Windows Support Forum

R9 270X DOA or User Error?

Q: R9 270X DOA or User Error?

Hello,

I bought a R9 270X by XFX. My current specs are:

CPU: AMD A10 7800k (Standard Clock Speeds, Graphics Disabled)
RAM: 4GB (2 sticks, both working)
Motherboard: FM2, Gigabyte
PSU: 500 watt 80+ Cert Silver
HDD: 500GB WD Blue

So the issue is that the R9 card consistenly crashes out of all games no matter if I uninstall the drivers or reinstall them. I have tried removing the drivers through catalyst control center and through application based tools (DisplayDriverUninstaller). Once I uninstall and reinstall, it works, until the computer is restarted and then rinse and repeat.

Is this the card saying it is dying? If so it is a weird way of graphics card dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/r9-270x-doa-or-user-error.209138/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: R9 270X DOA or User Error?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys,
I am planning to get a new graphics card. These are the two cards that I am looking at -
Asus AMD/ATI R9 270X Direct CUII 2GB GDDR5 and Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon R9 270X with Boost OC 4 GB DDR5
I am inclined to choose Asus, but the Sapphire card comes with 4 GB memory as compared to 2 GB of Asus. Which one should be a better option for gaming? The price of the cards are more or less same, so that's not a problem.

Thanks in advance!

A:Sapphire R9 270X 4 GB DDR5 vs Asus R9 270X 2 GB DDR5

There is almost no difference between the two GPUs, only 2%
AMD Radeon R9 270X Sapphire Dual-X 4GB OC Edition compare AMD Radeon R9 270X DirectCU II TOP 2GB Edition GPU
So either one is good, just make sure you have a good processor because of bottleneck.
Also if you're getting an AMD graphics card keep in mind that they get high temperatures and you need to have a cooling system.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/64615-sapphire-r9-270x-4-gb-ddr5-vs-asus-r9-270x-2-gb-ddr5.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Palit Geforce GTX 750 Ti StormX Dual 2GB GDDR5
VS
Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 256BIT OC w/ BOOST

Which is better?I'm going to buy a new one soon here are the cards that I think are the best for the pocket.
If you have any cards that are better than these please tell me down below.

A:GTX 750 Ti vs Radeon R9 270X

First off, Please see this guide: System Info - See Your System Specs so we can determine the best graphics card for your computer.

The GTX 750 Ti can't be compared to a high end R9 270X. A Comparison between a GTX 750 Ti and R7 260X would be the perfect fit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/356494-gtx-750-ti-vs-radeon-r9-270x.html
Relevancy 48.59%

So i was downloading updates for League of Legends and listening to music. All of a sudden my screen turns blue, wasnt the BSOD.

It just...turned blue and I could still hear my music playing. I had to reset my desktop. This happened about 25 minutes after i installed the recent driver for the R9 270X. Now I cant get Aero on Windows 7 to turn on.

Whats is the problem?

A:AMD R9 270X Problem?

Is this the system in your sig? If so, download and install asus probe [available on the support page for your mb] Post the following; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

Next have you tried a simple restore to a date prior to installing the new driver? If not, that would be the first thing I would do.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-r9-270x-problem.1140927/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have an m91p (i5-2400, 4GB, SFF) and take its components into a mid-tower case, and upgraded the PSU to 750W. I also purchased an R9-270X, but the machine won't boot with the graphic card. Just wondering: 1. if the machine is able to work with this card. If yes, what change should I make?2. if not possible, what is the best graphic card that can work on this machine? As you see, i have enough power supply. thanks, Z

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Can m91p be upgraded to an R9-270X?

Unlikely anyone here has run a R9-270X in their M-series. The BIOS probably does not support that card. You could check that you have the latest installed. The ThickCenters are business focused PCs, and as such, support that class of graphics card, along the lines of a 7750 or R7 equivalent, or a GTX 750. A card that can support business apps on multiple screens.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Can-m91p-be-upgraded-to-an-R9-270X/td-p/1710727
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all Firstly sorry if this is posted in the wrong place I am not exactly sure what my problem is After downloading Malwarebytes and doing a scan my computer came up with Bad Image errors and wouldn't let me connect to the internet even though it said I was connected However I transferred a virus detection 270x R9 at No all Radeon - Display program via a USB ran it and my computer was fixed However after that my TV Connected to my computers Radeon R x via HMDI was displaying quot No Signal quot I then tried connecting it to my motherboard via a VGA cable from my PC to my TV still displaying quot No Signal quot After I tried my spare old monitor and connected it to my motherboard via VGA this was displaying quot Going to sleep quot I've came to the conclusion that is probably wrong that my Graphics card driver is not updated However this would not explain why my computer wouldn't display an image on my TV or Monitor whilst connected to my motherboard I have downloaded the latest Driver onto No Display at all - Radeon R9 270x a CD however I am struggling to use the CD when I can't see anything on my computer I am also able to use my PC I just can not see anything So if I press the Windows Key Right Down Enter Enter it would shut down my PC Or CTRL ALT DEL Press Down x then right I can also switch my No Display at all - Radeon R9 270x PC off Thanks for all your help Regards Lee

A:No Display at all - Radeon R9 270x

This is too Hard.I would Pull out the Hard drive and try it with another PC, Try it with PLug and Play USB to VGA adapter.
But I dont know if you have the provision to do so.

Pull out the Graphic card and Try with Motherboard's Vga socket.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/342230-no-display-all-radeon-r9-270x.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a R9 270X and was wondering if I crossfire 2 of them, they would get the same performance, or close to, as the recommended R9 290?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/r9-270x-question-for-witcher-3.1141681/
Relevancy 48.16%

hey can someone help me choose a new gpu please!

i have a geforce 650 1gb and i was looking to upgrade to either a gtx 750ti oc 2gb or a radeon r9 270x.
i have an i5 3570k i know atm my gpu is holding me back but i want to get a card that can handle video editing as well as getting good fps on games. i found this image online and it looks like radeon r9 270x beats the render test by miles.

My question is what atm is holding my computer back on hardware is it my gpu or cpu and would they work well together?

A:GTX 750ti or Radeon r9 270x

To be honest how much is your budget for a GPU ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/354222-gtx-750ti-radeon-r9-270x.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a new computer device specifics below and am having issues playing games where the games start flashing screen goes blank or is covered in vertical lines Sounds still plays in the background but the whole system is frozen This makes virtually all games unplayable This only occurs when using the Radeon graphics card when I use the integrated one none of these issues occur whoever it is obviously much less powerful All games are installed via steam This is my first time buying a gaming desktop it is only moderate specs but a decent upgrade from the laptop I had previously Computer Aeon Gaming Desktop Widows SP Home premium bit intel AMD Radeon R9 270X crashing i - ghz quad-core GB DDR RAM TB AMD Radeon R9 270X crashing hard drive intel HD integrated graphics AMD Radeon R X graphics card newest drivers Omega gigabyte GA-B -HD motherboard newest BIOS installed F w power supply Using Philips TV as screen I have tried the following - different screen no change - using different plug for desktop to avoid power issues no change - drivers are up to date Catalyst control Omega - monitored using catalyst control and Royal Flush appears to be random flucuations in core and memory clock speed from down to and back up - switched cables no change - completed windoews updates no change I have a basic computer knowledge but am by no means an expert so any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-radeon-r9-270x-crashing.1147255/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi i have updated my videocard drivers a few days ago and i started to have this BSOD i New AMD drivers for R9 270x BSOD have had it earlier but when it happened i format the HDD and clean the termic paste BSOD New drivers for AMD R9 270x I thought it was the problem but since i had the same problem again and again i started to look this BSOD always happened when i BSOD New drivers for AMD R9 270x was playing BSOD New drivers for AMD R9 270x some videogame so i tried to use an earlier version of my drivers but it didn't work I still having the same problem Then i decided to check my video card temperatures but for some reason they where fine so i noticed with the program quot Whocrashed quot that the problem might be the atihdw sys AMD High Definition Audio Function Driver Advanced Micro Devices i don't know you but i think this is part of some kind of audio driver that AMD provide i think that maybe it is the problem By the way i use my TV as monitor i don't know if that could cause a problem sometimes i use my TV speakers but most of the time i use headphones plugged in the PC case that use the VIA high definition audio drivers I'll upload the zip with the report made by the forum tool thanks for your help

A:BSOD New drivers for AMD R9 270x

Hi and welcome to seven forum

I had a look on your latest dump, the results are:

Quote:
STOP 0x00000124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 0 : Processor Generic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa8008412978
Section @ fffffa8008412a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000600f20
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000
I'm afraid that this is caused by a failing processor :s
Try this one out:
Hardware - Stress Test with Prime95

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367373-bsod-new-drivers-amd-r9-270x.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So if anyone has ever seen my previous Posts I was having issues with a Gigabyte ti boost R Long story short I finally got them to Replace it and that one was bad So the fact of the matter that particular revision i can only imagine was a lemon and behavior. Peculiar Radeon 270X HIS I spent on trash Got me this HIS X my problems ALL went away the moment I put it in Recently though I've been noticing every now and then I right click and select something and whatever I selected stays on screen It's only apparently on the desktop When I switch to a game Peculiar behavior. HIS Radeon 270X or something and exit back out It still persists inside the windows environment Refreshing the screen does nothing to remove it What will fix it is changing the screen resolution to something else and reverting it back But I have to keep doing it without resetting Peculiar behavior. HIS Radeon 270X it Whats even stranger If I don't rever and leave said artifact on screen It won't do it again If I reset the resolution It will do it again Once I reboot the machine I have no issues for about a day or It's not so serious that it is interrupting Gameplay or killing my machine but I am curious if anyone has experienced this before My first thoughts are drivers

A:Peculiar behavior. HIS Radeon 270X

You should check your Catalyst version. The current stable one in 14.9, but AMD has posted a 14.11.2 Beta set you could try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/354049-peculiar-behavior-his-radeon-270x.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i am getting BSOD when i am playing Diablo 3. I tried already uninstall all ati drivers and install new one with custom option and select card driver only. But it doesnt work for me. I post my logfile so please someone check it and let me know, what can i do to fix it. Thx

A:Ati Radeon R9 270x BSOD Diablo 3

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370766-ati-radeon-r9-270x-bsod-diablo-3-a.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Is buying the 270X at around ?20 more than the 270 worth the extra 282 G3D Mark?
Are there any other differences?

A:R9 270 VS 270X; Is it worth the extra cost?

Anywhere from between 2-5 fps of a difference, whats your price range?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/328541-r9-270-vs-270x-worth-extra-cost.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, thanks for taking the time to look at my post.

Can I run a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB on a Corsair CX600M? I've tried looking this up and trying to find out myself, but it?s really confusing and I can't figure it out. I just want to be sure before I go and spend ?150 on a graphics card I can't run.
Does my PSU have all the correct connectors for it? I think it might do, but I think they come off the same rail or something and I dont know if thats okay. To be honest, I have very little idea of what I'm talking about here.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Also, here are the links to the manufacturer?s websites if it helps.

My PSU.
CX Series? Modular CX600M ATX Power Supply ? 600 Watt 80 PLUS? Bronze Certified Modular PSU

The graphics card.
SAPPHIRE R9 270X 4GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST & OC

A:Can I run a Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB on a Corsair CX600M?

AMD R9 270X - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.
AMD R9 270X Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339546-can-i-run-sapphire-radeon-r9-270x-4gb-corsair-cx600m.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
I have the ASUS DirectCU II Radeon R9 270X and after install the anniversary update of windows(clean install) I can't increase GPU Voltage only to reduce it from the default (1206 mV) value, I use ASUS GPU Tweak II, MSI Afterburner, trixx but it's the same. Before anniversary update I didn't have any problem.
Thanks

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/asus-directcu-ii-r9-270x-no-gpu-voltage-increase-4600534/
Relevancy 47.3%

hello I have been having some problems for almost a month with my new gaming pc applyed down 270x shuts gpu radeon is any r9 stress after build I have tried everything and can not find a gpu shuts down after any stress is applyed radeon r9 270x solution when running a game or a stress test on my graphics card it shuts off not the whole computer just the gpu I have replaced the gpu and psu with new hardware this did not fix the problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest drivers from amd website over and over again I have recorded temps while running games and stress test up until the gpu shuts off and I am not having a overheating problem I have tried a different hard drive and this didn t solve the problem either I have rewired the whole computer twice I am at the point where I do not know what els to do and I am really wanting my computer to work mod list goes as followed gpu radeon r x oc version psu corsair cx m cpu amd anthlon GHz multi-core prossesor hard drive Seagate Tb Gb of ram motherboard asrock fm A m pro if I have missed anything or you need any more information please let me know I am trying to get this fixed as I am hopeless ow and by the way the operating system is windows bit nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-shuts-down-after-any-stress-is-applyed-radeon-r9-270x.1158147/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm having troubles with video below are computer specs I play command amp conqueer tiberium alliances running firefox multiple profile profiles running concurently with greasemonkey scripts in each Irrelevent but so you know what is running at time of crash I've got MSI afterburner on This helps the instant crashing as in computer shutting right down When I have afterburner runing at default settings but set fan to it seems to slow down crashing When fan runs at the temp is between - c when it shows on task bar R9 Card/Driver 270x AMD Graphics Crashing Radeon MSI upwards around it is close to a crash It seems when there is a load on a browser when doing a sim attack or multiple attacks is when it gets closest to crash When fan running it will start crashing browser profiles without fan running ful as soon as there is a sim load or attack then the computer would just Graphics Card/Driver Crashing MSI AMD Radeon R9 270x crash right off I've got drivers all up to Graphics Card/Driver Crashing MSI AMD Radeon R9 270x date i've seen AMD site posting regarding issues and have used that new driver without any luck I had trouble earlier when using computer as bitcoin miner i ended up running with just a plain jane vid card and things stayed more stable Any idea would be greatly appreciated MB ASUS M A FX Pro R Socket AM CPU AMD FD FRHKBOX FX- Eight-Core GHz AM Processor - AM Eight-Core GHz MB W Unlocked Video card MSI AMD RADEON R X GAMING GB GDDR system ram GB power supply SolidGear W Power Supply - ATX Single V Rail

A:Graphics Card/Driver Crashing MSI AMD Radeon R9 270x

It's not a temperature issue. ~40c is idle speed. A temp issue with that card would be 100c+

Quote: Originally Posted by Urbandarkskies

I I had trouble earlier when using computer as bitcoin miner. i ended up running with just a plain jane vid card and things stayed more stable.

What type of card? AMD or nvidia? If it was nvidia, it might be worthwhile downloading and installing Driver Fusion, un-isnstalling the AMD drivers, running Driver Fusion to clean all Nvidia and/or AMD entries and re-installing your drivers. Even if not a nvidia card, it's still a step worth trying.

After completely ruling out drivers - It's possible that the card itself is faulty or the PSU since you had issues with stability running bitcoin.

For the GPU, as a test - either downclock your video card in afterburner, or increase the voltage if you can.

For the PSU, check the voltage reporting in the BIOS. Short of using a multimeter, it's almost impossible to check voltages accurately but the BIOS reporting
Have you tried another browser for C&C?

What about proper 3D fullscreen games - any issues with them if you have any?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/341599-graphics-card-driver-crashing-msi-amd-radeon-r9-270x.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been having issues with my AMD display driver crashing Initially I was convinced it was Google Chrome crashing it but after problems continued when disabling hardware acceleration in Chrome or even when the process was not running I decided it must be something else I used DDU to remove both Driver Intel Crashes: Win7 Sporadic Frequent, x64, AMD R9 Z97, 270X the Intel HD and AMD drivers from within Safe Mode After rebooting the generic VGA driver was Frequent, Sporadic AMD Driver Crashes: Intel Z97, Win7 x64, R9 270X installed but then I noticed there was a driver missing in Device Manager for quot Video Controller quot I'm still puzzled what driver this is It sounded like it's my Intel HD driver from searching online but when I go to install it it said quot this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software quot I have an Intel Haswell Pentium G with Intel HD graphics so I'm still confused where the disconnect was I proceeded to install the AMD drivers ver WHQL though I suspected it would not be able to find my card due to the missing Video Controller driver I did however the install still failed for everything except the display driver and drag amp drop transcoder I do not know the cause of the installation failures I rebooted and noticed that the quot Video Controller quot driver was no long appearing as missing its driver in Device Manager Regardless crashes persist I rebooted into safe mode and noticed when I started DDU this time that it was my PCI graphics card was installed improperly I then scrubbed the AMD driver and the Intel HD one again just for good measure even though it was not reintalled at this point Reboots between each uninstall Still no change crashes every few minutes and sometimes a reboot is even required to regain display output Last thing I tried was the same steps as the previous method only I used the version WHQL driver it installed cleanly this time but to no avail I didn't have any issues for hours last night but came home this evening to find I have no display output I had to do a hard reboot on the machine Present time I am still unable to get the Intel HD driver to install I get the quot this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software quot error on installation for the following driver versions and last one was from the MB manufacturer's website Only the generic VGA driver is installed and quot Video Controller quot appears nowhere in Device Manager Really really stumped on this one usually DDU has done an excellent job of resolving any display driver issues I've had in the past I'm about days away from just doing a clean install and that's only because I'm busy tomorrow at my wit's end with this one Thanks in advance for any help Jchap

A:Frequent, Sporadic AMD Driver Crashes: Intel Z97, Win7 x64, R9 270X

Quote:
I do not know the cause of the installation failures.

My guess would be -- because you have a Hybrid Intel/AMD graphics machine and, from what I've read, the drivers on the AMD site are not designed for Hybrid machines.

In general, when you have such a machine, you should only use the drivers from the machine manufacturer's website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/354359-frequent-sporadic-amd-driver-crashes-intel-z97-win7-x64-r9-270x.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am running on Windows 7 and I tried creating a new user. Every time I try to logon I get the error message User Logon Service service has failed.

I created the user under standard and admin and still no luck.

I found some answers but these are for corrupt user. I cannot even find my user name under regedit.

thanks

Joy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-user-created-error-message-user-logon-service-failed.1165290/
Relevancy 44.29%

I will give as best description of what happened and what I have tried so far - I allowed Windows to do an update and restart yesterday evening - User be User upon login profile - Service loaded ERROR cannot When the computer started back up as usual it asked me to enter my password Unfortunately the message that comes after reads The User Service service failed the sign-in User profile cannot be loaded and my only option I to click OK and return to the password-entry page - I have tried multiple ways to enter safe mode by first holding Shift Restart in the lower right of the password-entry page then Troubleshoot Advanced options Startup Settings selecting option Enable Safe Mode And it just takes me back to that dang password-entry page - Next I tried System Restore Attempt User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded - I set the restore point to the most current before the Windows Update I did the night before - the User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded restore only runs about min before showing an error System Restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive C The drive might be corrupt You might want to retry System Restore after running cchdsk R on this disk An unspecified error occurred during System Restore - x - System Restore Attempt - User Service ERROR upon login - User profile cannot be loaded This time I checked the box for Show more restore points and selected the farthest back restore point with Description Automatic Restore Point Type System This process ran for much longer probably somewhere between - min Unfortunately the process failed again but the message was different saying System Restore could not access a file This is probably because an anti-virus program is running on the computer Temporarily disable your antivirus program and retry System Restore An unspecified error occurred during System Restore - x This is where I get stuck I cannot get into Windows to turn off any anti-virus program that may be running I'm also not sure if that is even the problem because I was reading other postings about getting in via safe mode and manually changing some user info or something that may have been damaged during the update it was quite technical and since I couldn't even get into safe mode I did not pursue l the steps in any detail

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593469/user-service-error-upon-login-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all,

I am trying to move my users, and all future users folders (i.e. documents, desktop, appdata etc) from my SSD to a regular HD.

I followed a few tutorials and moved each folder by right clicking it and clicking the "Move" button on the location tab

After that, I editted the keys here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

To use the HD. I also copied over the folders "Default", "Public", and "UpdatusUser" to the new location.

After restarting my computer everything works but my user has no picture. If I try and change the picture no pictures come up to be selected.

Have I missed a registry key or something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Max.

A:Moving user folders; User picture error

Welcome to Seven Forums MDGM. Did you follow this tutorial:

User Profile - Change Default Location

Or something else? A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/232625-moving-user-folders-user-picture-error.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello

whenever I sign in to my user account I get a blue window with a critical error message......saying Start menu and cortana aren't working ( I have cortana turns off in options anyway ) then it says we will try and fix it next time you sign in, with the only option to sign out.....this happens every time I start the PC up, but OK after signing out and in again , is it anything to do with shutup10 that I ran recently, although it's not affecting my windows 10 laptop.

thanks

A:error message during user account signin critical error

You could try this fix http://www.dell.com/support/article/...9/SLN299201/EN

Sign in in safe mode with networking, then sign off and sign in normally...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31610-error-message-during-user-account-signin-critical-error.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I run windows 7 premium 64 and all of the sudden I stated to get this popup after windows loads that says
"C:\User\Lori-Bee\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost"
How can I fix this?...I tried check disk running CCleaner ....No difference

A:C:\User\User -User\AppData\Local\Temp\032150Log.iniis lost

Hi there ... Read the Link below and follow the Instructions ..
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Error 182418Log.iniis lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325334-c-user-user-user-appdata-local-temp-032150log-iniis-lost.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi guys been trying to run as different user but I can't run it.. I got an error message like this:

Pls help guys. Need your opinions/suggestions.. I'm running on a Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit PC.. Thnks!

A:I can't Run as Different User, getting an ERROR

Welcome to Seven Forums xhaii1992. Make sure the Secondary Logon Service is started.

Start> In search box type services.msc> Enter

Scroll down to Secondary Logon. Double click the entry to open it's properties. It should be set to started, and Manual by default.

Services - Start or Disable

Secondary Logon | Black Viper | www.blackviper.com

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224537-i-cant-run-different-user-getting-error.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Could someone tell me what I do wrong when formatting hdd with XP or Vista?
I've got 17 collected now that are good paper weights.
It didn't matter if I did a hard format or a soft format.
Afterward I could install OS until after restart then no OS found warning.
They range in size from 750MB - 650GB

Thankyou in advance for expert help.

Relevancy 36.12%

I want to change the way users log in and off, I want it to have auto login rather then keep pressing enter cuz i have no password and i want it to auto login with out having me press ok/enter.

heres a screenie.

Relevancy 36.12%

Could one of the mods please tell me what this error means?

BB code font is not allowed.Thanks,
Jakeman97

A:Error when trying to add sig to User CP

It means you can't change the font.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281729-error-when-trying-add-sig-user-cp.html
Relevancy 35.69%

'windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with default profile for this system Details-insufficient resourses exist to complete the service'.

Has anyone seen this? I haven't had much luck searching the web for it. I have tried creating a new user id and deleting the old one but still get it.
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-user-error-191365.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Magicians

Can anyone suggest a free or trial utility proggie that will find and clean error producing files from your system?

I keep getting this error in user.exe message and total lock-up whenever I try to open an Excel file.

Have reloaded Win ME and reloaded Office 97 incl Excel all to no avail and am trying to avoid re-format of hard drive.

Any help or suggestions welcomed.

Mike.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repair-for-error-in-user-exe.180767/
Relevancy 35.69%

I opened up my new Samsung Series 3 computer for the first time. I made a spelling mistake when I had to choose my account name. After Windows finished installing i made a new account with the right name and i deleted the old. But if I right-click on a file, choose properties and open the tab Security (Sikkerhed in danish) I get this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz8px9nvge...Unavngivet.png Why is it Pete-pc(that's the fail name)\Peter Stidsen (the new account)?

If i look in C:\Users the only folders are Shared files ("Delte filer" in danish) and Peter Stidsen: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21887805/Unavngivet.png

A:Error in User Accounts

You most likely made username Pete when installing win7. It created Pete-pc as computer name. You want to change the computer name?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/237886-error-user-accounts.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hi all. i accidently put my camera sandisk in my flash drive and now can't figure out how to retreive it. hope someone can help. i really need my pics. thank you

Relevancy 35.69%

Running Windows ME on a Gateway 950 w/ 128 MB RAM w/ 10GB of HD space available.

After my computer locked up in MS Word 2000 SR1, the only way I could shut down was to go through the CTRL ALT Delete process. After rebooting twice and a cold shut down and booting up again, I was able to get WORD to launch, however, almost immediately got the Winword Error/Failure message USER.EXE. After this I was not able to open WORD after several tries, so I reinstalled MS Works thinking WORD had become corruted. After reinstalling MS Works and restarting the computer, I attemtped to launch WORD again and the computer locked up again. I am able to launch other non-MS Works programs.

You assistance is greatly appreciated.

A:Winword Error - User.EXE

SysThink,
Welcome to TSG.
I have preformed several searches using google, Henri's Homepage and Word 2000 Support.
If you could post the exact error mesage that would be helpful.
SR1 can cause issue, I have personally seenTHIS at work.
You can also give it a try yourself.
Word 2000 Support
Henri's Homepage user friendly

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winword-error-user-exe.82360/
Relevancy 35.69%

A few weeks ago when I restarted my laptop I noticed my background photo was gone and folders saved on the desktop as well. Whenever I restart my computer I get an info notice that says "Your user profile was not loaded correctly; you have been logged in with a temp profile, changes made to this profile will be lost when you log off, please see the event log for details or contact your administrator". This is my home laptop so I have no administrator. I don't know where the event log is. It has created several "temp profiles", I just want to log in to my main profile, it has to still be in there. I tried to go to system restore and it didn't seem to change anything. What can I do to restore my login profile in Windows Vista? Thanks so much.
Eric

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-error.894636/
Relevancy 35.69%

Somehow the admin account on my Vista laptop became corrupted. I cannot even use the guest account w/ override because it seems to generate an internal exception when trying to authenticate the typed password. At this point, it does nothing, failing the override.

I have tried the method described here:
Nigel's blog: Fixing User Profiles in Vista and Windows 7
- Did not work.

To complicate issues more, the registry hive for the admin user also seems to be corrupted. I cannot open certain GUID/SID nodes either - they have no children nodes --- Gives "unable to access" error when clicked."

Is there anything I can do short of reinstalling Vista?
thanks..

A:User Profile error

Hello Skies, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if the tutorial below may be able to help with this user profile error. Be sure to read all of it for all available options. If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298543-user-profile-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys Let me preface this by saying that I have done some research and have found SIMILAR issues to mine but not this exact problem For Christmas I upgraded my computer a great deal New processor hard drive RAM video card motherboard DVD drive power supply etc Basically a new machine except the case Used a utility with my new hard drive to transfer everything over from my old one so there was no need to reinstall XP or anything Everything on my account works perfectly However my sister's account is having issues When she clicks on User Accounts an error message comes up saying an error has occurred in the script user Error accounts in on this page then at the bottom it asks if you want to continue running scripts The rest of the dialogue box is completely blank Clicking yes no or X does nothing but immediately create a new window with the exact same thing Any ideas on Error in user accounts what I can do to fix this problem Thanks for your help

A:Error in user accounts

When upgrading a computers hardware, the best thing to do i reinstall the operating system, or else problems can occur. Because when you install xp, alot of neccecary drivers and programs installs for just that type of hardware and if you don't, it can accur alot of errors.

In my opinion, you should just reinstall the operating system. Because you can come across more errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-in-user-accounts-220036.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Again, Fdisk format win98, then New installed XP home, updated to SP2 with the 15 upgrades from MSN.

While installing my final firewall/protection I got an Error:
WINDOWS: Are you sure you want to shut down, another user is still using windows

This continued through 4 reboots and only after I totally turned the computer off did it stop.

The only thing that keeps popping up firewall wise is @[email protected]

I just can't feel safe any more

Also one other bug got through before I could get everything installed, AntiSpyware found it: KC RAT,,and it was a high threat/remote control Critter..but it was quarntiened.

With all the adware/firewall stuff I'm runnin it bothers me though that somthing is still sliping through. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys, Rock on

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Folks,

When using Ad-Aware SE I get the message "Explorer has cause an error in USER.exe", also my computer freezes, and I have to reboot.

I can run Ad-Aware in safe mode and it will run okay.

I have downloaded the updates to Ad-Aware and it still does this. I run full system scan.

Running WindowsME, 196 mgs ram, Pentium II, 40 g hard drive.

Anyone have any suggestions. All help appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-has-cause-an-error-in-user-exe.335177/
Relevancy 35.69%

OK i have managed to get the user profiles paths sorted User Error?? Profile out and so i started creating some user accounts They all seam to be able to log onto the systems but the loading and applying personal settings dialog takes approx mins and also some of the users that i have created give an access dinied User Profile Error?? error on their folders within the server It will allow the user to go into the folder but if i click in the folder that is situated on the server it give me the access denied error the first accounts that i created worked fine they took time to load also but after that they allowed me to open up the profile folder to check the contents to make sure that any files created saved deleted reflected on the server I also removed the folders and tried logged back on again with each user but still did not give me access Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve these issues these are the only issues that i have left to fix i think then i have managed to get the server online with very very little help which is amazin for me Thanks Mick nbsp

A:User Profile Error??

sounds to me you have a dns problem... is this a domain controller?

Run nslookup from both the server and a workstion at a cmd prompt, it should return your full server name and domain name... if it doesn't, then there's where to start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-error.522416/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey John,

I already went to the MS site and downloaded IE 6, SP1 and installed
it. Seemed to help for a day or so. Now the first time we type in an
address in IE, we get errors and browser shuts down:

IE has caused an error in USER.DLL
or
IE has caused an error in TOOLBAR.DLL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above is part of an email from a friend in AZ. It seems that she did some "clean up" on her machine, and probably cleaned too much. She runs Windows ME.

I know I've seen this problem before, but this AM, I am blanked out and my searching is not helping.

What am I looking at here and what does she need to do?

A:IE has caused an error in USER.DLL

Looks like a BHO problem - get a hijackthis log

Could be Xupiter or Huntbar

steam

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-has-caused-an-error-in-user-dll-8973.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hi i dont know how this problem looks like but i found it really strange .. earlier i created a standard user account in vista named as Home and i removed all the access for local drives all c,d,e,z i made that account so that someone can only either run internet or play movie on that account . also i created a parental control on it .. i deleted the account a month back and now i created another account names as Home Temp and it picked up exactly all the same settings of HOME account automatically i created Home 619 is picked up the exact settings as well is there anything that i m doing thats causing it or is it some known issue . and also when i deleted the HOME account i did selected the option to delete files ..

http://www.vistax64.com/software/204663-error-new-user-account.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I was trying to watch a streaming video on my laptop and one of those fake spyware things popped up so I immediatley shut my computer down. But now when I log on no matter if I'm in safe mode or not my computer takes me to this screen that looks like my login but it only lists Other User. When I click on that it asks me for Username and password. No matter what I type in it tells me the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. To be clear there was no password on my computer before so I didn't forget it and there is an ease of access button but it doesn't work, neither does control alt delete.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/395129/other-user-name-and-password-error/
Relevancy 35.69%

When my grandchildren's computer is started and gets to the user account page, there is an error message as follows.

"The system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case. OK"

They click OK, then the user accounts come up like they should. Is there any way to stop this?

They have XP Home.

Thanks
Peg

A:error going into user accounts

Wait, are you saying that they're able to login without typing in a password when there is a password? Or when it starts up does it automatically show that error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-going-into-user-accounts.536377/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello again helpful peeps. I have had no problems with the User Accounts menu on this particular PC. Now when I click on the User Accounts Icon I get this error message;

"Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment"

What in the world does this mean?! And what in the heck did I do?!

Any help appreciated.

A:XP User Accounts error

I googled this, but its way beyond me to help further;
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/vbenlr98/html/vamsgFuncArityMismatch.asp

can you do a system restore to earlier working time?
if you haven't already, you might want to run adaware and spybot too....links below

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-accounts-error.268778/
Relevancy 35.69%

I constantly have Iexplore errors that freeze everything up then I have to reboot. Even when I hit ctl-alt-del it just goes to a black screen and I have to literally turn off the computer to reboot. Why am I getting so many IE errors? From GDI to user errors to dll's, etc. Can anyone help me??

It's only 3 years old but it's been in the shop each year at Thanksgiving, go figure. They replaced the hard drive, the mother board the power supply. This year it hasn't gone it yet but as you can see, it's starting to act up again. Wonder if they have some kind of timer in it to go bad same time each year. Bad news is the store here closed down and I can see why.

I've got this crappy Gateway and I think it's had mad cow disease!

A:IExplorer user error

Please download HijackThis. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Run a scan and save the log file. Post the whole log file here. Do not fix anything since most of them listed there are harmless (some are system required). This program will help us determine if there is any spyware/malware on your computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/iexplorer-user-error-27412.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Everytime I start my computer before loading the home Windows screen a box titled quot User Environment quot pops up and reads quot Windows cannot load the locally stored profile Possible causes of this error include User Enviornment Error insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile If this problem persists contact your network administrator Detail - An I O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably The registry could not read in or write out or flush one of the files that contained the systems image of the registry quot then after clicking OK it says something similar to that the local profile could not be found and that you will be logged in with a temporary profile After logging User Enviornment Error in its like my computer is brand new it suggests that I take a tour of XP but some random programs appear on my desktop and I can access most of the programs I used before by going to the Program Files folder and when I use the internet it erases all cookies and won't remember anything each time I start up Is there any way that I can fix this

A:User Enviornment Error

Hi MichaelJHeup and welcome to TSF !

See this and tell us if it helps :
How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

Edit : I'd like to check whether your old account hasn't been deleted before making anything else as if your documents have been deleted you'll want to stop using that computer at all to recover your missing files before anything overwrites them.

Make sure you're logged with an account that has administrative rights (check it in control panel => user accounts).

In Windows Explorer, click Tools, click Folder Options, click the View tab, click Show hidden files and folders, click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK.

Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\Old_Username folder, where C is the drive on which Windows XP is installed, and Old_Username is the name of your old user profile.

See whether all your files are still there before you try the recovery method above.

If the old username folder doesn't exist anymore then don't panic. Your data is still there until something has been written over it. You'll have to stop using this computer immediately (simply using windows writes some data on the drive), take the drive out of the case, install some file recovery software on another computer, hook your drive in that computer and recover your files from it. Don't write any data on your drive until everything has been recovered (save the recovered files to another drive).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-enviornment-error-176973.html
Relevancy 35.69%

When trying to log onto my user account, i get this error.
"The user profile Service service failed the logon.
User profile cannot be loaded" Unfortantly this is the only account i have so i have no way to access my computer.
I am running Windowns 7 Ultimate 32 bit (non beta)
Any help please?
Thanks

A:User-account error/help

See this:

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. - Vista Forums

The link is for Vista but 7 is probably the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25928-user-account-error-help.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi there

I am having a problem with my usual login profile. When I choose my normal login, after booting, I receive the error message "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile". Windows then procedes to load a temporary profile under my normal login name. This profile is not saved when I log out.

Sometimes System Restore will get me back to my normal login but after a while the problem starts again.

Any ideas folks?

Martyn

A:User profile error

Sounds as though it could be a virus, which system restore point are you choosing. Merely the last one or a system checkpoint restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-profile-error.911399/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

Why would Bad User Name and/or Password Error keep showing up at startup? I've checked every user name and pass word I can think of that I have to see if they are current and I still get this error all the time. Any ideas? And how to correct this? Thank you.

John
Windows XP SP 2

A:Dad User Name Or Password - Error

Have you ever deleted a user in the start button-->control panel-->user groups?Sometimes it helps to show hidden files. Check show hidden files & uncheck hide system files. Then navigate to My Computer C:\ (making sure to show the contents of this drive on the left) to the documents & settings and see which users have folders there and whats in 'em. Be slow to delete, but you can copy files if you want. See if Dad has a folder.Also, does it do it when you start inSafe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly at a reboot. Start when the screen goes black and keep it up until the screen appears where you can use the up arrow to choose safe mode. Hit enter. Hit enter. Do more than one user name appear at the slightly modified welcome screen?In fact what do you see at a normal boot, the welcome screen with a user name?There is a way to see that screen without any user name & windows simply continues to the desktop after a couple seconds of showing it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/6950/dad-user-name-or-password-error/
Relevancy 35.69%

Dear All I need help ASAP I am so confused My problem is as follows I used to use Windows Me and IE suddenly an error message used to pop up error Iexplore , user.exe about Iexplore Iexplore , user.exe error user exe error I formatted my PC installed windows and still the message pops up to me as before in certain web sites I guess I can t get into any chat based web page for example the chat in this web site I am cofused to know that it didnt work out even when i did the formatting Any help error reads IEXPLORE caused a general protection fault in module USER EXE at c b Registers EAX CS ef EIP b EFLGS EBX c SS ESP dc EBP ea ECX c DS af ESI FS c EDX ES af EDI GS Bytes at CS EIP b e b e a b d b fa dc Stack dump c bff b bbc c f ffffffff ef ffffffff bff bff e ef nbsp

A:Iexplore , user.exe error

Closing duplicate, please post only once

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104288

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/iexplore-user-exe-error.104287/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have Windows Professional on my Toshiba Laptop and i Error? User Environment went away for the weekend and my mom used my computer and said that she used it until it quot powered down quot because it wasn t plugged in she then plugged it in and didn t touch it the rest of the weekend I came back Sunday evening and logged on to see that all of my settings were set back to default User Environment Error? I had just recently User Environment Error? organized all User Environment Error? my folders in My Documents about a week before and they were all back to being unorganized I tried to do a system restore but all of the restore points were deleted I then restarted my computer and when I logged back on I got this User Environment error quot Windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL There is not enough space on the disk quot If someone could help me with this it d be really appreciated thank you nbsp

A:User Environment Error?

is there enough disk space?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-environment-error.589524/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi everyone. I use Incredimail and just today I'm getting an error message saying IM has caused an error in USER.EXE and shuts down. I can't reply to letters, start new ones or open any. Please help!! I'm using Build 1482.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled a different version, rebooted my comp. Nothing's helped.

Thanks!

Wendy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-exe-error-message-in-im.231691/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I m an idiot I admit it but I need help I put my XP Home Edition disc in my laptop that already had Windows I figured each was a series of files and I wanted to get and keep the files for Windows Media Player that came with my XP so I was going to try to keep the Media Player files and remove the rest I did not know there was a version for Windows I have it now and over bad 98..help! putting XP user error it works fine But before getting the Windows version of Media Player when I put the XP disc in my CD rom bad user error putting XP over 98..help! I preceeded to install until I got to a point where there was a message giving a hint or two not to continue I had an option to abort the bad user error putting XP over 98..help! setup process which I did and removed the disc Now every time I boot up my laptop it keeps going to the blue screen XP setup page where it shows existing partitions and there it list c partition FAT and D partition FAT I have an option to delete the selected partitions or at the bottom of the screen choose quot install quot which it will not do delete which I am scared to do since I do not know if I will delete something needed and quit I choose quit and then there are - more blue screens with options and then there is a blue screen listing XP setup and Windows There I use the down arrow to go to Windows and clic ok it will re-boot and bring up my Windows and I can proceed as normal How can I remove the XP stuff my disc put in there so all these blue screens are gone and boot up takes me straight to Windows I went ahead and called myself an idiot so you would not have too Thanks for advice help etc nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

A Dell desktop running Xp SP3. When using the switch user function, the second acount logged in immediately displays Application Errors for all running programs at startup. If the first acount user selects log off back to the welcome screen and a second user logs in this does not occur. Passwords have been removed, User Profile Hive Cleanup has been run, and re-creation of accounts has not resolved this issue. Any other suggestions. Thanks.

A:Switch User error

What applications cause this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358670/switch-user-error/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello,
For some reason my computer loads slowly. I log in then black screen with mouse only can be seen. it takes <10 seconds for explorer.exe to appear. I searched for fix and found that it can be fixed by creating new profile. So, I went ahead and created profile. Logged off my current one and find this error when trying to load the new one. "User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded".
I then ran sfc /scannow command in Administrator command prompt. It found few files but was unable to repair them.
unfortunately I cannot open log because I have access denied popping up (was working before).

I think those two problems are somehow connected is there a way to resolve any of those?

A:[Help] User profile error

Hello Lapiz,

If you like, the tutorial below may be able to help with this error.

User Profile Service failed the sign-in - Fix in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/42725-help-user-profile-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

There are 2 accounts on my computer. when i try to login i
get a pop up saying ... Windows cannot load the user's profile
but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.
DETAIL - a required priviledge is not held by the client.
Then when i click ok it just reboots again .. then the same
thing happens again any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-environment-error.245313/
Relevancy 35.69%

A user is getting the "0x80040600" error when they try to Sync with the exchange derver. When I looked up that error on this site. It said to delete the "Deleted Items" folder and that would fix the problem.But, when I go to the "Deleted Items" folder I get this message:"Unable to display the folder. The file C:\Documents and settings\Dennis Hoover.DENNISHOOVER01\Local Settings\Applicaiton Data\Microsoft\Outllook\outlook.ost can not be accessed. The handle is invalid."Then I get a message that tells me to use the Scanpst.exe to repair the outlook.ost file.No Problem.I opened Scanpst.exe and began the repair on outlook.ost. The scan got about 9% through and this message came up:"Inbox Repair Tool -An unexpected eroor prevented access to this file. Use ScanDisk to check the disk for errors, and then try using the Inbox Repair Tool again."Thanks

A:A user is getting the 0x80040600 error

I would delete the user's cached ost file. It will be recreated when the user reconnects to Exchange.You may need to change the folder view so that Hidden files, folders, and drives are shown. And, uncheck the option to hide extensions for known file types.The user profile folders were stored in Documents and Settings in Windows XP. In Windows 7, they are stored in C:\UsersThe correct path for Windows 7 should be: C:\Users\Dennis Hoover.DENNISHOOVER01\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlookmessage edited by beachyhbt

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/a-user-is-getting-the-0x80040600-error/20128.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hopefully this is the right forum to post in my apologies if its not I'm trying to run Dropbox as a different user but whenever I try I get the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password quot The first way I tried was by holding shift and then clicking quot Run program as another user quot The username and password that I typed in were definitely valid but for some reason they weren't recognized as so So I tried another gimmick I installed Dropbox on the alternate user on C and navigated to quot C Users user AppData Roaming Dropbox bin quot on my administrator account I then made a shortcut of the exe to desktop went to properties and added in quot runas exe user username quot before the target Command prompt then came up asking for a password and when i typed it in the error quot RUNAS ERROR Unable to run Logon failure unknown user name as with error user different Dropbox Run or bad password quot I'm clueless someone please Run as different user error with Dropbox help me out Thanks

A:Run as different user error with Dropbox

Here is our tutorial on the subject, hopefully you will find some hint that may help
Run as Different User

It appears,however that it describes the procedure that you already tried.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/98007-run-different-user-error-dropbox.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi:

Hopefully someone can help me, I have done quite a bit of research and can't seem to find any answers.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and when I log into my computer using the same username I've used for over a year, I get an error message that popups and says:

User Environment Error
Window's cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

A required priviledge is not held by the client.

When I click ok, it simply boots me back out to the main login screen and I cannot go any further.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Stephanie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-environment-error.248273/
Relevancy 35.69%

Please, somebody, help me!!! It isn't actually a registered error (no window pops up), but whenever I attempt to logon to ANY user account, at the XP logon screen, I am automatically logged of in about 1 second. I tried, but I can't seem to stop it. It won't even allow user logon in safemode!!! The admin acount doesn't start up either! I would appreciate ANY advice anyone could offer to help. Keep in mind that I cannot access anything beyond the user logon screen (I cannot use msconfig, or any of the good stuff)! Please help!

A:XP User Logon Error!!!

It sounds like a machine that was not activated before the timeout period, except that Safe Mode is usually still accessible.

You'll need to boot from your XP CD and do a repair installation.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

In short----->

All you do is boot from the CD. When it asks if you want to repair and to press "R", don't. Continue with the installation just like you were installing for the first time.

You will then get a license agreement and it will ask you to press F8 to agree. Right after that screen, you will see a list of Windows installations that setup found. It will ask if you want to repair it. Read the directions on that page!!!

Then, you will actually press "R" this time and XP will re-install. Easy as pie.

When done, you will be back to your familiar desktop with everything looking just like it did before. But all your Windows Updates are gone and you will need to get those again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-user-logon-error.232919/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I hope anyone can help with this, Im at the end of my tether
I think I have deleted the administrator account this means I can't do anything, Ive tried using the system restore but because Im going in as another user it wont let me do it. It comes up as permission stopped ask administrator . WindowXP came already installed so I could really do with not unistalling and reinstalling winxp if I can help it.

Many thanks

A:user account error

Try logging off, and at the logon screen Ctrl + Alt and then hit Delete twice. Now type Administrator in the account name and if there is a password insert it but leave it blank if there is none. Did you get in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-error.545113/
Relevancy 35.69%

I booted up my laptop just now, and, as Windows starts to load, I get a User Environment error that states that, "Windows cannot load the locally stored profile."The temporary profile was then loaded. I attempted two system restores, but neither were successful.Any advice?EDIT: After following this page's instructions (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151), I made a new account called New Account, while the main/admin account is still named Justin.No files have been lost.

A:User Environment Error

If the new account is working okay I would just delete the old one.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185648/user-environment-error/
Relevancy 35.69%

When I try to add users to a SharePoint site I receive the following message:

"Cannot add user because a user with that name already exists."

Some additional information:

1. I am one of the administrators of the site (there is one other administrator).
2. We both receive the same error when trying to add users.
3. We are using SharePoint 3.0
4. Under the "Manage Users" page the people we are trying add do not show up as users.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/share-point-error-cannot-add-user.627092/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi, i'm new at this site and have the same problem, that HomeBoy91a had in this thread http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ml#post1177962

But i think it is more complicated,cause i've tried F8 (doesn't work ) went to BIOS(F2) tried to change samething there still nothing , so i'm just wondering if there any solution for that. And yes i loaded recovery disc still nothing : the CD-ROM doesn't respond ,like there is no disk at all. ........BCMLogon.dll User Interface Failure. Contact your system adminitrator,or replace the DLL with new , - I did download the DLL file from Broadcom and tried to load it in to system don't know how to ...So PLEASE HELP!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dll-error-user-interface-failure-please-help-197015.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I got this error message when logging on this morning.
"The User Profile Service service failed the log in. User Profile cannot be loaded".
I was able to log in on an other user account and ran system restore and the account was repaired.
Any ideas on what happened?
Running Win 7 Ultimate RTM from Technet.
The last program that I was messing with was VMware Workstation.

Ken

A:User Profile Service error

Ken

Did you run any reg cleaners, or defraggers, or have to force boot?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/25097-user-profile-service-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys,
This thread is kind of important to me as i am in need of skype.As you have read the title , there is no user interface in skype software except for the blue background.There is no Username and password field in the software.I am currently using the most recent skype update.The picture explains the rest....
Regards,
ibulletproof

A:Skype User Interface error

Please try this and report back if it worked or not.

Reboot, run Skype. When it shows you the blank blue background as shown in your screenshot, leave it open. Now open the Run dialog (WIN + R) and type or copy & paste the following:

On a Windows x64 system:

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary

On a Windows x86 system:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /secondary

Press Enter or click OK:

This opens a second Skype process in a new window. If this second instance does not work either, it tells something is wrong with your Skype installation and you should completely remove it from your system and reinstall. If the second instance works as it should we need to look for the error somewhere else.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/49750-skype-user-interface-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Posted the message below under Windows XP forum, but now think it should be here.

I ran a virus scan and found the following

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp - error opening [4]

and have tried looking on the net to find out how to resolve this or what this is without much luck. I am not good with computers so if anyone could help me resolve this I would appreciate it very much.

Inge

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372671/dr-watsonuserdmp-error-opening-4/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have the same problem as this user:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/799943-computer-keeps-saying-one-other.html

I transferred an account from one user to another. I had them both logged in when I deleted the old user. Now I get an error stating that another user is logged in even though there is only one user on the system.

I have tried rebooting. The Guest account is off.

There must be a setting (Registry Entry?) that is listing the other user as still being logged in. Any ideas about where to find it?

Thank you.

Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I switched on my computer today to do some homework. But when I clicked on my user icon a message appeared saying-
"The user profile service has failed the logon.
User profile cannot be loaded."
Here is a picture-http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5815204553/in/photostream/
I had a look in my Users folder to see if my information was still here and I found this-
Capture | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I didn't move these files to my folders and also they weren't there when I last went on.
Please tell me what the problem is because I have to type some important homework which is for tomorrow.
Thank you.

A:User Profile Service Error

Welcome
Maybe this will help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290541-user-profile-service-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I'm having an issue I just can't seem to figure out At my place of work we are currently in the process of upgrading our machines from XP to We recently got a brand new machine with for one of the employees So I installed all the necessary software on his machine under the administrator login for our domain Everything worked fine I take the new box to him boot it up try to open and set up his email Outlook and it gives me a Error - The path Application Data contains an invalid character So I try to uninstall or repair and get the same error I then log off the User's account he is set to run as administrator on the machine but not the Error 1324 Single User domain and log back as administrator and everything opens fine Then I log in with a different User's account and everything works fine So I'm thinking that this has to be a specific User issue but everything I have read says it is due to an error in the registry But this doesn't make sense to me since it is a brand new computer and other accounts worked fine Unless registry files transfer with the account and not the machine He is back on an XP box for the moment and everything is working fine but we need to upgrade him asap Anyone have any ideas Thanks

A:Single User 1324 Error

By the way same thing happens for Office suite 2007. It seems to be Office products in general.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/single-user-1324-error-560718.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Everytime I switch user. Windows automatically puts a password for all the profiles and the administrator password doesn't even work. Everytime I log off to go to another profile. It gives me this error message as soon as i click on it.

A:Login/switch user Error

What version of Windows and what patchs have you installed?

Also are you using Fast User Switching?

See: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/accessibility/fastuserswitching.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/login-switch-user-error.424564/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have been encountering some Access Error Data User weird error that has been coming up recently It shows as User Data Access random number has stopped working I'm running Windows Enterprise -bit and haven't encountered this error before Updated the Nvidia Graphics driver and updated some drivers through device manager and I started getting these messages Please advice Code SourceUser Data Access a bd Summary Stopped working Date PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path C Windows System svchost exe Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX User Data Access Error Application Name svchost exe UserDataSvc a bd Application Version Application Timestamp d ba Fault Module Name ntdll dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp af eb Exception Offset b Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version User Data Access Error Locale ID Additional Information ac Additional Information ac ad c c a e Additional Information Additional Information bf fe e e e a f Extra information about the problem Bucket ID d beb dcd d b c db ac d ac

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66892-user-data-access-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

when I switch users I get "windows did not sut down properly" error message and the whole thing restarts after a hit enter huh???

A:switch user get error massage

Try logging OUT of your account and log into your other account(s) and log each of them out. Do NOT use the switch user. Then restart the machine.
I think you may find that the machine was shut down when a account was switched from.

This MAY fix things, but, after the restart, I would log in to each account and then log out to test each of them.

I do NOT use the switch user, for reasons such as this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/switch-user-get-error-massage.814357/
Relevancy 35.69%

I can't logon to my user profile as the administrator!

THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT COMES UP IS:

USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED TO LOGON.

USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED.

WHAT CAN I DO?

A:User profile error message

Hello Ernie, and welcome back to Vista Forums.

This may be able to help you fix this error.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278552-user-profile-error-message.html
Relevancy 35.69%

ActiveX component can't create object

How do i fix this i just reinstall windows 7 ultimate and i cannot fix this

Relevancy 35.69%

Please help! Tried the fix in reg edit user profiles. However, there was no .dat file to correct. Not sure what to do. Tried to create new user, but it didn't copy all my files. And I would have to redo outlook for all my email. I just want to fix this, so I can get back to work. I made the mistake of following advice to do a chkdsk, which is just now at 42%. Can anyone here help me? Thanks in advance!

A:Help! User profile logon error

Let the chkdsk finish.  If you stop it you will wind up with missing or damaged files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538983/help-user-profile-logon-error/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have Windows Professional on my Toshiba Laptop and i went away for the weekend and my mom used my computer and said that she used it until it quot powered down quot because it wasn t plugged in she then plugged it in and didn t touch it the rest of the weekend I came back Sunday evening and logged on to see that all of my settings were set back to default I had just recently organized all my folders in My Documents about a week before and they were all back to being unorganized I tried to do a system restore but all of the restore points were deleted I then restarted my computer and when I logged back on I got this User Environment error quot Windows cannot load the users profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system DETAIL There is not enough space on the disk quot Environment LOG INCLUDED HELP!!! User HJT Error- If someone could help me with this it d be really appreciated thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C HELP!!! User Environment Error- HJT LOG INCLUDED Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java lib appservService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan mcshield exe C Program Files Java jdk bin java exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan vstskmgr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Zooming Utility SmoothView exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Toshiba Windows Utilities Hotkey exe C toshiba ivp ism pinger exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack tbmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Cisco Systems Clean Access Agent CCAAgent exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings chs Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http downloads yahoo com in... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-user-environment-error-hjt-log-included.589553/
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay....

2003 domain, and Exch 2003 for email.

We change passwords every 30 days ( policy)

So one of my users changed thier password and now can no longer access network resources. She cant open her email ether because we store the PST file in a mapped my documents folder.

SO when I try to open her my documents it wants me to athenticate. So I put her user name and password in, in the following format

domain\user
password

It just bounces me back to the logon box..

I have reset the password again I have power cycled her machine and rebooted all the DC's and the Exchange box.

I dont understand...

If I change the password and I am able to logon that mean I am using the correct credentials, cause I am not logging on with chached ones. I dont know maybe someone has had something like this before.

A:Solved: User password error

Issue seems to have resolved its self. Must have been an issue with AD replicating or something I dunno, will mark as solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-password-error.482112/
Relevancy 35.69%

I m running Windows with user accounts Recently when logging onto one of the accounts happens to be the administrator and the one I ve been using most as of late I encounter a series of problems I ve since checked on the other accounts and none of error user profile messages one in these issues are found outside of this one account Every time I log onto this account I get the error message Error CreateDirectory error OK I noticed the programs I had pinned to the taskbar had changed from their normal program icons to blank white icons and no longer work as shortcuts to the programs they used to run In the start menu the same thing error messages in one user profile has happened Office programs I had in the start menu have changed to blank white icons and don t run Also in the Start Menu the search function has stopped working For example I type the letter a and wait but no results are returned at all Also on the Start Menu in the area on the right error messages in one user profile below the usrename Documents error messages in one user profile Pictures Music None of these links work I click on them and nothing happens When I run Word I get the error message Microsoft Word The correction file MSO acl could not be saved This file may be read-only or you may not have permission to change it OK not the exact words I have Office installed in another language and I m translating I click OK and the same error pops up a second time Click OK again and Word runs However it proves very unstable frequently closing without warning giving messages that Word stopped working correctly etc Also I am finding files called MSO acl and similar filenames being generated in various locations on the desktop in My Documents etc When I run OneNote I get an error saying the files may be corrupted or there may not be space on the disk for them Remember this only happens in one user account In the others OneNote runs without problems I have transferred some of my notes to a removable disk and opened them from other user accounts and they open no problems Internet Explorer has forgotten my most visited sites When I open a new tab it should bring up a series of tiles representing my most visited sites but these all went blank and are now filling up wit the sites I have visited since noit taking into account all the sites vistited previously I had a Sticky Note on the desktop which has disappeared Indeed if I go to Start All Programs Accessories and click on sticky Notes nothiung happens the program doesn t open but I don t get any error message either In other user accounts it works When I open Chrome I get the error message your preferences cannot be read Some features may not be available And changes to your preferences will not be saved Opeining Skyoe also says files were not found and I should uninstall and reinstall the progtam to solve the problem Well I don t know if this is specifically a Windows problem but I d be grateful if anyone of the knowledgeable contributors here could recognize the symptoms and suggest what the problem may be I have obviously thought that as all these problemas are only found in one user profile I could just delete it and use another profile but I would be worried about these problems coming back in the future

A:error messages in one user profile

Hello tgv, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before this happened may be able to fix this for you.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275005-error-messages-one-user-profile.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi, This is my first post - depending on what we are discussing, I am hopeless to moderately well informed. problem: Canon Pixma MP780 multi-function device gives error 2,110,0 and no matter what Canon nor I have done, the computer and scanner are not communicating - I have uninstalled and reinstalled countless times - does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Thank you.

A:Error 2,110,0 user canceled scan

Have you tried updating the driver?

Also make sure the Printer Spooler service is Started and on Automatic. Click on Start, Run and type services.msc.

Locate the Printer Spooler service and double click on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-2-110-0-user-canceled-scan.839483/
Relevancy 35.69%

I seem to be getting this on my main pc but not on my old p pc specs are P K PREMIUM WIFI Intel E GHz X Seagate baracuda Nvidia GTS GB Corsair XMS Mhz Gigabyte Rocket Pro Heatsink OCZ Watt Game X Stream PSU XP home editon Internet Explorer error accounts script User Script Error An error has occurred in the script in this page Line Char Error Access is denied Code URL res C Windows system nusrmgr cpl nusrmgr hta User accounts script error Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page I have tried the following but with no success Have changed the RAM for new sticks have updated it to the latest bios via floppy disk have changed the cables to my hard drives have changed the IDE cable to my DVDRW have changed the graphics card to another model and tried an install hard drives have been tested and passed have tried a new cpu no change have tried swapping the drive out of my p pc which runs xp fine but somehow i get the error in the core machine mouse freezes g logitech under xp and has done it under vista too but runs fine on my p pc have taken it to have a new board fitted still does it but about everyother time i try to clcik it have tried using HTAstop have tried To resolve this behavior use the regsvr command to register the dll files To do this follow these steps Click Start click Run type cmd and then click OK At the command prompt type the following commands press ENTER after each command and then click OK when a message says that the registration is successful Regsvr jscript dll Regsvr nusrmgr cpl Regsvr i mshtml dll Regsvr themeui dll Regsvr Vbscript dll I have a g logitech mouse which i also seem to have issues with on my main rig under xp i lose the use of it sometimes during install and sometimes when windows is running have spent hours on the phone to microsoft no luck have tried different dvd drives But i have recently built another machine which is using my old p chip windows has installed perfecly my mouse works fine during install and within windows so id love some help nbsp

A:User accounts script error

hi there. nice to meet u. i would recommend u use mozilla firefox to browse as it saves you the trouble and never comes up with stupid errors like that.
Also visit this page for internet explorer help from people: http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...3eb-7037-4d4f-bde1-d8efee1f1420&lang=en&cr=us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/user-accounts-script-error.92339/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all,

I receive the following error on login to my account, but not when I log into my partner's account. There are no errors in windows log, and I've provided the processes running on the computer, but due to the vagueness of the error (there being absolutely no text) I can't really figure this one out.

Cheers!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-user-error-on-login.989985/
Relevancy 35.69%

Can someone give me simple instructions on correcting this Profile no! Solved: error. User Oh, I tried the ones at Vista com but to much of a dunce to figure it out The computer didn Solved: Oh, no! User Profile error. t come with an install CD And we never managed to get the stupid back up CDs to even run We ve had this computer since and this is the first real major issue that we have ever truly had with it Solved: Oh, no! User Profile error. I turn my computer on and now I get Logged on with a temporary profile I am on Windows Vista this started yesterday I backed up what files I could find that mattered I just could not back up all of them or my browsers Because they are acting as if nothing is bookmarked in them and even add-ons are missing and all the files that I saved with Mozilla s scrapbook add-on It is very hard to find files on the computer Unless you remember the exact name of any specific file you need you won t find it once you find a file you try and open the containing folder where it s located and you can try to backup all the stuff that way in that specific folder I am taking the time to run a virus scan on each folder before I copy over to my external hard drive This seemed to start after my son installed and used both Team Fortress and Steam I don t know if they were the culprits but it s odd that we started having this issue afterwards the next morning I ran Kaspersky and it did say Steam was a virus but most virus programs say that So I asked for Kaspersky to remove it anyway It didn t find any other issues I tried running Clean Up the toilet flushing one and it never get s out of demo mode nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I'm still new with Windows I downloaded the quot Absolute uninstaller quot in Profile! Account Help! Error User here in the forum got Error in User Account Profile! Help! the link from here Now I'm cleaning my laptop uninstalling those that are not familliar and usable Now I'm having a big problem because my anti-virus is not anymore working the folder is still there and the icon I tried to delete the folder but I'm getting an error that I need permisssion of the administrator BUT I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR I remember deleting MS C because I thinking that I'm not a programmer why would I keep that Is that the reason why I'm having this big problem I saw MS C displayed on the lists of applications when I ran the quot absolute uninstaller quot I noticed that user profile was added I don't know how did it happened My friends advised me to system restore but I'm worried b'coz it might delete the newly useful installed applications I downloaded I don't know how to fix it Please help me guys

A:Error in User Account Profile! Help!

Hi,

The MS C++ will no doubt be used by other applications requiring those runtime files so deleting them was a bad idea

As for your Antivirus, try re-installing it to see if it'll allow uninstallation from the Windows 'Remove Program' option in Control Panel.

By 'User Profile' what are you referring to? Every computer has/needs a user profile to function. Is it a new user created?
OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/130884-error-user-account-profile-help.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Running Windows 7 homebpremium sp1 64 bit

Cannot log in on any 'standard user' accounts.
'Administrator' accounts are fine.
Password entered > shows "logging on" then shows "logging off" , followed by waiting for system event notification servivce for 2 minutes, then returns to main log on screen for all users

Have:
set up new standard user - can't log on
Reset passwords - can't log on
Removed passwords - can't log on
Changed standard user to administrator - all ok
No parental controls are set
Safe mode- issue still occurs

CAN ANYBODY HELP ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-standard-user-error.997120/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all,
I'm trying to fix an issue with a friends laptop, and wondered if anyone on here might be able to help.
The issue seems to be fairly common; upon entering the password on bootup, I receive the error 'The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded', and then have no option but to logout.
I've managed to find some solutions online, but they don't seem to be possible for my situation. I don't have a Vista recovery disk or the original installation disk available, so can't fix it this way. While I can boot it up in safe mode, no system restore points have been saved, so I can't restore it either.

In addition, there is no administration profile I can access; only the one user profile that has the issue.

Does anyone know of another way this issue could be fixed? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

A:'User profile cannot be loaded' error

Greg,
I think that this great tutorial published by our leader may help

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301967-user-profile-cannot-loaded-error.html
Relevancy 35.69%

So, I'm working on this .bat script.

I'm using NOTEPAD to edit from command prompt.

I ALT-F, ALT-S to save and ALT-F and ALT-X to exit. Then run my script.

I ALT-F after almost every line I change (very anal). Make a few changes, exit NOTEPAD and rerun the script.

After half a dozen changes/tests, I go back into the .bat script and it is NOW back to what it practically was when I started. TWO whole sections of code (non-contiguous) are missing from it. Part of a FOR /F loop was cut off.

I haven't had a computer error in a heck of a long time.

I'm all ears on this one. I lost half an hour of work.

A:computer error - can't possibly be the user

Hi Jim,

Is it possible you have two copies of the .BAT file? I know it seems unlikely, but this has happened to me before....and I swore I always working on just the one copy

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204026-computer-error-cant-possibly-user.html
Relevancy 35.69%

For the past few weeks I've been getting the following ERROR MESSAGE when I log in to my laptop running Windows 7. I'm not sure how to determine what program/application is issuing the message. Any suggestions?
At least one component is missing. Try reinstalling the application. If the problem persists, contact our technical support (0010). Window Title: Error The Only Button in this error message window/dialog is OK.

Thanks for your assistance... ...Mike

Relevancy 35.69%

I can't boot to safe mode. I know of three ways to do it. Use boot options in msconfig (I can no no longer select them), press shift when restarting your PC and you are supposed to get boot options such as repiar, safe mode, shutdown, etc, (all it shows now is a heading of Options and the only option being shutdown), another way is press shift on boot up and again you are supposed to see a list of options including boot to safe mode (all it get now is nothing at all and it continues to login screen).

This is on Win8.1 and not Win10 so wtf is going on? Maybe I changed an option in gpedit? I'm going with Microsoft sabotage taking away user control even further right now.

p.s. yes I ran msconfig with admin rights

A:User error or more Microsoft sabotage?

You admit you probably altered the Windows defaults by making a Group Policy Edit - YOU changed something (and from reading previous posts it's pretty obvious that you have made quite a few changes on your machine) - and yet it's Microsoft that now gets your blame? Again? Really?

By the way: when are you switching to Linux 'cause you've pretty much railed against Windows for a long time, Linux could use some of that energy you're putting into all that ranting.

https://hardforum.com/threads/user-error-or-more-microsoft-sabotage.1902832/
Relevancy 35.69%

This has happened for as long as I created my account on my xp computer. I just ignored it all the time but now it's getting very annoying. When I log on, a message pops up before my profile loads. It says:

"Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

DETAIL - The configuration registry database is corrupt."

And it has a 30 second timer before it automatically loads the profile. How do I fix this?

A:Error when loading user account

Under User Profiles reset the rights to your user profile folder.
Login as an Administrator
Go to System Properties - User Profiles - (select the profile that does not work)- select copy to - select the folder that represents the profile of the user you selected. This should solve the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-loading-user-account-287923.html
Relevancy 35.69%

hi guys

ive a windows XP running on my system.actually i had formatted my entire hard disk, and installed XP freshly.and i have only one account activated(so it has to be the administrator) . but when i try to access User accounts in the control panel, it displays

'An Unspecified error'

what do i do??

Fidel