Windows Support Forum

Do Memory Cleaners improve the memory usage and performance?

Q: Do Memory Cleaners improve the memory usage and performance?

I am currently using MemClean and it not only decreases my memory use but it also seems to improve the general performance of Windows and apps.

Is this really the case or is it just my impression?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Do Memory Cleaners improve the memory usage and performance?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Do Memory Cleaners improve the memory usage and performance?

It is just your impression.

Windows 7 has very good memory management on it's own and has no need for and will not benefit from any third party memory "cleaners", "optimizers", "boosters", etc. The only very questionable benefit is to make the numbers in Task Manager more attractive to those who do not understand them.

David Solomon and Mark Russinovich, both well recognized Windows experts, mentioned these programs in the Microsoft publication "Windows Internals", sixth edition. They were very critical and did not recommend these programs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/394936-do-memory-cleaners-improve-memory-usage-performance.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I have a dual-core laptop with 3 gigs of ram running Windows 7x86. If I understand correctly it's not running in dual channel mode because of the size mismatch. I can replace the 1gig stick with another 2gig stick which should enable dual channel mode, but will it make much difference? Is there a synthetic benchmark I can run to test the bandwidth? The extra memory isn't expensive and I would get a little more usable ram, but I'm guessing the benefits will not be dramatic. Any thoughts?

A:Will dual channel memory noticeably improve performance?

I think you are guessing right. A lot will depend on the RAM usage pattern. You may get a small hit for the caching of Superfetch, but for running your apps you will most likely stay below the 2GB mark anyhow. That is easy to check in Resource Monitor > Memory tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/206994-will-dual-channel-memory-noticeably-improve-performance.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello New to the forums and have been looking at some old posts about performance and thought I would inquire about a similar problem but wanted to know exactly what I can do Performance Usage Effectiveness/Memory screen shots to provide to best help others help solve said problems I will post an over view shot and one of the memory tab in descending order as I have seen on some of the other threads If there are other screen shots or other Performance Effectiveness/Memory Usage information I can produce to help this solution please let me know Usually I might have processes running when idle so I'm not sure if there are others that do not need to be running or some that may be totally unnecessary to even have I'll be honest I'm not the most computer savvy guy so I can't tell you what exactly this laptop has in it Ram total OS etc as it was just given to me so I apologize for not putting those specs up front I suppose I'm really just looking to see if this computer is running as efficiently as possible and how to monitor it's effectiveness in the future Thank you for any help

A:Performance Effectiveness/Memory Usage

Welcome to Seven Forums bberkey.

To view your basic computer information, open the Start menu, right-click Computer, then click Properties. You should now be able to see what OS is installed, if SP1 is also installed, your total memory, etc. There are several free programs you can install that will provide much greater details about your computer. Things like the name of the manufacturer of the memory chips, the hard drive, the motherboard, computer temperatures, etc. A lot of folks here recommend Speccy.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download

Windows 7 is pretty good at sorting things out and making best use of memory. One of the tutorials here explains what else can be done to optimize Windows 7. Not everything will apply to your computer and the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" certainly applies. Unless you're having a specific problem sometimes it's best to leave things alone. If you have other questions folks will always be here to help.

Optimize Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/249249-performance-effectiveness-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 91.59%

My computer has been running very sluggishly lately. It seems that becomes bogged down even when I leave it alone and it's idle. I have a pretty decent amount of RAM (12gb) and it doesn't run any smoother when I close programs.
I've attached some screenshots from Task Manager.
I've cleared almost 50gb from my hard drive and increased my page file to the recommended size.

A:Sluggish Performance/Memory Usage

First try this:

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Does safe mode have the issue?

Safe Mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/329267-sluggish-performance-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi folks,

So just wanted to check something.

I was doing a very long flight on FSX (15hrs).

Max ram usage was only 5.6gb but just before decent I thought I'd just check the performance tab of the task manager and I had the below figures:

Total physical memory 16GB
Cached = 10gb
Available=10.6gb
Free= 46mb by time I landed.

I read somewhere that's its available ram that is key & I had plenty of that left.

Can someone just confirm everything is normal.

Many Thanks,
Chris

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385194-memory-usage-performance-tab-task-manager.html
Relevancy 89.44%

This has been going on for a few days now My computer starts up and is already using of my avail memory SVCHOST is crippling me basically I ve scanned for viruses spyware and nothing Hijackthis Log File Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE Sluggish 52% on physical up start usage memory Performance, C Windows system WTablet Pen TabletUser exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files VideoLAN VLC vlc exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Windows system Sluggish Performance, 52% physical memory usage on start up SearchFilterHost exe C Users chriscooning Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Sluggish Performance, 52% physical memory usage on start up LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKCU Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra context menu item Append to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIECapture html O - Extra context menu item Convert link target to existing PDF - res C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll AcroIEAppend html O - Extra context menu item Convert selected links to A... Read more

Relevancy 89.44%

Hi performance, laptop ASUS usage memory seems off - poor there Having received fantastic help here in the past I thought ASUS laptop - poor performance, memory usage seems off I would run something by these forums I have an ASUS X J laptop running the latest version of Windows but the performance is often very poor One problem that repeatedly occurs is that Windows Media Player frequently crashes hangs curiously after playing videos another repeated problem is that the Windows tile menu is amazingly slow If I press the Windows button the tile menu appears but if I start typing it takes aaaages for the search function to work Just now I ran task manager and it showed that my memory usage was at of GB However if I actually look at the processes they add up to way way less than GB although Internet Explorer is running at MB or something The battery performance is set ASUS laptop - poor performance, memory usage seems off to high performance and it is plugged in I have run Malwarebytes and the Windows antivirus but neither has discovered anything Do I need to be worried or have I just got a crappy laptop Any advice would be gratefully received

A:ASUS laptop - poor performance, memory usage seems off

Starting with Vista RAM usage doesn't matter anymore since it's handled in different way than in XP.
In simple terms Windows will cache as much RAM as it can to make it ready for immediate use.

What matters is CPU usage.

Are there any other issues beside Windows Media Player crashing?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563081/asus-laptop-poor-performance-memory-usage-seems-off/
Relevancy 89.44%

Just upgraded my memory from GB to GB I don t want to pressure my CPU too much Is it possible to run my computer putting more work Settings. Maximizing Performance/Usage. My Ram Memory Virtual on my memory Maximizing the performance Not really sure what I m asking or saying Also what should my virtual memory total paging file size for all drives be set to I am also wondering what is virtual memory and how would it affect your CPU usage or computer performance in anyway So here s my computer specs right now Processor CPU AMD Phenom tm II N Dual-Core Processor Ghz Each Core Current Memory Crucial GB x GB -Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR PC OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition build -bit Video Card AMD Radeon HD M GB DDR I use my computer for gaming surfing the web running heavy applications like Adobe software s and rendering Maximizing My Ram Performance/Usage. Virtual Memory Settings. videos Thanks And Please Help Leave A Comment I Am A Complete Noob To Computers Sorry nbsp

A:Maximizing My Ram Performance/Usage. Virtual Memory Settings.

RAM usage has nothing to do with cpu usage. Not having enough RAM can cause the HDD/swap file to be used in it's place. CPU usage will be the same either way.

1. Windows/apps will use however much RAM that they need. Unless you have been having issues because of not having enough RAM (which I doubt), upgrading to more is meaningless.

2. Win7 does a good job of managing THE swap file. No reason to make any changes.

3. Virtual memory is used if there isn't enough actual RAM. For the most part, it's hardly used. But it is needed as Windows and many apps require it's presence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/maximizing-my-ram-performance-usage-virtual-memory-settings.1068342/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all I have a big doubt about how would be the quot Optimized Size quot of the Page File to my back-up PC system Its basic spec is Processor P GHz FSB Mhz Motherboard Asus P SDX RAM Amount MB sticks of MB - DDR Video Card Gigabyte Radeon XT Main HDD Maxtor GB - ATA - rpm - Mb Cache Slave HDD Seagate GB - ATA - rpm - MB Cache Last month I have added more MB of RAM sticks of MB but I am not feeling some increase of performance Let me explain better when I had only MB I used to record some logs of performance into Win XP the and Which PERFORMANCE File Best be RAM Memory between Balance Page would usage? as CPU Usage and Memory Utilization mainly when Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage? I was playing some heavy games or other hard tasks as compressing very big files Normally my CPU usage was growing up until reach to and my memory usage was around - what means that only remained around MB - MB of RAM So for me it was a symptom of few memory I was guessing that the CPU usage was so high because there was not sufficient RAM memory amont and my PC was being forced to use much very slower Page Files instead RAM In addition its behaviour was very different from my main PC As an observation my main PC is a P Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage? HT FSB MHz and its RAM Amount is also of MB but sticks of MB - DDR Video Card is MSI PRO and the Main HDD is a Seagate SATA When I record the logs of performance of this last PC playing the SAME heavy games and doing the SAME hard jobs normally the CPU usage do not go above and the memory utilization reach around MB - MB what for me means that this PC is having an OPTIMIZED use of the RAM available Although the DDR is faster than DDR and P MHz is faster than P Mhz this fact would explain a difference so significant Well when I installed more memory in my back-up PC more MB I was expecting that it would go to utilize MORE the RAM that I additioned and LESS of the quot Page File quot in other words I was thinking that it would have a behaviour of CPU and Memory utilization as my Main PC but it didn t happened It s strange because it seems that this PC do quot not want quot to use more than the SAME MB that it was accustomed to utilize before even if now it has more MB available to use I have evidenced this behaviour when I recorded last weeks the logs of performance that I said before So I would like to know what or IF I can do to induce it to use MORE RAM in theory much more faster Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage? and LESS Page File from HDD I have experimented to reduce the MAX Page File Size to around MB into Win XP - My Computer Properties Advanced but I had no success I observed some weird hiccups Does anyone can help me I am not an expert far from this but I think that it can have an OPTIMIZED size of the Page File which would permit to have an OPTIMIZED utilization of the RAM Memory Am I wrong about this Any informattion about this matter would be very appreciated Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Which would be the Best PERFORMANCE Balance between RAM Memory and Page File usage?

Have a look at WinGuides. There are a few registry tweaks that can force the system to use all the available memory before using the swap.

Improve Core System Performance @ WinGuides.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-would-be-the-best-performance-balance-between-ram-memory-and-page-file-usage.17131/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello Fairly recently my computer began having performance problems after about half hour of usage and only running a few programs Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Performance high Memory) CPU (sudden Usage/Physical issues Word for example My CPU Usage Physical Memory Performance issues (sudden high CPU Usage/Physical Memory) both shoot up above I have uninstalled unnecessary programs disabled many programs on start-up and have run virus scans using different scanners but nothing I ve tried has helped Can somebody please diagnose whether I have a virus I am running Windows on a Samsung X Intel Core i - M CPU GHz GB RAM -bit OS Thank you very much in advance Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C windows tpmon exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager SmartSetting exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager WifiManager exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x BigFix Enterprise BES Client BESClientUI exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Richard Sapien AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Samsung Movie Color Enhancer MovieColorEnhancer exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe C windows SecGfxController exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Update Plus SUPBackground exe C Users Richard Sapien Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http samsung msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search gboxapp com affid gb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search gboxapp com affid gb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - block useful searches - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - block useful searches - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - block useful searches - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Groove GFS Brow... Read more

Relevancy 87.72%

After a format I began having this problem and the size of my windows folder is gb somehow I think it is slowly increasing in size FRST log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - under manager Physical usage and performance Jumping Cpu in tab task Memory High Ran by Lenovo administrator on LENOVO-PC - - Running from C Users Lenovo Downloads Loaded Profiles Lenovo Available Profiles Lenovo Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version High Physical Memory and Jumping Cpu usage under performance tab in task manager Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Security Engine ns exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Security Engine ns exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Gadwin Systems C Program Files Gadwin Gadwin PrintScreen PrintScreen exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe C Windows System igfxTray exe Brother Industries Ltd C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe Brother Industries Ltd C Program Files x Browny BrYNSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM-x Run BrStsMon gt C Program Files x Browny Brother BrStMonW exe - - Brother Industries Ltd HKU S- - - - - - - Run Skype gt C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe - - Skype Technologies S A HKU S- - - - - - - Run Gadwin PrintScreen -bit gt C Program Files Gadwin Gadwin PrintScreen PrintScreen exe - - Gadwin Systems HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints ed b ed-d - e - a d- c b - E LaunchU exe ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers OverlayExcluded - gt A A- AC - F- FC- F CF C gt C Program Files x Norton Security Engine buShell dll - - Symantec Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers OverlayPending - gt F C B E-EF E- AD - E B- D E CB gt C Program Files x Norton Security Engine buShell dll - - Symantec Corporation ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers OverlayProtected - gt D EA - F - B -B B- E C C gt C Program Files x Norton Security Engine buShell dll - - Symantec Corporation Internet Whitelisted If an item is included in the fixlist if it is a registry item it will be removed or restored to default Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Tcpip Interfaces F D- E - E-BE -FB B DhcpNameServer Internet Explorer BHO Skype for Business Browser Helper - gt D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OCHelper dll - - Microsoft Corporation BHO Office Document Cache Handler - gt B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL - - Microsoft Corporation BHO Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper - gt D E A- B - AE-A AA-ABA DBD BF - gt C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL - - Microsoft Corporation BHO-x Skype for Business Browser Helper - gt D BA - F - CCE-BE A- E DA - gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OCHelper dll - - Microsoft Corporation BHO-x Office Document Cache Handler - gt B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office URLREDIR DLL - - Microsoft Corporation BHO-x Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper - gt D E A- B - AE-A AA-ABA DBD BF - gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GROOVEEX DLL - ... Read more

A:High Physical Memory and Jumping Cpu usage under performance tab in task manager

Hi belthagor My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your issue. Please give me a few hours to review your logs and prepare a reply.Thank you!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606503/high-physical-memory-and-jumping-cpu-usage-under-performance-tab-in-task-manager/
Relevancy 85.57%

Maybe someone can direct me regarding what I might be able to do with regards to my having a sluggish browser FF Please don't say try Chrome because FF is indeed still better Faster amp much more customizable That said I seem to have a problem with FF constantly getting hung up not responding particularly after memory certain of usage/Notifications for High memory amounts usage the memory usage from the browser rises above High memory usage/Notifications for certain amounts of memory usage k I ALWAYS have anywhere between to tabs loaded but not necessarily loaded Bookmarking all these tabs pretty much kind of sucks Although I do it Hell I don't even use the browsers actually bookmarking I have actually made two different folders on the book mark High memory usage/Notifications for certain amounts of memory usage bar one entitled A-M and High memory usage/Notifications for certain amounts of memory usage the other entitled N-Z Not really thrilled with this either though I guess at this point I'm just kind of wondering why someone hasn't maybe come up with an extension that maybe tells you when you reach a certain point of cpu usage within your browser so that you can at least then shut down amp reload the browser Or maybe there's an even better solution At this point I'd at least love to see that extension It sure would help As I've said i generally have anywhere between - sometimes more Ive even had upwards of tabs open Not all loaded though at a time I really would love to see an extension though which I've never seen that informs me when My memory usage reaches a certain point WHY hasn't someone invented this extension yet Again as I've said once FF reaches about k memory usage that pesky FF is not responding message begins to appear even more frequently It doesn't last for but about maybe - seconds but still VERY annoying Anyone with any ideas would be very helpful Thank you very very much Mr Guitarfiend

A:High memory usage/Notifications for certain amounts of memory usage

At this point,I'd at least love to see that extension.It sure would help.As I've said...i generally have anywhere between 50 - 150 (sometimes more.Ive even had upwards of 225 tabs + open (Not all loaded though) at a time.I really would love to see an extension though (which I've never seen) that informs me when My memory usage reaches a certain point ! WHY hasn't someone invented this extension yet ???
Whaaat!!  225 tabs??   Methinks therein lies your problem.  Maybe you are expecting too much from an extension too.  It's not the job of an extension to monitor system resources.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607137/high-memory-usagenotifications-for-certain-amounts-of-memory-usage/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi Everyone from Bleepingcomputer.com,

I am facing some issues with my laptop.

I always noticed my CPU, Memory, Physical Memory usage are running quite high.

Wonder is it normal for my computer?

I always feel the temperature is quite high and my fan keep running fast all the time even with just running some lite program. Sometimes my computer also turned to Blue Screen.

Please find the attachments to see my Task Manager. 

A:High CPU, Memory, Physical Memory Usage turn Bluescreen Problems

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603084/high-cpu-memory-physical-memory-usage-turn-bluescreen-problems/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello, I'm running a 64 bit Windows 10 laptop. On idle, the System process is showing a high memory usage of more than 150 MB, usually more than 200 MB. Using poolmon the pooltag SpDN showed up with a memory leak. It leads to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver, iaStorV.sys. How should I go about fixing the problem?

A:High memory usage / Memory leak caused by Intel driver

Hi,

Since this is a Intel driver I doubt the WDK can fix it.
You may try to see if there's a more current version of Intel's RST available for download and see if that fixes the leakage issue.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35948-high-memory-usage-memory-leak-caused-intel-driver.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I am helping my parents troubleshoot their trojan extreme causing slowness leak usage. or system Memory high memory and computers My feeling Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. is that they are both infected with the same virus trojan but I can find it or figure out what is going on The each have identical laptops and both are experience identical problems Both are running Avast and both systems are not turning up any discovered viruses or trojans during scans I am on the verge of completely refronting both of their laptops and am really hoping I can avoid having to do that I suspected that maybe they were both infected with poweliks but the below FRST shows at least Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. I think so that neither are infected with that trojan I am now thinking its a memory leak on some recent driver app update - but either trojan or memory leak I am not finding it Symptoms After a clean reboot within to hours both systems begin to get very sluggish both audio and video starts to skip and lag both mice bounce around like crazy when trying to move the pointer After about hours the laptops simply freeze to the point that they have to pull the Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage. batteries to get them to shut off I had my Dad run FRST on his computer below are the results FRST Scan results FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Preston administrator on PRESTON-HP on - - Running from C Users Preston Favorites Downloads Loaded Profiles Preston Available profiles Preston Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved C Windows agent x exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkManager exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUserAgent exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Avast Software s r o C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe Carbonite Inc www carbonite com C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Core Update Service Garmin Cartography MapUpdate CoreService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x HP Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System LogonUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe DisplayLink Corp C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe HP C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries C Program Files x Garmin Express Tray ExpressTray exe Team Corporation C Program Files x Team Corporation Sync Sync exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewle... Read more

A:Memory leak or trojan causing extreme system slowness and high memory usage.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt1] -> {FB314ED9-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt2] -> {FB314EDA-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt3] -> {FB314EDB-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers: [DropboxExt4] -> {FB314EDC-A251-47B7-93E1-CDD82E34AF8B} => No File
CHR HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar =https://www.yahoo.com?fr=hp-avast&type=avastbcl
URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 - (No Name) - {D8278076-BC68-4484-9233-6E7F1628B56C} - No File
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL =http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {d43b3890-80c7-4010-a95d-1e77b5924dc3} URL =http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = http://search.ask.com/web?q={searchterms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {5B9BE58A-18FA-42E0-AE99-3A195251151F} URL = http://asksearch.ask.com/redirect?client=ie&src=kw&tb=WBV6&itbv=11.8.1.739&o=APN10787&locale=en_US&apn_uid=8A1A7B7D-8047-4141-B4B5-C82410EDB840&apn_ptnrs=^AVT&apn_dtid=^YYYYYY^YY^US&apn_dbr=ff_21.0&doi=2013-06-07&q={searchTerms}&
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {9CB96984-43C3-4D44-90EF-01466EFCF7BB} URL = http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?type=avastbcl&hspart=avast&hsimp=yhs-001&p={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3416613266-1144362595-631789162-1000 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576055/memory-leak-or-trojan-causing-extreme-system-slowness-and-high-memory-usage/
Relevancy 82.13%

So I've had this problem for a few months with my Unknown memory Win7 usage? leak and General memory thinkpad x win home premium bit I used ccleaner run memtest multiple times chkdsk multiple times sfc scan multiple times none that helped Sfc always detects errors but always cannot fix some of them I have mse avast and malwarebytes and scanned them with absolutely no results I've run rootkit scanners with no results Basically after a few hours the memory use rises up to out of my gb with absolutely no intensive processes running I'll attach rammap and processexplorer screenshots I know this is not quot normal quot behavior because once my ram goes over the system slows down to where General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage? I can't end tasks open new programs even things like deleting a file take minutes Once it reaches or my screen starts flashing black kind of like if you blink fast I have to hard restart every time this General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage? happens This is not normal I've had quot experts quot on other forums tell me its win using the ram to its greatest Its not As soon as I restart and open my usual programs browser steam openoffice winamp utorrent my ram is at around or percent If I leave the same programs open and just leave it on for hours the ram gets to and my screen starts flashing and I have to reboot If you look at the rammap and process explorer shots the most ram intensive programs are chrome and firefox but they only use mb each Everything else is only - mb and do not add up to the gb my computer uses after only a few hours The thing I noticed is that the quot page table quot is using gb of my ram don't know what it is though I tested my hdd using crystaldiskinfo and hdtune and found nothing Although I did replace the factor hdd with a larger gb one and imaged my previous hdd But I don't think this is the problem since I've had the new hdd for a year and the problems started in the last few months My ram is gb gb factory and gb corsair select I bought afterwards I tested my computer with memtest and manually rebooted with each stick and the same thing happened only faster because of the less ram it must be a software issue Ram Use Note both these show the screenshots when my computer was at like gb ram is unaccounted for Ram Use - Imgur

A:General Win7 memory leak and Unknown memory usage?

Hi mesohamster welcome to SevenForums

First I recommend uninstalling Avast then we could go from there . Using Revo Uninstaller

Click on the app inside RevoUnistaller and choose uninstall
Click on Yes to agree you want to uninstall
If you get the builtin Uninstaller for the app use that and once you're done click Finish
Back inside RevoUninstaller click on Next
Let RevoUninstaller scan for left over registry keys . Click on Select All and choose Delete .
Once done click on Next.
Let the left over files and folders be locates then Click on Select All then click Delete then Next and you should be done .

Restart PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/287943-general-win7-memory-leak-unknown-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 82.13%

It seems that I've been getting low memory issues ever since upgrading to Win10, but I'm not 100% certain if thats the issue. I thought about uprading to 16gb ram, but I'd like to know if theres some other fix for this. I can't multitask as I used to be able to. Sometimes problems occur just running 8 tabs on chrome and a game(Blade and Soul). The numbers just don't seem to add up.

Specs:
http://imgur.com/RYhyDYa

Task Manager:
http://imgur.com/bnvV0EP
http://imgur.com/TIwSYfw
http://imgur.com/HOMvI1J

A:High Memory Usage/ Low Memory Popup on Win10 8gb Laptop

Hello svader55 Welcome to the Ten Forums!

On the first impression I would have to suspect the problem is with the upgrade itself where you might end needing to see a Clean Install of 10. First however you can try a few things out to see if this is only a minor glitch. On an older 7 model by HP the upgrade seen last summer was a disaster waiting to happen which I had enticipated and saw an immediate clean install to follow! Of after going from the 32bit 7 Home Premium to 10 Home x86 I subsequently changed that with a second fresh install the 64bit Windows.

The initial tool would be the System File Checker you would run from the Command prompt(admin) option when right clicking on the Start button. You simply scroll down to that option to see the new window open up. At the dos like prompt you then simply type in "sfc /scannow" and press enter to get the tool underway.

The tool will then scan all the important system files and if finding one or more corrupt or missing will often be able to replace them but not all unfortunately from cab files tucked away on the local drive. With previous versions the rec for having the Windows dvd in the driver was made in case the SFC had to extract something from the Windows media there if the problem was more involved. This is why the suggestion for the possible need to see a fresh clean install of 10 is being made here.

Unfortunately buggy upgrades are all too common regardless of which version is being upgraded over. But you likely saw the option for 10 in the 10 app? or in the Windows Updates perhaps? if not seeing 10 downloaded separately. The appearance from the images you provided suggests the problem is the memory being mapped out to hardwares while that first item being a 32bit app taking upto almost 1tb seems a bit high.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44099-high-memory-usage-low-memory-popup-win10-8gb-laptop.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I see the following figures under "performance tab" of task manager in my computer

I understand total is total physical memory 1.78 gb something, system cache memory is "the memory being used out of 1.78 gb" and available is the remaining memory. And as far as I understand, when I add Available + system cache, it should match the Total. However, it is not in this case.

Total - 1825216
Available - 180164
System Cache 264512

Can somebody explain to me then how it works?

A:system cache memory + available memory under performance tab

"Available" plus "System Cache" will not normally equal "Total". If they do it will be mere coincidence.

Total is the memory available to Windows. This may be less than the total installed RAM.

Available is memory on the Standby list plus free memory. Standby memory contains code and data but is not currently in use. It can be thought of as a kind of cache.

System Cache contains the File cache plus the Standby list, plus a few other small items. Note that the Standby list appears in both Available memory and the System Cache. I know this can be confusing.

I see nothing wrong with your numbers, except that the system is under quite a bit of load for your RAM size.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-cache-memory-available-memory-under-performance-tab-680708.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Has anyone else noticed that chkdsk uses all available physical memory if you let it run long enough I find that if I run chkdsk and leak memory usage memory / high chkdsk watch the memory usage in task manager it jumps by about MB every seconds or so until it either finishes or hits around GB at which point my physical memory shows used I'm running GB and the system of course slows to a crawl If you just run a quick chkdsk on your boot drive you may not notice it but try running something longer like chkdsk r on a flash drive or chkdsk f on a bigger internal drive but not chkdsk high memory usage / memory leak your OS drive as this would require a reboot and watch the memory usage climb I have duplicated this on both systems I have running win My XP machine checking the same USB flash drive uses a much more normal amount of memory for chkdsk - MB Anyway just looking for suggestions as I have old hard drives that I would like to check Normally I would run all at once but with this system it's just not possible as they each use about MB of memory and once all the system RAM is used up the disk checking process slows down a lot

A:chkdsk high memory usage / memory leak

chkdsk /r is implys /f if you only doing NTFS format then try /I or /D or /C

/I NTFS only: Performs a less vigorous check of index entries.
/C NTFS only: Skips checking of cycles within the folder
structure.
/B NTFS only: Re-evaluates bad clusters on the volume
(implies /R)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/11815-chkdsk-high-memory-usage-memory-leak.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello there I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows back in December of Now keep in mind this isn't a normal issue as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this I have also posted on Microsoft's official forum and had zero luck due to the fact that everyone who started posting had a different issue misunderstood what my issue was and distracted the attention from the opening post When downloading anything at all be it games music videos etc System and Compressed Memory starts to use up more and more memory which obviously sounds normal and might seem fine However memory usage) (High and Compressed Memory System if I have not restarted my computer at System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage) all around the gb download mark my computer starts running extremely slow while System and Compressed Memory starts maxing out Memory usage on Task Manager Any help is appreciated as I obviously have not found anything in regards to this myself It is possible I just haven't looked hard enough but regardless If there is any information you'd like to ask of me I'll do my best to check this post as often as possible Thanks PC Specs Intel i k Gigabyte GeForce GTX Gigabyte Z X-Gaming GB Two GB Modules of DDR G Skill Mhz If there is anything I need to post that I missed such as a system analysis please let me know Thanks

A:System and Compressed Memory (High memory usage)

Originally Posted by EinnUlfur

Hello there,
I am here today as I have had a problem with System and Compressed Memory since I installed Windows 10 back in December of 2015.
Now keep in mind, this isn't a normal issue, as I have yet to actually find anything in regards to what to do to fix this.
(I have also posted on Microsoft's official forum, and had zero luck, due to the fact that everyone who started posting had a different issue/misunderstood what my issue was, and distracted the attention from the opening post.)
When downloading anything at all, be it games, music, videos, etc, System and Compressed Memory starts to use up more and more memory, which obviously sounds normal, and might seem fine.
However, if I have not restarted my computer at all, around the 10gb download mark, my computer starts running extremely slow, while System and Compressed Memory starts maxing out Memory usage on Task Manager.
Any help is appreciated, as I obviously have not found anything in regards to this myself. It is possible I just haven't looked hard enough, but regardless!
If there is any information you'd like to ask of me, I'll do my best to check this post as often as possible. Thanks!

PC Specs :
Intel i7 6700k
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
8 GB (Two 4 GB Modules) of DDR4 G Skill 2800Mhz

(If there is anything I need to post that I missed, such as a system analysis, please let me know. Thanks!)

Have u tried refreshing/formatting ur computer?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/53577-system-compressed-memory-high-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Now i'm using windows but I had this problem also when using windows pro The windows pro I have the original dvd here and I tried few times to make clean install Also windows I got it free online and the same problem For example now i'm ? and Chrome leak Memory usage Edge memory 80-97% using Edge I have two windows opened in one I have tabs open and in the other I have like tabs open But the problem happen also with two windows and tabs open in each one The problem is that once I start Edge or Chrome on windows pro or windows I see in Task Manager that the memory usage is about Then after some times without doing anything special the memory usage raise to - Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% then ine many cases also to - - Now and in most of the times Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% I have in the background a game running in this case battlefield bad company that take about - MB of memory But it happen even if I close the game The only way to push the memory usage down is in the task Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97% manager to shut down the Edge Chrome and all it's tabs Then to start the browser again I tested my pc with memtest I don't have any memory errors I don't have any blue screens Can't figure out where is the problem My brother have like - years old pc then my one with GB ram and he can open like tabs of chrome without a problem While the memory usage raise to - everything is running slow all the pc is slow almost freezing Before finding a fix I was wondering if there is a way to dig and find what cause the problem And also if there is any fix already i would like to know about since i couldn't find anything yet

A:Edge and Chrome memory leak ? Memory usage 80-97%

Originally Posted by Chocolade

My brother have like 10-15 years old pc then my one with 4GB ram and he can open like 20 tabs of chrome without a problem.

It also depends, what kind of and how many extensions you have.
Some of them might be causing it, try to temporarily disable all.
Finding a cause can be difficult, you can try CleanMem Free.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/45739-edge-chrome-memory-leak-memory-usage-80-97-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

please can anyone help, i keep getting this message

A:Ram memory usage is critically high. Ram memory failure

probably this http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-12832en.html

so click report and ask to move to spyware forum

but COULD be something else if you installed it or recognise it then as i say click report

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-memory-usage-is-critically-high-ram-memory-failure.973133/
Relevancy 79.98%

I just built a new computer and started with GB of memory A few weeks down the line I purchased another set with why? increased added usage - memory memory of the same memory because it was on such a good deal and had great reviews newegg It also was working well for me so I figured maybe more could be better I haven't noticed any decrease increase in system performance except Alt-Tabbing has recently got slower increased memory usage with added memory - why? Also Win was sitting tight on gb to gb of memory usage prior to the extra now being added Even when gaming it went up to like gb Now that I've added the extra it's going up to gb or better Why so Also is it possible to speed up my alt-tabbing It seems to have a good - second pause in it instead of being immediate like it was Computer specs Windows HP -bit gSkill gb memory BIOS shows it at too Intel i - k Sandy Bridge OC'd with factory Overclock presets ASRock z Extreme mobo

A:increased memory usage with added memory - why?

Use resmon instead - taskmgr is not a good resource monitor. Open resmon, click on the memory tab, and see if it's simply cache growth. Assuming you have superfetch enabled (and without an SSD in a machine, you should), it is simply allowing the superfetch cache to grow if this is the case (and that's a good thing).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/195608-increased-memory-usage-added-memory-why.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually Memory Leak When I starting the Windows in the first few hours everything is normal But after day or sooner or later the amount of available memory gradually goes down and the Leak) Usage Gradually Memory Up Goes (Memory physical memory usage increasing This increasing continues until the memory usage reaches near the and at that point there isn't any memory available to operate any software Also when memory reaches that point I can't access any drive in the HDD because everytime I want to open any folder the following error appears c is not accessible Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service At this point I even can't shutdown or restart Windows normally I must restart windows manually by pressing the restart button after restart everything goes to normal again but this problem appears again and again I had to restart Windows every or days here is the screenshots of processes and performance tabs in the Task Manager at memory usage You can see that there is no software application that uses this amount of memory my system ------------------------ OS Windows Ultimate x Cpu Intel P GHz Vga nVidia MB Gigabyte GA- I G Duo PSU Corsair W RAM GB DDR- Transcend I have Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) these memories for years Physical Memory mb Paging File mb Virtual Memory mb I already did the following actions but unfortunately none of them helped me - using some optimizing and freeing softwares like Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) Memory Booster Gold - RAM Saver Pro - CleanMem - Scanning my computer with antivirus and antispywares - Changing antivirus software - Updating windows with all updates available via Windows Update - Updating drivers of all hardwares - Downloading and installing the following hotfixes that are related to memory leak http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb - Using CClenaer for clearing everything and using memtest for finding any possible error in Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) memory And here is screenshot from Process Explore from Sysinternals Suite at memory usage So is there anything that I can do to solve this problem any solution hotfixe trick suggestion anything

A:Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak)

Hi, in cases like this I like to look to the most obvious cause and one very often ignored. One of the major problems in Vista XP and 7 is a corrupt pagefile . Can return all sorts of problems and is simple to fix and perfectly safe. Is the paging file on the C drive? Or have you moved it somewhere else, if on the same drive as the OS then:-

Go to control panel, system and security system
Click on advanced tab
In the performance section click on settings
Again click on Advanced

Select the Virtual memory custom tab and set max and min to 00, 00 click on set then apply and ok out. Reboot computer.

Now go back to VM settings and select "system managed size" again press set and apply and ok out Reboot to take effect.

This has created a new pagefile and set the VM to the preferred settings.

Let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-usage-goes-up-gradually-memory-leak-485340.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually Memory Leak When I Up Gradually Goes Usage Memory Leak) (Memory starting the Windows in the first few hours everything is normal But after day or sooner or later the amount of available memory gradually goes down and the physical memory usage increasing This increasing continues until the memory usage Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) reaches near the and at that Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) point there isn t any memory available to operate any software Also when memory reaches that point I can t access any drive in the HDD because everytime I want to open any folder the following error appears c is not accessible Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service At this point I even can t shutdown or restart Windows normally Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually (Memory Leak) I must restart windows manually by pressing the restart button after restart everything goes to normal again but this problem appears again and again I had to restart Windows every or days here is the screenshots of processes and performance tabs in the Task Manager at memory usage You can see that there is no software application that uses this amount of memory my system ------------------------ OS Windows Ultimate x Cpu Intel P GHz Vga nVidia MB Gigabyte GA- I G Duo PSU Corsair W RAM GB DDR- Transcend I have these memories for years Physical Memory mb Paging File mb Virtual Memory mb I already did the following actions but unfortunately none of them helped me - using some optimizing and freeing softwares like Memory Booster Gold - RAM Saver Pro - CleanMem - Scanning my computer with antivirus and antispywares - Changing antivirus software - Updating windows with all updates available via Windows Update - Updating drivers of all hardwares - Downloading and installing the following hotfixes that are related to memory leak http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb http support microsoft com kb - Using CClenaer for clearing everything and using memtest for finding any possible error in memory And here is screenshot from Process Explore from Sysinternals Suite at memory usage So is there anything that I can do to solve this problem any solution hotfixe trick suggestion anything nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hi there
It's some day I'm checking this program and I'm a little confused.
When I open the main window and I check in "Process Control", I see that all the processes are double
I've tried to kill one by one the double processes (that shows the same identical value like PID, memory and priority) and for the most part of it, I can do that without problem. Only if I try to kill some system process (even though it's double), the system crashes.
I have checked the services and the boot in system configuration to be sure that I don't have Memory Improve in Startup and I don't have it. And if I check side by side Task manager and Memory Improve Pro, I can see the double processes.
What can I do to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance and ...sorry for my bad english.

Have a great day

A:Memory Improve Pro doubles the processes

Quote:
What can I do to solve this problem?

Best solution is to ditch that so called "memory optimizer" and let Windows handle it itself, that and you would be hard pressed to find anyone here that would use something like that. Most (more like all) memory optimizers are nothing more than pure snake oil; they rpomise the moon as far as improved performance and usually end up hurting performance more than they help.

That and according to your specs you have 8 GB of ram, what do you need something like that program for?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/104377-memory-improve-pro-doubles-processes.html
Relevancy 76.97%

virtual memory and memory usage i need to know
how to know this 2 perfomances and if we need to otuch something to upgrade memory and best usage for your pc.

Relevancy 76.97%

I am wondering what my computer should be set at for it's best performance as far as memory usage etc.? Do I set it so the system takes care of it or put in my own amounts? Thanks for your help and sorry if this is not in the proper forum!!
DLBerry

A:Memory Usage/Virtual Memory

Just let the system takes care of it. If you have enough physical memory, you really shouldn't need to worry about it. Virtual memory or Page file, is memory that uses your hard drive. When you have a app or apps that uses more memory than you physical have, the system will alocate space on the hard drive for "virtual memory" or Page File. This is when you notice performance lag on your computer, because the hard drive transfers data at a much slower rate than your memory.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-usage-virtual-memory-32687.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a 60GB hard drive that says it is full. I have relatively few programs on my machine and only about 10 GB worth of music/pictures/movies. What is using all my hard drive memory and how do I fix? Does XP save the files in two places?

A:Memory Usage - Memory is almost full

Disk Pie
TreeSize
Xinorbis
AssessTree

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-usage-memory-is-almost-full.680192/
Relevancy 76.97%

virtual memory and memory usage i need to know
how to know this 2 perfomances and if we need to otuch something to upgrade memory and best usage for your pc.

A:virtual memory and memory usage i need to know

virtual memory is hard drive space allocated by your computer for ram that is unavailable or for page swapping. Generally you do not worry about virtual memory. It is a system function. Generally it is set to automatic from windows. With windows XP, 512MB is the minimum to run an acceptably performing computer. 1gb is highly recommended. With Vista 1gb is the minimum, 2gb is recommended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-memory-and-memory-usage-i-need-to-know.88032/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have windows 7 64 bit and also running a ssd. Just a few days ago I've started to have an issue where after my computer is running for a couple hours all processes continually increase the amount of memory they are using until I get an out of memory error. Here is a pic of it around 75%. I have 8 gigs of ram (kingston) that before this never went above 4gigs of use, so not sure what is causing this suddenly.

Any help would be great.

A:"Out of Memory" Error, all apps continually increase memory usage

It sounds like your PC has a cold... er virus!

What AV are you running?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/187730-out-memory-error-all-apps-continually-increase-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hijack log below Two weeks ago my Quark stopped working - it will start and Virus?? Quark stopped usage-memory - cpu working high usage ? 7 come up Quark 7 stopped working - high cpu usage-memory usage ? Virus?? with the splash screen but then will not go any further - a list of processes shows it s running at cpu usage and memory usage I have tried uninstalling reinstalling and have ran Quark 7 stopped working - high cpu usage-memory usage ? Virus?? Norton s Antivirus Spybot Search and Destroy and CCleaner to no avail I have attached my HiJack log below The main programs that I use daily and yes Quark is one of them are the following Adobe Photoshop CS ACDSee Outlook express Quark Internet Explorer Dreamweaver Thank you for taking the time - I m pretty frustrated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA Allume StuffIt MXTask exe C PROGRA Allume StuffIt mxtask exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files ACD Systems ACDSee ACDSee exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop CS Photoshop exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Documents and Settings Missi Desktop spyware removal hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Ac... Read more

A:Quark 7 stopped working - high cpu usage-memory usage ? Virus??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quark-7-stopped-working-high-cpu-usage-memory-usage-virus.761297/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all hope you can help Every so often when listening to online radio streams playing games etc my computer just goes crazy I get a lot of hard drive chatter and lots of fan noise and everything slows to a crawl My music will start jumping and skipping and there is - Computer apparently usage being CPU is usage/memory scanned high a long delay between me clicking the mouse and the action happening It happens when no other programs for example my AV AS are due to scan When I look at my Task Computer is apparently being scanned - high CPU usage/memory usage Manager the two biggest eaters of memory usage are fm exe game it normally eats a load but makes no substantial difference to the comp speed and ekrn Computer is apparently being scanned - high CPU usage/memory usage exe something to do with my AV not quite sure what it actually does though I am running Windows MCE SP and am using NOD anti-virus and Sunbelt CounterSpy anti-spyware The definitions on both are updated daily and both scan daily I have also defragged the comp and do so weekly The other programs I use are CCleaner and Glary Utilities both fairly regularly to clean up my comp when I was working as an internet researcher but less Computer is apparently being scanned - high CPU usage/memory usage often now I do not get any error messages BSOD s or actual freezes Everything just slows right down Could I have picked up a form of malware virus that my AV AS isn t picking up Could one of my previous spring cleans have been too aggressive Or is it simply too much load for my comp year old Dell It is MHz G RAM kinda your bog standard media comp from Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciated as it s starting to do my head in Apologies is this is the wrong forum for the post also Thanks

A:Computer is apparently being scanned - high CPU usage/memory usage

When you experience or encounter strange behavior, always check for new, unknown or suspicious processes in Task Manager.Most of the processes in Task Manager will be legitimate as shown in these links.List of common system processes found in XP's Task ManagerCommon system processes found in XP's Task ManagerTop System ProcessesAnytime you come across a suspicious file or one that you do not recognize, search the name using Google or the following databases:BC's Startup Programs DatabaseSystemLookup StartupList IndexFile Research CenterProcessLibrary.comDetermining whether a file is malware or a legitimate process sometimes depends on the location (path) it is running from. One of the ways that malware tries to hide is to give itself the same name as a critical system file. However, it then places itself in a different location on your computer. Another techinique is for the process to alter the registry and add itself as a Startup program so that it can run automatically each time the computer is booted. A file's properties may give a clue to identifying it. Right-click on the file, choose Properties and examine the General and Version tabs.Tools to investigate running processes and gather additional information to identify them and resolve problems:AnVir TaskManager FreeProcess ExplorerSystem ExplorerProcessHackerProcess MonitorsvchostViewerThese tools will provide information about each process, CPU usage, file description and its path location If you right-click on a file and select properties, you will see more details.If you cannot find any information, the file has a legitimate name but is not located where it is supposed to be, or you want a second opinion, submit it to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.-- Then post back with the results of the file analysis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228029/computer-is-apparently-being-scanned-high-cpu-usagememory-usage/
Relevancy 71.81%

Greetings I formatted my computer and after installing windows again my physical memory in task manager is very high and cpu keeps jumping up and down I looked at the processes tab but noticed absolutely nothing taking abnormal memory private working set Then moved on to performance tab gt resource monitor and found svchost I think it was netsvcs in parenthesis Jumping Windows High Cpu Physical Usage Memory Usage, 7 hogging all the memory After ending the process I still have had high memory usage and surprisingly do not see a process anywhere in task manager with high numbers next to it so I have no idea what's happening I have noticed that my windows folder keeps increasing in size currently about gigs and a helper told me that it's normal because Windows 7 Jumping Cpu Usage, High Physical Memory Usage the updates in windows have a different compression method than windows and after however when I had previously installed windows fully updated my folder size was normal so I assume it can be done I originally posted in the Virus Trojan Spyware and Malware Removal Logs section however I did not find malware on my computer so unless it's very new malware I am certain windows is causing this problem For antivirus I am currently using a free trial of Norton Advice P S This is probably better for the hardware section but can constant high physical memory and cpu usage ruin my hardware I am avoiding using things that take up high cpu and memory right now and it's currently about gigs phy memory cpu jumping usually - up to

A:Windows 7 Jumping Cpu Usage, High Physical Memory Usage

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607017/windows-7-jumping-cpu-usage-high-physical-memory-usage/
Relevancy 71.81%

Ok I am literally KILLING myself over this I installed Windows Bit over XP around a month ago and it was so good that I recommended it to my brother who was previously on XP too We got him a copy of the bit version as he has only gb of memory and he installed it on his machine However he constantly had high CPU and RAM usage Even though no programs were obviously taking it all up in his task manager and it was making his computer sluggish and slow Everything was freezing and hanging and it was a nightmare I spent a day looking all over the net to find out the problem but could not fix it at all no matter what the hell I tried So he reverted back to Windows XP A nice waste of money on Windows His Windows XP now runs smoothly and is all as it was Suddenly today after my brother connected to my Windows homegroup or workgroup rather through his Windows XP machine my computer got the EXACT same problem as he had ages ago I have been browsing Google all day downloading s t changing things in my computer trying EVERY possible fix that people have CPU usage!!! 7 usage memory random and high physical Windows suggested and Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! that sound legit Nothing works So now all of a Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! sudden my computer is sluggish games are jumpy and jittery video rendering times are slooooooow Here is Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!! a picture of my resource monitor You can see the physical memory usage being at I've ordered the memory usage of each service in highest to lowest I just CANT see where the problem is I've tried leaving my homegroup to see if that changes anything but it just says quot Windows couldn't remove you from your homegroup quot So I searched online tried all possible fixes with no avail I've scanned my computer for malware and viruses and nothing shows If you can help me you are by sure a god and I may have you kiss you repeatedly I have never been so frustrated as I do alot of memory dependant work on my computer and this is just pure horrible Here are some extra images that may help

A:Windows 7 random CPU usage and high physical memory usage!!!

I can tell you what is probably causing your problems. AVG.
When you are looking at memory, do not sort by Working set, sort by Hard faults.
Hard faults is what causes things to slow down. Plus you have plenty of memory not to worry about usage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/94580-windows-7-random-cpu-usage-high-physical-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My friend who has a very low income was given a Dell Optiplex GX running Win K Pro MB RAM To help her out I got rid slow, is High stuck CPU moderate usage, I'm memory , MY usage PC of porn viruses and spyware using Ad-Aware AVG spyware and AV free versions Trend Micro House Call Spybot I checked the task manager and has constant CPU usage avg memory usage The system runs but apps open slow MY PC is slow, High CPU usage, moderate memory usage , I'm stuck so MY PC is slow, High CPU usage, moderate memory usage , I'm stuck I tried some freeware reg cleaners CCleaner Eusing Free Registry Cleaner Wise Registry cleaner After hours of searching on web the fixes I found don t work so I give up Can someone help My friend doesn t have the money to pay someone to fix this and she was so happy to get a new computer Can anyonre help I have a HijackThis log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet MY PC is slow, High CPU usage, moderate memory usage , I'm stuck Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINNT system hidserv exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings kkov Local Settings Application Data Trend Micro HCMS tsafe en-US tgui exe C Documents and Settings kkov Local Settings Application Data Trend Micro HCMS tsafe en-US tgsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run CreateCD quot C Program Files Common Files Adaptec Shared CreateCD CreateCD exe quot -r O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimized O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe ctfmon exe O - HKUS DEFAULT Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe RUN... Read more

A:MY PC is slow, High CPU usage, moderate memory usage , I'm stuck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-is-slow-high-cpu-usage-moderate-memory-usage-im-stuck.646419/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Just yesterday I realized that my computer was acting super slowly and I even received a blue screen Manager in Very - CPU PresentationHost.exe High memory Task Usage usage of death out of nowhere Upon checking my processes list I found many suspicious processes that continued to multiply when I tried to end them These included PresentationHost exe msdtc exe dllhost exe prevhost exe cmd exe msiexec exe conhost exe and even a CPU Usage in Task Manager Very High - PresentationHost.exe memory usage notepad exe that seems to be invisible A malware is most likely behind this and is causing my computer to perform very slowly and be almost unusable I have managed to run FRST but Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not even opening for me In addition this multiplying issue seems to only occur when I am connected to the internet I would highly appreciate some CPU Usage in Task Manager Very High - PresentationHost.exe memory usage help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan CPU Usage in Task Manager Very High - PresentationHost.exe memory usage Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Christopher administrator on CHRIS - - Running from D Downloads Loaded Profiles Christopher Available Profiles Christopher amp Guest Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Safe Mode minimal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System taskmgr exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run SysTrayApp gt C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKLM Run New Value gt ctfmon CTFMON EXE HKLM Run ETDWare gt C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe - - ELAN Microelectronic Corp HKLM Run hTew txG AD gt regsvr exe s C PROGRA hTew txG AD dll HKLM-x Run ATKOSD gt C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe - - ASUS HKLM-x Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher gt C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run ASUS Screen Saver Protector gt C Windows AsScrPro exe - - ASUS HKLM-x Run mcui exe gt C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe - - McAfee Inc HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM gt C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run gt X HKLM-x Run StartCCC gt C Program Files x AMD ATI ACE Core-Static amd CLIStart exe - - Advanced Micro Devices Inc HKLM-x Run Chrome gt C ProgramData taskhost exe - - HKLM-x RunOnce gt C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Chameleon mbam-chameleon exe - - HKLM Policies Explorer NoControlPanel HKLM Policies Explorer NoFolderOptions HKLM Policies Explorer AllowLegacyWebView HKLM Policies Explorer AllowUnhashedWebView HKU S- - - - - - - Run Skype gt C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe - - Skype Technologies S A HKU S- - - - - - - Run CikeLwer gt regsvr exe C ProgramData HexrEmdib Xompa dll HKU S- - - - - - - MountPoints c bfd- b e- df-ae - e f e - E StarCraft II Setup exe HKU S- - - Run Chrome gt C ProgramData taskhost exe - - AppInit DLLs prio dll gt No File AppInit DLLs-x prio dll gt No File ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers BTSync Done - gt FFA -FC - - - A CDE gt D Program Files BitTorrent Sync SyncShellExtension dll - - ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers BTSync RO - gt FFA -FC - - - A CDE gt D Program Files BitTorrent Sync SyncShellExtension dll - - ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers BTSync RW - gt FFA -FC - - - A CDE gt D Program Files BitTorrent Sync SyncShellExtension dll - - ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt FB ED -A - B - E -CDD E AF B gt C Users Christopher AppData Roaming Dropbox bin DropboxExt dll - - Dropbox Inc ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers DropboxExt - gt F... Read more

A:CPU Usage in Task Manager Very High - PresentationHost.exe memory usage

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file.

start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM\...\Run: [New Value #1] => ctfmon = CTFMON.EXE
HKLM\...\Run: [hTew6txG55AD] => regsvr32.exe /s "C:\PROGRA~3\hTew6txG55AD.dll"
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Chrome] => [5120 2015-10-27] ()
HKU\S-1-5-18\...\Run: [Chrome] => C:\ProgramData\taskhost.exe [5120 2015-10-27] ()
AppInit_DLLs: prio.dll => No File
AppInit_DLLs-x32: prio32.dll => No File
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-3839431373-621308647-2831785862-1000 -> {6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990} URL =
FF Plugin: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @microsoft.com/GENUINE -> disabled [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @nexon.net/NxGame -> C:\ProgramData\NexonUS\NGM\npNxGameUS.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @pandonetworks.com/PandoWebPlugin -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Pando Networks\Media Booster\npPandoWebPlugin.dll [No File]
FF Plugin HKU\S-1-5-21-3839431373-621308647-2831785862-1000: ubisoft.com/uplaypc -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\npuplaypc.dll [No File]
FF HKLM\...\Firefox\Extensions: [{C4CFC0DE-134F-4466-B2A2-FF7C59A8BFAD}] - C:\Program Files\Updater By SweetPacks\Firefox => not found
CHR Plugin: (Widevine Content Decryption Module) - C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\WidevineCDM\1.4.6.703\_platform_specific\win_x86\widevinecdmadapter.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Chrome PDF Viewer) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\46.0.2490.80\pdf.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Battlefield Play4Free Updater) - C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\oiokahphinmbmakkehgelkmpolmnbkdh\1.0.96.0_0\npBP4FUpdater.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Google Update) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.25.5\npGoogleUpdate3.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Java Deployment Toolkit 7.0.710.14) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\dtplugin\npDeployJava1.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Java™ Platform SE 7 U71) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\plugin2\npjp2.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Silverlight Plug-In) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Silverlight\5.1.30514.0\npctrl.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Nexon Game Controller) - C:\ProgramData\NexonUS\NGM\npNxGameUS.dll => No File
CHR Plugin: (Shockwave Flash) - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_14_0_0_145.dll => No File
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [jbolfgndggfhhpbnkgnpjkfhinclbigj] - <no Path/update_url>
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [jimmegiofifickhcnpbllambfpmadfof] - C:\Users\CHRIST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\jimmegiofifickhcnpbllambfpmadfof.crx <not found>
S4 HiPatchService; D:\Program Files (x86)\Hi-Rez Studios\HiPatchService.exe [X]
S4 LMIRfsClientNP; no ImagePath
S3 BS3594002047; \??\C:\Users\CHRIST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\NTFS.sys [X]
S3 dump_wmimmc; \??\D:\Program Files (x86)\eFusion\BlackShot\system\GameGuard\dump_wmimmc.sys [X]
S3 EagleX64; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\EagleX64.sys [X]
S2 LMIInfo; \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn\x64\RaInfo.sys [X]
U3 tmlwf; no ImagePath
U3 tmwfp; no ImagePath
S3 vtany; \??\C:\Windows\vtany.sys [X]
S3 xhunter1; \??\C:\Windows\xhunter1.sys [X]
S3 xspirit; \??\C:\Windows\xspirit.sys
CustomCLSID: HKU\S-1-5-21-3839431373-621308647-2831785862-1000_... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594639/cpu-usage-in-task-manager-very-high-presentationhostexe-memory-usage/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have the following config- gt Windows XP Professional SP which I have been using for the last years - gt Updated Kaspersky Internet Security running for the last year - gt No new software were installed in the last month that I can recall of Suddenly I get this problem I ran an application one day it was winrar and nothing starts Task manager shows CPU usage as I have dual core while memory usage remains at k After a few days vlcplayer exe started giving the same problem- gt So I reinstalled windows formatted my C drive max when (while I a memory increases CPU usage application run doesnt) to usage and installed a fresh copy - gt Everything worked fine I was CPU usage increases to max (while memory usage doesnt) when I run a application using Irfanview exe with no problems but then one day again IrfanView exe did not start Same problem CPU usage was while memory remained really low - gt I uninstalled it from C program files and installed a new copy in C program files --- this did not solve the problem- gt I uninstalled it again from C program files and installed to D Now it works fine - gt But now again I got the same problem with media player exeI have tried a virus scan with Kaspersky updated and a scan with spybot They both came out to be clean Any ideas I cant reinstall Windows as that did not solve the problem

A:CPU usage increases to max (while memory usage doesnt) when I run a application

I dont know if this helps: I read somewhere about creating a drive image for easy backup. So I tried DriveImageXML, but it gave an error regarding CRC check which related to bad sectors i suppose. I ran a scan disk before installing a fresh copy of Windows. Obviously, this hasnt helped either.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351783/cpu-usage-increases-to-max-while-memory-usage-doesnt-when-i-run-a-application/
Relevancy 70.09%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

hi all i d really appriciate if someone could take a look at my HiJackThis report and let me know if anything looks out of place I ve run scans with avast and spybot with nothing found by my CPU and Memory usage has suddenly rocketed today cpu usage and usage suddenly memory high and my laptop CPU fan hasnt switched off all day constantly going at full speed any help much appriciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro high cpu usage and memory usage suddenly HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning high cpu usage and memory usage suddenly processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system high cpu usage and memory usage suddenly svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files lotus notes ntmulti exeC WINDOWS system NLSSRV EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system StacSV exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system UTSCSI EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Documents and Settings Mike Tanner Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exeC Documents and Settings Mike Tanner Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO BrowserHelper Class - EDF A - - F- F E-F A D A - C Program Files Livedrive LivedriveExplorerExtensions dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NVHotkey rundll exe nvHotkey dll StartO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run ava... Read more

A:high cpu usage and memory usage suddenly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/322564/high-cpu-usage-and-memory-usage-suddenly/
Relevancy 69.66%

I ve recently been getting CPU usage errors and over the top memory usage then my computer for the most part locks up I ve errors 100% CPU and usage Solved: usage? memory reinstalled WinXP fixed IE settings back to origional settings Ran antispyware programs and AVG At first my problems started when I played games on Facebook getting script errors As I ve been doing a lot of studying on these problems I got to thinking maybe I need more memory Solved: 100% CPU usage errors and memory usage? Then I Solved: 100% CPU usage errors and memory usage? start getting CPU errors I ve noticed in my task manager in Processes there are lots of svchost exe listings and a few other programs that are listed more Solved: 100% CPU usage errors and memory usage? than once Im attaching a picture of this list in idle mode Wandering if anyone else sees anything that may look odd Any advice will be greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Gamila Giovani Neon series Antivirus PC Cleaners Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

what do i do to overcome these problems.? Nortin anti- virus has given me a Performance alert..., & i don't want to mess up....I thought if I used Disc Cleanup, & Defragmenter that this would help, but I'm still getting the alerts....wha should i do.?

A:High Memory Usage..., & Hich CPU usage.

please continue on your other thread and don't start a new one since you are talking about the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/high-memory-usage-hich-cpu-usage.988171/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello I have multiple svchost running in task manager one which causes high cpu and memory usage that start increasing when I connect to the internet. Also when I connect to the internet i get redirected to other sites. Sometimes when I reboot my computer I get a generic host process for win32 message. When I run my anti-virus program it says 0 threats detected but sometimes say PDF Malware: Pidief detected and quarantined but the problem still continue. I am new to the site and have little computer knowledge any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Svchost high cpu usage and memory usage

Hello breal,do these please,post the logs and update me.Please download the TDSS Rootkit Removing Tool (TDSSKiller.exe) and save it to your Desktop. <-Important!!!Be sure to download TDSSKiller.exe (v2.4.0.0) from Kaspersky's website and not TDSSKiller.zip which appears to be an older version 2.3.2.2 of the tool.Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.If TDSSKiller does not run, try renaming it. To do this, right-click on TDSSKiller.exe, select Rename and give it a random name with the .com file extension (i.e. 123abc.com). If you do not see the file extension, please refer to How to change the file extension.Click the Start Scan button.Do not use the computer during the scanIf the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt (i.e. TDSSKiller.2.4.0.0_27.07.2010_09.o7.26_log.txt) will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.T... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385229/svchost-high-cpu-usage-and-memory-usage/
Relevancy 69.66%

So, it's exactly as the title says,
I downgraded back down to windows 8 after feeling some sluggishness with my windows 10 OS.
It started off fine, but once I started downloading and installing necessary windows update files, I noticed once again the sluggishness I felt before, except this time my System Disk which is also my SSD drive, was being used up to 100% while my CPU was completely fine

Can someone please help me out in this scenario.

Laptop Specs:
Windows 8.1
MSI Dragon Edition 2, GT70 0NE, Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40 GHz 64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX680M
Intel HD Graphics 4000

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74179-high-ssd-c-drive-usage-low-cpu-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 69.66%

okay I m running a windows machine with an Intel Core i GHz gigs of memory ACPI x NVIDIA GeForce GTS ASnd the thing is no idle, memory cpu at 57% physical usage usage. my rig is sucking 57% physical memory usage at idle, no cpu usage. up - physical memory 57% physical memory usage at idle, no cpu usage. doing nothing I ve turned off as many services as i can that I don t need I ve run MBAM and MBAR and MSRT and avast and AVG scans to find nothing I ve changed from Zone Alarm and Avast to Comodo and AVG I still can 57% physical memory usage at idle, no cpu usage. t find this thing I need help I got Hijack this and then I realized I don t even know what I m looking at instances of missing or lost files And now it looks like there s a new drive E on my rig that I didn t put there with mb of space on it Sooo What should I do I can usually stumble my way through this kind of thing but I m at a loss OH an instance of svchost exe is currently at k and I just restarted I dunno what that means

A:57% physical memory usage at idle, no cpu usage.

Please do the following:Download the appropriate version for your system of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive. (Choose the correct version depending on which architecture operating system you are using, 32bit (x86) or 64 (x64) bit)Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options. To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand Prompt[*]Select Command Prompt[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.[*]The tool will start to run.[*]When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.[*]Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already there[*]Press Scan button.[*]FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file, close out this message, then type the following into the search box:services.exe[*]now press the search button[*]when the search is complete, search.txt will also be written to your USB[*]type exit and reboot the computer normally[*]please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Search.txt)[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475706/57-physical-memory-usage-at-idle-no-cpu-usage/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,
I have a ACER D255 netbook with intel atom N550 (1.5ghz, 1mb L2 cache) 1gb DDR3 memory and 250 gb hdd.
lately it has been a tad slow and freezing up will using google chrome. my task manager says right now that CPU usage is 4% but Memory is at 75%, sometimes up to 90%. it also says that i have 89 processes running. what could be wrong. what other info do you guys need?

A:High Physical memory usage with low CPU usage

Hello and To BC!

Look under the process tab in the task manager and find out what process is using the most resources. Does this same situation happen when google chrome is closed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418369/high-physical-memory-usage-with-low-cpu-usage/
Relevancy 69.66%

I don't know much about hardware, but look at pic.
The "PF usage" is more than Physical Memory, is this why it's so slow?
New memory?
What’s the maximum amount of memory that XP 32 bit can handle?

A:If the "PF usage" is more than Physical Memory, should I buy a new Memory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-the-pf-usage-is-more-than-physical-memory-should-i-buy-a-new-memory.573886/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an A7V mother board with 3 sticks of 128 meg memory in it. When I click on the system performance tab, i fet the message-

"compatibilty-mode paging reduces overall system performance.

Drive c is using ms-dos compatibility mode file system."

What the heck does that mean? My virtual memery is on but my resources are at 80 percent with everythign closed out. It used to be 98 with everything closed out. What the heck is going on ? please help?

A:memory performance

See this microsoft article about Troubleshooting MS-DOS Compatibility Mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-performance.48923/
Relevancy 68.8%

I'm computer illiterate, I need to be COMPLETELY walked through this. All I know is I need more memory and RAM, also computer is VERY slow. I also have no computer protection programs or cleaners. I'm completely unprotected, because I don't know what programs I should use.

A:Help with memory and performance

hello. lets start by getting your computer protected against viruses. you can go here

http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe and download avg once you've downloaded it install it.
I'll need you to give me as much info about your computer as you can. what kind of computer is it, what is the model number, and what operating system is running on it.
usually the make and model are on the front of the computer and to tell what operating system you are running you need to click START then RIGHT click on "computer" or "my computer" then click "properties" it will tell you what Operating System you are running in the window that pops up..

after you have done this post back to let me know. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-memory-and-performance.758537/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys,

I'm a bit confused as to if this is the norm or not. At the moment I'm running with 4gb or ddr3 and 2gb readyboost usb plugged in.

Nothing is running in the background, can you guys tell me if my memory is looking okay? I'm just a bit concerned about that 'free' reading.

A:Memory performance, I'm not sure?

Hello Rob, and welcome to Seven Forums.

This is normal. Windows 7 will make use of any available memory by preloading it using "Superfetch" with what it thinks you will need next to help speed up performance by having it ready to go from memory on the fly instead of having to load it from the hard drive each time as requested. If you do not need it, then it will just dump it from memory when it needs the memory for something else automatically. Superfetch learns as it goes to help determine what and when you run and open stuff to help better improve what it loads in memory as well.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44819-memory-performance-im-not-sure.html
Relevancy 67.94%

My PC's been booting up slow since I downloaded Zone Alarm and Firefox this week, which hog a good bit of memory. Before I started this topic I've done some of the things recommended in this article (particularly changing the visuals).
http://www.informationweek.com/LP/sh...o=3&queryText=

I have 640MB of RAM. Until very recently, I only had 128MB (i got my pc reformatted..well that's what i was told, im a noob kinda), and my pc is about 6/7 years old so i don't know if that's having an effect.
Here's some stats from my task manager (i've got 33 processes running. Firefox is taking up 62,000K which is a lot compared to everything else...and it stays when i minimise the browser. Maybe I should delete firefox, though im not sure.)

Totals
Handles 7551
Threads 376
Processes33

Physical memory
Total 654832
Available 361316
System Cache 370272

Kernel Memory
Total 46988
Paged 40012
Nonpaged 6980

A:What is my taskmanager's performance/memory like?

bump. I think the pc is loading up slow at startup because of zone alarm. Are my stats alright anyway?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/what-is-my-taskmanagers-performance-memory-like-125702.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi Recently I've noticed my system becoming pretty sluggish when running more than a couple of apps internet explorer the odd game etc I'm running a Vista Home Premium set up with a Pentium Dual Core GHZ chip and GB RAM which should have and previously did have more than enough grunt When memory/performance Vista I look at Task Manager after startup with little running I can see that the Physical Memory utilisation is up at - and in the performance tab I have approx MB free and the usage history graph Vista memory/performance is up at approx GB I'm very experienced with pc's so I know about Vista's superfetching etc but the system is dog slow I've disabled everything that I don't need at start up as well as some services which I won't use I've run AVG virus scan Spybot and AdAware repeatedly along with CCleaner and Disk Defrag Security Task Vista memory/performance manager doesn't show me anything suspicious either I've uninstalled anything that I won't need and still it's running incredibly Vista memory/performance slow The windows experience score is still at so in theory the system is sound I can't see what's utilising all of this memory in the Processes so I'm stuck Help Chris

A:Vista memory/performance

In search type memory diagnostic. Take the test. Maybe it will show a problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/266207-vista-memory-performance.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have a question about my ram. I'm not quite sure if it's under performing and was wondering if anybody could give some advice about this. I have 4 gigs OCZ SLI-Ready PC2-6400 800 mhz DDR2 ram. When using SiSoftware Sandra Lite XII, in my benchmark results i recieved a Int Memory Bandwidth score of 5459 mb/s and a Float Memory Bandwidth score of 5464 mb/s. My memory timings are set at 4-4-4-15 2T. I also get a score of 5.5 for ram with windows experience index. Are those average memory bandwidth scores for the type of ram i'm using, or should they be higher? Other info is my FSB: DRAM is 2:3, not sure if that makes a huge difference in performance.

Relevancy 67.94%

How can i maximize the perfomance of my memory???

I use XP home and I have 1gig of ram but it seems like its very slow after i reformat it...

A:How can i maximize memory performance?

Tell us more, with motherboard, hard drive, OS, age, type of memory, etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-maximize-memory-performance.86708/
Relevancy 67.94%

I don't know if this issue was previously answered, but i need help with my system performance. I have a HP xw-8000 workstation Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600) Cpu : 2-Intel Pentium 4, 2392MHz, 512KB (41% Load) Ram: Usage: 302/2048MB (14.75%) Graphic Card : NVIDIA Quadro NVS Screen 1024x768 32bit 60Hz .
The problem i am experiencing is that my pc lags when opening progs , or even when simply opening anything. its like it pauses for around 15 to 20 secs (sometimes longer) before eventually opening or executing the task. i have adjusted the virtual mem settings to various ones, to no avail. Could someone give me advice on how to optimize my system so that i can eliminate the lag/pause and achieve the most performance.
Thank you
kj
[email protected]

Relevancy 67.94%

I recently added 2GB of memory to my P4P800 for a total of 4GB, and immediately began experiencing visible performance problems most noticeably in games. After much troubleshooting, I discovered that setting Maximum Memory in System Configuration (msconfig.exe) to 3300MB (I didn't test every 1MB below the limit, by the way), down from the limit of 3328 (using 1 or 2MB less than this still resulted in performance problems...) restored performance to pre-4GB levels. I'm aware of x86 architecture not being able to utilize 4GB of memory, so this isn't about that. Additional oddities include PCI Latency Timer (of all things...) effecting performance and lower memory timings being more stable than high... What's going on here? Is there any way to avoid adding a memory limit?

Windows Vista with SP1 (32-bit)
Asus P4P800 with BIOS 1021.006
Pentium 4 3.0E at 3.75 (250FSB)
Corsair PC3200 4GB (4x1)
GeForce 7800 GS at 520/725
Audigy 2

A:Poor Performance With 4GB Memory

You could possibly be running into problems with all four dimm slots filled with memory. In fact Corsair usually recommends downclocking your memory when filling all four dimm slots. See here: Full dimm slots - Please school me. - The Corsair Support Forums. Follow the links posted by DereKT.

Also be aware that the more memory your v-card(s) have, the less system memory you have for non video system resources under a 32bit system since 32bit OS' are limited to 4gig of memory. See here: http://www.corsair.com/_appnotes/AN8...e_Analysis.pdf.

Other then that, make sure you have "manually" set the recommended memory timings and voltage as stated by the RAM manufacturer.

Good luck

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192081-poor-performance-4gb-memory.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Can anyone tell me why I get a Vista Performance Score of of only 4.7?
My lowest performer is the memory. I have 4gb (4 x 1gb) Corsair XMS 800mhz RAM. Even if I take out 2gb, I get the same score.
I run 32bit Vista Home Premium & 64bit Vista Ultimate and get the same result.

Is there some way of sorting this problem out? I thought I should be getting a 5.9 score on memory!

Thanks for any replies.

Relevancy 67.94%

Hello! I have a doubt about memory...

which memory performs better? a DDR2 800 with 4-4-4-15 or a DDR2 1066 with 5-5-5-15 2T, and what does that 2T means?

Thanks for your input

A:Memory performance question

i say you wont tell a difference, you might see a difference if your benchmarking. if you plan on overclocking then the DDR2 1066 will let you get higher FSB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-performance-question.124787/
Relevancy 67.94%

Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.40GHz 533MHz Bus
ABit IS7
Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO XMS3200 1024MB 2-3-3-6 (Running at: 2.5-3-3-7)
Xtasy ATI Radeon X800 XT

3DMark05: 4673

the RAM is rated at 2-3-3-6 but its running at 2.5-3-3-7 (CPU-Z and my bios) is this because of the slow FSB of my cpu? any suggestions on improvements?

A:Questions about memory performance etc ...

Usually the BIOS has options for settings such as Turbo, Aggressive, Expert. Have you tried manually resetting the timmings?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/questions-about-memory-performance-etc.18260/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been having a problem for a long time with my memory being high on start up, and over a few hours going up to 95%. Here are some screen shots, in the 1st one i have some Free memory but in the second it has gone down to 0

I have done many virus scans and never found anything. Im also using windows 7 and have 4 Gig of ram

Please help!

Relevancy 67.51%

First off, I have been advised to start a new thread in this forum, as a previous thread in a different forum, from this site, regarding this issue was not completely resolved. See link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/318854/physical-memory-increases-to-98-over-a-few-days/Here's what's happening. Upon booting up, it seems to take a bit too long to even to get to the Vista logo; then, when booted up, the harddrive seems to be running constantly for about an hour or so, yet nothing is loading;lastly, when the computer is on for a few days at a time, the physical memory seems to increase, eventually getting to anywhere from 75% to 90+%, yet I don't have to use the computer to do this - it can just be on and maybe just have Outlook running.Specs:OS: Vista Home Premium SP2 (x64)Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 2.5GhzRAM: 4GbFree Space: 244Gb free/465Gb total

A:Memory usage high, CPU usage low, not sure why

Hello ,lets run thes and review your logs.First clean the Temp files. TFC by OTPlease download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.Before you save it rename it to say zztoy.exe alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.Now a Safe Mode scan with SAS:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-clic... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331222/memory-usage-high-cpu-usage-low-not-sure-why/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi Guys,
I have had my laptop for around a year now, and it's always been pretty fast for a cheapish laptop, It's an advent modena m100 in blue, but recently it has started getting real slow, like my CPU Usage is at 100% all the time and my Physical memory usage is running quite high aswell, without even having any programs open. Has anyone got any ideas on what it could be causing this? If so how can I get it back to how it used to be Thanks!

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I was using my laptop a few days ago I left to CPU high usage Have and Memory usage go out and came back about an hour later I notice my CPU usage was running amp the memory My laptop just stopped I went into safe mode and that is Have high CPU usage and Memory usage where I am currently I have deleted almost everything I don't use didn't mind I've even gone to msconfig to check off things i don't use The initial response was good CPU usage dropped but as soon as I used the internet rebooted or used an Icon everything that Have high CPU usage and Memory usage I discontinued in msconfig would be checked again I did this several times I ran Iobit Advance system care w everything that it possess amp ran Spyhunter all in safe mode It did'nt come up with much I am currently Googling for anything that match my criteria There are a few but no good remedies I don't have a backup disk to use to restore or else I would have tried I am looking for Have high CPU usage and Memory usage any good advice I hope that i dont have to replace the processor or the memory I mostly use this laptop for games emails social media and searches Please help Thanks

A:Have high CPU usage and Memory usage

Check in Resource Monitor which processes are using the CPU and RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/323175-have-high-cpu-usage-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 67.51%

So I've been dealing with high CPU usage and physical memory usage for a while now and was wondering if anyone could help. I've been looking at windows task manager and I think I've found the culprit. I rebooted my computer just to make sure and I believe its one of the 12 svchost.exe processes running on my computer. When the computer rebooted it was fine but then after some minutes that process shot up to as much as 1,000,000k in physical memory usage right now its around 705,148k. I assume that there is my problem but I am not exactly sure so I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. Thanks.

A:High CPU usage and memory usage

Make sure all drivers are up to date. etc
Use Process Explorer to pin point the actual problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/high-cpu-usage-and-memory-usage-1079705.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Dear all,

Is it true that under System Properties, Advanced, Performance Optionsd , Advanced and under Virtual memory it's recomended to set the Paging file size under Initial and Maximum to 3 times of our available RAM in order to have a better efficient machine?

ie 512 x 3 = 1536?
I'm Running XP pro SP 2

A:Performance setting on virtual memory

Never heard anyone recommend 3x - Standard recs are 1.5 to 2x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-setting-on-virtual-memory.301166/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi great site Thanks My first post Memory Performance Discrepencies And Lousy so i ll just BIOS tells me I have gig of physical memory but Windows tells me I have I actually have Since I noticed this discrepency my HP with Memory Discrepencies And Lousy Performance DSL has become slower than dial-up I have tried most of the on-line scans Pit Stop Norton House Cleaning Stinger They all tell me Memory Discrepencies And Lousy Performance that my memory is too slow responding to a request interupt - in DMA I guess So I think the request times out Web pages sometimes takes or minutes to load or don t and if I have two windows up it freezes Warning pop-ups saying there is not enough memory to complete the request Man I haven t got a clue Pretty new computer but HP tech support did a remote and said the L caches weren t enabled but BIOS says they are HP put me on hold and never came back Would anyone have any idea about this Thanks so much Willy Win XP Pro SP Dual Athlons Raid - Striped gigs RAM

A:Memory Discrepencies And Lousy Performance

Windows won't recognize more than about 3.25 to 3.5 gB of RAM (this is due to how it allocates address space) on a 32 bit system. 64 bit systems will recognize the entire amount.I don't know if this will affect you, but several high end HP's that I've worked on have had BIOS issues with the hard drive recognition order. Be advised that these were all IDE systems without RAID. The fix was to disable all IDE channels that did not have anything on them (set it to None in the BIOS), then to move the boot drive over to be the Primary Master. I'd try something similar with your HP, but am not that familiar with RAID.Next, I'd scour the information about your motherboard that's available both from HP and from the maker of the motherboard. Let us know the exact make and model of your system and we should be able to locate a boatload of info about it. Is the RAM all DDR2 and are all chips the same size and model? Have you run Memtest86 on the RAM to check it? (free here: http://www.memtest86.com/ )Finally, I'd do some in-depth checking of the settings in the RAID array to see if there's something there that's causing this.EDIT: I have 4gB of RAM also (an MSI mobo), and haven't noticed any problem with the unrecognized RAM. I wonder if there could be an issue with the unrecognized RAM interfering with the workings of the rest of the RAM - haven't found an answer for that. You may want to try it with only 2 gB of RAM in the system to see if that "fixes" it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96694/memory-discrepencies-and-lousy-performance/
Relevancy 67.08%

In the Windows Task Manager Performance tab their are values for memory: Total, Cached, Available and Free. What exactly do these mean? Thanks.

Bill

A:Task Manager - Memory Performance

Total = is all the RAM you have

Cached = is the part where previously used programs or data are stored for a possible reuse (loads faster than from disk). That can be reused any time by active programs/data when needed. It also contains the so called Modified (see below)

Available = is the sum of cached and free

Free = is what it says. Nobody is using it .

You get a better picture of your RAM usage if you look into the Resource Monitor > Memory tab. The colored picture splits it nicely (see picture below). Everything in blue (light or dark) is available, There you also see 3 additional categories:

Hardware Reserved = is RAM that is needed by the hardware - e.g. for an on-board graphics

In Use = is what the system and data currently uses

Modified = is some temporary storage area where the system did not get a chance yet to write the data back to disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309526-task-manager-memory-performance.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I ve been trying to speed up the pc but to no avail Now I did try a clean boot and that SEEMED to help but not noticeably I ve changed the room space amount whatever the term is allocated for the internet from to It takes FOREVER to boot open programs and video is jumpy I have seen here that hijackthis has been a good tool but even with that performance/slow/low memory virtual pc I m just not sure what pc performance/slow/low virtual memory the heck I m doing One thing I would like confirmation on is that quot O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe quot is legit and also at anytime quot C WINDOWS system svchost exe quot can be running from to times concurrently I have included my log Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated quot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Innovative Solutions DriverMax devices exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user Application Data mjusbsp magicJack exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Download Manager Browser Helper Object - C E B- B - CB-BFFC- B E F - C PROGRA COMMON fluxDVD DOWNLO XEBDLH DLL O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run swg quot C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot O - HKCU Run DriverMax quot C Program Files Innovative Solutions DriverMax devices exe quot -agent O - HKCU Run cdloader quot C Documents and Settings user Application Data mjusbsp cdloader exe quot MAGICJACK O - HKCU Run Advanced SystemCare quot C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe quot startup O - Extra context menu item Google Sidewiki - res C Program Files Google Google To... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-performance-slow-low-virtual-memory.888563/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,
My system consists of a dell dimension w/Intel Pentium 4, 2.8 Hz. It has 512 MB of ram and a 140 GB hd w/81 GB free. I'm running XP home 2002, sp3. I'm connected through ATT DSL elite. I am constantly getting messages telling me I am low on virtual memory and that windows is making adjustments. I ordered 2 GB of ram thinking that would solve my problem but have decided to post here before I install it. I read similar posts about low virtual memory and didn't see anything about adding ram. I also saw suggestions about cleaning up your startup procedures with msconfig and I tried that but after I made changes I got a message that my system was booting in diagnostic mode and that I needed to go back into msconfig and change it to normal thus undoing my changes.???
Thanks, Denny

Relevancy 67.08%

I have a Toshiba Tecra M2, 512MB memory running Windows XP Pro SP1. Motherboard was replaced by Toshiba last week including BIOS version 1.5. Computer is running very slow, choppy graphics, etc. Hard disk has been defragged and has 27GB available. Checked BIOS and both Level 1 and Level 2 cache are enabled.

Ran PC Pitsop and received the following warning;

1. Unusually low memory performance - 1120 MB/s. Same systems typically perform at 5492MB/s.

Before I descend into Toshiba Tech Service hell anybody have a clue as to what could be wrong???????

Thanks.

A:new motherboard - unusually low memory performance

I'm simply going to SWAG this and suggest that you install (or reinstall) the motherboard chipset drivers before you do anything else; once you've done that, reboot the system and let us know what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboard-unusually-low-memory-performance.423388/
Relevancy 67.08%

I did a test at pc pitstop and it show that I have very poor disk performance, low processor performance, low memory performance, and low video performace. (23 FPS)

I have a HP Pavilion 6350 (WIN98) with a AMD-K6-2/333 processor a Gforce2 MX400 with 256 MB of ram and Road Runner. My comp runs really slow and every time i try to play a game like counter strike I run on around 23 frames per second, the lag is really bad. I have tryed defraging and that doesnt work. I did the PC pitstop test and it said my disk speed is bad would that effect it and how could i fix it? I can send u the resualts of the test if you want them.

A:low disk performance, low processor per., low memory per., low vid per.(23 FPS)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-disk-performance-low-processor-per-low-memory-per-low-vid-per-23-fps.78896/
Relevancy 67.08%

I am using a Dell 15 Laptop with 3GB of memory, running Vista. I would like to speed up this computer. It is not really, really slow but it seems that the speed could be improved some.
Could some one suggest and answer to, will I get a better increase in speed if I install more memory or by Installing Windows 7?

Thanks for any information you can provide
Jerry D.

Relevancy 67.08%

I have 4 DDR slots on my Motherboard. They are various speeds, with the slowest one being PC2100, however the mainboard has a memory clock which i set to 333mhz (or PC2700). Thats not the problem.

I can set them up with 256MB x 4 sticks of RAM for a total of 1 GB, and have the dual-channeled.
OR:
I can set them up with 256MB x 3 and 512MB x 1.

Would it be faster if I dual channeled all of the RAM together or add an extra 256 MB of RAM and NOT dual channel them?

Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all Just installed win the other day everything ran smooth and system using allmost no Memory only to gigs used then i figured id Game Issues performance/Memory try some of my games started out with no problems hour of world of tanks and then i switched over to BF after around hours it started to lag out every few second so closed it and started Diablo the lag started instantly tried rebooting the pc still lagging out noticed that Game performance/Memory Issues even after i reboot it had started to pile data to my memory now running at gigs used and instant lag in my games Anyone had similar problems my specs are core i Ghz Asus Sabertooth x Gigs Kingston DDR AMD asus Radeon with Gigs GDDR Gigs Intel X-m SSD for system and my favorite games BF World of tanks atm x Gigs disk in raid for storage secondary games Diablo Eve online various steam games FIX so far turned off superfetch from services msc and prefetcher in the registry Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Session Manager Memory Management PrefetchParameters Set the value of EnablePrefetcher to rebooted lag issue is now gone and its back using around to gigs after a reboot only played BF for around hour so not sure if it holds up for longer periods game time

A:Game performance/Memory Issues

Well; BF3 is compatible with Windows 8... Windows Compatibility for Battlefield 3 version 1.3: EA. Drivers, Updates, Downloads
Could be a bug or something... Also, keep in mind that Windows 8 is still not complete = nothing is perfect!

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/8670-game-performance-memory-issues.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I have 2 GB RAM

Hi, friends... tell me which setting will be perfect for better speed and performance?
see attachments..
1. (Defaults) , 2. or 3.

waiting for your reply!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-visual-memory-settings-are-best-for-better-performance.680880/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello

My actual system as 6 gig of memory with a 400 MHZ speed

Questions:

- If I install 1066 6 gig at 1066 will I increase the performance of my system?
- Could I Increase performance by modifying the voltage of my actual memory stick?

Any help or idea appreciated

Martin

A:Memory speed: Increas performance?

Quote: Originally Posted by arjfca

Hello

My actual system as 6 gig of memory with a 400 MHZ speed

Questions:

- If I install 1066 6 gig at 1066 will I increase the performance of my system?
- Could I Increase performance by modifying the voltage of my actual memory stick?

Any help or idea appreciated

Martin

You can't put memory that is faster than the memory that your pc came with in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/228323-memory-speed-increas-performance.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Dear Forum 7 Experts,

I have an Excel application that uses 3 GB of memory when it is idle. When is is running the app will use up to 10 GB of memory. My memory configurations are as follows:

Physical Memory

Installed32 GBExcel App10 GBOther Processes3GBCached2 GBFree Memory17 GBKernel Memory

Paged377 MBNon Paged123 MBThe Excel application seems to run okay for the first hour. But, since the app uses more memory, as time progresses, it eventually slows down to a snails pace. The program is written impeccably to conserve memory but its associated and growing tables of data would seem to be too much for the system to handle.
Since my workstation can handle up to, I think, about 600 GB of memory, I am wondering if i need to purchase more memory or whether there is something else i can try to relieve the performance bottleneck.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Insufficient Memory May Be Limiting Performance

I believe a fellow by the name of Sir George solved this problem for me. After converting from a lower version of windows 7 to Windows 7 Ultimate, the problem went away because the operating system can now fully utilize the memory that I have installed. Nice going sir.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/329011-insufficient-memory-may-limiting-performance.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I just installed windows rtm bit and I really love it But i got a performance problem under certain circumstances and hope u can help me First here is a list of my relevant hardware AMD X GHz GB DDR RAM System drive x GB raid about MB sec reading graphics gt USB Flash drives dedicated to Ready Boost GB and MB Now let me describe my problem I have to run virtual machines on this PC I use VMWare Server each virtual machine is set to MB RAM lowest value possible any lower values result in excessive (memory management?) performance problem swapping All virtual machines are set up on another harddrive GB about MB sec reading so they don't affect my system drive Performance is normally just fine in Win the virtual machines eat up very little CPU power But when i use very demanding applications e g Crysis performance becomes a performance problem (memory management?) nightmare framedrops game is not playable The LEDs for my flashdrives and my harddrive are flashing all the time I guess all my Ram is used and win swaps the data needed for crysis instead of swapping my virtual machines Only way to play crysis is to stop my virtual machines which is not acceptable In Win XP that wasn't such a big problem there was some swapping for about minute when i started crysis then performance was just fine Any hints soulsick P S i know my english isn't the best hope u understood my eplanations

A:performance problem (memory management?)

Quote: Originally Posted by soulsick

Hi,
I just installed windows 7 rtm 64bit and I really love it. But i got a performance problem under certain circumstances and hope u can help me
First, here is a list of my relevant hardware:
AMD X2 4200+ @2.7 GHz
3 GB DDR RAM
System drive: 2 x 250 GB (raid 0, about 90 MB/sec reading)
graphics: 9800gt
2 USB Flash drives dedicated to Ready Boost (2 GB and 512 MB)

Now let me describe my problem: I have to run 10 virtual machines on this PC. I use VMWare Server, each virtual machine is set to 128 MB RAM (lowest value possible, any lower values result in excessive swapping). All virtual machines are set up on another harddrive (200 GB, about 40 MB/sec reading), so they don't affect my system drive.
Performance is normally just fine in Win 7 (the virtual machines eat up very little CPU power). But when i use very demanding applications, e.g. Crysis, performance becomes a nightmare (framedrops, game is not playable). The LEDs for my flashdrives and my harddrive are flashing all the time. I guess all my Ram is used and win 7 swaps the data needed for crysis instead of swapping my virtual machines. Only way to play crysis is to stop my virtual machines (which is not acceptable).
In Win XP that wasn't such a big problem, there was some swapping for about 1 minute when i started crysis, then performance was just fine.

Any hints?
soulsick

P.S.: i know my english isn't the best, hope u understood my eplanations

sulsick

Hi and welcome to sevenforums

Thanks for filling in your system specs. It really helps us down the line.

Onto the problem. have you tried running performance monitor of task manger to see how much disk thrashing is going on. Tell me about your page file set up. Its size and locations.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/21918-performance-problem-memory-management.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Operating Systems / Required / Recommended

Windows XP / 128 / 256

Windows ME / 64 / 128

Windows 2000 / 128 / 256

Windows 98SE / 32 / 64

Windows NT4.0 / 32 / 64

Windows 98 / 16 / 32

Windows 95 / 8 / 16

Internet Connections

All DSL, ADSL, & Cable / 128 / 256

Dialup AOL 9.0 / 128 / 256

Dialup AOL 8.0 / 64 / 128

Dialup AOL 6.0-7.0 / 32 / 64

Dialup AOL 3.0-5.0 / 16 / 32

Dialup MSN 9.0 / 128 / 256

Dialup MSN 8.0 / 64 / 128

Dialup MSN 6.0-7.0 / 32 / 64

Dialup MSN 3.0-5.0 / 16 / 32

Dialup Others / 16-128 / 32-256

Anti-virus & Anti-Spyware

Norton 2005 / 128 / 256

Norton 2004 / 64 / 128

Norton 2002-3 / 32 / 64

Norton 2000-1 / 16 / 32

McAfee 2005 / 128 / 256

McAfee 2004 / 64 / 128

McAfee 2002-3 / 32 / 64

McAfee 2000-1 / 16 / 32

Spy Sweeper / 64 / 128

Spybot S&D / 64 / 128

Adaware / 64 / 128

Widows Washer / 64 / 128

Pre-Empt / 64 / 128

Ghost Surf / 64 / 128

AOL Spyware / 32 / 64

Recover-pro / 128

Personal data vault / 64

2006 mcafee win 98,me / 64

2006 mcafee win xp / 128

A:Memory Usage

WHO came up with the recommended and required RAM? Was this compiled by you and from what sources, or did you find this somewhere on the Internet? Without some cited authorities and sources, this list is not very useful.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52340/memory-usage/
Relevancy 66.65%

I m looking at the perfomance panel in the desktop sidebar and it says my memory usage is around - with no programs running other than the background processes and the sidebar This freaks me out a little since I have a gig of memory I can t figure out why so much memory is being used I ve ran Ad-Aware spybot search and destroy and Norton AV All with the updated definition files Here s my hijack this logfile it sure looks long to me Can anybody help me figure out what the deal is or is it normal Thanks Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP usage memory Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System gearsec exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files JavaHMO bin Wrapper exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA memory usage NORTON SPEEDD nopdb exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Beacon TiVoBeacon exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE F programs MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe F programs Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE F programs WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe F programs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Transfer TivoTransfer exe F programs acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system java exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe G download HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bengals com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy wright edu O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - f programs acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Idea SidebarBrowserMonitor Class - AD C- CE - -B -B AD A - F programs windows sidebar sbhelp dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NORTON navapw exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe O - HKLM Run LWBMOUSE C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot F programs quick time qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run RegServer regserve exe O - HKLM Run mmtask F programs MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SymNetDrv SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run MBM quot F programs Motherboard Monitor MBM EXE quot O - HKLM Run WinFast Schedule F programs WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot F programs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run TivoTransfer quot C Program Files Common Files TiVo Shared Transfer ... Read more

A:memory usage

Interstate,

Check this site: http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/whitepapers/paper8/

There are some links at the bottom of the page that will take you to Process Lists that allow you to look up the source/purpose of most any app running on your machine.

For instance I saw Gearsec.exe in your list and looked it up and I'd say it doesn't need to be active.

There are many others that are just resource users....unless they are being USED at the moment. Like MMTASK.EXE, are you playing music right then?

If you look at the Apps/processes that are in your STARTUP, you may be shocked. Use MSCONFIG and review the lists....uncheck those you do not REALLY need running all the time....like MusicMatch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-usage.330676/
Relevancy 66.65%

is there any program that will let me manage the use of my memory for programs like video converters that would let me devote more memory so it might go a bit faster

A:memory usage

To my knowledge there are no programs that prioritize RAM use. However, I do know that Windows has poor memory management. If you want the best out of your RAM from a program, see if they make it for Linux as well. Linux has an infinitely better memory management system. If you want to get your feet wet, that might be a good project for you. If you want to know more, you can PM if you'd like.

Regards,

Brandon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/memory-usage-140521.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I encountered a problem where I have massive memory usage 2.10 Gigs + (has even gone up to 3.9 where everything was very slow on the computer) (started happening a few days ago). Does anybody know any programs that does this. I think it could be azureus but got no clue. Should I post a hijack this log?

Had the same problem with netlimiter a while ago but when I exited netlimiter all the memory was "released". This does not happen when I shut down all programs running on my current machine. Though there is ASUS ACPI Center running and I done seem to be able to shut it down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Check in the Processes tab of Task Manager to see what's using all the memory. Also, I'd suggest a free, online malware scan just in case something's gotten through your protection.Here's the one's that I use:http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/sandbox...s%2Fdefault.htm (requires IE)http://housecall.trendmicro.com

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/127347/memory-usage/
Relevancy 66.65%

MsMpEng.exe uses 5,272K on one system and 15,548K on another. Why? I uninstalled it on the 15,548K system because I figured something was wrong. Any ideas?

A:Memory Usage?

MsMpEng,exe giving particular problems in cojunction with Office updates and Live Care. Which version of WD do you use?Is there any difference between the two pc's in terms configuration?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79881/memory-usage/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey there everybody I wasn t sure where to put this topic so hopefully somebody will know where and answer my question My problem Memory Usage is that I have a gig of ram and no matter what I Memory Usage do to my computer to free up some ram it still is running at about used close to mb of memory being Memory Usage used I have NO idea what could possibly be taking up so much memory I have a ram optimizer and i frequently clean my computer and have several licensed programs cleaning my computer and checking for spyware trojans etc Its a dell just name brand kinda stuff and its a couple years old but I ve been taking care of it I just want to know how to very efficiently clean up my computer so that it will run faster and smoother Namely when playing games like Hellgate London it just runs slowly at parts when it has to load a lot of stuff Somebody educate me Because I really don t think my problem is not having enough ram because from what I ve been reading a gig of ram is quite enough for any normal dell What s the matter -Baxter nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have Windows 7 x86 with 8 GB of RAM and I'mnot sure why I have so much memory usage. On my pictures, the first one is the processes using most memory and second is the Performance screen.

A:3 GB Memory Usage

7 x86 can only use i think it's 3.5 gb of the ran you have installed. to use all 8 gb you need to run 64 bit.

scrooge

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/185942-3-gb-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hello

i recently got a laptop with windows vista (home premium or something), and have notced it being only slightly slower recently. the task manager shows that something is using 666mb of memory (of 1024), so i was just wondering weather or not this is usual fir vista?

i was looking at the memory usage of soime of the programs (mcafee and a few other things, but they dont amount to much).

thanks
welshy

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi
I am using Windows XP and have 4 children plus myself using it. It has a 60gb hard drive and the memory is almost used up.
I need a way to find out where most of the memory has been used so I can start cleaning off some files and freeing up the hard drive.
please help
jennifer

The space on the HDD?

1) Who made the system?
2)if you are using Internet Explorer, go to tools>internet options, under the General Tab, Delete your cookies, delete your Temporary Internet files. That always clears up some.

After that, I would go through the folders and find the ones hogging up all the space...

-Lazarus

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40049/memory-usage/
Relevancy 66.65%

I ran Plz Memory Help 90 Usage % all over the internet to find a fix for this and what i saw was that alot of people didnt get their answer about this subject Heres the problem I logged in 90 % Memory Usage Help Plz on my computer which btw is really old i use it only for work and i noticed that after the Welcome screen everything was opening really slow Then i opened task manager and saw that my Memory was up to of memory usage I seriously do not know what is going on i got nothing running on the background only the antivirus which is BitDefender Was wondering if you guys could help me out whit this I thought it was svchost exe trying to mess whit the Memory i ran alot of scans everywhere i got nothing from it my pc is clean Its been like this all day now This is my Pc kinda old has i said Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Pentium T GHz RAM GB only using GB Motherboard CLEVO Co M TU N M TU N W X TUN Graphics MB NVIDIA GeForce G M nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I have a new PC, windows vista 4.0Gb..everytime i turn it on , about an extra 2 gb of memory has been used and at the moment it is at 20% ,371 gb of 447 gb..trouble is that this happens everytime i turn it on...will i end up with no memory shortly or is thia normal for Vista...i have no more applications (printers etc) running than i did with my old PC which stayed constant at 12% memory used

Relevancy 66.65%

Why would my system which has 8 gig of ram show only 6.99 useable ? I have never noticed this before, just noticed it when doing tweaks to my motherboard and ram on this new set up, or is it just my head not working proper
see snip's attached

A:Memory usage

Enable Memory Remap in your BIOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/84129-memory-usage.html