Windows Support Forum

Browser and email stopped working

Q: Browser and email stopped working

Hi all,

recently both my Firefox browser and outlook 10 stopped working, the message for the browser was 'cannot connect to the server' outlook reported that the send and receive tasks could not be completed. I next tried using IE11 with outlook, IE with Thunderbird and Firefox with Thunderbird, all without any luck.

I checked with my ISP and they see no problem. I can also use Skye with no problems. I have tried re-installing outlook and installed Thunderbird downloaded from another machine with no change and reset the system to a restore point prior to the problem starting still no joy!

My PC is a HP Pavilion model p7 1010a running Windows 7 professional 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394841-browser-email-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Browser and email stopped working

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.64%

This is Windows Service Pack years old Let me explain better When I click the IE icon I can't get to the internet at all I get the message quot Internet Explorer has stopped working quot But I can click RR com Time Warner uses Internet Explorer and go to Internet Explorer that way I never get an IE message about it being stopped or not working there I can work on Internet Explorer all day and be fine Here's what else is going on and it all seems to be related I've run a CFS scan and the final but browser not with I use Stopped my homepage working browser when IE , IE comment is Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Adware scans find no adware And Avast says my computer is free of viruses All my drivers are up-to-date An Avast technician told me my IE Stopped working with IE browser , but not when I use my homepage browser Windows operating system was misconfigured I called Avast to see what was going on since they were the newest change I had made to my computer Drive C shows no files to view when I checked Program Files x When I clicked Program Files it also says quot no preview available quot If I forgot to tell you something important tell me and if I know it I will try to remember or find it out

A:IE Stopped working with IE browser , but not when I use my homepage browser

This is merely a duplicate of your previous thread. You were misled by a fake Avast "helper". Masterchief, one of our outstanding Moderators told you to do what I'm now reiterating.
Read this article?
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware HelpForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ie-stopped-working-with-ie-browser-but-not-when-i-use-my-homepage-browser-808714.html
Relevancy 61.92%

For the past months I have had no trouble with the main email that email working. stopped 8.1 Windows has comes with Windows but for some reason it has stopped working this past week it will not send mail or receive emails I noticed the problem after I tried deleting old Windows 8.1 email has stopped working. emails and then they would reappear after loading the program in the delete folder there would be multiple versions of them Such as Amazon recommends emails I have tried several test emails and no luck It seems to be just that program as my Google mail works as does my student mail and the internet connection is working perfectly No settings have been altered in the mail program it has just stopped working I can use my Google mail in the meantime but a lot of business contacts or important info arrive through my main email Another curious bug that started at the same time is that Windows news will not connect either and on opening the page it instantly minimizes and won't access the site Yes it is baffling

A:Windows 8.1 email has stopped working.

try logging into your email via internet ie Hotmail.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/59739-windows-8-1-email-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm trying to run a CD-R and it gets as far as the intro page OK, but when I click to continue the following error message comes up: 'browserApp MFC Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.' I have all the specs the CD-R specifies
i also cant get the macromedia flashplayer 8 to work either .............please help as i am getting very frustrated....................

A:browser app mfc has stopped working

Hi,

Please state the update status of your system, if it is less than SP2 you need to update your windows system & download the latest Flash player: -

Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/287664-browser-app-mfc-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently had issues with my work computer which I mostly solved already assuming this problem is a reminisce of it still though My problem is with my email connecting to the server Obviously I have re-checked all the settings servers ports passwords and etc It was working just fine then one day I come in and I cannot send or receive anything through my Verizon email in Outlook other email accounts set up in Outlook work just fine though Also strangely enough if I try to log working stopped Verizon Email mysteriously into the Verizon website to view my mail or account settings it will display the Verizon home page and all others sub pages but if try to log into my account the dropdown where I would enter my username and password just wont display The dropdown will quot drop quot but it is just a blank white box prohibiting me to enter anything and log on See attached photo This quot blank Verizon Email mysteriously stopped working dropdown quot will happen on all computers in my office network only a total of in this small network On my home computer I can access my Verizon mail with Outlook and log on the Verizon website just fine I have not tried setting up my account in outlook on other computers on the network to see if it will work on them My previous problem as stated earlier is still to be determined as Verizon Email mysteriously stopped working rather a hacker invading my computer or a sneaky virus acting like a hacker A brief explanation of what was happening is as follows I come in one day and all my icons on my desktop are gone I eventually discovered that they were moved to the recycle bin I come in the next day and a lot of my software titles were now uninstalled The following day my computer is suddenly password protected as well as new users added to the login screen One user named quot Hack quot and the other named quot Lucas quot both also password protected Through a lot of goggling I find a way to reset my logon password and gain access to my computer again Nothing else seemed quot wrong' with my computer once I regained access besides now not being able to access my email so I Verizon Email mysteriously stopped working deleted the other new users ran MBAM and added my own password to my account previously without password Now would be a good time to mention that I often use Remote desktop to access my computer from home I know using remote desktop without password protection is an open invitation for a hacker Now with that back story of what was happening with my computer is there any suggestions as to why my email is not working suddenly Its almost like the Verizon POP and SMTP mail servers are being quot blocked quot Virus scan with MBAM comes up clean I briefly looked at the firewall settings and didn't find anything related to outlook or Verizon specifically but like I said I only briefly looked and don't know how to specifically search for something in particular And also the problem that I cannot log on to the Verizon website from any computer in the network is baffling I checked the router settings an nothing seems to be changed on that Suggestions

A:Verizon Email mysteriously stopped working

Have you let your anti virus do a thorough and complete scan of your system; which can take as long as a few hours?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/346762-verizon-email-mysteriously-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi everyone. All email, inbound and outbound, both internally and externally has stopped working on our SBS 2008 server (Exchange 2007 I believe). All was working fine earlier today and yesterday. Then it just stopped working. I rebooted the server, and once back up, emails started coming through again. But now it's stopped again.

Can anybody shed any light on what would cause this? I have made no changes to the server at all.

A:Exchange email on SBS 2008 just stopped working

Hi, other than rebooting the server have you checked a few other things such as, are all the services running? Check the event logs for errors and post any errors there are.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312968/exchange-email-on-sbs-2008-just-stopped-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

We have had IMAP email accounts setup in Outlook for ages, and have all been working fine without any issues. Now all of a sudden the users keep getting prompt after prompt for the logon details, which haven't changed at all. I have had no communication from the hoster to say the server info has changed either. Has anybody else ever come across this? All was fine on Friday when everyone left, but today this has been occurring constantly.

PS. This appears to be an Outlook symptom as I do not get the saem prompts using Mozilla Thunderbird.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290207/imap-email-suddenly-stopped-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

For some reason I can see my Outlook email but when I try to send any emails they automatically get sent to the draft folder and sit there. I also have a Gmail account set up but same problem. Suggestions?

FYI this is the W8 mail app that has these problems.

Thanks

A:Windows 8 metro email app stopped working

Hi there. Look through and perhaps try these:

App Troubleshooter

www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=20291

Apps and tiles not working tutorial list

www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=21051

Try running scannow at least three times.

www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=3047

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/31152-windows-8-metro-email-app-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

The other day, I downloaded a new version of Java. All of a sudden, my browsers stopped working, + Cursclient(a program who required internet).(These are the only programs I am currently using that are affected.)

Now, that I've wandered around on the internet via another computer, I've stumbled across several resolutions, but all of them seem quite hard as I can't access internet to download stuff. But, I've typed a netsh comment, and the browser is now working 20% of the time. It opens sites, but not all of them + it uses approx 2 minutes to open every single site. I assume they won't open, as it times out.

I can still play games online and use ventrilo + Spotify etc.

Kindly regards..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-other-programs-stopped-working.1112915/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi A few days ago my browser IE got hijacked as evidenced I think by it being redirected to spam sites addresses usually beginning with Now the browser opens up all on its own multiple instances at a time and basically doesn't work other than the spam sites and my laptop has become so slow that I had to borrow another computer just to post this I've run Adaware Norton smitfraudfix safe mode Vundofix Virtumondobegone AVG Fixwareout and Spybot - Spybot found virtumonde but after fixing it and rebooting Spybot continues to find it over and over again after each reboot I got a repsonse from an administrator that my HJT was Redirected (ie) Being Browser Now Stopped Working - out of date so I guess that my entire post was deleted Below are the Kaspersky and Deckard log files I Browser (ie) Being Redirected - Now Stopped Working originally submitted about minutes ago - apologies if this is now a repost followed by a HJT log from the current version of the program Thanks in advance --------------------------------------------------------------------------------KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER REPORT Sunday June Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Kaspersky Online Scanner version Program database last update Sunday June Records in database --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scan settings Scan using the following database extended Scan archives Browser (ie) Being Redirected - Now Stopped Working yes Scan mail databases yesScan area - My Computer C D E Scan statistics Files scanned Threat name Infected objects Suspicious objects Duration of the scan File name Threat name Threats countC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine B FFD htm Infected Trojan-Downloader VBS Agent u C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Agent kd C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine A C htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Psyme lg C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine B FE tmp Infected Trojan Java ClassLoader ao C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine A htm Infected Trojan-Downloader VBS Agent u C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine A D F htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Agent fq C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F tmp Infected Trojan Java ClassLoader ao C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F F E htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Psyme ve C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F A htm Infected Trojan-Downloader VBS Agent u C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F FF htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Agent fq C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F F E htm Infected Exploit HTML IframeBof C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F B A tmp Infected Trojan-Downloader Java OpenConnection ao C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine F B A tmp Infected Trojan Java ClassLoader au C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine htm Infected Trojan-Downloader VBS Agent u C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine D htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Agent fq C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine CD htm Infected Trojan-Downloader VBS Agent u C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Symantec Norton AntiVirus Quarantine CB E htm Infected Trojan-Downloader JS Agent fq C Documents and Sett... Read more

A:Browser (ie) Being Redirected - Now Stopped Working

Hello, and welcome to the forum.My name is Simon V., and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Step 1You are operating your computer with multiple Anti-Virus programs running in memory at once:AVG Anti-Virus Free v8.0Norton 360 v2007Anti-Virus programs take up an enormous amount of your computer's resources when they are actively scanning your computer. Having two Anti-Virus programs running at the same time can cause your computer to run very slow, become unstable and even crash.If you choose to install more than one antivirus program on your computer, then only one of them should be active in memory at a time.Please disable or uninstall one or the other so they do not conflict. Whichever you choose to keep, please update it so it protects your computer from getting more infected than it already is.Step 2Please download and install CCleaner.Open CCleaner. On the Windows tab, leave the default options alone.On the Applications tab, check (tick) all the boxes except Saved Form Information. This will remove all your saved passwords if you leave this box checked.Click on the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right hand corner.When the cleaner has completed, click Tools in the Left Pane.Verify that Uninstall is highlighted in color, or click on it. In the lower right, click Save to Text File. Pull down the arrow at the top of the Save dialog and choose Desktop as the location. You can leave the filename as install.txt. Click Save, then exit Ccleaner.Step 3Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix -http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says -The Recovery Console was successfully installed.Please continue as follows -Close/Disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you. Please include the following reports for further review, so we may continue cleansing the system -- the Combofix log (C:\ComboFix.txt)- a new HijackThis log- the CCleaner Uninstall List (install.txt)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153754/browser-ie-being-redirected-now-stopped-working/
Relevancy 60.63%

I had to re-install Mozilla Firefox and ever since then, my links/hyperlinks in my emails (Microsoft Outlook 2007) won't work. It may have been other things that I installed which led me to have to re-install Firefox, but I just need to be able to get the links to work again.....help!!!

A:Suddenly email links/hyperlinks stopped working

Welcome to Seven forums rguevara2

What browser is your default browser?
Internet Explorer? Firefox?

Try method one from here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049

If you are using Firefox as your default browser then from option 9 select Firefox as your default program. Restart outlook and see if it solves the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/239682-suddenly-email-links-hyperlinks-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am computer illiterate and probably not even posting in the right area. My internet or mozilla browser will not work on my other computer. I know I've got connection because my Frostwire is still downloading. What was I doing when the error occured? I was trying to update adobe. I had taken the computer back because of malware and they restored it. I dont know what to do? I don't understand firewalls but I don't think that's it. Help please? I just wanna surf ;)

A:Internet Explorer Browser Stopped Working

If your network connections are fine, you can try to change the browser , rather than using IE, i would suggest you to give a try from different browser like Fire Fox or any other

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-browser-stopped-working-523657.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I noticed the other day that my browser Browser Redirected/Internet Help!!! working stopped Please was being redirected to several sites one of them being Blinkx com I tried to download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but I kept getting the quot is not a valid win application quot message I did a scan with Avast and with SuperAntiSpyware they both found malware and I followed the recommended actions for both programs After that my internet connection stopped working Right now I am using a different Browser Redirected/Internet stopped working Please Help!!! computer to communicate with you and I will just Browser Redirected/Internet stopped working Please Help!!! use a external HD to Browser Redirected/Internet stopped working Please Help!!! transfer any programs I need to use and for any logs you need to see I have attached the Hijackthis log from the infected computer as well as the SuperAntiSpyware log and both DDS logs I got an error message trying to run both GMER and DDS I have attached screenshots of those message as jpg files Avast doesnt really produce a log for its scans however the viruses it detected were quot Win Crpt-HPX Drp quot and quot Win MalOb-CB Cryp quot Thank you very muchHiJackThis Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exeC Program Files x Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp BHO dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenterO - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alw... Read more

A:Browser Redirected/Internet stopped working Please Help!!!

Hi,Download OTL to your desktop.Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.Copy-paste following contents into custom scan -area:netsvcsdrivers32%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*%systemroot%\*. /mp /sCREATERESTOREPOINT%systemroot%\System32\config\*.savHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AUHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rsClick the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them all in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350903/browser-redirectedinternet-stopped-working-please-help/
Relevancy 60.2%

Here are the problems I am having:
1. It started with a fake antivirus scan telling me I had spyware on my computer. I ran SUPERantivirus and it removed the problem.
2. Then this started: when I click on a search result in google or yahoo it redirects me to a random site.
3. I reran SUPERantivirus and it brought up more infections. I deleated those and rebooted. But, when I went to surf the internet, the same thing started happening again.
4. Now I have re-ran SUPERantivirus 3 times, each time it comes up with infections and removes them, but they are back next time I run the program.
5. Also, google and yahoo still keep redirecting me to other websites.

I posted thread earlier but felt I worded it poorly. You can deleat that thread if you want. Thanks.

A:Can't remove maleware and browser stopped working right.

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/cant-remove-maleware-and-browser-stopped-working-right-475948.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Seasons Greetings Everyone Here's my problem My IE-8 Stopped Working After Browser System Installing son's computer System Stopped Working After Installing IE-8 Browser stopped working after I installed IE last night Here's the details at a glance He has Windows XP and uses IE but for a long time he was having problems with the browser as it would not download anything he would always get an error msg saying System Stopped Working After Installing IE-8 Browser something like quot IE cannot open this location blah blah quot the other problem was that the system took few hours to start the IE browser to connect to the internet So what we decided to do was to upgrade the IE to IE hoping this would fix the problem but when I downloaded the IE browser with his FF browser and installed it with all the updates successfully it restarted the system took me to the desktop and that's it Even the desktop theme was gone and only showed the blue background with all the icons in it I tried to open the new IE but it didn't do a thing the system just freezes forever I then tried to open some files and did not open anything I rebooted the system a few times to see if this would help but it did not help as I cannot still open the browser That's why I am not including a scan report here I do have HJT on the desktop of my son's computer and have not tried to scan it but other than that I am able to do NOTHING Please help at your convenience Thanks so much Missy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/system-stopped-working-after-installing-ie-8-browser-621000.html
Relevancy 59.77%

When I close my browser, it will say: Internet Explorer had stopped working, then it close the browser and reopens it again. Then when it reopends the page, the page will say: Internet Explorer has closed this webpage to help protect your computer. And, I can't go back. So, I can never close my browser unless I restart my computer. Please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365618/when-i-close-my-browser-it-will-say-internet-explorer-had-stopped-working/
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Mail app push email notification for Outlook account stopped working yesterday it was working for one notification particular push Mail working email stopped for app only Microsoft account year I haven't changed anything Note it stopped working on two different devices at the same time The only way to get new email messages is manual synchronization by the Sync button now No error messages in Event log I also tried to reinstall all three apps no change Note that calendar push notifications still works on both devices I believe it is a server issue because TcpView now reports livecomm exe process connection to dub -m hotmail com server on both Mail app email push notification stopped working for particular Microsoft account only devices affected while it was something like snt -m hotmail com I don't remember the number exactly before when it had worked It seems to Mail app email push notification stopped working for particular Microsoft account only be my Microsoft account specific issue because Mail app email push notification stopped working for particular Microsoft account only notifications on other Microsoft account where Mail Calendar and People apps are connected to col -m hotmail com server still works Short summary My MS account until Jan - connection to snt -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization workedMy MS account from Jan - connection to dub -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization does not workOther MS account - connection to col -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization still work I used Fiddler debugging proxy to capture communication between the livecomm exe process and Microsoft dub -m hotmail com server It has confirmed that new email notification does not arrive from the server while the calendar event updates does EDIT please see my update to the issue Feb Thanks for any help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/31493793-3f1a-4704-8d7b-7b7bc1445111/mail-app-email-push-notification-stopped-working-for-particular-microsoft-account-only?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 59.34%

My live.com email stopped working with my Windows Phone, and Outlook 2007 on Desktop
Both stopped Sat AM 10/29
I can still sign into Outlook.com and newer emails are there, but why did it stop loading into my other devices?

Windows 10 Home 1607 14393.351

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/68848-live-com-email-stopped-working-both-windows-phone-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Windows Mail app push email notification for Outlook account Calendar and People automatic synchronization stopped working yesterday it was working for one year stopped email app notification (server push working Mail issue) I haven't changed anything Note it stopped working on two different devices at the same time The only way to get new email messages is manual synchronization by Mail app email push notification stopped working (server issue) the Sync button now No error messages in Event log I also tried to reinstall all three apps no change Note that calendar push notifications still works on both device I believe it is a server issue Mail app email push notification stopped working (server issue) because TcpView now reports livecomm exe process connection to dub -m hotmail com server on both devices affected while it was something like snt -m hotmail com I don't remember the number exactly before when it had worked It seems to be my Microsoft account specific issue because notifications on other Microsoft account where Mail Calendar and People apps are connected to col -m hotmail com server still works Short summary My MS account until Jan - connection to snt -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization workedMy MS account from Jan - connection to dub -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization does not workOther MS account - connection to col -m hotmail com - notifications synchronization still work I don't know where to report it and I also don't want to create a new Microsoft account to quot fix quot that hoping it won't be redirected to the dub -m server node again Thanks for any help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/31493793-3f1a-4704-8d7b-7b7bc1445111/mail-app-email-push-notification-stopped-working-server-issue?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.48%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 57.19%

Dear Forum I hope I'm posting this in the right forum I've been having this problem for a couple of weeks now Internet connected but browser and email not working with apparently increasing frequency After some 'Startpaging' i e Googling I found this which has so far not working and connected Internet but browser email been working but always requires a reboot I find somewhat annoying 'coz I have to close everything like apps open browser tabs etc Click on Start In Search box type cmd Internet connected but browser and email not working then quot CMD quot will be displayed in the search results Now right-click on quot cmd exe quot Select quot Run as administrator quot Now enter this command netsh int ip reset resetlog txt Press quot Enter quot Reboot your computer Now I'd love to get some feedback with regards to these questions What could be the cause of this Is there perhaps a way to stop this from happening again short of reinstalling Win If there's Internet connected but browser and email not working no immediate fix to it is it maybe possible to reset the IP without a reboot Not sure if this is in any way related But also for several weeks now though I think longer than the IP snafu the Explorer stops working after each reboot but works just fine until I shut down my machine several hours later after it has restarted itself Many thanks InterMedDude

A:Internet connected but browser and email not working

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Review this not sure why you'd have to constantly repeat cmd :/
SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/375455-internet-connected-but-browser-email-not-working.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I am using the latest versions of Firefox and Thunderbird I working browser email Buttons & in Minimize/Close not am running Windows I have been having a variety of strange problems this Minimize/Close Buttons not working in browser & email morning The minimize maximize and close buttons are not working on any browser nor do they work in Thunderbird To close out of these applications I must right-click the item's icon on the taskbar and select close If I am using Firefox I can right-click on a minimize maximize or close button and select Restore then I can minimize or maximize -- but only if I stay in Minimize/Close Buttons not working in browser & email the tab I am in If I change tabs or open a new tab the buttons do not work unless I select Restore as described above Similarly the buttons will work in Thunderbird if I right-click one and select Restore Otherwise they won't At the same time I've noticed that I cannot move any icons around on my desktop Auto arrange icons is indeed unchecked Also none of the buttons on YouTube volume pause etc are working Any ideas I've tried running Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro and neither detect any problems

A:Minimize/Close Buttons not working in browser & email

Do you have any extensions or add ons like adblock plus?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526240/minimizeclose-buttons-not-working-in-browser-email/
Relevancy 53.75%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 53.75%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I keep getting that message about Firefox when the computer starts, but the browser still starts. I get the same message about IE when I use a different account. I just reformatted before this so I'm not sure what's going on.

A:My web browser "has stopped working" at startup

What anti-virus are you using?

Check in the Startup tab of msconfig. See if anything is set to start that might ipen a browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/97501-my-web-browser-has-stopped-working-startup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 50.74%

So the other day my browser was being redirected when clicking on my search results. The browser would also shut off automatically. I downloaded MalwareBytes, AVG and SuperAnti Spyware the only thing they found was Exploit.PDF. Now the AVG components have been removed, so nothing is running that can really protect me, Ive run Highjack this so i have the log files for that. I can log into windows in normal mode, i can browse the internet, after "removing" Exploit.PDF the browser re-direction has been reduced but still occurs as well as shutting down firefox.Any help would be great. ThanksEdit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Found Exploit.PDF, browser re-directing, browser closing automatically, AVG components stopped

I would try installing Avira Free, updating same...then running a complete scan.http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Anti...nload-6527.html Click on the Softpedia Secure Download (US) button.Although Malwarebytes is a good tool, it cannot find/remove everything that might cause such problems (IMO).Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/288067/found-exploitpdf-browser-re-directing-browser-closing-automatically-avg-components-stopped/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 50.31%

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available.  I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator)  and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.I have restarted the computer several times with no help.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Media-Video-has-stopped-working-A-problem-stopped-the/td-p/5786575
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey,
we are currently facing a problem with our SharePoint Site crashing the Internet Explorer 10. We have no idea which custom code triggers this crash and why.

We have no Problem with IE9, IE11, Chrome or FireFox.If we change the tab while loading the page in the IE10 and switch back, everything works fine.It crashes on all Windows 7 Systems tested so far. Seems to be no Policy problem.All Addons disabled, same problemCleared cached Data, same problem
Any idea how to debug this issue?
With kind regards!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/34db2d5f-193b-42f7-be66-ac8a525b2f5d/how-to-debug-browser-crash-of-internet-explorer-10-internet-explorer-has-stopped-working?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello:
The mouse started to stray and stopped working in the middle of doing something, i.e. eBay, typing word and etc. which is very annoying and first of all, I lose all of the work done due to stopping of the mouse.

However, the mouse started working as if nothing wrong, once I restarted by 'force' restart ..... pushing the button in the middle of the PC. Otherwise, the PC is all fine and working OK.

I did apply Malwarebytes to combat the issue, however the issue does not resolve.

Any help on this would be truoly appreciated.

Thanks,

A:Mouse stopped working in the middle of working, i.e. eBay, typing word, etc.

Did you try a different mouse? If you still have the same problem with a new mouse, see if there are any drivers for the mouse from it's manufacturers web site.
Also try a Clean Boot, if that works, then add one startup item at a time till the mouse acts weird again, then you know that is the problematic program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-stopped-working-in-the-middle-of-working-i-e-ebay-typing-word-etc-869906.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 46.44%

So one day I was using a laptop wirelessly when the internet just suddenly turned off. I checked my modem and it was working fine but when I checked my router, the lights were on but not blinking. it was just a steady light. when I checked for a wireless network the name of the network I usually use didnt show up.

I tried unplugging everything and plugging everything back in again and I tried pressing the reset button on the back of the router. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much

P.S. my router is a linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband router

A:Wireless router suddenly stopped working (Lights still working though)

what devices do you have connected the router anything else wireless
make and model of the pc

does the PC work if you connect to the router by a cable ?
if not
try connecting directly to the modem and see if that works OK

we need to see some details, which will mean you need to copy to a working PC
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-suddenly-stopped-working-lights-still-working-though.964187/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have had a rather large problem over the last couple of days It started earlier in the week when one drive stopped working Not a big problem I ve had drives fail before disks so i can handle one less for a little while i though Not so though while still waiting for my new drive using my computer like usual with less load on unit D i suddenly start getting as Disks - Volume working, RAID the but Stopped Working 5 listed are write-errors to D and the Intel Matrix Storage Console RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working lists it as Stopped Working instead of Degraded Nothing changed RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working except for the status of the Volume all the disks read the same as before fully functional I have very little experience with these sort of matters This is the first time I ve lost a drive where i might lose data as well and i have pretty much no idea where to go from here I ve tried to replace the faulty disk with another GB drive but the RAID-setup in BIOS just tells me there isn t enough space and the Console in Windows places the new drive as a Non-RAID drive I can mark it as reserve but that seems to be all i can do with it I m not hopefully asking for miracles I have just two things that i really need to retrieve from the Volume my Firefox sessions saved in a separate folder at the root of the drive and my Thunderbird mail stored in their standard location as my whole Windows-profile is on that drive Everything else i can get again Well not really i have stuff stored up from - years back from people who has withdrawn from the net and taken everything with them or died Old stuff that is no longer available on the net and so on But i could live with that loss It would be hard but i could do it The mail though stretch almost the whole way to when i first started using internet back in DOS and the Firefox sessions contain close to a hundred windows in total and probably over a thousand tabs Most i will never be able to find again no matter how long or hard i search That s a pretty devastating blow The thought of loosing all that is making me nauseous Any help i can get to retrieve the data is appreciated I couldn t put into words how thankful i would be if i got it back ASUS Maximus Formula SE motherboard now x Western Digital GB Caviar Anyting else you need to know please ask Any help at all is welcome nbsp

A:RAID 5 - Disks are working, but the Volume listed as Stopped Working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/raid-5-disks-are-working-but-the-volume-listed-as-stopped-working.898682/
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay this is the weirdest problem I ve ever hard with computers Here s what happened I had a few years old Pentium D GHz processor running on Asus P VDC-X mobo PQI MHz DDR and GF GS mb PCI-E W power I updated the mobo to Asus P L-MX to support faster PCI-E cards Everything worked fine despite the processor stopped working, working suddenly old mobo mobos New ran too hot C on high use Because of the overheating I replaced the thermal paste but it New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working had no effect on the temperature I thought I used too much paste so I replaced the paste again --- Bang no video when I turn on the computer I tried taking off everything part by part but nothing worked It didn t work even when I only had processor and used the integrated graphics port Tried resetting the bios too Nothing worked so I put back the old P VDC-X and it worked like charm I thought it was logical that the problem was caused because of the mobo so I bought New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working a new one Asrock G M-S No video Did the same steps to this one too It also had integrated gfx but it didn t work either The old P VDC-X still works So I have no idea what s causing the problem Is it the CPU Mobo PSU RAM I have no speaker on my case so I can t hear any beeps but it won t start loading the OS from the hardrive and my USB mouse won t turn on Tried using a differen t monitor too The main point is why it stopped working suddenly on new mobo s but still works with the old P VDC-X Any ideas Let me know if I forgot to mention something important nbsp

A:New mobos suddenly stopped working, old mobo working

Two new motherboards tells us you made the same simple install error in both of them.
Tell us more about power supply, memory, cable.
Did you make sure the memory was correct for both new boards, and what is the memory on the old board. Would also like to know the power supply and other hard ware.
What happens with the most basic, simple install. Does everything light up?

If you used the same hard drive with the same Windows install on the two motherboards, that is the problem. Windows has detected that you have changed the motherboard and will not operate unless you reinstall Windows on the drive on each new motherboard... One install for each motherboard.
My guess is that you will be fine if you change hard drives or do reinstalls or repair installs of the Windows on the new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobos-suddenly-stopped-working-old-mobo-working.135719/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi! I am repeatedly getting the error "Internet Explorer not working" / Windows checking for solution/Last browsing closed unexpectedly , then Restore Session. I went to google to find a fix for this error .I'm being told to Press Window + W key then type in Troubleshooting in the Search box , then enter View All ,then Click IE Performance, then click Advanced etc..... The problem is that when I get to the Search box I start to type in the Troubleshooting and after one keystroke of the T, the computer automatically goes back to my desktop home page. The search engine box will not let me fix this problem. Can somebody help me ? Thanks so much! I have IE 10 and recently upgraded to the windows 8.1 from the Windows 8 about 3 weeks ago.

A:IE 10 stopped Working error / Search engine not working

Are you sure you have Windows 8.1? If you were you would have IE 11
From the Charms bar search System and verify if indeed you have Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/56526-ie-10-stopped-working-error-search-engine-not-working.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm helping a friend with her computer. Here are the 2 issues.

1) The email app in Windows 8.1 on her laptop just stopped working. She can no longer send or receive emails at all from any of her accounts. She says that she believes it has happened before maybe even a couple times a month.

2) This may or may not be related - The main email address in the app is her work email address from an old job. Whether it's related or not, she wants to undo that and have her primary email address to login or whatnot. She has since deleted all of her other email addresses from the app.

Hopefully others have had this issue and able to assist.

Thanks guys!

A:Email App not working - Also old email address for login

Welcome to Windows EightForums, iamchrisstone.

See if this will fix it:

App Troubleshooter:
Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Fix Apps in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/44013-email-app-not-working-also-old-email-address-login.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I am sending emails to my daughter and only part of them go through, the rest are being blocked by SORB, which I looked up it is some sort of spam filter. She has added me to all her safe list and still about 1 in 5 emails is recieved I get all the rest back with the following:

Reporting-MTA: dns;bay0-omc1-s2.bay0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;hotmail.com
Arrival-Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:33:24 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.7.1 65.54.246.74 has been blocked by SORBS

Can someone tell me what she might be able to do on her end to fix this so that all my emails go through

A:Solved: Email stopped by SORB

SORBS is a third party blocking blacklist independant upon the ISP's blacklist.

You need to contact SORBS here and find out to how to be removed from their list -

http://www.us.sorbs.net/

Oh yeah and I think you as the sender have to originate this request not her as the reciever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-email-stopped-by-sorb.497575/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I used to read/view pdf files in browser(Firefox or i.e.) itself directly whenever clicked on the pdf link in any website.
But from few days,whenever i click on the pdf link in website,browser asks me to SAVE the file..

how do i solve this issue ?

Windows XP Pro (x86) SP2
Foxit Reader installed
Firefox 21.0 and i.e. 8 running

regards

A:PDF stopped opening in Browser

I'd try reinstalling the PDF reader utility you're using (seems like Foxit). It's possible a system file may have changed to affect it opening. If it were me I'd uninstall foxit, reboot, then reinstall a fresh copy and see if that resolves it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pdf-stopped-opening-in-browser-697840.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am travelling internationally over the next 3 months. When I connect through the internet using hotel services, I can receive email, but can not send. I have an msn.com email address, using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Currently, I am connected to a D-Link Wireless ADSL2+ Router, and I think it may be blocking the Outgoing Server (SMPT) port 25. I have taken the action to change the port to 587. I have gotten email to send with this setting, but email can still hang up in the outbox...no pattern yet on when it hangs up and when it doesn't. Any suggestions on my actions so far or actions I should take? Thanks.

Relevancy 44.29%

I am using Windows 8 with Thunderbird version 17.03. It has been working flawlessly until today when suddenly it says it is downloading email - but it doesn't, and ultimately the downloading bar disappears. When I try clicking the "get mail" icon it doesn't even bother to try a download (like it has already completed, but nothing has downloaded - and it shows that on my host).

If I close and reopen, it tries again with the same results.

I have Comcast and also use TB for that email. It too is not downloading.

Email does appear to send. A test email went out. Oddly, it was received by one of my accounts (which I host on the same server), but not by any of the others - including comcast.

Thanks for any insight.

A:[SOLVED] Thunderbird email stopped downloading

Temporarily go to the Comcast site for Webmail. I think this article should solve the problem: The Importance of Profiles

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/solved-thunderbird-email-stopped-downloading-687874.html
Relevancy 43.86%

H I guys
We use Win10 - and IE. Google is our browser. Suddenly it doesn't browse?
When you type a word or phrase into the Google browser, it used to bring up a list of articles, and other references that addressed the word or phrase. It stopped doing that. I.E. will still present a web site if I click on a "favorite" or type in a URL - but Google stopped browsing. Any ideas?
StanC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-e-google-browser-stopped-browsing.1158878/
Relevancy 43.86%

I had to restore my machine because of a hard drive problem.

Previously, in the mail app when I clicked on a URL in an email message, a browser screen would slide in from the right and display the url. Because I have a 27" screen, it did not look bad and was very useful.

Now that I did a restore and all the associated updates. The mail app opens a "metro?" browser in another window when you click on a url in an email message. I don't like this and would like to go back to having the browser slide in from the right and share part of the screen with the mail app.

Any suggestion on how to fix this?

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/57856-mail-app-stopped-browser-sliding-right.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Help - I have just run (internet) Browser stopped. (ttt) connections Adaware SpyBot S amp D and PestPatrol and still after and rebooted My browser is (ttt) Browser (internet) connections stopped. working fine but after I leave it sit overnight the connection to the internet is somehow stopped I try to go to yahoo or any other web page and I just get that the site can not be found (ttt) Browser (internet) connections stopped. What could cause this Thanks for any help you can provide My hijackthis log is provided below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files PestPatrol PPControl exe C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exe C Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS System xl exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C WINDOWS System DllHost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sports yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http smbusiness dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http sports yahoo com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts search netscape com O - Hosts ieautosearch O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run PestPatrol Control Center C Program Files PestPatrol PPControl exe O - HKLM Run PPMemCheck C PROGRA PESTPA PPMemCheck exe O - HKLM Run CookiePatrol C PROGRA PESTPA CookiePatrol exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup ItsDeductible PopUp lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C QUICKENW bagent exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger HKLM O - DPF axscanner - http www pestscan com scanner axscanne... Read more

Relevancy 43.86%

Running Windows 7, 64bit
Outlook was woking fine until Monday the 23.
Send/Receive error message reads: "Sending reported error (0x80042109):"Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail serve. If you continue to receive this message, conntact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP)."

Checked with earthlink, my email provider, and all account settings are correct. My Outlook e-mail account also stopped working on Monday.
The only thing I can think of is that Microsoft released an update that dissabled Outlook. Has anyone else had this problm?

A:Outlook 2013 stopped receiving email on 2/23/2015

No problems here but I noticed a silent automatic upgrade on the 24th for my Office 2013. I have a Click-to-run version so it's separate from Windows Update. But I can't find any info on what was changed in that update. The last update before that was on "Patch Tuesday" the 10th, and the Office version didn't change the 24th. It's still 15.0.4693.1002 so somewhat confusing...

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/362624-outlook-2013-stopped-receiving-email-2-23-2015-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've been running a myriad of anti-malware products on my HP CompaQ CQ with custom -bit Windows Home Premium SP AMD E- Radeon GHz GB RAM GB HDD and the browsers, app click-jacker; stopped in Battling in still email dinosaur Juno offline e-mail app a form of which I've been using since the late s A click-jacker with a crap-load of adservers on their side managed to pollute all of the browsers I have here IE FF and Chrome plus the intrinsic IE or inside the Juno app I knew something was amiss when either the mouse pointer wouldn't change to a pointing hand or in Juno's case a mouseover on articles on their 'start' page didn't change color I've managed to extricate the CJ from everything except Juno between the Battling click-jacker; stopped in browsers, still in email app anti-malwares such as SAS and Malwarebytes as I speak Battling click-jacker; stopped in browsers, still in email app MSERT is giving the whole C drive the once-over and plugging whatever URLs I spot for the CJ's results into restricted sites under internet options The Juno issue persists but only for brief periods starting and stopping I can only guess that some extraneous file in the Juno folder apart from the program itself must contain the culprit's data and have to wait to see if MSERT catches it and possibly have to reinstall Juno Anything else I need to do during or after MSERT has finished dL

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/625717/battling-click-jacker;-stopped-in-browsers-still-in-email-app/
Relevancy 43.86%

Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.

Everything was fine last week but apparently they moved from POP3 to IMAP. Now, Outlook can't pull new mail from the server. Comcast says it's an Outlook problem and Microsoft wants to charge me an arm and a leg to troubleshoot.

I'm running Windows 7.

Help!

A:Outlook 2007 stopped retrieving email from Comcast

please keep to one thread on one subject.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-receiving-email-from-comcast.4068444/

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-retrieving-email-from-comcast.4068443/
Relevancy 43.86%

Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.

Everything was fine last week but apparently they moved from POP3 to IMAP. Now, Outlook can't pull new mail from the server. Comcast says it's an Outlook problem and Microsoft wants to charge me an arm and a leg to troubleshoot.

I'm running Windows 7.

Help!

A:Outlook 2007 stopped receiving email from Comcast

ChicaSasha said:

Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.Click to expand...

That's because, unlike the POP protocol, IMAP syncs with third-party mail clients. Translation: When you access your Outlook.com inbox on, say, your desktop e-mail client, any messages you read, send, reply to, or delete get synced back to your account. It's a much more practical way to deal with e-mail.

I do not use MS antiquated email program, however, there is 'free' help from MS to fix the matter, you just need to find it.

Try this linky

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-receiving-email-from-comcast.4068444/
Relevancy 43.43%

My usb gamepad stopped working suddenly and never work again in this computer

I tried the gamepad in other computers and it works good, but not in this computer, I tried to reinstall windows several times, install all kind of drivers, I tried to configure it in different ways and its not working yet.

I get error code 43 all time in this computer.

any idea how can I fix it?

Thank you

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60693-usb-gamepad-stopped-working-not-working-any-more.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have used "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) listing my ACDC file viewer. I listedACDC because after it completes normally each time, there is an error message that says "Application has stopped working." I no longer want to see this error message.I use ACDC 7 for viewing and editing graphic files, here with this Windows 7 (64) system.

I usually select files with Windows Explorer, and they open using ACDC.

When I close the last file viewed, I get this error message that says "ACDSee 7.0 Application has stopped working"Installations of this ACDC on other Windows 7 computers do not have this issue. So I need to resolve it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a0063f4-dcb4-41ea-bc25-ca31ca73058d/dep-not-working-after-program-ends-normally-error-message-still-says-quotapplication-has-stopped?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 43.43%

im getting lots of errors.
Windows Operating System
ID: 8033
Source: BROWSER
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BROWSER_ELECTION_SENT_LANMAN_NT_STOPPED
Message: The browser has forced an election on network %1 because a master browser was stopped.

Explanation
The network must have a master browser.

User Action
No user action is needed.

Version: 5.0
Component: System Event Log
Symbolic Name: EVENT_BROWSER_ELECTION_SENT_LANMAN_NT_STOPPED
and

Windows Operating System
ID: 1002
Source: Dhcp
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: EVENT_NACK_LEASE
Message: The IP address lease %1 for the Network Card with network address %2 has been denied by the DHCP server %3 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

it seems like when i get this error i get kicked out of the internet.????? please help

A:even browser 8033 lanman stopped error

System manufacturer and model?

Wireless or wired connection?

Are you using a router?

How many systems are on this LAN?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346433/even-browser-8033-lanman-stopped-error/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there became aware that I hadn t done a sweep of my laptop for a while and whilst running Spybot S D it stopped at virtumonde Virtumonde.dll Log HJT at Spybot Browser redirecting, - S&D stopped dll I updated the signatures with Spybot and the HJT Log - Browser redirecting, Spybot S&D stopped at Virtumonde.dll same happened HJT Log - Browser redirecting, Spybot S&D stopped at Virtumonde.dll My browser occasionally redirects and Firefox as well as other apps HJT Log - Browser redirecting, Spybot S&D stopped at Virtumonde.dll have been crashing regularly I have ESET NOD anti-virus protection and that has brought up no virus so I can only assume it is something to do with malware Here is my HJT this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT SP MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C Windows system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C Windows system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Persistence C Windows system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exe O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Global Startup ICON USB Connect lnk C Program Files Orange ICON USB Connect ICON USB Connect exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Skype - BF - - EC - -D B E B - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C ... Read more

A:HJT Log - Browser redirecting, Spybot S&D stopped at Virtumonde.dll

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-browser-redirecting-spybot-s-d-stopped-at-virtumonde-dll.855341/
Relevancy 43.43%

Edge browser is not working in windows phone 10 build 14371
It just not starting
and waiting for facebook and messenger official app

A:Edge browser is not working in Windows phone 10 build 14371, how can I get it working?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Edge browser is not working in windows phone 10 build 14371
It just not starting
and waiting for facebook and messenger official app new build has been released, try that 14372
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/429306-edge-browser-not-working-windows-phone-10-build-14371-how-can-i-get-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I am SSL stopped have 7- via been receiving a on Update? email it could POP3 Windows Outlook Win running Office on Windows RTM for a couple of months without problem Suddenly Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Outlook generate errors whenever it tries to read email from my Yahoo account POP server Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Yahoo uses SSL for both POP and SMTP server connections Whenever the Outlook error appears I also get an error in the Windows Application log-Outlook error-Task quot rjo - Receiving quot reported error x CCC F quot The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or the Internet Sservice provider ISP quot App log error- XML view - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Schannel quot Guid quot F - - - FDC-C FF F C quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt OtterPC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot AlertDesc quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt On the day that the last message was received Outlook still worked I got a boatload of Windows updates I did a system restore to when it worked but no success I did everything in the various KB articles to troubleshoot new profile with new data file - no luck My WinXP boot partition on the same machine works fine with its Outlook install I tried tuning off the Win firewall Any ideas

A:Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update?

I'm sure you know yahoo requires a plus account paid subcription for email clients since yahoo was working on your previous operating system. Also if it's of any to use you this link has the yahoo plus client settings.  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06a311ad-a43a-4148-84c0-9564870d2f63/outlook-stopped-receiving-pop3-email-via-ssl-on-win-7-could-it-have-been-a-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 43%

Hi I've ran into some problems after installing my friend's pirated Adobe software on my new desktop resulting in my internet browser Firefox amp Internet Explorer to work but NEVER load ANY site Specifically the browsers will work again when I restart my desktop However as time progresses the number of sites these browsers can access decreases significantly For example though in first min it will load home page and say newgrounds com after min only loads home page another min loads nothing The browsers display the fact that they're trying to connect to the website forever working internet with Browser NOT [SOLVED] connection working (Hijacked) I also noticed that if the certain applications such as windows media utorrent and other adobe softwares are turned on It takes less time [SOLVED] (Hijacked) Browser NOT working with working internet connection for the browsers to stop working Most often this is an immediate effect If you're wonder how I'm able to post this message it's with the help of my laptop currently free of infections I'm positive the internet connection is working since my laptop uses the same connection The network is set by one modem connected to one [SOLVED] (Hijacked) Browser NOT working with working internet connection router connected to one switch which then connects to my laptop and desktop While my laptop loads fine my desktop doesn't Less often than the browser occurance are other problems such as rundll stopped working explorer exe not working mouse buttons misbehaving keyboards typing funny things My anti-virus ESET NOD has picked up these when installing Win Adware Virtumonde application a variant of Win Adware Virtumonde NAE application My anti-spyware HeatFire Pro has picked up these too C Windows System kkwlxhwg ini C HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run d ca c C Windows System gwhxlwkk dll repeated couple times Many others I've deleted these files since their locations are provided However the warning has came out again sometimes Whether these file have been regenerated in other directories I can't confirm Thank you for your help I really appreciate it Thanks Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Div on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows Vista Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows System csrss exe C Windows System wininit exe C Windows System csrss exe C Windows System services exe C Windows System lsass exe C Windows System lsm exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System nvvsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System winlogon exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System SLsvc exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System wisptis exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System dwm exe C Windows System wisptis exe C Windows explorer exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System UI Detect exe C Windows System taskeng exe C Users Div Desktop dss exe C Windows System wbem WmiPrvSE exe C Windows System VSSVC exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System conime exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Inte... Read more

A:[SOLVED] (Hijacked) Browser NOT working with working internet connection

Bump!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/solved-hijacked-browser-not-working-with-working-internet-connection-270892.html
Relevancy 43%

Vista Ultimate -bit ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard USB mouse and keyboard connected in back ports Two things Back ports working, partially ethernet) working front ports stopped (USB, happened Avira antivirus warned me of some threats which I either ignored or deleted Windows Update Back ports (USB, ethernet) stopped working, front ports partially working had some updates ready although I m not sure if it updated I turned off my PC for a couple of hours turned it back on and realized that my USB keyboard was not working on the password screen I eventually unplugged it from the back and plugged it into the front where it worked However my USB mouse did not work when plugged into the second front port nor did it work when plugged into the front port in which the keyboard worked I accessed System Restore using my keyboard and restored to one day previously When it finished both keyboard and mouse worked although I got a pop-up message alerting me that the quot drivers for your device could not be installed quot When I clicked quot OK quot the mouse stopped working again I have checked BIOS and both mouse and keyboard are recognized so it does not appear to be a hardware issue nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/back-ports-usb-ethernet-stopped-working-front-ports-partially-working.950262/
Relevancy 43%

Hi.
I am using these three browsers:
1. IE8.
2. Mozilla Firefox 35.
3. Yandex Browser (latest to this date), which is made on Chromium engine.
The problem:
So, I've uninstalled my Avira Personal and installed Ashampoo anti-virus... and my Yandex Browser stopped displaying pages, completely any. Is this an application conflict? Does someone have had the same one issue?

Please help. You can contact Ashampoo SIS by that and post their description at here.
Many thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564821/yandex-browser-stopped-displaying-pages-no-reason/
Relevancy 43%

i am not able to access the internet through the browsers.
can anybody tell me how to proceed further

A:browser stopped loading pages after running malwarebytes

i also created a batch file to reset the tcpip ,winsock

though i done so many things nothing works

https://malwaretips.com/threads/browser-stopped-loading-pages-after-running-malwarebytes.58021/
Relevancy 43%

chrome stopped loading browser chrome sites hijacking and stopped loading any pages IE and firefox would but were apparently hijacked ran combofix despite warnings attached is the log please advise if necessary ComboFix - - - Admin - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Admin Desktop ComboFix exeAV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Other Deletions c documents and settings Admin Recent Thumbs dbc windows system chrome stopped loading sites and browser hijacking Cachec windows system drivers fad sysc windows system Thumbs dbInfected copy of c windows system drivers viaagp sys was found and disinfected Restored copy from - Kitty had a snack Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data TEMP - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files SpywareBlaster - - - - ----a-w- c program files Mozilla Firefox plugins npdeployJava dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system deployJava dll Find M Report Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer URLSearchHooks quot A BC A - F - -AA - D C quot quot c program files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid a bc a - f - -aa - d c HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser Helper Objects A BC A - F - -AA - D C - - ----a-w- c program files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar quot CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD quot quot c program files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar Webbrowser quot CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD quot quot c program files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll quot - - HKEY CLASSES ROOT clsid ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot Google Update quot quot c documents and settings Admin Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ATIPTA quot quot c program files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot - - quot DVDLauncher quot quot c program files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot - - quot HPDJ Taskbar Utility quot quot c windows system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe quot - - quot HPHUPD quot quot c program files HP AAC FC - F - - DD -EBC C D hphupd exe quot - - quot HP Component Manager quot quot c program files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot - - quot HPHmon quot quot c windows system hphmon exe quot - - quot Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon quot quot c program files HP HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe quot - - quot Acrobat Assistant quot quot c program files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot - - quot HP Software Update quot quot c program files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot - - quot Adobe Version Cue CS quot quot c program files Adobe Adobe Version Cue CS ControlPanel VersionCueCS Tray exe quot - - quot ISUSPM Startup quot quot c program files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot - - quot ISUSScheduler quot quot c program files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot - - quot TkBellExe quot quot c program files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot - - quot Symantec PIF AlertEng quot quot c program files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot - - quot StartCCC quot quot c program files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot - - quot MaxMenuMgr quot quot c program files Seagate SeagateManager FreeAgent Status StxMenuMgr exe quot - - quot AVG TRAY quot quot c progra AVG AVG avgtray exe quot - - quot QuickTime Task quot quot c program files QuickTime qttask exe quot - - quot iTunesHelper quot quot c program files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot c program files Common Files Java Java ... Read more

A:chrome stopped loading sites and browser hijacking

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3.let me know of any problems you may have had[/list]Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353898/chrome-stopped-loading-sites-and-browser-hijacking/
Relevancy 43%

A couple days ago Google Chrome kept redirecting pages to random ads The cause was Yousearch me I unninstalled it from the Control Panel and unninstalled and reinstalled both Chrome and Firefox but since then I cannot use either browser normally Chrome will not open anymore I only get a white window with no now hijacking, browsers but stopped, which all browser crash Initial :( url bar and Firefox although opens often crashes Whenever I open Firefox I also get a Malwareabytes warning on the page It says that during the last scan infections that caused system changes were detected But the thing is when I last ran Malwareabytes Anti-Malware it detected nothing I also ran other anti-virus anti-spyware suites and the results were AVG - found nothing Malwareabytes - nothing Kaspersky's TDSS killer - nothing Norton Power Eraser - nothing IObit Malware Fighter - nothing HitmanPro - nothing Spybot - moved files to quarantine HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer RecentDocs Internet Explorer User Thatiana Cookies Firefox Thatiana default Cookies Internet Explorer User Thatiana Cache Internet Explorer User Thatiana History GridinSoft Anti-Malware - found Adware RPL Gen bot SpyHunter - found Malware Generic A Rogue Spy Protector Rogue Thinkpoint Zlob Trojan Adware Freeven Adware HQ-Video Adware Pricemeter Unfortunately those last two programs scan for free but have to be paid to remove malware and I don't have the money I've also uninstalled SpyHunter because the scanns were just so invasive Here is the FRST log and thanks a lot for helping Resultado do exame da Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Vers o - - Executado por Thatiana administrador em PC - - Executando a partir de C Users Thatiana Downloads Perfis Carregados Thatiana Perfis Dispon veis Initial browser hijacking, which stopped, but now all browsers crash :( Thatiana Platform Windows Home Single Language Vers o X Idioma Portugu s Brasil Internet Explorer Vers o Navegador padr o Chrome Modo da Inicializa o Normal Tutorial da Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processos Whitelisted Se uma entrada for inclu da na fixlist o processo ser fechado O arquivo n o ser movido NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe GAS Tecnologia C Program Files x GbPlugin GbpSv exe NVIDIA Corporation C Initial browser hijacking, which stopped, but now all browsers crash :( Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkAudioService exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgwdsvcx exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCore exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Framework Common avgsvca exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG Av avgidsagent exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files DigitalPersona Bin DpHostW exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel CAM bin CAMService exe ELAN Microelectronics Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth ibtsiva exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Windows SysWOW irstrtsv exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit mbae-svc exe IObit C Program Files x IObit LiveUpdate LiveUpdate exe Microsoft Corporation C ProgramData SOLIDWORKS Electrical MSSQL TEW SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server... Read more

A:Initial browser hijacking, which stopped, but now all browsers crash :(

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. 
start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
Winlogon\Notify\igfxcui: igfxdev.dll [X]
Winlogon\Notify\SDWinLogon-x32: SDWinLogon.dll [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-969318671-2688095699-17362735-1003\...\Run: [AVG-Secure-Search-Update_0615piz] => C:\ProgramData\Avg_Update_0615piz\AVG-Secure-Search-Update_0615piz.exe [2779024 2015-11-03] ()
FF Homepage: hxxps://www.malwarebytes.org/restorebrowser//?type=hp&ts=1454018072&z=2aadc9343a3ef9320de64ecgfzewczaeag8bfe5m7o&from=exp1&uid=liteonitxlcs-128m6sx2x5x7mmx128gb_tw032gyj5508539h6850
S3 PCDSRVC{3B54B31B-D06B6431-06020200}_0; \??\c:\program files\dell\supportassist\pcdsrvc_x64.pkms [X]

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Remove Chrome completely.Backup Chrome BookmarksHow to Export Bookmarks from Chrome: 8 Steps (with Pictures)NEXT - Open ChromeOpen your Google Dashboard. https://www.google.com/settings/dashboardMake sure you are signed in to your Google Account.Click Stop and Clear to stop syncing and clear all of your synced data.Click OK.NEXT Uninstall Chrome completelyNow delete the profile folder as well:(type %appdata% into the search box to open the folder)C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default << right click and delete all the contents of this folderNote: AppData is a hidden folder, so you will need to show hidden files and folders.Unhide files/folders Windows 7, 8, 10.How To:http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/Now re-install Chrome and let me know how it goes.Uninstall Google Chrome Completely from your Computer (Windows 7, XP or OSX)https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2390059?hl=en<<<>>>Do the same for Firefox.REMOVE FIREFOXRemove Firefox using the instructions one this page.https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/uninstall-firefox-from-your-computerBefore proceeding save your Bookmarks.https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/export-firefox-bookmarks-to-backup-or-transferInstall the latest version of the application.You can then import them to the new version of Firefox.Firefox Password manager -Remember, delete and change saved passwords in Firefoxhttps://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/password-manager-remember-delete-change-passwords<<<>>>Pleae post the Fixlog.txt and include the Addition.txt file that was created by the Farbar tool.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604154/initial-browser-hijacking-which-stopped-but-now-all-browsers-crash/
Relevancy 42.57%

WHAT COMPUTER SYSTEM AM I USING?:
Windows Vista Home Premium with 64-bit Operating System.WHEN DID THINGS GO WRONG?:
around the 1st October 2009.WHAT IS NOT WORKING?:
my latest 32-bit version of Mozilla Firefox when connected to the internet.my latest 32-bit version of Internet Explorer when connected to the internet.my latest 32-bit version of Opera when connected to the internet.my Skype.WHAT IS WORKING?:
my latest 32-bit version of Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera when viewing a web page that is on my computer (html pages which I have made for example).my 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.my internet connection.here are pictures of what happens when these applications are not working:

Mozilla Firefox

Internet Explorer

Opera

please help me find a way of sorting out this problem.
many thanks.

A:My 32-bit browsers and Skype are not working online but My 64-bit browser is working

only 64 bit browsers wiil work with 64 bit Operating sysytems....

Each of those you listed have 64 bit versions

Set up IE 8 first and get it connected to the net by going to Tool/options...hit the connections tab and fill it in.

When you install the others after fixing up IE... it will copy the connection information from IE and set up automatically.

Personally, I would stick to having just one browser...most of them do pretty much the same thing these days

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/250929-my-32-bit-browsers-skype-not-working-online-but-my-64-bit-browser-working.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone I'm afraid I am having some constant "Display browser crashes stopped responding" & Driver rather depressing problems with "Display Driver stopped responding" & constant browser crashes my laptop Last week I had installed some bits and bobs and a couple of new software packages for my new GoPro camera Not long after I had a few video card crashes Figuring it was something to do with the software or drivers that had been installed I uninstalled the new software and rolled back my video card driver This didn't help so I updated drivers to new and I still got some periodic crashes I decided to reformat and start again Backed everything up and was up and running again a few hours later It was all good for about half an hour and then the same problem persisted random video card crashes which produced the error Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered "Display Driver stopped responding" & constant browser crashes as well as Firefox keeps crashing pretty consistently I've tried IE as well and both "Display Driver stopped responding" & constant browser crashes IE amp Firefox crashes persistently and frequently So with Firefox crashing every minutes and the video card crashing every minutes I m beginning to think something is seriously wrong I just don t understand what could have happened there has not been any damage to the laptop but as a clean install didn't fix my problems am I to presume that there is something wrong inside It is probably worth mentioning a couple of other anomalies which are occurring Firstly sometime I get random weird lines randomly on the screen mainly around the edges of menus or toolbars Sometimes black lines appear on the screen or other weird stuff I ve attached a couple of examples of issues These are most likely related to a video card fault I fear Also when I do manage to get a browser open for more than minutes and I try to download various files I very often get an error when trying to open the file can t remember the exact error but Google told me corrupt or incomplete download this problem is random and only sometimes happens I m willing to take any suggestions Any advice would be greatly appreciated on anything I could do to try and remedy the situation Thanks Luke

A:"Display Driver stopped responding" & constant browser crashes

Is it stable in Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547387/display-driver-stopped-responding-constant-browser-crashes/
Relevancy 42.14%

Had the phone for months and everything worked until this morning (October 3). Now it won't sync to any of my email accounts, BT, Breathe and GMail. They all sync fine on my other devices (Android and Windows 7 laptop. Something has happened to Windows 10 mobile or Outlook mobile overnight. I checked for updates and rebooted and checked all settings - all ok. I've downloaded an alternative mail app (My My Mail) and that syncs fine. Although has much less functionality it'll do until MS fix this glitch?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441479-email-syncing-has-stopped-today-outlook-lumia-950-all-settings-checked-appear-normal-why.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Some person I know is a total computer-newbie and they installed DSL yesterday.

It was working fine until today.

In like 10 minutes I'm about to go to their house which is like.. what.. 40 minutes away? They use Windows 2000 Professional (No service packs, since they don't know about it), hmm..
That's about all I know about this.

Some help would be appreciated if at all, since I never used DSL before or know what it is.. I know it stands for Digital Subscriber Line though..

A:DSL stopped working

if they are using a router reset it if just a modem reset it if no reset button on the modem pull the power plug to reset and reboot the computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-stopped-working.165755/
Relevancy 42.14%

When i try to open some aplications i get this message
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

but it never is. please help me !!

A:___ has stopped working

Quote: Originally Posted by neverletyougo

When i try to open some aplications i get this message
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

but it never is. please help me !!

How about your system specs and what application are not responding? My crystal ball is in for repairs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/207484-___-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there i ve looked everywhere online for a similar error but to be honest I am unsure of what I am looking for so I have decided to post on here Everytime I try to open a file working? has Av.exe stopped or program - mostly Internet Explorer I keep getting an error message that says ave exe has stopped working A problem Av.exe has stopped working? caused the program to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available Basically it won t let me open anything unless I run as administrator Now about months ago my computer was hit with that fake security virus which goes by the name av exe I managed to get rid of that by messing around in the registry I m Av.exe has stopped working? not sure if this is a variant of the av exe virus as i ve not had any fake security pop-ups like Av.exe has stopped working? I did last time so i m not entirely sure what I should be removing from my computer or if this could just be a problem with vista Any suggestions or help on how I could get rid of this problem Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi working! stopped IE I have Windows XP Pro and IE This setup was working before but now I am not able IE stopped working! to load any webpages Here is the message I get if I go to any website I have tried to follow the instructions in the message but to no avail Any suggestions help would be appreciated At the bottom of the message it says quot Cannot find server or DNS error quot I was able to manually ping from the command prompt and then use this address in my browser and then it worked However I don t know why the browser no longer talks to the DNS directly Thanks ------ The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties or you may need to adjust your browser settings -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following Click the Refresh button or try again later If you typed the page address in the Address bar make sure that it is spelled correctly To check your connection settings click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options On the Connections tab click Settings The settings should match those provided by your local area network LAN administrator or Internet service provider ISP If your Network Administrator has enabled it Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings If you would like Windows to try and discover them click Detect Network Settings Some sites require -bit connection security Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed If you are trying to reach a secure site make sure your Security settings can support it Click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options On the Advanced tab scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL SSL TLS PCT Click the Back button to try another link Cannot find server or DNS Error Internet Explorer nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My Pioneer DVD RW 103 has stopped working. The green flashing light gives way to the yellow flashing light which is where it stays. I have heard that running a 4X CD on the drive will damage it. Is this true? If so Do I have to buy a new drive?

I am running XP professional

A:DVD stopped working

You don't give much information....have you tried more than one CD/DVD? Is this happening during the burn process or just trying to read it?

Could you just have a bad disk? disk upside down (don't laugh, I've see it happen), dirty disks?

MBN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-stopped-working.207173/
Relevancy 42.14%

i need help diagnosing whats wrong with ny PC.

no bios screen on startup, no display at all, no beeps either
when i poer the PC, the CPU and GPU fans where spinnning but the LED for the power button is not lit.
recently, 1 RAM module failed and it was removed so RAM 2GB now, down from 4GB DDR3 1333

A:PC Stopped working

uhhh something else burned when the RAM failed are you sure the rest of the RAM is good maybe are they in the b slots instead of the a slots ??? anyway when RAM fails the symptoms are exactly as described and since you know one failed another may be bad as well ....how did you determine which stick was the bad one any chance you took the good one out and left a bad one ????
Take all the sticks out put one in and power up one at a time if nothing with any then something is fried if it comes on with one of the sticks but not others then you found which were bad and proved your system is still good

hope you find a bad stick and not a fried mother board

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/92579-pc-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hl2.exe has stopped working on all my steam games which kind of sucks help!
All i remember doing when this happened was using windows update because it was broken and i fixed it and downloaded about 42 updates. i tried to do a system restore and it didnt work. i think it is a firewall or something blocking it if you know anything about it please help + video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1reMl9OvSw

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/264036-hl2-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello Forum nbsp I have bought a Lenovo Z - in january and since last weeks it seems the fan is not working since the stopped working Z50-75 fan laptop is overheating nbsp up to around C before it shuts down I've installed Speedfan to check the temperatures but speedfan can not find the fan nbsp There is also no airflow coming from the side days ago i opened my laptop because it seemed like the speakers were torn When i opened it and checked them there Z50-75 fan stopped working were a load of tiny balls magnetically attached to the speakers which has led me to think they could be the ball bearings from the fan Does that make any sense nbsp Im trying to find out if it's the fan itself or if it is a software mobo problem I've updated my BIOS to the latest version and downloaded the Lenovo Solution Center but without any luck nbsp Is anyone familiair with this problem or does anyone have some ideas what else I might try nbsp Kind regards Robbert

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-75-fan-stopped-working/td-p/3344362
Relevancy 42.14%

My parents PC is causing some mischief recently. Suddenly their LG CD-RW (bought in about 2002) has decided not to play nice. What happens:

Open tray
Put in disc (audio/data/blank)
Close tray
Drive spins, read light flickers
Tray opens

I can't get it to read/work properly. I flicked through device manager and everything looks normal. Opened up the box and double check all cables (gave everything a bit of a clean while I was in there). Is it just a case of a drive getting old and dying or is there a fix for such a problem?

Thanx for your help in advance!

Relevancy 42.14%

When I try to play an *.mpg file in Win Media Player I get a small message at the bottom of the screen saying that it is trying to locate a codec server. If I am off line at the time then that is the end of it, but of course the *.mpg file never plays. If I am on line it seems to find some sort of site, then the word ""Error"" flashes by and the file begins, but it is only sound.........no picture at all.
This just occured a few minutes ago........(rebooting didn't help) prior to that, I had no trouble playing these files.
HELP

and
Thanks

A:*.mpg Stopped Working

WElcome to BC JXBlack!First a few questions :You mean Windows Media Player? which version?Which Windows do you have XP?Home?As a first step please download Gspot here Install and via the browse button left top go to the file and click render. If possible post a screenshot of what you get with Gspot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76577/mpg-stopped-working/
Relevancy 42.14%

I decided to restart my computer and now all it does when i turn it on it shuts off and on and does not let me do anything. The only thing it says is welcome and then 64% then it turns off and does it again and again and again. This computer is bearly a month old and nothing has happened to it for this to happen. I dont know what to do ? Please help~Thank You

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/It-stopped-working/td-p/5846365
Relevancy 42.14%

Need help here,

I've installed Win XP pro with no service packs onto a machine that had Win XP home SP2 (because they lost the recovery disks), now none of the usb 2.0 ports work. I remembered that SP2 has the drivers for usb 2.0 after I'd installed it. Can't download SP2 either.

Tried updating the USB driver and am told i'm missing file usbehci.sys

Looked everywhere on the net for it and ended up in survey hungry sites that that don't deliver drivers as promised.

Any ideas???

A:USB stopped working

marcfell27 said:

Can't download SP2 either.Click to expand...

You tried here didn`t you ? - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

You can order it on CD too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stopped-working.47570/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello everyone This is my very first post so I am sorry for any mistake I have a bothering problem My VPN which VPN stopped working I configured through the quot Settings quot page of Windows stopped working It happened already yesterday then I restored the system to a previous point and then it worked again Now it has just stopped once more When I try to connect to VPN stopped working my configured VPN the writing quot Verifying access information quot hangs on then nothing and then a red writing like quot Unable to establish a connection with remote computer The port used for connection has been closed quot appears more or less this considering I have VPN stopped working it in my own Language Then even if I configure another VPN exactly the same thing happens Can it be something corrupted It would be very strange considering it happened also yesterday and in both cases I was doing really nothing it just stopped working Any idea Thank you very much P S I have already done network reset and uninstalled and reinstalled network adapters The only thing that worked even if just for a while was restoring the system to a previous point

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68187-vpn-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

As stated in my post of today, built-in DVD player player stopped working.  Would like to add that DVD/ CD Drives Properties analysis under "genral" tab states that device is working properly.  Please advise.

A:CD Rom stopped working

DVD player has without warning stopped working, rejects all CD from player slot.  Although  recent upgrade to Windows 10may have affected  player (which I am exploring with them to correct if needed) I do have VLC media player installed which should be an adeqaute substitute. Possible mechanical problem with player? Please advise. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/CD-Rom-stopped-working/td-p/5588717
Relevancy 42.14%

I keep losing connection with Internet explorer. First I get "Internet Explorer has Stopped working" followed shortly by "Shut Down Program. Microsoft will try to find out why IE has stopped working" but about half the time IE re-starts on its own. Help!

A:IE has Stopped Working

I have been having the same problem. OS,Vista IE 8. I get a message Microsoft is searching for solution but never given a solution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-has-stopped-working-411926.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When I click the Internet icon, a message appears saying IE 7 has stopped working, and then will only allow me to close the program. It does give me the following details:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18294
Application Timestamp: 4a6199f8
Fault Module Name: StackHash_a615
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a7a6
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000b015d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a615
Additional Information 2: 1cd9bf0a71ad5ffdc243421c221689df
Additional Information 3: 584c
Additional Information 4: aa92ac964e2bf50a96826326597649bb

Please help.

By the way: this problemis NOT on my regular laptop, rather a VISTA machine.

A:IE 7 has stopped working

Try opening the IE without the addons.
Start->programs-.accessories->System tools->IE(No addons).
If it works fine then removed all the addons.
(**,)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-has-stopped-working-421195.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a brand new toshiba laptop model satellite P605-s8823.it 200gb hhd and 3 gig sdram amd turion x2duall core mobile processor rm-70. i dont know if any of that is relevent, but i keep getting this box popping up that says "En-us has stopped working" I havno idea what it is or what it means.Please help. and sorry for anytypig errors and spacing errors my space key dosent work very well.

A:En-us has stopped working

From the web, this message appears to be related to a program that is running at startup called, TOSCDSPD.exe.

"CD/DVD Drive Acoustic Silencer
From CastleCopsWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Software supplied by Toshiba to acoustically silence noise vibration from the laptop's CD player due to poorly balanced CD's. The program slows the CD player to reduce the vibration generated noise.

The program may be run all the time, or started when needed. The program runs automatically at startup in the default installation from Toshiba"

More info on it

I'm not sure what would cause the message, but the program is considered non essential.

You can stop it from running by doing
Start > Run > MSCONFIG
and UNselecting the entry for that app.
(most likely looks like C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.EXE)

Reboot. You will get a warning screen about making the change. Select the Don't Show Me Again option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/en-us-has-stopped-working.757624/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey All

The other day everything was running perfect, i took a phone call and when I came back my mouse wasnt working. Ok, so i rebooted. Still nothing, so I switched to another USB port, still nothing, then i tried my USB memory stick even that wouldn't recognize. So i tried all of my USB ports and still nothing.

Since then i have tried

- restoring to a few days ago
- took the whole rig apart
- tried a new PSU
- reset my CMOS
- took my battery out of my MB for 12 hours

Seriously everything. In my device Manager I have a Unknown Device that will nt update or even tell me what the hell it is, but I have NOTHING plugged into a USB port on my comp. I'm so lost anyone have any more ideas??

A:All my USB's stopped working!

Quote: Originally Posted by JSGTPD

Hey All

The other day everything was running perfect, i took a phone call and when I came back my mouse wasnt working. Ok, so i rebooted. Still nothing, so I switched to another USB port, still nothing, then i tried my USB memory stick even that wouldn't recognize. So i tried all of my USB ports and still nothing.

Since then i have tried

- restoring to a few days ago
- took the whole rig apart
- tried a new PSU
- reset my CMOS
- took my battery out of my MB for 12 hours

Seriously everything. In my device Manager I have a Unknown Device that will nt update or even tell me what the hell it is, but I have NOTHING plugged into a USB port on my comp. I'm so lost anyone have any more ideas??

JS

thats a bi**H. I can help you with the unknown device. if you go into device manager and right click the unknown go to properties>details>use the pull down to show hardware id's take the id string and drop it into google. It will tell you what the device is. hardware ID's are unique

Let us know if that doesnt help

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42717-all-my-usbs-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Sir ! My all .exe has stopped working how to fix pls help me

A:.exe stopped working !

Are you stating that you can't open any of your .exe files?

Does this computer boot into Windows at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596960/exe-stopped-working/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone,

One of our work machines has decided it doesn't want to use RDP. I was just going to do system restore but there are no restore points (guess I'll have to check that too).
Anyway I have tried updating RDP from the microsoft site but I get the message that the KB has already been installed. Am I able to just download the mstsc.exe file from microsoft?
Also I have tried copying my mstsc.exe file to the machine and it hasn't worked.
From the machine you can RDP out just fine. Another point to mention is that remoting to the machine with the firewall up or down is no good but I can make a connection view Teamviewer.

Any idea's?

Sean

A:RDP has stopped working

Ah yes, this is more the place for this post of my.

Thanks Moderator(s).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/346505-rdp-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello The USB s stopped working on my PC I recently purchased it about a month ago and I think something was installed or was added to the computer because it stopped working all of a sudden This is the CPU I own http www amazon com gp product B G ZTI and the details are listed below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card LogMeIn Mirror Driver Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN AB working USB's of stopped the All Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled -The Antivirus listed and Graphics card is incorrect above btw but I dont think its related to the problem anyway System Restore did not work CPU did not come with Drivers CD or a Windows CD for that matter The computer website does not show any USB Drivers for download http h www hp com ewfrf wc en amp cc us amp dlc en amp sw lang amp product N Any idea I m really out of ideas and I would really appreciate any help Edit A couple of the working USB aren t anymore it seems also as it tells me that it can perform faster if a USB is inputed nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

hey i have a built in mic in my laptop and it stopped working i think it because i deleted real tek by acciedent but i just wanted to make sure so i came here to ask some more professional help my laptop is a acer and it runs on vista

A:my mic has stopped working

If you - right click My Computer, go to Properties, click on Hardware tab, click on Device Manager, and in the Device Manager window see if there are any Yellow question marks there saying what drivers are missing this will tell you if the driver is as you suspect has been deleted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mic-has-stopped-working.845985/
Relevancy 42.14%

First off,hello and thank you for your time.

Almost all of my games I try to play keep crashing into " .exe stopped working". I can run them, but about 10 minute mark (most of the time even sooner), they just crash and say that. I tried reinstalling them, different games and almost all of them do that. In some cases I just get to the menu and when I start playing they just drop. Even those that didn't do that before, I have been playing them for about a hour for example and now I can't do that. I just don't know what to do.

Thanks for any advice.

A:.exe stopped working

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Are all of your drivers fully up-to-date? Including the video driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/exe-stopped-working-922122.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Good Day

Last night I started to get a pop-up window saying "DWM.Exe has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you when if a solution is available"

I did an internet search for the problem and besides sites telling me to buy their fixer programme, the only sensible advice was to restore the computer to the last restore point date.

Is this an acceptable and permanent solution and is it the only solution. Will it fix the root cause of this problem?

Running Win7 64 Bit.

Thanks

MikeBac

A:DWM.EXE Stopped Working

It will be the same thing as shown here:

What is dwm.exe And Why Is It Running?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dwm-exe-stopped-working-945634.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently (about a week or two ago), my computer began to give me random messages saying that Internet Explorer has 'stopped working', even though at the time I was either using firefox, or wasn't dealing with the internet at all.
Now the problem has escalated, with the error message popping up about 30 seconds to 1 minute after I close it.

Summary: I'm not using IE, but it's still giving me crash messages.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-has-stopped-working-while-not-in-use-415588.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've been using this website for years.when trying to open this webpage which normally opened in ie-7 it won?t open now in ie-8. Ie -8 stopped working & shuts down when requested.the website has a [not verified] axis media control emb class installed in order to view the webcam properly.
Help!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-8-stopped-working-399905.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My CD Rom isn't working. My computer recognizes its in but it doesn't load up and it doesn't play. Someone told me that it may be a motherboard problem. Can this be true.