Windows Support Forum

Faulty 9800 pro?

Q: Faulty 9800 pro?

Ive got a radeon 9800 pro off my friend. Im guessing its faulty cos the screen goes all distorted. Look at the pic:

Is there any way to fix a problem like this?

And secondly ive got a 9500 pro. In device manager it says "radeon 9500 pro/ 9700. And in rivatuner it tell me i have the 256bit R300 with 8 pipelines. The core is clocked at 263 and memory is 562. What do i have?? Im using the omega 2.6.25 drivers by the way.

And lastly how would the 9500 pro compare to a geforce 6200a, the one with a 64bit memory interface.

Thanks.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty 9800 pro?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty 9800 pro?

Looks like the 9800 is bad. You also lucked out and got a 9500 Pro with a 9700 core. You can use soft modded drivers and turn the card into a 9700. Check here http://www.techpowerup.com/. The 6200 is crap and the ones with 64bit memory are royal crap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-9800-pro.28237/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi all,

I am having trouble with the above graphics card namely random pixels and banding on the screen. I have the latest drivers from ATI & have also tried a second monitor and cable just in case. I believe I've identified the fault by testing against another ATI Radeon 9800 pro card, so it's not the AGP slot or the drivers or the monitor. The symptoms are random pixels and banding on the screen. These items of noise scale when you change modes and the problem occurs when the card is cold. I've checked the heatsink fan which is all ok. Any advice/remedy will be very welcome, thanks in advance.

braz

A:Solved: Faulty ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Please post your power supply unit specs like

-Make/Model
-12Volt rail amperage
-Total Watts

It could be the power supply, especially if you upgraded from a much older or weak card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-faulty-ati-radeon-9800-pro.618630/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hey, here's a simple question. Though.. I don't know the answer clearly, could someone clear this up?

The ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB is almost exactly the same price as the ATI All-In-Wonder (AIW) 9800 Pro 128MB and I'm wondering why. (Edit, BTW, both are manufactured by ATI and both are retail, non-OEM)

Does the regular 9800pro have advantages over AIW? and vice versa?

Are there no differences at all besides the fact that the AIW comes with a bunch of cool features and stuff including a remote?

Will order tomorrow, input GREATLY appreciated.

A:Radeon 9800 Pro vs AIW 9800 Pro

the clock speeds are the same as the 9800pro. i compared the size of my AIW 9800pro versus my friend's radeon 9800pro and my AIW is slightly smaller. his 9800pro also has ramsinks whereas my AIW does not (i am not sure if all radeon 9800pros have ramsink or not). anyhow, my AIW runs games the same as my friend's radeon.

if there is not that much of a price difference and you are willing to spend a bit more, i would get the AIW because it's pretty much the same as the radeon, except with all the goodies.

note: i am sort of bias because i do own an AIW.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800-pro-vs-aiw-9800-pro.7694/
Relevancy 39.99%

Sapphire 9800 Pro Atlantis vs. Sapphire 9800 Pro OEM

Whats the difference?
I know the atlantis comes with a sapphire fan, and the OEM has the stock ATI fan, is that it?

A:Sapphire 9800 Pro Atlantis vs. Sapphire 9800 Pro OEM

anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sapphire-9800-pro-atlantis-vs-sapphire-9800-pro-oem.283546/
Relevancy 39.99%

What is the difference between a geforce 9800 and geforce 9800 LE

A:Difference between a geforce 9800 and geforce 9800 LE?

The 9800 is a 256bit buswidth, and the LE version is only 128bits. Plain and simple, the LE version is crap.

By the way, if you are considering playing games, the 9800 pro version would be a huge step up over BOTH those cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-a-geforce-9800-and-geforce-9800-le.30889/
Relevancy 35.26%

HI I just bought a used all in wonder pro I have an nvidia card in the computer right now in which I plan to install this card I am wondering first if I have to use anything special to get rid of the nvidia drivers other than to deinstall them through add remove programs I thought I would ask what steps I should use rather than have a problem and be back asking for help WIth the older pcs I used to just shove in the new card and download drivers but I see so many people having problems with changing cards that I thought I should ask first and thank you very much in me pro new wonder all to 9800 Computer specs Intel PERL mobo XP pro sp X gig new to me all in wonder 9800 pro Kingston hyper X hyperthreading ram DDR onboard sound enermax watt psu lots of lights and flashy things ati tv tuner card which I will probably remove if this new video card works well probably new to me all in wonder 9800 pro forgot something if so please as PS won t be home from work till this evening so am not ignoring answers thank you so much nbsp

A:new to me all in wonder 9800 pro

Removing them through Add and Remove Programs is sufficient in most cases. If something goes wrong or you want to make sure almost every trace of the drive is gone then you can run DriverCleaner after using Add and Remove Programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-to-me-all-in-wonder-9800-pro.493789/
Relevancy 35.26%

So one day i was playing minecraft and my computer went on and off on and off on its own.... then when it finaly came back one ,everything was HUGE. so i tried to make it small but i couldn't i downloaded new gfx card drivers uninstalled my old drivers restarted installed my new drivers restarted and when it came back on it showed an right mark with 9800 gtx to it in the left corner.. so i tried to open a game but it still didn't want to open.. so i went to device manager and under Display adapters there was LogMeIN mIrror driver( Dunno wat this is ) and 9800 gtx /9800gtx + and that had an exclamation mark next to it - since everything has happend my pc is abit laggy could be my motherboard but let see, any help would be appreciated

A:NEed help with my 9800 gtx

You or someone installed logmein so you or they can remote into your PC that where the logmein driver came from.

You did try and change your resolution back to a higher setting right? You didnt say so, so I have to ask.

Id visit Nvidia and download the latest driver for your vid card and reinstall it! Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

The yellow exclamation mark is telling you there is something not right with the current HW/driver setup. A reinstall of driver should fix it!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/127030-need-help-my-9800-gtx.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi - I got a ATI 9800 Pro video card about 4 months ago. Its run pretty good till about a few weeks ago. When Im playing high end graphic games I will start to get alot of lines and distortion. I had the ATI catalyst drivers and switched to the Omega drivers and still the same thing. If I would switch screen resolution and then switch it back it would be fine for awhile, but now that doesnt even work. Fans are working fine and it doesnt seem hot at all. So I switched to my old NVidia card and it runs fine. Is there anything else I could try for the ATI card, I find it hard to believe the card is bad already.
Thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

hey i got a 9800 pro and im looking at the engine and memory clock speeds, plz tell me if these are right and if not why are they like that and what should they be?? their 324 and 290.5 respectively. to me i dont think thats right and if they aren't then wtf... i never touched them...

Relevancy 35.26%

If you have any kind of nvidia 9800 gc could you tell me if google sketchup runs properly on it? make sure hardware acceleration is on in prefs and check if you can select faces. Also could you tell me any openGL options that are available please.

Just i'm thinking of buying one and i've had problems with my ati 3870 not working with it properly so going over to nvidia.

thanks in advance

Relevancy 35.26%

I have an ATI Radeon 9800 installed on my system. My OS is Windows XP. I have the latest drivers installed and the latest 9.0b DX. If have noticed a several occasions when installing a screen saver or new game the system notifies me that I have no 3D hardware. If I do a dxdiag the system tells me under the display tab that Direct 3D Acceleration is not available. I think I have done everything except pull the card out and reseat it. The problem is driving me crazy. Any help appreciated.

A:Ati 9800

I had this problem when netmeeting was enabled .......not sure if thats Ure issue, but worth a mention. Also ensure that in the bios you have set an IRQ enabled for VGA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-9800.194613/
Relevancy 35.26%

Overclocking His Digital Ati 9800 Pro Exaliber Iced Q

A:Need Help With Ati 9800 Pro

P4 2.4 not overclocked
768 megs of ddr 400/pc 3200 ram
2x40 gig drives
HIS DIGITAL ATI 9800 PRO EXCALIBER ICED Q 128 meg
win xp
3dmark03:5540

need help with overclocking will this ati tool hurt my card if i leave it and let it run to find max speeds?? and everyone talks about cores how do i find out what mine is if u go to hisdigital.com u cna see my card could somone please tell me what to do to get the most performance out of my card and if oc it will even make a difference

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-ati-9800-pro.280265/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi i was wondering is it possible to pair a 9800 GT 1gb with a 9800 gt 512mb version and if so then could i use a 8800 gt 512mb seeing as they are the same card just re-branded?

cheers, matt

A:9800 GT 1 gb SLI?

Check the link. It may answer your question.

http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq.html#c3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-gt-1-gb-sli.118228/
Relevancy 35.26%

What is the difference between these cards? I was leaning towards the xfx gtx+ because of the lower price but what should i got for the best performance? thanks

A:9800 GTX+ or GTS 250?

They're the same chip, but the GTS 250 pushes a head slightly. It's a whole new build, so the card itself is smaller and has a thicker PCB which helps keeping it cooler.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/226225-9800-gtx-gts-250-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Greetings I have had repeated problems with this card in my system I am on the rd RMA of it Since the beginning I have replaced and upgraded my PSU I have ran memtest for hours It ran passes with no errors The symptoms 9800 gtx+ include mostly just lock up during gaming especially League of Legends When it doesnt completely lock up I get booted to windows and see quot Your display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot In the action center I am getting Description A problem with your video hardware caused 9800 gtx+ Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA E E BCP FFFFF F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Server information c e c- - cd -a -f e ae a Ive reinstalled the current drivers using GURU Driver Sweeper several times with non avail Please advise before I pull my hair out Thanks

A:9800 gtx+

it might be more OS related ,I had a similar issue with running ATI install after several failed attempts i was at wits end go through all the WIN updates hotfixes

re-do driver sweep restart then try to instsall driver again ,after that use a benchmarking tool to see if it will artifact again or quit

ps If card still stalls i would just try it in another machine if not try a different model ,also could be a faulty pci-e lane

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/159633-9800-gtx.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Aloha,
I just unpacked my video card and will install this in a brand new system being built. The new power cable that is connected to the video card has two connectors on it. One is suppose to go to the hdd and the one that came off of the hdd is suppose to go on the middle connection of the new cable. Is there some reason for doing that or can I just use one of my other spare cable from the power supply. TIA

Mahalo,
doogdoog

Relevancy 35.26%

I was trying to clear-up a problem with the above stated card. The sound was absent when viewing TV via the capture card, but all other sound functions work as normal. So, I decided to get the latest drivers (6.3 > 8.3). Well, everything went to hell and I'm preparing to reload the operating system (XP Pro SP2). Should I upgrade these drivers, or go back to the original drivers provided on the CD? I may have caused the conflicts by not un-installing the earlier version before loading the latest. I was hoping that newer software dwelt with somewhat common thread of "no sound" with this series of cards while watching TV. Lots of postings throughout the web, but no hard fast solutions.

Thanks in Advance, dm

Intel P4 3.2g 400mh fsb
Intel MB DP...?
2 gigs of Corsair ram running in dual-channel mode
XP Pro SP2 with all the latest up-dates

A:ATI AIW 9800 Pro

I have the same card and have had issues with newer drivers; if finally reverted to version 6.5. Occasionally I will have the TV no sound problem, but sound works otherwise. Reinstalling my Realtek AC97 sound drivers fixes the problem.

If you decide to go back to the original drivers, uninstall the current drivers in XP then use the ATI uninstall utility to get rid of more traces of the current driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-aiw-9800-pro.538600/
Relevancy 35.26%

Currently i can get a 9800 real cheap atm, but i dont know whih would be the better card out of the to below. Right now i have an 8800gts 512 that handles my most of my games ok, crysis can get real laggy on the 'high' settings tho.

One has 1024mb ram, the other has 28mhz more on the gpu clock, 246mhz on top of the ram clock & 71.8gb/s.

EVGA | Products 9 Series Family

EVGA | Products 9 Series Family

the 1024mb version is about $20 more expensive, so i would assume that one would be better.

A:which 9800 is better???

Hey fieseler,

I'd go for the 1Gb one,

28MHz isn't all that much and if you want, you can OC it with the EVGA Precision app to the level of the 512Mb one, You can't get the memory from 512MB to 1024Mb tho, right..

I just got an XFX 9800GTX+ 512Mb for Christmas and I must say I'm luuuvin' it!

Happy New Year

Amplid

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/200956-9800-better.html
Relevancy 35.26%

i have thisPSU :
problem is a) after updating nvedia driver system reboot (shutdown & start ) when try to run WEI before completing assesment. {SOLUTION} generic microsoft driver or nvedia 191.07 not older or newer,or downclock vedeo card .
b) when run DMARK VANTAGE system reboot at starting test 1
{SOLUTION} downclock vedeo card
my vedeo card e-GeForce 9800 GX2 SSC clock 675 i have to decrease to 600 and shader from 1674 to 1492 and memo from 1050 to 790
i think buying another psu but i want to be sure first , because as i said i can pass wei with default card setting if i install 191.07 driver i mean if it is a power problem why it passes with that driver.
look for reviews HERE

A:is it enough for 9800 gx2 ?

GX2's arent traditionally the best performing cards. 2 9800's or 8800's would perform better. that does seem about right. maybe update drivers and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/68707-enough-9800-gx2.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Aloha I had HELP 9800 ATI Pro All-In-Wonder a bad install while installing the installation catalyst software The installation was going good and after a while it stopped and a HELP ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro window popped up saying quot ATI CIM Application launcher module has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience HELP ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro If you were in the middle of something the information you were working on might be lost We have created an error report that you can send to us quot I retried installing the software again and the same message came out Update This morning I tried to reinstall the same software again so I could copy down exactly what was wrong but it completed the install I don t know if it copied everything ok so how do I check that Looking at the Catalyst CD install window there is a Remote Wonder button below the install button I tried clicking on that button and a window opened up saying quot Modify repair or remove the program quot I clicked on modify and there were a couple of things with check marks in front so I said to install and it did I think When the initial install went in did it install the quot ATI Remote Wonder quot HELP ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro software or do I somehow have to install it After the initial install on the right side of my monitor there is a vertical bar with some small icons on it but it is not filled all the way down Going down verticall on the bar they are some icons going about down and the next is empty and then the last has some icons again Does this look normal Sorry for all the questions but I ran out of ideas In the device manager I have a yellow exclamation mark where it says other devices When I clicked on that the quot SM Bus Controller quot has a yellow exclamation mark and on the top of the screen window there are two monitors one with an quot X quot on it and the other one has a round circle with a line going thru it When I put my mouse pointer the first one it says uninstall and the other one says disable What is the problem here and how can I fix this I have to leave for a little but will be back in a couple of hours TIA Mahalo doogdoog nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

Alright so heres the deal i bought a 9800gtx+ from tiger direct and well im enjoying it but i bought a gtx260 from best buy to see what the difference is. i was debating should i keep the 9800GTX+ and return the gtx260 or should i keep the gtx260? lemme tell you that the gtx260 is the one wit 192 processor cores if that helps because i see alot with 240 and its pissing me off.

A:GTX 260 or 9800 GTX+

Well, the GTX260 does beat the 9800gtx+ in everything, especially at higher res. I've had both. Actually, I just sold the GTX260 and went to a GTX280 and I have the 9800GTX+ OC in my home beater.. Both good cards... but the GTX260 is better. If you can afford it then ya, keep the 260.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-260-or-9800-gtx.119568/
Relevancy 35.26%

Is there a way to cool down the ATI 9800 Pro 128MB video card.
My card reaches 45-51c constantly while playing games. I want to keep/bring it down before it fries on me. I have three case fans in the case and that's not working to help cool the card.
The HD-34c, CPU-38-42c, video card-45-51c.

I have this exact card:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/r9800pro.html
and this little heatsink fan isn't doing it's job. Thanks.

I also have the VGA Silencer rev.3 that I used for my ATI 9600 AIW. Will this cooler also work with the 9800Pro?

A:ATI 9800 Pro

That cooler should work, since the cores are pretty much in the same spot. I myself got overheating issues with the 9800 PRO 256MB GDDR2 card, same cooling, and I must admit, up until late, ATI has done minimal with cooling thier cards. A Thermaltake Giant cooler will keep the card well within temps, as mine hovers at 36C at full load, clocked at 410Mhz, quite the investment for only 25 bucks or so nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro.44565/
Relevancy 35.26%

PLS HELP
GEFORCE 220 1GB OR GT 9800 512MB

FOR GAMING....
DONT KNOW WHICH 1 IS BETTER

USER REVIEW ONLY

A:Gt 220 or gt 9800

ummmmm the 9800 gt is the better of the two but neither are good for gaming..... at least not newer games, if you want a good gaming card your gonna have to spend at least $100

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/61606-gt-220-gt-9800-a.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Is anyone else having my problem???
I bought a new ATI All In Wonder 9800 video card, installed it and it worked fine. Then I received an Email from ATI that a major update was available. I downloaded (Catalyst 5.4) and installed and nothing has worked since. It crashed and disabled forever my Pinnacle 9.3 and my Windows Media 10. Ati says they have fixed it with a patch which I downloaded and installed, but I still get the error "ATIMMC.EXE has experienced a problem and must close. We are sorry for any inconvenience". So far it has not been fixed.
Does anyone know of a fix?
mrlou

Relevancy 35.26%

Im having extreme difficulties with my 9800 Pro Powercolor Pro card When I have installed it it runs perfect for a while Then the frame rates 9800 Pro drop untill it becomes unplayable Then it crashes and wont rebbot I thought the problem to be overheating so i purchased another fan for it it works fine for a while then does the same The pro has an inbuilt fan tho Surely this should be powerfull enough to cool down the card itself I keep getting in contact with powecolor TUL coporation but they keeps ghetting me to unistall the drivers and try reinstalling them Ive done this before it doesnt work ATI told me to do it foxconn motherboard manufacturer told me that the on-board VGA auto-diabled so that rules out the software conflict Any got any idea s please Im getting rather fed up of this not working after the spent on it Im runnign AMD Athalon XP GHz Windows XP SP Mb RAM GB HD w PSU i dont see why it can be doing this nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

i bought a 9800pro and everytime i turn off my comp and then try to turn it back on my screen flickers and and get weird shapes and stuff on screen plz help
do i need to boost power to card or wut???and if so...how?
specs:
2.6 p4
350w
soyo dragon 2v1.0 black label
512 ram
yadda yadda

A:Help with 9800 pro

It could be a weak power supply. Can you swap in a different card? that will help narroe it down. What brand is the card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-9800-pro.19448/
Relevancy 35.26%

hey all,
having a slight problemo at the moment. I want to be able to watch movies off my computer on my TV, but its not working. I have set up the TV to show what the computer screen shows, but if i open a movie in windows media or real player, it doesn't show. It still shows anything around the movie, but where the actual movie is showing on the screen, the TV just shows a blank area. Does anyone know how to fix this??

My graphics card is a radeon 9800 pro, operating in windows xp.

thanx

A:TV out on 9800 pro

Set the TV as the primary display and all will be good.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-out-on-9800-pro.326533/
Relevancy 35.26%

hi guys i firstly want to say really great forum and i need helps i have old my system P ghz gb ddram w ps old my card mb 9800 se ati help me geforce and i changed my ati 9800 se help me video card with mb bit ati see but i have some problem I installed the card driver automatically i don't know this is right so maybe i should install from ati website each nearly i want try again for new system points but system ati 9800 se help me is frozen http img imageshack us img fdsfsdfdg png i did reset and then give me this reason http img imageshack us img gfhfghfgh png http img imageshack us img jhgjhgj png http img imageshack us img fgdfgdfg png windows auto driver info http img imageshack us img dfdsfd png What would you recommend should I delete windows auto driver and then i should install from ati driver web site or if you know where please give me ati se driver link i am sorry my english i hope you understand me thanks in ati 9800 se help me advance have a nice day

A:ati 9800 se help me

AFAIK, there is no W7 support/drivers for the 9800SE. You might to be able to get Vista drivers installed in compatibility mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98861-ati-9800-se-help-me.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I tried to figure this out on my own with no sucess I got this card looking foward to having monitors hooked up to this video card unfortunatly it looks like I might not be able to do this The card has a slot for my pin vga connection at least one monitor works great but there is an additional PC out S-video connection to hook up a TV aand use it as an extra monitor Hooking up the card to the TV sucks as the resolution is horrible and I cant read the text I am still hoping there might still be a way to hook up the extra monitor I have Is this possible If not is there another option other than HDTV to get the resolution I want for my extra monitor Are there monitors outs there with a S-video connection FYI I m not looking for a Y adapter for my VGA connection I want to expand my desktop space onto my other montior Also I have an extra video card here so maybe ATI Pro 9800 AIW if I hook that up it ll ATI AIW 9800 Pro do what I want Thx in advance nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

can someone help me find a fan / heatsink unit for the ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128mb. i am having trouble finding it. a link would be most appreciable. Thank You

would this be compatible
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=993564

what i have in there right now is a 45mm fan inside a parallelogram shaped heatsink.

Relevancy 35.26%

Been asking around alot and i've narrowed it down to two cards.
MSI and ATI.(both are retail,msi includes a nice game package aswell)
The other ones are either bulk or oem.(no manuals etc)
Still a ***** to decide though.
Help me out here guys.

Post some comments aswell plz.
Thx again.

MSI
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...14-127-127&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Video+Cards

ATI
http://www.futurepowerpc.com/scripts/details.asp?PRDCODE=VCAT-100435002&REFID=PW&tab=0

Any suggestions?Plz post some comments aswell.
Thx in advance.

A:ATI or MSI 9800 pro?

Go with whatever is providing the better package. Unless you want to get great overclocking results, you should be fine with any 9800. I had a crucial one for a while and it ran great, and overclocked without any problems. If you look around you can get some 9800pros for around 130ish.

If you like/want those games, go with MSI. Even if you don't, go with it anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-or-msi-9800-pro.14267/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi everyone,

I've really been looking forward to purchasing a second card to SLI with. I've gotten Crysis to about 40 fps on very high and want to get it to a playable performance. Anyway, the card I purchased a few months ago is EVGA's GeForce 9800 GTX 512MB. Problem is, local retailers only carry the GTX+ model, which looks the same and has all the same specs but is nagging at me with that little +. So my question is, is hooking a GTX and a GTX+ up for SLI a bad idea? Are they similar enough that it won't make a difference?

Thanks!

Mav

A:SLI With 9800 GTX(+)

According the the NVidia SLI FAQ, No: http://www.slizone.com/page/slizone_faq#c3
The both need to be the GTX model.

But NVidia is working on changing that, its supposedly part of the 180 driver series changes. Also the GTX and GTX+ are nearly identical so maybe they already work in SLI together.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sli-with-9800-gtx.779587/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have All ATI in Wonder 9800 recently installed an ATI Radeon All in Wonder and the multimedia features like ATI All in Wonder 9800 TV tuner and video capture seem to be working fine but whenever I try to play a game the game will run for about - minutes before my display shuts off and says quot No input signal going to power saving mode quot However my sound is still going and it sounds like the game is still playing in the background I have installed the latest Catalyst drivers and the net framework and I installed DirectX c from Microsoft and I ve updated all the drivers for my motherboard So far I ve tried playing Homeworld Morrowind the one that came packaged with the game and Battle for Middle Earth and I ve been getting similar kinds of problems with all three I ve tried replacing my AiW with a new one thinking it might have been that card specifically that was defective but i m still having the same problems I ve also tried emailing ATI on this they re no help either I am running on Windows XP SP on a PC with the following specs AMD Athlon XP mb RAM Soyo MB KT Dragon Plus CDRW drive DVDRW drive ATI AiW w Ultra power supply Seagate barracuda HDD Linksys wireless PCI adapter Any help would be appreciated Jon nbsp

A:ATI All in Wonder 9800

Power Saving

The only thing i can think of is to turn power saving off, right click your desktop then go to properties. Then click the "screen saver" tab and click the icon labeled power. From there you can turn off all of those power saving options.

I dont know wether this will work but if it doesnt then i have not got any more ideas. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-all-in-wonder-9800.20901/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello guys.

I'm about to get a Radeon 9800 and here is what I think I will get :

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9800proatl.asp

It will cost me ? 226 here in Belgium (9800 Pro 128 MB 256bit).

What do you think, is that a good choice ?

If not, here is other stuff that is available ....

I also can get a 9600 XT 256 MB for ?183 (link ) so I wonder if the performance difference between these two are worth the extra ?43, also considering the 9600 XT has 256 Ram instead of 128 for the 9800 Pro. What would you advise me to do ?

A:Which 9800 to get ?

The 9800 Pro without hesitation.

Just make sure it's a 256-bit card. If it would turn out to be a 128-bit card while it was being advertised as a 256-bit card, Sapphire is obliged to replace it for you with a real 256-bit card.

Have fun.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-9800-to-get.13924/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all Think my PC is stuffing up video cards Changed the standard heatsink on my old MSI Radeon Pro to a Arctic cooling one realised it did not fit duh Pro problem 9800 so put standard one back on Put back in PC booted nothing No output from video card Thought I had killed my video card when changing VGA 9800 Pro problem cooler so bought another This one already had a Arctic coolong cooler fitted great I thought Put in pc connected correctly nothing no output same as my card Tried in a mates pc Same Tried his old Ti in mine fine Tried all following 9800 Pro problem Different power leads Reset CMOS thought it might help Still nothing and I am now left with TWO dead video cards Before I rush out and buy another or throw my PC out of window in desperation does anyone know why this 9800 Pro problem might be happenening Is my PC killing these cards and how PLease help before I go bald Ta all in advance Phil nbsp

A:9800 Pro problem

As no noe has replied yet, perhaps a few specs might help, sorry should ave thought of this before:

Asus A7N8X - E Deluxe motherboard
XP2600+ with Arctic cooling cooler
512mb DDR PC2700
Antec PSU
Maxtor 300gb HDD

Cant think of anything else you might need to know.

Please help, someone, anyone..........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-problem.60180/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey!
I've been trying to sort out my Radeon 9800 for some time now, its an 'HIS IceQ Excalibur 9800Pro 128mb' every 5-10minutes the screen will totally currupt itself, this happens at totally random intervals.
Heres a pic of what happens to my screen!
After following earlier advice I tried placing a large fan on the side with no luck, I'm using a 350w PSU, so not sure if it's that!
I've also returned the card twice and the problem remains exactly the same!
I'm using the latest drivers, and the latest directX on a clean install of XP!

So does anyone know what the problem is as I've been trying to work it out for a while now!!!!!????????

Relevancy 34.83%

ati radeon 9800 pro whenever its attached to my pc even with the newest drivers my pc crashes,anyone had the same problems?doesnt seem to be over heating an is dust free.

A:radeon 9800

Try disabling your anti-virus and see if it still crashes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800.80846/
Relevancy 34.83%

New to this site but here s the skinny I have a Sony Vaio PCV-RX w a weak video card amp want to upgrade A friend told me it is agp slots a Ati 9800 this Pro FAKE??? Is I have but don t know if it is X or X Does the card I need to buy need to be specifically X or X Is this Ati 9800 Pro a FAKE??? I am looking the ATI Pro Is this Ati 9800 Pro a FAKE??? or XT Second qustion comes on actually buying the card Has anyone looked on ebay they are significantly less yet these quot Power Sellers Is this Ati 9800 Pro a FAKE??? quot that sell thousands of these cards have good reviews Does anyone know or have an opinion if there are counterfeit cards I would assume a few gamers out there would buy these cards amp leave negative reviews if these cards are slower yet there are few amp everyone seems to be happy w their cards Anyone have advise or experience Do I have X or X agp amp do I have to get specific video card for my comp if its X or X ebay cards are they fake conterfeit modded refurbished or a bunch of chip amp transistor junk Any help deeply appreciated hotouch nbsp

A:Is this Ati 9800 Pro a FAKE???

hello and welcome to techspot.

1. Do I have 4X or 8X agp, & do I have to get specific video card for my comp if its 4X or 8XClick to expand...

the sony vaio you mentioned has a 4x agp slot. agp 8x cards are backwards compatible with 4x, so an 8x card would work (ideally).

2. ebay cards are they fake, conterfeit, modded, refurbished...or a bunch of chip & transistor junk?Click to expand...

if you make an unwise purchase, you can easily end up with a peice of crap. know what you are buying.

I am looking @ the ATI 9800 Pro or 9600XTClick to expand...

look at the msi nx6600gt-vtd128 instead. it costs less and has much better performance than said ati models. i own one and have nothing but good things to say, as do all the reviews i've seen.

I have a Sony Vaio (PCV-RX650), w/ a weak video card & want to upgrade!Click to expand...

this is your problem: the fact that it's a sony vaio. not only is your power supply too weak to drive the new card, but your case doesn't have sufficient cooling. there's even a chance you have a type of case that lacks physical space for the bigger cards. and, because it's a sony vaio (and thus oem), you'll find it impossible to get replacement parts to make your computer able to accept the desired upgrades. and, it uses sony-engineered chips and boards, so it's performance will lag even more. plus, the 4x agp slot more just about halves your potential graphics performance.

the bottom line is, you can't improve the performance of your vaio: it's stuck where it is. if you want to change that bad, a radeon 8500 or something is the best you'll do. it's too bad, but true nonetheless. in the future, i reccommend that you build or buy a custom pc, probably available at a local pc shop to avoid setbacks such as this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-ati-9800-pro-a-fake.26166/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello,

I have a P4 3GHz. I just upgraded from a Geforce 4 to an ATI 9800 PRO.

It seems that every game I play is very dark. All the games have a gamma slider adjust, but it does not seem to function (it worked fine with my Geforce 4). I have explored the desktop properties and messed around with some settings but nothing worked there either.
It would also seem that I cannot adjust Antialiasing settings.

In both cases the gamma and AA sliders move, but have no effect.
When I put my Geforce back in everything seems fine.
Could I have gotten a bad card, or could there be something else?

Yes, I do have all the latest drivers.

Thanks!

Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys ive tryed everything hopefully you can help before I end up reformatting

Besides the picture i have attatched my graphics card has 2 slots in the hardware list the regular 9800 and the 9800 secondary.?
While playing any game it kicks me out to the blue screen that has errors regartding my ati dll files always a different one each time. I installed the drivers back from the disk that came with the card but while installing the drivers I get a "Zero Service Display" Error
My pc specs
Amd Athlon 2700+
Albatron KX600 Pro MB
768mb DDR ram
200 Gyg Maxtor HD
If you need any more info please let me klnow

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi i was running Radeon 9800 pro 128mb and it ran for about 4 months. It was perfect it use to crash but its was fine. But then my computer wasnt booting up all the time and now windows wouldn't start up. If i take the card out everyhting runs fine. I sent the card and got it replaced and now the replacement does the same thing, so i dont know what to do. Any help
sean

A:Radeon 9800 pro

We've seen here on TS several problems with the 9800 cards. Screen corruptions, crashes, BSOD's....

Sometimes the GPU fan is not working, sometimes the video RAM gets too hot.

Try pointing a case fan to it, and check if it works properly for a longer period of time.
If it does, it's definitively overheating.

Regards :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800-pro.76301/
Relevancy 34.83%

hello i have searched and searched for a solution to my problem i find one and then it shows up again the problem When i play ANY kind of game everything freezes and this happens very frequently the only solution is to restart using the button after i press the button the first screen that appear is the type of my motherboard P K the screen is not clear on some places there are missplaced squares booting starts nothing is clear everything has problem big GTX very 9800 missplaced GTX 9800 very big problem squares when windows logo appears there are vertical lines going from top to bottom usually there are groups of these lines group lines next to each other with small space between after the windows logo black screen and no welcome message if i wait long enough a blue screen appears saying quot dumping physical memory on disk quot and then goes restart this has been happening the day i installed Windows on my PC i had XP before that and it worked PERFECTLY i have intel Core Duo CPU E GHz gb RAM Win bit Nvidia GTX mb Driver version RS- -PCAP-A Power Supply W Asus P K motherboard i do now know how to check what kind of fan i have attached i am using SensorsView to track tepm and fan speed it says Core c Core c GPU a to c on start of PC and normal use no use of programs who take a lot of memory AUX c there was a HDD temp but now its gone after last attempt to successfully boot PC CPU fan speed is around RPM also there is VCoreA V V V V V PLEASE HELP i am going nuts here hoping MY PC wont freeze that i wont have to hope for some sort of miracle for successful boot - - if any other information is needed please write and i will try find NOTE when i try safe mode it boots up but there are those blue lines in the background i wrote about in start of the post i hope the lenght of the post wont scare you and you will read everything

A:GTX 9800 very big problem

hi and welcome to the forums
i would try and reinstall windows again with all these problems would seem to be the best answer for you check your system specs again and see windows 7 requirements here
Windows 7 system requirements - Microsoft Windows
blue screens are a bad sign and windows is shutting you down to stop any damage to the pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/124799-gtx-9800-very-big-problem.html
Relevancy 34.83%

GTX 9800 very big problem

i posted here my issue but i didnt get some help that really helped me
so now i repost about this with some new questions

you can see what kind of computer i have and the problem i receive .. i formated C , reinstalled windows 7 and updated it .. still same problem .. i took it to a repair shop but they told me grafic card is "broken" and i need a new one but i do not trust them because they like to make profit .....

my question : what could be the problem that the grafic card is showing, how to fix it , and is there some kind of shortage in requirments or if some of of the stuff i got in my pc is not supporting with the card and is causing it to malfunction .
can someone tell me please thank you

A:a problem with GTX 9800

have you checked the warranty on the card? you might be able to get a replacement.
I wouldn't assume they say it's broken just to make a profit, they don't make that much money on it as someone else mentioned, the fact that it's displaying "freaky" signs during boot tells me the card itself is busted. check the card for "popped" transistors and make sure the card slot is clear of dust and other filth. then try to reseat.

it would help if you had a friend with a gfx card, so we can rule out motherboard issues.

you should think about getting a new power supply regardless of wether or not the PSU has anything to do with this. they're not that badly priced nowadays, and it's better if you want to upgrade in the future.

first stop though, find someone with a card you can borrow to rule out motherboard..second, check the warranty on your card and arrange a replacement if you can hope this helps..

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/126566-problem-gtx-9800-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Soyo mini dragon case SoyoKT MB AMD XP UltraMemory Stick MB PC ATI XT AGP MB A ATX watt power supply Artec CDRW DVDPlayer Ultra Fire VPU XT ErrorWith 9800 Athlon XP Heatsink and Fan XP compatible STARTed out that my system would hang and eventually shut down during Far Cry game Playusing ATI card set to Xwith apeture size set to m downloaded and installed new drivers didn t VPU ErrorWith 9800 XT help Tried setting to X same problem Exchanged Power Supply to Ultra Watt ATXdidn t help changed memory added sticks Crucial MB PC reset dram speed to then back to BY SPD problem still occured Changed Video card added geforce mx - X MB reset apeture size to m Game play lasted a little longer maybe two minutes but now system automatically just reboots no hang time nonothing one second game next restarting Reinstalled ATI card and PC memory made all necessary changed in CMOS Now when system hangs during game I get a breif Error message saying VPU error VPU recovery trying to restart drivers but system either shuts down or my monitor Goes to sleep and the only way to get back is to power down system Monitor power saver is turned OFF Dont know what else to try everything listed at top of page is a week old just got it and I don t know what else to try Contacted both ATI and Soyo but neither has replied yet Any thing you can add will be tried with in reason nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi guys I have a oldish meshcomputer i added ram making GB and i added a pro here) (New 9800 please. Help Overheating pro? taken from another computer Specs- P GHZ GB ram x Nanya ram x mb GeIL value ram pro mb Latest Catalyst drivers Overheating 9800 pro? Help please. (New here) I had an error while playing BF i was on a server and shadows seemed weird I took screenshots and they came out like this I was told that it maybe my graphic card overheating overclocked But my fan is spinning although it does sound dodgy sometimes and i have not overclocked my card what-so ever I then proceeded to touch the back of my video card it was very hot I couldnt keep my finger there for seconds I took the card out of A computer and it had a molex connector which was ver y difficult to take out I managed to get it out and when i put the molex connector from my pc i noticed the molex was sharing wires from another fan so i presumed it could be used for my graphic card fan too i pushed the molex it it is of the way in im scared that if i push it harder i may damage the graphic card Anyway I saw a Artic cooling solution and was thinking of buying that more money Or a fan in the front of the computer but i cant see how that can help alot I look forward to your suggestions P S HERE IS A PIC OF THE CARD BOTTOM ONE nbsp

A:Overheating 9800 pro? Help please. (New here)

the 9800's naturally run hot. as for this power connector, you said it came off a fan's circuit. some fan power connectors do not contain enough conductors or are not rated to supply current to components. make sure you're using a pass-through with 4 conductors and it isn't marked 'fan only'. same goes for the wire running back to the psu. so tell me, what brand, model, and watt-rating is your power supply.

other things to try:
-update device drivers
-update game to latest patches (if available)

have you seen this or any other troublesome behavior in any other games?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-9800-pro-help-please-new-here.28861/
Relevancy 34.83%

i just bought a ati radeon 9800 pro by ati and half life 2. after installing both, i played hl2 for like 2 hours, then after that much time, the texture become all messed up. And now, every app including 3-d screen savers look all screwed up.

So far, i have try updating the driver but it dont work.

my pc specs are

p4 1.8 ghz
intel d845ebg2 motherboard
256 mb memory
40 gig hd
320 watt power supply (on the box, it said i need atleast 300)
also, i dont think my vid card is overheating, i have a heatsink blowing right at it, and there is one built on the video card it self. Also, i let turned my pc off for like 4 hours to let the vid card cool down, but it made no difference.

Relevancy 34.83%

Alright every time I start a game about seconds after the game loads the monitor 9800 problem Pro shuts off The CPU stays on it s just that the monitor shuts off This is very annoying I m not sure what the problem is After doing some googling and stuff I really haven t found an answer Closest thing would be overheating Would overheating shut off the monitor I was using a GeForce MX before the Pro without a single problem Was able to play every game I had Was lookin for a better experience in the Pro but I seem to only be getting hell So I switched cards again went back to my GeForce deleted the ATI drivers and I m not having the problems So it must be my card The card is brand spanking new I m about ready to just start makin heads 9800 Pro problem roll This has me so frustrated I ve read other places that people are having similar problems people only offer that it s overheating Has anyone 9800 Pro problem had this problem with a Pro Did you fix it One more thing after I put 9800 Pro problem the card for a second time to retry it windows loads ridiculously slow I have Windows XP Pro It gets to the screen where you choose which account you want to log in with without a problem Once you click that it takes like seconds for the desktop wallpaper to show up then like another seconds for the icons to show up It s ridiculous I got the card off Newegg The first card they sent me had problems so I had to return it This card is working it s just having problems maybe overheating I ve also heard the drivers have a lot of problems Tomorrow I ll be buying a few fans to keep it cool Can anyone offer advice on what the problem is and how to fix it nbsp

A:9800 Pro problem

First of all, list your complete system specs including power supply. That will help.

I have installed many 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800 ati cards. You MUST have a quality 350W+ ps. These cards use a lot of current. When changing from an nvidia card to an ati card, you must delete the old nvidia driver first. I like to use an app called driver cleaner. After you use the uninstall feature of the old driver, you run driver cleaner. It will remove some additional files from your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9800-pro-problem.282649/
Relevancy 34.83%

i just installed Ati RAdeon 9800 pro 128 mb in my pc and with all the games, i am getting artifacts.

My pc spec.
-mobo:msi k8tneo
-amd athlon 62 3200 +
-200 gg hd maxtor
-512 mb ram
-480 watt powesupply.
I tried this card in my old pc, and i am getting the same result.

Relevancy 34.83%

I got Mike s OK to post this so all is cool forum wise I have an MSI pro for MSI sale: pro. 9800 For sale that For sale: MSI 9800 pro. I am asking firm I paid for this card and have been on again off again about selling it I have received an X XT PE and have no further use for this card I had installed it in my wife s machine but she has a brain tumor and can t take the frequencies that this card puts out I had to put the Nvidia gforce For sale: MSI 9800 pro. FX back in her machine The gives her seizures The card has and a half years of warranty left on it through newegg You may have to send it to me to get warranty service but I would be willing to take care of that as long as you pay shipping I will not rip anybody off this is For sale: MSI 9800 pro. my hangout and I would hate to get a bad rep here I would rather somebody paid me by personal check and when the check clears I ship the card I would imagine that if the check were for it would cover the cost of shipping This is an exceptional pro it has a core and registers with win xp as an XT right off the bat I will include pictures of both the front and back of the card As you can see the heat sink covers the ram on the front side and the heat spreader covers the ram on the back side The price is non negotiable as I am selling it at less than what I paid for it in July I did not clean the card up it is as pulled Anybody interested should PM the skivvywaver TSG is in no way involved or responsible for this sale http forums techguy org attachment php attachmentid I hav posted this in forums games and hardware Not with the intention of double posting just to let all concerned see the deal Edit This is a dual post It is also posted in the games forum If a mod decides to delete one of these posts please delete this one Tks Scott nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Ive been having this problem where everying locks up but the mouse then the mouse locks up then the screen turns black and then the computer beeps and then comes back on. And it give me a send error report thingy, it will do this 12-14 times a day. Mosly while idlng or on the internet. For some reason it doesent lock up while on games.

It also seems to run SOME games like crap. Espessialy old games.

Athalon 2400
512 ram
9800 pro

A:9800 pro twitching

Run a HijackThis log from here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

Put the program in its own folder because it creates a backup and after you have about ten of these you start to think about deleting them.
After you run hijack this, save it to the notepad and paste it in a message here. Don't fix anything just yet...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/9800-pro-twitching.264807/
Relevancy 34.83%

Is the 9800 pro worth the 60 dollars more then the 9600xt?

Relevancy 34.83%

Radeon 9800 Pro reviewed -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/29606.html

ATI's new Radeon 9800pro, 9600pro, and 9200

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/200303...0306/index.html

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1794

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDM5

http://www.ati.com

Eric,

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

A:Radeon 9800 Pro

Very impressive card, although there doesn't seem to be very much improvement from the 9700 PRO. I would expect the GeForce FX 5800 Ultra to perform better .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800-pro.4560/
Relevancy 34.83%

ok.

this is a cost and effect issue

I was going to buy a Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

because it was cheaper.

but now im not sure.

i read a reveiw (toms hardware)

that currently the 9800PRO 128 is no different than 256. in speed.

but in FUTURE games, when texture resolutions in games will be higher, the 256MB model will push ahed

and i won't have to buy a new card as soon if i bu ther 256 mb model now.

it might seem like it a waste of money, but is it? cuz in the future, it wil be worth the extra dollars.

right?

Relevancy 34.83%

ok ive decided to get either e refurb 9800 SE for 91 , or the 9600xt for 106. now ive looked at the stats and according to what i read, the xt is better. what do you think. which will be better for doom 3?

A:9800 SE or 9600 XT

The only 9800SE worth anything is Powercolors because it has a 256bit memory bus, its actually a regular 9800. It runs at 380/680 and can usually be OC'd a good bit and some of them can be softmodded to a 9800 Pro.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-se-or-9600-xt.14391/
Relevancy 34.83%

Is it normal for the whole card to be hot? I even have a case fan blowing directly on it. This is the card Im returning to Powercolor because of artifacting. I had a 9500 that ran hot but not like this one. My 8500 didnt get hot even when I OC'd it.

A:Very HOT Radeon 9800.

have you had the card long? if so, try to re-apply thermal compound to the GPU & heat sink & kleen the fan.
if it's brand new, its your chioce to either check out the amount of compound on the GPU, or send it back .
in my travels i have found that the amount of Thermal compound applied by the Factory is barely enough.
To answer your question,, all or 98% of the heat should be in the heatsink itself. If the "card" is hot,,, heat transfer is in question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-hot-radeon-9800.14285/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello to all.

I have just aquired a Saphire 9800pro 128 and after following ALL the instructions just cant get any video signal through it at all. When I put it in and reboot the monitor just stays on stand-by mode - there is no signal getting through the card at all.

All prev drivers rmvd, and proper AMD-761 chipset AGP drivers installed.

I haven't yet installed ATI drivers.
I'm gutted, can any one help?

Cheers!
A

Athlon XP2000
Gigabyte GA-7DX+
512 Ram
Soundblaster Audigy EAX
Two HDD
XP SP1

A:9800 Pro just will not work!

Is your system posting yet not giving a signal? Does it do a sucessful post? (when you turn on your pc, it should do a single beep briefly if its a successful post).

The card could be a lemon, you may have to RMA it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-just-will-not-work.14741/
Relevancy 34.83%

I bought my ati 9800 pro (oem) some months back and have enjoyed using it thus far.
However, with two imminent blockbusting titles only weeks ( I hope) from release and with the introduction of new cards by nvidia and ati, am thinking that its time I upgraded again but I can't afford any of the new cards, being limited to a maximum 200 budget, however, I'v noticed that the 9800xt range of cards have come down to a more reasonable level but my question is - would upgrading from a plain 9800 pro to a 256 meg 9800xt show a significant leap in performance or should I save up for the x800 series?

A:9800 to 9800xt

I'd save up Vega. If you have a 128mb card then the upgrade might make Doom 3 a little smoother to play but to be honest I don't think a 9800 Pro -> XT upgrade will do that much for your performance. You would be better off with an Arctic Cooler for the card and overclocking it a little. You can see a comparison between stock and the arctic cooler (available from about 12 online) here. Might even get you up to 9800XT speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-to-9800xt.14559/
Relevancy 34.83%

I bought a Sapphire Tech video card awhile back (when it was $360). I can only OC it about 10mhz before I get artifacts.

I think for $360 it shoulda been better, but whatever. Anyways, I was wondering if someone could recommend a good VGA cooling solution?

I was thinking about the Arctic Cooling Silencer 3 for ATI.

A:Cooling my 9800 Pro

ThermalTake Giant III,,Hands down

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-my-9800-pro.15215/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was about to order a Radeon 9600Pro today off newegg for $150 when i noticed a back to school special. Newegg offers the ATI OEM SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800 128MB Non Pro for $249. Is the extra $100 worth the 9800Non pro? And how does the 9800 non pro rank with the other Radeon cards.

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi recently bought a radeon pro and tried to install it After going through the hardware installation wizard don t ask I honestly don t know why Problem 9800 new with pro I used this Problem with new 9800 pro either my screen went all choppy and corrupt so this time I booted up the driver disk and followed the autoplay options to install the ATI drivers etc After restarting my computer however it would get to the windows XP loading bar and then instead of the next screen being the log in screen it would come up black and white quot corrupt quot like before no images just black and white squares over my screen Reinstalled my old graphics card ti and that still worked fine so found a program to remove my ati drivers and then when I put the back in it would allow windows to load but the screen was still corrupt and once again after I installed the drivers from the CD my system wouldn t load again Any ideas would be gratefully received nbsp

A:Problem with new 9800 pro

Welcome to Techspot/1

Did you remove the old drivers first and revert to standard vga drivers ,then install the 9800>drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-new-9800-pro.16952/
Relevancy 34.83%

ive been checkin newegg and pricewatch for weeks now and i cant find any 9800SE,NP,or pro's available. same with the 9700Np,pro.

A:Where have the 9800's and 9700's gone!

The manufacturers are trying to phase out AGP cards to get people into PCI Express faster.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-have-the-9800s-and-9700s-gone.17969/
Relevancy 34.83%

I play unrealtournament 2004 alot and i have a radeon 9800 128mb, 512 ram in my comp and a 80 gig hard drive but yet i only get a avg of 10-30 fps in the game. is that right!? any ideas tell me

A:Radeon 9800...

What processor do you have? Have you installed the latest Catalyst drivers? What resolution are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800.18339/
Relevancy 34.83%

OK I ve had a Sapphire ATI PRO Mg for about months now In the last few weeks its been locking up during D 9800 PRO v. ATI X800 games ie Joint Operations and even when Im just surfing The screen locks up and the sound loops Nothing new this is all over this forum Has ANYONE gotten a solid fix for this I m running an Asus P P -E mobo gig RAM Audigy Antec Sonota case w True Blue psu Intel P Win XP Pro - ALL latest drivers patches are installed My next step is to update to the psu and trashing the for the new X But is it worth the change So far I ve read tonnes of problems but haven t really seen many X ones although it just might be too new still The upgrade is gonna cost me about CN The card seems to run warm to the touch on the heatsink and hot although not brutal on the other side Any suggestions This has been driving me NUTS ATI 9800 PRO v. X800 - esp since I have to drive hrs one way to get the thing serviced under warranty I know stupid to buy that far away but the prices were good nbsp

A:ATI 9800 PRO v. X800

I don't think upgrading to X800 would end your problems.

That's just how things are with the latest (ok, almost latest) hardware. They're rushed to the market and companies want you to do the testing for them. Then you'll just have to wait for months to get drivers that will "fix" these problems - provided you have the right combination of other hardware & software.

This isn't going to get any better by buying even newer hardware, the cycle just starts again, and hardware manufacturers are happy to have people buying their products.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro-v-x800.16540/
Relevancy 34.83%

I hooked the 9800 Pro up using a s-video cable but the quality is really poor. There is a bunch of little flicker spots on the screen (they look red and blue) and its pretty blurry. I tried several different resolutions but no luck. I have the refresh rate set at 60mhz and its set for NTSC mode. Whenever I restart the computer, the spots go away but the screen jumps from top and bottom. Once I get back into windows the spots appear again. Anybody got any ideas on what I can do to clear it up?

Thanks,
Trigg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-on-television.18439/
Relevancy 34.83%

To all who read this and offer support thanks in advance,

I recently just purchased this card and installed all the drivers and got it up and running but when i play games it doesnt want to go higher then 60fps. I was wondering if there is some setting i am missing that i can change to make it higher or it is possible just these games are holding it back. One of the game CS i even got up to 90fps on my old video card (radeon 64mb ddr with vivo)(without tweaking anything) but now it doesnt want to go higher then 60fps.
Sorry for rambling on in some garbled messed :S

Thx
Paul

Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys,

I just bought an ATI 9800 pro...when I install it the machine boots up runs for approx 1-2 min before it shuts down and i get a repeated fluctuating beep (low tone then high tone) this tone runs indefinitely until i turn the machine off. I have tried d/l the newest drivers and I have replaced my power supply (from a 250 watt to a 450 watt).

I have no idea whats wrong or how to fix it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Maverick

A:9800 pro issue

The tones are codes that your motherboard generates to tell you what the problem is. Check in your motherboard manual to see what the tones stand for and you will have your answer. :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-issue.22990/
Relevancy 34.83%

9800 Pro

5700 Ultra

As you can clearly see the 5700 beats the 9800 in clock speed and memory speed.....which one should i go for? What do you guys think?

A:5700 vs 9800

I think you are comparing cards in different classes. The 9800 Pro will SMOKE the 5700 Ultra. If you are looking for an nVidia competitor to the 9800 Pro you should be looking at the 5900 Ultra or higher.

btw - as we've heard so many times about processors, it's not all about clock speed or memory speed. There are many other factors that can affect performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5700-vs-9800.11875/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just purchased a ATI 9800 pro 128 retail
My system...
p4p800
p4 - 2.8e
2 512 geil ram
2 80 gig harddrives
amd the ati card

My problem is when I run 3dmark03 I get checkerd blocks on screen artifacts, this really shows on the troll demo part and the space Doom3 looking demo. I have installed the latest Catilist drivers and my MotherBoard has the latest bios from Asus. Any advice??????

Also side note,
Quake 3 appears to have NO artifacts when I play and run timedemos.

A:ATI 9800 pro issues

Oh my god, I CANNOT stress enough, DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR BIOS UNLESS YOU HAVE TO FOR YOU HARDWARE TO WORK. Sorry, but it's usless to do that. Use older Catalyst drivers, 3.10 are my favorite (4.0 drivers claim an unfair advantage in benchmarking) Find your latest GART or mini-port drivers and install those, then install you graphics driver. If your overclockingthe card, don't, the card is prolly flaking at the higher speeds. Make sure your card is seated properly in the AGP slot. Reseat the card once every 3 or four weeks to ensure optimal contact, clean out the case as well. Then set base settings for you card in the systems BIOS, set AGP speed to 66Mhz and no higher, if your overclocking the sytem, hold back on it, its better to have a slower working system than one that hardly works at all at higher speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro-issues.12128/
Relevancy 34.83%

On the previous thread I wrote, I asked what kinda of video card I should get for around 200 bux, you all chose for me to get the 9800 pro by readon. I was look on newegg.com on prices for the 9800 pro's, i found a couple that where the same.. but one was Sapphire ATi readon, and the other was just the regular ATi readon. The Sapphire one being 200 and the regular one being 230. I just wanted to know what is the difference between the two, why is one 30 dollars more expensive than the other one. does the 30 dollar one last longer? or what.

Jon-Jon

A:9800 Pro Question

They are both the same just different brands. Saphire is the best brand anyways, the other simply costs more. Good question though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-question.12177/
Relevancy 34.83%

i was just wondering about the two versions of the 9800 pro, the oem vs the retail. I can get the Oem for 30 bucks cheaper than the retail but ive heard that some oems performance is lowered and they do not perform the same as the retail version. Is this true for the 9800 pro oem? or is it the same performance minus the retail box and extras, thanx!

A:ati 9800 pro oem vs retail

it depends on who the oem manufactuerer is. personaally I would stay away from power color cards as they are generally lower clocked that the retail boards. sapphire however seem to be clocked at the saem speed as the retail boards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro-oem-vs-retail.6533/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

Ive been looking at the radeon 9800 series for abit and know that there are supposed to be 3 varients, the non pro, the pro 128mb, and the pro 256mb. However, looking on pricewatch i see there is one listed called the 9800 se. Is this an even more stripped down version of the 9800 non pro or just some mix up?? The price of all the se's is around $190 where as all the 9800 non pro non se's are around $250.... Any clearification on this would be great. Thx.

A:radeon 9800???

From X-Bit Labs

The first version of the RADEON 9800 SE will be made on simplified 6-layer PCB and feature 128-bit memory bus for 128MB of DDR SDRAM. The RADEON 9800 SE graphics chip will have only four active rendering pipelines. ATI Technologies again simply disables half of the VPU?s pixel pipelines and probably end-users should have a chance to re-enable them using tweaks in drivers or simply by re-soldering some resistors on the chip.

The second version of the RADEON 9800 SE graphics card will be made on 8-layer PCB and will boast with 256-bit bus for 128MB of DDR SDRAM memory. The chip will also feature only four pipelines, however, this is not an obstacle for brave overclockers and modders, is it? After certain tweaks some lucky users will probably get a fully-functional RADEON 9800 from a lower-cost RADEON 9800 SE solution.

As far as I understood, RADEON 9800 SE graphics cards are designed for OEMs?, some System Integrators, Asian markets and other price-conscious customers. In Europe ATI signed a deal with Media Markt to exclusively sell such cards into retail channel, whereas it is very likely that there will be almost no RADEON 9800 SE products in the US. All in all, RADEON 9800 SE graphics cards are not supposed to become massive. Though, market always places everything straight and hopefully there will be some RADEON 9800 SE products in Russia and Eastern Europe.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9800.7800/
Relevancy 34.83%

There is a ton of history here so I'll see if I can get a hit on the current issue:
I have an Abit NF7-SG2 mobo with a 2100 athlon chip and a new antec 430w psu. I plug in the 9800 pro and get nothing from bios, no output to screen other than the image out of range... plug in an old nvidia mx400 video card and no problem.

I have another computer with the same mobo from which i've moved the 9800 pro - it worked there just fine! The psu in the other computer is a 360w - chaintec or sumthing.

It's like this psu isnt' able to push the right? current to the 9800 pro or somthing. I've tried to set bios appropriately for .8v agp 8x etc but to no avail. ne ideas????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-9800-pro-whats-new-and-new-psu.45270/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just built my own system and i am having problems that i assume are coming from my video card. For instance, while playing Command and Conquer Zero hour, i get a serious error message that says, your system either has a virus, does not meet the minium system requirements, or your hardware is overheating. That system more then meets the requirements, and its not hooked up to the internet so i dont think i have a virus. My case as a temp gauge on it and it gets up to around 100 so im assuming its overheating.

A:ATI 9800 Pro Problems

the cpu, case temp, or mobo is at 100?

And 100 what, C or F?

You never know, I doubt your overheating but you might be, otherwise I'd say you have a virus.

Btw, "I have to internet so I dont think I have a virus" - Virus's dont take away your internet, you could still have one, and considering you have internet,and thats where they come from, having INET makes it more of a possibility than not.

Have you got the latest catalyst drivers for your videocard??

also, havnt seen you 'round, welcome to the board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro-problems.16421/
Relevancy 34.83%

ok heres the deal i bought an ati 9800 pro during summer. a few weeks later i put on the extreme giant III by tt to cool. i oced it to around 470core and 720 mem. when i play games i get some white dots and blue and all diffrent kinds of colors. i oced back down to default and i am still getting dots. sometimes when i watch videos it is in weird colors too. any information will help. thanks.

A:ATI 9800 Pro Problems

given that the 9800 pro has a core speed of 380mhz going to 470 mhz is a huge overclock. so I wouldnt be suprised if you havnt trashed your card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-9800-pro-problems.39136/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just got a retail box built by ati 9800 pro and the core clock only goes to about 410 without seeing any artifacts. According to a lot of the reviews i read it seems i've gotten very unlucky with the overclocking potential of my card as some of them got as high as 480 with most hovering around 440-450. I was just curious how other peoples' cores were oc'ing. The artifacts are very subtle though and i only seem to see them in the chimp demo and only in certain spots. I feel like these artifacts could be easily missed by someone reviewing a card.

On the up side the memory goes up to 370.

A:9800 pro OC to 410 core??

Overclocking to the average person may be a rather dangerous experience, unless you are certain of the consequences. Now, ATI's VGA cooling solutions are nothing compared to nVIDIA as far as size goes, so most OC'ed ATI VGA cards use liquid, heatpipe cooling, or other non-stock cooling to acheive high clocks. Overclocking shouldn't be used in everyday applications (running the clock at 450Mhz all the time will shorten its life) Most will overclock to see just how far they can safely go. I personally found the sweet spot on my RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB at a 415Mhz clock and 390Mhz memory. This will vary depending on your system, and cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-oc-to-410-core.8469/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi everyone
I havent been able to find much info on the Radeon 9800 non-pro version, and I'd like to know if I'd be better off buying a 9600 pro 128 meg, or, a 9800 standard 256meg

Thanks!
insanity101

A:9600 Pro vs 9800 non-pro

From what I've heard there is little performance difference between the two. I would just save a couple bucks and go with the 9600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9600-pro-vs-9800-non-pro.9118/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an ati radeon 9800 se all in wonder graphics card which is suppose to have a tv tuner. For the life of me i can't seem to be able to work out wether i can actually use the TV function. I have a standard TV areial which i put in the back but when i try the TV function, bugger all happens. Could someone tell me if i can use a tv areial or does it have to be cable tv. I can't find a lot of info on it because it has been superseeded by 9800 pro, i think!!

I anybody knows how to use the TV function I'd be gratefull, plus it would stop me from buying an actual TV card!!

A:ati radeon 9800 se all in wonder

Does the diagnostics app tell you that the CPU doesn't have MMX instructions? If so, that may prevent the TV app from starting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9800-se-all-in-wonder.9821/
Relevancy 34.83%

Due to a friend of mine swapping his rig, he is offering me his 9800 non pro for my 9700 pro (both 128mb). Now I've read some decent things about this card overclocking and the possibility of flashing the bios to the pro version. Haven't found any solid figure though, just community babble. Just wondering if anyone has any good links about this?

A:9800 non pro overclocking?

Well you can download a Pro BIOS from here, but it's not guaranteed to work, especially if you don't flash with the right one.

I own a 9800SE that can be 'soft-modded' to 9800 non-pro, using drivers found here. They just don't have Linux drivers

Non-pro cards might (I think it's quite likely) have slower memory chips though, so things might not work if you just flash a BIOS to it that has 100 MHz faster memory timings or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-non-pro-overclocking.10583/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was looking into upgrading my vid card if there was going to be a decent improvement. I have seen other posts regarding the 6600gt, but would this be a good upgrade from my current card? I play BF2, various other FPS and want to get FEAR and I want to improve my current performance. I would like to keep it close to $150, but I would go up to the $200 price range if it would be leaps and bounds better. Also I was leaning toward SM3.0 support and noticed that a lot of the older to later model radeon dont support that. Thanks for the help.

A:best upgrade from 9800 pro 128

Actually, in most games- the upgrade from a 9800 Pro to a 6600GT would be minor... in fact somethings may perform a little worse. They are both 8-pipeline cards.. with the 6600GT supporting SM 3.0 in case you play Far Cry with the patch.

Tom's has some pretty good VGA benchmarks you can find at:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/05/vga_charts_vii/page4.html

These may prove helpful for considering your upgrade path. Be sure to check all the benchmarks though as you'll see both ATI and Nvidia have their own strengths and weaknesses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-upgrade-from-9800-pro-128.40423/
Relevancy 34.83%

The fan on my AIW 9800 is starting to make a really loud noise, I know it's about to die one of these days. The card is still under warranty, but it's the only card I have so I can't just send it to ATI and wait for more than 2 weeks to get it back. I need to find a decent aftermarket cooling solution for the card. Most of the cooling fans/heatsinks or heat pipes I have seen won't fit the card because of the TV tuner getting on the way of the heatsink. Does anyone know of a decent cooling solution that will fit an All-In-Wonder card?

A:All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro cooling

you could buy an aftermarket fan from zalman, thermaltake or other companies, try www.newegg.com search for VGA chipset fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-in-wonder-9800-pro-cooling.11169/
Relevancy 34.83%

Have just replaced my Geforce 4 Ti 4200 with a Sapphire Atlantis 9800 pro 128mb. After running both 3dmark 03 and 2001SE I wasn't overly pleased with the outcome.

3DMark 03 = 5593

3DMark 01 SE = 15118

I'm not too hot with what marks my system should get but my 2001 SE marks are pretty much lower than I expected. Are these marks normal fort his system, and can anyone spot any bottlenecks that might ber slowing it down.

I ran the benchmarks with the latest Cat 4.2 with AA and AF off, and the slider to full performance.

P4 2.4ghz (HT enabled)
Abit A17 mobo
Crucial 512 pc2700 (2x256 in dual channel)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 pro 128
Seagate Barracuda 80gb SATA
SB Live 5.1

Running on Windows XP proffessional SP1

Thanks.

A:9800 pro score

I have a similar machine, the main difference is I have an AMD CPU. However, your scores seem reasonable. I've gotten between 15-17K in 3DMark 01, depending on the driver I use. Older drivers used to give me better scores. One thing I have noticed is that newer Catalyst drivers don't always give you better benchmark scores, but they do improve actual game performance. Don't go as much by what the benchmark tells you, look at how the card performs with an actual game. As long as you get 15K 3DMarks in 3DMark 01 you'll be fine. The 3DMark 03 score looks just fine and gives you a better idea of your system's performance with current and future DX9 games. Don't sweat it man, you're in the top system's league.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-score.11361/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, I am desperate and I am in need of help from someone greater than myself. I just reformatted my computer and as always, Something is not installed right. I have a 9800 pro, and ANY game I play, ANY game...crashes after around 10 minutes. Am I running these games too high and it is crashing that way? Or is it something else

I am playing games like CS: Source, WoW, Battlefield 2, I have even captured video of what it does...

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=ujmKwEV7S2I

I dont know if that helps anyone here, but I read ona previous post to try the last driver set that worked, so now i am trying that, I have the ATI 5.11 driver or whatever, but I am trying to find the one right before that...

Any help here would be awesome, thank you!

A:9800 Pro issue or something else (HELP)

please list your hardware specs, also after you installed windows did you load the motherboard drivers?, in device manager are there any devices with a yellow question mark or yellow triangle with an black exclamation mark in them next to a device?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9800-pro-issue-or-something-else-help.38758/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm currently building a games pc for a friend, he's on a tight budget but has stipulated that the radeon gfx card must be FAST but must not exceed 120, which rules the 9200 and the 9600, both being budget models.
The problem is that I've come across retailers selling the 9800 pro for around 150-160 which is a little over my friends budget, but I have also seen retailers on ebay selling the 9700 from 100 to 110 which is well within his budget - what I'd like to know is, is there a SIGNIFICANT difference in performance between the 9700 pro and the 9800 pro?

A:9700 vs 9800

from what i have heard i dont think there is a huge difference, try searching for some benchmarks, i think techspot did a review of some sort sometime.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/9700-vs-9800.12032/
Relevancy 34.83%

My Radeon 9800 pro 128mb
has been running for about 6 months now,
and it's consistantly overheating on me
i get funny colours in games, and artifacting,
then a wait a while
and it goes away, when i'm outta the game
so it's obviously overheating
anyway, it wasn't like this for the first 5 months
should i just replace it with my warrenty? but it will take 10 days...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-the-radeon-9800-too-hot.20492/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Needed 9800 pro not ATI working?? a new D card and bought one off ebay as untested Put it into my pc and tried to boot and nothing No screen on the monitor at all Its a Radeon ATI AGP x pro card I know that the AGP slot is okay coz my old card still works Although the AGP bus on the mobo is only x i have researched that an x card should work fine Just wondered if there is any other way to test a card try to find out why it doesn t work On boot the BIOS beeps just once as it would normally after the P O S T so its finding the card okay just wont put up a picture System spec P Ghz FSB Gig pc RAM Gigabyte GA GE Pro mobo - dual bios Maxtor Gig Diamondmax MAxtor Gig Diamondmax Any ideas would be ATI 9800 pro not working?? appreciated I know i probably should have bought a card that was verified as tested but surely it cannot just be dead nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

So I have a EVGA -P -N 9800 hot? GeForce GT too -AR GeForce In the computer GeForce 9800 GT too hot? I built about a year ago Well before I added a new hdd to it TB it ran at about c - c idle and running WoW with the settings on max would only get up to c tops I was pretty happy with that But apparently when I GeForce 9800 GT too hot? added that hdd I changed the airflow in my case and now its idle at about c even after just booting up the computer when it was off for a few hours Get playing games and it was getting up to about c which was worrying me So with some creative use zip ties I mounted a spare fan to try and blow air right on it and of course I have cleaned out all the dust in my case several times Now it runs about c- c cooler when under load for a while so about c Several reviews I have read for it did state the card runs a little hot but I wasn t able to find specific numbers for what a little hot is Should I be concerned about those temperatures and or is it ok to run it like that I have noticed games and other graphic intensive processes don t run quite as nicely any more Thanks in advance EDIT This is the case I have it in Well the green version of it nbsp

A:GeForce 9800 GT too hot?

i had the same problem, the downfall with the 9800GT, they get dirty QUICK. you have to unscrew the side panel (little ity bity screws) and clean out the dust so it gets good air flow again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9800-gt-too-hot.134684/