Windows Support Forum

R5-471T-534X freezes randomly, no error messages

Q: R5-471T-534X freezes randomly, no error messages

I received my new R - T last Friday and from day one I've been experiencing random randomly, error messages no freezes R5-471T-534X freezes I'll just be doing anything Browsing in Chrome working in Word no pattern whatsoever and the system will R5-471T-534X freezes randomly, no error messages completely stop responding Touch screen keyboard nothing But no blue screen no error messages nbsp The only fix is to hold the power button and hard shut down - and on restart it acts like nothing happened Normally Windows will throw a start screen saying it didn't shut down normally if you hard power off a running system and ask if you want normal boot safe mode etc nbsp nbsp Has anyone else expereienced this Love this laptop but wondering if I'm going to have to return it for replacement I have run all windows updates and upgraded the BIOS from what it came with to the latest It's especially frustrating when you're in the middle of a Word document and lose it all to a lock up I've had it happen up to times in one day so far

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: R5-471T-534X freezes randomly, no error messages

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: R5-471T-534X freezes randomly, no error messages

I would check the memory. You may have a bad memory dimm. Run Memtest.http://www.memtest86.com/ or you could return the laptop for another one.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-534X-freezes-randomly-no-error-messages/td-p/420414/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 111.37%

Hi, I have an option to get either one of these laptops but I cannot figure out the difference between the two.  The spec datasheet looks the same.  Can anyone please help.  They look like great laptops but there is a price difference so I am wondering why. Thanks for the help.

A:R5-471T-534X vs R5-471T-52EE differences?

Hello, It is nearly the same price:R5-471T-534X: 900CAD=717USD Canadian marketR5-471T-52EE: 700USD American marketSame product but for different countries. That's all.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-534X-vs-R5-471T-52EE-differences/td-p/431452/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello everyone I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this post but my issue does deal largely with my display If so I apologize in advance and ask to be directed to the correct forum I have or Machine error Randomly Display (No BSOD) freezes and messages searched the boards for similar issues and I have tried their approaches but it has not resolved my issue I am experiencing issues with my ASUS graphics card and my Intel HD display driver Whenever I am playing a videogame or doing something that is graphics intensive my display freezes and I either have to reboot my machine or sometimes the display unfreezes and I am allowed to resume my activities I originally had graphics driver but I upgraded to version when Display and Machine Randomly freezes (No error messages or BSOD) it came out I still had the same issue when I upgraded my driver so I rolled back to version I kept bouncing back and forth between the two drivers and I even tried going into safe mode to install the drivers Twice while I was using AutoCAD and playing a videogame the display became distorted and showed pixelated colors I installed the driver when it came out on May nd but the problem occurred again while I was playing a game and while I was in AutoCAD In the rare instances that my display froze and unfroze I received a windows notification from the windows event log stating that my driver or failed I have performed numerous diagnostics and stress tests using Ultimate Boot CD My memory tests have checked out fine and so have my hdd and ssd tests The only thing that sticks out is that my southbridge temperature my CPUTIN according to HWMonitor is at a constant It never changes or fluctuates Speedfan shows my CPUTIN temps as - Nevertheless I used Speedfan in conjunction with my BIOS settings to optimize fan speeds to see if this will resolve the issue or if my GPU was overheating I checked the forums and most people state that they have remedied this issue by giving their internals a thorough cleaning I have done so three times and reseated everything onto my board while making sure that I was grounded Others have resorted to initiating an RMA I am still within ASUS s year warranty Should I do the same Sys Hardware Board asus p z -v gen CPU intel i - k CPU Cooler noctua nh-d SSD GB crucial m -ct m ssd HDD western digital caviar blue gb rpm Vid Card asus engtx ti dc top di Memory g skill sniper gb x ddr pc PSU corsair hx w Sys Idle Temps So I jumped into Mass Effect 's multiplayer because that seems to be the instance that forces my problem to reoccur I put my gfx card fan speeds on the max speed and temperatures steadily rose from C idle to - C under load It took about minutes for this to happen After leaving the match temperatures dropped down to around C and was steadily dropping to about C or so This is the game with maxed out settings I lost my manual so I checked ASUS's site for expected temps but I could not find anything I went into my ASUS Smart Doctor and saw that medium fans seeds kick in when the GPU's temp hits C I then contacted ASUS support and they advised me to uninstall Smart Doctor and Gamer OSD I did so but the problem reoccurred I then initiated an RMA with my card I have been using my Intel HD graphics from my k and the problem reoccurred while watching a YouTube video in HD After about seconds I regained control of my machine This occurred after I upgraded my Intel HD drivers After dealing with this for some time I decided to reformat my SSD and reinstall Windows Professional bit on it I chose to leave my graphics card out of my machine and still use my integrated graphics The problem occurred again after the installation I was on Youtube when my machine randomly froze and I regained control within seconds or so I then upgraded the drivers for my SSD and the problem reoccurred I went to the Windows support website and applied two hotfixes for randomly freezing machines A computer that is running Windows Server R or Windows sto... Read more

A:Display and Machine Randomly freezes (No error messages or BSOD)

Anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237619-display-machine-randomly-freezes-no-error-messages-bsod.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have no idea why I am having these issues. I hate windows! First Error Message: WLANCFG.EXE Application ErrorThe instruction at "0x00461436" refernced memort at "0xe8f18b56". The Memory could not be "read".Then I installed Microsoft's Updates for Today and upon restart I got this Message:WLANCFG.EXE Application ErrorThe instruction at "0x7c9106c3" refernced memory at "0x0047f2e". The Memory could not be "written".Whats up with this? I went toNetgear and I got the newest driver for my network card. So far I have had no luck installing it. On top of that I ran [System Mechanic Pro] and now my system is running slower than a windows 3.1 machine. I have no idea what is causing this and I already ran system restore to no avail. It says "there have been no changes" ...

A:Randomly Occuring Error Messages

Allright go to hijack this and then pm a moderator to move this post there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65286/randomly-occuring-error-messages/
Relevancy 63.21%

I ordered the R5-471T-52EE from a retailer but received the R5-471T-51UN instead. Any explanation as to why this would happen? What are the differences between these two models?

A:R5-471T-52EE vs. R5-471T-51UN differences?

Hello, The Wifi specifications and may be Office 2013.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-52EE-vs-R5-471T-51UN-differences/td-p/431853/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.92%

So about a week ago I was just playing a flash game when my screen appeared to freeze Windows messages. error Aero no with randomly crashing upon unfreezing Windows Aero stopped working the transparency on the task bar disappeared There was no error it just stopped working After looking around my computer it told me that Aero wasn't supported which did not make sense considering it was just supported So I did a system restore it was made after a windows update and it started working again It worked fine for a few days and just today it did the exact same thing Of course I resolved this issue with a system restore as previously but I would like to find out what Windows Aero randomly crashing with no error messages. the problem is exactly to fix it since my current solution is just going to be an annoyance Any help would be appreciated I did search prior to making this and could not find a topic similar to this or any with a solution Thanks a lot a head of time

A:Windows Aero randomly crashing with no error messages.

This may be because of a lack of memory, next time it happens search for aero troubleshooter in your start menu and tell me what it says.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276896-windows-aero-randomly-crashing-no-error-messages.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a sony fw it is about months old I had absolutely no problems with it until a few weeks ago i would get the blue screens or it would just randomly freeze So basically after talking to useless sony support they sent me a new harddrive Now i continue to get the freezes no error messages or blue screens one time i got bluescreen error which seemed to be related to network card i updated it and never got it again but sometimes the system will just randomly freeze and the only way i can quit out is to hold the power button down Some days it will constantly freeze after as little as min somedays it wont freeze at all It freezes with no programs running or with lots running it doesn t seem to matter in that respect Sometimes i will get like mini freeze ups where it freezes for a few seconds then unfreezes when i get one of these i know the big freeze is coming soon Does anyone who what might be causing messages(vista) keeps Vaio freezing randomly-no error this I have done virus scans and also the system will freeze up in safe mode Sonys advice Vaio keeps freezing randomly-no error messages(vista) of course is to reinstall windows Hope someone can help it is driving me crazy EDIT vista premium home edition nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

This will be my Messages Browsers W/o Randomly And Closing Error W/o Internet Not Responding first time ever asking for assistance fixing any type of computer problem I'd like to think i'm fairly competent and have taken do plan to take as many computer classes as possible But besides that i'd like to say that I am a brand new member to the forum's and it looks like a stunning site I have run avg anti-spyware ad-aware spybot Search amp Destroy I believe that is all and Norton for viruses All have found a thing or two here and there and have been Internet Browsers Randomly Closing W/o Not Responding And W/o Error Messages removed and rescanned This has not helped the problem and my grandparents computer still manages to be a problem as mentioned in the Internet Browsers Randomly Closing W/o Not Responding And W/o Error Messages title Here is a HJT log and ironically I hope there is something found so that the problem can be fixed easily Thank you for your time and possible solutions-TroyLogfile of Trend Internet Browsers Randomly Closing W/o Not Responding And W/o Error Messages Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exeC WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exeC Program Files Network LookOut Administrator bin NLAgentSvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Network LookOut Administrator bin NLAgent exec TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exeC WINDOWS system TODDSrv exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Touch and Launch PadExe exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exeC toshiba ivp ism pinger exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exeC Program Files TOSHIBA TOSCDSPD toscdspd exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system RAMASST exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC WINDOWS system TPSBattM exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www windstream net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO PeoplePC ScamGuard - E A - BC - d -B FD- B ACC FEDED - C Program Files PeoplePC Toolbar ScamGrd dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run ATIPTA quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exeO - HKLM Run Toshiba Hotk... Read more

A:Internet Browsers Randomly Closing W/o Not Responding And W/o Error Messages

Sorry for the delay. If you are still having problems please post a brand new HijackThis log as a reply to this topic. Before posting the log, please make sure you follow all the steps found in this topic:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogPlease also post the problems you are having.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137349/internet-browsers-randomly-closing-wo-not-responding-and-wo-error-messages/
Relevancy 61.49%

I get error messages that state different file names are corrupt such as:

ehtray.exe - corrupt file, crashplantray.exe - corrupt file and then in the body of the message is always the same message and that message is: The File or Directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\DLLShared is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility. 

I have ran the chkdsk utility several times and have not had any luck with it doing any good. 

I am needing my computer to do some college home work and so any help would be greatly appreciated...    It's really hard to get much done with it randomly rebooting with no warning. 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! 

A:Corrupt File Error messages/Computer randomly reboots Please help me!

I already replied to your issue at TechSpot.
I'll ask mods to close this topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552812/corrupt-file-error-messagescomputer-randomly-reboots-please-help-me/
Relevancy 61.06%

Over the last week computer keeps constantly freezing up after a few minutes and I have to hit ctrl-alt-delete The only other odd thing is that now when I try to open no but error computer freezes messages Malwarebytes I get this quot VbAccelerator SGrid Control Run-Time error and then when I click OK it brings up quot Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Run-time error automation error quot Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer computer freezes but no error messages Run by computer freezes but no error messages Vikki lt REDACTED gt at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW computer freezes but no error messages EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files HTC HTC Sync Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared logger exeC Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exesvchost exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Mcafee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciServiceHost exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC Program Files McAfee Online Backup MOBKbackup exeC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files HTC HTC Sync ClientInitiatedStarter ClientInitiatedStarter exeC Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor HTCVBTServer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor FsynSrvStarter exeC Documents and Settings Vikki Fields Application Data Juniper Networks Setup Client JuniperSetupClient exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WksCal exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WksCal exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WksCal exec program files common files installshield updateservice isuspm exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WksCal exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WksCal exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www att net uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBH... Read more

A:computer freezes but no error messages

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403135/computer-freezes-but-no-error-messages/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a 17 inch Aspire 7520 laptop, using the Vista Home version that's only a year old. It has a 360 GB hard with 3 GBs of memory, yet I continue to get the error messages "blank page" and "class not registered." Then the computer freezes and I have to reboot. I have used every spyware, adaware, and antvirus scans to find a possible virus but to no avail. Can youassist me?

Thx, Al

A:Error Messages & System Freezes

Hey Al, welcome.

Try putting in your Vista Disk and click "Repair". That will solve any registry problems, and hopefully will get you running.

When do you get these error messages? Startup? When you open IE? When you shut down?

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217767-error-messages-system-freezes.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I am getting frequent error messages and messages freezes error Frequent and my computer freezes frequently The thread describing my problem is here http www techsupportforum com f es- html and here is my hijeck this log Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Keyur on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Frequent freezes and error messages System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as Keyur exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieCtrl exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C PROGRA FREEDO fdm exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Downloads Software dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Keyur exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http in yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FDMIECookiesBHO Class - CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - C Program Files Free Download Manager iefdm dll O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/frequent-freezes-and-error-messages-268287.html
Relevancy 60.63%

On I started to have the following problems music and audio ads would start playing on my computer they appear to not be connected to any specific user action I could only turn it off by a turning the computer off or on; turn ads messages Music/audio error bogus randomly Virus? b going to the task manager and shutting down the process iexplorer exe note that when you went into task manager applications internet explorer would not be shown as being on when I clicked on a web link it would not take me to the right location but would take me to Virus? Music/audio ads randomly turn on; bogus error messages a random location warning messages come on but they appear to be false For example I get a message quot Internet Explorer has stopped working quot but if I just close out the warning box everything is working the messages appears to be fake In August I signed up for a On-line tech support system quot Qresolve quot I called them with the above problems and they took over my computer remotely and ran three different programs to find and delete viruses I am not sure what else that they did but they spent over four hours working on the problem In the end they stated Virus? Music/audio ads randomly turn on; bogus error messages that my system has Virus? Music/audio ads randomly turn on; bogus error messages no viruses they deleted the adware on the system and all was well Within a half an hour of getting of the phone with Qresolve the music started playing and a bogus error message started WHAT DO I DO Can someone help me better than my on-line tech support just as I finished typing this the music started up like my computer is possessed Please help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-music-audio-ads-randomly-turn-on-bogus-error-messages.1025629/
Relevancy 60.63%

When my laptop starts I receive two messages on top of one another Both of the upper area of the message boxes have the word RUNDLL written in gets messages and computer error My freezes occasionally them they say Error loading C WINDOWS system feramuri dll The specified module could My computer gets error messages and freezes occasionally not be found Error loading C windows system yayosepo dll The specified module could not be found Occasionally my computer freezes entirely and does not allow me to click on anything this happens fairly frequently after My computer gets error messages and freezes occasionally I restart my computer This also happens when I am on a web browser such as Internet Explorer My computer gets error messages and freezes occasionally or Moxilla Firefox My computer is fairly slow sometimes and acts as if it has a virus AVG Super anti-spyware spybot search and destroy and spyware terminater do not inform me that I have anything wrong with my computer AVG has been unable to update lately for some reason also my micro trend PC-cillin is no longer worker due to the license expiring Any help would be much appreciated

A:My computer gets error messages and freezes occasionally

AVG has been unable to update lately for some reason also my micro trend PC-cillin is no longer worker due to the license expiring.Even if only one AV is operating, you should still only have one AV installedTrend-Micro uninstall directionshttp://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2009/0...virus-software/http://solutionfile.trendmicro.com/solutio...Tool_32-bit.exeWhen running these scan tools, if you use Spybot's Teatimer function, be sure to disable itThe process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230145/my-computer-gets-error-messages-and-freezes-occasionally/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys I came to turn my laptop on on Thursday freezes, and error unresponsive is messages has Laptop and it took a very long time starting up from the login screen Laptop freezes, is unresponsive and has error messages but I thought nothing of it to start with only the toolbar at the bottom of the screen appeared with no desktop icons for a Laptop freezes, is unresponsive and has error messages very long time minutes and the toolbar could not be used After a while it started I have then come to use the laptop last night Friday and today and the same problem occurs but the laptop gets more and more temperamental and unresponsive with Windows Explorer frequently crashing and having to restart itself I struggle to close any unresponsive programs using the Task Manager as that is then unresponsive too but also I can now not open the task manager not even using CTRL ALT DEL as a black screen appears and an error message saying windows failed to load the login screen and security details or something along those lines In addition to this on the occasion where the toolbar does work as soon as I click start it freezes and I cannot click anything I have attempted booting in safe mode but exactly the same occurs if anything it is much less responsive in safe mode I have run an anti-virus scan and nothing cropped up But I am unsure if it is relevant my hotmail account was hacked some weeks ago and send out a lot of spam I put this down to a virus or something like this Not sure if it is linked I think this is all the background information but if I remember anything I will mention it TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA PWWAA Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled HijackThis Log NOTE A error message popped up in the scan stating that for some reason the system denied write access to the Hosts file so Hijack This may not be able to fix any hijacked domains in the file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files x Steam steam exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Internet Services ubd exe C Users Daniel AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe C Program Files x Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support distnoted exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Daniel Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http toshiba msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk ask com l dis amp o R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Mic... Read more

A:Laptop freezes, is unresponsive and has error messages

Bump

I have also discovered my mother's personal laptop and work laptop, along with my grandmas laptop have similar problems. I remembered we all installed a Mcrosoft update in the past week. Could this be the cause?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-freezes-is-unresponsive-and-has-error-messages.1057342/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all Just let Windows in- log freezes messages/codes after no error me start by saying that I am not very tech savvy and I am not sure which information will be useful or not So I will do my best to explain my issue and hopefully some of you will be able to help Some info Windows freezes after log in- no error messages/codes I am using an Asus laptop model U E I run windows home premium bit Intel core i - M cpu GHz GHz GB ram The issue Lately whenever Windows freezes after log in- no error messages/codes I turn on my computer it freezes after I log in It will start up fine but freeze about seconds to minute after I've type in my password The mouse freezes cntrl alt delete does not bring up my task manager and I do not receive any kind of error messages or pop ups My computer will typically make sounds at start up- fans mostly-but when it is just running its virtually silent so I'm not sure if this is a hardware or a software issue I can run in safe mode and everything is fine It is just the running windows normally that has the issue I update windows very frequently and use avast antivirus to scan often Defragment it weekly - At first I tried a system restore in safe mode and it worked But my recent attempt at that left my system restored and then frozen once more after log in So my question is does anybody know what kind of an issue this might be Or any tips suggestions on how to fix it would be fantastic preferably in laymans terms as I'm not very tech savvy Thanks

A:Windows freezes after log in- no error messages/codes

Willowisatree welcome to SevenForums

Can you get to Safe Mode with Networking ?

While the laptop is booting up tap on the F8 key . When you get to the Advanced Boot Options screen ( Black with White font ) with your down arrow on the keyboard move down to Safe Mode with Networking and press the [Enter] Key . Once you're on the Safe Mode Desktop open up a browser either IE or Firefox

Click here DDS

Click on Download Now button

When the download is complete . Drag the DDS program from the Downloads folder to your Desktop

Double click the DDS icon on the Desktop then click the Run button to run the tool.

Place a check next to attach.txt and click Start . When done, DDS will open two logs DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Note
If there is a check already next to Attach.txt go ahead and click on Start

Save two logs onto your desktop and upload them with your reply

How To Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/298820-windows-freezes-after-log-no-error-messages-codes.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey there Everytime I start up the computer it freezes I get at Startup! Premium HELP! Vista Freezes Error messages past the boot okay HELP! Vista Premium Freezes at Startup! Error messages and successfully type in my password but in under a minute the computer freezes on my desktop screen and I can t click or do anything Everytime I click there is a beep sound I went to Event Viewer and these are the error codes that came up The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or HELP! Vista Premium Freezes at Startup! Error messages group failed to start DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server E B D-F A- D -B A - The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AFD aswRdr aswSnx aswSP aswTdi DfsC NetBIOS netbt nsiproxy PSched RasAcd rdbss Smb spldr tdx The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The Network Location Awareness service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The IP Helper service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The WebClient service depends on the WebDav Client Redirector Driver service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The SMB MiniRedirector service depends on the SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The SMB x MiniRedirector service depends on the SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The WebDav Client Redirector Driver service depends on the Redirected Buffering Sub Sysytem service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The Workstation service depends on the Network Store Interface Service service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start The Network Store Interface Service service depends on the NSI proxy service service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning The SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service depends on the Redirected Buffering Sub Sysytem service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning The TCP IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the Ancilliary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning The DNS Client service depends on the NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning The DHCP Client service depends on the Ancilliary Function Driver for Winsock service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments quot quot in order to run the server A D -C - D -A B - AD B DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the serv... Read more

A:HELP! Vista Premium Freezes at Startup! Error messages

Welcome to Tech Support Guy
Try F8 and on advanced boot options try Safe Mode
NOT Safe Mode with networking -

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-vista-premium-freezes-at-startup-error-messages.1062923/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, since I built this PC, it seems to be fine most of the time. I can play games for hours on end without a problem, then randomly it will freeze.

There's no BSOD, no error messages and I have to do a hard-reset of the PC. I can then continue without issues for days/weeks without any more freezes. Then out of nowhere, it'll freeze again.

I did a little research before and it seems a common freezing issue is the voltage for RAM. I checked the manufacturer specs and it says 1.5v, then checked the voltage in the Bios, which is also 1.5v, so I'm not sure if that is the cause.

Attached a DxDiag.txt incase you want to have a look at the setup...any help appreciated.

A:Random, irregular Freezes, not BSOD. No error messages.

Test your RAM and HD, as well as the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335237-random-irregular-freezes-not-bsod-no-error-messages.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I just got the following setup Motherboard Soyo SY-P VGA Supports the following processors Pentium GHz - GHz Celeron GHz - GHz non-Prescott support restart doesn't Comp freezes, or messages error give Chipset information VIA P M A chipset Motherboard Supports MHz FSB The motherboard supports these types of memory Note that SDRAM and DDR cannot be used simulataneously Two -pin DDR SDRAM V DIMM sockets support up to GB DDR PC non-ECC unbuffered DDR SDRAM memory One -pin SDRAM V DIMM Socket support up to GB PC I m currently running a p ghz mhz fsb hyper-threading mb Comp freezes, doesn't restart or give error messages DDR pc My problem is that my comp locks up but it doesn t restart or give any error messages It locks up to the point that I cannot move my mouse and it will not respond to typed commands The screen does not go blank but stays frozen on what it was displaying last This happens usually when I am trying to do something that would require more processing than usual eg playing a online flash game as opposed to typing in notepad Possible problems Some of the IDE cables I m using are from a older computer Could that be a problem This was my first experience with installing a processor Could I have applied the thermal grease incorrectly to cause such a problem I would really appreciate any help you guys can give I m new on these forums so if I didn t do something the way you do it here I apologize in advance haha nbsp

A:Comp freezes, doesn't restart or give error messages

You will have problems like that if you use 40 wire IDE cables on an ATA 66 or higher hard drive that needs an 80 wire cable. Did you install the motherboard drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-freezes-doesnt-restart-or-give-error-messages.17605/
Relevancy 59.34%

There is an old thread here that pretty much sums up my exact problems All the issues that user had are the same ones I am experiencing It was solved but the problem that appeared to messages computer Text error disappears, freezes, multiple be causing it Avira antivirus can t be what is causing my issues b c I don t use Avira But I m wondering if it could be avast which is what I m currently using I ve been having problems with the disappearing text etc for maybe months I ve been using avast for well over a year Anyone have any new insight years later Thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Text disappears, computer freezes, multiple error messages bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KD Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Last night my pc froze unexpectedly while I was surfing over internet.It's a hard freeze no HDD activity and no possible way to reboot it except to turn it off and turn on again.Few minutes ago it happened again when I ran mtorrent.I went to event viewer---windows logs--apllication and here is what I got:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

Source: WMI

any help about what is causing it?I changed my pc cooler yesterday but I didn't have these problems before I changed it.Temperatures are OK for this cpu and mb too.Tested GPU, CPU with prime95 all was fine.

A:pc freezes randomly with following error code:

If you get BSODs, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322562-pc-freezes-randomly-following-error-code.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm using an OEM windows 7 home premiun laptop.

Lately my laptop freezes randomly.

so i first tried reformatting it using the acer erecovery tool but same problem.

next i tried using the windows recovery partition( i have 2 recovery partitions;i'm guessing 1 is acer's and the other is windows') i press the f8 key and a black screen appears saying windows is loading files. the load bar only loads a little bit and then i get another screen sayin i have an error because of failing hard disk (sorry i cant remeber the whole message) but in the bottom i get this:

info: an unexpected I/O error has occurred.

I'm guessing my hard disk is failing. and if i want to change my hard disk will this affect my OEM windows? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop freezes randomly, error 0x00000e9

Work through these troubleshooting steps to test hardware, utilize System Resources, read the logs to try to isolate the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206134-laptop-freezes-randomly-error-0x00000e9.html
Relevancy 58.48%

It started freezing up around the same time an update for my video card would not install. The video card is running about 47 degrees C. I did a clean install to change from Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium to 64 bit Home Premium and still freezes randomly. Sometimes it will go a long time before it freezes. I have a NVIDEA Ge Force 8400 GS and I did install the 64 it drivers. I ran Malewarebytes and no problems there. The windows update that will not install is a Graphic Adapter WDD M1, WDD M2. Any ideas.

A:Randomly Freezes and error on windows update

I ran a Norton scan last night and let it run and when I woke up, computer was shut down. I started it up and got a blue screen saying something about video graphics driver couldn't reset and before I could finish reading it booted up. This is the 2nd time its done this. Also, when I first go to a webpage, I click on something and it doesn't do anything until I switch to another page and go back. Then it works fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480318/randomly-freezes-and-error-on-windows-update/
Relevancy 58.48%

My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs No blue screen or error code is generated when this happens Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby However it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned on including sometimes during startup If task manager is open no unusual CPU usage shows up No program needs to be running for this problem to occur Other than this problem everything on the computer works normally and I can sometimes use the computer for hours with no problems Freezes Error no BSOD or Randomly with XP Message Can someone please help me identify what is causing this problem I can't tell if it is a virus problem or if hardware is failing Any help I can get to identify the source would be greatly appreciated My computer is a Dell Dimension with a GHz Pentium processor Gb RAM running Windows XP Home SP with the latest updates Antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus which has been XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD temporarily removed for troubleshooting I have run numerous software checks but have been unable to pinpoint a cause for this problem The list I've tried is below Avira Full Scan no problems XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD found DISK CHECK problems found and fixed Several months ago I did get a message during startup that the system had recovered from a serious error and had attempted to fix itself But no unusual results were noticed at the time System Restore to earlier date no change System Hibernate instead of Standby no change Disk Defragment no change Kaspersky Online Scan nothing unusual found Spybot Search amp Destroy no problems found other than a few cookies Spyware Blaster no problems found CTRL SCROLL SCROLL does not work when system is frozen System Shut-down instead of Standby no change Dell Support Center PC Checkup PC Doctor suite no problems found with RAM check CPU check or drive checks Reinstall of scanner driver no change Reinstall of Avira no change Uninstall of Avira no change Disconnect of all hardware except mouse amp keyboard no change Mouse swap out no change

A:XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD

Freezing is usually caused by overheating, or a failing Power Supply Unit.
Open up the side of the case and clean out dust and blow out fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label for the PSU and report the Make, Model# and Wattage. Start the computer and make sure all fans are spinning
Run Windows in a clean boot.
You can also download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature. Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and long tests on the drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-randomly-freezes-with-no-error-message-or-bsod-672567.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When I log into the IE it freezes on the first click-on, and then goes back to the desk top. I am able to use Google Chrome to get around o.k., but I don't have the normal "file", "view" "tools". etc.

A:Re: XP Randomly Freezes with no Error Message or BSOD

Not sure if this route will work in XP but from Start type temp then click on Change temporary Internet file settings - this will give you the same window as you would get via Tools etc. then under the Advanced tab click on Reset and you can select how much you want it to reset by.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-internet-exployer-will-not-stay-up-685433.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My desktop randomly freezes and will not respond to keyboard or mouse inputs unless started in Safe Mode No blue screen Error XP No Windows Message Freezes With Randomly or error code is generated when this happens Originally this occasionally happened shortly after resuming from standby However it has progressed to happen randomly anytime the computer is turned on including sometimes during startup If task manager is open no unusual CPU usage shows up No program needs to be running for this problem to occur Other than this problem Windows XP Randomly Freezes With No Error Message everything on the computer works normally and I can sometimes use the computer for hours with no problems Can someone please help me identify what is causing this problem I can't tell if it is a virus problem or if hardware is failing Any help I can get to Windows XP Randomly Freezes With No Error Message identify the source would be greatly appreciated My computer is a Dell Dimension with a GHz Pentium Windows XP Randomly Freezes With No Error Message processor Gb RAM running Windows XP Home SP with the latest updates Antivirus software is Avira Free Antivirus which has been temporarily removed for troubleshooting I have run numerous software checks but have been unable to pinpoint a cause for this problem The list I've tried is below Avira Full Scan no problems found DISK CHECK no problems found Several months ago I did get a message during startup that the system had recovered from a serious error and had attempted to fix itself But no unusual results were noticed at the time System Restore to earlier date no change System Hibernate instead of Standby no change Disk Defragment no change Kaspersky Online Scan nothing unusual found Spybot Search amp Destroy no problems found other than a few cookies Spyware Blaster no problems found CTRL SCROLL SCROLL does not work when system is frozen System Shut-down instead of Standby no change Dell Support Center PC Checkup PC Doctor suite no problems found with RAM check CPU check or drive checks Reinstall of scanner driver no change Reinstall of Avira no change Uninstall of Avira no change Disconnect of all hardware except mouse amp keyboard no change Mouse swap out no change Removed SopCast and Stream Torrent no change I was unable to save the results for a full GMER scan The st time I ran it items showed up some temp file said mbr sys was not found plus the two listed below but a BSOD prevented a file save The nd time the scan completed with only items Device ACPI sys ACPI Driver for NT Microsoft Disk Device Harddisk DR PE file sector As I moved the cursor toward the save button the computer froze--again preventing a save The rd time I also got a BSOD The th time I ran just the quot Sections quot scan Everything came back ok with a blank log So I finally just saved the log from the scan that starts automatically when GMER starts That is the log attached to the post Let me know if I should try rerunning in Safe mode The DDS file is shown below DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Matt at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Visioneer OneTouch OneTouchMon exe C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT MONEY SYSTEM REMINDER EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync Wcescomm exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System alg exe c WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS... Read more

Relevancy 58.05%

Windows XP - Media Center Edition - 20020- SP 3Tried to run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Scan - It got to 12 problems and then froze, (Not Responding) Not sure what to do now. I have tried to read some of the topics and find it very confusing. I just need someone to walk me through what to do.EDIT: Moved from XP to more appropriate Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

A:Computer Freezes, Error Messages, Runs real Slow, Can't Run Malware Scan

Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.Do not run a scan just yet.Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.If you have a problem downloading, installing or getting SAS to run, try downloading and using the SUPERAntiSpyware Portable Scanner instead. Save the randomly named file (i.e. SAS_1710895.COM) to a usb drive or CD and transfer to the infected computer. Then double-click on it to launch and scan. The file is randomly named to help keep malware from blocking the scanner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320835/computer-freezes-error-messages-runs-real-slow-cant-run-malware-scan/
Relevancy 57.62%

Not sure whats going on here with mycomputer but hopefully someone can help heres my situation Im running windows with a Nvidia card about g memory tb ssd which windows resides in Samsung and another HD that is barley used but connected and is about gb The freezing is pretty random to me It never happens unless I initiate something By that I mean Freezes/Chkdsk for drive Randomly error RAW Computer not available anything from clicking the search tab to opening or closing an application and anything in between It can happen when other things are running or right Computer Randomly Freezes/Chkdsk not available for RAW drive error after booting up and no extras running From safe mode also but much less My specs should be able to run anything I throw at it so im pretty sure its some type of malware I've ran both Malware bytes anti-malware amp Microsoft security essentials with no threats detected I run MBytes once a week and it is always actively protecting along with MBytes-Anti Exploit also both are premium versions and up to date I've made a repair disk and booted to memory analyze and got no errors and lastly I've tried to use chkdsk from cmd but got the RAW error chkdsk unavailable for RAW drives I've searched on what the cause of this could be but I couldn't find anything where the disk in question was the actual disk that Windows resides in If I got this error on the windows disk shouldn't I not be able to boot up It makes me think some type of malware is trying to stop me from fixing the errors Making the Raw error come up when it actually isn't Raw Please help guys My life is in this computer and I cant get any work done Also it's pretty frustrating

A:Computer Randomly Freezes/Chkdsk not available for RAW drive error

Welcome aboard  Download GSmartControl for Windows and save it to your desktopUnzip the folder to your desktopDouble click gsmartcontrol.exeAllow the program to search for and list your hard drive(s)Double click your driveGo to the PERFORM TESTS tabMake sure that the TEST TYPE is set to SHORT SELF-TESTClick the EXECUTE buttonAfter the test completes, click the VIEW OUTPUT button and copy and paste the contents in your reply 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586808/computer-randomly-freezeschkdsk-not-available-for-raw-drive-error/
Relevancy 57.62%

I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section but it no 7 no - freezes/hangs BSOD error Pro up randomly code seemed the closest fit At various seemingly random points throughout using the computer Windows simply freezes or locks up No BSOD or error code is given it simply becomes completely unresponsive The only means I have of shutting down restarting is to hold the power button and force it to turn off Using bit Windows Professional Downloaded and clean installed over XP Home a couple weeks ago Computer is an eMachines T with a AMD Sempron processor - circa In an effort to combat old hardware with the new Windows and freezing I 7 Pro freezes/hangs up randomly - no BSOD no error code upgraded to GB RAM watt PSU and an AGP x video card Jaton DFORCE FX TV I tried to update the BIOS currently Phoenix-Award PG today That program hangs up while Windows continued to work I'd love for it to be fully operational It is not used for any gaming - online or otherwise I use it for internet and school work Microsoft Office Adobe Acrobat etc Thanks in advance for any help you can give

A:7 Pro freezes/hangs up randomly - no BSOD no error code

hey i have the same problem with ultimate version.Its not even the temperature issue.Plz help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203888-7-pro-freezes-hangs-up-randomly-no-bsod-no-error-code.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello everyone, since yesterday my pc started having the BSOD randomly. When i turn on my pc after 20-30 minutes my PC either freezes or i get the blue screen with the above code. I will upload the needed files here and i would very much appreciate your help ! Thank you

A:BSOD 0x00000101 error code, PC randomly freezes

Hi djole966,

You are running an HP Product ID on an ASRock board.
This makes your installation counterfeit.
Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Code:
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Djoric
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00010 <-- HP PID on ASRock board
Original Install Date: 11/1/2015, 9:13:57 AM
System Boot Time: 11/1/2015, 4:21:28 PM
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

You are also far behind with the normal user of Windows 7 as you don't have SP1 installed, this makes your system critical vulnerable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384758-bsod-0x00000101-error-code-pc-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 56.76%

So I recently bought a refurbished nbsp R - T- EE online specifically because it was advertised on several sites that it had a thunderbolt port For instance on Newegg http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E on several ebay postings such Need... on Specs R5-471T-52EE several error websites. as this one http www ebay com itm Acer-Aspire-R- R5-471T-52EE Specs error on several websites. Need... -R - T- EE-Core-i - U- GB-SSD- GB-RAM- - p-Touch and most importantly on this page that seems like an official Acer page http us-store acer com aspire-r - t- ee-convertible-notebook which is probably the reason all the other sites have it listed as well The Acer site is specifically the one that made me go for the purchase despite conflicting information on the internet saying it didn't have it nbsp nbsp After recieving the laptop I found out that the USB C port in the laptop does NOT support thunderbolt it has the superspeed USB logo next to it and because it was from ebay it seems it would be very difficult for me to get a refund for it especially considering it was advertised exactly how it is on the Acer site On top of that because it was refurbished and out of warranty I can't find a good way to get in contact with Acer support to try to find a solution to my problem Is there anything I can do in this situation Its a great laptop but without the thunderbolt port it doesn't fit what I need I feel like I got scammed

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-52EE-Specs-error-on-several-websites-Need-Acer-support/td-p/436168/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 56.76%

So I recently bought a refurbished nbsp R - T- EE online specifically because it was advertised on several sites that it had a thunderbolt port For instance on Newegg http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E on several ebay postings such as this one http www ebay com itm Acer-Aspire-R- -R - T- EE-Core-i - U- GB-SSD- GB-RAM- - p-Touch and most importantly on this page that seems like an official Acer page http us-store acer com aspire-r - t- ee-convertible-notebook which is probably the reason all the other sites have it listed as well The Acer site is specifically the one that made me go for the purchase despite conflicting information on the internet saying it didn't have it nbsp nbsp After recieving the laptop I found out that the USB C port in the laptop does NOT support thunderbolt it has the superspeed USB logo next to it and because it was from ebay it seems it would be very difficult for me to get a refund for it especially considering it was advertised exactly how it is on the Acer site On top of that because it was refurbished and out of warranty I can't find a good way R5-471T-52EE on Specs several websites. error Need... to get in contact with Acer support to try to find a solution to my problem Is there anything I can do in this situation Its a great R5-471T-52EE Specs error on several websites. Need... laptop but without the thunderbolt port it doesn't fit what I need I feel like I got scammed

A:R5-471T-52EE Specs error on several websites. Need...

Sorry, but after some checking, I was able to confirm that this model only has USB 3.1, and does not have Thunderbolt 3. I am working on getting the link on our website corrected ASAP. Very sorry for any inconvenience.

Important Links: US Driver Downloads | Knowledge Base Articles | Service LocationsRemember to mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will make it easier for others to find the same information.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471T-52EE-Specs-error-on-several-websites-Need-Acer-support/td-p/436168
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello This is my first Post so I'm trying not to forget anything I have attached the zip folder from the SF diagnostics tool in the folder you should find of my latest mindumps - my big hope is that someone will look at the zipfile and tell me exactly what my problem is Crash description Usually my windows just starts to slowly freeze ends Windows stop 7 up freezes randomly, in Error-BSOD/force-resets this often starts by google Chrome not responding - then my desktop will also begin to be unresponsive Sometimes it recovers but most of the time nothing responds except skype when in a call - this seems to last forever and I am forced to do a Windows 7 freezes randomly, ends up in stop Error-BSOD/force-resets hard reset - UNLESS the computer goes Windows 7 freezes randomly, ends up in stop Error-BSOD/force-resets into bluescreen mode by itself which happened twice in the last week but I was forced to reset the computer much more often A curious thing is after this happens my windows won't boot up instead it will give me a quot disk read error - press ctrl alt delete to restart quot error which I have to solve by unplugging the power waiting a bit and then booting up again Now the thing is I have replaced most of my PC's hardware a few months ago so most of it is pretty new the Mobo the CPU and the RAM and the only quot old quot parts from my previous computer are the PSU the DVD drive and the Hard Disk Drive which was fairly new even before I replaced my computer parts - and my old computer even though I have done a fresh clean win install after replacing all the parts crashed and froze in a very similar manner - how is that even possible I have tried using firefox instead of chrome no effect I also removed my graphics card and I am currently using the onboard chip but it is still giving me those freezes I am really starting to despair as replacing the hardware did not solve my problem at all Please help me I am really out of ideas and I fear consulting a technician that will just charge a lot of money and not even end up fixing the problem Best regards doc

A:Windows 7 freezes randomly, ends up in stop Error-BSOD/force-resets

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public

Tip
Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Avira Public:Start Menu\Programs\Avira Public
Start Menu\Programs\Avira\Avira Desktop Public:Start Menu\Programs\Avira\Avira Desktop Public

Information
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Microsoft Security Essentials
- uninstall the antivirus software from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of the antivirus software using one of these free tools: Antivirus Uninstallers
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's
NOTE: NEVER run more than 1 anti-virus, firewall, Internet Security/Security Center application at the same time.

Then please run these tests and report back the results
------------------------
1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot apps by a clean boot - Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\docsanchez\SF_15-10-2013\101413-15381-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c55000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e98670
Debug session time: Mon Oct 14 23:25:10.592 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:46:35.888
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {fffff8a0013b57b0, ffffffffc000000e, 14a0bf8c0, fffff88009a486b0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
********************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308277-windows-7-freezes-randomly-ends-up-stop-error-bsod-force-resets.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Computer Specs -Manufacturer Cyberpower -Windows Home bit Service Pack Legal copy -Gigabyte socket motherboard unknown model -Intel Core i ghz water cooled by Corsair H -EVGA Nvidia GTX gb - gb Kingston ram specifications and speed unknown - watt Corsair power supply I don't know the other specs but it's brand new and definitely meets the requirements for all of my components - case fans in push pull setup all mm and cfm My Problem I have problems with my computer both of which require me to hold the power button down for seconds to hard reboot and I wait seconds before turning it back on because I heard that was good Computer issue) AND randomly (Hardware signal randomly freezes loses somewhere My computer either A randomly loses signal to the monitor resulting in the monitor going to sleep while my computer is still on When this happens audio from iTunes continues to play normally but I cannot pause it or control the volume which I can usually do from my keyboard This leads me to believe that I have absolutely no Computer randomly freezes AND randomly loses signal (Hardware issue) control over my computer when my computer loses signal with the monitor This can happen at any time when I'm playing a videogame browsing the internet or when the computer is locked and I'm not using it at all B randomly freezes This locks up the computer completely and I am unable to move my mouse or control anything I don't know if audio continues to play because this hasn't occurred while I've been listening to something on iTunes yet This can happen at any time and has even happened before the computer has turned on during the black windows screen before I was prompted to type my password What I know -This is most likely a hardware issue because these issues have been going on since the beginning of the year and I have had multiple reformats since then and have tried to resolve the issue by replacing drivers uninstalling random software and going back to previous versions of patches and drivers before these issues started -This is not an issue with the power supply It has been recently replaced and I have had these issues before and after replacing the power supply -This is not an issue with the RAM same situation as the power supply -This is not an issue with heat because my case has superb air flow and the highest temperature I've seen my CPU at is C while playing a videogame called Guild Wars according to Real Temp -the water cooler has not been leaking What I think -This issue started around the time my power would randomly cut off because of thunderstorms which I think damaged either my Motherboard CPU or Graphics Card could some other part be causing this issue Which do you guys is most likely the problem Could a damaged hard drive possibly be the cause of my problems I'm planning to replace either my motherboard or cpu soon though I think it's most likely caused by the gigabyte motherboard every gigabyte socket motherboard I've seen has gotten terrible reviews on newegg

A:Computer randomly freezes AND randomly loses signal (Hardware issue)

This is my motherboard
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0)
though I'm not sure if mine is rev 1.0 or rev 1.1

I'm hoping that the issue isn't the CPU, Graphics Card, or Hard Drive, as those would cost me the most trouble / money.

Could it be an issue with the BIOS? I don't really know what that is or how it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-randomly-freezes-and-randomly-loses-signal-hardware-issue-599199.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Myself along with a couple to forced Freezes Computer and keeps freezing randomly, restart randomly of other people on this forum have been experiencing the exact same problem I also found some other people on other virus help forums who have the same problem as well This new virus seems to be spreading and no one seems to know what to do about it It just started during the beginning of April The main problem is that my computer just keeps Computer keeps freezing randomly, Freezes randomly and forced to restart randomly freezing It can happen every - minutes or even up to an hour The computer just freezes and you can t do anything except for seeing your mouse move around Ctrl alt delete does nothing at all either It just locks up and you are forced to manually turn off the computer and restart it It is extremely frustrating It all started during the beginning of April where my computer restarted on its own then it just started freezing up I ran several anti virus programs spy ware removal programs and an AVG scan and could find nothing of any relevance I even had a technician come to my house and he couldn t find anything He thinks that it s the memory or ram but I highly doubt that my laptop is only like years old Any help would be greatly appreciated This is a new virus I believe and it is driving me insane thank you I have ran a Malware Antimalware Bites scan AVG Ad Aware Spybot and SUPERAntiSpyware scans all found nothing Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL menusw exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility WCULauncher exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtBty exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Prog... Read more

A:Computer keeps freezing randomly, Freezes randomly and forced to restart

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-keeps-freezing-randomly-freezes-randomly-and-forced-to-restart-363786.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Have no clue as to patterns - genuinely seems random Previously had IE latest service pack loaded and it would Media Machine freezes IE XP removed less Center - freezes randomly frequently Edition freeze on average - times a day - with no dmp file even though the Drwatson registry key was installed Switched to Firefox and immediate improvement - it now freezes randomly once every days or so - often occurs when zonealarm receive green lights are on and sometimes when many apps are open at once Also no blue BSD would show - it just stops working - no mouse response no keyboard response - not even Ctrl Alt Del - wait minutes still nothing Any help would be appreciated - I am pulling my beard out DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by st at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC XAMPP xampp apache bin httpd exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC XAMPP xampp mysql bin mysqld exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC XAMPP xampp apache bin httpd exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files RegCure RegCure exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsTray exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exeC Program XP Media Center Edition Machine freezes randomly - removed IE freezes less frequently Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxext exeC Program Files Elantech XP Media Center Edition Machine freezes randomly - removed IE freezes less frequently ETDCtrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files ASUS EeePC Super Hybrid Engine SuperHybridEngine exeC PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXEC Documents and Settings st My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeC Documents and Settings st My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title myAppmWindow Title myAppBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO ZoneAlarm Toolbar Registrar a a c - - d c-bd d- cb eed e - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllTB ZoneAlarm Toolbar ee ac e -b b - ec - a -bca a ab - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dlluRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exemRun AsusTray c program files eeepc acpi AsTray exemRun AsusACPIServer c program files eeepc acpi AsAcpiSvr exemRun AsusEPCMonitor c progr... Read more

A:XP Media Center Edition Machine freezes randomly - removed IE freezes less frequently

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293026/xp-media-center-edition-machine-freezes-randomly-removed-ie-freezes-less-frequently/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a 17' Samsung 700Z laptop about two years old. Lately, it has been freezing up. I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue or a driver issue or something else. It usually freezes when I am gaming but sometimes freezes when I'm using Firefox as well. Freezes, no mouse movement, audio glitches out and the only fix is to restart it. It will freeze within ten minutes again though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523768/screen-freezes-randomly-manual-restart-but-freezes-again/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have a 11 months old Notebook Tecra9 Toshiba running on vista 32 bits. Recently i'm experience frequent freezes (the desktop, not internet explorer) when using IE7 and also the taskbar would freeze, seems to be caused by audioclientrpc. My laptop is in french, but it's the same report problem as the english version:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
Hang Signature: 7ce1
Hang Type: 128
Waiting on Application Name: svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc
Waiting on Application Version: 0.0.0.0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 9224369711237709974176f646a5196a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 0c9f
Additional Hang Signature 3: a56c4207c57f0df533c0ba603853928d
Additional Hang Signature 4: 7ce1
Additional Hang Signature 5: 9224369711237709974176f646a5196a
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0c9f
Additional Hang Signature 7: a56c4207c57f0df533c0ba603853928d

A:Vista freezes randomly plus taskbar also freezes

I have the same program hanging as well. Have you been able to find a solution yet?

It's driving me crazy as the only thing I've changed on my computer recently was upgrading the RAM from 1 to 2 gigs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-randomly-plus-taskbar-also-freezes-321829.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I was trying to install an HP Printer. It would not install. I called HP and an HP Tech accessed my computer remotely. He pulled up a bunch of error and stopped working messages. He said my computer was about to crash. He wanted a ton of money to fix it. I have no money, so here I am. I have attached a summary of my computer. I am really computer stupid so any help I can get will be truly appreciated.
Annette Manaclay

A:[SOLVED] Error messages and stopped working messages, Windows 7

I don't know where to begin. Let's start be deleting all old versions of Java in your control panel and updating at: java.com: Java + You
Also, stop using ToolWiz and Optimizer Pro These Registry Cleaners cause the kind of problems you're experiencing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-error-messages-and-stopped-working-messages-windows-7-a-735745.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys, my pc has been acting weird lately, it has began randomly crashing frequently. I turn it on and after 3 or so minutes of random activity it just freezes or gives me a blue screen error. Sometimes while playing BF3, it freezes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800033A8B6F
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

THanks!

A:BSOD randomly and PC freezes randomly

Hello TrueYears and welcome to Sevenforums!

You said that you've experience BSODs. For allowing us to debug your errors you've been experiencing, we'll need a little information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

If you're having trouble enabling minidumps, maybe you'll find this speech handy.

Quote:
Your Minidump content should be in the folder at the path C:\Windows\Minidump. If there's no files inside, make sure minidumps are enabled by -
Go to Start, then Run, then type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery button
Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Next time you'd experience a BSOD, a dump is supposed to be generated. When it's generated, wrap it up in a zip and upload it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237795-bsod-randomly-pc-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 49.02%

For the last few months I have been having strange stop errors First they only appeared a few minutes after I started my computer for the first time that day with many different error codes After a couple of months of trying different solutions testing my RAM installing drivers flashing BIOS etc I figured it might startup at BSoD Random and messages randomly be one of my hard drives acting up and I removed my oldest couple Since then my computer has been Random BSoD messages at startup and randomly working fine but today I had two BSODs in a row with quot The video memory manager has encountered a fatal error quot Random BSoD messages at startup and randomly and quot fltmgr sys quot Some other random error codes I ve encountered Memory management Page fault in non paged area Bad pool caller Driver irql not less than or equal Also most of the times my BSOD error dump stops at and claims to be completed but I don t receive a minidump file like when it reaches Sometimes it keeps retrying and stopping at Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU AMD FX- C Zambezi nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd A-UD CPU C Graphics BenQ G HD x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series XFX Pine Group C Hard Drives GB M -CT M SSD ATA Device SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD FAEX- Z A ATA Device SATA C GB Western Digital WDC WD AADS- S B ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- BB ATA Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device I m attaching my dump files from since a few months ago nbsp

A:Random BSoD messages at startup and randomly

Looks like you still have a hard drive issue, but it is the boot drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-messages-at-startup-and-randomly.207851/
Relevancy 48.59%

recently my pc is going crazy freezes a few times an hour even froze up when i was writing this so im gonna keep it short there are no messages and if im watching a movie or freezes pc with messages no something i get a buzzing sound when the pc freezes btw i have recently changed my ram but i do not remember if this was happening before because the freezing part started long ago and when it did it was very rare i see people posting their hijackthis pc freezes with no messages logs for similar reasons so im gonna post mine just in case maybe it will show something Logfile of Trend Micro pc freezes with no messages HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x O bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe C Program Files x Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe C Windows system sdra exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run O quot C Program Files x O bin sprtcmd exe quot P O O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run UnlockerAssistant quot C Program Files x Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe quot O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdatePDRShortCut quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDirector MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDirector quot UpdateWithCreateOnce quot Software CyberLink PowerDirector quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run DivXUpdate quot C Program Files x DivX DivX Update DivXUpdate exe quot CHECKNOW O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKCU Run uTorrent quot C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe quot O - HKCU Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C Windows system spool DRIVERS x E IATIAIE EXE FU quot C Windo... Read more

A:pc freezes with no messages

s 92:
Which version of W7? 32 or 64 bit?

Computer brand, model & model #, please.

btw , i have recently changed my ram , but i do not remember if this was happening before , because the freezing part started long ago and when it did , it was very rareClick to expand...

Put your computer's ram back to the previous configuration.

2. If that doesn't solve the problem, boot to safe mode w/ networking. Use your computer.
NOTE: You will have no security [ antivirus, anti spyware, firewall ].

See Section 2 at http://help.artaro.eu/index.php/win...dows-7/repair-your-computer-in-windows-7.html

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-with-no-messages.926659/
Relevancy 48.16%

My friend is having this problem, and she has no idea what to do. The message "is that you on this photo (live link removed) randomly send to people on her contact list. Any idea's on what to do to get rid of it?(Moderator edit: Live link removed. jgweed)

A:Annoying Message Pops Up And Sends Messages Randomly On Msn Messenger

Have her update, and run her Antivirus.Also run these online virus scanners:BitDefenderhttp://housecall.trendmicro.com/Also this online Trojan scanner:TrojanScanAlso try AVG Anti-Spyware - Windows 2000 and XP, only.If that doesn't help, I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!If the steps, prior to the posting of a HijackThis log don't eliminate the problem:Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, >at this link<. Do not, post it in this topic.Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response from the HJT Team, because they are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.If you haven't heard back from them in 5 days, go to this topic, Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?, and carefully follow all directions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88291/annoying-message-pops-up-and-sends-messages-randomly-on-msn-messenger/
Relevancy 48.16%

Today as i was watching a video on youtube, my pc instantly shut down and restarted automatically. this happened approximately 3 times when i opened the event viewer and i saw a the critical message:
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

A:Windows restarts randomly, getting critical messages (Kernel-Power)

Yiannis have you run any scans at all?? If not try these for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download from bleepingcomputer delete any rubbish found with themalware scans

I am assuming this machine is not that old so have you tried just reseating everything as well - could be as simple as plug a bit loose. ?

Sorry mate can't help with those files though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318993-windows-restarts-randomly-getting-critical-messages-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I run Windows WD MyPassport TB Problems first started about halfway into a Vuze transcode for a movie the randomly External WD HD denied messages. giving me access My started is original file and the transcode folder are both on the drive First it wasn t letting me My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. right-click delete rename the option for those wasn t on the right click list but everything else was I restarted and still the same I did the Check Disk in the HD menu I ticked the recover bad sector box and it wasn t moving didn t feel like waiting so I stopped it My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages. and afterwards anything I tried to do gave me quot access is denied quot I forgot that I had formatted it into ExFAT so my TV would recognize it and I had movies files were gig in size which might cause problems It says under the security tab it is quot unable to display current owner quot I would really rather not format it s not even letting me select it for lack of privileges but if that s all I can do then so be it It s saying it has no used space or available space its half full nbsp

A:My WD External HD randomly started giving me access is denied messages.

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seemed to work, it said there was something wrong with it still and promted me to do another check disk scan which said there were no problems (I didnt select the "bad sector" option) (durr!) but I remember it doing something similar before, should I format it back to NTFS, Is that what is causing the problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wd-external-hd-randomly-started-giving-me-access-is-denied-messages.191994/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi How u doing Every time i switch my PC on after logging in it pops up with this message quot c windows system rfefur smss exe quot Ever since this my PC runs relatively slow and freezes very Up Messages A Pops While Then Windows After Freezes PC often Even when my computer is idle it sounds as if some programme is running in the background when there isnt even when my AVG is switched off I've done all the virus scan and everything seems to be clean Below is my DDS and Hijack This DDS Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Owner on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore is disabled attempting to re-enable success -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Owner exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Common Files Windows Messages Pops Up Then PC Freezes After A While Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Wireless LAN Utility tiwlnsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system bcmwltry exe C Program Files Wireless LAN Utility TIWLANCu exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dss exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Owner exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG win ini load C WINDOWS system zrfefux smss exe O - Hosts free grisoft com O - Hosts housecall trendmicro com O - Hosts usa kaspersky com O - Hosts ewido net O - Hosts zonelabs com O - Hosts www zonelabs com O - Hosts www bitdefender com O - Hosts download bitdefender com O - Hosts upgrade bitdefender com O - Hosts spywareinfo com O - Hosts www spywareinfo com O - Hosts merijn org O - Hosts www merijn org O - Hosts sysinternals com O - Hosts www sysint... Read more

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello First thank you for spending your time reading this Now weeks I m having problems with my pc I experienced different cases of failure starting from freezes in most of the cases reboots and different types of BSOD I will try to treat each case and make the problem more clear for you Freezes It happens almost - times a day in this case I m forced to hard-turn off if I press the reboot button the screen just goes black and BSOD reboots Freezes, messages Solved: and hangs there until I hard-turn off it then I turn it on and it starts normally it happens when I try to download a large file try to install something or just browse on the internet no event viewer message and no dump file is created While writing this thread happened times Reboots It happens or times a day and as a results a dump file is created Solved: Freezes, reboots and BSOD messages Happens in the above mentioned cases BSOD time in days or more often with different types of messages IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I tired reparing and also formatting the operating system replacing RAM modules HDD IDE cables the replacements were also old and I m not sure if they were healthy at all and still the same For more I uploaded all my dump files thanks a lot for reading this I ll wait for your reply P S Sorry for my english I m not a native speaker nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I m having serious issues with my computer It takes a long time to load upon starting takes a long time to get to my destination when it gets on the page it freezes and a message appears saying Not Responding A windows runs slow. freezes Responding) computer messages, and (Not message then pops up saying quot You ve chosen to end a program that s not responding If you end now you ll lose all unsaved work quot I can either chose quot End now or cancel quot If I cancel the page doesn t unfreeze I know it can be either a software conflict or malware but I don t know which one I ve already recently ran a performance booster on it and that really didn t do much that I can see I ve defragged too I ran a registry cleaner on it I cleared the caches It hasn t changed a thing There s one other user on my computer who s downloaded some various programs I know he doesn t check on the software before downloading HELP I was going to choose a (Not Responding) messages, computer freezes and runs slow. free software to tell me if I have software issues or hardware issues but (Not Responding) messages, computer freezes and runs slow. I don t know which ones are the best and less harmful for my computer Also I haven t tried a malware removal either I m afraid to download anything and ONLY trust Techspot to tell me which ones to download Any suggestions Thank you Chassa nbsp

A:(Not Responding) messages, computer freezes and runs slow.

Please follow these 8-steps and post resulting logs in Virus and Malware Removal forum. Also do tell them what is your system specs / operating system (what service packs you may have installed etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-responding-messages-computer-freezes-and-runs-slow.154090/
Relevancy 46.44%

In the last - weeks Windows Mail has started to freeze when I try to delete certain messages This applies to all folders including Deleted Items When I click Delete the dreaded blue circle appears and sits there rotating indefinitely Sometimes I can get round this by closing the Solved: Mail messages Windows deleting certain when freezes program and restarting but more often than not I have to reboot Solved: Windows Mail freezes when deleting certain messages before I can delete the message without WM freezing This only seems to happen when a mail has a PDF attachment I ve tried updating and disabling Adobe Reader but this doesn t help I didn t really think it would I ve also recreated all the Solved: Windows Mail freezes when deleting certain messages files in App Data Local Microsoft Windows Mail - to no effect I haven t changed my antivirus and am pretty sure I have no malware on my computer I ve tried System Restore too The fault seems to be random in that not all mails with PDF attachmets get stuck but enough do to be really annoying Anyone else experienced this and or got any tips Could it be a bug caused by a recent update and if so do MS know about it I ve tried Live Mail but don t really like it - other than this problem I like WM Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Mail freezes when deleting certain messages

It appears that nobody else has had this problem, so perhaps it's something specific to my computer. Since I wrote the above post the problem hasn't reoccurred, and although I have a feeling it'll resurface some time, I'll close the question for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-mail-freezes-when-deleting-certain-messages.899630/
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve Freezes Randomly PC Tried everythnig that techspot admin s had told me to do Replace PSU Get new mobo and Processor Practically changed the important parts even the video card Im stuck it doesnt freeze all the time just sometimes For PC Randomly Freezes Example I will be playing games like WW WOW or CS PC Randomly Freezes then my screen will lock up Question - im using mobo that supports dual meaning i can duel my ram but I put my ram in as singles would that cause the problem i m not sure tho replaced all my parts all that i have left that i really havent checked is my HD s and CD-rom and Ram unsure how to check Im running a AMD watt PSU G-force Asrock dual sata seagate barracuda s and maxtors hard drive also a LG dvd drive Question if i swap the hard drives and the problem is still occuring the last HD i used if i keep it plugged in would it crash the computer is that possible or am i just guessing more suggestions ill keep trying nbsp

A:PC Randomly Freezes

I bet this is happening because of that crazy motherboard you have. That is the one that has pci-e AND agp? That's stupid man, get rid of it and get a real mobo like the Epox 9npa+ Ultra. Try removing a hard drive too. Ram as singles wouldnt cause a problem. Why would you run it in singles, dual channel is faster. Plus it isn't your mobo that supports dual channel ddr400, it is the integrated memory controller on the Athlon 64. Also, can you check the temperatures? Download a program called speed fan and check the temperatures periodically you might have an overheating problem.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan429.exe

Also, can you please give ALL your specs in detail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-freezes.56440/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all..
I have this problem since 2 Days, before that everything was fine..

Right now XP freezes randomly and mainly during..

Antivirus scan (ESET Nod32)
Antimalware scan (A2 Anti-Malware)
registry cleaner scan (ccleaner)
Installing any new software
Uninstalling any software
randomly sometimes at the start up
firefox with multiple tabs, or while on youtube

Tried system restore... but it freezes in between even in safe mode

This problem is in both OS.. Ubuntu and XP.. So might be a hardware issue!! but no new hardware installed..

What to do now? As system freezes while scanning and system restore..

My system info:

Intel Pentium III 933MHz
Desktop Board : D815EEA2
384 MB SD RAM
OSs: Windows XP Pro SP2 and Ubuntu 8.04
Samsung samtron 55v monitor 15"
Graphic card: Intel 82815 graphic controller
ACPI Power Controll
C-Media PCI CM8738 4 channel soundcard
Realtech Ethernet controller (Hanghaou silan microchip)
160GB Seagate HDD

A:XP freezes Randomly..

If your computer is not at least Sevice Pack 1 installed, do so immediately. It could be some missing patches that's causing the computer to hang from my experience. But you can directly install Service pack 2/3. But remember to clean up all your cache from the temp folder before you do the patching. But since you're using only a P3, it's probably time to upgrade your hardware as well. As it might take a while to do this patch.

Melvin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-randomly-302462.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Running XP home SP PC has been randomly freezing This has been going on for some time but I've been putting up with it It started after a power failure When the power came back on I noticed it freezing No BSOD it just doesn't do anything when it occurs Mouse still works but nothing happens if you click on anything It doesn't matter what browser I'm using When this occurs a small white rectangle appears in the upper freezes randomly PC left hand corner Sometimes I PC randomly freezes also hear a low pitched rumble coming from the case I've ran Spybot S amp D Adaware Defender Super Anti-spyware Eusing and CCleaner as well as my anti-virus I've also ran Data Lifeguard Usually it returns to normal after a PC randomly freezes minute or two but sometimes I have to open the task manager to close the browser then it will work just fine when the browser is reopened The sites don't seem to matter as it has frozen on TSF The pc may go two or three days without this occuring and then again it might happen four or five times in a single day I checked the temp and it's running at C So far it doesn't freeze if I'm playing a game Dr Watson says pc has no issues LOL

A:PC randomly freezes

I suspect your harddrive or power supply may have been damaged when you lost power ,,,and I am assuming your PC was power on when you had the Power failure correct? have you run a harddrive diagnostics test using the manufactures test software? if it passes then I suspect you have a bad power supply and need to replace it with a good quality one....what size is the power supply in Watts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-randomly-freezes-385555.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently built my own computer that I had been saving up for I put it together installed the OS everything was fine Then it started freezing during games or when I m just sitting listening to music The mouse becomes unresponsive all sounds completely stop and I can t use the keyboard at all I ve been monitoring the temperature of the CPU GPU etc during gameplay and it never reaches above degrees Celsius PC randomly freezes? so it couldn t be that It s really getting on my nerves especially when I m Skyping with friends and suddenly I have to hard reset the computer Here s my PC specs PC randomly freezes? Spoiler CPU Intel Core i - GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard Asus B M-A D Micro ATX LGA Memory G Skill Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage A-Data Premier SP GB quot SSD amp Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB SuperSC ACX Video PC randomly freezes? Card PSU CORSAIR CX series CX M W ATX V v PLUS BRONZE Certified OS Windows I was thinking it might be the motherboard But I really have no clue EDIT I don t know if this will help but I did a Speccy scan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-randomly-freezes.1168327/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an old HP Pro microtower PC i nbsp Because of performance problems I replaced the original memory with x GB Kingston DDR and added a GB Samsung SSD There is a TB Silicon Power external HDD connected to it nbsp Nowadays nbsp I am detecting random freezes nbsp The computer stops responding no mouse no keyboard I have to restart it nbsp with the physical power button After the restart randomly PC freezes it usually takes - minutes to reach the HP logo of nbsp the boot screen a lot longer than usual I cannot connect the phenomenon to a given software or time It PC freezes randomly usually happens when I am using Chrome but I use it in of my computer time so it can be a simple coincidence It happens when nbsp scrolling a webpage or playing a flash game sometimes when I try to wake up the PC from sleep Software that are usually running - Avast Home Avir- Dropbox- Chrome nbsp What I did - changed the SSD before the Samsung it happened with an OCZ SSD drive too - did a memory test two individual memtest programs determined the memory sticks be OK - did a clean Windows installStill it freezes at random times nbsp nbsp Any tips are welcome

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/PC-freezes-randomly/td-p/5703385
Relevancy 46.01%

A continuation of this thread here:

BSOD - I don't see one though! (Windows 7)

I sent my motherboard back for repair and they said they found 'issues' and fixed them.

However it's started all over again after only 2 days! My PC froze randomly whilst watching a video, there was no BSOD, there was no minidump file.

Code:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1791 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 384 Mb
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A88T-V EVO/USB3, Rev X.0x, MT7013040701135

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-randomly-610818.html
Relevancy 46.01%

A continuation of this thread here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1015068-bsod.html

I sent my motherboard back for repair and they said they found 'issues' and fixed them.

However it's started all over again after only 2 days! My PC froze randomly whilst watching a video, there was no BSOD, there was no minidump file.

Relevancy 46.01%

hello first sorry if my english doesn t make sense sometimes I have XP Pro and Vista Busseniss running on my pc Asus A n-SLI deluxe AMD GT MB pciE x Mb ram IDE harddrive freezes randomly PC Gig both OS are fresh PC freezes randomly installs I use my pc for al sort of things Music movie s msn gaming etc For a PC freezes randomly few weeks now my pc just randomly freezes S no matter what i do sometimes i can can use my pc for an hour or and the other times min or so i have no idea what it could be a friend of mine said that it could be the bios that i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont want to to do that cause i m afraid i ll screw something up Does anyone have any idea s on what i could do or how It isn t the tempature cause those are all normal It isn t a software problem cause i had my OS reinstalled a few times I ll appreciate any help Thnx nbsp

A:PC freezes randomly

Hi ,

Have a look at this link http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html

It will help in Diagnosting your PC...

as to the BIOS updated... every manufacturer supplies applications for updating their Products... try here for ASUS http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-randomly.77663/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi everyone first of all mery christmas and a happy newyear to you all well here it comes my problem is the continuation of i have a pc wich i configured myself now all these parts are brand new the problem lays here since i installed everything on and in my pc it freezes up up pc randomly freezes at random times up to - times a day you can do the math of rebooting the pc yourself if you know that pc freezes up randomly this problem occurs from octobre im at the end of my latin here ill number up the solutions i already tried i formatted the pc more then times already no lies the pc refuses to install XP so i use Windows home premium bit instead the pc went back to the shop pc freezes up randomly they tried everything they could by replacing and testing every single part pc freezes up randomly of hardware the recognize that there is a problem but they couldnt solve it they stress tested and benchmarked the pc and all but are powerless its a problem for the books they said i sincerly hope that you guys could provide me with a solution im really fed up with this built and it costed me allot of money and i couldnt enjoy it once it comming so close that i want to smash it up and throw it out of the window my built is - motherboard Intel dx s - processor Intel I - graphicscard Nvidia Geforce GTS gb - memory x GB ddr - hdd TB hdd - power W powersupply - fans for the heat sincerly sturmer ps if you need more info plz lett me know nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My PC has been freezing randomly When that happens the system does not respond There is no error message or blue screen of death When it crashes it does not automatically reboot After pressing the restart button my PC wont boot up until I completely switched it off for some time I scanned that PC with Avast Anti virus and it came back clean Suspecting malware to be the problem I posted a HijackThis log here http www bleepingcomputer com forums top tml entry and DaveM has checked my HijackThis Log I'm using Windows XP Home SP and it is updated frequently Thanks for your help Hi TheGonK Welcome to Bleeping Computer I have examined your HijackThis log and it shows no evidence of malware There is a lineO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kthis indicates that the system has crashed When the system freezes does it show a blue screen with an error message If so the next time your computer crashes please write down the entire message including all numbers and letters Post that information in a new topic on the Windows XP forum not here Please mention that I Pc Freezes Randomly have checked your log for malware If the system stops responding and does not put up a blue screen post that information to the same forum The only thing I can do is to press the restart button on the PC and my PC wont boot up for a random time Be sure to mention that after the system crashes it will not reboot right away This may be an important clue My guess is that you have a hardware failure but there are folks at the XP forum who Pc Freezes Randomly have a lot more experience than I do They will be able to guide you in diagnosing the problem One suggestion -- if you do not have an up-to-date backup of your data files make one now Pc Freezes Randomly Good luck Dave

A:Pc Freezes Randomly

A heat problem or bad memory module can cause these problems also. Both are easy to determine.Follow the instruction in the following link to determine if it is heat relate because of dirt or an broken fan. Cleaning the Interior of your PCThe memory test is just as easy. Not as fun if you like to tinker with the hardware, like you would cleaning the inside of the computer. It consists of a program, Mem86 memory tester, that either boots from a floppy or CD.I would start with the memory test. I am not saying this isyour problem, but it is an easy way to rule out two possibilities.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75858/pc-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 46.01%

My PC will freeze at random, sometimes as it's booting up, sometimes 5 minutes into use, as I'm writing it hasn't frozen for 20 mins or so. There is no indicator as to when it will happen.

Things I have changed since the problem started: I added an Audigy SoundBlaster SE and intalled the drivers over a week ago. I added a 2.1 speaker system (incl. sub) but I have experienced freezing even when the power is switched off at the mains. I added a D-Link USB hub a few days ago which has my modem, external HDD and MP3 cable plugged in. Other than that I have installed MAME32 (a computer game emulator) and that's about it.

I'm running WinXP Pro (SP2), I have a 400w power supply, AMD 2700xp, 512 DDR. Anything else you need to know please ask.

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Can you get into safe mode?

Jay.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-randomly-173941.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. My PC randomly freezes and the only way to power it off is via the PSU switch. I did SFC scans and swapped out the old RAM with new one but it still freezes. I also scanned for viruses and ran CCleaner. I don't get any errors at all, it just freezes. I'm completely stumped, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PC Specs:
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 1GB
CPU: Intel E5400 @ 2.7Ghz
RAM: 2.50 GB
Motherboard: ASROCK G31M-GS R2.0
PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600W
HDD: WD 160 GB

Nothing is overclocked.

A:PC Randomly Freezes

I have had the same issue before when I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 on one of my machines. I got random computer freezes and hangs. I installed all necessary windows updates and updated the devices drivers but the problem still persists until when I tried to clock down my RAM settings in BIOS and the issue have been resolved so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-freezes.203772/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys i'm superbboy,

I've got a problem with my laptop.
It crashes/freezes randomly and gives my like no internet for a fhew seconds and then it's ok again.
But sometimes it freezes for 30 seconds and my network card is then shut off!
I have no clue why it's doing this!
I have to restart my computer to continue working with the web for some reason and that is the problem i need the web or else i can't do my work for school ...
Can somebody come up with a solution and quick because this is driving me nuts!

Sincerely,

Superbboy

A:Xp freezes randomly

C'mon guys i really need support with this please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-randomly-438163.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have this problem since past few weeks and i cant find a solution for it and was hoping if anyone could help me out.
The problem that i am having is that every time i listen to music or watching vidoes in net randmoly there are glitches like pauses and the sound sometimes gets robotic or goes slow motion.
Also when i turn my computer it takes my computer about 7-8 minutes to boot.

Here are my Specs.
Motherboard: Intel corporation D945GCCR AAD78647-301
Bios: Intel Corp. CR94510J.86A.0037.2007.0103.1611
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Package: Socket 775 LGA
Supported Voltage 1.420 v
Memory Type DDR2 PC2 5300 (333 MHz)
Installed Size 512 MBytes x2 total (1GB Ram) - 266.0 MHz
Sound card - inbuilt
Video card - inbuilt

Can anyone help me out

One make sure the system CPU heat-sink fin are not clogged with dust same goes for the PSU and the rest of the system board. If there is dust remove it with a can of dust remover.

Try using AGP video card at 8x with 256MB and Video Sound Card instead of onboard. You might one to do this the easiest way is to buy the AGP card first then try it and see if the hicups go away. Remember to disable onboard video too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-randomly.140130/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. So I have this problem for a long time and it really bothers me.

PC spec:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.6 GHz
2 GB of RAM
32-bit Operating System
Display Adapter: nVidia GeForge 8400 GS

So here's the thing: my computer freezes randomly when using it, and by freezing I mean I can't do anything (press a key, move mouse) and screen just remains frozen. Nothing happens and I have to restart it. I have all the drivers installed. I have this problem for some time (more than 6 months) so I can't really relate it to a certain program that I installed.

If it helps in any way, I noticed that the freeze occurs often when I browse the internet (using Firefox).

Any clues on this?

Hmmm... Try another browser for a while just to make sure. I had the same problem when I was playing a videogame and I'm 100% sure it was game fault. I did some search on the web and found that a lot of people with FF 15 are experiencing the same issue. FF 15.0.1 repeatedly freezes my entire computer; can't forcequit; need power button to shut down/restart; completely random, not an addon issue. | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support
Check if you have the latest version, 18.

Run this anti-malware program -> Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
And some anti virus that you have installed

Also, you may want to do a Repair Install

Altrough this sounds more like a overheating problem. If I overclock my CPU too much, it also freezes after a while. Check your CPU/Motherboard temperatures before doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280373-pc-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I'm new to this forum so please go easy on me if I say or do something that's just plain stupid I am running XP Pro and I've been experiencing random freezing of my system It will be running normally then suddenly I'll get green lines which will overlay the screen The system will then freeze then everything will disappear off the screen although the machine sounds like it's still running Freezes.... Randomly XP the fan etc is XP Randomly Freezes.... still running To get things started I will have to restart using the manual button cause there is nothing on the screen Once restarted everything goes back to normal however sometimes I will get an 'Active Desktop Recovery' message This does not happen everytime I use SKype alot and it freezes while I'm on calls however it will freeze even XP Randomly Freezes.... when the computer is just sitting idle I'm XP Randomly Freezes.... lost and want to be able to fix this problem myself so I can learn something My feeling is that it seems to happen more when weather is hotter although this is just my gut feel I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite and scan regularly with Spybot Please help Jamie

A:XP Randomly Freezes....

Do you have a separate graphics card installed, and if so, does the motherboard have onboard graphics also? Does the PC make any beeps just before or during the problem?

PS, people are only plain stupid if they don't ask for help, so don't run yourself down mate!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-randomly-freezes-206515.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I ve just installed Windows Ultimate bit On my PC which is nearly years old I have so far only installed a few things McAfee Mozilla firefox Nvidia drivers sound drivers USB internet card etc I ve been trying to figure out this problem I ve been having where the whole Please randomly PC help freezes! computer freezes and I cannot move PC randomly freezes! Please help mouse ctrl alt del or anything and I have to manually restart the computer with the power button for it to come back on I ll boot back up everything will be fine then Boom does it again I don t get any error code or anything I really don t think it is a heat issue like I have seen for many problems like this as I have liquid cooling and from what I see a lot of fans in my PC on each side in front on back and I think on the motherboard also I have registry mechanic and have scanned and fixed all issues with the registry and still get this problem I do not know much about computers at all and really have no clue what is going on I really need help as this is stopping me doing anything on my PC Edit Forgot to add I have reformatted times over the last days and still have this problem Cheers Andy nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

First of all im sorry about my bad english and im sorry if i started the thread in the wrong place Okay im not sure how could I describe this on title sorry For a month im not sure my computer was saying an error like quot Phlanderingshahs dll not found quot or something like that upon the start of the computer i dont remember I wrote down to the google there was no any information freezes randomly. pc My about My pc freezes randomly. quot Phlanderingshahs dll quot However computer was doing every function normally Im not sure if my problem is related with that anyway just wanted you to know But few My pc freezes randomly. days ago i go out for - hours my pc was on and when i came back the computer was ULTRA SLOW wasn't responsing to any application i reseted pc few times nothing changed i couldnt even use internet to ask help Sometimes after i reset the computer it gives an error about quot werfault exe quot I reinstalled the operating system deleted everything in harddisks including system files and stuff It kinda worked but today it slowly happens again computer sometimes doesnt respond to applications like skype freezes needs a reset

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-pc-freezes-randomly-1148209.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I've got a problem with my PC freezing - it just freezes randomly every 40-60mins or so for about 3-4 minutes and then unfreezes again. Sound stops, can't move my mouse. Diode on the case is suggesting that hard drive also stops working.
As I have 3 hdds, I thought it's the drive issue as the system was running on the 5 or 6 years old drive. I reainstalled my system to the relatively fresh drive (about 2 y.o) with cleaning all the drives by the way, but nothing has changed.

What can be the issue? Memory? CPU? Motherboard? Or a power supply?

What version of Windows are you running and what antivirus program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-randomly.186640/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys for a few months now i have been getting these randomly freezes and they keep increasing in numbers SOmetimes a day can pass without any problems and i normally get pc freezes daily so i have to restart the randomly. freezes PC Pc It froze when playing games watching movies browsing etc then While Trying to format the Pc So i couldnt even format Got to the Set region settings and it PC freezes randomly. just froze PC freezes randomly. I am also having troubles booting the pc today i had to turn the pc on for like times and sometimes it freezes in the Win loading screen PC freezes randomly. so completly random My PC is like years old and only the Gpu and Psu are bought this year i also read the Battery needs to get changed every years and that could be the cause never changed it This is my pc Cpu Intel Pentium Dual CPu E Ghz Gb ram Gtx mb Psu Seasonic W Bronze Win bit Socket Mobo GCM-S L GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA- GCM-S L rev I wanted to re seat the gpu but the gpu is so big i cant reach the thing bellow it

A:PC freezes randomly.

Hi,

Possible memory issues, especially since you mentioned it happened even when going to perform a clean install.

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-randomly-701833.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My PC has been freezing randomly recently The only thing I can do is to press the restart button on the PC and my PC wont boot up for a random time I scanned that PC with Avast Anti virus Randomly Freezes Pc and it came back clean I just want to check if there is any another malware or stuff like that Pc Freezes Randomly Thanks for your help in advanceLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENSG SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer speedbooster pacific net sg O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorunO - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation To... Read more

A:Pc Freezes Randomly

Hi TheGonK,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I have examined your HijackThis log and it shows no evidence of malware. There is a lineO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -kthis indicates that the system has crashed.When the system freezes, does it show a blue screen with an error message? If so, the next time your computer crashes, please write down the entire message, including all numbers and letters. Post that information in a new topic on the Windows XP forum, not here. Please mention that I have checked your log for malware.If the system stops responding and does not put up a blue screen, post that information to the same forum.The only thing I can do is to press the restart button on the PC and my PC wont boot up for a random time.Be sure to mention that after the system crashes, it will not reboot right away. This may be an important clue. My guess is that you have a hardware failure, but there are folks at the XP forum who have a lot more experience than I do. They will be able to guide you in diagnosing the problem.One suggestion -- if you do not have an up-to-date backup of your data files, make one now. Good luck,Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75813/pc-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 46.01%

Help I am forced to reset my computer a number of times using the power button which cannot be good Freezes randomly! Help!...PC at all for the PC because it keeps freezing randomly There does not seem to be any pattern involved with Help!...PC Freezes randomly! the freezing at all I have also done all scans I can think of to check for viruses malware etc I have performed a Hijack This scan the log is posted below In addition to this the PC is extremely slow and whenever I enter Microsoft Outlook the computer freezes temporarily and then slows right down I would appreciate any help at all that anybody has Cheers Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-pc-freezes-randomly-257207.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys,
My custom built PC was started freezing randomly today. The mouse stops moving, the HDD stops responding, and Contol alt delete does nothing. What should I check first?

Quote: Originally Posted by MicroMister

Hey guys,
My custom built PC was started freezing randomly today. The mouse stops moving, the HDD stops responding, and Contol alt delete does nothing. What should I check first?

I had this issue a long time ago. Here's what I did to resolve this:

1) Deleted all unwanted, unnecessary files i.e., cookies, internet temp files, through CCleaner and by running command "prefetch" Run dialog.

2) Ran my AV to just be sure that there is No Malicious agent causing the failure.

3) Reinstalled OS as Sound card & USB were not responding (did installed Sound card's s/w)

After a fresh installing everything worked smoothly and its been now 2.3 years since that day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305002-pc-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi

Would anyone know how to find out why XP would freeze anything up to 5 times per day ?

Keyboard and mouse won't work - I have had Task Manager on view all the time and when a freeze occurs, nothing is eating cpu or any particular process is being accessed ?

Any help with this mystery ?

Thanks

Mike
UK

Relevancy 46.01%

Man this has been going on since I bought my new PC... AND I'M REALLY GETTING TIRED OF IT!

Randomly, my PC freezes and I have to hard reboot. It seem to happend most when I watch a video online or make music, but it can happen anytime also.
I've tried everything.. reinstalling OS, drivers and such...

Please someone help me!
MY specs: Windows 7 64 bit ultimate
core i5 750
radeon 5850
RAM - (using 2 of these in dual channel) http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT25664BA1339
Intel 80gb x-25m ssd 2 generation
Corsair 650W

Please people!

Relevancy 46.01%

My PC randomly hangs, the hard drive light stays on and the monitor goes into standby (as if it's getting no signal). So I can't use the mouse or keyboard (no response to anything). The only solution is to cycle power. This happens several times a day. I ran Norton (previously) and now McAffee (latest version) several times and no viruses are detected. Have not replaced any hardware. This is a Dell Dimension 2400 running XP. Does not seem to be related to any particular application, will even happen overnight when nothing is happening. I've also disabled all scheduled programs, run disk cleanup and defrag. Can this be a RAM or HDD problem? The PC is about 5 years old.

Probably worth testing your memory . . click on the link to Memtest in my signature . . let it run on one stick at a time overnite or until it starts reporting errors

How to burn an ISO file: How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

If the memory checks out, then I would run diagnostics on the hard drive

run diagnostics on the hard drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/pc-randomly-freezes-moved-from-xp-568369.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay, I'm getting this issue and it seems bother me for a long long time. My desktop randomly freeze (often in browsing and playing any games). I did reformat my PC for, I think 7 to 8 times, buying new PSU, new motherboard and processor, update all drivers and even do the FurMark and MemTest86 for many times even leave it for overnight but still the problems exist. What can I do again?

My specs :

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
6GB Ram
Radeon HD 6950 Graphic card
Seagate 320GB HDD
MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard
PSU 580

A:PC Randomly Freezes.

Welcome to the forums vicyond!

Have you tried running a sfc/scannow to check for and possibly repair any damaged/corrupted system files? We have many excellent tutorials here at the forums, heres one on how to do that if you haven't before, just click on the link.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328792-pc-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Alright I have quite a large issue with my main pc The pc completely PC randomly. freezes freezes at random The mouse the keyboard even the restart button If I press the restart button enough times the pc either shutdowns or shutdowns and then starts up again but not a restart The freeze sometimes happens minutes after I've started to computer and sometimes half an hour It isn't related to any specific program as it happened while PC freezes randomly. I was on Mozzila MS Word Windows Media Player and Warcraft Now what I did was unplug the internet and restored my system to an earlier point Then I PC freezes randomly. proceeded PC freezes randomly. to clean up the disks defragment and make sure that at least of the hard drive disks are free This actually worked and the pc didn't freeze up again I left it running for half a day doing various things and nothing As soon as I plugged the internet back in maybe minutes later the pc freezes again I unplugged it again and it still froze after minutes or so After another system restore I was fine again until a day later when I decided to try my luck with the internet again I'm guessing it's some virus that activates when the pc connects to the internet and then up the registry or something explaining why the pc still freezes even if it's offline The system restore erases the up but not the virus itself which is why any contact with the internet generates the same problem all over again However this is just a guess and I'm here to ask what you guys think Anybody have a similar problem Any suggestions

Relevancy 46.01%

Every time someone sends me a message on MSN, all of MSN just chokes up and freezes for a bit. It's especially annoying with people who send me tons of short one- or two-word messages, because it just makes it slow down to a crawl and takes a couple of minutes to unfreeze after they've sent them - and in the meantime I can't read or respond to *anyone's* messages.

I'm using 64-bit Win7 on a laptop with a 1.9GHz Turion and 3GB of RAM. There's no reason msn shouldn't work perfectly fine on this machine. It works perfectly fine on my old laptop with only a Pentium M 1.6GHz chip and 1GB of RAM, as well as on my parents' desktop which has similar specs to this computer (and is using 32-bit Win7).

So what's going on here?

A:Windows Live Messenger freezes when people send me messages

also, forgot to mention: The version I'm using is 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-messenger-freezes-when-people-send-me-messages-466932.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey.

My computer works fine for about an hour and 30 minutes and the taskbar starts to freeze. Then my desktop is slow to respond. When I try to access Windows Task Manager to reboot my explorer.exe, my cursor loads but nothing pops up. I then have to restart my computer. This problem has been bugging me for about a week. I scanned for viruses, cleaned out my computer, and tried all sorts of solutions, but nothing seems to work. I have also checked for threads on here similar to mine, but I'm not sure about any of them. My situation seems different.

Here is my Computer's info:

System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
T7700 @ 2.40GHz
2.39 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

A:Taskbar freezes randomly.

Try booting into safe mode and see if you experience the same problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/taskbar-freezes-randomly-580953.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Okay I really dont know what is wrong with my computer Its been through some hell One hard drive was destroyed last year due to viruses but since then Been trying to keep it as clean as possible Well I really dont know how to explain this Its like it will randomly lock up when freezes up.. randomly need some Really Computer help.. ever it wants to and I have to turn it off and then turn it back on And sometimes Rarely I will get an error saying quot Disk boot failure Insert system disk and press enter key quot But restarting it solves that problem Sometimes it will stay up for hours Othertimes I ll walk off Computer randomly freezes up.. Really need some help.. for five minutes after having it on for like minutes and it does this I just hope someone can help me because this is seriously driving me Computer randomly freezes up.. Really need some help.. nuts I dont know if my hard drive is just close to dieing Like I said I have no idea whats Computer randomly freezes up.. Really need some help.. wrong Have had to format a couple times trying to solve this BTW Sorry if this is the wrong spot I wasnt sure where to post something like this Seeing as how I have no idea whats causing this and was hoping someone could help me figure that out Thanks in advance if anyone can help me And if you need my specs let me know I ll put em up nbsp

A:Computer randomly freezes up.. Really need some help..

It sounds like your hard drive is going bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-freezes-up-really-need-some-help.51678/
Relevancy 45.58%

Basically I am a computer novice when it comes to anything difficult I would Computer Randomly My Help Please Freezes greatly appreciate someone making sense of this for me I had one antivirus program on my computer and switched to another When I removed the former it asked if I would like My Computer Randomly Freezes Please Help to delete the quarintined files I declined thinking I might hurt something Since then it randomly freezes from time to time Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system My Computer Randomly Freezes Please Help services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LxrJD My Computer Randomly Freezes Please Help s exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system S tray exeC WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXEC Program Files SMC SMC W-G EZ Connect g g Wireless USB Adapter PRISMSVR EXEC WINDOWS system InetCntrl InetCntrl exeC WINDOWS System l gonui exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyexpr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files SMC SMC W-G EZ Connect g g Wireless USB Adapter SMCWGUTI exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www speed-search biz search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize search ie htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www mail yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www speed-search biz search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www speed-search biz search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www speed-search biz search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www speed-search biz index htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Owner Application Data Mozilla Profiles default cwbz q slt prefs js O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - FBAE - AE- C- A F- BC A A E - C WINDOWS System iklw dllO - BHO Bsecure Popup Blocker - E - C F- D-A E-AD F C - C WINDOWS system InetCntrl PopupKil BsafeBHO dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - Toolbar Advanced Searchbar - F - D - - AD - C D ADC - C Program Files Advanced Searchbar Toolbar dllO - Toolbar Bsecure Popup Blocker - E - C F- D-A E-AD F C - C WINDOWS system InetCntrl PopupKil BsafeBHO dllO - HKLM Run Uw C documents and settings owner local settings temp Uw exeO - HKLM Run K aO... Read more

A:My Computer Randomly Freezes Please Help

Hi,

Sorry for this delay. Post please a fresh hijackthis log if you still have problems.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41589/my-computer-randomly-freezes-please-help/
Relevancy 45.58%

Posting in the correct section - Sorry!

Relevancy 45.58%

My PC is doing the strangest thing lately. It randomly freezes (often lately), with no BSOD's or anything of the sort. Mouse becomes unresponsive, nothing works at all (Task Manager, etc). I re-installed Vista in hopes that that would solve the problem, but even in my clean install it still occurs. This is leading me to believe that there is some sort of physical hardware problem. What could it be? Graphics card? Air supply/ventilation? Power supply?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 45.58%

My PC randomly freezes or BSOD. I tried to look at BIOS if somethings wrong but im not very knowledgeable in configuring BIOS. And that's when I know that my PC even freezes at BIOS. This started a week ago and I managed to reformat my PC and reinstall all drivers. But the problem is still here. What seems to be the problem and how do I fix this?

my pc specs:
NVidia gtx 560
AMD Phenom 9500 quad - 2.2GHz
4GB RAM
200GB HDD

btw when I tried to open dxdiag, it says :
"Dxdiag has detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?"

When I click yes, the display tab is not shown. Could this be the problem?>

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-randomly-sometimes-even-in-bios.1157892/
Relevancy 45.58%

My XP desktop locks up freezes randomly Everything is still on the screen Looks normal fans run in the randomly XP locks up/freezes PC but is it frozen I have to shut it off and restart Then it works fine until it randomly XP locks up/freezes randomly locks up It sometimes gives the blue screen if im in middle of using it but most times it will just lock up Other times it will reboot itself Started happening a few weeks back but seems to have gotten progressively worse I used to last for a few hours but now it can happen seconds after I log in other times it will let me use for - mins Here s my hijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files M-Audio Uno UnoInst exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System nvraidservice exe C WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files AMD AMD Power Monitor AMD Power Monitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Documents and Settings Cliff Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NVRaidService C WINDOWS System nvraidservice exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atipta... Read more

A:XP locks up/freezes randomly

go to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the .dmp files in there and zip them up, attach the zip file in your next post using the "Go Advanced" button, then click the paper clip icon to attach the zip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-locks-up-freezes-randomly.860337/
Relevancy 45.58%

For the last two or three weeks my computer has been freezing up Num Lock won t work and not a loose wire or the such Freezes Computer Randomly I have run HijackThis and it is Computer Freezes Randomly below Don t know of any new software or hardware changes that could of caused this Also ran Norton System works and ran HDTune and didn t see anything out of the ordinary Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Automatic Update AutoUpdate exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Symantec pcAnywhere awhost exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X OPHALDCS EXE C Program Files Executive Software Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS System ec ser exe C Program Files borland interbase Bin IBGuard EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trams common files tlmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor WUSB Gv exe C WINDOWS system BRMFRSMG EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DragToDisc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRshutA exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM USRmlnkA exe C Program Files Trams common files tlmgrconsole exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Acronis TrueImage TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Western Digital Technologies NetCenter EasyLink WDEzLink exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G USB Wireless Network Monitor InfoMyCa exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files borland interbase Bin IBServer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http portfolio morningstar com newport reg allview aspx viewpage amp dt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride direcwaysupport com lt local gt R - URLSearchHook no name - F B - C- -A B -D BD DCBB - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file N - Netscape Mozilla User Preferences Do not edit this file If you make changes to this file while the browser is running the changes will be overwritten when the browser exits To make a manual change to preferences you can visit the URL about config For more information see http www mozilla org unix customizing html prefs user pref quot aim internal buddy MaxBuddies quot user pref quot aim internal intproxyprotocol quot user pref quot aim session finishedwizard quot true user pref quot aim session firsttime quot false user pref quot aim session latestaimscreenname quot quot niceguyfromwv quot user pref quot aim session screenname quot quot niceguyfromwv quot user pref quot browser activation checkedNNFlag quot true user pref quot browser bookmarks added static root quot true user pref... Read more

A:Computer Freezes Randomly

Looks like you got some spyware, run a spyware scan.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-randomly.454871/
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer have started freezing it happens suddenly It s different from time to time Windows xp SP Pro Translations F lles filer Shared files Programmer Program files Ask if you are confused Hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Computer randomly freezes on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Computer freezes randomly v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Programmer Alwil Software Avast Computer freezes randomly aswUpdSv exe C Programmer Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Programmer LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Programmer Steam Steam exe C Programmer Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Programmer Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Programmer LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe C Programmer F lles filer Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Programmer Smith Micro StuffIt ArcNameService exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Programmer Webroot Enterprise CommAgent CommAgent exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Programmer Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Programmer Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Programmer Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exe C Programmer Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName Hyperlinks O - BHO no name - D -C CB- B B- DA - EE F F - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Programmer Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Hj lp til tilmelding til Windows Live - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Programmer F lles filer Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui quot C Programmer LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe quot --auto-start O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Steam quot C Programmer Steam Steam exe quot -silent O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User LOKAL TJENESTE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User NETV RKSTJENESTE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User Default user O - Global Startup EPSON Status Monitor Environment Check lnk C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x E SRCV EXE O - Global Startup Windows Search lnk C Programmer Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Programmer Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Programmer Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS... Read more

Relevancy 45.58%

I have tried cleaning the winsock, running all maintenence. Ran Malwarebytes also. Still freezes. I put in a new Netgear N300 Wireless Router and all computers reach the access point except one Vista x86. It will see it and when connecting I have to fight to repair and then it will reach the internet and it seems to freeze more when connected than when it's not but sometimes it will freeze when idle on desktop. We have another and it doesn't have any problems. Any suggestions?

A:Vista freezes randomly

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or Windows 7.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-freezes-randomly.1081472/
Relevancy 45.58%

I hope I m posting correctly please pc help!! freezes randomly and reboots and in right place and pray someone can please help me My computer has been freezing randomly and I have to restart it It has also been randomly rebooting itself with no warning also while I m online using windows internet explorer usually when I m on facebook sometimes my browser just closes I ve updated and run scans with malwarebytes and free avast antivirus and both have quot not quot found any issues This has been happening for about a months now once in awhile but in the last days it has been everyday and sometime more then twice a day Today it has rebooted times and froze times My husband just replaced the power supply thinking it was the problem or the fan and I was only on about minutes when it rebooted here is please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly the last error report microsoft windows error signature BCCode e BCP C BCP F BCP B F C BCP OSVer SP Product Error Report Contents the following files were included in the error C DOCUME LISACO LOCALS Temp WERbe dir Mini - C DOCUME LISACO LOCALS Temp WERbe dir please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly sysdata xml I have windows xp home edition-service pack computer Intel - please help!! pc reboots and freezes randomly Pentium CPU GHz I use internet explorer nvidia GeForce Ti w AGP x nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Im a n b on this forum and dont know a whole lot about computers I only know the basic s to taking a computer apart and putting it back together Okay well on with the problem I ve had this computer for quite some time now and a while ago it started freezing Ive been working on it for about a month trying to figure out the problem myself I ve tried using different RAM chips ive tried different PSU s ive tried different HDD s and ive reinstalled windows Freezes Randomly Computer countless times The computer will Computer Freezes Randomly freeze usually about or so minutes after start up with no BSOD or crashing The whole system just locks up and i cant do anything except turning it off Sometimes very rarely it will stay on for more than an Computer Freezes Randomly hour without problems I have also started up in safe mode and Computer Freezes Randomly the computer works fine in safe mode I need to fix this computer ASAP because i gave it to a friend thinking it would work Any suggestions

A:Computer Freezes Randomly

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.Publish a Snapshot using SpeccyThe below is for those who cannot get onlinePlease take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450083/computer-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello Thanks for taking the time to read I have recently begun getting BSOD no PC freezes randomly, random 'PC freezes' there seems to be no particular thing I am doing at the time examples are While idle pc will freeze no response and only way to recover is a s power PC freezes randomly, no BSOD button I can play games for hours at a time and then get freezes as above in a short space of time Watching youtube or other Flash content seems to cause this issue more than anything but that's just my perception Sometimes the freeze is accompanied by sound either a buzzing sound or a 'loop' of the last sound played I have tried graphics cards both AMD I have removed and reinstalled the drivers tried the beta drivers as well Problem persists I have run memtest for hours that shows no errors I have monitored my temps with HWmonitor while playing games My PC is overclocked custom build from overclockers co uk the CPU never seems to get above C under load C playing games I have cleaned out the case and fans am currently running with the case open to see if it runs cooler but problem persists Initial thoughts were the VIA audio driver causing an issue but I've tried using MS drivers and still still the issue I am leaning towards a hardware fault as the cause of the problem but am unsure how to proceed I have tried updating all the chipset drivers SSD firmware that I can find still having the issue Any help reading the dumps much appreciated Regards Karl

A:PC freezes randomly, no BSOD

Can i suggest Clocking back to stock and see if the problem persists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326980-pc-freezes-randomly-no-bsod.html