Windows Support Forum

Windows 10 and Network share properties

Q: Windows 10 and Network share properties

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45581-windows-10-network-share-properties.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 10 and Network share properties

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have been unable to share files Not only between two computers both running Windows which I'm trying to sync some files in OneNote but I can't even change the properties I've tried everything from going into advances sharing settings in the drive and giving full permission to just the share to change properties files Can't basic right clicking on the file clicking Share With and trying to click Homegroup or going into specific people and no matter what it just Can't change properties to share files keeps saying Nobody with the lock icon next to it I have gone into the firewall and made sure that's not an issue it just seems that no matter Can't change properties to share files what Windows just will not allow me to share ANY files in my documents folders Help I've been working on this for days straight now and getting nowhere I'm about sapped dry I have a feeling this is why I cannot use software that I am trying to use to sync Outlook between my computers The computers are recognized but they will not establish a connection Maybe this is a separate issues but perhaps it is all related to file sharing in general I cannot use my new desktop until I these files are able to be shared Thanks

A:Can't change properties to share files

And yes, file sharing has been enabled, and I forgot also to say that I I have set it so that password is not needed to share files also. How do I just get that da*$#ned locked icon to go away when I go into Share so that I can enable everyone to have access to the files?!

It is just me with a laptop and desktop both in the same homegroup, trying to simply have files accessible between the two. I have no great security needs, no big office with many computers that I need to worry about security on, etc.

However, when I do go into security settings for the C drive, and try to give full access to the administrator (me), it denies this access, runs through many files as though it is going to change the seetings, but then says I am denied access to the files and it won't complete the changeover to owner status. It's just one big nightmare. Also, when I've clicked on administrator in the drive security settings, the checkboxes for full access are checked, but they are greyed out. I can't change anything there.

thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/206945-cant-change-properties-share-files.html
Relevancy 58.05%

So i have all sharing options turned on, home network.
I could copy files from xp and i could access etc.
but the problem is that i cant share a folder. The option in folder properties, context menu or menu bar is totally missing.
File and printer sharing is enabled.

A:Share option in properties/menu missing

Hi djmauro,

You might want to check out these pages for help:

Win 7 context menu items missing

Right Click Menu - after SP1, items missing - Vista Forums

Let us know if you find a solution!

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55587-share-option-properties-menu-missing.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a unusual case where I need to setup two mapped network drives as possible to is name? Why users share multiple the not share map the without different to network single drives machine as same it manipulating from two different users to the Why is it not possible to map multiple network drives to the same share as different users from single machine without manipulating the share name? same share location When I attempt to Why is it not possible to map multiple network drives to the same share as different users from single machine without manipulating the share name? map the second drive after inputting the user name and password the system goes on its merry way for a few seconds and then returns me back to the username password input If I change the second mapped network drive to use the IP address the two shares work happily If I manipulate the host file and point two paths to the same address then I can also work around this problem However I would simply like to know why I am blocked from setting two mapped drives to point to the same share with different credentials nbsp e g TestFolder on TestServer is shared to TestUser amp TestUser where the IP of TestServer is Case If I map S to TestServer TestFolder using TestUser if I then map T to nbsp TestServer TestFolder using TestUser it will not work nbsp Case Mapping nbsp S to TestServer TestFolder using TestUser if I then map T to nbsp TestFolder using TestUser it will work and I can access the folder as the two different users Case If I map S to TestServer TestFolder using TestUser if I then map T to nbsp TestServer TestFolder using TestUser it will also work but I am accessing S amp T as the same user nbsp Why do cases work but case does not nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6dc19004-960c-4c66-b98b-57342830f38e/why-is-it-not-possible-to-map-multiple-network-drives-to-the-same-share-as-different-users-from?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 56.76%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello: I have three PC?s in my home office connected by a Network.

On one of the PC?s, I see the Network ID is greyed out on ?system properties?.

I already have followed all the known troubleshoot procedures:
1. Enable Network Discovery
2. Uninstall, reboot and install Microsoft Networks Client
3. Run sfc /scannow

However, the Network ID remains greyed out.

Anybody can bring new lights on these.

Thanks

A:Network ID greyed out on “system properties” Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote: Originally Posted by Dinamicor

Hello: I have three PC?s in my home office connected by a Network.

On one of the PC?s, I see the Network ID is greyed out on ?system properties?.

I already have followed all the known troubleshoot procedures:
1. Enable Network Discovery
2. Uninstall, reboot and install Microsoft Networks Client
3. Run sfc /scannow

However, the Network ID remains greyed out.

Anybody can bring new lights on these.

Thanks

Please run ?Services.msc? and navigate to Workstation service; ensure the service is enabled and started, or restart the service. Then try again.

Try using a domain administrator account (regarding appropriate permissions for network administration).
The local administrator account only has administrative access to local resources on the PC - i.e. does not have administrative privileges on the network
Regarding access and use of a domain administrator account:
I.e. you're a user at your company - so you should contact your companys system administrator regarding company policy.

I.e. if this is BYOD (your own device) it will probably not be joined to the domain.
If its a company workstation (laptop) - he will rejoin it to the domain.

As a rule of thumb - and may be confusing you here, do not expect yourself - even though a superuser with local administrative privileges - to finalize redeployment of windows, apps and data in a company domain. I.e. in a company you usually don't control access to payrolls etc. (you should not have that kind of administrative configuration access - even if a company owner you could mess things up giving "unauthorized" access. Even a domain administrative account is not used as a "user" account - only configuration). I.e. with user accounts i.e. local administrator you don't control access to private network ressources in the company. I.e. you cannot join network ressources - joining to a domain means connecting with the private web service in the company basically controlling identification and internal access to company wide resources. So that service hides some complexity as well.

Delegate the job to your companys system administrator and let him complete the work if this is a company workstation
... that you may have reinstalled yourself using the local administrator account without using the companys deployment services - i.e. automated deployment (i.e. PXE network boot to the companys Windows Deployment Services or Symantec Altiris etc.). If no automated deployment is available at your company then the component (responsibility) of deployment services are manually executed by the system administrator (automated deployment availability at your company will typically depend upon complexity i.e. the number of computers owned by your company - but even for a small number of workstations the benefit of Windows Deployment Services is great ...)
Basically, the finalization of software configuration for a company managed computer must in part be managed by the system administrator, i.e. rejoining the computer to a domain - which effectively means the administration of the computer from this point on is delegated to the domain controller and thus automated management of i.e. authentication and authorizations.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366038-network-id-greyed-out-system-properties-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello i Have the above problem while I try to share a printer on a domain network.
My windows firewall (localy) is also damage, is that the problem that I have to solve first?

Windows 8  - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties  [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved.  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.   [OK]

A:Windows 8 - cannot share a printer error message appears "[Window Title] Printer Properties [Main Instruction] Printer settings could not be saved. There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. [OK]

You may need to reinstall the printer. Remove the printer driver from Control Panel\Programs and Features, then add the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please note that if the printer driver is not in the list in Devices and Printers, I suspect that the printer is currently not compatible with Windows 8. In this case I suggest you contact the printer manfuacturer for more information.
Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c50023fb-6450-40ee-8239-5ab532f29b7d/windows-8-cannot-share-a-printer-error-message-appears-quotwindow-title-printer-properties?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a pc that is currently using Windows 2000. I also have a laptop that came pre-installed with Windows XP. The laptop also came with the Windows Xp disk. I was wondering if it is possible to use that Windows XP disk to install it on my pc that is connected to the same network.

Relevancy 55.9%

My WHS died and I desided to go with Windows across on 7 Fax with network Share Windows the board All my computers are running it and I thought it would be better to just run windows ultimate as my server I have everything running but my modem I had it set up to be shared as a fax modem so that I could send and receive faxes from one Share Fax with Windows 7 on network location I have Share Fax with Windows 7 on network been working on this for a while now and I can't seem to figure out how to get the fax to share I got it working on the server it self but sharing it with others I was wondering if I needed a third party adaptor or software I know I could just try to build a cheap small xp machine and run the fax off that but it would be a waste cuss I hardly ever use it It's just nice to know you have it when you need it Thanks for your help

A:Share Fax with Windows 7 on network

The way I do it is that I have an HP Officejet 6500 and when I install it. It creates a Fax/Printer sorta thingy in the Printers Folder where If i point to that printer, it will act as a fax and dial out and send the document electronically.

umm yeah that is a hard question..... I will look into it.

Try this... i will try it too see what I can find out

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc753191.aspx

Actually it does work....

then on your remote computers, do the same thing in Windows Fax and Scan but now you just want to connect remotely becuase you have the fax modem shared.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/58590-share-fax-windows-7-network.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi friends, i got windows 7 ultimate 64bits, and im trying to share my connection with my brothers PC's, but i got some problem to do that.

I have 2 Lan Cards on my pc, one im connected direct with the Modem and another one to I SHARE with them.

But all the time when i try share this says only the first is connected, all the PC's have the same group name and my connection to modem is marked to share connection.

Anyone got the same problem and can help me?

i will buy the router tplink on the end of the month but i need to share before with them...

Thanks!
Famibica

A:Network Share - Windows 7 and XP

Can you please post a screenshot of the Network and Sharing Center along with the device manager showing network adapters?
Have you ever successfully done this before with another OS?

Reason I ask is because if not, and also depending on your hardware, you may need to use a crossover type of ethernet cable instead to accomplish what you want.

Which adapter is being used to connect to remote pc? Which adapter is remote pc using?

Make sure the computer names are not the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/32290-network-share-windows-7-xp.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 55.47%

This single computer on my network loses DNS information every time Windows auto-updates, thus losing connectivity. When I go to Network Properties, the DNS fields are blank. Updates are the only time this happens, and this is the only machine it happens on. I simply reset the settings, and everything is fine ... until the next update.

I am assuming there is some setting on this box that does this. Is anyone familiar with this situation, and can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

TBF

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430765 MB, Free - 1403851 MB; I: Total - 305195 MB, Free - 290812 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0JC474
Antivirus: None

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-properties-dns-info-blanks-after-windows-auto-update.1057277/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm trying to connect my mac (OS X 10.4) to a windows computer (2000 Proffessional) which is connected to a Samsung ML-1740 series printer. The two computers are connected through a router, but I'm not sure how to access/share the printer. I've never done this before, and I can't figure it out.

-Mady

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi sir,
Tell me the steps to disable the network share in windows xp.Kindly give me the solution for
this problem.

A:How to disable the network share in windows xp?

Turn off Simple Sharing:

XP Home Edition -
1.On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then click Network Connections.
2.Right-click Local Area Connection.
3.Click Properties.
4.Remove the check from File and Printer Sharing, and then and click OK.
5.If you are asked to restart your computer, click Yes.
For XP Pro and other versions -
1.Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2.On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3.Click the View tab.
4.In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box.
5.Click OK.
Even though Simple Sharing is turned off, some files/folders may still be shared under Advanced Options.

To check for these and unshare them -
1.On the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then click Administrative Tools.
(If you do not see Administrative Tools, on the left side of the window, click Switch to Classic View.)
2.Double-click Computer Management.
3.On the left side of the window, under System Tools, double-click Shared Folders.
4.Click the Shares folder to display the list of shared folders.
(By default, IPC$ should be listed in the Shares folder.)
5.For each shared folder, right-click the folder and then click Properties.
6.Click the Share Permissions tab.
7.In the Groups or user names list, select Everyone, and then click Remove.
8.Click Apply and then OK.
9.Repeat steps 5-8 for each shared folder.
10.Close the Computer Management window and the Control Panel window.

Note: Do not change sharing on IPC$.
If you cannot change the fole/folder sharing permissions as above, you may need to go into the properties of each to change it.

Open Windows Explorer, and then locate the shared folder or drive that you want to stop sharing.

If you are logged on to a domain, do the following:

Right-click the shared folder or drive, and then click Sharing and Security.
To stop sharing all instances of the shared resource, click Do not share this folder. To stop sharing only one instance of a folder or drive that is shared multiple times, in Share name click the share that you want to remove, click Remove Share, and then click OK.
If you are not logged on to a domain or if you are running Windows XP Home Edition, do the following:

Right-click the shared folder or drive, and then click Properties.
On the Sharing tab, clear the Share this folder on the network check box.
Note

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-the-network-share-in-windows-xp.1097074/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Friends,
I am having a problem on sharing Folders in Windows XP.

I have an Administrative account (password protected) & a limited account.I need to share a folder in this limited account. I have successfully shared a folder but the problem is,if anyone tries to access this shared folder through LAN (network sharing),a username & password window will appear & here we have to give the administrator`s username & Password.I cannot disclose the login credentials of administrative account to other users.So my requirement is to avoid the pop-up window for username & Password when someone tries to access that shared folder.Is it possible?????

Awaiting repliey from experts

A:Windows XP asking password for Network share

Did you try the username of the limited account and leaving the password blank (if indeed it is)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-asking-password-for-network-share.1107237/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've searched high and low for a fix and I am at my wits end!!
Ok, so I have 3 pc's on my home lan...two are 7 ultimate and one is 7 home.
All I want to be able to do is share the hard drives to make moving files from one to another easy and quick instead of using thumb drives. That's all i want to do...was so easy and nice in XP but I cannot get it to work in 7. I do NOT like that Homegroup thing either as that is not working for me.
None of the pc's have log in's or passwords...they boot directly into windows 7.
When i share out a drive and then try to connect it tells me the drive is not available and I'm about to lose my mind.
Can anyone help me out with this? Like I said, it was SO easy in XP....
Thanks!

A:windows 7 network drive share?

Ok..got it to the point where it is asking for a username and password if I check the credentials box, but I don't use a password for that laptop. Do I HAVE to use a password to get a connection? Or is that just masking the inevitable error of "windows cannot access \\pcname\drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220187-windows-7-network-drive-share.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys This is my first post so please accept my apologies if i make any mistakes I've recently setup a media pc and have installed a program called XBMC but my question is mainly related to Windows and Network Sharing SCENARIO Currently i have the following - ONE Media PC with user accounts Administrator and MediaPC Windows Ultimate How Folders? 7) Network Share do (Windows I amp XBMC on C gb hard drive Media files on D TB hard drive ONE Office Gaming PC One user How do I Network Share Folders? (Windows 7) account - Billy - only i use it ONE Laptop wireless - One user account - Family kids family use it All the above computers are on Win connected on the same homegroup How do I Network Share Folders? (Windows 7) to my virgin media superhub GOAL I want to network share the Media PC - D drive with my Office PC Billy Account which should have FULL READ WRITE MODIFY RIGHTS access At the same time I want to Totally DENY ACCESS to the kids laptop Family Account so they cannot SEE the media drive Is this possible If so how do i go about implementing it I've got a limited knowledge of networking so please could you explain exactly what i need to do Thanks

A:How do I Network Share Folders? (Windows 7)

This should help follow step #5: Permissions - Allow or Deny Users and Groups

Since you have 7 Ultimate this may also help: Group Policy - Apply to a Specific User or Group

But if you use the Group Policy Editor you should also use this for security: Local Users and Groups MMC Snap-in - Enable or Disable

Apply the settings from the machine that has the media drive.

May I ask, are both machines Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/216047-how-do-i-network-share-folders-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Why do I have a problem sharing a folder if I set permissions as full control everyone to "new folder" but I forgot to set the advanced "share this folder" checkbox???What the *censored*? Why is it that I NEEED to check this off after I already added "everyone" and told windows to share the folder with the original share this folder button?Thanks so much and yes im venting... not your fault... windows is soooo stupid! AM Im using windows 8.1 enterprise or something??? no im a basic home user I dont need crazy networking security.

A:Windows 8.1 Network share question

For the same reason that you have a problem sending a letter through the post when you write the destination address, return address, and affix a stamp, but do not put it in the postbox.Setting permissions on a folder is quite different from actually making it available in much the same way.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156082.0.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all I have a damning problem My nas network shares become unavailable after some time I can still see them and i network x64 freeze Nas share 7 Windows can click on them but i can't connect to them any more explorer freezes or Nas network share freeze Windows 7 x64 is simply unresponsive CMD is another matter that completely freezes and i cannot shut it down again only a restart helps I can now close explorer windows again but at some point they too became completely frozen with no way to shut them down even terminate process structure and terminate process won't help Computer Nas network share freeze Windows 7 x64 Asus Rampage II extreme mobo gb of ram Windows x Qnap nas Marvel e standard on mobo I have read the fora but i can't find a fix to my problem most people have problems with Nas network share freeze Windows 7 x64 internet then too which i don't even when my network shares are unavailable i can still connect and use the internet I hope you help help me with this problem as it is extremely annoying It seems that when i keep a windows explorer open i can still access it after the other shares have gone unavailable even via cmd What i did so far Read arround internet a lot installed latest drivers of marvel did a scan with sfc played arround with the credentials manager had problems at first that everytime i had to enter my credentials i fixed that problem disabled enabled the network card in device manager even did ipconfig flushdns etc which i didn't think would help but tried anyway just in case When i do a net use command the network shares have the status 'reconnect' If they are accessible state 'OK' I hope you can help me THANKS deduijk

A:Nas network share freeze Windows 7 x64

Are you certain it's a problem on the PC end? The NAS could be failing...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/78672-nas-network-share-freeze-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all been a while since I ve posted here but I m about to start tearing my hair out over this So I d like to over me network! Solved: share stuff the please windows 7 my help be able to access a few hard drives connected to my PC running win ultimate from my macbook OS X To summarise Both computers connect to a wireless network the macbook with the built in airport and my PC with a belkin USB adapter Both Solved: please help me share my windows 7 stuff over the network! computers are configured to join the default quot WORKGROUP quot workgroup The mac is set up to access samba shares and has accessed them in the past from said PC Network discovery is turned on in windows Firewalls have been disabled at both ends to no avail In windows local security policy settings quot LAN manager authentication level quot is set to quot Send LM amp NTLM - use NTLMv session security if negotiated quot and bit encryption is disabled under minimum session security Tried resetting leaving and creating homegroups in windows but this was probably futile as OS X doesn t use Solved: please help me share my windows 7 stuff over the network! homegroups Both computers connect to the network using DHCP the mac has an address reserved in the router it s always the PC connects with DHCP and has an IP assigned every time It s almost always None of the computers on the network can ping each other My network goes Code ADSL router --- wireless-N access point ---my pc ---girlfriend's laptop --- airport express ---PS ---macbook I can t say with any certainty but I think the last time I had everything working and seeing each other on the network was before I added the wireless N access point It s configured solely as an access point the ADSL router still handles DHCP and such My IP range didn t change the access point in this case has the IP and the gateway IP ADSL router is I don t know what to do now I ve been through everything I could possibly think of I hope someone out there can help TIA nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,

Was having an issue here and was hoping someone could offer some assistance.

I have a Linux Box (debian) running with Samba installed and hosting a network share.

I can access the share on a 2 Windows XP machines, a windows Vista machine, AND a modded Xbox with Xbox media center with SMB support. However, for some reason, windows 7 comes up with an error box when I try to connect and says

Quote:
\\10.0.0.1

More Data is available.

10.0.0.1 being my sharebox/router.

I went into gpedit.msc and then to "Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options" and selected a variety of the choices here but none seem to do the trick

A:Samba network share issue with Windows 7

I do have probleme to with a file server under Debian R4 avec Samba.

All work pretty fine with Vista (dual-boot) and from a Xbox with XBMC But from Seven Beta it's really slow and totally unusable.
File explorer freeze each time I navigate intoo file folder that are on the network Drive.
And the copy of video file is pretty impossible.
After few try the connexion is lost but I can still access the serveur via webmin or putty but it can be laggy.

I really don't understand what's goning wrong. I had some similar problem at the beginning with Vista but not at this level !!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/3737-samba-network-share-issue-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I access python from python network in Accessing share 7 a windows from a network share This works fine on XP but on windows it throws the following error Python r Dec MSC v bit Intel on win Type quot help quot quot copyright quot quot credits quot or quot license quot for more information gt gt gt import random Traceback most recent call last File quot lt stdin gt quot line in lt module gt File quot t win python- lib random py Accessing python from a network share in windows 7 quot line in lt module gt inst Random File quot t win python- lib random py quot line in init self seed x File quot t Accessing python from a network share in windows 7 win python- lib random py quot line in seed a long hexlify urandom WindowsError Error The specified procedure could not be found Is there some security policy that I need to enable disable to use python from a network on windows It works without any issue on win if I copy python to my local drive Also accessing python from the same network share works fine on win XP So I Accessing python from a network share in windows 7 am suspecting some security policy of win that is causing problem while accessing it over a network share

A:Accessing python from a network share in windows 7

check following services: ON

Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Workstation
Wireless Zero Configuration

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/53457-accessing-python-network-share-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two laptops both running Win Ultimate and connected wirelessly to a Billion VGO Each has its documents shared with quot everyone quot Initially I tried Homegroup but coudn't get that to work so went back to ordinary networking With router freshly booted each computer can see the other's shares If A share network problem Windows dropout 7 I keep A Windows 7 network share dropout problem working on a share on the other computer I can stay connected but if I leave off to work on my own computer and come back later the shared files are all inaccessible That is each computer can still see the internet OK but can't access the other's shares Up comes a Diagnostic box and Win helpfully tells me to reboot the router When I do that it's all OK again until a few minutes of inactivity when the shares again become inaccessible The same thing happens to a shared USB printer that's on one computer only - it's only accessible after a fresh router boot Any ideas

A:A Windows 7 network share dropout problem

First place I would look is power management. Sounds like the drives are spun down from idling. USB devices are also turned off to save power when idle. Normally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/29020-windows-7-network-share-dropout-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I need an application (preferably free, but non-free will be considered) to share an individual window from one machine on our network across to others, but haven't located any, they all seem to be screen sharing application (i.e. the entire screen). Please could someone reccomend me one/some.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/69594-appliation-share-individual-windows-across-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi everyone

got a bit of a weird one
ive got 2 windows 8 pcs, ones my trusty old desktop, the other one is a tablet/laptop that ive been using for about a year, recently took it in for repairs and had to reset to factory settings (haven't restored the backup just yet... having some issues in that dept too...)

anyways im on the tablet, I goto file explorer, select networks, in networks I see my 2 computers, I select my desktop pc and it asks me for a username and password (which to my knowledge do not exist), I jump on my desktop and try entering my laptops shared files, same problem

where would I be able to view/change this username/password, as its on my personal home network and ive never configured a network password (in fact have shared drives on the network before and never came across this issue)

A:trying to share folders on 2 windows 8 PCs-network passwor

Goto: Control Panel->Network and Sharing Center->Change advanced sharing settings
and set as shown below:
For each shared folder, right click on it->Properties->Security, check if you have a user: Everyone on the list and set the permission to Full. If not then add a user: Everyone then set permission

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52559-trying-share-folders-2-windows-8-pcs-network-passwor.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to mount a network file share to a drive letter for use in an ftp automation script through the command line, I initially attempted to use a drive map to the share, but
this does not work within the ftp command line when we use lcd, it works when we c:\%windir%, but when we start attempting to lcd to a network share, we get: 
ftp>
lcd \\server\share
\\server\share: File not found
When we were attempting to use the drive map set up we get the same thing:

ftp>
lcd y:\
> y:\:No Such file or directory
ftp>
Is it at all possible to mount a network file share to Windows 7 ?

Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/33d800b1-b5a0-4a67-adaf-baf5cf8e6de8/mount-windows-network-file-share-to-a-drive-letter-in-windows-7?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, if you include a folder location in a library, a net share is created (full, everyone).

Can this "feature" be turned off? Or should I just can the libraries?!

Thanks

A:windows 7 library policies? (don't create network share)

Interestingly, this 'feature' isn't being exhibited on my netbook... maybe tuneup utilities fixed this .. arguable security flaw

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/325904-windows-7-library-policies-dont-create-network-share.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I've read multiple threads over the internet but it always ends in the same story I have computers A B C all windows professional All are part of the same home group I have a memory stick called Drive F I want to share Drive F which is located on Computer C with Computer B But I don't want Computer network people: specific other Share locations Windows No with 7: A to see it I can easily share with quot EVERYONE quot and all computers see the drive and can access it When I try to change Windows 7: Share with specific people: No other network locations EVERYONE to Computer B using Advanced Sharing using the permissions button by I clicking the quot Add quot a quot group or user name quot a box comes up allowing me to select groups or users quot From this location quot which you can then try to select a computer Unfortunately I only see the computer I'm on computer A This is where I get stuck every time I can't figure out how to get Computer C to show other network locations in that box so I can pick Computer B only Ideas hugely appreciated Frank

A:Windows 7: Share with specific people: No other network locations

You can't hide the share, the best you can do is restrict access to it. I don't use homegroups, so I don't know if it allows that kind of access restriction. If you decide to use workgroups, I can help you configure your shares so only certain people can access the files/folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187154-windows-7-share-specific-people-no-other-network-locations.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows XP SP2 system doesn't remember network share passwords, every time i reboot the system have to enter password again.

- Checked on remember password check-box. Still it doesn't remember.
- Mapped drive also never connects even if check marked on Reconnect at logon option.
- Firewall is disabled.

Stored Users names and passwords from Control Panel> Users Account> Username> Manage my network passwords always remains empty even if i make manual entry in it.

Any ideas??

Relevancy 53.75%

Windows Server R as a domain controller Internet Explorer Favorites are redirected to a Windows network share on the network Internet cannot in local Windows url Explorer share open server itself Issue When clicking a favourite redirected to nbsp the Windows network share IE does nothing nbsp For testing purpose I double click nbsp a nbsp url file in redirected Favorites e g domain controller profiles username Favorites website url IE opens with a blank page nbsp If the url file is placed nbsp at local drive or nbsp a Samba share e g in a Synology box probably it does not really matter as long as it is a network share residing in another computer Internet Explorer cannot open url in local Windows network share nbsp IE works fine The issue applies to every one probably except Administrator nbsp logged on the domain controller I tried reset IE nbsp It did not work Favourites redirection works on Windows client computers in the domain Pinned Site Shortcut website file works everywhereWhen Enable Protected Mode in Internet Options Security Internet is disabled IE can open url file in a Windows network share nbsp But it is probably not a good idea to permanently disable it Any suggestion on fixing the issue nbsp Thank you

A:Internet Explorer cannot open url in local Windows network share

tried ProcMon, the events captured are enormous even after I filtered out those I am sure do not matter.  It was hard to spot what went wrong if I don't know what to look for. 

Which is why I made the suggestion to filter coarsely and wait for a divergence in your two nearly equivalent traces.   <eg>
Otherwise, if you are only looking at one trace but think that there is a possibility that some diagnostics may have been written, filtering with 
Operation Is WriteFile  is often very handy.  With that filter you can also use the Count occurrences... tool for the number of distinct  Path  values which were involved.
In fact, now that I have reviewed the symptom description, filtering coarsely might also mean using only the File Access events and filtering with  Path Contains Fav   Do that with each of your traces and see where there is a divergence. 
Then turn the filter off at that point or perhaps just add Registry events at that point (e.g. use the button but leave your filter for  Path in place).  Etc.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e1a16c3-5c33-42ba-bb06-238f164d1999/internet-explorer-cannot-open-url-in-local-windows-network-share?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 53.75%

My System OS IS Windows XP SP2
doesn't remember network share passwords of Windows 2003 OS

A:Windows XP SP2 doesn't remember network share passwords of 2003 os

By Windows 2003 OS do you mean Windows Server 2003? You didn't mention if you are on a Domain, or just Workgroup? Try these tips: How To Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer That Is Not in a Domain in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-sp2-doesnt-remember-network-share-passwords-of-2003-os-607170.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Over the past month we have been experiencing a problem with Windows XP.
All PC's are on XP SP3 and are on a domain.

But just recently some users are having difficulty printing and getting to network shares. This happens because they are not authorised. We sometimes get this error message in the bottom right hand corner.

Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card. Please clock to see more information.

When we do this the problem doesn’t go away and that message appears every time we try to print to a network printer or open a shared drive.

This is becoming really Frustrating and embarrassing for us now and we would really like a fix.

Thank you for your time.

Quote Reply ​

A:Windows Credentials, Network Printer, Netwrok Share Problems

Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958281

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-credentials-network-printer-netwrok-share-problems.961951/
Relevancy 53.75%

Users have intermittent connectivity to shared folder if they use \\computername\folder, sometimes they can not access it sometimes they can but only see a few folders. However if they use \\computername\root\folder they do not have a problem. We are working
across subnets as our home office is in NC and we are in IA. I have asked our head IT guys what the reason for this is and even they are not aware of the issues. Of course they are on the subnet that we are trying to access from our site.
If someone could please explain why we have to use root in between to get this to work it would be a great help.
And yes at some point access the folders via \\domain\folder worked just fine, but it is hit or miss.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a6b87d3e-c062-4505-9928-97df97216665/network-share-folder-issues-windows-7-to-server-2008?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi All I'm having an issue when copying files from a Windows network share If the file is above MB it will start copying and then after a minute or two I will get an error such as Interrupted Action An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file If you continue to receive this error you can use the error code to search for help with this problem Error x B An unexpected network error occurred The network share is in a different office and is accessible over a point-to-point VPN so the connection is not that fast nbsp But before everyone tells me to start diagnosing the router and or VPN please take note of the following My colleague who is running Windows can copy files from the network share fineIf I run a Windows VM on my Windows laptop I can copy the files across fine I also know it isn't an issue with this Network Share 8.1 Windows Copying 0x8007003b Files Error particular file share I set up Windows 8.1 Network Share 0x8007003b Error Copying Files a little lab where I had one VM which had a shared folder and other client VMs one running Windows and one running Windows I limited the bandwidth to the two client VMs to a similar speed we see across our VPN The result was that the Windows failed with the same error above whereas the Windows copied fine There is also a noticeable difference visually when copying using Windows and Windows Windows - The progress bar progresses smoothly giving the current speed and estimated time remainingWindows - The progress bar progresses in a jumpy fashion E g it shows no progress then after a minute it jumps and shows progress then shows no further progress then jumps by another There is no estimated time remaining I ran Wireshark to investigate what was going on at the network layer I see the following behaviour Windows - The file is copying fine then all of a sudden there are a lot of TCP dupack packets After which the Windows client sends a RST packet and then the error pops up Windows - The file is copying fine then you also see a load of TCP dupack packets however no error is displayed and it continues copying fine I'd appreciate any help with this I'm hoping there are some settings I can change to make Windows behave more like Windows FYI originally posed here but was advised to ask on Technet - nbsp https answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -files windows- -network-share- x b-error-copying bc a - b- a-b - dd f fb a Thanks Zak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1208ca4a-47aa-451c-8aa7-04599527484c/windows-81-network-share-0x8007003b-error-copying-files?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

I am running Windows Vista bit I had a google redirect problem as well as new tabs open up on their own while using Chrome Firefox and IE So I searched the internet for a fix I ran Spybot S amp D TDSSKiller and Ad Aware That Defender/can't share on Start files Firewall, network... Windows Cannot seems to have fixed the my previous problems except Firefox crashed strangely while I was typing this but when I went to adjust my Windows Firewall and Defender settings it says quot Due to an unidentified problem Windows cannot display Cannot Start Windows Firewall, Defender/can't share files on network... Windows Firewall settings quot when I try to turn on Firewall and quot Application failed to initialize x The handle is invalid quot when I double click on Windows Defender It also says quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the Cannot Start Windows Firewall, Defender/can't share files on network... service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot when I click the Check for updates button in Windows Update It also won t let me share files on my network when I try to do so in Windows Media Player quot Windows Media sharing has been turned off because a required Windows setting or component has Cannot Start Windows Firewall, Defender/can't share files on network... changed quot I don t know if I did this while trying to fix the google redirect problem or if it was there previously but I am here asking for help with this Here is my FSS log if that helps Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Born administrator on - - at Running from quot C Users Born Downloads quot Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible Yahoo com is accessible IE proxy is enabled Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open MpsSvc registry key The service key does not exist bfe Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open bfe registry key The service key does not exist Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wscsvc registry key The service key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open wuauserv registry key The service key does not exist BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open BITS registry key The service key does not exist Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Servic... Read more

A:Cannot Start Windows Firewall, Defender/can't share files on network...

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468288/cannot-start-windows-firewall-defendercant-share-files-on-network/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows Ult x Desktop which is basically the house quot File Server quot and a Desktop suddden network on folders/drives share Ult won't all of Windows 7 all of a sudden on Friday after a reboot the Windows 7 Ult Desktop won't share folders/drives on network all of a suddden internal hard drives couln't bee seen on the other computers in the house The other computers I have are as follows HP DV - nr running Win Vista HP x HP DV something running Win Vista HP x and another desktop wunning Windows XP Pro x When I try to access the networked drives from the other computers I get the error pictures below When I check the desktop the drives are shared the way they Windows 7 Ult Desktop won't share folders/drives on network all of a suddden are suppose to same as they've been for over a year now but all of a sudden they can't be connected to by the other computers as you can see in the picture the computer appears on the network but the externals can't connect to the desktop However I can connect from the desktop to a shared folder on my laptop DV Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 Ult Desktop won't share folders/drives on network all of a suddden

Page 2 Bump??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-ult-desktop-wont-share-folders-drives-on-network-all-of-a-suddden-594345.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Over the past month we have been experiencing a problem with Windows XP.
All PC's are on XP SP3 and are on a domain.

But just recently some users are having difficulty printing and getting to network shares. This happens because they are not authorised. We sometimes get this error message in the bottom right hand corner.

Please lock this computer, then unlock it using your most recent password or smart card. Please clock to see more information.

When we do this the problem doesn’t go away and that message appears every time we try to print to a network printer or open a shared drive.

This is becoming really Frustrating and embarrassing for us now and we would really like a fix.

Thank you for your time.

A:Windows Credentials, Network Printer, Netwrok Share Problems

Can no one help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-credentials-network-printer-netwrok-share-problems.960421/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi nbsp We are getting the following error when mapping to a network drive of a DFS share on Windows The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred A specified logon a Windows drive 7 a DFS share on message when to network mapping of Error session does not exist It may already have been terminated quot In our case the user logs on his workstation using his regular domain account then maps to the network DFS share using the service account of an application There is a fix from Microsoft MS KB But this fix requires disabling the quot Network access Do not allow storage of credentials or NET Passports for network authentication property This is against the Microsoft own best practices Network access Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication should be set to ENABLED and is NOT acceptable for us for obvious security reasons nbsp Question Does anyone know an alternative fix to Error message when mapping to a network drive of a DFS share on Windows 7 this issue that does not introduce security risks nbsp Thank you in advance Mdjona

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/105928ac-abac-4ae6-af11-f81174d7f3b7/error-message-when-mapping-to-a-network-drive-of-a-dfs-share-on-windows-7?forum=emet
Relevancy 53.32%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t experiencing-rundll-error-windows-on-start-up OBThis all started when my BF clicked on a fake virus alert He scanned the computer right away with MBAM and caught various things but even when we rebooted webpages Properties for Network start windows locked, up, error Rundll and Connections redirect. open on certain programs couldn't start up Firefox was fixed with help from the apartment complex's service provider but SAS couldn't get Updates and I've had to reinstall AVG Free Ed I've also reinstalled IE and Yahoo IM which were outdated and had start up and log in problems because of the infection Uniblue Registry Booster does not seem to have any problems starting and Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. functioning Since then I've caught a few things with MBAM SAS and AVG but the system is definitely not clean yet I still get redirects and trojans or roguewares pop up from time to time that are caught by AVG FREE EDITION While trying to get rid of the RUNDLL error windows with Moderator boopme I discovered I could not access the Properties button or Right-Click Properties for Network Connections A Network Connections window pops up that says unexpected error occurred I was instructed to post here using - of the Preperation Guide I tried to make a GMER log but the Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect. first time through AVG prevented it from going past a certain point After disabling AVG temporarily it finished quickley but froze before I could save the log and while I was trying to enable the AVG Resident Sheild The third scan took much longer than the second scan but ended in a blue screen that said there was a problem detected and that Windows had to shut down to prevent damage A file was listed pwtdipog sysUnder it was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREARestart instructions were included there after followed by Technical Information whiich I can post if needed Here are my logs from Steps DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Gina at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Uniblue RegistryBooster rbmonitor exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Documents and Settings Gina Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp neko-sentai com uSearch Bar hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search htmlmStart Page hxxp www yahoo comuInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride uSearchURL Default hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo comBHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No FileBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dllBHO Skype add-on for Internet Explorer ... Read more

A:Properties for Network Connections locked, Rundll error windows open on start up, and webpages redirect.

Hello Kou_Kagerou, My names Syler and I will be helping you to solve your malware issues. Sorry for the delayin replying, we are very busy at the moment.Please note we are very busy, so if I don't hear from you within 5 days the topic will be closed, If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if you would let me no so I can close this topic.Download and Run MBR Rootkit Scan Please download MBR Rootkit Detector and save it on your desktop. Go to Start >> Run then copy and paste the following line into the run boxcmd /c "%userprofile%\desktop\mbr.exe" -t& start mbr.log Select Run when you recieve a Security Warning The process is automatic, a black DOS window will appear and disappear suddenly. This is normal. A log file will the be created on your desktop where you ran mbr.exe from. Copy and paste the contents of mbr.log on your next reply.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfigdrivers32CREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedThen please post back here with the following logs: MBAM log mbr.log OTL.txt Extra.txtThanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333978/properties-for-network-connections-locked-rundll-error-windows-open-on-start-up-and-webpages-redirect/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,

I've just installed SP3 for Windows XP and since doing so, any files shared on there are no longer accessible from other computers unless I run Network Setup Wizard.

Everything was working fine prior to SP3 - and as soon as I run the wizard, it's works just fine again. The problem is that I don't want to have to run Network Setup Wizard every time I load up Windows.

Anyone who can get to the bottom of this would earn my utmost respect and gratitude!

Thanks,

Marronza

A:I have to run Network Setup Wizard every time I start Windows, so I can share files

Can I assume XP on all machines and a working home network?If so:
Can you ping the sp3 pc from other pc's on the network?
Can the sp3 machine ping the other machines?
A failure to ping is almost always a firewall isuue.Disable all firewalls if unable to ping

Here are two tutorials from Johnwill and Terrynet on this forum that cover just about all of the basics you will need to check for sharing.
Hope they help

Printer and File Sharing

The following will set up a Microsoft Workgroup for File and Printer Sharing assuming the PCs are already networked via router, ad-hoc wireless or Ethernet (directly or using switch or hub).

In Network and Dial-up Connections (Win 2k Pro) or Network Connections (XP) right click on your connection and select &#8216;Properties.&#8217; If not already there, install or add a check mark for &#8220;Client for Microsoft Networks, &#8220;File and Printer sharing &#8230;&#8221; and &#8220;Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).&#8221;

Right click on My Computer and on the Computer Name tab make sure you have a unique computer name and the workgroup name that you want to use for all computers. Change if necessary.

Restart the PC.

You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine.

If using the XP SP2 firewall: Control Panel &#8211; Windows Firewall &#8211; on the General tab it should be &#8220;On&#8221; and on the Exceptions tab &#8220;File and Printer Sharing&#8221; should be selected.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.

If you want the wizard way for XP ...

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro or Vista.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

File sharing on Vista is a bit different (and probably easier). Go into the network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel or from the Network icon in the Notification Area. Your network must be designated 'Private.' In the Sharing and Discovery section you can configure File sharing, Public folder sharing (similar to Shared Documents in previous Windows), Printer sharing and Password protected sharing.

Services to start for home network

Check your Services are Started on all PCs:
&#8226; Computer Browser
&#8226; DHCP Client
&#8226; DNS Client
&#8226; Network Location Awareness
&#8226; Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
&#8226; Server
&#8226; TCP/IP Netbios helper
&#8226; Workstation

Note: You can check the services in Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.

All of these services should be started, and their startup type should be automatic (or perhaps manual).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-to-run-network-setup-wizard-every-time-i-start-windows-so-i-can-share-files.780576/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to add a refurbished HP system Windows System 7: change setting network Properties Can't > ID setting to my menagerie It had Windows Pro bit installed when I got it I went through the setup without any problems created a user account for myself Lewis set the system name Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting to TestPC and started installing and testing some software Simple internet access Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting web page browsing is working fine Today I connected and external disk drive from a Windows XP system and I was able to successfully read anything on it But when I attempted to delete a file I was told I needed permission even though I am the administrator I found some instructions at Microsoft for changing ownership of the files on the external drive so I did that It was then that I noticed the user name shown was Lewis TestPC Lewis and I was still not able to delete files on the external drive Being primarily a Unix person I have been fumbling around looking for something that would indicate why Windows felt the need to attach the system name to user names In Computer gt Properties gt Computer name domain and workgroup settings gt System Properties gt Computer Name gt Network ID I found a selection with the following description quot This computer is part of aa business network I use it to connect to other computers at work quot Since this is not true I selected the other option and worked my way back out to restart the computer After the restart that erroneous setting was still there I have tried several more times to change it but they have all failed Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Lewis

A:Windows 7: Can't change setting System Properties > network ID setting

Hi Lewis, welcome to the Seven Forums.

The \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME combination is not erroneous, it's how Windows keeps track of users in your network (even if said network only has one Windows PC).

For Windows, when a computer does not belong to a domain, the PC name is used instead of a domain name. I am currently typing this using a laptop with name AGM-W8LAP02 (my own naming policy, my home network is called AGM and this is Windows 8 Laptop number 02). My complete username for this user profile I am currently using on this computer is \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari. This combination \\DOMAIN_OR_PC_NAME\USERNAME does separate my user profile Kari on this computer from user profile Kari on other computers. User \\AGM-W8LAP02\Kari is not the same user than \\AGM-W7DESK01\Kari.

For Windows it's easier and more logical to use this naming policy even if your PC would be the only one in network. If you now add computers to your network which also contain user profile Lewis, Windows does not have to change the system to be able to separate users not only from other users on the same computer but also from same users on other computers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332361-windows-7-cant-change-setting-system-properties-network-id-setting.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I've just had a new PC built for me for the first time rather than build share 64 New Network install & others printer, SMB W7 issues? -network it myself I aid a local shop and it's a pretty nice machine They got windows up and running when I got it back and lugged it in I don't even remember it asking about whether my network was home work or public I may be mistaken about that A lot New W7 64 install -network issues? Network printer, SMB share & others of the networking is fine by adding 'everyone' to the share and joining the same homegroup as my laptop I managed to get each to see their desktops so I'm up and running with most of my workflow But there's a couple of things not quite right about the network I've got a Xerox Phaser network printer It's got a simple 'walk-up' installer where you get the windows software into listening mode and then on the printer's menu initiate the connection This doesn't find the printer Even choosing the manual option of inputting the ip won't find it So I've had to connect it with USB not the end of the world but shows that something's not right I have a lot of media on a dlna server in my home Setting up kodi to find it the SMB devices didn't show the host Though manually typing the IP in this case did find it Lucky I knew the IP Weird And trying to FTP to my website fails too It says quot EAI FAIL - Nonrecoverable failure in name resolution quot Yet the same settings on my laptop imported from the laptop connects fine Surely there's something not quite right Is there a way to reset all the network connection settings to default 'out of the box' settings

A:New W7 64 install -network issues? Network printer, SMB share & others

OK, I just rethought it a little and added filezilla to the firewall exceptions list. Now t's working! I wonder if the same would fix the printer issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/376763-new-w7-64-install-network-issues-network-printer-smb-share-others.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Team
Please assist to know the list of problems that can arise when we disable Administrative shares on Domain workstations (Windows 7, 8.1 and 10), most of the tech threads just say "some services may not function properly"
can someone help to know what are the services
regards,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f6310f1-38c9-4116-b2f0-361f757840b7/problems-of-disabling-windows-administrative-share-share?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 49.88%

I've got a strange problem dealing with a R share nbsp We have a lab with Windows Enterprise workstations nbsp They all have the same desktop via a GPO applied folder redirection to a share on the above mentioned R server nbsp All but of them can connect and pull the desktop with the Ent. to Windows cannot Share Windows access 2012 7 - \\server\share$ appropriate shortcuts network folders etc So the share permissions have no explicit denies nbsp In an effort to resolve this issue I've added both Everyone and Authenticated Users with Read permissions on top of the appropriate AD Group object that already had Read permissions and of course SYSTEM and Domain Admins with Full Control nbsp The NTFS permissions have of course CREATOR Windows 7 Ent. to 2012 Share - Windows cannot access \\server\share$ OWNER SYSTEM and Domain Admins with Full Control nbsp The appropriate AD Group also has Read permissions nbsp No explicit NTFS denies either Using either the same account that belongs to the appropriate AD Group or my Domain Admin account which doesn't have the redirected desktop I can login to all workstations and all but the above mentioned four get the folder redirected desktop nbsp When I authenticate with my DA account and try to connect to the share on those four computers I get the same error the user gets Network Error Windows cannot access SERVER Share You do not have permission to access SERVER Share nbsp Contact your network administrator to request access I think we've all seen this error before nbsp But I've only seen it associated with NTFS or share permission problems nbsp Frankly I'm stumped nbsp Any ideas on what's going on Edited to add nbsp I don't think it's a problem with the share nbsp Clearly it's a workstation issue since of the Win machines can connect without difficulty nbsp And I don't think it's a profile issue either since I've never authenticated on these workstations with my domain account

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b063430-afcd-439d-b69a-44017b36162f/windows-7-ent-to-2012-share-windows-cannot-access-servershare?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I am having a lot of users. If there is some way to disable the Network Properties. then please inform, it will be very useful....my main objective is that users should not be able to see there Ip by Right Clicking on the Network Places icon or some other way
OS is Windows Xp...

Waiting for a positive reply...

Regards

Relevancy 48.16%

i cannot access the properties of my network connections, all i get is a popup window
saying "unexpected error has occured"
i've tried microsoft suggestion of registering ole32 and netshell but these did not help.
i've scanned with av and malwarebytes and nothing shows in event viewer at the times i
try to access the properties button of any of my network connections.
please help
thank you for your time

A:cannot access network properties

Dont know if you have a wireless connection or no, but have you read this from microsoft?? Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272828/cannot-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 48.16%

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

When I try to select a network location in the Windows Backup setup the quot OK quot button is greyed out However I can mount the share fine using Explorer i e drag and drop works I have noted that the share and all subfolders are quot read-only quot and Can't Windows share 7 use Backup network to backup a Windows to in Ultimate deselecting it in the Properties window and clicking quot OK quot doesn't do anything but none of the files are they can be added or deleted fine I do have Can't use Windows Backup to backup to a network share in Windows 7 Ultimate to admit that this share is a little unusual it's actually an NTFS partition NTFS- G drivers on an external Firewire drive that is being shared by VMware Fusion to my Win installation from Mac OS X But since I can drag and drop to the share I assume everything is in order I also have Avast installed but disabling it didn't help Finally this partition actually already has some backups on it from when I booted into Win and accessed the drive natively But that doesn't seem to matter since Windows won't accept any of my shares as backup destinations It's also worth noting that Fusion doesn't technically support Win only Vista amp below but I'd rather not upgrade Fusion if I can avoid it since both licenses were provided to me by my workplace Any ideas Thanks for your help

Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 47.73%

I’m using Windows 2000 server, the NIC card as 2 ip address I’m trying to remove one of the address as I moved the Web Page to a different computer But when I right click on the network neighborhood I get the hourglass for 3 sec. And then nothing. I tried restarting the server in safe mode with network support (same result). I tried replacing the NIC Still I could not access the TCP/IP configuration. I’m wondering if there is a way to remove the address from the command prompt or some other way.

Thank you.

Sqwerty_L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-neighborhood-properties-problems.68772/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I go to my network connections and attempt to display the properties of my dial up modem properties(my default internet connection with MSN)...so that I can enable the firewall...nothing happens. Nothing. The computer doesn't hang, no error message pops up. It just doesn't respond. I have tried several times with this problem. Microsoft had me uninstall all of my network connections and then reinstall to see if that changed anything...but nothing. I had this issue once before but can't remember what I did to correct it.
I'm running Win XP on an AMD 850 Athlon PC Clone with 512MB RAM, with a 100GB HD.
If anyone has encountered this or can offer any help I'd be very grateful.

A:Dial up network properties won't display!

How are you access it? Have you tried within IE and selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-properties-wont-display.72479/
Relevancy 47.73%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 47.73%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Have three win xp machines on lan will search and find all three but while two will show the lan network properties, one wont . I need the properties of the netcard to set tcp/ip and dns .
have tried uninstalling the netcard no help! uninstalled xp networking components no help.
any help please Regards Alan G

Relevancy 47.73%

I believe I messed up the network settings on my machine not via the router but via control panel when you right click on the Local Area Connection gt Properties gt IPv IPv and some network reset properties? Completely all more places I can't remember and that's the problem Another thing is when I type ipconfig all I Completely reset all network properties? see that DHCP is not enabled and I remember it used to be enabled In IPv and IPv properties everything is set to automatically so I dont know why web pages take too long to load Mbps connection the rest of computers on the network are surfing the web fast I also get an error a few times a day where the little symbol of the LAN in the taskbar has a yellow exclamation mark and I need to right click and do the Troubleshoot problems and at the end I always get quot The default gateway was not available quot and it's fixed but keeps coming back I tried something I found on Microsoft help page and ran the following cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt That didn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402610-completely-reset-all-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having major problems with my ip configuration settings I want to be able to use a fixed ip address and gateway for my wireless network connection The problem is that after I've properties BSOD network changing after changed the configuration of the IP version connection properties to the fixed ip I want to use and ok it My system crashes with a Stop error Bsod implicating the file tcpipreg sys as the culprit I ve tried disabling Ip version as I thought that maybe they were clashing somehow but other than that it seems I m stuck using DHCP which is annoying as the reason I am trying to switch off DHCP is to solve another problem Namely that Every BSOD after changing network properties time I BSOD after changing network properties start up my computer my connection shows Limited or no connectivity and I am forced to either Diagnose and Repair my connection or ipconfig renew in order to get an outside connection The adapter is a Realtek RTL and is an integrated device on my Asus P N -SLI Premium Motherboard

A:BSOD after changing network properties

I'm wondering if this helps anything.

This is from WinDbg.
Sorry it makes this such a long post.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]
Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Vista Kernel Version 6000 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6000.16575.amd64fre.vista_gdr.071009-1548
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0219af70
Debug session time: Fri Jan 11 12:23:45.207 2008 (GMT+0)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:38.097
Loading Kernel Symbols
............................................................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 000007ff`fffd3018). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa8007ed2ff8, 1, fffff98006b5dfef, 0}

Page 4ffb8 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 5037a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 500cb not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4fdc9 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type &qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-changing-network-properties-210744.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am not able to access or change my network settings.

Windows XP Home SP 3

I do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.

Then get these error message

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets
are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one"

Tried rebooting, tried disabling local area connection then rebooting and re-enabling still no luck.

Only other thing I can think of is that I tried VMWare (new browser version) did not like and uninstalled it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:unable to access network properties

For diagnostics: Boot in a safe mode with networking and try if it works....Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211109/unable-to-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

A:Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
What can be keeping me from accessing Network Properties of my Dial-up?
I open the shortcut icon, then right-click on my dial-up, but nothing happens.
I have a working thread going ( in this forum titled Possible Bug? ) regarding a problem with Generic Host Process errors, and need to get into the properties to enable the simple Windows firewall, in SP1. I've tried in Safe Mode too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
patmac

A:Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

You will need to delete and recreate your dial-up connection. Make sure you save any phone numbers that it dials and any usernames/passwords.

I used to work tech support for earthlink, and that was the only thing we could do to resolve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-network-properties.503478/
Relevancy 47.73%

If I change the folder properties accessing a shared folder (say pictures) over my home network, will it alter the folder's properties on the drive on which it resides or just the folder on the machine I am using to access the folder?

I am accessing my pictures folder on my desktop from my laptop from the other side of my house. The pictures and videos folders are set to "general items", the customize tab of the properties on the folder is set to "general items" when I access it from the laptop. If I switch the pictures to "pictures" and videos to "videos" on the laptop, will it alter the folder in the desktop on which the folder resides?

Hope this is clear enough, Thanks for any help, I have a hard time with sharing and permissions.

A:Folder properties when sharing over network

If you are able to connect to the folder, either locally or over the network, and managed to change it, then it will or should be changed. I'm sure you are not referring to doing ith with different user profiles, right? Best way is to try it and find out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50820-folder-properties-when-sharing-over-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I have a samba shared directory (from linux) that I can see from windows 7 and where I stored some video files.
Is it possible to share that directory from windows 7 over the network as dlna / stream?
I've tried to create a shortcut of the samba path in videos directory but I can't see that path from my dlna device in the same network.
Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388122-how-share-network-path-over-network.html
Relevancy 47.3%

HI All,
We have set up three users in a home network where one person holds all the files on their PC and that folder is shared for access to everyone.  It is a remote location so no need to have it too locked down.  I haven't created a homegroup but can
if that changes things.  the issue is that at the moment two people can open the same file at the same time without any message about the file already being in use - then the rule of "last person to save the file" wins.  Is there any way
- by settings on the PC, or by using homegroup instead, or by using a third party tool - to prevent this from happening?
Thanks,
JJ

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a54dc183-d98a-4cec-a98f-ae3b20228883/preventing-file-overwriteshare-conflict-in-peeer-to-peer-windows-7-homegrouplocal-file-share?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 47.3%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 47.3%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently recovered from the Agobot worm and a couple other viruses (serv1ces.exe and microsoft.exe). However I noticed today that nothing shows up when I try to access the Device Manager or my Network Properties. Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just got a laptop with Vista Home and I want to install this onto my home network (MSHome) that has 5 other WinXP systems on that network. When the laptop was setup it chose a default network group called Workgroup or something like that and I cannot figure out how to get this computer navigated to the MSHome network.

A:Solved: Can't change home network properties

Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced System settings -Computer Name.
Then "Change"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-change-home-network-properties.729556/
Relevancy 47.3%

When I click on the properties tab for my NIC in Workstation 4.0 I get "cannot configure software component" message, how do I resolve this? I am trying to figure out my network settings. IE: Full or Half Duplex.

A:Network Adapter Properties {Moved to Networking}

This isn't a tip or trick. I'm going to transfer this over to the Networking forum.
Check for updates there

Well, I can't seem to move it. I've alerted TechGuy and this thread will be moved shortly.

[This message has been edited by ich (edited 08-29-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-properties-moved-to-networking.29049/
Relevancy 47.3%

HI all am trying to change the ip address manually. to unbrick my router. so I go to my network and click properties to change the tcp ect. and the famous Unexpected error accured pops up. I try all the regsvr32 ect. stuff and nothing works. I have windows 8 pro. those anyone know how to fix this?

A:An Unexpected error accured Network properties

Is it really bricked or is it in limbo? I had one I thought was bricked, turns out i just had to wait it out to finish the firmware upgrade.

What model router is it?

Were you trying to install DD-WRT?

if you think that its just a configuration problem, then go to device manager and uninstall your network driver, then click on the action tab on top and click scan for hardware changes, and let windows reinstall them in their default settings. Now try your custom IP.

Did you do the 30-30-30 reset? (press and hold the reset button for 30 secs, unplug router, wait 30 secs, plug router in while still holding the reset, then after 30 more secs, release the reset.) Do not release the reset at any time, til the end.

If it has not completed the firmware upgrade then do not do the 30-30-30 reset until its done..

Brooklyn!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25371-unexpected-error-accured-network-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm running windows 2000 server with SP2 on a Compaq Proliant 1600 with an embedded NIC. I noticed that the ethernet adapter does not show up in the My network places properties. I have tried to get it back with tweekUI, Removing it from Device manager and reinstalling it, and ran an in-place upgrade. I have also disable the embedded NIC and tried adding a new PCI ethernet adapter, it too fails to show up. I can see the card in the command line. I have tried the netsh command to tie an IP address to the adapter and made it persistant, but the changes are lost on mandatory reboot. In order to keep the server up and running I have made it a DHCP client so I can use the machine. All comments are welcome on this one.

A:NIC card doesn't show in My Network Places properties

**** UPDATE **** I found a MS KB article on this and it was the dcom issue that eas the problem
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=254631:cool:

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-card-doesnt-show-in-my-network-places-properties.120098/
Relevancy 46.87%

i have a laptop Toshiba A200-13R (core duo 2.0(T2450) ghz, 512+2 Ram
(667mhz) 160GB hdd). As a factory product it came with vista home basic. I
installed xp proffessional as dual os. Both were working fine. 3 days before
i have bought ram to upgrade but that is bad system was giving plenty of
errors so i replaced the old Ram. after that if i connect the network cable
before starting the system it is working fine. if i start without network
cable connected system is neither opening the network connections nor the
system properties. i tried the following

* Restored from the restore points before upgrading the ram
* Tried to reinstall the LAN Driver it's not able to update the driver
* Tried to update windows xp but it's not responding and staying the step
Collecting informations for ever.

so please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-prof-not-able-to-open-network-connections-and-system-properties.622399/
Relevancy 46.87%

English is not my native tongue Network printer issue properties/advanced settings I apologize for any misspells or Network printer properties/advanced settings issue similar in advance I m connected to a Konica Minolta C network multifunction printer I have never had any similar issues with any other of my printers Let me also say I work in traditional Desktop view I have no issue printing not once did it refuse a print job Issue below are not tied to a specific software I ve experienced it in software from at least Microsoft Autodesk Adobe Foxit When opening Print Dialog I am mostly not allowed to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings I say mostly because every now and then I am allowed When hitting the Properties button my system freezes A popup dialog box appears stating different things but the last couple of times it has been A RPC Remote Procedure Call could not get through Or similar remember I m not using an Network printer properties/advanced settings issue English system I hit OK At this point the software is frozen and locked I have to go via Task Manager and Kill Task Meanwhile all other running programs are not affected So the story above could just as well include a slightly different popup dialog box message but the problem is the same I can always print with my standard settings but if I want for example multicolour or duplex I have to have a separate printer installation for that So if I go to my Control Panel - gt Units and Printers I do actually face the exact same problem I enter C Printer Settings but if I now try to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings everything freezes for a second flashing in system background colour and I m back to Desktop view Then if I update reinstall my printer driver everything suddenly works like a charm I don t really know if it works for a specific amount of times entries a specific amount of time or until next system restart As said I could make a number of printer installations like Simplex B W Simplex Colour Duplex B W and Duplex Colour But I want to understand what is wrong too Win x C driver Resultat av download - KONICA MINOLTA Sverige Thank you so much for your interest in my problem

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32297-network-printer-properties-advanced-settings-issue.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Whenever I select my wireless adapter right click and choose quot Properties quot the properties window freezes and results Viewing freezing. properties network adapter a in along with Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. it the explorer Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. window Some time ago I had disabled a bunch of services some of which were related to networking I had done so because they were causing intensive CPU use problems while they were being loaded I realize now I should of set them to manual and I have set as many as I can remember to manual but the problem still exist Is there something else I could try to undo this problem and aside from this everything else works fine with no internet or network problems nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by vpwin Name --Description ----Status ------Startup Type --------Log On As ActiveX Installer AxInstSV --Provides User Account Control validation for the installation of ActiveX controls from the Internet and enables management of ActiveX control installation based on Group Policy settings This service is started on demand and if disabled the installation of ActiveX controls will behave according to default browser settings ------Manual --------Local System Adaptive Brightness --Monitors ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness If this service is stopped or disabled the display brightness will not adapt to lighting conditions ------Manual --------Local Service Adobe LM Service --AdobeLM Service ------Manual --------Local System Akamai NetSession Interface --Provides networking protocol and file transfer technologies If the service is stopped those applications that depend on the service may fail to transfer files or otherwise function properly ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Apple Mobile Device --Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Application Experience --Processes application compatibility cache requests for applications as they are launched ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Identity --Determines and verifies the identity of an application Disabling this service will prevent AppLocker from being enforced ------Manual --------Local Service Application Information --Facilitates the running of interactive applications with additional administrative privileges If this service is stopped users will be unable to launch applications with the additional administrative privileges they may require to perform desired user tasks ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Layer Gateway Service --Provides support for rd party protocol plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing ----Started ------Manual --------Local Service avast Antivirus --Manages and implements avast antivirus services for this computer This includes the resident protection the virus chest and the scheduler ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Background Intelligent Transfer Service --Transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth If the service is disabled then any applications that depend on BITS such as Windows Update or MSN Explorer will be unable to automatically download programs and other information ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Base Filtering Engine --The Base Filtering Engine BFE is a service that manages firewall and Internet Protocol security IPsec policies and implements user mode filtering Stopping or disabling the BFE service will significantly reduce the security of the system It will also result in unpredictable behavior in IPsec management and firewall applications ----Started ------Automatic --------Local Service BitLocker Drive Encryption Service --BDESVC hosts the BitLocker Drive Encryption service BitLocker Drive Encryption provides secure startup for the operating system as well as full volume encryption for OS fixed or removable volumes This service... Read more

A:Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing.

Can you share with us your list of services, and if they are enabled/manual/disabled or whatever. We may notice one more that might need to be enabled.

Once that's ruled out we can look at other causes? Any suggestions any1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91559-viewing-network-adapter-properties-results-freezing.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 46.87%

Originally posted by navguy how can i fix the following error message quot the system cannot log you on this domain because the systems computer account System of Network Properties Win2kPro: Missing Identification Tab out in it s primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect quot I have already created user accounts on the pdc but i cannot logon using my domain admin account I logon using the local sys admin account and i can see the domain controller and all it s shared files but when i try to log in using my domain account i get the message above Any help would be appreciated Navguy I was able Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties to fix the problem For those that Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties ever see the problem here is the fix just remove you workstation from the domain and then add it to the domain again Right click network neighborhood in the identification tab click on change then just click on workstation apply you do not have to reboot then just click on change again then add it to the domain and that s it Click to expand Well has anyone ever seen a W K Pro computer in a similiar situation with the identification tab missing I am able to log on as the local admin so I can change the computer name to join the domain but the tab is missing I know I am in the right spot but not sure why it s not Thanks nbsp

A:Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2kpro-missing-network-identification-tab-out-of-system-properties.150673/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey, sorry if this is the wrong forum,
I could find one that looked better,
So, heres the deal,
I have 2 windows xp computers, they are about 10 ft apart,
So i wanted to set up a share folder,
I have them connected on the same network,
I just cant figure out what to type in on the Run.exe or whatever.
isnt it something like

"//computername/sharedfolder"??

THanks in advance

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi guys,

I have a computer and a laptop hooked up to a router and I'd like to transfer some folders from one to the other. I read around some other forums and they said to set the sharing n security to share the folder over a network etc... but ummm they stopped there....
So now, it's in the computer's my network places..... what do I do from here? how do I access it from the laptop

Thank you

Relevancy 46.87%

how to share internet ,i have a pc (win xp) connected to internet by lan(dsl) i want share pc internet via bluetooth to laptop(win7)
i searched via bluetooth and connected this two device but in laptop (network and sharing center)say "no internet access"
i think that i should create "gateway connection" and set ip address in tcp/ip but i don't know how to do it

A:how to share network

Have never tried using Bluetooth that way, but if it works what you need to do is enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the connection on the XP that has internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-share-network.1064031/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

I have a wireless sitecom router.
I want to connect xbox to PC, to do that i need to share lan connection that xbox can see it. When i try to do it, it says that is not possible, does not give any mistake or whatsoever. I also have two other laptops, one also vista with the same edition, and other XP, both of them have no problems with sharing.
It seems strange cuz i CAN share wireless connection, but not lan
Any idea how to fix it?

thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/269509-cannot-share-lan-network.html