Windows Support Forum

Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

Q: Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

Hi! I have a wired Ethernet connection between a PC and a Mac (is that the issue?), and when locally hosted servers (on PC) are hosted, I get issues, but mainly issues binding to ports. Is the issue that I am not using a router or something like that?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/47561-bind-server-port-private-network-connection-no-router.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bind server to port on a private network connection (no router)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 79.55%

I've got a friend that approached me earlier today with the idea of running his own private wow server. While I know this is feasible, though maybe not with the hardware he is running, we are at a disagreement on whether or not it is possible for him to forward ports specifically for his computer and leave the rest of his household electronics unaffected by the security lapse inherent in doing so. Is it possible to forward ports for certain computers on a network and keep them closed for others?

A:Question about port forwarding for a private wow server

Yes, When you forward a port in a router you have to specify the IP address of the PC that the port is forward to. This doesn't mean that once someone gets in through the WoW server port they cant try to access other things.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272743-question-about-port-forwarding-private-wow-server.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

When I try to connect to my own server (Nginx) and Web site with my private and public static IP addresses I receive a message telling me that the waiting time is exceeded (in French (my mother tongue): 'Le d?lai d'attente est d?pass?'). My server can be reached on port 80 and redirects calls to my web site on port 8080. Both my ISP, who says he has no problem connecting to both on Windows 7 and Windows 10, on PCs as well as smartphones, and outside users were able to connect. However, even after I checked all IIS parameters to ensure that they were activated and made a complete update of the OS, I still can't connect to my server and site. Did I miss something in configuring my network or other parameters?

I would very much appreciate any hint or hindsight helping me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

A:No connection to private server and site

I am not familiar with nginx. Are you hosting it in your own network? And you can't connect yourself from inside?

What are the port forwarding rules? Did you configure firewall accordingly? Are you trying to access by port 80 or 8080?

Can you connect with the public IP?

Maybe more...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/377682-no-connection-private-server-site.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to add server(Intel PC with 2.8 P4 processor, 1GB RAM and 80GB harddisk) to my private network (not accessible from outside).

I have 50 users in my network ( approximately 30 users login at same time)

what simple good things that I could have on the server( website, forum,...) and what OS should I install on it?

I want ideas from you that you have tried.

Relevancy 73.1%

Hey everyone This Netgear with that have IP Issues Private Connection Router forum has always been helpful to me by answering the little Connection Issues with Netgear Router that have Private IP stuff Let's test it's limits One of my clients has a Windstream Router that gives off the IP Address X So the default gateway for our network always has to be All hardwired computers need to have a X IP I would like this Connection Issues with Netgear Router that have Private IP to happen with all wireless devices I know this is possible as I have gotten close to that goal but not perfect This is a mystery that I need solved by smarter networking minds I have tried Windstream support somewhat helpful and Netgear Support not helpful Here's the story About six months ago my clients wanted to set up Wireless So I put in the two netgear routers with IP Addresses of X one downstairs and one upstairs and all was good Until they started to use the wireless devices more They needed scanning access to shared folders on our the private network and remote services So for the past few months I have managed to get these netgear boxes working on the network I did this by going into the settings and setting their default gateway to and that they would give off the IP addresses instead of the Windstream box This appeared to work fine for a few months Until we gave them more bandwidth so that they could use their Remote Services faster Now there are intermittent connectivity issues Outlook disconnects Remote Desktop constantly kicks users out and internet is slow not sure if that is part of the problem I have tried changing the Netgear Router Gateway to something other than but that never works Our ISP Windstream does not like to help us set up other devices on their network They are useless to me here They did however note that there have been some IP conflict issues which may have to do with the gateway Netgear said it was impossible to what I am hoping to achieve I really don't think it is the case and that the Indian script reader on the other end just didn't understand the technical side of what I wanted to do Any help would be greatly appreciate because I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why something so simple should be so hard to achieve Basically I want to be able to login to the netgear router as I go to X X being whatever number the router is statically assigned As of this point I can only access the netgear router login by going to Every other configuration goes to page cannot be displayed Again thanks for any expertise you guys can throw my way

A:Connection Issues with Netgear Router that have Private IP

If I understand what you're trying to do, set the wireless routers up on the main 191.168.3.x network, and run ethernet to the main router from their LAN, not WAN, ports. You may have to use a crossover type wire. It's the main router that will do all the DHCP work. The secondary routers are functioning as a wireless switch. See Quick Guide to Configure Wireless Router as Access Point

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379001-connection-issues-netgear-router-have-private-ip.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, I have a small network and I use a DSL modem to connect to the Internet. I tried setting up an FTP server before when I first go DSL, but I couldn't see the server from the net. It worked when I had dialup, so I know its not the software. Any know how to set up the NAT that the DSL modem uses so that the server will work? Thanks in advance.

------------------
Timothy Nerbonne
My Website
[email protected]

Relevancy 71.81%

hi,
Can any one give answer for my question, Q) When setting up a private network of 5 PCs behind an Internet Router, what IP address ranges have been reserved for such use. Which would you pick, and why?
Thank You

Relevancy 71.81%

I am on a wireless network that uses public IPs for internet access, but on that same network carrying the internet service is a private network that we use to monitor and configure the wireless radios.
If I'm plugged into the radio directly I can set a route to 169.254.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 and can get to the radio. But I am now behind a netgear router.
So... My question is this. What do I have to do to view the private network now?
I already have a route set on the PC to the network and it is persistent. What are the correct settings on the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/static-route-to-private-network-through-router.8698/
Relevancy 70.09%

I want to connect to my college server running on unix through the internet....
Is it possible???????????

And how do i get root password of my college server or spoof into it by any other means????

A:Connection To A Private Network Using Internet!

And how do i get root password of my college server or spoof into it by any other means????No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.Subject matter quote taken from the Bleeping Computer RulesThis topic is closed

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107285/connection-to-a-private-network-using-internet/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to set up a home lab, but I would like to be able to get to the internet from the lab through my ISP modem. I'm not sure how to do that exactly. I have a modem/router, and i took a ethernet cable from port 1 of the modem/router and plugged it into port 1 of the Netgear swich I have from there i plugged a cable into port 2 of the Netgear switch and plugged the other end of the cable into the desktop. However I do not get a internet connection. How can i set this up?

A:Help: Create Private Network Using ISP Connection

Please show for the above described network and again for the desktop connected directly to the router port 1. Do you get internet access for the latter case?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

[Press ENTER after each command.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-create-private-network-using-isp-connection.1125598/
Relevancy 69.66%

In network and sharing center when I turn my computer on it says private network which it should then minutes later it changes and says I am not on an active network. My computer is plugged into a router and then the router to modem. The computer runs slow when booting up now but the internet and everything it connects to wirelessly work fine so I don't get why it keeps doing this . Network map has disappeared and I don't see manage networks. I'm on windows 10 pro. I did change the network name on Saturday and then this happened so I changed it back but the problem has not gone away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connection-goes-from-private-to-not-on-active-networ.1167980/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I ve been trying to set this up on my own for quite a while now and router port USB server with Looking NAS/FTP as to 2nd use can t get it to work I m wondering if this is even Looking to use 2nd router with USB port as NAS/FTP server possible so here s what have - verizon fi-os service - primary router from verizon connected to internet via coaxial cable - Asus WL- W router - TB USB external harddrive I wanted to use the ASUS router as a primary and attach my HDD so I could use it as NAS FTP server but I have to use the verizon router because I can only connect to internet via coaxial connection So basically what I want to do is to take my ASUS router attached to external HDD and connect it to my primary router so I can access my HDD on the network It would be nice to use it as NAS but I also want to try to use it as FTP file server Hope I didn t jumble my words too badly TIA for any help nbsp

A:Looking to use 2nd router with USB port as NAS/FTP server

see if this works
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
Shamelessly stolen from a John Will Post

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-use-2nd-router-with-usb-port-as-nas-ftp-server.1020927/
Relevancy 67.51%

I've had this problem for quite some time, and I really don't understand what's going on. I try to set up an apache server on my computer to help test my web designs, only it won't open now. I've checked the port(80), and nothing seems to be attached to it(it says "Listening").

I did a little research and there was something about the host and the virtual host trying to bind to the same port, but I don't think that's the problem either because the host binds to 80 and the virtualhost is set to 443(in the httpd.conf anyway). I would really like to fix this.

A:Apache OS 10013 Error (Failed to bind to port)

Assuming you are doing this on a Windows computer I am betting IIS is somehow interfering.

As a test or work around try setting your apache configurationg file to listen on port 8080.
See if you can connect to it using the urlort

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apache-os-10013-error-failed-to-bind-to-port.998143/
Relevancy 67.51%

Just wonder how all requests for web pages on my server are forwarded to a certain computer on my LAN (the web server computer).

The server and some clients are behind a router/firewall and when someone wants to view my web pages of course I want the web server to answer the request. No client shoudl answer it.

How is that done?

A:How can I forward port 80 on my router to web server?

You should have a GUI management page that will allow particular ports to be forwared to whatever LAN IP address is required. e.g. a Netgear router will have a "Port forwarding" link in the "Advanced" section from where all the necessary forwards can be set up.

What router are you using - a make/model would help people to direct you to the necessary GUI pages or point out the details in the user manual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-forward-port-80-on-my-router-to-web-server.414311/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello guys I am being more concerned since few days about daily suspicious network traffic in my network about the below Looks like UDP port from my private IP contacting destination port to a public IPs UDP UDP Source Destination Malware (Public). Port 137 Port 137(Private) ? one source to many public destinations I investigated these traffic by taking into consideration about offenses and scan results on these PCs didn t find anything suspicious Rest detected some PUP programs from registry and some adwares which I believe are not that much suspicious Scanned by Malwarebytes and Super anti spyware Below is a syslog log I am posting for your reference captured by my SIEM tool sent by Firewall lt gt ASA- - Deny udp src Internal dst External by access-group quot My CSM FW ACL quot xb c f x e e f This traffic is happening on a daily basis and to avoid security issues we have to unnecessarily scan those machines But is this really a suspicious traffic Could someone please help me on this please After a brief investigation if I find something good I can save a lot of waste work by colleagues sitting abroad scanning the machines nbsp

A:Source Port UDP 137(Private) Destination Port UDP 137 (Public). Malware ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/source-port-udp-137-private-destination-port-udp-137-public-malware.1079043/
Relevancy 66.65%

Is this possible?

Basically i need to have a listener on server A able to be reached by Server B and Server C behind the same router on the same network.

Relevancy 66.22%

I think what I m doing should be pretty simple but I m not sure why its not working We have a HELP! SharePoint Port Forward Server, Linksys Router Linksys RV router receiving separate dynamic IP connections on WAN Linksys adsl modem and WAN Billion wireless adsl router We also have a dynamic DNS service subscribed to from DynDNS Currently all three the RV and both adsl modems are configured to report the Port Forward SharePoint Server, Linksys Router HELP! public IP to the DDNS service I m not sure if ONLY the RV should be doing this or only ONE of the two modems or if it doesn t mattter We have a SHarepoint Server running behind the RV that I want to make available from outside by Internet users In the RV I ve enabled the DDNS service and forwarded ports and the specific port that our Sharepoint Site is running answering on I ve forwarded these to the static IP address that is assigned to our Sharepoint Server I ve set the Access Rules to ALLOW these connections from any interface always With the RV Firewall on or off hitting the DDNS name always times out but I know the DDNS service is working because the login information resolves and updates in the RV admin and pinging the name resolves to the same IP address as our reported public IP address What else must I do on the RV or what should I be doing on either or Port Forward SharePoint Server, Linksys Router HELP! both of the dsl modems I have disconnected one and then alternatively the other adsl router modems so that we re only receiving one internet connection in trying to eliminate problems but nothing seems to work Please help me do my job up here I appreciate any feedback from anyone Christian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/port-forward-sharepoint-server-linksys-router-help.697845/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi All,

Getting a strange error with Hyper-V on Windows 8 Pro x64.

When I try and add a virtual switch I get:

Error Applying Virtual Switch Properties Changes
Failed while adding virtual Ethernet switch connections.
Ethernet port '{a bunch of stuff}' bind failed: The data is invalid.
(0x8007000D).

There doesn't seem to be much on google that relates to this (in particular the bind failed: the data is invalid part).

Anyone have a clue what the cause might be?

Cheers

A:Hyper-V Error Adding Virtual Switch - Ethernet Port Bind Failed

can be many thing, in 3 or 4 years that I'm using Hyper-V I never encounter it, you need some networking knowledge to play with virtual switch, but usually 0x8007000D error are due to files corruption or permissions, try to run hyper-v management as admin.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/11074-hyper-v-error-adding-virtual-switch-ethernet-port-bind-failed.html
Relevancy 65.36%

ok so on my router- port Disabling woes forwarding FTP/WEB in server Solved: router i attempted to forward ports to my new ftp and webserver and no matter how i do it it will not redirect i have deleted the built in filters for automatically dropping those connections and i have even tried forwarding a huge range of ports I e - to while i realize that is a huge risk it still did not work what happens is when accessing my external ip on port or then the password box for the router login comes up why is it automatically doing Solved: Disabling FTP/WEB server in router- port forwarding woes this and not forwarding my ports as instructed all computers on the LAN can access my computer without a problem i even tried changing my computers ftp web server to a nonstandard port and also forwarding those but it didn t seem to work either am i missing something the router in question is an RT and i tested it with Bulletproof FTP serv and Savant web serv nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Windows seems to be unable to effectively identify my VPN connection I'm running Windows Professional -bit I've installed OpenVPN RC the latest release of OpenVPN OpenVPN creates a virtual network identifiable Network to Unidentified private make private? and How a connection using How to make a private Unidentified Network identifiable and private? the quot TAP-Win Adapter V quot When I connect to the VPN I am not prompted to identify the network This is apparently due to the fact that the network to which I'm connecting How to make a private Unidentified Network identifiable and private? does not supply a default gateway That is I'm How to make a private Unidentified Network identifiable and private? connecting to a private network and I only need access to the private nodes on the network For example here are the relevant lines in the routing table after connecting IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric lt -- this is my internet connection lt -- this is the VPN gateway On-link On-link On-link lt -- this is the remote private network So as you can see the default gateway applies to my internet connection only and not to the newly-connected private network As a result Windows automatically classifies this VPN connection as an Unidentified Network and forces its classification to public There appears to be no way to manually identify this network and mark it as private I found that if I did assign a default gateway using route add mask metric that Windows would immediately ask me to identify the network and I could identify it as private However if I disconnect from the VPN and reconnect the network is again classified as an quot Unidentified Network quot Is there any way without defining a default gateway via an undesirable routing table entry to configure Windows to recognize the connection as a private connection Is there a way to force any connection on this interface to be treated as private In Windows Vista these connections could be defined as private and the setting would be remembered across disconnects so this is a regression

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e9a21ae-a116-4584-a917-2a0c244e0de7/how-to-make-a-private-unidentified-network-identifiable-and-private?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.93%

Last week we changed the authoritive figure from our ISP to us. WE are delegated a block of 64 ip address. Our SOA file looks some thing like this..

$ORIGIN .
$TTL 3600 ; 1 hour
192/26.19.50.64.in-addr.arpa IN SOA ns0.xetranetworks.net. admin.xetranetworks.com. (
2004061222 ; serial
3600 ; refresh (1 hour)
600 ; retry (10 minutes)
86400 ; expire (1 day)
3600 ; minimum (1 hour)
)
NS ns0.xetranetworks.net.
NS ns1.xetranetworks.net.
I have left out the bottom portion for security reasons.

Anyways, from the command line when I do an nslookup for our DNS servers I get non-existant domain... I am stuck. Soon the people whos mail goes through us, are going to start wondering why there are no messages. help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soa-file-on-bind-server-no-reverse-dns-no-mail.469833/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm not to sure exactly what i need to do... I'm trying to play Civilization 4 Beyond the sword with a friend. So i set up a direct ip game, but he can't join. How do i setup my router to let him join?

A:How to set up router for a direct ip connection Port fowarding maybe IDK...

oh btw its a WRT54G Linksys router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-set-up-router-for-a-direct-ip-connection-port-fowarding-maybe-idk.728717/
Relevancy 64.07%

Dear Tech Support Guys What a great site I just came across in Google My problem is that we just started a wireles connection via Belkin Router F D - v connected to a cable in the biulding and a Netgear WNDA RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter on an IBM Netvista XP service pack I to wireless ftp Illegal connection command in server port used to connect to an FTP server without problems via a LAN connection Now I get the message STATUS gt Getting listing quot quot STATUS gt Resolving host name home -upload inet tele dk STATUS gt Host name home -upload inet tele dk resolved ip STATUS gt Connecting to FTP server home -upload inet tele dk ip STATUS gt Socket connected Illegal port command in wireless to ftp server connection Waiting for welcome message homeE inet tele dk FTP server Version wu- -jc Thu Nov MET ready STATUS gt Connected Authenticating COMMAND gt USER jensko Password required for jensko COMMAND gt PASS User Illegal port command in wireless to ftp server connection jensko logged in Access restrictions apply STATUS gt Login successful COMMAND gt PWD quot quot is current directory STATUS gt Home directory COMMAND gt REST Restarting at Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer STATUS gt This site can resume broken downloads COMMAND gt REST Restarting at Send STORE or RETRIEVE to initiate transfer COMMAND gt PORT Illegal PORT Command ERROR gt Syntax error command unrecognized ERROR gt Failed to establish data socket I have set up the virtual server of the Belkin Router with home -upload inet tele dk as the Application port - as external and private ports and the IP of the PC I also tried only port and the IP of the server rather than the name Nothing helps I did try to search the Tech Guy Forums but could not find a solution to this problem I hope you can help me Best regads Jens nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/illegal-port-command-in-wireless-to-ftp-server-connection.789043/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Thanks in advance with any help I ll try to be brief I have one of these Welcome to NEOSTAR-- Port USB Gigabit-Network Server - with the help of a bit of software it always you to connect USB devices to your network Now the problem I have is that my Samsung ML- printer attached to it works perfectly from one computer on my network but stalls with another I have other things attached to this device like a had drive and a scanner and they both work Gigabit-Network Port Server 4 USB fine on bother computers I have tried cleaning out printer drivers as best I can and reinstalling and also reinstalling the drivers that make the device function Another strange thing is that the device worked fine with the 4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server computer with which its having problems and then over night it stopped I can t really think of any changes I ve made to the computer I must admit I m very much an amateur here but if you give me any clues as to what I could do to trouble shoot this things that would be great help Regards Andre nbsp

A:4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server

we only need one post here - please do not duplicate

continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1056147-4-port-usb-gigabit-network.html

closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-port-usb-gigabit-network-server.1056146/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Thanks in advance Gigabit-Network USB Server Port 4 with any help I ll try to be brief 4 Port USB Gigabit-Network Server I have one of these http www techsupportforum com forums f -port-usb-gigabit-network-server- html post - with the help of a bit of software it always you to connect USB devices to your network Now the problem I have is that my Samsung ML- printer attached to it works perfectly from one computer on my network but stalls with another I have other things attached to this device like a had drive and a scanner and they both work fine on bother computers I have tried cleaning out printer drivers as best I can and reinstalling and also reinstalling the drivers that make the device function Another strange thing is that the device worked fine with the computer with which its having problems and then over night it stopped I can t really think of any changes I ve made to the computer I must admit I m very much an amateur here but if you give me any clues as to what I could do to trouble shoot this things that would be great help Regards Andre nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/4-port-usb-gigabit-network-server.1056147/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi All The Port Cannot network Router Patch to Issue OK so the issue I think is probably one with a very simple solution I would like to use a switch patch port to act as a hub with a TalkTalk router to network some PC s together However I really am unsure in what way to do this Tried and Tested We are using TalkTalk business fibre line so have the OpenReach Box plugged into a Typical TalkTalk router I also have a Cat e port Patch Panel yet I have no idea how to wire this to network the computers together First thing I tried was to plug the router into port one of the patch panel and then used ports onwards to wire into the PC s That was a no go I have also tried pairing the pairs I e Internet line into port and then cable out from port on the patch panel In all honestly I have no idea what im doing here so any advice would be greatful We do also have access to a Cisco Systems Switching Port - Cannot network Patch Port to Router Catalyst series As I have no idea what the Patch Panel is called I have attached an internet photo of what it looks like Cannot network Patch Port to Router Thanks in Advance Ronan nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-network-patch-port-to-router.219412/
Relevancy 62.78%

I am connecting to my office computer from home using remote desktop connection.

My office computer is in a network under router.
So I forwarded a port 3389 to my computer's internal ip address.

Now I want to connect to another computer at my office from home.
I tried forwarding the port 3990. But I was not able to access using remote desktop connect.
What should I do to access the second computer. Will 3390, 3391 ... will not work?

A:Port Forwarding to other Computer in a Router Network

Hello,

Have you done a port redirection from external 3990 to internal 3389 or have you just opened port 3990 to that PC?

Make sure that the PC is enabled for Remote Desktop (Right click computer, go to properties, click Advanced System settings and then on the remote tab)
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/194300-port-forwarding-other-computer-router-network.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings Bleeping Computer community I have a major issue on the computer I work Scanning Rootkit Server (Port Network) on 2008 Windows with I Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network) just got this job about a month ago and I found out I inherited a problem from the last IT guy I'm still a student working on my BTech degree so my knowledge is limited Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network) Also I'm the only guy helping with the computers so there's nobody to help me Since I started working here we have a couple employees complaining how the database software keeps crashing The error that pops up is a network issue So I check the log files of ESET antivrus firewall and it shows the servers ip port scanning the machine The server consist of two HDs one for the primary OS and another for storage for the network I ran a malwarebytes scan on the Server and located a couple malicious files on the D drive It was keygens that the last IT guy downloaded o O So I removed them with MalwareBytes and I thought that did the job but boy was Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network) I wrong The server has the BSOD so I had to uninstall MalwareBytes in order for the server to logon Next the portscans are still coming and crashing the database for some users I think I have found the process that does the portscans which is svchost exe This leads me to believe that the server is infected with a rootkit which is maintaining access and has altered the antivirus and firewall to dial home and maint access on the server I have already ran rootkit scanners such as tdskiller and bootkitremoval with no avail Please advise on what I should do Please note that the server must be kept on for employees during work days and hours Thank you in advance for your expertise

A:Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network)

Hello we need to repost this with a DDS log from this guide.Please follow this Preparation Guide, do steps 6,7 and 8 and post in a new topic.Let me know if all went well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528022/rootkit-on-windows-server-2008-port-scanning-network/
Relevancy 61.92%

Greetings Bleeping Computer community I have a major Network) Windows Rootkit Server on Scanning 2008 (Port issue on the computer I work with I just Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network) got this job about a month ago and I found out I inherited a problem from the last IT guy I'm still a student working on Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network) my BTech degree so my knowledge is limited Also I'm the only guy helping with the computers so there's nobody to help me Since I started working here we have a couple employees complaining how the database software keeps crashing The error that pops up is a network issue So I check the log files of ESET antivrus firewall and it shows the servers ip port scanning the machine The server consist of two HDs one for the primary OS and another for storage for the network I ran a malwarebytes scan Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network) on the Server and located a couple malicious files on the D drive It was keygens that the last IT guy downloaded o O So I removed them with MalwareBytes and I thought that did the job but boy was I wrong The server has the BSOD so I had to uninstall MalwareBytes in order for the server to logon Next the portscans are still coming and crashing the database for some users I think I have found the process that does the portscans which is svchost exe This leads me to believe that the server is infected with a rootkit which is maintaining access and has altered the antivirus and firewall to dial home and maint access on the server I have already ran rootkit scanners such as tdskiller and bootkitremoval with no avail Please advise on what I should do Please note that the server must be kept on for employees during work days and hours Thank you in advance for your expertise My previous post is on http www bleepingcomputer com forums t rootkit-on-windows-server- -port-scanning-network I have had some help from boopme and used RSIT to create two text files which is attached I followed the Prep Guide but was unable to get DDS to run Here is the results of the log file from RSIT I also attached it as well Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run by Administrator at - - Microsoft Windows Storage Server Standard Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GB Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe C Program Files x Hard Drive Inspector HDInspector exe C Program Files trend micro Administrator exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL res iesetup dll HardAdmin htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page res iesetup dll HardAdmin htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - BHO no name - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - no file O - HKLM Run HDInspector exe C Program Files x Hard Drive Inspector HDInspector exe O - HKLM Run LogMeIn Hamachi Ui C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- -ui exe --auto-start O - Options ... Read more

A:Rootkit on Windows Server 2008 (Port Scanning Network)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/528037 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528037/rootkit-on-windows-server-2008-port-scanning-network/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a desktop PC and I want to use it as a home server(not as a home Web server) . I will use the desktop as a Plex media server and also as an NAS drive for my documents. Can I connect it to my WiFi router(300Mbps) wirelessly ? Is Using Ethernet cable necessary? Will connecting wirelessly result in low streaming speeds?

A:Wireless connection between server and router.

Many types of devices can cause wireless interference including Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-between-server-and-router.1130902/
Relevancy 60.2%

My computer is hardwired to the modem Another computer in the home uses a wireless connection A week ago both computers were being used online Both computers lost internet connections suddenly Our service provider instructed me to connect the hardwired pc to the router instead of the modem The wireless connection was restored but the wired pc still wasn't making a connection I wasn't able to start my antivirus either the desktop to Windows couldn't the the bind IP protocol stack network shortcut to my A V program is a dead link nothing happens and the desktop icon for the A V link is now just white it doesn't pick up the icon provided by the A V program I always use trials of top A V programs of course only one at a time Avira AVG Avast I managed to scan with Windows Defender It showed detections I noticed Defender's last update was in July and for a few months hadn't been able to turn Defender on although I ran it a few days ago The wireless has connectivity There are no indicators of network adapter problems shown in Device Manager I booted into safe mode but still no connection I have used a restore point to a time a week before this problem but still no internet access I don't think my adapter card went out considering both pcs lost connectivity and the wireless also was out last week until our service provider asked me to connect the wired pc to the router The Internet port on the router is Windows couldn't bind the IP protocol stack to the network wired to one of the LAN ports of the moden I've examined the running processes and didn't see anything that seems suspicious Our service provider last week said they get signals from our end and it isn't network related They suggested getting help from an A technician I have my A and want to get NET next I have managed to fix virus type issues I had before but this stumps me On closing I will add that I have not tried reseating the network card yet Thank for any assistance I use Win and have a Gateway not again though pages load slowly even setting the tabs to load simultaneously and have plenty of RAM

A:Windows couldn't bind the IP protocol stack to the network

Unless you are leasing a gateway from your ISP, or using your own router. If it is only a Modem, you will only get one IP lease.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/57405-windows-couldnt-bind-ip-protocol-stack-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Windows XP home 2002 sv3

router SSID: o2 wireless ED 12A1
WEP 64bit 2D8F4367A5

Using wired connection only

I have had problems connecting to the internet. I have uninstalled Mozilla Firefox & am using IE . Disabled Symantec Endpoint - it was showing as having problems with malware files. Presently runing AVG - I know I cannot use two virus checkers concurrently.
There is an orange light next to the ethernet port on the back of the tower case.Looking in control panel/system/hardware/device manager at Network adapters Intel PRO 100 VE network connections
Should I try updating drivers ? If yes, then how do I go about doing this?

I have already re set the router & rebooted several times in safe mode also safe mode with networking enabled.

A:Pro 100 VE Network Connection Orange light on Ethernet port

Pazuzu said:

Should I try updating drivers ? If yes, then how do I go about doing this?Click to expand...

Here's the easiest way: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

Mind you, you may just have a faulty Ethernet cable, please try replacing it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pro-100-ve-network-connection-orange-light-on-ethernet-port.120272/
Relevancy 59.77%

ok I am at witts end with this thing I am trying to access the web server from the internet I have a ADSL plus connection going to my Actiontec GT R router In the router I have and tried port forwarding set to ports Router server Solved: network to thru Nat is enabled DHCP is enabled Solved: Router to server network remote management is OFF RIP is off tried with static routing and without UPNP on and off Firewall is disabled DMZ hosting on and off I have no scheduled rules set no services blocked rebooted router after changes DNS for domain name assigned and updated via freedns to WLAN IP on this router I have computers Router Mask DNS DNS computer A is a windows IP Mask computer B is a windows IP Solved: Router to server network Mask computer C is windows IP Mask computer D is linux web server IP Mask Bcast When I access the domain by name or Wlan IP address it hits the router and the rouer remote management pops up on the browser This tells me the router isn t forwarding the port traffic to the server I can access the net from the server but not vise versa I have looked for a firmware update for the router but there is none I do have the source code but before I start having someone start jacking with it I would rather see if it s my settings I m missing Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi All,
at my home, i got internet connection from coaxial to my modem..
i had tried couple time to hug up internet from Modem through Wan port to my laptop network port by RJ-45 but the internet status said not working(yellow sign at the network icon on task bar".
I tried 3 of my laptops, but still problem..

My deep wonder, i switch laptops to desktop by the same way, internet is working fine..
What is the problem? i really wonder so much...
I don't think all my laptops Network port are problem.. all of them are new

Best regards,

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60100-internet-connection-problem-throug-laptop-network-port.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi My current setup is with SB a network Router from Server 2003 to Moving Win a Moving from a Router network to Win SB Server 2003 cable Moving from a Router network to Win SB Server 2003 modem meg Comcast going to a wireless router LinkSys WRT GX w SRX The router feeds one wired amp one wireless client and two port network switches The switches feed four more wired clients and a VoIP adapter I want to setup a server running Windows Small Business Server and then move everyone over to that My first question is about hardware Can I have SBS use my existing router for the DHCP server If not will I need a server network adapter w dual ports I guess in my new server for it to take over the DHCP duties If the nd question is no also what is the hardware configuration that I will need FYI the last real experience I had with running a network was in using Netware X on the server side and mostly Win amp WinNT clients Since then it s mainly been home networking stuff wired amp wireless and this is my first experience with Windows Server Thank you for your help alan nbsp

A:Moving from a Router network to Win SB Server 2003

Unless you also have a software firewall running such as ISA, I owuld suggest using one NIC card on the server and let the router handle DHCP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-from-a-router-network-to-win-sb-server-2003.585312/
Relevancy 59.34%

here is what happen I am using internet and tv from the service provider so they send me a new router which handle internet traffic and TV traffic but since it already doing so much the technician told me not to enable the wireless function else it might crash often so I have two router now router A handles TV and Internet PS and A link one Need and to two dhcp router network, server? help within two labtop router B handles wired and wireless internet I have it MAC enable so ppl won t be able to access my wireless network from outside how should I setup so PS can access movies from computers behind router B EDIT I tried to make them within the same subnet router A DHCP - router B DHCP - when I connect router A with B by connect ethernet cable by LAN Router A is able to ping a computer behind router A but the computer can t ping router A and computers behind router B has no access to internet but is able to log into the router B setup page nbsp

A:Need help to link two router within one network, and two dhcp server?

Please use edit rather than create another post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-link-two-router-within-one-network-and-two-dhcp-server.157761/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi folks As I ve Secondary as Router 2 Server? Network, DHCP said in the title I m looking to make a network with two routers 2 Router Network, Secondary as DHCP Server? but only having DHCP enabled on the secondary router Before I 2 Router Network, Secondary as DHCP Server? go any further I must ask I have an Arris GT A sigh as the primary ISP required modem I m currently connecting via wifi and sometimes have pings to the router coming back in the - ms range for extended periods and it s decent Other times I get a huge range of different ping times often in the ms - ms range and sometimes even dropped Is disabling the DHCP server on the modem and relegating all local networking duties to my WRT GV likely to alleviate this problem or does this simply boil down to I m screwed because I have to use this Arris modem Moving on with the primary question here is my current setup Router Arris GT A WAN IP Dynamic ISP assigned LAN IP DHCP Enabled - Router WRT GV Connected to router via WAN port WAN IP LAN IP DHCP Enabled - With my current setup I have been able to ping both router and via 2 Router Network, Secondary as DHCP Server? wifi but I have not been able to ping or connect to the internet at large I have read a couple of different how-to s and other forum answers and feel like this is how I m supposed to be setting it up but it s still not working Something that concerns me about this attempted setup is that it still is using DHCP from the Arris modem router and I m really hoping to turn off all but the absolutely essential functions on that P O S What am I doing wrong and how can I do it better Thanks for taking a look amp for any and all help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-router-network-secondary-as-dhcp-server.1167109/
Relevancy 58.91%

As stated in the title, my ethernet card has problems with windows being unable to bind ip protocol stack to the network adaptor.

Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Local Area Connection driver information:

Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Manufacturer: Realtek
Provider: Microsoft
Version: 7.2.1127.2008
Inf File Name: C:\Windown\INF\netrtx32.inf
Inf File Date: Monday 13 July 2009 8:46:34 PM
Section Name: RTL8168.ndi
Hardward ID: pci\ven_10ec&dev_8168&rev_01
Instance Status Flags: 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code: 0
IfType: 6
Physical Media Type: 14

A:Solved: Help! Windows couldn't bind IP protocol stack to the network adaptor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-windows-couldnt-bind-ip-protocol-stack-to-the-network-adaptor.953926/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone This is my first post so be gentle with me I need some networking help please We have wire port ADSL router Server - Running SBS with NICs port switch A load of > Computers Server Switch help. Router Network > config > computers running a mix of XP and vista One of the server NICs plugs into Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers the router the other into the switch The router doesnt plug into the switch The server gets and internet from the switch with no problem I ve plugged all the client computers into the switch - so in theory they would connect to the server gt get their ips dhcp gt then gain access to the net via the server However this is not Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers the case no client computer can ping or rdp into the server altough Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers when doing IPCONFIG it seems to have got an ip from the server If i plug a computer directly into the servers NIC not the internet one I can RDP into it and get an internet connection Why is does it stop working once i plug them both into the switch any help is greatly appreciated as this one has been racking my brain for some time now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Network config help. Router > Server > Switch > Computers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-config-help-router-server-switch-computers.830677/
Relevancy 57.62%

Dear all:
I have an in-house W2K Server OS that has finance application software running on it. Recently a lot of my users are experiencing connection time-out problem when running that finance application's client software on the client machines. All the users can still go on internet and access local file sharing.

Is it a NIC hardware problem or it is a W2K Server DHCP problem? I have users who obtain IP from DHCP as well as fixed IP. Or the bandwidth is not big enough to handle all clients' usage (current 10/100Mbps base for 20 concurrent usage)?

Thank you all... >__<

A:Network Connection Time-Out over Server

If other things work OK for the same users then the problem is not with the NICs or the DHCP.

Maybe the server is under heavy load or the number of simultaneous connections to it is limited? Check the server logs to find out and check the CPU.

When the timeout occurs, can the clients still ping the server? Maybe you hav some faulty cables or networking gear somewhere between the clients and the server?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-time-out-over-server.23882/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

In our office occasionally our NT server (version 4 sp4) stops communicating over the network, the lights go out on the network card and no one can access the server. Then it comes back on again, for no apparent reason.

I thought it might be a hardware fault with the network card but I'm not sure.

Looking in the event viewer all I can find that might relate to this problem is this:

The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_HPTX1 because a master browser was stopped.

It is a HP Netserver E60 PIII500, 128 MB.

Nick

A:NT Server losing network connection

i would replace the network card !!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nt-server-losing-network-connection.28417/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have just gotten rid of multiple infections and I was researching things and maybe a little paranoid but noticed some private range ports with established connections. The system seems to run fine and they are windows processes as far as I know. Please let me know,Thanks. I will post the netstat -b output in a word doc momentarily

A:Private Range Port Numbers with Established Connections

Scratch that it won't let me upload word docs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387368/private-range-port-numbers-with-established-connections/
Relevancy 57.62%

I would like to understand how public IP works in remote access I do have belkin router and when I access it remote I type my public IP and after it the port number for example xxx xxx xxx and remote IP port access number IP for Public Private xxx and if I would like to access an IP cam remotely in the same network i would do the same thing xxx xxx xxx xxx public IP I do know my Public IP is unique Thus its quite logical Public IP Private IP and port number for remote access I can access my devices remotely my understanding of the port number is application specific that addresses packets in different applications in the same computer For example port is for HTTP connection used browsing the web for chatting in MSN i will use different port number specifically for MSN etc my question is how I can access my belkin router remotely by typing the public IP and the port number knowing that the port number is application specific not device specific My second question is is it possible to access two routers in the same network remotely Because I will be using the same IP address and the same port in the same network Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I m looking for a little help if someone would be so kind because I m a bit out of my setup network? - real router, server boxes multiple multipe IPs, One normal depth with this I m putting together a small home network well I guess large compared to some where I have three desktops connected to my router by wireless I also have a CentOS Apache ISPConfig server box and a WinServer k IIS server One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? box My intention is to connect both of these servers to the router in such a way that each has One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? it s own real IP Registered domain names would then be pointed at either the IP of One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? the Apache server or the IIS server and so the router would deliver the traffic to the appropriate box according to which IP the domain is pointed at To those ends I ve purchased a block of IP addresses from my ISP Having just called them I ve been instructed that the IP block I ve bought are my internal IP addresses and that once I ve set them up on the router in this way they should work I ve never actually done this before and my networking experience doesn t really stretch past the very basics of home networking and so I have very little idea of what kind of options I need to use to set this up on the router - there are things in there that are more advanced than I understand Could anybody please point me in the right direction nbsp

A:One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network?

Regular SOHO routers such as a linksys will not let you manage multiple static IP's. You will need an enterprise class VPN/firewall/router such as a Sonicwall to do that. I assume you want one IP for your web server, one for FTP and so on.. all pointing to different servers/nics. I would suggest a Sonicwall Pro 2040 or Pro 3060. I've seen both on ebay (used) for a reasonable price (around $300). Keep in mind these boxes go for about $1500 to $2000 and up (retail). There are other products from other vendors such as Cisco which will be significantly more. You will need a router in bridge mode (or a bridge) between your WAN connection and the Sonicwall. A regular linksys may suffice for this. There may be other solutions to this but this is one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-router-multipe-real-ips-multiple-server-boxes-setup-network.148979/
Relevancy 57.62%

hi,
I have two win7, two win xp (4 in total) connected as file sharing network.
1. When I turn the router off and then on, the win xp computers see all the rest, but win7 computers see no one, they still have the internet ability.
2. If I turn on the win7 computers first: the 1st sees nobody, the second sees the first but not the consecutive computers. No home group.
what is wrong here?

thanks ahead,
Manni

A:After turning the router off and on, no network connection

This link should help you get your network set up properly for sharing between your XP machines and the Windows 7 machines. After going through this procedure if you are still having problems there are a couple more things we can do with the security permissions to get it working.

Share Files and Printers between Windows 7 and XP - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221091-after-turning-router-off-no-network-connection.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am constantly needing to reset the network adpater in order to connect to my router/internet. This is one of those niggly problems that occurs quite often but not always...

I have checked driver updates and all OK. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Adapter: Intel(R) 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection
Router: Netgear N Series (had the same problem with Belkin 54g)

A:network connection to router needs reset

Same problem occurred again. This time it took 3 attempts to 'reset the adapter' and 'get new IP address' after right-clicking diagnose and repair. Really puzzled.... Does anyone have any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/279677-network-connection-router-needs-reset.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I was able to connect to my wifi with no problems since i ve had my HP laptop with vista But just earlier today while i was on wifi i hard about a command prompt that would allow me to connect to the internet with less issues of lag yea i know dumb move Anyways i tryed it out and it said i had to restart and now that i ve restarted i my screwed think my something i with network router up connection with I my network connections isnt able to locate any of I think i screwed something up with my network connection with my router the wifi connections that i have around me So yea now the only way i can connect to the internet now is when i directly connect my laptop to my router If you guys have any ideas it would be very helpful Also here is my ipconfig all under the cmd prompt and i have already restarted my ipv and ipv Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Mike gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ChibiAvenger Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List richmondair net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix richmondair net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - -D -F - E- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ba e b c f Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E CDA- BA - B - - BFFBE br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix richmondair net Description isatap richmondair net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ca b f fe a Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe ca b f fe a Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:I think i screwed something up with my network connection with my router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-i-screwed-something-up-with-my-network-connection-with-my-router.674884/
Relevancy 57.19%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 57.19%

I also posted this on Technet but I really need an answer to this It seems that If I can find and install another Nic Card in the Server I will also solve this problem but to have to do this to Servers is not a Server a Not if connection drive map able I to use G5 a to DL380 network HP PTP feasible option So my question is Why am I not able to map a network drive to a new HP DL G Server I work in a mixed network environment and we are testing a new Point to Point Circuit We have many different types of Servers but we mainly use Windows Server as our OS As we began to test this new circuit we have found that we can map network drives to almost any Server except if it is a HP Proliant DL G That Server has a built in HP Embedded NC i Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapter It is a Broadcom chipset Somehow there seems to be a problem with that NIC card It does not seem to be capable of receiving packets when they come from the PTP circuit If you use a regular circuit it works fine Also this card has ports for redundancy We are using the second port for the PTP Testing But this should not matter I contacted HP and they had me update the firmware and the driver for this card The problem still occurs I thought it may be the point to point circuit but then I wonder why can I map drives to any other Servers that are not DL G s they also have port and built in NIC cards Some of them are even Broadcom chipsets Well to my luck HP told me that I will have to pay for additional Network Software support We are connecting each server using the second Nic port via the PTP and they go through Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection a Cisco Switch on each end of the Point to Point So they are still in the Same TCPIP Network and I thought it could be the Cisco Switch or the Fiber but why does it work with any other Servers or NIC cards I can Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection map the drive to the G if I use the DOS command but as soon as try to do the Dir command I get nothing or the drive disconnects But if I go to any other server from the G it works too It only fails when I try to map into the G from any other type of Server If this is a TCPIP problem how does it fail only one way And to add to the puzzle I have all the Nics set to link Speed Full so I am not even using Auto Negotiate What in the TCP IP world could be the problem And Why does HP not admit that it could be something with the built in NIC card of the G s nbsp

A:Not able to map network drive to a HP DL380 G5 Server if I use a PTP connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-map-network-drive-to-a-hp-dl380-g5-server-if-i-use-a-ptp-connection.628925/
Relevancy 57.19%

I've been fighting a gremlin in my desktop. it's an eMachines running Windows 7, Yes a WalMart Special. I am hard wired into a router. That seems fine because I'm online with my netbook writing this. Yesterday, I could get online, sometimes it took awhile because of a DNS Server not responding, at least that's what the computer told me. But now it says I'm not even connected to a network. I am clueless. HELP!!!

A:Solved: First, DNS Server not repsonding, NOW no network connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-first-dns-server-not-repsonding-now-no-network-connection.1114442/
Relevancy 57.19%

Current Setup Asrock Extreme Z mobo with built-in nbsp Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet nbsp Windows Pro Intel i - k using onboard Intel HD Graphics nbsp RAID - OCZ Vertex 's nbsp I will refer to this setup as my tower The nbsp Ethernet nbsp port works fine by itself nbsp When I use wired tethering with my Android phone Droid running on Ice Cream Sandwich it works fine when nothing is connected into the Ethernet port in the mobo nbsp The issue arises when I try to connect both simultaneously nbsp The network configuration window in windows basically freezes and I cannot really navigate it without a second delay at best nbsp I Port NDIS and Window Simultaneously Used Ethernet Connection Freezes When Are Internet Network Configuration USB Sharing would like to be able to accept the internet from my Android via a USB tether and either bridge the connection or use the internet connection sharing service to route traffic through the unused Ethernet port on the mobo either to another computer xbox or more desirably a switch router to spread to the entire Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously home network nbsp I have extensively researched the issue of Windows become slow and unresponsive when I attempt to do this and I have not found anyone with the exact problem nbsp I am able to do both the MAC bridge Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously miniport bridge connections and Internet Connection Sharing though a Windows Vista home premium Laptop I have The difference between the laptop and the tower I am try to do this on is the laptop has a WIFI and Ethernet connection while the tower only has the on-board Ethernet nbsp Do I have all the necessary equipment to accomplish this or do I need to buy a PCIe WIFI card nbsp If so could I get away with just getting a USB WIFI dongle Any help would be very appreciated nbsp

A:Network Configuration Window Freezes When USB NDIS Internet Connection Sharing and Ethernet Port Are Used Simultaneously

Hi,
In fact, the hang issue is very hard to troubleshoot. To narrow down the issue, You could try to stop two services for a test. One is Network Location Awareness, the other one is Network List. This will tell us whether you have drive compatibility issue
with the two service. This is just my assumption. Juke Chou
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f90dbe5-22ae-48c6-a9d0-f03ac4200d97/network-configuration-window-freezes-when-usb-ndis-internet-connection-sharing-and-ethernet-port-are?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

hi.i have the linksys by cisco wrt610N router. when ever i set it up it works like a charm,,, once i install a password on it, it allows me to connect to the networks and for the first few minutes it lets me connect to the internet then it blocks my internet connection and blocks my access to it, so i have to reset it again to be able to access the settings page.

Relevancy 56.76%

Speed

We recently had Verizon HiSpeed (speeds up to 768 Kbps) installed with Westell(Model 327W) modem/router connected to our desktop.
When we place cursor over the "Network" connection in lower right of screen (of desktoop) it states:
The Internet (2)
Spreed 10.0 Mbps
Sent 141,926 bytes
Received 921,712 bytes

However, in the laptop, when we place the cursor over the "Network" connection, we see:
Speed 36Mbps
Signal Strength Excellent
Status Connected.

What we would like to know is why does our desktop show SPEED of "10.0 Mbps"

while the laptop shows:
SPEED of "36.0 Mbps?"
(Connection speed on both shows: download 705 kbps; upload 133 kbps.)

Is this something to be very worried/concerned about? We are senior citizens and the speed when we connect to Internet appears to be fine as far as we are concerned.
Thanks

Relevancy 56.76%

Currently have a Cisco Linksys EA3500 Smart Wi-Fi wireless router. Is there a possible way to prevent a computer or device to connect to the network, without making it obvious? Like to make it seem like there is an issue with the computer. Do not want to hide SSID, or block internet access. I've tried blocking internet access, but it displays on the computer that the internet has been blocked, which makes it obvious.

Relevancy 56.76%

When attached to my Belkin router, my network connection shows "Connected to <router name here>". But when I connect my LAN to my TP-Link router, it doesn't show that extra connection in my network connection?

I'm using an old dos software that somehow needs this "connected to router" shown in the network connection. I think the software needs to somehow "dial" to the router or "listen" to the dial tone or something. How do I make it appear? Some kind of vpn or something?

A:Network connection shows connected to router

In Windows, go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. In Network Connections you should see the Local Area Connection. right click it and choose Status It should say you are connected. If your Ethernet cable is plugged in and it is connected to your router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-connection-shows-connected-to-router-650535.html
Relevancy 56.76%

i have a belkin wireless G router just want to network with file sharing, and my xbox 360.
the setup assistant assumes i want to use the internet (i dont want the internet on this computer) i was able to this about a year ago, but that was before i had the xbox, and widows vista.
i cant get my computer to even recognize the router, and the setup wizard assumes i want to setup an internet connection.

A:home network with router WITHOUT having an internet connection

Forget the setup wizard.

Do a factory reset on the router and connect the two devices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-network-with-router-without-having-an-internet-connection.794013/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a d-Link DWL-620 E DESKTOP CARD.
STRANGELY .. IT CONNECTS TO THE ROUTER ONLY IN THE ADMIN MODE AND ONLY FROM A PARTICULAR ADMIN ID ON MY XP DESKTOP .. DIMENSION DELL ....

I have created another Id ...limit account .. it finds the wireless connections .. but when it tries to connect .. it connects for a fraction of a second and starts searching for the avilable networks agains .. and it repeats this again and again ...

Please suggest .. how I can make it to connect to my preffered network from limit/admin acounts using that adapator ... please.. Thanks.

-Regards
Jha

A:Wireless network connection to router issue... reg ...

Are you using the D-Link wireless client or the Windows client? If you're not using the Windows WZC, you may need to disable it in services.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection-to-router-issue-reg.638129/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Verizon router and I purchased a NetGear N900 wireless dual band usb adapter for my son's computer. I was going to test the N900. It is for college.

The N900 will not connect. I do have three other laptops that do connect and work ok. The N900 has WPS but the Verizon router does not.

So I have to use the SSID, 'wep' option, and the wep key. The N900 tries to connect and stops trying after about 20 seconds or so. The N900 varies from 4 to 5 green bars. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

N900 installation was followed and went smoothly and the new software version was used. We are using Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit on my son's computer.

I also purchased the Western Digital My Net N750 router for college. I have no way to test everything at home. It does have WPS so at the college I hope everything works.

A:Help - Network usb adapter connection to router problem

Change security to WPA2 AES and install the setup wizard from Netgear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246983-help-network-usb-adapter-connection-router-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Im trying to install a WoW private server as many others have done off of wowstatus.net and I can get the client open and everything but when I go into options/preferences and select my path to WoW (C:\Program Files\World Of Warcraft) it tells me I have an unknown version in the little area below that. I really need someone to help me with this, im very desperate and want to play on a private server BADLY. Please respond with something easy to understand.

P.S. Im expecting the problem has to do with the patch but im not sure how I can get a new patch and update it correctly into WoW to play a private server.

A:WoW Private Server Help

is this legal? I know in other games it was not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wow-private-server-help.451209/
Relevancy 56.76%

hello new to any type of torum like this so sorry if this isn't the right place for this i have a dell inspiron laptop with windows xp home edition version service pack this computer had been used for questionable surfing activities possibly without any antivirus maybe no firewall i haven't been able to get online with this computer for a long long time and recently i've been trying to figure not a but problem? have is network I found, connection winsock server out why over the last couple of days i've probably done a lot more harm than good as i've tried to solve this problem but hopefully it can still be saved in network connections it I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem? shows i am connected to a wireless router that works fine as it connects the computer i'm currently on when i try to open a webpage server is not found for firefox and internet explorer just sits there trying to connect when i run windir network diagnostic xpnetdiag exe i kept getting a message that said there was a problem with winsock catalog although after my attempts to fix this now network diagnostics just tells me to contact the company that provides support here's what i've done to make matters worse i've reinstalled service pack no good reason just thought i'd try this i've installed comodo firewall i've installed avast found many trojans and rootkits done boot time scans still found rootkit on the last boot time scan i've installed malware bytes found several trojans i've installed superantispyware found a couple things i've installed spybot found a couple things i've installed ccleaner and privazer just to see if that could somehow help i ran winsockfix exe did i mention i don't know what i'm doing i ran winsockxpfix exe in for a penny in for a pound i followed directions found at support microsoft that had me delete some winsock things from the registry install tcp ip of course this did not work either i don't know what ipconfig exe does but on my computer an internal error occurs and the request is not supported it's also unable to query host name at this point i'm surprised it still turns on on the upside i fixed the cd drive which had stopped working by uninstalling the hardware and then it reinstalled itself when restarted got that idea from bleepingcomputer so i figured i'd ask this question here i feel sorry for the person that decides to help me i'm good with a telescope i know a lot about rocks i can run heavy equipment get a computer online not so much any attempt to help with this is greatly appreciated thanks jb

A:I have a network connection but server is not found, winsock problem?

Hi liquiescapes  On a working computer with a USB flash drive to download and transfer logs and software, Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. Download then run Farbar Service Scanner and checkmark all boxes.Click Scan and then a Notepad text will open. Copy-Paste the report on your next reply.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501132/i-have-a-network-connection-but-server-is-not-found-winsock-problem/
Relevancy 56.33%

Often my router drops connection to all my devices. Multiple times a day. It's only for a minute or so, but it's annoying. I'm using a Linksys Wireless-N router (WRT160N) with WEP encryption. I'm running two Windows 7 laptops, LG BluRay player, Apple TV, Xbox 360 (Wired) iPhone 4, and a iPad 2. It doesn't matter if I'm browsing the web, watching Netflix, or playing a game, the connection gets lost. As we speak it happened again. I have no clue on what to do. I've reconfigured it multiple times. Firmware has been updated months ago. I bought this about nine months ago. This has been a problem since day one, only now I'm seriously getting fed up with it since I started working from home.

Relevancy 56.33%

I have recently purchased a new laptop less than a week ago and since purchase I have had the same recurring problem Coincidentally my wireless router is brand new also and so it makes the situation even more difficult to to access? but no Connection router fine, network is wireless eradicate My laptop connects to the router wirelessly without a hitch however Connection to wireless router is fine, but no network access? every five minutes or so a small yellow exclaimation mark appears alongside the connection symbol and it says there is either No Internet Access or No Network Access despite the fact it is connected to the wireless and has a full strength connection However my brother s laptop connects and surfs the web seamlessly as well as the family desktop PC and various mobile devices I am reluctant to return the laptop back to the store please HELP Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor AMD Athlon Connection to wireless router is fine, but no network access? tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA PWWAE AB Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

I am sooo desperate! Please help me! I made a website today, pretty ducky,

www.pawnscape.weebly.com Yes I know, weebly is for nubs.

my question is, how do I play a RSps on the site like many people do. (I can input custom HTML codes)

Here are examples of what i'd love to have as a feature. www.wsevolutions.com or www.runescape.com

Please help! My server, like all servers, is run by JAVA. I am sooo desperate. Pwity pwese? SPAM TROLL !

A:Runescape private server! Please help!!!

Its almost impossible to make a Runescape private server. And anyways, if you do make one, the changes you make to your character will not effect your characted in the real runescape server.
If you want to play a game on a private server, try Moparscape, but its not that fun
http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Moparscape

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/runescape-private-server-please-help.989348/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, You guys!
I am have a small problem. I play torrent and wanna improve my speed upload and also download. I have found information about vps on internet. But still not quite understand. Is somebody can help me? How do i have a vps? And what i have to do? I am so glad to join our forum. thank you all.

A:Need your help!!! About Vps(Virtual private server)

Hi vuvankhanhdhhh welcome to Sevenforums,

I believe you are talking about a VPN (Virtual Private Network)

To start you off, here is some reading material about VPN's: HowStuffWorks "How VPNs Work"

Couple of things to note:
If your torrent client is maxing out your bandwidth then a VPN won't help. A network connection is only as fast as the slowest link in the chain, and if that's your internet connection, then you will see no benefits.

If however your torrent speeds are slow because of Traffic shaping (the policy of ISP's giving certain traffic, such as web browsing and VOIP priority over others, such as p2p) then a VPN will almost certainly help, as the connection is encrypted your ISP can't tell that you are torrenting.

There are many VPN providors out there, although it has to be said, the best one's aren't free. Two that I would recommend, that I personally have used in the past are Its Hidden and CyberGhost VPN, both have a free product with low usage caps and no speed guarantee's, but they can at least give you an idea if they will help. Full setup instructions are on the site:

ItsHidden:Home

Cyberghost (german site translated into english so may read a bit weirdly): Surf anonymously - Download now and use for free | CyberGhost VPN

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/162518-need-your-help-about-vps-virtual-private-server.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My networking knowledge leaves a lot a lot to be desired and I am therefore seeking your advice regarding the benefit of obtaining a private server. I ask because I have been told that it is more secure - i.e. less vulnerable to malicious hacking.
Problem is that it is obviously more expensive. But would it truly be less vulnerable than a shared sever?

Relevancy 55.9%

Internet Service Personal Router Static IP MAC address of LAN Port or WAN Port

Hello friends,

I have purchased static IP from Local ISP Provider . Problem is that the tech support of local ISP provider is asking em

Which Port would you like to bind your Static IP

Also they ask me whats the MAC Address of Router
Pls see attached screenshot
As you can see Internet port - 74:44:01:94:E0:79
Whereas LAN Port has mac address - 74:44:01:94:E0:78

Which is routers mac address?

I have no idea.

I know we have two ports in router (mine is Netgear 300N Model)
1. WAN (Internet) Port
2. LAN Port
Could anyone really help in explaining me
1. Which one is routers mac address
2. Static ip should be binded to LAN or WAN Port

Pls guide Thank You

P.S. I intend to use DVR for CCTV for remote viewing later

A:Internet Service – Personal Router – Static IP – MAC address of LAN Port or WAN Port

I Don't know what your talking about directly but I'm willing to try. Can you explain a little better what the isp person is asking you? From the screenshot I know the bottom section is your local connection and the top part is your WAN connection. If that helps any.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-service-%C2%96-personal-router-%C2%96-static-ip-%C2%96-mac-address-of-lan-port-or-wan-port.1058226/
Relevancy 55.47%

Help please?

I have recently moved to a rented property and have had fibre broadband installed. The hub is next to the modem which had to be placed at the main telecom entry point to the house. This means that the hub and modem are in the sitting room. I want to have my printer upstairs but do not wish to run a cable all the way from the hub to the printer. I do have a couple of old wireless hubs - a Belkin and a 2-Wire. Would it be possible to put one of these upstairs hardwired to the printer and configure one of these to pick up the wireless signal from the new hub? Or am I mad??

A:Using a router to create connection from a wireless network to a wired printer

Hey winkent. I see a need for more info.

Is your "modem" a combo modem/router, and if so, is it a wireless model?
How many pc's are being used and how do they connect, wired or wirelessly?
Is this printer a network printer (has an Ethernet jack)?
Are these hubs or are they switches?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-router-to-create-connection-from-a-wireless-network-to-a-wired-printer.192877/
Relevancy 55.47%

The title might be a little misleading. I connected a new HP multi-function printer to my wireless router via a wired connection. I followed the instructions and the printer is working fine. The problem is a very short time later my phone, laptop and Wii were disconnected from the wireless network and will not reconnect. Wii support says that a connection cannot be established because the router will not assign an IP address to it.Prior to connecting the printer, I've never had any problems connecting via a wireless connection with as many devices as I could possibly connect to it (phones, laptops, iPods, etc). There's also been a desktop connected to the router via wire prior to and after the printer was connected.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi All,

Its critical for me to get some solution to this problem that has all of a sudden popped up.

We have a windows server 2003 machine running some server applications. After some time it stops connecting to any other machine on network. Web browser does not open page hosted over intranet, ODBC links to DBs on other machine stop connecting, remote desktop windows to other computers on network do not open, etc. However, it keeps pinging other machines.

Although, from some other machine, I can open remote desktop window to this server. I suspect the server reaches a point where it cannot open any more connections (maximum sockets opened?). After giving a restart, the server works fine (for a while!)

Can anybody help me with this? Server is hosting an application at client-site which is in production. Can't afford any downtime. Any help/suggestion will be highly praised.

Regards
Adnan

A:Windows server 2003 stopping to establish connection to any other machine on network

have you checked DNS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-server-2003-stopping-to-establish-connection-to-any-other-machine-on-network.773236/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there,

I'd like an exchange server on my private ftp/cpanel account. Something that supports push etc. so as soon my server receives an email i got it in my outlook 2007 and/or on my iPhone with push notifications. Is it possible to create an exchange server on win7? Or can it be on my web host? I haven't got a clue about it, not sure how it works.

Can anyone help?

A:How to create private exchange server?

If you're referring to Microsoft Exchange, that's a *very* expensive and complex package that runs only on server OS's like WS2008.

You're better off just setting Outlook to check for mail on a regular schedule.

Otherwise you're looking at setting up your own mail server. There are packages out there. Try looking up open source mail servers for Windows and it brings up quite a list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/65691-how-create-private-exchange-server.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was wondering if any one knew if any where online where there is like a blank poker room program that just needs to be hosted on a server, sort of like a website template but a poker room template w/ all the programing already done?

Thanks,
Peter

A:Private Poker room server HELP!!!

I doubt there's anything like that out there, if there is, it's not going to be easy. You're going to have to learn about servers, PHP, and more, as well as troubleshoot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/private-poker-room-server-help.580733/
Relevancy 55.47%

I was wondering if any one knew if any where online where there is like a blank poker room program that just needs to be hosted on a server, sort of like a website template but a poker room template w/ all the programing already done?

Thanks,
Peter

A:Private Poker room server HELP!!!

petersnoboard93 said:

Thanks,
PeterClick to expand...

First of all you should read the rules about posting
Multiple Postings - It is simply not acceptable to post your question more than once, or to post it in more than one forum. Choose the forum that your question or post best fits in, and place it there and only there. If, after posting, you feel it should be in another forum, use the "Report Thread" button at the bottom of the post and we'll move it. We also reserve the right to move posts to other forums and delete duplicates.Click to expand...

and second what exactly are you looking for?...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/private-poker-room-server-help.580732/
Relevancy 55.47%

ok first of all ive been play a ToP ( Tales of pirates ) private server and it has run smoothly until i updated to vista =/

now when i try to start the private server this error pops up :

Open form document failed: scripts/table/characterinfo.bin
Program will now exit!

and then i need to press ''ok'' then it closes

if u have any idea what i can do to fix this plz feel free to comment.

A:Solved: Private Server Error x.X

How did you solve the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-private-server-error-x-x.828482/
Relevancy 55.04%

What I want is the most secured pc possible disabling all the network connections except my private network made with hamachi I use it to play games on lan with my friend but when I get malicious tools from internet all my system is f ed up and I need to reinstall windows softwares and all my games one by one -I use the standard windows firewall my computer is xp pro SP -I deleted every web browser I had explorer not completely removed -Our hamachi network is secured with a password only the two of us using it -I plan on freezing my system partition after making all the changes needed deepfreeze So how can I reinforce my pc security without buying an AV that will ruin me What setting should I change in my firewall or is there a better one aviable for but hamachi block all to network connections private network? How not free Is there an alternative to freezing my system since I need to turn it off even for the smallest change Hope you can help me on this nbsp

A:How to block all network connections but not hamachi private network?

From what I've read, you have to allow Hamachi to contact its server in order to login.

Apart from that, go to Windows Firewall, Exceptions tab, and uncheck everything that you feel is not used.

A stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall will only allow networks packets to come in if it has seen packets going out to that address. So if an application talks to a server, then that server is allowed to reply back. Otherwise all other inbound connections attempts are blocked. The Windows Firewall is an SPI type. So, that should fulfill your requirement of "disabling all network connections" .

One thing you should consider. Windows Firewall on XP doesn't block outgoing applications. So if you downloaded a malware and it starts calling home, Windows Firewall will not stop it. There are free firewalls available, like Comodo and Online Armor, which have outbound blocking. These 2 have a built in white list of safe programs to allow online. If an unrecognized program calls outbound, it will ask you for permission.

I don't understand why an antivirus will ruin you. I'll assume that you mean financially. There are a number of antivirus programs that are free: AVG Free, MS Security Essentials and Avast.

You stated that you want the 'most secured pc possible'. So I'll add some other advice.

Get a router if you don't have one. Even if you have only 1 PC. The router will act as a basic hardware firewall. The Windows Firewall is ok, but you need that router as an additional layer of defense.

It is best not to tamper with Internet Explorer, it is too integrated into Windows. Besides, you will need a browser to configure your router. But you can use Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

A secured Windows is one that is configured to do Only the things you need, and nothing more. When you have extra features that you don't need, it just enlarges the 'attack surface' that an attacker can use. First things to look for are the 'network facing' features, because hackers can tamper with anything that respond through the internet.

Go to Network/Properties and uncheck all protocols that you do not use. A minimal configuration just needs TCP/IP v 4.

There are some services running on XP that you'll never use. See this article:

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=354

Note, you better write down the list of services that you disable, and what the original settings were - automatic or manual.

Go to Secunia and install their PSI program. This program will inspect your installed applications and notify you when one of them have security updates. You will want to run this weekly.

Also keep Windows Update on Automatic. Most patches nowadays are security related, and you do NOT want to delay installing them.

If your programs can work when using a non-admin account, then use a non-admin account for your daily activities. The administrator account is all powerful, and if someone successfully attacks a program running as admin, they will gain admin rights on your system too. Then it's game over.

Someone with physical access to your PC can do a lot of damage. So you should have a long and complex passphrase for logon. For example, the phrase "Kirk is the captain of the USS Enterprise" will become "kitcotusse". Throw in a number and it becomes "k444itcotusse". I recommend passphrases longer than 16 characters.

Part of keeping your Windows secure is to keep up with all security fixes. A lot of successful attacks are based on vulnerabilities that already have patches, just because people don't do Windows Update. Never fall behind on patches. This is especially important for XP, because unlike Vista or Win7, it doesn't have ASLR, services hardening and other technologies to foil attacks.

Security is part 'setup' and a lot of maintenance. To use a physical analogy, you want to lock a door to keep the room safe... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-block-all-network-connections-but-not-hamachi-private-network.940976/
Relevancy 55.04%

so i opened my port 25565 (or so i thought) went to test to see if its open on multiple sites and....all of them say its closed.

A:router not passing port scan after opening port

Start the application you opened the port for and then test the port, it should report it as opened.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/50256-router-not-passing-port-scan-after-opening-port.html
Relevancy 55.04%

1. Is this a wired or wireless connection issue?
wireless
2. Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)?
Charter

3. What type of Broadband connection are you using?
Cable

4. What is the exact Make and Model of your Modem, Router or Modem/Router Combo
Netgear WNDR3800, Cisco DPC3008

5. What is the Name of the Anti-Virus, Security or Firewall Software
comodo firewall

A:router not passing port scan after opening port

Have you tried a different port to see if that port is being blocked by your ISP?

I also see that your parsing TCP to UDP, probably doesn't make a difference to the port being open or closed but it might be better to set them both the same or set to Any.

Another problem you may encounter is your IP may change, most ISP's like to change your IP every so often so you may have to set up a DDNS with a hostname in order to access the services you want remotely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/338298-router-not-passing-port-scan-after-opening-port.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

I have been using an DSL Siemens speedstream 6520 router at home. I usually carry out some R&D by placing servers behind the router. I access the services on each of the servers from the ouside using port forwarding and it has been working fine for http, ftp, RDP, any user defined ports etc but in the case of port 25 SMTP its not working at all. I have checked the port on the local lan and I am able to telnet to that server but from the outside only on this port 25 I am not able to telnet. But If i were to change the SMTP port number from 25 to any other port like 24 or 26, I am able to telnet from the outide. Is there any way i can make SMTP port 25 to work and access the same from the outside.

Regards
Rajesh

A:SpeedStream 6520 DSL Router - Port forwarding for port 25

Is it possible that port 25 has been blocked by your ISP? This is a pretty common thing for ISP's to do as a SPAM prevention measure.

As you can see, there are quite a few ISP's blocking port 25 on this list.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/speedstream-6520-dsl-router-port-forwarding-for-port-25.872080/
Relevancy 55.04%

My home network loses internet connection when Windows 7 is active.

I have three machines with XP, one Apple and my current laptop with Windows 7 all connecting to the internet through the same router. After about 5 to 10 minutes of Windows 7 running I lose internet for the entire network. I have been able to replicate this problem six times consecutively. The router will indicate that the internet connection is active, but it is not. If I reboot my laptop to XP I must also restart the router to regain the internet connection to the entire network. Also, all computers see the network as active and running properly even when there is no internet.

Windows 7 machine is a Dell Precision M6300 fully updated with necessary updates and drivers from windows update.

Router is a Westell VesaLink Model: 327W this a standard issue wireless router from Verizon DSL

Many thanks in advance,

Mizuage

A:Windows 7 kills internet connection for entire network on Westell Router

I updated the Firmware in the router. Seems to have fixed the networking/internet disconnect issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4551-windows-7-kills-internet-connection-entire-network-westell-router.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a dual band router which I run with two SSIDS one for the 2.4GHz band (gaudi) and one for the 5GHz band (gaudi-5G). It also has ethernet ports.

A laptop I just built has connected OK to gaudi-5G and the ethernet and recognises them both as one network which W10 has called "gaudi-5G".

The problem is that when connected to gaudi, that is shown as a separate network (called "gaudi") which is public and what's worse there seems no way to merge this into the gaudi-5G network (preferred) nor to make it private network (not so keen on this option).

Help!

Cheers
Dave

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51454-one-router-two-networks-one-public-one-private.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have searched several posts and I have had success setting up routers but both routers can see computers on the other ip which is what I private vs public router 2 problem was trying 2 router public vs private problem to prevent Not sure what I am 2 router public vs private problem doing wrong Here is what I have Internet----Modem---Router public ----router private Router has the IP of subnet Starting IP is Router has been setup with IP subnet Router internet IP subnet mask Gateway DNS Like I said both routers work and I can get 2 router public vs private problem to the internet on either IP via LAN or Wireless The problem I have is if my son connects to the public wifi he can access all the computers on the private IP I would like to have both routers to have wifi and LAN capabilities but of course separate and secure of each other I guess I should also note that I set the private router to so that I don t have to reprogram all the other devices that were already on my previous network with static IP addresses Note sure where I went wrong Windows or Windows Vista computers Both are Linksys routers Thanks nbsp

A:2 router public vs private problem

Closing dup. Continue here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-router-public-vs-private-problem.1062222/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi folks Increasingly Hotels etc are charging extra for their wifi if you have more than one connection in the room Well using a portable router creates your own private wifi network which you can share with other people devices -- this one also has GHZ capability so max throughput from Hotel wifi is Mib s Create private network from single source - just pay once or have for etc private Router wifi Portable the single FREE connection and create wifi Portable Router for private wifi etc network You can connect to the LAN as well and create wifi network -- a Portable Router for private wifi etc lot of laptops now don't have LAN ports any more Great piece of kit -- I use also at public wifi outlets too as it's secure rather than rely on public wifi security i e none and will hobble those quot shifty characters quot who try and use public wifi to steal passwords etc etc Great also for supporting DLNA servers so you can show your own movies on Hotel TV etc Has usb slots so can share HDD's over the wifi network too DIR- L Wireless AC Portable Router and Charger D-Link Brilliant piece of kit -- not too large ---Don't leave home without it Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/51438-portable-router-private-wifi-etc.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm living in a house with 6 roomates and we are all connected to one wireless router. I was wandering if we could make the connection private so only we can connect to it. The router is a Belkin model num: F5D6231-4. Thanks in advance.

A:Making a wireless router private??

To secure the router's configuration pages, assign a login password.

To secure the wireless network enable WPA-PSK encryption with a passphrase of 20+ letters and numbers mixed. If somebody has an old adapter that does not support WPA, even with a driver update, at least use 128-bit WEP with a good hex key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/making-a-wireless-router-private.504562/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi folks Increasingly Hotels etc are charging extra for their wifi if you have more than one connection in the room Well using a portable router creates your own private wifi network which you can share with other people devices -- this one also has GHZ capability so max throughput from Hotel wifi is Mib s Create private network from single source - just pay once or have the single FREE connection and create wifi network You can connect to the LAN as well and private etc for wifi Portable Router create wifi network -- a lot of laptops now don't have LAN ports any more Great piece of kit -- I use also at public wifi outlets too as it's secure rather than rely on public wifi security i e none and will hobble those quot shifty characters quot who try and use public wifi to steal passwords etc etc Great also for supporting DLNA servers so you can show your own movies on Hotel TV etc Has usb slots so Portable Router for private wifi etc can share HDD's over the wifi network too DIR- L Wireless AC Portable Router and Charger D-Link Brilliant piece of kit -- not too large ---Don't leave home without it Cheers jimbo

A:Portable Router for private wifi etc

Jimbo there is always the Raspberry Pi 3 TOR that has been working great for those who travel.

It is probably the best little gadget to come around.

Alphanumeric and I are both playing around with that unit to see what it can do.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/51438-portable-router-private-wifi-etc.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I have a Virtual private server (VPS) and have connect to the internet using a VPN. This all works just fine but as soon as I open the VPN I obviously loose my remote destop connection. Does anyone know a way to setup windows with a VPS in such a way (multi ip maybe?) that I cann still connect with remote desktop when I use a VPN?

Thank you!

Rudolf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virtual-private-server-using-a-vpn-cannot-connect-with-remote-desktop.994928/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi. im experiencing problem with my Vista Home premium, private online games that i download doesnt work. although i have completely downloaded all the game component. it only prompts to launcher but the game would not start.
also im a bit frustrated because NFS underground is not compatible with Vista

is there a way i can change my OS? would that affect my hardware?
can anyone recommend me a good OS that would be compatible to majority of games?

thank you

A:My private server games wont work on vista

What are "private online games"?

Have you look for patches from the manufactuer?

You can change your OS, but you need to endure all the drivers are avalible in the OS youre going to.. With XP, the hardware makers are starting to not make drivers for XPa, as it is now 2 OS's old.

Vista runs most games... I've rarely found a game that won't

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/283827-my-private-server-games-wont-work-vista.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have three computers one hardwired to ATT U-Verse and two wireless All run Windows I have five hosting companies with numerous websites on each two are Virtural view Unable virtual my server to websites private on Private Servers Until today I Unable to view websites on my virtual private server was able to access all servers whether shared or VPS but for some reason one of the VPS servers I am unable to view any of the domains hosted there I can receive email from those domains I can connect to the server via ftp Employees in other areas with ATT U-Verse or Comcast are able to see the domains I can view the domains using G wireless tablets or cell phones I cannot view the domains on any of the three computers using any browser including firefox chrome or IE I get a timeout on tracert nameserver com after it hits my IP address I confirmed the domains are active with the VPS host I also confirmed with ATT that there wasn't a line issue and powered down and reset the router several times I still cannot access any of the domains and the only other commonality I know of was that before doing anything this morning I ran CCleaner on all three computers I have imported the deleted registry files in case there was something deleted that shouldn't have been but that is the only thing different from yesterday and prior At my wits end with this no idea what else to try Any suggestions appreciated

A:Unable to view websites on my virtual private server

[peanut gallery]

What's the security software? Any updates that might have changed firewall settings?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531198/unable-to-view-websites-on-my-virtual-private-server/
Relevancy 54.18%

so for the past day i have been trying to play Ultimate scape a runescape private server but i keep runescape problem while loading server? Java private getting the white screen with Java problem while loading runescape private server? a little red cross in the top left corner it says error click for Java problem while loading runescape private server? details and when i click it this comes up Java Plug-in Using JRE version -b Java HotSpot TM Client VM User home directory C Documents and Settings user --------------------------------------- c clear console window f finalize objects on finalization queue g garbage collect h display this help message l dump classloader list m print memory usage o trigger logging q hide console r reload policy configuration s dump system and deployment properties t dump thread list v dump thread stack x clear classloader cache - set trace level to lt n gt --------------------------------------- load class Client not found java lang ClassNotFoundException Client at sun Java problem while loading runescape private server? plugin applet Applet ClassLoader fi Source at sun plugin applet Plugin ClassLoader lo Source at sun plugin applet Plugin ClassLoader lo Source at sun plugin applet Plugin ClassLoader lo Source at java lang ClassLoader loadClass Unknown Source at sun plugin applet Plugin ClassLoader lo Source at sun plugin applet Plugin Manager create Source at sun plugin applet Plugin Manager Applet Source at java lang Thread run Unknown Source Exception java lang ClassNotFoundException Client i dont have a clue what it means but i have tried everything under the sun to fix it including reinstalling java several times deleting all java and installing java restarting my pc opening the port for runescape different browsers and a load of other things is there a way to fix this that i havent tried please help me Thanks nbsp

A:Java problem while loading runescape private server?

Private servers are against the ToS.

Play legit, get support!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/java-problem-while-loading-runescape-private-server.1114222/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I'd appreciate some help. I'm a computer dunce, and I don't know what I did to my system.

I run Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite with a Realtek wireless card. I ran ad-aware to clean up my system. It brought up a list of many proposed changes (cookies, registry), and I approved it without looking closely.

After it removed the problems, my wireless internet ceased to function, but the ethernet cable still works. The Windows diagnostic states:

"The Windows wireless service is not running on this computer."

and

"Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

I downloaded and ran the most current drivers from Realtek and the Windows Update, and nothing changed. I've read some posts where people think this kind of thing is a registry problem, but I have no idea.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken

A:"Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

Hi -

Run Windows System Restore - choose a restore point prior to the running of Ad-Aware -
START | type rstrui

Remove Ad-Aware from your system.

Install MSE --> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-couldnt-automatically-bind-the-ip-protocol-stack-to-the-network-adapter-500311.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a cq50-120 and a motorla sb6121 . Both have gig ports but laptop will not hook up to router at gig speed . I have tried different cables cat 5 type . I have tried a different laptop different router and even bought a 5 port hub all ghz ports .

I am lost . I do know computer and networking from back in the NAVY I was on submarines and a torpedo reload crushed my spine a few years later I got I got my MCSE 4.0 and CCNA years ago after I got out of the NAVY then the pain got to bad and I had a morphine pump installed in me. That meant I am total disabled. I do help out local folks with simple problems .

May the med is stopping is stopping me from thinker straight
ANY I deas
Thanks

Relevancy 54.18%

Whenever I start up chrome, it comes up with "Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"
I ran an MBAM scan and it came up with one thing, which I immediately quarantined and deleted. The problem persists. My time and date are correct, and my internet connection is fine. Wierdest of all, Firefox works like normal. I have tried everything I can find online, and nothing has worked yet. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled chrome. Nothing seems to work.

Please help, thanks.

A:"Your connection is not private"

Reference .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595237/your-connection-is-not-private/
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm trying to go to Outlook.com but it keeps telling me my connection isn't private or secure, It started happening yesterday and it's frustrating because I need to get into my email. Anyone who can help? It's not a problem with my date and time either, even though it is an hour ahead all the time, it never posed a problem before.
I can access my email on my phone but not the computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-a-private-connection.1169984/