Windows Support Forum

Can not copy data from old SATA to a new system SATA

Q: Can not copy data from old SATA to a new system SATA

I boot XP SP1 from SATA1 (ST3160827AS-RK 160GB Seagate). I connected another sata drive (6Y160MO 160GB Maxtor ) from my old PC to SATA2. SATA controller resides on VIA chip on mobo ASUS A8V-E Deluxe. I want to copy data from the old drive (SATA2 - partitioned into c:,d:,e: on an old XP system with XP installed on c to the new one (SATA1). BIOS and Device Manager see both drives. My Computer and Disk Manager do not see the cecond drive. Is there a way to access the second disk ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-copy-data-from-old-sata-to-a-new-system-sata.29595/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can not copy data from old SATA to a new system SATA

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 16.34%

I've done no overclocking, no advanced work whatsoever. Every time I try to google my issue, all of the solutions seem to be based around the person with the issue overclocking their system thus causing high tempuratures. This is not that issue.

On to the actual problem, my motherboard reports temperatures of 69c when running any program that takes any worthwhile amount of system resources (and some that don't), in particular, most games. CPU and GPU tempuratures seem far lower, around 30-40c. Assuming the sensor isn't to blame (and it isn't, if the feel of the case is any indication), are there any reliable ways to lower MB tempurature with simple BIOS and power settings?

Running an old F1a55-M (FM1) on Win 7 Home Premium, SP1.

EDIT: The motherboard idles at 47, which also seems high. I've changed locations for better airflow several times and wonder if I just flat-out need a larger case.

A:Question re: system temperatures

Fans running, dust?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-re-system-temperatures.217445/
Relevancy 21.5%

I've said time and time again that solid state drives are the future but the truth of the matter is, traditional spinning disks still have a place inside a modern PC as a storage / backup drive. The question then becomes,...

Read more

A:Latest hard drive reliability data reveals it may be best to avoid 3TB drives

Well I'm glad I have never bought a Seagate HD. I usually buy Western Digital, except my SSD is Samsung.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latest-hard-drive-reliability-data-reveals-it-may-be-best-to-avoid-3tb-drives.208285/
Relevancy 16.34%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi,

I've got a S1150 system, which - as we all know - has a very limited amount of PCI-Express lanes. I recently invested in a couple NZXT S340 cases, and I find them extremely cramped for cable management. I'm considering dumping my dual SATA3 SSD raids in these computers in favor of M2 SSD's to eliminate some of the cable mess, but I'm wondering how this will affect my graphics card performance, as I believe this would cut my graphics card's PCI-Express lanes down to x8 (3.0), just as if I was using a PCI-Express SSD.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this type of setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m2-ssd-on-s1150-system.216427/
Relevancy 24.94%

Bought a new to me (used) HP TouchSmart tm2 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium installed. However, after the first few uses upon start up I am getting messages telling me that hard drive failure is eminent. I did not get any back up or restore disks with the laptop so I would like to make an image or copy of the hard drive so I can install a new hard drive and copy the image on the new one.

What is the easiest, most economical way to go about this?

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this should be in another section!!

Rudy

A:New (to me) laptop, need to copy harddrive

Immediately back up everything of value to a USB Flash Drive because your hard drive can crash at any second and recovery of info off of a crashed drive costs serious $.

Can you link us to this laptop? There are inexpensive ways to transfer/clone your hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-me-laptop-need-to-copy-harddrive.215869/
Relevancy 15.91%

Here ya go T, the final product...well probably not

2.2Kw Holodeck 7

[email protected]
Gigabyte GA-990-FXA-UD7 (rev 1.1)
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz
4 X HD 7970 Quadfire
1x Corsiar AX1200W
2x FSP Group X5 500W =1000W
1XNexXxos XT45mm x 360mm Rads
2 x NexXxos XT45mm x 240mm Rads
1x NexXxos XT45mm x 120mm Rads
3X VPP-655 Pumps
1X Phobya DC-12-400 Pump
Koolance 370 CPU Block
4 x Heatkiller GPU X-3 Waterblocks
Rad Fans: Coolermaster Excalibur
Bitspower & Monsoon Fittings
Primochill Advanced LRT Tubing
Case CoolerMaster Cosmos 2
Heatkiller X-3 Multilink Quad Bridge
BitsPower Z-Multi 250mML Reservoir
Eyefinity 3+1 Extended 5760 x 1080-25" Monitors

I did end up going full parallel on the GPU's They go from idle @ 28c to 36c under load (Heaven 4.0)

Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all,

My friend's USB flash memory has data (its drive shows that there is data in it) but when I double click on it to open it and see the contents, it doesn't show any folders and files! I did the following works:

1- I scanned it by my updated kaspersky AV. but no threat found
2- Scanned by windows defender tool. same result!
3- scanned by malwarebytes anti-malware. same.
4- cmd (run as administrator) -> go to its drive (e.g., H:, when H is my flash drive) and typing the attarib -s -h *.* /s /d command. It could not to show the data.

All my attempts faced failure till now.

Can anyone help me please?

A:USB flash memory has data but doesn't show the contents

Salam
Go to cmd (run as administrator) -> go to its drive (e.g. H: where H is my flash drive) and type the attrib -s -h *.* /s /d
Now flash will show the data.
Your attrib spelling was wrong correct them
Try it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-flash-memory-has-data-but-doesnt-show-the-contents.193421/
Relevancy 15.48%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm in deep doggy-doo.

When my 2TB Sata-III drive wasn't being recognized (ported to a new build), I pulled the data cable off to check the connection and off came the little plastic tab that guides the plug onto the pins!

Without it, there is nothing to press contact between the cable & pins, let alone hold the cable firmly in place.

Worse, I can't even plug it in to rescue the data off it! I suspect I must have damaged the connection somehow when I plugged it in. The pins appear fine (within reason considering what happened.)

Gluing the tab back in place is no help if the connection still doesn't work and I need to unplug it again.

Am I screwed or is there a way around this mess (short of paying hundreds to some recovery service)?

A:Plastic tab on SATA drive port broke off

Oh boy do I know the feeling, I once pulled off the same thing from a month old mobo, but I was able to find a replacement in a shop and soldered it back, maybe you can do the same ? Try finding a female SATA and soldering the other end of it to the HDD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/plastic-tab-on-sata-drive-port-broke-off.209316/
Relevancy 22.36%

This laptop will not save documents or files to the hard drive. They are there when initially saved, but disappear when the system is next switched on.

Anyone help me pls...

A:Laptop Fail to save any data to harddisk

You need to say whether you are new to computers or not and which Windows operating system you have. I remember when we first got a computer many years ago the wife thought that I'd deleted her work. In fact we didn't know whereabouts it was saved and couldn't find our way around. If you are a beginner using Windows 7 try clicking on the Start button and then Documents in the menu that opens to the right. By default that's where things are saved but you can use the Save As option and choose a different location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-fail-to-save-any-data-to-harddisk.208753/
Relevancy 51.6%

For some reason my Inspiron 5537 laptop intermittently chooses not to detect the DVD/CD rom drive. Discs can be read in the drive at random times, but usually I'm not able to use this drive. When checking the setup utility F2 . . . I noticed that the SATA ODD is not detected. Just yesterday it was detected (no changes were made to the computer during that interval). Is this a driver issue? I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting.

A:(SATA ODD) not detected

It's a recent model so if it's under warranty I'd make use of it. You could try uninstalling the device in System Properties, Device Manager. Restart the laptop and see if the drive is detected with the default Windows drivers. Dell computers are well designed for maintenance and you could remove the drive and then reconnect it in case it's loose. That's most likely done by removing the battery, undoing one or two screws on the bottom and sliding out the optical drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-odd-not-detected.208320/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello there,
You can't buy these any more, and there's nothing on ebay.
Anyone have any ideas or one to sell. please let me know!
-Lisa renee

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-control-pod-for-altec-lansing-fx4021-speaker-system.207745/
Relevancy 16.34%

My graphics card previously got wet and frankly I don t know enough about computers in order to know what part to order for this How can I find the best graphics card for this system Or more simply can someone tell me what is the best card this system can support Information below Field Value Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name STARFISH User Name Patrick Motherboard CPU Type DualCore system? for Best graphics card this Intel Pentium Best graphics card for this system? D MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF SCSI RAID Controller Intel R ICH R DH SATA RAID Controller Disk Drive ST AS Disk Drive WDC WD AAKX- ERMA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Belkin Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB nbsp

A:Best graphics card for this system?

Look for a model number printed on your motherboard, usually printed around the CPU area.

The info you provided only tells us you are using a Pentium D. Most likely an 820 (could also be either 915 or 920) but not positive. In any case this would be an LGA775 platform, which usually has a PCIe x16 slot. But without knowing the model number of the motherboard so we can check, I'm not going to swear on PCIe x16 support. I am leaning toward PCIe x16 support, since you stated having a graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphics-card-for-this-system.207505/
Relevancy 24.51%

See picture below. Any ideas? Ive cleaned the rollers, and the main charger, and pretty much anything else I can find in the copier. Havent replaced the toner cartridge though. Originally there was toner all over the place and the dotted line was a solid black line. Performing the aforementioned maintenance items got rid of the thick black line but now this remains.

Any help is appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-km3530-copier-copy-problems.207362/
Relevancy 15.91%

Error 0x4001100200001012 attempting to boot from the System Repair CD created on a Dell.

Apparently, this is specific to Dell and their Hack with DataSafe. You can use any System Repair CD generated on some other platform and it will give you access to restore your System Image. Google using that error code and you'll find lots of info. A Windows Install disk will work too.

I have a SR cd from another system and it works just fine :whew:

Don't get caught up a creek w/o a paddle - - if you plan on using a System Image to recover a system,
make sure you have the tools which will allow that image to be restored - - DON'T ASSUME!

background: I'm seeing SMART data that corroborates my laptop HD is degrading and I wanted to prove I could restore when the replacement arrives. As this Dell laptop is a pain to open up, I didn't want to go down in flames due to procedural errors or lack of familiarity. ( I'll never by another Dell )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/caveat-emptor-dell-system-repair-disk.207223/
Relevancy 74.82%

This call for help is apply to any one could provide help about the jmb363 jumpers setting combination to make the 2 internal sata and 2 external e-sata work at the same time , THANK YOU
AND HERE IS THE LINK FOR MY JUMPER : http://sam-2014.weebly.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/jmb363-jumpers-setting-pci-express-sata-e-sata-ide-card.206627/
Relevancy 12.9%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello, and thank you in advance.

I'm building a computer for my Dad, and need help choosing the CPU/motherboard. He will only use it for internet browsing, email, youtube, office etc. No gaming whatsoever.

I'm assuming a CPU with built in graphics is best. I've only built higher end gaming machines, and know very little about integrated graphics.

So my question is, what is the best cpu/motherboard combo that isn't overkill for a simple system like this?

A:CPU for a non-gaming system

I will assume there are no CPU intensive application. And with the assumption make a statement that there are no PC configurations today that will not suffice for these needs.

Anything with dual cores or more should be fine for these needs. If this wasn't the case, people wouldn't be buying tablets for the same purposes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-for-a-non-gaming-system.204662/
Relevancy 49.45%

I am thinking about getting a docking station. But I am a little confused on what the advantages or disadvantages or using either. Or should I just stick with using my software?

A:Dual vs Single SATA Docking Station, for Clonging

I have a copy station which takes two hard drives and have found it easy to use and reliable. The only drawback I've noticed concerns the relative sizes of the two drives. There's no problem copying from a small hard drive to a larger or equal sized SSD drive. You can then use software to rearrange and resize partitions. However, if you have a large hard drive and want to copy to a smaller SSD drive it's not possible. Mind you it is a few years since I bought my copy station so that may have changed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-vs-single-sata-docking-station-for-clonging.204876/
Relevancy 50.31%

Sorry I must not have sent the last post correctly I am new to this site So I will try again I was getting ready to upgrade to bigger hard drive or drives Before doing that I needed to take the old hard drives out to obtain some information off the labels I did so and while they where out I cleaned the Mounting slots a little better than using just No drives to SATA Power hard air Having done that I re-installed them both When I turned on the power button the button lit up and the fans were running But No Power to SATA hard drives it No Power to SATA hard drives does not seem that the hard drives are getting any power as I can t hear or feel any thing Plus the computer is not booting No Power to SATA hard drives I don t recall unplugging anything other than the two hard drives But I also notice that I have a short cable bundle with two white plugs with three pins and one empty pin hole on the other end a black connection with with five connector slots with one middle on blank That makes me think that I unplugged the power to the hard drive someplace along the ling As I have a wire bundle that has two SATA power connectors that are plugged in But their are three white female plugs marked P P and P which are not connected to anything in that wire bundle I don t know at this point if the power comes through that bundle from the power source Of if I do not have the power plugged into the lope I hope that somebody can help me figure this out and let me know if I burnt out the hard drives and have to start over with my recover disk reloading windows and going from there nbsp

A:No Power to SATA hard drives

How would I close this post out. Dumb me had the monitor plugged into an unused VGA port. It only took me two and a half days to figure that out. I wanted to let others know to check and see if they have everything plugged in where it should be. Including the VGA or other monitor cables.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-sata-hard-drives.204843/
Relevancy 50.74%

I decided to upgrade my old hard drive to a new hard drive. When I tried to install Windows Xp on the hard drive it wouldn't let me. I have a Dell Xps 400 bought back in 2006.
The new HD is a WE 1tb. The error codes comes when I try to install windows xp on the hd. It says

I got a blue screen error after clicking enter at the screen where there is no partition found:
Check to be sure you have adequate diskspace. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and select safe mode.

Technical information:

Stop:0x0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF7419CAD, 0XF6FF17E4, 0X00000000)

Setupdd.sys ? address f7419cad base at F73ED000, datastamp 48025277

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-on-trying-to-install-new-sata-hd.204857/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all,
Windows 7 doesn't recognize my SSD drive. When I go to disk management, it shows a message to initialize it (image no.1) but when I press OK to do that, one another message appears and says: Data error cyclic redundancy check (image no.2). My computer windows doesn't show that drive and also when I went to cmd->diskpart, again it didn't show that disk to use of chkdsk /f command. How to solve the problem please?

A:Data error cyclic redundancy check ssd

I could to revive that disk in diskpart using PartedMagic in boot. I've uploaded a new image from that. The remained problem here is that I can't delete it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-error-cyclic-redundancy-check-ssd.204783/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

A:System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-very-glitchy-after-installing-new-motherboard.204643/
Relevancy 22.36%

My bother had deleted my laptop partition files and folders when attempting to extend my C partition. All my stored partition movies were lost and could not be found in Recycle Bin. Do you know where these partition videos are? I really want to view these videos again. What can I do to rescue them? Thank you for any advice!

A:Delete hard drive partition data

Hey, Luminaton03!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing such an issue.
Your data is stilll there somewhere as long as you don't overwrite it. If you save new data, it would rewrite your previous files.
I did some research for you and I found a threat that you might find helpful:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...back-the/a003d747-b760-42a7-819b-0235e8ec6d2c

I really hope this works for you!
Good luck!

SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-hard-drive-partition-data.204583/
Relevancy 16.34%

My System Specs

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7641
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-4170 Quad-Core Processor, 4200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.10, 10/08/2012
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.4 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB

I would like to get this graphics card http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-g...rage - Graphics, TV Tuners and I/O - Graphics will my system be able to handle this?

A:Graphics Card How Good Does My System Need To Be?

While it can handle it, it will be greatly bottlenecked by the CPU. Also, we need to make sure your PSU can handle it, so if you can post your full system specs including the PSU, HDD, motherboard,etc., that would great.

You can probably upgrade the CPU to an 8350 since it uses the same socket. But you may need to apply a BIOS update. BUT, before we get ahead of ourselves, please post full system specs like said above. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-how-good-does-my-system-need-to-be.204430/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello,

Is there any difference between software which are used for recovering data from HDD or flash memory drives and SSD? For example, can we use of the apps used for HDD to recover data from SSD too?

A:Solid state drive data returning

I do not see why the HDD programs shouldn't work for SSDs. Maybe @jobeard can weigh in if I am wrong. I would check out this article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solid-state-drive-data-returning.204388/
Relevancy 50.31%

Asus p8p670-m will see the dvd drives but not the sata or ide I have tried 8 different drives. 3 sata one at a time in different slots and 5 ide drives one at a time.. I have reset cmos then removed the battery and reset cmos again,, what is the fix please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p8p670-m-will-see-the-dvd-drives-but-not-the-sata.203645/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone. I have a SATA drive that has an OS on it (Vista), where I have forgotten the password. I have tried every recommended utility/trick, to no avail. So, I have installed a new SATA drive which has XP on it, and I want to be able to pull the info off of the old drive by connecting it to my cable, but not making it my master. The XP drive, which works perfectly fine, is the primary drive and loads up when the computer is turned on. However, after hooking up the old SATA drive, the OS on the other drive does not detect that it is hooked up (so, I can't pull info off of it and fix it where I can access it). Any recommendations? How can I get it to be detected by my OS as another drive, so that I can use Windows Explorer to access the files on it? I appreciate any help you are able to provide! Thanks in advance!

A:SATA drives ... master and slave?

One of the points in the SATA specification was one drive with one cable. That eliminated the need for master and slave designations. Simple plug and play assuming the port is enabled in the BIOS.

Sounds to me you are confused and actually have IDE drives. Does your data cable have two data connectors?

Anyway when working with two IDE drives on the same cable, the only way to connect a slave is to manually assign them both as the master or slave. That is unless you are using a "Cable Select" cable. Cable select is market on the connectors which one is which. Otherwise it doesn't matter which drive goes where. And jumpers on the drives will need to be set to assign which one is master and which one is slave.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drives-master-and-slave.203475/
Relevancy 24.08%

Good day to all,

This may or may not be possible, but let me try and explain. I was wondering if it were possible for a mirrored copy of a file to exist. Meaning every time I modified the file or file (s), its corresponding mirrored copy would change too.

I've been saving a lot of things to my Google Drive recently. I was wondering if it were possible for these files to have a mirrored copy saved to another location on my Hard Drive as well.

New files are being added to the Google Drive on a daily basis, so I doubt there would be a way to set this mirror to new files automatically. And this of course, is assuming that this is possible at all. Let me know if you would like me to elaborate or if this can or can't be done at your convenience.

Thanks,

Speck

A:Automatic mirror or copy of files for backup purposes

If you require

update foo.txt => mirror:foo.txt
for each and every alteration of foo.txt in real time, then basically you're asking for a RAID-1x implementation.

If you can tolerate a nightly sync of *modified files*, then you might look at

allway sync.
You map a local directory onto a remote directory and run the sync one-way to the remote.

Now on a schedule (or manual invocation) only the mods in the local migrate onto the remote.

Frankly, this is my backup strategy for my laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/automatic-mirror-or-copy-of-files-for-backup-purposes.202960/
Relevancy 22.36%

Whenever I connect my Hard-disk to laptop, my laptop slows down and am not able to open the hard-disk folder. Am not able to access my data in it. As soon as I disconnect the Hard disk, laptop gets back to normal. Can anyone please help with the issue ?

A:Recover Data from Damaged Harddisk

If it's physically damaged, nothing you can do it in your own. You need to consult it to a professional unless you have knowledge and experience on some DIY hard drive repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recover-data-from-damaged-harddisk.202712/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 22.36%

Okay not really very good at this but my laptop stopped working so I took hd out and connected it to anotherlaptop through usb lead it appears in my disk management (although it shows up grey instead of black or blue if that makes sense to anyone) but it wont show in my computer I have a load od family photos on this drive and would really love some help and will send out good karma to all who try to help me many thanks in advance

A:Trying to recover data from crashed hard drive

Hi techmichellenot. When you say it stopped working,is there anything on the screen when you power up, or any indication that the system passed it's POST procedure (Power On Self Test), usually indicated by a beep before Windows itself tries to boot up?. Any error messages seen?. Sounds like you put the drive in an external case that can connect via USB. If there is indeed a problem with the disk drive and it's not a physical problem with the drive (maybe a corrupted Windows boot file,etc),your system may have a Recovery procedure that will reinstall your OS without erasing your data files (called a non destructive OS reinstall) as opposed to a destructive which erases everything and reinstalls the OS. I would check your documentation to see if your laptop has such a procedure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-recover-data-from-crashed-hard-drive.189487/
Relevancy 50.31%

Good Day,

Hope that you are able to help me with this issue I am experiencing with a new HDD.

So basically I bought a new internal 2.5' HDD for the LG C500 laptop due to the old HDD giving errors when re-installing Windows 7 onto it.

The new HDD which was purchased is unable to pickup on in the BIOS of the LG C500 laptop.

I have tested the new HDD on my a other desktop PC and it picks up.

I also tested the old HDD on the laptop and it picks up.

I find it very strange the laptop does not pickup the new HDD in the BIOS.

Do anyone please have a solution to the problem I am experiencing.

Thank you

Logan

A:New 2.5' SATA HDD does not seem to pickup on LG C500 Laptop

@trekzone, Thanks for the prompt reply. It a seagate 2.5' 500gb HDD (internal). I was also thinking about flashing the bios but since I haven't done it before I am struggling a bit with it. I have however downloaded the bios files from google. Can you please provide me with instructions on how to create a bootable USB to flash the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-2-5-sata-hdd-does-not-seem-to-pickup-on-lg-c500-laptop.201391/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

My internal HDD failed due to a sudden power outage. I can hear beeping sounds like the motor is trying to spin the drive up and failing to do so. This drive contains all my important data ( documents, photos and videos), I'm thinking of taking it to a data recovery center, How much would it cost me for a data recovery service? I've been recommended to WeRecoverData data recovery labs by an IT person, Anyone have experience with them? Any help advice? Thanks in advance.

A:HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Likely thousands. Hopefully in the future you will make backups of important data.

If it was killed by the power outage, you can probably fix it yourself by purchasing the exact same drive on ebay or wherever and swap the PCB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-beeping-whats-the-best-data-recovery-option.201578/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
MB-MSI A88XM E35
GPU-MSI R7 260X
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys.

A:Is this system worth it?

ace2001 said:

Ok guys. I am planning to build a system(of course a PC)and I really wanth to know is it worth it, I want to hear your oppinions.
CPU-AMD Athlon X4 760K
MB-MSI A88XM E35
GPU-MSI R7 260X
RAM-Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD-500GB WD Caviar Blue
PSU-Corsair CX430
Case-I am still thinking about it, maybe Cooler Master K280
I am curious are these parts all compatible and can I run Battlefield 3 on ultra with this?
Thanks guys. Click to expand...

Well you will not get a smooth 60 FPS on Ultra in BF3 with this system. So I would say no you cannot run it on ultra since at the 1080p realm the card averages above 30FPS on ultra.

If you want a system to run BF3/4 on ultra, might we here your budget so we could help you pick out a better parts list?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-system-worth-it.201450/
Relevancy 22.79%

My house was hit by lightening a few years ago and it fried my computers- so I very quickly went out and bought a WD g mybook external hard drive which I have everything stored on Please keep in mind I am not an expert by any means and do not have a lot of experience with these types of things other than simple computer installs ect but I would not consider myself a beginner I am just desperate to recover my files without having to pay someone to try to do it for me A few weeks ago my computer simply me a WD MyBook off Help my get data stopped recognizing it was there When I would power it off or on or reset it it would attempt to load but the blue light would constantly blink First think I did was try a new USB cord which changed nothing- I also have tried it on three different computers- Nothing I read about taking the hard drive out of the casing yes I realize it voids any warranty but at this point I am more concerned with my data than getting any sort of a replacement so I carefully removed it- I put it in my computer hooked up to a SATA drive- It did not show up in Help me get my data off a WD MyBook Disk management or under my computer I went into BIOS and did see a removable disk but if I set it as boot priority obviously it would not work- I do not know if there was something else I should have done to get it to work in BIOS I then hooked it into another computer where I have a second hard drive- Took mine out and put this one in its place since I know that I am able to access my second hard drive on this computer- It simply didnt show up I then took it to Best Buy- And they informed it that the hard drive was trash- That her machine would not even get it to power up at all that data recovery was not even possible and I should throw the hard drive away and start over I took it to another computer store who told me they could send it out and attempt data recovery at the tune of I brought the drive home- Hooked back up the USB board and plugged it back in as if it was again a external- It turned on- light begin to blink as before- but I can also hear and feel it spinning- I am not hearing any strange sounds nothing sound loose inside it just sounds like it spins for a few minutes then stops- and that light constantly blinks I then read online that someone mentioned that with these they often have an encryption built in to the usb connection which makes it so the hard drive will not power up as an internal hard drive or without that usb board on it Anyone know if there is truth to that I am desperate to get this to function so I can get my files off of it- Please if anyone has any ideas what I can do please share Thank you in advance- Brooke nbsp

A:Help me get my data off a WD MyBook

I don't know anything that'll help you, sorry.

But here's your step#1 problem: My house was hit by lightening a few years ago and it fried my computers- so I very quickly went out and bought a WD 500g mybook external hard drive which I have everything stored on.

If your computers get fried, an external HDD will also probably get fried. Remember, having a backup means having a minimum of three copies (original, 'backup', long-term storage backup).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-get-my-data-off-a-wd-mybook.192963/
Relevancy 16.34%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 22.79%

Friends and neighbors, last March I had such a system crash that, due to the number of bad HD sectors, I had to replace the HD. The HD with my various tools was not even detectable. My system ran Windows 7 64-Bit and IE9. The computer is an MSI notebook. Anyway, while doing some searching to diagnose another problem, I registered for this site after seeing Puppy Linux, whose page I saved to my Favorites. Having kept the old HD, in case I could salvage any data, is it possible for me to use Puppy Linux on that old HD? Thanks. Your answers will be a great help.

A:Data Recovery Possible?

Hey Louis. We don't know how bad the drive is, but you can try putting the drive in a USB enclosure, formatting it, then install Puppy Linux on it, since apparently Puppy Linux doesn't require a lot of space and can also be run from RAM according to the Wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_Linux

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-possible.200262/
Relevancy 21.93%

So... like most of world my family lives online. Having found that ISP pricing in Alaska is horrendously expensive, I want to find a solution that I can create 4 SSIDs, one for each of my three kids (ages 12, 14, &16) and one for me and my wife, and place a data cap on each SSID so that I can't be hit up with the bills that come with overages. I figure with individual SSIDs they can use what ever device they have with out having to detirmine MAC addresses or IPs used or any of that other stuff.

I would like to have just one router be able to accomplish this. I have an older router, an Apple Time Capsule I bought about 6 years ago, but as I don't use Macintosh computers any more, I would be happy to buy a new router and get it set up to manage this dilema.

Any Advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-and-networking-multiple-ssids-and-data-cap-per-ssid.200229/
Relevancy 22.36%

You saved an old hard drive (or three) from previous computers and now you?d like to get at the data on them. Is there an easy way to access the data without cracking open your current computer and mounting the hard drives inside?

Read more

A:How to Get Data Off an Old Hard Drive (Without Putting It in a PC)

very good. I was trying to explain this to someone. Now I think I will just send then the Web Page.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-data-off-an-old-hard-drive-without-putting-it-in-a-pc.200129/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK where to begin Alright I got this new tower that is a decent custom rig I have been having problems with my HDD tb movies music etc and SSD gb OS Games basic running files randomly dropping out The HDD always goes sata Possible problems first I know it happens because I get a pop up from Utorrent saying the file save directory cant be found or there is an error with it I download movies ebooks etc Thats usually the first clue My Asus quick storage will pop up saying a drive has been disconnected then straight away it is found but it is unknown I can see the files in the HDD through my Computer but cant actually Possible sata problems access them I cant resolve this without a restart Now chance of after the restart wether the SSD goes aswell thus my OS A powerdown for a little while usually fixes this Longest wait time mins for a system go Then its all fine and dandy like nothing happened I have checked Possible sata problems connections and cooling psu and Possible sata problems its new so its clean no dust I power down the system most nights out unless I really wanna d l something for the next day It has stock OS with Minecraft Dayz Halflife and Portal installed and I have DLed about tb of previous torrents that I have already dled from trusted supplies with avast installed the expensive one not the free version Apart from that stock Anything else I can tell you to try to help me troubleshoot this please just ask System specs Case Corsair D Full Tower Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H i Liquid Cooler for CPU CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad Core LGA Motherboard Asus Z -Plus ATX Memory RAM Corsair GB Vengeance Pro Mhz Video Card x Nvidia Geforce GTX ti Hard Drive Samsung Series Pro GB Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB rpm CD-drive LG Blu-ray rewriter combo Power Supply Corsair HX Modular Watt Plus Gold Operating System Windows Professional edition bit And not on here a couple of additional fans Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Possible sata problems

Hey Zac. Since it comes back after a power down and brief rest, to me it sounds like a heat buildup problem, maybe even with the CPU. Has the builder checked it out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-sata-problems.199642/
Relevancy 22.79%

I burned 1 GB of info in a DVD-R disc. Computer could read it perfectly and said 1 GB was recorded and 3 GB still free available for more data.
Next day I tried to add more data, 0.5 GB in a folder. All was OK, I dragged folder to DVD and PC said it was doing the job, after 2 minutes said folder was ready to be burnt. But the previous folders did not appear. I quit burning and tried to check the information on DVD. right- clicked properties and PC says it has 1 GB of data burnt and 3 GB available. But if I try to read the information I had burnt before, nothing, no files or folders.
May I still recover the 1.0 GB recorded first day? HOw?

A:DVD-R with 1 GB info but data is missing

When burning multiple sessions to a DVD-R disk, if the sessions are not left open or closed improperly, then it can "lose" data or make the entire disk worthless. As for recovering data from a DVD-R or any optical disk, for all intents & purposes it's a lost cause, it's not impossible, but it would cost out the wazoo and the likelihood of recovery is slim.
As cheap as DVD-R disks are, don't burn multiple sessions, just burn once and be done with it.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-r-with-1-gb-info-but-data-is-missing.198267/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hey I just bought a new
mb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130709
processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113280
memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130680

I did not replace my HDD and the are 3GB not 6 GB as this board supports but are SATA and I have nothing special starting up beside the basic items and AVG 2013 and magic ISO which I had all this on my old system. I am running windows 7 and it takes this machine almost 5 min to boot up it just sits at the windows display screen. I never overclocked anything but I thought this upgrade would be faster than my 4 year old system that this replaced, not slower! OK so any ideas? Would the 6GB SATA HDD drive make that much of a difference?

A:Slow (new) system

6GB HDD? Dude what, that's ancient.

Get a new HDD, or a cheap SSD - you'll really see it fly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-new-system.198644/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi
I know this topic is very old! but I have the same problem now!
But I don't have any other hard disc on my PC and this SATA 3 supported hard drive is only one! I don't have any OS on my pc. when I connect hard drive to my p4p800-x mother board it doesn't recognize my sata 3 drive! please help me what should I do!

A:Motherboard doesn't recognize my SATA 3 drive

Hey Andromec. Is the drive being detected in the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-doesnt-recognize-my-sata-3-drive.197021/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hye. I juz wnt to ask some short question.

Does my Amd Athlon X2 5600+ 2.9Ghz overclock bottleneck wif my HD4850 IceQ 4 gpu??
and
How much the performance increase if I upgrade my current cpu to Amd Athlon II X2 270??

Thnx guys.

A:Is My System Bottleneck

If you are going to upgrade and your system supports it, you might as well try to get a 4 core. Especially on an AMD rig, where CPU performance is weaker than Intel core for core. The "AMD Athlon II X4 650" is about the weakest performance I would recommend to anyone. It is comparable to the Core i3-2100 which is as low as I recommend for Intel CPU's.

For generalized performance you can take a look at these benchmarks. - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5600+ - 1463
Athlon II X2 270 - 1988
Athlon II X4 650 - 3663
Core i3-2100 - 3603

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-system-bottleneck.196864/
Relevancy 21.5%

In Windows 8, whenever we copy any exe files to USB device/pen drive, there is an Interrupted Action dialog saying that "the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location". How to fix this issue?

A:Windows 8 File Copy "Interrupted Action" Issue

I missed to say that there is an easier alternative method to copy files with properties is by creating image of the files need to be copied. For example, iso, daa , bin, etc.
Even if we use alternate methods, we need an easy solution to fix the main issue without any tools or software.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-file-copy-interrupted-action-issue.196667/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello.
I recently got new Intel SSD series 330 60gb in addition to my standard 1tb Samsung HDD. So I set RAID mode from IDE to AHCI in BIOS (mobo MSI X85 pro-e). Now some of SATA ports (port 3 and 5) don't recognize my HDD or CD/DVD being connected but I still can use them in windows while other ports display them normally in BIOS. Also when I switch back to IDE mode, ports 3 and 5 display hardware in BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-ports-wont-work-in-ahci-mode.195845/
Relevancy 24.94%

I ve purchased laptop copy the to I Can one hardrive another? from a laptop and it should be arriving on the th I did this because the graphics on my old laptop is shot and I can only see the top centimeter clearly The new laptop is Windows while the old one is I would assume that there is a way to do this but is there a way to make it automated For example crate a bat file and run the file from a flash drive to start the transfer Or some other way to start the transfer without being able to see exactly what I m doing on the old laptop I can still use the old laptop just without a gui to show me what I m doing The laptop is still under warranty so I don t want to try opening the laptop and taking the hard drive out I don t want to risk accidentally doing something that Can I copy the hardrive from one laptop to another? would void my warranty Or in my situation would it be better to go somewhere and pay to have the hard drive copied from the old laptop to the new Once this is done I want to do a hard drive wipe return to default as I don t want to hand my laptop over to be repaired with all of my personal information still on the laptop What would be the best way of going about this It is likely that I will be receiving a replacement laptop of some sort and so don t know if I will be receiving the same hard drive back or not nbsp

A:Can I copy the hardrive from one laptop to another?

See this topic

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-copy-the-hardrive-from-one-laptop-to-another.195297/
Relevancy 19.35%

This could sound confusing but please bare with me So I had a TB HD Sata with win I took it out and used a new SSD which I put Win on Then I hooked up a TB HD Sata as Storage Simple so far right Well now I want to get my documents Bookmarks etc off the quot OLD quot drive I figured simple like with IDE HD s but no When I hook it up as the only drive I get this message EFI Shell Version Current get do How main off Hard Data My Drive? I "former" running mode Map Cannot find required map name Press Esc in seconds to skip startup nsh any other key to continue shell id gt When I hook it up as the second How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive? drive After the SSD the drive doesn t show up I tried to put it in another PC by itself but it said something like it wasn t the disk for that PC Someone please tell me there is an easy way around this I googled a bunch of stuff and tried a few things with no luck I m hoping I m just frustrated and missing the obvious Thanks for any help nbsp

A:How do I get Data off My "former" main Hard Drive?

How about unplugging ssd plug old drive back in then transfer stuff to ur 2tb once done unplug old and replug ssd ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-get-data-off-my-former-main-hard-drive.194502/
Relevancy 22.36%

I was curious if anyone who has Spotify Premium and uses it regularly on their smartphone could tell me approximately how much their monthly data usage is. I was planning on getting 4GB and was curious if this would be enough with using Spotify.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-usage-with-spotify-premium.195235/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have an old laptop HDD (I think it's out of a Dell Latitudes laptop) and I need to access data off of it. I have an SATA/IDE to USB adaptor that I've used successfully several times in this type of situation. However, this particular drive won't respond when I hook it up. It just doesn't spin. I took it to a computer shop to see if they could help me, but they weren't able to get it going.
My thinking is, if I was a bad guy and the F.B.I. confiscated this drive, how would they get info off of it? There must be a way. Any thoughts?

A:Data Extraction

Buy the exact same drive on ebay. If the drive isn't spinning up it is a board issue (or a HORRIBLE spinny failure). So, get the exact same drive from ebay or somewhere else, and swap out the PCB. Problem solved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-extraction.194776/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Sony Vaio Windows 7 laptop that is a couple of years old. I recently had my Norton protection end and I turned on the Windows Defender, but my computer has been running really slow and acting up. I have been getting a S.M.A.R.T. hard drive error when my computer starts as well. I tried restoring my computer to an earlier setting, but that didn't work. I don't know what to do, and I really could use some help. When I ran an error check on the c hard drive this is what it said: WDC WD32 00BEVT-26A23T0 SATA Disk Device volume: c/. So please if anyone can help me fix this problem or how to fix it that would be great!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wdc-wd32-00bevt-26a23t0-sata-disk-device-volume-c.194628/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hello, im looking to build my own home surveillance system to act as a DVR with cameras. im looking to build it inside a normal midtower computer case. but I want all the cameras to be hooked directly to the computer and have a few terabytes of storage. some lists of ideas and/or builds you would like to share would be ideal.

A:Home surveillance system custom build ideas?

Have you contacted NSA?

P.S.
Ignore my stu-pid attempt at humor, I couldn't resist with all the NSA news going around. I'm sure someone with actual experience will join in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-surveillance-system-custom-build-ideas.194183/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello. I want to find out why Windows does this cheking to my Memory Card. It happened while booting. After "Checking file system on D:
The type of the file system is FAT32." and other stuffs like: "Unrecoverable error in folder \System Volume Information\catalog.wci.", or "\Sounds\FosterThePeople-PumpedUpKicks(ButchClancyRMX).mp3 first allocation unit is not valid. The entry will be truncated." and "Cross link resolved by copying.
\Images\IMG00502-20121218-1525.jpg is cross-linked on allocation unit 6984." After this proces Windows started normaly. I've cheked my documents on the card and found out that some images were damaged and some old music appeared, but only samples, from about 18 seconds to 56. I foud, also, a "BOOTEX.LOG" file, written in Notepad. Could you explain what happened, please? &sorry if there are some bad spelled words.

A:Checking file system on D: The type of the file system is FAT32

It perhaps got removed incorrectly while some programs still had the file data open/in memory. I'd pull everything off the card, format it, and put the data back.

What is the card in? Does it have to be FAT32? Could you use ExFAT instead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/checking-file-system-on-d-the-type-of-the-file-system-is-fat32.193835/
Relevancy 16.34%

I m looking to buy computers to be used for Adobe Premiere Pro Budget needs to be kept in mind as we don t have limitless money Currently have two specs suggested by our supplier what are peoples thoughts Spec CPU Intel Pentium Premiere Spec Pro For Adobe System G Cores Threads GHz RAM X GB DDR SSD GB Kingston System Spec For Adobe Premiere Pro SSD GPU Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB Spec CPU Intel Core i - Cores Threads Ghz RAM X GB DDR SSD GB Kingston SSD GPU Sapphire AMD Radeon HD GB The main thing I m interested in is the CPU and GPU is the i worth it over the Pentium about a price difference per computer Is the Graphics Card good enough It is not on the recommended list by Adobe for Premiere Pro will that be an issue Should we pick another that is recommend Intel Pentium G http ark intel com products Intel-Pentium-Processor-G - M-Cache- -GHz Intel Core i - http ark intel System Spec For Adobe Premiere Pro com products Intel-Core-i - -Processor- M-Cache-up-to- -GHz nbsp

A:System Spec For Adobe Premiere Pro

What is your budget for each computer? Because both PCs will struggle greatly in Premier Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-spec-for-adobe-premiere-pro.193635/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have lost my important and personal data on my SD card. As I tried to connect it to my Mac, it was asked to format, and I pressed it. So, now, all the data is lost. But, I know the lost data after formatting is not actually erased. It is still there and becomes inaccessible. Therefore, could you help me get it back? Any idea could be appreciated. Thank you!

A:How to get back data from a formatted SD card on Mac?

Hmm as far as my knowledge goes, you cannot, I think mostly every website that offers to 'recover' any type of format is a virus in waiting, as for software goes you may wish for someone with more knowledge, the only safe way I can think of is expensive.

Data recovery is not always 100% so take into account you may pay and not get anything in return,
http://stellardatarecovery.co.uk/ Unsure they do SD or not, but it's more likely best to find one yourself so I cannot be held liable!

Hope this helped!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-get-back-data-from-a-formatted-sd-card-on-mac.193375/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I just bought a second Saphire HD6670 graphics card with a crossfire, but I own a CX430 power suply, it only has 1x 6pin PCI-e power cable,
now I saw a cable that transformed SATA to PCI-e
but eventhough its 4bucks I spent all my money on that video card and crossfire cable,

does anyone know if I can just strip the sata to pci-e and strip those cables into the power insertion module in my graphics card?

A:SATA to PCI-e

AMD Radeon? HD 6670 Graphics System Requirements

400 Watt or greater power supply recommended7 (500 Watt for AMD CrossFireX? technology in dual mode)Click to expand...

You will need a stronger power supply. The CX430 does not have enough wattage to power two cards, thats why there is only one PCIe power connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-to-pci-e.193345/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another place to right about my issue, I have the same laptop, and I have the weirdest problem!

My screen turns on but I can't install any OS, I have tried Ubuntu, windows 8, windows xp.... for example for windows 8 it shows a logo and then a blank screen, for Ubuntu I can't even boot from CD!

I have tried CD, usb drive
I have ran PC-CHECK, and it says no problem!
I have taken out the hd, and dvd drive to just boot from CD, and still nothing!

I have also updated the bios to the latest version from acer's website, this is so frustrating please help me
your help is appreciated in advance

A:Can't install any operating system

What is the make and model of your laptop? Have you changed anything in your Bios other then updating to the latest version? Did you update to the latest version of the bios before or after you started having problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-operating-system.193122/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an old machine here (Dell Inspiron 4550) that has one IDE port and no Sata ports, and a newer machine (Dell Inspiron 9200) that has sata ports but no IDE ports.

I have used a seperate machine to clone the old IDE drive onto a new SATA drive, but when I try to boot the new machine it says there is no boot device available.

I have checked the BIOS thoroughly and do not find any way to change the boot configuration from AHCI to IDE.

I suspect my problem is that the disk does not have any SATA drivers preinstalled but I am not sure exactly how to install them so that they are present at bootup. I also do not know exactly what drivers would be needed.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-to-sata-cloning.193233/
Relevancy 21.93%

Objects available : Laptop with windows vista(32 Bit Home Basic SP 2)
: iPAD
: Tata Docomo internet data card

PROBLEM : I connect to internet via data card on my laptop. I want to share this internet connection on my iPAD which I am not able to do.

After connection to internet via data card on laptop, I created a wireless ad hoc connection. Which creating ad hoc connection I do not get the option of " SHARE INTERNET".
On iPAD this network is detected and the iPAD connects to this network.
On Laptop it is then shown this way :-

MY LAPTOP -------------------- MULTIPLE NETWORKS ----------------- INTERNET

But still the internet on iPAD doesnt get activated.

Plz help. ...

A:Access data card internet on laptop through wifi

GOT THE SOLUTION.!!!
After extensive search on the internet, I got 1 solution. Unchecking the option "ALLOW SHARE OF CONNECTION" in properties of the data card internet. Then setting up of an ad hoc connection, will get the option "SHARE INTERNET CONNECTION".

Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-data-card-internet-on-laptop-through-wifi.193231/
Relevancy 51.6%

I m trying to repair an OS Windows on an SATA hard drive for a handicapped lady she said her tower was running when she heard a popping sound and then all the peripherals started shutting down until the entire setup was dead This sounds like a bridge burned out on her MB I ve taken her HD SATA and put it in a new tower and tried to boot but got msg to run repair tool We tried all the options just short of the reinstall system recovery disk I tried restoring to all the points before the crash but it couldn t complete any of them She hopes not to lose what s on the HD so I m trying to slave it into my tower to run repair software My MB has both type connections and my HD is IDE I used the SATA connector but even the BIOS didn t list it Can you help me figure out the hook up to do this so I can get this lady to smile again nbsp

A:Trying to slave an SATA to an IDE

SATA are independent ports, they do not have master and slave configurations.

You cannot take an operating system out of one PC and expect it to function 100% in another PC. Furthermore; System Recovery is usually machine specific and would cause problems, if used in a machine the recovery software was not configured for.

Your best bet would be to fix the issue with the old system. I'm tempted to point a finger at the PSU, but without further testing, it is hard to say for sure. Do you see any physical evidence of electronic damage? Blown capacitors and burnt chips can have visual damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-slave-an-sata-to-an-ide.193141/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a WD External SATA 1TB Hard Drive that has ~700 GB of family memories/movies/documents/etc and it is now connected to Windows 8.

The original housing it came in was unsurprisingly cheap and the connection piece broke. I re soldered it on and the connection was made but the drive threw nothing but errors. I figured I messed it up so bought an external case and assembled it. Now however, the drive does not show up under my computer but does in Disk Management.

Disk Management claims that the HD has the full TB unallocated and not initialized. I don't want to initialize it because I don't want to lose the information I have on it. Any idea on how to get this working?

I have downloaded and used the Data Lifeguard available at WD and the External has passed the Quick Test so drivers are all there and working.

Thanks

A:WD External Drive "not initialized" but has data on it?

Umm, I would try first connecting it back to whatever PC version you were using before (Assuming Windows 7) and seeing whats up.

If that does not work, try messing with the connection that you re-soldered and making sure its all done fully correctly, something may have gotten crossed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-external-drive-not-initialized-but-has-data-on-it.193090/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,my hard disk is paritioned into 4 drives.In my F drive my videos are stored,when I open my F drive and go to the folder where some particular videos are stored and try to watch it, there is a green loading bar at the address bar and then my pc hangs,I cannot copy,rename etc the file
This occurs with approx all my folders but only about 40-50 % videos are affected in a particular folder,rest run normally
Thanks in advance

A:Cannot watch/copy videos

What is the total size of this hard drive, and its 4 partitions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-watch-copy-videos.192779/
Relevancy 16.34%

Ok so im setting up a speaker system in a gym and I was originally looking at using ipad control to access music and then play through the speakers, found that too expensive so I found these :

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20167
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20712

Now all I need is a speaker system (5.1) that has USB on it, I thought I found one with the Logitech Z906:

http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/speaker-system-Z906?crid=47

But doesn't seem to have it anymore?
Anyone know of any products which could help me out?

A:Need a 5.1 speaker system with USB input

5.1 is pointless for music, as music is 2-channel. Purchase any powered speakers and the product on your first link and you'll be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-5-1-speaker-system-with-usb-input.192654/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
I used my computer to transfer back up files from an old hard drive to a brand new one. I did not open the individual files, just cut/pasted them onto the new drive. Well the new drive dies on me and I no longer have the old drive.
I was wondering if my computer copied the files onto itself during the transfer process and if it did, is there any way I can recover them?
Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.

A:File transfer/copy

Ouch; Especially for large transfers, file movement from media{a} -> media{b} use no intermediate cache or temp files. IMO, unless CHKDSK c: /F /R can fix the new drive, I think you're in deep dodo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-transfer-copy.191860/
Relevancy 22.79%

Up until days ago my laptop was working fine Then all of a sudden while transferring files to external hard drive it just froze and that was pretty much the end of it It got to the point where this would keep happening and I know help recovery Need data with it s not good but I ended up just forcing the computer to shut down by pressing the power Need help with data recovery button then the computer wouldn t even boot up I ended up just buying a new laptop btw the external hard drive from my old laptop works fine I bought a hard drive enclosure for the old hard drive from my old laptop to recover some data the hard drive shows up as LOCAL DISK on the new computer but it freezes up when I try to access it everything else on the new computer working fine and can t even eject it Whenever I try to do something with the old hard drive it just takes a long time or there s no response or it freezes It even prevents my new computer from booting up or shutting down Is it hopeless to retrieve some data from this drive or is it a lost cause Really appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

A:Need help with data recovery

The drive may have some sort of malware on it. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and run a custom scan on the drive. If it comes up clear, it may have errors. We will proceed from there after you have completed the scan. Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-data-recovery.191310/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello Today my WD Raptor decided to die all of a sudden while using my computer it just froze up blue screen on me and reboot then keeps looping I do regular backups so I have quot most quot of my data on my external drives but this happened so suddenly that I have some recent excel files and pictures that are not on my last backup and I would really like to recover those files I run DFT and result was some sector logical failure I remove the drive installed on another computer and I can see the drive but every time I double click on it I got the message quot You need to format the disk in drive D before you can use died, data Raptor need recovery WD it quot and sometimes when I click on the drive I got quot D is not accessible Data error cyclic redundancy check quot Disk management sees the drive as quot Active Primary Partition quot but still can t open it from there I haven t format it yet but I wonder if there is a way to access it somehow to retrieve the data or the only way is WD Raptor died, need data recovery to format it to access it and then use some software to recover the files Suggestions opinions what do you guys think what options do I have Thanks in advance for all the input nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-raptor-died-need-data-recovery.191410/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I have a TOSHIBA GB I had much important project data on it and I did the most terrible mistake of my life not to back it up when all my other HDD datas are double if not triple backedup stick data recovery Memory It was working fine till late night till in the morning when I plugged it on my computer it told me it Memory stick data recovery sholud be formatted first The drive letter doesn t show up on My computer nor in My devices I tried using the EaseUS Data Recovery sample version but it too cant detect the drive I went through the flash drive data recovery procedure in this forum but I do not understand that if I format the drive the data will be gone Again I do not have a backup to copy it again I dont want to recover using the drive but just the data Please please please help someone if such a thing is possible Its almost months of my hard work An update Now its appearing as Removable disk on my computer and if I click on it its saying insert disk into drive F If I try exploring it the format option is appearing Please please help I need the data nbsp

Relevancy 16.34%

New here so not sure where to ask this question and hope I'm in the right place. When my pc sits idle for a while, the fan starts to run & doesn't stop when I move the mouse to come out of sleep. The fan runs with nothing happening & the screen remains black. The only way to stop it is to power it off. I can wait a minute & power it back up. It re-boots & everything appears to be fine after that. The power button also blinks more times than not but everything seems to be running okay. When the computer sits idle again for a period of time, I go through the whole thing all over again. Can anyone offer a resolution to this or can I expect my pc to go out on me in the near future?

Thanks,
Heelsfan

A:PC fan runs when my system is idle

Try changing the power-down settings for your drives, CPU, etc. in Control Panel/Power Options/Edit Plan settings/Change Advanced Power Settings - there you can configure all power options for all hardware. Try changing just one setting at a time and waiting to see if the problem goes away. That way maybe you can figure out what is causing the problem. If nothing else works, try disabling CPU c-states in the BIOS. Certain hardware and software configurations have conflicts with Windows and can sometimes be fixed by changing settings. Also, make sure all fans and heat sinks are free of dust (by blowing out with compressed air if possible).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-fan-runs-when-my-system-is-idle.191119/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello all I m having a pretty unique issue My laptop s battery died recently out of the blue HP DV t I purchased a replacement battery The battery seems to be working fine holds a charge well It doesn t fit perfectly there s a slight amount of quot jiggling quot but I can jiggle the battery around and the power does not turn off or anything When I close the lid to my laptop it goes resume during Shutdown system into sleep mode When I reopen the lid the log in Shutdown during system resume screen appears and then the laptop dies I can manually turn it on again after seconds or after removing the battery and putting it back in This does not occur when the laptop is plugged in I have been trying to experiment to see what else triggers this to happen I have found that when I go into quot Hibernation quot mode and then wake the laptop up it dies during the quot system resume quot process It will continue to repeatedly die during system resume until it is plugged into a charger and then starts up normally Does this sound like a faulty battery issue or something more Where in the world can I find a reputable source for a HP DV T battery Running Windows Home Premium -bit for the record I m inclined to just blame the battery but as the old battery is dead I cannot know for sure nbsp

A:Shutdown during system resume

Yes, I would return that "cheap" battery and make sure that you get a equavalent battery with the same HP part number

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shutdown-during-system-resume.190883/
Relevancy 22.36%

Greetings guys, hope you are doing fine.

I'm using ExpatShield to play SCII ( long story ). Anyway, I tried today to download an arcade map from within SC ( 3 MB ) but it was extremly slow. I alt-tab and opened Resource Monitor and here is what I found >> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/expatbug.jpg/
As you can see ExpatShield is downloading at near 70 KB/sec but is not passing data to the original application ( SC in this case ). It actually downloaded more than 70 MB and the map was still at 2%. Moreover, when I exited SCII, Expat kept downloading.
It usually works fine except for this case.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/expatshield-not-passing-data-to-application.190865/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi I am a novice here so do excuse any technical inaccuracies in reporting this problem First let me specify my system configuration and then the problem My system configuration is as below AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz on MSI GMA-E motherboard with GB X GB Kingston DDR RAM My OS is Windows Ultimate Ed bit Now I have three HDDs installed inside the CPU the CMOS whirring system noise slowdown & HDD setup details of which are as below IDE Primary Master Seagate ST A GB capacity IDE Primary Slave Samsung SV H GB capacity SATA Hewlett Packard DVD Writer d ATAPI SATA Western Digital WDC WDS AADS - S B GB capacity The WDC Western Digital SATA drive is my main HDD the most recent one bought and installed on September The OS Windows is installed on the C partition of this drive and my system boots from this drive I ve created three partitions on this drive as follows C - GB approx HDD whirring noise & system slowdown D - GB approx E - GB approx The IDE drives are old HDDs that I was using around in an old system and are filled with important data movies mp s ebooks official HDD whirring noise & system slowdown docs etc They contain no OS system files The Samsung IDE HDD whirring noise & system slowdown drive has partitions while the Seagate IDE drive has no partitions So effectively my HDD structure on Windows Explorer in my computer looks as below C WDC SATA partition D WDC SATA partition E WDC SATA partition F DVD Writer G Seagate IDE partition H Seagate IDE partition I Seagate IDE partition J Samsung IDE Now here s the problem As long as I keep working on the data whether it is watching movies listening to music or accessing anything stored on the new WDC SATA drive C D and E partitions the system works great But the moment I try to access any data from the older IDE drives the system slows down drastically followed by a whirring noise obviously from the old drives After about - minutes the system is back to normal so long as I am working on the C D or E partitions of the SATA WDC drive Is there any way I can prevent this slowdown without having to remove the older IDE drives from inside the CPU I cannot afford to delete any of the data from the older IDE drives And if removing them is the only option is it possible to access the data in the older IDE drives externally by simply connecting them through the USB port How can I go about doing that Thanks in advance for any advice in this regard nbsp

A:HDD whirring noise & system slowdown

I don't really have good suggestions for you, but:
- The HDDs are probably old and dying. IDE ribbon cables are obsolete technology.
- If you get rid of them, you can use 'Roadkils unstoppable copier' or similar, and copy them to your WDC. 100GB total, you might have this space.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-whirring-noise-system-slowdown.190644/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi;
I've got a home network with two wireless access points (routers with WiFi). One router is the main unit for Verizon FIOS. this is the DHCP server. The other router is upstairs, and performs only to allow an iPod or Kindle to be connected upstairs (have trouble getting a good signal from the main router downstairs). This router has no WAN connection, so is really just a switch with WiFi.

So, I'm starting to get security conscious, and wondering exactly what data on the network is getting out on the WiFi.
Does everything going through the router with the WiFi go out on the radio, or is only data being sent to/from connected WiFi devices available over the air?

Thanks for your help

FW

A:What data goes out on Wi-Fi?

Without any devices connected, the only thing "going out" is a base signal (ie the rf channel) and the SSID.

When a connection is made, the data traversing the WiFi is dependent upon what specific services are being used by the connected device; eg for a device with a browser, that would include the HTTP request and the subsequent reply.

For security, we activate one of the encryption protocols so that someone nearby with RF tools may see the signals but not be able to 'read' them - - just like SSL protects a browser session.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-data-goes-out-on-wi-fi.190636/
Relevancy 22.79%

First post and here is the story I have an old broken XP laptop A friend loaned me his IDE SATA to USB cable so I could get some files off the hard drive I proceeded from computer another one Unable data to get to to connect and download what I wanted o my Acer windows computer I put everything into a folder I can open that folder and read the Docs and Unable to get data from one computer to another look at the pictures no problem I copied the info to an external HDD I tried to download it to my wife s laptop but it is not there I tried to load the same info on to a Cruzer Flash drive and transfer it the same way The folder is empty is what I get when I click on the flash drive letter If I put it back into my computer I can read it If I click properties of the drive it shows the space being used I also tried to put the info onto a laptop at work same thing If I add an unrelated file onto the flash drive it works normally These files are possessed Help I guess you can t edit the title nbsp

A:Unable to get data from one computer to another

It could be because you could have "hide hidden files/folders" checked. Just a guess, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-get-data-from-one-computer-to-another.190609/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have two Western Digital Tb HD making data Problem copy connection to adhoc HD s which I use for archiving and are carbon copies of Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data each other and my third installed OS HD They are both external to my computer in fact one came as part of a WD My Book Previously I had my Asus P Q Deluxe fitted and I could just plug the two HD s into the PSU with a spare power cable and connect them to the mobo with a couple of Sata cables and copy any data from the main installed HD or replicate data between them No problem However due to RAM issues I have swapped the mobo out for my Asus P W DH Deluxe I just assumed I could go ahead with my adhoc method of plug and play HD connectivity but after shutting down my desktop wiring in just one archive HD and powering up the computer went a Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data bit funny All the icons had shifted over to my TV display next to my desktop while my monitor s desktop pic got squashed vertically with vertical letterbox lines left and right pretty much as though I had been messing with the AMD Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data Catalyst Control Centre Any ideas why plugging in an HD or two into the spare Sata EZ Raid sockets would cause this Why didn t it behave like P Q e g plug amp play style or as if I had simply plugged in the HD via the USB One thing I forgot to check was if the HD showed up in My Computer while the icons and what not were on the TV screen Tom nbsp

A:Problem making adhoc HD connection to copy data

Nevermind. I plugged the two archive HD's into the mobo today and all is fine and copying perfectly.

Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-making-adhoc-hd-connection-to-copy-data.190199/
Relevancy 16.34%

Building a comp for a friend, budget is to be as low as possible (sub AUD$350 hopefully, check www.centrecom.com.au for prices).

She's going to be using it for basic computing (web browsing, watching DVDs) and basic photoshop. This computer is replacing an 8 year old laptop (to give you an idea how much computing power she really needs).

I'm thinking Intel G550, just because she'll get better use of more CPU power over the better graphics the AMD5300 would offer.

I really just need a suggestion for CPU, but if you have a motherboard suggestion that would be good, and if you really want, feel free to build a complete box (if you do, she doesn't need a storage HDD, just a boot HDD/SSD depending on budget).

Thanks in advance.

A:AMD or Intel for basic system?

For basic PC usage a G550 will be fine since those tasks don't really make use of multiple cores or threads. But I'd be more inclined to go for a G860/G870, they don't cost that much more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-or-intel-for-basic-system.187122/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys, first timer on here. Normally I can figure this stuff out on my own but am too busy and a little stumped. I built my own pc a few years back. Specs: Asus P5Ne Intel Duo Core2 3.0 and 4gb OCZ Platinum RAM with an Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS OC PCIe. Now, I have 4 hdds, 2 which are IDE and the other two are SATA along with my DVD/CD-Rom. I recently upgraded my video card to a Zotac GeForce GTX 660 2GB PCIe and when I booted up my system none of my hard drives other than the IDE's showed up. I checked my wiring to ensure that all cables were correctly plugged in, and they were. My next thought was my PSU? After going over a few "calculator" websites to determine how much wattage I required, 3 separate sites stated between 413w-430w. My PSU is 650w....so I'm lost. Any help guys/girls?

A:New video card -- no SATA

Take the GTX660 back out/put the 7900 back in and see if the drives show back up again. If they do you either have a motherboard BIOS issue or a videocard BIOS issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-no-sata.189015/
Relevancy 16.34%

Microphone Jack isnt working microphone isnt being read what is the problem the sound card or the Jacks themselves the mic isnt the problem cause it works on the laptop just not on the pc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-works-on-one-system-but-not-another.189222/
Relevancy 15.91%

I got a system in recently with a weird issue It would reset after a few sticks, System restarts memory fine two with with one minutes and then shorter and System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one shorter intervals on restart continually I tested for all the normal stuff power supply temperature unplugged the video card and checked the error logs but only the unexpected restarts were listed with no suspicious events around them If I removed a memory stick it ran fine though I thought it was a bad stick but I ran memtest on both sticks without errors for a few passes Immediately though if I plug in both sticks the system won t stay on for more than a minute or two I adjusted just about every bios setting concerning memory without change and tried loading bios failsafe defaults Anyways I m considering between just telling the owner that the system can only support one ram stick now likely due to some motherboard fault or trying to do a bios update though I m a bit hesitant that if there are issues with the motherboard maybe I should just leave the bios version alone I d be interested in hearing others takes on the issue CPU- AMD Athlon X GHZ Motherboard- amd gm-m RAM- CORSAIR CM X - C MHZ System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one - - - nbsp

A:System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one

Often a faulty memory stick will work by itself, but then fail once running in duel channel.

Unfortunately this is very difficult to test with two sticks, so there's no guarantee that this is the issue. You may just have to buy some new memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restarts-with-two-memory-sticks-fine-with-one.189047/
Relevancy 16.34%

Anybody here where can I watch how to create a system ? I want to learn to create a system .. can u help me.. thanks

A:How to create a system?

Probably the best PC building tutorial around. Make sure you watch all 3 parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-create-a-system.188978/
Relevancy 21.93%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 49.45%

I seem to have Sata hard drives going on me all the time but not the IDE drives and I was thinking is it all possible that it could be the Sata port causing this? Can an Sata port damage a hard drive?

A:SATA motherboard port killing my hard drives?

It's most likely a power supply issue, not SATA ports...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-motherboard-port-killing-my-hard-drives.188064/
Relevancy 16.34%

My processor is AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 4400 + (2 CPU's)
Memory is 3.5gigs ram
Directx 11
Display is Radeon X1300/X1500 series.

Should I just get rid of my pc and get a new one when I can afford it or should I buy parts for it?

A:How do I turn my PC into a gaming system?

What kind of motherboard do you have? It'd let everyone know just how much you can upgrade it.. But I honestly think you should get a whole new computer. I can't see your motherboard being able to take any Quad-Core (or more) processors. Merely a guess atm though.

If you don't know your motherboard-- http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/ --just download that and it will tell you.

If you do get a new computer you can safe your hard drive, cd-drom, power supply and case and save a few bucks. So all you'd really need is a Motherboard/CPU/GPU.. The power supply is a maybe, It depends on how many watts it is and what kind of connectors it has. Another thing you could let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-my-pc-into-a-gaming-system.187169/
Relevancy 16.34%

Is there a list or something someone can link me? How much does 2.2 use? 4.4?

A:How much CPU and RAM does the Droid's operating system use?

Roughly, the Android OS uses 7GB. The CPU usage as well as the RAM usage depends on how many downloads and apps are running at a given time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-cpu-and-ram-does-the-droids-operating-system-use.185761/
Relevancy 16.34%

My experience with computers is limited I want this to play iRacing http www iracing com membership system-requirements I already have a monitor keyboard mouse case graphics card Here is what I have so far looking to see if it will new Building for iRacing a system all work together in harmony ASUS P Z -M LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Building a new system for iRacing Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard http www newegg com Product Produ rue amp Keywords keywords amp Page scrollFullInfo COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power RS -PCARE -US W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBXL http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital WD RE WD ABYX GB RPM MB Building a new system for iRacing Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive http Building a new system for iRacing www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LITE-ON DVD Burner - Bulk X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM Black SATA Model iHAS - - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Microsoft Windows -bit Full Version - OEM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA G-P -N -TR GeForce GT HDMI GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks for your help in advance Let me know if I m missing anything I forgot the processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

A:Building a new system for iRacing

Hi I would make some changes:

ASRock H77 Pro4-M LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
EVGA 01G-P4-3650-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

I'm not quite sure if you said you already bought the graphics card. That'd be too bad IMO a 9800gt 1gb is a poor choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-system-for-iracing.186855/
Relevancy 16.34%

My System is Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD bios version F Proccessor AMD FX X SOCKET AM GHZ good FPS system low Very with MB CACHE NM Ram GB X mhz corsair ram HDD x gb WDB Sata HDD Graphic Cards MSI X AMD HD Crossfire My problem is I got seriosly low fps on everygame and I really need help because its really annoying trying to fix this like months now FPS in games like --- World of Warcraft MOP Ultra Settings with p res Min - fps-max Very low FPS with good system fps in main cities Very low FPS with good system and - other zones --- Witcher min fps max ultra settings with ubersampling on Min - max ubersampling off --- Battlefield min max p res all on ultra it was max when I was using driver with it drops to max somehow got texture flickering while looking far distance with sniper etc --- NFS Most Wanted Min Max with all settings on ultra Most people have better performance then me in games with same system less graphic card somehow Before this system I had AMD Phenom x ghz cpu gb mhz kingston ram with gtx and I made raid xWD GB HDD I was playing rift with min fps on p ultra settings supersampling on Then I formatted my pc when I opened rift I saw my fps was max with supersampling on So I changed my graphic card to single HD But this time it was fps more better in all games Some people said that my power supply watt xilence is low for that graphic card so I buyed a new one with watt xilence But I saw nothing changes I thought my cpu bottlenecking so I buyed current system on top and I saw that only more fps better in all games again I dont think this fps is normal with this system I tried nearly everyhing but nothing fix this problem Only I didnt change my hdd s yet Now most people says HDD is the problem but I dont wanna buy something for nothing again I plugged my second graphic card to x pc slot because of when I plug x both cards stick together and makes overheat problems I just changed it x to x after I got longer CF bridge cable Btw I tried second card in x - x and x pc slots all gives the same fps Here is a bechmark result while second card in x slot with windows http www dmark com dm And here is the second one with x slot windows http www dmark com dm I really need help atm because after all this changes my pc is like from year and im tired of searching what cause the problem nbsp

A:Very low FPS with good system

Is CF working? When I upgraded to 12.10 the second card wasn't being picked up so I rolled back to 12.8.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-low-fps-with-good-system.186825/
Relevancy 22.79%

Okay A data? Can I my recover few months ago I had a major shut down on my previous Laptop it turned to mush it slowly got worse Can I recover my data? and worse and the monitor went blue screened about times an hour and was just overused in fairness I got it second hand and it was already years old but they had it fixed up before giving it to me new pieces inside the computer extra ram and settings etc etc Anyway I ve given up on getting it fixed at this point in time I Can I recover my data? do have a couple things on there saved to the Desktop and other Folders such as Pictures n Such and other things I needed for work I managed to remake most of it and then silly me only had them on a USB I d been using about a month and it stopped working plug it into the computer and Nada the Charger Port is even gone and I can t get it turned on for a minute if I move the laptop even an inch the screen shows sections of rectangles all along it in funky colors until it just comes up black dark black as if the computer s off So here s my question finally is there a way for me to get my files from that computer and hook it up to my new one as like a storage device so I can get my stuff off of it and hopefully not any viruses lt lt quot Oh and as a side question Is there any way to get my files off my USB that just stopped working as I lost about of my work Again I don t need it urgently or anything it would just be nice to have it all back nbsp

A:Can I recover my data?

If a USB stick stops working, it's pretty much bye-bye. There are of course some things you can do, but I'm not going to bother explaining them as I don't believe it will help you.

As for your laptop hard drive: the question is, is it SATA? This is the power/data connectors on the harddrive.

It could be as simple as pulling out the HDD, and plugging it into another desktop computer. Or, into a USB HDD dock.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-recover-my-data.186663/
Relevancy 24.51%

I m using pen drives Kingston- GB and Transcend GB Transcend works fine on both my PC and Notebook But in my PC Kingston didn t copy drive: 7 Windows problem in Pen work properly while copying files to it When I insert the Kingston it is detected no problem when copying moving files from it to my PC speed was - MB sec and nothing happens when it is left on the port for hours But when copying files from PC to Kingston it was slow nearly - MB sec normally it ll be - MB sec and increasing and halts at some point and after some time a dialog box see attached pics And in my computer see the attached pic In my Pen drive: copy problem in Windows 7 laptop when copying the speed was slow - MB sec than normal but the copy was successful I ve formatted the Kingston both Quick and Full And tried uninstalling the drivers of the USB ports and the Kingston pendrive driver and reinstalled by refreshing Still the problem persists If you re not able to see the images here are Pen drive: copy problem in Windows 7 the direct links to the images https rapidshare com files Computer - - - - png https rapidshare com files Computer - - - - png https rapidshare com files Computer - - - - png nbsp

A:Pen drive: copy problem in Windows 7

I've had a similar issue before with a USB flash drive. The issue only occurred for me when reading data off it, but not when placing data on it. It almost seemed like it 'lost connection' with the computer somewhere along the way.

What worked for me was to try a different USB port. The one I had it in didn't seem to like the USB drive very much, and it worked in all other ports.

If that doesn't work for you, it sounds like part, if not most, of the flash drive is corrupted/gone bad. From what you said about the slower-than-normal speeds and the failing to write to it (in some cases), it appears a section might be partly broken. The only solution would be to get a new flash drive (or return this one, but for anything <16GB that's more often than not a waste of money). Before you do that though, test it in some other USB ports, and preferably on other machines than your desk- and laptop. If it continues to preform poorly, it's broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pen-drive-copy-problem-in-windows-7.185806/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I got from a friend his old computer that according to him it wasn t working anymore The MB its a Gigabyte GA- I p-G I got it running My idea for the computer is to use it as a small media server to stream to my tv s Now HDD motherboard IDE regarding about Home SATA question server & here comes the Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD question this motherboard has Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD IDE ports and SATA ports Can I use ALL of the ports I want to get it fill with HD s to save all my media thats why I am asking Will it work with all the ports full I dont want to spend money in a entire new computer right now I dont know if it can work with all IDE used plus adding SATA HD I want it to end like this IDE GB HD MASTER DVD DVD-RW SLAVE IDE GB MASTER GB SLAVE SATA TB SATA TB I am Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD just missing right now the sata HDD s and plan on buying them but I want to be sure I have the manual but it doesn t say anything about conflicts or something do you guys know anything about it Here is the link for the MB specs and manual http www gigabyte com products product-page aspx pid sp nbsp

A:Home server question about motherboard regarding IDE & SATA HDD

I recall comments re mixed IDE + SATA but don't recall the specific reference.

What should work is:

bootable system on one device (eg IDE)
storage device(s) shared (eg SATA)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/home-server-question-about-motherboard-regarding-ide-sata-hdd.184490/