Windows Support Forum

Web pages hang in both IE11 and Edge on Windows 10 for second logged in user with admin privelegs

Q: Web pages hang in both IE11 and Edge on Windows 10 for second logged in user with admin privelegs

I setup a new user on a stand-alone Windows laptop this weekend and noticed that most websites hang in both Edge and IE nbsp I had a look at the user's pages for 10 admin Web Edge and with second in privelegs Windows on both hang logged IE11 user in rights and made sure that they were removed from the local USERS group and only were a member of the Administrators group nbsp Then I looked at IE itself and found that if I ran IE as administrator it worked fine so I logged the user out and back in again and still nothing nbsp I also noticed that IE has a setting to run with administrative privileges which I enabled and still nothing nbsp I thought at this point that it might be a website Web pages hang in both IE11 and Edge on Windows 10 for second logged in user with admin privelegs issue or at least an ISP issue nbsp I tried the same sites with the first logged in account on the same machine and everything worked fine At this point I was looking at a user rights issue I thought nbsp Then I tried the same sites with the new user using Chrome and everything worked fine nbsp So I'm at a loss as to what this might be nbsp I've check that IE is using software rendering so that's not the issue Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated An example of a site would be to go to www webex com then try to log in nbsp The login page just spins and spins

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c2289442-c717-4b75-9b0d-a6aa36dd5c93/web-pages-hang-in-both-ie11-and-edge-on-windows-10-for-second-logged-in-user-with-admin-privelegs?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Web pages hang in both IE11 and Edge on Windows 10 for second logged in user with admin privelegs

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.13%

After a fresh installation of Windows 10 Home 32-bit I added a second user using adding another person, not a family member. That went OK and I went back to some web browsing with EDGE. Within a few minutes EDGE hung and I lost the keyboard and mouse. I had to use the reset button to recover. I did a fresh install again with the one user and the machine is very stable and never hangs. As soon as I add another user, the hang happens pretty quick.

If anyone has some useful suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/67695-adding-user-causes-edge-hang.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm setting in user No when admin as logged privileges a domain up a No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user new Dell Vostro with Windows Professional bit preinstalled I was able to connect it to my company's domain and log in as the domain admin I logged in as this No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user computer admin and went to users accounts I added the domain user there and they are part of the administrator group I clicked on the advanced tab up top and went to quot advanced user management quot I clicked groups and opened up quot administrators quot I added quot domain admins quot quot domain users quot and quot domain saleslaptop quot the actual user I did the same by logging in as the domain admin I couldn't add a new folder for hijackthis in quot program files quot without No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user getting an error I can't add a folder in quot c users saleslaptop quot I found this thread Domain users and the super admin account and tried cmd gpupdate force I still have the issues I couldn't install the accounting software by double clicking on the setup exe on the network folder like I normally do I had to right click and quot run as administrator quot I was able to get it to run but it took FOREVER It normally takes minutes I had to leave it going overnight It seemed to keep freezing and took a long time when installing net for my accounting software I can't seem to get the domain user to have administrative privileges It went so smooth when I upgrade my Vostro from Win XP to WIn Pro bit Any suggestions

A:No admin privileges when logged in as a domain user

Since you are on a domain, are you enforcing group policy ? You are making the user account a Local administrator on this computer, but not a Domain Administrator. Group policy will keep this user account from doing some things if the account is just a domain user. I assume that this user will not normally be a domain administrator, is that correct ? In Active Directory on the server, open Active Directory Users and Groups and see what domain groups does this user account belong to ? You may have to temporarily add this user account to one or more administrative groups in AD for this user account to do all the things you want it to be able to do. Try adding this user to the Domain Admins and the Group Policy Creator / Owners groups on the server, then go to the PC and log in as the user. You may need to log in twice before the elevated permissions show up. When done, be sure to remove this user account from the administrative groups in AD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/124941-no-admin-privileges-when-logged-domain-user.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi
I'm working on a .NET app and I need to test this up as standard user. I am running as admin right now and I really don't wanna create a new standard account just to test this using "Run as different user" option. Any way to accomplish this?

A:Run application as standard user while logged in as admin

Quote: Originally Posted by daydr3am3r

Hi
I'm working on a .NET app and I need to test this up as standard user. I am running as admin right now and I really don't wanna create a new standard account just to test this using "Run as different user" option. Any way to accomplish this?

Daydr, I would not recommend this as it could give you the wrong action as the system would remember that your an admin.

You can create a standard account and then remove it later.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/209903-run-application-standard-user-while-logged-admin.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Greetings I have done a bunch of reading and I was able to gain temporary access to my Task Manager Screen However I can not get to my CMD line my file search function is also disabled Also I can not shut the machine down properly I have followed the five steps and logged user by is Another in Manager Admin/ Task Locked I am including my logs Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Task Manager Locked by Admin/ Another user is logged in Tim Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Timothy Sauer on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Installed Windows Defender - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Task Manager Locked by Admin/ Another user is logged in WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exe C DOCUME TIMOTH LOCALS Temp clclean C WINDOWS system DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exe C Program Files Ulead Systems Ulead Photo Express SE CalCheck exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopDisplay exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Common Files DataViz DvzIncMsgr exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Belkin F U usbshare exe C Program Files Palm Hotsync exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Southwest Airlines Ding Ding exe C WINDOWS system CTSVCCDA EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehrecvr exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcods exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee RedirSvc RedirSvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcsysmon exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files McAfee MPF MpfSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C Program Files McAfee M... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/task-manager-locked-by-admin-another-user-is-logged-in-199488.html
Relevancy 71.81%

my windows 10 has the Blue E that states 'Microsoft Edge' when mouse hovers over the taskbar avatar .. but My MSN videos play videos back in black screen( no video) and sound is OK .. BUT every where I look for a fix remedy says to fix this within IE11 settings where is IE11?

"When upgrading from an earlier version of Windows to Windows 10, Microsoft Edge will automatically become your default browser. Microsoft Edge is a new internet browser introduced with Windows 10 ."

in the mean time have made my default browser google chrome and have no problem with MSN videos ...

A:Running windows 10 AEd . confused over IE11 and EDGE

Windows 10 comes with both IE11 and Edge built in. Edge is Microsoft's recommended browser and the one where all future development will concentrate. But the business world would throw up their hand in horror if IE was removed - many bespoke company Intranet applications will only work with IE because only IE can run Microsoft ActiveX controls. Indeed Microsoft's own Update Catalog website will only work with IE for the same reason.

You have IE if you really need it but MS don't really want you to use it, so it's hidden away on an infrequently visited part of the All Apps list. It's to be found under 'Windows Accessories'. The only other place you can find it is (ironically) in Edge. Open any webpage, click on the 'three dots' icon at the top right and one of the items in the menu that appears is 'Open with Internet Explorer'. However you get to it, once running you can pin it to the taskbar.

But finding IE isn't necessarily going to help you fix Edge's video problems, the settings you need to change may be in Edge, not IE. I'm not clear what you mean by 10 A.Ed. Can you type Winver in the search box next to Start and run it. To be of more help we need to know the full set of numbers shown there for the version and OS build.

What I can tell you is that for my version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) Edge has no such problems showing videos from MSN.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/64918-running-windows-10-aed-confused-over-ie11-edge.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Yesterday After Windows Updates Edge and Recent Broken IE11 I was IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates forced to reboot my IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates computer as MS installed some Windows Updates IE11 and Edge Broken After Recent Windows Updates After the reboot I can no longer access google com's main page and some other https site like my companies Citrix Storefront login page These all worked before the forced update There were updates installed KB and KB I uninstalled the KB and rebooted and everything worked again Later in the day again MS installed something and forced me to reboot After the reboot the same problem came back Funny thing now is that those updates are no longer there and were replaced by others One of them I could uninstall and the other I cannot I uninstalled the one didn't write done the KB and rebooted and still the same problem It only really seems to be issues with some https sites I can't believe that there is a problem with googles certificate I get a quot There is a problem with this website's security certificate quot The security certificate presented by this website is not secure Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept and data you send to the server I cannot just accept the cert nor can I look at it like I could in Windows

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/47273-ie11-edge-broken-after-recent-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 70.95%

MS16-064 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player (3157993)   
has been revised:
KB 3163207 updates Flash (ActiveX) to 21.0.0.242 in Windows 8.1/10 
[ KB 3157993, issued on Tuesday 5/10, had updated Flash (ActiveX) to 21.0.0.241  ]   

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19974392
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a directory at the root of the C:\ It has read only checked but also grey. I have gone in and unchecked it 100% and applied it to all files and subdirectories but it always comes back when I right click and go back into properties. I am logged on as admin and in fact I geve everyone full permissions to the directory and files underneath in order to make sure nothing fishy was going on with permissions.

Not all directories though show this read only greyed some have it not checked at all.

The interesting thing is I made a brand new folder on the root of C and as soon as I did it I checked the properties and it too had the greyed box with a check in it though it had no subfolders or files and it really should not have been read only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/read-only-wont-go-away-windows-2003-logged-on-as-admin.435677/
Relevancy 66.22%

I am new to windows 8.1. I have a Lenovo Yoga 2.

I want to be able to read web pages that I have saved as "favorites", online, while I am offline. I will not have access for a week and would love to read articles, pages that I have saved.

Can someone tell me how to do this step by step?

Thank you so much in advance!

A:Windows 8.1 IE11: How do I save web pages to read offline?

Hey mate,

You can save the webpage; it worked for me when I was offline:

Go to the web page in Internet explorer, click on Tools (the cog wheel), select file, then Save as...
You can save the page to the desktop, a folder you've created, downloads, or anywhere really. Then you'll have a list of pages that you can view later on.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/54849-windows-8-1-ie11-how-do-i-save-web-pages-read-offline.html
Relevancy 66.22%

so I really don't no whether this is a sign of a virus or not I really don't know a lot about these things but a few things -when I logged off to shut down from my only account it said warning other users logged in my lose their work -the terminal flash on the screen when my desktop first launches after a reboot only for a few seconds and doesn't look like it has any writing sort of like a program quickly ran that shouldn't have -some los... in may other log windows off i logged user when says times my screen seems to reboot randomly then I lose some control of my mouse like someone's on put vnc on my machine and is messing with when i log off windows says other user logged in may los... me ill admit this could be my mouse but why does my screen refresh randomly like that is this normal of windows display sever -other than a few performance issues that could be configuration related system operates at normal cpu memory usage all my partitions are normal security settings are all high on router pc thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/69462-when-i-log-off-windows-says-other-user-logged-may-los.html
Relevancy 65.36%

so I really don't no whether this is a sign of a virus or not I really don't know a lot about these things but a few things -when I logged off to shut down from my only account it said warning other users logged in my lose their work -the terminal flash on the screen when my desktop first launches after a reboot only for a in off other may los... when log help windows i plase says user logged few seconds and doesn't look like it plase help when i log off windows says other user logged in may los... has any writing sort of like a program plase help when i log off windows says other user logged in may los... quickly ran that shouldn't have -some times my screen seems to reboot randomly then I lose some control of my mouse like someone's on put vnc on my machine and is messing with me ill admit this could be my mouse but why does my screen refresh randomly like that is this normal of windows display sever -other than a few performance issues that could be configuration related system operates at normal cpu memory usage all my partitions are normal security settings are all high on router pc thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/69462-plase-help-when-i-log-off-windows-says-other-user-logged-may-los.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have created two new user accounts. The first I set up as a standard account, logged on, did a few things, then logged off, logged on as my administrator account and editted the account to be an administrator. When I log back on as this account, it appears that the user still does not have administrator privileges even though under the user it says "Administrator". For example, the UAC control does not appear when you click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Also, trying to install software where the installer asks for admin privileges fails. However, the second account created started as an adminstrator account and exhibits neither of these problems.

I just haven't seen anything in posts about this and wonder what the difference is and if there is anything that "second class" administrator user can do to become a "first class" administrator.

A:New admin user acting differently than standard user changed to admin

Quote:
For example, the UAC control does not appear when you click on "Change User Account Control Settings". Also, trying to install software where the installer asks for admin privileges fails.

Does UAC control display a confirmation question? this is the case for administrator accounts
Does UAC control ask for username/password? This is the case for standard accounts
Change the account back (just for testing) to standard account. Does it ask for username/password when changing system settings?
system built-in admin account has admin rights always
manually made account with admin rights has only admin rights after you allow it in the UAC control popup.
manually made account without admin rights has only admin rights after you allow it in the UAC control popup (enter a admin's username and password).
That's how it should work

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/203736-new-admin-user-acting-differently-than-standard-user-changed-admin.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Thank you!

I am admin ( WIN 7 Pro 64 computer 4 years old): In admin user default account, any and ALL open, and .exe functions denied.

CMD right click 'run as admin' (net user admin etc.) has no effect. Checking all folders I show FULL permission. Right click 'run as admin' has no effect on any file.

Created new USER with ADMIN functions and all works in that account.

Q: How can I trouble shoot my normal ADMIN account (it has all of my 1000s of folders, programs etc.)
Q: Or how can I transfer all of my doc to my new user internally? (Without backup to external drive etc)

This happened after a Microsoft standard update weeks ago. I tried restore, but restore fails. By now I have done much on the computer and restore not an option.
I have not been able to open or run any program files.

Any help I would be grateful!

TF

A:Admin User Error5. CMD solutions failed. New User with ADMIN works

Wow. 2 days and not a single suggestion or reply?

Is this a really a simple common error? Is that why no replies? Or is there no help for it?

I searched the forums for hours over 2 days reading multiple posts and possible solutions and came up empty. Nothing applicable to my situation.

I have tried:
1. System restore. It always fails, even in SAFE mode or REPAIR mode.
2. Run as administrator (Both from right click and from CMD)
3. Sharing all folders (Although this ADMIN account has all privileges/permissions as it is anyway)
This created a 2nd ADMIN account. Don't know why.
4. Reset all privileges back to default settings.

Have not tried to re-install windows as I don't have a copy of Win 7. Plus I would like to avoid the reality of reinstalling so many programs and files.

Right now when the Original Admin user tries to run a .exe, I get a "Setup was unable to create the directory "...etc..." Error 5 access denied.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would at least get me moving trying some things. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/302806-admin-user-error5-cmd-solutions-failed-new-user-admin-works.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I am trying to carry out the steps in the Hijack this and malware removal instructions, but cannot get the Kaspersky scanner to run.
It says that I need Administrator privileges to install it.
I only have the one account on that machine, the Admin one.

User Accounts shows only the one admin account.

Any ideas how I get the rights back?
Computer is an HP Pavilion Laptop running XP pro SP2

A:Logged In As Admin, But Don't Have Admin Rights

try right clicking on it and selecting "run as admin"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148616/logged-in-as-admin-but-dont-have-admin-rights/
Relevancy 64.5%

I cannot do a few things that require admin rights but I the account I'm using is an admin account. I made a new account and gave it all privileges, admin, backup operations, helpservicesgroup, network configuration operations and replicator but even with all those rights this user can't get windows updates.

This is where I noticed the trouble, I wanted to go to windows updates and it gave me this error:
[Error number: 0x8DDD0002]
To install updates from this website, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. If you use Windows XP, you can see if you are an administrator by going to User Accounts in Control Panel.

Note: If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you using this website. Contact your system administrator for help with updates. Click to expand...

Any ideas?

A:Logged in as admin but have no admin rights

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316524
moper

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-but-have-no-admin-rights.781270/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I upgraded to Windows on around pm I let them computer sit and do the upgrade all day I came back to the computer around pm that night and noted the upgrade was apparently complete However all of my files pictures settings were gone I had saved emailed myself copies of all important documents and wasn't concerned that my documents were not there I opened Word and began user as Windows Logged temporary Update 10 in - a creating a Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user new document for work I saved it and then went to bed The next day I woke up opened up my laptop and found that all my OLD settings from Windows were back including documents pictures settings but Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user that the document that I created in windows the previous Windows 10 Update - Logged in as a temporary user night was gone I've done some research and think that maybe the installation of Windows wasn't complete or maybe I was logged in to a temporary account but I still can't find this one specific document that I created in Word with Windows Any suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/48166-windows-10-update-logged-temporary-user.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Running Windows 7 64 bit

Cannot log in on any 'standard user' accounts.
'Administrator' accounts are fine.
Password entered > shows "logging on" then shows "logging off" then returns to main log on screen for all users

Have:
set up new standard user - can't log on
Reset passwords - can't log on
Removed passwords - can't log on
Changed standard user to administrator - all ok
No parental controls are set

CAN ANYBODY HELP ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-standard-user-immediately-logged-off.940341/
Relevancy 64.5%

Edge often displays a blank page for some links, but not others, when set to "Mobile Version" in settings.

A:Edge for Windows 10 Mobile won't display some pages

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Edge often displays a blank page for some links, but not others, when set to "Mobile Version" in settings. It takes time according to your internet connection.
Some sites are heavy, only made for desktop which loads slowly but will show the webpage. 😊
/ A TIP \
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the WindowsCentral(or Mobile Nation services) so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444548-edge-windows-10-mobile-wont-display-some-pages.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible?

A:IE11 vs. Edge

Browser Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer 11 (Windows 10)

IE has become a failure and MS is trying to start over with a new browser, Edge. This is a ground up design of a new browser and it's looking good right now for a browser that's only about a year old. I've been using it for some time and it's been a good experience for me at least.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/48979-ie11-vs-edge.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have WORKING) -Run logged on Scheduler Task (NOT whether user 7 or Windows not a exe fil created in visual studio which does requires one parameter to execute I want to run it at PM on daily when user logged on off through the windows task scheduler I followed below steps to schedule a exe to run it through windows task scheduler Step Created new task with name quot Billing Update quot and i have set it with option shown below run whether user logged on or not Step Set up trigger Windows 7 Task Scheduler -Run whether user logged on or not (NOT WORKING) option to run exe on daily at PM Step Set up Action tab to select Billing exe with arguments Step I clicked on the ok button it asked me for the user name password to run the exe under condition of whether user logged on or not I did set it with appropriate credentials and hit with the ok When i logged of to see the execution of program it did not worked I checked with the below possible conditions to run the program I ran the program with setting Option- gt Run only when user logged on Output Result-Program worked I ran the Notepad exe program with setting Option- gt Run whether user logged on or not Output Result-Program failed I have checked for securities required to assign the Users and Groups on General- gt Change User Or Groups for this i have given full access to D Billing exe program using security Output Result-Program failed I have googled out for the possible solution but did not get appropriate one Why does task scheduler does not run the program when i set setting to quot Run whether user logged on or not quot Please advise me for the same with detailed solution

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7037f89f-2458-4c25-ba2e-dd566058648c/windows-7-task-scheduler-run-whether-user-logged-on-or-not-not-working?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello All,

New (l)user here. I'm just curious if there is a file somewhere I could check on Windows 2003 server to find out the last time a certain user logged in.

Also, anyone have links to tutorials on :

1. citrix
2. Windows Administration - too bad Windoze has no man pages. man Intro could have been very usefull...
3. AD

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance,
Peter

A:Does MS Windows Server 2k3 keep track of the last time a user logged in?

It took a few day s, but I answered my own question. Thought I'd let you know in case anyone else is interested.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/win2003/lastlogon.mspx

Enjoy,

BanditFlyer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-ms-windows-server-2k3-keep-track-of-the-last-time-a-user-logged-in.411161/
Relevancy 64.07%

OS Windows Pro x I get this message when I mstsc RDP to a in user Active No Windows ? - logged Current Session 7 remote machine several machines all experiencing the same issue quot There is an active user logged into this system Please do not try to log into this Windows 7 Current Active Session - No user logged in ? system quot How can I Windows 7 Current Active Session - No user logged in ? remove this message Clicking nbsp OK nbsp gets me to the remote desktop The quot User quot stated is actually me under another account named quot H quot but I do click nbsp Log Off nbsp when I log out not disconnect I have looked at the processes and services but nothing is running under quot H quot yet I still get that message every time I log in I nbsp open up task manager gt Users tab I only see myself not user H even though I still got the same message when I logged in Under Processes gt Show All processes from all users -- gt shows no H processes However same message appears when I logged in It's odd Any ideas Suggestions Please Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/280ccc6e-566c-4d5f-9189-99d73e486fd1/windows-7-current-active-session-no-user-logged-in-?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 63.64%

I just updated to Win10 and Edge and the Store are not working but I can get access to the web via internet explorer. How do I fix this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3e117318-dc60-46c7-8b06-063018b0d943/edge-not-working-but-ie11-is?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 63.64%

I have tried both browser ie11 or edge, IE 11 is a little different from windows 10 Edge/
I would like your opinion on which will give you less trouble and is faster

A:browser ie11 or edge which is better

Firefox or Chrome for me, only use IE for one old email account i check weekly!

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/browser-ie11-or-edge-which-is-better.4069474/
Relevancy 62.78%

We want to have a pdf file download on our website for IE PDF's seems download pdf with IE11/Edge problems to act differently on the various operating systems in the various browsers Also how it is made has an effect Microsoft vs Adobe DC on a Windows OS we are also trying W os amp MSWord to pdf Most IE11/Edge problems with pdf download of our users are in IE where how it is made makes no difference on a W machine It just puts up blank pages for a long time Any suggestions Microsoft doc W OS used to create a pdf loaded to a W server Windows - downloaded quickly in IE Chrome FirefoxWindows - downloaded quickly in IE Chrome FirefoxWindows - blank page loaded with no text for many minutes in Edge fast in Chrome and Firefox Note - this is with Acrobat DC Reader installed - the Word version worked before the update In Design to Adobe DC created pdf W OS nbsp loaded to a W server Windows - takes many minutes in IE seems to hang midway fast in Chrome fast in FirefoxWindows - downloaded quickly in IE Chrome FirefoxWindows - blank page loaded with no text for many minutes in Edge many minutes in Chrome fast in Firefox

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a983132a-7456-431b-96d0-14e53ff347a4/ie11edge-problems-with-pdf-download?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 62.78%

I am having problems on my laptop using things like Cortana across user accounts The wheel spins and spins when I click on Cortana I think the problem stems from the fact edge and IE cannot load outlook com or go into things like account settings It's only this causing the issue all other sites work apart from these critical MS sites I've tried changing via and unreachable IE11 edge Outlook.com DNS settings to alternates like google but nothing works to fix this Any advice would be greatly appreciated On my other desktop PC I have no issues All language settings and packs are correctly set as UK Am at a total loss I tried a restore point but that was Outlook.com unreachable via edge and IE11 no better I've had this issue crop up intermittently ever since getting the laptop Sometimes it works ok but after a while the issue will re-occur without rhyme or reason I notice under family setitngs 'Can't connect to family settings your user data may not be upto date' sometimes comes up too It's as if the laptop is having trouble connecting to MS server some of the time

A:Outlook.com unreachable via edge and IE11

The machine seems to be having real problems signing into MS. For example if I launch films and TV I see lower left 'Can't sign in'. I think there is something amiss logging into the MS account causing all the issues. Store is slow and unable to update apps, always an error message after ages of acquiring license. I don't really want to have to try and create a new user acc given everything I have setup/installed

Is there a way of signing out of the MS account and signing back in because something is seriously screwed up

Cheers
Wayne

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/45064-outlook-com-unreachable-via-edge-ie11.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I have disabled the tab preview for IE11 (through IE Options) so that I can minimize my IE from the taskbar icon even with multiple tabs open. So... can I enable tab previews by hovering over the tab, such as is the case in Edge? Thanks in advance.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/62101-ie11-tab-preview-similar-edge-possible.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi I've been passed on to this forum from the office support team as they consider the issue I'm having to be a fault with Internet Explorer For a while now Edge closes itself as soon as I try to open it event log says Faulting application name MicrosoftEdge exe version time stamp x fa b Faulting module name eModel dll version time stamp x fa c Exception code xc Fault offset x d Faulting process with IE11 other issues Edge and crashes id x Faulting application start time x d bc c d Faulting application path C Windows SystemApps Microsoft MicrosoftEdge wekyb d bbwe Edge crashes and other issues with IE11 MicrosoftEdge exe Faulting module path C Windows SystemApps Microsoft MicrosoftEdge wekyb d bbwe eModel dll Report Id bd ae- c - c b- f - f eef Faulting package full name Microsoft MicrosoftEdge neutral wekyb d bbwe Faulting package-relative application ID MicrosoftEdge My Initial problem I had with Office was that I didn't have the option to pin apps nbsp If I reset IE it works ok if I restart the PC it stops working again nbsp Pin apps works if I use inprivate browsing I have disabled all add-ons and that made no difference I have tried with a different user and all works ok for that user including edge If I delete my local profile it creates a new one for me when I log on and all is fine for a few days until Edge stops working again and all the faults come back Any ideas on how to fix this Thanks Jason

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/de0f9ab1-e56a-46f7-aef2-1cabccffec5b/edge-crashes-and-other-issues-with-ie11?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 62.78%

I had my IE11 startup page to be the Bing homepage. This causes IE to hang as Bing apparently is not computable with IE11. I had to change my startup page to something else to get IE11 to start.

A:Bing Causing IE11 to hang

Try switching to different page then switch back to Bing, it might work.
EDIT: Yes, it does, useless Bing.

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/34640-bing-causing-ie11-hang.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all,

I was trying to enable IE11x64 bit browser in windows 8.1x64 bit ent for domain users and i was unable to enable it.
below are the steps i followed to enable IE11x64 bit for domain users:
step 1:

step 2:
It will be 64bit, only when this feature is checked, otherwise IE will still use a 32bit process.
closed the borwser and opend the browser again but i checked in process.exe

Tabs are displayed in 32 bit.

can anybody help me with this issue.
i want 64 bit tabs to be opened instead of 32 bit

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/53107-how-enable-ie11-x64-browser-windows-8-1-domain-user.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have not found a way to enable the 'Run As a Different user' option with the Edge browser.  The only way I was able to launch the browser as a different user was to create a shortcut to Internet Explorer 11  (or download a third party browser).  Has anyone had an luck with running the Edge browser with the Run As Command?  FYI, I tried enabling it in Group Policy also, no luck.    

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585957/windows-edge-run-as-a-different-user/
Relevancy 62.35%

Folks,

Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature.

My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11.

How do I get the saved favorites/bookmarks to be imported into Edge? There is no browse function. Edge only allows an automatic import, and that seems to require a functioning IE11 install.

Thanks,
Ken

A:How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

Hello Ken,

Windows 10 still comes with Internet Explorer.

Internet Explorer - Open in Windows 10

If you like, the tutorial below can help show you how import favorites from IE to Edge.

Microsoft Edge - Import Favorites from Internet Explorer in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/35981-how-do-i-import-saved-ie11-favorites-into-edge.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Team, I am using  HP Pavilion x2 (OS- WIndows 10).  When I  use this as laptop, most of sites are working good. But when I use this as a tablet few sites are not working as expected. e.g tab functionality is not working in IE11 and edge. Using main menu I am unable to navigate to other pages. You can try https://hmri.org.au/ in IE11 & edge.  Microsoft Edge 25.10586.0.0Internet Explorer 11 I am not sure how to reslove this problem ? is this any problem with device ?  Thanks,Ashwini 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/IE11-amp-Edge-tab-functionality-issue-in-HP-Pavilion-x2/td-p/5631965
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all
we have set a EDGE und IE11 GPO for Entersprise Site but it don't work?
have anybody experience with edge and IE11?
XML ????
<rules version="4">
  <docMode>
    <domain docMode="edge">abc</domain>
    <domain docMode="11">xyz</domain>
 </docMode>
  <emie>
    <domain docMode="11">xyz</domain>
  </emie>
</rules>

must set both? IE11 and EDGE

Chris

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9f4f37d0-adb2-4fe3-9534-745cdd7e8ce8/edge-ie11-enterprise-site-grouppolicy?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 62.35%

I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the <username>/appdata/local...directory and the editing the Registry. Nothing works. Why should it be so difficult for MS to implement a reliable Favorites transfer? What is the point of using Edge, when IE 11 is more friendly?

Any thoughts/suggestions? I have been using Windows 10 for over a year and the problem persists.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53752-problems-importing-favorites-into-edge-ie11.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm new to windows 10, but am I missing something? I installed windows 10, did all my updates, then created a user account for me. My understanding is that it is better to run as a user than to always be logged in as admin day-to-day. But this is frustrating as programs aren't working and I find out that its because they needs admin rights. This morning I logged into my user account and tried to open Quicken for the first time. I get the error message and it appears the program isn't working. I logged in as admin and it works fine. This seems overboard to me. That I cant run quicken unless I'm the admin. There should be a set of trusted programs. Any suggestions? Other than running as admin all the time.

Thanks.

A:UAC for everything unless logged into as admin?

UAC will only prompt if the program requires elevated rights. It is up to the program, really. Are you using an older version of quicken? You say UAC for everything, but are you being literal or dramatic?

If it is UAC for everything, there is a problem we should work to fix. If it is just a single program, than it is that program's fault. UAC is to protect. Standard accounts are also there for security. If you want simplicity but less security, switch to the Admin account (NOT the normally disabled built-in Administrator account).

Another option would be to right-click the program, and select troubleshoot compatibility or run as administrator.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/29884-uac-everything-unless-logged-into-admin.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Microsoft has announced that (the embedded) Flash for IE11/ActiveX & Edge on Win10 was finally updated to 20.0.0.272

https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/2755801
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431

Remark:   Based on the change in wording in the above document... as well as "confirmed" on my Win8.1 tablet... there has NOT (yet?) been a corresponding update for Win8.x

A:Updates 1/5/16 - Flash for IE11/ActiveX & Edge on Win10

So to summarize the Flash confusion at present:
the current Flash plug-in version (non-IE browsers) is 20.0.0.267
The current IE/ActiveX version for Win 7 and earlier is 20.0.0.270
The temporary [?] version for IE10/11 on Windows 8.x is also 20.0.0.267 ; an update was expected, but has not been released as of this writing (6 January 2016, 12:40pm EST).
The current IE11/ActiveX and Edge version for Win 10 is [allegedly] 20.0.0.272

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19667302
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I am unable to access Sign in to your Microsoft account on my desktop computer running Windows on a home Ethernet network using Edge reach https://login.live.com IE11 cannot Edge and and IE I am connected Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com to the Internet through a Fritz Box DSL connection I originally tried to solve Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com this problem as a network issue - and it may still turn out to be one - but since I am able to log in to my live com account using Google Chrome on this computer and from Linux and OS X machines on the network I am now looking at the possibility that it is some setting shared by Edge and IE that is causing my problem A secondary effect of this problem is that I am unable to activate Office products because once I enter my account email address the activation process wants to take me to live com to confirm my subscription I have seen a number of posts on this and other sites about the quot Hmm quot messages and that's the message I am shown when I try to access login live com Since in all of the other posts the issue was a complete inability of Edge to access the sites this seems to me to be something different Thus I started a new thread rather than add to one of the others I will be grateful for any and all suggestions on how to fix this problem Cheers hussar

A:Edge and IE11 cannot reach https://login.live.com

Hi:

What antivirus and other security applications are you running?

MM

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61001-edge-ie11-cannot-reach-https-login-live-com.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everybody
My computer has just started this one in the last week or so. Not sure of the exact trigger or exactly when.

I can be logged on as any valid user on the system. When I try to switch user using the standard methods, after selecting a user account it says that there is already a user logged in and that I can only have one user logged in.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and have been running it successfully (and being able to switch users) for several years now.

Is there anybody that can point me in the right direction as to where to look for this one?
Many Thanks
LP

A:Switch User does not permit additional user to be logged in

Hi,

Take a look at this guide and see if Fast User Switching is enabled?
How To Enable/Disable Fast User Switching In Windows 7, Vista, XP

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344725-switch-user-does-not-permit-additional-user-logged.html
Relevancy 61.49%

The problem is after updating IE last Cumulative update we noticed that problem appear on these workstations with MS Infopath forms Situation is that it is not OS Dependent or Infofpath Office dependent as problem arises as on x as on form Infopath Cumulative IE11 last with hang update x workstations Form starts to work really slow switch between rows take - seconds if you load bigger lists and try to switch from one entry to another also it caches a lot of data MB into RAM and with each such load uses up to GB then it gives error and closes it nbsp On Workstation where there is no IE the problem doesn t exist and form with same lists use only - MB Infopath form hang with last IE11 Cumulative update and works normally nbsp second for switch between rows Maybe someone has similar same problem and know what causes it any change in some http request handling or Infopath form hang with last IE11 Cumulative update something else nbsp As a workaround for now we have to uninstall IE on the critical Workstations nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d33d0b69-0360-48c8-bc9a-1b37f2ec2b91/infopath-form-hang-with-last-ie11-cumulative-update?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 61.06%

I got a computer from school and i can access it by just typing in user and no password but i cant delete the other kids that use the accounts folders under users it says "access denied" now how can i reset the admin acc to delete that user account folders??? Thanx would love the help on this one

A:HOW can i get the password of the admin acc if i am logged in??

Is this system school property?
- If so, you need to contact the system administrators to make any changes. We can not assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226472-how-can-i-get-password-admin-acc-if-i-am-logged.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Microsoft’s Security Staff on Monday announced that they have made the decision of keeping Adobe Flash Player as default in both the Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge browsers in Windows 10... until a good replacement is found.
http://news.thewindowsclub.com/adobe-flash-player-microsoft-browsers-86550/

A:Adobe Flash to remain as default in IE11 & Edge in Win10

How much did Adobe have to pay MS for that..?? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/virus-spyware/f/3522/t/19993952
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 60.63%

First noticed this when trying to delete a folder the other day and have yet to find an answer - tells me that I quot require permission from S- - - - - - - to make to permissions, as Guest? be No Admin in logged appear changed to this folder quot Since then I've also run into issues installing programs where I lack the permissions to do so - I'm the original installer of Win and only person that uses my computer - have it set to automatically log in and go to my desktop on start up - I log out and my account is the only one in the user list - Tried someone's recommendation going into CMD Prompt and entering quot net user administrator active yes quot to show No Admin permissions, appear to be logged in as Guest? the Admin profile in the login screen but I get a quot System error quot returned to me no change in login screen - Cannot change security permissions for the profile itself - tells me I need to be an Admin to change those permissions - quot S- - - - - - - quot appears in the users list when I try changing the permissions to folders files and drives - Cannot change the level of security in my UAC or turn it off because once again I don't have permission to - User Accounts windows says quot Guest Account quot under my profile name Help anyone Big thanks in advance

A:No Admin permissions, appear to be logged in as Guest?

Quote: Originally Posted by SilentNoise

First noticed this when trying to delete a folder the other day and have yet to find an answer - tells me that I "require permission from S-1-5-21-515967899-96394560-1801674531-1003 to make changed to this folder". Since then I've also run into issues installing programs where I lack the permissions to do so.

- I'm the original installer of Win7 and only person that uses my computer - have it set to automatically log in and go to my desktop on start up.
- I log out and my account is the only one in the user list.
- Tried someone's recommendation going into CMD Prompt and entering "net user administrator /active:yes" to show the Admin profile in the login screen, but I get a "System 5 error" returned to me (no change in login screen)
- Cannot change security permissions for the profile itself - tells me I need to be an Admin to change those permissions.
- "S-1-5-21-515967899-96394560-1801674531-1003" appears in the users list when I try changing the permissions to folders, files and drives.
- Cannot change the level of security in my UAC or turn it off because once again, I don't have permission to.

Help... anyone? Big thanks in advance.

Hi and welcome

It seems like who ever set up that system (you didnt buy it new I assume) locked the permissions down for whatever reason. If the SU admin cant change the perms it might either be owned by trusted installer (sys proc) or the former owner locked even teh SU out.

Best way to get rid of it is (yep you guessed it) do a clean install with the win 7 dvd if you have it.

If you do have the win 7 dvd you can also try a repair install. Both these assume that you dont have a backup to restore from
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/45222-no-admin-permissions-appear-logged-guest.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all -

I am getting a message when trying to do anything like Delete a file on the desktop to install or uninstall applications. the message is : You are logged on with a non-Administrative privileges. However the account is setup to be a local admin and I was able to confirm that in Computer management. I have heard of a Registry key that could fix this but I don't remember what the key was anyone know?

A:unable to delete when logged in as admin.

Originally Posted by RiceEatingZR1

Hello all -

I am getting a message when trying to do anything like Delete a file on the desktop to install or uninstall applications. the message is : You are logged on with a non-Administrative privileges. However the account is setup to be a local admin and I was able to confirm that in Computer management. I have heard of a Registry key that could fix this but I don't remember what the key was anyone know?

Hello,
Try this link, log on to that account, and you should be able to do want you said. Please read the tutorial carefully.

Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/147898-unable-delete-when-logged-admin.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Well, I have this problem. I have 64-bit PC with OS Win 7, and I'm logged as admin. But, when I try to install something or do something else, there is a message saying that: I cannot do that because I'm not an admin on this PC.Is there anything I must adjust in my PC? If someone has any kind of explanation for this problem, I would be really happy.

A:I cannot run the PC as admin, even I'm logged as admin!!!

Hello Sandra, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It sounds like you may need to right click on the installation file (or whatever else) and click on Run as administrator for it to be able run properly.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232433-i-cannot-run-pc-admin-even-im-logged-admin.html
Relevancy 59.77%

If I login as Admin I get no icons or start button If I incons, as or logged No anything Admin button start in login as a non admin user I get icons but can't do nothing I have run virus scan and it did not find viruses using nortons I No incons, start button or anything logged in as Admin have run hijackthis and here are the results of that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis Scanner exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hometab bellsouth net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run PRPCMonitor PRPCUI exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe O - HKLM Run CID LNCH C WINNT system CID LNCH EXE O - HKLM Run ssdiag C WINNT ssdiag exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IEXPLORE exe O - HKLM RunServices IEXPLORE exe O - HKLM RunOnce AOLRebootNeeded regsvr exe s O - HKLM RunOnce SpybotSnD quot C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe quot autocheck O - HKCU Run IEXPLORE exe O - HKCU Run Windows Secure Services ssms exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS DEFAULT Run Windows Services Layer sslms exe User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce SetupICWDesktop C Program Files Internet Explorer Connection Wizard icwconn exe desktop User 'Default user' O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Global Startup Cisco Systems VPN Client lnk C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client vpngui exe O - Global Startup ImageReceiver lnk C Program Files IP Scanner Receiver MGS exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Search - p zuzed MGUS ZZzer O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c winnt system nwprovau dll O - Plugin for mov C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for pic C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - Plugin for png C Program Files Internet Explorer PLUGINS npqtplugin dll O - DPF FE - - D- E -EAB DB mpsPwLc PMWebSiteLogin - http prolog-web rhinonet com pw mpsPwLc CAB O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - DPF E -DD A- EB- ED -B FB F A FileMgt FileMgtCtrl - http prolog-web rhinonet com pw FileMgt CAB O - DPF DE - E - ED-B -CFFA AEB Ax... Read more

A:No incons, start button or anything logged in as Admin

Please download the OTMoveIt by OldTimer

Save it to your desktop.
=====================

Go to Start > Run and type

cmd

and OK. Type the below commands and hit "Enter" after each line

sc stop MicerDns
sc delete MicerDns

Type Exit to close.

==================

Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it

Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\WINNT\system32\interdns.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\SSMS.EXE

Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.

Click the red Moveit! button.

Close OTMoveIt

If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
================================

Please download Combofix from HERE

Save ComboFix to the desktop.

1. Double click on combo.exe & follow the prompts.
2. When finished, it will produce a logfile located at C:\ComboFix.txt.
3. Post the contents of that log in your next reply with a new hijackthis log.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it is running. That may cause your system to stall/hang.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/no-incons-start-button-or-anything-logged-in-as-admin-185599.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys Windows XP HE Sp For the past week I have been getting the following error message quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or access Admin any as .exe no logged sound, Cannot on plus files, file You may not have the appropropriate permissions to access the file quot when trying to run most exe files not certain if it s all exe files or only the ones I have been Cannot access any .exe files, plus no sound, logged on as Admin trying I can run these files in safe mode so I have tried disabling my spyware programmes and even today I have uninstalled my Antivirus I m using a different pc to use the internet right now as the antivirus Avira free was the only program I had left running In normal mode I couldn t uninstall Avira as Cannot access any .exe files, plus no sound, logged on as Admin it wouldn t give me the uninstall option on the programs list and in Add Remove it stated that Avira was not on my computer and I had just updated it at the time but it allowed me to uninstall in safe mode I have tried System restore but guess Cannot access any .exe files, plus no sound, logged on as Admin what it won t allow me to do that either For each point I have created it says it didn t succeed and to choose another restore point but it says this with each and every one Also there has been no sound on the computer since the same time I think or at least didn t notice the problem until I went to see what was up with the sound so the sound problem could have happened slightly before or after In the device manager C-Media AC has that yellow exclaimation mark beside it I ve tried reinstalling etc etc nothing has worked It says there is a problem with this device code but all the fixes out there that I have tried haven t worked Can anyone help me please Lu PS forgot to mention I think all this may have begun happening after Worm Koobface was detected and removed by Malywarebytes

A:Cannot access any .exe files, plus no sound, logged on as Admin

*Bump*?? Anyone got any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271381/cannot-access-any-exe-files-plus-no-sound-logged-on-as-admin/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello guys, I'm configuring a PC for my grand father's office and I have to make a task that displays a message when there was an unsuccessful login attempt from any of the users. I'm using an audit logon event id for a logon failure but the problem is, if the event happens when the admin account is logged off, the admin won't get the message. So is there a way to display the message once the admin account has logged in?
Thanks!

A:Display a message when the admin account is logged off?

Maybe it can be possible to write to a txt file with a batch and open the txt file automatically on login?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376361-display-message-when-admin-account-logged-off.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have Vista Home Premium. Earlier today, I set up a password for my admin account, but forgot to write it on my secure pwd list. I am still logged in but I don't dare shut down or restart because I won't be able to log back in.

I went in to change/remove the password because I thought it might give me my security question that I chose when I set up the password. But if you are already logged in, it doesn't do that. You have to remember what your password is.

There was only one account on my laptop, and it was my admin account. I added another admin account, just in case. But I really want the password to my account. Is there any way to get that while still logged in?

Yes, I am an idiot.

Thanks in advance.

A:Forgot admin pwd (VHP)-still logged in, can't restart until fixed

Well just log onto the "admin" account and reset your password?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/211761-forgot-admin-pwd-vhp-still-logged-cant-restart-until-fixed.html
Relevancy 59.77%

K I am logged in as system admin.Now how or where do I go to configure auto updates.As now it says this has been disabled. How to reinable it?

A:logged in as comp admin:How to reinstate privies

Control Panel> open the Security Center. there is a "Manage Security for...." click on Automatic Updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-comp-admin-how-to-reinstate-privies.648359/
Relevancy 59.77%

I logged out the server admin accounts on Friday on my way home. The other admin got mad he lost two days of logging data. I told him I do not leave admin logged in ever. He had root on the unix boxes logged in, and admin on 8 servers logged in. He runs syslogd and say it must be logged in as admin or it doesn't work. How or can I use this tool as a service? I am not fond of admin and root being logged in.

A:Solved: SysLogD with out admin account logged in?

Syslogd from kiwi which we use can be used as a service, but you must buy the license. Cost is cheap so problem solved. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-syslogd-with-out-admin-account-logged-in.345002/
Relevancy 59.77%

hi
suppose i am logged into someone else's computer and i want to know the pass for it and i am not gonna ask the person so dont give me that answer, how can i know the pass or see the pass in text form straight from the windows interface ?

is there a way ? where should i look for it? plz can anyone help

A:How to find ADMIN password if u are already logged in to win7

Ask the person for the password if they dont give it to you you are out of luck, we will not help with requests like that here.

Thread closed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321435-how-find-admin-password-if-u-already-logged-win7.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My screen hanged and turned black some desktop icons reappear when I move the mouse around http i imgur com tZWSakr jpg I pressed the restart button to restart loading slow and waited at the 'welcome' and 'preparing your desktop' for a few mins and finally reached inside windows and to Profile Cannot Screen cannot login be Hang loaded User Windows, desktop black screen and showed error popup http i imgur com vtS BoE jpg http i imgur com ItQuHNc jpg http i imgur Cannot login to Windows, User Profile cannot be loaded and Screen Hang com o TTU R jpg I pressed the restart button to restart again and this time it cannot login it showed me a quot The User Profile Service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded Cannot login to Windows, User Profile cannot be loaded and Screen Hang quot error message http i imgur com qzQwOpc jpg pressed restart button few more times and same thing happened Unplugged harddisk wire connector and replugin to ensure firm connection restart again and same problem happens Restart PC and pressed F when PC starting up to go to advanced boot options tried quot repair your computer quot and tried again quot last known good configuration advanced quot http i imgur com K mggc jpg tried all the options in quot repair your computer quot http i imgur com cfyFuI jpg but did not solve the quot The User Profile Service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded quot problem Tried Method in this article You receive a quot The User Profile Service failed the logon error message but it did not fix the problem so now I am unable to login and stuck with the error quot The User Profile Service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded quot I can only login to safe mode Sometimes it is slow and hangs in safe mode too Please help Thanks Sometimes I do experience BSOD http i imgur com X yenDU jpg and distorted colors http i imgur com LJoHPD jpg Some misc errors yesterday today screenshots http i imgur com gBaHsNg jpg http i imgur com ippaHof jpg http i imgur com Te Pn jpg http i imgur com XSV B jpg

A:Cannot login to Windows, User Profile cannot be loaded and Screen Hang

Hello Pcwin,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue, so let's work together to solve it.

Please can you run System File Checker - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Please can you run Disk Check - Disk Check

When you are in Safe Mode, please download the following programs off the Internet and run a scan with them:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
AdwCleaner Download
TDSSKiller Download

Malwarebytes will produce a scan log, upload it here for further investigating.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338087-cannot-login-windows-user-profile-cannot-loaded-screen-hang.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have fresh installation of Windows bit on my new Dell non-admin logged 3DMark Vantage by in as when caused BSOD Inspiron N laptop cam without OS I have i QM processor and hence Intel HD Graphics and BSOD caused by 3DMark Vantage when logged in as non-admin also nVidia GeForce M The problem is that DMark Vantage and DMark both latest versions crashes with BSOD if they are ran when logged in as a non-administrator user even if I run them as an administrator They crash when benchmarking loading screen start starts If I log in as an administrator user then they are working fine Can anybody help understand what is causing this Minidump analysis ant the end of the post suggests that it's a driver fault as far as I understand System details new Dell Inspiron N laptop came with no OS retail Windows SP x freshly installed CPU - Intel i QM Video Card - Intel HD Graphics nVidia GeForce M MotherBoard - based on Intel HM chipset I have tried the following drivers DMark approved drivers marked with nVidia latest current on laptop HD Graphics latest current on laptop I made BSOD report as described here I made one when I was logged as an admin just in case some startup software affects and one when logged as a regular user Both are attached to this post Just in case here's full memory dump Below is minidump analysis report using WinDbg Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa b f b fffffa b f fffff db Probably caused by csrss BSOD caused by 3DMark Vantage when logged in as non-admin exe Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg fffffa b f b Terminating object Arg fffffa b f Process image file name Arg fffff db Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ PROCESS OBJECT fffffa b f b IMAGE NAME csrss exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MODULE NAME csrss FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xF CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner FAILURE BUCKET ID X xF IMAGE csrss exe BUCKET ID X xF IMAGE csrss exe Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD caused by 3DMark Vantage when logged in as non-admin

This is odd behavior. Perhaps there are drivers, services or apps that may be starting up in an administrative session but not in a non-admin session, which are causing conflicts. How many administrative accounts and non-admin accounts did you test this with? Try multiple accounts of each type to see if the behavior is specific to one account and not just an account type.

You may wanna start up Driver Verifier and then attempt to run with it active. Remember to restart PC after save settings to activate Driver Verifier checks. Any resulting crashes should assist in showing up the culprit.

I'll be perusing through this full dump and see what I can get out of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-caused-by-3dmark-vantage-when-logged-in-as-non-admin-581327.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We have a terminal emulation program called E-term 32 that only works properly if the user is a member of the administrator's group, which is something we don't want obviously. The message we get is this..

Warning: The file default.cnf is not a writable file. Information will not be saved to this file.

Then we get the exact same message four more times except "default.cnf" is replaced with default.dsk, toolbar.ini, mouse.ini, keymap.ini.

Than after that we get...

Failed to update the system registry. Please try using Regedit.

I was thinking you could us the "run as" feature so that it would automatically run as the admin everytime, but it appears the run as feature is used as a one time thing and you can't set it up permanently.

Any ideas how we can get this program to run without the user being part of admin group?

A:Program only works if logged in as part of admin group

we have a similar program and we can't find a way around it. Maybe you could edit the security on each file it complains about, naming domain users as having FULL control over the file?

alternately, maybe power user status would be sufficient?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/program-only-works-if-logged-in-as-part-of-admin-group-105279.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Even though I'm logged in as adminon my PC (Windows 2000), I can't change anything andhave no access to the controll panel. I need to change the date and time on my PC, it's stuck on December 2002. I also can't change or delete any wallpaper, no access.
I've had this problem for a while, postet it here and didn't get help, haven't been able to solve it, yesterday my PC finally blue screened with a STOP error. I booted from CD and re-installed Windows 2000, so I could at least gain access, but I need help with these issues, please!

A:logged in as admin on my PC, no right to change wallpaper or date and time

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logged-in-as-admin-on-my-pc-no-right-to-change-wallpaper-or-date-and-time.760334/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello;
Just installed XP and "Auto Complete" doesn't work as long as I'm logged-in as Administrator. As soon as I switch to "Guest" user, it's works fine. I've heard of this issue before and I've seen it appear on a number of search engines- just no appropriate fixes for it! Anyone have any ideas? I think the problem lies somewhere in registry, but I don't know location nor speocific steps to take-
many thanks in advace-

Relevancy 59.34%

Running Server 2008 R2, have a system vulnerability scanner that flags on rpc.portmap service, so I would like to disable it.

Problem is the RPC Endpoint Mapper and the Remote Procedure Call service are both greyed out so I can't disable them. I don't know why, most of the other services are not greyed out and I can stop/start/disable them to my hearts content.

I am logged in as a full administrator. Any reason why I wouldn't have rights to just a few services?

Much appreciate any help!

Ryan

A:I need to disable greyed out service, logged in as admin. rpc.portmap

If you disable RPC you will have network problems at a minimum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312234-i-need-disable-greyed-out-service-logged-admin-rpc-portmap.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I believe AT&T installed new servers the other day; my computer settings were all screwed up but I've managed to correct all but one: when I open websites, the page is not maximized... I have tried several suggestions [as found searching on IE] but nothing seems to work..... I either have to stretch out or maximize from the upper-right icon.

Any solutions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A:IE11 pages not maximized

Hello Cajun, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You should be able to press the F11 key to toggle full screen for Internet Explorer.

Full Screen F11 - Enable or Disable Auto-Hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/379905-ie11-pages-not-maximized.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I can't run any application as admin.
I have read on some sites that after pressing right click and select Run as admin Y should be prompted with a selection to run as admin, but instead in ALL my apps I just get a dialog with no selection available:
It says to continue enter an admin username and password but there's no field for input.

A:Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10

Just curious; does the account you are using have admin permissions?

Account Type - Determine in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59051-cant-run-anything-admin-user-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi user Windows Admin 8.1 This is my first post as I am a new member but hope someone can help For some reason over the past week the system has installed an Administrator on our PC and we cannot get any password to unlock it Neither Windows 8.1 Admin user of us have set a password We have tried just about everything we can - disable delete account through computer management changing the password using the command prompt but nothing works or we just get access denied We do not have a USB or anything to allow changes as the system is asking for We also do not have the original disc for the as we upgraded online a while ago And when I tried Microsoft help they wanted around to send a new back up disc Because of the restrictions we cannot download any programs etc to assist with deletion changes so any advice suggestions would need to NOT have to download anything or install anything Many thanks in advance Yvette

A:Windows 8.1 Admin user

Do the following and see if the new administrator disappears.

In the Search program and files box type cmd , when this appears in the pane above the Search box right click on it, then click on Run as administrator.

When the elevaded command prompt opens type in or copy and paste the following command and then press Enter.   net user administrator /active:no 

This will hide the default Administrator account as it normally should be.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542376/windows-81-admin-user/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi install IE11 account Admin corrupted after I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the Admin account corrupted after install IE11 following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's a clean desktop of a temp account with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 58.05%

My screen hanged and turned black some desktop icons reappear when to login BSOD error Profile Windows, to Unable and Hang User Screen I move the Unable to login to Windows, User Profile error and Screen Hang BSOD mouse around http i imgur com tZWSakr jpg I pressed the restart button to restart loading slow and waited at the welcome and preparing your desktop for a few mins and finally reached inside windows desktop black screen and showed error popup http i imgur com vtS BoE jpg http i imgur com ItQuHNc jpg http i imgur com o TTU R jpg Unplugged harddisk wire connector and replugin to ensure firm connection I pressed the restart button to restart again and this time it cannot login it showed me a quot The User Profile Service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded quot error message http i imgur com qzQwOpc jpg pressed restart button few more times and same thing happened Restart PC and pressed F when PC starting up to go to advanced boot options tried quot repair your computer quot and tried again quot last known good configuration advanced quot http i imgur com K mggc jpg tried all the options in quot repair your computer quot http i imgur com cfyFuI jpg but did not solve the quot The User Profile Service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded quot problem Tried Method in this article http support microsoft com kb but it did not fix the problem so now I am unable to login and stuck with the error quot The User Profile Service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded quot I can only login to safe mode Please help Thanks Sometimes I do experience BSOD http i imgur com X yenDU jpg and distorted colors http i imgur com LJoHPD jpg Some misc errors yesterday today screenshots http i imgur com gBaHsNg jpg http i imgur com ippaHof jpg http i imgur com Te Pn jpg http i imgur com XSV B jpg nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I was wondering how I could enable it so on my logon screen the last user logged on shows and for example my brother would have to press other user and type in his username and password
Many thanks,
Ethan

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75091-how-enable-last-user-logged-other-user.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Ran into an odd issue last night that I cannot fully understand. I will keep it short, but the basic jist is: I was trying to rename a local profile to [username].old so when they logged back into the domain, it rebuilt from scratch. However, even logged in as local admin to the PC, I kept getting access denied. At one point, I was getting a NTUSER error when trying to rename.

Was trying to rename through backdoor [\\[pcname]\c$, then going to doc&settings] as well as simply going to the C drive locally, no dice.

Tried rebooting twice, still no dice. This PC is in, what my job considers, a high security sec group, so maybe the GPOs being applied to the PC as it connects to the domain is tying up the local profiles?

A:[SOLVED] access denied to rename local profile, logged as admin

nm, just asked a coworker. says a reboot will usually kill anything tying up the profiles, if not, he uses a tool called LockHunter to find out what is accessing the profile and kills it from there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-access-denied-to-rename-local-profile-logged-as-admin-628994.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop the attached alerts? I got this one, just for renaming the C drive label, if I click Continue it works fine, but if I am logged in as an Admin user, that should be enough for me, so can we get rid of this alert?

I don't want to use the built in Administrator user, so I think I need to "elevate" my admin user account, but can't see how to do this for Windows 10 Pro.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

A:Elevate Windows 10 Pro Admin User

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance and set the UAC, (user Account Control), to the second from the top, which will slightly reduce your security settings but will remove the most annoying of the prompts.

You can of course set this to any of the available settings but anything lower than the second highest will reduce the in-built security to a level that can cause issues

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47010-elevate-windows-10-pro-admin-user.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,

I have Windows XP Professional in two of my employees PCs

Recently, I have observed they have started adding new software carelessly to the PC and are delaying work on the other hand

I would like to put an end to this menace

Can you please tell me how to:

1. Restrict software from being installed on the PCs

2. Restrict the websites that they log on to

3. Get a log of activities they have been doing daily

Maybe this is harsh however, I have to keep some control over them as all my accounts are managed on the PCs

Please help me

Thanks in advance

A:User Account Admin in Windows XP - PLEASE HELP

Some antivirus have "parental controls" on them, and that might be the best way to take control of misuse...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-admin-in-windows-xp-please-help.1051794/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's corrupted [solved] install Admin after IE11 account a clean desktop of a temp account [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/solved-admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.62%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word All Office features MS user with but work not admin Admin with Pro or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user one All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself I can't access the help files When I log in as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm having some issues with my upgrade to win system me Programs asking passwords and for admin user admin Programs that need elevated access are now asking me for both the Sys Admin and my local admin password Of course the sys admin has no password and my local admin does So no matter what I do I get it wrong Earlier today I was trying to reset the tiles in my start menu to default I followed directions I found on the web activated the sys admin account went to the sys admin account the users app data tabletray But I kept getting the error that something quot was already in use quot and I couldn't copy all the files I went ahead Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords and pasted what I had in my local admin and standard user account then I disabled the sys admin account Now some programs icons I installed earlier today have disappeared I have to go to an admin account to gain access and turn them on MSI afterburner And any program that needs Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords admin access I'm not sure if I'm giving it access or it's just starting without admin access Seems like the next time I re-boot or log off I have to do it all over again when a program asks for elevated access it shows sys admin account AND local admin account above the password box Is that normal I could have sworn it only had my local admin account listed before If I have to re-install where do I Programs asking me for system admin and user admin passwords get the free win upgrade again are those files saved on my pc

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/58127-programs-asking-me-system-admin-user-admin-passwords.html
Relevancy 57.62%

For a long time I've had much difficulty understanding the exact difference between the computer administrator and a user whose type is administrator On my system there are two administrators - one known as quot Administrator quot and another with my name Gary or Gary and Susan Each administrator has their own profile I used Windows Professional The distinction doesn't matter to system operation in general With MS Office Professional however it does When I start MS Word or MS Excel as myself for example it won't let me access the help files When I try to a message states quot There is a problem with one Pro work not MS user features All but admin with Admin Office with or more installed help files Please repair your office installation and try again quot I ran the repair program successfully but as myself All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user I can't access the help files When I log in All MS Office Pro features work with Admin but not with admin user as user quot administrator quot I can but the access is limited I can also access all features of the program in safe mode Yet when I log in as myself I can only access the help files if I run the program as an administrator This perplexes me because my user type is administrator This problem has occurred with other programs from time to time Would someone please help me understand this and is there a workaround I can set the privilege level to administrator which will permit me unrestricted access to the help files but then a dialog box appears every time I start the program which I'd prefer to not see

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/389269-all-ms-office-pro-features-work-admin-but-not-admin-user.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Deal all,

i need urgent help. i shut down my Pc normally at my work and when i started today morning and put my user name and login , a windows apears with the following message.

WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE USER'S PROFILE BUT HAS LOGGED ON WITH THE DEFAULT PROFILE FOR THE SYSTEM DETAIL- THE SYSTEN CANNOT FINE THE PATH SPECIFIED

please tell me how can i get my profile back to work normally as before.

thanks

A:Windows Cannot Load The User's Profile But Has Logged On With The Default Profile

Have you read this KB article?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-but-has-logged-on-with-the-default-profile.690818/
Relevancy 57.19%

Deal all,

i need urgent help. i shut down my Pc normally at my work and when i started today morning and put my user name and login , a windows apears with the following message.

WINDOWS CANNOT LOAD THE USER'S PROFILE BUT HAS LOGGED ON WITH THE DEFAULT PROFILE FOR THE SYSTEM DETAIL- THE SYSTEN CANNOT FINE THE PATH SPECIFIED.

remember that i am having windows XP

please tell me how can i get my profile back to work normally as before.

thanks

A:Windows Cannot Load The User's Profile But Has Logged On With The Default Profile

Corruption of the user profile can be a pain to sort out, especially if it’s the index file that’s failed. SOMETIMES, however, simply logging off, leaving the computer at the ‘Press Ctrl+Alt+Del’ screen for about 30 seconds or so, then logging in as usual, can solve this without any further intervention, so I’d suggest giving that a go first.

Further suggestions are a bit more involved.

Log in as another user with administrative rights (such as Administrator) and then open the My Computer icon and navigate to the local hard disk and into the Documents and Settings folder. Look there for the folder which has the same name as the user who’s profile cannot be loaded and go into it. You may have to unhide hidden files and folders (from the Tools menu, select Folder Options and then the View tab, then, in the Advanced Settings box, under Hidden Files and Folders select ‘Show hidden files and folders’) and then locate the file NTUSER.DAT and rename it NTUSER.OLD, then log out, and back in as the failed user. This should replace the corrupted file and allow you to log back in.

If that fails for any reason, again, log in as another user with administrative rights (such as Administrator) and then open the My Computer icon and navigate to the local hard disk and into the Documents and Settings folder. Look there for the folder which has the same name as the user who’s profile cannot be loaded and rename the folder; usually here, I’d add .OLD to the end of the existing folder name, so if your user name is JOHNSMITH, change the folder name to JOHNSMITH.OLD. Then, log out and back in as the failed user. This will create a new profile for the user from scratch. Once successfully logged in, log out and back in as the Administrator user (or the user with admin rights that you logged in as before) and repeat the above steps, this time renaming the user’s folder .NEW, and then taking the .OLD off the folder you created last time, then log back in as the failed user again.

If that fails, then the quickest way to get back up and running is to take a new profile, and rebuild it manually back to how it used to be before it corrupted, so log back in as the user with local admin rights, rename the failed user’s existing folder .OLD, and remove the .NEW suffix from the other folder, then log back in as the failed user and move any local files from the <username>.OLD folder, into the new profile. Local files would include any shortcuts or folders from Desktop, as well as the ‘My Documents’ folder.

Hopefully, there should be something there that allows you to log back in successfully.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-cannot-load-the-users-profile-but-has-logged-on-with-the-default-profile-227832.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hope someone can help with this problem in IE When I go pages on IE11 - some Blurred Images sites on to some sites there are a number of blurred images E G This Link All Is Well until I click on the main story - then every image in that story is blurred UNLESS it is a still from a Video The sidebar images and the images at the bottom from Sky and the spam promoted stories are not affected This is IE11 - Blurred Images on pages on some sites on every story on the SKY News site and some others Any Story on this page if I click on it it is the same I have changed everything back to its defaults in IE and stopped any addons emptied caches etc but nothing helps It does not happen in Edge or Chrome As to when this started - I am fairly certain that it was the updates before the Anniversary update IE11 - Blurred Images on pages on some sites It was happening on some other sites but I cannot find them just now I visited them as a result of searches etc Any help appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/59299-ie11-blurred-images-pages-some-sites.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I use a travel site called SECRET ESCAPES www secretescapes com My wife and I both pages Chrome IE11 and incorrectly loading have our own PCs running Windows with IE and Chrome Both systems fully up-to-date No problem using her system but when I load Secret Escapes onto my system the pages don t IE11 and Chrome pages loading incorrectly load properly and various links don t work Chrome and IE both have the same problem I have tried clearing Cookies and the cache etc but it makes no difference No other site seems to have this problem We both use the same AV FS Protection but I have tried disabling it anyway and no difference No malware is present Any ideas what else might cause this problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC B M-E Antivirus Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie11-and-chrome-pages-loading-incorrectly.1151985/
Relevancy 57.19%

so this is it,, i never established a user before 10 minutes ago my login was always administrator,, and due to spy ware and stuff that just started to bug me i decided to create a new log in,,
now when i created this new user my admin user does not exist anymore?? but all the mal ware from my old log in came to this new one,... anyways, the malware is not the prob,,
the prob is that i lost of of my tweaked user settings, i lost my beatifull desktop and i want it back!!! does anyone know how to get back my Admin user????

Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so i have this problem. I had a problem with my admin account last night. When i tried to login it said that that the user profile could not be loaded. So i logged into the built in admin account and deleted that profile and created a new admin account. Now when i login to my new account, in c:/users, the old profile folder is still there. And i cannot delete it even through the default admin profile. It says that i need an admin account to delete it. All the files and evrything are still in that folder. How should i delete it completely??

A:How to delete windows admin user folder??

Hello Babyshoe, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Once you enable the built-in Administrator account, you do not want to try and delete it's "C:\Users\Administrator" user profile folder. Doing so could cause you unwanted issues.

If you do not want to continue using the built-in Administrator account (good idea), then you could just disable it instead.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150602-how-delete-windows-admin-user-folder.html
Relevancy 57.19%

hi all
we have Laptop's with windows 7 professional 64bit in domain. admin rights are restricted to the domain users. But many users most of the time use to travel out of station and need to change the IP that time. I tried adding domain user ID's in "network configuration operator" group but still not able to change IP from domain user without giving admin right. can any body tell me any other processes to change IP from domain user not having admin rights in windows 7 ?

A:how to change IP address from a non admin user ID in windows 7 pro 64?

Hello,

Can't you just set the PC to boot of DHCP? I'm presuming you have a DHCP Server? If its installed on a Windows Server then you can reserve the address so that you dont have to mess with printer configuration again etc.

I believe the Power Users group may also have the right to change the IP address. The network configuration operator group should work though (as you said).
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221734-how-change-ip-address-non-admin-user-id-windows-7-pro-64-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

NOTE nbsp Links open in a new tab In the TechNet article here I see reference to a schema v for the EMIE tool It will apparently spit out the xml using the new version of the schema But the download link only goes to downloads for Win schema v and I cannot find any reference to where I can obtain the Windows version For download? for list Windows Enterprise List doesn't Manager sites redirect Edge from Schema Site site v2 Why Tool Mode to schema 10 IE11? v1 Or, example this article nbsp specifically references a Windows version where this one nbsp references Windows and nbsp Finding the Windows Enterprise Mode Site List Manager Tool for Windows 10 Schema v2 download? Or, Why doesn't v1 schema site list redirect sites from Edge to IE11? version has proven impossible so far We have several sites which need to be opened in IE instead of Edge and using our old Enterprise Mode site list is not working on our Windows clients Current site list example lt rules version quot quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt emie gt nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp lt domain exclude quot false quot gt www contoso com lt domain gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt emie gt lt rules gt Etc Reading about the v schema leads me to think that the output from the tool Enterprise Mode Site List Manager Tool for Windows 10 Schema v2 download? Or, Why doesn't v1 schema site list redirect sites from Edge to IE11? is incorrect nbsp The documentation suggests that the output for Windows should be lt site-list version quot quot gt nbsp lt site url quot www contoso com quot gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt compat-mode gt IE Enterprise lt compat-mode gt nbsp nbsp nbsp lt open-in gt IE lt open-in gt nbsp lt site gt lt site-list gt Or am I missing something Enterprise Mode Site List Manager Tool for Windows 10 Schema v2 download? Or, Why doesn't v1 schema site list redirect sites from Edge to IE11? here

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0cb82fa4-d3a7-4577-a602-8cfaa89f31c8/enterprise-mode-site-list-manager-tool-for-windows-10-schema-v2-download-or-why-doesnt-v1-schema?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 56.76%

I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win Home and New logged log-on at off user with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user not with a Microsoft account When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says quot Signing out quot and that's it Nothing I've been Googling and have found no cure so here goes - full detail - The Vaio SVP originally Win was put through a full factory reset then upgraded with Win updates then upgraded to updated then upgraded to Win There's very little software installed apart from AV - New non-admin user created non-Microsoft then logged on with that user Was immediately logged off New user logged off at log-on When I logged on with my admin account and looked at the Event viewer there were the following errors - The winlogon notification subscriber lt SessionEnv gt was unavailable to handle a critical notification event - Windows Search Service has created default configuration for new user 'VAIO NewUser' - The description for Event ID from source igfxCUIService cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer - The description for Event ID from source SynTPEnhService cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer - Profile notification of event Create for component c c - ae- - - d c failed error code is Not implemented - User Profile Service - Windows cannot load classes registry file DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified - Winlogon - The Windows logon process has failed to spawn a user application Application name Command line parameters C Windows system userinit exe - User Profile Service - Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services The file will be unloaded now The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards No user action is required So I deleted the user then tried creating the user as an admin At first logon which took - mins of setup i finally arrived at the desktop Great But then trouble Start button doesn't work right-click desktop and choose personalize and getting an error message ms-settings display This file does not have a program associated with it Based on advice elsewhere I can include - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Userinit C Windows system userinit exe - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon Shell explorer exe - I've also tried creating the new user with the quot net user add quot command but same outcome Any thoughts advice help Thanks Mark

A:New user logged off at log-on

Just noticed that this has gone unanswered for 6 days. Are you still looking for a solution?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/31750-new-user-logged-off-log.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Tonight my pc started giving a new problem. There are two users, myself, and my adult son. For some reason my son's account will not log off. It goes through all the right motions when he clicks on the log off command. However, when the user log in screen shows up, he is shown as still being logged in. How can this be resolved?

A:User not logged off?

I would try running a registry fixer. I don't know if this will actually work or not, but I find it always helps somewhat with small problems I encounter.

Try Ccleaner. You can download it free from http://www.ccleaner.com. Even if this doesn't help, this is a good thing to help your computer running smoothly. Make sure to always make a backup.

If that doesn't work, maybe a virus? Do you have any anti-virus program that you can scan your system with?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/user-not-logged-off-152800.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

A:admin user lost some admin rights

Quote: Originally Posted by Witch

I can't delete a file from the desktop. When I try, it says to get the rights from the specified admin user (which I'm logged on). The strange thing is that I still can create other users from this account (including admins).

Any suggestion on what to do?

Whats the name of the file?
Have you tried deleting it in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194988-admin-user-lost-some-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I tried to follow this procedure: http://www.ehow.com/how_5078719_block-websites-except-one.html I have been using my default admin account for ages on this Windows XP machine. The system prompted me to create a Computer Admin account and then allowed me to set up a limited account. Now my default admin account has disappeared. It has taken many things I need with it, including my Photoshop actions and access to some software and all of my saved passwords in FireFox and IE. I have tried a system restore to no avail. Suggestions on how to get my default admin user back would be much appreciated. That user was passworded and the ones currently appearing are not and I don't really even get how, with any security features at all, it would be possible to set up a new admin account and delete the old one, thus disabling password access on a computer.

A:Accidentally deleted default admin user in Windows XP

Try this:
Reboot into Safe Mode, it should show A choice of Administrator or user account, choose Administrator, and then create a new account and make it Administrator, Reboot back to normal mode and boot into this account

Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/378567/accidentally-deleted-default-admin-user-in-windows-xp/
Relevancy 56.76%

After upgrading Windows 8 to 8.1 - my standard user does no longer have administration rights.

in computer administration ->local user and Groups - the properties for the user shows that the user belongs the Group administrators.

However when I access the user account in the control panel the user shows up as "standard" and I cannot change that while logged in as standard user.

I have tried logging in as Administrator (using the built in administrator) - but here I am also unable to change the setting of the standard user from "standard" to "Administrator" - the "change account type" button
is greyed out and cannot be clicked.

I have tried everything I can think of, read all I could find on the net - but to no avail.

Can u assist

A:unable to give user admin rights in windows 8.1

Hello Ivanhoe, and welcome to Eight Forums.

What other groups does Local Users and Groups show that the standard user belongs to?

While signed out of the standard account and signed in to the built-in Administrator, see if you may be able to use one of the other options in the tutorial below to change the account type of the standard user to be administrator.

User Account Type - Change in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38069-unable-give-user-admin-rights-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Greetings forums' readers amp helpers Once logged in which takes a long Windows & lost User my has Admin‼ profiles, both time since the loss my desktop is a black screen The taskbar appears as usual on mouse hover and in the color of each profile but the quick launch and the other Windows has lost my profiles, both User & Admin‼ icons are gone Windows has lost my profiles, both User & Admin‼ Only the Programs Menu is according to each profile and can start my programs but not the important Windows basics like the quot Control Panel quot quot Explorer quot etc Launching those give me this error But windows does recognize the username and password of each one It shows the difference of the bookmarks the menus the effect of the respective theme in some programs etc - - Some people have said to create a new profile Well how can you do that without the Control Panel and so Others recommanded to re-install Windows Will that destroy the actual profiles having years of personalization and all the registry editions done according to many tutorials from here and the Windows forums By chance the Register is accessible So I made a search of that key I hope someone can point out if the problem is in there and if it can be fixed by just editing the registry Note that I got the same results in the quot Wow Node quot Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID EE -A A- D - -BEB C quot Control Panel quot quot InfoTip quot hex d f f c d c c c e c c c d quot LocalizedString quot hex d f f c d c c c e c c c d quot System AppUserModel RelaunchIconResource quot hex d f f c d c d e c c c d quot System AppUserModel RelaunchCommand quot quot SystemRoot system control exe quot quot System AppUserModel RelaunchDisplayNameResource quot hex d f f c d c c c e c c c d HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID EE -A A- D - -BEB C DefaultIcon hex d f f c d c d e c c c d HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID EE -A A- D - -BEB C InProcServer hex d f f c d c c c e c c quot ThreadingModel quot quot Apartment quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Classes CLSID EE -A A- D - -BEB C ShellFolder quot FolderValueFlags quot dword quot Attributes quot dword a HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer DeviceUpdateLocations quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C C F E - AE - E -A E - D B BF quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer FolderDescriptions F -B D - a -BBA - CBC C A quot Name quot quot SyncSetupFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C C F E - AE - E -A E - D B BF F A A-A F - E D- C F- F BD D C quot A A -BE - -A B- A D E F quot Name quot quot SyncResultsFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C C F E - AE - E -A E - D B BF BC B F- - F - - A A A quot BF -C E- B - C - D B quot Name quot quot SyncCenterFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C C F E - AE - E -A E - D B BF quot BFEFB - D- -A BE-AC CB quot Name quot quot ConflictFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C C F E - AE - E -A E - D B BF E D - - C - E- D C A quot F CD B- E - D - FF-B D B DEDD quot Name quot quot ConnectionsFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C ACC - - D -AAD - FC E quot A AEB-AEB - C-A -D EE D quot Name quot quot ControlPanelFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C quot a ce -f - b- b a- e fa d e quot Name quot quot AppUpdatesFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C b be a-ce b- -a e-eb a c d a a - - c - c e-b f fb bd quot de d - ebc- f -a a - c e c quot Name quot quot AddNewProgramsFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot shell EE -A A- D - -BEB C eae e-f a- - f - e dafd quot df ac- - - d - bd de d quot Name quot quot ChangeRemoveProgramsFolder quot quot ParsingName quot quot EE -A A- D - -BEB C b be a-ce b- -a e-eb a c quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer OpenContainingFolderHiddenList quot Start menu search results for Control Panel quot quot EE -A A- ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/50730-windows-has-lost-my-profiles-both-user-admin.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My friend recently bought a new Windows 8 laptop which she set up in her name and therefore has a passworded Admin account. I also partitioned the HD so that the smaller portion (C) contains the OS and the larger portion (D) is for all her files.

Since I am only using the laptop temporarily my passworded 'standard' user account is located in (C) and cannot be viewed by anybody else, however, I can view my friend's files which are now being stored in 'D'.

Is there a way to protect the files in the 'D' partition in the same manner as if all accounts were on one drive and password protected?

Tom.

A:Windows 8 admin/standard user access issues

It's in the NTFS permissions - - ever look / change those?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-8-admin-standard-user-access-issues.189297/
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying ti install Stopzilla, when i do i get this error message. "there is 1 other user logged onto your computer, you must switch to and log off this user before you can continue" I am the only user (as administrator) there are or never have been any another user on this computer. Tried in safe mode , same problem, scanned with Eset, Malaware Bytes, Super anti spytware, Spybot etc. No viruse.. Ran Systernal Explorer only 1 explorer process so only 1 user..........Any ideas would be great. Several people (searched Google) with same problem

A:1 other user logged on problem

Is this the paid or free version? I have not used this stopzilla software but there are other free alternatives when it comes to installing certain protection softwares. Plus some on-demand system scanners like Malwarebytes and Superantispyware which could work side by side with your antivirus.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456832/1-other-user-logged-on-problem/