Windows Support Forum

Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive

Q: Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive

Last spring my Aspire - which I'd only Hard - Aspire Case 7250-0209 for Drive had a year and a half or so met up with a leaking water bottle as I was toting it to a horse show where Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive I was going to use it for some scoring After it dried out I could get it to power up the light on the DVD drive would go on I could hear the hard drive spinning but nothing happened with the screen I Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive tried connecting it to an external monitor and nothing happens so I surmise the video card is fried nbsp nbsp Therefore it's time to open things up and harvest the hard drive I did this before with the assistance of some knowledgable friends and was able to put the hard drive into an inexpensive case that I bought online and it functioned Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive more or less like an external hard drive What I am wondering is what are the physical dimensions of the hard drive for this machine and what types of cables will I need I would like to buy the case ahead of time before I open things up and start fussing with it My other alternative is to take it to a local computer shop where a friend just had similar work done but that guy charged to do it and that's money I'd rather use for something else Thanks for any advice you might have Solved Go to Solution

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know. Last time I did this, the first case I bought was wrong and I'd rather not play trial and error again. I appreciate your help.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-7250-0209-Case-for-Hard-Drive/td-p/428723/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 67.51%

I see it can be done from an installed to an external, but can it be done in reverse, taking the external cased hard drive and cloning it to an internal? The old hard drive is from an xp laptop, and I can aquire another xp laptop if I can clone this way. Perhaps if I set the enclosure hard drive as master? All ideas are greatly appreciated. Many thanks

A:Clone a laptop hard drive from an external case to an internal hard drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clone-a-laptop-hard-drive-from-an-external-case-to-an-internal-hard-drive.1037757/
Relevancy 62.35%

I purchased a Sabrent 3.5 IDE external drive case so I can put in a Western Digital 500gb PATA drive. When we plug it into the USB port, it starts to recognize the drive and Windows 7 says that it is installing the driver and then we get the message driver installed failed. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this recognized?

The manufactures website says the drive is recognized up to a 3tb and supports Standard Desktop 3.5″ IDE/PATA Desktop Hard Drives. It is a model ECS-U35K

Thanks

Paul DiModica

A:External Drive case not recognizing hard drive

Hello dimodical,

Try opening up Disk Management with the external drive connected. See if Disk Management see the drive or not. If it sees the drive right click on the drive and try to initialize\format the drive.

Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453040/external-drive-case-not-recognizing-hard-drive/
Relevancy 61.92%

are there such things as cases that store/carry hard drives? i have an old hard drive that i'm retiring, but would like to hang onto, and keep protected. any suggestions on brands or websites i could check out?

A:hard drive case

try a big static-resistant bag haha =D

u can easily get them off a video card u install and have an extra bag...or you can go to a little computer repair shop near you and see if you can grab some there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-drive-case.154084/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi.

What is better to get for an external hard drive: a 3.5" case or a 5.25" case which may include a fan in the back? The reason I ask is that I am looking at the two cases below:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-146-184&depa=0

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-145-316&depa=0

and was wondering which was better when it comes to heat.

Thanks.

Relevancy 61.06%

Our computer went out about 2 weeks ago (the cache memory went out) and so we replaced it with a new computer, but we had just purchased and installed a new hard drive 3 months previous. We would like to save our old hard drive and we were told that if we bought an enclosure for it then we can hook it up to the computer, retrieve our files and use it as an external hard drive. My question is I am not sure what size case to buy. I went online and looked at external enclosures and the sizes are 2.5 or 3.5, but when I measured our hard drive it was 5 inches X 5 1/2 X 1/2 ", so now I am not sure what size enclosure I need. If someone could help me I would appreciate that.

A:Hard drive enclosure/case

If there is an enclosure sold for that unusual, but once common, hard drive, I don't know where you would find it.
You apparently have one of the very good, but unusually sized hard drives from the 90's that was found in several Gateway, HP, and Compaq computers... They came in various sizes from 3 GB to 12 GB to 20 GB... They will connect fine, but there is no enclosure.
You may need a tech's help, or some body experienced in saving data so you do not damage or lose what you have.
You need, temporarily, an IDE or EIDE computer... not one with a SATA drive...
But you can also use that drive WITHOUT the Enclosure... just the connector if you have total control of your working space.
I can send you a photo, but describing it is cumbersome.
Some enclosured require you to mount the drive (3.5 inches) in the enclose. Some do not.
One end has a power socket and a USB port with a small circuit board that is 4 inches wide and 2 inches long... with power cable and EIDE cable.
This will fit nicely on your hard drive, but it may be difficult for you to know how to do it unless you have experience putting your hands inside the case.
The device costs $27 to $40 depending on where you buy it.
one power cable goes to the power socket on the hard drive. The other cable, an EIDE 80 conductor, 40 connector cable connects to the computer business end of your hard drive.
Then you would place it on a non-conductive surface on a table or desk that will not be used for anything else until you are done.
Once it is connected, you plug the USB cable into the old drive contraption above and the other end into the computer in which the data will be moved.
The device has a power adapter that looks like the adapter to a laptop. It plugs into the wall on one end, and into the contraption on the other end.
With the power switch on, the hard drive acts like any other "Slave" drive, and you drag and drop or search or whatevefr from the computer... moving the data to the new computer.
You need to know something about how the file structure works.
If you are copying the address book, you need to know what software created the address book, and what email software created or saved the email files.
It is complicated to describe, but easily done.
I will be happy to send you a photograph onf one setup, and discover the brand name of the one that will work best for you, or even do it for you without charge.

It will be helpful for you to make several notes about what some of the file names might be, and what software created them.
It will not copy the programs in a workable format. You will still need to reinstall the software to from the original source in order to run the programs... but word, excel, powerpoint, photographs, images, Quickbooks, and other programs will read these files as they would any other.
We are open to questions if we are not clear enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-enclosure-case.134257/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an extra Maxtor 30GB HDD and am considering using it in a case but that is dependent upon what I may learn here.
My AMD system is described below. I think I may want to use this as an additional means of a backup for my PC.
I am hoping to see some replies giving the pros/cons and the type case and link to it that I may consider buying.
As usual, TIA.
Happy and SAFE July 4th to all.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey there.

Over the next few weeks or so I'll need to carry around my hard drive from home to work. Hard drives seem pretty fragile. Is there a case I can buy to carry it around and give it protection from the elements and magnets? Is there anything that I can build just out of domestic products?

Thanks,
NomadFunk.

A:Hard Drive Carrying Case

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/overview.jsp?pcid=pf&pvid=pca12

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-carrying-case.77442/
Relevancy 60.2%

This may sound a little bit funny but over the last several days one of my USB Hard drives has been disappearing from My Computer I have checked inside of Computer Managment to see it is their and it says it has to initialize drive hard XP the The in of disappearing case Windows it aka format So I used a program called GetDataBack for NTFS Version and when it is in the middle of scanning the drive the drive letter appears again Only to find a few hours later it is gone in My Computer and The case of the disappearing hard drive in Windows XP an unallocated drive in Computer Management saying it has to initialize it I can t figure this out I have ran a scandisk on the drive The case of the disappearing hard drive in Windows XP and booted into Windows Recovery to perform a scandisk but it doesn t go away I have had this drive for almost a year without any problems I am wondering if it could be the drive failing or some other hardware issue I am attaching my Event Viewer System log nbsp

A:The case of the disappearing hard drive in Windows XP

Initializing a disk does not format the disk.
The disk is assigned a drive letter and should then autoplay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-case-of-the-disappearing-hard-drive-in-windows-xp.102210/
Relevancy 60.2%

I would like to open the case of a Western Digital media center combo without destroying it. It appears to be designed with tabs and slots to snap together. There are no visible screws or rivets. I'm sure a knowledgeable service tech could pop it open easily given a few hints. WD tech support is unhelpful. Does anyone in this forum know the trick?

Relevancy 60.2%

Does anyone know where I can find an external SATA hard drive case with SATA internal connection and USB and SATA external and if possible, firewire external connection. I have a SATA hard drive and would like to make it portable but would like to keep the SATA speeds when possible.

Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

I have a 3.5 harddrive taken from a laptop and I bought a ENCLOSURE USB EXTERNAL CASE and I am having difficulties putting them together.

Does anyone has a user guide on how to attach them together.

Thank you.

Relevancy 60.2%

Looking at hard drive cases I m trying to find a decent one that s is quietly fanned stackable USB nad eSata connected for tg Sata In addition I ll have tb internal backup and am thinking about putting a cloned drive ready to go in the external case One feature I would like to see is some form of disconnect to totally seperate from the power supply I ve heard of shielded case best - quality ext hard seeking drive eSata ports - could anyone elaborate on these If I can t find a high seeking best ext hard drive case - quality quality stackable I like http www antec com usa productDetails php lan us amp id though it s pricey for a case as much as the drive Only drawback I see is the drive seeking best ext hard drive case - quality install isn t the easiest from the vids I ve seen on it but I think its built On another note is there really any difference between eSata and Sata I have an eSata header on motherboard that is connected to a pci slot But technically can t a straight Sata cable go right from Sata cable right out the case - Not entirely clear on the backplane concept nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-best-ext-hard-drive-case-quality.777593/
Relevancy 60.2%

I read an old post that said you can get a case for a hard drive (from a desktop, not laptop) and be able to access files (but not software) and a link to Newegg.com was included. I went to that site and am not sure how to choose the right one - do I need an AC adapter? And how do I know which internal interface I need?

The hard drive is in an emachines T3828 and is 80 GB, if that helps. My daughter had stories she had written stored on it - getting them off and ditching the rest is the goal. (The power switch seems to have died)

Thanks!

Relevancy 60.2%

In my computer, my 250 gig works great, but once I put it into my external enclosure, when I go to it in My Computer it says that it isn't formatted and needs to be before I can use it (PLUS, in disk management it says that it is limited to 31.50 gig) Someone please help ASAP, i spent all last night trying to get this thing working! thanks-

m

[email protected]

Relevancy 60.2%

Okay, this has been happening for around a week now. Admittedly, my available hard drive space is usually on the low side, but I swear I had over 1 GB free last week, and I've been saving most of my downloads to an external hard drive. The only things that I've been saving on the main hard drive are pictures and text files.

Yet my space keeps disappearing. I have a go-to directory of backed-up videos that I can delete from my hard drive, and I do that whenever my free space reaches 0 GB. I deleted a video that was around 143 MB just a few minutes ago and emptied the Recycle Bin, and my free space is already down to 117 MB.

Considering I haven't downloaded any big files to this hard drive recently, there's a lot of previously freed-up space that's simply unaccounted-for now. I have Windows 8. What could be causing this?

A:The case of the disappearing hard drive space

Hi there,

Please download WinDirStat and you'll be able to find out what's hogging the space in your hard drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/the-case-of-the-disappearing-hard-drive-space-884281.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
Have a pc with the Windows 7 Product key sticker on the case, but no hard drive. Can I install a hard drive and use this product key?

Thanks,
Joe

A:Windows 7 Product key on case, but no hard drive.

Yes. I can't see any reason why not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/332729-windows-7-product-key-case-but-no-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So I want to buy the following item from eBay.
It says that the max size it supports is 300GB.
My hard-drive is 320GB

Will:
a) the external hard-drive CASE recognize the HDD as 300GB and function normally?
or-
b) the external hard-drive CASE not recognise the HDD at all due to it being too big.

Thanks for your speedy help!

A:Question about 2.5" external hard drive case

A 320GB hard drive actually works out to be about 298GB. I believe the only way to know if the drive will work is to try it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-2-5-external-hard-drive-case.883734/
Relevancy 59.77%

I am building my own custom case does anyone know were i can buy the hard drive enclosures or bays already made I was looking for some 3.5 and the 5.25 or whatever size also for the cd roms. I am sure you can probably buy these somewhere but i guess i am not searching the right keyword.
Thanks Mr. Bill

Relevancy 59.77%

So I have 2 of these: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Momen...nternal/dp/tech-data/B00194EQZG/ref=de_a_smtd

and one of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822204018

I have 3 spots left in my case to mount HDDs. How can I do this? I have searched through Google with no luck and I'm basically a hardware noob. Or, probably the best option, would be to just mount the terabyte drive and access the other harddrives via USB in a very inexpensive way. (Bottom line is to access the seagate drives as inexpensively as possible, then to mount the fantom drive if possible)

Thanks for your time,
Mike

Relevancy 59.77%

I am looking into purchasing an external hard drive case for a hard drive for extra storage and portability. While looking at them, I see that some are made with aluminum so that the drive stays cool while others have fans. Does an aluminum case keep the drive cool enough?

A:External Hard Drive Case Heat Concern

Yes, the heat dissipation will probably be better than it would be internally fitted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-hard-drive-case-heat-concern.261417/
Relevancy 59.77%

i pulled the HD from my laptop and placed it in an 2.5" adaptec enclosure case. connected to both front and back USB ports. tried it connecting both USB cables, then only one (comes with two). Light always comes on, disk whirrs, "eject" icon shows up in system tray, but i can't see the device or files at all in explorer. tried the new 2.5" on a school computer and it worked just fine, so i'm guessing the new case is not the problem. my USB flash drive and printer work fine when they're connected (not now though). i have another 3.5" adaptec enclosure case that works just fine on this comp. there are no outstanding windows updates. also installed drivers that came with the case. i appreciate any assistance you can give me. thanks.

Relevancy 58.91%

Does anyone know how to open a Sony TXN case? My harddrive is dying, the system is out of warrantee, and I have a new toshiba zif drive on the way.

But I can't see how to open the case?

If anyone knows how to get the case open I'd greatly appreciate some advice!

Thanks!

Russ

Relevancy 58.91%

I use an WD external hard drive (1TB) for additional storage and it was working fine with no issues. The small USB connector broke off the board yesterday and I purchased a new enclosure and installed it. Now my computer does not recognize it as a storage device. I have all the data still on the HD and really do not want to loose it. Any advice on how to get the computer to recognize the external hard drive?

I tried adding a letter for the drive, but it does not show up to change the letter of the drive.

The PC is an HP that is about 4 months old. Windows 7, 64 bit.

Thanks for the assistance.

A:Existing external hard drive installed in new case, does not recognize

if the Hard drive is a SATA varient and not a IDE (which unless its ollld it wont be)

then you can simply open up your new pc case, and connect the drive directly to your motherboard using a SATA lead, and a serial power connection from your power supply.

If you dont have a spare SATA cable, then for now you can just use the power cable and lead from your DVD drive. This will allow you to back up your data for now, and will determine if the drive still works or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206050-existing-external-hard-drive-installed-new-case-does-not-recognize.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am searching for the best FIRE WIRE/USB COMBO Hard Drive Enclosure/ Case?

I would like usb 2.0 and firewire. Are these usb backward 1.0 capable from 2.0?

I don't want to go crazy with the price (approx. 35.00- 55.00). Can I get one for that price and where might i get it.

I have a western digital 8 MB Cache 200 gig HD (PURCHSED FOR 50.00 with rebates) and don't want to spend much more on the Enclosure.

(The drive states that I need 3.5 bay, ide interface and cd-ROM drive)

Thank you

A:FIRE WIRE/USB COMBO Hard Drive Enclosure/ Case?

Please only post the same query in one section, this has been asked and answered elsewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fire-wire-usb-combo-hard-drive-enclosure-case.302026/
Relevancy 58.91%

I am searching for the best FIRE WIRE/USB COMBO Hard Drive Enclosure/ Case?

I would like usb 2.0 and firewire. Are these usb backward 1.0 capable from 2.0?

I don't want to go crazy with the price (approx. 35.00- 55.00). Can I get one for that price and where might i get it.

I have a western digital 8 MB Cache 200 gig HD (PURCHSED FOR 50.00 with rebates) and don't want to spend much more on the Enclosure.

(The drive states that I need 3.5 bay, ide interface and cd-ROM drive)

Thank you

A:FIRE WIRE/USB COMBO Hard Drive Enclosure/ Case?

I'm using a pair of these http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-145-340&depa=0 and I have no complaints with them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fire-wire-usb-combo-hard-drive-enclosure-case.302025/
Relevancy 58.05%

I only see two SATA outlets on the mainboard and one is for the DVD and the other for the Hard Drive.How do I add a second internal hard drive? Do I have to buy a PCI card with a SATA outlet?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire T3-710 How Do I Add Second Hard Drive?

One final comment. The mother board did not include a screw to screw down the M.2 solid state memory. I would have appreciated such a screw.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-T3-710-How-Do-I-Add-Second-Hard-Drive/td-p/442967
Relevancy 58.05%

I only see two SATA outlets on the mainboard and one is for the DVD and the other for the Hard Drive.How do I add a second internal hard drive? Do I have to buy a PCI card with a SATA outlet?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-T3-710-How-Do-I-Add-Second-Hard-Drive/td-p/442967/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 58.05%

My Computer freezes and stops working only when im downloading a torrent or try to stream!
The Red Blinking light (Which im sure is for the Hard Disk) stops blinking once these freezes happen
When it freezes sometimes i cant even restart it with the restart button on the case and have to take its cable out.The problem has been on my computer for a year but i havent tried fixing it.

I had a blue screen of death once but that was months ago.
Havent ReInstalled Windows even once since ive got it last year.

Sidenote: I sometimes have Administrator problems and cant do some stuff when i am the administrator could that be the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379469-computers-freezes-computer-cases-red-light-hard-drive-stops-blinkin.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Aspire ZC-606 that won't boot. It chirps once and asks for "Reboot and select proper boot device" or insert boot media....I can boot to Setup and the Drive is missing, only the CD/DVD is there.I need to take the hard drive out and backup all the data on it and replace it.I can't find anywhere that shows me the removal process.I've replaced many HDD's in all-in-ones but have always found some instructions.Anyone help?? Pete 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire ZC-606 How can I replace hard drive

before changing the HDD i would try another SATA cable, the part number is: 50.U86D5.002 to open the back of your ZC, you need to open the 2 rubber feet at the bottom of the back cover and unscrew the 2 screws; then with a pin you need to push in the little hole of the DVD drive until it slide off; then you can lift the back cover.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-ZC-606-How-can-I-replace-hard-drive/td-p/420282/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 57.62%

hi bought a acer aspire and wish to add a second hd.  there is a space for the second hd but cannot find a SATA slot on the mother board or a data slot either

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/HOW-DO-INSTALL-A-SECOND-HARD-DRIVE-TO-A-ASPIRE-220/td-p/462233
Relevancy 57.62%

Aspire ZC-606 that won't boot. It chirps once and asks for "Reboot and select proper boot device" or insert boot media....I can boot to Setup and the Drive is missing, only the CD/DVD is there.I need to take the hard drive out and backup all the data on it and replace it.I can't find anywhere that shows me the removal process.I've replaced many HDD's in all-in-ones but have always found some instructions.Anyone help?? Pete 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire ZC-606 How can I replace hard drive

before changing the HDD i would try another SATA cable, the part number is: 50.U86D5.002 to open the back of your ZC, you need to open the 2 rubber feet at the bottom of the back cover and unscrew the 2 screws; then with a pin you need to push in the little hole of the DVD drive until it slide off; then you can lift the back cover.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-ZC-606-How-can-I-replace-hard-drive/td-p/420282
Relevancy 57.62%

the ram and hard drive has a easy access panel, but the battery is internal. i was told to remove/disconnect the battery when upgrading the ram or hard drive. my problem is the hard drive and ram have a access panel while the battery does not, to disconnect or remove the battery you have to take apart the whole laptop. so is it safe to upgrade the memory and hard drive with the battery still in the laptop?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/how-to-upgrade-the-ram-and-hard-drive-on-a-aspire-e5-575g-5341/td-p/459381
Relevancy 57.62%

My Aspire V - T has stopped working last Saturday and I can't fix it V15 Drive Problem Hard Aspire nbsp It basically started when it froze in MS Office and restarted Since then it refuses to boot up nbsp It hangs on the Acer logo with no sign of Aspire V15 Hard Drive Problem the operating system funtional The loading sign doesn't even show up nbsp Occasionally it shows a blue screen quoting Your PC couldn't start properly along with the description of A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error Code xc f nbsp I have tried bootrec exe FixBoot ScanOS RebuildBCD I've tried startup repair stating Repairing Disk Errors this may take over an hour to complete with no progress overnight I've tried updating the UEFI BIOS with no help Not to mention the Hard Disk Password in the Security tab is labeled frozen I've even tried a clean install failing with couldn't write to regristry nbsp Could this mean hard drive failure I mean I'd think it'd be unlikely since I've only had the laptop for five months

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V15-Hard-Drive-Problem/td-p/448710
Relevancy 56.76%

While trying to replace the hard drive in my Acer Aspire One 722-0473 I accidentally yanked the had drive cable off of the motherboard.I can't quite tell whether I need a new cable or if I am missing a part that snaps into place and attaches the cable to the motherboard securely. Please advise what I need to do.ThanksPhil

A:Acer Aspire One hard drive cable

i don't think you need parts. the HDD card connector is the big one under near (JHDD) the fan connector (JFAN), you just to slip the HDD cable inside and push back the connector. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-One-hard-drive-cable/td-p/394668
Relevancy 56.76%

How do I find the correct hard drive replacement for my Acer Aspire 5004WLMi without paying Acer? When I call they want me to talk to a pay to fix guy and all I want is to buy a replacement 100G drive.

Relevancy 56.76%

My hard drive broke down so Im getting  new one, but I need to know if a standard hard drive will fit it with no problem?

A:How thick is the hard drive for an a acer aspire m...

From this thread, I think it's 7mm.https://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Upgrading-an-Aspire-M5-581T-Hard-Drive/td-p/331...

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/How-thick-is-the-hard-drive-for-an-a-acer-aspire-m5-581t-6405/td-p/461635
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Acer Aspire 7750-6423 with a 17" screen. It includes a second hard drive bay with a connector for a 2.5" SATA drive. However, the bay is very shallow due to the shape of the laptop's bottom cover. (The bay with the factory installed drive is much deeper.) A drive 9 mm thick will not allow the cover to be replaced. It appears the portion of the drive toward the front of the laptop would need to be 2 mm or less. Other than that, a drive can be connected as I verified using an old, failed drive from a netbook.

Anyone know how to use this drive bay? Is there an alternate bottom cover with enough clearance, for instance? Or is the bay intended for some other use.

A:2nd Hard Drive for Aspire 7750-6423

I have the same notebook and love it except they said it had 4 RAM slots but really only has 2 (1 slot per bay). What I did was bought a Cousair 60GB SATA-II SSD since like you I measured the bay room and found a regular 2.5" drive would not fit. So I took the case off the SSD and it fits easily, in fact I wrapped ESD foam around the board of my SSD so that it wouldn't flip-flop around in the bay. I had to change the boot order to boot off of HDD1 instead of HDD0 were the WD640GB drive is and I only have the OS on the SSD with my profile folders (Desktop, My Documents, Favorites, and so on...) and programs intalled to the 640GB drive. I got the SSD on sale for $80 and I didn't void the warranty when I pulled the case off because the sticker was not placed across the seam of the case, lucky!

It works great and my boot time is around 20 seconds, very fast!

Hope that helps,
Stevo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2nd-hard-drive-for-aspire-7750-6423.1038938/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey this crap just screwed me over by making me log in after writing this up while I was already logged in so I got an error and lost everything I wrote so I m going to try to make it brief My quot Acer Aspire One notebook got a virus and died within like a day This was a while ago Recently I took it out to try to get it working again and it actually did start up at first but after started doing the same stuff where it won t start up back to square one I ve tried System Recovery but get an Error no luck I need to somehow wipe the hard drive via a USB thumb drive as the little -incher has no CD drive Also the computer I have that I m working on with is a Mac so I need to know how One -- wipe Aspire hard to drive Acer need to set up whatever I need Acer Aspire One -- need to wipe hard drive for the little Acer using a Mac I tried resetting updating the BIOS also Acer Aspire One -- need to wipe hard drive to no avail The only thumb drive I have is a GB so I created a GB FAT partition within it and tried using that for the BIOS but it didn t work I don t know if I need it to boot from that partition or something but I don t know how to do that anyway So there you have it I need some clear detailed accurate instructions on how to do this PLEASE Acer Aspire One -- need to wipe hard drive I NEED this little thing fixed now Thanks so much I definitely immensely appreciate the help Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I was having problems with my Pc It was not booting up So I tried different things on it I ran CHKDSK I took off the battery BIOS I re-installed the BIOS I Reset the OS to Factory Settings I installed Ubuntu withing Windows with the Wubi Application and when I tried installing problem Hard on Aspire Drive Acer X1200 Ubuntu from a disk it dindt let me cuz it was not eading the Hard Drive so what I did is to buy a new one so I bought I replaced it and what happened is that the first time I booted the pc It froze during the POST and it had white strippes all over the screen but it did beep one time so I turned it off turned it back on and nothing came no beeps and the Hard Drive problem on Acer Aspire X1200 monitor wasnt reading anything and thats my problem The New HDD was empty of course so I dont know what went wrong The old HHD was a WD AAJS The new one is a WD JS I only know that WD stands for Western Digital and the is for the amount Hard Drive problem on Acer Aspire X1200 of memory I dont know what AAJS or JS mean so I dont know if this is what is causing the problem nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I just bought this and the hard drive is already filling up fast. Will getting an SD card make a difference? What can I do about this? I won't be doing anything fancy on it - just internet access and using the basic 3 MS Office products. Right now there's only 654 MB of space left. I have not yet installed my printer driver on it because I want to see what the resposnes are. Should I get an SD card and install the printer driver on the SD card? More info:eMMC 16GB2GB DDR3 L Memory Thanks!

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hard-drive-filling-up-fast-on-my-Acer-Aspire-One-Cloudbook-11/td-p/447238
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an acer aspire one 532h, and I want to hit it up with some performance upgrades. Now for $50 bucks, i can get a 2gb 800mhz ram,or upgrade the hard drive to a 7200 rpm one. What do you guys think would help most, the ram or the hard drive? Also, does this netbook even support 800mhz ram? And is the hard drive 2.5" or 1.8"?..Thx

A:Acer Aspire netbook upgrade, hard drive or RAM?

See this linkf or memory:
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?mfr=Acer&model=Aspire+One+(532h)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-netbook-upgrade-hard-drive-or-ram.147145/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello Have an Acer Aspire which periodically much more as of late will not boot and going to the bios to look at stuff the Hard drive and the dvd drive are not even mentioned other times it will just boot normally have windows on this one already tried many things re-install windows install another windows change HD flash bios re-seat processor etc lately out of desperation I found out recognize hard bios Acer or not Aspire dvd drive does by sheer coincident that if I bend the laptop a little thous bending the mobo it will recognize all and start just fine as long as I hold Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd it this way it will work as soon as I release it it will freeze and die on me already opened all panels and looked if there were any cracks on the mobo but none were discovered BTW for some reason the bios says this is an aspire and the body and sticker says it is a I also looked Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd up to sell it on e-bay and see at least of them sell as is for the same exact reason any one has any idea Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd s anyone can help before i get rid of it Thanks nbsp

A:Acer Aspire bios does not recognize hard drive or dvd

Look for a bios update for your model on the Acer support site, and update the bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-bios-does-not-recognize-hard-drive-or-dvd.139593/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, So this morning I went to turn on my computer and after it got past the acer screen it went to a black screen with a white underscore cursor and didn' t go past. The hard drive starts up when I turn it on and the hdd light is on, but just before the black screen the light flickers and turns off and the hdd stops spinning. I have no idea what to do and this is my only computer with important stuff on it. If somebody has any idea, that would be great! Thanks 

A:Aspire 5750z-4877 not reading hard drive.

Hello, Do you see HDD in the Information and Boot tabs in the bios setup utility?Start your laptopPress [F2] when you'll see the Acer logo to enter the utility

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750z-4877-not-reading-hard-drive/td-p/454998
Relevancy 56.33%

My Pc is ASPIRE am3450-er21P, is it support internal 3TB hard drive.It is Window 7 64bit home premium edition.Thanks all.

A:Is ASPIRE am3450-er21P support 3TB hard drive

Windows will see all 3TB as long as a 64 bit OS is used . To boot from it, it has your motherboard has to use EFI firmware and  It also has to be formatted in GPT and not MBR.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Is-ASPIRE-am3450-er21P-support-3TB-hard-drive/td-p/428992
Relevancy 56.33%

My Pc is ASPIRE am3450-er21P, is it support internal 3TB hard drive.It is Window 7 64bit home premium edition.Thanks all.

A:Is ASPIRE am3450-er21P support 3TB hard drive

Windows will see all 3TB as long as a 64 bit OS is used . To boot from it, it has your motherboard has to use EFI firmware and  It also has to be formatted in GPT and not MBR.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Is-ASPIRE-am3450-er21P-support-3TB-hard-drive/td-p/428992/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.33%

my laptop is an acer which has:
intel core 2 duo t6400 (2 ghz,800mhz fsb, 2 mb l2 cache)
15.6" hd acer cinecrystal lcd
1244mb mobile intel graphics media accelerator 4500mhd
4gb ddr2
500gb hdd
dvd-super multi dl
802.11a/b/g/draft-n wlan
its a hardware thing....................
its one hard drive which has vista home premium|acers erecovery partition-hidden| Ubuntu 9.04...........with Grub bootloader

basically i want to remove the hardrive, then put in a smaller capacity hardrive where i install ubuntu and windows 7 on it......

the question is would i be able to swap the hardrives around... without damage to the 500gb installed OS'....i.e. when i dont' want to use the 80gb i plug in the 500gb and the installed OS' load normally with no errors...

A:acer aspire 5735-hard drive swap

If I understand you correctly I think you mean you want to be able to swap between 2 hard drives on your laptop, please correct me if I'm wrong

In answer to your question, yes you can do this without damaging the operating system on your HDDs but be sure to remove them when the machine is powered down.

I have had experience with replacing HDDs on various laptops including Acers and just wanted to give you the heads up that it can be more difficult than you think to get into the HDD bay; especially if you have to remove the whole plastic case to get to it.

However why do you not simply buy a cheap USB 2.5" caddy and put your smaller drive in there, then boot from it via USB? It would not require you to open up the laptop every time and would in most case be more convenient for both sharing files and quick OS changes. The only downside is that your drive may not have the performance of it's internal counterpart but that shouldn't be too noticeable in most cases.

Oli

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277005-acer-aspire-5735-hard-drive-swap.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have an Acer Aspire computer designed for windows XP but is vista capable. on it I have a FAT32 drive which is full (72 GB), and an NTFS drive which is completely empty (72 GB). Both are primary partitions ATM. I tryed to download a patch for this game but it says I need more space.
Is there some way for me to use the NTFS drive?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-xp-unused-secondary-hard-drive.977882/
Relevancy 56.33%

What software and drivers do I need from acer following a clean install of new operating system? Have installed Windows 7 Ultimate.

A:I have an Aspire M1100 and hard drive failed. clea...

As per mentioned details for the Acer Aspire M1100 computer, Windows 7 Operating System does not have supported drivers available. Please find the below given link for more details:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers It is suggested to install Windows Vista Operating System in your computer. Hope this will help you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-an-Aspire-M1100-and-hard-drive-failed-clean-install-of/td-p/420017/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello everyone.

OK, everything began since the monitor got damaged and was in a bootloop after hibernating Windows. So, we decided to repair the laptop, they said they no longer have parts for the monitor (although it got itself fixed while going home), but they fixed the bootloop. It was a installed with a Windows 8. After I opened "This PC", the 2nd hard drive was missing. My mom asked if they removed it or not, Acer replied that they did not removed the hard drive. I tried installing Windows 7, but the installer only saw the 1st drive. After installing Windows 7, I checked the BIOS (InsydeH20 Setup Utility), but it just really showed up the 1st one. So for now, I am only using 1 drive, and trying to keep my drive to have more space. Is there any fix for it? Please reply.

A:Acer Aspire 4736Z - My 2nd hard drive was gone after repair

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the exact Model Number of your Laptop ? ...
What size of Hard Drive did you get as a replacement ? ...
Are you sure your Original Hard Drive was not just partitioned ? ...
What was the size of your Second Hard Drive ? ...
Was it an SSD ? ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/359287-acer-aspire-4736z-my-2nd-hard-drive-gone-after-repair.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've been dealing with a Acer Aspire All-In-One that I purchased and have the receipt but all of a sudden it went to a black screen and said Hard Drive is Locked Nobody has access to my PC but me and I have never put a password on my HDD or BIOS I put Locked Acer Aspire passw... All-In-One Drive: Hard No in my thumb drive which has the recovery files on it but it states the HDD is Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw... locked as well Now when I turn on the PC it says to Reboot Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw... and select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected device and press any key I've looked all over GOOGLE and all I am finding from other's with the same problem Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw... is that it is a ploy by ACER to get more money from consumers Supposedly they lock the HDD and force you to PURCHASE a code to unlock the HDD I'd like to know if this is true and if not then I'd like to know how to fix this issue I spent a lot of money on this computer and have not gotten to use it in over a year now because of this issue And of course the warranty I purchased was only available for -year only so it is now expired

A:Acer Aspire All-In-One Locked Hard Drive: No passw...

can you please chck if your HDD password is set to frozen on BIOS?press Del at boot to enter BIOS:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen#_ga=1.262809484.160920...

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-All-In-One-Locked-Hard-Drive-No-passwords-set-up-How/td-p/401898/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello. I have an Acer Aspire One AOA150 netbook, and it was showing UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME as a stop error for windows XP. I tried using the Recovery Console to repair the disk errors, but the utility gave me an error saying the drive had one or more unfixable errors. After this, the hard drive was no longer recognized by the BIOS. What can I do to fix this problem? If the problem requires a hard drive replacement, what size hard drive do I need to get (1.8" or 2.5")?

A:Acer Aspire One AOA150 hard drive not detected in BIOS

You need a 2 1/2" laptop hard drive either SATA or IDE. Be sure to remove the drive and check for this before you buy a replacement laptop hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-one-aoa150-hard-drive-not-detected-in-bios.167683/
Relevancy 55.47%

Aspire 5755G-9417 current (original) HD is 1TB. I'm looking to replace it with a larger one. Can I use a 1.5TB or 2TB HDD in this unit or is there some limitation on capacity? Also, the original drive height is 12.5mm. It looks like I can use a 9.5mm drive as a replacement and the caddy will keep it from moving around. Is this correct? Will the caddy hold it firmly in the correct position or will I need to use something to fill the gap and keep the HD stable? Thx. Other info in case it's helpful:OS: Windows 7 Ultimatefirst 10 characters of SN: LXRQ002092

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5755G-9417-largest-hard-drive-capacity/td-p/440279/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Aspire 5755G-9417 current (original) HD is 1TB. I'm looking to replace it with a larger one. Can I use a 1.5TB or 2TB HDD in this unit or is there some limitation on capacity? Also, the original drive height is 12.5mm. It looks like I can use a 9.5mm drive as a replacement and the caddy will keep it from moving around. Is this correct? Will the caddy hold it firmly in the correct position or will I need to use something to fill the gap and keep the HD stable? Thx. Other info in case it's helpful:OS: Windows 7 Ultimatefirst 10 characters of SN: LXRQ002092

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire 5755G-9417 largest hard drive capacity

For a legacy bios system such as yours, you should be OK with up to a 2TB MBR partitioned disk. You can go beyond 2TB with a GUID partitioned disk but cannot boot from it. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn653580(v=vs.85).aspx Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5755G-9417-largest-hard-drive-capacity/td-p/440279
Relevancy 55.47%

Can this work and does anyone have an easy step by step guide to doing it? The Acer has so many hardware problems it's not even funny and I got 4 Dell gx280's without hard drives for free.

A:Acer Aspire T180 hard drive in a Dell gx280 sff?

I got the hard drive in the computer but I'm getting this screen:

Intel (r) Grantsdale-G PCI Accelerated SVGA BIOS
Build Number: 3329 PC Dev. 04/12/2004 17:02:24
DECOMPILATION OR DISASSEMBLY PROHIBITED
Copyright (C) 2000-2003 Intel Corp. All Rights Reserved
Any way I can make this work?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/292781-acer-aspire-t180-hard-drive-dell-gx280-sff.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently purchased this touchscreen all-in-one from Costco and would like to upgrade the memory to 16 and maybe put in an SSD.  Is that possible on this machine?  Any instructions on how to do so?  Thanks.

A:Aspire A7600U-UR24 Upgrade to Memory/Hard Drive.

Hello, You'll find all informations about your A-I-O on the Crucial website.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-A7600U-UR24-Upgrade-to-Memory-Hard-Drive/td-p/356181
Relevancy 55.47%

I recently purchased this touchscreen all-in-one from Costco and would like to upgrade the memory to 16 and maybe put in an SSD.  Is that possible on this machine?  Any instructions on how to do so?  Thanks.

A:Aspire A7600U-UR24 Upgrade to Memory/Hard Drive.

Hello, You'll find all informations about your A-I-O on the Crucial website.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Aspire-A7600U-UR24-Upgrade-to-Memory-Hard-Drive/td-p/356181/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

I need to replace my hard drive, can someone recommend what i need to get and where? preferably amazon....

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-One-D270-1824-hard-drive-Please-advise/td-p/449822
Relevancy 55.47%

This is my first time here and post .not shur if im the right place.A lady with kids and no money ask me to try and fix a  couple puters for the kids homework stuff.This one just needed a hard drive.  i replaced and all I had was a win 7 32 bit. software to load on . I got it running great exceptwireless needs 2 drivers to finish it up fo that I cant seen to find a[ PCI simple communications controller and network controller] that will work on this.   I looked it up here and found out it  sold new with win 7 64bit   and all have on hand  for this is a 32bit disk. I have tried all the wireless  driver,s that acer has listed but they will not work.I need a way around this.  if anyone  knows a crue  please pass it on. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/aspire-5349-2592-wihout-a-good-hard-drive/td-p/432102/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

This is my first time here and post .not shur if im the right place.A lady with kids and no money ask me to try and fix a  couple puters for the kids homework stuff.This one just needed a hard drive.  i replaced and all I had was a win 7 32 bit. software to load on . I got it running great exceptwireless needs 2 drivers to finish it up fo that I cant seen to find a[ PCI simple communications controller and network controller] that will work on this.   I looked it up here and found out it  sold new with win 7 64bit   and all have on hand  for this is a 32bit disk. I have tried all the wireless  driver,s that acer has listed but they will not work.I need a way around this.  if anyone  knows a crue  please pass it on. 

A:aspire 5349-2592 wihout a good hard drive

Try downloading the 64 bit drivers, then installing the hardware via device manager/ad new hardware wizard, not the installation executable that comes in the download.If you are using a legitimate licensed copy of Windows 7, the Windows update utility should also search and find the most appropriate driver through an ethernet connection after it usually installs a generic driver for the ethernet option. Last, you can also look online and try to source the .iso file for a 64 bit version.  Which is what I would recommend.  I used a site called getintopc for the home version of both the 32 bit and 64 bit iso Windows 7 files awhile back.  Almost right after Microsoft pulled the iso's from their site.  I'm not sure if that site still works.  Otherwise you can try sourcing the iso files on your own.  But running a 64 bit OS on a x64 machine is usually ideal for a lot of reasons, one of them obviously being the OE installation files are ready, and you don't need to mess with workarounds.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/aspire-5349-2592-wihout-a-good-hard-drive/td-p/432102
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys I m a bit desperate right now Here s the thing I have an acer g English bought in the Netherlands out of warranty original HD GB western digital included with windows home premium The hard disk is dying Everytime I restart windows demands a launch repair that takes HOURS otherwise it won t boot and will restart I bought a brand new Momentus XT GB It was fairly simple to remove the original disk and replace it physically Problems start with trying to install an OS on the acer -First off I went to the bios and set it to boot up first with the optical drive so I can use the recovery DVDs that I created on day one when I purchased the laptop It just doesn t doesn t do anything when I put the first one and restart Only the prompt blinking and the disk even stops spinning -I made New hard on drive 7 5740 can't windows acer aspire install sure the DVD drive reads discs I put back my old hdd waited till I can use windows again hours after launch repair and tried to read many DVDs and they all seem fine -Back to New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 the new drive installed No recovery I researched a bit and found out that erecovery only works New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 on acers with the quot hidden partition quot on the disk that came from factory Gotta find New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 another plan -I downloaded a copy of windows GB and burned the iso file on a blank DVD with hopes of installing it and then activating it with my key - Inserted Windows DVD created with the microsoft tool Same problem no reading I check again if my optical drive can read at all checked it reads DVDs - At this point I m not sure what else to do What I want All important files I had in my old hard disk are backed up somewhere else I just need to get rid of the dying disk and replace it with my brand new hd and install windows on it and then activating it I just can t seem to do this any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7

Try formatting the new drive using something like this:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
then try and install Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-on-acer-aspire-5740-cant-install-windows-7.192341/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi.I've been attempting to upgrade the hard drive on my acer aspire 4920. from 120gb to 320 gb .Tried using recovery disks but after successful install I get the restart message then nothing on reboot.Also tried cloning the original disk to the new drive but still no luck. (get the restart loop)Been considering updating to the latest bios (version 1.21) but leaving that action open as a last resort.Anyone help with this?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-aspire-hard-drive-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/442815/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi.I've been attempting to upgrade the hard drive on my acer aspire 4920. from 120gb to 320 gb .Tried using recovery disks but after successful install I get the restart message then nothing on reboot.Also tried cloning the original disk to the new drive but still no luck. (get the restart loop)Been considering updating to the latest bios (version 1.21) but leaving that action open as a last resort.Anyone help with this?

A:Acer aspire hard drive upgrade doesn't work.

You didn't say which OS you have but with Windows 7-up you should be able to create a recovery flash drive and save a system image on a hard drive. Then use the recovery drive to restart the machine with the new disk and when asked, tell it to recover from the system image you saved. ps this works if going from a smaller to an equal or larger disk but not to a smaller one. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-aspire-hard-drive-upgrade-doesn-t-work/td-p/442815
Relevancy 55.04%

Soo I own an Acer Aspire V - G- laptop before the crash it was running windows which came preinstalled hard-drive disk Acer-Aspire recovery laptop died, V3 no The other day I had gotten a USB in order to make a recovery disk for Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk my laptop A few days before the hd corrupted and I had to completely reformat using its recovery partition but then before I could make said recovery disk the HD started 'buzzing' and needless to say it's dead now So I ordered an erecovery disk from Acer the other day and purchased a decent looking SS hard-drive I have the new hard-drive installed but who knows when the recovery disk will arrive So here's where you geniuses come in So I'd rather not wait for the disk to arrive as it might take up to weeks My brother informed me that I should be able to download windows online and use the product key that's usually listed on the back of the laptop However there is no win product key on the back - So I'm at a loss his laptop has a windows product key but mine doesn't Is it located somewhere else that I'm not looking I checked the bios but at first glance it didn't appear to be there and that's as far as I've gotten Any advice on how to get win onto my system legally without any more purchases so that I can be using my new SS-hd laptop preferably tonight Also possibly useful info I own a student copy of Win Ultimate upgrade that i'm not using which I would be fine using on my laptop but it is not a copy it is the upgrade so it requires a previous OS to be installed I own a student copy of Windows Vista upgrade that does not say it requires a previous OS to be installed I think the store sold me both so that I could have win at the time I've tried booting with both disks the vista loads and then freezes after the loading bar hits completion the win upgrade disk makes it a step further taking me to a windows loading screen and then freezes there Ok go p s I will love you forever if you help me TY

A:Acer-Aspire V3 laptop hard-drive died, no recovery disk

The Windows 8 key is embedded in the BIOS, there is no COA sticker.

I believe you will have to wait for the recovery disk if you want Windows 8 as you will not be able to download a Windows 8 ISO without a retail key. Microsoft really screwed this up and has made no attempts to fix it.

You can do a clean install of a Windows 7 upgrade disc, see here: Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52640-acer-aspire-v3-laptop-hard-drive-died-no-recovery-disk.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi All Recently my older Acer Aspire - notebook hard drive failed on me It s about yrs old Was running Vista Home I of course like an never burned the recovery media from the hard drive And it s just my luck that Acer no longer has the recovery media available They told me there was nothing recovery no hard media Acer longer failed... available? drive Aspire they could do for me and directed me to Microsoft My question is this I have Windows Vista home running on my Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available? Desktop If I smack in a new hard drive in the notebook can I use the recovery media from the Desktop to reinstall the OS on the notebook If not do I have any other options I guess I could always run Ubuntu I know this is an older notebook not necessarily worth a lot but I d like to keep this running for my wife She uses it primarily for web surfing and she s hogging my laptop like crazy every since her s died Thanks in advance Frank nbsp

A:Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available?

You can't legally used your Desktop's recovery media on your laptop (also because usually manufacturer's build such medium for a particular piece of hardware, with all drivers etc. pre-installed).

I think you can either choose to run Ubuntu or you can get one of those cheap OEM windows media from e.g. newegg. However, one draw back of this is, I believe you can't get any help from Microsoft directly, if you ever need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-hard-drive-failed-recovery-media-no-longer-available.153073/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire T300 XP computer with a 40 GB harddrive.

I am considering adding a 750 GB Seagate HDD, but it has been suggested to me that the T300 motherboard will not recognise as much as 750 GB.

Can somebody please advise on this.

My system details are

Product Acer Aspire T300 Version Acerpower Serial Number 0321005

CPU Intel Celeron 4A, 2000 MHz ( 5 x 400 ) CPU Alias Northwood-128

Motherboard Chipset SiS 651 System memory 503 MB ( DDR SDRAM)

Motherboard ID 03/05/203-Sis-61-6A6IXDDC-00
Motherboard name unknown

Effective clock 400MHz
Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Many thanks. bj_van

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-maximum-size-hard-drive-acer-aspire-t300-mb-will-recognise.710742/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello about weeks ago my wifes acer aspire laptop showed an unwelcomed operating system not found on the screen I have since removed the cover and felt and listened to Acer hard Aspire 5536 Will Samsung work in drive HN-M101MBB the hard drive and it is definitely not even spinning up either that or it s the most calm quiet hard drive ever I think the hard drive failed I am considering purchasing the hard drive listed below for this acer aspire computer will this hard drive work in this computer I don t want to make the mistake of purchasing it and find out it doesn t work because it s too much capacity or LBA addressing is incorrect or some other reason the expert advice I request is most appreciated here s links to newegg and info about the hard drive http promotions newegg com NEemai MC-IGNEFL - -EMC- -Index- -E - -All http www newegg com Product Produ -Index- -LaptopHardDrives- - -L O SAMSUNG Will Samsung HN-M101MBB hard drive work in Acer Aspire 5536 Spinpoint M HN-M MBB TB RPM MB Cache quot SATA Gb s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive nbsp

A:Will Samsung HN-M101MBB hard drive work in Acer Aspire 5536

Basically, it depends on what version of Windows you are running and make sure that the laptop has a SATA or PATA connection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-samsung-hn-m101mbb-hard-drive-work-in-acer-aspire-5536.186635/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok I really need HELP I literally spent all last week reading researching this issue but this one is over my head so after being up ALL night trying to figure it out I am pleading for some one on this wonderful forum to assist me Acer Aspire One D aka kav typical drive&partion problem Aspire Acer Netbook D250 hard netbook with no external DVD Drive I bought nearly identical ones for my grandkids Here Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem s what happened One of them became terribly infected with trojans rootkits worms you name it The other grandchild who is learning about computers decided to quot fix quot it He cleaned the computer and the system was clean but locking up and not running well He said the took the quot good quot hard drive out and tried to quot clone quot it OVER top of the bad one Now it won t boot at all Currently when trying to boot it says the drive needs formatted please see the pic that shows the partitions Also when I put it in an external enclosure it also tells me it needs formatted I really need step by step on how to correct the problem BTW I have NO recovery disks - only the restore function Acer Aspire D250 Netbook hard drive&partion problem built in which isn t working I have made an UBCD and also Hiren s but I am not familiar with the commands So I am guessing that the MBR is messed up and the partitions as well If one of you fine folks could walk me thru I will forever be indebted to you Thanks so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-d250-netbook-hard-drive-partion-problem.1038780/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all I hope someone can help me with the problem I'm encountering and going mad My acer aspire one happy few days ago died or so I thought I apologize-I am a woman with no computer tech experience so please bear with me After normal working day I work online the next morning it didn't start No sound normal just acer logo and half an [SOLVED] raw boots D Acer drive 0ne hour/hard Aspire then black screen After few attempts I just left it and amazingly after more than half an hour it did boot Everything looked normal-the greeting sound the desktop with all icons but when I try to click on something-computer either loads like for example 'my computer' minutes it does recognize USB drive but same-takes ages to open something or it freezes so is impossible to work [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 0ne boots half an hour/hard drive D raw or do anything So with the help of friend who borrowed me computer I googled for solution but Im still in blind spot [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 0ne boots half an hour/hard drive D raw When I finally came after minutes into disk management since in my computer I see both hard drive C and D but it doesn't show no data on D-but it was almost full it shows following C NTFS Healthy Gb and free space Gb D RAW Healthy Primary partition Gb Capacity and free space same Gb System reserved NTFS Healthy Mb and free Mb So my guess is that disk D which shows no data on - thankfully I back them before I got S M A R T virus attack - solved but maybe still something is the rotten apple and causing this slow respond and freezing of computer I have no idea what to do For any advice from you I would be deeply grateful Thank you Simona

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 0ne boots half an hour/hard drive D raw

Hello Simona1 and welcome to TSF,

When you start the computer, immediately after the ACER logo screen, press F8 repeatedly. You should see the Advanced Boot Menu.

Select "Repair Your Computer"
Select "Startup Repair".
It will scan your OS install and attempt to repair it.
once complete, reboot.

Let us know if the issue continues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-acer-aspire-0ne-boots-half-an-hour-hard-drive-d-raw-666748.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 1350 an the hard Drive Locks after bios update and demand password to access.

Hash code is 00007

Please, help me !

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-1350-hard-drive-lock-after-bios-update.145583/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there I have an Acer Aspire Aspire as hard adding Acer SSD but additional - room! no drive X1301 X desktop pc which is running so slowly I was advised that installing an SSD would speed Acer Aspire X1301 - adding SSD as additional hard drive but no room! it up and give Acer Aspire X1301 - adding SSD as additional hard drive but no room! it a new lease of life so I purchased one Sadly however upon opening the pc case I realised that there was no spare space inside for me to be able to install the new SSD and retain the old hard drive for storage purposes - However I do have a quot optical drive in there which is broken and hasn't been used for years I have an external optical drive that I use when I need to So I guess my question is can I remove the internal optical drive and use that bay to house my new SSD If so is there such a thing as an adapter that I can buy to be able to mount the drive into the large bay Can I use the same cables or will the SSD require different connectors I would be very grateful of any advice - I haven't attempted anything like this before Thanks

A:Acer Aspire X1301 - adding SSD as additional hard drive but no room!

Hi

I think this is what you are looking for : Sedna SATA III Internal 2 5" HDD SSD Dock Includes 5 25" CD ROM Bay Kit | eBay

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340745-acer-aspire-x1301-adding-ssd-additional-hard-drive-but-no-room.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello all I hope someone can help me with the problem I m encountering and going mad My acer aspire one happy few days ago died or so I thought I apologize-I am a woman with no computer tech experience so please bear with me After normal working day I work online the next morning it didn t start No sound normal just Acer D Solved: aspire one drive boots hour/hard an raw half acer logo and then black screen After few attempts I just left it and amazingly after more than half an hour it did boot Everything looked normal-the greeting sound the desktop Solved: Acer aspire one boots half an hour/hard drive D raw with all icons but when I try Solved: Acer aspire one boots half an hour/hard drive D raw to click on something-computer either loads like for example my computer minutes it does recognize USB drive but same-takes ages to open something or it freezes so is impossible to work or do anything So with the help of friend who borrowed me computer I googled for solution but Im still in blind spot When I finally came after minutes into disk management since in my computer I see both hard drive C and D but it doesn t show no data on D-but it was almost full it shows following C NTFS Healthy Gb and free space Gb D RAW Healthy Primary partition Gb Capacity and free space same Gb System reserved NTFS Healthy Mb and free Mb So my guess is that disk D which shows no data on - thankfully I back them before I got S M A R T virus attack - solved but maybe still something is the rotten apple and causing this slow respond and freezing of computer I have no idea what to do For any advice from you I would be deeply grateful Thank you Simona nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Quote Originally Posted by justpassingby The original message is more than a month old but it's true the drive could have reverted to using PIO instead of DMA hard Acer slow drive mode PIO - keeps 9412 reverting Aspire to after encountering read write errors due to the bad clusters so you should follow The SMS's advice Go to the device manager start Acer Aspire 9412 slow - hard drive keeps reverting to PIO mode gt run gt devmgmt msc expand IDE ATA ATAPI controllers double-click each IDE Acer Aspire 9412 slow - hard drive keeps reverting to PIO mode channel go to advanced settings and check that the transfer mode is set to quot DMA if available quot for all the devices If it reverts to PIO mode automatically then uninstall that IDE channel right-click gt uninstall reboot and Windows will redetect and reinstall it automatically If it still reverts to PIO after that then report here there'll be some values to change in the registry Hello there Nothing has changed at Acer's I have exactly the same problem with my Using the solution above works fine but after a certain time the problem is back Memory has been renewed a new hard disk has been installed nevertheless after a certain time the starts running very slow and all audio stuters again There are no bad sectors on the drives it just happens Using the solution above makes everything working fine again Is there no definitive solution for this problem Thanks JeeCee

A:Acer Aspire 9412 slow - hard drive keeps reverting to PIO mode

jcleplang, That was the case with my computer too. The problem kept coming back. I had to uninstalll the driver about 6 times, but now the problem is gone. Don't know why..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-9412-slow-hard-drive-keeps-reverting-to-pio-mode-227009.html
Relevancy 54.61%

The Acer C: drive is now full and the Data D: drive is empty, but it is not recognizing it automatically. This computer is my brother's, he bought it new and has it at my house. It came formatted with no disc's and I'm not sure where his books for it are. Can anyone tell me how to activate the second hard drive so I can use itunes and download video, etc.

It would be very much appreciated. My brother uses the computer here but it has been here for at least 3 years maybe and the book is misplaced. He mostly uses it for youtube, facebook, and stuff like that and is less computer educated than I am at tech stuff, which isn't saying much.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Aspire AST690-UP925A 250GB SATA hard disk first drive full and won't go to 2nd

Boot into Bios, usually by hitting F8 as soon as the POST screen appears and see if the hard drives are both recognised. If the spare drive does not show in the Bios it either has a fault or it is not correctly connected.

What OS is on the PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aspire-ast690-up925a-250gb-sata-hard-disk-first-drive-full-and-wont-go-to-2nd.161527/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct sub-section of the forum but couldn't see a more appropriate place.

Any advice appreciated: I'm trying to do a factory restore on my Acer Aspire laptop, as it started crashing, stalling etc. and then eventually just failing to boot up. I've gotten a fair bit of my important stuff off it using a Linux (Knoppix) disc, so am ready to do a factory restore.

However, when I try to do so, I get the error message: "WIMApplyImage Fail. Error: 045D" then I click on "OK" and it says "FAIL to restore image"

Any ideas? I'm worried that my hard drive may be physically damaged. When I listen it's making the odd whirring/clicking noise, but doesn't sound particularly out of the ordinary to me.

Or, on the other hand, does anybody know of any alternative options to the in built Acer factory restore?

Thanks,

Chris

A:(Acer Aspire laptop) Factory Restore failing - hard drive damaged?

Hi Chris. Welcome to TSF.

Have you tried opening up a terminal window and running chkdsk /r on your system? You might also run "sfc /scannow" from within the terminal window as well just to see if perhaps your problems are system-file related.

The clicking noise you're hearing is a bit troubling as it is often an indicator of an impending hard drive failure. I'm glad that you backed up your stuff though. Often that is one thing many people do NOT do and then they are left scrambling for ways to recover their data.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-factory-restore-failing-hard-drive-damaged-583428.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My hard drive failed on an Acer Aspire 5734z that I have. I replaced the hard drive and reloaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit from a downloaded copy. Since this is the same OS as originally came on this laptop, how do I get it validated? Or, alternately, how do I get a replacement OS without having to buy it again?

A:Replaced failed hard drive on Acer Aspire 5734z. Windows validation.

Hi grfull Welcome to SF

You may activate via Internet ( tutorial link below )

Activate Windows 7 Online

Over the phone ( tutorial link below )

Activate Windows 7 by Phone

Use the product key under the laptop or under the battery .

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283142-replaced-failed-hard-drive-acer-aspire-5734z-windows-validation.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Looking to buy an external hard drive for backup. This will be used only to backup data periodically. This is certainly a good price ($140):

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1474205

I've never heard of it. Anyone have any experience with that brand?

A:Opinions on BeyondMicro External Hard Drive?-or recommendations on External Case?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opinions-on-beyondmicro-external-hard-drive-or-recommendations-on-external-case.381320/
Relevancy 53.75%

Anyone have the temp light blink all the time with this case ? . . When I first started up it did not, but now (three days later) it blinks . .

any ideas? . . wrs

Relevancy 53.75%

HI i'm preaty new to building computers so, i'm having trouble with my aspire case i have all the wires hooked up correctly i think? on my mother board the lower right hand side were the pins are i'm not really sure how to hook them up. i checked my owners manual on my mother board (asus A7v8x) and the case manual . I got my power working the fans turn on but the mouse the key board and monitor WONT turn on every thing else works. Please can some one help me out by sending a pic or something.

A:Aspire X-Infinity Case I need help????

What exactly happens when you hit the power button?

Do you hear a beep from the motherboard?

Any signal at all going to your monitor?

Are there any lights lighting up on your keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aspire-x-infinity-case-i-need-help.34637/
Relevancy 53.75%

There I was, sitting in a cold dark room, nothing but me and that hunk of metal I call Dolores, doing her Win 7 Pro computing thing.

Then I notice, something amiss. Her C: drive, an SSD, with no restore points set, no pagefile.sys, is down to 24.3 GB open. That's okay. But then later in the day, something suspicious happens. She's been eating something without my knowing. 21.4 GB. Then 20.3 GB. Finally, a week later, red zone alert, only 13.7 GB left open. Hmmm...

So I reverted to an image back in time to when there was 23.6 GB left. And she starts the same "diet" process, losing open space daily. Rebooting changes nothing.

So I've come to you, great detectives. Any idea what might be causing this?

A:"The Case of the Disappearing Hard Drive Space"

Download TreeSize to see what's taking up the space.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349880-case-disappearing-hard-drive-space.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey people ,

I have 2 blackberrys 7230 and a 7250 I need the drivers for those devices , I searched blackberry site forever and I cannot find them at all. PLease someone point me in the right direction. I have the desktop Manager 4.1 installed but I need the individual software so that my usb connection can identify the devices.

A:Blackberry question (7230 and 7250)

you can find that here:
http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/3311-blackberry_os_software_links_carrier.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blackberry-question-7230-and-7250.486578/
Relevancy 52.89%

PC was originally shipped with defective DVD.  Replacement DVD installed and works ok to record a disk from the save as software command, but no APPARENT way to simply open the tray to add a DVD of any kind-music, data, etc.from any kind of physical button on the front panel, case, or even missing a button on the front panel of the DVD device itself.Thanks for any help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Desktop-Aspire-TC-120-How-2-open-DVD-No-case-panel-button-or/td-p/443236
Relevancy 52.89%

Right, well, it dropped pretty hard on the floor and has sinec began to develop a crack. Not on the blue part of the casing(where hte keyboard is mounted upon) but below that. I.e, the crack is next to the power port.

I was wondering if there was any convenient way to fix it?

A:Acer Aspire One Case Cracked.

Does it turn on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-case-cracked.1010275/
Relevancy 52.89%

PC was originally shipped with defective DVD.  Replacement DVD installed and works ok to record a disk from the save as software command, but no APPARENT way to simply open the tray to add a DVD of any kind-music, data, etc.from any kind of physical button on the front panel, case, or even missing a button on the front panel of the DVD device itself.Thanks for any help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Desktop-Aspire-TC-120-How-2-open-DVD-No-case-panel-button-or/td-p/443236/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey guys,

Say does anyone know whether you can buy this case (case only... duee):

??

Amplid

A:Acer aspire predator case

I have no idea. It looks really good I like how the front goes up like that.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/187802-acer-aspire-predator-case.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi I own Acer Aspire V3- 531 and I have broken bottom case. I want to replace it as cheaper as possible but I can't find that part in my country. Does anyone have any idea how could I check are components from Aspire V3-531 compatible to be replaced on bottom case from Acer E1 - 531??? Thanks

A:Aspire V3-531 broken bottom case

Hello, The bottom cases of Aspire V3-531 and E1-531 are different.Here are the part numbers:Spoiler (Highlight to read)60.M03N2.003COVER.LOWER.W/CAP/MYLAR60.M03N2.004COVER.LOWER.W/.CAP.MYLAR (for slim ODD)60.M03N2.003COVER.LOWER.W/CAP/MYLAR60.M03N2.004COVER.LOWER.W/.CAP.MYLAR (for slim ODD)

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-531-broken-bottom-case/td-p/427724/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 52.89%

OK I know I didn t buy the biggest baddest box on the block but as a side note it seems to pretty well fill the gap between my ES1-511 an Aspire ACER Crackin' the case on smartphone and monster desktop All right down to business The ES come with Gb of Crackin' the case on an ACER Aspire ES1-511 memory and can handle up to Gb While waiting for the laptop to be Crackin' the case on an ACER Aspire ES1-511 delivered I went ahead and order the Gb upgrade from Crucial Confirmed with them that it would work Would just be a simple replacement But unlike other laptops that I ve owned in the past those with a separate covers for battery memory and HD yeh those the ES has everything inside the case Nothing is accessible So before I got my hammer and chisel out I wanted to know what to expect I contacted ACER support and Crackin' the case on an ACER Aspire ES1-511 was told that the MB has to be removed to replace the memory chip Where did these design engineers get their training from label of a Cracker Jacks box Like a little extra plastic and a couple of screws would not have sent the price into the stratosphere Support couldn t give me any information as to what it would take to do the upgrade i e opening the case and removing the board I even asked it there was a tech manual that I could refer to and was told one didn t exist I find this hard to believe Next I went to the ACER support forums and got the same runaround On the web there not much more than a bunch s if not s of copycats doing the same datasheet reviews The problem is that nobody s addressing the upgrading issues memory and HD SSD There s screws crisscrossing the back and only actually releases something the cover for the DVD bay With all the screws out the back cover is on just as tight as it was with the screws I m assuming that there are some hooks on the casing that need to be leveraged but I can t seem to make out where they would be There s no quot Warranty Void quot seals anywhere on the outside case so it appears to be fair game to get inside and do the work If anybody here has any ideas please don t hesitate to get back to me Thx in advance BTW I m quite comfortable working in and around circuit boards and such Have all the proper tools and safety gear So just get me inside the case and I can take it from there nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

http www gadgetfolder com acer-aspire-x -excellent-mini-pc-specs html As you can see it has a low profile case At the moment I can only fit small Acer Upgrading or of x3810 Aspire GPU case graphics cards into it so basically how quot tall quot the gpu can be is cut in half since the wideness of the case is so small as you can see just looking at the front I deduced this by trying to fit my geforce into it didn t fit because its too tall I was wondering if you guys could give me some links of some relatively powerful GPU s that would fit into my case if you can t find anything higher than a then don t bother I want to be able to play Mass Effect and Battlefield on all high So if thats the case then I m wondering if anybody here Upgrading case or GPU of Acer Aspire x3810 could help me find out my motherboard size Because I don t want to buy a new case and than find out my MB wont even fit in there I don t know much about compatibility between MB s and Cases does it even matter Should I just buy any bigger case and it should fit Or am I in big trouble because its an ACER computer and Upgrading case or GPU of Acer Aspire x3810 the MB might not be a quot common quot form factor And on top of that I have another problem I have a quot wireless network quot card in there I think thats what you call it And its a small size so if I get a bigger case then it wont fit because of the thingy The silver platting on the card that you screw onto the case that connects to the back of the case Sorry for just pouring all this info onto you guys but I think I m in some big trouble I now fear for my future as a PC gamer nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

We recently moved to another location in the same city, but when I went to try to print from my Gateway Laptop on the Kodak 7250 printer, it says that the printer is disconnected. I have restarted the computer, turned the printer off waited and then turned it back on and have turned off the router and then turned it back on. In the printer tools section of the printer info, it lists the printer but then says disconnected beside it. I don't know what to do to fix this and I have tried a few things that were listed on the internet such as downloading new firmware for the printer but I don't know how to do that for the Cox Cable Router which was a suggestion.

A:Kodak 7250 won't print from wireless, says printer disconnected,

have you reset the kodak up on the new network - how is the kodak setup - fixed IP or to use DHCP
have a look at the network settings for the printer

and then on a PC post back here an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kodak-7250-wont-print-from-wireless-says-printer-disconnected.1068049/