Windows Support Forum

What certificate type I need to sign drivers for Windows 7 & Windows 7 SP1 ?

Q: What certificate type I need to sign drivers for Windows 7 & Windows 7 SP1 ?

Could somebody tell where I can buy the certificate to sign Win7 drivers in now-days?
I've found that it's impossible to install signed driver with sha1 certificate we bought. Even unsigned driver is better - it gives one more warning dialog to user, but installation is possible. We've tried to install updates for Win7, but failed.
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/267ff252-2a1c-4915-9fcd-f84cabd8efa0/what-certificate-type-i-need-to-sign-drivers-for-windows-7-amp-windows-7-sp1-?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What certificate type I need to sign drivers for Windows 7 & Windows 7 SP1 ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

can't type an @ sign in windows 7 ultimate, when i type an @ all I get is " its not the keyboard I have swapped them out, anyone else seen this?

A:can't type an @ sign in windows 7 ultimate

Hallo ljlavaseur, i am only having a guess here. I know my own keyboard needs an extra driver (Hewlett Packard Quick Launch Buttons) to get full functionallity
Attachment 44078
IF you could fill out your System Specs in User CP in the top left corner it would greatly help for someone to better assist you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50039-cant-type-sign-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 75.68%

My logon type continues to stay as the Windows 2000 classic logon prompt when I start my computer, even though I prefer to have the XP style... I have it switched to XP style logon in account settings, but it does not change it back. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 61.49%

I went into my User Accouts in the Control Panel. I deleted a User called Nathon. I created a new user account with Admin authority named Jack.
However, everytime that I start my computer from my morning bootup, the Signon Window has the deleted User, Nathon.
I have to type in Jack, for the new user, and I get into Jacks Account.

Why is Windows not remembering that I have deleted the USER, Nathon?

I have never had such a problem with any of my other windows computers.

Operating System
MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3
Installation Date: 28 April 2010, 17:47
Serial Number: B2KW2-WFXJP-DYBT7-HF44F-TJJ9W
Windows Security Center
Windows Update
AutoUpdate Download Automatically and Notify Prior to Install

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-sign-on-reverts-to-a-deleter-sign-on-name-everytime-i-boot-up.1086476/
Relevancy 59.77%

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/53094-enable-fingerprint-sign-without-pin-sign-windows-hello.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I am trying to resolve an issue where multiple client computers in the organisation are using an internally deployed Root CA certificate (before my time and no longer required) to sign the end entity certificate for external websites, google.co.uk
for example. All SSL sites appeared to be affected by this.

However this is not the case as sub domains of sites with issues show the correct cert chain, the below is for mail.google.com

Removing or untrusting this root ca cert breaks access to these sites.

I have reset root certs in various ways, removed machines from the domain, applied no GPOs, manually updated CRL and pulled down updated certs with rootsupd.exe.
It always attempts to use this rouge CA cert to sign the websites cert.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c87a7e1e-2ee0-4191-ab81-72165355c8a4/external-websites-end-entity-certificate-signed-by-internal-root-certificate-authority-certificate-?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I am trying to install CA root certificate on Windows 7, IE 9.
Encounter error: "Untrusted Certificate".  "This certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certificate authority."
I have tried to install the certificate to Trusted Root Certificate Authorities->local computer and import was successful. BUT on IE->Internet Options->Certificate->Trusted Root Certificate Authorities, I am unable to find this root CA on
the list.
On mmc->Certificates->Trusted Root Certificate Authorities->certificates, I am able to view this root CA.
I then restarted the IE and view the ssl site again but failed too, "Untrusted Certificate".
Anyone, any idea ?
Regards,
Eye Gee

A:Unable to Install Root CA Certificate - Certificate cannot be verified up to a trusted certificate authority.

May the following workarounds work for you:
Workaround 1:
Modify the Windows settings to allow the Update Root Certificate feature to update the root certificates automatically. For details, see the following Microsoft TechNet article:
Certificate Support and Resulting Internet Communication in Windows Server 2008
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771121(WS.10).aspx
Workaround 2?
If the Update Root Certificate feature cannot automatically update the root certificates, you may contact the website vender to see if there is a hotfix can fix the issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/075c420a-9a08-4dc9-8203-5577d25a10a3/unable-to-install-root-ca-certificate-certificate-cannot-be-verified-up-to-a-trusted-certificate?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 57.62%

i can press
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0
! @ # $ ^ & * ( )

But i cant type the percent sign....
5 works but the percent sign doesnt
nothing show up when i do shift+5
i am the keyboard on English united stated US
no other keyboard layout
i dont Type it alot
i cant still do alt + 0037
%
but i want shift +5....

A:I cant Type the Percent sign....

Try a different keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/239957-i-cant-type-percent-sign.html
Relevancy 57.62%

So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?
-Cheetha

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/43686-unsupported-video-type-invalid-file-type-windows-10-twitter-app.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I am referring specificly to my Amazon Prime and Vanguard Brokerage account sign in's I have W and an old HP G What Blocking In's????? Type Is Sign My "Interactive" that has worked better than What Is Blocking My "Interactive" Type Sign In's????? any computer I ever had This happened rather suddenly and I did recently have a battle with a huge blast of Malware virus troubles All that is cleared up thanks to lots of scans with AVG Malwarebytes and Spybot SD For some reason this little thing has come What Is Blocking My "Interactive" Type Sign In's????? along I sign into either Amazon or vanguard and I go as far as the security authentication screen fine Type in password and NOTHIN The button doesn't move or change and it s as though it isn't there nothing at all No new window tab or reaction of any sort The same goes with Amazon I can sign on fine but the minute I try to check out with the cart it hits the shipping choice screen it just starts clocking indefinitely My wifes laptop works fine in these areas as does my smartphone Currently I have AVG Free ANVI Smart Defender Malwarebytes Free and SPybot on the machine I should have mentioned I use Firefox latest edition and have unchecked the ADBLOCK tab I also shut down the firewall temporarily which did nothing although I did not reboot and try it that way I give up at this point Surely there is some program or setting that I inadvertantly tripped but right now I have absolutely no clue what to try next Any brilliant ideas I just want to coax old faithful till I can snatch another Black Friday deal

A:What Is Blocking My "Interactive" Type Sign In's?????

To try to define the problem...have you tried a different browser?

Reset the settings on your current browser?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512634/what-is-blocking-my-interactive-type-sign-ins/
Relevancy 57.19%

In a gmail, we have type the @ sign But for me,I am unable to type the @ sign for my email account. Usually we type shift and the number 2 but it appear other signs.It did not come at all. And I am using the Acer laptop. I hope you can do something about it.

A:I am unable to type the @ sign in my laptop.

Does this happen if you use a usb keyboard?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/i-am-unable-to-type-the-sign-in-my-laptop/19400.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows sp RTM Logon Desktop Sidebar amp Windows Live Sign in Assitant Sidebar Windows Assit Sign RTM: & Windows Logon, Desktop in sp1 7 Live Issues Windows 7 sp1 RTM: Logon, Desktop Sidebar & Windows Live Sign in Assit unknown minnor issues-if you face the same issues please post it here Hi Guys please read the clarification before going to the issues part Clarification I faced a few issues after installing the Windows sp RTM I am very sure that these are the Windows Windows 7 sp1 RTM: Logon, Desktop Sidebar & Windows Live Sign in Assit sp RTM fault already gone through Windows 7 sp1 RTM: Logon, Desktop Sidebar & Windows Live Sign in Assit a few discussions and tested by myself on various ways There is no problem with IE RTM as these problems were also existing when I used IE Original file came with my Windows pack I am certain that my Windows Live Sign In Assitant has no problem at all tested with latest Windows Live Essential pack-the one with minor update Everything works properly prior before of the installation of Windows sp RTM of course by reverting back the Windows sp RTM to Windows will solve everything The point is I want the solution for Windows sp RTM Hope you can help Kindly view my issues below OS Platform Windows sp RTM Browser Internet Explorer RTM Version Issues Error on Logon After I log off my computer pressed the log off button only and re-logon back parts of the Windows Live Sign In Assistant were disabled with an error message box view snapshot Desktop Sidebar issue Some of the gadgets are not working properly or not fully functioning Examples usage gauge in O amp O DiskStat is not working but the hard disk space gauge is working Microsoft Blue Calendar is displaying with a white frame Both gadgets had no such a problem previously view snapshot Related with issues and above When I disabled the Desktop Sidebar in Control Panel restarted my pc When the Windows started parts of the Windows Live Sign In Assistant were disabled with an error message box which was the same error with issue above and had the same error message box view snapshot Note that before I disabled the Desktop Sidebar there was no error on starting the windows but there was still an error on logon the Windows after pressing the log off button only the rest were all fine Issues and are still existing but no issue or other issues Shapshot Any idea Thank You Legion

A:Windows 7 sp1 RTM: Logon, Desktop Sidebar & Windows Live Sign in Assit

Un-install it, then look here Windows Live Sign-In Assistant - Windows Live

Also see this http://winliveid.spaces.live.com/blo...3AAC!222.entry

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/152423-windows-7-sp1-rtm-logon-desktop-sidebar-windows-live-sign-assit.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I cannot remove wrong or miss spelt names from our hotmail sign in drop down list.  I have tried using the down arrow key to highlight the miss spelt name in the drop down list and then pressed the delete key but nothing happens.  Can you
please assist me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21770900-0708-495b-88de-36f554032a70/how-to-remove-entries-from-windowslive-hotmail-signin-drop-down-list-when-using-windows-10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 55.04%

This problem exists on both my laptops Searches don't address my particular issue HP upgraded from Win and Toshiba upgraded from Win - months ago to Win I've tried to change from Fast Start which fixed only the failure on Toshiba to restart on command which was a good thing Did nothing for HP I've changed the keyboard registry in both computers to the which did nothing The HP was already set to I've gotten the latest patches and upgrades for Win on both laptops Did nothing The numlock light comes on and stays on The on screen icons show either locked Windows sign Windows doesn't on works numlk to after startup on 10 or unlocked properly Only the directional controls continue to work in either locked or unlocked mode I've found nothing anywhere that addresses this Has to be a software issue as computers are different manufacturers and one is years old and other is less than one year old It baffles me that it works on startup to put in my PIN and only fails when logged on to Windows Thanks Doug

A:Windows 10 numlk works on startup doesn't after sign on to Windows

Originally Posted by gslses

This problem exists on both my laptops. Searches don't address my particular issue.

HP upgraded from Win7 and Toshiba upgraded from Win8.3 6-10 months ago to Win10.

I've tried to change from Fast Start which fixed only the failure on Toshiba to restart on command which was a good thing. Did nothing for HP.

I've changed the keyboard registry in both computers to the #2 which did nothing. (The HP was already set to 2)

I've gotten the latest patches and upgrades for Win10 on both laptops. Did nothing.

The numlock light comes on and stays on. The on screen icons show either locked or unlocked properly. Only the directional controls continue to work in either locked or unlocked mode.

I've found nothing anywhere that addresses this. Has to be a software issue as computers are different manufacturers and one is 3 years old and other is less than one year old.

It baffles me that it works on startup to put in my PIN and only fails when logged on to Windows 10.

Thanks,

Doug

Did you try this?

I tried most of the suggested tips, but only one worked;

Go to Registry HKUsers/Default/ControlPanel/Keyboard and change the Keyboard Indicator value from 2147483648 to 2147483650, i.e. change the last two numbers from 48 to 50.

More details at http://winaero.com/blog/enable-numlo...en-windows-10/

Bob Frost

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35776-windows-10-numlk-works-startup-doesnt-after-sign-windows.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi As of yesterday when I sign in to Windows Live Messenger a few seconds later Messenger will Messenger freeze slow Windows to of causes Live Sign-in Windows stop responding This sometimes happens before the sign-in process is complete and sometimes several seconds after Shortly after this Windows Explorer stops the Task Bar Start Menu and any window involving file browsing file Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger causes slow freeze of Windows tree such as quot Open quot dialogue boxes then any other programs which are open also stop It's not a screen freeze since the mouse and basic keyboard commands still work to some extent - Alt-Tab brings up the switch program box repeating left-shift for StickyKeys makes the StickyKeys sound though Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing I searched for a considerable period of time both on these forums and on others but with no luck Has anyone seen something similar It may be completely unrelated but today for about mins any attempt to access BleepingComputer would replace the quot bleepingcomputer quot section of the URL with quot google quot bringing up either Google's homepage or an internal Google error since rest of the URL belonging to a BleepingComputer site made no sense stuck after quot google com quot This seemed to fix itself after I tried to get to BleepingComputer via a proxy though this may have been coincidence I would post this separately but I'm not really interested in this oddity if it doesn't relate to my first problem I have tried running SpyBot and AdAware but they only turned up tracking cookies I also had an uninformed look at a HJT log and didn't see anything exciting Alais

A:Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger causes slow freeze of Windows

hi,,, when this happens open task manager,,, right click on an empty space on the task bar,,, open task manager and click on the processes tab and look to see how much processor is being used,,, then look in the process tree to see how much live messenger is using,,,, this was happening on my auntie's pc,,, live messenger was using 100% cpu,,, when i clicked on it and ended the process, cpu usage dropped to normal,,,, i then uninstalled live messenger and re installed, everything was ok after this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177238/sign-in-to-windows-live-messenger-causes-slow-freeze-of-windows/
Relevancy 55.04%

troble in signing hotmail account on my phone nokia lumia520 after updating it to 8.1 windows from windows 8.posterity code is displayed 800c0008. i hv set my time and date

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437629-i-cant-sign-my-hotmail-account-after-updating-lumia520-windows-8-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

This problem exists on both my laptops Searches don't address my particular issue HP upgraded from Win and Toshiba upgraded from Win - months ago to Win I've tried to change from Fast Start which fixed only the failure on Toshiba to restart on command which was a good thing numlk after works on Windows sign Windows to doesn't startup on 10 Did nothing Windows 10 numlk works on startup doesn't after sign on to Windows for HP Windows 10 numlk works on startup doesn't after sign on to Windows I've changed the keyboard registry in both computers to the which did nothing The HP was already set to I've gotten the latest patches and upgrades for Win on both laptops Did nothing The numlock light comes on and stays on The on screen icons show either locked or unlocked properly Only the directional controls continue to work in either locked or unlocked mode I've found nothing anywhere that addresses this Has to be a software issue as computers are different manufacturers and one is years old and other is less than one year old It baffles me that it works on startup to put in my PIN and only fails when logged on to Windows Thanks Doug

A:Windows 10 numlk works on startup doesn't after sign on to Windows

Originally Posted by gslses

This problem exists on both my laptops. Searches don't address my particular issue.

HP upgraded from Win7 and Toshiba upgraded from Win8.3 6-10 months ago to Win10.

I've tried to change from Fast Start which fixed only the failure on Toshiba to restart on command which was a good thing. Did nothing for HP.

I've changed the keyboard registry in both computers to the #2 which did nothing. (The HP was already set to 2)

I've gotten the latest patches and upgrades for Win10 on both laptops. Did nothing.

The numlock light comes on and stays on. The on screen icons show either locked or unlocked properly. Only the directional controls continue to work in either locked or unlocked mode.

I've found nothing anywhere that addresses this. Has to be a software issue as computers are different manufacturers and one is 3 years old and other is less than one year old.

It baffles me that it works on startup to put in my PIN and only fails when logged on to Windows 10.

Thanks,

Doug

Did you try this?

I tried most of the suggested tips, but only one worked;

Go to Registry HKUsers/Default/ControlPanel/Keyboard and change the Keyboard Indicator value from 2147483648 to 2147483650, i.e. change the last two numbers from 48 to 50.

More details at http://winaero.com/blog/enable-numlo...en-windows-10/

Bob Frost

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/35776-windows-10-numlk-works-startup-doesnt-after-sign-windows.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi everyone, installed new modem and router using windows xp but windows continues to display ' validating connection' and does not connect to the internet also it display the message 'cannot find certificate to log into sitecom' any advice???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-find-certificate-407824.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My SSD bit the dust and I've lost my EFS encryption keys There exists nowhere in windows old a pfx file to be found I do have the credentials from Quote EFS certificate or windows.old .vhd? from Recover C Windows old Users MyProfileName AppData Roaming Microsoft SystemCertificates My Certificates I have a vhd backup of the old drive but it wasn't bootable with the new SSD After two weeks of work I wound up re-installing windows and moving the old installation to windows old I need to get the encryption keys out of windows old so I can gain access to my encrypted files again I have the windows old directory and Recover EFS certificate from windows.old or .vhd? access to my old user profile I have the vhd file which had issues booting with Virtual Machine--never got around to using third party apps I also tried using quot cipher x quot from within the recovery environment when I was logging in with the correct credentials but it was telling me the system could not find the file specified How can I gain access to my encryption keys from my windows backup image or from my windows old folders Alternately how do I migrate the vhd to a new hard drive and actually boot the darn thing bare metal recovery Isn't that the point of a whole disk image--to be able to back up to a new hard drive when the old one dies out Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/380580-recover-efs-certificate-windows-old-vhd.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello, I work at a school where we use a filter program called BlueCoat this filter allows us to filter both http and https traffic. In order to accomplish this we are required to create an SSL certificate and install in on all our local machines. Without this certificate on the local machine the user is unable to use any SSL traffic. In Windows 7 and earlier installing the certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities through internet explorer allowed the entire system to use that installed certificate. In Windows 8 installing the certificate this way only installs the certificate for Internet explorer and programs like the Windows Metro Store and Windows Update will not work because they are not seeing the SSL certificate. Is there someway to install the SSL certificate so the entire system can use it? I also tried installing with the certification manager with no luck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-ssl-certificate-install-653560.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Can someone explain how and where I go to obtain a certificate to digitally sign my Windows Mail emails?

Thank you.

A:Windows Mail Certificate

Hi Bazoni,

See if the following helps: Using digital IDs to sign or encrypt Windows Mail messages.

Here's one example of a free Digital Authority to get the certificate: http://simpleauthority.com/.

For others (many not free), check out: http://www.bing.com/search?q=certifi...WLEM&MKT=en-us.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/287296-windows-mail-certificate.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,
I recently (foolishly) played around with my documents & settings drive trying to move it to another partition. In doing so I've managed to nuke my certificate store, and lost my EFS certificate. Given that I've just moved the whole folder from one partition to another and then changed the registry to suit, the store should still be on my hard drive just in the wrong place. Can anybody help with where the store is located and what registry key points to the location? I'm running a standalone XP Pro box, and by the time I realised my mistake the system restore had been overwritten .

Thanks

A:Solved: Windows certificate store & EFS

Ok, I won't pretend to be an expert on this, but have you tried using the certificates snap-in in mmc?

I notice that if you right-click "Certificates - Current User" one of the options is "Find Certificates".

http://netsecurity.about.com/od/quicktips/qt/efs.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-certificate-store-efs.748641/
Relevancy 52.46%

Since upgrading to Windows 10 a few of our computers have been having issues. Sometimes when they are trying to access a specific website that requires them to submit a digital certificate to sign in it causes their whole system to freeze. They are using
IE11, but because the military likes to use old technology I have it set to run in an IE9 emulation.

The One X

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fcb82292-680b-4e66-87ca-60c4ab158697/windows-10-freezes-when-submitting-certificate?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Win XP Pro system with multiple users. There are files/folders that I want to start using EFS with.

I am very reluctant to do so because I also want a Recovery Agent Certificate defined so that, if needed, I can user the Administrator account or other designated account as the recovery officer/agent.

My knowledge level is high-beginner/low-intermediate. This means that I've worked some of the tools available in the Win XP Utility box (i.e. Local Security Policy; Computer Management).

What I don't know are the tools required for a non-Networked PC to be able to create MS certificate files (.cer); and then use them when the Recovery Agent is configured in the Local Security > Public Key Policies > Encrypting File System.

If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-recovery-agent-certificate.229613/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys. Just bought a secondhand PC without any software on it.
The case does have a certificate of authenticity (WinXP Home) stuck on the side with the product key. Does This mean I now have a valid licence for having Windows XP Home on this newly aquired PC. If so, Is it leagal to borrow my friend's disc and install it with my Product key

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-certificate-of-authenticity.665240/
Relevancy 52.46%

Unable to install certificate in windows phone

A:How can we install certificate in windows phone 8.1??

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Unable to install certificate in windows phone A detailed method on how to install certificate on your Windows Phone device https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn643705.aspx

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/345513-how-can-we-install-certificate-windows-phone-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am trying to install a vendor?s 64 bit driver on my system running Windows Embedded Standard 7. I am getting errors that the Windows does not have enough information to verify the driver's certificate. 

The vendor has told me that their drivers are digitally signed and that the issue is that my system is not connected to the internet and therefore does not receive windows updates.
They said that if the Windows Root Certificate Program could connect to the internet my issue would be solved.
My system cannot connect to the internet for security reasons. I was wondering if there is any way to fix this issue without connecting to the internet?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/add0ed12-9fbf-44a5-b830-c8c0a9b7efa2/windows-root-certificate-program?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi. I was using Windows 8.1 installed on my C: drive a few days ago. It got infected with virus so I decided to install Windows 10. I formatted my C: drive and installed Windows 10 on it. Once I opened my Windows and went to E: drive, I recalled that I had encrypted everything using EFS and had forgotten to take a backup of the certificate and now I need to recover it somehow.

Very little space on C: drive has been overwritten. I ran a deep scan to recover files and found about 3M files on it. Is there a way I can find out the certificate file? Any pattern or extension I should be looking for? I've already tried .efx but it gives nothing. Is there any other way to recover the certificate?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/75803-how-recover-lost-windows-efs-certificate.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm trying to set up my email account in the mail app. Incoming and outgoing connections are both IMAP using SSL.

The programme tells me that I need that "To use this account you need to install a digital certificate on this PC. Contact you system administrator"

The email settings work fine with Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail etc so why is the Mail app asking for this and more importantly, how do I get it working?

A:Windows 8 mail app and digital certificate

same problem here. even i'm confused. help please!

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/10137-windows-8-mail-app-digital-certificate.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I cannot get EMET 5.2 certificate pinning to work in Windows 10.
When I test it by pinning an invalid Root CA certificate to the website, EMET does not block website access in Windows 10 like it does in Windows 8.1
Has EMET certificate pinning been disabled in Windows 10 ? If so, has this functionality been superceded by a better technique ?

I have searched high and low, and this is the only anecdotal reference to this I can find:
"Windows 10 does not use certificate pinning, means someone can easily apply a man-in-the-middle-attack for each Microsoft cloud-access for example"
http://www.z80.eu/blog/index.php?entry=entry150804-200247

..... Para Dox

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e025455-dac5-4bad-a574-f532187ca687/emet-52-certificate-pinning-does-not-work-in-windows-10?forum=emet
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently bought two Belkin F D v latest firmware Wireless G routers and I m having a very strange problem I set one a unable log to network you was to certificate on Windows find the to up to use WPA-PSK Using my laptop running XP Pro SP I find the SSID using the Windows Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network wireless utility then I double-click on the network I enter in my WPA key just like I always would and it goes through the process of acquiring a network address and all of that but as it s doing that I get Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network a bubble alert in the system tray which says quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network SSID quot The connection seems to still work though just I get this message I have tried a few different laptops and they get the same message I have other wireless routers secured with WPA and I have never gotten that message before using the new Belkin Out of curiosity I opened up the second identical Belkin router applied the same WPA settings and it seemed to do the exact same thing I seriously doubt it s a laptop issue as I have used the same procedure that I have used countless times to connect to WPA-secured networks and I have also tried this on a few different laptops with the same result I searched for this message and people almost immediately suggest that it means either the router or computer are configured to use a Radius server Well neither are as far as I can tell In fact here are the settings for my router Security Mode WPA WPA -Personal PSK Authentication WPA-PSK Encryption Technique TKIP Password PSK my WPA key That doesn t seem to suggest anything different from a typical WPA setup from what I can tell yet I still get this weird message Any thoughts on this It seems to be router-related but I m confused as to why both routers do it Unless it s something new on the router that I m missing And of course the network seems to work other than this bubble but I m just wondering why it s coming up and how to get rid of it Thanks nbsp

A:Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network

Each WiFi adaptor has it's own setup utility, eg my Toshiba can with an
Atheros AR5005gs onboad chip and the OEM installed its own connection wizard.

Lots of people have used the MS wireless wizard, but perhaps you need to try the
OEM version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.102988/
Relevancy 52.03%

Good day I work for a company that uses an ethernet connection and a netgear switch to connect a bunch Windows root update certificate problem of trucks together and then software on the main computer to control all the different trucks and display the data off the trucks rates pressures engine diagnostics etc Lately I have had an issue with the software on the main computer locking up When I checked the event viewer the last couple of times I had a crypt error right around the time the software Windows update root certificate problem froze Now I understand why this is happening because windows is trying to update the root certificates and I'm not connected to the internet The questions I have are Do you think it's possible that windows trying to update the root certificates could interfere with the connection between the main computer and the pumps even for just a split second to interrupt the software And also how would I go about trying to recreate the windows certificate update to see if I can make this issue happen again Is there a program that runs to update the certificates I've tried searching the internet and can't find a name or anything This is the most important part of these questions Recreating this issue and seeing if it shows up in the event viewer is of the utmost importance to me Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-root-certificate-problem-476893.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone

Im having some difficulty with a laptop.

It won't update because of error 80072EE2

If I use IE8 and try to go to the windows update site it tells me there is a problem with the security certificate.

I'm guessing this is my problem?

What do you think?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385032-windows-update-site-security-certificate.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I reinstalled Windows earlier today with the backup disc I received from Digital River part of a student discount deal in However the product key I know stupid of me not to Certificate my 7 Key, of Lost Product Windows Authenticity but have write it down and the confirmation e-mail are now long gone I've tried calling Microsoft directly but they keep redirecting me to different departments in hopes of getting me to buy a whole new copy Lost my Windows 7 Product Key, but have Certificate of Authenticity of Windows rather than simply asking me to verify the product with the certificate of authenticity and handing me my product key I was wondering if anyone could assist me I'm just Lost my Windows 7 Product Key, but have Certificate of Authenticity looking to get Windows activated as soon as possible Thanks guys EDIT I e-mailed Digital River though their online student store has been discontinued since I am hoping their customer service is still intact So I e-mailed them hoping to find a way for them to re-send my confirmation e-mail from three years ago unlikely but worth a shot EDIT I managed to get in touch with a helpful Microsoft representative who said I should call Customer Support during business hours He didn't give me the number when I asked though so I guess I'll go fishing for it on google

A:Lost my Windows 7 Product Key, but have Certificate of Authenticity

It should be on the certificate of authenticity. Mine is anyway.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/207228-lost-my-windows-7-product-key-but-have-certificate-authenticity.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I tried to change my network settings from WPA to to network find was certificate log you unable on to Windows to the a WEP last night and like an I screwed it up I only wanted to change it over temporarily so I could access the wireless network with another device that isn t compatible with WPA I ended up having to restore the Linksys router to Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network its default settings I then tried to recreate the settings it had before with WPA before I messed it up It was on WPA -Personal AES and I changed the network SSID and passwords back from default Very basic I didn t set the Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network router up myself originally though so there must be something I m missing I am able to connect via Ethernet cable but when I try going wireless on both Windows laptops one XP and one Vista I get a message saying quot Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network my SSID quot Most of the searches I ran on Google had people suggesting that I uncheck quot Enable IEEE x authentication quot in the laptop s wireless Authentication settings but that is already unchecked Besides shouldn t the fix have to do with something in the router settings since the wireless was working before I mucked around with the router The laptop settings remain unchanged from the when wireless used to work so they should be okay right I also tried setting the router up using Wi-Fi Protected Setup but after the bar loads to the end it says it was unable to connect Anyone have any suggestions Or need more info that might help solve my wireless problems nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-to-the-network.166793/
Relevancy 52.03%

I got this prompt today when I got home, not entirely sure why it would need me to do this. I've never seen this prompt before, and have been using windows 7 (on different hard drives) since its release. Should I just let it do the thing?

"Back up your file encryption certificate and key"

Creating this backup file helps you avoid permanently losing access to your encrypted files if the original certificate and key are lost or corrupted.

Then 3 buttons:

Back up now (recommended)
You should back up the certificate and key to removable media

Back up later
Windows will remind you the next time you log on

Never back up
you could lose access to your encrypted files

A:Windows prompt to "Back up your encryption certificate and key

Hi,

The prompt suggests you have select to encrypt some files using the windows built-in encryption, to avoid losing your files Windows advise you to create a backup of the encryption key...

The following article explain how you determine which files are encrypted and revert the process if you did it by mistake.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563009/windows-prompt-to-back-up-your-encryption-certificate-and-key/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,
I have recently installed a fresh-clean Windows 10, but saved on the side my old Windows 7 installation folders and files.
Now I have found I am missing a certificate that I had at the previous, Windows 7 installation.
Is there a way/tool to extract the certificate (both public and private keys) from that Windows 7 installation?
Thanks,
Eitan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ebb499f-c5a1-4c97-bbec-e6832241de07/extracting-certificate-from-an-offline-windows-7-installation?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 52.03%

Sooooo Here's the problem Two computers problem a 8 a Windows with Mail "There's server's certificate" a desktop and a laptop both running Windows both have all available updates installed both are connected to the same home wireless network On my laptop when I access my email in the Windows Mail app under Settings gt Account gt Gmail and Yahoo it jumps to "There's a problem with a server's certificate" Windows 8 Mail the bottom of the page under the section for the IMAP settings where it says There's a problem with a server's security certificate When I "There's a problem with a server's certificate" Windows 8 Mail click Details it says The certificate isn't from a trusted source Malicious servers might use fake certificates that cause this error That's it No error code It gives me the option to Ignore certificate errors which is not recommended It seems to be downloading the mail though so I'm not sure what's going on On my desktop with the same Windows account synced over both machines same email account information there is no error I've tried to Google this but I haven't turned up anything Does anybody know what's going on here Why are two machines with the same IMAP information disagreeing about the server certificate's authenticity This is for both my Gmail and my Yahoo account so I would think it must be Windows I've restarted the laptop twice to see if it would just go away but no luck Please help

A:"There's a problem with a server's certificate" Windows 8 Mail

OK - sorry. As soon as I posted this, I went back to Google and read somewhere online that changing your date/time settings can affect the Mail app's certificate verification and I was fiddling with my clock yesterday. There's a "real time" oriented PC game that I play and I was trying to speed it up.    I guess I won't do that any more...  

I removed both accounts and added them back, and the server error is now gone. So, we're good here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526499/theres-a-problem-with-a-servers-certificate-windows-8-mail/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a Sansa e250 MP3 player, since the return of my repaired computer last week during which they had to reconfigure and reinstall windows, Windows does not recognize the Device Security Certificate!

I have tried down loading and installing the 'Firmware' upgrades, the system recovery tool has been down loaded however the pdf file down load on how to use the tool will not down load.

Can anyone help in how to overcome this problem and acquire the 'Certificate' Windows is looking for?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-require-device-security-certificate.620240/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear All

I am using Hp520 notebook with Win Xp. When i trying to connect to Wi-Fi, the message flash "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on the network". I want to get rid of the problem.

I tried the following:
In the authenciation Tab, i tried to uncheck "Enable IEEE 802.1x" bt it is already disabled and also the box is disabled.

A:Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on the network

Quote:

your wireless router is not setup for certificate security.

Quote:

That's caused by improperly setting the encryption on the Router to WPA-RADIUS instead of WPA-PSK on the client. The router and the client are both trying to find a RADIUS server with which to authenticate. Since you
don't have one, it complains using Microsoft technobabble. Change the
encryption to WPA-PSK (pre-shared key) on both ends.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-was-unable-to-find-a-certificate-to-log-you-on-the-network-632270.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Good Afternoon,

I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro - Windows 8 Pro and I'm having trouble installing new apps from the windows app store.

I've created a user name and password but when I try to download a new app I get the following screen?

My pc is connected to the internet fine and I can access the store no problem, it's just when I try to logon it says "we can't sign you in because the network isn't available"?

I am at work and we use a proxy server to control web access, the only thing that might be worth considering is that we block https://login.live.com and I don't know if this is causing my problem?

Many thanks
Martyn

A:Cannot Sign In to Windows App Store on Windows 8

Originally Posted by martyn007

I am at work and we use a proxy server to control web access, the only thing that might be worth considering is that we block https://login.live.com and I don't know if this is causing my problem?

of course this is the root of the problem. The store use a microsoft account , your gmail is convert to microsoft account

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12467-cannot-sign-windows-app-store-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have Dell Latitude D510 LAPTOP running Windows XP Pro, My built in WIfI finds the wireless hub/router but doesn't seem to go on the internet because can't find certificate that's the problem with it. So how do I over come this tried everything with it but it has not worked but when I connect it direct with Ethernet cable I can access the internet. Your solutions would be most welcome.

Many thanks

A:Can't Connect To Router / Windows Unable To Find Certificate?

Make sure the laptop's date and time are correct.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect that way. What encryption are you using? Does the adapter support that? Do you have service pack 3?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-router-windows-unable-to-find-certificate.1115358/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
After recent update, on our webpage there is No select certificate pop-up (windows security) for user after recent windows update, resulting HTTP 403 Forbidden Error.
This changes effect lots of our IE user when they try to access our webpage, but some are not effected by this issue. I've noticed that our webpage log come out like this:-

15/Aug/2014:11:02:50] failure (19239): for host 175.136.234.62 trying to GET /cgi-bin/certquery.exe, cgi_scan_headers reports: the CGI program /ecas/pc390/mpki-cc/controlcenter/cgi-bin/certquery.exe did not produce a valid header (program terminated without a valid CGI header. Check for core dump or other abnormal termination)

Is there anything to do with CGI Header? What is it? Is it cause by some kind of improvement on IE browser?
Is there any idea why this thing happen?
Thanks!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52215-403-error-no-select-certificate-popup-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

After the last update, I cannot log into a trusted website. Edge will not let me access it at all. Chrome says that the certificate is dated for 3000 days from now. My clock is fine. Date and time are accurate. Any ideas?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442428-windows-10-updated-now-website-i-always-go-says-security-certificate-invalid.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Sorry to bother Bleeping Computer again I m - Navigation Blocked (Windows Error Certificate Explorer) not sure whether a problem I m having is due to noobness or indicates infection with malware Certificate Error - Navigation Blocked (Windows Explorer) I ve been noticing my computer is very slow and uncooperative often needing multiple access attempts or to be refreshed in order to download Certificate Error - Navigation Blocked (Windows Explorer) or display I thought nothing of it until I tried to check my email And my facebook And my one of my favourite forums I keep receiving the same error message on a few sites about the security certificate being expired and content being blocked Pic http www facebook com photo php pid amp l ff c ac amp id I Googled and found an article which said it could be related to time and date on my computer the certificate could be genuinely expired or it could be malware I don t think all of the security certificates were expired because it s a few sites So I ran a full system scan using Avast and found no threat I changed the date and time as recommended - but then I received another error message when I clicked update to synchronise with the internet time server Pic http www facebook com photo php pid amp l c f b amp id Also I keep getting an error message when I try to get Windows updates Pic http www facebook com photo php pid amp l a acaa amp id I confess I have bypassed them because I really needed to access my emails Don t kill me Is there a way for me to find out what s causing all this and fix it Thanks HeadDesk

A:Certificate Error - Navigation Blocked (Windows Explorer)

but then I received another error message when I clicked 'update' to synchronise with the internet time serverTry different server.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373291/certificate-error-navigation-blocked-windows-explorer/
Relevancy 51.17%

i've just set up a wireless network at my place. there's 5 of us using the wifi network. so far i've gotten 4 of the laptops connected, up and running. The original computer i used to set up the network keeps showing the above error message. This message showed up in the other computers as well due to a problem with the WEP password, which has been resolved.
I have tried setting the configuration to open as well as shared but this message still keeps popping up and it cannot connect to the internet via wireless (although it works perfectly by cable) any help?
the laptop is an acer aspire 5572nwxci model running on windows xp. the router used is a dlink dir-615 wireless n router.

A:Windows unable to find certificate to log onto wireless network

If this remains unresolved, here is the bump. If solved by you, share your solution with others.

Having 4 other laptops to inspect for differences in the wireless configuration properties, you may have stumbled upon an obscure setting.

The router may impose limits on the number of wireless clients connected.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-unable-to-find-certificate-to-log-onto-wireless-network.104103/
Relevancy 50.74%

Our school was given a Citus computer loaded with Windows 98/2. Originally the computer did not have USB ports, but were added by the donor just befor he delivered it.

The problem: Even though the USB ports seem live (they start the wizard as soon as I plug in a printer or midiman, the wizard either shuts down before the drivers are fully loaded (illegal operation), or they finish loading and the flash a sign that says there is a problem and I should re-load. No amount of re-loads works. What is wrong with these add-on USB ports?

Thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi Per request I am creating a new post Windows desktop Several attempts to clean it have failed cnn com is available but nearly every other site fails errors certificate available, Windows most invalid not infected, sites 7-Appears including bleepingcomputer com so we will be using a USB drive until it has access to the internet I submit the following and attached Windows 7-Appears infected, most sites not available, invalid certificate errors Appreciate your help Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Bill administrator on BILL-PC - - Running from C Users Bill Desktop Loaded Profiles Bill Available Profiles Bill amp Rosemary amp UpdatusUser Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast afwServ exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Acer Incorporated C Program Files x eMachines Registration GregHSRW exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Common Files logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe Logitech Inc C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Skype Technologies C Program Files x Skype Updater Updater exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Software Updater Beta ksu exe Malwarebytes C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe ArcSoft Inc C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe RealNetworks Inc C Program Files x Real RealPlayer RPDS Bin rpsystray exe Acer C Program Files eMachines eMachines Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader downloader exe C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe RealNetworks Inc C Program Files x Real RealPlayer RPDS Bin rpdsvc exe AO Kaspersky Lab C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Tweaking com C Program Files x Tweaking com Windows Repair All in One WR Tray Icon exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LU LULnchr exe Logitech Inc C Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LU LogitechUpdate exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe - - Realtek Semiconductor HKLM-x Run ArcSoft Connection Service gt C P... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624390/windows-7-appears-infected-most-sites-not-available-invalid-certificate-errors/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi in the Event Viewer I have been getting an error Event ID I have followed it up but when I click on the Certificate to renew it I get message that Windows cannot renew it Apparently the Certificate will expire on I tried to delete it and I get message that it is needed for encryption Below is the exact message Do I have to do anything Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Warning Keywords Classic User N A Description Certificate for local system with Thumbprint e f ce f e fb a f f a d 64 bit, Windows Win7, Services Client-Auto Certificate Enrollment fc a ed f is about to expire or already expired Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment quot Guid quot F DB EF -B F - - -FEB B E B quot EventSourceName quot AutoEnrollment quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt Win7, 64 bit, Windows Certificate Services Client-Auto Enrollment x lt Win7, 64 bit, Windows Certificate Services Client-Auto Enrollment Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime Win7, 64 bit, Windows Certificate Services Client-Auto Enrollment quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt local system lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ObjId quot gt e f ce f e fb a f f a d fc a ed f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Win7, 64 bit, Windows Certificate Services Client-Auto Enrollment

Have a look at the Resolve section on this page:

Event ID 64

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/236362-win7-64-bit-windows-certificate-services-client-auto-enrollment.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys,

I had installed this mapping tool before applying all the Windows Updates and I got this Untrusted Certificate warning error as shown in the image.

Now, I had reinstalled Windows 10 and ran all the updates and then installed this tool which is a NON-Web version, meaning its a program that runs on the desktop but gathers all the mapping data from Bing Maps and so forth.
After when I launched it this time, that message DOES NOT appear now.

So clearly, it had something to do with a Windows Update that updates all Root Certificates.
But the issue is, I really need to know which update is it so next time I can install this Windows Update myself manually.

Anyone know?

Many thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64769-root-certificate-error-message-before-running-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 50.74%

When I go through the MMC, I add the snap in for certificate. When I go through the import process for Trusted People, in Win 7 you can click "show physical stores" and "local computer" becomes an option for "trusted people".
I don't see this in Win 8. I see registry, enterprise, and group policy. Which do I use, or how do I get "local computer" to show up?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/600972e0-4dcf-4006-b2b3-05fe08407cf8/how-do-i-install-a-certificate-to-trusted-people-gt-local-computer-in-windows-8?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm using Remote Desktop on a Windows 7 workstation (x64 pro) to access another machine on a local network that is not part of a domain.  When I connect I get a certificate popup (expected), but when I attempt to install the certificate on the machine;
it fails with the error MSTSC.EXE cannot find TSP1_X64.dll.  I've verified that this dll file is missing.  In fact, I've looked at several other Windows 7 machines in other environments and all of them are missing this dll (all are x64 machines). 
This is one of those times that I wish the dll database were still available.

Any thoughts?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4cb1a71c-64ff-48af-b5c8-8988585735c7/windows-7-remote-desktop-certificate-import-tsp1x64dll-missing?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello nbsp I can't figure out if this is because the Root Certificates were updated in April then apparently expired by Microsoft or if the PowerShell installer signed this file with a bad period WINDOWS A 4.0 is its within validity FRAMEWORK - MANAGEMENT required not certificate software release signature nbsp nbsp We WINDOWS MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK 4.0 - A required certificate is not within its validity period were deploying nbsp PowerShell Windows -KB -x -MultiPkg msu with ConfigMgr with a dependency of NET Framework nbsp Everything was working fine until sometime around April exact date unknown nbsp Now any nbsp Win SP machines nbsp I try to update nbsp will not install WMF nbsp They installed NET without any trouble nbsp The digital signature on it it states it was signed Sept and the certificate expires nbsp Even if we change the system clock to April it still will not install but this shouldn't matter anyway nbsp They just can't sign new software with that certificate surely I can install it As for a log If I run as C Windows ccmcache gt wusa exe Windows -KB -x -MultiPkg msu log c windows ccmcache broken txt nbsp In the broken txt I see nbsp nbsp nbsp Install Worker Operation Result Code of the installation X nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp HRESULT of the installation X nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Operation Result Code of the update X HRESULT of the update X b nbsp Install Worker Failed install update Update for Windows KB nbsp Install Worker Exit with error code X b A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file nbsp nbsp nbsp WINDOWS MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK FOR MICROSOFT OPERATING SYSTEM PRODUCTS nbsp Windows -KB -x -MultiPkg msu nbsp I also see this same event information in Setup event log I don t know what to do here nbsp Anyone else having this problem nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/22a62c0e-eae4-493f-ad04-4eb114bea048/windows-management-framework-40-a-required-certificate-is-not-within-its-validity-period?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello!
How do i remove the windows 7 sign at the lower right corner of the screen?

A:Windows 7 sign

Welcome!

Are you referring to the watermark? Legitimate versions of Windows shouldn't have that. Be sure you are not using a Torrented copy, and don't use the leaked service pack.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/85945-windows-7-sign.html
Relevancy 50.31%

when i boot up a message appears saying , we cannot sign to into windows 10 , the message is so quick I cannot read the rest, what is the solution to this problem

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434795-why-can-i-not-sign-onto-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have just upgraded from windows 7 64 bit to windows 8.1 64 bit
When i try to sign in when i turn my laptop on it says password is incorrect i am using a local user and do not have a password so when i try to sign in and don't enter the password it does not let me sign in.

A:Windows 8.1 Cannot Sign in

Try this, if it is a local account you can unlock the account and blank the password, but you will have to make a new one.

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33896-windows-8-1-cannot-sign.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I updated my PC last night and when it was over, I shut it down. This morning, when I woke up and started it, I tried entering my PIN and it told me that it was incorrect. I tried entering my MS password, which I know it's correct, and it told me the same thing. Now I can't log in on my computer. What can I do? O.o

A:Windows 10 won't let me sign in

Having the same issue here and no solution yet.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/10671-windows-10-wont-let-me-sign.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi!
I have a Laptop with Windows XP. It goes through the Xp screen like its going to sign on but then the screen goes black. I went into Safe Mode and tried to bring it back to last good configurations but that does not work either. I do believe that its not working cuz My clock battery was dead so it can not find the last good configuration. I now have a brand new clock battery installed. How do I get it to work?

Thanks so much,
Pinktopaz

Relevancy 50.31%

Heres my situation Im serious Cant help, sign Need some Windows into trying to help my dad out He has a Dell laptop with Win He recently started getting a window during startup that had a random file name and would say Is not responding We could not figure out what the problem was So we decided to try a selective startup Using MSCONFIG the option was selected to use Diagnostic Startup Since doing that Need some serious help, Cant sign into Windows we cant load windows Well Windows starts but when it asks for his pin number to enter his desktop we enter it Once we do that it simply comes up with a screen that shows his user picture large in the middle of Need some serious help, Cant sign into Windows the screen with his name like he needs to select his user and if you click on it then you are taking back to the screen to enter the pin If the pin is entered it goes right back to that screen I decided maybe we should try to start the computer in safe mode We try to but it asks for his actual password which he cant remember It asks for that same password if we try anything else Need some serious help, Cant sign into Windows in the Startup options I really need some help on this as soon as possible I really hope someone can help me with this We've tried every combination of password we can think of that my dad might have used and cant seem to remember the right one I really need to help get windows started again because my dad has work files he needs to access very soon Any helps is greatly appreciated

A:Need some serious help, Cant sign into Windows

Unfortunately, its against forum rules to help somebody bypass the password to log into a PC.

Forum Rules - Please Read!

6) No discussions of hacking someones system, network, password, etc.

Can you get back into selective startup and undo what you did?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/52459-need-some-serious-help-cant-sign-into-windows.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Not accepting my password on start up .... Help

A:Cannot sign in to windows 8

Hi,

If you use Microsoft Account, see this. Otherwise, see this (applies to 8).

Vadim

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29452-cannot-sign-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am using an HP Laptop and have just upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. When I turn the computer on it has a welcome with my name then asks me for my password. This does this every time I turn it on.
How can I put my password in so that every time I turn the computer on, I will not have to put the password in.

A:Sign In on Windows 8.1

This should help:

Windows 8.1 Review How to Disable Logon Screen - Disable Windows 8 Login - YouTube

Cheers,
Harry

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/40525-sign-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I ran highjackthis and found dexplore dll and was attempting to remove it by running various programs such as Ewido needless to say after rebooting it no longer lets me logon to my administrator name on Windows Here is my Onto Cant Sign Windows Help! most recent highjackthis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Help! Cant Sign Onto Windows Files AIM aim exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files CompuServe cstray exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkCalRem exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA COMPUS wcs exeC Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Misc Programs hijackthis exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com page amp refresh R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hsremove com done htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhostO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUNO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run HP Component Manager quot C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup Compaq Connections lnk C Program Files Compaq Connections Program BackWeb- exeO - Global Startup CompuServe Tray Icon lnk C Program Files CompuServe cstray exeO - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeO - Global Startup HP Image Zone Fast Start lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqthb exeO - Global Startup Kodak EasyShare software lnk C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk O - Global Startup Quicken Scheduled Updates lnk C Program Files Quicken bagent exeO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF B - - - A - A DE AD Snapfish Activia - http www snapfish com SnapfishActivia cabO - DPF F E B A- A - CA- - D CB MSN Photo Upload Tool - http by fd bay hotmail msn com resources MsnPUpld cabO - DPF F B -B - DD- F - B ECC Facebook Photo Uploader Control - http upload facebook com controls Facebo otoUploader cabO - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdat b O - DPF A C - - B-B C- C F FujifilmUp... Read more

A:Help! Cant Sign Onto Windows

Hello Katiebabes and welcome to the BC HijckThis forum. Ido not see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.Let's get the latest version of Ewido and run a scan with that. First, uninstall your current version of Ewido.Next, download ewido anti-spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.Once you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"Un-Select "Only if threats were found"Close ewido anti-spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).Close ewido and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the ewido report scan.Also, can you give me a little more detail about what happens when you try to log on with that account. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact message. If you log on with the default Administrator's account (or just another administrator account) and you look in the Documents and Settings folder is there a folder with the problem account's name? And if you go into Control Panel and check Users is the problem account listed as an account?Post back with the new Ewido log and and as much as you can tell me regarding the above questions and we will go from there.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62142/help-cant-sign-onto-windows/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I just got back from vacation and suddenly can t connect to my Wifi network at home with my netbook anymore It says validating identity but never connects certificate? windows unable Solved: find to to connect can't network- home When I try to repair the connection it keeps authenticating and then says that windows is unable to find a certificate to log me on to the network I did some googling and it was suggested to uncheck the Solved: can't connect to home network- windows unable to find certificate? Enable IEEE x authentication for this network box under the Authentication tab in Wireless Network properties I tried that but then I get an error message saying quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration quot I have no idea what to do or what the problem is My other laptop works fine from which I have set up this network works fine My phone Solved: can't connect to home network- windows unable to find certificate? seems to work fine too I already restarted the router and my netbook but that didn t help either I would appreciate some help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: can't connect to home network- windows unable to find certificate?

fixed it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-home-network-windows-unable-to-find-certificate.1083843/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Acer AM3400-U2502 desktop computer it came with windows 7 but I have upgraded to Windows 10.
Have been getting along good with it until now. I rebooted and now I cannot get past this screen no matter what I try. Scanning & repairing drive C 17% complete has been running for over 24 hours.. If I press the space bar to soon I get a blue screen that says to choose my keyboard language but no way to do that as my mouse or keyboard won't work so I shut it down again and when it says to press the space bar I do but it automatically goes to scanning and repairing Please any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am thinking about updating my Windows 8 system on a Dell XPS 8700 to Windows 8.1. I've read a number of "how to's" on the Internet, and all is pretty understandable. I have one question, though: toward the end of the install the instructions mention a "sign-on to Windows" procedure using either a Windows account or a local account sign on. Currently, I don't have a password associated with this machine, and am wondering if this sign on part of the update will force me to use a Microsoft account sign on, or let me bypass this step (how?) as I currently don't use a password to sign on to Windows. Thanks for the help.

A:Windows 8 update Sign on

That is why it is offering the alternative Local account sign on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-update-sign-on.1131473/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,
I am using windows 10 Pro 64bit, i want to add fingerprint sign in. After reading around the internet i have come to discover that "Windows hello is primarily used as a fingerprint sign in option for windows 10,, however windows hello requires specific hardware i.e. IR sensors, camera, e.t.c,

I have a Secugen Hamster III (HFDU02e), i have installed necessary drivers for my Hamster III and it appears below biometric devices in computer manager,

So how do i sign in with my fingerprint scanner in windows 10 ?
Note: Windows hello is currently not available under sign in options in my windows installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63090-windows-10-pro-fingerprint-sign.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Help with my Bungled attempt to establish a Log on user Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup w/o having to enter name andpassword at startup in Widows 8.1. I correctly did this using "Option One" of Brink's Tutorial procedure with two new laptops several months ago, however I now have gone brain dead while attempting the same on my new Desktop, with 8.1 O/S. For some reason the"Automatically Log ON", box did not pop up allowing me to enter my Microsoft User name; Password: or Confirm Password: as he illustrated in his "OPTION ONE, 4.,C,D. Still brain dead, I selected enter anyway, it did not work and now the PC offered me a slightly new picture requesting me to sign in with name and password. How can I return to square one to do this right? (I hate passwords).
Thanks Ross

A:Auto Sign in to Windows 8.1 help

Open RUN.
Type in

netplwiz

click ok.

Uncheck the box that requires a password.

A picture---

another picture---

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50531-auto-sign-windows-8-1-help.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I am having trouble when going to the c:\documents and settings\User folder it keeps coming up asking for me to sign into Windows Live ID. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before?

I cannot find any fixes for this problem.

Thanks
Tim

A:Sign in with Windows live ID

Forget it I found the solution

Following recent updates to Windows XP, some users experience popups
asking them to enter their Windows Live ID whenever they browse to
their Documents and Settings/username/ folder, whether or not they have
such an ID or use those services. This can be prevented by deleting the
item "My web sites on MSN" from the NetHood subfolder in this folder,
which apparently causes this by trying to access the network.

This worked for me !
--
windowsnovice

http://help-xp.com/about45055.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sign-in-with-windows-live-id.666001/
Relevancy 49.88%

I didn't have a windows password set on my computer. Yesterday I signed out and restarted, and windows wants a password all of a sudden. I tried a couple of password cracks but nothing worked. I really need some help here.
I have mosey back up if I need it but I would like to get back in as quickly as possible with no loss of permissions.
Here is an interesting aside: my brother called me yesterday and said the same thing happened to him. He is running win xp. Could this be some kind of back door or some other mal-ware?]

A:can't get in to windows sign in problem

There are password reset CD's that you can find online that will allow you to reset an XP account/password.

The one I use is the Offline NT Password and Registry Editor. Works for all Windows versions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-get-in-to-windows-sign-in-problem-548495.html
Relevancy 49.88%

since upgrading from 7 to 8.1 pro i have noticed the @ is shift and number 2 but im stuck on the rest, pound sign i dont no the code, can anyone help me with all the codes i will need, happy new year to you all..

kind words Dave

A:how to get pound sign and others on windows 8

In Control Panel, go to Hardware, select "Clock, language and Region", switch to English(UK). I think you have English(USA) at the moment.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/38191-how-get-pound-sign-others-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

The setting of Windows Update is as such that they aren't loaded automatically.

Of course want i to see if there are new updates available ...

In W7 is it possible to receive a sign on the taskbar ...

Does somebody know how it is possible in W8

Thanks

RitaHubert

A:Windows update - sign

Windows Update notifications are provided via a start screen text message (lower right hand corner I believe); however, that message is of no use to those of us who bypass the start screen on boot. This article describes your concern perfectly and does offer a way to fix this if interested. Good luck.

How to Show ?New Windows Updates Available? Notification Icon in Windows 8 Taskbar? - Tweaking with Vishal

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31066-windows-update-sign.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Customer Care I have my PC set on finger print identification. I over scanned the wrong finger, and was blocked out. System requires me to acess using a PIN Number, whick I have forgotten. How can you assist me  reset the PIN or finger scan identity? Ngugi G [email protected] 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-Hello-has-been-bloced-sign-in-wIth-PIN/td-p/5842815
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Guys today I was playing around with the apps of the Metro Start Screen, And I opened the SkyDrive app when It asked to sign in and after I signed in and now when I try to sign out of it I could not see any option to sign out and even there is no option to signout when I right click on it. So please help Me because I don't want that any app will keep itself signed in even after I shut down my PC.

Please Help Me...

Thanks For Any help...........

A:How To Sign Out From SkyDrive App In Windows 8

While in SkyDrive screen:

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23607-how-sign-out-skydrive-app-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I set up a Windows Live account to get email on Windows 7 Home Premium.
I used my email account for my Windows Live ID.

Now, when I try to Sign In, it says "The Windows Live ID is incorrect."

What should I do? Should I uninstall Windows Live and start over?
Will it let me use my email address again as my ID?

Thanks, cb

A:Windows Live - Cannot Sign In

So you set up a Hotmail/Windows Live e-mail which you then entered into Windows Live Messenger (MSN)? Your WL ID is probably incorrect. Check for spelling/punctuation errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/173002-windows-live-cannot-sign.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Check out the video of Steven Sinofsky, President of Windows Division for Microsoft, and others declaring Windows 7 'ready to go'!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQX-y7mtFVg"]YouTube - Windows 7 RTM Sign-Off[/ame]

A:Windows 7 RTM Sign-Off video

would've been better if everyone showed they're "O" face..like "oh" "oh"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17843-windows-7-rtm-sign-off-video.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been having this problem for a few weeks now. After a mandatory update from Microsoft, I've downloaded, installed and tried to use Windows Live Messenger 9.0. But it won't let me sign in. I type my username and the correct password, the icon spins, then - nothing. No error messages, just nothing, the same screen.

I've tried un-installing it, re-installing it at least 5 times. I've tried re-installing and using my old version (Windows Live Messenger 8.1), but it won't let me use that, because it forces me to update to 9.0.

I've already checked a thousand times and it's NOT a problem with a firewall or internet connections or anything of that sort. I've already searched the internet for hours for a solution, but couldn't find anything. I'm using XP and Service Pack 2.

Any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/254980-windows-live-9-0-wont-sign.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently installed WindowsSP2-When I start my computer, the My Documents page appears rather than my desktop.I have to X out My Documents and then the desktop is under it.Any ideas??

Relevancy 49.88%

My one year old notebook has window 10 (it came with windows 10) just received a windows 10 update. After I restated the notebook a new background was evident.....I put my usual password in the login box WHICH IT DID NOT ACCEPT but says INCORRECT PASSWORD.Seems rather unbeleivable but true.HELP APPRECIATEDBascat Im not sure what opperating system it has but the followingj are on the box it came in:15-ac106tx8192MB DDR3 SDRAM

A:cant sign in after windows 10 upgrade

Hi, Here are a couple of things to check. 1.  One possibility is that the keyboard layout has been changed, so try logging on using the on screen keyboard as follows. At the log on screen, click the Ease Of Access icon in the bottom right corner, select On-Screen Keyboard and enter your password using this. 2.  See if you can reset the password via another PC from the Microsoft page on the following link.  https://account.live.com/password/reset Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/cant-sign-in-after-windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5758747
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to bypass the sign on my Windows 10 laptop which was given to me is there any way that I can do this without purchasing or downloading any software because I have no way around it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bypass-sign-on-windows-10.1169305/
Relevancy 49.88%

Since I am the only one using my computer, can I eliminate the Windows Sign In step? Will this speed up boot up? Are there any risks to eliminating this? How do I do it?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi Guys

I was trying to register with Windows Messenger (Windows Live ID). One of the entries is my e-mail address. I entered it properly, but when I finished with the page, it returned with this message:
"The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is part of a "reserved domain" such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com or passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address"

I know I entered my address correctly (tried it several times). Any thoughts?

StanC

A:Windows Messenger sign-in

This is part of the Windows Messenger rules and I would suggest going thru and contacting them about this or get a new email address thry Yahoo, G-mail and use that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-messenger-sign-in.527604/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a windows 8 computer, hp, its not even a week old and it has this message in it. I actually saved this image from a thread that was posted here before. In that thread you helped the person fix this. My problem is that it boots up, you get the screen where you put in your password and after you click enter the error message appears.

If I can NOT get to any screen in windows how can I fix this.

Does windows 8.1 have a key you can click on startup to just refresh the computer to day one?

Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-error-on-sign-in.1143032/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok I put my PC on sleep mode last night then today I came to it and switched it on It was loading then the Starting Windows sign came past then it was just black with a sign Windows Hang after Starting cursor My Hang after Starting Windows sign mouse and keyboard were Hang after Starting Windows sign still on I restarted I tried Last Known Good Configuration but that didn't work I ran system repair and tried to restore to an earlier date which also didn't work When I ran through any safe mode Hang after Starting Windows sign the commands ran but stopped on CLASSPNP sys After all this I restarted and every time I click Start Windows Normally it does a restart Also after I select start windows normally I get a very very brief BSOD so brief I can't read it but I managed to slow it down to read At the bottom of the message the error code was Technical information STOP x b x b xc x x It also says run CHKDSK F to check hard drive corruption then restart I'm on Windows Vista bit OS

A:Hang after Starting Windows sign

I would follow what it says and restart, tap f8 after the bios and choose command prompt only; then do a chkdsk /f command to get it to search for and try and fix any possible corruption(s).

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339399-hang-after-starting-windows-sign.html
Relevancy 49.45%

How to use Windows Kits 8.1 to sign driver(.sys)?
signtool.exe told me my certificate file have problem, but it haven't over the expiration date....

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49883-how-use-windows-kits-sign-driver.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Whenever i sign into one of the users. The desktop wallpaper come up for like a split second and then the user signs back off bringing me back to the users window. This happens with all users as well as in safe mode. Ive read up on similar topics and everyone says to fix it i would need to just boot the computer from the windows installation cd and use the recovery console. The problem is for some reason the cd is not being booted from. I even changed the order up so that the CD ROM is the first to be read. Nothing. What can i do?

A:Cant sign into windows. Automatically signs off. Help.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296028/cant-sign-into-windows-automatically-signs-off-help/
Relevancy 49.45%

I installed windows 10 from 7 and if i try to sign into cortana, onedrive or microsoft accounts it either say (something went wrong) or (there was a problem connecting to onedrive) Browsers work fine so i know i have an internet connection. I have reinstalled windows 10 once with no change. any suggestions?

A:Windows 10 won't let me sign into Microsoft Accounts

I have the same problem. Anything I do requiring a Microsoft account sign-in (such as Cortana) gives me the same "Something Went Wrong" error before it even lets me type in my email or password. The internet works just fine.

I also upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, both 64-bit.

I did manually download the Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft before it popped up and told me Windows 10 was ready. I don't think that would have anything to do with this but I'm just trying to be thorough.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/14404-windows-10-wont-let-me-sign-into-microsoft-accounts.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows 10 sign-in options not working
Window freezes when I click on the "Sign-In Options"
Been working on it for days. I've tried at least 20 things. Still no fix.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/55911-windows-10-sign-options-not-working.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

My problem is pretty much summed up in my title. :) I have a Dell Latitude laptop, and it runs fine until the sign-in window, and then the keyboard (99% of the time) and the mouse lock up, and it seems all that works is shutting down the computer. Microsoft has an article concerning a problem that sounds similar to this, [URL="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294427"] but I tried running Windows using the F8 key, and I received no error message. I could really use some help!! If you have the answer, please post! Thanks!

"Jim"

A:Windows XP freezes up at sign-in screen

welcome
can you enter safe mode and go to the power options section in your control panel>
select never to hybernation, disable it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-freezes-up-at-sign-in-screen-93778.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I am using docking station for my Yoga 260 and sometimes when I sign in to Windows (the notebook is locked by shortcut win+l) from lock screen both monitors are still off. I have to reconnect the dock and then it's both monitors are OK again. Any ideas how to fix it? It's quite annoying because positions of all windows are lost and I have to rearrange them again.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Monitors-off-after-sign-in-to-Windows-from-lock-screen/td-p/3387318
Relevancy 49.45%

I can't sign into Games for Windows Live Client. It tells me that I need the Windows Live sign-in assist. I downloaded the 64-bit version and the update always ends in an error.

Not sure what the problem is.

A:Can't sign into Games for Windows Live

Quote: Originally Posted by Rokchant

Not sure what the problem is.

neither are we.

what's the exact error message you get?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/146579-cant-sign-into-games-windows-live.html