Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

Q: Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

Hi,
OK I have read many threads and posts about the solution "ZeroConfigExchange". But it does'nt work for my Windows 10 clients.

Windows 10 x64Office 2016Office 365 / Azure AD accountsClient computer is join with Azure AD so the users login with Office 365 accountsNo On-promise AD, only Azure ADAutoDiscover and modern authentication works with sharepoint and Outlook 2016Dword "ZeroConfigExchange" = 1 is created in both regkeys for all users
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
Problem
When I start Outlook 2016 for first time users it still prompts the "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard where I have to create a profile.

What am I doing wrong?
Best regards

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

It will be best for you if you ask this question in a forum dedicated solely to MS Office Outlook 2016.
I recommend that you use this forum :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...=1460639513346

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/47269-outlook-2016-skip-welcome-outlook-2016-setup-wizard.html
Relevancy 24.51%

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite with Insyde H2O bios. It says to use F2 for setup and F12 for boot manager.

I've tried all the function keys, as well as esc and del and they only get me to Windows Boot Manager. (This includes F2.)

The machine has Vista that stops loading when it gets to the network drivers. Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause? If I download a new BIOS can I install it from the command prompt?

If the BIOS is still OK are there other ways to get into setup?

(Meanwhile F2 works just fine on my Dell Lattitude)

A:Can't get into BIOS setup utility

Try using a USB keyboard...

"Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause?"

I don't think you would get that far in the boot process if the bios were corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-bios-setup-utility.178271/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just solved my own problem and thought others might benefit since I could not find the solution using internet search My Realtek HD Audio manager seemed to be creating an echo on my quot Line In quot HD Audio Realtek "line from effect) (if in" echo it Removing output sound not a is audio signal I had already set the environment and equalizer sound effects options to lt None gt but the echo persisted I found the problem seems that I was essentially duplicating the Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) Line In audio stream The first quot source quot I found was the HD Audio manager You can open the manager and view the Line In tab - mine had a non-zero playback volume the slider was NOT all the way to Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) the left for zero playback If you want Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect) output from the HD Manager that makes sense I also found out a second Line In quot source quot It was in the Line In properties settings where I had checked off the option to quot Listen to this device quot When I disabled that the echo disappeared To view this Line In properties tab right-click on the speaker icon in the notification area then select Recording Devices yes quot Recording quot Then the tab will display in a window with the title Sound You should see the Line In device in the list Right-click on this item and select Properties The Line In properties window pops up Then select the Listen tab UNselect Listen to this device The echo should disappear if you re experiencing my problem I hope this helps someone I m just trying to help the community from which I ve received so much help grinthumb nbsp

A:Removing "line in" echo from Realtek HD Audio output (if it is not a sound effect)

Two same signals

You're doing the right thing... getting rid of the other input signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-line-in-echo-from-realtek-hd-audio-output-if-it-is-not-a-sound-effect.178881/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a choice to make on a new monitor.

It needs to be VESA mountable and will be for strategy gaming and work purposes. Games like Wargame, Supreme Commander and World of Tanks. I work as a sysadmin so think lots of windows open!

Do I get a 24" monitor like this Benq (recommendations on a different one are welcome)

Or do I get a 27" monitor. If you think 27" what res would you recommend baring in mind I am sporting a 760gtx.

Thanks,

A:24" monitor or 27"

I think 1080P is the best bet for your GTX 760. 2560x1600 or 2560x1440 (27 inch panels) might be a bit too much. It is really personal preference whether you weant a 24 inch or a 27 inch. There are 1080P monitors in both sizes. I recommend Dell, BenQ, ASUS, Samsung, and ACER monitors. There are some other good ones, but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-monitor-or-27.201808/
Relevancy 24.51%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there all.

This problem just happened recently. Every time I put a blank CD in my CD drive, a message appears saying "E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function. I can watch DVDs but it won't recognize any blank CDs I put.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance.

A:Drive is not accessible - "incorrect function"

First try this from the Windows Explorer after you have inserted a disc.

Right-Click on E: drive

Select Properties from the pop up menu

Select the Recording Tab

then check the "Enable CD Recording On This Drive" box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-is-not-accessible-incorrect-function.166087/
Relevancy 100.62%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 61.92%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have scoured the from computer, sounds" can speakers "computing my hear my through I internet for a solution to this and have found nothing First my dxdiag is attached I have had this issue for over a year now and I am getting fed up If I put my ear to my pc I can hear computer noises coming from it I can not compare it to another sound as there is nothing else to compare it too it just sounds like my CPU or Hard Drive thinking That doesnt bother me though I expect my computer to make some noise HOWEVER I dont expect to hear it in my speakers too I have a lot of speakers and a lot of headphones no they are not I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the problem Right now I am using a knappenberger tube hooked up to a GK MB just cuz I can When I plug in any speakers I can hear the CPU sound through them regardless of the volume level I can turn the speaker all the way down and yet the sound will come through This leads me to believe I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers it is a grounding issue or electrical to some degree I would like to try physically grounding my case to see if it would eliminate this God awful feedback However I can not find a guide as to I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers the best way to do this or any other suggestions So here I am Help me and earn my eternal gratitude Some notes If I unplug all of my cables except power and the speaker cable I still hear it if I plug in my speaker cable to my monitor instead of my PC I still hear it Front port still hear it I have yet to try a different sound card as I dont have one Once I find one I will update nbsp

A:I can hear "computing sounds" from my computer, through my speakers

Checked some settings in the Bios, noticed the sound isnt there while navigating it. Static started once windows loaded. Maybe it is some sort of issue with the hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-hear-computing-sounds-from-my-computer-through-my-speakers.202182/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm trying to record some karaoke but every time I play back the recorded track, the music is "doubled" with a slight delay, as if the laptop's built-in microphone was picking up the music along with my voice. Here is an example:

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c58ef46c3

Notice how those staccato notes are doubled with that slight delay.

I'm using Windows 7 on a Dell laptop with Realtek.
Under Playback I have two devices: Loudspeaker (enabled) and Realtek Digital Output (disabled)
Under Recording I have: Microphone (enabled) and Stereomix (disabled)

I'm recording using headphones and the laptop's built-in microphone. This is what the Realtek Audio Manager looks like:

It's in German but most options are self-explanatory.

If you could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bleeding-when-trying-to-record-on-laptop.211024/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

A:PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 50.74%

For the past month, Nvidia has faced its fair share of bad PR thanks to the GeForce GTX 970's memory allocation issue. As has been uncovered by users and explained by Nvidia, the GTX 970's last 512 MB of VRAM...

Read more

A:Nvidia CEO says GTX 970 memory controversy "won't happen again"

Again: the performance didn't change overnight; it's today the same performance than the advertised on launch date. Even that technicality can kill the case. Specifications were the "misleading" part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-ceo-says-gtx-970-memory-controversy-wont-happen-again.209149/
Relevancy 51.6%

As you've probably heard by now, Nvidia is having a few issues with their GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. In response, AMD has lowered the price of the card's main competitor, the Radeon R9 290X, in an attempt to get...

Read more

A:AMD cuts Radeon R9 290X price amid GTX 970 "issues"

Meaning AMD could have been selling the card cheaper this whole time.

AMD needs to stand more firmly in their business decisions. Changing prices on a whim every time the wind blows, shows lack of confidence in their product to sell itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-cuts-radeon-r9-290x-price-amid-gtx-970-issues.208450/
Relevancy 24.51%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 24.51%

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

A:Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 51.6%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

A:Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-stated-as-plugged-in-not-charging.203683/
Relevancy 49.88%

I used RV042 10/100 4-Port VPN Router. I've configured the dual WAN, and enable Load Balancing for faster internet. But if I accessedhttp://ipchicken.com/ my IP Address is always chaging? How can I setup the router sticking to just one IP address?

A:How to "Load Balance" without changing the IP?

Let me preface by saying....taking two circuits and using them at the same time, even with protocol management from the LB is most likely not worth the effort.

But for the sake of the argument, the first hurdle you have is that both circuits need to have static IPs. What type of connections are they?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-load-balance-without-changing-the-ip.205897/
Relevancy 34.83%

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.

A:Dell 27" 5K Monitor

VitalyT said:

Dell is releasing a new 5K monitor in Q4 this year. That's your ideal 2560 x 1440 quadrupled for retina effect, while keeping the perfect proportions, with the software that supports it that is, for the total of 5120 x 2880 madness.Click to expand...

And I thought 4K was crazy high resolution already xD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-27-5k-monitor.205015/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, when I typed " dxdiag " it said n/a, last time I checked there was something written in it..

A:When I typed " dxdiag " it said n/a

Check your graphics drivers and install the latest one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-typed-dxdiag-it-said-n-a.204746/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a 250 GB Samsung Evo SSD 840 for my desktop (850 isn't available in Canada yet). I'm running Windows 7 but am considering upgrading to Windows 8 or Ubuntu (or dualboot/vmware). My work is technical and to keep up with the times I am considering Windows 8, though I don't have a touchscreen. I am not sure the kind of configuration to use and am open to ideas. The current hard drive I have is a slow 1TB one. I was planning on setting up the SSD as a cache.

EDIT: my motherboard is Asus p8z68-v le

A:Setup with 1TB harddrive and fast 250GB SSD

I would not recommend setting up a cache at all with that large capacity SSD. Usually people cache with 64GB SSDs, but in your case, you might as well just migrate data to the SSD and use the HDD for bulk storage (large files).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-with-1tb-harddrive-and-fast-250gb-ssd.204009/
Relevancy 34.83%

My sister's 13" MBP (2011) died a few hours ago. According to what she told me, she was using it, and then, poof, black screen and no power. She doesn't have the cash at the moment to have it properly checked by a tech, so I did a basic troubleshoot in an attempt to narrow things down.

While the internals are a bit dirty, I didn't see any obvious signs of physical damage (it was relevant to check for this). Furthermore, the machine doesn't seem to respond to any power sources. I tried a couple different power cables and, while the little amber light on the magsafe (sp?) tab will come on briefly, the computer with neither power on nor display a charge on the built-in charge indicator. I will also note that the machine failed while disconnected from an outlet source with a full battery indicated.

My initial conclusions are a) the computer fried itself or b) the battery is toast. Any suggestions?

A:2011 MBP 13" Won't Power Up

If no one here can offer any insight, I would post this to the Apple discussion forum. There are usually people there that can diagnose this from just a description so that is your best bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2011-mbp-13-wont-power-up.204013/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm wondering whether I can overclock my ASUS R500VD notebook it has an INTEL sandy bridge core I5 3210M 2.50 GHz processor 4GB (max 8) of ram running puppy linux and windows xp home edition SP2 32 bit I have benchmarked it and ill email the results to anyone who replys and gives me their email and if you're wondering why I'm running windows xp read my article in the Alternative OS section of the forums called "If all else is too hard try puppy linux" bye

A:Can I overclock my asus notebook 17"

Nope sorry, the I5 3210M isn't OC enabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-my-asus-notebook-17.202019/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,
I have an Acer Aspire Z5610 AIO computer.When I first bought it a few years back the @ and " were transposed.Hit the @ and " would come up and vice versa.At the time I contacted someone (can't remember who) and with their advice I was able to correct the problem.Due to age the PC was running v.slowly,painfully so.I decide to revert back to Factory default settings,unwisely it turns out,but the old problem of @ and " transposition is back.Has anyone out there got a solution to this problem.It is fixable as I have done it before,but how !!!
Thanks in advance,
Frank.

A:Keyboard @ and" are transposed

It's not really a problem particularly as you know which keys to press to get @ or ". This is one of the few differences between UK and US keyboard layouts. You can change the English language version from one of the options in Control Panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-are-transposed.203000/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 50.74%

My dell 1905fp finally crashed after a lot of years. I'm not a gamer, but I was very happy with that monitor.

Of course they no longer make it, and I understand refurbished monitors of this type are not necessarily a good option.

I can't seem to find reviews or comparisons which point the way to other similar monitors. I'm retired and just can't afford the $600 and way up price of what I've seen so far.

I just need a basic monitor with VGA and DVI, but would like the screen performance to be decent, incl for watching movies etc.

Any recommendations, and where to get a reasonable price? Again, don't want a wide screen.

Thanks much!

A:Reasonably priced 19" or 20" monitor, not wide-screen?

Nothing wrong with buying refurbs. They may have a few blemishes in the frame but nothing serious to keep them from functioning. I've bought a few myself and have had no issues with them. Although the monitors I bought were 20" widescreens that averaged $120 or less. For what you need/want, I wouldn't spend more than $150.

I know you said no widescreen, but movies do view better on widescreen.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-1905FP-Rotating-Landscape/dp/B00091R6KC - less than $100

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reasonably-priced-19-or-20-monitor-not-wide-screen.201641/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 33.97%

So newegg is offering the Acer 29" B6 B296CLbmlidprz IPS monitor for about 350. Seems like a pretty good deal but I can't find many reviews on it. I was wondering if anybody had any experience with this monitor and/or if you guys have better options for someone who is looking for an IPS monitor below 400 bucks. I want to game with it as well as do some 3d modeling and photoshop work. So I need reasonable response time for gaming. I was also looking at the HP ZR2440w and was gonna get that until I saw this deal on newegg for a larger monitor. 24" models are fine but if there are good deals on some 27" inch ones then I would be interested in those as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Question on Acer 29" monitor and other monitors

Heres the link for that monitor.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G1GC2421

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-on-acer-29-monitor-and-other-monitors.201698/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got new SSD - Transcend 128GB. Installed Windows. When I cold boot my PC -- from a shut off state -- I get this message before Windows loads: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key."

However, if I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and reboot I come into Windows.

If I enter BIOS from cold boot, it does not detect my SSD. After rebooting it detects my SSD. Seems like the SSD is slow at firing up?

I have run chkdsk and memory test without any errors.

My motherboard is the MSI Z87-G55.

A:"Reboot and select proper boot device"

Just installed newest BIOS, it didn't help.

When I go into Board Explorer in BIOS it says SATA port 1 is empty. After reboot it says the same port is occupied by my SSD.

Update: Plugged in another hard drive (non-SSD). Same rules apply to it. On cold boot, none of the drives are detected. After reboot, both drives are detected. I used a non-SSD as system drive before this, worked perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device.200351/
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently my network storage device has stopped me from accessing folders with the exception of music. All my pictures for the last 11 years are on it and not backed up anywhere else. Cannot find manual and have done reset but cannot remember URL to setup or admin username and password. Doesn't seem to be online and Edge is giving me no help whatsoever.

A:Edge DiskGo 3.5" network harddrive

Ouch if this is a NAS Device or has an IP you can use an app called FIng for your mobile device to find its ip so you can put it in the browser and get to the gui site. If you cant try fing you can use angry ip scanner for winwdows to find its ip.

If you want to try and recover files I would try recuva to obtain any data that has been lost. I am not sure if it is lost or just changed in the mapping.

As most guys will tell you here its very good idea to have three forms of back up. Local, external and online. If you don t know how to use fing or any of the software I duscusses please let me know. I will have links to the downloads below. Goodluck.

http://angryip.org/w/Download
For Fing just type in Fing in either google play or Itunes.
For Recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download/standard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/edge-diskgo-3-5-network-harddrive.200015/
Relevancy 30.1%

My Hp pavilliin g7 series laptop running windows 7 home starts up with white screen and no beeps or sounds . Started freezing on Hp logo screen last week only sometimes. Id turn off and it would work on second try. About a year and a half ago I used laptop to preview windows 8. And after I reinstalled windows 7 it has been acting funny. Ie freezing and louder fan noise. I did recently update the bios and a pci device driver that never installed. But now it has white screen this morning. I shut off and powered up and still white.
I took off battery and pressed power for 10 sec plugged back in and still white. Still no noise.
Any ideas?

A:HP G7 17" screen starts up white and stays white

Try attaching an external monitor and notice what it displays...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-g7-17-screen-starts-up-white-and-stays-white.199331/
Relevancy 49.88%

Operating System Windows Home Premium A few months ago I had purchased an INSTEN Composite AV Cable for Sony PlayStation and INSTEN mm Stereo to RCA Cable M F Inch Cm Black With these I connected the sound from my PlayStation through the Audio In jack on my computer This allowed for an audio transfer from PlayStation into computer and out the Speaker Jack in the back This has worked fine until February rd On February nd I had changed my W power supply for a W power supply Problem "In Audio Line" That day everything worked perfectly however the next day I heard a "In Line" Audio Problem humming and the sound was messed up I found out the cause was the power supply I changed out the new power supply for my old one Now my audio "In Line" Audio Problem is messed up I hear what sounds like an echo in the sound If I have the speaker volume set to I can hear the sound fine but only in the left speaker Any higher I hear interference and it sounds like it is being muffled The other problem is I can t play any music or sound without the Stereo Cable being plugged in Also the port is being labled as In Line in my Realtek HD Audio Manager If there is anything that I need to add let me know nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-line-audio-problem.199925/
Relevancy 49.88%

Yes yet another topic seemingly on one that has been asked many times before But this is definitely different The PC Windows enterprise an mdg vxi with dual NICs one is running to science equipment with a static ip - works fine the other connects to the company network well it s supposed to It s not actually on the domain yet because the network path can never be found because of this DNS issue The Issue I can ping any site by it s IP but never by its hostname I cannot load Yet another ping but title hostname" - different "can't any sites though the browser by using the IP the browsers IE lt -- it s our standard browser right now eww Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different and firefox although that s not really supposed to be installed cannot load anything According to windows the card is fully connected with internet access We have tried trying different Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different NICs as the Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different secondary ones removing the secondary and using only the onboard to connect externally giving it a static IP and entering the DNS servers - we ve tried our dns servers as well as googles public ones all cmd commands that I could think of - nbtstat ipconfig flush and reg DNS fixing the host file deleting the TCP IP stack plugged in a laptop just to make sure the port was okay and everything worked I ve pretty much done anything I can think of and anything I ve read online I m sure other things were tried I just can t remember everything I ve done or my team as done as we ve been working on this for over a week on and off I am cisco certified and took network engineering in school I even called in my networking brain trust back home and we couldn t figure this out I m thinking it s something the science company that came in to set up the machine did and I am hoping it doesn t have to be re imaged as they would have to be called back in to setup the machines again Anyone that solves this will be my hero forever nbsp

A:Yet another "can't ping hostname" title - but different

Any luck with this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-cant-ping-hostname-title-but-different.163897/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

My wife is pestering me to buy her a 10" tablet, which she'll use for surfing, watching videos, etc, and I wondered if anyone can please help me decide a good one for her. I never really delved into tablets before, myself being more of a desktop PC person. I decided to get her something Android based because it iPad seems to have its limitations.

What should I look out for when choosing a tablet? What version of Android, processor, CPU, RAM, storage capacity and screen resolution should I be looking for, do they all take SD cards or a means of data transfer, etc. She also wants the option to attach a keyboard to it. With regard to internal storage, I heard it's partitioned on some models so apps can only be installed in one partition and the other is for photos, documents, videos, media, etc; what minimum partiton size should we be looking at for installing apps nowadays. Can anyone recommend any models we should be considering?

Thanks.

A:What 10" tablet for my missus?

To make this simple. What Operating System you have on your PC or your wife PC. Should stick to what you have so you already know how to use it on the tablet.

Windows Users get Windows tablet
Surface RT, Pro, 2nd Gen (remember these cost more)
DELL has one for $299 8-inch. You wanted a 10-inch.

Now some Windows users have Android tablets because at the time there was much of choice even though Windows XP Tablet and Windows 7 Tablet options where available. Android tablets were used more.

If your both are on MAC apple get the iPAD 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. They do have 7-inch again 4:3 ratio tablet.

I have one Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit dual core 9.7-inch 4:3 ratio tablet. I use the touch pen with mine it's the same one for the iPad. Surface tablets uses digitize pen with 2 AAA batters inside.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-10-tablet-for-my-missus.199527/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea how to fix this.

I regularly plug in my laptop to my television to game or work and have had no issues other than some colors being slightly different. I played with the color settings and got it close, but the tweaker in me remembered reading that some people were getting more true color using the ycbcr444 color display settings. However, I didn't realize that my television does not support this format and now am unable to revert it back.

Is anyone aware of a way to do a full reset of the Nvidia control panel settings? I can't switch the color display modes for the external monitor if I do not have one plugged in, so this becomes a catch-22

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-not-supported-plight-of-rgb-and-ycbcr444.199275/
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

A:Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-here-game-on-a-30-2560x1600-monitor.198467/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey,
I woke up on May 10th 2013 & when it started up my laptop I saw this.

I was a bit scared, but I decided to run the following programs:
Mbam (AV)
DSKCHK
Disk cleanup
Disk defragmenter
Scan disk (SCR-scanow)
AVG tuneup
AVG (AV)
MSE (AV)
Restore point.
I do not know what happened, but I have posted on several other forums, but no answer.
Thanks,
Danawesome.

A:Repeated "bad image" error (think it's something to do w/laptop)

Did you fix this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-bad-image-error-think-its-something-to-do-w-laptop.198178/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. I've got a basic problem I guess: I messed up with the Realtek microphone settings and selected "Set Default Device". I tried to fix it but I kinda destroyed my mic. - friends tell me they can hear me like I'm closer to them and they hear me worse than before. I just need to unset the Set Default Device thingy but I don't really know how.. any idea?

A:Realtek Microphone "Set Default Device"

Try doing a system restore to a previous time in which this was working correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-microphone-set-default-device.197750/
Relevancy 49.88%

My external drive does not come up when plugged into any laptop or computer. It leaves a message saying it needs to be formatted. I say drive E for a second and then it never came back. How can I get my stuff out? please help.

A:WD external drive - "needs to be formatted before using"

Hi Cecilia. I would look through the post below and try one of the utilities for your WD drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-diagnostic-utilities-compendium.7602/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-needs-to-be-formatted-before-using.197384/
Relevancy 51.6%

My TB Western Digital External hard disc is not working My laptop switched off suddenly while copying files After restarted my laptop when I try to open my External hard disc drive G I m getting the message as quot Location is not available G is not accessible The drive cannot find the sector requested quot The Properties of the drive shows as Type Local Disk File system Used space bytes Free space bytes when clicking My computer- gt Manage- gt Disk Management under Storage in left find External cannot not drive - "The requested" the is hard working disc sector side I can able to see my External hard disc drive G The "The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working File System shows as quot RAW quot before it was NTFS Free as but I got around TB data Also I checked in different laptops but it shows the same error And finally I checked with quot Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows quot it passed the test I m so afraid about my datas stored in the hard disc All my projects photos and many important files stored in that hard disc I dont know what the problem is I cant find any solutions in Internet Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:"The drive cannot find the sector requested" - External hard disc is not working

Hey Allen. I would call Western Digital support and see what they say.Since you have data on it you need, I wouldn't play around with it, get some answers from the drive makers, and as is always said, have important data backed up in at least 2 different places, with at least one being to CD/DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-drive-cannot-find-the-sector-requested-external-hard-disc-is-not-working.197220/
Relevancy 45.15%

Not sure if I'm in the right section

Just unpluged my m audio delta 2496 card to do some other repairs. After reconnecting and powering up I have no sound in Cubase ( In device setup selecting m audio delta driver I get the following Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta" Now even windows system sounds don't work. Have tried re-installing 2496 driver....no go. Any suggestions would be welcome.

A:Error message "audio engine error could not activate asio driver m audio delta"

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Click the Upload a File button to upload and attach the file to your next TechSpot post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-audio-engine-error-could-not-activate-asio-driver-m-audio-delta.197151/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 51.6%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today I boot my 1 year old computer this message appears:

"Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP"

I did the F1 thing, reloaded my OC profile and everything seems fine right now. Anyone knows why this happened? And above all: what are the chances of this happening again on my next cold boot? How to fix?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 (LGA1155) 28 C
Graphics
E2250 ([email protected])
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 30 C
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Elitegroup) 28 C
ForceWare version: 326.80
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 25 C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12LS29 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

A:Press F1 to run SETUP

It could be possible your cmos battery is bad. Beings its a year old. I would think this would not be the case. But you never know how long the manufacter had the battery. Before installing the battery on your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/press-f1-to-run-setup.196470/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m trying to play warcraft with my friend and we just got a problem which can be solved through portforwading And so I did it But still my PFPortChecker keeps telling me the messege quot Your port is not open or not reachable quot So I don t know what I did wrong I have only one router I checked it with some program which can tell me if there is a router covering my router I ve opened the settings of my router got into Virtual Servers created new chosen ports in range - applied to all tcp and udp confirmed It looks like its working but its not I ve got my firewall turned off and even so I added rules there for those ports I even turned off my antivirus Still its not working - just saying that its not open or not reachable Any ideas I ll appreciate any help and sorry for my grammar I m not from english speaking country so there might be a lot of mistakes nbsp

A:"Your port is not open or not reachable."

Okay what are we working with here?

OS?
Router?
System Specs?
System OC?
System Tweaked to the Max?
System Ports Changed or on defaults? Meaning you haven't changed anything only on the Router.
Under Services.msc did you set the UPnP to auto/start/enable

In the Router make sure you have the system set to the Port you want open and IP address should be Reserved by mac address of the NIC.

Are we using any other layered firewall software?
Are you using a Proxy?
Are you using Private Browsing?

What firewall are you using on PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-port-is-not-open-or-not-reachable.195947/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an LED monitor and when I leave it powered off for an extended period of time (a few hours) and turn it back on the image 'pulses' and will sometimes force the monitor into sleep mode. If I unplug the power and plug it back in, the monitor works fine for as long as I have it on (even if it's on for hours). The same thing happens again when I power it down for a few hours or overnight.

Any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-pulsing-with-a-but.195656/
Relevancy 24.08%

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 33.97%

Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected. Usual fixes not applicable. It can be found in Disk management as Unallocated Or Under Device mgmt as one of the Disk drives. Please help how to retrieve my information.

Thanks in advance.

A:Apollo Imation 500GB 2.5" HDD is not detected in Win 7

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that since windows is seeing the hard drive, but not it's partitions - that something has messed up the file allocation table on the drive. Hopefully there's not something physically wrong with the drive. Some data recovery software should be able to "see" the data that windows cannot. I use a program called UFS Explorer ( http://www.ufsexplorer.com/index.php ) it works really well for drives that have data, but windows cannot see them. There are other data recovery programs/software out there, UFS Explorer is just what I am familiar with.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apollo-imation-500gb-2-5-hdd-is-not-detected-in-win-7.195183/
Relevancy 50.74%

This could sound confusing but please bare with me So I had a TB HD Sata with win I took it out and used a new SSD which I put Win on Then I hooked up a TB HD Sata as Storage Simple so far right Well now I want to get my documents Bookmarks etc off the quot OLD quot drive I figured simple like with IDE HD s but no When I hook it up as the only drive I get this message EFI Shell Version Current get do How main off Hard Data My Drive? I "former" running mode Map Cannot find required map name Press Esc in seconds to skip startup nsh any other key to continue shell id gt When I hook it up as the second How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive? drive After the SSD the drive doesn t show up I tried to put it in another PC by itself but it said something like it wasn t the disk for that PC Someone please tell me there is an easy way around this I googled a bunch of stuff and tried a few things with no luck I m hoping I m just frustrated and missing the obvious Thanks for any help nbsp

A:How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive?

How about unplugging ssd plug old drive back in then transfer stuff to ur 2tb once done unplug old and replug ssd ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-data-off-my-former-main-hard-drive.194502/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey everyone..do y'all know good headsets for gaming? What do you think about Biostar headphones"iDEQN10"? I have heard its new but I dont know if it is good? Does anybody have some experience with it?

I need atleast your personal insights or experience about it though google could give info. but it is still different if its a word from someone whos familiar with it. this is really unknown for me..hope I can hear your knowledge with this, will be glad to know introductions from it.

currently im using Sennheiser PX 200
Thanks!

A:Headset for gaming? "iDEQN10?"

Lol, I see you've posted this on multiple forums..

Give me more info on it. All I can find is this, which doesn't tell me much. Open or closed back? Either way, Google has no results for reviews... so good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-for-gaming-ideqn10.194577/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys
I have a 500G WD usb3 hard drive, I unmount it without safely remove, when I mounted it again can't open it and windwos need to be format it for useable, but I do some fix on it & now windows can search in files & find all data, I can see drive properties used/free space, anti virus can scan it with all data too.... but I cant open or explore it & don't open file/folders when I use windows search!!
Error :
N:\ is not accessible​Access is denied​ ​what I must do!!!?​

A:"WD hard" can't be open and explore

Which OS are you on for Windows XP, 7, 8? Also make sure there isn't any USB connections other than the mouse and keyboard. Also you might want to look for a program called USBDVIEW run that as the admin. What that does is searches your PC for multi-USB connections that are dead (disconnected) Those disconnections need to be removed off your PC. So you would select the red X to fix your issue.

Another way is to go into the System Device Manager then under USB Controllers and remove all of them. DO NOT DELETE driver. Then reboot the system. Windows will re-build the Controllers drivers.

If the WD 500GB passport gives you errors or you hear a clunk noise, then you need to place that drive into a ziplock freezer bag and stick a folded paper towel inside there (for moisture) Zip it up and place the drive into the freezer for 8 to 10 hrs. Take it out let it thaw then try using it again. Only do this if you have issues with the unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-cant-be-open-and-explore.193162/
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to know if the HDMI motherboard in a 60" Samsung Plasma TV can be used in a Sony Bravia 52" TV. The motherboard in my Sony died and I have access to one in a Samsung Plasma that's screen cracked.

A:Is a 60" Samsung Plasma HDMI motherboard compatible with a 52" Sony Bravia HDMI motherboard.

No, it would not be, in the past I had to repair a tv for a friend that had his board shorted that was an LCD Sony Bravia 52 Inch and its board was very specific as with all Sony Products. The Boards on the TV's are the hearts and the companies that built them don't allow for parts to be interchanged easily. Your best bet is ebay and finding the part number to find a board, that's how I got the one I used to fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-a-60-samsung-plasma-hdmi-motherboard-compatible-with-a-52-sony-bravia-hdmi-motherboard.193309/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey everyone I have an old laptop with a battery that lasts about h in quot Power Saving quot mode I m going to be stuck next week for about hours at a location with few available public outlets and need to stretch my battery life as much as possible I ve already for battery to Looking life extend ways "techie" done the obvious generic tips of quot defragging the hard drive quot quot dimming the screen quot quot using few no external devices quot quot tweaking my power usage settings quot etc but it s not enough I m looking for some good quot techie quot solutions now like quot underclocking the CPU quot or quot removing the CD drive quot All suggestions are appreciated I d love to try to squeeze another hours out of this battery if possible no I don t have another battery and don t need to buy one just for this one event Thx PS Another idea Removing HDD and booting from USB Flash drive nbsp

A:Looking for "techie" ways to extend battery life

Removing the HDD and booting from a flash drive is probably the worst decision you can make. Flash drives have very slow speeds (even though they are flash memory, they arent fast) and very little capacity. Keep the HDD.

There are only a few more ways to improve battery life other than dimming your screen and adjusting the power usage settings. Under-clocking the CPU is really done by the "power saving" mode.

Try these suggestions:
1) Run this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_battery_power_settings
2) Turn of your network adapter. There is usually a switch on the side of the PC that toggles the network adapter on and off. That will save you a ton of power. Also make sure bluetooth is off. I dont think your older PC will have it, but just make sure.
3) Use this tool to remove any unnecessary processes from start up. This will speed up your computer while also reducing the amount of processes that run (thus reducing CPU and RAM usage).

I can suggest other options, I just need your OS. If it is Windows 7, it is easy too, if it is XP, I cant really help there since I forgot the OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-techie-ways-to-extend-battery-life.192163/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a WD External SATA 1TB Hard Drive that has ~700 GB of family memories/movies/documents/etc and it is now connected to Windows 8.

The original housing it came in was unsurprisingly cheap and the connection piece broke. I re soldered it on and the connection was made but the drive threw nothing but errors. I figured I messed it up so bought an external case and assembled it. Now however, the drive does not show up under my computer but does in Disk Management.

Disk Management claims that the HD has the full TB unallocated and not initialized. I don't want to initialize it because I don't want to lose the information I have on it. Any idea on how to get this working?

I have downloaded and used the Data Lifeguard available at WD and the External has passed the Quick Test so drivers are all there and working.

Thanks

A:WD External Drive "not initialized" but has data on it?

Umm, I would try first connecting it back to whatever PC version you were using before (Assuming Windows 7) and seeing whats up.

If that does not work, try messing with the connection that you re-soldered and making sure its all done fully correctly, something may have gotten crossed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-not-initialized-but-has-data-on-it.193090/
Relevancy 30.53%

When I want to download (using IDM) the minitool partition wizard bootable iso file for partitioning from boot, I face the below message and can't do it.

I putted the message image below.
What's the problem please?

A:Problem when downloading Minitool partition wizard

Try to download it again from official website directly via: http://www.partitionwizard.com/products.html
Any more problem, you can simply contact the tech support via: [email protected]
Hope this can help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-when-downloading-minitool-partition-wizard.192917/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello All I have decided on the following Cooler Master Eisberg L Prestige Alphacool NexXxoS XT Radiator mm And I m deciding on a GPU block at a later date when the new Nvidia cards come out I Setup together Linking Watercooling help was hoping to set it up Watercooling Setup Linking together help as Pump Reservoir is built onto the CPU block which makes this all very easy supposed to anyway and is upgradable so you can add an extra few items to the loop I was hoping to mount the mm radiator it comes with to the top of my case and the extra mm radiator to the back of my case I was hoping having the mm radiator cool the water before it entered the graphics card block would help yield better results and thus the fans can run at a slower speed I m not trying to break any records and certainly don t plan on overclocking a whole much I just find water cooling much quieter in general compared to a multi-fan heatsink and a load of case fans plus the fans on the GPU My question is can this be done I m rubbish at checking the tubing sizes and what I need to actually connect it all up preferably white hose Any advise would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Watercooling Setup Linking together help

Unless getting this kit for the same amount of money would be better?

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LTST-Full-Kit_30211.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-setup-linking-together-help.192663/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all I am going to be buying new HDD s and would setup Raid0 New Here, like to setup a raid on them using New Here, Raid0 setup windows bit I also would like to install a rd SSD for Ubuntu type drive in my optical bay I have no clue as to the proper order for this operation optical replacement first or raid setup first I am not totally new to computers but I have mainly worked with desktops before I do understand my laptop though as I have opened it up for HDD and RAM upgrades and the Optical bay looks pretty simple with only a few screws to remove I need step by step instructions for the raid setup and where to get the drivers for it if windows bit DVD does not have them already The installation of the SSD into the optical bay is no problem nor is installation of the dual Hybrid drives I ll be getting so it s mostly the software setup of things for the raid I was going to enter some links to the gear I would like to get but this site gave me some BS about Kismet So I will leave them out for now Let me know if you need to know the gear to help me here For now my system is the G sx If there is a better bay replacement HDD or SSD that you know and has awesome reviews please let me know I like to buy things on Amazon for the most part as the return process has been excellent for other things before just in case I should point out also that this rig will be gaming mostly with the ssd ubuntu setup for everything else and to play around with Linux for fun Thanks Ahead nbsp

A:New Here, Raid0 setup

HALT, STOP, DESIST;

Rule 1:- never use raid-x for a BOOT device.

Rule 2:- don't assume that Raid-0 is "faster" or that Raid-1 "doesn't require backup"

Rule 3:- Raid is a Server feature, not intended for the home user.

Now then, go read all you can about Raid before you spend $0.10 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-here-raid0-setup.192766/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m running the latest version of Firefox along Firefox The it Rolling Stones,"Paint Does Black"..Literally! with the extensions quot Video Download Helper quot amp quot NoScript quot This is on a G IGP Intel board w GBs of system RAM After perhaps tabs are open FF will black out when scrolling black out tabs or entire window sets and finally crash My other quot art collector machine quot P- GBs of DDR same browser but only quot NoScript quot Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! will open literally hundreds without complaint Although at some point I suppose Firefox does simply get grossed out and exits Anyway the color value of pure black is So it seems to me that Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! a some point the color management can no longer retain the color information necessary and the registers go to zero So my guess is it s acting like it s running out of Vram Yes there s a question in here somewhere Have any of you experienced this Or do any of you think a discreet graphics card might help Or perhaps more importantly do any of you agree or disagree with my diagnosis nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-does-the-rolling-stones-paint-it-black-literally.192696/
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently purchased a TB External HDD for work and I cannot access it media" HDD, 7 "no External will computer ryecognize Windows Samsung not through quot My Computer quot Following is the situation - Plugged in the SATA and recognized drive and downloaded most current drivers - Recognized by computer in quot Disk Management quot as the device is running properly - Attempted changing the drive letter with no resolution I tried every letter change from F to Z - Recognized in the quot Disk Management quot window but has printed below it quot No Media quot - Attempted USB Clean Up but this didn t resolve the problem - Tried on a different Windows computer with the same issue - Trouble shot all of the cables and USB ports with no resolution - Tried several different configurations for plugging unplugging restarting etc with no resolution - Installed and ran most recent Windows Update - Went to product website with no resolution Please if you have any suggestions or recommendations please help Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" I do need this very much for Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media" work nbsp

A:Windows 7 Samsung computer will not ryecognize External HDD, "no media"

What Manufacturer and Model is the HDD? Also, on Windows 7, I believe the max partition size a computer can recognize is 1TB, so a suggestions is using Disk Management, seperate it into separate partitions of 750 gb or so, then just link them in a RAID configuration. This will allow Windows 7 to recognize it as a single drive, but will also allowed you to use the full 3TB of space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-samsung-computer-will-not-ryecognize-external-hdd-no-media.192310/
Relevancy 44.29%

My brother messaged me asking for my expertise, but I don't deal a lot with hardware.

He needs it for compiling, it won't be used for gaming.
Required:
A minimum of 8 gigs RAM
CPU
Motherboard
RAM
HDD
PSU
Case
He is open to integrated graphics.

$600-$700 budget.

I told him I didn't know much about GPU/CPU/MB mixin' n matchin' and that I would ask around.

Where should he start?

A:Building a "rig"

What is the price range? What games will he be playing? What programs will he be using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-rig.192086/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I m setting up my PC amp stuck between set of options Both of the setups fits within Rs - which is my budget I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking only single threaded applications I want the best cpu clock speed amp overall graphics possible and also which will serve me good for atleast to years My options are AMD FX- MSI A-G AMD Motherboard AMD ATI HD GB GDDR AMD A - K ASUS F A -M-PRO Motherboard ASUS AMD ATI HD GB GDDR CrossFire-ed with the APU help PC Setup Graphics I don t know whether the MSI mobo I mentioned in the st option is the best but it is surely PC Setup help one of the cheapest If there are any other good amp cheap am mobo and or any gfx card that fits in the budget please mention Also if you think that any other combo of these three viz CPU GPU amp Mobo suits my requirements amp budget better PC Setup help please suggest Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-setup-help.192000/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hiya My friend is going abroad to study and will likely be away from home for a period of - years During this time my friend of course won t have a whole lot of cash to work with but will attempt to also find work while abroad I don t know my friends budget I m afraid but I m wanting "gaming" laptop $999 a under for Suggestions to aim for something below the average cost of a quot and or quot Macbook Pro I think that s like Both and will work for suggestions My friend does a lot of the standard office kind of work powerpoints document-pushing and just maybe the occasional spreadsheet Other than that my friend is a bit of a gamer liking to play Free To Play games like League of Legends However the possibility exists that my friend might take up Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999 StarCraft as well On top of this there s the usual browsing of video-sharing and blog-posting websites To top it all off my friend also engages and will engage more in image and video-editing Thus it has to be a laptop and it has to be a decent one which can do a bit of everything Since this is to attempt to beat the steep pricing of a mac I d like for any suggestions to stay below However if it s a very good deal suggestions of above that are also welcome P S I m just doing this to help my friend but I m also helping my friend with many other things related to this But it s a bit much so I thought I d perhaps be able to crowd-source some help My friend however hasn t requested help at all so it s also a bit of a quot surprise quot Thank you nbsp

A:Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999

MacBooks are not for gaming generally. The cheapest MBP only has Intel graphics, which are slow, heck it will play LoL and SC2 but at low settings. I would go with the Lenovo Y580: https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A
It has a GTX 660M which will play SC2 just fine. But unfortunately, most models have been sold out on Lenovos site, so there is only 1 left, and it doesnt have a 1080P screen like the others do. Plus no deals are going on now. I looked at other notebooks <$999 and they all had 1GB 650Ms, which are fine, but 1GB is pushing it nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-laptop-under-999.190960/
Relevancy 23.22%

Our internet goes from:

Comcast modem to a
Dlink DIR-655
To computers or through a switchbox to other parts of the house
In the basement, is another switch box, and off that switchbox is,
Belkin 85c Wireless router, that we use as an access point
Works well but it says it has the ability to have a guest login, that will allow visitors to get to the internet, but are blocked from our LAN.

I've spent hours trying to set the guest login up, the access point can be seen by a computer/etc, but when they connect, they cannot get to the internet.

the windows 7 computers try to set up an unidentified public network.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing, but I've got close to 20 hours invested in it, and need to protect my network.

the Windows 7 notebook said that it could not connect with a "homegroup".

A:Belkin 85c wireless router, used as an access point. Guest setup?

Hmm; I cant find "Belkin 85c Wireless router" on the Belkin Support site - -
Are you sure of that make/model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-85c-wireless-router-used-as-an-access-point-guest-setup.190913/
Relevancy 48.16%

I continuously get this problem on my laptop and I have no idea why it is occurring. I just fixed it by running a system restore but I think it may happen again.
What can I do to stop this from happening?
Please help!

A:"Attempting to authenticate"

What gives you that error message? Windows? If you're not specific it can be very hard to tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/attempting-to-authenticate.190186/
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 51.6%

If you can help me solve my problem I will be more than happy to compensate you for your time! (PayPal)

Okay so to be precise, it is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6857

The problem is that the computer will completely shut off at any given time. It will sometimes boot into windows but it will be a black screen with only the cursor until a blue screen pops up that I never have enough time to read through. It won't stay on trying to install a new OS or in the Setup Manager.
What I've tried:
Removing hardware one by one to see if it was the problem
Completely cleaned heatsink
Removed battery and ran only with power cord
Power drain
Replaced motherboard with a used but working one

Let me know if you need anymore information.
Thank you in advance for your time!

A:Looking for help with a "random shut down" problem with a Toshiba Satellite A305

The blue screen should produce a minidump file. Locate this file on your pc and upload it please.

Usually in c/windows/minidump.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-help-with-a-random-shut-down-problem-with-a-toshiba-satellite-a305.188893/
Relevancy 24.51%

Purchased a Epson WF-3540 printer for home use. Cannot get my computer to detect the printer on wireless network during software setup. Here is what I have:

1. Computer detects printer with usb cable connected and prints perfectly.
2. Printer detects wireless network and has 3 green bars.
3. Printer passed all its internal network connection checks and everything seems OK on the network status printout.

Installed software on my laptop and it too could not detect the printer on wireless network.

So I'm able to set the printer on my wireless network but can't the computer to detect or recognize it. Any suggestions?

A:Wireless setup

Make sure you connect with ONE or the OTHER but never both.
I suspect you would rather have the wireless connection, so go to devices & printers and delete the USB connected device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-setup.187949/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello all. It's time to get a new monitor, in the $500 or lower range.

I have a gtx 670 graphics card.

Can anyone offer some input on narrowing down the options?

Will be used for gaming. Do I go for a 2560 x 1440 resolution?

A:27" monitor suggestion, less than $500

I don't think that 2560 x 1440 is the way to go for you. You won't find very many decent 2560 x 1440 monitors under $500 dollars. Also, the GTX 670 doesn't like high resolutions, so you may end up turning the resolution down for a lot of new games.

This is a great monitor for $500:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236293

It's got a great response time, is 3D ready, and has a 144Hz refresh rate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/27-monitor-suggestion-less-than-500.188544/
Relevancy 35.26%

Got a customer that came in with a External HDD To cut a long story short basically what is going on is that recovery 2.5" HDD Windows doesn t recognize the drive being there under Computer but under Disk Management the drive is there I ve taken the drive out of its enclosure and directly input the SATA connector to the Mobo but under Disk Management its not assigned a letter and the name is actually blank I ve already tried to assign it a letter but it unfortunately doesn t allow me to do that 2.5" HDD recovery So to recap Disk Management see s it but Computer doesn t So what I have done so far to try to fix this problem is first I ran Spinrite ran it at level and it couldn t fix the issue Second I have tried the freezer trick none of those worked Now the drive isn 2.5" HDD recovery t making any obvious sounds no clicking or whirling sounds Sounds like a functioning drive and spins up just fine Id try to do a CheckDisk but id need to be able to assign it a letter to command chkdsk to fix volumes F amp R on that drive to work If anybody has any work around or a temporary hotfix for me id appreciate it I only need it to work once to be able to transfer files over onto my Tech HDD nbsp

A:2.5" HDD recovery

Nevermind, after hours upon hours of grueling testing and troubleshooting I found that the problem was that it was a HDD for a mac/linux. I had to go into unbuntu and mess with Nautilus to be able to get the permissions to access the drives folders.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-5-hdd-recovery.188578/
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to choose on which wifi adapter the virtual hosted network will be created Because I am using an external USB adapter with stronger antenna but windows prefers the internal one I use both of them what makes it more difficult if not I could simply deactivate it the it will choose the external automatically any advises There could be a simple solution to my problem If to Virtual - adapter how Wi-Fi specific "hostednetwork" Wi-Fi select as a I deactivate the other adapter it Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" will automatically start the hosted network on the active adapter netsh wlan start hostednetwork Is Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" there a way Virtual Wi-Fi - how to select a specific Wi-Fi adapter as "hostednetwork" to deactivate a specific wifi adapter per batch file That would be a trick to get the hosted network on the desired adapter The script should include three steps deactivate the wifi adapter that I don t want to use as hosted network netsh wlan start hostednetwork reactivate the wifi adapter So I could simply run this script as a scheduled task on boot up or login Anyone can help me Thx nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virtual-wi-fi-how-to-select-a-specific-wi-fi-adapter-as-hostednetwork.187455/
Relevancy 51.6%

At random times, the CTRL key on my laptop will act as if it is constantly pushed down. I am unable to type and it is annoying. I have turned off sticky keys, and have tried pushing both the left and right CTRL keys simultaneously to turn it off. The only solution is a reboot of the computer. Is there anyway I can fix this??

A:CTRL key "stuck" on laptop, Asus N55S series, Windows 7

It may be time to replace the keyboard. They're not expensive and relatively easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ctrl-key-stuck-on-laptop-asus-n55s-series-windows-7.186720/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I m having issues with my latency and I think I know the cause Today while trying things to fix the problem I stumbled upon this page in my router telling how many open sessions each connected device currently has On my network there are connected devices both are pc s One mine has a wired connection while the other roommate has a wireless connection My amount of open sessions ranges from to with peaks to while my roommate has to with peaks to I read up on the internet and came to the conclusion that this is not good I also read that these issues are often spyware virus related There is only one problem in fully determining roof through the Sessions" latency, High "Open the cause I don t have any access to my roommates computer If I m sure of the cause I can alert him about it but otherwise there s nothing I can do about his end One last thing I read about it was that the router may High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof also be doing something wrong with the sessions but I don t quite understand what that was Something about keeping old sessions or something maybe someone else knows more about this Any help would be massively appreciated Marty P S I ran quot CurrPorts quot on my computer when about sessions were running and it came up with a list of around unkown processes system processes and chrome processes nbsp

A:High latency, "Open Sessions" through the roof

The unknown processes are sockets which have been closed and awaiting to be cleared - - not to worry, BUT
which CurrPorts column heading are you seeing this in?

btw: Your OS and the version of CurrPorts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-latency-open-sessions-through-the-roof.186940/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 51.17%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 51.6%

Recently this has come to light during my own research into mobile GPUs that are currently available on the market as I ve been considering replacing my aged i - M laptop with M GPU I had switching technology mobile graphics AMD problems... has "Enduro" even placed an order and paid for a machine but after reading much about the issue none of it from AMD themselves other than quot For those with M - Enduro issues are also being investigated quot by http twitter com CatalystCreator back on the th of August I cancelled before the unit was completed and shipped This is mostly a problem for Clevo EM EM based laptops which AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... have no way of bypassing the Enduro graphics switching unlike Alienware products which have a hardware switch Basically there is something very wrong with this immature technology Users are finding under utilisation of their cards for example Battlefield person multiplayer AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... fps dips with AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems... lower recorded GPU utilisation when it should be going flat out Even worse is when the graphical settings are lowered to try and allow for more fps to be pumped out by the GPU the situation does not improve It is as if the Enduro tech is deciding that the lower workload required at lower resolution or graphical settings means it can lower utilisation further This means that someone with FPS issues at Ultra settings can drop to Medium settings and not see any improvement in output Threads about this http www rage d com board showthread php t http forums guru d com showthread php t http hardforum com archive index php t- html And many others Facebook awareness page https www facebook com Amd mEnduroUtilizationAwareness ref ts Many owners of systems with M graphics cards are now concerned with AMD s reluctance to comment on the problems that they are just going to try and sweep it under the carpet and move on to the next generation of GPU with the next generation of Enduro perhaps one that works No one is exactly sure if the problem is even something that can be overcome with a software driver or whether it is a hardware issue that the Clevo based laptops are stuck with nbsp

A:AMD mobile graphics switching "Enduro" technology has problems...

The silence from AMD on this is deafening. I honestly can't in good conscience recommend anything AMD related unless they get this situation fixed. The fact that they have tried to silence other manufacturers on forums says a lot. I would feel much better if they were just open about it and said what they are doing to fix the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-mobile-graphics-switching-enduro-technology-has-problems.185018/
Relevancy 50.74%

Every now and then my monitor looses it's signal "no signal" is only thing on screen however when shut computer down and restart it the monitor is fine.

Would this be my video card going? or just the drivers?

I have Geforce 8800 GT (512 mb)

also I have a
geforce GT 220 is this one better than the 8800?

A:Monitor "no signal" and video cards?

DLambie said:

geforce GT 220 is this one better than the 8800?Click to expand...

No
The 220 is less than half the performance value of an 8800. Of the 200 series, you would need a 260 to better a 8800.

Personally, I'd go for GTX 550Ti or better as they are the newest GPU's and use less power for their performance level.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-signal-and-video-cards.183921/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.

A:Stuck "x" key

a HAMMER ? :sigh: Sorry for the cheap joke at your expense, but this happens all the time with laptops.
A roommate has the 'M' all over the place immediately upon logon (sometimes during messing up the pwd).

Plan on a trip to the PC Repair Shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-x-key.183955/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey Guys,

I recently got a new laptop with two drives, my 120GB SSD which I boot from, and a 750GB HDD.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to keep crap that I don't want off my SSD as I would like to actually be able to install a few programs on it. I have tried going into the registry and changing "ProgramFilesDir", "ProgramFilesDir (x86)", ProgramW6432Dir", "CommonFilesDir", "CommonFilesDir (x86)", and "CommonW6432Dir" to my HDD with limited success - I cant remember if I rebooted before I tested it out, but I believe I did.

At anyrate, if you have and tips/suggestions for managing my files with multiple drives I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Matt

A:Multi-drive setup

The single best thing you can do is map the "home" folders over to the mechanical disk. A SSD with 120GB is more than enough for the OS and pretty much all applications, as I currently use a 64GB SSD to do the same thing.

What you want to do is click start, then go to your "home" folder, and you'll see this:

All of your folders can be mapped to another disk, stopping files from building up on your SSD. To change the location of the folder, select a folder, then click the right mouse button, and choose properties.

Click the location tab, and then click move, and select the new location (create the folder on your mechanical disk with the same name e.g. my example is "Desktop," and I have it located on my 2TB mechanical disk.

Here is the folder I've created on my larger disk:

Select the folder, and press "select folder", then click apply, and "yes" when asked if you'd like to move the files in the existing folder to the new location. Repeat for all of your "home" folders.

In future all files will build up in the "home" folders on your mechanical disk, not your SSD.

I have several Adobe CS6 titles, as well as Office 2013, and around 50 other applications all installed on my SSD along with Windows 7 Pro, and I've still got 14.4GB free, so you should have considerably more free space on yours.

Installing applications on the SSD means they can use the increased performance it offers. However, there is little point installing games on the SSD, as the difference it makes is minimal, as the only time it "feels" faster is when loading maps or between turns. Games also use considerably more space than most applications do, so its not a very cost-effective way of utilising the SSD's limited storage.

You can install applications to another disk by changing the install location during setup. I'd advise you either create a separate partition for them if you intend to do so, but also keep to the same format (e.g. create a Program Files and Program Files X86 folders, and install them as required inside there.

As you'll see from the "my computer" image above, I have my games on a separate partition, and data on another (both make up a 1TB disk) which I use as a second location should I need to install storage heavy applications.

It is not recommended to make registry changes or to manually drag and drop "Program File" folders onto the mechanical disk as it can cause all manner of problems. If you want to move them, I recommend you first uninstall the application, then re-install it in the new location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-drive-setup.184798/
Relevancy 24.51%

im trying to put together a pc from parts I already own, how ever I have problems with understanding compatbility with hardware. perhaps if someone has the time they might be able to help me?

I have an antec nsk4400 case what type of mother board can I use with this
also I have a pair of 1gig (2gigs total) ram that is PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs I would like to add another pair of 2gig PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs for a total of 6gigs so im assuming the mother board has to have 4 slots for ram and also support PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs
I was hoping to find a compatible setup using these components and also would like to add a processor with built in graphics how hard is this to accomplish? if it helps my main goal is to have a decent gaming pc that can run gw2 and league of legends with ease.

A:Barebone setup

also these are the system requirements for both games thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out

LOL
Minimum System Requirements:
?2 GHz processor
?1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
?2 GB available hard disk space
?Shader version 2.0 capable video card
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
?Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
?3 GHz processor
?2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
?6 GB available hard disk space
?GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
?Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
?The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

GW2
Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-setup.184510/
Relevancy 51.6%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 33.97%

I got a advent 7204 with no hard drive but loads of laptops in work so wondering if I can take hard drive from one and put it in ? thanks in advance

A:Can I put any hard drive in my laptop as long as it's 2.5"?

Most likely yes. But there are 2 potential hangups.

I googled it and that only had a 100GB hd in it stock, so there is a fair chance it isn't a sata drive. So you won't be able to replace it with a sata drive. The other one is if its a real compact laptop, some laptop drives are taller (thicker) than others, most of the time this isn't a problem, and most drives aren't the thick ones unless they were the biggest drives available in that size at their release time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-put-any-hard-drive-in-my-laptop-as-long-as-its-2-5.182500/