard tried F when computer restarted pulled battery held down power button for minute put battery back in plugged in power cord and restarted put Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 laptop no display on monitor in music cd I can Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 laptop no display on monitor hear the dvd drive spinning but no sound again I don't know if it auto plays shined a flashlight at the monitor didn't see anything I am thinking it is my graphics card and I replaced one in another computer before so I feel I could do that I hated to buy one and try it thought if I wasn't pretty certain that is my problem Can anyone help with other troubleshooting steps I should try or provide any suggestions at all Thanks A VERY frustrated college student who has my homework assignment completed and ready to turn in on that computer Dawn

A:Acer Aspire 7741Z-4643 laptop no display on monitor

Laptops have integrated graphics/video...on the motherboard, there is no physical card to be replaced, so don't buy a graphics card.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511172/acer-aspire-7741z-4643-laptop-no-display-on-monitor/
Relevancy 67.08%

I bought my laptop like 1 month ago, and after update windows 8.1 Browinsg started extra slow, playing games with highest ping, While playing games i can see enemies but i cant do anything to them,After while when i opened my laptop i got black screen nothing was on only the power light were on. Somewhere say there is a unupdated BIOS...

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire R7 571 Black Screen while power light ...

Hi... Try a power reset. Unplug the adapter (power cord) off the laptop, if you have connected.On the bottom side of the laptop, you will see a small reset hole with a battery symbol.Please insert a thin object like a paper clip into this hole and hold it for 5 seconds.Then plug in the adapter.Turn on the laptop check for the issue. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R7-571-Black-Screen-while-power-light-on-amp-Low/td-p/211431/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

Acer Aspire 5742z won't boot when pressing power button, it is charging but hdd light doesn't turn and it just says there powered on but not booting.Thank you for your guidance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-5742z-won-t-boot-when-pressing-power-button-Please/td-p/455180
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all new to the forum, I have an Acer Aspire V3 731-4477. Now all of a sudden after opening the labtop for repair, the labtop wont power on unless i press a key from the keyboard. Also i have to do the same when plugin in the power cord to charge wich works fine and bayerry too, but wont charge unless i kress a key stroke, specially function of the left control key. Now i wonder if this is related to keyboard malfuctions? Thanks in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-731-4477-wont-power-on-if-i-dont-press-a-key-in/td-p/443191/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right. things i tried so far:resetting battery from backside.removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secfn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkgread some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking    

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

tried it didnt work. I have decided that its about time i put it into trash. The thing has been in and out of repair shop over 2 years. I have never had laptop that broke so easily without fault from user. Did you know First time i bought this with in 3 weeks speakers stopped working. than after 2 months whenever i turn it on it does disk check up. and into 6 months the whole thing died. it was under warranty so sent it to acer repair shop. got it back every thing worked at first. but in first week speaker stopped working again along with 1 usb port. within the 2 years i had this already spent enough for a new ultrabook. Even though my friends said acer is not a good, the thing looked so nice, so bought it anyway. I learned my lesson will never buy an acer product. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-wont-turn-on-blinking-power-led/td-p/434769
Relevancy 67.08%

I think the power switch/button on my desktop Acer Aspire X3400G is not working intermittently. The computer began not starting after pushing on the power button. It would begin to start then blue light would go out but the PSU fan would continue to run. I would unplug the power coard and plug it back in and the computer would start and run just fine. I replaced the PSU but now it is still not starting intermittently. I am looking for a new switch but can only find this one on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acer-Power-...ultDomain_0&hash=item20dd89eddd#ht_1000wt_900)
Does anyone know where I can get a new switch for this?

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-ax3400g-power-switch-button.1120154/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Power Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Acer Problem an Aspire E - - Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem notebook that keeps thinking it's unplugged and then Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem plugged back in With it just sitting on the table plugged in and the laptop on it will beep and the screen dims and the icon in the system tray changes to battery just like you umpugged the power cord while it's running except without touching it Then a second or two later it will beep again and the screen brightens up and the system tray icon changes back to being plugged in just like it would if you plugged it back in Sometimes it will do this constantly and sometimes it's several minutes or hours between occurences Once it thinks it's unplugged though it only takes a few seconds to think it's plugged in again I've already tried different outlets and a new power cord I'm thinking the next step is to take apart the laptop and check the dc power jack inside and the connections to it Anybody else have any ideas nbsp

A:Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem

What you are describing does not sound like normal behavior. It sounds like you have ruled out the power cord and that is good. The only two things that I can think that may cause this kind of behavior is a bad battery, the battery is fluctuating, or as you said the DC jack.

To determine that its not the battery, remove the battery and keep it plugged in and see how it reacts. If the problem disappears then it might be the battery. However, if the problem persists, please contact technical support for further assistance as it may require repair.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-4461-Intermittent-Power-Problem/td-p/328478/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an Aspire E - - notebook that keeps thinking it's unplugged and then plugged back in With it just sitting on the table plugged in and the laptop E1-531-4461 Aspire Acer Power Problem Intermittent on it will beep and the screen dims and the icon in the system tray changes to battery just like you umpugged the power cord while it's running except without touching Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem it Then a second or two later it will beep again and the screen brightens up and the system tray icon changes back to being plugged in just like it would if you plugged it back in Sometimes it will do this constantly and sometimes it's several minutes or hours between Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem occurences Once it thinks it's unplugged though it only takes a few seconds to think it's plugged in again I've already tried different outlets and a new power cord I'm thinking the next step is to take apart the laptop and check the dc power jack inside and the connections to it Anybody else have any ideas nbsp

A:Acer Aspire E1-531-4461 Intermittent Power Problem

What you are describing does not sound like normal behavior. It sounds like you have ruled out the power cord and that is good. The only two things that I can think that may cause this kind of behavior is a bad battery, the battery is fluctuating, or as you said the DC jack.

To determine that its not the battery, remove the battery and keep it plugged in and see how it reacts. If the problem disappears then it might be the battery. However, if the problem persists, please contact technical support for further assistance as it may require repair.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-E1-531-4461-Intermittent-Power-Problem/td-p/328478
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an acer aspire v3-571gOn trying to boot up my laptop by pushing the power button, the leds light up and the fan starts ( I can hear it spin) and the laptop starts but the screen remains black and does not even light up. The screen remains pitch black without any change at all.After force-shutdown 12 to 13 times, I rebooted my laptop and the screen suddenly started working.This happened once before as well and I didn't think much of it untill it happened again. I don't understand why the screen randomly chose to black out and not respond until after several restarts. I tried removing the battery, pressing power button for about 30 seconds, rebooting, starting without battery (with power source) and nothing worked. It randomly and unexpectedly started working (just like it had stopped).

A:Pitch Black Screen on power on (Acer Aspire V3-571...

During these random black screen episodes, do you think that Windows actually loads perhaps by hearing the sound of the Windows start melody? Also, is it possible that you somehow inadvertantly toggled the display off, that is, the Fn+F5 display toggle key combo switch? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Pitch-Black-Screen-on-power-on-Acer-Aspire-V3-571G-with-leds/td-p/306964
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello Im having a problem with my Acer Aspire All in One Z3-615 PC. Whenever I turn the computer on the light turns on and the fan runs loudly but the screen remains dark. I've been having this problem for a couple weeks now and this issue started at random. I've done research to make me believe something may have come loose inside but I may be wrong. All input would be helpful. Thank you!

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-Z3-615-Black-Screen-Power-button-lit-and-fan-running/td-p/466576
Relevancy 67.08%

My boyfriend s computer kept going to the black screen of death I could go to the Boot order screen but nothing else When I clicked F for BIOS settings it just went back to the black screen of death I found that generally a BIOS Acer BIOS Attempt Aspire One Power No After Flash flash will do the trick so I started following the instructions I formatted a memory stick loaded the files needed and properly named I turned the laptop off stuck the memory stick in held FN amp Acer Aspire One No Power After BIOS Flash Attempt Esc pressed the power Acer Aspire One No Power After BIOS Flash Attempt and let go of FN amp Esc I was super happy when the power button started flashing Here is where I messed up-big time I had two sets of instructions that were pretty much the exact same except one said that when the power light started flashing to push it and the other said not to I chose the wrong set-I pushed the power button and it shut off I thought maybe it would come back on in a few minutes by itself but Acer Aspire One No Power After BIOS Flash Attempt no luck So I went to start it over thinking this time to not push the power button But now it will not turn on at all When I put the battery in the battery light shows orange for half a second and then quickly fades away The same thing happens with the AC adapter Just to make sure I also tried with my own battery same model computer and AC adapter Same thing Tried the non-working computer s adapter and battery on my laptop-they worked fine I tried doing what I think is called a drain by taking the battery and adapter out of the non-working computer and holding the power down for about a minute plugging the adapter back in and pressing power Same thing happened-the orange light top left hand corner that shows that there is power being supplied showed very shortly before fading away Pressing the power button feels and acts as pointless as trying to turn a light switch on when the electricity is off I also tried another version of the drain I found-clicking the power five times while everything is unplugged and then trying Again no luck Please please please help me fix this I can not believe I pretty much destroyed a computer by pressing the power button I am heartbroken nbsp

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a black screen on my Acer Apire Laptop I am fairly good at fixing computer problems but this has me stumped This is what I have done so far Took off the battery and held down the power button for min then plugged the power back in without the battery and nothing happened tried this also with holding down the F and also again holding down the f button Nothing I thought it was the hard drive so I had bought a new one Black only Acer power light with Screen Aspire on and put it in and hit F and my computer started to boot up So I decided to put my old hard drive back in and by chance it came on and started to boot up also I was very happy and I used the computer for day with my power cord plugged in but when I unplugged it and went to plug it back in later and use it again it was back to the dreaded Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on Black screen As suggested I took my computer back apart and pulled out the both RAM memory cards and cleaned them and tried switching them in each others slot as suggested and re-booted the computer multiple times but to no avail Still nothing Another thing I notice My battery had gone bad a year ago and I bought another one and had been using it fine but it does get much much hotter than my old one as it runs So I don t know if it is shutting down over that or not I put it in the freezer for min as suggested by others and tryed turning it on again but still nothing ANY SUGGESTIONS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED nbsp

A:Acer Aspire Black Screen with only power light on

Usually computers shut off to prevent damage from overheating. i would check to see if the fans are even working or it could be that the motherboard has gone bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-black-screen-with-only-power-light-on.1123740/
Relevancy 67.08%

My R13 (R7-371T) DC Power Jack is loose and continues to flip-flop between charging and on battery, despite being plugged in.  This is the second time I have had this problem! The first time it was under warranty, so I sent it in to Acer who replaced it.  Warranty period is now over, but I have the problem again. I do use the laptop quite a bit, probably 10 hours per day, and in two different locations (home and office), so it gets plugged in and unplugged probably four times a day, every day.  But this in itself should not be a reason that it has this problem... Any suggestions on what to do here?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R13-R7-371T-Loose-DC-Power-jack/td-p/448234
Relevancy 67.08%

unit starts to power up in the normal way, optical/DVD drive operates for a few seconds and then unit powers off. no obvious reason for this. any suggestions?

oty, regards,

DH

A:Acer Aspire 5536 (MS 2265) Power Up failure

Can you hear (or see) the fan running when you power up? It could be dirty or clogged and the laptop may shut down to prevent permanent damage from inadequate cooling.

You can try removing any drives (HDD and DVD), all but 1 stick of memory (try one then the other) and see if it makes any difference. Obviously it won't boot w/o a drive, but if it stays on, that would tell us something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5536-ms-2265-power-up-failure.1047613/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all new to the forum, I have an Acer Aspire V3 731-4477. Now all of a sudden after opening the labtop for repair, the labtop wont power on unless i press a key from the keyboard. Also i have to do the same when plugin in the power cord to charge wich works fine and bayerry too, but wont charge unless i kress a key stroke, specially function of the left control key. Now i wonder if this is related to keyboard malfuctions? Thanks in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V3-731-4477-wont-power-on-if-i-dont-press-a-key-in/td-p/443191
Relevancy 67.08%

Yesterday when i tried turing my S7 on it would not turn on. The power led kept blinking. so I connected it to ac thinking it ran out of battery but the result was same.after reading some post online i reseted the battery, it did turn on. I quickly took backup of my work since it could happen again. And today it turned out i was right. things i tried so far:resetting battery from backside.removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secfn+f12. not working as soon as switch is pressed it starts blinkgread some post on flashing bios coundn't find the proper way for s7-392 so tried the one for s7-391. donwloaded bios. extracted it. copied to pendrive. held fn+esc then turn it on. didnt work as soon as power button is pressed led keeps blinking    

A:Acer Aspire S7-392 wont turn on blinking power led

Hello, removing the battery from inside and holding the power for 30 secIs the RTC battery? If no, I would try this:Remove the lower case (bottom)Disconnect the RTC battery for few secondReconnect it and try again

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-S7-392-wont-turn-on-blinking-power-led/td-p/434769/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an Acer Aspire 5745-5425 that when charger is plugged in to charge battery, laptop turns itself on, fan comes on, Bios screen loads, then it shuts right back off. Also has orange charging light on, that stays on. Unplug the battery charger and the laptop is dead in the water, Absolutely nothing. I was wondering if anyone might know what was going on with it Have even tried running just off the adapter, with the battery out. Nothing.

Relevancy 66.65%

When I start up my Acer Aspire 5250, I am at the starting windows stage for several minutes than when it loads it enters my profile which has taken up to 7 minutes, but when I enter the desktop is completely blank, except for my cursor. all I can see is my cursor. I can enter the BIOS menu fine so I am stumped. If anyone has this issue or knows how they solved it please let me know.

A:Acer Aspire 5250 running home premium desktop will not display.

You can work through the steps in Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start to check for infection, try repairing the boot and System files, to see if you can get into Safe Mode or normal boot, then continue until its fixed with the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

But if you have the Acer factory install then that is the worst install of Win7 one can have to begin with. So what I would do is Clean Reinstall Windows 7 following everything that works best in Win7 in tens of thousands of installs we've directly helped with here, and which has been used by over a million consumers without a single complaint.

Everything needed is in the blue link, and you'll get and keep a perfect install to the exact extent you stick with the tools and methods given.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354534-acer-aspire-5250-running-home-premium-desktop-will-not-display.html